[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 38

File: doomsday.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
New and Improved Edition

Thread Rules:
1) Names are allowed for denoting what deck you play
2) Ignore shitposters
3) Don't turn into the Modern General

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells
>Tin Fins

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
Did anyone actually go to the MKM Series in Prague?
I had a ton of fun playing TES, but I didn't do too well. I did get 2 nice tokens made by Danny Orizio for EtW and a bunch of foils.
>>
>>50531994
I haven't been able to go to any events, but I've noticed a surge of W Soldier stompy online, anyone else seen it?
>>
File: 1450423068161.jpg (126KB, 789x721px) Image search: [Google]
1450423068161.jpg
126KB, 789x721px
Been kind of sad lately. Realizing that Magic is recieving less and less players around here, I live in Phoenix, AZ. Theres barely a legacy scene at all here anymore and even Modern is dying slowly it seems. Im not going to sell my deck because ive grown attached to it but I do hate not having anyone to play with or tournaments to go to. I play Burn for reference in both Modern and Legacy and have Scapeshift as a secondary deck. At least my decks not a super expensive Legacy deck like Shardless BUG or Lands even though it does have some pimp cards like Judge Mountains and a playset of Foil Guides
>>
File: mtg prague.jpg (836KB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
mtg prague.jpg
836KB, 1800x1350px
>>50531994
Here's a picture of all the stuff I bought. I finally finished my playset of foil Geese. That BS I ripped from buying a random s-chinese EMA booster. The Bayou was also pretty cheap, 105 euros.
>>
>>50532330
If I were you i'd start playing online. MTGO has frequent structured tournaments. Or you could use a free option. If you sold paper scapeshift you could easily buy into legacy burn online.
>>
>>50532893
Thanks for the advice. Ive thought of going online but im not sure it just doesnt have the same magic (no pun intended) that the paper cards hold for me. I like being able to hold the cards and the dynamic of sitting across from someone and playing the game. I guess it just comes from my years in high school playing the game casually. I suppose ill just find as many tournaments as i can attend. For a while I had gotten out of the game as I was waiting to purchase some cards and the work schedule was making it difficult to attend.
>>
>>50532330
Where in Phoenix? I'm starting to finally build my decks.
>>
>>50533032
West Valley. If you ever have a Legacy deck completed and want to play I have Burn ready to go or even if its just proxied on some cards I dont care.
>>
>>50533092
Okay, I'm in Tempe, I've got led dredge proxied up (20% built) and a casual esper control deck that's not competitive.
>>
File: 20161204_162345.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_162345.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20161204_162555.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_162555.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20161204_162750.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_162750.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20161204_162949.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_162949.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20161204_163024.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_163024.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
There will be two of these in the deck one day and a third judge mountain
Sorry for the bad quality on the images but its the phones camera combined with the lack of natural light.
>>
>>50533370
Those are some nice Vortexes, I could only snag a foil conspiracy one a few months back for a few bucks, but hot damn, the old foils are where it's at.
>>
Who eldrazi here?
>>
>>50533155
Yeah if you ever want to meet and play at a store thats fine. Post a throwaway email and ill get in contact or I can post one.
>>
>>50533487
Yeah I much prefer old foils as the old border makes the foiling stand out and I like the shooting star at the bottom. Judge foils are also great. If I had infinite money Id play a pimped out version of Lands or Painter but I dont have that kind of cash to spend on a format that doesnt see too much activity.
>>
I was the homie in the last thread talking about my match up against elves as D&T. Even though I agree that containment priest and spirit of the labyrinth are sweet against elves, my favorite was Gideon +1 then Cataclysm which was also sweet against Eldrazi.
New Thalia is great, I need at least 3.
>>
>>50533621
Death and Taxes is such a sweet deck. One of my favorite decks to go against as Burn. I feel like the matchup is 50/50 and very skill intensive.
>>
File: cndl.jpg (66KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
cndl.jpg
66KB, 640x426px
probably one of the worst ways to spend 1400$
>>
>>50534784
>putting those expensive cards in Ultra Pros
Use dragon shields instead, protects the cards better, less split sleeves.
You building High Tide?
>>
>>50534784
Also with cards that expensive you should double sleeve. Just a recommendation.
>>
>>50534855
>>50534836
they are double sleeved, and I use Ultra Pros because I like the matte blue which matches my mono blue deck. Waiting on 8 guru islands now. I need to find 3 more.
>>
>>50535086
>8 guru islands
Dang isnt that over $2000
>>
>>50535111
well a bit more but I got them for 2k yeah. If you are going to play a shit deck, may as well look good doing it.
>>
>>50535130
True. I like good looking decks as much as anyone, the pictures in the thread are some of my most expensive cards I own. Nothing compared to those Islands though. Im thinking the most expensive individual card in my collection is the foil Arid Mesa which is currently $100 but the Judge Mountains are very expensive for a basic at $70 and the Guides are about $250 for the playset.
>>
>>50535193
yeah but your deck is viable. It pains me so much that high tide is basically 2nd tier and its getting worse with the modern creature power creep.

In modern I play ad nauseam and I feel kind of dirty using damage to kill my opponent. We need to make "I blue sun's zenith you for 61" viable in all formats!

Jokes aside I really miss combo winter and good all days of solitaire mtg. I still have my academy deck.
>>
>>50535300
Yeah Burns a pretty sweet deck and im surprised its such a viable strategy in Legacy but Price of Progress and Fireblast in conjunction with 4 different playsets of one mana 3 damage spells and extremely efficient damage dealing creatures like Goblin Guide and Eidolon is pretty good. Also helps that the manabase completely dodges one of the best cards in the format, Wasteland, and Force of Will isnt too good against the deck either due to the redundacy of the deck and the fact that you pay life to use its alternate cost.
>>
>>50535300
Creature based power creep is partly why I want to build Lands as the deck absolutely destroys those types of decks. Thank you Tabernacle and Punishing Fire. Also the decks really viable in Legacy and fun to play the few times ive tried it on XMage. If im ever rich enough i know thats the deck ill build.
>>
>>50535300
I play wish nauseam in modern. it's the closest I can get to playing DDFT in modern. There aren't really any modern decks that give that warm, fuzzy, public masturbation feeling like legacy combo decks do.
>>
File: Mirage Tournament Pack.jpg (410KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mirage Tournament Pack.jpg
410KB, 1600x1200px
>tfw going through my old Magic cards from when I used to play and I found A FUCKLOAD of good Mirage cards in really good condition

A Lion's Eye Diamond, three Phyrexian Dreadnoughts, four Enlightened Tutors, tons of good shit. I also found an unopened Tournament Pack, those were just like the 60 card boosters where it wasn't a set list of cards right? Like you would get three rando rares etc.? You guys think I should open it and see if there is anything cool in it or leave it sealed?
>>
>>50536826

Sell the Tournament Pack. It's almost definitely worth more than the cards you'll find in it.

Played Dredge at the local with my newly-finished quad-Force sideboard.

Despite appalling draws and worse dredges, got a winning record. Picked up the last two Reanimates I'd been looking for to build Reanimator. Only need a third Griselbrand and a Tidespout to finish the maindeck, I think.

Any Reanimator players here have info on what's most important for the sideboard? Flusterstorms seem like a must, and a couple of Show and Tells seem important too, but I'm wondering what other people with more experience think.
>>
>>50533811
I like it in a lot of matches, it feels like a pretty skill intensive deck. People give miracles a lot of credit for taking a lot of skill but Death and Taxes is up there. Some match ups seem iffy like Reanimator and Storm. If you have the Thalia it gets a whole lot easier but without it you are kind of a sitting duck in those match ups. Shardless can be pretty fun to play against too. Infect though is probably hard in the earlier game and easier in the late game. Thalia just feels like the glue that holds the deck together to be honest.
>>
>>50536826
Mirage confirmed for best forests
>>
I ended up getting myself an early Christmas present. I now have 4x Wasteland.
>>
>>50537418
Nice. I took advantage of the sales that were still going from Black Friday on CoolStuffInc a few days ago and bought myself $150 in cards. Mostly modern but I grabbed a playset of Ice Age Jester's Cap and Mirage Enlightened Tutor. I had to grab the Jester's Cap just because it was one of my favorite cards as a kid and I never got one.
>>
>>50534784
Why doesn't your camera mirror the picture. Or why is the picture mirrored.
>>
Still waiting on a Jitte and Crucible from Singapoor... damn US Customs.

Building Esper Stoneblade.
>>
>>50538269

Proxies or legit?
>>
>>50538395
No fake shit here.
>>
>>50538509

Damn brah should have ordered them from here, unless you got a really great deal. I never order anything from outside of the US or Canada because of customs. I got some cards from Australia once and they cut open the boxes and messed them all up.
>>
>>50538539
They're Japanese, like the rest of my Legacy cards.
>>
File: 13623358.jpg (85KB, 724x725px) Image search: [Google]
13623358.jpg
85KB, 724x725px
>>50538539
>tfw I won an auction for a playset of cards I needed from Canada with free shipping for 13 cents and the guy had to pay $1.20 postage to ship them to me

He must have been so pissed when he saw I won.
>>
>>50538269
Stoneblade fug yeah, definetley one of my fave decks
>>
>>50538269
Do you have anything spicy in your list? Or something spicy you wanna try in it? I figure Gideon ally of zendikar could be decent in it
>>
hello legacy general, modern babby here with matchreport blogpost

>tfw playing first game with tin fins after goldfishing it all day, kind of worried because the draws seemed wildly inconsistent
>go up against br reanimator who opens with double chancellor of the annex reveal and swamp. bummer, i had the turn 1 kill in hand
>play marsh flats and pass because i thought i'd try to hit a second land before going off for some reason. didn't realize i could just cast my chrome mox into the chancellor tax and kill him
>dude lands griselbrand, draws 7, passes
>try to ponder for second land to thoughtseize before i try to combo, forgetting it will get countered. then he reminds me that he's just BR and has no instant-speed interaction so i imprint the thoughtseize and kill him
>game 2, no grave hate so i bring in 2 swords. opening hand is 2 ritual, land, brainstorm, entomb, goryo's vengeance, reanimate. seems good
>he plays swamp and passes
>i crack my delta, he entombs griselbrand in response.
>read Reanimate again.
>GGWP

i think i got really lucky but that was honestly a blast
>>
>sold my dredge
>now I can make Nic Fit for Legacy, play modern I'd probably make a Mono U Tron or Eldrazi or make my edh decks way better

Tough choice. I love commander, but I want to play something else, and there's only one legacy tournament here per month.
>>
>>50541314
Another modern babby sees the light. Tin fins actually is suprisingly consistent in my opinion so if you keep playing with it you'll probably find some of the inconsistency goes away as you get a better feel for the lines.
>>
>>50536650
>>50535438
how do you play wish ad nauseam? I have been meaning to have a look. I never really got into it as glittering wish is a sorcery and as such I cannot go off at instant speed, which is probably more than 50% of the time for me.

Lands is an interesting deck, I have everything for it except manabonds and one dual land. It is most definitely viable and fun to pilot. Have fun.
>>
>>50541314
Your opponent sounds like a dummy but gj anyway.
>>
>>50541331
What nic fit build are you rolling with? I'm splashing red for huntmaster, broodmate and kolaghans command. Also because ive had an unlimited taiga sitting in my binder since rtr
>>
>>50542087
None yet, I'm still thinking of what I should do with this money. I could also build Eldrazy Stompy, it's easy to convert it to Eldrazi Tron if I want to play Modern. I never had so much money before to work with, you know? Now I have a bunch of cool choices and i don't know which one is the best for me.
>>
>>50542116
Well legacy stompy and modern tron are two completely different animals. Stompy shares with eldrazi taxes.

I'm building nic fit for more casual games since nobody enjoys matchups with my other decks, miracles and oops.
>>
>>50541791
At risk of talking too much about modern, the wish version can still go off at instant speed. It plays a bring to light in the board to wish for to cast ad naus. https://m.reddit.com/r/ModernMagic/comments/4b6nob/glittering_wish_ad_nauseam_tournament_report/
My list has a better manabase. Botanical sanctum helps a bit.
>>
File: 1454284880756.png (94KB, 552x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454284880756.png
94KB, 552x600px
>tfw the Modern thread copied our OP layout
We're gonna make /tg/ great again
>>
>>50542516
>thread rule 3: don't turn into the modern general
I guess it's OK if they turn into us?
>>
>>50542548
>Less bitching
>Less shitposting
>Trips being used as moot intended

Futures so bright I need sunglasses

So Im working on a nic fit list for Friday and I'm splashing red for some local meta decisions. Lots of grind and midrange, only one combo player and I already have those silver bullets in the side. What are some spicy 3-5 drops I could run? I could do 4 seige rhino but that's boring.
>>
>>50542211
They actually share a lot of cards, it's mostly the manabase that's different, and you can add mimics and endless ones to the deck because of Eye of Ugin.
>>
>>50542744
Acidic Slime is another artifact removal stick further up the chain than Rec Sage if you need it, Kalitas, Traitor is good, Huntmaster, Thragtusk, EWit. Can you post your list? I've been interested in Nic Fit for a while.
>>
>>50542886
I must be thinking of a different tron. Is there a new one besides R/G and U in modern now? Haven't kept up with any of that in a while.

Eldrazi stompy is pretty fun. We have a local guy that plays it and the deck is super solid. Pretty great if you are just getting into legacy since its just a beefier version of the standard/modern equivalents.
>>
>>50542965
It's not really known, but I found it really interesting. I love colorless decks in general.
Take a look https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-eldrazi-tron-26966#online

If I were to build Eldrazi Stompy, I'd have to go for Crystal Veins instead of City of Traitors. My budget isn't that big.
>>
>>50542744
>red
>spicy
Arc Slogger
>>
>>50542948
I'm actually giving kol command a slot for extra hate on top of gsz for a rec sage. Kills a lot in my local shop and recurs creatures back. I think the stone worst it does is be a bad blighting but I can't imagine a matchup at my shop where I'd do that.

I'm phoneposting at work so I'll need to get back with the list tonight. Basically red is command, hunt master and broodmate. I have 4 gsz, 3 abrupts, flip garruk and sorin, lord of innistrad as my walkers. rest is the normal stuff you'd expect in nic fit. I'm really just trying to slot in spicy tech
>>
>>50542984
You can go Corrupted Crossroads to have Devoid cards.
>>
>>50541314

Welcome to Legacy!

Seriously, welcome. It's awesome in here.

>>50542211

>Nic Fit, Miracles, and Oops

I like your style.
>>
>>50543192
There's also mono green storm but its more of a joke deck than anything else.
>>
File: en_nZfbo6vo5j.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_nZfbo6vo5j.png
177KB, 265x370px
Dissapointing. 2 Extra mana for 1 +1 that can't miss, but you lose the choice on which it is and with a well-built deck you won't miss often with AoB +1. Also concerning is that you HAVE to put the card in your hand, I've had plenty of times I've +1'd AoB and put all cards on bottom to stay safe under a Bridge. Being able to come down and -3 immediately is cool and all but not being able to be played T2 is not.
>>
>>50543288

This is relevant to my interests.

Also, bumping for input on Reanimator. Just filled out the quad Reanimate, so at this point I'm looking for input on the sideboard and alternative cheating-out-a-dude strategies (Show and Tell, etc.).
>>
>>50543562
I'm going to hope really hard that that's just for the attrocious duel deck thing since they also spoiled a second ajani with it. The real one will almost certainly be better.
>>
>>50543562
isn't that just the planeswalker deck one? they're supposed to be shitty. there'll be a better one in the actual set. it's like how there were two Chandra and two nissa in kaladesh.
>>
>>50543620
It's basic land based, goes off earliest at turn 4(usually 5-6) after giving your opponent a turn with heartbeat of spring and uses recycle as an engine.
>>
>>50543623
>>50543640
Ah, I forgot that was a thing. Fingers crossed for a 4 CMC Tezz in the real set then.
>>
Thinking about selling my legacy manaless dredge so I cad afford the upgrades for legacy merfolk. Should I?
>>
>>50543756
Don't get too excited, I hear they're making +1/+1 counters an evergreen mechanic for the first ability of all Planeswalkers of all colors.
>>
>>50543846

Manaless is in a pretty good spot right now, actually. I'd stick with it for the time being.

By the way, if you've got Force of Will for your sideboard, the hardest part's out of the way. You might want to look for decks with stuff that'll have crossover value, rather than just switching decks entirely. Of course, manaless doesn't cross with much except Oops and LED Dredge, so it's tough to say what the best approach would be.
>>
>>50541609
i've been jamming grishoalbrand in modern and i think that's what happened to me there. the legacy cantrips take getting used to as well. the difference between brainstorm/ponder and faithless looting/night's whisper feels very large

>>50541971
kek he said he was also new. game 2 he had a thoughtseize he really should have led on

>>50543192
thanks. i've been lurking a bit and it feels like the opposite of the modern general
>>
>>50544476
Yes feel the power coursing through you. Legacy changes a person. It can be hard to go back to your old life.

Anyone interested a doomsday puzzle?
>>
File: 1472623922596.png (89KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1472623922596.png
89KB, 320x287px
>>50543562
>+1: reveal the top card of your library until a card named 'Torrential Gearhulk' is revealed and put that card into your hand
>-3: do nothing
>-8: win the mirror

top snooze lads
>>
>>50545052
At this point I've all but accepted that unless there are design mistakes there will never again be a good Planeswalker.
>>
>>50545093
you simply need to adjust what your definition of 'good' is.
>>
>>50543756
Probably not. You only see pushed Walkers once a block, if that.
>>
>>50539624
What, Esper Miracles? Nah, it's just a stock list derived from the current iterations played by Japanese pilots (but instead of 2x Tasigur I'm going to a 1-1 split of Tasigur and TNN). I haven't decided what my SB is going to have yet outside of the 1 Crucible. I'm sure I'll add in some number of Zealous Persecutions.
>>
>>50544898
>Yes feel the power coursing through you. Legacy changes a person. It can be hard to go back to your old life.
You never realize truly how shit Serum Visions is until you've casted a Preordain.
>>
>>50544898
Hit me up, it's been too long.
>>
I am wondering if there will be a blue version of "Yahenni’s Expertise" with something like

Instant

1UU
Return a target permanent to its owners hand. You may cast an instant spell with converted mana cost 2 or less from you hand without paying its mana cost.
>>
>>50545529
That's exponentially better than the 2BB card, so I doubt it.
>>
>>50545552
not really, look at massacre for example, which is 2BB and you can play for free and does -2/-2. The new card is actually better and massacre is considered a must for storm sideboard.
>>
>>50545322
You didn't even need to play Legacy to know that if you played standard Delver pre-bannings.
>>
File: 1461004866353-pol.png (20KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1461004866353-pol.png
20KB, 400x462px
>>50545621
>there will never be a Standard like THS-KTK again
>>
>>50545600
If Storm needs to pay 4 mana to boardwipe then Storm has already lost that game. Massacre being free (or {1}) is an insane benefit.

Also, whatever happened to folded guy when he found out his cards were fake?
>>
>>50546075
if you think casting it for free is good, then think about getting another spell for free in storm...
>>
>>50545371
Alright pal here ya go. My list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/

The puzzle: it's game 1 vs Rug delver. They have lethal on board, a volc and a trop untapped, and a spell snare and a daze in hand. You have island, swamp, volc, and your hand is LED x2, Ritual, Brainstorm x2, doomsday. What do you do to try to navigate through that countermagic?
>>
>>50545850
Did you mean SOM-INN?
>>
>>50547032
Glad I didn't play back then, considering how much infect makes me vehemently mad.

RTR-THR best standard
>>
>>50542948
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nicfitdraft4-1/

Here is the list promised earlier.

Got a foil vindicate I wanted to slot in but not sure where
>>
>>50546118
A 4-mana spell that you're paying full value for should win you the game, especially in Storm.
>>50546416
What is my GY?
>>
>>50548016
Assume doomsday gives you access to every card not on the battlefield or in your hand.
>>
>>50548164
Life total?
>>
File: 46066645_p8.jpg (402KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
46066645_p8.jpg
402KB, 600x835px
Modern player interested in legacy because lol modern right now.

Is this might be a weird question, but how do you use FoW correctly? Like, is there a or a sequence where you absolutely dont Fow?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50548429
It's all situational. Personally, I only FoW as a panic button, meaning if I know I can deal with the card (if it's a permanent) within 1 or 2 turns I don't do it. Problematic cards like Chalice and Library get FoW'd often. Bob can resolve.
>>
>>50548429
That more or less comes with practice. You generally save FoW for your opponents spells that will beat you or prevent you from securing victory. The card is a net loss so you try not to use it like you would a counter spell. A lot of skill is involved in baiting and determining when to use FoW.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50548470
With this I'm 2 USeas away from finishing Esper Stoneblade. SFMs on previous page, SCMs sleeves up in Miracles.
>>
>>50548429

It's something that depends a lot on what you have in your hand and what deck you're playing against. Firing it at the wrong spell is a surefire way to get the Drills, but if you hit ANT at a chokepoint it can cost them the game.

The main thing to ask yourself is "is pitching a Brainstorm/Ponder/another counterspell/Delver worth it to stop what the opponent is doing?" A lot of control decks board out a Force or two in mirror matches because holding onto an extra card can be better than getting a free counterspell.

It gets a lot simpler in decks like Dredge. T1 Extraction on your Troll? Force pitching literally anything. T1 Cage? Ditto. T1 Deathrite? Depends on whether the rest of your hand is ass.

Tough to give a comprehensive answer, but I hope that helps!

>>50545600

I don't think it's better than Massacre. The only reason I ever countenanced Massacre was that it's something you can cast for free.

Also I don't agree that Massacre's a must in Storm, but I've brought it back in since D&T's Hulked out.

>>50545322

I remember finishing Modern Storm about two weeks before Preordain got hammered. I almost had a hernia. And an aneurysm.
>>
>>50548517
>>50548470
>>50548767

Thanks guys. It seems like a pretty skill/knowledge intensive card.

I'm thinking of trying out Landstill or Stoneblade. I need to know what it's like to play with jtms and sfm.
>>
>>50548344
6. Forgot that was important here
>>
>>50547079
Ahh yes, mono blue devotion and mono black devotion and rev for 15 all day err day. Get your bad taste outta here.
>>
>>50548937
Stoneblade is better, Landstill is more interesting. Build Stoneblade.
>>
>>50549631
Sure. I'm browsing lists, there seems to be quite a bit of variation. Is there a go to safe list I can just steal for testing?
>>
>>50550002
http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=14104&d=284056&f=LE is a good start, and the list I'm building (SB will be different, and MD -1 Tasigur +1 TNN)
>>
>>50531548
Who else sea stompy here?
anyone? I'm so lonely
>>
>>50550559
One day I'll have a UG Kiora deck.
>>
Monday night legacy at my lhs didn't fire. Only 1 other person showed.
>>
Ban top when?
>>
File: 1478979261530.jpg (90KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
1478979261530.jpg
90KB, 624x950px
>>50551171
Hahaha

>tfw
Did you and the other guy play any?
>>
>>50551329
Never
>>
>>50551329
When Modernshitposters like you stop being ignorant about this format.

AKA never
>>
>>50551797
i've nver played modern. I have played legacy since the cards where in type 1.5
>>
>>50551390
Nah I just left. Had an hour drive and didn't feel like sticking around. Might play online a bit tonight.
>>
>>50545052
It's meant to be babby's first walker in the 'walker precons. Might pick his up to teach a yugiweeb friend who wants to get into the game. Ultra-casual janky UB tezzerator vs standard.dec sounds fun.
>>
>>50546416
Couldn't get this one. I think the hard part is that LED's and multiple brainstorms really don't like to work together.

My first attempt made a pile of petal, duress, ideas, LED, wish, leaving an LED in hand to put back on top with BS, but I found I was short 2 mana, including daze.

My second go at it was to forgo two mana spells and pile petal, top, labman, brainstorm, x, but this pile is short 2 mana as well.

Tough one.
>>
>>50546118
Massacre is a net mana cost of 1 or 0. HE'S MY CATERER is net cost 1, but with 4 up front.
>>
>>50553180
This one is kind of tough because they actually can screw you up if they daze the right spell, but since you're dead on board you need to try. The best thing to do is to sequence your spells so that Daze seems bad, and avoid 2 mana cost spells. Here's how I'd do it:

Cast the 2 LEDs. They probably won't daze because you have plenty of mana. Tap the swamp for ritual-> Doomsday. Again, Daze looks bad so they probably don't Daze, which is what you want because it actually fucks your day up if any of those first 4 spells get hit. If Doomsday resolves, got to 3 life and pile: LabMan, Probe, Brainstorm, X, X. Cast a brainstorm, hold priority, cast the second brainstorm, keep holding priority, and then crack the LEDs for UUUUUU. Brainstorms resolve, and you end up with Lab Man and Probe in hand. Cast Labman (UUU floating), cast probe (can use life or mana) to draw the final brainstorm, then brainstorm with only 2 cards left in your deck.
>>
>>50553379
Ah man, I hadn't thought about brainstorm with brainstorm on the stack. Interesting stuff. Also, ruling question, you can crack an LED to pay for daze, right? Not that you can before doomsday, otherwise you lose your brainstorms.
>>
>>50553867
As long as you're cracking in response to the daze and not actually while it's resolving, yes.
>>
>>50553379

Why are both Brainstorms necessary? Assuming the LEDs, Ritual, and Doomsday resolved, couldn't you just pay off the Daze with the untapped Blue land (or, for that matter, with one of the LEDs) instead of doubling up?
>>
>>50554164
You need the second brainstorm to draw more than 1 card after cracking the LED's since the opponent's spell snare obviates Ideas Unbound.
>>
>>50554164
because you need to draw two cards (labman and probe) and you have to crack LED's to cast your labman. If you cast one brainstorm and crack LED, you'll find yourself drawing three from and empty hand and putting back two, leaving you with just the man or the probe.
>>
>>50553379

Oh, yeah; you need both Lab Man and Probe. Makes sense.
>>
Here's another Doomsday puzzle to keep your dicks hard and your brains on fire.

Game 2 vs DnT. your opponent has 20 life, no cards in hand, a Spirit of the Labyrinth, a Leonin Arbiter, and a Rest in Peace on board. You are at 2 life, and you have Island, swamp, Volc, and Sea on board, and your hand is Lotus Petal, Ritual, Doomsday, Brainstorm, Lab Maniac. What do you do?
>>
>>50554656
Alright, I might actually be able to solve this one, can it be assumed our opponent has a Plains for Massacre?
>>
>>50555084
yes. Massacre is in your sideboard though. Here's how you sideboarded, if you think it's relevant. -3 Duress, +2 Abrupt Decay, + 1 Void Snare.
>>
>>50554656

We have to Brainstorm during their end step. I don't see any other way to find the cards we're looking for because Spirit stops extra draws, so if we just topdeck we can't do anything.

Brainstorm lets us put back Lab Man and Lotus Petal or Doomsday, which could open us up to some further shenanigans, but we need to get exceedingly lucky by hitting Burning Wish or Abrupt Decay to not die immediately.

How many cards are left in our library?
>>
>>50554656

Wait; would Arbiter plus Doomsday force us to exile our library but prevent us from stacking anything?

If so, that's a lot easier.
>>
>>50556534

(i.e., Petal, Ritual, tap out except for Island for Lab Man, cast Doomsday, pass turn, Brainstorm on their upkeep)
>>
Is there usually not many players on xmage?
>>
File: kek.jpg (53KB, 445x400px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
53KB, 445x400px
>mfw people in this thread ACTUALLY pay hundreds or thousands of dollars on cardboard rectangles
>mfw they will tell me to fuck off because they're assmad they didn't find out about chinamen fakes sooner
Kek
>>
>>50557504
Dude, I'm all for fakes, I use them myself, but you really do nothing but make these threads worse
>>
Enough of all this combo nonsense. What are your favorite/most played fair decks? I just finished acquiring cards for shardless, so I will take that to my shops next weekly, but I was wondering what are the most fun midrange/control strategies?

Delverfags need not reply
>>
Fucking with Doomsday Is Fun: Wizard in a Boggart Forager and make them shuffle their Doomsday stack.
>>
>>50557504
All anybody asks is that you keep your mouth shut and don't get caught.
>>
>>50558076
I like a lot of fair decks, mainly miracles but I dig me some Stone/deathblade, Shardless, and DnT
>>
>>50546416
I got it.
You Play Ritual into DD. Build a Pile of Labman, BS, Git Probe and X, X.
Play both LED. Cast Brainstorm, hold Priority, Cast Brainstorm, and still holding Priority crack your LEDs for UUUUUU. End up with Labman and Probe in hand, which BS being the top card. Play Labman, play probe and then BS to win. They can't disrupt it with daze nor with snare.
>>
>>50553379
>>50558727
God damn, I should have finished reading the thread, but the puzzles get me going. At least I got it right.
>>
>>50556553
>>50556534
Haha yeah you got it. That's a dumb one I thought up at work but it amused me. It's so deceptively simple because it has all the makings if a typical brainstorm pile where you put your wincing back, but really you just need to see the trick.
>>
>>50558076
Is False Cure a fair deck? I mean, it uses creatures and chalice
>>
>>50559465
False cure seems more unfair to me.
>>50558076
Is Pox fair? Everything is symmetrical. Must be fair.
>>
>>50560315
It's by far the fairest. Only one sided effect in the whole thing is lotv -2 or -6
>>
>>50558076
Ever since I picked up Deadguy Ale things have never been the same. After playing combo and aggro decks for so long I got tired and needed a change of pace into midrange and control. Who needs blue duals to have fun, right?
>>
>>50558076
>>50561327
junkblade repeurting in!

SFM and terdogoyf fuck yeah
>>
So I'm trying to get my girlfriend to play legacy. She mostly plays casual now, and really has a ladyboner for hardcasting fat monsters. So I was thinking mono-green 12post since I don't want to spend a ton. Anyone have a list that isn't complete shit, or anyone have any better ideas?
>>
>>50562111
Nic Fit without duals?
>>
>>50562166
I'd thought about nic fit but it seems shitty without the duals. I also thought about a BG nic fit/12 post hybrid but that seemed too off the wall to work.
>>
>>50558076

>tfw fair decks are more expensive than dirty combos
>>
>>50562111
dark ritual into sire of insanity counts as hardcasting, right?
>>
>>50558076
Eldrazi :3
>>
>>50558076
Tezz Prison/Control reporting in. Working on a new brew with Tangle Wire and Smokestack.
>>
File: descarga (3).jpg (14KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (3).jpg
14KB, 263x192px
>>50558076
This thread is claimed for best deck/ quen of the format/ best waifu

>That feel when combofags/Aggrofags don't have a worthy waifu
>>
Where is a good place to buy foreign language cards for relatively cheap?
>>
>>50562990
Reanimator had Elesh Norn who is in fact a superior waifu. DnTfag btfo.
>>
>>50563197
Tru
>>
>>50563197
>Elesh Norn
>not Iona
Get outta my thread
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 223x226px
>>50563660
>angel waifu vs toilet meat waifu
>not choosing toilet meat waifu
>2016
>laughing_elesh_norn.jpg
>>
>>50563794
>As always, tg is shit at waifus
Iona is decent, but elesh norn is full shit taste
>>
File: Image-1.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Don't know why you fellas talking about waifus when you got this sexy man best here. He's clearly way better than all those characters
>>
>>50564117
I know that's you, Esper miracles guy. Elspeth is better and we both know it. Pic very related.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50564117
Most sexy magic man on the right here in pic related.
>>
>>50564164
>Elspeth
>best
Jesus Christ I knows it's bait but holy hell that's such a stupid idea
>>
>>50558076
UR Delver
Sultai Delver
Grixis Delver
Mono-U Delver
Infect
>>
>>50564406
>sultai

just pick up legacy last week eh?
>>
>>50564609
>crying about semantics.
Parents just let you on the Internet for winter break kid?
>>
I just found out a coworker plays magic. Talked to him for a bit but it turns out he's a filthy casual.
>>
>>50564984
Holy hell I know that feel.
>Oh so you've played magic?
>Yeah my friend is a big fan but I play it occasionally
>1 week later
>dude I was watching a tournament and a guy played a land mana card that taps and gets you go into your library and get any mama you want
>evolving wilds? It's not that great compared to fetches...
>No way this one is way better, 1mana on turn 1 doesn't make a difference

Well what else can I expect from a hearthstone player
>>
>>50565042
>tfw turn 1 on hearthstone is actually important and your coworker is seriously bad
>>
>>50564984
Found some edh players. Turns out they run Krenko, Sidisi, and mimeoplasm all with weak/inefficient cards/play (like not properly spinning top or not tapping in response to removal). Throwing together a orzhov stax/prison deck for athreos with legacy staples was pretty funny. And this is the first time I've seen "that guy" in real life. It explains everything about all the stories on here.
>>
>>50558076
high tide
>>
NAME 3 CARDS THAT CAN BE UNBANNED IN LEGACY TODAY AND THE META WOULD BE BETTER FOR IT.

I'll start
>Mana Vault
>Mana Crypt
>tolarian academy

>b-but affinity would be too strong
wouldn't be faster than belcher, or more consistent, or not folding to force or wasteland.
>>
>>50565090
He was pretty good at hearthstone but he had a hard time grasping the similarities it had with magic
>>
File: LOL.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>50565252

It's pretty much Magic without combo decks or blocking.

>>50565160

Still prompting concessions with my 5-color Atogatog/Living Death deck. Even in games I end up losing.
>>
>>50537418
That's awesome anon. I got myself a aether vial to complete my playset today.

and a blighsteel colossus, enlightened tutor, mystical tutor, vampiric tutor and isochron scepter for my edh deck.
>>
>>50565403
>no combo decks

why even play?
>>
>>50565403
But it has a few combos, they're just hard to make and not really viable except for one or two.
>>
>tfw probably gonna play death and taxes after christmas

I wish I could afford original duals just so I can play my favorite archtype, reanimator, but oh well.

Good deck choice for my first legacy deck or nah?
>>
>>50565246
wtf? those are retarded. 3 actually safe unbans are earthcraft, mind twist, and frantic search. I would also like to see mystical tutor, mind's desire, and survival unbanned, but those are even less likely
>>
>>50565482
BR reanimator is cheaper than death and taxes though
>>
>tfw decided to build Eldrazi Tron modern and slowly buy the pieces for Eldrazi Stompy

The deck looks really fun, and brutal in Legacy. I figured it'd be a good choice for a field full of Delver and Miracles, but kinda bad against Sneak and Tell. It's also surprisingly cheap if you don't buy the Cities.
>>
>>50565525
Oh, it is? Is BR actually viable?
>>
>>50565508
why are they retarded?

I would also like mind's desire unbanned but that is not happening ever because blizzard, sorry Wizards hates fun.
>>
>>50565246
>Mana Vault/Crypt
Not sure about these, fast mana is always a risky proposition.
>Academy
As a Tezz player I would love this, but it would probably push Chalice decks too much.

Here's mine:
>Mind twist

>Memory jar

>Dig Through Time
>>
>>50532330
>Been kind of sad lately. Realizing that Magic is recieving less and less players around here, I live in Phoenix, AZ. Theres barely a legacy scene at all here anymore and even Modern is dying slowly it seems.

Is it just people not playing the game anymore?

DESU the Legacy scene near me died but I'm working to bring it back, one player at a time. Sucks cause the only other Legacy player has lands which is not the best matchup for Grixis Delver but idgaf, it's fun
>>
>>50565612
Ban chalice, free us from this unfun shit and the cancerous eldrazi.

>Mind's desire

>Frantic search

>Necropotence
>>
>>50565623
of course it died, no one wants to play 4 miracle matches in a 12 people tournament.
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 640x1136px
>>50564164
>>
>>50565540
It has its moments, loses access to FoW, Daze and Brainstorm but it's still a solid and remarkably cheap Legacy deck.
>>
>>50565540
br is the flavor of the month deck right now, it trades speed for resiliency compared to UB, but it has been putting up more results recently
>>
>>50565543
do you really not realize how strong mana crypt is? it is a 0 mana artifact that not only adds 2 mana this turn, but two mana on every other turn as well. Any deck with spells that require at least 2 generic would play 4 of them. Decks like eldrazi/mud/stax would get even more insane. Storm gets another (free) ritual. It is a sompletely broken card. crypt probably isnt quite as good, but it can put you up 3 mana on the following turn. artifact fast mana cards are probably the most powerful in the game
>>
>>50565947
Thank you, I appreciate that
>>
>>50566105
I completely understand. 2 mana dor nothing would make it a must for a lot of decks making the meta faster all together and permitting combo to take a bigger portion of the format.

Tbh fuck people who play shitty delver decks. You came to play legacy and you chose to win the game pinging with a 3 power flyer for 7 turns? Do you hate fun?
>>
>>50565751
>of course it died, no one wants to play 4 miracle matches in a 12 people tournament.

Wew

Yeah I can see why. That sucks man.

I'm not an advocate for banning things, so I'd like to see them unban Dig Through Time instead. Miracles had a tough time against a lot of the decks playing DTT due to the high mana cost, and didn't fill up the GY fast to use it as well.

>>50566739
>Delver sucks
>Unban Mind's Desire
>Unban Mana Crypt
>Unban Mana Crypt
>Unban Tolarian Academy

Go play Vintage then faggot

Then I can proceed to beat you down with 3 mana 2/2's with an army of 1/1s
>>
>>50566843
I know this must cause moxed feelings but those posts both belong to the same person
>>
>>50566876
>I know this must cause moxed feelings but those posts both belong to the same person

Not at all, they're about different things.

It sucks that your Legacy tournament was canceled but doesn't mean we just start unbanning stuff that's limited to one-ofs in Vintage. My 2 cents
>>
>>50566997
I know you are right deep down. I just dislike the lack of non creature combo decka and lack of combo decks in general. I would play vintage but there is no one in my LGS. Most people play edh or standard.
>>
>>50567077
>Storm wins.
>sneak and show wins
Anon, literally what?
>>
>>50567143
Storm yes. Sneak and show uses lelmrakul and jizzlbrand. Both creatures.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-03-10-44-52~2.jpg (152KB, 1440x765px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-03-10-44-52~2.jpg
152KB, 1440x765px
>>50567191
>I win the game buttons.
>essentially just vanilla beaters because they say "creature" in the type line.
Anon, did you not get breastfed enough as an infant? Because these levels of literal autism are concerning.
>>
>>50567191
what other non-creature combo decks do you want? They have to win somehow, and the most efficient card to do that is tendrils of agony. Plus there is belcher, oops, ddft, high tide, SI, etc. the only "creatureless" vintage combo is storm as well. Besides, the legacy meta probably has a greater portion of combo than vintage does.
>>
>>50567408
Hey man i play tide. Its slow and not really viable. Whatever i get your point. There is no reason we should sit here and discuss my personal preferences.
>>
>>50566739
Well if Legacy is cheaper people would probably play more different decks. I bet you complain about Eldrazi.
>>
>>50567813
You bet eldrazi is even more cancer.
>>
>>50567879
At the end of the day if Legacy was cheaper you'll get more variety. Many people know it's a good format but won't come due to the price. Eldrazi is recent and pretty cheap and delver is simple to build like burn (which I guess you don't have any problem).
>>
reminder that MtG has no reason to be as expensive as it currently is other than pure greed.
>>
>>50567350
I agree with him, for what it's worth. Just for the sake of the 'tism though.

Me and the lads play a format that's just Legacy, but with an additional rule where if a creature would enter the battlefield, it's exiled instead (rather than just banning creatures, I'm fine with stuff like Faerie Macabre and Survival of the Fittest to fuel DTT). It's fairly interesting, I'd play Storm variant matches all day every day if I had the chance.
>>
>>50567945
The duals for delver and the forces still cost a fortune. Well honestly i just dislike the creature powercreep. That is all.variety will not happen in lieu of viability. People wont start playing standard decks with duals and forces thrown in legacy just because they are fun. The format is largely solved the only thing that changes is that it becomes more and more creature focused.
>>
>>50564164
Shes dead
>>
>>50568001
Thanks!
>>
>>50568102
even better
>>
>>50564984
Give him a doomsday puzzle and if he can't solve it find a new job. Not worth working with casuals, they'll just drag you down. Next thing you know you'll be playing with dual decks.
>>
>>50565403
>without combo decks
Miracle says hi.
>>
>>50565459
Well there's miracle rogue, which is kinda like Cheerios but spell based. Also, given the whole no counterspells thing there's not hate for it to fold to.
>>
>>50568643
I am still waiting for a top ban. It will be hilarious. What are all the delusions of grandeur hipsters going to play ??
>>
>>50568681
They'd sooner ban the actual miracle cards than top. Top is used in a bunch of other decks whereas the miracles cards aren't
>>
>>50568787
Counterbalance then
>>
File: 1479428933554.png (28KB, 726x499px) Image search: [Google]
1479428933554.png
28KB, 726x499px
>>50568787
I agree that that would be the best move, but unfortunately their record is pretty poor.

Even though I play Elves, I really hope Top remains legal, because it's cool and fun to use. The kind of cards that are just one-card engines are just so neat, Top/Loam/Paradoxical Outcome in Vintage etc.

I also don't think they'll ban Counterbalance. Countertop has been a staple of Legacy since the start, and it should remain that way. Ideally there is always a Tier 1 control deck viable, and Countertop is the best way to facilitate that in a format as powerful and diverse as Legacy.

Terminus, however, can eat a dick. It's not fun, it doesn't have history, it's not interesting. Miracles would still be a deck without Terminus, but nonblue creature decks would be viable again.

But knowing WotC they just ban top and unban Earthcraft; fine by me I guess, it might be fun to play the best deck for a while.
>>
>>50568948
>unban earthcraft

Can you imagine ? Suddenly 20% elf meta and its now a consistent turn 1 deck
>>
Is B/R reanimator a meme?
>>
File: 1480212747748.png (907KB, 920x3404px) Image search: [Google]
1480212747748.png
907KB, 920x3404px
>>50569029
You still can't turn 1 and you don't play 4. It's not that insane because it makes Glimpse worse if you play lots of noncreature spells.

Notably it only untaps basics, if that's what you're thinking of. It's just a 2-mana enchantment Heritage Druid, which the deck already only runs 3 of. I'd probably play 1 main 1 side or something. I was just using it as an example of something that buffs elves a tiny bit which, if combined with no miracles, makes it easily the best deck again.

Enchantress becomes viable though which is fun.

>>50569062
Deck is real. I used to play TES a lot but I switched. There is no reason to play a TES/Tin Fins when Eldrazi is around; the increased speed you get from B/R (while losing none of your discard) is what you want. Don't play Sire of Insanity; people still haven't realized it's bad. Legacy is small enough you can tune your 2 flex creature slots for your local meta if necessary.
>>
>>50569129
>Deck is real. I used to play TES a lot but I switched. There is no reason to play a TES/Tin Fins when Eldrazi is around; the increased speed you get from B/R (while losing none of your discard) is what you want. Don't play Sire of Insanity; people still haven't realized it's bad. Legacy is small enough you can tune your 2 flex creature slots for your local meta if necessary.

thx senpai, it seems it's also a budget deck compared to what legacy decks usually cost, I may buy into it
>>
File: 1479480243486.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
1479480243486.png
191KB, 419x398px
>>50569186
I'd recommend it for sure.

An anecdote on howI feel about the deck: I'm playing for duals this weekend in the Top 8 of a 3-month-long Legacy league at my college. Full proxies are allowed, I could play absolutely anything I want. BR Reanimator is probably what I will play even with this freedom: I think slamming Chancellors of the Annex and T1 Griselbrands is simply the best thing to be doing in a mostly nonblue fair meta.
>>
>>50569249
Also I'm seeing some lists SBing blood moons, is it worth it in legacy?
>>
>>50569289
It is devastating for most decks if it lands.
>>
>>50569129
Sire of insanity is hella good t1. Granted it's weaker than everything else after turn 2-3, but unless they topdeck land into swords, its hard to lose on the play.
>>
>>50565623
There's a burn player in West Valley and I'm building dredge (possibly oops) in Tempe
>>
>>50567077
>I would play vintage but there is no one in my LGS.

That's a tough one, MTGO has a thriving online community from what I hear, look up "themanadrain". Some friends and I have some unpowered vintage lists we play around with, it still ends up being fun.

Regarding non creature combo decks, I always wondered if there was a Legacy version of Modern Scapeshift that could be run
>>
Anyone playing Affinity?
>>
>>50570856
Affinity is in an unfortunate position where it is a) not very good and b) very expensive due to Gaea's Cradle.
>>
File: Poxfeb2015.jpg (2MB, 3456x1946px) Image search: [Google]
Poxfeb2015.jpg
2MB, 3456x1946px
>>50571068
the ol' 12-post conundrum.
>>
>>50571068
gaea's cradle?
in affinity?
>>
>>50571103
Yes, it's fucking nuts m8. You don't see it much because Affinity only sees play as a budget deck, but Cradle in the deck full of 0, 1, and 2 drops that wants to dump its hand as fast as possible is pretty stronk.
>>
>>50571068
I wasn't aware that Affinity played Cradle, every list I've seen uses almost entirely artifact lands.
>>
>>50571091
that's not 12 post
???
>>
File: StompyDec2015.jpg (2MB, 3456x1946px) Image search: [Google]
StompyDec2015.jpg
2MB, 3456x1946px
>>50571145
Its another deck suffering from expensive pieces leading into a not so great end result. I'm just posting decks Ive had over time to see if other people like the lists.
>>
>>50571223
they're spicy lists but there are a couple thousand flavors of subpar decks in legacy that can still occasionally put out. so whats the point i guess.
>>
>>50571091
pox isn't that expensive. sub-1000 if you get non-fancy factories.
more than i can say for quite a few modern decks.
>>
>>5055750 (You)
reported. stay out of our comfy thread. daily reminder nobody likes you
>>
File: Miracles.jpg (1MB, 3409x2390px) Image search: [Google]
Miracles.jpg
1MB, 3409x2390px
>>50571307
I guess the point is that I believed someone on the internet without checking a source. Affinity doesn't have 12post syndrome, its like 500-600 to build.

the subpar thing is the price of entry to legacy. Decks like 12post and blood moon stompy are fine and have great matchups in the tier 1 lists but its still a ton of money for most people.

>>50571333
That must be why I remember it being expensive to build. That and wastelands were still 80$ and sinkholes were still ~60
>>
>>50571480
d&t isn't bad either though and it's a top tier deck, at least right now. i was looking into building it from almost scratch not long ago, and it was only like 850$.
>>
File: MGS.png (9KB, 210x327px) Image search: [Google]
MGS.png
9KB, 210x327px
>>50571610
I have a hard time getting my point across sometimes. Price can really be a limiting factor in legacy. 12post syndrome is what i call decks that have a price point way above the quality of the deck itself. 12post is a deck with 4 entries on mtgtop8 for this year, priced from 2400-3000. Death and Taxes is a great deck that has tons of placements for a third of the price. You can tell me all day long that 12post might be more fun for someone but most people arnt going to drop an extra 2000 if the deck isnt that great.

I originally brought it up because someone said affinity is bad but expensive. Then looking up lists I found its just the modern deck with Tezzeret and artifact lands.

One of the guys I play with a ton plays D&T. It looks really fun.

pic is a super bad brew. I own it and its sleeved but its just so terrible I never put a pic together.
>>
>>50571091
man OG sinkhole is a pretty card.
>>
>>50571804
People playing affinity with the artifact lands or either budget players or ignorant. Any good affinity lists I have seen in the past run ancient tomb and city of traitors so they can chalice turn one. But now that eldrazi exists Affinity is just a worse version of eldrazi.
>>
File: 1458018987266.png (224KB, 577x249px) Image search: [Google]
1458018987266.png
224KB, 577x249px
Do any of you guys show up to tourneys with shitbrews just to beat kids who paid out the ass but can't pilot their netdecks?

I want pictures. Pictures of shitbrews.
>>
>>50571895
Someone get the Lich deck in here, I know we have pictures of it.
>>
>>50571938
>>50571895
Oh fug I've beaten a few people with nourishing lich. Let me see if I have a picture.
>>
>>50572075

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nourishing-lich-2k16/
>>
>>50571895
shitbrews are called shitbrews for a reason
you'll win when you're playing a lot better than the opponent and lucky.
>>
what's your opinion on Lim-Dul's Vault? I remembered that it's legal in legacy while messing with an edh deck. it sees surprising little use considering it basically functions as painful demonic tutor, and most you're ever paying is 11, which is fine in most matchups and not very likely.
>>
>>50572182
I think it's great when you need to find an answer to something, as a 1 of in a Delver deck or something. I'm playing 1 in my Grixis Delver deck. I had a game a while ago vs Elves where I EoT Lim-Dul's until I found Bonfire and miracled it to wipe the Elves board, it was sweet.
>>
>>50572182
Fantastic card, I love it to death. Problem is if you're digging for combos and only get one of the pieces or two but missing the third, it really sucks to keep digging.
>>
>>50572182
It's really good imo. I like it in ANT a lot and I'm starting to like it in miracles, being able to find the perfect set up for the next turns or using it as a Counterspell if counter balance is on the field
>>
>>50572460
what's your miracles list looking like?
>>
>>50572460
It's a shuffle effect but other than that it's not that great. It doesn't draw you a card when you need it, though it can set up some good turns. However, Top does that job just fine. IIRC you're only playing 1 and fun-ofs aren't too useful, especially if they're durdle cards.
>>
>>50572707
Let me add: Predict would be better since it's 1) less mana intensive and 2) would actually get you CA
>>
>>50532330
Huh, East valley scene is growing like crazy, at least according to DSG's massive expansion plans
>>
>>50571480
Where did you get your fakes?
>>
>>50572716
Don't like predict, haven't liked it a whole lot at all actually. It's too much of a tempo card and it can't set up like vault can. That being said I still play a copy MB and I'm still not sure if vault is even good. Once I get my laptop up and running I'm gonna play the fuck out of it on Xmage.
>>
File: 1400286704288.jpg (55KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
1400286704288.jpg
55KB, 500x594px
>>50531548
is anyone willing to give me a link to yhe china man that makes cards . I love magic I'm 35 , been back in game since khans . I sold all my stuff years ago. prices are way to high. I just want to play legacy and don't have 3.000+ just for the land

please held a bro
>>
>>50573042
Yea I'm not a fan of Predict either. Let me know when you get your laptop up and running I'd be more than happy to test with you.
>>
>>50572182

Sadly, doesn't let you draw a card. If it did...

>>50571480

>Decks like 12post and blood moon stompy are fine and have great matchups in the tier 1 lists

They really don't, though. Death and Taxes (the best shitty deck ever, except that it still doesn't splash Green for Zenith and Teeg because people are stupid) is excellent against strategies like that, and plenty of other decks (going all the way to "tier 3") can shrug them off. It's like when people say that Miracles can't be beaten, and someone shows up with Dredge and stomps it to fuck with triggers—not spells, but tiggers. And then they board in Iona.

Yeah, Blood Moon is a reasonable card, and paying 12 mana for Cthulhu is fine, but getting Charbelched on turn 2 (or Balustrade Spied/Tendrilsed) on turn 1 is real.
>>
>>50573045
You should be able to find them pretty easily but look for black core cards if you want them to look real.
>>
>>50573268
Why would you want them to look real? They're supposed to be used for casual play only duhhhhhhhh. GTFO if you think you're entitled to play sanctioned Legacy even if you can't afford it.
>>
>>50573176
but death and taxes splashing green is already a deck, its called maverick
>>
>>50573045
leddit has a good sub for it, bootlegmtg i think
>>
>>50573297

>>50571307

This. You really don't need The Thouands to play the format. It's funny to me that only one of the most expensive decks is "top-tier."
>>
>>50573045
>>50573045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gogMEOHBwdI
>>
>>50573316

Maverick goes really far into green to a point that isn't really necessary because it slows down the deck and doesn't provide appreciable benefits outside Gaddock.

DRS is nice, but I don't think a quad is necessary when you gain so much out of GSZs and a singleton Teeg,

Eight Thalias? Really?
>>
>>50573436
Yes, please use these exact fakes so I can call a judge on your ass and get you banned from MTG.

They're pretty obvious.
>>
>>50573523
I don't actually own any, just posting because everyone buys from this guy apparently.

I guess everything is pretty bad, but fetches are supposedly spot on.
>>
>>50573112
Will do, it's a minor problem I'm just super fucking lazy.

Since your also a miracles player, what do you think the SB should be most geared to fight? I've been leaning too much on dredge and combo and not sure if I should include a containment priest or move up to 2 disenchant

For reference my SB is
1x Ethersworn Canonist
2x thoughtseize
2x surgical extraction
1x Rest in peace
1x moat
1x notion thief
1x back to basics
1x entreat the angels
1x disenchant
1x flusterstorm
1x nihil spell bomb
1x kambal, consul of allocation
1x leyline of sanctity
>>
>>50573523
I guess magic is a rich mans game now, how sad
>>
>>50573745
I wasn't aware being poor granted you the right to play a HOBBY. I want a Porsche, I can't afford a Porsche. I'm not going to go out and buy a kit car and pretend like it's a Porsche.
>>
>>50573779
i'm not poor I just can't see paying over a grand for a set of lands
>>
>>50573729
My SB in UWr is:

1 Priest
1 Moat
2 Mentor
1 RIP
2 FStorm
1 Blood Moon
3 PBlast
1 Meddling Mage
2 Wear/Tear
1 KReturn

In the current meta SnS, DnT, Eldrazi, and Grixis Delver are the most represented IMO. So a SB should contain:

1-2 Priest
0-1 Moat or Ensnaring Bridge (Bridge is really only if you expect a LOT of SnS)
0-2 Mentor (if none MD)
2-3 FStorm (Storm will always be a thing, plus it's the best counter for a counter war)
1-2 nonbasic hate (Blood Moon or B2B or From The Ashes <– that last one I think is garbage because it costs more mana and sometimes just does nothing i.e. if your opponent has so many lands that makes casting this attractive, then chances are you're losing that game anyway)
2 Wear/Tear
1-2 KReturn

So that takes up 7 SB slots. Everything else can be at your discretion.
>>
>>50573779
Why are magic player such elitists. The worst part about the game is the shame culture. I don't mind the bad hygiene and over wait people . I's snob like you I can't stand
>>
>>50573815
Then don't. That's your prerogative. However, the alternative is NOT to go and buy fake cards. That just kills the game.
>>50573857
Wah wah wah woe is you, never having learned the value of hard work, always thinking you deserve something for nothing while everyone else worked their asses off for it.
>>
>>50573523
some are yeah, but when you are playing a game you arent examining your opponents cards to see if they are real. double-sleeved, across the table, nobody can tell. I have taken them to scg opens and gps and nobody has said a word, they have even passed deck checks

besides, even if you call a judge and they decide they are fake, you can always use the "but i paid 2 grand for those!!! i was ripped off!!!" and so nothing happens
>>
>>50573847
Is the kozilek's return for DnT? If so I'm just gonna play massacre instead. I've been on the wall for a priest but maybe I'll drop my EtA for one. Probably go up a disenchant and flusterstorm for something else but I'll figure that out later. Thanks for the help.

On another note do you think Gideon could be used at all? I've seen a couple decks (mainly japanese) that have a gideon on the board but I'm not entirely sure where I'd want him
>>
>>50573880
>besides, even if you call a judge and they decide they are fake, you can always use the "but i paid 2 grand for those!!! i was ripped off!!!" and so nothing happens
>Actually giving instructions on how to violate the integrity of the game
Wow get that shit out of this comfy thread please and back into the Modern shithole.
>>
>>50573871
most legacy/vintage players have had their cards since they were teens. The reserve list is what is killing older format. I will get fakes, and their getting better every day. The over priceing is whats killing the game.
>>
>>50573902
Oh right, you're in Esper. Yea Massacre gets the job done in that case.

I don't like non-Jace walkers in this current format. He's pretty cute, and what does he really do against decks you'd bring him in against that another, cheaper CMC card can't do already?
>>
>>50571091
List?
>>
>>50573956
I'm not really a big fan of jace right now, I just find he's better FoW fodder a lot of the time. I really want to see another really good walker for legacy, thinking a solid 3 mana white walker that could be used in a multitude of decks but that'll never happen
>>
>>50573939
what "integrity"?

some ridiculous price gate that does nothing but keep new people out? or are you just ass blasted that my $3 cardboard can beat your $3000 cardboard?
>>
>>50574103
That's why I only play 2, and most people have cut down to 2 as well. When he resolves, if you can untap with him you're already super ahead and your percentages of winning that game go up a LOT. I'd rather have him and not need him (aka pitch to FoW) than not have him and need him (aka I *really* need that 4 mana Brainstorm). Often a 4 mana Brainstorm can pull you back into the game (if you can't find the 1 mana one).
>>
>>50574150
>my $3 cardboard can beat your $3000 cardboard
LMAO 4/10 got me to have a giggle. You probably still suck at whatever deck you've counterfeited.
>>
>>50574157
Yeah definetley feel the same way, he's good when he lands and you untaps, and I'd rather have him to pitch and still have him when I need him. I do play 2 as well, don't think playing less or more is an intelligent idea.
>>
New thread >>50574233 >>50574233 >>50574233
>>
>>50574179
whatever you need to tell yourself, bud. but eventually, fakes are going to be indistinguishable from the real deal, and at that point one of two things will happen: prices will plummet, or wizards will reprint the cards and prices will plummet. then we will be on equal footing, the only difference is I still have my $3000
>>
>>50574258
Scenario 3: people with fakes realize they can defraud people and start listing them for sale for the same price as real cards (we're already seeing such unscrupulous people pulling scams like this on eBay so don't try to tell me it's not happening). No one buys any RL cards anymore because they're worried they're going to pay $200 for a fake. Eternal formats die because there is no player growth, and the existing playerbase eventually ages out. WotC drops all Eternal support because they can't allow the sanctioning of Eternal events due to the threat of many fakes being present in the room and sanctioning such an event (one that allows fakes) would be a violation of their DCI code of conduct.
>>
>>50574314
This is what is going to truly happen. But there won't be an official announcement. The stores and TOs will just treat eternal formats as radioactive waste due to neglect (like it is now) and the community will naturally shun the formats. The spokesmen like Buehler and LSV, who refuse to say anything about card prices, who praise eternal have already shown that the only way this is going to happen is on MTGO.

Yunno, all I want is to play my card game. In person. With real people and not pretend people on the Internet.

Online variants of paper games are a fucking social mistake.
>>
>>50568102
But she's not. She's coming back from the Underworld as a Champion of Light in Amonkhet. Screencap this.
>>
>>50574888
All Elspeth really wanted was to rest and have tea-time in peace. Bant was a good place for that, until it was no longer Bant but an amalgamation of the other planes.

I'd like to think that she's just going to stay in the underworld being a zombie because it would be peaceful; seriously who would fuck with her. Leave the fucking Godslayer be, the other inhabitants would say.

If they brought back Elspeth they should keep her mono-white, she's as static a character as Chandra. She's not the sort of person who would be affected by stuff like that. She survived imprisonment by Phyrexians, the underworld would be a cakewalk.

When they come to rescue her she'll be all Adam Jensen like, "I didn't ask for this".
>>
>>50573871
>That just kills the game.
Circumventing the secondary market doesn't kill the game at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>50571895
pictures of shitbrews, you say? I've only played this on xmage, but so far I've stomped shardless and infect, and bug delver repeatedly.
>>
>>50573176
i personally don't splash green because i don't have that many open slots, and don't care much about teeg b/c of sanctum prelate at this point. additionally i don't want to have to deal with paying for fetches and duals.
>>
>>50573368
to be fair i already have a couple hundred towards d&t so it'd be a thousand if i already didn't have a vial, 2 caverns, sfm, jitte, and sword.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.