[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 34

File: 1472264990052.jpg (169KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1472264990052.jpg
169KB, 700x1050px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50773052
>The_Essence_Limit:_A_documentary.trid
>Merchant_of_Venice_2054.zdf
>FCC_Pope_Reply.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 356 (57% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'I don't know chummer. I know this one AI that works in a fabrication hall. He's more human, living and feeling than some metas I've met. Is there something like a honorary humanity?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Tears_In_Rain.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
>>
>>50789361
I'd love to see almost-human, not-quite-AI replicants become a serious option for PCs. One that has direct bearing on the metaplot, as the line between drone (property) and personhood becomes dangerously blurred for society.

While I prefer godlike AI stories, I feel like those died with AI, and the current generation of small AIs doesn't go far enough in the Blade Runner direction of examination of dubious line between clever machines and actual personality.
>>
>reading Howling Shadows
>come across this little gem
>Red: Whew! Just in time! I almost missed Slamm’s deadline.
>Clockwork: Busy finding virgins to suck dry?
>Red: Don’t worry, you’re safe.
Say what you will about Jackpoint commentary, but that gave me a chuckle.
>>
>>50788806
>Sleeves
>fuckit, I'ma pretend it's a full suit
Nope.

>>50788829
>even the fluff makes a point of talking about how it looks kinda shitty and people feel bad when they're expected to wear it.
Nah, mate. Street trogs don't like it for appropriating their subculture. "Successfully walks the line between hip and tasteless" is not "looks kinda shitty". Bump up your reading comprehension.

> I know you want your stupid, overpowered trash-suit to not look like trash, but it does.
I replace the RPC with Electrochromic, and drop the price, but don't let facts get in your way now, eh?
>>
>>50789613
Mate, that is all latex. The jacket, the undershirt, the pants, even the fucking tie, all latex. Now if you're referring to the interpretation that the Sleeping Tiger has a latex sleeves and the rest of the suit is some other material, that makes it even worse because now it's not even consistent.

>I replace the RPC with Electrochromic, and drop the price, but don't let facts get in your way now, eh?
So he's magically supposed to know about your homebrewed shit?
>>
Is it better for a jack of all trades character to, well, grab Jack of all Trades before or after character creation?

Furthermore, for a character who has 3s in almost all primary attributes, which would you bump to 4?
>>
>>50789703
depends on the metatype and archetype
>>
>>50789703
Given that it's going to cost you twice as much karma to buy if after chargen, I'd say grab it during chargen.
>>
>>50789613
Fuck off. Sleeping Tiger is shit, and you're just flaunting your shit taste now.
>>
>>50789703
Your character's going to be shitty at everything instead of decent at everything.
>>
>>50789329
>That's getting covered by the "surprise in combat" paragraph. Basically, Alice and Bob would get a surprise test to see if they see Eva or realize they're being led to the slaughter before Foxy.

See, that's the problem.
Foxy might be shooting subsonic from a silenced rifle, and realistically poor sobs might not even notice amidst all the drek flying around until she hits someone. But by the rules they automatically home in on her and either dodge the bullet which has been already shot or drop what they were doing and stare into the headlights.

It just eludes my mind how you can possibly imagine rolling a surprise test against an opponent who reveals himself with a shot. You either need to be Neo or have a 6th sense.
>>
>>50789361
Here's a player and PC archetype that I suspect comes up quite a lot in Shadowrun. I've seen it more than once. How many of you recognise it?

The player is more awkward than average, and they've made a tough, stupid meatbrick (almost certainly a troll). Their character's low Charisma score and lack of social skills exempt them from any sort of serious or tense roleplaying, leaving the player free to either remain silent or throw out deprecating comments without risking feeling stupid. Similarly, their character's extreme toughness insulates the player from taking combat seriously, as they are capable of literally and figuratively shrugging off attackers. Ultimately, the character prevents the player from doing much more than getting bored in non-combat scenes (which Shadowrun has a lot of), which prevents them from getting invested in the game and further encourages them to use their character as a barrier between themselves and the game.

I feel like Shadowrun leads a certain type of player toward this archetype pretty hard. There are entertaining, useful, well thought out troll characters, but these aren't that. I don't think it's even done maliciously, it's just a manifestation of being afraid to put yourself at risk during the game, but it does make the game worse as the rest of the group have to plan around the lumbering thug that keeps following them to all their jobs.

Has anyone else seen this meatbrick?
>>
>>50789785

The point is, regardless of whether it's gaudy irl, the Sleeping Tiger counts as fashionable armor in-game and there's no reason beyond GM preference to treat it in the universe of Shadowrun itself as anything but that.
>>
>>50789724
>archetype
jack of all trades, edgemaster to be more specific

>>50789736
makes sense to me
>>
>>50790040
which metatype?

I'd say either AGI or INT
alternatively: why not bump up a skill or two?
>>
>>50789680
>Now if you're referring to the interpretation that the Sleeping Tiger has a latex sleeves and the rest of the suit is some other material
If you want to call a literal reading an interpretation.

> that makes it even worse because now it's not even consistent.
Still coming at me with that 2010s fashion sense, bro. "Successful".

>So he's magically supposed to know about your homebrewed shit?
He can do what he wants. Assumptions about power gaming are poor form, tho.
>>
>>50790072
>which metatype?
>edgemaster
I thought human would simply be restating the obvious. I'm using copious amounts of edge to make up for my otherwise-terrible rolls.

>I'd say either AGI or INT
Alright. I personally had strength bumped up so I wouldn't be hit with armor encumbrance, but we'll see.

>alternatively: why not bump up a skill or two?
See: Jack of All Trades. It doesn't kick in until post-karmagen.
>>
>>50790088
>Still coming at me with that 2010s fashion sense, bro. "Successful".
A suit in 2077 looks like a suit from 2016, and like a suit from 1901 for that matter. Some things don't change.
>>
>>50790121
>edgemaster
yup, brainfart there

STR can be useful, though you have to remember that it allows you to have 1 more armor without penalty, while 1 point more AGI increases your chances to hit and 1 point INT raises your Initiative by 1
so you have to decide if that one point of armor is worth more than the chance to go earlier or hit better
>>
>>50790196
Good point. It's not like they'll be the main offense anyway.
>>
File: 1463699735748.jpg (140KB, 530x510px) Image search: [Google]
1463699735748.jpg
140KB, 530x510px
Just gonna repost this until the pastebin is updated, I guess....

Here's now working links to the artwork and tokens folder from the Pastebin that have been dead for a while.
Again, sorry about that. If whoever is in control of that pastebin would add the new links, that'd be cool.

Here have like a thousand badly named tokens!
https://mega.nz/#F!pYtR0SQB!Cu4L3mvZhKno_U0oOeU7Nw

And like 1600, or so SR related images (Careful, a bunch of NSFW stuff in there)
https://mega.nz/#F!xAt3DSJK!nth6Vq8XZYUi-ixdkqwPTA

I'm gonna try to keep this updated as I make more pogs for my own campaign. Since I'm not otherwise using Mega, this time, they wont just disappear.

Lova ya!
>>
Yekka, bone lacing above plastic costs karma for some weird reason.
>>
>>50790604
Thanks friend!
>>
What happened to all the namefags anyway? This time just last year we had a pretty consistent community of personalities in these generals, but yekka is all we really have left anymore
>>
File: tumblr_od15u6EheI1swr0eao2_1280.jpg (346KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od15u6EheI1swr0eao2_1280.jpg
346KB, 1280x720px
>>50790842
I stopped namefagging, because there's honestly no point to it.
Also for a while /tg/ was a super toxic swamp of people pissing at each other over EVERYTHING, so yeah...
>>
So, what's with people over-exaggerating how bad the sleeping tiger looks like when the books don't say it's that bad?
Is it just because it's overpowered and they want some way to inflict penalties on it?
>>
>>50790604
Shush, I know what I'm doing. Updating now.
>>
>>50790679
Oh, I guess it's because the bone lacing pushes me down another essence tier and and then the point I have in magic becomes a point to maintain that... or something.
>>
>>50790161
Some things do.
>>
>>50791074
Yeah, and humanity's preference for consistency isn't one of them.
>>
>>50790842
If there isn't a direct reason to use a trip, then don't.

>>50791014
Sleeping Tiger?
>>
>>50791014
It looked bad in previous editions and they don't really say conclusively how it looks in 5th.
>>
>>50791172
It's a very highly armored business suit with some chains on it and popped collars.
People are grumpy that it's overpowered, and greatly exaggerate how bad it looks like in all editions.
>>50791190
But not nearly as bad as people around here describe it as. It's just kind of tacky. Not "literally made of garbage".
>>
Does anyone know where I can get the novels in electronic format?
>>
File: 1461034819500.jpg (113KB, 496x730px) Image search: [Google]
1461034819500.jpg
113KB, 496x730px
>>50791058
Yay
>>
>>50791207
>greatly exaggerate how bad it looks like in all editions.
Nigger, the sleeves are made out of latex and the cuffs are made out of PVC pipe. It looks exactly like a suit designer made a suit with nothing but a dumpster as his supplies on a bet.
>>
>>50791261
But it's got no social penalties, so it doesn't look that bad and people won't look down on it.
>>
File: 1477110767483.jpg (79KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1477110767483.jpg
79KB, 736x1040px
>>50789805
>It just eludes my mind how you can possibly imagine rolling a surprise test against an opponent who reveals himself with a shot. You either need to be Neo or have a 6th sense.

Or Alice notices that Charlie keeps trying to maneuver her into an open area, some place where he couldn't get a clean shot at her but her back is wide open. REA + INT is 'is this person savvy enough to realise what's happening, and fast enough to set themselves up for a proper defense'.
>>
>>50791276
>But it's got no social penalties
So what? People get shit on for wearing a perfectly good Mortimer that's 20 years old get praised for wearing the most retarded shit to hit the walkway this week. Dice pool and social limit adjustment don't mean shit about whether or not something looks good.
>>
>>50787595
You have this entirely wrong.

The 1st age, whatever it was, most likely predated dragons as we know them entirely. There's literally no records of them, because the first age was very likely the evolution of life on the planet at all, with the protodragons attaining sentience and only becoming magical at the beginning of the 2nd age, when they'd -really- get down to brass tacks, and then get hit by the horrors the first time.

Keeping in mind, technically the ages are 5000 years long.

Meaning that the 6th age begins (rounding out) in the year 2000,

3000 BCE is when the 3rd age ENDED, which also coincides almost exactly with the rise of human civilizations and agriculture on a massive scale, china and egypt were just getting their shit together, and mesopotamia was flourishing. This is when the last dregs of magic leave the world entirely.

go back another 5000 years, you hit 8000 BCE, which is when pottery was literally invented in the fertile crescent and this is also one of the weirdest periods in history because we have a whooooole bunch of the worlds populations who should have been hunter-gatherers, but we also got some weird ass cities popping up all over the damn place.

Keep in mind, the horror's don't show up at the end of a cycle, they start appearing around 800 years into a cycle, and get progressively worse the longer the cycle goes on until they wipe out most sapient life around the middle of the cycle and then the magic starts draining away.

That doesn't make the shadowrun timeline any less stupid desu. The epochs they give are so fucking off it's kinda staggering. Granted, a lot of magical fossils don't appear odd until the magic comes back and the DNA inside of them reactivates and does weird shit, but -still-.
>>
>>50791321
It actually means quite a lot about whether it looks good, as that determines how it looks in world.
>>
>>50791321
>>50791338
Also, the sleeping tiger has been around so long now that it has become one of those timeless classics, it seems. Never to gain the social penalties of the 20 year old clothing.
>>
>>50791261
That actually sounds incredibly cyber-stylish. Only way it could get better is if it had glowing LEDs.
>>
File: 1452596054229.jpg (145KB, 512x810px) Image search: [Google]
1452596054229.jpg
145KB, 512x810px
>>50789934
My first character with a human with 6 Body, ex-CAS Military, that was on the run from Aztechnology. He never spoke about his past because he didn't want information about him leaking out allowing the corp to track him down. Yet his military background and physical resilience made him a de-facto leader for the team, and those same background elements he tried to keep buried provided nice hooks for the GM and moments I remember fondly.

I think the problem is not specifically about troll bricks. A troll brick becomes exponentially interesting with the more elements you throw in that contrast with the rest, like a cute 8-year-old little sister, a love of poetry, or a gift for cooking.
The problem lies with being a passive player. You can have a passive gun-bunny, who will just do nothing all session until combat comes, at which point his only line on dialogue will be "I shoot X in the face". My current group has a passive mage, and every session I ask myself "How do I make her play a more active part in the story?"
In the end, it's really about making one-dimensionnal characters: character that are built for a purpose, for the rules, rather than characters that are nuanced and feel natural.
>>
>>50791332
okay, correction. If you go back to the end of the 2nd age, the years of 12,000 BCE to 8000 BCE would have made up the 3rd age, the 2nd magicless age, and that's about when homo sapiens really started to get it's shit together.

The Homos genus however dates back a full freaking 40,000 years or longer though, which is what makes me really hate the shadowrun timeline because it makes no goddamn sense on the scale of years they have listed for each one, no matter -how- thorough the horrors are at obliterating stuff... we have some really good archeological records dating back this far.

If each age was 10,000 years long I'd be more ready to believe THAT.

Then you have to go all the way back to like, 50,000-40,000 BCE or there abouts to get to the second world and the dominance of dragons rather than only 18,000-13,000 BCE, which archeologically speaking is not THAT long ago, long enough that we don't have a perfect idea of what was going on, but not so long ago that we have no fucking clue what was going down in most parts of the world. That's a geological eyeblink really, at best.
>>
>>50791338
>>50791353
You don't get it. The deal with the Sleeping Tiger is not about how good it looks, it's about how much you paid for it and how new and hip it is. It's showing that you have the money to waste on buying a new outfit every week in the pursuit of pointless, short-lived fads and that you care more about being fashionable than actually looking good. The Sleeping Tiger is like shitty modern art: it doesn't matter that it's literally trash. It's expensive and big names are making a fuss about it so it must be respectable!

Also,
>Also, the sleeping tiger has been around so long now that it has become one of those timeless classics, it seems. Never to gain the social penalties of the 20 year old clothing.
Fucking kek. "Timeless classic" is Mortimer's shtick, and the Sleeping Tiger is a freak of fashion that lived on much longer than it had any right to.
>>
Newbie question, but what's better at punching things: a phys adept or a street sam with a lot of cyber/bioware?
>>
Does anyone have any good images of attractive trolls in suits? I'm looking to make a troll face.
>>
>>50791568
A phys adept with some bioware.
>>
>>50791338
>>50791353
The Sleeping Tiger is trendy trash, modeled after (literally) orks who had to resort to wearing trash. The only reason it's stuck around for 20 years is because the writers won't ever stop beating a dead horse.

The fluff straight up talks about how it's based on orks and trolls having to make clothing out of trash, how it's seen as gimmicky and embarrassing, and how orks/trolls hate that they're expected to wear it when in a corporate environment because of the racist connotations associated with that hipster trash.

For fuck's sake.
>>
File: 1419650950561.jpg (250KB, 1038x841px) Image search: [Google]
1419650950561.jpg
250KB, 1038x841px
>>50791593
>>
File: 1331158914129.jpg (145KB, 754x975px) Image search: [Google]
1331158914129.jpg
145KB, 754x975px
>>50791593
>>
>>50791675
Is that what constitutes attractive for a troll?
>>
>>50789361
I'm about to get into Shadowrun, just got the core rulebook. Are there any recommended/necessary expansions or will it be fine if I just start with core?
>>
>>50791758
Pick your archetype and look at the related splatbooks. Also, look at Rigger 5.0 regardless of your archetype, because cars and motorcycles are nice things to have.
>>
What does a SIN have on it, at a cursory inspection? Looking to add a bit more personality to the ones I have besides just a rating and name.
>>
>>50791736
Not really, but that's a troll in a suit. Considering the rather low amount of troll in cyberpunk settings, there a really few images of troll in suits around.
>>
>>50791778
Thanks, will definitely look into vehicles. I rather plan to GM than play though.
>>
>>50791758
Deckers and Technomancers need Data Trails
Mages of all sorts need Street Grimoire(Adepts included)
Riggers need Rigger 5.0
Faces and Infiltrators should look at Cutting Aces
Anybody that plans to be killing shit should be looking at Hard Targets
Anybody with Augs should look at Chrome Flesh
Anybody with weapons or armor should look at Run & Gun
Everybody and their mother should look at Run Faster
>>
>>50791835
>>50791836
In that case, grab EVERYTHING
>>
>>50791828
Good point
>>
>>50791820
A SIN is just a social security number. It doesn't have anything else 'on' it. But it has the entire rest of your life linked to it.

Medical records, credit score, tax returns, purchase history, current address, driver's license... Anything about you can be looked up or checked if you have someone's SIN and access to an appropriate database.

When your SIN gets run through a scanner, they're doing an automated check to make sure they you appear 'legit' in the databases they have access to.
>>
>>50791513
>freak of fashion that lived longer than it had right to
so a timeless classic.
>>
File: Troll Face and Slots.jpg (98KB, 750x730px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Face and Slots.jpg
98KB, 750x730px
>>50791593
1/3
>>
>>50791758
All of it. It's all free in the pastebin in the OP. Never buy books.
>>
File: Troll Hair.jpg (130KB, 600x687px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Hair.jpg
130KB, 600x687px
>>50791919
2/3
>>
>>50791820
Look up the fake sin tables in corebook, page 367.
>>
>>50791913
No it's "fashionable" in the same way the Kardashians are "famous": not by any virtue of quality, but because people with bad taste won't stop beating that particular dead horse.
>>
>>50791630
Sounds cyber-stylish to me.
>>
>>50791948
You have described literally all of fashion.
>>
File: Troll Suit.jpg (35KB, 564x670px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Suit.jpg
35KB, 564x670px
>>50791940
3/3

>>50791948
So are the Jews behind Sleeping Tiger as well?
>>
>>50791836
>>50791851
>>50791920
All right, thanks. I guess I have some reading to do, but at least I'll have something to do during Christmas. What about different editions? Is 5 the best one, or is there some reason to look into older ones rather than the newest?
>>
>>50791999
>best

It's the smallest garbage fire. At least you can use Chummer5, and you don't have to get through a bunch of ancient RPG design choices that are about as coherent as Tudor English.
>>
>>50791999
For all of its faults and awful editing, 5e is still the best one available.
>>
>>50791919
Now THAT'S a hot troll.
>>
>>50791999
Yeah, 5e's the best edition. God help us.
>>
>>50791985
High fashion, maybe. But for the sensible rich and all us not-rich, it's a different story.

>>50791986
Anon please, Jews have better taste than that.
>>
>>50792073
Nah, pretty much all fashion is like that.
>>
>>50792089
Are you telling me that trousers survived since prehistory because it was a dead horse people refused to stop beating?
>>
File: What is included in a SIN.png (89KB, 382x704px) Image search: [Google]
What is included in a SIN.png
89KB, 382x704px
>>50791820
As of 4e
>>
>>50792089
It's definitely not, and the fact that you think so makes me think that you have a 'fuck being fashionable ever,' autistic-homely sort of fashion sense. High-fashion is absurd turbo-trash more often than not, but there's tons of classic looks that are as in-fashion as ever, and equal parts form and function.
>>
>>50792124
Hey, at times it was togas and skirts.
>>
>>50792129
Literally any form argument is beating a dead horse.
Function, sure, but that means the sleeping tiger is great. (Which is why it's withstood the test of time.)
>>
>>50792166
Only in some parts of the world, and those areas inevitably re-accepted trousers. Trends may come and go, but there are some general forms and material and color choices are constant.
>>
File: these_people_live_with_thorns.jpg (90KB, 480x638px) Image search: [Google]
these_people_live_with_thorns.jpg
90KB, 480x638px
>>50792185
Honestly, it seems entirely variable based on winds of what dead horse society wants to beat right now.
I hope this isn't bannable. Sorry if it's against the rules mods
>>
>>50792224
>lives with thorns
>doesn't wear pants
How are they still capable of reproducing?
>>
>>50792248
I don't fucking know anon.
>>
>>50792180
>Literally any form argument is beating a dead horse.
Not really. Visual design elements and principles apply to clothing as much as they do to architecture and automobiles. In any event, the release of the Executive Suite is going to seriously damage sales of Sleeping Tiger, perhaps even driving it off the market before the decade is over.
>>
>>50791820
SINs aren't like driver's license in that they have the details on it. SINs are like your Social Security Number in that they'll link up to a file with your information and background on it. Usually a 'cursory inspection' involves just making sure you're broadcasting a SIN, they don't run the file or anything, like when someone asks to see your licenses but doesn't bother to check the date to see if you're actually 21.
>>
>>50792438
I don't think it's going to do anything to sleeping tiger unless it is just as overpowered.
>>
>>50789805
Have you never seen one of those movies where the main character sees the reflection of light off the scope's lens or something?
>>
>>50792467
It's got almost as much armor, is far cheaper and isn't perpetuating a bigoted stereotype. That's going to steal a serious chunk of the Sleeping Tiger market.
>>
>>50792501
The only part of that which is important is the far cheaper bit.
Which really makes it come down to how "almost" it is in armor.
>>
>>50792526
1 single point.
>>
File: the whole squad flexing.jpg (428KB, 1455x771px) Image search: [Google]
the whole squad flexing.jpg
428KB, 1455x771px
>>50792089
>Nah, pretty much all fashion is like that.
for a genre that has been as shallow/aesthetically motivated as cyberpunk is i would assume we can discuss fashion with more nuance than "it's all the same and anyone that tries to dress well is a tryhard homo"
>>
>>50792534
That might do it.
I mean, it's not like it's initiative or something where you will totally pay more for the extra point.
>>
>>50792551
Not to mention that it's all the AV of an armored jacket for only twice the cost, and it's got the second best AV to nuyen ratio of any given suit.
>>
>>50792545
I could say the same for people saying some things look like shit when it's super fucking cyberpunk.
>>
>>50792686
Yeah, if you try to defend shit that's "cyberpunk" in the same sense that a top hot with some gears glued onto it is "steampunk".
>>
>>50792551
Can anyone suggest me a good book to rip off for a christmas theme run?
>>
File: Discworld Lesson.jpg (435KB, 780x1901px) Image search: [Google]
Discworld Lesson.jpg
435KB, 780x1901px
>>50792925
Hogfather.
>>
>>50792839
anon, a businessman wearing appropriated styles made of LATEX AND PVC is incredibly fucking cyberpunk.
>>
File: grinch1.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
grinch1.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>50792925
Depends. You want a cold hearted bastard run, a feel good run or just an ordinary run? Pic related is a cold hearted bastard run.
>>
>>50792980
>learning the true meaning of christmas and having your heart grow three sizes that day
>not a feel good run
>>
>>50793031
I mean, if you want to do the whole book, yeah, then it's a cold hearted bastard run that turns into a feel good run. But if you chop the end off, it's pure bastard.
>>
File: Angry Drummers.jpg (3MB, 3046x3002px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Drummers.jpg
3MB, 3046x3002px
>>50793031
>thinking the Sixth World version of the Grinch would learn a lesson at the end

It's like you don't even cyberpunk, anon.
>>
>>50793091
>he thinks he wouldn't
CyberPUNK, anon.
>>
>>50792960
Robocop is cyberpunk. A businessman wearing a power suit made from kevlar and spider silk being driven home in his car not by a chaffeur but by the car's autopilot is cyberpunk. A junkyard dog with a junkyard jaw is cyberpunk. A hacker with a robogirlfriend is cyberpunk.

A business suit made out of garbage is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>50792948
So... are you playing Mr Teatime in this game?
>>
>>50793141
A. it's not made out of garbage
B. that shit's pretty cyberpunk.

I think you just want more cyber and less punk.
>>
File: Puppies.gif (2MB, 400x234px) Image search: [Google]
Puppies.gif
2MB, 400x234px
>>50793105
Punk =/= good. It's more likely that the PCs will leave the run with the knowledge that the corps just wanted to crush the guy who dares to speak out against the excessively commercialized holiday. There's no golden light and happy endings, there's subversive people who live and die and sometimes edge out a victory that is really just a defeat that doesn't hurt so much.
>>
>>50793212
>Punk =/= good.
confirmed for not 'getting it'
>>
>>50793174
If you think you can take on that free spirit, go ahead. I'd rather work the protection side.
Our Street Samurai would love a chance to play the great long red-legged scissor man
>>
>>50793194
>A. it's not made out of garbage
Oh I'm sorry, it's only made to look like it's out of garbage ironically, as if somehow that makes it any less retarded.

>I think you just want more cyber and less punk.
Robocop managed to stick it to the man while being a cyborg police officer programmed to obey the man.

The business man is the oppressor that must be either bowed to or defied; he wears that suit to protect himself from those who would defy him.

The junkyard dog has a bad attitude and would love nothing more than to rip your head off for daring to enter his turf.

The hack is not only a criminal, but bucks social convention further by taking a robot as his mate.

Need I go on?
>>
>>50793330
Honestly, it only has some trashy looking elements. All depictions state it otherwise looks pretty suit like.

This is what I mean by vast hyperbole from people because it's overpowered.
>>
>>50793226
good to see you are capable of self-reflection
it's the first step to changing yourself
>>
>>50793362
did you mean to reply to me, friend
i'm quite sure you didn't from the way you framed that post
>>
So, what stats would a theoretical playable meat world AI look like?

I mean, they'd have no essence. Would they even have edge?

How much does "unable to do magic of any kind" count towards in character building? Will they be strong? Smart? Variable?
>>
>>50793377
punks are not immediately good
punks are rebels
>>
>>50793408
>he still doesn't get it
punks=good guys
hooding is canon
>>
>>50793353
It was made to look like trash, and no amount of apologism is going to change that.
>>
>>50793413
hooding may be punk but not all punks are hooding
>>
>>50793391
>So, what stats would a theoretical playable meat world AI look like?
go shove an AI into a drone of your choice, honestly they're pretty decent at the job.
>>
>>50793391
>theoretical playable meat world AI
What the hell are you talking about? Do you mean a headcase?
>>
>>50793432
>this brainless corp drone thinks he can correct me
>>
>>50793413
a) you're talking to two different people

b) hooding is a thing some punks do. So is ecoterrorism, and regular terrorism, and murdering folks because you want their skin for seat leather for your go-gang's motorcycles.
>>
>>50793449
>>50793433
I'm talking about the rumors of "oh, AIs might actually be a playable meat world race in the new edition".

As in, not some retarded workaround drone or headcase or finnicky e-ghost, but an actual character option.
>>
>>50793413
And so is kidnapping a wageslave because one corporate overlord wants another corporate overlord's wageslave.
>>
>>50793463
see
>>50793456
all of you suits look the exact same to me
>>
Can someone think of a good actual play episode in which the party goes through a cool combat encounter?

I just want to listen to/watch a group going through combat in Shadowrun for some reason.
>>
>>50793430
And no amount of hyperbole will make it anything but a suit with some trashy bits to make it acceptable in more environments and extreme armor.

you're not going to take social hits, or have people talking behind your back.
>>
>>50793495
>And no amount of hyperbole will make it anything but a suit with some trashy bits
In other words, made to look like trash.
>>
File: Sniper.jpg (83KB, 783x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper.jpg
83KB, 783x1019px
>>50793476
It's vapourware. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>50793518
Not really. Made to look like trash implies WAY more trash than the sleeping tiger has.
>>
>>50790842
Mac went corporate and cops a bunch of unfair flack for CGL shenanigans, so now only posts with a trip when it's relevant to the technomancer book. Fish does Fish things, and everyone else is generally not missed.
>>50793476
On the off chance that rumour isn't just a lie, they'll be handled the same way they're handled now. Christ, you people and your >muh bladerunner! Muh robuts!
>>
>>50793531
But I am super hyped about the prospect of actually OK AI characters that don't need to give the system a 360 degree yoga reacharound to make playable.
>>
>>50793556
>Made to look like trash implies WAY more trash than the sleeping tiger has.
>Latex/PVC sleeves
>chain link belts
>barbed wire cuffs
>>
>>50793566
Hey, when an archetype is missing from a thing that should have the archetype, you start getting people who really want that thing.
>>
File: pvc.jpg (89KB, 924x699px) Image search: [Google]
pvc.jpg
89KB, 924x699px
>>50793588
Yeah, those are all actually pretty small elements, and can be tastefully done.
Heck, PVC looks like you could do some sexy stuff with it. And chain is already in common use.
>>
>>50793476
Go to page 145 of Data Trails. It has the rules for playing an AI.
>>
>>50793646
>As in, not some retarded workaround drone or headcase or finnicky e-ghost
>that don't need to give the system a 360 degree yoga reacharound to make playable.

I think he knows
>>
>>50793639
>the sleeves are a "pretty small element" of a jacket
Is English your native language?
>Heck, PVC looks like you could do some sexy stuff with it.
Yeah, in fucking fetish lingerie.
>>
>>50793700
And in swimwear. And in jackets.
Suitjackets are not a stretch at all.
And yeah, the sleeves are literally pretty small. They are not very big compared to the entire suit.
>>
>>50793715
>And in swimwear. And in jackets.
And yet when I search for it, all I find is fetish lingerie. It's almost as if, when compared to any other material, it looks like complete shit outside of lingerie.
>And yeah, the sleeves are literally pretty small. They are not very big compared to the entire suit.
Do you know what a sleeve is?
>>
File: actually_looks_pretty_good.jpg (420KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
actually_looks_pretty_good.jpg
420KB, 500x750px
>>50793751
>>50793715
Actually this shit looks pretty good for business.
Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>50793812
Now show me all the fetish gear you had to wade through to find that pic.
>>
>>50793812
>Actually this shit looks pretty good for business.
u wot chummer?
>>
Hey /srg/, I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I'm playing 3e, and I need to try and figure out a way to, rather than prevent people from knowing we're there in the first place, prevent them from calling in any kind of backup when they do realize we're here. I'm already going to use jammers, but I don't know how to prevent things such as landline communication (obviously cutting the line, but how do I find it?) and other ways they could be trying to get backup and/or a police response.
>>
>>50793843
Yeah, seems professional enough for anything but high tier business.

And it really doesn't look like trash.
>>
>>50793895
It literally looks like a trashbag.
>>
>>50793830
Not that many actually, it's in the second row.
The first row had several as well, but I didn't like the pants.
>>
>>50793895
>And it really doesn't look like trash.
Yes it does
it looks ridiculous
>>
>>50793930
>>50793914
And now you're just being salty that PVC looks pretty stylish if used right.
>>
>>50793942
>And now I'm in denial.
Fixed that for you. At best, it looks like a thoroughly waterproofed raincoat that you'd market to fishermen from Newfoundland.
>>
>>50793890
>>I'm playing 3e
uhhhh
>>
>>50793979
What? I'm talking 3rd edition Shadowrun.
>>
>>50793976
and now we're moving you slightly towards the easy medium of not-hyperbolic-exaggeration-out-of-balance-rage.

All we have to do from here is make you realize it's a stylish thing for ladies.
>>
>>50793615
Why should Shadowrun have the archetype of robot AIs when the last twenty years has been 'AIs are Matrix entities that have no need for a physical body'? How do you propose to make mechanical bodies for AIs that are worth taking, that a rigger couldn't take and use as well or better?
>>50793812
>business
anon, that is a street walker.
>>50793890
More detail required. What kind of building? What kind of security?
>>
>>50793997
>3e
Grandpa, did you step out of a time machine or something?
>>
>>50794030
Not a streetwalker, anon.
Nice attempt though.
>>
File: black_bag.jpg (25KB, 397x397px) Image search: [Google]
black_bag.jpg
25KB, 397x397px
>>50794022
>and now we're moving you slightly towards the easy medium of not-hyperbolic-exaggeration-out-of-balance-rage.
No, it looks like literally a bag of trash. It's black just like a garbage bag, it's reflective just like a garbage bag and it's wrinkly without having a real texture of its own just like a garbage bag. If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck....
>>
>>50794030
I mean for general purpose. The thing that prompted this was a small corporate research building out in a rural area. Nothing too crazy, but they had a few guys on standby in Heavy Security Armor with some big nasty guns. We weren't able to prevent them from calling for backup when we first got spotted, and so those goons in the heavy armor mowed down half the party before we could get out.

My main question is more along the lines of: Other than radio or cell, how would building security communicate, and how do I prevent that?

Any other advice you could give would be appreciated as well, though. Just in terms of being able to do just one run that doesn't end in a fighting retreat after grabbing whatever we're there for.
>>
man I love how half of the people are trying to make the sleeping tiger look decent and the other half have immeasurable hate for it and will kill the other half.
>>
>>50794030
>why should shadowrun have robot AIs
because that's cyberpunk as fuck.
>how would you propose doing it
That is why I am asking what the hell it would look like mechanically.
>>
>>50794109
>half
It's one guy against the rest of the thread.
>>
>>50794091
I think you might be blind, anon. One of those things is a bag, and the other is a piece of clothing that you need to look bad for the sake of argument that you use to shut down players using it.
>>
>>50794082
For some reason that's what our GM wanted to run (he'd never run shadowrun before either). I hadn't played any of the shadowrun games before, so I went with it. That campaign is still ongoing.
>>
>>50794136
>>50794082
To clarify, that was like 6 months ago. Why he chose 3rd edition is beyond me.
>>
>>50794111
>because that's cyberpunk as fuck.
Every time you say that, I become more and more convinced that you don't even understand what Shadowrun is about.

>>50794129
Oh, so that jacket's not black, shiny in a plastic way and wrinkly without a real texture of it's own, faggot? Because I can see that as clear as day.
>>
>>50794148
Oh, that's easy, he played Returns and wanted in on that.
>>
>>50794165
>any smooth, shiny plastic material is a garbage bag
Blind and in denial of fashion.
>>
>>50794123
fair enough
still there were few other in the previous thread and for all that it is it does not deserve being talked about for two threads.
>>
>>50794166
Yeah, that's probably the case. He's played all those games, I think.

Any big reason to switch?
>>
>>50794195
Yeah, it's mostly just me pointing out how guys are crazy exaggerating how bad it looks for metagame reasons.
>>
>>50794197
Well, the system is fairly significantly different from 4e onwards. Lots of wireless, and the matrix is the least painful in 5e.
>>
>>50794184
You missed 2 important other distinguishing features there, clearly you're the visually impaired one. Also
>using "in denial of fashion" as an ad hominem
What are you, a faggot? A woman? Both?

>>50794213
No one gives a shit about the metagame. The book says it looks like garbage, therefore it looks like garbage.
>>
>>50794251
The book says it looks kind of bad by modern standards, but is acceptable in world.
You guys say it looks like garbage because you want some way to make players not use it, and are bending over backwards to find ways to penalize it.
>>
>>50794216
Good to know it makes matrix less painful. Almost nobody in the group actually wants to play a decker because of how much time it eats up and how weirdly complex it is. The only party decker we've had just died in the incident I mentioned at >>50794107

It seems like nobody's eager to take that role either.
>>
>>50794251
>woman as ad hominem
>>
>>50794270
I'm one of the guys that think it's ridiculous and I don't fucking care if it gives bonuses

for all I care it could raise your social limit by grahams number
but it still looks fucking ridiculous
which just means that the citizens of the 6th world have the fashion sense of a mentally crippled ghoul
>>
>>50794311
It's too 80s for me. That's just the final frontier of 80s-isms that breaks me. I can't deal with it. I need to tear down Shadowrun and reassemble it into something that actually resembles something good.
>>
>>50794311
I think it might be that you have a fashion sense over 100 years old.
>>
>>50794334
Next you'll be telling me that people aren't wearing leotards and leg warmers in your shadowrun
>>
>>50794270
No one gives a shit if a stranger somewhere else in the world wants to dress up in a garbage suit ion his game of imaginary cyberpunk elves. The book describes it being made from stuff you'd sooner expect in an industrial dumpster than in the wardrobe of high society. There isn't room for misinterpretation here.

>>50794304
What are you going to do about it, tumblrina? Cry?
>>
And somewhere out there is some new gm that have picked 5th ed and have not played any of the older ones and he reads the short text on sleeping tiger and he will shrug thinking its just expensive suit and his game will move one without anything changing
>>
>>50794354
I don't know about legwarmers, but since ballet and gymnastics are still presumably things there's got to be leotards around.
>>
>>50794360
There seems to be a lot of room for it, given how you're arguing it's way more garbage than it actually is by the book.
>>
>>50794216
>>50794278
Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in the timeline of things does wireless become a big deal? Our game is currently in 2063, so I dunno how long it would be until that level of sophistication could be justified.
>>
>>50794384
>There seems to be a lot of room for it, given how I'm arguing it's way less garbage than it actually is by the book.
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: Sleeping_Tiger.jpg (47KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping_Tiger.jpg
47KB, 350x304px
>>50794410
Says here it rides the line. Not that it's made entirely out of trash.
>>
>>50794354
Hell no.

>>50794382
He means the atrocious 80s choice of walking around wearing leotards and leg warmers at the same time.
>>
>>50794420
>made from trash, trash and trash
I've already explained why it's hip despite trash, but you didn't seem to get it the first time around, so let me repeat myself: The deal with the Sleeping Tiger is not about how good it looks, it's about how much you paid for it and how new and hip it is. It's showing that you have the money to waste on buying a new outfit every week in the pursuit of pointless, short-lived fads and that you care more about being fashionable than actually looking good. The Sleeping Tiger is like shitty modern art: it doesn't matter that it's literally trash. It's expensive and big names are making a fuss about it so it must be respectable!
>>
>>50794453
>not having the legwarmer leotard look all over the place
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>50794409
Hooray! Crash 2.0 happens in 2064.
>>
>>50794465
He has good taste.
>>
>>50794409
well 2064 is the crash 2.0 after which the matrix is rebuild and a wireless matrix is made
the sixth world almanac says that it was brought forth in february 12 2065
>>
>>50794459
It says it combines the styles, not that it's made entirely out of trash.
Your argument is based entirely on exaggeration and ignoring that the book says it's not that bad, and has many traditional suit elements.
>>
>>50794477
>good taste
>not using leg warmers, massive keyboards, and power gloves in shadowrun

these are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>50794480
>>50794467
Oh cool, not too far then. Not sure if the campaign's actually going to carry on that long though, feels like it's going towards its end. If it does though, I'll ask about trying out 4e or 5e instead. Might be a nice change of pace to have a matrix worth messing with.
>>
>>50794489
Smearing shit on a canvas doesn't make a masterpiece painting, and making a suit out of materials bound for the dumpster doesn't make a good suit.
>>
>>50794489
His argument is based on actually trying to factor in real-world aesthetics and not hideous 80s-isms.
>>
>>50794523
See, this whole time I've been arguing it's not made entirely out of garbage like you're saying. Not that it's some masterpiece.
>>
>>50794030
Whups, trip fell off.
>>50794111
>because that's cyberpunk as fuck.
You keep saying that like it's a valid argument. Why should Shadowrun AIs be shackled to a specific body? In what way is that better than the current setup?
>>50794107
Arguably speaking, at any place worth breaking into where these countermeasures would be relevant, there are going to be more hidden hardlines than you can get to. Generally you're going to be looking at radio and hardline fibre. It's been a while since I've done 3e, but your best bet is honestly to find a way to take out the building's spider silently in order to neutralise the cameras, then avoid being spotted by the guards. Still, no plan survives contact with the enemy unscathed.
>>
>>50794533
>trying to modernify shadowrun
Every time you guys do that it's awful.

80s fo' life fuck the new generations
>>
>>50794547
>See, this whole time I've been arguing it's not made entirely out of garbage
So what? Smearing shit on a canvas doesn't even a painting either, it just makes a canvas with shit on it. Garbage in, garbage out.
>>
>>50794557
>in what way is that better than the current setup?
Well, it will be taking good parts from other cyberpunk works, and might be able to be an actually viable thing to play.

I mean, I'm all for going new ways with shadowrun AI design if the most viable way to make a shadowrun AI is to use it like a cheerleader.
>>
>>50794587
>Well, it will be taking good parts from other cyberpunk works
Name 10.
>>
>>50794578
Well, you're both exaggerating to shit and garbage. Again.
PVC coats are a real life thing that are considered pretty OK. Chainlinks are a real life thing that are considered pretty OK. These aren't garbage, no matter how much you want them to be.

The only part of that which isn't pretty OK is barbed wire, which you don't seem to give a shit about.
>>
>>50794557
You know, I don't think we've ever managed to actually figure out where the building's spider is except by accident. Any ideas as to figuring out where it would be? Like can we figure that out based on the camera system itself (like a dataline tap or something similar), or is it mostly a guess?
>>
>>50794602
So you're trying to bait out the no true scotsman defense when you declare things with robots not cyberpunk, then?
>>
>>50794557
they shouldn't
AIs should have multiple bunraku dolls with the biorigger interface installed ready to be jumped in.
Basically Jimmy from Hardcore Henry.
Also Hardcore Henry was cyberpunk as fuck.
>>
>>50794613
>PVC coats are a real life thing that are considered pretty OK
I don't know where you are from but where I am from PVC coats are not seen as good fashion
they are cheap stuff
>>
>>50794613
>PVC coats are a real life thing that are considered pretty OK
Then why have you failed to show me one thus far?

>Chainlinks are a real life thing that are considered pretty OK.
You do realize "chainlinks" refers to wire mesh fencing, right?
>>
>>50794677
Which is still leagues more acceptable than you've been arguing.
>>50794686
The one I showed you was acceptable by modern standards, anon, no matter how much you hate it.
>>
>>50794702
>The one I showed you was acceptable by modern standards
She looked a streetwalker.
>>
>>50794714
I don't think you've gotten many whores recently, anon.
They're generally dressed more provocatively.
>>
>>50794626
Spiders are supposed to be hard to find, they're one of the most vulnerable weaknesses in a security system
>>50794671
How is that different to the current setup then? Wimps and biodrones exist, they're just not mechanically great because for the cost involved you can just buy a rotodrone instead.
>>50794647
What he's trying to get you to admit is that there is no story element unique to robotic AI that can't be handled with software AI, or that would not detract from the existing universe.
>>
>>50794731
I would love it if it could be handled as software AI, but apparently it can't as the mechanics are plumfuck retarded.
So I'm for a simpler, easier to use robot AI archetype because goddamn are the shadowrun writers awful at making any kind of floaty around entity, be they free spirits or AIs.
>>
>>50794731
>Spiders are supposed to be hard to find

So I'm looking for whatever the hardest-to-reach part of the building is, then? No way to narrow things down than "behind lots of big scary guards and big locked doors"?
>>
>>50794723
>I don't think you've gotten many whores recently, anon.
I haven't gone looking for them. The fact that she looked like a streetwalker without even showing off her cleavage should be speaking volumes to you.
>>
>>50794773
It speaks more about how you are some kind of detached cartoon character.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (72KB, 564x949px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
72KB, 564x949px
If it's good enough for the matrix, it's good enough for shadowrun.
>>
>>50794830
>implying they weren't consciously going for the BDSM feel
>>
>>50794789
Anon, please.
>>
>>50794853
So is just PVC or anything glossy that gets you hot and bothered?
>>
>>50794867
>>50794853
Get your mind out of the gutter, anons.
>>
>>50794872
>or anything glossy that gets you hot and bothered?
That is the BDSM look, yes. I prefer leather myself.

>>50794878
>trying to defend the purity of a model dressing up like a hooker in late autumn.
>>
>>50794903
You're kind of a fetishistic creep, anon.
>>
>>50794570
Take your drek back to the century it belongs in. Shadowrun -needs- to get with the times.
>>
>>50794928
She is dressed up like a hooker in late autumn, though.
>>
>>50794903
It must be hard walking around seeing everyone in fetish gear.
>>
>>50794942
That's reeeeally stretching it.
>>
>>50792545
What are their stats and street names?
>>
>>50794948
>seeing everyone in fetish gear.
where the fuck do you live where everyone is running around in PVC?
>>
>>50794942
Not really what she is wearing is pretty conservative.
>>
>>50794935
Fuck that, every attempt to make shadowrun "get with the times" made it more poorly written.
>>
>>50794965
It's actually pretty common in the pacific northwest due to high rain levels. Like, around seattle and shit.
Gotta beat the rain and stay fashionable yo. Umbrellas really suck.
>>
File: 9630921383_4fab36ca01_b.jpg (383KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
9630921383_4fab36ca01_b.jpg
383KB, 1024x677px
>>50794967
And so is what these Tijuana prostitutes are wearing.
>>
>>50794767
Generally, yes. In most cases you can expect them to be in the security offices. Honestly without a decker to do the in-situ research for you, your best bet is likely to find a way to make it look like you belong there or to find a way to get the thing you want away from where it's being protected.
>>50794867
>visible midriff
Why do you keep posting prostitutes on a blue board?
>>
>>50794969
Funny, 4e and 5e are both leagues beyond 3e and before.
>>
>>50794995
all but one of them have very short skirts, anon.
And they seem almost identical to normal asshole highschoolers and college kids.
>>
>>50795016
Oh no, not this argument again.
>>
>>50795019
That's the point, dummy. Real prostitutes are bit more subtle in their dress than the virtual ones you keep banging in Grand Theft Auto.
>>
>>50795019
>almost identical to normal asshole highschoolers and college kids.
I honestly don't know if this is funny or sad
>>
>>50795031
>argument
It's a statement of fact.
>>
>>50795031
Can we limit it to one pointless argument per thread, so Sleeping Tiger already has this thread.
>>
>>50795042
>>50795045
I think the resolution here is that "streetwalker" barely means anything as it could describe protitutes or high schoolers or sorority girls or middle aged women.
I've seen goddamn fat old ladies in those outfits.
>>
>>50795047
Just don't start this please.
>>
>>50795047
whatever you say embezzly mc clusterfuck.
>>
>>50795061
>I've seen goddamn fat old ladies in those outfits.
And you didn't lose all desire to ever see again and pluck out your own eyes?
>>
>>50795082
>a literal corrupt company with an embezzling CEO is -still- better for SR than FASA
God damn.
>>
>>50795089
no, there's muuuuch much worse out there.
I mean, at least they were able to walk on their own power and didn't need industrial lifting tools.
>>
>>50795061
And I think the resolution is that this other guy and I are better at spotting prostitutes than you are.
>>
>>50795120
man, your "spotting" would catch all the kids in my area.
>>
>>50795137
Not my fault they're all whores.
>>
>>50795153
Man you will get in SO MUCH TROUBLE if you try to act on that mistake.
>>
>>50795167
If.
>>
>>50795179
Yeah, if.
Thank goodness you are not trying to find prostitutes in my area.
>>
>>50795120
Unless you're actually confirming their status as prostitutes you're just imagining every girl you see on the street as a hooker.
Which is kinda weird.
>>
>>50795185
I don't see any prostitutes in my town. Sluts and basic bitches, definitely, but not prostitutes. Heck, I don't even see them when I go into the big city that often.
>>
>>50795153
Are you Frank Miller?
>>
>>50795153
I think you may be mistaken, anon.
>>
>>50795241
No, I'm pretty sure they're all whores, they're just not legal age whores.
>>
>>50795252
whores are much rarer than you seem to think.
>>
>>50795269
Not in America they aren't.
>>
>>50795252
Or you could just like imagining women as whores.
>>
>>50795279
No, they're pretty damn rare too.
Like maybe one out of every few hundred scantily clad women will be a whore.
>>
>>50795279
How many whores have you been to that you are this confident in your judgements?
>>
>/srg/ - Prostitutes and Fashion General
>>
>>50795287
>>50795269
>>50795241
>>50795233
>>50795167
>>50795302
You know, I am really disappointed that no one can recognize an off the cuff joke anymore.

>>50795308
That said, let me put it this way: I've watched a lot of videos starring Thai prostitutes and more often than not they'll still have their clothes on when the video starts.
>>
>>50795342
It is my job to respond to jokes seriously.
>>
>>50795332
So, in conclusion, wearing a PVC jacket makes you look like either a bag of trash or a hooker in late autumn.

>>50795355
Are you the fucking police?
>>
>>50795342
>Trust me I've watched a lot of porn.
>>
>>50795415
I think that you may be an unreliable narrator, mr. prostitutes everywhere.
>>
>>50795451
Hey, the prostitutes were real, they're not cost-effective to fake.
>>
>>50795482
actually I think porn actresses may be far cheaper than all but the seediest of prostitutes due to legal effects on the economy.
At least if you want large batch porn.
>>
>>50795528
Maybe that's true in America, but Thai prostitutes are way cheaper than American ones.
>>
>>50795552
ooooh they're thaaai porn films
>>
>>50795584
Yeah, living in a cheap hotel, eating at restaurants, drinking beer and banging whores for 1 day in Thailand costs you less than 1 hour with an American prostitute. Gotta watch out for the trannies, though. (yes, I have researched this)
>>
>>50795662
>wanting AIDS that badly
>>
>>50795662
>Watch out for the trannies
Why?
>>
>>50795674
I said Thailand, not Africa.

>>50795690
Because my research says you need to, because they're real easy to mistake for women if you're not careful.
>>
>>50795722
Alright, but why does that matter?
>>
>>50795751
Because trannies don't take rejection well, even if it was a case of mistaken identity. In fact, the women don't take it well if it was a case of mistaken identity either.
>>
>>50795788
But why would it come up?
>>
>>50795828
Because most straight guys haven't pretended to be into trannies on the internet for shock value so many times that they've actually started to believe their own bullshit.
>>
>>50795857
But why does it matter? Transgender women are a thing that's pretty much only liked by straight men. Gays don't touch that.
>>
Hey guys, I have a suggestion for the next /srg/ edition:

SHADOWRUN

NOT GARBAGE
NOT PROSTITUTES
SHADOWRUN

is that too much to ask of you?
>>
>>50795857
Wrong. Because 3D is fucking disgusting, that's why. Statements concerning 2D and 3D are separated by a literal dimension.
>>
>>50795917
>t. pedophile hiding behind the flimsy excuse of "it's just pictures of lolis, I don't want to rape real children!"
>>
>>50795910
To be fair, we've run most other topics into the ground.
>>
>>50795908
>Transgender women are a thing that's pretty much only liked by straight men.
And so is having a woman drive a dildo up your ass.
>>
File: 1481213380897.jpg (79KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
1481213380897.jpg
79KB, 1095x730px
>>50795910
To be fair: There's a lot of garbage and prostitutes in shadowrun...
>>
>>50791332
somecuck doesn't know the DEEPEST LORE about how the species all began
>>
>>50795945
Okay I've one for you Centaur Liminal bodies, how the fuck does that work?
As far as I can tell they're basically 4 cyberlegs on a frame, And you've got to upgrade each one if you want to improve it, but then doe the availability increase for customised attributes stack for each leg? because that gets pretty silly fast. Can you make them digigrade, or would they be considered so already because they mimic a quadruped? And would doing so make their essence untenable? Also shouldn't they count as four limbs for the purposes of Redliner/Cyber Singularity Seeker?
>>
>>50795937
Stop memeing, faggot. I don't remember people being this annoying about mongolian wood carvings before.
>>
>>50796356
>memeing
At this point, you've basically confessed your pedophilia.
>>
>>50794872
>>50794878

Uh, there's a lot of BDSM subtext in the Matrix. One of the Wachowskis married a dominatrix (before her transition, for the record).

There were going to be some LGBT themes too, including a character named Switch who's meatspace and Matrix bodies were different sexes, but they were cut for time. If any exist in the Matrix I didn't pick up on them at the time.

I mean, death of the author and everything, but it's not an unfounded interpretation
>>
File: 1480929132208.jpg (8KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
1480929132208.jpg
8KB, 200x243px
Why did these Log 1 autists spend half of two threads arguing about Sleeping Tiger?
>>
>>50796403
Because someone decided that they just had to defend literal trash.
>>
>>50796382
The sad thing is, I don't even know if you're pulling my leg or not at this point.
>>
>>50796403
Because of overexaggeration and misuse of hte word literally, I guess.
>>
Is it possible for someone who is actually a pirate to be a pirate poser?
Or would he just be authentic?
>>
>>50793976
(glad you finally admitted you're in denial here)
>it looks like a thoroughly waterproofed raincoat
That's a good one to keep in mind - people of the sixth world really do want waterproofed and acid rain resistant clothing.
>>
File: garbage prostitute.jpg (321KB, 838x1024px) Image search: [Google]
garbage prostitute.jpg
321KB, 838x1024px
>>50795910
I vote that next thread should be "Garbage and Prostitutes Edition".
>>
>>50795910
Your talking about a game that has two spells called Orgasm and Orgy. Has penis and boob augmentations that are canon. Has evil spirits literally made from garbage. And where prostitutes are a completely valid source of information and a means into corrupt corporate offices.
Sounds like your just mad people aren't playing YOUR shadowrun.
>>
>>50796208
Fuck only knows. Way I figure it, it should just be treated as two limbs that have a buttload of capacity.
>>
Another newbie question. If I have 2/7 Edge, that mean I have 2 edge point to spend right? When I push the limit, do I add 7 dices to my test?

After my first run, would my Edge become 7/7, assuming that I have 5 days of rest?
>>
If my character has a day job, can he use supplies from his job on runs?
>>
>>50796676
You have 2 points, 7 is the maximum. You have to buy more points to be eligible to spend them
>>
>>50796676
You would add 2 dice to a test you decide to spend Edge on, up to two times. The 7 is the total maximum of Edge you can have. During chargen you can increase it with Special points (Which is why Metatype E isn't useless for Mundanes), or by increasing it in the same way you would a normal attribute. The one exception to this is that increasing your Edge is immediate, so you can burn your last point of Edge then immediately pay 5 Karma to get back up to 1.
>>50796746
Ask your GM. In most cases I would suggest you can't borrow random vehicles or weapons or whatever if you haven't paid for them with chargen resources.
>>
>>50796789
I was thinking more along the lines of getting free donuts and coffee as distractions, which shouldn't be too bad. Will ask the GM.
>>
>>50796676
Edge is like any other stat like body, strength, and charisma.
You have 2 points in edge right now and 7 is the maximum you can get.
If you want more than 2 edge you will need to spend BP or Karma to get it.
>>
>>50796789
So if I use push the limit the first time. I add 2 dice. Then my edge become 1/7.

The second time I push the limit, I add 1 dice and my edge become 0/7?
>>
>>50796614
Well yes, but it also has geleaming corporate spires and verdant wilderness. There's more to the setting than garbage and prostitutes, and maybe thew thread could rise above it to.
>>
>>50796403
I don't even know, all I did was ask what it looked like, call it trash and think that was that.
>>
>>50796859
No. Your Edge is most accurately represented as 2/7(2/2). When you spend a point of Edge on the test, it would change to 2/7 (1/2) and you'll add 2 dice to the test, or negate a glitch, or whatever it is you're spending it for. Do it again and you'll still add 2 dice, but then you'll go down to 2/7 (0/2) until you've rested enough for it to be restored, or done something the GM rewarded you with Edge for.
>>
>>50796850
>>50796676
The best way to think of edge is they are like Bennies or Fate Points from other games.
Unlike the other core stats Edge is something you actively can choose to spend on things like rerolls.
right now with 2 of 7 edge that means you can use edge 2 times on whatever you want to spend edge on
Once those two times are up its gone until you have rested 5 days and it refreshes.
>>
>>50796906
save-as-pdf in chummer when
>>
>>50796906
Thanks.

So after my first run, if I have some Karma save up, I could increase my edge to 3/7,4/7 and so on?
>>
>>50796989
Probably never. It's not something I see a value proposition in, as there are a multitude of other tools that do the job as well or better than I could, and can't think of any PDF feature addition that would be relevant to Chummer if I did it. Use doPDF or CutePDF or something.
>>50796990
Yup! Costs are the same as increasing any other attribute, so New Rating * 5. Personally I find that an Edge of 5 is enough to get me through most encounters, but you may find this helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xARlZGjEQ_g
>>
>reddit doesn't think Amnesia is a negative quality
>>
So.... What critter powers would you give an awakened axolotl?
>>
Are AIs allowed to use Neijia in drone bodies to wallop Spirits?
Is there any reason why they wouldn't be able to?
>>
>>50796929
>>50797053
Thanks again. Also I just realize that since I'm a human with metatype C priority, I could spend all 5 special attribute point on Edge, raising it into 7/7.

How do I calculate the average hit while I'm using Push the limit, with rule of six being in effect?

For context, I'm going to use push the limit on my magic finger to 21 pools (because a flying machine pistol is pretty cool).
>>
>>50795910
Yes.
>>
>>50797127
Reddit thinks AI are good. Why would you care about their opinions?
>>
>>50797389
More specifically, the rules for AI. They genuinely think that AI hackers are a good idea.
>>
>>50797373
What are your priorities?
>>
>>50797404
A - Magic
B - Attributes
C - Metatype
D - Skills
E - Resources
>>
>>50797373
http://anydice.com/program/5a98
Keep in mind that your physical limit will still be the spell's Force even if you push past it in the first casting, so you'll want to be casting it at a decent Force.
>>50797402
What threads are you reading that that's a commonly-agreed opinion?
>>
Using alchemy doesn't count as sustaining spell myself right?

What if I fling a touch activate levitate alchemy item at my enemy?
>>
>>50797053
>that video
While the info was good the guy was annoying as shit and I hated a ton of the effects (like the "math talk", jesus fucking christ).

>>50797127
Amnesia has almost no effect on characters unless the GM makes sure to include it somehow.

>>50797373
Bruh, if you're a human just make metatype priority E.

We also need a new thread.
>>
>>50796511
Does he hijack and rob vessels? He's a pirate. Does he walk around all the time with a ¥3000 genebred parrot that says "Polly wants a soycracker"? He's a poser. Does he do both? Then he's a pirate and a douchebag.
>>
>>50797673
>Bruh, if you're a human just make metatype priority E.
You're underestimating how useful being about to boost any roll by 7 is, or reroll any roll 7 times is
>>
Posting in dead thread but I am building a Black Magic Elf with the Mentor Spirit of the Raven to act as a party face.
First real Shadowrun campaign so I have zero idea how to actually summon spirits, which I will be running as a tertiary role to magical support and a party face.
Spoonfeed me please.
>>
>>50797839
He does both.
>>
>>50797995
>Posting in dead thread but I am building a Black Magic Elf with the Mentor Spirit of the Raven to act as a party face.
>first campaign
I don't suggest playing a PC with the asshole mentor spirit or the 'fuck everyone else' tradition when you're still getting to grips on how things work.
>>
>>50797995
Go to pastebin, get Hayek sheets. If you can't see them immediately, take the dicks out of your eyes and actually look for more than 20 seconds by opening folders and checking.
>>
>>50797326
Well, the immediate barrier I can think of is that you're supposed to take Stun damage from it, and drones don't take Stun damage.
>>50797633
RAW is vague, but the common interpretation is that the preparations sustain themselves for the duration.
>>
>>50798452
But everything else checks out. As far as I can tell, that means you simply take no stun damage and can attack them with relative impunity.
>>
File: tumblr_ntfpu2y3iS1t0flyvo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntfpu2y3iS1t0flyvo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1680px
So I have a problem chummers. One of my players went about seducing the target they where robing. Thing is he gave her his number and then unknowingly left behind information that connects him to the robbery.

I want her to call him for another date, but it actuality its a trap. How can I give him hints its a trap, or at least give him an opportunity to escape?
>>
>>50799249
Describe the voice as slightly masculine. Mention the tightness of "her" pants.
>>
New Thread

>>50799280
>>50799280
>>50799280
>>
>>50799278
Wrong kinda trap.

>>50799249
Have the caller specify that they want the player to come alone. That's a pretty good tip off if your players are even a little genre savvy.
>>
File: 1303879022435.jpg (72KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1303879022435.jpg
72KB, 210x230px
>>50799278
>>
How exactly does the 4 arm mechanic work in 4e? can i wield 2 shields and 2 guns?
>>
>>50799249
>I want her to call him for another date, but it actuality its a trap. How can I give him hints its a trap, or at least give him an opportunity to escape?
If he can't figure out for himself that hooking up with someone he just robbed after giving her his number is a stupid idea...I don't know.
Knowing who she is, should be warning enough to be cautious, shouldn't it.
>>
>>50797633
It doesn't sustained spells used through alchemical preparations have a fixed duration derived from the preparation's potency,
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.