[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 63

File: aosgeneral_leaker.jpg (169KB, 876x876px) Image search: [Google]
aosgeneral_leaker.jpg
169KB, 876x876px
New rumor engine cocktease, edition

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Link to old thread:
>>50668774
>>
File: thesluttestdemon.jpg (1MB, 1926x1703px) Image search: [Google]
thesluttestdemon.jpg
1MB, 1926x1703px
first for Slaanesh
>>
>>50696880
Second for Bonesplitaz being the best faction.
>>
File: 16 - 1 (1).jpg (2MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1 (1).jpg
2MB, 5344x3006px
>>50696898
third for I can't hear you over the fact that I ride dinosaurs.
>>
>>50696830
If GW's next big story seed for AoS is "you know that thing about Slaanesh being imprisoned/gone...... JUST KIDDING!" I'll die laughing.

This really is 4th Edition D&D all over again.
>>
>>50696898
That's not Chaos Dwarves
>>
File: Screenshot_20161215-092243.png (5MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161215-092243.png
5MB, 1440x2560px
>>50697018
Riminda' ov whoz ridin' da biggest dinozor
>>
>>50696830
Colour makes me think either Dark Aelfs or Slaanesh. Jewels look kinda like Eldar Soulstones so maybe a new Morathi with a long coat?
>>
File: 1481590444761.png (292KB, 631x562px) Image search: [Google]
1481590444761.png
292KB, 631x562px
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>50697060
>find out where Slaanesh has been imprisoned.
>Chaos makes effort to free to increase their power and finish the conquest of Sigmar.
>Forces of Order must move away fromt he siege to stop them
>Nagash was the one behind the capture because he's power hungry and arrogant.
>Destruction fucking ship up.
I'd be fine with it.
I mean, if there is Slaanesh just pops back up with no development or plot that would be dumb, but having the next plot being getting Slaanesh back would actually be decent pay off to the set up from the start.

Not sure what you meant by 4th Ed D&D, as that didn't have a single setting canon.
>>
Skaven BTFO
>>
>>50697191
>mfw they literally stated that Slaanesh is a fat fuck now because of how many souls he ate
I can't help but think of vore scenarios given Slaanesh being Slaanesh
>>
>>50697175
>>50696880
>>50697060
>>50697191

Okay so is this bait or does no one understood it is the Lahmian ?
>>
>>50697191
>>Nagash was the one behind the capture

Actually it was Tzeentch manipulating Khorne and the Aelf Gods.
>>
File: IMG_20161110_162516279.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161110_162516279.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
>>50697148
I got bigger dinos too
>>
>>50697184
faggot. it was UP for so long and like everytime, as long as its up nobody pick it up and when its gone everybody was totally going to buy 3 of them that week.

email GW, it was a limited christmas bundle so either wait another fucking year of just shell ouf the $60 you were "saving" on this and BTFO faggot elf.
>>
>>50697258
>faggot. it was UP for so long and like everytime

It wasn't up long.
They never put buy it now warning on it.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Is $20 for the dwarves half of battle for skull pass a good deal? I just want some dwarves damnit.
>>
>>50697191
>Not sure what you meant by 4th Ed D&D, as that didn't have a single setting canon.

I meant in terms of what' happening to the marketplace.

GW when AoS launched was much like WoTC right when 4th edition was announced. Their dominance of the market was TOTAL. You either played their games or you went home.

Then, GW, just like WoTC released a massively re-tooled version of their flagship game designed to appeal to a broader, more casual audience and in the process alienated a majority of their original fanbase.

With 4th edition, the new fanbase turned out to be not nearly as profitable as WoTC hoped so they MASSIVELY course corrected back in the other direction, trying to make D&D 4th edition play more like the older editions, only to find out that it was too late. The market was flooded with competitors who were only too happy to cater to the fans WoTC had initially abandoned and the market dominance they had so taken for granted was gone forever.

This very much seems to be what GW is doing as every single update to AoS seems like a desperate attempt to turn it back into Warhammer: Fantasy Battles without having to admit that the y fucked up.

At least GW hasn't yet resorted to outright insulting unhappy fans.

Remember the D&D 4th Edition preview that depicted anyone who didn't like the game as a troll, then had a dragon take a shit on them?
>>
>>50697469
>GW when AoS launched was much like WoTC right when 4th edition was announced. Their dominance of the market was TOTAL.

That's incorrect, they launched AoS because Fantasy was a dead fish. They had already lost market share to games like Warmachine, Infinity and X Wing.
>>
File: 7go0k36.jpg (369KB, 1652x1078px) Image search: [Google]
7go0k36.jpg
369KB, 1652x1078px
>>50696898
>Bonesplitaz being the best faction.
you are wrong but you included the best faction in the picture
>>
>>50697469
>>50697589
Additionally sales went up with AoS compared to Fantasy, rather than the downwards spiral from D&D 3.5 to 4th.
>>
>>50697469
>massively re-tooled version of their flagship game
40k is their flagship game, Fantasy was an old legacy game that was dying/dead. Sword & sorcery-esque wargames (like KoW and Hordes) were beginning to rise and they needed to do something with the IP so they decided to revamp it - for better or for worse.
>>
File: 20161214_120317.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_120317.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
What are you working on today /aosg/?
>>
Anyone know the points value of the Khorne Bloodbound Murderband warscroll battalion. Its from the Start Collecting box and as far as I can tell, none of them seem to have a points value.
>>
>>50697853
None of the start collecting battalions have points, and are therefore not legal for matched play
>>
>>50697258
Jesus Christ calm down you autistic piece of shit.
>>
>>50697824
>>50697841
Then why is GW desperately trying to turn Age of Sigmar back into Warhammer fantasy battles.

Remember the official party line from GW for almost a year after AoS launched?

"Balance? Who needs balance? Army points are a thing of the past. Nobody likes Tourneyfags anyway."

Remember frustrated game designers going behind their bosses' backs and posting homebrewed game balance systems using total Wounds on Skype conversations?

Then suddenly, army points are back and GW are trying to act like this was their intention all along, when it can be clearly seen that it wasn't.
>>
>>50697949
t. a guy that never pull the trigger on anything umless its limited but cry everytime something is sold out because this time he TOTALLY wanted it.
>>
>>50698033
>Then why is GW desperately trying to turn Age of Sigmar back into Warhammer fantasy battles.

They're not.
AoS was intended to be a living rule set.
Not only is the concept of points not unique to WHFB, but it's only one way to play the game.
>>
>>50698033
Literally nothing you said was true.

>Remember the official party line from GW for almost a year after AoS launched?

>"Balance? Who needs balance? Army points are a thing of the past. Nobody likes Tourneyfags anyway."

Official line was that it was up to the gamers to decide how to balance their games

>Remember frustrated game designers going behind their bosses' backs and posting homebrewed game balance systems using total Wounds on Skype conversations?

Official GW events ran using wound totals. There was no 'going behind their bosses backs'

>Then suddenly, army points are back and GW are trying to act like this was their intention all along, when it can be clearly seen that it wasn't.

No, they widely accepted that they needed a points system, thats why they went to the people running major events and producing major comp packs to help them produce it.

Like, were you actually around for any of this or are you just quoting some butthurt WHFB fag?
>>
>>50697852
Gluing together the StD/Thunderscorn stuff I have left for my tourny list. Painting and basing I'll have to hurry, get the basic basing and 3 colors in.
>>
>>50698033
>Then why is GW desperately trying to turn Age of Sigmar back into Warhammer fantasy battles.
Not sure if trolling, or just a complete moron...

>"Balance? Who needs balance? Army points are a thing of the past. Nobody likes Tourneyfags anyway."
Which GW never said, nor was it their tagline or stance on anything. In fact, during the launch of it at warhammer world, reps were going around talking about it to potential gamers. Many asked them about where the points were, and the reps did say that GW did plan on implementing a system for competitive players. They never said what or give any specifics, but they did say the wanted to make the game compatible for competitive as well as casual.

>Remember frustrated game designers going behind their bosses' backs and posting homebrewed game balance systems using total Wounds on Skype conversations?
Nope. I do not remember that. Why? Because it never happened. You may be thinking of GW store managers using homebrew balance systems, such as wounds, due to popular request.

>Then suddenly, army points are back and GW are trying to act like this was their intention all along, when it can be clearly seen that it wasn't.
Except that it was their intention. Like I said, since the beginning they were planning on adding something in for competitive play. We don't know if it was points, we just know they wanted to do something.

Your whole argument hinges on the implement of the GHB, under the assumption that it was a panic implementation. When it wasn't. They gave up on WHFB because the players did too. It wasn't making them any money. Then AoS drops with a really really rocky start, pissing off an extremely vocal small group of whfb players, and the rest of the community, who had absolutely nothing invested in it in the first place, who thought the idea was dumb. However, the game had a brand new slowly growing community, which I think was the original intention. Then the GHB gave that small community a shot of steroids
>>
File: 99590299065_DREADMAW1c.jpg (24KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590299065_DREADMAW1c.jpg
24KB, 600x620px
Hey /tg/.

Im thinking more and more about buying a pair of dreadmaw, do you think its worth it for 440 points ?
I have a moonclan army, a spiderclan army and an Ironjaw army.
It looks like it fit nicely in those 3 army but i guy in mt flgs say its slightly overcosted and that the merwyrm looks stronger.
just wanted to know what do you think about it.
>>
>>50697469
well except every part of your comparison kinda falls apart.

The challenge to tabletop wargames came before AoS launch, and Fantasy wasn't bringing sales. There were not new competitors they were fighting against, Kings of War is still a blip.

DnD 3.5 had most of it's new products coming from 3rd party development, so 'play are game or go home' doesn't fit. And there had been a long history of alternate rpgs. And Massive retools between editions is a known factor. Anyone who says that 3.5 was not a massive departure from 2ed is talking out of nostolgia.

Also, the competators for DnDs direct customer base, pathfinder, is stil using a WoTC liscense.

There was not a massive retool of 4th ed by itself. The later monster manuals and books fixed some of the editions problems, but those fixes were not about bringing back 3.5. And the fixes were pretty minor compared to what the Generals handbook did.

Also your forgetting things like a massive leadership change in GW over that course, while no such thing happened in WotC.
That WotC is not a self owned company, and the decision to kill 4th ed came down from Hasbro who had expected much higher sales (the game made money, Hasbro didn't really understand selling rule books instead of physical games.)

TL:DR Fractally Wrong
>>
>>50698033
pls dont kick my piss
>>
File: thisiswhatshitpostersbelieve.jpg (90KB, 798x307px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhatshitpostersbelieve.jpg
90KB, 798x307px
>>50698214
May not be the same guy, but it does seem like that's his intention.
>>
>>50698240
Ever notice thatt these people have to declare that they've "kicked the piss out of you guys"? Shouldnt that go without saying if its actually true?
>>
>>50698033
I was in Sierra Leone for the whole "end of the world" and AoS launch shite..

And even I know what you said was bollocks.
>>
>>50697018
With a mini that ugly you can keep your dinosaur, Christ those Lustria campaign models are hideous.
>>
>>50698240
Ahahah.

>Walks into middle of football pitch during match
>Shits self and cries
>everyone too disgused to continue playing
>"Hah really took the wind out of their sails, kicked the piss out of them"
>>
>>50698214
>>50698240
Just wait guys, he's right now typing up a huge post, with line-by-line quoting and bullshit reasoning and logic, ignoring the points that he can't argue against.
>>
>>50698195
The release of AoS was pretty badly fucked up. Like those questions should have been put out in press releases, not answered piecemeal.

If GW had released all their product in the exact same order, but handled it better, and communicated better, they could have avoided 90% of their problem.
I'm going to blame Tom "I serious phobia about anything being communicated" Kirby for that.

Imagine this situation.

Stormcast and Bloodborn are released, along with the 4 page rulebook.
BUT, it's presented as a preview. Rules for all the old factions are added, so you can try playing them against the new models and in the new format.

We're told that those 4 pages are going to be the basis for the new game, but more is going to be added. Throw in a couple of narrative battleplan ideas, and tell players to come up with more, and SEND THEM TO GW. They'll be releasing more, and putting the best ideas, with credits, up on their website.

In terms of balance, they say that the Sigmarite and bloodborn are balanced against each other, but try using wound counts as a gage for balance, AND that they would be working with the community to come up with the future paint system.
Again, this is the preview, and they want to have the communicty give them more data about what's powerful.
>>
File: IMG_0093.jpg (135KB, 876x876px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0093.jpg
135KB, 876x876px
>>50696830
That teased pic is definitely dark eldar.

Here is a picture of the dark eldar raider baseplate overlapped on the cape pattern. Sorry sigmarfags.
>>
File: lady dorf WIP smol.jpg (39KB, 314x447px) Image search: [Google]
lady dorf WIP smol.jpg
39KB, 314x447px
>>50697852
Working on making a lady dwarf entirely from GS. Either a Thane w/Standard or a Warden Queen, not sure yet.
>>
File: Rumour-cog-image.jpg (292KB, 1492x880px) Image search: [Google]
Rumour-cog-image.jpg
292KB, 1492x880px
>>50696830
mystery solved
>>
>>50698347
Oh I agree. The release could have definitely been handled better.

Like I said, they were planning on implementing some sort of matched play system, but even then I don't think they knew what exactly. It is probably very likely they had something planned in an alpha stage (as it were) when they saw the wild success that was the SCGT, and decided to scrap what they were working on, and use that instead.

This is all part of their initiative to opening back up to the community again and listening to it.

So would things have gone better for AoS if they released a traditionally flawed GW stype points system for it in the beginning? I think so. But part of hindsight is I think we ended up better off with the SCGT system, so it would be a rare case of GW's stupidity working out for the better.
>>
File: IMAG0852.jpg (91KB, 521x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0852.jpg
91KB, 521x619px
>>50698389
That's awesome. love me some lady dwarfs. I use this as a runelord.
>>
>>50698347
And nothing would have happened differently, autists still going to autist, if GW did that theyd get tons of abuse, if they backed down theyd get tons of abuse. WHFB community was so toxic the bandaid had to be ripped off fast.

You forget the community was made up of people who never bought models because there were never any reasons to update your units, unit fillers were popular so even less sales, no new blood incoming because of the massive cost of entry and density of the rules. WHFb was dying, why cant people see that?
>>
>>50698240
Not this guy.

But it is amazing how thin-skinned Age of Sigmar fans are.
>>
>>50698347
Now GW release some more lore, and more scenarios, filling in the initial preview.

The fans are comming up with new comp systems, and GW actively, and openly, communicates with them. Official article stating that they're now looking over those systems and working with their makers, to create the official competitive format.

GHB comes out, only now they can treat that as the official release of the game. And therefore can go further with the changes. Talk more about the different ways they've seen the community play (which kinda happened as Tom 'no one say anything to anybody' Kirby is no longer in charge).

Even more they state that they'll be planning semi-frequant updates (once a year) to those point costs and army building rules. The core of the system remains the same, so you don't need to relearn whole new editions, but the balance can be tweaked responsively and across the whole game, rather than the piecemeal and slow process that has made GW games so poorly balanced
(this is basically what's happening, minus admitting that their previous release policy was awful).

We're back to where we are, but most people actually knew this is where we were going to be.
>>
File: received_10155590112735031.jpg (70KB, 572x696px) Image search: [Google]
received_10155590112735031.jpg
70KB, 572x696px
>>50698443
The goal is to more or less look like this
>>
>>50698471
I wasn't into WHFB at all, and I had no faith in AoS at release because the communication was so shit.

I had no loyality to the old game, but from what GW put up for new people, there was little to no indication that there was plans for this development.
>>
>>50698605
You mean the development of AoS? You mean apart from the end times? Games like AoS arent made in a day, theyd been planning it at least 2-3 years in advance.
>>
>>50698471
All true, but GW handled things in probably the worst way possible.

There are so many GW could have resolved the situation. They could have released a re-tooled version of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. They could have moved the timeline forward and created some interesting units which are harder to proxy. They could have created a streamlined ruleset which emphasized smaller unit sizes and less massed-rank combat, but done so in such a way that the game was still recognizable as Warhammer Fantasyat the end of the day.

Instead, they nuked a beloved setting with 30 years of lore to dust and replaced it with a shitty Thor rip off and rushed out the door a blatantly unfinished ruleset that was borderline unplayable. Then re-named absolutely EVERYTHING to stupid and barely pronounceable Captain Ersatz versions of classic fantasy names so GW can own the copyright.

The people who claim that Age of Sigmar put the "fluff bunnies" on top are deluding themselves.
>>
>>50698849
>They could have released a re-tooled version of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. They could have moved the timeline forward and created some interesting units which are harder to proxy. They could have created a streamlined ruleset which emphasized smaller unit sizes and less massed-rank combat, but done so in such a way that the game was still recognizable as Warhammer Fantasyat the end of the day.
Isn't this literally what they did

Oh you're the warmaslav shitposter

Fuck off retard
>>
>>50698842
>end times
showed that something was happening, but didn't communicate what was being developed.
>planned 2-3 years in advance.
doesn't excuse piss poor communication.
At release the game was not in a finished state. It was a fine start point, but it wasn't ready yet. But everything they released, not answers to individuals asking at events, I mean front page releases, treated it like a done game.

They needed to say, upfront, on their official website, that Age of SIgmar was still being developed.

>>50698849
>handled it in the worst way possible.
yep.
>shitty Thor rip off.
Losing the point
>blatantly unfished ruleset
getting it back
>borderline unplayble
losing it again.
>re-named everything
yeah, Kirby had no real understanding of how and why copyright worked, despite being ubsessed with it.

Age of Sigmar, as a game, is not the problem you keep insisting it is. The manor of it's release was. A new Warhammer Fantasy edition wouldn't have fixed it's real problems. It needed a hard reboot, because there wasn't anywhere for the story to grow unless they blew a lot of things up. Maybe they could have not blown up the entire world, but a lot needed to go.
>>
>>50697018
Strip it, start again.
This mini might have given me cancer
>>
>>50699220
Dude, are you whining that a Wargame started off hazy and is still in development and GW didn't outright tell you that?

Fuck off.

Also, Fyreslayers guy from previous thread.

Is the Warrior Kinband a good start?
>>
>>50697235
The only Dino that the Lizardbros have that can compare in size with the Maw Crusha is a dread saurian.
>>
>>50699220
Not the other anon, but i wonder what the world/fan response would've been if they had kept the Old World but simply moved it drastically forward/backward in time. Like a post-apocalyptic WHFB i guess.
>>
>>50699290
Technically they did do that, Malus still exists in the realm of Azyr as a burnt out World-core.
>>
>>50698210
> thinks about buying dread maw
> has ironjaws, moon clan
Are you me? What the fuck this is scary...
I'm on the edge because of the cost too (only 3 attacks on his get fucked bite...). And I also just ordered the Mega Squig.
>>
>>50696830
does anyone have a link to the warhammer live aos event thing?
>>
>>50698240
I wonder how fat that poster is/was (might have had a heart attack by now if too fat)
>>
>>50698372
I bet you think Bush plotted for 9/11 as well.
Idiot.
>>
>>50697229
yeah the dark eldar decking texture reused on there makes me hopeful
>>
>>50699281
have you seen how other companies handle that shit?
Do you just not have any comparison?

You do not treat the first time that customers have a chance to use the system as a full release. There is a reason why companies go through alpha and beta. While those might be closed, they will have customers and player involved, but Kirby was terrified of 'leaks'. Not understanding that 'leaks' means 'customers know what the fuck you are doing' which is a good thing.

You talk about how when asked GW reps would say that they planned to put in a point system eventually, but that shouldn't be a thing people have to ask reps off the record. It should be in the initial release information, or at last in an official and easily found announcement.

Everything about the tone of the official announcments was "This is finished and how we want it to be." Which really conflicted with the reality of what was seen, and left people very confused as to what the development would be.

When people asked for the full rule book they were told that the 4 pages was the full rule book. When we now see that wasn't going to be it, because the GHB is a thing. the 4 pages is what any other company would call their 'quick start rules'.
>>
>>50699430
GW literally gave us the starter ruleset and said "This is a living rulebook, we're going to ask people for help along the way"

Just because it didn't paint that in the fucking starter set right away doesn't mean you're not just a fucking moron.

Anyway, the only people who care about the worlds Alpha and Beta are vidya players and Warmachine spergs who cry at every change anyway.
>>
>>50699477
>living rulebook
meaningless phrase unless explained.
>only people who care about the words (sp) Alpha and Beta
except those are words whose meaning is well known and understood, and used by a lot of companies.
So a guy made a very bad 4th ed Dnd comparison.
Did you know they went through an alpha and beta process. 5th ed went through an even longer one, with many players involved.

First time anyone outside the company saw the AoS rules was at release. And while they said 'living rulebook', they didn't explain what they meant, but did say stuff like "this is the full rules" despite that not being true.

They not only didn't paint that in the starter set, they didn't have any sort of official announcement about there being a full rulebook for multiple types of play in the works ANYWHERE for months.

They didn't actually come out and say what the living rulebook meant in terms of updates and releases, until Kirby was no longer in charge.

Now, now they are good about that communication, but pretending like they were at the start is just and wilfully ignorant as the people who still think nothing has been done.
You don't admit that things changed for the better because you admit that they were bad at the start, they don't admit that a change happened.
>>
>>50699387

K bruv

Stay salty no one likes your 'my first Warhammer'
>>
>>50699347
Yeah but its a fucking distraction carnifex man, also one of the only model to have a 4++ in AoS.

Charge enemy monster
Half his army focus it instead of your gobbos
He cant do anything and you just eat a carnosaur
?¿?¿?¿?
profit
>>
>>50699645
No one did like the first warhammer. That's why Age of sigmar is selling way, way better than it
>>
>>50699741
I wasn't referring to original warhammer you pleb
>>
>>50699802
I knew you shitposters were dumb but jesus.
>>
>>50699645
I like it
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (23KB, 540x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
23KB, 540x332px
>>50699860
>completely misses point of post
>"no you're the retarded one"

Sigmar players truly are the worst
>>
>>50699925
fuck off warmaslav retard
>>
>>50699925
You were being insulted you mongoloid
>>
>>50699307
Not burnt out though. It waxes and wanes with the successes and failures of the Stormcast. If it disappears, so will Sigmar's God-power. He's really put all his eggs into the Stormcast basket. Of they fail, he fails totally (and Chaos wins again.)
>>
>>50699741
>>50699860
>>50699866
>>50699977
>>50700035

Well that was fun, thanks for the (you)s lads. Enjoy your days.
>>
>>50700215
>i was only pretending to be retarded

fuck off warmaslav retard
>>
>>50700215
So let me get this straight, you proceed to troll us, then get your ass kicked and and refuted on every point, shown how much of an idiot you are, then you act like all you were after were the (You)s?

Haha, whatever man. Enjoy your mental retardation.
>>
>>50700428
>refuted on every point.

Otherwise known as giving a shitposter ammunition. You guys are just as bad for falling for it.

ignore shitposters, it's not hard you bunch of autismos
>>
>50700215
What's hilarious here, is this guy likely genuinely believes he won. It reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/d696t3yALAY
>>
File: 1472863324712.png (237KB, 454x310px) Image search: [Google]
1472863324712.png
237KB, 454x310px
So I'm thinking of pickin up that Legion of Azghor army off of FW, and I'm wondering how this point/match play thing works. I'm looking through the Generals Handbook and seeing nothing about that faction, but they have rules on FW's website, so can someone explain to me? Would I not be able to do half of the shit in that book with them?
>>
>>50696830
well id say its definitely related to the creepy hand holding the staff and the ethereal faces in the pit ones.

So we have so far those, and an admech teaser, and a duardin one.
>>
>>50701751
Forge World has points for their stuff somewhere on their website.
>>
File: DSC_0032.jpg (218KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0032.jpg
218KB, 1600x1071px
How would you change the head of the famous 3 resin pieces FW giant ?
>>
Starting some faggotry, aka Golden Army - Slaanesh Slaves to darkness

Paint everything gold with silver outlining, purple cloaks on WoC and lots of chosen.

thoughts? too gay?
>>
>>50702122
>too gay?
Yes. Which is perfect.
>>
>>50702191
Perfect.
>>
>>50701876
Yeah but like, will I be able to do any of those scenarios or campaigns or match games in the General Handbook
>>
>>50702311
You can. The scenarios, battleplans and whatever else are supposed to be reasonably modular.
Plus, the fact that Forge World has Pitched Battle profiles - which outline unit restrictions, possible additional Battleline units, point costs etc. means that you can totally play matched games with them.

You're fine. Don't worry.
>>
>>50702382
Fuck yeah, also, I'm looking on the match play, and it says Blackshard Warhost, 80 points, does that mean out of the 1000 point range or am I retarded or something. Sorry for the questions, I'm new to this shit.
>>
>>50702399
Formations cost points in AoS and are paid for like any other unit.
>>
>>50702399
It means it costs 80 points on top of the point costs of the units that make it up.

This is to keep them from becoming as broken as Formations in 40k currently are.
>>
>>50702521
Thanks for the help. Now say one of these units gets killed, like ten of my chaos dwarves, does that mean my formation is now gone? Or does it last the entire game?
>>
>>50703346
It lasts the entire game. It counts because you brought when you set up your army.
>>
>>50703714
It works just like formations in 40k, the only difference is you have to pay to get the formation benefits, instead of it being free.
>>
>>50702122
> asking if something is too gay
Do you even Slaanesh bro
>>
File: 99120209038_IronjawzIronfist01.jpg (71KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120209038_IronjawzIronfist01.jpg
71KB, 600x620px
I grabbed this for myself for christmas as my first miniatures wargame army. Can't wait to start playing Age of Sigmar.

I hope I didn't pick a shitty faction; I just went with what I thought looked the best.
>>
>>50699729
Besides the 3 attacks though, it loses that juicy -3 rend WAY too quickly. Any dedicated shooty unit is ripping off enough wounds in a turn to drop it's bracket
>>
>>50704606
Starting with an army that looks the best is really the best way to start AoS. There are some imbalances in the matched play system, but it's nowhere near the absolute mental retardation that is 40k balance.

That being said, ironjaws are a very good faction.
>>
>>50699258
so I've heard some hate for my lizardmen minis before, but never actual comments about what is bad.
I've gotten actual advice, but those are all from people who didn't think they were terrible.
>>
>>50704737
if you matted it down and then applied some highlights it would look a lot better

almost all models look terrible when gloss coated
>>
File: IMG_20161105_162419575.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161105_162419575.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
>>50705162
Old pic with too intense light and before I added the rest of the highlights.
>>
>>50705362
>4.44 mb

kek sure will get many view
>>
File: IMG_20161105_162355883.jpg (2MB, 4190x2357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161105_162355883.jpg
2MB, 4190x2357px
>>50705362
And I forgot to highlight that ones shield. Weird.
>>
File: IMG_0409.gif (26KB, 200x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.gif
26KB, 200x239px
Threadly friendly reminder that Moonclan is in fact best grots

Gitmob need not apply
>>
>>50705362
still looks a little glossy

your brush control could be better, but that will improve with practice (highlights are uneven).

You didn't miss any major details. I would consider it tabletop acceptable.

In addition to neater highlights, there were more places that could have received attention, like the scales on the shields, and the designs on the dino collars.

You could also clean up some of the places where paint got onto areas where it shouldn't. On the dino that is in focus, his right hand has a bunch of gold on it, and some of the gold has teal on it.

Even professional painters make mistakes sometimes and have to neaten up, so don't sweat it. Just do remember to neaten up.
>>
>>50705418
thanks.
Like I said, I get good advice and critique, but their never from people who act like the whole thing is awful.

Brush control is continuing problem as my hands start shacking sometimes. Not bad, but it shows up for fine details. I do what I can, but edge highlights are trouble.

will get to doing touch ups while I'm waiting for new models.
>>
>>50705499
also given the colors you seem to be using, you might look into wet blending techniques, especially on the skin where you want a smooth transition. They are a little tricky thought and very time consuming.

alternatively, get an airbrush to lay down the base coat and do smooth highlights. It will change your painting game so much.
>>
>>50705414
Tell me about Moonclan Grots. They look interesting.

Are there any Moonman Grots?
>>
>>50705418
>still looks a little glossyyour brush control could be better, but that will improve with practice (highlights are uneven).You didn't miss any major details. I would consider it tabletop acceptable.In addition to neater highlights, there were more places that could have received attention, like the scales on the shields, and the designs on the dino collars.You could also clean up some of the places where paint got onto areas where it shouldn't. On the dino that is in focus, his right hand has a bunch of gold on it, and some of the gold has teal on it.Even professional painters make mistakes sometimes and have to neaten up, so don't sweat it. Just do remember to neaten up.

oh please... that >>50705394 looks amazing any whoever painted it should be very proud of him/her self. Anyone can be an armchair critic but the fact that anon got out of his/her own way and actually did that is praise worthy. Lets be real most people never even bother to do anything except spray paint their models, if even that.
>>
>>50705647
I wouldn't say it looks "amazing," but with some neatening up it could be fielded on the table with pride.

But that doesn't mean anon should not strive to better herself as a painter.

And "most people" depends on your local meta. A local AoS tournament a while ago had all but one army fully painted and based, and the guy with the gray treedudes seemed really embarrassed that he did not paint his army.
>>
>>50705612
No but one of the familiars in silver tower is close
>>
File: 20161215_011041.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161215_011041.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
Update on my TK stuff from earlier, if anyone cares!
>>
>>50705704
Kek, that bit was a joke, anon.

Though I am interested in them though, they're probably the only army I like right now. Khorne too.
>>
>>50705706
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>50704618
Only a real problem if you use little to no terrain on the board. the more terrain and the more powerfull it is given he can just go throught them.
>>
>>50705706
you wouldn't have posted that if you weren't fishing for some praise so lit me throw you a bone (ha ha get it?)

Looks amazing! Those bases in particular for the casket of souls is really a cut above.
>>
>>50705414
lets hope we have a battletome Moonclan with updated platic squigs and plastic warboss
>>
Best Chaos faction(s) to ally with Skaven?
>>
>>50705918
different flavors of skaven, or some nurgle units
>>
>>50705576
>wet blending
actually have done a little bit of that, but it is very time consuming as you said and I typically save it for my HQs or impressive models, not troops I need to make a bunch of.

Airbrush, I might learn at some point. I started with canvas painting, so I like brushes, also being able to mix paints instead of buying so many new ones.
And I'm happy accepting critique, as long as it's good critique.
>>
>>50705947
mixing paints is something people do all the time with an airbrush to make smooth transitions between colors.

Kenny Boucher on Next Level Painting has a lot of excellent airbrush tutorials, should you ever decide to take the plunge and get an airbrush.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTEkcHjqcl8
>>
Besides the battleline units, are there any bonuses to having the same allegiance keyword besides the "Grand' keyword?

For instance, what would be missing if I allied Seraphon w/ Stormcasts?
>>
>>50706099
Unless you're beastclaw, sylvaneth or bonesplitta, no
>>
>>50706133
Where do I find the allegiance abilities for those 3?
>>
>>50706143
in their battletomes

not all factions have battletomes, and not all battletomes have allegiance abilities

personally, I think it would be fun if they made allegiance abilities for every keyword. What abilities might "Mortal" or "Totem" have?
>>
>>50706099
>>50706099
having all the same alliance does open up new units as Battleline.
So for Seraphon, it adds Saurus Guards and Knights as options.

I do like the keywording feature, room for lots of interactions, and really easy to check.
>>
>>50706165
Those words already have rules that reference them.
Khorne bloodborn have units that check for Khorne Mortal, or Khorne Totem.
Seraphon check saurus, or skink, or skink hero.
Monster is used in a lot of things.

Allegiance abilities aren't the only place abilities might use keywords.
>>
File: IMG_0299.jpg (449KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0299.jpg
449KB, 1440x900px
>>50705612
They play effectively with a high model count so if you want a quality over quantity army look elsewhere. That being said, they can be well nasty in their own right. A mob of 40 spears wounds on a 2 instead of a 4. With nets, your foe takes one away from their hit rolls. With a boss giving them their unique ability they do double wounds on rolls of four or higher. In their one battalion they generate additional attacks on hit rolls of six. That is a low chance but still. Well nasty little fuckers.>>50705612
>>
>>50706213
The Chaos allegiance rules are not the only things that use the Chaos keyword. For example, the Lord Castellant has an ability that affects models with the Chaos keyword.

Similarly, Totem isn't unique to Khorne Bloodbound. The Knight-Vexillor also has the Totem keyword.

Keyword allegiances would be interesting because all kinds of armies in any grand alliance could in theory use them, and it would give more options for list building overall.
>>
File: IMG_0655.png (79KB, 120x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0655.png
79KB, 120x260px
>>50705897
I wish. It'd be a dream come true.
>>
>>50705414
spiderfang is objectively better

why cant i hold all these mortal wounds
>>
Quick question to my mathhammer bros out there:

Should I take the Starmaces for my Retributors or leave them with thier hammers. I know not to give the Prime a mace, but I was thinking that maybe the averages of two swings instead of 4d3 auto mortal wounds might be better. Since I'm totally math inept, I can't prove this hunch. HALP
>>
>>50706827
this has to be bait ?
how is 2 hypotetical wounds better than 4d3 death ?
>>
>>50705499
>The gold is overwashed which makes it seems like it's covered in Gunk instead of 'shaded'.
> Get a good look at what you're highlighting since you are not actually creating highlight, just painting ligther paint on some parts.
>Don't paint eyes if you are unsure, just leave them shaded
>Not too sure if the belly colour for the cold ones makes sense since it doesn't contrast properly with the gold.

Aside from hating the sculpt it's not unacceptable just quite rough around the edges but that will get better. To get get better results on your hightlights, thin your paints and try to do multiple lightly applied strokes. Don't try to get a highlight in one stroke, since it's easy to apply to much 'pressure' to the brush which will cause an excess of paint.
>>
>>50706887
Not bait. I meant 2 attacks per model with a chance to deal 2 mortal wounds automatically or a possible 2 damage otherwise.

Calm down there, Sperglord.
>>
Hi guyz.
I have a """Friendly""" tournament of gentlemen comming up (half are SC Extremis wankers, the rest play fluffy.)

What do you think of my list ?

Boneplitterz 2k :
Destruction allegiance with bellowing Tyrant.

Kunnin' Rukk 60
Big Boss 100
40 Arrowboyz 400
10 Chompa Orruk 100
10 Chompa Orruk 100
20 Stikka Orruk 200

Magma Dragon X2 1040

Total : 2000
>>
Unironic, non shit poseter here with one question.

Where do I start?
>>
>>50707112
Probably with the boxes called Start Collecting/The Starter Set
>>
>>50707112
get $100 out of your wallet, choose an army you like. read everything on 1d4chan while you paint.
Voila
>>
>>50707132
>>50707145
I've done a tonn of reading and I was always interested as I was younger. Want a new hobby even though I don't think there are any players near me or shops.

I like the warriors of chaos the best but can I buy old models? Because the only thing I see on the website is a 200 dollar archaon and a combo set and 15 dollar packs of khorne warriors

The comboset has those ugly sigmarine things so I really don't wanna except it comes with paints and tools since I own nothing I want to avoid noob traps. Thanks for any insight
>>
>>50707170
Slaves to Darkness is Chaos Warriors, just get that box
>>
Hi fellow AoS players! Bought some Sylvaneth models to go along with my old whfb wood elves and I'm going to have a 1k match at local game store soon. Haven't played AoS yet and is following army viable?

*Leaders*
Branchwych -General-
Spellweaver

*Units*
20x Dryads
3x Kurnoth hunters -Greatbows
10x Eternal Guard
20x Glade guard

Total: 940 pts

I'm not sure about having greatbows on Kurnoth hunters, scythes could be awesome too. Glade guards could be replaced as Glade riders.

Main idea is to put Kurnoth hunters in cover with Eternal guard screening them and shielding them. Dryads go up for the objectives with Branchwych. Spellweaver stays with Kurnoth hunters and Eternal guard. Mages are used mainly to mystic shield key units. I haven't found a spesific role Glade guards yet.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>50707248
>1000
meant to write 10000... BIG difference there

>I've been working on a short story to give some background to my general. Should I post what I've got so far or wait until I've got the full 1000 words or so I have planned?

you know on second thought... maybe I should go to sleep instead
>>
>>50707246
looks good. keep the greatbows on kurnoth since you can even use them in assault.
>>
So; Vulkite Berzerkers: slingshields or Two axes?
>>
>>50707073
Well your list isn't fluffy and is a bit power gamed as well.
Why the fuck would the literal monster hunter faction be trucking around with... 2 huge fucking monsters.
>>
Is the starter set a decent start if a friend and I are splitting it, or would we be better buying a start collecting box each?
>>
>>50704606
Ironjawz are slow and have fairly average leadership with no real ranged options... BUT they are well 'ard in combat, hard to kill anywhere else, and have a fucking scary charge range. They are a pretty balanced army that does have weaknesses but a lot of strengths to make up for them.
>>
>>50707600
Depends if you like the factions included. The Spire of Dawn is also a nice starter set. If you don't like the factions in those 2 kits, getting a start collecting box would be better.
>>
>>50707600
Spire of Dawn is, like, super-cheap by GW standards and contains a lot of very nice models.
The regular AoS starter is also good and still quite cheap.
Both have many minis that are more or less required for their respective armies.
>>
>>50707498
You'll want two units of them anyway, so grab picks and shields for the first one and dual axes for the second one.
>>
>>50707600
If you're going Bloodbound you'll definitely want a Bloodsecrator who currently only exists in the starter.
>>
>>50707600
Depends on what you're wanting to collect/do. The Start Collecting boxes are Battalions with special rules, so might be a good choice for those. You'll still want to get at least the General's Handbook though, which is quite cheap and lets you use points, faction allegiance abilities and relics etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 600x620px
>>50705731
This is your guy.
>>
File: moonman.jpg (23KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
23KB, 640x430px
>>50707806
I can only think of this guy whenever I see those.
>>
>>50698849
This post has my consent.
>>
>>50698590
That helmet is gonna be a bitch to sculpt
>>
>>50707498
I prefer the two axes. At 4+ to hit, rerolls are golden in piling on the wounds.
>>
>>50707840
Back to /pol/
>>
File: saturday.jpg (39KB, 498x246px) Image search: [Google]
saturday.jpg
39KB, 498x246px
Looking at playing this on the weekend, haven't got the starter set yet so im missing out on some heroes. Will I do fine?
>>
>>50709118
Pray you don't get "3 places of power"
>>
Still waiting for the fix for the new Swifthawk Battallion.
>>
>>50709653
Hope it's good enough to fix 200-pt spireguard.
>>
>>50707600
if you like the factions in the starter sets you should definitely get it cos its cheap and you divide the price with your friend.

if you really want to start another army then you should get their respective start collecting box
>>
>>50707246
kurnoth are much better at taking hits than eternal guard

give them scythes and watch them wreck shit in combat phase
>>
2 questions

>what weapon for kurnoth hunters?

>any good stuff in white dwarf magazines for sylvaneth lore/crunch?
>>
>>50709941
Scythes are almost always better than Swords. Rend-2 is huge in this game since there is a lot of stuff that ignores Rend-1 entirely. The 2" reach helps you keep stuff in range when you choose to only pile in 1", or when you run them in a squad of 6+.

Bows are lackluster, but situationally useful. A wizard casting Arcane Bolt does as much damage as a group of 3 Bow Kurnoths. If you want to run them with Bows it is because you want to bring 6+ or stack it on top of a dedicated Arcane Bolt wizard to focus fire key targets.
>>
>>50709917
How come? Eternal guard has 5+ save roll which goes up to 2+ with rerolls of 1-2. Can't think how kurnoth hunters could take hits better.
Should I use eternal guard to shield glade guard?
>>
OK I'm gonna start with the Slaves to darkness. What's your guys' suggestion on paint/tools? Do I buy all this hella priced shit? This paint set is more than the fucking figures

Or is there somewhere else I should get this shit?
>>
>>50709983
Eternal Guard are 5+ save
If you don't move you get +1 to your save (4+)
With cover you get a 3+ save
With Mystic Shield you get a 2+ save
In cover you can reroll 1s and 2s

Kurnoth Hunters are 4+ save
With cover you get 3+ save
With MS you get 2+ save
If you only move 1" in charge phase you get to reroll all saves

Kurnoths have a slightly better save (rerolling all vs rerolling 1/2) but are more resilient against mortal wounds, can be healed with spells like Regrowth (single wound models can't be healed, they just die), and can be ressurected through specific battalions abilities.

Kurnoths are also much more mobile. Eternal Guard can't move at all or they lose their +1 hit/wound/save buff, which limits your options as a general.
>>
>>50710007
>What's your guys' suggestion on paint/tools?
You don't need much stuff for them.

A couple of brushes, some primer, some varnish, and the paint.

There is some entry cost, but once you get those you'll be able to paint an entire army and more.
>>
File: Malekith.jpg (227KB, 1140x1532px) Image search: [Google]
Malekith.jpg
227KB, 1140x1532px
>>50710031
>Eternal Guard are 5+ saveIf you don't move you get +1 to your save (4+)With cover you get a 3+ saveWith Mystic Shield you get a 2+ saveIn cover you can reroll 1s and 2sKurnoth Hunters are 4+ saveWith cover you get 3+ saveWith MS you get 2+ saveIf you only move 1" in charge phase you get to reroll all savesKurnoths have a slightly better save (rerolling all vs rerolling 1/2) but are more resilient against mortal wounds, can be healed with spells like Regrowth (single wound models can't be healed, they just die), and can be ressurected through specific battalions abilities.Kurnoths are also much more mobile. Eternal Guard can't move at all or they lose their +1 hit/wound/save buff, which limits your options as a general.

20+ dreadspears who didn't move that turn hit on 2+ without needing any other conditions or support. Also dreadspears have a 5+ save rerolling 1s and 2s in the combat phase.

20+ darkshards with >3 inches of distance between them and the nearest enemy put out more damage every round on average in the shooting phase than any other elf infantry.

Dark elves master race.
>>
>>50710007
I would say you start with the simple beginners kit from GW that includes basic colors and a brush
>>
>>50710110
Not moving is a huge deal. That means you can't even pile in, so you are giving your opponent total control over how the battle happens. If he hits your flank just right then you only get a couple of attacks.

Relying on having a block of 20+ is difficult because any kind of shooting or light mortal wound hit will knock their bonuses off. A 5+ save that doesn't ignore Rend-1 is really bad.

Even if the enemy is dumb enough to charge directly into the middle of your mob, that's still only 1 attack per model at 2+/4+, which is 0.42 wounds per model. Not great!
>>
File: 293px-DEW.jpg (54KB, 293x551px) Image search: [Google]
293px-DEW.jpg
54KB, 293x551px
>>50710178
>Not moving is a huge deal. That means you can't even pile in, so you are giving your opponent total control over how the battle happens

my mistake I should have clarified that they can pile in and still get the 2+ to hit. the restriction is that they cant have moved in the preceding movement phase. So they can also charge and still be hitting on 2+ with their 2inch weapon range on their tiny bases they get to fight in 3 ranks.
>>
>>50709707
I hope that when they fix the battallion that they also change the 200- pt Spireguard. Seems like a mistake to me.
>>
>>50707510
He can just say they are orruks from the realm of fire who's big boss, Gorkan Ramsey, find the meat horribly untasty/cimder tasting. However given there usefullness he tamed 2 dragons because their special magma fire is ideal to cook the meats.
he his now looking for all the meats (human, elves, dwarf).

You can basically justify everything with the AoS fluff.
>>
>>50710294
>200- pt Spireguard

that is horribly overcosted
one unit of 10 darkshards is 100 points
one unit of 10 dreaspears is 80 points
that will give you 20 wounds with better damage mitigation and magnitudes better damage potential than the spiregaurd.
>>
>>50710364
Seaguard were 120.
>>
File: DE_shield03_s.jpg (51KB, 309x626px) Image search: [Google]
DE_shield03_s.jpg
51KB, 309x626px
>>50710432

seaguard at 120 points were still worse than darkshards.

from memory:

seaguard 120 for 10:
1 cc attack each 4+, 4+, rend -, 1 damage
1 range attack each 4+. 4+ rend -, 1 damage
they put out .04167 damage per point

darkshards 100 for 10:
1 cc attack each 5+, 5+, rend -, 1 damage
2 ranged attacks each, 5+, 4+, rend -, damage 1
they put out .1111 damage per point

literally an order of magnitude more damage output for darkshards over the old seaguard. the math for the new spire guards is absolutely abysmal.

If I can do this analysis with my calculator in 30 seconds then I really question the competency of the current balance team over at GW for age of sigmar.
>>
File: 1481580709818.png (280KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481580709818.png
280KB, 450x375px
>>50710110
>Dark elves master race
>still loose 23.34 elf in the hero phase, another 23.34 in the shooting phase to 40 simple and common Orruk arrowboys because their "master race" Xbow are outranged by savage orks """technology"""
>>
do you guys actually pay 100 pounds to get 2 boxes of wyldwood? or do you craft it yourself like me?
>>
File: Morathi-art.jpg (28KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
Morathi-art.jpg
28KB, 500x361px
>>50710683
>still loose 23.34 elf in the hero phase, another 23.34 in the shooting phase to 40 simple and common Orruk arrowboys because their "master race" Xbow are outranged by savage orks """technology"""

yeah that is true. They are criminally underpriced for the damage per point they put out and even more criminally underpriced if you add the math for a units ability to soak damage.

I really question the competency of the GW balance team. I am no genius and I can prove in 5 minutes with my calculator that their are serious problems with the games balance. I am left to merely speculate as to the cause of their incompetence.
>>
>>50710740

They don't care
>>
>>50710730
what do you mean ? wildwood ranger ? They are like £15 at most flgs, even without sale
>>
File: 54834.jpg (35KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
54834.jpg
35KB, 500x363px
>>50710683
>Orruk arrowboys
for anyone who cares to see the numbers.
this assumes a unit of 20+ with the ability to shoot in the command phase

arrowboyz 100 for 10:
1 cc attack each 4+, 5+, rend -, 1 damage
6 ranged attacks each, 5+, 4+, rend -, damage 1
they put out .2333 damage per point

that's double the darkshards at .1111 and more than 5X the seaguard.

If you were do consider the fact that arrow boyz have two wounds then that math gets even more skewed in their favor.
>>
File: 800 X 800.png (992KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
800 X 800.png
992KB, 800x800px
So as a starter I've put together a cart of shit I think beginner should have, input appreciated.

Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness
Citadel Essentials (Clippers, starter brush, some paints)
Brush Collection
Mouldline remover
Chaos Black spray
And some varying paints that match the chaos theme (browns,bronze,blacks,some red. Varying types like shade, layer, etc)

Is there any units I should pick up that are good for their price? There are some Warriors of Chaos for like 10 bucks set of 3. Should I pick up 1 or 2 of those for practice painting?

Or even get 2 "Start Collecting" sets and mix em together
>>
>>50705886
It's not like it can ever get cover, it's a monster. They just have to be able to see a little bit of it, and it's a big model.
>>
>>50710951
The start collecting gives you 12 warriors, but units are of 10 men.
So you already get 2 extra dudes you can train with.

Start with one Start Collecting; since you are a beginner, it will keep you occupied for a while. Take it a slow as you need and follow the tutorials.
>>
>>50711023
thanks m8 appreciate
>>
>>50710788
sylvaneth forest
>>
File: 12.jpg (351KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
351KB, 1920x1200px
guys,
I'm new to this.
I'm an artsy guy and know my way around paint and all that.
what's up wit hthe citadel stuff , is it really good or just marketing ?

what should I buy to start painting.
a buddy who's trying to get me into this said the primer is really good and I should get the citadel one.
what do you guys use ?
>>
>>50711345
Citadel is simply the Games Workshop brand of miniatures paint, you probably won't want to use 'normal' paints for miniatures of any kind since paints you would use on a canvas or other 2d mediums aren't designed for detailed mini's. You could try it I suppose, though I've never heard of anyone actually preferring regular paints over miniatures/model paints.

Other brands of paints you may want to take a look at are Vallejo model colour, Vallejo Game Colour and P3 as universally well received. Though a games workshop store will only stock citadel brand.

As far as primer is concerned I do find that the Citadel primer quite good for a spray can, though many people like the P3 primer and the army painter primer, and quite a few people use automotive primers, though I personally don't use them so I can't really help you out in that regard and wouldn't be able to tell you a brand that would work. I use an airbrush to prime my models using Vallejo Air brand primer.
>>
Does anyone in this world plays in Hobbit?
>>
File: 20161215_133736.jpg (1023KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161215_133736.jpg
1023KB, 2560x1536px
>>50707973
Don't i know it. I'll probably simplify the hell out of it.

Here have a progress pic.
>>
>>50711545

thanks for that great input.
I'll take a look at the brands
>>
>>50702029
I wouldn't change it. I reminds me of Ron Perlman. I guess a beard wouldn't hurt?
>>
>>50711918
Every brand has some things they do great at, so don't restrict yourself to just one brand.

P3 has vibrant blues and greens, but ultra thick paints.
Vallejo Game has a lot of pigment rich colors. Certain Vallejo Metallica are excellent while others are so-so.
GW's washes and technical paints are top notch, they have fantastic yellows, and really solid metallic paints.
Secret weapon has some very nice colors, but only a handful.
Reaper paints are competent rather than excellent.
Army painter has never impressed me, but they aren't bad either. They are the cheap option.
>>
>>50710740
They need to get rid of the old orc models and Ironjawz having no ranged options is as good a reason as any to buy a few packs of them.
>>
>>50712431
Not this guy, but note everyone's brushes are different, too. I personally am not big on GW's range (but their newer stuff has helped over their godawful older stuff). Army Painter's brushes are actually good and cheap.
>>
>>50710890
>Arrow Boyz have two wounds
No they don't.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161215-131107.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161215-131107.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>50712892
Look again
>>
So, any of you guys have any funny, cool or epic stories about battles you have had?
>>
Lads. I can't remember. What did you say was the best loadout for Skinks? Range (any) + Club? I have loads. Most of them equipped with Shields already. I don't really want to make them non-uniform, but the shields are shite.
>>
>>50712923
Is there a distinction to be made between regular arrow boys and savage arrow boys?

The other guy might have been talking about the regular.
>>
File: hory-shet-spongebob.jpg (50KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
hory-shet-spongebob.jpg
50KB, 480x371px
>>50713017
>be playing friend
>play together a lot, memorize each others armies
>KBB vs. My skaven
>down to 1 warlord, 10 clanrats and a BSB
>against his bloodstoker, juggerlord, warshrine, 8 chaos knights and valkia the bloody
>game is damn well over but I'm determined to carve up as many menstruating fetishists as I can
>warlord buffs clanrats, charge valkia
>fails every save, she's dead
>mfw
>knights fail 3 inch charge, juggerlord and warshrine fight warlord
>warlord snakes by with 1 wound
>win initiative
>buff clanrats, stab warlord
>clan rats charge knights, make it
>9 wounds with fucking clanrats
>2 knights die

This went on for two more rounds of combat, eventually I was wiped out but the rats managed to kill 5 total knights. I have since glued valkias shield to the clae leaders base, to forever remind the hordes of his deeds
>>
>>50712864
I've heard really good things about GW's "artificer" brushes. Rumor is they are actually made by Windsor newton, a company known for high quality brushes (their brushes usually cost MORE than GWs, but they are the real deal. They use actual butt hairs and stuff)
>>
>>50712923
Are Arrowboys a contender for the title of 'most OP unit in the game'?
>>
File: IMAG1110.jpg (189KB, 1243x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1110.jpg
189KB, 1243x418px
>>50713017
Recently I practiced my LVO duardin/stormcast eternal list against my brother, who brough destruction (gutbusters+greenskins+rogue idol). We played escalation in the GHB.

It had to be closest game I've ever had in AoS, and I have had a lot of close games. It was one of those games that came down to a single die roll at the end of the game. It was not a big pileup in the middle, as I have few of those lately because scenario rules and objectives help with that. There was a lot of movement on the table, and the reserves rules of the scenario makes things interesting. We waited until the very last turn to bring in our warlords because we found units were more important than heroes with how to contest the objectives. It was good fun.

The GHB scenarios and pitched battle rules really make this game. I enjoyed it enough before, but now all the games I've had since the GHB have been so much better.
>>
File: please respond.jpg (52KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
please respond.jpg
52KB, 331x331px
>>50713206
>>
>>50713318
They are not OP by themselves. They become OP with the right buffing from alegiances and battalions, and when you take a shit-ton of them.

So it depends on what you define as OP

Kroak on a Vortex, now that's some OP bullshit right there. To me OP is something that is stupidly good without any support. The arrowboys are ok without support, but kroak on vortext could be taken in pretty much any order list you want without any detriments.
>>
>>50710007
GW paints/supplies are decent quality but also expensive, so get them if you're cool with that. I'm sure there are other cheaper paint options out there, but I buy GW's citadel paints anyway, mostly for convenience.
I get brushes from a hobby/art store since they're much cheaper. If you're just starting painting, you don't need expensive brushes.

Glue and xacto and clippers should be purchased from Walmart, the GW stuff isn't any better to deserve the price.

Good luck anon!
>>
File: DarkElves_9782.jpg (55KB, 350x380px) Image search: [Google]
DarkElves_9782.jpg
55KB, 350x380px
>>50713253
>The other guy might have been talking about the regular

I is other guy. I was talking about the savage arrow boys like in this picture >>50712923 when I did these maths here>>50710890

also for fun you might be asking: "well geez how many points would these three units, Arrow boys, Darkshards, and seaguard be per unit to normalize them with respect to their damage output potentials?"

Don't worry I have youre answer right here:
Savage Orc Arrow Boyz should be 210 for 10
Darkshards should stay 100 for 10
Sea Guard should be 45 points for 10

"But what about their other non offensive stats?" I can hear you asking.

Yes, yes that would change things too but that's is just extra layers on the maths and it just takes a little more time. Time I am not willing to commit because I won't balance this game for GW and no one wants my contributions anyways cause people don't like to believe that they might not win and lose 100% due to luck and or player skill.
>>
>>50713401
Blowpipes, they have twice the range.

Clubs or shields don't particularly matter much, but considering they should just be cowering in cover on or by objectives plinking people from far away, ignoring -1 rend isn't horrible to have.
>>
>>50713500
Lame. I still have loads of Javs from WHFB days because having S6 Javs was fucking amazing.

Also I've lost 40 Saurus Guard torsos.
>>
>>50713476
You're not the same anon with the huge chart of math about points unbalance was booty blasted when he got called out for ignoring other stats and synergies are you?
>>
File: Chaos_siegrfield.jpg (28KB, 480x353px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_siegrfield.jpg
28KB, 480x353px
Golden gay boy master race is better.
>>
>>50713318
>Are Arrowboys a contender for the title of 'most OP unit in the game'?

yes, yes they are. Anyone who has seriously looked into these things will tell you unequivocally that they are right up there at the top competing for most over preforming for their points unit in the game.
>>
>>50710890
its 4+ to hit bexause someone bringing arrowboyz x40 ALWAYS take bellowing tyrant on his hero
>>
>>50713561
>ignoring other stats

yep. the lengths people went to in attempting to deny reality were absurd. Things like, "but you didn't account for the difference between a leadership 7 and leadership 6 difference between these two units" when the two units were orders of magnitude apart with respect to their efficiency when considering all offensive and defensive stats was so brain numbingly painful to deal with that I gave up on the project.
>>
>mfw my Lizardmen army is nowhere near complete
>mfw all my old units are now unusable
>mfw my 18 Horde unit of Kroxigor cannot be run now
>mfw I still don't have the Bastildon, Troglodon, Ripperdactyls and Carnosaurs I want

Why should I care, anyway? GW has made Seraphon utterly shit. Kroak is 250 points over costed. He and Ripperdactyls main ability is useless in matched play.

Sigh.
>>
>>50713592
>its 4+ to hit bexause someone bringing arrowboyz x40 ALWAYS take bellowing tyrant on his hero

yep and you can probably do the math to figure out what kind of damage out per point that would make those arrow boys... And the Tyrant is no slouch for the points he costs either, he pulls his own weight too in addition to the buff he provides.
>>
File: da_ork_life_by_oevrlord-d5e1wp3.jpg (150KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
da_ork_life_by_oevrlord-d5e1wp3.jpg
150KB, 894x894px
>>50713318
no.. Stonehorn exists, the other ice version that deal flat 6 mortalwound on 18 exist, gore gruntas exists, mawcrusha exist, Magma dragon exist, Binegrinder giant that OneHit Hero exist...

Damn destruction feels like chaos felt for 30 years. i welcome the change
>>
>>50705706
Looks good so far, i'm assembling my Glottkin atm but I haven't taken any pictures.
>>
>>50713659
I'd say kroak is exactly where he needs to be
>>
>>50713659
>GW has made Seraphon utterly shit.
Except they haven't. Sorry you don't get a free army every turn anymore, but seraphon still have their strengths, even without the absolutely ridiculous summoning
>>
>>50713659
>seraphon are shit

If by that you mean "best army in the game" then yeah
>>
File: 1445860261638.jpg (92KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1445860261638.jpg
92KB, 500x345px
>>50713539
I still use javelins, because they look better. Skinks that aren't heroes, chameleons, or on warmachines are pretty inconsequential so what you actually give them kind of doesn't matter.

>my saurus all have spears because I dug the phalanx look in WHFB
>spears are fucking awful compared to hand weapons in basically every edition ever, including AoS
>>
On an alternate note, what are peoples favorite army mixes? Right now i'm mixing various Daemon and Mortal chaos units to my liking, Nurgle mix has been my favorite thus far though.
>>
>>50713780
He's like 500 points and he's out right the worst 'big' hero. Beetle Queen, Spooky Skeleton Man, New Grimgor, Sanguinius WHFB edition and Archaon are all better than him. Some are more expensive but MUCH better. Sanguinius WHFB edition is literally 300 points and would curbstomp Kroak.

Kroak is 500 points, Lv.4 Mage who can't even cast his unique spell more than once per turn.

>>50713808
I'm not even including the summoning bullshit. Yeah, I get it, it's Deepstrike Fantasy edition, but it's not as good as Undead summoning.

>>50713817
[Citation Needed]. They're probably the best 'all rounders', but they're certainly not the best. Destruction hands down destroys them.
>>
>>50713828
I have 40 with Spears because I ran them as a Horde in WHFB. The other 100 or so I have are Hand Weapons.

The worst offender is Knights. They weren't great in WHFB, but at least they were 'heavy knights'. Now they're neither powerful in combat nor resilient. I've gone with Spears (funny they call them Lances in the unit list, but only have 1" range, I should call GW on that, every other Lance is 2"+) because they look cool. I have like 60 Saurus Knights.

I guess I'll do half and half Blowpipes and Javelins. I need to find a place to buy square bases. I want to get Bastildons and Troglodons, but with square bases.
>>
>>50713841
Nurgle is Love.
Nurgle is life.
I'm adding more unit as I go, atm having roughly 2000 points. Plague monks with glottkin are absoluetely ridicolous at destroying everything. monks with 2 wounds and +1 attacks? it's glorious.
>>
>>50713841
Nurgle and pestilens

Dispossessed and stormcast Eternals, plus some ironweld arsenal thrown in for good measure
>>
>>50713866
Kroak + Vortex is the premier competitive list and there are almost no counters to it. It will get nerfed.

Destruction has a lot of good armies but Seraphon - when played properly - are top tier even without Kroak.

Seraphon have access to some of the best defense (2nd only to Sylvaneth) above average offensive units, some of the best movement, and exceptional casting. They do it all, and they have the tools to beat any army.

They will only get better once they release proper Allegiance bonuses for old armies.

>but it's not as good as Undead summoning.
What? Seraphon are strictly better at summoning. Literally everything can be summoned into play while Undead can only summon a handful of units.
>>
>>50713900
I've been doing the cliche 4 attacks 4/5 wounds blightkings, for maximum trollness though 20+ man plaguebeaerer units can be cancer, 5+5+, 2 wounds a piece +1 attack annoying as hell to shoot at and more annoying to hit in melee makes them cancer.
>>
>>50713925
>Kroak + Vortex

not him, but i'm new to AoS, hat is this?
>>
>>50713956
Kroak is one of the best wizards in the game and the Balewind Vortex scenery doubles the range of his signature spell that deals D3 mortal wounds to every enemy unit around him, which makes it cover nearly the whole table.

He is also immune to melee damage while on the Vortex and he cannot be killed through conventional shooting attacks because he has a 2+ rerollable save.

It is a broken combo.
>>
>>50713929
Plaguebearers only have 1 wound. While I agree they are a phenomenal tank unit, 5++ on a 1 wound body is needs mystic shield or cover to be really effective. Also the bastardy are expensive
>>
>>50713991
2+ save? How so? Terrain + Mystic Shield?

Also, might as well put down a Astrolith Bearer, get +8" and +1 to cast/dispel.
>>
>>50713929
+1 wound to blightkings is nice, but it buffs their wounds only by 1/3. Give the extra wound to a 20x unit of plaguebearer, and enjoy your 200 pts unit tarping in place enemy's hard hitters, while blightkings + festus anal rape everything else.
I also play a properly converted Slaughterpriest . that shit is so good at luring enemies away from objectives into nurgle's troops. It heals one of the biggest flaw of any Nurgle unit-slow movement.
i never see him played because competitive players are all about min/maxing offensive potential, and he screws their plan so hard its almost laughable.
Too bad it only has a 50/50 chance of working...
>>50713956
Balewind vortex. free cast for your mage on a 7+ if I remember correctly, your mage starts flying onto it and it cant be charged or attacked by melee. It also buffs casting range. It can trigger a lot of nasty comboes.
Pic related, its the only pic I have of him atm(not at home now)
>>50714022
You forgot regular save. They have 5+, 5++, -1 to hit if at least 20. they can block any unit for multiple turns. they have an enormous tactical value, they are one of the best battlelines atm imho.
>>
>>50714041
Yes MS and cover. Rerollable save comes from a nearby Slann or Skink Priest.

The Kroak + Vortex combo usually uses at least 1 Astrolith Bearer, sometimes more
>>
>>50714022
Glottkin has their spell that gives all models in a unit +1 wound for the turn, 5+5++ 2wounds a piece 2 attacks each if they got the glottkin command on them and their cloud of flies ability makes them obnoxious to deal with.
>>
>>50714066
And then you use the D3 to snipe important shit? I still don't think D3 MW is a constant enough thing. Sure you'll get one or two across. But playing, say, Nagash + that buffing unit, you'll never EVER get your cast through. Nagash will dispel everything.

Been so long since I looked through these books, but I'm pretty sure that isn't as good as you make it out to be. If it was D6 wounds, sure. I mean, Drake Templars have a HERO ACTION which does the same fucking shit as Kroak.
>>
>>50714065
Oh I agree, I run a pack of 30 in my Skaven army and the bastardy regularly lock down ogre tyrants, ironguts and even a durthu once.

But I feel they need the support of a wizard to be excellent, chaos sorcerer lord is my personal favorite. I also suck at rolling the FnP save
>>
I was posting earlier about a beginner set. And before I finish I'm also looking at the Seraphon. So guide me friends. I FUCKING LOVE the chaos armor and shields. But the lizard men look so full of character and that big dinosaur looks way cooler than the chariot.

I read the Collecting!" Slaves to Darkness is more of a supplement into any of the other factions than an outta the box standalone. Yet Seraphon don't seem too strong?

Help an impressionable noobie
>>
File: fuckong op.png (549KB, 986x1001px) Image search: [Google]
fuckong op.png
549KB, 986x1001px
>people talking about most OP unit
>they forget about me

LAUGHING_DEATH_FACTION.jpg

JUST TRY AND HIT ME JUST TRY AND HIT ME. I'M STILL DANCING I'M STILL DANCING AND I'M LIKE BOOM HEADSHOT.
>>
Can someone explain battlelines to me? What does it mean exactly
>>
>>50714204
How do you even kill that shit.
>>
>>50714161
I usually run festus, because his spell does wonders against anything armored. Blightkings with rend are a scary sight indeed.
Im adding a great Unclean one now to my nurgle alliance
>>50714203
>I read the Collecting!" Slaves to Darkness is more of a supplement into any of the other factions than an outta the box standalone. Yet Seraphon don't seem too strong?
Seraphon are REALLY strong. You have to work a lot around sinergies.
And the slaves to darkness is a great starting point-that is, a starting point. Taken alone its pretty bland, but with some addictional units it can get pretty nice. Most of its models in it are pretty old, so it really needs some conversion and green stuff to really shine. I personally LOVE the chariot, it has so many possibilities.
>>50714218
In tournament play, they are the required units aka tax units you must have to play a game.
for example, a 1k points game requires at least 2 mandatory battlelines.
Some models may become battlelines if you have the right allegiance.
>>
>>50714263
You don't. You throw a cheap unit at it and keep it busy for the rest of the game. he doesnt hit very hard so its kinda an easy task.
>>
>>50714263
The best I could come up with is about 10 Dwarf Flame Cannons. Even then it's difficult.

>>50714282
It does a potential 16 wounds a turn. It'll eat through most things.
>>
>>50698195
>under the assumption that it was a panic implementation.

Taking in consideration that the GHB is one of the best quality book from GW since years that would be one hell of a panic implementation.
>>
>>50714263
You don't. You flip the table, smash the fucking thing in the ground and leave the store.
As it is now, its the most overpowered unit in the game.
typical forge World bullshit. Hope in GH2 they double its fucking points.
Thnkfully in my area no one has it, but i saw some reports online and its just wrong.
>>
>>50714130
D3 mortal wounds to D3 units with Comet's Call (D6 units if you cast on a 10+) on a global range

D3 to 1 unit from Arcane Bolt with a 52" range

D3 to every unit ~38-54" from Celestial Deliverance

You spend the first turn killing artillery crew (or anything that could pose a significant threat in the shooting phase) and lesser health heroes that are there for buffs, and putting wounds on the enemy frontline.

Then you win the 2nd turn roll because you can reroll both your dice and your opponents dice, and you finish those heroes off while doing more damage to the enemy front line. If you played around 1st turn charge (Tomb Kings, Slaneesh) and deep strike (Stormcast, Skaven) armies then at this point you almost certainly just won the game.

>>50714204
Mournghoul isnt overpowered by any means. It is good, but relatively easy to counter.
Bastiladon is arguably better.
>>
>>50714282
It can fly though, doesn't that mean it can just go straight over any distraction troops?
>>
>>50714204
wow you think this is op ? 40 arrowboyz can kill it in a turn.
Same with anything from battletome Extremis
>>
>>50714267
>so it really needs some conversion and green stuff to really shine
What do you mean by this? I'm a complete miniature virgin. This will be my first ploy into the hobby. Seraphon might be the way for me to go then
>>
>>50714479
I just meant they really shine when you start adding bits and pieces and sculpting stuff on them. Chaos are my fav miniatures to modify. I wouldn't even know where to begin with the seraphon while the chaos models...well, they're chaotic, so any shit is fine on them.
My suggestion would be to take the models you like the most both aesthetically and fluffwise.
Any army in Aos has a lot of potential and any unit can be viable with the right dose of strategy and sinergy.
>>
>mfw WAACfags play Seraphon cause they're good
>mfw I played them because I liked dinosaurs and their old Ancient Alien fluff
>mfw they're now Grey Knights
>mfw their lasers, force fields and shit don't exist
>mfw the plan I had to build a giant Temple City is ruined because they don't even have a 'home' any more

How exactly are they going to add new units to Seraphon? The Slann suddenly remember they used to have X and Y? We all know the Slann can summon whatever they want and it stays put as if it's 'real', but it still makes me sad I can't build shit for them.
>>
>>50714547
Build a home anyways. Say they landed their ship in bumfuck nowhere and made a jungle for themselves because fuck you they're space dinosaurs.
>>
>>50714518
Really shine as in like Aesthetically? Or is there an actual combat/modification for gameplay? I'm so very new. Wish I had jumped on like 6 years ago when I chose TCG instead. I love both.

Also I watched a video on "how to play warhammer 8th ed" Which was super simple and they used like trays to move their units. Does AoS focus more on individual stands and units instead of platoons and shit?
>>
>>50714570
Josh Reynolds said Kroak ripped up loads of Lustria and sent it off into space. So I'm assuming that happens.

The problem is, nobody is ever going to attack it. They're floating islands that are impossible to get too. Only that Chaos Nurgle guy with the tentacle arm can do it and that's cause he has a spaceship.

Also, pissed off the Seraphon didn't help during the All Points war. They didn't do shit. You'd think they'd have gone "welp, shit is hitting the fan, best help out". They can send millions of troops down en masse to help and they didn't.
>>
>>50714547
>The Slann suddenly remember they used to have X and Y?

If 40k teached something is that adding new units while saying that they have been there all along is a perfectly viable strategy.
>>
>>50714652
>teached
Goddammit I mean taught. I hate your fucking verbs, English.
>>
>>50714598
>Really shine as in like Aesthetically
Aesthetically. Regular chaos warriors and knights are pretty old and they were made for rank n file, so they look IMHO pretty boring unless you meddle with them.
>>50714598
>ow to play warhammer 8th ed" Which was super simple
>8th ed
>super simple
What the fuck did you watch mate?
As much as I loved warhammer fantasy 8th ed was a mess with a thousand rules to remember just in order to play.
Aos focus more of smaller warbands. they are no more ranked, and while models are still organized in units they now just require to stay in cohesion of 1" by members of the same unit, while having complete freedom of movement(aka 360" movement and vision).
>>
Want to use 40k models in AoS? Well heres rules for them

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wN-6BdRhC5UThhU255VE9WMzA
>>
>>50714634
>They're floating islands
Right, but they don't have to be floating. Those things can land, crash, or be placed elsewhere in the realms. A semi-intact temple city coming to rest would be somewhat self-sufficient. Or at least as self-sufficient as they'd be in the old world, slowly creating a magical jungle barrier around itself.

>Also, pissed off the Seraphon didn't help during the All Points war.
I don't expect they'll play a huge part in much of anything. They'd be stealing the golden boy's thunder, since they do the exact same job but are dinosaurs instead of dudes.
>>
File: stormcast female.png (1MB, 1000x1396px) Image search: [Google]
stormcast female.png
1MB, 1000x1396px
>>50714764
>dudes
>>
>>50714789
dudes are unisex

There are dudes, elves, dwarves, orcs, lizards, rats, daemons, skellingtons and faggot goblin shits.
>>
>>50714691
>What the fuck did you watch mate?
It was literally the basic concept of melee combat without special rules and shit. basically movment and how wounds/saves work.
>>
File: IMG_1038.jpg (101KB, 1024x763px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1038.jpg
101KB, 1024x763px
Chaos Dwarves are based off of Babylon/Assyria correct? They look old fashioned middle eastern before they became lame Arabs
>>
>>50714954
WHFB 8th edition has more pages dedicated to how movement works than AoS as in its entirety.
>>
What relics and command abilites do you choose for your hero(s)? Or do you roll for them?
>>
>>50715016
Again to reiterate it was the most bare bones shit ever. But I see. how does the general book build on the rules?
>>
>>50714707
Cool but a lot of the modifications to the basic rules seem unnecessary.

Half speed through terrain makes people less willing to enter terrain, unless they plan to have the unit spend the entire game there. Why was this change made?

Mortal wounds removed? Why?

Still getting save bonus while charging takes away the advantage of holding a defensive position against a charge.

Teleport is hella OP.

Heroes joining units will need more rules explaining how that works (do they attack at the same time in the combat phase? how do attacks against them work? does the hero transfer its bravery to the unit?). Is the rule necessary? I can see the desire to give heroes extra protection since Age of 40k will be a lot shootier than Age of Sigmar, but there might be some easier way of doing that. "You can't shoot at a hero unless it is the closest enemy unit" for example.
>>
>>50715165
>Half speed through terrain makes people less willing to enter terrain, unless they plan to have the unit spend the entire game there. Why was this change made?

To many units are based around the fact that they have move through cover to not have that rule move forward from 40k.

>Mortal wounds removed? Why?

Difficulty in assigning point cost.

>Still getting save bonus while charging takes away the advantage of holding a defensive position against a charge.

I don't understand this one

>Teleport is hella OP.

Seems reasonbly in line with the others. It can't really get them out of assault range.

>Heroes joining units will need more rules explaining how that works (do they attack at the same time in the combat phase? how do attacks against them work? does the hero transfer its bravery to the unit?). Is the rule necessary? I can see the desire to give heroes extra protection since Age of 40k will be a lot shootier than Age of Sigmar, but there might be some easier way of doing that. "You can't shoot at a hero unless it is the closest enemy unit" for example.

Yes, the defender decides who's taking the wound before the save is rolled, yes. For most of the HQ's and such to remain viable yes it is nescassary to allow them to join squads.
>>
>>50708933
>racism doesn't belong in my autistic hobby about rape, murder and deamons

The hobby is a diverse place that should welcome everyone.
>>
>>50714547
I have completely ignored all new fluff fo lizards. Mine are basically kld world lizards with more tech, im thinking of a conversion for my slann thats some kind of spinning alien device or something.

Im hoping we see something interesting for lizards soon, im sick of the boring temple guard models. Hoping we see starbloods or something thats like the brutes release with some big saurus and a big boss. Luckily GW seems to be happy with the lizardmen aesthetic so we might not see any change.
>>
Can I have a Moonclan Grot army that is entirely made of Squigs, and bag-piping squig herders?

I don't have anything, just looking at the models on the site and noticed that you can actually see the rules for free, but no points costs though? Assuming those are in the General's Handbook?
>>
Should I prime my seraphon with white to make them brighter? Or still just go with black/grey?
>>
>To many units are based around the fact that they have move through cover to not have that rule move forward from 40k.
But the game, Age of Sigmar, is balanced around the fact that you can move into terrain without movement penalty. You're going to create more problems than you're solving with that change. For instance, it will be harder to get cover save bonuses; with lower movement it's harder to get every model of a unit into a piece of terrain.

>Difficulty in assigning point cost.
Assigning points is hard, getting them balanced is extremely hard and will take a lot of playtesting to get them near balanced. Your first draft of points costs will always be unbalanced. You should not be sacrificing important rules over it.

>I don't understand this one
If you are in cover and get charged, you get a bonus to your save but the chargers don't. This means holding cover gives you an advantage over anyone who tries to charge you. But if the chargers get a save bonus too, then the defender doesn't have an advantage anymore. What was the reason for this change?

>Seems reasonbly in line with the others. It can't really get them out of assault range.
It can get assault units INTO assault range. Across any obstacle or unit. That's why it's OP. The Stormcast banner guy is one of the most powerful units in Age of Sigmar because he can do ONE teleport per battle.
>>
>>50715281
>>50715558
>>
File: 63455.png (327KB, 464x492px) Image search: [Google]
63455.png
327KB, 464x492px
>>50714634
>The problem is, nobody is ever going to attack it.

>Implying glorious Clan Pestilens isn't working on giant catapults to send massed Plague monks into space to finish the job right this second

TAKE-REMOVE LIZARD-THING
>>
>>50715579
clan plebulens ain't shit, that's why they (and clan x-files) were the distractions while the skyre blew up the moon
>>
>>50715601
>Claw-picked by the Great Horned Rat to do his bidding
>ain't shit

Lizards got chased out of one world and it's gonna happen all over again.
>>
>>50715558
I didn't make it explicit, but it only affects normal movement not run or charges. Also terrain has always been a bigger deal in 40k than fantasy.

I don't like things that straight up deny saves. The calculation I used to calculate point costs was fairly complex, adding another variable for a mechanic I dislike was not going to happen.

Where did I change this rule?

With shooting into combat and the ability to walk out of combat and shoot them and how much shooting there is compared to melee in 40k to fantasy I'm fine with it.
>>
>>50715730
>Where did I change this rule?
Cover, page 2, right before the psychic powers section.
>>
>>50715690
even the other skaven think pestilen is scrub tier
>>
Do squigs come in different colors?
>>
>>50715800
Oh right, no cover save bonus for anyone in cc
>>
>playing 40k with aos rules
>better change all the AoS rules to be more like 40k!
>wow guy aos is terrible look how imbalanced and complicated it is when I add all these houserules
>>
>>50715850
Ah, I misunderstood it. But still, why make the change? It still takes away the tactical advantage of cover against charges.
>>
>>50715920
Against charges but not shooting. After some more playing if melee is op I'll revert it.
>>
>>50715996
Sure but why did you change it in the first place?
>>
File: 1481316819547.jpg (52KB, 230x202px) Image search: [Google]
1481316819547.jpg
52KB, 230x202px
>>50715579
>>
>>50716025
Shit, replied to wrong post. The Horned rat is gonna blow my add up isn't he?
>>
>>50707510
All hunters in all history used beast to hunt beasts
>>
>>50715836
Squigs come in a variety of colors. You want a pastel pink squig, you fucking go for it my dude
>>
>>50716024
Trying to give melee a buff, and it doesn't make a ton of sense. A to hit penalty maybe, but not a save bonus.
>>
File: Skpurdo.jpg (147KB, 902x648px) Image search: [Google]
Skpurdo.jpg
147KB, 902x648px
>>50716025
>>50716045
Prepare to be culturally enriched
>>
File: warlock engineer.jpg (110KB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
warlock engineer.jpg
110KB, 1280x915px
>>50716025
>Pestilens shitting on itself

O I am laffin.
>>
>>50716025
>Skaven fucking up yet again

Typical
>>
>>50715558
man just STFU its shit.

Its like i want to use my x wing miniatures in 40k and i give 40k unit fucking predetermined template to move.

just stfu and stop arguing your shitgame. it wont be a thing. ever.
40k itself is the biggest pay2win clusterfuck of all wargames.
so go buy a pair of £2500 titan and gtfo
>>
>>50716099
Oh, cool! I was just wondering, since I've only ever seen the red squigs on GW's website and in what little art I've seen of them.

Is there anywhere you can link me to for squig lore? I didn't put ranks in Knowldege: Squig Lore, for some stupid reason.
>>
File: burns coffee.jpg (19KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
burns coffee.jpg
19KB, 510x383px
>>50714547
>play seraphon because dinosaurs are awesome
>happens to be one of the best armies in the game
>mfw
>>
File: excess.png (85KB, 848x707px) Image search: [Google]
excess.png
85KB, 848x707px
>>50716164
Remove rat
>>
>>50716319
In the Old army books they make no mention of their skin color. I remember seeing the old squig models painted in various color
>>
>>50716278
Okay dude I just did it for fun because all the rumours say 8th is going to be like AoS to see how close I get. Just like I did point calculations for AoS before the generals handbook came out.
>>
File: NewHeroPic.png (333KB, 495x478px) Image search: [Google]
NewHeroPic.png
333KB, 495x478px
is playing pure Skyre list too evil?
>>
>>50716322
its GW apology for your shitsculpted knight and base saurus
>>
>>50716448
Only if you go storm fiends battle line. But acolytes battle line requires mountains of $$$. Unless you convert some.
>>
>>50715428
No and yes. You can have a leader on giant squig, but basic battleline is only grots. Fill battleline reqs though, and all the rest can be hoppers, manglers and cave squigs. Make friends with FW and you can get a squig gobba and gigantic squig too.
>>
>>50716626
>basic battleline is only grots
Sadness.

Can I take Squig Herders as battleline?

Just noticed the General's Handbook in the OP, unfortunately Mega says it's too big to download on mobile.
>>
>>50716661
Sadly no, but you can always convert them to wield mini-squigs on stikks instead of spears?
>>
>>50716661
I like to think of battleline requirements as guidelines, not rules
>>
Fuck i just realized have i been cheating

When a battalion is made up of other battalions, do you pay for each and then the combi-battalion, or just the combi-batallion?
>>
File: 20161215_172629.jpg (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
20161215_172629.jpg
3MB, 2000x2000px
So, local blackshirt gave me a Stormcast dude to fuck around with, and I think I arrived at a good colour scheme. Picture is WIP, obviously.

You could just run a couple of stormcast squads alongside a Bretonnian army, right? They're the same Grand Alliance and everything.
>>
>>50717350
You pay for all of them
>>
>>50717350
you pay for all battalions within, and the super-battalion itself. Remember, bringing a battalion grants you an additional relic for a hero. So if you have, say, a battalion with 3 battalions inside, that is a total of 5 relics you can pop on your heroes

1 for standard
3 for the battalions
1 for the battalion battalion
>>
File: 1481262516742.jpg (38KB, 480x291px) Image search: [Google]
1481262516742.jpg
38KB, 480x291px
>want to play WHFB but dead because AoS
>want to get into AoS then
>Everyone shits on it and Noone near me plays anything other than 40K
>40K is really Uninteresting to me

It hurts...
>>
>>50717452
>>50717461
Well i cheated then, thanks.

That said...fuck, they do not seem worth it at all. I'm looking at the pestilens one, it's 220 just to form it.

Relics be damned.
>>
>>50717498
where do you live ?
>>
>>50717854
Are you also in the WHFB general? Toledo Ohio
>>
>>50707253
now that I am less asleep, is anyone interested in about 1100 words of shitty AoS fanfiction?
>>
>>50718298
only if its one of the 2 non edgy allegiance.
so gib me the fanfic
>>
>>50717994
no im approximately 12 000km from you tho.
so can't help woth finding you a game
>>
>>50718845
this thread is at the bump limit

I'll post next thread
>>
>>50715281
>Difficulty in assigning point cost.

no offense but that is actually not hard to fold into calculations for points costs. Care to explain how you're coming up with your points costs?
>>
>>50715558
>will take a lot of playtesting
IMHO it just takes better more comprehensive mathematical modeling (a thing they have not tried but is used in almost every competitive computer game, games that are way more complex than age of sigmar).
>>
New thread:
>>50719225
>>50719225
>>50719225
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.