[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly Board Games General /bgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 20

File: Game of Thrones.jpg (4MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Game of Thrones.jpg
4MB, 3888x2592px
/bgg/ - Friendly Board Games General

Previous thread:
>>>50729972

Resources (reviewers, /tg/ groups, good online vendors, game accessories)
http://pastebin.com/NA2W929q
>>
>>50781271
Lots of people hate the "Alpha gamer" thing. The fact that lots of games will have an optimal way to play and thus the most informed player will just tell everyone what to do. If you think you're all on even footing or able to not be dicks, a game like Pandemic (maybe even Legacy), Mechs vs Minions, and Flashpoint Fire Rescue can be really fun. If not, then I recommend more atmosphere story-ish coops like Time Stories, Eldritch Horror, Mansions of Madness, ect. That way the player will get to decide what they want to do rather than what they need to do. My last good examples is Mysterium which mixes that coop basis with a pretty open social deduction game. You'll all discuss with eachother, but it's open to interpretation and thus people will pretty easily let you have your final say.

That's most of the coops I have. I doubt it, but I'm hoping Millennium Blades new coop mode in the expansion turns out good. I need more excuses to pull that out.
>>
>>50781986
Thanks anon. Have you ever heard of xenoshyft? It's a coop boardgame that looks interesting.
>>
>>50781947
>friendly
Kek you really did it
>>
I've been thinking about starting to review board games through a blog to help try and expand the hobby to normmies. What are some things I should do and avoid to not be shit at it?
>>
>>50782414
Oh, phew! Thought for a second there the /fvgt/ had done something to offend you guys, then I looked at the previous thread. Kek.
>>
>>50782438
Don't get so focused on a single thing you don't like that you forget about the rest of the board game.
>>
>>50781986
While the alpha gamer is a huge issue with co-ops I still really like them for people new to the hobby. It gives them a chance to get used to planning ahead a few moves and if things get overwhelming there are other players to step in when needed. In my friend group I'm the most experienced one (not saying much though) and so I normally sit back and let the others talk and figure out what they should do. I'll chime in only if they ask for my opinion or if what they come up with is a really bad idea
>>
>>50782438
Not to dampen your spirits, but if normies can't be bothered to even try a board game that isn't Monopoly or Risk, why would they bother reading a blog about board games they'll never play? And if they do care enough, why wouldn't they go for sites with higher production values or look up a video on Youtube?

If you really want to try and write reviews, perhaps post them over at BoardGameGeek instead. If you want to monetize ads, link it in the review thread. Speaking of which I wonder if there's an aggregate site for board game stuff yet...
>>
Opinions on Concordia?
>>
>>50778583
what is the main difference between the 2 ?

is it big ?
>>
>>50782438
Just make clickbait thumbnails but have thoughtful in-depth analysis in the video
>>
>>50783925
I think that 2 had a better looking map, and the 3rd had everything else - more streamlined rules, balance changes etc. Not sure as I only have the 3rd edition.
>>
>>50783848
I hope it's good because it's my christmas gift
>>
>>50782017
I've heard nothing but good things about it. Had been on my radar but buried under other games I've been getting as of late.
>>
>>50785000
>I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Now you haven't: it's made by CMON, who are infamous for unethical business practices.
>>
>>50784045
What would make for a good in depth analysis: talking about the gameplay, the quality of the pieces, what's good/bad about it, the complexity, etc?
>>
>>50785582
If you have to ask, maybe you're not cut out for this.

My $.02? Have an original point of view. Like the games you like, and hate the games you hate. And then tell us why. Don't be a sperg. Have some personality. Be original.

If you promise to do all that, I'd at least check out your stuff.
>>
>>50785721
>If you have to ask, maybe you're not cut out for this.

No, good educators always seek ways to improve their educating skills which definitely includes feedback from the folks on the receiving end.

> Like the games you like, and hate the games you hate. And then tell us why

I'd fully agree that reviewing games you really like or dislike puts passion into the review, which definitely makes it more interesting to watch. But the 'Tell us why' part is the most important and often the most difficult. It involves having a very good understanding of: game mechanics, theme, depth of play, and replay-ability. It's OK to like something, but if you can't articulate what the game does, how it does it, and whether or not it works well as a whole, it limits the utility of a review. This is why there are so many 'mediocre' reviewers out there. Some have the ability to describe the mechanics and game play, but lack the passion and charisma to present it in an engaging manner. Others have a ton of enthusiasm but lack the skills to present their review in an articulate manner. (This is particularly problematic in game 'play-through' demo videos where the presenters aren't already confident with the rules.)
>>
>>50785168
What's so unethical about their business practices? I have blood rage from them arriving today.
>>
>>50785582
Make sure you show how the game is actually played instead of just talking about it.
>>
>>50784573
what do you mean everything else? everything else looked better?
>>
>>50787450
The sentence continues after the dash anon.
>>
>>50787071
Some folks get butt-hurt over CMoN's practice of 'exclusive' content in their board gaming KS offerings. I can see the argument that it's a dis-service, but I wouldn't lose my spaghetti over it either.
>>
Team game list:

> What doesn't count
Games with politics, backstabbing, unknown teams or hidden traitor mechanics, 1vMany.

Games:
> Cyclades
2v2, 3v3 or 2v2v2. Symmetric roles.
> StarCraft
Team play variant. Symmetric roles (differen races)
> Captain Sonar
team vs team, different roles
> Space Cadets: Dice Duel
team vs team, different roles
> Code Names
team vs team, party game
> Sails of Glory
technically works with literally any count
> Quartermaster General
Team vs team, n vs m | 1 >= n >= m >= 3
> Last Night on Earth
Usually a 1vMany game but can be played as team vs team with 6 or 4 players (2v4 or 2v2)
> Duel of Ages II
Duel of Ages II should fit the bill pretty well and can work with uneven player numbers if people are willing to manage more characters, has enough strategy and management involved to be considered complicated (highly variable character powers and stats, characters relying on using ranged weapons which need to be picked up and most likely traded) and also scales up to 8 players, 16 with the expansion. I believe it's currently OOP (pretty sure the Master Set is and boy is that an expansion and a half) but I imagine there will be another print run sometime this decade as the designer is working on another expansion

Too lazy to check the counts/verify
> Arena of the Planeswalkers
> Heroscape
>>
File: IMG_3704.jpg (357KB, 880x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3704.jpg
357KB, 880x1200px
FLASHPOINT is a fun, friendly co-op game.
>>
>>50787672
Ah, okay. I'll continue to happily enjoy their games then.

>>50787727
Is heroscape still in print?
>>
/bbg/, I've got a question.

Have you ever looked back on a soured, poorly ended relationship, romantic or simply friendship, and think "The beginning of the end of this was that one time we played [Insert name of board game]."

What was the name of that game for you? Mine was Warrior Nights. I don't think it's coincidence that, of the four people I engaged in that exercise in alienation, I am still friends with exactly none of them.
>>
>>50787847
Probably not
>>50787873
Not really. I had the opposite - before we ended our relationship the time we spent playing board games with my ex was the most pleasant time we spent together.

How the fuck do people play 2p games without a significant other
>>
>>50787933
>How the fuck do people play 2p games without a significant other
Maybe they only have one friend?
>>
File: bop.jpg (686KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bop.jpg
686KB, 1600x1200px
>>50781947
What do people think of pic related? I bought it while it was on sale and, while I like it, the friends I played it with think it's dull. Any house rules to spice it up a little? Anyone have any experience with it? Did I make a bad purchase?
>>
Has anyone played the others?
>>
when designing a game. how much can you steal? when is it copyright infringement?

i was thinking about a 1v1v1v1 / 2v2 game with the same mechanics as catacombs.
>>
>>50788247
> Legally
Everything but the artwork and other intellectual property.
> Morally
Change things up a bit or you'll be accused of being a Sirlin.
>>
>>50788278
i mean the base game would still be "flick these pieces" but i was thinking about having everyone have like 20 pieces. ranging from tiny as fuck soldiers and huge as fuck monsters.
maybe even add a wooden tool that you need to use to flick the pieces. so each piece moves about the same distance. and maybe have some units use different wooden tools that have more impact. and thus can go farther.
>>
>>50788301
Should be fine - I mean you're only taking the basic flicking mechanic not stealing the whole game.
>>
>>50787873
If a relationship ended over a board game, that relationship was fatally flawed in the first place.

>>50787933

I have a significant other who cannot into board gaming. I've gotten her to play Dixit once or twice and have fun, but only when we have company. Sigh... Life is suffering.
>>
>>50788190
The Others 7 Sins I mean.
>>
File: Typical game of Diplomacy.gif (6MB, 325x182px) Image search: [Google]
Typical game of Diplomacy.gif
6MB, 325x182px
>>50787873
>"The beginning of the end of this was that one time we played [Insert name of board game]."
>What was the name of that game for you?

Meme related?
>>
>Daedalus Sentence and Galactic Rebellion gettng pretty universal meh to bad reviews
>Coolstuff offering $25 gift cards to anyone who buys a copy

This shit is hilarious.
>>
was the 4th expansion of catan ever brought out in wood?
>>
File: pic1461051_md.jpg (96KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
pic1461051_md.jpg
96KB, 500x333px
Got to play Seasons last night. Really fun game I never see anyone talking about, ended up a lot more cut throat than I remember with the cards we ended up drafting.

>>50787933
I have a Brother who is into a lot of the same stuff. We find time to hang out and play games/watch movies about twice a month and he's part of one of my 2 game groups.
>>
>>50787672
Not even that, they've done collabs with other companies and ducked them, gimme a minute try to find articles
>>
>>50787933
I'm friends with an LCS owner who's always down to play
>>
>>50789198
I'd be interested in seeing some related materials. I know they parted ways with Soda-Pop Minis, but I thought that was over KS exclusives.
>>
>>50788946
How much do the games actually cost?
>>
>>50788946
>Daedalus Sentence
A $120 ($150 game) with 2.5 stars on CSI...
>Galactic Rebellion
Another $120 ($150 game) with a $35 ($45) expansion. At lease that one has 4 stars on CSI.

To rich for my blood without some research. The first one seems like an over priced version of escape games that have been done better for less. The 2nd seems like a TI3 wannabe.
>>
Has anyone played the 2016 doom board game? Is it worth getting?
>>
>>50789960
Yes
Not unless you loved Doom 2016 or you NEED all the 1vAll games you can get
>>
>>50789495
$150 MSRP
$120 on CSI

Both are about 5.5 geek rating on BGG. I haven't played either, but after watching play throughs of both.

Daedalus Sentence is relatively mediocre throughout, tiles and their special abilities are only differentiated by their artwork, no symbols or text on them which can get a little confusing between a few that look similar as well as the fact that you have to memorize what they do or just have the rulebook always open. Can get massively chaotic due to multiple spinning rings and location changing things. Overall turns into a bit of a mess.

Galactic Rebellion is an average to slightly above average worker placement/area control game. Everything leading up to the end is good enough to be positive about, but the ending is just absolutely convoluted, enormously long, practically nonsensical, and makes large portions of the game leading up to it practically meaningless.

From what I've seen of plays on them I'd give them a both a 5. Utterly average. Daedelus has a pretty look and premise but doesn't do anything that Room 25 doesn't do better. And Galactic Rebellion's okay gameplay is destroyed by its madman's ending.
>>
>>50790002
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>50790188
No
>>
>>50790377
Well it has great reviews so it's safe to assume you are just full of it. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/205317/doom-board-game
>>
>>50790441
It's got great reviews because most board gamers don't know the meaning of restraint
If you have Descent or any of the Doom clones, Doom is redundant
>>
>>50790614
>it doesn't have good reviews because it's good
>no I can't back that up
>>
Is zombicide the base game zombicide season 1? All im seeing are season 2 and 3.
>>
>>50790913
It is good
It's just not outstanding
BGG steers towards the inoffensively good, why do you think Pandemic Legacy is #1
>>
>>50791011

I hate pandemic, especially pandemic legacy.
>>
>>50781947
Which one is that simultaneous action selection viking game where you pillage, and your dudes go to the hospital instead of being killed?
>>
>>50791960
Vikings On Board?
>>
>>50792113
No, you have to go out and collect wood, clay, and honey I think.
>>
>>50791886
What's it like?

>>50791960
>>50792450

Can you give anymore of a description? I'll give it a quick search and see if I can find anything.
>>
>>50793294
nvm it's this bad boy
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6281/eketorp
>>
>>50791886
Careful with the edges, Reaper.
>>
>>50790614
What if you don't have decent or Doom clone games, is it worth getting?
>>
File: reapfield on boardgames.jpg (35KB, 581x540px) Image search: [Google]
reapfield on boardgames.jpg
35KB, 581x540px
>>50794589
>>
>>50794653
10/10
would play it again
>>
>>50794592
Conan is a better 1vAll imo but the board isn't modular as Dooms is
>>
>>50788363
Oh you're absolutely correct, but that was the first crack in the visage where you're forced to look at a person you've known since elementary school and think "This person actually, legitimately thinks they're better than I am and that I should just do whatever they tell me. What the fuck?"
>>
>>50795710
>
How is fury of dracula? I just picked it up at %20 off at my flgs.
>>
>>50783848
Concordia's good. Simple rules, lot of depth. my only complaint is that it's pretty hard to see how well everyone else is doing. There's a variant in the rules for a mid-game scoring, but I'm not quite sure how that works.
>>
>>50795927
Not comparable
Doom and Conan have no or almost no hidden information and FoD is all about hidden info
I think FoS is too algorithmic once you know what's up but a lot of people either disagree or don't think that's much of a problem
>>
>>50796079
What do you mean algorithmic? Would you recommend it?
>>
>>50796150
Once you figure out what to do the mod game meta game revolves around whether Drac took the optimal action or the slightly less so one
Ask STEEV though I only played it twice desu
>>
>>50790983
They're compatible stand alone sets, you can mix and match whatever you like, including expansions and characters, or you can play with whichever base set you own.
In addition to the miniatures and the scenarios, each season introduces new zombie types and optional rules.
>>
File: collection.png (874KB, 1171x882px) Image search: [Google]
collection.png
874KB, 1171x882px
So I'm thinking I should grab some games in post-christmas sales. Here's the games in my collection that I like best, got any recs?

Generally I like Euros and empire-building, though I'm trying to branch out a bit for variety's sake. I hate co-ops where you need to do everything by committee to win, though I haven't played any of the more storygame-ish ones.

Seasons looks interesting, I don't have any card drafting games. A friend has Blood Rage but it isn't super in our circle as Loki feels OP and the game generally swings way too hard in one player's favour. I prefer every game to be close, or at least seem that way until the very endgame.

I've had my eye on Twilight Struggle for awhile but I don't play BattleCON as much as I'd like, as people usually want to do >2 player games. Since TW takes way longer I guess it'd get played even less.

Race/Roll for the Galaxy is another candidate, dunno if it's too similar to the other economy-builders I have though. The fact it's a bit faster is good, I feel like I wouldn't enjoy anything with longer playtimes than Eclipse or Mare Nostrum.

What's stuff with lots of depth but a short playtime? ~60minutes.
>>
>>50781947
So, /tg/, I've got a related question for you. It's almost Christmas and I want to get my flatmate a present. I know he's into board games, we often all play together (there are 5 of us in the flat). Since he's going to play with us anyway and 2 of the guys living in are complete normies, it should be a game with very easy rules and for between 3 to 6 players. Preferably themed around killing each other, due to the normies, but still with sizable part of bulding involved.
I know jack shit about current board games, last time I was "in the topic" was almost a decade ago, so... yeah. Halp!
>>
>>50796637
Smallworld is an aggressive dudes-on-a-map area control with simple rules but enough strategy to make it fun.
>>
>>50796637
Lords of Waterdeep is really fun and isn't as difficult as it looks. I taught and played with a friend of mine who is a huge sports fan but by the end of the game he got into the game and was anxiously pacing around while he waited for his turn
>>
>>50796588
I can't find a season 1 for sale though. What I'm asking is if the base game is considered season 1 or if it's a different box set from the base game?
>>
>>50796615
>post-christmas sales
Fuck I should have waited until after christmas to buy myself board games is what you're saying then?
>>
>>50796637
Polish bootleg version of Talisman, called Sorcery & Sword.
Best.
Game.
Ever.

No, really, it's that fucking good. I've managed to get fucking dudebros hooked to it, that's how fucking simple and yet entertaining the game is.
>>
>>50796887
season 1 doesn't say season 1 on the box if that makes any sense, it's just zombicde
>>
>>50797183
See here: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165141
>>
File: IMG_0290.png (2MB, 1223x1966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.png
2MB, 1223x1966px
Has anyone played this game? I saw it while I was out today and it looked pretty nice. Any thoughts?
>>
>>50781947
Love that game.
>>
>>50797363
It's a nice chesslike, easy to grasp, fast, fun, and with satisfying depth of play without being overwhelming or arcane. Definitely worth a look if you're into abstracts.
>>
Forbidden Stars is on sale for $50, is it worth it?
>>
>>50797363
It's an interesting faster twist on chess. Gets to the meat of the action quickly and the random loadout each game makes it really replayable. I wouldn't call it the deepest game, but like an abstract strategy should, it rewards planning ahead well.
>>
>>50798394
Definitely. I got it on sale for $65 a while ago and it was worth every penny. One of the few war games that works really well with three players.
>>
>>50798407
Would you say it's worth getting?
>>
>>50796615
Feast for Odin. Roll for the Galaxy is great though. XCOM if you have four consistently, no commitees there.
>>
>>50796615
Through the Ages 2e is both one of the best euros and also one of the best empire building games. It's the opposite of 60 minutes though. All the minutes.
>>
>>50796615
Carcassone is one of my favorites
>>
Scythe is 59.99 at coolstuffinq.com right now. Last time it got into stock sold out in around a day.
>>
>>50798394
you americans and your cheap prices.
>>
>>50791886
I love pandemic
>>
>>50798552
It is $30 which is a kinda high price for a game that mostly acts as a game I play waiting for all my guests to arrive or while winding down. That being said, I do think it has been worth it for me. I have 16 plays logged with it and has only failed to impress 1 of the 7 I have played it with. So yes, I would highly recommend it I suppose. It's a great "anytime, anyone" game and the price does go towards some nice looking components. A playmat quality board and rather thick weighty pieces.
>>
>>50790983
Yeah, or just Zombicide. 2 and 3 are both better though.
>>
>>50798394
Yes, it'll be OOP forever soon so if you don't like it you can sit on it and make a profit down the line.
>>
File: IMG_0487.jpg (5MB, 2352x2352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0487.jpg
5MB, 2352x2352px
>>50788023
>>50796637

Since Essen 2015 Ive been partial to Barony meself. Few easy rules right there on what passes for character sheets (gameplaywise all the same) and minimal downtime between turns so noone gets bored. Have used it to get Newbie McGreens to play when Exodus and Mage Knight were far too intimidating or off the time available.
Essentially Area Control Strategy, where your cities act as spawnpoints for your enforcers who move out and claim hexes for your glorious realm gaining you reputation so you can cash it in to come one step closer to becoming king or something. The board is modular so that adds to replayability, even if it can be a bit skewed at timed which is okay since the placing of the initial cities counteracts that pretty well. The base game plays 4 while the expansion adds one more player and a minor rulebreaking spell mechanic. Have played it with 3-5 players till now with very good results, 2 player might be a bit more chesslike but havent had the chance.

>>50796615
Might be of interest to you as well.
>>
>>50795720
>known since elementary school
Ouch.
>>
>>50799319
I adore that KS has become a board-game preorder system, simply so I don't have to deal with this shit when I know I'll love the game.
>>
>>50801979
Looks very Euroy.
>>
File: pic1844539.jpg (634KB, 1836x2404px) Image search: [Google]
pic1844539.jpg
634KB, 1836x2404px
Have you guys ever encountered games that feel like they were made by a total madman?

I just picked up Pax Britannica used (or, well, unused second-hand), and man it's fucky.

You don't "take turns" most of the time; you just move your armies and navies around, specificy which places are your interest, and generally negotiatie at the same time. When war breaks out, you fight the war until you either agree to a peace, or one power has not a single unit outside of his home territory.

There's a fucking Chinese Resentment Index
>>
>>50802261
which is a very good thing. since now you can just make boardgames without huge companys behind you.
>>
>>50802268

It does look like it has lots of fiddly bits on the board, but its very straightforward and that kind of board would be midend game. Definitely not euroy, since no worker placement, no resource hogging, no action combos. Just summon, expand, conquer if possible, build town, trade reputation, repeat. You can do one of these each turn, so others can react to what youre doing all the time.
>>
>>50799319
Heh! Out of stock again. I'd like to get it, but I resisted the urge to spend on it right now when I have so many games I still haven't played yet.
>>
>>50797183
>>50797199
Thanks anon.
>>
>>50798394
Where is it on sale?
>>
>>50802371
Sounds pretty interesting. How do you like it so far?

>>50802405
It's spelled yuge now anon.
>>
>>50803635
Amazon
>>
>>50803739
Thanks anon.
>>
>>50796173
>Drac took the optimal action or the slightly less so one
If it's a game about deceiving the other players wouldn't it make sense for the other players to figure out what he's doing if he's behaving predictably and focusing on the most optimal action instead of focusing on deception? Sounds like part of the game to me, a part where dracula looses if he doesn't act well with deception.

Am I misunderstanding your complaint?
>>
File: pic56280.jpg (74KB, 411x583px) Image search: [Google]
pic56280.jpg
74KB, 411x583px
>>50803646
I haven't played it yet, but it appears like no game I've ever played before; it's basically a Grand Strategy version of Diplomacy. Since my group of friends enjoy games like Virgin Queen and Pax Romana, as well as the occasional game of Diplomacy, this is right up our alley. It is also extremely assymetric in starting positions; Great Britain is absolutely huge, France is pretty big, Germany is permanently in a defensive alliance with Austria-Hungary (who is a non-player), and combined they compete with Russia in having the largest army in Europe. Italy, USA and Japan are both incredibly small, but the smaller you are the more victory points you get for each area you control, so it balances out that way.

The only reservation I have is that the maths involved are quite elaborate, but someone made a spreadsheet that calculates income and expenses automatically, so we'll probably use that.
>>
>>50804152
It looks like a really cool game from what I've been reading. It's definitely right up my alley I just wish it was still in print.
>>
Why do normies enjoy playing games like risk and monopoly?
>>
>>50799319
Speaking of CSI - I ordered Mare Nostrum and Mafia de Cuba and they should be here today. If I was any more excited I'd be the Pointer Sisters!
>>
>>50805509
All I've heard them say is that risk is too hard and monopoly just makes them hate their friends.
>>
>>50805509
Modern Risk I can kinda understand. It's still stupidly dice dependant, but at least it plays like a game with a real ending now.

Monopoly though, no one likes. People say they like it and some are "It's not that bad!", but no one can tell you what they have fun with about monopoly. The people who say they like monopoly are the same people who say "Board games? More like BORED games!" basically admitting they don't like it, holding it marginally above roll and move zero decision games.
>>
>>50789055
I've tried to play it with my wife two or three times. It's a bit too random in the beginning and too little combinatory in the end for me. For her it's a bit boring due to randomness.
>>
File: pic2949601.jpg (58KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
pic2949601.jpg
58KB, 479x479px
Just paid ~$200 for Catacombs & Castles, Catacombs 3E, shipping, and all expaks except the 3 Resurrection Packs from a late pledge.

Did I goof?

Honestly the main reason I paid was because Catacombs 3E looks 10/fucking 10.

There's not enough cool dexterity games.
>>
>>50805875
Maybe the game just feels less random with more players and thus more dice to choose from, but I've always felt like the powers on the player boards were always good at negating the randomness in the case that you really needed to do something specific. Between that and the drafting, I never feel like I got lucky or screwed by luck, though I will admit it's an element that definitely makes it not a Euro gamers game.
>>
>>50805987
I like an element of luck. We casually play Glory to Rome and card games, for example. It's just tha in Seasons luck can royally screw you during draft. We've never had a close score, the victor was already decided during second year. I thought about making preconstructed decks to balance the game, but haven't done it so far.
>>
>>50787933
I have a good friend who happens to like all the same war games that I do

I also have a GF who likes playing Commands and Colors
>>
>>50806076
Drafting is what screws you over? The 9 card pick and pass? I'd think at 2 players that would be the least random thing in the game unless that first pick really cemented your strategy.
>>
so i just finally understood how the catan market differs between europe and america.

anyway.

Does anybody know where i can buy a set of the am,erican game pieces of barbarians? i would like to use wooden pieces instead of plastic.

i know that for explorers its kind of impossible to use the old wood set since all tiles differ.
>>
I bought Fury of Dracula 3rd Ed and still have it in shrink wrap. I've read that the general consensus is that it doesn't play well with only two people which I'm mainly planning on doing with it. Am I better off just waiting for it to go OOP and selling it?
>>
>>50807661
I've only played it with 2 and have a good time every time. The only issue, and a minor one at that IMO, is that there's a bit of downtime 'cus the hunter player has to manage 4 inventories and 4 sets of event cards. Other than that, actions and turns don't take too long to resolve.
A single player can focus better on tactics and completely nail it, or go all-in on wild a goose chase because there are no other opinions or prerspective. There's also no quarterbacking and annoying alpha fucks trying to tell me how I should play.
>>
File: New Bait Needed.png (29KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
New Bait Needed.png
29KB, 500x275px
>>50805509
>>
>>50807661
I think it's best with 3, 2 characters each. A full 5 and it goes too slow, and with 2, it's annoying to deal with 4 characters at once. 2 characters each is quite manageable.
>>
How would you descibe the differnce between a table top wargame and a war board game?
>>
>>50809447
I wouldnt
>>
>>50808026
>>50808991

Thanks anons, I'll probably just hold on to it than.
>>
>>50809465
So there is not difference between Warhammer 40k and Heroes Over Normandie to you?
>>
>>50809465
So what classifies Scythe as a board game while Infinity isn't a board game?
>>
>>50809693
>>50809612
>>50809465
Delineated board "spaces" vs analog distance is the metric I use, but it's all just hair splitting at some point.
>>
>>50809741
What about battle tech compared to a game like ASL then.
>>
>>50809741
>>50809796
Maybe a difference between getting a box set like a board game versus building an army like a miniature game then?
>>
>>50809796
Even the battletech general can't decide if they're a boardgame or wargame, they're my poster boy for the point where those labels stop being useful, just go ask them.

Personally I consider both to be boardgames, but they're so close to the edge it doesn't matter.
>>
>>50809874
Would then a difference between army building and getting a box set let a hex&chit boardgame be useful then? Like >>50809858
>>
>>50809896
Maybe? I don't know. Things like heroes of normandie and tannhauser (and even the X-wing miniature game on the other side) have both big box sets that provide a starter experience for both sides, but also have a huge amount of pregame customization options and expansions that are just single units and customization options for a single faction.

At some point you just have to accept that the labels have stopped being useful for accurately describing individual data points.
>>
>>50809946
Could the amount of meta game be taken into consideration as well?
>>
>>50809874
Hold on, can't battletech be played without a hex grid by using inches instead of hexes?
>>
>>50809612
I was joking but honestly I see little diffeeence
>>
>>50809992
One supposes, but all that's likely to tell you is how well-established the competitive scene it for a given game.

>>50810050
Almost certainly, but that's not the default. Does it change the game enough to recategorize it from a boardgame to a wargame? Maybe, but I'm still not sure it matters. The fundamentals are the same.
>>
>>50809992
Ticket to Ride has a developed meta
>>
>>50810146
>>50810147
>>50810163
Would hex&marker games be best off as their own catagory instead of being considered boardgames? That would seem to clear up a lot of this overlap.
>>
>>50810273
Hex and chit has always been considered its own genre but tgere are still problems with delineation
>>
>>50810343
What problems?
>>
>>50805949
Nah, that's pretty good anon. You'll get 2-3 days of fun sticker placement and then you can use those wooden discs to play a game! And the games actually good!
>>
>>50810390
Hexes represents point-to-point movement and chits represent resources. There's no "real" difference between ASL and Kemet.
I'm with STEEV, mostly, board games are digital and wargames analogue, and H&C is a submedium of board games.
>>
>>50810634
So then, battle tech and heroclix would be boardgames while warhammer and infinity would be wargames?
>>
>>50811074
Like he and stoob said though, they're all so similar in all the ways that matter that attempting to split them like that is pretty pointless. They're on opposite sides of some arbitrary line, but really damn close in the big scheme of things.
>>
>>50798394
Came in here to ask this when I saw it pop up on SD.

>>50798433
>>50801466
Thanks.
>>
>>50811074
Never played battle tech but I would absolutely consider Heroclix a bg
>>
>>50809896
>hex&chit boardgame
Sorry for being naive, but what is that?
>>
>>50812725
games (typically military tactical games) that use hex grids for terrain and movement and cardboard tokens for units
>>
>>50812914
Thanks pal
>>
Don't die on me friendly /bgg/
>>
Highly recommend Onitama to anyone who can get it. Really quick and easy game to play and teach and all of the pieces are beautiful
>>
>>50815487
I prefer The Duke desu.
>>
>>50816090
That one is on my to-get-list. I was just able to get this one first
>>
Has anyone tried to make their own board and pieces for a game instead of (or in addition to) buying one?
>>
>>50816713
Homebrewing GIPF games right now.
Fuck Punct wish I never bought it now I know why it was the only one left on CSI and they had it on sale.
>>
Is there a retailer that sells games generally cheaper in the US?

My friends and I have fallen in love with Catan after trying it on Tabletop (the videogame) and would love it play it with others. The problem is I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere without breaking the bank. (Well, it and an expansion or two.)
>>
>>50817081
The cheapest I've found is $35 on amazon after five minutes of searching. That isn't too bad of a price
>>
>>50817452
Maybe he's a British dude over here for a while and $35 is like a full week of bangers and mash.
>>
>>50817593
Nope, just a minimum wage American with broke friends, haha.
>>
>>50817623
Apply to Amazon, you'll start at 1.25x your state's minimum wage and you'll be a PA after like two months.
>>
>>50817667
PA? Once I finish my degree I'm going to start looking into higher paying jobs.
>>
>>50817702
Process assistant.
>working while working on your degree
>>
Anyone here developing board games besides me? I just did my 6th playtest of my game and the other guy liked it, but I have a lot of stuff to change
>>
>>50817754

Would prefer not to start out completely in debt.
>>
I played a game of snakes and ladders with my mother (yeah, she is a pleb) and it was unironically enjoyable.

Does this make me a pleb, /bgg/?
>>
>>50818906
Was it strip snakes and ladders?
>>
File: norapmusic.png (202KB, 477x310px) Image search: [Google]
norapmusic.png
202KB, 477x310px
>>50818906
If you had said something like monopoly, sure, I could see you lowering yourself to plebness to accommodate family. Snakes and Ladders though? A game with literally no decisions? You disgust me.
>>
>>50782438
For starters you should avoid expanding the hobby to normalfags, unless you want board games to end up like video games - fancy looking, overbudgeted, corporate-controlled shit catering to the lowest common denominator. Hobbies shouldn't grow beyond a certain point or they inevitably become victims of their own success.
>>
>>50818981

No

>>50819265

Monopoly is way worse than snakes and ladders. Monopoly gives you the illusion of fun and some degree of choice, but there is no reward. Snakes and ladders is just rolling dice and seeing what happens, which is better, because you at least know it's going to be mindless crap going in.
>>
>>50819398
>dice
I thought it uses a deck of cards.
>>
>>50819407

Maybe some versions do but the one I was playing had dice. According to wikipedia the original Indian version of the game also appears to have used dice.
>>
>>50818906
Just means that the experience was more important than the game.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 224x224px
Whats the deal with this game, it seems like everyone have it, which is weird since it takes a minimum of 6 to be enjoyable.

Is it really such a great game? I am looking for some party game that isn't Secret Hitler or Resistance where everyone just ends up screaming at each other.

Would you say its a good game? what version of it is the best (Pictures, words, etc), and isn't it a bit boring when you aren't the spy master?
>>
>>50820638
I haven't played it as spy master yet and I've played a few times and it's always enjoyable.
Only played the words version, didn't even know there was a version with pictures.
Only way it gets heated is if someone says something really retarded.
>>
>>50817081
Amazon is generally the cheapest for most games. Funagain has a game or two for 5 cheaper than amazon but most are more expensive. You could chexk csi as well.
>>
>>50817796
I've been wanting to try and make my own but I don't think I'm creative enough for it
>>
>>50819398
That is simply wrong. Snakes and Ladders doesn't even qualify as a game. It's an activity. Games involve skill and/or decision making. SnL is roll move roll move roll move roll move. It's like bouncing a tennis ball off a wall for 20 minutes except you can get better at that.
>>
File: 4537634.jpg (129KB, 540x577px) Image search: [Google]
4537634.jpg
129KB, 540x577px
Which one should I get anons?
>>
Do you guys know of any games where you play as a politician conniving with other politician players to gain power?

I guess it doesnt have to be a politician, just the idea of making deals, backstabbing while trying to accumulate gravitas appeals to my group.
>>
>>50821535
Panic on Wall Street, New Angeles maybe?
>>
>>50821472
I like Dominant Species.
A lot.

It's hard to get into. But holy shit is it satisfying.

Food Chain Magnate looks awesome in theory, though I heard in practice it suffers somewhat in the implementation.

I don't know anything about the other two.
>>
>>50821535
Secret Hitler.
Secret Identity social deduction game, like Resistance, but made a bit better with the voting system.
>>
>>50821472
Dominant Species
>>
Anyone play Arkham Horror: The Card Game yet? Thoughts? I've got it coming in the mail today.
>>
>>50821387
Snakes and ladders is a lesson in karmic cycles. It's a teaching tool, same with Candy Land.

Speaking of which, Candy Land is entirely deterministic. You could leaf through the deck and figure out how the whole game will unfold. It's Calvinist Theology: The Board Game.

But shit if I didn't go bananas as a really little kid to play either game. Same with that game about picking cherries.
>>
>>50821722
I'm apparently the only other person playing it. Hope you got 2 sets if you plan doing any deckbuilding. Still fun with the default decks though, go in as spoiler-free as you can (even while sleeving) for some decent surprises.
>>
>>50821836
I only picked up one to start to see how much I enjoy it but if I do and I anticipate doing so, I will pick up another core and definitely go deep on all the expansions as they come out.

Still need to order the two PoD scenarios as well, they look fun.
>>
>>50821853
Holding off on the PoD scenarios myself since those apparently have printing problems and are a good deal harder (standalone anyway, as a side-quest during a campaign you don't modify the chaos bag), but they do seem fun from what has been revealed about them. Atleast the expansions will be released frequently enough that the second core set might not be necessary.
>>
>>50820638
I've played it with every number of people between two and 12 and I've enjoyed it with all of them. It's a much faster game with only two, obviously, as it becomes a race against the clock, but mechanically it still works.
>>
>>50819331
Shit, I wanna agree with this so bad, but I got into boardgaming because of Wil fucking Wheaton's videos.
>>
>>50821535
Die Macher : ^)
Tamanny Hall
>>
>>50821535
New Angeles is entirely that, no news about it here or the Netrunner threads though.
>>
>>50822302
Wife dropping heavy hints that I'm getting NA for Xmas, will attempt to get a play in before people jump town again for you guys.
>>
>>50821550
Thanks!

>>50821697
Actually the game that everyone of my friends love!

>>50822145

Hah perfect, I even live in Germany
>>
>>50822302
>New Angeles

Thanks mate!

Its actually a little surprising to me there isnt a huge trove of political specific games, and yet we have stuff like reincarnating as dung beatles and shit.
>>
>>50822114
Me too anon. Me too.
>>
Is fireteam zero any good? Also why is massdrop generally more expensive than just purchasing elsewhere despite being advertised as a deal site?
>>
File: Betrayal.jpg (320KB, 997x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Betrayal.jpg
320KB, 997x1009px
What does /bgg/ think of Betrayal?

I've played twice and enjoyed the story elements and it seems like it has huge replayability.

Can I get my semi-normie friends to play and enjoy this? The game is basically the board game version of Cabin in the Woods, and they all love that movie.

Any tips for how to make the game more fun?
Already planning on getting rid of the stupid dysfunctional cardboard stat trackers and replacing with pencil and paper.
>>
>>50822704
random garbage
>>
>>50822793
aww..
why?
>>
>>50822927

Because it's random.

I'm not the same anon, but it's very random, little to no player agency.

However I'm in the "lovers" camp, I had the game break a few times on me, but when it works, ooohhh boy, there's so much fun to be had. It's really a great facilitator for silly roleplay, one liners and shit and a great "cheesy horror movie" ambiance.

You just have to ACCEPT that sometimes, the game will just fuck up.

But games are pretty short so it's not that big a deal.
>>
We've been having fun with drakon. Picked up a new one off e bay. Gues it's been out of print for quite a while so it might not be very easy to get your hands on a copy. Quick, easy, and pretty fun. Gameplay is about half an hour. A turn is pretty much place a tile to build the dungeon or move and do whatever the tile indicates. Each character has a special ability that can be performed once per game. Plus the rules give a few different endings to the game so you can mix it up a little. I recomend checking it out. It's got great replayability, there aren't 492 expansions to collect, and it almost always is good for a laugh.
>>
>>50822704
This is often considered more of an 'experience' than a game. The reason is that players have no control over things that are going on in the early stage of building the house, they have no idea what is going on and what's about to happen.

Then when the second phase comes in a effectively random player becomes the nemesis and its usually rather one sided what happens next with the nemesis either slaughtering all or the players able to slip away easily.

So ultimately, it plays out more like you're following a story than an actual strategic game. Which can be great for some people and some situations, but others may not like the narrow ability to influence the game.

Ultimately I think it does its job well.
>>
>>50823120
>games are pretty short

Pretty short is 30 minutes, maybe up towards an hour or so. Thanks to act 1 bumblefuck and then "Stop, Reading Time", you'll be lucky to finish this in anything less than a couple of hours.

There are much much better games you can play in the timeframe and if you want an "experience" go and actually play some D&D (insert roleplaying system of choice) instead of this boring hurrdurrfest.
>>
Guys is Chaos in the old world worth 70$ used?

I know you guys are all in for the game and its going OOP, but it is worth that much 2nd hand?
>>
>>50823441

Really ? Most games I have played lasted under an hour. I remember once we played 5 games straight in an afternoon.
>>
>>50823468
Definitely pushing it, there's other good games in the same genre.
>>
>>50819398
Monopoly for how much I hate it, is at least a game. You take part in auctions and make trades. It is not wise than literally doing nothing.
>>
>>50818906
Snakes and ladders is not a game.
It is a training device for teaching children how to participate in games.
Calling it a game is like calling microsoft flight an aircraft.
>>
>>50822704
About 2 in 3 times, the haunt is horribly skewed in one direction for one reason or another. Thematically it makes a fun Halloween play being a B movie fan of horror, but gameplay it only works those 1 in 3 times.
>>
>>50819331
We're already headed down that road. Miniatures with no substance like Blood Rage and Cry Havoc flood the market, Asmodee threatens to absorb every company and then eliminate all but 2 products each of them makes, telling them to endlessly can in on the most profitable shit while taking no risks, and player agency in games had dropped significantly as decision making skills is apparently just a dry Euro thing.

I miss when Euro was the standard and Ameritrash was something people took as an insult.
>>
>>50819445
I was thinking of candyland apparently
>>
>>50821535
Rex/Dune
>>
>>50823468
To you? No idea
The market? Buy that shit NOW
>>
>>50824119
>hate for blood rage
Thank you I thought I was the only one
>>
File: Y5TYTT.jpg (123KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Y5TYTT.jpg
123KB, 1440x810px
Finally got this in the mail. The production quality is honestly one the best i have seen.
>>
>>50824462
I absolutely adore the drafting programming leveling cards mechanic and loathe the game it comes attached to
>>
>>50824462
Speaking of giant piles of overproduced shit made for normies...
>>
>>50824579
Except it really isn't made for normies. Its too complex for most who have a short intensive span which would be a large portion of the League fan base.

Just because it is associated with a cancerous video game doesn't mean it isn't a well made board game. It only shares in the universe.
>>
>>50824579
>overproduced

Literally only releasing in small waves to insure quality. Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>50824650
Ensure, unless they somehow went through an accredited agency to bet on their game being shoddily made
>>
>>50824626
And producers which imo is reason not to support it but I won't shit on it
>>
>>50824650
Pretty sure he's intending the other definition of overproduced, anon.
>>
>>50820638
CN is best with 4, with one spy and one spy master for each round. There are many countless party games but as you seemed schewed towards social deduction I'd highly suggest Deception a murder in Hong Kong; it is in my opinion the best that genre has to offer as well as it is both a concept association, and a deduction game. Plus it plays up to 12.
>>
>>50825203
Not deep enough to justify its length and complicatedness?
>>
>>50825587
Over blown aesthetic additions that do little to add to the substance of the game, but just drive the price up. Such as the miniatures in blood rage, for example.
>>
>>50825587
complexity*
that is the word you're looking for, anon,
not dissing
>>
>>50825670
Really anon, $75 for a game with that much chrome is breddy gud, they coulda charged well over $100 for it. Hell, MoM 2E is more expensive and has a lot less swag stuffed into the box.

As for the game itself, it IS a light casual ameritrash game, but it works. The slotted, upgradeable programming is really clever.

Is it absolute garbage? I don't think so.
Are there better games? Yeah.
Play it first, you may be surprised.
>>
>>50824457
All in all its an ok game.
But thats it, its just ok...
Very high costed, very dry mechanic with 0 innovations and lots of luck drawing.
>>
>>50825679
I intentionally avoided complexity.
Things which are complicated are not necessarily complex.
>>
>>50823543
Any recommendations?
>>
>>50824119
What's wrong with blood rage?
>>
>>50825786
Its not a question of whether or not the cost is appropriate for the chrome, its whether the amount chrome is appropriate for the game.
>>
>>50825670
You could say that about any game that uses more than chits.
>>
>>50826119
There are no other good games of the genre. Blood Rage and Cry Havoc are only superficially similar, and Rex is a lot longer, more fiddly, and more social.
>>
>>50826177
So why did GW cancel the license? do they hate money? Or is it just their usual stupidity?
>>
>>50826177
Kemet, Cyclades, most dudes on board game with a twist fit the same niche.
>>
>>50826198
>GW
>stupidity
Seriously though I think they're preparing for a market war with Asmodee.
>>
>>50826219
So why would the cancel as well like game then?
From my understanding it sold well.
>>
>>50826213
Never played Cyclades but Kemet only forms asymmetry by midgame and only has one real wincon (the temples are there to generate conflict hotspots).
>>
File: theothers7sins.jpg (248KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
theothers7sins.jpg
248KB, 1600x1195px
Has anyone played the Others 7 sins? Is it any good?
>>
>>50826231
Because only FFG, an Asmodee subsidiary, has the copyright on CitOW assets.
>>
>>50826257
I've never heard of it until just this minute but it sucks.
>>
>>50826263
Not that anon but why do you say that?
>>
>>50826577
If it didn't suck I would have heard of it by now.
I haven't heard of it until now.
Ergo, Socrates is mortal.
>>
>>50826257
It is a decent enough 1 vs all game. I've had the oppeetunity to play with all the expansions and would request it for anyone into such games. In my opinion Conan by Monolith is a better entry for the genre mechanicly. Although personally I prefer The Others theme.
>>
>>50826654
I love the Conan game.
Shame that literally only half the game is available to non-backers.
>>
>>50826852
Seriously? They made half the fucking game kickstarter exclusive?
>>
>>50826213
Not really. Chaos in the Old World has more politics and kingmaking scenarios than both Kemet and Cyclades.

Kemet is more fighting oriented of the three
Cyclades is more are control oriented of the three.
Only chaos has such drastically asymmetric powers and goals.

I started to loath game such with politics but of the three it's clear that CitoW is the more political one.
>>
>>50826852
>>50826947
I just checked. How much of that game they made exclusive to kickstarter is ridiculous. I'm pretty put off from buying the retail version because of that.
>>
>>50827029
I bought the retail after playing the KS game. The base retail is fine enough for what you get. I was under the impression that the KS exclusive characters were being released as expansions later on and if I still want them I suppose I can get them later when they release.
>>
>>50826962
There's really not much politicking in CitOW beyond making your provinces undesirable to Khorne.
>>
>>50827128
No, there were a few kickstarter expansions that are going to be released. There are also a lot that are kickstarter exclusive. If there is somewhere they announced the plans to release it later on then I'll probably grab it at some point.
>>
>>50827128
>The base retail is fine enough for what you get.
For $100 it very much is not.
>>
>>50827174
To add onto these, they have what expansions and characters are kickstarter exclusive and which aren't marked on their kickstarter. They have most of the expansions and a shit ton of characters marked as kicktarter exclusive. They also have an entire campaign book as kickstarter exclusive.
>>
>>50827136
Depends on how you define politicking, I guess. I'm talking about situations where 2 or more players gang up on another and that's mostly what CitOW is about.
>>
>>50827232
To add further onto this. The retail game comes with 8 scenarios. The kickstarter exclusive campaign book has an additional 19 scenarios that you don't get if you didn't back the kick starter. On top of extra maps, and a LARGE number of extra characters and monsters you don't get because they are kick starter exclusive.
>>
>>50827326
>The retail game comes with 8 scenarios. The kickstarter exclusive campaign book has an additional 19 scenarios that you don't get if you didn't back the kick starter.
That's not too bad, art/scenario books are a justifiable exclusive imo as long as they're available as PDF to people who didn't opt for the book.
>>
File: scary skrelton.gif (3MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
scary skrelton.gif
3MB, 230x173px
>>50823441
>There are much much better games you can play in the timeframe if you want an experience
such as?

>go and actually play some D&D (insert roleplaying system of choice)
My Normie friends will not be going for that.

I think Betrayal is a nice little self-contained experience game that has more agency and choice in it than you give it credit for. Yes the haunting and floor layout and found items are random to some degree, but if that's what you call randumb, then I don't know what to tell you. Why does it matter if the house is a random new design every time? If you really want to, someone can set up a predesigned house and horror for the players to discover rather than random.

I'm gonna try, but if anyone has any more tips or ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Do you think that pre-building a house and haunt rather than leaving it to random is a good idea? Yes or No and why?
>>
>>50827432
>as long as they are available as a PDF
They aren't.
There are only 8 scenarios in the retail game because they made 19 of the scenarios for the game kick starter exclusive. How is that justifiable? That's more that 2/3rds of the game play being kick starter exclusive. I'm not paying $120 for 1/3rd of the gameplay. Then 6 expansion packs are kickstarter exclusive too.
>>
>>50827504
>Do you think that pre-building a house and haunt rather than leaving it to random is a good idea? Yes or No and why?
If it's well designed yet. If not then no.
>>
>>50827509
If they aren't that's not justifiable, see what I'm saying? Like, I think it'd be shitty to force people to download the PDF for 2/3 of the scenarios and bombard them with ads on the way, but I don't think it'd be outright unethical like I think what Asmodee is doing is.
>>
>>50827530
thx
>>
>>50827504
>>There are much much better games you can play in the timeframe if you want an experience
>such as?
Mysterium, Dixit, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Mansions of Madness.
>>
>>50827551
Well hopefully someone will be nice enough to scan and upload the scenarios online. The models shouldn't be too hard to find proxies for. Maybe someone will just make 3d printable models of them. That or the Chinese will come to the rescue.
>>
>>50827599
I'd honestly prefer it were all the models standees.
>>
>>50827612
Unfortunately with all of the kick starter exclusive models and the kickstarter exclusive expansions many of the player made scenarios will likely be incompatible with the retail game as well.
>>
>>50827641
What is Monolith's relationship with Asmodee, does anyone know? Is Monolith the dev and Asmodee the publisher?
>>
>>50827641
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monolith-CONAN-Board-Game-KICKSTARTER-Kings-Pledge-New-Exclusive/272468015654?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D86c521caed74438e89b42c4dd54fa2cb%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D322305886627
>>
>>50827713
>how would you like your boardgame
>just scalp my shit up
>>
>>50827713
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>50827567
thx for the recommendations, friendo.
I'll check them out.
>>
>>50827725
What I did for Dark Souls, what I'm doing for KD:M.
I love the bulk pledge levels.
>>
>>50827804
Im fine with scalping, its just that as a publisher you should consider there is something wrong when your kickstarter exclusive shit makes scalping worth it many times over
>>
>>50827713
That's not even all of the kickstarter exclusives.

Just let me fucking post this is not spam fucking you stupid fucking spam detector.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan

Why has the spam detector o nthis website been such shit lately?
>>
>>50827797
It's not a 1:1 equivalence but all these games but Mansions are normie-accessible and good for more than [scenarios] number of plays. Mansions is BaHotH but with more meat, but only good for [scenarios] plays; it does, however, have a somehwat more robust homebrew community than betrayal, last I checked.
>>
>>50827828
Neither of these games have KS exclusives (except a single metal coin in DS, iirc).
I straight-up don't support KS's with too many exclusives.
>>
>>50827804
What is kickstarter exclusive about KD:M? This kickstarter is to allow the to buy the equipment needed for mass production.
>>
>>50827859
see
>>50827858
I guess I'm not scalping so much as investing.
>>
>>50827846
Can't you just play the scenarios more than once?
>>
>>50827869
So what are you just going sell at retail then to make some money?
>>
>>50827880
Once you beat a scenario it becomes a rote exercise imo, maybe you guys don't have that problem.
>>
>>50827899
What? Do you play chess once and then put it away for good?
>>
>>50827898
Basically. I've got enough money and they're coming out quickly enough that the ROI justifies it.
Might have to cancel my retail pledge for KDM and just go base+chest if I end up buying a soda machine before mid-January, don't know if the guy will hold it for me.
>>
>>50827930
Ah, sounds p. cool man. Good luck.
>>
>>50827919
No, but I usually only beat video games once and since MoM is all-v-game with very specific setups which significantly depend on the unknown I feel it's an apt comparison more so than to chess.
>>
>>50827951
Okay then.
>>
Kickstarting all those exclusive parts of core gameplay is stupid. Kickstarter bonusses should be extras like a conan based dildo or an artbook or something like that. Not a shitload of extra things that change the game from barebones to actual fun
>>
>>50827977
>conan-shaped dildo
>ramentations of their women
Fund it.
>>
>>50827713
Ok, so you need this, plus the kickstarter exclusive characters, plus the highest tier Mythic Battles: Pantheon stuff to actually have everything that exists for Conan?
The game is really fucking fun but I'm beggining to tire of kickstarter, getting big game boxes is already difficult enough when they come from retailers, this whole "one print only, fuck you if you weren't around, didn't know about the game or didn't have the money at the right time" thing is preventing a lot of games from having the cult following they could build otherwise.
>>
>>50828037
Plus 6 kickstarter exclusive expansions plus a kickstarter exclusive campaign book that contains more than 2/3rds of the scenarios for the game.

see >>50827833
>>
>>50828037
What Conan stuff is in MB:P?
thank god that ks ended so the marketers could leave
>>
>>50828145
Tiles to use the skeleton warriors, hoplites and some other pieces in Conan.
>>
>>50828315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA
>>
>>50821535
Princes of the Renaissance
>>
>>50826257
CMON schlock. Nice minis, I guess. Awful game.
>>
NEW THREAD!
>>50828932
NEW THREAD!
>>50828932
NEW THREAD!
>>50828932
>>
What are some good interactive, easy-to-find board games? I don't own many board games right now. I have some Yomi decks, Pandante, Sushi Go and the obvious Catan. I looked into Splendor but that doesn't look very interactive. It's more like a "My strategy worked better than yours!" kind of game.
>>
>>50829007
>interactive
how interactive?
>>
>>50827951
Do you know if MoM 2nd edition will ever have possibilities for fan made scenarios? The game just screams for randomly generated content.
>>
>>50826219
>market war with Asmodee
>laughing Asmodee executives
GW are a small drop of water in a big bucket compared to Asmodee. X-wing regularly outsells all of GW's products and it's just a single line made by one of their many subsidiaries. If it wasn't for whoring out their IP to everyone GW would most likely have gone under years ago.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.