[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 43

File: 1481125782100.jpg (314KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481125782100.jpg
314KB, 1000x1000px
I've nearly given up on the Rumour Engine, edition

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Link to old thread:
>>50520074
>>
First for Archaon is a shit.
>>
Reposting

>>50576946
I can give you a quick primer as a competitive AOS player

Order

Seraphon: A little bit above average at everything, but not amazing at anything. Reroll everything (including your opponents dice). Tons of options. Big dinosaurs and some of the best artillery but it is short range. Objectively the strongest army in the competitive meta with Kroak + Vortex filth.

Sylvaneth - Great defensive army, but low movement. Can spawn forest all over the map and then teleport to that forest. High variety in list building.

Stormcast - Low model count, above average saves and damage. Low movement but lots of teleport gimmicks. Very powerful when mixed with Order wizards.

High Elves - Wizards and phoenixes make a very powerful turtle list. Hunker down with bolt throwers and whittle your opponent down. They can't kill your 0+ save phoenixes with 4+ to ignore wounds, eventually you just win.

Dark Elves - Frail and average damage, but very fast. Not viable in competitive because other armies do the same thing but better. Wait for Malerion to make them great again.

Wood Elves - High Elves do it better.

Dwarves - Good saves and good melee, but far too slow. Need to mix in artillery from Ironweld Arsenal, but vulnerable to being outflanked by fast armies or teleporting units.

Freeguild - Like Dwarves with worse melee, but better shooting. Gunline lists are nothing but a bad meme, very easy to counter. Fun to play, but poor saves and low bravery make them fragile and prone to running away.

Fyreslayers - Low movement, but good saves and decent melee. Not viable on their own, need to mix in some artillery from Ironweld Arsenal. Vulnerable to being flanked by fast armies.
>>
File: IMG_2050.png (1MB, 517x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2050.png
1MB, 517x719px
>>50579899
Your dubs speak the truth. Beastmen shall inherit the mortal realms
>>
>>50579928

Khorne Bloodbound - Offensive melee swarm army. Good at unbinding spells. Lots of buff stacking, fun to play and great for casual games but unfortunately not viable in competitive. No shooting, no magic, and a slow army means your opponent can easily control you and kill key targets before you even get into melee.

Beastmen - Same weaknesses as the Bloodbound but with some meaty front line Minotaurs. Very vulnerable to battleshock.

Nurgle (Rotbringers & Demons) - The premier defensive Chaos army. Good saves, high wounds, great defensive spells. Blightkings do insane damage but with low Rend they struggle to beat Seraphon and Sylvaneth save rolls. Low movement.

Khorne Demons - Like the Bloodbound but better. Bloodthirsters are flying and fast and do tons of damage. Doesn't rely on synergy with heroes so you aren't auto-losing to artillery sniping 5 wound models. Skullcannons give you the range you desperately lack. Vulnerable to focus fire shooting down bloodthirsters.

Tzeentch - Good magic and saves. Not viable on it's own, you need to mix in some mortal Slaves to fill out your front line. Should be getting a release soon with new rules for Horrors, should add a new attrition element and make this faction much stronger.

Slaves to Darkness - Can be run on their own or mixed with appropriate demons. Knights and Chariots work well with Nurgle to offset their low movement, while Warriors and Chosen give Tzeentch the melee damage it needs.

Slaneesh - Arguably the fastest army in the game. Lots of ways to reduce enemy hit by 1 but will die quickly if they get hit. Lack of ranged options keeps them from being competitive. Hits hard and fast but then crumbles in sustained engagements.

Will continue with Skaven.
>>
>>50580199

Skaven - Relies on swarm units of Clanrats and Stormvermin backed by key models like Verminlords, Warp Lightning Cannons, and Stormfiends. Very high tactical depth because you can retreat and charge again, allowing you to get behind enemy lines and kill wizards with your basic chaff units. Skaven are one of the best armies if you want to do Mortal Wounds, but many of these units can hurt themselves. You can expect half your army to run away if played poorly. Vulnerable to anti-swarm units like Stegadon, Kroxigors, Drycha, etc.

Skaven Skryre - All the best Skaven units are in this faction. Stormfiends are god tier Battleline unit with good saves, high damage, and a global teleport skill. Warp Lightning Cannons do absurd damage. Arch-Warlock is one of the better wizards in the game. Great battalion that makes this formidable army even better. If you want to play Skaven competitively then you should start with Skryre.

Skaven Pestilens - Unlike other skaven forces these guys don't hurt themselves. Relies on swarms and summoning in Nurgle greater daemons. Low mobility, average damage, but high output of mortal wounds. Poor saves but you get to deal damage when you die so it's not that bad. Vulnerable to battleshock like most swarm armies.

Other skaven clans aren't worth specific mention.

Everchosen - Archaon and his super powerful knights. Not viable as a standalone army because Archaon is usually not worth the point cost but the Varanguard can do a lot of damage in a mixed Chaos army.
>>
>>50580006
The day of poop is coming soon, my fellow Chaos brethren. The beast will inherit the mortal realms.
>>
Elves when?
>>
>>50580324

Destruction

Spider Goblins - Powerful enough to mention. High mobility and lots of mortal wounds. Poor defenses, but mix well with durable melee units like Brutes and Ogors.

Beastclaw Raiders - Offensive elite army. One of the most powerful armies in the game (tournament players have to ask "Can I beat Beastclaw with this list?") but there is no subtlety to them - you charge forward and delete stuff. Thundertusk shooting attack is absurdly powerful, but experienced players can play around it. Stonehorn is devastating on the charge, but like all melee units you can force him to make a bad charge into a disposable screen and then counter pile in with something to kill it.

Gutbusters (Ogres) - Poor saves but high wounds. Great damage output and surprisingly fast because of the Destruction Battle Trait. Decent shooting, but excels in melee. Surprisingly good army because they have high rend and high damage melee weapons, so even if 1 or 2 attacks gets through it can deal 3+ damage.

Bonesplitterz - Offensive swarm army. Cool spells, battalions, and hero skills give them lots of tactical depth. Low saves, poor mobility, low bravery, and high model count means a lot of your army will be running away after an enemy round of shooting. No large monsters, but you get bonuses for attacking enemy monsters.
4chan memelords will try to convince you that this a good shooting army. Like the Beastclaw you have to be prepared to fight this army in tournaments, but it is very easy to play around. 100+ shooting attacks at 5+/4+ is not a big deal because savage orruks are small models and have trouble drawing line of sight to targets that matter so they end up shooting the front line. Low rend makes it difficult to get through good armor saves.

Ironjawz - Offensive elite army. Maw-Krusha is a great, Brutes are great, Shaman is decent, Gore-Gruntas are bad. Move forward and kill stuff. Fun to play, like the Bloodbound but better in almost every way.
>>
>>50580518
Regarding Beastclaw, I should like to add that fighting a Frostlord on Stonehorn is pointless. He's so fucking durable that by the time he's dead you'll have committed half your army for several turns. Tarpit and ignore, if at all possible.
The rest here I find to be spot on.
>>
File: welcome to the bone zone.png (25KB, 639x390px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the bone zone.png
25KB, 639x390px
>>50580518

Death

There are lots of subfactions in death but there are really only 3 ways to play this grand alliance: Flesheater Courts, Mixed Death, and Tomb Kings.

Flesheater Courts - Vampires and Ghouls. Offensive melee swarm army with very powerful heroes that ride powerful monsters and also they are wizards. Can ressurect slain models so you want to bring large units. Ressurecting models means you can take shooting attacks and then reinforce on your turn for a big charge.

Mixed Death - Morghasts, zombies, skeletons, nagash and all sorts of other weird stuff. Death has a lot of very cool command traits and artifacts that completely change the way your army can play. Picture related.

Tomb Kings - Good wizards, great battleline Chariots, very high mobility (one of the faster armies in the game), access to good shooting. Great monsters (Necropolis Knight can OHKO any monster in the game) that only get better with options in the Generals Handbook. Settra is arguably the best special character in the entire game. Necropolis Knights are totally insane with buffs, one of the best units in the game. Chariots and Knights ressurect 2+ models every turn. One of the strongest armies in the game. The downside is that they don't produce these models any more so you need to buy it off ebay.

I play Tomb Kings and Seraphon primarily (because I think they look cool, they also coincidentally happen to be amazing on the field) so I'm probably biased but I play against a ton of different armies.
>>
How likely is it that Soulblights will get a less shitty faction name?
>>
>>50579928
>High Elves -
>Dark Elves -
>Wood Elves -

combine them in one army for the top secret unbeatable army that never loses. I'd tell you the list but then I'd have to kill you.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 325x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 325x396px
>>50581237
Alarielle's new form is by far superior.
>>
File: 1478721849533.gif (870KB, 401x241px) Image search: [Google]
1478721849533.gif
870KB, 401x241px
>>50581237
>thinks plant zombie who lacks aelves keyword is better.
>>
>>50581402
shit meant to post this at >>50581354
not >>50581237

fail me
>>
File: image.jpg (266KB, 814x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 814x1080px
>>50581435
>you will never be crushed to death by Alarielle's mighty thunder thighs
>>
File: dark_elf_sorceress_by_seeeffeye.jpg (92KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
dark_elf_sorceress_by_seeeffeye.jpg
92KB, 600x465px
>>50581645
aelves master race
>>
Is John Reynolds the biggest cuck?

>Neferata getting spurned by her husband makes her look weak, she needs to have a romance with Arkhan where she's the dominant one
>The End Times doesn't have enough strong female characters, there needs to be a strong female vampire who don't need no man
>Isabella shouldn't be killed by the patriarchal white man, she should be saved by another woman
>women shouldn't fight against each other, they're too good for that, Neferata and Khalida should kiss and make up before the end
>Age of Sigmar doesn't have enough strong female characters, there needs to be a strong female Stormcast who don't need no man
>>
>>50581830
Neferata was always a cuckqueen.
>>
>>50580324
>Other skaven clans aren't worth specific mention.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK. Rat ogres are a godsend, combo them with packs masters and you've got a very effective line breaker unit.
>>
>>50582379
There are lots of good units that I didn't mention.

That doesn't make them bad units, I just don't want to write about every single unit in the game. Somebody asked for a breakdown of the factions, not a guide to every unit.
>>
File: island-of-blood-cover.jpg (54KB, 450x396px) Image search: [Google]
island-of-blood-cover.jpg
54KB, 450x396px
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/aos-spire-dawn-starter-set.html

So this is probably bullshit yeah? £50 price point sounds suspicious.

Re-releasing the old monopose WHF models like Battle for Vedros did for 40k, though, sounds likely at some point.
>>
>>50579928
Youre a hero to us all Serabro.

Quick question, whee are you getting your info, just experiance or are you in the tournie scene?

Any chance you can let me know some decent ironjaws lists? Preferably ones without gordrakk because my wallet.
>>
>>50582676
Personal experience and discussion with other competitive players

I don't play with/against Ironjawz enough to offer a competitive list, but I know that you NEED to run at least 1 Maw-Krusha to get anywhere
>>
>>50582676
A good starter army I hear is a warchanter, a shaman, some brutes and some ardboyz. Don't know if it's true as I run the bone zone.
>>
File: 1476302971399.png (111KB, 230x202px) Image search: [Google]
1476302971399.png
111KB, 230x202px
>>50581751
Think again elf-thing.
>>
>>50582791
so serabro, I'm starting up a Seraphon army, got the start collecting list (because deal and I get to paint a damn dinosaur).
And am getting skinks and a Slaan.
Getting another start collecting (because deal).
I plan to make a Troglondon out of that.

Bit of converting and using the extra bits has gotten me a Skink Priest, Saurus Oldblood, and Eternal Warden. And the people I play with are decent enough to let me have saurus warriors count as saurus guards.

What key one or two things do I need, and did I make any major fuckups with my early buys? Casual groups, so broken combos are discouraged.
>>
>>50582661
I wouldn't mind it. The minis are pretty great looking. It also has a great gryphon for Free Guilders.
>>
>>50583084
Bastilodon, skink starpriest, slann are all good buys. I dont run a slann myself because I dont like the model and like going all saurus.

Are knights any good? They look pants on paper. I have a dozen of them waiting to be built.
>>
>>50583084
I am not a fan of the skink priest kitbash from the troglodon kit. If you want to kitbash a skink priest then use the model from the stegadon sprue, it looks way cooler.

Start Collecting is a good way to get into Seraphon. I like running Saurus lists using the Bloodclaw Starhost and I'll use the Start Collecting models there, but that's for casual games and not usually used in tournaments. The great thing about Seraphon is that every unit has its place and it really comes down to your preferred playstyle.

>>50583207
Knights are not bad but they need the right buffs. If you bring a Scar Veteran on Cold One his command trait allows them to reroll charge1 and hit1, and adds an extra attack to the Cold One Vicious Bites. I like using Knights in a Bloodclaw list because they have so many attacks and can get crazy value from a Scar Veteran on Carnosaur's Command Ability that makes them generate attacks on Hit6. It gets even crazier if you run a Celestial Hurricanum, which makes your Knights hit on 2+ and generate attacks on 5+.

Every unit in the Seraphon list can be a viable choice in specific circumstances!
>>
>>50583207
decent flankers, but I'm having trouble running them.
The 14" during regular movement is cool, but they get caught pretty easy.
Survivability is a little better than a unit of warriors in my experiance, and damage output is notably better.

I like the idea of the lances, but I haven't been able to pull off as many charges as I'd like. One very 2 games running a single unit of knights. So the swords are probably better.
>>
>>50583310
That actually reminds me, so the oldblood vs scar vet on carnosaur. Old blood is a decent chunk more expensive, but Im seeing better milage from the scar vet. The command ability, the shield making him more durable. I cant see why youd play the oldblood. When the scar vet is cheaper and more vesatile.
>>
>>50583428
iron man repulsor guantlet.
Cool model.
It's possible to get a 1k army out of just the start collecting box using some kit bashes and proxies if you run him.
>>
Make my clanrats with sword or spears?
>>
>>50583428
Oldblood is really good at running off on his own and killing cavalry or exposed archers. He doesn't take focus fire very well because he doesn't ignore rend-1, but if you fight one unit at a time and go first in combat he can kill unit after unit with his 3 damage bite attack.

Scar Veteran is better at sticking with a big clump of Saurus (usually Knights) and plays more defensively. His Carnosaurs bite attack only does D3 instead of 3, so don't rely on him to do as much damage as the Oldblood.
>>
>>50583574
10-20 swords, 30-40 spears.
>>
>>50583574
Depends on your numbers. If you go MSU, swords are fine. But if you want any more, take the spears.
>>
>>50580324
I notice you didn't mention Skryre Acolytes.
>>
>>50582991
Need an edit of this: "It says you're a faggot-queer."
>>
Looking again at the rumor pic, the stylings seem similar to the pic shown on the second week, the one with hand/claw and staff. I assume the two pics are from the same release. I'm stuck on either Tzeentch or aelves. The new pic seems more Tzeentchy, and the tiles make an eight pointer star, but the staff shown in the other pic has more aelf elements to it, although the bluish hand could make it a Tzeentch wizard of some kind.
>>
>>50585379
What if... it's Nighthaunt? I mean. Look at the faces.
>>
>>50585379
It kinda looks like a stylized Chaos star to me. Although, I guess it could also represent the 8 realms.
>>
>>50585379
>>50585477
What if it's Aelves, but having to do with the slaanesh story. That device is harnessing the trapped souls that slaanesh ate.
>>
File: 99120209033_Ardboyz06[1].jpg (128KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
99120209033_Ardboyz06[1].jpg
128KB, 920x950px
>>50577769
>>50577797

It literally came out less than a year ago.
>>
>>50585844
That's not a "new" kit. It's just a repacking of the Black Orcs kit.
>>
I may be entering a 2k local tournament in january, could I get a critique of my tzeenchbros? This is what I'll have to use as I have no money or time atm to get anything else, except run either 10 chosen or 6 dragon ogres.

Brotherhood of Beasts
Lord of Chaos - 100
Exhalted Champion - 80
Sorcerer - 140
10 Chaos Warriors - 180
10 Chaos Warriors - 180
5 Chosen - 160
3 Dragon Ogres - 160

1500 -
Hellcannon - 300
Warshrine - 200

2000-
Sorcerer - 140
3 Dragon Ogres - 160
1 Gorebeast Chariot - 100
10 Chaos Marauders - 60
>>
>>50585844
Ahahaha Really? Like really? Are you retarded? A new box does not mean a new kit, the plastic black orcs have been around since long before the end times, there were part of the same release as the old orc warboss on boar, which itself was well before even the last Empire release.
>>
>>50585933
I also have more marauders, marauder horsemen, knights and warhounds.
>>
>>50585933
>Hellcannon
eat a dick
>>
>>50586333
Not my fault I bought it in 2003. It's a clunky metal fuck.
>>
>>50586333
It's a tournament list, not a friendly list
>>
File: the goon you are an idiot.png (507KB, 641x488px) Image search: [Google]
the goon you are an idiot.png
507KB, 641x488px
>>50585844
>new kit
yeah they took the old black ork box
and increased the model count and gave them round bases.
I know those models
i have black orks, they are the same ones same poses.
please stop being an idiot
>>
>>50585933
You're missing one extra battleline I'm both 1500 and 2000 lists
>>
>>50586828
3 battleline. 2x warriors and 1 marauder unit.
>>
File: Enlight1.jpg (326KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Enlight1.jpg
326KB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: Enlight1.jpg (217KB, 580x890px)
Enlight1.jpg
217KB, 580x890px
Astropath

http://testwiki.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Astropath&redirect=no
>>
>>50587101
I'm now envisioning a toy story esque scenario where miniatures come to life. Bloodbound would run around the neighboorhood killing insects and small animals. The skaven would dig holes in every damn thing. The miniatures from opposing armies would destroy one another over night. It'd be fun to watch if possible.
>>
>>50587426
Yeah I can see that. Those 2 teasers are definitely related, I think. But it's still a question of whether it's for 40k or AoS, or in the case of daemons, it would be both.

We still don't know of a surety whether the dwarf one is for steamhead duardin (which is still only a rumor) or the blood bowl deathroller (which has been confirmed to be getting a mini at some point).
>>
Okay guys, how the fuck does this game actually work as far as the generals book goes? I'm skimming it and the points system makes absolutely no sense to me. It offers you nothing to explain how to add additional models to units or squadding lords with units or adding wargear to a model. How the fucking hell does this game work?
>>
>>50590330
> It offers you nothing to explain how to add additional models
Yes it does
>squadding lords with units
Doesn't state it because you can't do it
>adding wargear to a model
Units get all upgrades listed on their scroll for free, unless stated otherwise.
Artifacts for heroes are covered in the Allegiance section
>>
>>50590330
you don't do any of those things.
Wargear is included in cost.
Heroes are individual units.
You buy units in groups, but most people will let you break down the points into by model cost if you want more, for casual games at least.
>>
File: eb6.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>50590330
>>
>>50590982
There's no need to be a dick. This is /aosg/ not the 40k thread
>>
>>50590995
Yes, spoonfeed the idiot with zero reading comprehension. That will help.
>>
>>50591188
Somebody is confused and asking for help

You could just ignore it but you choose to call him an idiot.

You're the shitposter here, and I'm spoonfeeding you by telling you to stop posting like shit
>>
>>50590330
An example:

A unit of ten marauders is 60 points. These marauders may be armed with flails or axes, may carry banners, etc at no additional points cost. Their unit size can be increased by ten additional marauders for an additional 60 points, up to a maximum of 40 marauders.

Additional models for units are always purchased within multiples of their base unit size - Retributors have a base size of 5, and to add 3 additional Retributors will cost the same as adding 5 additional Retributors.

Wargear listed on the warscroll as never at any additional cost. Every faction is like this, so it isn't really imbalanced.

A chaos lord is 140 points. He comes as is.

Heroes cannot join units, but they often offer benefits to nearby units.

Check out Scroll Builder. It is a free webapp for building lists. It will help you make sense of things.
>>
>>50582661
they spelled december with an s in the screenshot.
>>
>>50582661
This is real

I work for GW

We got the email about it today
>>
shieldanon here with a shitty blog post

did a whole lot of greenstuffing tonight but I am exhausted, so no pictures until I get home from work tomorrow.

I am thinking my bloodreavers will be less converted than my marauders, with a few duplicates

up next will be either finishing up the marauder conversions or unclogging my CA glue so I can do more of the bases

I still need to get something to use as a warshrine eventually, but as many ideas as I've bounced around with I haven't settled on one I liked.

>get a large beast thing off ebay or something, and try to convert it
>put a bunch of dudes carrying banners on the base
>convert a chariot
>give up and use the ugly stock model
>>
>>50582676
Get four boxes of Ardboys, two boxes of Brutes, a Shaman, a Warchanter, and a Megaboss. There's your most basic Ironjawz army
>>
File: Sisters.png (303KB, 770x410px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters.png
303KB, 770x410px
Can someone confirm that I'm not pants-on-head when it comes to the Sisters of Slaughter rules?

Basically the way I'm arguing it is that the interaction between the "Dance of Death" rule and the "Bladed Buckler" rule is that during the combat phase, my units save is essentially a 4+, given that it's normally a 6+ but the Dance rule gives me +2. Because of that, anything I roll that is a 4 or more triggers the Bladed Buckler rule, since 4 becomes 6, 5 becomes 7 and so on. At that point I count up successful saves and make rolls for Bladed Buckler mortal wounds.

I'm like, 98% sure that's how it works, but some guy at my FLGS was assuring me that the Bladed Buckler rule only activates on a natural roll of 6, regardless of my bonus from of Dance of Death. I get that Rend values could alter this, but given that the rule says "6 or more" I thought the assumption was that Bladed Buckler activated on my final modified roll instead of unmodified.

Can anyone confirm which of us is right?

tl;dr Does Bladed Buckler work on 4+ in combat or natural 6+ save only
>>
>>50591375
Alright awesome. Thanks for the help. I'm a 40k player and my friends and I are thinking about getting into AoS since the 40k rules for 7th have been so horrible. It's a bit difficult because the book is so different as far as rules go from 40k and I'm kind of leading the charge in figuring out how it works for our group.
>>
>>50592015
you have it right I think

The wording on Bladed Buckler reads "6 or more." The "or more" implies it is after modifiers, unless you cheating a bit with your dice.
>>
>>50592015
4+ in combat.
Otherwise the Sisters wouldn't be as useful.

It's consistent with the rules for the Lord-Castellant's lantern heal (+1 to saves, rolls of 7 heal a wound).
>>
>>50591375
Also, is the only battle organization the ones provided for the Vanguard/Battlehost/Warhost levels of gaming for Pitched Battles? I'll be sure to check out scroll builder, but I just wanted to know if they'd gone all Horus Heresy and made traditional organization the will of the day for AoS Pitched Battles
>>
>>50592047
best of luck to you as there is still a very strong stigma against AoS in the 40k community

I actually found the list building to be really liberating. You don't have to fret about weird unit sizes, point values, or overpriced wargear.

As far as Age of Sigmar rules, there are some things I found I really liked over 40k. The cover rules, which are way simpler and better than 40k's clusterfuck surrounding cover, as well as how reserves work in pitched battles.

If you are unfamiliar with how reserves work, instead of holding units in reserve like you would in 40k, you hold points in reserve. For example, you would bring only 700 points to a 1000 point game, keeping 300 points for summoning/reserves. During the hero phase if you have a hero ability that lets you summon, like some filthy wizards, models or call for reinforcements, like the Chaos Lord, you can choose any unit from your collection and subtract its cost from your remaining reserves pool. The choice is made at the time you deploy the unit, not in advance.

This allows you to tailor your list to your opponent's at the cost of portions of your army arriving late, but also the added risk of having a smaller army on the table for the first turn or two.

>>50592112
yes

at certain points levels, you need a certain number of Battleline units, and there are limits on the number of units with Hero, Behemoth, or War Machine. There is no limit on the number of other units you may have, aside from the points limit.

Sometimes units are considered Battleline if and only if all of your units are from the same faction. The General's Handbook is pretty clear about this, but Scroll Builder isn't.

Battalions are kind of like formations from 40k, but they cost additional points. Also unlike 40k, the units in Battalions count towards your limits and minimums for units with Hero, Battleline, War Machine, Behemoth, etc.

See:
http://scrollbuilder.com/
>>
>>50592190
Do I just have to pay the points cost of the Battalion to use it? Or also of the models in the Battalion? I'm looking at the Gorechosen Battalion for Khorne Bloodbound, and it costs 100 points to use. Do I also have to pay for the Exalted Deathbringer and his bros, or am I paying the points just for the opportunity of using 8 Heros at once and paying for those Hero units seperately?
>>
>>50592240
To use a battalion you must pay the battalion's costs in addition to the unit costs. In smaller games the added cost of a battalion can be really heavy.

The benefit of Battalions come from their extra abilities, hence the extra points. A lot of battalions feel like their worth is questionable, but that's OK. I like having to pay for battalions a lot better than 300 points of free stuff or game breaking alpha strikes.
>>
>>50591234
RTFM.
Literally.
>>
>>50591234
>Somebody is confused and asking for help
for something that could be solved by just reading the General's Handbook. If reading the actual rules (which are only a few pages) is too much to ask for, I don't know what to say anymore.
>>
File: IMG_2418.jpg (174KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.jpg
174KB, 920x950px
Since AoS is picking up at the store, I want to get in on it. I've already read the rules and the General's Handbook and it all seems pretty straightforward for the most part.
Now, I've read in another thread that GW will re-release this box, except sigmar-ified. How reasonable would it be to grab two of those boxes, pawn of the Skaven to someone and use the surplus heroes for kitbashes? It'd net me ten reavers, 20 swordmasters, 20 seaguard, a griffon rider and an archmage plus whatever I can throw together from bits, maybe a prince on foot. I also have a Skycutter Chariot from an old project that never worked out.
>>
>>50593595
I feel you answered your own question. Its a pretty good idea. You wont have any trouble getting rid of the skaven either.
>>
>>50585844
Gotta love the AoS babbies
>>
Guys stop explaining shit to retards like: >>50590330 if you can't understand the system as outlined in the GBH or can't fathom how to use scrollbuilder you are literally retarded
>>
>>50593595
Where are you based? I'd gladly take some of the Skaven of your hand if shipping is not too crazily expensive.
>>
>>50594000
I have some of the old skaven from IoB that I want to get rid of, if Europe fits your bill.
>>
>>50592015
You are definitely right. They wouldn't be worth 160 points otherwise
>>
>>50592015
You are correct, that is how this interaction works.

It gets even better when you give them cover and Mystic Shield.
>>
Is there any good alternative to the overdesigned tiles for Silver Tower?
>>
>>50596764
Does tend affect the target number, or the die roll. And if it effects the save, does 6+ go to 7+?
>>
>>50597521
Rend would affect the roll, subtracting 1 from the total.
>>
>>50597223
The original warhammer quest also had fancy tiles.
>>
>>50597521
Yes rend effects the dice roll
>>
>>50597571
The new ones are way too swirly and vibrant. It just looks like a mess.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 388x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 388x500px
>>50582661
>mfw bought this off of eBay last year, primed them, still haven't painted them

I need to buy some round bases and finish this shit
>>
best sylvaneth army combination for 1500 points?
>>
>>50579928
hey serabro what would you recommend for the order wizard choice of a gnarlroot wargrove army?
>>
>>50597690
It's a tzeetch tower, what do you think it would look like.
Also if you hate, use the old whq tiles, orake your own
>>
>>50597836
Then a Tzeentch tower is a poor choice for a boardgame tile.
>>
>>50597884
Opinions.jpg
>>
>>50597812
My top 3 are Skink Starseer, Celestial Hurricanum, and Loremaster.

Skink Starseer is great because it gives you rerolls for your treelord stomp and forest ability. Also gives you the chance to reroll big attacks like Durthu's sword. You can even reroll turn order rolls!

Celestial Hurricanum is another great choice. +1 hit aura, a good shooting attack, and a spell that deals D6 mortal wounds.

Loremaster has a spell that lets you reroll all hits and wounds, which is amazing for durthu.
>>
>>50597812
Loremaster
>>
yo guys , I don't know much about the game but I'm considering getting into it with two friends.
we were thinking about buying a startre collection each.

two questions, can we play like that ?

and , I allways wanted to play with some slaanesh guys but he apperntly got kicked out of age of sigmar.
can I play a chaos crew and just put a slaanesh hero in there ?
if so do I have to look out for somehting ?
>>
>>50592632
Too many people just skip to the points section and think that's all there is in the book. It's annoying.
>>
Are Sylvaneth still the latest AoS relase that isn't repacking something?
>>
>>50598949
1. Yes, the starter collections are pretty balanced against each other.

The General's Handbook has points values and restrictions for what units you can take, but that is an option, and your group can decide for yourselves how much you want to use. My group uses points values but doesn't care about unit restrictions for instance.

2. Slaanesh is still a thing in Age of Sigmar. He/she has disappeared, though, and some Slaanesh followers are searching for hir, some daemons and lords claim to be Slaanesh reborn, and some just don't give a fuck and just keep partying. Nothing wrong with playing a Slaanesh army.
>>
>>50598949
you can do open play using the start collecting boxes just fine. But I definitely recommend buying the general's handbook, as it provides rules and points for everything if you want to go that route, also it's an excellent resource for any type of player.

The god slaanesh is missing right now, but not squatted. Shes still in the fluff, just missing. Her followers are still in play. You can run a slaanesh mortals and demons army no problem, and the chaos warriors and equivalents can still take marks of slaanesh.
>>
>>50599082
>>50599097

great thanks,

so this might be a stupid question , but how would I go about incorperating some slaanesh mortals or deamons in my troops.

say I get the nurgle skaven starter, should I just buy slaanesh soldiers from ebay or are there specific age of sigmar slaanesh soldiers.
or do I buy khornes guys and just paint them and modiefy them ?
>>
>>50599082
for points I find anything within 10% of each other is okay, give the lesser point value the Triumph.
Lot less worrying, still fun games.
>>
>>50599219
Have you even tried looking at the GW website?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102351+4294965306&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat
>>
New warhammer tv vid about aos
(No link coz mobile)
>>
>>50599219
Slaanesh does not have a lot of dedicated mortal trrops unlike Khorne and Nurgle, but a lot of the Slaves to Darkness mortal units like Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights can be given the Slaanesh keyword which lets them benefit from abilities that buff Mortal Slaanesh units (eg. the Chaos Lord of Slaanesh's command ability).

So for mortal Slaanesh units just get the "generic" Chaos guys and give them a Slaanesh paintjob.
>>
>>50599297
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102351+4294965306&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat

yeah I don't really no how I have missed this, just been there myselfe.
>>
Are the all gate war books any good? Would you buy them for reading or just torrent for rules?
>>
>>50598527
sisters of thorn + dryads?
>>
when you build a battalion, are the units in that battalion count as "spent"? or can you also buy another battalion using the same units that were used to create another battalion in the first place?
>>
>>50599059
Yes. Last few months have been for 40k.

40k even got the Tzangor kit first,, despite it being made for AoS.
>>
>>50599996
No. A single unit cannot be in more than one battalion. These units, can, however, fulfill your battleline requirements if you still need those.
>>
>>50600020
It works for 40k too. Tzeetch csm needs cheep troop choices. And comes with aos sprue.
>>
File: shield of thorns.png (1MB, 1453x925px) Image search: [Google]
shield of thorns.png
1MB, 1453x925px
>>50592015
bring these girls too and watch your opponent wreck themselves against your bikini clad whip wielding hotties.

throw on an mystic shield for added hilarity.
>>
>>50600516
'stop hitting yourself' the list
>>
>>50579847
>Eight point star with souls swirling in the center
>The four eyes make the spiky star look like a maw
>Purply-lilac kinda color (I wouldn't know the actual color name but you get the point)
>all that inlay work and designs in darker purple

That, coupled with where we left off the story of AoS, and the fact that the Island of Blood set is being reboxed ( >>50582661 ) as a story from Age of Sigmar leads me to believe this might just have something to do with Slaanesh, or the Aelves in the realm of shadow.

It would be hard to say where that last picture with the Dwarven symbol on the side would fit in, but that would be my guess.

>>50582661
I hope that its true, it seems like it has the potential to be true even if its just half the models like Vedros did it.

I would have preferred that Battle for Skull Pass be reboxed, hopefully they could do that in future but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
>>
>>50587426
I just realized there're twisted faces on that green gem.

New undead thingy?
>>
- Any version of Kurnoth Hunters (sword, scythe, or bow) all cost the same points-per-unit.

- Therefore, Quiverlings are free.

- An alternative to gluing a Quiverling to the same shared base as Kurnoth Hunter would be to glue it to a separate 25 mm base instead.

- Since Quiverlings are free, spam hundreds of them on separate bases independently.

Problem?
>>
>>50599621
I like Godbeasts the best, but all of them deserve a read through if you're interested in the setting. They aren't very long either. I like most of the battle plans and Time of War rules in the too. I wouldn't buy them, maybe one of them if you REALLY like it, but the price seems absurdly high. Printing the books in paperback seems like a smarter move, at least to me.
>>
>>50602143
No, quicerlings are an option for the Kurdish Hunters to take. They are not their own seperate model. Placing them on their own base doesn't work, as they are not a singular model.
>>
>>50602365

You appear upset.

Read the warscroll:

QUOTE: "Some units wield Kurnoth Greatswords [without Quiverlings], while others bear wicked Kurnoth Scythes [also without Quiverlings]. Others attack at range, loosing arrows from Kurnoth Greatbows while their Quiverling companions attack nearby enemies with their Vicious Claws."

Therefore, since Quiverling companions are not included with the first two weapon options, they are obviously 100% free to do with as you please.
>>
>>50602538
Lol no XD dumbas
>>
>>50602538
Being "that guy" who insists he is correctly reading the rules when everyone else disagrees won't make you many friends. Believe it or not having fun is actually a big part of the game for a lot of people and games against friends helps with that.
>>
>>50602538
Bow and quiverlings are in one pack
>>
>>50602538
In pitchedbattle if quiverlings have no points cost so they can't be in army roster
>>
>>50602538
nice bait.
>>
>>50600250
It IS an AoS sprue.
All the parts for the 40k version are literally on a tiny seperate sprue, thrown together last minute.
Wonder how much other AoS stuff they are sitting on until they get over this fucking 40k End Times and release 8th
>>
File: 49682811.jpg (289KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
49682811.jpg
289KB, 2000x1000px
>>50601529
>undead
>>
>>50602143
Yes, and none of them have any stat-wheel, so you have hundreds of things that take up space and don't actually exist. Well done. Brilliant, even.
>>
>>50603043
Thank you. It's my free gift to the Sylvaneth community.

<bows>

> Being "that guy" who insists he is correctly reading the rules when everyone else disagrees won't make you many friends.

That's perfectly fine. I'm not as desperate for companionship as you are.

> Believe it or not having fun is actually a big part of the game. . .

The "fun" argument is bullshit cover for encouraging your opponent to be less competitive than you are.

I win, buy me a beer, bitches!!!
>>
File: thisiswhatshitpostersbelieve.jpg (90KB, 798x307px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhatshitpostersbelieve.jpg
90KB, 798x307px
>>50603601
Ah ok, I see what's going on here. I thought you were just being humorous. Instead you're being a retard. Got it.
>>
>>50603601
>>
>>50603601
>That's perfectly fine. I'm not as desperate for companionship as you are.

>The "fun" argument is bullshit cover for encouraging your opponent to be less competitive than you are.

>I win, buy me a beer, bitches!!!

you forgot the part about how its easier to have fun (assuming you care about that) if you play with friends.

Truth: I know you're a little fuckwad troll trying to get a rise out of people cause youre a faggot. No one will ever buy you beer.
>>
>>50604162
I remember that thread. I couldn't tell if the guy was for real or just trying to be funny.
>>
>>50604510
Oh he was for real, and that's what makes it funny. Look at this guy, >>50603601, whether or not it's the same guy, this man is feeling pretty high right now on his victory over is babbies. He genuinely believes that, and that's what makes it funny.
>>
>>50603601
>TRIGGERED
>>
40k player who wants to read the damn rules, do y'all not have links to the datasheets for all of AoS?

Not finding anything in your resources pastebin that resembles the Death\Order\Chaos\Destruction books.
>>
>>50606565
Download the AoS app. It has all the warscrolls for free and some battallions. They don't have points with them (But the pastebiin up top has the general's handbook pdf so that's no issue)
>>
>>50599391
>>50599544
It's worth noting though that all the command abilites that I know of that care about specific gods, also care about mortal or daemon. the one exception I can think of is the glottkin, who just says "Nurgle"
>>
>>50603601
I'd buy you a beer but I'd go to jail for giving alcohol to a minor
>>
>>50606565
Nobody scanned the grand alliance books because its kinda pointless. All the datasheets, or warscrolls are available for free on the GW website, under each specific kit page there is a link to its warscroll

But easier is just download the AoS app

As far as the core rules go, there is no better resource for it than the GHB. The matched play rules differ slightly from the 4page rules.

>>50606774
Sick burn, bro. I'm not being sarcastic. That was good.
>>
>>50599059
Knight Veritas is the newest release, but that was a single model
>>
>>50599621
Before the generals handbook came out we would always play battleplans from the campaign books. It was a lot of fun, and I miss doing those kinds of games. It takes too long to set them up so it's not convenient for pickup games.
>>
>>50607050
Well, Tzaagors are ACTUALLY the most current release, even though they have a 40k box, it's stupid clear they're AoS first and 40k second.
Hell, the guns and chainswords they have on the box are on sprues that have them and ONLY them on it
>>
>>50607096
speaking of which, has anyone tried those old scenarios using matched play rules? they were really neat and narrative, i don;t think it would be too much to try them using points and such
>>
>>50607159
>it's stupid clear they're AoS first and 40k second.
because they were in Silver Tower box?
>>
>>50610096
on the tzaangor sprues, the chainswords and autoguns are on a separate sprue from everything else. The main sprues have options for shields, which have no rules in 40k.

Both sprues are copyright the same year, so we can't really tell which came first, or if they were always planned to come at the same time, but the way the sprues are laid out suggests they were intended for an AoS release and halfway through production someone decided to make it a dual kit and include it in a 40k release. Perhaps they intended it for AoS, but back benched it when beastmen weren't moving very well, only to bring it out of the works for Wrath of Magnus?

Making things more complicated is that Tzaangors are not new to 40k. They existed in the very old lore.
>>
/TG

How is mono soulblight? My gaming group is considering taking the plunge into AoS. No one in the group has taken up Death yet and after reading some I'd like to play soulblight without the other types of death. Low model count and the idea of building blood knights seems fun.

Do they play alright? Our shop isn't super competitive but, I don't want it to be weak either.
>>
>>50610146
>Both sprues are copyright the same year, so we can't really tell which came first
But Tzangors were part of 40k long ago, and unlike AoS, 40k have full tzeench release
>>
>>50610254
true and something I mentioned in the post

odd that the shields are on the main sprue though right? All the old art for 40k shows them with guns...
>>
>>50610292
>All the old art and rules for 40k shows them with guns...
fix
>>
Rumor is January is a tzeentch release for AoS:

Look for a Tzeentch release window for Age of Sigmar in January

Close Combat Tzangors will be included
Blue Horrors
Brimstone Horrors
wait for it… Lord of Change (in plastic)
Tzeentch AoS Campaign book
Hobby Accessories
>>
>>50610406
Makes sense though. After Khorne and Nurgle spent much power fighting and losing in Ghyran and Aqshy, and with Slaanesh being a pinãta, the stars are right for He Who Plans.
>>
>>50610571
>Makes sense though
It doesn't, game is 1,5 y.o. and they already hsve only one big evil.
>>
>>50610981
Having too many big evil turns settings to shit.
>>
>>50610146
>>50610254
None of the leaks mentioned the 40k Tzeench release for this year. I think it was someone finding the box for Magnus the Red in the trash that made them have to release a bit sooner than planned.
>>
>>50610406

Are daemons now considered "AoS releases"?
>>
>>50613584
Maybe?

When they reboxed some of the daemons for AOS they did not include the WH40k logo.
>>
>>50613654
Daemons always had their own boxes, with no WH40k or Fantasy logo.

They are just Chaos Daemons boxes
>>
>>50613734
Or better, they have both logos in a small corner.
>>
File: DSCF4492.jpg (587KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4492.jpg
587KB, 1024x768px
Finished this.
What are you working on?

Don't look at the base, it's temporary. All my bases will be improved soon enough
>>
>>50613734
>>50613745

Right, which is why it's weird that the reboxed daemons for AOS don't include 40k logos
>>
>>50610193
You need to take bats as battle line. The old expensive ugly bats. Unless the shop isn't gw, have fun with that. I'd recommend third party options, cause the bats are useful. Or just taking zombies or skeletons battle line.
>>
>>50613881
I want to say it looks good but the base just isn't doing it for me.
3/10 because of base. Just trash the whole thing
>>
>>50610193
> super fun
If buy "fun" you mean the most outrageous price gouge ever, that not even the most rabid fan boy can defend, for 5 shit cast models, then yes, they are fun.
Or make your own out of Dragon Knights and black Knights, both much better priced. And redshirt can't even complain as its all GW models.
>>
>>50613881
really shows how a shitty base can ruin the whole figure
>>
File: 53161346.gif (96KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
53161346.gif
96KB, 500x492px
>>50614497
>>50614988
>Don't look at the base, it's temporary.
>Complaining about the base
>>
Spire of Dawn is real

>>50615148
>>
>>50614534
I'm in luck the store isn't GW so I can do whatever I want
>>
>>50603601
You can spam the board with as many of the things as you like, but you opponent can just move them outt of the way as he moves his dudes, because theyre not models represented by tthe rules, and as such cant affect the game. Things that don't exist cantt block movement.
>>
>>50613881
Such a nice paintjob, such a shitty fucking base. The base is so important to a model and your halfassed attempt ruined what is otherwise an excellent paintjob.
>>
>>50610193
Please dear god make your own blood knights, it actually hurts me seeing people pay so much for the current models.
>>
>>50615160
It's a very good move. I have no idea why they bothered to put square bases in there if the rumor is true. It seems pointless to me.

I am interested in seeing the updated warscrolls and fluff pieces about the box game.
>>
>>50616904
theyre getting rid of old stock and have literally no use for square bases

taking them out and storing them somewhere accomplishes nothing, its easier and cheaper to give them away for free
>>
File: 1481143690368.jpg (72KB, 230x202px) Image search: [Google]
1481143690368.jpg
72KB, 230x202px
>>50585038
done.
>>
>>50617419
May the Horned Rat bless you
>>
Anyone played with/against Skryrefyre (aka Clan Skryre battalion with double deep striking Warpfire Stormfiends)? It seems to be the boogeyman army in that everyone freaks out about it but I've never seen it. Is it really all that powerful?
>>
File: WH_AoS_SpireofDawn.jpg (195KB, 1000x759px) Image search: [Google]
WH_AoS_SpireofDawn.jpg
195KB, 1000x759px
guess its time to start collection disgusting rats
>>
>>50616739
Jeez, enough with the base. I know!

I have to rebase all my army, so in the meanwhile I wait for the stuff i ordered to arrive, I gave it a base just to see if the colour scheme work with the green I want to give the bases, and to play it.
>>
The Dawnspire stands at the edge of the Transient Isles. Immense, drifting islands of black stone hanging in the air above an azure sea, they were once the subject of foul sorceries, a powerful Chaos wizard seeking to bring them crashing down. The mages of the Eldritch Council were able to stop this foul ritual, but not before two of the islands were lost to the depths.

To protect the isles, the Dawnspire was created; housing objects of incredible power, it is protected by the most elite warriors the Transient Isles have ever known. Yet cruel eyes glow in the corners of the realms. fixated on the Dawnspire, intent on harnessing its power for their own dark purpose…

Dawnspire is a fantastic box set filled with Citadel miniatures, with a book telling the story of the Skaven Warlord Ripsnikk’s attempt to take the Dawnspire from the Swifthawk Agents who protect it. 74 miniatures are included, split between Skaven and Aelf forces:

Aelf:

- 1 High Warden
- 1 Archmage
- 10 Swordmasters
- 10 Spireguard
- 5 Reavers

Skaven

- 1 Skaven Warlord
- 1 Warlock Engineer
- 1 Packmaster
- 2 units of 20 Clanrats
- 2 Rat Ogors
- 1 Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team
- 1 Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team

The box also includes the complete rules for playing games of Warhammer age of Sigmar, 2 Warscroll Battalions and 2 Pitched Battle Profiles, one of each for each force. Supplied with round and square bases for each model.
>>
>>50618645
Im pretty okay with gw rereleasing stuff like this. Some might complain about seeing rehashed stuff all the time but its not so bad, these are really nice models that never should have gone away.
>>
>>50618645
Pitched battle profiles. This is some good shit right here.
>>
>>50618645
>mfw no one will want The elves locally
>>
>>50615051
>conveying important post-integral information that isn't a spoiler in spoiler tags

Ewww that base man.
>>
>>50618645
So how much will it retail for?
>>
All the battleforces except the khorne one are sold out and listed as no longer available. Thats just on preorder too.
>>
>>50619538
Glad I already pre-ordered mine then. Pick it up tomorrow
>>
>>50619538
Sheeeeeeeeeeeit
I was gonna get one.
>>
>>50615243
This is good. The Blood Knight models look cool, but 90 for 5 is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>50613881
That base be whack yo. Like mad whack
>>
>>50619538
"Age of shitmar doesnt sell"
>>
>>50619684
It looks like they aren't even on GW' s site right now. Maybe they will get new minis next year. Either way converting dragon knights seems cool
>>
The repackaged Isle of Blood is great. Maybe they will repackage Battle for Skull Pass some time in the future as well? One can hope right?

But yeah the return of the IoB minis and the Made to Order stuff from a while back has me hopeful.
>>
>>50619703
Well, OBVIOUSLY 100% of the stormcast boxes sold are by people wanting to convert them to blood angels
Same for the ironjawz as orks.
This is CLEARLY the most logical conclusion, especially since orks are terrible in 40k right now, so OBVIOUSLY people are gonna wanna play them
>>
>>50618645
>>50617828
I wonder about the Spireguard's warscrolls, especially about their keywords. Swifthawk Agents on all of them would be aces, but I can't see that happening for Swordmasters and Archmage at the very least.
Still, assuming roughly similar warscrolls, Reavers and High Warden would work very well with the general Swifthawk Agent playstyle and the Spireguard would give them a perfectly solid unit to anchor an army around.
>>
>>50619703
>"Age of shitmar doesnt sell"
it just means that they produced as much as they were thinking they would sell.
not that it sell large volumes anon
anger is no excuse for bad thinking
>>
File: qSdwpnSLCCM.jpg (126KB, 1280x312px)
qSdwpnSLCCM.jpg
126KB, 1280x312px
>>50617419
THESE AMUSE-PLEASES THE GREAT HORNED RAT!
>>
>>50620185
>it means they produced as much as they were thinking theyd sell.

If that were the case they would have at least been released before they sold out.
Sold out before they are even released = demand outweighs supply.
>>
hey, /aosg/, I hope this is the right place to ask but, what models would you recommend for "Vermintide" hero group, I want to make the 5 "heroes" but I can't find a good model for a old Witch Hunter or a female Bright Wizard
>>
>>50620635
>Sold out before they are even released = demand outweighs supply.
nah. GW only prints a few hundred special edition codecies of their Space Marine books too.
They could be printing thousands and they'd be sold out in a day too.

Forget trying to apply conventional logic and business tactics to GW.

The only thing we know for sure is that we don't know anything.
Though I'm gonna say that the new CEO made a few moves, like actively looking for community feedback and the General's Handbook, which might be indicators, but at the same time could be interpreted in both directions too.
>>
>>50620663
You could try converting some 40K inquisitors for the witch hunter maybe.
>>
>>50620663
For the Witchunter I'd look into Avatars or War's Witchunter model.
The sorceress is a bit tricky, but maybe you could convert a more generic sorceress from Hasslefree or Reaper with some torches from zealot or bitsordered GW pieces.
>>
>>50620706
Theres no reason to assume GW intended them to sell out before they were even released.

Its fun to tweist and turn and spout the 'GW HAZ NO LOGIK" meme, but the simplest asnwer is that the demand for them is clearly there, and it outweighed the supply. What business aims to dissapoint customers who wait for release day, during the Xmas period too? These arent even limitted edition items either, theres no value placed on their limited run.
>>
>>50621167
GW limits supply of shit all the time. It wouldn't be a surprise that they'd do it to holiday bundles.
>>
Does anyone think that GW might bring Brettonia and Tomb Kings back and they just sold them all/discontinued them just so they could make new models? Because they sold their stock and made great profit off em when it was on Last Chance to Buy
>>
>>50621211
Like what? Outside of actual limited edition stuff can you give an example?

Why would they limit their most appealing deals of the season to sell out before release day?
>>
>>50621241
brets? Probably not. Ya can't copyright generic knights and most brett players back in WHFB days would buy third party minis since they were cheaper.
TK? Maybe, they have enough original stuff (and some great sculpts) that I can most definitely see them making a resurgence
>>
>>50621303
But TK is literally egyptian mummies, can those be copyrighted?
>>
>>50613581
>I think it was someone finding the box for Magnus the Red in the trash
that "leak" was actually a clever marketing ploy by GW. If you saw the followup video to the leak, the trash can was the very same one in the leak
>>
>>50621261
>Why would they limit their most appealing deals of the season to sell out before release day?
That way you can be sure to tell your investors that your entire stock was sold out in mere hours yadda yadda.
Also might look good on statistics if you know what you are doing.

Just saying. Yes GW is a business, but it's naive to think that just means they're gonna produce as much as possible of the cool stuff in hopes of selling it.
They're also publicly traded, so they have to look good on paper.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 950x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 950x647px
>>50621303
Even Fireforge Games is making proxies for the Pegasus knights now.
>>
>>50621261
Space Hulk.
>>
>>50621362
Not really, outside of stuff like the name "Ushabti".

I agree that Brets and TKs probably got the axe because they were too reliant on the public domain.
>>
>>50621848
I think it is more than that

Tomb King lore as I understand was very heavily tied to the Old World. With the Old World gone, what place do they have in the narrative? Skeletons are already covered by Deathrattle...

I could see tomb kings coming back with a few additions and some new lore, but not as they were.

Maybe adding some mortal units to tomb kings? Royal generals calling upon their deceased ancestors to send their enemies into The Bone Zone™?
>>
>>50619727
Just buy some black Knight shields from a bits store. Jobs a gud un
>>
>>50620663
The free guild militia box, or whatever GW named it now.
It is literally all you need to make a human mordheim crew in a box.
In fact I think that's what it originally was
>>
>>50622535
Or make them have more statuary
Either way, the TK skellies should replace VC skellies so death can have more than 5 ranged units in an army
>>
Asked my store manager, Spire of Dawn is $80
>>
>>50623018
Makes sense. They're reusing mods that have already been paid off so they can keep the cost low
>>
>>50623018
Damn. That's pretty cheap. Like a buck a mini for the rats, 10 for the monster, 10 for the rat ogres. Not too shabby.
>>
>>50623018
Holy shit that's a better deal than a start collecting! Bravo, GW, bravo.
>>
>>50621496
That doesn't stand with the claim that they could print ten ties as much and reliably sell out.
You get to tell your investors the same thing, and show ten times the profit.

The ideal is always to print enough that just sell out in the period.
>>
I don't get this.

Is Age of Sigmar during the time when Sigmar was alive or is it during this time "inbetween" Fantasy and 40k if you could call it that?
>>
>>50623973
Age of Sigmar is the time after the Fantasy world was destroyed.
There is no time between Fantasy and 40k, they are separate universes.
>>
>>50620663
I'm Vermintide guy, so I looked at some models and stuff, and would anyone know if the Warrior Priest models come with head as a separate part/easily detachable from body, because those heads are perfect
>>
File: AOW35 witch hunter.jpg (66KB, 508x602px) Image search: [Google]
AOW35 witch hunter.jpg
66KB, 508x602px
>>50624182
afaik no.
The only place you could look into for multipart warrior priests would be the huge carriage thingies. One of them had the grand theogonist on it, maybe there was a second crewman too. I think it had another guy reading from a pulpit on top.
That's the only place I can think of that could have had plastic Warrior priest parts.

Did you check this guy out though?
>>
So I dug through my miniatures and this is the list i've come up with at 1500. Basically you make a brick of 15 Rotbringers that can re-roll saves of 1, get a 3+, a 5+ feel no pain aura from Harbinger, 6+ feel no pain from Warshrine. I use the cavalry to rush Ranged units or flank. Plaguebearers are there to screen and be generally annoying, also if they're near the Harbinger they benefit from having a Daemon nearby.
1 Harbinger of Decay 140
1 Chaos Sorcerer Lord 140
1 Chaos Warshrine 200
15 man Blightking unit 540
10 plaguebearers 100
10 plaguebearers 100
10 Chaos Marauder Horsement 200
3 Nurglings 80
>>
>>50624233
Yeah, I saw that one but the big holy cross kinda ruins it. the GW witch Hunter is good, it's just I need a clean shaven and bald head to put on him
>>
>>50624244
>it's just I need a clean shaven and bald head to put on him
lol

I though you wanted the body without the head because you wanted to put a hat on him or something.

90% of GWs plastic heads are clean shaven bald dudes. Take your pic.
The IG command squad has a neat one with scars, most Space Marine kits come with several, the Chaos Marauder cavalry have some cool ones too. The fantasy ranges have loads too.
Just go to any bits site and type in head. You'll find dozens of bits to choose from.
>>
>>50624271
Oh, thanks. That one looks really good, yeah and seems like it'd be easy to put a pilgrimmy hat on. Thanks
>>
>>50601529
Well, Nagash was trapping souls in his all-new Black Pyramid in the latest novel...
But that shot doesn't really convey the Death aesthetic.
>>
>>50622648
It's squatted, m80.
>>
>>50622648
>>50624966
You know this got me thinking; we know they plan on rebooting Mordheim. Since mordheim never got any plastics (i dont think) they may rerelease the free guild militia box and stick it in the Mordheim set. I would be totally cool with that, desu.

What other kits would be good rebranded as 'mordheim sets'?

Warriors for Duardin. Marauders for chaos. Clanrats for skaven? The Ardboys would be excellent for ironjaws, of course, because there are so many weapon and wargear options there.

Ideally of course we hope they do unique kits for it, but I just think a bunch of the old kits would be great alternatives for mordheim's style.

To be honest I never played mordheim when it was being supported so i don't know what the kits were like back in the day.
>>
How do you beat Kroak + Vortex

Can't melee him

Can't reliably shoot him, 2+ rerollable save and he can make you reroll hits/wounds/damage with Insight
>>
>>50625238
Mortal wounds. Sorry. That's it.
>>
>>50625178
not sure

they last chanced that specific kit, and to be fair, it was really ancient.

I bought a box early this year, and while it was a lovely kit, the mold lines were awful and the detail on the sculpts was no where near even their mid-2000s pre-CAD sculpts.

the marauder kit wouldn't actually be great. It is also very old and only has options between flails and axes.
>>
>>50625303
Easier said than done. Can't get in to melee, so you have to rely on ranged mortal wounds. Insight from Starseer means ranged mortal wounds are going to get rerolled and minimized or outright avoided, then the battleshock test he has to make can be rerolled as well.

On deployment he will hide behind terrain to give LOS and have a huge screen of skinks/warriors/guard to prevent any deep strike. Second turn he is on the vortex nuking your ranged mortal wound attackers with bastiladon laser, kroaks devastating spells, and chameleon skinks. Third turn the rest of the army finishes you off. Almost guaranteed to get two turns in a row because of Insight.
>>
File: IMG_8139.png (279KB, 640x1136px)
IMG_8139.png
279KB, 640x1136px
Age of Sigmar Map campaign I've been working on for the past few weeks. I plan on running this sometime in January, I'm unsure how long it will last. The only thing that is unfinished is the title page. What do you guys think?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-T9WpY3Q6aWn98V3SuOJUp5SbqZcQ_cIPBDTn5ZtsFo
>>
>>50625506
Looks awesome, if I can use it I'll pitch it to my local group
>>
>>50625550
I'm cool if you guys want to use a carbon copy, but I do recommend brainstorming with some friends some cool locations and items. That was probably the most fun part. I used Inkarnate for the two maps.
>>
>$50 for ten Ironbreakers
But why
>>
>>50625571
I've used inkarnate before, I just barely have time to plan these things
>>
>>50625571
>Vial of Tumultuous Sands: One Hero in your army may hold the Vial of Tumultuous Sands. During your Hero phase, the Hero may uncork the vial, releasing the sand inside. Pick one unit within 12”. That unit may move 6” as though it was the movement phase, and may move as though it could fly. If an enemy unit moved, it may not end its move with 9” of a friendly unit, while friendly units may not end their move within 9” of an enemy unit.

This bit may need extra clarification - does it prevent any enemy or friendly unit from going within 9" of each other across the whole board, or does it just mean the unit you chose can't use its free move to get closer than 9"?
>>
>>50625592
Not gonna try to justify it, but it was a more recent kit. One of the last ones before End Times happened, this was during the kirby "WE SELL QUALITY MODELS WITH PREMIUM PRICING" era. Hence why it's a $50 kit for 10 models, when you can get some other fantasy kits containing 10 bigger models for only $25-35.

It's just something you deal with. I do love the kit though. It's one of my favorite dwarf kits. Both with bits and rules. But yeah the pricing does suck.
>>
>>50625506
Looks pretty cool! I think you guys will have a great campaign with this stuff. How many people are going to play in this campaign? I'd worry about cheesy lists with this kind of campaign, or can you pick different army for each game?

Btw you have a typo at the bottom of page 3: "write the victor's name, IN PENICL..."
>>
>>50625178
>8:58:2
There was a plastic 'Mordheim weapon sprue' at the time. But the free company box was also used alot.

I really hope they make some new plastics but my bet is on (admittedly good looking) monopose a la bloodbowl. Which is tougher to personalise.
>>
>suddenly realize a few dozen hours into working on models my list has NO source of mortal wounds
>>
>>50625738
Yeah monopose kinda sucks, but admittedly the multipose kits looked pretty derpy. I've done converting for quite some time so i can usually get around monoposes with creative cutting and greenstuffing.

I just look forward to a mordheim reboot, and I hope it is set in the mortal realms.
>>
are blood warriors any good? I dismissed them at first for being khorne chaos warriors, but after looking at the warscroll again, they seem like they could be interesting as a unit the enemy doesn't want to attack.

but they cost so many points... I have my doubts.
>>
>>50625808
They can be reliable damage-dealers if you give them double axes and give their leader the super-axe, but Skullgrinders are better at that, so YMMV.

If you're referring to the starter-kit ones, which only get gorefists, then try and find something that can give them +1 to save rolls - it'll make them twice as likely to hurt something on their saves, while improving their survivability.
>>
>>50625178
Mordheim did have a couple of plastic kits. They were later repackaged as the Empire Militia and the Skaven Night Runners.
>>
>>50625808
Stick gorefisted ones to objective and give them mystic shield, even better if they are in cover. +2 to save roll is amazing and frustrates your opponent pretty well. Just watch out that you won't put them against mortal wounds.
>>
>>50579847
what's Eye of Agamotto doin' in Sigmarverse?
good doctor came to bargain with Ruinous Powers?
>>
>>50582661
how much did original IoB cost?

can we hope for repacked Skull Pass?
>>
What's up folks. 40k player here that wants to try AoS for the First time. What should I expect? What is the easiest army to get in the game?
>>
>>50626652
just give your Space Marines melee weapons and use them as dwarf stormcasts
>>
>>50626652
>What is the easiest army to get in the game?
Stormcast Eternal

They are cheap (thanks to the bundles), low models count army and straightforward.

The only better solution would be if you were by any chance a 40k Daemon player.
>>
>Elves finally on preorder

Fuck yeah
>>
>>50626816
for me I find its cheap as fuck for all those 72 models.
didn't even know this box existed since I gave up on WHFB many years ago
>>
>>50626859
Yeah I agree, £50 for all of that is pretty damn good value.
>>
>>50626795
Nope, SM
Thanks though
>>
>>50626869
how much did original IoB cost?
>>
>>50626879
You are welcome filthy loyalist
>>
>>50619535
50 quid
>>
Just got myself Spire of Dawn

You think swapping around the Pegasus of my Bretonnian Lord and the Aelf Gryphon would work out?
>>
>>50627168
Sure. You could also use it as the hippogryph. Although, note that the Aelf legs are fused to the gryphon.
>>
>>50627324
Oh really?

Looking at the pictures the waist down looks like generic knight kit, so a quick torso swap shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>50627421
It should be a fairly easy kitbash for Bretonnia. You might also have use greenstuff or something to create a more firm bond with the waist, but nothing really overly complicated.
>>
>>50627679
Cheers, at the moment he's just a regular Pegasus Knight with a custom shield and helmetless head. Was really looking for something to make him more interesting.
>>
>>50625699
I wrote that in all caps as it's pretty important. Writing it in pencil allows someone to erase the current owner's name, and write their own when they take over a territory.
>>
>>50625614
Yeah, I'll clarify that, thanks. It's the second interpretation.
>>
>>50626228
Ah ok, that makes sense. So night runners would be what GW imagined a skaven mordheim warband was. Interesting.
>>
>>50626551
Possibly. I think it would be a wise move. Likely it would be deemed a box of Dispossessed and Greenskins. We will see. But they won't do it until the steam wears off of this one though
>>
>>50628507
Not sure you understand what a typo is.

You literally have put "IN PENICL"
>>
File: 60010299009_SpireofDawnENG01.jpg (152KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
60010299009_SpireofDawnENG01.jpg
152KB, 920x950px
Alright guys, so tell me:
- Current price for this set is including something like pre-release discount or is it a normal price?
- Is it a good way to start a Skaven army? It looks really loaded so maybe this and Star Colleting will be enough?
- What about Aelf forces? Is there any way to expand them without buying a second box?
>>
>>50628954
Oh, sorry, I guess it skipped my mind twice now. Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>50629027
- GW doesn't do pre-release discounts. The price is as is.
-It's great for starting skaven, and to build on that, the start collecting pestilens would be a good cost effective addiition.
-Just get cheap aelf kits would be my guess.
>>
how does one build a skaven army? does all skaven models count as one faction/allegience? whats the difference between the spire dawn skaven and the start collecting clan pestilens?
>>
>>50629055
Maybe Skaven players hope I will be one of them soon will sell Aelf half cheaply.
God, first Starter Set costs 375 PLN on GW site and something like 275-300 PLN in other stores.
Spire of Dawn is 250 PLN on GW - I don't know if it's possible but could it costs like 200-220 in other stores?
>>
>>50629121
One of my FLGSes has a 20% off discount on all GW items until the end of the month. See if there are any stores in your area doing something similar.
>>
>>50629121
KURWA!
>>
>>50629367
Actually, as a Silesian I'm really impressed not only with the variety of polish swearwords but also with possibility of using one in few different situations. Few minutes ago I used kurwa to show my cheer and glee and now I used it to show my anger and disappointment that my wallet is pretty empty.

Also >>50629117 seconded this
>>
>>50629117
Gradually.
Yes for the Chaos and Skaven allegiances, no for everything else. Look at the keywords, basically.
There are different models in each? Spire of Dawn has mixed stuff, Verminus, Skyre and Moulder primarily, while SC Pestilens is mostly Nurgle Pestilens-alligned units (though some units can be assembled as something else, i.e. a Skyre's Warplightning Cannon instead of the Pestilens Plagueclaw Catapult)
>>
>>50629975
I plan on making my skaven army a little custom clan. Because I'm a faggot. Current headcanon that I'm working on is that they've found a large warpstone deposit, so much so that their fur has changed dark green and skin nurgle green and they look like wretched plague ridden freaks, so to compensate, they are very obsessed with bright colors as a status symbol among their clan, so they were vibrant pink armor sets and such. Yeah it's shit, I'm still working on it, but the color scheme sounds fun.
>>
>>50629975
I'm not a Skaven player so I don't really know how key words work for them - isn't it enough if all of them have SKAVEN?
So everything you can have from:
SC! Box
Plague monks
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, NURGLE, PESTILENS
Plague Furnace
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, NURGLE, PESTILENS, HERO, PRIEST, PLAGUE PRIEST, PLAGUE FURNACE
Screaming Bell
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, MASTERCLAN, HERO, WIZARD, GREY SEER,
Plagueclaw
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, NURGLE, PESTILENS, WAR MACHINE, PLAGUECLAW
Warp lightning cannon
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, SKRYRE, WAR MACHINE, WARP LIGHTNING CANNON

SoD
Skaven Warlord
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, VERMINUS, HERO, SKAVEN WARLORD
Warlock Engineer
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, SKRYRE, HERO, WIZARD, WARLOCK ENGINEER
Packmaster
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, MOULDER, HERO, PACKMASTER
Clanrats
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, VERMINUS, CLANRATS
Rat Ogres
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, MOULDER, RAT OGRES
Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, SKRYRE, POISONED WIND MORTAR WEAPON TEAM
Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team
>CHAOS, SKAVEN, SKRYRE, WARPFIRE THROWER WEAPON TEAM
>>
>>50630264
>isn't it enough if all of them have SKAVEN?
Well, depends on what you want of the army. For example, if you want Plaguemonks to be your battleline, your entire force MUST have the Pestilens keyword.
And in the future your main allegiance also will decide what sort of relics you will get access to.
>>
looking at cheap ways to expand my list from 1000 points to 1500 and came up with this

>Wulfrik the Wanderer <General>
>Chaos Sorceror Lord <Artifact - Crown of Conquest>
>Bloodsecrator
>Marauders x40, shields
>Bloodreavers x40, reaver blades
>Warshrine
>Marauder Horsemen x5, javelins
>Marauder Horsemen x5, javelins
>Blood Warriors x10, gorefists

1480/1500 points

General strategy, Wulfrik and Marauders get in there first wave and tie up what they can. Hopefully by the time the enemy has chewed through 40 marauders with shields and Wulfrik the Bloodreavers, Warshrine, and Bloodsecrator will be in position. The horses look for weak units or summoners to use their speed and range against. The Blood Warriors sit on an objective, even better if they can huddle into a terrain piece to get a cover save. The wizard shields the warriors, or shoots at stuff if they have to.
>>
>>50630558
>if you want Plaguemonks to be your battleline, your entire force MUST have the Pestilens keyword
But why? Non of their ability is using Pestilens keyword
>>
>>50630636
The bloodwarriors don't really fit the rest of the light infantry-centric list you seem to have going on.
If that's just my imagination, feel free to ignore me.
>>
>>50630688
Because that's the rule? You did read the rules and the GHB, right?
>>
Just picked up the Khorne Bloodbound start collecting box and was wondering what the best way to build the blood warriors and crushers is.
>>
>>50630730
As I said - I'm not a Skaven player, but yeah, I have read them long time ago actually. So the bottom line is SoD + Skaven SC is not a good way to build an legal skaven army?
>>
File: 1480994344422.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480994344422.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
2000 points Skaven
Skaven Warlord w/2 weapons 100
Warlock Engineer 100
Warlock Engineer 100
Pack Master 60
Screaming Bell 260

Clanrats x40, 240
Clanrats x40, 240
Clanrats x40, 240

Poison Wind Mortar 60
Poison Wind Mortar 60
Ratling Gun 80
Ratling Gun 80
Warpfire Thrower 60
Warpfire Thrower 60
Rat Ogres x4, 240

Take Crown of Conquest for double Inspiring Presence to keep my clanrats from fleeing, lord of war or whatever to give +1 Hit to my Ratling guns or Clan rats, and bubble wrap all my weapon teams with rats to stop any deep strikers/summons.
>>
>>50630704
you are right that they don't, but they are cheap to get.

Maybe 30 marauders with shields would do the job better anyway?
>>
>>50630754
Bloodwarriors: Gorefists are kinda shit unless you heavily invest into them. Just take dualaxes on your dudes and the goreglaive on the champion.
Skullcrushers: You've got to decide for yourself if you prefer better to-hit or rend. I'm in favor of the axes, since they share a statline with the hooves and this makes rolling for them a little swifter.

Also, axes look cooler.
>>
>>50630754
I bought one last week, I gave the warriors two goreaxes and the crushers the lances. Won't lie though, I did that mostly because I thought it looked cool.
>>
File: skaven.png (79KB, 295x874px) Image search: [Google]
skaven.png
79KB, 295x874px
>>50630822
Nah, they are actually fairly decent, but you'll need to tinker with how you assemble shit a little.
Have a list built out of the two boxes that would work sorta well.
That said, if you build them like this, get your hands on another box of clanrats with spears asap, you'll want spear-ratmen in piles of 30.
Other than that, a few more rat-ogres wouldn't hurt and you'll definitly want 20 stormvermin to push the screaming bell.
>>
>>50631202
Thanks. I will probably try to make a 1000pts list so it should be a little easier
>>
File: 60010299009_SpireofDawnENG06.jpg (159KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
60010299009_SpireofDawnENG06.jpg
159KB, 920x950px
Looking at Spire of Dawn, apparently both armies will be ready for pitched battles right out the gate. Since only Reavers are Battleline out of the box, that'd mean one other unit would have to be made Battleline as well.
Here's to hoping that means Seaguard (Spireguard now, I guess) will be affected by that. I'd be all over Battleline Seaguard.
>>
>>50613881
Ignore the fucking idiots who didn't actually read your post, anon. It's looking good.

What size base is it though, out of interest? I'm trying to look into the best size/shape for my wolf chariots.
>>
>>50631956
Fuck yes. An option long awaited.
>>
I asked a long time ago about alternate models for necro knights, and I thought to try out White Lions as mounts. Looked like shit and really didn't fit a celt aesthetic. Anyone of you got an idea that can fit in a GW store? Lions are too small, thunderwolves too bionic-y, and spiders really don't fit. What can I make to fit the role?
>>
>>50624630
I can't wait till it gets rat nuked
>>
>>50632239
Fenrisian wolves? Wolves are as Caucasian a mount you can get
>>
>>50632359
Yeah, I was thinking either some wolves or maybe boars, but are the fenris wolves bigger than the goblin wolves? I need something in the monstrous cav category. Maybe one can convert mournfangs?
>>
>>50632445
Fenresian wolfes are on the small-ish side, yeah. But Mournfangs are fucking enormous, so I have some doubts there.
>>
>>50632517
Have you seen the necro knights tho? They are pretty huge too.
>>
>>50632445
Fenrisian Wolves are longer and taller than goblin wolves. You could look into Thunder Wolves, as well.
>>
>>50632239
dracoths?

>>50632359
>>50632445
Fenrisian Wolves are more like cavalry sized. I use them for my Wild Riders.
>>
Could someone post pics of the alternative Khorne Bloodbound colour schemes, bloody please?
>>
>>50632239
You could also use the badass elk that sisters of thorn ride, if you can get you're hands on some. My lgs has some leftover, one near you might.
>>
>>50633095
>Dracoths

That's pretty pricey though, and the armor isn't very Celtic.
>>
>>50631956
I wish that some of them wouldn't be gritting their teeth. I imagine them stepping on legos.
>>
>>50631956
Why do you think they will make something else battle line? I doubt they are worried about making it matched play compatible
>>
would you guys suggest the dawn spire + pestilens SC to build a skaven army?
>>
>>50633600
>The box also includes the complete rules for playing games of Warhammer age of Sigmar, 2 Warscroll Battalions and 2 Pitched Battle Profiles, one of each for each force. Supplied with round and square bases for each model.
Not him, but I'd say it's a reasonable assumption, given the description.
>>
>>50633810
see >>50631202 and go from there.
>>
>>50633155
Go yellow
>>
>>50633385
Megaloceros, maybe giant irish elk rider skellybros? Would fit perfectly, except I'd need some riding legs, I doubt black knight dress legs work.
>>
>>50634019
Use "green stuff", or whatever hopefully cheaper alternative. You could cut the legs off then extend them with it maybe.
>>
>>50633992
That's a cool paintjob, but i meant the template things in their battletome.. Got them on Hand?
>>
>>50633810
Take Spire of Dawn, assemble as is (but give the clanrats with handweapons spears if you can kitbash that). Also build the monks.
Decide if you want the plague furnace or the screaming bell. If it's the former, build the furnace and take the leftover grey seer and rat ogre and put them on some spare bases. Otherwise, build the bell and put the leftover plague priest on said spare base. Screaming Bell is probably the better choice, as it is more generalized than the furnace.
Then, assemble either lightning cannon or plague catapult. I'd recommend the cannon.
After that, get a big unit of Stormvermin to push the bell.
>>
>>50634052
Hm, maybe I have some tomb king cav legs lying around. They are pure bony after all. Or just use the basic bodies of the wild riders with skelly arms and stuff, they are pretty celtic by design already. Just need to find a way to bulk out the bases/design, they need to be monster cav after all.
>>
Hello all, I'm new to AoS, but not to warhammer.

I've painted an Empire army with a friend in the past and have played 40k a few times, and am interested in getting started with AoS myself.

Which would be the better buy for a new player? The AoS starter set, or the Spire of Dawn that comes out next week? I really enjoy skaven, but I didn't know if one was a better buy over the other one.

what do you think?
>>
>>50634554
That really depends on what you want. Spire of Dawn is significantly cheaper and contains more models (74 models as opposed to 47, 65€ instead of 100€), but that means nothing if you don't like the sculpts or hate the playstyle.
Neither is a bad idea, as both provide either army with everything needed to start. Well, we assume, Highborne may or may not need a second battle line unit, that is still unclear.
>>
>>50629117
Skaven player here.

You build Skaven around an idea: what do I want my rats to do? Skaven are pretty good at everything, having some vicious melee as well as some of the best shooting in the game. They can tarpit and deepstrike with the best of them and posses the speed to bring the fight to the enemy.

But they need a specialization. Everything the Skaven do costs slot, if they want to go it well. Skaven did get fucked in the battleline department, each clan has its own battleline but bringing anything masterclan (I.e your best "vanilla" generals) invalidates your allegiance, so your mostly stuck with clanrats.

Once you've decided what you want your army to do, pick a clan that you find appealing, or run Skaven undivided, but more on that.

Pestilens excel at nasty combat, the units are squishy but they put the hurt on people quick. Nurgle allies are great to offset your horrible survivability, they perform the best against other horde armies.

Skryre is the premier clan. Anything you need, skyre has an answer for. Mortal wounds? Vicious melee? Awesome magic? Shooting? Mobility? All under one allegiance. So why take anyone else? Well low model count for starters. Everything in skyre is either small units (weapons teams) or expensive (both in points and $$) and most of the time it is both. Storm fiends are the horned rats gift to Skaven, but you need to buy three boxes to kit them out properly. They're also 300 points, so there's that. Acolytes are nightmares with orbs if you have them but spending 12$ per model for a metal battleline unit that will probably die to turn 1 shooting sucks. The most competitive clan nevertheless.

Moulder got the short end of the stick right now. Your monsters are quite good at murdering stuff, being big lumbering beasties and all. But they can't take a hit worth a damn. Rat ogres are 120pts for 2, and they should have a minimum 4 to be actually effective.

Cont.
>>
>>50634554
Spire of dawn really is more bang for the buck. Plus as a WHFB player you could use spire for both since it comes with square bases.
>>
>>50634849
Then you have a pacemaker, because ogres can't hit for shit and that makes 200 points, for 20 (I think the master has 4) wounds with 4+ saves. Not really that impressive. Giant rats can be great swarms, but they can be pricey real world since you need bucket loads of them.

Verminous is the most 1 dimensional but has some powerful units to make up for it. Stomrvermin are nasty mother duck erst that always kill above their weight class. 2 attacks each 3/3 that rend? Eat Shit everything similarly costed. However they can't take a punch worth a damn so hit with them first. Congrats are another story, they will impress you when you least expect it and let you down every other time. They're pricey to field effectively, 180 for 30. But if they hit first,(see a problem here).can put a dent in tough foes if only for the number of dice your throwing. Skaven warlords are great for their command ability and doesn't at everything else, seriously mine has killed like 1 bloodwarrior. Banner carriers are excellent and easy to convert, but 140 points for a worse bloodsecrator sucks.
>>
>>50631202
this list is all from the sc and spire of dawn box?
>>
File: 1459898338401.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1459898338401.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>Mfw realizing Forge World sells an Age of Sigmar Chaos Dwarf army

Fuckin neato
>>
>>50634849
Moulder do get a bit of Forgeworld love in Wolf Rats and Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror though, mind.
>>
>>50635568
Shit, no. Sorry, I meant Verminus.
>>
>>50634963

well that's neat about the bases. Are square bases allowed to be used in AoS? I know circles bases aren't allowed in WHFB for your average infantry and such, so is there a way I can make the bases interchangeable?
>>
>>50621848
For the record 'ushabti' and variant spellings are totally public domain. They're IRL Egyptian funerary statues.
>>
>>50625592
This is something that I hate too. Same thing for 10 Longbeards/Hammerers. Compare: 10 Eternal Guard/Rangers are only 39$. Rangers and Hammerers are close enough to be almost the same, and I feel like Eternal Guard are just straight up better.
>>
>>50635685
All of my stuff is on squares since I put them together years ago, I still like fantasy and I don't want things to look wonky so any more units I get for the army will be on squares. Rules as written the bases don't matter. If I got a force of stormcast or something else new in sigmar I might do circles (though I'll probably never get anything like this). Having them be interchangeable might be tricky I'm not sure how that would work
>>
>>50635685
>>50636080
Also I'm hoping to split the spire of dawn box with a skaven guy and if I did that I'd be putting them on the squares. Why have them be only compatible for one game when they could be for every game?
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.