[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 50

Warhammer Fantasy General: I took the only image I had available at the moment Edition.

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. Please go shill elsewhere.

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
Old Thread:
>>50842274
>>50842274
>>50842274
>>50842274
>>50842274
>>
I'm considering making a bare-bones supplement (no art, etc., because I just can't do that properly) for WFRP2, concerning the dwarfs, including expatriate dwarfs, mountain dwarfs, and chaos dwarfs.

What should be included in such a supplement, and what content from earlier books should be revised?

I was thinking so far of a general timeline and history of the dwarfs, character creation rules (regular, chaos, and add expat; expats being near-identical to core rules), revised runecrafting/runecasting rules and careers, some added careers, and a walkthrough of principle deities and beliefs.
>>
How the fuck do you defend against skaven? No matter how good your walls are, they can easily just appear inside the city
>>
What soundtrack do you guys listen to while playing the Warhammer TW game?
>>
>>50869568
>Steamhead Duardin*
>>
>>50869568
A Divine Lore of Hashut, obviously. Sorcerer should not be a basic career for chaos swarfs, that's absurd. They should start as apprentice runesmiths or somehow work their way through warlock, or perhaps even start as apprentice wizards.

They should be able to take "Extra Spells" from Lore of Metal or Lore of Fire, and perhaps even be allowed tomtake a Dark Lore in addition to their Divine Lore.

Or perhaps Dark Lore (Darkness) instead of Divine Lore of Hashut, again allowing them to "Extra Spell" Lore of Fire & Metal, and combine it with runesmithing/runecasting.
>>
>>50869872
You raze passageways and sewers. Yeah, it's a bitch. The Skaven are actually a major threat, even if I think that it is invariably depicted as "over the top". But there are small groups of skaven operating under almost every major city, which is why officials are routinely assassinated.

Let's not forget that the skaven sent the Empire into a millennia-long darkness after sacking it, and they ended up paying dearly for it. Sinde then, the skaven themselves actively work to maintain their secrecy.
>>
>>50870015
>not forget that the skaven sent the Empire into a millennia-long darkness after sacking it, and they ended up paying dearly for it.
Can you elaborate on this?
>>
>>50869872
Patrol your sewers, seek out their tunnels and collapse them with black powder charges. Develop chemical weapons, use them. Hire slayers, offer to pay their clans massive amounts of gold if they'll go on a suicide mission to seek out breeder chambers while strapped up with black powder bombs.

Capture them whenever possible. Torture them for information. Encourage infighting by "accidentally" releasing captured spies with "evidence" that you colluded with a rival clan.

Kill. Kill. Kill.
>>
>>50870071
At one point the Empire was hit with the not!Black Death, and the skaven attacked in unprecedented force, killing nearly everyone until Mandred Skaven-Slayer got folks' shit together.
>>
>>50870098
Iterestingly, fighting skaven is a lot like fighting rats. Kill kill kill.

I wonder what we can do qith some cheddar and a barrel of cyanide.
>>
>>50869872
Dwarfs perfected techniques against greenskin and rat but bith at once overwhelm them.

You send in a Ranger and a Waystrider with some umgi.
>>
>>50870071
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Timeline

1111 IC to 2304 IC, the Empire basically didn't exist as we know it, politically or otherwise, due to Skaven fuckery. Note that that timeline is massively fucked-up nonsense more or less past that, due to End Times/Age of Sigmar autism.

But basically, Vermintide could've been set in 1111 IC and had it's End Times label removed, and the scenario would've been identical.
>>
File: 1459653099159.jpg (35KB, 604x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459653099159.jpg
35KB, 604x960px
>>50870311
Don't you mean, 'send some folk to watch the waywatcher do all the work,' dwarf?
>>
>>50870108
Pretty sure it's actually called the black death or the black plague in warhams fantasy, too.

Isn't there some similar thing, some pox, active in Bretonnia, called the red death or the crimson plague or something?
>>
What is known about Forkhelm Shiverback? He's mentioned once in the Lexicanum article for Thorgrim Grudgebearer, and seem to have some connection to the Chaos Dwarfs, which is why I asked.
>>
>>50870499
Red pox.
>>
>>50869872
It's not THAT easy.
Skaven either appear in the city with very few warrior and attack quietly or they gather in larger numbers but outside the walls the walls.
>>
>>50869568
Take a look at the various fan projects on Strike to Stun for ideas

Tilea Project (my own contribution)
Defenders of the Forest
- Ideally a potted history as canon respecting as possible
- Information on the regions Dwarves live
- 2-3 advanced careers
- Ideas on how to play Dwarf priests
- Dwarf language, how to get in the mindset of a Dwarf
- CHAOS DWARFS
- Plot seeds by the barrel
>>
>>50868231
I would call Nekhara less Rome, and more Persia+Egypt. You could argue they're more Persians with Egyptian trappings, really, since Egypt was traditionally content in isolation, while the ancient Nekharans were world-spanning conqurers, and later were seen as a source of civilization and culture of sorts.

High Elves fit the Roman model more - every other Tilean, Bretonnian, and presumably Estalian city is built around an abanoned Elven ruin, sort of like London or Paris were prominent Roman cities. Even Marienburg has an elven base.
>>
>>50870692
True. I guess it throws me off because the Nehekharans died, they didn't become durkas.
>>
What's the best map of the empire or of the whole world in general? I know Gitzman's exists but I'd like something with political/province borders in the empire if possible.
>>
>>50871381
I usually cross-reference this, the gitzman mega map, and the smaller province maps for the purpose of DMing.
>>
File: IMG_0571.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.png
2MB, 750x1334px
How different would history have been if the elves won the war if the beard?
>>
>>50871968
Not much, they still would've had to cede their colonies when Malekith attacked Ulthuan. If the dwarfs came off worse than they did in real history, it seems likely greenskins would've spilled into the central regions of the Empire in much greater numbers.
>>
>>50871968
How much did the war of the beard affect the world and history? There would probably be more presence of High Elves in the old world, but it wouldn't change much at large.
>>
>>50872085
High elf colonies remaining in the old world would have a huge effect on how the human civilizations at the time started forming. Bretonnia, estalia and tilea all got much of their culture from looking through high elf ruins and building on top of them.

One interesting thing to think about is how different the empire would have been if it was elves sigmar had aided and allied with instead of dwarfs.
>>
Is anyone interested in a Christmas-themed Warhammer Fantasy short story? I've been putting it together for the last week (don't really know why), and I thought I'd at least see if anyone else was interested in reading it.

Before you answer, you should know that it's like ten thousand words long.
>>
I want to play for good warhammer with tabletop simulator, you have some good link for that?
>>
>>50872765
is it skaven-themed?
>>
>>50873518
sadly no. Though funnily enough I actually did do a skaven themed Halloween story once (which I think this one is an improvement on).

This one is Empire vs. beastmen. And, in the tradition of warhammer stealing shameless from popular culture, it has an inspiration that you'll probably recognise (only obviously, with a very warhammer reinterpretation). I won't say its the most lighthearted tale, but I like to think overall it's a heartwarming story of coming together at notChristmastime to beat back the forces of darkness.
>>
>>50873518
How Thanquol Stole Christmas?

his attempts to inexplicably destroy the noncanon holiday in a small town result in accidentally saving the place from a Christmas themed chaos cult, earning the eternal gratitude of the townfolk, to thanquols bitter dismay
>>
>>50872085
Elves and Dwarfs were keeping Chaos at bay.

With the both massively diminished, Chaos and greenskins were able to take over.
>>
>>50873722
Or, skaven break into an Imperial storehouse, believing that they've found a cache of secret weapons. The minions are ordered to carefully secrete these boxes in every human dwelling they can reach, believing they will burst open and spread poison gas or plague, or just explode and burn everything down. They coordinate this fatal blow to happen at the worst possible time for humans: in the middle of winter. This will surely bring down the empire.

Next morning it turns out that they've just delivered wonderful gifts - which would otherwise have been lavished on courtiers and wealthy families over the many imperial balls of the holiday season - to all the families in the Empire
>>
File: rf 23.jpg (180KB, 640x585px) Image search: [Google]
rf 23.jpg
180KB, 640x585px
>>50874084
>>
>>50874103
I'm honestly not sure what that reaction image is meant to convey.
>>
>>50874118
well, that girl is clearly in the middle of a suntan-lotion fight, so I'd say she's crying with mirth
>>
>>50872765
>>50873518
>>50873671
>>50873722
>>50874084
That's a good question: what's the best race for a Christmas-themed story?

I'm going with orks. I can already see Santa Klawz and his little grotling 'elves', in a sleigh pulled by squigs.
>>
>>50871968
They would likely have annihilated the Dwarfs, given the aggrogance of their King.
Rather than what the Dwarfs did, which was let the Elves fuck back off to their Island in peace.
>>
>>50874549
>aggrogance
I don't know if that's just a typo, or the best portmanteau adjective ever created to describe a dwarf.
>>
>>50872765
You know what, I'll just post the first bit and if anyone's interested I might post more tomorrow and if people aren't interested I'll probably find another thread to put it in, because I'm pathetic like that. The reference should be obvious after the first two lines, but just in case you're not familiar with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVUMG6LZGM

- Good Reiksgraf Vaclav looked out, on the Feast of Ulric
- When the snow lay round about, glimm'ring bright as magic

The winter had been harsh this year, and that was saying something for this part of the Empire. Margrave Vaclav von Böhmen stood at the window, high in his castle, and looked out over his lands. They lay in Ostermark, the far north-eastern province of the Empire, in the wild country on the border with Kislev. It was not a large fiefdom, or a wealthy one, but it was his home.

Behind him, Vaclav could hear the sounds of feasting and drinking in his hall. Ulric's Night was when winter was at its deepest, a time for good food, good drink, and good company to keep the darkness and cold at bay. But Vaclav stood alone at his window, goblet hanging unused in his hand, contemplating his domain. Let the others celebrate the Great Wolf - gods knew they needed it. But Vaclav wasn't in the mood for partying. He would rather stare out of the window, at the forests and the mountains that dominated this country, and the little arable land at their edges that now lay buried under the snow. Maybe if he stared long enough he'd see a way out of this winter.
>>
>>50874725

Life at the borders of the Empire was a struggle at the best of times, but things were getting bad this year. Very bad. Vaclav had always tried to be a good lord. He'd always protected his people, as best he could, from the orks, the beastmen, the forces of Chaos that roved and reaved through the wilderness. But there was nothing he could do to protect them from winter itself. First deer, boar and other game froze to death, and then the people started to follow. The old, the young, the sick. Fuel stores began to burn away so the peasants were forced to go into the wild forests to replace them, and many didn't come out again. The heavy snows had all but cut them off from the rest of the Empire, and Vaclav had begun to feel like a prisoner in his own keep. And this night only marked the half-way point of winter.

The fresh fall of snow looked so beautiful, so pure, in that clear, starry night. It looked almost unearthly, ice crystals in the snow forming their own shimmering constellations. Vaclav could almost forget that it was another deathly sign of winter's touch, lain like a pale shroud over his lands. Almost. But still, it was beautiful.

In a moment he would have to go back to his feast, play the good host, pretend that all his cares lay lightly on his shoulders. But it would take a little while before he could summon the energy, and in the meantime he would stand here and watch the silent, still night. But then movement down below, on the crisp, deep snow, caught Vaclav's eye.

- Brightly shone the moons that night, tho' the frost bit sorest,
- When a poor man came in sight, stagg'ring from the forest.
>>
>>50874752

'M'Lord?' said a small voice behind him. He jerked round in surprise and saw a boy - his pageboy, Rolf.

'What?' he snapped, in his surprise more sharply that he'd intended to.

'M'Lord... um... the guests. They're asking for you.'

Ah yes, the guests. Well, he was the host after all, he was bound to be missed sooner or later. Poor Rolf, chucked out of the feast to go find his absent master. The hall was packed with knights and local worthies, Vaclav's vassals. Which, his estates being what they were, only amounted to barely three dozen men. They were good men, loyal men - always firm in battle, always firm in friendship. Just not men he wanted to talk to right now. But still, duty was duty.

Then he remembered what he'd been doing before the boy interrupted his train of thought. He drained what remained in his goblet and tossed it aside with a clatter.

'Come, with me.' Vaclav said softly to Rolf. He stalked out of the chamber, the boy trailing behind him. Quickly, down the spiral staircase, past the hall, out into the courtyard. The shock of the freezing air took Vaclav's breath away for a moment, but he didn't slow. Rolf followed silently behind him. In the sheds around the courtyard Vaclav could hear the lowing of the livestock, stashed snugly away for the winter. And towards the gate he could hear the muffled sounds of more festivities - his armsmen, stashed snugly away in the gatehouse for the night. His boots clicked sharply upon the stones of the courtyard as he marched towards the gate.

I'll leave it there for now. If anyone cares and the thread is still around when I wake up, I might post the rest.
>>
File: 1Map.jpg (835KB, 1596x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1Map.jpg
835KB, 1596x1024px
>>50871381
this one's quite good. >>50871925 is pretty cool, but I don't think there's much point in a map that doesn't show the major cities and landmarks.
>>
>>50874789
keep it up
>>
>>50875086
yeah, but most maps are way too low-detail or don't have good political demarcations, hence why I cross-reference. It's a bitch.

At least in the Empire, major rivers like the Aver usually form natural borders.
>>
I'm gathering the materials to try and make some terrain for my local Mordheim community. Given that most of the game I've played in so far have had very haphazard terrain, and extremely little of it has been "city" type terrain, with ruined buildings and so forth.

I also want to attract more of my friends to playing Mordheim, and having the actual terrain will probably convince them to make the small investment to acquire the small number of models needed for a Warband.

Does anyone with some experience have any general advice?
Mostly going to be following some stock-standard online tutorials using mostly Foamcore, Balsa Wood, and Plywood.
>>
>>50871925
I hate how it refers to Westerland and Marienburg as Republic of The Wasteland. I realize that the Empire refers to Westerland as The Wasteland, but there is nothing suggesting that it's a wasteland of any kind. I refuse to bellieve that they refer to themselves as such.

It's as if thee map would refer to Tilea as the Unified Faggotdom.
>>
>>50877859
You might check out train diorama forums, those guys take terrain really fucking seriously.
>>
>>50877872
Actually, if you read the WFRP 1e book for Marienburg, there's a good reason westerland is called the 'wasteland,' most of it is swampy, soggy, shitty salt marshes.

I don't think they call themselves the Wasteland, though.
>>
>>50877893
Finally a rationale. I wonder why no other source seems to mention this. The wikis are silent and Westerland isn't even covered in any of the Empire books, despite being imperial for longer than it hasn't.

It also helps explain Marienburg's wealth. Salt is fucking cash. Makes me wonder why the Empire hasn't tried to retake Marienburg more.
>>
>>50878220
If I remember right, Marienburg tends to play the Empire and Bretonnia off against each other - for all their backwardness Bretonnia would be eager to get a hold of the Wasteland as well. One makes a move, the other is quietly encouraged to stop them.
>>
>>50877872
>>50877893
There is a whole RPG book dedicated to Marienburg.
You might wanna check this out.
>>
>>50878220
They have tried several times, but Bretonnia and Ulthuan interfere, and vice-versa when the cheese-eaters go for it.

Crossing the Wasteland is also a fucking trying task, and an army that reaches Marienburg often does so exhausted.
>>
>>50878666
>implying KF wouldn't take it if he wanted to and some pointed ear pansies could stop him.
>>
>>50878683
Assuming the Storm of Chaos ends in Archaon's death and an Imperial victory?

Possible, but unlikely. Malekith's latest attack prolly takes Ulthuan out of it, but you have to remember Mannfred is still being a manlet. It would take extraordinary circumstances for KF to risk it.
>>
>>50878738
>assuming
Well it did, didn't it?

However, after the Storm of Chaos, the Empire faces a really harsh fucking winter. The north/north-east is devastated, and the south is probably plundered for supplies and manfolk, to feed and man the imperial armies.

There is no way KF would go straight to Marienburg. In two years time, maybe, but then everything will look differently, and Archaon is still on the loose, with no guarantee of capture.orests

The forces of chaos, many probably holed up in the northern forests, could run guerilla war for upwards a decade.
>>
>>50878813
>Well it did, didn't it?
No?
Chaos lost but Archaon was still alive.
>>
>>50878909
Yeah, sorry, read that a bit sloppily.
>>
>>50878220
The thing is a siege would knock it out if commission for a year, two years then another 6 months to a year while it was rebuilt.

That's three years of the Empires economy going down the toilet
>>
>>50879266
Almost every major empire city has been practically razed to the ground and rebuild at least once, in some way or another.

But taking marienburg is hard, since they have all sorts of deals with other factions, particularly bretonnia. Hey like to play the empire and bretonnia against each other, since both of them want marienburg, but they couldn't stand to see the other claim it
>>
>>50874789
>>50875425

There should have been two guards on duty; however, the gate lay barred but unguarded. Vaclav wasn't surprised. He kept his armsmen well disciplined, but they knew he wasn't the sort to bring a man to task for not wanting to spend Ulric's feast freezing his nethers off on gate duty, on a night when no one would be out there anyway. Maybe Vaclav was too kind for his own good sometimes, but when the time came to ride out in defence his lands they knew not to fail him - and they didn't. He had their respect, and they never shirked their duty in combat.

Not wanting to waste time, Vaclav headed straight for the small door inset in the main gate and threw back the heavy bolts. As he stepped through, out of the shadow of the walls, he was struck by how bright the silver moonlight was, reflected off the snow. Then he saw the man - an old man, with straggly grey hair, bushy beard and a lined face. He was within a hundred yards of the gate, but he had fallen again, and was struggling weakly to carry on. Vaclav heard Rolf gasp behind him, and exclaim softly:

'Old Johann!'

- Hither, page, and stand by me, if thou know'st it, telling,
- Stricken peasant, who is he? Where and what his dwelling?

'Get over here boy.' said Vaclav urgently. 'You know this man?' Rolf nodded. 'Who is he? Where does he live?' Without waiting for an answer he hurried on towards the struggling man, stomping through the snow, and Rolf ran to catch up.

- Lord, he lives a good league hence, underneath the mountain;
- Right against the forest fence, by Saint Helga's fountain.

'His name's Johann, m'lord. He lives with his son's family, over towards the mountains in a cottage by Saint Helga's spring. I used to play with his grandson, before... before I entered your service m'lord.' Rolf barely kept his voice from wavering there, but Vaclav couldn't be gentle with him now.

'How far away is it?'
>>
>>50880325

'It's a league away as the crow flies, sir, but it lies right up against the trees, so it's double the distance unless you want to cut through the forest.'

No sane man would want to cut through the forest by himself, even on a light summer's day, let alone on a night in the dead of winter. But it looked like Old Johann had done so anyway. As Vaclav came to kneel by the fallen man, he saw the cuts and scrapes made by running through branches and bushes in the dark. He hauled the old man to his feet, but he was practically dead weight, and scarcely conscious. He was mumbling something, but Vaclav couldn't make out what. Throwing the old man's arm over his shoulder, Vaclav started dragging him back towards the gate. Rolf, to his credit, took the other arm, though he was too short to make much of a difference.

They got Old Johann back through the gate, and Vaclav bolted the door securely once again. Then he went over to the gatehouse and hammered on the door.

'OPEN UP!' he hollered, hoping to make himself heard over the sounds of revelry coming from within. 'Open up, damn you! Am I the lord of this castle or just the gatekeeper?' He hammered again with his fist. The door opened a crack and a flushed face peered blearily out. The guard's eyes widened almost comically as he saw who was pounding on the door.

'Lord von Böhmen!' he squeaked. And then added more loudly, 'An honour to see you this night, /my lord/.' emphasising the last bit for the benefit of the assembled company behind him. Vaclav rolled his eyes and snapped,
>>
>>50880338

'Oh get out of the way, man.' He shoved the door open so hard that it hit the wall, and stepped inside. Around the room men were frozen as if standing for a painting, beer dripping from mugs raised mid-quaff. Grizzled veterans all, they looked like boys caught stealing from the pantry, and for a moment Vaclav had the manic urge to burst into laughter. Instead he said sternly, 'There's a man out here half-dead from cold. Get out here and help me carry him inside.'

His armsmen stumbled to obey, tripping over stools and elbowing past each other to get out of the gatehouse. They were brought up short when they saw the old man lying against the wall, Rolf kneeling by his side.

'Don't just stand there, help him.' said Vaclav sharply, going to Old Johann's side and taking his arm again. The rapidly sobering guards followed his example, and with several men helping calmly and efficiently it was only a moment before the old man was seated by the fireplace in the guardhouse with a blanket over him. 'Quickly, get me brandy.' Vaclav ordered, and no sooner had he said it than a flask appeared in his hand. He held it to the old man's lips. 'Drink, drink.' he whispered soothingly, and although much of it went down his chin Old Johann managed to swallow some of it. Vaclav gripped the exhausted man by the shoulder, and said steadily: 'Tell me what you've seen this night, grandfather. Tell me what drove you out into the snows.'

For a moment only inaudible whispers passed the old man's lips, and his half-closed eyes fluttered. Then he found the strength for force out a single word:

'Beastmen.' There was an audible intake of breath from the room.

'They came to your homestead?'

'The cottage... on fire...'
>>
>>50880351

'How many - how many of them were there?' Vaclav insisted, but the old man was slipping, falling back into half coherent mumbling. 'Vodka.' Vaclav ordered the men behind him. 'Bring me some vodka.' A half empty bottle was pressed into his hand, and he held it up for the old man to drink. Again, as much of it ended up in his beard as went down his throat. The old man seemed to calm, and for a moment there was silence.

Then Johann's eyes flew open, he sat bolt upright, and grabbed Vaclav by the collar and looked him dead on in the eyes.

'They ATE the children!' he roared hoarsely. 'While they were still alive!' White knuckled, he clutched at Vaclav's embroidered dress-coat. Then he subsided, tears running down his cheeks.

'Hush.' said Vaclav softly, gently prising the old man's hand's off him. 'Hush now.' He searched his mind for words of comfort, but none were forthcoming.

'I watched, I watched.' the old man blubbered. 'I just stood there and watched. There were so many, I couldn't... ' he trailed off. 'The screaming... the screaming...' For a moment he lay still, and Vaclav thought he had slipped into unconsciousness. Then Johann muttered, so quietly that only Vaclav could hear: 'I have to warn the castle... I have to warn them.' Vaclav leaned closer and just caught the next words, 'I can't go on - you have to tell his lordship... promise me you'll tell him. Promise me...'

'Don't worry.' whispered Vaclav. 'I'll tell him. Your family will be avenged, I promise you.'

Old Johann at last slipped into sleep. It was a miracle that a man his age had made it through the winter-smothered woods, and it had clearly taken Old Johann all his strength to run the distance to the castle. His breathing was shallow, his heartbeat feeble - but the men of these lands were hardy. Seated here by the fire, he might even see the morning.

I'll be back later to do some more
>>
>>50874531
Papa Nurgle comes to town.
>>
>>50878560
Not that guy but do you have a pdf? The resources up top don't seem to have it.
>>
>>50878666
I understand why Bretonnia wouldn't let the Empire have Marienburg, but why would the Elves care? I get that it's useful for the trading city to exist but surely they could easily use it under the Empire as well?
>>
>>50880531
If you know a site where I can upload it without creating an account first, yes.
>>
File: house_candleholder.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
house_candleholder.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>50877859
if you're looking for urban terrain, you might want to keep an eye out for house-shaped candle holders. They're often about the right size and they're designed so you can put tea-lights in them (which are about the same size as a typical model base). It'd probably be a bit expensive to make a whole city out of them, but you might find some that are on sale. It's just an easy way to get good looking terrain, especially if you're not that good with the whole arts and crafts thing.
>>
>>50880375
anyone give a shit about reading more of this?
>>
>>50882230
ye
>>
>>50880538
No one really knows, because the elves aren't saying. They did negotiate very favorable terms to have their expats live and own land in Marienburg, however.
>>
>>50882230
mhm
>>
>>50880375

Other men wouldn't: Vaclav knew what he had to do now, though he didn't relish the prospect. It was as he'd feared: a warparty of beastmen - twisted mutants tainted by Chaos, that had the shapes of animals but walked on two legs like men - were in the area. Normally they wouldn't come within a day's ride of the castle, fearful of the lances of the Margrave and his knights. But winter was pushing everyone hard - there had to be very little game now left in the deep forests. Vaclav's father had warned him about this, long ago; he'd told Vaclav as a boy that in the cruellest winters, the ones that came only once every few decades, all manner of foul things were forced out of the forests in search of food. And when the warpspawn came, there was only one thing to do: hunt them down and kill them quickly. Before they got a taste for man-flesh.

Though his duty lay heavy on his shoulders, he rose, and turned to his soldiers.

'You all heard that.' he said grimly. Every eye in the room was fixed on him. 'The beastmen are here, come to despoil our lands and butcher children in their sleep - SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL STANDING THERE FOR? TO ARMS!' He'd scarcely finished his sentence before the men, broken from their morbid trance, exploded into activity, shoving aside tables, breaking open weapon lockers, grabbing helmets and breastplates discarded during the feast. At first it looked like an ill-disciplined scramble, but soon it took on a methodical rhythm as they settled into a routine all too familiar to them - preparation for battle.

Vaclav beckoned to Rolf, who was still standing there staring at Old Johann. The boy blinked away tears and went to his master's side.

'You know the cottage? How many lived there?' Vaclav asked gently.
>>
>>50883355

'Umm... there's Old Johann, his son Otto, and Otto's wife Ludmilla.' Rolf recounted calmly. He kept his voice from wavering, but his face was pale as ice. 'And five children - Hans, who's my age, his little sisters Lisbet, Mathilda and Olga, and little baby Dieter. But on Ulric's Night Otto's brothers would have been there, Gottfried and Hermann. They're in the militia over in Bernsdorf, but they come to see their father on feast days.'

'And the cottage had strong walls?'

'Yes sir, of stone. And a door with iron bars.' Rolf said. Vaclav hadn't expected anything less - no one would build their home so close to the forest without making it proof against the common dangers that might slink their way out from between the trees one night. Three strong men, in a place they could easily defend, and they would have been well armed with weapons they knew how to use as every man in these lands was. Yet from the sound of it they had been slaughtered with ease. It was not a scavenging, half starved pack of Brays that did this. He should have asked the old man how he'd escaped - maybe he'd been out gathering firewood, and come back to find his home ablaze.

'You're a good lad, Rolf. I'm sorry for your friends. Now, run and fetch my wargear. I may not be able to help those poor souls now, but gods willing they'll be the last to fall to the chaos-bred filth.' Rolf nodded, and hurried out of the guardroom, dodging between the clanking, cursing soldiers trying to pull their armour on.

Vaclav paused for a moment, then he too went to the door. He needed to clear his head. The air in the courtyard was so cold his breath billowed out in nebulous silver clouds. Then a booming voice echoed across the courtyard.

'Vaclav! There you are.'
>>
>>50883369

His guests. He'd completely forgotten about them. Out of the keep came Sir Boris von Bauerhof, bottle of wine in his hand, stomping down the icy steps and barely keeping his balance. His bear-like mass and ruddy, round face would have seen him pass for a Kislevite Boyar in most of the Empire, yet instead of the drooping moustache of the steppes, he kept his trimmed into the bushy bars one found in Middenland or Talabecland. Like Vaclav's realm - and Vaclav himself - a strong dose of Kislevite in him, but Imperial where it counted. Old Boris was of an age to have ridden alongside Vaclav's father, but he was hadn't let the passing years slow him down, or keep him from riding out with the present Margrave to defend his lands. He'd earned the right to dispense with titles long ago.

'Come on, Vaclav, it's colder than Morr's cock out here.' Behind Boris, a few others a little less able to hold their drink were shuffling carefully through the keep's door. 'We were about to watch Ludwig sing the Reiklandlied while balancing a full stein of beer on his head. Come on back inside where there's a fire and a feast, like a good Margrave.'

Just then one of Vaclav's armsmen - the sergeant-at-arms, Pavel Ivanovitch - came out of the gatehouse. He stopped short when he saw the rapidly growing congregation of nobles. He reacted by saluting, on the grounds that it was rarely out of place, then said to Vaclav. 'We'll be ready in a moment m'lord.'

'Oh, I see - found a better party, have you?' Boris chortled. 'Gods know, I'd be the first to admit that the footsoldiers generally know how to have a good time better than their leaders. And here was I thinking /we/ were leaving /you/ out of all the fun.' He downed another mouthful from his wine bottle.

Vaclav shook his head sadly.
>>
>>50883381

'I wish that were true, I really do.' he said, almost to himself, although Boris was close enough to hear; his eyes focused, quickly attentive despite the wine. Then Vaclav raised his voice so that the whole courtyard could hear. 'My lords, honoured guests, I apologise for not being a very good host this evening, but grave news has come to my gates. There are beastmen on our lands. They have already attacked a homestead not a league from here, and slaughtered an entire family.'

From the assembled crowd of revellers, who were barely starting to sober up to what was going on, Sir Manfred-Karl von Schwarzfeld hurried forwards, quickly appearing at Vaclav's side. He was a man in the prime of life, just over thirty years of age, with a square jaw covered by a close-cut blond beard, and severe, cold grey eyes. Sensible and level headed, and unmatched on horseback, he had emerged as more or less the first among equals in Vaclav's small collection of knights, and had been responsible for leading many of the expeditions against the greenskin raiders that had troubled the land the previous year. He whispered urgently now to Vaclav;

'I know that tone of voice. Tell me you're not planning to go out after them, my lord - not tonight'

'Are you saying that I should just leave those twisted creatures free to slaughter the people I'm supposed to protect?'

'It's dark, the ground is thick with snow, and you have only a handful of men.' said von Schwarzfeld reasonably. 'And what men you do have are hardly sober enough to stand upright.'

'You forgot to mention that we'd have to go through the forest if we wanted to stand a chance of catching up to them.' said Vaclav.
>>
>>50883387

'At least wait for daylight, or reinforcements.' he said exasperatedly; he knew this was an argument he'd lost even before it started, but his dedicated professionalism made him say it anyway. 'You could have another fifty men here by the morning.' Vaclav usually kept almost a hundred armsmen garrisoned in the castle. A large force to keep permanently mobilised for a fief this size, but unlike lords in the Empire's safer interior provinces, who could afford to spend their money on fancy manor houses and Tilean luxuries, he needed every man he could get. However, as always some were out on patrol, and the rest he had allowed to go home to their families in the surrounding villages for Ulric's feast. There were less than twenty men in the castle itself at the moment, not including the guests.

'It would take too long. You know as well as I do that if we wait for morning the beastmen will be long gone.' Vaclav pointed out. At that moment Boris joined the conversation.

'Let me guess: he's telling you it'd be suicide to go out chasing beastmen on a night like this.' he said, looking at the stone-faced von Schwarzfeld. Manfred was about to reply, when Boris added, somewhat gruffly as if he didn't like to admit it, 'He probably has a point.' His fellow knight looked surprised - the two of them rarely saw eye to eye on tactical matters. But Boris, though often impetuous, was no fool, Vaclav knew. He could see as well as anyone the folly of fighting beastmen without the advantages of daylight, numbers, and most importantly open ground. The best way to kill a beastman was at the end of a very long lance driven home by the full weight of a charging horse - but there was no way they would get their horses through the snow, not that they could use them in amongst the trees anyway.
>>
>>50883402

'I'm not saying he doesn't.' Vaclav admitted, 'But if we let them go now they'll disappear back into the trees. That'll leave us two choices: go into the deep forests after them, which is just as dangerous if not moreso. Or wait, and hope that when they come back to butcher the next family they pick a more convenient time. Which is no choice at all.'

Boris grinned, and clapped him on the shoulder.

'When you're right you're right. Let it never be said that a von Bauerhof wouldn't ride out against the enemies of the Empire just because of the prospect of certain death.'

'Nor a von Schwarzfeld.' Manfred sighed, resigned. Yet all the same there was a glint of steel in his eye, an eagerness; the man was a born fighter, too much so to regret the chance for battle even if he thought it a bad idea.

'While I appreciate your commitment, we're not dead yet.' said Vaclav grimly. 'We have some of the best warriors in the empire here tonight' - and that wasn't an exaggeration, for out here a soldier could pick up more combat experience in a year than he'd see in an entire career in more peaceful parts of the Empire - 'and the beastmen don't know we're coming. I don't intend to just throw our lives away.' Always project confidence if you want to lead well, Vaclav's father had told him. Which was why he didn't say out loud the thing that immediately crossed his mind: when the evening started, I didn't intend to go out hunting beastmen.

At that moment one of the guests, who'd evidently been more concerned about the feast than the absent host, half-fell out of the door of the keep. He picked himself up and sidled over to the back of the murmuring crowd as inconspicuously as he could.

'What's going on? What have I missed.' Another of the guests began to fill him in. 'What - beastmen? What you mean?'

Boris chuckled, and shouted over his shoulder: 'He means the party's over, Ludwig.'

I'll be back for more later
>>
File: sith.jpg (225KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sith.jpg
225KB, 1066x1600px
Whoever asked a ways back for broofs that vampires and Chaos innately hate each other, you need page 13 of Night's Dark Masters.
>>
>>50869568
Remember norscan dwarfs. Norther Dwarfs ahould be distinct from Mountain Dwarfs, Expaf Dwarfs, and Chaos Dwarfs, but there's next to no information on them at all, how they relate to other norscans, or how they relate to their Mountain and Chaos cousins.
>>
What system does /wfg/ recommend for a tabletop RPG using the fantasy setting? I have the FFG book but the rules feel do damn awkward, which is strange because I loved their Star Wars series.
>>
>>50883965
Are you expecting any other answer than WFRP 1st or 2nd Edition?
>>
>>50874531
High Elves, they have an actual flying chariot.
>>
>>50883977
Is it so wrong to hope I might have?
>>
File: Roger_Reyne.jpg (58KB, 736x978px) Image search: [Google]
Roger_Reyne.jpg
58KB, 736x978px
>>50884006
There's Zweihander, but that's still in development.

New question, guys. If you don't like the 'canon' truth behind the Grail cult and the Lady of the Lake, what truth do you substitute in your own personal head canon?
>>
>>50884138
I'm fine with it personally. I never played Bretts but I don't see how the canon version is so bad. Yeah you could say they were being manipulated to protect the wood elves but it's not like they were getting nothing out of it.
>>
>>50884138
>New question, guys. If you don't like the 'canon' truth behind the Grail cult and the Lady of the Lake, what truth do you substitute in your own personal head canon?
The Lady of the Lake is actually Slaanesh
>>
>>50884242
That makes no sense to me personally, but you do you.
>>
>>50884282
I do what?
>>
>>50884138
I just go with one of the pre ET rumors that the Lady was Isha, or perhaps a mishmash of traits from Myrmidia and Shallya that became its own diety. I'd even accept just a vague nature spirit, or the unfounded Lovecraft rumors, over the current lore.
>>
>>50884138
Fine with the current version. Also, the "brets are just there to protect the wood elves" meme needs to die, that's not what they were being manipulated by lileath for.
>>
>>50883965
WFRP2. I like Star Wars too, but it's about high adventure in the Star Wars setting, and WFRP3 was the precursor to the system.

It's two completwly different things. Not only is WFRP3 shit to play because it's basically a beta, but it's got a completely alien tone to what Warhammer Fantasy is at it's most basic level. This translates badly across systems, as evidenced by the increasingly fantastical tone of the WH40kRP games, that kept the basic WFRP system (a legacy of Dark Heresy, originally conceptualized by Black Industries, the makers of WFRP2).

WFRP2. Stick to it. It's amazing and not half as dated as I thought it would be, and the career system is amazing. I love it more for every day, but it confused the hell out of me before I started playing.
>>
>>50884138
I don't mind the truth of it, I judt hate that they blurted it out and confirmed it. It's just awful and ridiculous, shitty exposition.
>>
>>50884138
I thin Zweihänder looks interesting, but divorcing fluff from mechanics is a bad idea, especially for anything Warhammer. So I'll probably never play it.
>>
>>50884292
Isha, Shallya and Valaya are pretty much the same anyway. The second they conceived of The Lady, she started constituting her own growing deity, anyway, so on a metaphysical level, the distinction is pretty much moot; it's a manifestation of pretty much the same influences within the warp.

But yeah, if it wasn't there to begin with, there's definitely some Myrmidia there now.
>>
>>50884412
>that's not what they were being manipulated by lileath for

Elaborate
>>
What is known of norscan/northern dwarfs?
>>
>>50884545
It's about protecting the forest and maintaining balance in the world. Basically, if the elves are to be trusted (yeah, right!), if Athel Loren falls, the world is ultra-fucked as the winds are interrupted.

Only elfaboos actually believe in this.
>>
>>50884290
Yourself.

He's basically telling you to go fuck yourself.
>>
So did GW completely drop all support for Warhammer Fantasy or just put it on the back burner? I had been interested in it for a bit but looking at AoS i have absolutely no interest in that.
>>
>>50884578
What's a good reason to not believe this?
Except that an elf is saying it
>>
>>50884589
He's saying go do your own thing, he'll do his and there will be little to no problems.
>>
>>50884556
Old WFRP 1e lore had them living at least partially above ground in fortresses that were as much wood (!) as they were stone. They once traded with the Norse heavily, but that dropped off to nothing as the Chaos gods took a bigger and bigger role in their culture. In Gotrek & Felix, the pair visit the last dwarf hold in the Chaos Wastes, which has been besieged for aeons and is on the verge of collapse when they get there. It is a typical dwarfen citadel, built into a mountain and bordering on impenetrable. Ultimately, the return of a powerful Bloodthirster allows the Chaos forces to make their last assault, but a combination of Gotrek wielding Grimnir's axe and Felix calling on the dwarf ancestor gods, getting an answer (!), and throwing a divine relic thunder hammer at the daemon sees him back off.

The survivors are extracted by airship and brought back to the World's Edge Mountains, and the fortress is abandoned.
>>
>>50884634
This.
>>
File: tmp_464-2e1-1196076448.png (79KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_464-2e1-1196076448.png
79KB, 426x382px
>>50884628
>Except that an elf is saying it
Do we need anything else?
>>
>>50884634
I don't think so.

>>50884714
That's extremely helpful, thanks. Doesn't give much info on the dorfs that supposedly live with and intermingle with other norscans, though.
>>
>>50885042
Yes, I'm interested in some good lore discussion, not memes.
>>
>>50883417

'No. Not over.' said Vaclav thoughtfully, more or less to himself. Though he was standing in the courtyard, his mind was in the castle chapel he had visited that morning, staring up at the carven image of Ulric in its alcove: holding his great, two-handed axe aloft, ready to strike down upon his foes. An old god, from before the time when Sigmar brought his light to the tribes of men, when humanity needed a protector who could match the savagery of the darkness with a savagery of his own. Ulric's night was not over yet, thought Vaclav, and he said, louder now. 'Not over at all. We're just moving to a different venue.'

He raised his voice, called out across the courtyard for all to hear: 'This is Ulric's night!' Every eye fixed on him and a hush fell over the courtyard; Vaclav didn't break his stride, and his voice rang out: 'I honour the Wolf God better with a sword in my hand than I ever could with mead and meat. And I would be honoured if you would ride out with me, my lords, my guests. Swords in the night, against the enemies of man, our own strength keeping back the darkness as Ulric himself taught us.' He raised his closed fist into the air. 'For Ulric!'

'For Ulric!' came the response, almost as a single voice, and a phalanx of fists rose as one.

'For Sigmar!'

'For Sigmar!' they replied, louder - fiercer.

'For the Empire!'

'FOR THE EMPIRE!'
>>
>>50885224

The force of the noise, echoing of the stone castle walls in the silent night, was almost physical. Vaclav felt something rising in him - he felt somehow younger, stronger. And then he realised: he wasn't afraid any more. Worry and care had haunted his footsteps for months as he watched his land sink ever deeper into night, yet they were now banished like frost before the midday sun. His problems were still there, but he no longer carried them on his shoulders like a sack of lead. His duty was heavy, but it wasn't a burden he had to bear alone. For too long he had thought his role was to stand /between/ his people and the encroaching death. Now he realised that it was something that they could only fight together, and that leading them did not mean fighting for them by himself.

He saw Rolf standing there at the top of the steps to the keep, with his armour, child-sized fist raised with the others.

The moment passed, and suddenly the courtyard was a bustle of activity, as the crowd hurried to find their arms. Some would be too old to fight - though Boris was adamant that he wasn't counted among that number yet. A few were no warriors, owing their invitation to their position as the Burgermeisters of their town, more accustomed to the ledger book than the battlefield.

But although what remained were few, they were some of the finest knights in the Empire, in equipment, training and experience. What Reikland nobles spent on Bretonnian wines, and Middenlanders spent on jousting plate, these knights would spend on reliable pistols from Nuln and Dwarven steel that could shrug of an ork axe. Most of them carried at least some of their arms with them, even when attending a party. The ones that didn't were hastily searching for spares, ransacking the gatehouse for every leftover greave and greatsword.
>>
>>50885239

Rolf ran to him, and began fitting Vaclav with his armor. Vaclav relaxed as they went through the familiar routine, his mind wandering, running over tactics, stratagems, anything he could use to give them an edge in the coming fight. There must be some way to get an advantage over the beastmen, give them a better chance. It took until Rolf was tying the chords on his breastplate that Vaclav noticed the boy was wearing a shortsword at his side. He touched him gently on the shoulder,

'I see you're ready to defend the castle while I'm gone. Good lad.' Vaclav said, hoping the boy would take the way out he was offering.

'But my lord, I am your squire, I should be at your side.' said Rolf earnestly. Technically he was Vaclav's squire, although he was also a pageboy, stableboy, cook's boy, and more besides; the civilian part of Vaclac's household was always short-staffed. Still, Vaclav had even seen to it that he was trained in weapons by some of the knights, when they had the time spare. But he'd never actually thought about taking the boy out into battle.

'No, Rolf. No.' said Vaclav as firmly as he could, though it pained him to deny the boy. 'I know why you'd wish to, but no.' Rolf's father Sigfried, one of Vaclav's bravest knights, had ridden out against a beastmen raiding party some three years back. The beastmen had been destroyed, down to the last foul brute. But Rolf's father hadn't ridden back. It had touched everyone in the small fiefdom, for the young Sigfried and his wife Katrina had lived the kind of chivalrous romance that bards sing so readily about and the world sees so rarely. The dashing, handsome knight and his lady love, loyal to the end. Too loyal; Katrina was heartbroken unto death. In her grief she wasted away, until not two months later she lay in the earth beside her husband. Thus Rolf had come into Vaclav's service.
>>
>>50885276

He had his mother's look to him - the blond hair, the clear blue eyes. But in the set of his jaw, in the way that he looked at Vaclav now, he had the bearing of his father; determined to do his duty come what may.

'Don't you need every sword you can get? I know how to fight. I know to die if necessary.' It should have sounded ridiculous coming from a boy, but there was cold determination in his voice. 'I can't just wait here for you.' he added desperately. As he had waited for his father. As he had waited on the news that would kill his mother. Vaclav had half a mind to give in. He had just glimpsed a steel-hard core within Rolf that the boy had never shown before - the place where he carried his parents with him, always. Vaclav could practically see the need for vengeance burning cold within him. When hate ran hot, it was a danger to whoever carried it and anyone along side him. But Vaclav had seen this kind of hard fury many times before, and he knew that it could be a powerful weapon. Not one he would have ever chosen to put in the hands of a child, though.

But Rolf was twelve now, starting to edge towards manhood. Vaclav realised that sooner than he'd thought, the day would come when Rolf would take his father's place among the ranks of the fiefdom's knights. He would have to have a taste of battle sometime, every boy did, at least in these lands. And Vaclav really did need every sword he could get.
>>
>>50885108
No, but seriously, there's no reason to dismiss it other than healthy skepticism and the fact that it's a myth engineered by the elves to suit their purposes.
>>
>>50885288

Vaclav noticed, however, that for all his determination, Rolf was looking a little queasy. To be expected, really - then he realised the boy was looking over Vaclavs shoulder. Behind them the armsmen had finished preparing and were lined up for inspection by Sergeant Pavel. One of the soldiers - the one Rolf was staring at - was still surreptitiously gnawing on a chicken leg from the feast. It took Vaclav a moment to realise that Rolf was no doubt thinking of the fate of the poor children from the cottage. Then something in Vaclav's mind clicked into place.

Sergeant Pavel was shouting himself purple at the soldier with the chicken leg.

'We're about to go into battle and you're still thinking about your stomach. In case you haven't noticed we've got more important things to worry about right now than filling your... ', but Vaclav interrupted.

'No. The feast of Ulric isn't over yet. Bring that with you. In fact, bring it all. Bag up all the food and bring it with us.'

- Bring me flesh and bring me wine, for beastmen are abroad
- We shall see the monsters dine, served their just reward.

'M'Lord?' Pavel looked confused. While the Sergeant was turned towards Vaclav, the solider with the chicken leg - private Jensen, if memory served - quickly tossed the bone to one side out of sight. A smile tugged at the corner of Vaclav's mouth, but he didn't let it show. Instead he barked at Jensen.

'You there, pick that up. We're going to bring it all - everything we can carry.' He turned to Pavel. 'The beastmen are hungry - let's bring them something to eat.'

Vaclav just hoped he was only talking about the food.

If anyone's still reading I'll be back with more later
>>
>>50885326
Skepticism is good, but I also don't see any argument against it.
>and the fact
I don't see any facts.
>that it's a myth
See above.

It would be helpful if you could point me at some book with someone arguing against it, so I can see their reasoning.
>>
>>50884458
>It's just awful and ridiculous, shitty exposition.

Welcome to modern GW games.
>>
>>50884006
You should expect a lot of cries of WFRP2 silly if you don't specify you've already looked at it.

Riddle of Steel might be a fun one to try.

Or something simple with d6 or d20's
>>
>>50885096
Sorry, there's not much info on their relations in Stone & Steel, which is where I get the first bit from.

I imagine the dwarfs are VERY exacting when dealing with Norscans, though. They abhor mutants and adherents of the Ruinous Powers. Probably it takes very cunning Norscans, very desperate dwarfs, or the very pure Norscans for there to be many relations in 'modern' times.
>>
>>50883965
Mythras/Runequest is a better system for WFRP than 2 or 1E is rules wise.
>>
>>50884578
Makes more sense than a Warp Gate buried beneath the Empire.

That's a reused plot from the capital of Bretonnia.
>>
>>50884624
Know how comicbooks reboot and make a bunch of arbitrary changes, getting worse but reusing all the same stuff?

That's what AoS is. They killed the Fantasy setting, created a new setting after a hypercrisis event, but it reuses a lot of characters and all the models they didn't stop making.
>>
Some Kickstarter is making anthro miniatures. Might be good for you lot that like non-evil Skaven.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/burrows-and-badgers-new-blood-anthro-animal-miniat
>>
File: Dwarf_Warrior.png (706KB, 470x694px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_Warrior.png
706KB, 470x694px
>>50869392

Can we please have a more interesting image than this next time? Nothing gets me quite as excited as a wall of text does on an image board.
>>
Do Dwarfs and Halflings get along?
Are there any instances of them doing anything together?
>>
Is there any collection of in-setting songs or snippets there from? I know they appear across a lot of WFRP 2e sourcebooks, but they're never indexed and the pdfs are rarely text-searchable with any reliability. I'm making an NPC from Brionne and among his other somewhat tiresome quirks are his attempts to cheer his 'boon companions' with song.
>>
>>50886310
No.
>>
>>50886125
Didn't they completely change the gameplay though.
>>
>>50886551
Yes.

Then when most people hated it, they changed it halfway back. Right now its just a super simplified version of Fantasy, like a demo game.

People still really hate the new story though.
>>
>>50886784
What did they do to change it halfway back? How does the new gameplay compare to fantasy?
>>
>>50886435
There are names of songs if that's any help.

These titles appear in the book Drachenfels (sadly without any lyrics attached): 'The Miller of Middenheim', 'Myrmidia's Doleful Lads', 'Gilead the elf king', 'The lament of Karak Varn', 'The Goatherd of Appuccini', 'Come ye home to Bilbali, Estalian Mariner', 'The Reik is Wide', 'A bandit bold', 'Hunt the Manticore', 'The Pirate Prince of Sartosa'.

You could probably throw together a few lyrics of your own based of these. If you're looking for music to set them to, I'd suggest something along the lines of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaRNvJLKP1E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPDCsi1mbhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTHzY_TYMMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BakWVXHSug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZbzKN4S78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wAH0SEtgdI

you could probably steal most of the lyrics as well with the LotR ones.

The warhammer fantasy 5th edition rulebook starts every chapter with an excerpt from the 'Saga of Sigmar'. It's a couple of hundred lines long so I really can't be bothered to write it out for you, but if you can find a pdf it might be useful.

And of course, if I get around to finishing >>50885335 then there'll be a warhammer fantasy version of Good King Wenceslas
>>
>>50886106
Elaborate.
>>
>>50886836
When AoS first came out, there was no limits on the game at all. No points to use to build an army, and no faction restrictions. You could take 10 Nagash and call it an army, you could field all the characters from every faction and call it an army. There was absolutely NO balance. The rules were gutted to the point that the core rulebook was only four pages long in a large font. Stats and abilities for every single model were simplified to a ridiculous degree. Round bases so its a skirmish game, meaning no complex formation movement.

Battles were pretty much "put everything on the table, make a beeline for the center". Instead of trying for a balanced competitive game, they recommended just playing scenarios based on their storyline where one side obviously wins or are just built out of the starter set. It was insulting to old players by giving old models joke rules and making new ones OP.

It was a fucking mess. Reviews were generally that it was shit, with the only people praising it being the ones saying "Its the perfect game to not give a fuck about and learn in 5 minutes".

So GW kneejerked and made a "General's Compenium" which added points and expanded the game. Now its just a skirmish version of Warhammer Fantasy with about half the rules. But since the new models have been met with disapproval from old players and the lore is an absolute clusterfuck that few like and very few prefer, the game is shit.

But...GW put all of their eggs into that basket, even going so far as to commission a statue of an AoS soldier and replacing their Warhammer 40k statue in front of their headquarters with it. So they can't abandon it and go back to Fantasy, but since they released a new starter set that was just a repackaging of the last Warhammer Fantasy starter set and included both round and square bases, they may be about to resurrect Fantasy and support both.
>>
>>50886310
Sorry, I'm on a tablet over Christmas and there's a reason the thread has the name it does. If I'm the one to start the next thread, I have something else, though.
>>
>>50886957
Although by "support Fantasy" I mean they will probably just include square bases in all the models they sell. That's why there's so much resistance to GW right now from the fanbase, they chucked all of what we loved in the bin after lighting it on fire then threw a new mess on the table with all the old parts badly mixed in and said "this is your game now and this is the only game there is".
After GW changed leadership they may have realized that they can have both on the same table since both use the same parts, and not have us all jumping on every third party bandwagon there is out of spite.
>>
File: e9e671ab61f48bfce69102fedf945b8e.jpg (268KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
e9e671ab61f48bfce69102fedf945b8e.jpg
268KB, 700x1000px
>>50869392
I've been reading up on Warhammer Fantasy RP and I found the system to be very interesting... I like the fact that magic is powerful but, as with psykers, it can fuck you over really badly if you cast spells recklessly often.

I like the insanity score a lot, too... but I was wondering. I wanted to play in a Corruption of Champions kind of setting: has anyone ever thought of converting insanity points into corruption points instead?

I think I might want to alter the minor, major and catastrophic chaos manifestations too, if I want to play in a borderlewd game... ideas?
>>
>>50885430
I thought I made my tongue-in-cheek clear, but I see it was blocked by your Field of Autism +5. Really, there's no solid argumenrs against it, other than that we only have the elves word's for it. Most don't even know it's a thing, so don't expect anything else.

That said, you're an idiot if you take what the elves tell you at face value, which is what gives us leeway in interpretation of things in this case.
>>
>>50886998
Dark Heresy uses Corruption Points to determine a lot of things. You might want to take a look at that. In a full WFRP2 revision, that's one of the things I'd consider lifting straight in, more or less.
>>
>>50887022
>I thought I made my tongue-in-cheek clear
At some point you just sound like an idiot. Especially on 4chan, where "I was just pretending to be retarded" is an easy cop-out.
>>
>>50886929
End Times centered on the fact that the Old Ones buried a Warp Gate for no reason underneath Middenheim that nobody discovered before the Warriors Of Chaos dug it up and activated it.

Wood Elves managed to put together a network made out of all the forest spirits of the world that was like the Vortex which kept Chaos from actually destroying the world, with only a third Warp Gate being able to overwhelm it. This is because the two Warp Gates had a built-in failsafe. If they ever collapsed, one would cancel out the other so they would always remain a portal and never draw the world into the Warp, with the Vortex the High Elves and the Weave of the Wood Elves keeping Chaos from expanding those Warp Gates.

So for some random fucking reason the Old Ones built a third Warp Gate that would shatter reality and buried it in one of the places where they planted humanity, a failed project designed to kill Chaos. When Archaon activated the third Gate it blew the safeguards on the other two, drawing the Warhammer World into the Warp where Chaos tore it all apart and killed everyone that GW doesn't still want to sell a model of.

Basically if this complete fucking write-in McGuffin for Chaos that makes no sense in any way didn't exist, it would be impossible for Chaos to ever take over the world and win the setting.
>>
File: 321987654.png (876KB, 617x596px) Image search: [Google]
321987654.png
876KB, 617x596px
>>50887066
This one is the correct Warhammer FRP book, right?

It's the latest one that they released, right?
>>
>>50887133
I wasn't pretending to be retarded, though. I made an obvious joke relating to you being anal and taking my comment to seriously, and I reiterated my point that no, there's really nothing other than the elves not being trustworthy.

But at this point, it's clear that the confusion was on my part, not yours, and that you are, in fact, simply a fucking autist. I shoudl've picked up on that sooner.
>>
>>50887239
Yes
>>
>>50887239
Not the latest, but the only one you want. 3rd Ed., was an abortion.
>>
File: 126546305.png (156KB, 576x540px) Image search: [Google]
126546305.png
156KB, 576x540px
>>50887258
>>50887267
Gotcha: I guess I just got to find some better fitting lewd consequences for magic/divine mishaps and come up with more ideas for what I have in mind.
>>
File: 1482021036995.gif (1MB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1482021036995.gif
1MB, 500x265px
>>50887246
I got that it was a joke, so I investigated further on how long you will ride it into the ground and then you still pretended that it's a "fact" that it's a "myth" instead of just saying that we don't know and that there are no sources for any of it. Yes, it was your fault, you could have ended it sooner.

Basically I was just pretending to be autistic
Thanks for playing along
>>
>>50886998
>I wanted to play in a Corruption of Champions kind of setting: has anyone ever thought of converting insanity points into corruption points instead?

You could use the in-built mutation system for that, though you'll probably need lewd ones to replace such winning entries as Flaming Skull Head.
>>
>>50886957
Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like they really dropped the ball.
>>
>>50887502
End Times was just shit. They wanted to sell super expensive books that killed the setting.

Everyone thought it was Storm Of Chaos 2.0 where nothing really ends and we go back to status quo, like any other event that's just a fun little thing for the community.

Instead they rammed every single plot into a brick wall at top speed and gushed on and on about how great Archaon is every chance they got.
>>
>>50887538
TEH GODS ARE REAL AND ARE EDGY FCUKS!!
>>
>>50887584
>SIGMAR COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY ARCHAON IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE
>THIS MADE ARCHAON'S HEART BURN SO BLACK WITH HATE IT BURNED THE SOULS OF EVERYTHING AROUND HIM BLACK
>DAEMONS KILLED THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYONE
>SIGMAR TRIED TO REASON WITH ARCHAON
>THIS MADE ARCHAON HATE HIM MORE THAN HATE CAN EXIST
>DAEMONS STRONK
>SIGMAR ATTACKED ARCHAON, THEIR HATRED BURNED SO BRIGHT THAT IT DESTROYED EVERYTHING AROUND THEM INCLUDING ALL THE DAEMONS
>SIGMAR AND ARCHAON FOUGHT MORE, CAUSING A HATEGASM THAT BLEW EVERYTHING UP
>THEN SIGMAR SURVIVED
>IT WAS AWESOME TRULY THIS WAS THE END TIMES
>>
File: Archaon.png (80KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
80KB, 780x780px
>>50887668
>>
>>50887228
>Basically if this complete fucking write-in McGuffin for Chaos that makes no sense in any way didn't exist, it would be impossible for Chaos to ever take over the world and win the setting.

Chaos effectively won as soon as Archaon took middenheim, there was literally no way the "good guys" could have won after that. Even if that third warp gate wasn't there, by the time it becomes relevant chaos and skaven have taken over 80% of the world, and orcs and ogres had about 19% of it. It was a chaos wankfest from the start, with entire cities getting BTFO by warp storms over night and half of everyone dying to plague
>>
>>50885335

- Page and Margrave, forth they went, forth they went together;
- 'Gainst what darker gods had sent, through the bitter weather.

Vaclav strode onwards through the snow, with Rolf beside him. In the end Vaclav had relented and allowed the boy to come, partly because he'd been to the cottage before and knew the ground, partly because there was the very real danger that he'd try to follow them even if Vaclav ordered him to stay behind. And the undeniable truth was that boy would have to learn sometime anyway. Everyone did. So far, he was managing to keep up; fortunately the snow wasn't nearly so thick beneath the boughs of the closely clustered trees. They were managing to make good time - though without their horses they couldn't match a beastman's pace. The enemy warparty, however, would likely not be moving with the same sense of purpose. With luck, they would still catch the monsters.

Vaclav couldn't decide whether that luck would qualify as good or bad. There was still a part of him that hoped that the beastmen would slip away. It was always there, always, before every battle he'd ever fought. And as always he ignored it.

The night was every bit as cold as Vaclav had been expecting. He supposed they were lucky it wasn't snowing, but the cloudless sky brought with it a bitter chill, and there was wind enough to whip the razor-edged air against the faces of the men who dared to walk the winter woods tonight. These men were no strangers to winter's touch, though. It's frosted fangs slid off the armour of a life lived long in this cold, comfortless climate. They pulled their hoods close around them, and pressed on regardless. Many had sacks of food from the feast slung across their backs, and many bore heavy weapons like haberds and greatswords, capable of bringing down a charging minotaur. But they showed no sign of feeling the weight.
>>
>>50887538
>Everyone thought it was Storm Of Chaos 2.0 where nothing really ends and we go back to status quo

Maybe retards thought that.
>>
>>50888546

Cloaked figures stalked through the forest, slipping seamlessly between the grasping boughs and branches that reached out to scratch and tear. They looked almost ethereal passing among the shadows, between the shafts of falling moonlight, disappearing in and out behind the branches, trunks and bushes. Quickly and quietly they moved, watchful and ready. The beastmen were not the only dangerous force abroad this night. Only forty men in total - fifteen of Vaclav's armsmen, twenty-three of his knights, Vaclav himself and Rolf. But with the exception of Rolf each one had hunted in these woods before, for the things too tainted to be allowed to walk the world, and lived to learn from the experience.

Suddenly the company halted, as one - no call had gone out, but with silent discipline all stopped in but an instant. The night became eerily empty as men melted into the shadows of trees, and deadly silent too as the unseen soldiers tensed for sudden violence. Vaclav, his arm on Rolf's shoulder, looked about to see the cause of the sudden pause. And then he saw it, a single deer - a doe - picking its way carefully past a holly bush. Lit in a halo of moonlight she looked up, ears peaked, and looked around - but she didn't see them, and continued on her path. She looked so fragile, lean from lack of forage. Vaclav felt more than saw a pair of eyes on him, and in the darkness he picked out Pavel with this crossbow raised, head turned towards him. He was probably afraid the deer would spook, and give away their position. The sergeant was a good enough marksman that he could drop a deer before she even realised she was dead.

Vaclav shook his head, and the crossbow lowered.
>>
>>50888384
The point is that all of End Times was centered around the stupid nonsensical idea that the Warp Gates had failsafes and both groups of non-evil Elves had built failsafes strengthening those failsafes, yet the Elves were totally willing to kill themselves and fuck up their failsafes for stupid reasons while the Old Ones negated their failsafes by building a third Warp Gate who's only purpose was destroying the world and put it randomly under the feet of a failed experiment.

Its like a group collaboration that just throws ideas into the writing as the story is being written, and nobody goes back through it to see if any of it makes sense or lines up. Its like trying to make pottery with too many people sticking their hands in and just letting whatever the finished result is be what the group goes with.
>>
>>50888552
So your entire current fanbase?
>>
>>50888564

He was sure there were no beastmen nearby anyway - he could feel it. But apart from that, enough innocent things had died tonight. It was only a deer, true, and he'd hunted many in his time. But he felt this one a good omen, a sign of life in a world falling into death. The deer hopped over a fallen trunk, turned to look once more for danger, then seeing nothing bounded off into the night. In a moment she was gone, as if she had never been, as if t'were just a dream. Immediately, the company started moving again.

They made good time, in the darkness and the silence. Almost before Vaclav had realised it they had travelled the league across the forest to Old Johann's home. Rolf had kept up well, though his heavy breaths signalled that he was tiring. Other than that, he gave not the slightest complaint.

The cottage was not hard to find. It was still on fire.

Dying flames guttered in the burnt-out shell, devouring the last of what hadn't been already taken by the beastmen. The company approached cautiously, slipping from tree to tree. There seemed to be no beastmen near, but even so scouts circled around the cottage, and only on their owl-screech calls did the rest of the men break from the cover of the treeline. They spread out across the ground around of the ruined home. There was blood, blood everywhere across the ground in front of the house; now mixed in with a layer of ash into a grey-black paste. But as Vaclav had known there would be there were no bodies. Nothing to bury, but still, more than enough to mourn.
>>
>>50888552
What indication was there that this wasn't going to be like Storm Of Chaos? Or Albion? Or every other event that meant nothing other than us being entertained for a season.
>>
>>50888591
>What indication was there that this wasn't going to be like Storm Of Chaos? Or Albion?

The fact that it was nothing like either of them?
They were player driven campaigns, while the End Times was a story being told by GW.
>>
>>50888586

There were other traces of the uninvited guests. The beastmen were not timid; all around the ground was muddied with their prints - hooves, paws, even bird-like talons. As with everywhere the beastmen went, they left the vicinity sullied and spoiled - twisted totems of their vile gods lay scattered, along with shards of clay bottles that had once contained sickly broths and potions. As always they had defecated freely and stomped it into the earth as if trying to drive their filth as deep as possible into the land. It seemed that they had gone out of their way to befoul everything they could not eat or burn in the course of their revelry.

It would be no effort to follow them. The tracks were obvious.

Vaclav looked about, assessing the scene, and then chanced to glance up at the sky. Morrslieb had risen. While they had been among the trees, hidden under the canopy, Vaclav realised; at least the dark orb hadn't taken to simply appearing out of nowhere. Ever unpredictable in its orbit, the warp-spawned second moon had slipped into the sky beside the more wholesome Mannslieb, and now gazed malignantly down upon them. No wonder the beastmen had chosen tonight to hold their own festivities. The creatures of chaos were more attuned to the dark moon's orbit than men.

Vaclav started to follow the tracks. And saw that they headed into the forest in a north-westerly direction.

'Rolf, come here. You know what's in that direction?' he asked, pointing after the beastmen's trail.

'That way goes straight to Saint Helga's spring, sir. And then the beginning of the path that leads up the mountain.' Vaclav doubted that the beasts would head for the barren, foodless mountain. More likely, they would gleefully pollute the spring and then turn towards the forest's edge again, searching for further prey. The night was still young.

Hopefully this thread will be around tomorrow evening. If it is, I'll try to post the rest then.
>>
>>50888624
Again, nothing before has meant anything. Even the boxed sets of 5e, which were also stories told by GW, meant nothing.
>>
>>50888689
>Again, nothing before has meant anything. Even the boxed sets of 5e, which were also stories told by GW, meant nothing.

It was literally called the End Times.
Probably the first thing you'll actually read in the first End Times book is: "THE WORLD IS ENDING"

You had to be wilfully ignorant or a straight up retard to not understand what was going on.
>>
File: 11187155.png (419KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
11187155.png
419KB, 986x553px
>>50888632

Eagerly awaiting the conclusion.
>>
>>50884544
Isha and Valaya are both kind of motherly and homely, but Shallya is more maiden-like. Isha is also strongly related to nature compared to the other two, with Rhya being the closest equivalent.
>>
>>50888766
Sounds exactly like what Storm Of Chaos was.

Like I said, GW at no point had ever done an event that meant jack shit to an ongoing story. Everything was either wiped clean or, despite being stated to have far-reaching consequences, never actually did.
>>
>>50888568
It's more the third Halo Ring that bothers me. Albion had a warp gate, so the Wood Elves having an eqivalent is not surprising.
>>
>>50889514
>Sounds exactly like what Storm Of Chaos was.

Except for the fact that Storm of Chaos was a player driven campaign were the result was to be decided by games and the End Times was a story being told.

Storm of Chaos was also about if Middenheim would fall or not, and the End Times were about the whole world ending.

>Like I said, GW at no point had ever done an event that meant jack shit to an ongoing story.

This was nothing like previous events.
>>
>>50889514
What about all the named characters dying (or like Vlad and Nagash, being revived), or all the secrets being revealed?
>>
>>50889619
>This was nothing like previous events.
GW has done lots of events. Not a single one ever meant a single thing.

You say you saw it coming, I say bullshit.

Nobody thought GW would kill their IP, especially not with video games coming out for it.
Nobody thought GW would make a 4kids version of their IP to replace it.
>>
>>50889637
We didn't know that was going to happen before End Times.
Not to mention GW already wiped the slate in SoC. They'd already proven that they'll just release stuff with negative continuity.

Know how in South Park there was an episode where it seemed status quo would be broken with Stan, but nobody expected it would because its fucking South Park and the idea of continuity is a joke, and lo and behold nothing happened?

That was what ET seemed to be.
>>
>>50889644
>GW has done lots of events.

No, they did player driven campaigns.

>You say you saw it coming, I say bullshit.

Again, it was clearly spelled out to you that it was happening. If you couldn't accept that you were either deluded or retarded.
>>
>>50889686
Funny. I don't remember you coming in during ET: Nagash telling everyone to abandon ship.
>>
>>50889717
Why would I tell people to abandon ship?
I do remember telling everyone that Chaos was going to win, and laughing at all the people who thought Nagash was going to be the one who brought the End Times.
>>
Hey, to that anon two days ago asking about good Dwarf minis, check this.

https://www.momminiaturas.com/miniaturas/enanos/
>>
>>50889732
Well, this is a case of [Citation Needed] because I was in those threads, and you sure as fuck weren't.

Unless you had a a trip I had filtered.
>>
>>50889800
I think your memory is failing you.
Perhaps you remember Be'lakor posting?
That was, in part, me.
>>
>>50889836
Oh.

So you weren't actually basing this "Chaos will win" on anything concrete, just your meme bullshit that caused the entire Warhammer Fantasy community on 4chan to hate you personally.
>>
File: 1 (you).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px)
1 (you).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>50889732
>We can retcon the background behind one of the main events, breaking the lore and creating a paradox where Dark Elves shouldn't exist
>We can't delay another hundred years the Chaos invasion or have the everchosen lose (it's not like he's the 7th)
this is my first and last (you), be sure to enjoy it
>>
File: 25468473.png (23KB, 700x903px) Image search: [Google]
25468473.png
23KB, 700x903px
>>50889836

>Be'lakor posting

Oh boy here we go again.

Bring in the rocks people.
>>
>>50889855
>So you weren't actually basing this "Chaos will win" on anything concrete

I was basing it on a few facts.

1. The End Times books straight said the world was ending.
2. Chaos is the big bad

Now my personal theory of Be'lakor doing it rested on the fact that Archaon and Mannfred were two of the biggest names in the End Times, and Be'lakor had interacted with them both in the lead up to the End Times.

Now I was correct in general, Chaos won. But it just goes to show that I don't have prophetic powers and was wrong about Be'lakor.
The writing was on the wall for everyone to see.
>>
>>50889864
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>50889923
So same shit as SoC, and the same shit that's been there since 4e.
>>
>>50890081
No, not the same at all.

Previous fluff had established that Chaos would one day win.
The End Times stated that that time was now.
>>
>>50890102
So did SoC.
>>
>>50890243
Storm of Chaos was completely different as I've already said.
Its story was based on player action, so GW hadn't written an ending.
Also, Storm of Chaos was ultimately about what happened to Middenheim. Whoever won, the world was going to continue, if a little changed or not.
>>
>>50890313
In fact, the ending became what it was because GW hadn't thought far enough ahead. If Middenheim fell, then the Empire would be plunged into an eternal winter. It wouldn't have meant the world's end.
>>
>>50889619
>Except for the fact that Storm of Chaos was a player driven campaign were the result was to be decided by games

If that were true, then Archaon would have died in Kislev and not even got past Praag.
>>
File: when will he learn.jpg (213KB, 862x605px) Image search: [Google]
when will he learn.jpg
213KB, 862x605px
I just noticed today that Mannlet actually has STATS in WFRP 2e, and it's theoretically possible for a party to kill him.
>>
File: battlemap.jpg (838KB, 829x745px) Image search: [Google]
battlemap.jpg
838KB, 829x745px
>>50890694
Except that DID happen, and GW had to cheat to get his hordes through checkpoints. We called it the Hand of Gav, though the blame wasn't entirely his. The Forces of Light had a really well coordinated community that would assign wins to key locations.
>>
>>50890735
Good. Let the good guys fucking win for a change. It's not like there isn't the Druchii, the Skaven, the Greenskins, the Tomb Kangz, Nagash, and the Vampire Counts out there to threaten them even if Archaon the Evercrybaby dies like a puss.
>>
>>50890694
No. That is a fundamental misunderstanding of the campaign.

Archaon was at the head of an unstoppable Horde. He was always getting to Middenheim.
Player battles decided how quickly he would get there and what state the Horde and the City would be in.

Thus since Chaos performed poorly, he showed up at Middenheim very late into the campaign and was repulsed in short order.
>>
>>50884138
An actual Fairie Queene kind of deal would have been pretty cool. Something fae and vaguely connected to nature, and with magical power, but not a god in of thenselves.

I think most people liked the idea that the Bretonnians were projecting their own ideas of honor and chivalry onto a nature diety of some sort, probably Isha. Elvish influences because the Brets were seeing Wood Elf shit, but not outright sculpting them into a pseduo-elf image.
>>
>>50890752
gay

When is GW going to learn that no one likes their shitty Sonic the Hedgehog OCs?
>>
>>50891040
Chaos was probably the most popular faction though.
>>
>>50891078
I'd say it would be a tossup between Chaos (warriors), Empire and High Elves. Dwarfs in a close runner up.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
So what would be the best way to make some mock-up models to familiarize myself with the tabletop gameplay? I'm considering grabbing some 20mm by 20mm wooden dowels and marking the tops (and maybe carve them into some nice pawns later)
>>
>>50891078
If you have a game without multiple factions, don't play favorites. Give them all as much attention as possible for whatever scenario is made.
>>
File: 1478915759277.jpg (155KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478915759277.jpg
155KB, 1024x640px
>>50891306
Try out each phase one at a time using a few imaginary regiments on each side. Maybe two core units and a hero apiece and use some movements for and against your advantage.
>>
>>50891364
No, you should cater to those that are popular.
If you spend money on a faction that few people like then you're burning money.
>>
>>50891424
It's not money, it's writing fluff and having events that make all your fans feel included and promotes loyalty to your brand. A few models every so often could help cause that section of the fanbase to grow popular.

Focus too much on one or two factions, it becomes a wankfest and gets very boring very fest. For 40k, even DA getting so much spotlight is irritating after a while, and that's after years of focusing on Space Marines as a whole, while the Dark Eldar model update was praised, and generally the Sisters are looked at favorably. It shows they pay attention to their fans.
>>
the 9th age is total fucking garbage and is worse than any edition of whfb. debate me
>protip : you cant
>>
>>50891516
>It's not money

It's all about the money.
If the dumb fuck faction no one likes gets a new model then how do you get a return for that model?
>>
>>50891572
It becomes a snowball effect. Popular factions stay popular because they keep getting models and updates. Less popular factions stay that way because they get little to no attention.
>>
>>50891526
Aw, and I thought it looked okay. What's been done wrong? (besides Skaven)
>>
Anyone have the Tilea project pdf?
>>
So how is 9th Age going?
Is it on its 10th edition/rewrite yet?
JK that shit be dead as fuck.
Enjoy your unsupported game. At least these generals last for a good week or so right?
Hope I wasn't shilling too hard.
>>
>>50891665
>What's been done wrong?
pretty much everything. magic is fucked, they basically just squatted the whole magic phase. they also fucked all point costs up and neutered pretty much every army to the point where everything feels the same.
>>
>>50891572
It shows you pay attention to the community, that you're considering all angles and would support an influx of new players or players getting second armies...
>>
>>50891727
>implying you know of another 3rd party alternative to Age of Shitmar, that is of better quality, funding, and support than 9th.
>>
>>50891842
at this point age of shitmar is actually better than 9th.

our best hope at this point is GW bringing back WHFB 3rd ed or something as a specialist game
>>
>>50891864
Please, pray tell, what is so bad/wrong/fucked up about 9th?

Please post legit reasons... not meme's or shill shit
>>
>>50891783
>It shows you pay attention to the community

Which is meaningless if you don't make money from said community.
This is why the known favourites are exploited often, they make the money and allow the occasional risky venture on an unpopular faction.
>>
>>50891864
Age of sigmar is unironically better than 9th at this point, and theres literally no reason why you can't play the exact same scenarios you would in 8th, or any other edition set in the old world. Anyone who plays 9th does so out of spite and thats it.
>>
>>50891906
i already did.
>no magic phase
>points costs are all fucking stupid
>all the armies feel the same since they just made everything generic and combats are basically just a coinflip since theres no difference between anything anymore
i understand that they are pussies who gave up and fucked the game up with 1.2 since they were scared of GW suing them, but theyd have been better off just giving up completely, because this shit is garbage.
>>
File: MapofEmpire.jpg (153KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
MapofEmpire.jpg
153KB, 873x627px
>>50891938
You realize that you have to give the developers of 9th some wiggle room...these are VOLUNTEERS making an entire gaming system. They're not paid like GW professionals are to do this. They're just guys and girls, working on this in their spare time. How can you assholes be so harsh for a community that is literally working for nothing, and not their livlehood to make this game. If you don't like it, propose changes, make suggestions, BE active, don't fucking just trash it.
>>
>>50891994
>You realize that you have to give the developers of 9th some wiggle room
i dont have to give them anything, they sure as fuck havent given us anything considering their 'game' is worse than 8th edition WHFB, which is all they were ripping off to begin with anyway...

who was the idiot that thought neutering every army to the point where they all feel the same, was a good idea?
>>
>>50891994
Because if somebody tells me they're making a steak dinner and I get a can of spam, it's not a fucking steak, is it?
>>
>>50892035
You are one ungrateful prick. I'm pretty sure you're the type of self centered fuck who complains and bitches about the state of the economy, or policies of government, but never bothers or is too much of an entitled asshole to never even consider doing anything useful about it. You complain, and bitch, and don't contribute jack shit or help change things.
>>
>>50892130
Do you want a participation award, what? A 'you tried' medal?
>>
>>50892130
>but never bothers or is too much of an entitled asshole to never even consider doing anything useful about it.
me and my associates are actually very involved within the deepstate and are more or less a shadow government.

not really relevant though, considering your strawman was fucking retarded.

9th age is fucking garbage, thats a fact.
its a shitty rip off of 8th edition WHFB, thats a fact.
it had potential to be better than 8th, but they are pussies who buckled immediately to GWs (((lawyers))) and so they gave up and intentionally ruined "their" game (which was nothing more than an attempt at bringing 8th more in line with competitive play). since theyve clearly given up now, i dont understand why they are continuing to lead people on.
>>
>>50892298
>deepstate
>shadow government

What
>>
>>50892298
>deepstate
>shadow government

Okay, you've lost all legitimacy in any of your arguments.
>>
>>50892445
Hail Hydra
>>
>>50892445
dont worry about it
>>50892457
>redditspacing
>thinks hes made an argument
priceless. try not to chew on the little lead army guys, ok son?
>>
File: 1421981546455.jpg (163KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1421981546455.jpg
163KB, 640x640px
So I got a 3d printer for christmas and I want to put it to the test. I am a madman and recently picked skaven as my army choice.

Question for /WFG/: Do you know of any sites that have decent warhammer knock off printer files? Specifically ratmen or anything that might be close (wolfmen, beast men, ect) that I can alter. I can find elves and a FUCK TON of 40k stuff, but I find it hard to believe there isnt some less known archive floating around out there of attempts at whfb copies.
>>
>>50888624
You mean the events that literally didn't matter and where the outcomes were largely ignored or reluctantly accepted? Also, to many of us, the TT never mattered anyway, so superficially, such a thing wouldn't have mattered.

That said, End Times was shit from the start. Even if it hadn't ended in Age of Shillmar, I think a lot of fans would've had problems accepting it, considering that it (and much of 8th Ed.) was such a profound departure from established fliff, concepts and themes.
>>
>>50891994
Free shit can still be shit. Note that I have no opinion on 9th Age, but your argument is retarded. This kind of flawed logic is what creates fanbois and -gurls.
>>
>>50890734
Vampires are notoriously hard to give a final death, though.
>>
>>50893670
True. Personally I'd try chucking the corpse in the ocean. Maybe giving it to the elves to throw into the portal to hell.
>>
>>50893762
Better yet, bring it to the Donjon of Dol off the coast of Bretonnia. I imagine it has some kind of magic negating properties as it once held the Fey Enchantress during the Affair of the False Grail. If she required a knight to rescue her then her magic had to have been nullified in one way or another.
>>
This thread is full of actual autists.
>>
>>50894183
and one nigger
>>
>>50891078
Except not, given that every other factions players teamed up to fuck en in the arse in SoC.

High elves, Empire or Orcs and Skaven were more popular.

Of those I'd say it's either Skaven or Empire taking the crown
>>
>>50891744
A worthy successor to Warhammer then!
>>
>>50891698
Ask me later and I'll take a look. Lf appears to be down so I hope like hell I have a copy on my main machine
>>
>>50893585
>to many of us, the tabletop never mattered anyway

I'm not denying that's true, but a lot of people who care about TT stuff have probably long since left and probably can't refute you. But at the time the generals were going crazy over the TT rules.
>>
>the op says 'no end times'
>it's always end times when I come to this shitty thread
Also
>not a single miniature posted
Dead game tßh
>>
>>50894444
the minis are ugly and the game sucks.

Only good thing is the setting and the RPG.
>>
>>50892445
Not him, but the Derin Devlet (literally, "deep state") is a Turkish conspiracy theory that has like a really weird amount of acceptance in mainstream culture there, which is partially fueled by the issues they've had with democracy yet also fairly consistent tendency tomboy collapse into civil war and how functional the country remained even during military coups.
Who the Derin Devler is actually composed of is basically dependent on the teller; corporations, military, spy agencies, the mafia, etc.

Think of them as the ubiquitous conspiracy theorist's "They/Them", only they have a specific title and a lot more people seem to seriously believe in it then you'd logically think would.
>>
>>50894475
*to not collapse into civil war
>>
>>50894475, >>50894483
What? Like, how widespread IS the belief anyway?
>>
>>50894525
Several important elected officials over the years have openly admitted their belief in the existence of the Derin Devlet. Notably, the deep state always seems to be opposed to whatever agenda the person believes in it supports at the time.
I have a friend who lived in Turkey when he was younger and moved here later on and he sounded completely serious when he talked about it and his parents 100% believed in it.

It was bizarre as hell to me, but whatever.
>>
File: 1354897435.png (9KB, 81x92px) Image search: [Google]
1354897435.png
9KB, 81x92px
>>50887487
True, I'll definitely have a look at that too
>>
>>50894444
I got some Bretonnian knights, quads. I'm still working on them.

They were second hand, so I'm not sure who was meant to ride the Pegasus.
>>
This is one of the worst generals because nobody posts their minis.
>>
>>50887538
>gushed on and on about how great Archaon is every chance they got.
How did they try to accomplish that after the shit they fabricated with the SoC last duel where Grimgork suddenly teleports behind him?
>>
>>50894735
Try WIP? There was some miniposting a thread ago here, if nothing else.
>>
>>50894444
>Quads of quads

Saying "no endtimes" in the OP is poor quality bait that still works to his day
>>
so ifi were to start WFB (as no other game scratches that itch) what would be the best rule set ? 7th ed ? people say 9th age is shit... i cant decide. maybe use a certain edition and army books from another ? i want to play Empire. I have at least 3 friends who want to start. Dark Elves, Skaven and Beastmen.
>>
>>50894952
6th or 7th is best.

8th lost a lot of tactics and had horrific magic.

I was fine with random charge distance, but it was way to easy to recover from a miscalculated charge or over run
>>
File: Be'lakor mini.jpg (332KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor mini.jpg
332KB, 1600x1200px
>>50889915
You were BTFO already and you still using a story that doesn't feature Be'lakor as your only weapon against him shows how weak the anti-Be'lakor side is.
>>
File: TheFirst of the Fallen.png (814KB, 535x723px) Image search: [Google]
TheFirst of the Fallen.png
814KB, 535x723px
>‘Hark well, as I tell you the tale of Be’lakor First-Damned, may his forgotten true-name be forever cursed. In his arrogance, he drew the gaze of the Chaos Gods to this world, bringing damnation upon us all.’

>Frederich Weirde, Chronicler of the End Times

-It was Be'lakor will brought the attention of Chaos Gods to this world.
-His damnation tainted the hearts of all men and opened them to Chaos
-It was Be'lakor who taught the men how to worship Chaos and venerate the gods
-It was Be'lakor who saved the world with his hubris and rebellion against the gods tying up the gods armies in the north allowing the Elves enough time to finish the ritual
-It was his curse that allowed for the rise of the Everchosen
-By his genius did the prophecy of the Red Eye/Three Eyed King come to be
-It was he who authored the End Times by writing it in Necrodomo's place
-It was he who sired Archaon, the greatest of all the champions of Chaos
-It was by his immortal power that time was violated again and again to ensure that his son-in-darkness stays true to his path
-It was his machinations that aided in Nagash's return starting the End Times
-The Elven cycle was forever broken by him discovering Lileath

And many more great things. It's beyond dispute. Be'lakor is the bestest villain the setting had. It is no consequence that BL named him as 1# of the villains of the fantasy universe.
>>
File: Be'lakor.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor.png
1MB, 600x800px
After all of this, and they GW gives godhood to a rat.

Be'lakor WAS ROBBED.
>>
>>50891906

Skaven player here, so this only makes sense from a skaven prespective:

>Everything is linear, nothing has the same random feel that skaven have
>No special misfire chart
>No specially flavoured magic
>>
File: Good-good.png (6KB, 252x243px) Image search: [Google]
Good-good.png
6KB, 252x243px
>>50895119

Yes-yes, it is surely a shame, my fellow caos-man-thing!

It must have been-been betrayal of the lowliest sort!
>>
File: image.png (261KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
261KB, 300x454px
crikey !!!

that gitzman map has to be the biggest fantasy map ever created !

thanks !!!
>>
>>50895119
But the horned rat has always been a god.
>>
>>50888632
Wonderful story! I look forward to the rest of it.
>>
>>50895237

He's now in the league with th other big 4 (3?)
>>
>>50895237
True godhood among the Four gods that only matter in the multiverse.

I cannot believe that the Horned Rat was invited to the Pantheon while the Firstborn of the Gods was passed over. What an outrage.
>>
>>50895403
>Blood, Skulls and War
>Schemes, Magic and Change
>Disease, Pestidence, Decay
>Rats

One of these is not like the others.
>>
Who gives a shit? It's End Times/Age of Shillmar. It doesn't apply to Warhammer Fantasy. Might as well discuss Spongebob Squarepants or Game of Thrones.
>>
>>50895642
Which is more or less part of disease.
>>
>>50894183
>This web is full if actual autists
ftfy
>>
>>50891936
I haven't played either, but I'd like to start 9th age because it more resembles Total War: Warhammer while trying to be more balanced.
>>
>>50895833
Cant have a Warhammer Fantasy thread without yet another discussion about End Times. Usually THE SAME FUCKING DISCUSSION

This is why we can't have nice things.

Can we just put
>not for the discussion of any official lore after 2013 or so, we don't give a fuck about end times here

In the op?
>>
>>50891698
Sadly I cannot send you a copy of the Tilea Project

Liber Fanatica will be online again after Christmas once the sites hosting fees are topped up.

I did however just discover Steve Darlington finally released Estalia last year without much fanfare.

http://tinstargames.weebly.com/stuff-for-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-2nd-edition.html
>>
>>50888568
>most retarded thing that I have ever read.
Dear God it is so good I am only interested in WFRP so I never had a desire to read that retarded shit.
>>
>>50890735
>blame wasn't entirely his. The Forces of Light had a really well coordinated community that would assign wins to key locations.
So:
Forces of order players resemble it's lore. They used better organization, tactics and strategy by winning at strategic locations to stop the fucking horde, while horde can't get the shit done due to lack of organization.
Instead of capitalizing on this, GW decides to do autistic scream:
>much chaos
>they are not brakes on SoC train
>get in losers we are going to Middenheim
What a shit tier storytelling
>>
so its almost impossible to find a horse mounted archaon under 80 dollars now right ?
>>
>>50890752
GW is a shitty railroading DM.

Which is why we love TW:W so much. Archaon can die to a Witch Hunter, Squig, or Gyrobomber swarm.

>>50892035
>Neutering every army
Fuck you. Dwarfs, TK, and Vampires are improved by T9A.
>>
>>50893762
Vortex Isle is fucked up as hell.
Death literally shows up and chats with you about how even Chaos is fucked.
>>
>>50896559
I want to talk about Elves and Vampires.

Could the Ulrika series have been salvaged?
>>
>>50897827
Try Chinese recasters.
>>
>>50891938
lmao "both sides are too equal, its a coinflip"

*loses at chess, flips game board* FUCKING LUCKY PIECE OF SHIT!!!
>>
>>50897901
How much one has to pay-pay to have the models-recasts sent-made to Under-Europe man-thing?
>>
>>50895106
best character =/= strongest character

only some tween watching dbz would believe otherwise
>>
>>50898177
Dunno. I only checked one once when the Flamespyre came out. Was $40, but shipping made it $55 so it was only cheaper to buy a lot and I was only in the market for that one thing.
>>
File: skaven man thing tears.png (290KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skaven man thing tears.png
290KB, 500x500px
>>50895119
Deal-cope with it, shit-thing.
>>
>>50897893
If it had been finished, yes. But book 3 was just...bad, and Ulrika didn't suffer enough for the stupid, vicious shit she did over stuff that was her or her stupid friend's fault.
>>
>>50896908
That's sweet man, I'm always up to snap up some stuff for my WFRP games, myself. My only problem with the fan-faction stuff is how often it gets too historical.
>>
>>50897869
Do you think he'd be mad if we chucked a dismembered, silver-wrapped, burnt vampire into death's woolie hole?
>>
>>50898812
History is why I loved WFRP when I found it.

Take Renaissance Europe. Add Orcs and Chaos Cults

Blend

That sort of skewed false history is just like a warm comfy bath of awesome.
>>
File: IMG_0494.jpg (115KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0494.jpg
115KB, 400x305px
>>50898831
He showed up when Morathi was destabilizing it to summon Slaanesh without his brothers and two High Elf Nobles and a Mage were rushing to stop her.

Death had a pleasant chat with one of them, basically talked to him like Pratchett Death while the other two spoke to their long-dead family.
>>
>>50896559
Already pretty much have that, but autists get a perverse pleasure out of ruining good things.
>>
>>50898193
This. If a character can easily beat anything and do whatever they want, because lol best or lolol time manipulation, and keeps getting forced into the narative, then they aren't entertaining to follow. A good character has limits to their abilities and challenges they have to overcome - Karl Franz is generally well liked because we know he has to prove himself regularly as a ststesman as much as a skilled warrior and tactician, even in difficult situations for him.
>>
>>50896908
Shit, I had missed Estalia. I need to download that shit oncde I'm home.
>>
>>50899158
I actually prefer Karl Franz pre-super-saiyan. I hate that they turned him into a kickass general-warlord with a unique gryphon mount that he got from the elves.

I genuinely feel that it not only diminishes his character, pushing him towards sue-ish territory, but it actually diminishes the setting as a whole. The Empire is supposed to be mired in internal politicking, with the Emperor being in a precarious situation of having to weigh different regions and play them against eachother, while also needing their support to rule, and ensuring a legacy.

But now Karl Franz is also a godlike warrior supported by elves and dwarfs, practically Sigmar reborn, and the Empire almost universally presented as united, and when not, Karl Franz will descend with his hammer, atop his gryphon, and beat the shit out of you, personally.
>>
>tfw just got interested in 8th edition after playing Total War: Warhammer
>age of sigmar is fucking tash and 8th ed isn't supported anymore

feels bad
>>
>>50899461
Don't feel so bad

8th was shit.
>>
>>50899461
Its not a vidya, support doesn't matter. You can play it in shops, the models are mostly still available and there's a LOT of proxies.
>>
>>50899504
t. beastmen cuck
>>
>>50899171
It's pretty good so far.
Lots of great fodder for adventures and a pair of careers that seem like upgrades into the "fencing" type character past Duellist.
>>
>>50899529
Actually my armies were Empire and Tomb Kings

- the changes to skirmishers and fast cav were shit
- magic was overpowered as fuck
- every army had to get a NEW BIG MONSTER and MONSTER CAV which was a bit shit
- The revamped TK book took away my charges into combat, added a couple of BIG MONSTERS! instead of fixing the shitness of an existing big monster (Bone Giant) and removed my chariots Fast Cav ability
- Movement was less important, I liked random charge distance a little but it was very easy to adjust if your opponent had made you lose positioning, the penalties for being a poor general were almost removed and so you saw Death Stars just marching around tooled up and able to take on anyone because, fuck flanks we'll be fine!
>>
>>50899529
Reminder that Slaanesh allows his human followers to cuckold Beastmen.

You can get into the cult then jump into a pile of sheepgirl and goatgirl and cowgirl pussy while all the males are forced to stand there and watch.
>>
File: 1478695109790.jpg (493KB, 987x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478695109790.jpg
493KB, 987x1080px
>>50899777
Why would anyone want this?
>>
>>50899777
Yes, but then they eat you.
And not in the sexual sense.
>>
File: 1397145147636.jpg (137KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1397145147636.jpg
137KB, 600x900px
>>50899802
Satyr

Pussy
>>
Hey /tg/s I got my hands on a really good Bretonnia army and I'm still in the process of sorting things out. I'll post pics later, but I'm trying to identify what monster this is and what it's used for. I'm thinking a hypogriff? But I see no relevance to it in a Bret army? Am I missing something?
>>
>>50899381
>acting like Karl Franz was fleshed out ever
>m-muh normal dudes

Outside of the role playing game, no one gives a shit about some normal politicking statesman who isn't even a warrior.
>>
>>50900278
Hippogriffs are Bretonnia's answer to griffins, used as monstrous cavalry by elites like the King himself.
>>
File: ctf.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>50900135
stinky
thick
goat
bush
>>
>>50900278
that's the 6e empire griffon

it could easily be used as a proxy for a hippogriff, since all that's really different is the hippogriff is half-horse instead of half-lion and even more bloodthirsty
>>
File: 1409647310117.jpg (76KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1409647310117.jpg
76KB, 500x333px
>>50900068
Don't be silly.
Goats it only grass.
>>
File: 1387981604643.png (139KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1387981604643.png
139KB, 600x800px
>>50900486
I urge you to reconsatyr
>>
>>50900068
No, Slaanesh forbids retribution. Slaaneshi cultists can treat it like an Incase comic.
>>
>>50900333
Also the good novels, the comics, the pre-TWW vidya...basically everything but the shitty BL books and the wargame.
>>
File: IMG_0502.jpg (22KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0502.jpg
22KB, 460x288px
>>50900486
Consider the alternative: German women. Medieval German women.

I'll bury myself in goatgina.
>>
>>50899777

But I'm gay, anon.
>>
>>50900333
>implying that RPG is not the best faring Oldhammer activity and its only game that is not bad.

Sorry, mmuch Emeror plaladin is boring mary sue that got overshadowed by EPIC LEVEL Archaosue.

Statesman is more interesting, but it's way harder to sell his 50$ miniature.
>>
>>50900693
>that got overshadowed by EPIC LEVEL Archaosue.
When is the wedding?
>>
>>50900688
Its not straight if its a masculine clit.
>>
File: smugkarlfranz.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smugkarlfranz.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>50900659
Yeah, Karl Franz had two incarnations before:

-Tragic, if weak, man that tries to stop his belloved, yet rotten, Empire from collapsing and failing. Like whole The Enemy Within- not canon.

-Cunning statesman that Machiavelli would be proud of, running the country that stays on the verge of civil war.

It kinda went "Let's ride them griffons and lead them armies".
>>
>>50900688
Why would you go for goatmen when you could get hunky Nords, strong Imperials, dashing Estalians and charming Bretonnians?

By the way, I'm guessing a masculine setting is great for gay fanservice?
>>
File: DSCF3109.jpg (238KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3109.jpg
238KB, 1600x1200px
>>50900877
The entire Warhammer world and model range is full of homo-erotic undertones.
>>
>>50889264
>>50895271
when the next thread is up I'll continue with >>50888632
>>
>>50901057
You can also put .doc/.rtf/.txt/any other format file directly in your post. Or throw it as entry in 1d4chan, it serves that purpose anyway. That seems best option.

Seems nice, but reading it that way is tiresome.
>>
>>50900877
Don't forget the cute elves!
>>
>>50901143
Please anon, if I want cute elves I would go to /e/.
>>
>>50900877
Handlebars.
>>
>>50901143
>Elves
>cute

You big wazzock.
>>
>>50900877

It is. Beastmen are still my favourite though, dunno why. I get the feeling there be a lot of no-homo stuff among them.
>>
>>50901127
yeah, part of the reason I've been posting it in pieces is that I haven't actually finished writing the ending yet. Almost there though. I'll probably keep posting it piece by piece, and then post the finished product at the end.
>>
>>50901176
Does your beard even hang low mate?
>>
>>50901176
Dwarfs canonically find elves beautiful. I dunno about 'sexually attractive,' though.

Then again, dwarfs have been known to bang human women, and an elf is a human +5...
>>
>>50901438
Don't say that, the average dwarfaboo imagines his favorite race as sex-less as himself.
>>
>increasingly flustered dwarf standing near an increasingly smug-looking wood elf
>>
>>50895119
>Be'lakor WAS ROBBED.

I'll vouch for this. Retool his backstory a little and promote him to take over the perfectionist streak of Slaanesh without the R-rated content and you fill a gap sorely missing in the big four.
>>
>>50901475
Not me.

Most traditionalist Dwarfs channel their sexual frustration into their work or hatred I figure, with human prostitutes for the more liberal class of merchants and guards. Or traditionalists pair with a very well-paid Dwarf hooker.

Not to mention that either 1 in 3 or 1 in 10, preserving females only matters in fertile years. Longplaits probably are part of the Longbeards.
>>
>>50901611
gay, retcon him out
>>
>>50901685
Seems odd that literally every Warhammer villain has parent issues.

>Beastmen: Mommy and daddy abandoned me, and my four foster daddies neglect me!
>Warriors: My foster dads demand perfection! If I don't make the team and we don't make State, they'll never talk to me again!
>Skaven: Daddy beats us, we have to fight to be the favorite child!
>Mannfred: I'll never be out of my father's shadow!
>Nagash: Dad made my idiot brother his successor!
>Archaon: Dad raped mom, she abandoned me, my fister dads tried to kill me, and my hero that I pretended was my father ignored me!
>Sigvald: Dad tried to steal mom from me, then I got bored of her and sis. What were we talking about? My hair, right?
>>
>>50901765
Also, Malekith.
>>
File: 1482446598859.jpg (55KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482446598859.jpg
55KB, 258x360px
>>50901765

>Malekith: OH GOD MOMMY I'M CUMMING
>>
File: 20161227215922_1.jpg (380KB, 534x693px) Image search: [Google]
20161227215922_1.jpg
380KB, 534x693px
Fuck these dwarfs.
>>
>>50901923
Its fucking Bhufdar, what do you expect? Their picks couldn't even dent Ithilmar if ya catch my meaning.
>>
>>50900449
>>50900490

Are they even in the 7th Bret Codex? Or only a mount for Leon or something? I have this model, but not sure how to field it.
>>
>>50901998
Army Book. There are no Codexes in Fantasy because there was never a Latin in Fantasy.
>>
File: ghorros.jpg (791KB, 2350x3124px) Image search: [Google]
ghorros.jpg
791KB, 2350x3124px
>>50901351
>It is. Beastmen are still my favourite though, dunno why. I get the feeling there be a lot of no-homo stuff among them.

Man, I don't know. Pic related.
>>
>>50902125
This is sort of how it feels playing Beastmen in total war.
>>
>>50902448
>>50902448
>>50902448
New Thread
>>
>>50896065
Skavens always looked half nurgle half tzeentch to me, maybe because I like goofy cartoon villain tzeentch.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.