[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CYOA Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 416
Thread images: 46

File: zWBO49.png (5MB, 1200x7350px) Image search: [Google]
zWBO49.png
5MB, 1200x7350px
TAKE IT TO /POL/ edition.

Last thread: >>50486756
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
>>
File: 2Ap3Tq.png (3MB, 1200x7900px) Image search: [Google]
2Ap3Tq.png
3MB, 1200x7900px
>>50500114
>>
File: E7vxYc.png (4MB, 1200x7000px) Image search: [Google]
E7vxYc.png
4MB, 1200x7000px
>>50500128
>>
File: AtomicManCYOA prt1.jpg (2MB, 1600x5150px) Image search: [Google]
AtomicManCYOA prt1.jpg
2MB, 1600x5150px
Got a doll, baby, I love her so
Nothing else like her anywhere you go
Man, she's anything but calm
A regular pint sized atom bomb
>>
File: enLzXj.png (3MB, 1200x4600px) Image search: [Google]
enLzXj.png
3MB, 1200x4600px
>>50500151
>>
>>50500114
Priorities for this thread:
Ero-Hunters and Ero-Academy brainstorming.

Emphasis: Yandere-subbies who won't let senpai hunt anyone else.
Methods: You've got to get them addicted to you and your soft butt.
Notes: They can do anything they want, as long as it's to you.
>>
File: 1452128905008.jpg (2MB, 1200x5300px) Image search: [Google]
1452128905008.jpg
2MB, 1200x5300px
>>
File: AtomicManCYOA prt2.jpg (1MB, 1600x3300px) Image search: [Google]
AtomicManCYOA prt2.jpg
1MB, 1600x3300px
>>50500207
>>
For the sake of discussion:
Let's say that a genie/entity/whatever, offered to you for real the chance of a CYOA to actually apply to you: which one you'd choose? (considering also consequences and all?)
>>
>>50498345
Can we include shit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a85Xdmk_WIA
>>
File: Fuckit.jpg (594KB, 625x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckit.jpg
594KB, 625x800px
Traveler soon fellow anons.
>>
File: djinn 1.2.0.jpg (7MB, 1280x9501px) Image search: [Google]
djinn 1.2.0.jpg
7MB, 1280x9501px
>>50500347
This one, always this one.

My build >>50338621.
>>
File: djinn 1.2.0 - box.jpg (2MB, 1280x2200px) Image search: [Google]
djinn 1.2.0 - box.jpg
2MB, 1280x2200px
>>50500482
>>
>>50500229
Your misuse of the term "yandere" aside, that sounds pretty fun.
>>
>>50500347
I'd write one and use that, obviously.
>>
File: UW1.5.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
UW1.5.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50500347
Does anyone have the more recent version of <?

Anyway, this one. Maybe Ship but idk.
>>
>>50500534
Could you explain how they're misusing "yandere"?
>>
>>50500534
Crazy love is crazy love.
>>
>>50500896
>>50500913
I don't want the argument, I apologize for mentioning it at all and won't mention it again.
>>
>>50500534
But Anon, I didn't misuse the term at all! It means crazy-love.
A yandere-sub craves submission to her owner to the isolating exclusion of everyone else. She will handle all his orders, and learn every suitable skill to do so. Well, at least the 'isolating' type of yandere.
There's also the powerbottom type that will make sure he has no sperm for anyone else.

As for the CYOA, I was considering the possible skill divisions:
First, we have the illusion/trickery powerbottom. Whatever you're hunting, she'll be taking the form of it. Bratty-subset, she only reveals it's her right as you orgasm so she can savor your horrific realization of being trapped again.
No harvested virginities for you this Culling.

Second, the "I accept my fate" honeypot tree. Everything's around being the most appealing public use there is.

Third, the reverse-hunter:
No, you really wanted to have me instead. No, you won't be able to enjoy anyone else when I'm done with you. Push my around all you want cutie, my butt will be the only thing in your head.

Then might want to do a 'dominant hunter' tree. Ideas, alterations?
>>
>>50500114
>Waifish Orphan Witch
>Mammal
>The Horrors
>Charming
>Detector
>Guide
>Venomous
>Sage

When I first met my master, she was passed out in the ruins of the ritual that had granted her magical powers. She was lying in the centre of a ring of rune-covered standing stones that had recently been decorated by meaty chunks of exploded cultists. Taking the form of a four-eyed, five legged cat with two fox tails, I nudged her awake and set about guiding her to the nearest settlement.

The kid knew nothing about magic or how to wield it, so straight away we started asking around to see if we could find some magical books or scrolls. Which immediately got us stoned by angry villagers for being "a witch" and driven back into the wilderness. It was hard, but we eventually found our way to the city, where we could get food through theft and begging. It was hard, but we were surviving... until she met the "gang".

Not really a gang. A bunch of rich kids who referred to each other as "the gang", who wore fine clothes and learned magic through tuition and schooling instead of through experience and practice. Snobby and stuck up, they convinced my master to follow them with the promise of teaching her magical secrets. They never did - only drip-feeding her the most basic knowledge, stringing her along, while buttering her up. Lowering her defenses.
>>
>>50500986
I like the idea of a Dominant Hunter. They know how to make you hurt so good, and have the kind of commanding presence where you have no choice but to bow down and serve. Oh, and bondage. Lots of magical and nonmagical bondage.
>>
File: grill 5.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
grill 5.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50500347
This one.
>>
>>50501069
>Oh, and bondage. Lots of magical and nonmagical bondage.

So since it's effectively centered around The Culling, might we want to have the dominance hunters like that "Dead by Daylight" game? Except, you know, sexier. If that's even possible.

Maybe have dom and sub sides as columns on the Illusions/Fate/Control trees?
>>
File: Classes.png (3MB, 1300x2900px) Image search: [Google]
Classes.png
3MB, 1300x2900px
Felt motivated. Made
>OC
>>
>>50501167
Is that a succubus brewmaster with a bottle of Perrier?
>>
>>50501057
I tried to warn her, but she didn't listen. She was desperate for friends, for affection. After losing everything, they were the closest thing she had to humans who cared about her. Then came the dare.

The brats told her to go down into the sewers and defeat the ghoul hiding within. When she tried to refuse, they became monsters, shouting at her, abusing her. They said they wouldn't be friends anymore unless she did it. What girl could say no? So she went into the sewers. I followed of course, cursing the brats every step and worrying for my master.

The battle with the ghoul was the most ghastly experience of my unlife. I have never known fear as I did when I saw my master's small frame silhouetted against the towering cannibal, cast into shadow by its' glowing eyes. She defeated it by a hair, and returned to the surface badly wounded, but bearing its' hand as proof.

She was so happy to see "the gang" again...
>>
>>50500945
Not those guys, but I am very interested in your definition of this.
>>
>>50501167
Anon, in three words you proved that you are the role model this board needs, if not the one it deserves.
>>
>>50501088
Despite my eyes glazing over almost immediately, I read the whole first page with excruciatingly thoroughness and scanned the rest, paying attention to mechanics which was mostly rolling.

Nothing enticed me to play the thing. Never have I seen so much drab workup to nothing special.
>>
>>50501167
Intersting

Probably going with inspirer, and if we know already about them, going on a hunt to purge the world out of whisperers. They are too powerful to be let alive for long.
>>
>>50501167
Trader. Time to engage in Jewish physics.
>>
>>50501208
They betrayed her, of course. Pushed her into the mud. Mocked her. Sneered at her. Said they had only been friends with her because they had wanted the hand. They took it from her and left her, in the mud and the rain, at the park where she had first met them, dying.

I tried to get help. I ran to the constabulary. I ran to the healer. I exhorted people on the streets. But none would listen to a mutant cat. In the end I returned to her, defeated. She was lying in the mud. Curled up, shivering, blood flowing from the wounds in her stomach and neck, mixing with the mud. All I could do was curl up in her arms and be there... as she faded away.
>>
>>50501209
Will this become the new CYOA thread derailer?!

Not him, but I always classed:
Yandere-Dom: Time to lock you in my basement cutie. Don't worry, I poured the concrete just for you, it has your favorite puppy pawprints in it. Make sure to thank me by filling me full of babies every day, okay?

Yandere-Sub: Nothing matters but master. And there is NOTHING I won't do for him. His every wish, need, desire... mmph. And if any sluts even twitch their eyebrow at him THEY'RE DEAD.

Wherein the Sub variety was suggested as a potential option for an Ero-Hunters CYOA.
>>
>>50501167
Creator. Finally I will be able to focus.
>>
File: CYOA41.jpg (4MB, 1000x9000px) Image search: [Google]
CYOA41.jpg
4MB, 1000x9000px
>>
File: do-over.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
do-over.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50501265
This one has a bit more substance to it.
>>
>>50501167

>Creator
>>
>>50501369
>spoiler state is persistent
Fuck.
>>
>>50501088
>>50501369

It's the formatting. Both of those are eye-glaze formatted. I doubt most people will get through the first few seconds of reading.
>>
>>50501167
Trader. I provide an essential service to humanity in general and the other classes specifically. As long as someone is willing to talk, ie. they don't just slit my throat before I can propose anything, I think I'm relatively safe from all other classes.

It will be fun brokering deals, forging alliances, and in this way keeping people sharp of mind and honest to their promises, both to themselves and to others.
>>
>>50501348
>Deku Leaf is 70.
>Roc's Cape is only 30.
The fuck? The latter is significantly better than the former. Gusts of wind aren't worth 40 rupees.
>>
>>50501401
To be honest, it's not just the formatting. I guess you can argue that at some point if you scope in enough presentation crosses over with content, but formatting is more basic than that.

I mean, if the formatting is fixed it becomes that much easier for people to look at it and home in on the non-formatting things so they can point them out to be fixed, so it's a good starting point. But there's more to fix then just formatting.
>>
File: CYOA19.jpg (4MB, 1200x9000px) Image search: [Google]
CYOA19.jpg
4MB, 1200x9000px
>>
>>50501167
Radar. That secondary ability is goddamn amazing, considering the vast majority of people don't know their classes. Which means I'm now the guy who can help them find their special skill.

Oh, and it's also extremely useful for finding lost people, making money by finding lost treasures or fossils, and similar things. Plus it's excellent for making rush deliveries, and depending on whether it can sense obstacles, could be fantastic for illegal activities.
>>
File: rattus.jpg (67KB, 736x568px) Image search: [Google]
rattus.jpg
67KB, 736x568px
>>50500114
>Oh... it appears you're dead

Ya think? I took an 18-wheeler to the face. People don't survive that.

>Some fade slowly away

Oh, good, oblivion's an option.

>Magic circle

As is this. Let's see what's behind door number four.

>CLASS: Witch
Huh. Well, okay.

>NAME: Amelia
Cute enough name.

>AGE CATEGORY: Waifish Orphan
Ah, I see. Shackle me to a child and try to tug at my heartstrings. Well, it's working. You happy now?

>MY NAME: 'Skitters'
She is really not very creative yet. We're gettin' there, though!

>SPECIES: Mammal (rat)
Ya get it?

>FOCUS: The Body
>POWER: Humanize
She just wants a friend. Ain't that cute? Why I oughta...

>PERKS: Charming, Detector, Digger, Telepathic
And of course this direct line to her mind /totally/ isn't going to influence my personality at /all/.

>JOB: Mascot
See? It's starting already! If I were still the same as I was before, I'd have gone Layabout and kept myself alive as long as possible. Rats don't even live that long!

>EVENTS: A Forbidden Love
Oh, and now I have to help her find love! Well, that's just great. Maybe if this keeps up I'll learn how to spontaneously generate musical numbers. I mean, come on, the boy's a Necromancer!
>>
>>50501167
>a Whisperer's whispers are initially weak and obviously an intrusion
>if a target realizes they are being whispered to, they gain total immunity from all Whisperers
>Whisperers are nearly useless, and incredibly vulnerable to the incompetence of every other Whisperer as well as powers like those of Radars
I'm thinking this needs to be tweaked a bit.
>>
>>50501167
Neat. Let's go with Creator.
>>
>>50501619
There are no other Whisperers. One at most.
>>
>>50501619
>I'm thinking this needs to be tweaked a bit.

Speaking of, it seems a bit like the Trader has some implicit whispering powers. With the 'deals hard to resist'.

And couldn't the Trader actually trade for other people's abilities?

It's also no clarified under what conditions someone could agree to the 'nickle for house' trade. Like, can you just go to a bar, and bank some real estate off drunk people?
>>
>>50501348
>Silver Gauntlets 455
>Ball and Chain 395
>Soup Bottle 320

>Bunny Hood 280
>Giant's Mask 230

>Fairy 226
>King Harkinian 210
>Great Fairy 0

Using the mysterious and legendary power to wear two different things on my head at once, I wreck shit with my magical giantess waifu.
>>
>>50500114
>Waifish Orphan
>Mammal (Raccoon)
>The Alleys, Urban Whispers
>Freedom, Vanish, Wand User, Charming(ugh)
>Scout/Spy

For fuck's sake, they told me a raccoon would have proper hands! These look like opposable thumbs to you?!
>>
A few days ago, I remember seeing an interactive webapp thingie for slutlife. Anybody got that link by chance?
>>
File: part 4.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
part 4.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>50501348
Gilded sword
Mirror Shield
Gold Gauntlets
Long shot
Zora Mask
King Harkinian
>>
>>50501663
Then why bother specifying ALL whipserers?

>>50501666
I'm thinking the trick to Trader will be natural language deals that people accept without thinking. "Just don't hurt me and we can talk if we want." "I'll buy you a drink and then you'll be my friend, ok?" Things like lover's oaths, fealty, ritualized promises that are common in society... the possibilities are endless.
>>
>>50501088
I read through the whole thing, it wasn't bad (though the point buy system got confusing at times).
>>
>>50501167
Quick question; can I inspire myself with Inspirer?
>>
>>50501732
>the possibilities are endless
I am considering however that a Learner with a stack of dictionaries could potentially trick a Trader.

Maybe even into getting the Trader ability.
>>
>>50501732
A leftover from before the "It is rare for two people to have the same class" clause was added?
>>
>>50501770
>Oi cunt fuck off with that tricky shit
Congratulations, you accomplished fuckall.
>>
>>50501791
Obviously if you're going to trick him, he wouldn't KNOW you're doing it.

Or you could just kidnap his family or some shit. You know.
>>
>>50501812
But the lore text thingy says all humans get a class; who knows what classes they have and how dangerous they will be?
>>
>>50501167

If I'm in RL, Creator can be godlike.
Definitively picking it.
>>
>>50501812
And how are you going to trick him?
Any half-decent Trader won't agree to any deal he doesn't understand, especially if you just resort to using long words or hidden meanings.
>>
>>50501833
Radar does.
>>
>>50500114
>Io, The Grand Architect and Father of Time
>not Io, divine priestess/princess seduced by the king of the gods and scourged by a queen's jealousy curses all the way to Egypt where she is worshiped as the goddess Isis
This kills my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>50501779
Rare is not nonexistent. Gold is "rare"; not counting the gold left undisturbed in the earth, there are about 160,000 tonnes of gold available to humanity.
>>
>>50501868
You fucking torture him in your basement.

But seriously, there's a whole massive field of contract lawyers and legislators around this very problem in society.

Trader might not be as 'easy' as people believe with all the double meanings involved.
>>
>>50501770
One of the best defenses as a trader are not to be a shitty parasite. I would make deals that benefit both parties whenever possible, and serve an irreplaceable function in this hypothetical economy.

Basically, if I do my job well, why fuck me over and take my powers? Would you "steal" your lawyer's ability to be a lawyer so you could do all the work yourself instead of paying them to do it? Do you think people will be cool if you just depower one of their allies?
>>
>>50501167
Top Tier: Trader, Radar
High Tier: Creator, Visualist
Mid Tier: Learner, Mixologist
Low Tier: Burglar, Explorer
Bottom Tier: Whisperer, Inspirer
>>
>>50501897
This is why I think it's more important to provide a transparently mutually beneficial arrangement between various different class types. Eventually people are going to opt in, or copy you; since Trader can broker agreements that can't be cheated, peace and operational trust is exponentially easier to achieve and factions that essentially believe in the same ideals can integrate seamlessly and without incident. And if a few people benefit disproportionately because of the disproportionate utility they provide, then so be it...
>>
>>50502014
One issue with Trader in that regard might be the possibility of imbalanced abstract trades:

People might inherently fear the Trader's power, given that if he siphons enough abstract trades (ex. Loyalty), he could grow very dominant indeed.

While it may look appealing from a power acquisition standpoint, you should also look at it from "how will other people react": there might well be Radars and Learner-Lawyers out there gunning for Traders in an arms-race.
>>
>>50501348
1. Fairy x 25 (100 rupees)
Yeah, man 25 extra lives? What's not to love
2. Wisdom triforce (400 rupees)
Infinite wisdom fills my mind, and the folly of my first choice is revealed to me an instant before I suffer the consequences

>Hay! Hay! Listen! Hay, listen! Hay! Hay! Listen! Listen! Hay!
>>
>>50502096
All a Trader has to do is create trust by giving in kind: I won't lie to you and you won't lie to me, etc. Also, the CYOA states that your reputation as a trader does not hurt your ability to trade; people might be wary at first but this quickly evaporates.

In fact, a Trader would be an excellent mechanism for a kind of unassailable journalism that is actually forced to obey its precepts.

I suppose that people who don't ever deal with the Trader or anyone who does, the Trader could be raised as a spectre of fear that people can focus their insecurities on and if they never come to the table with the Trader can maintain their irrational and unproductive mix fear and distrust.
>>
>>50501666
>And couldn't the Trader actually trade for other people's abilities?
I don't think so, Satan. The abstract things they can sell for are promises to do things, not skills, memories, or the like. They can just hold you to any agreements you make, rather than being able to warp reality with a trade.
>>
>>50502186
If you are the author, I'll accept that.

I'm interested enough in this that I've already started formulating a sort of "Rules of Robotics" for Trading. A set of conditions that all sides have to agree to in order to enter into a Trade, so that people are protected enough to actually bother making Trades in the first place.
>>
>>50502248
>so that people are protected enough to actually bother making Trades in the first place

It looks like it's inspired by No Game No Life. That had the provision that pledges had to be considered of equal value by both parties.

>>50502177
>All a Trader has to do is create trust by giving in kind

I'm not sure that's particularly reliable. Many people see that as being more dubious and suspicious. Since there's always the power he's concealing his development of bound-loyalty assassins. People fear hidden power.
>>
File: NANI.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NANI.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50500114
>>50500128
>>50500151
>>50500207

>Waifish Orphan
Something went wrong- this is no simple spirit.
>Mammal
It looks almost human, but that's impossible.
>Body: Cleanse
It's so precise it can pluck a parasite away from a vital place.
>Detector, Vanish, Speedy, Sturdy
No one else can see, at least no one besides... Other users.
>Protector
>Secrets Below
I shall call it... STAR PLATINUM
>>
>>50501167
I feel like the learner is poorly names. Going strictly by the text of the abilities given, their power is just reading and memorizing text, not learning. A real learner would be able to learn skills rapidly by doing them, you would see their doodles turn into portraits in days or weeks rather than years.
tl;dr: learners should have enhanced learning rate, otherwise rename them to "bookworm" or "reader"
>>
>>50502248
I'm not, I'm just using logical reasoning. The abstract trades are for "an honest option, a vote, or a promise", which are things people are capable of actually giving to you. It's not for "skills, youth, your appearance," or other things they can't give. So until the author says otherwise, I'd assume a Trader can hold you to your promises, but can't make you capable of trading something you're not capable of actually providing to someone.
>>
>>50502326
Which posits a question:

That leaves 'eternal slavery' as an option. Can you jokingly say "I'll give you this nickel for your undying fealty?" What if they agree as a joke?

Can you literally buy slaves, except now there's never any escape for them?
>>
>>50502295
>No Game No Life
Trader-like concepts have existed long before that show. The whole idea of promises that can't be broken is ancient.

>giving in kind is dubious and suspicious
How? Mutual loyalty is much different then assassin slaves; it's how regular organizations work anyway. Besides, if you deal for mutual honesty you can ask him and find out the truth yourself. Or he can make a deal that everything he's said in a particular session or speech to be true.

The real question is, how are deals sealed? Can you just agree mentally and the deal magic will slide into place, or do you have to say it aloud in a language you both understand so that everyone in the deal can hear it?
>>
>>50502381
>undying fealty
>on death, become a wight
I think Traders only being able to hold you to your promises rather than the conditions of the deal being axiomatically true makes sense.

This, however, opens up things like "you promised you wouldn't X!" "I set things in motion before I made my deal; there's nothing I can do now" sort of stuff.
>>
>>50502381
Again, not the author, but I don't see why not. But the Trader has to be careful; they might be immune to the law, but they're not immune to vigilante justice.
>>
>>50502475
Yeah, a lot of things you can promise in a deal become worthless based on circumstance, since every promise is subject to an unspoken "to the best of my ability since I am not in fact an infallible or all powerful force of reality".

Will Trades be binding if one party is operating under a false/shared identity? Can a position or title make a deal, with the restrictions being passed on to the next person to take on the title or position?

If you say, "in return, I will take off my shirt at midnight tonight". Are you allowed to weasel your way out of this by having yourself locked in a room without any shirts, or are you forced to plan your best between now and then so that when midnight tolls you will be wearing a shirt so that you can take it off? If you are a shitty planner, can this plan fail? Or are you made a perfect planner by this power, at least where your promise is fullfulled, until the conditions are met?

It would be hilarious if you promised to assassinate the king as a part of a deal and then later you were like "I kind of procrastinated and then it was the day of and I was in the wrong city" or "I forgot".

The Trader's abilities are like having super strength or speed as a super power; for it to make sense when examined closely and still work as intended, you have to consider all sorts of complimentary and supporting effects and powers.
>>
File: 1480269739840.png (4MB, 1857x4420px) Image search: [Google]
1480269739840.png
4MB, 1857x4420px
reposting this CYOA I saw a couple threads back because I think it was nice.
>>
>>50502651
>I kind of procrastinated
Presumably the magic will completely remove that idea from your mind. You'd probably do it and not even realize you could have done anything else.
>>
>>50502651
I think people are overlooking the more mundane uses of Trades. Things like New Year's resolutions can become binding, if you want them to; you can even put in a clause that a certain set of people can agree to release you from your promise. Lose weight, get fit, quit smoking, don't spend more than you can afford, stop falling for guys who are clearly bad for you, etc.

It's basically the convention of law as represented by symbols like the point of Gugnir, except made real instead of figurative.
>>
File: 1480269805188.png (837KB, 870x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480269805188.png
837KB, 870x600px
>>50502725

Also, mystery box.
>>
>>50502733
So the magic can change reality to an extent, then. Remove things that were there before, add things that weren't, etc.

If Trades can force someone not to forget, can it be used to improve memory? Does this cure mental diseases like memory loss or senility?
>>
>>50502802
The issue is, if it can force you to give an honest opinion, for example, it can force you to be nondeceptive.

That implies that it will make you do whatever you would believe is best to accomplish your promise, as if you had intended to do it faithfully in the first place.

But I mean, it's magic, of course it can change reality.
>>
>>50502802
I'm more interested in things like making Trades that contradict each other because of factors that you aren't aware of yet.

Imagine that you make a Trade where you will marry X's son instead of Y's son on June 1st of this year. Then it is revealed that X and Y are married and have only one son.

Are you forced to marry? Forced not to marry? Does the deal just fizzle (and does it fizzle immediately, upon the reveal, or on June 1)? What logic is used to determine this? If on June 1st you are presented with someone who you are told is the son of X and not of Y, are you able to marry them if it isn't true? If X indeed has a son that is not the son of Y, can you marry them despite believing that they are the offspring of both?
>>
You know, as much as people are talking about exploiting Trader, I wonder how high the exploitation potential of Radar is. Could you find abstract like "the nearest buried treasure," "some lost money," or "my soulmate"? What about specific classes? I know you can see what class someone is, so could I find the Trader, Whisper, or Mixologist?

How about something that requires future information, like "a convenience store where the next random lottery ticket will be the winner"? Could you write a bunch of predictions on pieces of paper, scatter them, and find "the paper that describes what's going to happen"? Or failing that, could you try to find things like "El Dorado," "God," or "extraterrestrial life," and either prove the existence of such things when your power pinged, or disprove it when it didn't?
>>
>>50502824
Additionally, does it pierce through self-deception as well. Even if it cannot make the impossible possible ("I promise to grow wings and fly to the moon"), can it make you admit things that you know on some subconscious level?

Actually that grow wings promise is kind of interesting. Are promises like that not allowed? Then you can use it to determine what is possible and impossible. Will the Trade take place, but when the appointed hour comes the geas will realize it is impossible and disappear? Will you go mad with the unwavering dedication to do the impossible, and try with all your might to do the impossible until you die there in the field of starvation? Or will it force you to keep yourself alive at any cost, avoiding everything in life that does not keep you alive or exposes you to danger? Does the geas force you to take dangerous courses of action with low chances of success, or does it prefer you bide your time until you are reasonably sure you can succeed?
>>
>>50502931
It actually does not specify 'abstract', and seems to only give 'object' examples, potentially only ones you know exist to look for. It might not be as powerful as people believe.

One interesting use of it though is that the footprints path and time change based on external factors, meaning the Radar might be great at remote scouting or tracking.
>>
>>50502986
I would say it can probably change whatever decisions you would make as per an alteration of your base desires.

It might instill a desire for you to master genetic engineering to in fact grow wings and fly. However, such a deal might require the wording of "I will try to find a way to do this".
It might be able to make you perform certain actions as if you willingly wanted to.
>>
>>50501167
Whisperer of course, it allows to get everything, earn money(with different levels of moral/immoral ways available), solve problems and get laid.

Creator and Trader are good choices too.
>>
>>50502893
Do people have to know they are making a Trade to be bound by a Trade, or can they just be making a deal in good faith? If only one party knows that it is a Trade, is one side bound but the other not? Can a Trader jump out of the shadows or from behind a curtain where he was listening to a deal being made and shout "So shall it be done!" and suddenly both parties are bound in a Trade?

If someone is tied up and unable to go to the village square on the promised day, does he sit comfortably, waiting for a chance to escape, or is he in existential agony because he can't fulfill his geas?
>>
>>50503059
>or is he in existential agony because he can't fulfill his geas
For a lot of these, it's most likely taken as "you now have the desire to willingly do what you said". I don't believe it will enact a torture upon you for failing, but you will still try every way to do it.

It also probably has to be done with the knowledge of a trade being made, potentially with the Trader personally.

But might it open up contracts drawn up by the Trader and handed out?
>>
>>50503033
So you're saying the power will make the target formulate possible ways to achieve the goal according to the targets capabilities and understanding, and then enforce the option most amenable to the target regardless of likelihood of success? I assume that a change in circumstances will force the reevaluation of everything and might result in a new enforced plan.

>However, such a deal might require the wording of "I will try to find a way to do this".
If in some cases special wording is required to cover special cases, what determines what is covered by normal everyday wording? How special is too special to be enforced without special wording?

This ties back to someone who normally desires to plan ahead, but just can't stick to it. How does Trading deal with phrases like "I'll try my best"?

Can you make promises you know will likely end up out of your hands anyway, and essentially get what the other person promised for free at a high rate of success? Or will the power force you to expend all your resources in a futile effort to ensure perfect control?
>>
>>50502994
It does say you can find things like "the quickest way home," though, so it's capable of at least some abstraction. You're right that it might require you to actually know what you're looking for exists, though. But even then, would it let you find the Mixologist, for example, since you know Mixologist is a choice people were offered? Or something like "the sunken Spanish treasure fleet" that I know exists in the abstract, even though nobody alive has seen it?
>>
>>50503139
I wonder if the magic will acknowledge a difference between "I'll try my best" and "I'll try my supermax very best ;^)"
>>
>>50503144
The issue is, it's not letting you find your way home as an abstract, it's letting you literally find what you remember to be your house as an object.

The power by default finds the fastest way for EVERYTHING. I'd say it's definitively not as abstract act as Trader. It looks limited to physical objects you know of.
>>
>>50503088
Maybe not the desire to do what you said, but the unwavering will to do so. After all, people are notoriously quite able to what they desire to do in favor of doing the things that scare them the least.
>>
>>50503139
>How does Trading deal with phrases like "I'll try my best"?
Presumably it literally makes you try your best.

Say you agree to pick up milk from the store and bring it to the Trader. His power probably makes you want to do that. Like you just don't want to do anything else. Of course you'll still defend yourself, since otherwise you can't get the milk. But the milk is your top priority.

Otherwise you could just defer every trade: "I promised an honest opinion, which I will give you, in 37 years."

Either that, or it really fucks the Trader by only ever enforcing hyperspecificity, requiring you to be a Djinn-class lawyer with multiple levels of ensured agreement.
>>
>>50503175
>what you remember to be your house as an object
How does this interact with the Ship of Theseus problem? If it is destroyed, does your power lead you to the location of the greatest percentage of rubble, or will it fail in some way and you can deduce that your house no longer exists?
>>
>>50503175
If it can find the quickest way home, then it might be able to find "the most entertaining way home," or "a way home I've never seen before." It's not a guarantee, but it's certainly worth considering. Also I'm just spitballing because I find discussions that only focus on a single choice to be boring.
>>
>>50503213
Trail disappears. Almost certainly, it's contiguous object bound. But that doesn't mean you can't switch your desire to finding a piece of the ship that you know of, or the wood you know it was made out of.

>>50503214
I doubt it can make decisions about what you would find entertaining. It just looks like a straight up bloodhound.
>>
>>50503207
>Like you just don't want to do anything else.
So if you make a Trade condition that takes effect in 10 years, your life until then is an empty shell that only focuses on getting that milk? Most people would only ever consider very short-term trades, in that case.

If the grocery store you agreed on goes out of business, are you forced to start a grocery there so you can sell yourself the milk? I suppose this depends on whether or not it occurs to you to keep track of how the grocer's business is going, the availability and popularity of milk in the region, and so on. If you can't foresee it, you can't be responsible for it, and you will have "tried your best".

Simple people would be immune to all but the most basic Trades.
>>
>>50503244
>contiguous object bound
So if someone breaks your kitchen window, or the wind blows a shingle off your roof, or the paint peels, you can't find thing? Radar seems easy to beat.

Don't want to get found? Cut your hair. Or hell, just scratch your head so some skin cells are lost.
>>
>>50503279
If you made a deal to procure milk in 10 years time, you would probably treat it like a normal person would plan to renovate his or her roof in 10 years.

Plan out the best way, leave yourself a note, and forget about it. It would make you want to do it 'in 10 years', not keep doing it 'FOR 10 years'.

If you made a deal to do it 'for 10 years' continuously, yeah, you're fucked. Try to trade your way out of it between milk runs.
>>
>>50501167
I'm still waiting for the answer to my question
>>50501742
>>
>>50501167
Visualist. It has lots of fun uses & is marketable. I can just buy plain T-shirts & have them show anything I want on them. That extends to all clothes, really. I can make people prettier. I can make me prettier. It has fun & creative possibilities.
>>
>>50503303
Breaking a window doesn't change house status. It's still your house. The ship losing a mast would still be a ship. But if it's atomized, yeah, the power probably stops working.

Now to be honest, anything that finds objects in a CYOA relies on the human definition of an object. Probably not the physics-entropy state in which the object is always changing. These type of CYOAs usually go for the Plato Forms, rather than the Heraclitus Panta Rhei.
>>
>>50501167
Explorer is the obvious choice for me. Most of the others don't interest me or are shit you can just do anyway but the metaphysical bonuses of Explorer are great and would lead to an interesting life.
>>
>>50502725
Pretty neat. I like that it genericized something as broad as pokemon fairly nicely. I'll have to come up with a build.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d36)

>>50501348
>Boomerang
>Wisdom
>LARGE CHEST!
>>
>>50503341
The one problem with it is you can't affect anything internally, so you can't do things like lose weight, and if you fix any scar tissue it'd still feel like scar tissue under your skin.
>>
>>50501167
Creator or Mixologist. As a game designer, I really would like that Creator ability, but I can't deny that the Mixologist is definitely a strong pick, despite its less obvious power.

>Can make anything work in a drink.
>Can make actually good-tasting health drinks and rake in loadsemone
>Can even make it booze so you can drink more before getting drunk or feeling negative effects.
>The ability to make incredibly unlikely ingredients work means you can use easy-access stuff to make cheap but amazing drinks.

This shit is literally cash.
>>
>>50503459
I'm pretty sure that while it says "exterior" it counts for more than just the absolute topmost layer of skin, so it could fully repair skin blemishes. I'm not *too* concerned about not changing up the insides of things. I mean, that would be really nice, but there's a lot you can do just on the surface.
>>
>>50503310
This opens the problem of "sure, the Trade compelled me to make a best plan in the moment, then at the appointed time I was compelled to do my best to achieve the goal, but in the meantime? in the meantime I did everything I could to foil my plan and make the goal it impossible when the agreed upon time came"
>>
>>50503576
>I did everything I could to foil my plan
Obviously you won't want to do that because of the magic.

Just like intending to renovate your roof in 10 years, it probably just makes you want to do it and be able to do it, rather than constantly obsess about it.

However, you probably shouldn't make deals you don't want to be bound to keep:
As in, don't say you'll be at the park in 10 years if you intend to move to the other side of the world.
The magic will probably just and simply erase any desire you have not to keep your promise, so you couldn't intentionally move across the world if it was only to screw the deal.

However, you could plan to have someone kidnap you before you make the deal. But then, the Trader might be able to ask if you knew of anything that would stop you, and after the deal since you now want to do it, you might be compelled to tell him as if you always wanted to do it.

I view the power perhaps as limited mind control.
>>
The Culling was a great idea, and we need more PvP in CYOAs, especially fantasy or adventure oriented ones. Putting players with access to equal powers (rather than simply making them gods among men) presents an incentive to create smarter builds.
>>
>>50500233
Where can I find Valentina artwork? Is so pretty
>>
>>50503356
Doesn't really address the Ship of Theseus problem or the contiguous object problem, then.

To take this into a more practical scenario: suppose as Radar I try to find the Triforce of Wisdom that will stop the ancient evil, etc. Now, if the Triforce has been broken into 4pieces, according to you there will be no trail? Will there be 4 trails? Will it be one trail, which will go to all 4 pieces in turn? How does it decide the order? Can the order change over time based on changing circumstances, or is it set in stone at the beginning?

If I set a trail to the house I was born in, but I have mixed feelings about it and don't follow it right away. In the following days, the house is subject to the following processes:
- the roof is replaced
- it is moved to another lot, except for the foundation which another house is built upon
- the floor is ripped up and retiled
- the plumbing is replaced
- and so on

I know I'm being a bit ridiculous here, but the questions remain: with these sorts of things going on, does the trail still exist? if not, when does it disappear?

For context:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

At some point, you have to consider objects either fundamentally made of matter or fundamentally an idea. If somewhere between the two, you have to explain where exactly; you can't have both.
>>
>>50503661
But the magic only makes you make the plan in the beginning and then execute it at the 10 year mark in the example from >>50503310. In the meantime, the magic doesn't put any especial demands on you.
>>
>>50503661
>However, you could plan to have someone kidnap you before you make the deal.
Wait, the magic wouldn't force you to try and figure out a way to foil the kidnapping?
>>
>>50503720
I don't need an incentive to minmax, I always do that anyway.
>>
>>50503720
>trying to change the subject
I see right through you, Whisperer.
>>
>>50503739
For the first one, the object does not exist, so there would be no trail. That applies to everything of course.

For the second, if you try to find the house you remember, you won't since it is no longer what you remember. If you try to find a part of the house you do remember that is still contiguously existent, you will.

The problem is easily solved and 'non-philosophical' since it's just matching your memory of the salient details of the object to reality, like sieve placed on the whole of the universe, or a keyhole accepting your target.

An easy way to view object-finding powers is 'if you would recognize it with your other senses and time'.
>>
>>50503781
It would, after you made the deal.

>>50503760
Both of those are me. Again, as I said, you can probably treat it as if it changes your desires. It's not a constant prod, you just now want to do it. You would do whatever you would do as if you naturally wanted to do it, except the magic made you want to do it by virtue of making you keep your promise.

The Trader is probably a good way to get magical motivation to do things, in fact.
>>
>>50503820
Then why does it still lead me to my house if the window is broken? I don't remember my window being broken.

If it's still "my house" because it still fits the idea of my house, then it is checking the idea. If it checks for the physical totality of my house, it won't find my house if there is any physical change like missing parts, degraded materials.

If it is not checking for the physical or the idea, what is it checking for?

>if you would recognize it with your other senses
Then it checks for the idea, since that is how we recognize things. The thing is, our senses are fooled all the time. Radar then can't find a long-lost child you would no longer recognize because they had grown up, or a princess that has been turned into a phoenix, or that gigantic castle keep you saw when you were 5 that just looks like a small run-down tollbooth to you now. Additionally, it could lead you to a bunch of false positives: forgeries, legitimately identical objects, etc. And human memory is also flawed; what if you remember a detail wrong?

If your memory is vague, can many objects qualify? How does it decide which object to lead you to first, if any?
>>
>>50502725
>Pokemon
Bulbasaur (3)
Larvitar (3)
Pinsir (5)
Omastar (3)
-Shiny (2)

>Gear
Map
Bag
Pokedex
Food (3)
-Carnivore (2)
-Free Lunch (3)
Camping Supplies (4)
-Outdoorsman (2)
-The Long Haul (2)
Pokeballs x15 (3)
Ultraballs x5 (6)
Medicine Bag (2)
-Super Potions (1)
-Full Heals (2)
-Extra Potions x2 (2)
-Extra Status (2)
(15 Super Potions, 13 Full Heals)

>Region
You have to start in Kanto

Food and Camping supplies are an amazing convenience and I've got a good start on a team with some of my favorite pokemon. My other favorites are easier to get. Of course we're starting all the way at square one and working our way up. I realize starting with a Larvitar is pretty fuckin broken but I always thought it was lame that, in the only game I had with it, you can only catch them after you've basically beaten the game.
>>
>>50501167
When it says trader can trade more abstract things, can that include time? I.E. I'll give you £5000 for one year of your life, essentially allowing traders to just buy a pseudo-eternal youth.

If so, I want trader. Even if not I'll take trader and just be a jolly traveller, trading what I can, where I can. I'd love to just travel around learning stories and passing them along.
Although I'd also like to stop every so often to relax and to go back to places I like, so explorer isn't really too appealing compared to it.
>>
>>50504121
I think the consensus is no, you can only make trades which are possible to fulfill. People can't give you their youth, so that'd fail.
>>
>>50504059
>Then why does it still lead me to my house if the window is broken? I don't remember my window being broken.
And if you were looking for a house with an unbroken window, you wouldn't find it. You'd be obliged to change your characteristics to any other identifier of the house. So a use might be to check for damage on objects.

>If your memory is vague, can many objects qualify? How does it decide which object to lead you to first, if any?
If you were looking for 'native hold' for example, it would probably bring you to the closest deposit. You might even be able to specify '10 grams of native gold'.

>And human memory is also flawed; what if you remember a detail wrong?
Presumably, it checks for what you do remember.

>The thing is, our senses are fooled all the time.
That is irrelevant, since they are 'consistent'. Their signal to noise ratio is high.

Much of your questions can likely be answered by 'it gives you the equivalent of flawless senses and unlimited time to find what you remember'.
>>
>>50503856
Creating desire is not enough really. Many people desire many things but don't achieve them, even though they can. I suppose you might be able to create such an effect if you also destroyed or de-prioritized competing desires. That kind of thing scares me though.

I guess my question is, how does the power determine how much intervention "guarantees" the promised outcome? How much likelihood equates to "safety"? If it leaves this risk assessment up to the target, how does it overcome all the ways in which people fuck up risk assessment normally, without making them better at risk assessment or otherwise overstepping the bounds of "sustain desire to fulfill promise, quash competing desires".
>>
>>50502306
Just want to say that there is an additional perk Learners get, one which everyone here seems to have forgotten makes their name a bit more appropriate. The class comes with the drive to learn and the love of pursuing knowledge. That's actually huge and definitely earns them their name imo. From what I can see, that means only Learners and mayyyybe Explorers have access to personality-altering stuff and Explorer's isn't nearly as positive.
>>
>>50504182
>de-prioritized competing desires
It absolutely de-prioritizes competing desires. It makes you adhere to the desire you implied in the deal, no more no less, most likely. That is why you cannot lie when you promised an honest opinion.
>>
>>50504195
I still don't think that constitutes learning. The whole class, personality included, is basically just a database. You wouldn't say that the database has "learned" all of its knowledge.

Learning is like Medaka: see it, imitate it, improve it. Thats learning. A bunch of abstract knowledge isn't learning, because the learner has no trait to help them apply said knowledge.
>>
File: e8a8ba_942054_big.gif (25KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
e8a8ba_942054_big.gif
25KB, 100x100px
>>50503720
I agree. Some don't enjoy the concept of it, understandably, but it is an interesting change of pace. It's only natural, just like the Culling lore brings out the best or worst in hunters, the Culling players meticulously explore builds, discover strategies and discuss it with eachother much more than any other CYOA ever did.
>>
>>50504180
>And if you were looking for a house with an unbroken window, you wouldn't find it.
This seems to contradict >>50503356: "breaking a window doesn't change your house status. It's still your house." Apologies if you're a different person.

>native gold
This makes me wonder, a lot of the Radar discussion has hinged on our personal memory of something. How, then, does it search for something that we have never personally seen? For we have no real memory of such a thing. This would make the power MUCH more limited.

Our senses are not really consistent; that is what being fooled is about.

>it gives you the equivalent of flawless senses and unlimited time to find what you remember
This is a pretty big game-changer, isn't it? We are hardly talking about the same power anymore.
>>
>>50504212
>It makes you adhere to the desire you implied in the deal, no more no less
So if I only imply a casual desire in the deal, I only have to put as much effort as a casual desire would merit? Does it decrease all of my other desires to below casual level to preserve desire supremacy? I would hate to have my desire to eat for eating's sake, live for living's sake, love my family, etc. reduced to below casual level for the duration of the Trade effect.
>>
>>50504280
>This seems to contradict >>50503356 (You): "breaking a window doesn't change your house status. It's still your house."
It doesn't because your house is still findable under other characteristics. But you obviously won't be finding that window.

>This is a pretty big game-changer, isn't it?
Well ask yourself, how can you 'find' anything? When you answer that, you'll see how the power finds things for you. It just can't find abstract things which you have not decided on.

For example, if you said "find my sexual partner", reality says "that doesn't exist yet".
If you said "find the food I would most like in the world", the power has no idea.

>How, then, does it search for something that we have never personally seen?
If it is limited to objects, and thus sensory characteristics, you can find sensory characteristics that are in common.
>>
>>50504178
Dang, ah well, travelling storyteller is still bretty gud.
Plus making money if I'm smart is nice.
>>
>>50500482
>Gamer Djin
"I wish to be a player in a game of Xorvintaal."
>>
>>50504357
"find my next sexual partner" that should say

>>50504351
All desires that interfered with what you promised to do would almost certainly be made to not interfere. You wouldn't stop loving your family, but you would cancel going to the family reunion to pick up that milk, because you promised to.

The power probably makes you a varangian guard, where your word is your oath is your bond and "you shouldn't make promises you don't intend to keep you filthy forked-tongue slippery snake", etc.
>>
>>50504357
>It doesn't because your house is still findable under other characteristics.
But I'm not searching under other characteristics, I'm looking for "my house" as I remember it. I mean, if that doesn't work I can start trying to find my house without a roof, without a door, without the east wall, etc. But that is a rather arduous process I think.

>how can you 'find' anything?
So if something is hidden so well you could never find it normally, the power doesn't work? This is an important limitation.

In a way, this kind of does solve the Ship of Theseus problem; though the issue is unsettled, individuals often find one definition or other to be more compelling; presumably the power would work from this understanding.

In the end, the power is trying to "satisfy" you, no more and no less. If you are satisfied with a ridiculous forgery or unsatisfied with reality, the power has no ability to alter that and give you a "correct" answer.
>>
>>50504437
So I would still desire to be there for my family, but be unable to do so... or are you saying I would still "love" my family, but with no desire to do the things that a loving family member would? That way lies madness, a Yandere-like doublethink that is horrifying.

>varangian guard
This is now changing your personality and not just your desires, which is a much stronger level of mind control than previously implied.
>>
>>50504494
>So if something is hidden so well you could never find it normally
The power does not specify being blocked by sensory obfuscation, so that statement seems to be missing the point.

>But I'm not searching under other characteristics, I'm looking for "my house" as I remember it.
In order to make the search you have stated, you must implicitly be searching under a variety of concordant characteristics. Again, you're missing the point.

If you cannot get past the 'Theseus Paradox', it's philosophically settled rather simply: objects and creates include the sum of their time-variant processes. Losing skin cells and replacing them is a part of being a human.

To find an 'object', you are just running a concordance check on a variety of sensory results and time-variant interactions. The power does that for you, but does not create ideas for you.
>>
>>50504550
It's a lot kinder in a way than taking away your love or making you suffer under the contradiction while obeying your promise. People's preferences will differ on that sort of thing, I think.
>>
>>50504628
I believe he's just reading occurrences into the power for argument's sake.

For example, you are going to the family reunion, but you get a call that your daughter got hit by a car at school. You decide to go to the hospital instead. Is that creating a problem for you to change priorities like that?

If you make a promise to do something, you do it. Therefore the control is yours as to what you promise to do. You're only ever doing what you yourself agree to, Anon.
>>
File: tumblr_nv26rj8eh71toli37o6_1280.png (503KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv26rj8eh71toli37o6_1280.png
503KB, 1280x715px
>>50501167
>Go Whisperer.
>Go back to University, a little silver tongued process to bypass applications, minimize paperwork and fees.
>Take psych courses.
>Take ethics and philosophy courses
>Go into social work.
>Get addicts off their vices.
>Harmonize abusive families.
>Reform violent criminals.
>Stick to mundane means for criminals of circumstance or necessity.
>Talk younger patients away from suicidal and self-harm habits, direct them toward finding hobbies and interests with more vigor.
>Do music writing on the side, learn to layer whispers into lyrics and grant a little extra peace of mind to the people at the downtown cafe local band nights.
>Expand into literary fields, light novellas with little motivational notions-wait.

If you're only going to use Whisperer to help folks out for the most part, is there a definitive difference between it and the Inspirer? Are whisperers locked into one-on-one results? The only difference seems to be that Inspirer gets a sensational motivation to do good while the whisperer can be detrimental; inspirer could drive folks to doing stupid shit too.
>>
>>50504678
Are you arguing you can change priorities despite to the promise, or that you can't? Because if you can't change your promise to go to the family reunion, surely you can see the problem?
>>
>>50504741
>surely you can see the problem?
Not at all. That's a case of "don't make the promise".

This happens in real life. If you sign a service contract to do something on a certain day, you can eat a massive breach of contract penalty for failing to perform. You reschedule other events around it.

And since time is money, that breach penalty would eat a good bit of your life.
>>
>>50504680
The main difference seems to be that the Inspirier can technically be ignored and can't directly get inside the head of the person. Also, the inspiration is open to interpretation, meaning there's an unpredictable element involved.

The Whisperer is much more focused, but can ensure specific results that raw emotion and provocation wouldn't necessarily give.
>>
>>50501401
I tried so hard to read it... so f***Ing HARD! Two paragraphs in an my eyes are burning and I'm struggling to stay awake.... it's just sooo plan and boring.
>>
Highlander is dead we're never getting the Traveler update.
>>
>>50504814
Really?
Are you illiterate or something?
How the hell are you unable to read two paragraphs of plaintext?
>>
>>50504827
Not even death can spare Highlander.
>>
Posting some comfy Cyoas from a few threads ago. If anyones got any more cyoas like this they'd like to share I'd appreicate it.
>>
>>50504834
>>50504814
No, I know what he's saying. Whoever formatted that wanted us to bleed.

There's just things you don't do in a PDF CYOA. And that hit probably all of them.
>>
File: Pocket Dimension Cyoa-Cuddle.png (3MB, 1200x5500px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket Dimension Cyoa-Cuddle.png
3MB, 1200x5500px
>>
>>
>>50503576
I don't see how that's a problem. You had a deal to do something at some particular time. If you messed up your chances before then, then it's not a problem in general - it's your problem. Don't mess yourself up.
>>
>>50504741
Let us say that I promise to deliver a package to the local post office before it closes today, and it closes at 3pm. Now, let us say that normally if I were not under the spell I would leave at 2:30, because the post office is about 30 minutes away; in practice, I most often get there on time and deliver it - but not always. I have been late and missed closing time at least once, maybe several times, despite legitimately wanting to deliver the package. In any case, half an hour is the amount of travel time I have settled on over the years as "reasonable".

Now, an option is that the spell compels me to leave the site of the Trade and go directly to the post office and wait for it to open so I can deliver the package, like an obsessed person; but it has been discussed that this isn't the case.

When does the spell start interfering my normal actions? 2:30? 2:25? Does the spell take into account the size of my house, the amount of clean laundry I have, the weather, and traffic? If I am behind schedule (at greater risk of not fulfilling my promise, yet not guaranteed to do so), do I kill someone for their car and start driving on the sidewalk and through mall windows, or do I "wait and see" if my plan has failed or not? Does it all hinge on my personal assessment of how much jeopardy my promise is in? If I think something is hopeless, like "I can't possibly sprint a mile in 3 minutes" do I try anyway, or am I free because I've failed?

I mean, some people are fuck ups. Making them WANT to do something isn't going to make them any better or more consistent at it.
>>
>>50504870
>>50504888
>>50504910
All those pocket dimensions revolving around comfy and none revolving around lewds. In CYOA general, of all places. This is bizarre.
>>
>>50504932
Chill Zone has some lewd capabilities in it.
>>
>>50504926
>When does the spell start interfering my normal actions?
You immediately plan the most assured way to complete your promise.

It makes you want to make sure it happens. It doesn't give you magic powers to do that, but it's your top priority to fulfill your promise at the appointed time and place.
>>
>>50504792
>don't make the promise
Because you know in advance when your daughter is going to get hit by a car at school?

>service contract
That is much different. You can always weigh the breach penalty against the circumstances, and choose.

>>50504913
>I don't see how that's a problem
Because it allows people to make deals and doublethink their way out of them.
>>
>>50504932
Well timestop specifically talked about having vigorous sex, Lewd, and calls you pervert. Cuddle has some cute pics of anime girls and the Human and Magical being both show off tits a bit. God of comfort is the only one without a specific waif option, unless you get lucky with the lamppost option.
>>
>>50504272
There's not actually that much mechanical depth, though. It's not like you're looking through splatbooks for that one awesome combo. It's a few paragraphs of text and pages upon pages of speculation and baseless theorycrafting.
>>
>>50504997
>Because it allows people to make deals and doublethink their way out of them.
Going progressively more insane desperately trying to perform a task you've sabotaged for yourself seems like a fitting punishment for trying to wiggle out of the deal.
>>
File: 1433395124599.jpg (97KB, 761x794px) Image search: [Google]
1433395124599.jpg
97KB, 761x794px
>>50502300
>>
>>50504997
>Because it allows people to make deals and doublethink their way out of them.
Not at all. You have absolutely no desire to do that after you make the deal.

>and choose
Exactly. With the Trader's power, you have already made that choice in advance.

It seems like you're trying to make it 'fair': It isn't. It's a straight Djinn style power where you can trade your house for a nickel.

If you want to geas yourself, you're going to geas yourself. As they say, caveat emptor.
>>
>>50504981
The most assured way is to go immediately and deliver it, or wait for the first possible opportunity to deliver it while staying alive to do so. Each deviation from that introduces ways to fail.

But, it has been previously established that this does not happen; you don't become an obsessed person with only one goal. So, you operate from your personal risk comfort level, which varies per person and even in a single individual over time.

People trick themselves into sabotaging their goals all the time. I'm wondering when the spell steps in to enforce self-honesty, or if it just shrugs "they promised in good faith, what more can I ask for?"
>>
>>50505054
>
Going progressively more insane desperately trying to perform a task you've sabotaged for yourself seems like a fitting punishment for trying to wiggle out of the deal.
That is little comfort to the people who must hold up their end for nothing, especially when the other party is fine because the deadline passed and the compulsion falls off.
>>
>>50505057
Not trying to make it anything, just trying to learn what it supposedly is.

People have given me contradictory answers, which makes me think the original text was not so clear compared to other descriptions in other CYOA to the same effect.

It's cool, though. I think you and I at least have an understanding as to what Traders can do, now.
>>
>>50505096
I'd gladly wait for a chucklefuck who spent time and effort to wiggle out of deal with me just so I can make a simple, regular deal of paying some "friend of a friend" in a dark alley so he can break first guy's limbs and spine for his effort.
>>
>>50505150
Not that guy, but after reading the thread I think I understand too. A Trade guarantees good faith. You can still pull a Xanatos Gambit and make preparations before you make the deal; after you make the deal, you ruefully wish there was some way you could make it more honest, but you can't. I don't even think you would be compelled to admit that fact to the other parties in the Trade, unless that was an explicit stipulation of the Trade or if doing so could improve your chances of keeping your promise.
>>
>>50505270
I imagine people would resort to Trades when you absolutely need thing and you aren't so much more powerful than the other guy that you can just make him do it by normal means. Such people tend to be pretty dangerous, or at least as dangerous as you are.

I mean, I guess you could use it to keep nobodies in thrall to you, with no risk of betrayal and whatnot. But if you're buying turnips or something? You won't need a Trade if you can flat out have him killed. That leaves the other dangerous characters out there.
>>
>>50505270
How would you even know they planned to wiggle out of the deal, as opposed to just plain trying and failing?
>>
File: thin ya paints.jpg (5KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
thin ya paints.jpg
5KB, 200x160px
>>50504910

So could I get the companions I summon to paint my models? sweet Duncan-kun and I will paint and play board games together
>>
>>50501167
Radar. Radar, radar, radar, motherfucking radar.

Knowing where to find things, and when I'll arrive? That's incredibly useful for me.

Being able to know other people's classes even more so.
>>
>>50505273
>google Xanatos Gambit
>that site
Fuck you. I was 6 months free and clean. Now I'm probably going to be late for work on Monday.
>>
>>50501167
Post the images you used
>>
>>50505493
Yeah, I can't imagine why he thought that'd be a weak power. It's one of the most useful in the entire CYOA. Aside from giving you a lot of defense against manipulative classes, you're also able to help people discover their own hidden talents, and can probably make a fortune doing so.
>>
>>50501531
I remember this. Let's do a build, for old times' sake.

>RACE: Hamster
Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

>PERKS: Lithe, Swift
GOTTA GO FAST

>COMPANION: Madoka Titus
Adorable.

>ORGANIATION: Foragers
Nobody'll notice if I skim a few shinies off the top, right?

>HOUSING: Treehouse
Nice view, nice view.

>ITEMS: Parachute Handkerchief (free), Needle Sword (6 left), Hamster Ball (3 left), Grappling Thread (0 left)
Everything I need for seeking out munchies.

I'll probably do the picnic adventure just for fun, too.
>>
>>50505410
I'd reckon he'd try to contact me if he'd try in good faith but the task would prove too hard by no fault on his own and we could always try another deal, with him offering me available goods and/or services.

>>50505318
The backalley thing would be a regular deal. People can do that IRL. Mine would be just obeyed more. I don't see why it wouldn't work as well with high-risk high-gain deals and with buying turnips. People go with autistic nitpicking but in the end it's simply "people making a deal with you will fulfill their obligations to you".

You can avoid almost any trouble by first using some common sense and not getting into suspicious deals with people when you doubt they are able to deliver and then by being secure in knowledge people won't scam you intentionally as scammers upon striking the deal with honestly try to follow through with it - or suffer severely enough due to compulsion to really discourage them trying in the first place.
>>
>>50502725
It'd be neat if there was an option to get more points by specializing in a Type.
>>
File: Trails_Horror_Domain.jpg (2MB, 800x4200px) Image search: [Google]
Trails_Horror_Domain.jpg
2MB, 800x4200px
>>50505051
>baseless theorycrafting
What is Quiet CYOA?
>>
File: Dennis-Turtle.jpg (118KB, 650x267px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis-Turtle.jpg
118KB, 650x267px
>>50504121
Unless the author says otherwise, yes. An abstraction is precisely that.

Anons saying otherwise are just worried about the obvious implications
>>
>>50505869
It doesn't even matter what the author says. It's what you believe.

The author can revise the CYOA, but him/her telling you anything is just 'a different version'.
>>
>>50505902
This is the rule I always go with. If it's not explicitly on the CYOA, then it's up to the reader.
>>
>>50505749
Abyss, count to infinity.
>>
>>50505749
I always liked that one but also regret strongly the fac tthat domains are so vaguely described. Each one of them would use a much longer description, especially if one goes for exploration challenge - I'd like to know what chambers one may find, what facilities, what could they do for me - after all, different kinds of places may offer different rooms. An armory stocked with old, modern or simply alien or magical weaponry is much more likely in hunter's castle than in perverted manor, while some chamber for rituals that actually would work or library of ancient religious/other teachings is more likely in forest shrine than pirate's island.

Even something more vague than above examples. Things like "you can find facilities serving providing satisfaction of nearly any kind here - from a bedroom with a luxurious, comfortable bed or a dinner hall with table fully stocked for a feast to places ready to satiate - through devices, humanlike robotic servants or illusions - any kink, innocent or depraved" in Perverted Manor, for example, would do.
>>
>>50505869
Wrong. Look at the list of examples - all of the things on it are things you could do in real life. Therefore, the only reasonable implication is that the trades still have to be possible to fulfill. Saying otherwise is like saying Mixologist allows you to create an elixir of immortality because it doesn't say you can't.
>>
>>50505706
>he'd try to contact me
Sometimes you are given a board where the best chance is also a very risky one. It is the best move, or one of them, but he might still fail; and that might not be obvious until he has already failed.

>I don't see why it wouldn't work with...
I see, you are just using it as another layer of security on deals you would be making anyway. Not the most efficient use of the power, but nothing I can fault you for really.
>>
>>50506126
But weren't you just going to make a perv palace and be done with it?

I do like that one for having actually considerable and different choices.
>>
>>50506152
>It is the best move, or one of them, but he might still fail; and that might not be obvious until he has already failed.
Understandable - that's why I think Trades shouldnt' exclude common sense and importance of striking deals that you know would work out.

>I see, you are just using it as another layer of security on deals you would be making anyway.
Kinda, yes, though it's surely not the only aspect of the ability I'd make use of.

Dealing in abstracts seems interesting, after all, though here a lot depends on how it's delivered - for example, if I'll trade for 1 year of someone's happiness, will I automagically live one year in bliss at that person's expense or will they get obsessed with idea of creating happiness-transfering device? Almost surely it's the former because latter would practically defeat any attempt at any non-mundane deal.

Also, I am not the person who started this discussion and actually, I'd strongly consider Learner - may be much less practical and powerful but would be quite satisfying.
>>
File: hex.jpg (78KB, 672x1188px) Image search: [Google]
hex.jpg
78KB, 672x1188px
>>50502725
>POKEMON
>Gastly (47 left)
>Duskull (45 left)
>Yamask (42 left)
>Pumpkaboo (39 left)
>Litwick (37 left)

>ITEMS
>Map (free)
>Bag (free)
>Pokedex+Full Scanner (32 left)
>Medicine Bag (30 left)
>Pokeballs x5 (29 left)
>Revive (26 left)
>Camping Supplies +The Long Haul (20 left)

>ABILITIES
>Base of Knowledge (free)
>Interpreter+Pokeglot (15 left)
>Psychic Gift (9 left)
>Skilled [entrepeneurship] (8 left)
>Savant (7 left)
>Skilled [cartography] (6 left)
>Skilled [pokeball making] (3 left)
>Skilled [dancing] (2 left)
>Skilled [singing] (1 left)
>Skilled [rhyming] (0 left)

>REGION
>Kalos

Hee hee hee.
>>
>>50506302
b my pkmn ai gf

Seriously though, good idea. I wonder how other characters already existing in the world would be built.

Entrepeneurship, dancing, singing etc doesn't seem exactly what I'd consider typical hex trainer (or THAT hex maniac) to be particularly skilled or fond of, though. But I guess it's just you basing it on some character, not trying to recreate it.
>>
>>50502725
>>50502768
>when you see one of your own CYOAs posted in a thread, and you didn't post it
Feels good, man.

>>50505731
I didn't really want to bog it down by having drawbacks. I also couldn't think of enough to put down.
>>
>>50506300
>only striking deals/making moves that cannot fail
Business doesn't work like that, son. All endeavors involve risk; it's generally the riskiest moves that create the most value and are associated with the highest payoffs.
>>
>>50506365
I needed someplace to spend the rest of the points, and there is that one Hex Maniac who sells Moomoo Milk.

Also, if I'm good at singing and finding the right rhymes, I can sing creepy songs during battle while I subject my opponents' Pokemon to horrible ghost-themed torment.
>>
>>50506446
Tell that to the hedge fund billionaires.

They just want you to take risks, so they can safely 'catch you'.
>>
>>50500207
>Juggernaut
>Strength
>Atomic heart
>Vision
>Toolbox
>Bronze
>CQC
>Expert Mechanic
>Tekroto

>Invasion Earth
>>
>>50506471
No, they just have so much more capital to play with that they can weather greater losses than you can while waiting for the relatively secure (over time) payoff, which more than makes the losses worthwhile.

You play at the table you have the chips for.
>>
>>50506581
But Anon, you do not make money by taking risks. It is a common fallacy.

You make money by MINIMIZING risks. You research a company before investing. You know their products well and you enjoy using them.

Heed well my tips, and the NEET life can be yours forever!
>>
>>50504827
She's still in her gangbang coma. Give her time.
>>
>>50506446
>Business doesn't work like that, son. All endeavors involve risk
Business IRL where all parties have comparable abilities that cannot really force others without considerable risks don't work like that.. unless they're small-time things.

Yes, in such case you're right.

However, throw in supernatural, nearly godly power that breaks the above and with some intelligence yeah - you can severely minimize risk even in big-chance operations. After all, often deals that are based on a trade between two parties come to be when both parties have something to offer and often it's the goodwill that's the most problematic element.

I'd rather expect risks and danger from third parties than whoever I make deal with. Or from the person I've the deal with time after we both fulfilled our obligations - there are no backsies but there probably can be retaliations should people change mind about whether it was a good deal over time.
>>
>>50506606
By minimizing risks, you choose what level of risk you are willing to accept. After all of your research, after all of your mitigation, some level of risk remains. In order to make a move, you take on those risks or reject them. If you reject all risks, you don't do any business and don't make any money. THAT is what is meant by "taking risks".

>>50506669
The risk is similar. If you have perfect knowledge of the person you are dealing with, because for some reason you were willing to Trade something they considered worth divulging all of their real capabilities and intelligence, you would still not know their actual likelihood of overcoming third parties, because those third parties are as you said - unknown, or at least not verifiable by a deal that does not include them.

I'm not saying that it's a worthless ability, just that there's still play and risk involved.
>>
>>50506637
>She's still in her gangbang coma.
Elaborate. Extensively.
>>
File: Dream Princess.png (8MB, 1959x4969px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Princess.png
8MB, 1959x4969px
>>50506771
She pulled an all-nighter with some guys and is now in a coma. That's all I know.
>>
>>50506764
>If you reject all risks, you don't do any business and don't make any money.

Per economic theory, if you had complete certainty of the future, you nullify all risk and make the most money.

The apportionment is of optimum to the steady-state demands, wherein risk is only born of uncertainty, yet is not itself a requirement for business.

Foolish mortal.
>>
>>50506764
>The risk is similar
Not really. It is a lot smaller in situation when you cannot control all factors but at least you can be ensured of good will of the person you are dealing with in comparison with when you cannot control any factors including good will of the other party.

>I'm not saying that it's a worthless ability, just that there's still play and risk involved.
And I am agreeing with that statement, but point out it is very powerful and allows much. It still requires one to have some common sense and ability to be smart about deals they make.
>>
>>50506804
I didn't even know Highlander was a girl. Also, how the news of the event from her private got leaked out? Was Highlander doxxed or something?
>>
>>50506831
She's not actually in a gangbang coma any more than Quietanon got honor-killed for trap porn. It's just an explanation people latched onto because it was funny.
>>
>>50506870
>Quietanon got honor-killed
He did though.
>>
>>50506870
Well yeah, the gangbang bit is likely a joke but I took >>50506804 seriously and am wondering - assuming I just didn't miss a meme - that if that isn't a joke, how info of such events could get here.
>>
File: 1479872618928.jpg (15KB, 639x128px) Image search: [Google]
1479872618928.jpg
15KB, 639x128px
>>50506890
>>
>>50506810
Being ensured of the goodwill of 1 person is a pretty minor improvement when they are up against many opposing forces and that one person is only responsible for a portion of your overall plan.

One less vector of failure is useful, but is just a brick in a wall that can never cover all angles and does not by itself make risk "a lot smaller" except in very specific situations.

>I am agreeing with that statement, but point out it is very powerful and allows much. It still requires one to have some common sense and ability to be smart about deals they make.
I'm right with you on this one, pretty much word for word. I would choose Trader, after all.
>>
>>50506907
Ah, then it's understandable. And here I hoped for some local drama with doxxing and anons circlejerking calling Highlander their qt.
>>
>>50506804
>Not sure whether to be Light Princess subtly working to inspire her dream-host to acts of kindness and compassion, Neutral Princess planning to protect her realm at all costs, or Dark Princess trying to find a way to invade reality

Never thought I'd have this much trouble with a CYOA like this.
>>
>>50506907
Speaking of that, is there a reason CYOA authors don't tripcode?

I mean, that could be anyone. It might even have been everyone, if you know what I mean.
And you do, because of the contents of that post.
>>
>>50506911
>
Being ensured of the goodwill of 1 person is a pretty minor improvement when they are up against many opposing forces and that one person is only responsible for a portion of your overall plan.

You assuming they are. They don't have to be. It depends with whom you're dealing, what do you offer and demand in the Trade. I don't see many opposing forces and other third parties standing in my way if I'll trade with reputable party directly, using legal channels and over goods/services they are already readily and immediately able to provide on site.

With power like this, especially the fact it'd be about abstract things that would happen and that other would have to fulfill their part of it you actualyl should be smart enough to not deal the way you'd normally do. I, personally instead of going for high-risk, high-gains things, would Trade in services and abstract stuff to build up big, wonderful things through hundreds unconnected, simple, little deals.
>>
>>50506926
Some tripcode, many don't give a crap because while they may be impersonated by someone else, they usually namefag just to answer some question about CYOA or drop an update - and for such situations there's no really a point in impersonating them.
>>
>>50506926
I haven't really had a problem with people impersonating me, surprisingly enough.
>>
>>50507061
Back to the meme hole with you.
>>
>>50506637
>HIghlander says he's a guy
>everyone forgets it half a year later and says that he's a woman and always has been

Are you that desperate for female attention?
>>
>>50507127
All cyoa creators are cute lesbians, because in making a cyoa the power of the little girl fills you, and transforms you.
>>
>>50507127
According to that CYOA, they're all cute girls.

You have no proof they aren't, and here's this desert island.
>>
>>50507113
But I am in the meme hole.
>>
>>50507113
That wasn't me, actually.
>>
>>50507127
>The guy is a guy
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
>tfw no qt CYOA-making gf
>>
>>50507162
Yes it was.
>>
File: 1380114576350.jpg (2MB, 2560x1878px) Image search: [Google]
1380114576350.jpg
2MB, 2560x1878px
Alright, shitposting gets out of control so have this simple, little oldie I have soft spot for. It's far simpler and short than what I normally enjoy but I like it. It's nice.
>>
>>50507300
But we shitpost every single day...
>>
>>50507226
Honestly I wouldn't put too much faith into either side, HL hasn't made much of a big deal of her identity. And god knows she's autistic enough it could work either way.
>>
>>50506870
Honestly it's a good chance that Quiet did get killed. His family found trap hentai on his computer and he lives in fucking Pakistan.

>>50506831
>I didn't even know Highlander was a girl.
Yeah apparently she's a Muslim lesbian living in Canada I think.
>>50507127
No she talked about being a Muslim lesbian when people were ragging on Queit for being Muslim.

SDA is actually a guy though.
>>
>>50507230
>>50507162
>>50507159

Despite the fact that there's between one and three impersonators of SDA in this thread, I choose to believe that they are, in fact, actually SDA.

After creating Stardust, SDA transcended mere mortality to become the embodiment of smug.

When some random anon decides to impersonate SDA, they channel the essence of his smugness, and thus the essence of SDA himself.
>>
>>50507341
Yeah, there's probably _some_ thirst around but even while I wrote >>50507226 it's just some benign shitpost without much behind it. As far as I am concerned CYOA authors can be guys, girls, perverted tentacle monsters - as long as they make good CYOA.

Alright, I lied. Having perverted tentacle monster as a bro could be pretty swaggy, even if I'd rather avoid most of the "perverted" side of things.

Is it inspiration for "Choose your eldritch abomination bro" I feel coming on? Will have to drop it on the pile of many other ideas I never could get past the text version with.
>>
>>50507300
Green the best, particularly if you can find some other people who got green and live in the same area as them for enhanced effect.
>>
>>50507033
>You assuming they are. They don't have to be.
If they're involved in your plan, but not just a portion of your plan, the only option left is that they are your entire plan. I suppose this can be somewhat true if they are simply paying you for goods or services you render, but that is a very limited scenario and still open to risks.

When you're rich, there is always someone trying to take you down; even if no one is, the market is a cruel mistress. It doesn't matter if their ability to pay you is hampered by intent entities or blind forces, the effect is the same.

>abstract
I'm pretty sure only the most basic abstracts are up for barter, according to further up the thread; most of the fun stuff is apparently not allowed, which actually seems to be supported by the description.

>simple, little, deals
Microtransactions aren't really an aegis against risk or a secret formula for building big, wonderful things.

>>50506809
>if you had complete certainty of the future
If you actually did have complete certainty of the future, that might be worth something. Not that you would need the power of the Trader at that point.
>>
>>50507356
i guess
>>
>>50507356
The question is, how will all of the impersonators respond... to The Chairman's Question?

"What is it about ass that you like?"
>>
>>50507407
I personally find blue extremely personally fitting. Not only sadness and contentment are one positive and one from negative (in form or regret) feelings I feel more often than many others. I love the idea of versatility of power and this is just that - a power that can be all kinds of others powers depending on how I'll make it work.

Very tricky as it's not coming as ready-made package like other powers but something that's dependant on my own creativity and wit and thus fairly tailored to what I'd deserve to get out of it.

Coupled with something I am very much in favor of - an aura encouraging people to become better - I find it far more appealing than the other colors, even if not more powerful.
>>
>>50506926
>is there a reason CYOA authors don't tripcode?
They saw what happened with Angelanon.
>>
>>50500347

The first worm cyoa, always that one.
>>
>>50507482
I fucking loved that manga.
>>
>>50507610
It's not over yet. But I miss it anyway.
>>
>>50506804
>TYPE: Dark Princess
Ambition. Power. Desire. They fill me in ways I'd scarcely remembered. Ohohohohoho~! It feels good to be me again!

>PERKS
>Magic Upgrade (6 left)
The power I wield is palpable! Delicious, even.

>Mistress of Dragons (5 left)
My darling pet.

>Once and Future Queen (4 left)
Soon, it will all be mine.

>Blood Princess (3 left)
What can I say? A good drink once in a while never hurt anyone, hm?

>Princess of the Undead (2 left)
Those who will not serve in life will serve in death.

>Blast From The Past (1 left)
The Bronze Age was fun, wasn't it?

>Not-So-Royal Behaviour (0 left)
Ah, yes~! My dreamer would never admit it, but he loves being me as much as I do. Maybe even more, hm?
>>
>>50507430
You base your claims on ideas of wealth and market as they're functioning IRL.

But the market on which you operate isn't the same as the people you mention do. You're unique person with unique power - your market is completely created and dominated by you. Furthermore, it cannot be breached by competitors if they don't have the same power.

>It doesn't matter if their ability to pay you is hampered by intent entities or blind forces, the effect is the same.
It matters if I come into deal with them knowing that should they not be hampered, they deal will come through and that's the biggest problem in getting what I'd want if I'd go for abstract things.

>I'm pretty sure only the most basic abstracts are up for barter, according to further up the thread;
"Further up the thread" is just people speculating the same way we do.

>Microtransactions aren't really an aegis against risk or a secret formula for building big, wonderful things.
Of course. But they're also a thing that is being ignored by any big, powerful entities which may want to actively stop me.

Trade is a powerful ability simply on account of allowing transaction of boons, services etc that no one else can deal in. The biggest problem is not being taken seriously or people having no clue or will to go about fulfilling their part of it - but the power takes care of it, too, at least - presumably - in case of this abstract stuff. And as we've mentioned before, it's a great deal more secure in all kinds of deals that will get through even in daily life.

It just requires some forethought and effort, but it does seem to provide significant returns for one's investment over period of time. For example, I don't think I'd find many people opposing me if I'd go to some bar near college campus and offer to buy everyone who will just agree to sell me a week of their life without having to do anything else a beer - and it may not be much but for a few bucks a month it'd be getting immortality.
>>
>>50500347
Jumpchain or Conduits.
>>
>>50507300
I probably fit Blue the most, but Red is most useful to me and I'm tempted to take Black because THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH KING.

Wat do?
>>
>>50507300
Sadness and Contentment. I suffer from depression, so sadness and contentment are pretty much my emotional range, and it seems like an interesting power to explore. As long as I don't go flying or something silly when I only have been practicing for a day.
>>
>>50507742
Choose the one you'd least regret having over others?
It's not like you'll get those powers for real, anyway ;_;
>>
>>50507687
The multiverse of the latter has collapsed pending the reboot, and the former is an infinite series of infinitely depressing caricatures.

Do you want to make another go at it? It's alright, we all make mistakes.
>>
>>50507774
Science can make it happen. Eventually.

>>50507746
You know, I notice a lot of people with depression in the CYOA threads.
But like, at the same time, why? The world has a lot to appreciate in it.
And... if you don't like your job, you can sign up to be a boywife or do porn.

Self-appreciation CYOAs, go!
>>
>>50507806
>Self-appreciation CYOA

Sounds like a plan. The first thing to do would be to draw some squares whose ratio of perimeter to perimeter to width is exactly pi, for the picture borders.
>>
>>50507806
>the world has a lot to appreciate in it

Yes, but accessing it would require competence and emotional resilience, neither of which are things many of us here have.
>>
>>50507806
Not that anon but to answer - depression is really common in this corner of the internet. We're stereotypically angry, disappointed, sad, lonely neckbeards after all.

It's also a thing that's generally commonly diagnosed in modern society. Hell, I was told I likely suffer from depression - I show quite many symptoms and it's something that also apparently runs in family. But I'd rather consider myself lazy and just not really feeling too strongly about anything and keep on trucking, living because I've lived for long enough to go by the force of habit now.

I have little pleasures, even if they also provide only little of any pleasure - but they still have worth. As long as I don't actively suffer, I can keep on going.

>And... if you don't like your job, you can sign up to be a boywife or do porn.
The former is very hard nowadays, when one's not gay and women are stuck between going for "strong and independant, I know what I want and deserve the best" and "but I am still a lady who should be treated right, be taken care of and supported" and the later is demanding effort, demeaning, with big competition in the "field" and still demanding something like decent physique, contacts.
>>
>>50507846
>perimeter to perimeter to width
I feel like there's a message in there, but I'm too Chitoged to see it.

>>50507855
Look man, there's plenty of pretty pictures and technical datasheets online. AKA fun.

You can learn to cook, and clean, and repair stuff. Then find a qtpi spouse. It's fine.
>>
>>50500347
Traveler.
>>
>>50500347
None, because escapism isn't healthy.
>>
>>50500347
Magical Realm. No question about it.
>>
>>50507806
Your question makes as much sense as asking someone why their leg's broken when they consider all the wonderful places they could walk.
>>
>>50507986
Marche please go. It's one thing to tell neckbeards to apply themselves, but dragging a literal cripple back to his living Hell? Too far, man. Too far. And your own brother, for crying out loud!

Never mind that Ivalice was technically real until you destroyed it.
>>
>>50507986
Now, I'm not going to argue with that statement, but I am going to ask why you're here to make that statement if you understand that statement.
>>
>>50507928
>The former is very hard nowadays
Honestly, just like those slut life CYOAs always around here, there's plenty of potential for boywifing, it's just that people don't push for it.
You'll probably want to be good at the wifing part though.

Hmm. My motivation IS growing to churn out boywife inspiration CYOAs now though. I'll probably flake. But maybe not!
>>
>>50507989
Not really. You can't beat it if you wallow. That's why surrounding yourself with pretty things and stuff you can devote yourself to helps.
>>
>>50507684
Even in the fictional market of the setting with its unique superpowers, basic economic principles hold.

It's true that a super with a unique ability will have cornered their market with it just by existing, and that you will have monopolized for the time being that if you get them to work for you under the good faith assured by the Trade. However, this market as all markets is only useful by giving you leverage over other markets. You must eventually use their unique power to create value that other markets can access; that's what value is.

Not only are you susceptible to the fluctuations of other markets, but your uniqueness doesn't mean you're not a target either. Just because no one can compete with you by doing the same thing doesn't mean they don't benefit from collapsing your market; if you get taken out, someone will profit either from rushing into the economic vacuum you created, or by assisting the transition away from supply that no longer exists.

One last thing that maybe I didn't say clearly enough last time: even if there are no human agents plotting against you, the blind, dumb forces of the market are always ready to swallow you up upon the smallest misstep. These are unknowns that aren't people at all. In some ways they can seem even more dangerous and devious than actual human opponents.

>just people speculating
I did say that there is some evidence in the CYOA text that supports it.

But, if you are determined to operate under the assumption that all abstracts are open season, that's a different conversation. Such power is very easy to leverage and I don't disagree that it is pretty broken.
>>
>>50500347
Probably Order and Chaos. Letting loose random superpowers, demons, and splinter dimensions could be dangerous, but the ability to craft pretty much any magic item is way the fuck OP. It's fine, I'd probably doom/blow up the universe anyway to ensure I'm properly protected from paradoxes.
>>
>>50508005
Its a meme anon.
>>
>>50507806
Depression comes from inside, anon. Not from the world really.
>>
File: The Test V 1.1.jpg (2MB, 1800x6000px) Image search: [Google]
The Test V 1.1.jpg
2MB, 1800x6000px
Trying to make a CYOA for the first time how bad is it?

1 of 2.
>>
File: Companions page 2.jpg (2MB, 1800x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Companions page 2.jpg
2MB, 1800x6000px
>>50508052

2 of 2.
>>
>>50507797
There's never going to be a reboot. Conduit's multiverse is the same as last edition, plus maybe a couple fanworlds.

As for Jumpchain - yeah, it's become shit, but I can't think of another CYOA that lets you go on a guided tour of the entire fictional multiverse. Besides Worm 1, and fuck if "LOL Kaleidoscope!" isn't the most boring answer possible.
>>
>>50500128
Whoever made this CYOA does not understand how the Greek alphabet works. It's triggering me a bit.
>>
>>50508078
>reboot
I always figured that if there was any sort of reboot going on which I really doubt that the cyoa is starting right as things get going after a clean slate.
>>
>>50508052
>>50508074
It's extremely generic, and has no detail whatsoever, both of which turn me off to it immediately. It also has a 1-10 scale with no 1s or 10s, and charges points for mandatory options, which are both things I consider serious design flaws. So yeah, needs improvement.
>>
>>50501167
But what if I want to multiclass?
Creator to finally finish the multiple CYOAs I've always wanted to make.
>>
>>50508052
>>50508074
Needs to be fleshed out. We won't care much for the choices if you won't even hint how impactful they are. Especially companions, whom you don't describe almost at all.
>>
>>50508026
It helps, but it isn't a cure. Nor is having a decent life - my life is actually pretty good, all things considered. But I have a fucked up brain that's permanently tuned to a maximum of "content" and a minimum of "curl into a ball."
>>
>>50508132
>>50508125

Thanx for input.
>>
>>50508052
>>50508074
It's basic, and the setting seems generic, but it's pretty good. All in all it seems like a good basis, especially considering this is your first try. Though I'll reserve full judgement for once you've finished the descriptions.
>>
>>50508125
>>50508132
Well now you've crushed his spirit and he's gone forever. I do agree though. Sorry.

>>50508155
Hmm. But out of curiosity, do you believe you can ever fix it?
I've always found that discovering something to love, even for a little while, has been helpful.
>>
>>50507996
I love how they had to completely change the narrative of the sequel just so people wouldn't complain about Marche.
>>
>>50508074
>>50508052
Is english not your first language or are you perhaps underage?

I feel like a lot of the writing is awkward or just phrased unnaturally.
>>
>>50508185
I'm 95% sure that someone has told that specific anon to "be happy and love something" in order get on the right track of correcting his mental problems at least 12 different occasions within this year.
>>
>>50508027
>You must eventually use their unique power to create value that other markets can access;
And the fact that it's up to you to set that is a great power in itself.

>Not only are you susceptible to the fluctuations of other markets,
You aren't as susceptible as most people. Not only you can trade in things that will provide certain security and self-reliance (you can literally trade with people for portion of their security and self-reliance in life!), but by being dominating force in some of the markets, you're more likely to be the one causing fluctuations.

>but your uniqueness doesn't mean you're not a target either. Just because no one can compete with you by doing the same thing doesn't mean they don't benefit from collapsing your market;
Of course, those are the third parties mentioned but again first they have to know there's a market and the things I deal with have to go against them. If I trade in commonly sought after things and gather what people are willingly offering without impacting their position on other markets in any really foreseeable way and cannot offer to anyone but me (the beer for week of life thing) then in big part I am detached from the market other than mine as I don't operate in the same boundaries and by all the same rules.

"Dumb, blind forces of the market" are ready to swallow only those who deal in a way that sets them up with risks high enough to allow swallowing. Market won't swallow you randomly if you won't first set yourself up for possibility of being swallowed by it. The only exception is if trade of any kinds would crash in general which is improbable even by standards of fantasy worlds.

Again, I don't claim that Trade is sure way to get everything for nothing, but the risks you mention are all almost exclusively dependant on how, with whom and in what a person is dealing and can be managed.

>Such power is very easy to leverage and I don't disagree that it is pretty broken.
Here we, too, agree.
>>
>>50508078

How do you know the entire fictional multiverse isn't real?
>>
>>50508078
>another CYOA that lets you go on a guided tour of the entire fictional multiverse.

Probably because it's a shitty idea
>>
>>50508262
How do you Trade your way out of a knife in the throat on your first day?
>>
>>50508244
Well I know you can't just 'be happy', that's silly.
But at the same time, I also know that if you accept defeat, you will have in fact been defeated.
Whereas, if you go every day with a "no, fuck you brain, this isn't depressing and I REFUSE to be depressed", you can work through it.

And then you find something sensory to do that's distractedly pleasant, like trying spices, cuddling. I have seen it work!
>>
>>50508052
The intro text is rather large and all a single paragraph, try to break it up and be a bit more concise.

Like others have said, if you have a mandatory choice like race, the cheapest one should cost nothing. In your case, subtract 20 from all race costs, then make the starting points 80. Same for classes. On the topic of races, you may want to change your 1-10 scale to something like lowest-low-mid-high-highest. Undead may need to be renamed, undead is a catchall that includes weak skeletons and zombies as well as liches.
The classes could use a bit of an explanation, I just see four images listed under wizard- what exactly am I seeing?
Finally, its good to give people some sort of direction with the companions. Do we have a common goal or are they just my mindslaves? Why should I pick them instead of just adventuring around on my own?
Regardless, good luck with your CYOA, and we're looking forward to OC :D
>>
>>50508337
Telling that anon the same advise over and over again and expecting him to change is the definition of insanity.
>>
>>50508337
As an addendum to this, wasn't there a study a while back that found that something as small as writing down three good things that happened that day can alleviate symptoms to a pretty decent degree?
>>
>>50508318
You don't. But you also likely don't get a knife in the throat for no reason.
>>
>>50508363
Ahh well, I try to help, you know Anon. But have you heard the advice to give a girl oral sex all day and do whatever she tells you? I doubt it! So have some boywife advice for good measure.

>>50508343
>The intro text is rather large and all a single paragraph
The formatting is a bit haphazard in general. Setting up a solid background image with 'architectural' features you can align things to might be helpful.
>>
>>50508417
>advice to give a girl oral sex all day and do whatever she tells you?
But anon, it was to be about advice to deal with depression, not get into one.
>>
>>50507806
>>50508006
>>50508417
>boywife
This seems to be a thing that I have somehow missed, so I ask:
What?
>>
>>50508444
Some submissive guy thing that's anon's kink and doesn't work IRL because as mentioned above girls nowadays want to be dominating and control stuff but they also still want a strong, charismatic guy to take care of them.
>>
>>50508006
Dont flake! Please?
>>
>>50508434
The secret's out now.

>>50508444
Well, one way to combat depression is to feel wanted. So if you're male, and you find a predatory girl who manhandles you and fucks you into a wall, you can start feeling better about yourself pretty quickly. Personal observations.

It's like those slut life CYOAs, except you make an effort in real life to be a pleasing cutie.
>>
>>50508313
Agree to disagree.
>>
>>50508464
>>50508470
So basically being the girl/wife of the relationship while still being a guy, gotcha.
I think it might be easier to just go full trap and find a guy given the criteria
>>
>>50508464
>>50508490
It does 100% work in real life for real heterosexuals! Only downside is other 'traditional males' can get extremely jealous.

>>50508469
Mmm. I know the demand. But. Flakiness. I'll try.
>>
>>50508470
>So if you're male, and you find a predatory girl who manhandles you and fucks you into a wall, you can start feeling better about yourself pretty quickly

Only if you see that as signs of romantic interest and according to your kinks. You've made a horrible, horrible mistake forgetting that most guys aren't the same way. Being "manhandled by a girl and fucked into a wall" would likely ensure they would feel even more useless, weak, unmanly and treated dismissively like a fuckdoll by that girl. So, good intentions but abslutely shitfuckingdigusting advice, I am afraid.

I like tomboys, I don't mind some light femdom etc but if I wouldn't first be in loving nice relationship with a girl FIRST (in which case I wouldn't seek one anyway) then what you suggested would be grounds for serious trauma or me committing a crime in defense/retaliation. Even if you're into such shit, I suspect that if a random girl on the street would force you to "service" her brutally and selfishly and then just drop you - you wouldn't be thrilled either.
>>
>>50500482
I feel like the choices for this are too one-sided. Too many of them grant infinite wishes and the drawbacks are sometimes inordinately slanted in certain directions. Honestly after the Lawyer Djinn is just feels like a generic waifu CYOA with wishes.
>>
>>50508560
>ensure they would feel even more useless, weak, unmanly and treated dismissively
Nope. Animal passion my good man. You've yet to experience it, but I didn't mention anything about dismissive treatment.

You're looking for a girl who wants you enthusiastically, and isn't afraid to take you. But if you want to 'normal-talk' yourself out of it, that's fine. Just don't presume it doesn't work for others.
>>
>>50508509
>'traditional males' can get extremely jealous
I suspect it's more like indignant and disgusted because like it or not, being too effeminate is frowned upon.

Like in >>50508560 it's that feeling of being wanted that may do one good, but just particular expression of it like that aggressive fucking may actually be detrimental if a person won't see it as an expression of positive feelings.

So, fuck hard AFTER you'll find someone you can love and love fucking hard with. Without it, it's just rape - which IRL is shit no matter who is the dominating one.
>>
File: Ptyzk.jpg (62KB, 253x750px) Image search: [Google]
Ptyzk.jpg
62KB, 253x750px
>>50508470
>manhandle you and fuck you into a wall
>>
>>50508343

Hey thanx man.
>>
>>50508052
>>50508343
I agree with this dude, but I actually thought it was good. It depends completely on the reader being familiar with tropes - the format even doesn't support non-trope options - but that's not so bad.
>>
>>50508639
Mhm. That's the style of female the world could use more of. High sex-drive an unafraid to use it.
It pains me to hear all the cerebral anons intellectualizing and gender-norming their way out of raw girl-passion.

>>50508629
>it's more like indignant
Like maybe this one. I kinda feel like they're afraid the girl will chose the man more interested in her pleasure.

>won't see it as an expression of positive feelings
And maybe they will. Right? Isn't that for them to decide, not you?

Needless to say, the amount of cute male CYOAs posted regularly speaks for itself.
>>
>>50508601
>Nope. Animal passion my good man.
>You're looking for a girl who wants you enthusiastically, and isn't afraid to take you.

Animal passion my ass. Now you're just projecting.

Anon, again, I know your intentions are good but you don't know much about me nor my past experiences or girls I knew. I don't need "normal-talk" anything, I point out that it's the part about being wanted that is important, and the act itself the way you mix with it to describe that being wanted on its own may have actually opposite effect.

It's you who mistakes expression of a feeling for a feeling and thinks everyone likes the same expression.

I know of people who'd say that for them animalistic, wild, sexual expression of being loved would be to gurgle down some man's diarrhea straight from his ass - but it's expression, dependant on one's preference and if you aren't into scat bullshit, you won't like it.
>>
>>50508416
The change in your pocket.
>>
>>50508696
>Now you're just projecting.
See. Cerebral.
You didn't have to take the advice. You could ignore it. But no, contrary to your tenor, you actively dislike it and seek to drown it out with sophistry.

That's an agenda. So my good man, enjoy the boywifes and cute males in peace please.

You can make a male-dom CYOA for you if you want.
>>
>>50508688
>And maybe they will. Right? Isn't that for them to decide, not you?
Exactly my point - that you shouldn't equate certain expression of a feeling opinion on which depends on sexual preferences with the feeling itself.

Maybe I've muddled the waters here but basically I wanted to oppose how you've portrayed the whole thing - putting emphasis not on being wanted but on particular role in relationship.

Hope it's a bit more clear now.
>>
>>50508601
>You're looking for a girl who wants you enthusiastically, and isn't afraid to take you.
This is the biggest turnoff for one of my friends. He does a complete 360 in his attraction the moment a girl does it to him.
>>
>>50508735
You seem to be missing the point.
I didn't take the advice, don't worry. But I'll argue against it when you seem to care more about propagating your kink than actually wanting to help depressed anons.
>>
>>50508744
I admit if it's just some slut off the street.

But it's kind of weird if he doesn't want his girlfriend to want him. But then, there's all kinds of people.
>>
>>50508769
Well if you call someone he tries to woo for a month or two a slut off the street, I guess.
>>
>>50508688
>Like maybe this one. I kinda feel like they're afraid the girl will chose the man more interested in her pleasure.

I bet you that in most cases it's indignant because they're looking down by a guy who "abandoned his dignity and let himself be walked over by a girl like a cuck" not because they consider themselves less desireable.

It's even worse because most girls will also prefer streotypical macho guys compared to submissive "boywives", at least short-term so if you don't have cucking fetish to boot, you should be careful - not being dominative one is one thing but going full waifish is a risk.
>>
>>50508764
>But I'll argue against it
You'll just argue against it because you don't like it. Not because you know his preferences or whether it would help him.

That's the difference between someone who's helping, and an agenda. His answer could have been "I prefer submissive maidgirls" and that's fine. Your goal is obviously to use intellectualization to cast aspersions.

Nonetheless, glory to the cute male CYOAs and IRLs. May they serve their Demon/Angel roommates in peace.
>>
>>50508813
Question: Do you really believe that?

Like, if the female is the breadwinner, you believe she cuckolds her husband?

Or that women are predisposed to liking 'macho', when there's a ton of /cm/ girls?

The discussions in these threads get fucking weird.
>>
File: 1413691402000.jpg (5MB, 4662x3068px) Image search: [Google]
1413691402000.jpg
5MB, 4662x3068px
>>50508769
>But it's kind of weird if he doesn't want his girlfriend to want him. But then, there's all kinds of people.
Like post above said it's difference in how they want the want to be expressed that you don't seem to be getting.
Don't judge everyone by your mileage - some want to be wanted wildly, others see it as slutty and trashy and prefer gentler, more romantic or innocent kind of how girl shows her feelings.

Alright, thread severely derailed. Have a classic oldie CYOA.
>>
>>50508380
This is true. Apart from the people who took issue with the "find a tough girl" advice, there actually has been some decent anti-depression advice in this thread.

It goes a long way if you find something enjoyable to do each day, even if it's just trying a new food.
>>
>>50508875
>Question: Do you really believe that?
Depends. The premise of second question in your post I find gross overexaggeration, though bad shit does happen - if not cucking then changing a guy for "better model". But I like to believe it's not because they're breadwinners (though being financially self-reliant probably helps) as much as they're not really committed and bad partners.

Premise of third question I do believe in somewhat. Not stereotypical macho - but charismatic, dominative guy is far more likely to get a girl's initial interest than loving, but submissive guy. The "ton of /cm/ girls" is still a minority, even a niche minority - and many of them keep their /cm/ likes restricted to fantasies and fiction, unwilling to actually build a relationship based on such.
>>
>>50508978
I have seen the exact opposite. Tons of 'typical male' relationships ending in divorce, few 'attentive male' relationships ending at all.

Just because the female is the lead doesn't mean she's automatically a heartless bitch who trades males like care tires. There are people like that of both genders.

I don't mean to offend, but do you know many happily married couples? What you're saying is more like bad femdom porn than real life.
>>
>>50508820
>Nonetheless, glory to the cute male CYOAs and IRLs. May they serve their Demon/Angel roommates in peace.
And by this paragraph we know you commit hypocrisy by criticizing a post just to propagate your own kinks. Both groups working for their agenda are shit.
>>
>>50509040
>just to propagate your own kinks
Classic asymmetric claim.
Anti-kink Anon causes problem when particular kind of relationship/CYOA is brought up.
Others reply about his agenda.
Claims that's what they're doing back at them.

But we all know there was no reason for him to reply so vitriolically to the amazon-female stuff, don't we?
>>
>>50509026
>I have seen the exact opposite. Tons of 'typical male' relationships ending in divorce, few 'attentive male' relationships ending at all.
I don't have statistics, didn't follow on all those relationships nor I cannot clear-cut categorize some of the couples I do know but you don't see the opposite - the difference is we've talked about preference and even if (it's very possible!) many relationships with the dominating guys end in gutter, the fact is that those dominating guys are more likely to get interest to get into relationship in the first place. Also, I reject suggestion that one has to be submissive to be attentive.

>Just because the female is the lead doesn't mean she's automatically a heartless bitch who trades males like care tires. There are people like that of both genders.
I absolutely agree and that's what I've underlined by "But I like to believe" - what was your problem again?

>I don't mean to offend, but do you know many happily married couples? What you're saying is more like bad femdom porn than real life.
I know a few. I also know a few very much not happily married or simply ex-couples. Why?
>>
>>50508951
Try a new food. Do something the hard way, because you can. Go for a walk. Do some physical exercise like push-ups to better yourself. Cook something. Try a new skill for a while, even if you don't end up keeping at it.
>>
>>50509074
Since it's possible you mean me as I was one of anons opposing the "wild fuck" thing I have to say there was a reason and in addition to that it wasn't much vitriol against whatever floats anon boat, but underlining how bad his advice may be when he framed it from the standpoint of that particular attitude from a girl making it seem like it's the approach to fucking that's more important than emotions behind it.

As a switch I can find appeal in either but I cannot really take what comes down to "you need a girl to fuck you wildly" as a decent advice for dealing with depression the same way I'd find "you just need to fuck wildly some gentle girl" a bad advice.
>>
>>50509102
>I know a few. I also know a few very much not happily married or simply ex-couples. Why?
A top complaint of women: "Men don't listen."
Relationships last because both partners care about making eachother happy, no matter which gender is the breadwinner.

>more likely to get interest to get into relationship in the first place
They're more likely to get interest from women who want that kind of person. But not every one does.

And if you don't want the women who want that kind of person, then why would you BE that kind of person?

Basically, you seem to have a gender bias, one common in the West.
>>
>>50509136
You mean this >>50508417 anon?

I'm pretty sure that's a joke.

Then these two >>50508434 >>50508464 get upset by it.

Then this guy >>50508560 reads way too much into it. I'm not sure where he even got all the shit behavior from the girl.

Lesson... take it easy /cyoag/. There's a lot of /gfd/ in here, so you'll see stuff like that. It's fine.
>>
>>50509144
>Relationships last because both partners care about making eachother happy, no matter which gender is the breadwinner.
Here we are in the agreement.

>They're more likely to get interest from women who want that kind of person. But not every one does.
Yes, and the type of women who want that kind of person is more common than the opposite. I don't really care to judge it at this point, I am saying how it is as rebbutal for using "but there's so many /cm/ girls!" as an argument.

>And if you don't want the women who want that kind of person, then why would you BE that kind of person?
First, you imply that only such women want that kind of person, which is false.
Second, you assume I want to be some particular stereotype at all, which is also false.

>Basically, you seem to have a gender bias, one common in the West.
>Basically, I don't really have anything to tell you, so I will accuse you of things.
>>
>>50509204
>>Relationships last because both partners care about making eachother happy, no matter which gender is the breadwinner.
>Here we are in the agreement.
But then, that's the salient point. Why would you then have a problem with men who choose not to be the breadwinner?
That's the bias.

>>50509136
>"you just need to fuck wildly some gentle girl"
Yo, that's real common advice though. Not gonna lie, it works too sometimes.
>>
>>50509182
>You mean this >>50508417 anon?
No, the >>50508470

I am the anon who you said reads way too much into it. Maybe it's autismo of me but it really sounded like anon advocated femdom as a cure for depression, further proven by him claiming "animal passion" as the reason.

As one of.. two? -anons who claimed depressive tendencies in this thread I wanted to underline how sex, no matter what's dynamic between partners - doesn't help. Even the fact that girl wants you, if you aren't sure she wants you out of anything but lust and selfish satisfaction - won't do it for you. At least it doesn't for me. I would know.

So, yeah, his advice is okay just to after the point of claiming that being cared for can be good for you. But when he brought in kinks on how that care should be expressed, because "animal passion" - he messed it up. The same way he'd mess up if he'd switch tendencies but still make it about sex and that passion of his.
>>
>>50509225
>Yo, that's real common advice though. Not gonna lie, it works too sometimes.
It works sometimes because a gentle girl is often more willing to show care and other traits associated with being feminine. And yeah, it is a common advice - but if someone really ever got over depression by a good lay, then they didn't have real depression in the first place - they were just sad or feeling down.
>>
>>50509280
>autismo of me
I... I'm gonna say a little.

For the content of >>50508470, you imagined a fuckton into >>50508560.

I don't see any of the humiliation, assault, or brutal dropping that you seem to.

It sounds like he was talking about some imo pretty normal rough sex, just with a girl being the one coming on to you, which is really common. It IS a big confidence boost, btw.
>>
Oh boy, I sure do look forward to finding out the topic of the next thread.
>>
>>50509338
>I don't see any of the humiliation, assault, or brutal dropping that you seem to.
That part wasn't a claim that this is how it would happen, but an example shown for contrast for anon to underline how - while care is good - mileage on how it is expressed may vary and what he finds hot someone else can see in the way as mentioned in that bit about assault and humiliation.

Advices may be nice but if someone starts to wiggle in some of his magical realm, I may indeed get suspicious and alarmed.

Girl being into you can be a good confidence boost, I agree. But how she comes onto you matters, too - and again, mileage may vary on how it is done. One person may want her go wild and crazy, someone else may want a gentle soul silently staying by his side. At this point it's a preference for feelings are expressed.
>>
>>50509387
>for how feelings are expressed*
And that expression shouldn't be made to seemingly matter more than the feelings that were meant to guide it is what I am saying.
>>
>>50502725
50 p
Pokemon:
Buneary 3p 47
Goomy 3p 44
Vulpix 2p 42
Kangaskhan 4p 38
Riolu 2p 36
Mudbray 3p 33

Items:
Map - Free
Bag - Free
Pokedex - Free
Medicine Bag: 2p 31
Food 3p 28
Camping suplies 4 Outdoorsman 2 Long haul 2 = 8p 20

Abilities
Base Knowledge Free
Interpreter 3 Pokeglot 2 = 5p 15
Aura reading 3p 12
Pokemon Capture 3p 9
Psychic Gift 6p 3
Savant 1p 2
Survial 1p 1
Parkour 1p 0

Starting Region
Hoenn
It's time to start my very own pokemon adventure
>>
>>50509412
Seems people are really fond of the psychic gift.
So am I. I actually was tempted to just get fully upgraded personal items for self reliance, psychic powers and live a life of pokemon-less traveler
>>
>>50509371
It'll be CYOAs of course, silly!

>>50509325
>It works sometimes because a gentle girl is often more willing to show care and other traits associated with being feminine.
I'm pretty sure that's a straight gender bias. There are plenty of caring men and women, breadwinners or not.

>>50508470 was me, and I wholeheartedly recommend the pleasures of female sexual assertiveness.

>>50509387
You crazy man. Kinda hung up on sexual topics. Nobody said you should have a safe loving relationship with someone you trust.

That doesn't prevent her from being a predatory amazon who fucks you into the wall on the regular. Salute.
>>
>>50509371
What? You don't like /lgbt/, /pol/ and /r9k/ on your CYOAs? Don't worry, next thread will be back to culling and pvp shitposting, talks about how you can cuck and everyones waifus, sucking namefag dick (unless we hate that namefag, then we will just insult her over 3 threads every time she posts, because that's how little we care) and most importantly, another lewd-comfy wish fullfiment cyoa with as much depth as the fucking Himalayas.
>>
File: 1411942803931.jpg (55KB, 725x291px) Image search: [Google]
1411942803931.jpg
55KB, 725x291px
>>50509436

<3
>>
>>50509436
>back to culling and pvp shitposting
Yep.
>talks about how you can cuck and everyones waifus
And especially.

There's just not too much OC. We did talk about the Trader a lot though. So that was nice.

>>50509423
>Nobody said you should have a safe loving relationship with someone you trust.
Should be:
Nobody said you shouldn't have a safe loving relationship with someone you trust.
>>
so whats the current battlemage and has there been an update anytime recently?
>>
>>50509436
>then we will just insult her over 3 threads
Got someone particular in mind? :^)

Also, don't forget our other mainstays - battles between people who want their kinks in CYOAs and those who find any kinks in CYOAs a disgusting abomination (unless it's their kink). Or wannabe little girls, sissies and futas advertising their kinks!
>>
>>50509468
so the next thread will be open for /d/iscussion. Great, its been a while.
>>
>>50509479

It's gonna be nothing but futas, then.
>>
>>50509468
>battles between people who want their kinks in CYOAs and those who find any kinks in CYOAs a disgusting abomination (unless it's their kink)

Hey, we manged to pull one of those out right at the very end of this thread!

>>50509479

I hope so. It's been pretty slow in here otherwise. But what if they don't want to see dominant monstergirls?!

Find out next time on /cyoag/!
>>
>>50509436
As the dude who came up with the MH build to use bomb and bomb accessories to inflict propain during the Culling, I'm sorry..
>>
>>50509436
I'm tempted to impersonate bliss and release an "update" to MH just to kill off those damn culling discussions. So annoying.
>>
>>50509527
Do it. Add futas, and femdom, and PROPAINE just to screw with em more.
>>
>>50509512
I enjoyed your contributions because they were engaging and relevant to the topic at hand. I don't enjoy shitposting, screaming about cucks, /pol/, /r9k/, futa, and whatever other bullshit these losers have been going on about.
>>
>>50509495
>Hey, we manged to pull one of those out right at the very end of this thread!
Hey, for some of us it was more about not mixing feelings with their expression in advice!
I would even accept some dominant monstergirls OC... as long as they're loving and qt too, just tomboyish
>>
>>50509536
>and whatever other bullshit these losers have been going on about
FEMDOM you _______, didn't you read the thread?!
>>
>>50509534
>>50509527
I've missed some threads. A recap on the whole propaine and culling stuff so I won't have to ask and bring it back in the new thread?
>>
>>50509554
A somehow-rekindled shitstorm about some insignificant feature from some old CYOA
>>
>>50509554
Both are from the Monster Hunter CYOA.
Guy made a Crazy Prepared build based around setting up explosives everywhere. People whined about the Culling, people whined about people whining, so on and so forth
>>
>>50509562
>>50509554
Don't forget the last debacle where people were treating the nullification skill like the second cumming of jesus.
>>
lavender when
>>
>>50509554
Last threads were mostly about Ero-Hunters, some builds, and discussion of Radar/Trader. Propaine was the distant past.

>>50509541
Get ready man, I'm gonna give you some advice:
If you're feeling down, find a qt tomboy kitsune to bathe you in PASSION and keep you as her adored and special petboy forever.
>>
>>50503720
>we need more playground-style I'm-better-no-I'm-better-ad-nauseam "arguments"
>>
>>50509577
I think theres already a cyoa about that one. The kitsune travel companion that treats you as her bitch for eternity?
>>
>>50509527
Go for it. I've edited CYOAs like that before. :^)
>>
>>50509586
>>50503720
My dad can beat up your dad.
>>
>>50509552
Truly the worst of all worlds.

>didn't you read the thread?!
No, I skipped it because it was garbage.
>>
>>50509588
Fuck. Someone beat me to it.

>>50509541
Okay, are you ready, get ready for some BETTER advice:
If you're feeling sad, find some form of dominant female creature of dubious humanity but comparable sexual charm to own and cherish you for as long as you shall life and initiate sex with you ever single day because she finds it pleasing.
>>
>>50509607

We haven't made those yet.
>>
>>50509577
>Get ready man, I'm gonna give you some advice:
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting etc etc

>>50509588
Dunno about bitch one but yeah, I think there was some CYOA from that series of monstergirl ones (each girl had their own sub-CYOA) and kitsune was quite demanding. Though not tomboyish.
>>
>>50509622
Exactly my plan.

After reading this thread, since >>50509606 wasn't strong enough to, I have decided that maybe we could use a Depression Advice CYOA.

The twist?

All the recommendations are weird fetishes!
>>
>>50509604
You can't beat what doesn't exist.
>>
>>50509632

No, I was talking about the female creature you mentioned.
>>
>>50509607
>>50509623
yea, just google "kitsune bard cyoa", should be the first result. Not gonna post it personally cause its too nsfw.
>>
>>50509607
>Okay, are you ready, get ready for some BETTER advice
I actually was making CYOA like that (based on the idea of mystery box from alien girls CYOA - basically, making a selection of creepy waifus) but now your attempts to be witty and try to tease me made it all die!

Don't worry, it didn't. Still, dunno when I will deliver if at all but keep hoping, just don't hold your breath
>>
>>50509643
I know. She'll be in it. Then we can have one of those.

The wondrous boy-saving multifarious Gentle Empress. I'll just rip her from Divine Empress if I have to.

>>50509623
>Ironic shitposting is still shitposting etc etc
I know man, but you, if it was you, seemed like you took it hard up there.

So by the tenets of exposure therapy, giving you the same advice repeatedly MUST work.

Let the delicious flatchest lamia into your LIFE!
>>
>>50509669
>Let the delicious flatchest lamia into your LIFE!
I like them with a pair of legs, like a pleb.
I was promised kitsune tomboy. No backsies now.
>>
File: Femdom CYOA 05 Kitsune.jpg (2MB, 1000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Femdom CYOA 05 Kitsune.jpg
2MB, 1000x5000px
>>50509646
>Not gonna post it personally cause its too nsfw.
There's no uncovered naughty bits, though.
>>
>>50509669
booo lamia, sneks are scary.

>>50509683
I can't open it fullscreen (for reasons) to check, so I was going by memory.
>>
>>50509669

>I know. She'll be in it. Then we can have one of those.

I assumed you were talking about real life, not a CYOA.
>>
>>50509679
Hmph. Kitsune tomboy it is!

Now the real questions begin... Tsundere? Kuudere? Headpatsdere?

Firm and toned, definitely. Slight tan. Prehensile tails, which retain a supple yet martial fluff.

Oh, and she fucking cures depression on contact when eating her between her toned thighs.
>>
>>50509697
>I assumed you were talking about real life, not a CYOA.
But anon, CYOAs are in real life. <3
>>
File: 1285585016687.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1285585016687.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>50509679

>lamia
>with a pair of legs
>>
>>50509753

My child, I am pretty sure he meant the kitsune.

>>50509683

Speaking of, she's a hardass. Give /gfd/ kitsune, pls.
>>
>>50509724
Alright, have it your way. I... reluctantly and graciously accept.

As for character, genki on the outside but with a side of loving, devoted, mature but still headpatsdere, please.

I assume I also will be taken care of while... curing depression? Otherwise it'd be very depressing!
>>
>>50509724
I want shipdere!
lewdify ship cyoa!
>>
>>50509782

You wouldn't fuck a ship.
>>
>>50509782
Fucking ryo-ohki fetishists. The worst.

>>50509772
>I assume I also will be taken care of while... curing depression? Otherwise it'd be very depressing!

Of course! You must understand the thoughts of the /gfd/ kitsune. While she takes pleasure in actions of her pet, it is his devotion she really savors. For such a good boy, she is easily able to lift him into the most savory of positions to take part in fruit of his loins.

Unless she finds you have a foot fetish, then you get tickled and edged the whole time from beneath. Sorry.

Nonetheless, sadness is sure to be gone. And the entire contents of your balls, ever day. I hope you took cardio.
>>
>>50509821
Anon we have a cyoa where the ship literally wants your human dick.
Don't fucking tempt them.
>>
>>50509821
>>50509826
Life uhh... finds a way.
Go ask /d/, they'll tell you hundreds of ways to enjoy the ship.
>>
>>50509826
Alright anon, we went quite far qith that but it was funny. Make a CYOA with such stuff, one character we have down now.
>>
>>50509844
THE WORST.

Besides, you can have a tomboy kitsune benchpress you for 69. That's cool right? SHIPS HE SAYS

And then wrap you in tails for some nice rimming. What's not to love? RYO. OHKI.
>>
>>50509857
Well I momentarily forgot the level of explicitness permitted on /tg/.

But they I remembered they don't give a fuck.

Question is now whether she knows any instant ejaculation martial arts, you know, to help with 'depression', and whether she can use them during a tennis match,

It's important.
>>
>>50500151
How many perks do non-improved familiars get?
>>
>>50509879
its based on who you chose as master 4 perks unless you chose old wizard or witch.
>>
>>50509902
Right, missed that.
>>
>>50509836
>>50509878
Alright. I have plans. The wheels are in motion.

And with that, this thread may peacefully dip below the horizon.
>>
File: 1462674947761.jpg (55KB, 465x857px) Image search: [Google]
1462674947761.jpg
55KB, 465x857px
>>50506804
Light Princess, because Dark doesn't offer anything I'd really want and mostly neutral with an extra point sounds fine.

>Rebellious Princess
I'm not trying to stick out but a little leniency is appreciated for a few quirks, stubborn habits and
>Forbidden Love
Indiscretions

>Magic Upgrade.
Use Sorcerous talents and know how to ensure that I have power and insights enough to stand as rightful heir in worth, not just inheritance.

>Princess of Learning
Fostering knowledge out and about the place is a good start, but the schools and university won't be widely available at first. I'll need to find my circle, coven or what-have-you and ensure that my personal power base are ready and willing for the
>Technology Upgrade.
Once my keys to the kingdom are ready, send the mageocrats to go out into the kingdom to cultivate education properly. They're to gather their own personal circles in their own regions of influence and maintain a magical aristocracy, but also promote and reward those who accept the efforts of education in non-magical means and facilitate the industrial revolution.

Eventually, we'll need to blend the two; as education increases, and technological mind-sets approach magical means, hextechnology should help to speed up the change even faster. This will result in a time of tumult of course, but progressing in hextech while making information widely available and drawing the kingdom together under banner of a leader who hasn't even taken the throne yet will likely lead to
>Revolution(ary Princess).

Change, good or ill, is livelihood. We'll have a generation gap the likes of which has never been seen before as magical and technological means of production and provision expand rapidly. Great-grandparents might lament the loss of some of their traditions, but celebrate their great grandchild's first-borns in turn.
->
>>
File: 1454979630548.jpg (111KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
1454979630548.jpg
111KB, 736x981px
>>50510101
Of course with a sudden rise in our own resources and productivity, our neighboring countries will undoubtedly feel the results of our prosperity, though perhaps not welcoming it as much as we have. Offers to teach them our means, contingent on good relations with our own sovereignty will be offered of course, but if they should prefer to be outperformed and rendered irrelevant in the coming decades, that is their choice to make and we'll not try to step in their path. If anything it'll just be easier to give our allies the benefits and let their respective markets play out the eventual results and ensure that local housing has extra-dimensional spaces available by then.

They'll likely do the same in turn to the next states over. By that time, we'll have augmented transit; rails and airships to foreign lands and teleportation circles to our essentially propped-up puppet governments to ensure swift reprisal to antagonistic efforts should we meet any.

Our goal is not Their territories however, nor yours'. Our eyes are ever set onward, outward, and upward.

>Millennium Princess.
Whether expanding from a united earthly kingdom or a singular nation now acting as our avatar of an empire beyond it, we will take to the stars. A still more glorious dawn awaits; not a sunrise, but a galaxy-rise. A morning filled with a hundred-million suns.

Of course one princess ruling over such a grand expanse is unrealistic, and to be honest I doubt I'd need to hold that much power once the fires of civilization begin to burn across this galactic arm. Instead I'll fade back, formally abdicating while informally taking back the reigns of industries and infrastructure as a premier hextech baroness. Own the gates through which the empire moves and simply make efforts to foster further growth still. The universe is vast, and we have a long way to go.
>>
File: Reality Ride.jpg (1MB, 1400x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Reality Ride.jpg
1MB, 1400x3300px
>>50508078
Well, it's not a "guided tour" but it does offer the option of going touring yourself: pic-related.
>>
>>50500114
>>50500128
>>50500151
>>50500209
>Witch
>Waifish Orphan
>The Body (Humanize)
>Pseudodragon
>Protector + Sage (I wish I can pick 3 jobs)
>All events if possible
>>
>>50500114 (OP)
>>50500128
>>50500151
>>50500207

I'm going to assume that a) As a familiar, my lifespan is tied to my master's and b) I can perceive the world despite my lack of conventional senses.

> Male - Adult Mage
Honestly, I'd prefer a sedentary life as a student's Familiar, but given what creature I am, it'd be a waste of my abilities.

> Insect: Tardigrade
As for what I am, I'm an effin' Tardigrade.

> Focus: Transmutation
> Power: Enlarge
Which means I'm immensely small, so I kinda need the Enlargement power to enjoy my new life. Also, horse-sized Tardigrade yo.

At this size, I reckon my hunting stinger will be quite deadly too. But I'd probably just enlarge into a dog sized familiar for the most part, or Warp onto my master and just hang invisibly due to my minuscule natural size.

>Perks
>1) Warper
> 2) Speedy
> 3) Telepathic
> 4) Magic Hand
I started with the idea of a Warper/Ignite combo, where I'd warped into an enemy's orifice and explode, but after putting the finishing touches on this, I decided that I can just use Warp with Enlarge instead.

But as Warp is as a weapon, for mundane applications, I'll need to be Speedy. In this way, I can even be a steed for my master.

Magic Hand so I can interact with the world.

Telepathic for communication purposes. It's practically a must have.

Being a Tardigrade means I come with certain drawbacks, so the Power and Perks are necessary for me to be functional.

> Job: Protector
I'm a Tardigrade up to the size of a horse. I might as well be a meat shield.
>>
>>50510181
Your lifespan is unaging until your master dies, you can still die to trauma before then.
Also, you don't NEED telepathic, you get magic voice for free.
>>
>>50508052
>>50508074
Has potential but you need to flesh things out. Can you multiclass?
>>
File: 1479834656208.jpg (12KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1479834656208.jpg
12KB, 205x205px
>>50509436
>he actually reads /cyoa/ instead of skimming the thread for OC.
>>
>>50510194
> Your lifespan is unaging until your master dies
Yay. Better help him attain immortality then.

> die to trauma
Unlikely.

> magic voice for free
Awesome.

I figure we'd go around slaying dragons and stuff. We'd encounter a dragon and I'd just warp into its mouth/throat and enlarge, choking it to death. Build a rep for my master whilst I stay out of sight for the most part. Get 'em rich and famous as an adventurer/war hero.
>>
>>50506926
SDA has a trip, but he only used it for his (dead) Stardust Quest.
>>
>>50508052
Can be alright, but as is no reason to take short lived races as all you can buy for spare points are more companions which are not THAT useful to trade a couple hundred years of lifespan for them.
>>
File: worm_CYOA.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
worm_CYOA.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50500347
Worm CYOA, obviously.

Endbringer Kaleidoscope 4 life.
Thread posts: 416
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.