[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 31

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Late night comfy edition. What makes your characters comfy and happy? What are they doing while being comfy?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread
>>
>>50639236

Old thread >>50633344
>>
> What makes your characters comfy and happy?
A good book, some nice cider, and song and music of a certain someone.
>>
>>50639236
He's recovering at the party's demiplanar base, a village they rescued from the clutches of an orc invasion by shunting it into another dimension. Has it really been almost ten years since that day? He's dozing off in front of the fire with his head in his wife's lap, his six-year-old daughter snuggled tight against his side. He doesn't have to head back out for a few more days, at least. Thank the gods for small mercies.
>>
>monk deflects an arrow
>it was a crit
>it's deflected into me instead

Should I be upset? Because this made me very salty.
>>
File: rolling-dice.jpg (200KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
rolling-dice.jpg
200KB, 1024x731px
Hey, quick rules question. What happens if I were to empower one of the spells in the Path of Numbers lime? For example, the Lucky Number spell. Would my target get two possible options to get the bonus on?

>>50639236

>What makes your characters comfy and happy? What are they doing while being comfy?

A good book, some peace and quiet, and the company of his pet dog. Standard mage things.
>>
>>50639358
thats not how that works, the DM was being a shitter

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/deflect-arrows-combat
>>
>>50639383

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/snatch-arrows-combat---final
>>
>>50639394
That would not deflect the same attack back at you

Throw back arrows requires a new attack roll

YOUR DM = SHITTER
>>
>>50639403
I wasn't the attacker. I was just near the monk when he deflected the arrow. So it went to me instead.
>>
>>50639456
THATS
NOT
HOW
IT
WORKS
YOUR
DM
IS
A
SHITTER
>>
>>50639456
So what, your ALLY monk redirected a fucking arrow into you?
>>
>>50639509
thats what i'm getting, which is why i've been saying his DM is a SHITTER

Because he's actively punishing him for taking a bad feat and playing a bad class, like, the fuck?
>>
Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to find games to apply to but am really bad at siphoning through the shit on roll20. Can someone help me find games to apply to? Suggestions on ones to look at and the like.

pls
>>
>>50639527

RotJR

Hands down the best game on roll20
>>
>>50639236
>Late night comfy edition. What makes your characters comfy and happy? What are they doing while being comfy?
My last character was a combination commander of what amounted to misfit special forces as well as running an planarly famous dance squad.

He was also a family man. Spending time with his wife and children helped him to relax, and unfortunately his wife and children often got threatened.

The most comfy he is would be spending time with his old war buddies drinking and playing cards while his kids play in the other room.

Last adventure I almost screwed that up by dying for the second time and having my soul actual destroyed.
>>
>>50639560
cruel
>>
>>50639520

>deflect arrow
>bad feat
>>
>>50639562

Not my fault the best games are the ones that are not running.
>>
>>50639560
I've already applied to it.
>>
>>50639563
Deflect Arrows
>deflect one projectile attack once a ROUND
>can only protect self
>garbage dex build faggotry
>requires a free hand and shitty preqs
>only goes into shitty feats

Cut from the air
>deflect as many attacks as you have AOOs
>can protect yourself and those adjacent
>glorious strength build
>doesn't require a free hand, prereqs are strength, and weapon training which is easily acquired and valuable
>goes into fucking amazing feats

Deflect arrows is a garbage trap option.
>>
>>50639236
Aranha likes looking at the stars. Or just hanging out outside at night. Pontificating on the world. Enjoying the quiet, watching the world sleep.

Sandpoint's not cold enough to bother her through her spiderfuzz/exoskeleton, so a few times she's just fallen asleep on some otherwise inaccessible rooftop.
>>
I'm ok with Smash from the Air deflecting pretty much every spell except disintegrate, which makes no sense because that's not how disintegrate works. It should effect the sword like disintegrate does to anything it touches.
>>
>>50639520
>>50639509
We're also playing with extended/exploding crits. Rolling either a 1 or a 20 means you roll again, for as many times as you roll a 1 or 20.

I've seen skeletons fall over and explode from rolling three 1's in a row. Nameless soldiers have stabbed a golem with a spear and made it explode. One time I rolled two 1's on my initiative and ended up knocked out for the entire encounter because of "the residual effects of the oracle's Color Spray he used in that spot a minute ago."

90% of rolls are done privately by the DM. The only rolls we see are attack and damage rolls we make ourselves. We've never seen him actually roll anything.

This whole game I've been actively trying to avoid having to roll ever, forcing others to instead. The constant fear of suddenly outright dying just because the dice said so isn't great.
>>
>>50639617
Just like how fire should affect the sword? Or acid?

There's a little thing called being That Damn Good.

Hell, there's even precedent. Ray Shield's stamina trick lets you protect your shield from whatever you're bouncing away, so you could do it with a shield too.

>>50639626
Okay, your DM isn't a shitter.

What he is is a fucking TURBOFAGGOT.

Like god damn. My sympathies.
>>
>>50639617
No, stop that. It doesn't have to make sense, it's supernaturally effecting the spell. Stop placing "logical" limits on non-casters in a world with dragons and wizards shooting fireballs out of their ass.
>>
>>50639626
oh

Your DM is a retard and probably isn't rolling at all

My condolences. You're being novel'd
>>
>>50639637
It isn't though. Feats are Ex unless otherwise stated, not Su.

>>50639636
I would rather it effect the sword honestly.
>>
>>50639653
Well fine, even EX abilities don't have to obey reality. It's still a shitty excuse to fuck over characters who don't need to be fucked over even more.
>>
>>50639653
You're complaining about the 'reality' of a fucking disintegration spell.
>>
>>50639673
>>50639657
I more just want it to consistent with the shield reflection which does have it effect the shield. I believe combat stamina came after Smash from the Air. So I suppose it is a change Paizo decided on making. I suppose that's fine. I think the base version of the shield feat should change rather than being a stamina trick.
>>
>>50639688
>FUCK MARTIALS

kys
>>
>>50639592

>cut from the air
>requires lots of feat investment
>deflect arrows
>monks get it for free

hmmmmmmm
>>
>>50639688
Combat Stamina was before Weapon Master's, boyo.
>>
>>50639688
>>50639673
>>50639657
What I am also wondering is what you actually do that renders the disintegrate ray non-functional. Or the other spells you hit.

It doesn't really describe it in the feat description.
>>
>>50639706
Bounce it.
>>
>>50639706
>The feat doesn't describe how to block every type of spell
>Let's fuck over non-casters.
>>
>>50639699
No I'm saying the base feat should be changed rather than have it be a stamina trick to buff it.

>>50639704
When did Combat Stamina come out? Was it in Unchained? I thought it was later.
>>
>>50639700
>deflect arrows being a bonus feat makes it better

No it really doesn't, deflecting ONE RANGED ATTACK A ROUND is pure garbage.
>>
>>50639713
But if you bounce the spell it should effect something. You more render it non-functional.

>>50639714
No I'm just wondering how the fighter makes the spell not work. Because he is not deflecting it, he is cutting it.

Asking for clarification doesn't mean I want to fuck over martials.
>>
>>50639721
If you're playing a monk well enough you should have a high enough AC that being able to deflect one ranged attack a round should be all you need.
>>
>>50639721

deflecting ONE RANGED ATTACK A ROUND is probably all you're going to get at low levels
>>
>>50639734
No its literally a waste of a bonus feat.
>>
>>50639738
it doesn't matter because its garbage at low levels too.

Its literally better to take dodge.
>>
>>50639719
Stamina was Unchained I believe, yes.

>>50639721
To be fair, it's not COMPLETE garbage. It's one attack you don't need an AoO for, or have to roll for. So you could use that one for the first iterative, then use Cut/Smash for the later ones.

>>50639732
By being That Damn Good.

How the hell does Spellcut work? That doesn't even affect projectiles or nothing, you can use that to cut a fucking explosion.
>>
>>50639747
Uhhh, why not both? Like, I'm playing The One build myself, and I've purchased a couple potions of Shield and Mage Armor that all together get my AC to 30 at level 6. With all of that put together being able to catch an arrow a round is literally all I need because unless the opponent rolls unbelievably high I'm nigh untouchable.
>>50639752
Clearly it's with the power of anime.
>>
>>50639752
>How the hell does Spellcut work? That doesn't even affect projectiles or nothing, you can use that to cut a fucking explosion.
Why is Spellcut so bad? Your total save should always be higher than you BaB.
>>
>>50639763
there's literally better feats you can take. Shit you can get combat reflexes

A single ranged attack is going to do piss all damage.
>>
>>50639732
Maybe he just hit the blast so damn fast/strongly that he destroyed it before it could HAVE an effect.

Like running your hand through a fire, you do it fast enough and it doesn't burn.

>>50639763
You don't need anime to be That Damn Good.

>>50639764
Really? Your flat bonus on will saves as a Fighter should be over 20? You know you still get to roll too, right?

>>50639772
It's two attacks if it's a bow user. It stops both arrows off Manyshot since they're one attack roll.
>>
>>50639779
Over 20 AT 20, my mistake.
>>
>>50639772
If you're playing a ranged build like I am though you shouldn't NEED to get Combat Reflexes, that's what I'm saying. Getting Snatch Arrow is for those times that the opponent somehow manages to get past an AC that's absurdly high and keeps you from getting any damage whatsoever.
>>
>>50639797
thats still garbage.
>>
>>50639779
>Maybe he just hit the blast so damn fast/strongly that he destroyed it before it could HAVE an effect.
But that's not how spells work, they potent the second they leave your fingertips if you're firing a ray.
>>
>>50639811
You complained about realism then say 'that's not how spells work'

Would you care to rescind your position to reclaim what little self-worth you can from this exchange?
>>
>>50639779
>Really? Your flat bonus on will saves as a Fighter should be over 20? You know you still get to roll too, right?
Yes, if it isn't you're doing something very wrong.
>>
>>50639797
>playing a ranged build

"A zen archer’s bonus feats must be taken from the following list:

Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Dodge, Far Shot, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Rapid Shot.

At 6th level, the following feats are added to the list:

Focused Shot*, Improved Precise Shot, Manyshot, Mobility, and Parting Shot*.

At 10th level, the following feats are added to the list:

Improved Critical, Pinpoint Targeting, Shot on the Run, and Snatch Arrows."

So many better feats to take. so fucking many.
>>
>>50639816
>You complained about realism then say 'that's not how spells work'

I'm not complaining about realism, I was more complaining about consistency for how spell effects work. At no point did I mention realism.
>>
>>50639826

>THESE SPELLS NEED TO BEHAVE IN A CONSISTENT MANNER

>PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE LITERALLY BENDING REALITY TO THEIR WHIM

>THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT A MARTIAL IS ABLE TO DO THINGS TO THESE GLORIOUS SPELLS AND NOT BE PUNISHED BY DESTROYING HIS EQUIPMENT

>ITS NOT LIKE MARTIAL CHARACTERS WILL BECOME NIGH UNFUNCTIONING IF YOU DISINTEGRATE THEIR +5 SWORD

kys.
>>
>>50639236
Floating in the sea of thought and emotion while meditating with her psicrystal.

She's started to build a mythal-like psionic structure to protect the city that she lives in and connecting her psicrystal to it allows her to tap into it more thoroughly. It allows her to read the surface emotions of people in her city and she likes just wandering there.

Wilders are wierd yo.
>>
>>50639821
Okay, so I'm not exactly what one'd call well versed in level 20 optimization, but how does a poor-save'd class get it that high without just jacking a stat into the fucking stratosphere.

Base +6, cloak for +5, that's 11... Even taking Armed Bravery and nabbing all three items which jack up Bravery's bonus, that still only puts you at... 19.

And that's just for will, what about Reflex? With Fighter's Reflexes giving a +6, they end up at 17, unless they were a dexguy.
>>
>>50639837
I think spells should behave in a consistent manner. I think consistency is better for the game for the most part.

The sword would still have a saving throw though and use the fighter's.

Though it seems Paizo is moving towards deflecting/destroying spells with martial skill. So I think the ray reflection feat should chance to be consistent with Smash from the Air and not have the shield be effected.
>>
>>50639825
Speaking of the Zen Archer, I noticed a while back that a couple of those feats have asterisks next to them, does anyone know what that's about?
>>
>>50639872
this character has gained mythic ranks and is slowly ascending to godhood. She's stopped aging, needing to eat and etc.

This is when she's not crafting psionic items.
>>
>>50639879
heh
>shields getting nice things.
>>
>>50639879
It ISN'T affected.

If you're GOOD ENOUGH.

See where this is going?
>>
>>50639456
That's not how it works. Deflect arrows is literally "Once per round, when something makes a ranged attack at you that isn't like a boulder or a ballista bolt or fire or some shit, you say "no" and the ranged attack fails".

You dont fucking bounce it off to some other target. It would be like it hitting a wall, doing no damage, stopping and falling to the ground. The attack does *nothing*, your DM is a cunt.
>>
>>50639876
http://pastebin.com/YA3rRptE

+48 to will saves against mind effecting.
+39 against spell/spell-like/SU
+32 against everything else
>>
>>50639932
don't post autism fighter as a real example.
>>
>>50639932
>Autism Fighter
>Any kind of motherfucking reasonable

Fuck off.
>>
>>50639900
Only if you spend combat stamina. The base version of the feat should be changed to get buffed.
>>
>>50639626
So things have a 1/400 or 1/8000 chance of just having silly shit happen? No fucking thank you.

That's as fucking dumb as the "roll a natural 20 on an acrobatics check to jump - blast off to the fucking moon" nonsense.
>>
>>50639940
He asked for level 20 optimization.

>>50639947
He didn't ask for reasonable.
>>
>>50639966
anytime someone posts autism fighter they lose the argument.
>>
>>50639966
>If you don't have 20+ saves, you're doing something wrong
>How do
>Autism Fighter

The implication was that if you're not Autism Fighter, you're doing it wrong. Which makes me want to shove a fucking corkscrew up your ass.
>>
>>50639721
When it's a bonus feat you get at level 1 and you're not facing 5 - 15+ ranged attacks a round, yeah deflect arrows is pretty decent. Negating a single attack at low levels is pretty okay.

Not saying this makes the monk good or anything, but overall it's "okay". If it scaled up as you leveled it would be pretty cool.
>>
>>50639932

Autism Fighter can be beaten by 'Any guy with free room for 2 feats' and a stealth focus.
>>
>>50639987
?
>>
>>50639985
If deflect arrows scaled at all, it wouldn't be nearly as garbage as it is.
>>
>>50639987
or failing that, Wizard Kill Teams.
>>
>>50640003
Honestly you could fix a lot of "bad" feats by just giving them fucking scaling.
>>
>>50640003

It's a pretty decent feat as a whole. Low investment compared to the other one.
>>
>>50639987
They can hide from him, but how do they beat him?
>>
>>50640017
cut from the air is worth the investment, where Deflect Arrows rapidly becomes a waste
>>
>>50640020
wizard kill teams.
>>
>>50640017
Pretty much.

It's one attack you just don't have to worry about.

The thing is, if you scaled it to the level you could meaningfully affect multiple attackers' damage output, you'd be fucking immune to just one guy.

I don't think it's that bad if you're unarmed anyway. Less investment than Cut From The Air, more reliable, doesn't take AoOs.

And as I said before, you can always take both, using Deflect Arrows to eat the first iterative, then Cut to deal with the following ones.
>>
>>50640032
Cut from Air line is pretty fucking reliable by the time it comes online.
>>
>>50640058
Yeah, but not infallible.

Deflect Arrows is one attack you just ain't gotta worry about. It makes the whole defense a little more solid. Doubly so if it's a bowguy, since it eats two arrows from Manyshot.

And if it's not a bowguy, you have a bunch less to worry about anyway.
>>
On a tangentially related note, why the fuck is Shatterspell dwarf-only?
>>
>>50639886
No but seriously does anyone know what those asterisks mean? I mean, if you're playing even a remotely good Zen Archer I'm fairly certain that those feats in particular make use of ability scores that you're not going to be using, so do they mean that you use Wisdom instead of those other ability scores to determine the boost you'd get?
>>
>playing human Fighter/War Priest gestalt
>use human FCB for more feats
>20 bonus combat feats
So friends, what should I spend all these feats on? Assume I have no feat tax relief rules and 3pp is not on the table.
>>
>>50640188
As well here is a question. What does Adamantine actually look like?
>>
>>50640188
why.
>>
File: Adamant_bar_detail.png (11KB, 755x523px) Image search: [Google]
Adamant_bar_detail.png
11KB, 755x523px
>>50640222
>>
>>50640229
Reasons. I am considering finally getting a lot of combat maneuver feats.
>>
>>50639592
>weapon training is easily acquired
In what manner can you get weapon training other than Fighter 5?
>>
>>50640188
>Smash from the Air feat line
>Shield Brace+Shielded Caster shield mastery feats w/Nodachi as weapon
>Obedience feat(s)
>More adv weapon training choices via feats
All of this
>>
>>50640245
>>50640238
Do dirty trick, it's the only one that's worth it. With Combat Stamina the Dirty Trick lines means you can really easily inflict nauseated.
>>
>>50640242
martial focus
>>
>>50640273
Only for Weapon Mastery feats, remember. It doesn't count as weapon training for anything else.
>>
Can I use multiple special materials for a piece of armor? Or can I change a special armor (like Celestial Plate) and add new enchantment/make it out of a special material?
>>
>>50640282
Anon

What kind of feats are cut from the air ect?
>>
>>50640303
Just saying. At least a few times people have thought it'd let them get at AWTs with 'count as fighter levels for feats' things.
>>
>>50640188

Kitsune Tricks and Dirty Trick Master
>>
>>50640374

Also, Cloak and Dagger Tactics
>>
>>50640401
You can't do two styles at once though can you?
>>
>>50640422

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/weapon-mastery-feats/weapon-style-mastery-style-weapon-mastery
>>
If I demoralize someone with intimidate it makes them shaken. Can I use a spell or something to make that shaken turn into frightened? I am trying to figure out the wording on it and it is confusing me.
>>
>>50640603
No, shaken from intimidate doesn't stack with itself nor with anything else. There is one exception w/Damnation feats though with which intimidating twice causes frightened.
>>
>>50640665
>Damnation feats

Where can I find those? Just on SRD?
>>
So, how do I build a Living Legend Soulknife without rerolling as a Kineticist? Do I just go specializing in a specific Mythic Path or branch out?
>>
>>50640701
Why would anyone considrer rerolling into Kineticist? It's easily the worst class in the game.
>>
>>50640775
Some faggot anon from the last thread says otherwise.
>>
>>50640788
may have meant a kineticist psion
>>
>>50640788
Then you got trolled man. Kineticist is bad.
Living Legend Soulknife is pretty good as far as I've heard, never played one or was in a game with one though.
>>
>>50640701
Most people specialize in one Path, two at most.
>>
>>50640693
>Just on SRD?
Yes. You need Soulless Gaze.
>>
>>50639236
>Late night comfy edition. What makes your characters comfy and happy? What are they doing while being comfy?

He enjoys a nice cup of hot coffee by the fire while he sharpens and polishes his weapons and armor, and ponders the meaning of Justice and Valor in a wicked world.
>>
File: Angel.jpg (562KB, 1600x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Angel.jpg
562KB, 1600x1167px
What's a good class to play if I enjoy playing the cleric class?
>>
>>50641757
Oracle.
>>
>>50641757

Cleric. Oracle. Inquisitor.
>>
File: Succubus-Incubus.jpg (181KB, 1277x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Succubus-Incubus.jpg
181KB, 1277x1049px
>>50641778
>>50641782
Oracle doesn't feel inferior because of the Spells Known Gap?

What are some fun curses?
>>
>>50641812

The most optimal is wolf-scarred face and deaf as they negate each others penalties. The downside is your face has a muzzle. Which you know.

I have played Blackened and Lame for a fire worshiper and Oradin respectively.
>>
File: qt tiefling 12.png (988KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
qt tiefling 12.png
988KB, 1200x1500px
>>50641853
How well does Oradin play out over the levels?

Did losing out on a mostly irrelevant favored class bonus irritate you, or did you play as a half-elf for that reason?
>>
>>50641878
You seem oddly focused on mechanics my friend.
If you just want to be the best try Exploiter Pact Wizard
>>
>>50641878

I was gestalting and took the hit point at every level. It was fun for a class that heals in pathfinder.
>>
I'm trying to decide between Skald or Magus. It's a goddamn struggle. They both sound cool as fuck.
>>
>>50641959
Try making partial builds of one each, particularly if you are starting at a low level?
>>
>>50641959
Skald is way more fun to play. Magus is miserable when you realize that you have a amount of trap options and that "shocking grasp" will be two words you'll grow to hate.
>>
>>50642040
a disproportionate amount*
>>
>>50642040
This. Skald is more fun AND involves directly helping your homies with rage shit, instead of being a gloryhog shockfaggot.
>>
>>50641853
Zero penalty curses are the most boring ones
>>
>>50641959
Magus is limited
>>
>>50641959
Magus has only one viable build. Go skald.
>>
File: 1460286628359.png (396KB, 748x843px) Image search: [Google]
1460286628359.png
396KB, 748x843px
Hey /pfg/, got a question for you, I'm making a 'bloodbound" crusader type and would appreciate any aid.

Would the Holy Vindicator's "Stigmata" ability benefit from the "Stanching" armor enchantment? The Stigmata reads as :
"Activating stigmata causes bleed damage equal to half the vindicator’s class level, and this bleed damage is not halted by curative magic".
Stanching reads:
" Stanching armor reduces hit point damage, ability damage, or ability drain by an amount equal to its enhancement bonus if the damage or drain was from a bleed effect."

Would I be correct in saying then that the armor effect would apply to the Stigmata as it is not a Cure spell, and does not directly halt it but instead mitigates damage?

Thanks for the help!
>>
>>50642167
By my reading this is valid.
By the way if you go down the Holy Vindicator path consider Vildeis' Celestial obedience for the glorious third boon:

3: Martyr's Blood (Su) You are immune to bleed effects. Whenever you would be affected by a bleed effect, all enemies within 30 feet gain the bleeding condition instead as though they were the effect’s original targets (no save; creatures immune to bleeding are immune to this affect). The Heal DC to stop this supernatural bleeding is 20 rather than 15.
>>
>>50641878

Holy heck that Tiefling is beautiful!
>>
>>50642187
>So pious all the bitches around you start bleeding out they hands

Fuck
>>
>>50642212
With Vildeis it would most likely be the eyes that start bleeding as she cut hers out.
>>
File: qt tiefling 11.png (2MB, 1624x1492px) Image search: [Google]
qt tiefling 11.png
2MB, 1624x1492px
>>50642197
Must be a Pitborn for that tasty +2 CHA.

Can't remember the artist's name, but they have a whole mess of nice pictures like that one, iirc
>>
>>50642187
Ooh, and you could use that feat from Horror Adventures that lets you cause bleeding yourself to blind a target. Then maybe throw in Burning Blood.
>>
>>50642259
Why not also go Martyr Paladin? For generating inspire courage and co. for bleeding yourself.
>>
>>50642279
>>50642259
>>50642218
>>50642212
>>50642167
>>50642187

Why is this concept so cool? Why have I not played this?
>>
>>50642298
because you were not aware of it
>>
>>50642298
The PRC is best entered via oracle.
>>
>>50642298
Because we are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Fear the old blood.

Also because the third boon of celestial obedience comes onlie at 20 HDs, 18 with diverse obedience. Sooner if you are a mystery cultist but then you have trouble fitting holy vindicator in
>>
>>50642335
usually you take levels in both Oracle and Paladin to abuse SWIFT ACTION HEALS
>>
https://app.roll20.net/join/1816336/n5VZkg

Shilling for Mummy's mask, come for the loot, stay for beating up monster girls.
>>
>>50642342

Oh that is why. Goddamn it paizo.
>>
>>50642102
>Magus has only one viable build
What, dex based, finesse'ing SHAW KINGU GURASPU?
>>
>>50642372
i mean Strength Magus can be viable but good fucking luck finding a race with a good statline for it.

you're still chained to SHAW KINGU GRASGARGURU!
>>
>>50642352
>Joining a game run by someone with a terminal case of memery
>>
>>50642352

>2 AM GMT Sunday

Wasnt that like an hour ago?
>>
>>50642370
Well you could still gestalt I guess?
Paladin (Martyr)/Holy Vindicator||Oracel (Black Blooded, Life Mystery)/ Mystery Cultist
>>
>>50642352
When do monster girl waifus come online in Mummy's Mask? We're still doing the stupid lottery dungeons, and I'm pretty sure hat lady is a crazy bitch who probably doesn't want the dick unless it's Nethys' dick (which is too bad, because a cute hat waifu would be great.)
>>
>>50642229

It's a real pity, these Tieflings are gorgeous! I'd play one if I wasn't playing one already!
>>
>>50642410
Starts in a week.
>>50642438
Monster girl waifus aren't really a thing unless you can convert one using the power of righteous dicking, but you do get to beat up monster girls.
>>50642392
I cannot deny this attack against my character.
>>
File: Lavender_Lil.jpg (107KB, 836x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Lavender_Lil.jpg
107KB, 836x1500px
>>50642454
>>
>>50642418
>Paladin (Martyr)/Holy Vindicator||Oracel (Black Blooded, Life Mystery)/ Mystery Cultist

It sounds cool. Maybe RotJR or something. I have yet to finalize an idea and my old idea is not working out mechanically.
>>
>>50642474
>no fangs
>nonstop facefucking
>bueno
>>
>>50642482
Only problem is that Vildeis is about as batshit insane as Ragathiel, maybe even more considering the whole "Tell followers to cut their sinful flesh away" thing.
>>
>>50642438

There's only like, two waifus and one husbands in the entire AP, and one waifu is 400 lbs (and human) while the other is hopelessly insane and the husbands is a fuccboi.

Paizo has really gone beyond adding waifus in their APs
>>
>>50642474

Lavender is a precious cinnamon bun, but not nearly as precious as the ultimate cinnamon bun (the Cinnabon, as it were) Trinia Sabor!
>>
>>50642493

I have never been adverse to a little masochism. I just wish my Cleric/Immolator idea worked.
>>
File: qt girl 389.png (645KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
qt girl 389.png
645KB, 894x894px
>>50642454
I'm pretty sure the artist goes by/went by Agent Lapin.
>>
>>50642524
Then go for that build.
And I really wish immolator wasn't tied to a race so utterly shit at being an inquisitor.
>>
>>50642459
>beating up monster girls before marriage

That's impure, Anon
>>
>>50642492
But if you only do that, you'll never create new tieflings to contribute to future generations of prostitutes and courtesans, Anon.

Do your part for a brighter tomorrow; impregnate your hooker-waifu today!
>>
>>50642536
>dick
>suckin
>lips
>>
File: Subtle Seduction.jpg (530KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Subtle Seduction.jpg
530KB, 1200x1200px
>>50642500
They need to go even further beyond, to Super-Waifu 3.
>>
>>50642545

>starting key stat for both halves is 16

No pls. I am all for making builds that are sub-optimal but I just cant do it. It was bad enough I wanted to make a blaster cleric.
>>
>>50642591
Nah I meant go for the bleeding crusader one, sorry for not wording that clearly.
>>
>>50642536

I'll have to give that name a looksee when I get to my computer, the guy has a style that looks fantastic for character art *and* tokens.
>>
>>50642570
I had a half elf arcanist who did similar, though only because the DM included a priestess to Calistria with her same token by mistake. Narcissistic not quite selfcest ensued.
>>
>>50642602

It does actually look fun. I could even do aasimar to get Mystery cultist sooner
>>
Post cute quest/campaign ideas!!

an overweight ffemale silver Dragon librarian hires the party to help find her love.

A retried Adventurer wants you to construct an adventure for their kids to enact.
>>
>>50642589

>Super Waifu 3
>Posts the Medic

Do dhampir have a taste for blood, or at least an uncomfortable fascination with it? Vampire is a bit too rich for a PC race, after all.
>>
>>50642622
Hmm, what kind of Aasimar you thinking?
>>
>>50642625

The second one sounds good, the first one has its heart in the right place but could really do with being more about courtly love and intrigue since that's kind of what Silvers do!
>>
>>50642635

Prolly just the standard one. +wis +cha. Nothing fancy, it is just to get Mystery cultist sooner
>>
File: qt tiefling 10.png (706KB, 900x1861px) Image search: [Google]
qt tiefling 10.png
706KB, 900x1861px
>>50642609
Good luck, the deviant page I found a few minutes ago had been cleaned out. Comments featured some conversation about the artist being a crazy person who doesn't like to leave old stuff lying around.
>>
>>50642656
Oh that reminds me that aasimar also get the angelic blood feat, it causes evil and undead creatures to take damage when you bleed.
>>
>>50642040
>>50642054
>>50642091
>>50642102
Sounds like Skald it is. Thanks.
>>
>>50642625
The hobgoblin princess wants to find the perfect gift for her betrothed, so she sends the party on a perilous quest to abduct a baby Flumph.
>>
>>50642651
That's just it shes a NEET that spent the last few centuries eating chocolate and reading books. She's clueless about courtly romance!
>>
>>50642696
>sending on an earring as the bard whispers lines to her from a scrying room
>>
>>50642678

Even better!
>>
File: qt tiefling 39.jpg (26KB, 236x537px) Image search: [Google]
qt tiefling 39.jpg
26KB, 236x537px
>>50641896
It's alright, funfriend. I found the Dark Tapestry Mystery, and it sounds like fun. Regular old Oracle will be great. I'm thinking Tongues (Aklo) would be a reasonable Curse for Dark Tapestry. Would any others be more fitting?
>>
>>50642720
There are also some thematic spells and feats in horror adventures
>>
>>50642629
>Do dhampir have a taste for blood
Yes.

Its not necessary to their survival but many thoroughly enjoy it and many are fascinated by it.
>>
>>50642721
Dark Tapestry has good bonus spells, but to make it work, you really need to make us of the shapeshifting
>>
>>50642714
Glorious
>>
File: qt death girl.png (480KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
qt death girl.png
480KB, 1095x730px
>>50642740
Shapeshifting sounded fun too. Is Elf an okay race for the revelation boost FCB? Aasimar seems a little excessive for an ostensibly fun character.
>>
>>50642721
>>50642677

Well damn, why must the good ones either go furry or go mad?
>>
>>50642736

The Blood Drinker feat tree gives some very interesting implications of group dynamics between the dhampir and the party's tank!

Apple what the fuck are you doing, if I'm apostropheing I'm doing it for an s, AN S, not an A!
>>
>>50642771
Because fuck your happiness.
>>
>>50642758
Mmmm
Using the elf bonus on the shapeshifting of dark tapestry does get you better beast shapes faster.
there is usually one revelation in every mystery that you want to get good now and not later
>>
>>50642625

Escort a young necromancer and her zombified father to the ancestral burial ground in her homeland>>50642625
>>
>>50642817
I didn't understand any of that, but I'm sort of reminded by bloodborne where people whore out their blood.

and a series of cheesy vampire fiction short stories called "dreams of decadence" where many regular people whored themselves out to vampires

And the Genevieve warhams fantasy novels where humans occasionally went to vampire bars and let them stick a tap into them. Both the regular people and the vamps made sure no one got seriously hurt or deaded from it and people were usually reasonably compensated for doing it.
>>
>>50642625

Goblins stole all the town's pickles, and the harvest festival is tomorrow! Are you a bad enough dude to get the pickles?
>>
>>50642946

>playing find the pickle with goblins

Anon it was suppose to be cute! CUTE!
>>
>>50642930

Blood Drinker is a dhampir racial feat that gives the Dhampir +5 temporary hitpoints for every 1 point of constitution they drink from a humanoid subtype (such as "humans" or "goblins.")

Blood Feaster enhances this bonus; when you drink 2-4 points of Constitution, the character gains +2 to all damage rolls and something else, can't look it up at the moment!
>>
>>50642997
What does that have to do with the party tank?
>>
>>50642969

Goblins love pickles!
>>
>>50643010

CON for daaaaaaays.
>>
>>50643010

A barbarian with 16 constitution isn't going to sweat over 2 missing points!
>>
I'd like to ask some of the more experienced DMs for a spot of advice before I commit to a situation.
Situation: players are trapped in a castle, was escorting some researchers about "X", castle is attacked by undead for reason "X". Egress thru the way they came is impossible, it is clogged by "undead".
DM logistics: My plot was to corral them upwards to thru the castle, running a fighting retreat against ostensibly unending hordes, taking moments to barricade themselves in rooms for breathing space and patch up time before "they" break in and force a breakthru. They were already heading to the throne room for research reasons, and a player, via knowledge check, will come up with a plot that some manner of escape hatch has to be located in either the throne room or the lady's bedchambers.
They can locate a number of trinkets along the way, equipment and more in order to speed the way (wbl nonsense), but my question comes from creature dealings.
I have 3 overarching creature types.
Critters: shamelessly stealing 4e's minion mechanic for mildly dangerous, easily dispatched creatures. The threat comes that they start dealing out escalating debuffs as more and more pile in (-2 AC/sickened/staggered), as well as granting flank bonus for being adjacent on top of being speedy /w climb speed. They primarily exist to harass the players and to soften them up for-
Soldiers: Standard monster by math, average damage for level, pipped defenses up, if they hit a creature that is sickened or staggered, they are also nauseated for a round. Not as fast as critters, but also have climb speed. They will run into these the most, and occasionally run into-
Heavies: Big fuckers, big hp, hits hard, shit defenses, all combat maneuvers on demand with a con damaging poison on hit. These will show up rarely enough, but if they decide to make a stand, it's possible that their band of 5 pcs and 3 npcs will face 10 of them at once.
>cont.
>>
File: 1473724194052.gif (3MB, 263x150px) Image search: [Google]
1473724194052.gif
3MB, 263x150px
>>50643095
Now, before you sweat, yes, this is highly lethal (I expect 2+ pc deaths), but the payoff in loot is commensurate, and I am tightly controlling the horde.
I plan to have them rise and recede in waves, to maintain pressure and control pacing.
Initial waves will be 4-7 Critters and 1-3 Soldiers, going to 6-3, then 4-3-1 Heavy, to 5-4-3. There are also native defenses in the castle they can use if they care to look and think on their feet.
Above all else, holding the line is a fatal prospect. They do not have the means to escape the citadel grounds via magic, and they have just now encountered a Critter (looks like a demonic ladybug the size of a beagle with xenomorph jaws), so I still have time to finetune the level of fun, fear, and good gamemanship.
I know y'all, so advice that runs the line of "you are a shit dm and everything you do and ever will do will be shit" will be laughed at from my mug of mead and mentally mocked, coming from a general known for it's abundance of autists and naked erp'ers. However, you fucks also give straight up advice that while harsh, should not be discounted.
Have at me.
>>
How do I make a crossbow character that doesn't suck dick and also isn't extremely anime via PoW?
I'm trying to play a medieval-fantasy version of Isaac Clarke. Picture a guy in full plate, crossbow in hand, stomping on an Aberration's neck to kill it. Can't be shooting wind/fire via PoW for this concept, I'm afraid. Sadly, non-initiating versions of crossbow-users are mediocre at best. I'd really like to actually use a crossbow rather than refluffing a longbow, too.
Ideas?
>>
>>50643216
You literally can't, anon.
PoW is the only boon that crossbows have in PF.
Why not refluff the PoW bits, at the end, the fluff is just that.
>>
>>50643238
I'm not a fan of refluffing. Doesn't sit right with me.
I suppose if I AM gonna do it, I'll refluff PoW maneuvers as different weapons/ammo/etc. rather than changing a longbow to a crossbow for a Ranger.
What class should I be for this concept, then?
Seems Hawkguard Warder is the only dedicated ranged class available, but I'm not too keen on it.
>>
>>50643216

Isn't there a plasma thrower in the Tech Guide? Just convince the DM you should use one!
>>
>>50643216
>muh crossbows
might as well ask why you cant make good water balloon character
>>
>>50643279
Tech gear is gonna be a real pain in the ass to maintain even if I do get one. Won't be worth the hassle.
>>
>>50643275

Zealot, for your intense hatred of aberrations and the voices telling you to make them whole?
>>
File: Chicken Game.jpg (132KB, 450x701px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Game.jpg
132KB, 450x701px
What are the essential feats for Beast Shape combat?
>>
>>50643292
>le crossbows are shit meme
dude kys
>>
>>50643299
Shit, that's a pretty great fit.
Dunno how to fluff the collective and stuff, but I like the sound of this. Maybe I'll think about Void Prophet. Quite a bit more fitting thematically.
>>
>>50643297
Actually, the plasmathrower isn't worth it in the least.

4d6 is actually 2d6 and 2d6, electrical and fire. separately. Not "and" like a morningstar is Bludgeoning And Piercing, but "half and half" like you'll hear folks ordering at Tim Hortons.

So it bypasses no resistances, no immunities; rather both hit it and hit it hard.Even your static damage gets split, which arguably means we're rounding the fractions down as well (so +5 becomes 2 and 2).

For such an expensive weapon with expensive "haha fuck you it's not ammunition", it simply isn't worth it (unless warsoul; warsoul makes tech okay).
>>
>>50643337
>Dunno how to fluff the collective and stuff
You have hunted monsters for so long, you have begun to be the monster yourself.
>>50643309
>doesn't recognize the meme
>>
>>50643337
You chip the people (on the back of a bullet if you tag a hostile for transfer shenanigans) with a wifi chip and let them instant message you.
>>
>>50639236
He gasses the Numistians!
>>
>>50643152
I think you should let them escape in ways other than your pre-determined hatches. Something extremely stupid yet heroic like setting up a fuckin' zipline with a grappling hook shot from a ballista, for example, should work too.
Additionally, throw in some "boss" creatures aside from your heavy dudes. Uniques, if you will. Depending on how long you want this to last, you could set up one of them to be an unrelenting but very slow pursuer, perhaps it could even go through walls, but at a speed of like 10 or even 5 feet per round, to prevent any "fool-proof" cubbyholes they come up with. Have a few other ones pocketed to counter any ridiculous memery they get up to, as well.
Finally, as you'd expect to hear, try to make any PC deaths suitably heroic rather than "Bob trips as he runs and gets eaten by the horde." That shit's for the NPCs, y'know?
>>
How retarded is a class and/or archetype that gets all of the following at once
>Cantrips, but no other spells
>An Arcane Pool, but you get to pick and choose a custom list of weapon enhancement abilities rather than a set list
>A Panache Pool, but you have to pick a small handful of deeds
>An Inspiration Pool, functioning as normal
>A Stamina Pool
>>
>>50643510
You're like 1-2 pools + associated class features from making some kind of Factotum.
Just go whole hog with this, honestly.
>>
>>50643510
You need a grit pool senpai.
>>
>>50643517
Factotum was best waifu class, no question
>>
>>50643517
Honestly, it all started with "how do I make a spell-less magus" and this is where I ended up. Push "spell" combat/strike back, give it a discounted pool strike, and just pile on resource pools. Was debating a Ki pool as well, but that didn't quite feel like it fit woth the other three-four.
>>
>>50643417
>Something extremely stupid yet heroic like setting up a fuckin' zipline with a grappling hook shot from a ballista, for example, should work too.
The citadel covers some 3 square kilometers, and I wasn't joking when I said the equipment isn't there for that. That said, I'm not going to shut down their plans, but I won't tell them the odds of success or failure. Most of their heavier equipment is not with them, left in the wagons outside with the coolies (who got nommed).
>throw in some "boss" creatures
There is a dragon in the castle that is lairing, the steel steamwork golem that was the lady's guardian, and the "commanders" of the creatures that are assaulting them. I am expecting them to encounter at least 2 at once.
>That shit's for the NPCs, y'know?
We must agree to disagree, anon. I do not feel, as a player or GM, that every player death must be something meaningful. I've run games in other systems where something as simple and ignominious as an offhand strike from a fleeing creature struck down a pc. I am confident that I can spin the sight of one of the party, beaten and bedraggled, dragged down and pounced upon by the horde while the other players struggle to reach them (and they will, I know my players, they are good guys), and have far more impact than what you are treating it as.
Have you ever been in that kind of situation, or do you not play such characters?
>>
>>50643556

Nah man, go full crazy with this. Grit pool, ki pool, phrenic pool...

what's the other pool types?
>>
>>50643556
what does spell less fagus even MEAN
>>
>>50643574
>Have you ever been in that kind of situation, or do you not play such characters?
What we've got here is a simple difference in how we run our games.
Your group clearly prefers the more... I shouldn't say "realistic" but I've no better word for it... Well, you know what your group likes, but it's certainly not what mine does. I run a very standard "nerds playing pen and paper" style of game, with mighty heroes and epic adventure and etc. with the overall feeling of something like a family-friendly TV show or one of those cartoons that are made for children and manchildren alike. Death really only happens for faceless monsters in my games, unless it's a potent dramatic moment. My PCs are all NG or LG and strive to incapacitate any humanoids or even anything with above 5 INT.
In short, different strokes for different folks, anon.
>>
>>50643535
>>50643594
Not sure about other pool types. I think DDS gave the rogue a luck pool or something? Does bardic performance and rage count as a "pool"? That's a bit beyond what I was shooting for.

>>50643595
Pseudo spell combat with abilities from the pools, mainly. "Spell" striking pool strikes, "spell" combat abundant step, etc.
>>
>>50643649
You could just play a Stalker with Elemental Flux and, like, Veiled Moon though
>>
>>50643649

Nah, performance and rage are rounds, not pools. Pools are more broad than stuff measured in 'rounds per day'. And I was just thinking go with 1PP pools, not 3PP ones.
>>
>>50643658
Yes, but maybe PoW isn't an automatic assumption of the system, and I just wanted to engage in a thought experiment to see how much I could load into a class before it fell apart.

I was also debating porting Brutal Slayer to he actual Slayer, and making a Starknife-focused rogue.
>>
File: 1481370273296.jpg (774KB, 1372x3016px) Image search: [Google]
1481370273296.jpg
774KB, 1372x3016px
>>50642625
Help the shepherd win the heart of the princess
>>
>>50643691
Goddamn that is some amazing badonk right there. Holy hell I would get lost between those; she can sit on my face and stomp on my balls any day.
>>
>Necromantic Servant (Sp)

>As a standard action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to raise a single human skeleton or human zombie from the ground to serve you for 10 minutes per occultist level you possess or until it is destroyed, whichever comes first. This servant has a number of hit points equal to 1/2 your maximum hit point total (not adjusted for temporary hit points or other temporary increases). It also uses your base attack bonus and gains a bonus on damage rolls equal to 1/2 your occultist level. At 5th level, whenever the necromantic servant would be destroyed, if you are within medium range (100 feet + 10 feet per level) of the servant, you can expend 1 point of mental focus as an immediate action to cause the servant to return to full hit points. At 9th level, you can choose to give the servant the bloody or burning simple template (if it's a skeleton) or the fast simple template (if it's a zombie). At 13th level, when you take an immediate action to restore your servant, it splits into two servants. You can have a maximum number of servants in existence equal to 1/2 your occultist level. At 17th level, the servant gains a teamwork feat of your choice.

How do I make a build around this? Assumption is occultist class.
>>
>>50643626
I run a lot of play types, but this is an exception, rather than a rule.
I started off in the heyday of 2e, so senseless character death, and heroism in the face of the odds, is typical for me. My players are a lot of rookies to D&D, if not gaming, so I am using this to teach them important lessons, such as character death is not the end of fun/the world, and running away IS an option.
After this, it'll be more a heroic game of high odds and BIG DAMN HEROES, but you gotta walk before you crawl, and I've seen too many who think that being invincible loved heroes is the standard, not the exception.
If they come out of this, and they say they are having fun with the rp thus far, with level heads and having expanded their horizons, I'll consider it mission accomplished, but my OGL-fu is weak, so I wanted feedback.
>>50643691
>not taking them both as your concubines
Get on my level.
>>
>>50642625
An NPC repeatedly asks for the party's help with ghosts/invisible monsters/etc. wrecking stuff and stealing shit, etc. It's always something new every time, and the party always arrives too late or cannot stop the items from breaking/being stolen/etc.
Eventually it is revealed that the NPC just really fancies one of the party members and used magic/potions to repeatedly break and steal his/her own shit just to keep the party around as much as possible.
>>
>>50643691
thi
>>
>>50643729
My players would murder him for that. Even the paladin. Especially the paladin.
They are horrible players but I grew up with them, what can I do?
>>
File: 1388890732371.png (4KB, 274x66px) Image search: [Google]
1388890732371.png
4KB, 274x66px
>>50643711
>she
>>
>>50643712
This isn't very good honestly
>>
>>50643748
If a dude has a badonk like that i'll suck his dick and call him sally long as he lets me spank me.
>>
>>50643729
I.... I honestly can't even be really mad about that.
It's annoying, yeah, but it's a little cute, too. I would totally set them up on a date, because the hopeless romantic in me hasn't been slain by the world yet.
>stealing this idea
>>
>>50643747
drop them and find a different group to run games for
you as a gm are one of the hottest commodities on the market, remember that
>>
>>50643763
It's fun though. Unlimited Skeleton Work.
>>
>>50643764
>he lets me spank me
..... kinky!
>>
>>50643669
Rrally, more tham 3-4 pools seems like overloading. You can't reasonably make them "balanced" with options if you make too many things available (fucking prepped casters) to them. Plus, Panahe covers both Grit and Luck, making the latter two redundant, though letting it count as those for prereqs could work. Phrenic pool I still have to check.
>>
>>50643778
No, Unlimited Skeleton Works would be a normal necromancer running around with a bunch of 1HD skeltals.
What you've got here is an arguably worse version of an animal companion that you can recover quickly when it dies.
Eventually you get to have a few more, but still only up to 10 at max level. At that point the Cleric/Incanter/Wizard/whatever is running around with a literal army.
It's just not that great, anon. You can't really build around it.
>>
>>50643691

Unless I was playing a minotaur or centaur or some other huge-dicked race, that's wayyyyy too much ass.
>>
File: 1351540679294.png (220KB, 435x322px) Image search: [Google]
1351540679294.png
220KB, 435x322px
>>50643847
>too much ass
>>
>>50643773

Too many DMs forget they're as valuable as gold, and the ones that can actually weave a campaign are even more precious.

Never undersell yourself!
>>
/pfg/, am I going crazy? I swear I've seen a spell that worked like planar binding but with fey, but I can't find it anywhere I look. I know it had lesser, normal, and greater versions, and I could have sworn it was a druid spell from Heroes of the Wild. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and/or where I can find it?
>>
>>50643691
> yfw you recognize the image that's cropped from.
100% improvement.
>>
>>50643847
>some other huge-dicked race
You mean humans?
Cuz humans are enourmously hung for our size.
Also, what >>50643857 said.
>>
>>50643862

Oh my GOD I know what you're talking about! I don't know where it's from either, but holly oh molly is it nibbling away at me now.
>>
>>50643847

No such beast, my friend. Ruin that ass with your mighty beast-cock. Reduce the owner to a dribbling mess of lust and need. Everywhere you go, leave no woman untouched from your bestial lust, so that they eternally follow you craving that which has thrust deep into their very soul.
>>
>>50643691
Well I've found the art for my druid
>>
Guys, I need to fuck my party up a little bit so they actually know what it's like to feel pain.

The armored dwarf has a flat-footed AC of 25, the Swashbuckler and Barbarian can one-round most CR-appropriate monsters.

So give me some NPC builds or monsters I can use to give them something to sink their teeth into.

No, "lol just magic at them and roll Will saves" isn't an answer.
>>
>>50643873
I fucking found it. It's called Entice Fey. Why it didn't show up on Nethys' search engine or d20pfsrd's advanced spell search, I'll never know.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/entice-fey-lesser
>>
File: 1467910382794.jpg (133KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1467910382794.jpg
133KB, 1024x576px
>>50642625
Cater for a retired adventuring party. A mix of elderly wisdom, intense crotchetiness, and a single, adult age category elf bard/slut, they know that meeting will inevitably provoke random encounters, enemies with long forgotten vendettas and hyjinx.

Their solution: get a bunch of young-un adventurers to handle them as they come up.
>>
>>50643878
Level?
>>
>>50643867

That ass goes beyond human limitations, its so big I'd even suggest it was grotesque. No ass should be that fat - bubbly is good, cushioned is great, but that's an ass you could hot dog without ever getting close to the goods!

Also, and it shames me for filling the thread with this filth, I can't not see a girl that thick getting fucked by normal human. It just ain't natural. That's an ass that needs some Tiefling or half-giant making it jiggle with every thrust.
>>
>>50642625
A rival to your party starts crushing really hard on the least expected party member
>>
>>50643878

We need a bit more information, dude. Where are they right now? What's the campaign and story? Anything about their backstories we could pick apart?

>>50643889

That's the one! Fucking hell those fey are a pain to entice.
>>
>>50643899
7, 8ish.

They're currently being cat-and-mouse'd by a Rakshasa Monk5 that could probably do some damage, but I'll need more than this going forwards, especially if it's not just monsters+class levels. Need NPC-type enemies too.
>>
>>50643878
>The armored dwarf has a flat-footed AC of 25
Which means you can throw a tanglefoot bag at him and laugh, or worse.
>the Swashbuckler and Barbarian can one-round most CR-appropriate monsters
They SHOULD be able to do this, anon, and you should expect this base level of competence.
Now, level, gear, location, what are you looking for?
>>50643906
ANON! THAT SOUNDS LIKE QUITTER'S TALK!
YOU AREN'T A FUCKING QUITTER, ARE YOU?
Now shut up, get in there, and get yourself a piece like a grown ass man!
>>
File: Caim_03.png (166KB, 265x379px) Image search: [Google]
Caim_03.png
166KB, 265x379px
>>50643891
>all dat 'Cain'
I don't know what would happen there, but I'm absolutely sure I couldn't handle it.
Needs this guy clinging to the roof though.
>>
>>50643927

This is always great, especially when it's got alignment conflicts along with the usual rivalries.

Nothing quite as sweet as seeing the evil enchantress stumble with her words around the Paladin!
>>
>>50643906

That might be true, anon...

Will you be my minotaur today, to make my ass jiggle and fuck me like no human's fucked me before?~
>>
>>50643931
>Where are they right now?
In a labyrinth under Arkona palace in Korvosa. Not the actual dungeon there, I had to add more to it because I didn't want to rush right into revealing the Rakshasa stuff, so they're escaping with the monk I mentioned >>50643933 disguised as one of their friends. Their real friends are still in there.

>What's the campaign and story?
It's CoCT, so all urban. They're going to be spending the next chapter entirely underground inside the Wizard Acadamae, so who the fuck knows what might be down there, I haven't written it yet.

>Anything about their backstories we could pick apart?
Uh....one of the PCs is sorta the bitch of a Vampire Lord in the city? Though he's been actively working against the Lord, so that's gonna come due soon.

One player is marked by the Hand (big masked dude who's touch magically burns a handprint into your skin letting his Wizard/Mesmerist/Psion controller assume direct control), so there's that.

Not much in the rest. One PC has a young brother he's looking for, who will be some sort of gang leader.

The other is a Dwarf who will be meeting his legendary blacksmith grandfather (who he doesn't know is his grandfather) soon?
>>
>>50643943
>They SHOULD be able to do this, anon, and you should expect this base level of competence.
I know they should. The problem is, when you build an enemy and say "This is what this guy does. Round one he uses this, round two he uses this, round three he attempts this, etc.", and they only last one round, what's the point?

>Now, level, gear, location, what are you looking for?
Fuck if I know, see >>50644010
>>
>>50643975

I'd rather fill you with my lust than fill this thread! There's a time and a place for encounters like this, and the General ain't one of them!
>>
>>50644010
Sounds like they'd lose badly to the ranged game. How about an Erynies that's bound by an enemy/ protecting the area because of an old binding? If they know the area and can stay out of melee, they could do serious damage.
>>
>>50644028

I suppose we are not in autosage yet, then~

On a serious note: How do you handle the more monstrous monstrous humanoids in your campaigns, such as bugbears or minotaurs or similar, /pfg/?
>>
>>50644010
Hol' up, how do you, the DM, not know the details of the pcs?
The fuck are you doing, mang?
As for battle challenges, traps, man.
Have traps, and force battles in places where traps will not affect enemies, but will effect the pcs.
They are underground? Kill the light sources.
>>50644087
Murdering them in a single strike, for my iaijitsu skills are unrivaled in the land.
>>
>>50644087

Bugbears and the like are kill on sights, but I've been awfully tempted to play a minotaur and not just because of the reasons you're thinking!
>>
>>50644022
You want the party to know pain, you don't do one guy.

You do (party number) x 1.5 guys, rounded up. At least.

I suggest a Gunslinger to hit touch AC on the dwarf, two copies of the dwarf with minor diferences to get in the way of the other two, and a cleric or vitalist keeping them healed. Maybe trade one dorf copy for a bettlefield control caster to throw the fighter into a pit, separate the swashbuckler from the dwarf with a wall and generally make sure the bad guys gang up on the party one by one.
>>
>>50644119
>Hol' up, how do you, the DM, not know the details of the pcs?
Which part are you referring to specifically?

I stopped taking meticulous notes about the enemy NPCs mostly because I don't care, but also because I have them all saved in HeroLab so I don't need to remember them.

>As for battle challenges, traps, man.
Don't know if you know this, but the instant you put a trap into a game that does more than just some scraping damage, players check out completely.
>>
File: 1451056431665.png (65KB, 540x527px) Image search: [Google]
1451056431665.png
65KB, 540x527px
>Hit level 7
>Everyone in party is a full initiator so we each get a 4th level maneuver
>Everyone struts their new shit immediately
>The fucking Warlord got a mimic maneuver
>He can use it on our maneuvers
>mfw he literally uses my best move better than me right after me
Fool's Errand is some fucking shit I tell you what
>>
>>50644160
I said pcs, mook, the players, what gear they have and feats and shit.
>doesn't know how to use traps
Dude, shit as simple as pit traps, poison darts and the like go a long way/
>>50644172
I had a good laugh at your expense.
>>
File: Megaflora castle.jpg (143KB, 736x984px) Image search: [Google]
Megaflora castle.jpg
143KB, 736x984px
In a couple months I will be GMing a Pathfinder campaign for some friends locally. I have GMed before but never played PF before at all. Most of the players have only ever played 4e with only one of them having played 3.5.

I want some guidance, what words of wisdom can /pfg/ give me. Particularly, any optional or house rules to recommend for such an inexperienced group?
>>
>>50644194
Do you have any idea what they'll be playing, or what you'll be DMing?
>>
>>50643803
Allowthem to choose between Panache, Grit and Luck, mostly for flavor reasons. Also if you already have Arcane Pool, Ki isn't to far away.

Also would need some class abilities to deal with the MAD of needing both Int (Arcane Pool and Inspiration) and Cha (Panache)
>>
>>50644260
>encouraging autism
>even ironically
'no'
>>
>>50644194
What kind of game do you want to run, anon?
Generally speaking, for complete newbies, I'd advise not letting them play anything overly complicated, like full casters such as Wizard or Cleric, and also try to steer them away from the classes that require lots of system mastery to be good, such as Monk or Swashbuckler. If you let them do whatever you're likely to end up with half of them playing utterly horrible characters while the other half play completely normal characters that just happen to be good effortlessly, ending up in a huge disparity in the party which WILL cause bad first impressions.
Make no mistake, PF without third-party supplements is an imbalanced piece of shit, but first-time players shouldn't worry about keeping themselves in line or any of that stuff. Just steer them in the right direction and make sure they don't shoot themselves in the foot right out the gate. If the whole party makes bad characters, don't tell them to reroll, though. The issue is the Barbarian making the Monk feel worthless, not the party hitting some invisible power level - you can just weaker the challenges they'll face if they're all equally badly built.
That's about the best advice I can give without more information.
>>
How should I explain my ZweiSent having Veiled Moon when he isn't some mystic?
>>
>>50644151
I've never really done an encounter against a whole "anti-party", mostly because they're too much fucking work and never make any sense in a story, ever.

>>50644188
I don't have copies of their sheets in front of me to reference their feats, I have basically which magic items they're using so far;

----------Party Items----------

Shiji's Items
Zalara's Harrow deck
Ring of featherfall
Belt of Incredible Dexterity
Vial of Poison from Derro Necromancer
Crystal mask of languages - Venetian/masquerade ball mask - Mange
Mancales of domination - Mange
Rapier - +1 Rapier (of Human Bane)
Headband of vast intelligence +2

Harrald's Items
Masterwork Chain Shirt
Ring of protection
Ring of Jumping
Amulet of Natural Armor
+1 Vicious Adamantine Scythe
belt of giant strength +2

Finn's Items
+1 Leather item
Mithril Chain Shirt
Headband of alluring charisma +2

Balthur's Items
amulet of natural armor +1
+1 great axe
Cloak of Resistance +2

Give or take.
>>
>>50644327
I played a ZS/SP Warder with Veiled Moon for quite a while. My explanation was "lmao bloodlines." No one complained.
>>
>>50644271
Int-based Panache is already a thing, so the MAD isn't that big a deal, imo. Int-based Ki might be a harder sell though.
>>
File: flowery tunnel.jpg (511KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
flowery tunnel.jpg
511KB, 1024x768px
>>50644256
>>50644293
I've had a high fantasy setting in mind for a while which I'll be adapting to PF. It's designed to have a clear, big goal for the players, with everything getting progressively harder andmore epic as they progress toward that goal while giving the players plenty of side objectives to follow on the way. They might never reach that ultimate objective an that's fine, it's just there to give them some direction if they need it.

The campaign is intended to be high adventure, with the pace set by the players. I really don't know what they'll want to play in terms of characters though I'm sure there'll be interest in full casters, I'm thinking of steering them toward some of the easier to play casters, though.
>>
>>50644464
If you've got a player utterly set on being a Wizard or Cleric, make sure they fully realize what they're getting themselves into. Explain that it's a complicated class, and that the choices they make every level-up have the potential to make them completely worthless if they pick bad/extremely situational spells. At the same time, also explain that such classes have the highest capacity for power and can utterly shit on the whole planet at high levels, so you're well within your rights to disallow some spells or some of the shenanigans they come up with. With that in mind, they should be ready to play a fullcaster responsibly.

Also, since your game sounds like some real high adventure, I suggest looking at the rules for Hero Points. I love 'em, myself.
>>
>>50642523
Came to protect Korvosa, stayed to protect that smile.
>>
>>50644464
Best general advice I can give you is to make sure you don't continuously cause a single player to feel bad. For example, having 4 sessions in a row where the Rogue has no traps to check for/disarm, cannot sneak attack anything for whatever reason, and can't put his stealth/pickpocketing to use at all. This sounds like a total no-brainer but you'd be surprised how easy it is to get engrossed in the world and the storytelling and completely miss the fact that the Barbarian hasn't had a reason to rage and tear something a new asshole for almost the whole month. Just keep mental tabs on your PCs - has the Sorcerer gotten to blast a whole room of weak monsters to death with a fireball recently? Is it about time for another comfy tavern for your Bard to perform in? That kind of thing.
As for PF-specific advice, don't let anyone play Kineticist or Swashbuckler unless the whole group is really weak and/or badly built. Those two classes CANNOT be salvaged without specific powergamed builds. They are utter worthless trash, almost on the level of NPC classes. PF has many trap options, such as really shitty feats or class features such as rage powers, but it somehow manages to even have two trap classes.
Of course, those two classes are saved entirely by third party content, but it seems you're not particularly interested in heaping that on your newbies, eh?
Finally, I recommend looking into the "background skills" alternate rules. It gives everyone more skill ranks to work with, but only for fluff nonsense like Profession: Farmer or Lore: Inns in Avistan. It's damn nice and I can't imagine playing without it, nowadays.
>>
>>50643959
"I will wreck mystical havoc upon you!... unless you have something better to do. Not that's a bad thing... call me?"
>>
File: snugbirb.jpg (187KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
snugbirb.jpg
187KB, 700x700px
What Voice Actors would you give to your party members or RotJR/HV characters? English or Japanese VAs are fine.
>>
>>50644327

A demon tried to rip their soul from their body.

The demon was only partially successful.
>>
>>50644798
Vic Mignogna. All of them, Vic Mignogna.
>>
File: Lake city.jpg (267KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lake city.jpg
267KB, 1280x720px
>>50644545
You mentioning Hero Points reminds me that I wanted to ask about rules for going beyond level 20. Does PF have any? 3.5 has epic levels, 4e is designed to go to 30, how about Pathfinder?

>>50644711
I might allow 3pp if one of the more invested players goes out and finds something they like(psionics are fairly likely to crop up). Any major names I should keep in mind for disallowing from such content?
>>
>>50644965
Frog God and Kobold Press tend to have very iffy and problematic content
>>
>>50644798
I'll stick to NPCs, since it'd be kinda crass for me to call one for myself.
Ameiko - Michelle Ruff
Jade Regent - Nobuyuki Hiyama
Tsuto - Johnny Young Bosch (I actually quite like his villain roles)
Sandru - Troy Baker
Ulf - Steve Blum
Shalelu or Kelda - Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Anamurumon - Norio Wakamoto
>>
>>50644798

I'm falling in love with Iain Glen's voice (not a VA, but a voice is a voice) but I don't know which RotJR character it would fit with the best.
>>
>>50644987
Like actually mechanically unsound, or "Paizo's pet SJWs got triggered" problematic?
>>
>>50645012
The first one.
>>
>>50644965
>Any major names I should keep in mind for disallowing from such content?
Most publishers, even the worst, have something good to offer. Just keep an eye out for anything that looks sketchy. If you've got doubts, just pop in here and ask about the specific product.

Generally speaking, the reverse of what you're asking - overall good and trustworthy names include Dreamscarred Press, Depressed Homebrewer, Forrestfire Studios, Interjection Games and anything by ertw or N. Jolly. That's just my personal preference, but a lot of people here will vouch for 'em too.
>>
>>50645010
He does have a great voice. Could definitely see him for some of the characters.
>>
File: Dragon Install.png (424KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Install.png
424KB, 600x600px
>>50645064
Speaking of N. Jolly, work has continued on the new dragon race; I'm currently shopping around for a publisher with it, but it will have its own FCBs for all classes as well as 8 variant heritages:

Metallic-Blooded
(Glorykin)
Chromatic-Blooded
(Tyrantkin)
Imperial-Blooded
(Noblekin)
Primal-Blooded
(Elementkin)
Outer-Blooded
(Travlerkin)
Esoteric-Blooded
(Abstractkin)
Planar-Blooded
(Scionkin)
Linnorm-Blooded
(Furykin)

Some of these are placeholder names, don't hate me.
>>
>>50644798
Couldn't think of enough voice actors to narrow it down more.
Yuri Lowenthal - Gallius, Gil, Rubio
Liam o'Brien - Corwin
Laura Bailey - Aster, Kanela, Zeldana
Brad Swaile - Omza
Ben Diskin - Grayson
Wendee Lee - Aranha, Onryou
Stephanie Sheh - Shizuka, Silvia
Richard Epcar - Casimir, Caelum
>>
>>50644798

>Yori: Hellena Taylor
>Shizuka: Saori Hayami
>Sersheon: Aoi Yuuke
>Deidre: Tara Strong
>Tyran: Two slabs of granite
>Marshall: Nolan North
>>
File: GGXrd Ky Start Small.gif (2MB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrd Ky Start Small.gif
2MB, 500x268px
>>50644798
A shame I don't really know many voice actors, but of the few I could easily remember...

JB Blanc for Casimir
Lucien Dodge for Gallius
Megumi Han for Shizuka?
Masahiro Nonaka for Sieghard
Takeshi Kusao as the obvious choice for Gil
>>
My players are planning to run a shield bashing dwarf warpriest, a gnome gunslinger, a fetching celestial bloodline sorcerer, a halfling monk and a kitsune rogue-sorcerer-arcane trickster through Rise of the Runelords.

I don't think I need to increase the difficulties in combats to scale with 5 players.

Am I wrong on that?
>>
>>50645323
They'll probably need more healing than a warpriest can provide, might want to add a wand of cure light wounds into some treasure pile early on.
>>
>>50645125
>abstractkin

a hearty chuckle/10, desu. I don't know how you're possibly going to fit all the variations of dragon, considering the different colors of the different types are all pretty different as well.
>>
>>50645381
Even with a full blown Cleric a Cure Light wand is always appreciated for those times when you need to save your spell slots for an emergency.
>>
>>50645131
>Yuri Lowenthal
>Autist voice intensifies

FUCKING BEDMAN
>>
>>50645268
>Marshall

I cant speak for anyone else in the group but I was using this guy for inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFOgRlDTemU
>>
Is it possible that we can brew up some Seven deadly sins as domains?
>>
Hey all, I've been thiking of playing a frost themed warrior. I can't really seem to find a class that fits the abilities that I want though.

I definitely want him to be a potent melee fighter but also have some minor control over frost. Whether this control over frost is via spells or other abilities doesnt really matter.

I want him to be able to wear heavy armor and have been considering using a great axe (I know it probably isn't the most optimal weapon but that's what I wanna use)

Cold Resist is a must and I would prefer to focus STR = CON > WIS > DEX > INT > CHA because I like the idea of him being very durable.

Any advice is well appreciated. All Paizo is fine, but no third party.
>>
File: 2RFnKup.jpg (10KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
2RFnKup.jpg
10KB, 249x243px
>first session with the opening section of a campaign i've been working on
>actually goes well, despite having to call quits halfway through because i ran out of material
>friends were invested in this little world i made
>they were overthinking every little encounter or situation far beyond what i had in mind

GM'ing is magical guys, I almost don't mind being the only person in my RPG group with the rulebook anymore.
>>
>>50645789

You mean like the Runelords and Rune magic?
>>
>>50645131
I pictured Silvia having a lower register voice than that.
>>
File: 1481398362269.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1481398362269.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50645814
Nah like actual domains with domain powers and spell lists. Not school specialization.

I found one for 5e. Gluttony. But 5e has different mechanics obviously.
>>
>>50645283
>>50645131
Interesting, I'm not sure if those are accurate or not compared to what's in my head! What voice actress has a quiet-but-excitable voice, preferably slightly-scratchy?
>>
>>50645912
Wendee Lee in Lucky Star comes to mind, maybe Kari Wahlgren?
>>
>>50645798

Check out the Mystic from PoE:E
>>
>>50645131
I picture Onryou's voice to be deeper like the one lady that played Mink's mother from Dragon Half
>>
>>50645806

Isn't it a great feeling? I always pray, as a player, I can perform well enough to get the mates enjoying my character or the antics we get into.

It's why I always make sure to praise or compliment characters I like.
>>
>>50645010

>Iain Glen

Casimir, easily.

Heck, the character could be turned into a Jorah Mormont expy very, very easily.
>>
>>50645890
Well some are allready there
Lust is a subdomain of charm
Greed is a subdomain of trickery
Rage(Wrath) is a subdomain of Destruction
Hubris(Pride) is a subdomain to both glory and nobility
Cannibalism(Gluttony) is a subdomain of Evil
>>
>>50645934
>All paizo is fine but no third party
>>
File: MomoyoKawakami.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MomoyoKawakami.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>50645970
>Onryou
>not voiced by Yuu Asakawa, who voices Kawakami Momoyo
Nigga what's wrong with you?
>>
>>50645934
>>50646084

Unfortunately this. Our DM is pretty open and willing to work with anything Paizo official, but not so much when it comes to third party.

I thought a little about Magus, but I'm not feeling the whole INT based character. I considered a Druid for WIS casting but I don't want him to have Wild Shape powers. Warpriest looked okay, but I'm not sold on it.
>>
>>50646092
Marce Rae just sounds right
>>
New thread
>>50646348
>>50646348
>>50646348
>>
>>50644798
>The Samurai
Despite everything the player tries to 'be' with that character, the best voice actor for his character would be Danny DeVito in full "frank thinks he's making them hot with his creepiness" mode.

>The Cyborg gunner thing guy
H.Jon Benjamin asked to sound less emotional, like an airline pilot that's dead inside.

>The high charisma sword warlord
Like Bob Barker, although he thinks he sounds like Norio Wakamoto

>Highly destructive monk gestalt girl
Noriko Hidaka given the lines of various finishers in G-Gundam

>the Dread
Tomoko Kaneda
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.