[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/: Star Destroyer Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 579
Thread images: 70

File: isd_v2.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
isd_v2.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

These threads are not for you to piss and moan about films. If you have criticisms or comments about any Star Wars film, take it to /tv/.

Talk Star Wars lore, games, meetups, and homebrews.

Previous thread >>50847129
>>
FIRST FOR THE FIRST ORDER!
>>
Second for Carrie fisher is in the ICU in Ronald Reagan hospital in LA no news otherwise, so for all of us. May the Force be with her.
>>
>>50861597
But does the First Order protect interstellar trade, hunt pirates, keep rogue Imperial units from Base Delta Zeroing planets? Naw man. They have become that which they despise: The Rebel Alliance.
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 1385x892px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 1385x892px
>>50861597
>>
File: 1477111559965.jpg (245KB, 1920x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1477111559965.jpg
245KB, 1920x1470px
stat me
>>
>>50861653
Big guy/4U
>>
File: brian-matyas-templar.jpg (1MB, 1920x1470px) Image search: [Google]
brian-matyas-templar.jpg
1MB, 1920x1470px
>>50861653
>>
Why did the Empire stop using Jango Fett clones? Was the geneseed deteriorating too much to be of further use?
>>
>that moment when the resurgence class star destroyer will never be in armada

Fucking kill me famalam.
>>
>>
>>50861672
In Legends the Kaminoans rebelled against the Empire and started making clones to fight them so the Emperor didn't want all his troops from one source. I think in nucanon it's less defined but is basically that the clones got old and training stormtrooper recruits is cheaper
>>
>>50861672
For Canon, they're extremely expensive. It's much cheaper to recruit/conscript and give them a few weeks training. Their weapons and armor is significantly less expensive compared to Phase 2.
>>
>>50861688
Wait, are imperial storm troopers allowed the same individuality as their clone predecessors? I always got the sense that they were supposed to seem like faceless swarms of the same armor. Precise, clean, tidy. Never giving their enemies clear indicators that they killed a single key individual.

Sure, there are armor differences depending on rank and squad, but even then you're still playing an elaborate shell game if you're going after a specific trooper
>>
>>50861737

>Empire is a practically a command economy
>Clones cost too much

Wut.
>>
>>50861778
they should had kept these guys, unless Death Troopers are the empire's version of them
>>
>>50861778
Compared to everything else that needed done to turn the republic into an empire, the cost of an orchestrated civil war, the cost of new naval ships, armor, weapons, and massive murder station, its cheaper to only have to pay to feed soldiers than it is to grow your own
>>
>>50861778
>What are TIE fighters
>>
>>50861772
They aren't. From the looks of the file name they are making that fellow out to be a special forces trooper, rather like the US special forces doing what they want.
>>
>>50861837
Suicidal space shuttlecocks
>>
>>50861822
I mean, compared to the size of the Galactic Empire, and compared to the cost of losing the civil war in the end due in part to the shittiness of the Stormtroopers. I think if I had been Sheev, I'd have kept the clones.
>>
>>50861877
>"I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling protagonists!"
>>
File: Cassian_A280-CFE.png (243KB, 580x430px) Image search: [Google]
Cassian_A280-CFE.png
243KB, 580x430px
Enjoy the CFE.
>>
>>50861778
Considering the Clones were nearly bankrupting the Republic army, they would be too expensive to maintain. Also, the Empire was not fighting a droid army anymore, the Stormtroopers were meant to keep peace on pacified worlds. In Legends and Canon, the Empire is putting all the good money to battleships, dreadnoughts and super weapons.
>>
>>50861945
Tbh familam I think I preferred the A180 Jyn used. It looked like it might be a Space Luger or Browning Hi-Power, and that's cool.
>>
>>50861877
No one was prepared to fight another major war. Palpatine was pretty confident that the Deathstar and legions of Star Destroyers, Executors, Secutors, Qaz, Praetors and Mandators would instill fear and keep the peace. He wasn't counting on a Skywalker backed Rebellion fighting him.

Without Luke at Yavin, the Rebellion would have failed and Palpatine would've won. He didn't need Clones until then.
>>
>>50862009
It's a luger with a barrel sleeve and the same kinda "Plug it into a rifle part" tech as the CFE.
>>
File: s230555406261536251_p35_i2_w1000.jpg (122KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
s230555406261536251_p35_i2_w1000.jpg
122KB, 1000x667px
>>50862009
Yeah it's pretty ballin. I remember some shorter versions of Leia's pistol based on a Beretta or something that wear super neato.
>>
>>50862038
>Without Luke at Yavin, the Rebellion would have failed and Palpatine would've won.

Eh, I've always viewed all that talk by Tarkin and Vader about ending the rebellion to be gross overconfidence that was only made irrelevant by the even grosser overconfidence in the Death Star's invulnerability.

Sure, making it seem that the rebellion itself is on the line in the final act of ANH is good and fine to add drama to that first movie, but when you take into account the later movies and expanded universe it's an idea that doesn't hold up. First off, the forces seen at Yavin are way too small to represent a significant part of the Rebel Alliance, even taking into account the fact that the rebels are supposed to be David to the Empire's Goliath. Second, we know that the prominent leaders of the rebellion weren't at Yavin either meaning that its destruction wouldn't have cut the head off of anything.

Now granted, if Luke hadn't destroyed the Death Star at Yavin it would have been free to continue targetting defiant worlds and could have potentially crushed the rebellion that way (although even then I don't see it dying entirely; history has shown that tyranny has rarely if ever been able to completely stamp out the flame of liberty indefinitely) but that would still just make Yavin one in a series of cuts that began with Alderaan.
>>
Haven't touched the RP community since before FFG's system dropped. How has recent media been handled by the RPers? Anyone doing Legends shit or are we all on the Rebellion bandwagon?
>>
>>50861814
I was under the impression that Death Troopers were just Krennic's personal guard. Does the visual guide or the novel say different?
>>
>>50862768
I use a mix of legends and nucanon stuff and usually set my games during the OT. I also use TFU and forces of corruption elements, including Rahm Kota as Lahey from Trailer Park boys
>>
>>50862930
>Rahm Kota as Lahey from Trailer Park boys
I kek'd.
Anyone here actually run Saga Ed.? Haven't seen it in threads I've lurked other than nodded at in the OP.
>>
>>50862768
A mix of both, but heavily on the nucanon train
>>
>>50862768
The FFG RPG is a weird mix of canon and legends, they borrow elements from both rather than sticking strictly to one.
>>
>>50862964
I used to run it but once FFG came out I never looked back. It's very unbalanced in favor of force users and has a ton of trap options. So basically d20. If you really like d20 you will probably like it, but I would highly suggest at least trying FFG it's a really fun system
>>
>>50863017
>It's very unbalanced in favor of force users and has a ton of trap options
I never noticed much of an unbalance given equity of talent trees contrasted against having to burn feats for force powers, though Scout and Rogue can skew towards weak compared against Soldier or Noble.

I like FFG's systems, I just don't think I wanna play it. Something that granular combined with the inherent lethality *seems* more tedious than I'd prefer, and I like playing out in the uncharted waters of the timeline so I don't have to worry about 'muh canon'.

I mean, if someone can sell me on it, I'm all ears. As mentioned I do dig FFG's approach to games.
>>
>>50861688
Cool except he's straight up holding an AR-15. I get that Star-Wars blasters are all weirded up real-world firearms, but at least have a shorter mag in or put the scope upside or something.
>>
>>50863101
If FFG is too granular for you, Saga edition is going to be ten times worse.

Hell, your options are pretty much just story games if you can't handle the tiny amount of detail in FFG SW.
>>
>>50863133
I think he means the small numbers form big grains, vs Saga's bigger numbers smaller grains.
>>
>>50863101
Its actually surprisingly hard to kill PC's, you can put them on the deck with stun damage and going under hit points, but for the most part they tend to bounce back eventually unless there's a monster critical hit involved.
In terms of 'power!' the players are a lot more on that human scale of abilities and to some extent, realism compared to the superhero shit that happens in D20 once they get to about level 9-10 and pick up a metric ton of feats that lets them walk through crazy amounts of shit.

As a GM though, its just so much easier to run.
>>
Anyone tried Destiny yet? Anythoughts?

Personally I feel the dice+cards make the game to luck dependent. That and just how many different symbols the dice have you are at a 1/6 chance to get what you really want. Thematically it is really cool, being a character brawl and what not.
>>
>>50863170
This, to a certain extent. Smaller page count on core, among other things.

>>50863133
I like FFG systems, again, I just haven't been in the mood for 'em lately.

>>50863174
>As a GM though, its just so much easier to run.
Elaborate on this. You just talking basic problems with CR or something deeper. Any fan materials deal with opening the scope up a bit?
>>
>>50863201
You don't really need much to open the scope, honestly?

Most of the classes, gear, etc are incredibly vague. There's no reason laminate armour in the GCW can't be laminate armour in the Old Republic, same with the generic blaster stats and etc.

The only issues you'd really have would be with ship stats, which are easy to make up.
>>
>>50862928

According to the Wook they were used as guards and operatives throughout the entire Tarkin Initiative.

So wherever there is advanced weapons research or high-ranking personnel involved in said research you can probably find them.
>>
>>50863201
>Elaborate on this.

>Offload the majority of the dice rolling and incentive to players
>Its extremely quick to make up NPC's/vehicles/weapons etc
>Prep-time is in a couple of hours max for 8hrs play
>Focus on making stories and not just building combat encounters
>No need for miniatures, grids, graphs and shit
>Extremely easy to ad-hoc and make things up on the spot to suit

You can make up an entire settings overview worth of factions, military forces and special characters particular to an era in about a week.
It is a specific role playing game system from the get go, not a miniatures, board or wargame that been fiddled into making it an RPG.
>>
New tie interceptor title what do you guys think?

Tie Interceptor only, title
At the start of combat phase, assign 1 focus token.
When you would receive a stress token roll an attack die. On a hit or crit result, do not receive that token.
2points

wanted to get feed back and another view point on this card.
>>
>>50863865
Makes VI Carnor really damn good. Also helps Turr quite a bit as well. The others, are probably not worth mentioning. Might be interesting on VI Royal guard for 27 points.

I'm not a huge fan of abilities that require rolling dice to work, but that's personal preference. Honestly the free focus for two points is probably enough.

Though I understand you're trying to make it not amazing on Soontir, taking away his stealth device is enough of a drawback I think. Would let four dice attacks have a decent chance of hitting.
>>
>>50862964
I run a game of it for a few friends, so far it's been rather fun. Only d20 game I like. The talent trees system is nice. Love the condition track mechanic. Wouldn't mind talking more about the game, I suppose.
>>
>>50863223
>>50862928

Not just the Tarkin Initiative, but ANY sensitive operation or individual operative in the Empire.

They're the royal guards of Imperial Intelligence.
>>
Am I the only one that wishes for say a star wars ground combat game akin to dropzone commander? Have imperial, scum, and rebel and rebel factions. Get unique ground vehicles say an ACE black AT-AT or someshit for the empire.

God it'd be badass. Get some interplay from all of FFG'S other star wars games too. Say you have a side board of armada? Drop a large template down on the board to help out your team mate or yourself. Have x-wing players establish air supeority and also make ground attack runs.

Forgive me /tg/ for spring just think it'd be a cool idea.
>>
>>50861653
>>50861668
Who's this guy?
>>
>>50862734

Yavin WAS where one of their most important facilities though. The elite of their entire starfighter corps was stationed there, and their starfighter corps was the heart of the Alliance.

Legends material at least implies that once Yavin was forced to be abandoned after New Hope and Echo Base was lost in Empire, the Rebel Fleet was the only significant military asset left under direct Rebel military control (excluding things which belonged officially to Rebel-allied free systems like the Mon Calamari Shipyards). Yeah, Mon Mothma and the political leadership are fine, but when you can't maintain a centralized military command because every time you established a base of operations it gets roasted, you're going to have a hard time keeping a unified Rebel movement under your control. If Yavin had been lost its entirely possible the Alliance would have crumbled into a thousand independent Rebel movements once again.

Of course, that might have given Garm another bite at the proverbial apple, but odds are it would have taken decades if ever to rally another unified galactic Rebellion if the first one disintegrated and the Death Star was running around unchecked.
>>
>>50864493

So, were they droids like the Darktroopers they're obviously based on? Cause they seemed to only communicate through beeps and boops in R1.

Also, are Darktroopers still canon? Cause I always liked them.
>>
>>50864943
>So, were they droids like the Darktroopers they're obviously based on?
Nope, but I'm told they're cyber-augmented.

>Cause they seemed to only communicate through beeps and boops in R1.
Scrambled comms, anon. Automatically decrypted by the comms of team-mates on the same circuit, but all but unbreakable on the battlefield.
>>
>>50864641

So, are you thinking like Imperials specialize in Heavy Armor but have shitty basic troops, Scum have the best Elite Troops and mobility options to represent an "Army of Boba Fetts," angle, and Rebels have the best Air Support? Thats the traditional setup
>>
>>50864982
>Army of Boba Fetts

What are you talking about? Most of a scum army would be random thugs, smugglers and criminals. Or average quality mercenaries on par with rebel troopers.

Stormtroopers have better training and armour that at least somewhat resists weapons, they are going to be outright superior. Any time they are not being ambushed or fighting a main character they tend to slaughter their opponents in the films.
>>
>>50864927
>>50862734
Didn't they address this in an Elseworlds Star Wars series?
>>
>>50863865
I would increase the point cost to 3 and remove the stress part, just look at expertise in comparison since they both fo pretty much the same thing: expertise is worse sinve it gives a focus you can't used while stressed and can only use while attacking, also it costs more. In the end i don't think the TIE/In needs a title to fix it, it's still a very relevant and powerful ship.
>>
>>50862528
Absolutely wrong. Read Star Wars: Bloodlines. In there its stated that the Empire is 100% gone. No remnants, nor anything other than the First Order and the Centrist Senators within the New Republic.

Stop trying to justify Nu-Canon's stupidity. Jesus Christ, I'm willing to bet by the time Episode 8 rolls around you people are going to go 't-he New Republic isn't all dead and conquered by the First Order even though it hasn't been mentioned at all other than being defeated by them, t-the old Imperial Remnant's still around g-guys!'. Pathetic.
>>
>>50865213
Yet there were mentions of a more general non First-Order remnant in the Visual dictionary for TFA And Pablo manages the Visual Dictonaries directly. Bloodlines is probably from a fairly restricted point of view.

>>50865213
>'t-he New Republic isn't all dead and conquered by the First Order even though it hasn't been mentioned at all other than being defeated by them,
Yet Pablo has teased the T-85 X-Wing as looking totally new and different, despite the fact it likely won't be seen much.
>>
Why did Tarkin destroyed the Scarif base at the end of Rogue One ?
From what I understood, its contents were rather precious, and while the situation on ground was a clusterfuck, by the end it was mostly under control...
>>
>>50865270
>Yet there were mentions of a more general non First-Order remnant in the Visual dictionary for TFA And Pablo manages the Visual Dictonaries directly. Bloodlines is probably from a fairly restricted point of view.
I know what you're talking about. That remnant eventually joins the New Republic and composes a majority of the Centrist Party. Later on it secedes and joins the First Order.

>Yet Pablo has teased the T-85 X-Wing as looking totally new and different, despite the fact it likely won't be seen much.
NR Military remnants join the Resistance. Easy.
>>
>>50864493
>>50862928
Stormtroopers are the Waffen SS, Death Troopers are the 1st SS, security and protection for high value targets and.
>>
File: Swm22_spread.png (892KB, 700x903px) Image search: [Google]
Swm22_spread.png
892KB, 700x903px
I know nobody plays Armada, but does anyone else know what the unspoiled cards for the Arquitens are?
>>
>>50865331

They've all been spoiled on the FFG forum for about a week or so now.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/237035-all-the-new-cards-you-want-to-see-right-here/
>>
>>50865213

>Star Wars: Bloodlines

Wookipedia cites several sources, including Bloodlines, which say that Imperial remnants, warlord factions and lone wolf star systems claiming Imperial lineage for their governments existed for all the years between the Concordance and TFA, with few if any of them having ties to the First Order or the Centrist movement. Maybe you're just looking for reasons to hate NUCANON so you're extrapolating out absurd conclusions because they justify your blind rage?

In Legends canon Coruscant fell to the New Republic in 2.5 years, truncating that to one year by making the fragmentation of the remaining government and military much bigger and faster is hardly a huge departure, and that accelerated fragmentation leading to less power and less centralization among the surviving fragments leaving no room for a true Imperial Remnant or other successor state makes plenty of sense. I prefer the old version but your complaints about the new version sound like Youtube Vlog Screed.
>>
>>50865303
Tying up loose ends.

Also so he can be the only guy with a giant disco ball
>>
>>50865438
>Wookipedia cites several sources, including Bloodlines, which say that Imperial remnants, warlord factions and lone wolf star systems claiming Imperial lineage for their governments existed for all the years between the Concordance and TFA, with few if any of them having ties to the First Order or the Centrist movement. Maybe you're just looking for reasons to hate NUCANON so you're extrapolating out absurd conclusions because they justify your blind rage?
Actually read the book before you say bullshit, but okay. We can wait for Episode 8 before you and other hopeless optimists eat your words.
>>
>>50865331
Here you go, anon, two title cards, both on the right.

Hand of Justice seems like a really nice support title that works great with just about any ship (double scatter Gozantis, double bracing ISDs, giving a Needa TRC Arq another reroll, give Vader another token to spend for a reroll, just to name a few ideas).

Centicore is simply just a father reaching Relay 2, except on an Arquitens. Could be useful for getting isolated squadrons back into the fight, or possibly be a Lambda pusher to give them the ability to have a further reach. That said, I don't think these ships should be in the thick of it, but the option is there.
>>
>>50865472

The fucking First Order exists only in the unknown regions and the Centrists only rose to power 6 years before TFA. Even if there are no Remnants left by bloodlines, that book takes place two decades after Endor, and if every one of them either joined the First Order or the Centrists that means they were around for almost 15 years, which is how long it took in Legends for the Imperial Remnant to make peace with the New Republic. What are you even complaining about?

If Bloodlines says there was no Remnants AT ALL after the Concordence was signed and the Battle of Jakku was lost, then the book is wrong. The Concordance specifically pens all remaining Imperial held planets into Ghetto Space where they can't train Stormtroopers and have to pay the New Republic reparations. Why the fuck would the treaty stipulate that if no remnants exist? I know its a radical idea that an EU book might get some details incorrect since that NEVER happened with the old books, but maybe you should consider the possibility.
>>
File: And some other cards too..jpg (518KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
And some other cards too..jpg
518KB, 2048x1152px
>>50865511
>>50865331
Woops, forgot pic.
>>
>>50865521
Bloodlines isn't EU. It's on the same level as the movies. That's the point of nu-canon, there is no extended material. Its all one material. And no, the book can't be wrong because Nu-Canon is 100% one line of events. There is no wiggle room.
>>
>>50865563

So your argument is "These two pieces of information in this unbroken, no-wiggle-room new continuity are obviously contradictory, so I'm going to ignore that contradiction and instead only take the strictest possible interpretation of the information which makes less sense between the two and pretend the other information doesn't exist."

Solid stance.
>>
>>50865616
It isn't contradictory. The surrendered Empire eventually loses ground to the New Republic. It diplomatically gets annexed and joins the New Republic as individual worlds. This is noted to have happened in the first short years after the Concordance. The First Order exists in the Unknown Regions and goes public when NR Centrist systems secede and join it. Why would they join the First Order if there's another Empire hanging around that's moderate and not ran by insane fanatics?

Your canon's dead son, accept it.
>>
>>50865616
Autism mixed with bitter pettiness and petty bitterness make for one hell of a cocktail.
>>
>>50865438
Youtube Blog ADMIRAL Screed?

I personally don't like it since the Coruscant fall was also accompanied with the apparent loss of ALL remaining Executor-Class ships.
>>
>>50865713
>Why would they join the First Order if there's another Empire hanging around that's moderate and not ran by insane fanatics?

Because this is Star Wars so the evil politicians who want to use terrorism and assassination to revive fascism are going to join the extremists rather than the neutered moderates in their space ghettos?
>>
Nearly all the notable Imperial remnants would have already joined/founded the First Order in the Unknown Regions to escape the NR from realizing they're armed. Anything left over would be Imperial sympathizers like the Centrists or other toothless survivors of the GCW. The First Order would be the only real heavily militarized force though. Nothing except political fuckery or hiring proxy groups (as you see in Bloodline) would have survived outside of the Unknown Regions.

It's a better strategy than having everyone disorganized. Though I'm sure there were some Imperial fuckheads after Jakku who tried to "fight" the NR but got slapped down fast. That makes a better case for the FO as well, since it makes the NR complacent and shows that a unified and secret effort is the better way. It's also why I'm fine with keeping the TIEs the same. Even the Star Wars universe has nostalgia, and the look of a TIE sends that feeling to worlds who do miss the Empire.
>>
>>50865744
I wish they hadn't kept the big target solar panels and had made them angled like the Interceptor/Advanced even for the basic model.

The black paint job and the tail gunner and other advancements were all neato though. Felt like a real attempt to update an inferior design to hold its ground without giving up the symbolism it represented.
>>
>>50865744
Finally words of truth instead of hopeless optimism: 'yeah we can have all our canons in one big hunky dory mashup. weow'

You can have them, in headcanons and alternate universes, but its pure fact that the First Order is the only surviving Imperial faction in nu-canon.
>>
>>50865744
>keeping the TIEs the same

There is nothing wrong with TIE Fighters. They benefit greatly from veteran pilots who know how to use their strengths and weaknesses, and as we've seen time and again, it isn't the craft thats to blame, its the inferior tactics and inferior pilots that make TIE's so terrible.

First Order TIE's are improved without ruining whats already great about TIE fighters
>easy to make
>cheap to produce
>very fast
>very agile
>well armed
>>
>>50865795

So what do you imagine happened on all those planets in the Mid-Rim and Expansion Regions the Concordance designated as Imperial territory in the fifteen years between the Concordance and the rise of the Centrists as a political party, or for that matter then ten years between Bloodlines and Force Awakens? Did the Imperials put up cardboard cutouts at their windows and pillows under their sheets so the Republic wouldn't notice they were gone to the Unknown Regions?

We know for a fact that the New Republic does not have all of the territory of either the Old Republic or Empire under its umbrella. We know that by Force Awakens the First Order is STILL a fringe movement out in nowhere land, which means in the ten years between Bloodlines and TFA the Centrists still have not seceded. I mean, how many dots do I have to connect here? They may be weak, nearly powerless, nearly disarmed and completely fragmented, but Imperial remnants in the central parts of the galaxy HAVE to still exist, which means if Bloodlines says they don't, or worse that they ceased to exist entirely within a year of Endor, then the book has to be mistaken. Use some basic fucking logic.
>>
>>50865827

Well, the ease of their target profile thanks to their panels is a pretty huge weakness of the craft itself. There's a reason that the basic TIE was in the process of being phased out in favor of the Int as the backbone fighter of the Navy. The Empire just didn't survive long enough to finish the transition.
>>
>>50865856
There are other powers mentioned, which include Hutt Space and the Corporate Sector.

> Did the Imperials put up cardboard cutouts at their windows and pillows under their sheets so the Republic wouldn't notice they were gone to the Unknown Regions?
No, the ones that stayed directly joined the New Republic. It's stated so in Bloodlines.

>which means if Bloodlines says they don't, or worse that they ceased to exist entirely within a year of Endor, then the book has to be mistaken. Use some basic fucking logic.
But logic doesn't matter here. Yeah, nu-canon isn't logical because it makes the Empire fall within a single year, but it's also canon that that's what happens. It's fucking stated in a book that's CONFIRMED by the Story Group to be on the same level of importance as the PT, OT, TCW, Rebels and Sequels.
>>
>>50865869

That can be overcome by rolling to change your profile
>>
>>50861672
Ask yourself, are jango fett clones really useful for their cost or were they fighting against the one enemy they were insanely well placed to fight, droids.

Anyway, the empire still uses cloning but to a much more limited amount.
>>
>>50865870

>But logic doesn't matter here. Yeah, nu-canon isn't logical because it makes the Empire fall within a single year, but it's also canon that that's what happens.

This is your problem. You're assuming laziness and stupidity because you want that to be the case. I'm not citing any evidence in my points that are outside the nucanon material, I'm making safe and logical assumptions to fill in the holes, which is what people did with the old canon for decades.

You act like the original movies are completely devoid of world building gaffs or plotholes. They got filled in by a little critical thinking and time because people weren't making it their mission in life to declare the franchised ruined every time they found one. You don't want to fill in the holes, you want to plant a flag in the holes so everyone can see them and everyone will agree with your bitter view that New Things Are Always Bad.

Yes, the statement that all Imperial Remnants were gone within a year of Endor at the same time as Jakku/Concordance is an absurd statement. We can either assume STAR WARS IS RUINED BY THIS GAFF or we can accept that its a partially inaccurate statement and move on, thinking logically about what the probable reality is. I prefer the option that isn't the mark of a total dickweed.
>>
>>50865876

If your only concern is 1 on 1 dogfighting, sure. At the strategic level is can only be seen as an objective design flaw, one which was corrected by the changes to the panel designs for the Advance, Bomber, Defender, Interceptor and many other TIE variants.

Also I don't know if I would agree with that "heavily armed," note from your earlier post. The basic TIE has by far the weakest armament of any of its peers. One-directional and only two emitters with no alternative fire options or secondary armaments? Weak sauce, even compared with the A-Wing and other lightly armed fighters.
>>
File: TIEFOfighter-Fathead.png (1MB, 1130x1340px) Image search: [Google]
TIEFOfighter-Fathead.png
1MB, 1130x1340px
>>50865990
>"heavily armed,"

I said Well Armed, and in this case, I was referring to the TIE\fo, which apparently has paired medium laser cannons, fore and aft, along with missiles and something called "mag pulses" (which the wook doesn't list for some reason) - It apparently also has Shields (according to the wook, and the VD)
>>
>>50866033
You're sure you're not talking about the TIE/sf, anon?
>>
File: FOSpecForcesTIE1-Fathead.png (615KB, 788x950px) Image search: [Google]
FOSpecForcesTIE1-Fathead.png
615KB, 788x950px
>>50866046
>TIE/sf

Whoops, I am actually.
>>
>>50866033

Ah, sorry, I thought you were only referring to the basic Imperial era TIE. Agreed that the weapon upgrades to the First Order model are significant and make it a serious contender. I stand by the complant about those big bull's-eyes it keeps on its wingtips though
>>
File: tfavd.jpg (168KB, 712x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfavd.jpg
168KB, 712x720px
>>50866046

But even baseline TIE\fo's are listed with shields, so there is that, even if they don't have the extra guns,
>>
>>50866077
Which honestly doesn't matter much, because the First Order put all the time and effort to make their army into slightly shinier mooks that lost to a thirty ship squadron which they outnumbered four to one, even with ground support.
>>
File: 1399834663389.jpg (411KB, 1500x940px) Image search: [Google]
1399834663389.jpg
411KB, 1500x940px
>>50866071
>I stand by the complant about those big bull's-eyes it keeps on its wingtips though

Its a mark against it, but no starfighter is perfect. Interceptors are considerably better, at a higher cost in production and pilot training, which is why they never did completely replace the baseline TIE.

The TIE is almost completely analogous to the A6M2 Zero, specifically the early Naval models before the need to address their issues became apparent - maybe even closer to the early model Ki-43's instead
>>
>>50866100
>maybe even closer to the early model Ki-43's instead

Totally. Those didn't even have cannon, they just had Hirohito's patented 7mms.
>>
File: 1410461749807.jpg (145KB, 499x643px) Image search: [Google]
1410461749807.jpg
145KB, 499x643px
>>50866121

They did have layered rubber sealing fuel tanks, which is something Zero's didn't have, but if War Thunder is anything to go on, it didn't stop the things from sucking bullets and harsh language into the engine and converting it to fire.

But I digress.

One of the most telling aspects of the TIE being a genuinely good Starfighter is that veteran pilots tend to get the most out of them, and do really well even against more advanced starfighters - notably examples are anytime in the books where Wedge, Tycho, etc, gets into a TIE and tends to fly circles around people without as much flying skill.
>>
>>50866121
Pretty amazing that the Ki-43s were so succesful with such a pitiful armament. I mean damn
>>
>>50865733
What about SSD Reaper?
>>
>>50863183
>Personally I feel the dice+cards make the game to luck dependent.
Have you played it though? Most of the use of the cards is dice manipulation and dice control. It's crucial that you stack your deck with cards sufficient to manipulate your own and your opponent's dice.
>>
The update today on Carrie Fisher's condition is that there's no update.

That's really bad news - that means she's still unresponsive and bring kept alive by a ventilator.

Darth Leia?

2016 just couldn't let us go without taking one more from us.
>>
>>50865934
Listen, a lot of people didn't like the Vong in Legends so they headcanon them away. It didn't mean they weren't in the Legends timeline. A lot of people don't like the Empire falling so quickly in Nu-Canon, it doesn't mean it didn't fall quickly.
>>
File: EOTE Searcher Droid.png (165KB, 461x461px) Image search: [Google]
EOTE Searcher Droid.png
165KB, 461x461px
/swg/ is really good and I appreciate you all a lot, happy holidays you massive dweebs
>>
>>50866705
Happy Life Day
>>
File: 20161225_090636.jpg (5MB, 3024x2879px) Image search: [Google]
20161225_090636.jpg
5MB, 3024x2879px
Anyone els get SW related gifts
>>
>>50866775
>se, assign 1 focus token.
>When you would receive a
Not really, but I'm gonna see Rogue One with my brother tonight.
>>
File: season's greetings.jpg (339KB, 700x1146px) Image search: [Google]
season's greetings.jpg
339KB, 700x1146px
>>50866705
SEASON'S GREETINGS
>>
>>50866775
vader and storm trooper themed PJs, a t-shirt depicting the saber clash between vader and luke from ESB, a toy TIE s/f and Inquisitor TIE.
>>
>>50866786
>not saying "Dark Greetings"
Clearly not a real Imperial.
>>
>>50866832
>not hoping Trioculus slides down your waste vent bearing life day gifts
>>
File: SDSD freudian nightmare.jpg (1MB, 2240x1320px) Image search: [Google]
SDSD freudian nightmare.jpg
1MB, 2240x1320px
>>
File: IMG_20161225_105344_885.jpg (1MB, 2125x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161225_105344_885.jpg
1MB, 2125x1836px
>>50866775

I got this beauty, a character encyclopedia, and some star wars underwear/socks/pjs. I got ÂŁ100 that Im gonna use to buy some more goodies for X-wing as well. Not sure what though. I want Heroes of The Resistance, but I feel like getting a second falcon immediately after getting one as a gift is a little disrespectful. Definitely gonna grab an E Wing and a T70 though
>>
>>50866852
Does he have a speeder pulled by eight tiny Grand Moffs?
>>
>>50866864
>Wilhuff the red nosed Grandmoff
>>
File: authentic-imperial-guard-helmet.jpg (349KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
authentic-imperial-guard-helmet.jpg
349KB, 1750x2500px
>>50866876
>had a very shiny helm...
>>
>>50866775
The Lords of the Sith novel, a Star Wars cookbook, Timeline Star Wars (a card game where you have to sort movie scenes in chronological order), the lightsaber thumb wrestling book (pretty fun when you're drunk off wine and champagne), the first volume of the Poe Dameron comic, and a LEGO kit (Senate Commandos).
Damn if it doesn't sound nerdy as fuck. But I don't care.
>>
>>50866892
Who bought you this stuff anon? That's a pretty nice haul, I'm jealous.
>>
>>50866890
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows
All of the other Grandmoffs
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Wilhuff
Join in any Empire games
>>
File: LifeDay-MOTESB.png (933KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
LifeDay-MOTESB.png
933KB, 700x600px
>>50866927
Well thanks anon. Half of it is from my friends (we have a tradition to celebrate christmas together every year), the other half from my family.
I hope you had a happy Life Day with your family!
>>
>>50866775
I bought myself tons of x wing goods, does it count?
>>
>>50867061

Geez she really was high as a kite throughout the Holiday special wasn't she?
>>
File: AWing.jpg (1MB, 2800x1500px) Image search: [Google]
AWing.jpg
1MB, 2800x1500px
>>50866855
Rebel Aces pack will net you some good stuff, but EWing and T70 are both good options if you want to fly an upgraded Falcon and one ace pilot.
>>
>>50861532
Happy lifeday everyone! I got a pair of light-up lightsaber chopsticks and a darth vader punching bag for Christmas amongst other things. How was your day?
>>
>>50867383

Rebel Aces was my second purchase for XMG, Ive gotten a lot of mileage out of it

Im not sure what to pair with the Falcon, Im looking at some theme matches with my buddy since he has the Slave 1. Top contenders are Han and three z95s versus Boba and three academy pilots, and Han+Luke versus Boba+Vader
>>
>>50867383
This image makes me curious on the original A-Wing the Alliance had before stripping them of everything. In Rebels we see them struggle against TIEs and Interceptors despite having shields and missiles.
>>
>>50861778
Keep in mind that you have to pay for the 10 years clones take to reach maturity. where they're not actually doing anything, whereas if you draft Jim Bob Antilles from Jackasstooine, you can train him to point his blaster in the right direction in like a few months at most and not have to pay to raise him or feed him until he's actually in service. And then he's also not going to be aged to uselessness in like 10 years but can kept around as a reservist.
>>
/swag/, tell me of your force and destiny character backgrounds. I'm completely out of ideas for a character and why he would be trying to learn about the force.
>>
>>50868094
>Jim Bob Antilles from Jackasstooine

I would totally play this character.
>>
>>50868429
>Hi, my name is Billy Darklighter and this is Jackasstooine
>>
>>50868452
>today on Jackasstooine, join us as we staple our balls to a bantha
>>
>>50864982

Imperial would be a jack of all trades faction. Throwaway troops and vehicles mixed in with great vehicles and crack troops. A Swiss army knife on the table. Weak air support however that is easily countered.

Rebels would be a guerrilla warfare faction. Lots of shitty infantry with a few highly elite units. Able to set up ambushes across the table in the form of stealthy units and traps. Air support is damn good. Vehicles would be a mix bag. Oldies but goodies from the clone wars mixed with technicals.

Scum... scum are gonna scum.
>>
>>50861672
Old cannon had the template breaking down due to many clones of clones and Fett's corpse was stolen after Geonosis.
>>
>>50865303
Tying up loose ends, but also magnifying the supposed threat to make himself look better for dealing with it. "Of course I had to blow it all up, I was taking out an entire rebel army!"
>>
>>50864927

Yavin had all of thirty starfighters (sixty before Scarrif) a few transports and anywhere from a few hundred to maybe a few thousand soldiers. Hoth seemed to be about the same. ISIS has more firepower (relative to the tech level at least) than that and they operate on a single planet, not a galaxy. That's why no matter how many times it's repeated I can't buy the narrative that those bases were all-critical to the survival of the rebellion.

They did provide a useful meeting place for the political and military leadership to all meet face-to-face and were probably useful in launching surgical strikes of Spec-Ops and elite starfighter squadrons into nearby sectors so there loss would provide a blow in that respect but hardly a crippling one in any way I can see. The rebel fleet alone provided a large strategic nerve center where various rebel leaders could still meet and coordinate the Force-knows-how-many lesser rebel cells throughout the galaxy.
>>
File: Eclipse14.jpg (184KB, 1248x496px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse14.jpg
184KB, 1248x496px
>>50865733
>>50866370

Supposedly there's a SSD named 'Eclipse' still out there. The Wook lists it as Executer-class but that might just be extrapolation from existing NuCanon SSDs and not yet hard-and-irreversible fact, so there is a slight possibility that this motherfucker shows up again (perhaps in FO hands; Snoke will need a crazy flagship).
>>
>>50868778
Speaking fo ssd's isn't the ravaged still around? Haven't read the rest of the new aftermath books.
>>
>>50868808
anon, what do you think that ssd they flew through in TFA was
>>
>>50868364
>family member was a Force pilgrim like the ones on Jedha
>character decides to become a pilgrim and begins visiting ancient Force temples. Maybe get a little kyber crystal to help you focus
>>
Why even CONSIDER running a game in d20 when SWd6 exists?
>>
File: Hammerhead_corvette.png (175KB, 450x278px) Image search: [Google]
Hammerhead_corvette.png
175KB, 450x278px
>>50868452
>>50868555

>Hi, I'm Admiral Raddus
>And I'm Captain Oquoné
>And this is 'Star Destroyer Katamari'
>>
>>50868950

A resurgence class star destroyer? That was not an SSD.

I believe to correct myself earlier after a little research it was brought down on jakku.
>>
>>50869279

He means the one Rey flies through in the Falcon while still on Jakku.

Which is the result of the crash you mentioned.
>>
In edge of the empire when I take a specialization can I still upgrade the previous tree?
>>
Speaking of the Finalizer, I noticed on a recent rewatch there is a pan shot of TIE/FOs or SFs docked on the outer deck of the ship, just chilling on the lower hull.

How much must THAT squadron assignment suck, you have to go OUTSIDE to get to your fighter.
>>
>>50869289

I'm a doofus. Sorry anons!
>>
>>50869408
Probably not that bad. Their suits are seem to be EVA safe. Just a little walk to your shielded death bubble and off you go.
>>
>>50869137
D6 has some of the same issues that plague FFG. It's a clean break and theoretically easier to get into when your average player comes from a dnd background.
>>50869387
Yes, all you do is unlock something new, you don't lock something out in return.
>>
>>50865511
Hand of Justice looks good for defensive, long range combat. Centicore looks good for a pseudo carrier.
>>
>>50869453
>D6 has some of the same issues that plague FFG.

Which are?
>>
>>50866775
I got an Armada playmat and some shirts. If using gift cards to buy stuff counts, then I'm going to buy some Armada stuff from Amazon.
>>
>>50868659

They go into this, in legends at least.

Mon Mothma split up the main rebel forces, with the fleet and the rulers being in two different locations. The idea was that the Rebellion could survive the loss of either their fleet or their leadership, but not both. They only joined up for the endgame at Endor.

The bases on Yavin and Hoth served as the nervous center of the Rebellion. Its military force was ultimately small, but that's not what either were for either. In real world terms it's more like they were the Rebellion's Pentagon and White House wrapped into one.
>>
>>50869830

That's more or less what I figured. The question then becomes why they would need the liability of a stationary base in the first place when they have the fleet. You have no option but to evacuate when detected where as ships can at least make a run for ihyperspace. The only reason I can see for using a planetary base over a shipboard one is large-scale infrastructure (food and supply storage for troops, drydocks and fuel for ships) but there's no indication of such facilities at either Yavin or Hoth and the lack of a large-scale force stationed at or even passing through either further suggests they don't exist.
>>
>>50865827
I doubt the FO tie fighter is cheap. They added everything too it, from shields to life support. Replacing them must be a pain too.
>>
>>50869543
none of the dice have 20 sides :^)
>>
>>50870472
they're probably still relatively cheap.
The mini game is not that great at judging costs, but they're cheaper than an A-wing or interceptor.
Not the cheapest possible thing, but still fairly cheap.
>>
>>50870057
Well, the rebels definitely had a shortage of capital ships. Their big ships couldn't really support the fleet of smaller ships in terms of maintenance. Also, I think their fixed bases served as waypoints and safe ports for operations, supplies, and communications moving around that part of the galaxy.
>>
>>50870057
I'm guessing, but I'm pretty sure that providing for life support on ships is much more taxing than on a base on even a planet like Hoth.
Repairs and refits of fighters are probably also easer to do, as the capital ships did not have a lot of hanger space, unlike the empire.

ISDs are mobile seige bases, rebel craft are not.

>no indication of such facilitiies on either Yavin or endor
So the hanger bays, the stack of supplies, medical centers, not indicators of those?
And we're only shown the places the characters are acting, warehouses or whatever could easily be in the background.
>>
>>50870057
Think about it this way: the number of proper capital ships in the rebel fleet is small, and dedicating one of those ships (likely one of the larger ones) to acting as base for HIGHCOM would take it off the line, which they cannot afford at all, and sending a ship with HIGHCOM aboard into a mission is beyond stupid. But, what they *can* spare are the resources for a couple of hidden bunkers on a world DEEP out in fuck-nowhere, which is theoretically more secure anyways
>>
Do AnCaps exist in the Star Wars Universe?
>>
>>50871178
No.
>>
>>50871178
they're called Hutts.
>>
Well. Carrie Fisher's mother just said on Twitter that Carrie was in "stable condition" (this time for real). From what I understand it just means that she's not actively dying, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>50871304
Link it.
>>
>>50871335

Not him but you can just check any major news site.

For whatever it might be worth, it should be noted that the message probably didn't come from Reynolds directly but rather whoever runs her social media.
>>
>>50871304
She has to survive about a week, so that 2016 can't take another life.
>>
>>50871481
And then she'll be the first casualty of 2017 and take two more with her?
>>
>>50871481

It would still be on 2016's hands.

It's like how if you beat someone to within an inch of their life and they die weeks later in the hospital they can upgrade the charges from assault to murder.
>>
>>50871481
She'll live until her people decide to pull the plug
>>
>>50871452
I'm going to but wouldn't have been easier for him to post a link while saying good news about Carrie.
>>
So what ship would an Imperial Captain travel in, from the Core worlds somewhere in the mid-outer rim, where he will arrive to take command at a capital ship of some kind. Hitch hike with some larger vessesl? Are the space lanes safe enough to make it on a lambda?
Also hoping for something that's decently sized enough for a pirate gang to attack with decent odds
>>
>>50871335
https://twitter.com/DebbieReynolds1/status/813112672002723841
>>
>>50871649
Thank you sir.
>>50871558
Great pessimism there friend
>>
File: Imperial_arq_2.jpg (763KB, 1920x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_arq_2.jpg
763KB, 1920x1116px
>>50871615
Most likely something like a Light Cruiser. Fast, relatively small and quick. Getting you from place to place in a way that's not as vulnerable as a tiny shuttle like a Lambda.
>>
>>50871718
Not a bad idea. Do you think an imperial light cruiser is basicly equal to a CR-90 in terms of armament? I note the wiki is a bit light on details
>>
>>50871854

I'd need to double check the CR-90, but IIRC the Imperial Arquitens is like, probably two dorsal quad turbos and then that shot looks like a ventral quad turbo - and it holds a single flight of TIEs as escort.
>>
>>50861737
Also the fact that the main template was unable to provide more material, due to a case of deadness, and they get a few other lines going to help in certain things, but not a full army of them. Like Baron Fel was cloned as he was an ace pilot.
>>
>>50871854
I'd say significantly more than a single CR-90, but would be hard pressed to deal with two CR-90s.
Of course, it does come with TIEs, so those could even the odds.
>>
Why do all sith try to take over the galaxy or something so ambitious?
How comfy wouldn't it be to go to a lawless corner of the galaxy and become a petty warlord ruling over a planet of force blind peasants?
>>
>>50865022
I have it. Vader starts training Leia, Luke ends up starting to fall to evil, ends up on Dagobah early, and 5 years after training with Yoda, they strike, Yoda taking the Death Star on a joyride into Coruscant after using the laser to take out part of the fleet.
>>
>>50872086
If a Sith isn't trying to be as powerful as he can, he's not a true Sith and he deserves to die. That's the Sith philosophy.

That being said, I'm sure there are some dark side users who ended up as petty warlords. But that's not what the Sith want.
>>
File: 1479483962146.jpg (673KB, 1800x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1479483962146.jpg
673KB, 1800x1078px
>>50866775
I got Armada core set, plus a Gladiator, Phoenix home and a pack each of Imp/Reb Starfighters.

Should be enough for me a couple of buddies to give it a good testing, work out if it's for us.
>>
>>50866775
gave a Dearth Vader tie and Han's DL-17 squirt gun to my folks.
>>
>>50872118

Oh yeah, doesn't Yoda kill billions of civilians?
>>
>>50872180
yep, collision of big fucking space station does that.
>>
File: 1482460187728.jpg (82KB, 760x766px) Image search: [Google]
1482460187728.jpg
82KB, 760x766px
Is Jyn best girl now?
>>
>>50872086
I actually had the concept of a Sith absolutely fascinated with the Jedi becoming "One With The Force". Sure you had powerful Sith Lords such as Darth Plagueis able to extend their life to the point where they may well have been immortal, but as far as anyone knew, that ended with Plagueis being killed by his apprentice.

Meanwhile most of the Ancient Sith Lords were "petty wraiths desperately clinging to scraps of their former glory."

The Sith I had in mind desired to learn the secrets of The Jedi to become "one" with The Force, but perverted the concept of it in hopes that rather than being "one" with the force, he could exist in some spiritual form as a pseudo "force god".

Essentially he wanted to be able to not just have an afterlife, but grow so powerful in The Force that he could continue plotting and manipulating the galaxy after his death.
>>
>>50871615
A journey like that might well have several phases: in the core he's on a civilian commercial transport, something similar to a GR75. Approaching the borders of space assessed as less than secure he routes to a military outpost.

There, without political connections, he probably has to wait for a vessel going in his direction; perhaps a supply convoy made up of freighters, transports & shuttles with an older model VSD guarding it.

The convoy takes a winding route, shedding and gaining ships along the way at it's various destinations. Finally the officer reaches the starbase where he can wait for his ship/his ship is waiting for him.
>>
>>50872259
She ded
>>
>>50872261
Maybe he could go as far as thinking earthly matters like controlling the galaxy are irrelevant.
I mean who cares about the galaxy if you're a literal god, ruling some mortals wont make you any stronger.
>>
>>50866775
I got Armada, an Imperial Class, a Gladiator, and the first squadron pack.

Anyone have suggestions on what sorts of fleets I can put together with that or are there any other expansion packs I really need that would round out a list nicely?
>>
So is it too early to start talking about Armada Wave VI?
>>
>>50866775

Armada core set, Rogues and Villians, and the Falcon for X-Wing
>>
>>50872411
Everyone talks about Demolisher title on the Gladiator and Motti as your Admiral: he's from the VSD pack so see if you can proxy cards I should think.
>>
>>50872511
What Imperial ships should we expect in the next wave?

I imagine the trend of smaller, more specialized ships will continue.

Imperial Nebulon B when?
>>
>>50872785

Hammerhead pls
>>
Hello /swg/

My birthday's just after the new year and I'd like some Star Wars gifts. Armada sounds fun and I like the idea of fleet commanding.

Is this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Fighter-Squadrons-Expansion/dp/B01MFC7ELY
the core game? Should I look to get something else?

Thank you.
>>
>>50872583
I should be able to proxy for casual games at least. The VSD not a great investment beyond the cards?
>>
>>50872816
It is, yeah. You can get it 60% off right now though on coolstuff. Sale ends tonight though if I remember right.
>>
>>50871481

Hate to break it to ya bud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862

Not star wars related though
>>
>>50871615
I imagine he would simply hitch a ride on whichever navy ships are heading out that way
>>
>>50872799
Rebel scum.

What would the upgrades on that be?

>>50872816
Yes friendo, that is the core set. I also recommend picking up some smaller ships for Imps, like a couple of Gladiators or Raiders, and either the Rogues and Villians or your faction's Fighter expansion.
>>
>>50872411
Honestly? Darth Vader is pretty good. If you have a spare victory, rock a vsd 2, isd 2, demolisher and some tie defence and just rock some motherfuckers with superior firepower.
>>
>>50872825
Not from what I can tell, besides you have 2 classic star destoryers already. The Raider, Gozanti and artqitens all look of interest though: alot of lists use Squadrons as very important damage dealers and small carriers are good for this.

It also seems like your opponent having alot more activations than you is really bad: helps them outmanoeuvre already lumbering imperial ships and play initiative tricks to get multiple shots before fleeing your retribution: small ships supporting the big capital ships will help with both of these.
>>
>>50866775
I got four Star Wars t-shirts, Christmas Star Wars fridge magnets, and a Nixon brand Star Wars watch (that I'm returning, the face is too small).

I got my girlfriend a Scarif/Rogue One-themed scarf.
>>
>>50872850
>>50872864
Thanks anons! I would pick up some extra ships but I'd like to make sure I enjoy the game before fully investing.
>>
Hey /swg/
The Tzeench Voidship gave me an idea on something to put on an adventure, but I need some lore advice:
Could force-related fuckery warp time? The PCs would visit what they think is a derelict spaceship. Then they delve deeper and when they reach the bridge suddenly they're in the Old Republic.
>>
>>50872511

Gimme a hammerhead plz. In x-wing and armada plz.

Imps can get... idfk imp shit I guess.
>>
File: x-wings trench run.jpg (216KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
x-wings trench run.jpg
216KB, 1920x816px
>>50872259
Negative. Real best girl is still the T-65.
>>
>>50872871
Vader just seems so expensive, but he does have natural synergy with the Devastator which makes sense. Its also nice that I can just run that now without needing anything else at the moment. Thanks.

>>50872933
The Raider and Arquitens are cool I guess but I'm a bit iffy on the gozanti. How many ships should I be shooting for in a list?
>>
>>50865731
True that.
>>
>>50866370
Reaper's a Legends ship,
>>
>>50866775
A kind anon on /swco/ bought me saw and bf2
>>
>>50872259
If she had been cast with a good actress, maybe. Aside from the whole ded thing.
>>
>>50873457
Her actress was good, just a relative unknown.
>>
>>50873515
Not really. The acting for the overall movie was really underwhelming but Jyn and Cassian really ruined it by not being able to be likable or emoting more than Jyn flashing her fucking buck teeth every time she opened her mouth.
But hey, if Marvel wants to make that Squirrel Girl movie, Disney has her contact info.
>>
If I get the raider and arquitens I could go with the following Vader list, not sure if its good or not.

Assault Objective: Opening Salvo
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[ flagship ] Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer
- Darth Vader
- Devastator
- Expanded Hangar Bay

Gladiator I-Class Star Destroyer
- Demolisher
- Rapid Reload

Raider-I Class Corvette
- Impetuous
- Ruthless Strategists

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser
- Captain Needa

"Howlrunner"
5 TIE Fighter Squadrons
>>
File: 20161225194205_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161225194205_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>50872785
I would like to see a strike cruiser or carrack for imps. I doubt either of those will return to Star Wars though. Would be cool if they got a revamp.
>>
>>50873553
Well I happened to like them and their acting, and thought they did a fine job but you're allowed to disagree. Also her physical attributes have nothing to do with her acting and aren't really a reason to shit on her character, you don't like teeth, so fucking what, I don't like Daisy Ridley's lack of boobage but i'm not gonna shit on her or Rey for that.
>>
>>50873431
eaw*
>>
File: 1452561993869.jpg (971KB, 2442x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1452561993869.jpg
971KB, 2442x1334px
Why is she so beautiful? I can't really explain it but I'm really attracted to her
>>
File: OhShitLancer.png (37KB, 1035x308px) Image search: [Google]
OhShitLancer.png
37KB, 1035x308px
While we're talking Armada, would this be a good stand-in for a Lancer frigate?

Raider-II
- Impetuous Title
- Gunnery Team
- Quad-Laser Turrets

Have i understood the rules correctly that Impetuous + Gunnery Team means i can fire three times from the same facing but the two first ones may not target the same squadron(s)?
>>
File: luke-xwing-helmet.jpg (443KB, 1502x1143px) Image search: [Google]
luke-xwing-helmet.jpg
443KB, 1502x1143px
>>50861532

Need some creative ideas for X/Y-Wing helmet art.
>>
>>50873867
>>
>>50873146

There's no real gold standard for ships in a list, although activation advantage can be important in timing your maneuvers and attacks. Gozantis go a long way towards helping the Imp lists with this.
>>
>>50873604

It'll never happen, but imagine how many dice a Lancer-class frigate could throw on anti-squadron.
>>
>>50873111
T-65 title for xwm when?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 432x576px
>>50873723
You're flying too close to the Sun with that girl anon I don't want you to get hurt
>>
>>50873867
This would make a cool color pattern for a Y-Wing helmet
>>
>>50873929
Two blue, title that lets you count crits as hits.
Another title that you can make both attacks as anti squadron from the same facing.
Third title, you 'counter' all squadron attacks with a blue die.
>>
>>50872534

MC-75 with Raddus and Hammerhead for rebels.

For Imperials, I don't know. Resurgent-class Star Destroyer as the first Armada 'Epic' ship?
>>
>>50873573

Alright you're new, but this goes for everyone since I've seen a couple of people post Armada fleets with this problem.

If you have a big ship with a single brace and a defensive retrofit slot (ISD IIs, MC80s for now), take ECM. Always. You cannot afford to have your brace locked down every time you take a big attack.

If you have an ISD I you should take Tua and then ECM.

Also, with Glads, ordinance experts. Your black dice will whiff at the worst moment. Vader isn't a good enough equivalent. They come with the Raider and MC30.

Also pick up some flotillas. Two Gozantis do wonders in pushing your TIE swarm around.

It's great that more people are looking into Armada or picking up core sets for Christmas. It's a fun game. Any newbies who want to ask questions of someone whose been playing since release, I'll be hanging around the thread tonight.
>>
File: 1474744863158.jpg (62KB, 800x788px) Image search: [Google]
1474744863158.jpg
62KB, 800x788px
>>50873867
>>
>>50873773
>Have i understood the rules correctly that Impetuous + Gunnery Team means i can fire three times from the same facing but the two first ones may not target the same squadron(s)?

Last time I checked AA fire attacks EVERYBODY in that arc of fire, so no. But on the other hand you COULD attack normally in that arc and THEN fire your Anti-Squadron dice in the same facing.
>>
>>50861672

Vulnerable to bioweapons. Ethics divergence.
>>
>>50874105
From the Learn to Play pdf:
>When a ship attacks a squadron, it can perform one attack against each squadron inside the firing arc and at attack range of the attacking hull zone. Each attack is resolved separately.
>>
>>50873431
You ever fix your modding path?
>>
>>50873956

When Blue Squadron/Partisan paint scheme aces pack comes out.

>>50873111

What if we put Jyn in a T-65?
>>
>>50874024
>>50874024
How much money does it take to spend on a decent size fleet that you can play with?

How much for a fleet that you an a buddy can share?

Can you fight empire on empire(for instance)?

How do you find people to play with?

What's the most fun ship/ship combo?
>>
Would anybody want to try to get together a Sins of a Galactic Empire game, maybe this coming weekend?
>>
>>50874456
>>50873956

We also have a legit title variance in the canon now, some of the Xs at Scariff were identified as C-A2 models in the visual dictionary.
>>
>>50874328
I never got Battlefront Commander to work but Thrawns Revenge works fine.
>>
>>50874105

Gotta love Raiders for AA duty. Impetuous makes rebel scum cry.
>>
File: x-wings blue sky.jpg (150KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
x-wings blue sky.jpg
150KB, 1280x800px
>>50874456
>What if we put Jyn in a T-65?
The T-65 still reigns supreme but Jyn's presence has no effect on the T-65's best-ness. It's the same sort of non-effect you'd get from putting Thrawn in the cockpit of an A-wing.
>>
>>50872259

I thought that like Daisy Ridley, she was an excellent actress. Very similar characters, but the fact that she wasn't written as a Mary Sue made a huge difference. 30x better IMO.

Leia remains Best Girl of all time though. TIE/ad Avenger remains my shipfu.
>>
>>50874509
I'm torn, because the t-65 does not need more pilots, and so I don't want it to get another 'aces' expansion.
But it so needs a title or 2. And I want Rogue Squadron members to get cards.

However, scum aces first. Full stop.
Starviper and kihraxz figher.

>>50874677
Thrawn in armada when?
>>
>>50874755
>Thrawn in armada when?
Thrawn commander, Pellaeon officer and a ISD Chimaera title would e cool as balls. Perhaps make Thrawn synergise with ISDs and Interdictors
>>
>>50874024
394/400

Commander: General Tagge

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery
Defense Objective: Jamming Barrier
Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory

- General Tagge
- Relentless
- Minister Tua
- Electronic Countermeasures
- X17 Turbolasers
- Leading Shots

- Ordnance Experts
- Medical Team
= 61 total ship cost

- Ordnance Experts
- Medical Team

Gozanti-class Cruisers

Gozanti-class Cruisers

2 TIE Fighter Squadrons
1 "Howlrunner"
1 "Mauler" Mithel
2 TIE Interceptor Squadrons

This does feel way better but its also a lot of stuff I don't have. No wonder way fewer people play compared to X-Wing, it seems way less accessible and the secondary market is missing certain cards entirely. Anyway how does this look now?
>>
>>50874724
Rey isn't a Mary Sue for fuck's sake, i wish this meme would end, read the Wook or go to the Wook and find the canon sources therein and read the things that explain all of Rey's life, for fuck's sake, .
>>
>>50871908
Wookiepedia has the Republican Arquitens armed with two twin Light TLs per broadside, two concussion-missile tubes per broadside, and four quad medium laser-cannons (two dorsal, two ventral).

I haven't seen much of Rebels to compare them, but from the webms I've seen here, the Imperial Arquitens have only ever used their quad-lasers on-screen. No idea if that's just for RL reasons (lack of animation budget), for plot reasons (to keep the added firepower from killing Our Heroes), or for actual in-universe reasons (because someone decided to remove them during refits between Order 66 and the timeframe of Rebels).
>>
>>50874755

T-65 doesn't necessarily need more unique pilots, but it only has the generics, a 2 and a 4, no EPT. Some of her uniques could use an EPT too, or maybe more uniques with EPTs.
>>
>>50874813
Chimera title adds proton torpedoes?
>>
>>50874886
rogue squadron aces
t-65 and y wing
t-65 generic with EPT, 1-2 titles, rogue squadron uniques.
y-wing with new title or unique mod, EPT options.

After scum aces of course.
>>
>>50874898
the new fleet command slot.
>>
>>50874864

If the quads are supposed to be medium laser cannons, we need to have a talk with somebody in the sound department, because I recall them sounding pretty beefy. IIRC the broadsides are removed in the Imperial version for additional escape pods or something to that effect.

If we're discussing this for scenario purposes, I'd say minimum they have to be quad heavy lasers if not re-including the broadside turbos. The purpose of a Light Cruiser is a smaller and lighter cruising vessel to say, protect shipping lanes or scout for a larger fleet at range - and a small array of medium laser cannons is little better than to scratch the paint on snubfighters and light freighters.
>>
>>50874898
>>50874964
I was just mentioning it since it did have torpedoes in at least the Hand of THrawn era.
>>
>>50874946

Also reinclude the Y-Wing buffs from Most Wanted so Rebel players don't have to buy an expensive Scum pack to get the most out of their ships.
>>
>>50875000
trips dont lie

Y-wings are my favorite ship, and i wish they would get more pilots, and guns other than Ion gun and TLT
>>
>>50874990
pretty sure the black dice represent ordanance, which includes torps.
Blues are ion, red or turbolasers.
Not a direct match of dice to loadout, but upgrades have that.
>>
>>50874468
I have been able to get away with usually one of each ship, two of the smalls and squadron boxes. For both factions.There's a few things I'm not able to do, mostly multiple large ships, but for the most part this buys me a complete game. $500-600 should get you most everything you could want right right now, for both factions. Cut that to about $400 if you just want to play Rebels or Imperials.

You mean like sharing between factions? I'd say probably about the same amount.

Of course. Blue on blue is mandatory in a tournament setting. I just headcanon it as warlords for Imps, training scenarios for Rebels. Though Rogue one does cast some doubt on Rebels never fighting each other.

I usually go on the official forums and see if my region has a thread on the meetup page. It's how I met my local Armada group. It might take a while, and you can always try and make one yourself.

I know a lot of people hate it, but I really like flying Demolisher, fully loaded with Montferrat in the officer slot. It's a crazy fast little ship that hits like a truck and jukes a lot of the fire that comes its way. 88 points, so not exactly cheap.

I also enjoy Rieekan MC30s.

I haven't gotten a chance to play with Wave 5 yet, but I'm really looking forward to E-wings and the Arquitens.
>>
>>50874829
>Anyway how does this look now?

Better. Tagge is underrated, I rather like him.

Five activations is a good number. 4 or 5 is what I aim for.

I'd drop the Advanced Gunnery and find the points for a gunnery team on your ISD. Adv. Gunnery will murder you even as first player if you come up against an MC80. They're pretty much the only lists which take it now, and that's basically to force choosing one of their other two.

You could and probably should replace one of the glads. Especially if you have to buy the second one. Think about filling with another ship that you should get at least one of, like a Raider or Arquitens. Two flotillas is the minimum of what you should own. If your going to get into the game you are going to want them. They're often necessary for padding out good lists.

Your TIE swarm is respectable. You'll get one full swarm activation off your gozantis with a stored squadron token on both. But you should never just take 4 ties on their own. That's just handing your opponent points.

>it seems way less accessible

I feel X-wing is far more daunting to get into right now. So many ships are only good with cards from like four different expansions, and there is way more to buy than there is with Armada.

I get the point about the secondary market, but the alt arts of XI7 and leading shots should be cheap. TRCs will be this winter. Most cards I feel I only need the one of in most lists.
>>
>>50875072
>ships only good with cards
in my experiance, outside of big tournaments people are fine with playing without cards or using printouts.

I mean I only know the Michigan area, but no one expects you to have all the official cards, even at store tournaments here.
>>
>>50874977

Cards in the armada pack (both art and actual upgrades) seem to indicate she's got some twin turbolaser turrets in there somewhere. Maybe on the ventral, which is why we never see them?
>>
>>50874852

Being a Mary Sue has nothing to do with whether there's an in-universe explanation for her abilities. It's about whether there's headroom for character development and whether their omnicompetence interferes with the story as a whole.

Check in both cases for Rey. She's good at everything, so there's no room for other characters in the ensemble. Since she starts so strong, she might get stronger, but viewers won't really get a sense of that impacting her character. So they can't have her grow up like Luke, develop morally like Han, or develop emotionally like Leia. In other words, either they retcon her into something weaker so she can have a character arc in the next movie or they'll have her fall to evil somehow. Or they'll just have the movie be "interesting things that happened to this Totally Awesome Character."

Contrast Leia and Jyn. Leia is a politician, organizer, and formidable soldier. She immediately takes charge of her own rescue in Ep 4. In ESB and RotJ you get a full character arc and she starts overshadowing Han as a primary character. But she has weaknesses and she's only got a limited skillset. Jyn is a fantastic melee combatant and is a Malcolm Reynolds-style determinator with incredible drive. But she's not also a Jedi/Ace Pilot/Genius Mechanic. Both are members of ensembles and you watch them explore their own vulnerabilities and share the spotlight with peers with whom they can productively interact.

Mary Sue isn't a plot hole problem, it's a story arc design problem. Despite Jyn and Rey being very similar characters, Jyn is how you do that concept right. (Luke and Anakin follow this arc also, both do it better than Rey but neither as well as Jyn.)
>>
>>50861945
Is than an obrezed A280?
>>
>>50875096
>good at everything
she's not
Seriously stop that.
"she kicks a master ass with a lightsaber"
no, she get her ass kicked when he hasn't JUST BEEN SHOT BY A BOWCASTER.
"she's an expert at flying"
she's not. She tries desperately to evade 3 TIES, with the Falcon which we've seen take on more than that. She pulls it off in part because of FINN being surprisingly good.

"everyone likes her at first sight".
Literally only Maz. Neither Finn nor Han like her until when they first meet.

She's emotionally unstable, ignorant of most of the galaxy, has no connections, no resources.
>>
>>50875092
its the same around here, melbourne-geelong in Australia.
>>
>>50874829
If you go this heavy on black dice, you might want to take Screed and give out Assault Concussion Missiles/Torpedos. Otherwise I would cut some stuff and upgrade to an ISD II..

When you bring glads, you want Demolisher.

Flotillas are good, but when you go light on Squadrons you don't really need them. Having those extra activation is nice thou.
>>
>>50875096
She is not a Mary Sue. Firstly she's a worse pilot, and navigator, than Han. She's definitely a Worse mechanic than Chewie, she was only allowed to touch the Falcon once Han had it back because Chewie was injured. She's not better at lightsaber combat than Ben Solo, he was severely injured and unfocused while fighting her and he still completely outclassed her in skill. She has plenty of room to develop, as so far we don't know too much about her personality, so she is neither Omnicompetent nor does she have no headroom for Character Development as that has nothing to do with personal ability and is all about personality, she 's just been lucky so far but no more so than Luke or Anakin was. While, you are certainly eloquent you seem to have something against Disney's Star Wars, possibly you're one of the Grognards that pitched a fit when Lucas sold the IP and can't see merits in anything but the OT.
>>50875135
While your writing style is a bit lacking all good points, friend.
>>
>>50875220
I too am fine with rey
the only thing that perplexes me is how she suddenly shoots so good, although that is a minor nitpick for me
>>
>>50875237
She doesn't and isn't very good at it, If you pay close attention, she shoots three times I think and misses twice and kills only one storm trooper, and even has to make sure the safety's off before she picks it off her belt, Finn however is an expert shot.
>>
>>50875072
Replacing the interceptors with plain TIEs and swapping in the light cruiser got enough points for the gunnery team. This is the list now. It lost some of its point bid and the cruiser looks barren though.

399/400

Commander: General Tagge

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Jamming Barrier
Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory

- General Tagge
- Relentless
- Minister Tua
- Gunnery Team
- Electronic Countermeasures
- X17 Turbolasers
- Leading Shots

- Demolisher
- Ordnance Experts

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser
- Captain Needa

Gozanti-class Cruisers

Gozanti-class Cruisers

1 "Howlrunner"
1 "Mauler" Mithel
4 TIE Fighter Squadrons

>Two flotillas is the minimum
As I have no real love for the gozanti thats pretty disappointing.

>>50875157
I tried building around him for like an hour and he always seemed to turn into a point sink since he really wanted those special crit cards. I do like him though. As for the flotillas anons have been telling me to just take them. I don't know how you're not supposed to be light on squadrons when you don't want only three capitals.
>>
>>50875273
>Finn however is an expert shot.

And dank old maymays aside, he's a former goddamn stormtrooper, so this makes sense.
>>
I really love the Genndywars version of the ARC Trooper rifle compared to all the other depictions, it looks really dumb for the most parts.
>>
>>50861778
Tarken and Papa Palps wanted their Death Star.
>>
>>50875273

Finn's the mary sue here. He shouldn't be able to hit anything with stormtrooper janitor training.
>>
>>50875468
>janitor
TRIGGERED
>>
>>50875351
Haha, true but as for that meme I like to think Obi-wan wasn't aware that Stormtroopers weren't Clone Troopers anymore, helps explain the discrepancy.
>>50875468
He's not, these aren't the same Stormtroopers the Emperor trained, better shooters as seen throughout the movie.
>>
>>50866775
Got the Thrawn Trilogy, Shadows of the Empire, choice of one, Allegiance and the first """book""" of the "Epic Legacy collection".
>>
File: Nottu dissu shittu agen.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nottu dissu shittu agen.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>50875468

>>50875488
Meh, Only Rebels has made them incompetent.
>>
File: StarWars22-9.jpg (96KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
StarWars22-9.jpg
96KB, 800x602px
>>50865563
A character believing something does not make it true. In Lost Stars several people believe an Imperial Star Destroyer has never been captured at the time of the battle of Jaku.
>>
>>50875534
Wait do you mean Rebels tv show or the Rebellion? because that makes a difference.
>>
>>50875030
Thanks armada bro.

Here in canuckistan the prices are worse. Maybe I'll pick it up another time. Looks like fun though
>>
>>50875592
The TV show. Outside of the Rebels TV show they're suitably elite. Rogue One had them die a lot but usually just in ambushes.
>>
>>50875487

You could call him a Storm-janitor.
>>
>>50875622
Rogue One was a breath of fresh air after the banana peel variety show tier troopers of Rebels. And characters. And designs
>>
>>50875622
Well in the OT they're terrible shots, but not exactly incompetent otherwise, I haven't watched Rebels it seemed too kiddie for my tastes.
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 625x626px
>>50875468
>Military recruits never have to clean shit up
>>
>>50875668
Only at the main cast.
>>
>>50875692
Oh so the Force explains that, alright then.
>>50875674
Haha, nice.
>>
>>50875096
>Jyn is a fantastic melee combatant
When the fuck is that shown?
>and is a Malcolm Reynolds-style determinator with incredible drive.
No she isn't. She's shanghai'd onto the mission just to get Saw's attention but the movie fails to establish Saw, so we as an audience don't give a fuck. She certainly doesn't.
It's only after she sees the hologram and has a little cry does she even begin to have her own motivation. And only after her daddy dies for good that she's actually on board with the whole Rebel thing. Even if she forgives them rather quickly for ordering Cassian to kill him.
Of course, Jyn's actress is just so fucking terrible that it ruins any believability of transition between modes.
>>
For the anon that gave us the Rogue One visual guide scan, was it the ultimate or regular? It had a part of the U-Wing cross section. I curious about the Incom engines the wook is bare
>>
File: 1327445755944.jpg (43KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1327445755944.jpg
43KB, 720x480px
>>50875468
I never understand someone's job as a janitor being the punchline of a joke. You know your way around more places and have complete access to more of the facility than pretty much anyone, and if you don't have access you know who to contact for it and they know you. You're the least likely to look out of place even in sensitive areas and your work takes you literally anywhere that there are people regardless of rank, posting or status. Same deal with maintenance personnel.

If you're trying to sneak on to a base you don't want some kind of specops stealth ship, everyone's going to notice that thing. What you need is a halfway beat to shit Cargo with a utility company's name stenciled on the sides.
>>
>>50875893
t. Mexican
>>
File: AT-ST_As.jpg (13KB, 357x134px) Image search: [Google]
AT-ST_As.jpg
13KB, 357x134px
I really wish we had some bigger art of these AT-ST-As, I like the idea of an AT-ST with one AT-AT cannon replacing the chin guns, something a bit heavier than the AT-DP backed up by the side guns.

>>50875856
I think there was only an Ultimate Visual Guide.

What precisely do you want to know?
>>
>>50875893
He wasn't a Janitor that's a job, he was a forced conscript, a slave essentially, and was a sanitation technician, same shit applies but it amends the security issues inherent with janitors.
>>
>>50875893
>>50875988
the janitor, or sanitation, is the person most trained in how to get everywhere without anyone noticing them.
And while the mateniance personal are better at knowing how to fix things, the sanitation staff do know how to break everything in the building they work in, because they have to avoid doing that every day while touching everything.
>>
>>50876013
So it's a plot-hole that Finn doesn't know how to disable the shields?
>>
>>50875928
Editing the U-Wing article on the Wook. It's bare. Nothing major
>>
anyone know if more epic ships are coming for x-wing? Noobie here so don't even know if epic mode is popular.

Would love to see the arquitens and something for scum.
>>
>>50876054
no, because he knows the best way to do so is to grab the person who is able to disable them.

He could probably have broken that council so no one could fix it and turn the shields back on using nothing but a dust mop and a paper towel though.
>>
>>50876099
Okay, that makes more sense but at least by putting Phasma in the Trash compactor they prevented that long enough that the Resistance fighters could get there.
>>
>>50875668

Even in the OT they aren't terrible shots. Take ANH - stormtroopers win every engagement easily, except on the death star itself when they are explicitly trying to let the rebels escape so they can track them to their base. That isn't incompetence, that's discipline.
>>
>>50873867
http://www.rogue-one.co.uk/helmets/
>>
>>50876235
Okay so the Force and Discipline account for their shitty shooting when aiming at Leia or Luke or Han or Chewie and so on.
>>
>>50876250

Yes, those are the rebels who they want to allow to escape. It was intentional. They say so explicitly in the movie and even Leia points out how it was too easy to be real.
>>
>>50876295
Yeah, but it doesn't explain it very well against them outside of ANH, they can't shoot for shit towards any of them in ESB or RoTJ, and didn't track them back to base in either.
>>
>>50876363
In ESB they don't shoot at them too much, and yeah the ground battle of RotJ is notoriously bad, I like that Rogue One gave the tram-exit-bunker much better cover than the Endor Bunker.
>>
>>50867861
Little known fact, interceptors are the best dog fighters in the original trilogy.
Other than having poor defense, they outclass or match every stat of their rebel counterparts.
A wings are slightly faster in a straight line but that's also a good way to get killed.

Rebels actually does a good job at demonstrating this but also fucking forgot that it was designed in response to the T-65. So now imps are way overgeared for a threat that doesn't even exist yet.
>>
File: IMG_6806.jpg (501KB, 1920x2825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6806.jpg
501KB, 1920x2825px
What's a good reason for someone to join the Resistance besides
>hurr durr the First Order killed muh family
>>
>>50876600
>"Empire got off too easy, kill em all."
Essentially someone that embodies what the NR Senate thought Leia stood for.
>"They'll come for us eventually if we let them grow"
Someone with forethought, the same as Leia actually was.
>>
>>50861532
Seriously, the bullying against PT fan members of this community is getting way out of hand, especially since PT fans are some of the biggest contributors and most involved in this board.
Its not just "memes" or "banter", its vicious attacking and regardless of intentions it does demean people and hurt feelings. I can't say I'm the only PT fan who finds it hard to take pride
in his own opinions after having years of constant and needless attacks defaming my ejoyments from insecure losers here. Why not bully EU fans or Disney Canon fans? Do they not have much more to be ashamed of
than our peaceful little island? OT only fans get bullied less than us and yet we are the purest Star Wars fans in the world.

Like when its not just banter, when a meme is repeated over and over again, repeated systematically, it eventually becomes a truth irregardless of the intentions in repeating it.
And that isn't just jokes any more then, then its harmful !
Would you call a PT fan a "fat neckbeard"(disgusting word) to his face? Would you say to a kind, peaceful and hard working salt of the earth PT fan that they are a "fat neckbeard"? Would you say those words
to your fellow Star Wars fan? Are you starting to feel ashamed now? You fucking degenerate?
Your destroying pride, your dividing fans against each other, your doing the opposite of what you claim to support when you engage in this incredibly abhorrent behavior. So I encourage you to stop now.
>>
>>50876600
>Last time around, things were shit. Things are not shit right now, but it will be again if those fucks get what they want

>Republic patriotism. It's not right to sit by and let this happen Just because the government proper isn't interested in fighting.

>Well, my dad was in the rebellion, so... (This one can segue into a better motivation later. Plenty of people join the military for nothing but "family tradition" and don't really have a good reason to actually be there.)

>Go full Redline. I wanted to kill as many people as possible, but the FO didn't accept my application because [Nonhuman/too crazy even for them/never actually applied/ Don't like the way their recruiter smelled/]. So when I signed up for the Resistance, I tried to tone it down until after I got into the cockpit with the big boom buttons.
>>
>>50876565
>forgot that it was designed in response to the T-65
Given the age of the T-65 and fact we know Rebels operate in different cells, this could still very well be true. I think it is implied considering Thrawn is trying to produce TIE Defenders.
>>
>>50876552
I never bought into the meme anyway it was just funny, lol. That is a small discrepancy but I always thought Obi-Wan thought Stormtroopers were still Clones when he said the shit about accuracy anyway not like it matters it's still awesome.
>>
File: Color Pegs.jpg (74KB, 700x446px) Image search: [Google]
Color Pegs.jpg
74KB, 700x446px
Just got red, blue, and green base+peg sets. I have a red one on "Red Ace" and a blue one on "Blue Ace." What other ways are good for differentiation?
>>
>>50876696
lol
>>
File: grandma-cool-story-bro.jpg (32KB, 496x431px) Image search: [Google]
grandma-cool-story-bro.jpg
32KB, 496x431px
>>50876696
>>
>>50876696
What is this pasta?
>>
>>50876751
>What other ways are good for differentiation?
You could paint the ships.
>>
>>50876076

No? ok then.
>>
File: IG-2000s.jpg (725KB, 2880x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IG-2000s.jpg
725KB, 2880x1728px
>>50876813
I've painted quite a few of them, actually.
I'm asking for clever ways to use the colored bases.
>>
>>50875771
The main cast not being hit by Stormtroopers is explainable in the first one as "They had orders to miss." In Empire Strikes Back they smash the shit out of the Rebels on the ground, and then in Return it's a firefight on a forest moon with terrifying fucking Ewoks doing their best to kill them, I can't really blame them for not scoring more kills in that one.
>>
>>50873723
4 attack dice
3 defense dice
3 hull
0 shield

Dial: speed2 sloop, speed 3 and 5 kturn, all straights and rights are green, all lefts are red.

Actions: evade, lock on, barrel roll, focus

Title: when attacking, if you are in defenders firing arc add an attack die.

Ps8 unique, Ps7 unique, Ps5 unique w/out ept, Blacks, Ps3 generic, Academy pilot.
>>
>>50876600
>an old rebel who's all YOU COMPLETE MONGOLOIDS, YOU DIDN'T FINISH THE JOB SO THEY'RE GONNA BE BACK towards the NR
>>
File: 1482019035387.jpg (1MB, 1725x1917px) Image search: [Google]
1482019035387.jpg
1MB, 1725x1917px
>>50876600
Rebel Alliance army/navy that aren't content to disarm. This could apply to both tinfoil hat THEYS COMIN TER TAKE MUH GUNS and/or people who simply believe in maintaining a strong military standing even in times of peace.

There's also the good 'ole PMC. Not just fighters, but people who know how to work back-end like communications and logistics and aren't challenged by a peacetime environment.

You've also got good circumstances for a good old proxy-war scenario. Manufacturers of arms get to see some real performance comparisons for their products, and they get to see what the FO is cooking. They throw the Resistance a discount on prices, they get to send "advisors" who are itching for real experience, all without any direct political ties.
>>
>>50876903
Um, read more of the thread friend I know that, but against the Protagonists they have an abysmal record that isn't explained in 5 and 6, it can be handwaved as luck and the force but since they're still awesome movies I don't care.
>>
>>50876857
Tie color to specific pilot abilities or upgrade effects. If I have Mara Jade as a crew, I give that ship a red base to remind myself of that ship's stress-giving capability.
>>
File: 1478578108229.jpg (118KB, 672x852px) Image search: [Google]
1478578108229.jpg
118KB, 672x852px
>>50873929
Lancers were pretty slow from what I remember, because they figured they'd only need to keep up with bigger ships, but I might be remembering that wrong. That could "balance" the lancer potentially if it had a shit maneuver ability.
>>
>>50876696
2/10
Pulls the whole Safe Space style angle, but then uses words like degenerate.
>>
File: AT-AP.jpg (77KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
AT-AP.jpg
77KB, 1280x960px
Does anyone know any good stories about Tank-Hunters from WW2? I want to try to write something about an AT-AP crew in the clone wars or later.

>>50877065
Yeah in the image you posted for example that lancer is fucking dead. That's a suicidally bad matchup.
>>
>>50875275
>It lost some of its point bid and the cruiser looks barren though.

That's fine. You didn't have a list that was going to really want first, and six points wasn't much of an init bid anyway. If you wanted to keep a good bid for Demo, drop one of the TIEs and Relentless. The title is a good card but it's mostly a learning crutch. Once you get better you'll not have that much to worry about with regards to setting your dials.

Also upgrades aren't as mandatory in Armada as they are in x-wing. Basic small ships just on the board, taking space and shooting things is an important piece to have. Big ISDs with 6+ upgrade cards are called "Christmas Trees" and it's not meant as a term of endearment.

>As I have no real love for the gozanti thats pretty disappointing.

I might have been selling them a bit hard, because I love flotillas, but you can totally make decent lists without them. It's just that I'm a huge squadron player, since wave one, and they massively buffed squadrons.

If you know how to play well you can totally make 2-3 activation lists work. You'll just face some uphill battles against MSU lists.

>I don't know how you're not supposed to be light on squadrons when you don't want only three capitals.

It's one of the hard parts with Armada, even more so than X-wing. List building is huge, and you won't have nearly enough points for everything you'll want to take. I always feel shortchanged on something when I made a list. That's alright, it's a natural part of the game. The most important point is that your fleet does something very well.

Anyway keep at it and play a few games. Don't take everything I tell you as gospel. Learn what works for you. It took me a while to figure out Armada.

>>50875597
Hang in there. It really is fun, and I think it's also going to be picking up steam over the next year or two.
>>
Hey guys how is imperial Assault? Just got it for Christmas. Anything I should know about it?
>>
>>50876600

>Whats a good reason for someone to join an anti-ISIS militant group besides "hurr durr ISIS killed muh family"
>>
>>50872259
I wanna fuck that bunny.
>>
>>50876600
Some people just don't tolerate fascism. Wow. Such a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>50877094
Most of these guys should have documentaries on them
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Tank_aces
>>
>>50877198
I thought liberals only cared about tolerance.
>>
>>50877178
It's awesome, but read the rules VERY carefully; it's pretty complicated and easy to fuck up. Make sure the Imperial player 1) is good and 2) knows that this isn't an RP. I actually had a dude play Empire and kept doing shit to help the Rebels come out on top.
Finally, paint the minis. Even if you're not good at painting, tutorials exist and a bit of color makes a huge difference.
>>
>>50877094
You won't find shortages. Some TD battles in the 2nd World War were intense. However for the US towards the end of the war, they were mostly used as fire support vehicles.

But some good examples are the Battle of Bastogne and North Africa.
>>
>>50877232
>not tolerating my intolerance makes you as intolerant as me!
Go fuck yourself and your twisted /pol/ logic
>>
>>50875468
>>50875488
>>50875636

Riflemen are dragooned into manual labor all the time. It's part of the job. Notice that when we see Finn for the first time, it's when he's doing his normal work of fighting as an infantryman in a combat assignment. Actually, duty on a small strike force on a critical mission accompanying a member of the senior command, which suggests he was brought along in part for his competence.

>>50875668
>>50876235
>>50876295
>>50876552

Fans have gone through each of these scenes. In ANH, the stormtroopers are ordered to let them escape. Obi Wan doesn't just declare that they're good marksmen, he points out the blaster shots that demonstrate it. They're such good shots that they can unload at the main cast and not risk hitting them despite cutting it close.

In ESB, they kick the Rebellion's ass at Hoth. Then at Cloud City they're again allowed to escape; he comes out and says this. Remember, Vader was trying to tweak Luke's precog to lure him in. That only works if Luke foresees that showing up has a chance of freeing his friends, which means said escape has to be permitted. Hence why Vader didn't care that they were flying off (part of the plan) but DID care that their hyperdrive had been surreptitiously disabled (so they could then be recaptured).

RotJ and the Ewok battle is the first time that the Stormtroopers lose when they haven't specifically been ordered to allow the main characters' escape. There indeed their marksmanship and fighting skills really do suck. Despite being a legion of the Emperor's finest troops.

So the Stormtrooper marksmanship meme totally misrepresents what's happening in the movies. EXCEPT in RotJ, where the meme holds up perfectly.
>>
>>50876600
Can some rando actually join the resistance? I thought they were Republic special forces pretending to be local insurgents in order to circumvent some treaty or something.
>>
>>50877236
Thanks man, was planning on painting them anyway and with the people I'll be playing with I'll never have to worry about them trying to RP it. fml.
>>
>>50877267
Even if that's the case, "pretending to be local forces" means that they have to actually accept local forces to keep up the lie. And if they can lie to keep up appearances, so can the "local forces" who came from halfway across the galaxy to join up.
>>
>>50877267
You mean like the "Pro-Russian Rebels" fighting in Ukraine that are totally not Russian army units in any possible way?

Which by the way is still going on.
>>
>>50876076
There are two rumours going around. One for a mando cruiser and one for the hammerhead. No real details apart from that
>>
File: e8e.png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
e8e.png
84KB, 600x587px
>>50877337
>>
>>50877247
I agree with literally all of those things, I was just playing with the meme because it's still kind of funny, at times, I'm guessing you're one of the fans who analyzed this? I'm comment 2 and 4 that you linked.
>>
File: welcome to bad company.png (310KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to bad company.png
310KB, 640x360px
>>50876600
>Leia pays well and the PCs have debts
>Judge offered choice of prison or enlistment
>Revenge for Hosnian Prime
>Automatic weapons, explosives, X-wings, hanging out with your best friends, and shooting stormtroopers
>The NR was too soft. Remove First Kebab.
>Reenlistment papers and the green weenie
>Defected from FO after seeing and committing one too many atrocities
>FO's actions violated treaties the PC's homeworld had with them
>Palpatine took our guns. The Diktat took our guns. Now the First Order wants to take our guns. REBELLION DAY WILL COMMENCE AGAIN.
>>
>>50877243
Part of living in a free society is that people can hold any belief, even if you don't agree with them.

Resistance fighters had little to no authority to act as they did in a sovereign territory other than "we don't like them!".... until they destroyed that one system of course.
>>
>>50877417
Part of the point of fascism is that it's NOT a free society, imbecile.
So people fighting them are fighting to bring freedom to their society.
>>
>>50877307
Can you elaborate a little bit more. I honest don't understand what you've written. I'm really tired right now and having a bit of trouble thinking.
>>50877337
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Would that group accept genuine pro-Russian Ukrainian rebels? Or would letting them join jeopardize their mission and reveal their true identity as Spetnaz operators? That would be bad if the nation you came from wanted to avoid international embarrassment or war but I don't think Russia cares if people don't like them. The Republic is obviously different, since the Senate cares very deeply about not getting caught meddling with the First Order's territory and is desperate to avoid a war.
>>
>>50876565

In the EU, the Empire struggled after Yavin to figure out a way to counter the X-wing. There had been pressure for an advanced TIE fighter for years, but Tarkin had shot all the proposals down. He preferred swarms of disposable TIEs and big intimidating capital ships.

So then you have Yavin. Tarkin dies, and the Death Star is destroyed... by an X-wing. Suddenly there's pressure for a TIE replacement and the main opposition is gone. All these replacements pop up out of the woodwork-- private secret projects of all kinds of admirals and officials.

So you have the TIE Advanced: actually a whole group of different prototypes has this name, but this term is after-the-fact mostly used to describe Vader's TIE. The Avenger and Defender were part of the same program, and all were super-pricey X-wing killer fighters with all the bells and whistles. The Phantom came from a different project, but tried to accomplish the same thing via a new doctrine. The TIE hunter used by storm commandos and the TAP used by the inquisitors were driven by similar considerations.

All these designs were expensive and feature-laden "superfighters". So how do you build enough to cover a galaxy? In the end, the Imperials played it safe and went for the Interceptor: more speed, more agility, more firepower, but still fundamentally the same philosophy as the TIE Fighter.

Trading everything else away for maneuver and firepower isn't a suicide pact. In the hands of someone who's survived long enough to gain some skill and experience, the TIE Interceptor doesn't need shields and can out-fly and defeat nearly any other fighter.

Ironically, the Interceptor is really a superiority fighter with a secondary interceptor role. The A-wing is a better example of an attempt at a pure interceptor. Lots of speed to catch an incoming target, a warhead launcher, and enough shields/guns to defeat a strike fighter or bomber. But struggles vs another fighter.
>>
>>50877457
*Was desperate there is no republic now. just nit-picking friend.
>>
>>50876600
Why did foreigners go to Spain to fight with the Republicans? Because people tend to not like the spread of Fascism, especially right after the end of a massive Orwellian dictatorship.
>>
>>50877417
We don't see the Resistance strike at any Sovereign territory in TFA till the FO already struck at periphery neutral or NR systems at which point it was a justified reprisal.
>>
>>50877179
>>50877198
>muh islam is same as fascism!!!
>fascism is so evil guys!!!

kys.
>>
>>50877518
Return.
>>
>>50877440
Resistance fighters are financially backed by a foreign government to undermine another nation state that they have treatise with.

That's about as wrong as you can get politically, even if in the name of "democracy".
I should know, I'm American and do that shit every other day.

Now support those rebels, overthrow that foreign government and establish leaders more agreeable to your state's dominance or just annex them and tell them its for their own good.
>>
>>50877518
The pathetic attempt at trolling here has me baffled. I really want to understand this b8.
>>
>>50877518

I don't even understand this shit lmao

All I was saying was that there was a real life parallel to someone joining a resistance movement
>>
>>50877492
Which was also the reason why anti-Communists went to Spain to fight with Franco.

Basically, it came down to which Orwellian dictatorship you were more terrified of spreading.
>>
>>50877486
Oh yeah. It's weird to think that they're already gone. I don't know why but I assumed that the new Trilogy would do so much more to showcase the New Republic. I hope they make a movie that has the new republic in it. T-85's sound like a lot of fun, and I've always been a fan of boring space politics.
>>
>>50877540
The Resistance was founded to counter First Order aggression. The New Republic was basically just being the UN and sending them sternly-worded letters that their posturing wouldn't be tolerated.
And like >>50877502 said, the Resistance is never shown striking at First Order sovereign territory except as reprisal for the FO's actual offensive act. Ya know, blowing up several Republic worlds. Actions after that are pretty justified.
>>
>>50877539
of
>>
>>50877567
Exactly, people fight against the things they don't like. In this case, people don't like the FO.
>>
>>50877457
>Would that group accept genuine pro-Russian Ukrainian rebels?

yes, as far as I know the russian military members are in advisory positions or leadership
>>
>>50877579
They were already planning a reprisal for Jakku even before Hosnian blew up.
>>
>>50877502
We don't see it but we know they did because the resistance was established long before they knew the weapon even existed and Senator or former Senator Leia Organa of the New Fucking Republic is a military advisor.

Don't delude yourself, this has democracy written all over it like a South American coke barren.
>>
>>50877352

Yeah I linked the posts that mentioned the controversy, pro and con. We've had this discussion before.

>>50876600

Look up the /k/ archive from when the Kurds were recruiting American Iraq war vets to help them fight ISIS. (That's mostly over due to diplomatic pressure but was a big thing up until earlier this year.) People go over for a variety of reasons.

Some have no military experience, but they feel like losers at home and have painted this mental picture for themselves of money/fame/glory/hot chicks if they go over. Or they want to see themselves as soldiers, or see themselves being part of something greater than themselves.

Among vets, some miss combat and want the rush again. Some feel like we screwed the Kurds over and wanted to go and help them on their own dime. Some made friends during the war and feel a sense of duty towards them.

Some hate ISIS for religious or ideological reasons and want to fight the good fight. Some believe America should have fought ISIS (back when we weren't) and are taking matters into their own hands.

There's a ton of reasons other than revenge why someone may join up for that kind of fight. In fact, in many wars you have foreign troops who join up. Each has their own story and so there's plenty to pick from for inspiration.
>>
>>50877568
They may not be entirely gone but any remaining republic worlds will either surrender or put everything they have into the Resistance see as the senate has been destroyed as well as quite a lot of the Republic military I hope they do a movie as well it'll definitely help flesh out the New Canon Universe.
>>
>>50877597
But that was the First Order hunting down and assassinating a respected member of the community to the Republic and slaughtered an entire village just because they could.
Resistance is pretty justified.
>>
>>50877621
It's a thread dedicated to Star Wars, now that I think about there's no way it could not have been discussed before, lol.
>>
>>50876600
Money.
>>
>>50877627
Oh I wasn't saying they were not justified, I was saying that they were there to protect the little systems like Jakku, Hosnian was a secondary concern.

>>50877602
They were a support network for border systems getting muscled in on by First Order intimidation patrols.
>>
>>50877597
Pretty much this^^

They were established long before and were already undermining the FO, with Republic backing. Fucking Leia being their at all just leaves them red handed after denying it as well.

Don't get me wrong FO we're still the bad guys but only because of the magical super weapon. The Republic was breaking the treaty and denying it for much longer.
>>
>>50877692
But Jakku was still justification, it was either New Republic or Neutral and they invaded to massacre a village.

More than enough reason to go kill some of them.
>>
>>50877627
... within their borders, yes.

They found and killed a republic/resistance sympathizer undermining their domestic authority.

True, killing women and children is a dick move but so is using them as a shield to protect you.
>>
>>50877764
He was retired and living in a quiet town.
Don't try to paint it as his fault that the First Order is a bunch of fascist cunts.
>>
>>50877764
Uh, there's nothing to indicate Jakku was First Order territory, just so far out in the sticks that the anemic NR military couldn't protect it and lacking its own System defense navy (As if one of those could stand up to even an ISD let alone one of the 3km monsters the FO used as spearheads)
>>
And people say that no one likes star wars politics. I for one find this subject fascinating, Good conversations guys!
>>
>>50873723
there's a certain appeal to asymetry.
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg (32KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg
32KB, 300x429px
The First Order a shit.

A SHIT
>>
>>50877744
Once again the resistance was well established before hand and the villiage was harboring, to them, a dangerous terrorist.

They would not have slaughtered the village if the resistance wasn't already there.

The resistance is just the New Republic version of a South American coup to establish the democratically elected leader they find favorable to them or worse, annexation.

Be careful when fighting monsters, lest you become one yourself.
>>
>>50877781
Except he was meeting with Poe, so he couldn't be that retired.
>>
>>50877865
Poe went to him because he had something the Resistance(and FO) wanted.
It was only plot convenience that the FO arrived while Poe was there.
>>
>>50877843
Resistance teaming up with Imperial Remnants when?
>Fleet of 30 year old ISD-2's launching T-70's from their hanger bays to take on a First Order fleet of Resurgent-class Battlecruisers.
How do you not want to see that?
>>
>>50877813
>>50877910
Oh thanks, Resurgents yeah that's the word for the 3km monsters.
>>
File: rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg (856KB, 1050x976px) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg
856KB, 1050x976px
>>50877910
Throw in one red ISD-II launching a squadron of custom-painted T-65s or StealthXs and I'm sold. Doubly so if the battle also involves the 181st bitch-slapping the bloodstripes off the FO's Special Forces pilots.
>>
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/813279019672055808?lang=en

Jakku was NOT FO territory.
>>
I always imagined that Resistance was a PMC that Leia founded to go out and get shit done in space because the New Republic were pussies, and "Resistance," was just the name they picked to evoke the rebellion and didn't mean anything more than Blackwater did IRL.
>>
>>50877881
...and he was handing out intelligence to a resistance leader.
Not so retired.

Unless you don't believe intelligence is important to security you don't have an argument.

All of the suspicions that Huxx said were accurate, it was a domestic group backed by a foreign power and they were a threat to national security.

Wars have started for far less anon and the NR actually did break the treaty first.
The use of force was excessive, I grant you.
>>
>>50877996
Jakku wasn't in FO territory. He was just sitting around doing nothing in his own space.
Stop trying to apologize for the fucking fascists.
>>
>>50877910
>How do you not want to see that?
>>50877953
Oh I want to see it. I want to see it so badly that I'm experiencing physical pain at the thought of not ever being able to see it.
>>
>>50878005

I really do become more and more worried every day I look at Internet Star Wars fandom and see how many people are eager to become apologists for Literal Mass-Murdering Space Nazis and paint the unequivocal good guys as being just as bad as them for various relatively minor ethical lapses that in no way involve mass-murder of all who oppose them.
>>
>>50878041
>>50878005
Blame fucking Donald Trump and /pol/, and maybe /b/, friends, American or not we're all in for a hell of a time over the next four years.
>>
>>50878093
I blame cool uniforms and awesome design aesthetic.
>>
>>50877954
Then it doesn't violate their non-aggression treaty.

Thanks for proving my argument.
>>
>>50878041
A large part of it comes from people, including one of the writers of Rogue One, painting Conservative or right-leaning fans as Literally Hitlers for not holding approved Left-wing views.

>I don't think we should have unrestricted immigration with no way of vetting people coming into the country-
>FUCK YOU RACIST FASCIST

When that's how the online conversation goes, yeah, it pisses people off and encourages contrarianism for the sake of pissing off the people that shit on you when all you want to do is enjoy a thing.
>>
>>50878120
I can't disagree with that.
>>
>>50878093
>everything I don't like is Trump's fault
You're as bad as the /pol/tards.
>>
>>50878005
They aren't talking about Jakku they are not asking about the first planet with Kylo Ren, when they picked Poe up.

You don't have an argument anymore so you are trying to misdirect.
>>
>>50878129
I've had /pol/tards demand I explain why fascism is a bad thing.
This is not just branding anything "not liberal" as fascist. This is pointing at actual fascism and saying "this is bad." And if you think you're being targeted by the criticism of fascism, then that says more about you than anyone else.
>>
>>50878041
Speaking as an Empirefag, it's mostly contrarianism.
>>
>>50878142
How does one thing equate to everything is Trumps fault? Your assertion is specious and you need to stop.
>>
>>50878173
Why are you blaming Trump and /pol/ for Imperial apologists? There's always been people who thought the Empire dindu nuffin.
>Sheev was just preparing for the Vong
>>
>>50878041
>>50878093
It's all Sheevs fault. He's just too damn fun and charismatic.
>>
>>50878213
>>Sheev was just preparing for the Vong
Of all the good things lost in Disney's EU purge, it was worth it to get rid of the fucking Vong.
>>
>>50878230

Even in the EU I never accepted the Vong as canon

It was so lazy and tryhard
>>
>>50878213
I didn't say it was entirely his or their fault. You can't say Trump didn't make Facism more openly acceptable with his campaign rhetoric, that why I said blame him and if your're defending /pol/, why, just why?
>>
>>50878213
the current wave is certainly /pol/'s fault . VII got them thoroughly rumproasted and they've been shitting up star wars threads ever since
>>
>>50878165
>And if you think you're being targeted by the criticism of fascism, then that says more about you than anyone else.

1) Fascism is bad, but if you can't point out reasons why (its militaristic, collectivist, authoritarian, anti-free speech, anti-individual liberty, and the tendency to nationalize private businesses is terrifying for anyone who subscribes to a Free Market economy), then you don't have an argument. Merely an assertion that allows you to say that "Only fascists get mad when people call them fascists."

People can (and do) brand anything as "not conservative" as Communist and point to it and say "This is bad."

Its the same thing, and it destroys nuance and the ability for people of different political opinions to find a common ground.
>>
>>50878230
>it was worth it to get rid of the fucking Vong
Why are people so buttbothered by the Vong? I don't love them but I never minded them. They were cool in the Legacy comics.
>>
>>50878249
He clearly wasn't.
>>
>>50878237

Also it was like 2 steps away from "lets put zombies in FUCKING EVERYTHING"
>>
>>50878259
The Vong would be cool in any other sci-fi universe.

Too edgy for Starwars, put them in 40k and you wouldn't bat an eye.
>>
>>50878279
I know, that part was a joke, friend.
>>
>>50878259
The Vong were literally the worst addition to the entire franchise. Yes, I'm including the Prequels in that judgement. Even Jar Jar Binks.
The Vong were a pathetic excuse to justify Palpatine's evil actions as if they were for some greater good. Even going so far as to paint Thrawn with the same tainted brush.
Not to mention they were complete fucking edgelords who were (almost) completely immune to the Force.
They also opened the floodgates to a murder spree on any named character from the franchise.
>>
>>50878249
I think you're using a pretty loose definition of fascism. Trump's a blowhard but all he really pioneered was naked nationalism (which is an element of fascism but isn't fascist itself)
>>
>>50878154
That was Jakku lol
>>
>>50878363
The problem is, he's supported by literal fascists. Who are very open about being fascists.
>>
>>50877960
I mean, that's not too far off. It's a private military meant to evoke the feeling the Rebellion.

It's just not for hire.
>>
>>50878313
I see all of these as positives.

Better than rehashed Empire and endless muh good v evil muh dark v light boring shit.
>>
>>50878383
And unironic fullblown communists were shilling for Bernie. You can't control who supports you.
>>
>>50878390
I think you might want a franchise that isn't Star Wars.
>>
>>50878383

Those fascists have always "settled" for mainstream right wingers

They're jerking themselves off over Trump because he's "anti-establishment" even though he's a regular dad-core republican. The "anti-establishment" aspect comes from him not being Ted Cruz
>>
>>50878408
No, I want Star Wars to actually be an expansive franchise rather than limited in scope. The SW Universe is vast, despite what FagLetterMedia says, and has room for lots of genres.
>>
>>50878410
Cruz was hated by the establishment because he was Tea Party. Even John Boner didn't like him, commenting that he was glad he was out campaigning because it "kept that little asshole out of Washington:
>>
>>50878390
Jesus. You're just a retard then.
>>50878423
FagLetterMedia
Yep. Retarded.
>>
>>50878129

Speaking as a deep blue liberal with many deep red conservative friends thanks to being a law grad, I admit that the kneejerk "all conservatives are Hitler," bullshit you're talking about does happen. That being said, at least in my experiance, its generally its not in response to relatively reasonable conservative ideology like what you quotes, its when that relatively reasonable statement is crouched in and corrupted by more typical base-firing rhetoric like "Those illegal mexicans are ruining this country by burdening our institutions and bringing crime and rape into our cities."

That or if a liberal counters a reasonable conservative statement with a reasonable response like "But our current immigration system has both restrictions and effective vetting, your belief that we don't is inaccurate, the reforms you want are draconian and unnecessary, and your attempt to characterize liberal-desired reforms as creating that status is equally inaccurate." And then the conversation inevitably breaks down into namecalling because everybody has to "win" arguments on the internet, even ones that come down to having a reasonable but likely irreconcilable difference of opinion, so anybody who doesn't see your personal wisdom as flawless must be an asshole.

To be clear, I'm well aware that Conservatives are not the only ones that lead to this kind of breakdown in communication by being childish or embracing hardliner zealot rhetoric which inevitably ruins their message. I'm just making a point.
>>
>>50878423
The good vs evil, dark vs light stuff is an integral part of the setting tone and themes, you can't just strip that out for an entire massive plot arc. And the Vong were way too edgy, they didn't mesh with the Star Wars tone or aesthetic at fucking all.
>>
>>50878441
RLM Shill from /tv/ detected.
>>
>>50878431

Cruz was the one who was actually going to tear the whole thing down if he got in. The motherfucker really did believe the shit he preached.
>>
>>50878041
It's 4chan. People love to be contrarian. And it makes interesting discussion on what tactics are valid to fight evil.
>>
>>50878129
It's ok anon. With whats coming, you won't have to worry about immigration anymore. Hope it was worth it.
>>
>>50878457
That's what made him scary. He was a dyed-in-the-wool fanatic.
Of course, now Donny Boy is appointing people to agencies that they've actually tried in the past to dismantle. So he's not doing anything better.
>>
>>50878423
those genres do not include 'so edgy that Sheev is justified'.
Sheev is a bad guy, if you fuck that up, you are fucking up the core of the setting.
If you don't like the core of the setting, go play around in a different setting there are plenty out there.
>>
>>50878452
>I'm a edgy teenager who likes edgy and grimderp bullshit
>anyone who's not edgy like me is a shill!
>>
>>50878154
Unless BB-8 has a secret hyperdrive that was Jakku.
>>
>>50878363
Maybe, but I dislike nationalism in America, at least, for it's white power vibes and racism, also the fact that so far he's appointed literal Facists to his Cabinet and fucking Exxon-Mobil's CEO. He's now advocating expanding our Nuclear Arsenal the most moronic thing i've ever heard. If you looked at his Campaign goals you'd see they're almost 100% facistic and Unconstitutional.
>>50878383
also this
>>50878401
This is true but they are a real small minority in America thanks to the Cold War
>>50878445
You are cool with me friend.
>>
>>50878469
You gonna stop me playing with this one big guy?

>>50878474
>grimderp

Off to reddit.
>>
>>50878484
But i'm a fascist and I was for Cruz for these reasons >>50878467

Cruz was actually going to put the Christ back into America. Trump is just a populist, a Republican Obama. Watch as he doesn't fulfill even half of his promises.
>>
>>50878313

I kind of liked that the Vong were a Biotech race and they had a really deep religious angle. That made them quite alien to the mainline star wars universe, appropriate for an extragalactic invader, and allowed for fairly interesting ways to make them a Galactic level threat, like their Evil Genocidal Terraforming and the ability to genetically modify things that were already dangerous to Jedi as being DOUBLE MURDER for Jedi.

That said, I agree they went way too far in many aspects to that realm of Edgelord Tier. And making them the motivation for Palpatine to create the Empire was dumb.

I actually liked that they had the balls to kill characters, even ones as major as Chewie. Again, its something they went too far with, but it certainly showed that they wanted to go all the way with this war changing the universe's status quo forever and that it was going to take real sacrifice to get this done, not just nameless xwing pilots dying in space setpiece battles.
>>
>>50878504
He's already bragging to his supporters that he's not going to lock her up. That his promise to drain the swamp was just bullshit to rile them up. That he's not going to build a wall. That he's not going to block Muslims from coming in. He's worse than not following through on his promises. He's trying to destroy the country in a completely different way.
>>
>>50878313
They didn't justify Palpatine. They justified otherwise reasonable people working for the empire at high levels where rhey were privvy to various atrocities, Like Thrawn and some others.

The bigger problem was the authors treatment of the rest of the franchise as fodder for their grimdark snuff fest.

Oh and I hate large scale organic tech. Odd since I actually like the one semiorganic ship from the Lando story in Black Fleet and the Oswaft of Thon'Boka from the Lando Adventures.
>>
>>50878523
Yes ,that's what I'm saying. Trump is just going to be a Republican Obama. He won't cease the wars in the Middle East. At best he'll hopefully make peace with Putin but considering his projected cabinet is around 70% neocon I'm starting to doubt even that's going to happen.
>>
>>50878488
The term grimderp originated on this board you wang.
>>
>>50878537
>At best he'll hopefully make peace with Putin
Of course he'll do that. Putin's got his hand so far up Trump's ass his knuckles are in his throat.
>>
>>50878523
A lot of that isn't true but there's no need to turn this thread into even more of a shitfest than it already is. In the future let's just leave current politics out of Star Wars.
>>
>>50878504
God and Jesus Christ were never what america was about and if you think that it was you need to reread your history. Most of the founding father were Deists who believed that a god not necessarily the Abrahamic Yahweh, created the universe by either becoming it or dying in the process. I won't have Christians or any other religion pushing their bullshit onto me through the laws of my country.
>>
>>50878551
Go look at his "victory rallies."
Not just the shit written on Breitbart by the fascist who claims to be a Leninist who wants to destroy the State.
>>
>>50878547
Not a bad thing in my books. Might be Trump's main redeeming factor.
>>
>>50878567
>russia apologist
Get the fuck out and stay out.
>>
>>50878445
See, now we're getting somewhere.

I'm a moderate centrist with a hell of a lot of wayyyy left friends thanks to the art scene, so I do end up seeing the Literally Hitler argument happen quite a bit. I also see a lot of Right wingers going off on the most nonsensical rants against the left (which is what drove me center)

So yeah, when it comes to not having productive conversations about politics, I feel you, bro

>>50878466
TPP is kill and we're not currently at war with Russia over Syria. So far it has.
>>
>>50878512
I liked their stupid religion, and some of their biotech. But overall most of their tech was cringe inducingly OP.

I legitately think that other than Enemy Lines, Mercy Kill, and MAYBE Traitor everything set after the YJK/JJK kids books is worse than said kids books.
>>
>>50878572
I literally said I'm a fascist, what did you expect? Putin's a moderate in my books, but kinda okay.
>>
>>50878563
It's worth remembering that the first mosque in America was built before the first Catholic church. And Papists are considered a normal part of our society now even though just over 50 years ago when one was running for president, he was considered un-American and untrustworthy because he acknowledged an authority outside the US.
>>
>>50878583
So you should kill yourself you fucking Nazi.
Or I'd rather do it.
>>
>>50878590
Come and try.
>>
>>50878504
Are you a real fascist? I thought you guys were happy he put Bannon into a cabinet position?
>>
>>50878582
Scut a best post-NR Wraith. Wish Legends and Allston had lasted long enough to give us more of the Mercy Kill team.
>>
>>50878567
How is Putin having a puppet as the American President at all a good thing russia while they have the spetsnaz, has 0 advantage over The USA militarily and would never go to war directly with us besides the Russian Mafia would kill Putin if he tried to.
>>50878585
I have no problem with any religion if they aren't trying to recruit me into their brand of indoctrination, I generally subscribe to live and let live.
>>
>>50878597
I'd just be continuing a proud American tradition of ridding the world of your kind of scum.
>>
>>50878572
>russia apologist

Hey they're our backdoor into friendly relations with Iran and Syria

You know Putin is gonna stonewall whatever dumb neocon plans Trump has with Iran
>>
>>50878566
>he's not going good to lock her up
I mean, yeah. This was just shittalking that got out of hand. Even if she is guilty of something you can't jail your political rivals. It's a bad look.

>he's not going to drain the swamp
He originally used that phrase when referring to his plans to place term limits on congress and nothing more. That's still on.

>he's not going to build the wall
He's still committed to the wall. He mentioned that it might be a double fence in mountainous areas where construction is impractical but that got blown out of proportion.

>he's not going to ban Muslims
He dropped this like 8 months ago. He's clarified that he is going to restrict travel from countries that have been "compromised" by terror groups

>t. TIDF
>>
>>50878566
Eh? The only thing he backed down on was locking her up (my theory is he has long-shot hopes that she can force the dems to run her again, giving him an easy second election because he is pretty sure that is the ONLY way he gets two terms.)
>>
I'm really glad this /pol/ derail happened after we hit bumplimit and didn't kill a living thread.

That said, this may be the most civil political conversation I've seen in months, even counting the parts where people are telling each other to kill themselves. /tg/ really is the best board, it can even do terrible things better than anyone else.
>>
>>50878601
Alt-right =/= fascism. Fascism is basically traditionalist nationalism mixed with a corporatist economy. Corporatist doesn't mean ran by corporations "free" market though, it means you can have your companies as long as they work for the good of the citizens of the nation.

>>50878612
See how good that's done. Degenerates everywhere, orgies, land of 'do as you will'. If this was the 1910's, I wouldn't be considered a fascist but a regular Tory. The problem is you Americans with your liberalism cucked the actual Conservative movements world-wide to the point where they worship rapefugees and invite them in.
>>
>>50878628
Have a (You) friend you made me laugh.
>>
>>50878638
Fascism is the counterpoint to freedom.
Wanting to be fascist is wanting to restrict freedom.
Wanting to restrict freedom is as anti-American as it can fucking get.
Get the fuck out of my country.
>>
>>50876600
I like the Spanish civil war angle where people join the resistance as war vets who either a)despise the empire and want to fight them even if their country won't, b)are bored and in it for the excitement and glory or c) both
>>
>>50878638
>Corporatist

I'm no expert but isn't the fascist term "Corporatist " mean something entirely different?

Like a "corporate" effort of all facets of society or something?
>>
File: TR-8R died for your sins.jpg (76KB, 680x1076px) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R died for your sins.jpg
76KB, 680x1076px
>>50878628
I'd rather not have the thread get shit up between /pol/ vs /leftypol/ shitflinging, but if it has to, autosage is a better time for it.

I'd be way more interested in figuring out how to make an expandable Grand Strategy game out of the EU Galactic Civil War.
>>
>>50878601
Bannon? That guy is just a shitposter half the time, and only called his site "Alt right" before the term had firmly been seized by nazis. It's just a republican news site with a healthy fear of certain kinds of big business. (And standard Republican naivete about other kinds like ISPs and oil.)
>>
>>50878671
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. All elements of society working together for the good of the nation.
>>
>>50878601
Bannon is a Tea Partier who hates establishment Republicans. He's hardly a fascist.
>>
>>50878678
Stellaris mod, maybe?
>>
>>50878678
Isn't that what Rebellion is? And yeah I'm fine with having this blatantly off topic shit fall off the map when we move to a new thread.
>>
File: roger a muirebe.png (469KB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
roger a muirebe.png
469KB, 642x414px
>>50878678
>how to make an expandable Grand Strategy game out of the EU Galactic Civil War
Give it to Paradox.
>>
>>50878680

yeah, corporatist just makes it seem like some capitalism deal when facists really just tolerate capitalism until they bring it under their heel

I really get a kick out of that "alt-right is a big business ploy" when business hates em too
>>
>>50878679
>>50878688
Why did those Nazi parties praise him though? Are they being played like a fiddle?
>>
>>50878688
It is really all traced to his one comment way back calling his site "A haven for the alt-right back when the term was a bit of a battleground between neonazis and right-leaning folks that did not fit into neocon, religious-right, or libertarian baskets. IE any repubkican that hated free trade.
>>
>>50878692
Rebellion is just poorly designed though.
Played the fuck out of it years and years ago, but it was a bad game. Especially with the cheating fucking cunt of a computer bombarding my fucking planets to nothing with just a single fucking fighter transport and I had two shield AND a Tier 2 defensive cannon on the planet. Then when I go to bombard one of their fucking planets with my fleet of dozens of star destroyers and they only have one tier 1 shield and 1 tier one cannon, I get completely fucking wrecked and no damage to them.
Fuck that fucking fuck bullsfuckshit.
>>
>>50878715
>IE any repubkican that hated free trade.
Literally me.
>>
>>50878692
I'd love a Rebellion 2, but the original engine is old as fuck now.

>>50878694
Paradox would be fucking perfect, but good luck getting the Mouse to give them the licence for a niche game.

Or something like the Gihren's Greed games.
>>
>>50878711
See >>50878715
He was publicly sympathetic to the Alt-Right back before it became synonymous with Richard Spencer white nationalist types.
>>
>>50878711
I think it's possible they are either fakes, or able to find some small common ground. Like a relatively uncensored disqus comments section where they can try to sell their screeds and get into hilarious flamewars with others. Like one shitfight I saw between some generic anti jew asshole and a pro jew guy that claimed the founders were originally planning to make the national language of the USA Hebrew. God those comments can be a hoot!
>>
>>50878711
The alt-right is much more focused on nationalism and immigration policy than on fiscal conservatism. Guess who else really likes nationalism and hates immigration policy? It's a spectrum: I'm sure there are a lot of people who consider themselves alt right and don't have a bust of hitler in their house, but I bet they have a strong opinion about women/gays/nonwhites/immigrants
>>
File: blazing-saddles-klan.jpg (84KB, 599x407px) Image search: [Google]
blazing-saddles-klan.jpg
84KB, 599x407px
>>50878711
At this point in time, I'm convinced that the US Nazi party has gone the way of the klan--mostly composed of LARPing federal agents who are fucking around or unaware of the other badges in sheep's clothing.
>>
>>50878734
I meant the board game, but I honestly don't know jack about that either. I was trying to help you turn the tide
>>
>>50878762
Oh yeah, that's obviously the case for all the older organizations.
>>
>>50878765
I got that you were trying to turn away from the /pol/tardation. I was just ranting about the game that ate hours and hours of my life and never ceased to piss me off.
But I kept playing because the only way you really lose a video game is if you quit.
>>
>>50878765
Dude it's after the bump limit, let it be for now, if it starts up before Autosage on the next one then we can have a problem.
>>
File: IMG_7135.jpg (238KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7135.jpg
238KB, 760x596px
>>50878762
>>
>>50878765
So what if we went all Twilight Imperium on it?
>>
>>50878711

If the Alt Right is being played LIKE A FUCKING FIDDLE, that would make Bannon Otacon's Dad and Trump Skullface.

So the real question is, who is adorable baby Psycho-Mantis, the ultimate weapon controlled by Skullface's PURE HATE.

Ivanka I guess?
>>
>>50878794
I highly doubt they are. Bannon is a Nationalist, people just try to excuse it with bullshit, they aren't being played like a fiddle.
>>
>>50878762
Just the name alone doesn't fit the US anyway. NatSoc is inherently a German ideology. That said, fringe parties won't see the return of nationalism. Even those like the Front National in France are really minor. No, nationalism would need to come back from within a mainstream conservative or even liberal party.
>>
>>50878816
They voted for a guy who wants to sell the country to a foreign nation. They got played and conned and just don't want to admit it.
>>
>>50878794
As fun as that train of thought is it mostly comes down to what "Alt-Right" meant at the time Bannon said the word. And at that point it mostly meant anti-trade-treaty-republican of no specific religious conviction. Now it's been colonized by Nazis.
>>
>>50878821
>What is Donald Trump
>What is Brexit
>>
I just want to say that this has been pretty enjoyable as far as political derails go. Very cordial.
>>
>>50878836
Fuck you, faggot.
>>
>>50878826
>unironically believing the Putin meme
>>
>>50878826
The funniest part is that he thinks he can do that without an armed uprising by the US Military, as well as all the other people in the Us who aren't fucking snowed in.
>>50878834
Brexit wasn't a bad idea itself it just brought out a lot of shit the brits incorrectly thought they had quashed.
>>
>>50878834
Yeah, that's what I mean. Most of the Brexit supporters came from mainstream Tories. UKIP was just the push to make the mainstream Tories realise they need to go back to being right-wing because the Dave "Lad" Cameron shtick wasn't going to win them any further elections as Nigel divides the base.
>>
>>50878833

I just wanted to change the subject to Metal Gear so I took my shot.
>>
>>50878836
You had to say it was cordial, didn't you? Now it'll get worse, fuck! Just kidding man, it has been enjoyable.
>>
>>50878865
Oh, that makes sense.
>>
>>50878856
>ignoring the fact that Paul Manafort got a Putin puppet elected in the Ukraine
>that he was hired by Drumpf
>that the campaign only started to resemble a competent establishment when he was there
>he was forced out, but they kept using the exact same playbook from the Ukraine of telling big, stupid, blatant lies and then covering those up with more lies and scandals to keep the media distracted
>Kellyanne Conway just went on TV to look stupid and make Donny look smarter by comparison
>>
>>50878882
I'd worship Trump if he really was a Putin plant, but unfortunately this isn't the case.
>>
>>50878882
That just sounds like hiring the best. If he could get a Russia-friendly man hired in Russia-UNfriendly Ukraine he musta been good. Or so the thinking may have gone.
>>
>>50878857

Brexit was an awful idea, 75% of the reasons stated for pulling out of the EU were complete boogeymen with little if any basis in reality.

If in reality the EU caves like a bunch of pussies and lets GB have all the benefits of the common market without having to abide by the rules on immigration and regulations that members do, then it will be retroactively smart because they will have gained without any cost. But unless/until that happens, it remains retarded.
>>
>>50878882
This is Alex Jones tier. Trump isn't selling out the country to Russia. Why would he? They're comparatively puny both militarily and economically. It's just Democrat fearmongering. There's nothing wrong with being friendly with Putin.

And his campaign was at its most disorganized and unfocused when Manafort was in charge of things but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>50878913
Yeah but the EU isn't exactly doing very well, and I'd rather not see america's closest ally go down with it, if it does in fact go down.
>>
>>50878913
"Another Rotherham, Hebdo, or Nice." was a big driver for Brexit (even if the Rotherham rapists were Pakistanis brought in unde the "former empire" immigration laws rather than Merkel's Refugees) and i think that's a fairly valid fear. People were very upset with the potential downsides of free movement and wanted it dead at all costs.
>>
>>50878913
I'd be more sympathetic to the EU if it wasn't set up in such an unaccountable way. I'd rather have a shitty primeminister than a good king. (I'm aware of the irony of that statement in regards to the U.K.)
>>
>>50878916

Putin has annexed two countries in the last ten years, committed unspeakable war crimes in Syria to keep one of his puppets in control of the country, and is doing everything in his power to keep Iran from becoming and Turkey from staying friendly with Europe and America. There are a million things wrong with being friendly with Putin. Have you forgotten one of the biggest reasons his economy is puny is because we've absolutely curbstomped him with sanctions because of those very things? A Putin-friendly president might undo those sanctions even though he's done nothing but escalate his behavior, which will just give him more money and power to do even worse shit.

This isn't even discussing his authoritarian media control and the fact that he had the opposition party leader assassinated last year. Putin is really fucking bad.
>>
>>50878961
I see all of these as benefits, Mr Soros. I don't even need to try sugar-coating them, they just are.
>>
>>50878939

Iirc Norway, which is not in the EU, still takes in a number of immigrants that the EU wants as part of their deal, BUT i'm fairly certain they get to chose WHO and they have a reasonably diverse crowd (Poles, Eritreans who are pretty religiously diverse, etc)
>>
>>50878961
>There are a million things wrong with being friendly with Putin.
And all of them are completely irrelevant in the face of Russia's massive nuclear arsenal. Friendlier relations with Ivan means a lower probability of getting cheeki'd in the nuclear breekis.
>>
>>50878976
You mean the shit thats falling apart because they have no money?
>>
>>50878961

Why hasn't the US gotten sanctions because of Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, South America, etc?
>>
>>50878961
His internal assassinations are evil but his own business. Funding a counter-coup of his own in Ukraine (you do NOT fuck with the Bear's access to warm water, that is rule #1 of dealing with Russia) and smacking down Georgia's land-grab are not purely agressive actions.

And I hardly think the Russians are behind Iran's hatred of the west. Khomeini's whole Islamic revolution was about fucking over western power and his successors continue that trend..
>>
>>50878961
>committed unspeakable war crimes in Syria to keep one of his puppets in control of the country
The USA have literally been funneling weapons into the hands of murderous rebels and ISIS in response. That's hardly unique to Russia. Putin is no angel but at least he's a rational actor. The sanctions placed on Russia have pushed them towards escalating their behavior.
>>
>>50878992

also the US basically created the hatred of themselves

Funding the Shah and whatnot

Not that who came later was any better, but still
>>
>>50878983
"Falling apart" does not equate to completely disarmed or completely harmless. You don't take risks if nukes are involved, "falling apart" or not.
>>
>>50879003

also

>Putin is simultaneously a massive threat to the west or a paper tiger that we can ignore
>>
>>50879003
Isn't ours still bigger? and if Putin is stupid enough to risk total world destruction for nothing, well we're fucked either way
>>50879000
The Iranian populous wants to be more like the US the regime tries to suppress this but the CIA is better at spying than they are and with the Internets shit gets harder to hide.
>>
>>50879034

I know this

It's a political game

Hopefully Putin stops Trump from doing some dumb neocon "muh nukes" shit to Iran
>>
>>50879034
>Isn't ours still bigger?
Sources vary. According to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, Ploughshares.org, and the Federation of American Scientists, Russia has more warheads (7300 to America's 6970).
>>
>>50875135
>"she kicks a master ass with a lightsaber"
>no, she get her ass kicked when he hasn't JUST BEEN SHOT BY A BOWCASTER.
Kylo Ren has been practicing saber combat since he was trained by Luke, Rey needs to be careful to not injure herself with an exotic weapon she's never wielded before. Kylo Ren can move around pretty well regardless of his wound, he is barely handicapped.

>"she's an expert at flying"
>she's not. She tries desperately to evade 3 TIES, with the Falcon which we've seen take on more than that. She pulls it off in part because of FINN being surprisingly good.
First off, when the Falcon takes on more fighters they typically have more than twice the firepower because there's another person in the other turret. Secondly, she outmaneuvers 3 TIEs with little to no prior flying experience. Saying it was "just 3" is ignoring the fact that they were out gunned by people who actually do this for a living.
>>
>>50879052

Also remember that numbers are irrelevant when even 1% of those warheads could kill millions
>>
>>50879052
That doesn't take into account the power of the warheads. Also, after a certain threshold, does it really matter how many we each have? Shits gonna get fucked after a few dozen.
>>
>>50879048
You know the most fucked up thing is so many countries hate the US but like two-thirds of the time The UN asked us to step in or other world leaders asked us to go in here there and everyone hates the US for that and not the people who asked to to be the worlds police force.
>>50879052
All right, man,
>>
>>50879062
Not that anon but
He was hit by a Wookie Bowcaster Bolt, severely injured, did you not see how powerful it is? pretty fucking handicapped.

She isn't it was terrain knowledge and FInn being a pretty fucking good gunner with some luck that made that happen
>>
>>50879112
Did you see how fast he CAN move? He isn't slow by any means. He didn't forget actual fighting styles he learned. Rey has never used a lightsaber and is very prone to accidentally injuring herself, let alone responding to any fighting styles he has practiced. I'll give you luck, they had lots of that...
>>
>>50879152
Yes, Never said he wasn't. Probably not but he also had lost focus, he was feeling too much doubt and we all know the force hates doubt. True to the first part but the second, her strikes were never anything an amateur wouldn't be able to do especially since she's pretty proficient with a staff, some of that skill is transferable not all but some lastly Ben also reminded her that she's force sensitive and apparently more powerful than she knows and can thus use the Force, it gave her the advantage towards the end.
>>
File: 1439448577166.png (17KB, 374x208px) Image search: [Google]
1439448577166.png
17KB, 374x208px
>>50878976

You really dumb if you think Putin is the kind of retard to actually use nuclear weapons.

Nobody who has ever fucking OWNED NUCLEAR GODDAMN WEAPONS HAS USED THEM

BECAUSE NO ONE IS THAT DUMB

Except 1945 United States because we didn't understand them at that point.

If anyone understands HOW GODDAMN BAD NUCLEAR WEAPONS ARE its fucking Russia

ITS FUCKING PUTIN

So really, shut the goddamn fuck up with your stupid "durr we dont have a nuclear war with russia" dumb retarded bullshit

And if Putin is that goddamn retarded, someone needs to kill that fucker GODDAMN YESTERDAY

So no FUCK YOU
>>
>>50879287
Holy shit chill due.
>>
>>50879287
Liberals, what do you expect from them? They don't hate Putin because he's annexing countries and shit. That's just why they pretend to hate him. They hate him because he doesn't accept degeneracy and clamps down on faggotry.
>>
>>50877621
>In fact, in many wars you have foreign troops who join up.
That's happening vs Daesh too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoqds4LV9RI
>>
>>50879305
For them too unfortunately.
>>
File: 1414989143715.gif (702KB, 193x298px) Image search: [Google]
1414989143715.gif
702KB, 193x298px
>>50879300

Holy shit your fucking dumb

You just read my entire NUKES ARE BAD post and chocked it up to "durr liberals hate putin because he jackboots faggots" ?

Fuck you. No seriously, fuck you, and get the fuck out. You dumb retarded fucking cunt

GET THE FUCK OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50879300
That was a conservative saying that I believe, don't misrepresent your foes just makes you look bad. If he is an SJW feel free to shut on him for that.
>>
Remember, not matter how close you feel to winning your debate or how much fun you are having, don't take it to the next thread.
>>
>>50879328
Senpai I'm literally agreeing with you. All I'm saying is basically Liberals aren't that dumb to think he's going to nuke everything (or maybe they actually are, who knows) they just don't like anything he's doing because he jackboots faggots. That's all there is to liberal hate for Putin. I'm fucking agreeing with you, Jesus.
>>
>>50879365
You might have just fucked the next thread.
>>
Looking at the pulot helmets in the ROUVG, there are three helmets with yellow standard Phoenixes blue 6 has an almost identical helmet to Porkins, while Red 8 and Blue seven have theirs on the cheek sides. There is also a Yellow Wren Phoenix on Gold 6, and a yellow stenciled wren on blue five with a black interior. Fairly sure all the standard yellow Phoenix helmets are Tierfon Yellow Aces, unsure about the Wrens.
>>
>>50879287
Current party line is that Russia is perfectly willing to use them in a defensive manner. It will use them if it or its allies are targeted by a nuclear first strike (reasonable), but Russia's defense policy also made it clear that it can and will use nukes if the existence of the state is "threatened," even in a conventional conflict. This is most definitely not a pure "no first use policy." Any measure that improves US-Russian relations means one less step away from conventional war, and thus, one less step away from having to roll the nuclear dice because the anti-Russkies in the West right now most certainly won't be satisfied with mere containment or stopping the Russians at the Russian border.
>>
>>50879377
That's not all there is to their hate for him he 's a human rights abusing war mongering, american election hacking shithead who threatened a war he'd lose without nukes over nothing.
>>
File: 1412823700835.jpg (69KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1412823700835.jpg
69KB, 500x738px
>>50879377
>I'm fucking agreeing with you, Jesus

Oh ok, sorru fampai, I was angry.

I dont give a shit about liberals or conservatives - that bullshit is tearing this country apart.

But the whole mentality for better relations with russia "so they dont nuke us" is the dumbest shit ever.

Trump on the other hand apparently thinks nukes are cool and can be used in some kinda capacity.

Hes a dumb retarded fucking cunt, and I swear to god, this election was between ignorance and evil, and we got ignorance instead, which is going to bite our asses.

I fucking HATE politics in this shit country REEEEEEEEE

>>50879394

fucking RETARDED

There is no possible way to use nukes in any kind of capacity, because it sends a message to the world that its ok to use them - once you cross that line, you can't un-cross it.

Putin is dangerous enough to warrant assassination if that policy is anything other then posturing.
>>
>>50879417
I agree on that as well. Trump is a populist who uses a nationalist base to support him, even though he isn't a nationalist himself. He just said whatever's necessary to get himself elected. As a nationalist, I'd rather have Ted "El Rato" Cruz than Trump. Yes, I'm a latent CruzMissile. Ideally I'd have Santorum but he's a papist, so not sure on that.
>>
>>50879377

The fact that altright cuckservatives want Putin to dom their assholes and throats with his manly russian dick because of how mean he is to the gays never fails to amuse me.
>>
>>50879417
>Trump on the other hand apparently thinks nukes are cool
To be fair, nukes ARE pretty cool desu senpai.
>>
>>>50879394
>fucking RETARDED
>There is no possible way to use nukes in any kind of capacity, because it sends a message to the world that its ok to use them - once you cross that line, you can't un-cross it.
>Putin is dangerous enough to warrant assassination if that policy is anything other then posturing.
I am pretty sure most countries also have a policy of "If you have tanks and conventional bombing runs too far into our country and we can't beat them conventionally we will end your existence and probably the world rather than surrender. " that's just standard. Makes somewhat more sense for a country with its capital farther from the sea border than the USA though.
>>
File: 1345010004874.gif (935KB, 324x184px) Image search: [Google]
1345010004874.gif
935KB, 324x184px
>>50879444
>I'd rather have Ted "El Rato" Cruz than Trump

My husbando was Rand but he got no support. Thankfully he was out of this election before it turned into a fucking clown show

>>50879461

No they aren't, nukes are fucking dumb. The whole concept is retarded, and their entire purpose is to be a goddamn warcrime.

Nukes are too big to use tactically, they are strategic weapon designed to kill civilians. And from an imperial point of view, nuclear weapons are retarded because THEY RUIN THE LAND YOU WANT TO CONQUER

So no, nukes a shit.

>>50879471
No ones been dumb enough to do that shit, and hopefully no one will.

Only madmen look at things like MAD as a legitimate idea.
>>
>>50879485
>and their entire purpose is to be a goddamn warcrime
Currently their entire purpose is to make warfare between nuclear states impossible. That seems pretty cool to me.
>>
>>50879485
Oh a femanon? No wonder you came in here raging.
>>
File: belka nukes.png (149KB, 650x2604px) Image search: [Google]
belka nukes.png
149KB, 650x2604px
>>50879485
>Only madmen look at things like MAD as a legitimate idea.
>No world wars since '45
>No major invasions into nuclear-armed states
Fear of MADmen seems to be working so far.
>>
>>50879502
Grow up, and quit projecting. Nothing that poster said insinuates femanon unless you're a buttmad christ-fag who gets their panties in a twist over the thought of a dude having a husbando.
>>
File: 1394503108771.jpg (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394503108771.jpg
42KB, 250x250px
>>50879501
>That seems pretty cool to me

Its retarded, but whatever

>>50879502
>Oh a femanon?

Uh....

>>50879509
>Fear of MADmen seems to be working so far.

Which instantly disappears the moment the world thinks "oh cool, those guys used nukes, so I guess I can too, yay!
>>
File: raph-lomotan-tarkin.jpg (94KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
raph-lomotan-tarkin.jpg
94KB, 612x792px
Mad men, you say?
>>
>>50879526
It was a joke mother fucker relax you tits.
>>
>>50879526
>2016
>intentionally forgetting that the vast majority of husbands have wives, in the interest of "equality."
>>
>>50879529
What's your solution to MAD? Everyone promises to deactivate all their nukes at exactly the same time and never make them again in secret?
>>
>>50879529
Sorry if you're gay I just wanted make a lighthearted semi-mysogynistic joke and some asshole can't take that.
>>
>>50879529
See, MAD doesn't just stop Nuclear war. It also dissuades conventional invasion of nuclear armed nations. (Except maybe North Korea, rhey already had a pretty effective convetional detterent because Seoul is so close to their border, they didn't NEED the Bomb.)

The only questionable case is probably the India Pakistan area and the rest of the world will probably sit that one out and take it as a big reminder of just why nukes are dangerous.
>>
>>50879529
MAD is the only thing that has kept the world from continuous, major war.

If you look back on the history of humanity, the normal state of civilization is "at war."

We war for resources, territory, ideology, and stability. Peace is a lie there is only passion .

I'll trade all-out war for our current tenuous peace any day.

Maybe you should do a little more research before spouting off about MAD.
>>
>>50879578
SIth Heretic!
>>
>>50879585
Jedi hippie!
>>
File: 1407022519576.gif (939KB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
1407022519576.gif
939KB, 255x164px
>>50879541
>Everyone promises to deactivate all their nukes at exactly the same time and never make them again in secret?

Unfortunately MAD works, I just dont have to like it. Nuclear Power is something that should be invested more into, instead of weapons. Fuckin green party hippies

>>50879546

My love for Ran is platonic, you wouldn't understand. I totally don't want him to hold me in a strong arms, while we talk about dismantling the patriot act, baka

>>50879560
Again, I understand it works - but your not getting what I'm saying - it works, but nukes should never ever be used, no matter the circumstances.

>>50879578
See what I said above.

Again, snuggling sempai putin to stop him from using nukes on us is retarded and backing that kind of lunatic is double retarded - triple retarded if you actually think he would do it, special olympic retarded if you think hes cool for being in the mind of doing so.
>>
>>50879595
The Dark side will never win the Balance must be preserved!
>>
Im starting a new thread
(no politics!... at least for the first couple of posts)
>>
>>50879623

Please do
>>
>>50879623
Also no posts saying how glad you are that there's no more politics. It does with this thread. We never talk about it again. It's like burying a hooker in the Everglades.
>>
New
>>50879641
>>
>>50879633
You really fucked it now.
Thread posts: 579
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.