[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kdg/ Kingdom Death General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 30

File: Percival.png (960KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Percival.png
960KB, 996x600px
Old Thread: >>50653258

Kingdom Death is a game.

>which pledge do I get?
Read the kickstarter.
>how is shipping handled?
Read the kickstarter.
>what new expansions are there?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is this Percival best girl?
Read the kickstarter.
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
Read the kickstarter.

Kickstarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
Adams comments: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
Pledge and addon overview: http://vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>>
>>50668845
/kdg/ /kdm/ /kdmg/
>>
Gambler's Chest Contents (so far)
>Advanced Rulebook
>1 Survivor (TK Fang) [1xMiniature]
>1 Survivor (Aya) [1xMiniature, +2 Promo cards, +1 Art card]
>1 Survivor (JoJo Adam) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Last Man Standing) [1xMiniature, +1 Mighty Axe Rare Gear ]
>1 Survivor (Scout of Death) [1xMiniature, +Pages to Advanced Rulebook, + "A bunch of cards"]
>1 Survivor (Murderer) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Settlement Event, +1 Secret Fighting Art, +2 Gear Cards]
>1 Survivor (Bow Master) [1xMiniature, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Deadrock Fighter) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art]
>1 Survivor (Romantic Adventurer) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Screaming Hoarder) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Disorder, +1 Hunt Event]
>1 Survivor (Darkeye) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Fighting Art]
>1 Survivor (Cockroach Queen) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Disorder, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Beast Hunter) [1xMiniature, 1xArmour Set Card, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Zanbato) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Philosophy]

=
1xAdvanced Rulebook (Includes Philosophy of Death)
14xMiniatures
2xPromo Gear Cards
4xRare Gear Cards
2xGear Cards
1xArt Card
1xSecret Fighting Art
3xFighting Arts
1xAdvanced Fighting Art
5xPhilosophy Cards
1xSettlement Event
2xAdvanced Disorders
1xHunt Event
1xArmour Set Card

>to be continued
>>
Lantern and sexy mosquito lady or Gold Lantern?
>>
>>50668845
Is percival the "black knight pinup"?
>>
File: 93ebc0b146be7a50e9dabf87edaaabc4.jpg (230KB, 736x1050px) Image search: [Google]
93ebc0b146be7a50e9dabf87edaaabc4.jpg
230KB, 736x1050px
Guys, I found a leak for the Oblivion Mosquito pinup.
>>
To the anon asking about the nightmare ram node, I'm an idiot and was thinking of the screaming god. Ram is probably T2, T3 at most.
>>
>>50669184
No, the Black Knight is Percival's dog who developed an obsession for her after she died and is now killing anyone who approaches him who isn't Percival as he waits in the spot she told him to wait for her at
>>
File: pic3030910.jpg (6MB, 3432x3120px) Image search: [Google]
pic3030910.jpg
6MB, 3432x3120px
>Lonely Tree explanation

There's a lot of confusion about this expansion and how it works. Let me try to explain it as accurately as I can.

The fundamental confusion comes from the fact that there's actually two parts of the expansion -- there's the Lonely Tree the terrain piece and then there's the Lonely Tree the showdown / fight.

The terrain piece can show up in any showdown during a campaign just by drawing its card from the terrain deck. Additionally, there is a hunt event which can happen once per campaign and is basically guaranteed to happen at some point which adds the terrain piece to the upcoming fight. During the fight with the terrain piece present there will be a number of fruit on the ground equal to the monster level. The monster will try to eat this fruit on its turns. If it does, it heals, and if it can't heal (full health) it gains a damage token. You can try to move the fruit around to prevent this. At the end of the fight with the terrain piece if any fruit remains on the ground then you get a strange resource called Lonely Fruit.

From here you can use the Lonely Fruit resource to sacrifice a survivor (your choice, choose the old fart with three crippling disorders) in order to trigger a special showdown with a fully grown Lonely Tree. This does not consume a year as it is a special showdown. At the end, if you beat it, you'll get some random basic resources and one fruit (depending on level tree you fought) which a survivor can consume to gain a permanent ability.

So that's the Lonely Tree. It's a fight which you might be able to face once per campaign -- but only if you can keep the monster in the terrain piece battle from eating all of the fruit -- and which gives you some fairly mediocre but not nonexistant rewards. It's not a bad expansion, honestly, it's just a bad value. At an MSRP of $75 it's way too expensive for what gameplay it adds; that tree figure is huge and costly and is what carries the entirety of its weight.
>>
>>50669199
I'll take 10.
>>
>>50669246
Lonely muse is my waifu
>>
>>50669246
So what you're saying is at $35 it might be worth it.
>>
>>50669223
Where are you getting that from? It wasn't on Black Knight or Female Squire's fluff?
>>
>>50669302
Check Percival's on the website:

>Percival is a member of a small order called the Black Knights. The Black Knights were founded by a militaristic settlement that hoped to conqueror the darkness and provide a safe haven for humanity. A great crusade called the Black Knights into action and Percival left her home never to be seen again.
>Before leaving, she commanded her loyal companion, a young puppy, to wait for her safe return. He still waits to this day.
>>
>>50669292
>So what you're saying is at $35 it might be worth it.
Sure, probably. I haven't played it so I can't really vouch for it, honestly. The people who have fought it say it is a very interesting and unique showdown.

At $35 it probably is worth it, sure. But it's still less worth it than literally every other expansion on the table. So I honestly wouldn't get it unless you're getting everything, at which point you grab Ancient Gold Lantern and it and the Lion God are basically free due to the bundle savings.
>>
Anyone else love spidy fluff?

>hey bro, I'm back
>except I'm not, not the way you were thinking

That's one twisted pider
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>50669329
>>
>>50669105
Gold Lantern if you like narrative sculpts. Lantern + expansions if you want moar gameplay (Though right now Dragon King and Frogdog would probably be the best, rather than mosquito lady).

The GC will absolutely be worth the cost and seems to have some good gameplay but it does skew towards pretty plastic > Crunch.
>>
>>50669480
The GC is mostly nonsexual pinups. And that really is not a bad thing. These sculpts look drop dead gorgeous and trend towards commonly used builds as well.

I wanna see a Lantern Armor + double Skullcap Hammer narrative sculpt. I've never seen anyone successfully complete that set but it looks so absurdly OP if you do.
>>
>>50669389
;_;
>>
>>50669539
>I've never seen anyone successfully complete that set but it looks so absurdly OP if you do.

I failed to clear that on my People of the Lantern campaign, but managed on People of the Stars. 8 armor to every location (10+ with a Shield Master in settlement) is sweet. Ignoring a survivor's Overwhelming Darkness roll is even sweeter. The linkups are kind of annoying since you usually don't want Deaf but NEED to get that breastplate linked. The club damage is hilarious.

IME it's obviously the most defensive set, and the offensive power isn't shabby either, but Phoenix gives you some more tactical options while Leather is infinity easier to make.

Start farming iron early.
>>
>Oblivion Mosquito is Node 2.
Damnit Poots. I wanted an all insect campaign with Spidicules, Oblivion Mosquito and an unrevealed Node 1 monster.
>>
Please post more young survivor

pics, lewds, greentext, fics

anything
>>
>>50669631
What was your strategy for getting enough iron to pull it off? Just bring pickaxes on every character to every hunt?
>>
File: How_About_No.jpg (52KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
How_About_No.jpg
52KB, 500x299px
>>50669689
>young survivor
>lewds
>>
>>50669689
Young survivor is not for lewd, she is pure and only can be given encouraging headpats.
>>
>>50669706
>>50669746
Fucking Teleiophiles
>>
>playing a campaign trying to get the Green Knight Armor
>fight level 3 lion knight
>manage to win
>cheers all around the table
>get the sweet loot
>trigger Finale event
>one of the players starts crying
POOTS WHAT THE FUCK. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS OKAY?
>>
I'm curious how well those who own / have played the game think this would work out:

At the end of each session the group nominates a survivor who doesn't have an up to date mini to get a new mini. Over the week / two weeks between sessions I then build (as accurately as I can) that survivor and paint them up.

How long do you think I could keep that trend up? Will I have issues running out of duplicate weapons / armor pieces?
>>
>>50669329
>>50669389
>>50669805
So I guess that's the theme of this thread huh? We just gonna cry?
>>
some of the very smart people commenting on the kickstarter are concerned that the mosquito abdomen may be dick-looking. I didn't see it before, but now I hope it can swallow survivors with it's not-urethra, like the phoenix butthole
>>
I need to start painting my minis, but I don't want to butcher these things. Life is hard.
>>
File: Cu0BHNyUIAADcrx.jpg (216KB, 961x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cu0BHNyUIAADcrx.jpg
216KB, 961x1200px
>>50669882
>concerned
>dick-looking
>this game

Like really? This is the one that gets them concerned? The giant brain bug? The multiple gaping assholes, dick-headed god and all the balls were fine?
>>
>>50669882
It's pretty much guaranteed.

Being inserted into orifices is a big theme in KD.
>>
how come a well, outhouse, and stockade aren't part of innovations? If these are people starting from nothing in civilization, I'd think they would invent these before heart flutes and record keeping
>>
File: 7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg (44KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg
44KB, 600x325px
>>50669849
Someone needs to make a KD edit of this.
>>
>>50669698
Good luck to start leather early, like just after Tyrant 1 (Butcher for core), at least one pick (preferably more) every hunt. Placing Mineral gathering after Overwhelming is also super-lucrative, potentially. Even then it took to late teens But worth the gear grid slots. So worth it.
>>
>>50669965
>well
how?
>outhouse
they poop in the mouths of the faces
>stockade
the lantern hoard protects the survivors well enough
>>
>>50669925
I don't think many have seen monsters beyond the kickstarter. Someone should post the sunstalker, forge god, and wetnurse there
>>
>>50669329
Fair enough. Forgot to check hers.
>>
>>50670005
The sunstalker isn't sexual unless you have an attention to detail that these people prove time again not to
>>
I'm curious, would the backers here say they bought KDM because it looked like a really interesting game that had some neat models, or because It was a bunch of really good models that came with a neat game? Would you buy the game (appropriately priced) if one or the other were scaled back and made cheaper?

I feel like as someone who backed primarily for the models, I'm in the minority. If KDM was just a Boss Rush game with a simpler gear & combat design I'd still buy it.

All the posts last thread saying Gambler Chest is low for gameplay value got me thinking that. It's a totally reasonable opinion to have, I just find the 14 models you get (as of right now; there probably a good few more) make the $100 worth it as is. the rules, gear, philosophies, etc are just icing on the cake.
>>
>>50670003
the hunt table has multiple references to water sources, and a river.
Your response to the outhouse and stockade, however, is quite reasonable and I accept that logic.
Even taking a dump in KD is now a weird, voyeuristic, scat thing. Male survivors probably use monster grease and face fuck the stone faces when they can't roll for intimacy.
>>
File: Sunstalker_03.jpg (350KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Sunstalker_03.jpg
350KB, 1200x1600px
>>50670040
The Sunstalker is literally a giant broccoli penis though.
>>
>>50670040
The back of its head is penis glans, and it has its floppy long dick in front. Should be good for outraging some
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>50669925
>>concerned
>>dick-looking
>>this game
Alright, we officially need edit of this one image with Gorm on Sunstalker in the background.
>>
>>50670048
I backed the 2012 kickstarter probably 65% for the models and 35% of the game. I was pleasantly surprised that the game was... well, fun.
>>
>>50670005
Lion God, Mr observant.
>>
>>50670048
I would buy a scaled-back cheaper KDM in a heartbeat
>>
File: uguu.jpg (507KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
uguu.jpg
507KB, 1200x1600px
>>50670072
>>
>>50669915

Get cheap minis to practice on. Reaper Bones, D&D Icons of the Realm, and Kings of War are ideal places to get started. Or buy from chinaman.
>>
>>50669915
>>50670163
I can second Bones. They're like 3 bucks a pop at your FLGS. Pick out a couple and give it a shot. You'll get into the flow of it before long.
>>
>>50670137
>>50670072
I never realized just how much a dick glans this is..

but the real question is, whose is it?

Did poots subtly slide in a mould of his raging erection in his game?
>>
>>50670137
Sunstalker confirmed for Woboffet
>>
>>50670064
What I meant is that I dont see how they could put a well through stone with their limited tech. Even tent hovels are as good as their housing gets. I guess I could see it as an innovation.
>>
>>50669246
Important to note is that if you hear it, you get another lonely fruit, so you can fight it multiple times. If you really want to. It looks like a crazy fight.
>>
>>50670321
Are you sure about that? I only see you getting another if you lose the showdown. Or is it from a hit location crit or something?

Looking at the scan of the book now, the rewards are random basic resources equal to the number of nightmare fruit still on the board plus a special fruit based on what level you fought.
>>
>>50669655
Mosquito says you can fight it year one if you're brave enough, just have it replace lion. Poots won't get upset, I promise.
>>
>>50669849
Here's some more tears-
http://www.wbbjtv.com/2016/12/12/terminally-ill-5-year-old-boy-dies-santas-arms-east-tenn-hospital/
>>
That Mosquito armor looks WICKED SICK-ICK-Ick-ick!
>>
File: I tried.png (419KB, 950x493px) Image search: [Google]
I tried.png
419KB, 950x493px
>>50669977

Hopefully someone else can do better
>>
>>50670802
Hahaahahhaha
That's gold. Good work man.

I laughed. A lot.
>>
>>50670802
Good enough to get the job done.

Nice work!
>>
>>50670072
Broccoli?
>>
>>50670633
Sounds like a good settlement event. A white speaker mysteriously enters the settlement and visits each survivor with a permanent injury. Roll, and on a '1' one survivor, nuzzled against her warm bosom, decides this is as good a way to die as anyone is ever going to get and passes away happy. Set departing survivors' survival to '0'.
>>
>>50671135
Actually it looks like a big rupturing cum spurt birthing hands.
>>
>>50670072
what are the two red marks? gills? gills that look like STDs?
>>
>>50671396
You don't have those? I'm so sorry anon. They feel fucking great man.
>>
>>50670261
Which expansions come with innovations? Can the dragon and sunstalker starting locations like the spawn pool be used in the base game?
>>
>>50671419
damn, i'm circumcised... happy merchants strike again
>>
File: FuturamaNov17.jpg (31KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
FuturamaNov17.jpg
31KB, 352x240px
>>50669389
Did I do good?
>>
>>50671354
I don't think that was a "happy ending" anon.
"Santa, can you help me?"
<dies>
>>
>>50671454
ms paint/10
>>
File: Expansion Innovations.png (2MB, 1027x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Expansion Innovations.png
2MB, 1027x1026px
>>50671425
Pic related are the only expansion innovations which key into the core innovation tree via the consequences mechanism. All of the rest of the innovations require specific events or triggers to get added to the game. You can't use the Dragon / Sunstalker Lantern Hoard replacements outside of their campaigns.

Round Stone Training comes with the Dung Beetle Knight.
Shadow Dancing comes from the Sunstalker.
Choreia comes from Spidicules.
Settlement Watch & War Room come from the Dragon King.
Petal Spiral comes from the Flower Knight.

Most of them are pretty solid. The only one I don't like is Choreia and that's mostly because it's too high risk. Harvestman is an awesome fighting art, but 70% chance of spending two endeavors to do nothing? Yeah nah.
>>
>>50671568
>Settlement Watch & War Room come from the Dragon King.
Manhunter.

Choreia is OK if you're Protect the Young/Collective Toil/Graves so Survivors are expendable and endeavors are cheap. But that's kind of specific and the damn spider likes to punish those sorts of choices (Protect the Young at least)
>>
File: Expansion FAs.png (3MB, 1901x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Expansion FAs.png
3MB, 1901x1025px
>>50671568
For context, here are the FAs and disorders mentioned on those cards so you can judge their strengths on their own merits.
>>
>>50671528
He did the honorable thing, denying his programming. He walked into extinction, one last midnight, opting out of a raw deal.
>>
>>50671690
Yep, you're right, my bad. Got the icons mixed up.
>>
>>50671568
While it's not part of the innovation tree, the Gorm Alchemy system is a pretty big deal for innovations. Should probably post that as well.
>>
>>50671568
Wow, Settlement Watch and War Room are great. Shame they aren't in the core set, or at least a more interesting expansion than hat noose guy.
>>
File: IMG_0812.jpg (21KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.jpg
21KB, 600x581px
>no second roll
WHAT THE FUCK POOTS? THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING! I AM CANCELING MY PLEDGE. INB4 POOTS BALL-LICKING DEFENSE FORCE DEFENDS THIS BULLSHIT AND CALLS IT MARKETTING GENIUS AGAIN
>>
>>50671864
>Being this butthurt about GC Rolls
>>
>>50671864
Did he say two rolls?
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15374267#comment-15374266
I've been staring at this comment dumbfounded for the past hour...
Poots is joking right? This is a joke?
>>
>>50671864
>>50671905
Poots seems to be responding right now. Someone who has pledged just ask. He did mention it in a previous post.
>>
>>50671864
You got two rolls. They were a 5 and a 5. Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>50671920
Poots isn't much of an anime guy, no.
>>
File: Dragon Slayer.png (427KB, 565x565px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Slayer.png
427KB, 565x565px
Why would anyone make this shit? It's only ("only") got three strength over the Zanbato but it's still fucking frail and it costs 3 iron to replace instead of the one cat bone + 2 hides. Just seems like a shit deal.
>>
>>50671989
Im gonna call bullshit on that considering theres a Kamina figure.
>>
>>50672143

Because I want to be Guts, duh.
>>
>>50672143
*1d30+3 Strength over Zanbato.
>>
>>50672236
Whoops I meant 1d10+3
>>
>>50672236
Yeah I see that now. It got lost in all those keywords. Makes more sense now.

I still hate that it's frail though. I can accept that a bone sword would be, but this thing's made out of iron for fuck's sakes.
>>
>>50672173
Whoosh.

>>50672143
Because of Sharp, and you run frail removal on it, same as Zanbato.
>>
>>50672143
3 Iron means you can hunt whatever to get its resources back, rather than relying on Lions (and while relying less on the RNGod)

1d10+3 strength over Zanbato thanks to sharp, which is significant for very late game showdowns.

Don't need to link affinities to get Devastating, which gives you more freedom with your gear grid.

It's not a great upgrade, but it's an upgrade. I think Sharp is what really pushes it up, Str 6 on the Zanbato starts to struggle, at least for 'training' survivors, by the endgame.
>>
>>50672252
Maybe the handle keeps breaking off because it's too heavy.
>>
>>50672337
and too rough?
>>
>>50672401
this guy gets it
>>
>>50672401
It could barely even be called a sword.
>>
>>50672143
Because you further upgrade it into the perfect slayer.
>>
>>50670802
No that's pretty good
>>
Is anyone getting one of the super expensive KS levels and want to sell their 1.5 or original core set?
>>
>>50673133
Why wouldn't you just get one for 200?
>>
Has it been revealed why humanity is merely there to be cultivated and killed by watchers? Is that explained somewhere?
>>
>>50673133
Some of the super-expensive levels do not include a complete game, just an update for core to 1.5, such as Gamblers Lantern.

Also you would legit have to pay me $700 before shipping for my copy of KDM, since I have all my cards sleeved as well as a customized card tray that allows for far more content stored than the default, as well as fixing the crumple issue the default had. This doesn't even include my small collection of expansions or the carrying cases for the models.

I'm not actually offering it for sale.

No one will sell you their game for cheaper than the kickstarter price tag, as you're paying to get to play it sooner than in 6 months when the 1.5 games ship out. If you REALLY cannot wait to play it, spend a small amount for Tabletop Simulator and download a KDM mod.
>>
>>50673308
Literally for shits and giggles on the part of the scribe. Also it might be literally hell.
>>
>3 weeks
>order still unfulfilled
>send email to support
>This item has been export to our distributor and the are in the process of packing/shipping the items. As soon as they do you will receive a tracking email.
>order still unfulfilled
What the fuck is this bullshit
>>
So what do you think about goat mosquito?
>>
>>50673735
Sounds like you aren't in the US.
>>
>>50673845
I buy the expansion from the auswarehouse
>>
I'm a little confused. So if you add on 15 dollar pledge for a pinup how does it know what 15 dollar pinup you meant? Since there is a few
>>
>>50674005

After the campaign has completed, there will be a pledge manager where you choose what you want as add ons. You basically budget $15 for it in your pledge as credit, and then they ask "how do you want to spend this $15?"
>>
>>50673875
3 weeks sounds about right for a cargo container to get from newyork to dingoburg.

Items in KD store are generally located initially in the newyork HQ location and then shipped out by cargo bote to the four distributors. Assy-rail-ya is the furthest away.

You're likely to get in within two weeks.
>>
>>50674033
Right on, thanks. Never pledged to anything before
>>
>>50674035
But the order status till unfulfilled meaning Poots didn't send anything yet
>>
Jesus fucking christ, what's with the KD fans on the KS and facebook being retarded? Making lists or asking for things they hope for even if they've more or less been confirmed they won't happen. Tons of people repeatedly saying they want Holy Lands stuff and people saying they want Forsakers. Obsessed enough about the game to post constant shit on facebook but apparently too fucking lazy to not learn anything.
>>
>>50669199
I imagine that'll be pretty close Anon, good find.
>>
>>50669329
interesting, that would explain the odd jointing on the Black Knight's model. It's a bipedal hound.
>>
>>50670048
I backed the 2012 KS maybe 80% for the miniatures, and 20% for the game. The game turned out awesome, which was an incredibly pleasant surprise.
Backing this one probably 50% of each, as more game is great and more cool models is also great.
>>
>>50670132
The thing is, purely from a production cost perspective the plastic models are only a tiny percentage of the cost of that box.
If you leave out the cost of the molds, you're looking maybe at $5 worth of plastic sprues in that box (yes, sprues are pennies each to make), that nearly 15 pounds of paper is the expensive part.

That gigantic mass of high quality paper and grey core cardboard printed in full colour is what's really driving up the cost here.
>>
WHERE IS THAT THICC KD ASS?

So many posts, so few thicc chicks.

Shame on you, /tg/
>>
>>50671920
That is indeed a joke. He's been dropping Dragonball references almost constantly on this kickstarter (just look at some of the earlier updates).
>>
>>50674532
This thread is for Pure Percival and Purest Young Survivor only.

Kingdom Death is a pure game of hand holding and love in the missionary position for the sole purpose of increasing the population count.
>>
The new expansion looks incredible and came out of nowhere. Love the idea of encounters and stuff. Jeez, I hate this game for fitting the hole in my heart WHQ left me with.
>>
Am I the only one who was caught offguard between the difference between Fades art and her model? She is way farther along in pregnancy in the model and that kind of killed the model for me.
>>
>>50669882
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15374267#comment-15374266

New Futa waifu best waifu.
>>
>>50674256
>i'm totally new to the game but i been in love obsessed with it etc XD
Fuck facebook
>>
>>50674757
Puju survivor when.
>>
>>50672252

Cat Eye Circlet my friend
>>
Is there a way for survivors to learn/use magic in Kingdom Death?
>>
File: 1454935667319.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1454935667319.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>>50669882
>sitting at a table with 3 friends
>someone gets eaten by a giant penis or anus

Not funny. Not comfortable.
>>
>>50675828
Saviours are the closest thing, perhaps People of the Stars as well with Constellations, but that's mostly in the form of self-enhancement.
And Saviours burn bright and short as a result.

Certainly no magic in the traditional Fantasy sense.

If more extensive rules for playing White Speakers ever get added then you might see Blood Magic though.
>>
>>50675828
Very very very mildly and not in the way you want. It's old school Roman Epic style magic, not DnD spellslinging. Saviors are one way to do it, as the saviors are VERY MUCH the Mages of the game, with rapid aging instead of squishiness.
>>
>>50675848

Wrong, sir. Very funny.
>>
>>50669929
>Being inserted into orifices
Doesn't really happen apart from Phoenix (and arguably Antelope) so far though, does it?
>>
You know what guys, I am not a huge fan of the new moth expansion.

As weird as that might seem to say about such a strange looking creature, I feel that it's a quite generic design in context of the KD tropes.
The overall appearance doesn't looks organic, it really represents what many critics accuse KD:M often (and which I normally disagree with): Take a nature derrived monster design and slap some hands and genitals on it, tadaa.

Well, it's still WIP, maybe we will see some refinement here. The idea of little critters appearing randomly seems interesting though and is something I wished for before.
>>
>>50674571
I knew my eyes weren't playing tricks on me!
Her art is 9/10 and then her model had the tummy which made me hesitate.

Her art piece is currently my phone background though, so I'm sure my penis can deal with the fact she has a baby in hand AND in womb.
>>
>>50670048
I'm in 95% for the models, I'll probably scalp the game and all the gameplay shit after playing a bit to see what all the fuss is about
>>
How the hell do you go about fighting the Lion God? My copy just showed up, and looking through the AI and HL decks, I'm drawing a lot of blanks on the strategy to make it through the fight without getting slaughtered.

Bleed effects everywhere, shit thrown from all over the map, massive damage, and chaining his attacks all seems really, really rough. To say nothing of his HL reactions and effects.
>>
>>50676421
>new moth expansions
>moth
Man I fucking wish
>>
>>50676840
I've unsuccessfully fought LVL2 LG once. I believe the proper way would be to utilize ranged weapons and do everything you can to stay out of his LOS to avoid Relentless. This is not a hunt you should do before year 20 in my opinion.

Also, remember that you can get some sweet ass rewards by spelunking even if you do have to run away.
>>
>>50676840
There's a reason he becomes available after LY13, he's bloody hard, and is in fact meant to be.
>>
>>50676840
The correct way to use the Lion God (especially with the campaign extension in 1.5) is to just replace the Watcher with him and have him be a final boss.

In fact I'm fairly sure he is gonna be erratad to a Node 5 monster.
>>
THE POOTS HAS AWOKEN
>>
As much as I like the idea of the frogdog, and love the screaming god, oblivion mosquito, and all the other massive models that make for excellent display pieces when not in use, I sort of wish more expansions were 50mm based enemies.

Far easier to find room for those (although some of them are still a pain to safely store - I'm looking at you, Slenderman).

>>50677241
>In fact I'm fairly sure he is gonna be erratad to a Node 5 monster.
That would require quite a bit of reworking for the gear and events tied to it. Considering it was already re-worked from the initial concept, and had the necromancer stuff mashed into it as well, I can't see that happening, sadly.
>>
>>50677333
I've got half a year to make room for the base game and then another half a year (hopefully) to get ready for the expansions.
>>
What do you think /tg/?
I'm on budget and my gaming group is casual, it will probably take a year before we hit the end of the base campagne.
Should I plane on a gambler chess to refresh the game with the "advanced mode" or get new toys with 1 big fuck dragon/sunstalker/2 smaller extention.
>>
>>50677636
the base game will keep you busy for 60+ hours
>>
>>50677658
Even with a game over?
We already got the base game so I will take the 1.5 supplement. But I wonder what of the Gambler / 1 Big expantion / 2 lesser Expantion, is the best for a second run.
>>
>>50677636
Gold Lantern + First Hero expansion would probably be best. Play the core game a few times, then when you wipe a couple times and get bored of fighting lions, break out the First Hero to leap into the middle of the game and add in Gambler content.
>>
>>50677707
i mean in general

each session takes 1 hour.

you have 1 completed session and 3-4 semi decent sessions of 10 hour a piece and then 10 hours of fuck ups.
>>
>>50677760
*campaign
>>
>>50677636
Dragon king is the thing to get for a fresh experience. We know whats in it, it's been tested. It can change your vanilla campaign, it can give you a whole new campaign that plays differently, the model is the hottest shit this side of Chernobyl
>>
File: 1480188769248.jpg (154KB, 700x624px) Image search: [Google]
1480188769248.jpg
154KB, 700x624px
>>50677707
Obviously can't comment on the new content, but for a second run, Flower Knight, Dung Beetle Knight, and Lion Knight make for a pretty solid campaign.

Good gear, interesting fights, great minis, and each offers something really unique to the campaign (forest walk, addiction, timed resources; farming and gear empowering; and stage play combat that doesn't eat up a lantern year).

Dragon King is probably the more enjoyable alternate settlement expansion. It feels like an actual change to the main game. Sunstalker feels like the core game but with some aggravating bullshit tacked on (Survival of the Fittest as the only Birth Principle, boss gauntlet end game where losing a fight is an instant game over, katana mastery blows, etc.). That said, the Tyrant will fuck you up something fierce, and the dragon king in dragon-form is no fucking slouch, either.
>>
After seeing people moan on FB I'm really hoping we'll find out whether the Satan's Lantern promos contain their game content. I want Aya's armor
>>
>>50677919

Good dog.
>>
>>50677919
I didn't think Tyrant was that much worse than Butcher, except on the blind fight that you may not even take (there are, after all, different schools of thought on 'spoilers'.)

He'll make you hate life and then swiftly relieve you of it if you don't have at least one of Surge or a weapon or two that's good against his damn gates, though, preferably both. But with them he's probably less deadly than post-bandages Butcher... less randomness.
>>
>>50678556
I think tyrant was my favorite nemesis. The way that fight escalated with all the gates and how like.. failing to wound him often results in him watching in disappointment... I dunno, the whole fight exudes charisma.
>>
>>50671811
Don't underestimate Manhunter. He's become my all around favorite emesis monster. Not very intrusive, great gear and stories, great fight.
>>
>>50671568
Dragon King also adds an innovation... i think Arena? All it requires is nightmare training.
>>
>>50679108
Like Empire and Bloodline it's supposed to be People of the Stars exclusive, what with its delivery of Scar and Frozen Star, one of which is a trait that has literally no purpose other than Constellations.
>>
>>50679160
I think almost all of the expansions content is intended for only the People of the Stars.
The way I see it is that every card with a red icon and the Tyrant crest is only for the People of the Starts, while the purple ones with the Dragons crest (from which there are not many from) is for the Quarry Dragon King.
>>
>>50679160
Well, by that logic you wouldn't use Petal Spiral or whatever in a base game since it can give flower addiction, which is worthless in a campaign that doesn't include the flower knight.
>>
>>50680697
You don't. The point is there's a difference between Quarry Dragon King (Adds to a 'base' game) and People of the Stars (Is its own game mode).
>>
Context: Talking about the Gamer's Lantern pledge levels:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15381499#comment-15381498
>Allright, if I add the promo's to those levels, along with the unplanned content I've added AND give them a bundle discount then they both end up being MORE then Gambler's and Satan's Lantern pledge levels. Which means that the people that jumped in early to support are getting hooked the F up. Which I am cool with, but I don't want to disrupt the community.

So, in short,
>Core Game
>Gambler's Chest
>All Current Expansions
>All New Expansions
>All Promos (not pinups; promos do contain bonus gameplay pinups don't)
>Modest bundle discount
= More than $1,666

Boy it feels good to have a Satan pledge right now.

There have got to be a lot of fucking new expansions left to show off for this to be true...
>>
>>50681395
Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face here, also pretty stoked.
>>
>>50681395
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1689220/sounds-there-still-tons-new-content-reveal

Feels good to be Satan
>>
>>50681501
Feels good to have a Gambler's Lantern too.
I've got everything else already.
>>
>>50681599
Same here but with the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern.
>>
>>50681658
Same, there is no other version of that particular pledge.
>>
>>50681395
Autists that dropped their pledges on suicide watch.
>>
File: 95634324578.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
95634324578.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>tfw final form Satan
>>
>>50681658
>>50681703
So glad I was able to snatch one when one became free
>>
>>50681723
People who fall for the perceived value meme will never get ahead.
>>
>>50681733
Yeah, I gave up a BF gold lantern for it, best KS decision I ever made.
>>
>>50681728
puresatan superior
>>
>>50681825
>not getting a plastic cast of poots' cock after the campaign
>superior
>>
Anybody here part of the True Form 13?

I hate every fucking one of them ;~;.
>>
Post scans, feed my hype
>>
>>50682480
What do you want scans of? If there's anything in specific I can go find it in TTS.
>>
>>50682522
Not that anon but I'd LOVE legit scans of all Expansion booklets if they even exist.

Best we have are the pictures of them in the mega where you can hardly read any of the words.

Also does anyone have a mega dump of art and Monster Crests?
>>
>>50681865
He told me we would be getting something "special" other satan levels weren't.

I'm hoping for toenail clippings.
>>
>>50682569
I just want art, because I am not a dirty rules stealing thief.
>>
>>50682581
>At $7,777,777 he adds a Gambler pormo figure to the Gambler's Pledge.
>Final Form Satan gets it as a bonus
>>
>>50682608
>rules stealing
It was ruled conclusively by a US court (I don't know the case, if you're really interested I can look it up) that rules are always public domain, and you can make a 1:1 copy of a game as long as you change the theme.
>>
>>50682641
>PORMO
>>
>>50682675
as a special bonus for bakcers
>>
>>50682646
So wait, I could re-print D&D 5e by putting "Space" in front of every race and class name, and "laser" in front of every weapon?
>>
>>50682739
If Darths and Droids could get away with it, so can anybody else...
>>
>>50682739
I mean, that is basically what Pathfinder did.
>>
>>50682739
>>50682646
I think it may just be board games but I'm not sure.
>>
>>50682569
>Not that anon but I'd LOVE legit scans of all Expansion booklets if they even exist.
They exist. They're in the TTS mod, but very very very poorly organized. I'm flipping through the file folder now and I see occasional full screen well scanned images from expansion rulebooks but they're scattered all over the place.
>>
>>50682777
I thought that was because of 3e's OGL. I mean there was a company that literally re-printed the PHB under the OGL.

>>50682795
So, fantasy Imperial Assault?
>>
So how difficult is this game? Is it hard to learn? I know the minis are hard for a normie like myself but I'm willing to practice. I'm just getting the core game right now BTW.
>>
>>50682810
They're perfectly fine in the mod. They're stated objects in each of the expansion bags.

Alternatively, just load up this mod.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708663542
>>
>>50682739
Yes, but keep in mind that 5E has OGL so you could just do the same thing but without the fluff and some monsters and you would be groovy.
>>
>>50682646
It is only certain aspects that are public domain.

KDM's content is still very much protected by and large by copyright.
>>
>>50682881

Game is easy to learn, has a good tutorial, but it's hard as balls. Think Dark Souls - it's not hard to learn the basic controls, what's hard is figuring out how to conquer all the Fun the game throws at you.
>>
>>50682881
Easy enough to learn, hard to master.
The rules aren't particularly complex, but there's a lot of finesse in what you do within those rules.
>>
>>50682826
http://www.strebecklaw.com/court-rules-favor-cloned-tabletop-game-no-protection-us-copyright-law/
Basically we're both right. You can't give 4e a new coat of paint (5e is under the OGL) because Wizards is a big guy and can patent game mechanics; however, almost everything else is open game.
>>
>>50682881
If you follow the tutorial it's easy as pie to learn the rules.
>>
>>50682900
This just means I can write what all the shit does in a .txt document as long as I'm not copying the art assets.
>>
>>50682881
It's not hard per se but bad luck can screw you over magnificently. Also some assembly required.
>>
>>50682881
The game has one of the best learning curves of any /tg/ games I've seen. It has a well crafted "prologue" tutorial that introduces the mechanics as needed.
>>
>>50682881
As long as one player is willing to read the full game rules in their entirety to cover for the inevitable corner cases then the rest can literally just play the tutorial and learn everything they'll need to know.

Do have someone read the full game rules though. The prologue / tutorial is utterly fantastic, but without the full game rules you'll get stumped from time to time when weird shit happens.
>>
>>50682931
>hurr durrr I don't know what copyright means.
>>
>>50682739
>>50682646
Kind of. PLAGIARISM is still a thing. But if you aren't copying large patches of exact text, and rewriting the rules in your own word, you are fine.

Rulebook A are protected. Rules are not.
>>
>>50682992
Plagiarism isn't illegal though. It's something the scientific establishments won't stand by and will exile you for, but we're not exactly looking at publishing our game rulebook in a scientific journal now are we?
>>
>>50683022
If it's for profit, yes, it is illegal. But then it's considered copyright infringement, which is just a different name for the same thing.
>>
>>50683022
>but we're not exactly looking at publishing our game rulebook in a scientific journal now are we?
Or are we...
>>
If I can be completely honest, I don't know why people like either of Nognoth's tables that much.

I find his layouts to waste a good amount of space and his custom assets don't appeal to me at all.

Also the height tiers of the original table were horrendous.
>>
>>50683077

I'm sure the Game Theorists will appreciate it immensely, we might even get an award.
>>
So, if I recall, theres an expectation to see black knight and storm knight expansions... Wasn't there a third knight? Also, gold smoke knight is theorized to be the third lion knight, right? The 'perfected' one? Why is he endgame quality badass?
>>
>>50683155
If it doesn't have to be a respected one it would probably be pretty easy. Just send it to one of those journals that published the chicken paper.
>>
>>50683152
Also the guy who did the better scans of the expansion books, maximo1984, left out pure art pages. Fucker.
>>
>>50683193
There's also the White Knight, who has two different sculpts in the range. I don't know anything about his lore, though, and not many people seem excited about him.
>>
>>50683077
Well, professor running Artificial Intelligence courses said he will approve thesis for any game as long as it's sufficiently complex and the resulting algorithm performs no worse than average human...
>>
>>50683193
>>50683218
I like this one better of the two. A much more dynamic pose.
>>
>>50683218
I do recall him, but I beleive he's not expected to get an expansion... Though he could be cool, because they are like mas produced shock troops of the golden entity iirc. Could be a cool quarry, actually. Even neater if it had a system where it randomly gets a mood/trait to represent which weapon of its arsenal you're fighting
>>
>>50683252
The White Knight is not listed in the "News of Death" post wherein Poots lists the expansions he is excited to work on, yes.

But, that post didn't include the Oblivion Mosquito, the First Hero, or the Screaming God either, so it's not exactly perfect.

I don't think that people are super excited about the White Knight though yeah. Thematically he feels too close to the King's Man to really belong in the setting. A soldierly automaton sort of dealio.
>>
>>50683193

The Gold Smoke Knight was the guardian of the lion lands before the Golden Entity showed up and everything started getting weird and corrupted. This corruption reduced the lions into the feral White Lions we know (which is why you find those weird lion effigies out on hunts sometimes, traces of their old intelligence) and the ruler of the Silver City tried to understand the corruption and find a cure for it, but the dark pacts he made for that knowledge and delving into Necromancy turned him into the immortal but insane Lion God.

So the Gold Smoke Knight basically used to be a minor god, but is now just an especially powerful monster. He might see humans as a part of the corruption that destroyed his land.

The third 'perfect' lion knight is off doing actual work for the Golden Entity and leading its armies. The first is an insane abomination trapped in a maze, and the second is in show business.
>>
Somebody with all the expansion books needs to do a rescan, or the missing pages at least. I can report which ones don't exist outside of the old shitty camera ones from a year ago.
>>
>Flower Witch expansion
>contains no Armor Kits, only Witch and her 13 disciple.
>Only playable as a new campaign
>Every 2 years there's a nemesis fight against one disciple, if you fail you lose.
>Contains 2 AI decks, 1 for Disciples, 1 for Flower Witch. Though each Disciple has unique traits.

Sound like a good expansion?
>>
>>50683300

I wouldn't want a White Knight solo expansion, but Poots is clearly experimenting with various kinds of minions and minibosses in his expansions.

I would be fine with a 'White Legion' expansion of some kind, where an army of White Knights under the command of SOMETHING moves into your area. So you are not hunting the White Knights specifically, but rather you run into them on the way to other hunts/ they serve are minions during a fight with a higher ranked servant of the Golden Entity.
>>
>>50683379

Better yet:

Each disciple has a trait card that put their mini in play, and modifies the battle and has a unique basic action.

Whenever you fight the Disciples, you shuffle and draw X cards from the Disciple deck. Like first you only fight 2, but then you fight 3, and finally 5.

When you defeat a Disciple, archive its card. Future battles only draw from those Disciples not yet defeated. Include a Trap card in their hit location deck that checks to see how many wounds have been taken, and if its too many one of the Disciples 'runs away', leaving the fight without being defeated.

At the end of the campaign you fight the Flower Witch + ALL UNDEFEATED DISCIPLES. This encourages you to actively seek out Disciple fights when you can, because otherwise you are making the final fight much, much harder.
>>
>>50683379

One loss is game over seems way too harsh, would not be much fun especially given how its a nemesis fight every other year. Maybe make it 3 losses or something.
>>
>>50683480
>>50683491
I prefer the "makes the final fight harder" over one loss = game over.

Also they should probably be special showdowns to prevent the years from getting too clogged.
>>
>>50683480
That could be interesting.

>>50683491
It was the easiest way I could think of to make sure you needed to defeat all the disciples.

>>50683521
I prefer this too, now that It's been pointed out.
>>
>>50683521

I prefer that system as well. Makes a lot more sense, and adds more entertaining stakes.

>>50683571

Sure, that's fine. I was just saying I think 13 sudden death combat is... a lot.
>>
>>50683399
awww fuck that would be cool i think. FIght like.. 4 or 5 white knights at once, and their AI deck would have rules for how each one acts, so one might lay dormant in a haze of confusion while two of them go berserk and the third just starts pushing stone pillars around because all of them are going haywire.

I like the idea of multiple monsters as opposed to just BIG monsters with minions.
>>
>>50683742

In b4 poots makes an Ornstein and Smough expansion.

poots plz
>>
UPDATE
>>
Update is up.

Gorm is $50. The trend of increasing costs on old expansions continues. It's still a fucking steal at $50, though.

A new narrative sculpt of a human male with visible balls. Because that's definitely what we need. New bone gear sounds neat, though.

I don't know what that teaser is for but that's a fucking huge image. Deep within the inverted mountain?

Frogdog and God Frogdog tiers added. Frogdog is a $1,000 version of Gambler's Lantern. God Frogdodg is a $2,000 version of Satan's Lantern. Only difference I can see would be the shirts.

Pinups of Death II bundle. Just the original campaign's pinups in a box.

Frogdog pinup. Dogpoles, dogpoles everywhere.
>>
>>50684133

>inb4 autists whining about the Gorm reprint only being 33% off MSRP and claiming that, despite still being cheaper than MSRP, this SOMEHOW represents bad value for money
>>
>>50684146

> a new Kingdom Death shirt with a monster on it

Sweet! I wonder which awesome monster design they used this t-

> its the fucking Frogdog

Goddamnit, Poots. WHY.
>>
File: Skull Eater Balls.png (370KB, 621x767px) Image search: [Google]
Skull Eater Balls.png
370KB, 621x767px
I see you there.
>>
>>50684146
important bit, say hello to the Pariah expansion.
See image related compared to the teaser.
>>
>>50684146
>Please pledge responsibly

Fuck you poots you can't tell me what to do
>>
>>50684133
>THE ONLY RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO IS TO CHARGE AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The absolute madman.
Seriously debating the Frogdog shirt. Do we know what the Gambler's pledge shirt will look like?
>>
>>50684146
>Only difference I can see would be the shirts.
Frogdog includes Pinups of Death Series 2.
>>
>>50684201
KS comments. Morons made Frogdog a celebrity.
>>
>>50684224
He definitely fits the silhouette, although the image makes whatever it is look enormous.

His shop page has completely disappeared. Google brings up the first bits as " The Pariah is the last male white speaker. He violated the vows of the white speaker cult by murderi..." Can't find any further details. Seems linked, lore-wise, with the Mountain Man who was another male white speaker, and who does live in the Inverted Mountain.

Definitely more than plausible.

>>50684295
>Only difference I can see would be the shirts.
>Frogdog includes Pinups of Death Series 2.
So does Satan. Satan was already confirmed to include all of those sculpts; presumably they're going to put them in a box.
>>
Good update~!
>>
>>50684310
>So does Satan. Satan was already confirmed to include all of those sculpts; presumably they're going to put them in a box.
Oh, I didn't see it in the tier description. Fair enough.
>>
>>50684224
he will probably comes with more dungeon parts.
And maybe we can expect the mountain man, and then the game could go full dungeon crawling.
>>
>>50684146
I think everyone may be overlooking something important:
the shittier-Satan tiers are Frogdog. Could this have lore significance?
>>
>Backing Gambler's Lantern
>Now at $917
C'mon Poots, add those KS1 Messenger promos as add-ons and I'll be able to get everything I need.
>>
>>50684339
>everything I need.
You need all of it.
>>
>>50684348
I already have the expansions from the first KS. Those and the Survivor level bonuses are about all I missed on the first run, and I doubt he'll put up those as add-ons.
>>
>>50684295

As >>50684310 mentioned, so do the Satan levels. The Satan pledge levels only specify Pinups of Death - Series 1 as being included, but the update states that Pinups of Death - Series 2 is included in all the Satan levels.

...so Frogdog tier gets a $25 add on T Shirt for $334. Frogdog tier is the new twinpleb, you heard it here first.
>>
>>50684310
That Pariah in the image is on a 50mm base, it's easily twice the height of a normal human from the game.
>>
>>50684364
And I highly doubt it will include Satan.
>>
I can't help but notice that the Frogdog shirt does not have the sagging titties on it.

>>50684364
Not only does the update state that Satan gets the box, but before that the FAQ entry explicitly stated that each of the pinups in the box were included in Satan anyways. https://i.imgur.com/uNbAnzr.jpg for picture reference. Basically of those standalone pinups except for Holiday White Speaker Nico just got bundled into one box.
>>
>>50684391
It currently does not look like God Frogdog gets Satan, no. Satan X&Y were not in the previous kickstarter so it doesn't fall under "All Pinups & Promos from last Kingdom Death: Monster kickstarter" nor is it in the new* pinups or the Pinups of Death series.
>>
>>50684420
>does not have the sagging titties
Then what's the point?
>>
>>50684368
It didn't realize he was so huge. I need to figure out what his lifting regimen was so I can get gains like he did.
>>
>>50684470
Eating White Speaker brains, as far as I can tell.
>>
>box 97 is now represented as a bloodspatter on the image
I hope that when we roll it we get a dead survivor miniature. Ripped apart, crumpled on the floor in several pieces. Seems like the perfect opportunity to include such a thing.
>>
>>50684470
He's certainly bigger than he looks. His proportions might seem human, but he's not...
>>
Have we seen the Satan shirt yet?
>>
File: This is how I Tzimisce.jpg (306KB, 756x945px) Image search: [Google]
This is how I Tzimisce.jpg
306KB, 756x945px
Haven't seen other images of the Pariah before so didn't notice earlier, but like other White Speakers it seems he also wears heels.
>>
Thanks, that'll be my job, reading and knowing the rules. Glad I can ease everyone else in.
>>
>>50679071
>emesis monster
>vomiting monster
ewwww, gross. But not unexpected for KD.
>>
>>50684686
Vomiting is more of a Sunstalker thing, although many other things are happy to vomit on you if you hit them hard enough in the right place.
>>
Likely not going to happen, but I hope he makes the cards from Pinups of Death II available to previous backers...
>>
>>50684596
He looks retard terrible.

Probably another expansion I'll skip.
>>
>>50683379
*12 Disciples.
>>
Is there a way to filter KS comments to show Poots' posts?
>>
>>50685166
Go to his profile iirc
>>
updated;

Gambler's Chest Contents (so far)
>Advanced Rulebook
>1 Survivor (TK Fang) [1xMiniature]
>1 Survivor (Aya) [1xMiniature, +2 Promo cards, +1 Art card]
>1 Survivor (JoJo Adam) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Last Man Standing) [1xMiniature, +1 Mighty Axe Rare Gear ]
>1 Survivor (Scout of Death) [1xMiniature, +Pages to Advanced Rulebook, + "A bunch of cards"]
>1 Survivor (Murderer) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Settlement Event, +1 Secret Fighting Art, +2 Gear Cards]
>1 Survivor (Bow Master) [1xMiniature, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Deadrock Fighter) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art]
>1 Survivor (Romantic Adventurer) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Screaming Hoarder) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Disorder, +1 Hunt Event]
>1 Survivor (Darkeye) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Fighting Art]
>1 Survivor (Cockroach Queen) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Disorder, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Beast Hunter) [1xMiniature, 1xArmour Set Card, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Zanbato) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Bone Eater) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Secret Fighting Art, +1 Settlement Event, +1(?) New Bone Gear]

=
1xAdvanced Rulebook (Includes Philosophy of Death)
15xMiniatures
2xPromo Gear Cards
4xRare Gear Cards
3xGear Cards
1xArt Card
2xSecret Fighting Art
3xFighting Arts
1xAdvanced Fighting Art
6xPhilosophy Cards
2xSettlement Event
2xAdvanced Disorders
1xHunt Event
1xArmour Set Card

>to be continued

>>50685166
Yea use this link;
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>>
>>50684364
Well Poots had to reduce the total Satan pledges because he was treading thin financial ice. $333 extra bucks should be good to give people the option without going bankrupt again.
>>
>>50685166
>>50685173
Spoonfeeding is frowned upon, I know. Thank you both.
>>
>>50685257
That's just /a/
>>
>>50685187
15 minis so far.
17 boxes to go.

One of those boxes is colored gold and is expected to have two minis in it like the other gold box. If that is true, and if each other unopened box has one mini in it, then this box set has 33 minis in it. For $100. That's $3/mini. That's the price of Reaper fucking Bones minis. And these are hard plastic and not that soft rubbery bullshit that Bones are made out of.

What the fuck Poots.
>>
>>50685323
Buy 2.
>>
>>50685337
I'm already getting one at $50. Feels fucking good man.
>>
>>50685337
He'll probably limit the GC to one per pledge
>>
>>50685323
It's hard to say if 97 still counts as a box. I mean, there's no box around the number any more. And while he said we didn't lose anything, if we look at Monday's update we'll see that the Mad Mighty Striker actually took the 55 result out of the 54-57 box so that added a box back in so the net total of boxes now and pre Murderer is the same.

So there might only be 32 minis. And that's the pessimistic view. I still think that the Gambler himself will show up as a nemesis in here. Probably in the 47-49 box, considering how the Gambler's hunt event is #48 on the table.
>>
>>50685398
>Not making a second account, backing for a dollar and buying another.
>Not doing this 100 times.
ARE YOU EVEN A KD FAN BAKA FAMALAMABANANAJAMMA
>>
So when the murderer "kills" a dice roll, does it mean that the content already planned to go into the Gambler's chest will be made unavailable?
>>
>>50685605
No, retard. It just won't be revealed prior to release.

Jesus christ.
>>
>>50685605
No one knows since Poo never bothered explaining anything.

Bravo Poo.
>>
>>50685605
Don't listen to this idiot. >>50685621

We have absolutely no idea what it means. The Gambler's Box is one giant game of Calvinball. It means whatever Poots wants it to mean.

Poots has confirmed that the Murderer killing that box didn't cause us to lose content. That's about all we know, though.
>>
Survival of the Fittest confirmed for massively overpowered.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15386678#comment-15386677

Long story short, you can reroll as many times as you want. No limit other than than spending the rerolls.

Protect the Young confirmed for garbage.
>>
>>50683877

You know when the Dark Souls board game finally ships, we are totally going to cross over this shit, right?

Kingdom Death rules for Dark Souls monsters

Dark Souls rules for Kingdom Death monsters

They won't be official, but who cares?
>>
>>50685461
$5 is the minimum.
>>
>>50685605
like >>50685653 said, this is Calvinball.
There are no rules, other than the ones that Poots makes up.
However, all possible content of the Gambler's Chest was unlocked basically instantly, he's only doing this slow reveal thing to entertain and play with us.
No matter what happens, nothing is lost. If anything he keeps adding shit most likely.
>>
>>50685776
>However, all possible content of the Gambler's Chest was available from the start, he's only doing this slow reveal thing to entertain and play with us.
FTFY.
Gambler's Chest was always a set box, though he has added to it.
>>
>>50684277
either way its 333$ cheaper, so keep your Gambler's lantern if you have one
>>
>>50685749
Seems pretty lame to me actually. Just keeping a bag full of a dozen plus rerolls and using as many as you want when something shitty happens?

If you need your hand held just say so.
>>
>>50685894
I know that math is hard, but the Gambler's Lantern is only $233 cheaper than Frogdog.
>>
>>50685894
$73 cheaper but I'm getting the whole game rather than an update pack.
>>
>>50685901
>using as many as you want when something shitty happens?
And running out and having none left when something shitty happens later as well as having to use the lowest intimacy roll.
>>
>>50685901
I did a full campaign with SotF on TTS under the assumption that you only got one reroll per die and it was so absurdly strong that I was worried that PtY wouldn't be viable.

Now I'm no longer worried, because I know it isn't.

>>50685939
If you also choose Graves then once you get Face Paint you can just let the mothers die and only spend rerolls on 1's. Intimacy starts netting you population and rerolls pretty easily then, which you can use to shotgun anything you really want. It's silly.
>>
>>50685939
>Literally a dozen or more rerolls.
To be honest you don't run into terrible shit that often if you're using it to reroll 1s. Plus as long as you get Otherworldly Luck at a decent point in time the lower intimacy score barely matters.
>>
Poots is planning on adding a card pack for those who already have the Pinups of Death II figures but want the new gameplay cards without completely rebuying them.

Which means those of us who don't want pinups could just pickup the bonus content, if we want.

He also says it wouldn't cost very much. Although I don't know if he has any concept what "cheap" means any more.
>>
>>50685985
>Now I'm no longer worried, because I know it isn't.
This is why I would never jump into a satan pledge, Poo made a neat game but in terms of game design he can be fucking retarded and clearly doesn't playtest anything.
>>
>>50685653
its possible that we will get a gamblers roll linked to that hunt event that can give you back a dead person giving us back that square
>>
I haven't seen anything about on Kickstarter, but does anyone know if Poots is reprinting Foresaker in hard plastic?
>>
>>50686285
No.
>>
>>50686129
That's what house rules are for
>>
An interesting side-effect of this Pinups of Death II box is that the Satan's Lantern pledges just got cheaper shipping. The wave 3 shipping is quoted as $20 + $2 / item and so bundling 11 items into one box just saved $20 in shipping for that wave.

A Promos of Death box would also be pretty cool. They could chuck in:

>Messenger of Courage w/ unique insert
>Messenger of Humanity w/ unique insert
>Messenger of the First Story
>Messenger of the Spiral Path
>Twilight Knight
>White Speaker
>Aya the Survivor
>Paul the Survivor
>Snow the Savior
>Beyond the Wall
>>
>>50686313
>Spend $1500+ on a game so you can have the privilege of fixing Poos mistakes and make up new rules.
Seems legit.
>>
Saw an interesting theory that the new expansion packs are (largely) moving towards creating an inverted mountain campaign, possibly "People of the Nest" as we unwittingly build a Gryphon's nest for it. But I'm still hoping for a Storm Knight expansion.
>>
>>50686392
Gryphon is part of the Great Tree buds.

Inverted Mountain is white speaker, mountain man, pretty sure dragon king has a blurb about it iirc.
>>
>>50686340
All that's needed are a few tweaks, really
>>
File: IMG_0423.jpg (21KB, 240x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0423.jpg
21KB, 240x169px
>>50668845
Inverted mountain is basically pic related right
>>
>>50686431
Womp womp. Also Frogdog is inverted mountain as well. At least my hope for a Storm Knight expansion is not yet extinguished.
>>
So the next People of the ____ campaign will be all about inverted mountain right
>>
>>50684364
Nothing is worse than twinpleb.

Final form is better.
>>
Frogdog's Lantern: $1,000
KDM 1.5 Update Pack: $60
Gambler's Chest: $100
Frogdog T-shirt: $25
All New 1.5 Expansions, Pinups and Promos: >=$815

Currently revealed New 1.5 Expansions, Pinups and Promos: $385

At *least* $430 worth of expansions, pinups and promos have yet to be revealed or else the Frogdog pledge will never pay for itself.

Hold onto your fucking butts guys, cause this is gonna get crazy.
>>
>>50686766
truesatan only
>>
>>50686498
Hollow Tree my B.

>Compared to the great bats of the Hollow Tree, the Gryphon is a tiny and colorful monster. With its powerful wingspan, 20 men across and extremely vicious nature it will hunt these bats during cold periods and bludgeon them to death using its small body.

>The corpses of these bats are taken back to the Gryphon’s nest which is crafted over decades by lesser monsters who serve as both its labor and mortar. The Gryphon eats only a portion of these large beasts as it must also feed its nest as it is very much alive.

>The Gryphon’s extreme nest building anxiety manifests in a powerful musk, which the orifices in its wing pits consume, store and pressurize in a hump on its back. The monster can spew the concoction which makes humans or other lesser monsters become nest builders. A human can live out its entire life, questing to build parts of a Gryphon’s nest and never realizing the horror of what they are building.

>>50686683
I don't really think so. Inverted Mountain seems to be more of a place with monsters attached to it, compare that to the Dragon and Sunstalker that come to the settlement and are solo monsters that attach to your survivors.
>>
COME ON MAN HUNTER PINUP!!!
>>
Twitch, better not fail this time again.
>>
Huh, last KS i spent 365 for all game content, so far Im at 375 with my black friday silver lantern and expansions. I forget if I have included the DBK pinup or not, that is just too good to pass up. Did I dun goofed or did Poots get better at business?

>>50686474
Its either that or a crater, and another phrase for crater is a big fuckin hole in the ground so i lean heavily towards upsideown pyramids.
>>
>>50686993
>letting these faggots ruin another roll
Goddamnit Poots why.
>>
>>50686860

>great bats
>bigger than Gryphon

I have to see this in glorious plastic
>>
>>50687006
I'm at 350ish and likely won't go over 500.

Seems he's just adding all kinds of random stuff. Also milking the pinups like a madman.
>>
What are the knights? human shaped supernatural beings? servants like the King's Men, and Hand?
>>
>>50687094
Knights are usually guardians or creations of some entity or another. Flower Knight, Lion Kight, etc. Though some break the mold completely, ie DBK
>>
>>50687094
Depends.

DBK is a Dung Beetle that ate Phoenix Poo and went through advanced evolution.
Black Knight is Percivals pet pupper.
Lion Knight is a enigmatic crazy man/lion/general/thing.
>Three brother generals command the vast armies of the Golden Entities domain. Each imbued with a different temperament and a strong will of their own. The middle brother is the most attached to the human industry and artistry. He cultivates a courtly civilized appearance and graceful swordsmanship, surrounding himself with human thralls allowing them to enjoy their short tragic existence in his awesome presence.
Can't remember anything for Flower, I'll check his booklet.
>>
File: cancer.jpg (42KB, 723x265px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
42KB, 723x265px
>>50686993
>>
>>50687094
Flower Knight is the guardian of the forest.
Lion Knight was made by the golden city and is one of the more stable experiments. He goes around trying to understand humans.
Dung Beetle Knight isn't a knight, it's a beetle that ate phoenix poop and evolved to look like a Knight to get past the Flower Knight.

Percival and Black Knight were explained upthread.
White Knights are gold entity troops.
Storm Knight isn't explained yet.
Gold Smoke used to be in charge of the golden city, but got kicked out by the golden entity and turned into what he looks like now.
>>
>>50687094
>>50687151
flower knight serves forest witch, and is probably a bunch of transformed critters like in Sonic
black knight serves Fry and just wants him to come home
lion knight is rebellious son getting a theater major
gold knight is his underappreciated brother who got stuck with a failing business and is now an alcoholic bum
storm knight is just the asshole ghost of a destroyed carwash
white knight is out making the holylands great again
>>
>>50687265
>>50687260
>storm knight is just the asshole ghost of a destroyed carwash
This is accurate.
>>
>>50684525
Missing the leg that the Murderer is holding.
>>
...and the butcher is a ghost in armor, and the forsaker is a crazier butcher?
>>
>>50686993
>>50687257
And now the faggots are cheating again. They just magicked in a zanbato.

This is going swimmingly.
>>
>>50687367
Butcher isn't a knight.

I think he's just a crazy ass dude.

A Forsaker (so far) is basically a dude that janks the Butcher and wears his mask. There's not much to the Butcher/Forsaker.

>>50687376
This stream is literally shit.
>>
>>50669698
If you run Manhunter expansion you can defrail your pick axe, and dung beetle will also allow you to create nonfrail pickaxes. If you don't mind cheese, the Sorrowful legendary lion provides iron on kill, same with the Lion God.

For he base game, your only option is prayer and fighting Phoenixes.
>>
>>50687376
>>50687257
>>50686993
Is Poots betting another gambler roll on these faggots?
>>
>>50687475
If they win, because they went double or nothing, we get male and female Manhunter pinups.

If they lose we skip tomorrow's GC roll.
>>
>>50687050
The last KS wasnt any different in terms of pin-ups galore to entice for more content expansions. First time around I think we got the manhunter and lion knight for free if you pledged for the game and up, or somesuch.

It seems I did add the 15 bucks already, cool.

>>50687151
>DBK
>Not a guardian
Nigga plz, DBK is totally a guardian. A guardian of manly tears.
>>
>>50687475
Of course he is.

Poo loves being a fag.
>>
>>50687490
What are they fighting and what's their party like?
>>
>>50687435
It mentions there isn't much left in the butcher's armor. He's like a WH40K Khorne Berzerker, but in the form of a Thousand Son with its cursed armor.
>>
there should be an innovation for "Menses Hunting" where women on their period are used as bait for trapping little monsters. You'd roll during the settlement phase for the chance at basic resources with the risk of death for a female survivor
>>
File: pic2955107.jpg (853KB, 1000x1964px) Image search: [Google]
pic2955107.jpg
853KB, 1000x1964px
>>
File: muh sexism.jpg (22KB, 527x430px) Image search: [Google]
muh sexism.jpg
22KB, 527x430px
>>50687623
Check your privilege, you cishet white scum.
>>
>>50687806
>>50687806
>>50687806
>>50687806
New
>>
I already own KDM and all expansions - I was going for the Gambler's Lanteen and buying my way up, but is the new Frog Dog tier basically made for people like me?
>>
>>50687850
Frogdog is just a more expensive version of Gambler's Lantern. Same content, higher price.
>>
>>50687862
And without the free Satan minis.
>>
>>50688003
Gambler's Lantern does not get the Satan twins anyways. They're old content, not new content.
>>
>>50687367
It's the other way around, the butcher is a forsaker that's basically gone hollow.
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.