[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 70

File: 200.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
"Too many fucking combos" edition

Old thread: >>50511073

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>50532442
I would cut the shitty individual creatures and focus more on flooding the board with tokens. You should include more draw/filtering to help you get a big board state for Zada. You're mono R, run Ruination.

>>50528084
Soul Sculptor and Trapped in the Moon can make it a non-creature.

>>50527962
Azusa is the stronger of the two ramp commanders, Titania is stompy. All three can be good.
>>
File: 69.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>50532865
>Too many fucking combos
Let me tell you about My Pal Slobad
>>
>>50533131
Tell me. I'm not impressed right now
>>
>>50533196

We've had this discussion a million times, it's just a mono red artifact deck like any other except that daretti can die a lot in multiplayer games whereas Slobad isn't a high priority target

Also he's a free sac outlet
>>
>>50531412
Rubinia is straight up downgrade from Yasova, but Merieke is better. Memnarch is THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST of stealers.
At least Yasova enables some multijank like Bazaar Trader ro sate my inner Johnny.
>>
>>50533319
iirc while they might build similarly due to being monored artifact decks, the playstyles are actually pretty different. Daretti is a stax deck with a midrange-y value driven plan B whereas from what I know Slobad in his truest form is pure combo using his free sacrifice
>>
File: Wort The RaidMother.jpg (586KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
Wort The RaidMother.jpg
586KB, 1024x752px
Cool idea from the last thread. Theme songs for your EDH Decks?

Pic related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0XisnwaFAY
>>
File: 1441331198990.jpg (31KB, 262x195px) Image search: [Google]
1441331198990.jpg
31KB, 262x195px
Requesting really janky deck ideas. I'm talking about mono-green stax or something equally garbage.

>>50526693
Added a forest now, should I go up to 2 forests?
>>50526710
I have Confidant in already, but I cut Tutelage. I'm honestly not sure what beatdown to add though, could you enlighten me? There was that one cheap buttbreather but I can't remember it's name
>>50526812
wew lad, turboscrub detected. This is meant to be a good and competitive deck to go alongside my combo, control, and voltron decks.
After all 4 are finalised and built I will build fun decks that are sub-optimal. That's why I've been asking for terrible deck ideas.
>>
>>50533422
>I'm talking about mono-green stax or something equally garbage.
Yisan :^)
>>
>>50533422
>Requesting really janky deck ideas. I'm talking about mono-green stax or something equally garbage.

marchesa threaten, dethrone and sac
>>
>>50533467
that doesn't even sound garbage
>>50533465
> :^)
no, ;^)) to u ser
>>
File: 400px-Teferinew.jpg (44KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Teferinew.jpg
44KB, 400x290px
Hello /edhg/, I don't typically share or comment b/c no time but today is different. Too many combos, meet your worst nightmare: the one where you never get to play your combos because my turn is more like five in a row (the best fun!). Helmed by the best WalkMander, Baldy Mc Fuckedthetimestreams.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/teferi-takes-too-many-turns/
>>
>>50533501
>that doesn't even sound garbage

it is janky as fuck

you need:

>marchesa, who is not allowed to die at any point
>a threaten spell
>a dethrone target or a way to get counters on marchesa and the thing you threaten
>a sac outlet

once you have all that, you can steal a total of 1 creature until you draw more threaten effects
>>
Post upgrades for K&T freon that won't completely exhaust my $55 budget. Pls
>>
>>50533422
You can absolutely make mono green stax. Titania is your commander and you win with all the free tokens she makes when you crack fetches, Dustbowl, etc. Yes, run the green fetch lands.
>>
>>50533551
Sounds like a Dong Zhou deck I brewed.
I think I'm looking for something really terrible to overcompensate for my other decks.
>>50533590
Burgeoning (I don't know it might have been in the deck), Assault formation, Gahiji, Sun Titan, Rampaging Baloths, Cyclonic Rift, Coutnerspell
>>50533708
Ah shit, I forgot that that's a real deck.
>>
Should I build Vish kal, Uril or Nekusar for my next deck? I already have Kalitas and Thraximundar and I really like Thraximundar.
>>
>>50533771
dont build nekusar
>>
>>50533771
Nekusar for strong, vish kal for unique, fuck My Name is Uril
>>
>>50533771

Ignoring this irrational hater here
>>50533785

building Uril makes the most sense of those options because you don't have any green or white, but Uril isn't that much fun desu, build a different GW deck
>>
>>50533771
You need some green and white in your life.
But of those options I would build Vish Kal because I have never seen him. Otherwise Uril for more colour diversity

>>50533535
I'm assuming this isn't bait. I'm not gonna even try to pick apart the deck and give advice. Maybe later.
>>
>>50533535
Absolute trash.
>>
>>50533771
>Uril
Not my top pick for Multiplayer. Unless you play smart and pack ways to make sure Uril doesnt get swept off the board, you're going to have a hard time trying to take out 3 or more people.
>Nekusar
Nekusar will always over time turn into one of two things: a glorified Burn deck or a Storm deck. Theres no two ways around it.
>Vish Kal
Expensive as fuck, but as a curve topper he can work. Having a no-cost sac outlet allows you for some combo shenanigans thats accessible in the Command Zone.

In the end, I would pick Vish Kal. You can do some nasty things with him and even so much win with him if you have the right board state when he resolves. On the top of my head: Yosei + Sigil of the New Dawn is a soft lock, Sun Titan + Angelic Blessing is a perma boardwipe with Vish Kal swinging for lethal.
>>
>>50533844
It's not. Been trying to get the precon to do better and so far it's consistently performing well. Not great but definitely not bad. Group games are the best because somehow no one expects the artifacts and extra turns to be as lethal as it is. Shit surprised me. I'd rather use Tezzeret as a commander if possible b/c his +1 ability is what ends up propelling this deck.

>>50533886
Your input is so helpful.
>>
>>50533985
>somehow no one expects the artifacts and extra turns to be as lethal as it is

that's interesting, because those are the biggest warning bells for me in terms of threat assessment

i actually always just try to kill the blue artifact player as soon as possible because 1) blue artifact autism wins games out of nowhere and 2) losing to blue artifact autism fucking sucks
>>
>>50533985
Thanks, I put my greatest effort in my post.
All kidding aside, your group seem pretty bad.
Artifacts are probably the strongest permanent type in the whole format, so I would expect really intense shitflinging on either R or U artifacts. Extra turns I don't care about, since they're usually played by annoying faggots who want to jerk off, at least around here. I wouldn't mind otherwise, but they always refuse to shortcut and are slow as fuck anyway not to mention the constant rewinds since they can't play for shit.
>>
Someone mentioned Kemba as a commander in the last thread and I thought it might be something kinda neat to do that's different from my usual decks.
When it comes to equipment decks, though, I don't know much. What are some essentials I need to include?
>>
Ok, here's my advice. Teferi is run because his -1 is retarded
Cuts (34):
elemental, djinn, sirens, epitap, faerie mechanist, fathom seer, fog bank, leviathan, ixidron, pretender, padeem, owl, thief, sphinx, willbender, fools demise, spirit away, call to mind, ghostform, prosperity, artistry, sleep, train of thought, cackling counterpart, hydrolash, mana leak, turn to frog, dreamstone hedron, sapphire medallion, swiftfoot boots, unwinding clock, ur golems eye, zoetic cavern

Adds :
part the waterveil, plea for power, temporal trespass, walk the aeons, fact or fiction, compulsive research, condescend, thran dynamo, careful consideration, aetherize, future sight, wash out, impulse, brainstorm, ponder, preordain, alhammarets archive, windfall, rite of replication
and some more good draw and counterspells and removal
>>
>>50534243

Stoneforge mystic
Stonehewer giant
Masterwork of ingenuity
Steelshaper's gift
Darksteel plate
Puresteel paladin
Lightning greaves
Leonin shikari
>>
>>50534243
monowhite has a lot of card draw problems but they can some what be shored up through equipments.

Skullclamp
Sword of Fire and Ice
Mask of Memory
Rogue's Gloves

Most of these double in effectiveness with the application of double strike. Also a lot of people forget about Stone Haven Outfitter.
>>
File: Tuktuk_Scrapper.jpg (116KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
Tuktuk_Scrapper.jpg
116KB, 620x453px
need some suggestions for my tazri deck folks

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tazri-zendikar-assemble/
>>
Who would be the best choice of Gruul commander for a Johnny-style player, with a healthy side helping of Timmy-style?
>>
>>50534806
>ctrl f food chain
>0 results
Son, I am disappoint.
>>
>>50533422
R/G Werewolf tribal helmed by Ulrich.
Must run every single werewolf available in colors.
>>
>>50534860
That's easy, it's Wort.
>>
>>50534243
Any and all sources of equipment based card draw
Mentor of the Meek
Raksha Golden Cub
Really, you're going cat tribal so Coat of Arms, Coordinated Barrage, Crib Swap, etc. work
Wide buff equipment like Sword of the Paruns and Dragon Throne
Sigarda's Aid
>>
>>50534860
Rosheen X cost tribal, including Hydras, mostly Timmy
Mine and Denn landfall shenanigans
Wort the Raidmother big spells, again mostly Timmy
Or just build a Timmy-Johnny deck with a versatile commander like Radha Heir to Keld
>>
>>50533422
>Requesting really janky deck ideas
Sun Quan mono-blue aggro, i.e. Krakens on Horses
Lin-Sivvi Rebel tribal, or rebels under a better commander like Karador
Silas Renn + Sidar Kondo double-striking ninjas
Opal-Eye invincible Pariahs.dec
Thrasios + _____ Training Grounds.dec

Or just do a familiar archetype under a less familiar commander, like Marton Stromgald Sligh
>>
>>50533419
Poor Hedningarna, Finntroll really saw more attention with that song.
>>
File: 1480289222882.png (3KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480289222882.png
3KB, 300x270px
>Playing Breya against Sliver Queen goodstuff, Oloro pillowfort/artifacts, and Animar lol colorless creatures
>get out conjurer's closet and godo, grab cranial plating, and equio it and loxodon warhammer to sharuum.
>can't hit oloro and sliver queen isn't threatening to me
>kill off animar, sliver queen player decides to exile my sharuum at the behest of the olorofag
>next turn olorofag dumps his entire hand and gets the sword of the meek/time sieve combo

I don't know whether I'm mad or not but I fucking hate idiots who play this bullshit. Time for a 3 month break
>>
>>50534862
food chain tazri isn't ___fun___ though
>>
>>50535184
from pain springs enlightenment, young one
>>
File: 68.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Yidris Piracy
Yes/No?
>>
>>50535309
Fuck off chaosfag
>>
>>50535184
If quick combos are a thing in your meta then you gotta run your counterspells and split seconds, simple as that.
>>
>>50535428
>>If quick combos are a thing in your meta then you gotta run your counterspells and split seconds, simple as that.

the problem with combo metas is that you'll be holding 1 or 2 anti-combo cards but you'll have 3 combo players to worry about. disrupt one, and you'll just put yourself and that player behind. the other two opponents will be in a better position. the best way to deal with fast combos in a meta is to play even faster combos, which makes games even worse
>>
File: 1480822882310874.png (293KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1480822882310874.png
293KB, 375x523px
This is my dream commander. Thinking of doing proxying it up.

Critique?
>>
>>50535470
Custom cards aren't welcome here. Also your syntaxis wrong in multiple spots.
>>
>>50535461
>its your fault the other player messed with someone else over the person who combo'd
>>
>>50535470
i have major disgust for blue flicker autism so my opinion may be biased:

it's brago 2.0 that can protect itself from spot removal and board wipes at instant speed. it also has spell recursion and creature removal stuck to it for some reason. overall your card seems overdesigned and pretty op. you put him on a shitty body to compensate for his ridiculous abilities but that doesn't make him any less stupid crazy
>>
>>50535366
CLAMBASSADORS MOTHERFUCKER!!
>>
>>50535508
idk how you derived that insinuation from my post
>>
>>50533422
Aven Mindcensor, Containment Priest, maybe Sanctum Prelate are all good. Where are your elves for the ramp, pilgrim of avacyn, elves of deep shadow? At least have one combo win if you want to be competitive, you're in great colors for that.
>>
>>50535461
Well, of course if you play at a competitive table, combos will do well in a multiplayer format with 40 life. If this is your meta then you'll just have to give in or find another one.

Generally, though, things aren't as bad as people complain. Your scenario involves combos being completed at the same time; otherwise you can kneecap one combo, then draw a few combos and establish more board position before another becomes a threat. You also make it sound as if you're the only player with decent threat assessment and are not trusting the other players to stop combos as they pop up.
>>
>>50535470
get out
>>
>>50535806
Draw a few cards, rather.
>>
>>50535470

This is stupidly broken, like your brain
>>
File: IMG_1536.jpg (99KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
99KB, 265x370px
How do you guys brew him? I've been thinking of piloting him since SOI spoilers, but I don't quite know how.
>>
>>50535999

Edhrec can help you

Gitrog is basically a combo commander but lots of his combos are not quite infinite but rather just a lot of recurring value over time, if you prefer not to run infinite combos

You want to take advantage of his last ability here, drawing lots of cards with free discard outlets like putrid imp to which you feed lands, and free land sac outlets like constant mists and Zuran orb

A lot of people run crucible because it's so good with just gitrog in play, upkeep you sac a land and draw a card, then you replay the land you sac'd + another one and stay ahead on lands

A common way that people win with gitrog is set up putrid imp (or wild mongrel, etc) + dakmor salvage + gitrog to dredge most of their library, then use worm harvest to make a million tokens

Another card popular in gitrog is the new splendid reclamation
>>
>>50535470
>dream commander takes the meaning of balance and snaps it in half over its knee
Get out and never return
>>
>>50535470
>Gary Stu, Imperial Magister
>>
>>50536102
Pretty much this, but I don't really agree no-profit discard outlets are worth it because endstep does it for free.
>>
>>50536262

So you're saying you can just combo off during cleanup step by discarding dakmor salvage and dredging it repeatedly? Or just generally relying purely on having lots of cards in hand due to gitrog and discarding lands to draw that way?

I've seen a gitrog deck that was valuing really hard with wild mongrel, do you think that's not a good way to go about it?
>>
>>50536262
It's often not no-profit if you're replacing the worst card in your hand with a new one.
>>
>>50536304
Well if you know how cleanup step works.

>cleanup 8 cards in hand
>discard down to 7
>land gets put into graveyard, trigger gets put on stack
>draw a card
>repeat cleanup since you have again 8 cards in hand...
Dakmor Salvage helps of course, but as long as you keep drawing and discarding lands you can keep going.
>>
>>50536333

Right I get that

I'm asking if you think it's better to rely entirely on that and have nothing in your deck that's there purely to discard lands
>>
>>50535470
this does waaayyy too much. with those abilities, it would only be okay if it was like an 0/1 that costed like 4WWUUBB (as in nearly uncastable) because it is stupid overpowered while also being clunky as fuck. not elegant design, not flavourful, not anything good.

do not run this, do not run any custom cards.
>>
File: doomsday.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
Which do I build for next week, lads?

>URBG wheel chain deck feat. Kydele
>endgame is to stick a Mycosynth Lattice and gen a ton of easily convertible mana with wheels and artifact untappers
>chain into any number of wincons

>BUG land combo feat. Thrasios
>endgame is to stick training grounds and either heartstone or lotus cobra
>chain into the 55+ lands in the deck
>amulet of vigor to take advantage of bounce lands
>squandered resources and splendid reclamation
>cofferborg to generate massive value
>easy lab maniac x doomsday finish
>>
>>50536396

Both sound cool, just brainstorm both and pick the one that looks more consistent and smooth
>>
>>50534913
>Wort
Aw man that one looks fun. Bigass Fireballs and token bumrush could be a good time
>>
File: 1433464989957.jpg (183KB, 819x633px) Image search: [Google]
1433464989957.jpg
183KB, 819x633px
>>50536360
I wasn't saying you shouldn't have any discard outlets. I was saying I don't really agree with the free discard outlets where you get no value in return since endstep does that job without needing the card slots and having to find the cards. Only benefit is having the train going on your mainphase or at instant speed, which I think is perfectly tenable.

Now, for example Raven's Crime is more like the additional discard outlets I would consider.
>>
How many lands in a deck are necessary to justify running Burgeoning? I've seen it run in decks like Omnath, Gitrog, and Child of Alara which focus heavily on land. But my Atraxa deck is looking at 40 lands (I usually run 34-38 depending on the average CMC) with more slow lands than I am usually comfortable with and I am wondering if it would be a nice early-game play.
>>
>>50536508

Oh okay I gotcha

I think Skirge familiar is popular
>>
>>50525238
>still missing the point
Scrambleverse, Warp World, Whims of Fate, Chaos Warp and the like are all exactly how design wanted Red to answer enchantments you bringing up a brown way to take care of it proves you aren't understanding the argument
>>
File: 1465529313398.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1465529313398.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>50535470
It's pretty bad but here's a few suggestions to make it less broken:
-Scrap the leave the battlefield trigger. It seems to not have a purpose outside of just being OP.
-the Ghostway stapled to it is just OP. If you have them enter play tapped and also have the ability force you to discard a card as an added cost, that might be a bit better.
-You could, instead of bringing the spell to hand, exile it with your commander and pay a cost (like sacrificing a non-token creature) to cast it. suggesting that the skulls in the image are from the human-ish catalysts for his spells.

It looks like you're really focused on a flicker commander but the black identity just seemed to be there so you can play Esper spellslinger with it.

If you want a spellslinger commander, try something with counters. An example:
"Whenever an instant or sorcery you control causes another creature to leave the battlefield, [this] gets an Omen Counter. Remove 3 Omen Counters from [this], WUB: You may cast target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard this turn without paying its mana cost. If you do, Exile it. Activate this ability only once each turn."
-It rewards you for doing different things with spells (Flicker, Control, Bouncing, Kill Spells)
-It's ability requires some start up which allows your opponents a chance to kill it.
-It has a vulnerability which other colors can deal with.
>>
How to close out games with Derevi Stax?
>>
File: DIDNEY WORL.jpg (34KB, 472x340px) Image search: [Google]
DIDNEY WORL.jpg
34KB, 472x340px
Would you cry foul and whine about lolrandumb upon casting Warp World in Wort deck where it's a major part of the gameplan and planning to get massive value out of it?
>>
>>50535470
This post goes to show that shitters have no concept of balance and are responsible for the format being in such an awful state of degeneracy.
>>
>>50536714
it's no worse than a board wipe. it doesn't even take that long to resolve unlike scrambleverse

>>50536713
play your turns out real slow and flick your cards a lot

if your group doesn't scoop and kick you out by your 3rd solitaire turn then they deserve to win
>>
>>50536714
the only people that hate Warp World are the exact people the card was designed to hose
>>
anybody know a good song i can use for the name of my Gonti deck its mostly flicker sac and reanimate for etb triggers
>>
>>50536905
i went on youtube for ideas and picked the first song in my recommendations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrGMHhnqrw
>>
File: microsoft-solitaire-windows-3.jpg (70KB, 630x456px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-solitaire-windows-3.jpg
70KB, 630x456px
>>50536713

Close the window then feed your cats and blog about how lonely you are without any friends.
>>
>>50536905
>>50536950
>sac and reanimate

"Buried underground
But I'll keep coming"

like pottery
>>
>jump into multiplayer match with my Thada Adel
>some guy is playing Breya, Etherium Shaper
>free artifacts
>attack them when Thada comes off summoning sickness and take a Gilded Lotus for mana
>"hurr you should have taken boots" nah I'm fine with this
>swing at them my next turn and they insta ragequit
>everyone just laughs at them and how salty they are in chat
>>
breya is honestly such a bullshit commander
>>
>>50537172

Literally fecal matter
>>
>>50537172
>>50537185
she seems like the epitome of a greedy combo commander. everyone who plays her seems to just put in a bunch of expensive artifacts, then durdle around while being ignored for most of the game while others are playing and then possibly win with some dumb combo

i could be wrong tho
>>
>>50533419
Theme song for my karador deck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrGMHhnqrw
and theme song for breya deck (mostly because the song is ridiculous and how long my turns can take with that deck)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbwDKtnKkbc
>>
>>50536792
Scrambleverse doesn't take that long to resolve unlike Thieves' Auction
>>
A friend of mine gave me Saskia Sealed deck

I've tried to upgrade it into something good.

I can't

I have full Rakdos. Xenagos. Kalemne. Horde of Notions. decks
>>
>>50537172
>>50537185
>>50537278
She's combo on a stick. I made her a hard combo control commander and it's pretty true that I durdle and board wipe until I win with some infinite combo like Magosi take turns or sharuum bitter ordeal
>>
File: 1457714256332.gif (1MB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1457714256332.gif
1MB, 330x330px
>>50538044
I'm going awakening infect and life shenanigans.

but it won't be good.
>>
>>50538051
>bitter ordeal
can someone explain to me why people run this card. yes, if you have an infinite sac engine you can exil everybody's libraries. but if you can't get the combo off, then it feels like a dead draw almost?
>>
File: 1480723957361.jpg (35KB, 482x309px) Image search: [Google]
1480723957361.jpg
35KB, 482x309px
>>50537278
As A Person who has breya artifact shennanigins I am guilty of that

Now EDH General I need some help deciding which commander to brew next. I currently am brewing colorless Kozzilek distortion but that has been on backburner for a while. I currently have no true black commander decks and need recommendations. Currently looking at Kukusho Evening star but have no idea what I am doing when it comes to black and am open to suggestions.
>>
>>50535999
Gitrog player here, played him in EDH tourneys at my local shop and actually one a few, here's some tips.

>play an abnormally large amount of lands (40-45)
>dredge is your friend. Life from the Loam and Dakmor Salvage are auto includes, but GGT and Stinkweed Imp are also pretty good
>sudden reclemation plus Amulet of Vigor late game is just gravy
>Oblivion Crown on Gitrog is an amazing win con
>Expect Gitrog to die fast and often if your meta gets to know him. Prevent this with Greaves/Asceticism.
>Play OG Ulamog/Kozilek in order to safely wheel through your entire deck with aforementioned dredge cards.
>>
File: 91Dka8qnwNL._SL1500_.jpg (253KB, 1500x935px) Image search: [Google]
91Dka8qnwNL._SL1500_.jpg
253KB, 1500x935px
what're you buying your group, /edhg/?
>>
>>50538089
Besides the infinite I occasionally run into it and wipe out win cons I know are around. My breya game has a lot of sac in it so I can hit 3 other combo pieces pretty frequently.
>>
>>50538120
for Christmas, that is
>>
File: 1480441927435.gif (633KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480441927435.gif
633KB, 500x300px
>>50538120
those are nice where can I get some
>>
>>50538120
Those are quiet nice where did you get those?
>>
>>50538097
oh also forgot to mention the decks i have
>Niv Mizzet Fire Minded Storm Card Draw good stuff
>Sliver's with overlord as pilot
>Phelddagrif Grouphug
>Breya Artifact Shennanigans
>Freyalise Mono green Stompy

Retired
>Karametra landfall
>Atraxa superfriends (became to tryhard/meren like for my taste)
>Momor Vig GB Goodstuff and deadeye shenanigans
>>
File: 133.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50538113
>>Expect Gitrog to die fast and often if your meta gets to know him. Prevent this with Greaves/Asceticism.
Shamefur dispray.
>>
>>50538120
>Counters for Countera
>Loyalty up to a reasonable amount
>Tarmogoyf

Oooooo.wav
>>
>>50537278
I like faking with large artifacts that are neat (at least to me, like inkwell levianthan) and then ramp up a cloud of thopters out of nowhere and kill someone.
>>
File: 1381520696654.jpg (21KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
1381520696654.jpg
21KB, 320x256px
>>50536560
>>
>>50535470
>Two profession types, no race type
Stopped reading there.
Fuck off with that garbage.
>>
>>50538120
One of my friends has a Kaalia deck he's been building but no Kaalia.

The deck means a lot to him for a very long personal reason, so I'm going to buy him the commander because he's such a good guy.
>>
File: C16_Altraxa-Praetors-Voice.jpg (68KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
C16_Altraxa-Praetors-Voice.jpg
68KB, 768x432px
help me decide on a build. currently leaning in the direction of enchantments with voltron and helix pinnacle wincons. but so many fucking counters. do i try to fit infect in? kaladesh?
>>
>>50538879

I am in the same conundrum. I want to do her as more enchantment/voltron heavy but there are just so many options and so much flexibility I can't narrow it down to a good, cohesive 100. I do know that Jitte is an auto-include as multiple proliferate triggers can turn it very nasty, very fast. I also included Civic Saber and Conqueror's Flail as they are both ways to make her extra powerful, extra fast.

The only infect I have are Phyresis and Tainted Strike (which I can use as opponents swing at each-other). I have Corrupted Conscience and Glistening Oil as "maybe" material. I included Sigarda's Aid as it is a must-have for any equipment or aura deck.

From Kaladesh, the only thing I have is Aether Hub as a useful any-color land. Rashmi is another maybeboard choice as I can sort-of cascade things.
>>
I love almost everything about this card. The name, the art, the flavor text, its low cost. The only thing I dislike about it is what it actually does. It doesn't seem good enough to make the 99 of a Jund deck, much less command its own. Am I wrong here? Is there a way to make The Murder King at least decent? Or is he just a big waste of potential?
>>
>>50535470
>>50538697
And it's not even Legendary.
>>
>>50538999
He's pretty trash in most respects, but I've heard stories of people getting good use out of him. How to accomplish this, I have no idea.
>>
>>50538999
he would be infinitely better if his casting cost had G
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saskia-the-token-mama/

The manabase probably needs some work, but I also think the numbers on the side are skewed a bit because of hybrid mana.

Thoughts on the basic idea? Any simple upgrades aside from the aforementioned token doublers.

Iona is just in there for fun since one of my friends absolutely hates it. I know she doesn't really fit.
>>
>>50538999
He's great in tiny leaders :^)
>>
>>50538879
That's a really weak configuration; Atraxa can be a Voltron, but she lacks built in protection and access to red's double strike and bonus attack steps. If you don't want to play superfriend stax or can't afford to I would consider just building a fair deck that uses the proliferate triggers to snowball. Darksteel Reactor and infect creatures can provide inevitability if you think you need it, but so does a Sun's Champion or Apex Predator.
>>
>>50539056
Right? I feel like that at least makes him a second string Jund commander, but he just seems like garbage as is. His ability can only target players, so he doesn't even have THAT little bit of utility. The second ability might be a bit more attractive on a more expensive Commander where, at a certain point, casting him from the cz becomes untenable, but he's so cheap that it really makes no odds.

I honestly think I'd run Lyzolda before him. Such a shame. How can someone called THE MURDER KING be so lame?
>>
>>50538999
Unfortunately he's got a fairly low power ceiling compared to some of the other commanders. However if you do like him and want him to be your commander then go right ahead, you can make just about anything work in more casual/lower powered games.

I would say the best possible uses/strategies for him is a Voltron commander that will always cost 2 cmc no matter how many times he's killed. Or him being a sacrifice outlet that will always be around. Also some tech to consider with him, give him infect and he could take someone out with hist first ability.
>>
File: Meren of Clan Nel Toth.jpg (265KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Meren of Clan Nel Toth.jpg
265KB, 750x450px
Recently took apart Ghost Council after they were lynched by Gallows at Willow Hill and used the black part as a base for this list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/arise-minions/

I'm having a lot of fun with it, any Meren players out there willing to critique?
>>
>>50539108

>access to red's double strike

Silverblade Paladin, Duelist's Heritage, Battle Mastery. My Sigarda never leaves home without them.
>>
>>50538097
Investors are the real cancer killing magic, and we just saw the guy who wanted to play Esper Fuck Everyone Else, Balance, and the World
>>
>>50539088
I feel like it's easier to give you my list then throw a bunch of edits at you. Budget suggestions or power?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fires-of-yavinaya-1/
>>
>>50538044
make it all infect creatures and play combat bullshit like xenagod, iroas, and beastmaster ascension
>>
>>50539189
I do like Heritage, but no red means no Runes of the Deus or Sunhome, which are IMO the best double strike effects in the format. I would run True Conviction before Silverblade or Mastery. The bonus attack steps are the bigger loss, since you can go infinite by combining them with a mana untapper.
>>
>>50539195
Budget, mostly. I've got most of the power options lined up from my knowledge of Rhys the Redeemed.
>>
File: Scrambleverse_M12.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Scrambleverse_M12.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
So, how the fuck do you actually DO scrambleverse?
Random number generator or something?
>>
File: 1439215036674.jpg (154KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1439215036674.jpg
154KB, 500x750px
>>50539180
Quick look, just throwing some things up.

I would cut:
>Diligent Farmhand
>Arbor Elf
>Dawn of the Dead
>Culling Dais
>Orbs of Warding
>Viridian Zealot
>Wildest Dreams
>Krosan Tusker
>Phyrexian Arena
>Triumph of the Hordes

Would add:
>Oversold Cemetery
>Viridian Emissary
>Yavimaya Elder
>Null Baloth
>Caustic Caterpillar
>Conclave Naturalists
>Stinkweed Imp
>Harvester of Souls
>Soul of the Harvest
>Skullmulcher
>Skullwinder
>Greenwarden of Murasa
>>
File: Image (89).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (89).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50539250
>best double strike effects in the format
anon, I
>>
>>50539371
roll a die for each nonland permanent?
it's fine unless you have an unreasonable amount of people.
>>
>>50539371
assign a side of a die to each player, if you have 5 people just reroll on a 6

every fa/t g/uy should have a d4 laying around
>>
>>50539409
I'm an idiot,of course a d4 would be perfect.

Thanks man.
>>
>>50539250

Not the original guy, but I am referencing Rafiq decks for my Atraxa. Many Rafiqs have done the Bant voltron/infect route and this is just that + access to black. True Atraxa herself doesn't give the double strike + exalted, but she does still have four very useful keywords and enables some shenanigans with proliferate.
>>
>>50539150
Those are some good ideas. You've got a really positive way of looking at a commander like this.
>>
File: Korlash, Heir to Blackblade_FUT.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Korlash, Heir to Blackblade_FUT.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
Best way to make this work
>>
>>50539605
Don't.
>>
>>50539663
This guy has your answer.>>50539605
>>
File: Omnath_Locus_of_Mana.png (86KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Omnath_Locus_of_Mana.png
86KB, 375x523px
>>50533419

Omnath, Locus of Mana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5xVTkyOq28
>>
>>50539605
I think people just got lots of swamps and regenerate him
>>
>>50538999
Actually, has anyone considered making him Zombie/Warrior tribal?
Because there are solid black recurring zombies, warriors, and goblins, and throwing them all together in a low cost pile might be half decent.
>>
>>50539390
Good in a swarm strategy but it only lasts for one turn, which can be problematic in Voltron.

>>50539486
Built in double strike is huge though. Atraxa's built ins are nice, but none of them add any damage and Voltron decks need to count to 21 in 1-2 swings. Black is powerful in general, but adds very little in terms of Voltron pieces. Commander damage is a good secondary wincon, but I wouldn't go full Voltron with her.
>>
File: mylove.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mylove.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
>>50539704
the best voltron commanders come with double strike
>>
File: 1433380415463.jpg (278KB, 650x717px) Image search: [Google]
1433380415463.jpg
278KB, 650x717px
I'm quite disappointed by the partner commanders.

None of them seem to do that much and they're hard to find coherent strategies for.

Show me an interesting list.
>>
File: Screenshot_842.png (1MB, 970x577px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_842.png
1MB, 970x577px
>>50533419

yee

https://youtu.be/lI7_W5FVuyY
>>
>>50539704
Narset has a way of finding more than the average number of turns per turn.
>>
alright help me make 14 cuts
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/doran-the-siege-tower-competitive-midrange/
>>
>>50539740
I played against bruse and tana.

Holy fuck they went off together. Fun deck to play against. Dont have the list though
>>
>>50539826
Bruse is one of my favorites. He works well with pretty much anything.
>>
>>50539824
cut doran
>>
>>50539847
cut yourself
>>
Can you regenerate in response to a kill spell or board wipe?
>>
>>50539816
Setting aside the issue of whether Narset is Voltron at all, her 99 and play lines are very different than any of the other Voltrons.

>>50539824
K Grip, Bloodghast, Bloodsoaked, Beacon Hawk, Honor Guard, behind the scenes, assault formation
>>
>>50535470
Congratulations, I never thought I'd ever need to say this since I am able to tolerate custom card discussion in $$$ General, but seriously fuck off.
>>
>>50535470
Wait, people actually make fake cards?

To USE? In an actual game?

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>50539740
I have an Akiri + Kraum dual voltron and a few Reyhan configurations I'm toying with. You really just have to find a way to play ONE partner you like, then fiddle around with the others for color.

I don't see partner as a mechanic that says "hey, you can have two commanders that synergize with eachother!", but rather just a way to add more colors to a single strategy. It's unfortunate on Wizards' part, but I'll take it.
>>
>>50539910
yes, the final moment you can regenerate is before the effect that would cause the card to be destroyed actually applies.
ie
"doom blade targeting ancient silverback"
"in response, regenerate"
>>
>>50539847
Doran is a pretty shit commander. But good is casual play I guess. Makes things interesting.
>>
What's some good, secret shit for Vela the night-clad? Already got ninjas, some choice eldrazi, a blade of selves, and rite of rep. Any other fun stuff to throw in there?
>>
File: image.jpg (992KB, 1800x985px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
992KB, 1800x985px
I like horses. Which commander lets me incorporate the most horses? Which tribe rides them the most?
>>
>>50540336
Sun Quan.
>>
>>50539322
Ajani Goldmane, True Conviction, Triumph of the Hordes, Gavony Township, Vault of the Archangel, Thunderfoot Baloth, Martial Coup, Elspeth Sun's Champion
>>
So with Ashling the Pilgrim's ability where on the third time this turn, am I right to assume the turn last the whole say 4 players in multiplayer? So if I activated it once on each other players turn, she'd blow up by the third opponent?
>>
>>50540426
Nope, a turn is from the beginning of a player's untap step to the end of their cleanup step.
What you're referring to is sometimes called a Round.
>>
>>50540426
>>50540432
So you could activate Ashling's ability twice on your turn, twice on the next player's turn, and so on and so forth.
>>
>>50540432
oh awkward.
>>
>>50540336

Humans ride horses
>>
>>50538097
>Currently looking at Kukusho Evening star but have no idea what I am doing when it comes to black and am open to suggestions.

you basically just run a big old recur engine that shits on everyone. mana doublers and tutors as support.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lifedrain-lifegain-lifepain/

there's my list if you want one. deliberately left out infinite combos since i don't like them. i get compliments on the synergies on xmage. also my real playgroup is like "wtf i hate monoblack now" and wants to ban kokusho as a commander
>>
File: 130.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
130.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
How do you guys feel about color hosing?
>>
File: JP_4.jpg (31KB, 453x334px) Image search: [Google]
JP_4.jpg
31KB, 453x334px
You forgot something.
>>
>>50540673

Not a fan at all, don't like to have dead cards in a lot of matchups and I also don't like to win through very unlikely sequences that happen to be overpowered in that specific situation, I prefer to win through consistent advantage gained over time

When somebody shows they are willing to put color hate in a given deck, then I don't play my decks that are vulnerable to that stuff against them, so in that sense, color hate may do what you desire which is to not play against my mono blue deck
>>
File: 1419995081795.gif (2MB, 374x354px) Image search: [Google]
1419995081795.gif
2MB, 374x354px
>tfw you realize that there's nothing you can do anymore but be the king maker
>>
What tribal builds are the most resilient and ~fun~? I basically want to do a tribal deck next but I'm having trouble picking what tribe to build

Here are my thoughts on some tribes, correct me if i'm wrong

goblins
>aesthetically and thematically my absolute favorite but having played krenko before, very vulnerable to board wipes and generally being gassed out

zombies
>would otherwise be great but just built monoblack and a zombie tribal would be at least 85% black cards

elves
>elves are gay

slivers
>i'm not made of money

hoomans/soldiers
>could be interesting, but not sure what to do with them
>also lmao boros and lmao monowhite

wizards
>what the fuck wotc what were you thinking with azami
>too degenerate
>>
>>50535470
>mtg cardsmith
>not legendary
>wizard advisor
>whenever
>no comma after 'if you do'
>each creature
>2W for repeated removal and graveyard returns plus every other ETB effect on your side of the board
>no flavor
it's terrible
did you get chased out of /ccg/ for being so terrible and thought you could come here instead?
>>
Alright I brewed Sidar+Silas doublestriking ninjas, seems ok-good.
But give me some really janky ideas. I mean g/w storm dumb or mono red lifegain dumb
>>50541407
Morph tribal maybe? Also wizards is good, they have quite a lot of synergy amongst each other.
Otherwise bird tribal
>>
>>50541407
You don't have to play degenerate wizards.

Could also play werewolves/wolves. I once ran a werewolf deck and there was a vampire deck in the playgroup. The other two players wound up picking sides and doing what they could to ensure their side won. Was pretty fun.
>>
Just wanted to share the pauper deck I just put together with this guy as the commander. I thought it would be great to make a blue voltron deck, so I tried as best as I could to do unblockable too since its in blue. Anyways if let me know what you think.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/take-cards-and-damage/
>>
>>50541407
do wb zombies with daxos at the helm. it's stupid, has a tonne of recursion, white covers blacks weak spots (not enchant/artifact removal)

if you want to be a little less stupid, you could do bg zombocoms with jarad at the helm.

if you want something super stupid and ridiculous, check out this list I have for a scarecrow deck. I dont know if I'd really call it tribal, but it's ~fun~ at least. I haven't updated the list in a while, I am now more experienced and there are also more options available for the deck now, but its a good starting point for what fun and stupid tribal decks look like (to me at least) http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mr-wadsworth/
>>
>>50541543
Some cards that take advantage of always having something in hand you could use: Dreamscape Artist, Ghostly Wings, Rites of Refusal, Trickster Mage and Waterfront Bouncer.

Apart from that, nice idea
>>
File: 87.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>50541407
You can do pretty much everything with hoomans, since there's a fuckload of them in every color. It doesn't have to be weenie rush stuff.
>>
>>50541407
I play U/W Tribal Birds and it's pretty sweet. Doesn't win too often once people start sweeping the board but it always surprises people when I attack for 15+ with just a few 1/1s
>>
File: 151.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50541407
Clerics need some love.
>>
>>50541603
I know I have a Dreamscape Artist and Ghostly Wings, so I am going to put those in for sure. Wish I had a Rites of Refusal, that card looks fun. Thanks for the suggestions m8.
>>
File: SevenDollars.jpg (132KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
SevenDollars.jpg
132KB, 464x664px
Care to explain, Niggers?
>>
>>50541662
>ayli clerics
ayli is a good cleric, but not best suited for the role of cleric commander. That would probably be ravos or tymna. Either partnered together or with someone else to get access to some of the clerics in other colours. adding red or blue adds cool options. I would probably go ravos and kraum (kraum only for the colours, and maybe a mid/late game value engine or hasty beater if I start fallin behind)
>>
>>50541680
One printing, useful in EDH and attracts casuals I guess.

Or buyouts, it's always buyouts.
>>
>>50541680
everyone is building atraxa right now. She is the most sought after of c16. I've seen a lot more breya discussion here, but atraxa is far and away everyone else's favourite. and getting extra prolifs as well as giving -1/-1 counters to prolif is pretty sweet.
>>
>>50541680
Atraxa
It will settle down again.
>>
>>50541662
I have a cleric tribal with Ayli. It's super fun to play in casual games.
>>
>>50541680
Even better on mkm. French, italian and spanish cost 2€ or even less. English version starts at 4€. German starts at 4€ as well, but has far fewer sellers.
>>
>>50541741
what are the synergies in a cleric tribal? id theorycraft myseld but im phoneposting
>>
File: WorstCard.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
WorstCard.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>Tfw switching my first EDH Deck, Phenax, to Lazav

Phenax got a bit stale and lame. Since I have six decks now Phenax has good through too many changes and is a bit of a toss up. Lazav seems much more fun and fitting for my meta.

Anyone have any good secret tech or lists/primers for Lazav?

Here is my link:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazav-clone-wars-2/?cat=type&sort=
>>
>>50541795
Lifegain and damage prevention basically. Also some niche effects.
>>
>>50541810
ok that doesnt sound fun at all

i think i might take my monoblack apart and use the staples to build that zombo tribal and use the recur parts to build an ayli recur deck. people say ayli is weak but my monoblack recur 99 is so strong that i reckon i can make it work
>>
>Crysaline Crawler
>Reyhan
>Deadeye

>blink Reyhan
>replacement effect to command zone
>put 3 counters on Crawler
>remove 2 counters for mana
>repeat
>draw library with Thrasios
>>
>>50541868
commander tax
>>
>>50541868
That's probably better with Ashnod's Altar and Deathmantle in place of Deadeye
>>
>>50532865
>Too many combos
That's not Marath.
>>
>>50541889
>i have no idea how blinking works

>>50541903

That works, too, actually. Took me a second.
>>
>>50541795
Lifegain and lifeloss, basically. I've found that Reassembling Skeleton, Smothering Abomination, Dark Prophecy, Harvester of Souls and Deathrender are absolute powerhouses.
>>
>>50541915
>i have no idea how blinking works
But that's not blinking since you're putting Reyhan on Command ZOne. Or is that one of those weird rule situations?
>>
>>50541868
>>50541889
You're both wrong you stupid cucks. Go ahead, command zone him all you like, Deadeye says he returns to the battlefield.
>>
>>50541926
It's a replacement effect, which means instead of going to Exile, Reyhan goes to the command zone. DEN doesn't care where she goes, but it will bring her back regardless.

>>50541936

How am I wrong when you've just said what I said? Reyhan hitting the command zone from the blink triggers her own ability.
>>
>>50541915
>I have no idea how commander tax works
>>
>>50541936
>>50541950
>You can return it to the command zone instead of exile, but the effect will still find it there and return it to the battlefield as normal.
Damn weird game. Any way to abuse this on other decks?
>>
>>50541950
Oh you were right then, you cuck.
>>
>>50541956

You're not fucking recasting the command you moron.

>>50541959

When you blink any commander, you have the option to command zone it, but it has never mattered until Reyhan because she triggers on hitting the command zone.

>>50541966

That's a dirty word
>>
>mfw I explain to the newzuri player that he gets experience when the 2 power creature enters the battlefield and not just casting them

I know he already picked up an Avenger of Zendikar, Mycoloth and Hooded Hydra.

Any similar creatures or spells I should be on the look out for?
>>
>>50541979
Oh right. I would like to see that proven.
I know that It That Betrays works like that, but yeah Reyhan is really unique that way that ut interacts with zoning.
Still, got any rules reference or rulings on that?
>>
>>50542053

http://boardgames.stackexchange.com/questions/13538/flickering-a-commander
>>
>>50542029
Sprout Swarm is dank
>>
>>50542053
>I know that It That Betrays works like that
>mfw I just realized I forgot to pick up one for my Animar in my Christmas self-gift
WELL BOLLOCKS

>>50542029
Does he have sac outlets? Maybe Caller of the Claw then.
>>
>>50542053

Also from the man himself

http://www.dragonhighlander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=125514&sid=ab4ad0b032b5d40720a5f6cf99fa4920#p125514
>>
>>50542082
strange that it works that way
Though I'd rather play a 2 card combo that doesnt require the commanders
>>
>>50542095

It's Deadeye. Pick literally anything. It just also happens to interact retardedly with Reyhan
>>
File: 325[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
325[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50541795
Lifegain and sacrifice effects like the other anons said. I use pic related + Daru Spiritualist + Lightning Greaves to gain infinite life, or Enduring Renewal + Zulaport Cutthroat/Blood Artist + Edgewalker + any 1cmc cleric to kill every opponent. Or Endless One, because Ayli also has Eldrazi tribal. Grave Pact and Butcher of Malakir are pretty great too.

I can also exile creatures with Fiend Hunter or Banisher Priest and then stick them in the GY with a few of the Eldrazi processors
>>
>>50542266
I haven't figured out a surefire way to make the clerics xbox huge so I can abuse the land's third ability, but I have killed a guy by sacrificing a bunch of goats to a Fallen Ideal and then flinging the cleric at him
>>
>>50540673
if no one is playing blue its useless. would rather play something like blood moon instead
>>
>>50541807
Jace, Unraveler of Secrets doesn't seem to fit much. Probably a low drop enchantment or artifact for more small and early mill would be good.

Hedron Crab or maybe Riddlekeeper but there are a few enchantments that do similar things.
>>
>>50541407
>Dumb elf opinions
And this is why you fail.
>>
>>50542853
>t. elf apologist
>>
>>50542853
sorry but Elves suck. You basically scream "board wipe me senpai" as soon as you break them out.
>>
File: 1467057829344.gif (1MB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1467057829344.gif
1MB, 250x191px
>>50541680
>7 DOLLARYDOOS
>I got a playset of these

Time to hit the LGS
>>
>>50542911
>You basically scream "board wipe me senpai"
this
>>
>>50541807
>No Lightning Boots
>No Swiftfoot Boots

Cut the new Jace and slide at least one of those in.
>>
File: sliverqueen.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sliverqueen.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Got this guy and Hivelord for my birthday
What kind of meme magic commander deck can I spin with them
>>
>>50543161
gotta get some mana echoes
>>
>>50543176
is mana echoes, training ground, purphoros a good way to go
>>
>>50543199
y do you need training ground
>>
>>50543213
because it makes sliver queen go infinite with many other cards like Earthcraft and Phyrexian Altar without having mana echoes in play.
>>
>>50543213
only 1 to put a token on, combos well with purphoros, infinite mana with ashnods altar and basal sliver
>>
File: 449.jpg (43KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
449.jpg
43KB, 300x339px
>>50541680
>The only one I have of these is damaged as fuck
>MFW I remember how I damaged it
>>
>>50543520
What happened
>>
File: fifty cents.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
fifty cents.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
How do you feel about damaged or heavily played cards?

Do you use them? What are your thoughts?
>>
>>50543538
I accidentally rolled on top of it with my desk chair

Didn't think too much about it at the time since I was still new to magic.

Same thing happened with my Tezzeret and Karn
>>
>>50540336
Jund.

So maybe Kress or something. Gives you access to most horses.
>>
>>50543569
Jesus, not you again.
>Do you use them? What are your thoughts?
Use them, but find a replacement ASAP.
>>
>>50543569
I use them because the shitcunts on MCM keep listing cards as near mint then they turn up heavily scuffed. A few days ago some Polish twat messaged me after I ordered, saying the Lightning Bolt was a different set and actually LP/GD. That was it. No apology, no offer of refund, just an "I lied to you". Then when I pushed him for a partial refund, he refused to refund any of the Bolt, but would refund half postage, which worked out at more money. Like seriously.
>>
>>50543580
Holy canole batman

Post a pic of the damage
>>
>>50543588
Oh, that's not mine, I just saved the pic of it
>>
>tfw you play a jank commander and no one understands what your power cards are
Sek'Kuar is the tits. Emrakuls evangel, mazirek and sek'kuar is hilariously strong together, assuming you have a half decent board state. I just run a bunch of small creatures with token generation, and double down as soon as my commander comes out. If that doesn't work, Hamletback Goliath, hidestugu or all those fuckhuge hydras usually saves the day. Shout out to Phyrexian Plaugelord for being underrated as shit.
>>
File: IMG_20161205_111920.jpg (820KB, 1339x1385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161205_111920.jpg
820KB, 1339x1385px
>>50543596
Eh, looking for the other two is too much work right now
>>
>>50540605
so it has sac outlets similar to maren decks minus the green and the goodstuff in mono black that extort decks run? And it looks like it has a good amount of recursion. also thanks.
>>
>>50541407
Slivers actually arnt all to bad expensive wise there is only a handful that are more than a dollar. I picked up about 75% of the slivers for my deck out of the 50 cent bin at my lgs however the commanders/goodslivers all are a pretty penny and the mana base is either cheap but slow or good but expensive.

On the topic of humans mono white with old odric is a deck I used to run but got banned from playing because I either won most the time or killed everybody but one player.
>>
>>50543676
meh my possibility storm is bent down the middle vertical and horizontal because during a previous game somebody had a shitfit and the story makes me laugh so I keep my old bent copy.
>>
>>50543590
Jesus christ, what kind of sellers do you buy from?
>>
>>50540605
you just reminded me i need a myojin of nights reach for my gonti deck
>>
>>50543800
I don't doubt that second part. Original Odric is really fucking good. Choosing how people block is so extremely strong it's insane.
>>
>>50543800
it's more about the 5 color mana fix

it's great that wotc decided "more colors is always better but it's balanced because decent duals cost 20-200 bucks a pop"
>>
>>50533418
So, I keep looking up decks with Slobad and all I see are synergies, never combos. Is the win on always "forever indestructible" wurmcoil engines? Making all your threats indestructible when you resolve a jokulhaups? Why does a free sac outlet win games?
>>
>>50543800
>Sliver Queen
>$35

>Sliver Hivelord
>$9

>Sliver Overlord
>$11

I guess these were the ones he was talking about, not too bad overall though.
>>
>>50543960
Yeah, I usually win off indestructible jokulhaups, a mycosynth lattice + vandalblast or something similar.
>>
File: 1480956557583831.png (358KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1480956557583831.png
358KB, 375x523px
This is my dream commander.
Thinking of doing proxying it up.

Critique?
>>
>>50543986
dont forget the $35 legion
>>
File: The Reaper King.jpg (353KB, 1121x800px) Image search: [Google]
The Reaper King.jpg
353KB, 1121x800px
Lets do something fun, guys

What are the top 3 "cool" guy commanders?
Decks where you instant respect the player for building and running?

Adversely, what are the top 3 "that guy" decks, you instantly judge?
>>
>>50544414
that guy ones are obviously Oloro, Narset and Leovold
>>
>>50544414
Hating decks and not single blatantly overpowered cards is retarded. Would snake tribal with that UG bitch be cool? What if the deck also ran Tooth and Nail, Deadeye, Palinchron, and Consecrated Sphinx?
>>
>>50544414
Cool guy:
1) zirilian
2) chisea
3) starke

That guy:
1) derevi
2) prosh
3) oloro
>>
File: image.jpg (418KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418KB, 1280x1483px
>>50544414
Meren
Breya
Queen Marchesa
>>
>>50544474
The only way to build ug bitch is voltron infect
>>
>>50544414
Cool guys would be

Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
Horobi, Death's Wail
Kangee, Aerie Keeper

Shitters would be

Teferi, Temporal Archmage
Azami, Lady of Scrolls
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
>>
>>50544414
That guy: Leovold, Derevi, Narset

I don't really have a cool list, but I guess any rarely played commander would be on it.
>>
>Doubling Season is now +$50

will they ever reprint it?
>>
File: 141.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>50544747
Yes. In a From the Vault set. Also, they already did.
>>
>>50544747
Maro claims it's his favorite card that hes designed specifically because he wated it to be a thing, so you'd think that asshat would push for a few reprints. Theres no telling tho.
>>
File: 162.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>50544788
When he designed it, planeswalkers weren't a thing yet. There's a reason we got so many "functional" reprints, but not actual ones.
>>
>>50544103
This is my dream commander, thinking of proxying it up. Thoughts?

"Gi-ji, the finisher"
(1)R
Legendary creature - goblin jellyfish
0/1
When you cast Gi-ji, the finisher, you win the game.
>>
File: 2016-12-05 12.08.22.jpg (61KB, 809x265px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-05 12.08.22.jpg
61KB, 809x265px
is there any better feeling?
>>
>>50545068
Yes, by not needing constant attention by posting old watery memes.
Just like when your parents made you, memester bedwetter.
>>
I wanna build Prossh but not be "that guy". Is there anyway? I probably won't include Food Chain in it.

I just want a really good Jund commander that isn't Kresh. Shattergang is just too flimsy and that Orc dude is just overcosted.
>>
>>50545349
I invented this meme, it's not even a meme for me, I actually like the card
>>
>tfw found a foil scarred puma for $0.2 at your LGS and bought it
>owner and friends looking at you strangely
>"why the fuck would you want that card?"
>"N-no reason"
>think about memeposts on /edhg/
>>
>>50544853
>When he designed it, planeswalkers weren't a thing yet.
Not in print, no, but they were certainly a thing in concept. They were actually supposed to be in Ravnica if I recall correctly, but they weren't ready, so they shoehorned them into Ravnica.

>>50544788
>Maro claims it's his favorite card that hes designed specifically
It's almost as if he's a lucky hack who has no training in game design.
>>
>>50545487
I invented the 4chan meme why are you posting your stale memes on MY meme site? This is private Ryan terriory. So just go before I unleash my katana upon your lousy meme magic.
Your meme magic is red, I bet you play Scrambleverse too. My meme magic is factually superior, as is my intellectual intelligence, since my meme magic is black, just like your wife's son.
Just let me whip out the dankest of memes from the vintage meme cellar, and let the world fall to it's knees.. Anowon
>>
>>50542911

You scream "board wipe me now" because elves are so good you need to constantly wipe them so they don't get out of control
>>
File: Partners.png (263KB, 326x432px) Image search: [Google]
Partners.png
263KB, 326x432px
So this is just about the only partner combo I like because it has some decent synergy. My idea is to go wide with anthems. The problem is, it seems like a lot of the good effects in this range are relatively high CMC, so I'd wind up just sitting around doing nothing for a while.

Here's the basic breakdown as I'm envisioning it:

Green: Token generation/ramp
White: Anthems/token generation
Black: Draw
Red: Purphoros effects/Haste

I wanna try to stay away from +1/+1 counter shenanigans, because I already have a Ghave combo deck. I'd like this to be a pretty straight forward agro deck. Four color white weenie, basically. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: LOLthlorien.gif (1MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
LOLthlorien.gif
1MB, 460x258px
>>50542911
>He thinks elves have trouble coming back from a boardwipe
>>
does anyone have any lewd goblin tokens
>>
>>50540033
Why, hello there. Allow me to present you the Gateway to Hell
http://mtgcardsmith.com/
>>
>>50545681
When I think of Tana, I always think about pairing her with anything with White to give her a Swords package. The idea is to not really make her a voltron commander, but to use the Swords for utility purposes. You get triggers off the Swords, up to 4 Saprolings to use for various things, and have a nice board state afterwards. A popular pairing is her and Bruce Tarl, but the problem is that you can only properly give her Double Strike/Lifelink if she has Sword of Feast and Famine equipped. Otherwise you would have to cast Bruce then use 2 mana to equip a Sword of (Whatever gives Pro Red or White) which in my opinion is too many hoops to jump through.

With that said:

>Anything <= 4
Green: Cryptolith Rite will make your Sap's into mana. Earthbond if you have it.
White: Elspeth v.1, Stoneforge Mystic, Steelshaper's Gift
Black: Phyrexian Arena, Vampiric Rites,
Red: Impact Tremors, Goblin Bombardment
Artifacts: The Swords, Spawning Pit, Ashnod's Altar, Phyrexian Altar
Gold: Naya Charm, Master Warcraft

Aside from the obvious mana ramp in green/artifact, this would be my shell for the early game.
>>
>>50545933

Earthcraft you mean
>>
File: fourchandotfun.png (9KB, 530x105px) Image search: [Google]
fourchandotfun.png
9KB, 530x105px
>>50545867
>>
>>50545933
I always forget about Spawning Pit. Thanks for these.
>>
>>50545625
If you time your board wipe correctly, barring a nut draw they can't come back before you kill them.

>>50545736
Post your list, senpai. Let's see this reliable board wipe recovery. Unelss you do the stupid thing and don't run Ezuri as your commander, reliable mono-g board wipe recovery ain't there. Cauldron of Souls and Oran-Rief are the best you got.
>>
>>50546065
Planeswalker bitch is a legit option.
>>
>>50546065
>If you time your board wipe correctly
Remember kids, hindsight is 20/20!
>>
>>50546136

Freyalise? Nissa?
>>
>>50546176
Only 1 green planeswalker can be your commander, Anon.
>>
>>50546190

Ah, as commander. I was thinking about recovering from a boardwipe
>>
>>50546162
This isn't that hard to figure out. If they dump their hand like most elf players compulsively do, then wipe. If they don't then kill their commander and they are sitting on dorks. Elves are a gimmick outside of french commander.

>>50546136
Nissa or Freyalise? If anyone lets you get to 7 loyalty with Nissa they deserve to lose. I tore my eld deck apart before Freyalise but she's great when the deck is working.
>>
>>50546190
Giving up an on demand wincon to play more dorks doesn't seem like the best strat for elves. If you're gonna forego a wincon commander then might as well go Nath or new GU elf.
>>
>>50546245
Freyalise provides resiliency.
>>
File: 1475386585779.png (263KB, 434x357px) Image search: [Google]
1475386585779.png
263KB, 434x357px
>>50545681
This got me thinking: Why is there almost no synergy between any of the partners?

Like... Conceptualize any pair combined into one legendary creature. Are there any of them that wouldn't just be a confusing, directionless mess. At the very best there's already a commander that does what they do, but better.

I've noticed a disturbing trend with Commander, and maybe just Magic in general, recently. They are listening to the players TOO much. That is to say, they're putting out things people want, without bothering to make them good.

Ulrich: "People want a legendary werewolf for a Werewof Commander deck! He's a generic Gruul flip card that could really have been any creature type but is technically what you asked for!"

Ishkanah: "People (allegedly) want a Legendary Spider! Here's an under-curve five drop with one ability that's janky and has nothing to do with the themes of the tribe and another that's absurdly expensive for what it does! But it's technically what you asked for, so if you complain you're entitled!"

Four Color Commanders: "Alright, we've got 'Turn it sideways', 'Red Esper', 'Shotgun Grouphug', 'MW worked so why not', and 'Keyword Salad'. Oh shit, we have to make 10 more?! That sounds hard! Let's slap a new keyword on some penny rares we found behind a desk and call it a day."

And don't get me started on Ludevic, the Afterthought.

Wizards needs to learn that the people making the most noise are usually the dumbest. Make good cards. Design from the bottom up.
>>
>>50546374
>Why is there almost no synergy between any of the partners?
Because they were a poorly designed cop-out.
>>
>>50546303
What part of her gives you resiliency, exactly?
>>
>>50546065
>mono-g
There you go making assumptions. Best elves is BG.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/french-nath/

It's built for French right now, because that's mostly what I get the chance to play, but it's not that different from its multiplayer iteration.
>>
>>50546374
>design from the bottom up

That's what leads to fucking Ludevic though.

Legendaries SHOULD be designed top down
>>
>>50546521
She doesn't die to creature based boardwipes/removal.
>>
>>50546573
Bottom up leads to better design, though. The mistake with Luda is that they decided to tack his name onto a card that isn't poorly designed, but has nothing to do with the character.

Basically, bottom up design is better if you're not an idiot.

So... yeah, maybe you're right.
>>
>>50545531
They were supposed to be in Time Spiral, not Ravnica
>>
>>50546621
...okay? Neither does Darksteel Relic, and it doesn't do anything useful. She might not die to a Wrath, but a Wrath will undo all the times you ticked her up, will completely blank her ult, and leave her as an expensive Gleeful Sabotage.
>>
>>50546573
Bottom-up design is absolutely fine for Legendaries, they just need to be NEW ones.

I am 100% in favor of doing a bottom-up design, and then writing a character around it. Or doing a bottom-up design and going "oh shit, this would work great with ESTABLISHED LORE CHARACTER, let's make it him!". But this was literally them bottom-up designing some stupid U/R legend, remembering they committed to the Partners being 'existing lore characters', and half-heartedly slapped Ludevic's name on it.
>>
I'm playing a Breya deck but i'm finding it hard to build it efficently. Can someone suggest some cool dinamic to play with Breya or some nice card to modify it?
>>
>>50546733
Remove all the red cards from your deck

Play Sharuum instead
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scumfxxk-ii/
Not sure what direction to go. Need bigger, angrier creatures.

>>50533419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A
for the linked
>>
File: Built.png (472KB, 871x512px) Image search: [Google]
Built.png
472KB, 871x512px
Look upon my works, ye mighty, and laugh at them because they're awful
>>
File: tumblr_ofmdm1Lmnz1u9beo8o1_500.jpg (91KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofmdm1Lmnz1u9beo8o1_500.jpg
91KB, 500x375px
>>50533419

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRpgrC09NM
>>
>>50546651

You're not really thinking this through, it's okay m8, we forgive you for being an insufferable cunt

Next time try a little harder to not be a shit-eating faggot
>>
>>50546751
Then? I still have no clue about what to do to win a match. Every combo I try is really really slow or isn't enough powerful to make some relevant damage.
>>
>>50546733
I just run a few infinite combos and a bunch of tutors and fetch lands. It works out.
>>
File: Quietus Spike_ALA.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Quietus Spike_ALA.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
is this good? I ordered it on a whim.
also this is a win with doublstrike right?
>>
>>50546823
No.
>>
>>50546823

Nope

It will deal damage once, trigger, and then deal damage and trigger again

For example, with a mirran crusader

40-2 = 38 /2 = 19
19-2 = 17/2 = 8 (rounded up)

It can deal a shitton of damage, but you'll never kill with the trigger
>>
>>50546821
Can you suggest some cards? I'm just too lazy to look every card of every expansion that's good for the deck
>>
>>50546811
Then you're building bad combos.

The most obvious one for Sharuum is to use her and Phyrexian Metamorph/Sculpting Steel to create infinite ETB/LTB triggers, usually killing with a Blood Artist or a Disciple of the Vault. You can also take infinite turns with Thopter Assembly and Time Sieve.

If you honestly need to be spoonfed good combos with a Sharuum deck, you should probably play something a little more your speed, like Craw Wurm.dec
>>
File: Can block flyers.jpg (260KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Can block flyers.jpg
260KB, 960x1280px
>>50541407
>>50542911
>>50546065
>>50546216
>>50546651
>One of the oldest, most tried and true deck types in Magic history
>It's crap because I don't like it
>>
>>50546868
>You'll never win with the trigger
Unless they're at 1 life when it resolves.
>>
File: 1480004471817.png (827KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480004471817.png
827KB, 641x640px
>>50546797
> no freezeframe
>>
>>50546877
I didn't say that mono-green elves is a bad deck, by any means.

I said "Freyalise not dying to a Wrath doesn't mean she's resilient against them, when a Wrath invalidates 2 of her 3 abilities".
>>
Have we reached the concensus that leovold has joined the ranks of the mega-cancer commanders. Sure fucking feels like he should be on it.
>>
File: Works in Progress.png (556KB, 848x619px) Image search: [Google]
Works in Progress.png
556KB, 848x619px
>>50546888
That one's a work in progress, it's just not fully built yet.
>>
>>50546887

True, I misread it. I even did the example wrong, since here >>50546868 it would leave 7 life, not eight
>>
>>50546909
I'd have to abstain from the vote, purely because I have yet to play against a Leovold deck
>>
>>50546876
Thanks, to be honest it's a friend's deck but I said it's mine just to be quicker. The reason I ask for the cards is that I don't know the combos 'cause I don't own the deck. I play my beautiful Atraxa and I'm satisfied with it. Anyway I'll give a look to your cards, thank you very much
>>
>>50546374
there are a few good pairs. I looked through them all and I actually have a neat idea for a brew that I'm gonna do later tonight probably. I'm gonna try an akiri/silas deck, but they're not the real commanders of the deck (the real commander is a secret)
>>
>>50546896

A wrath doesn't invalidate her + ability though, it's the opposite, her + helps you recover faster

A good elf deck keeps elves in hand before a wipe so after the wipe freya makes a dork, you play two more elves, and you're basically back to normal, freya's ult is online again next turn
>>
>>50546873
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-combo-brew/
I just lifted all my shit from this Day 1.

Krark Clan/Ashnod's + Nim Deathmantle/Eldrazi Displacer + Breya is the most efficient combo and I'd argue the only staple because it's an immediate win. Sharuum loop is nice too especially if you drop Panharmonicon because you have infinite grave recursion.

I also really like the two panoramas in your land slots. Grixis Panorama and Esper Panorama because it lets you be more picky about your mana at the cost of a turn. They've solved my mana problems so many times now.

Then just find as many artifact tutors and defensive things as you can. I run a lot of board wipes because I can get my shit back anyway. You have white so don't forget you can just exile things you don't like. Black has Murder. Blue has counter spells. For everything else, there's fire.
>>
>>50547001
>No see I'm right because of this specific situation I've concocted where you had 7 lands and Freya's free Llanowar Elf was somehow totally necessary to recover from a wrath even though you had a hand full of Elves already

She's not useless. I'm not saying she is. But her +1 is not very useful for recovering from a Wrath, and her ultimate is completely shut off by it. She's a very good card, but she is not, by any means, good Wrath insurance for a green deck.
>>
>>50546733
Gamble
Demonic tutor
Enlightened Tutor
Mystical Tutor
Vampiric Tutor
Steelshaper's gift
Fabricate

Your choice of
Nim Deathmantle or Thoptersword
Plus
Ashnod's Altar or Krark Clan Ironworks
>>
>>50546896
>elves are gay
>sorry but Elves suck
>Elves are a gimmick
Do you not know that people can just scroll up? Fucking hell, this is some professional grade retardation, here.

Honestly, we only really have to look at your first comment to see what's happening here. Elves and goblins function fairly similarly, but your repressed homosexual desires force you to violently reject playing cards with pretty men on them.
>>
>>50547003
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/have-you-had-your-lightning-loops/

I suppose I'll post mine too. I'm playing with some tricks and they're working out for me.
>>
>>50547087
>your first comment

You're confusing me for someone else.

>>50546521
>>50546651
>>50546896

Those were me. The person saying all the dumb shit you're quoting was not me. I only came in to question how Freya is a 'resilient' card.
>>
>>50547052

>7 lands

Wut? You don't need to recast freya after a board wipe that's the point

3 elves is better than 2, 2 is better than 1, etc

Being a consistent way of upping your elf count regardless of board wipes makes her good at recovering from board wipes

Also you can make an elf to block a random haste creature (other creatures just died to the board wipe) while you cast a big recursion spell to get your other elves that died back to hand
>>
>>50546714
Yeah, I also prefer bottom-up design.

But in case of established legendaries with established lore and flavor, you can't do the design bottom-up.

There are exceptions to every rule, and this is one of those exceptions.
>>
>>50547160
>you don't need to recast freya
Not saying you do. But you DO need lands to cast the handful of elves you held back.

>3 elves is better than 2, 2 is better than 1, etc.
Sure. But if she's just a 6 mana "Plus one elf" generator, there's better cards. And if she's there to help you 'recover' from wraths, or protect against them, there's also better cards. She does several things fairly well, and that's good, but if you're leaning on her for ONE thing, you should pick something more focused, and less versatile.

>being a consistent way of upping your elf count regardless of board wipes
one Llanowar Elf per turn is not exactly fast recovery. It's not nothing, but it's also not exactly balls-to-the-wall fast. It's mediocre.
>>
>>50547217
I disagree. It's possible (not LIKELY by any means, but possible) that you've got a cool bottom-up design somewhere (maybe it didn't make it into a recent set?) and it happily would go great with an established lore character. In those cases, it's absolutely fine to bottom-up an established character.

But yeah, that shouldn't be your go-to thing. If you're designing a card for an established character, from scratch, you need it to be top-down. A bottom-up design CAN work, but it's harder to make it match properly.
>>
>>50547231

Why do you keep trying to reduce her to just one thing she does? She would never be a "6 mana plus one elf generator" alone, for one thing she costs 5 mana you retard, but besides that she also has other abilities and protects herself with elves, nobody said leaning on her for ONE thing except you

You should just argue with yourself so you don't have to bother trying to understand what another person is saying
>>
Is Boros worse than mono white?
>>
>>50547351
No because red has better looting. Also Sunforger.
>>
>>50547351

Probably not, but budget and deck building skill have more influence on the power of a deck than just the color identity, there could be a mono white deck that blows most Boros decks out of the water

In general though I think white benefits from red's card advantage options, neither color is great at card advantage but together they can see more cards than either could alone

On the other hand mono red and mono white can both use Extraplanar lens and caged sun, etc, so maybe they are better than RW
>>
>>50547322
Because you're defending her on that front.

She's a good card because she does several things fairly well. "Recovering from a wrath" is not one of those things.
>>
>>50547351
Mono R > Boros > Mono W.

Going mono gives you big acceleration in the form of Gauntlet of Power (and Gauntlet of Might if you're rich and in red), Extraplanar Lens, and Caged Sun. Mono Red has better draw than white (although it's basically all exile-draw, rummaging, or looting), and has good heavy-artifact strategies that help mitigate red's normal problem with card advantage. Biggest weakness is lack of removal.

Mono-White can deal with literally any card type, efficiently and expertly, but has (by design) the worst card advantage in the game to offset it. Gaining access to red's card filtering really steps white's game up, but R/W can't use the same strategies that mono-red can to the same effectiveness, so it's weaker than mono-red.

On the other hand, Sunforger is baller.
>>
We need a new thread

More freya liar discussion is not welcome
>>
Green Sun Zenith or Chord of Calling? I think running both would be a waste of a slot.
>>
>>50547567

I think both is actually optimal because they are so damn good, but, if you insist on only running one, then I would say for mono green run gsz, anything else run chord
>>
>>50547567
If you're mostly going to be finding green creatures, Zenith for being cheaper and more re-usable. Especially if your intent is to get utility shit.

If you want access to non-green creatures, and/or are able to utilize the Convoke fairly well, Chord.
>>
>>50547567
>>50547611
Don't forget Chord is an Instant, too. It certainly has its uses.
>>
>>50547703
I'm just cutting from beyond and put both in. From beyond was filler in my deck because I had no idea what to put in.
>>
what do you do when you get a hardon at the table /edhg/? I sometimes pop a chubble while checking out my lewd chandra alter, and it's really awkward. I usually try to put my hand over my ding to cover it, but I think the other players know... anyone have help? I play with a lot of kids at my LGS and I don't want them to think I have a hard on for kids...
>>
>>50548300

Go to bathroom, rub one out, come bacn
>>
>>50548320
I tried that once but I got some cum on the walls and now you have to ask the employees for a key everytime you use the bathroom
>>
File: chandra_nallar_alter-1.png (286KB, 447x384px) Image search: [Google]
chandra_nallar_alter-1.png
286KB, 447x384px
>>50548300
>>
>>50548350

Well next time aim for the toilet
>>
File: Ib_Halfheart_Goblin_Tactician.jpg (115KB, 633x469px) Image search: [Google]
Ib_Halfheart_Goblin_Tactician.jpg
115KB, 633x469px
>>50547376
What is the best looting in mono red? The creatures like mad prophet and rummaging goblin? Or spells like goblin lore / burning inquiry/ faithless looting?

Am I missing any big ones?
>>
>>50548432
where did you get this Fucking picture
>>
File: chandra_nallar_alter.png (3MB, 1024x1409px) Image search: [Google]
chandra_nallar_alter.png
3MB, 1024x1409px
>>50548506
>>
>>50546877
>all archetypes have success in a singleton, multiplayer format by virtue of being successful in more traditional formats

I'm still waiting for all these supposed boardwipe negating strats in monogreen.
>>
>>50546621
That's well and good but she's also not a wincon and does next to nothing for the player with an empty board, ergo she isn't boardwipe resilence for the deck's main strat.
>>
>>50548505

Not truly rummaging or looting but wheel of fortune is best

Random discard is bad, some decks can do well in spite of random discard but it's never the preferable option

Faithless looting is much better than goblin lore

As far as repeatable looting on a stick like rummaging goblin vs one time looting like careful study, that's up to preference, I generally prefer one time use spells in a gy based deck because right when you need stuff in the gy, you get it at an affordable price, but if you're comsistently trying to loot into a better hand every game all game, then you might prefer rummaging goblin type stuff
>>
File: Melancholy mtg.jpg (196KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
Melancholy mtg.jpg
196KB, 620x375px
>>50547551
>tfw I just want Sunforger by itself as the Commander but playgroup is too shit to let me.
>>
>>50548572
To be more specific,I've got wort, boggart auntie. I dont mind discarding goblins as I get them back if I need them
>>
File: nigga.jpg (13KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
13KB, 190x265px
yo need some more interesting combos for niv mizzet the firemind trying to keep it budget friendly

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/niv-mizz-the-not-so-friendly-group-hug/
>>
>>50547001
>a good elf deck keeps cards in hand to survive a board wipe

A good elf deck is a combo deck with an aggro backup. Monogreen has shit card advantage and if you're not ramping and dumping your hand then you're playing a shittier white weenie deck. 2 or 3 elves on the board are not a threat.

People that want to comment on elves should actually play with or against an elf deck before commenting because saying the deck's gaping weakness is not weakness is making an ass of yourself.
>>
>>50548539

Recursion is pretty good against board wipes

So is card draw
>>
>>50548521
Why would you do that.
>>
>>50548678
I didn't, I saved it from the guy who posted it about a month ago here
>>
>>50548657

>mono green has shit card advantage

Yes you ramp and dump your hand, but then you draw a new one
>>
>>50548674
>monogreen recursion
>harmonize is good card draw
>Sylvan Library is likely to be on the board in a deck that can't tutor for it and has shit card draw

Please read the thread before commenting.
>>
>>50548718

See >>50548740

I'm STILL waiting for some specific cards to be posted or for that matter people who have experience with elf decks to post.
>>
>>50548740
>>50548764

Just because you can't personally think of any mono green card draw or recursion doesn't mean it's not there

Typical game for my elf deck

>turns 1-3 play a bunch of elves, make like 5-10 mana with stuff like wood elves, llanowar elves, and priest of Titania
>turn 4 if somebody board wipes, I cast creeping Renaissance or seasons past or maybe Regrowth + eternal witness or something
>build board back, cast shamanic revelation, draw into enough stuff to win next turn

I'm not saying that board wipes aren't good against elves, I'm saying that they don't just end the game, an elf deck is built to force your opponent to have a board wipe, and then recover from that and force them to have it again multiple times

Strictly edh I'm talking abot here, in legacy you don't really come back from a board wipe unless the opponent is really slow with whatever they are doing or they did their wipe too early while you still had a lot of elves in hand
>>
File: Recycle_TE.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Recycle_TE.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>50548984
Green draw
>>
>>50548740
>Green
>Shit card draw
Sure, blue and black beat it, but green's card draw is still pretty good. It just doesn't come in the form of "End of turn, USZ for 10", it comes in the form of Fecundity and Skullclamping tokens and Soul of the Harvest and things like that.
>>
>>50548764
I run a few board wipes protects in my Ezuri deck.

>Wrap in Vigor (no one runs WoG in my playgroup)
>Cauldron of Souls
>Asceticism
>Fresh Meat
>Caller of the Claw

the last two really don't protect, but it makes it so I don't lose value from wipes. I also have Kamahl, Fist of Krosa as a pseudo way because no one wants to lose their lands when they wipe.
>>
>>50549415
>>50549415
>>50549415
>>50549415
>>50549415
New thread. Argue about Elves elsewhere
>>
>>50544747
>>50544782
Really? I feel grateful for nabbing it at $40, then
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.