[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 69

File: 1480351263167.jpg (437KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
1480351263167.jpg
437KB, 1280x982px
Bitter expectations for legions supplement edition.

>Previous General
>>50497671

>>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
>>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
>>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>The Black Library (MAKE SURE TO TIP CLOWNS 10%):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
>>
first for reprinting shit from a week ago GW
>>
>csm got a reprint of formations, just like AoD
>haven't even seen the decurions
>already bitching
>>
third for Tau
>>
>>50502039
Remove fish
>>
>still no Iron Warriors Basilisk rules
>all Word Bearers and Alpha Legion will get for fluffy core formations, are a generic warband or a bunch of cultists with a dark apostle

I feel decimated already
>>
anyone have a link to planetary onslaught? I see you can buy trees and ruins for 10-20 points. Does that mean you can finally use those forest rules for tyranids on a regular basis? or does it eat up your 1 fortification slot for CAD for 1 copse piece.
>>
File: Onager_Battle.jpg (309KB, 657x548px) Image search: [Google]
Onager_Battle.jpg
309KB, 657x548px
>>50501980
We reclaim this thread in the name of the Omnissiah and the CRAB TAAAANK!!!
>>
>>50502049
If you are playing any of those legions and you haven't moved over to 30k, now might be the time.
>>
>>50502034
not suprised, when the last ork codex came out, literally like a week later the white dwarf came out had looted wagon data slate that wasnt in the codex. i love GW models and game, but their rule releases are fucking atrocious
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Codex-Supplement-Traitor-Legions-Softback-ENG
>exclusive Detachment for each of the 9 Traitor Legions
Maybe not all is lost. There is yet hope.
>>
File: 5283568324.png (744KB, 866x542px) Image search: [Google]
5283568324.png
744KB, 866x542px
On this note of CSM formations, how would it look to try to max out the basic 1k sons core for the reroll 1's benefits?

Min cost for the maxed out core is 1540.

Thats 3 sorcerers 1 exalted sorcerer, 5 min sized Rubrics and 5 barebones Scarab terminator squads. Throw in a barebones pred and we meet the detatchment

1615 minimum points to max out the formation with the aux attatched, leaving 235 points of upgrades in a 1850 list. So an artefact for the exalt sorc and maybe an extra level, and some weapons for the squads. Honestly looking at it its 14 Warp Charges minimum and up to 18 or so if the points get shilled for the sorcs.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50502058
>LOBSTER TRANSPORT TANK WHEN!?
>>
>>50501980
>all world eater, emperors children and death guard formations will require a sacred number total of units to get maximum benefit
>>
>>50502078
>Fear the Batmen: All models in a Night Lords detachment have the Fear special rule.
>Murderers, not Warriors: All models in a Night Lords detachment suffer a -2 penalty to their Leadership when attempting to Rally.
>>
>>50502107
>all world eater, emperors children and death guard formations will require a MEME number total of units to get maximum benefit

Ftfy
>>
>>50501980
>all iron warrior formations will require a warpsmith

>all word bearer formations will require possessed
>>
>>50502094
NOT FUCKING SOON ENOUGH!!!
>>
>>50502139

>all word bearer formations will require possessed

please no, just, no
>>
>>50502127
Thanks
>>
>>50502116
That's what really pisses me off about all these CSM reprints and rehashes.

It's not hard to make simple changes to what they give us to make it actually worthwhile. They clearly don't give a shit, and no number of homoerotic youtube clips will make up for shitty rules and a design deathspiral.
>>
>The model release this week is lake town house

Okay but aren't there even less LotR players than there are AoS players?
>>
>>50502115
>suffer a -2 penalty to their Leadership when attempting to Rally.
>Not flat out old phase out rule for Necrons
>lose a couple of units
>the rest of the army escapes
I want this for both NL and WB
>>
Fabulous Bill: Primogenitor link, pdf or something?
>>
How annoying used to be Fish of Fury compared to other chessy tactics of its time?
>>
How soon could we get a Traitor Legion epub?
>>
>all world eater formations will get the benefit from rage and furious charge at no additional cost
>>
>>50501811

Cult of Destructon, Helforged Warpack Heldrake Terror Pack and Daemon Engine Pack are Iron Warriors as, lore wise, all of the units that would go into those are ones they quite possibly have the most of out of any of the Traitor Legions.

Fist of the Gods too as they have many Vindicators.

Possibly Trinity of Blood (Daemon Engines), Terminator Annihilation Force (Chosen use to be one of their big units in the lore) and the Lost and the Damned (they enjoy throwing chaff into the enemies guns).
>>
>>50502203
IIRC back then you couldn't assault Skimmers, yet skimmers blocked charges.

So imagine a shooty unit nigh immune to charges.
>>
>>50502222
8 hours according to your numbers.
>>
>>50502251

you could assault them, but only hit them on 6s. the important part was that they blocked charges but not line of sight for shooting.
>>
>>50502251
Shooting under skimmers

Enemy not allowed Within 1 inch of any part

Took two turns to get around the fish while being rapid fired

Literally better to stand still and shoot and hope for good dice
>>
File: 1408137817998.jpg (68KB, 490x325px) Image search: [Google]
1408137817998.jpg
68KB, 490x325px
>>50502115
>>Fear the Batmen: All models in a Night Lords detachment have the Fear special rule.
>>
>>50502183
Considering how good that house is for general fantasy terrain, I don't particularly care.

Though I do wish it didn't have the nets molded onto the sides.
>>
>>50502222
10th december.
But soon we will have Wrath of Magnus.
>>
Hey TG, give me input on my 1500 points AM all comers list

Company Command Squad
-carapace, medkit, vox, 2 plasmaguns
-officer of the fleet
-nork deddog
-commander with carapace & camo cloak
-chimera with camo netting

Tempestus platoon
-command squad with 3 meltas, vox, plasma pistol on the Prime

-scion squad with 8 scions, vox, 2 meltas

Infantry platoon
-infantry squad with vox
-infantry squad with vox
-command squad with vox and 3 grenade launchers
-heavy weapon squad with 3 autocannons

Veteran squad
-vox, 2 meltas, heavy flamer, carapace
-chimera with camo netting

Basilisk
-camo netting and enclosed crew compartment

Leman Russ Vanquisher
-camo netting and hull-mounted lascannon

Enginseer
-3 servitors

Ministorum Priest

Sanctioned Psyker
-mastery level 2
>>
File: 1438996117923.png (562KB, 683x642px) Image search: [Google]
1438996117923.png
562KB, 683x642px
>>50502317

>voxes everywhere
>>
>haven't bought any supplements because nothing looked cool enough to warrant the money
>I can now get all of it plus more for £20
Sick desu senpai
>>
>>50502317
What is your win condition?

Honestly, seems like a bad list. You dont have enough focus.
>>
>>50501980
why is the sister in this pic so brolike with this csm scum?
>>
I want more female models in the game.
I'm the last person to go "muh progressiveness" but it would be neat to have a female Commissar, Inquisitor, etc. Something that fits, instead of being hamfisted, for varietys sake.
>>
>>50502368
Women ruin everything.
>>
File: Droppod not included.png (235KB, 897x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Droppod not included.png
235KB, 897x1029px
Program doesnt have lucius pods so add one of those for the remaining 50 points.

Running Wolves Unleashed so have the potential to outflank in some units in addition to drop podding in the leviathan and grey hunters.
Thoughts?

Also anyone know how much of a difference in size there is between a normal drop pod and the forgeworld dreadnought one, when opened up at least?
>>
>>50502342
not him, but dont vox's let your guys get orders no matter where they are on the table? thats a good thing isnt it?
>>
>>50502342
I've found voxes to have saved my bacon a few times. I take it the consensus is that they're not useful?

>>50502351
I dunno. Kill the whatever I have in front of me, have some units on objective and some units on the other guys.

This is why I'm asking for input.
>>
>>50502368
It's an Alpha Legion. She probably doesn't even know he's a Traitor.
>>
>>50502183
Looks like nice general use terrian what's there to complain about?
>>
>>50502368
Everyone loves a horny bad boy
>>
File: rumour-1.jpg (87KB, 1000x1149px) Image search: [Google]
rumour-1.jpg
87KB, 1000x1149px
I haven't been in the thread for a few days.
Did we figure out what this was already?
>>
>>50502427
they allow re-rolls of order rolls, not an increase in range
>>
>>50502385
More likely to get them in a multi model box. Unless you can sell twice as many, it's not great from a sales standpoint to double down on single characters.
>>
>>50502457
its the keys to the Emperor's new Lamborghini he keeps in his garage
>>
>>50502457
yea, a hand clutching some keys.
>>
File: Witch_Hunter_Inquisitor.gif (22KB, 374x205px) Image search: [Google]
Witch_Hunter_Inquisitor.gif
22KB, 374x205px
>>50502385
Weak b8 m8

There has been female Inquisitor models since AT LEAST Witchhunter / Daemonhunter (3rd edition)

Granted Inquisition don't have ANY plastic models.
>>
>>50502494

They don't look very kawaii
>>
So every unit can take objectives (even shit like tanks, daemon engines and HQs), but if an enemy unit with ObjSec is within 12" of it, that objective is controlled by the enemy unless destroyed or removed from that range. Is this correct?
>>
>>50502494
I wasn't baiting, you fucking mong.
Don't pretend like you can buy those nowadays anywhere other than eBay.
>>
>>50502529
>12"
Only if they contest, so 3"
>>
File: 99 seconds in paint.jpg (40KB, 824x580px) Image search: [Google]
99 seconds in paint.jpg
40KB, 824x580px
>>50502418
A lucius pod is 4 and a half inches wide when shut, and about 11 inches wide when open measuing from the edge of an open door to the space in between the other two doors past the outer hull. A regular drop pod is a bit smaller, I think
>>
>>50502457
Arm on a sprue
>>
>>50502049
Nigga I played with the Hallowed 3.5 Chaos dex and cheesier-than-camembert IW players were the reason CSM players were reviled for a while.

Four Heavy Support slots spamming pie plates, Obliterators and six man squads with lascannon & plasma made a formidable gunline tougher than "dedicated" shooty armies.

I still shake with anger when I recall condescending smugness of the powergaming That Guy at my FLGS telling 15 year old me that my fluffy assault oriented WE was "playing CSM wrong" and how his army was how "the designers intended the codex to be played".
Probably didn't help that the fucker nearly tabled me minutes before and couldn't stop bragging about how his WS2 Defiler had squished my freshly painted Kharn with some bullshit lucky rolls...
>>
>>50502317

your CCS WILL die I hardly ever give them upgrades other than the plasma guns, so i'd drop med kit and nork, keep em in the chimera if they are out of it they are dead anyway.

Throw plasmas on the vets, throw autocannons in the inf. squads. Drop the GLs on command squad, more plasma. don't really use scions, but take as much melta in them and drop em to pop stuff I guess. With so much camo netting I would grab an aegis and abuse cover saves for the vehicles.

My guard list just bunkers down behind the aegis and tries to survive the fight. I have found autocannons are pretty solid, combine the squads for a big blob with the priest and psyker for a fearless 4+ invuln mega blob, maybe add another squad if you can for more bodies. Priests are worth the points to take as many as you can.

keep the basilisk nearby for prescience from psyker, might want another psyker.
>>
>>50502481
why is he dangling those keys so seductively? is there some thotty sisters of silence somewhere watching?
>>
>>50502555
>Four Heavy Support slots spamming pie plates

IW were allowed 1 basilisk and 1 vindicator. Not really spamming anything there.
>>
>>50502555
What army does he play now?
>>
>>50502542
shit so guess substituting a normal pod in is out of the question then
>>
>>50502385
wargameexclusive dot com
female inquistitors, female inquisitors on bikes, female commisars, female with jump packs, and some banging ass stretch cars that if i played genesteal cult, id use as the limo's they used to have
>>
wait the traitor legion codex has all the stuff from wrath of magnus book? why get wrath of magnus as a 1k sons player then??
>>
>>50502368
CSM player was bitching about his supplement treatment, and she's like, "You think you've got it bad?"
>>
>>50502597
No one will care anon
>>
>>50502597
Do as you want. The lucius pod is about 3 pounds heavy and the doors rip off ridiculously easy so I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to proxy.
But it looks hella sick so you should get one anyway
>>
>>50502541
Ah so an ObjSec enemy can theoretically walk past an Objective I'm controlling with a non-ObjSec unit without snatching it from me? If they did, they'd have to get right up in my face?
>>
File: sisters are doomed.jpg (81KB, 800x589px) Image search: [Google]
sisters are doomed.jpg
81KB, 800x589px
>>50502636
>You think you've got it bad?
>As per the Imperial Agents book we're not even a real army anymore!
>>
>>50502623
For the fluff, valued customer
>>
>>50502623

Fluff, and the tzeentch daemon stuff, which won't be in this book
>>
> The Traitor Legions of the Chaos Space Marines have waged terrible wars of hate and vengeance upon the Imperium of Mankind for ten thousand years. From the Daemon worlds of the Eye of Terror, they plot the destruction of the empire they once helped to build. They have neither forgotten nor forgiven the loyalists, nor the False Emperor whom they serve. These warriors will not rest until the galaxy is burning, and the Emperor’s putrid carcass is cast down from the Golden Throne into the filth where it belongs.

> Codex Supplement: Traitor Legions is a 136-page, full-colour softback supplement to Codex: Chaos Space Marines. It contains a wealth of additional content and rules that any Chaos Space Marines army can use, with a huge array of rules for all nine of the Traitor Legions.

> In The Book

> - Datasheets for the following:
> - Kharn the Betrayer
> - Ahriman
> - Exalted Sorcerer
> - Tzaangors
> - Rubric Marines
> - Scarab Occult Terminators
> - Khorne Lord of Skulls
> - Magnus the Red

> - 26 Formations for Chaos Space Marines
> - Chaos Warband
> - Maelstrom of Gore
> - The Lost and the Damned
> - Helforged Warpack
> - Heldrake Terror Pack
> - Cult of Destruction
> - Fist of the Gods
> - Raptor Talon
> - Terminator Annihilation Force
> - Favoured of Chaos
> - Trinity of Blood
> - The Chosen of Abaddon
> - The Bringers of Despair
> - The Hounds of Abaddon
> - Daemon Engine Pack
> - Cyclopia Cabal
> - The Tormented
> - Black Legion Warband
> - War Cabal
> - War Coven
> - Tzaangor Warherd
> - Sekhmet Conclave
> - Ahriman’s Exiles
> - Rehati War Sect
> - Plague Colony
> - Kakophoni

> - Chaos Artefacts, Warlord Traits, Tactical Objectives and an exclusive Detachment for each of the 9 Traitor Legions;
> - Updated Disciplines of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh, as well as the Sinistrum, Heretech, Ectomancy and Geomortis Psychic Disciplines;
> - Armoury of the Chaos Space Marines.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Codex-Supplement-Traitor-Legions-Softback-ENG
>>
>>50502662
that it? so if i wanted fluff and rules i would be buying the same book twice? ffs
>>
>>50502623
Campaign.
Angels of Death had all the RG and WS stuff from Kauyon.
>>
>>50502507
is that supposed to be a problem

none of the men look particularly handsome either
>>
>>50502490
one of the keys has a cog motif, so mechanicus related?
>>
>>50502660
sisters, deathwatch and grey knights should never been their own army, they should have stayed as super elites that inquisitors could have in their armys
>>
File: 1480647455933.png (240KB, 432x429px) Image search: [Google]
1480647455933.png
240KB, 432x429px
>>50502683

mothafucka if you gonna include women and they ain't even worth making into waifus then don't even bother
>>
>>50502673

the chaos legions book also has the rules for the other legions. The wrath of magnus book also has the rules for the updated tzeentch daemons.

If you're just playing thousand sons, nothing else, then it doesn't matter which you get rules wise, but if you're allying either other chaos marines or tzeentch daemons, then choice of book makes a difference.
>>
>>50502673
Traitor Legions is allowing new and poorfag CSM players to access the entire arsenal for £20 instead of £110 (Legion, Slaughter, Hate, Wrath) and is way more portable. Some warning would have been nice but I'm a fan of the product for sure
>>
>>50502671
2 new formations
Ha
>>
>>50502572

>Most powerful psyker in the galaxy has a fetish for weaponized blanks

Life for Him on Earth is truly suffering
>>
>>50502709

Not sure how those classy, dignified women are not quality marriage material.
>>
>>50502738
Legion Artefacts/traits and new psychic powers might be cool. Also portability of product for physical players
>>
>>50502755
Thought it's been established that a Psyker can overpower a Blank aura if they're sufficiently stronk.

Assuming the big E could overpower his entire harem if he wanted.
>>
>>50502772
>physical players
>>
>>50502805
Might be meaning physical products a player needs to carry around
>Either that or he plays 40k vs ghosts.
>>
>>50502795
That is kinda the prerequisite to having a harem.
>>
File: 20160229_161354.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160229_161354.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50502385
You don't have a female commisar?
Cis scum.
>>
If i was running only 1k sons units for my army would Wrath of Magnus be a better option to get over Traitor legions ?
>>
>>50502812
This, carrying a bunch of books is a pain
>>
>>50502825
SJWs have made it to Australia already?
>>
why cant my deathwatch captain get a relic blade unless he's in terminator armor :(
>>
>>50502832
Gee I dunno would you rather pay £35 for just Tsons and Daemon rules or would you rather get 26 CSM formations (24 reprints), 8 sets of additional new legion rules alongside the same Tsons rules for £20
>>
File: lel.jpg (18KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
18KB, 413x395px
>>50502840
>>
>>50502058
>mobileoppressionpalace.gif
>>
>>50502795

Yeah but just imagine how much strain it takes to overcome a harem of blanks. It would be literal hate-sex, the Emperor gritting his teeth, sweat pouring from his body, a trickle of blood running from his nose as he tries to hold back the void that surrounds him as he pounds the Amazonian temptress who writhes beneath his perfect frame, her gasps of pleasure threatening to shatter his concentration and let the darkness envelop his soul.
>>
File: noble.jpg (188KB, 1097x1572px) Image search: [Google]
noble.jpg
188KB, 1097x1572px
>>50502709
>he can't into high imperial fashion
off yourself, plebeian
>>
>>50502832
Traitor legions has all of the wrath of magnus stuff minus the new tzeentch daemon formations and pink horrors changes
>>
File: realm of slaanesh.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
realm of slaanesh.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>50502840

Oh, we've had a colony of them here for ages. We call it Melbourne.
>>
>>50502899
oh,seems scummy to release that book same day as the new 1k sons tricking people into buying a book twice as much as the codex that comes out a week after. wowzahs
>>
>>50502671
YET ANOTHER supplement but no new codex.
These supplements will always be a disappointment as long as they use the base CSM codex.

With 8th coming out next month it means we're either going to be the shitty tester codex for the new edition before the writers go crazy again or we're going to have keep waiting.
>>
>>50502936
i doubt the new chaos codex wont be out untill another year or two, especially with new supplement and 1k sons campaign book. keep on dreaming sonny
>>
>>50502912
is this some strange apocalypse cult, trying to summon the disjointed figure of the end. Because I imagine this is what the apocalypse would look like from the perspective of those with even a vague sense of horror. It's like being cannoned right into the deep end of the uncanny valley. Jesus christ it's like the deathrattle of an elder god given form.
>>
File: 405px--1.jpg (47KB, 405x599px) Image search: [Google]
405px--1.jpg
47KB, 405x599px
>>50502671
> It's nothing

Not even surprised.
>>
I was told there would be Traitor Legion leaks. Where are the leaks going to be posted now that the NDA is expired?
>>
>>50502912
What degeneracy is this?
>>
>Chaos Artefacts, Warlord Traits, Tactical Objectives and an exclusive Detachment for each of the 9 Traitor Legions.
I'm curious about the exclusive Detachments. Also, the Index Chaotica: Apocrypha looks nice.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Index-Chaotica-Apocrypha
>>
>>50502980
why did people expect something more than Angels of Death: spiky edition?
>>
>>50502066
That was probably because they were going through that phase where they were purging all units that had no models from codex. I hope it gets back into the codex though, and a model for those that don't want to convert. I also hope we get a plastic Kill Krusha tank now that FW dropped it from there website.

>TFW they still haven't made a stand alone plastic deffkopta model.
>>
File: Scoria.jpg (136KB, 568x587px) Image search: [Google]
Scoria.jpg
136KB, 568x587px
>>50502058
01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100111 01101100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110010 01101011 00100000 01101101 01100101 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110 01101001 01100011 01110101 01101101 00100000
>>
>>50503153
People are still under the delusion GW could ever improve in the rules department and 40k should be anything other than restarted.
>>
>>50503154
the old deffkopta model is trash, i picked up about 8 of the black reach ones i think it was, when everyone was selling them for just a few bucks on ebay
>>
>>50502936

>8th edition next month

Wat
>>
>>50503291
When I started playing back in 5th me and a SM player split 2 black reach sets. I also recently got 8 in a big box of ork stuff.

I guess the silver lining with orks right now is people who aren't dedicated to orks are willing to sale you all the ork stuff they never finished for a discount.
>>
should i give germanic or latin names to my krieg soldiers?

the only name for a random krieger i remember was that engineer named zoltz and i dont even know what kind of name/surname is that
>>
>>50503384
Mix it up, even the most dogmatic imperial worlds are hardly monoculture.
>>
>>50503384

You should give them serial numbers, nigmo
>>
File: A feel human being.jpg (148KB, 864x922px) Image search: [Google]
A feel human being.jpg
148KB, 864x922px
>>50503291
>>50503154
>They will literally never ever ever update the war-buggy ever. Ever.
>>
>>50502671

>Data Sheets for Rhubric Marines

Are they printing Rhubrics in WoM? Just seems weird that they would only print stats for Rhubrics.

Also, I hope that the TH stuff would have options for Legions.
>>
File: 1480385097479.png (335KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1480385097479.png
335KB, 500x412px
>>50503475

Make you're own. You're an Ork player, aren't you? I thought you guys scratchbuild EVERYTHING
>>
VeteranNoob has the Traitor Legion book and is posting it on dakka dakka. I will summarize the interesting bits.

Black Legion can take VotLW for free just like everyone else now.

Legion Tactics:
1. Hatred(Everything!), hatred does not end after the first round vs. Imperials
2. Chosen AND TERMINATORS are Troops

Black Legion Speartip(decurion):
1. Army-wide Fear and Crusader for non-vehicle units
2. Deep Strikers roll for reserves starting Turn 1, Warlord automatically passes this roll

Black Legion Warband and Hounds of Abaddon are core, the chosen/terminator formations are part of the 0-5 Command.
>>
File: BlackLegionBanner.jpg (58KB, 411x495px) Image search: [Google]
BlackLegionBanner.jpg
58KB, 411x495px
>>50503615

THEY COME
>>
>>50503615

Alpha Legion:
Free VotLW, cannot take marks.

Legion Tactics:
1. Chosen are troops. Chosen, tacticals and cultists can infiltrate.
2. If you lose your Warlord, another character becomes Warlord immediately: your opponent must kill all characters to get Slay the Warlord.

Decurion:
1. All non-vehicles have Shrouded the first turn
2. Cultists are Without Number

Decurion only has Chaos Warband as core(cultists are auxiliary).
>>
$165 for Catachan Defense force box is it worth it?

Just looking to get back into 40k and I've always wanted a Catachan army and might even use the old codex for fun.
>>
I hope EC will get something nice. They are the only legion with have 2 characters in CSM codex.
>>
>>50503676
what is this trazyn the infinite fuckery.
>>
File: WP_20161201_16_52_24_Rich.jpg (4MB, 5312x2976px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161201_16_52_24_Rich.jpg
4MB, 5312x2976px
Anons let's focus on something else instead of just bitterness. I am sorry Chaosbros[spoilers]
Hit me with your game pics and what you're up to right now thread. I can share more too.
>>
>>50503252
01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01101111 01100110 01100110 00101100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01110100 01100101 00101110
>>
>>50503615
>>50503676
Fuck those, give me bitterness, give me HATRED hatred for the sons of Dorn, GIVE ME IRON!!!
>>
>>50503676
>your opponent must kill all characters to get Slay the Warlord
that's pretty cute
>>
>>50503676
I AM ALPHARIUS
>>
File: Blaring Air Horn.png (799KB, 1280x972px) Image search: [Google]
Blaring Air Horn.png
799KB, 1280x972px
>>50502671
>and an exclusive Detachment for each of the 9 Traitor Legions
Cool, so all I actually need to get a hold of is one of the two new formations, one of the nine new detachments, and a artefact table, warlord trait table, and six tactical objectives.
I feel completely justified tearing these pages from the internet when they're available and just gluing them into my copy of Traitor's Hate.
>>
>>50502696
Sisters aren't super elite. They're a huge standing army that the Inquisition borrows from. They absolutely make sense to be their own force since they're basically the lone representative of the Ecclesiarchy in 40k.
>>
>>50503252
>01001001011011010111000001101100011110010110100101101110011001110010000001100100011000010111001001101011001000000110110101100101011000110110100001100001011011100110100101100011011101010110110100100000011101110110100001101111011100100110010101110011001000000110001101100001011011100010000001110011011101000110000101101110011001000010000001100001011001110110000101101001011011100111001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010000001101101011010010110011101101000011101000010000001101111011001100010000001001101011000010111001001110011
>>
>>50503676
That's pretty cool.
>>
>>50503676

(btw, veterannoob seems to suggest undivided legions can still take god-aligned sorcerers to get the right psychic disciplines, hard to tell what he's saying because of his broken english)

This is where it gets good:

Iron Warriors:
Free VotLW, no marks

Legion Tactics:
1. Obliterators and Mutilators are Troops
2. Obliterators, Mutilators and Havocs have Tank Hunters
3. 6+ Bionics FnP(just like Iron Hands and Skitarii)
4. Siege Masters(just like Imperial Fists)
5. Blood Feud vs Imperial Fists

Decurion:
1. "barrage and word weapons" [barrage and ordnance maybe? not sure] can re-roll scatter die
2. Stubborn, Fearless when inside fortification.

Decurion allows IW to take up to THREE fortifications
>>
>>50503740
NO, I AM ALPHARIUS
>>
>>50503676
fuck dude that sounds great
>>
>MFW TS get there own book but its worse and less fluffy then random decurions for the other legions
Th..thanks...
>>
>>50503615
Holy shit. If I just read the World Eaters one right, they get fucking fearless for free.
>>
>>50503787
>>50503676
>>50503615
Thank you for doing this for us.
>>
>>50503787
>>50503676
>>50503615
So it's basically the legion special rules section of the 2002 codex updated. Isn't that what CSM players wanted?
>>
>>50503787

Night Lords:
Free VotLW, no marks

Legion Tactics:
1. Cause Fear at -2 penalty, Night Vision, Stealth
2. Raptors are Troops

Decurion:
1. All units may re-roll charge distances
2. You may choose for it to be night on turn 1. If you do, your non-vehicle units get +1 to their cover save

They can take Raptor Talon OR Chaos Warband as their core choice.
>>
File: 1480385871185.jpg (15KB, 343x345px) Image search: [Google]
1480385871185.jpg
15KB, 343x345px
>>50503787

>Mutilators are Troops
>>
>>50503855
You know they'll still complain. Even though a good portion of the armies now have free fearless.
>>
>>50503787

Does Tank Hunter even benefit Mutilators?

Do they even have the strength to damage a tank most of the time?
>>
>>50503872

Hell yeah, they can summon chainfists, remember?
>>
>>50503857
I'm looking for this post, but I don't see it. Anyone post a link? Otherwise I'll be patient for my Emperor's Children but I'd appreciate any info I can get on the new kakaphoni formation.
>>50503868
What, how so?
>>
>>50503872
Are you fucking retarded?
Damn near every vehicle is rear armor 10.

So yes they can always hurt a tank
>>
Emperor's Children fag here. I'm ecstatic! Combat drugs for everybody!
>>
>>50503890
>What, how so?
EC, WE and DG get fearless on all units with VotLW. And they get that for free.
>>
File: 20160613_210601.jpg (265KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160613_210601.jpg
265KB, 1600x900px
What's the best way to thin GW's new gem paints? I want to paint them over a silver, to get a metallic blue paint job, but the shit seems so thick.

Water? Lahmian Medium? Something else?
>>
File: Rip_And_Tear[1].jpg (31KB, 293x240px) Image search: [Google]
Rip_And_Tear[1].jpg
31KB, 293x240px
>>50503897
>>50503904
I don't have an appropriate noise marine image to post, so this is around my excitement level.
>>
>>50503890
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/2700/705017.page#9054568
>>
>>50503872
Chain fists.
>>
>>50503868
Haven't played CSM since 3.5 but this is basically word for word exactly what it would take to make my batwing helmetfags and co come out again.
>>
>>50502368
The sister is actually alpha legion marine
>>
>>50503897
I think the combat drugs are only for the detachment of formations going by how his post is laid out. That said the Emperors children noise marines one is great and the basic chaos warband one is cheap so theres little reason not to roll with it.
>>
>>50503894

>Damn near every vehicle is rear armor 10.

Yes, but they'd have to hit a Walker from the front armor most of the time.
>>
>>50503921
Thank you.
>>
File: 1259980173910.jpg (31KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
1259980173910.jpg
31KB, 366x401px
>>50503897

>Sonic weapons gain shred

thats pretty cheeky
>>
File: 1450550548861.jpg (114KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
1450550548861.jpg
114KB, 800x499px
>>50503897

Guess you guys get to have a little fun before Slaanesh and the Emperor's children get squated next year! Have fun while it lasts!
>>
>>50503912
Probably medium, but they aren't designed for that. Have you tried one of the glazes yet? Those are intended for tinting.
>>
>CSM were bitching about how the new supplement was shit
>turns out it's fucking great
While I'm happy for you guys, this is why everyone called you bitches. You all shit up last thread before we even had all the rules, and it turns out that things weren't nearly as bad as you thought
>>
>>50503857

Word Bearers:
Free VotLW, no cult troops but marks on regular guys are allowed

Legion Tactics:
1. Possessed are Troops[groan]
2. Dark Apostle's Zealot rule has a 6" radius
3. harness warp charges on 3+ when summoning daemons
4. Blood Feud vs Ultramarines

Decurion:
1. Non-vehicles have Crusader
2. Once per turn get a free boon on a character who hasn't got a free boon already

Can take Warband OR Cultists+Apostle as Core
>>
>>50503912
medium. but you might want to pick up dedicated metallic colors for that, from other paint brands.
>>
>>50503951
>Squatted
>After Diazmonettes crushed the made to order vote
Yeah nah.
>>
>>50503921
>have to table the Alpha Legion to get slay the warlord

Ehehe
>>
>>50503787
fucking awesome
>>
>>50503615
>>50503676
>>50503787
what is the 1k sons one thats in wrath of magnus and now i guess in traitor legions?
not been keeping up to date
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 442x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 442x434px
>>50503984
>3. harness warp charges on 3+ when summoning daemons
>>
File: 1474493420642.png (151KB, 680x780px) Image search: [Google]
1474493420642.png
151KB, 680x780px
>>50503787
>THREE fortifications
>>
>>50504009
>table
What? no, you just have to kill their characters.
>>
>>50504032
Not him, but that pretty much is tabling. Most squads have a character in them.
>>
>>50503984

World Eaters:
Free VotLW, Khorne only, no psykers

Legion Tactics:
1. Berzerkers are troops
2. Adamantium Will, Furious Charge, Fearless[no point in taking berzerkers as berzerkers, just use the models as melee tacticals and you'll save points lol]

Decurion:
1. Free 2d6 move for each non-vehicle unit at start of game
2. Re-roll charge distances

Core can be warband or maelstrom of gore. Also, the old daemon weapon from 4th edition with +2d6 attacks is back!
>>
>>50504044
>Not him, but that pretty much is tabling.
it's decimating at best
>>
Hmm.. Iron warriors can take 3 fortifications. can't wait to see 3 fortress of redemption side by side.
>>
>>50504030

I wonder what they could do with the Plasma Blast Gun, Vortex Battery or the Macro Cannon.

Or the Fist of the Gods given that can be three Vindicators.
>>
>>50504020
Blood feud with space wolves(look at some of the other legions they also have this)
free votlw
and if a blessing is cast on a unit it gets +1 invulnerable save.
>>
File: 1452103420758.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452103420758.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>50503990

SHADOW DAEMONS ANON
>>
>>50504051
Good emperor. That's fucking terrifying. Most units can be halfway across the board turn one. Bikes and such might make turn one combat
>>
>>50504066

>3 vortex missles a turn.

how heretical.
>>
>>50504074
that it? seems not alot since they are the new release, compared to all these updated legion rules. hm
>>
>>50504114
They also get to re-roll perils and have an extra spell.
>>
>>50504051
keep em coming, these are great so far
>>
>>50504142
ahhhhh thats better, thanks
>>
>>50504020

Thousand Sons are unchanged.

>>50504051

(nurgle has good stuff)

Death Guard:
Free VotLW, Nurgle only

Legion Tactics:
1. Fearless, Feel No Pain, -1 Initiative(except for models that already have it)
2. Relentless
3. Plague Marines are troops[you're paying a lot for those double special weapons + plague knives + blight grenades, seeing as how regular tacticals are now almost as good]

Decurion:
1. re-roll FnP rolls of 1
2. stealth against attacks from over 18"

New formation is core(but you can always take a warband instead).

New formation:
Typhus
3-7 units of plague marines
Fear.
Enemy units within 7" get -1 WS and -1 I in close combat
If formation is max size, enemy units within 7" get -1 Toughness in close combat
>>
>>50503769
fluff wise, dont sisters protect cardinal planets and holy places that have churches? thats the reason i think it makes more sense if an inquisitor just borrows some, if you take the whole army of them, no ones doing their job protecting some spot on theground hwere some saint died
>>
>>50504104

Unless you're fighting a Gunline army that stays parked in the back field most of the time, isn't that as problematic for you as it is for your opponent?

And how much is 3 Vortex batteries anyway?
>>
>>50504181
>Havocs toting autocannons and marching up the field
>>
>>50504181
Killing DG Termies will take some extra dakka now.
>>
>>50504181
That seems strong.
>>
>>50504181
>havocs with relentless
oh boy
>>
>>50503679
That box set is awesome value.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 500x387px
>>50504210
Seems fluffy.
>>
>>50502457
It's the Keys of Hel, all the way back from 30k.
Turns out they were literal keys or something equally silly.
They are supposedly Forbidden DAoT
>>
Anyone else a little miffed that some of these legion rules are actually good, but I bought 1ksons that'll mostly only be good as display pieces?

Khorne got a fantastic viability upgrade, Nurgle is just mean, and some of the other gimmicks look fun and a step up from how Chaos was.

1ksons got a good unit in the terminators and better sorcerers, yeah, but not really any great -Army building- options beyond "take this guy who is basically two Wraithknights stapled together and get no games"
>>
>>50504181

Last one.

Emperor's Children:
Free VotLW, Slaanesh only

Legion Tactics:
1. Fearless and +1 FnP(6+ if they dont already have it)
2. models still get 1 attack if killed before they have a chance to attack in melee
3. Noise marines are troops

Decurion:
1. All non-vehicles have combat drugs(random +1 to WS, BS, I, S, T, or A)

The new formation and the warband are the core choices.

New formation:
Chaos Lord(can be Lucius)
3-6 units of Noise Marines
Split Fire.
Sonic weapons have shred.
If formation is max size, "guns" have +1 Strength[unclear whether this is all guns, or just sonic weapons]
>>
>>50504262
Yes
>>
If these leaks are true and as good as they look I better not hear another fucking PEEP out of Chaos players for a good while.

>>50504269
THEY HAVE BETTER DRUGS THAN DARK ELDAR REEEEE
I'm glad for them. But REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50502575
True, but you forgot the native CSM pie baker: The Defiler, which was introduced in the 3.5 codex.

>>50502593
Don't know what, if anything, That Guy plays these days. He moved away a couple of years ago to live with his chronically ill mother so he could take care of her.

He wasn't really a bad person all things considered, just really full of himself and a compulsive power gamer with the time & money to keep up with the power curve. He did try to help newcomers (in his own way) in building their first army with painting advice (aka: how to speed paint to minimal tourney acceptance level) and unit selection (net-listing 101 or "cool looks/fluff are irrelevant, only stats & points matter). He even gave gifts to some of the poorer kids when they bought things after saving up their allowance. Small stuff like paints they'd need or a cheap blisterpack with special weapon troops or something.
But he was shit to play against, all WAAC all the time, and both a terrible winner (due to excessive and kinda mean spirited gloating) and an incredibly sore loser (you didn't beat him, he lost because he had bad luck/wasn't feeling well/got distracted halfway through/this was his lulz-list/your army is OP/you cheated).

Last game I saw him play he fielded a Mob Biker wound-allocation-spam Ork list.

I never stopped playing my beloved World Eaters, although I proxied them with the Blood Angels codex for some time instead of the CSM dex.
Death Company on foot are pretty much Khorne Berserkers anyway, especially after GW axed the old "4+ save max" Chain Axes. And having Dreads that are useful instead of a massive liability is amazing and finally vindicated my love for building and converting Dreadnought models.
>>
Trying to figure out how to scale down my 2000 points Daemon Incursion list to either 1500 or 1850 without becoming a big punching bag with no offensive presence, any ideas?

>Great Unclean One
-Exalted Reward (Grimoire), Greater Reward, Mastery 3

>(Tallyband) Herald
-Doomsday Bell, FnP Locus, Mastery 2
>3 x 14 Plaguebearers,
-1 Icon, 1 instrument, 3 champs with lesser rewards
>4 x 3 Nurglings

>(Rotswarm) Herald
Grotti, FnP locus, Mastery 2
>6 x 1 Beasts of Nurgle
>9 Plague Drones
-Champ with a greater reward, Icon, Rot Proboscis

1998/2000 pts
This is pretty much pieced together from Fantasy army components but I'm open to making investments in other models
>>
>>50504269
>fearless, FNP and guaranteed attack
fucking fantastic, no joke
>>
File: 4wbvVbw_700wa_0.gif (1MB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
4wbvVbw_700wa_0.gif
1MB, 300x166px
>>50502912
INQUISITOR, THIS IS HERESY!
>>
can 30k emperor's childen Kakophonis' be used as 40k noise marines? dont know alot about emperor's children
>>
>>50504289
>I better not hear another fucking PEEP out of Chaos players for a good while.
ha ha ha ha

>why aren't all my options in plastic with plastic upgrade kits for every legion why does GW hate chaos so much reeeee
>>
So are emperors children or deathguard the best now?
>>
>>50504262
TS are weird. You are taxed 5 rubrics and 5 termis which is 400 bare and then 2 sorc's and a demon engine. For this you get rerolling warlord traits, perils results and can manifest and extra spell for all psykers. Ts also get 1+ invunerable with a buff on them.

At 1850, 2000 points games this will be fine but lower you wont have enough warp charges for it to work well enough imo, and even then you're all in on the psychic phase so enjoy your rng.
>>
CADIAN FORMATIONS QUESTION

I want to play Cadian Battlegroup because, but don't want to sink points into the Core.
I only want to use Command and Auxiliary formations with Cadia.
It's there anyway to do this and have the great commands and better shooting for my guardsmen?
>>
>>50504340
Don't know how you'd show blastmasters, but they are great models to counts as with.
>>
>TSons get their own army and unique units
>Ends up being outclassed by a quick add-on to the rest of the CSM
Get fucked Tzeentchians
>>
>>50504340
Yeah, but they dont have blastmasters, which are what you want
>>
File: Skorcha buggies.jpg (1MB, 1282x1796px) Image search: [Google]
Skorcha buggies.jpg
1MB, 1282x1796px
>>50503519

Well yes, we do, but it's nice to have a decent base standard product when we don't feel like converting.
>>
>>50504262

Word Bearers is also kinda meh because Possessed are the worst unit in the codex. Easier summoning, better Dark Apostles, free boons and Crusader are alright though, fluffy enough too. Guess I need to buy a couple boxes of daemons for my sorcerer to call forth from the abyss. I'm going to need to find out what the artifacts are, since veterannoob didn't list all of them for WB.
>>
File: GUOs Lab.jpg (105KB, 736x601px) Image search: [Google]
GUOs Lab.jpg
105KB, 736x601px
>>50504210
MFW I've had 4 autocannon Havocs converted up for quite some time. I am now encouraged to paint the fuckers up.
>>
>>50503857
So, Raptor Talon causes Fear at -4 if you charge with 2 units? Damn.
>>
>>50504360

you don't have to take core if you don't want only have to take command choices. you could take tank company for core choice a CCS for core and some aux units. or just play nothing but CCS in chimeras.
>>
File: 1476650014470.gif (442KB, 441x270px) Image search: [Google]
1476650014470.gif
442KB, 441x270px
So is every other legion is better then thousand sons? Im just getting back into this and bought the thousand sons cause they looked cool.
>>
Dakka has leaks apparently.

3 - Iron Warriors
must: no unique, no marks take VotLW, Psykers from gods (see above)
gain: Blood feud: VotLW re-roll failed to hit every combat round vs. Imp Fists, but IF get Hatred YOU; iron w/in, iron w/out: VotLW gain 6+ FnP, Patrons of technovirus: Obliterators and Mutilators are troops; siege masters: units re-roll armor pen vs buildings it didn’t glance or pen. +1 damage big roll result; IW havens, obits, mutilators get tank hunter
WT: FnP 4+; Fearless; give your terrain piece +1 cover; Friendly Oblits w/in 12” can fire twice in consecutive shooting phases; WL + unit have split fire & counterattack while in cover; friendly vehicles get It WND w/in 6” WL
relics: warp smith can possess a vehicle; warp smith extraA for challenge; axe of forge master; armor 2+ + gains IWND; at enemy shooting phase enemy vehicles w/in 2D6’ of bearer suffer automatic haywire hit, no cover allowed; siege breaker mace S+2 Ap 4, concussive, masterccraft, siege breaker - signal S10, AP 1 attack melee
army: master annihilation: barrage and word weapons can choose to re-roll scatter die; intractable brotherhood: all non-veh are stubborn; on or in fortification gain fearless instead
cor: chasse warband
command: Lords of legion
aux: Stronghold (1-3 fortifications + others
tact obj: VP if kill unit even partially w/in 18” your table edge; VP if kill unit that was controlling an obj; VP if your oblits/mutil destroyed a unit; roll die and get that obj; Vp if enemy forts/buildings lost HP (more if more);destroy enemy vehicle
(more is more)
>>
>>50504390

Necrons are reduced to Leadership 6.

Night Lords are such masters of psychological warfare, that they cause million year old death robot men to piss oil all over their metal pants.
>>
>>50504269

>tfw no upgraded Combat Drugs for Dark Eldar
>Chaos degenerates get them
>Corsairs get them
>But the race renowned for hunting unique species down to turn them into new drugs get the shittiest drugs

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Good to see CSM got updates though, I was going to start TSons but now I'm considering DG as well. Not because the rules are good but because those are the two coolest legions imo and now it's looking like GW might (just might) actually give some love to both of them
>>
File: 1Kavdd.gif (1MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
1Kavdd.gif
1MB, 320x176px
>>50503787
THE IRON IS TRUE!, THE IRON IS ETERNAL!
>>
>>50504418
look up, idiot
>>
>>50504289
>If these leaks are true and as good as they look I better not hear another fucking PEEP out of Chaos players for a good while.
You know that's not going to happen.
>>
>Nurgle gets relentless havocs
>not the fucking souless robot marines from space egypt
>>
>>50504410
I like many of the auxiliary, but dislike both core choices.
I don't have that many tanks and I have 130 guard models (not enough for the Infantry choice Core).
>>
>>50504356

All in on the psychic phase is -a bad thing-

Oh sure, adding a Psyker to a list can be fun and interesting.

And certain psykers are self-sufficiently very viable. Genestealer patriarchs. Biomancer daemon princes. Pretty much any monstrous creature one really, barring Nids.

And yup, making something important invisible, or summon spamming can break the game over your knee.

But assuming you aren't going for breaking the game over your knee or spamming monstrous creatures?

No, taking highly massed psykers will not help you win. It'll make you random and too character heavy. Easy to kill by just spamming fire at your handful of dudes.
>>
>>50504416
Word bearers and black legion are shit
Alphas, IW and night lords are ok
EC and world eaters are pretty good
Death guard are fucking broken
>>
guys what are the chances of the IG getting special rules like this again?
>>
File: 1453358250297.jpg (18KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1453358250297.jpg
18KB, 291x343px
>>50504444
Fuck you and your quads. I thought we'd have some peace for even a moment...
>>
>>50504444

The Chaos Gods speak clearly now! Head the words of their chosen mouthpiece, for the Age of Unending Whine shall never end!
>>
>>50504428
I can totally explain this one. Night Lords love to wear skins. Who else likes to wear skins? Flayed ones, aka corrupted crons. Necrons think that NLs are Flayed ones and are coming after them to infect their immortal bodies with a virus. Boom. Justified.
>>
>>50504051
Glorious bloodshed awaits my long suffering sons of Angron.
Well, a couple more successful mass infantry charges anyway. Hopefully with less getting completely shot to bits trying to get into axe swinging range.

Pity there are apparently no benefits to adhering to the old favoured numbers. I kinda hoped to get back my free Aspiring Champions in eight man squads.
>>
So I used to play 40k back in fifth. Thinking about starting up again. Is it a good time or has GW fucked up something beyond repair? I played eldar if that makes a difference.
>>
>>50504464
Is the thousand sons marines as bad as they are made out to be? Should I be counting them as regular marines?
>>
>>50504181
What's the point of the formation's -1WS/I effect having a radius if it only matters in melee? May as well have just had it effect models engaged?

And yes, I get that Nurgle's number is 7.
>>
>>50504474
Trust me anon, I wish we could have some.
But it is in the nature of chaos to complain. They will not stop until the board burns.
>>
>>50504464
Black legion are pretty good anon, having a guaranteed turn 1 deepstrike with the warlord is potentially game wining
>>
>>50504464

Word bearers are worst.

Black legion at least get tools to make terminator spam stronger, which whilst terminator spam isn't good, is a fun thing fluff-wise. Bearers don't even get that.

And Tsons? Well, you get exalted sorcerers. You get Magnus even if he can't be taken in most metas.
>>
>>50504539
Nearby units that didn't join that combat.
>>
>>50504535

>Is the thousand sons marines as bad as they are made out to be?

The pessimism is so thick that they aren't quite as bad as it... But they're close.
>>
>>50504519
>Is it a good time or has GW fucked up something beyond repair?
Good a time as any. GW has been rather erratic with rules lately, giving good stuff like this new supplement and GSC but also meh and bad stuff like WoM.
>I played eldar if that makes a difference.
Ohhhhh boy. You're in for a heck of a suprise. Enjoy not fielding a good portion of your codex
>>
>>50504458
I need to see all the rules and mess around with it before I say youre fucked. TS have some OP wont get games lists but they arent fluffy or fun.

Tzaangor warheard with 6 spawn and sorcerer on disc rerolling 1s with the bonus to the formation look hilarious for one.
>>
>>50504464

Black Legion isn't bad. Hatred is meh but they can now do 4th/5th edition turn 1 deathwing assaults WITH COMBI-WEAPONS

Iron Warriors are good, tank hunter havocs with autocannons sound like an excellent unit against eldar, necrons and admech. Though Death Guard relentless havocs are even crazier.
>>
>>50504289
Many of these cult tactics invalidate the cult troops......
>>
File: Johnny.gif (2MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny.gif
2MB, 300x241px
>>50504269
Yes. YES.
>>
>>50504464
13 points DG legionary are now harder to kill than necron warriors and have higher initiative. Count the 7!
>>
>>50504571
Again? Are my aspect troops and most elite choices still garbage outside of fire dragons?
>>
>>50504289

The CSM players are literally whining RIGHT NOW in the Traitor Legions thread on Bolter and Chainsword.

Even when they're getting what they wanted, they are whining.

The worst part is after sitting here for month after month and putting up with Genestealer Cult, Traitor Legion, and other non-marine stuff, people are still going to whine about space marines getting "too many releases".
>>
>>50504559
But they only take the penalty to WS/I during close combat. So who cares of some shlubs not involved in a melee have -1 to anything?
>>
>>50504582

Just the World Eaters and Death Guard ones. But really, the World Eaters tactic basically lets you trade the +1 WS on your zerkers for having them be reasonably costed and getting better weapons options, what's so bad about that?
>>
>>50504582

>We want better cult troops!

Ok, here's rules that make standard troops equal to Cult Troops but cheaper

>O-okay
>>
>>50504590
>13 points DG legionary
16 points

you need the MoN, mate
>>
>>50504454

Well you need a core choice if you want to get the special rules. No way around it.
>>
>>50504582

Just use those cult troops models as 'count as' marked chaos marines
>>
>>50504601
Son, the issue isn't that ANYTHING in CWE is garbage.
Far from it. The issue is that a good portion of the codex is far far far too good. If you want to have any fun games, you have to nerf yourself.

On the bright side, aspect warrior spam is a good, balanced list build.
>>
>>50504289
of course they have better drugs than dark eldar, they have magic drugs from the god of drugs itself.
>>
>>50501980
anyone want to play on tabletop simulator?
>>
alpha legion makes cultists infiltrate, taking typhus in separate detachment for a whole mess of infilitrating zombies. Really just bog the shit out of the board.
>>
>>50504603
>month after month and putting up with Genestealer Cult, Traitor Legion, and other non-marine stuff
A WHOLE THREE MONTHS. GEE GOLLY.
>>
>>50504611

Rubrics are still rubrics and they still are overcosted dingdongs. And who takes Noise Marines without putting sonic weaponry on them? It's only the Death Guard and World Eaters players who have to justify using cult troop rules for their cult troops.
>>
>>50504633

actually you only need command for cadia. mandatory is only command 1+
>>
>>50504611
Got a good 8 second chorkle out of me.
>>
>>50504601

The problems are basically

>You are the best Codex if we're basing this solely off the units themselves rather than formations
>Some of your units are so good that you will take them way more than anything else
>Wraithknights and Scatterbikes are memes for a reason
>Biel-Tan still sucks compared to everyone else but that's actually a good thing, it means people will play you

Nobody will play vs Iyanden or Saim-Hann. Ulthwé and Alaitoc are fine.
>>
>>50504623
Right. Still good enough for me.
>>
>>50504588
god damn this is so cool to watch lmao
>>
>>50504641
Now ask yourself. Who murderfucked that god of drugs into existence?
>>
>>50504653
>implying going a quarter of a year with out giving the settings poster boys anything isn't a long time
Loyalists are essentially 40k's main characters. GW going that long without giving them anything is a big deal
>>
>>50504608
No, you see, it's so the Marines can be near a combat and help out their buddies without actually getting stuck in.
>>
>>50504347
>relentless on havocs vs druuuuugs
Couldn't say.
>>
FUCK im so torn on what to do , i haven't started 40k yet, i played when i was a child. now im 22 and seeing th 1k sons peeked my interested in the hobby again and i was gonna buy £100 worth of Tsons, now i dont know if i was getting them just because they are new and i liked them as a kid, ARHGHGH

I defo wanna play chaos i know that, but what chaos legion i dont know, im stuck between Night lords, 1k sons and emperors children. i dont care whats the best but fuck picking an army is hard. help pls
>>
>>50504640
Oh swag. I just recall mechdar being the only viable list when I played in fifth, was pretty boring. Cheese council on bikes and everything else mech was standard. I see there are some new units/models; are those required or could I get away with all the older stuff (I had a significant sized army with basically all units except for a few of the unique HQ choices).

Also, how are deldar? I have some of their stuff.
>>
>>50504677
Yeah, it's kinda cool how the deathguard get the tools to go infantry only. Maybe I'll get to see someone actually using havocs .
>>
>>50504670
Wait craftworlds have rules now? jesus what is GW doing to me. Can we get exodites back
>>
>>50504682
so it's a chicken or the egg sort of thing. on the one hand the progenitors drugs gave life to slaanesh, on the other hand slaanesh is the psychic embodiment of the concept of drugs and as such could have better drugs by virtue of being technically made of drugs.
>>
For deathwatch, whats the best situation to use Thief of Secrets (power sword that starts to wound on 2s after it wounds once) as opposed to a xenophase blade or lightning claw? I like the xenophase blade because the reroll on invulvs have helped alot and the lightning claw is nice since I can reroll wounds and I never use a pistol for the +1ccw anyways. I dont get to play much and would like to try out another loadout for my captain. I usually use the banebolts or beacon relic
>>
>>50504704
>are those required or could I get away with all the older stuff (I had a significant sized army with basically all units except for a few of the unique HQ choices).
You can get away with anything.
You could literally just have a monkey keep flipping through the book randomly and picking random units and random upgrades until you've filled out your point limit and you'd still have a good chance of winning against most armies.
>Also, how are deldar? I have some of their stuff.
They are on the other end of the spectrum: mono-build, and even that is just ok. Amazing fucking models though.
>>
>>50504453
tzeentchfag btfo
>>
File: IMG_1685.jpg (255KB, 1075x910px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1685.jpg
255KB, 1075x910px
>>50504663

True, but if he wants auxiliaries to benefit from the rules he needs a core so he can bring up to three auxiliaries.
>>
Is the alpha legion getting 40k rules?
>>
>>50504734
Pretty much

FORMER SORCERER HERE OFFERING TO BREW MAGIC DRUGS FROM THE WARP
>>
>>50504453
>Implying TS lists have enough points left over for havocs
>>
>>50504711
I got 2 Missle launcher and 1 autocannon havoc squads standing around. With FnP & Relentless they will rise to new glory.
>>
>>50504701
>i dont care whats the best but fuck picking an army is hard. help pls
Then go thousand sons. Best models out of the three. And there's a tiny chance you'll get rolled into the much better C:SM anyways, seeing as we know one chaos primarch will redeem themselves during the end times, and magnus is definitely on the short list for that.
>>
>>50504732
beautiful. Cheers mate. I loved deldar models, I kitbashed a lot of eldar and deldar when deldar first released but stopped playing in uni. def want to start up again if my army is actually viable. was always afraid I'd come back and be bottom of barrel.
>>
Any word on new spells for Nurgle and Slaanesh?
>>
>>50504750
you could always fall back on moving home with Papa Nurgle
>>
>>50504768
Have fun anon, just don't be a dick, and don't spam wraithknights or you'll have no friends and will probably burn in hell.
>>
>>50504715

No, just Iyanden. I simply assumed you were playing a fluffy list and didn't feel like spending a bunch of time explaining what units are actually good

Here you go
>Shit tier
Storm Guardians, Shining Spears, Vyper (I run Vypers, #yolo, they're not that bad actually), Vaul's Wrath with the vibrocannon, Warlocks
>Not that great tier
Banshees, Vaul's Wrath with the giant Warp Spider gun, I forget the name, Wraithblades on foot
>Good
Every other unit
>>
>>50504766
>and magnus is definitely on the short list for that.
He really isnt though.
>>
>>50504157
>>50504142
They get to cast an extra spell, not know one. That's a pretty lackluster benefit when your primaris is never worth casting.
>>
Hmm. Might be time to make a FW order.
>>
>>50504779
Hah, will do.
>>50504780
Cheers, I'll keep that in mind. I'm glad most units are good now.
>>
So. Death Guard, Night Lords or Emperor's Children? All look tasty as hell.
>>
>>50504833
world eaters too
>>
>>50504788
Compared to most traitor primarchs he is. I can't really think of one that is more likely to turn, especially since magnus's only real reason in the first place was the events during the BoP.
>>
>>50504289
This supplement looks very promising but nothing can silence the numberless voices that whisper lies of hidden knowledge and profane power or shout blasphemous truths about the damnation, madness and mutation of the Warp.

Expect to hear the wailing and lamentations of CSM players until the Long War is won, the Traitor Legions stand victorious over the ruins of Terra and the False Emperor lies cast down at the feet of the Warmaster.
>>
Do Space Marine doctrines let me reroll when shooting blast weapons?
>>
>>50504788

He's clearly the most likely -daemon- Primarch to turn around, in that he got suckered into the gig and wanted nothing to do with it.

Requires absurd plot bullshit to sever him from his God though.
>>
File: 4xl2.jpg (90KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
4xl2.jpg
90KB, 600x620px
>>50504815

God I want some of those, I have too many of the older metal models. Please don't phase them out before I buy them, FW. Thank you.
>>
>>50504837
But don't use zerks, just marines
>>
anyone know if the horus hersy upgrade kits fit well with chaos space marine box, im guessing its very similar to the SM shiz
>>
File: Magnus not wanna go free.jpg (165KB, 1200x716px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus not wanna go free.jpg
165KB, 1200x716px
>>50504842
>>50504872
See this. He wrecks his own guys for even attempting to free him. You could argue Tzeentch forced him but thats pretty weak.
>>
>>50504872
WoM mentioned there was a cult trying to do just that (who later got turned into mindless thralls), so we know it can happen, and some are trying to do it.

Maybe GW will bring in the blood ravens to do it? It's a stretch, but who knows
>>
>>50504289
Thousand Sons are still shit.
>>
>>50504692
I suppose. But it's not going to come up for me much when all of my models will have that 7" bubble.
>>
>>50504921
>were the first
That means they aren't the only ones. There are other cults working to free magnus.
And once again, if not magnus, who?
>>
>>50504876
The termie upgrades are pretty sweet too. And might actually be relevant now.
>>
>Chaos Players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-avN1eDoQ
>>
>>50504937
>There are other cults working to free magnus.
Just leaving it open for homebrews I guess.

>if not magnus, who?
A&O probably. My wish is redeemed Fulgrim where one of the clones of Ferrus convinces him to turn back giving the Imperium 2 loyalists.
>>
>>50504737

Rerolling ones isn't that crazy on lasguns since they are you know lasguns. And 1 relic makes rerolling orders kind of pointless since they almost auto pass.
>>
>>50504977
>A&O probably
Alpharius is dead, and it seems like HH is setting up Omegeon to by a loyalist the whole time, so that really doesn't fit the turning from chaos thing.
>>
>>50504977
More like Kaldor draigo manages to actually exorcise the daemon from him and he comes back to his senses
>>
>>50504833

I'd run Night Lords because Raptors are, in my opinion, one of the coolest looking CSM units (possibly the coolest if you include Warp Claws as Raptors), and the NL legion tactics seem to make them somewhat viable.

But those fucking stupid bat helmets look so goddamn dumb fuck
>>
>>50505007
Kaldor Draigo, sue as he is, is not powerful enough to exorcise Tzeentch himself.
>>
>>50505048
I was talking about fulgrim
>>
>>50505026

Then don't use the bat helmets, just give them mark IIIs
>>
>>50505007
>>50505048
ah, oops, thought we were still talking about magnus. though i'm pretty sure fulgrim is in the same situation. when you become a daemon prince you become partially chaos god.
>>
Do you think anyone would mind if I painted my CSM as the Purge but used the Death Guard legion rules for a CAD of them? (Using the R&H/CSM Purge Formation for the rest of them, assuming that's legal and the new legion tactics work the same as the TSons ones do)
>>
File: 99020187231_NightLordsTacSqd01.jpg (73KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
99020187231_NightLordsTacSqd01.jpg
73KB, 920x950px
>>50505026
You don't have to give them bat helms. They'd look sick with just the FW spooky skellington helms from Forgeworld.
>>
File: death guard plague marine.jpg (73KB, 580x646px) Image search: [Google]
death guard plague marine.jpg
73KB, 580x646px
I've been playing Nurgle-themed Chaos since 2nd Edition. Will I soon be called out as a WAACfag for playing Death Guard rules? Cuz they look good and I am very happy with them.

Honestly, aside from maybe the Word Bearers, it looks like everyone got something good if not incredibly strong.

Super interested in the Nurgle lore update.
>>
>>50505073
Go for it. Anyone who complains is a shit.
>>
>>50505000
The only reason I know Alpharius isnt dead is because I know they're going to want to see his modle eventually.

Even the author 'confirming' it means nothing when they can just write a new novel and un-confirm it.

>>50505007
I have just always loved the idea of Fulgrim and Ferrus in a room debating everything till Fulgrim eventually kills him. Id love to see something come out of it.
>>
>>50505073
"Counts as" is pretty typical practice, and that one even makes perfect sense.
>>
>>50502671

Is this worth buying if I haven't bought a CSM codex since 6th ed?
>>
>>50505092
>The only reason I know Alpharius isnt dead is because I know they're going to want to see his modle eventually.

Being dead didn't stop Ferrus or Horus or Curze getting a model.
>>
>>50505080
People will always accuse others of being WAACfags. WAACfagging is an attitude about anything else, play what you like.
>>
>>50505115
If you want to play CSM, you'll want this book.
>>
>>50505080
you're nurgle, not slaanesh, stop giving a shit what others think about you and do what's fun.
>>
File: heresy meter.jpg (13KB, 273x135px) Image search: [Google]
heresy meter.jpg
13KB, 273x135px
>>50502912
>>
File: 1480644666200.png (345KB, 700x569px) Image search: [Google]
1480644666200.png
345KB, 700x569px
>>50504977

Can't wait for my loyal imperial forces to be led to battle against Chaos by a giant snake man with 8 arms
>>
So, Thousand Sons are still shit, but everyone else seems to be alright?
>>
>>50502936
8th comes out next month?
>>
>>50505092
>The only reason I know Alpharius isnt dead is because I know they're going to want to see his modle eventually.
That's FW though. BL has proven time and time again it doesn't care about that, just as GW has shown they give no fucks about what Bl writes
>>
>>50505126
Thats for 30k before they were dead. That is obviously different with it seeming like the primarchs are going to be released for the 13 BC. It's just my opinon of course but I cant see GW caring about a BL book tbqh.
>>
File: rubric marine.jpg (19KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
rubric marine.jpg
19KB, 350x280px
>>50505136
rude.
>>
>>50505136
Pretty much yeah. All the gods are at least in a playable state, I think I'll be going IW offshoot for sweet sweet Obliterator Troops
>>
I love this...

Deathguard to FNP, Relentless, Fearless. This is so good it nearly makes Plague Marines worthless.

Thousand Sons got +1 invuln if you use Force Weapon and reroll DtW. Rubrics are still shit and these rules still won't help you chose CSM with MoT.

I wonder if Phil Kelly did the Legion book too cause the Thousand Sons are fucked.
>>
>>50505141
Leaks say January 2017.
>>
>>50505136
>So, Thousand Sons are still shit
Have you seen the flying circus Magnus list lol.
>>
File: What the fuck am i reading.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am i reading.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>50504269
>If formation is max size, "guns" have +1 Strength[unclear whether this is all guns, or just sonic weapons]

post yfw lascanons are str 10
>>
>>50503676
>If you lose your Warlord, another character becomes Warlord immediately: your opponent must kill all characters to get Slay the Warlord.

orbital kek that's fucking brilliant
>>
>>50505135
>implying that draigo and girlyman won't tag team him and, through the sheer power of the ward, punch the warp and chaos out of him
Do you doubt our spiritual leige?
Real talk though, it will be interesting to see what robot gillamonster does when he gers back, which should be soon, since it looks like he'll be the first loyalist back. Will he head to stop the black crusade, go beat up all the traitor primarchs running about the galaxy (as he's clearly spent the last 10,000 years in stasis thinking about how to beat them as well as everything else :^)), or just decide the imperium is fucked, it's imperium secundus 2: ruinstorm boogaloo time baby?
>>
File: 1480242915676.png (435KB, 623x629px) Image search: [Google]
1480242915676.png
435KB, 623x629px
>>50505202

Noise marines can take lascannons?
>>
File: 1479487361373.png (152KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1479487361373.png
152KB, 666x666px
>>50504269
>>
>>50505227
>Noise marines can take lascannons?

maybe in the new codex? i'd love to see that happen.
>>
>>50505169
Hey, I love Thousand Sons, but the PPM kills them.

>>50505177

My fluff has always been offshoot Thousand Sons that counteract the rhubric with a sort of reverse possession ritual.

>>50505190

Magnus doesn't make thousand sons playable, it makes Magnus a crutch.

My biggest hope is that they change marked psykers not HAVE to roll on their patron. That way, they get the Primaris for the chaos focus, and can freely roll.

That won't happen though.
>>
>>50504815
Be careful with the helmet spikes. They will break with the slightest provocation.
And sometimes just randomly, just to fuck with you.
>>
>>50505207
I swear if that rules name isn't along the lines of "No, I'm Alpharius" I'll cry
>>
>>50505183
>>50505141
Hah no. Maybe the middle of the year.
>>
>>50505297
It's "Many heads of the hydra."
>>
>>50505281
>That way, they get the Primaris for the chaos focus, and can freely roll.
What else do you even want to roll on honestly? A psyker list with those powers could be hilarious.
>>
>>50505284
Yeah. I'll probably hit the helmets with hardcoat and then a matte spray.
>>
>>50505073
It makes sense, the purge are just as favored as death guard by nurgle.

This update makes me wanna drop the renegade artillery batteries I have for relentless havocs with FnP shitting on dreams
>>
>>50504181
>fearless, FnP, +1 ld AND +1 toughness
Imagine the bikers
>>
>>50505181
Death Guard and World Eaters just basically just turn the whole army into cult troops. You don't need to bother with the elite versions.
>>
>>50505314
Eh it's cool but it's not very funny
>>
>>50505353
>>50505357
I'm so fucking hype
>>
>>50505315

Honestly? I'd be happy with the 4 schools from Traitors Hate.
>>
>>50503676
>>50503676
What Warlord Trait would really benefit from basically always being around?
>>
For the Emperor's Children, I'm currently wondering where
>models still get 1 attack if killed before they have a chance to attack in melee
will be of most use, since everything should be I5 anyway.
Terminators? Due to no frag grenades? A "fuck you, unwieldy" power axe attack from a fallen terminator? Heroic melta bomb from an already-dead sergeant?
Also, while I really do love the 6+ FNP I still can't ever really see myself paying the 30 points for a Banner of Excess-- what do you think? It'd be cool in a 20 man squad... but who the fuck does that.
Even so, fearless, drugs, and the Kakaphoni formation have me amped. Hell, splitfire alone makes managing actual noise marine squads so much easier.
>>
>>50502087
Sounds pretty good to be honest.
I would be pretty scared if I was anyone except Tau or Eldar or a min maxed Space Marines army.
>>
>>50505443
Strategy, it provides army wide buffs rather than buffs to the model (which may suddenly be your havoc champion sitting on the back line)
>>
>>50505443

You have to roll a new trait each time.
>>
>>50505111
>>50505089

Alright thanks m8s

My plan is to eventually run a bunch of R&H artillery as support (I asked about it a few threads ago if anyone remembers), but not so much that my turn takes 1000000000 years.

I was just fucking around in battlescribe and came up with a 1000 points list that looks fun but probably terrible. Any suggestions? In real games (1850) it'd have a bunch of renegade meat shields.

The Purge Detachment 1000 points
>Terminator Lord (172) - Chainfist, MoN, Sigil of Corruption, Combi-Bolter
>Terminators (182) -3x Terminator with Power Maul and Combi-Melta, Champion with Power Fist and Combi-Melta, all have MoN
>Mutilator (61) - MoN
>Mutilator (61) - MoN
>Plague Marines (253) - Rhino with Dirge Caster, Dozer Blades; Champion with Plague Knife, Combi-Plasma; 6x Plague Marines; 2x Plasma Gun
>Havocs (115) - 4x Autocannon, MoN
>Obliterator (76) - MoN
>Obliterator (76) - MoN
>>
>>50505358
Well you can still say it every time you inform your opponent who counts as the new warlord.
>>
File: 1480596476071.jpg (116KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480596476071.jpg
116KB, 720x960px
>>50505396
Yeah ok. Honestly though Im pretty happy with these. A war coven/ahriman exiles formation as a part of the war cabal is going to be solid I think. Rerolling perils harnessing on 3+ depending on which one you roll.
>>
>>50505465
>will be of most use, since everything should be I5 anyway.
Now we can comfortably take Power Fists and Axes.
Before they were a waste of our improved initiative, now not so much anymore.
>>
>>50503984
Fucking tasty, especially if the relics are lots of ml1 and zealot like it sounds.

Oh yes, I can serve the octet with this.
>>
Holy fuck, apparently one of the World Eaters Warlord Traits lets you declare a charge in the ENEMYS assault phase.
>>
>>50504269

Since Noise Marine guns already ignore cover, does that mean they're good against things with Stealth and Shrouded like the Tau Stealth Suits or the Genestealers?
>>
File: 1480458257612.gif (732KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480458257612.gif
732KB, 200x200px
>>50503984
>1. Possessed are Troops

Wow thanks GW
>>
>>50505501

The problem with the Tzeentch table is the Primaris is literal dog shit

>2 dice to manifest
>roll for strength
>pray you don't scatter
>roll to wound
>pray they don't save

Statistically speaking, this power will do zero damage.

At the very least, they should have made the Primaris a blessing of some sort to trigger the legion tactic.
>>
>>50505484
With the changes I'd take Havocs over Oblis any day.

Also Havocs with the MoN are 130 points.

Also I wouldn't use the purge detachment. The Chaos Warband detachment gives you objective secured and you'll want that on your new reliant toys.
>>
>Thousand Sons get brand new models, entire campaign book revolving around them, get totally shafted on rules
>Other legions get no new models, incredible rules

Must feel pretty bad to be a 1ksonsfag right now.
>>
>>50505501
War Coven only harnesses on a 3+ for a single discipline from the BRB (yes, you are forced to throw a single die at the discipline that you AREN'T specializing in). Ahriman's Exiles is minimum 710 points. 830 once you include ML3 and Spell Familiars.

Tzeentch's Firestorm and Boon of Mutation are still dog shit. Siphon Magic can be good on casters with multiple powers, especially paired with one of the "harness on 3+" formations, but it's shit for Aspiring Sorcerers.
>>
File: 1281472154633.png (9KB, 351x227px) Image search: [Google]
1281472154633.png
9KB, 351x227px
>>50505606

just as keikaku
>>
>>50505563
yep, and if you bring 6 squads, theyre all str5. So basically ignores cover heavy bolters
>>
File: hopesdeleted.jpg (38KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
hopesdeleted.jpg
38KB, 625x351px
>>50502671
>>
>>50505606
Eh, I also collect Black Legion, so at least I get to make still pretty crappy fun lists based around teleporting a big brick of terminators into the enemy's face turn 1.
>>
>>50505129

Thanks senpai, my Iron Warrior Dinobots need to be dusted off.
>>
>>50505597
>Also Havocs with the MoN are 130 points.

Whoops, my bad. I was writing the list in the Reply window and forgot to write down the points after I remembered to put the MoN on. The list was still 999 points total. I mostly just want the Obliterators for fluff reasons.

The plan was basically to run the Purge at 1000 points for an elite Nurgle army, then swap it to a CAD (with some changes) at 1850 and run an R&H detachment as the Purge. The reason I didn't bother with Obsec is that I figured a Nurgle army full of big spiky dudes and Plague Marines would have too few units on the table for it to make any reasonable difference anyway.
>>
>>50505634
Pay attention. The Decurion Detachments are exactly what people were asking for.
>>
File: 20161203_120923.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_120923.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Finally I reason to take my Death Guard out!
>>
>>50505532
>>50505577

Word Bearers relics(quoted from veteran "english is not my first language" noob)

skull of monarchia (15) bearer & unit can re-roll to-hit rolls in CC vs. armies of imperium, and if vs. ultramarines can also reroll wounds.
crown of blasphemer (30) 4+ invuln, adam will, fear
malefic tome (10)know 1 additional power from demon(maelific)
script of erebus (15) once/game start of any psy phase generate D6 warp charges
Baleful iron(15) units must re-roll successful chrages at you/unit and lose bonus charge attack
curded Croszius (35) melee S+2, consussive, Bane of Men (you have pref enemy: armies of imperium)

I really hope that Crozius has good AP value, otherwise it's a joke. The other items are really good though.
>>
>>50504653

Last vanilla space marine release was in 2013 unless you count Angels of Death which had no 40k models and the Stormhawk Interceptor.
>>
>>50505578
>he problem with the Tzeentch table is the Primaris is literal dog shit
Why would you ever use it? Just use force to activate the buff then let your 4 geared out sorcs go to town.

>>50505609
>Aspiring Sorcerers.
Aspiring Sorcerers are still going to roll for buffs and if they get it yay, if not force. But yes shit expensive and rng. Im just not sure what else you're supposed to fill out? A Full war cabal with Tzaangor warherd support? Sorcerers feel the most fluffy if they can work.
>>
>>50505682
100% it's ap4
>>
As a Space Marine player I'm really fucking hoping this release turns out at least decent for CSM so it attracts some more people to them, I'm sick of everyone playing Xenos. You might be heretical hell-spawn worshipping traitors but you're MY heretical hell-spawn worshipping traitors.

Now about those new models...
>>
>>50505650

If you collect Black Legion you can run any of these and still be fluffy (especially if you own enough cult troops)
>>
>>50502317
>>50502567

I play my IG as a mass of men, supported by the Crazy Padres, that surge forward pressuring the opponent while my leman russes, manticore and chimera vets do the real damage.

I have had much better results using infantry platoons as agressively as possible (like holding off a D-thirster with 10 guardsmen and a priest), rather than sitting about waiting for the enemy to come to you.
>>
File: DG Double Core.png (115KB, 676x2030px) Image search: [Google]
DG Double Core.png
115KB, 676x2030px
Quick list I threw together. Not very refined and no transports but I wanted to see if you could fit 6 havoc squads in two Warbands. Can be done without sacrificing too many upgrades. Just a slow army beyond the bikes and termies.
>>
wrath of magnus epub WHERE
>>
>>50505755

Damn. Missed some MoNs. Makes it less plausible.
>>
>>50505755

you have to take MoN on everything
>>
>>50505768
kys, child
>>
I dunno squat about SoB lore but can they be tainted by chaos?
>>
>>50505795
no i can't kill myself until after i get this book

also i'm 22
>>
>>50505815
Are you a boy or a girl?
>>
>>50505805
Yes. Although their faith in the Emperor provides them with significant protection, despite Black Library's indications otherwise.
>>
>>50505827
i'm a dude

girls are cute though. i wish everyone was a girl.
>>
Any word on the expanded disciplines of Nurgle and Slaanesh?
>>
>>50505862
Yeah they look fucking incredible.
>>
>>50505862
I'm looking forward to the expanded Slaanesh Discipline-- since it was the only one worth taking in the first place.
>>
>>50505854
But if we were all girls there would be no cute boys to give us attention!
>>
What's the guess on which models gain the Legion Tactics benefit? Obviously standard Chaos Space Marines will as well as units based on them (ie. bikers, havocs, raptors) Will Obliterators get the bonuses? Cultists? Spawn?

I'm pretty excited for the new rules either way. I think if I had one complaint, it's the lack of some way to "mark" vehicles. More specifically, dreadnoughts/helbrutes. Would have been a nice bit of flavor.

>>50505805
He said squat. Reset the clock.
>>
>>50505890
>girls can't love girls
Wew lad
>>
>>50505862
>>50505873
>>50505878
--Nurgle Discipline
primaris: Nurgle's Rot [1]
nova, doesn't affect mk Nurgle or demon Nurgle S2, AP5, assault D6+1 (Poisone 4+)

malediction 24" target unit's gain Gets Hot [1]
blessing friendly psyker w/in 14" immediately regain D3 wounds lost earlier
blessing range 14" unit's melee weapons gain poison 4+, or poison 2+ if they already had 4 [1]
malediction enemy w/in 48" - roll on table to reduce their stats [1]
witchfire 12" s1 AP 2, large blast poison 4+ [2]
blessing friendly or malediction, range 21", +1 or =1 t strength & tough
-Slaanesh Discipline
primaris witchfire 24" S4, AP4, assault 4, blind, concussive, pinning [1]
blessing 12" roll on table for bonus Init, str, or att [1]
blessing 12" gain FnP 4 [1]
malediction 21", takes 1 BS and WS from target, any sonic weapons shooting this targeted unit add +1 str (cumulative!) [1]
nova 9" S5 AP4 assault D6,pinning, ignores cover [1]
bea, 18" S8, AP2 assault 1, mental anguish (before attack, target takes ldsh test and if fails you reroll to-wounds here) [2]
witchfire 24" S-special AP - assault 1, ignores cover, ecstasy (no roll to wound, rather all non-vehicles hit themselves using their own unmodified strength [2]

I appreciate the leaks but why do they always have to come from some non-english speaker who types with his fucking feet on a mobile device, had to fix like 5 spelling errors and its still formatted like garbage
>>
File: egAzSzG.png (54KB, 872x614px) Image search: [Google]
egAzSzG.png
54KB, 872x614px
Stolen from Dakka for quick reference and future threads
>>
>>50505921

>boys can't love boys
Wew Lad
>>
>Noise Marine champion has Boltgun and Bolt Pistol, making him the only unit champion to not have BP+CCW
>no option to swap for a CCW or buy a regular one
>can only trade the Bolt Pistol if he wants an upgraded melee weapon
>can't buy a Sonic Blaster
Man, every time I open this book I find some new nugget of stupidity.
>>
Since Mutilators have Tank Hunter now, what's the most damage they could do to a Knight in melee?
>>
>>50505929
That's a retarded list not worth reposting. That wording for the BL Hatred is confusing as fuck, and he doesn't even bother listing their detachment bonuses. The Thousand Sons one ignores all the benefits that will actually be used and jumps to the one that requires thousands of points of models to activate.
>>
New bread
>>50506011
>>50506011
>>50506011
>>
>>50505982
See BL FAQ, they get one free
>>
File: lorgar mad.png (2MB, 1021x993px) Image search: [Google]
lorgar mad.png
2MB, 1021x993px
Is it just me or are these Word Bearers rules unbearably bad? Every single other legion, even Thousand Sons and Black Legion, get something awesome.

Meanwhile Word Bearers get what, slightly better dark apostles and sorcerers plus some relics to help them with summoning? FFS Crimson Slaughter have better possessed than them.

Also this Decurion does what, lets us run and pursue faster? And free boons? How is that comparable to, say, Alpha Legion getting shrouded on turn 1 and free cultists, or Black Legion getting to run a proper Justaerin force in 40k and do deathwing assaults better than deathwing?

Am I missing something here?
>>
So what would you guys change about Possessed to make them worthwhile?
>>
>>50506288

Two wounds each, like Wulfen and 30k possessed
>>
>>50505683
2015. Codex Space Marines for 7th came out on June 2015
>>
>>50501980
IMPERIAL AGENT NEWS ?! ANYONE?!
>>
>>50503676
>2. If you lose your Warlord, another character becomes Warlord immediately: your opponent must kill all characters to get Slay the Warlord.

Glorious.
>>
Please let next thing on the agenda be giving the Guard a supplement that gives rules for different regiments

Never ever ;_;
>>
>>50507332
Rejoyce, for forgeworld already has that covered.
>>
Thoughts on this list for Black Templars. Just getting back into the hobby after 6 years off.

Combined Arms Detachment
Emperor's Champion

Crusader Squad
9x Initiates
Flamer
Power Fist
1x Sword Brother w/ Power Sword & Melta Bombs
Land Raider Crusader w/ Multi-Melta

Crusader Squad
9x Initiates
Flamer
Power Fist
1x Sword Brother w/ Power Sword & Melta Bombs
Land Raider Crusader w/ Multi-Melta

Bike Squad
2x Grav-guns
Sergeant w/ Combi-Grav

Bike Squad
2x Grav-guns
Sergeant w/ Combi-Grav

Devestator Squad
4x Lascannon
Armourium Cherub

Oathsworn Detachment
Imperial Knight Crusader
>>
So I keep wondering about Bullgryns.

They're TEQ cost, but can't stand up to actual terminators for shit. They take another 15 points to get AP4 and a 5++ and can never get better than a 3+ save.

OTOH they're S5 and have 5 attacks on the charge with HoW. They're basically a melee unit specifically for dealing with GEQ and worse.

Or a walking source of 4+ cover, which is especially nice if I want to keep a Demolisher alive for more than a turn.

But at the same time...I noticed pic related...and...

>ANON WAS TAKEN BY A FEY MOOD
>Required materials
>AoS Bullgors
>Bullgryn chestplates
>slabshields
>mortars (bullgors are bigger than ogryns but the mortar is also a s4ap6 weapon)
>power mauls
>brute shields
>a metric fuckton of greenstuff
>>
File: b068g98g5ni9tgdfhiuetbhg9i[1].png (675KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
b068g98g5ni9tgdfhiuetbhg9i[1].png
675KB, 600x450px
01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100111 01101100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.