[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 481
Thread images: 62

File: 1464488691029.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
1464488691029.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Read the fucking OP Edition

Ordo Chronos sub-edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
File: 1481523506070.png (788KB, 1462x877px) Image search: [Google]
1481523506070.png
788KB, 1462x877px
>>
File: 1481858356557.png (720KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1481858356557.png
720KB, 700x520px
>>
The LE cannoness sold out in like an hour, imperial agents is sold out on pre order alone...

Is this enough to show GW that there's money in sisters after all?
>>
File: 1477799942667.jpg (130KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
1477799942667.jpg
130KB, 600x857px
>>50721701
The real question is if I buy 5 talos will GW drop a new DE release?

On topic though maybe?
>>
>>50721727
I sure hope so.
I don't know why, but the Talos looks so cute in that pose...
>>
Shortly after the Wrath of Magnus release i saw a Magnus model painted in a fleshtone and without most of his armour posted here.

Did anyone save it? i know i didnt and i want to have a second look.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (285KB, 900x1290px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
285KB, 900x1290px
Trying out a Night Lords list that can hold its own. Yes those are warp talons because my local meta is 3+ save hell

Cultists with turn one night fighting and stealth should hold through a turn, and rolling for divination on the non termie sorc to get some better reserves.

non-termie sorc will roll with he apostle in the large cult blob and march. The other is rolling evil-geomancy for shenanigans
>>
I posted this in the other thread, but...

Which books do I need to build a fully mechanized IG army? There seems to be 3-5 of them needed but they're scattered.

Also, what should I bring to ruin a Ravenwing bike spammer's day as IG?
>>
>>50721875
>Which books do I need to build a fully mechanized IG army?
just the standard codex
>>
1,000 Points Black Legion (995/1000)
++Black Legion Speartip Detachment
+Black Legion Warband
Chaos Lord- Terminator Armor, Power Axe, Spineshard Blade, VotLW, Warlord- 140
Sorcerer- Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Force Sword, VotLW- 125
Chosen (5)- Meltagun (2), VotLW, Rhino- 145
Chosen (5)- Meltagun (2), VotLW, Rhino- 145
Raptors (5)- Plasma Gun (2), VotLW- 125
Terminators (4)- Combi-Plasma (4), Power Axe, Power Maul (2), Chainfist, VotLW- 160
Havocs (5)- Autocannon (2), VotLW, Rhino- 130
+Spawn
Chaos Spawn- 30

Sorcerer rides with the Chosen.

Comments and criticism welcome.
>>
>>50721875
Looking for an all mech list? look up the Kauy'on supplement and the IG formations in that.

Grab a tank commander for command and an armored battlegroup as core. There, full list of only Leman russes so far and totally legal.

>Also, what should I bring to ruin a Ravenwing bike spammer's day as IG?

Check out the Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company. It gets a CCS in a chimera that can give orders to the basilisks in the formation and can spot targets for twin linked.

Spam ignores cover basilisks all day and win against that jink bullshit.
>>
>>50721870
Sorcerers don't have Divination.

Ichor Blood is a waste.

Stormbolt and Sigil are wasted on the foot Sorcerer. He should just be passing all wounds off to the cultists on a 2+. Not really sure why the one Sorcerer is in Terminator Armor.

Not sure why that 6 man squad has an Icon of Vengeance.

I'd cut all that extraneous crap for an ADL with Comms and max'ing out the Meltaguns on the Raptor squads.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 850pts.jpg (183KB, 900x839px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 850pts.jpg
183KB, 900x839px
hows this 1k alpha legion list looking, its not complete but here is my reasoning behind it, so marines and cultist keeping enemy busy due to infiltrate. hellbrute sat back shooting small blast plasma cannon into their infantry.(doubt i have points for a squad of havocs and i like hellbrutes)

the last points im thinking about using is a squad of either warp talons or raptors with my lord with jump pack rushing up the board whilst the enemy has to deal with the rest of my army and rushing important units into close combat with his deamon weapon (i just like the rules of that alpha legions artifact). i know bikes are probably better and lord on bike aswell but i like jump infantry.

so thoughts and raptors with what equipment or warptalons for last amount of points
>>
>>50721916

mont'ka for the decurion
>>
>>50722033
not necessary if you just want full mechanization, and that detachment requires you to buy a shitload of models you may or may not want to use
>>
>>50721992
>>50721870
Oh yeah, and a really radical recommendation. Cut the Sorcerers and the Heldrakes for the Omniscient Oracles formation. A Lord of Change and Fateweaver provide better anti-air than a pair of Heldrakes, can support in CC, and actually have access to Divination. Plus, they let you reroll to seize and reroll reserves.

>>50722021
I'd just do Raptors and use the remaining points giving the Cultists some Flamers and maybe the Icon of Buffing Cultists for the Apostle.
>>
>>50721916
Still requires non-mech troops.
>>
>>50721684
UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
>>
File: psychic.jpg (440KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
psychic.jpg
440KB, 1600x1200px
>>50721992
>Sorcerers don't have Divination.
Pic related. Out of date?

Noted on the other changes though, probably cut armor costs and icon for another sorc.
>>
>>50722059
>Still requires non-mech troops.
no?

Infantry platoons and veterans have the option for dedicated transports, mate.
>>
>>50722066
TEN THOUSAND YEARS OF ODOR BLOCKING POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
>>
>>50722044

minimum is 1 command tank formation or CCS which can be in a chimera. your mech IG can just all be CCS in chimera or tanks.
>>
>>50721875
>>50721959
Correction on my part, the formations are in Mont'ka
>>
>>50722084
>Infantry platoons and veterans
Not wanted.
>>
>>50722106
>>50722059
>>50722044
>>50722084
The core available the the IG decurion can be an armored battlegroup. Leman russes only with a single enginseer as tax. Command can be a tank commander as well. not a guardsmen in sight
>>
>>50722106
okay, but they are mechanized

The base IG codex has been able to run fully mechanized lists out of the tin since late third edition.
>>
>>50721811
>>
>>50722050
>>>50722021 (You)
>I'd just do Raptors and use the remaining points giving the Cultists some Flamers and maybe the Icon of Buffing Cultists for the Apostle.

alright. but u think the list is ok? not gonna be doing tournaments or whatever just for friendly games
>>
>>50722077
It's a typo. The FAQ has an amendment adding Daeomonology to our discipline list, but not Divination.

Scarab Occult Sorcerers, Exalted Sorcerers, and Ahriman have access to it.
>>
>>50722145
Should do okay. Just make sure the tables have enough terrain.
>>
Repeating the question from last thread.

In an all terminator army what suits better.

> 2x 5 man squads 2x 10 man squads
or
> all 5 man squads
>>
>>50722106
Armored Company fags were the Knight-spammers before Imperial Knights became a thing. It results in shitty games decided entirely during list construction.

All tonka trucks is fine for narrative games or other games where the opponent has heads-up, but for casual play? Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>50722133

Wow he actually would look baller as fuck with dark skin, no wings, and no chest armor.
>>
>>50722167
Don't they have combat squads? If you're going to take 30 of them anyways, why not just do 3x10 for the options?

You need to fit in some Chainfists.
>>
>>50722167
more units is better, terminators have to spread themselves out to even hope to match a standard army
>>
>>50722178
The model is just such a mess. The studio paint scheme making him purple instead of crimson is stupid, each set of horns is okay on its own but excessive combined, and the armor looks like something out of fantasy.
>>
>>50722189
I dont think deathwing have combat squads actually... Maybe I missed it though
>>
>>50722077
>Orks
>No access to telekinesis

And that, ladies and gents, is the reason no one uses telekinesis
>>
>>50722133
Thanks, but not the one i was thinking about
>>
>>50722211
TK is just a really awkward discipline. Telekin Dome and Levitation are both nifty powers, but the rest of the discipline is pretty crappy, they don't really synergize well with each other, and neither is worth diving for.

The disciplines need reworked pretty badly.
>>
File: 1428744717764.gif (2MB, 284x267px) Image search: [Google]
1428744717764.gif
2MB, 284x267px
>think about going back to 40K after a 13 years hiatus
>check the latest Tau codex
>mfw it has 130 pages
>mfw my old 3E codex has 60 pages
>all these new battlesuits that are basically the exact same shit with slight differences
Why the hell did they add so many units? Is every army the same kind of clusterfuck? Is it worth getting back into the game?
>>
>>50722240

Money

Yes

Not for the gameplay
>>
>>50722211
i've used telekinesis but my problem with the table is everything is too short ranged, even on a flying prince
>>
>>50722240
>tfw similar experience

I was expecting 10 years of changes to Tau to give them a load of cool alien auxilaries

no just bigger crisis suits

>Why the hell did they add so many units?
Demands for options/diversity, I kind of think this is a good thing, except for that I find a lot of the new units pretty boring
>Is every army the same kind of clusterfuck?
some are nicely designed. I like Skitarii and Genestealer Cults codex a lot

older codex like Space Mraines and Eldar are a fuck, though
>Is it worth getting back into the game?
I just paint, the competitive side of the game is fucked atm because they tried to introduce Apocalypse into regular 40k
>>
>>50722164
heres my "final" list went with 1 flamer 1 melta for raptors just to stay under 1k , also gave cultists flamers
>>
File: warboss_example.jpg (58KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
warboss_example.jpg
58KB, 873x627px
>>50722237
>>50722276

yea, everyone knows its shit and hardly every takes it, but I tell you what, an Ork player would really appreciate it
>>
>>50722416
What's this website called again?
>>
>>50722433
Oh yeah, none of the powers actually rely on a true To Hit roll, and both of the blessings would be really nice with Orks.
>>
>>50722483
4chan.org
>>
>>50722489
K, wasn't sure. What about the list building one?
>>
>>50722483
Boku no OP
>>
>>50722497

Maybe if you read the OP, it would give you a clue before you kill yourself.
>>
>>50722416

Don't mix special on the raptors. Give them two meltas or two flamers, not one of each. Since you already have flamers in your cultists, give them two meltas so you don't lose to anything in a rhino.

Take the flamer from the raptors, give it to the chosen because they're going to want to assault because they have nothing better to do and the plasma is a waste. Take their plasma and give it to one of the CSM squads because they're worthless and might as well have something that can do some damage outside of 12". Finally, take that melta gun and give it to the raptors.
>>
>>50722483
See >>50721535
>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
>https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Here comes the aeroplane! Who's a big boy!
>>
The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of a Night Lords Warband with Dread Claws. They're 100 points, sure, but they're not terrible outside of possession.

>T1 Night Fighting for 3+ jink T1
>assault ramps for Hellbrutes/chosen
>vector strikes on worst armor for fliers
>works on ground, too
>and on deepstrike
>ObSec for point captures
>can rapidly redeploy units
>who can then assault

The only thing I don't like besides possession is that termies can't take them unlike in 30k.
>>
Dicking around with some lists, what do you think of this one?

-Cult of Destruction-
Warpsmith - 110
Obilterators x3 - 210
Obliterators x3 - 210
Obliterators x3 - 210

-Fist of the Gods-
Warpsmith - 110
Chaos Vindicator - Daemonic Possession, Siege Shield, Combi Bolter - 150

-Mayhem Pack-
Helbrute - Powerfist w/ Flamer x2 - 130

-The Lost and the Damned-
Dark Apostle - 105
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50

Total - 1995

Warpsmith joins a unit of Obliterators and they do their thing.

Vindicators move forward towards the bulk of the enemy army and unleash the ignoring cover Apocalyptic Blast (combi bolters there for Demolisher Cannon protection) while the Warpsmith follows behind repairing any damages he can.

Mayhem Pack deepstrikes behind any horde units and flames them off the board (will change loadout depending on army I'm facing to better suit the situation).

The Lost and the Damned will run for Objectives I guess.

Anything I should switch up?
>>
>>50722664
terminators have other methods of deep striking, it's the basic marines that need the mobility to become relevant

Also possessed in a claw are pretty interesting. More so than chosen, at least.
>>
>>50722686

Sure, Termies can deep strike, but if I wanted to run LC termies in a NL fashion, then I'm sol without a LR.

According to IA13, possessed can't take a claw, which would actually make them interesting. Take the formation in Claws, and have the Prince chill nearby, two come down on T1, then assault out of them on T2.
>>
>>50722593
>ive it to the chosen because they're going to want to assault because they have nothing better to do and the plasma is a waste.

pretty sure everyone runs chosen with plasmas not flamers so i dont see how they are useless
>>
>>50722806

I thought there was only one with a plasma because that site is ass. Still, you'll want to shift the flamer and melta then. Put the melta where it will be useful.
>>
Anything new going p tomorrow?
>>
>>50722822
so raptors with 2 meltas, keep 4 plasma chosen and somehow lose 5points to make it 1000pts list, otherwise its an ok list?
>>
>>50722675
which legion
>>
>>50722841
I haven't read those yet. Was thinking IW since it kinda looks like an IW list imo.
>>
>>50722675
>will change loadout depending on army I'm facing to better suit the situation
>tailoring
you a shit head
>>
>>50722849
your army basically only gets bonus from alpha legion (infiltrate on the cultists). be warned, any ignores cover is going to mean you will quickly run out of objective takers
>>
>>50722866
>making sure my units aren't useless is tailoring

K.

>>50722880
How many armies have reliable ignore cover these days anyway?
>>
>‘We are the Rout, Anvindr, you know our accounts,’ he had said. ‘We were chosen by the Emperor not simply because we would slaughter traitors without mercy, but because we would do so relentlessly, without reservation. We show no mercy to the enemy but, when our orders demand it, neither should we show mercy to ourselves. You lost a brother due to this Pranix, but that was one loss on the way to your enemy’s defeat. We do not have to like the tactics to see the necessity of the outcome.’

>‘Such subterfuge is not our way,’ Anvindr had said, trying not to let defiance slip into his voice. He kept his head low, avoiding Haakan’s gaze.

>The jarl had let out a low growl, a threat that kept Anvindr’s head down.

>‘Our ways are our ways,’ spat Haakan. ‘We have our own honour and our own code, and we pity and hate those mortals and others who live by lesser creeds. But the Inquisition is an instrument of the Emperor, also. They have their own codes that are not ours, but to live with honour we follow their orders nonetheless. Go, take your doubt and crush it as you would any enemy.’

>‘I recognise my failing,’ Anvindr had said as he crossed to leave. ‘And will be sure to correct it.’

>‘You do that, Anvindr Godrichsson,’ Haakan had said. ‘And remember that, should we be led astray by another’s foolish whims… Well, the Emperor’s will has a way of correcting that, too.’

>Those had been dangerous words for even a jarl to utter, and they were the one part of the conversation Anvindr had not repeated to his pack. Sitting staring into the fire, those words calmed Anvindr’s silent rage a little, the slim promise that Pranix might face a reckoning still.

-"Tyrant of the Hollow Worlds"

So the SPESS WOOFS respect the Inquisition and the power of their office. /tg/ confirmed to be liars again.
>>
>>50722880
>alpha legion
It doesn't even have a warband. No, it has to be IW
Also, Tank Hunter obliterators.
>>
>>50722831

>lose 5 points

Just swap the melta from the CSM squad with the flamer from the raptors.

Vehicles might be an issue, but between the raptors and infiltrating chosen, you can pick your fights early while the Brute gets into position and hopefully doesn't get picked off. Maybe swap the PC for MM on the Brute.

>>50722880

Umm, Chosen and CSM both get infiltrate, and if cultists die, he get twin rolls for more cultists.
>>
>>50721701
Kek hell no
>>
>>50722911
I can lose 5points just by cutting 1 flamer from a cultist squad, 3 with flamers 1 without that way i gets the csm with meltas and the raptors. probably best way to go about it since they are cannon fodder
>>
>>50722942

You could do that, sure.
>>
>Traitor Legion book sold out everywhere

dear god why, now I have to use this shitty epub version from this thread.
>>
>>50722897
>How many armies have reliable ignore cover these days anyway?

Tau most obviously. Guard. Anyone that can bring fast-moving Flamer Templates. Eldar to a limited degree (Swooping Hawk grenade packs). Admech have lots of stuff that reduces cover saves, even if they don't have anything which ignores them outright.
>>
In this artwork is the person with the heavy flamer supposed to be a battle sister?
>>50718995
Looks like an old guy, but has the boob plate and normal battle sister power armor...
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxODE3OTI4MjA1.jpg (147KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxODE3OTI4MjA1.jpg
147KB, 1200x1200px
>>50722962
thanks for all the input btw
>>
>>50723000
Fucking hell
>>
File: sisters confirmed.png (10KB, 609x145px) Image search: [Google]
sisters confirmed.png
10KB, 609x145px
>>
>>50722911
>Umm, Chosen and CSM both get infiltrate, and if cultists die, he get twin rolls for more cultists.

yeah, he dosent have any marines, and you only get the double dip cultist in the decurion, so no, he dosent get great bonuses
>>50722908
>Also, Tank Hunter obliterators.
eh, fair enough. just means he has even less use for the cultists
>>
>>50723048
also there is a psy power that give ignore cover
>>
>>50723051

I think you miss quoted something. I was talking about >>50722416 who does have the Decurion and plenty of Marines.
>>
>>50723067
Nope, you misquoted.
>>
>>50723067
>>>50722880 (You)
>Umm, Chosen and CSM both get infiltrate, and if cultists die, he get twin rolls for more cultists.
no friend, it was you who fucked up
>>
>>50723072
>>50723081

Yup, you're right. Carry on.
>>
>>50721811
This one?
>>
>>50723098
>dat wriathknight in the background
>"ooh yeah, i don't know what that is, but i am going to give it the D"
>>
File: Flesh Tone Magnus.jpg (227KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Flesh Tone Magnus.jpg
227KB, 1600x1066px
>>50721811
>>50723098

Nope, this one probably.
>>
>>50723050
Oh look the answer they ALWAYS give. Kek just give up, Sisters are done.
>>
File: 1481885465410.jpg (373KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1481885465410.jpg
373KB, 1600x1066px
>>50723120

oh come on...
>>
>>50721535
yo disc of tzeentch counts as a jetbike so that means a +1 T right
>>
>>50723148
Yes
>>
>>50723148
Correct
>>
File: cry.gif (486KB, 200x140px) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
486KB, 200x140px
>>50723125
It's gonna happen this time, dammit.
>>
>>50723098

>those brimstone horrors

Those aren't the ones from Silver Tower...
>>
What's a good unit for IG to deal with TEQs? Executioner?
>>
>>50723171
AoS Tzeentch release in January, blue and brimstone horrors are coming.
>>
>>50723177

Oh neat. Is that actually confirmed?
>>
>>50723184
Nah, but we'll know soon enough with WD.
>>
>>50723190

>nah

So it's actually nothing.

Still, I can't even bring myself to play my daemons anymore. They're too retarded.
>>
>>50723158
>>50723161
though so

>>50723184
they have rules in 40k so they need a model box and Tzaangors have there AoS weapons
>>
>>50723177
God I hope we get a new LoC model with that. I just started Tzeentch Daemons and I'm holding off buying/converting a LoC until late Janurary because that model is fucking hideous.
>>
>>50723198
Why? Summoning and Splitting are completely optional.
>>
File: image.jpg (364KB, 775x898px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364KB, 775x898px
Schrödinger's Sisters of Battle of the Order of Uncertainty when?

They already have a 2 codex and models. By sheer accident. Make them official already.
>>
>>50723174
Maybe take a look at the medusa artillery piece or demolisher russ.
>>
>>50723200

They technically have models, though, so GW doesn't have to worry.

>>50723203

Unless you never want to play or have friends, don't bother.

>>50723206

I stopped summoning awhile ago, and they're still retarded with the sheer amount of power dice they can throw out.
>>
File: brimstone-horros.jpg (110KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
brimstone-horros.jpg
110KB, 800x439px
>>50723171
>Those aren't the ones from Silver Tower...
yes they are
>>
>>50721701
That would imply GW care about SoB outside of keeping the IP.

It would be funny as fuck that next year SoB actually get a proper codex and model. All the previous rumors where made to locate where the information was getting leaked.
>>
>>50721701
LE Canoness sold out in about 5 minutes in the UK.

They brought more in with a 1 per customer limit, still sold out again in about 20 minutes.
>>
File: IMG_20161216_061324.jpg (13KB, 130x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161216_061324.jpg
13KB, 130x236px
>>50723224
They're definitely different.
>>
>>50723236
m8, they're the ones on the left of my image. Exactly the same.
>>
>>50723236
what are you talkin about
>>
>>50723203
But the current LoC is great.

>>50723223
>muh dice
You're severely overestimating the actual output of all those dice converted into Witchfires.
>>
File: World Eaters - 1850pts.jpg (216KB, 900x1216px) Image search: [Google]
World Eaters - 1850pts.jpg
216KB, 900x1216px
Do I dare believe? Can the World Eaters truely reap skulls again?
>>
File: 1466563593908.png (511KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466563593908.png
511KB, 1280x720px
Anyone got ideas for what I could use to make a conversion hammy?

I don't really like the GW hammy with his hipster haircut
>>
>>50723317

Except I'm not. It only takes 2 dice for just as many shots, and only one for a model with Paradox. All of those shots are S6 because of the attached Herald, or S7 with a WFH.
>>
>>50723340
Those CSM should have Meltas. Nothing that fears Flamers can take a charge from a bunch of Khornate CSM, but the Melta lets you threaten a much wider array of targets.

You should split those big CSM squads up.
>>
File: World Eaters - 1850pts (2).jpg (244KB, 900x1349px) Image search: [Google]
World Eaters - 1850pts (2).jpg
244KB, 900x1349px
>>50723362
Tweaked the list to favor MSU
>>
>>50723351
Each Horror squad is putting out, on average, 2.625 autocannon hits per turn (75% chance of success on 2 dice, BS3). That's not a game-breaking amount of firepower, and it's not that hard to start reducing the fire power by knocking a Pink Horror off of each squad.

Tzeentch Daemons are a strong army, but without Summoning or 2+ save gimmicks they aren't that bad.
>>
>>50723341
>Hammy
I that some meme youtuber?
>>
>>50723393
I think Armor would actually be more valuable for the DP than Flight. At T5, he's actually fairly vulnerable to small arms and regular S4 melee attacks. His 5++ isn't that much worse than a 4+ Jink, and it's cheaper to boot. Of course, both is good, too.

Why does the one Chosen have a combi-melta?

I think I like naked Terminators over Melta Chosen. They're pretty good at shredding light-to-medium armor with Mauls in CC, and they're more resistant to light arms.
>>
>>50723236

Just because they are painted different, doesn't make them a different model anon.
>>
>>50723413

Haemonculus,

>JustDarkEldarThings
>>
PLASTIC GREAT UNCLEAN ONE WHEN
>>
>>50723434
Just convert a Glottkin. It even gives a Herald of Nurgle/Sorcerer for free.
>>
>>50723431
>Haemonculus
maybe fabulous bill.
>>
>>50723438

You basically don't even need to convert it. Just build it without the dudes riding it.
>>
>>50723235

>They brought more in with a 1 per customer limit, still sold out again in about 20 minutes.

>my order is still pending

fffffffffffuck. I need the new canoness to basically finish my SoB collection.
>>
>>50723174
Plasma vets, executioner, demolisher, pask, massed lasguns also do pretty well.
>>
>>50723438

>for free
66£ vs 38£

>>50723444
twice almost three times the height with horns and goes on a 130 mm base as opposed to a 50mm.

I'm all for conversions but that's like subbing a Dread for Calgar.
>>
>>50723480
if they made a new GUO it would be glottkin sized
>>
>>50723480
New Bloodthirster is significantly larger than the old one. The same will almost certainly be true for all the other Greater Daemons. It will be priced similarly as well. So go fuck yourself, you myopic, contrarian shitlicker.
>>
>>50723480

The new Bloodthirster is HUGE compared to the old one. The rest of the GDs will be the same.
>>
>>50723493
Funny you calling me a shitlicker with that pottymouth of yours.
>>
>>50723499
>>50723493
>>50723485
Man, nothing brings out the posts like sheer retardation.
>>
>>50723132
Check the flaming ball on the khopesh too...
>>
How's my bad NL list?

Murder Talon 1000pts

>Warband

Lord -145
Jump pack, Aura, Claws of the Black Hunt

Terminators x5 -220
Champ w/ Combi-Plas and axe
Combi-plas + PF x2
Dual Claws
Autocanon w/ axe

Hellbrute
MM+PF

Raptors x5
Melta x2
Champ w/ Combi-Melta

CSM x5 -190
Plasma
Dread Claw

CSM x5 -190
Plasma
Dread Claw

>Spawn
Spawn
>>
>>50723519
The one circled in red?
>>
>>50723526
>Reaper Autocannon on Terminators
>5 man Terminator squad
>CSM combat squads in Dreadclaws
You could make a worse list, but this is pretty shitty.
>>
>>50723528
Man am I blind.

Seriously though, would it have killed them to gap fill on and file off the mold lines on such a sweet paint job?
>>
>>50723526
Using a dreadclaw for a measly 5 man squad seems to be intentionally bad.
>>
>>50723542
>implying a 100 point dedicated assault transport with no guns is a poor choice for a 90 point shooting unit
Look out, we've got a tactical genius over here.
>>
File: 1475506789780.png (631KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475506789780.png
631KB, 1280x720px
>>50723526
Pretty fucking bad, yeah. I'd scratch all that and go back to the drawing board if I were you.
>>
>>50723534
>>50723542

Keep in mind that I'm bringing them up from 30k and I'm more looking for a fluffy type of list, not an "I hate friends and absolutely must WAAC everything" kind of a list.

The Dreadclaws don't get "shooting" but they can still do damage with their blasts, jink, and have ObSec.

Should I double up the CSM squads inside them?

>>50723581

I just want to use Dread Claws with my Night Lords like in 30k.
>>
>>50723554
Man, who pissed up your ass?
>>
>>50723591
lolwut

>>50723589
Dreadclaws are mediocre at the best of times. Using them to carry five man CSM squads that aren't even planning on charging is just retarded. 20% of your list is a pair of drop pods.

If you absolutely have to have a Dreadclaw, take one (singular) and throw a 10 man squad in it with double meltas and a weapon, or ditch the Lord's Jump Pack and throw him in there, or cut that Terminator squad into something more cost-effective and use the points to buy a Sorcerer and throw him in there.
>>
Are sorcerors just useful for applying buffs, or can they be decent purely for offensive casting?
>>
>>50723589
>Keep in mind that I'm bringing them up from 30k and I'm more looking for a fluffy type of list, not an "I hate friends and absolutely must WAAC everything" kind of a list.

CSM just got a book of real goodies but they're still CSM, if your 1000 points fluffy list gets your friends to scream "WAAC" at you you need better fucking friends.

If you play night lords, you get Raptors as troops and your lord gets a free jump pack, so try and capitalize on that a bit. Not saying "use formations" because 1000 pts is not enough for 40k CSM formations, but at least take advantage of the free shit you get, I mean why not.

>>50723626
This anon has it, if you absolutely must field a Dreadclaw, at least fill it up. I would also advise against fielding terminators, you should have enough Deep Strike as-is if you really need it.

And for fuck's sake don't take the Reaper Autocannon I know the model is super cool but 25 fucking points for a twin-linked autocannon on a fucking terminator where you can give combi-weapons to a five-man squad for the same amount of points and kill five times the stuff? There's fluffy and then there's completely fucking insane. Codex pricing is not your fault but come on, do you want casual armies to table you by turn 3?
>>
THICC
>>
So now that we finally have official rules for this motherfucker... Is it actually worth it or would you just chip in some extra and buy a Warhound, both in points and pounds?

>it's 30k only
o i am laffin but my friend plays Questoris so I'm probably going to have to deal with it either way.
>>
>>50723658
>>50723660
knightmind
>>
>>50723639
Heretech is pretty great for going after vehicles.

For anti-infantry and anti-monster, it can do okay, but it's too reliant on generating one good power out of a particular discipline. You're better off going for the buffs and using the Witchfires as a fallback.

Biomancy is a pretty good all-around support discipline for CSM. Iron Arm and Warp Speed are great if you're looking to go into CC, Endurance and Enfeeble are GOAT-tier, and both Smite and Life Leech are decent for Witchfires. The only real stinker is Haemorrhage, but most disciplines have far more than one shitty spell.

There's nothing more enjoyable than having your Sorcerer go full Hulk mode in low point value games with Iron Arm and Warp Speed.

If you really want to do nothing but fling Witchfires, grab Psychic Shriek for starters, then decide what other targets you want to go after. Warp Shock and Dragon's Breath for light infantry, Fury of the Gods and Smite for MEQ's.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Anons, I need help: I never cared too much about 40k fluff, but I care just enough to feel a need to justify my color scheme (and I really want to get into the narrative more). My question is does such homebrew make sense lore-wise:
- a Black Legion subfaction
- consists mostly of legioneers of other legions
- consider boons of chaos as means to an end and useful tools, while not realising how consumed by it they've actually become
- they still believe that freeing humanity as a whole from the lie that is the cult of the emperor should be the ultimate goal (that's what horus' heresy was all about, right?)

You probably realised I'm trying really hard to justify being free to use any Legion Tactics I please, but isn't it in the spirit of Chaos Undivided?

Also wouldn't mind some tips on the actual painting scheme: I was thinking either a) black legion, with god-specific colored pauldrons, when appropriate, b) same, but with one pauldron god specific, and the other black, c) same, but with one god-specific, and the other one red (but scared it would make it all a clusterfuck of colors, despite having all the capes and hair red anyways).
>>
Is it just me or are these rules incomplete? The fuck is an Irad Cleanser? The Ocular Augmetics reference turning hits within 12" into Destroyer, but it doesn't limit it to the Magna-Lascannons.
>>
>>50723726
>Does such a homebrew make sense
>proceeds to describe the Black Legion almost to a T
r u srs?
>>
>>50723726
>that's what horus' heresy was all about, right?
lol no
>>
>>50723726

First of all, you basically described the Black Legion.

Also, do this.

>but with one pauldron god specific, and the other black
>>
>>50723726
>t-this totally isn't the Black Legion
>>
>>50723758
Chunks of the Word Bearers believed that at some point in time.

It was certainly never a significant motivator for most legions. Most of them just went renegade because daddy said so, and most of the primarchs went renegade because of mass Chaos conspiracy and/or loyalty to Horus.

The funny thing about the Horus Heresy that GW/BL/FW doesn't really deal with is that it was entirely justified/rational for the astartes to rebel. The Emperor disappeared at the culmination of their efforts to reconquer the galaxy to work on some new project. The last time the Emperor did something like that was when he unveiled the astartes and used them to wipe out the Thunder Warriors right at the culmination of their campaign to conquer Terra. It was only logical for the primarchs to fear a repeat of that experience.
>>
File: 1467570348762.gif (2MB, 1722x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1467570348762.gif
2MB, 1722x1720px
>Nottingham GW HQ
>How are we going to sell Thousand Sons boxes? They're very niche.
>Wait a minute... I have an idea... three words
>Favoured of Tzeentch
>>
>>50723744
Irad censer is a 30k weapon:
>Template S2 AP5 Fleshbane Rad-Phage
>Rad-Phage: anything suffering a wound from this weapon is at -1T for the rest of the battle

The Ocular Augmentics are also a 30k thing, because they're available on many units (mostly other knights) I assume the destroyer bit is just covering bases/future proofing. Good job on the reading comprehension, by the way.
>>
>>50723755
>>50723761
Didn't know it's pretty much BL lore, gon' read up, thx
>>50723758
Could you give me a really short rundown then, please?
>>
>>50723791
>The funny thing about the Horus Heresy that GW/BL/FW doesn't really deal with is that it was entirely justified/rational for the astartes to rebe
This is literally touched upon ad nauseum in most of the books though it usually goes the way of "d-daddy isn't praising us for being good anymore? We'll show him" than "he must be planning something bad!".
>>
>>50723792
Even if Favored of Tzeentch was just a default command benefit of the Grand Coven, Thousand Sons still wouldn't be that good.
>>
>>50723833
>This is literally touched upon ad nauseum in most of the books though it usually goes the way of "d-daddy isn't praising us for being good anymore? We'll show him" than "he must be planning something bad!".
Those are entirely different things. "Daddy isn't praising me enough" isn't a rational reason to launch a galaxy wide rebellion. "Prior experiences imply that daddy is actively working towards stabbing me in the back" is a rational reason to rebel.
>>
>>50723849

>"Daddy isn't praising me enough" isn't a rational reason to launch a galaxy wide rebellion.

Literally Perturabo.
>>
>>50723534
whats so bad about reaper auto cannons?
>>
So...why did Mortarion side with Horus? Like, he seems to have had no motivation to do so beyond Horus being the only Primarch who was friends with him. And that's hardly a justification.
>>
>>50723875
>So...why did Mortarion side with Horus?
he hated the emperor for killing his demon dad. he also hated the emperor for being a psyker and not killing all of the psykers

basically he was retarded
>>
>>50723888
>basically he was a space marine
FTFY, Khorne.
>>
>>50723863
There's nothing inherently wrong with a Twin-Linked Autocannon. On Chaos Terminators, though, it's massively overpriced, especially compared to the combi-weapons that they can take. On Helbrutes it's an okay weapon, but it's pretty gay that we pay as much for it as loyalists pay for an actual TL'ed Autocannon. On the Defiler, it comes twin-linked, giving it quadruple-linkage.

In general, it's just a very poorly thought out, poorly implemented weapon.
>>
>>50721727
Yes but it will drastically reduce the power of Talos to levels of usefulness even below Hellions.
>>
>>50723541

im guessing they did it in 1 day, thats why it looks like shit. The paint job isnt that good either, its just decently airbrushed. Look at the wings, they havent highlighted or anything.
>>
>>50723837
Not OP but they're definitely be a lot fucking stronger. Rubrics would rarely die and Scarab Occult would be next to immortal.
>>
>>50723875
>>50723803
Mortarion, Alpharius, and Fulgrim all went traitor because of their closeness to Horus. Alpharius may or may not have originally gone rogue in order to weaken the rebels from the inside and/or in order to fulfill the dictates of a cabal of retarded xenos seers.

Magnus went rogue because of pervasive and widespread Tzeentch corruption coupled with Russ being sent to kill him OR Russ deciding to kill him despite the Emperor's orders OR Horus changing the Emperor's orders. It's kinda a big mess of conflicting accounts due to GW/BL/FW's poor editorial oversight.

Perty and Angron went rogue because they had personal issues with the Emperor and were close to Horus.

Lorgar went rogue because he's a whiny bitch and extremely gullible. Turns out his adoptive father, Kor Phaeron, was literally preserving and seeding Chaos cults throughout the Imperium for the entirety of his time in the Great Crusade.

Magnus, Perturabo, Angron, and Lorgar all fell at least in part due to the Emperor being a massive retard.
>>
Anyone has the picture where GW said to not trust things said by a guy in a bin?
>>
File: 1481802963654.jpg (3MB, 3200x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1481802963654.jpg
3MB, 3200x1640px
To the guy who made this image or anyone else that can help, how the fuck did you get the glaze to sit properly, no matter how long I wait how thin, or heavy I paint this shit wont layer on evenly.
>>
Anyone watching the GW stream today?

GSC vs Ultramarines then SW vs TSons in an alter of war game from WoM.
>>
Babby's first GSC list w. Astra support.

Genestealer Cult 1850

Primary Detachment: Cult Insurrection Detachment

Command: First Curse
HQ1: Patriarch (90) Lv2 (25) [115]
Elite1: 20 Purestrain Genestealers [280]

Core: Brood Cycle
HQ1: Acolyte Iconward (65) Icon of the Cult Accendant(30) [95]
Troop1: 5 Acolyte Hybrids [40]
Troop2: 5 Acolyte Hybrids [40]
Troop3: 5 Acolyte Hybrids [40]
Troop4: 10 Neophyte Hybrids (50) Shotguns (0) [50]
Troop5: 10 Neophyte Hybrids (50)
Elite1: 5 Hybrid Metamorphs (45)
Elite2: 5 Purestrain Genestealers [70]

Auxillary: Subterranean Uprising
HQ1: Primus (75)
Troop1: 5 Acolyte Hybrids (40)
Troop2: 5 Acolyte Hybrids (40)
Elite1: 5 Hybrid Metamorphs (45)

Auxillary: The Doting Throng
HQ1: Magus (40) Psyker lv2 (25) [65]
Troop1: 10 Neophyte Hybrids (50) Mining Laser (15) [65]
Troop2: 10 Neophyte Hybrids (50) Mining Laser (15) [65]
Troop3: 5 Acolyte Hybrids (40)

Secondary Detachment: Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company
HQ1: Company Command Squad (60pts) Chimera (65) [125]
NOSLOT: Enginseer [40]
HS1: Basilisk Battery [125]
HS2 Wyvern Battery (65) additional wyvern (65) [130]
HS3 Manticore Battery [170]
>>
>>50723920
Scarab Occult with default FoTz would be pretty baller, yes. Rubrics though are still extremely expensive for how little they can actually do. It would help protect them from small arms fire, but not enough to make up for the awful cost effectiveness.

It would definitely make them a decent casual army. My point was more that you could just give FoTz to them for free and the army still wouldn't be close to OP (without Magnus).
>>
>>50723962
They could play SoB/Ork vs riptide wing or Eldar Wraith Knight just to see the face of the SoB/Ork player suffering. Maybe that way GW can give Space Marines a better codex
>>
>>50723958
You need less on your brush.

>Load your brush
>Wipe the brush gently a couple of times on a sponge or tissue
>go nuts
>>
>>50723958
Honestly, I think your best bet is to just get an air brush. I've been experimenting for months trying to do FW/Iron Man style Thousand Sons via brush, and it just doesn't turn out that well. I just said fuck it and have decided to do the artificer tint+metallic paint thing.
>>
>>50723975
If enough ask for it, it'll probably happen. It'd be hilarious too.
>>
>>50723958
Make sure you don't have a lot of it in your brush, so it doesn't pool at all
>>
File: sistersfagsbtfo.jpg (32KB, 337x321px) Image search: [Google]
sistersfagsbtfo.jpg
32KB, 337x321px
>>50723957
>>
>>50723992
Where could I ask for this? So I can make a bot and spam it or simply have /tg/ meme magic do it
>>
>>50724017
On their twitch stream chat, probably. But you have to subscribe to talk.
>>
>>50724014
Anyone found the source yet? I've been looking and I think they deleted it.
>>
>>50723981
>>50723987
>>50723994
Thanks guys, and to the tint thing, I thought of that too but it's so much it's $75 here and I only need the blue tint, and it's only 3 mil pots. I mean how many pots will that fill?
>>
>>50723170
I wish otherwise, but i have accepted total defeat. its easier.
>>
>>50724032
Damage control GW still thinks it is on the 90's and does not understand how social media works.

They are so out of touch with their consumer, that they where confuse as fuck about how well the Canonness sold
>>
>>50724032
It's in one of the discussions about Veridyan, good luck sifting through all of the autism finding it though.
>>
>>50724049
>Damage control GW still thinks it is on the 90's and does not understand how social media works.

Not the same Anon you replid to, but what did they do wrong?
>>
>>50724032
Facebook post under the canoness news. But it was deleted cause too many people were... hmm... complaining about the sister policy.
>>
>>50723875
>So...why did Mortarion side with Horus?
pretty simple, famalamamalam

>In the charismatic Warmaster, Mortarion found a mentor who seemed to understand his goals and appreciate his methods. So close did Mortarion appear to be to Horus, in fact, it is believed that at least two of the other Primarchs, Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines and the ever watchful, ever taciturn Corax of the Raven Guard, approached the Emperor with concerns about where the master of the Death Guard's loyalties lay. The story of his allegiance to the Emperor won through his own failure was by then well-known, and anyone with even a passing familiarity with Mortarion knew that the pallid Primarch chafed at it. The Emperor is said to have dismissed their concerns with a wave; loyalty to Horus was de facto loyalty to the Emperor.

>unlike some of the other Primarchs, Horus did not need to resort to ritual possession to win the Death Guard to his side. Horus promised that under his rule the old order would fall, and a new age would dawn, a just age with right ensured by the mighty. Mortarion turned on the Imperium as he had turned on the overlords of Barbarus, and joined the rebellion which would forever sunder the Imperium - the Horus Heresy. What he did not know then was the price he would be called upon to pay.

Mort's motivations were pretty simple. He hated tyrants, and the Emperor was very obviously one. That's why he didn't pledge himself to chaos like most other primarchs. He was forced into it by Typhus.
>>
>>50724049
basically. they said plastic sisters ARE a JOKE. now i think possibly it may happen 7-10 years down the line , possibly.

but probably not.
>>
>>50724064
Look at the image. They deleted the post where they took a shit on the consumer asking for plastic SoB.

Basically they called him stupid for falling into the plastic SoB joke inside the trash bin.
>>
>>50724074
that leaves open does Mort want to be "saved"?
>>
>>50724073
>>50724095
It wasn't deleted.
>>
>>50724103
No.

All he wanted to do was overthrow the aliens on barbarus and sit in his swamp all day long. Now that he's a daemon prince, he can do just that. Forever.
>>
File: HeavyBolter6.jpg (54KB, 534x363px) Image search: [Google]
HeavyBolter6.jpg
54KB, 534x363px
so I've been into 40k for about a year now, but I want to get into the TTG. I know what chapter I wanna get, I just wanna know 3 things:
1. Which game do I get first? Although Space Hulk looks fun
2. Is painting hard? Are there guides?
3. Will I need to sell my soul+ 3 firstborns to get a decent well-sized army?
>>
>>50724136
>2. Is painting hard?
It's not hard to be okay at painting. Being good will require some practice.
> Are there guides?

Check the OP of the WIP threads, >>50723898

They always have scans of most GW guides.
>>
>>50724136
>1. Which game do I get first? Although Space Hulk looks fun

if you are starting out space marines, the betrayal of calth is probably the best value you can get but you dont get a rulebook with it

deathmasque or the dark angels starter box are still good value but have 2 factions in, plus rulebook

>2. Is painting hard? Are there guides?
depends how much effort you put into it, there are tonnes of guides online

>3. Will I need to sell my soul+ 3 firstborns to get a decent well-sized army?

assuming you buy the models for 1850 points (generally the largest you will go) and nothing else, you are looking at between £280 to £450, greyknights are the cheapest faction to make a large army but they arnt really suited to a new player
>>
File: Shrektarion.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shrektarion.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>>50724132
Is Mortarion ______Shrek?________
>>
>>50724136
40k is the game.

>2. Is painting hard? Are there guides?
It varies with army, generally it's 90% technique and patience, most fuckups are due to rushing in and smearing paint on.

WIP on /tg/ is a solid place for advice, but there's tonnes of guides, within googleable distance.

>3. Will I need to sell my soul+ 3 firstborns to get a decent well-sized army?
Depends on the army of choice, the theme and the army size.
As a new player I'd aim for increments of 500 points so you can afford it and paint it.
>>
>>50724189
>Nurgle the Unclean, elevated the Primarch to daemonhood and gave Mortarion what the Emperor had denied him, and what Horus had not been able to provide: a world of his own. Mortarion became the overlord of a world of poison, horror, and misery. He had come home.
pretty much

I don't really understand the outrage over him getting beaten by grey knights, but I was a little upset mortarion was shown as leaving the warp to do things. Dude just wants to sit in his stupid swamp and be left alone.
>>
>>50724136
If you're just getting into it and don't know if you want to commit yet, the Kill Team starter box is a good start.
>>
What's the best way to guarantee reserve rolls in chaos, daemons or marines
>>
>>50723744
>>50723660
>>50723658
Doesn't have 40k rules yet, but they're on the way apparently.
>>
>>50724189
No he`s a [spoiler[ fucking pussy and a total loser [/spoiler]
>>
Where can I download the Stormtroopers codex? I cant find it in the mega.
>>
>>50724243
Cheating
>>
>>50724326
stormtroopers are now called militarum tempestus
>>
>>50724345
Still cant find it in the mega. Am I just blind?
>>
>>50724354
Are you using the correct mega?
>>
>>50724363
Im using this link
>>
>>50724369
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

its on this one at the very least, just under legion of the damned
>>
>>50724382
Thank you anon, have some propaganda for your effort.
>>
>>50722902
Wolves cant even defeat a single demon prince without having to resort to using Khorne Demon weapons.

They were also retcon-ed into the Emperor's personal bitches in the HH series, with only major losses to the traitors.

Wolves went from the "badass Viking marines" to the ultimate cucks of 40k.
>>
>>50724394
mfw i play tau and tempestus and you gave me propaganda for both of them
>>
>>50724400
Have some more.
>>
So...Renagade Knights, good for 1 in a 1500 point list, 2 in 3000?

I was thinking Thermal cannon Chainsword with Storm missiles, and wrecking other vehicles days. I am slightly worried that it might be a little much but I love the look of Knights.

Have thought about using a Hyperion to proxy one for a game once I get my feet back under me just to make sure I want it.
>>
File: 400px-Itsyourempiretoo.png (46KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Itsyourempiretoo.png
46KB, 400x600px
>>50724445
>>
>>50723660
>Is it actually worth it or would you just chip in some extra and buy a Warhound, both in points and pounds?

There are very few things in the game that match the Warhound in terms of points efficiency, so this will probably not be anywhere close.

I think the prototype rules had super lascannons, not turbo lasers so I doubt it will match a warhound in utility, but will probably cost about half the points.

Its about the size of the Warhound, if monetarily costed similar then a warhound will mostly be worth more then this walking turret.
>>
>>50724445
either she has an exctraordinarily long thumb, or too many fingers and poor trigger discipline.
>>
>tfw starting 40k
>tfw your chosen army also happens to be FotM

Something else needs to hurry up and come out so I don't look like a bandwagoner for picking Death Guard.
>>
>>50723962
Are they recording the streams? I missed the first one.

Actually, where are they even streaming it, and when? I'm completely clueless about this stream thing.
No bully.
>>
>>50724445
better, in return here is my army destroying filthy non-militarum humans (including a ghostkeel holding a drop pod door away from his face)
>>
File: Tempestus Scions - 750pts.jpg (151KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
Tempestus Scions - 750pts.jpg
151KB, 900x598px
Ok, so after consulting the codex, I`ve crafted myself a 750 points of Stormtroopers. What do you guys think?
>>
>>50724396
You Magnus who placed wards on himself to be immune to all Imperial weapons, mundane and holy.

And the axe isn't a daemon weapon. It was reforged into a WOOF weapon.
>>
File: Tau_Battlesuit_vs_Smurf.jpg (14KB, 289x378px) Image search: [Google]
Tau_Battlesuit_vs_Smurf.jpg
14KB, 289x378px
>>50724481
Last thing I have bout the bluies.
>>
>>50724478
yes they're recorded

and they're streaming on twitch at 15:00 GMT, so in about 40-30 minutes.
>>
>>50724478
Twitch and they are recording them, but you have to pay 5$ to watch the archive.
>>
>>50724486
swap the melta guns over to to hellrain brigade scion unit, that way if they die you can get them back

drop the storm bolters, you will only be snapfiring them if the taurox moves, then you can get 2 gatling cannons, or a battle cannon and a missile launcher

other than that it should get the job done
>>
>>50724243
For daemons.
Have a different unit of the same alignment with a musician in deepstrike with him. If they pass their reserve roll they can use the music to make him automatically pass with them.
>>
I love the tyranids but I don't know how to build an army that doesn't suck. Please help.
>>
>>50724486
>>50724519

oh, you also cant have a plasma gun on the medi-pack guy, generally the common setup for them is either 4x plasma guns with no FNP, or 3x plasma guns with FNP to protect the warlord
>>
>>50724514
Cheaper than a date. About the same dispointing result.

Pure value there. Wonder why it didn't had the GW tax
>>
>>50724545
2 sets of 30 termi's to get 2 of the bigguns that shits them out

add 2 mawlocs and zoan/venomthrope

fill with flyrants
>>
>>50724205
>I don't really understand the outrage over him getting beaten by grey knights,

The problem wasn't that he was beaten, the problem was HOW he was beaten, simply as a way to make Kalador Draigo sound cooler.

A very disrespectful way to treat a character like a primarch, especially when that was the first real recorded case of him leaving the eye since the heresy.

The novel salvaged it slightly, making it less Draigo but Mortarion's true name fucking him over, after he kicks the shit out of the Grey Knights leading up to it. But still.

Compare how they handled it to Angron's First war of Armageddon about 10 or so years ago and you can see how a primarch's return should REALLY be handled.
>>
>>50724519
So I guess if the medguy cant have a plasma, neither do Standar bearer and vox guy?
>>
>>50724481
>typical space marine player with grey models
>>
>>50724564
>flyrants
You mean tyrants with wings and nothing else?
>>
>>50724572
They only have so many hands, anon.
>>
>>50724572
correct, vox casters and standard bearers cant have special weapons

also vox casters on every squad is fluffy but useless, your command squads will issue orders to themselves anyway, so you might aswell save the points

>>50724606
this is his latest army out of 5, everything else is painted iirc
>>
>>50724615
No, Flyrants just means Flying Tyrants. You are probaby going to want gear on it.
>>
>>50724634
Since Im a filthy casual beginner its fluff>crunch for me as for now.But I do thank you for the advice.
>>
>>50724627
Celestian Command Squad (now elite choice yay! ) can duel wield 2 special weapons.

For 200 points you can have:
4x Flamer + Combi-Plasma
1x Hospitaller that grants FnP
Immolator with TL-MM.

Sadly that is the best squad SoB can have. And it was due to GW incompetence and copy pasted Imperial Agent codex
>>
>>50724615
Flyrant = Tyrant + Wings + 2x Twin-linked devourers with brain leech + electro shock grubs
>>
File: IMG_3227.jpg (61KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3227.jpg
61KB, 600x620px
He's here!
>>
>>50724707
And looks just as retarded as all titans do
>>
>>50724564
Should I use Tyrant Guards? The rules are a little weird on them, I'm not sure how they work.
>>
So i've a 1k tourney later today where troops gain bonuses for kills.

Sofar i've got zhadsnark and a pk bikerboss

2x20 grots
Just can't decide whether to go with

2x20 boys with shootas and 2x6 warbikers

2x20 boys with sluggas and 2x7 warbikers

2x12 boys with whatever in trukks and warbikers spending the point difference.
>>
File: 1457157159594.jpg (438KB, 564x818px) Image search: [Google]
1457157159594.jpg
438KB, 564x818px
Where the fuck is the space marine codex in the MEGA? I've checked like 5 times and I still can't find it
>>
File: Tempestus Scions - 750pts.jpg (151KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
Tempestus Scions - 750pts.jpg
151KB, 900x599px
>>50724634
Alright,I changed it up a bit, should be better. Also, how many special weapons do you get per box of scions? Im getting 2x Start collecting and a bonus box and Im not sure if I`ll have enough volley and plasma guns.
>>
>>50724741
>the
There's not just the one.
>>
>>50724741
Haha, get rekt loyalist fag.
>>
File: banner page.png (579KB, 1116x525px) Image search: [Google]
banner page.png
579KB, 1116x525px
www twitch tv/ warhammer

Stream starts in about 10 minutes.

I'll bet GSC beats the shit out of the Ultrasmurfs.
>>
>>50722416
Hellbrute really doesn't fit AL's theme.
>>
>>50724752
IIRC you'll have 2 of each special weapon in each start collecting.
>>
>>50724762
?
>>
Soooooo i was thinking since im not gonaa spend 90 Eurobucks on a vehicle from Forgeworld how about making my own?
So i thought id use a Leman Russ tracks and thats basicaly how far i got any tips, i know this is insane but i want to believe it works
>>
>>50724813
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

Three megas that more than one
>>
File: IW 2k.png (213KB, 733x1063px) Image search: [Google]
IW 2k.png
213KB, 733x1063px
>>50724768
This should be fun
Also how's my IW list?

:^)
>>
Which Imperial Knight should I get first for my War Convocation and how should I equip it?

Going to be in House Malinax colours (Roughly the same scheme as the new Knight, but obviously a bit different since I don't have an airbrush and don't know the exact colours.)
>>
>>50724784
Thats my problem with Night Lords and Alpha Legion on the tabletop. You cant really emulate thier style of warfare.

>>50724802
If the normal box also gives 2 of each weapon, I should be fine, since I need 1 Nade launcher, 2 meltas, 4 volley guns and 5 plasma. Bearly, but still.
>>
>>50724707
>that Xana/Malinax iconography

Unff
>>
File: AM-KriosVenator2.jpg (233KB, 1500x1122px) Image search: [Google]
AM-KriosVenator2.jpg
233KB, 1500x1122px
>>50724826
Yeah, go for it. That sort of thing never ends up looking retarded.
>>
>>50724453
You could take a Chaos Knight Errant for that role. If you buy a Mark for it, it becomes Daemon and gets a nice invul save. If you are running KDK it also produces blood tithe.
The downside is that you need CAD or an allied detachment to take them, unlike Renegade Knights, but if you want oje of the "standard" loadouts (Errant/Paladin) a Chaos Knight is a straight up better choice with its invul save. The benefits of Renegade Knights are the customization (double autocannon for the ultimate dakka) and the fact that they have their own formation so are easier to take if you are running a detachment.
>>
>>50724830
Yeah nah cheers mate. Thought older stuff meant older editions of the codex.
>>
>>50724837
The regular 5 man scions squad box only gives 1 special weapon of each kind.
>>
Anyone else goign to be watching the GW Steam?
I want to sit with /tg/ and be comfy
>>
>>50724898
Fug, I just made it with plasma then. Why though, is GW a bigger bunch of jews then I thought?
>>
File: 1481312669735.jpg (147KB, 550x425px) Image search: [Google]
1481312669735.jpg
147KB, 550x425px
>>50724899
I am.

Gonna work on basecoating my Word Bears while I do it.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 750pts.jpg (66KB, 900x316px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 750pts.jpg
66KB, 900x316px
>>50721535
750pt imperial guard list for a games night on Sunday.

the brief was "750pts tactical platoon level skirmish with a max of 1 vehicle"

My list looking any good?
>>
>>50724916
gotta get the little jimmies to buy those extra kits anon
>>
>>50724932
Please somebody tell me its a meme...
Please.
>>
if the japanese find 40k good how much do we have to have an anime ?
>>
File: 1440551485833.jpg (60KB, 850x470px) Image search: [Google]
1440551485833.jpg
60KB, 850x470px
>>50724932
>>
What's the best way to use Dread Claws in 40k?
>>
>>50724942
Well, not gonna cry though, the more stormy boys the better. Also, is gatling cannon and hunter killers in the Start Collecting too? I really hope I wont have to go bitz hunting.
>>
>>50724932
I don't know whether to salute you or chastise you.
>>
>>50724932

>Hunter killer missile
It's trash.
>>
>>50724768
I wonder if the blatant imbalances in the TS codex will show, especially in how weak and over costed rubrics are and how their terminators lack ap2.
>inb4 space wolves only bring a ton of foot slogging power armour marines
>no wulfen or thunder wolves with storm shields
>look guys, you can make a powerful TS list :^))))
>>
>>50724964
I'm pretty sure the taurox sprues included have all the upgrades available.
>>
>>50724932
Well, for a fair fight play the Admech guys, I guess. Some Breachers or haywire Skittles would do fine, and the Neutron Lasers and haywire attacks from the Dominus should hurt it nicely.

Also you're a despicable human being due to that being a LoW and a brilliant human being for using Baneblades over Knights, so I am ambivalent on this.
>>
>>50724961
The same like any drop pod? Load em up with the killiest shit in your list, drop em where you need something dead and hope the dice gods don't betray you.
>>
>>50724932
Should be 751 points. Apply yourself/10.
>>
>>50724926
Cool, i'm Insomnia
I wonder if i can get mentioned
>>
>>50724998

What counts as "the killiest" in this case? I /want/ to use chosen with Lightning Claws, but that would be so fucking expensive in points for something that is likely extremely underwhelming.
>>
The twitch stream has the GSC HQ listed as a "Magos" not a "Magus". That made me think there was Mechanicum here for a second.

I hope they run some 30k on that channel eventually, would be nice to see my robits doing some murder.
>>
>>50724996
Emperor be praised, at least thats something fun.
Also
>tfw no memes with your army.
at least I can proxy IG memes as MT ones
>>
>>50724834
I'm not sold on the terminators + land raider to be honest. I reckon you could get more value out of ditching the raider at least. Aside from that your list looks solid enough. What's your local meta like? Who plays what and how much of a cheeseball are they?
>>
File: 1481896614235[1].png (24KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1481896614235[1].png
24KB, 128x128px
>>50724968
>>
>>50725025
For CSM? That depends a lot on your local meta. Who plays what and how much of a cheeseball are they?
>>
>>50723341
Just do a headswap with an extra infantry head. Headswaps are one of the easiest conversions to do. Alternatively you could use Fabius Bile.
>>
>>50724982
ULTRA MARINES VS GSC ON THE WARHAMMER STREAM

Space marine captain
5 tac marines in razorback, 10 in a rhino, 10 in a drop pod
10 scouts with a missle launcher
2 squads of 1 dreadnought
10 assault marines with jump packs
10 devistator a with heavy bolters
1 storm talon
1 whirlwind

VS

1 patriarch, 1 primus, 1 magos
4 aberrants
3 units of 8 acolytes
3 units of 10 neophytes
1 rock grinder
6 metamorphs
1 unit of 8 purestrains and 2 units of 5

No other wargear or formations stated
PLACE YOUR BETS!
>>
>>50725045
It was a list i came up with in like 10 mins in case i felt like dumping a few hundred after WoM

Decided to wait until 8th
>>
>>50725067
maaaan. I haven't seen a ten man dev squad in forever.
>>
>>50725081
Fair enough.
>>
>>50725059

There's not that much at the moment. Occasionally a group shows up that plays a bunch of stuff from SM, IG, Orks, and Nurgle daemons, then there's a new player with KDK, and my friend who rarely plays anymore with Eldar. I also have a friend with space pups, but he's around even less.
>>
>>50725067
Eldar win
>>
>you have to pay to use chat on WH twitch
Really? REALLY?
>>
>>50725067
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/thousand-sons-warhammer-live-16-12-2016

The Thousand Sons list is up. They're bringing Magnus, surprise surprise.
>>
>>50725098
Well, safest bet would be Havocs with 4 plasma guns. 3 Oblits are also a solid bet. If you want your squad to be more cc oriented, run a world eaters detachment and fill the Dread claws with CSM. Suddenly you have cheaper berserkers that won't break the bank. For extra cc value, put Kharn in there too and watch him go to town.
>>
>>50725123
I've got Amazon Prime already, so it's a bonus for me :^)
>>
>>50725123
You can always shit here for free, anon-kun~
>>
>>50725126
>They're bringing Magnus, surprise surprise.
"Magnus vs Grimmnar, LoW vs LoW totally equal fight."
>>
>>50725067
>REALLY TOUGH ARMY
>10 devs
>>
>>50725143
>Havoks with Plasma
>Oblits

Only CSM, Chosen, and Hellbrutes can take it as a dedicated unless it eats up a FA slot, which limits Decurion usage.

Also, I'm Night Lords
>>
Reckon they'd do alright auctioning off some of these tables for charity or something.
>>
>>50725067
I'm betting on the marines.
>>
File: nagash-vs-settra.jpg (141KB, 920x600px) Image search: [Google]
nagash-vs-settra.jpg
141KB, 920x600px
>>50725158
Did Logan's sleigh make an appearance in Wrath of Magnus?

>Having flashbacks of Nagash vs. Settra
>>
>>50725183
To be fair, versus GSC and it's ambushes, a 10 man dev squad with heavy bolters may actually useful once.
>>
>>50724481
That's some good looking white. How did you manage that?
>>
>>50724035
the tint set will last you your whole life unless you're a commission painter or somehow manage to paint hundreds of custom armies
>>
>>50725232
citadel paints ez pz
>>
>>50725232
corax, nuln oil and then use ulthuan when cleaning up mistakes and the shading to make it neater

closer picture of the yvhara, keel and bonus stormsurge
>>
>>50725288
m8 i do Vior'la sept and it's corax, ulthuan , agrax earthshade, then ultuan and white scar
>>
>>50725320
i like clean but i think white scar would make it too clean

i prefer nuln instead of agrax, the contrast between it and the white is better plus it fits machinery more
>>
File: file.png (346KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
346KB, 800x600px
Would the stormsurge get less hate is it was not a "suit" but rather a legged artillery piece?
>>
>>50725334
i weather with gorthor brown to make it less clean
>>
>>50725347
sounds interesting, pics?
>>
>>50725184
>Night Lord
Well now. That's going to be tough. My advice is to ignore the Dreadclaw and run the Raptor Talon if you plan on going decurion. If you are really into the Dread Claw, skip the decurion and run a Night Lords CAD. Use the FA slots for dreads and run a raptor talon if you need raptors.
>>
>>50725336
It would get less hate if it was a vehicle instead of a gargantuan creature.
And if it costed more
>>
>>50725126
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/thousand-sons-warhammer-live-16-12-2016
Is it an Unbound list? War Cabal+Ahriman+Magnus? Pretty great that they couldn't even make their shitty FBD work for their commercial.
>>
>>50725355
huh i think you'd be very disapointed ( mostly by the image quality) but i'm planning on buying a painting guide for tau
>>
>>50725381
even as a GC its still weak as shit when getting shot at

T6, 4++ FNP, not immune to blind

the issue with it is that if you get to go first, drone net + 1 stormsurge = 4 D missiles right into your GC straight away
>>
>>50725385
FBD? Their decurion?
>>
>>50725412
Yeah. Formation Based Detachment, Detachment of Formations, decurion.
>>
40k streams/vidcast with GoPros duct-taped to the players heads when? I can't see jack shit on this Warhammer Stream.
>>
>>50725486
I want some decent audio I can't hear anything they're saying
>>
>>50725381
>Eldar fags not understanding game balance
>>
>>50725507
>crap audio
>crap visibility
>crap lists
>crap commentary
They've done these with Sigmar before, haven't they? Is this an entirely different crew? Did they not look at how other people do it?
>>
Did the GSC even bother using their Cult Ambush rule? Their deployment looks an awful lot like they just deployed normally.

That Ultras list is Unbound I think. They said it was a Demi-Battle Company, but there are no formations that would give the remaining units.
>>
>>50725507
I think maybe they failed to do many wounds to the marines?
What happened to the drop pod?
The scouts are winning combat with something but I don't know what.
The fly over cam looks great but I can't pick anything out.
>>
>>50725526
>2 living pilots
>Called a ballistic suit rather than a battle suit
>operated by hammerhead pilots rather than battlesuit pilots
>It's even open topped rather than an enclosed cockpit
It has more in common with a tank than a suit
>>
>>50725558
Narrative game, so unbound is perfectly fine. Seems the GSC plan was to deploy in cover and weather the first turn, then redeploy, which to be fair is not a bad idea since the SM have the first turn.
>>
>>50725527
>technical errors
>they're just playing some video over and over while they try to fix it
INCOMPETENT
>>
Are they just going to loop this 30 second intro over and over again?
>>
>>50725594
Never said it didn't have any of those
Call back when wraithknights aren't complete bullshit
>>
thanion 5
>>
>>50725336
Rather it be a tank and be the Tau's Baneblade
>>
What's the best army for fielding a lot of bolters?

I really like boltguns, and wish they were more useful.
>>
>Dreadnought trying to climb a sheer wall

How is it supposed to do that anyway?
>>
>>50725626
REPORTS OF XENO BEASTS IN THE STREETS
>>
>>50725655
Imperial fists chapter tactics or Sentinels of Terra Space Marines. Bretty Good senpai.
>>
>>50725605
Technical errors are to be expected, but the rest isn't that good. It's definitely not something worth paying for.
>>
>>50725655
Imperial fists.

They re-roll all 1s to hit with every type of bolter (normal, storm, heavy, combi etc)
>>
>>50725655
Imperial Fists have Bolter Drill, that's an option thematically.
>>
>>50725659
With its powerfists
>or just go full kool-aid and walk through the wall.
>>
>>50725655
Inquisition Codex, Acolyte with Bolter they are darn cheap and can have Psybolt Chimeras.

"Trust the Bolter" if you throw enough dice at something and force enough saves it will eventually die
>>
>>50725659
Very carefully
>>
>>50725689
>Psybolt Chimeras
That got removed in IA
>>
>>50725655
Imperial Fist space marines. If you play 30k Legion you can have 20 man Tactical squads that can fire twice at BS5.

Alternatively, Inquisition. 5 pt Guardsmen with bolters, Chimerae with S6 heavy bolters, Inquisitors with bolt pistols and force axes/swords.
>>
>>50725718
No they did not. They went down from 5 fire points to 2 and gained lasgun arrays, but Psybolt ammunition is still the same upgrade.
>>
This stream sucks. I can't tell what the fuck is going on and the announcers are masturbating over lore rather than concentrating on the game.
>>
>>50725655

People have said IF, and that's probably the best, but Death Guard all have Relentless now, which means they can double tap their bolters a lot more efficiently, and fire heavy bolters on the move.
>>
>>50725745
X E N O B E A S T I N T H E S T R E E T S
E
N
O

B
E
A
S
T
S

I
N

T
H
E

S
T
R
E
E
T
S
>>
>>50725745
I don't mind them giving lore snippets, but I sure as shit don't want to listen to them prattle on about Bugman's Bar or other irrelevant shit.
>>
500 points White Scars list.
CAD
Captain
- Bike w/ Power Lance, Storm Shield, Primarch's Wrath

Bike Squad
- 2 Grav Guns

Bike Squad
- 2 Grav Guns

Bike Squad
- 2 Grav Guns

Scout Squad
- 5 Sniper Rifles
>>
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/space-wolves-warhammer-live-16-12-2016

Space Wolf list has zero Wulfen, zero Thunderwolves, zero Terminators.

They're going up against Magnus in the Altar of War mission that lets psyker channel extra Warp Charge (Fury of the Storm).
>>
>>50725810
>power lance
Stick him with a command squad on bikes with an Emp's champ with a spear, apothecary, and then give everybody either lances or flamers if you're going MEQ hunting.

Grav guns are good, but at low points you'll have trouble with hordes.
>>
>>50725829
>tsons are totally viable
>just look how they pwned the Space Wolves
>r-really
>buy new models
>>
>>50725853
Can't I just shoot the bolters at hordes or are the Grav Guns just overkill?
>>
>>50725436
Don't make up abbreviations that doesn't make sense. Say decurion like a normal person
>>
>>50725876
I didn't make it up. It's been the standard ITC parlance for a while.
>>
>>50725718
No they didn't, also I said Inquisition Codex not Imperial Agent you retard
>>
>>50725866
Well, I guess it depends. Bolters are okay but against hordes, you want max number of wounds, which is why flamers are good.

Essentially it's meta-dependent. With bikes, though, it isn't a huge deal. You can just cap objectives and be fine (depending on mission).
>>
>>50725829
They could have at least took 15 Blood Claws + Ulrik in the Stormwolf
Uncompetitive, but fun as fuck
>>
>>50725372

Well, raptors are troops, so I can just do that, too. Though the rerolling charges is nice.
>>
>>50725930
I could drop the Scouts and possibly one of the bike squads for a Thunderfire or a Devastator squad w/ 4 Missile Launchers. Would that be preferable?
>>
>>50725967
thunder for hordes with tshirts. Devastators are good agianst most things, but cannon is really THE shit agianst GEQs.
>>
Anyone have the Imperial Agents leak?
>>
File: KhorneMark.jpg (21KB, 256x249px) Image search: [Google]
KhorneMark.jpg
21KB, 256x249px
>>50725829
>Watching Based Duncan explain and narirate in detail as the already castrated wolves get their dicks kicked in by Thousand Sons...

MMMMMHHHHHH this will be a good day for sure...

Maybe they will let the Wolf Lord have a Bloodfeeder to try to make it match the lore...
>>
>>50725962
Assault from deep strike is the main thing. You can drop a melta bomb on a vehicle/MC or dodge shooting attacks.
>>
I updated my old Black Crusade Army, by dropping a Spawn, Blue Scribes, and downgrading the Pink Horrors to Blue Horrors, and giving my Sorcerer a Palanquin instead of a Bike. The Lord and Sorcerer join the Cultists to grant them Objective Secured and Crusader, and they're Fearless due to their Formation. Everything is Word Bearers; the plan is to use the free boons, and Nurgle buffs for support, with Voice of Lorgar letting me also get some Furious Charge action too. Lord is a "backup" Psyker and maelstrom capper too. Let me know your thoughts.

++Word Bearers Grand Host [Primary]++
+Chaos Warband+
Sorcerer of Nurgle on Palanquin w/ Force Axe, ML 3, Malefic Tome - 190 [Warlord]
Tzeentch Lord on Disc w/ Lightning Claw/Powerfist, Aura of Dark Glory, Scrolls of Magnus and Spell Familiar - 235

5 CSM, Meltagun and Combi-Melta Champ - 95
-Rhino w/ Dirge Caster and Havoc Launcher - 52
5 CSM, Meltagun and Combi-Melta Champ - 95
-Rhino w/ Dirge Caster and Havoc Launcher - 52

3 Terminators w/ Combi-Plasma and Power Axe - 112
3 Terminators w/ Combi-Plasma and Power Axe - 112

3 Bikers of Slaanesh w/ 2 Bike-Mounted Meltaguns and Champ w/ Lance - 111
3 Bikers of Slaanesh w/ 2 Bike-Mounted Meltaguns and Champ w/ Lance - 111

Helbrute w/ Multimelta - 100

+Spawn+
3 Spawn - 90

++Helcult++
Helbrute w/ Multimelta - 100
15 Cultists - 70
15 Cultists - 70

++Daemon CAD++
Disc Herald of Tzeentch w/ ML 2 Paradox, and Exalted Locus of Conjuration - 145
11 Blue Horrors - 55
11 Blue Horrors - 55

Total: 1850
>>
Hey ork players, I didn't know you can have burna boyz overwatch and use power weapons in the same turn. That's pretty amazing.
>>
>>50725655
Sisters of Battle.
>>
>>50726248
Does the Malefic Tome have any restrictions limiting it to psykers?
>>
>>50726058
>The TS bring their Daemon Primarch and still need the opponent army to be tailored to lose against them to have any chance to win
Really the shittiest legion of all the ones the Emperor created
>>
>>50726313
Yes.
>>
>>50726260
Model per model basis, its completely viable.
>>
is the 40k stream good? the aos stream was a shitshow, they never update the overlay and one of the players was 400 lbs

all in all it was what you expect, slow, boring, uneventful, a waste of time

is the 40k stream any different?
>>
>>50726387
its fucking bad. the quality is bad, you cant see shit and THANION 5
>>
>>50726315
The mission they're playing requires the Wolves to kill all the enemy psykers to win. The TS player could literally bring just Magnus and fly in circles the whole game and win. The TS are even guaranteed first turn.

It'll be interesting to see if they try to pretend Magnus isn't hideously overpowered.
>>
>>50726444
What's sad is there's still no reason to actually field the 1k Sons themselves. You can run 2 min Cultist units and an unmarked Sorcerer (or Typhus because why not say fuck the fluff?) and bam, Magnus.
>>
>>50726387
im enjoying it.

40k is slow though so what could they possibly do to help with that?
>>
>>50726495
>What's sad is there's still no reason to actually field the 1k Sons themselves.

This^ especially because the new models look amazing, absolutely stunning.
>>
Are Scions even remotly competetive?
>>
I want to run a Kakophoni but don't know the best way. I was thinking 3 squads of 10, 1 blastmaster, power sword aspiring champion, and a bare bones rhino each. This works out to ~750.
What other goodies do I need? I feel like vehicles will be an issue and one player in my area has a full terminator army and 2+ saves are annoying.

Should I add the terminator annihilation formation to get the rapture brigade and then just combi-melta shit or should I avoid the horribly limiting Decurion and just go straight CAD? Shred and Combat Drugs just sounded so good and noise Marines are my favourite unit in the game.

I'm looking to go up to 1850-2000 points.
>>
>>50726444
>inb4 Magnus is killed by the first shot of Hellfrost
>>
>>50726387
They're openly ignoring rules for the 'Rule of Cool'.

Space Marines charging out of a Rhino on same turn they disembarked.

Shows the mentality in GW and why they think things work, they just ignore the reality.

So Blitz Brigade is back on the menu boys.
>>
I want to run a Kakophoni but don't know the best way. I was thinking 3 squads of 10, 1 blastmaster, power sword aspiring champion, and a bare bones rhino each. This works out to ~750.
What other goodies do I need? I feel like vehicles will be an issue and one player in my area has a full terminator army and 2+ saves are annoying.

Should I add the terminator annihilation formation to get the rapture brigade and then just combi-melta shit or should I avoid the horribly limiting Decurion and just go straight CAD? Shred and Combat Drugs just sounded so good and Noise Marines are my favourite unit in the game.

TL;DR: What units best accompany an EC Kakophoni (tactically or fluffily)

I'm looking to go up to 1850-2000 points.
>>
>>50726495
Just give both kinds of Rubricae Favored of Tzeentch by default. Boom, now both are at least decent bunkers to let your Sorcerers operate from. The detachment is still kinda screwed since it still necessitates hundreds upon hundreds of points of Sorcerers, but at least the Rubricae will actually have a purpose.
>>
>>50726545
I personally would take Either Terminators or a Fist of the Gods for Preds + Vindicators to get some anti-tank. Shredding STR 9 Blastmasters and Shredding STR 5 Sonic Blasters ought to deal with any non-TEQ or Non-Vehicles.
>>
>>50726545
3x Vindi Fist of the Gods, for maximum LOUD
>>
>>50726527
It could happen, but Magnus is a tough cookie after turn one. 3++ rerolling 1's is no joke.
>>
>>50726545
>Should I add the terminator annihilation formation to get the rapture brigade and then just combi-melta shit or should I avoid the horribly limiting Decurion and just go straight CAD? Shred and Combat Drugs just sounded so good and Noise Marines are my favourite unit in the game.

This is how i felt too, I went for it in the end because fuck it termis got the multimeltas and noise marines got the bass.
>>
>>50726532
Maybe they are teasing 8th Edition rules. :^)
>>
>>50726576
Combi-meltas my bad.
>>
>>50726585
8th edition rules leak

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4wN-6BdRhC5UThhU255VE9WMzA
>>
>>50726585
>Orks get shafted again as Assault vehicles become meaningless.
>>
>>50726511
Fuck, I wrote a list. Behold the future of 1k Sons

++Chaos CAD++
HQ: Typhus - 230
Troops: 3x 20 Plague Zombies - 270
LOW: Magnus - 650
Fortification: Void Shield Generator - 100

++Daemon CAD++
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch - 45
Troops: 6 x 11 Blue Horrors - 330

Total: 1850

Optionally, you can shuffle points to get a Nurgle Sorcerer, so you can give Magnus T8 or heal him for D3 wounds. Otherwise, it's 30 Warp Charge and a lot of bodies.

Fun, I know.
>>
>>50726532
It's entirely possible they just didn't realize/forgot that was illegal.

>>50726545
Max out the Kakophani before maxing out squads. +1 S to Sonic Weapons makes them a lot more versatile.

If you need AP2, Vindicators, Obliterators, Forgefiends, or Termicide are the options.
>>
>>50726612
I cant force you to stop spamming your shitty homemade rules but dear god, at least fix them before. Typos and rules contradictions all over the place.
>>
File: Oanger_dunecrawler.jpg (311KB, 1618x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Oanger_dunecrawler.jpg
311KB, 1618x1200px
Where my cogboiz at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk
>>
>>50726618
20 WC

Which is still plenty for Magnus to fuck your day. I'd throw some extra levels and/or Paradox on the Herald for Summoning reinforcements.
>>
>>50726532
That might explain the colosal faggotery of copy pasted rules in Imperial Agents.

They have no idea what their product is about.
>>
>>50726565
>>50726568
>>50726576
Termies and/or Vindicators it is!

Thanks anons!

Any suggestions for the Lords? Lucius was probably going with one squad just so they could take a rhino together. For the annihilation group, Terminator Chaos Lord with Fist+Claw+Sonic Artifact?
>>
>>50726635
>dunecrawler
>walks through sand regularly
>uses claws
yea that thing totally wouldn't sink in the sand within 2 minutes
fucking shit leg design.
>>
>>50726639
It's 30.

12 from the Blue Horrors.
1 from the CAD Herald.
10 from the Heralds Anarchic. (Because you were planning to spam Heralds anyway)
2 from Typhus.
5 from Magnus.

>>
File: Herohammertime.jpg (663KB, 1900x1935px) Image search: [Google]
Herohammertime.jpg
663KB, 1900x1935px
>>50726635
Hey oh.

How are my mars brothers doing? Anyone else posting from Xana?
>>
>>50726653
I took a termie lord with Blissgiver and combi-flamer I think, Sigil of Corruption too.

But I have no idea what i'm doing desu.
>>
>>50726400
REPORTS OF XENO BEASTS IN THE STREETS
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (219KB, 900x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
219KB, 900x904px
Gonna try this list tomorrow against marines

Was thinking about adding Flamers to the cultists and maybe changing the lord's wargear though
>>
>>50726687
Bliss giver is nice but I assumed AP3 will be trash against most HQs I'll be up against.
>>
>>50726635
>>50726682

Xana II Prime Macroclade Reporting, Archmagos. Our new Skitarii cohorts will be online shortly.

(My 30k Dark Mechanicum have now been ordered, I'm working out the stuff to make Scoria and practicing my Xana colour scheme on some Skitarii at the moment.)

For some reason I imagine that tune as the Invocation of Machine Might canticle.
>>
>>50726742
I think it's more a case of sheer weight of dice than AP with blissgiver
>>
>>50726658
Alt-build from the kit.
>>
>>50726532
>40k rules are so shit NOT EVEN THE GUY WHO WRITE THEM would consider using them in an actual game.

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP!
>>
>>50726674
You left the Heralds Anarchic off.
>>
>>50726758
Fair. I'll go with that. Thanks!
>>
>>50726658
Literally includes shoes in the box
>>
I would like to get into 40k and I dont know which army I should start. At my local gaming place they are mainly playing SM,then CSM and Eldars.

Looking at fluff and stuff I really like Inquistion. Is there a chance they will be made as stand alone army with their own codex and "start collecting" box?
>>
>>50726789
Shit I did. Just add 5 of them. 330 points and it's 1850 on the dot.
>>
>>50726830
Not really, they are mostly allies. Fluff wise, grab Deathwatch, Tempests Scions, or another imperial faction to join up with the Inquisitor and their acolytes.
>>
>>50724564
Fuck this guy, don't be another flyrant spamming pussy. Take just one Flyrant, tons of Zoans, a Tervigon, fill up troops with MSU horms (poison optional, I like to run it) and fast attack with MSU rending raveners. If you do double CAD you have 6 elites and 6 heavy support slots to sprinkle MCs to taste. A few barebones screamer killers or devilfexes are generally good, Mawlocs are practically a must take, Hive Crones are decent, Exocrines if you like shooty bugs and Toxicrenes if you like melee, Haruspex is a scary fire magnet, Biovores aren't MCs but theyre solid heavy supports, T-fex is overcosted and Trygons generally overshadowed by Mawlocs, avoid the Maleceptor.

Also avoid Warriors, Pyrovores, or too many upgrades.
>>
>>50726845
>Deathwatch, Tempests Scions
arent they allies too? So should I pick up IG?

Tempest Scions would be my second choice if they got full rooster of units
>>
>>50726866
>fast attack with MSU rending raveners
>Also avoid Warriors

Questioning your logic bro, mind sharing?

From what I know:
Ravs are just Warriors, but:
>+1A
>IB:Feed, not synapse
>Beast
>5+ instead of 4+
>>
>>50726776
Amazing
>>
>>50726870
Yeah, but they work well together. Inquisition is effectively an army of allies unless you just play imperial guard with an Inquisitor as your warlord
>>
File: beep boop motherfucker.jpg (113KB, 450x537px) Image search: [Google]
beep boop motherfucker.jpg
113KB, 450x537px
>>50725405
Don't basically every fucking Tau "suit" have blacksun filters default though?

>>50726635
01100001 01111001 01111001
>>
>>50726560
I've been having a crack at rewriting the Thousand Sons, from rebalancing wargear (I always wanted to pay 7 points to replace an AP 3 Bolter with an AP 4 Flamer that gives my foes Warpflame!), tweaking the Lore of Tzeentch (making Firestorm actually scary, and Siphon Magic usable for ML 1 Casters), redoing the Grand Coven so it isn't "yo dawg, I heard you like Sorcerers", and adding more varied formations.

Notable stuff for a Legion Detachment.
-All Daemonforge Vehicles in a 1k Sons Detachment must take Daemon of Tzeentch for +10 pts.
-All VOTLW models have Fearless. Non-Character VOTLW models have Slow and Purposeful, unless they already had Relentless.
-Tzeentch's Firestorm is WC 2, S5, AP 3. If the blast center lands on top of a model, it's S9 AP 2 (it's a storm of Pink and Blue Fire).
-Boon of Mutation no longer does a S4 hit. When you roll a D66, modify by +-10. Stacks with Favored Scions.
-Icon of Flame gives Bolt Weapons +1 Strength & Warpflame.

And more. I posted it on dakka and others. Got in a back-and-forth over if I got carried away but I'm able to tone stuff down of course. I
>>
>>50726866
>Fuck this guy, don't be another flyrant spamming pussy.
What's wrong with flyrants?
>>
>>50726927
The key part is Beast type. You need something fast to make it into CC asap and shut down their ranged threats, or at least threaten early assaults to draw fire off your other guys. Since they aren't slowed by difficult terrain whatsoever you can also hug cover to keep them alive on the approach without worrying about losing that potential charge. Also means they're Fleet without paying for adrenal glands like you would for the warriors.

It also helps that if you run Monstrous Creatures en masse the opponent won't want to waste his S8 weapons on ID'ing the ravs or he'll end up letting a bunch of big bugs make it into combat instead.

But threat saturation is key, and Ravs are the only thing we have that is both fast and can threaten anything up to and including knights with their Rending claws. They're no Necrons Wraiths but they're the closest thing we have.
>>
>>50726866
Its not like he's running a ton dude. 2 is perfectly fine.
>>
>>50726866
>how to play nid's like an idiot teen
>>50727055
they beat marines
>>
>>50727043
>gives my foes Warpflame
It's not that bad. Just ensure you focus so you cripple/kill a target. MCs are a problem tho.

>Witchfire spamming Daemon of Tzeentch player.

Tho I'm annoyed at the Warpstorm of Tzeentch's "All Flamers get Warpflame", considering all my Flamers already have Warpflame
>>
>>50727055
Tyranids are meant to be a wall of clawed and mawed razor death that kills you in melee, not shooty bitch army like taufags.

If you care more about winning than about being true to Tyranids don't bother playing Tyranids at all, because even the WAAC 5flyrant lists are pretty terrible.
>>
>>50727108
>WAAC 5flyrant lists
Can I see one of those?
>>
>>50727108
tyranids are meant to adapt, they have no style
>thats why their codex is so large and without ANY STRATEGIC DIRECTION
>>
>>50727086
If by that you mean
>How to play nids similar to the list that crushed 2Riptide 1stormsurge Hunter contingent Tau 15-6
You fucking dumbass.
>>
>>50727121
>>50727121
**Hive Fleet Detatchment**
2000 pts
HQ

Hive Tyrant-warlord (275)
-Wings, TLDwBLW, ESG, Aerial Ace
Hive Tyrant (240)
-Wings, TLDwBLW, ESG
Hive Tyrant (240)
-Wings, TLDwBLW, ESG

Troops

Muccolid (15)
Muccolid (15)
Muccolid (15)

Fast Attack

Crone (155)
Crone (155)
Crone (155)

LOW

Harridan (735)

>harridan in there cause its the best unit in the game
>>
>>50727121
Troops = minimum Muccolid Spores to unlock HQs
HQs = max # of Tyrants (+ Wings + BLDevs + Haywire Breath) allowed
>>
>>50727142
>harridan in there cause its the best unit in the game
Better than Magnus?
>>
>>50727132
that tau player was prolly super good then
wow sorry for ignoring straight up math that says tyranids suck
I have beaten almost every list I've played against with flyrant spam
(except screamer/nurgle cav star)- but that was just a shitty game of flying around eachother doing nothing for an hour
>>
>>50727127
>tyranids are meant to adapt, they have no style
They have no grace, this hive tyrant has a funny face!
>>
>>50727153
I don't think they can really hurt eachother
I'm not sure about all the witchfires he has
I know that his awesome beam cant do shit on him
and harridan cant really hurt him if he is buffed all the way, even with 12 S10 shots
>>
>>50726620
How do I run a heldrake terror pack effectively?
>>
>>50727169
Tyranids do suck but MSU melee monsters shits on the meta. Flyrants are faggy and boring, only newfags who werent around for original nids can stand playing that soulless garbage.
>>
What's the of worshiping Khorne? The other Gods give all sorts of superpowers while he only seems to make you angry and retarded.
>>
>>50727175
they are mad graceful, like a hungry symphony from another galaxy
>>
>>50727203
only nid players who have been getting stomped by T2 every game for months trying to bring "cool fluffy lists"
eventually you just play 3-5 flyrants (or more) until you build another army to play since noone else will play you anymore either way
>no one wants to play a game for 2 turns that takes 30+ mins to set up, no one wants to play 5 turns against all FMC's. nid players are fucked either way. also there is nothing fluffy about any part of the nids codex. its just insulting, and doesn't translate well to the tabletop
>>
>>50727089
It's crazy. A Grand Coven has a Cabal as a Core and Coven as an Auxiliary, with the Cabal being rank-and-file troops, while Black Legion have a Cabal (not a Coven) which is just a lot of Sorcerers, like the War Coven (not Cabal).

I know. I got confused the first time around.

I also tried rewriting Tzaangors some as I think they're a boring unit. Leadership 6, 7 with a Twistbray, Scouts. Relic Hunters is Rend in melee against a unit with at least one model with a relic. Alternately, the ability to re-roll a mysterious objective when they claim it. New ability called Bestial Fury, where if they pass an unmodified Ld test at the start of the Fight Subphase, they get +1 S and Init.

Also tried rewriting formations to be "9 units", including the character tax.

I tried re-writing the Tzaangor Herd as the Metamorphic Mob: A Dark Apostle, 1-4 Tzaangor Herds (Ld is 6 ncidentally, the Twistbray gets a 2nd wound, and can take a Melee weapon, gift of mutation, or a single ML at 25 pts), 1-2 units of Possessed, and 1-2 units of...those things. Universal fleet, and run&charge, Units in the formation within 9" of each other granted bonuses to each other at the start of a fight sub-phase. The Dark Apostle grants Zealot, the Tzaangors Bestial Fury, the Possessed Vessels of Chaos, and the you-know-whats Hit&Run.

Spireguard Besiegers is another "tricky" one. 1-4 units of Cultists, 1-4 Obliterators/Mutilators/units of Cultists, and 1 Fortification or unit of Cultists. The Mutilator/Obliterator can only be fielded solo, becomes a (Character) and must replace the Cultist Champion in a unit of Cultists from that formation. The Cultists get their Marks and wargear free (no obsec, or in-built Fearless). It's meant as a more "shooty/defensive" variant of Lost and the Damned.
>>
>>50727263
>also there is nothing fluffy about any part of the nids codex. its just insulting, and doesn't translate well to the tabletop
You are preaching to the choir bro, but it's still better to try than to give in to the shitty flyrant bandwagon.

And the meta has shifted so hard since melee hordes stopped being viable in some cases it's gone full circle and the can fucking dismantle a "competitive list" with masses and masses of gaunts and barebones MCs. Turns out melta isn't so good against 5 point models or things you need to get in melee range of to shoot at which really enjoy you being that close.
>>
>>50727311
I play SoB my list haven't change in years since any other option is shit.

Lucky for me it deals very well with horde, mech, TEQ and MEQ.
>>
>>50727311
I want to play hordes too, but telling new players to go straight into hordes is bad advice. might as well tell them to play a melee army like orks haha.

maybe your meta is like that, but bolters still exist around me and gaunts are way too expensive to overcome a good stormlance/skyhammer/whirlwinds
I guess thats not tourney level meta but they are still solid type lists

goddammit when will they fix our codex? all I ever wanted was to shove gargoyles and horms down someones throat. genestealers will be taken out in the nex dex. all those shitty MC's will be added to the base book. no points decrease will happen. our decurion will be some living swarm bullshit that just hands people kill points.
>might as well just play more codex:FMC's
>>also I have come to really appreciate crones, honestly I like running more of them than flyrants
>>
>>50727193
He has a 3 WC assult D, so, the haridan is straight fucked
>>
>>50727389

Relax, we will get a new FMC that spawns gargoyles, had synapse and is a psyker. It will be undercosted and awesome.

Flyrants will be garbage.
>>
>>50727389
I have tentative optimism about the next Codex after GSC, and I think the new edition might help a lot. Were going to have to wait and see.
>>
Why are formations so darn costly?
>>
>>50727454
This thing called tax, you'll learn about it when you grow up.
>>
>>50727484
Tax is unethical.
>>
>>50727424
well fair enough then, like I said idk much about magnus. but harridans are still way fucking cooler
>>50727425
you mean a harridan with points reduction put into the main book?
honestly I hope flyrants are the same
hopefully gaunts, raveners, warriors, trygons, etc are boosted well enough (along with decurion style formations which will limit flyrant accessability) that it would just be better to fun a more diverse army
But we dont need anything to be nerfed at all
>>50727428
hopefully it will focus on the hive fleet styles of engagement along with stages of an invasion
so you wont be playing flyrants with mawlocs anymore really, I want themes and developing strategy during the game.
that doesn't make much sense but maybe it does
>>
>>50727454
>he think formations are costly
>laughingAOSplayers.jpg
>>
>>50727454
>When they have no point costs
Not for long
>>
>>50727593
I just want to be rewarded for fielding chariots, not having to run a thousand of them
>>
>>50727428
I'm not.
GW is literally a wheel of balance. One new faction they'll make great. The following one? Trash.

>Tau stuff vs Imperial Guard
>>
>>50727496
Only if you're an anarchist.
>>
>>50727664
or have read the constitution like once
>sorry I'll keep this in /pol/, just listen to irwin schiff
>>
>>50721535
Reading Magnus' rules, I'm not sure how to deal with him as Guard. I was thinking having multiple squads of Ratlings might be pretty solid, but outside of them, I'm not sure.
>>
>>50727687
Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Constitution says taxes are okay
>>
>>50727496
oh look a Anarcho Capitalist, the dumbest idiots ever.
>>
How many warp charges do you need to have an effective psychic army?
>>
>>50727732
the congress doesn't collect taxes, the fed does
again, irwin schiff
>>
>>50727756
~15 at 1850
>>
>>50727788
Must be boring at the IRS if they don't collect taxes and that literally the point of them.
>>
>>50727802
How many points should I spend per warp charge? I can get 15 warp charges with the cyclopean cabal for 550 pts
Thread posts: 481
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.