[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 27

File: 1479835007706.png (715KB, 1000x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1479835007706.png
715KB, 1000x1095px
Black Friday Edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Topic: What are you planning on getting/have gotten in Wyrd's sale?
>>
>>50394158
OP here, I'm really stuck deciding whether I want dayglows or translucents. Does anyone have any experience with either of the materials? They both look great in their own ways.
>>
>>50394184
A few people at my flgs have the translucent sets and they look amazing if you paint them like normal but leave some spots unpainted like the claws on the nothing beast
>>
>>50395081
Tara and Kaeris are probably some of the best boxes for that. Plenty of options for transparent details on the Nothing Beast, Void Wretches, and Fire Gamin compared to like Guilty or the Dark Carnival box which both have transparent options for some reason (Dreamer and Pandora ought to be cool, though).

And then Kaeris has her wings and Tara has her sword and the hole, which are all great details to leave transparent.
>>
I didn't grab any Black Friday stuff, but I did grab Hayreddin and Anna with some birthday cash. Anybody played with Shotgun-Neph yet? I love him, but I never see him talked about.
>>
>>50394184
Translucents allow for more incorporeal/magical effects, so I guess it depends on if you wanna get fancy.
>>
>>50394184
I like the dayglow on some sets, like the Kirai one. Transparent Bete Noire is a beast though.
>>
>>50397340
I love his model and fluff, but he looks super hard to use due to Curse of the First Traitor. If your opponent has access to pushes, they can shove him into your lines and negate your hard to wound. Vitality gain is also super short range.
>>
>>50397829
Yeah. My current ideas are:
A. Use him to cover a flank/hunt scheme runners
B. Leech Vitality off molly summons and give punk zombies more pluses + make Molly more likely to slow/paralyze
C. Set up for Reva to get + to damage and run decaying aura on him

He seems more versatile than he looks at face value, but I'm not sure if he's got a real niche
>>
>>50398326
Oh and I guess if I ever decide to play McM, he can leech vitality from poisoned dudes
>>
>>50397788
What sets do people think benefit the most from each effect/neither?
>>
>>50399288
I honestly haven't had a lot of interaction with them, beyond my dayglow kirai and transparent bete. Just from looks, I like the two that I own, the smoke tara, the blue transparent rasputina, and purple dayglow lynch.
>>
>>50399455
Have you seen either of the LE Lynches? I can't find any photos anywhere.
>>
So are the rumors true? Will Carver count as Killjoy in the 2017 ruleset?
>>
>>50398326
I've only played against Heidekker but he is really good/autopick for the points. Throw that stone upgrade which doesn't let anyone target it for a turn unless inside 3" and you are good to go. The shotgun will kill any opposing scheme runners. The opposing scheme runners won't kill him because of those stupidly good defence numbers.

The new books models have way too good numbers. It's like gw all over again.
>>
>>50400223
I really hope so. In fact, I'd love it if they relaxed their rules about using other Malifaux models as proxies in general.

I'm of the opinion that any model I can't legally hire into my crew ought to be allowed as a proxy for something else. Just think of all the money I could save using Dr. Dufresne as a nurse, my Oxfordian mages as extra Freikorps librarians, and aboms as mindless zombies.
>>
>>50402298
>The new books models have way too good numbers. It's like gw all over again.
Counterpoint:
The new book models are frequently over-costed for their niche uses.
Or at least the 6-8ss slot has just become very congested with OK options.

The Vidya Guards and Wokou Raiders, for example, are expensive for their Df and Wd stat, even accounting for their damage output and push/Scheme shenanigans.
It's not necessarily that I wouldn't pay 8ss for either, but there are better places to spend the cost of a Henchman.
>>
File: Wokou Raider.png (500KB, 460x660px) Image search: [Google]
Wokou Raider.png
500KB, 460x660px
>>50403418
Actually, now that I go back and look, that's not really the case.
I still think there are frequently better places to spend those points, but the power creep is real.
>>
File: HFH110 Dynamic Lenore composite.jpg (667KB, 800x812px) Image search: [Google]
HFH110 Dynamic Lenore composite.jpg
667KB, 800x812px
>>50403046
>I'm of the opinion that any model I can't legally hire into my crew ought to be allowed as a proxy for something else.
For tournament play, I categorically disagree with that bit.
The visuals of the table lay-out is pretty key to getting a handle on the game state.
Abominations and Mindless Zombies look completely different, and do Oxfordians and Librarians.
Dr Dufresne is pretty ok though.

For local play - anyone that's not ok with you proxying anything at all with anything half-way appropriate is a gigantic faggot.

Pic related - my Oxfordian Mage for when I wanted to try one out. It's clearly a human magic user with a swirly cloak.
>>
>>50394158
Wisps, Terracotta Warriors, Witchling Thralls, Dead Outlaws, and the Neverborn poster. Did a big order with my gaming group so I'm getting the alt Rafkin and Guard Sergeant.
>>
>>50403441
If it's a difficult choice in what to hire, is it still creep. Wokou Raiders look good on paper, but are you giving up Lust or Sue for them?
>>
>>50403642
Fair, I'm still not sure.
I've had several iterations of this conversation in these threads where I waver from "definitely creep" to "probably unecessary bloat for the sake of more model options".

Possibly just because they're better 'tuned' to the latest understannding of how the game actually plays, being able to hire Enforcers with good damage output, survivability .and. highly versatile marker/mobility shenanigans to fill the roles of more mono-task Henchmen (usually more beater-y or shenanigan-y) seems wrong for the game feel, somehow.
>>
>>50403869
I think the fact that you have to think about it or that we can have a real discussion about it tells you it's not definitively creep. Are new models way better than shit like Guild Guard? Absolutely. I think they're more on par with stuff you normally use, which is a good thing.
>>
File: Sandeep Desai.jpg (123KB, 792x594px) Image search: [Google]
Sandeep Desai.jpg
123KB, 792x594px
>>50404078
>Are new models way better than shit like Guild Guard?
Maybe this is it - there's now so much of Book 1 and 2 that you'd never take competitively that it looks like continuing creep, but actually Wyrd's just getting better at writing non-trash models for the game's current state.

Having said that, yet to see a compelling argument for using Poison Gamin.
>>
File: Carlos Vasquez.jpg (1MB, 1200x1466px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos Vasquez.jpg
1MB, 1200x1466px
>>50404078
>>50403869
Also (relating only to the Book2/Book 4 conflict) I love that Cassandra and Carlos are battling for the same spot in the crew in rules/meta and fluff.
>>
>>50404152
The only uses I have for poison gamin are Beast/Claw shenanigans since they are beasts and constructs and a slightly more useful all around model to summon. That extra wound means I can get Banasuva 3 times.
>>
I think I'm going to stick with 10T for the forseeable future. I just got the emissary and wandering river monks and I have every master but Asami.

10T bros, you have a favorite master or unit or whatever you like for certain factions/strats/schemes?
>>
>>50404078

At least Guild Guard are now summonable.

Sure as a hire they look bad, but when compared to other cheap summons they do alright.
>>
So on a whim I got the Marcus and Hoffman boxes since the seller was selling them for cheap. Unfortunately I'm a Resser/Gremlins player so I have no M&SU constructs and my only beasts area a Canine Remains and 2 Shikome.

I was thinking about getting the Ramos box next for the swarms and Joss/Howard since both could use them. After that would a Peacekeepr for Hoff and a Mech Rider for Marcus be enought to get a decent start for both?
>>
>>50407685
Joss and Howard is probably plenty for Hoff. Metal Gamin and the mech rider would be good for both.
>>
How active is the community on vassal?
>>
>>50408006
I don't do vassal myself but I know folks on AWP and the forums seem to get games in whenever they want, with a little prior coordination.
>>
>>50407605
I've played a little over ten games of Malifaux. I like Shenlong for versatility even though I actually almost never do anything with him because I'm scared he gets killed. My death bubble also holds for the first two turns at most until everybody start charging everywhere.

Models always used: Izamu, the lone swordsman and snipers. Last game the swordsman was insane: two dead doxys, dead carrion emissary, Sybelle to one wound and by these like three points denied and two gained.
>>
>>50410345
The lone swordsman had to handle my beatings as Izamu died on the second turn when Seamus red jokered flintlock damage: one shot = one kill. I was ready to get depressed for the rest of the game but then everything just slid into place. Have to say recalled training is as great as everyone says. Every flip is alot of flips on critical turns.
>>
Do people play Toshiro in 10T? I'd kinda like to take him with Shenlong to get more out of my bubble and at least some summoning. Maybe if hunting party was not flipped?
>>
>>50410991
My brother uses him in Yan Lo to support the wastrel trick. I don't see him outside though.
>>
Do you guys have any rules that you follow for list building? Like, model count, number of minions-enforcers/henchmen, specific niches, etc?

Any time I try to build lists, I feel like I'm lacking somewhere.
>>
>>50411620
Do you have the CrewFaux app? Try generating a set of schemes and strategies and then try to list build
>>
>>50411620
The very first rule is to generate objectives before you start building a list. There aren't enough stones in a game to fill every single niche, so you're always going to be lacking somewhere.

In general though I aim for at least eight models and no more than two henchmen, since that will keep my activation count reasonably high and won't spread soul stones too thin.
>>
Is Zoraida that good as a gremlin master? I'm going to be trying her out later this week but I can't find much positive about her online...
>>
>>50404456
But why wouldn't you use literally any other Gamin to do that?

I know the Poison Gamin are Beasts, but what do they bring to the table besides that?
Especially for the extra stone in cost.
>>
So my friend got me the Seamus crew recently
I already have canine remains, Shikome, and a Rouge Necromancy for Marcus (Also Performers)
And I have McMourning coming plus Alt-Rafkin and and a second Flesh construct

This seems like a solid core for Reserrs, are there any must have modles I'm missing?
>>
>>50413810
Might not be a must-have, but I really enjoy Yin
>>
I'm an Outcast player that doesn't own Sue.

The main reason is because I started after Mk2 dropped and I find the current plastic model absolutely terrible.

I've been trying to snag one of the old metal ones, but my search has fallen short.

So, any good ideas for conversions to make a Sue (preferably starting with a Malifaux model as the base, to maintain legality)?

Barring that, any place to buy a metal Sue?
>>
>>50413873
>>50413873
She does combo well with Seamus and his fuck Wp aura, I'll need to keep her in mind. Looks like Bishop has a similar synergy going on.
>>
So I think I lost my mind. Just picked up 150 in limited models (2x Alt Perdita, 2x Dufresne, 1x Kaeris, 1x Barbaros) to try and sell.
>>
>>50413954
if your store is anything like mine they'll let you use anything you want as a proxy as long as the base is the right size and you have the actual model purchased.
>>
>>50415070
My Henchmen is a fucking lunatic. No proxies or stand ins of any kind, ever.

He didn't even allow proxies of mk2 stuff that didn't have a model, even though Wyrd's rules allowed it.

Only way I've been able to do anything is using a Wyrd model as the base, so I can throw the book at him, so to speak, and say Wyrd directly allows it.
>>
>>50412044
Random encounter generated with CrewFaux
Deployment: Standard Deployment (3)
Strategy: Extraction (Rams)
Schemes:
* Convict Labor (Always)
* Show Of Force (Rams)
* Leave Your Mark (Tomes)
* Set Up (7)
* Inspection (11)

50 SS Resurrectionists Crew
Molly + 6 Pool
- Forgotten Life (1)
- Unnerving Aura (1)
- Necrotic Preparation (1)
Anna Lovelace (9)
- Decaying Aura (2)
Philip and the Nanny (8)
- Haunting Cries (0)
Yin The Penangalan (8)
- Necrotic Preparation (1)
Hayreddin (7)
- Unnerving Aura (1)
Crooligan (4)
Crooligan (4)

General idea I had is Molly, Yin and friends hold the strat by being a bubble of fuck off while Anna makes mindless zombies on the setup target, crools help there too and Hayreddin sits at the edge for inspection or hunts enemy schemers
>>
>>50416395
er, anna makes zombies that philip turns into schemes, I mean
>>
File: Miss Step.jpg (20KB, 337x383px) Image search: [Google]
Miss Step.jpg
20KB, 337x383px
>>50415102
Your henchman is an arsehole.
Having said that, I'm confused by how many people say that their Henchman is what stops them from proxying - is there a sizeable contingent out there that exclusively plays at Hench-TO'd tournaments?

Because I can't see many real people refusing to play you on the grounds that one of your models is not Wyrd official, but there are a lot of complaints of this type.

>>50414726
>No Dark Carnival
>No Francisco
Yeah, you lost your mind.
On an unrelated note, it's a bummer to see Miss Step sold out - I was going to talk to a buddy about sticking one onto his order today.
>>
File: Consider this.png (152KB, 280x577px) Image search: [Google]
Consider this.png
152KB, 280x577px
>>50416395
Arcanists
50ss Crew

Colette Du Bois -- 5ss
+Arcane Reservoir - 2ss
+Cabaret Choreography - 2ss
+Shell Game - 1ss
Mechanical Dove - 2ss
Cassandra - 8ss
+Practiced Production - 1ss
+Smoke And Mirrors - 1ss
Howard Langston - 12ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Performer - 5ss
Performer - 5ss

I just realised I was building for Interference...
I'd probably swap one Mannequin-Performer for Joss, especially against Ressrs.

Usual operations - Mannequin and Performer do Convict Labour with ease, a Dove and Cassandra with PP scores Leave Your Mark with ease, either of the above can hit Set Up with ease (probably on Anna since she needs to be central to block my push shenanigans), and maybe the Performer can do half of Inspection while Convict Labouring.
Since I have the stones, I'd also strongly consider Imbuing Joss and Howard for Show of Force.

Since I can bluff any of them easily, I'd probably go for Show of Force and Leave Your Mark, and try and Howard Anna as quickly as possible.
Having said that, never played against her, so don't know how 'ard she is.

Never played against Molly either - what does she do?
>>
We get a fair few stories of shitty henchmen. I'm not a shitty henchman. I run tournies, I allow proxies, I actually know the rules.
>>
>>50394158
I'm not in wargaming yet, but I'm thinking about starting. Is Malifaux a good place to start?
>>
>>50418316
Yes and no.
It's got a decent core system, and virtually everything you need to play besides the core card flip mechanic is on the cards that come with the models.
However, it's brutally complex in places, the system is very different from nearly every other wargame, nearly every single rule has more than one special case that breaks it, even small games have a shitload of very different moving parts and analysis paralysis is 2 reel.

It's still pretty easy to learn though, and I find it one of the most enjoyable wargames I've ever played.
>>
All the Resser pre-releases, transparent Hamelin, Dr Dufresne and Johanna. I went in with a friend and got to over $300 so got the 4 limited models. Though I'm selling the Guild Seargent to another friend because I don't see myself ever playing Guild.

Incidentally, anyone know where I could get the plastic Sebastian and Zombie Chihuahua. I don't like the normal Dr McMourning but seeing as I got Dufresne I should probably get his totem and henchman.

>>50417498
Molly summons models that explode on you, gives out black blood to her models and can give models Reactivation.

She also likes horrors so Wp checks
>>
>>50418729
You can get singles at gadzooks gaming or try and hunt down the metals. Be forewarned, singles tend to get spendy.
>>
>>50418729
posting from mobile so can't reply to the first anon too

she also has some nasty debuff potential (slows, paralyzes, - to all flips forever). And two 0s that pass AP out via a friendly horror/spirit obey and reactivate for minions. There's an upgrade that goves her instinctual that I've yet to try
>>
>>50417498
Adding to >>50419024, I've never played against Colette yet. All I know is I feel like Anna and Yin would really earn their keep
>>
>>50419129
Colette has her scheme shenanigans, places, Df triggers, get out of jail free card, and a friendly obey-like action. Kill her support system.
>>
>>50418729
>>50419129
>>50419799
>>50419024
Slow, Paralyze and -ves, alongside Reactivate to her own stuff, sounds pretty irritating to play against.

As for Colette, I find she's predominantly about Prompt (friendly model takes a 3" push and then any (1) action) first and scheme marker generation second, with the ridiculous mobility a side-effect of those two.

Her thematic crew can easily throw scheme markers 6" as a (0) action while engaged, which is why any Marker scheme is so good for her.

Add to that, her Mechanical Dove totems count as Scheme Markers for friendly action purposes, as well as being able to give +ve to Ca/Df/damage by sacrificing.

Mobility-wise, she can teleport nearby Minions or Showgirls (her whole thematic crew) to a Scheme Marker in LoS up to 14" away - she can fling models all over the damn place between Marker throwing and Dove flight.

I actually find her Df triggers a very minimal part of the game.
I've only had to use them a dozen times in several dozen games, and most of those was one game having most of a McMourning crew chase her around my deployment zone Turn 4 and 5 (having almost tabled me end of Turn 3).
>>
>>50416395
>>50418729
>>50419024
Looking at Molly's card, is she not an auto-pick when Neutralize the Leader is the pool, or are all the Ressr masters that hard to put (back) down?

I know I'd be (hopefully) running Joss against her, but nothing else ont eh field is doing and damage worth mentioning unless I gangbang her with the whole crew for two full turns.
>>
>>50420204
Resser masters are notoriously tough. Big wound pools, hard/impossible to wound, self heals, all that crap.

Best way to drop Molly is multiple high min damage attacks.
>>
>>50420275
>Best way to drop Molly is multiple high min damage attacks.
I guess so - in that respect Howard is ideal for that, with Ml 7 min. 4 necessitating the Materful Dead to stay healthy, and then the Decapitate trigger meaning she drops two .more. cards or dies.
A Langston charge could eat a six-card hand in one activation.
>>
>>50420418
>>50420275
Remember that after she drops the damage to one she can then stone to prevent that one entirely, so if decapitate or the like are showing it will cost her a stone rather than the two cards. So Langston will be more like two cards and two stones on an ideal charge. Good disruption ether way.
>>
Just had my first game today, Wong vs Yan Lo. Alas, it was a bit of a crushing defeat, 7VP to 1VP. S'alright though, I'll get him next time...
>>
File: Bete Noire 01.jpg (178KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bete Noire 01.jpg
178KB, 1200x1200px
>>50420922
Good attitude, learn what you did wrong and improve. I take it you were Wong?

Also as I have just started Resers what is Bete Noire good at/When do you use her? Even with her mechanic to keep coming back she seems very frail and her damage is a bit lacking. Maybe hunting party and/or collect the bounty
>>
>>50420536
Jumping on her early and draining cards will shut down her summoning hard.

>>50420922
Nice, hope you had fun. Wong is pretty crazy, what were you running with him?
>>
>>50421694
She's a disruptive model that never dies so long as you keep a 10 crow in hand.
>>
>>50394158
just getting back into malifaux, play guild and neverborne, want to try out ten thunders too

what the heck is THIS suppose to do for me?

Also, I was wondering if these types of encounters can be ran solo potentially?
>>
>>50421786
Any particular masters that seem to benefit from her? And does it need to be a crow? Looking at book one the crow is built in. I'll probably try her a few tries before my finally verdict.

>>50421859
First, you get the Spawn Mother and Gupp swarms. Normal models for the Neverborn to use...normally.

Second, it also has some encounters that use the same models. I don't know myself what those encounters are, though if they are like the University of Transmortis then at least one will be single player.
>>
>>50421733
Just his crew box. 35 SS game. However, my mate's got me Burt, Sammy and Merris, so I'll have a bit more flexibility next time.
>>
>>50421945
I think she works well with most masters, though maybe not Molly with all her discarding and hunger for high crows.

Notably:
McMourning can throw zombie chihuahua in to die and pop her out

Tara can pop her out with no effort at all

Reva can kill off corpse candles (including the one from her ltd upgrade) to pop her out wherever

Molly can summon a necrotic machine in to die and bring her out

And she's solid in her own right with other masters
>>
>>50421945
It's any 10, my bad. Haven't played ressers in a while. I ran her with Seamus for that extra unpredictable threat. Anything like turf war will find her lots of opportunities to cause problems.
>>
Since it seems like resser questions day, I might as well ask: How do you guys tend to use the new generic resser upgrades? I know My Little Helper is amazing in general, but I don't hear about much else.
>>
File: KiraiLime_1024x1024.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
KiraiLime_1024x1024.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
>>50394158
How often do they offer the translucent and dayglow varients?

I'm trying to rack up 300 dollhairs in my order for those exclusives, and wondering if wasting my money on stuff that's readily available is wise over things that don't often go on sale.

also does anyone know if the dayglow is worth it at all over the translucent? I just feel like doing lighting effects or stuff would always look better with the former.

this legit looks awesome though
>>
>>50407614
How do I summon guild guard?

I dont understand what summon means beyond "comes into the game after it's started"
>>
>>50423056
Captain Dashel's new personal upgrade in book 4 lets him summon Guild Guard with a Wk-resisted duel
>>
>>50421694
>>50421786
>>50421945
Any 10+ will do. I often sandbagged her and loved her in McMourning. I will say one thing from personal experience, she wrecks Jack Daw.

I've seen her most often used in Tara though, but I don't have personal experience.
>>
>>50423107
Dude, I LOVE Dashel

fuck yes, my main man is getting sexy as fuck

Gotta stock up on my remaining guard models -- really wonder how horseback ones perform

Oh an unrelated question but... What does "nightmare mode" mean on these limited editions? I like the look of the hanging tree, but fuck me running is it expensive.
>>
>>50422944
They are generally available during the Black Friday and sometimes other sales. They are also given out for prize support so they come up on trade forms and e-bay.

As for witch one to go with I find translucent has more value simply because day-glow can be imitated with the right color paint. So it's up to you based on what you like or want to do with the models.

>>50423056
In book 4 there is an upgrade for the Guild that lets Captain Dashel summon them.

An ability must explicitly state that it is summoning a model. The model is placed according to the wording of the summon. The summoned model has slow and may not take interact actions for the remainder of the turn. Most summoning will also do damage to the summoned model but that is handled by each ability.
>>
>>50423199
Nightmare means that it is a special alt version. In this case the Hanging Trees are actually alternative hanged, who happen to be attached to some very nice looking trees.
>>
>>50423199
Nightmare Edition means that it is a different looking models for existing stuff. The hanging trees are basically terrain with the smaller ones being legal proxies for The Hanged.

Nightmare Edition Dark Carnival counts as Colette's crew box.

They are also not sold in stores and are only available for Black Friday and prize support.
>>
>>50423199
Mounted Guards are baller as fuck. Dumping an Executioner on somebody is a barrel of laughs.
>>
File: Alt-GuardSergeant_large.jpg (23KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alt-GuardSergeant_large.jpg
23KB, 360x480px
>>50423355
>>50423347
>>50423208
>>50421945

Thanks for the info

311 dollar order placed. And yet I have no use for 3 of the 4 exclusive models... But dat sweet sweet Fem Dashel tho.

I'm SO going to greenstuff a fat gut on her, and maybe figure out something better for her hair.
>>
>>50424199
Isn't she supposed to be a Sergeant, not a captain like Dashel? You could proxy her either way of course, I am just wondering what kind of card she comes with.
>>
>>50424199
No lie, but I've been waffling super hard on picking up a Guild box so I can use her. Is she only good for lucius?
>>
>>50424226
Dashel was a Seargeant at one point

She's IS rule 63'd Dashel
>>
>>50424293
I really shouldn't type with one hand anymore, holy shit.

>>50424244
I love the guild guard synergy, regardless of Lucius or not. Played guards with Lady Justice to good effect.
>>
>>50424244
Well both as a Sargent or Dashel she will give buffs to other guardsmen. So a list with Guild Hounds, Riflemen, Austringers, etc can benefit.

Lucius and McCabe come to mind but they are by no means the only ones.
>>
>>50424244
Dashel is good for guardsmen. He's not terribly popular since he's expensive for a buff bot, but the summon helps.
>>
>>50424446
So what core would you need to make the Guard Sarge worth it? What about for Dashel?
>>
I wanna try Nicodem at some point, going off the schemes and stones budget list. I already have crooligans. Do I really need necropunks if I have a bunch of dead orphans?
>>
Hey, thinking about introducing Malifaux to our nerd association over where I live, would getting the starter set be a good idea?
>>
>>50425465
You would need it and two crew boxes, ideally Sonnia and Lilith's, in order to have full games. Otherwise yeah, it comes with fate decks and tape measurers (Not the shitty sticks that other two player starter sets come with). Then set up some markers and terrain, and you should be groovy.
>>
>>50425502
What's good for markers? We already have a ton of terrain for Warhammer
>>
>>50424553
He gives out + to Sh and focus as a (0) so Riflemen are the obvious go to. His ability specifically forbids austringers from benefiting. Wardens, Guard, Sergeants, Mounties, Pathfinders, and Hounds are all Guardsmen as well.

You can do a Guild Guard tarpit and the + flips can make that Sh4 tolerable. Riflemen gunline is a thing, though very fragile. Wardens are boss in general. Hounds can get surprisingly dangerous with focus. Pathfinders can drop blasts pretty easily with free focus as well. You also might get good use from Allison and her guardsmen-friendly trigger.

The problem all non-Warden guardsmen have is that they're rather fragile.

For Dashel himself, his summoning is a given. I occasionally run Dampening Field if I'm expecting annoying auras I want to turn off.

Lucius and McCabe are the obvious friends of Dashel with all the obeys or minion buffing. Dita doesn't mind the extra activations while she runs off murdering things. McMourning is an option for precise. Sonnia is pretty locked in to blastfest. Hoffman likes his robo bros too much. Nellie prefers a more elite crew. Lady J could benefit from some decent covering fire and point defense.
>>
>>50425532
Malifaux uses 30mm markers, mainly for schemes, but it will also need some for corpses and scrap depending on what you are using. Either use 30mm bases and label them accordingly, use the faction logos on the sides of the boxes (They are exactly 30mm), or by some acrylic ones from custom meeple and the like. And remember, you can get steep discounts on new products via ebay.
>>
>>50425603
But I thought markers where supposed to be completely flat, like stickers. Won't it be a bit cumbersome to use bases?
>>
>>50425628
You can put the model on top of bases. In the end they are just for show. The game doesn't use TLoS so it's not like having a model on top of another base will affect anything.
>>
>>50425646
Gotcha, thanks
>>
>>50425465
The starter does a pretty good job of introducing the rules and as everything you need to play. Like >>50425502 said the next step is getting some crew boxes and doing some full size games.

The themed crews that fit with the starter box are 'The Torch and the Blade - Sonnia Criid' and 'Mother of Monsters - Lilith'. Both are good for starting their given faction.

>>50425532
Mostly you need 30mm bases or cutouts, you will also need 50mm for blasts or abilities that use them.

>>50425646
I love that Malifaux is top down like that.
>>
File: IMG_0466.jpg (158KB, 1308x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0466.jpg
158KB, 1308x1600px
Hey folks, I got a tournament coming up sat and after winning the last one with arcanists I'm thinking my gremlins need redemption.
So as last time the boards will be blind but the schemes and strats have been posted, they are....
Round 1
Deployment: Standard
Strategy: Guard the Stash
Schemes: Convict Labor
Show of Force
Hunting Party
Covert Breakthrough
Inspection

Round 2
Deployment: Flank
Strategy: Headhunter
Take Prisoner
Exhaust Their Forces
Frame for Murder
Occupy their Turf

Round 3
Deployment: Standard
Strategy: Extraction
Leave your Mark
Hunting Party
Set Up
Inspection

I'm thinking of having Wong, Ophelia, and my brewmaster obey list to throw out, with ulix hanging around if I think I might be able to get away with playing him.

Thoughts? suggestions?
>>
>>50412139
She really likes beaters, on both sides, to obey.

She generally benefits from more "elite" crews then other gremlin masters.
>>
>>50424848
anyone?
>>
>>50426530
Necropunks have the advantage of leap, hard to kill, and self-healing. Both of them serve as scheme runners and play slightly differently with different concerns for keeping them safe.
>>
>>50426664
So it's mostly personal preference? I plan to get punks later for Levi's sake, but I'm trying to keep to budget for now
>>
>>50426675
I like the crooligans for the fog against shooty crews, but the Necropunks can get out of melee a lot easier. Plus, Crooligans can do (or fake) inspection without investing a huge amount.
>>
>>50421945
She works really well with Tara, and I like her a lot with Seamus as well. I don't take her at all with Molly, Kirai, or Nicodem because that ten you're holding onto could be an entire other model instead.
>>
>>50417392
>is there a sizeable contingent out there that exclusively plays at Hench-TO'd tournaments?
My FLGS has nearly constant running leagues of some kind. Generally bizarre slow-grow leagues.

These are all headed by a jackass henchman
>>
File: IMG_0262.jpg (159KB, 514x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0262.jpg
159KB, 514x474px
So uh....I pretty much got a henchman status.
Long story short our local henchman is burned out, and I suspect his family life is weighing him down.
anyway I asked if he wanted me to take over and if he wants he can come back at any time. Two messages to the miniature liaison at the fgs and he told me to apply on the 7th and He'd put in a word to expidite the process....yay?
>>
>>50426286
>Wong
>Wong
>Wong

Everything ASPLODE!
>>
>>50429749
I was actually already leaning pretty hard towards Wong, but it kinda depends on my opponent as well. Current list I'm thinking with him is....
50 SS Gremlins Crew
Wong + 4 Pool
- A Gremlin's Luck (1)
- Do Over (1)
Old Cranky (4)
McTavish (10)
- On Yer Tip Toes (1)
- Hide In The Mud (1)
Trixibelle (8)
- A Gun For A Lady (1)
Sammy LaCroix (7)
- Ooo Glowy (1)
Rooster Rider (6)
Rooster Rider (6)
Stuffed Piglet (2)
>>
>>50421694
Shes fun. I dunno if it was legal but theres a scheme where you get VP for having an enforcer or henchman above half health or something at the end of the game.

Last turn I shot Bete Noire in the back to kill her then brought her back for the VP. It won me the game and was pretty funny.

It was when I was still new to the game so I might have cheated, I can't remember.
>>
My friend want to get into Malifaux.
He is rather power-gamer. What two masters and some boxes would be a good start for Arcanists?
>>
>>50433652
Before I would've said Ramos and Colette hands down, but Sandeep may give them a run for their money as the most effective Arcanist masters.

Ramos and Colette are still great together, though, since Colette loves beaters like Howard and Ramos likes Cassandra and the practiced production upgrade for most marker strategies. The also both love the Mech. Rider, which is still one of the strongest models in the game.
>>
>>50433652
Ramos and Colette are pretty ezmode, so that's for him.
>>
Bringing my 10T to game night tonight. I really want to try out the emissary and wandering river monks. No idea which master to play, though.
>>
>>50425559
Dogs screening Riflemen with Dashel between seems like it should be a decent line.

I just picked up the Lucius box, and it looks decent - possibly apart from the discards needed for so many tricks - so I don't understand the terrible reputation he has.

>>50427428
Huh, surprising.
There's barely any sort of officiated leagues at my FLGS, just a bunch of playerbases for a bunch of games.
>>
Does anyone have any henchmen hard-core tips? I'm planning on running with Hannah as my leader but I'm not sure what to fill out the rest of my list with.
>>
>>50438664
I'd prioritise killty stuff with decent card numbers - eliminating activations is a big deal when you only have 4.
Similarly Slow, Paralyse and Reactivate are big deals.
But with a smaller hand, you can't rely on getting your suits, or cheating, so don't bank on triggers that aren't baked in, or on low numbers without built in +ves.
>>
>>50438608
Lucius is the worst master in the game becase he is crazy resource intensive to turn master AP into minion AP. He's not unplayable by any stretch and book 4 helped tremendously, but he is definitely the worst master in the game.
>>
>>50439589
>>50439589
I'm new to Guild.
If you're running fairly in-theme, are Guild Guard-type Minions that crap Wp-wise?
Either way, 18" on Commanding Presence, even if you have to cheat the Horror duels, is some great AP utility, surely?
>>
>>50439589
A buddy of mine runs two types of lists with him, either a warden/changlings list or Lucius a scribe and 6 illuminated. Both lists do fairly well, but I've been pummeling the crap out of him because I know how to neuter the lists.
>>
>>50439897
Every time you use commanding presence it means your master walked instead of taking a more powerful action, and even if you brought a Lawyer or Sergeant to help with the duels it's imposing an extra constraint on your positioning (and you still might need to burn the occasional card).

Compared to things like Machine Puppetry or Prompt that have extra bennies, or Obeys that can hit a much wider selection of models, or even Lucius' own Issue Command... it's just not super great.
>>
File: Lucius and Lawyers.jpg (94KB, 1008x684px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius and Lawyers.jpg
94KB, 1008x684px
>>50441101
But it has twice the range of Prompt, which still needs a 6 and doesn't move Colette at all, and Hoffman's Machine Puppetry is even shorter range and doesnt allow triggers.

Managing Lucius' position looks way easier if you can do half of what you're doing with him while staying mobile, and with the range that you only have to work around LoS for the most part.

Yes, Issue Command doesn't carry the risk of Paralysing the target and has decent triggers (arguably as roughly good as P/MP), but it also necessitates Lucius being closer to the front line and remaining stationary.

Admittedly, needing to natural a 7-9 on the Horrow duel is less likely than the 6s Prompt/Puppetry requires, so is more likely to eat precious control cards.
>>
Right now I have

McCabe's box
Misaki's Box
Guild Hounds
Dawn Serpent
Lone Swordsman
Yamaziko

I know that this is a tired question, but I am wondering what other things I should get for McCabe. The S&S budget guide says that Sidir is better replaced with something else, but I am not sure what. I just want to see how to run Triad Indiana Jones well.
>>
Hey, /tg/. I'm more into the competitive side of gaming than the fluffy side, and I was thinking of getting in with Dreamer/Lynch/Pandora. Are these good masters/crews to start out with? Looking forward to getting some games in!
>>
>>50444455
They are definitely good choices. The Dreamer especially is a very competitive master, though you will need to fill in all of his summons.
>>
>>50424199
She's wearing a girdle so she's likely already fat underneath.
>>
>>50444455
To utilize dreamer you'll need a lot of summons
>>
>>50443690
You have pretty much what you need to run McCabe. I've heard good things about torakage with reactivate and the lightsaber. The sword makes any minion hit like a ton of bricks, just remember they are expendable, and you will probably only get one model with them befor they croak. My advice would be remember where 10" bubble ends on mccabe and have a plan to let the minion die in it after you have killed something of theirs.
>>
>>50445406
>>50445893
What summons should I be looking for?
>>
>>50443690
Jorogumo, Bros, and snipers are all I'd add
>>
>>50449304
You'll probably want his whole pool. Stitched, Insidious Madness, the twins. You can probably live without the Bandersnatch for now.
>>
>>50449488
Yeah, pretty much what this anon listed. Stitched will fuck shit up, madness run schemes like hell and Lilitu fucks plans up. Teddy of course straight to the list.
>>
>>50449488
>>50449699
That's surprisingly not THAT much. Is there anything else I'd be looking for for those master's lists?

Also, how do summons/summoning pools work?
>>
>>50452500
If you have a summon action, it will tell you what you can summon. Dreamer can summon any Nightmare, but the TN of the action is based on the model's SS cost. So a 5SS Insidious Madness is easier to summon than a 6SS Stitched.

General Dreamer inclusions are Widow Weaver for Wp reduction, paralyzing, maybe summoning Teddy; Tannen to help you summon Teddy and drain cards from your opponent; Doppelganger for general utility; Hooded Rider for a self sufficient beater; and Vasilisa to make your stitched crazy mobile.

There's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
Anyone checking this new info released about The Other Side? Looks neat
>>
>>50454014
>new info released about The Other Side?
wat?
>>
>>50454117
https://www.wyrd-games.net/the-other-side

Basically What The Fuck Is Going On Over On Earth: The Game
>>
>>50454128
I like some of the concepts. Movement trays in mass combat for example just make sense, especially if you have ever played 40K Apocalypse. However I don't like how everything is using preassembled PVC figures. I can deal with shit detail if they pass on the savings on to us, but unlike Steamforged and Mantic they haven't done so with their existing PVC figures (The Tortoise+Hare pack are actually MORE expensive than their hard plastic equivalents). I will have to wait and see exactly what they peddle when the Kickstarter hits.
>>
>>50454264
>>50454264
>I like some of the concepts.

>However I don't like how everything is using preassembled PVC figures.
>I can deal with shit detail if they pass on the savings on to us
>The Tortoise+Hare pack are actually MORE expensive than their hard plastic equivalents.

This is very closely aligned with my thoughts.
Game looks potentially very cool, like the M2E-like system that looks like it might be coming, but the pre-assembled figures just aren't that great, and I have little faith that the PVC will mean it's affordable to get into.
Especially as Bongland Pounds Sterling continues to die off against every currency under the sun.
>>
>>50454661
Definitely agree with liking the the concepts and the factions/fluff thus far. I'm kinda hopeful that the tortoise and hare's extra cost was from it being a special thing.

Did Aionus cost any more than usual for a solo henchman?
>>
>>50455674
Actually, yes. $15 rather than the standard $11. There is certainly a chance that they will make the figures cheaper when the KS hits.
>>
>>50455716
Alright, I wasn't sure and couldn't look it up from here. I'm still holding out some hope. Don't love the fluff for most larger scale games
>>
File: Chaptain Goodfellow.jpg (65KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Chaptain Goodfellow.jpg
65KB, 1000x1000px
Got to say, the pics on the TOS pages look fucking great.
Especially the Abyssinians - they look by far the most interesting, in my opinion.
Kindom looks pretty cool too, though I'm waiting for more pics.
Like the Fatedeck design too.

[spoilers]The Tyranids though...
>>
>>50455853
Yeeeeah... and I was looking forward to the hordes too. Might go Tyrant General cult if I get into it instead. Something about that mass of dragon appeals to me.
>>
File: Abyssinia_CrowRunner.jpg (151KB, 750x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssinia_CrowRunner.jpg
151KB, 750x1316px
>>50455853
>[spoilers]
Bugger.
Anyway, it's a Carnifex wearing a conch, right?

Pic related is presumably one of the upcoming Abyssinian units.
>>
>never played a game of malifaux
>bought about $240 worth of shit

I need help
>>
>>50456171
Nah,it was the right call.
What did you get?
>>
>>50456366
I already was leaning towards outcasts (almost finished painting Victoria's), so I got the yellow Jack Daw box. And since he runs a lot of rezzer models, I got the special mcmourning. And Johan works great with daw so picked up the special edition of that as well.

But mcmourning is half guild and I liked the look of neliie, so may as well have a second guild master, who works great with the ronin I already have.

And throw on Parker cuz outcasts.
>>
>>50456598
Oof, good haul.

You'll be well set to get started with sll that.

What are you going to play first?
>>
>>50456709
Probably Daw, I take painting kinda seriously so it takes a long time to get models from box to field. For daw, I pretty much have to base and paint up some nurses.
>>
>>50455853
The King's Empire is the only one that doesn't make me automatically go "I NEED THIS". Even the conchifex pulls me in.
>>
File: IMG_0469.jpg (203KB, 688x1272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
203KB, 688x1272px
Played Wong for the first time tonight vs barrows. Chose convict labor...that was a poor choice. But mctavish made his points focus shooting the minions for hunting party.
He knew better than to bunch up with Wong and I kind of felt that ophelia might have been a better pick.
So question, my list is currently pick related, if I drop Sammy + glowy, add in a stuffed piglet, and a lightning bug and 2 extra stones do you think that would make up for +1 damage on mctavish?
>>
>>50397829
Well Anna should stop them being able to Push Hayreddin around.
>>
>>50459438
You never want to drop Sammy. If anything, Trixi is filler in your list
>>
Should i play Von Schill or McMourning today?
>>
>>50461072
Doug.
>>
>>50461101
Well if i get the chance to play today I'll give Doug an outing.
I'm tempted to try out Queeg with him in Guild, but on the other hand i have Anna and Yin now...
>>
Does anyone know where I can find the encounter rules for university of transmortis online?
>>
>>50460437
Never thought about that in this list cause I consider trixy the gremlin auto-include usually but you are probably right in this case.
Alright so we drop trixy, do you think the lighting bug, additional stuffed piglet and extra ss will be good or should I bring along a taxidermist instead?
>>
>>50462939
Also worth noting I have merris which has done synergy with the "discard draw" that Sammy and cranky got going on
>>
>>50462948
Merris is definitely good in Wong. She drops schemes very easily and Wong and her can place a lot of markers in very inconvenient points.

>>50462939
Not a fan of the taxidermist. Would rather have lightning bugs in lists for armor usually.
Also would prefer slop haulers. Since healing flips are not duels or damage flips, wong gets benefit from gremlin's luck, not to mention that it's yet another model with bayou 2 card which saves your hand exclusively for wong.
>>
>>50463028
Oh hadn't considered a slip hauler. Yeah that might be a good 'un considering his attack drops their defense to a 4 as well.
>>
>>50463028
Which do you consider the better glory target laz or mctavish?
>>
>>50463245
*glowy
>>
TOS looks pretty neat. Everything looks cool, but I'm gaga for Abyssinia.
>>
>>50464521
I'm gonna have a hard time oicking between cultists, Brits and murlocs
>>
>>50463245
completely circumstantial, I do like Mctavish because he's not getting the merc tax and ignoring cover, into melee, and armor, which is a big fuck you to just about everything the opponent can do.
>>
>>50463245
>>50466209
If you're playing Wong, I'd say McTavish is the better Glowy target - your opponent's going to be spacing their models out anyway, so you're looking predominantly at the single-target damage anyway.
>>
>>50468369
Can confirm. Glowy McTavish is redonk.
>>
>>50469443
He worked really well in my game last night but I wasn't sure.
>>
Anyone wanna give me a crash course in Ophelia? I know she NEEDS Lenny but I'm kinda not sure where to go after that. Out of all the gremlin masters what schemes or strats would you choose her for?
>>
>>50473181
She likes Old Cranky since she can collect soul stones pretty easily.

Honestly Ophelia is restricted by enemy's model selection rather than schemes. She just kills stuff, but she doesn't like seeing certain things. She doesn't want to fight ht 1 stuff, she doesn't want to see factions that can consume, and she doesn't want to face Perdita since she can shoot back for every shot Ophelia puts out.
>>
>>50473181
She doesn't really need anything. She kills things and can help move kin around. Build her self sufficient and a crew to suit the strat and schemes.
>>
>>50416395
Unnerving Aura on Molly? You realise she's going to sit 6" away from the fight most of the time right?

Same deal for necrotic preparation. Melee is not where Molly wants to be.
>>
>>50473720
>>50474954
Hmm alright then. Play her like a super solo then kinda like mah but shooty.

Speaking of Mah I've been thinking about putting a whiskey golem into her list with that new upgrade on him.
>>
>>50475292
For what purpose though?

Do it right doesn't work on it since it's not a Gremlin.

If you really want to use the golem (I know the temptation is really high) use it when Zipp releases since he can be repaired and be a super mobile beater.
>>
>>50475318
Not a bad idea but I had the thought of using it with mah's "let mah handle this" action since he's faster by a smidge.
Over all I consider the whiskey golem a poor model and I'm just trying to find a use for it that isn't in a shitty brewmaster build.
>>
>>50475376
I honestly think he would be good in the Zipp list.

Much easier to use than Mech Porkchop if you want to add some constructs in the list
>>
>>50475417
Fair, I have zipp on order from my Lgs. I love that upgrade "drop the pianos"

Not sure I'm gonna do full on zapp brannigan considering so many others have been doing that, but I'm defiantly thinking about a 50's sci-fi theme with him and his crew.
>>
File: 1263659102402.jpg (185KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1263659102402.jpg
185KB, 1024x768px
>>50475528
I'm gonna do Rocketeer for mine. It should be easy enough to do a headswap or shave the mask down to sculpt the helmet.
>>
File: Marvin_the_Martian.svg.png (151KB, 594x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Marvin_the_Martian.svg.png
151KB, 594x1024px
>>50475528
Go full Looney Toons
>>
Is the University of Transmortis set worth getting for Karina summons or to use with Levi?
>>
>>50476501
Valedictorian is really the only one worth hiring. The Students are expensive because they are summonable, not so much because they are worth that cost. Punk Zombies do the job just fine unless you want to target specific models.
>>
>>50476501
Yes, the student of viscera is a rude as fuck summon.
>>
>>50476904
>Yes, the student of viscera is a rude as fuck summon.
This statement is both intriguing and hilarious.
Elaborate?
I don't have my books to hand.
>>
File: IMG_0471.png (1MB, 1202x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.png
1MB, 1202x800px
>>50476253
Might be cool, I was thinking more visually similar to the nuka girl costume from fallout 4
>>
>>50455853
The only issue being that the models will be preassembled, which I assume will be PVC instead of their regular plastic.
>>
>>50478779
The students are pretty much Punk Zombies minus Slice and Dice, except they have bonuses against undead, living, or armor. So you can summon one to counter specific models in your opponents crew. Dropping a Student of Steel on an armored up crew, for example, will see you cutting through them like a hot knife through butter. Especially if it's Tara unburying them while Fast.
>>
>>50480909
>preassembled
...aaand TOS continues to have nothing to offer to me.
>>
I'm seeing a lot of whinging around the general internet regarding Wyrd and Kickstarter, specifically a shitty track record of delivering on them efficiently.

Anyone have any more info/background thye could provide?

>>50480909
I'm pretty sure that's already confirmed - the Izamu/December and Aeiounius boxes were tests of the material and production line.

>>50484028
A lot of the art suggests the models wills till be sexy as fuck.
But I agree it's kind of a bummer.
>>
>>50483994
As a Tara player this greatly excites me
>>
>>50484087
The only info I seem to find is that Wyrd's Kickstarter projects where incredibly delayed.
>>
>>50484087
Kickstarter is always a bit of a crapshoot. I trust Wyrd so I'm getting in, but I can understand why folks are hesitant.

As for the pre-assembled PVC, I'm more concerned about the material than the assembly. Though if given the choice between assembling another Abuela and pre-assembled, that's an easy choice for me.
>>
File: Changling.jpg (36KB, 210x552px) Image search: [Google]
Changling.jpg
36KB, 210x552px
Sup guys.
A couple of months ago I made pic related...
>>
File: Changlings - Sprue (1).jpg (295KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Changlings - Sprue (1).jpg
295KB, 1600x1200px
>>50485423
And then a couple of minutes ago, poking around GMorts blog, I found pic related.
>>
>>50485411
As somebody with a necrotic machine missing way too many pieces, I'm alright with pre assembled
>>
>>50485411
Material is the larger issue. If it is like other PVC low detail crap that runs at the same price as regular models, then I really will have to pass. If we enjoy prices similar to Reaper's pre-assembled PVC figures or at least the Dust pre-assembled PVC figures then I could deal with it. Just from the renders though you can see that there isn't as much detail going on. The dragon thing that the cultists have for example is very flat, in stark contrast to let's say the Shadow Emissary which is absolutely groovy to drybrush because the detail is so crisp and well defined.
>>
>>50486592
It's going to be the same stuff that Aionus and the Tortoise and Hare box are made of, can't speak to the quality as I don't own either of them but I don't think they were horribly received.
>>
>>50487229
>>50486592
The only guy I know at my FLGS that has Aeiounius never paints his models.

But the bare details look decent to me, and looking through the box window on the Tortoise & Hare, the detail on Luther looks comparable to the normal plastics.
>>
>>50487229
Problem with aionus is that he's pre assembled, making painting him a chore
>>
>>50487229
If it is anything like Privateer Press's it shouldn't be too bad. I think that price will be a big factor on whether the game is tenable or not. It is a mass combat game on a 6'x4' table to naturally you will need a lot more in the way of figures, and if the figures are as expensive as the current PVC models then it wouldn't really work out as each army would set you back $400. Hopefully PVC comes out well for more complicated models with more complicated geometry, as Genbu is much simpler than Izamu.
>>
What's a good neverborn drop for gremlins?

Wp is scary hard due to Pandora and I'm not sure what would work.
>>
Starting out the game with McCabe and co. I am wondering what the best way to improve this basic 50ss crew would be.

McCabe + 2 Pool
- Badge Of Speed (2)
- Glowing Saber (2)
- Strangemetal Shirt (1)
Luna (4)
Sidir Archibal (9)
- By Your Side (1)
The Lone Swordsman (8)
- Recalled Training (1)
Dawn Serpent (10)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
>>
>>50488956
Liquid bravery and just trying to neuter the rest of dora's list?
>>
>>50490577
For your consideration torakage are really good, + flips when 3'' away from allies is pretty boss....also I think that unless you just really like the dogs the BS companion shenanigans have been fixed so you may be better off with wastrals now.
>>
Can someone tell me what paint they used to make Zipp look like Zap Bradigan?
Also anyone got recommendations for what to buy for Assembly and Paint? My dad used to buy all that stuff but I don't live with him anymore so idk what to buy.
>>
File: Zapp_Brannigan.png (109KB, 360x550px) Image search: [Google]
Zapp_Brannigan.png
109KB, 360x550px
>>50491062
well I would probably go with a dark red like maphiston from GW for the Velour uniform, gold or if you want the more cartoonish color mustard yellow for the trim, and then white boots.

beginners tools-
precision wire cutters
super glue (I like the loctite liquid)
an exacto knife
some paint brushes (most hobby stores have a set of like 20 of all different sorts for 5 bucks)
Cheap paint, apple barrel and folkart are the cheapest. Be aware that these brands are very thick as far as pigments go and I would recommend that you take a look at how to thin paints.
a can of spray paint (start with black or grey as a primer, use white only if you wanna get bright colors) I recommend that you also look up how to spray models proper, coating them too thick will ruin your models. Granted you can throw these into simple green later to strip them, but it's generally better not to fuck them up in the first place.
Last beginner tool, take a look at the GW washes seraphim sepia, nuln oil, and agrax earthshade. These are expensive but trust me when I say they are skill in a bottle. It may take a couple times to understand how they will flow into the cracks but once you master how to use them in combination with skills like drybrushing you will be golden for just getting your stuff to tabletop quality.

As for Reading material the CMON (cool mini or not) painting guide is pretty decent and readily available all over the net.
>>
>>50491023
Thanks for the advice. I will swap in a wastrel and a torakage in and see how they run.
>>
>>50491560
np dood. I think dogs are alright but when you are running 4 + luna....I start to think that 16 points could be spent better somewhere else.
>>
>>50490577
Get Promises on McCabe and swap Sidir for the Emissary.
>>
>>50492060
That sounds solid. I assume that I just throw the shirt on the emissary and have it hand out upgrades as per usual? I will have to pick up that model next time I am at the store.
>>
>>50492277
If you want the Shirt, give it to McCabe and save yourself a stone. But yeah, the big guy can pass out another upgrade, push your models around, give out Fast, and generally be just really damn solid.
>>
I've got Zipp coming in and I already have Wong, Brewy, and Zoraida. What goes well with green Zapp Brannigan?
>>
>>50496540
Iron skeeters, sparks, mech pork chop, someone mentioned a whisky golem, bayou gremlins wouldn't be a bad one because at 3 points they are never bad, rooster riders, and if you wanna bring Zapps's first mate "Kipp" then you might want stuff that can manipulate scheme markers like Merris, or trixy. I've been trying to think of a way to stack more than 3 scheme markers on turn one and have "Kipp" leap, drop one on top of the stack and remove all of them and gain 4 armor for the rest of the game on turn 1.
>>
Are punk zombies needed for ressers!Tara?
>>
>>50498174
Punk zombies are nice to have and you rarely will come across a better melee model to summon for Ressers. That said you don't need them if you don't liek them, you have options in ressers. I don't take them with Tara, but then again I don't play Tara in ressers.
>>
>>50491023
What's changed with the Hounds shenanigans?
There's only a couple of people playing Lucas at my local, so I've only played him once.

>>50492060
Why is Sidir so pants?
I don't have my books to hand, but a boxed set Henchman with a scimitar and machine gun should be doing some good work, surely.
>>50497083
>"Kipp" leap, drop one on top of the stack and remove all of them and gain 4 armor for the rest of the game on turn 1.
Gross.
>>
>>50498269
I mostly meant as a summon for Karina
>>
>>50498782
In order
>Hounds
The hounds changed because one of the tricks would be to give a dog reactivate and a saber then run him twice on your next activation, then because of how companion is worded he could select himself and because of reactivate he could go again, charge, most likely kill something then run back to mccabes bubble and die to hand the stuff back.
You can now not companion to the same model.
>Sidir
Sidir is alright but gets outshined by lots of stuff in both factions, if he were a little more survivable or his damage track were a little better he would be tops, but he has a problem that 9 points+ upgrades doesn't do a whole lot for your crew except act as a promises caddy, and if we are being honest the Emissary with McCabe's upgrade is just better for another point.

>Kipp
I agree, but when you boil it down you have to take at least like 22 points before it starts to get absurd and narsty and I can think of other stuff I'd rather do with 22 points.

That said Trixy and "Kipp" are gonna run together in my list a lot for that reason.

>>50498861
get 1, it will rarely happen but on the offchance it does have one on standby. I'd also say the same for a drowned.
>>
>>50499037
Yeah, I plan on getting Drowned for her and maybe Molly and eventual Jack
>>
>>50499037
Ah, the self-companion things does sound pretty bullshit - or at least directly counter to the spirit of the rule.

Am I right in thinking that you can't Activate and then Reactivate the same model as your final two activations now?
>>
>>50498782
Hounds are always solid, but they can't chain activate themselves if you give them Reactivate.

Sidir is nice enough, but for that 10SS the Emissary provides a lot more utility. I like Sidir in Guild for Debt to the Guild + multiple shots with the tommy gun.
>>
>>50499090
You can do that if it's your last model, you just can't activate the same model then use its companion/accomplice ability to activate it again.
>>
>>50499127
Oooh, handy.
I play Colette - with things like Prompt's Final Act (Reactivate then Sac) trigger, and Performer's Precious (upon death, 1 Showgirl or Minion withing 2" gets Reactivate) that gives you a shit of a lot of end-of-turn utility.

Am I right in thinking that, if I want to kill one of my own Performers, to relent a Df duel I still flip for and have to beat the Performer?
>>
File: Do you even Drink.png (176KB, 257x414px) Image search: [Google]
Do you even Drink.png
176KB, 257x414px
>>50499063
Is that you Levi/Dufresne anon?! Watch out cause a real doc is in town!
>>
>>50499319
If you relent you count as tying, so the attacker would win and you'd have a double negative flip to damage.
>>
>>50499632
Bugger - getting a Performer in place on 2 Wounds is that bit harder than 4 or 5.
This makes the Reactivating Rail Worker with +Flips to both Ml and Damage (2/4/5) far less probable, whereas if it was only a single negative initially it would go to straight and cheatable.

Can I choose to flip Ml vs Df?

These are all rules cases that I should probably know.
>>
>>50499562
I think he lost his medical license when he let everyone around him die.
>>
>>50497083
I used the first mate 3 times so far. The first and second game he didn't do much but the third game I positioned him better and got to armor 3 and denied a bunch of points. He's got a big target on him now that I use him better
>>
>>50501712
When attacking your own models you can choose to relent or flip normally.
>>
So I got a burt jebson and the old metal zoraida over a cauldron today.

Them included I just need to finish 25 models and all my gremlins are painted. Now that I have Burt though I want to know what some combos are with him and other masters...I hear he's a pretty good glowy target, and good in an ophelia crew with a couple of stuffed piglets around.
>>
>>50505453
Burt is just fucking great everywhere. He's a tanky son of a bitch. Honestly, the only place I would not take Burt would be in a Ulix list and even then, I think he has merit for deflecting damage to other pigs.
>>
>>50506630
He can also make pigs charge for free with the sic' 'em trigger.

Yeah I think I'm gonna make him a priority above my bayou gremlins after I get home tomorrow night, get him and the young lacroix done before sunday's tournament at least.
>>
So the lucky emissary, I've heard a few people use it for mah tucket, but what are some other masters who really want the Rolling pig wheel?
>>
>>50506772
Somer's the only one I can think of since getting possitive twists on bayou two card is very good. Everyone else, it's a silly luxury item and a liability for Ophelia since she doesn't like tall things
>>
>>50438608
>There's barely any sort of officiated leagues at my FLGS, just a bunch of playerbases for a bunch of games.
My community pretty much refuses to show up and play games if it isn't for a league or similar.
>>
Can't wait for my Black Friday stuff to come in and build/play with it.

Now that it's over, how did /tg/ make out?
>>
>>50509727
Ordered: some orange bases, a miss Anne Thorpe, alt Bob Ross, alt firestarter, will o the wisps, goryo, a Mei fang poster, and the 10 thunders rider (I forget how you spell his name).
For my buddy I got, the pen is mightier, sonia poster, witchling thralls, dead outlaws, and the twisted ink deck. So that we could hit the 300 dollar mark and I could get the ressers stuff, giving him the bishop and guild sarge cause I already own 3 metal bishops and have no interest in playing guild.
Once I have the alt nicodiem I think I'll be more inspired to finish up the last three masters for my ressers. (Alt nico, dufrense, and yan lo)
>>
>>50510041
Thinking about it now I probably should have ordered the lucky emissary considering how difficult it is for the flgs to get stuff in.

But with zipp on the way, I'm only missing that, sparks, and the survivors and I'll own the entire gremlin faction.
>>
>>50506841
>possitive twists on bayou two card
Whaaaaat?
Surely that defeats the poitn of the Two-Card?
I know the Emmissary is supposed to crank up the theme shenanigans to 11, but that's riddick.

>>50508983
That anon again.
To be fair, apart from WarmaHordes and Kill Team, there's basically four or five dedicated players of each game and then a whole bunch orbiting the rest of the systems.
>>
>>50509727
I got Wisps, Terracottas, Dead Outlaws, and Witchling Thralls. Little bit of love for Zoraida, Lucius, and Jack.
>>
File: 2560x1440_the_other_side_battle.png (5MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2560x1440_the_other_side_battle.png
5MB, 2560x1440px
Bump!

Also, thread needs more The Other Side Hype!

>Which faction are you rocking with and why isnt it gibbering Kaiju?
>How do you feel about it being preassembled?
>Do you think they'll ever cross over the game with malifaux? Ala warmachine and hordes?
>You going to drop a lot on the kickstarter?
>>
File: Concerned Chino.jpg (148KB, 460x590px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Chino.jpg
148KB, 460x590px
>>50515539
>Which faction are you rocking with and why isnt it gibbering Kaiju?
Whatever is in the two player starter, so probably Kaiju and the WW1 guys

>How do you feel about it being preassembled?
It's shit, but if the costs are cut then I can deal with it. I hope that they are fine with conversions and proxies though.

>Do you think they'll ever cross over the game with malifaux? Ala warmachine and hordes?
The scales of the games are entirely different and they explicitly said that mechanically they are going to say distinct. That said I can imagine that there might be some characters represented on both sides. Once we get a Three Kingdoms and Guild representative especially. Guys like McCabe for example still go earthside for some missions, so we can wait and see what happens.

>You going to drop a lot on the kickstarter?
Whatever it takes to get one full army. That said I am going to be cautious as Wyrd wasn't exactly prompt with their last Kickstarter. Also Kingdom Death is tempting me to give them more and more.

I do hope to see the game actually get big or played at least to the point where I can enjoy it with people who aren't just my closest friends. Most Kickstarter minis games never become that prominent, though seeing things like Guild Ball take off has given me hope.
>>
>>50515656

>KDM

Yeah was thinking of adding that to the post but didn't know if their was a whole lot of cross interest. I'm a pretty big wargamer, love me some wholesome ameritrash board gaming, but I'm like the only one I know of heavily into both. It's strange but yeah.
>>
>>50515715
I am sure that everyone who is really into minis in general has given mind to that Kickstarter. In the end The Other Side will be in the same market as all the other Kickstarters that offer tons and tons of plastic, as minis are surprisingly easy to sell on that platform these days.
>>
>>50515833

Wish that held true for relic knight minis, lol
>>
I got Miss Terious in my Zipp box.

What should I do with the mini? I really have no desire to expand into guild.
>>
>>50520944
Sell it for $30+ on ebay
Or trade it

Or give it to me for free, but I understand that I won't be that lucky
>>
How do most people check the stats of units while playing on vassal?
Is there a different module people use that includes the stats?
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.