[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Are You Not Entertained Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 97

File: gladiator.jpg (463KB, 2000x1610px) Image search: [Google]
gladiator.jpg
463KB, 2000x1610px
Previous Thread: >>50576091

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: eruaeiubrree.png (938KB, 645x653px) Image search: [Google]
eruaeiubrree.png
938KB, 645x653px
>>50613464
>no Aayla

s m h
>>
File: Arquitens-class Command Cruiser.png (256KB, 300x513px) Image search: [Google]
Arquitens-class Command Cruiser.png
256KB, 300x513px
The Corellian Conflict and Armada Wave "Five" are shipping now, and today we got a preview of the Arquitens-class Cruiser.
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/9/the-empires-interests/
This seems quite a bit stronger than the similarly costed Nebulon-B the Rebels have. Not as good out the front, but much better on the larger side arcs. I like its defense tokens better, and getting a defensive retrofit is great, even if the new one they previewed can get more use on bigger ships. This is also the Empire's first ship with more dice in its side arcs than its front. These things will be phenomenal for sniping enemies at long range.
>>
>>50613975
You don't fool me Filoni.

My waifu has been saved from his grasp.
>>
>>50613811
On one hand i agree with you, but on the other her constant hair color changes to unnatural colors work as a giant warning siren to me.
So i am in this odd state where id like to tap dat, but at the same time every fiber of my being tells me that i should abandon star system.
>>
File: ofkAvD1.jpg (80KB, 662x927px) Image search: [Google]
ofkAvD1.jpg
80KB, 662x927px
I asked this in their last thread, and got only 1 answer. Anyone else got opinions?

>I have a couple of questions about imp assault., if you don't mind.

>how hard is it to paint the figures?
>I know that they are just plain out of the box, and I don't mind painting, I paint my armada squadrons And other tabletop game figures too. Are the figures about 40k size? Larger? Smaller?

>how does it play in competitive?
>I know it has a story game style, and I'm glad you like it, but is there a DM game style? Is it a point buy with upgrades like xwing? Is it balanced by point levels? Like are rebel troopers and stormtroopers evenly matched?

>is it usable for starwars figure based rpgs?
>I have a EotE group and we occasionally switch back to d20 saga when we want, and its always hard to visualize the games without figures. Are the map templates useable for other things, like base mapping? Are there map tile boosters like there are for D&D?

>Any help is enjoyed, just want to know some stuff before I buy in. I love starwars, but I don't like wasting time or money. Sorry if I'm being annoying.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 279x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 279x300px
Is it ok to say here that if EA battlefront was released complete it would be one of the best shooters ever? I know it's not /v/ but it's really got me back into the setting.

I love SW.
>>
>>50614244
EA Battlefront is one of those games you pick up from RedBox to play with your friends because there's not enough content to keep it long term.
>>
File: 9wwSmWv.jpg (49KB, 605x404px) Image search: [Google]
9wwSmWv.jpg
49KB, 605x404px
Hey shipfag, just reminding you i'm still waiting for stats on that gunship to give to my PCs. Game is on monday, so not urgent yet, but getting there.
>>
>>50614244
>one of the best shooters ever
Depends on how big the list is, because that's a really tall fucking order.
>The entire Dark Forces saga
>Battlefront 1 and 2
>Doom I, II, Final Doom, 2016
>Quake
>Unreal Tournament
>Wolfenstein
>Halo 1 and 2
>Wolfenstein: The New Order
>Unreal
>Half-Life
>Starsiege: Tribes
>Duke Nukem 3D
>Bad Company 2 and Vietnam
>Battlefield 1942, 2, Vietnam, and Project Reality
>GoldenEye
>STALKER
>Chex Quest
>>
/swg/ I have a question about tha cannon
Is it okay to assume tha pre ep6 old cannon us still good, minus whatever rouge 1 adds/changes?
>>
>>50614539
If it's for a tabletop campaign, sure. However, all Legends stuff is noncanon unless explicitly stated otherwise for the purposes of understanding the current Disney canon.
>>
>>50614539
No.

The only canon sources are the recent novels made after 2014, TCW, Rebels, Movies and Pablo Hidalgo's twitter
>>
File: 10-181st-Werneck-EGTW.jpg (940KB, 2588x1650px) Image search: [Google]
10-181st-Werneck-EGTW.jpg
940KB, 2588x1650px
first for the 181st
>>
>>50614539
Just do as /swg/ ahs always done: disregard the parts of Old/NuCanon you don't like
>>
>>50614586
Does that mean Jedi Prince is Canon again?
>>
the mega link for the FFG books only links to force and destiny, anyone have a none broken link?
>>
>>50615885
It's in the pastebin.
>>
>>50615030
Who?
>>
File: 2D6S88x.jpg (352KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2D6S88x.jpg
352KB, 1920x1200px
>>50614019
I find it really weird that they aren't giving us a look at the titles. It seems to me the best thing they could do considering they made us wait for basically release for the articles is spoil everything. Oh well, guess we get to wait two weeks.

The cards that come with it are going to massively boost other Imperial ships, VSDs especially. You can finally get an ECM for that brace on a Victory or ISD I.

Blast doors might rival ECM now, and are going to be fantastic on Assault MC80s.

Wave 5 was the first wave that they designed after the game came out and got real feedback from players, and I think it definitely shows.

Bring on all those new squadrons next week.
>>
My GM says my character can become force-sensitive but can't start with a Force and Destiny career. What is the best way to go about being good at lightsabering?
>>
>>50616073
Realistically, as the gm allows your character to learn that knowledge.

Rules wise, take force sensitive Exile or force sensitive emergent ASAP, then buy one of the FAD specs with lightsaber as a skill.
You can technically go straight to the fad Career for lightsaber skill, but that will not provide force abilities. If you start non force user you need Exile or emergent to get those abilities.
>>
>>50614244
Even with all the expansions I wouldn't really call it good. All but one of the primry weapons running on heat, the very limited "Hand" system instead of something class based.

The grind-heavy system with Charge-cards as point-sinks is also really bad.

>>50614389
>EA Battlefront is one of those games you pick up from RedBox to play with your friends because there's not enough content to keep it long term.
But there's no local multiplayer.

>>50614468
I'd say halo 1-3 and I don't think Outcast and Academy were good shooters, the balance of guns vs sabers was terrible.
>>
>>50615969
All these sexy starwars ship pictures are turning me on. Last thread had all those sexy ISD pictures. So hot. Soooooo hot. More! more you sluts!
>>
>>50614022
By being already killed??
>>
>>50616856
No, by being forgotten by him it would seem
>>
>>50616924
But she died in the actual movie
>>
>>50616943
She was never in a movie anon
>>
>>50616958
Are you denying the existence of RotS or did you just walk out of the theater before the movie was over?
>>
>>50616958
Aayla? She's in II and dies in III. Not sure if this is a "the prequels never happened" thing or some other joke I'm not getting

Your waifu is dead son. Accept it.
>>
>>50617034
>>50617043
My waifu's not on that list anon
>>
>>50617058
Oh now I get what you meant now. Luckily all three times Shaak Ti would have died were written out or made no canon so she still is still alive in my heart.

whos your waifu? I won't tell Filoni I swear
>>
>>50617089
I can't tell you anon.

He'll hear.

but she is blue
>>
>>50617104
Chuchi, isn't it?
>>
>>50617138
yes
>>
>>50617169
I'm so sorry. She'll probably be shoved into Rebels as a supporter.
>>
>>50614019
Who cares? No one plays Armada anymore.
>>
>>50617264
I see it discussed pretty frequently ITT at least.
>>
>>50614019

The only downside I see about wave 5 so far is the lack of Imperial Fleet Command. It'll probably be in the next wave, but still, the Rebs get a huge boost over the Imps now.

But I have to say, I'm definitely gonna pick up a light cruiser. Dem blast doors and red dice for days.
>>
>>50617196
>Guys! We need to make our villain on Rebels look like a threat without ever stopping Ezra from succeeding!
>Have you tried having them ominously monologue?
>How about killing their own teammates or setting them up for failure on purpose?
>I've done all that but people still think they're a joke! There's only one option left...
>[uncovers dartboard covered in female characters]
>>
>>50617351
>>50617196
N-no pls
>>
File: 1309033255880498.jpg (118KB, 850x576px) Image search: [Google]
1309033255880498.jpg
118KB, 850x576px
>>50617351
>Wait a minute, Dave, I've got an idea.
>>
>>50617387
>Kathleen, we've been over this. I AM the master here.
>>
>>50617303
The only time I see it anymore is people trying to sell it. The game is too long, it takes up too much table space, it's too expensive, and it's just a worse x-wing.
>>
File: 1474804475748.jpg (628KB, 1800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474804475748.jpg
628KB, 1800x750px
>>50617349
Seeing as how the Imperials have their own upgrade type with the Interdictor, I'd say it's a fair trade. The Interdictor can play with objectives like no other ship, and is going to receive a huge buff from the CC objectives.

They're almost certainly going to be releasing it with more ships though, since we're lacking the concentrate fire command type.
>>
>>50617436
That's true. Though I really want to know what those titles for the ALC are. I'm wondering what their rules will be.
>>
>>50617387
When MAID RPG goes wrong.
>>
File: black lagoon girls.jpg (836KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
black lagoon girls.jpg
836KB, 2560x1600px
>>50617402
>Hear me out, Dave. We take all these female characters and give them their own show to appease the girl power marketers. Then we load it to the gills with guns, booze, and starships.
>>
>>50617634
To be honest, I'd watch the FUCK out of Star Wars Black Lagoon.
>>
>>50617634
>Feel free to try Kathleen, but remember when the day is over, I am Lucas's legacy.
>>
>>50617634
This really needs to happen
>>
>>50617432
I play it every Thursday at my local cb/tt/gs, and about 4 to5 of us play it. Its great for tha edge of tha empire "rebel fleet officers" game I have going, and us great for visualizing similar things. Combine it with xwing and tha miniatures game for all sorts of neat story driven games.
>>
>>50618085
Just ignore him. He's in every thread whining about Armada whenever it's brought up. He sounds like some poorfag who bought the starter set, lost a few games, refused to learn how to git gud and now just bitches and moans about it on the internet.
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Thrawn.png (206KB, 226x336px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Thrawn.png
206KB, 226x336px
>>50618118
Oh I love those people. 15$ victories and 6 tie squadrons plus extra dice and cards, all for like 35$ us way more affordable than buying them separate. Whiney bitches who don't mind cannibalizing make my life better over all.

>mfw players wanted a thrawn game for my game so they could galavant around in wild space with a fleet of vic2s and an impsar1 spreading the emporer's message.
>>
>>50618118
>now just bitches and moans about it on the internet.
usually When I bitch about armada, it's because I'm the only one at my LGS who plays armada so I'm often running matches against myself.

Feels kinda sad sometimes.
>>
how plausible is a "hyperspace rerouter" in star wars?

What does a Hyperspace Rerouter do? Well, if a ship should try to jump into a system with this device the rerouter will change the oncoming ship's destination coordinates to another random location. (ex: jump from Naboo to rerouter system but end up over,say, Tatooine instead.)
>>
>>50618376
Completely impossible given what we know about Hyperspace mechanics.
>>
>>50618388
alright, fair enough, but if say someone wanted to keep people out of a given system w/o the need of a massive defense fleet, how would one go about doing that within the Star Wars cannon?
>>
>>50618428
Hyperspace minefield, essentially a combination of interdiction and mines, dragging large planetoids into the way. (CAN be navigated around, but it takes time to plot secondary jumps, that's what mines are for)

Effectively what the rebels did to make approaching Mon Calamari incredibly costly (It also made LEAVING Mon Calamari difficult so the Empire didn't mind too much.)
>>
File: consider.png (31KB, 689x768px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
31KB, 689x768px
>>50618428
>>50618478

Most jump points into a system are aimed at lagrange points, because its safer - otherwise your safety dumps you out at the first sign of a mass shadow, and you might autopilot right into a planet.

Pirates tend to wait a lagrange points as well, for exactly this reason.

Plus, most starships dont have ace astrogators, and even droids\astrogation computers play by the rules and play it safe.

Set u[ some kind of defense at a Lagrange point, like some automated weapons platforms, or a giant asteroid with a shitton of guns on it - or if you want to be rude about it, just mine the fuck out of the area.

First visitor will get fucked. Give special coordinates to trusted visitors so they can plot a course into the interior and bypass the defenses
>>
>>50618478
Well I want it to be something where the locals can come and go as they please, but if a hostile force were to approach they could switch the whole system into "siege mode" making entry all but impossible.

would a hyperspace minefield be able to achieve that? or is that too much to ask?

...Could be a combination of the two? have planetoids be shifted around to limit the possible ways into the system while simultaniously mining the ever-loving fuck out of the few clear paths into the system...

...might also have defense stations located near these passes so they can fire on anything that tries to cross the minefield, having to navigate both mines and turbolaser volleys simultaneously would make even the boldest Imperial commander really consider if its even worth it...

Just thinking out loud here, jump in if you have anything to add.
>>
>>50618284
Why would you go to a game store and take up 2 tables for yourself? I'm mad enough both Armada and Rebellion consume 2 tables for 2 player games as is, but you are a whole new kind of faggot.
>>
>>50614233
Imp Assault is slated towards the Empire winning pretty hard.

Rebs typically need to smash the objective as fast as they can while Imperiale get the luxury of fighting it out forever if they want.

I personally don't like the game much as I feel too strong as an Imperial player and too weak as Rebel.
>>
File: mando w troopers.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mando w troopers.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
How often does the Empire use bounty hunters? I was thinking of a bounty hunter oneshot to test the system with some players, and I thought it would be cool if Grand Admiral Thrawn hired them. The idea is that he wants a personal team of troubleshooters and is pitting the PC team against an NPC party to get at the same target-whoever succeeds earns the contract. Is this too far fetched for the universe and character?
>>
>>50618988
Don't know for sure about Thrawn, but doesn't sound out of place for the SW universe. Although, I would say it sounds more like something an Inquisitor would do rather than a Fleet Officer.
>>
>>50618988This exact premise was a story in tales of the empire, "Side Trip". With Thrawn and everything, check it out for ideas.
>>
>>50617476
I think you mean right.
>>
>>50614244
EABF is a great game, fantastic even, for the first hour or two. After that it becomes shit because you realize that in that two hour span you've exhausted all of the content of a $100+ game.
>>
>>50614539
Just do what Star Wars fans have done since the 80s. Ignore shit canon, use good canon. It's very loose.
>>
>>50619068
Just did, sounds pretty awesome, might pick up the book for some inspiration but I just wanted to know that the premise is possible.
>>
>>50619202
All of the Tales books were pretty great. As for your premise Thrawn always used underworld elements(in old canon anyway).
>>
>>50613891
I'm literally watching Gladiator right now.
>>
>>50618376
>>50618388
>>50618428
>>50618478
>>50618560
What about a navigational chart or navcomputer virus. A lot like what dooku/sifodias did to Kamino in the republic registry? You could infect a navicomputer's update holotransmitter system with the virus, that it would pump out on the next regular update. Its do-able since even in starwars there us galactic spin, and its used to navigate by system. (rimward vs outer and up and down spin are used in the old-cannon) so it could make a system "dissapear" given time. Especially if you got to the Coroscant Central Republic/Imperial Navigational bureau's main dooper computer. It could be a neat story point if you were in an Imperial Agent rpg game and told to make a special project 'disappear'. I figure everybodies navicomputer updates every time Tay connect to the holonet or dock at any reputable spaceport. We also know that navicomputers can be artificially updated because of one of the talon carde stores, he has various pirate hangouts marked in his, and shared by ship to ship comms.
>>
File: renegadesquadron.jpg (98KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
renegadesquadron.jpg
98KB, 640x360px
>>50613891

Thinking about running an AoR campaign with the PCs as members of a Rebel armored divison. What would be a good starting vehicle for them?
>>
>>50619773
A stolen Imp transport or something
>>
File: Hollander.png (59KB, 948x930px) Image search: [Google]
Hollander.png
59KB, 948x930px
>>50619773
Stolen TIEs with the starship leg upgrade. Discount Battlemech scout lance. Pic related--it's what happens when you stick legs on the turbolaser TIE.
>>
My group who has primarily played D&D is looking to branch out and try a Star Wars tabletop game. Is this the best place to get started?
>>
File: Beasts.jpg (209KB, 1000x497px) Image search: [Google]
Beasts.jpg
209KB, 1000x497px
>>50614233
>how hard is it to paint the figures?
If you have experience painting figures for other games, it shouldn't be particularly hard. It has been a definite learning experience for me, but I hadn't painted before I started with Imperial Assault. I'm still not great, but I'm happy with how I'm progressing. Pic related is my most recent project.
>Are the figures about 40k size?
Yeah, it's pretty close. You can look at a size comparison to some figures here: http://www.adpublishing.de/assets/images/FFG_SW.jpg It looks like a Stormtrooper is pretty comparable with a Space Marine.
>how does it play in competitive?
I really like the map/objective system, instead of it just being an attrition system. They're still getting the balance down just right, but it's getting better all the time.
>Is there a DM game style?
Sort of. The campaign mode assumes a strongly adversarial role for the Imperial player, who is essence the GM. He has the hidden information and runs all the enemies, while the Rebel players each run one hero, and they may collectively control an ally or small group of allies.
>Is it a point buy with upgrades like xwing?
Not exactly. In the campaign, heroes gain XP that they can spend on new abilities and credits they can spend on new weapons, armor, and other equipment. It's sort of like an extremely stripped-down RPG in that way. Likewise, the Imperial player gains XP for new abilities and "influence" that can be used to buy "agendas," which are typically single-use benefits, although some you can use every mission.
>Is it balanced by point levels? Like are rebel troopers and stormtroopers evenly matched?
The skirmish mode is balanced by point levels. Rebel troopers and Stormtroopers play a little bit differently but are matched reasonably well in terms of power. Stormtroopers have the slight advantage, I think.
>is it usable for starwars figured based rpgs?
Yeah, the figures are great as visualization aids for an RPG, especially when they're painted up.
>>
>>50619773
converted landspeeders
you hit an run
>>
File: IG-88 with Droids.jpg (136KB, 1000x608px) Image search: [Google]
IG-88 with Droids.jpg
136KB, 1000x608px
>>50614233
>>50619959 (cont.)
>is it usable for starwars figure based rpgs?
I should add, if you have figures from the old Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Miniatures line, most things are pretty close in scale with Imperial Assault. At least close enough that I'd call it good for an RPG, anyway.
>Are the map templates useable for other things, like base mapping? Are there map tile boosters like there are for D&D?
I don't think they would be great for something like that, but you could design an encounter area in an RPG using the tiles. There are not any boosters at this point, and I don't really expect there will be.

Overall, I love the game. If you only play the campaign, you're looking at 11 or more game sessions with up to four other people. If you're paying full retail price, that might not be a great value, but it's better than some other games I've played. If you like the skirmish side and end up playing it regularly, it becomes a much better value.

Oh, and if you're concerned about painting, there is a guy doing fantastic tutorials for it on YouTube.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In12QLHJxqc&t=3s
He has 30 different Imperial Assault tutorials, and they all cover at least one type of figure, while some cover two similar figures.
>>
>>50615969
Blast doors will be great on the high-health ships. I don't think it will see much play on the MC30's (not that they need it) or light cruisers.
>>
>>50618376
Impossible. However, in my experience, most great RPG stories have a "But that's impossible!!" moment. Include it to make your players freak out, and it'll be memorable as hell.
The only issue I have is that it's kind of annoying and overpowered. My suggestion: the players are doing a blue milk run (bonus point if it's literally blue milk) and their hyperspace jump is rerouted to somewhere else. Maybe they're conveniently close to the space station that caused it, I don't know, that's your job as the GM.
Now they have to destroy it, sabotage it, steal the plans, destroy the prototypes, etc.
>>
>>50619940
Welcome to the club.
>>
>>50619528
>>50620172

*cough* Ranulph Tarkin *cough cough* Stark Hyperspace War
>>
File: Experimental TIE Walker.png (195KB, 947x751px) Image search: [Google]
Experimental TIE Walker.png
195KB, 947x751px
>>50619927
>finally finished crunching the numbers on Raith Sienare's latest crackpot idea
>only 2.30PM
>Hey lazy workday for once
>DING!
>"You have 1 New message from: Raith Sienar, CEO"
>Ah shite what now?
>"Gentlemen! I was just in a meeting with the CREAM de la CREME of our most valued customer and know what they talked about? WALKERS! BLOODY WALKERS! Our new TIE Mauler tank is a COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE! YOU NIMWITS WERE TOLD OT MAKE A TIE TANK AND YOU COCKED IT UP ROYALLY! I drew up something that will please those high and mighty generals during our lunch break. See attached file. AND MAKE IT WORK THIS TIME! OR YOU ARE FIRED. THE LOT OF YOU!"
>open up the schematic file
>It... it's a TIE Experimental M1 stuck to a pair of modified AT-DP legs
>fuck fuck fuck fuck
>the crazy old coot wants us to build this shit?
>plug in the numbers into our developer server
>surf the holonet for job offers while the cumputers churn away
>>
File: gotta go fast.png (446KB, 636x720px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.png
446KB, 636x720px
>>50620554
A weapon to surpass the Death Star.
>>
File: House Steiner.png (604KB, 749x581px) Image search: [Google]
House Steiner.png
604KB, 749x581px
>>50620554
>Sienar
>Siener
>Seiner
>Steiner
>>
>>50620554
>finally finished crunching the numbers on Raith Sienar's latest crackpot idea
>only 2.30PM
>Hey lazy workday for once
>DING!
>"You have 1 New message from: Raith Sienar, CEO"
>Ah shite what now?
>"Gentlemen! I was just in a meeting with the CREAM de la CREME of our most valued customer and know what they talked about? WALKERS! BLOODY WALKERS! Our new TIE Mauler tank is a COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE! YOU NIMWITS WERE TOLD OT MAKE A TIE TANK AND YOU COCKED IT UP ROYALLY! I drew up something that will please those high and mighty generals during our lunch break. See attached file. AND MAKE IT WORK THIS TIME! OR YOU ARE FIRED. THE LOT OF YOU!"
>open up the schematic file
>It... it's a TIE Experimental M1 stuck to a pair of modified AT-DP legs
>fuck fuck fuck fuck
>the crazy old coot wants us to build this shit?
>plug in the numbers into our developer server
>surf the holonet for job offers while the computers churn away

(Never greentext while drunk people. those typos were horrible)
>>
So first order ships for armada when?
>>
>>50620554
>>50620604
For those of you wondering how to emulate Raith Sienar, read 2-3 random picks from the Featured Archive from Daily WTF site.

http://thedailywtf.com/series/feature-articles
>>
File: 1480630304017.jpg (191KB, 1490x804px) Image search: [Google]
1480630304017.jpg
191KB, 1490x804px
>>50620646
Hopefully soon.

The concept art for First Order cruisers was great.
>>
File: 1409514809012.png (156KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
1409514809012.png
156KB, 355x355px
>>50620846
>All that wasted negative space
>Space that could have been taken up by lasers, hangars, armor, coolant, living quarters, hydroponics, water storage, or cargo bays
>Getting from port to starboard requires hoofing it all the way around the aft section
>>
>>50620846
God that looks retarded.
>>
File: trade federation ship.jpg (99KB, 775x400px) Image search: [Google]
trade federation ship.jpg
99KB, 775x400px
>>50620919
Star Wars has never been known for it practicality.
>>
>>50620846
No. That's fucking horrible. Kill yourself.
>>
>>50620846
>>50620919
>>50621034
See, that's designed to be modular and fit a massive freight landing pod with enough extra space to botch the docking without crashing. They were not intended as warships.
>>
File: imperial-cargo-ship_40565cbb.jpg (76KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
imperial-cargo-ship_40565cbb.jpg
76KB, 768x432px
>>50621338
>not intended as warships
>Apparently given a "cruiser" designation
>Still shaped like a warship instead of a freighter
>Not just a gigantic box with engines
>Or a gigantic tug that hauls fuckloads of boxes hooked up to its aft so it doesn't have to worry about space
It's still stupid, just a different flavor of stupid. It's impractical, even by Star Wars standards. Hell, even Rebels managed to design something more practical, and this is the show that gave us lightsaber VTOL and spinning Vic Vipers.
>>
>>50620846

I hope so too anon. Sucks that we're not gonna get much in the way of a full line ships till the new trilogy is fully done.

Also consider me alone here but I love that negative space design. It's unique that's for sure. Would be cool if it was modular like that anon said. Maybe have a massive inline weapon replace the ball.
>>
Anyone interested in my imperial remnant game mentioned in these last threads really has to drop some emails and such.
>>
>>50621771

Refresh my memory. Time and relevant info for the game?
>>
>>50621518
But we just covered that it wasn't an effective warship shape.
>>
>>50621889
The point is that it's a horribly inefficient freighter shape, too.
>>
>>50621771
>>50621870
Wed, 3:30pm EST onwards till whenever.
>>
>>50621901
Not really, It's just two really long hangars and a drop/liftoff pod for moving freight when there's not tugs to do so.
>>
>>50620919

Negative space is fine in space. It can actually help with energy-dissipation issues, especially with some theories as to how 'force fields' might work.
>>
>>50621923
I never replied to any of your earlier comments until this thread, but unfortunately for me I don't usually clock out from work until 4pm EST, sometimes later.
>>
File: MG REX.jpg (24KB, 375x266px) Image search: [Google]
MG REX.jpg
24KB, 375x266px
>>50613891

What would the Star Wars equivelent of pic related be?
>>
>>50618799
>2 tables for yourself?
I don't, I use one table and will surrender it if someone else needs it, for god's sake I'm not some narcissist! just occasionally neurotic
>>
>>50622204
Either an AT-ST, AT-AT, or an AT-TE.
AT-PT's are too small...
>>
>>50622204

There's a bipedal walker design on fractalsponge which is pretty METAL GEAR
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 768x576px
>>50622258

You mean this one?
>>
File: Clank!.jpg (146KB, 1369x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Clank!.jpg
146KB, 1369x1566px
>>50617351
>[uncovers dartboard covered in female characters]
Not even funny!
R need some good old fashioned, dumb blokey adventures of fellas just blowing shit up and getting into fights.

>>50622258
He does some pretty good walkers
>>
File: battletech 2017 atlas.jpg (60KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
battletech 2017 atlas.jpg
60KB, 800x450px
>>50622584
Looks like it came straight outta the Inner Sphere. I wonder if anyone's done an Imperialized Atlas.
>>
>>50622204
In the canon Ani and Obi comic Metal Gear is literally the Metal Gear.
>>
>>50622737
Wait what?
>>
File: AT-XT metal Gear.jpg (252KB, 627x768px) Image search: [Google]
AT-XT metal Gear.jpg
252KB, 627x768px
>>50622737
>>50622764
I thought it was going to be a lazy trace, but no, it's Greg "Naked Frank" Rucka drawing Metalgearish AT-XTs.
>>
>>50622785
Did any clones fistfight on top of the Metal Gears?
>>
File: Imperial Dark Trooper Phase V.jpg (164KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Dark Trooper Phase V.jpg
164KB, 960x600px
>>50622679
Does this count?
>>
File: TIE NeoFighter.jpg (418KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TIE NeoFighter.jpg
418KB, 1280x720px
>>50622204
Metal TieGear?
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (94KB, 756x1004px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
94KB, 756x1004px
>>50622785
>Metal Gear
That's clearly a Mad Dog
>>
>>50622816
These aren't from the Clone Wars, unfortunately. Not only is the planet not part of the Republic (from what I remember), this is set about six years before the start of the Clone Wars, when Anakin is about 13 years old.
>>
>>50622827
Not quite. Insufficient greeble and doesn't look enough like a walking tank. It does have some bitchin' sunglasses, though.
>>
>>50622785

what the fucccccccccccccck

that's cool
>>
>>50622827
holy shit that's radical
>>
>>50622866
So they're at-xt-xts.
>>
>>50622926
Not even. We're not even given a name for what they are, though signs seem to indicate that they're at least a generation old and are actually slugthrowers - Obi-Wan stops some bullets with his saber later in that same issue (and fails to stop some white-hot debris from some bullets that didn't fully disintegrate as well).
>>
Hey quick question in reference to a rule wording in the Edge of the Empire book regarding Charm.

With a triumph does the player choose if the npc becomes an ally or does the GM? I ask because under Charm it states that a despair is the result is as always dictated by the GM.

Like when wouldn't a player decide, "This guy is total bro's with us?"
>>
>>50623120
In the end, its up to the GM to accept the result.

Usually I set these people up as future contacts.
>>
File: Why things don't work.jpg (829KB, 1500x937px) Image search: [Google]
Why things don't work.jpg
829KB, 1500x937px
>>50622827
>>
>>50623053
The heads are definitely AT-XTs.
>>
>>50623246
Eh, close, but not 1:1. Definitely could be some variant, but it's implied that the planet has been out of contact with the Republic for quite some time before Anakin and Obi-Wan arrive.

The chin is definitely different from the image that the Wook has.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/AT-XT

I think the guns on the top/back of the head are different, too.

Legs are also definitely different, the ones in the comic are not just bulkier, they're bigger overall in relation to the head in comparison to the AT-XT.

Definitely inspired by the XT, though.

Unfortunately, the comic doesn't have any good shots of the top of the head so I can't verify if there are three guns or just two.
>>
File: capture_3610_09122016_215547.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capture_3610_09122016_215547.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
Ah TORtanic, an entertaining dressup game with a bullshit casino attached.,
>>
Star Wars is good and all but it doesn't seem to have a waifu to suit me.
>>
File: 1460912532838.jpg (431KB, 1000x1708px) Image search: [Google]
1460912532838.jpg
431KB, 1000x1708px
>>50623980
Not even Rei?
>>
File: 1475435933985.png (206KB, 432x413px) Image search: [Google]
1475435933985.png
206KB, 432x413px
>>50623980
Not yet anon, but tell me what you'd like to see, maybe I'll take a suggestion.
>>
File: ETR1.jpg (20KB, 375x278px) Image search: [Google]
ETR1.jpg
20KB, 375x278px
>>50623980
As long as you don't Waifu Worst girl here it's all fine, you'll find one eventually.
>>
>>50623995
being a mary sue automatically makes you ineligible waifu material
>>
File: In Legends, these two fucked.jpg (43KB, 702x337px) Image search: [Google]
In Legends, these two fucked.jpg
43KB, 702x337px
>>50623980
You're not looking hard enough
>>
>>50623995
Not really. She isn't butch enough for me.

>>50624003
Pic related as a badass Matukai.
>>
File: IMG_0769.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>50624012
What the fuck do you have against BB-8!? You fucktard! He's half the mary sue that faggot R2-D2 is!!!
>>
>>50624026
You mean like the woman from the recent Star Wars Annual?
>>
>>50619773

AAC-1
>>
>>50624050
Umm... maybe? I haven't read it. Did I basically describe someone who recently became a canon character?
>>
>>50619773
Space technicals. A hovertruck with a souped-up engine, slap-on armor plating, and a blaster cannon mounted on the bed.
>>
>>50624073
Woman introduced in Star Wars Annual #2. Real name Pash Davane, nicknamed Bash. She's bodybuilder-tier in size.

https://i2.wp.com/www.badcomics.it/wp/wp-content/uploads-badcomics/2016/12/star-wars-annual-2-interior-art-1.jpg
>>
>>50624058
does that even have stats yet?
>>
File: Waifumaterial.png (2MB, 819x939px) Image search: [Google]
Waifumaterial.png
2MB, 819x939px
>>50624073
>>
>>50624113
>>50624126
I don't even have a muscle fetish or anything, but in the time since you all mentioned it, I found and started reading it. She's amazing. I want to hug her.
>>
File: davefiloni[1].jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
davefiloni[1].jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>50624152
It would be a shame if something were to happen to her...
>>
>>50624169
Dave it's late and you're scaring the chilluns
>>
File: 1475797132567.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1475797132567.gif
2MB, 500x278px
>>50624199
DAMN IT KATHLEEN, GO BACK TO WRITING YOUR ALL FEMALE MOVIE AND LEAVE ME TO MY WORK.
>>
File: IMG_20161209_231035.png (167KB, 4000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161209_231035.png
167KB, 4000x1200px
Does anyone else wish that engines in SW did more than just glow? Where's the thrust diamonds on the A-Wing?
>>
>>50624279
do shock diamonds even form in vacuum?
>>
>>50624964
No, but neither does sound.
>>
>>50624026
My brother
>>50624126
And here comes another round of tertiary character waifus. It ain't even fair.

Also, for those waiting for stats, I'll have them finished and up on here by end of day saturday, 100%.
I'm just too drunk to do it now
>>
So Droids are pretty weird, eh? I mean, you have these entities which are independent, which have some form of intelligence, who develop distinct personalities, who feel pain, and who have complex emotions.

Yet they're treated worse than any slave, no matter the alignment of that faction. Jedi, Sith, Republic, Confederacy, Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, New Republic, First Order... All treat droids cruelly without any regard. How is this not a troubling aspect of the Star Wars universe?
>>
>>50625466
The thing is a droid that's wiped early never does develop a personality, it's basically reset back, its cognition is delayed.
>>
>>50619927
I always wonder how a cannon this big on a chassis this small doesn't make it do a double backflip the first time it fires
>>
>>50625492
They still feel pain (as demonstrated by the torture of that Gonk in Jabba's Palace) and have intelligence.
>>
Anti-flying anti-fun list with Boshek

Bossk + VI + Mangler +Dengar + Outlaw tech + zuckuss + glitterstim + counter-measures

Moralo Eval + Mangler cannon + 4-lom + k4 droid + Boshek +Glittermstim + counter-measures

Have them in a corner and have bossk doing 0 stops and moralo keeps bumping into bossk with green 1 straights
>>
>>50625466

Personally how people treat droids ties into my explanation for the lack of tech/technological advancement and the existence of the Force.

A long time ago, there was a big war against Strong AI, and the restricted-AIs bound to modified-humanity's service eventually built a superweapon that they deployed in some ubiquitious manner - rewritten reality, subatomic nanomachinery, a single horrifically powerful device able to reach through space (and maybe time?). This smashed the Strong AIs, and in due time the humanity-aiding AIs as well. And then anyone augmented enough to 'count as' AI.

This superweapon, due to poor targeting parameters, keeps everyone in the galaxy at the 'analog computers' level. Special natural substances and remnant tech (hyperdrives) are the order of the day because people have to design and build these things by hand using their brains. Anything that even looks like augmented intelligence has some weeeiiirrrd flaw that gets exploited by a jedi/sith and is destroyed with a single prot torpedo. And human-level-intelligence 'droids' are still treated like crap. Because while they might not trigger the 'send a jedi' levels of paranoia from the superweapon, or whatever it does to real Strong AIs, they are still enough to trigger 'These are the droids you should treat like shit' mind control from this superweapon - aka, the Force.
>>
File: (You).jpg (81KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
81KB, 480x270px
>>50625567
>>
File: Compforce.jpg (142KB, 780x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Compforce.jpg
142KB, 780x1170px
>>50625567
>>50625634
I still want to make up the conspiracy theorist NPC one day (or PC if I ever get to play)
His whole cabin will be a crazy wall with post-its, bits of string, plasfilm print outs of news and the clone wars was an inside job

Course if I can manage in a pirate holonet broadcast it would be even better!
>>
>>50625567
My explanation for the relative lack of technological advancement is that they've gotten to a point where nearly any advance would require infeasible resources. Remember the scene where Owen asks C-3P0 if he can translate the language of moisture vaporators? Implying that fairly basic farming equipment is so complex as to have their own language and require a fully sapient AI just to communicate with them?
Imagine an entire galaxy of that, of twenty-five thousand years worth of legacy systems and spaghetti code, where even common systems are on the outer edge of human comprehension and everything makes sense. Droids are wiped frequently, tightly controlled, and treated like shit because the meat barely have control over their own technology as it is. They don't need even more advanced technology on top of all their existing problems.
>>
>>50625686
>the clone wars was an inside job
I see what you did there.
>>
>>50625466
except for luke, who risks his life for Artoo
>>
>>50625554
>droids feel pain
>droids have emotions

how many B1s fought as disposable cannon fodder in the clone wars again?
>>
>>50625775
the separatists didnt have the manpower that the republic did, since most of their planets were from the less dense outer rim
>>
>>50625781
still, the war had to be rough on all those poor droids. Being designated jobber can't be fun
>>
>>50625810
that gives me an idea for my next character
a B1 battledroid, reactivated to help the alliance, and liberally decorated with starbirds and stripes to prevent friendly fire
>>
>>50625724

That only really works as an explanation if every single entity capable of creating advanced spreadable technology has that point of view. And there's like.. cyborgs and tech-fetishists and tech-cultists and crazy people literally everywhere in SW. Plus all the things advanced computing would be used for in a sci-fi society instead aren't. That's an artifact of the time the movies were originally shot in, but it has to be taken as a fact of the setting (especially since it's been upheld in more recent media).
>>
>>50625554
At least in the old EU that took a great deal of modification by the pain-obsessed droid torturemaster.
>>
I hate these bastards, the four turbolasers can hit anywhere and shoot down fucking missiles.
>>
>>50625887
R2 screamed when he was hit by vader in ANH, so he seems to feel being hit by a blaster
>>
>>50625904
Most everything screams when hit by Vader, its like being hit with 12 months worth of R9K's sexual frustration.
>>
>>50625850
I'm thinking it's less conservatism and more that they simply *cannot* sustain anything more complex than what they currently have on a large scale. A logistical, as well as psychological limitation. Given the presence of near-pastoral lifestyles on otherwise cosmopolitan worlds- Naboo springs to mind- I would even suggest that Star Wars technology is actually in a state of recession from some earlier high-water mark.
>>
The maul episode of Rebels went up way early on the Disney XD's webpage, free if you have the right cable package.
>>
>>50624026
>That picture
Anon why do you encourage this poor man's habit of having fruitless crushes on lesbians?
>>
>>50625775
>>50625781
It's even worse in TCW, where it's clearly indicated that B1s have personalities. Their deaths are played for laughs because they're droids but it's quite apparent that they're sentient.
>>
>>50624004
What would that even look like if it had more polygons?
>>
>>50626171
Satan's shit-smeared sphincter.

They're literally the worst.
>>
>>50624113
Did somebody say "muscular Star Wars girls?"
>>
>>50626073
Actually a few of them are bi or even straight. Just less common.
>>
>>50627673
I'm aware, I just have bad luck finding those ones.
>>
Hey /tg/ got a question.

What is the prefix for starships used by the Republic and CIS? I know the Republic uses RAS (Republic Assault Ship) for Acclamators.
>>
>>50627912
Im not 100% sure, but id imagine it would be something like R.W.S. (Republic War Ship) and C.W.S. (Confederate War Ship).
>>
File: Beta-class_assault_shuttle.jpg (170KB, 980x526px) Image search: [Google]
Beta-class_assault_shuttle.jpg
170KB, 980x526px
>>50625899
have you tried not being rebel scum?

all kidding aside Imperial transports are pure sex, all of them are armed to the teeth. Its like having a second wing of bombers/heavy interceptors in your hanger bays
>>
>>50626086
the generic B1s actually have more personality than the generic clones
>>
File: mandalorian shitposter.png (303KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian shitposter.png
303KB, 900x900px
>>50628575
If IRL military bants are anything to go by, giving personality to Space ANZAC grunts would probably make the film very family-unfriendly.
>>
>>50628608
>this guy has so many cocks drawn on his armor that they're actually working as camouflage now
>>
>>50628158
C.W.S sounds familiar. Thanks anon.
>>
Some regional tournys are going on if anyone cares
>>
File: 1479799225916.jpg (75KB, 719x512px) Image search: [Google]
1479799225916.jpg
75KB, 719x512px
when does rebels get good and the main characters stop winning because of the imperials incompetence
>>
>>50629968
They aren't winning because Imperial incompetence anon.

They've lost big time against Vader and Tarkin. It looks as if they will lose against Thrawn soon.

Other imperials lose because they underestimate the rebel group, a new individual arrives to help, or the group gets lucky.
>>
>>50629968
Further, they don't have to lose to make the show good.

I enjoy the art, lore and characters even in the worse episodes.
>>
>>50629968
Vader have pushed their collective shit in every time they've encountered him

Tarkin has outsmarted them several times

Thrawn is (probably) about to pull a JUST AS PLANNED on them
>>
File: how vile.png (26KB, 553x583px) Image search: [Google]
how vile.png
26KB, 553x583px
>>50630030
>It looks as if they will lose against Thrawn soon.

there is of course the off chance that Thrawn dies. But diddney would do that to such a well known character, r-right?
>>
>>50630085
>Thrawn
>Not dying
Did you not read the Thrawn Trilogy or something? Also, Zahn's writing a Thrawn book, so he's unlikely to be killed off in Rebels.
>>
>>50630030
>>50630073

I'm only a 5 episodes in and the imperials are all literally bumbling

I guess I gotta stick it a little more
>>
>>50630100
I meant in the series. Like a couple of other jobbers have done. Naturally he'll die eventually
>>
>>50630102
Season 1 deals with the local imperials at first.

Of course they are bumbling, they have no idea how to deal with Rebels. Further, they are weak and will be shown the reward for weakness.

>>50630100
>>50630085
He won't die in this season. They'll carry him over for the next few seasons likely, giving Phoenix Squadron an antagonist that isn't Vader or Tarkin to fight against.
>>
>>50630120
I'm hoping Wendig isn't the only one to cover the Battle of Jakku. It would be cool if the battle that broke the Imperial Navy in nucanon was also nuThrawn's Bilbringi moment.
>>
>>50630102
>5 episodes in
Well shits gonna hit the fan pretty soon fampai.
>>
>>50630153
Claudia Gray covered it in Lost Stars for a few chapters.

I'm sure we'll get multiple writers giving us different accounts.
>>
>>50630176
There'd better be a Michael Stackpole book about it. We can't have a fuckhuge naval battle without Wedge.
>>
File: image5.jpg (627KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
image5.jpg
627KB, 1280x536px
On the left, isn't this guy a little tall for a stormtrooper?
>>
>>50630198
Nah. Donny Yen's just that short.
>>
File: you mockin me.jpg (19KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
you mockin me.jpg
19KB, 201x200px
>>50630198
>Stormies clearly recognize him as a threat
>Still stand within whacking range
Spaarti clones detected.
>>
>>50630102

Last time the imperials bumbled and fucked everything up for too long, heads rolled. Very literally, Tarkin had them decapitated in his office.
>>
>>50630252
5'8" is average height.

The stormie on the left is much closer to the camera than Donnie Yen is, so of course he appears bigger.
>>
File: 1478470324836.png (197KB, 286x368px) Image search: [Google]
1478470324836.png
197KB, 286x368px
>>50630311
>5'8" is average height.
when will they learn
>>
>>50630310
Anon, he hasn't gotten there yet.
>>
>>50630310
Isn't that a little violent for a childrens series cartoon program
>>
>>50618376
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowblade

It is very much possible.
>>
>>50630351
Just wait until season 2's finale.

Filoni wanted the bisection to be shown and even had it animated before a last second split from execs
>>
File: Tales from Jabba's Palace.jpg (70KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tales from Jabba's Palace.jpg
70KB, 350x600px
So, Tales from Jabba's Palace

The second Kevin J Anderson-edited Tales book goes to Return of the Jedi and the various background characters occupying space in Jabba's palace at the time and just how many of them were plotting to assassinate the Hutt.

1) A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale by Kevin J Anderson. The story of Malakili, animal trainer for the Circus Horrificus and how the the Rancor came to Tatooine. A fun, pulpy “a boy and his dog” kind of story that has the rancor tearing a group of tusken raiders to shreds. Betrays Jabba.

2) Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef by Barbara Hambly. Porcellus is a highly talented chef tasked with pleasing Jabba, which makes him constantly terrified and paranoid. Actually doesn't betray Jabba, but gets accused of putting a curse on the hutt's food.

3) That's Entertainment: The Tale of Salacious Crumb, by Esther M. Friesner. A stuffy sociology professor named Melvosh Bloor comes to the palace to score an interview with Jabba, and runs into the Kowakian Monkey-Lizard thinking its his guide. It goes badly for the academic in a black comedy way. Does not betray Jabba.

4) A Time to Mourn, a Time to Dance: Oola's Tale, by Kathy Tyers. A sad story about Oola the dancer being promised a life of luxury and then having it all go wrong when she and another dancer arrive in Mos Eisley, Luke Skywalker stumbles upon them and manages to rescue the younger twi'lek, Sienn, but Oola remains naĂŻve and goes along to her eventual fate. Gives the character a bit of dignity and elaborates on the twi'lek head tails & culture, and how tattooing Sienn's is unbearably painful.

1/
>>
File: Mara_Jade_Arica.png (508KB, 763x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mara_Jade_Arica.png
508KB, 763x500px
>>50630430
5) Let Us Prey: The Whipid's Tale, by Marina Fitch and Mark Budz. J'Quille is a whipid hunter in Jabba's service who's secretly working for, and thinks he's in a relationship with, Lady Valarian. Paranoid and jumpy, he's also been slowly poisoning Jabba's food and is being blackmailed by somebody. Totally betrays Jabba.

6) Sleight of Hand: The Tale of Mara Jade by Timothy Zahn. Kind of a nothing story, since its about why Mara Jade was too busy with bullshit inside Jabba's palace while disguised as a dancer to make an attempt on Luke's life.

7) And Then There Were Some: The Gamorrean Guard's Tale by William F. Wu. Gartogg is the dumbest Gamorrean guard in the palace, but takes it upon himself to solve the mystery of why people are being murdered in Jabba's Palace. One of the funniest stories in the book.

8) Old Friends: Ephant Mon's Tale by Kenneth C. Flint. Ephant Mon is a Chevin gunrunner and Jabba's only actual friend. He tries to warn Jabba of the danger Skywalker poses, is ignored, and decides to part ways with Jabba to rethink his life. Doesn't actually betray Jabba.

9) Goatgrass: The Tale of Ree-Yees by Deborah Wheeler. A drunken Gran asshole conspiring with Tessek to kill Jabba with a bomb. He also has a bomb implanted in him with a dead man switch tied to Jabba. We also learn female Gran have three breasts. Betrays Jabba.

2/
>>
>>50630330
>being verticalist

At 5'7", I'm below the average height in the US, which is... actually 5'10" now that I look it up, not 5'8" as I thought it was.

Average height worldwide is still under 6 foot. Taking into account a lot of the poorer countries (where men average closer to 5'3"-5'5"), it's actually pretty close to 5'8" overall.
>>
>>50630452
10) And the Band Played On: The Band's Tale, by John Gregory Betancourt. The story of how Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers came to Tatooine, became The Max Rebo Band, and how Max negotiated a deal working for Jabba in exchange for unlimited food. Sy Snootles betrays Jabba. Max only cares about food. Droopy McCool is just a mysterious weirdo.

11) Of the Day's Annoyances: Bib Fortuna's Tale, by M. Shayne Bell. Bib Fortuna is a scheming asshole who is secretly connected to every single plot against Jabba and wants to take over. It doesn't go well and he gets his brain put in a jar.

12) The Great God Quay: The Tale of Barada and the Weequays by George Alec Effinger. The other really funny story, this one's about the Weequays investigating the murder of their chief and trying to find a bomb on Jabba's Sail Barge. All while consulting their god Quay: which is essentially a magic 8 ball.

13) A Bad Feeling: The Tale of EV-9D9 by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. EV-9D9 is a sadistic bitch of a droid who experiments with pain on other droids. She's also on the run from Bespin after fucking it up a bit, and gets panicky when she sees Lando show up at the palace. Very Grindhouse style. Doesn't betray Jabba.

14) A Free Quarren in the Palace: Tessek's Tale by Dave Wolverton. Jabba's Quarren accountant also wants to take over his operation but his schemes collapse and he barely escapes with his life. Betrays Jabba, gets his brain put in a jar.

3/
>>
File: Ponda_arm.jpg (91KB, 800x384px) Image search: [Google]
Ponda_arm.jpg
91KB, 800x384px
>>50630398
>before a last second split from execs
Wimps.
>>
>>50630480
15) Tongue Tied: Bubo's Tale by Daryl F. Mallett. The shortest story, about Buboicullaar the frog-dog, who's actually an assassin and spy and sort of working with Ree-Yees, but betrays the Gran and joins the B'omarr monks as a brain in a jar. Betrays Jabba.

16) Out of the Closet: The Assassin's Tale by Jennifer Roberson. Another shitty first-person Dannik Jerriko tale. He's behind at least two of the murders in the palace and is biding his time to drink Han Solo and/or Jabba's soup but misses out when they leave for Carkoon and flips the fuck out when he finds out they're gone. Better than his first story, but still pretty bad. Betrays Jabba.

17) Shaara and the Sarlacc: The Skiff Guard's Tale by Dan'l Danehy-Oakes. A nameless skiff guard tells Boba Fett a story about the Sarlacc on the way to Carkoon. Fluffy, but fun in a campfire tale sort of way.

4/

God I'm glad Tales of the Bounty Hunters is only 5 stories long
>>
>>50630476
Fuck off manlet.
>>
>>50630391
I'm sorry, the Wook article isn't clear. What does this hyper-point whatchaymadoit do?
>>
>>50630485
I know.

I wonder how often filoni faps to the tears of waifufags over this scene.
>>
>>50630490
18) A Barve Like That: The Tale of Boba Fett by “J.D. Montgomery” (actually Daniel Keys Moran using a pen name after Lucasfilm heavily edited the story). Boba Fett is trapped inside the Sarlacc and communicates with some of the consciousnesses trapped inside until the Sarlacc's first victim, Susejo, pisses him off enough to escape. Boba Fett then returns a year later to fire the engines of Slave II at the Sarlacc for a while and vows to come back every year and do it again.

19) Skin Deep: The Fat Dancer's Tale, by A.C. Crispin. Yarna d'al' Gargan is the six breasted fat dancer from Jabba's palace, and tries to escape in the chaos after his death and has a close call with a crazed Dannik Jerriko but is helped by Sergeant Doallyn, a hydron-three breathing near human big game hunter with a scarred up face. They escape and start to form a relationship, and Doallyn kills a Krayt Dragon on foot and the two eventually form a relationship and leave Tatooine. A nice note to end the book on.

Tales from Jabba's Palace carries through the connected stories theme much more consistently, with Gartogg's murder investigation weaving through a bunch of the stories, sometimes just as a bit of comic relief. There's a lot of dark comedy, and while there are fewer solid standalone stories than in Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, the whole thing fits together better and there are fewer bad stories. Top tier, especially for Scum & Villainy.

done/
>>
>>50630480
>Galactic Jizz-Wailers

This will never not be funny.
>>
File: max rebo2.gif (930KB, 501x256px) Image search: [Google]
max rebo2.gif
930KB, 501x256px
>>50630731
Who doesn't love hot jizz.....................................................bands?
>>
>>50630476
Average human height in 1st world countries is about 5'10"-5'11"

largest average worldwide are the Nordic countries at around 6'2" attributed to genetics, nutrition and better state of prenatal care.

Unless you're from eastern Europe or some 3rd world hellhole you should be at least 5'9" or one standard deviation below the mean unless you have shit genes.

TLDR 5'8" is short.
>>
File: Dannik_Jerriko.jpg (61KB, 775x607px) Image search: [Google]
Dannik_Jerriko.jpg
61KB, 775x607px
>>50630490

>biding his time to drink Han Solo and/or Jabba's soup
>flips the fuck out when he finds out they're gone

I seriosly want to use Jerriko as comic relief character in my next game after hearing you trash him so much. Just this smug-ass edgelord who thinks he's such hot shit, but constantly ends up screwing himself over through his own incompetence or getting his ass handed to him by people who actually get shit done.
>>
>>50630499
>skinny
>ugly
>socially incompetent

"Urr at least I'm not SHORT!!"
>>
>>50630958
TIL Dutch people are Nordic.
>>
File: cqEXUjsRrUiOUQFmLzxI8A.jpg (80KB, 1456x688px) Image search: [Google]
cqEXUjsRrUiOUQFmLzxI8A.jpg
80KB, 1456x688px
>>50630476
hehe... stupid manlets... when will they learn :)
>>
>>50631211
You'd think with your brain closer to your fingers, you'd be able to come up with better comebacks a lot faster than that.
>>
File: Simo Häyhä.png (259KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
Simo Häyhä.png
259KB, 500x719px
>>50631241
Don't say.
Historically speaking manlets have been the most deadly fighters.
>>
>>50631261
I'm not.. whoever you thought was replying to you.

I hope you'll one day be happy with yourself and how your life is going.
>>
>>50631275
He had to have put all this points from height into constitution. How else could he have survived getting half his fucking face shot off?
>>
File: 1478411261625.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478411261625.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>50631275
Isn't he a little short to be a snowtrooper
>>
>>50631241
You don't need to be angry with yourself, anon
>>
>>50631311
Umm??? angry with myself?? heh... I'm 6 foot 4 and over 300 pounds idiot, the only person im agry with... is u... and trust me, you dont want 2 see me angry!!!
>>
>>50631329
I hope you find something else to like about yourself soon
>>
Can you niggers stop talking about height and start talking about Star Wars?
>>
>>50631380
alright

How tall do you think Soontir Fel is? He must be pretty tall, otherwise he'd be beta as fuck
>>
>>50631391
6 foot, according to the wook. Although it also states he's from a farming family - most farmers I've known tend to be a bit above average.
>>
>>50631391
I mean, he IS The People's Champion, so I'd guess around 6ft4 or so
>>
File: people's eyebrow3.jpg (60KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
people's eyebrow3.jpg
60KB, 1920x1080px
>>50631511
The Rock's billed as 6'5" now, according to Wikipedia.
>>
>>50631569
"Billed as 6ft5"
So yeah, around 6ft3 or so
>>
File: hasselhoff.jpg (125KB, 634x845px) Image search: [Google]
hasselhoff.jpg
125KB, 634x845px
>>50631569
More like 6'2".
Hasselhoff is 6'4"
>>
>>50631640
Yeah, but they're not standing even with each other. I mean, he's on a hill slanted down, doesn't look level.
>>
>>50631380
After the failed uprising on Kamino in 12 BBY, Emperor Palpatine came to the conclusion that an army of clone soldiers was far too susceptible to corruption. Thus, he expanded the Stormtrooper Corps to include clones that were created from a variety of genetic templates, effectively marginalizing Jango Fett's progeny into a minority status.[2] In addition to the massive influx of new clone sources, the Corps began recruiting real Human beings to serve in the ranks as enlisted stormtroopers.[19]

If a man between the ages of 18 and 30 scored in the top fifth percentile, an Imperial recruiting agent would contact him and presumably arrange for the extraction of a DNA sampling for cloning. Men who did not score high enough to qualify as a genetic template were still used as regular soldiers. Also, it was preferable if enlisted troopers met a certain standard in height and weight.[source?] Princess Leia Organa was seemingly familiar with Stormtrooper Corps's standards by 0 BBY, perhaps as a result of her work with the Imperial Senate.

What's your favorite subtype of stormtrooper? I'd say dark trooper but not sure if they actually were stormtroopers. Followed by Zero G troopers. Come to think of it, neither of these would be manlet troopers.

Shadowtroopers are kinda dope too, stealth tech and all. Not to be confused with Shadow (note spacing) Troopers.
>>
>>50631692
Are you saying that... he has the higher ground?
>>
>>50631380
Wedge is only about 5'6, why do you think the Rebellion allowed a manlet to be in their fighters?
>>
>>50631721
... Yes.
>>
>>50631712
I've always thought that the scout trooper armour was pretty neat.
>>
File: KozmoSoartroopers-BOSH-EN-SR-1E.png (584KB, 409x595px) Image search: [Google]
KozmoSoartroopers-BOSH-EN-SR-1E.png
584KB, 409x595px
>>50631712
I'm a fan of the monkey auxiliaries.
>>
>>50630295
Spaarti clones are a shit
>>
>>50631569
It's weird to think that I'm actually taller than The Rock, especially with the way they shoot him in movies
>>
File: reeeeeeeeee.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeee.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw

Where the fuck does this meme that the Death Star shot was impossible and Luke only did it because he force pushed the torpedoes come from? Why the fuck would the rebels even bother with attacking the station via a plan that involved dropping torpedoes into the exhaust port if it was literally impossible? Han doesen't say "great job kid that shot was impossible" he said it was "one in a million," and none of the Rebel pilots object to the plan on the basis that they can't put the torpedoes in because of '''''exhaust dynamics'''''(like fucking exhaust can counter a rocket) they say that the shot is impossible to bullseye even with the use of a targeting computer.

The proton torpedoes were guided fucking munitions, but for some reason no one has any clue what a cruise missile is and thinks that missile/torpedo abruptly curving downward=space magic.

Seriously what the fuck is more plausible: that Luke used the Force's clairvoyance to know exactly when to shoot, even better than a computer could? Or that, as a novice force sensitive, he somehow managed to use a power which was barely shown in ANH(telekinesis) to flawlessly push missiles right down into the fucking port while they were going at hundreds of miles per hour, a feat which NO JEDI IN THE MOVIES HAS COME CLOSE TO MATCHING, when in ESB he has to take twenty fucking seconds to pull his lightsaber out of the snow? Because if you seriously think that Luke did that I don't want to hear ANYTHING about how Rey's a mary sue.
>>
>>50632481
Especially since in a lot of examples, the Force = Luck, it makes much more sense to assume that it was just that, a lucky shot, done through the Force.
>>
File: 1466390389979.jpg (13KB, 137x234px) Image search: [Google]
1466390389979.jpg
13KB, 137x234px
>>50632481
>Where the fuck does this meme that the Death Star shot was impossible and Luke only did it because he force pushed the torpedoes come from?

actually this meme has its origins in the Trek V Wars debates of yesteryear

since the proton torpedoes make a 45 degree turn so fast its demonstrative advanced technology on star wars part since most guided munitions need alot more time to pull turns a fraction as small IRL

so the trek argument being that Star Wars is basically world war 2 in space is that Luke used to the force so proton torpedoes are the same as regular torpedoes etc.

Most people disregard this argument though, since there are ass-loads of other examples in the movies of god-teir acceleration. So it only really gets swallowed by hardliner trekkies and normies
>>
>>50632803
>so the trek argument being that Star Wars is basically world war 2 in space is that Luke used to the force so proton torpedoes are the same as regular torpedoes etc.
so the trek argument being that Star Wars is basically world war 2 in space is that Luke used to the force so proton torpedoes are the same as regular torpedoes etc.

Oh okay, so that the Trekkies could maintain the technological superiority of their universe?
>>
>>50632827
>Oh okay, so that the Trekkies could maintain the technological superiority of their universe?

so could say that generally, but cherry picked examples like the torpedo thing are so fucking stupid that it comes off less as a maxim of technological superiority and more like autistic hand-waving, then again there are alot more minute details that people will get into altercations over when it comes to the this V that debates
>>
>>50632891
>then again there are alot more minute details that people will get into altercations over when it comes to the this V that debates

Yeah well, that's why this V that debates are stupid. People try to outsmart each other with half formed knowledge about real world physics and tactics and way overthinking the movie, rather than accepting that many stories don't make much logical sense except for what the plot dictates. The only Vs you can really have are between hard sci-fi franchises that have some amount of research to back them up.
>>
>>50619773
A TB-1 tank. The weakest of the TB line, but hits hard enough as a light skirmisher. Also leaves room for the party to go further down the TB line. Alternatively, you could start out with a Clone Wars era AAT.
>>
File: Welcome to Dathomir.jpg (202KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Dathomir.jpg
202KB, 1024x705px
Bumpu
>>
File: latest[33].png (120KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
latest[33].png
120KB, 196x300px
What's a good ship/pilot to pair with M9?
>>
>>50634931
An ARC, probably Shara or Norra with weapons engineer seems like an obvious choice.
>>
>>50634931
Jess Pava
Ello Asty
An ARC-170 with a Weapons Engineer

Goes great when locked on to a friendly TLT ship.
>>
So I've now spent enough games playing with Snap Wexler and nien Nunb t70, to get a judge.

Ran Snap with VI, r2 and vectored. Gives you a very fast and agile ship, feels almost like an A wing. Offence and defense are only ok. Can't perform like Poe or Wedge in combat, but he is cheaper. A more offensive EPT might help there, but at ps6 he'll have trouble using his outflying ability.

I ran Nien with Stay on target and targeting Astro. He's extremely good at punishing mid or low ps ships, and is near immune to counter ace tactics involving stressing or blocking. He can put out serious hurt, tempted to try adv. Proton trips, but that feels like overkill.
His problem us that he's a lot weaker to heavy arcdodger super aces.
>>
>>50635202
The ptl, stress astro, vectored build for nien nunb I only tried once. It's better against aces, and if you trust yourself not to get blocked.
But I feel there might be better pilots for that, and having him as a punisher for lower ps ships, with something else to counter aces feels better.
Not sure how he'll fit in the tournament meta.
>>
>>50634931
Tarn Mison. 26 points with M9. You start off locking a friendly ship to boost their attack, then any time an enemy declares you a target you lock them and M9 proceeds to troll hard.
>>
>>50635310
A kinda weird rules thing came up.
Current updated rules have "check stress" as a substep of 'execute manuever' so it's clear that free actions that trigger off of executing manuevers can't be done after reds.
But pattern analyzer says you can perform action step before check stress. This could mean that check stress isn't under execute manuever anymore, or that perform action is.
My group decided check stress is now not part of executing. So doing a red manuever with targeting astro and PA gives the following order.
Move ship, acquire tl, action, check stress.
>>
Who's hyped for REBELS SPOILER: Obi-wan vs Maul
>>
File: TIEFOfighter-Fathead.png (1MB, 1130x1340px) Image search: [Google]
TIEFOfighter-Fathead.png
1MB, 1130x1340px
>The wheelchair squeaks loudly as a frail, pale man is carefully wheeled into a meeting room.

>He is Raith Sienar, and once upon a time, the most daring and innovative starfighter designer in the galaxy. Now he eats and pees with the help of tubes.

>"I understand...that we have a...new contract." His voice is like wind blowing through a tree made of sandpaper.

>Sienar's brittle arms raise a flimsiplast blueprint and an aide dutifully takes it. Three bottles of Corellian brandy fall out from under his blanket and roll across the floor.

>"As such, I give you...my masterpiece. It will revolutionize warfare as we know it."

>The blueprints are unrolled to a collective gasp from the gathering of engineers and accountants.

>"Its...a TIE fighter," someone finally had the courage to say into the silence. "With the colors reversed..."

"Well," a senior designer says, looking at one of the budget committee members. "I...suppose we could install a small shield generator..."

>There are a few nods and all eyes turn back to Sienar.

>His head is dipped in sleep. "Hrn...Two-seater...belly turret...life support..."

>"Someone write that down!"
>>
>>50635422
Will this be the day that Filoni stops pushing Maul like he's Roman Reigns?
>>
>>50635503
No he exists to fail and suffer.

He is not allowed the sweet release of death
>>
Has anyone actually got their hands on a copy of Friends Like These? I thought it was out, but my FLGS didn't have one.
>>
>>50635344
I prefer R7 astro on Tarn
>>
>>50635503

Is it bad that I know second hand EXACTLY which match that quote is from?
>>
File: nambu gunblade.jpg (71KB, 499x395px) Image search: [Google]
nambu gunblade.jpg
71KB, 499x395px
Krayt Empire Sith officers drawing blades and yelling "TENNOHEIKA BANZAI:" appropriately cheesy fanaticism or too on-the-nose even for Star Wars?
>>
>>50636393
That would work. Extra points for having a saberjockey with them using a lightsaber/blaster equivalent of pic related
>>
File: Gyan_-_Shield.png (122KB, 531x362px) Image search: [Google]
Gyan_-_Shield.png
122KB, 531x362px
>>50636494
If we combined it with this and Rebels' helisaber, I think we'd have the firearm equivalent of a Sienar prototype.
>>
>>50636393
Fuck i just realized Ezra is using a Star Wars version of the Nambu Gunblade in Rebels.

I will now go over here and commit sukodu
>>
>>50625899
>>50628273
The transports can SHOOT DOWN MISSILES WITH TURBOLASERS
It makes no sense.
>>
>>50630398
Wait, which bisection got (Hah)cut? and has it leaked?
>>
>>50636605
Vader cutting down Ahsoka
>>
>>50630490
>>50630960
I *THINK* he actually gets something done in Galaxy of FEAR, but I may be wrong.

>>50631241
They look like LoZ characters.
>>
>>50614468
I'm not so sure, while Battlefront 2 I think had some of the best macro-level gameplay in a console shooter, the actual gunplay was pretty weak. Can you imagine Battlefront 2 exactly as-is, but with New Battlefront gunplay and visuals?

Muh dick.
>>
File: welcome to bad company.png (310KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to bad company.png
310KB, 640x360px
>>50636946
>New Battlefront gunplay and visuals
Eh, not a fan of EAfront's guns. Something about the guns just doesn't feel or sound right. Give me a Star Wars reskin of Bad Company 2 instead.
>Blasterized M16A2s, Thompsons, PKMs, and UMP-45s
>Blasterized Saiga 20k called Vera
>All with the thunder of BC2-tier audio
Mmmmm.
>>
>>50637133

Feel, I can't help you with, but if they sound wrong to you then there's something wrong with your ears, DICE had access to the original sounds from Skywalker over there. Audiovisual fidelity is one of the few things it has going for it.
>>
>>50637202
It might be the difference between hearing the films' blasters in a home theater setup and PC speakers. I don't know, the guns in the movies had a little something that made them sound more powerful than their EAfront counterparts.
>>
>>50637317
Bass?
>>
>>50630430
That man has a lot to answer for.
>>
File: shhh only dreams now.webm (3MB, 480x278px) Image search: [Google]
shhh only dreams now.webm
3MB, 480x278px
>>50628608
Probably a better warning would be 'Civilian Unfriendly'
On a long enough timeline (and they get bored), it also becomes 'Everyone Unfriendly' because they just start messing with anyone- co deployments with other forces are a fucking nightmare because they're susceptible to bullshitting by being good natured and trying to work well with others... then word gets out our gear is full of poisonous spiders that stowed away somehow and we really do have a kangaroo down in vehicle maintenance the WO will show you if you ask nicely. Sadly the Kangaroo isn't there, but the WO will tell them that he might be over at the mess hall, where tragically he probably ended up in last nights 'steak'.

>>50631275
Manlets are the guy you give the machinegun, they're angry, they will never complain about the weight and will NEVER be seen to do anything but their absolute best in front of anyone taller than them.
>>
>>50637432
It's all about that
>>
File: 1479742264291.jpg (5KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
1479742264291.jpg
5KB, 250x227px
>>50637625
>Doesn't deny the spiders

>>50637403
Probably the bass.
>>
>>50637625

Kangaroos are clearly the work of satan, and should be destroyed.
>>
>>50637754
Weirdly the possum is the one animal where the Australian version is much nicer
>>
>>50630452
>8) Old Friends: Ephant Mon's Tale by Kenneth C. Flint. Ephant Mon is a Chevin gunrunner and Jabba's only actual friend. He tries to warn Jabba of the danger Skywalker poses, is ignored, and decides to part ways with Jabba to rethink his life. Doesn't actually betray Jabba.
Also may be force-sensitive and decides to become an abolitionist.

I'm actually considering having Ephant Mon be an NPC in one of my games.
>>
>>50637754
all of australia is, really
>>
>>50637829
See >>50637783
Also wombats
>>
File: Hadronyche formidabilis.jpg (347KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hadronyche formidabilis.jpg
347KB, 1024x768px
>>50637697
Oh I collected them when out on manoeuvres and training for 'scientific research' to take back to the nearest university to be ID'd, mostly because it was kind of useful to know what was running around out there that might pose a threat to people.
Unofficially, they also kept troops in line... if you where really naughty or slacking off you got to carry around plastic containers full of bark, soil and some horrendously dangerous arachnid.

>>50637754
Nah they're generally only dangerous when they end up in the front of your car, kind of like deer, except a bit dumber.

>>50637783
Possums are ok up until they start a brawl in your roof at 2am.
Also our most successful export to NZ, they love them!
>>
>>50637867
Have you seen a north American possum.
It combines the worst features of a rat, a badger, and a raccoon.
And is meaner than all three a piss everywhere
>>
>>50637754
if any animal deserves that title, it's the canada goose.
fuck them and every thing about them.
If it wasn't horribly illegal I'd sit on the roof of the nearest canadian tire with a suppressed .22 and shoot the bastards all fucking day
>>
>>50630526
>19) Skin Deep: The Fat Dancer's Tale, by A.C. Crispin. Yarna d'al' Gargan is the six breasted fat dancer from Jabba's palace, and tries to escape in the chaos after his death and has a close call with a crazed Dannik Jerriko but is helped by Sergeant Doallyn, a hydron-three breathing near human big game hunter with a scarred up face. They escape and start to form a relationship, and Doallyn kills a Krayt Dragon on foot and the two eventually form a relationship and leave Tatooine. A nice note to end the book on.
Also she's secretly not fat and deliberately put on ugly makup because Jabba liked it.

And a fun note there's two people that could have been Sergeant Doallyn.

>>50630731
Apparently Lucas Licensing WAS warned, but only after the first book with it was already out and decided just to be consistent about it. Eventually as the internet became a bigger thing they finally changed it to Jatz.
>>
File: Quoll.jpg (2MB, 1458x959px) Image search: [Google]
Quoll.jpg
2MB, 1458x959px
>>50637897
Yep, they're not a pretty creature and definitely not cuddly.

Possums here aren't real cuddly either, but the bigger brushtail one are fairly fearless bastards that will take on a cat and probably fuck it up. I see a couple when I go for my evening walks and one of them is roughly 2/3rds the size of a Corgi- he doesn't give a shit about anything and you can get within about 3ft of him.
Up at my farm there's a small family of Quolls and they're pretty special, sort of fills the same role as a cat here and doing fairly well since I shot all the feral cats up there.
>>
>>50637867

>Nah they're generally only dangerous when they end up in the front of your car, kind of like deer, except a bit dumber.

I have never seen a nonhuman throw another nonhuman in a headlock.
>>
>>50638006
I dunno man, I see gopniki do it all the time
>>
>>50638077
Cats also. Swans are dicks too, they will ducklings just to be assholes
>>
File: Kitty Vroom.jpg (106KB, 960x890px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty Vroom.jpg
106KB, 960x890px
>>50637952
Didja make a nice Cat rug or coat?
>>
File: A5-RX.jpg (20KB, 560x414px) Image search: [Google]
A5-RX.jpg
20KB, 560x414px
I never played any of the mobile Battlefronts but these things are pretty cool.

A Juggernaut cockpit with treads and a rocket pod.
>>
>>50637914
>canada goose
They look like they'd have a fair bit of meat on them, hours of amusement watching them on youtube chasing people

>>50638099
Nope, they're stinky critters full of fleas, ticks and god only knows what kind of intestinal parasites. Damn they get big though, couple of generations in the wild and you end up with something that isn't your pet kitty cat, literally a brick full of muscle and claws.
One of the funnier things though we tried out after someone telling me about it was to get a beach rod and reel, put a bundle of chicken feathers and sinker on the line- cast it out into the paddock which has the cats hiding in it and then just start reeling it in. Cat's can't help but chase it and once they're out in the open 'bam'
That actually worked well!
>>
>>50638311
>They look like they'd have a fair bit of meat on them
yeah, but it's pretty mediocre meat. Not bad if you give it the fried chicken treatment, though.
>>
>>50638311
Bird sanctuary neat where I live.
Geese chase kids. Swans murder goslings.
All the ways to make children cry.

Ducks are awesome though. And tasty.
>>
>>50638355
Maybe the turkey treatment as well? Long and slow cooked to keep the moisture in, plenty of basting.
Can't really go wrong with crumbed and deep fried
>>
>>50637952
The Virginia opossum is one of the worst creatures on God's green earth. Nasty, ugly, stupid animals and one of the biggest vectors for rabies in the eastern United States. Too dumb to live, but somehow they don't die off. Every couple of months, I see a fresh opossum carcass along the alley behind my building because they're too stupid to get out of the way of a slow-moving trash truck.
>>
File: Eafront Magma_Trooper_canon.png (524KB, 686x966px) Image search: [Google]
Eafront Magma_Trooper_canon.png
524KB, 686x966px
I like the breather on this thing, but it seems not heavy enough for magmatrooper armor. Better than the old red stormtrooper outfit I guess.
>>
File: adam driver.jpg (205KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
adam driver.jpg
205KB, 600x709px
>>50638402
Animal parks and zoos are fairly much trauma waiting to happen for most kids.
All the shit that happens in Disney movies gets upside-downed by nature as you have monkey's chucking shit, goats trying to fuck sheep, big cats punching on and it turns into a psycho circus

Somewhat unrelated, apparently Adam Driver was a marine once... poor bastard!

>>50638437
Yeah rabies is scary shit.
Not nearly as scary as those bloody armadillos running around with leprosy- fuck that!
>>
>>50638311
>>50638355
>>50638406
goose it pretty meh, no matter what you do with it. it's kinda like chicken that hates you even after death.

the real best canadian hunted meat is moose, it's the fucking greatest. any way you prepare it, it's great. Very lean, though, great to cook a steak in bacon fat or after fatty beef.
I've heard of some old indian guys, shoot a moose and a bear once a year, make a couple hundred pounds of sausages, which I've never tried, but hear is good as hell

the only problem with hunting meese is that they're the meanest thing to walk the north american continent, kill more people than bears, and that's outside of vehicle accidents, where they are super fucking dangerous.
>>
File: The duck rolls to seduce.webm (1MB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
The duck rolls to seduce.webm
1MB, 900x720px
>>50638402
Duck aren't so awesome when it comes time to reproduce and it turns into a massive rape orgy with spiral dicks.
>>
>>50638465
I like that this toy actually took the good parts of EAfront's T21B and didn't include the stupid barrel shortening.
>>
>>50638512
>goose it pretty meh, no matter what you do with it.

Pretty weird because the domesticated ones are generally fairly tasty (great eggs too)
Friend I went to school with had them on his family's property and once a year they'd rope in some people to go murder their numbers a bit, they are super cranky motherfuckers when it comes to culling time I will admit. Mostly because the bitey parts are at crotch height and the risk of being maimed is 'better than average'
>>
>>50638561
>Pretty weird because the domesticated ones are generally fairly tasty
probably because the domestic ones don't have the same psychotic meanness to them. stress makes animals less tasty, right? or maybe I've just eaten shitty geese so far, which is certainly possible
>>
>>50638477
I only recently started seeing armadillos in my neck of the woods. Always dead on the roadside.

>>50638512
Here in Kansas the best game meat is venison, and it isn't even close. The fuckers are virtually grain-fed. Like moose, it's leaner than beef or pork, but it's great as jerky, in sausages, or in stews.
>>
>>50638580
Wild animals generally taste less good than domesticated versions. I would expect migratory birds to be especially gamey compared to something that's fed a mix of soy and corn meal with vitamin supplements.
>>
>>50638580
Could be, too much adrenaline in the animal can affect its taste, or the domestics where raised to be a bit more edible.
They're still cunts though and not exactly easy to manage because they'll gang up on anyone messing with them and they respond exactly the same as guard dogs. Machete seemed to be the best way of getting them but you need to be fucking quick or they're going to latch on.

Try a cacciatore on them, really slow cooked.
>>
>>50638587
venison is nice, it's just that moose is basically all the nice things about it, but more so.
plus, they're fucking huge, so you can occasionally get cartoonishly huge steaks off them. A guy I once met from the NWT (up by alaska) says he once had a 64OZ moose steak, and I believe him
>>50638610
that's probably it
>>
>>50638610
Domestics also have a larger fat layer which adds to the taste too. Whereas the wild critters would have burnt that off migrating and terrorising poor fucking americans.

>>50638638
Kangaroo is also a really lean meat which has a hint of venison to it as its a little gamey. I don't mind it but generally needs a bit of a marinade to soften it up
>>
>>50638698
>Kangaroo is also a really lean meat which has a hint of venison to it as its a little gamey
I've actually had a kangaroo burger before, don't know how exactly it made it halfway around the fucking world and the same north, but it ended up here. it was pretty good
>>
File: Plastents and Hoojibs.jpg (559KB, 918x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Plastents and Hoojibs.jpg
559KB, 918x1371px
I personally love these plastents, personally I feel like these are supposed to harden into something fairly solid, and that feels really good.
>>
>>50638723
They do cull about 3-4mil a year or so and about 60-70% of it ends up exported. Before the sanctions a vast majority of it ended up in Russia of all places, they like it!
I tend to avoid any culling jobs involving roos as its under so much fucking paperwork, specific load requirements on the ammo, they have to be hit in the head and generally it attracts annoying as hell 'conservationists' that think its cruel. How 55grains of .223 bouncing through anyone's brain is cruel I dunno, but you can't convince them of anything. Plus we'd be carrying evil black guns so for funsies they'll call in the cops to fuck with us
>>
>>50638769
Gandorthral Portable Survival Shelter- Enter the unknown
Basically the same thing, plus its got some really neat features
>>
>>50638902
>>50638769
https://youtu.be/Vb1pdvvoVoQ
>>
>>50638802
>They do cull about 3-4mil a year or so and about 60-70% of it ends up exported. Before the sanctions a vast majority of it ended up in Russia of all places, they like it!
Makes sense. Though I'm ethnically obligated to hate the fucking russians, they do seem to know what's up in this instance

>Plus we'd be carrying evil black guns so for funsies they'll call in the cops to fuck with us
Well, the nice thing about you ozzies is that despite the fact that we have a banned-by-name list compiled from 80s action films, there's still somebody worse off
>>
>>50636605
/ss/
>>
>>50638802
>Conservationists how shit on hunters
Fuck them.
My dad's a conservationist who hunts every season and fishes every day he can.
Because he actually knows nature and respects it, rather than that touchy feely bullshit.
He'll make you throw a prize fish back if he knows the species is threatened, and you don't get to break the rules, but hunting is part of nature
>>
>>50638958
>banned-by-name list compiled from 80s action films
haha!
When you go digging around the laws here we end up in the 80s ninja films where someone's decided nunchaku, throwing stars, blowpipes and all that nonsense are something which society has to fear. Despite the distinct lack of ninja massacres we've had here- but I guess that means the laws are working at keeping out evil ninja clans from roaming our streets and cutting people down like wheat.
I still have a fairly sizeable amount of guns as being both a farmer and licensed 'vertebrate destruction' person that sometimes makes a bit of money out of it as a sideline business. But god damn the paperwork's something of a nightmare, at some point I'll probably chuck it all in as being too much of a hassle.

>>50638975
Hunting, well its just something that has to be done here, we're overrun with feral species that just need to be destroyed before there's literally no environment left. I'm a conservationist in that I make sure the native animals (that don't fuck up the environment) are left alone to do their thing and kill off the pest species they are either hunted by or have to compete with. People have to realise that as a top-level organism, we've got some responsibilities to maintain areas that don't have any predation- except us.
We've got deer, goats, cats, dogs, pigs, camels, horses, buffalo and all kinds of shit running around that's essentially going buck-wild without any control.
But the ecomentalist types aren't willing to do anything 'because its cruel' and shit...
>>
>>50638958
>Though I'm ethnically obligated to hate the fucking russians,
How come? Are you a butthurt poleandball?
>>
>https://youtu.be/Vb1pdvvoVoQ
Though in SW It can be reversed.
>>
>>50638945
>>50639207
Gah what a messy quote.
>>
>>50639134
>When you go digging around the laws here we end up in the 80s ninja films where someone's decided nunchaku, throwing stars, blowpipes and all that nonsense are something which society has to fear
we've actually got the same thing. ninja murderers carrying G11s are clearly the thing to fear, right?
>>50639196
nah, it's the thing were the russians killed at least 5-10 million of my people and literally all of my relatives who didn't jump the atlantic.
REMOVE tracksuit rEMOVE COMMUNIST RASCAL FUCK

also, we need a new thread
>>
>>50639231
>ninja murderers carrying G11s are clearly the thing to fear, right?
Weird. I thought that up north, if they kill you, you win.
>>
File: katana fags.webm (1MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
katana fags.webm
1MB, 1280x688px
>>50639231
Hey if we where allowed more automatic weapons, then we wouldn't have to fear ninjas and samurai

But yeah, leftists- not even once!
>>
>>50639295
>But yeah, leftists- not even once!
you lot have done a singularially poor job at that, but we don't really have any ground to stand on, since we elected our current PM on name recognition alone

but yeah, one McCarthy wasn't enough, remove all communists ect
>>
/swg/ help me brainstorm a Star Wars Life Day one-shot adventure, probably on Kashyyyk.
>>
File: 20161211_101001.png (2MB, 1439x2192px) Image search: [Google]
20161211_101001.png
2MB, 1439x2192px
having a gonat making some custom cards for a group of us making custom expansions.

Trying to give the punisher a push, but don't want to go to far as IMO punisher isn't so much overcosted as it has no purpose that a regular bomber cant do for less. So its fix is to let it fill a role of its own.
initial instinct is for a ship fix to be a free title, but this is probably to good for free (or maybe free but as a system slot instead?)

What does SWG think?
>>
>>50639625
whichever friend/lover/whatever has brought them to Kashyyk has an extremely drunk&disagreeable relative who must be convinced by roleplaying into a frendlier state so as to bring them to the life day dinner without trouble
>>
>>50638802

There's some real fucking assholes that are involved in roo-culling. Literally torturing roos to death and all kinds of stupid shit. I grew up in rural queensland, a lot of my cousins were involved in it or related things. Guys with small dicks and a need to compensate extremely common according to them.
>>
>>50639649
it's kinda hard to measure range 4 with a standard range ruler
>>
>>50639778
yeah but many if not most people have an epic ship and its range 5 ruler. And the rest can just add their range 1 ruler too their range 3.
>>
File: giphy[3].gif (929KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[3].gif
929KB, 500x278px
>>50639679
Drunk uncle, you say?
>>
>>50639625
Scrooge McPalps has sent some sneaky people to steal the supply of Orga roots so no one can chew them and get high.

>>50639776
Yeah that kind of scumbag has made it very difficult to disassociate from them, its not a pleasant job already so I'd just rather not do it at all.
Plus the old roo tends to think urban gardens are a great area for a feed, so the areas where they're a major problem is just not accessible- deer do the same! I got stuck in a meeting with a council for 2 hours trying to explain to them that you just can't shoot them in the suburbs or poison them, its not safe, people lose their collective shit having bambi blown to fuck across their driveway and having some knuckle dragging neanderthal like me running around with a big gun.

They'll just have to live with Bambi and Mr Roo kicking the fuck out of their pets, crashing into their cars and ripping up their lawn.
>>
>>50635467
Underrated post
>>
File: 147265820982.jpg (39KB, 571x582px) Image search: [Google]
147265820982.jpg
39KB, 571x582px
>>50638513
>woa that's a big dick
>slowed 10x
>JESUS FUCK
>>
>>50640283
>its not a pleasant job already so I'd just rather not do it at all.
I get that. really, I don't think I could shoot anything except possibly child molesters on a professional basis; I've got some whacko lizard brain thing where I don't see a point to killing any animal I don't intend to eat or that isn't a straight disagreeable varmint, I dunno
>>
>>50640400
Ah, mostly a case of it being a bureaucratic and highly restricted activity for some obvious reasons, but there's also a layer of politics and public outcry over it which you just don't really want to get tangled up in. Horse/brumby culls are also something which attracts extremely negative publicity, despite them being highly destructive animals in some sensitive environments like our national parks. Our biggest problems are mostly pigs and goats which do the most damage, those tend to also breed in staggering numbers. We can literally go out and kill 3-400 of them in 2 days and come back in 2-3 years they'll be back up to plague proportions.

In terms of what it is though, not a mainstay of my income for either I or my brother in law (who does it as well)- on top of the licences, insurance, travel, ammunition etc the guns we use are very expensive with about 11-12k in just 2 of them alone and we might only go out once a month on a job, maybe 2 at most. Anything left after all that is kinda pocket money compared to what I make in engineering or even our silly bloody farm.
Killing animals is one of those things which you can either do or don't, being a country bastard, slaughtering animals for food was fairly common and they don't just magically appear in nice plastic trays at the butchers. Pest species is much like anything else if left to run on unchecked, it will eventually come back to hit everyone with more expensive food and a diminished environment where all sorts of important stuff becomes extinct.

People? I ain't touching that subject!
>>
>>50640618
>>50640618
>>50640618
New thread, yeah it's technically just page 9 but it's late.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.