[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1200: But I Don't Have A Cat Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 658
Thread images: 64

File: JC.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
JC.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>50437660
>>
File: 593874589375983475.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
593874589375983475.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>50448263
But OP, I *do* have a cat.
>>
What would happen if I used Merging+Aspect Manifestation on a Supernatural angel like Zachariah? Assuming it would even work (which I'm doubtful of for several reasons), would it get the rest of Heaven gunning for my ass? I know God himself probably wouldn't care, given his abandonment and the fact he doesn't mind our deuteragonists (who have killed several angels a piece and aren't exactly moral paragons themselves), but I assume that the rest of the Host would start looking for me. Whether they could find me is another matter entirely, but that's beside the point.
>>
File: tits1477271608470.jpg (424KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tits1477271608470.jpg
424KB, 1600x1200px
>>50448263
>Cat
I never leave home without mine. Though sometimes I don't leave home because of mine.
>>
On the topic of animals, Jumpers! What are your pets? What are peoples reactions when they first encounter your 'pet'?
>>
File: Cat from Saturn.jpg (224KB, 582x750px) Image search: [Google]
Cat from Saturn.jpg
224KB, 582x750px
>>50448707
I don't know if you really wanna know about my cat...
>>
Are there any skills that let you call down a meteor and only affect your enemies? Magical or otherwise.
>>
Fashion Model has a clothing line following you. Overlord has an inn. But is there a generic ship option?
>>
>>50448801
*Shop

fuck
>>
>>50448801
Uncharted Waters, even has an Import option.
>>
File: b814a57428e4594bbdba728ee596c8df.jpg (134KB, 1200x945px) Image search: [Google]
b814a57428e4594bbdba728ee596c8df.jpg
134KB, 1200x945px
>>50448707
I keep a whole podpack of these things.
>>
>>50448807
Oh I'm this dude >>50448809 and I'd say Terreria has some of merchants follow you around. That whatcha lookin for?
>>
I lacked the foresight to buy a pod when I set up my Warehouse. Is there anything else with that functionality? I need one for my plan to dump one of Perfect Lionheart's SIs into Sonichu.
>>
>>50448807
Look for jumps with marketing or alchemy themes, those generally have things like that. Think monopoly might have one.
>>
>>50448707
I have a giant derpy bird-pupper, a humanoid shark the size of an office block, and a piranhaconda.
Reactions are...not so positive.

>>50448839
Blue feather them? But, ew.
>>
>>50448839
Got bad news for you anon, the Blue Feather requires you to marry your intended companion.
>>
File: Confused.jpg (109KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.jpg
109KB, 400x400px
>>50448846
>>50448853
Wasn't it just like five or six threads ago that someone harassed Gaunlet about that? Now here it's being exploited openly. Is the thread against it or not? This is a serious question, I'm getting mixed vibes here.
>>
>>50448707
I have a crow named Faust. People find it a little odd but only freak out when he transforms into a monster, starts talking, or steals their jewelry. We are working on that last thing.
>>
>>50448883
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that different people have different opinions on the thing, with obvious positive bias on the part of any and all waifufags. Which probably comes of the fact Harvest Moon was never actually finished as a jump before someone made the pastebin into a PDF and it got uploaded.

It was the early days. We were still trying to figure out what was what.
>>
>>50448883
I missed that, anon. Personally I don't see a problem with Blue Feather, so long as the jumper actually is in romantic love (qv "special someone"). Thus my "Bad news, anon" was sarcastic - it shouldn't work for him if he's just doing it for the lulz.
>>
So is Madness Combat jump finished, WiP, accepting feedback or what
>>
File: Further Confusion.jpg (1MB, 1699x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Further Confusion.jpg
1MB, 1699x1130px
>>50448959
>>50448975
>different people have different opinions on the thing, with obvious positive bias on the part of any and all waifufags.
Ah okay then.
I mean there is also the marriage licences or something from Kantai.
So, why'd they hassle the newbie jump maker so much? I'd love to think that people aren't targeting the guy but that's how it sounds when you look at like the last twenty threads or so. He got flak for a mult-companion option and then someone did the same thing in Creepypasta. It's just weird. Just caught up with threads in the archive so this stuff is fresh on my mind.
>>
>>50449035
Kantai doesn't do that, people just seem to think it does.

Anyway, just because something is on the drive doesn't mean most people appreciate it being on but once it is on it can't be taken off. PS238 let's you flat out buy martial arts from other jumps if you want. Try putting that in any new jump? You'd get little to zero support. Just because there's precedence doesn't mean anyone or even just most people want to see it again.
>>
>>50448883
>>50449035
I don't know exactly what that was about, re: Gaunlet.
If they were giving him shit about putting a similar option in his jump (the special ring), it might just be because they consider the blue feather to be a bad design choice to emulate, and they might have been trying to stop another mistake being made.

Kind of a "This is a thing that exists and we can't do much about it, but at least we won't let other people make that kind of mistake again".

>>50448987
Pretty sure it's still in WIP accepting feedback, the last version I saw wasn't done.
>>
>>50448839

Personally, I use a custom rule for my chains (aka fanwank) and remove pods. I think they are a poorly designed mechanic, an artifact left over from the early days of Jumpchain.

Instead, I rule that as long as I can convince someone to come with me of their own free will (aka no brainwashing, no blackmail, no threats, no perk use), they are granted a basic form of companionship by my Benefactor which grants them a one-time free resurrection every 5 jumps. Beyond that, they are dead unless I intervene and use various magics or items.

I only grant companions purchased with CP or drawbacks and Blue Feather companions as having unlimited rez.
>>
>>50449052
no it doesn't, I fixed that.
>>
>>50449066
So you cheat because you can't handle limits. Just don't talk about it next time okay?
>>
File: IMG_0157.jpg (349KB, 550x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.jpg
349KB, 550x823px
Man, Avengers Earth's Mightest Heroes is such a CP vampire. I had to go and get 1000pts of drawbacks.
>>
>>50449052
He technically removed it but did it in a way he can still use it to get basically any supernatural martial art anyway, since he made sure to not leave limits on.

Also jesus christ I forgot how horrendous this jump looked. Did he even use spell check on it or was it just puked out?
>>
>>50449073
... reading comprehension fail, anon. His version is actually weaker.
>>
>>50449052
>Kantai doesn't do that, people just seem to think it does.
What does it do then? I mean its a marriage license that makes the person you marry a companion right? That's just how I've heard it described, and it may be coloring how I'm reading it.

>>50449070
Okay. Quick question to stop my confusion are you talking about Kantai or Creepypasta? I don't really know which one you did.

>>50449053
I see so it's less hate on the new jump maker and more that she/he was using hated content. But that doesn't answer why the whole Creepypasta flew by and not a single comment.
>>
>>50449089
actually it's Specifies nothing more than what you see in something like kung fu hustle. And it is being worked on.
>>50449102
neither I'm talking about your complaint about PS238,I try to update my jumps to blend into current standards rather than letting them be used as Precedents
>>
>>50449090
Says the guy who missed the bit where he has unlimited pods to anyone he can convince to come with him. Idiot.
>>
>>50449102
Anon, where in Kantai does it mention anything about companioning people? That seems like something it'd be pretty explicit on, especially given the guy who made it.

I personally assumed it was just a joke item based on the marriage stuff in game, which was why it was like 10000CP to buy it.
>>
>>50449113
At the cost of them being a lot more susceptible to mortality.
>>
>>50449102
When did Gauntlet get flak for a multi companion thing? Wasn't that Worm? I'm pretty sure, from what I remember, that it was less on it being a multi companion option and more how it handled importing them.
>>
>>50449122
They've still got a one up anon, one that regens every once in a while. Pretty tiny cost given how rarely companions die without it being purposeful on the jumper's part.
>>
>>50449102
I'm not seeing any option in Creepypasta that supersedes the normal companion rules. Could you compare the two?
>>
>>50449073
Companion rules are pretty dumb.
>>
>>50449119
It's somewhat meta: only Admirals can get it as they are the designated waifu magnet.
>>
>>50449109
That was another guy but thanks for the clarification.

>>50449119
Well I know you get one for free or like 500 if you're an fleet commander... Just looked it up. Yeah it doesn't do what people seem to think it does. It's some kinda booster of sorts with the power of love. Neat but not what I was led to believe.

>>50449127
>>50449137
It was a while back and he got flack over the fact that his companion option the one about ten braves or something like that had an import option, perfectly reasonable thing to argue against in my opinion, and the fact that it was a multi-companion where you could either spread a perk out or focus it on one of the group. Creepypasta has Cult which is a multi-Companion, ten or so I think, which allows you to either spread out the perks they get or 'play favorites' is how it's worded I believe.
Again I'm bringing it up because it fresh on my mind and I'm honestly confused.
>>
What kind of perks are there scattered around that improve one's ability to learn things? Stuff like the one from Zero no Tsukaima, which doubles learning speed.
>>
>>50448815
I was thinking a shop that immediately exists under your control as the jump starts. Animal Crossing is great, but makes paperwork a problem.
>>
>>50449204
Candy Shop from Kung Fu Hustle?
>>
>>50449088
Can companions in Arrowverse take speedster? Or is there a cp limit when it says any metahuman perk?

Also, what'd you get in EMH? I ended up taking a bunch of stuff to. R&D company is probably my favorite business.
>>
>>50449187
Might be because you can't import an existing companion into a Creepypasta Cult.
As in, if you had 8 waifus, you couldn't condense those 8 into a single slot via Cult.

Whereas if that ten braves thing let you import multiple existing companions into a single slot, that might be where the issue lay.
>>
>>50449187
>>50449266
That was probably it then, I can definitely see the issues in making a multi companion out of single companions you had before.
>>
Does anyone remember what the stats in Danmachi translated to in actual levels of strength? I remember hearing something about a certain number of ranks being equal to a certain number of times better then peak human?
>>
>>50449146
Agreed. I personally use an alternate rule that lets me invite along as many people as I want, but if they die, they go home the same way I would if I died.
>>
>>50449088
Only 1,000?
>>
>>50448801
Animal Crossing IIRC and you can get a department store in Mad Men.
>>
>>50449249
Yeah Companions can take Speedster & here's my EMH build

>AVENGERS EMH<

>BACKGROUND
-Scientist

>SPECIES
Asgardian (400cp)

>SKILLS/PERKS
-The Adjective Jumper
-Scientist Supreme
-Form & Function (350cp)
-Smartest Man In The World (250cp)
-Pym Protégé (-50cp)
-Nine Realms Craftsman (-350cp)

>POWERS
-Mighty

>ITEMS/GEAR
-Import (-400cp)
+Unhackable (-500cp)
+GiANT-Sized
+Uru (-650cp)
-Money (-700cp)

>COMPANIONS
-Import (-1000cp)

>DRAWBACKS
-Sentinel Mark Jumper (700cp)
-Super Heroic (400cp)
-Superior Foes (200cp)
-Civil War (100cp)
-Caught In Crossfire (0cp)
>>
>>50449340
1k is the cap unless you decide to be suicidal and go with "Last Avenger".
>>
>>50449296
Here you go:
http://danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Development_Abilities
http://danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
http://danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Terminology (Look up Basic Abilities for a better understanding of the ranking system)

This should work out for ya.
>>
>>50449201
There's all kinds. The gold standard is Worm, because the gold standard is always Worm, but there's some other useful powers you can't easily duplicate so you might pass on that one.

Anyway, they're all mostly the same, but there's also a few unusual ones. Secret of Evermore gives you a perk that lets you grind skills by doing the same thing over and over again, which is boring but extremely effective. Naruto has Shadow Clones, which are basically a training hive mind, and has a perk that makes you genuinely enjoy training. Order of the Stick has a perk for encountering level-appropriate enemies, so you'll have challenges to deal with. I'm sure there are others, but that's what's coming to mind this early.
>>
>>50449373
It's not suicidal, just really hard. If you stack it carelessly with other drawbacks it could become impossibly tough.
>>
>>50449425
Yeaaah, not really got what I was looking for. Got loads of info on the system, not really any on what any of the numbers really translate to, something I remember coming up in these threads.

>>50449427
>Gold standard is Worm
I feel everyone constantly forgets that that power severely drops in speed once you get to a certain level of skill in a particular thing. Naruto's training perk plus shadow clones are way better in the long run, especially if you're training something that increases chakra and/or chakra control, since that'll also increase the speed at which you train because you can make more clones
>>
>>50449201
Mega Man Zero has Born Scientist which makes you a child prodigy in terms of learning ability. Fallout has Educated which gives a more general boost in learning ability.
>>
File: cool-baby-bunnies-hand-small.jpg (57KB, 540x705px) Image search: [Google]
cool-baby-bunnies-hand-small.jpg
57KB, 540x705px
>>50448707
Between ten years of exposure to Beast Boy in Teen Titans and numerous failed attempts to befriend my own flying bison in Avatar, I more or less gave up on pets. That said, I do plan to pick up a Pseudodragon when I make it to Forgotten Realms. Or ten. I do like the sound of having my own clutch of Dragon pets.

Pern Jump when?
>>
>>50449201

"It'll be an Experience" from Tales of Phantasia
>>
>>50448398
who's this?
>>
>>50448707
Again on this topic, non-sapient pets count as companions? How can I take a tamed beast from a world to another without a pod?
>>
File: best.png (247KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
best.png
247KB, 500x281px
Aside from Overlord, what other Jumps I can use to craft custom companions with a moderate power-level and high loyalty?
>>
>>50450105
Most people will say that any jump that allows you to buy in universe companions does that. I can't think of one outside of Overlord that lets you get that granular and freeform build to a high degree, but the options are scattered around the chain.
>>
File: dog_days-09-leonmichelle-battle.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dog_days-09-leonmichelle-battle.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>50450073
Leonmichelle from Dog Days.
>>
File: Captain Garlock.jpg (85KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Garlock.jpg
85KB, 780x481px
>>50437262
Hmm. Pole of Void sounds good, yeah. I've got a lot of Void-y energies coursing through me, so they can all go pool there.

And for my last element, I'll go with a Pole of Song. It runs supercomputers, it manipulates mass and energy, it shapes reality itself like nobody's business-it'll be super worth it.

And yeah, Cuendillar's pretty stable given it was used as the keystones of the dimensional anchor for the Dark One. Who is the source of extra-strength Balefire. For hundreds of years-maybe more than a thousand, I don't remember.

In a setting where there are only two gods, both of which are ill-defined but whose scope is described in terms of total multiversal paradigm shift.

Probably something to do with the whole "absorbs incoming force to become stronger".

So there we have it. Cuendillar! Dreams! Song! Void! Soulfire! The other one!

By my own elements combined I am...CAPTAIN GARLOCK!

>>50448707
Five golden Lavosi, four arcane horses, three kitsune-things, two mini-zergs and a giant spider in a pear tree.

>What are peoples reactions

Screaming.

>>50448329
Eating other angels is the kind of thing that tends to make the other angels super paranoid and gun for you, yes.

I mean, the only other beings on the show I remember doing that are the Leviathans (theoretically Lovecraftian blobs of primordial goo, and the first beasts who predate angels) and the Darkness (God's onee-san)
>>
>>50450310
>Eating other angels is the kind of thing that tends to make the other angels super hot.
FTFY
>>
>>50448707
i have the dragon from lol as my pet
>>
Whats that perk from EVO that gives you multiple bodies? Could I use that to have multiple devil fruits? Probably not use multiple, but switching between them should work, IIRC.
>>
>>50450392
And baron as a companion?
>>
>>50449296
Don't quote me on that but IIRC every 100 points is equal to a 1X boost from the 'standard' ability level for a baseline being.

So a level 1 that has C rank (between 600 and 699) would a 6X to nearly 7X boost in whatever stat is concerned.
>>
File: Garlock Arrives.jpg (25KB, 597x333px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Arrives.jpg
25KB, 597x333px
>>50437781
Drawbacks: Arsonist, Constant Scandal, “What’s going on with your head?”, THOSE TENTACLES! (1800)

Drop-In, age 18

“Master the Guitar in One Millisecond Class!” (Free)
“What are you doing?!” (1700)
Wildly Strong (1500)
Guitar Summoning (1200)
Epic Soundtrack (Free)
Bunny Suit (Free)
Sunglow Yellow Piaggio Vespa SS 180 (1100)
Left-Handed Rickenbacker Bass Guitar model 4001 (950)
Scandalous Towel (900)
Gibson EB-0, 1961 Model (600)
N.O. Utilization (0)

I keep setting the paparazzi on fire the same way the cool kids smoke crack and the non-cool kids have existential breakdowns. It's a bad habit. But all these paparazzi keep getting all up in my face, acting all flammable and shit. It's a hard habit to kick.

Also, I seem to have come down with a bad case of Planets. Hang on-I think I've come across "N.O. Utilisation" before, in The Mighty Boosh! No idea how a bunch of stoned Brit musicians crudely discovered it, though.

...anyway.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure this is all about growing up and why it sucks, but not as badly as not growing up. I'm also pretty sure Haruko is an amoral thief feigning whackiness to justify a nomadic lifestyle.

...note to self, run covert tests for signs of dimensional travel on her.

Ahem. The point being-I'm not sure if fusing these guitars together with my own guitar is symbolic of my acceptance that youth should be about accepting the good and the bad and trying to make the best of it, a sign of insecurity or just plain escapism.

But either way, I think I'll just hang out with Naota and start a garage band as my own statement about what growing up means.

Namely, that sometimes all your friends are losers and the best choice you can make is to find better ones.
>>
>>50450310
Wouldn't it just be Lavoi?
>>
>>50450747
>The Mighty Boosh!
Huh Wukong maked a Jump for that or is my Google Fu no good?
>>
>>50450804
He did, yeah
>>
>>50448707
Well, I have that level 100 dragon mount from Overlord. Fantasy worlds are usually really impressed, and non-fantasy worlds tend to freak out a bit.
>>
Does anyone have the latest version of JLD?
>>
>>50450813
But anon, dragons are for waifuing
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 400x240px
>>50450891
Kill All Dragons 2081
>>
Speaking of dragons and killing do we have a Legend of the Dragoon Jump yet? Cause Dragon Buster would be sweet as fuck!
>>
>>50450813
Can you just make up whatever you want for that mount? If you wanted a ghost rider hart, could you?
>>
>>50450747
And the band's name will be Nirvana?
>>
>>50450940
Really more of a dragons layer than a dragonslayer, sempai
>>
>>50450947
No, go for it.
>>
>>50450987
Captain Hurlock: The Flannel Edition
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>50450987
And why would you say that? You implying this get-rich/popular/NO'd up to the eyeballs-quick scheme of mine smells like teen spirit?

>>50451017
Actually I was gonna call is Samsara unless Naota comes up with a cooler name

...which sounds even more like an alternative rock band from the '80s, somehow
>>
>>50450947
>Legend of the Dragoon
holy fucking shit you just rustled my memberberries, I had completely forgot about that awesome game.
>>
Right, someone mentioned me and Xenoblade X?

Long story short, I'm stuck. Stuck stuck. It sucks.

I'm honestly considering scrapping all the racials and stuff, and just making a human centric one. Apparently my make-stuff-up-fu isn't good enough to do all the aliens with next to no lore for me to extrapolate from.

Anyways... Here's the origin perks, bar one that I don't have yet.
>>
>>50451209
But aliens are the bee's knees. Why not cut aliens back to one perk?
>>
File: 1475558427359.png (660KB, 698x840px) Image search: [Google]
1475558427359.png
660KB, 698x840px
I don't quite remember when I started, but so far, the dreaded spooky voodoo curse around Metroid has yet to kill me. Here's what I've got so far.

http://pastebin.com/winesZmi

Perks are nearly done, I just need two 400s and two 600s for the Not!Samus origin. Was considering making a capstone where archenemies suffer from load bearing boss logic (their organization or infrastructure would collapse or be heavily damaged upon you beating their faces in), but it was argued to be a little too much for a Samus perk. I'm looking for suggestions on the last few for the origin.

Something I haven't typed up yet is Chozo-Human Physiology for the Another origin, mostly since I'm not fully sure of the physical capabilities Samus got aside from a Captain America boost. But that will definitely be in there.

Side note, when I get to power armor (free with different bases for all origins), what should the one for Drop-In be?
>>
>>50448707
>On the topic of animals, Jumpers! What are your pets? What are peoples reactions when they first encounter your 'pet'?

My pets are people. Either cute catgirls and such or people who who have been tained to act like catgirls. My favorite pet is a kitsune I accquired during one of my jumps.

Most people are extremely disturbed by my pets.
>>
File: 1465956405803.gif (1MB, 294x253px) Image search: [Google]
1465956405803.gif
1MB, 294x253px
>>50451492
Oh, one more thing. A capstone item or perk I had an idea for in Another is that the Chozo (somehow) left items scattered around both this galaxy and future jumps for you to collect, that will be useful to moving past context-sensitive obstacles you run into, and are marginally useful after said obstacle is overcome.

Would probably need a bit of clarity, but I think it would be something folks would have fun with. What do you all think?
>>
Could anyone post JLD jump ??
>>
>>50451230
Explain further.
>>
>>50451492
Why was the load bearing boss capstone too much? It fits samus really well, considering how often shit blows up. Aside from crazy good combat and exploration, its one of her more noticeable traits.
>>
>>50451564
Sure, although that more fits as an item instead of a perk.
>>
>>50450105
Infernals, when it's done.

Akuma are very customizable, and even more loyal. You're okay with a little mindrape, right?
>>
File: JLD.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
JLD.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50451570
This is the latest pdf I know of. From turkey day, I think?
>>
>>50451492
A perk for Another that allows you to keep looking human, despite being a horrible genetic hybrid abomination underneath?
>>
>>50451492
Well... do the Luminoth have enough in the way of pure combat stuff to base the armor on them? It's the only thing coming to mind, besides some of the usual villain power dealio Drop-In gets some times (Warrior Ing suit? Fusion/Metroid suit? Phazon suit? You get the idea).

Unless you're talking like, stats or something, instead of technology. I reckon Another would have Yes in that case, while Space Pirates would have speed. Then Drop-In could just have whatever the Feds don't get.
>>
>>50451705
I'm also in favour of keeping the Load Bearing Boss Perk. It's a very thematical idea that I think is worth putting in the effort to balance.
>>
>>50451640
You were giving the aliens two perks each, right? If you have trouble with that, an easy solution is giving them only one.
>>
>>50451705
>>50451925
I think it had more to do with my initial example being Zebes exploding, honestly, which was not smart of me. It'll probably work just fine if I tone down the escalation a bit and give it a toggle option. I'll work on it.

>>50451878
Mostly technology, but these help. Much thanks, anon.

>>50451865
>>50451744
Noted and agreed.
>>
>>50451865
Seconding this.
I'd suggest bumping it up to maybe allowing you to choose which changes or mutations you acquire whenever you splice or incorporate new genetic material. That way you too can become a horrifying abomination in the eyes of God and nature like Samus yet remain inexplicably human-looking.
>>
>>50451845
Fucking CP Vampire, there is way too much good stuff here. . . and this is after being split into three jumps. How does this happen?
>>
>>50451939
Thats doable. Makes balance easier as well, with only half the perks.
>>
>>50451845
Thank you.
>>
>>50452060
JLD is awesome, has awesome characters, and has awesome source material.

So it's awesome^3
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.600.644590.jpg (48KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.600.644590.jpg
48KB, 405x600px
>>50448707
Honestly I think the closest thing to a 'pet' that I have would be Shuggy.

Shuggy is my Shoggoth. I picked her up in Lovecraft, with the Pet Monster option. I don't talk about Shuggy a whole lot, even less than my other companions, but that's mainly because once you've covered the "my pet" and "is a shoggoth" parts, there's not a lot else to go over.
Anyway, Shuggy is pretty morphable. She can contract down to a tiny size with some effort, or grow huge enough to to swallow a room. Noneuclidean biology really is amazing. Sometimes she rides around in a satchel bag or backpack or whatever I'm carrying around, and sometimes she rides on my head. Like a Metroid hat. Except it's a shoggoth.

People's reactions really tend to stick to the range of, "What the hell is that?" followed by "OH GOD NO". Especially when she jumps off my head. She's very affectionate and also territorial, so. That's a thing.

I think that's about it.
>>
Are there any perks that can let me play music in my head? Like a mental mp3 player?
>>
>>50452923
any perfect memory perks should let you do that there is a nice one in avengers: Earth's mightiest heroes/Wolverine and the X-Men
>>
>>50452971
I guess but that isn't really what I mean.
>>
>>50453058
okay, if you're looking for something more literal . You can get an AI companion that is basically part of your mind who can probably do those kind of things , in both symbiont and supreme commander
>>
File: 1466974200915.png (164KB, 336x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466974200915.png
164KB, 336x360px
>>50452923
There's one in Metal Gear that's a literal brain mp3 player. Surprised folks forgot about that one.
>>
>>50452923
A bunch of soundtrack perks have an option so that only you can hear it.
Touhou has a soundtrack perk, Shadow of the Colossus has another.
>>
>>50452923
Why would you want that when you can take any number of soundtrack perks and make everyone else listen to what you want them to?
>>
>>50452923
You can't already do that?
>>
I've finally decided to try and think up a Stand. Does this work?

Stand Name: [Highway To Hell]

Stand Ability: [Function]

Power - B

Speed - C

Range - C

Durability - A

Precision - C

Potential - A

Description: [Highway To Hell] allows things to function as intended regardless of circumstances or inhibitions. A car from a dump would run just fine despite not having a motor or any gas and would also work perfectly at the bottom of the sea. It can also be used on living things; a person, while under the effects of the Stand, would be uninhibited by being having their heart destroyed, their brain damaged, or their spine shattered except for the pain associated with it, but would immediately experience the full effects of such injuries once no longer affected by the Stand. It also allows for impossibilities such as breathing ans even holding a verbal conversation under water or in vacuum.

[Highway To Hell] appears as a large red humanoid wearing armor and wreathed in flames.

I don't know if this actually fits, I just skimmed the wiki and looked at some canon Stands.
>>
Would freeing the Yozi look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSRULDdFvc0
>>
File: Xandermcqueencard.jpg (115KB, 389x584px) Image search: [Google]
Xandermcqueencard.jpg
115KB, 389x584px
>>50453249
I like the idea of the actual power, but... Highway to Hell's taken.
>>
>>50453249
>>50444340
>posting this again since you're here now.
If I remember correctly Cracker Jack asked me to bring this up (again) if he hadn't fixed this by Thanksgiving. I'm a bit late but. . .

Super speed still does not have the note about being able to selectively interact with things normally despite moving at high speed and having an objects you're carrying's functions scaled to your speed.

I would also like to suggest adding in the ability to alter your perception so that you can make it feel like everything else is slowing down instead of like you're moving faster if you want to, for the full quicksilver scene experience.
>>
File: 1460868798992.png (374KB, 800x969px) Image search: [Google]
1460868798992.png
374KB, 800x969px
>>50450747
It amuses me to think that none of this would be too much out of place in the FLCL universe.

>>50451492
I wish I could think of something to add. I love Metroid but I really had the change to play the SNES game. Maybe a Heroic Timing ability, go show up when and where needed?

>>50452569
... I've officially been Jumping too long. Your pet sounds both cute and entirely too comfy as a hat for my sanity to be anywhere near normal anymore.
>>
>>50453330
Oh, whoops. How about... [No Rest For The Wicked]?

>>50453394
Y'see? This is why I said to remind me. I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, let alone something I posted weeks ago.

Yeah, I'll do it.

>spoiler
Good idea.
>>
>>50453249
Stands can be a part of you, too. They don't all have to be humanoid.

>>50453394
>spoiler
Isn't that would would already seem to happen from your perspective?
>>
>>50453292
Basically.
>>
>>50453539
>Isn't that would would already seem to happen from your perspective?
I think it is normally just that your thinking/reaction speed is just fast enough to keep up with your speed, you still perceive the world in real time even if you can keep up with things that are really fucking fast (like you with the power). If you perceived the world as going that slow all the time every few seconds real time would feel like an hour to you.

This would be pure torture if it was always on but the ability to do it when you want to could make for some cool experiences.
>>
>>50453536
Yeah, you should be clear with that one.
>>
>>50453539
>Stands can be a part of you, too. They don't all have to be humanoid.
Good to know.

>Isn't that would would already seem to happen from your perspective?
I think he means where you could just walk around at what seems like normal speed while everything else is frozen around yo-

>>50453637
Oh you mean the ability to adjust your reflexes and perception regardless of how fast you're moving? Yeah, you can actually do that. I'll clarify that, too.

>>50453645
Alright, sweet.
>>
>>50453695
So we can control the degree our speed affects things? Like having a super speed poke to the forehead knock someone to the ground instead of either being a normal poke or going straight through their head.
>>
>>50453292
Yes, but with more green.
>>
>>50453292
See, now I want that Hercules jump some anon was talking about making.
>>
>>50453854
Sure. At least, with practice. Maybe not straight away
>>
File: tits1473388226645.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tits1473388226645.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>50453902
>Hercules jump
There's all kinds of great reasons to want and take a Hercules jump.
>>
>>50454125
this looks shopped I can tell by the pixels
>>
>>50454125
>that face
She's not one of them.

Sassy new best friend Hades, on the other hand...
>>
>>50453695
Would the following be an accurate interpretation of Super Speed under the affects of Rouge Powers?

The world sometimes feeling like everything has slowed down when you didn't want it to and occasionally breaking things due to accidentally trying to use them at mach speed?
>>
File: Hades.gif (942KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
Hades.gif
942KB, 700x462px
>>50454125
I just want to hang out with Hades, personally. I'd grab a gif of some his better moments, but they're all tiny.

>>50454158
This.
>>
>>50454175
Sure.
>>
>>50450982
Yeah. The only limit is that it doesn't exceed 30 feet in length and 10 feet in width.
>>
>>50450397
Evolutionary Divergence. If it worked like that then every alt form would let you eat another Devil Fruit, and personally I don't think it does.
>>
>>50453911
Is JLD almost done? What other changes do you think there'll be from the one posted in thread?
>>
>>50454539
What about an SB (Sacrificial Bestowment) loop?
>>
>>50454641
No idea. I don't know how the perk works in detail because I don't like the way it functions, maggot/worms can stay away from my eyes thank you very much.
>>
>>50454641
That wouldn't change the fact that having multiple Devil Fruits causes you to explode. The limit isn't that there's no way to acquire multiple Devil Fruit powers, the limit is that doing so is lethal. To get around it you need a scheme to protect you from overloading power, not a scheme to gain more powers.
>>
>>50454738
>having multiple Devil Fruits causes you to explode.
No, it doesn't. /Consuming/ multiple Devil Fruits does, but SB skips the consuming step.
>>
>>50454870
You're still taking it into your body. So you're getting that Devil Fruit goodness from a magic parasitic worm injecting it into your brainstem instead of biting down on it. It should still apply. Devil Fruits are magic, you don't even have to actually eat the thing to get the effect. Just taking a bite, not even swallowing it but just biting into the fruit, can transfer the sea devils (or whatever really makes it work) into your body. It isn't like this is some chemical in Devil Fruits that needs to be processed by the stomach for it to be poisonous.
>>
So while we're talking about One Piece, can anyone tell me what the point of the Low-Power Supplement is? It fiddles with pricing and restricts your purchases... because reasons? It reads like glorified house-rules to be honest, desu senpai.
>>
>>50454962
It's a hold over from very early in Jumpchain's existence, when jumpers were presumed to be low powered entities, if you can believe it. Back then, people thought the One Piece jump gave you too much power, so a low powered version was made.
>>
>>50454960
I dunno, mang. The Curse is removed post-jump, so if you wait you'll be transferring curse-free fruits.
>>
>>50454870
Now you're trying to use semantics. Far as I know consuming multiple is dangerous not through the act of doing so, but through the result: multiple Devil Fruit powers within the one body that conflict.

You could try whatever Teach did, but having the energy of multiple fruits in your body seems very dangerous.

Try to get some perks to protect against internal energies before you go around saying you can have different fruits.
>>
>>50454997
Doesn't it only remove the curse on one's you've already eaten? It'd kinda suck to find out that yeah, you could eat a second fruit, but you'd be permanently stuck with the downsides.
>>
>>50455030
Yes, so you couldn't eat a second fruit, but the SMT perk would transfer fruits without the curse. Of course, I don't think that the exploding part has anything to do with the curse, so...
>>
>>50455030
Presumably, yes, but this >>50455041 .

And it's not like there aren't ways to remove curses in the chain.
>>
And there's the reason One Piece got brought up today.

Taking a betting pool, what other old jumps are going to get brought up for shit-slinging?
>>
>>50455139
I could bring up Gundam SEED, if you'd like? The creator just took some of my casual suggestions for items and copied them word for word into the document. It looks really sloppy, more like an early WIP than a finished product. Fucking fix that, SEED Anon.
>>
>>50455139
Overlord
>>
>>50455177
SEED Anon's disappeared from fucking everywhere, even SB.
>>
>>50455139
>And there's the reason One Piece got brought up today.
You're just as bad as the shitposter, assuming you're not him.
>>
>>50451492
For one of the 400cp perks, maybe something about the remnants of ancient or fallen civs seeing you as a successor to their legacy or something, like the luminoths. Or maybe just a really good "gets along with aliens they've never met" perk.
>>
>>50455191
Can I edit it, then? I know, I know, it's taboo to edit someone else's jump. But the part I'd be editing is technically my writing, not his. My shitty, off the cuff writing that doesn't belong in a finished jump.
>>
>>50455209
Honestly, it probably is. He's trying to foster division and censor discussion of any jumps so that there's nothing here but targeting new jumps like FLCL and GHQ.
>>
>>50455139
Guy who brought up Buffy yesterday - I'm not the Janitor, I've just been marathoning the series and wanted to make a Chain based on it only to go "wait, what?" Don't give in to paranoia.

Unless you're our pet troll, and you spread the paranoia when you're not getting enough bites. In which case, what the fuck?
>>
>>50455248
Its not your jump, so no.
>>
>>50452060
Because both you and the jumpmaker are powerwankers.
>>
>>50455139
Golden Sun.

I want to see that kinda.
>>
>>50455329
Aw. So my hasty work will be forever preserved. Oh, well.
>>
>>50455362
Honestly though, what's stopping someone from trying to do what Alex did at the end of GS2 and just teleporting away immediately after?
>>
>>50455420
Well, given that Alex himself was a teleporter, and a flyer, it's possible that the Wise One was suppressing those abilities so he couldn't escape. On the other hand, Golden Sun is very inconsistent with Alex's powers in the first place, and it's entirely possible he just forgot he could do those things.
>>
>>50455495
>was suppressing those abilities
So, get Drain No and you'll be fine?
>>
>>50455505
Yeah. Though like I said, you might not even need that.
>>
>>50455420
Nothing but your own power.

The Wise One is only like as strong as a volcanic eruption, probably.
>>
>>50455552
It was a pretty badass eruption, though. Scattered psynergy stones across the entire eastern hemiplane (it's a flat world, so no hemispheres), based on how many people in distant locations have stories of "magic rocks fell from the sky and gave me psynergy powers". It just didn't hurt anyone on the ground. I guess the Wise One focused all the power of the eruption to go upwards, or something like that? Maybe that's the real reason why the world was doomed to freeze to death. It wasn't anything to do with lighting Jupiter Lighthouse, it was just because there was a giant ash cloud in the sky blocking sunlight.
>>
>>50455608
>it's a flat world
Speaking of which, I wonder what would happen if you flew off the edge. Would you just be floating in space, or is it more of an FF3 type deal, with an actual planet underneath?
>>
>>50455747
Well, the world's surrounded by waterfalls, so there is gravity off the edge. No clue what's beneath, though. I always kind of liked the idea that the water circulates back up down below and rises up from vents in the bottom of the sea, and that's one of the reasons why Alchemical power is needed for the world to survive in the long term. The mystic engines that drive the upswelling are running down, just like how the edges of the world are starting to erode and the continents to shrink.
>>
Can I pod the Master from Actraiser, or is that too overpowered? He has the role of God, but he doesn't seem to display that level of power. He just seems to have the power on the level of Belmonts or Link or something. I just think him being abandoned at the end of Actraiser is too sad an ending, even if he's happy about it because it means his beloved humans are safe.
>>
>>50455918
If you can convince him, I don't see why not. Remember that his power directly corresponds to how many people believe in him, though, so he's going to be awfully weak when you take him with you. Best candidate for the Sword of the Cross I've seen in a while, though.
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>50448707
Twin Mabari Hounds. They are the cutest things, because they are Dogs. People like Dogs.

>>50453292
Close enough.
>>
>>50455918
I mean theoretically you can pod anyone unless stated otherwise so yeah, go for it
>>
>>50455938
>>50455951
Cool, works for me! Also, definitely using that Sword of the Cross idea.
>>
>>50450083
It's entirely up to the author, but I think the consensus is that only sapient pets count as companions. So a dog isn't a companion, but a Temple Dog is. As for taming instead of purchasing pets... That's where you need to just make shit up.

Maybe house rule that you can only tame animals if you've purchased storage space for them? Not necessarily pods, but one of those habitats you can buy.
>>
Tell me about your podded companions, /jc/. What the weirdest person/thing you've got podded?
>>
>>50456334
Well, I'm podding the Master >>50455918. That's pretty weird.
>>
As I believe I have fixed the major issues that were raised last time I posted this, I shall be putting it onto the Drive if no violent objections are raised. I could probably put it on there now, but I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to look it over.

FLCL Version 1.0
- Literally nothing has changed from last time.
>>
File: i-object.png (31KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
i-object.png
31KB, 640x404px
>>50456750
Not, but really. Seems fine.
>>
File: Godzilla's pissed.jpg (831KB, 1651x1261px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla's pissed.jpg
831KB, 1651x1261px
>>50456750
DID SOMEONE SAY VIOLENT OBJECTION?!

Nah, I kid.
>>
>>50456334
Well, not podding, but I plan on Blue Feathering every component soul of every canon Yozi (there are supposed to be some extras that we just never see, so GMs can invent their own if they want) in Exalted. By my math, that requires around 2800 Blue Feathers at most (15 established Yozi, with the amount needed for each Yozi being 1 Yozi + X Third Circles + 7X Second Circles, where X is a number between 1 and 23, so maximum total of 2775 Feathers), so I can build up enough with Cheat Moding a Feather every month for 23 jumps. I plan on then importing the Yozi into jumps where I can get them psychological health and overall mental quality of life perks, so as to fix their trauma. Giving the Ebon Dragon such perks might just cause him to explode, though. I should probably give Sacahveral a destiny-defiance perk, too, so that he can wake up. Or the ability to sleepwalk, do we have any perks for that?
>>
>>50456834
You're planning on MARRYING all of them?
That sounds like total bullshit.
>>
>>50456834
You're gonna marry 2800 people?
>>
>>50456834
I admire your tenacity, yet question your sanity. And endurance.
>>
>>50456921
Oh, yeah, I am NOT looking forward to convincing all of them. That's why it's "planning on" instead of "already have done", I'm still figuring out what perks I'd need to get them to go along with it. The Infernals jump will help, it has perks for both understanding Yozi well enough to manage their psychoses and neuroses, and for seducing them. Still going to need a lot more than that, though. Some sort of perk to prevent yanderes from killing me is practically necessary thanks to Adorjan, for example.

>>50456940
No, don't be silly. Many of them are actually geographical features. This is going to be so much weirder than just marrying 2800 people. I'm going to be married to an infinitely-large desert, a sea of acid, a city, a giant upside-down tree made of mercury...it's gonna get crazy.
>>
File: 1457474555047.jpg (165KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1457474555047.jpg
165KB, 1058x705px
>>50456986
I have just the song for you, Anon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5y2O_hv3I

Seriously, good luck. It's not -impossible-, but I look forward to hearing about the attempt. Fight on, brave anon.
>>
>>50456986
>a giant upside-down tree made of mercury
Hot
>>
>>50456986
Isn't Malfeas supposed to be the size of Jupiter?
>>
>>50456986
Don't forget the living tornado that will want to torture you for all eternity, out of love.

Waifuing Adorjan is a BAD idea.
>>
So, uh, Exalted. Never touched the stuff.

With that in mind, it really doesn't seem like something you can grasp very well with a quick summary and seems to have a ton of mechanics. Should I just not bother with the jumps? The concept seems cool, but I'm not willing to learn an entire system and a ton of convoluted lore just for a few jumps.
>>
>>50456986
Wouldn't the vast majority of them immediately agree to marry you if you told them that it would let them escape from hell?
>>
>>50457033
I've heard conflicting quotes on how big he is. It's kind of hard to tell, given that he's four-dimensional. He's definitely at least Earth-sized, though.

>>50457038
No, I didn't forget her. Like I said, she's one of the cases I'm going to have the most trouble with.
>>
>>50457033
>Isn't Malfeas supposed to be the size of Jupiter?
What? No, not even close. He isn't even the same size as Creation, which is around twice as large as Earth.

Hell I don't think he's as big as the Blessed Isle. There is just conceptual fuckery going on with yozi world-bodies, which is why it ALWAYS takes exactly 5 days to go anywhere from Cecylene, from anywhere.

You could walk out of Malfias and into Cecylene, but if you want to go back it'll take five days.

>>50457056
I think it's worth it, but I'm biased since I like Exalted's lore.
>>
>>50457070
Yeah, probably. It's less about convincing them to marry me and more about me surviving them marrying me.
>>
>>50457056
Might not be worth it. It's one of the more escalation and lore-heavy of tabletops, and it's also a complete nightmare to sort through it. I think the only reason I can vaguely comprehend it is that I was one board with it once second edition first became a thing. Even then, I lost interest in it years ago. Hell, my interest in DBZ has lasted longer. I think I just kinda burnt out on it when I realized how long third edition's release schedule was.

Still want the Solars jump tho.

If it's not your cup of tea, it's perfectly understandable. It can be a trainwreck in...a lot of places. Also, kind of dangerous to jump in a lot of places, depending on the where, when, and why.
>>
>>50457086
Creation is actually slightly smaller than Earth. It's just that it has a balance of sea to land that works out better for humanity. Earth is 70% water, Creation is about 40% water.

As for Malfeas's size, any given layer of him is the size of the Blessed Isle. But all the layers are coterminous with Cecylene, because geometry is fucked up in that place. So it's hard to say how much inhabitable space he actually fills.
>>
>>50457056
Exalted gets bogged down with a lot of terminology, but at heart the setting is pretty simple.

It's Conan the Barbarian mashed together with Romance of the Three Kingdoms, set in a world where the Chinese Celestial Bureaucracy is real, except Conan is superman and all the nobles are avatar benders. There's a ton of lore about which ancient demon lord was fucking who in the timeless chaos before the universe, but that doesn't really matter.
>>
>>50457125
And don't forget that Super-Conan is the reincarnation of one of the kings of the Ancient Precursor Civilization, which got overthrown because they tried to make the pre-Fall Eldar look prudish. The bender nobles are the descendants of his old servants, who shanked the king because they were tired of him making art pieces out of their organs or what not. And if you're not careful, you'll someday get just as crazy as he was.
>>
>>50457125
>Chinese Celestial Bureaucracy is real
In a very shallow fashion I suppose you could say this is true, but by and large it's better just go call it a Celestial Corporate Structure.
>>
>>50457213
It's a Celestial Bureaucracy, it's just a very poorly managed and corrupt one. Back when it was working right it was closer to the version in Chinese myth. These days it's every god for himself, because no one wants to wind up in the slums (oh yeah, Heaven has slums) like all the other destitute gods who no longer receive prayer.
>>
File: amazon1474878639354.jpg (416KB, 630x890px) Image search: [Google]
amazon1474878639354.jpg
416KB, 630x890px
>>50457200
If there's a Super-Conan, does that mean that there's a Super Red Sonja? Cause that'd be pretty awesome if that was the case.
>>
>>50457256
There's an entire playable splat of Super-Conan, so yeah. It also covers Super-Sherlock Holmes, Super-Zhuge Liang, Super-Merlin, and Super-Moses.
>>
>>50457256
Yes, many of them. Both in the abstract sense of hot barbarian babes and the more specific sense of there being powerful redheaded warrior women. Lot of hot redheads in Exalted. Just stay away from the Scarlet Empress and her family, they're all shit.
>>
How's this for a stand idea?

It can make anything plausible happen as long as there's a good excuse for it to happen. Examples would be making an old man having a heart attack (To borrow from Death Note), making someone trip on a banana when they're walking while they're not looking, and stuff like that. Can really only do plausible stuff as long as there's a good reason for it to happen
>>
>>50457316
So basically just probability manipulation?
>>
>>50457283
>>50457293
So which version of Exalted have them? Are they a feature in every box of Exalted or is it just certain sets? Do we have that Exalted yet? I am suddenly excited for Exalted.
>>
>>50457293
>the more specific sense of there being powerful redheaded warrior women. Lot of hot redheads in Exalted
Sold.
>>
>>50457399
It's less "What version has redheads?" and more what location.

Redheads are most common in the North (Conan-land), Blessed Isle (China), and not unheard of in the West (Polynesians and zombie fetishists).
>>
>>50457403
You and me both, anon. I jumped the fuck outta Magi.
>>
>>50457399
That's the Solars, which Wukong has a claim on. The Dragon-Blooded, which we do have a jump for, work sort of similarly, but they're much weaker and make of for it with themes of teamwork, family, and elemental power. And more genereally every Exalt type has a set of powers that make them really really good at mundane shit, it's just that the Solars specialize in human excellence.
>>
>>50457450
>I jumped the fuck outta Magi
but why
>>
>>50457399
Pretty much all of them. I mean, anyone can Exalt (Celestial Exaltation, that is. Terrestrial and Alchemical are inheritance or artificially construction, respectively). But Dragonblooded are probably best for that. Not many Dragonblooded barbarians (though they exist, they're called "Lost Eggs"), but lots of Dragonblooded warrior women. And most Fire Aspect Dragonblooded are redheads. Even some non-Fire are, too. Mnemon and Tepat Ejava are Earth and Wood, but they've both got red hair. Though they're related to the Empress and are therefore, as earlier stated, shit.

>>50457438
And the South, where elemental mutation from exposure to the Elemental Pole of Fire means you've got a lot of people with dark skin and red hair.
>>
>>50457113
Don't forget that Szoreny's fetich is a mirrorverse of all Creation AND Malfeas, Qaf has never been fully surmounted because distance upon him is measured in enlightenment, before being mutilated Adorjan's predecessor Adrian stretched out far enough to see a glimpse of her own transformation into a Yozi, Kimbery can drown universes, Cytherea created all the Primordials except Oramus using a big bang-like burst of essence and Isidoros' black hole boar form is just an avatar for a midnight universe so dense it'd squash Malfeas.
>>
>>50457359
No, plausibility. Different from probability.
>>
>>50457457
Hot stronk redheads in togas.

>>50457455
Any word on how Wukong is progressing? Could you visit those areas in Mortals?
>>
>>50457457
What part of hot redheads do you not get?
Note I am not that anon, and I have no interest in Magi(it's shit, way to fuck up an Arabian themed fantasy). But I have to admit, hot redheads have me tempted.
>>
>>50457464
The South is kinda a bad choice to hang out, though. Not a lot of stable or tolerable places to live there. It's a shame because a Middle Eastern/tan chick with red hair would be exotic.
>>
>>50457516
It's not all bad. The Lap is nice. Gem is okay if you ignore its memetic super-doomed status. Chiaroscuro isn't the worst place around if you can stay out of the civil wars.
>>
>>50457498
They're not really "areas". Most Exalt types have their own "home base" (Abyssals have the Underworld, Infernals have Hell, Sidereals have Heaven, Lunars have the Wyld, and Dragon-Blooded have the continent at the center of the map which is the capitol of their empire) but mostly everybody is all mixed together in Creation trying to push their own agendas. So you can meet any of the splats or visit their homes.

The only exception is the Alchemicals, who live in a dying sci-fi alternate universe and who are probably going to break through into Creation soon. You'd need powerful out of context dimension hopping to get to them, because the Unicron-like Primordial who is their universe set up powerful magical seals to stop anyone from following him when he ran away from the Exalted.
>>
>>50457516
That's kind of something you can say about the entirety of Creation, though. It's got to be an unstable and shitty place, because if it isn't there's nothing for the PCs to do. Every direction has to be filled with plot hooks, so there's a lot of nasty shit going on.
>>
Would the NO channel perk let you use normal NO if you can figure out how that works?
>>
>>50457564
Speaking of Autochthon was it ever explained why he's slowly dying or how to stop it?.
>>
>>50457600
Whoops meant to link to>>50456750
>>
>>50457564
And as a Mortal you wouldn't have anything to do with any of them?
>>
What's the best gift you've ever given your significant others, jumpers?
>>
>>50457613
It's just in his nature. Autocthon's always been sickly, some mishap when he was assembling himself together in Divine Ignition that left him full of cascading failures. Back when he was in Creation he had access to the endless resources that its link to the Wyld provided, so he could keep himself in good shape. But now he's sealed himself in his own pocket dimension, and is running out of spare parts. You stop it just by giving him resources, that's all he needs. Curing it permanently so he can exist on his own would probably require you to do something like the Viator of Nullspace was planning before it got on the "invade Malfeas and kill the Yozi for being assholes" idea, taking him apart and rebuilding him into an entirely new configuration. Whether you could do that without causing identity death is unclear, though.
>>
>>50457613
It's part of his themes. He's smarter than all the other Primordials because he can understand crazy, unhealthy ideas like death. Normally, he was able to fix or kill the parts of his body that were overcome by his mad genius and turned on him, but he set himself to standby mode and trusted his subsouls and the Alchemicals to keep his body in working order. He overestimated them and how much power he was going to get out of his plan to fatten up human souls before sucking the energy out of them, and so now he's getting overrun by his illness and running out of power to keep his body running.
>>
>>50457665
Myself.
>>
>>50457613
Being always curious, he tried to alter his nature to study death. This infected him with the voidcancer that plagues him with horrifying biomechanical abominations. It's implied the Viator is one of the most powerful manifestations of this, or maybe the "patient zero" of these things, since prior to meeting the Ebon Dragon he was trying to turn Autocthon into a Neverborn and he claims to have been handcrafted by Auto.

There aren't any clear solutions, mainly blecause Auto's too unconscious to explain them. Killing all the Voidcancer would probably be a good start. I think the Eye of Autocthon might be able to revive him as well, according to one sourcebook I can't quite remember.
>>
>>50457654
Well, if you live anywhere under Realm control, you'll probably run into a Dragonblooded eventually, though you're unlikely to get into trouble with them. And if you take certain drawbacks you'll have to deal with the other types. But for the most part, Creation is big enough that you can avoid Exalted-related trouble. Thought without Exalted around to scare them straight, you're going to have a lot of spirit-related trouble.
>>
Could I use Stellar Fusion from Worm to make a baseball sized star, keep it in the null heat field so that it doesn't radiate heat, and then use it like a rasengan?
>>
>>50457742
Yep. Sundancer has been seen to do exactly that, even if she prefers to fight at range given that she doesn't have any defensive powers. But getting into melee with her is a very bad idea.
>>
>>50457756
>said the unnamed anon
>>
>>50456750

You keep calling me unnamed Anon in notes.

I feel hurt

>>50457773
YOU SAW NOTHING
>>
>>50457755
Awesome, probably not the most practical use for it but it certainly would be a fun one.
>>
>>50448707

I'm surprised that most people don't mention Rover, the bacon-loving pewter dog that you get for being victorious in the Monopoly jump.

While he's not technically a companion, the brave little fella has been quite helpful on numerous occasions. Just about all of my companions spoil him rotten, and my Kancolle gals in particular are fascinated with him.

I have other pets, but Rover is one of my oldest.
>>
So, other than depravity and stuff isn't the reason Dark Eldar don't do the soulstone thing simply because they CAN't because, while for a regular Eldar their soul would go to Slaneesh, if it wasn't for the soulstone, after death... the Deldar feel Slaneesh's pull constantly?

Would it be possible, through many charisma, diplomacy and such perks along with psychology perks and a way to get rid of said pull... redeem Deldar? Or is it literally an ultimate lost cause
>>
What would happen if you used Magicka Revive on someone who you Merge+Aspect Manifested with? Would you explode in a rainbow of spiritual energy?
>>
>>50457472
I'm not understanding the difference. Things would already have to be possible in order for them to be plausible, so you're taking something that's possible and forcing it to happen. Ergo, probability manipulation.
>>
>>50457841
Yes. That's exactly what happens to the canon user when someone tries to steal one of his component souls.
>>
>>50457665
>inb4 the one anon who keeps posting the Great Stonkin' Tits image
>>
>>50457831
>Redeem
They don't deserve it.
>>
>>50457857
That's not very nice.
>>
>>50457831
>Would it be possible, through many charisma, diplomacy and such perks along with psychology perks and a way to get rid of said pull... redeem Deldar?
Why? No, really. Why the fuck would you want to do this?
>>
>>50457842
I think he's going at it from a conceptual/human perspective. An old man having a heart attack might be plausible (in that any random person wouldn't think much of it), but if that old man goes to great lengths to keep his health in check, him having a heart attack anyway isn't necessarily likely.
>>
>>50448707
Most of my companions are uplifted pets, and I keep a Rancor in the trapdoor. Sometimes they freak out but other times they are cool with that.

>>50448801
Recettear gives shops, so does Animal Crossing and Mad Men

>>50451845
Since that jump is made is the DC Mystic jump still jumpable?

>>50457665
Immortality, like the one I have
>>
File: image.jpg (204KB, 1664x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 1664x473px
>>50457856
You say that like it's a bad thing...
>>
>>50457831
Yep.

Nope. The issue is less one of morality, and more that Slaanesh is a psychic leech only staved off through pure edge. If they stop doing what they do, they get nommed because they didn't sign up for psychic rock phylactery healthcare. Unless maybe, and this is a big fuckin' maybe considering their whole species was collectively made into Slaanesh's special friend, they hang near a ridiculous psychic powerhouse on the level of Emps or those crystal trees Farseers turn into. Or the opposite, like one of the Necrons' anti-psychic machines.

I think it's possible, but it's harder than, say, killing Scion if you only had Skitter's powers. I think ASA spliced anti-madness wavelength into their souls way back, or something. Basically you need a way to sever the psychic connection Slaanesh has to them, so you'd be indirectly pitting yourself against a Chaos God and it's probably going to give you its' full attention once it finds out what you're doing.
>>
Jumpers, what are the most bullshit forms of immortality you can obtain in the chain? I want to hang around and mock the cosmic entities of a few settings without fearing for my life.
>>
>>50458024
>what are the most bullshit forms of immortality you can obtain in the chain?
None of which will allow you to do what you're asking until post-spark, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1429385073333.png (179KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
1429385073333.png
179KB, 600x384px
>>50457856
>>50458001
What are the best perks for handing out Great Stonking Tits?
>>
File: BioShock_No_gods_or_kings1.jpg (74KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
BioShock_No_gods_or_kings1.jpg
74KB, 700x394px
>>50458024
you can obtain that goal without immortality by foresight, science and balls of solid neutronium.
>>
>>50458088
There's a perk in Black Dynamite that lets you make elixirs that change the size of body parts. You can even get them to only affect a specific demographic if you want to spike the malt liquor/water supply.
>>
>>50458088
Biomancy, any magic that can transform others really.
>>
>>50458088
Are they your tits or the tits of others?
>>
>>50458024
Shapeshifting + sharingan + lots of body/spirit boosters (for the chakra).

Abuse the fuck out of izanagi while using shapeshifting to produce additional eyes to sacrifice. Stand next to "insert god here" while repeatedly poking him in the face, when he smites you he'll discover that you're now standing on the other side of him while annoying him in a new way.
>>
>>50458134
Unless they're a god whose domain includes illusions, in which case turning yourself into a living illusion will make you more vulnerable to them, not less. Really have to pick your targets carefully with that trick.
>>
When a jump gives you something and tells you to pick an animal for a theme or power, what types of animals do you tend to pick?
>>
>>50458134
Naruto isn't anywhere near cosmic.
>>
>>50458047
There are ways to kill high level cosmic entities that are available pro spark, ask ASA. I just want enough survivability to screw with them without fearing for my life.

>inb4 "Become powerful enough that they just put up with your presence due to fear."
>>
>>50458184
Fish, usually. I like fish.
>>
>>50458176
This desu

>turn into illusion in front of Dream of the Endless
>he patiently explains he holds dominion over all Naruto fanfiction ever written, yet to be written and COULD be written, and just gave himself all the self-inserts' powers
>>
>>50458125
>Target a specific demographic
>Give huge breasts to all women except the completely flat ones
>>
>>50458220
>Right before you're destroyed, ask him why he made fanfic suck so much
>>
>>50458184
Was that posted by god?
>>
>>50458184
Birds mainly. Soecifically birds of prey. Being able to fly under your own power is an immensely useful ability to have, especially if it's in a form that raises no eyebrows. The usual benefit of enhanced senses, usually vision but also smell and hearing, also help. Plus, birds are cool.

And even when I don't go with a bird, it's usually at least something bird-like, see Jurassic Park.
>>
>>50458197
True but unless the cosmic entity in question has a way to deal with an obscure and completely out of context way to negate damage it should still work.

So just don't use it when dealing with a god of illusions or anyone like that.
>>
File: 1468822685736.jpg (29KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1468822685736.jpg
29KB, 330x327px
>>50458203
>There are ways to kill high level cosmic entities that are available pro spark
>ask ASA
>>
>>50458224
Cancer survivors will be pissed.
>>
>>50458203
Is ASA really that OP?
>>
>>50458268
No, he's just good enough at stringing around random metaphysical jargon that when he says he can do something, no one's willing to wade through his explanation to check if it really works.
>>
>>50458268
>>50458281
>One minute apart
>>
>>50458281
To be fair if you can combine the metaphysics of 600+ different universes you can probably flip the laws of reality the bird.
>>
>>50458266
I assume that demographic targeting is based on genetics, so women who aren't naturally flat would still be affected.
>>
>>50458294
Man, that is weird coincidence. I'm actually not replying to myself, though. I know I can't convince you of that, but it's true.

>>50458305
Yeah, probably. But I just find his way of handling it to be incredibly annoying. I mean, he might not actually be powerwanking. He probably isn't, if I'm being honest. I have no way of checking it, though. He puts so much effort into making his plans such that it requires a lawyer to verify them, it's made it so that every time he posts asking questions about metaphysics I start dreading whatever convoluted plan he's going to come up with next.
>>
>>50458134

Related, what perks are there other than izanagi to turn yourself into a living illusion/make illusions real?
>>
File: disgaea_etna_flonne_rozalin_15.jpg (45KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
disgaea_etna_flonne_rozalin_15.jpg
45KB, 1400x1050px
>>50458224
> Inverse Disgaea
>>
>>50458246
Where's that pic from?
>>
File: rabbitpile.jpg (598KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
rabbitpile.jpg
598KB, 1280x1811px
>>50458184
Rabbits. Always rabbits.
>>
>>50457093
So what perk (or other method of personality editing) are you using to ensure you will be romantically in love with them?

Or are yozi your fetish?
>>
>>50458507
Blue Feather never says it can't be a marriage of convenience. Just that it has to be a "special someone". The Yozi are certainly special to me, even if I don't love them.

That said, yeah, it's totally my fetish. Taking the former masters of reality and making them my waifus and husbandos? It's wonderfully transgressive.
>>
>>50458349
You realize this is true for pretty much everything jumpers do right? The more convoluted plans and combinations are, the more obscure settings they use, the less likely that anyone will ever try to criticize them.

Most power combinations that do get criticized then to be from very well known settings, like big shounens or capeshit stuff, but if you combine stuff from like 30 different obscure settings, most of the time everybody will just go "oh huh, ok".

It's the same thing with jumps. A jump that's only 5 pages long will likely get more critique than a jump that's 50 pages long, just because most people can't be bothered to read all of it.
>>
>>50458668
I know, there's just something about the way ASA handles it that really annoys me. Maybe it's just because he was the first to take it that far, so I wasn't jaded to it.
>>
Cool Cats if you're here may I suggest you take another look at your DC jump at some point? There are some issues, possibly due to it being rather old, that could due with addressing.

While not to the extent some people have said there are a few options that are disproportionately better than everything else.They aren't too overpowered considering it is comics DC but they are far above the other options in the jump.

>Power Ring gives you the higher end of a comics GL.

>The mortal line appears to make you a combination of comics Batman and Lex Luthor.

>Rise the Demon looks like comics Etrigan, who can go toe to toe with the likes of Wonder Woman or the boy scout.
>>
>>50458692
>Power Ring gives you the higher end of a comics GL.
Isn't it funny how people who don't know about Green Lantern complain about it being the low end? Killawog's a badass, I don't know how some people can think otherwise.
>>
>>50458708
Indeed, while I dislike hard caps on principal this one isn't all that bad. You probably won't reach it for a long time anyway.
>>
>>50458349

Personally, my measuring stick is pretty simple - once a Jumper passes 200 jumps in their chain, as long as they can give some sort of rough narrative for how they are doing things, I'm not going to worry about badwrongfun or rules lawyering, much less be annoyed by any convoluted methods. You could do almost anything with pure power alone at that point, not to mention 600+ jumps.

I've actually tried understanding some of his more complicated combinations, and while I don't always fully comprehend them or agree with the method, they don't seem like bullshit to me either. I just chalk it up to me being not very clever or creative, since I prefer simpler solutions to problems.

Violence, seduction, friendship, and massive amounts of bullshit tech/magic seem to work just fine for my purposes.
>>
>>50458692
>Options that reference characters or the setting as a whole are more powerful
>Options that give specific numbers are weaker
>in an early jump
Color me surprised /sarcasm
>>
>>50458692
>Hey let me just invalidate builds that are 500 jumps old
Now that's good bait.
>>
File: RichardNova.jpg (99KB, 564x930px) Image search: [Google]
RichardNova.jpg
99KB, 564x930px
>>50458732
Honestly Kilowog level isn't that much of a hardcap. He's directly below the human lanterns who're all special snowflakes. Except maybe the newest two, Baz & Jessica they seem to be pretty incompetent as far as GLs go.
>>
>>50458819
You do know it's possible to update jumps without breaking builds right? Cats in particular is rather good at it.
>>
File: 3885333-supermankilowog.jpg (105KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
3885333-supermankilowog.jpg
105KB, 416x640px
>>50458822
Yeah, mate. Kilowog's pretty ridiculous. It's not even really a cap to be honest, desu senpai.
>>
>>50458857
I'm sure most of them would just be grandfathered in anyways, seeing as most people wouldn't bother to rework a build that long.
>>
>>50458885
>Grandfather
Not valid.
>>
>>50458692
>Rise the Demon looks like comics Etrigan, who can go toe to toe with the likes of Wonder Woman or the boy scout.
Yeah, but you're essentially tuning loose a demonic Chaotic Neutral Supermanwho only slightly aligns with your goals. So there's that.
>>
>>50458875
kill yourself powerwanker, you can't do that.
>>
>>50458910
It's really up to the person making the chain to decide that, not the jumpmaker or anyone else.
>>
>>50458910
K
>>
>>50458926
You're not even trying. At least be a little creative or try to make it sound like a semi-valid argument. Just saying "you literally can't do exactly what it says you can" is a terrible argument and an insult to everyone who's ever shitposted.
>>
>>50458875
Isn't Kilowog basically as string as the Hulk even without a ring, though.
>>
>>50458950
Saying "I can do this because some retard comic writer said I could" is a terrible argument. I say that you're subhuman for saying you can even come CLOSE to hurting Superman with ANY in-jump purchase.
>>
>>50458024
Death in Marvel and DC has been known to show favor to individuals she likes. So, figure out how to crack that code, and give that a whirl.
>>
>>50458974
Hey, hey shitposter. Over here? Wanna buy some Kryptonite? Only 50CP? But that's not all, you can buy perks that help get the Kyrptonite to your foe, or survive long enough to do so, some of which are even in that very same jump.

Get better material.
>>
>>50458927
It is if you want to post it or talk about it.
>>
Gasoline and Gunpowder Esoterica Internalization [400 CP, discount Drop-In]- In your home world, there are fantastic machines called cars and guns which allow mortals to travel at great speeds and kill at great distances without the use of Essence. With this, studying the skills of these things use will allow you to achieve the enlightenment necessary to learn two new groups of Sidereal Charms, ones based on the abilities of Drive and Firearms.

Foreign Constellation Immigration [600 CP, discount Drop-In]- In some strange, alternate versions of Creation, two different constellations hang in the sky, the Comet and the Lightning Bolt. Your knowledge of Astrology will be expanded to include them, allowing you to create Resplendent Destinies and Astrological Charms based on their themes. But your understanding doesn't stop there. Any zodiac constellation that you can study will open its own astrological knowledge to you. This includes such patterns as Libra and Scorpio, or even the Pig or Rat, from your world, or even The Lord from Nirn or Tiamat from Eberron.

Working on Sidereals. I was considering adding a clause to the first perk like the second has that lets you make new Sidereal Charms for new skills, but I'm not sure there are any that wouldn't already be covered by the 25 standard Abilities + Drive and Firearms. What's the thread think? Are there enough examples of things from other jumps that could be additional Abilities to base Charms on?
>>
>>50459002
If you want to make a God jump go ahead, just don't post it here.
>>
>>50458789
>since I prefer simpler solutions to problems.
I think most people prefer simplicity. At the same time in preferring simplicity, it makes it hard to criticize complexity, because most of the time people either don't have the time, the motivation, or the understanding to grasp what the complexity entails.

>>50458680
If you've been here for a year or two and stuck to one chain consistently, chances are you'll reach the same point as ASA eventually. It's just that most people don't post the combinations in their chain.
>>
>>50458024
Get Power Copying from Heroes. Copy Mr. Immortal from Marvel. Dude literally cannot die at all. He's fated to be the next Galactus.
>>
>>50458974
>hurting Superman
Just use magic.
>>
>>50458984
>Castlevania power of dominance
How bad a plan is this?

Also, Fem!Harry with PoD, beating the crap out of death in every setting we go to. Good plan or bad plan?
>>
>>50458974
Okay then, O all-knowing anon, what CAN the ring do?
>>
>>50458692
I do have an update planned but it's mostly for a mass import option and a few more drawbacks. The imaging makes that one a nightmare to edit though as I didn't really know what I was doing at the time (which is more or less the same story with Age of Mythology).

Interestingly enough Etrigan/Drop-In builds are far rarer than any of the other backgrounds I've seen. Guess most people don't want to lose control like that. Lantern Ring is far more popular but it's still not that widespread due to the price and because people generally don't like relying on an object for their powers.

The bit that's arguably lost it's luster is the Alien stuff but that's really more about the upping of strength/durability stuff in other jumps.

People talking about the Kilowog thing, the reason that's there is because human Green Lanterns tend to get new ridiculous powers every now and again so Kilowog was the example of a good lantern that mostly just does lantern stuff. The lantern ring is only there at all because it was in the jump before I inherited it off DC anon who had made a work in process but had put in something they called a Trainee Lantern Ring. The Trainee Lantern Ring never sat right with me as A) it's non canonical and B) in a fight with a lantern or equivalent you'd get totally murdered straight away. Taking stuff out would have screwed with builds so the much maligned Kilowog Klause was brought into effect.

tl;dr: the DC jump is sort of a mess but it's a weirdly functional one which gets a relatively broad range of builds. Not sure I want to start screwing around too much with that particular house of cards.
>>
>>50458822
No arguments here, I don't expect that I'd be able to reach Kilowag's level anyway. I just dislike the idea of hard caps, in this case I only have a token annoyance at it though because Kilowag is fucking awesome.

>>50458916
True, but that still makes the perk significantly more powerful than most of the others. It is fine in terms of the power it provides relative to the setting, its price, and the negative inherent to it but compared to most of the other perks available it is just better.
>>
>>50458974
Arguing that he's not as capable as he's shown to be in canon is kind of a retarded argument.
>>
>>50459014
You can literally buy Kryptonite in the jump, how does that add up to making a god jump?

Look, I'm done being baited here, have fun being a piece of shit.
>>
>>50459048
Do things like make a green fist or wall. Not let you beat up Superman. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1468632579882.jpg (422KB, 1085x999px) Image search: [Google]
1468632579882.jpg
422KB, 1085x999px
>>50459043
That's not what I said, and I'm not interested in wanking PoD. Thanks though, here's something for your efforts.
>>
>>50459059
Jumps limit things all the time. I'm limiting this.
>>
>>50459013
Meh, isn't it a sidereal thing not to get new charms?
>>
>>50459051
Eh. I like the lantern option, I chose to be a blue lantern because I really like the idea of them. There are plenty of settings where a blue lantern corps would be awesome.
>>
>>50459013
...I fucking adore that 400er, but I think you're getting a bit caught up in game mechanics.

Past that, I don't think so, necessarily. You could file away a lot of setting unique stuff under its own charm category, but there's good odds you'd end up stupid shit like having Zanjutsu (a Martial Art for shinigami) and Bonesinging (mix of Craft, Performance, and Occult) alongside the vanilla stuff.
>>
>>50459051
The Batman tree is fucking amazing. I get why people would take the other tree, all kinds of flashy powers, but the Batman tree is a top tier foundational / force multiplier tree.
>>
>>50459051
I don't think Alien stuff losing it's luster is because of other jumps as it is because people realise just how badly the Lantern option blows the rest of the stuff out of the water. Yeah you're relying on an item, but you're also getting the equivalent of a bunch of the alien and accident perks at millions of times more power for it. It's just absurdly stronger then the other stuff on offer.
>>
>>50459082
To be honest, that was just a thought that I, well, thought.

As for getting her attention... Well, I know she likes deadpool, so regen perks, 1 ups, and charisma perks.
>>
>>50459073
The Lantern Rings are stated /and/ considered by many characters to be the most powerful weapons in the Universe. There's a fucking reason for that.
>>
>>50459043
>power of dominance
fuck off
>>
>>50459051
I usually go Drop-In with a Lantern Ring, personally. The only thing I'd like better was if there was more magic stuff, but we're getting 3 DC magic jumps, so I'm satisfied.

Though I don't suppose you'll buff the physical abilities some? They re kind of underwhelming compared to most of the jump.
>>
>>50459101
You're being baited.
>>
>>50459085
Ooh, we can limit things that aren't ours now? I limit you to one cp per chain, and you have to take all drawbacks for no cp.
>>
>>50459101
>There's a fucking reason for that.
powerwankers.
>>
>>50459086
Yeah, that's why the only way to get more would be to introduce totally new abilities to get trees, like Shards does for Drive and Firearms. But I wasn't sure there is anything broad enough to justify it that isn't covered by another ability (Lore for hacking or War for video games) or a combination of other Abilities like >>50459093 says.
>>
>>50459100
>"I'm gonna be just like her ex, that'll totally win her over!"
Holy shit, son, put down the romcoms.
>>
>>50459013
Don't Celestial Exalts naturally develop Charms in response to humanly possible skills anyway, as a natural part of how their Exaltation works?

I like the other one though. I wonder what would happen trying to use it in Fallen London.
>>
>>50459085

>>50459112 I support this decision. Anyone else want to join in?
>>
Is Anon Heart around? I was wondering what sorts of things you can get with the Great Beasts bloodlines in Anima? Also, why's Ancient Blood separate from the other bloodlines if they're all 200 CP?
>>
>>50459085
Cool. I'm limiting you from being able to post on here then.
>>
>>50459073
>Do things like make a green fist or wall
Oh? And how do you know that?
>>
>>50459122
How do you think the Angels/Demons would react if I revealed that I can literally just make souls and threw some out there?
>>
>>50459051
Maybe give some of the perks a simple buff to be more competitive with both the mentioned "optimal" choices and the setting as a whole? That probably wouldn't break any builds.

As it stands there are two OTBs (I guess that means 2TB?) in the form of Mortal tree and the Lantern Ring, maybe three if the jumper knows Etrigan's feats.
>>
You know, I just thought of something. Can't you just...you know, take the Lantern Ring off? I mean, that's what Red Son Superman did to the Hal and the other Lanterns. Sure, they're powered by thought, but anyone who can move faster then you can think or who can stop time can just take it off your finger before you can do anything.
>>
>>50459126
Not Sidereals. They have a set pool of Charms based on Abilities and can't make new ones. They can only create new Charms based on astrological colleges or martial arts.
>>
>>50459112
I'll do him one better: I'll limit all his waifus to being 4 foot tall. All canonically giant waifus will be retconned into womanlets.
>>
>>50459148
Watched the movie.
>inb4 you start whining about comic shit
comics are absolute dreck, if you spend time sifting through them just to get more power in jumps it's pretty sad.
>>
>>50459101
Can't they synthesise kryptonite radiation or something? Superman is kind of at a massive disadvantage then.
>>
>>50459160
>the Hal
God damn it, me, why must you do these things?
>>
>>50459125
My understanding was that she liked him because she actually got to talk to him, versus just 'your dead now, have fun in your respective afterlife'.

So it might work? I dunno, I stopped reading comics a while ago.
>>
>>50459160
In an alternate universe that's how they got the Infinity Gauntlet off of Thanos. It was both super anticlimactic and super effective.
>>
>>50459160
Er, yes? Why wouldn't you be able to?
>>
>>50459133
Ancient Blood is just having nanomachines in you, while regular bloodlines are actual "someone in my family tree did the nasty with something weird" bloodlines. Mostly a flavor/clarity thing, I suppose. Especially with the Drop-In capstone getting it for free.
>>
>>50459160
Well, you could get that perk from FFTA that keeps people from stealing stuff from you.
>>
>>50459172
This is some next level shitposting. I got to admit this is something special.
>>
>>50459183
Pics please.
>>
>>50459149
I think that Superiors can already do that, and even it's not like there's a set number of souls in In Nomine. New ones get made all the time naturally. They'd just think you'd created some new Song or been given a rare, secret one.
>>
>>50459160
The ring is connected to you, when John Stewart tried to commit suicide he had to sent the ring light years away to keep it from protecting him. It came back almost instantly when he commanded it to return after the Martian talked him down.
>>
>>50459155
>>50459051
I have to agree. You don't really need to change anything that would affect existing builds, just buff some of the perks that font stack up so well with other stuff so people are more inclined to pick those than they are now.
>>
>>50459183
>OOPS, I LET GO OF THE CUBE
>tfw too tricky for your own good
>>
>>50459160
I think batman did it in the new 52 when he met green lantern.
>>
>>50459110
>>50459155
It's a bit of a "to what?" one though isn't it. Top tier speed and strength in DC blow the whole chain out of the water.

Guess I could always be a bit more coy about the physical stuff and put in some implications about room for growth. Wouldn't really be unheard of for capes to get stronger/faster/harder/more erect as time goes by.
>>
>>50459183
Wasn't there something about Thanos always sabotaging himself subconsciously. If that's true then using the infinity gauntlet is kind of a bad choice for him.
>>
>>50459148
>>50459174
Yes, this guy's full of shit. Power rings in DC can manipulate the fundamental forces of reality, and even matter directly. They're basically the Power Cosmic-lite-lite-lite.
>>
>>50459183
That makes a surprising amount of sense. I can only imagine Thanos' reaction.

>>50459184
I just figured I'd point it out, since no matter how strong the Ring is or isn't, it won't really matter if someone can just nab it off of you. Then again, I suppose that applies to all weapons now that I think about it...

>>50459188
I didn't even know that was a thing.

>>50459205
Ah, never mind then. If it's that simple to retrieve, then stealing it doesn't really matter-

>>50459214
Oh. Then...I guess that's no longer a thing? Wait, which canon does the DC jump go by anyway?
>>
>>50459220
Aren't you kind of granting really high tier strength and speed with the lantern ring already? I think people just want for it to not be a half dozen orders of magnitude more powerful then the rest of the perks, not for every perk to be the same level as a 1000cp item.
>>
>>50459197
It was a What If comic and Silver Surfer was the one that ended up with it. I can't the panel where he's successful, just the one where he isn't and the aftereffects of when he is.

It was an interesting story, though. Showed how omnipotence doesn't work with idealists. It ended up okay, actually it was a pretty sweet timeline in the end.

Google it and maybe you can find it.
>>
File: 1436835189512-1.png (118KB, 438x437px) Image search: [Google]
1436835189512-1.png
118KB, 438x437px
>>50459051
I actually find the Mortal line to have the most potential compared to The lantern Ring. It's the least limited and also the cheapest line. I could make myself a batman/lex luthor equivalent and those fuckers are powerhouses in their own right.
Love energy construct fuckery but the Lantern Ring just never clicked with me.

I was really upset that mother box and 25th century robot was nerfed HARD comparatively. Yet Lantern Ring is just not nerfed as much. Maybe an upgrade option to let jumpers get a version of the Motherbox/25th century robot with a couple of extra functions opened up to it.

I normally would target Drop-in. It just never had anything worth getting. And the Etrigon thing I disliked whole heartedly Gotta keep the multiple alter egos to a minimum famalam. Maybe if it had a couple more appealing options I'd consider it again. But I don't think I'll leave the Mortal Background line any time soon.
>>
>>50459186
Thank you.
>>
>>50456834
Cheat-Modding?
What jump is that perk from?
>>
>>50459220
...I like it.
>>
>>50459220
>Top tier speed and strength in DC blow the whole chain out of the water.
It's not like you can't just use some of the magical genetic perks in the chain to get there. Unless of course you completely limit that, which wouldn't be unheard of.

Though you could just offer mid-tier levels.
>>
File: kHgx10i.jpg (712KB, 945x1297px) Image search: [Google]
kHgx10i.jpg
712KB, 945x1297px
>>50459245
I think you can chose which DC setting you go to.
>>
>>50459245
>That makes a surprising amount of sense. I can only imagine Thanos' reaction.
It was Silver Surfer that did it, and Thanos was PISSED. SS revives everyone and starts remaking the universe. He remakes death into a barely clade cosmic hottie and Thanos just about loses his shit.

See: >>50459256. It ends up okay, but watching Thanos' tantrum is probably the best part.
>>
>>50459220
Maybe not quite top-tier, then? People were fine with Cracker Jack offering lower-feat Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman level abilities – in fact, they got annoyed that he was only originally offering upper Aquaman strength. And as it stands, you can get much better versions of strength from the cartoon DC Jumps...and that's just sad, honestly.

I know it's because of how different Jumpchain used to be, but that's just my two cents.
>>
>>50459266
Minecraft
>>
>>50459220
You don't need to offer top tier, just upper tier.

>>50459245
>Oh. Then...I guess that's no longer a thing? Wait, which canon does the DC jump go by anyway?
It flew out of Batman's hand and back to GL's finger the moment he gave it a mental command to do so. It can be stolen, it can just return instantly unless the thief sends it somewhere it can't return from. Like Apocolypse.
>>
>>50459240
I don't think they've really been able to do that since like the Silver Age? Not an expert, though.
>>
I fixed the typo's and stuff someone pointed out last time. Any suggestions for more improvements?
>>
>>50459302
Ah. So it's useless, then.
>>
>>50459285
>>50459309
Ah, I see. That makes sense. Also, good to know about the setting thing.

>>50459287
That does sound hilarious. I'll have to look that up sometime.
>>
>>50459321
Maybe add some backgrounds. Also perks, items, and drawbacks.
>>
>>50459300
So... get it from those other jumps? Honestly, I'm becoming less and less a fan of updating jumps because it just leads to people bitching about how older jumps aren't up to par, power wise, with newer jumps.

Expecting jumps to constantly keep up with the meta is retarded, clamoring for jump makers to revisit old products to update them every so often is entitled.

>>50459220
Honestly, the only thing I really think the DC jump needs is a companion section. Other than that it's good.
>>
>>50459287
>He remakes death into a barely clade cosmic hottie and Thanos just about loses his shit.
Kek. Pics?
>>
>>50459220
I like that, it really smacks of comics in general.
I always go for the Mortal perk line, those intellect and planning perks are so fine…

Since I'm posting, does anybody have a list of intelligence enhancing perks?
I need to get my brain on.
>>
>>50459321
And I completely forget the fucking PDF. Fantastic.
>>
File: Speedrun comments.png (24KB, 500x74px) Image search: [Google]
Speedrun comments.png
24KB, 500x74px
How often do you use out of context stuff to solve the plot in an hour?
>>
>>50459343
>>
>>50459276
>Though you could just offer mid-tier levels.

Define mid-tier levels.

>>50459309
>You don't need to offer top tier, just upper tier.

Define upper tier.
>>
>>50459341
I'm not saying it needs to keep up with the meta. Just saying it's kind of lacking some internal balance and there are justifications and solutions for what he was worried about.

I'm not demanding he update it, he said he already was. I was just having a discussion.
>>
>>50459220
>more erect
Yes. They laughed at your boner, now show them how many boners Cats can make!
>>
>>50459380
How about 'Someone with the equivalent of that 1000cp Lantern Ring option can't instantly exterminate you with a finger flick'? Doesn't need to be equal or even close, just not light years away like it is now.
>>
>>50449373
This reminds me if you do take last avenger and you imported companions do they also come with you to the crappy future universe? I was assuming no but I figured there is no harm in asking.
>>
>>50459380
>Define upper tier.
The complete set of Alien/flying brick perks should put you slightly below the likes of Superman's less bullshit interpretations.

Keeping in mind that Superman's less bullshit interpretations are gnats compared to DC's real top tier.
>>
>>50459220
Just think about this:

Buying all of Drop-In makes you equivalent to two of the smartest people on earth who routinely outperform Gods and god-like beings.

Buying all of Experiment or Alien makes you a c or d-lister with some kind of bland powers.
>>
>>50459465
Oops, I meant Mortal, not Drop-In.
>>
>>50459357
Well in HP I let Dumbles know about the face on the back of Quirrel's head ASAP.

But doesn't everyone do that?
I mean, I coulda handled it myself, maybe, but that would have taken effort.
I'm a lazy jumper.
>>
>>50459440
>The complete set of Alien/flying brick perks should put you slightly below the likes of Superman's less bullshit interpretations.

Superman's less bullshit interpretations are literally him getting knocked off his feet by trains and tossing tanks which is what the Alien strength and durability perks do.

The problem is that the upper limit of strengths of these characters jumps around so wildly that nobody can really say what mid-tier or upper-tier is supposed to look like.
>>
>>50459341
>Expecting jumps to constantly keep up with the meta is retarded, clamoring for jump makers to revisit old products to update them every so often is entitled.

It's a stupid situation that perverts and twists advancements to the meta and then for some jumpmakers it suddenly becomes this self enforced contest where they think that the meta is what makes the jump, rather than the IP itself. No jumpmaker should be forced into a circumstance where they think they're forced to add in some form of meta, especially if they can't write well enough for it to fit anyways. You just end up with works that even the authors can't stomach.
>>
>>50459512
You know less bullshit doesn't only mean 'weakest possible interpretation' right?
>>
>>50459526
But in this case, throwing a tank isn't representative of DC superhumans.
>>
>>50459526
Which isn't the problem here, despite some people's efforts to paint it as the problem. The problem is a severe imbalance within the jump between a few of the perks and the rest of the jump.
>>
>>50459341
>So... get it from those other jumps?
>Interjump balance
See >>50459465
>>50459481

Mortal perk line, for what it is, completely BTFOs every other Origin.
And then there's the Lantern Ring, which puts you right at top tier, making the Alien Origin pointless.
As it is, there's literally no reason to not take the Mortal Origin with a Lantern Ring, unless you think you're being 'quirky' and randumb.
>>
>>50459527
I didn't say weakest, I said less bullshit. Like new 52 superman can survive limited time in the earth's core but probably not bench press a fucking planet.
>>
>>50459552
Depends whether you're balancing power level or appeal though. As cats said earlier nobody ever takes the Etrigan option.
>>
>>50459559
Ahuh. That's why New52 Supes pushes around planet sized objects multiple times and his punches can shake a whole planet.
>>
>>50459559
That's actually a terrible example. New 52 Supes can literally lift the planet for days on end without exposure to sunlight.

I'm on your side, but just saying.
>>
>>50459552
If this >>50459051 is anything to go by it appears that really only you see it as a problem that needs to be addressed.
>>
>>50459555
The thrust of your argument deals with the fact that the tank perks aren't as strong as they are in other jumps. Yes, you can put a nice face on it and say that the mortal perks are "better" than the tanking perks, but this is really about buffing the tanking tree.

Call it what it is, dude, you just want more power. I gave you a way to do that. It's just that simple.
>>
>>50459574
So it's also got a problem with some of the perks being totally unappealing on top of everything else then?
>>
>>50459555
Don't forget the demon, might not be the most appealing option but as an Etrigan rip off you'd be able to compete physically with superman and being magic based possibly beat him in a mindless conflict.
>>
File: 1469317901613.png (158KB, 379x425px) Image search: [Google]
1469317901613.png
158KB, 379x425px
Man Kamen Rider Ryuki is a really fun watch.
>>
>>50459574
Because giving up control to a demon and being trapped in Hell in his place is kind of a shitty deal?
>>
>>50459587
Cats doesn't address the problem at all in that post. He, like you, ignores what everyone is saying about it being an intra jump balance issue to try and make it an inter jump balance issue so it can be easily dismissed. It's telling that you have to do that rather then answer the problem.
>>
>>50459584
>>50459586
Right, bad example but you get what I'm trying to say right?
>>
>>50459592
Okay, then he should nerf Mortal and remove the Power Ring.
>>
>>50459601
What's this one about?
>>
>>50459619
Yeah.
>>
Cats shoulda ignored them instead of giving him hope, that's when he really starts rapid-firing bait.
>>
>>50459619
Not really. You keep trying to say that the alien perks do make you equal with 'less busllhit' superman. Which is technically correct, if you're taking 'less bullshit' superman as being superman from the first cartoon or from the early comics. It's not even equal to any of the movie Superman interpretations, much less 90% of the comic ones. Aquaman has better showings then the perks you get in jump.

If the jump was all around that power level, it might work. But you have the Lantern Ring at Kilowog power levels. Or Mortal perks at Batman and Lex levels. Doesn't Lex make power armours that let him go 1v1 against much stronger versions of Superman then the perks in jump give?
>>
>>50459652
Great, another guy here to dismiss everything he doesn't like as bait. We can only hope Cats ignores shitheads like you and can talk to people like a reasonable adult.
>>
File: 1477193291701.jpg (61KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
1477193291701.jpg
61KB, 680x660px
>>50459632
The best way I can summarize Ryuki is that it's a longer, arguably better-executed Madoka, except with toku instead of magical girls. What's keeping my attention is that the directing and pacing is actually really good past the first episode, and the characters are keeping my attention.

I really like it so far.
>>
File: 1476450735945.png (448KB, 633x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476450735945.png
448KB, 633x480px
I've said from the very beginning that inter-jump balance is fucking stupid.

A jump should be balanced against its setting and be fully or at least relatively self-contained in terms of power scaling. You should be able to survive and thrive within a setting with what can be purchased there. It should take no consideration whatsoever to anything in other jumps or settings.

If a jump is redone it should be because it is unbalanced against itself or in response to new material within the setting, not because of some dank new meta that comes along and people complain about it "unbalancing" Jumpchain as if that fucking matters in the slightest.
>>
I'm not trying to badger Cats. Sorry if it comes off that way.
>>
>>50459632
Basically a Grail War only with Kamen Riders. Complete with monsters you need to constantly provide energy instead of Servants. It's also a very close precursor to Madoka Magica.
>>
>>50459670
What I was saying was a suggestion to buff the Alien/Flying brick perks to be competitive with the other, better options in the jump and using "less bullshit interpretations of superman" as a recommended baseline.
>>
>>50459692
>If a jump is redone it should be because it is unbalanced against itself
Yes, that is what people are arguing for. They want the jump to be internally balanced you fucking mong. Are you not able to understand this basic fact that has been told to you several times by now?
>>
>>50459692
And that's what we're saying, mang. One Origin shouldn't make you a combination of one of the Big Three and another Big Three's archenemy while the others make you a street-leveller.
>>
>>50459692
You are literally ignoring what people have been saying this whole discussion.
>>
>>50459706
So that's why you said the perks in jump reflect 'less bullshit superman' already? Anon, can you at least be honest when anyone can go back to here >>50459512 and see you're lying?
>>
>>50459710
>One Origin shouldn't make you a combination of one of the Big Three and another Big Three's archenemy

...without plot armour.

Which is a pretty big distinction given we're talking about Lex and the god damn Batman.
>>
>>50459692
>You should be able to survive and thrive within a setting with what can be purchased there.
If you think any of the perklines or items besides Mortal or the Lantern Ring will let you do this, then you're a dumb-ass. Like, unbelievably so.
>>
>>50459357
My literal autism helpd me out in the schooby doo jump, as I have memorised every villan for the the setting I rolled.
>>
>>50459721
I'm not the guy you linked to in your post, I'm the anon he is replying to.
>>
do you get the 100 cp items for free for your background in the dc jump
>>
>>50459706
Rewrite the perks as you'd like them written.

I'd like to see what you come up with for Flight, Superspeed, Durability and Strength.

Show us what you actually mean by "less bullshit interpretations of superman" because that doesn't really tell us anything.
>>
>>50459734
Batman's the one with notable plot armour. I can't recall Lex having it particularly bad, given his main opponents are generally people who won't kill whereas most of the ones Batman fights should have killed him long ago.
>>
>>50459692
I dunno about them complaining about the DC jump perks making you way weaker than the new series, the Silver Age is something you can go to and people in that setting are kind of retardedly powerful and would utterly stomp their counterparts from more modern settings. It's got nothing to do with changes in the DC setting.
>>
>>50459749
I...don't really understand, especially given the comment chain is us directly replying to each other. If you are, I don't know why you're responding as if you are that guy when you aren't.
>>
>>50459750
Not if they don't say you do.

>>50459758
Given all the shit he's pulled the fact morally grey heroes don't explode his head every time he goes outside indicates some pretty top grade plot armour.
>>
>>50459709
>>50459716
>reading through a 200 post long shitstorm
No thanks. But if that's what's happening then at least it's something.

>>50459742
I don't fucking think anything. I just see things being remade and assume the worst at this point.
>>
how much does it cost to get all the mortal perks
>>
>>50459788
>I just see things being remade and assume the worst at this point.
People are bitching at CCDT because the strength and durability perks aren't as good as the newer cape jumps. They're using the Mortal tree and the GL ring as their basis for lobbying for more power, but again and again when pushed they keep wanting more power.

There's no need to update that portion of the DC jump, it's just people looking for a cheap easy way to Kryptonian.
>>
>>50459787
Pretty sure if that's your definition of plot armour, then basically every hero and/or villain has extreme plot armour. From people not somehow easily finding out hero's identites with the super high tech they have and then bombing their homes to dust to villains, the ones who aren't just psychos or demons or whatever, like Lex or any other villain with an alter ego, not just getting sniped by ordinary authorities because of how blatantly obvious their super villain identities are.

>>50459788
Then piss off. You're actively dragging this place into a shit storm because you're so pathetically salty you can't let anyone else even try for a reasonable discussion.
>>
>>50459814
You are literally shit posting. And straight up lying. How do you even have any self respect?
>>
>>50459758
Didn't he become president and throw it all away when he used power amor to try to kill super man? Considering some of the stuff he's pulled I'd say the fact that he still has a business and public opinion of him isn't that he's utterly fucking insane and needs to die is pretty good plot armor.
>>
>>50459788
Dude... I can't blame you for it. But you're harshing the mood down and ruining the case for people trying to legitimately argue against it.
>>
>>50459814
>it's just people looking for a cheap easy way to Kryptonian.
No, it's not. It's that Mortal and Power Ring are by far the most optimal purchases in the jump.

Also, there's already a cheap, easy way to Kryptonian. It's called Animorphs.
>>
If you really want a DC jump that gives you top tier tanking perks, strength and durability, why not just make a new DC jump? There are tons of DC IPs out there. Pick one and make a jump.
>>
>>50459757
>Flight
Should to out at a few (say 3 or 4?) times the speed of sound.

>Superspeed
A little bit faster than above with proportional reflexes and thought speed.

>Durability
Survive but seriously injured by a modern nuke

>Strength
Lift a cruise ship

I personally wouldn't use exact measurements as that leads to issues, examples of the best feats you could achieve with the perk are better in my opinion.
>>
>>50459863
>Should to out at
Should top out at
>>
>>50459861
Yeah, but that takes actual work, whereas reeeing at jumpmakers in an attempt to get them to go away doesn't.
>>
>>50459863
>>Strength
>Lift a cruise ship
Cruise ships are between 20k - 60k tons. Let me say that again, twenty thousand tons to sixty thousand tons.

That would be a highly bullshit perk and would do exactly what you're arguing against.

You do realize we had these discussions years ago when this jump came out, right? You're just rehashing old ground, and you're adding nothing to this discussion.
>>
>>50459861
Because they're really fucking lazy and would rather somebody else do the work and the writing than go through the process of making a jump and either getting shit on, or getting ignored, or getting told to fuck off.
>>
>>50459780
The post you liked in this quote.
>Anon, can you at least be honest when anyone can go back to here >>50459512 and see you're lying?
is not me.

Presumably he is someone who has already left the conversation, I am>>50459440. Who the post you liked to was replying to.
>>
>>50459861
Because the people that bitch about things aren't the people that do things in this thread.
>>
>>50459900
>That would be a highly bullshit perk
Really? Please explain how that is "highly bullshit".
>>
>>50459915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
>>
>>50459863
For durability I'd say something more along the lines of needing the force required to punch you through a building to injure you. Being punched through a building is a pretty normal thing in flying brick fights. Strength would be something like lifting a plane instead maybe?
>>
>>50459900
Why? It is a reasonable level of strength in the context of the setting.
>>
>>50459757
Not him, but I'll take a crack at it.

Strength: Whether due to a being born with a meta-gene, blessed by gods, or simply having a natural ability innate to your species, your physical strength is extreme. Throwing aircraft carriers or catching falling planes is easy for you and if you played chicken with a train, you'd win. You're not necessarily as strong as Superman, but he'll feel it if you deck him – might even get a black eye.

Durability: You're a tough bastard. You're not exactly going to be ignoring punches from Superman, but most conventional weaponry is outright useless against you. You could potentially even survive a small nuke, but expect to feel it in the morning.

Speed: Zoom zoom. You have a weak connection to the Speed Force, making you extremely fast. You could run through a warzone and catch hundreds of bullets in a second. This also allows some more esoteric effects related to the Speed Force, such as phasing, speed stealing, and speed sharing. You'll never outrun the Flash, but you'll be the fast man in most worlds.
>>
>>50448707
I've got a cerberus that's essentially a dog that's cobbled together from every (worthy) pet i can buy. He's a smart dog, but not human intelligent.
>>50459353
Condense the text boxes to put more than one on a page. Much easier to read and enjoyable to jump. Great work btw
>>
>>50459921
Because a perk that lets you lift between 20000 tons and 60000 tons is going to be seen as a must have. If your whole argument is, as you say, just about balancing the trees then making a perk that much stronger than the rest of the perks completely undermines that effort.

You are either retarded or you are trolling.

Also, you completely failed to address the fact that I pointed out all the arguments you're using were brought up years ago when this jump dropped. I'm sorry you weren't here then to weigh in, but you're not bringing anything new to the table.
>>
>>50459955
>punch through building
>lifting a plane
All of those examples are pretty much already comparable to the current perk. Like, it's pretty much nearly the exact same.
>>
>>50459971
The Ed Edd and Eddy jump literally gives you that much strength. You're a fucking retard.
>>
Fuck.

This whole argument is bait, isn't it? I've just been fucking baited, haven't I.
>>
>>50459955
For durability I used a nuke because that is usually what puts the lower interpretations of superman down for the count for a while (read he was shriveled, near dead, and wouldn't have gotten back up for a long time without his healing factor). As for the strength maybe a plane would be better.
>>
>>50459900
>highly bullshit
No it isn't. This is DC Comics.
That kind of thing is middling tier for a relatively strong metahuman in DC. Honestly if you're not pushing at the very least 100k tons then you can't do shit to the majority of the bigger threats there.
>>
>>50459592
I just find it weird and unbalanced that the Mortal perk line puts you on level with Lex and Batman, but the Alien perks put you at street level.
It's supposed to be for the DC comics, but the physical perks don't match the mental ones, and that's a fact.

It doesn't matter how hard you support interjump balance; this jump has One True Build syndrome bad.

>>50459814
>it's just people looking for a cheap easy way to Kryptonian.
Please. If people wanted to go Kryptonian all they'd have to do is hit up Animorphs before going to DC. Boom.
You are now literally Kal-El.
>>
>>50459971
>Because a perk that lets you lift between 20000 tons and 60000 tons is going to be seen as a must have.
Oh, you mean compared to a Lantern Ring that lets you pull giant spaceships out of black holes or blow up moons with a thought?

It won't be a must-have, it'll just make other parts of the jump be less of a must-have.
>>
File: 09q4t908qrk955qrw44.gif (644KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
09q4t908qrk955qrw44.gif
644KB, 245x300px
>>50459992
>>
>>50459971
>You are either retarded or you are trolling.
Funny, I was about to say the same thing about you. Actually, no. I'm going to say it. The only way you could think that is if you're either retarded or trolling.

That's barely impressive within the context of the setting, only impressive in none of the other jumps of comparable settings, and certainly not impressive at all within the context of the jump itself.

I mean, how the fuck can someone seriously claim that being able to lift a cruise ship is at all "bullshit" next to planetary levels of strength, being a prep-god, or anything even partially relevant in DC?
>>
>>50459992
You do realize >>50455139 was halfway up the thread right
>>
>>50459971
The problem with using tonnage to measure strength perks is that no one has any fucking clue what that means. We go around talking about this many or that many tons of strength but that is completely meaningless because we don't fucking know what that translates to in terms of feats.

Perks should give examples of their capabilities in terms of feats because we can judge them compared to the setting more easily than, "duh that number is bigger than the other number".
>>
>>50459992
Yes. I warned you.
>>
>>50460004
Except without comic grade plot armour Lex and Bats ain't shit and there's been takers for all origins.
>>
>>50460039
>>50460049
My bad.
>>
>>50459992
>This whole argument is bait, isn't it?
Sort of, the shitposter is same fagging on both sides of the argument to turn it into a pointless cluster fuck. I think he's succeeding.
>>
>>50459981
I was thinking of the classic catching an airliner thing. The most common airliners are around 80 tons I think.
>>
>>50460076
333.4 tons actually.
>>
>>50460004
Unless you go to one of the settings where kryptonians have DRM on their DNA. Then there's a possibility of the morphing technology really messing you up if you try to morph them.
>>
>>50460070
This is an accurate statement. It's also sad that we can't talk about old jumps without fear of him turning it into a nerf / buff shitstorm. Props to his concern trolling in this thread, this is some of his better work.
>>
>>50460076
The perk allows you to throw a 25-ton tank with ease. Lifting 75+ tons shouldn't be much of a problem for you.
>>
>>50459689
Major spoiler, but: It is exactly like Madoka. Even down to the hero dying in the final battle and the supporting heroine using her wish to erase the source of the problem from the timeline. Urobuchi ripped off the entire thing. The entire damn story.
>>
>>50459861
>There are tons of DC IPs out there. Pick one and make a jump.

>Still no Adam West Batman jump
>No perk that lets you keep a straight face no matter what
>No free themesong perk that's literally just na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na JUMPER!
>No drawback where Earth is invaded by the show's version of Darkseid
Get on it.
>>
>>50460098
Maybe. Just scan Superman or Supergirl, then. They got past the DRM.
>>
>>50460166
No, they just have the first part of the DRM lifted, the part that makes it impossible to take someone off Krypton. They still have the anti-copying part, that's why Bizarro am yes perfect original.
>>
An old jump with some questionable balance/power levels is brought up now that the tread has become slightly less conservative in terms of power levels.

Some anons want some perks buffed for X reasons,
Other anons want them to stay the same for Y reasons,
The jump maker doesn't really want to overhaul his jump,
And the shitposter wants to turn this discussion into a shitstorm

I'd bet money that the shitposter is the only one happy with how this conversation went.
>>
>>50460166
They got past the DRM by being licensed users, not by removing it. Now look at all the times cloning Superman went horribly wrong. By trying to use Animorphs on him you're risking turning into Bizzaro or worse.
>>
>>50460232
>>50460245
True but out of context methods might work better, for example Animorphs would essentially be like making an image of a system that has a licensed version of the software and an Omnitrix is just complete bullshit when it comes to DNA.

Grumble robots/rocks/living universes having DNA grumble grumble.
>>
>>50460288
Oh, an Omnitrix could probably do it. I'm not sure if the Escafil Device could, given that there are plenty of times it screws up in canon, but the Omnitrix is bullshit enough that I'd believe it.
>>
>>50460332
>>50460288
Wait, wouldn't the "Jump Lock" prevent that?
>>
>>50460241
He's the one that starts these "conversations"
>>
>>50460288
I'd like to think that the Omnitrix actually scans the method of encoding information that other species uses instead of DNA and what Ben is told about it is because that was the easiest way to explain it to him.
>>
>>50460340
Doesn't look like it. The Jump Lock prevents ridiculously OP species. Kryptonians are powerful, but it's Superman himself that's ridiculously OP. Other Kryptonians are strong but not the near-godlike being he is.
>>
>>50460340
The mentioned OP aliens are a sentient infinity gauntlet and a time traveler, you explicitly have access to a small planetoid. Superman is not on that level.
>>
>>50460376
>to a small planetoid.
buster
to a small planatoid buster
>>
>>50460232
>>50460245
First of all, cloning is completely different. There are several advantages Morphing has over cloning, and Morphing hasn't been shown to suffer any such problems except for Nothlits.

Second, the first Bizarro included samples from Solomon Grundy, and was built based on the assumption that Superman was a human, his creator in effect trying to make Superman from human DNA using remote scanners instead of actually collecting the DNA. The second Bizarro was taken from similar samples, and was made when there was explicitly a clone plague going around. The third is completely irrelevant as he was literally made with magic. Connor Kent was made by splicing Kryptonian DNA into a human, which turned out relatively well for such a process.

Also, all Kryptonians were literally born from cloning vats and had a reserve of clones for spare parts. Cloning one shouldn't be as hard as you make it sound, especially considering you're not actually cloning them.
>>
>>50460340
Superman is powerful, but he isn't even close to the Ben 10 aliens that were blocked by jump lock.

Those were a time traveler and literally god, the ultraman alien on the other hand which you explicitly can use can bust planets when out of atmosphere.
>>
>>50460332
>Capable of genetic manipulation/healing damage
>If tampered with can cause a feedback loop that would destroy the universe
>Can simulate evolution over a period of millions of years
>Apparently handles the changes in users size by directly converting energy to matter and vice versa
It has some pretty bullshit abilities even without letting you turn into aliens.
>>
>>50460406
Man, retcons have gotten weird. I have never heard these things about Solomon Grundy DNA before. When were they introduced?

As for morphing, the Escafil Device fucks up all the time. Remember the time it kept turning Marco into horrible monsters because he was upset about his dad remarrying? Or the time that it turned an art crawling on it into a horrible ant-Cassie hybrid? Or the time the team morphed something too small, and wound up with their consciousnesses stuck with the majority of their mass in Z-space? Or just the general fucked-up-itness of morphing sequences in general? I do not trust that thing to handle my biology. I'm skipping that damn perk, in Animorphs. It says free, not mandatory.
>>
>>50460429
It could probably repair Bizarro's DNA let alone get past the DRM.
>>
>>50460438
Oh, another one I just remembered: That time Rachel acquired the DNA of an alligator (or maybe crocodile, I don't remember), and it turned out she was allergic to crocodile DNA, so she kept randomly morphing into things and losing her mind as animal instincts took over, and eventually a crocodile just erupted from her flesh in a horrible Cronenbergian nightmare. Yeah, fuck the Escafil Device.
>>
>>50460438
>Remember the time it kept turning Marco into horrible monsters because he was upset about his dad remarrying?
Emotions do effect the morphing process, but that's technically operator error.
>Or the time that it turned an art crawling on it into a horrible ant-Cassie hybrid?
The ant was given the ability to morph, it's as simple as that.
>Or the time the team morphed something too small, and wound up with their consciousnesses stuck with the majority of their mass in Z-space?
There was an Andalite ship passing by at the time, Ax himself admitted that though it was possible, the odds of it happening was like being struck by lightning twice and then winning the lottery in one day.

>Or just the general fucked-up-itness of morphing sequences in general?
It's nano-bio-technology with dimensional displacement stacked on top. It's gonna be fucked up.

>>50460475
That's because the DNA is kept inside the bloodstream, and then bullshit scifi rules take over from there.
The Cronenbergian nightmare is the resolution. That's how the tech in her body got rid of the morph. Which is rather inefficient, but still.
>>
>>50460438
I dunno, man. The majority of horrible morphs happened in times of emotional distress. But it reliably acquiring and allowing morphs that should literally be completely impossible of such a large variety of different aliens... Well, it should be able to acquire "complex" DNA relatively easily all things considered. Even so, it's not like Superman doesn't have physical peers in either DC or Marvel without DRM. Also, you'd be cloning a species of clones, so it should be possible eventually. It might not be instant, but it's relatively easy for something with such massive gains.
>>
>>50460518
All fair points, and I am aware of them. I was just trying to emphasize how fucked up this thing is. I want nothing to do with it, I do not trust the technology. Not yet, anyway, it's supposedly a pretty recent invention and I'm therefore willing to see what the Andalites do with another hundred years or so to refine it.
>>
>>50460547
Or Jumpers. Just do SCIENCE upon it and see what you come up with. At the very least you should be able to make it safer and faster.
>>
File: IMG_0661.png (175KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.png
175KB, 894x894px
So new gimmick chain
Jump One: Paprika
Scientist (free)
Proof of Concept (free)
Intermesh Capacity (700)
Gently Down the Stream (500)
The One Eyed Man (300)
Mandala - Morpheus (-300)
Parody of Utopia (-200)
REM Atonia (-100)
Dying Literatcy (0)
Ten years in solipsistic hell, no distinction between waking or sleeping. A terrible start for a jumper, but a relatively safe one once they locked him in a padded room and started working on reducing the severity of his dreams. In the end he gained control of his torment, and now embarks to other worlds to spread his enlightenment. Where shall he go first? Doing a roll setup.

Points to whoever recognizes my pic.
>>
>>50460586
I trust my own science even less. I know the sort of horrible things I've made, no way I'm putting those in my body.
>>
>>50460518
>That's how the tech in her body got rid of the morph.
So Animorphs wok's via cybernetics? Is there actual hardware in the body or is it nanobots or what?
>>
We've had this conversation so many times yet people still go for Kryptonian DNA instead of just shaking Martian Manhunter's hand.
>>
>>50460518
Just remembered that the DNA is stored in the bloodstream. That's glorious. Now my blood is even more bizarre: consisting of rainbow glowing anti reality (Webmage), Kaiju Blue (Pacific Rim), Gatorade (Barkley’s Shut & Jam Gaiden), Dust (RWBY), Blood Saint (Bloodborne), tiny shark blood cells (Street Sharks), whatever the stuff from Deadman Wonderland does and now the collective DNA of hundreds of species.
>>
>>50460587
I read that as grimdark chain.
>>
>>50460587
What's Paprika?

I send you to Generic Creepypasta.
>>
>>50460616
Because Superman is more iconic? Because we can do that without the DRM issue so why bother mentioning it?
>>
>>50460616
People don't want to catch fire.
It's understandable. DC martians are kind of nutters depending.
That and Superman is several orders of magnitude more popular.
>>
>>50460613
It's extradimensional nano-biotech. You're full of biomechanical nanites that can exchange mass between our reality and the "zero space" reality that is used for FTL in the Animorphs series. I can't remember if they can be tested for, I don't think that issue when they had to shrink down and enter Marco's body as sharks to kill the microscopic aliens that were infecting him (long story) had them run into any of the nanites, but I know that whatever storage system they use for the DNA they've gathered can be.

>>50460616
You're late to the party. We've moved on to discussing the body horror of the Animorphs series, now. Keep up.
>>
>>50460626
Get the perk from Assassin's Creed that lets you pass on skills genetic powers through blood transfusions - give them skill at an animal form and a particular morph.
>>
>>50460587
Hey, you're kind of the resident Stand expert. Can I get your opinion on this?
>>50453249
>>
>>50460639
Paprika is a very unsettling Japanese animated movie based on an equally unsettling Japanese novel. It's not quite horror. Not quite. But it's about the dream world and the real world blending together after an experiment with a device that allows people to view others' dreams goes horribly wrong. One of the recurring motifs of the story, which I find most unsettling, is the "Crazy Parade", a swarm of animate objects that bend and flex unnaturally so as to shuffle in a bizarre march from dream to dream, infecting minds with madness along the way. When the dream world breaks out into the real world, people who get too close to it get drawn in and transformed. It's a disturbing scene. The music associated with it in the movie version doesn't help any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QpfLV8dQw
>>
>>50460587
...I think you're the first person outside of ASA that I've seen use one of the alternative branch capstones haha.

Guh this makes me realize it's going to be difficult to fit companions into my own build for the jump if I want either of the Mandalas.

Weren't you going to hunt for some other dream jumps to build a foundation first though?

How many Planescape related jumps are there anyways?
>>
>>50460649
If you do morph a green martian would you inherit the genetic mind twisting the guardians did to them though?
>>
>>50460707
And just the music, if you want, since it cuts off when people start transforming in the clip I posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0
>>
>>50460710
Probably but there is a perk in a nasu jump that no sells any racial weaknesses you have. That one is also good for Kryptonians.
>>
>>50460587
We have a Paprika Jump? I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>50460732
But that's not really a weakness.
It's just a genetic predisposition to not be a crazed lunatic like normal.
Untampered Martians are genocidal maniacs, so if animorps doesn't grab the tampering you're going to have a bad tiime.
>>
>>50460754
I was referring to the fire part.
>>
Just to be clear, if you buy the Omnitrix, you can potentially unlock the Master Control and make it so it doesn't time out even pre-spark? A little confused by the wording.
>>
>>50460748
Dirge doesn't put his stuff up on the drive anymore, for some reason. I've been keeping my own drive. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1noIvfC0-n5WkZyZGJ5WWFGRUk
>>
>>50460777
Dirge puts stuff up when he considers it ready to go on the drive, are these just the things he's posted to the thread?
>>
>>50460732
That's terrible idea. Green Martians are just White Martians with an artificial weakness/limiter. If No Sell removes that limiter, you're fucked.
>>
>>50460777
Well, that's helpful, thank you.

Is there a reason his stuff doesn't go on the drive? Has he asked for it not to be?
>>
>>50460709
none
>>
>>50460777
Well considering he posted them in thread, checking the archives, you could upload them onto the drive yourself

No one seems to do that these days
>>
>>50460710
Not that anon, but I'm actually not sure.
Morphing tech copies the DNA as-is, and when you transform, you're supposed to become an identical copy of the animal as they were when you acquired them, minus things like scars and stuff.
Injuries are reset between morphs, even when going back to your actual body. You could morph, lose all your limbs, and then demorph and remorph and you'll be totally fine.

It depends on whether or not the morphing tech views the tampering as damage, I suppose.

It really makes you think how amazing a perfected, diagnostic version of this tech could be. You could heal from anything that didn't immediately kill you.
I wonder why the Andalites never modified it to give their soldiers bullshit regeneration.

Eh, it probably caused supercancer or some bullshit.
>>
>>50460707
Wait, if that's you dirge-are those jumps you released a while back all ready for builds and stuff? I forgot which letter means "ready for builds but still being polished"

Fugg, 4 more hours until I get off work
>>
>>50460813
He just doesn't upload it himself.
It's not like he doesn't want it getting on the drive.
Probably something to do with how harsh he is on himself.
>>
>>50460800
No, I've asked him about it. It's not just a "doesn't think it's ready for the drive" thing, he just doesn't put them up. You can tell from the designations that he gives them that some of them he considers done, he still just hasn't wanted to upload.

>>50460813
>>50460827
He's said he's fine with someone else putting them up, I just feel vaguely uncomfortable with the thought of that for some reason. And yet I'm fine with putting them in a separate drive and giving it to anyone that asks. Yeah, that's dumb. I should just put them up, get it over with.
>>
>>50460777
I'll temporarily open my drive of completed jumps to public when I dump the 253X batch (a week, two weeks? I'm not sure), you can grab whatever you want from the completed ones then. Paprika is pretty much complete at .99, I don't think I've gotten any requests for major changes. By general standards it seems that most of my .5s are jumpable.
>>
>>50460843
He uploads in batches, the next batch isn't ready yet.
>>
>>50460813
Nah he's just a lazy bugger and everyone else is an even lazier bugger

Just search his username and pdf into 4plebs and you'll find all of those
>>
>>50460835
I am not dirge_, just someone who finds Paprika to be deeply disturbing and doesn't know why he keeps talking about it because he'd honestly like to forget the whole thing.
>>
>>50460844
>>50460849
Alright, I'll wait for the next batch. Sorry to cause a bother.
>>
Has anyone Claimed a DC Animated Films jump?
>>
>>50460635
More solipsism with really nasty backstory. They called him mad, mad I tell you.
>>50460668
Seems decent, could see a decent Stand battle happening with it. The really interesting question is whether the Stand can be used on detached limbs or organs? Having your arm keep moving after they blow it off is a great party trick. Approximately right amount of weirdness and strength to work as a Stand, though you may want to be careful about getting completely pulped. Or getting trapped in situations where you stop thinking due to being a greasy smear on the floor with no functioning method of interaction.
>>
>>50460835
For things with no scenario sections.
IC .1 - Only basic perk functions filled in.
IC .2 to .49 - Sections complete save for perk fluffing.
IC .5 - Jumpable but lacks perk fluff, open to change depending on critique/requests
IC .99 - Ready to jump, final checks.
F 1.0 - Technical completion.

For things with scenarios I fluff everything out before calling it a .5, and .99 is where the scenarios are fluffed out and filled in. Technically if you don't care too much about scenarios .5s are jumpable.
>>
>>50460881
Don't think so.
>>
>>50460844
From what I'm seeing, Paprika is completely ready to be put on the drive.

I didn't even see it posted or else you would have gotten a much larger reaction. I love Paprika and am glad to see someone with talent for the craft making it into a Jump.
>>
How does the Justice League Watchtower teleporter work?
Is it portals or more like Star Trek?
>>
>>50460813
There was an incident in the past where I was at fault. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

I find it easier to work with things when I organize them all on my own drive now, and if people want to see the jumps they can just find archivists like anon here >>50460777. ASA and Spyro tend to hoard my drops as well.
>>
>>50460884
Thanks.

>The really interesting question is whether the Stand can be used on detached limbs or organs? Having your arm keep moving after they blow it off is a great party trick.
Didn't even think of that. That's a neat idea.
>>
>>50460881
Which animated films did you have in mind?
>>
>>50460969
Could you please answer >>50454636? I made a build for it but haven't put it in my chain yet since it seems it isn't finished yet.
>>
>>50460924
I can understand that. Well, thanks again for making Paprika and doing such a good job on it. I have SUCH PLANS!
>>
>>50460881
Maybe wait until the animated JLD film comes out and see if it establishes more to the magic side of it? Could see it working, though.
>>
>>50460907
It depends on the setting/continuity.
>>
>>50460990
Oh, my bad. It's pretty much done. Mostly it'll just get some more items added for Monsters and some more drawbacks and a couple of minor changes for some of the existing drawbacks.

I'm going to try to finish it soon, but life is kind of hectic right now because exams are starting.
>>
>>50460978
The series of connected ones that JL War kicked off. NOT claiming it right now, just checking to see if it was worth coming up with some ideas.

>>50461001
That is a good point, though being as the movies are based on the New 52/Rebirth JLD which we already have a jump for. Regardless as said above, I'm not claiming it at the moment.
>>
Can we combine fanfiction with the fanfiction drawback? Because part of me wants to mess with certain SIs by having them show up in fanfiction worlds instead of canon.
>>
>>50461040
Thanks.
>>
>>50460777
>Chocobo's Dungeon
Yessss

Though I've gotta say, I'm glad the concept of an item-centric origin is being used in a jump. Haven't seen it in anything besides Pokemon Trainer, and it always struck me as something that could work!
>>
>>50461077
I don't think so. That would be interesting, though.
>>
>>50461077
I think the Naruto and NGE ones work like that if you get them for points.
You can't pick how it works in character, but there's nothing stopping you from writing that as how it goes other than your own restraint.
>>
>>50460709
Probably intersperse dream jumps every so often. Something like every fifth jump or so assuming none rolled, Paprika already gives a decent starting footing for it, even if he's not going to be able to whip it out frequently yet on his own. Alternative Branches are fun, if a bit build warping to take.

That's actually a good question. Dark Sun and Ravenloft have the whole planar lock issue. Which leaves Forgotten Realms and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. Not OOTS though, it uses a fairly different cosmology from normal 3.5.
>>
/jc/ it's my 21st birthday, and I'm a bit tipsy.
So tell me some stories of when you and your companions got drunk.
>>
>>50461091
I think generally the issue with an item based origin is whether the items themselves are worth it. In a way with Nadesico it was slightly easier to make an item based origin (as far as justification goes) than Chocobo's dungeon - the Synthesis Item and standard items in Chocobo are of a slightly more "generic" niche than the frame customization in Nadesico.
>>
So I hate to interject in your shitstorm, but the Magi jump is even worse off now.

Sinbad just created a universe, threw Al-Thamen (the team of BBEG sorcerers) into said universe, then crushed it - and is now planning to destroy the canon universe to begin his climbing to higher dimensions. The only thing standing in his way is the protagonist pair because one of them has died already and the other's from an alternate / past / the previous timeline and universe to begin with.

And Sinbad's justification?

"This is my human nature."
>>
Is there anything that lets you eat spirits or similar beings for a power boost?

Not stealing their actual abilities or anything, just a raw boost to whatever energy pool they're related to. I just don't want to let all of those demons and whatnot I have to kill go to waste.
>>
>>50461166
Can we talk about my visit during the points-granted-only-by-drawbacks chain to Sonic? Because that was the jump that I spent the entire decade drunk. Sonic got into more trouble as a result of my drunkenness than dealing with Eggman.

Then again, I introduced Eggman to the joys of drinking. He became less about world conquest and more about just having fun.

The dice said the world never had alcohol, because it's never shown in any of the games. So I had to invent the entire process. Fermented fruit, moonshine stills, the whole nine yards.
>>
What jumps have the best perks for making me smarter and more cunning?
>>
>>50461151
Probably should intersperse them so you don't run out too soon I guess. Would be pretty interesting to see what happens in jumps like The World Ends with You / Persona.
>>
Are D&D gods able to interact with the physical world personally? Like if I go around slaying an evil god's church all paladin-like, am I going to have to worry about them stepping into reality and trying to get on my nuts?
>>
>>50461191
Isn't all of this after a timeskip?
I'm aware my Magi fu is pretty weak, but if the timeskip is long enough at least jumpers won't have to deal with this nutty bullshit.
Also escalation a shit and several stories would be much better if they just didn't do it.
>>
>>50461191
This shit is why I always use clairvoyance/precognition to check for existential threats as soon as I start a jump.
>>
>>50461191
Luck, precog and prophetic vision perks a must, anon. Grab them as early in your chain as you can.
>>
>>50461225
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>50461191
I suspect Judar's experience with Depravity is going to prove useful soon. Sure, when Solomon was in charge Depravity was just pointless edgy killing, but with Sinbad it's standing up for the individual instead of getting crushed under crazy brainwashed uniformity.
>>
>>50461228
There is a timeskip yes, but it basically means nobody can take the 600 CP drawback without being uberly fucked.

And the worst part is, the jump was made before any of this shit happened which means anybody who jumps it is completely unaware.
>>
>>50461195
Neverwinter Nights has something for that.
At the very least you'll get something out of the exchange.
>>
>>50461205
DC, Catastrophy, Overlord, Symbiote, Enders Game, Pokemon, there's a lot more out there, but these come to mind right now.
>>
>>50461244
I've noticed that most 600 CP drawbacks tend to uberly fuck you up anyway.
>>
>>50461239
Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, or Neverwinter Nights? Pretty sure the other settings we have jumps for won't be a problem for different reasons.
>>
>>50461286
Except previously that drawback meant "just found a kingdom and after it's created you have to lead it for 60 years."

The timeskip doesn't even come close to those 60 years.
>>
>>50460587
Still need a few more for a table of jumps, thus far have Generic Creepypasta from this guy: >>50460639
>>
>>50461322
Cowboy Bebop
Fable
Rosario + Vampire
Garzey's Wing
Inuyasha
Symphogear
Tales of Phantasia
>>
File: elegant tea drinking.gif (72KB, 245x269px) Image search: [Google]
elegant tea drinking.gif
72KB, 245x269px
>>50461166
Well, let's just say I kept that one drawback from Cardcaptor Sakura where you can get drunk off chocolate and other mundane sugary treats.

Fun times for all are never far away.
>>
>>50461343
2 per post at most please. While I'd like to get this rolling I don't care for giving one guy all the votes.
>>
>>50461309
It's a 600 point drawback for a reason, anon. That's X+50 years of founding and leading a kingdom in _Magi_, a Japanese action-adventure manga adaptation of the Arabian Nights. If you couldn't figure out shit was going to get crazy...
>>
>>50461406
Once Upon A Time
Gravity Falls
>>
>>50461406
Ok. Just pick the two you want the most.
I was just flooding so you didn't have to wait for a bunch of people to send you jumps during dead hours.
>>
>>50461406
Harry Potter and Actraiser.
>>
What would be the best way to go about creating a sizable number of MtG mana bonds stored in the warehouse that I can carry between jumps? And how do you guys wank the colored mana system as working with yout normal magic pool? Is it different enough that you'd need Conjoined Conjures?
>>
Any plans for a Saint Seiya Jump?

Just got back to watching this nostalgic series.
>>
>>50459017
Mr. Immortal DOES die. Just he always comes back. His tactic is to Zerg rush you, die, rinse, wash, & repeat. Think of it as he's able to respawn after death.
>>
>>50461436
I would say it's different in a way simply because it's not internal.
So I could "tap" to add the MtG colored mana to power other magic things while keeping color attunement in mind, but it wouldn't meld pools together since it doesn't have a pool. Using other kinds of mana for MtG spells would usually result in colorless attunement. This is pretty much how I do it with every other mana node kind of magic. Conjoined Conjures would probably streamline the whole thing and make it a lot easier to hit color requirements.

Your best bet for having a ton of warehouse mana bonds would be buying a bunch of lands in the MtG jumps as they come out.
Expensive, but reliable. Alternatively just grab some kind of big pocket dimension that follows you around and make mana bonds with the land in there. open a portal with doormaker or something so you can get at it without a spark. I bet a Traveller Territory would work exceptionally well for this.
>>
>>50461499
Nor that I'm aware of.
>>
>>50461303
Forgotten Realms: the gods are forbidden to directly manifest on the Prime to fight mortals. They can however communicate with their priests to warn them about you, and if you make yourself a big enough threat they can send an avatar or aspect to defend (un)holy sites. Of course, that's vs mortals. If you're a god yourself, you may well get a visit from a whole bunch of gods telling you to follow the local rules or risk the godly equivalent of being ganged up on in a dark alley.

Neverwinter: this is the Forgotten Realms, just a different campaign in a different part of the country. See above.

Dragonlance: the gods aren't so much forbidden as they have an agreement of "what you do I can do" and they're in three big factions that each have their own agenda, plots and plans in the divine equivalent of a Cold War. Depending on how the Evil camp perceives you / your actions - particularly if you are very powerful and give no fucks to subtlety, they may jump the gun and think the Good camp has decided to go Hot. The last time the war went Hot, all the maps had to be remade.
>>
>>50461191
What if you take care of Sinbad as soon as you can? Would that solve the major problems?
>>
Guys, does this sound like a good 100 CP perk? Nerf, buff, or just right?

[spoilers]Info Menu (100 CP, Free Drop-In) - Your observational skills have been increased, and you can now accurately sum up an opponent’s power or the difficulty of a task and roughly estimate what you’ll need to overcome this foe or problem. You can also pinpoint weaknesses in your foe’s combat or mental prowess. This does not give you the ability to instantly solve all your problems and you are prone to mistakes.[/spoiler]
>>
>>50459017
>>50461511
Why not just slap a mutant with reality warping like the other Braddock sibling or Butterball who is kinda invulnerable?

In that setting you also have Draph who can rise from his own ashes.

>>50461523
Thanks, hopefully someone who can cook up a mean jump will do so sometime in the future.

Also what is your favourite brand of cheese"?
>>
>>50461540
Killing Sinbad is how he got that position in the first place.
>>
>>50461521
>Your best bet for having a ton of warehouse mana bonds would be buying a bunch of lands in the MtG jumps as they come out.
Man, I can't wait. Can't beleive it took us damn near 3 years to get the first one.

>Alternatively just grab some kind of big pocket dimension that follows you around and make mana bonds with the land in there
Any suggestions? I can't really think of any that follow you between jumps.

>I bet a Traveller Territory would work exceptionally well for this.
I dunno what that is.
>>
>>50461499
>Any plans for a Saint Seiya Endjump?
FTFY.
>>
>>50461195
Sacrifice from Genealogy of the Holy War can do this if you make your method of killing your foe eating their flesh or drinking their blood
>>
>>50461538
Thanks.
>>
>>50461560
Get the Terraria perk Frequent Flyer Miles.
>>
>>50461558
Just seal him or shove his soul in a box or take away his powers or something. There's a million ways for a jumper to neutralize someone without killing them.
>>
>>50461544
Seems totally useless as is t b h f a m.
Slapping prone to mistakes on the end makes it no better than looking at them normally and guessing.
If it's supposed to be looking at an enemies stats in FE I don't recall that information ever being bogus.

If you change pinpoint weaknessess to estimate weaknesses I think you could drop the mistakes part without making it OP.
At least that's what I think.
>>
File: IMG_0187.jpg (1MB, 1988x3057px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
1MB, 1988x3057px
>>50459214
Dude it's Batman, he's wanked so hard by the comics and fandom. Also Hal Jordan is an idiot. This is what happens when in New 52 when he meets Barry Allen for 1st time.
>>
>>50461587
Alrighty, thank you!
>>
>>50461560
Incredibles offers Nomanisan Island, which is a large tropical island, with a volcano and a supervillain base, in the middle of an endless ocean. Could easily be a dual, maybe even a triple, Land.
>>
>>50461560
Traveller's Gate is a jump we have in a folder under imaged jumps. The book series isn't half bad either.
You can buy and potentially customize a magical pocket dimension that follows you around in the jump.
It's pretty great even if trying to figure out that setting without reading the books is kind of hard.

Other pocket dimension options are the inner world from the as of yet unfinished infernal jump and the one in generic creepy pasta.
I'm sure there's more hiding out there, but I can't think of them right now.
>>
>>50461544
Seems kinda strong for a 100cp, to know all your opponents powers and weaknesses in a fight. I'd say to raise the price a bit.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

1. Creepypasta
2. Symphogear
3. Tales of Phantasia
4. Once Upon a Time
5. Gravity Falls
6. Harry Potter
7. Actraiser
8. Alpha Centauri
Let's see, where to first?
>>
>>50459426
The perk says your companions & Warehouse are in the non fucked up universe.
>>
>>50459285
>>50461592
Honestly these are kind of funny. Batman's clearly just fucking around and Barry's super excited to be here, and here Hal is acting like a total hard ass. It's kindof fun to see people taking the piss out of him.
>>
>>50461547
>Brand
If you mean type, it's pepper jack.
>>
>>50461560
You can get a Garden, Temple, Volcanic Forge or a Stable in God of War.

You could probably make your own lands (Minecraft worlds or Rick and Morty microverses).

Alternatively there is a perk in Legend of Mana that lets you turn an area into a crystal, not sure if you'd be able to draw power from one though.
>>
>>50461619
>>50461622
>>50461681
Perfect, thanks.
>>
>>50461626
Well looks like he's going to be developing a bit of a God complex come morning. I'm about to fall over though so I'm off to sleep for now.
>>
>>50461195
There's something that might do it in Bartimaeus Sequence.
>>
>>50461624
I need to have a drop-in 100 cp perk.

What if I added this to the perk? "You will not know all your opponent’s powers and weaknesses, only any information you can reasonably glean from what you have observed." Would that help?
>>
>>50461746
Maybe have an upgrade to add powers/weaknesses and/or have it show up if some of your other senses pick them up?
>>
>>50461772

I'll consider that.
>>
>>50461746
What jump is this?
>>
>>50461785

Fire Emblem 6-7, or the Elibe Series
>>
>>50461746
Seems better, if you've really got to have this in.
>>
File: Moeshit-Storm-3-4-06.jpg (90KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
Moeshit-Storm-3-4-06.jpg
90KB, 600x839px
>>50461195
Depending on how you interpret "souls", that's basically the whole of Demon Souls and Dark Souls.
I mean, the fact that one soul counts as multiple souls makes it kindof weird, and some souls seem to be different from other souls, and like you need special souls to be human that are most commonly found from rats? I think? I don't know?
I always just interpreted it as a kindof nebulous "life energy" that is wonked as hell, but they're called "souls" ingame, so. Y'know. Whatever.

On a more concrete route, there is literally a perk that lets you do exactly what you're asking in Valkyrie Profile.
I believe the perk is called Soul Power, or something like that. I'm too lazy to check.
Personally I use Blood Magic, which among other things, grants a weaker power up through consumption of blood, since that's a more renewable resource. But yeah.
Either/or.

>>50461166
When AREN'T I drunk?
I took that "sealed in a can" drawback in Power Rangers. It was a mistake.
But apparently you can drag in some of your items with you to help pass the time? So part of my personal ability to cope included a never ending supply of booze. I shared, of course.
Anyway, turns out Rita looks really classy when she's holding a wine glass. Though she guzzles it so hard you might as well just hand her the bottle. That can smelled like a vomit brewery when we got out.

I was single handedly responsible for her catchphrase changing from "I have a headache," to "I need a drink."
>>
>>50461801
Hmm. How about this:

>Your observational skills have been increased, particularly at accurately surmising an opponent’s power or the difficulty of a task and estimating what you’ll need to overcome this foe or problem. It will also help with noticing weaknesses in your foe’s combat or mental prowess.

That makes it a boost, but not a fiat "you can do this regardless of your target"; the latter would seem too much for a 100cp/freebie perk.
>>
>>50461811
I always thought that the number of souls you collect when you kill an enemy were the amount of souls the themselves have stolen. The stronger the enemies get, the more souls because they are also fighting stronger enemies themselves.
Like a big soul food chain.
>>
What are some good Perks like weight of ages that make longevity more tolerable?
>>
>>50462002
Danmachi and The Road to El Dorado each have such perks.
>>
>>50462002
Great Detective and Symbiote have boredom immunity.
Danmachi, Spice and Wolf, and Narnia have perks that help with that more directly.
>>
File: luar.jpg (9KB, 694x392px) Image search: [Google]
luar.jpg
9KB, 694x392px
>>50461943
Honestly it's pretty poorly explained, and I don't think the makers are really interested in explaining it.
Your interpretation is about as valid as mine, I think.

>>50462002
There's one in Steven Universe. "The Long Perspective".
Also, Penny Dreadful has that one in the Drop In origin. Somethingsomething always find things interesting, immunity to ennui.
I think Generic Universal Monsters has a similar one for Monsters, although it's slanted a bit for their tastes.
>>
>>50461566
>FTFY.

or do it half and half like Lagann/SMT

so you get some of the goodies but not as stronk
>>
Jump 200: Familiar of Zero
>Judgement, reversed (Procrastination and indecision.)
I am almost certain the cards are deliberately doing this because I did it out of order in hopes for the revised FoZ jump. Fortunately, I can always go back and revise this jump later when the time comes!
>Location: Tristain Academy
>Identity: Void Slave (+200) (Chosen: Louise, -100)
>Drawbacks: Troublesome (-100), Frail (-400)
Trouble constantly finds me? No surprise. Frail, though? Well... even if this affected all of my power equally instead of simply the physical, it still wouldn't be very fair, considering how much power I have. Unless I need to prevent a continent from falling from the sky.
.. wait, I might actually have to do that? Ugh.
>Weapon Mastery (Free, Familiar)
I actually am pretty sure I already have this twice-over.
>Linguist (Free, Drop-In)
Also this, and how the devil does it affect politics?
>Elementalism: Fire (1400)
>Elementalism: Water (1200)
>Elementalism: Wind (1000)
>Elementalism: Earth (800)
Because fuck it, it's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.
>Luck (600)
Plot armor? Yes please.
>Alchemist (400)
I am highly interested in how they can use alchemy to brew enough avgas to power a World War II plane.
>Science (200)
The local science is all over the place. Maybe I'll learn something?
>Magical Science (100, Drop-In)
Also known as the Magitech perk. I'll take that as well.
>Wand (0)
Well, it doesn't hurt to have a magical focus beyond my gauntlet. It'll be good to use to learn the local magic before I start overpowering it.
>>
>>50462235

The first thing I become aware of is a cloud of dust and the tittering of children. The dust is good to use for cover; instead of being flat on my back, I quickly get to my feet and equip armor - in fact, I could be mistaken for a golem, were one not familiar with the source of this power armor. It's not on par with standard issue space marine armor, but it's just short of it. When the smoke clears, there's a seven foot tall obsidian and gold figure staring down onto a short girl with pink hair.

After making a show of looking at the others, whose amusement has rapidly faded, I look down to her and kneel on one knee. "My name is Cristobol Miguel de Toledo. I ask of you, are you my master?" I inquired formally, voice filtered through the suit's vocoder.

She stammered a moment, before collecting herself and nodding firmly. "Yes. Yes I am." And after a momentary delay, "My name is Louise Francoise le Blanc de la Valliere. Pentagon of the five elements, bless this humble creature and make it my familiar."

A burning sensation could be felt on my right hand, and as I lifted my gauntlet out of reflex, I could see it being etched into the armor as well. Regardless, due to having a pain tolerance higher than a newborn baby, I did not scream or lose consciousness when this occurred; I simply endured. As such, class was dismissed and I followed the pinkette back to her quarters. And all was well and good, until I removed my helmet.

"Wait. I thought you were a golem. You're... are you a knight? A commoner?" she asked, confused. Her visible confusion grew when, rather than setting the helmet down, it disappeared as I dismissed it to the warehouse.

"Oh, I've been a great many things, Louise of the Valliere," I replied. "A refugee, a soldier, a king... for the next ten years, I am your familiar."

"King- wait, ten years?! Being a familiar is supposed to last for the rest of my life!" she protested.
>>
>>50462241
I began removing the rest of my armor, piece by piece. An act calculated to demonstrate my humanity to her. "I will be your familiar as long as I can, but in ten years I must leave this world. For that period of time I shall be at your disposal... after that, if you wish to remain with me, you are welcome to. Otherwise, I shall ensure you are taken care of."

She huffed and stomped a foot unhappily. "I thought you were a golem. You're just... practically a commoner!"

"Not quite," I told her. "As I said, I shall to ensure you're taken care of. If you wish to get to know each other... well, we've got all afternoon." A twitch of my wrist saw my wand appear, simple sleight of hand. "While I'm not going to advertise this particular item, if you'd like to compare notes academically instead, I'd be happy to do so."

As it turns out, pink hair stands out quite significantly when one's face pales to near-white. Louise swallowed, and very deliberately asked, "You have a wand? Are you a noble?"

I shook my head. "No, not currently. Then again, most worlds I've visited, nobility isn't tied to magic. Also, at the risk of heresy, you summoned a human because your element is Void and that's why you have such trouble casting."

"How-"

"Hold on just one second," I interrupted, reaching my hand out and moving it in empty space as if rummaging for something. "I know it was around here somewhere ... ah, here we go." I pulled a manga out of thin air and handed it to her, where she looked at the cover numbly.

"This is... me?"

I shook my head a bit. "No, it's a way some things -could- have gone," I told her as she began flipping through it. "You'll find it interesting. But you'll note my name is not Saito... while some things in there may come to pass, my goal is to look out for what is best for you. I'm not some clueless idiot. If you wish for me to keep up the facade for your classmates' sake I will happily do so, but otherwise... I shall be at your disposal."
>>
>>50448707
I don't keep any but my buddy Demiurge keeps a sheep farm! He's such a nice guy and gives people all the mutton they could ever want!
>>
>>50462424
Are you sure that farm has just sheep on it? Not any creatures with say, sapience?
>>
>>50449073
So you're a dick because you don't like people having fun in their made up single player game?
>>
File: 1328603253160.jpg (30KB, 199x185px) Image search: [Google]
1328603253160.jpg
30KB, 199x185px
>>50462477
>responding to 20 hour old bait
Fuck even if it wasn't bait what did you expect to accomplish?
>>
>>50462507
>Responding to bait that is responding to oldbait
What are you doing man
>>
File: 1405123987896.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1405123987896.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>50462588
Apparantly losing my mind at 4 AM in the morning.
>>
>>50462621
Could be worse. You could be losing your mind in the middle of the day.

Can't excuse it with severe sleep deprivation then.

Ahahaha.
>>
Jump # 124 Zootopia
Race: Fox
Starting Location: Downtown
Background: Drop In

Perks:
*Cheese and Crackers (0)
*Disney Magic (300, Discount)
*You’re even cuter than I thought you’d be (100)
*Green Energy (600)

Companions
*Current Companions Import (300)
*70% less furry (0)

Drawbacks:
*Ewe Can’t keep a bad Moufloun Down (+300)
>>
>>50462689
Companions:
*Akitsu
Race: Snow Leopard
Background: Government Job
Perks:
*You’re even cuter than I thought you’d be
*Under-appriciated Lackey
*Green Energy
*Slick

*Arcuied
Race: Tiger
Perks:
*Cheese and Crackers
*Night Howler Immunity
*slick

Snowflame
Race:
Background: Shyster
*Slick
*Organized Crime
*I know everybody

Tamamo
Background: ZPD
Perks:
*Selective enforcement
*Boot Camp
*Slick

Sans
Race: penguin
Perks:
*Under-appreciated lackey
*Green Energy
*Slick
*Boot camp

Rick:
Perks:
*Under-appreciated lackey
*Green Energy
*Slick
*Boot camp

Dove
*Cheese and Crackers
*Disney Magic
*Boot camp
*Slick

Archer
Race: Wolf
Background: ZPD
Perks
*Boot camp
*You’re cuter than I thought you’d be
*Stop! ZPD!
*I think I found a lead
*Slick
>>
Anyone got any ideas how to handle the Ellimist and Crayak in Animorphs? Given what they are they'd probably start investigating you if you prove to have unnatural abilities. The Ellimist should be fairly ok with most jumpers but Crayak would probably get very angry if a jumper tried to help defeat the Yeerks or didn't want to serve him. Would it be possible to replicate the blackhole incident that turned the Ellimist into what he is? I'm assuming that the power you'd get from it would only work in the Animorphs universe.
>>
>>50462700
(Again I have no idea what I am doing so… here goes)
So this turned out trickier than I thought. Sometime after the events of the movie we stumbled upon a plot after Belwether had escaped. We managed to stop her and throw her back in jail but it turned out not to help much as she got out again almost immediately.
She seemed to hold a grudge against us in particular as she was trying to garget us. We managed… barely to avoid some Night howler spiked food. We caught her again. This time she stayed in jail a bit longer but managed to gain fallowers to her cause. Then she got out again but now had more support. This time we fouled a much larger scheme that would have probably for all intents and purposes destroyed Zootopia.
She nearly escaped but… Arcueid managed to find her first. She took it upon herself to kill Belwether. She believed it was the easiest way to solve the problem and that she deserved it by this point. I wasn’t thrilled with her for that but understood why.
Well those fallowers she had seemed to multiply rallying under the flag of a martyr who had been “murdered” by a Predator.
There was civil unrest and it looked like the city might actually fall apart. We had been painted as murderers. So It took Serious bard magic, social fu and jumper bullshit to calm things down.
We managed to explain ourselves and calm things down a bit. We very publicly worked on predator and prey unity and privately worked to stop terrorist cells that were forming. It was a busy 10 years.
>>
File: 1476983008848.png (276KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476983008848.png
276KB, 1000x1000px
>>50462621
Madness is pretty great, you should try it more often.
>>
>>50462704
Honestly unless you have couple hundred jumps under your belt and you have some bullshit magic or science on hand your best bet is to sign with a winning team.
IIRC, neither the Ellimist nor Crayak directly affect individuals, because they use other beings as pawns in their fucked up game.
They have groups and special pieces, though; Crayak has the Yeerks and Howlers, and the Ellimist has… I'm guessing Andalites and Humans. Specifically, the Ellimist has the Animorphs, and he basically cherry-picked that team for maximum munchkin.
>>
>>50462769
Bad thoughts can't hurt you if you let the spiders eat them!
>>
Hey Yorokonde, can we take the Brother from the brother's shadow drawback in FLCL as a companion if they lose any of the powers they have at the end? I've been collecting 'family members' like that from across the chain so all i really care about is the companion, not the powers or perks or whatever.
>>
>>50462708
Yeah, you probably should've had whoever killed Belwether be a prey species and/or avoided having anyone else finding out about what happened. That way she wouldn't have been as big of a martyr and she might not have ended up a martyr at all.
>>
File: You Rock.gif (354KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
You Rock.gif
354KB, 500x281px
>>50462704
Honestly? They both massively overpower all but the strongest jumper, they would treat you like another piece on the game-board(though a particularly valuable one). Crayak wouldn't even get mad, unless you intentionally go across the galaxy thwarting all of his plans. The Earth Conflict is just one of thousands, millions maybe, of their conflicts. Crayak is fully prepared to lose it, as is Ellimist.
As for replicating the blackhole trick? No fucking idea. Both of them were Gestalt Consciousnesses who lived across a fleet of ships before the blackhole thing, and that might be necessary to do it.
>>
>>50459353
I apoligize because you actually are utilizing feedback, you are not responding to people that offered it tho

you still have Auditor be free drop-in origin while it means we are essentially REPLACING AUDITOR, one of most important masterminds of Madness series and the one who created Improbability engine, instead of making it so the actual drop-in would be based off Hank. You made it so Hank's origin has backstory... but Hank himself, who this is based off, literally has no background. He appeared in Madness Combat 1, not being different from any other character in beginning other than the fact he was Surviving. He was shaped by the next Madness combats but literally that's what Drop-In jumpers are almost

Is Determined just a durability upgrade and not a 1 up? Because if so, then it's a bit underwhelming for 400 cp

Why not have the Halo change how it affects you depending on Origin? Jesus, Hank and Auditor all used its power in different way

Beyond that the companion action is really smol, consider having the canon characters at different prices and their own descriptions? Also mention that they have a version of X perk so people better know what they can do. And maybe more drawbacks would help, I got nothing tho.

Does Amorphous body have to be an alt form? Can't it be just a thing we can do? How about we can later change the color of our body to different flame? ...this is a bad idea, ignore

Want help making this jump LOOK good past that?
>>
>>50462797
I don't like killing and certainly didn't want Arc to do that. Sometimes companions act on their own. This time, no it did not turn out very well.
Thread posts: 658
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.