[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 34

File: TL note BS means bullshit.jpg (152KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
TL note BS means bullshit.jpg
152KB, 600x838px
New and Improved Edition

Thread Rules:
1) Names are allowed for denoting what deck you play
2) Ignore shitposters
3) Don't turn into the Modern General
4) No counterfeit discussion, either for or against. Don't bring them up. Period.

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells
>Tin Fins

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
>>50653679
I should be around tomorrow night. I got XMage installed so we should be able to play.
>>
getting like a foot of snow or some shit. glad i didn't drive down to fenton today.
>>
>>50654204
We're supposed to be getting some snow here in New England too. I'll probably be working from home tommorrow, which means I'll really be shitposting and playing MTGO.
>>
>>50654229
i sold my modo collection to cardhoarder for a surprisingly good rate so no modo for me.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>50653654
What's today's topic Cap'n?
Does anyone here have a list for Junk Stoneblade?

>>50654392
>guy
Why anon?
>>
Who else here loves casting shardless agent? (Or pitching it to force of will?) I think it's the most fun card in legacy. So far the only decks I have played with it are shardless bug and aluren, but I was wondering if anyone had any spicy lists that run the best 2 for 1 in legacy.
>>
>>50654229

Not excited for the next twelve hours.

By the way, I think I ran into some Trash Wizards guys on the border today. They were playing Modern (which displaced my Legacy tournament for the week).

Apropos of something in the previous thread, False Cure doesn't work against the Drills.
>>
>>50654808
Casting Shardless is aight I suppose. Untapping with a Sylvan Library is cooler.
>>
>>50654482
What I play
Dudes:
4x DRS
4x goyf
4x SFM
3x bob

Not-dudes:
4x abrupt decay
3x lingering souls
3x STP
2x inquisition
2x thoughtseize
1x toxic deluge
1x council's judgment
2x sylvan library

Power tools:
1x SoFI
1x jitte
1x batterskull

Lotv:
3x Lotv

Lands:
4x verdant catacombs
3x Windswept heath
2x Marsh Flats
2x Bayou
2x Scrubland
1x Savannah
1x Forest
1x Swamp
1x Plains
3x Wasteland
1x karakas

SB is meta dependant obviously but I use:
2x duress
2x hymn
2x choke
2x thalia
2x containment priest
2x surgical
1x needle
1x Krosan Grip
1x toxic deluge
>>
>>50657439
Your deck looks really boring
>>
>>50655976
Why doesn't false cure work against the drils? False cure creates a trigger after each copy of tendrils, right? So I lose two, opponent gains two, then opponent loses four, repeat for storm count. End result it i lose two life, then my opponent loses two life for each storm count, so if I have more life than them, which is not unlikely against ANT or DDFT, it should kill them with storm triggers on the stack, right? Or am i missing something completely
>>
>>50654392
>guy
>Why anon?
because i'm not a death & taxes doll, of course.

>>50658554
>Why doesn't false cure work against the drils?
because false cure is a delayed trigger and state-based effects are checked after each item on the stack resolves. you'll lose the game before the lethal false cure trigger even goes on the stack.
drills resolves: drain 2 gain 2, life totals are 18 to 22. false cure triggers, lose 4, life totals are 18-18.
see there? you lose when lifetotals are checked after the tendrils resolves from the stack and you're at 0.
>>
>>50655976
oh yeah a few of them were playing in a Modern IQ up there. Is the snow bad up there? It could be worse a little farther south here, but it was still enough to convince me to work from home. Which is fine with me. More MTGO.

>>50658554
I think you're right, but I'd like clarifiation on this. The one time I played against The Cure I think I just killed with Lab Maniac to be safe.
>>
>>50658836
>I'd like clarifiation on this

see
>>50658782
>>
>>50658554
>>50658836
He's exactly right. Each copy of tendrils resolves on its own, and false cure will trigger after each of them, each copy will read effectively "you and target opponent lose 2 life". Whoever has more life will win but if you're within 1 life point it could be a draw. And even better, ANT doesn't play counters - so if you spike them with it there is nothing they can do except die to their own drills.

...now I'm thinking about siding false cure against reanimator lists
>grislebrand swing? Sure, false cure, gain 7 lose 14 gg
>>
>>50658995
>ANT doesn't play counters
Flusterstorm says hi.
>>
false cure isn't double-reverse-lifelink. if you drop to 0 at any point where state-based effects are checked you lose immediately and false cure never even triggers.

>each copy will read effectively "you and target opponent lose 2 life"
stop spreading bad info.
Target opponent loses two life and you gain two life
THEN IF NOBODY WAS AT ZERO LIFE AFTER THIS RESOLVES
false cure trigger is put on the stack
>>
>>50659239
This is true, but storm decks notoriously deal a lot of damage to themselves, and The Cure can pump out damage as well. When you cast tendrils for, say 10 storm, you get 10 copies of it, and each copy resolves seperately. After each copy, false cure says "hey, someone just gained life" and puts a trigger onto the stack before the next copy resolves. If you're both at 20, yeah, you die, your opponent lives, if they just Ad Nauseum'd down to six, then they're going to die while there are still seven tendrils triggers on the stack.

Source: becoming a judge is hard in rural Australia, but I'm working on it

Also, as much as I want more people to play false cure, I feel like you should put more versatile cards in your sideboard as opposed to the most silver bullet.
>>
File: 1347479123356.jpg (35KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1347479123356.jpg
35KB, 525x481px
>>50659294
>becoming a judge is hard in rural Australia, but I'm working on it
i believe in you
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 209x200px
>>50659604
>>
Anyone here play Painter? I feel like it is one of the more rare decks to see actually
>>
>>50659294
wait, like... judiciary public official?
>>
just finished my first full xmage match. do people differentiate skill-levels on this (beginner/casual/serious)?

man that interface is weird but the sfx are comfy
>>
>>50660781
i think the best way to do that would be to put in the description of your match that youre looking for a certain level of play.
>>
>>50661153
found it! thanks
>>
>>50659830
In paper, yeah. It's rough because once they know what you're playing (turn 2 onwards) there will always be a counterspell or swords for painter's servant. Even if you run 8 pyro/reb, they have more counters than you do. Even a bolt wrecks your day. Game 2 is even worse because surgical comes in so once your first painter is gone your game plan is jaya aggro. Not great.
If you have the cards, it's a blast as a sometimes deck to bring to tourneys out of the blue. It just isn't going to win consistently enough to be a main deck.
>>
File: red hot casual memes.png (3MB, 1874x1031px) Image search: [Google]
red hot casual memes.png
3MB, 1874x1031px
h...here i go
>>
>>50661782
what deck is this?
>>
>>50661858
Looks like a hybrid of eldrazi stompy and rip-helm combo.
>>
>>50661858
it's not a deck, it's a meme
>>
>>50661567
>there will always be a counterspell or swords for painter's servant
Wrong and even if so what? t1 moon wrecks 90% of the format. Ensnaring Bridge, Trinisphere and Koth pings deal with anything the combo or Moon doesn't.
>>
>>50659830
I've played it. It's pretty good because it can lock a lot of decks out really quickly, and then get the combo kill to finish it. The biggest problem is a weak Miracles matchup. Contrary to >>50661567 the deck is generally going to be able to play through removal pretty well, with Goblin Welder being absolute insanity. The deck has a lot of tricks and room for tight play, so give it a try
>>
>>50662156
How'd the memeing go?
>>
>>50664366
ive never missed so many land drops in all my life
>>
File: time for land tax.png (3MB, 1646x982px) Image search: [Google]
time for land tax.png
3MB, 1646x982px
>>50665910
>>
File: Hzms34f.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
Hzms34f.png
102KB, 746x717px
>>50665910
>>50666550
Fucking amazing. Have you thought about Leyline instead of/alongside RiP?
>>
File: Smuggler's Copter_KLD.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Smuggler's Copter_KLD.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
Currently jammed this into my eldrazi Stompy surprisingly to great success, love filtering out bad hits with reshaper. Hate it if you want (I understand). However with the greedy mana base of eldrazi it's basically free.
>>
I'm thinking about getting myself something nice for the holidays. What do you guys think of the Terese Nielsen Guru playmats?
>>
>>50666760
What did you replace for them? It actually sounds like a neat idea
>>
>>50666760
You've made me hate eldrazi slightly less
>>
>>50667010
Cut 1 spatial contortion, put endbringers in the sb (2) and put 1 warping wail in the sb (of 3). So far the copters mostly just suck up removal but usually that's enough, especially when reshaper is a huge threat
>>
>>50666982
Get a custom playmat, it's the only way to go. InkedGaming is the best place to shop and make your own.
>>
>>50667100
Sounds interesting, I'm going to try that when I have enough money. Smuggler's is fucking expensive and all the cool Eldrazi are dirt cheap, it makes no sense
>>
>>50666550
random question, but how do you have the old bnoarders on everything? scince the last update or so everything seems to have the new one, like they were trying to make it look like mtgo or somthing.
>>
>>50659846
no ya dingusit's just that pretty much all the magic judges in Australia live in capital cities, so I would have to drive six hours to get to my closest possible mentor.
>>
>>50667348
idk just started using this today

i'm actually starting to think this game is pure garbage when you take out the human element.
>>
>>50667348
Preferences -> Images -> "Fall back to plain image based rendering"
You might have to cycle it on/off a few times for it to sync properly.
>>
>>50667558
>respond to wasteland with tutor
>opponent brainstorms
>takes two minutes
>concede and leave
yeah i'm real close to all done here. i can't take not playing at speed against an actual people.
>>
so I'm ~9-3 in my online practice today, which sounds great except that I played against like 4 enchantress players and I've never seen a matchup so lopsided. I also played against this bizarro 4c Bloom Titan/Opposition deck with mystic snakes. I beat it barely

>>50667558
I prefer to play against humans face to face but I don't think it's garbage if you don't. What don't you like about playing online?
>>
>>50661782
how are the ghost quarters treating you?
>>
>>50667558
I completely agree. I have tried both mtgo and xmage and I just cannot stand it. the only thing I do now are the cube drafts, everything else just isn't as fun as when you aren't playing with a real person. It really is a different experience.
>>
DDFT guy no time today either :(
>>
>>50667979
Oh, I saw that option when i was in their earlier today. I didnt know thats what it did though. Thanks.
>>50667558
>>50668113
That the 'risk' of playing online. But do alos keep in mind, its a free program with servers that......leave a bit to be desired. So its not always the other player being slow. I love xmage though just because it lest me play whatever i want, from top teir to total jank. Most of the time I just pay in the middle with titan post though. And lose a bunch Its fun being able to play all the different legacy decks. Espically the really old ones like eva green or 4 land stompy. The thing I absolutely despise though are people than wont play you or kick you off their table because your win rate is low. Its like, dude, if you want suprsrs competition dont be a cheap dick and go to mtgo or something.
>>
>>50668363
No worries m8 I'm not gonna have much time either. Tomorrow night is my weekly modern event so I won't be available. wednesday is my best bet.
>>
>>50654229
If you don't mind me asking, what state in NE? I'm from RI
>>
>>50669110
I'm from NH. Seems like a good chunk of us are from the northeast. Which makes sense because it has a reasonably stable legacy scene.
>>
>>50669110
>>50669169
I'm in Indy myself, our legacy scene is...well maybe not burgeoning but we get enough to fire a 4-round event every week now.

Also should I try delver again this week, or go back to ANT? Is there a better third option for a meta with 3-4 miracles players?
>>
>>50669815
DDFT has a good miracles matchup. What's the rest of the meta like?
>>
>>50669955
It's pretty wide open among the tier 1-2 decks. There's usually 3-4 miracles players, one eldrazi player, 1-2 other stormfags, 1-2 guys on Lands, a burn player or two, sometimes the elves chick decides to play, I even saw someone bring MeatHooks two weeks ago and 3-1.
>>
>>50669169
>>50669815
We only play once a month but we get 3-4 rounds to do so. I wish there was more but the threshold to get into the format is just too high casual to semi-competitive players to justify paying for.
>>
>>50670041
Yeah, I know. Our shop allows people to play with proxies but charges an extra $2 per 10 proxies, which have to be in full color with updated oracle text.

So you can play a full 75 proxy deck, but it'll run you $20 to enter - meaning unless you 4-0 you're losing money.
>>
>>50670075
Most decks run a few basics so that takes away from 75 and modern has some cross over in cards and most players have a few fetches from khans standard
Death and taxes is like 75% modern cards and then the lands are extremely expensive
>>
>>50670145
The kicker in legacy really is the lands
[spolier] tabernacle [/spoiler]
>>
>>50670145
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't D&T have 0 reserved list cards?
>>
>>50670226
Fuck it, we'll do it live!
>>
>>50669955
"good"

Just because it has the best MU against the deck of the 3 main Storm decks in the format doesn't mean it has a GOOD MU against the deck.
>>
>>50670322
It actually does have a "good" matchup against miracles. I'm not sure what sort of win percentage you'd consider "good" but i consider it a 60-40 matchup. I'd call that "good".
>>
>>50670227
Duals
>>
>>50670669
60-40 is optimistic. You need a LOT of things to go right to even get to 60-40, meaning you need to draw the right half of your deck. The pile that gives you the best chance at winning is a pass-the-turn pile with Shelldock Emrakul, and even that's not a guaranteed win if your opponent just has the Terminus or Karakas. If you waste too much time finding your 1-MD Decay to have a Storm pile Miracles will just keep accumulating countermagic to answer everything else.
>>
>>50670865
dose D&T run duals? I thought the deck was mano white. Or did it change?
>>
>>50670865
>>50670884
He's talking about RW DnT which is not nearly as consistent, even if it is moderately more powerful. White Weenie DnT is still the best build.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (11KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
11KB, 178x248px
Elfball, how do i do?
>>
>>50671077
Step 1, sell out of Elves
Step 2, build a DRS deck
>>
>>50670881
60-40 may be a bit optimistic, and I'm sure I'd find my win percentage decreases sharply against the best miracles players. But from experience, I consider the matchup favorable, if difficult. I've played a fair amount vs miracles and my win rate is positive. It's not totally clear to me how much play skill factors into my record against it. But strictly based on my win percentage vs the deck, I'd put it around 60-40. Also, I think a lot of ANT players consider the matchup to be even or slightly better, and only TES finds it to be unfavorable.
>>
>>50671077
1) Build a good deck
2) Don't build elfball
>>
>>50671077
1) Spend 600 dollars on Gaia's Cradles
2) Never win anything relevant
>>
DDFT guy in luck, I have time for 1 round if you're up for it, but only if we start in like 5 minutes.
>>
File: Psychatog_OD.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Psychatog_OD.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
Just got back from weekly Monday night legacy (12 this week) copter over performed in eldrazi Stompy. It's definitely staying in now.

Pic un related
>>
>>50672571
That's sweet to hear actually (the copter in the deck). I really wanted to see if it had what it took to get into legacy because of how much I love the card
>>
File: PMGuruPlains.jpg (497KB, 864x489px) Image search: [Google]
PMGuruPlains.jpg
497KB, 864x489px
>>50666982
Exquisite choice brother.
I ordered myself online last night. Are you going to get the art which represents the most powerful color in magic?

Played weekly legacy tonight. Went 4-0-1 lost in the final round, but it doesn't matter because we prize split. I wanted my damn platinum angel. Infect with standstill is the nutter butters. Those cards, those delicious, delicious cards.

Matchups were: 4c fairness.dec, Burn, blood moon stompy, aluren, and grixis delver. Overall a good night.
>>
>>50671077
Natural Order into Craterhoof, fold to combo.
>>
>>50673896
Infect with Standstill? Sounds spicy. List?
>>
>>50671498
Just noticed this, sorry I missed you senpai. I went to sleep minutes before you posted that.
>>
Bump.

Post lists
>>
>>50677719
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/snake-stompy/
>>
>>50677719
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ubr-flashback-2/
>>
>>50673896
I'm torn between U R and B, I think they're all amazing but I'm not sure if I wanna be the guy turning up to my kitchen table and EDH games with a Mono-U playmat.
>>
>>50677719
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nourishing-lich-2k16/
>>
>>50677968
But this deck could be so much better with actually good creatures...
>>
>>50678341
You don't need good creatures when you have chalice, trinisphere and choke.
I haven't tested this deck at all
>>
>>50677719
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shardless-rats/
FML I should have pre-ordered leovolds
>>
>>50673896

WHAT THE FUCK. When did those came out and where do I buy them?
>>
>>50678910
http://shop.tnielsen.com/Playmats_c57.htm?page=all
>>
>>50678925

>http://shop.tnielsen.com/Playmats_c57.htm?page=all

>that Sydri Playmat

HNNNNNNGG

I love the guru lands art, but I'm not feeling that black border on one side.Not sure what they should replace it with, but it kind of ruins it for me.
>>
>>50679052
I would assume something has to be there to preserve the aspect ratio. I think that's where the signature goes if you pay the extra $2.
>>
>>50678925
>dat descendant's path
I never should have traded my foil, even if it was useless, it was beautiful.
>>
Bump.

What's the craziest win you've ever pulled off?
>>
>>50680841
When I was a wee lad, around the time Ravnika 2 electric boogalo was legal in stand. So I was an idiot and invested into a rat tribal deck that was technically legacy due to an inclusion of 2 crypt rats. I was bumming at the card shop and found some people playing magic and asked if I could play a game with them, and the guy was running D&T.
I had a very consistant early play of the 1 drop rats, into ravenous rats or pack rats and ended up really putting on the tribal beats with a turn 4 Obelisk of Urd. I think what really sealed the game was flashing in Dictate of Erobos after putting a typoid rat in front of his batterskull.
>>
>>50680841
once, before I got my fourth trop, I was playing main deck dryad arbor instead. in game three against grixis control, I kept an ok 6 with dryad arbor in it. I played it turn one and ended up killing my opponent with it.
>>
>>50680841
Playing EDH with some friends while on Christmas break from college. I have Melek, Izzet paragon on the field, EoT Firemind's Foresight for High Tide, Reset and Blue Sun's Zenith. On my turn I flashback Mystic Retrieval for Reiterate and pass, opponent swings for lethal with token army and I win in combat by going:
>Reset Reiterate for infinite mana
>Blue Sun myself for X=cards in library
>Shuffle BSZ into library, which is only BSZ
>Flip top card with Melek
>Twincast BSZ off the top to dome my opponents for lethal

In legacy I've had some games where I've gone down to 1, found a Transmute and got a Foundry, then sacced my field for blocks and life and was able to recovered. Had a game where I went T1 Island Mox Diamond pitching City Thopter Foundry, which baited out Force, then slammed a t2 The Abyss vs my Delver opponent at which point he conceded.
>>
>>50680841
playing shardless against DnT, he has 2 flickerwisps and a mom on board with a freshly played sword of feast of famine ready to equip next turn. I top deck night of souls betrayal swiping his board and finish him off with goyf
>>
>>50681096
>I had a very consistant early play of the 1 drop rats, into ravenous rats or pack rats and ended up really putting on the tribal beats with a turn 4 Obelisk of Urd. I think what really sealed the game was flashing in Dictate of Erobos after putting a typoid rat in front of his batterskull.

One of my new favorite things about Legacy is building ridiculous creature decks that absolutely rape D&T.
>>
>>50680841

This one's a bit fuzzy, but the premise was Ad Nauseam from seven life against Eldrazi, finding (I think) Tendrils, Ponder, Swamp, Petal, Cabal Therapy. No mana (maybe 1 black? This was months ago) in the pool, tapped out, down to 1 life, with three spells cast. Thought I was dead, so I played Petal and Ponder. Hit a Cabal Ritual, played the Rit, played Therapy naming Rysorian Badger(?), then Tendrils for 16. Feels good, man.

Snow's not hideous up here, but it's not great, either. Almost got my car towed in Hanover last night because parking suddenly stops being legal at midnight and a bunch of snow-clearing stuff comes in.

>>50658782

>drain 2 gain 2, life totals are 18 to 22. false cure triggers, lose 4, life totals are 18-18.

This. False Cure works if you've got a higher life total than the Driller, but if totals are equal or you're at anything lower, you bleed out first. So if you can chip away at a Storm player's total without suffering as much damage yourself, you can win the race. But another thing to watch out for is two consecutive-turn Tendrils if you only have one False Cure in hand.
>>
Basic eldrazi Stompy (now with new copter flavor!)

Dudes 4x
Endless one
Mimic
Reshaper
TKS
Smasher
2x SSG
Dicks
4x chalice
4x copter
2x jitte

Spells
2x wail
1x dismember

Cribs
3x city of traitors
4x tomb
4x temple
3x eye
1x urborg tomb
1x karakis
4x cavern
2x Wasteland
2x factory

Copter just seems to work!
>>
File: 20161213_131901.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161213_131901.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>50678313
Get what your heart desires. I'm getting the swamp playmat.

>>50676419
Pic related brohemian. I'll type it up later, if there's any questions just ask .

Also, does anyone have any of the missing foils in pic related for sale?

>>50680841
Any win where I use every single card in my hand to achieve the victory.
>>
>>50680841
in legacy:
>playing guy who brewed up elemental shotgun before it was really a deck
>I T1 fetch petal loot reanimate griselbrand. 11 life
>His T1 is ritual cantrip ritual cantrip storm storm storm. gets to 9 storm. laughs and tells me he stalled out, 1 storm count short. grapeshot for 10. 7 to griselbrand, 3 to me
>I decided not to draw 7 and go to 1 life, wanted to be able to crack fetches
>he blew his entire hand doing that
>we enter a draw-go stalemate because we have no follow up action
>we do this for 7-8 turns, holy fuck why can't I find a reanimation spell to get griselbrand back
>he drops a kiln fiend, going to start swinging next turn
>shit shit shit
>top deck elesh norn
>fuck
>wait
>oh shit i have 2 lotus petal and 5 lands
>hard cast elesh norn
>kiln fiend is kill
>he was at 17, lost 3 life to fetches
>swing norn 4 times, have him at 1
>he's draw enough cards naturally to try to storm again
>he goes for it, gets to 7 storm, grapeshots me for exactly lethal (I went down to 8 from fetches)
>at the time, I played 1 main deck misdirection in my list. turn a grapeshot back on him and kill him
>he both lmao
>>
>>50682426
That reminds me or this time when I was playing Modern at my LGS and storm was really popular for some reason. there were something like 3 players + myself on storm some nights. Anyways I ended up putting 2 Quickens in my sideboard and always brought them in vs other storm decks. Usually they were just a cantripping spell when I was going off but for once I got the right opener and was able to Quicken Grapeshot my opponent to kill him off of his own storm count, it was great.
>>
>>50677968
Is clinging mists better than moment's peace?
>>
>>50683036
I honestly have no idea. Probably not.
>>
>>50682426
...wut? Elemental shotgun isn't a storm deck, and what kind of awful storm deck burns it's whole hand to grapeshot for 10?
>>
>>50684650
it was an original brew the guy came up with, he would storm up and use ground rift as a cheap storm spell to feed nivmagus elemental. kiln fiend was beater #2 that also got big when he stormed up, and grapeshot was in the deck for extra reach if he ended up 5-6 damage short of lethal. It was actually pretty effect and he caught people off guard all night with T2 kills.
>>
God damn it I wish my play group would step up their power level.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing jank/shitty decks but I also deeply love playing highly tuned decks and I'm just not getting that itch scratched.
>>
i know you're out there fold guy and i just want to say i still have nightmares from the horrors you've shown in this general
>>
So, if I want to print out any proxies to use for a different deck than delver or ANT I'll need to do it tomorrow.

Any ideas, or should I stick with Grixis Delver for another week?
>>
>>50686888
sneak show
>>
>>50681432
>chip away
>implying I won't be swinging for 7 on turn 2
>>
>>50686427
Same problem fampai. Played with a group that did multi-player 60 card casual. Werewolves, rat tribal, no win condition life gain decks, etc etc.

I live in a remote area of a rural state so just finding people to play mtg is a stretch, finding good ones willing to or even capable of playing proxy legacy is another task entirely. But for some reason I'm stupid enough to keep buying paper magic decks that never get used outside of pub stomping the occasional cocky casual who thinks his monogreen stompy deck is undefeatable
>>
look at this spicy $300 meme, top 8 in a 72 player event
http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=13314&d=278162&f=LE

There must be more we can do though, how do we make monoblack great again?
>>
>>50687648
How did that work? Seems janky af. Really vulnerable to any kind of hate and you'd better not run out of gas. And even after you go off you're counting on pulling entomb or part of the sb combo
>>
>>50687648
That dude rode one big ass luck streak.
>>
>>50687648
watisthiseven? It just looks like a shitty monoblack reanimator.
>>
>>50687648
The japs love that mono black pox-reanimator list. Don't know why. I've meseed around with it and it seems kind of bad.
>>
>>50687120

>implying T1 Therapy naming False Cure isn't real

Not trying to be a butt, but you're working under the assumption that you'll be able to hold onto Cure and swing seven before Storm does its thing.

Ad Nauseam from 13 often finds everything a Stormer needs, even in the face of disruption.
>>
>have $3,000 dollar profit from stocks this year
>want to sell them to use the money for a full lands deck
>only play legacy with friends 3-4 times a month and maybe go to a legacy event at my LGS once a month

Is it worth it? Essientally I would be getting the deck for 'free', plus I want that fucking Tabernacle
>>
>>50687997
DO NOT QUESTION THE JAPANESE OCG OVERLORDS.

They have forgotten more than you will ever know.
>>
>>50687212
>the occasional cocky casual who thinks his mono green stompy deck is unbeatable.

I fucking hate that guy. Every group has one, he probably runs 12 lands and mana weaves like a little shit and refuses to let you cut his deck because "you'll ruin the cards".
Bitch before 2003 sleeves weren't legal in tournament play, you were expected to riffle shuffle the cards all the time, one cut isn't going to fuck them up.

There is no deck that's too good for that stage.
>>
>>50690170
c h e e t o f i n g e r s
>>
>tfw no more getting your weekly legacy fix now that SCG has basically cut all legacy support
>>
>>50690443
>tfw star of David games gives you another reason not to support them
>>
>>50690668
Is that like a YouTube channel?
>>
>>50690897
What? No. Do you seriously not understand what I was trying to convey?
>>
>>50690952
SCG is run by Jews because higher amounts of cards and higher prices due to convenience of large quantities of cards? No I figured that at first but remained hopeful that we had a new place to watch legacy.
>>
>>50690995
Ah I see, no unfortunately we do not have a new place to watch legacy. I have however heard of a large-ish game store trying to bring the back with their own League/series kind of thing. Can't remeber what it's called honestly but I know it was posted on one of our threads while ago.
>>
Make magic great again:
support legacy
remove modern entirely
stomp out this bulllshit 'frontier' format
Bring back extended and expand it to 6~9 rotating sets
abolish the reserve list
revisit the ban/restricted lists for vintage and legacy
>>
>>50691045
>Bring back extended and expand it to 6~9 rotating sets
Actually sounds like it could be okay, however I feel like the only thing we see is gonna be fucking CoCo decks still better than modern
>>
>>50690170
>tfw the cocky casual actually beats you the first game you play because your deck decides to go full retard
>play UBg reanimator
>turn 2 griselbrand
>cocky casual is playing a medley of cards from theros to BFZ
>strategy appears to be UG turbo ramp
>I have T2 griselbrand
>he has pin to earth
>draw 7, daze, he has the extra mana to pay for it
>next turn top deck iona
>discard to hand size, reanimate the following turn naming green because all his payoff cards were green, blue just seemed to be a splash
>another fucking pin to earth
>beats me to death with weenie army after I nuked half of my own health
>I get butthurt and the next 6 games I ram the archpig up his ass.
>>
>>50690443
>tfw begrudgingly support scg because they are my lgs and have legacy every Thursday.

>>50691018
pretty sure it was cardtitan, right? the ones that run eternal weekend I think.
>>
>>50691045
>oldmanyellsatclouds.jpg

I love legacy, but modern is cool too. and we don't need to stomp out frontier because it's basically tiny leaders 2.0, by which I mean it's a fan-created format that wotc hasn't actually acknowledged and will get solved and people will get bored of. it seems to be supported by poors that are salty they can't afford modern, but where will they go if frontier becomes expensive due to increased demand of staples in the format. also, any place I can play 4x dig through time is ok with me.
>>
>>50690068
>3-4 times per month
You'd get to play legacy more than some people in this thread who have had decks for a long time. Sounds worth it to me.
>>
>>50691045
Make magic great again:

Stop printing creatures to substitute abilities that should be possessed by sorceries, instants and enchanctment.
Stop printing creatures that have more value than nimble mongoose

Retcon all cards that have ante to mean remove a card from the game

Unban almost everything except power in legacy.

Unban everything in modern.
>>
>>50691262
I mean, good on you for ramming his shit in, but dear god that must have been painful to lose that first one.

I remember inducing similar salt levels when my doran treefolk standard deck beat an extended raffinity list because doran shut off cranial plating entirely, and crib swap on ravager after he sacced his entire board to it was just too funny.
>>
>>50692384
Reminds me of the time I beat a very confused MUD player with Nourishing Lich through a Chalice at a sanctioned event and 2 judges came over basically to laugh at the MUD player and the rest of the table stopped everything to gawk at my match.
>>
>>50691045
>remove modern entirely
>Bring back extended and expand it to 6~9 rotating sets
You are completly a retard? yes you are.
Imagine if we didn't have modern but extended now. it would be 4c rally vs red abzan coco on degenerated levels of midrange value creatures. lol you think it will improve later? well no. standard now is just creatures, in it's playing guide says that a deck should have at least 22-24 creatures. new players want creatures and they don't care if you feel bad about it.

So, maybe you are the memer that don't like modern, but modern is much more better than any extended could be from now on faggot. stop complaining to decks you don't like or just don't play it and grow some balls
>>
Need some advice. Been thinking about trying to sneak a 2nd abrupt decay into my maindeck, mainly due to the increased presence of Leovold But I can't decide what to remove. Do I go to 6 discard spells? Do I cut a burning wish? Do I go to 3 LEDs? Or do I go to 61 cards? Cutting something let's me free up 1 more sideboard slot too.

My list for reference: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
>>
>>50687648
Japs in general run weird brews more than others.
>>
>>50693166
racist
>>
>>50693117
I'd say cut one LED. You want to keep your 7 discard spells as an edge against things that ruin your plan and having another sideboard slot lets you get more value out of Burning Wish. While having 3 LED in the main might brick you in some games, it's not going to completely ruin everything you try if you really need that second Decay in the main.
>>
>>50693613
I cut the 4th led post board a lot anyway so I was also leaning that way. BUT I think playing 61 cards is also a valid option. Some quick math suggests that the effect it will have is very small.
>>
>>50693868
>I think playing 61 cards is also a valid option
Playing 61 is NEVER a valid option.
>>
>>50693896
Pls explain. Mathmatically the effect of the 61st card is exceedingly small. you're looking at it having an effect like 1/100 games or fewer. In an 8 round tournament, you're unlikely to notice the effect of the 61st card.
>>
Do people actually enjoy the modern format? Not trying to troll here but it seems that any potentially fun card is banned and the meta is like 5 decks that cost at least 1000+ to have. Makes me wonder why there aren't more people switching over to legacy, at least where I live
>>
>>50693961
The short answer is that 61st card increases your chances of drawing it by less than the chance that you won't draw your other cards.

Assuming cards x, y, z are 4-ofs and not in your opening hand, where x is a set with your 61st card while y and z were already 4-of in the first 60:
>Drawing x odds go from 5.6% to 7.4%
>Drawing y odds go from 7.5% to 7.4%
>Drawing z odds go from 7.5% to 7.4%

This gets much worse for 3 and 2 ofs, I'm not really familiar with ddft but if you really need that 4th LED then it's worth it to find something else to cut.
>>
>>50694424
As a clarification, it's the sum of your reduced odds being worse that makes it a bad idea, the .1% from each other card in your deck will outweigh the 1.8% of that 61st card. There is always (4olor control in lorwyn is the exception)a 61st card that raising odds on everything else is better than the one card.
>>
File: IMG_20161213_133254116~01.jpg (2MB, 4694x2962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161213_133254116~01.jpg
2MB, 4694x2962px
Just got my playmat in the mail.

Trying to think of what deck to build. I used to have Burn but it got stolen so I'm not really interested in rebuilding it. Right now I'm thinking of either Nic Fit or Aluren.
>>
>>50694814
Nic Fit seems like it would be more fun, lots of cool lines of play with Pod and Recurring Nightmare. I would imagine you could also build it on a budget pretty well, the core of Pod, Vet and Therapy is cheap.
>>
>>50694273
Yes.
>>
>>50694510
But the 61st card would be the 2nd instance of it in the deck, so you're approximately doubling your chances of drawing that card.
>>
>>50695223
Yeah, from 1.88% to 3.7%. the rest of the list still loses that .1-.4%, based on how many you run
>>
>>50694814
Who is patience mage?
>>
>>50694814
Ugh, I cringed at the text. You'd do better to have a busty anime girl on there than that garbage.
>>
>>50696046
When's the last time you got laid, you pedantic nerd?
>>
>>50696522
I'm a PATIENT mage, haha
never
>>
Bump from the gates of Hell.
>>
File: image.png (576KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
576KB, 375x523px
>>
Alright so what's everyone's least favourite deck(s) in the format? Don't need no reason or anything.
I fucking despise infect, for a lot of reasons. Other than that I don't particularly hate anything besides a small dislike of eldrazi
>>
>>50699946
<3 you too, espie

I hate elves irrationally and dnt rationally
>>
>>50699946
Probably Eldrazi, it's not particularly bad since they usually don't have a MB answer to Bridge but it's still unpleasant. Close second goes to DnT.
thanks for keeping the thread alive
>>
DDFT guy I'll br home in 20 want to xmage one round (all I have time for)
>>
>>50699946
I think for me it's probably Eldrazi. All chalice decks are cancer but eldrazi is uninteresting cancer. lately I've been hating delver decks. I think it need more practice against them, and a better sideboard plan.
>>
>>50700571
i can do that but I'll have you know I am sick right now and in a nyquil haze and I probably won't be at the top of my game.
>>
>>50696520
That's the flavor text from the card the art is from. I thought it was fitting. Although I seem to have forgotten a comma, but meh.
>>
>>50699946
The only deck I've ever had a problem with playing has been Leylines and Oops. Because they are so fucking BORING. Other than that I've never had an issue with any major or minor decks.

I secretly want to build Eldrazi but I'm poor and already building Deadguy Ale
>>
>>50700634
Give me a few mins, the lobby will be named "game" and the PW is ddft
>>
>>50700902
alright sounds good senpai. i'll be ready.
>>
>>50700902
On the woogerworks server
>>
Thanks for the games DDFT guy.
>>
>>50700571

Well I got utterly dickblasted by Miracle Man. G1 i fucked up my pile. Almost managed to make it work by passing 5 turns instead of just 1 but didn't get there. Game 2 I got blown out by blood moon.
>>
>>50701824
yeah dog we'll defintely have to play again so I can get my revenge. Next time I'll look out for blood moon.
>>
>>50701848
Y-you just told everybody the tech.
>>
>>50701860
crap
>>
>>50701870
Quick! You can delete comments!
>>
>>50702003
MUAHAHAHA IT IS TOO LATE! NOW I KNOW YOUR SECRET SPICY TECH! NOTHING CAN STOP ME!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
New mat + new sleeves = new deck (in the works.)

I've already told you guys what it is, anyone remember?
>>
>run weird meme deck someone posted last thread
>turn one a Thought-Knot Seer
>guy scoops
and a hearty kek was had.
>>
>>50702151
with sleeves like that it must be a meme.
>>
>>50702501
Hint: Of the 3 Legacy decks I'll own, this theme is MOST in line with what the deck is.
>>
File: cards.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
cards.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
How do I make titan post great again? Im gonna move into the north and depths into the side along with the warping wails. I need to make room for acnicent stirrings and the new emrakul. Oldlamog is going to get replaced with newlamog. I'd like to get some candelabras but I dont want to take out a loan. I should prolly throw a bajoka bong in their too someware as well, maybe in the side.
>>
>>50702953
>implying titan post was ever great
>>
>>50679052
Yeah man it's either that black strip, A weirdly-dimensioned-playmat (which i personally wouldn't mind)
or cropping part of the art out.
It's a decent "Library/Yard goes here" section. ymmv.
>>
>>50702953
>Monster Musume playmat
Not sure if based or autist.
>bajoka bong
i'm guessing autist ;^)

>>50702681
deathblade?
>>
>>50702985
>implying winning sometimes with best fatties isint the best feeling in magic.
>>50703132
monster musume playmat AND pink sleeves. your guess is probably right. Iv'e gotten many head shakes at my locals when people see my mat. Its entertaining.
>>
>>50699946

Death and Taxes.

In no way is it unwinnable (though I still maintain it's gotten a lot worse for Storm and Dredge over the past few months than it had been). But I guess I just don't get it. I don't see the appeal. It's a weenie deck that happens to have overpowered weenies. No explosivity; no left-field stuff. Just dude after dude.

When I beat it, I feel like I'm being an ass. When I lose to it, I feel like I'm being an ass.

I'm an ass.

As a corollary, what's /tg/leg/'s least favorite card?
>>
>>50700842
That doesn't make it better.
>>
>>50704224
Chalice of the Void.

There isn't a card in this universe I hate more than that fucking piece of shit. In every deck I play, against every deck that plays the card, it's frustrating and agitating and I want it banned in every format.
>>
>>50704378
>>50704224
I am also not a fan of Chalice. Turns off all the interesting decks. Also I hate leovold. Basically any card that prevents me from firing off a doomsday and jerking my dick.
>>
>>50704224
Any card with the infect keyword
>>
>>50704224
Abrupt Decay, it kills my Chalices. There's no better feeling than bringing in Guardian Beasts vs Decay decks and sitting behind a Chalice on 1 and a Bridge that are indestructible.
>>
File: 9SRwr3x.jpg (33KB, 274x373px) Image search: [Google]
9SRwr3x.jpg
33KB, 274x373px
Has anyone been mildly successful with this fluid druid?
>>
>>50699946
Dislike miracles. It's fine, but skill-devoid after stabilization.

Chalice decks are silly and bad, but I can see why people play them. I really want to play Angel stompy

>>50704224
Tarmogoyf. It's poor design removes any possibility of playing any other creatures in its place. Should have never been made.
>>
>>50704326
>opinions
>>
File: prelate.png (700KB, 933x697px) Image search: [Google]
prelate.png
700KB, 933x697px
I have a Doomsday puzzle for all of you and it comes from a game I just played.

You are at 5 life, they are at 18. You played the Maniac last turn and are now resolving doomsday. You're dead on board so you have to win now, and they have 1 unknown card in hand, meddling mage on Tendrils, and Sanctum Prelate on 2. What do? no cards have been exiled so you have access to any card that isn't on the field or in hand. Pic related. My list for reference: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
>>
>>50708599
LED, BS, BS, BS, X.
Tap top, draw LED. Play LED, play BS, crack LED for UUU. Play BS, play BS, play BS and win. If they did have removal, then they would have played it already in their turn. You could also have 2 other random cantrips, as long as the final cantrip is a BS.
>>
>>50708824
yup pretty simple. Having the labman to play the turn before was crucial.
>>
>>50708889
I've been meaning to ask if you are still happy running 4 Duress and 3 Therapy. I switched the numbers around and put TS in the board, as I find getting hit's against decks like D&T is pretty important and Duress can seem pretty lacklustre.
I also tried CoV mainboard as a one of, as opposed to 2 ADs. It makes for some interesting piles, but seems kinda redundant because of labman. Should I just cut CoV for something else?
>>
>>50709010
I flip flop on the duress/therapy numbers a lot. I don't really like thoughtseize though because the lifeloss can matter, and wishing for discard to nab creatures seems like it is usually too slow to actually get them. If you have lots of DnT in your meta then 4 therapy, 3 duress, with a duress in the board is what I'd go with.

CoV i think is largely obviated by Lab Man, but it does some things maniac can't, like build storm. Natural tendrils kills are easier with CoV, but I don't really think it's needed. I'd play something else over it. Depends on what the rest of your list looks like.
>>
>>50706354

>Tarmogoyf

That one's pretty high on the list of cards I despise too. Singlehandedly obsoleted all the awesome creatures from my younger days, and it's a vanilla 2-drop. The worst thing to me is that it's not as good as Delver of Secrets, yet people will buy them for the price of a dual land.

Make Psychatog great again.

>>50709010
>>50709091

In ANT, Chain of Vapor is awesome. Playing three mana rocks and Chain gets you to seven Storm count if you've got the lands.
>>
>>50709852
Goyf is on the same level as Delver. Sure, it doesn't fly, but it can be a 5/6 for 1G easily. That's a really good clock. And it's green, one of the best colors.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-31-13-36-19.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-31-13-36-19.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>50709872
The difference between goyf and delver is that delver has fairly strict deckbuilding requirements to be even decent. There's an entire archetype around it because of the specific way it requires you to construct your deck.

Goyf on the other hand requires nothing more of a deck than to be able to produce 1G and not have a combo win condition(elves, aluren, lands etc.)
>>
How do people feel about this Winter Orb tech in the delver decks? i had someone bring it in against me today and it did almost nothing, but it seems like a bad sideboard choice agianst storm decks.
>>
File: 6763846~2.jpg (91KB, 465x610px) Image search: [Google]
6763846~2.jpg
91KB, 465x610px
>>50711916
They brought it in against you? Seems bad fampai. It's supposed to be for miracles and lands.
I run one main and one side in my mono blue delver list, but it's a back to basics delver, so it's a bit different.

Can anyone redpill me on this exceptionally sweet loam-pox list before I sell my car to buy tabby?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sultai-loam-pox-2/
>>
>>50712906
Well tabernacle is real expensive. That would stop me. Stifle seems weird. LIKE if you go hellbent with a lili and then stop and start holding up 1 card, it would scream "stifle" baby jack alone is proba ly worth playing blue.
>>
>>50703132
Close. Stoneblade. But I'm collecting the pieces to make it into any -blade deck, not sure if I want to do Bant since that's currently the most successful variant.
>>
>>50699946
Nic Fit. Deck is hot garbage and I hate how people try to "tune" it and say things like, "Oh, this meta isn't good for it," as if any meta would facilitate this shitpile's success.
>>
>>50711916

Yeah; people seem to forget that Dark Ritual costs 1. I wouldn't have used it there, though I don't play Delver, so I'm not sure what the guy was thinking it'd accomplish.

>>50712906

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sultai-loam-pox-2/

Looks a bit frenetic to me; lots of singletons and doubles. Only six discards doesn't feel like enough hand disruption, and there are some things that don't really make sense in the list (Crawling Sensation, Ashiok, and Jace, the Merfolk Looter). And if it's already running Mox Diamond, why no Chalice?

It could probably go places with some tuning, esp. given how much land destruction it can bring to the table.

>>50713043

Stifle is, indeed, strange, but I think it's there to hedge out fetchlands.
>>
>>50712906
Just play Lands, Pox, or 4c Loam. There's way too much going on here.
>>
>>50714247
I'm a sucker for jeskai stoneblade with lightning angel.
>>
File: tourneyfag.jpg (22KB, 254x225px) Image search: [Google]
tourneyfag.jpg
22KB, 254x225px
who here /gplouisville/?
>>
>>50705759
That's fucking edh, go back to your containment thread
>>
>>50669110
>>50669169
RI guy probably plays at that good store that actually supports(supported?) Legacy with big fat prizes like sets of duals.

NH must be boot though, need to come down Route 13 into northern MA or something.
>>
>>50690170
>before 2003 sleeves weren't legal in tournament play
Been using sleeves during all play since 1994 t b q h f a m. Good thing I never rubbed dongs with smelly competitors in sanctioned things, would have cost much in card quality.
>>
>>50718347
Manchester has some legacy, and there's legacy up in Lebanon. And also in northern MA, so that''s not so bad.
>>
File: summonings.png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
summonings.png
175KB, 265x370px
Sorry in advance for what's possibly a stupid question, but would pic related do well in a format with Miracles and Force of Will? I've been having success with it in Standard and Modern, and was wondering if it'd also work (possibly even better) in Legacy, since the format has much more interaction and free spells.
>>
>>50719080
Free spells work good with one and two mana threats. Not 5 mana do nothing spells.
>>
>>50712906
>They brought it in against you? Seems bad fampai. It's supposed to be for miracles and lands.
I've had Winter Orb played against me twice, and I won both of those games. It really doesn't do much if the Miracle's deck hits every land drop (which it often does).
>>
>>50719080

I think five mana is too much for something that isn't cheated into play or that won't win the game on the spot. The effect is awesome, though. If there's a good way to get it into play, it might be worth some experimentation. Keep in mind that Omniscience decks already have a better option (Omniscience).

You could always try it with Dream Halls, though I wouldn't count on its being better than Omniscience-Show and Tell builds. You'd need to run stuff that can give you big tokens without costing you too much, so I'd look into free spells, untap spells (like Time Spiral), or Miracle cards. I can't think of a better enabler than Show and Tell, so you'd be competing with the aforementioned builds.

The principal problem is that it's hard to resolve a five-mana spell that doesn't have an alternate casting cost.
>>
>>50717539
I'd consider it but there's no way I'm getting both saturday and sunday off work.

2-2 tonight.

R1 vs ANT
He gets the god hand with duress hitting my force and comboing on turn 1. Game 2 he accidentally boards out PiF thinking it was his OTHER 3R spell in his main and can't win once tendrils hits the yard. Game 3 he flusterstorms my force on Ad Naus and combos out.

R2 vs High Tide
He sculpts his hand and chains 4 copies of high tide together to USZ me for 50 in response to a lethal attack. Game 2 I force his high tides and bash his head in with a swarm of tokens, game 3 he casts flash of insight for 3 and flashes it back for 8 trying to find his last combo piece on his meditate turn. He whiffs and I kill him.

R3 vs OmniTell
Game 1 he catches me with no counter for his turn 2 show and tell into omni into emrakul. Game 2 he wins the counter war for grislebrand, but puts himself at 11 when I have two DRS, a young pyromancer and 5 elemental tokens.
Game 3 I win the counter war over show and tell, but he rawdogs sneak attack next turn and drops grislebrand, then emrakul. I have no answer.

R4 vs shitbrew vampires
85 cards, no nonbasic lands, singleton, almost standard legal, and she still takes a game off me because I can't find a DRS, Delver, Bolt or Dismember in the top half of my deck, just 14 of my 18 lands. The other two games I also flood out but manage to grind out a win g2 with DRS keeping my life total positive and g3 finding gurmag angler for the first time all night.

I'm going back to ANT when I pick up this deck again, which I don't know when that'll be given the saltfest I displayed after that last round.
>>
Is Solidarity a playable deck? I was reading this:http://www.mtgsalvation.com/articles/15886-what-next-for-legacy-this-is-not-the-gearhart and I thought a lot of the guys plays were really interesting, especially the
". He says that he can Twincast an opponent's Ill-Gotten Gains. And if he has High Tide and Reset in hand, he gets infinite mana. The trick is not to let the opponent's Ill-Gotten Gains ever resolve. You let your Twincasted copy resolve and duplicate the original over and over. The game will end with the hapless opponent forced to draw a card he does not have with his spell still on the stack. He lost due to his own spell which never even resolved" Is a pretty mind-blowing win.
>>
>>50720325
i juuuust took next week off work but i'll still have enough rollover PTO after the new year to go IF the chefs will give it to me, so i'm in if i can actually get it off.

As for tonight:
2-0 Living End (technical foul: intentional memeing)
0-2 Elves (chain dork natural order is gud)
2-1 Infect (jitte is a good card)
>>
got to play a couple rounds of best format after modern last night, went 1-1.

r1 vs grixis delver
game 1 I mull two no-landers to five, he stifles my fetch, and I quickly get my dong stomped on
game 2 I put him to 9 after he blocks my elf with young pyromancer, which I didn't expect him to do

r2 vs sneak and show
g1 I keep a loose 7 - 2 inkmoth, 2 invigorate, become immense, glistener elf, brainstorm. draw verdant catacombs on my first turn. I set up a turn where I got him to force an invigorate to clear the way for become immense for lethal.
g2 I get in 1 hit with elf before he shows in emrakul. I put in corrupter and attack with both creatures on my turn. he blocks corrupter and pendelhaven takes him to 3 infect. he swings with Emmy on his turn, I stifle the annihilator trigger and eat 13 like a champ, force his blood moon, then go pendelhaven on elf -> berserk -> berserk.
>>
I played DDFT at my local weekly legacy event, but only had time for 2 rounds. I played against a friend on Shardless and won and then against miracles, losing 1-2. The games were incredibly fun against miracles.
Game 1 I started with a turn 2 ritual into DD but it was forced. I feared he would find CB which he did, but I drew my Abrupt Decay. A few turns later he laid down a mentor and next turn chained a few cantrips into a second top, which meant I was dead next turn. I had top and LED in play with 4 lands with BW and Duress in Hand. I topped EoT and saw an Ideas unbound, and 2 tops. I drew IU, cast Duress, stripping him from his Counterspell, revealing a Council's Judgement. I play a desperate IU and draw 2 tops and a LED. The second LED gave me all I needed to go BW, cracking my LEDS in response, into DD, into a standard pile.
I lost G2 after drawing no real action after keeping a 1 land hand with top.
G3 I my hand was something like 2 lands, Labman, Ritual, DD, Git Probe, Ponder. I started with Ponder, seeing 2 rituals and a DD. My opponent played a land and passed. I start with Git Probe which is met with Flusterstorm, so I try my first Ritual into DD and it resolves. I build a Shelldock/Emmy pile with Duress, Dark Ritual, DD. Things go well and Emmy hits the battlefield but he has a Terminus. I Ritual out the Labman and only have DD and Emmy in my library. I draw my card and my clever opponent Predicts me naming Emrakul, which meant I had a 4 card library again. I did end up losing to a Clique, but hot damn it was a fun game. I should have put an SDT or cantrip in the Pile, but I guess I didn't expect 2 board wipes.
>>
>>50723370
Nice. I actually like playing against miracles, which I guess is an unpopular opinion. but the games are often really interesting, and sometimes even if you cast doomsday, you're not guaranteed a win. Half the time You're trying to construct piles with multiple backup plans because you don't know what they have. Very interesting.
>>
>>50723932
Yeah, I enjoy playing against miracles, but sadly nobody in my usual playgroup plays it. We have 4c loam, S&T, infect, Reanimator, Delver, Storm, Shardless but no miracles. One of us should really proxy it for some fun games.
>>
just lost a very strange match to painter. G1 they didn't do anything and all I saw was Plateau, arid mesa, and SDT so I thought it was RW Parfait or something. Wasn't think Painter. Didn't bring in the emmy packaage g2, whiffed on a therapy, and got combo'd out. Game3 I tried to go off but bungled it and ended up making a shelldock pile with emmy and labman, but putting labman under the shell to protect against grindstone. My labman got destroyed, but emmy had shuffled doomsday back in so I built another labman pile. But the second labman got destroyed too so i lost.
>>
File: 1455446945687.jpg (4KB, 125x104px) Image search: [Google]
1455446945687.jpg
4KB, 125x104px
>tfw FLGS is closing

Hold me lads
>>
>>50726813
Also, on a sidenote, added a singleton Price of Progress and a singleton Snapcaster Mage in the sideboard to my Grixis Delver List. I removed a Pithing Needle and a Winter Orb, so now I'm down to 1 Orb.

Personally, the deck plays tempo so much that I'm happy to have extra damage coming in, and some potential card advantage from Snappy.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 303x166px
>>50726813
My LGS was a Hastings entertainment, which went out of business because they couldn't compete with amazon so iktfb.
>>
>>50726936
>My LGS was a Hastings entertainment, which went out of business because they couldn't compete with amazon so iktfb.

Damn, brutal. Sorry about that my dude. My store was robbed and their rent doubled too - ridiculously tough luck
>>
File: 1360726059660.gif (974KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
1360726059660.gif
974KB, 500x209px
>>50726936
I fucking loved Hastings. That shit legitimately broke my heart.
>>
>>50721759
my biggest problem is that I'm a dirty proxyfag who doesn't actually own LEDs or Duals or Flusterstorms. I don't own infernal tutors either but they're cheap enough to pick up on college part timer salary if I need to.
>>
>>50727001
Damn, that's terrible.

I had one store close on me in 2009, they went too far in on YGO and a big reprint set cost them about 10k in inventory because they were buying everything.
>>
>>50721625
It was playable when DTT was legal.
>>
I know this is unlikely to help much, but there's a proxy vintage even coming up in a month, winner gets a volc, 2nd place gets a FoW, paying EMA packs to the top8.

Anyone know that format enough to recommend a deck and how it works? Again, money is no object because lol proxies
>>
>>50729481
If you know nothing about the format find a recent oath of Druids list and proxy that up. oath let's you just swing your fat meatbat around and win and is probably the best bet for a total vintage novice.
>>
Is it worth it to get into Legacy on MTGO?
>>
>>50729481
I would suggest eldrazi, watch sone games of it and you will pick up the nuances and subtleties of the deck but usually it just plays itself.
T1 mimic
T2 TKS
T3 smasher
T4 anything then win the game
>>
>>50729869
I've been wondering this myself recently. One legacy fnm a week is not enough to fill my needs. My friends are all bums when it comes to the format and refuse to buy into it or play it at all for unknown reasons seeing as most of them are ok with throwing all their money at modern and edh.
>>
>>50729948
One a month not one a week.
>>
>>50729968
>One a month not one a week.
>One Legacy event a month
Saddest thing I've read all week
>>
>>50730069
my lgs has standard fnm, modern once a week, and legacy never. modern is usually 4-man
>>
>>50729948

Legacy's got a weird reputation as being "the place where people do ridiculous things that make the game unfun." They often don't realize that they're not exempt from doing so themselves.

I personally think doing ridiculous things is awesome, and that the format caters to tight play, decisive clashes, and awesome turnarounds.

I've been pushing it at the local for some time, but it's really hard to get people to sell their Tarmogoyfs and buy better cards. I think once people have started to invest in a format, it's tough to change tracks for one they haven't played as much.

>>50729968

Ugh. That's tough, man. I only get 3-round weeklies, and they keep getting displaced by Modern qualifiers because they draw a lot more people. Goddamned jungle out here.
>>
I feel bad. Everyone talking about having a hard time finding games at their lgs. I have two store that run events. One on Wednesday days and the other one dose 2 events Friday night. I never go to them cause i never feel like doing anything after work.
>>
>>50732080
Fuk u
>>
>>50732080
My "local" store rotates Commander and Standard FNM, plays Modern once a month(usually 4 players show up), and anything else never.
>>
>>50729481
>Anyone know that format enough to recommend a deck and how it works? Again, money is no object because lol proxies

Best decks right now from what I've seen are Eldrazi (specifically a white variant called Jacodrazi), Oath of Druids, and Stax Shops.

Paradoxical Outcome is a strong deck but there's too much hate in Vintage.

>>50729903
Literally this, the deck plays itself. Very few ways to make mistakes imo

>>50728464
>I had one store close on me in 2009, they went too far in on YGO and a big reprint set cost them about 10k in inventory because they were buying everything.

Jeez, that's insane. Probably had tons of thefts too given what I've heard about the YGO playerbase
>>
>>50733150
It wouldn't surprise me. Though the shop I had from 2011 until I moved to ohio in 2014 got robbed once, but they owner had enough of his stuff insured so he lost very little in terms of capital.

In what I'm sure is unrelated, a new guy showed up to FNM every week for the next few months in a squad car.
>>
>>50732080
and just to add to that, a bunch of the regulars keep trying to get people/stores into vintage. An im just like shieeeet I JUST finished burn.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 400x388px
>no coverage of the legacy gp

who else /RAGE/ here?
>>
File: Elias.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elias.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50734615
>>
>>50734615
>>50734739

Bad times friend ahead
>>
>>50728868
That's a shame, it looks like a fun deck.
>>
>tfw all these swell guys being sad about not having more than one legacy event per month/week
And here I am being the only guy with a legacy deck within an hour drive and none of my friends want to proxy a deck.
>>
>>50734615

Retards still posting old meme pepe from 2013
>>
Alright my dudes it's 4am. I'm sick as fuck and can't sleep, and I'm going to a legacy tournament in a few hours to play for dual lands. I preregistered and paid my entry fee so I'm not calling out. And the only deck I have with me is DDFT. I can't audible to belcher. Wish me fucking luck. Today is the day my deck may actually kill me.
>>
>>50737841
>legacy tournament

There's no such thing.
>>
>>50729481
Dredge.
Surely nobody will have sideboard for you, and if the do you just make a transitional sideboard into Dark depths and let them sit there with their cages and RIP's unusable.
>>
Is slamming 3x counterbalance and 2x top into shardless BUG an excellent or terrible idea?
>>
>>50740055
NO! Counter top is cancer and needs to die.
>>
>>50740055
It doesn't sound optimal but it never hurts to try to out
>>
Called an audible. Not bringing my decks to Japan. There just isn't enough time in this vacation to take a day playing Legacy.
>>
>>50740055
I've seen BUG Countertop but not in Shardless.
>>
File: choza.png (253KB, 456x343px) Image search: [Google]
choza.png
253KB, 456x343px
>>50740074
Lel kid go back to standard safespace
>>
>>50740638
>>50740251
I guess the idea would be to have a grindier match up against other blue decks and reinforce the card advantage inherent to shardless.
>>
Is Rishadan Port losing ground in D&T? I see more and more lists with Ghost Quarter instead of it

I sure hope so because Port is the only expensive card I still need for D&T
>>
Round 1 bye motherfuckers. 1 fewer round that I have to play doomsday while coughing my guts up.
>>
File: 20161217_121417.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_121417.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
Rate my deck I'm taking out next week for a local tournament
>>
>>50741601
Piles of expensive jank are the best janks.
>>
>>50741601
>>50741601
Nice fake duals. The "worn" corners almost got me.
>>
>>50741161
>Is Rishadan Port losing ground in D&T? I see more and more lists with Ghost Quarter instead of it

No idea, but I can see why because instead of forever locking a land for more greedy manabases, you just kill it straight up instead. Can even do it to basics.
>>
>>50741720
The problem is, you have no way to recur. GQ is best in Lands because of loam.
>>
>>50741749
>The problem is, you have no way to recur. GQ is best in Lands because of loam.

Sure, you get more utility out of Rishadan, but I could see more low-to-the-ground builds of DNT using Ghost Quarter more effectively as Wasteland 5+
>>
>>50741161
No. GQ might be what people run for budget reasons, but Port is just a bonkers card.

I'm trying to build up the Legacy scene in the Southeast US, centered around the Smoky Mountains region. Does anyone know any of the smaller regional facebook groups? I'm trying to create one overarching one to advertise more easily
>>
>>50741720
>>50741749
>>50742047
I think the idea is that port is too slow versus Eldrazi where GQ is just waste 5-8 versus them
>>
>>50742074
I don't think that matchup is bad enough or prevalent enough to warrant losing one of your best cards against miracles
>>
File: pixlr_20161015221424866.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20161015221424866.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>50741309
(つ _)つTAKE MY ENERGYDDFT GUY(つ _)つ

I believe in you. Win those duals.
>>
>>50742231
Well I beat ANT in round 2. 2-0 now.
>>
>>50742395
How many rounds?
Anything spicy you see there?
Are you drinking enough liquids?
Do you have snacks?
>>
>>50742619
It's five rounds. Prizes are duals out to the top 8. Spiciest deck is food chain. I have liquids and snacks. AND I WON ROUND 3.
>>
>>50742395
Well, I won my first match of DDFT. It was fucking awful though, vs Esper Deathblade. We traded discard spells and Brainstorms for about 10 minutes, both ended up in topdeck mode then I had to wish for The Drills and cast it for storm count 6 to save myself from Lingering Souls since I brought Massacre into maindeck after losing G1 (what a mistake). Eventually I topdecked my first copy of Doomsday with 17 cards left in my library and cast it for the worst pile ever conceived comprised of Probe Probe Therapy Duress Lab Man. I won a few turns later after clearing out his hand and casting Lab Man then tapping Top.
>>
>>50742978
so are you good to draw in now? good luck f a m
>>
>>50743027
That's my boy. I've been doing a lot of pass the turn piles today but they're working so im not complaining.
>>
>>50743065
I'm trying sure. IF I can double draw I will. I should be top place right now. Definitely if I win one of the next 2 rounds I'm locked. Feels weird to only play 2 round's and top 8, so I kind of hope I cant draw.
>>
>>50743076
Do you have a "default" pile that you go for if you know your opponent doesn't have disruption?
>>
>>50743482
It always depends a bit on the situation but default storm pile looks like IU, LED. LED, GP, BW.

In other news, I got ravaged in my last round by the most hateful maverick list I've ever seen, so I'm 3-1, and I need to win to get top 8. I don't think I can get in if I end up 3-2.
>>
Here with my second version of my new deck, what do you guys think?

pic unrelated

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghosts-not-goblins/
>>
>>50744540
needs more disruption
>>
>>50744558
Some dazes do you think?
>>
I MADE TOP 8 BOYS
>>
>>50744744
congrats yo. are you guys splitting or playing it out?
>>
>>50744879
We played. I bombed out. Lost to omnisneak. Mulled to 5 game 1 and got crushed. Kept a regrettable 7 in game 2, played bad and got punished. But I won a dual. Also there is a stream and I was in 2 feature matches, I'll try to find a link. Might reveal my identity though so I'm not sure if I want to post.
>>
>>50745052
Congrats Bruh, what dual did you get? Scrubland?
I'm going to a GPT for Louisville tomorrow. I'll tell everyone how I do.
>>
>>50745154
I'm hoping for a scrubland. Not sure what it is yet because it depends on how the first round of top 8 plays out. Good luck in your gpt senpai. Rooting for ya
>>
>>50745241
Got the scrubland. I think I might pick up a tundra and fool around with the old school silence doomsday lists.
>>
>>50745241
>>50745478
>go 4-1 while puking guts out
>playing doomsday fetchland motherfucking tendrils

You sir are a god among anons and I hold you in incredible esteem for your accomplishments.
>>
>>50745478
Bro send me the Scrubland I need it for Deadguy.
>>
Fairly new to Legacy. I want to play Deathrite Shaman and Stoneforge Mystic. What's the best death/stoneblade version?

Why doesn't Maverick have 4 Stoneforge and Batterskull?

Is the plan just to Thalia and DRS them?

Is Knight of the Reliquary just to get big and beat down? Why is it in the deck?
>>
>>50745659
I wasn't puking, just hacking up a lung. Did have some real deal nyquil diarrhea last night though.
>>
>>50745849
Esper Deathblade, Bant Stoneblade, Maverick, Junk boringblade.

Personally I like the bant or junk ones.
>>
So I slowly started building RUG delver, I have everything but the lands.
It looks like it's not putting up results as it use to. So should I go to the Sultai Delver route or should I go to the Shardless Sultai route?
>>
>>50744540
Looks fun, but as with a lot of tribal decks you have to stop and ask; is this better than meathooks/merfolk?.
>>
File: 20161217_154706.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_154706.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
who here /power/?
>>
File: 1472652088473.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1472652088473.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>50747029
Wew lad
>>
>>50747029
>>50747145
>1) Names are allowed for denoting what deck you play
>>
>>50745849
Esper Stoneblade is the best overall version. Esper Deathblade has everything you're looking for. Maverick doesn't need Batterskull to win and doesn't have the space for it anyways. Maverick's plan is to outvalue with GW creatures and be a toolbox deck, not unlike Moden CoCo decks.
>>
>play some casual legacy on the side during edh night
>sns player has t1 SNT with force backup dropping emrakul
>shiiiiiet
>sideboard in blazing archon and entomb/reanimate on t2, win the counter fight
>he picks it up and reads it
>picks it up and reads it again
>audible wtf
>says he's never seen that card and has a mini-melt down
>scoops it up
>g3 my first 7 had tidespout tyrant, decide to gamble on it
>he goes for the SNT
>Lmao@hislife

Damn I wish legacy events would actually fire here. Everyone with a legacy deck is always working so there's never enough of us at the store on any given night
>>
Bump from oblivion.
Do we need a new thread?
>>
>>50749031
Ye
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.