[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General: Bad Decisions for Lahmian Nookie Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 89

Warhammer Fantasy General.

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
>>50726735
What kind of vampires are Mousillon's nobles?
That dress and haircut look really bretonnian to me.
>>
>>50726735
>>50726005

I could honestly see Tilea or Estalia hitting the industrial revolution before the Empire, it depends what resources they have available

The infrastructure is slightly more open to development with a lack of vast quantities of beasties lurking in dark woods

It's ok to say beastmen are no much for tech but the empire needs to be lucky clearing them all the time, the beastmen just once.

On anothrt note. The elves and college of magic really need to come up with a safe disposal method for warpstone as well, no good burying it. If it's really congealed magic you'd think there would be a way to channel it off or utilise it somehow
>>
>>50726784
The Mousillon book doesn't specify, and I've never seen any indication what they are.

I imagine there are a fair number of Blood Dragons and not a few Strigoi who can find easy prey in that horrible place. I'm not sure if Lahmians would bother with its debased nobles, though they might back Mallobaude. The Necharchs may find it a magical curiosity.

I think there are a lot of mud-blood and independent vamps there, though. The WFRP 2e sourcebook provides an example vampire NPC who is one of Mallobaude's strongest supporters, but he doesn't have any identifiable bloodline.
>>
File: Wh_brt_army_morale_up_big_ne.jpg (731KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wh_brt_army_morale_up_big_ne.jpg
731KB, 1600x900px
For the lady!
>>
>>
Im Dming a WFRP game and my players are likely to come into some land soon, but half the town is likely to hate them because they sided with a different faction in a minor civil war that happened in the campaign.
How can the PCs win them over?
>>
>>50727741
Feasts
Temples
Cash
Employment
>>
>>50727741
Save them from something nasty. Beastmen are an obvious answer.
>>
Here's a question - how do Bretonnian nobles handle bastards? Can a noble/peasant bastard (assuming the father was noble) be a knight? I know he can't have any noble title, since his mother's side are all peasants. What about great bastards (children of unmarried or adulterous nobles)? Can THEY have knighthood? Technically they qualify for titles too, going by the WFRP sourcebook.
>>
>>50724135
>The Empire has a middle class and high wages (relatively). It has universities and engineering schools. It has newspapers, a postal system and semaphore lines.
>newspapers, a postal system and semaphore lines.
I've never seen it having any of those things
>>
>>50727972
It has agitators in the main Wfrp book with pamphlets, a few adventures have mentions of printing presses.
>>
File: Career_Compendium-153.jpg (530KB, 1482x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Career_Compendium-153.jpg
530KB, 1482x1643px
>>50727972
I got you famalam.
Can't find the postal service at the moment. It might be mentioned with Coachmen somewhere.
>>
File: Coachmen-7.jpg (67KB, 565x234px) Image search: [Google]
Coachmen-7.jpg
67KB, 565x234px
>>50728147
Here's something at least.
>>
>>50727214
omeg
>>
>>50728147
>>50728362
Which version of the Career Compendium do THOSE come from? Mine doesn't have all that.
>>
So, can halflings be spellcasters in WFRP2? I have this vague recollection that they can't but there seems to be no rule against it.
>>
File: 1451945874462.jpg (378KB, 1384x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1451945874462.jpg
378KB, 1384x1096px
>>50727972
>semaphore lines
>lines

I don't know about lines, but there's certainly semaphore towers. Probably only for official business, though. Or working by some system of prioritization.
>>
>>50728704
By fluff they can't, no. Chaos has no ability to interact with Halflings. Well, I know that Ogres are the same but they CAN be effected by Chaos if exposed to enough for long enough, so maybe Halflings can, but it would be extremely rare and unlikely.

Mechanically I don't remember if there is anything in WHFRP 2e that says either way. I imagine it's possible, but as above it should be very unlikely.
>>
>>50728704
Halflings have Resistance to Chaos. They can't get mutations and never get a Magic stat.
>>
>>50728704
I just figured it out!

Halflings are tiny voracious eaters because all those calories are used to produce chaos resiting proteins.
>>
>>50728826
Interestingly, though, dwarves have Resistance to Magic, which does not have the same limitation, even though - as far as I know - dwarves cannot become wizards either, by the fluff.
>>
>>50728884
>Halflings are tiny voracious eaters because all those calories are used to produce chaos resiting proteins.

Genius! Let's call them midichorians!
>>
>>50728904
Dwarfs can, in rare cases, but they succumb to the Curse of Stone which is described in Tome of Corruption for Chaos Dwarfs. They're meant to be resistant to magic, able to shape it in physical ways rather than flat out immunity.
>>
>>50728918
I don't think it would be very smart to put something that likely farts free radicals into a mitochondria.
>>
>>50728943
That seems quite explicitly to only apply to either specifically Chaos Dwarves, or specifically Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers.

It does say that "Dwarfs are not suited to magic", but it doesn't explain why, and the Core Rulebook also doesn't seem to restrict things.

Also, I found this http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarf_Wizard#fn_1a which is obviously a bit dated, being from 1st edition. But it could set a precedent. It would mean going to the Colleges, however, and I'm not sure wht he dorfs would think of that.
>>
>>50729026
That's dwarfs in general. It may have been different in older editions, but from the modern 6th and on dwarfs were not meant to use magic that wasn't through runes. A runelord from the War of Vengeance series was focusing magic by himself and he turned into stone.

Dwarf wizards were phased out through editions. So the Curse of Stone applies to the dwarfs this thread deals with, namely 6th and 7th WHFB and 2nd edition WFRP.
>>
>>50729026
>In contrast, the Dwarfs believe that the magic granted by the Ancestor Gods to their clergy is very reliable. It is, they claim, as incorruptible as Runic magic.

Ooooh, it's funny because there's no rules for dwarven priests in WFRP2 or dwarven deities ooooohaha, it's funny because there's no dwarven supplement at all, hahaaaa.
>>
File: 1452350758747.jpg (154KB, 725x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452350758747.jpg
154KB, 725x1000px
>>50729099
Alright, just odd that the Core Rulebook doesn't mention it or that the Realms of Magic or Tome of Corruption doesn't address it. It's extra odd because it really seems like the Core Rulebook adheres to the same idea, never mentioning dwarf wizards at all, but never actually explaining anything around it, nor prohibiting it.

It's just very weird.
>>
>>50729160
With 2nd edition you kinda need to search for stuff a bit more than usual. It's a great game but it really needed an editor to go through and sort things out. You have 'no dwarf wizards without consequences' in ToC and the rules for surgery and being drunk in random areas of Old World Armoury.
>>
>>50729201
>You have 'no dwarf wizards without consequences' in ToC
Thing is, they could've written that section to apply to all dwarves, and specify that this rule also applies to non-Chaos Dwarves. Not doing so seems intentional.

But at the same time, the very idea of dwarven wizards is never addressed in the Core Rulebook or Realms of Magic, or really touched upon much, yet there's no rules against it in neither of them, either.

If the intent was to add a rule saying dwarves can't normally be wizards, it could easily have been errata'd. But it wasn't. Not mentioning it just seems as intentional as not prohibiting it.

Like I said, it's just very odd, like they weren't actually sure, didn't want to make a rule against it, but also didn't want to actually write about the concept of dwarven wizards.
>>
>>50729290
I can't exactly quote a line about the issue, as I'm at work and don't have my books with me but I recall a similar thing said in Rogue Crowns about dwarf princes not being priests or wizards. Again, can't confirm until later but I always rule the Curse of Stone in my games as it makes sense since Dawi and Daw'Zharr stem from the same source and the Old Ones likely implanted that in their DNA to keep them with runic magic.
>>
>>50729290
>>50729201
Actually, nevermind, Realms of Sorcery does specifically address it, in the section on rune magic. I'm fucking retarded.

It does say "fundamentally incapable to", though. It is slightly odd, because the way it's written, this would also exclude divine magic (which is fundamentally the same, but exhibited and practiced differently).

But at the same time, Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers were, as far as I'm aware, always described as wizard-priests, that they essentially channeled arcane magic through divine means, meaning that they used priestly ways to force wizardly force through themselves, which is why they get fucking stoned. It has to be forced somehow, because dwarves cannot use magic naturally.
>>
>>50729365
Divine magic and sorcery are one and the same, magic flowing from the Realm of Chaos just by a different name. The term sorcerer-priest is simply a name as the Chaos Dwarfs owe their existence and magic to Hashut who saved them from rampant mutation and taught them sorcery. They're wizards that also rule through religion, more sorcerer than priest as humans know them.
>>
One of my players had an interesting what-if with Hashut rather than 'lolanotherchaosgod,' that Hashut might be a lost Ancestor God who advocated the forbidden use of magic and was, consequently, cast out from his people and stricken from the records for proposing something so profane.
>>
>>50729406
No, magic comes from the winds not chaos.
>>
>>50729720
The winds are Chaos, everything flows from the warp.
>>
>>50729406
>Divine magic and sorcery are one and the same

Yes and no. They stem from the same source, but like I said, they are exhibited and practiced differently. This is evidenced by the fact that Witchsight gives you very, very different images depending whether it's some form of "priest" or some form of "wizard" that does the casting.

Wizards (usually) rely on boiling magic down to a science, isolating the appropriate wind(s), using them with precise intent. It's theory and practice and calculations.

Priests seem to rely on intuition, their intense belief, and their imposition upon (or being imposed upon) some otherworldly force. By all accounts, they should be utilizing Dhar, since they do not recognize the winds of magic or the purposeful use of any specific one, but they are evidently not, and assuming that they are using "whatever's available" (also a form of Dhar) they still manage to escape the corruption that would strike any arcane wizard that did the same.

>con'd
>>
>>50729909
>con't
It is never explained anywhere what the exact differences are, but it's made clear in Realms of Sorcery (and somewhat in Tome of Salvation) that they are very different, even if they stem from the same source (unknown to the practitioners; the priests very much believe that the divine are granting them favours, and so likely does many imperial wizards, at least to some degree, even if the highest wizards likely can guess at the origins - voicing them might be seen as heresy, though).

And as much as I know that deities are essentially coalesced warp-essence and not individual personas, we cannot deny that they manifest within the Realms of Chaos as if they would be, and their actions or interactions cannot be wholly dismissed when it comes to the nature of prayer and the powers of "divine" spellcasters.

So when it comes to the Chaos Dwarves, I have no difficulty believing that they recognize sorcery for what it is; an arcane science, with the power stemming straight from the warp, that can be manipulated in a purposeful and precise manner, utilizing essentially scientific models, but they also know that their literal God is within the warp, and channel his powers through themselves as an act of faith and willpower.

Knowing this, having opened the door, they can then practice their wizardly arts in a way that regular dwarves would or could not. It's probably much like sucking a golfball through a garden-hose. And this would quite literally make them both priests and sorcerers in a way that, for example, elven "priests" are not (because even the elven priesthood fully recognizes that all of this is from the warp, and adheres to principles of magic which more "ignorant" races does not).

>>50729720
The Winds of Magic are quite literally Chaos. Condensed warpstuff that have yet to take form or crystallize within realspace. They pour out of the northpole, flowing down over the world, until they are drained at The Vortex at the center of Ulthuan.
>>
File: Hashut.jpg (20KB, 239x340px) Image search: [Google]
Hashut.jpg
20KB, 239x340px
>>50729690
>what-if with Hashut ... might be a lost Ancestor God
This would not surprise me at all, since, in a meta sense, we know that all gods are practically chaos gods, it is just that they manifest in different ways based on the beliefs and emotions and so forth exhibited by sentient creatures and such. While there's nothing ever confirming this, this has actually been part of my headcanon for a while, I just don't talk about it, since it's just a funny "what-if", or baseless conjecture.

But it is entirely possible that Hashut is indeed a bonafide Ancestor God that either was corrupted or became corrupted. I was also toying with the idea that the Chaos Dwarves are the more legitimate heirs, and a splinter from am ancient civil war of succession. From there on out, things have just gone increasingly sideways, and the other dwarves refuse to talk about it because of muh grudges, but actually share a collective feeling of shame over the chaos dwarves.

Not because they are chaos dwarves, but because it was their stubborn nature and refusal to reconcile that eventually drove the followers of Hashut into the arms of Chaos out of sheer necessity.

Just spitballing, but I like the ideas. Hashut was once the the god of rulership, nobility, and fire (inner and literal), and his priesthood stood watch over the centuries, eventually taking the final sacrifice of not joining the ancestors, but to always guard over the lines of succession and the remains of dwarvenkind. Still, today, in the most ancient of holds, it is like the eyes of some of the most venerable, primordial dwarven statues follow you wherever you go, their hearts ablaze with the ever-burning hate of betrayal, their charge cast aside, their sacrifice for naught.
>>
>>50729690
That's a fine theory but there's no evidence for it. As far as I know Hashut is a Greater Daemon that's been imprisoned in a hill
>>
>>50730244
>the most venerable, primordial dwarven statues

>Don't go in there, not into that hall. We no longer go there.
>What's wrong with it?
>We no longer go there. Not since.. then. It is ill fate.
>What is in there?
>Only death and memories. It is naught but ill fates & bad luck. Come. This way.
>>
>>50730300
There's actually evidence against it, as the Dawi who went over the mountains said they had no Ancestor God rise up to save them which was why they were lost and became so bitter and desperate that their king had to make a deal with Hashut in order to save his people. It's still a somewhat interesting idea, though I stick with the Bloodthirster who dabbled in magic and was hunted for it.

>>50730352
Askin' questions your elders told you to drop...you better believe that's a grudgen'
>>
>>50727938
Depends if the bastard got some noble patrons wanting to fuck their rivals up, I'd say.
Nothing better that counterclaiming your opponents with a naive and easily controlled half-brother/sister.

Apparently they can have titles if they prove themselves worthy, like Mallobaude and Barbenoire seems to indicate.
>>
File: one_sad_dwarf[1].jpg (194KB, 419x576px) Image search: [Google]
one_sad_dwarf[1].jpg
194KB, 419x576px
>>50730244
>>50730352
>Hashut

He is the Father of Darkness, for his children was left to linger in it.
>>
>>50730379
Nah, a minor Daemon Prince of some sort or genus locii who has been shaped by the Chaos Dwarves as much as worshipping him has shaped them.

I'm a big fan of the warp is a mess of powers other than the big 4 as you can tell.
>>
File: Endrin[1].jpg (96KB, 612x458px) Image search: [Google]
Endrin[1].jpg
96KB, 612x458px
>>50730379
>the Dawi who went over the mountains said they had no Ancestor God rise up to save them

That's actually interesting, if you think about it, depending on how you interpret it. Can a regular dawi be trusted in this? After all, it is very easy to say that "they had no Ancestor God" if you cast them out. They became "lost" because Hashut wasn't a "true" Ancestor God, and as the other dwarves waged war against them and then refused them aid, the cultural idea of the "true" Ancestor Gods not being of the Chaos Dwarves, not helping them, not only grew, but became ingrained.

>It is their own fault. They should've been true. Why wouldn't they listen? The Ancestors have cast them out, it is in their hands now, it is not for us to judge. Let them stand by the golden bull if need be, see if it helps them.
>But father, Grungni teaches us to know our kin and be true to them, isn't it up to...
>Silence, child! The matter is settled, I say! My decision is final. Steward. Let it be known to close the great gates of Everpeak. The back of Karaz-a-Karak is turned. Send word to Karak Kadrin. The pass is sealed. None shall pass. None.
>>
>>50730465
Even *if* it was a Daemon Prince or even a minor Daemon or some shard of Khorne and Tzeentch at first, or even a legitimate Ancestor God, it doesn't actually matter overly much today. It's Hashut now, a legit god, chaos or otherwise.

As for the background, it's pure speculation. Might as well make it interesting.
>>
This could easily tie into why Karaz Kadrin has had slayer kings since -650 IC. This'd mean that the split took place "only" about 3000-3200 years ago, which in dwarven terms (with a lifespan of 400-500 years) "only" means 6-or-so generations.

Humans couldn't possibly grasp that, but to dwarves, this would still be part of their collective cultural memory, even if they actively tried to keep quiet about it out of shame. It's possible the elves would know, though, but it is far from a given.

This'd mean that the Chaos Dwarves may share the general dwarven hatred of elves, too, since the War of the Beard occurred much, much, much further back yet (-3000 IC or more, if I remember correctly).

Does chaos dwarfs list and catalogue grudges in the same way as "regular" dwarfs?

Completely random question - what happened to the Phoenix Crown? It may be covered in some source, but all I find is that it's in the hoards of Karaz-a-Karak.

What if part of the reason dwarfs are completely unable to reconcile with the elves, despite fighting on the same side in the Storm of Chaos (for example) is because they would have to (or feel that they would have to) return the Phoenix Crown - but they don't have it. The Phoenix Crown is actually in Zharr Naggrund.
>>
>>50730380
Mallobaude operates out of Mousillon, and they care much less about Bretonnian social order. But fair point, even before he fell, he wasn't just a knight but got to drink from the Grail. Was he a great bastard or a regular one?
>>
>>50731082
Apparently he's Louen's bastard, which doesn't make sense as Louen is a Grail Knight. We don't know much more than that, so we don't have details as to why he's a bastard.
>>
>>50731174
Louen wasn't always a Grail Knight, he was a young stud once
>>
File: 1480886932100.png (2MB, 1024x975px) Image search: [Google]
1480886932100.png
2MB, 1024x975px
>>50731074
I doubt if the elves would know much of a dwarfen split. The elves always looked down on the dwarfs to some degree. The only one to really respect and understand them was, ironically, Malekith, who used his knowledge of their sense of honor and his knowledge of his own kin's pride to set them at odds.
>>
>>50731190
It's always possible he was raped, too, or forced into a tryst by some cage of honor and obligation. Depending on which version of Arthur you believe in, his sister deceived him to beget Mordred, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true of Mallobaude.
>>
>>50731190
Well he left for the Quest as a young man and came back home as a silver haired adult. When Mallobaude was born is unknown so if it had to happen, it had to be during the Quest which would have excluded him from the Grail. I just don't see the flower of chivalry rutting some noble girl without marrying her or cheating on his wife.
>>
>>50731235
Remember what Chivalry is, the bullies code, with all the hypocrisy and lies that entails.

Might not even be a noble girl.
>>
>>50731258
Except Grail Knights are the embodiment of what true chivalry is. You can't become one without being the best guy ever while also kicking a tonne of ass. A Knight of the Realm may bend or break the code, but not the Grail Knights. If you're not pure of heart you won't survive the Grail's waters.
>>
>>50727938
Theoretically, anyone can be a knight. They just need to be knighted. This is harder depending on where you're from, who you are, what your ancestry is, and so on.

But strictly speaking, you don't have to be a noble-born. I'd say that bastards would make pretty common knights, because it gives them an elevated position without having to recognize them as heirs. It's all very proper, really.
>>
>>50731300
You can still fuck around and be pure of heart
>>
>>50731357
>>50727938

That's wrong for Bretonnia. The WFRP book says that only twice in history have peasants or non-nobles become nobles. Both times they "conveniently" died in their first battle from stabs in the back.
>>
File: Coachmen.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Coachmen.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50728580
The Newssheet Vendor is in the Career Compendium.
The Coachman paragraph is from pic (file?) related.
The Semaphore paragraph is from The Enemy Within.
>>
>>50731363

Not really. In the arturian ethos that the Grail stuff is based on (or in reality at all, but this is more skub) the Lancelot or Arthur can't find the Grail.

Only Percival, guy who never have touched woman with a lewd thought can.

But the Lady of the Lake is a cunning elf. She may have deemed big L ,,close eunough" and then his only sin of the past comes and scarres his Kingdom for life.
>>
>>50731074
The Phoenix Crown is still in Karaz-A-Karak, the only trophy they have that retains its original form, as the dawi like to melt down enemy trophies and forge them into something to commemorate the battle.

Source: Grudgelore
>>
File: 00071715.jpg (143KB, 682x1010px) Image search: [Google]
00071715.jpg
143KB, 682x1010px
So my WFRP party might be spending winter in a Dwarf Karak and that seems like an opportunity for ADVENTURE.
I'm thinking Greenskins and snowy mountain passes are the order of the day, but this is WFRP so there needs to be some intrigue too.
I might take some inspiration from The Fifth Elephant and Thud! by Terry Pratchett for dwarven internal politics, but has anyone else got some decent ideas?

Also, what's a good diplomatic gift from Humans to Dwarves to cement an alliance? I doubt human craftmanship is going to impress, and raw gold or gems seems like a bribe. The return of some artifact or other would be good, but I doubt they have any to hand.
>>
Anyone ever bothered to scan the colour parts of the Mordheim rulebooks?
>>
Any WFRP 2nd edition PDFS??
>>
>>50731996
Can it be trusted? Could it be a ruse?
>>
>>50732242
google + khorne.ru + pdf's name
>>
>>50732150
There is a WH book where Dwarfes hold grudge against a certain imperial noble family for their ancestor aquired "slightly used gyrocopter, no strings attached" that was stolen generations ago.

Dworfs INSIST that it should be brought back to them. I think that dwarfs apprciate some justice, so gettig back what is rightfully theirs may be the point.

And everything goes south quickly when it gets stolen from your players nose by the skaven!
>>
>>50732243
Well I mean their king literally looted it from the Pheonix King's body upon kicking his ass in single combat, so unless you want to make it being a fake a plot device in your game I'm fairly certain it's legitimate

Neat thought, though, one of the most valued trophies of the Karaz Ankor being a fake.
>>
>>50732242
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!kF4GASgC

Here you go senpai
>>
>>50732277
Funnily enough, they will be accompanying a gyrocopter pilot there anyway.

Part of the reason they're going is that the pilot crashed his gyrocopter while helping out the Empire, getting horribly burnt in the process. The party are going to help him get back home and are taking something to say thanks to the dwarves too, because it turns out the Empire really like having allied gyrocopters scouting blackfire pass.
>>
Best wfrp campaign besides enemy within?
>>
>>50732496
I haven't run it, but The Thousand Thrones seems pretty decent.
Liber Fanatica has a fair amount of supplementary support for it too.
>>
>>50731640
And yet Mallobaude was a knight, and got to drink from the Grail. Do great bastards count as nobles as far as the Crown and Lady are concerned?
>>
>>50732294
Thank you famma lamma
>>
>>50732150
>Also, what's a good diplomatic gift from Humans to Dwarves to cement an alliance?

Settle a dwarfen grudge or keep an important oath when the time comes. Dwarfs value nothing more than those things. Help a dwarf settle an important grudge? You're in. My party actually did that, recovering an ancestral weapon from an orc warboss.
>>
>>50732496
Mine. :^)
>>
>>50732150
The heads of a hated goblin tribe and their boss to dance for the dwarfs amusement. Dwarfs value actions over words and gifts they will probably tut over.
>>
File: Siege-of-the-Saxons-1024.jpg (161KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Siege-of-the-Saxons-1024.jpg
161KB, 1024x576px
Was watching Siege of the Saxons on TV and now I want to start a Bretonnian army. Damn it!
>>
>>50732659
Most lore around Mallobaude's origins is vauge or not concrete.
Him being a bastard of Louen is a theory. If it were true I believe he would then be the "son" of some other noble and his unfaithful wife, making him still nobility. But bastards can drink from Mallobaude's black grail.
>>
>>50733364
Mallobaude drank from the real Grail, it just didn't take.
>>
>>50733236
Anon, why wouldn't you want to play Bretonnia?

>>50733412
I maintain that he had one final test but failed due to his pride. He was said to be the best, probably King worthy, so not being rewarded probably made him super bitter.
>>
>>50733592
He explicitly drank from the Grail, though. Something just went wrong and he saw through the illusion and glimpsed some 'terrible truth.' Do you mean you prefer to ignore that and go with a slightly different version?
>>
File: 1476134847076.jpg (382KB, 1792x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1476134847076.jpg
382KB, 1792x1343px
>>50734057
That's just my interpretation of the 'truth' he saw. One man's truth is anothers snap judgment. Let me quote the Bretonnian book on this one;
>>Throughout all, the quest is always foremost in the knight's mind, daring to hope that one day his efforts will be rewarded with a sight of the Grail. Few Questing Knights ever achieve this honour, many are slain in combat with mighty and fearsome foes. Others live their whole lives without sight of the Grail, their souls in constant yearning for it.

The test, in my mind, was not to become the best and be worthy of the Grail. It was to be so close, to gain almost everything you want but still not complete your Quest. A truly pious man would have accepted his fate, squared his shoulders and got back on his horse to continue his travels. Even if it meant travelling into old age.

Instead he drank and when there was no fanfare or a feeling of power surging through him, he thought it was a shame. It's not that he was a bad man, just an impatient one.

But that's just how I personally feel how it went down, and how I plan to run it in WFRP if my players ever go to Mousillon.
>>
File: 356468453.png (16KB, 167x200px) Image search: [Google]
356468453.png
16KB, 167x200px
>>50734137
>you will never spend your life in epic quest and be blessed by the lady of the lake
>>
File: 2013-07-09-rollthedice.jpg (2MB, 980x7251px) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-09-rollthedice.jpg
2MB, 980x7251px
>>50734186
Do it. Be a crazy shit because this comic says it's cool.

But in all seriousness, that's basically the whole point of the Quest. It isn't easy, it isn't quick. Even if you may meet all the criteria you still might not be worthy, but that's okay. You can just keep Questing for your stacked Lady.
>>
>>50733412
I know Mallobaude himself drank from the real grail. I was saying he is noble and the bastard part isn't fully confirmed one way or another. And even if it were confirmed it's possible he is still noble due to being raised by whatever loyal family Louen cucked. But isn't Mallobaude himself also said to have a "Black Grail" that anyone can drink from that is distinct from the real grail.
>>
>>50734214
this comic perfectly summarizes men.
>>
File: 1364151953481.jpg (155KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1364151953481.jpg
155KB, 900x900px
>>50731300
>Except Grail Knights are the embodiment of what true chivalry is
>>
File: 1477910239334.png (82KB, 750x835px) Image search: [Google]
1477910239334.png
82KB, 750x835px
>>50734312
Say that to my face in the field fucker and not in the forest and see what happens.
>>
>>50734254
Mentally ill men, sure.
>>
File: 1477616530994.jpg (276KB, 992x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1477616530994.jpg
276KB, 992x1203px
Favourite moments in WHFB?WFRP?

One of mine, as I can't choose from a few of them, was a portal that lead directly to Altdorf, a kind of magic-tech device that connected all over the globe from Lustria, to Norsca and even to Zharr Naggrund. Once my players had stepped through and the sensation of being transported hundreds of miles faded, they were greeted by a Witch Hunter with at least fifteen handgunners with their guns locked and loaded and as many men with halberds wearing full plate waiting for them. It was the first time in the history of our group that they completely surrendered without as much as a remark or some kind of whispering as to how to get out of this situation. Probably born of experience as they had taken the portal several times and knew that there was a cool down time to using it, not short enough to survive a firing squad.
>>
>>50735662

So an Eldar Webway Portal?
>>
File: ezgif_1951902325.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif_1951902325.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>50735680
If you think Old Ones/Lizardmen, essentially yes. The idea behind was that the Slann and skinks of the days when the world was being ordered and the races were first made these portals would be used by teachers and geneticists to travel quickly, thus the lack of room for more than a small group. Heavily guarded they aren't used by the powers that be to assault another nation/race, but once in a while you might get a cult trying to use it to further their goals or an adventurer party setting it off by accident or desperation. Usually ending in a hail of gunfire, if on the Imperial side.
>>
>>50727972
I was reading Gilead's Curse and towards the end they spend a lot of time in a University.
>>
>>50735662
I was DM. Pulled out a lesser demon to scare my low-level party. Halfling procc'd Ulric's Fury on a sling and killed it in one hit.
>>
File: 1476679863247.jpg (527KB, 946x914px) Image search: [Google]
1476679863247.jpg
527KB, 946x914px
>>50735839
How many? One of the moments I abosoultey love is when someone gets Ulric's, and then a second, and when the third one drops the whole group is counting THREE! FOUR! FIVE! with him. Even if it's this big baddie I've been building up for ages, it's still infectious.
>>
>>50735886
two
>>
File: 1479198723993.png (588KB, 437x750px) Image search: [Google]
1479198723993.png
588KB, 437x750px
>>50735929
Still bretty good, for a halfling.
>>
File: 82.jpg (73KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
73KB, 428x600px
>>50733592

Because they're French.
>>
File: tumblr_nel7vzuA6T1so6usgo4_1280.jpg (130KB, 641x408px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nel7vzuA6T1so6usgo4_1280.jpg
130KB, 641x408px
>>50736070
Even if you're thinking 'cheese eating surrender monkeys', without knowing the history of the invasion of France, the French kicked ass and took names in the medieval period.
>>
File: 16.jpg (40KB, 480x606px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
40KB, 480x606px
>>50736129

It was a joke anon.

They're not even French.
>>
File: 1476012023262.png (116KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476012023262.png
116KB, 900x900px
>>50736216
Sarcasm doesn't translate in text.

Plus Bretonnians are English + French = Never conquered! & Long live King Arthur!
>>
File: 4pnc.jpg (34KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
4pnc.jpg
34KB, 425x340px
>>50736070
England is like those cowards who get all cocky in the internet, sending Navy seal copypastas.

The diffrence is that it's just island, not internet. ;^)

France have lost it's ballsack in the course of WWI.

Bretonia is mix of those two anyway (arturian mytho and Robin Hood are not really French), as Albion was never really expanded on if you exclude McDeath.
>>
File: 7.png (165KB, 705x847px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
165KB, 705x847px
>>50736271

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little Goblin? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Nuln Gunnery School, and I’ve been involved in numerous wars in Bretonnia, and I have over 300 confirmed misfires. I am trained in grapeshot warfare and I’m the top Griffon sniper in the entire army of the Empire. You are nothing to me but just another Stirland peasant. I will wipe you the fuck out with ballistic skill the likes of which has never been seen before in the Old World, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me though the winds of magic? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Witch Hunters across the land and your Chaotic cult is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm (of magic), maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, child. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my mortar. Not only am I extensively trained in black-powder combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Nuln Engineering school and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable arse off the face of the Empire, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will rain Sigmar's fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, lickspittle.
>>
File: 1480928664886.png (6KB, 252x243px) Image search: [Google]
1480928664886.png
6KB, 252x243px
>>50736389
Saved.
>>
File: elf daughterfu.jpg (671KB, 1200x1719px) Image search: [Google]
elf daughterfu.jpg
671KB, 1200x1719px
ELF WAIFUS WHEN?
>>
>>50737071
>>SINCE ALWAYS
Come to Quenelles!
Be knightly!
Fuck big titty elf bitches!
>>
>>50732280
No, I think that absolutely happened, but the Zharr'Dawi split could've happened much later. Has anyone else actually SEEn the Phoenix Crown since after roughly -700 to -600 IC?
>>
File: 3.png (21KB, 339x345px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
21KB, 339x345px
Lads, I have something I have to get off my chest.

When AoS came out I fucking hated it.

But the lack of Fantasy players wore me down.

I'm... I'm using AoS rules for games of Fantasy.

I don't read or care about any of the shit new lore and I cherish my BRB and army books but in terms of rules I've kind of learned to accept AoS. It's the only way I can get games and basically I'm kind of enjoying it, it's just fast and I can use units that haven't been out the case for months.

My models will always hail from the Old World and they'll always be on squares but the days of wheeling blocks are over for me.
>>
>>50737200
Grudgelore states its still within Karaz-A-Karak and that's about it as far as I know, why?
>>
>>50734243
I get the feeling the Black Grail contains his blood and turns people into vampires.
>>
I have a Dwarfen foce of about 600 points, and I look towards simillar forces for stunties to compete with.

I will propably easily gather 500 points of Empire from my Mordheim minis.

What armies are cheapest in terms of the lowest figure count?

I thought about expanding my O&G, but thats hell of figures. How about Vampire lords?
>>
>>50735662
>Favourite moments in WHFB?WFRP?
Once, exactly ONCE, my WFRPG character stopped adventuring after multiple careers and becoming a serious martial force to be reckoned with and retired with enough money to invest and not worry about adventuring anymore unless he wanted to or they paid him a LOT of money.

That is a fucking accomplishment in this game.
>>
>>50731976
The grail quest is basically a way to forge better men, you start off as a dickhead and through hardship and trials you become pure

It's classic
>>
>>50737323
>two months later he was murdered and used as a plot hook for a plucky rat catcher, a burgher and an envoy to investigate

>they died
>>
>>50737316
ogres, you could run a natures bounty welf list as well I spose anon
>>
>Warhammer
>posts Liliana
>>
File: strangelove.gif (428KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
strangelove.gif
428KB, 500x322px
>>50737982
Yea, but on the other hand they are very expansive models. Hm, I will give it a look.
>>
>>50737966
Possibly, but the game ended before and such thing could happen.
Strange thing is, I never actually put much thought into his personality or motivations because I kept expecting him to die at any minute and thus I resolved not to particularly care or get attached to the character.
Except he didn't fucking die and four careers later I ended up with guy with WS75 and BS73 and at LEAST 50's in every other stat and I had no idea what to do with him anymore.
He wasn't invincible or anything and lots of things could kill him, but sans being spectacularly lazy and/or acting out of character of what little personality I'd given him, having him go do something plainly suicidal wasn't an option.

So basically I just quit the character and had him retire after many session of having him kill practically everything under the sun at least once rather then keep playing a combat beatstick with relatively no personality.
>>
You are tasked with making a movie about warhammer. It has to be "good" while also appealing to a mainstream audience. You can change certain things in the stories to make them better suited for screen, but no more than regular movie adaptations do. The movie can be about any faction or any character or particular event you want. The catch is it has to be set during the end times. How do you pull this off?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (367KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
367KB, 1200x1600px
don't suppose any of you guys picked up any extra grombidale codes
>>
>>50738733
hes free in a month and a half tops anon, don't worry
>>
>>50731721
That's just homebrew, though, it seems.

That said, I think it'd be absurd if the Empire didn't have some form of postal service.
>>
>>50737300
>why?

Just theorizing over the feasibility of the crown being in Zharr-Naggrund.
>>
>>50738222
>The catch is it has to be set during the end times.

I spend all the money unwisely and embezzle it, making sure to either land the movie in development hell or gets canceled.

You really had me there, for a while. Almost started something interesting. Sneaky jew.
>>
>>50738733
Haha, the jokes on them. Event-based DLC is a surefire way to make sure I never ever buy the game, because I refuse to buy games where I'm artificially locked out of content for no reason other than me having to attend something or find something or do something I cannot possibly attend, find or do.
>>
>>50738222
>make a good movie
>with a shitty ending

Sorry, "Sauron wins, everybody and their dog FUCKING EXPLODED LAD" is not a way to sell fantasy to a wider populace.

In fact many good historical biographies are discarded by Holywood, because people want happy endings. Even Gee Dubs are sucessivly atempting to make 40k more family-friendly.

So, if anything, I would make Gortek take Archaon with him to his grave in explosion of evil, magical macguffin and crawl out of crater in the very last seconds of the movie.
>>
>>50739039
all their cross promotions are free retard.
>>
>>50731235
Is Louen married? Does he have legitimate children?
>>
>>50738917
That's a web supplement from Black Industries.
So it's on the trailing end of 'official' admittedly, but it was written and published by a GW subsidiary
>>
File: Empire_Knights.jpg (422KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Knights.jpg
422KB, 1200x810px
>>50731300
>Except Grail Knights are the embodiment of what true chivalry is.
>>
File: CIFvKm-WwAA9dxv.jpg (104KB, 1300x800px) Image search: [Google]
CIFvKm-WwAA9dxv.jpg
104KB, 1300x800px
>>50738222
Something like Vermintide perhaps. Or maybe just Vermintide straight-up.
Skaven are good antagonists and iconically Warhammer. Set in the Empire from a human perspective but featuring some elf and dwarf representatives.

Have it set partly before the events of the game. Start off slowly - the skaven are mysterious and unseen, something strange is going on in the realms of men and the protagonists are investigating. There's a rising sense of trepidation and dread. Morrslieb grows in the sky.
Then go full-on disaster movie. Like The War of the Worlds but with ratmen.
>>
hey how does you guys paint blonde hair?, I was thinking of just doing yellow till its right shiny, then washes between the lines of hair till its duller/darker undertones
>>
>>50739708
I should probably note its a reikland flesh wash I plan to use
>>
File: Dwf_warriors_heads2.jpg (207KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
Dwf_warriors_heads2.jpg
207KB, 1000x604px
>>50739708
Well, blonde hair isn't yellow exactly.
The recesses should probably be dark brown, with a golden brown midtone and cream highlights.

So maybe basecoat with a good midtone, wash with the darker and then bring out the tips with the highlight.
>>
>>50739777
cheers anon, I hadn't even thought of doing highlights, ended up looking pretty neat
(I'm painting reiksguard knights. and one of the helmetless lads must have blonde hair at least)
>>
>>50739550
>That's a web supplement from Black Industries.

Oh, really? I do apologize, then, I must've missed that. As far as I'm concerned, everything WFRP2 is pretty much more canon than most other stuff, since I'm mostly interested in that game and the fluff, anyway.
>>
>>50739708
I haven't painted for shit, but based on how it works, I'd take a pretty light flesh/yellow, and then wash it in a dark brown. Mix some yellow/cream/gold only for highlights.
>>
>>50739906
>ended up looking pretty neat
Share it, faggot!
>>
>>50736235
Is there even a point in conquering Bretonnia?
Except for Bretonian brandy maybe?
>>
>>50737287
Hey man I'm thinking similarly to you. Same playing situation here. I've been thinking about making an old world map campaign. I'd rather play fantasy too but I feel like age is flavor of the month. I think it's worth it to keep the old world lore around.
>>
File: Reiks.jpg (81KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reiks.jpg
81KB, 960x720px
>>50739996
>>50740006
all in varying stages
>>
>>50740215
Looking real good to me, especially for someone unsure of how to blonde.
>>
>>50730244
>>50730352
>>50730415
>>50730612
>>50731074
I fucking love all of this.
>>
>>50740044
Bretonnia has a lot of natural resources it likely isn't using very efficiently; High Medieval societies with Late Medieval technology bases are sort of crap for really developing economies much because most taxes are paid by goods via a manorial taxation system so coinage never gets passed around much and nobody really makes any physical money at any point and so don't spend it on anything and thus the economy doesn't get much chance to grow.
>>
>>50740381
Bretonnia is said to be the Empire's rival when it comes to both trade and war, so it's likely that they exploit their resources to the point where they can sell just as well as their larger neighbour.
>>
>>50740408
it's more like the empire is constantly fighting chaos incursions and doesn't have access to it's largest port and is relatively more decentralized than bretonnia and their elf appointed dictator for life system.
>>
>>50740477
>>constantly
C'mon, they're not Kislev. Hell, the Great War didn't even properly reach the Empire.
>>
>>50740550
norscans raiding provinces like nordland or the wasteland probably don't do wonders for their economic prospects.
The empire also has to play whack-a-mole with beastmen tribes and sylvanians stirring shit up.
>>
>>50740728
Why the shit IS the Empire so decentralized anyway? It seems hugely inefficient. Like, they have people VOTE for who's king? That makes no sense.
>>
>>50740760
Go ask the Germans why, because the Empire is actually a TONED-DOWN version of how nutshit the actual Holy Roman Empire was in that it's Emperor usually seems to have some political power whereas some German Kaisers were less potent politically the the President of the United States is in his country.
>>
>>50740477
>bretonnia and their elf appointed dictator for life system
Isn't Bretonnia an electorate? I someone mentioned that a couple of threads back, how ridiculous it is that all the "good" factions that are somewhat detailed except the dwarfs are all some kind of silly democracy, and even the dwarfs seem to be a form of republic, with a king at each hold and massive autonomy.
>>
>>50740728
Norscans raid Bretonnia, they're actually worse off since Bretonnia has a massive coastline while Marienburg shares the Empire's burden. Mousillon needs to have its shit slapped every once in a while too.

>>50740760
It's only a handful of people that vote. It's called first among equals.

>>50740826
Only the Grail Companions did that, and they just decided that no ruler of Bretonnia could be crowned without first becoming a Grail Knight. After that the Fey Enchantress chooses the King and may remove him and install a new one if she so wishes.
>>
>>50740760
Why? Because political clusterfucks, that's why. Geography and centralization is hard, especially with constant infighting and bickering, and a massive feudal system, where influence stretches about as far as you can reach out and slap someone.

Like was said by >>50740787 The Empire is actually very "toned down" compared to the reality of the time period it's more or less based on. Presumably to help people make sense of it. If anything, I think it's been "dumbed down" a lot over the years, because we like having a grasp on what's going on, but with constant minor (and later major) changes to the fluff, it's become a quagmire of inconsistencies that, funnily, is pretty representative of the mess that's going on.

Maps of The Empire and the Warhammer world lacks a necessary granularity, in my opinion, which makes this hard, but the best way to think about it is probably to stop envisioning The Empire as a unified country like we (mostly) have today, and instead think of each major region as it's own nation-state, with it's rulers waging war with other nation-states, but that has to also contend with the interference and decrees of another, much more powerful state, that is actually the entirety of The Empire, technically including the own area.

And these countries are then in turn divided into much smaller entities, like dukedoms and grafs and whatnot - and that's the thing that just isn't depicted on maps, as far as I know. And those assholes are all fighting with eachother, too, on different levels, and all of them want the job of being the (Elector) Count.
>>
>>50740851
Holy shit. Source?
>>
File: HRM.jpg (824KB, 2048x2666px) Image search: [Google]
HRM.jpg
824KB, 2048x2666px
>>50740760
>>50740787
>>50740921

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
>Implying
>>
>>50740935
From the Bretonnian army book.
>>The majority of the dukes eventually agreed that Louis should take the role, but that posed another problem, for he had not drunk from the Grail of the Lady of the Lake, as had all the other dukes. And no knight, it was decreed, no matter his birth, should be able to become Lord of Bretonnia without first having the blessing of the goddess.

That ensured that Bretonnia was always ruled by a good man who could kick ass. Not necessarily a wise man, but it still didn't get into a succession crisis every few decades or have someone like Boris Goldgather at the helm.
>>
File: 1478304147598.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478304147598.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>50740995
>>
File: reikland_estates_web.jpg (1MB, 1654x2338px) Image search: [Google]
reikland_estates_web.jpg
1MB, 1654x2338px
>>50740921
I liked this map with regards to making the Empire more complex. Unfortunately I don't think it's tremendously well researched.

In a way, Total Warhammer has a pretty good depiction of the Empire. There isn't quite so much in the way of outright war, but having them province as de facto independent nations is about right.
>>
>>50739244
Nope.
>>
>>50741209
it's even fun with the easy vassalization mod since the empire quickly becomes best buds with you and you can lead doomstacks to glory.
>>
>>50740826
The High King of the Dwarves is ALSO elected by the other kings. All of the good guys are some form of democracy. Bretonnia's king is selected by the other dukes and confirmed by the Enchantress. It's retarded.
>>
>>50741751
See >>50740851
The High King has always been from Karaz-A-Karak, only being challenged by the king of Eight Peaks. And he beat the shit out of him for constantly speaking out against him.
>>
>>50741751
>All of the good guys are some form of democracy.
Daily reminder that the servants of the Old Ones have no need for elections or any other form of popularity contest. The Divine Plan is all they need.
>>
>>50741751, >>50741775
The Prince of Altdorf also has the election for Emperor slanted in his direction since he usually gets several more votes in his favor just by being who he is.
The Realms of Sorcery book notes that the real reason the Supreme Patriarch of the Colleges of Magic doesn't get a Elector seat is because politically the Empire already wouldn't stand for it since the Prince of Altdorf already has WAY too many votes thrown in with him automatically most days.
>>
>>50741926
Altdorf has the game stacked in its favour. Two Lectors, the Grand Theoginist and the Prince? And you know the Moot Elder will vote for the strongest candidate so he can go home early. It's no wonder why Middenland is so pissed during election year.
>>
>>50741751
It's legitimately historical in most instances.
The Imperial Electoral system is based on the Electoral College of the Holy Roman Empire.

The Dwarf system is based on the pre-christian Norse tradition of elective monarchy.

Note that in neither case can just anyone be elected and the voting is limited to a very small number of elites.
>>
>>50741973
Middenland has the Ar-Ulric at least.

Can the Mootland representative be nominated Emperor? I want to see Empress Hisme Stoutheart.
>>
>>50742030
The Ar-Ulric doesn't have a vote.

This is something that pisses off the Prince of Middenheim to no end.
>>
File: 1477722517118.jpg (218KB, 1401x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1477722517118.jpg
218KB, 1401x1920px
>>50742030
You have to be an Elector Count to be eligible for emperor. Electors just cast their vote, in the case of the Grand Theoginist and Ar-Ulric in the favour of their current religious representative. You'd have to have a catastrophic event to happen to have a Halfling be even considered for the throne. Like all the Elector Counts, and their sons and nephews, died in a blimp watching accident.

The Grand Theoginist's choice during the Black Plague series actually made me tear up a bit, and I wasn't even drunk.
>>
>>50742086
You gotta wonder how the shit the Empire has ever remained functional with Middenlanders so consistently pissed off at Altdorf and guys like Todbringer constantly angry at the current ruler and thinking they might be able to do a better job and having enough of an army to give them a serious go for it if they wanted.
>>
File: Sigmars_Heirs-26.jpg (72KB, 433x417px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmars_Heirs-26.jpg
72KB, 433x417px
>>50742086
?
>>
>>50742088
doesn't he decide to do a full on purge of the ecclisiarchy because the emperor's second in command knew all about their families?

Also do the religious members of the sigmarite church have families and stuff?
>>
>>50742222
I don't think Sigmarites do, as they are quite clearly based off a significantly more warlike version of the Roman-Catholic church.
Certain other Priesthoods and such might be more lenient about that sort of thing though.
>>
>>50742222
Yep. No families, no power held over them. I was honestly not expecting that. I was hoping he'd skullfuck Kressyg but he took the third road. The gromril balls on him, man.

As far as I know, it's frowned upon. I don't remember if it's outlawed or not, but most orders don't have families simply because their religion is a solitary lot. Morrites like geeky hobbies as they spend a lot of their time alone (lel) and Shallyans specifically send away handsome young men because all those pretty girls will be tempted, but they're allowed to come back when they're super old. One of my party members had a father figure like that who was as old as the hills who saved her as a baby.
>>
>>50742270
>>50742285
I remember witch hunters having families and romantic relationships.
but witch hunters are badass so they probably get all the chicks.
seriously though, witch hunters are way cooler than imperial inquisitors, since they do lead parties into the drakwald to BLAM beastmen

Also kressyg was a pretty good villain, and so was the emperor.
>>
>>50742323
Witch Hunters are pretty varied though.
Some serve the actual Sigmarite faith itself, but some actually are just highly talented mercenaries and bounty hunters that just have a specific sort of prey.

And I agree; Witch Hunters ARE cooler since they waste a lot less time maintaining their elaborate conspiracy to keep the nation functioning and instead largely focus on doing their jobs.
>>
>>50742323
I loved Kressyg and Boris, but I hated them at the same time. I remember being around 30 pages at the end of the series and I was thinking "this mother fucker better not get off scott free or I'm gonna reeeee". The ending was so satisfying. It was set up and Kressyg was a shit for literally throwing that woman into the freezer.
>>
>>50742352
So, I am assuming that other orders have their witch hunter equivalents right?
So you can have a myrmidia worshipping bounty hunter being employed by the Sigmarite church into being a full blammity blam?

>>50742356
Yeah, good villains that you love to hate. Felt like a bollywood film with cartoonish villains to me. Pretty neat with that ending.
Felt bad for mandred and his waifu though.
>>
File: 1467301107_maxresdefault-as.jpg (1006KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467301107_maxresdefault-as.jpg
1006KB, 1920x1080px
>>50742407
Which one? The guy was like a Star Wars: Rebels character with how many waifus died under his protection. Worse still is how history treated him.

I fucking loved the Skaven in that series. All the scheming, backstabbing, front stabbing, CL Werner knows how to write ratmen. I especially liked the leader of Clan Skryre, who was the boss but literally had no idea what he was doing since he stole all his inventions and assassinated their creators.
>>
>>50742407
>So, I am assuming that other orders have their witch hunter equivalents right?
Only the Cult of Morr I think, and they are vastly more concerned with hunting necromancers and the undead.
There are Witch Hunters who are OF other faiths the Sigmar, but they don't usually work for their churches, though Verenans are often investigators for JUSTICE and might pull double duty if injustice involves a Chaos cult somehow.
>>
>>50742439
I just remember mandred losing that big tittied mistress that his bodyguard killed.
that's it.
Yeah, feels bad about mandred

Van hal was the best character by far though.
Ratmen being BTFO by a morally grey necromancer was pretty neat.
>>
>>50742456
man, so a myrmidian bounty hunter sneakily becoming a witch hunter is too mary sue?
Sad!
>>
>>50742458
>big tittied mistress
Tell me more.
>>
>>50742482
he fucked a mature reiklander mistress after rescuing him from a beastman noble.
>>
>>50742477
No, not at all.
Probably happens sometimes, they're just not a Witch Hunter of Myrmidia's faith itself and probably work largely for Sigmarites or lords who want to keep a Witch Hunter on standby.

Also, if you worry about making a Mary Sue in that fashion you are not only using the term Mary Sue wrong but will also never really make anything interesting again.
>>
>>50742458
He also lost that girl in Middenheim that was well below his station, but he loved her anyway. Even though she was a pushy bitch.

She was killed by the same guy.

>>50742482
Older Reiklander woman that was into his dick that his bodyguard didn't approve of since she had no lands or titles worthy of marrying into, while the Baroness did.
>>
>>50741353
That's ridiculous.

How the hell did the 90+ year old Bretonnian King never marry?
>>
>>50742523
Lack of information. Grail Knights aren't forbidden from having sex or marrying, there's actually a chapter that opens with the Grail Chad fucking the main character's sister before the Fey Enchantress clears her throat, on the magic telephone mind you, and says there's work that needs to be done.
>>
>>50742555
Oh Grail Chad.
You are the most chivalric of Chads.
>>
>>50742555
that book on the other hand was shit.
Guardians of the forest was way better, and not just because of redheaded elf waifus.
>>
File: Damsel.png (1MB, 628x804px) Image search: [Google]
Damsel.png
1MB, 628x804px
>>50742574
Yep. I have never hated a protagonist so much that I put the book down. Sir Relous was the best part, especially his duel with the Norscan lord. It's like the writer hated Bretonnia.
>>
File: 1434024560756.jpg (17KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
1434024560756.jpg
17KB, 500x337px
>>50742616
I cheered when relous died. Guy rubbed me the wrong way.
Those norscan berserker qts were top tier.
>tfw no Jarl's daughter you capture during a raid to norsca and take as your lover and marry her and make her a sigmar worshipper while she makes strong babies with you.
>>
>>50742642
Don't you be talking shit about my husbando. Not even gay, but Relous was the best thing about that series. Everyone else was a huge cunt. Maybe not the protagonists master at arms, and, strangely, his rival who was a better knight by virtue of not being a selfpittying alcoholic.
>>
>>50742677
nah. Relous was shit.
Now the empire ambassador on the other hand
>his presence alone makes bretonnian infantry useful.
>dressed fancy as fuck
>related to Karl "SUMMON THE ELF SLUTS" Franz
>>
Mordikaar, the Reborn when?
>>
>>50742693
How is Karl Franz about elf sluts now?
Also, I was under the opinion that elves were neither particularly attracted to humans in the setting or were rather alien looiking to humans, though that might just be the 2000AD-style British Ugly People Art the franchises uses.
>>
>>50742724
elves are supposed to be attractive as fuck to humans.
Plus Karl x Naieth is OTP, because the wood elves saved shota karl
>>
>>50742741
So what, Karl "I AM PRINCE AND EMPEROR" Franz bagged an elf chick?
Truly he is Elite Human.
>>
>>50742356
>>50742407
I felt the same way when Erebus has his face peeled off by Horus.

>>50742458
>Frederick van Hal
>and the big tittied mistress of course
What book are they in?
>>
>>50742784
the one with the plague
think it's in the time of legends.
>>
>>50741751
Lexicanum claims that it's hereditary:
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/High_King

I'd love to learn more.

And with The Enchantress/The Lady only allowing the Bretonnian Kings to also be Grail Knights, it's not really a matter of them selecting someone and then the Enchantress confirming.

That said, most pre-modern European societies had elements of republicanism at some level or another. Extremely few European or eurocentric societies have been entirely despotic.
>>
>>50731074

The Chaos Dwarves were already around when they met the elves.
There is a remark about it in the book Malekith.
>>
>>50743016
>That said, most pre-modern European societies had elements of republicanism at some level or another. Extremely few European or eurocentric societies have been entirely despotic.

Despotic power requires a degree of centralized authority that is almost impossible to achieve in the Middle Ages.
Centralized monarchial power was more common during the Enlightenment Era when governments became more complex and armies became more direct and professional.
>>
>>50742086
The Ar-Ulric absolutely has a vote. What pisses them off is that it's just not that the Grand Theogonist gets a vote, but he gets two Arch Lectors as well.

>>50742144
If you look at the timeline(s), the Empire has been divided or non-functional for almost as long as it's been fully united. The entire period between 1111 and 2301 was an enormous clusterfuck, starting with a Skaven invasion that killed 90% of the population and ending with Magnus the Pious.

Well over a thousand years of imperial darkness. Comparatively speaking, the current time of relative "unity" has lasted just around 250 years or so.
>>
>>50741859
But we said good guys.
>>
>>50743129
>starting with a Skaven invasion that killed 90%

YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT MAN-THING.
LISTEN TO YOUR SCHOLARS, THEY TALK TRUE, NO SKAVEN EXIST!
>>
>>50743070
Yup. And interestingly, The Empire is smack-dab in between those two things at the moment, I'd argue. Could probably do something fun out of it.

>>50743052
Dangit. That's a long-as time. Damn.
>>
>>50743167
>Dangit. That's a long-as time. Damn.

True
It's kind of funny that the division of the Dwarves was there way before the Elves split into different factions.
>>
>>50743256
And that they refuse to acknowledge it even with the reports of Druchii trying to start shit between Asur and Dawi. They're like the child molester uncle the family refuses to talk about or even acknowledge he exists.
>>
>>50743302
>They're like the child molester uncle the family refuses to talk about or even acknowledge he exists.

kek
>>
>>50743129

Pff, still beliving this silly-silly man-thing!

There is no such a thing as Skaven, you can trust-trust me, a fellow man-thing!
>>
>>50738733
I did, im not sure if its been redeemed by the guy I gave it too.
9MT7P-0H4X3-4LGG
>>
>>50743156
>LISTEN TO YOUR SCHOLARS, THEY TALK TRUE, NO SKAVEN EXIST!
I am pretty sure there are a few Scholars that believe in the existense of Skaven.
>>
>>50744130
NOT FOR LO....I MEAN NOT WHEN IMPERICALLY PROVED THAT THEY ARE WRONG.
AND CERTAINLY NOT BRIBED OR ASSASSINATED.
>>
>>50740826
Not so strange. Imperial and Bretonnian culture are based very heavily on dwarfs and elves respectively, and they've have the electoral systems since time immemorial.
>>
>>50742323
If you go by the standard of Saltzpyre, who is considered by many of his comrades in the Order of the Silver Hammer to be open-minded and quite liberal, then Witch Hunters definitely don't get the chicks. All the Vermintide crew find him variously outright repulsive to merely tolerable.

Then again, there was a young witch hunter in the Ulrika novels that she fancied and managed to seduce. Though he was killed by Ulrika's mentor when Ulrika refused to either make a bloodswain out of him or kill him herself. After he had just saved the entire Lahmian coven in Nuln. Twice.
>>
How tight are elves pussies and asses?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Actually not mine. But she won't decide what race to play until I tell her.
>>
File: 1481519193812.jpg (313KB, 1920x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1481519193812.jpg
313KB, 1920x1097px
>>50744945
Very. Plus Wood Elves take human shotas to live forever in Athel Loren.
>>
>>50742002
In fact you would be suprised how many states were elective, because if we add ,,election from between dynasty members" the ,,true" hereditary monarchy becomes hard to find in medival Europe.
>>
File: IMG_3639.jpg (110KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3639.jpg
110KB, 1024x937px
>>50744999
Okay, thanks mate.
I guess I shouldn't complain that my GF is magical realm as fuck all the time, but it's just a little weird to ask about this shit on her behalf.
>>
>>50745053
Trust me, I'd kill for a gf that goes magical realm about stuff we like.
I'd still run a serious game but let her freak flag fly.
>>
>>50742439
Which series now? I love me some skaven cheese ratters.
>>
File: King Mouse.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
King Mouse.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>50745081
The Black Plague by CL Werner. While Nagash is one of my favourite series, their depiction of skaven, especially skaven speech, pales in comparison to Black Plague.
>>
>>50745076
Pretty much what I do.
She didn't do Warhammer stuff but she's been playing the Total War game with me in co-op with her as Wood Elves.
She's so much better at me at it that it's embarrassing. I've always sucked at RTS type combat games but she just hands me my shit every time when it comes to performance.
>>
>>50745116
What other kind of magical realm stuff does she ask? Having no shame with your partner is a good thing.
>>
>>50742724
It's a gag about how the wood elves once saved Karl Franz's life when he was young, and they gave him a gift and told him that they'd be watching.

Humans find elves attractive, extremely so. Felix Jaeger, who is no ugly dude, was completely ignored by a banging hot redheaded barbarian when Teclis was nearby, and Teclis is considered a hideous crippled gimp by elf standards.

Teclis, I believe, has some human bed-warmers (he likes twins), and the druchii keep human pleasure slaves that range from bed-warmers down to 'thing we flay then fuck to death while drinking its blood.' But Druchii are, of course, degenerates.

Hell, a slayer in G&F is (in)famous for having a three way with two elves, but he hastily defends himself by saying that only ONE was an elf, and a half-elf at that.
>>
>>50743156
I wonder who's behind this post?
>>
>>50745139
Sex slave stuff, rough sex, tentacles, monster sex, transformation sex, domination.
I DON'T have any shame but it's just awkward talking about it online. She's pretty shy about it too and was hugely embarrassed to admit she had so many but she's a life long nerd and we always collect tons of fetishes one way or another I've discovered.
>>
>>50744945
Considering elves are "humans +5," probably good enough that you'd never want to bother with a human again. That won't make it into the Bretonnian ballad about your doomed romance, though.
>>
>>50745149
So half elves ARE a thing then?
That's fairly surprising.
That has got to be an incredibly shitty hand to draw in life though.
>>
>>50744566
As settled further down, though, Bretonnia is not an electorate. The Enchantress/Lady of the Lake (likely straight-up wood elf queen) chooses a Grail Knight, that rules 4 lyfe.

The Empire system seem to not be based on the dorfs at all, either. It's a hereditary monarchy.
>>
>>50745173
Who's giving/receiving?
Can I steal her? She sounds like a keeper.

>>50745197
Yep. They don't get a lot of attention but there hasn't been any fluff that outright denies their existence or says they are impossible to my knowledge.
>>
>>50745116
what faction do you play as?
>>
>>50745197
They were. So were half-orks. Today, I'd say the guy was just full of shit.
>>
>>50745197
They were a thing in very old lore and never explicitly retconned, but even back then, half-elves are incredibly rare.

Considering that most humans fear/distrust elves and most elves consider humans to be talking vermin only slightly better than orcs, yeah, it would be a very lonely road to walk in life.
>>
File: idort2.jpg (5KB, 127x134px) Image search: [Google]
idort2.jpg
5KB, 127x134px
>>50745230
>Today, I'd say the guy was just full of shit.

You would accuse a dwarf of LYING? THAT'S GOING IN THE BOOK!
>>
>>50745173
she's a keeper anon.
>>
>>50745233
That's basically being biracial in the real world. Trust me.
>>
>>50745171
EDUCATED INDIVIDUALS!
IN ADDITION, SENDING YOUR UNWANTED OR ANNOYING CHILDREN INTO YOUR SEWERS PROVIDES AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS!
>>
>>50745219
I give, she receive.
>>50745221
Dwarves, Clan Angrund.
The nearby starting position helps.
>TRUE KING OF EIGHT PEAKS!
>>50745246
I know.
>>
>>50745281
Lovely. Now go away, you're making me sad.
>>
>>50745281
how are you holding up with the Ghost dads?
Belegar's RPG party makes the early game fun.
>>
>>50745302
They are fucking awesome.
Four total heroes at once that I don't even need to recruit? Saves me some time, and Belly himself is no slouch.
Weird thing; Wood Elves start out on good political terms with Angrun even WITHOUT co-opting with each other.
>>
>>50745354
yeah. They start off with either a NAP or a military alliance.
Durthu is the dwarf genocider.
You two should do a durthu/orion run.
>>
>>50745371
I actually ended up having to turn Durthu's ass into kindling early on just to get him to back the fuck off, and after that GF managed to get him Confederated.
>>
>>50745393
yeah. durthu is super annoying. Burning him with the skolder guard was pretty fun.
>>
>>50738222
It would be directed by Mel Gibson to start. Make it about dwarves and humans working together. Gritty but not over the top. Mel can get the tone right.
>>
>>50746103

> Mel Gibson

Let me just stop you there. I know he's been hamstrung by people in Hollywood for his anti-Semitism but even before that he was poison. He makes Bay movies, they bring in the money but they're devoid of any craft.
>>
>>50738222
A movie about the ratcatchers in Vermintide. They save the city and have lots of fun doing it. Bright Wizard bites it, though.

>>50746196
Go back to bed History Buffs. Still love your videos.
>>
File: writefag (2).png (109KB, 756x654px) Image search: [Google]
writefag (2).png
109KB, 756x654px
Fuck. Tried to writefag but clicked refresh by accident. No way to save post, but probably saves the thread from my hack writing anyway.
>>
File: sith.jpg (225KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sith.jpg
225KB, 1066x1600px
>>50747448
You can't be any worse than the guy writing the new Star Wars novels. Never hold back from sharing, anonymous.
>>
File: Dove.png (256KB, 582x474px) Image search: [Google]
Dove.png
256KB, 582x474px
>>50747981
>>Jaina was the fist to wake, her eyes screwing up against the multicoloured sky. She wasn't sure where she was, or how she got there. Wherever 'there' was. It was only moments before her heart started to race.
>>Her hands gripped her dove tipped staff in sheer terror as minions of both plague and anger assaulted her and her companions. Darrvikson was second to wake from his fever dream but he was up in seconds, shouting curses that Jaina had no word for. He crashed his axes together and chanted his death song, a tune Jaina as very familiar with at this point. So much that she could hum along even if she didn't like the message it spoke of.
>>The fight, if it could be called that, was unfair and one sided. Darrvikson was pinned beneath a great beast that licked at his face, each stroke of its tongue tearing off more and more of his beard and, terrifyingly, his flesh.
>>A man named Neuwensen was cleaved in half by a black blade wielded by a horned fiend. As it feasted on the soul of her former companion, it turned its black eyes on her.
>>Jaina's heart skipped a beat and she gripped her staff even tighter. Her temple hadn't prepared her for this. The red skinned devil charged at her, raising its blade for a killing stroke. It looked like a blur of movement as it came down. She closed her eyes and before her played a winged skeleton beckoning her.
Cont.
>>
>>50747981
>>50748511
>>CLANG
>>Jaina's eyes opened. Mere inches from her face was the black blade, stopped by a silver line of light. She had no time to react as a howl pierced her ears and forced her to her knees. All she saw was a man with archaic armour and a faded symbol on his shield. Perhaps a stag or a stallion, she couldn't be sure. His sword deflected a blow and his shield caught another as more of the redskinned fiends came rushing at him, but their efforts were for naught. His blade flashed and bisected one, beheaded another and plunged into the chest of the third.
>>The daemons backed away. Jaina was stunned as she was taught that the children of Chaos could not comprehend fear, but fear they did.
>>Blood slicked his dark green cloak and pooled around his boots of dull greys and browns. A howl of rage emitted from his helm and sounded across the landscape which reacted to his thoughts. Sharp rocks thrust upwards and the sky flashed with red lightning.
>>A plagued daemon struck at the man with a notched sword, but it snapped against his silver blade. The knight lashed out with his helmet, striking the daemon in its cyclopean eye. It fell back off of its heels but before it could hit the ground the knight flicked his sword and split it down the middle.
>>Several other daemons attempted to stand their ground but Jaina could see that they were sorely outmatched. They looked to one another for help, but it never came. The knight slashed here and there, and in moments their bodies were dissolving on the hard ground.
Cont.
>>
>>50748511
>>50748526
>>Jaina had never seen such death or carnage and she felt something in her stomach. No, her throat. It forced itself out onto the sunbaked earth, her last meal of rabbit stew which promptly danced away on tiny legs.
>>As she struggled to get back on her feet, a hand took hers. She was taken aback as the armoured man helped her to her feet and touched a piece of cloth to the corner of her mouth. She was about to thank him but a bright light flashed a few yards away. Without so much as a goodbye, the knight was gone. The she saw of him was his green cloak billowing behind him. The sound of his death howl terrifying not only to her but her companions as well. If they managed to get out of this hell they would remember it til the end of their days.
Fin.
>>
>>50747448
Notepad plus, anon.

Jot down everything you NEED to remember and try again a week or two from now. The second time around might be better, if you have the heart for it.
>>
File: 1480743265831.jpg (72KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480743265831.jpg
72KB, 600x700px
>>50748544
Shit, forgot to add one piece of dialoge. Slayer was supposed to say 'Dum Dreng...!" That's alcoholism for you.
>>
File: Brokk Back-Breaker.jpg (468KB, 2207x2303px) Image search: [Google]
Brokk Back-Breaker.jpg
468KB, 2207x2303px
>>
Pardon the ignorance but is there anywhere with pdfs of Citadel Journal issues?

Didn't see it in the pastebin though I might have missed it.
>>
>>50738222
I would make it about the Lustria portion of the End times.

It starts with a small build-up to the skaven dropping the moon on everyone, the Slann stopping them and getting knocked out from the effort, and then continues to there until the very end when they basically exterminate all the skaven and then fly away in their pyramids.

The real tricky part the Lizardmen would have almost no dialogue, while the Skaven would have a lot so people know what the fuck is going on, even though they're the badguys. They'd almost be villain protagonists except they're not supposed to win.
>>
File: woc-standard.jpg (77KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
woc-standard.jpg
77KB, 400x398px
What's a good blade to put on the tip of a WoC standard pole to turn them into halberds? I got a bunch of them and planning on making a halberd unit, but don't know what to use as the blade. Regular axe blades are too small. Orc choppas I've tried, but they're more axe and less halberdy. Would need to be something that can cut and thrust.
>>
>>50749482
Unit champ swords would be perfect
>>
You Bretonnian and Imperial children should take a hint from your Nehekharan ancestors and let your most bad assed pimp rule you into death and beyond.
>>
>>50749892
>>make a deal with the gods
>>even more bad ass pimp breaks the covenant
>>become short lived manlets
>>
File: 1474083939786.jpg (391KB, 904x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1474083939786.jpg
391KB, 904x1233px
If we're still talking about the future of the WFB setting (which I find odd how people keep bringing up every so often in various threads), I think Bretonnia would turn into Sun King style France - comparatively backwards to England or some other European countries, but with very strong, central power focused more on the heartland than the relative independence of Empire nobles and burghers. Things are good for now, but all it will take is one shitty king to throw things into a revolutionary fervor.
>>
>>50750376
Having a noble class bred for war, the backing of a goddess and royalty made up of übermenschen might help curb that fervor somewhat.
>>
I have a problem. What format (page size) Warhammer Townscape (old WHFB buildings) is supposed to be printed on? Can you post dimensions of any of the given building?
>>
>>50750546
If Bretonnia had to change dramatically, I'd say a split would happen. The Knights rule in their castles while the more profit minded men hold the coastal cities in their pockets. One army is ruled through feudal devotion and faith, the other is strategy and tactics. Think Crusaders in the heartland, Napoleon in the urban areas. All owing loyalty to the crown but doing so in their own way.
>>
File: Valten.jpg (45KB, 303x400px) Image search: [Google]
Valten.jpg
45KB, 303x400px
Valten is best boy.
>>
File: scananon.jpg (695KB, 1280x1914px) Image search: [Google]
scananon.jpg
695KB, 1280x1914px
Is there any Warpstone! archive? You know, since it was murdered by FFG anyway someone could have it scanned...
>>
>>50750979
According to a thread on Strike to Stun, the guy wants to release the whole thing online, it's all scanned and all the art they don't have permission for has been replaced but there are still questions of legality and whether the people who bought it legit would mind it being up for free.
Last update was months ago I think, so I have no idea.

Other than that, I think there's a torrent floating around with issues 10-20 and a couple of others. That's what I have at least.
>>
>>50750715
One of the reasons Storm of Chaos was so shit.
>>
File: dts.gif (486KB, 500x192px) Image search: [Google]
dts.gif
486KB, 500x192px
>>50751287
>>
>>50751287
His rather meh asspull, brought from nowhere for no good reason. Skaven didn du nuthin wrong.
>>
File: trumpbait.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
trumpbait.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
>>50751380
>*He was
Sorry, it's so early I don't even shitpost correctly.
>>
>>50751406
Valten actually had some buildup in White Dwarf. I appreciated how fucking nice he was. He couldn't be your army general because he was literally Superman.
>>
>>50751449
>buildup
Compared to all the characters and buildup we had before, he was a last minute addition.
>he was literally Superman
I would rather call him shounen protagonist with his muh willpower special rule.
>>
>>50751495
Build up still constitutes a character. He was the only nice person in all of Warhammer, as even the best of characters can still be pricks.
>>
>>50736070
They're really English with French trappings in a lot of cases - which isn't too surprising, since until the 100 Years War France and England traded control over a lot of areas. You could probably also take some pages from Burgundy, Brittany, or Flanders.
>>
>>50751544
>Build up still constitutes a character.
Build up as clichè as possible.
>He was the only nice person in all of Warhammer
I can't remember him having much character and even if that's bullshit to believe he the ONLY nice one.
>>
>>50751689
An extremely religious person declare you a god while everyone laughs at him is cliche?

You also didn't read White Dwarf at the time. The whole point was that he was a humble country bumpkin while matters of state happens around him. Huss demanded that Valten be made Emperor, but instead of splitting the Empire in half Franz took the third option. He handed Ghal Maraz to Valten, in the hopes that his humble nature will ring true with other Sigmarites while also retaining his imperial power.
>>
>>50751755
>You also didn't read White Dwarf at the time
Yes I did. I remember his first mini looked like the long lost member of the band Hammerfall.
Some assholes village gets attacked revealing he is the messiah that shall defeat all evil and gets up everytime he gets cut down, I call clichè.
>Huss demanded that Valten be made Emperor
Which would have been a retarded move anyway but considering Huss is no ruler that's actually aproperiate in-character.
>>
File: EMPmilit.jpg (764KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
EMPmilit.jpg
764KB, 873x627px
>>50751755
I think that Valten is mehianistic (pun intended) figure. He is supposed to be next Sigmar incarnation. Kinda bland when you get ,,country bumpkin" in the same rank as <fireworks> MAGNUS PIOUS </fireworks>.

He is badly introduced Joanna D'Arc, but without the tragic part of her story and with OP godly skills, when Joanna was just incredibly inspiring kid, who got murdered by scheming British after turning the tide of great conflict.

It kinda sucks. We already had our Team Empire, with big NPCs and state's army. And then standard GW-,,Look, they got PWOWNED by our NEW GUY (49.99 $) (tm)".
>>
>>50751879
That's why Franz opted for the third option.

>>50751912
I still retain that he faked his own death for the good of the Empire. If not then Franz is a flat out villain.
>>
>>50750600
I don't necesarily think you'd need to have such a drastic divide between different areas of the country if you wanted to shake up Bretonnia that much. The nobility are already very entrenched in the Cult of the Lady, which is really exclusive to the upper classes. You could have the composition of the peasantry and the emergent middle-class more closely reflect what an early modern (with Napoleonic trappings or whatever) France would look like, and still have your regiments of knights in their castles in every city and major location around the country. They'd keep to the traditions and stylings of their ancestors, bolstered by the blessing of the lady while the country changed and reformed around them.

The way I see it, the army of a Bretonnia advanced further along the timeline would look like a professional, rank-and-file standing force centred around an elite corps of blessed, ornate and anachronistic hyper-knights.
>>
File: smugkarlfranz.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smugkarlfranz.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>50751950
Anon, you hurt my imperial feelings. Look in that smug face and tell me one more time I could have done something wrong.

You seem to think that skaven warpstone can't kill Mary Sue.
>>
>>50752113
>You seem to think that skaven warpstone can't kill Mary Sue.
Snitch just had to slit his throat until he failed his leadership test.
>>
File: HardKarlforhardtimes.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
HardKarlforhardtimes.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>50752113
>>50751950
Also, why should I kill him, that poor, inocent boy?

Because he cucked me from the heirloom of my office, the Hammer of God Sigmar himself?

Because he could have ruined everything I and my glorious father, emperor Lutipold, worked for?

Because he was oblivious fool with no idea about the affairs of the state that constantly shakes on the verge of the civil war?

Because fanatical madmen, likes of our BELOVED SERVANT Huss, happily would put HIM, NO ONE duke of NOWHERE, in stead of US, THE EMPEROR TO GRAB THE COUNTRY FOR THEMSELF?

No anon, it's ridiculous. We consider the discussion settled. With other doubts you should bother Hans. Hans!
>>
>>50752326
Yes, m' Lord.

>>50751950
You ar coming with me. You fucked big time, kid.
>>
>>50752363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Myff5xAZM
>>
>>50752363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IaNTAmIGzE
Nice try Lahmians.
>>
File: Detail painting.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Detail painting.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50739708
There's a short bit about blonde hair in here.
>>
>>50741209
That's a lot of different titles for different estates. Diocese, Margraviate, Palatinate, Abbacy, Marches...It seems interesting that they all have at least one vote, especially the ones that sound religious.
>>
File: aowpl01.png (50KB, 340x311px) Image search: [Google]
aowpl01.png
50KB, 340x311px
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't having a Dwarf army with a lot of Slayers mean your clan is dishonorable?

Also, Slayer proxies are on sale for Christmas.

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&prodcode=pl01&prodname=Dwarf+Berserkers+of+Bj%C3%B6rn&id=118&Itemid=53
>>
>>50740995
It's really weird to think that the state of that area after the HRE's collapse ended up more united.
>>
>>50751912
I thought he was Jerry King Arthur.
>>
>>50751287
>One of the reasons Storm of Chaos was so shit.
That's the thinking that got us End Times
Storm of chaos>>>End times

And it was shit
>>
>>50743129
It also nicely helps explain why the Empire has not technologically advanced very fair over a much longer period of time than civilizations in our world. Constant warring within and without will push technology a little, but not for long, and they didn't even have official or controlled magic until a couple hundred years ago.

It doesn't really explain Bretonnia - backwards they may be, every single Knight-Errant has to earn his lance in battle, so a united Bretonnia should've eventually conquered a disunited Empire and learned some cool shit from them, or at least technologically progressed more than a hundred years or so.

>>50742285
I'm fairly certain most worshipers of Taal and Rhya tend to marry - they're usually in small villages anyway, so they're not as solitary. Taal's kinda badass in his own quiet way.

Does Bretonnia worship other gods aside from the Lady? I know there's la Masiontaal Abbey, but that's not too conclusive on if they actually follow a pantheon instead of a monotheistic relition.
>>
>>50752113
>skaven
They don't exist man-thing, have faith in your man-scholars.

>>50753761
>Does Bretonnia worship other gods aside from the Lady?
I think that common folk worships other gods and do not worship lady. Lady seems nobly only religion.
Also in Old World everybody worships everything from time to time.
>Want good harvest? My wife goes into labour?
Rhya help us.
>Hunting?
Taal guide my arrow.
>Bestmen raid?
Ulric/Sigmar/Myrmidia/Lady grant me strength
>Harsh winter?
Praise Urlic!
>I'm/my friend/family is dead
May Morr accepts them in afterlife
>Wrongly accused?
Venerate Verena
>Rightly accused?
I hope Ranald bails me out.

In word of many true gods, choosing one over other should happen only when their sphere of influence overlaps.
>>
>>50753752
Storm of Chaos was like Marvel Civil War. Comic, not movie.

Great lead-in, interesting developments, then it smacks right into a cement wall of retardation going 80 miles per hour because they wrote themselves into a corner and couldn't just let things gently down afterwards.
>>
>>50753869
>Rightly accused?
>I hope Ranald bails me out.
I like that one
>>
File: Chaos Dwarfs choo choo.jpg (90KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Dwarfs choo choo.jpg
90KB, 960x678px
>>50729690
I'm doing some work on a CD write up. And because of that I have all the official fluff in my mind, for now.

Hashut is never said to be a lost ancestor god, sadly, however he is a unknown god, in the sense that his origins are a complete mystery.

Its stated that the Dwarfs of Zharr when they were about to be overran, called out into the void for help, this help came from the deepest, darkest point of the void, and that which answered was Hashut.

The "Chaos" Dwarfs ended up in the Dark Lands for their greed, yes this is true, but not only for the wealth that is to be found there, many went to far in their rune magic usage, and left to do real magic.

There is another bit of fluff that goes with this, it states something like "Hashut is a unknown, he could be a chaos god, a arch daemon, greater daemon, or something else, from the void"

The fluff people are thinking of most often is "semi-official". The Khorne Hashut was going to be in a Warhammer RP book, but never made it(still, as it was given the ok I would say its official).

Another that is official suggests that Hashut is Tzeentch in disguise, or a greater daemon of Tzeentch.

This leads to the idea that Hashut is like the Great Horned Rat, aka a Chaos god(minor) who lives in a subrealm between Nurgle and Tzeentch.

So, my take on it, Hashut is a forbidden ancestor god, who(like a god in D&D) threw himself into the void instead of ceasing to exist(no followers). He seems to promote the dark side of the Dwarfs, Greed unrestrained. Telling his followers to not relent on their wants for Gold, Power, and Magic.

In time, a message was sent out to the void, where he resided, and he answered it(why would the so called Chaos Dwarfs call out to the Void, and not the Warp?)

Thus did the Dawi Zharr(Chaos Dwarfs) (re)found a god of their own.

Lastly, its worth mentioning that the Chaos Dwarfs(White Dwarf presents: Chaos Dwarfs) do not seem to have any hint of Chaos in them, besides minor mutation.
>>
>>50753667
No. Taking the slayer oath absolves you of your dishonor. No dwarf would take it without intending to die, so you lose the stain on your honor.

The slayer oath is also deeply, deeply personal. You can never be compelled or penalized into taking it. It's something a dwarf does because he is PERSONALLY shamed.
>>
>>50753667
It's more that slayers are drawn to the sort of hopeless battles that would result in them finding their doom rather than implying the clan army they've rallied to is dishonourable.
>>
>>50753872
I liked that in SoC chaos was starting at loosing position, Archaon seemed to know this and acted reasonably.

His army was smaller than population of Kislev, maybe even smaller than mobilization pool of it, if they had time and resources to mobilize.
At Middenheim armies was quite matched. But Chaos can't bring reinforcements while Empire could afford to have 4 battles as big as this before running out of manpower and that is assuming total annihilation of force, not reasonable looses of 5-30%.

So what Archaon does?
He tries to force Empire into one decisive battle, before his army gets bogged down in unwinnable battle of attrition. He does it perfectly as Karl must take bait of Middenheim.

But still despite Empire's taking bait, chaos is still at disadvantage.
Karl needs to not get destroyed and reinforce the city. If relief force gets into the city and army quits the field they won. Raiders and chaos dwarfs will starve and left demons and chaos warriors will be outnumbered too greatly to matter.
Chaos must destroy Empire's army and ruling class strong enough that it will break.

GW unwillingly managed to make Destroyer of Worlds an underdog, by forgetting about difference between peace and war economy, mobilization levels and defender advantage.
>>
>>50753989
This mutation might be Hashut changing the Dwarfs to his liking, or could just be from when the storm of Chaos first crashed into the world.

The Chaos-Dawi Zharr friendship came years latter, which to be fair was the original idea for the Dwarfs of Zharr, however if we look at it from a fluff viewpoint, it seems the Dawi Zharr were forced into this "friendship" in order to make quota for slaves, as their previous agreement with the Greekskins backfired on them.

In the end its all about how one wishes to see the Chaos Dwarfs/ Hashut. Myself, I like to see them as the Fire Dwarfs, with a dark ancestor god, but the Chaos Dwarfs with a chaos god works as well.
>>
>>50753989
>Hashut is a forbidden ancestor god
the questions can only follow from hete:
how did he become a god, how did he become forbidden? what were the relations with the other ancestors? how exactly does "the void" fit in the cosmology described in the realm of chaos books?
>>
>>50754013
But wouldn't having a large number of Slayers in your army mean you have more fuckups?
>>50754037
So its better to have lots of Slayers, but from other lands then?

>>50754087
"There are as many Elves as the plot demands."

Games Workshop handwaving all previous information as well as logic and common sense in order to push their narrative is the problem. They're as proud of it as they are "We do no market research."

I'm genuinely shocked that there was no battle in End Times or Storm of Chaos where Archaon soloed an army of Order.
>>
>>50750376
In earlier fluff, Bretonnia is already a a sun king/revolution era/three musketeers mish-mash. I prefer to fold that into the later fluff.
>>
>>50754331
Earlier fluff was written by guys with degrees in history combining their favorite shit into Tolkien.

Current fluff is written by guys who write the dude equivalent of bodice ripper novels that all prefer the homoerotic adventures of the gay space Catholic Nazis to fantasy.
>>
>>50753639
The Holy Roman Empire had prince-bishops who were secular leaders in addition to religious ones.
That's the equivalent I suppose.
>>
File: Abhorash.jpg (48KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
Abhorash.jpg
48KB, 300x454px
Who is the single greatest melee warrior alive in the Old World (pre-End Times) by the fluff, without taking magic in consideration?

Candidates (feel free to add more)
- Archaon
- Abhorash
- Tyrion
- Ungrim Ironfist
- Grimgor Ironhide
>>
>>50754430
You already answered your question
>>
>>50754181
"how did he become a god"
Look at AoS, good chances he was a great dwarf hero of the past world who ascended into godhood. Chances are in AoS Astragoth is now the new Hashut, as he did not die in the End Times, unlike the other named Chaos Dwarfs

"how did he become forbidden"
It seems as if the dwarfs of the past knew that the runes they used were somewhat magical, but either saw the effects of it gone wrong, or had a great fear of it going to far. Thus, Hashut, the Dwarven god of magic(true magic) was banned, in the hopes of keeping the dwarfs from being mutated.

"what were the relations with the other ancestors"
A unknown, but I would wager that either he was a hated, and cursed brother, who had a falling out with Thungni. Perhaps Hashut Hashut was a brother of Thungni who was unable to learn Rune magic, so delved deeper then Thungni had, to find out how to use magic(not rune magic). This could, and most likely would lead to Hashut being banned from the land, as this magic began to warp him into a more bovine appearance.

"how exactly does "the void" fit in the cosmology described in the realm of chaos books?"
From what little I can gather, the Void seems to be another dimension within the Warhammer universe, which is not the Warp. Which is the best Answer I can give sadly.
There is a tiny bit mentioned of it in Tamurkhan The Throne of Chaos. It describes eyeless krakens that live very deep under the ground in sunless seas, that are worshiped by halfghouls, who live in cities that have never felt the warmth of a fire. These krakens are said to be from the Void.
So I guess the Void is Warhammers Cthulhu dimension.
>>
>>50753989
>This leads to the idea that Hashut is like the Great Horned Rat, aka a Chaos god(minor) who lives in a subrealm between Nurgle and Tzeentch.
No matter what kind of god Hashut is, no matter what label you put on him ("ancestor", "chaos", "order", w/e) I think it's pretty clear that he occupies (or rather, consists of) a space (as much as space exists) within the immaterium between Khorne and Tzeentch, overlapping both.
>>
>>50754459
*parts of both
>>
File: 450px-Shaggoth[1].png (643KB, 450x666px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Shaggoth[1].png
643KB, 450x666px
>>50754430
Krakanrok the Black
Or Kalgalanos the Black
Who are different entities probably.
If either of them were awake.
Which they aren't.
>>
>>50754457
>Look at AoS
>in the End Times
>>
>>50754457
>There is a tiny bit mentioned of it in Tamurkhan The Throne of Chaos.
Do you have a rough page number? The Tamurkhan scan is not the best, sadly.
>>
>>50754340
Yeah, which is why I prefer earlier fluff in themes. The writing has higher quality now, because it's written by professionals, but it's complete shit in terms of consistency and concepts. While I have no problem disregarding some early fluff bacause it's too conflicting or just doesn't fit (half-elves, half-orcs, gnomes, etc.) I like to include most other stuff (Sea Elves, Early Bretonnia, the Fimir, etc.)
>>
>>50754492
not him, but it looks like just another place to draw parallels and inspiration from.

not that I like how people spontaneously became gods with a still unexplained deus ex.

>>50754457
>From what little I can gather, the Void seems to be another dimension within the Warhammer universe, which is not the Warp. Which is the best Answer I can give sadly.
>There is a tiny bit mentioned of it in Tamurkhan The Throne of Chaos. It describes eyeless krakens that live very deep under the ground in sunless seas, that are worshiped by halfghouls, who live in cities that have never felt the warmth of a fire. These krakens are said to be from the Void.
reading about thugni on lexicanum, he did venture into a sort of realm while delving deep into the earth, even if it was called differently, it may be related somehow.
>>
>>50754457
I mean your headcannon if first rate one (Phoenix Crown in hands of Chaos Dwarfs is so good of idea I'm going to use it), but why you do this?

I mean ,,they in despreation called to the Void and SOMETHING FROM BEYOND answered" seems a proper level of sinster.
>>
>>50754534
>Early Bretonnia
how do you do it?

I'm trying to write my own list of various specializations the factions we have can go through (mainly for the purposes of making up new units concepts) and the only way I'm seeing the old fluff collaborating with the new one for bretonnia is to limit the relatively well armed and wealthy middle class to the coastal areas where the economic power from their ships allow them some margin of freedom from the systems and laws imposed in the main lands and castles where the higher nobility lives.
freedom involves the use of firearms at sea and AT TIMES on land but to not incur in the rage of the nobles who interpreted the will of the lady and forbid lead they use silver instead for the projectiles.
>>
>>50754579
>freedom involves the use of firearms at sea and AT TIMES on land but to not incur in the rage of the nobles who interpreted the will of the lady and forbid lead they use silver instead for the projectiles.
or shooting from suspended or immersed platforms so that they aren't technically on land.
>>
>>50754534
>half elves
>not fitting
why?
everyone likes half elves.
>>
File: Lammasu.png (453KB, 512x643px) Image search: [Google]
Lammasu.png
453KB, 512x643px
>>50754524
page 59, The Beasts Bellow.
Just re-read it, and I failed to see the void mentioned, but I remember the word being used, I think its used in the near end of the book. The creatures mentioned in the parts of the Earth deeper then even the dwarfs have gone though are said to be "formless horrors of plasma-flesh, born of dark winds of magic that have sunk deep into the bowels of the earth"

>>50754559
They were screwed, the ancestor gods did not answer their calls for help(they had till this point worshiped them). The other Dwarven holds did not answer them(they had their own problems). So in a last ditch effort to survive the original storm of Chaos, they made a deal with the first thing from the dark reaches of the void that answered them. I'll post a direct paragraph from the book(Tome of Corruption - Secrets from the Realm of Chaos page157-160)

"The Great Eye of Chaos opened and spread its inky darkness south. At its vanguard rode the Tong, the vilest of all Chaos Marauders. The Dwarfs fled to their forts and holds, and sent pleas for aid to their kin in the southern holds, but no help came. Soon, the darkness swept over them, cutting them off entirely. Alone, and facing extinction, the Dwarf Runesmiths claimed had a possible answer. Using magical techniques they claimed to have mastered through studying the magical-resistant obsidian, they called out to the void for help. This time their pleas for aid were answered, but help would come at a heavy cost. The Dwarfs had no time to deliberate, for the Tong were tearing down their gates, so they hastily agreed to the price. Then, so Chaos Dwarfs claim, Hashut, the Father of Darkness, rescued his new children, and whisked them away from danger."

You see, they had no hope anon, between dieing with honor, and surviving, they chose to survive, no matter the cost.
>>
File: 1482065649251.jpg (557KB, 2000x1664px) Image search: [Google]
1482065649251.jpg
557KB, 2000x1664px
Spooky knights soon.
>>
>>50754646
>You see, they had no hope anon, between dieing with honor, and surviving, they chose to survive, no matter the cost.
I don't think any other kind of dwarf would have made the same decision.
the zharr must have started rotting since before that event.
>>
>>50754674
>the skeleton's hands are not tied to the objects they are holding
that must be a mousillon wight knight in disguise
>>
>>50754674
No Bedknobs and Broomsticks references makes me sad.
>>
>>50754690
Nani?
>>
File: Chaos Dwarf Pollution.jpg (41KB, 495x635px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Dwarf Pollution.jpg
41KB, 495x635px
>>50754680
In short, for now at least ill explain why what happened, happened.

1)Dwarfs discover magic, and this leads to debates over its use.
2)On the brink of what could turn into a civil war, those who wanted unrestrained magic decide it would be best to go elsewhere, and thus head east.
3)This group of dwarfs meet up with others in the skull land, who came to the Dark Lands, as well as the Mountain of Mourn for its easy treasure(as well as being so damn prideful that they had to do it to scorn the other dwarfs who took one look, and said, "hell no", and returned home.
4)They do well as treasure is in abundance, but fail to realize the dangers that lurk in the very land they are in.(The Dark Lands are littered with the dead of dragons, and other giant monsters of the past, and do the dark winds of magic are heavy here, plus the only plant life that will grow are small black bushes, while prior to the dwarfs becoming the Dawi Zharr, its not mentioned what they ate, however, afterwards, they begin to devour slaves for meat, in part due to it being a much more readily food source. All of this, is without taking into consideration the massive, and I mean MASSIVE amount of volcano activity.)
5)They set up some Karak(s), and become their own distinctive culture, which future pushes them away from their family in the "old world".
6)Their Rune Priests delve deeper, and deeper into true magic, using the very plentiful obsidian rocks around to perform their "rune magic", this while not stated, could only anger their puritan cousins even future.
7)Chaos comes, and like all the Dwarfs, the Dwarfs of Zharr go into hiding, Mountain of Mourn Dwarfs are included in this as well.
8)As all hope is lost, and I mean all hope, the Rune Priests of these eastern Dwarfs convince their kin to let them call out into the void for help.
>>
>>50754674
Actually that's one of coolest concepts in Bretonian army.

I think Gee Dubs ignored Bretonia because they were not suited for selling BIG, HUGE CENTERPIECES AND HUGE MONSTERS.
>>
>>50754579
>how do you do it?

My interpretation is that there's practically four population groups/castes; the nobility, the knighthood, the burghers/bourgeois, and the peasantry/serfdom. The nobility and the knighthood overlap a lot, and the burghers/bourgeois and the peasantry/serfdom overlap arguably even more.

The nobility is the ones most affected by me folding these things together, because of the overlap between the chivalric virtues of knighthood and the general nobility, hence why I envision there being the littlest bit of a split between the two concepts. These are almost entirely as in new fluff, but the sun-king-esque characterization is important, as opposed to modern fluff where almost the entirety of Bretonnian nobility has been homogenized. By simply thinking of the nobility as a more general nobility, with wants and demands of their own, rife with decadence with many merely maintaining a veneer of decency, it is not hard to dehomogenize them. The king is very much sun-king-esque, with his court of servants, including knights of various ranks and with varying commitment to the lady.

The peasantry and serfdom is almost entirely like in modern fluff, no problem, but not all peasants are serfs. This overlaps with the burghers and the burgeois only because they are technically peasants, but not serfs, and, as burghers tend to do, they live in the cities and practice mercantile professions or are artisans and so forth.

>cont
>>
>>50754579
>>50754851
>continuing

And it is in these cities that we have much of the old fluff, and the revolutionary spirit, with a large middle class of relatively wealthy people being lumped together with an enormous rural population of serfs, in terms of general rights and obligations. The wealthiest of burghers is still categorized as a peasant, although likely not a serf, and thus has less political legitimacy than the poorest of nobles, with the most pressing point to many to be one of taxation, from which the nobility is exempt.

Even in newer fluff, it is said that the Cult of the Lady is almost entirely a nobility/knighthood thing, with the religion of the wider population being a lot more ambiguous, with folk superstitions, local deities or beliefs, and classical deities (especially more southern ones, like Shallya, Myrmidia, and Verena).

I would take this, and play it up even more. The Cult of the Lady is an alien cult that is actively regressive and reactionary, and that have actually taken much of Bretonnian upper society "backwards" into an earlier age of medieval chivalry. "In fact", Bretonnian society used to be very much like that, but moved on more in the direction of the revolutionary era, the age of enlightenment, and the age of exploration (much like Tilea, Estalia, and the Empire, to varying degrees).

>cont
>>
>>50754579
>>50754851
>>50754861
>continuing

But Bretonnian upper society started to more and more idealize what was (somewhat disingenuously) referred to as "Tradition" and "Chivalry", and more and more it went from a live-action-roleplay fad into full-blown reenactment with strong religious themes and tones, and finally, the Cult of the Lady became state religion - but practically only in an "upper class" sense. This is a deliberate move by the Grail Cult (who may or may not be entirely orchestrated by the wood elves, but nobody knows for sure, wink wink).

This stands in stark contrast to the other social classes in society, and it's created a strong feeling of resentment and bred suspicion between the lower and upper class, with the middle-class being somewhat split; the upper middle-class (primarily mercantile lords, choice artists & poets & writers, etc) pretends to go along with all of this, while the lower middle-class (printers, successful artisans & artists, agitators, etc.) are still primarily tied to the more fundamental beliefs of the people, "leading the charge" against what is perceived as a decadent upper class (mostly the sun-king-esque nobility) and practitioners of a corruptive and unfair alien and likely heretical religion (mostly the knighthood).

>tldr: Upper society is new fluff, Lower society is old fluff, hijinks ensue.
>fin
>>
File: chaos_dorf_by_ragathol.jpg (165KB, 375x1050px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_dorf_by_ragathol.jpg
165KB, 375x1050px
>>50754798
9)Hashut anwsers, and ports the Dwarfs of the Mountian of Mourn to the Karak of the Skull lands, and in doing so combines the Dwarfs of the Dark Lands, with the Dwarfs of the Mountian of Mourn.

After this, its really unknown what happens, just that Hashut saves them, and they become his Children, the Dawi Zharr. The next thing we know is the deal struck was for slaves, and we end up seeing the Dawi Zharr, at first trading with the Greenskin tribes for slaves, and teaching them how to craft metal weapons and armor in return, and then eventually raiding them, and just enslaving entire tribes.

Whats real interesting from here is the story of the Black Orcs, but that would be a major write up, but in short(this is my theory, but after studding this for weeks now, I believe it to be true), it seems as if either Hashut, or Tzeentch interfered with their creation(like how Chaos did with the Emperor, and the primarchs), to make sure the project would backfire.

Why you might ask, well
1)Hashut did not want to eat the souls of greenskins for all eternity, so made it so the Dawi Zharr would fail at their creation for the peferct slave race for the Dark Lands, and thus would need to hunt for all races of the world to become their slaves, so more variety of souls to munch on(who wants to only ever eat vanilla ice cream for the rest of their life, while their brothers and sisters get any flavor they want?).
2)Tzeentch did it knowing that it would destroy the Dawi Zharr, and thus weaken Hashut, so it would mean one less competitor.
>>
>>50754646
>You see, they had no hope anon, between dieing with honor, and surviving, they chose to survive, no matter the cost.

The dwarves that came to form the Chaos Dwarves are said to be even more stubborn than the ones that were left behind. Considering that dwarves have been known to doom multiple entire holds in grudges against their own people on matters of principle, I find it incredibly doubtful that they would turn to Chaos knowingly.

I find it much more likely that there were some prior grudge that led to the split, with Hashut originally being an Ancestor God that slowly got corrupted by the rejection of the other dwarves and the corruption, hate and spite of his children.
>>
>>50754931
Read what else I posted after that, just follow the trail of Chaos Dwarf pictures.

It seems they had no idea what was about to happen when they struck their deal, they just did it in hopes of making it out alive. Though I must say, one should question the Rune Priests, who got the best part out of this deal...I honestly think they had a prior meeting with Hashut before convincing their own to make the deal. Since after it was made the Rune Priests became true sorcerers, and are even stated to have been able to form Karaks out of the mountains. A team of the best of the Chaos Dwarf sorcerers, not built, but raised Zharr Naggrund.

As for the non-magical, they got tusks, and some, but not many grew horns over generations. This is not to say the sorcerers got off scot-free as they will turn to stone if they grow old enough.
It seems if they fail to cast, black stone slowly begins to grow on their feet/arms, then spreads from there(most likely Obsidian).
With age, they also grow stone as well, so even if one is very careful they will still petrify(this stone is not stated, but could be marble.) The only one to avoid this fate was Astragoth, as he built for himself a mecha like exo-skeleton. In latter fluff when the Chaos Dwarfs get Daemonbining, they get whats called "hellbound" for their engines, well if Astragoth's exo-skeleton has it as well, then he is burning souls as fuel instead of steam, and so might be exchanging souls to Hashut in exchange for not turning him into a statue.
>>
>>50754314
>"There are as many Elves as the plot demands."
Sure thing, but still it is nice when story can and characters actions can have logical justification in information provided about the world, even if this was unintended.
>>
>>50754314
>I'm genuinely shocked that there was no battle in End Times or Storm of Chaos where Archaon soloed an army of Order.
He had to keep U'zhul in check, so he wasn't soloed by his own sword before the grand finale.
>>
>>50755420

It's a quote of a BL writer. It's supposed to show how careless, retconing bunch they are of late and is mostly used ironically, to remind that contradicting info is mostly result of DERP on the side of guys that got paid for it and still don't care.
>>
File: canon.jpg (352KB, 1805x2048px) Image search: [Google]
canon.jpg
352KB, 1805x2048px
>>50755469
>"I'm only using a fraction of my powers"
archaon sucks on so many levels I don't even
>>
>>50755655
>>*Be'lakor teleports behind you*
But really, his sword contains a greater daemon that would love nothing more than to break out and kill it's wielder.
>>
>>50755714
that's what the sword itself is for
>>
>>50755714
>But really, his sword contains a greater daemon that would love nothing more than to break out and kill it's wielder.

That's a super-shitty justification, though. If the sword made matters worse as to hamper him more than it helps, why the fuck would you wield the sword?
>>
>>50756018
Do you not understand Chaos? The sword is a powerful weapon already, when the daemon is unleashed it is even more so. It just has a tendency to harm its owner now and then, that's the risk you take when enslaving yourself to the dark gods.
>>
new thread when?
>>
>>50754674
So were getting the Reliquary.

Is there any other units CA can throw in? If I recall, the full Bretoniian rooster is pathetic.
>>
New thread:

>>50757372
>>50757372
>>50757372
>>50757372
>>50757372
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.