[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 44

File: 40k general.jpg (39KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
40k general.jpg
39KB, 220x333px
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
File: mel.jpg (142KB, 760x758px) Image search: [Google]
mel.jpg
142KB, 760x758px
>Orks are a melee race!
>I2
>>
"no edition" edition
>>
What are the odds of a new Abaddon model with the Fall of Cadia stuff?
>>
>>50853623
i think the problem is that orks are known as being a extremely strong race but IIRC they aren't known to be swift. But their strength still doesnt translate into the rules at all.
>>
>>50853627
I'd probably say pretty high.
>>
I'm new to the game and I read the psychic phase stuff but it's all still pretty confusing.

I want to take a Sorcerer for my HQ in a chaos space marines army, and I heard that psychic shriek is a good psychic power to take. So if I'm correct, I can just make my Sorcerer take all his powers from the telepathy table, and he'll get shriek automatically no matter what. My question is: let's say I want to just take the cheap points cost sorcerer and just use him for psychic shriek instead of spending points on melee stuff. Is this a good idea? Should I make him mastery level 2 or 3? Or give him spell familiar?
>>
I've made a kind of 40k Synthwave video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVticUKZs5U

Do you think the concept has potential?
>>
>>50853648

If all you want is psychic shriek, all you need is a barebones level 1 sorceror.
>>
>>50853644
>>50853627
because he's such a shoe-in, I'm more interested in seeing if they'll do anything else for chaos.

plastic typhus? plastic 'zerks to go with plastic kharn? cypher? some random character like the inquisitor/magos?
>>
>>50853665

Chaos just got their new models with the 1k sons stuff and probably Abby.
>>
>>50853665
>plastic typhus? plastic 'zerks to go with plastic kharn? cypher? some random character like the inquisitor/magos?

Honestly of those listed my only guess would be MAYBE Cypher.
I'd be expecting a more basic box such as Chosen / CSM / Havocs
>>
>>50853665

PLASTIC POWER ARMOURED LORD/SORCEROR

FUCKIN DO IT GW
>>
>>50853641
Honestly, I like what they did for Ork's strength, by giving them all furious charge.
Boyz being 3/4
Nobs being 4/5 (stronger than any marine on the charge bar blood angels!)
Warbosses being 5/6 (6 being the baseline for giant monsters)

The Problem with them is shit initiative and shit wargear, the initiative can be fixed by making 'ere we go like a furious charge for inititive, +1 I on the charge.
Wargear would be much harder to fix and would require moving everything around and adjusting their points costs.
>>
posting for new thread :

Speaking of Genestealer cults I was looking at my competitve list and was thinking : I generally run the first curse formation ( alongside two subterranean uprisings brood cycle and Lord of the cult for a magus)

Im starting to second guess this. If I take out the 20 unit of Genestealers with 10 scythes I can generally pump up the hybrid metamorphs to 53 across six squads all with cult icon and all with claws so WS 5 S6 and 2 units of 6 abberrants with Power Hammers

That seems WAY more useful than the first curse, anyone have any experience running that?
>>
>>50853699
I kinda wish thery would make the red thirst +1s +1I on the charge.
>>
Any infor on what Fall of Cadia is? Is it 40k End Times?
>>
File: 1482341143953.gif (2MB, 255x178px) Image search: [Google]
1482341143953.gif
2MB, 255x178px
>>50853665
Updated berzerkers would make my dick diamonds.

Probably wont happen though. Guess ill just keep pimping them out with forgeworld shit
>>
>>50853733
Red thirst is a formation bonus and +2s on the charge would be too much unless they removed furious charge meaning they got nothing outside formations.
>>
>>50853764
it's another warzone book

no one knows more and no one will no more until GW puts out more information themselves
>>
>>50853663
alright thanks

when do people actually take higher mastery levels? I know sorcerers on bikes are popular, to go with other bikers or spawn, so I'm suspecting that it has something to do with buffing the unit the psyker is in? For context, my idea with my sorcerer is just stick him in a rhino with 9 marines and use psychic shriek for more anti-infantry power. What are people casting that makes them take more mastery levels and spell familiar?
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1000pts.jpg (121KB, 900x603px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1000pts.jpg
121KB, 900x603px
Thoughts on this? Just getting into 40k and would like to go World Eaters, tried to build something off of the Start Collecting box.
>>
is rerolling warlord traits that good of a thing that every formation needs to have it included?
>>
Quick noob question, but I'm looking to get into 40k. I like the lore and mechanics of Genestealer cults, although the price (comparatively) is a little off putting.

1d4chan for GC says you can get cheap models from buying from the Deathwatch: Overkill box- Is there a better place than Ebay for this or is that the go to?
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 990pts.jpg (118KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 990pts.jpg
118KB, 900x601px
>>50853807

Since I'm in a generous mood, I've overhauled your list. This is doable from the Start Collecting and has some points left over for garnish.
>>
>>50853816
basic CAD gives it and no one seems to mind, also there are some really terrible warlord traits like all the warlord's and unit's ccw gain soul blaze
>>
>>50853855
Hm, i can see it being useful but from most batreps ive watched unless its some like insanely broken warlord trait then it usually doesn't affect the game enough to even be worth considering to reroll.
>>
>>50853843
not that guy but does traitor legions supplement mean you can't take artifacts from the base codex? if not, I'd just replace the stock terminator combi-bolter with axe of blind fury to get an extra attack from the stock power weapon
>>
>>50853868
right and how often has it come up in the games you've played?
>>
>>50853878

I'm a fan of the ol' claw/fist combo but yeah, there's nothing stopping you taking Axe of Blind Fury, to trade some versatility for extra chopping.
>>
are there any disadvantages to stripping a figure multiple times with break fluid?
the only possible danger i could think of is loss of finer details due to excess pressure using a brush.

will multiple immersions in break fluid have any effect on the hardness of the plastic or the bonds of the superglue?
>>
File: New SoB Model Proportions 2.jpg (461KB, 805x1000px) Image search: [Google]
New SoB Model Proportions 2.jpg
461KB, 805x1000px
>sisters of cattle
>>
>>50853939

I use Dawn Power Dissolver. Safe and clean.
>>
>>50853939
i wouldn't suggest a dangerous material that can easily eat through metal for stripping models, get power cleaner or simple green instead
>>
>>50853880

My unit of Bullgryn took a wound from a Dark apostle eith that WT.
Soul blaze killed the priest, replacing zealot with default Ld7.
My Bullgryn wall got swept immediately.
>>
File: magnus.jpg (72KB, 447x525px) Image search: [Google]
magnus.jpg
72KB, 447x525px
Magnus the Red waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were traitors in the Imperium. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Emperor were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway. Magnus was a Primarch for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the Immaterium and he said to Emperor "I want to be in the warp daddy..."
Emperor said "No! You will BE CORRUPT BY DAEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the Temple of the Serpent Lodge on Davin he knew there were daemons.
"This is Ahriman" the vox link crackered. "You must warn the Emperor!"
So Magnus gotted his mind bullets and blew up the Webway.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the Custodes
"I will shoot at him" said Malcador and he fired the rocket missiles. Magnus plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the Webway fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the daemons" he shouted
The vox said "No, Magnus. You are the daemons"
And then Magnus was a traitor.
>>
>>50853843
I'd drop a few of the marines and take a raptor squad instead of the spawn

jumping meltaguns are 2gud
>>
>>50854085

But you can only double up the specials in the CSM squads at 10 marines.
>>
I want an army that can dominate the psychic phase, with lots of varied powers.
>>
>>50854106
and I'm saying those meltaguns would do better on raptors than they would on rhino marines
>>
>>50854132

Tzeentch daemons.
>>
File: 1482476487504.jpg (212KB, 900x1245px) Image search: [Google]
1482476487504.jpg
212KB, 900x1245px
The Company Champion should also have a relic blade, making it 1845.

I'm not sure about which Chapter Tactic to use. Either Imperial Fists, or Iron Hands.

Feedback please.
>>
>>50854132
Mixed daemons
>>
>>50854022
sounds hilarious, but soul blaze happens at the end of the turn well after combat and you can look out sir it while it's also randomly allocated.

even with the wound done to you like a shooting attack you're still locked in combat so you wouldn't need another morale check

that or i'm completely talking out of my ass now. enjoy your xmas eve
>>
Night Lords using Trait Legion rules or HH Legion rules?
>>
>>50853665
Just updated regular CSM would be great.
>>
Is there any real reason to use a Baneblade variant when Knights exist? I kind of want to build a giant Admech pimp tank, but they cost stupid numbers of points for something that is essentially a Knight with a big gun and no D-Choppa or Stomp, and if I want a huge expensive gun of cool the Ordinatii exist. Wouldn't want to get one if it's just going to be a display bit.
>>
>>50853868
>>50853816
In my experiemce It's more to get rid of worthless traits than to fish for the perfect one.
>>
>>50854171
>that or i'm completely talking out of my ass now

Nope you're correct would've had to go something like this:
>1/2 (4+) for Soul Blaze to go off
>1/3 (5+) for Soul Blaze to Wound (majority 5 due to Bullgryn)
>1/4 for Wound to be allocated to Priest
>1/6 to fail Look Out Sir
>1/2 chance to fail 4++
>>
>>50854041
Ahriman did nothing wrong
>>
>>50853878
Nope.
So you can have your flying DP of nurgle with FNP and Black Mace.
>>
>>50853609
Couldn't even be assed to make an edition.
>>
>>50854194
HH for 30k
TL for 40k
>>
>>50854250
live and learn. i've made big mistakes like that before

>seeker chariot and exalted charge invisible unit of grey knight interceptors that just flamed my pink horror and herald unit to death
>i'm under the impression the chariot rider takes d6 hits on flamer overwatch so lesser chariot dies
>exalted makes it to combat but we're convinced that they need to roll to hit
>exalted chariot does 1 easily saved wound then rider gets bopped on the head

looking back i really wasn't paying attention that day. chariots count as a single unit, not an open topped transport so i should've taken only 1 wound to the chariot. also the hammer of wrath hit instantly so no 6s to hit
>>
How does this look for a fluffy Biel-Tan list?
>>
File: clip+(2016-12-24+at+12.07.57).png (218KB, 1247x1036px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-12-24+at+12.07.57).png
218KB, 1247x1036px
>>50854303
Forgot image
>>
>>50854303
Pretty empty.
>>
>>50854313

>fluffy Biel-Tan
>even fields a Phoenix Lord

Anon, you rule.
>>
>>50854285

Making an army that fits both purposes is kinda hard. Wtf am I supposed to do with a 10man Volkite Terror Squad or a unit of 20 bolters for 40k?
>>
File: IMG_5753.png (35KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5753.png
35KB, 192x192px
what are the best books set in warhammer 40K? I want to pick one up for spare reading time.
15 Hours was great.
>>
>>50854332
Eisenhorn Trilogy

Most anything else by Dan Abnett or Sandy Mitchell. Some of Aaron Dembski-Bowden's stuff like the Night Lords trilogy.
>>
File: 20161224_181302.jpg (5MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20161224_181302.jpg
5MB, 4128x3096px
>>50853609
Rate my emergency terrain, /40ktg/.

Took me a good evening to finish.
>>
>>50854353
can/10
>>
>>50854313
Wouldplayfun,fluffygameagainst/10

I want more of you to play Eldar
>>
>>50849370
>If you do play Orkz or vanilla 'nids... yeah, the game is pretty fucking bleak right now.
Care to guess which two xenos armies I play?
>>
>>50854332
ADB's stuff is okay but ONLY if you are okay with fluff rape, he ruins a lot of characters but, by themselves, his books are okay.

The Beast arises was fun, there's a link to it somewhere around here. Plus some of those one-shot Deathwacth stories if you're looking for something light.

I'm reading through Ben Counter's Grey Knights books, and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. He's a bit flowery at times but his characters are good and few capture the feel of 40k as well as him
>>
>>50853963
But.... SoS look horrible....
>>
Quick question: I want to create for my space marines a 10th company task force. THat means I need 3 units of scouts, I have 5 regular scouts, and 3 scouts on bikes.
Can a Land Speeder Storm unit as be the third unit? Can you disembark those guys? it looks like they are a fixed part of the vehicle.
>>
>>50853963
this is stupid. gw reuses too much shit already, their cads are like Holy Stc prints that they can only copy paste on, its seldom they make actual new stuff like gsc/skitarii. look at the number of rhino prints...
SoS look exactly like DE, its probably three clicks away in cad.
>>
>>50854445

No, only scout units or scout bike units count. Like it says in the book.
>>
>>50854132
space wolves. psychic hood, adamantium will, rune priests on big cocked wolves
>>
>>50854244
There's a special feeling you get when you field one. I personally only use mine though when its games i don't actually care about winning, like when my group insists on playing 700 odd some points with as few models as possible. I never win, but its always fun to watch them scramble to blow it and my dominus to hell and back.
>>
>>50854362
my sides
>>
>>50854353
Not bad.... Statue looks really out-of-place though.... is it just for scale?
>>
Is there any quick and easy way to paint black power armour?
>>
>>50854445
The guys on the speeder are just cosmetic. You need 3-5 units of Scouts or Scout Bikes.
>>
>>50854484
I was considering a Hellhammer to turn into a cool ride for my Archmagos, build out the hull or the turret into a command platform with some control consoles and such.

I'd imagine it works better with Heresy Mechanicum since they can give it Interceptor and Tank Hunters, as well as +1 damage table, so you have a S10 AP0 Ignores Cover Ordnance Tank Hunters 7" Interceptor Turreted blast with a few guaranteed repair rolls, which is a hell of a gun, but in 40k I imagine it would only see use with a big blob of Conscripts around it or some Knight is going to walk up and smack it with a sword.
>>
>>50854474
To clarify: I meant additional 5 scouts that are in the LSS, not the Land Speeder itself. Otherwise I buy a regular bunch of scouts without dedicated transport.
>>
Can a haemonculus in a covens list take wargear from the regular dark eldar codex?
>>
>>50854553
>>50854588
Sorry, you are right, I can't take it.
>>
File: Eldar - 500pts.jpg (69KB, 900x441px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar - 500pts.jpg
69KB, 900x441px
>>50853609
What do we think? I'm new to eldar and made this list with the old Elder battleforce and a farseer that I picked up yesterday.
>>
>>50854623
Try something more industrial looking? Got any Rhinos? The partition from inside those has a little monitor thingy on it that might work?
>>
>>50854573
1. Spray black. Edge highlight with Eshin Gray. Can look sharp and not to bad if you've got good brush control.

2. Dark Grey, Wash with Nuln Oil. Easiest, but probably the worst looking. Results in an "Off- Black" with minor shading.

3. Lots of layers of very thin (use medium) very dark greys/brown on top of black edge highlighting up to a grey highlight. Looks the best, but lots of work.
>>
File: HawkEyetotheRight.jpg (16KB, 218x293px) Image search: [Google]
HawkEyetotheRight.jpg
16KB, 218x293px
>>50854353

Looks fine from here.
>>
Is there a Dark Angels 7th pdf kicking around?
>>
>>50854638
Not yet. I'll go on a bigger shopping spree next year and get a lot of vehicles. In January there are a few boxes for armoured assault that could be interesting.
>>
>>50854711
You forgot this

4. Base in Leadbelcher. Use 7 consecutive washes of Nuln Oil.
>>
I just ordered Battle for Vedros for my girlfriend and I to play at our FLGS. What am I in for?
>>
>>50853878
>does traitor legions supplement mean you can't take artifacts from the base codex?

Nope, you can take either/or.

However, you cannot take two artefacts on the same model, and can only take one of each artefact per army.
>>
>>50854621
I don't believe so they have their own relic and war gear options. I wouldn't mind if they ever got haywire grenades. I can never seem to get enough anti-tank in my lists.
>>
>no edition
>no link to previous thread
who keeps letting these spergs make threads
>>
>>50854553
Other guy wasn't me. I just grabbed a few bits to glue into place. I agree though, maybe it'd look more appropriate in weathered bronze?
>>
>>50854815
All the lazy idiots who can't be bothered to do it themselves.
>>
File: Medicae.jpg (406KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
Medicae.jpg
406KB, 600x870px
Repeating my request from the previous thread.
The Primus Medicae is supposedly getting released next week, and I'm currently on vacation in the asscrack of America, miles away from any GW store. Are there any UKbros who would do me a tremendous favour and nab one for me? I would pay you for your trouble.
>>
>>50854330
2 Count as plasma in 8 man bolter squad?
>>
Thoughts on the following list?

Eldar Warhost (always run 6")

>Farseer
>8x Storm Guardians - 2x Fusion Guns, 2x Power Swords
>Vyper - Brightlance
>3x War Walkers - 6x Scatter Lasers
>3x Support Batteries - 3x D-Cannons
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

Harlequin Masque (can run and charge after turn 1)
>6x Troupe - 2x Caress, 1x Embrace, Master w/Caress
>Starweaver (Dedicated Transport)
>2x Skyweavers - 2x Zephyr Glaive, 2x Haywire Cannon
>Void Weaver - Prismatic Cannon

Basically the goal is a fast list with lots of punch, I feel like its a decent TAC list (lacks a little AA but War Walkers with TL are serviceable enough given the lack of fliers in my meta). Farseer will spend most of his time with the D-Cannon batteries just tossing out buffs and maybe an Eldritch Storm.
>>
File: Get me pictures of deadpool.gif (65KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
Get me pictures of deadpool.gif
65KB, 300x191px
>>50854919
i think i've seen this list before, have you tried it a few times? where are those battle reports?
>>
>>50854893

They all look the same, though. The best I can do is use them as plasma, but there is a very real chance that I'd be sitting on 30 Volkite Marines if I decide to go with Terror Assault.
>>
>>50854974

I've been tinkering with similar ideas - some iteration of Space Elves of multiple flavors.I think I've landed on the final iteration - it misses out on some of the fun of Warp Spiders (but also misses out on their shitty models) and doesn't play the stereotypical 'bikes and D' Eldar list.

I'm concern about GSC obviously but I've played a few test games against a very good GSC player and the Harlequins are pretty great at shredding them and keeping them honest.
>>
>>50854798
For some asinine reason I can't buy that box here. Would have been useful as gift instead of what I cobbled together from the webstore.
>>
Question, does the pistol rule essentially mean that the weapon is a gun that counts as and can roll attacks as a CC weapon?
>>
>>50853711
Sorry I responded in the last thread before I realized the new one was up.

Competitive GSC shouldn't be running squads of more than 5 metamorphs or bothering with icons or aberrants (that you pay points for anyway, see below).

First Curse can work but I wouldn't waste points on scything talons. If you take it out, put those points towards a CAD or two with another 2-3 Magi and some bare Acolyte squads for tax. Focus on summoning hundreds of points worth of free units with all upgrades that arrive by Cult Ambush all game long.
>>
>>50854161
1. Why a land raider?

2. Why heavy bolters on the tactical marines?
>>
>>50855101

Sort of yes - there is an important caveat that you don't get paired weapon bonus unless you also count as armed with a CCW.
>>
>>50855133

Dedicated transport for the HG.

Theme, I guess.
>>
>>50853711
First Curse is usually an overkill, but it has a great psychological effect. Also pretty brutal if the Patriarch is your warlord and he gets the trait which lets you choose his Cult Ambush result.
But from a powergamer point if view, getting another CAD for more Patriarchs/Magi is a better choice.
I wouldn't add more members to the units from SU, but upgrading your Metamorphs to Claws/Whips should be mandatory.
>>
>>50853816
For GSC it's a godsend, it means your Patriarch has 3 chances instead of 2 to fish for first turn charge, upping it from a 30% to like a 42% likelihood.
>>
File: 1482473827180.png (142KB, 892x573px) Image search: [Google]
1482473827180.png
142KB, 892x573px
Should I be going for MSU in a small Emp's Chil'ins list, or should I just stick to 10 and 10 for now?
>>
>>50855240
MSU if you don't want to use icons. 10 man Squads if you do.
>>
>>50854106
>Taking 10 chaos marines.
Either 5 or 8 for fluff.
You can take two specialist weapons at any number of marines in raptor and biker squads.
>>
There is no greater feeling than playing a smug GSC player who's infiltrated for turn 1 charges and seizing the initiative and just demolishing half the army.
>>
>>50855240
MSU unless you take the Icon.
>>
>>50855159
First up, if you're running a land raider, either get the Crusader for maximum dudes or get the Redeemer because flame storm cannons are amazing. There's nearly absolutely no reason why you'd ever want to run a vanilla land raider. Second thing if you're running a land raider. Always fill it to the brim. If you need to cut points from somewhere else, do it. Anything less than a full land raider is a waste of points that could have gone someplace else.

Well, if it's for a theme, I won't rag on the heavy bolter choice. With that in consideration, I'd say go Imperial Fists for some sweet rerolls on those heavy bolters. Hope this helps
>>
So I am finishing off my WarConvo Knight after it arrives on Wednesday, and my friend keeps bringing Vraks Unending Host (2+ respawn with Outflank into Ongoing Reserves) and Ordnance Tyrant lists. Would that be worthy of a WarConvo to fight, because I find it infuriating. You can't kill anything of importance, you can't hold objectives because of all the outflanking bodies and you can't hide from the artillery in CC. Thinking I need far more firepower than I brought, Rangers didn't cut it.
>>
File: Orks - 1850.jpg (190KB, 900x941px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1850.jpg
190KB, 900x941px
Rate me.
>>
File: 1464915998254.jpg (327KB, 719x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1464915998254.jpg
327KB, 719x1111px
>>50855021
looks good, i have some doubts about the storm guardians compared to defenders but you've convinced me before

>>50855282
what did you use?
>>
>>50855289

It does. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>50855282
This is the main reason why First Curse is good, a horde of twenty 2+ cover 5+ invulnerable T4 models is pretty resilient if you don't deploy too aggressively and happen to get seized.
>>
>>50855298

Just look up Matt Root's War Convo, play that.

>>50855310

Ultimately the Storm Guardians are there in some capacity because I've got a sweet spot for them. They work pretty well with the Warhost benefit but I just like them.

Also I was using Harlequins - rolled the +4 to Seize warlord trait.
>>
>>50855264
>muh 8 man squads for fluff
Are people seriously doing this?
>>
>>50855338
>Doing something for fluff reasons

Whats not to get, or are you one of those people who are bad for the hobby?
>>
>>50854827
I think the problem is that it's weird to see a nice looking statue next to some industrial equipment like stuff. Irl where would you find statues? Either in a park or an important building like a church
>>
How do you pronounce Cthonia?
>>
>>50855335

Yeah that unit is tough - I've had some fun barreling a full size troupe + solitaire into them before though.
>>
>>50854633
>playing eldar

Just throw the fuckers in the bin and go with a real army like Space Marines.
>>
>>50855365
Ka-thown-nyaa
>>
>>50855335
It can definitely take a good bit of shooting or a serious CC unit to take it down. That's why I like putting my warlord Patriarch in it.
>>
>>50855140
So, if I, for WHATEVER reason, had a sergeant with two plasma pistols; I don't get +1 A?
>>
File: HoR.png (27KB, 676x500px) Image search: [Google]
HoR.png
27KB, 676x500px
So there's no Heralds of Ruin general up, So I;ll ask here:

Could I, with lucky rolls, play this list successfully? Or am I just mathematically fucked?
>>
>>50855398
Such tempting b8 m8
>>
>>50855448
boys not toys my dude
>>
How do I make these Formation sheets I see in this thread?
>>
>>50855353
>build a decidedly unoptimized list because muh fluff
>lose to an optimized list
Boo WAACfags are killing the hobbby ;_;
>>
>>50853699
I've suggested for a long time that things go back to how they used to. Orks used to get +1 I on the charge, allowing each tier of Boyz to compete with respective enemies. Boyz swing as fast as humies and faster than crons which allows them to bring a swift beating, while the Marines still hit them first.

Nobz can compete with marines and other elite core infantry on the charge. And warbosses can ace a marine in combat (unless wielding a klaw)
>>
>>50855448

Any team with more than half a dozen dudes is going to give you the back of the ring hand, my man.
>>
>>50855482
The only players killing the hobby are the people who sperg out about your list being like 3 points over
>>
>>50855481

Check the bottom of the OP ;)
>>
>>50855427

Actually re-reading the rules I think he would get the bonus. I cannot find a concrete reason he would not, it simply states he count as being armed with CCW if he has a pistol so in theory 2 pistols count as 2 CCWs.
>>
>>50855543
Cool, ad-hoc Cypher here I come.
>>
>>50855517
Thanks. :)
I really need to finish that "reading" lessons.
>>
>>50855510
Those are WAACfags for the most part though. They try to build such uber lists that they panic over what someone else, who in there eyes, is obviously trying their hardest to win and not at all just playing to play would bring in with those extra points
>>
>>50855427
>whatever reason

anon, follow your dreams. if you wanna double up on plasma pistols then go for it
>>
>>50855482
>Playing this game with any hint of being a WAAC fag

Its a roleplaying game.
>>
>>50855337
The root war convocation is cool, but uses the yiff drop pod rental service that got faqd.
>>
>>50855648

Games Workshop seems to disagree given that they're working with the LVO guys on FAQs, they're fielding a team of design studio guys at the Adepticon team tournament, and are officially supporting tournament events.
>>
>>50855240
My thinking is to MSU if using the Kakophani Formation, and to go big with Icon if not.
>>
>>50855669

Eh he'll win the ITC this year since they haven't fully adopted the GW FAQ (or won't have for LVO).

Ultimately I stopped playing my rental pods on the first FAQ and I've still done well with War Convo - I started taking the SoS formation and its helped a ton.
>>
>>50855674
Scrabble has tournaments, whats your point?
>>
>>50855674
>they're fielding a team of design studio guys at the Adepticon team tournament
Speaking of which, apparently Cruddace will be there. You think if enough people show up to tell him to fuck off we can send a message to GW?
>>
>>50855305
Expensive/10
>>
>>50855704

Pretty simple - the way you play the game i.e. as a roleplaying game is not the only way to play the game.

>>50855722

I'm hoping we draw them during the team tournament just because I want to meet the dude.
>>
>>50855365
Sih-thoh-nia

The C is a fag
>>
>>50855697
I've taken to including a barebones squad of Custodes, despite the fact that it prevents me from maxing on bloops.

They work perfectly for tying down the enemies dedicated melee units so that you can get the most use out of your sicarians.
>>
What do you poor Tyranid players use as a Reaper of Obliterax.
>>
>>50853609
i hate epubs
>>
>>50855753

Makes sense - I assume you've been better able to get your stalkers and infiltrators into their targets they like now?
>>
>>50855730
scratchbuild/10
>>
>>50855783
Then buy the book you gay pirate.
>>
>>50855780
>Tyranids
>using "Bio-Artefacts"
Not even once.
>>
>>50855805
I didn't buy a Trygon Prime to be competitive anon. I have Ork friends to think about.

If I wanted to win I'd bring 2 FHT, spore mine troops, 2 Tyrant Guard, etc.
>>
>>50855820
The thing is that, as bad as they are competitively, the whole concept of "Bio-Artefacts" (seriously every time I remember they actually called them that I want to puke) is even WORSE if you're going for a fluffy army, so there is no reason to take them on either end of the spectrum.
>>
File: 1482473888937.png (139KB, 889x723px) Image search: [Google]
1482473888937.png
139KB, 889x723px
>>50855685
>>50855287
>>50855260
Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to start my collection like this (making a sorceror from my possessed sprues), unless...
Would a list without vanilla troops be lacking in special weapons if I just built everything as Noise Marines and worked toward a 30-man Kakophoni? Anything I could pick up to make up for the lack of melta?
>>
>>50854313

Looks good. You could even add a second Aspect host if you want. Go out and Swordwind to the max like cool guy.
>>
>>50855305
>le-few-decent-units-my-codex-have spam
it's a meme list, you'l never be able to afford all those bikerz
>>
>>50855883
I would totally watch a team of knifears take on Magnus's daemon of the week.
WE NEED AVATAR POWER NOW!
>>
>>50855674
so not only are they supporting the tournament but they're sending the studio guys to view it? i guess gw really is trying to change
>>
>>50855732
>I'm hoping we draw them during the team tournament just because I want to meet the dude
... And then you'll tell him to fuck off...?
>>
>>50855930
This.

If you meet Cruddace in the flesh and don't use the opportunity to tell him to go to hell, you've failed us all, anon.
>>
>>50855847
The Obliterax gives me I7. Meaning I strike before little shits, which is extremely important in it's longevity. Especially against Dreadnoughts. Shred is just gravy.

It's not hyper competitive, but it's needed if you want your Trygon Prime to be a melee beast against Orks, Blood Angels, etc

Trust me I full well know. I've been around.
>>
>>50855898
I'd hate to be as poor as you.

Anyway, your finance problems aside, its a good list with few faults.
>>
File: Avengers Assemble!.jpg (32KB, 296x394px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Assemble!.jpg
32KB, 296x394px
>>50855918

Did you know in the Asurmen book he had a talking space ship called Stormlance. He created it out of his own rage and it constantly veers of course to look for fights.

Now, imagine if all the other PLs had equally dumb, but awesome vehicles. And imagine if they could all form together into a Megazord.

Tell me that's not their fucking endgame for Rhana Dandra. I dare you.
>>
>>50855780
A Bonesword and Lash Whip
>>
>>50855935
What exactly did this dude do? i've been out of the loop of gw bull shit since wards Codex: Ultramarine
>>
>>50855942
>The Obliterax gives me I7
>it's needed if you want your Trygon Prime to be a melee beast against Orks
>needing I7 against Orks
>I2
>melee race

U
WOT
>>
>>50855448

Oh my god are you fucked.
>>
>>50855927

Not just to view it but to play in it, including everyone's favorite Disney villain Robin Cruddace.

>>50855935

Eh - I'd like to meet the guy and see what he's like, is he as dumb as people say he is, is he a nice guy, etc.
>>
>>50855967
Destroyed Tyranids for 8 years running in both crunch and fluff, also responsible for Deathwatch and probably Orks (once you've read a few of his Codexes you can spot the signature tryhard blandness).
>>
>>50855943
also...even if you manage to afford that price you'll basically spent the rest of your life trying to finish to paint off all those bikers...
you're fucked in any case....
>>
>>50855969
They are all I2 aren't they. I keep forgetting that, as other Ork players would love.

Anyways I also play against Blood Angels and other un optimized SM lists and I'll need it against them.
>>
>>50855448
Speaking of Heralds of Ruin, what are some cool loadouts for Dark Eldar?
>>
>>50855793
I still can't get a handle on Ruststalkers.

I think they were designed to be TEQ killers, but they always fall short against Termies/. However, they may just be the best Monstrous Creature killers I've ever played. I mean, they killed a Riptide before it could hit back and on the next turn hit half the health off a Stormsurge! Beyond that, they're scary as hell against vehicles- stripping away hull points is almost Necron levels of easy with 7 Haywire Attacks on the charge.

Plus the models are absolutely fantastic, my literal only complaint is their measly toughness 3.
>>
>>50855999
I2 boys i3 nobs i4 bosses
>>
>>50855780
Hive Tyrant Lashwhip+Bonesword

Though really, why would you?

>>50855805

The Miasma Cannon is pretty cool.
>>
>>50856017
That's just fucking terrible.
>>
>>50854353
Well shit, that looks quick to do and quite okay, i'll think i'll try doing that myself, thanks anon
>>
>>50855988
>is he as dumb as people say he is,
His response to stats for his terrible weapon options for gaunts was literally "Math is an opinion"
>>
File: 99120102005_KhorneBerzerkers04.jpg (52KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120102005_KhorneBerzerkers04.jpg
52KB, 600x620px
>>50853665
>plastic 'zerks to go with plastic kharn?
PLEASE. I'm so sick of these stupid bow-legged fucks.
>>
>>50855722
>>50855930
>>50855935
>>50855992
You know you guys can go on the Warhammer 40,000 official facebook page and comment on the post talking about them being at Adepticon.

If there's enough of an uproar that Cruddace is showing his face it might give the company a fucking hint. And this doesn't just go for nid players, you never know what army he'll be assigned to next and fuck up spectacularly.

Cruddace is like Ward but without adding fun or powerful rules, just everything he touches turns to shit. Think about it anons, do you really want YOUR next Codex update to come from this guy?
>>
>>50855264
>or 8 for fluff
There's a reason to take eight-man squads aside from fluff. Morale. You need to cause three casualties to force a morale check on an eight man unit. Five to seven man units take the check on two casualties.

Not as relevant now as it was in 3rd or 4th editions, but still a mechanical reason to take that many dudes in a squad.
>>
>>50856056
>Not just using the AoS Blood Warriors or whatever they're called
>>
>>50855967
He did to tyranids what ward did to everything else.

The nids are now one of the worst armies in the game; he added in a super special snowflake tyranid, all tyranids display human emotion (pride, anger, etc) and motivation now, every new kit somehow has terrible rules.

Also, he removed almost every weapon option from every tyranid unit. TYRANIDS are one of the LEAST customizable armies in the game.

Think about that for a moment.
>>
>>50856036
Crons are i2 all round IIRC.
>>
>>50856016
Ruststalkers are pretty great as kamikazes.

But if the other guy let's them actually melee anything they're retarded or clueless and think skitarii are pure tau shooty.

I get a lot more out of infiltrators.
>>
>>50856056
Use raptors with forge world zekers sprues, then just get some back packs
>>
File: 1469972270204.jpg (82KB, 563x393px) Image search: [Google]
1469972270204.jpg
82KB, 563x393px
>>50856056
lol that korne berzerker in up left corner is stambling or what?
too much raaaaage!!!!
>>
>>50856056
Just kitbash with loyalist Assault Troops, it makes them really good. The only annoying part is getting all the Chaosy bits on right
>>
>>50856057
>You know you guys can go on the Warhammer 40,000 official facebook page and comment on the post talking about them being at Adepticon.
Can we start a movement to force him to use a tyranid army instead of his guard one at the con?
>>
>>50856095
Cruddace ruined the nid dex, Ward made all his codexes broken except the Orcs, those he just broke.
>>
>>50855875
>Would a list without vanilla troops be lacking in special weapons if I just built everything as Noise Marines and worked toward a 30-man Kakophoni? Anything I could pick up to make up for the lack of melta?

Depends what armies you usually face, but you should be grand in general. Raptor Talon and Termie Annihilation Force are decent formations for adding Melta to the army.

As for your current list, I'd advise dropping the Dirgecasters and Spawn to add to your Bike squad. Meltas or a Powerfist would be nice to have in there.

The Chaos Space Marine Squad should drop the Autocannon and pick up a second Melta also.
>>
>>50856096
Yeah but they don't die.
>>
>>50856123
That would be fucking hilarious.

"I heard RC is a bona fide expert on Tyranids, so that means he'll be showing us how to play Tyranids effectively at the tournament, right? Can't wait to see his Hive Fleet."
>>
>>50856057
>>50856095

How long has it been since you paid any attention to the GW design loop?

You realize they don' t credit individual writers anymore and there are no more Codex authors. Each book is written by a team at this point. They've moved to insulate books from being 'Ward' or 'Cruddace' so you're whole view point is pretty archaic at this point. No one writer is ever going to get your army book, it simply isn't how their design ethos works at this point.

>>50856043

I've seen people parrot that but never seen any reliable source given. I'd rather talk to the dude than just go 'hey fuck you because the internet told me you were a bad dude'. I actually want to encourage GW to send these guys out more often and I can tell you being a cock knocker to them isn't going to help. If he turns out to be a cunt sure I'll tell him to fuck right off but I'm not going to start my conversation with it.
>>
>>50856114
They're skating on the frozen tears of their players.
>>
>>50856125
Eh, Ward was balanced, or at least more so than we've got now.

Once 8th is out, I want all codexes to be Admech or GSC tier- fluffy, cool rules with neat options for customization and trade offs (really more Admech, GSC can be broken) that make you think on how you'll play.

In a perfect world maybe everything should be Eldar levels of power, but my issue with them- and shooting now in general- is that a 2+ save means jackshit, and gets negated at the drop of a hat. I honestly would prefer a HWFB approach to saves over the ridiculousness we have now
>>
File: My BA army.png (345KB, 878x939px) Image search: [Google]
My BA army.png
345KB, 878x939px
I've really been thinking about this list.
On the assault troops I've given them a power lance and two flamers but I've been thinking maybe I should switch to melta guns for that added punch and anti-vehicle power/

I could swap the plasma on the plasma tac squad for meltas, drop a melta bomb and that would pay for it, with the added bonus of no gets hot! as well as the melta squad being able to charge.

How much melta is too much?
>>
>>50856163
>You realize they don' t credit individual writers anymore
You know when they started doing that?

With the last Tyranid Codex. Because they gave it to Cruddace again even after all the backlash they got one he fucked up the one before that.

Fact is they do keep giving the books to single writers, they just don't single them out anymore in the credits. Even the most recent books, Thousand Sons and GSC, were written almost entirely by one guy, rules-wise, and another guy fluff-wise - there are interviews to prove it on GWs own youtube channel.
>>
>>50856078
Most of the chaos stuff looks good in either setting alltogether
>>
>>50856182
I can tell you didn't feel the force of "fight in four ranks, i5 elves with always strike first and reroll misses if you have higher I too"
>>
>>50856219
No, just the saves, the elf shit is ridiculous as hell. I honestly have no idea how such a stupid idea could have gotten not just past development, but into the game itself.
>>
>>50856056
While plastics would be better, you could always get the Forge World upgrade kit. Looks significantly better imo, and I dig the tooth grilles.
>>
Because I posted late in the last thread: How much shit will I catch if I paint my CSM as Black Legion, and just make lists for different legions?
>>
>>50856219

>tfw wood elves
>5 units of 10 Glade guard
>unit of 6 treekin
>Lifeweaver
>HoDA
>sprinkle of eagles and Warhawks

I loved playing against the elf block
>>
>>50856198
I almost want to do a WE list using Kharn and the AoS models for the rest
But i have to limit myself or my backlog will overwhelm me
>>
>>50856268
Few if any, especially if you have the requisite troops, equipment, and a solid paint job.

The only people who would are the high-autism fluff-fags, and they're some of the worst people to play against.

Source: Low-autism fluff-fag who runs mono-Slaanesh Raptor/Noise Marines.
>>
>>50856184
ALSO

I was planning to move the 15 points I spend on the deathwind launcher to buying a second inferno pistol for the Sargent to make him a gunslinger.

Would you say the deathwind launcher is good enough to keep or should I not bother and stick with plinking things to death with the storm bolter?
>>
>>50856163
>You realize they don' t credit individual writers anymore and there are no more Codex authors. Each book is written by a team at this point. They've moved to insulate books from being 'Ward' or 'Cruddace' so you're whole view point is pretty archaic at this point. No one writer is ever going to get your army book, it simply isn't how their design ethos works at this point.

Technically correct although your point is not.

Matt Ward left because of the abuse he got online for his books. Since then, they have not added any one individual's name to their Codices.

In stream and other interviews though they have confirmed that, for the most part, books are still largely the work of individuals, although there is obviously some advice taken from other members of the Studio. Simon Grant for example, has taken sole credit for the rules of Genestealer Cults, Curse of the Wulfen, and Wrath of Magnus. Phil Kelly has written the fluff portion of at least Genestealer Cults, and I belief Wrath of Magnus and Curse of the Wulfen too. Not 100% on those last two however.

Going back, 5th Edition Guard was a collaboration effort by Matt Ward and Robin Cruddace, with Robin getting credited for same.

So while no one individual will ever write an army book, it will still be one individual who has control over it. their practice in writing the actual books has not changed. They have merely stopped putting one persons name on the front (although they still confirm who it was written by elsewhere).
>>
Oh god help me...
>>
>>50856289

Sweet.

Anyway, I can justify it with fluff just by pointing out the Sons of Horus' whole deal was tactical flexibility, and they're one of the two Undivided legions who totally welcome any chaos god's worshippers.
>>
>>50856299
Who's the shit for brains that wrote the current GK codex?
>>
>>50856182
>Eh, Ward was balanced, or at least more so than we've got now.

>YFW you will never have a Codex update with JJ in charge of sculpting, Matt Ward in charge of the rules, and [insert good fluff writer here. Phil Kelly maybe?] in charge of the fluff
>>
>>50856309
Go to GW's YT and watch based duncan, saint of the thinned layers
>>
>>50854869
ill do it, im already getting one for my friend, so one more wun hurt
>>
>>50856316
Genestealer Cults more or less turned out that way. It's a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>50856316
>phil kelly near a codex anywhere again

I don't care if it's just fluff

no

NO

NOOOOOOOOO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

inb4 he wrote traitor legions. i don't know who did
>>
Is it possible to play solo harlequins? I'm interested in 40k, and like the space elves but find the Dark Eldar a bit to edgelord, and a lot of the regular Eldar look kind of incredibly old. Could I get a viable 1000 point harlequins list easily enough? And what would one look like?
>>
>>50856388
We know Simon Grant did Thousand Sons at least as its just pulled from Wrath of Magnus.
Can't help but feel that he did not write the others.
>>
>>50856320
i was just posting an image i found on ebay. it's actually pretty cheap (auction at like 1.5bux) but it made me laugh so i posted it here.
>>
>>50856388
He did awesome on the fluff for GSC and on the entire book for 4th ed Tyranids.

His Daemon stuff is good too. Just don't let him write Chaos Marines, apparently.
>>
>>50856413
>Is it possible to play solo harlequins?
Possible? Yes
>>
>>50856413
>Could I get a viable 1000 point harlequins list easily enough?
sure
it'll be a bit of a gimmick, but that's to be expected with the unit variety in the book

>And what would one look like?
solitaire
a few squads of clowns
possibly some jetbikes or transports

1,000 points is pretty casual.
>>
>>50856413
Solo harlies are honestly not the worst army in the game but their units tend to be very fragile elite-killers and are unable to deal with fearless hordes.
>>
>>50856076
He's playing Khorn, they're fearless.
>>
>>50856413
sure, last game i played at 1k i lost against the murder mimes. shot me to bits and objective secured on me a few times. i was impressed at how close and how well he beat me, 23-21 i believe
>>
>>50856309
why does he look like he's flipping me off.. u cheeky little cunt...
>>
File: 869Qy.jpg (369KB, 1328x1110px) Image search: [Google]
869Qy.jpg
369KB, 1328x1110px
Would an army composed of Khorne/Nurgle Daemons, Word Bearers, and a Renegade Knight be any FUN(tm) to play?
>pic vaguely related
>>
so what's the better way to add scouts to my inquisition/human mix army? the space marine scout formation or the blood angel scout formation? if it's the space marine one, what chapter tactics? What's the best way to kit out the scouts? how should i use them(i was thinking kind of elite-ish skirmishers or low-teir meleemans)?
>>
File: TauLogic.jpg (156KB, 797x421px) Image search: [Google]
TauLogic.jpg
156KB, 797x421px
>>
>>50856753
Depends what you like.
>>
>>50853939
as an advocate for break fluid, yes it will make the plastic softer and brittle, but it wont melt or lose detail.

for example i can easily break space marine legs in two by pinching them together after 24 hours in break fluid.

its fine to use and they do mostly reharden after time, just be aware and careful.
>>
>>50855298
That kind of list is impossible to run rules-wise. The unending host requires that your warlord have a certain devotion, while ordnance tyrant requires another. Unless he somehow has found a way to have two warlords, he can't do both.
>>
Blood Angels player, how do I reliably beat Thunder Wolf Cavalry?
Knight allies?
Fast Vindicators?
Just throw something at them to tie them up for a few turns?
>>
Could you have any success running a WE butcherhorde like a Red Tide with big 20 man squads of CSM kitted out for CC, backed up by Havocs and melta Raptors.
>>
>>50856862
With storm shields?
Vindicators
Furioso dreads with frag cannons and heavy flamers
TL assault cannon razorbacks
Baal predators with as much dakka as possible to pile on the wounds
>>
>>50856753
Sounds fun. Got any list ideas?
>>
>>50856880
Could you deal with a deathstar? Tau/Eldar shooting? SM MSU/transport spam? GSC MSU hordes?
>>
>>50856965
No idea, I'm looking to start playing 40k so I suppose I should say I'm more curious about how it would hold up in slightly more casual games.
>>
>>50857016
There isn't really any point in going over 10 men in a CSM unit. But foot-slogging WE in general are viable, especially if you are running their new Detachment.
>>
>>50857016
I think it should be fine in casual games. Unless your casual pick up games are against numales who spam stormsurges and riptides.
>>
>>50857162

>Unless your casual pick up games are against numales who spam stormsurges and riptides.

So basically every gaming group?
>>
>>50857099
Sounds great. On phone right now but I'll write up a list later. I was thinking of the chaos warband with a couple footslogging CSM squads led by Khârn and and Raptor Talon as the auxiliary formation. Was just worried it'd be an exercise in frustration trying to play it but general opinion seems positive.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg (240KB, 900x1099px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg
240KB, 900x1099px
Every time I attempt to build a thousand sons list using demons to fill their weaknesses the daemons just end up dominating the list as I realize it is far more efficient to replace the thousand sons entirely and then I get sad
>>
>>50857099
>There isn't really any point in going over 10 men in a CSM unit.

I've sometimes had surprisingly good luck running them in 20-man blobs, if only because people simply aren't used to dealing with that many Marines in a single unit.
>>
>>50857249
>and then i get sad
Me too anon me too :(
>>
>>50857191
Sounds good, and if you have to core if thr Warband it's quite easy to expand. I'd take Bikers and/or Spawn with a Juggerlord (or more) as well as a first wave.
>>
>>50857249
Why the Flamers on the Rubrics? They'd be questionable even as a free upgrade
>>
>>50857249
How about a TS CAD with Magnus, a Sorcerer and 2×10 Cultists and taking Fateweaver and a unit of Furies to unlock the full Detachment? Sounds like the best TS list to me :^)
>>
is cult uprising a good ability. It seems it can grant you an insane amount of value since you can in theory do it till the game is over and not be tabled.
>>
>>50855129
Ok, Subtracting all that and adding in the CAD with 2 magi and 2 neophyte leaves me at 1405 pts so 445 short of the 1850. What would you use those on? tanks?
>>
>>50856163
Yes. Because when they did that, people boycotted authors and filled the internet with rage.
>and there are no more Codex authors.
There are, we just don't get them singled out anymore. "GW Design Team" is code for a specific person they don't want to single out in case the book breaks an edition (Ward fantasy) or breaks an army (crud tyranids).

>Each book is written by a team at this point.
And I suppose they're playtested and balanced internally as well as against other codexes? It's a nice dream. But as realistic as GW having editors.
>>
>>50857379
Another Subterranean Uprising.
>>
>>50856311
Under the new system, we don't know. So they'll keep their job and we can't complain about it.
>>
>>50855992
Whats wrong with the Deathwatch codex?
>>
>>50857438
have 2 already, 3 would be against the rules here
>>
>>50857283
That's good to know. Thanks for the help!
>>
>>50857379
>2 magi and 2 neophyte
probably better with 2 magi and 2 acolytes.

> 445 short of the 1850. What would you use those on? tanks?
post the full list and I can help you better
>>
>>50856388
>>phil kelly near a codex anywhere again
At least he has a sense of humour about his fuckups. Anyone have the pic of that space wolf codex he signed wolfy wolf mcwolferson or something like that?

>>50856163
Yes I do. Care to guess when they started doing that?
>>50856186
>With the last Tyranid Codex.
Pic related.
>>
>>50857409
>But as realistic as GW having editors.
Its funny because I know for a fact they do have editors, those guys must just be paid really shittily or something.
>>
File: 1482267890083.jpg (46KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482267890083.jpg
46KB, 462x500px
>>50856057

His 5th edition IG codex was good.
>>
>>50857450
It's considered terribly weak.
>>
>>50857592
That's thanks to Ward, see >>50856299
>>
>>50856858
One or the other, usually. UH is the most irritating, though. Just the feeling of sweeping hundreds off the board and not making any headway at all. My list was very casual, though. Next time I'm going to bring a light side dish of cheese, and see how it goes. Good thing about WarConvo is you can directly scale how powerful you want it by taking more or less free shit. Usually I just use it for the Canticles and no Gets Hot and pay for all my stuff, but I can change that in higher power-level games.

Also, he has a Daemon Knight of Nurgle that keeps fucking my shit up with Shrouded and +1 D table against my Kastelans and Knight once I bring it. Any ideas? Raining Haywire from my rangers seems the best method ATM.
>>
>>50857592
>>50857630
It was also the codex he wanted to write. It was his reward for "having to get through" the tyranid codex.
>>
>>50856299
Wait wait wait the fucker who made what are considered some of the strongest updates/codexes of this year also wrote the piece of shit that is wrath of magnus. someone must really like the furries
>>
File: Genestealer Cult - 1390pts.jpg (441KB, 900x2030px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer Cult - 1390pts.jpg
441KB, 900x2030px
>>50857523
>>
>fb /permalink.php?story_fbid=1744791285841503&id=1575682476085719

They're deleting comments criticizing Cruddace. There used to be like three of them. Hold the line, boys.
>>
>>50857670
>Eldar most OP codex written by Kelly
>Almost always see him with Eldar or pictures of his Eldar

What do you mean, Phill Kelly surely doesn't play favorites when writing rules :^)
>>
File: 1342712028578.jpg (162KB, 1000x689px) Image search: [Google]
1342712028578.jpg
162KB, 1000x689px
>>50857701

This is the exact reason why they deleted their original forums/presence online
>>
>>50857707
His 4th Edition Ork Codex was quite good during 5th desu famalam.
>>
>>50857688
That's a beautiful list, going to be hell on your wallet and free time getting it all put together and painted though.

That aside - I would throw some autocannons on the neophytes in the brood cycle, and maybe a few goliath trucks to add more ranged anti-transport ability. Adding some more purestrains back in as Aux choices might be good as well.
>>
>>50857725
They can't afford to do that in this day and age. Social media rules the game now.

Just don't be super obnoxious about it, don't use a bunch of expletives or violent threats. Be civil and express that you are unhappy as a customer with the way the company still employs a man that has ruined years of gaming for many of its loyal fanbase.

If they didn't want feedback they wouldn't be engaging with the community.
>>
>>50856184
>>50856291
P-Please respond.
>>
File: IMG_20161224_155955193.jpg (5MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161224_155955193.jpg
5MB, 5344x3006px
These are the first 4 of my 'corsair' storm guardians. Pretty happy with the way they turned out.
>>
>>50857846

Sorry that's so fuckhuge - didn't resize before posting.
>>
>>50857750
This, and maxing out on MSU Hybrids in the SUs. Maybe take a Demolition Claw for the lulz, Orkiest formation in the game.
>>
>>50857916
He already maxed out the number of Hybrid units he can take, although he could take more Acolytes (but honestly who the fuck wants to buy, assemble and paint THAT MANY acolytes).
>>
>>50853609
Oh hai Abaddon
>>
Is there a difference between Necromunda and Kill Team? By the sounds of it both are extremely similar.
>>
>>50857974
I meant Acolytes, they are Hybrids too.
>>
>>50857750
do you mean seismic cannons?
>>
>>50858080
Yes, loads.
>>
>>50856309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUqWuU-Nns
>>
File: DSC_0002.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Wip raptor talon

I know lighting is bad but it's not like they are painted yet

Heresy stuff should look pretty good painted as black legion

I have two lord options there, one with an axe and the other with power fist and Combi Melta, I figure I could try axe of blind fury in the formation for a killy suicide lord.
>>
Anybody have the stats for the mortis pattern dreadnoughts? It's for research purposes only
>>
>>50857750
Ok, adding Goliath trucks to the two neophytes in the brood cycle and taking 3 more as fast attack and 3 MSU of purestrain gets me to 1845! so 5 points of a whatever fuck you upgrade and its done. I think this will go really well.
>>
>>50858126
And Veterans are Guardsmen, but you don't call Veterans Guardsmen do you?
>>
File: Space Marines - 2500pts.jpg (635KB, 900x2462px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 2500pts.jpg
635KB, 900x2462px
Rate me? 2500 points, gladius
Idea: 3 Drop pods, 2 of them with locator beams. I then teleport the terminators and 1 librarian to the locators
The 2 Devastator squads stay behind and shower the enemy with rockets and lazors
Scout and Marine Bikers for fast attack
>>
File: 7514832_orig.jpg (124KB, 1100x607px) Image search: [Google]
7514832_orig.jpg
124KB, 1100x607px
Starting DE this Sanguinala, looking at the codex I wanted to build up to this list

Realspace Raider Detachment

Succubus: Archite glaive,Haywire grenades,The Armour of Misery

Kabalite Warriors (5)
1 Kabalite Warrior: Blaster,
Dedicated Transport
Venom: Splinter cannon

Kabalite Warriors (5)
1 Kabalite Warrior: Blaster
Dedicated Transport
Venom: Splinter cannon

Incubus (4)
Dedicated Transport
Raider: Night shields

Reavers (3)
1 Reaver: ,Blaster

Reavers (3)
1 Reaver: Blaster

Beastmaster
1 Beastmaster
4 Razorwing Flock:

Razorwing Jetfighter: Two dark lances,4 Monoscythe missiles,Night shields

Scourges (4)
4 Scourges: Heat lances

Hellions (10)

Scarlet Epicureans

Haemonculus: Mindphase gauntlet,Close combat weapon,Splinter pistol,Webway portal

Wracks (5)
1 Wrack: Liquifier gun and wrack tool

Wracks (5)
1 Wrack: Liquifier gun and wrack tool

Cronos: Spirit probe

Cegorach's Jest

Troupe (5)
1 Troupe Master: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's caress
2 Player: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's kiss
weapon
Dedicated Transport
Starweaver

Skyweaver (2): Haywire cannon,Star bolas

1 Voidweaver: Haywire cannon

Clowns deal with armour, Succubus rides with the Incubus The Haemonculus formation DS in hopefully flame a squad to death and survive with enough bodies and FNP to charge
>>
>>50858080
Vastly different. Necromunda uses the far more detailed 2nd edition 40k ruleset. It also incorporates an entire campaign system with RPG elements where your gangers gain experience to get stats and abilities. You buy gear, gather income from territory, have fights within your gang over leadership, plus many, many other things.
>>
File: Blood Angels - 505pts.jpg (110KB, 900x509px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angels - 505pts.jpg
110KB, 900x509px
Going 5 points over won't make anyone mad, right? Did I do ok dad?
>>
>>50858610
What's the plan against anything AV12+?
Possibly hand one of the tac squads a Meltagun instead of a hflamer. I could currently take that apart with a single Onager Dunecrawler. No idea about the rest, not a Bangles player, unhelpful as that is.
>>
>>50858610
>stock death company

You need more dudes at 500 points.

And don't go over point limits. That 5 points could get a lot of useful wargear for the other side.
>>
>>50857450
The same problem with super elite marine armies. High points cost low model count I believe and a 3+ armor save is only so good.
>>
>>50858776
Nowadays 3+ is pretty garbo...Makes me sad as a GK player.
>>
>>50858547
So sorta like Mordheim in space? If they ever rerelease Mordheim I would buy it so so quickly. Seems like Necromunda would be fun if it's anything like it.
>>
>tfw no Traitor Legions PDF
>>
>>50858816
Are the new marine psychic powers helping GK any? I've always wanted to start a small force to ally in with a larger force. Seems like one could build a really basic deathstar out of some paladins and two librarians.
>>
>>50858837
>tfw the Russians still haven't made a pdf of it either
>>
File: Hounds_of_Abaddon.jpg (187KB, 1024x746px) Image search: [Google]
Hounds_of_Abaddon.jpg
187KB, 1024x746px
>>50856268
Well technically the BL does have cultist warbands within itself for each of the gods so it's really not a far stretch to have the BL use different Legion tactics since most of their cultist members would be from those same legions previously.
>>
>>50858859
A little bit. They're really good powers. I ran a Librarius Conclave with my GK list and barely won against Orks because Shifting Worldscape helped me move my Dreadknight over to a winning objective.
>>
>>50858610
>jump packs
>drop pod
I found the problem.

equip one of the death company with a power fist.
>>
>>50858610
Those DC can't take a drop pod if they have packs on. So if you're doing that, save the pack points or save the pod.
>>
>>50858911
Just say its a black crusade

Marines from other legions would possibly repaint armour to match the black legion when pledging loyalty to abbadon
>>
>>50856268

I would mind just a bit if you were wanting to run Death Guard and your marines didn't look Nurgley at all. But it wouldn't be that big a deal.
>>
>>50858834
It's the precursor, a bit more intricate with variant ammo, sight and hearing tests, cygernetic augs and whatnot.
>>
>>50858834
>Mordheim in space
Almost literally.
>>
>>50858837
>TFW no Skyrim for Commodore 64
>>
>>50858921
Why would they be assaulting something that only one of the models in the unit can damage?!
>>
>>50858980
Yeah I think that's the key

I'm doing up some hounds of abbadon, I think that world eaters coulds be used to represent then when I feel like going full assault
>>
Is there any sisters of battle order that has worked with the adeptus mechanicus a lot?

Same question but space marine chapter
>>
>>50859170
AdMech are heretics that deny the flesh gifted by the god Emperor and only tolerated out of absolute necessity.

Marines are a bit more likely though most are godless transhumans who deny their creators and their own inherited divinity.
>>
>>50859170
Steel Confessors work with the AdMech a lot.
>>
>>50859170
The AdMech hates the Ecclisiarchy and vice-versa.

The Steel Confessors are the AdMech's personal chapter.
>>
>>50859130
Because you only need one fist to kill it
>>
>>50859170
No, they're a bunch of heretics and need a good melta blasting.
>>
File: 1482217478468.jpg (24KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
1482217478468.jpg
24KB, 300x246px
>>50858776
>>50858816
>complaining about getting an armour save
>>
>>50859170
I feel like the iron hands would get along with the admech, that's pure speculation though.

>>50859345
>The AdMech hates the Ecclisiarchy and vice-versa.
Why?
>>
>>50859356
That is a waste of points. Especially if that power fist gets sniped out before he can attack.
>>
>>50859368
Outside of drop pod assaults against some really high value squad or model DW are just not worth it.
Orks are better.
>>
>>50859393
Theological disagreements.
>>
>>50859421
Would you rather spend an extra 125 points equipping everyone with a power first?

The chaplain can take melta bombs if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>50859393
The AdMech is older than the Imperium, and venerates the Omnissiah. Not the Emperor. They say that the Emperor is an aspect of the Omnissiah, but most do/don't believe this. The Ecclisiarchy hates the AdMech because of this, as well as being jealous that they aren't in as much control as they'd like to be, being formed around the 33rd/34th millenia, iirc.

The Steel Confessors are an Iron Hand descended chapter that the AdMech made for their own use. The High Lords and Inquisition didn't like this, so forced them to make an oath of loyalty to the Imperium. They are the only chapter to worship the Omnissiah as a holy trinity of Emperor, Machine, and God.
>>
>>50859393
To the Admech, the Emperor is a representation of the Omnisaah (Well that's what they say publicly, because they have to), to the Ecclisiarchy, you worship he fucking Emperor, no pussy footing about it. Only feral worlds get a break because they're just too fucking stupid to understand the true power of the God Emperor.

And of course, notional religious differences, as in real life, cause the biggest feuds known to mankind.
>>
>>50859437
>>50859458
Thanks bros.

So if I wanted to sneak a oc techpriest/mechanicum guy into a inquisitor themed army that has a unit of SoB, they wouldn't get along with the red robed dude?
>>
>>50859437
>>50859458
>>50859516
So when did the Black Templars and Ecclisiarchy start playing nice? They used to fucking hate each other for this reason.
>>
>>50859544
Black Templars are hardcore emperor worshipers out to purge anything they consider blasphemous from the galaxy, something the big hats agree with.
>>
>>50859526
Nope. They know not to piss him off though, if they want their power armor and bolters to actually work. Which is why the Ecclisiarchy hates the AdMech, due to them/everyone having to suck up to the AdMech or else your toaster stops working.

>>50859544
Retconned, which I hate. I'd love for them to get back to hating the Ecclisiarchy and telling them to shove off, you're not respecting the Father-Emperor-God-Whatevertitles like we do.

I'm fine with them having 1100 marines though. I'd just rather have it so they had to have successor chapters than just a straight up retcon.
>>
What is the worst book that GW has released crunchwise for 40k, that from it's launch was just critically flawed and mostly unplayable?

Personally, I'm feeling that Wrath of Magnus may be the worst thing GW has done for 40k since 4th ed Chaos Space Marines. Tzeentch Daemons got some insane buffs to units that were already incredibly good, and Rubric Marines got *worse.* Even the 5e Tyranid Codex had good spots despite hiking the cost of the Carnifex.
>>
>>50859600
That's what happens when a Space Wolf fanboy writes the rules for their enemies, in a book where the Wolves take a loss from them.
>>
>>50858196
Nice.

Really digging the Sons of Horus bits.
>>
I kinda want to fan make an imperial russian space marine chapter to go with my vostroyan army but trying to come up with a good paint scheme of the black gold white sucks and looks out of place with my fairly regularly painted vostroya.
>>
>>50859600
how are rubric marines worse?
>>
>>50859628
I might dump my 1k Sons home brew on 1d4chan later for the hell of it. The usual defenses of the codex tend to revolve around Magnus, or having 20-some Warp Charge at the cost of using half your psychic power rolls on Tzeentch, with it even harder to get Doombolt than before.
>>
>>50859448
No, don't spend any points beyond jump packs. Death company are infantry butchers, don't bother sending them at stuff that only one model in the unit can damage. You have other units for tackling armor and high toughness MCs.

Putting a power fist one one D.C. Marine makes the others worthless if he's the only one who can damage it.
>>
>>50859600
I think WAAAGH ghazghkull was pretty shit.

A terrible reprint of terrible formations, they added an awful decurion and failed to reprint greentide, the only worthwhile formation.
>>
>>50859578
>Retconned, which I hate. I'd love for them to get back to hating the Ecclisiarchy and telling them to shove off, you're not respecting the Father-Emperor-God-Whatevertitles like we do.
Where?

I always liked the idea that the Emperor's Champion, who gets 'visions' from the Emperor, would sometimes have differing messages from the SoB Living Saints or whoever it was on their end, and what not and they'd obviously both think the other was heretic.
>>
>>50859578
>They know not to piss him off though, if they want their power armor and bolters to actually work.
So they can hang out, but the SoB would be simmering with rage the whole time, while the admech would give no fucks. I can try to work with that. Thanks.
>>
>>50859714
And, oh look! You've been charged by a monster or a model with a 2+ save, I guess the whole squad is fucked now and that includes his chaplain warlord.

The guy has no other units capable of tackling armour or high toughness in that list, hence the power fist and melta bomb. A single power first puts out more than enough attacks to take down all but the toughest monsters and vehicles anyway.
>>
>>50859717
Ah fuck, that thing was so bad I forgot it even existed!

>>50859685
The cost is the same as before, meaning criminally overcosted. The Aspiring Sorcerer used to be able to take any Force Weapon (Sword, Axe, Staff) but is forced to take a Staff now as it's the only thing that GW made a model for.

Their new weapon options either require taking 10-man Thousand Sons (spend 300+ points on 10 Power Armored guys without Feel No Pain and see what happens), or actually downgrade their AP 3 guns to AP 4 Flamers that give their targets Feel No Pain.

So they took away an option you would have used and replaced it with options you won't use.
>>
>>50859685
No longer able to give the sorcerer a force axe or sword

Only benefit was the rotary cannon which needs 10 models to field, so you never see people use it
>>
Merry Christmas faggots.
>>
>>50859855
I fucked hate Christmas.

Kill me.
>>
New player. Only have a couple games under my belt. I'm going to start my first army and looking for some advice.

I'm going dark eldar. I know they have a reputation for being hard to play, but I love the models (i want little boats so bad...)

1. How screwed am I?
2. Can someone give me some advice on building a decent all-comers 1000 list to start collecting towards?
3. Also interested in suggestions for places to find good dark eldar lore outside of the latest codex.
>>
>>50859910
If it's not a monster, a scourge or a bike it needs to be in a boat.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50859910
Welcome, Kabalite!
1. Very. We're not in a good spot right now, but we can occasionally pull a game out of our ass once in a while.
2. Reavers and Venoms. Reavers and Venoms.
3. Read Path of the Dark Eldar, the books are in the OP copypasta. I'm reading through the first book right now and it's fantastic.
>>
>>50859855
Merry Christmas, Anon.
>>
>>50859810
>or actually downgrade their AP 3 guns to AP 4 Flamers that give their targets Feel No Pain.

How in the SHIT did that bit of absolute fuckery get published!?!
>>
>>50860057
>>50860057
>>50860057

New Thread
>>
>>50859864
Fucked hate?
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (43KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
43KB, 400x500px
how bad of a color scheme is this for communist marines
>>
>>50860208
I wonder how he fucked 'hate Christmas'
>>
>>50860033
>'lol randumb kayoss tzeentch luh mayo'

Gw has no idea how to do chaos right
>>
File: 1481676621818.jpg (81KB, 600x879px) Image search: [Google]
1481676621818.jpg
81KB, 600x879px
>>50853609
>teaching a friend to play the game
>he's playing deathwatch and wants to do the classic DW vs. GSC matchup so I buy some GSC
>I "make a mistake" with point limits and give him 2 extra veteran squads, kitted out how he's modelled them
>I'm at a 500 point handicap
>I still beat him

Is this army broken?
>>
>>50859600
I always hear people say TS are overcosted, but
I can't understand why.
How much should a fearless 3+/4++ model with ap 3 bolters cost then? Because such stats costs the same or more in every other codex.
>>
>>50861134
Tactics, positioning, dice rolls, strategy factor in
In the strict sense yes DW are weak and GSC are strong
Now im going to assume you didnt just make his list poop and youres optimized ofc
>>
>>50861190
Obv other people people think theyre overcosted or it wouldnt be an issue for so long
>>
Related question, do the Biologis of the AdMech hold any real veneration for the organic machenery of the human body? Would they perhapse be closer to the emperor himself then the omnissiah?
>>
>>50853764
Holy crap, get over that end times crap you simpletons. Can no one think for themselves?
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.