[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tg/ never talk about Malifaux or Through the Breach?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Why does /tg/ never talk about Malifaux or Through the Breach?

Like where else are you going to play as a steampunk cyborg cowboy wizard?
>>
There's a general up right now

>>50394158
>>
File: 2016-11-30-225948_423x338_scrot.png (86KB, 423x338px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-30-225948_423x338_scrot.png
86KB, 423x338px
What do you mean OP? But yeah, Malifaux is a pretty fucking sweet game with great models, rules, and fluff and deserves more love. I love how the game has tons of ancient evils, things that murder people in the middle of the night, and people inexplicably gain superpowers. The RPG too is legitimately different and worth looking at. And the fluff currently is really going places, especially with The Other Side coming up.
>>
>>50476474
but generals are containment threads for cancerous permanewfag redditors who insist on recreating the subreddit pits they crawled out of instead of adapting to a chan board's more ephemereal nature
>>
>>50476561
I honestly have to agree with you there. /a/ seems to get it right, but /tg/ needs to make codified generals for anything that gets more than one thread for some reason.
>>
>>50476561
It's more that in order to have Malifaux threads that don't die you need a general. Even then the threads aren't great at staying alive. 40K on the other hand is all over the board all the time regardless if generals, because it is popular.
>>
So does the Govenor-General exist at all or does Mattheson keep him chained in the basement or is he dead or something?

I'm playing TtB but have never really played Malifaux. Anyway I keep rubbing elbows with all these Malifaux characters I'm told would kill me with a sideways glance and I'm interested in their fluff but the only wiki I can find lists nothing more than their stats or whatever.
>>
>>50476751
The Govenor general is a real dude, who isn't really a bitch but Lucius does use his influence to get what he wants. In the current fluff the Govenor General died and his tormented spirit was thrown out of Malifaux, and was replaced by a new Governor General named Franco Marlow who can't stand Lucius.

Sadly there really isn't a lore wiki. I would like to see some one myself as there are some contradictions and Wyrd has retconned stuff over time, and I am not entirely sure on some things. You should just download the Malifaux rulebooks (Start with the 1st edition ones) and read the stories in them if you want to keep up with the fluff.
>>
>>50476561
>why does /tg/ never talk of [thing]?
>here's a thread where we talk about [thing].
>but you're not talking about [thing] the way i like, and i'm gonna throw buzzwords around to legitimize my argument!
>>
>>50477016
cry more, redditor
>>
>>50477074
oh yes baby
smear these buzzword all over me
awwww yeeeah
>>
>>50476751
Listen to breachside broadcast. it's all the fluff
>>
I can only assume the General contains no fluff because bitches don't bring it up.

I really like the setting and all, but the not-Your Dudes nature still grates a little bit.
It seems doubly weird given that some of the factions seem to be built around characters - Arcanists and Outcasts, for example, really need their figureheads for a lot of the sub-themes to make sense - while others would function just as well as interchangeable folks - Guild being the prime competitor there.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.