[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 46

New Zealand prices edition

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Link to old thread:
>>50696830
>>
>>50719225
first for upside down
>>
What is a good counter to Bonesplitter arrow spam?
>>
>>50719282
Calvary
I've heard blocks of concussors or lance dragon knights for sigmarines.
take it with a pinch of salt, I don't play faggots arrow spamming.
best counter s not to play them
>>
What are some non-traditional schemes that'll look cool for Bloodbound for a player who doesn't love Khorne usually but wound up with half a starter set?
>>
>>50719330
And...what if you're dwarfs? Artillery then? Gyros?

For the record I pretty much don't play this person anymore because arrow spam faggot BUT it would be entertaining to do one more time if I could at least be reasonably sure I might win.
>>
bad game
>>
>>50719418
Black actually works fairly well on them for me. I don't play bloudbound, but a person I play against often has them with black and iron colors. It makes them a little less crazy looking, kinda more cold blooded. For whatever that's worth on them.
>>
>>50719426
oh you're that dwarf fella who footslogs.
didn't you have a problem with it like a month ago.
Well I ain't got the foggiest how to help you with dorfs until hopeful next year when NEW DORFS
you could feasibly out range them, or abuse artillery but it won't be fun, you'd have to go HARD to thin that horde and it will end up being two gun-lines poking each other and would be decided by rolling, terrain and that other sort of thing

TL:DR pray to sigmar for dorf railguns and tau shenanigans.
>>
File: 1474377826140.png (24KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1474377826140.png
24KB, 853x543px
>>50719430
No, you bad. BAD MAN, UG UG, ME HIT WITH ROCK, YOU FALL DOWN. UG UG.
>>
>>50719498
That sounds like probably me, yep. Actually I'm branching out into Wood Elves, but my army is still small at this point. Sisters of Avelorn, Sisters of the Thorn, Glade Guard, Spellweaver. I figured I'd probably throw Eternal Guard/more Glade Guard in there next.
>>
File: IMAG1113.jpg (1MB, 3392x1495px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1113.jpg
1MB, 3392x1495px
Here it is guys, my Warden King in Steamsuit. I am so done painting my army, but I still gotta do all the bases. This guy will be getting 50mm base, as opposed to the 40mm he has right now.
>>
>>50719426
Dwarf Miners. They can pop up anywhere.
>>
>>50719566
Looks neat. Where did those arms and legs come from?
>>
>>50719599
not him
the legs are mega armoured nobs
the hands are from the castilian walker.
>>
File: 1481411175507.png (652KB, 680x737px) Image search: [Google]
1481411175507.png
652KB, 680x737px
>>50719426
>help me my scissor always loose vs the rock, but leaf is totally okay and balance and you shouldnt buff it.

Dear dwarf fag.
Take any of the other 50 factions that have cavalry and rekt the arrowboys.
Oh, and literraly ALL your Xbow outshoot him.
Also, Maybe you should try to assasinate the big boss with a cannon/grudgebearer so that the arrowboyz loose half their shooting.
>>
>>50719426
you should really learn to play.
Your codex is THE codex to shoot hero off the table.
What are you targeting with your artilery ?
Whats the rest of the list ?
>>
>>50719650
>>50719599
Kastelan robots, yeah. The manz legs I used some plasicard to cover up some of the ork pants to make it look more armored and mechanical. But most of the model is the Gyrocopter
>>
>>50719282
Almost anything. Fast cavalry, high defenses (2+ rerollable save), hit modifiers, ressurecting slain models

Just don't bring a shit list and you won't lose to that cheese
>>
>>50719566
50mm might be too small, maybe go for a 60?
>>
posting the first part of my awful bad fanfiction about my mary sue general.

An eerie fog shrouded the field. Loche tapped Agganon’s shoulder and whispered into his ear. “An’ how much further be it? I can’t see me own feet in this fog.” Agganon stood silent for a moment trying to recall the words his wife used to describe her visions. He then turned to Loche. “A score of paces forward. Stay your whimpering for now lest the enemy catch wind of it.” Loche nodded and motioned to the men to follow the General at a silent walk.

Sure enough, about a hundred paces, the men started to hear the muffled march of an unseen force. Agannon motioned for the group to stop and kneel. He whispered a command to Loche. “After thirty paces more, break into a charge and start the drums and chants.” Loche turned to his men and started repeating the order.

After a long moment, the General motioned for the group to rise and started walking forward. Though they did not voice it, each of the barbarian soldiers counted their steps. Never in their life had thirty paces felt so long.

And then it all went into a frenzy. The barbarians charged forward into a group of terrified freeguild guard.

At any other time the freeguild would have been well equipped. Their arms and armor that far exceed what the barbarians could muster. Yet on this day they the barbarians had surprised freeguild. The freeguild soldiers had only time to a club or dagger before readying their defenses. It wasn’t enough. The barbarians carried sturdy round shields to compensate for their lack of armor. Their hearty physique allowed them to shrug off a injuries that might slay a smaller man. The freeguild had no answer for the barbarian attackers.

1/4
>>
>>50719225
Fuck new zealand and its prices, Australian prices are the ones that matter. Kuntwi's are notorious for being cheapskate fucks that wont spend money unless they absolutely have too. Hell, the entire ANZAC thing is paid for by Australia to begin with.

We should just make them a territory. It's more than that colony deserves.
>>
>>50719979
The barbarian general, Agganon, was the champion of the Tribe. He wore a suit of armor, no doubt a prize from one of his many victories, and wielded a longsword in both hands. He moved through the battle cutting down the unprepared freeguild with ease. One stood before him, both hands clutching a halberd. The man prodded and poked at Agganon, but he sidestepped the blows. The freeguild soldier then pulled back for a greater strike. Agganon seized the opening. He leaped forward and drove his sword deep into the man’s chest. He batted the halberd aside before pulling his sword from the man.

Agganon could hear the thunderous footfalls of another group from his clan. The barbarians often split their raids into two groups. One group would flank the enemy, and give signal to the other. The main group would strike head on. It was a tactic that had proven successful on many occasions. Agganon's group had been the flanking group.

Agganon also heard the sound of cavalry charging forward. He grinned. He was certain of victory if the skilled barbarian horsemen had joined.

Agganon gazed around the battlefield. The freeguild company was dissolving around him as they fled in all directions. The marauders under his command showed them little mercy. In the fog he could just make out an armored man barking orders. Agannon grinned and approached the man

The man word a full suit of armor with a tabard about him bearing his personal heraldry. He carried a large war hammer. Perhaps this man would be a more interesting opponent than the broken troops? Agganon raised his sword, and the man opposite him raised his war hammer. Agganon shouted back at the man. “Your god is out taking a piss is he? He isn’t with you now.” The man stopped for a moment, raised his visor, and returned a few words. “Your time will come pagan,” the man snarled. Agganon thought it was all bravado and gave one more statement before charging forward. “Then let that time be now!”

2/4
>>
>>50719993
Agganon swung first with a blow from the right, but the man blocked it with the haft of the hammer. The barbarian followed up with a thrust which the man deflected by twisting the hammer. The man followed through on the movement, bring the hammer up for a swift strike from below. Agganon dodged straight back. The blow missed him by just inches. This man was no amateur.

The man used the added distance to adjust his posture to a move defensive stance. The man knew that a missed attack with the hammer would leave him open. His armor would afford him some protection, but wondered if it would be enough.

Agganon moved forward again, feinting at a strike from the right and then striking from the left. Again, the man deflected the strike. The man started to move to counter attack, and Agganon, sensing he was in danger, stepped back to avoid it. Predicting this, the man did not follow through with the blow. He instead held the hammer straight in front of him and lunched forward. Agganon didn’t expect this. Even if he had, the hammer had such mass that deflecting it would have been difficult. The thrust with the hammer struck Agganon’s breastplate head on sending him stumbling backwards. The man raised his hammer as if to strike again and took another step forward.

Agganon knew that a blow like this would prove fatal. He reached forward with the thrust in hopes to force a defense from the enemy. A defense might stall the attack long enough for him to recover. It worked. The man again moved his war hammer to deflect the blow. Then the man did something else, which surprised Agganon even more. The man took another step forward.

Agganon could now see the man’s face in clear detail. The man was in his forties. He had a trimmed black beard. His face bore scars from battle, but nothing so severe. The man threw his hammer to the side and drew a dagger. The man’s left hand now reached for Agganon’s throat, while he raised his right for a fearsome stab.

3/4
>>
>>50719957
What units get 2+ rerollable? That sounds awesome. Or is it just 3+ with mystic shield?

For that matter who gets 3+? I think the best I've seen is 4; I must be looking in the wrong armies lol.
>>
>>50719418
Black with some bleached bone armour that you've done a little bit of burnt umber wash over.

metallic green and gold. (Goodlge christmas beetle.)

Opalescent purple/blue with metallic red trim.
>>
File: stop lt.jpg (29KB, 474x550px) Image search: [Google]
stop lt.jpg
29KB, 474x550px
>>50719979
>>50719993
I think you need to work on your sentence variance.
you really didn't set much of a seen
>free guild
perhaps giving a regimental name to that group would serve you better.
>>
>>50720003
Agganon sensed that at this distance, his long swords was also of little use. He dropped it and reached for his own dagger while twisting to the side to avoid the man’s grasping hand.
The two wrestled in the mud for a full minute trying to drive their daggers into each other. The man shoved himself up and backwards. He reached for a weapon and grabbed a one handed sword dropped from one of his men. Agganon stood and retrieved his own sword. With no shield in his free hand, the man assumed a broad ward.

4/4

Everything after that is a rough outline and needs a lot more work. a handful of sigmarines show up and start kicking asses. The sigmarines end up losing, but it is a very narrow victory, with the barbarians losing a half a dozen men for every one stormcast. Agganon gets his arm cut off and is forced to retreat.
>>
>>50719971
60 is too big. 50mm is fine. It's supposed to be representing a dwarf lord on shieldbearers, and its footprint never would have reached 60mm, even 50 is too big for what it represents, but i figured since they never defined the round size for the dwarf lord on shieldbearers, i have a little leeway.
>>
>>50720040
sorry

I am really amateur at this
>>
>>50720062
no worries
I'll finish building this thing on my table and i might dig into the meat of your thing.
see if i can't give you fuller criticism
a story outline would also sort of help
mind you i'm no more a professional then you.
>>
>>50719988
Im in NZ and always order On wayland with a Po Box from UK.
I dont know why people dont do this.
im not even paying a third of NZ MSRP
>>
>>50719330

>Calvary
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvary
>>
File: seriously.png (134KB, 221x274px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
134KB, 221x274px
>>50720120
>this fucking nigga
>>
File: 20161215_205406.jpg (588KB, 1652x1020px) Image search: [Google]
20161215_205406.jpg
588KB, 1652x1020px
Finished him up. Name my warrior chamber, /aos/.

He's got a Fleur de Lis on his left shoulder, for what it's worth.
>>
>>50720096
The TL;DR version of the story is:

A tribe of Chaos Barbarians sneak through some realmgates into the realm of life. On a really foggy morning, they attack a company of soldiers so they can raid the town the soldiers were defending. However, the story really only tells the last bit because I am not very good at writing...

What happens after is that some storm cast pop up to protect the faithful of Sigmar. The Barbarians win anyway, but only through heavy losses. The General suffers a serious injury and has to run away.
>>
File: the_more_you_know2.jpg (43KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
the_more_you_know2.jpg
43KB, 650x429px
>>50720143
>>
File: you are not cool.jpg (29KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
you are not cool.jpg
29KB, 500x715px
>>50720166
>>
Wait, Moonclan Grots get a 5+ save if there are 10 shields, or is it 10+ models and there is at least one shield? Bad Moon Icon grants 4+ when combines with the shields in the shooting phase. 20 models give a +1 to wound rolls, 30 models give a +2 to wound rolls, so Nets wound on 3+, and Spears on 2+!

So a mob of 30, 10 arrows, 10 shields and spears, and 10 nets sounds like a good idea to me!

Also, for units like these, square bases actually make sense to me.
>>
>>50720159
Chamber of the Argent Dawn
>>
>>50719225
What are New Zealand prices?
>>
File: argent_dawn.jpg (48KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
argent_dawn.jpg
48KB, 750x1000px
>>50720227
found the person who has been baiting with wow discussion
>>
>>50720227
Sounds alright. I was thinking of calling them the Chamber of the Golden Dawn, and acting completely oblivious when people get mad about it.
>>
>>50720208
Can't mix arrows with spears.
>>
>>50720165
from the top 1/4
> first things of note.
I stressed the introduction, Erie is a poor choice and it doesn't particularity introduce the setting well enough, you could do well to paint up the scene a bit more.
An old writing teacher said, use things that could be physically felt or understood rather than abstract adjectives. I gets into people's skin, itches almost, teases muscles, it can be good coy shit for faggots who enjoy atmosphere.

there is very little build up or weight to the opening of the battle.
We don't really have a description of the chaos marauders, it'd help to get a sense of how they look and how his arm looks.

Why the fuck are humans marching out into the middle of nowhere under-equipped?

also you ought to make it clear that there was much difference between your lord's tribe and their enemy.
Adding warlord or other more extraneous titles has always been chaos's thing. don't go overboard with edgy shit, just whatever fits.

you seem to be using 3rd person limited, perhaps you ought to inject of his personality into it
>>
>>50720410
thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to give it another few passes.
>>
>>50720453
Your little tale inspires me to tell a small tale of Gobsnik. Anyone want to hear how the rivalless warboss made enemies with a tree?
>>
>>50720165
the conversation between the war-hammer wielding man and chieftain or warlord or what have you is a bit poor. I'm not sure if it really flows consider revising, that's as per your discretion.

The fight needs to be reworked, i think.
I'll admit i lose interest with it but i am a bit fucked right now.
>>50720453
no worries.
I'm always wont to help, especially when i ought to be writing something of mine.
>>
>>50720387
You can't?
>>
>>50720493
No. their rules state that you can either take stabbas with shields and nets, spears with shields and nets, or bows and slittas with nets. Nets mix with all weapons
>>
File: Finland.png (1MB, 1920x3713px) Image search: [Google]
Finland.png
1MB, 1920x3713px
Ive missed so much models and so much opportunity.
both huge dragon, both incarnates, the empire boat...
So dear fags, order before they pull the plug on everything you like.

>ive already contacted chinaman, but he doesnt have any of the models from mosntrous arcanum.

Yes i play Destruction.
>>
>>50720696
the fimir are safe. the noble LITERALLY just came out this year
>>
>>50719426
Take Bugman + 30 quarrels and pop anyware u want , take miners- same thing , take ironbreakers with runepriest to stay alive , some wrariors and canon/ grugde trower and done
>>
>>50720799
Mm i guess i can save 2 hundred then !
Still waiting for the fimir musician, fimir standard and fimir dirarch.. but HH took the spot and i guess i wont see them before a loooong time.
>>
>>50720843
Yeah, they spoiled what appeared to be two other fimir models earlier this year. It seems fimir are gonna be expanded to their own subfaction like chaos dorfs
Also I found a chinamen Troll hag on ebay, should still be on there
>>
>>50719979
Check your grammar, there's a couple of sentences that are just subjects. I'd also come up with something else to describe the Freeguild guys. Think about what your barbarian tribesmen would call them. General should not be capitalized, it is not a proper noun.
>>50719993
Your statements about the battle seem pretty broad, and bland. Focus in on the details, show don't tell. What did the Freeguild general's hammer look like. Agganon can hear the thunderous footsteps of the enemy approaching, but we can't. Give the reader a set of eyes, ears, hands, etc. to experience what's happening.
>>50720003
Try, and provide a little more variety in both your sentence structure, and when referring to characters. I understand that the opposing general is a man, but what else can he be described as.
>>50720046
Overall, I like the concept of some barbarian dudes just trying to make it in the insanity that is the mortal realms, but your writing lacks any flavor.
>>
Complete Miniature Virgin here

Do I get Seraphon or Slaves to Darkness "start collecting"?

I've sorted my pros and cons for both factions in my mind. So I feel I won't be disappointed with either. Do I go with the really incredible looking chaos warriors in plate with their shields and that cool chariot and sorceror?

Or the vibrant textured cool ass lizard men with a fuck hueg dinosaur that gives younger (and current) me a huge fucking boner every time I look at it on the website.
>>
What are tiers looking like nowadays
>>
>>50721261

everyone plays chaos, go with seraphon
>>
>>50719225
Can you guys explain to me why centigors aren't a part of brayherds? And why they suck?
>>
>>50721127
thanks for the advice

hopefully next week I won't have to work late every night and I will actually get some time to work on this stuff

or work on my army for that matter. Hard to do that when I am working 12 hour days every day.
>>
I hate the thundertusk minis, would you all allow count as?
>>
>>50721736
>I want to play an OP army but don't like the aesthetics or lore
>>
>>50721772
What would you suggest that isn't as OP? It can't be Khorne knight levels
>>
>>50721788
if you want an army that moves forward and deletes things but isn't mortal wounds everywhere, try the new ironjawz battleforce with the ogor that attacks twice

because that there is some crazy shit
>>
>>50721849
Not seeing the battleforce you're talking about
>>
File: battleforce.png (633KB, 1126x586px) Image search: [Google]
battleforce.png
633KB, 1126x586px
>>50722039
sorry it is a gargant, not an ogor

also it might be sold out in the UK
>>
>>50720031
There are lots of ways to get a 2+ save. Saurus Guard, Kurnoths, Dryads, Dracoths, etc.

The biggest weakness of Arrowboys is that they are small models and won't get line of sight to important targets, so they have to shoot the enemy front line (unless you're stupid enough to leave your key units exposed).

You can abuse this to your advantage by putting a shield wall type of unit at the front to absorb the shots, then close the distance and finish them in melee + battleshock.
>>
>>50722083
This is such a good deal.. You pay $179 for the 2x5 brutes and 3 gruntas purchasing separately
>>
>>50719566
absolutely glorious
>>
>>50719566

that looks amazing, great job!

do you plan on adding any blood to him?
>>
>>50719979
Since you posted the fluff for your dudes, I feel like doing the same.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>50722459
I've seen your post more than a few times, but I haven't seen any model.

Post some juicy Beastmen.
>>
>>50722782
I will do when I get home. Just a warning though. I got the beastmen a few years back when I was playing fatnasy, so my painting skills weren't as good as they are now. So they might look like shit
>>
File: Golden_Dawn.png (561KB, 871x582px) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Dawn.png
561KB, 871x582px
>>50720309
>Chamber of the Golden Dawn
>>
File: ManglerSquigs_zpse4bc140e.jpg (28KB, 480x345px) Image search: [Google]
ManglerSquigs_zpse4bc140e.jpg
28KB, 480x345px
Do you think its "cheap" to cut both mangler squigs to get 2 out of 1 box ?
Would you mind someone fielding 4 mangler squigs assembled as such ? (maybe using fanatics with ball cutted to make it more belivable)
>>
>>50722971
Mangler Squigs are specifically Big Squigs being used like large Fantics.

I'd say no unless you do add a little more to it otherwise they just look like Big Squig hoppers.
>>
>>50722971
the two stacked on one another look kind of silly

but I'm not sure I'd want to play against four mangler squigs
>>
File: 2016-12-16 10.34.36.png (384KB, 530x721px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-16 10.34.36.png
384KB, 530x721px
>>50722971
GW specifically mention Mangler Squigs in their official AoS event rules.

One on a base? Not fully assembled.
>>
>>50722971
Go for it.

every gobelins player i know do this.
mainly because 1 on top of another on FAILCAST is way to prone to breaking.
Not many failcast can endure a summer in spain desu.
this model in particular always end up bending/melting on the feet.
>>
>>50723113
It's also absurdly topple-prone. GW's official stance is pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>50723130
>>50723044
It's pretty fucking obvious why GW's stance is the way it is.

They don't want people getting a 2-for-1 value out of a purchase.
>>
>>50720480
Which kind of tree?

If the inanimate kind, yes. If the animate one, also yes.
>>
Rate my 2,000pts Moulder list:

1 Abomination Hell Pit
4 packmasters
8 * 36 giant rats
>>
>>50723815
Pest-control needed/10
>>
>>50723815
Would be fun to see that run against a necromancer/corpse cart/zombie/wolf list at the same pt value. Also, it would take 80 hours.
>>
Point costs formula for my 40k -> AoS project some people asked for last thread

(.5+.1x bravery)((movement - 4) + (wounds x (8 - save)) + ((attacks x (7 - to hit) x (7 - to wound) x (1+ .5 x rend) x (range/12 if greater than 12) x damage)/6)

Ignoring rend (wounds x (8-save)) x .5 per rend ignored

Flying movement/2

Transport capacity (10/transport capacity) x (movement -4)
>>
>>50723930
Make your own thread for this homebrew shit and get the fuck out of the general. This is for rumor mongering, list posting, WIP and shit posting only
>>
>>50723930
Especially because it involves 40k. I don't want that cancer poisoning AoS when it's barely off the ground
>>
>>50723966
>Make your own thread for this homebrew shit and get the fuck out of the general. This is for rumor mongering, list posting, WIP and shit posting only
>shit posting only
>shit post
>>
File: 1481896823454.jpg (178KB, 955x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481896823454.jpg
178KB, 955x716px
>>50722782
Here the pictures I promised.
On the first one we have Kraagarr Twinblade (left) and Gorax Spirithorn (right).
And once again, I was a bad painter when I first painted my beastmen, just FYI
>>
File: 1481896862812.jpg (219KB, 955x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481896862812.jpg
219KB, 955x716px
>>50724327
And here are some gors, obviously not all of them. But this will give you a general idea on what they all look like
>>
File: 1481896894581.jpg (175KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
1481896894581.jpg
175KB, 1000x749px
>>50724337
Here are my 3 bullgors, my cygor and my Gargant
>>
File: 1481896942718.jpg (202KB, 955x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481896942718.jpg
202KB, 955x716px
>>50724344
And lastly we have my newest fantasy models that I bought for AoS. It's Risgat "the rotlord" and a swarm of Nurglings that cheerfully dance around him.

And as you can see, my painting skills have improved a great deal.
>>
File: Beast_tribe.png (2MB, 955x702px) Image search: [Google]
Beast_tribe.png
2MB, 955x702px
>>50724327
>>50724337
>>50724344
>>50724358
Here is what I didn't take pictures of
>Bestigors
>Ungors
>The rest of my Gors
>My balewind vortex
>My chaos spawns
>>
All the Greater Daemons from ForgeWorld have now their own rules:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/fw_warscrolls/AOS-Exalted-Daemons.pdf
>>
>>50724427
>mfw they're just regular greater daemons with more wounds and a better save
Meh.
>>
>>50720159
howling griphonnes.
>>
>>50723815
1/10
Hellpit Abomination is trash
You only have 2 Inspiring Presence for 8 horde units
Pure melee with low rend, won't be able to break through an enemy shield wall
>>
Wanting to start up Skaven. I have Spire of Dawn, 6 Jezzails, and a Skaven Warlord. Now what?
>>
>>50723930
AOS is all about synergy and you can't use an equation to figure out the point costs of models based on their stats alone. It has to come from playtesting and empirical evidence.
>>
>>50725759
Paint it?
>>
>>50725791
I've already painted what I have. Spire of Dawn obviously isn't here yet.
>>
>>50725790
It's just a starting point. I'm working on playtesting but their are a lot of combinations to check.
>>
Are there any Order units/wizards that can resurrect dead models alliance-wide? Only wizard I've seen to resurrect is Spellweaver, and that's only Wanderers.
>>
>>50725914
To be honest I believe you would be better served not trying to port over the stat line, and instead just made new units based on the Age of Sigmar rules. You had to make huge changes to the AoS rules just so your lifted 40k rules would make any sense.

Try to capture the idea of a space marine without copy pasting a space marine.
>>
>>50725936
There is a storm cast with a healing ability, but it is only for stormcast
>>
>>50726001
Theres no where to go up from the idea of a space marine. 10 of them would be a 2k pt army.
>>
>>50725834
Paint Spire of Dawn when it's released then. Then playtest your army and see what you think is missing. If you are getting impatient, just get some Stormfiends
>>
>>50724327
Nothing to be ashamed of here imo. Sure, they might not be super duper, but still a well acceptable tabletop standard.
>>
A guy just gave me 5 of these (plus another 2 but incomplete).
For free, but with the promise not to sell them.

What should I do with them?
>>
>>50726787
sell them
>>
>>50726787
Make a huge Slaanesh army? The Five Princes of Pleasure? Run them as Slaaneshi Varanguard?
>>
>>50726809
>Slaaneshi Varanguard
This is a nice idea!
>>
>>50723930
post this in the 40k thread. btfo.
>>
>>50724507
>mfw they get btfo by thundertusk or arachnarok
>>
>>50724507
Yeah I thought they'd be more impressive. Still interested about the points costs of these.
>>
File: 1391124199845.jpg (146KB, 623x779px) Image search: [Google]
1391124199845.jpg
146KB, 623x779px
>>50726787
Slaanesh a best god
>>
>>50727016
I bet they're overcosted because

>Forgeworld
>>
How fo you all feel about shooting rules in AoS having literally no drawback or penalty when firing into melee combatanrts?

Also how can I incorporate a salamander effectively with my seraphon start collecting set?
>>
>>50727163
>How fo you all feel about shooting rules in AoS having literally no drawback or penalty when firing into melee combatanrts?

I think its fine. Its possible to have 3 rounds of combat phases between you having a chance to use your ranged attacks so they are not so reliable.

Example: you get to go first battle round 1 and shoot then melee happens. Your opponent gets to go round 1 and melee happens. Your opponent wins the roll and gets to go first turn two and melee happens again. That's three rounds of combat phases where your ranged attacks did absolutely nothing.

Compared to melee attacks ranged attacks are very lackluster. That is why I am cool with the flexibility that allows a lot of leeway for targets of shooting. If it wasn't that way it might be nearly impossible to ever use shooting to do much in a meaningful way.
>>
>>50727163
shooting isnt really a problem. the tournament are mostly won by fast cav/teleporting armies because of how poorly shooty army perform in close combat.

Its also because while IRL nobody used a 2Meters longbow in close combat, in fantasy we have the idea of legolas literraly fighting with arrows in his damn hands using it as weapon.
also some thing like moonclan have only a bow on them so will probably use than even in melee. Then ogre can obviously fire a gun on whatever elflet is in front of them, Stormcast are probably trained enough etc.

Salamander are good enough, just try to combocharge with something and never alone.

the day they nerf shooting in melee this game will be summonfest and teleportfest. no reason to ever brong any shooters again.
>>
>>50727243
>>50727385
So do you two think it's balanced or needs even some help?

Also so I wannt to charge my salamaner in with say a squad of saurian soldiers or whatever? What about a flanking so my fire breath doesn't friendly fire? Or is there no friendly fire with 12 inch breath?

(super new)
>>
>>50727436
Salamanders don't use templates anymore.
>>
>>50727471
Uhhh so it's like a cannon shot with a range of 12 inches? Not really a breath?
>>
>>50727518
Right, roll to hit roll to wound if you do you do D6 wounds and then the make a check to see if they keep burning at the end of the turn.
>>
>>50727537
Gotcha makes sense. Thanks
>>
>>50727163
It's fine

Also you want to run Salamanders in groups of 3+, 1 salamander usually won't do anything by itself
>>
>>50727436

the best time to use shooting is when you have already used up all the likely room you have to put melee troops into combat. There is only so much room on the table to put troops into combat and what you charge where is often going to decide the game. Heavy hard fast hitters take up all the combat surface area and leftover points go to making those in combat stronger through support abilities and or shooting troops who wouldn't have fit anyways.
And shooting troops are a good option for objective holders, especially if they are your battle line tax. Since they have to sit there anyways may as well have them do something.
>>
>>50719225
Thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCabse7Ugk
>>
>>50727893
So 3 salamanders and 9 handlers? Or can I take less than 3 per?
>>
>>50728036
I think that GW had already dragged the lore down in 7'th edition of WHFB and it started becoming increasingly crap in the 8'h edition.
>>
>>50728036
He's right you know. AoS didn't destroy anything, nor did it retcon anything. Everything in the old world still canonically happened.
>>
>>50728038
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-lizardmen-en.pdf

Read the rules then come back and ask questions.
>>
>>50728038
Handlers cost points and you only need 1 handler nearby to buff the Salamanders.

Salamanders and Handlers are different units. They are not a single unit like they were in WHFB.

Run the Salamanders as 1 group of 3, and the Skink Handlers as 1 group of 3 and keep them near the Salamanders.
>>
>>50720159
Rhubarb and custard
>>
Where is the elf Anon that has Wound per point stored for most unit ?
Did you run the numbers for mangler squigs and Collosal squigs ?
Is there an Exel sheet with Most units Wound per points ?
>>
>>50720268
Actually I was thinking of the red and gold on his armour as being very sunset/sunrise tones.

And the Order of the Argent Shroud from the Sisters of Battle. Who are all silver.
>>
>>50721261
Seraphon. They're dinosaur Aztecs on larger dinosaurs. In space.
>>
Are you going to have to subscribe in future to watch Warhammer live?
>>
I should be getting the big box of Sylvaneth for Christmas, which looks like a great place to start. What's a good way to use it with a SC! Box that isn't cheesy? I've always liked the angry tree aspect of Dryads, but I also loved messing with Tree singing when I played WE back in 7th.
>>
>>50729054
Yes
>>
>>50729083
Darn
>>
>>50729090
I couldn't watch it on Wednesday, I understand they're new but wow that narrative battle was hard to follow.
>>
>>50720159
Pussy Pounder
>>
File: IMG_1114.jpg (452KB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1114.jpg
452KB, 2400x1200px
Anybody got any idea on good color schemes for a Chaos Dwarves army?
>>
Looking to get into AoS despite the vitriol from whf players at my FLGS.

Are skaven fun to run? What about a force if pestilence with nurgle daemons bringing up the rear?

Pretty much trying decide between skaven, daemons, and warriors.

Smaller games primarily in case interest dies off completely. Maybe 1k pts when using generals handbook.
>>
>>50729332
Black with some red
Black with some Green
Black with some Yellow
Black with some... you get the idea.
>>
File: 4+ 4+.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
4+ 4+.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>50728558

yep so never did get around to doing the data entry for orcs and gobbos but you can figure that out yourself.

Determine the number of incoming wound (before you make armor and ward saves) it will take to kill the model.

For example a 1 wound model with a 4+ save and a 4+ ward save will take 4 incoming damages to actually kill (statistical average actual results may vary).

So that model actually has 4 effective wounds.

now lest assume that model costs 20 points (unit of 10 models for 200 points).

Last step: divide effective wounds by points per model. 4/20. that gives 0.2 effective wounds per point.

I like this method of analysis because it allows you to consider the units ability to mitigate incoming damage in addition to its wounds characteristic. This analysis assumed the incoming damage didn't have a rend characteristic but you could run it again assuming any rend you wanted if you were interested.

About the pic: yes I didn't wash the armor yet, yes I need to add highlights to the other models, yes the bases look like ass. Thanks got it.
>>
>>50729075
16 Dryads
10 Tree Revenants
3 Bow Kurnoth Hunters
3 Sword Kurnoth Hunters
Tree man ancient
Tree man
Drycha
1 sylvaneth wildwood of 2 bases.
2 bases held off for 1 summon wildwood.
>>
>>50723266
Actually, Mechanically, Mangler Squigs ARE two Squigs whirlling around each other in a crazy fungus and tooth bolas.

What the guy questioned was simply making Two Squig riders.
>>
>>50729489

Oh right, I should really get some wild wood bases.

Why are they so expensive?
>>
>>50729414
Surly there is more...right?
>>
>>50729533
Because GW.
Either just buy any other miniature trees, or make your own.
>>
>>50729928
Trees are not even hard to make and GW's trees are not even fantastic.
>>
Any good color schemes I could do my lizard men to make them pop/more interesting than all the PURE BLUE men I see all the time or would it be lore breaking and get ripped on?
>>
>>50730376
>or would it be lore breaking and get ripped on?
Unless this has changed in AoS they are blue. Period.
Maybe a little lighter or darker shade of blue, maybe a little more or less saturated but always blue.

There were however special spawnings that were blessed by their pantheon.
For example a spawning blessed by sotek would have a red pattern on their back and head for example.

That was a WHFB thing though, so I'm not sure it still applies to AoS.
>>
>>50730687
Seraphon are whatever colour the Slann want them to be. They are daemons formed into existence by the will of the Slann so they can be whatever colour you want.
>>
>>50730757
this. go for pastel seraphon.
at least you wont be "Furry#55381"
>>
>>50730373
>GW's trees are not even fantastic
They're one of the few THICC trees on the market, though. Scratchbuilding ain't tough, but it's pretty much your only other option if you want meaty trees.
>>
>>50730757
>They are daemons formed into existence by the will of the Slann

but mah my lizardmen spawnin pools :(
>>
>Battleforces restocked when I wasn't looking
>Sylvaneth sold out again

IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>50729533
Buy 1 lot of GW trees, some silicone instant mold and a bunch of resin.

Just cast the original set repeatedly.
>>
Does the mining cart in a dwarf miner unit count towards the minimum of 10 models from the unit?
>>
>>50730825
I bought 3. Resold my Treemen and Drycha models.

Made them free, due to the discount they're sold at in my area.
>>
How big are the orruk brutes? I'm thinking of using them as black orc blockers..
>>
>>50728558
Some of us don't play this game solely as an excell spread sheet with unpainted models.
Get the fuck out senpai
>>
>>50730757
Is this true?
It sounds really...boring. Or lazy.
>>
>>50731073
About the same size actually. That's a pretty cool idea
>>
>>50731120
They are the Slann's memories of the Lizardmen that served it in the past, and are manifested in flesh and blood when needed. They are still living beings with their own thoughts and personalities however. If they are killed they return to the Slann's mind.

There is a story where they meet the Stormcast and tell them they are not so different from one another.
>>
>>50731217
>>50730790
>>50730757
Cool I really enjoy my yellows,oranges, greens and some blues. FIgured I could go for a more vibrant army with still strong contrast colors for shields/warpaints
>>
Guys I want to go fast. I was recommended Slaanesh and those ice ogre dudes before when I asked, but I had neglected to mention I want to go fast and shoot things. My bad.

What army goes fast AND shoots things? Preferably with the option for heavy screening with shit units that are really fast. Bonus points for glass cannon-ness.

tl;dr Dark Eldar AoS version who
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 2, 6, 6, 6 = 28 (6d6)

>>50732410
Lawnmowers of Slaanesh for melee.

Otherwise, Burning Chariots everywhere.
>>
>>50732410
Stormcast.
Judicators + Teleport Chauffeur and Prosecutors.
>>
>>50732427
Not him, but lawnmowers are slang for hellflayers and not chariots, yes?
>>
>>50732427

That Tzeentch chariot looks fucking retarded desu (except for the little daemons who pull it, they're cute. I forget the name). I've decided to revise my question:

How can I get shooty dudes into a Hosts of Slaanesh army without fucking everything up?

>>50732451

Thank you for the suggestion but I play GK in 40k and don't feel like playing the same army in AoS, lel. I also play DE in 40k but do feel like playing the same army since it's probably better in AoS
>>
File: 107.jpg (24KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
24KB, 600x584px
>Mfw a complete Olwyr Alfrostun is 24 560 Points and not 25 000.
>>
>>50732829
Just throw in an extra unit of cats. I crunched the numbers for tha tbefore and an extra 12 cats should make it even,
>>
>>50724327
>>50724337
>>50724344
>>50724358
Now that I see some nicely painted stuff, your lore is far more credible.
>>
alright everyone i realize i'm a huge faggot for posting twice in a row but basically I've decided Slaanesh actually looks like a pretty cool army after reading 1d4chan (kek) and some tactics articles. However I'm concerned that those chariots and chariot-variation-things are going to be fucking impossible to put together

would appreciate any tips if there are any slaaneshfags around
>>
Man I am stoked! Just do sis he's a 60 hour work week, need to go to the grocery store, and some things are going on, tomorrow, but Sunday I will actually get to do some hobby things!
>>
>>50733449
>do sis he
>finished a
How the autocorrect...

I'll be sure to post pics of my army after I make progress
>>
>>50732829
How does one even PLAY at that level? What board does one use?
>>
>>50731107
>implying it's impossible to do math, appreciate lore, and paint miniatures.

Sorry you're to intellectually limited to believe such things but try to keep your stuntedness from making you look like a moron publicly.
>>
>>50733414
Literally assembled the exalted chariot yesterday. (It uses 2sets of sprues Form the og chariots to Make a big one) the only things you need to pay attention to is the spikewheels the manual tells you to paint each bit individual but you should be fine glueing 5wheels together each and paint Them like that. There are some wheel that look deceptively similar but have inverted connections so stick to the number the manual gives you (remember Duplicates occur so do to the "kitbash" of the exalted chariot)
>>
>>50733715

Alright thanks anon, good to know. Much appreciated!
>>
>>50733414

Daemonettes are really powerful troops and you want a lot of them having a 7" move (8 with daemon cohort of slaanesh which is a steal at 40p) free of charge run (pun intended). Seekers are pretty much daemonette x2 with double attacks movement and wounds and sharing the same rules for running.

Chariots will fuck up hordes

Slaanesh daemon princes allow some shenanigans in combat as they get to attack before the enemy attacks them.

It requires More tactics than hurdur-ironjawz and lacks missile weapons but if you want to go fast you are in the right place. You could always add some converted flamers of tzee- slaanesh if you really wanted to.
>>
>>50732685
You kinda can't.
Unless they're Tzeentch or Skaven, Chaos doesn't really do "shoot things".
Your only option is Marauder Horsemen with Javelins. That's it.
>>
>>50733959
>Chaos doesn't shoot

Blackshard begs to differ
>>
>>50734041
Blackshard is only the name of a formation and chaos dwarf are just meme level now. 10 point a piece with one of the worst shooting weapon of the game.
>>
>>50734041
Oh, Forge World doesn't count.
>>
>>50730807
>>50730807
>lizardmen being created out of light by powerful wizards is stupid and silly.
>lets go back to them crawling out of magical pools created by even more powerful wizards. That was so much better.
I liked the spawning pools too, but I do find people who think the new fluff is somehow more silly or harder to accept to be kinda funny.
>>
So Am I reading this right? This thing gets 10 attacks as long as it's within 1" of an enemy per turn?
>>
>>50736182
Yeah, you get to attack with all of those weapons that are in range.

Note that the claws & tail's 2" range gives that particular weapon some versatility.
>>
Also as another question is there no point draw back to different equipment on units? I'm going through the general hand book and don't see anything in the point chart. So shouldn't I just always take Chaos Greatblade on my chariot or glaive and sword on my chaos lord?

These point charts are confusing.
>>
>>50736470
All options/upgrades listed on the warscroll are free

The Description section of the warscroll will tell you what the unit can use.
>>
>>50736470
Upgrades and different weapon loadouts cost no additional points. That is all factored into the base cost of the units. It works out, because most of the time each weapon loadout is comparable to the other, but in their own way. Like 1 weapon means you have a longer range, but the other means you wound easier, stuff like that.
>>
>>50736470
There are no point costs related to unit composition (bar the number of models in the unit of course) or character equipment.

>These point charts are confusing.
I disagree. I'd say they're pretty simple charts.
>>
>>50736486
>>50736489
OK so while it seems there are people here
When I read the sheet it says Halberds and shields by the wording? So why would I ever take a hand weapon and sheild if I could take the halberd which looks infinitely better?
>>
>>50736512
OK so on the general sheet it says this

Chaos Warriors 10 30 180 Battleline

Does this mean each set of 10 costs 180 points, but I can only max at 30 aka 3 sets meaning 540 points?
>>
>>50736524
You'd take Hand Weapon for better To Hit, take Halberd for better Range.

>>50736536
You pay for them in units of ten, the max unit size for one unit is 30. So you could have 5 groups of 30, or 15 groups of ten, they would cost the same number of points. Does that make sense?
>>
>>50736524
the hand weapons are 3+ to hit instead of 4+ to hit

the halberds have a longer range though, which is also useful, especially in bigger groups where the second rank is normally out of range to attack.

both are good in their own ways
>>
>>50736657
Yes. So to clarify my earlier question. I can have as many as I want. A unit maxes out at 30 units before I have to set up a seperate unit, same rule works in reverse as in I can't have less than 10. Every 10 I take, costs 180 points.

THANK YOU ANON

(also I didn't notice the "to hit change" brainfart on my end)
>>
>>50736657
>>50736668
Halberds sound super cool...until I realize I have to buy them in some odd quantity. Start collecting comes with 12 dudes, can buy more in sets of 3, but halberd "upgrades" come in sets of 10. Fucking christ I'm understanding the penny pinching
>>
>>50733700
For all your bullshit college words, which you probably got from Google using a thesaurus, the fact remains your shit is probably unpainted plastic. Your bad and you should feel bad.
You will never know success, love, or the touch of a woman
>>
>>50736689
OH SHIT I could go 10 front liners with sword and board, then 10 back liners with halberds holy shit. The world is opening up to me boys. It's also hella late.

Sorry for pleb questions, I'll lay off for now to stop shitting up this thread
>>
>>50736689
the sets of 10 are because the the unit size is ten.

also please remember that if you give your warriors banners and stuff (which you should) then you do not need as many halberds.

>>50736739
only if the two are separate units

>some UNITS wield either...
>>
>>50736739
They would be two different units but yes you can run one squad with Hand Weapons and one squad with Halberds.

All models in a unit of Chaos Warriors have to be equipped the same way.
>>
>>50736752
>>50736763
Yeah that's what I meant. Should I get a banner carrier and a horn blower? Also do those said units become inert? Like they just sit there or can they attack?
>>
>>50736752
actually the upgrade kit of 10 is the great weapons, not the halberds

check ebay for the halberds that come from the knights
>>
>>50736775
FAQ ruled that units with banners and musical instruments and other things still have their weapons and may still attack

there is literally no reason not to take those upgrades
>>
>>50736775
Yes, take banners and horn blowers. Models do not lose their regular attacks if they have those items equipped.
>>
>>50736776
https://www.games-workshop.com /en-US/Chaos-Warrior-Halberds-Upgrade-Pack

?
>>
>>50736775
They're assumed to still have whatever weapons they would normally be equipped with in addition to their banners/instruments.
>>
>>50736791
well I'll be damned

if you browse "slaves to darkness" on the store, the only listed upgrade pack is the axes

they must have mis-filed that one or something

I would still look for the chaos knight halberds on ebay since they look better and probably cost less.
>>
>>50736786
>>50736787
>>50736807

But it would take the slot of say, their shield. I see
>>
>>50736817
the banners and horns actually go in the right hand, and not the left
>>
>>50736817
Pretty sure they keep the shield too. Basically my understanding is there is no penalty, rules-wise, for taking banners etc.
>>
Another follow up then I guess, do I need another seperate model for my Aspiring champion? The rules say it's just one dude but what's the community rule? Can I just paint up one extra fancy to make him distinct or does he have to have special bling?
>>
>>50736817
No, chaos warriors have four loadouts:

1. Hand Weapon & Shield
2. Halberds & Shield
3. Chaos Greatblade (no shield)
4. Hand Weapon & Hand Weapon

Each loadout has a special ability or combat benefit associated with it.

Read the Description until it makes perfect sense
>>
>>50736859
Forgot to add this last part:

Musicians and banners are free upgrades on top of their regular equipment. You can equip your whole unit with Greatblades and the banner bearer still gets to attack as if they had a Greatblade equipped.
>>
>>50736847
>>50736850
You lads are making my night. As well as being super helpful.
>>
>>50736854
I've never assembled chaos warriors, but every other box I've bought you can usually tell at a glance which bits are supposed to be the fancy leader ones. I have a unit that I literally just painted one guy a different colour than the rest but used the regular models. As long as you and your opponent can tell which model is the leader, I think you're set.
>>
>>50736854
the chaos warrior box is pretty old, but it might have a part for it

honestly as long as it clear (like, paint his helmet red or something) then that is good enough
>>
Do you HAVE to pile in in the combat phase in order to attack or is it optional?
>>
>>50737053
Read the 4 page rules
>>
File: IMG_1753.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1753.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50736729
>For all your bullshit college words, which you probably got from Google using a thesaurus, the fact remains your shit is probably unpainted plastic. Your bad and you should feel bad.You will never know success, love, or the touch of a woman

So this is also me and a sample of my shitty painting, but I try. >>50729483

Also why you make it personal? you want me to tell you about my wife, kid, career, stem major, awesome sex life? I don't think you'd let yourself believe me if I did because your sad little ego would never recover.

Just chill out and don't be such a douche k?
>>
>>50733959

Alright, thanks again anon. Sorry for the late reply. Do you have any experience on whether mostly-cavalry with light infrantry works>

im now bery drun sorry
>>
>>50737172
Full cavalry armies are viable and quite good, when done right

I run an undead army that is pure chariots, monsters, and monstrous cavalry
>>
>>50737172
Never played a cavalry-heavy army (my only cavalry units are a mounted Wight King and 5 Black Knights), so no, I'm afraid not. Sorry.

If you want to continue your Hosts of Slaanesh theme, you can take some Hellstriders and Chaos Knights (marked Slaanesh) and run those along your Horsemen. It should work pretty well. Just make sure to choose an appropriate army leader.

Merry fighting, anon. May Slaanesh help with your inevitable hangover.
>>
>>50737191
>>50737466

Chaos Knights look pretty cool. How do I make an army? Sorry for being a retard but I'm used to 40k. Looks like I need warscrolls + the general's handbook. Is that correct?
>>
>>50737172
Chaos knight and marauder horsemen are both battleline...
you can just forget infantry, use a couple of chariot for the heavy hitting tho, amd a monster or 2 and youll have a nice, strong army of slaanesh.
>>
>>50737662
use the page 107 and 134 of the general handbook.
Its all you need to make your army.
>>
>>50737662
The General's Handbook is pretty much the only book that can be considered a necessity, and that's without including the fact that the basic rules - the 4 pages - are in the back of every book, which makes the GHB a proper rulebook (albeit one that isn't actually necessary to play the game, even though it's too useful a resource to discount).

tl;dr Yes.

Regarding making an army, in open and narrative play, armies can be constructed however the hell you want them to be. No restrictions except the ones you make for yourself or which are provided by your Battleplan (think a Mission). In matched play, however, it's different: you need 1 leader (usually these are individual character models) to be your general and 2 or more Battleline units (think Troops) depending on how many points the game is being played at (which is not like Troops).
>>
>>50737662
Warscrolls are free on the GW website or through the free app

the General's Handbook is 25 dollars in print, and has point values and allegiance rules for every army. It is also packed with rules for Open Play, Narrative Play, the world campaign, and other stuff. You are probably only interested in the Pitched Battles though...

Armies in Pitched Battles (points) have the following restrictions:

>Must all be from the same Grand Alliance, but not restricted to a single faction
>Must have a certain number of "Battleline" units at various point levels: 2 @ 1000 pts or less, 3 @ 1001-2000 pts, 4 @ 4000 points or more
>similarly, there are limits on the number of Heroes, Gargantuan units, and War Machines you can bring at each point level.
>If a unit is not a Hero, Behemoth, or War Machine, there is no limitation on how many you can take as long as you have the points
>If all your models are of the same sub-faction, addition kinds of units are considered Battleline, giving you more flexibility
>Battalions (Formations) cost points IN ADDITION to the points required for the models contained.
>Unlike 40k formations, battalions are considered part of your army like anything else, and your overall army still needs the amount of Battleline units, has the hero limit, etc.
In practice, as long as you aren't cheesing these restrictions are very light

In pitched battles, unites are taken in multiples of their default unit size.

For example, a unit of 10 chaos marauders is 60 points. You can increase the unit size to 20 for another 60 points, up to a maximum of 40 models. You could also spend that same 60 points on a second unit of marauders instead. You do not take one or two additional marauders for 6 points each. It is 10 marauders for 60 points, or none at all.

Wargear options do not cost additional points, but are fairly balanced internally.

Banners and musical instruments have no downsides and should always be taken.
>>
>>50737724

Thanks anon. That's probably more like what I was looking for. Although I wouldn't mind running some infantry Warriors of Chaos since I've always loved the Chaos armored infantry models. Maybe go fo a hammer and anvil sort of thing.

>>50737734
>>50737737

Alright, thanks as well anons. I will get to reading. Doesn't look too hard to figure out.

>>50737742

I think I will but the generals' handbook this weekend then. The flexibility in AoS seems pretty great tbqh. Also formations costing points could really be used in 40k. Also thanks for the explanation on mutiples of units m8.

At this point my only serious question is whether I can somehow combine the beastmen (see below paragraph) and Slaaneshi units (prefereably in a fluffy way with mechanical changes ie. marking for points) but I imagine that will be in the books when I order them.

If anyone wouldn't mind humouring one last retarded question, the other army I was looking at is Beastmen of Chaos. I see that they share a few of the keywords with Slaanesh. Does this mean I can combine the two? Can I have drunk-as-fuck beastmen murder-druggie Dark Eldar-in-fantasy?

sorry for typos, as mentioned earlier i have had much alcohol
>>
>>50737801
note about general's handbook: gh2 may come out in the next year so don't be butthurt if that happens
>>
>>50737801
You can combine any armies with the same Grand Alliance, regardless of keywords, that doesn't mean it is always a good idea though.

The warscrolls often have special rules that work based on keywords. If you notice slaanesh units that then end up buffing breyheards or vice versa, then by all means go for it. Chaos in Age of Sigmar is all about unit synergy.

Both slaanesh and breyherds are very fast, so they have that going for them. Gors aren't a bad unit either.

Just stay away from the really terrible Tzaangors, no matter how cool their models are
>>
>>50737832
>>50737849

okay thanks again for the help anons. I think I'm pretty set on an army of beastmen + slaanesh, just gotta figure out the exact unit composition and fluff (have some ideas but they're based on my understanding of old WHFB so I'll have to update). Something something conflict within beastmen tribe as the cult of slaanesh and the cult of khaine... no wait that's not right... uhh, the cult of smashing shit and herdstones... there we go, uh, those two cults fight n' shit.
>>
>>50737849
>>50737801
one other thing I forgot to mention that is really important if you are playing daemons

The way reserves work is totally different than 40k.

First off, you need a general that is capable of calling in reinforcements, or a model with the Chaos and Wizard keywords to be able to summon daemons.

In Age of Sigmar, rather than selecting units to go in reserve during deployment, you allocate a certain number of points into your list.

For example, if you take 700 points to a 1000 points game, that means you can call in or summon up to 300 points of reinforcements during the game.

The units that make up your summons are chosen when you summon, not during listbuilding. This allows you to tailor your list to your opponent in every game, at the cost of units coming in late (or not at all, if your wizards die before they can summon). It is a risky play, but kind of cool.

If you plan to summon a lot, make sure you keep your wizard well protected, and maybe bring more than one wizard.
>>
>>50737911

thanks for this anon. I will have to read the rules way more before deciding on a list. if i can at all manage it i'd like a bunch of sneaky (infiltrate?) beastmen + chariots + mortal cavalry + lord on chaos thingy + summoners. But we'll see how that goes.
>>
I want to put some round bases on some beastmen gors that I am going to buy. Should I use 25mm or 32mm?
>>
>>50738200
32mm.
They look so much better on 32mm.
>>
>>50738346
Ok, thanks
>>
>>50726787
the guy on top sits on a lot of mounts, like the old forest dragons, easily.
>>
>>50726787

Send me one please. That is not selling them, it's donating them to a good cause. I promise I will use it to make an actual army. :^)
>>
>>50719988
Can't handle not having all the attention?
>>
>>50737933
Chaos Knights are amazing, they hit like a falling anvil on the charge and then stick around like a stationary anvil
>>
File: sweating_doomguy.png (100KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sweating_doomguy.png
100KB, 250x250px
>look at the store page for Liberators
>the #PaintingWarhammer gallery has two pictures of them painted as MLP characters
>>
What is the average points for a game? Looks like I can fit a lot of mounted dudes into an army
>>
>>50719979
Link to a pastebin next time or adopt a trip so people can filter you out
>>
So coming from /twg/ and TW:W, now that sigmar kits have round bases are there any units or rules that promote ranked fire/formation? Also why did FW can the chaos mammoth
>>
File: IMG_3308.png (298KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3308.png
298KB, 640x1136px
>>50739059
THIs one?
>>
>>50739228
Yeah.
>>
File: 1366067432879.jpg (72KB, 605x607px) Image search: [Google]
1366067432879.jpg
72KB, 605x607px
>>50739228
>>50739059
This is extremely amusing
>>
Dubs picks my new army. Preferably not Nurgle, Ironjawz or Dorfs as I already have em
>>
>>50739476
Free guild
>>
File: daemonsofslaanesh2.jpg (77KB, 781x547px) Image search: [Google]
daemonsofslaanesh2.jpg
77KB, 781x547px
>>50739476
Host of Slaanesh
>>
Been out of the loop for a while now
There been any new rumors? Aside from jetpack dwarfs
Specifically there anything on the malerion v tyrion/teclis thing?
>>
>>50739228
> Age of Kekmar
>>
>>50739476
rolling for brets
>>
>>50739476
the new dwarves of the coming year
>>
>>50739476
Skaven
>>
>>50739476
Tomb Kings
>>
>>50739679
>There been any new rumors?
We have basically nothing.
The only thing we know is that they are working on the General's Handbook 2, because GW ask us what we want to see.
>>
>>50739476
Aelves
>>
File: img_2098.jpg (275KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
img_2098.jpg
275KB, 980x735px
>>50719418
Bone color with gold trim. Pic related, lower left.
>>
>>50739679
undivided
>>
>>50739476
Rolling for Tomb Kings
>>
>>50739679
dorfs, steamhead, old or fyre
>>
>>50737662
>Chaos Knights look pretty cool
Had my unit of 5 knights charge a unit of 30 crypt ghouls, the bonus stuff for charge allowed me to kill 15. Didn't do much else after that.
>>
File: 99120299022_ChaosChimeraNEW03.jpg (46KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120299022_ChaosChimeraNEW03.jpg
46KB, 600x620px
>>50739950
Glaives or swords?

Also do I drop the fat cash for the Mutalith Vortex or go for half the price but get the fun Chimera? I'm Just worried my chimera will get murder balled (for good reason) where as I can keep my mutalith behind my own lines and use it's passisve to fuck on the enemy's battle line engaged with my warriors.

On the flip side the Chimera can effectively 1 shot a hero if it gets in range with it's breath or wreak havoc on enemy units with it's 10 attacks or 2 inch tail. (he's also like half the cash price of a vortex)
>>
>>50739476
Beastmen!
>>
>>50739476
Stormcast Eternals
>>
>>50737742
We should make some kind of FAQ, we get these kinds of questions in every thread
>>
>>50739476
Tomb Kings
>>
>>50739476
Wanderers
>>
>>50740070
Depends on the rest of your force - the chimera is fairly scary but just tough enough that most enemies will be torn between actually dedicating effort to bring it down in a hurry (i.e. before it eats a unit) or ignoring it in favor of bigger threats.
>>
>>50739476
Rollin for Flesh Eater Courts
>>
>>50739228
kek, this is funny
>>
Anyone ever used Galrauch in AoS?

I still have the old metal monstrosity lying around. Kinda scared to assemble him because it looks like a nightmare of drilling, filing and stuff. Gives me flashbacks to my old metal Greater Daemons.
>>
File: temple_guard_by_daarken.jpg (179KB, 1051x768px) Image search: [Google]
temple_guard_by_daarken.jpg
179KB, 1051x768px
>>50739476
Seraphon
>>
>>50739476
Fimirach.
>>
>>50739476
extremis chamber
>>
>>50739476
orgers
>>
>>50739476
Op here, still nothing? Jesus
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 5, 2, 4, 4 = 23 (6d6)

>>50739476
Beastmen.
>>
>>50739476
Boromites
>>
>>50739476
slaanesh
>>
>>50739476
Only faction you havent done is Death, go for Flesh Eaters Courts. Paint em up like angler fish
>>
File: skeleton.gif (749KB, 227x216px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.gif
749KB, 227x216px
>>50739476
skellies
>>
>>50739476
gobs
>>
File: 012.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
i've never seen a game of aos not turn into a huge cluster fuck in the middle .
>>
>>50741000
TRIPS HAS DECREED
>>
>>50741000
What's kind of goblins?
>>
>>50740413
I don't think I'll have much bigger threats. I just like the big chaos monsters and wanted to use one in my smaller army. I think I'll be starting at 1k points. Something like 2 sets of chaos warriors, 1 set of knights, 1 gorebeast chariot, Chaos Sorceror Lord, Chimera then either 1 more gorebeast chariot or plaguebearers of nurgle
>>
File: given to the goblin king.jpg (39KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
given to the goblin king.jpg
39KB, 500x667px
>>50741123
Every kind
>>
>>50741129
Alternatively I go mutalith vortex and use the 20 points to change the Bearers/extra chariot into Festus or Gutrot
>>
So I have like, 40 Phoenix Guard and some Avelorn bitches from a couple years ago. What can I do with them in AOS?

I've got some Ellyrian Horse fuckers too.
>>
Just ctrl+F whatever you're looking for
>>
File: samflegal_wolfchariot_web[1].jpg (573KB, 720x665px) Image search: [Google]
samflegal_wolfchariot_web[1].jpg
573KB, 720x665px
>>50741123
GITMOB IS BEST
>>
>>50741020
Play it with some objectives, anon.
>>
>>50719282
They only have saves of 6 and they don't reroll unless in combat. Just spam ranged.
>>
>>50741123
Spooder gobs
>>
>>50741123
Moonclan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE
>>
File: Valdus[1].png (479KB, 617x696px) Image search: [Google]
Valdus[1].png
479KB, 617x696px
I want to start playing AoS (it would be my first miniature game), but I'm not sure if I can find other players to play the game because from what I have read online is that the game has an overall bad reputation.

I went to a GW-shop for more information and the employee said that there is almost the same amount of AoS players than 40k. I also went to a general miniature shop and the employee said that there are only small groups of players who play AoS and that I would have better chance to find others if I play the 9th Age.

Now I really have no Idea if I should start AoS or not. How hard is it to find other players for somebody who has never played a miniature game?(I live in Austria/Vienna)
>>
>>50741558
The GW store guys said there's as many as 40k? 40k is their most popular franchise so that sounds like a good thing?

Also 9th age is a meme tbqh right now. It's completely community driven and it has a while to go before it gets solidified.
>>
>>50741558
AoS is a good game, alot of previous Warhammer fans are still a bit salty over the death of Fantasy. I reckon when they start adding new armies that it'll start to pick up traction and get more popular.

Ask your local GW/FLGS if they do a AoS night as its a good way to meet people who do play the game.
>>
>>50740070
The charge bonus only takes effect if you are using glaives, but the Ensorcelled Weapons arent bad either as they give you three attacks.
>>
>>50741614
I mean I was asking that guy who said his knights only got a few kills then did fuck all. Was asking if he used glaives for the charge kills then of course they did nothing in melee since it's worse than Ensorc. I think I'm gonna take Ensorc on mine I'm not sure
>>
>>50741558
Tbh a GW person would say that, though that doesn't mean he is lying. I don't know my stores ratio but if our winter tournament is anything to go by then there is quite a few here at least. I only started recently as well and what helped me was that there was a beginners day on which I could learn the game. You should find out if your store has a similar thing or if there are certain days when AOS people play.

>>50741630
I am the same guy, the doing fuck all afterwards was down to my bad luck with the dice and the fact that my hit rolls became +5 due to some flesh court rule. They are +3 to wound though so if I could have actually made some hits then I would have been fine.
>>
>>50741585
> 40k is their most popular franchise so that sounds like a good thing?

I'm not sure if he only said that so he can sell the game to me.

>Ask your local GW/FLGS if they do a AoS night as its a good way to meet people who do play the game.
Thank you for the advise.
>>
>>50741701
OH I see, then yeah I might go with glaives. Sadly it looks like I have to buy those seperately. Thanks for the info. Tough luck on the court
>>
>>50741558
>Starting
I would absolutely, postively, with no doubt in my mind, tell you to avoid the 9th age as a starter game. WHFB, for all its great lore, was, and still is, a clunky, complex and highly mechanical system that requires a large amount of miniarures and a good understanding of the overall system.

Now, while the 9th age community is overall good, there are a few things to know about it; They consist of mostly veteran players, who can easily crush most new players. Im not saying that they will, as most vets do take it easy on newbies. But in real tournaments, or in a especially competative atmosphere, things will get hard real fast.

My advice? Buy AoS models and put em on square bases
>>
>>50741558
>game has an overall bad reputation.
literally only because of the salty fags who can't deal with new stuff.
>muh lore
>muh old warhammur
>muh billion rules
fuck them, game is good
>>
>>50742070
>>50741818
>>50741701
Fuck it I will give the game a try. Thank you for the help
>>
>>50742102
Really that's all we ask, before you buy, give it a try. Find some AoS players and have them help you run a demo. Then even try 9th age too. Which game seems better to you? Which group of players seem nicer or cooler to be around? These are both very important factors when getting into a miniatures game.
>>
>>50741558
What people say online and the real word are two completely different things.
I live in Europe, so things like Warmachine or 9th are completely unheard of, for example.
Just go into your local store and ask.
I've never had so much fun with a miniature game as I am having now with AoS, so my suggestion is to go for it. If you have a GW store neraby, that's where you can usually find new players.
Best of luck!
>>
>>50739199
you should do the sam
>>
new thread
>>50743352
>>50743352
>>50743352
>>
>>50741289
>gitmob
>best at anything
Maybe the best wolf fondlers, sure but that's about it
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.