[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/btg/ Battletech General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 65

"Status!" "It's farther back than it is forward" edition - -

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: >>50489288

=================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
http://megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

MechCommander & Mechwarrior 3 pilot voices and SFX
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pehas5xyoaocfaz/2016-11-12_MechCommanderGold-Pilots-with-Instructions.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wplodo9q9f1f377/2016-11-19_PC_Mechwarrior3-SFX-Vocals.rar

/btg/'s own image board: - (needs work)
http://bgb.booru.org/index.php
>>
What's that comic from?
And dear god please hold my butte.
>>
>>50500110
Product 8604 in the Battletech catalog: The Spider and the Wolf.
>>
>>50500079
Here's the thing. It's not something Randall would feel the need to delete. He's fine with that position. It's illogical for him to have scrubbed it. Combine that with the fact that none of the 1-5 anons who claim they saw it screencapped it when they absolutely love posting that kind of stuff to prove their point(note I am not disagreeing with that point) just seems unlikely to me. Essentially you're making an assertion with no evidence.
>>
File: Shadow Hawk 6D.png (42KB, 651x928px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Hawk 6D.png
42KB, 651x928px
BRRT.
>>
>>50500191
The OCD in me wonders where the SRM launcher went, but with that much BRRRRT who gives a damn. Neat variant.
>>
Gentlemen, let's update some 3025 mechs for Dark Age.
I need Shadow Hawks, Clints, Hermes IIs, Vulcans, and whatever else you can think of. Fluff wise it's houses refitting garrison force mechs instead off wasting new ones on them.
>>
>>50500217
I feel the same, could scale back to a 10 and stick something on. Frankly i'd like that for some extra up close umph. If someone can do that while I'm stuck at work....
>>
File: Shadow Hawk 5M variants.png (80KB, 1317x938px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Hawk 5M variants.png
80KB, 1317x938px
>>50500217
Possibly the same place as this one's, which is to feed the LRMs and LB-10.

>>50500240
So, are you giving me free rein to hand you mechs that are barely functional but have a SHITLOAD of new tech?

>>50500252
>scale back to an LRM-10
This is heresy. Plus that SSRM2 was worthless.
>>
>>50500271
>So, are you giving me free rein to hand you mechs that are barely functional but have a SHITLOAD of new tech?
isn't that what the normal 3145 TROs were anyway?
>>
>>50500240
Sounds good to me. I'll have a couple up in a bit
>>
File: DA Mediums.png (194KB, 1354x1922px) Image search: [Google]
DA Mediums.png
194KB, 1354x1922px
>>50500304
Yes... but I only made one of those. The rest are designs I use already, so they get no tweaking.
>>
File: Shaqs.png (195KB, 1065x877px) Image search: [Google]
Shaqs.png
195KB, 1065x877px
>>50500240
Not necessarily dark age stuff, but I really enjoyed using these.
>>
>>50500457
Ooh can I request a few?
If so: Battlemaster, Thud, Atlas, Commando, and Enforcer
>>
>>50500054

As requested: How to build a character in MW3e.

Warning, long

OK, so building a MW3 character isn’t hard, per se. It’s just complex. During character creation, you need to keep track of Attribute minimums (ie, “once you leave creation your Attribute *must* be this high)” and Attribute Thresholds (ie, “buying an attribute to a higher level than this is expensive; buying it lower is cheap”).

So, I roll randomly for character affiliation (using the AtB table), and generate a Federated Suns character. Next, I write all of the following on my character worksheet:

-Set all attribute minimums to 2 (except SOC @ 1)
-Set all attribute Thresholds to 6 (except EDG at 8)
-Primary Language: English
-Secondary Languages: French, German, Hindi, Russian
-SKILL: Protocol/FedSuns +1, Languages/French +3
-TRAIT: NA/Strategy (SOC minimum to 4)

Once that’s written, I’m ready to enter Stage 1: Early Childhood. Because it’s fun, I’ll roll randomly to determine where we start (random roll isn’t necessary, but I don’t have a character in mind so I might as well):
1-5: Back Woods
6-30: Blue Collar
31-40: Clan War Orphan
41-50: Farm
51-60: Fugitives
61-75: Nobility
75-80: Street
80-81: Trueborn Creche
82-100: White Collar
Roll: 69 – Nobility
So my character is from the nobility. Now I apply the modifiers from the Nobility Stage 1 track:

NOBILITY
-Adjust Attribute Thresholds by: STR -1; BDY -1; RFL -1; INT +1; CHA +1; SOC +1
-TRAITS: Wealth; Well-equipped; Enemy
-SKILLS: Language/French +1; Protocol/FS +2
Next I make my Nobility Event Roll. Which is a 3 (traitor). Fuck that. So what I do here is I reduce my Edge Threshold from an 8 to a 7. Doing so lets me reroll. I get the following results:

-EVENT ROLL: 12
-ROLL 1: 6
-TRAIT: Good Reputation
-ROLL 2: 10
-+1 BOD; +1 RFL; -1 CHA; Must take Military School or Merc Brat in Stage 2

>For reference: I only roll average by virtue of rolling either very high or very low.
>>
>>50500678

My event roll dictates where I can go in Stage 2; this is not always the case, and regardless, if I didn’t want to go to Military School or be a Merc Brat, I could reduce my Edge Threshold again and just choose the path I want (I also have to come up with a fluff justification, btw). However, I’m OK with being a Merc Brat, so we’re going to go ahead with that.

MERC BRAT
Adjust Attribute Thresholds by: INT -1; WILL +1; EDG +1
-SKILLS: Interest/Chinese Music +1; Administration +2; Negotiation +2
EVENT ROLL: 11
I’m going to actually reduce my Edge Threshold again (putting it down to a 7; I picked up +1 EDG from being a Merc Brat) and add a +1 to the Event roll, making it a 12. This allows me to roll 3 times and take the best 2 effects.

-ROLL 1: 6
-ROLL 2: 3 - DISCARDED
-ROLL 3: 11
-Add Owns Vehicle and Vehicle 2; -1 EDG; Scrounge +2

OK, we have a merc brat here. That's not surprising - after the episode where my family was thought to be traitors, it follows that they'll foster me off on a merc unit for some seasoning while the outcry dies down. That also protects me from any "unfortunate accidents" from zealous FedSuns loyalist kids at a more traditional school. See? Instant background fluff!

Oh, and I’m automatically 16 years old at the end of Stage 2.
>>
File: DA Mechs.png (337KB, 1996x1970px) Image search: [Google]
DA Mechs.png
337KB, 1996x1970px
>>50500524
Have a bonus sixth, because I hate odd numbers.
>>
>>50500695

It’s time to move on to Stage 3, and I feel like putting my PC through Fitvelt Military Academy, since they are that rare bird: a military school that doesn’t turn out holier-than-thou douchebags. Fitvelt has a school-specific track entry. I apply the following modifiers to my sheet:

-+1 year
-Set Attribute Minimums to INT 3; WIL 4; SOC 3 (no effect)
-Adjust Thresholds to: WIL +1; SOC +1
-SKILLS: Academic/FS History +2; Protocol/FS +2; Perception +1
-TRAITS: Promotion 2; Well-equipped; Stigma/2nd-rate Academy
-FIELD: Basic Training (gain all skills in this field at +3 rating, or add +3 to them if you have them already)

-EVENT ROLL: 18 - REDUCE EDGE TRESHOLD BY 1 TO INCREASE BY 1 to 19
-EVENT ROLL: 18
-EVENT ROLL: 10
-+1 EDG; Good Rep; Contact 2; Wealth 2; Vehicle 3; Appraisal +2; Scrounge +2; Stigma/Go-toMan; -2 to 2 Basic Training Skills (Nav/Ground&1st Aid)

After the event roll modifiers are applied, now I choose a field of study. Because of my event roll, I qualify for OCS, so I take that first:

-+1 year
-+1 WIL
-TRAIT: Commission 1 (replaces Promotion)
-SKILLS: Academic/MilHIstory +2; Bureac/FS +2; Protocol/FS +1; Strategy +1; gain OCS Field (all skills in field gain +3)

Then OCS kicks me back out and I can choose an *actual* field of study. Which hey presto! It’s BattleMech pilot!

+2 years
-Attribute minimums DEX 3; RFL 4
-TRAITS: Promotion 1 (to Commission)
-+2 to Administration; Gunnery/Mech; +1 to Tactics/Mech; gain Mech Pilot Field (+3 to all skills in the field)
>Here's a character sheet. You should probably be filling out the worksheet on pg 2 to follow along.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 720x850px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 720x850px
WTF? I love palladium now.
That company sounds familiar, what products do they offer?

>Offer
Plenty, mostly Rifts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Robotech

>Actually make
Aaaaand there's your problem. They have a bad habit of promising vaporware and taking ten times as long as necessary to put out product, because the company owner is a delusional narcissist who has to personally re-write everything they make. And refuses to issue errata. And sues fansites.
No I'm not bitter about RRPGT Wave II. At all.
>>
>>50500727

Now I have the option to go to Stage 4, or revert to Stage 3 for special training. Because this guy is a Feddie and thus a Mary Sue, let’s make him as crazy as possible:

STAGE 3: Military Scientist Special Training
-+2 years
-Set minimum WIL to 5
-+1 to RFL Threshold
-+1 to Career/Soldier, Nav/Ground, 1st Aid
-+2 to Gun/Mech; Pilot/Mech
-TRAITS: Promotion (applies to Commission); Well-equipped 2
-FIELD: Military Scientist

Now at the age of 22 it’s time to move on to real life:

Stage 4: Tour of Duty (Federated Suns)
-+2 years
-TRAIT: Vehicle 2
-SKILLS: +2 to Tactics/Mech, Gun/Mech, Pilot/Mech; +1 to Admin; Scrounge; Negotiation
-EVENT ROLL: 16
-+3 to Admin, Gun/Mech, Leadership;
-TRAITS: Addiction, Combat Sense, Promotion 1 (to Commission)

Finally, one more Tour of Duty Option. For reference, my Edge Threshold right now is 5. I’m comfortable playing low-edge characters, so I’ll reduce it to a 4 to access a path of my choice. We’ll say he was sent to assist St.Ives against the Cappies (similar to the Flying Tigers or the Lafayette Escadrille). Therefore:

Stage 4: Xin Sheng
-+2 years (he’s up to 26 y/o)
-TRAITS: Vehicle 2; Quirk/St. Ives Loyalist
-SKILLS: +2 to Gun/Mech, Plt/Mech, Scrounge; +1 to:Language/Mandarin, Lang/French, Lang/English
-EVENT ROLL: 3 -1 EDG TO REROLL (down to 3)
-EVENT ROLL: 20 – roll twice
-EVENTS: 14, 15
-+1 EDG (up to 4)
-TRAITS: Brave, Promotion (to Commission) 1; Well-equipped 2
-SKILLS: +4 to Gun/Mech; +2 to Tactics/Mech, Strategy, Strategy, Leadership, Admin; +1 to Negotiation; Strategy

And that concludes the lifepath system. But we aren't done yet.
>>
>>50500704
I knew you were special...
>>
>>50500740

Now I have to go through and make sure that I buy my attributes up to their minimum values.

Characters get 50 points to buy attributes. You can “sell back” unwanted positive traits (or take on negative ones), but under circumstances that sometimes count only for half benefit. Here, I’ll sell back 3 points of Vehicle, 4 points of Well-equipped, 2 points of Promotion, 1 point of Good Reputation. Vehicle and Good Rep only count for half benefit. This gives me a final modified total of 58 points. Set STR to 4 (4 points). Set BODY to 5 (5 points total). Set CHA to 7 (9 points). Set SOC to 4 (4 points). Set WIL to 5 (5 points). Set EDG to 4 (4 points). Set DEX to 7 (9 points). Set RFL to 7 (7 points). Set INT to 7 (7 points). 4 points remaining.

Note that the attributes with values above their Threshold (like DEX) cost more Attribute points to buy.

I have 4 Attribute points remaining. I can also use these to buy Traits. I spend 3 points to buy “Fast Learner” because all my skills will be cheaper that way, and 1 point to buy “Attractive”, because hey, the Suns are the leading men of the setting.

Now, skills take a minute. You find the column of the Skill Point Conversion chart that applies best to the individual skill you’re looking at. In this case, for every skill BUT “Strategy”, I look at the “Fast Learner” column, since I have that trait. Assume for a moment I have 11 points in Skill X. I look at the column, and that puts me between 6 (+2) and 12 (+3). I get a +2 rating in that skill…and then I take the 5 extra points that didn’t get used buying the +2 rating and put those points into a Free SP Pool. Once I’ve converted ALL of my skills using the column, I can use my Free SP Pool and buy more skill ranks or new skills, at the prices on the chart.
>>
>>50499827
They're the antagonists, but I don't really see what makes them villains. I main Dracs so I'm used to playing bad guys.
>>
File: 1254470417059.png (19KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1254470417059.png
19KB, 320x200px
>>50500766

Thusly, I have 28 SP available.
-Spend 6 SP to increase Scrounge from +2 to +3 (the difference between 12 and 6)
-Spend 9 SP to increase Leadership from +1 to +3
-Spend 6 SP to increase Administration from +2 to +3
-Spend 6 SP to increase Pilot/Mech from +2 to +3
-Spend 1 SP to purchase Interest/Fashion at +0

NOW character creation is essentially done (aside from gear and so forth). My final PC sheet should look a lot like this:

>ATTRIBUTES
28 years old.
STR-4
BOD-5
DEX-7
RFL-7
INT-7
WILL-5
CHA-7
EDG-4
SOC-4

>TRAITS
Attractive
Brave
Combat Sense
Commission (Promotion 3; CPT)
Contact 2 (FedSuns)
Fast Learner
Good Reputation
Nat. Apt./Strategy
Wealth 3
Well-equipped 4
Vehicle 6 (Hvy Mech)
Addiction (
Enemy 1 (
Quirk/St. Ives Loyalist
Stigma/Go-to Man (for Illegal goods)
Stigma/2nd-rate Academy (Filtvelt)

>SKILLS
-Admin, Leadership, Gun/Mech, Pilot/Mech, Scrounge, Strategy, Tactics/Mech ALL at +3
-Appraisal, Interest/Chinese Music, Interest/Fashion, Language/English, Language/Mandarin ALL at +0
-ALL other skills which I possess at +1

Clear as mud? It'll take ~45-60 minutes your first time. However, I can get through in ~15 minutes these days, and be all set to die 10 minutes into the campaign as a result of a series of poorly-thought-through decisions.

>pic related
>>
>>50500765
I can't even tolerate odd numbers of ice cubes in my drinks, man. I know my OCD's limits, but what about the mechs?
>>
>>50500704
Nice. I'm loving that commando big time!
While I'm a PPC whore and it's probably better, no auto cannon on the enforcer kinda hurts, what would you use in DA to make up for it? The thud is clearly a thud, my hat is off to you.
I want to say there is a Lao Hu like that in canon, or I dreamed there was. As always beemer is love beemer is life. The Atlas well laid out, and 2 rear medx pulsies that's a hell of a wallop for back stabbers!
>>
>>50500812
I confess I have some of the same problem. Growing up playing games like M1 Tank Platoon, I always associated a platoon with 4 units. Battletech's lances reinforced that in me. When I watch a lot of shows (anime and otherwise) and they group good guys in threes, it irritates me to no end.
>>
>>50500730
>WTF? I love palladium now.
>That company sounds familiar, what products do they offer?

The reason Palladium was brought up is because the owner is an open and unabashed racist, sexist, and authoritarian who has outright said that the Nazis were the most correct civilization in human history and it's what we should all strive to be until there's only white people left on earth. Not as a parody or as a reducto ad absurdum, either. The "heroes" of Rifts (I can't remember the name; it's basically the Star Wars Empire crossed with Nazis) are the way they are because Siembedia believes they (an Empire run exclusively by white males) are heroic for murdering everybody and everything different than they are.

Therefore, Ray (assuming it was actually Ray, although that sure sounded like his attitude) was saying that if you want to find a game sympathetic to those views, Palladium's offerings would be better, since their game settings outright glorify the "white people uber alles" attitude.

THE COALITION! That was who they are!
>>
>>50500908
>falling for this twice...
>>
File: Enforcer 5F.png (41KB, 653x927px) Image search: [Google]
Enforcer 5F.png
41KB, 653x927px
>>50500830
The Enforcer is the way it is because I based it off my "scout" configuration, the -5F, based off the -5D. Because the AFFC didn't really have good scouts for the Clan years.
>>
>>50500812
I was the requester, and I do like them. Only I'm a huge missile whore, so I kind of wish you had kept missiles on the com. Great otherwise!
>>
Do the Taurians or Canopians (pre-Trinity Alliance) have a "style" to their mech variants, or any perceived styles you think they could have?

I want to work on some TDF/MAF variants of mechs.

Not really related to that new game. Just find the periphery interesting.
>>
>>50501042
>Canopians (pre-Trinity Alliance)
Bugs and Shads.
>>
File: COM-51A.png (37KB, 807x867px) Image search: [Google]
COM-51A.png
37KB, 807x867px
>>50500983
I've posted this before, but it's my Jihad/DA take on the COM-1A. One other option that I've fiddled with is mounting a pair of MVSPLs or an LVSPL on a Commando, but I can never wedge enough missiles onto the poor bastard for it to feel like a COM. At least, not without abusing RLs..
>>
>>50501042
>Taurians
Rocket Launchers for days. As stated in last thread, the Locust-1V2 and Archer-6W are good examples of their custom rides. Check the Toro and Talos for homegrown designs. Note that if the Rocket Launcher had existed when they wrote the Toro and Talos, I feel like one of them would have carried RLs (probably the Talos, as backup point-blank weapons).
>>
File: my nigga.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>50501549
>someone else likes the COM-1A
>pic related
>>
File: Commando 9G and 9Ga.png (84KB, 1329x901px) Image search: [Google]
Commando 9G and 9Ga.png
84KB, 1329x901px
>>50500983
I regret nothing, even if it falls for the mixtech meme.
>>
>>50500930

Kevin Siembedia did actually write a Rifter article in defense of the Coalition where he mentioned that he admires them and thinks they have the style of culture best suited to survival. So I don't think anon is actually falling for something when it comes to Palladium.

Siembedia is insane, though. So there's that.
>>
>>50501042
There weren't really any canon variants for those places, but if I were to come up with styles, I'd say that they'd both like increased survivability, a bit like the suns variants did, the taurians seem to like PPCs and are utterly fearless of heat, while I imagine the magistracy would have a thing for cramming as much firepower as they can into light and medium mechs. I could also see them maybe liking AC/20s as assault-killers. Both would almost certainly turn pretty much all of their assaults into straight flashbulbs.
By the early 50s they've got DHS, and the TC has FF (they technically don't have CASE until 64 because no reason, but they should, there's no logical reason either of them not to), so I would imagine most of their 50s pre-sheng stuff would be very basic DHS+CASE stuff
>>
>>50501915
Yeah I agree with the strange way tech is sometimes handed out to factions. Like the FWL not getting the LFE at the same time WoB did. Not because WoB loves the League, but because they'd logically upgrade the League's factories to build their own variants.
>>
>>50502197
I honestly think it was an oversight, probably just copypasta on The Great Tech Retcon Chart, because quite literally everyone else actually got CASE *before* FF, which makes complete sense, because CASE is the most logical use for small batches of FF before it goes into full-scale production
>>
>>50501563

RLs are the Marian standard. The Locust 1V2 is a Marian/Pirate only until 3086, when Mercs also get it. The Archer-6W is Periphery General.

The designs the Taurians actually build or modify usually centre around one or two long-range weapon types and then have a close-range array, like the Marauder, Thunderbolt, and so on.

>>50502197

OTOH, at that stage the WoB is settled on Terra with a growing Protectorate, they're less dependant on Gibson, and Thomas Marik is going off-script. All good reasons to try and hold onto a technological advantage, even if just as leverage for a better deal.
>>
>>50500955
That's a great build and looks like fun, would work well as a beefy scout.

Hate to still beg but for DA what would be most fitting replacement ballistic for a AC10?

Honestly I think the PPC is a better gun for it but kinda loses a touch of the flavor.
>>
>>50502816
>OTOH, at that stage the WoB is settled on Terra with a growing Protectorate, they're less dependant on Gibson, and Thomas Marik is going off-script. All good reasons to try and hold onto a technological advantage, even if just as leverage for a better deal.

Good point. I just assumed they always meant to also grab the League's so why not upgrade them in advance? But what you said makes sense.
>>
I've been toying with the idea of running and IRC campaign using A Time of War where the PCs are mercenaries.

What's a good era to set the game in?

I'm leaning towards either 3025-3039 or dark age due to the scarcity of mechs making a lance of PCs worth more than garrison duty against pirates.

On the other hand, I could expand the scope and have PCs (I haven't gotten around to recruiting any yet) pick the time period, and have them be the command lance of a mercenary unit, with another lance or two worth of support. Of course that slows down combat, any creates more paperwork for both me and the players.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Enforcer 5Ga.png (38KB, 662x878px) Image search: [Google]
Enforcer 5Ga.png
38KB, 662x878px
>>50502953
Possibly this. Now it can (somewhat) cheaply anchor secondline units with a Gauss Rifle.
>>
>>50503048
Ah ok, I am a bit behind wasn't sure if there was any new bang bangs in the DA. It's a great mech for a gauss and ERLL while running about. Thank you much!
>>
>>50503076
Well you could always mixtech for a Clan RAC or a HAG, but no new ballistics came out with the DA.
>>
>>50503042

Another good location and era might be the Chaos March in the late 3050s. Small units there were used to guard planets or contest governmental authority.

Which one I'd go for would be determined by how well they (and you) know the board game rules, really. If they're already familiar with BT, eras where tech is more advanced will be easier to run. If they're new to BT then the 3025-3039 era is probably better since it will make it easier to get to grips with the combat rules.
>>
>>50503094
I never thought a HAG... I'm going to do that tonight and see how it comes out.
>>
>>50503106
Rip in capella tikonov republic
>>
>>50503140
From the 5Ga I posted, you could strip off the GR and replace it with a HAG 30 and have 4 tons of ammo.
>>
>All these HSB apologists who range from defending this to being gleeful about the lack of white people on the kickstarter.
>>
>>50503239
This is an imageboard. Either post some screencaps or fuck off.
>>
>>50503274
>CURRENT CENTURY INTENSIFIES
>>
File: CURRENT FUCKING CENTURY.png (11KB, 697x113px) Image search: [Google]
CURRENT FUCKING CENTURY.png
11KB, 697x113px
>>50503328
Shit, the image got stripped.
>>
File: Tiny Tina.png (19KB, 683x253px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny Tina.png
19KB, 683x253px
>>50503342
Or this bizarre person who has no taste.
>>
>>50499487
what did he mean by this

>>50499757
because when you go too far you lose money. Boil the water slowly so the frogs don't jump.

>>50499778
Then you must be one, because their antics are omnipresent.

>>50499908
At this point it would be more unusual to have a right side and a wrong side.

I'm getting tired of moral relativism.

>>50500066
he deleted the posts yesterday, they were made before that.
>>
>tfw self-hating whites are invading BT

Did playing the Cappies and Dracs give you Stockholm syndrome?
>>
>>50503328
>>50503239
>>>/v/

The only real bad things about the game are lack of mod support and focus on grognardism
>>
>>50503658
What if i play fwl?

Because you know pirple birb stribk
>>
>>50503975
I dunno, do you still hate yourself for your ethnicity and fetishize other races?
>>
>>50503999
There's nothing wrong with weebs compared to SJWs.
>>
>>50500678
>>50500695
>>50500727
>>50500740
>>50500766
>>50500807

Hey, thank you. That actually helps a lot. I didn't really realize how important edge is to the process.

And it's nice to read something besides the constant shitposting about the kickstarter.
>>
>>50504156
In between the shitposts there's also actual concern and criticism about the development of the beta because this will be THE battletech game on the pc for the next decade, and I don't want there to be another decade where nothing happened in that regard (2002-2012).

It's why I think modding tools would be very important to keep the game going past just some skirmish action once everyone has exhausted the SP campaign.
>>
Random design challenge for anyone interested, and because I'm curious:

Design a Jumping "-S" variant for any non-jumping IS/Clan Omni of your choice that doesn't have it yet.
>>
>>50503999
I hate other asians yeah but old world asians are legit annoying. Most of the girls i end up dating are polish for some reason, though i did hook up with a cuban once
>>
File: Vulture.png (84KB, 888x2144px) Image search: [Google]
Vulture.png
84KB, 888x2144px
>>50504552
>>
Maybe Randall is finally quitting it all.
>>
>tfw you're a white person who is a fan of the Taurian Concordat and would like to have seen another MechCommander game or something set in 3145
>see all the complaints about the HBS game

Anyone else just... not care? Like not think this is worth getting worked up over? Maybe the game will be good. Even if it isn't, what does it matter if characters are brown or the Concordat are backing the "bad" side? Doesn't change the tabletop game.

And honestly I'd like to try a turn based BT computer game. I don't see what getting annoyed will accomplish.
>>
So I just thought of something, with retrotech being a thing I have a little head cannon going on perhaps someone wants to play with.

A lonely manufacturing planet is setup to build all the sweet new gizmos out there, but due to some well less than stellar track ratings with shipments getting "lost" They have no rights or ability to build/buy any weapons. Everything else is on the table. So they can dig in the old parts bin (introtech) and slap that stuff on the most jazzed up chassis. What kinda stuff could we see being made? I'm thinking a Vulpes with just piles of large lasers or something TSM on a bone stock Centurion etc.
>>
>>50505237
I feel mostly the same. If the game play is good, then community modders can fix any these graphics issues people are up in arms about. If the game sucks, the tabletop is unaffected.
Didn't HBS say that they would have a scenario generator? That will solve most of the issues people are whining about.
>>
>>50505237
My brother of another iron womb
>>
>>50505237
I'm in the same boat as you. Only thing I'm annoyed about is no mod tools
>>
>>50505237

Regardless of your position on the HBS game, they have given /btg/ a precious gift. Something new and original (in these threads) to bitch about. This sort of thing doesn't come along every day, mainly because CGL's release schedule wouldn't handle any sort of release every day...probably including their own bodily waste.
>>
>>50505388
>Didn't HBS say that they would have a scenario generator?
No, they said they wouldn't. You will get randomly generated missions for single player,.not exactly the same thing
>>
>>50505701
Just checked the kickstarter, and you are right. At least they are keeping the files non obfuscated, so someone with the knowledge base might be able to hack something together
>>
>>50505936
I don't get why they can't do the minimum MechCommander was able to do and have an editor.

It's weird and annoying how newer games come out with even less content than their predecessors.
>>
>>50506157

They're using art assets licensed from another company and MS are well known for being dicks with IP they own.

It's possible that HBS just can't be fucked. It's also possible that either PGI or MS made their permissions contingent on a very strict set of usage conditions and among them was preventing anyone from making their own product, whether it's for free or otherwise.
>>
I know that there's a chart for efficient use of reinforced internals out there. Can someone repost it?
>>
>>50505237

No mod tools sucks, but I'm just glad I don't have to hold true to things I have uttered in the past and give my left nut for a modern Battletech game.
>>
What are your favorite Clan mechs in terms of pure asskicking potential, other than the Hellstar?
>>
>>50506839

you ain't using it anyways, give it up
>>
>>50506556
>They're using art assets licensed from another company

You realize you can download MWO and rip any and all of the models because cryengine makes that easy? That's how people are 3d printing their own mechs. So what exactly is there to protect?

Games like Crusader Kings 2 and the Total War series have and continue to sell (despite their age) mostly because there's a big modding community behind them.

>It's possible that HBS just can't be fucked

Except they released modding tools for their shadowrun games.
>>
>>50500065
where's the image from?
>>
>>50500123
is it in the mediafire folders?
I only see fallout in the comics section
>>
>>50507176

Unfortunately, it's not (at least not in my folders). I'll try and find a copy to upload, but I make no promises.
>>
>>50506840
Turkina Z, a mech so min maxed OP they said look.. don't use this, seriously.
>>
>>50506840
Blood kite. I think someone once called it the Stalker IIC which I might agree with. Ugly as sin, but definitely a great mech. It's a shame that the Blood Kite doesn't really exist any more since the home worlds don't have any relevance right now and the only faction that has access to them is IIRC the Stone Lions.
>>
>>50506840
Marauder IIC. It's all around a very solid design and three headcap weapons is great
>>
>>50506840
I like the Supernova. I just wish it wasn't so ugly in miniature form.
>>
>>50505388
I'm gonna MOD it to give everyone SS uniforms.

Just to piss everybody off.
>>
>>50508189
Mad IIC only has two cappers.
>>
File: ohsnap.jpg (145KB, 700x754px) Image search: [Google]
ohsnap.jpg
145KB, 700x754px
>>50508243

heil /btg/
>>
>>50508261
You're thinking the Marauder II-C, not the Marauder IIC.

>>50507890
Needs more bracketing
>>
>>50508268
heil myself
heil to me
>>
Re: IRC discussion -
What changes would you have made to LGRs before they were introduced to prevent them from being the meme weapons they are?
>>
File: Negress.jpg (12KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
Negress.jpg
12KB, 200x251px
>>50508268
NEW INFORMATION!

At the end of the game you get to meet Melissa Steiner.

<------------------------------- Here she is
>>
>>50508293
10 damage, but a ton or two heavier.
>>
>>50508293
9 damage instead of 8, no minimum range, 12 shots per ton instead of 16.
>>
>>50508293

As a weapon I think they're actually fine.

The problem is less with the performance of it than it is the way they were slapped randomly onto a bunch of designs that really weren't set up to effectively use it.

So those designs got a bad name, and the LGR bore the brunt of it since the whole point of them was to showcase the new tech. There;s even refits that remove full-on GRs and then shit the bed completely with the tonnage gained back, so you sacrifice damage and get nothing in return.

Designs that are set up to use them properly like the Vanquisher are pretty good. Those don't start showing up until the mid to late 3060 in-character, and not for several years after the abysmal debut of the weapon IRL.

Granted I would say they're probably better on the Aero side of things because they're the hardest-hitting IS weapon that can make Extreme range and 8 damage is enough to cause Threshold hits on a lot of fighters.
>>
>>50508690
Eh, they have a rough time competing vs ERPPCs and actual GRs, given their weight and size.
>>
>>50508779

Everything that's not a Devastator, Nightstar, Pillager, or Thunderhawk has trouble fighting a Devastator, Nightstar, Pillager, or Thunderhawk.

At least the LGR has some interesting interactions with its range bands.
>>
Cerberus or devastator, and why?
>>
>>50509154
Devastator is better, but as a FWL-fag, Cerberus.
>>
>>50509154

Devastator is so much better it's not even funny.

The Cerberus' armour would be acceptable on a 60-tonner. Too bad it weighs 95 tons.
>>
>>50509154
The Dev is nowhere even close to a good comparison.
Perhaps the Gunslinger would be an okay alternative to the Cerb?
>>
>>50509295

I'd expect a Gunslinger to beat the Cerberus more often than not.

The Cerberus has 11 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armour, along with the CT Machine Gun ammo bomb.

Long-range firepower is equal due to the twin GRs, but the Gunslinger has more range with its standard MLs and much better armour, especially on the arms and legs.

2 GR shots to a Cerberus' leg and it's internal. The Gunslinger still has armour remaining.

The Gunslinger still does some dumb shit like the two JJs and the paired rear-facing MPLs but at least it packed on near-max armour and didn't mount extraneous heat sinks. Or a CT bomb.
>>
>>50509207
The FWL doesn't make the Cerberus. Its only factory is in the DC.
>>
>>50509434

Dracs exported it to them pretty heavily because even they could see how bad a lemon it was and the FWL even had its own variant.
>>
>>50507091
>>50507176
Yeah I checked the files and damn, it's not there. So here, bud:
8604 - The Spider and the Wolf
https://www.mediafire.com/?3d9brfrkj9vnhka
Tell me if mediafire biffs it and busts the link or anything.
>>
>>50509839
If there is anything else missing let me know.
>>
>>50508892
>all 4 of them are on the same TRO
what were they thinking?
>>
>>50508312
>dracs fall for the old monkey in a wig trick again. More news at 9
>>
What's with the racist shit btg?
>>
>>50511121
I dunno, why DO people want to shit on pale skinned people for no apparent reason?
>>
>>50511298
People are always looking for someone or some group to dump their poor life choices on. People suck. Robits forever.
>>
Is it just me or does it seem that the later you go in the years, the mechs get more optimized for TT play?

3025 designs are a clusterfuck with a weapon for every range band and everything has a machine gun to deal with infantry that exist more in lore than on the tabletop.

Would you guys agree?
>>
>>50511488
Of course.

3025 Battletech is about allowing the creators and people like them to play around with the robots from their favorite shows under some sort of unified rule-set.
>>
>>50511298
>no reason
>what is the holocaust, the middle passage, the crusades, colonialism, genocide in the Americas, Jim Crow, apartheid, slavery, etc etc
Just stop
>>
>>50511610
I get why blacks might hate whites, but I will never understand why so many white people hate themselves

t. Asian
>>
>>50511610
>Implying that anyone around now is in any way responsible for those events or deserves blame for them
Take your identity politics elsewhere.
>>
>>50511610
Slavery is not a pale person thing. It's a universal constant that has existed since humans left a tribal existence.

People only talk about slavery in north america, as if that was the only mass slavery to occur in the past 500 years. Nobody talks about middle eastern slavers who captured, castrated, and enslaved Africans in just as many numbers as the Portuguese and the rest of the triangle trade did. Nobody talks about how there are real life slaves existing today in south and east asia or the middle east today.
>>
>>50511298
>create a bunch of brown characters for a game
>somehow that means they hate white people

Of all the boards I would expect /tg/ being the least butt hurt about characters being something they don't are. They are just NPCs, for fuck's sake
>>
>>50511610
And this makes it ok to hate Scandinavians becauseeee?
>>
>>50512203
This. Historically every single stone age culture that never advanced after the actual stone age was over got supremely fucked by more advanced ones. This goes for all colors and continents.

>since humans left a tribal existence.
Before that really. Tribes had slaves because that's was what you did with prisoners of war historically if you didn't kill them. That continued right up into the modern era.
>>
>>50511610
White people ended slavery and enforced this on the oh so oppressed pocs
>>
>>50512437
>Before that really.

Nah, if you go back 50 thousand years, humans didn't run around keeping slaves because there wasn't any real reason to, they acted like a group of gorillas, or pride of lions.

If a young powerful lion comes in and fights and kills the leader of another pride, he then kills all the children of that previous leader, and then claims the females of the pride for himself. They aren't treated as slaves, they are treated as every female of any pride is.
>>
>>50512521
Dude, homo sapiens sapiens is 45kya. That's full on regular modern man in every way that matters. Really, you're butting up against the issue of defining slaves too. Because in a lot of societies women were considered property at that time, and slaves are also property. Then a war bride becomes a matter of semantics.

But regardless of that, a ton of stone age level societies that survived into the last couple of millenniums, especially isolated island and american tribes, still had regular old work slaves, indicating that practice is at minimum 30kya.
>>
>>50512581
>indicating that practice is at minimum 30kya.

See, and I disagree with that premise. I think there was no reason to have slaves in a semi-nomadic hunter/gatherer society. In fact, the less people there are in an area, the less competition for food for your tribe.

Once people started settling lands more permanently, and domesticating animals and doing agriculture (roughly 15 to 10 thousand years), then sure. There was certainly reason to have slaves because you could actually create surpluses of food with them, but you can't really call those societies tribal anymore.
>>
>>50512651
The reason your argument falls apart is that the exact kind of semi-nomadic hunter/gatherer societies you're talking about DID survive into the period of recorded history without external interference and had slaves.

And you can call agricultural groups tribal. Tribe refers to a small ethnic group, not a manner of living. The Pueblo are a tribe and were farmers. So were the Choctaw, the Cherokee, etc. ect. Hunter/Gatherer refers to mode of life.
>>
File: angry victor St James.jpg (203KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
angry victor St James.jpg
203KB, 800x680px
Can we just talk about mechs please.
>>
>>50512717
Slavery, lust for power and human history are part of battletech, aren't they?

I mean, it's the fuel which all the conflicts in the setting run on after all.
>>
>>50512700
>And you can call agricultural groups tribal.
Very well, I take your point.

>semi-nomadic hunter/gatherer societies had slaves
For what purpose exactly? If you have a slave that is a capable hunter (and can feed more than himself) then you've created a dangerous slave, as well as one who can easily leave because they don't need to rely on anyone else.

If you have a slave who can't feed himself and thus requires someone else to acquire food for them, then you have a liability.

>>50512717
Fine, I'll stop.
>>
Diversity for the sake of diversity is pretty whack.

Its kinda cool they could play up some of the minorities within each of the big factions but i dont see it going anywhere.

Ignoring the 'white' people of outer space it just seems like they are ignoring canon, and just trying to be 'inclusive' while excluding at the same time.

>>50512717
yeah, mechs are more important then the drivers.
>>
>>50512793
Life is cheap. Mechs aren't.
>>
File: BlackthorneBT3.jpg (207KB, 716x1011px) Image search: [Google]
BlackthorneBT3.jpg
207KB, 716x1011px
>>50511360
That is a beautiful pic.

>>50509895
Blackthorne Comic (pic related)
BattleForce Comic
AeroTech 2 Revised
MW2e Sun Zhang color plates
Map Sets 2 and 6 (?)
Map Pack: Solaris VII (its more than maps)
AToW GM Screen (?)
all three Hexpacks
Operation Higashikuni (?)
all BattleCorp fiction after a certain date
all the BattleCorp members-only "MilSpec" and other articles
...XTROs 12, 18, 20, 22, 23 and 24 haven't actually been published yet, right?
...have Turning Points 1 or 5 been published? (And what happened with TP 608 through 619?)
...Touring the Stars 213?
...Got any MechForce or Stardate magazines?
>>
>>50512822
Mechs are pretty cheap in 32nd century in comparison to previous eras
>>
>>50512717
I'm a little down by all this too.
>>
>>50512960
Let me see what I've got. It'll take a while as I have to go through three archives.
>>
Is there a simpler ruleset for handling aerospace fighters in ground battles?
>>
>>50512960
I searched through four old archives, and thought I had some of this, but unfortunately I only had one thing:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ivqhzog2wyoegxo/Battletech_35011_-_Aerotech_2_Revised.pdf
My internet speed and connection has been piss today, so let me know if the file is okay. It downloaded fine for me.
>>
>>50513940

Simpler than what? Which ruleset are you using now so we have a point of comparison?
>>
>>50514332
Hey NEA, I've got a short aerospace question.
Assuming that ASFs have been nerfed, how do the various Assault DropShips stand up against SL-era corvettes?
>>
>>50510284

>what were they thinking?

FedCom Uber Alles.

They literally built all of them, the Suns put the Pillager into production on Kathil at the GM plant but discontinued it after the FCCW.

That shit needed to be spread around a lot better.

>>50511488

Generally speaking yes but certain factions leap out in front in that regard.

>>50513940

AeroTech 2 had a more abstract system where they'd fly off and come back for passes based on their movement speed.

>>50514457

The SL era only has the Achilles and Fury. A Vincent is going to turn them into metal confetti with ease.

PWSes, either the missile boats or ones with Sub-Capital weapons, are a much better proposition but the results depend on which DS you're talking about. The missile ones can just nuke the Vincent, the others might need to go in squadrons to win. A Castrum can either nuke the Vincent or paste it with its SCC bays.
>>
>>50514887

>Fury

Derp. I wsaq thinking of the Avenger and that post-dates the SL any way.

I also forgot about the Pentagon but its fluff vastly over-states the threat it poses.

That'll learn me for posting before I eat breakfast and have coffee.

I assume the SL would have had more dedicated combat vessels but we don't really know about any other than the Achilles or Pentagon. Some other ships are listed as Assault vessels like the Intruder, but I really don't see those as actually viable in the role.
>>
>>50514457
>>50514457

It largely depends on the nature of the nerf, to be honest. If it's something like "standard scale weapons can't hurt DropShips unless they do 10+ damage" then PWSs suddenly become useful. But without the specific nerfs, I couldn't really speculate.
>>
>SSW/MML use Java
>phone runs java
Has anyone tried using any of that stuff on their phones?
>>
>>50515263
Oh, yeah. Should have specified, your suggested damage threshold one and the one with capital weapons hitting the weakest side of a fighter automatically. I tried them in a straight fighters VS vincent game on the table and it worked pretty well
>>
>>50512960
hexpacks 2&3:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3o59kirzzz6znac/BattleTech_Hexpacks.7z

also introbox stuff:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l22yrlkk9buzuzl/BattleTech_Intro_Box_Set.7z
>>
>>50515359

No worries. I completely misread your question.

I have to go write my German Longsword class for tomorrow, and then I'll get back to this, b/c I think it's some interesting speculation. Assuming nobody else answers it first.

With that said, most of >>50514887's points are correct to start with. If just guns are in play, even a Vincent can smash a single PWS. If nukes are in play, the later-period missile-armed PWSs will kill the corvette every time. I'm less convinced that a Castrum can get a guaranteed kill on the Vincent, only because the Vincent is actually faster than the Castrum and can hold the range advantage (staying in the Castrum's Extreme Range while being in its own Long Range); the Castrums SCCs are using standard-scale range and the Vincent's NAC/10s and `Cudas use capital-scale range. In theory, the Castrum cannot force an action against an opponent who outranges, outspeeds, and outfuels it.
>>
>>50515511

Oh, wait. I completely forgot the Castrum has a ton of AR-10s. "Never mind" on that entire analysis there.
>>
File: concept-roughneck-special.png (1024KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
concept-roughneck-special.png
1024KB, 1000x1000px
HEY NERDS

HOW ABOUT A MECH

THAT NEVER EXISTED

THIS IS YOUR CANON NOW
>>
File: 1480485898908.gif (3MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1480485898908.gif
3MB, 448x252px
>>50515590
>>
>>50515590
9/10 would pilot assuming actual Battlemech not industrial.
>>
>>50515678
Looks like it's converted.
>>
>>50515590
ohhhh fuck no.
>>
ENJOY NEW PIECE OF LORE BTW

NERDS

https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/12/1672-roughneck-lore-blueprint
>>
>>50515693
I agree. It looks like a combination industrial mech with a possible Shad.
>>
>>50515693
the hands do make me think industrial but it's still cool. i could picture it like some deep periphery power's first Battlemech and the hands were kept simple.
>>
>>50515590
because they couldn't have just used the hunchback. No, we needed an entirely different humanoid bipedal mech with a ballistic weapon in an asymmetrical shoulder mount.
>>
>>50515760
gotta fill the 65 ton slot somehow
>>
>>50515760
wait...hol up... you be sayin......Hollander?
>>
>>50515782
we coulda gotten the Crud
>>
>>50515822
We could have gotten the Cestus
>>
>>50515782
already have the Jagermech and Thunderbolt, there's the Axeman if they want to add something, and 65t is kinda awkward anyway, why make another?
>>
>>50515782
Crusader, Axman, Tempest, Bombardier and Exterminator, just for stuff that could probably be around in 3053-4. Not a shitty industrial derived thing.
>>
What's the lightest thing you can strap an AC10 to? Or What's the lightest thing with an AC10 (any sort be it ultra plain jane or LBX)
>>
>>50515701
>More SJW trash
>>
>>50515859
it was only a matter of time before piggy decided to add custom units.
>>
>>50515882
The stock Urbie has an AC/10, and it's 30 tons. I don't remember anything lighter than that.
>>
>>50515782
Nigger the 65 ton slot is one of the most saturated slots in MWO.

There's the Catapult, Thunderbolt, Jagermech, Ebon Jaguar, Hellbringer.

Then there could have been the Crusader, but instead we get this thing. It's the not-crusader, does everything a Crusader would do, but looks like one of flyingdebris throwaway concepts for some shitty mobile phone game.
>>
>>50515882
You can technically put an ac/10 on something as light as 20 tons but it's not doing to have any armor or speed. just look at the urbanmech
>>
I'm sorry I shoulda mentioned not an urbie. Urbie is love Urbie is life but I was thinking a blitzkrieg scaled down idea. How stupid is it?
>>
>>50515532

The Vincent's only extreme-range weapons are a pair of Barracudas, and the Castrum can cover all approaches with 5 AMS, so even if the Vincent hits only one Barracuda will get through.

Other than that it needs to come into Long-C range to use its NAC/10s, and its best-case scenario is getting the Fore-Side and Broadside onto the Castrum at the same time. Both are mounted in single bays and the Castrum has 100 capital armour on its weakest facing.

Meanwhile the Castrum can spam 12 damage out of each of its two Nose Light SCC bays at Long-C range, and can bracket with those if it wants to. If the battle comes close it can turn side-on and direct-fire the 8 AR-10 launchers per side arc, the 20-damage max bracketing Medium SCC bay, and the paired iHGR bays that hit for 13 capital damage. And the Vincen't best armour is 19 points.

The Castrum can be into the Vincent's SI within a single turn. The Vincent needs 5+ to do the same to the Castrum.

Castrums can pretty much bitch slap any of the canon Corvettes and some Destroyers solo. In squadrons, especially with Naval C3 kicking in, they're a threat to even the largest vessels.
>>
File: shovel & hoe.jpg (261KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
shovel & hoe.jpg
261KB, 640x640px
>>50515701
>>50515889
>Despite a brilliant legacy of female MechWarriors—the Black Widow…duh!—too many men still seemed to think the domain belonged to them.

I mean... just why? I don't recall anyone but the oldschool Dracs holding an attitude like that. At all. All the other factions simply take female MechWarriors for granted, and no one in the fiction ever belittles the idea of female MechWarriors.

Who is behind this drivel?
>>
File: Freud.jpg (34KB, 420x392px) Image search: [Google]
Freud.jpg
34KB, 420x392px
On a side note, for anyone who gets into GM'ing games, never underestimate the shenanigans your players will get up to, especially while they're drinking. Case in point, I made a "your mom" joke to one of my players, who then promptly began rolling up his mother as an NPC using AToW life modules.
>>
>>50515308
I tried a while ago and it didn't work for some reason, but who knows now.
>>
File: Gunmech.png (37KB, 656x846px) Image search: [Google]
Gunmech.png
37KB, 656x846px
>>50515944
Honestly, the Blitzkrieg is the lightest you could probably do it and still have something that isn't pointlessly expensive. Pic related of course is the end result.
>>
>>50515701

Fucking hell.

Randall writes these, doesn't he?
>>
>>50515359
>the one with capital weapons hitting the weakest side of a fighter automatically.

I'm sorry but that just sounds retarded. Better be a realll good justification for that one.
>>
>>50515882
Best I could do under the circumstances. No way I am going lighter.
>>
File: 1464872504239.jpg (63KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1464872504239.jpg
63KB, 500x322px
>>50516004
I will never understand how the Blitzkrieg is a sound concept in the eyes of its creators, but then I don't need to ride it, just command it
>>
>>50516004
That's kinda what I was guessing but just a random idea popped in my head of something like it scaled down. My word 40 damage outta 40 tons. I love it.
>>
>>50515959

Question for the uninitiated: how does any of that cancel out the other points he brought up regarding speed and fuel? Looking at Sarna, a castrum has a 3/5 move with 1000 tons of fuel, while the Vincent has a 4/6 move with 5000 tons of fuel. How is the Castrum supposed to force the Vincent to actually fight?

> In squadrons, especially with Naval C3 kicking in, they're a threat to even the largest vessels.

The original question was very clearly intended to be 1 on 1. This is just a complete non sequitur.

Side, side question: isn't the Castrum deliberately designed to obsolete all small and medium-sized warships to begin with, since the ROTS doesn't have any? Why would it even come up in a discussion about whether it can beat ship classes 500 years older and which it's explicitly supposed to obsolete? shouldn't this discussion only be about SL-era PWS's like the Achilles or Pentagon?
>>
>>50516044
That's too much fun. I really want to play with it just because. Thanks!
>>
>>50515965
>I don't recall anyone but the oldschool Dracs holding an attitude like that. At all.
I think there was like one retarded lyran social general in a book somewhere who was also like that, but yeah, really. sexism IN SPACE seems to be entirely the domain of the BDS and to a lesser extant the MoC
>>50516022
IIRC, I was in the thread where it was suggested, and the suggested nerf was that capital weapons hit EVERY location on a fighter, so in effect only the weakest one matters, which is not QUITE the same thing, but similar enough that I could see the guy getting confused
>>
>>50515965
>Who is behind this drivel?

No joke, Randall actually is the one who writes the Mech fluff for MWO. That's why things like the Rifleman II are canon for Battletech. So yea, this actually is Randall, (perhaps) unlike the SJW BS-ery yesterday.
>>
>>50515965
>I don't recall anyone but the oldschool Dracs holding an attitude like that

And even the old school DCMS wasn't all that "stay in the kitchen". Look at the old Kurita handbook and go down the names of regimental commanders and other DCMS officers, and you'll find a fair few women in the list.
>>
>>50516049

A single Blitzkreig is meh. Multiple Blitzkreigs are amazing.

I quote NEA (this is like one of 5 things' I've ever bothered to write down from tg)

>The more UAC/20 Blitzkreigs you run at one time, the more fun your game will be. This is irrefutable scientific fact. It is theorized that if the Demo Team were to ever populate one side of a canon event table entirely with Blitzkriegs, at least one person would spontaneously combust from having fun so hard.
>>
>>50515965
Randall "peg me harder" Bills
>>
>>50515308
It won't work on android. Androids use a different version of java than windows/mac
>>
File: lol.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>50516122
>>
>>50515701
Purely from a writing standpoint, this is really bad. My high school English students write better stuff.
>>
>>50516077

>how does any of that cancel out the other points he brought up regarding speed and fuel?

In space there are no movement mods, and both Light SCCs and NAC/10s have the same ranges.

On the ground a 3/5 mover is arguably at a disadvantage to a 3/6 mover if both are jousting with Gauss Rifles. But here there's no TMM, there's no terrain, and the slower unit has five times the armour of the faster one. The Vincent also effectively always loses initiative since it has to move first as a WarShip.

In terms of fuel the Castrum has 1,000 tons or 10,000 points to the Vincent's 2,000 tons or 5,000 points so it beats it for endurance any way.

>How is the Castrum supposed to force the Vincent to actually fight?

If the Vincent isn't going to fight it cedes the battle to the Castrum by either not engaging what the Castrum is defending or being run off of whatever the Castrum wants to attack. The Castrum also carries more integral fighters than the Vincent, which has no DS collars to bring more. If it really comes down to it the Castrum can just drop some ASFs and let them kill the Vincent.

>isn't the Castrum deliberately designed to obsolete all small and medium-sized warships to begin with, since the ROTS doesn't have any?

I think they just let Jellico loose with instructions to build the most bullshit DS and WS he could come up with. It's possible to build things that are better, but not by much.

>shouldn't this discussion only be about SL-era PWS's like the Achilles or Pentagon?

I did answer that. PWSes are a sub-set of Assault vessels and in any case an actual WarShip will annihilate any of the known assault vessels of the era without even trying.

And then get splattered by ASF, but welcome to AeroTech, the game where 95-ton fighters are more terrifying than a McKenna.

>>50516022

ASF are total bullshit. Anything that makes them easier to kill is absolutely justified.
>>
>>50514332
I'm relying on Total Warfare, low altitude/ground map movement. I'm confused by the air-to-ground combat rules and the ground-to-air rules.
Do they just fly over the ground map in a straight line, as suggested by the attack run diagram, or are the capable of maneuvering like the low altitude rules state?
>>
File: facepalm.gif~c200.gif (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif~c200.gif
11KB, 200x200px
>>50515965
Exactly, the BT lore is already quite liberal at that and effortlessly so.

Why do they need to fucking hamfist this with a grace of an elephant in a porcelain store is beyond me.

Fucking hacks.
>>
>>50516357
>Why do they need to fucking hamfist this with a grace of an elephant in a porcelain store is beyond me.

Because some retards drank too much commie kool-aid and are now so engulfed in their wallowing in self-guilt about their skin colour and sex that they need to force it on others as well.
>>
>>50516092
>to a lesser extant the MoC
subtle
>>
>>50516424

While I agree the whole thing is fucking moronic, we also know CGL read these threads and the high muckety-mucks talk about what we say here.

If we don't want more of this bullshit rammed down our throats it might be wiser to just quietly fume.
>>
>>50516357
This is the writer's weird fantasy where they want to be dommed by a woman calling them a worthless piggy.
>>
File: Megatron.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>50515590
ASSEMBLE CONSTRUCTICONS
>>
>>50516467
CGL?
>>
>>50516467
So the nigger apologists at CGL are petty and spiteful little liberal arts majors?

It's a miracle this product is still even available on the market if such inept mongoloids are in charge of that company.
>>
>>50516491

Catalyst Game Labs. The people who make BT. Randall is the company head and BT line developer.
>>
>>50516467
>we also know CGL read these threads

SHUT DOWN THE HPG NOW. I HAVE POSTED SHAMEFUL THINGS ABOUT THE ARCHON KATRINA
>>
File: FemWarrior.png (467KB, 402x845px) Image search: [Google]
FemWarrior.png
467KB, 402x845px
>tfw the Patriarchy, not your 7/7 P/G, is why you're stuck in a shitty Bug rather than the company's new Highlander
>>
File: roughed up mechwarrior.png (862KB, 1261x879px) Image search: [Google]
roughed up mechwarrior.png
862KB, 1261x879px
>>50516610
git gud, git tab brand soda scrub
>>
File: Kyalla_Centrella_(age_44).jpg (195KB, 436x406px) Image search: [Google]
Kyalla_Centrella_(age_44).jpg
195KB, 436x406px
>>50516610
WE
>>
>>50516507
Don't say "nigger" even if some of them are nigger lovers.
>>
>>50516224
>both Light SCCs and NAC/10s have the same ranges.

I thought a Light SCC could reach out to long range (standard), which is 21 hexes. A NAC/10 reaches out to long range (capital), which is 33 hexes. With its higher movement, what's to stop the Vincent from sitting at 30 hexes for as long as it wants and bombarding the hell out of the Castrum?

>aside from all the AR-10s, obviously.

What about the other PWSs that aren't Castrums and which aren't just spamming nukes?
>>
>>50516653
>Centrellas trying to steal all the Hellenic names from the FWL
Yeah I mad

Can't they use African names for their shit?
>>
>>50516467
>it might be wiser to just quietly fume

Wouldn't it be wiser to show stuff from the oldest BT stuff that showed, for example, that nobody batted an eyelid when Lori Kalmar was conscripted as a 'Mech driver in the Oberon Confederation which wasn't exactly a land of liberty, or that hard as nails men ran the other way when Nasty K was coming, or about Maria Morgraine and her daughter were both leading a band of fucking pirates from the cockpit of their 'Mechs and nobody giving them lip for it, or how there were female officers leading even Drac regiments in 3025, or mercenary units like Vandelay's Valkyries that had its leadership passed from mother to daughter, or that other one that only recruited women?

I'm waiting for them to actually apologise for their Japanese grammar mistakes and not cite language drift and/or "just doing enough language checking to tell a story, if it's arse backwards too bad", or how 90% of Dracs seem to be something out of a WW2 US propaganda manual, and actually the Rasalhagians weren't repressed because they didn't buy into the "Japanese culture #1" stuff but because of... reasons?
>>
>>50516679
its all greek to me nigga
>>
File: ASF.png (66KB, 1496x1720px) Image search: [Google]
ASF.png
66KB, 1496x1720px
>>50516224

>3/6

4/6, oops.

Any way, here are some ASF that demonstrate the issues with fighting them.

The Granicus is about as good as you'll get in terms of combining range, firepower, speed, and armour. You can trade advantages in one or more of those away to get better at other things but really, this is an ASF that can tank twin NAC/30 bays or quad H-NPPC bays, moving at 5/8 thrust, and do more damage than a NAC/35 all by themselves.

The second is also bad, but not actually as bullshit as I could have made it. I could have put all that on a 95-ton airframe and given it 30.5 tons of Ferro-Fibrous Armour.

Most canon fighters don't go to *quite* those lengths, but given how shit most canon WarShips are they don't need to.

Stingrays are pretty common, not very optimised, and can still do 12 capital damage per turn while surviving hits from a NAC/30.

>quote myself
>try to correct my mistakes
>make worse mistakes
>jesus christ i did it a third time
>mfw>>50500065
>>
>>50516736
Anon, enough. You've fucked it up 3 times now. Give it up as a bad job.
>>
>>50516706
>apologise
>s
dumb frog
>>
>>50516663
What, I can't use the common terminology of my own people because some thin-skinned whitey will get hurt feelings?
>>
>>50516831
best drac samurai gtfo
>>
File: TacOps p 410.png (27KB, 552x192px) Image search: [Google]
TacOps p 410.png
27KB, 552x192px
>>50516667

>I thought a Light SCC could reach out to long range (standard), which is 21 hexes.

Nope. Those have Capital ranges, pic related.

It can do more damage than the Vincent with just its Nose arc, never mind the Side arcs or Bearings-Only Launches.

>With its higher movement, what's to stop the Vincent from sitting at 30 hexes for as long as it wants and bombarding the hell out of the Castrum?

The fact that the Castrum can hit for 24 damage at the same range, and needs to hit the same armour facing just two times to get to the Vincent's SI while the Vincent needs to hit the same arc at least 11 times between its NAC/10s to do the same.

>What about the other PWSs that aren't Castrums and which aren't just spamming nukes?

Those use their superior Thrust rating to crawl up the Vincent's ass where it has no capital weapons and then kill it that way.

Normal Assault ships like the Pentagon or Achilles (at least solo, in groups they're fine) just don't have the firepower to take a Vincent down in a straight fight. The Vincent can probably play the range game long enough to get some decent hits in and even a single NAC/10 hit will get a Threshold. If the DSes can make it to the rear of the Vincent there's a lot less to worry about though.
>>
>>50516760

I will. May my retardation stand memorialised for all time.
>>
Is it true that the writers fucked up the Taurian Concordat because of fans like Medron? Or was it just because of the Wizkids map set in 3130?
>>
>>50516831

Correct.
>>
>>50517042

>Is it true that the writers fucked up the Taurian Concordat because of fans like Medron?

No. The closest you can get to that is arguing that the authors showed what would actually happen if, as Taurian fans on the OF wanted to see, a Periphery power tried to rumble with one of the big boys. They expected their can-do mentality and willingness to use nukes to make up for a massive deficit in skill and tech, and forgot that the Suns could just use nukes too. So they got what they wanted, but not what they expected.

>Or was it just because of the Wizkids map set in 3130?

Yup.

All things considered the TC did pretty well. Given how badly the Suns usually thrashes its opponents, it could have gone a lot worse for them and arguably should have. But that map was the pre-written destiny.
>>
>>50517042

A little column A, a little column B.

CGL didn't have any control over what Wizkids did, so they had to make that work irrespective of their actual plans. However, whenever possible, they have admitted to deliberately fucking over factions when they have the opportunity (and making it worse than they had to) because of the actions of fans. At a minimum, this issue has hit the Black Thorns, the Eridani Light Horse, the Taurians, the Lyrans, the WIE, and the actual Wolves. There was a homeworld clan that had it happen as well, but I can't remember which one.
>>
>>50517124
Blood Spirits.

Why the Lyrans and Wolves though?
>>
>>50517124

To be fair, of those factions the Black Thorns were shite.
>>
>>50517042
Sort of both. Wizkids arbitrarily decided to powerfuck the taurians during the writing of the DA, though the reasoning as to why is unknown. CGL had to roll with that, but the *way* that they fucked the TC up in the jihad writing DOES have a certain Fuck-You edge to it
>>
>>50517198

Also not even a faction.

I'm one of the minority that liked the Black Thorns but seriously the way they went out doesn't bother me. Not ever Merc unit that got page time in the novels or SBs needs to be at the fore-front of every plot arc.

Frankly the need to shoe-horn in the GDL, Kell Hounds, NWH and ELH into every major plot arc annoyed me. Let the fucking House Regulars do something for once, god damn.
>>
>>50517231
You mean Wolf's Dragoons, not the ELH.
>>
>>50515701
This character could have been legitimately interesting. It's 3051 on Solaris, you have have a protagonist who has has a desire to prove she's the best by beating those who have noble titles but ssquander them, all to reclaim the glory her parents and grandparents rejected.
The past 2 generations of her family served in the Arab Legions, moslem semi-independents in the Draconis Combine. These generations were kicked out of the Arkab Legions, why? Why does the character hate nobles? Why make her someone who explicitly hates men? There's an interesting character here, but 'girl power' and industrial mechs alone can't carry a story.
>>
>>50517454

Dragoons didn't do much after 3051 and the Outreach Accords.

Well, they didn't do much *successfully,* any way.

And before that their last major contribution was letting Hanse Just As Planned the Dracs in the 4th SW. So they really only had a significant role in two plot arcs. The other units, even the ELH, were more prominent.
>>
>>50517495
They were at the center of the AMC and running the MRBC.

The ELH only prominent thing was Serpent, then they stopped being mercs.
>>
File: 1412449657562.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1412449657562.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>50517124
>CGL didn't have any control over what Wizkids did
Bunch of the top CGL people also wrote for Wizkids. And I thought the Black Thorns thing was just them completely forgetting where the Thorns were?

>>50516679
Weren't the cities of Canopus and Alexandria part of some Hellenic empire?

>>50515857
>>50515859
Axeman would force them to make physical weapons work.

>>50515709
Yeah, I was gonna say, an MWO'd Shad with funky hands. >>50515834 might be on to something though, the unique variant does sound like a Cestus.

>>50513112
>>50514267
>>50515457
Thanks anons, you lot are the best. Will let you know how they go later.
>>
best glue to use with BT minis?
>>
>>50517560
Zap-A-Gap, green bottle. Works like a charm.
>>
>>50517481
>Why does the character hate nobles? Why make her someone who explicitly hates men?
Because privileged patriarchy in power is a big bad boogeyman, get on with the program will you?
>>
>>50517525

>They were at the center of the AMC and running the MRBC.

What did the AMC achieve, though? Nothing. Like, not even a single thing. Except maybe stroke the hateboner the WoB had going for them.

Same as running the MRBC. The only plot-relevant thing that did was piss off the Widowmakers and Waco even more, it's not like there were any plotlines that hinged on the MRBC or the involvement of the Dragoons.

>The ELH only prominent thing was Serpent, then they stopped being mercs.

They played a major role in FedCom offenses, it's just that those are mostly detailed in SBs rather than novels up until the Coventry Campaign.

>>50517546

>And I thought the Black Thorns thing was just them completely forgetting where the Thorns were?

Yup. They had the misfortune to be stationed on Galedon, which got hit by bioweapons and then glassed from orbit with nukes. But like I said before, it's not as though the Thorns were large or important enough to justify working into the Jihad storyline. Anything more than maybe a one-off mention of them fighting (assuming they were stationed elsewhere) would have been gratuitous.

>>50517560

Same as anything BT-related. You want to use the sniffing kind.

I just use normal superglue on anything that isn't plastic. I have some other glue for that but fucked if I can remember what it is.
>>
>>50517546
>And I thought the Black Thorns thing was just them completely forgetting where the Thorns were?

That's correct. However, once they remembered where they were, they had the choice of whether or not to have let them escape the unintended death or not. They chose to let them not escape, because of the attitudes of fans of that merc group who were markedly hostile on social media to Herb.

>Bunch of the top CGL people also wrote for Wizkids.

The decisions were handed down from Weisman. The people who write for a company have no control over the direction of the plot; the line developer says "and then this happened in this manner - go write a book about it." It's no different than people (who are idiots) blaming Stackpole for wrecking the CapCon. He didn't choose to have the Suns kick the fuck out of the Cappies, the line devs did. For once I'm defending CGL people; they weren't responsible for the actual decisions about the game line imposed by the Wizkids fluff.
>>
>>50517546
>Weren't the cities of Canopus and Alexandria part of some Hellenic empire?
no, one a Greek name for an Egyptian port and the other was named for a Macedonian, not Greek, general.
Plus the FWL already had the Hellenic naming convention down. Come the rise of Coleman the Canopians suddenly decided "We Wuz Greeks n sheeit"
>>
>>50517163
Why do you keep memeing about this?
BS were Literally stated dead in a MW novel
>>
>>50517842
Wasn't the suggestion that weisman was the one with the blood spirit beef?
>>
>>50517842
>>50517923

As someone with no dog in this fight I will say that the original number of the Clans should have been trimmed down a lot in retrospect.

20 sounds like a good, round number as long as you're only going to detail 6-8 of them but the second you need to fluff up twice that number it all comes crumbling down.

In the Homeworlds we have:

Clan Ice Hellion- Gottagofast (like the Wolves), poor impulse control (like the Jaguars)
Clan Goliath Scorpion- Dude Space Weed LMAO (just like the Nova Cats)
Clan Star Adder- Just As Planned (original-flavour Wolves), fuckhueg military (like the Bears)
Clan Cloud Cobra and Clan Snow Raven: ASF, ASF everywhere
Clan Coyote: Heavy weight (like the Bears), traditionalist (like the Falcons)

It's really only the Spirits, Mandrills, and Horses who have something unique. Everyone else is just a mix of traits of the Invaders.

They needed to be culled but I'd have at least kept the Mandrills and Spirits around because they did something different.
>>
File: snek.webm (177KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snek.webm
177KB, 640x480px
>>50518088
steel vipers and star adders

gotta snek
>>
>>50518088
Can't you make the same argument about House regiments?
>>
>>50518168
post lamia
>>
>>50518311
No?
>>
>>50518088
>They needed to be culled but I'd have at least kept the Mandrills and Spirits around because they did something different.
Yeah. It would have been difficult to contrive a way for them to live through the WoR, though
>>
>>50518311

House regiments aren't individual factions, so what >>50518364 said.
>>
File: Basilisk protomech.png (98KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
Basilisk protomech.png
98KB, 638x960px
>>50518336
>tfw no best monmu protomech
>>
>>50518385

Spirits yeah since they were already written as being on their last legs with the Star Adders prosecuting their unofficial Trial of Annihilation on them. I would have just kept them small and had them stay out of the Absorption between the Adders and Burrocks; that way they've been isolationist for so long nobody can be fucked going after them when there are so many more exciting targets to slap around.

With the Mandrills it would be pretty easy to excuse them from the larger conflict by having them succumb to another round of interminable infighting with everyone else figuring they can wait until the Mandrills rip themselves up and then sweep in later when they'll be easier to handle, but the Reavings burn out before anyone gets to the last step there.
>>
>>50518385
I'd say just have them hit the eject button and bail the homeworlds entirely, go hang out in the periphery somewhere
>>
>>50518446
didnt the goliath scorpions do that?
>>
>>50518470
yes, but they ended up in the deep periphery pretty close to the homeworlds. I was thinking more like the entire other side of the map from the homeworlds, near the TC/MoC and Filvelt and shit
>>
>>50518493
>blood spirits
>ending up near the TC
I guess it makes sense, clan blood prepper heading for space idaho
>>
Friendly reminder that the Blood Spirits became the Triumvirate, whatever that means
>>
>>50518088
Not to mention the three snake totems, two birds, and random ass clans like the burrocks
>>
>>50518509
Didn't MA write an AU where that happened?
>>
>>50518612
Not that I'm aware of. I think our local chaos march/lbx-10/TC fag was considering something like that for his AU, but not MA
MA's huge clan wank stories were all around the Goliath Scorpions, unless he's written some more recently
>>
>>50518653
Links?
>>
>>50518653
>I think our local chaos march/lbx-10/TC fag was considering something like that for his AU,
yeah, that's me
>>50518696
shit, I think I've actually got the links saved somewhere. give me a bit
>>
File: tw7a1d8.png (574KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tw7a1d8.png
574KB, 3840x2160px
>>50518336
>>
>>50518524
That non-canon thing?
>>
>>50515590
>>50515661
>its a frankenmech
boom, canon
>>
>>50517124
>However, whenever possible, they have admitted to deliberately fucking over factions when they have the opportunity (and making it worse than they had to) because of the actions of fans.
I was unaware of this. Can you provide an example or two?
I've been a fan for a long time but mostly I just read the TROs and some of the novels since there wasn't anyone nearby to play with, so I'm not familiar with what the companies have done for the most part.
>>
>>50517546
And here I thought I was the only one who remembered the Cestus.
>>
>>50519184

Honestly, I don't think it's ever actually happened. It's just the usual "the authors hate my faction" memery.
>>
Anyone got any good battle report videos that show the actual gameplay rather than just a summary of the game? I mean showing the dice rolls and everything technical about the game. I'm trying to figure out if it's a wargame I'm interested in.
>>
>>50517231
>Let the fucking House Regulars do something for once, god damn.

That's what we've done in my campaigns. Now I have a couple players asking where the mercs are since all they've gone up against are second rate garrison types.
>>
>>50519425
I am unaware of any.
I doubt there are many if any. >>50519425
>>
>>50519425
Sadly no. Ouchies Batreps are the only battle reports I've seen for BattleTech and they're more summaries than full technical breakdowns. Good entertainment though.
>>
>>50519443
>>50519445
Kind of disapointing. I've tried searching for gameplay rather than just battle report but all I get is footage of that new video game. I don't see why they couldn't have given it a name besides just "Batletech." The video game I mean.
>>
>>50519218
I also like the cestus, and it's great on the table, the problem is that the damn thing is ugly as hell and the mini is an abomination, plus it's basically FedCom only. If 3058 ever gets a de-potatoseen revamp, I expect the Cestus to get a lot more popular
>>
>>50519815
I swear it had jump jets too at one point but everything I've seen says no.
I guess I'm nuts.
>>
Hey, /btg/ what is a generic clan mech formation comprised of? I'm just barely getting into battletech myself, and I want to fill out a unit for my brother, who already has a Madcat from warhansa.
>>
>>50519936
>I swear it had jump jets too at one point but everything I've seen says no.
there was a mispritnt in some of the early printings of 3058 that had it's jump MP listed as 4, but no space was allocated for the jets
>>
>>50519962
5 Mackies with Chemical medium lasers and light machine guns
>>
>>50519962

It really depends on the Clan.

But something like a Thor, Vulture, Loki, Mad Cat and Black Hawk could show up pretty much anywhere.
>>
>>50519962
5 novas always doing alpha strikes from long range.
>>
>>50519962
First, cool that you're getting into it, it's a great game.

Second, ignore >>50520004, he's chemically retarded.

Third, good generic clan units include stuff like the Vulture, Mad Cat, Gargoyle, Adder, and anything on this list: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Clan_General_BattleMechs
>>
File: TA vs FAKE3.webm (2MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
TA vs FAKE3.webm
2MB, 704x480px
>>50520098
this
>>
>>50519936

In addition to what >>50519967 said, Cassandra Allard-Liao in the novels had a custom version with JJs.

Uses Endo Steel and loses a ton of GR ammo to fit them in.
>>
>>50519313
>It's just the usual "the authors hate my faction" memery.

Bullshit. The authors DO hate my faction. The only factions I ever liked were Smoke Jags, Word of Blake, and the Taurians.
>>
>>50520254
You have a talent for picking people the authors hate. I'd say "well done", but your misery must be the stuff of legends, so I'll just say "I'm sorry".
>>
File: Smoke Jaguar trueborn.jpg (50KB, 564x562px) Image search: [Google]
Smoke Jaguar trueborn.jpg
50KB, 564x562px
>>50520254
I liked Surrender your Dreams as a standalone book
>>
>>50520443
That is one hard lookin' piece of beef jerky.
>>
>>50520474
the action figure doesnt do her justice
>>
>>50520254
Lol I like all of those plus the Free Worlds League and Nova Cats
>>
>>50520189
Gasaraki?
>>
>>50520776
That isn't Full Metal Panic, is it? It's been so long since I have seen it, I forgot what the mechs in that show looked like.
>>
File: TA vsKugai.webm (3MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
TA vsKugai.webm
3MB, 704x480px
>>50520776
yeh
>>
>>50518923
The Triumvirate is canon.
It is heavily implied on Blood Avatar the BS are somehow involved with them. That scraped WoR kinda confirms they will be related
>>
Trying to get into dark age, can someone explain Wolf Empire/ what's going on in the Commonwealth?
>>
>>50520808
No, it's Gasaraki.
>>
>>50520808
They're a lot more humanoid, and their weapons are handheld.
>>
>>50521143
Lyrans are getting a hot raw DP from the Wolves knot and the Falcons whatever.
>>
>>50518653
I think his scorps did end up wandering around to the Taurian side of the sphere, but you'd have to actually read it to be sure.

There are also a few AUs where the Clans as a whole invade from that side.
>>
File: Jade falcon.jpg (40KB, 459x425px) Image search: [Google]
Jade falcon.jpg
40KB, 459x425px
>>50521226
bird penis
>>
>>50521143

Bit of a two-for-one there.

The Lyrans were getting tired of being shat on by both Purple and Green Burds. The Wolves were tired of being shat on by the Green Burds, Hell's Horses, and Ghost Bears. So the Lyrans offered the Wolves a deal; in exchange for helping them to invade the FWL, they would get them set up with a new home far away from the Clans who'd been beating them like a red-haired stepchild for almost a hundred years.

Once the Wolves were balls deep in Purple Burd territory, the Lyrans pulled the old "Haha, fuck you and fuck our agreement!" trick and abandoned them to their fate. The Wolves reached a peace deal with the FWL and then went looking for revenge. Since the Lyrans were also dealing with raging cockfalcons, the Wolves were able to seize some important worlds and make strikes on Hesperus and, IIRC, Tharkad. Alaric Ward is also making a claim for the title of Archon but that is transparent bullshit since Katherine was forced to give up her claim and that of any prospective progeny any way.

The Wolf Empire military forces have been heavily ground down by all the fighting. /btg/ loves to bring up "muh gazillion clusters" every time they're mentioned but the majority of what the Wolves have is planetary militia tier that have been promoted to front-line status to bulk out their on-paper strength, and there are some loyalty issues with them too. Their actual combat troops runs to maybe a third of what FM: 3145 lists as their total.

The Lyrans are in the worst shape they've ever been. Their military is smashed and they're exhausted from the fighting. The most likely thing to prevent them from suffering a complete collapse will be karma finally catching up with Malvina Hazen.

Captcha: ROBINSON ONLY

Captcha confirmed owned by Dracs.
>>
File: mfw comstar.jpg (81KB, 365x858px) Image search: [Google]
mfw comstar.jpg
81KB, 365x858px
>>50521279
like beautiful pottery
>>
>>50505237
I don't care that everything is in the spectrum from black to yellow, but I'm more bothered by the use of ancient terran races to describe them instead of just "Planet of origin". HBS has single player, and that's a hell of a lot more than anyone else has offered from the Battletech community since MW4 mercs.
>>50515590
If this makes it into something like XTRO Succession Wars 2, I'll actually not be as buttmad.

Not paying for it though, C-bills or cash. I'll support right decisions, not ones that clash with Battletech lore.
>>
>>50521279
So they're both nations in their own right? Do they both pull from TRO 3145 Steiner? Because I don't play clans, and I would hate to have to find a new faction.
>>
>>50521279
The Leaguer in me loves that those Lyran bastards are getting what they deserve, but the rational human being in me is screaming that it all looks too much like the Vandal invasion of Rome. Which then gets shouted down by my internal line of logic that "it's just BattleTech, don't go poking holes or the whole damn boat will sink."
>>
File: Jesus no.png (21KB, 238x353px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus no.png
21KB, 238x353px
>>50521249
>but you'd have to actually read it to be sure.
eh, I'll pass. I've got better things to do
>>
>>50521485
It's part if the plan to get more FWL players. Wolves will become a member state.
>>
>>50521462

The Wolf Empire is Clan Wolf's new OZ. They're the same thing.

The Lyran Commonwealth is its own thing.

Certain factions pull from different places, it really just depends on the design in question. Stuff from the Lyrans could show up in the hands of the Wolves or vice versa as salvage from all the fighting they've done.

>>50521485

To me it was just a retread of what sparked the Widowmaker Absorption. "Yeah dudes, we totally have your backs here. Haha. Definitely not planning to wipe you fuckers out after you get wrecked fighting the other guys. Why are you so mad at us now, all we did was completely screw you over and try to get you all killed! WE'RE THE REAL VICTIMS HERE!"

But since so much of the DA fluff and products have been cut-and-pasted from earlier ones I'm not sure why I expected anything different.
>>
>>50521515
>Letting the Wolves keep Kalidasa, Solaris and Stewart
Over my thicc gmilf Captain General's dead body.
>>
What is the Arc Royal Defense Cordon and how did it come about?
>>
>>50521581
I would ride that Chimera
>>
>>50521581

Well, if the FWL gets its shit together and decides to co-operate it could easily stomp the Wolves. The Wolves are very, very weak. If the Lyrans didn't have to worry about the Falcons they could do it too.

But this revolves around the idea of the FWL being unified in more than name only, and historically there have been issues getting provinces that aren't directly threatened by what's happening to send their troops elsewhere. And this is coming on the heels of like three generations of the member-states being independant, so I'd expect some political fuckery and grandstanding.
>>
>>50521607
It was a reaction by the Kells when Katrina declared the Lyran half of the FedCom independent. It was still a loyal member of the Alliance, but it was more of a "screw you, we're not gonna dick around when we've got the Falcons breathing down our necks."
>>
File: tfw batchall has been accepted.jpg (196KB, 1022x766px) Image search: [Google]
tfw batchall has been accepted.jpg
196KB, 1022x766px
>>50521627
>>
>>50521607

It was formed by Morgan Kell in the mid 3050s as a response to Katherine/Katrina Steiner-Davion's border defence policies.

She was deliberately stripping troops from the Falcon front to invite the Falcons to conduct raids. Which she wanted in part due to her agreement with Vlad since it kept them occupied, and in part because it let her keep the border nobles over a barrel. They could either tell her she was fantastic and do exactly what she said, or they could find themselves defenceless.

She didn't really foresee Morgan creating the ARDC but it worked pretty well for her. It let her shift the burden of defence to the ARDC and consolidated everyone who resented her in one place.

The ARDC forces were the Kell Hounds, WiE, and a bunch of mercs hired by the Kell Hounds. Most were small so weren't listed. IIRC the Fighting Intellectuals grew out of one such unit.
>>
>>50521557
So I'm just getting a bit confused by all the different TRO's. Who has access to what? Can Steiners get some Davion stuff? Or are they restricted to their own book and their neighbors?
>>
>>50521623
Considering it's Marik and Marik Stewart getting dogfucked and the Captain-General's own state is Oriente, it pretty much covers all the bases. The far away state is the most loyal and the ones less so are the ones who need help and are willing to throw all their forces into the fray.

All they need is to find some way to get Lester on board.

>tfw the Regulans have become the Centauri from B5
I can't believe I didn't see it sooner.
>>
>>50521691
Look at the MUL.
>>
>>50521691
Depends entirely on the era and what companies are selling general market instead of state only.

In the Fedcom era, every design is shared. In the DA, almost nothing.
>>
>>50521691
There aren't any specific unit lists in the game, but some factions are known for using specific designs more frequently than others (the Vindicator comes to mind, as it was once fluffed to be the most common design the Capellans had). However, it kinda comes down to "whatever works for you."

>>50521704
This is a good resource if you wanna put together units that have more "faction specific" flavor to them.
>>
So HBS's new game has a campaign, a SP skirmish mode with a single lance, and 1v1 lance v lance games. Just like everything oldsters who barely play can handle!
>>
>>50518364
All the comments about characterization, and the finite number of traits to be unique about, would seem to apply.

>>50518388
Neither are the lesser Clans.
>>
File: Atlas Model.png (242KB, 357x409px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas Model.png
242KB, 357x409px
Here's a model they're apparently making. After they reach a minimum number of orders they make this (or whatever)
>>
File: atlas_sculpt.jpg (133KB, 1259x709px) Image search: [Google]
atlas_sculpt.jpg
133KB, 1259x709px
Apparently figures/sculpts will be out.
>>
File: Purple Burd Shirt.png (529KB, 1020x577px) Image search: [Google]
Purple Burd Shirt.png
529KB, 1020x577px
Presented without comment.
>>
>>50522406
>Catalog
If they had it all one color it would be great, or maybe if the black and grey were swapped. As it is it looks like a FWL basketball fan wearing a jersey over a hoodie.
>>
File: SdQLrcih.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
SdQLrcih.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>
make a new thread?
>>
>>50522491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A

MW5 single player on Unreal Engine 4. With voice acting and a major planetary assault by Union class dropships.
>>
>>50522987
New Thread
>>
>>50522926
>full head rotation
reeeeEEEEEEEEE DO THEY EVEN KNOW WHAT A NEUROHELMET LOOKS LIKE
>>
>>50522926
All of my absolutely yes.
>>
>>50516467
They're not going to stop either way, so why bother with appeasement?
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.