[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General: Hashut, Ancestral God of Rule & Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 97

File: Hashut.png (908KB, 429x531px) Image search: [Google]
Hashut.png
908KB, 429x531px
Warhammer Fantasy General.

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
Old Thread:
>>50726735
>>50726735
>>50726735
>>50726735
>>50726735

Older Thread:
>>50654416
>>50654416
>>50654416
>>50654416
>>50654416

Even Older thread:
>>50574042
>>50574042
>>50574042
>>50574042
>>50574042

Usually only link to the latest two threads or so, but last thread, the thread preceding that wasn't linked to.
>>
File: archaon.png (397KB, 648x1122px) Image search: [Google]
archaon.png
397KB, 648x1122px
First for Warhams.
>>
File: Valaya.jpg (55KB, 320x444px) Image search: [Google]
Valaya.jpg
55KB, 320x444px
>>50756051
>Do you not understand Chaos?

I do, it is just that when the risk outweighs the rewards, you are clearly retarded if you're holding onto the sword. The whole "He wasn't at full strength because reasons" is shitty writing at best. It's one thing taking a risk for greater rewards. It's another thing to hold onto something that actually makes you weaker at your moment of triumph.
>>
File: Grimnir.jpg (63KB, 429x531px) Image search: [Google]
Grimnir.jpg
63KB, 429x531px
And here's Grimnir.
>>
File: cm1chimerac3-02[1].jpg (50KB, 640x326px) Image search: [Google]
cm1chimerac3-02[1].jpg
50KB, 640x326px
>>50757432
Unpopular opinion: The new Archaon is actually a really nice model.

Problem is, it's so enormous, it overshadows any army you might care to build.
Centrepieces are fine, but most of the new big models just make you wonder why you spent weeks lovingly detailing every infantryman when you could just have just got away with a single ridiculous behemoth.
>>
File: Grungni.jpg (57KB, 330x457px) Image search: [Google]
Grungni.jpg
57KB, 330x457px
And finally Grungni. Nice candle on that helmet. Clearly the greatest of crowns.
>>
File: Chaos Dwarf.jpg (75KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Dwarf.jpg
75KB, 600x493px
>>50757372

Speaking of Hashut...

What rules are people using for their Chaos Dwarfs?

I have 40 Hobgoblins with bows and 2 Hobgoblin bolt throwers that I'm going to use for a Chaos Dwarf project.
>>
>>50757587
The sculpts of newer models were never the issue. The increasingly "epic" and fantastical nature of them and the utter destruction of the fluff. Most new GW models actually look very nice - although I cannot comment on actual quality - it's just that they're not Warhammer Fantasy; not in game, tone, or fluff.
>>
>>50757587

It had potential but it's too stylised and has that weird 'skulls in their flesh' thing that I can't stand.

As you say, it's also way too big. Overshadows everything else and is a pain in the arse to transport. The Manticore is much better in my opinion.
>>
File: wfb_chaos_dwarf_daemonsmith_01.jpg (229KB, 2784x3042px) Image search: [Google]
wfb_chaos_dwarf_daemonsmith_01.jpg
229KB, 2784x3042px
>>50757609
>such crowded fucking armour

I actually hate that art of Chaos Dwarfs. It's just "over the top" and just looks way, way too crowded in detail. It would've looked a lot more awesome if it'd just taken it easier on the spikyness and the useless detailing. As it is, it's even possibly to miss that the dwarf has a beard.

It's got a few really nice details to it, though. I love the cloven boots.
>>
Could the Chaos Dwarfs build a Tank and bind a Juggernaut to it? Might be able to cut out the Steam entirely, then.
>>
>>50757849

It wouldn't have to be a Juggernaut but any demon I guess.
>>
File: creepy baby face.png (349KB, 1128x803px) Image search: [Google]
creepy baby face.png
349KB, 1128x803px
>>50757609
Is it a coincidence Chaos Dwarfs are always drawn with those big noses while being the most greedy race?
>>
>>50757849
>>50757871
I don't see why a daemon smith wouldn't attempt it The problem would be trying to sell it to someone who could pay for it.
>>
>>50757909
>not knowing that Dwarves in general are based heavily on Jewish stereotypes

Fucking newbie cunt.
>>
File: 10.jpg (83KB, 634x461px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
83KB, 634x461px
>>50757909

Yes.
>>
>>50757675
I'm not terribly fond of most of the new models, as hinted at in this guys post >>50757823 I find them way to overcrowded and busy, and to much magic shit stuck to many of them

What started with the Fire Wizard on Fire has resulted in To Spooky For U Warcraft Nagash and his ilk.
>>
>>50757926

They are to some extent. Tolkien wasn't an anti-Semite and people always seem to forget Dwarfs good characteristics like their loyalty and craftsmanship.
>>
>>50757971
Oh I know, I fucking love Dwarves, the Iron Dwarves coming to the rescue in the Hobbit is perhaps one of my favourite bits of fantasy writing ever.

Fuck Peter Jackson for making Dwarves comical shits.
>>
File: Goblin-war.jpg (60KB, 366x500px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin-war.jpg
60KB, 366x500px
>>50757909
>>
>>50757971
>and people always seem to forget Dwarfs good characteristics like their loyalty and craftsmanship
>people always seem to forget
>good characteristics like their loyalty and craftsmanship
Are you serious and did you just fuck up your own post?
>>
>>50757909
They're literally based on assyrians and babylonians, semitic peoples.
>>
>>50758007

You'll have to elaborate on this.
>>
>>50758029
People seem not to forget about these characteristics, quite the opposite, they can't stop masturbating over them.
>>
>>50758029
He's a cunt?
>>
>>50758080

We're talking about Dwarfs in the context of anti-Semitism so I mean normies. All they see is 'they have big noses and they're greedy, clearly Jews'.
>>
>>50757909
Literary jews by Tolkien was extremely much based on jews, to the point where their language was meant to be reminiscent of hewbrew and arabic, with lots of gutteral sounds and spitting. The entire greed thing is practically a Jewish "caricature".

The whole scottish/viking-ish influences came much later, and today much of the jewish stuff has been "cut out", to the point where what remains isn't instantly connected to the original stereotypes.

In a nutshell, everything positive about dwarves today is connected to scottish/viking-esque stereotypes, while everything negative is still very much tied to their caricature origins, which is actually hilarious, if you think about it.

Warhammer no doubt contributed to this, seeing as how there's a marked difference between Western Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs, to the point where western dwarfs basically use viking-esque runes and beards, horned helmets, clans with individual kings, dark-blonde, red or light-blonde hair and northern motiffs all over the place, while the Chaos Dwarfs are based on mesopotamian, semitic culture, with a deep greed, a disregard of nature in favour of materialist mass-industrialism, the acquisition, sale and use of slaves, and pronounced, hooked noses, and black hair.
>>
>>50758117
Not him, but craftsmanship is also a jewish atribute. And loyalty, from their perspective.
>>
>>50758117
I don't think this is what normalfags see, they see horned helmets and axes and think they are manlet vikings. Pretty much everyone knows that dwarves are good at creating things and building things. That they are somewhat based on the jews is only something people with some more knowledge about fantasy know.
>>
>>50758119

Not all the negative characteristics, Tolkien said he made them great craftsmen based on Jewish culture in an interview.

I think Warhammer injected the Norse stuff because Fantasy was really all about Europe and the Old World.

The Dwarves miner stuff comes from Wales/North of England also.

So they're a medley of stuff.
>>
>>50757849
Why making a tank when you can make demonic bikes to hand over to the frenzied guys?
>>
File: Wh_main_dwf_karak_azul_256.png (107KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Wh_main_dwf_karak_azul_256.png
107KB, 256x256px
>>50758117
>I mean normies

Normies have no fucking idea that dwarves are based on jews and semites, and if they know anything, it's how they're portrayed on an extremely superficial level and in the most popular works, such as the Lord of the Rings movies and Dungeons & Dragons. If they know anything, it's loyalty, craftsmanship, and mining.

And they sure as fuck don't connect that to jews, because dwarfs these days tend to be based on european cultures rather than semitic ones, regardless of the actual intent of Tolkien. Intent that we can mostly only speculate upon - loyalty and hard work are hardly common Jewish stereotypes, especially not in the time in which he lived. It's no wonder people didn't pick up upon the otherwise clear stereotypes and connected it to jewry (such as the language, and the greed). The craftsmanship thing is no doubt originally referenced as relating to jewelry and such, but came to encompass artisanry of all kinds, losing it's original connotations.
>>
>>50758187
Dwarves miner stuff just comes from a combination of their greed and hardiness atributes. It's the perfect job for them, specially since they lived in the underground in old myths.
>>
>>50758119
I really hate the whole Scottish/Viking Dwarf meme
>>
>>50758279
This, specially since a lot of fantasy settings decide to include human barbarians that are already meme vikings.
>>
File: warhammer_by_the_end.gif (5MB, 293x164px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer_by_the_end.gif
5MB, 293x164px
>>50757871
It wouldn't have to be, no, I just felt like a Juggernaut would be a fitting daemon to be bound to a tank

>>50757967
>What started with the Fire Wizard on Fire has resulted in To Spooky For U Warcraft Nagash and his ilk.

Yeah, Warhammer Fantasy entered some kind of slippery fucking slope that ended with it being tipped into the fucking trash heap of the End Times. It needed to become more and more insane, for some reason, and halbardiers were somehow not enough anymore, but we needed stone gyrocopter carpet-bombings, fully-automatic ogre-fists, daemon-riding generals capable of shattering the world, and it just went on and on and on.

The actual spirit of Warhammer Fantasy was just drowned out in the white noise of practical and literal gods slapping their oversized cocks against eachother and dragging it across the table.
>>
Warhammer Fantasy threads seem to be moving faster than usual.

Is this a revival?
>>
>>50758243
If someone was to defend the jews in the 19th and early 20th centuries (or even today) he would certainly talk about hard work. Hard work is not only about physical labour, a businessmen who starts from zero and grows rich and succesful would also be considered a hard worker. And that's basically what jews have been doing since they left Israel.
>>
File: 1476060021871.jpg (1MB, 1500x831px) Image search: [Google]
1476060021871.jpg
1MB, 1500x831px
>>50758394
The worst part was incomprehensible lore changes so that their story wouldn't be broken. More so than it was already, that is. To me, Warhammer's setting is like Star Trek where it's very much about the world it builds and not like Star Wars which is about a small group of characters and things are made up on the fly. If you break the rules of the setting it becomes less interesting.

>>50758423
Maybe? I just hope those anons that got into the game find a group sometime soon. It sucks being in an area where there is no one to play with.
>>
>>50758279
Makes more sense than them being jews. That said, I think that as dwarfs are in Warhammer Fantasy, for example, makes them stand out a lot in their own right, and unless people know the backgrounds, they are not overly tied to their literary history.

>>50758336
Depends on the way they do it. Warhammer Fantasy, for example, clearly plays up different aspects of vikingdom completely.

Sorta like how Bretonnia and Albion are both partly based on Britain, but Albion is celtic myth, rather than arthurian legend.
>>
File: ded_world_edition.jpg (80KB, 799x232px) Image search: [Google]
ded_world_edition.jpg
80KB, 799x232px
>>50758423
nah, the rules discussions are gone as many of the hobbystic projects

talking about "history" and possibilities is still cool tho
>>
>>50758476
>>50758501

I have a feeling Games Workshop isn't quite finished with Warhammer Fantasy yet.
>>
>>50758423
I'm here for the WFRP
>>
File: b7pOX75.jpg (29KB, 447x329px) Image search: [Google]
b7pOX75.jpg
29KB, 447x329px
>>50758537
>>
File: 1481516367675.png (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481516367675.png
128KB, 800x600px
>>50758537
If they like money, sure. But GW doesn't do research or things like take criticism from their fanbase. Had they released 7th/8th edition Bretonnia I would have bought the shit out of it, if the models weren't over the top garbage that is.
>>
>>50758565

Nostalgia is a rich vein of revenue for them. I think they're finally starting to realise their IP is their most valuable asset. I doubt this means we'll get Fantasy back but stuff set in the Old World is probably on the cards.
>>
File: non-jew dorfs.jpg (207KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
non-jew dorfs.jpg
207KB, 1000x604px
>>50758427
>Hard work is not only about physical labour, a businessmen who starts from zero and grows rich and succesful would also be considered a hard worker.

This, however, is not the kind of work we're talking about with the dwarfs. And it depends entirely on how you earned that money. Success is not equal to hard work.

>And that's basically what jews have been doing since they left Israel.

Hahaha, no. Usury banking, slave trade, trafficking, political subversion and media agitation doesn't count as "hard work" just because you get rich on it. And certainly not in a fantasy, dwarven context.
>>
>>50758537
unlikely given the amount of stuff still do to for AoS and the stance they have to hold about it
>>
>>50758606
Considering that Jews were barred from like 95% of occupations the fact that they are seen as a cabal of influential rich people controlling things behind the scenes just means one thing.

Non-jews weren't working hard enough the lazy fucking ingrate bastards.
>>
>>50758636
>just means one thing.
reptilian protectors
>>
>>50758423
I just really like the roleplaying game.
>>
>>50758537
>I have a feeling Games Workshop isn't quite finished with Warhammer Fantasy yet.

I have that feeling to.

It is not a good feeling.

>>50758594
> I think they're finally starting to realise their IP is their most valuable asset.

They realized that a long time ago, which is why they started aggressively changing everything they could in order to copyright it. It's why 40k is such a clusterfuck of retcons and nonsense now.

Hell, I'm convinced it's part of the reason why they canned Fantasy and created Age of Shitmar - Age of Shitmar, which is full of unique labels and names and words, all under the copyright of Games Workshop.

You can't copyright Elf or Dwarf or Ork. But Aelf, Duardin and Orruk? No problemo.

GW really is retarded enough to throw away their IP just to create a new IP, based on the belief that IP:s are their most valuable assets. Completely ignoring that the value of IP:s are contextual and that having a copyright on a word doesn't actually change the value of that word in itself. Fucking nuts.
>>
>>50758709
Doesn't Britain have like crazy copyright laws? I remember a story about GW trying to bully some other company into not using 'Space Marine' which they felt they owned, to which they replied 'make us', forcing GW to stand down and rethink its policy on using generic names for most armies.
>>
>>50758709

Yeah they should have realised that by IP we didn't mean anything created by GW but the stuff that had been built over 30 years. That can't be replaced or bought.

I always thought if they wanted copyrightable names just use German to represent Reikspiel and have an in-universe name for everything.

>>50758769

Britain's copyright laws are no different to anywhere else in the Western World.
>>
>>50758769
Afaik, Britain has pretty standard copyright laws, as evidenced by the fact that GW had to back down from that. But yes, that is supposedly what sparked it.

It's an insane line of thinking, though. They lose nothing by not having a copyright on the word or concept of "Space Marines". Copyright has no value in itself, other than to protect your rights. Nobody has tried to "steal" aspects of the Warhammer universe in any meaningful way, and it's unlikely that anyone that would try to do so would be dissuaded by their use of "Duardin" or "Aelf" instead of "Dwarf" and "Elf"; they'd simply say "Dwarf" and "Elf", after all.

Meanwhile, their brand recognition goes down the toilet because nobody has any fucking clue what Orruk means, and even those that do know that "Oh, it's just another word for fucking orks."
>>
>>50758819
Maybe Germany, then. I know they shut down a lot of fan projects over it, even though it was just something made for free by a bunch of guys in their spare time.
>>
>>50758847

Every company does that though. Nintendo shut down AM2R even though it was not for profit and very well received.
>>
>>50758847
Germany has pretty insane and draconian laws in general, especially regarding copyrights and free speech, so this sounds a lot more likely, yeah. Sadly, in many ways, modern-day Germany is very much a banana republic.
>>
>>50758907

I can in no way see how Germany is like a banana republic.

The short version is that companies don't like loosing control of their IP and so they guard them very jealously.
>>
>>50758953
>I can in no way see how Germany is like a banana republic.

You cannot question the constitution. Not just act against it. You cannot question it. If you break laws that naturally infringe on free speech, which cannot be determined until you have already broken said laws, those laws additionally being open for wide interpretation, you can face years in prison, and if you don't openly and vocally decry and disavow whomever was sentenced for breaking such laws, even if it's your family, you similarly face the possibility of prison sentences. Parties can be banned, despite accepting all laws and regulations, and when this is attempted, they sometimes go free anyway, because it cannot be determined whether the rationale for attempting to ban them can be attributed to the party itself, or is attributable to government agents from the security police and secret police - agents of the same government that is attempting to ban them. And let's not get started on the fact that YouTube videos are banned near-randomly, even against the wishes of the actual IP holders, because something like GEMA claim ownerships that they do not even have, or that you can be sentenced to prison and enormous fines for infringing on copyrights even by accident; and that it, as opposed to most western countries, is enforced by means of mass surveillance and tracking.

Banana. Republic.

>The short version is that companies don't like loosing control of their IP and so they guard them very jealously.

This is sometimes a valid concern, but the law of the land affects this greatly, and in the case of Games Workshop, there is practically never any concrete reason for jealously guarding their IP:s, and canning your greatest strength - your IP - just so you can market a new IP that you can copyright, is pretty much the most ass-backwards thing you can do.
>>
File: QgripHF.jpg (271KB, 1280x931px) Image search: [Google]
QgripHF.jpg
271KB, 1280x931px
>no lashing of the hands and arms
>armor is not distinctly old-fashioned and covered in candles or prayer slips or broken swords
>does not have peasants carrying the remains of the horse around

I know I'm autistic, and I really do want to love that Bretonnia's getting all this attention, but I can't love the rather generic direction CA seems to be going, cutting corners instead of getting all the little details that deserve to be in there.
>>
>general
Fuck off
>>
>>50759306
Where are you seeing this? Also they seem to cut a lot of corners, probably because there's just so much to adapt. Elves look like humans and dryads look like treekin.
>>
File: 1482066284516.jpg (557KB, 2000x1664px) Image search: [Google]
1482066284516.jpg
557KB, 2000x1664px
>>50759344
It was just posted last thread - I mean, I like some of the details they included, and even the way they seem to be working around peasants and a horse is clever. But it's just not near as cool.
>>
>>50759371
That's actually not bad, but it could use the horse skeleton taking his master into battle one last time. That's a really nice hood, too.
>>
File: rXX7Tgc.jpg (123KB, 1280x926px) Image search: [Google]
rXX7Tgc.jpg
123KB, 1280x926px
>>50759410
It's not bad at all, but it could be a lot closer to the concept art, and I think that would make it look cooler. Notice how the armor doesn't look archaic at all, or even like the corpse is being revered a little too much.
>>
>>50759371

That's pretty good. I thought Bretonnia was already in the game though, are they updating them or something?
>>
>>50759782
>>
File: Lake-Town House.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Lake-Town House.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
Does anyone have the scale for these?

They would make awesome town houses for an Empire city but if they're 15mm they may be too small. A comparison shot would be perfect.
>>
>>50759802

Nice. Anymore of these for different factions?
>>
>>50759841
25mm *
>>
>>50759263
>Banana. Republic.
Not him, but that's not literally OR figuratively how to use the term.
Sorry, my autism wouldn't let it slide.
>>
>>50760227

Yeah it just sounds like you want 'totalitarian' or 'authoritarian', banana republic usually refers more to the fact that they're economically unstable and in South America, rather than their dictatorial nature.
>>
>>50760300
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

>More generally, it is a derogatory term for a country that is considered to have a weak economy, a dishonest or cruel government, and public services that do not work.

Authoritarian or totalitarian would actually be an improvement to the random, wilful nature of the economical and judicial state Germany is in.
>>
>>50760227
Well you better get used to letting it slide, because the term "Bananen-Republik Deutschlands" isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>50758007
>>50757971
yeah they make good movies
>>
File: SWXW022d.png (452KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
SWXW022d.png
452KB, 600x400px
>>50757587
New Archaon is like bringing the Tantive IV into a battle of X-Wing. That's for a different ruleset, it doesn't belong in a proper game.

Its like bringing a Tau Manta into an ordinary game of 40k. That doesn't work, it belongs in a different game with a different scale.
>>
Anyone still play Mordheim? Would love some ideas for scenarios or objectives. Current bands in the group are Skaven/High Elves/Dwarf Treasure hunters, eventually gonna work in goblins and wood elves as well. We've done most of the vanilla scenarios from the 300 page compilation book, then twisted them a tad to make them different (Wyrdstone hunt with searching rules, potential ambushes from random critters or in one case street urchins). Would love to hear ideas for game types or terrain that other people have had a good time with.
>>
>>50758264
Warhammer Dwarf miners are based on the early folk of northern England, who lived in small mining communities with very little women that relied heavily on alcohol to not kill themselves and were generally surly. That's where the Grudge concept came from, basically all of the stories of those folk are about fights and raiding with stupid justifications.

Tolkien Dwarf miners, I'm not sure about.
>>
>>50758423
I'm here for Total Warhammer and the lore.
>>
>>50760582
Or you could just get used to being called out on your bullshit when you use it.

>>50760533
>Authoritarian or totalitarian would actually be an improvement to the random, wilful nature of the economical and judicial state Germany is in.

So first discrediting Germany as it is, and then calling for a strong leader to come in and put the jackboot down.

You should get in touch with the Kremlin, you can get paid for posting that sort of stuff.
>>
>>50760806
>being this much of a shill
Have fun warmongering.
>>
>>50759263
Everything you say is wrong.

t. german lawyerfag
>>
File: 485.jpg (152KB, 952x629px) Image search: [Google]
485.jpg
152KB, 952x629px
>>50760750
>early folk of northern England, who lived in small mining communities with very little women that relied heavily on alcohol to not kill themselves and were generally surly.
>early
>>
>>50760806
>Or you could just get used to being called out on your bullshit when you use it.

It's an accepted term. Whether you like it or not doesn't really matter.
>>
>>50761077
>Everything you say is wrong.
>t. german lawyerfag

Everything I said has happened.
>>
>>50761077
>>50761173
Keep /pol/ in /pol/.
You're not supposed to discuss politics in a WHF thread.
>>
>>50761198
What if it's about the Elector Counts? Fucking Altdorf, man.
>>
File: Tsarine_Katarina.jpg (148KB, 893x736px) Image search: [Google]
Tsarine_Katarina.jpg
148KB, 893x736px
Favorite warhammer characters?
>>
>>50761173
I'll just have to point you to my previous statement on that. I'm not going to pro-bono discuss 12 and a half different points of bullshit with someone who is unable or unwilling to see reason.

Your posts merit no more than this: you are fucking wrong.
>>
>>50761264
Be'lakor.
Archaon.
Mannfred.
Teclis.

All the greats.
>>
>>50761264
Fuck yeah. Too bad Kislev never got enough support. I mean Winged Lancers, the Tzarina n and Bear Cavalry. But no good foot troops, no good war machines, no monsters no love.
>>
>>50758832
Actually, if you paid attention to anything instead of being the what I assume American invalid you are, you'd understand copyrights for Wargames are a huge issue.

The issue GW had was with generic names, a Third Party company could produce a model for a Unit in the army ( The Spore pods for Tyranids being the best example ) and then copyright their own design WITH THE NAME. GW would then be Label to be sued when they made their own.

Effectively, anything GW wrote in their books could be made by a third party and then copyrighted, meaning GW couldn't make those models themselves.

Which is why specifically we saw the loss of the Spore pods from a nid Dex until GW sorted it out with the renamed cysts.
>>
>>50760533

You've just proved my point. Germany has a strong economy and it's public services work fine.

You're only referring to the government. Nobody would use banana republic to describe Germany. I'm sorry but let it go, you're wrong.

>>50761264

Emmanuelle von Liebwitz, the party Queen.
>>
File: IMG_0340.jpg (419KB, 1480x1937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0340.jpg
419KB, 1480x1937px
A buddy of mine gave me a bag of bits lately and some of these goblins were in the bag. Anyone know which specific set they're from?
>>
>>50761506
Warhammer Quest or Hero Quest.
>>
File: Fallen Countess Preview.jpg (173KB, 612x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen Countess Preview.jpg
173KB, 612x800px
>>50761349
You have impeccable taste.
>>
>>50761521
>>50761506
They were also in the old swarm boxed set.
>>
>>50761264
Boris Todbringer ofc.

I'm loyal to my count you cunt
>>
>>50761506
Snotlings, not goblins
>>
File: Todbringer_vs_Khazak.jpg (843KB, 1260x2192px) Image search: [Google]
Todbringer_vs_Khazak.jpg
843KB, 1260x2192px
>>50761849
Kicking ass at 50 while missing an eye.
>>
File: mordheim terrain.jpg (94KB, 1024x351px) Image search: [Google]
mordheim terrain.jpg
94KB, 1024x351px
>>50760711
Well in Mordheim repository you can find enough material to feed you for months/years of further play.

You can attempt to write a custom campaign, loose idea on the spot:

>Dwarfs
>Dwarf ancestor did wrong things with warpstone tech and build THE THING.
>Shame on family if it becames a known fact and that's certainly going in the book of everyone who get harmed by the thing
>THE THING last time seen in comet struck hellhole of sin
>Gather party and on premise of treasure hunting look for THE THING to destroy it or aquire it, temptation is great and our ascentor could not have been wrong in first place!
>Stop anyone from getting there first and uncovering the truth.
>Especially those knive eared foocks.

Skaven
>Sqik it man thing, no such thing! No-no! They certain-sure not look-look for stuntie-beardie warp-tech of power-power!

High Elves
>Brave Shadow warriors are looking to destroy the evil, aren't they? Well, the dwarf brute that leeds that disgusting, brute band of sweaty should not be trusted, he is a dwarf and kin of the evil doer as well. Kill everybody, destroy evil, look fabulous.

>Wood elves
What they are doing in Mordheim in the first place?

Orc and Goblins
>You zoggy git! U haz big scrapp and big, shinny gubin to scrap for! What yo waitingz for?

>Some warp-fuelled dwarfen mechanism that goes rouge and dangerous in the end.
>>
File: Aenarion.jpg (156KB, 624x876px) Image search: [Google]
Aenarion.jpg
156KB, 624x876px
>>50761264
Not!-Feanor/Fingolfin
>>
>>50761264
Neferata, Ushoran, Vlad&Isabella, Eltharion, Bugman, Thorek, Grombrindal, Khalida, Amanhotep, Sisters of Twilight, Genevieve, the cast of Vermintide. I can keep going too.
>>
File: 1478978536362.jpg (252KB, 1280x865px) Image search: [Google]
1478978536362.jpg
252KB, 1280x865px
>>50762024
Then how about this. What is your least favourite/most hated character?
>>
>>50762054
I can't answer overall favorite, I've got my hand in too many armies.

But for most hated I'll stick with Archaon.
>>
>>50761264
Karl Franz
Melissa d'Acques
Genevieve
Boris Todbringer
>>
>>50762054
Archaon
BelendKor
Grimgor Ironhide
>>
File: 1462500281226.jpg (117KB, 680x890px) Image search: [Google]
1462500281226.jpg
117KB, 680x890px
>>50761943
>you will never know the end of the world is nigh, there are people you are supposed to protect and defend, but you still need to finish your fight with your old enemy before there's no chance to

Say what you will about End Times and all its bullshit, I loved that moment. Two old warriors having to look at themselves and realize that this whole fight was pointless, but they needed to have it and finally settle things in a the way that the end of the world would not.
>>
>>50761264
Arbaal the Undefeated
Aekold Helbrass
Ungrim Ironfist
Magnus the Pious
>>
>>50762122
...Big Boss!!
>>
>>50761972
I dunno about the wood elves yet. I've only gotten as far as they got some bad advice from some excited trees. Seeing as their intro match they were beaten off the board by some random happening zealots, I figured they'd be the "young and dumb" warband.
>>
>>50760711
>Would love some ideas for scenarios or objectives.
>>
>>50761264
Tristan le Troubadour
Tzar Boris Ursus
Ushoran
Josef Bugman
Marius Leitdorf

Probably a good few others that I'm forgetting from short stories and books.
>>
>>50762157
>>50762104
>>50762299
>>50761991
Good taste in this thread
>>
File: reikland troop.jpg (325KB, 1189x486px) Image search: [Google]
reikland troop.jpg
325KB, 1189x486px
>>50761259
You Middenheim cunts should accept your inferiority. Seriously, ever wondered why our splatbook is called Sigmar's Heirs not Ulrican Cunts?

Your city splatbook (best even 1st ed. could do for you, heh)? How is it called? CITY OF CHAOS! Coincidence? Ha, I don't think so!

City of Magic... Yeah, you provinicals need to understand that if your wallet disappears it's not necessairly MAGIC.

Boris Todbringer aka Moritz Toadmonger is not my elector. He is urlican pagan and probably member of the Purple Hand cult as well.

Karl and Franz not wolf and elevators, 'k? Praise Sigmar.
>>
>>50762351
It's called Ulric's Fury, not Sigmar's Fury
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>50760750
Oh, well, of course. Half of warhammer lore is based on british stereotypes, just like the orcs are hooligans.

I thought we were talking about more generic dwarves.

>>50758606
Merchant dwarves are an archetype too.
>>
>>50762273
Thanks, I haven't actually seen that PDF before
>>
>>50762386
It's simple my ass frosted, simple minded, northern, vastly inferion SERF.

All Ulricans are furries and most furries are Ulricans. Why should most common fur(r)y in the Old World break the trope?
>>
How complicated is WFRP as a system? I heard on another thread that in some countries it takes the place of a 'standard' RPG instead of DnD. I'm absolutely in love with the Old World, and I'd love to run it the way it was intended. Is it a super far jump from DnD 5e to (insert easiest-to-learn edition of WFRP here)?
>>
>>50762503
It's very different from D&D, and I think it's the national sport in Poland.

The system isn't super complicated, you'll get it after a few games. But it does take some getting used to at first as you might forget a Talent or Skill, or don't know if you should Swift Attack or waste your turn on the other combat actions.

And use these. http://www.windsofchaos.com/?page_id=19
>>
>>50762503
Way easier and still traditional RPG game. And it does not grow in complication (unlike D&D) if you, for example, want to make expirienced character. What you need in first place comes very easily and is all you need.

Yes, I know for example in Poland WHRP was THE fantasy RPG and most popular RPG in general. I think it easily keeps that position to this day and shaped vision of RPG as a whole there. It was WHFRP that made WHFB sell so well there, not the other way around.

In fact they even had limited reprints of second WHRP edition last year, because FFG handwaved it as a bonus part of Dark Heresy licence.
>>
Anyway know if scans or PDFs of "Warpstone" the fanzine exist anywhere?
>>
>>50763034
Second this request
>>
>>50763193
Answered last thread, also searching
>>
>>50762157
>Aekold Helbrass

How have I never heard of this guy before? He sounds cool - a little light on the fluff, at least for the Lexicanum, but a sort of anti-Nurgle guy that's perfectly Tzeentch and not just 'oh I'm a tricksy wizard with no friends.'
>>
>>50763034
>>50763193
>>50763459
Here's what I've got: https://mega.nz/#F!ZVtkzbCD!gXQXg9eqzMzq4fgx7cNmkg
Hopefully the plan to digitise the whole lot gets sorted at some point.
>>
>>50764208
>https://mega.nz/#F!ZVtkzbCD!gXQXg9eqzMzq4fgx7cNmkg

Thanks man, you're awesome
>>
File: scananon.jpg (695KB, 1280x1914px) Image search: [Google]
scananon.jpg
695KB, 1280x1914px
>>50764208
Okay boys, chours. 3, 2, 1...
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0001.jpg (3MB, 1565x2162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0001.jpg
3MB, 1565x2162px
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0002.jpg (3MB, 1554x2162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0002.jpg
3MB, 1554x2162px
>>50764800
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0003.jpg (3MB, 1565x2162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0003.jpg
3MB, 1565x2162px
>>50764813
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0004.jpg (3MB, 1562x2162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0004.jpg
3MB, 1562x2162px
>>50764825
I don't know why these are posting upside down, they look right on my end.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0005.jpg (4MB, 1576x2181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0005.jpg
4MB, 1576x2181px
>>50764842
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0006.jpg (2MB, 1546x2170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0006.jpg
2MB, 1546x2170px
>>50764869
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0007.jpg (3MB, 1568x2162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0007.jpg
3MB, 1568x2162px
>>50764883
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0008.jpg (3MB, 1565x2162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0008.jpg
3MB, 1565x2162px
>>50764895
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0009.jpg (3MB, 1338x2138px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0009.jpg
3MB, 1338x2138px
>>50764909
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0010.jpg (3MB, 1405x2138px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0010.jpg
3MB, 1405x2138px
>>50764916
>>
File: 1481946455363.png (1MB, 1118x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1481946455363.png
1MB, 1118x1920px
Heyo lads, haven't posted here in quite a while but playing Warsword Conquest reawoke my interest in the setting. Since I was out of the loop for quite a while, I wanted to ask you lot what place Beastmen were in before End Times, as well as where they're at in 9th Age, rules wise?

I don't have any pictures of actual beastmen right now, so here is a beastwoman.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0011.jpg (2MB, 1341x2077px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0011.jpg
2MB, 1341x2077px
>>50764934
I'm too lazy to combine these.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0012.jpg (3MB, 1346x2184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0012.jpg
3MB, 1346x2184px
>>50764949
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0013.jpg (3MB, 1344x2157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0013.jpg
3MB, 1344x2157px
>>50764962
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0014.jpg (2MB, 1344x2064px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0014.jpg
2MB, 1344x2064px
>>50764978
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0015.jpg (2MB, 1658x2133px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0015.jpg
2MB, 1658x2133px
>>50765000
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0016.jpg (3MB, 1658x2136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0016.jpg
3MB, 1658x2136px
>>50765014
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0017.jpg (3MB, 1658x2136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0017.jpg
3MB, 1658x2136px
>>50765028
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0018.jpg (3MB, 1658x2138px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0018.jpg
3MB, 1658x2138px
>>50765048
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0019.jpg (3MB, 1658x2064px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0019.jpg
3MB, 1658x2064px
>>50765065
>>
>>50764842
Suprisingly the problem is in most cases not using Windows. Linux and Mac actually rotate photo, while Ol' Billy Gates rewrites it in new position.

Carry on with good work. It's great and I'm thankfull. I will later attempt to combine this stuff.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0020.jpg (3MB, 1658x2080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0020.jpg
3MB, 1658x2080px
>>50765084
Sweet, although oddly I am on Windows.

Looks like I don't have all of this set. Its the Brets VS Lizardmen starter scenery.

The Empire VS Orcs is only one piece, with plastic parts. I might be able to scan the plastic, I'll give it a shot.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0021.jpg (3MB, 1658x2074px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0021.jpg
3MB, 1658x2074px
>>50765112
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0022.jpg (3MB, 1658x2077px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0022.jpg
3MB, 1658x2077px
>>50765131
Last Bret part that I have. Sorry, I got both boxes cheap at a shop years ago. I can try and scan the boxes later sometime, it'll take awhile to do.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0023.jpg (598KB, 781x1178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0023.jpg
598KB, 781x1178px
>>50765157
>>
>>50765112
Great stuff. Can you tell what are the dimensions (format) of a scan? A4?
Will come in handy during printing.
>>
>>50761264
Thanquol.

>>50762054
Archaon and Be'lakor are awful.

Ulrika when she was human and after book 2 of her vampire series.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0024.jpg (744KB, 784x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0024.jpg
744KB, 784x1186px
>>50765171
I have it on auto, sorry.
>>
>>50765192
Archaon wasn't as bad before 8th edition/ET nonsense.
>>
>>50760806
>discrediting Germany as it is

Germany as it is already does a fine job of that.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0025.jpg (3MB, 1373x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0025.jpg
3MB, 1373x2322px
>>50765197
Empire scan.
>>
hey i posted last thread with my reiksguard I was doing.
>>No.50740215
Here is progressssssss
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0027.jpg (3MB, 1365x2317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0027.jpg
3MB, 1365x2317px
>>50765305
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0028.jpg (3MB, 1357x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0028.jpg
3MB, 1357x2322px
>>50765324
>>
File: IMG_20161218_0029.jpg (3MB, 1357x2314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_0029.jpg
3MB, 1357x2314px
>>50765336
Last Empire piece. Can't scan the plastic parts, sorry.

That's all I have. I've got some other stuff to scan too, I'll see if I can dig it up.
>>
File: Count's Champion.jpg (426KB, 2123x795px) Image search: [Google]
Count's Champion.jpg
426KB, 2123x795px
>>50765310
Looks good, got more shots?

>> thin lance/banner breaks off
DDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>
>>50765174
>>50765355
You are awesome. Thanks.
May I ask again what is the format of your scans?
>>
File: Scan Settings.jpg (53KB, 504x449px) Image search: [Google]
Scan Settings.jpg
53KB, 504x449px
>>50765456
Here's my settings, sorry.

A lot of stuff got packed away, but on hand that I can scan now I have the old box to the Skaven Clanrat Regiment, White Dwarf #234, the hardcover 7e manual, and the Citadel High Elf Banner set.

I'll scan any of those that there's no copies of.
>>
>>50765449
just this one anon
I've seen your champion a thread or 2 ago, is he complete? I'm in addition to the reiks ardcoating then dullcoating all of my dudes. It's almost broken me so I've taken a break to do reiks
>>
>>50765560
>>50765456

I meant lenght and width or A4, A5 etc.

I don't know what we have in depths of the repositories, surely 7th ed manual would be surely included already.

I will have to scrounge my pdf collection to have it added to repositories as well.
>>
>>50765566
He's more or less complete, though I take the 'eternal WIP' approach to all my models. I can always try to improve them if I learn a new technique.

I really want to freehand their banner as I specifically painted five of them as Carroburg Greatswords while the other five are Averlanders.
>>
>>50758606
>>>/pol/
>>
File: what.png (106KB, 268x502px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
106KB, 268x502px
>>50765826
>>eight and a half hours ago
>>
File: Priestess of Shallya.jpg (418KB, 815x1837px) Image search: [Google]
Priestess of Shallya.jpg
418KB, 815x1837px
>>50765718
Forgot my picture. Maybe if I had a larger palette to choose from it'd be a bit easier.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50766195
That's tough anon, with no natural lines on the back of that model you gonna have to freehand shading.

I think I cracked the laurels, looks way better
>>
File: Dragon Ogre GW.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ogre GW.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50766273
Thankfully she isn't meant to be viewed from behind.

The laurels look great. I'd love to seem the knights when inked and ready for the table.
>>
General lore question:

>Nomads of Nehekkara.
Who are they? Where do they come from? Do they serve the Tomb Kings or are they just nomads in the desert?

I only heard of their existence when I play the Geheimnisnacht mod for ck2 (Warhammer mod).

Does anyone ever use them in their general Warhammer fantasy games?
>>
>>50766368
The last blood of Nehekhara that hid in the deserts by paths given by Ksar, their god of the sands. They lived apart from the other Nehekharans and would be the only survivor's of Nagash's treachery. Were they to be approached by one of the Tomb Kings they might act in accordance, but maybe not. They were outlaws then and could very well still be that way.
>>
>>50766273
I just thougth that I need laurels in my Mordheim. Even a single one.
>>
I've decided I hate the "orcs-as-space-fungus" explanation for Fantasy, and that it was merely another sign of the increasing taint of 40k and it's overfocus on it that led GW to dropping Fantasy entirely.

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest.
>>
File: 1478911524236.jpg (213KB, 862x605px) Image search: [Google]
1478911524236.jpg
213KB, 862x605px
>>50766486
It's okay. I don't agree with your opinion, but I can understand it. I like that greenskins are an unexplained phenomenon that the Lizardmen just couldn't exterminate no matter how hard they tried. It just contributed to how big a fuck up the Old Ones were.

But that's just me.
>>
Beastmen...? Guys? Anyone? No...?

o-okay...

>>50766486
I, too, think it's kinda' dumb. It's a novel idea, but I don't think it works very well in fantasy where the whole "lost brainboy" tale doesn't exist. I'm not about to try and replace it, but I'm not gonna' stand up for it, ya' know?
>>
>>50766486
I don't mind it. It helps to explain why orcs are able to endure terrain that should be marginal for most civilizations, let alone one as reckless as the greenskins.

I just figure they NEED dark, wet, undisturbed spaces to grow. You can't just have goblins start sprouting in your field, but they might in a backed-up area of the sewers of Nuln.
>>
>>50766604
Beastmen have always been super weak in "official" warhammer army rules.
>>
Long time Tabletop player here, is Total Warhammer able to give veterans of Warhammer Fantasy the fix they need?
>>
>>50766486
Its hotly debated on the T9A forums if the fungus is mandatory and integral to army identity or stupid shit that came from 40k and infected Fantasy.

The general consensus is that greenskins are better with more variation so both should exist.
>>
>>50766315
one day anon, hopefully soon. all the major details are now done, just need to clean up all my lineworks and sneak a wash in various spots.
I'm out of terrain though, rip
but regardless at this stage I'd prefer having a completed army over 2 more years of "wip"
black bases or not

>>50766424
nothing so holy roman empire like a wreath anon, get to it. 3/4 of them I had to freehand on anyway
>>
>>50766604
>Beastmen...? Guys? Anyone? No...?
Fun to kill.
More orky as enemies then actual orcs are honestly in the "endless ever-present goon army with no redeeming features" sense.
>>
>>50766670
Yes. Its not turn-based, and obviously the game is just starting, but it taps the vein pretty nice. Beware, it might make you want to start another army.
>>
File: 364360_20161211221305_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
364360_20161211221305_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>50766670
do you like total war games anon? IF you like the design of Shogun 2/rome2/attila you will as same, albeit modified engine.
the dev team are basing every design of 8th edition seems
what race did you play?
>>
>>50766607
I figure that being stronger, tougher, being able to digest and eat ANYTHING is a fair explanation since dwarves can live in mountains which have zero arable land and thus not enough food production to sustain even what little population they still have.

You don't NEED an overly "logical" explanation like "sentient space fungus", especially when that is perhaps the stupidest application of "logic" ever.
>>50766675
I figure you don't need Skaven females in Skaven armies even though Skaven females exist, so why not have orcs be similar?
>>
File: VisitingGrandpa01.jpg (111KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
VisitingGrandpa01.jpg
111KB, 400x400px
>>50766749
I'm not just a gamer, I'm into the lore and models much more than playing the game, so I'm on the side of the fence where I want to see models for civilians. Market them as objective markers or something, but I like the diorama effect of having the full collection.
>>
>>50766486
I just don't know what else I'd replace it with that didn't turn Orcs into the same sort of noble savages you see everywhere else.
>>
File: stick_125x85_furious_eng.jpg (79KB, 661x449px) Image search: [Google]
stick_125x85_furious_eng.jpg
79KB, 661x449px
>>50766787
Why would they become noble savages? They just become D&D Orcs and Pathfinder Goblins. Having women and children doesn't make a race more or less evil, or more importantly retarded race-wide.
>>
>>50766749
Dwarfs farm valleys, herd, trade, fish, and farm underground for food (mostly fungus there). Trade was a big part of what got them interacting with humans in a non-elvish manner.

Greenskins don't have agriculture at all, and I doubt if they have the patience to herd goats.
>>
>>50766834
You'd just do it like Orc Stain.

Most Orcs are dumbasses who just putter around and do the work of any Orc who's been alive long enough to start giving orders and making money. Until one day when a particularly bad fight or a particularly badass Orc cause the entire settlement to devolve into a massive mob of destruction.

You still have WAAAGHs, you just emphasize the importance of Teef over just kind of wandering around and bullying Goblins into chopping firewood on your way to attack humans and Dwarfs.
>>
>>50766728
I played Rome 1, and Empire awhile back, really liked them.

My first army was Bretonnia, but I stopped playing them when CA refused to update there armylist and rules, went to Empire. Are they represented well?
>>
File: 364360_20161211113223_1.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
364360_20161211113223_1.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>50766894
empire as you can imagine is amazingly fleshed out

Bretonnia has currently 13 different units and is only playable in multi, in the campaign map bretonnia exists and has their own castles/voice actors/ect. just unplayable without mods until the free feb update where devs plan to add 2 more named"legendary" lords, heaps more units. Green knight

>>50759802
is something released to build hype for them.
>>
>>50766616
Well, as vague as it is, at least you gave me an answer.

>>50766706
>wood elves actually believe this
>>
>>50766978
I don't actually give much of a shit about the wargame, I'm a setting and RPGfag, but even I know you don't play beastmen if you want to win games. They're still cool, at least there's that.
>>
>>50766616
Beastmen/Mutants are my favourite Warhammer evil force. They are orginal (because being ripped from dead 80's swedish RPG is not eunough to make them cliche) and in first ed. WHFRP they were FUCKING SCARY.

Fuck, I see only lower half of captcha on my netbook and do not see the question. It takes few attempts to post comment.
>>
>>50766974
That's some cool forest.

My computer won't show it in ten years
>>
>>50767145
They're scary in 2e, too, until you're in your second career or late first. Even then, a Gor is nothing to fuck with - the Silent as the Beasts of the Woods special makes them get ambushes a lot.

The RPG ironically is MUCH better for representing just how fucking scary a gor is.
>>
>>50766887
I like retarded, fight loving orcs. They don't have to be fungus (cool idea for 40k, but not in fantasy) but they can still WAAGH while being Fantasy Mongols.
>>
>>50767029
I was more interested in hearing from anyone that can comment on how they actually played on the tabletop. I've been aware of the "Beastmen suck" meme since about the time I got into Warhammer, so despite appreciating the feedback, I have to ask why you'd just hand me that meme when you even admit to how prolific it is and that you don't play the game.
>>
>>50767145

desu when the 7th ed book came out for them and started to emphasize the whole "beastmen are the fucked-up part of nature" aspect of them rather than "ANOTHER CHAOS ARMY!", most people I knew threw a fit, but I liked it. They bring to mind pagan barbarians from the perspective of early medieval Christians, and to me emphasizing the "beast" part of "beastmen" over "chaos, yo" gave them a lot more depth. Made it feel like you had more room to work with than if you were stuck with the same old four-pack of Strawberry, Lime, Blueberry and Grape. Alternative Nurgle is kiwi
>>
>>50767336
Nurgle is that fruit that you have given your kid as lunch before holidays and have not thrown out until he needed backpack again two months later
>>
>>50761173
Russian spy, stay go.
>>
>>50767201
Beastmen almost work better as RPG-only foes because their primary traits (scavenged gear, low armor, surprisingly good at being stealthy) work best as light skirmishers against small parties.

Like adventurers.
>>
>>50767427
Fun fact: the German government is now unironically claiming that Russia is colluding with Syrian rapefugees to artificially inflate sexual assault statistics to undermine Merkel.
>>
>>50767506
I feel beastmen should've never been separated from Chaos. Chaos should have just been a HUGE model range where you could choose multiple workable themes, but broadly beastmen would be skirmishers and disposable tarpits.
>>
>>50767427
Have you considered joinign him on >>/pol/ where you both may argue about praising SJWTurkey/sucking off Putin as long as you want?
>>
>>50767519
Yes, I like diverse chaos warbands, with beastmen being just the most common form of mutant excluded from society, The Enemy Within Style.
>>
>>50767509
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>50766768
I honestly don't understand the appeal of introducing a gender to the orcs when the alternative already exists and works; what would it add that contributes to the face of war that the greenskins are?
>>
>>50767609
What do you mean "introducing"? Orcs were originally sexually reproducing, and there was a Half-orc army.

That fungus shit came from 40k. Its necessary to explain in 40k how Orks work, but its not necessary in Fantasy. You don't need it to make Orcs fighty or Goblins sadistic, and as another anon said the presence of female Skaven doesn't change the army.
>>
>>50766486
>I've decided I hate the "orcs-as-space-fungus" explanation for Fantasy

Is that ever actually covered in Fantasy, though? Because I've always hated it too, but as far as I know, that was never presented as canon in Fantasy. If it ever was, I assume that it was very late, meaning it's very much 40k seeping into Fantasy.

I always liked 40k, but that it became overly 'epic', fantastical and flanderized is hardly a secret, and that's all the things I hate to see in Fantasy.
>>
>>50767691
Squigs definitely grow like fungus, and this was at least spread as far as snotlings.
>>
>>50767609
I guess it depends if you care about the background fluff or not.
Orcs aren't "the face of war" so much, because war is fantastically more complex in execution and methods then a bunch of stupid looting brutes who's primary tactic is imbicilic shit like "run in their direction while screaming".
Orcs are basically a gang of football hooligans who's favorite team is themselves and who's hobby is waiting for the next game so they can go wreck shit for no real reason.

The only "thematic" inspiration behind armies in WFB is visual ones; let's not even begin to pretend that GW was ever deeper and more complex then that. I mean the only reason Greenskins even ARE green is because it showed up and contrasted visually better on one early GW creator's personal models and they ended up using for ALL orcs for that reason.
Orcs "theme" isn't "the face of war" it's "choppy and clunky and crude".
>>
>>50767691
It was implied a few times in army books, outright stated in Skarsnik's book and in WAR.
>>
>>50767677
>Its necessary to explain in 40k how Orks work, but its not necessary in Fantasy.
why?
>>
>>50767705
Warhammer originally did have quite a bit of depth to it, at least in the sense that a bunch of guys with degrees in history took the parts of real life history that interested them and nobody else was doing then stuck fantasy into it.

Like Shadowrun kind of.

Unfortunately the later writers only have experience in writing over the top softcover novels and as a result much of the themes and complexity was lost.

Like 40k. Originally it was Paradise Lost and had quite a few very strong themes in it. Now its just rule of cool and the ongoing adventures of Chaos.
>>
>>50767145
>dead 80's swedish RPG
>Mutant
>dead
The latest edition was started in 2014, anon.
>>
>>50766787
>the same sort of noble savages you see everywhere else.

Everywhere else? Only place I see orcs as "noble savages" are the Warcraft and TES settings. Is that what you're referring to or are you saying there are more popular settings that feature orcs as noble savages?
>>
>>50762122
>screwing over your city by taking your best troops into a pointless last stand just to get the final victory over your old enemy

boris was the dumbest man in the end times, and thats saying a lot.

or he was the smartest, and realized they all would have died anyways so he figured he'd go out on his own terms and achieve the most important goal of his life.
>>
>>50767736
Orks in 40k need ridiculous numbers. They need to have an easy explanation for why a bunch of savages who die in droves can charge into laser, flamethrower, and plasma fire and still win despite all casualties. Why they can putter around in ships that have a high chance of exploding and still deliver high enough numbers to threaten the entire rest of the universe.

In Fantasy the timescale is larger. WAAAGHs are big enough to take out a town or two every year, and a once in a century one that destroys a large chunk of a province unlike in 40k where a WAAAGH takes out a plurality of planets every few months. Orcs are generally only a threat to humans and Dwarfs with regularity, and otherwise only factor in as small skirmishes once in a few centuries with the other factions.

You don't need to explain why in a few months you can get a billion Orks, you only really need two hundred-six hundred in a generation.
>>
>>50767757
Dungeons & Dragons did noble savage Orcs before anyone, and Tolkien always debated making them noble savages and left enough wiggle room for them to be possibly that either due to biased perspective of narrator or just other groups not seen in the story. Even Tolkien's evil Orcs have some small nobility to them and a sense of honor and rationality.

Also the Japanese are really starting to get interested in non-evil Orcs.
>>
>>50767736
A difference of scale, basically.
In 40k battles happen in truly absurd numbers because they happen on planetary scales, while in Fantasy an army of 500 guys is a relatively small army but is sufficient to be considered a significantly helpful aid to a much larger force and on their own could easily raze entire small towns to the ground and even challenge smaller forts and castles.
Even a high-attrition race like the orcs (whom BTW don't actually seem to take any more losses then anyone else) actually could replenish their losses assuming they grew to adulthood in say, half of the time humans do and if they have LOTS of kids in average, and with that level of natural births they could easily overrun most human cultures in less then two generations for example.

You don't NEED tremendous infinite automatically self-replicating armies when something like 5000 troops is a nice big force and 25,000 is an army big enough to sack most major cities.
>>
>>50767745
Well if Gloriantha (because that's one, Warzone is completely different) still fares well, I wish it all the best.

I mean it takes balls to keep race based of Donald Duck in the spotlight of dark fantasy game.
>>
>>50767336
>They bring to mind pagan barbarians from the perspective of early medieval Christians

Funny, that's what I always thought of the orcs.
>>
>>50767757
Didn't Terry Pratchett do good goblinoids? Also, Shadowrun.
>>
>>50767853
Dwarfs are the trading unconverted Saxons, Orcs are invading unconverted Saxons.
>>
>>50767821
>Tolkien
>Orc noble savages
>Not corrupted, degraded elves with knack for machinery
>Or in last, planned, but unwritten novel callout on neofacism/communism

You should look for gastrologist, for you need your shit checked anon.
>>
>>50767790
I honestly could see orcs be slightly less stupid (though no less British) if they just worked rather like the orcs seen in that Shadow Over Mordor game; relatively dumb on average but not absolute retards, good at making effective fortifications and equipment (there have to be SOME orcs making all that armor, choppas alone require a shitload more weapons-grade metal on average then a regular sword does and that is NOT easy to get ahold of in large numbers if you aren't mining), but hasty about it and totally lacking in aesthetic sense.
In addition their culture is vicious and mean and thuggish and full of infighting where the biggest and meanest guy gets to be the guy in charge leading to their infamous Animosity problems.

They're just stupid violent fight-happy hooligans (or mean-spirited little fuckers when it comes to Goblins) rather then completely malevolent like the Mordor orcs were.

As for good; each other and whatever else they can find. I figure orcs can eat damn near anything and can survive a lot longer without food then a human.
I mean, why the fuck not? Dwarves can too so that's not like it's a huge stretch or anything.
>>
>>50767875
Noble savages can still be villains. Orcs have a sense of honor in Tolkien's works, and do have a sense of societal order. Its anarchic to be sure, but not arbitrary.

Tolkien Orcs are closer to Warhammer Dwarfs than the traditional villain Orc.

Also, they may be degraded but only serve evil because it can bully them into it. They have no desire to serve, hence why independent groups like the Goblins in the mountains in The Hobbit exist.
>>
>>50767895
>though no less British
Brutish, I mean.
Stupid spellcheck.
>>
>>50767895
Black Orcs makes sense to have females, as you stated there. Savage Orcs and Forest Goblins can have females, since there's an unknown number of them wandering about outside the view of mankind and the only ones you see are those invading others.

Night Goblins should absolutely be fungus monkeys. It makes them nice and creepy, hostile, and alien.
>>
>>50767917
Another thing; orcs don't need to be space mould because orcs aren't found particularly often in Lustria, and are mostly found in the largest numbers in the Old World, which suggest a common racial origin there at some point.

I don't mind a connection to the Old Ones; maybe trying to engineer a solid and hyper-adaptable slave race to work for them. Tunnels and darkness? They adapt and get clever and good at using resources. Harsh terrain, hostile predators, and less food? And adapt and need a lot less then humans and get bigger and meaner. Big deserty type place without little food to be found? They adapt and get lean and rangy and mobility-focused culturally.
It even fits the creation of Black Orcs because we know that the Chaos Dwarves basically force-mutated and/or bred them until they were highly efficient slaves and warriors, showing that they adapt to new conditions a lot faster then humans.

They just don't need to be plants.
>>
>>50767903

We have different definition of noble savage then. I think that oryginal Tolkien orcs are just not really savage, no more than evil men are.

>>50767905
Do not worry, it's not like there is difference. ;^)
>>
>>50767875
Even in LotR, two orcs lament being unable to desert because, even if they escape Sauron, the elves will just murder them.

The leader of the Uruk-hai kidnapping Merry and Pippin fiercely defends Saurman's will and, when fighting the Rohirrim, challenges their captain to single combat.
>>
>>50761289
>Your posts merit no more than this: you are fucking wrong.
Your posts merit no more than this: all these things are verifiable fact.

>>50767713
>It was implied a few times in army books, outright stated in Skarsnik's book and in WAR.

Well, implied is always hard to call on, and while I loved WAR, it wasn't canon and clearly influenced by 40k. Can't really argue with the Skarsnik Novel, though. I haven't read it myself, obviously, and it's a pretty late novel (2013).

Explains why I'd never heard of the thing in a Fantasy context, though. I always though Ork reproduction was just kept in the dark. It's going to have to be wholly different than in 40k, though, or the greenskins would've overrun the entire world by now.

>>50767736
>why
Not that guy, but I agree with him. Maybe "necessary" was the wrong word, but it's very hard to avoid, considering that we're dealing with a whole 'nother perspective and a completely different technological level.

If it would've worked some other way, it would've have to have been settled pretty early on, I think. The spore thing wasn't necessary, but it is now a very integral part of how the orkz work in 40k, I think.

>>50767739
>Warhammer originally did have quite a bit of depth to it, at least in the sense that a bunch of guys with degrees in history took the parts of real life history that interested them and nobody else was doing then stuck fantasy into it.
Yeah, which is why I prefer earlier fluff in themes. Some of the writing has higher quality now, because it's written by professionals, but it's complete shit in terms of consistency and concepts.

Warhammer, whether 40k or Fantasy, lost it's way because there seems to be nobody left that actually understands the core themes or understand where core concepts came from.

It's hilarious, because as a fan, the more Fantasy/Sci-Fi I read, the more parallels I can draw.
>>
>>50766823
"What, boy, you thought orcs popped up out of the ground like weeds? Ain't never seen an orc sow? Count yourself lucky, if you think the bulls are mean, imagine what kind of female it'd take to put up with an orc!"
>>
>>50767990
Yes, because in Tolkiens work they are evil elves with human numbers.
>>
>>50767985
Just make them a primordial experiment that got out of control. Then you can go any direction you want with them.

Shit, remember Boglars? They're greenskins that when they get into water start reproducing exponentially like Gremlins. I'd like that to exist and be cousins of the Half-orcs and the fungus Night Goblins. Like the only rule is that they're usually green. Even Gnoblars can be red or blue though, if you really want to do it.

No limits. Your lore being whatever you want.
>>
>>50767990
>The leader of the Uruk-hai kidnapping Merry and Pippin fiercely defends Saurman's will and, when fighting the Rohirrim, challenges their captain to single combat.

As someone that only watched the movies, it's interesting to know this, because although I've read a lot *about* Lord of the Rings and Tolkien (wikis, general interest, etc) I must confess that I also had this idea of the orcs as debased villains #41. Basically negro slaves for the jewish industrialist that was Saruman.

I'm sorry, I just never could get through the books. I'm a prolific reader, but Tolkien's writing genuinely frustrated me and left me irrationally annoyed, when not putting me to sleep.
>>
File: Preds_Group.jpg (138KB, 650x361px) Image search: [Google]
Preds_Group.jpg
138KB, 650x361px
>>50768020
Reminds me of the female Predators.

They never leave the homeworld, and the males are fucking terrified of them. Males hunt to get females with offerings as well as keep their offensive army strong to maintain their independence from galactic affairs of other races, but the females are the endgame.
>>
>>50768083
If we assume that orc females exist and that they are tough, I wonder if they're nomadic? They'd definitely have to whelp litters to account for orc numbers.
>>
>>50768061
Start with The Hobbit, move onto Silmarillion.
Remember for The Hobbit that the only Dwarfs you need to remember are Balin (old one, likes Bilbo), Bombur (fat one, likes Bilbo), Fili and Kili (relatives of Thorin) and Thorin (leader). But every time it'll refer to them by what makes them memorable anyway. The rest are interchangeable. Don't try to remember what color their hats are, its just superfluous.

For Silmarillion, remember that its supposed to read like a translation of a myth. So like one of those Greek/Norse mythology books you read in school. You can skim it, come back to it later once you get the general idea. Also remember that there's supposed to be chunks kind of missing.

Tolkien Orcs are Germans. He admitted as such, remember this guy went through the Somme during WW1 and that during the Blitz when he was writing the trilogy they blew up his barn while he and the kids were hiding in the basement and praying. Orcs are a combination of how early Brits saw invaders and how he saw Germans. Saruman by contrast is like Gollum and anyone else who dealt with the Ring, the idea that power is something only for God and anyone else trying to use it for good ends WILL fail and fall. Saruman starts what he thinks is the path to use the enemy's weapons and tactics against them, loses himself, and dies a nobody. Basically Saddam or Mussolini.
>>
>>50767986
>no more than evil men are.
I dunno, man. Orcs may not be entirely evil, but it's clear to me that they are base savages that are naturally violent and destructive. They're quite literally and deliberately debased elves, tortured into a corrupted form. They are as much part of the disharmony of Morgoth as the elves were part of the song of the Ainur.
>>
>>50768109
I imagine females just stay in the Badlands unless you have a particularly powerful Clan.

Like Beastmen lore. Females just kind of stay in the forest aside from those who join the attack force and are treated like any other warrior.
>>
>>50768133
Just like Skaven too.
And Bretonnians.
And the Empire, mostly.

Really, it's JUST elves that have women fighters in combat, and even then more wood elves then high elves and dark elves.
>>
>>50768165
>Bretonnians
they got their maidens.

kislevites had a female ranger mini too.
vampire counts and khemri don't discriminate either.
>>
>>50768165
Kislev uses female soldiers. The Empire mocks them over it apparently.
>>
>>50768165
According to the Kislevite WFRP 2e book, women are equal in all things in Kislev, which causes hilarity when a visiting Imperial imposes on a Kislevite woman and gets in deep shit for it.
>>
>>50768199
Bretonnians ONLY have their maidens for units which means they are relatively few.
Though according to the RPG some women do the Shakespeare thing and dress as men and Bretonnian men are just so ingrained into the "proper" roles for women that much like in Shakespeare no matter how obvious it is that they aren't men they won't notice until they see the tits of vag.
>Vamps, Tomb Kings
They're dead and they don't count.
Vamps could be women but they could have no breasts, no ovaries, a vagina replaced with a literal box, and all of their major organs removed and still function normally.
Gender for Vampires is more like a shirt they're stuck wearing then anything else, and with Khemri it's even less.
>>
>>50768202, >>50768231
Having the major aid of an organization of spellcasters that literally are ONLY women helps, especially when said spellcasters are the only ones that are immune to potential Chaos side effects from casting, albeit only in Kislev and they get weird wintery side affects instead.
>>
>>50768233
Well, its openly stated that Vampires still fuck and since there are no homosexual loves mentioned in Warhammer, it means they still do have gender in the form of who fucks who, and when to adopt fully grown adults as your children.
>>
>>50768233
>the tits of vag.
All rise for the honourable lord-knight Maria Stormsunder, bulwark against the tides of Chaos and holder of the great Tits of Vag.
>>
Anyone have the page that explains how pooping is important in Orc culture? I think it was a 40k thing, it had a chart showing the layout of one of their camps.
>>
>>50768258
>there are no homosexual loves mentioned in Warhammer

Funny thing, actually. In Beasts in Velvet (the only good Genevieve story, mostly because she isn't in it), a male noble finds himself deeply unsettled with the attention Emmanuelle von Liebwitz's brother gives him. It turns out this is because he is actually she, Emmanuelle's younger sister who was forced to live as a man so as not to threaten Emmanuelle's tremendous childhood ego. In time the abuse and humiliation she underwent drove her to violence, culminating in her becoming a serial killer.
>>
>>50768291
When I started reading that sentence, I thought I was in for a SJW ride on why it's ok to be gay and that Warhammer Fantasy is actually this or that.
>>
>>50768285
Well Mark of Chaos had information that Greenskins put great piles of shit as basic outline of great idols of their gods that are left behind them after after their passing. But it's only MoC loading screen.
>>
>>50766728
I haven't played since Medieval 2 and Empire - do you think I'll like it?
>>
>>50768333
The best part is that Emmanuelle receives absolutely no retribution for this except for an implied realization of what sort of absolute horror her childhood caprice had done to her own flesh and blood. Her "brother" dies her "brother."
>>
>>50768285
>>50768413
>collectively shitting massive patterns of Gork and Mork in the camps

Orks truly are the blackest faction.
>>
>>50768429
You actually make me wish that I could get Warhammer Fantasy books here in the caliphate. Well. Pre-End Times, anyway.
>>
>>50768445
I believe the Genevieve books are all in .pdf form in the OP links somewhere. I also recommend the Brunner omnibus - the lore in that is quite dated in places, but it has a very 'Conan' feel.
>>
>>50768432
>Black joke
>Not Indian joke

Come on, that's as basic as it gets. Like a fried chicken reference being wasted on a crack about Asians.
>>
>>50768445
You mean France or Germany or actual islamic country? Is Warhammer Fantasy haram (that could shed some light on implied jewish nature of Chaos Dwarfs)? I'm not /pol/iticing, just curious and sure that you pull somekind of meme here.

I would look in repositories, we have extensive collection in kindle format. Through personally I do this only with ones not being sold in Poland because guy who sells them here is totally bro tier.
>>
>>50766749
I can't find the source at the moment, but dwarves used to have clans devoted solely to things like farming. When they opened up trade with humans, they were able to buy food from humans, and the farming clans were able to reinforce the clans that had been depleted in various wars. Most of what food production they still do revolves around the making of ale - which they are apparently so good at, they can actually feed entire settlements on ale alone.
>>
File: 1415759607250.jpg (279KB, 809x800px) Image search: [Google]
1415759607250.jpg
279KB, 809x800px
What are some more mundane adventures y'all use for your groups? It can't ALWAYS be cults, vampires, greenskins, bandits, and beastmen.

Filthy witch unrelated.
>>
File: 364360_20161211195611_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
364360_20161211195611_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50768425
med 2 and empire work fundamentally differently to the later total wars, If you care about the battles the most though you will like warhams. Best in the series by far. It will help you to like warham even more one of the current playable races was your tabletopfu/fanfu
the list is
Dwarves
Empire
Vampire Counts
Orks and goobs
various dlc adds
Crooked moon gobbos
clan angrund
chaos
wood elves
Beastmeanies

all the dlc contents in the campaign though regardless if you own it or not, just won't be able to play as something you don't own
>>
>>50768551
That's mundane for Old World. Angry neighbours, angry nobles, gangs, angry traders, angry mages... There is whole Old World population to shit in PC's morning coffe/find players as obstacle in their plans.
>>
>>50768498
Sorry, actually just memeing, I'm from Sweden. :^) That said, I would expect Warhammer Fantasy to practically be haram in, say, Saudi Arabia and/or Iran, if it wasn't small enough to fly under the radar, which I expect that they do.

The problem here is that they're not translated, and Swedistan is surprisingly bad at providing English sections in regular bookstores. That said, I could probably get my hands on stuff if I start searching a bit more online, which I actually feel like doing since a while. I really should get around to it.

>>50768551
Because of a comment about three threads back where someone accused a GM of "railroading" just because the players may end up in a cave in Kislev hunting snow-ferrets for months, and therefore be unable to follow his "planned" career path (which is why it's a bad idea to have a "career path" at all), I was discussing the idea with another GM.

We came to the conclusion that the players getting stuck in a cave over winter isn't just a distinct possibility in Warhammer Fantasy, but could actually be fun as shit.

* Having to forage and hunt for food nearby.
* Finding beastmen remains or structures in the forest.
* A bear shows up and wants to nest there.
* How deep is the cave? Does it lead into the Under-Empire or the old dwarven tunnel highways? (the name escapes me)
* Do the players choose to stay, try to brave the roads anyway, or will they explore the tunnels?
* Lots of narrative potential for fairly long timeskips as day by day passes.

There's so much potential and all you need to do is stick 'em in a cave and force them to survive. Granted, you shouldn't railroad them into this.
>>
>>50768661
I am now imagining someone literally shitting in their coffee, and there's tea on my desk. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: Darkemissary2.jpg (181KB, 588x802px) Image search: [Google]
Darkemissary2.jpg
181KB, 588x802px
Do you think GW or CA should have or do more with Albion? I think if nothing else it has some appeal as a human copy of Ulthuan.
>>
>>50768743
Thank Ulric it's tea! Coffe is not transparent so you don't know until it's too late!

Sorry anon
>>
>>50768785
I have not seen anything on Albion aprat from
-McDeath
-One of Hellbrandt Grimm stories from WH:Monthly
-Story of swindler Cecil from Return of the Lichemaster

All is 80's lore.

Was it expanded anywhere?
-
>>
>>50768718
Dwarfen tunnel-highways are called the Underway.
>>
File: pic629709.jpg (459KB, 1170x1637px) Image search: [Google]
pic629709.jpg
459KB, 1170x1637px
>>50768842
>>50768785
>Was it expanded anywhere?
The dark shadows campaign was all about albion. I don't really think they needed to do more with it.
>>
>>50761264
Vlad and Isabella Von Carstein, without a doubt. I like lots of other characters, but there's something oddly endearing about two evil vampires hell bent on world domination via an army of undead being madly in love with each other.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Knights Panther wip
>>
>>50761264
The Lichemaster.

And Johann, dead witch hunter from The Restless Dead.
>>
>>50768861
Settings-wise, maybe they didn't, I dunno, but it would've been nice to see it featured more. We know the rough tropes and stuff, but apart from that, extremely little.

What's the Empire's presence on Albion?
>>
>FFG bully soon to loose licence on WH world
>Warpstone reviwal when?
>>
>>50768785
Not ulthuan, Athel loren. Albion is pretty much wood humans lead by druids. You could do a lot with that actually, humans are a lot more malleable than elves after all.
>>
>>50768054
>Shit, remember Boglars?
I still have that issue of White Dwarf, fuck that article was great, it even had some briefs for modelling those goblin variants.
>>
>>50768718
To be completely honest, WFRP is far too deadly as a system to make players comfortable with exploring an unknown cave if they don't have a really good reason to go into it.

Unless we're talking about characters 50% done with their second career, which basically go around with super-human stats, a party will just shit their pants and not take the risk unless they know there's something valuable in the cave.
>>
>>50766706
I personally love watching the greenskins and beastmen go toe to hoof and beat the shit out of eachother.

Different play styles and it's fun to imagin these bestial warriors getting more and more pissed at each other as they tear one another apart, Ungors stampeding gobos, Orcs tearing ungors limb from limb, Centigors spearing them from behind, it goes on and on.

It makes me wish that fantasy had some big lore event where a massive warherd formed right as a WHAAGH rolled in, and the empire watched from it's walls as the battles raged through the fields and forests, laying waste to the ground and choking the rivers with the foul blood spilled in equal mesures. More and more orcs are drawn in to' Dah beag Beastly Fight" And ever more Beastmen emerge from the forests and their hiding places, Seeing the greenskin tide stomping through every inch of their twisted forests as an affront to the supremacy of their gods and a breach of their territories. I dunno, Just a bloody beastly punch out.
>>
File: smugkarlfranz.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smugkarlfranz.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>50769377
That would be a good show.
>>
>>50768942
damn good work annon
>>
>>50769428
I wish they'd hurry up and crack Total War

>inb4buyityoutwat

Fuck em, after R:TW2 I am fucking done with them
>>
>>50769338
Assuming we're talking about 2nd Edition, halfway done with the second career isn't really inconceivable at all, if you think about it, still relatively early in a character's lifespan (provided they live that long), and that's no guarantee for superhuman stats (although I do think that Characteristics increase too fast in WFRP2).

The real question is whether the players are smart enough to play it safe. Any way they do it - whether they choose to brave the roads in the middle of winter, hunker down in the cave for upwards four to six months, or decide to go deeper in the caves and maybe find some largely abandoned Underway that may or may not lead to a major city, they'd have an awful, awful time.

At least if they go into the Underway they can avoid losing minor limbs to frostbite. Stay in the cave and all they have to contend with are bears and beastmen, should they choose to investigate (they really shouldn't).

But like I said, this assumes that they end up there "organically", the GM shouldn't force it, so it could happen at any point between the end of the 1st career (starting characters) and full-blown 5th-career characters.

I'm now toying with the idea of the Underway being largely abandoned and mostly free of Skaven, on account of Chaos Dwarfs steamrolling them from Karak Vlag, on their way to invade Kislev from below.
>>
>>50769428
It would also amount to a semi-permanent state of siege for what ever provinces it takes place in.

Only heavily armed and armoured caravans would be able to get from cirty to city, and only when planned perfectly, as the land would be littered with raiding bands of beastmen and greenskins, always trying to gather just a bit more food and loot for their respective army before the next clash.

I could see one of the cities getting chucklefucked after it tries to get it's bigboy greaves on and send out an army to clear the way for much needed supplies, Only to draw the direct attention of the Heard-lord and the Warboss, leading to it getting encircled by both factions in a two-way siege that has the orks and Beastmen fighting all around, or the beastmen ambushing the sieging orcs right as they break storm the walls, seeing as beastmen don't really build siege equipment.
>>
>>50769446
what do you mean by 'crack' it?

and why are you done with them? They seem to be making honest progress in game mechanics and shit.
>>
>>50769480
>what do you mean by 'crack' it?
Break security so you don't need Steam to run it.
>>
File: HardKarlforhardtimes.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
HardKarlforhardtimes.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>50769446
You hurt our imperial feelings anon.

Hans! Escort that man to the exit. It would be shame if SOMETHING HAPPEND TO HIM.

Through overhyping the new Rome was a crime indeed.
>>
>>50769472
>Assuming we're talking about 2nd Edition, halfway done with the second career isn't really inconceivable at all, if you think about it, still relatively early in a character's lifespan (provided they live that long), and that's no guarantee for superhuman stats (although I do think that Characteristics increase too fast in WFRP2).

I'm not saying it's inconceivable, i'm saying low-level players won't take the risk unless you make it clear there's something to gain for them.
My GM's old group played like that, at least: he would always throw adventure hooks for them to take and they'd just run away if they weren't 100% they would gain something from it. It was justified to a certain extent since my GM tends to lure players into death-traps in which there's absolutely nothing to gain.

>There's this bandit group which is kidnapping people in this village!
So what? I need gold crowns to buy a decent suit of armour.
>You're the only ones who know of this group of cultists in the city.
Let's leave the city, it's not our problem.
>A great beast has been wandering in the forest terrorizing the farmers!
We gather all the information on where the beast was seen and avoid those places forever.

At a certain point he started railroading them into stuff but it didn't really work out as he expected, so he started giving out more interesting rewards instead.
>>
>>50757372
Praise GRUGNI
>>
>>50769507
its a pretty good game now though.
>implying Rome2 with DEI isn't god tier autism.
>>
File: alan_lee_fimir_web[1].jpg (63KB, 655x529px) Image search: [Google]
alan_lee_fimir_web[1].jpg
63KB, 655x529px
>>50768785
Not as an army, no.
I like it mysterious and there's no real reason for them to be anywhere other than their island.

That said, I wouldn't have minded a well-written WFRP book on Albion. It just needs to be Slaine (very Warhammer anyway), plus a dose of some celtic Skeksis and a touch of Old One magitech and you're golden.
>>
>>50770058
Anon, god tier autism is when your CK2 has so many mods and DLCs that you are not sure how history looked in first place.

So i heard of Zweihander. Can anyone sell me on it? What is it? Warhammer: Community Edition?
>>
>>50770408
CK2 is sometimes meme tier.
DEI is extremely comfy with it's supply train system.
>slowly expanding into dacia over a hundred years and making it the new bastion of hellenic culture even as the glories of the east crumble to persian barbarity and the west falls to roman crudeness.
>>
It's interesting if WHFRP community is going to do something like Warpstone again, or maybe expand on Zweihander, make sorucebooks... We were going strong while game was dead two times and since February there will be no lawyer to opose us.

I mean look on 9th Age. Shit, it's got way more players than Fantasy had just before AoS (anegdotical evidence from where I live).

But still, they are getting shit done and handing Gee Dubs their collective asses.

>>50770430
Truth to be told I'm XIX century specialist and everything on Napoleonic Wars either sucks or is too expansive. I'm also not much the RTS guy.
>>
>>50770642
you can just autoresolve the battles.
People used to do that on Europa Barbarorum all the time.
>>
>>50769634
The GM was doing it wrong. He should've done things that affects them personally. Threatened to burn down their homes. Tax them out of their armours. Rob them. Burn their barge. Or dangle whatever thing the characters prioritize in front of them, which, I'll admit, could just be copious amounts of gold.
>>
>>50770055
Grugni is further down, Dawi, that's Hashut, there at the top.
>>
>>50772512
Sometimes players are just shit.

If the players don't bite then fuck em, 2 weeks later have a Greater Daemon be summoned in the ritual or whatever
>>
>>50772625
Even if they do summon a Greater Daemon and it lays waste to the entire city, the party doesn't care and is already far enough to avoid all harm.
>>
>>50772756
Sooner or later they can't run.

If they ignore plot hooks once or twice, fine, but why are they fucking bothering if they aren't willing to, y'know, do something?

Stick em in the End Times if it gets that fucking bad, run from the end of the world you fucks.
>>
>>50772920
The point is that my GM used to make adventures in which at best you gain a rusty knife and at worst your entire party gets killed.
>>
File: Big_battle02_small.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Big_battle02_small.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Grail pilgrims are coming to Total War
>>
>>50769634
That's honestly just the players being smart and getting in character. It IS a bit metagamey, since I assume this was behavior learned from painful experience, but what fucking lunatic besides a Bretonnian or a Norscan would actively go seeking fights for no pay?
>>
Playing TWW, my experiences:
>Empire: slow slog, Chaos invades and wreks me
>VC: fast expansion, Chaos invades and we have a cold war
>Dwarfs: fast expansion, Chaos invades and I become a superpower

Elaboration on the last: Chaos armies batter themselves against my walls to no avail. Wiped out the VC for lulz when another Dwarf and Karl were interested in seeing them gone. Empire, Border Princes and Marienburg are all that's left of mankind, the Red Duke and Wood Elves battle for control of Bretonnia. The Empire only survives because Thorgrim has set up camp with 19 Gyrobomber units in the Moot. Making so much gold I may max out. Archaon destroyed by three armies of Slayers lead by Ungrim, the Vampires gave me more trouble than them. Currently harvesting science.

The only problem is Warriors keep invading western Badlands, and my Dwarfs just can't chase the fuckers down on the campaign map.

Also,
>Give Karl 10k gold gift
>"I'll place this in the vaults below Altdorf!"
>Altdorf was destroyed 10 turns ago, Warriors have been camping out there ever since
>Karl has been rooming with Halflings and Thorgrim's flying circus
>>
Anybody else enjoying the new Dwarf-focused Vermintide DLC?
>>
>>50768942
Good, but need more leopard skins
>>
>>50773347
Archaon always was a pussy.
>>
File: Archaon bio.png (80KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon bio.png
80KB, 780x780px
>>50774095
>>
File: Vermintide explained.jpg (355KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Vermintide explained.jpg
355KB, 1280x853px
>>50773715
I'm enjoying it. Haven't got the weapons on those levels. Escaping in the last bit with the rune is hectic.
>>
>>50774449
>all edge is bad
I want this meme to die.
>>
>>50773098
Kick ass.
>>
>>50774862
No, we like Sigvald, Wulfrik, and so on. Just not Edgemaster Supreme.
>>
File: rf 31.png (113KB, 373x335px) Image search: [Google]
rf 31.png
113KB, 373x335px
>>50774449
oh my fucking god, that's perfect
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.