[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 50

File: 60459417_p0.png (2MB, 1000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
60459417_p0.png
2MB, 1000x1480px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How is your party celebrating Crystalhue? What kind of gifts are they giving and receiving? Getting married to any cute/thicc waifus?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50844756
>>
>>50849795

Crystalhuehuehue
>>
My Magus is currently back home for the holiday, having sex with his wife for the purpose of procreation.
>>
>>50849795
I don't really know, but kind of hoping RotJR encompasses Kuthona so the party can celebrate it in-character during the journey.
>>
I was making this character for ROTJR. She's a Vishkanya with extra deadly bodily poisons and in general I want to use a lot of poison themes. But I'm sort of stumped on how to proceed. I'm not sure what methods would be best for delivering Steel Serpent maneuvers and other poisons, especially since I think you really really need that +2 discipline weapon bonus because all the saves involved are Fortitude. I also feel like the character is too spread out and has too many class features that don't really add up to excelling at much. Does anyone have any advice? You can ignore all those notes and stuff on fluff for now, unless you really want to read it all. Most of it is comments made by multiple people, which is why it seems so "stream of consciousness".

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1044187

Here's to hoping it isn't kitsune breastmilk hour still.
>>
Why are people still making characters for ROTJR? Isn't it like five months old now
>>
>>50850108
Because applications haven't actually been opened-up yet. And only two months, too.
>>
>>50850017
There's probably a fair few ways to apply poison to natural weapons or unarmed strikes--using some kind of archetype focused on those or replacing Alchemist with something that can focus more on poison (Slayer? Ninja?) might be a good idea.
>>
Where can I find a download for the legendary vigilante? I can't find it in the troves.
>>
>>50850205
It's in there, trove 1.

Legendary Games.
>>
>>50850219
Thank you, I am dumb.
>>
>>50850167
Why natural attacks?

Also, I can't really lose Alchemist. The Toxicant archetype is kind of a theme for the whole thing.
>>
>>50850244
Because I haven't found anything yet that enhances the ability to apply it to manufactured ones. The closest I can find so far is Adder Strike.

Still searching the SRD.
>>
>>50850244
More attacks means more chances to inflict poison.

Fluff can always be changed.
>>
>>50850167
>replacing Alchemist with something that can focus more on poison
u fucking wot m8
>>
File: 1462955244721.jpg (2MB, 4152x2609px) Image search: [Google]
1462955244721.jpg
2MB, 4152x2609px
>>50850239
We all make fools of ourselves from time to time.

I mean some people of course lack the capacity to stop making a fool of themselves every waking moment of their lives, their existence rendered nothing more than a cruel joke inflicted upon them by the universe and their own patent silliness.

But we all make fools of ourselves from time to time. No worries mate. No worries.
>>
>>50850255
Nope, pretty much every poison-related feat is either spells, slayer/rogue stuff, or just makes the poisons themselves stronger.

Only other things I've seen are Adder Strike and a grit feat.
>>
File: ulfric.gif (489KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ulfric.gif
489KB, 500x281px
>>50849795
>How is your party celebrating Crystalhue?

Who said they were?
>>
>>50850256
Doesn't the DC of a poison get stronger by 2 every time you get hit with it?
>>
>>50850330
The DC increases by 2 every time you fail a save against a new dose of the poison. However, that still requires you to fail the save once.

So as an example, you get hit with Small Centipede Poison (DC 11). If you fail the save, your recurring save is 11. Get hit again (and fail for the new dose) and your recurring save becomes 13 instead.
>>
>>50850330
Nah.

Successive doses increase the save DC if they fail the save to resist getting infected with it.
>>
>>50850167
>replacing Alchemist with something that can focus more on poison

... but there is no class better than alchemist at poison
>>
>>50850351
>>50850353
In that case what are you supposed to poison things with that have an inherent save of like, anything +9 or greater? Just hit them a bajillion times and just hope they roll a 1?
>>
>>50850367
I think Shifters are, if I'm honest.

Just because they can have an endless amount of poison that scales.

>>50850383
Basically, uh... yes. Which is one reason I think Shifters can do it really well, since they can just disgorge poison CONSTANTLY if they want.
>>
File: DeathKnightRaneman_colored.jpg (264KB, 1192x900px) Image search: [Google]
DeathKnightRaneman_colored.jpg
264KB, 1192x900px
>>50849795
>celebrating holidays

That time could be put to so many more productive uses. Like closing the Worldwound, or perhaps destroying Irrisen, or maybe even closing up the even bigger Worldwound on the moon.
>>
>>50850383
That's one option. There's also enough feats, magic items, and class features to boost poison DCs up to around 30 without any real cheese or tricksy rule readings.

I think I managed to hit 70+ with one build.
>>
File: 1469081818667.png (197KB, 427x467px) Image search: [Google]
1469081818667.png
197KB, 427x467px
>>50850396
>The moon

Oh just blow the fucking thing up already for crap sake.
>>
>>50850383
>>50850394
>>50850401
There's a stance in Steel Serpent that gives scaling poison DCs and several maneuvers in that same discipline that increase DCs of all applied poisons. I see anon has both of those on his sheet so I assume that's the route he was going... if he was going manufactured poisons at all, which there's certainly no need to do with Steel Serpent and Toxicant filling the gap.
>>
>>50850401
Tell me more
>>
File: fine.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fine.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>50850422
Finally, an excuse to post this pic!
>>
File: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>50850422
>>
File: tiny squids.gif (926KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tiny squids.gif
926KB, 500x281px
>>50850422
>ruin the tides
>flood everything

I WONDER WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST
>>
File: world go boom.jpg (65KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
world go boom.jpg
65KB, 500x398px
>>50850422
One wonders why something like that hasn't been seriously considered, Heck apparently a weapon that powerful has existed in Pokemon for thousands of years.
>>
>>50850499
Because you would render life on the planet un fucking livable.
>>
It's two in the morning and I have spent the past five hours making an Unchained Medium.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lYUWfseUm_kqg93sKfYwUcctvcWImEObM9NwtrY_iGk/edit?usp=sharing

It is incompatible with previous medium archetypes, but makes up for this by fixing some of the glaring issues of the Medium (some abilities are difficult to use, you don't get any bonus feats that allow you to more easily adapt to situations, some abilities are just plain worthless, the Guardian spirit is a burning trash heap, etc.). I made this more or less for the sake of making it. Leave a comment if it seems unbalanced or I made a mistake in writing something.

Also, yes, the spells known of a Bloodrager and the Spells Per Day of a Bard was intentional. You get earlier access to the good Medium spells but know fewer of them, and have no 5th or 6th level spells. To get them, you need to channel the Hierophant or Archmage, which is meant to balance the whole "earlier access to medium spells" deal, also because I didn't like the wording of the original Lesser Archmage/Hierophant abilities.
>>
File: 1455311293745.gif (93KB, 269x350px) Image search: [Google]
1455311293745.gif
93KB, 269x350px
>>50850396
Why don't we plug the worldwound with the moon? I don't forsee any problems with such a solution, do you?
>>
>>50850509
True, but this isn't a planet we're talking about, it's just a satellite.
>>
>>50850499
If we'd never had a moon, we'd be fine. Since all life evolved during the moon's existence, we are pretty reliant on it. But that's not even really the problem. The problem is algae.

Without the tides, algae wouldn't be able to grow properly. A mass casualty event for algae, worldwide, is pretty much a gameover for the planet.
>>
>>50850521
Should have waited anon. Now it will never be seen, it's sealed forever in the dead hours and you'll only look desperate for attention, and be ignored for that, if you repost it.
>>
>>50850543
Wait really? Algae need the tides to grow?
>>
File: creepy masked man.jpg (383KB, 1183x2100px) Image search: [Google]
creepy masked man.jpg
383KB, 1183x2100px
I've had this saved for a long time and I see it posted on /tg/ every now and then. I want to finally use it for a character, and I always think of like, a guy that switches masks to inspire different emotions...
>>
>>50850570
Would anyone care who he was without the masks?
>>
Rolled 2, 3 + 3 = 8 (2d4 + 3)

>realize It's 2:40 AM
>tfw was brainstorming so hard I lost track of time
>tfw want to keep brainstorming

chargen really is the most fun part of this game
>>
>>50850624
Ideally, no.
>>
>>50850570
Tunon is a shit character
>>
>>50850531
So basically what you're saying is we slam the two worldwounds together. Block the moonwound with the golarionwound and vice-versa.
>>
>>50850889
Sounds like your idea is to have two assholes shit demons into each other.
>>
>>50850923
As long as they aren't ending up here, right?

Shit demons out of hell, back INTO hell. Problem solved.
>>
>>50850624
l would like to know if he would die if I took that mask off.
>>
Tell me about your character's menstrual cycle, /pfg/!
>>
>>50851173

locked permanently to ovulate. Next question.
>>
>>50851173
Three hundred gallons of blood per second at a pressure strong enough to cut steel, constantly. They're rocketing past Pluto as we speak.
>>
So is there like a discord group or something here I could get into?
>>
>>50850562
Yes. The tides are what causes algae to spawn more algae.
>>
>>50851173
She can't, because changelings don't actualy mature into 'adults'.

Unless they transform into hags, which is what an adult changeling is.

Changelings are basically neotenic; when they age, they don't 'grow old', they start withering away at old, and become wizened childlike creatures at venerable. This means most do not develop secondary sexual characteristics (there are exceptions, especially Green Widows), and none of them can become pregnant.
>>
File: 1464578503667.jpg (73KB, 465x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464578503667.jpg
73KB, 465x1000px
Does anybody in the thread happen to have "Asian Archetypes: Martial" by N.Jolly from Legendary Games?
>>
File: !!!!!.jpg (122KB, 717x449px) Image search: [Google]
!!!!!.jpg
122KB, 717x449px
>>50851190
goddamnit anon, it's gross enough as is but you have to force us to keep our attention by throwing in the general thrust equation?
>>
>>50851256

Trinia Sabor is cute! Cute!
>>
>>50851293
So worried that current campaign is gonna have her being bland, a bitch, or dead. GM has barely allowed time for anything but combat, and I'm worried our resident That Guy is just gonna off her 'cause he thinks it's funny.
>>
File: trinia.png (217KB, 252x386px) Image search: [Google]
trinia.png
217KB, 252x386px
>>50851293
I'm more partial to her original look--I actually prefer the old hairstyle, plus DEM HIPS.

Would much rather mamoru this smile...
>>
File: 250px-Trinia_Sabor_portrait.jpg (17KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Trinia_Sabor_portrait.jpg
17KB, 250x418px
>>50851359
...than this one.
>>
>>50851262
XKCD's What If article about Niagra Falls inspired me, what can I say.
>>
If I get Recharge Innate Magic as a spell like ability, does it recharge itself?

My character is going to get 3 0-level and 1 1st-level Druid spells as spell like abilities once per day. If my choice for 1st level is Recharge Innate Magic, does that reset my usage? All this lets me do is cast 3 cantrips before needing to spend a standard action to do it again, which doesn't seems too crazy balance wise, especially if I have to give up a 1st level spell to do it.

If you had to pick, which would you? Character has Darkvision to 120 and grew up in the Understand, escaping Drow captivity but struggling to find the surface for months, requiring him to hide and survive on his own for awhile.
>>
>>50851539
>grew up in the Understand
Underdark, he grew up in the Underdark. And he's a Half-Orc.
>>
>>50851539
While your usage is low-key, I'm pretty sure you can't recharge recharge innate magic with recharge innate magic.

Also keep in mind it's only RACIALS that get recharged, so as to avoid things like recharging quicken SLA.
>>
File: Writers Island of Doom.jpg (127KB, 736x750px) Image search: [Google]
Writers Island of Doom.jpg
127KB, 736x750px
Happy Solstice, Merry Xmas.
>>
>>50851564
It is a racial, Fey Magic Half-Orc alternate racial feature.
And that's too bad, it would have been nice to have Flare always at the ready as a go-to defense against creatures with Light Blindness.
>>
>>50851567
Y'know, as many times as it's been used, I really do just enjoy the idea of a Thesaurus being a kindly, bespectacled dinosaur with a spectacular vocabulary.

>>50851569
I mean, I don't see why it wouldn't work. And it's not like it'd break anything, I mean they're fucking cantrips you're getting back. Spells that are explicitly intended to be at-friggin-will anyway.

I have no idea why any ability is a cantrip a limited number of times per day. And apparently? At least someone at paizo agrees, because the Unchained Minor Magic rogue talent lets you use the chosen cantrip at will.

So honestly, I'd say go for it. Fuck, if I were your DM I'd just say scrap the 1st level entirely if you want and just have those three cantrips at will.
>>
>>50851569
Just get the cantrip feature from somewhere, it only takes A level and comes with tons of stuff. Sounds like it might be 'cheaper' for you to take a level of a caster for this than going through several feats and traits and racial abilities worth just to do the same thing.

A big trick to optimization is not "get bigger number" but rather "can I do this cheaper/easier". Because your "build" can be seen as a budgeted resource. You have X levels to work with, Y feats, A race, Z skill points, and so on.
>>
>>50851581
I'm only giving up Orc Ferocity for it, it's not that big of a cost. Meanwhile, I'm playing a Rogue So I don't want to spoil the concept with "just play a caster instead".

>>50851580
I agree with you, but I always feel like I'm cheating when my DM let's me do something not RAW, so I was wondering what others thought too.
>>
>>50851602
The thing about this game is that the RAW is, in many, many cases, a load of old wank.

Just talk to him about it.

Alternatively, if you're a rogue, take the Minor Magic talent (The unchained one) and Bookish Rogue, which lets you swap out your chosen cantrip with like, 15 minutes of study I think?

Then you've got any cantrip you can slam into a spellbook. Yes it's not all of them at once, but it's all of them.

I mean heck, you could even ask your DM if he'd be okay with you taking Minor Magic again for a second cantrip slot.
>>
>>50851628
I actually hadn't considered that, since I usually make sure I have a working base concept before I start adding character levels, but that works out perfectly fine. Thanks, friend.
>>
>>50851653
No worries man.

And Bookish Rogue applies to Major Magic too, and the unchained Major Magic is one use per two rogue levels as well.

So you can get some really good mileage out of all that. Fill up a spellbook with cantrips and 1st level spells and you can pull out a ton of basic utility.
>>
>>50851628
You can do the same with major magic too.

Unchained Rogue helped though.
>>
>>50851400
>XKCD

Ew!
>>
So hear me out on this guys:
>Be Wizard
>Have Craft Wand
>Have Limited wish
>Use Limited Wish to craft Divine Spell Wands
>Take dip in Cleric
>Can now cast 0-4 Level Divine Spells at Wizard Caster Level

Any reason this couldnt be done rule-wise?
>>
>>50851731
Wouldn't the spells cast through limited wish be at around caster level... 13? Making the wands super expensive?
>>
>>50851731

How...? Like... what is the actual sequence of events you're trying to convey here because I'm not getting it.
>>
>>50851731
I don't think you can use limited wish to circumvent needing to be able to cast the spells. And even if you could, you'd need to provide the material component for each charge, so that would be neat 75 000gp in diamonds to create a single wand.
>>
>>50851692
All good ideas, but I probably won't push it too far. It would have been something they learned to do to survive before the surface, not something hey want to pursue deeply. I might go for some of this though.

>Half-Orc sold from human mother into slavery
>slavers offer next to nothing because still a toddler and can't really do much, but they know Hal-Orcs make good labor workers
>Drow night-raid the stock
>live the rest of his formative years in service and in the Underdark
>learning that bright light doesn't hurt him makes him curious what else he could and that his Drow mistresses can't
>desire to see the surface grows until he makes an escape
>has never tried to go up before
>so he struggles for several weeks to breach ground
>survives on the barest supplies and learning any trick to survive until he finally makes it
>drow culture of trickery, stealth, and cold violent actions mixes with his orc bloods natural leanience toward ferocity and brawn for a two-handed weapon Strength based rogue build
My only concern is that it might be too edgy. But the Character was going to be played more like Ariel from Little Mermaid, full of wonder and curiosity, but more emphaticly eager and less blissfully bubbly, so maybe that will balance it out.
>>
>>50851755
You can, the spell just has to be cast once a day to make the item. Wizards can have clerics cast a spell for them while the wizard makes the wand. Limited Wish isn't useful because of the high level required and the high caster level. Especially when compared to just asking the cleric to help.
>>
>>50851763
You're not actually casting the spell, though, you're just duplicating its effects.
>>
>>50851782
Irrelevant.
>>
>>50851783
Debatable.
>>
>>50851782
It duplicates the spell, not just the effects, and a copy of something is still that something. Your DM might say it doesn't count, but that's really dumb given how much they're actually paying to use this method. It would be much much much cheaper to hire an npc spellcaster.
>>
>>50851782
Honestly, I don't see an issue with it.

Because you're spending a goddamn patently fucking ridiculous amount of money to make this shit work anyway, it'd be cheaper just buying some fucking cleric scrolls and using them to make wands.

I mean fuck, there's archetypes and shit to cast wands at your own CL rather than the wand's. Just get one of those, make some cheapass cleric wands, and be happy. No need for this THQ-level money hemorrhaging runaround with Limited Wish.
>>
>>50851736
By my calculation, it'd be like 20k~ for a 4th level spell. Pretty expensive but not undoable.

>>50851755
But you're not casting Limited Wish 50 times.

>>50851763
>>50851793
>>50851797
What if the GM/setting makes it difficult to find a high enough level NPC Cleric get the spell service/Scroll from?
>>
>>50851817
>By my calculation, it'd be like 20k~ for a 4th level spell. Pretty expensive but not undoable.
750*cl (13 minimum) * spell level (4 in this case) = 39,000 gold. That's pretty damn expensive when you can get a cleric npc to help for a fraction of that cost. And that's before spending the 1500 material cost for limited wish for each of the 39 days.
>>
>>50851817
>But you're not casting Limited Wish 50 times.
You need to provide the material component per charge.
>>
>>50851827
Isnt the cost halved because I'm crafting it myself? That's how I got that 20k.
>>
>>50851731
Because the wands still go off your cleric casting level of the base caster level for the wand.

Incidentally, you don't need to use limited wish to craft divine spell wands, since you just take a -5 penalty to the spellcraft check for not having the spell in your list.
>>
>>50851846
Yes, but I forgot about that. That still doesn't halve the cost of casting Limited Wish each day.
>>
>>50851847
>Incidentally, you don't need to use limited wish to craft divine spell wands, since you just take a -5 penalty to the spellcraft check for not having the spell in your list.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#TOC-Magic-Item-Creation
"In addition, you cannot create potions, spell-trigger, or spell-completion magic items without meeting its prerequisites."
>>
>>50851847
Caster Level is decided by the Class Level of the Class you used to cast the spell with. I casted Limited Wish as a Wizard spell, so by my thinking, whatever I make the Wand cast should have my Wizard caster level.
>>
>>50851852
But I'm not casting Limited Wish each day. Just the one time when I Craft the Wand. Atleast that's my idea here.
>>
>>50851880
When crafting an item that takes multiple days you have to cast the spell each day.
>>
>>50851869
Not unless you pay the increased price for it. A magic item is created using the minimum caster level requirements for the spell in the wand or potion (which is why items created by paladins, sorcerers, and so on cost more).

>>50851880
So, what you REALLY mean to do here is not craft wand, but use Limited Wish to Wish the wand into existence. So you spend the extra gold beyond 1500 and you get a wand of the type you wished for. Which means you still have to pay for the higher caster level of the wand (see Wand of Magic Missiles).

In other words, you're trying to do something mechanically impossible, munchkin-chan.
>>
>>50851864
I sit corrected.
>>
>>50851924
>Paladins
One thing to consider though is the lower level casters have a number of discounted spells, and a lower spell level also results in reduced cost.

Things like the Summoner's Haste, and Paladin's... Restoration I think?
>>
>>50851975
Wand of lesser restoration for 750 gp.
>>
>>50851888
>So, what you REALLY mean to do here is not craft wand, but use Limited Wish to Wish the wand into existence.
I didnt think this would be possible.

I'm thinking for along the lines of casting Limited Wish every day (after being corrected here >>50851888) and just use it to Craft pretty much like normal. Which is indeed expensive but not impossible. To me it depends on how loosely you take the rules on actually "knowing" the spell you're using to Craft.

> munchkin-chan
Give me a break man. I'm playing a Siege Mage and mostly what I want this for is casting Divine Power to try and make my Attack Roll less shit.
>>
File: IMG_0263.png (2MB, 1279x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0263.png
2MB, 1279x780px
>>50849795
My character is celebrating by consummating his relationship with Shelyn and hopefully leaving her with child
>>
>>50852010
Ah, so you're drinking yourself to sleep to avoid crippling depression as well?
>>
>>50852006
You don't have to know the spell to craft an item, the spell just has to be cast. It can be by the crafter, it can be by someone else casting for the crafter, it can be by scroll or wand. That doesn't matter. But a level 4 wand made through limited wish would cost a heck of a lot
1st level - 19875 gold
2nd level - 39750 gold
3rd level - 59625 gold
4th level - 78000 gold
>>
>>50852013
Our love is real!
>>
What are some spells that turn up early on various spell lists that are worth the effort?

The main one I know is Lesser Restoration is level 1 for Paladins.
>>
>>50852156

Summoner, bard and magus have some nice spell lists.
>>
>>50852092
Spell level 4 * Min CL 13 * 750 = 39000 / Crafting Feat 2 = 19500

Base Wand Cost 39000 / 1200 Crafting Progress per day (extra 200 is from Dwarf Favored Class Bonus) = 32,5 * Diamond cost 1500 = 48750 Diamond cost

19500 + 48750 = 68250g for a 4th Level Spell

Which IS pretty expensive so I guess I'm better of seeing if my GM will make it difficult for me to find a high level enough Cleric NPC willing to hang out with me for weeks so I can mooch spells off of him. We're kind of hot on the realistic RP in our group and this seems kind of unlikely to me and I would like to be able to do stuff independently.
>>
>>50852156
Mesmerist gets some silly shit like Mental Block at level 1

Oracle gets Embrace Destiny at level 1 too
>>
>>50852223
Well with an NPC as opposed to limited wish it would only take 6 days to craft a 4th level wand (with the 1200 crafting per day) as opposed to the 33 with limited wish.
>>
>>50852239
What how?
>>
>>50852257
Easy, being dumb and not using math correctly. It'd take 18 days, not 6. still much easier than 33. I'm not quite sure how I got six... I think I may have just done 1x7 as opposed to 4x7
>>
>>50852265
Oh ofcourse, the Caster Level is lower by not casting Limited Wish.

I'm still at waaay low level, so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I'm just worried about scaling when I cant do it independently and like I said, finding a high level enough Cleric willing to bother with me might be difficult too.
>>
>>50851245
But Changelings can canonically have children with other races.
>>
Anyone got something to make gunslinger fun again?
>>
>>50852373
>again
Ha
>>
>>50852373
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/t/trick-shot
>>
>>50852352
Changelings sluts are the worst. Our DM had a pair of them attempt to ambush my cleric of Iomedae while he was by himself, and rape him into submission with their rapist Sleep powers.

Bitches didn't know about that sleep immunity. Chopped the harlots up nice.

Changelings: not even once
>>
>>50852400
No rape! Bad DMs are bad!
>>
What happened to the Betrothed? I don't see it in the Avowed playtest.
>>
>>50852685
I don't think it's been developed yet.
>>
File: 57616971_p0_master1200.jpg (296KB, 744x1118px) Image search: [Google]
57616971_p0_master1200.jpg
296KB, 744x1118px
Can someone explain why the Molthune GM thinks that Molthune has knights, despite it being a military junta, and based on Prussia and Rome, neither of which quite had knights in the usual sense?
>>
>>50852685
That's going in Avowed 2, isn't it?
>>
>>50852708
Because the whole place has literally 2 pages of fluff in total and nobody fucking knows how they really work?
Basically he took a very unknown place and wants to use it for his own story.
>>
>>50852708
I don't think molthune is a junta, mate.
>>
>>50852761
Fun as heck to say, though.
>>
>look at /pfg/ applications
>every character is some semi-edgy, semi-trickster magical tactical genius
Every character seems like they want to be most snowflake thing ever, but end up as being so typical?
>>
File: 60423608_p0.jpg (231KB, 446x631px) Image search: [Google]
60423608_p0.jpg
231KB, 446x631px
>>50852761
http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Molthune
>Government: Military Oligarchy

>The absolute rule of the military may not be popular with some but, despite what their critics say, each General Lord is an efficient statesman, and they are far better suited to running the ongoing hostilities with Nirmathas and managing the territorial ambitions of Molthune than civilian governors would be.
>>
>>50852761
Is it not?
Is it not run by a high ranking military officer and running the nation like a military organization?
>>
>>50852804
Only one character is Int based mate.
>>
>>50852804
Why are snowflakes bad? Yeah, I know each is supposed to be unique, but with all the unique snowflakes we get wonderful Christmas mornings covered in a beautiful blanket.
>>
>>50852816

A fresh blanket of snowflakes need a few generic pines and firs to break up the monotony.
>>
I am not pointing fingers here, but I'll say cliches were right for a reason.
The big dumb fighter and the frail smart wizard.
They cooperate by highlighting each other's deficiencies.
If everyone is indendent by being universally competent, you do not need help. From all my experience, the most natural party interaction always tends to spawn from simple phrase "Can you help me with X?".

I am simplifiying, but there is a reason why... people react to certain characters the way they do.
>>
>>50852888
Are you talking about the Molthune fuckers?
>>
>>50852888
>If everyone is indendent by being universally competent, you do not need help.

That's not really true. While specialists obviously require more co-operation, just because you can do anything doesn't mean you can do everything at once.
>>
>>50852927
Depends heavily on the problem if it can be multitasked.
>>
File: 6b27cd5217f7802439c1b636149437f0.jpg (168KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6b27cd5217f7802439c1b636149437f0.jpg
168KB, 848x1200px
/pfg/, hear my out on my Molthune knights character idea:

>knight leaves his country for a few years because reasons
>maybe he had some diplomatic mission or fucked off to crusade in Mendev for a bit
>maybe he was banished, dunno
>he comes back but not alone
>new hot and exotic wife, she has fox ears and everything!
>she is quiet and dutiful, stays by his side and supports him at the court
>few years pass and the knight dies of illnes
>they had no children or other relatives so the wife inherits his modest holdings
>people whisper that she is some kind of enchantress and surely poisoned her husband
>she is not (probably)

Here. I could even say that she was an actual warrior (maybe they met as crusaders in Mendev?) but she left that behind to focus on being his wife. Now she takes her sword off the wall because someone has to do the knighting. I can also make her a caster or some kind of rouge/investigator.
>>
>>50852809
A junta means that they took over by force as well. It's just a military oligarchy
>>
File: 1478615277136.jpg (75KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478615277136.jpg
75KB, 563x600px
>>50852965
>literal kitsune waifu
>>
>>50852992
No?
>>
File: red-lipstick-skin-tone_thumb-L.jpg (15KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
red-lipstick-skin-tone_thumb-L.jpg
15KB, 300x215px
>>50852965
>rouge
>purple lipstick

Cute kitsune shouldn't wear lipstick!
>>
>>50853058
This kitsune is hot and exotic, not cute.

Do keep up!
>>
>>50853066
She needs bigger tits then, like the tittyfoxes in last thread.
>>
>>50852965

I actually kind of like it? Except please for the love of God don't make her a fox-girl, make her a classical "pure human or LITERAL ANIMAL" and let her actually have children by the knight - Kitsune canonically have children with humanoids now!

Or maybe ditch Kitsune entirely and go with a Changeling or Elf, something equally long-lived and rumored of having sorcerous powers.
>>
>>50852708

It is a military oligarchy that is experiencing a severe shortage of personnel to till the fields, let alone reclaim Nirmathas. Why wouldnt it give land to its loyal soldiers when it will give citizenship to slaves?
>>
File: 1466875581613.jpg (91KB, 555x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466875581613.jpg
91KB, 555x1000px
>>50853083
Youkai kitsune have more fox features in human form that can give them away!
>>
>>50853077

Make her some sort of bullshit caster, like a Wrecking Mysticism Oracle or Beguiler.

You want to be an enchantress with flowing silk robes and coy giggles? Play one.
>>
Man, why the fuck is piercing thunder so underwhelming?

>doesn't get even a half-decent stance up until 5th level
>seriously, even the "dual wield motherfucking lances" stance would have been better as a feat
>line attacks
>throwing your weapon at enemies, which requires another feat to not be a waste of actions.
I mean, it's not fucking TERRIBLE, but in the same book that introduces Mithral Current, Elemental Flux, and Shattered Mirror, It just seems to be so completely lacking.
>>
>>50853096
>severe shortage of personnel to till the fields
[citation needed]
>>
>>50853104

It works really well for a dude that wants to play a spearman!
>>
>>50853107

The Campaign Setting specifically calls out that Imperial wizards are needed to animate scarecrows to help plant the farms.
>>
>>50853119
Most of the other disciplines seem to be able to accomplish that fairly well without necessarily having to be exclusive to spears, and also being GOOD at the same time.
>>
>>50853107

http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Plains_of_Molthune
>>
>>50853097

Which is wrong! Very wrong! I'll have you know I'd much rather court a seductive proper lady with pure human features than one with cute lil fox ears!

Heck, and then when she starts stalking my dude in fox form it just makes it betterer!
>>
File: Kozue F.jpg (218KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
Kozue F.jpg
218KB, 612x792px
>>50851256
Ha, I wasn't the only one to write that, I was just a contributor, that's where Mercurial Duelist and a reprint of Sentai Soldier went.
>>
>>50853104
Because errantx designed it and he's really oldschool.
He's the one responsible of a lot of the clunkier pow1 stuff.
>>
>>50853191
More like he is the only one with self-control
>>
File: 1474692796129.png (1MB, 1254x1771px) Image search: [Google]
1474692796129.png
1MB, 1254x1771px
>>50853083
Kitsune was my first thought because I unironically like them. Foxwifes are also present in the myths so I could defend my fetishes with historical accuracy! As for the looking like human bit, that's up for consideration. She would be a youkai for sure and having animal ears and tail wouldn't be stranger than being a, say, witchwolf or changeling or half-orc or aasimar or whatever you want. Golarion is full of wacky races and animu kitsune shouldn't stand out THAT much. That said, most people probably wouldn't know that she can change into LITERAL ANIMAL. And changeling or elf is also a nice idea. I will consider this.

>let her actually have children by the knight
First draft has them childless not because they were incompatibile. They just didn't have the time or maybe the knight was unable to sire or maybe she isn't as fertile as her look would suggest... From the OOC perspective it's because them having children would mean they would prbably inherit the land, not her. Though I could always say the children left Molthune or refused to take the inheritance for whatever reason.

>>50853077
pic related?
>>
>>50853196
Great! Be a kitsune maid in a corset and high heels~
>>
>>50853194
ErrantX and Gareth made Broken Blade together.
>>
>>50853227
I made broken blade!
>>
>>50853097
>not putting ranks into disguise or taking a feat to magically disguise those features

do you even fox
>>
>>50853194
Self control is one thing, but let's take twin thunder stance as a pretty good example of what's wrong with piercing thunder
>Cool, unique playstyle
>playstyle that is fairly crappy
>locks you into a single stance that doesn't offer any real benefit beyond being able to do two-weapon fighting with spears, which at best is a crappy gimmick
>would have worked better as a feat
Like I said, piercing thunder isn't terrible, but it's got some real shitty design choices, and the low level stances are obnoxiously shit.
>>
>>50853196

Dude, you could go full matriarch with this girl, always speaking her mind and fussing over children or grandchildren and what they're up to - only instead of being old and wrinkly she's still got a spry, voluptuous figure!
>>
>>50853233
We all made Broken Blade.
>>
File: 1454920654529.jpg (279KB, 1000x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1454920654529.jpg
279KB, 1000x1349px
>>50853218
Acutally, that is a little too maid-like for even a minor noble... Maybe something more like >pic related

>>50853282
That could be fun! Honestly, I've got quite a few options with this. Dunno if going full matriarch or maybe just a widow would be better. Maybe she has other children from previous marriages, no one said that was her frist husband. Human lives are awfully short, after all.
>>
Di - Kitsune - 7,18,14,17,14,10 - Unchained Rogue
Helvisia - Tiefling - 12,16,13,14,8,18 - Bard
Jack - Human - ?,?,?,?,?,? - Warlord
Emeric - Human - 14,16,14,16,10,10 - Warder
Adalbern - Human - 18,10,14,13,14,12 - Warder
Elio - Half-Elf - 12,15,12,12,14,17 - Avowed
Darius - Half-Orc - 14,12,14,10,13,16 - Warlord

God, why are there so many twinky strength dumping furry weebshit fuccbois in Molthune Comfy Knights?
>>
>>50853362
>strength dumping
>only one of those dumped Strength

???????
>>
>>50853362

Tbh I am surprised there are not more lizards, hobgoblins and snake people.
>>
>>50853368
That's the point anon. Someone was whinging when there were two posted characters. Now there are six posted and one concept, and only one matches their complaints.
>>
>>50852848
I want to marry a fir!
>>
>>50853358

She could always be a matriarch *and* a widow; her husband died of age or accident, but her children live on and have multiplied!
>>
>tfw burnt out on designing content
>lots of neat ideas but no drive to actually put them on paper at the moment
Life is suffering. Also on a totally unrelated, but far more important note, kitsune are fucking trash and weaboos have salted the earth. Thanks!
>>
Is there like a tldr on all these pow classes
I dont wanna learn them, just know what to expect when i see one
>>
File: 8300219.png (15KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
8300219.png
15KB, 259x224px
>>50853457
>>
>>50853457
I liked it better when there was only one PC being pitched to any /pfg/ game. Just meme-y enough to be fun, but still out of the spotlight
>>
>>50853462
Warder - Defensive wall.
Warlord - Battlefield presence.
Stalker - Sneeki breeki.
Harbinger - Death approaches.
Zealot - My allies fight with me.
Mystic - dude, animus lmao
>>
>>50853462

>Stalker
Super Rogue
>Warlord
Super Barbarian
>Warder
Super Fighter
>Harbinger
CURSE YOU!
>Mystic
Elements guide me
>Zealot
Teamwork HO!
>>
>>50853462
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qJcP69jF-8wQz-XBxQff7aPfnCRVtsjayxDggY3xfpY/edit#

I wrote this for some new players a while ago.
Quick summary of all full initiators and each discipline.
>>
>>50853499

>Super Barbarian

...that doesn't really seem fitting. The Warlord is more a teamwork + risk/reward class. I mean, it IS the Golden Lion default class.
>>
>>50853590

I did more for the medium armor, rushing into combat, using the risks to accomplish things.
>>
>>50853499
No, no.

>Stalker
Kung-Fu Action Rogue
>Warlord
"This is Jackass!" Cavalier
>Steelfist Commando
METAL GEAR
>Warder
Super Fighter
>Ordained Defender
Super Paladin/Antipaladin
>Harbinger
*teleports behind you*
>Mystic
A Fucking Wizard
>Zealot
PSYCHIC FRIENDSHIP POWERS WOOO!
>>
>>50852352
Fuck that noise. Much rather homebrew them into horrors.
>>
>>50853755
To each their own. Your take on them is definitely interesting.
>>
Why?
>>
>>50853834

Because
>>
>>50853834
Why not?
>>
>>50853857

Nothing good ever came out of asking "why not?"
>>
>>50853863
I'm on my third drink and it's not even noon. Do I sound like I make wise decisions?
>>
>>50853872

>Getting hammered on a holiday weekend

Sounds pretty wise to me.
>>
Why is Wild Empathy such shit? Would it really have been so hard to make it "Use Wisdom instead of Charisma for Handle Animal," or "You can influence an animal's attitude with a Handle Animal check," or even "You can influence an animal's attitude with a Wisdom check." Or make it scale, or take less than a minute? As is it's a shit class feature.
>>
>>50853890
What is a holiday but a socially accepted reason to drink?
>>
>>50853893
Seriously. Plus it's some pussy ass shit. "I attempt to console the Rhinoceros."
A real man would just punch the Rhinoceros in the mouth and command that bitch to calm the fuck down and hop on the Nature Crusade train to go wreck some faggy townspeople.
>>
File: KoFKensou.jpg (194KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
KoFKensou.jpg
194KB, 600x906px
How do I Dex-based Steelfist Commando, assuming Broken Blade is forced to be replaced by Fool's Errand? Anything in particular I should trait into? I want to probably do fuckloads of damage, as well as force the enemy to look at me and only me with the Lock mechanic so they can hit me more. Anything in particular I should know about Lock?
>>
File: considerhorse.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
considerhorse.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>50853990
>how do I dex-based fool's errand
Steelfist Commando can take rogue talents. There is a rogue talent that lets you take Ninja Tricks. There is a Ninja Trick that lets you have a climb speed. Having a climb speed gives you a racial +8 to climb checks.

Also keep in mind that Lock is technically easier to escape than grapple, since it only requires a move action to attempt escape rather than a standard.

That's probably all you really need to know. Fool's Errand is actually better for dex-grappling because it doesn't give you a dex penalty
>>
File: 100% Smug.gif (227KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
100% Smug.gif
227KB, 600x600px
>Example: why would you want to go through all the fuss of trying to do spellbooks for a wizard when a keneticsist out damages you by far.
>>
>>50854159
Shut up, aho.
>>
>>50853499
Would it be more like
>Stalker
Super Rogue
>Warlord
Super Barbarian
>Warder
Super Fighter
>Harbinger
Super Chuuni
>Mystic
Super Magus
>Zealot
Super Bard
>>
I feel insecure about the lack of my system mastery
>>
>>50854188
I feel systematic mastery in my lack of security.
>>
>>50854188
It's okay anon, much like sex it's perfectly understandable to be awkward and ineffective the first few times you do it, but you get the hang of it eventually. Unlike sex, you don't get laughed out of the room for being 30 and now knowing what you're doing! Hahahahaha
>>
>>50854205
System Mastery, much like sex, is completely overrated.
>>
>>50854205
D-does that happen? I'm only 23 but it doesn't look like I'll amount to much by 30.[>>50854216
/spoiler]
>>
>>50854082
It's still easier to lock something than grapple, right? Like, a stance just hands me a chance to lock stuff with every attack, which seems like a nice deal to me. It'd still be forcing an enemy to make a choice between being trapped next to me or blowing actions to get away from the incoming whirlwind of unarmed strikes.

Only messing with PoW in theorycrafting is catching up with me.
>>
>>50853096
Because rulership is a completely different beast.
Even though the current top dogs are generals, that has more to do with who they were and what they decided to call themselves; basically it's still so early in the country's official history that the warlords are still calling themselves warlords. Their grandkids'll probably have proper titles of course, like in *EVERY OTHER COUNTRY THIS HAPPENS IN EVER*.

Now thing is, they need people, yes. But LANDED means you now collect taxes and have the right to build up armed forces. Not "you can own a house"; fucking PEASANTS can own a house. Being landed means you have people under you. They pay you their taxes; you administrate the area, deal with disputes, handle keep the roads safe, handle arbitration...

And those in charge have to be very strictly vetted especially early on: The alternative is 50 little warlords all starting to think that they're "not really any weaker than one of the first guys, so why should we owe them anything?"

And the landed ones are hereditary titles. You wanna make fucking sure, because if one isn't very loyal, his kids will be even less; you didn't give THEM their title (from their point of view at least) their father did.

Nobility sees itself - and in many ways IS an entirely different world from peasants an regular citizens. It has the influence - nominally at least - to enforce that separation, and every reason to want to stay that way: one's power and influence as nobility is determined partially by how rare and exclusive that club is.

This is why when some regular sergeant saves the king's life personally and gets to take over his podunk nowhere hometown, a whole bunch of people get fucking *PISSED* at the "upstart"
>>
>>50853961
Imagine Rage Power: Wild Empathy.

*SKRONK*
>WAAAAAAAGH!
*... skronk*
>WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
*... ... yes boss*
>>
>>50854228
No, anon's just not had much. Probably at most an awkward evening where he came before getting in, but then got to come as he stuck it in, and now uses that as his basis for saying he's had sex twice.
>>
>>50854425

So basically, the players who get in will be the first seeds of the first (potentially great) houses of Molthune? That's quite an accomplishment, hell it makes figuring out the details of their family name, banner and title that much more important!
>>
Is there a way to make a strength based character not slowed down by their armor?
Trying to figure out ways to make a human in full plate move at 30ft a round.
>>
>>50854566
Having it be Mithril armor should help a lot I think.
>>
>>50854518
Well there's already top-dogs, but molthune is still a lot of wilderness with a lot of room to fill-in. Maybe not "the great" houses, more like the "second wave" after the founders; plenty of potential to rise up to great status though.

But yeah, that does make the names and all that much more important. That's why I went for a small fringe family; small amount of land, village that needs its chance to grow.
>>
>>50854566
Play a Fighter or Armored Hulk.
>>
>>50854518
>He didn't make plans for a great house name, banner, and sigil.
Pleb
>>
>>50854595
Mithril unfortunately makes it medium which still has speed 20.
>>50854600
Is that really the best way?
Why must strength be suffering?
>>
File: basecreature.jpg (144KB, 1129x636px) Image search: [Google]
basecreature.jpg
144KB, 1129x636px
>Staypuft
Now there's a real shitter it would seem. I don't know the name per-se, but in the middle of everyone else's character creation "Hey, I don't mind joining you guys, but all this psionic and path of war stuff, it'll break the game lol, I know this from experience"
>>
>>50854641
Mithril doesn't make it medium in PF.
>>
>>50854641
If you use piecemeal armor and use scale arms and legs and agile plate torso with mithral, you'd get 30ft move speed
>>
>>50854651
>Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations. Heavy armors are treated as medium, and medium armors are treated as light, but light armors are still treated as light.
>>
>>50854624

>Implying

I don't have a house name, but the sigil will be a golden starburst outlined with sable on a white field, the house words are "As Good as Gold."
>>
>>50854241
Yes. Generally CMD is way harder to beat than someone's reflex bonus, so you're good.
>>
>>50854624

Honestly it looks like so far only one person has.
>>
>>50854566
If you want that mobility, you're going to have to give up a little somewhere.

Now you could compensate with speed boosts, but if you don't want to lose your speed then you'll need to mithral (or dreamstone or noqual or darkleaf cloth) some medium armor.
>>
>>50854745
So in other words just go with dex instead? As it is cheaper, faster, and only does slightly less damage.
>>
>>50854624
>>50854740

I didnt want people to devote too much time to sigils and whatnot if they didnt get in.
>>
>>50854785

Speaking as the guy who did it; it took me about fifteen minutes with a builder online. Now, mind, I didn't cross reference my heraldric language, under the assumption that Golarion's heraldric language is probably different from Medieval England's, which is the language I'm most familiar with.
>>
>>50854769
If all you're worried about is losing movement speed, you can just boost your movement. It's the cheap solution for what you want. Basic full plate though will slow you down, no way around it. Mithral it anyways so that some middling dex will give you a bonus to go with it anyways (lower ACP as well).

Optimization in this game is about understanding compromise. Right now you are asking "I want this heavy armor, but it slows me down".

So you have options, but this is where "compromise" happens.

If you keep to a heavy armor, movement will be affected. But you can get some Dex bonus for even more AC with that by making it mithral.

If you MUST have your movement speed (only 'BASE' and directly-derived-from-base is affected) then the heaviest you want is mithral'd up Medium (which now moves as light). This lets you get a +6 with potentially high dex as well; giving you an even mix of armor (flatfooted) and dodging (touch) with a good total.

You can boost that number even further with a shield of course. While this affects damage in many cases, it can also make you FAR cheaper to armor up: a +7 armor and +7 shield are going to be the same price as one +10 and that's AFTER you get both made of special materials.
>>
>>50854796

I mean, as long as you are happy with it, I am happy with it. It is mostly just flavor for extra comfiness and recognition within the game world.
>>
>>50854624
I can't fucking draw. Any art I get will be from somewhere else. But I did come up with a house and lineage.
>>
>>50854879

Yeah, I had fun with it. I like that sort of worldbuilding/character design stuff; sometimes I'll just sit down and make houses for the ASOIAF RPG 'cause it's fun for me.
>>
>>50854641
Because it isn't, PF is rocket tag.

You know what doesn't hit you?

SHIT YOU'VE KILLED.

SHIT YOU'VE KILLED HAS 0d20+0 to hit anyone
>>
>>50854892

What is the house name and words? What's their gimmick? What's the nickname you want for them, or the sigil you'd ideally want?
>>
When Starfinder comes out, will I b able to play a tactical awoo?
>>
>>50854905

Unless it has the Death Throes ability.
>>
>>50854925
That is cute as heck and reminds me a little of Dowman's style.
>>
>>50854925

Unfortunately all the awoos were wiped out in the great gene war.
>>
File: pistol.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pistol.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
>>50854926
yeah but that shit's a popgun to most adventurers.
>>
>>50854925

Very likely. There'll undoubtedly be plenty of race conversions, both official and unofficial.
>>
>>50855004
I can't imagine too many conversions being needed, it's still pathfinder after all.
>>
>>50855004

Fox has a tail, Samus has downy feather pubes.

Isn't that just as good?
>>
>>50855056

I want to help samus shave her downy featherpubes to get ready for a date!
>>
Y'all are weirdos
>>
>>50855073

>Shaving feathers

Dude no, that hurts. Those things are deep in there, it'd be agony to pluck them out.
>>
>>50855112

Oh. I don't know how animal parts work.

My bad.
>>
>>50853104
The level one stance is pretty good; you can duplicate it with feats if you want to move out of it, but getting reach + adjacent attacks and bonus AC as well as bonus damage is solid.

Piercing Thunder also includes 'pick up an unattended weapon as a free action during any movement' which helps mitigate the throwing weapon issue.
>>
>decide to be an asshat
>human fighter
>start with 23 int
>int headband early
>use book from occult adventures
>pay for simulacrum of that one bitch
>level bonuses
>wish bonus
>48 int
>FCB
>take open minded
>take cunning
>use Advanced Weapon Training for Versatile training w/ feats
>use Advanced Armor Training for Versatile training w/ feats

>total of 36 skill ranks per level
>there are 35 skills including all knowledges
>grab both profession (soldier) and profession (driver)
Feels good to have THE WORST IDEAD EVER
>>
File: tumblr_ncq4mxbl0R1sodo64o1_400.gif (2MB, 265x323px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncq4mxbl0R1sodo64o1_400.gif
2MB, 265x323px
>>50855095

Yyyep.

By the by, have we heard anything new about the Nirmathi AP? Considering the recent interest in the Molthune game, it seems apropos.
>>
File: Yogg-Saron, Hope's End.gif (5MB, 286x395px) Image search: [Google]
Yogg-Saron, Hope's End.gif
5MB, 286x395px
>>50855095
Stay too long and the madness will consume you.
>>
>>50855149

It seems eeriely competent!
>>
>>50855132
Have you seen a feather?
Imagine having that pulled out of you like it was someone ripping your hair out.
>>
>>50855153
Does it though? There doesn't seem to be much information beyond "hobgoblin army" and "Crystal's AP".
>>
>>50855233
Well when competition for competence comes from second darkness or council of thieves...
>>
File: Mountadin.jpg (132KB, 900x1269px) Image search: [Google]
Mountadin.jpg
132KB, 900x1269px
Do GMs allow players to start with cursed items in pathfinder? Do they have to pay full extra price for them?

Pic related, trying to figure out how to stat this as a natural attack focused paladin.
>>
>>50854915
Sigil I don't know yet. House name is already in the bio. Nickname isn't something the family would have earned yet particularly because they're in the fucking boonies. If anything, the character might cause it to be earned - though whether that's something good or "upstart hicks" remains to be seen don't it.

Wonder exactly what kind of trees grow 'round there actually. What kind of temperate is southern molthune anyways?
>>
Does anyone have any screen shots from Paths of the Righteous? I'm interested in buying it, but wanted a peek to see if it is actually something that will be worth it.

Thanks in advance :)
>>
>>50855270
By RAW, a cursed item is no less expensive to produce and own.

It's just that you're supposed to make someone else use it.
>>
>>50855257
But it doesn't anon. There's better APs than those.
>>
>>50855293
Actually, cursed items are slightly or significantly cheaper to create depending on the level of the curse, as per the rules in Black Markets.
>>
File: sad dalek.gif (476KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
sad dalek.gif
476KB, 500x264px
>>50855270
E X P L A I N
>>
>>50855339

Well, the idea is that it's cursed armor locking the wearer into a rather nonhumanoid form while wearing it, and being unable to be removed without help from another--and even then leaving a lingering mental effect on the wearer forcing them to listen to the one 'keyed' to own the cursed armor.

The idea is the character was a paladin forced into such a suit as penace for a misdeed against their order, but between getting forced into the suit and being bound to someone escaped, because they knew that their order had grown corrupt and that they had committed no actual misdeed.
>>
>>50855293
Incorrect, per black market rules they are cheaper to produce.
>>
>>50855367
>Scarlet Crusade, bondage edition

I don't know whether to laugh or stare into the distance like something's wrong.
>>
>>50855389
I know the idea's a little out there, but I just wanted to see if it was doable. I manage it in time I might even submit it for ROTJR!

>>50855325
Oh? I haven't looked into Black Markets yet, I should do that then!
>>
Looking into the Molthuni Knights character discussion threads, fuck this Staypuft guy forever.

He tried to dictate what the GM would allow in PoW based on his own alleged experience of Deadly Agility ruining games and crying about overPOWered memes while proposing his own dual-shield warder, then proposed a Sacred Huntmaster that L I T E R A L L Y could not stink more of cheese, by taking the Conversion Inquisition for super Cha dumping powers, worshipping Gorum in a Lawful campaign for greatsword proficiency, and he wants to cycle animal companions to have the strongest ones possible at each level, including /dinosaurs/.

Seriously, this is the sort of person that gives /pfg/ a bad reputation for powergaming.
>>
>>50855463
More then DHB?
>>
>>50855463
The dude is either a literal LFG-fag that's never been to /pfg/, or just an elaborate troll.
>>
>>50855463
Wow. All I'd seen was the "hey don't use this lol" part.
>>
>>50855535
God I hope so
>>
At a glance, how well does the Pathminder class list accomplish "Tier 3 or close to it?"

http://pathminder.github.io/base-classes/
>>
>>50853144
Fair enough. I still want it though!
>>
>>50853386
When given a bevy of choices, people tend to freeze up and go with the basics.
Conversely, when highly-limited in options, the average person tries to go with as exotic as they can get away with.
>>
>>50855615
Drill Sergeant should be replaced with opportunist.

You don't get any bonus feats, except 1, but you keep Weapon Training instead which is more important.

Also opportunist is a lot more alchemy than drill sergeant.

More comments incoming.
>>
>>50855776
Opportunist came from the new Blood of Beasts book, correct? What's it do?
>>
File: A True Huntsman.jpg (1MB, 2088x2690px) Image search: [Google]
A True Huntsman.jpg
1MB, 2088x2690px
How would you stat him, /tg/?

>Uses a bastardsword/greatsword that can transform into a scythe when he wants to.
>It's also a shotgun.
>When disarmed, shrugs it off and starts punching a bitch
>Can transform into a crow, but only and very specifically a crow.
>More introspective and intelligent than he lets on
>Can track a group for eight months, keeping them protected from random encounters, without them noticing.
>Perpetually drunk
>Hits people so hard he cuts through the roof of the building behind them.
>Can Blade Beam when he wants to.
>Doesn't bother wearing any armor.
>>
>>50855800
Some kinda Soulknife with a dip in Ranger and drunken master monk?
>>
>>50855800

I'd make him take ranks in Profession: Sailor, because clearly he needs to learn what a "C" is.
>>
>>50855796
It replaces Weapon Training I with int to splash weapons. It replaces half of your bonus feats (the other half than myrmidon doesn't touch) with alchemy stuff and rogue talents.

>>50855615
So I have a problem with that even if the tiers are within broadly 3 some of the classes still warp the game. Particularly zealot.

I found it rather odd you removes the zealot and harbinger archetypes but kept the base classes.
>>
>>50855869
I'm not the one who made it, but how do the Zealot and Harbinger warp the game?
>>
>>50855869
>>50855615
Also I noticed Magus was removed, why?

Also you didn't add all the tier 3 vigilante archetypes, or just straight vigilante as it nearly makes it.

Also Hunter, Investigator, and Skald.

This list is overall pretty shit. The goal seems to not be "tier 3" but "disclude things I don't like".
>>
>>50855800
>>Uses a bastardsword/greatsword that can transform into a scythe when he wants to.
>>It's also a shotgun.

lawl
>>
>>50855886
Harbinger does not.

Zealot has some issues with it completely changes how defense works for the entire party. A creation zealot particularly essentially uses every action to buff/defend/heal the party. While the tier is not different the efficiency changes how encounters have to be designed.
>>
File: meanwhile at qrow.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile at qrow.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>50855907
WELCOME TO RWBY
>>
>>50855458
Here's the relevant excerpt:
>Crafting Cursed Items
Intentionally crafting cursed items requires the same item creation feats and skill checks as does crafting a normal
item of that type, but in addition to such requirements, intentionally cursed items require bestow curse or major curse as a spell prerequisites. Crafting cursed items is generally cheaper than creating fully functional items, depending on the type of curse involved, as detailed below. The table above [there's a table with the prices for stuff like Bag of Devouring and Necklace of Strangulation] indicates the price and spell prerequisites of some of the most common deliberately created cursed items.

Delusion: Cost is reduced by 90%.

Drawbacks and Requirements: Cost isn’t reduced for cosmetic drawbacks or requirements with no direct game effects. Cost may be reduced by 10% for minor drawbacks or requirements such as minimum skill ranks or worship of a specific deity; by 30% for harmful or costly drawbacks or requirements such as alignment change, ability damage, sacrificing wealth, or performing a quest to activate the item; or by 50% for severe drawbacks or requirements such as negative levels or sacrificing sentient creatures.

Intermittent Functioning: The cost of uncontrolled or unreliable items is reduced by 10%. The cost of dependent items, which function only in certain situations, is reduced by 30%.

Opposite Effect or Target: Cost is reduced by 50%.
>>
>>50855275

Southern Molthune is like Northern Andoran with a little bit of lake weather. In other words, think Ohio or Pennsylvania.
>>
>>50856023

Ah, excellent. Any idea what the price reduction should roughly be for such a thing? Removal of prehensile limbs, command-word based influence, weakness to mind-affecting effects (unsure if auto-fail or just a penalty)?
>>
>>50856070
Does it actually have any benefits, or was it designed as a restricting thing? Because it sounds more like the latter. Best bet is probably Opposite Effect for 50% off.
>>
>>50856111

Well, the idea was it would function as a suit of enchanted armor as well, MAYBE increase movement speed, but that might be a little out of the price range for what I'm looking at.
>>
>>50855367

... Have you figured out who is helping them escape? Because I can think of a few people who would be happy to duo app with that.
>>
>>50854873
Pretty sure there's also some boots that just boost movement speed.

There's little functional difference between 30ft speed and 20+10ft speed.
>>
>>50855004
Samus, give Fox her suit back, she needs that!
>>
>>50856070
Well keep in mind, minor cosmetic drawbacks get nothing.
Requiring X (should be equal to the CL at least) skill ranks in a specific - often odd/rarely-taken - skill is that -10% or "restricted to worshipers of diety X" and shit like the sacrifices are a "on a regular basis" or even "per use of this strongest ability", if you want to be properly fluffy and balanced.

What you want is either cosmetic; maybe minor -10% if it's particularly monstrous (if say people scream "oh shit fuck driders" when they see you for example, and the more courageous ones attack), or major if it's blocking off limb use in a non-occupying way (a sword is not preventing you from using your hand, but boots that disable your left arm would count)
>>
>>50856210
no, she's just looking at his tail because it's orange and round.

which means either she wants to transform into that, or she wants to stick two of them on her shoulders.
>>
>>50855800
Don't forget that -4 vrs poison.
>>
>>50856187

Not yet! I hadn't asked around, I wanted to make sure the suit would be affordable given the monetary limits.
>>
>>50856187
I'm looking forward to my duo app, a brother/sister combo with a good for nothing older brother and a younger sister there to kick him into shape.
>>
>>50855905
Again, I didn't make the list. I found it. I just wanted to hear /pfg/'s opinion on it.
>>
>>50856339
Well my opinion is that it's shit.
>>
Tell me lads, what's your Molthune Knight's "thing?" You know, their focus. Specialization. Schtick. The thing their village does and they focus on that means, when the years roll by and the villages develop into towns, that is what your noble family is known for?

I might be making a quartermaster assigned to develop a fishing village into an alternative port for Druman trade.
>>
>>50855615
>http://pathminder.github.io/base-classes/
>No N. Jolly content/10
>>
>>50855800
I would make him in OVA, you disgusting fauxweeb.

But he's any given martial with a personality quirk, the hidden artifact sword class feature and a slotless Beast Shape item.
>>
It looks like the cursed paladin suit is not withing price range of characters for quite awhile, unfortunately! +1 banded mail that gives a -2 sacred penalty on saves against mind-effecting effects and a command word dominate person that can only target the wearer still clocks in at 15450 GP if I did my math right (assuming 'no longer having the use of your arms' is a major drawback.)
>>
File: Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg (42KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg
42KB, 640x448px
>12 skills/level
>still not enough skills
>I'm neither Int-based, nor a rogue
>can't switch to Int-based because muh Cha memes

JUST
>>
>>50855389
You do both, anon. Because it's funny, but something is clearly, deeply wrong here.

Or they're fishing for (You)s.
>>
>>50856382
Old spy, secretly creating an academy to train new soldiers in the art of espionage. I am also gonna shoot for a lake front village. Now the espionage academy doubles as an actual place of higher learning.

So the plan is focus on education.

Possibly secondarily focus on the alchemical industry as well as brewing.

I'm trying to figure out the crops in Molthune for what alcohol my city could be known for.
>>
>>50856441
What's OVA? Genuinely curious, want to give it a look.
>>
>>50856508

Eh, the guy's friendly enough and hasn't tried to emphasize the kink!
>>
>>50856514

Heck, I want to know what sort of crops grow around there too, but I'm aiming for luxuries like cotton or dyes (if I could get some silkworms I'd squeal!)
>>
>>50856514
Basically I'm thinking what industries would I want a town focused around. I particularly like higher education, brewing, and alchemy as possible ideas. Though all of those are rather exclusive.

Other ideas include:
>financial
>mining
>bureaucratic (basically tax center)
>tourism (entertainment, brothels, etc.)
>agricultural (a bit boring, unless you do specialty crops)
>correctional (a large prison would be an interesting town set piece)
>ranching/kennels/rookeries (depends on the animals being raised)
>shipping (works better for lake front)
>carpentry/masonry/tanning/glassblowing/etc.

It's a little hard to figure one out that is not too special snowflake for a town.
>>
>>50856382

Entertainment and service, mostly; that's what she was always good at, and she'd be damn sure to have the most hospital village in the area.
>>
>>50856514

http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Alcoholic_beverages

Have fun!

Also, seems like the River Kingdoms (especially Pitax) is a famous center for fine wine!
>>
>>50856543
OVA is the Open Versatile Anime system, a spiritual successor to BESM. It's point buy and rules-medium. I think the Trove has a copy.
>>
>>50856441
>Hidden artifact sword class feature

The what now?
>>
>>50856599

The thing to remember is that Druma dominates the lake trade, and Druma's specialty is mining and metallic goods (they're resource rich and have exclusive rights to the Dwarves.)

This means the ideal product and this is me shamelessly shilling myself are things you can't produce in a Sky Citadel or a rock. Textiles, dyes, spices, livestock, fine wines or liquors. The wealth of Molthune is not in wood or metals, it's in vast expanses of arable land.
>>
>>50856692
I am thinking likely higher education then things that support higher education.

Now to try and find all the biggest places of higher learning in Avistan.
>>
>>50856722
What I've found thus far is:
>http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/University_of_Lepidstadt
>>
>>50856722

No no, I think a university city would be fantastic, it's just that's something way down the road; even Oxford started as a grazing ground for cows.

As for places of higher learning that currently exist? Look up the University of Lepidstadt, found in Ustalav.
>>
>>50856737
There's also universities in Almas, Egorian, and Korvosa.

Borderline cases are Kitharodian Academy, the bard college in Oppara, and Endrin Military Academy in Korvosa.

Plus stuff like Korvosa's Academae, Magaambya in the Mwangi Expanse, but that's more magic-specific.
>>
>>50856761
Of course. I am planning on starting with the brewing industry and moving into it. Universities are a way down the line. I am planning on spending 2k gp on downtime rule stuff.
>>
Am I a bad DM for withholding plot information from the players if it might influence the way they make their characters significantly?
>>
>>50856823

Of course not? That's the hallmark of a GOOD DM.
>>
>>50856823
Depends on the way you're doing it.

It could be useful to know what sort of campaign it will be if a Ranger needs to choose his favored enemies/terrains, but if that sort of thing needs to come up it should be on the player to ask you.

Basically you're good.
>>
>>50856833
>>50856853

Cool. Cool cool cool.
>>
>comfy
I don't mean to seem a dolt, but I keep seeing this word used by the Molthune GM as a response to certain character options. What exactly does he mean by this?
>>
>>50856630
Back in the day, when a character (usually straight Fighter or lord help us Monk) was unable to keep up with the challenges they faced, the DM would hook them up with a super cool artifact weapon that allowed them to catch up by adding some combination of damage, utility, and unique defense tailored to the player's character.

The joke was it happened so often that getting an artifact sword (or tiger shifting amulet for Monks) was an unwritten class feature.

>>50856823
Would this lack of knowledge potentially get them all killed? Would this knowledge invalidate character concepts that aren't in and of themselves disruptive? Are you hiding your Magical Realm from them?

If you answer no to all three questions, you're probably fine.
>>
>>50856382
Mostly field expertise; from dowsing to forestry goods to limited (mostly just around himself) climate control so camp can be had anywhere.

At level 4 the entire country will become his favored terrain; that's when what he can really offer the party in terms of survival, travel and finding resources comes in.

The town though focuses on goods from the nearby forest, as well as basic farming. He's out there to help figure out how and what to expand *with*; still a lot of untamed untapped wilderness out there, but he can make searching through the place an actually-comfy life.
>>
>>50856823
I would say that's a dick move unless you're certain it won't result in the players being pissed off.
>>
>>50856871

You're not trying to save the world and you're not going to be fighting for your life every session.

It's a laid-back campaign where you crack open a beer and casually develop your character and their village while enjoying the company of the party!
>>
>>50856897
>Would this lack of knowledge potentially get them all killed?
No but it may inconvenience some.
>Would this knowledge invalidate character concepts that aren't in and of themselves disruptive?
Oh no, it's not that impactful.
>Are you hiding your Magical Realm from them?
Definitely not.

>>50856911
They should not be pissed. I hope they wouldn't be though.
>>
>>50856901
Did you take Air Lock? Take Air Lock.
Literally "make comfy" the class ability
>>
>>50856871

DM here, think of it as a noble bright setting in the kitchen sink that is Golarion. There are no liches trying to turn the world into Eox, Cheliax is not going to invade, there is no impending doom. Nothing is really on a time limit. Ever play Harvest Moon? You would not be far off. There will be a little more action than that though. At the end of the day, your character should feel accomplished, a little tired, happy and ready for a beer/wine/whatever. I have a few events planned to occur and the final culmination should feel satisfying.

Or what >>50856976 said.
>>
>>50856382
Part corrections, part militia training. It ties into the Martial Tradition my knight's involved with, which is all about giving second chances to those who wish to reclaim honor.
>>
>>50857051

Mr. DM, I've got a question all of us hopefuls who don't have a solid concept want to know!

What sorts of characters do you think would be particularly conducive to this campaign? What are you looking for in an application?
>>
File: 0eb649c48785581a0756a8436eb3a8de.jpg (525KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
0eb649c48785581a0756a8436eb3a8de.jpg
525KB, 816x1056px
Thinking of trying out a character, but do you think it's too much to ask to use the pre-errata version of Feral Combat Training? I was thinking of going Nimble Guardian monk and trying to get claws to use unarmed strike damage.

It wouldn't be that great a loss, since I'm reasonably certain I can get hold of a way to cast strong jaw on my claws anyway, but I'm curious about this build.
>>
>>50857120
>>50856604
>>50856514
>>50856692

So what we've got so far are people interested in building a resort village, a university town, a reeducation camp and a plantation?
>>
>>50857009
Was my first pick. It's a level 3 feat I'm not too sure about. I'd have liked to grab some martial training maybe, but the most appropriate is scarlet throne which does nothing for either movement, counters or ranged combat save for the stance I could get from training II at 5th.
>>
What are the best hedgewitch traditions/archetypes?
>>
>>50857152

I dont want to stifle creativity. I know everyone has their own ideas for comfy and this game is being ran specifically for you guys.

I would avoid lewd, keep it to cute Be something related to Molthune in your back story, and be something that can hold its own in a social setting. You dont have to be some +20 to bluff or diplomacy build that gimps your combat, just a little so if you were invited to another villa or an after tournament dance your character would not be standing on the sides wishing he wasnt so bored. Keep in mind, you are taking on the role of "knights" which means you should have a little bit of combat experience, but that doesnt mean you have to be a warder/warlord/paladin. Mages are useful in armies, so are sappers, spys, engineers, and more!
>>
>>50857303
What is your opinion of IDrive's character. Is it as shitty mary sue awful to you as it is to any sane man? Are you going to even bother to pay notice to the faggot furry shithead that ruins all things? I would say invite him to the first session and then laugh him out and bring in the real player for that slot but he does not even deserve that minor chance of happiness.
>>
>>50857341

That is definitely not in the spirit of comfy.
>>
>>50857341
What is it with you anyways?
>>
>>50857303

Mr. DM, how do you feel about a gruff smuggler that's really trying to learn how to be a good noble, complete with lessons on etiquette and how to read?
>>
New Thread:

>>50857394
>>50857394
>>50857394
>>50857394
>>
>>50857341
Jesus. Dude.
IDrive needs to tone it down, but fuck me, man, you need to calm your tits.
>>
>>50857193
Now which is the most special snowflake?
>>
>>50857341
Yo, witch hunt anom.
How you been.
>>
>>50857194
You. That ability means avowed.

I need to know. Is there any gear that can boost aether pulse? like with the natural weapon amulets, or the kineticist diadem or ring, stuff like that?
>>
>>50857428

As I said, I dont want to stifle creativity. If you feel your character can adjust to a semi-quiet comfy life, with some political stuff, some social events, some combat, and some downtime play, by all means, do you! Be happy! Be comfy!
>>
>>50857497

Ooh, you're great!
>>
>>50857606

No anon. You are great!
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.