[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 38

File: Greymane2.jpg (145KB, 484x379px) Image search: [Google]
Greymane2.jpg
145KB, 484x379px
Gilneas WILL Rise Again edition

Discuss the lore and viability of Warcraft as a tabletop setting.

Previous thread: >>50400512
>>
>>50442752
So when are we going to execute Greymane for leading the forces of the Alliance on a wild goose chase while the Burning Legion is beating down the door?
>>
>>50442834
>stopped Sylvanas from enslaving Odyn's val'kyr
>wild goose chase
he only took the 7th Legion, and it's not like the Alliance military was doing anything against the Legion in the first place. The Alliance army and non-Forsaken Horde forces were both completely fucked and not in fighting shape at all to stand against the Legion
>>
Where is Wrathion? Since his introduction into Warcraft, Wrathion makes a big deal about him being the heir to the black dragonflight and how only he can protect Azeroth. He even goes so far as to free Garrosh and lead the Iron Legion into Azeroth, in the hopes that he could manipulate them into fighting the Burning Legion. Yet, when the Burning Legion actually does invade, he is no where to be found. Also, what are the chances that Wranduin becomes canon?

>>50442834
I mean, Sylvanas did the same thing with Eyir. Instead of using the Horde to secure the Aegis of Aggramar, she focused on ensuring enslaving the Val'kyr.

Honestly, Anduin and Baine should just put their foot (hooves?) down and tell the two to fuck off.
>>
>>50442834

Probably never because Anduin said he doesn't feel confident in his ability to confront Greymane directly over the death of his father and how he's dealing with it, and Anduin is the only one among the Alliance's leaders with the moral authority to take him to task for going after Sylvanas because he's the one who was hurt most by Sylvanas' perceived betrayal. If he won't say anything, I'm sure the likes of Mekkatorque or Falstad Wildhammer ask themselves, what right do I have?
>>
File: chicken___12_by_aivisv-d8wnl5d.jpg (109KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
chicken___12_by_aivisv-d8wnl5d.jpg
109KB, 1024x773px
What is the current stand of Legion(Lore)?
>>
>>50442899
Ebonhorn has basically taken his place for Legion.
>>
>>50442979
Yeah, I know that, but Blizzard could have at least introduced Wrathion elsewhere. I'm just hoping he gets some relevance in later patches. Maybe he's the one that brings Azeroth's heroes to Argus?
>>
>>50442899

I imagine that after the events of Pandaria and Warlords kind of left him flat on his face with all his plans hilariously failed, and what he'd done led directly to the Legion invasion he'd been hoping to prepare for/avoid, he's probably sitting alone staring at himself in a mirror with a glass of whiskey nearby.

I'm sure he'll make an appearance soon enough, especially with Ebonhorn for him to play off of now. His return will likely coincide with Anduin finally stepping up, since thus far he's been content to leave things to Greymane since he's having trouble coping with his father's death.
>>
>>50442922
most of it is pretty good honestly. Better than most expansions. I actually like the Nightbourne even though they're pretty much just a retread of the blood elves + WotA Highbourne
>>
>>50443049

They're the good kind of retread in that those two groups show up and say "we know what you're going through," and we the heroes can apply the lessons we learned those times to the new problem.
>>
>>50443079
yeah, I really like where the Insurrection chain is going, but I'm gonna be pissed if the rumors that we don't kill Elisande in NH are true
bitch needs to be taken out
>>
>>50442922
Quite good, overall. There are, however, some sore points that I can't get over, like the whole "Illidan is our saviour" bullshit, half of Val'sharah's storyline, and the neverending whining-jobbing-corruption combo coming from Demon Hunters.
>>
>>50443140
We'll kill her in Nighthold, but several patches later, Blizz will bring her back as the disappointing end to an otherwise phenomenal 5 man.
>>
>>50443181

I'm fine with the whole Illidan Is Our Savior thing personally. The wank that the stupid Prime Naaru hoisted on him in all those cutscenes was annoying and cringeworthy, I'll agree with that. But the retcons they put into Burning Crusade were nice. Nobody liked HE WENT CUH-RAZAY so changing it so all the stuff he was doing in that expansion was really a Machiavellian scheme to get what he needed to beat the Legion once and for all only for us to fuck him over because the shit he was doing was unforgivable was a much better setup and very in-line with his WC3 Character. Plus narratively it being a retcon actually works because if we'd known about it in the moment it wouldn't have made sense for us to kill him and if it had been revealed after the idea that by killing him we may have fucked ourselves forever would have been hanging over everything for years. I mean, theoretically, since they obviously didn't have the idea back then.

Anyway, the running story thread of us racing against the Legion to recover his super magical corpse was fun. The reveal that Illidan wasn't really as clever as he thought, Sarg knew all along about how his dirty deeds were a convoluted plan to destroy the legion, and everything Illidan did was actually part of HIS plan to create a perfect new vessel for his soul was a cool one. And his resurrection cutscene is pretty dope. Other than the CONCEPT being kind of stupid and fan-wanky, the story itself has been mostly well-executed. I'm at least interested to see what happens next and if they're going to botch it like they did with Kerrigan.
>>
>>50443365
Plus, Illidan the dindu isn't new. In Cata, the last bit of the Felwood quest is literally you run into a Demon Hunter who had gone around killing druids, and then he explains to you, in great detail and horribly cringeworthy cutscenes, how Illidan is the true hero of everything and just wanted to save the world!!!!1111!!! but everyone was totally mean to him.

Also it had an inexplicably not terribly evil Arthas in there for really no good reason. Whole quest was dumb. Kinda fun, but dumb.
>>
I care about literally nothing else in Warshit anymore EXCEPT for Wrathion
Please tell me he is in Leigon and it explains his reasoning for manipulating Kairoz to fuck up time and let Garrosh go back in time (and dimension for some reason) to Draenor
>>
>muh RvB
I would throw my lot in with the Legion if I didn't know that it's really a bunch of loot-crazed assholes that do the heavy lifting in Warcraft these days
>>
>>50443414

I get it with Illidan to a point, but I will never understand Blizzard's obsession with retconning Arthas to have been secretly good way deep down. In the very first mission of WC3 one of Arthas' quotes is about how much better he knows how to run things that Uther and his dad. He was ALWAYS a prick. Stratholm only happened because Uther saved him at Hearthglen and he was so butthurt about it he had to swing his dick around and prove HE could solve problems without anybody's help.

Like, showing that some part of Arthas was still HUMAN was fine. His secret locked chest of keepsakes that give some closure to Muradin and Jaina and his other victims was a great tidbit, it made me feel good that those characters could put everything behind them by seeing those things and knowing that Arthas hadn't totally ripped all feelings out of himself. But the whole "He was holding back the Scourge subconsciously to save the world," thing and the questline with that little ghost kid who represented Arthas' good side trying to help you kill him was all so lame. Just let him be fucking evil, knock off the ROAD TO HELL PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS shit.
>>
>>50443465
I believe Wrathion and Kairoz knew about the Burning Legion's imminent invasion and had hoped to manipulate Garrosh and his new Iron Horde to combat them. Obviously, they failed. Garrosh killed Kairoz and Wrathion fucked off to no where.

In Legion's alpha, Wrathion was a Tauren spiritwalker who guided the Highmountain clan, but secretly he was procuring uncorrupted black dragon eggs. But Blizzard replaced Wrathion and his storyline with a new black dragon, so as of now, Wrathion is no where to be found in Legion.

>>50443520
>>50443032
>Wrathion realizes that Azeroth's heroes cannot defeat the Burning Legion if the Alliance and Horde continue to squabble
>convinces Anduin and Baine to step up and take control of their factions, leading to a peace between the Alliance and the Horde
How would /tg/ feel about this?
>>
File: Smile.png (156KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
Smile.png
156KB, 500x450px
>>50443607
>Wrathion is no where to be found in Legion.
>>
>>50443577

He was a righteous paladin to the letter, always doing good, no matter how small(the book of the villager) how dangerous or how long it takes. He was willing make the hard decisions, take sacrifices and in the end ever a curse and possible martyrdom to save his kingdom. And the end he fell because he tried too hard to be a good paladin.

But yeah, everything about him in WotLk was pure shit, the fucking Lich King shouldnt show up in every zone to talk shit like Dr. Claw. Nerzhul getting retconned out was fucking BULLSHIT too. The only thing I liked was his death. He didnt get redeemed, or died with villanious laughter. He died as himself. Realized he fucked up big time and it was too late to fix things, its an eternity in hell because he tried too hard. Not even after grabbing Frostmourne was everything lost, he broke free in TFT but even after getting his soul back he consciously chose the path of light kingdom instead of a hard but possible redemption. It was so humane and touching in a way. Its rare to see supervillains this human and relatable in WoW instead of being larger than life cardboard cutouts.
>>
>>50443414
>a Demon Hunter who had gone around killing druids,
m8 the entire point of that quest chain is that those Druids were all satyrs pretending to be Druids
>>
>>50443365
Illidan on BC was just a cunt warlord that raised the middle finger to everyone else... If he wasnt self absorbed on his own paranoia and superiority complex he could just stopped all that shit...Its not like making peace with a Naaru would be difficult at all.... but he dosent even bother.

It was poor written, but not unrealistic... It was a classic trope where the character got to powerfull and in order to keep his power he thrown his morals to the window (not sure if Illidan had any btw) and become the BBEG for the next generation to fight... When Illdan conquered the BT he become a dictator... ok, almost make sense..

To have a naaru saying "ah btw, he was right, all his superiority complex is justified and btw you are wrong.." is just a kick on my balls....

Also is strange that Adal dindt even had a input on that... Khadgar was super buddy buddy with that super chandelier and dindt even had the thought to question him about what he would do with a Naaru artifact.

It is almost like they just want to forget Khadgar on BC, besides that arcana-elemental-tour joke on your Garisson...
>>
>>50443246
not good enough desu. The only outcome I'll accept for her other than permanent death is warlocks taking her broken body back to the Dreadscar Rift to be their demons' plaything for eternity
karma's a bitch
>>
>>50443607

It seems way too straitforward for Wrathion. "I will make peace by talking to the two most reasonable leaders," isn't his style because it leaves the decision in their hands. He's always been the type to try and make sure there's no real choice in any choice he offers.

I would like to see Wrathion getting involved with because he wants to steer the Alliance toward some end, and I could see him using Ebonhorn to do the same with Baine for the Horde. For instance, using a faux vision quest of some kind to trick Baine into assassinating Sylvanas because she's too dangerous and trying to stoke Anduins negative feelings toward Greymane in order to get him to put the old wolf to the sword before his guerilla actions kick off the 5th War.

Naturally both of these efforts blow up in his face because Wrathion is the best at fucking up.
>>
>>50443577
The book says that the whole time he was having his soliloquy about feeling nothing about what he had done he was trying to ignore how it definitely was affecting him.

>>50443711
He was a tad obsessive, which is something Uther even commented on, there's a letter in WOW somewhere where he says to another Paladin that Arthas is shaping up pretty good, but he's too single minded and talks about how he went and tracked down a bunch of wolves and skinned them to make furs for a woman who lost her arm to them or something.
>>
>>50443864

>The book says

The story in the games has to stand on its own. Homework is not acceptable to make a story make sense.
>>
"At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming."

What did he mean by that?
>>
File: Jyack.jpg (452KB, 854x892px) Image search: [Google]
Jyack.jpg
452KB, 854x892px
>>50443770
>trick... into assassinating
Wrathion ought to know damn well that Azeroth's heroes will do literally anything for a shiny - if not from his own shenanigans in Pandaria, then from hanging around Khadgar's tower in AU Draenor. All he'd have to do is take the adventurers' habit of hunting the faction leaders for sport and make it canon.

>>50443864
>Warcraft books
pic related
>>
>>50442899
Why is my liege Anduin's boipussy so highly prized?
>>
File: white boi gets BLACKED dragon'd.png (210KB, 524x565px) Image search: [Google]
white boi gets BLACKED dragon'd.png
210KB, 524x565px
>>50443993
Sylvanas. She has already died twice already -- the first time to Arthas and the second time to Lord Godfrey. The first time, Sylvanas was risen by Arthas to become a banshee. The second time, the val'kyr brought Sylvanas back to life. Now that Sylvanas no longer controls the val'kyr, she will certainly remain dead if she were to die a third time. However, to escape this fate, Sylvanas will make a deal with N'zoth -- ensure her immortality and she, and her Forsaken, will serve him.

>>50444076
He's soft and sweet. I would honestly single handedly take down the Legion if it meant I could beat up Anduin's guts with my dick.

Never underestimate the power of dick.
>>
>>50444149
>ax a pyremaster because he would have sided with Garrosh
>now ax a shadow priest because he would have sided with Sylvanas

I doubt that Horde will get a double raid boss special. Regardless of the fact it makes no sense, it'll probably be Jaina. Blizzard's got a pretty good track record for hints just being half-assed shit and character development getting unwritten when needed.

>>50444076
>>50444149
Cool, the reason I usually don't partake in these threads has arrived. Don't you have a /pfg/ to shit up, too?
>>
>>50444149
You forgot the time she did a swandive off ICC and went to Super-Hell, which led to her making a pact with the Val'kyr in the first place.
>>
>>50444233
You act like posting on different threads is some big thing
>>
>>50444149
>>50444240

More likely that her deaths are the ones following her first. I assume if it is her, then Sylvanas the banshee is considered a seperate existence from the ranger-general.
>>
>>50443607
>Wrathion realizes that Azeroth's heroes cannot defeat the Burning Legion if the Alliance and Horde continue to squabble
>convinces Anduin and Baine to step up and take control of their factions, leading to a peace between the Alliance and the Horde
How would /tg/ feel about this?

I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't mind the Alliance and Horde being in conflict, or at outright war, but I do mind not having a good reason to do so. I think the best explanation comes from a GD post I saw about one year ago. Had to do some digging to find it, but it's a quite good representation of my own ideas: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20042824107?page=2#post-30
>>
>>50444233
We could have both Jaina and Sylvanas go crazy and it'd be cool if it was the Horde that had to take down Jaina and the Alliance that had to take down Sylvanas.

Also,

Man, the gay shit only makes up 3 posts in the entire thread. I even abstained myself from including it in my other posts, because I thought it might upset people. And I mean, come on, literally look at the previous threads -- there are people that literally talk about how much they want to fuck Sylvanas' "maggot infested pussy," but I don't see you or anyone else complaining about that.

Do you hate gays that much?

>>50444240
Hmm, that's true. That kind of fucks up the theory then. Maybe Il'gynoth is only counting her two deaths as Sylvanas, Banshee Queen, because that's who she considers to be her "real self?"

>>50443770
I mean, at some point, Wrathion has to look himself in the mirror and go, "Maaaaybe I shouldn't be an asshole for once. I mean, the world is literally about the end."

Character growth!
>>
>>50444359
She doesn't even look dead. What's the point in returning from the dead if all that happens is that your skin/eyes change colour?
>>
>>50444359
>directly state that the /pfg/-tier waifufagging and husbandofagging usually makes me ignore thes threads
>how come you hate gays reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fuck off with the victim complex, faggot.

>character growth
>after seeing what they did to Garrosh and basically any kaldorei
lel
>>
>>50444481
Youre the one acting like hes been raped friend
>>
File: file.png (130KB, 218x313px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
130KB, 218x313px
POST >yfw EBON BLADE WORLD POLICE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
>>
>>50443607

I couldn't love this more. Wrathion is one of the only characters created after WC3 that I like, and I'm a tauren player so of course I want the tauren in charge, not to mention the fact that they are the least war-mongering and have good relations with multiple Ally races.

I think the faction war should be played up like once every 2-3 expansions. Some story reason why the Ally and Horde are close to all out war and give us some new battlegrounds. Then let the tensions die out (even if a character has to die) and give us 2-3 expansions where we focus on other shit.
>>
>>50445503
>I think the faction war should be played up like once every 2-3 expansions. Some story reason why the Ally and Horde are close to all out war and give us some new battlegrounds. Then let the tensions die out (even if a character has to die) and give us 2-3 expansions where we focus on other shit.

They will need to do this soon. We will go to Argus this expansion and beyond demons we only have Azshara and Old Gods left to kill... Or do some Warcraft 4 to fresh out some new characters with a 5 years time skip maybe.

It would actually be good a new cataclysm revamp to fix these incredible ugly and outdated tree texture... I am tired to fly with ps2 graphics on my face...
>>
>>50445495
I want this gnommer to do things to me bobby
>>
>>50442979
>>50443019

They confirmed at Blizzcon that he's back in Azeroth and we'll see him later. Ebonhorn even mentioned he had some "family issues" to attend to.
>>
whats your opinion on Panda Shadowpriests? I usually play mind as Call of Cthulhu investigators fighting fire with fire.
>>
pandaren dont exist in my canon
>>
>>50446287
I tried to think on asian humans on my headcanon but after seeing all those pandas running I cant picture anything less than a obese human... which is far worse than pandas, btw...

"Taran Zhu, the leader of a obese ninja squad."
>>
why is thunderbluff in the nightmare?

I thought the emerald dream was supposed to be what azeroth would be without civilization?
>>
>>50446392
Taurens don't count as civilized.
>>
>>50446413
really? is that really why thudnerbluff exists?
>>
>>50445495

I need pictures of gnome women for reasons

goblins girls too
>>
>>50446392
>>50446413
>>50446427
Isn't the bluff itself natural? There aren't buildings in the nightmare, right.
>>
>>50446392
Because bluffs are a part of natural geography. Why the fuck wouldn't they be there?
>>
File: fuck this.png (250KB, 700x276px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this.png
250KB, 700x276px
>>50446523

it is

for whatever reason, the city is there

>>50446531

the city anon, not the natural formation of the land
>>
>>50446434
T. Vault plunderer
>>
>>50443246
>We'll kill her in Nighthold

Voice files for the raid say otherwise.
>>
>>50446661
>tfw it's a specific Druid's nightmare exacerbated by her grief over her death being twisted into a hatred of the Horde and especially of Tauren

Plus, the Nightmare is a corruption of the Dream - what better way to corrupt nature than to introduce civilization?
>>
>>50446661
Eh, then chalk it up to Blizzard being shitty at their job. Don't forget that in the Moonglade section, there's Nighthaven even more obvious than Thunder Bluff.
>>
>>50442752

Fuck Gilneas. Fuck Worgen, it's just a haven for furry faggots.

Gilneas would be cool if it was just a human nation again. Humans are boring because everything is Stormwind Stormwind STORMWIND.

Blizzard won't allow humans to have more than one kingdom, it's pretty retarded.
>>
>>50445495
>tfw DKs will never be a real class in Hearthstone
a fucking sick zoo lock card is fine too though
>>
>>50446998
I just want their zone and city.
>>
File: 1475708806445.png (406KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475708806445.png
406KB, 900x600px
>>50437767
I still don't understand why The Last Guardian and TBC decided to age lift Khadgar that much. After all, he always were shown to be middle aged at best, which still could work with Medivh using Life Steal on him to age Khadgar up and make himself younger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki3y2-XI0bY
>>
File: Fara_concept.jpg (223KB, 1402x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fara_concept.jpg
223KB, 1402x1600px
>>50436550
>the titans discarded sentient bulldozing equipment
That's the best description of the Breakers I have seen so far.
Also, I am pretty sure that Botani are also Titan creation.
Truly, Titans had really dark period while ordering this world, akin to when God created Australia.
>you will never explore Farahlon in WoD, because Blizzard used excuse of "We don't think this zone would fit in the theme of this expansion"
Not mentioning other continent where another/main Ogre Empire was supposed to be located.

Not mentioning that it would be better if some of the Clans that were forced to join Iron Horde would be made into allies after defeat instead of basically decimating them.
>You won't have Fenris Wolfbrother and Thunderlord Clan as part of the Horde
>You won't have well versed in Shamanistic tradition, stargazing, and even Void knowledgeable Shadowmoon Clan aiding Alliance in Draenor
And the retardedly cut short plot of Cho'Gall and his new "Masters", which should be used to introduce concept of Void Lords, instead of having to learn about it from Chronicles first.
>>
>>50441935
>>ywn be a human paladin who turns himself beck to his ancestors stone form in order to purge the enemies of humanity in a more efficient fashion.
Metal. Vrykul were made of metal.
>>
>>50436550
Wait, the Shrooms were yet another Old God, too? Ffs, Blizz.
>>
>>50443864
>there's a letter in WOW somewhere where he says to another Paladin that Arthas is shaping up pretty good, but he's too single minded and talks about how he went and tracked down a bunch of wolves and skinned them to make furs for a woman who lost her arm to them or something.
Arthas sounds like typical PC that got a quest of killing wolves as revenge for her losing an arm.
>>
>>50447632
Refer to >>50435723
Looks like the Summoned Old God from Outland that Arakkoa tried to bring until Gul'dan blasted them so hard only spirits remained is canon.
>The Sethekk are a faction of the arakkoa who believe themselves to be the true and most loyal followers of the master of all arakkoa. The nature of this master is unknown to outsiders; the arakkoa do not speak of him except to say that his mysteries are for the feathered people alone.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Summoned_Old_God
>While physically Anzu was meager compared to his counterpart, Rukhmar, he possessed a great intellect. As opposed to Rukhmar loving the sun and sky, Anzu preferred the cool of the shade and the peace of the twilight hours where he could be alone in quiet contemplation. He would converse with the "gods of the abyss", and he would find them dull, witless creatures.
>>
>>50447632
iirc their origin never got explained at all. Just that they were slowly encroaching on all of the shorelines
>>
>>50447902
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Amorphic_Cognitor
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Assault_on_Lost_Veil_Anzu
>This quest functions a bit differently than the others. While in the quest area, players are debuffed with "Amorphic Cogitator: Killing enemies may cause your strange companion to evolve." After killing and looting a creature, make sure to right-click it again to consume it. As evolution progresses, players will deal substantially more damage to creatures, and eventually the companion will evolve into a spore walker, granting the player a few abilities to nigh-instantly complete the quest.
>>
>>50447935
>>50447885
I don't see how any of that points to the Zangar Encroachment being Old God related. If anything, everything showed it to be Primal related.
>>
Where the fuck did the Pale come from, anyways? They were taught Void magic by Cho'gall, so they aren't void-warped orcs.
>>
>>50447978
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Podling
>While fungi are not actually a type of plant (despite common misconception), the podlings of Shadowmoon Valley can be seen dancing around an image of a sporeling, projected by Leaf-Reader Kurri, hinting at some sort of connection. Kurri exclaims, Mushroom show future. Believe! hinting that podlings may have become sporelings, likely due to being infected by the Zangar encroachment (seemingly despite their apparent allergy to spores). This seems to be supported by Blizzard's statement that the sporelings were not always mushroom creatures.
>The Sporeggar were not always made of mushroom.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gloomshade_Spore
>"Rumor has it podlings are extremely allergic to these spores."
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Zangar_encroachment
>The Zangar encroachment[1] or Zangar fungal encroachment[2] is the name given to the various fungal swamps found across the shores of Draenor, caused by the Zangar Sea seeking to overtake the land by releasing thousands of spores and slowly growing inland over time.
>Similar to the plant-based Primals, the Zangar encroachment has the ability to infest land-dweling creatures with spores, turning them into mindless fungal slaves, as can be seen in the Crimson Fen. In southern Spires of Arak, the land is being overtaken by the mushrooms that grow underwater, and as a result, strange fungal creatures are sprouting up in the area.
>http://wow.gamepedia.com/Bulbapore Fungal Giant
Primals are plant related. Zangar is fungi.
>>
>>50448020
Cho'gall taught them how to use Void magic, but they could already be corrupted by it.
As for their origins, from: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Pale_orc
>When young orc shaman from around the world come of age, they make a pilgrimage to the Throne of Elements to seek the blessings of the elemental spirits. The entire journey is filled with risk, but the ceremony itself is the most dangerous time of an orc's life. It's not clear what happens to those who are not strong enough and succumb to terrible visions and unearthly whispers during what should be the triumph of their young life. Those orcs who fall to the otherworldly voices flee their clan and become the Pale, withered remains of their former selves, hiding from the light and babbling incoherently in dark caves. Are they truly insane, or have they actually made contact with a malevolent force? The answers may lie in the twisting caverns beneath Nagrand, where some of the largest colonies of Pale linger and speak cryptic warnings.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Beasts_of_the_Savage_Lands
>The pale orcs draw on the power of the naaru K'ure and Cho'gall says that they are the key to subjugating him. Cho'gall, referred to as "the master", has taught the Pale how to use the Void and through it enslave elementals. After siphoning K'ure's power, Cho'gall led the pale orcs to attack the ogre capital, Highmaul.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Sleeper_Has_Awakened
>Cho'gall says: Do you feel the power they're drawing on? (It's the naaru in Nagrand!)
>>
>>50446347
just make flesh mogu lol
>>
>>50447529
>Truly, Titans had really dark period while ordering this world, akin to when God created Australia.
until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume that the titans do that to all non-worldsouled planets because they're pissed off about wasting their time
>>
>>50448913
I support this notion.
>>
>>50447026
>tfw no dk zombie zoo
Hero spell is drawing a card from the grave
>>
>>50443520
>muh peas

Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>50448913
I suppose we can assume that worlds K'aresh (Ethereal's original homeworld, before Dimensius arrived there), Argus (Eredar), and some of the worlds destroyed by Legion, including Centralis (where Gorelix used Maw of the Damned to wipe out all life on it) or homeworld of Aldrachi, were not ordered by Titans.
>>
>>50446392
To ham in the whole "The Nightmare is trying to corrupt the Taurenpeople's heart/soul. Which is represented by Thunderbluff."
>>
>>50446392
because Elerethe hates the fuck out of the tauren because she thinks Hamuul Runetotem had her murdered
>>
>Thalyssra wants me to give her plans to the other elven leaders
>go to Tyrande and Vereesa
>my feet hurt
>fuck the Horde
>the Nightfallen are stupid
>I don't want to see you ever again
>I wish I has at home riding Malf's cock

>go to Liadrin
>good plan, my forces are ready as soon as you give the order
the Alliance was a mistake
>>
>>50449688
most likely. Or they managed to progress beyond Breaker/Primal mode with superior magic, which orcs didn't really have
>>
>>50444435
Being undead is apparently pretty unpleasant. Like constant unending pain kinds of unpleasant. It's why so many of the free willed undead go evil.
>>
>>50450776
Vereesa is a huge bitch. Tyrande is an epic tier bitch, literally the worst character in the entire franchise. I hate players that choose belf but Lor'themar and Lady Liadrin are based.
>>
>>50453144
Lor'themar is the Warchief the Horde needs, but not the one it deserves
>>
>>50453754
I completely agree, though I would hate how smug the faggy belf players would be
>>
>>50453848
I used to hate Belfs too until I actually played one. The player base may sucks but their lore and aesthetics are cool as hell.
>>
>>50453144
>Tyrande is an epic tier bitch, literally the worst character in the entire franchise.

She's just pissed off at how she doesn't get to ride around on a giant tiger shooting fools with arrows and dropping stars on people any more.

Tyrande used to be cool.
>>
>>50454173
She's the living embodiment of the Peter principle. She's a great warrior but a terrible politician.
>>
>>50454349
Which Peter is that named after? The only ruler named Peter I can think of is Peter the Great and I thought the attempt as Westernisation was what he was famed for.
>>
>>50454066
I have a female belf mage. I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics. The male belf posture is so feminine that I can't possibly fathom why someone would choose to play one. Female belfs have a decent ass though.
>>
>>50454412
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

>>50454535
The way their ears bounce as they walk cracks me up. But I was referring more to their architecture and soundtrack
>>
>>50454720
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Thanks anon, was interesting.
>>
>>50454720
Yeah I meant I'm not a big fan of the architecture or lore. The model for the female belf is good
>>
>>50454349
>Be Tyrande
>Lowly initiate at local moon temple
>Have cute hippie boyfriend and his twin who's orbiting you so hard you can feel the beta radiate from him
>Suddenly the end of the world happens
>Demons fall from the sky and come crawling from the capitol and kill everyone
>Manage to avert apocalypse, basically all nobility has either been killed, vanished or seceded, leaving a power vacuum
>Become promoted to literal head of a theocratic military regime for the past 10'000 years
>Keep Sentinels alive and relatively well, establish good connections with other natives from northern Kalimdor
>Regularly fuck Satyrs up the ass
>Suddenly green chimps and pink shits come deforesting your territory
>Suddenly suddenly demons - Again!
>Wake up hippie husbando
>Become utterly useless in the process
>Spend the next decade or so being HUSHed and standing around on a huge tree in the middle of the ocean because why the fuck stay in your ancient homeland, right?

Somebody, somewhere, is responsible for this and I want to know who messed up my troll-elf amazon waifu.
>>
File: 1459425185818.jpg (178KB, 1214x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1459425185818.jpg
178KB, 1214x1200px
>>50455575
That's the stupendous irony of it. They're somehow managing to portray her as a brainless Leeroy Jenkins AND a useless housewife at the same time.

Honestly, while Tyrande was a bit brash in WC3, most of her decisions had good outcomes. Plus, she was willing to sacrifice herself to save a bunch of blood elves she barely knew (even if she survived), why do we never see that kind of strength of character anymore?
>>
>>50444435
Because thatpuffer of puredarkness forcefully holding your soul and body together eats good emotions like a freakin mindflayer brains.
Every undead goes cynical, cold and macabre because of this. Every undead lacks the warmth and joy of life to the most fundamental level.

Woe is those who have been risen by the dark. Because their resurrection begets only suffering.

>>50448020
Reminds me: in outland you can see the Arakkoa trying to summon an old god. Hinting at their presence, there. Along with titan artifacts in Ashran...
>>
>>50454720
Thicc ears
>>
>>50454173
>She's just pissed off at how she doesn't get to ride around on a giant tiger shooting fools with arrows and dropping stars on people any more.
nah, when I tell her to do that she gets butthurt that I have the gall to keep committing imaginary sins against her by having rolled a tauren
>>
>>50456990
Tyrande is the womyn from Tumblr that yell at you for being a horrible oppressor for being male or white
>>
>>50457291
>>50456990

Thats because deep down tumlr tier writers have no idea how to write decisive, determined and commanding women, so they write everyone as arm candy or STRONK WOMYN who does everything else does BUT WITH A VAGINA.

Its such a shame that ALL night elf leaders got gutted.

Malfurion is a neutral cuck hippie who refused to even acknowledge Warsong Gulch existing
Fandral could have been an interesting foil but nah, he crazy and ded.
Maiev is crazy now.
Shandris is a literally who.
And Tyrande is just Tyrande tier, getting hushed, sidelined a king about 14970 years her junior and inquiring a contents about a vial.
>>
File: The Matt Ward of Blizzard.png (65KB, 250x292px) Image search: [Google]
The Matt Ward of Blizzard.png
65KB, 250x292px
Great news, everyone!

>The @PlayHearthstone team welcomed me with a plate of cookies! <3 Related news: I'm on the #Hearthstone team now :D pic.twitter.com/6lEWo8bz6J

>— Dave Kosak (@DaveKosak) November 29, 2016

>https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/803683460330102784

Horde and Alliance rejoice!
>>
File: free chicken tendies.jpg (78KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
free chicken tendies.jpg
78KB, 800x533px
>>50458143

https://youtu.be/-kcOpyM9cBg?t=7m19s
>>
File: 1458376187434.jpg (67KB, 491x724px) Image search: [Google]
1458376187434.jpg
67KB, 491x724px
>>50458143
On the one hand, good. On the other hand, trust Blizzard to find someone even worse as a replacement.
>>
>>50458143
2016 really has made a hard shift into the best timeline
>>
File: Lmaomancer.png (94KB, 904x692px) Image search: [Google]
Lmaomancer.png
94KB, 904x692px
>>50444061
> Half-human, half-dreanei, half-gnome, half-panderan, half-unicorn, half-tauren reincarnated Aztec God.
> Also, he is the last of the vampire pirate jedi.
>>
>>50444061
What is this? is this the Goldshire I hear so much about?
>>
>>50443577
How many times are you going to type the same thing word for word?
>>
>>50443750
Do you even know how to use a ellipsis, you stupid fuck?
>>
>>50458603
>Wandering Cliché of the East
Anon, I think it -might- be a parody character.

But yes, he is physically standing in Goldshire.
>>
>>50449688
K'aresh is a safe bet because if it had a world soul and got that much Void exposure we'd all be dead already.
Sargeras has left Argus intact, so it can't have a worldsoul.
Centralis and the Aldrachi world, it's entirely possible they did, but the Legion aborted them.
>>
>>50458143
He is out of the Warcraft team? That would be awsome.
>>
>>50442752
People still take Wacraft seriously?!

The lore basically died after WotLK.

Also, it's vidya universe, it shouldn't be (as in form of general thread) on /tg/.
>>
>>50445495
>Sergeant Sally - "Who is she? Where did she come from? We don't even have a police force here in Gadgetzan!!" - Mayor Noggenfogger
EVERYONE GETS POLICED.
YOU GET POLICED.
YOU GET POLICED.
GIVEUSTHEBODYBAG.
>>
>>50458313
>yfw they bring him out of his coke-induced sleep
His first words would be "I really, REALLY, REALLY need a powdered donut".
>>
>>50456109
>Reminds me: in outland you can see the Arakkoa trying to summon an old god. Hinting at their presence, there. Along with titan artifacts in Ashran...
Well, seeing as Old Gods are basically greater demons for the void lords, I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually summon them.
>>
>>50461010
>stop! In the name of the one true king
>>
>>50457627

Didn't Cordana Felsong went crazy?

Night Elves are such a punching bag these days. Hilariously ironic, considering how NE bikini babes propelled the popularity of Warcraft in the gaming world and now Tyrande ranked as one of the strongest female video game heroines for years.
>>
>>50456109
>Along with titan artifacts in Ashran...
There's also actual titan location in Nagrand, but as I have not been playing the game in ages, a lot of what I know is from wow gamepedia, and the amount of info on WoD is ridiculously low.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Vault_of_the_Titan
>>
>>50461673
You can blame 97% of that on Kosak who's stated multiple times that he personally hates Night Elves and wishes they would all die. He was alsp the one in charge of the Ashenvale quest design in Cataclysm, along with other large chunks of Kalimdor.
>>
>>50461912
Where did he state that? I know he was a big proponent of escalating the faction conflict into a total war.

It certainly feels like someone at Blizzard hates them. Their story since Cataclysm has been nothing but loss and suffering.
>>
>>50461673
Cordana got pissed off at Khadgar being a dick... so she joined the Legion
>>
>>50461793
For an expansion without content that's a lot
>>
>>50464150

>FELSONG

Gee bliz, I did not seen that coming. It was such a TOTAL surprise.
>>
>>50465370
at least we got a fun boss fight out of it
Legion has its problems, but it has the best dungeon bosses of any expansion
>>
>>50460979
Eh, if TES can stay.
>>
File: WELL MET.gif (491KB, 517x640px) Image search: [Google]
WELL MET.gif
491KB, 517x640px
>>50464564
As far as I know, there are no quests regarding that, so that's not really that much.
>>
>>50465837
there's a bunch of quests for the goblins on the ridge above the cave I think
>>
>>50442834

Because Genn was entirely justified and what he did was beneficial for the Alliance and humanity in general?

What's the point of fighting to save the world if you're just going to deliver it into the hands of your enemies?
>>
>>50442834

When someone will call on the horde continously antagonizing the alliance in every single zone since vanilla.
>>
>>50465837
Well met my man
>>
>>50467841
Horde's a good boy, they dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>50467751
Genn is literally the only competent and likable leader in the Alliance. If Genn killed Sylvanas and btfo Anduin and became High King of the Alliance, I would pay to faction change all 7 of my capped characters to Alliance.
>>
>>50469360
Outside of Genn and Lor'Themor are any of the faction leaders likable?

Maybe Saurfang, but he isn't really a faction leader.
>>
>>50469582

To this day I'm mad about Saurfang not being the orcish faction leader. He is literally the embodiment of the honorable orcish warrior concept.

I liked Velen in BC, when he actually came off an an incredibly cunning and calculating chessmaster. Redeeming the blood elves aganist their will and turning the Sunwell into a font of holy power. Then he did jack shit after.

I'm really disliking the whole faction leader focus anyway. Makes the lore feel like a bad action comic. Frontline commanders, war veterans, adventurers and the like should be at focus, people like Shandris, Nazgrel, Nathanos, Maraad and the gorillion lesser characters people grew attached to during questing. Seeing Gryan Stoutmantle again in WotLk was fucking great. In cata I really loved questing with all the little Earthen Ring dudes through three zones and getting to know them and how they work together. And then they were unceremoniously got killed off in an instance without most people noticing they were even there.

I want more faction archetype heroes and everymen fighting, not these larger than life faction leaders doing nothing for years then suddenly getting bumped off.
>>
>>50469582
Cairne was. Baine maybe, if he had more experience under his belt. I completely agree that Genn, Lor'themar and Saurfang are probably the only based leaders. And Emperor Shaohao if you count him.

>>50469710
YES though the number of expansions ramping up the power level kind of makes this inevitable. We need some kind of apocalypse. Or WoW2.
>>
>>50469752
Forgot about Baine I havn't played since late Wrath though, Cairne was pretty based, hard to beat a minotaur that was still going at over one hundred years old.

I don't really have an opinion on Velen, I made a Draenai once and got pissed off at how stupid it looked on flying mounts (that weren't drakes) and anything that wasn't their enormous and pain in the arse elephant that makes everything impossible to see, so I don't know enough about them really.
>>
>>50469752

Cause metzen and kosak were like shitty DMs who think raising the stakes and constantly saving the world automatically creates tension and interest so they created all these one dimensional cardboard cutouts and showered powers on them. Back in WC3 thrall was just some shaman, one of many and the doomhammer was a weapon, not a hyper-powerful relic.We cared about the story because we saw Thrall struggling to achieve stuff, his strengths, his weaknesses, we have seen him being angry, amused etc. But who the fuck cares about some "world shaman" killing Deathwing with a kamehameha? No one, yet his shit was constantly was shoved into our face. His marriage and MUH FEELS were more important than the aspects re-blessing Nordrassil, and his nigger waifu getting preggers was literally forced into the ending credits of the expansion pack.

On the other hand, small, unassuming, recurring characters like Gryan Stoutmantle are liked because they are believable and feel real. We SEE Gryan work his ass off, being a righteous as fuck paladin in a little town, working hard to bring down an entire criminal organization in his own. Then he was so adept at commanding and organizing he turns his ragtag miltia into a regiments and goes to Northrend to fight the Scourge. The quests SHOW everything about him and his qualities organically. its integrated into the game and not jarring. He is related to memorable quests, items and instances(muh Chausses of Westfall) We see him being a paragon of paladin virtues and persevering throughj hard times when tirion just walks out of his shack and he is golden ashbringer boi.
>>
>>50469965
I think we should have the Alliance and Horde completely fall apart and have each race as a "faction" which loose alliances between them. All the shit leaders should be killed off and we should have a lot of character building for each race, the leader, and the heroes of that race in the early questing. Later questing should be based around class like Legion class halls. They were right to identify that class identity is important, especially because the conflict between the factions is so stupid by this point and everyone is tired of it.
>>
>>50467841
I played vanilla and you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>50465837
WELL MET
>>
File: well_met.gif (72KB, 364x227px) Image search: [Google]
well_met.gif
72KB, 364x227px
>>50465837
WELL MET.

>>50469360
>Mekkatorque
>not likeable
>>
>>50470998
Mekkatorque is lame. Gnomes are just worse versions of Goblins in every way
>>
>>50471118
>Goblins are slavers, sociopaths, amoral, greedy, one of the most despised races by both sides and generally unreliable as the only thing they ever look towards to is lining their pockets with whatever side that allows them nearly limitless funds and access to free labor and an amoral environment to test their inhumane and cruel weapons, save for the gobs of Horde who are considered second class citizens even with the now leaders rising to power and their leader being worse than even people like Blackfuse and whoever is the CEO of Venture co.
>They are also industrial espionist who base some of their best known tech on gnome tech that they have stolen or scavenged after a more competent race is able to take them down

>Gnomes are refugees because of an internal political conflict of their de facto leaders. The current one has to balance the needs of his people and the amount of good will he can secure from the dwarves without overstepping boundaries, so they work extra hard for the betterment of Alliance. Also they are amoral sociopaths, but they don't generally go out of their way to be cruel
>Also generally all of their greatest achievements are theirs and theirs alone with only taking some explosive tech from gobs

BUT HEY GOBS ARE TOTES METAL BECAUSE THEY ARE TINY MUSCLEBOUND PYROMANIACS WHICH MAKES THEM TOTALLY BETTER
>>
>>50469752
"Baine is everything Garrosh Hellscream is not: he is patient, calm, wise beyond his years, and looks to spill as little blood as he possibly can by looking at every possible alternative that could avoid a battle. His ability to speak calmly to Garrosh despite his rapid demands and insults to his people's ways only show Baine's inner control and patience in dealing with someone he feels will either end up killing himself, or growing up the hard way. He greatly dislikes anything that disrupts the peace and gets to the heart of the matter in order to quickly resolve a problem. Baine believes deeply in his people, but often feels doubt that he is not the great leader his Father was, and tries to calmly lead his people in dark times with his confidence in not Garrosh, but in the Horde's integrity and ideals. While Baine is not afraid to take charge and tell people calmly what he thinks, he is almost always trying to avoid unnecessary conflict, especially in a world already filled with much strife and suffering. Diplomacy is his strong suit, but he is a force to be reckoned with, as he fights to end a conflict as soon as possible. Despite any of his personal losses or direct affronts to his leadership, Baine is incredibly forgiving of people, and able to lay aside grudges for the sake of his people, and his own inner peace. As he tries to emulate his Father, he also walks his own path, as someone who is incredibly perceptive and deals with problems logically, as well as seeking to help deliver peace to a world that sorely needs it."

Dude Baine is based as fuck, as are the Tauren in general in a definately not-biased way.
>>
>>50460979
It's had more than one TT RPG.
>>
>>50469582

Saurfang is the genuine Orcish faction leader now. It's safe to call him one.
>>
>>50471307
Goblins are better at the greedy capitalist engineer angle in every way. Gnomes are just cucked versions of Goblins for prissy Alliance players.

>>50471394
Tauren are objectively the best playable race
>>
>>50465837
Well met indeed,,
I will now well mead
>>
>>50469710
watching Nazgrim get promoted from a grunt to a mid level officer to the general of the entire Horde forces is one of the best parts of the later expansions, and I'll always feel bad that Admiral Taylor died off screen in a mid-level quest so Alliance players couldn't get the same growth

thanks god I play a dk
>>
>>50470793

>forsaken invading dalaran, stromgarde, lordaeron remnants, trying to poison sleeping druids, therere are even forsaken in duskwood
>orcs attacking into ashenvale and acting like they own the place
>orcs planning to conquer theramore

and shit only got worse.
>>
File: 1212212324246.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1212212324246.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>50465837
>>
>>50471876
If I may blog and fanfag a bit:

Back during Vanilla closed Beta, I was a young and superhyped kid who wasn't even fully done playing the campaign of Warcraft 3. I just remember being so in love with the Tauren Chieftain's model that I wanted nothing more than to play a Tauren in WoW. Because I loved handling pets, Hunter as a class choice was a given.

Then came a grand time of orcfaggotry, blinded by the green and the BLOOD AND HONOUR, and I pushed the Tauren aside in favour for an Orc Warrior, but I never quite was happy with it.

Then I quit during BC because I had fallen out of love with Warcraft, alltogether, although I would watch periodically what the news on the Lore were.

Now, I started playing on a BC private server, and this time I decided to play that damn Tauren Hunter that I had been neglecting all these years.

I love it. I have never felt so whole in my life, playing a character of a race that is mentally strong and cultivated but still stoic and proud enough to wage war as the tribes require, where neither the peaceful kodo herder nor the strongwilled politician feel out of place, where the potential to emulate an actual tribal people is so great.

I love Tauren. Tauren were the best thing that has ever happened to Warcraft. They took Cairne away but Baine will prove worthy of his father's heritage.

Shame that Grimtotem are just strawman evil guys somehow, despite them being probably just the warrior's edge that Thunder Bluff needs.

Also I will never accept Kodomounts. Plains Running was our thing, but Blizzard withheld it for the Dogfaces!
>>
>>50473043
why do I feel like the first part of this quote is originally from Hitler?
>>
>>50465837
WELL MET
>>
>>50473121

I don't think Sylvanas said that.
>>
>>50473050
Tauren the best. I've played on and off since 2009, and my main has consistently been Tauren.

Grimtotem are just there to give some negative aspect to Tauren, (and the Twilight Hammer just has to fill their diversity quota) and even then you got some like Jevan who dissasociate from Magatha and the rest.

I like to pretend my warrior is one of those.
>>
>>50473171
>implying Sylvanas isn't more like Stalin
>>
>>50473050
A girl (!) got me into WoW and we made a character together, so of course it was a belf. I liked playing paladin, and she was playing hunter of course with a cute kitty, but then she decided she wanted to BE a kitty and convinced me to roll druid. Tauren was the only druid race for the Horde, and she wasn't happy with the way female tauren look, but she could be in cat mode all day so it wasn't a big deal. I LOVED the lore and the aesthetics of the tauren.
I also loved tanking but found out that the bear tank was the most boring tank. I found out that tauren were now able to be paladins, so I race changed my paladin to a tauren and raid tanked. Soon I had all 5 tank classes as tauren. The girl broke up with me over trivial drama, and I had the idea to start a tauren RP guild. I soon found out that RP was a lot more complex and involved than I thought, so I gave up the idea.
Now I returned in Legion and found out that I can't have a tauren DH tank. FUCK BLIZZ FUCK ELVES FUCK DEMON HUNTERS FUCK ILLIDAN

>>50473197
I like the presence of the Grimtotem. I also like how they gave different styles to the different Highmountain tribes. That zone is so comfy. The only thing I didn't like was that the actual Thunder Totem tauren didn't really have any kind of identity. I think they should have made them earth shamans and tied to Neltharion's Lair.
>>
>>50454066

I fucking love blood elves. I remember when they first came out.

>Man, these bright-and-shiny super-magical high elves seem like assholes. Whatever, I'll play through their starting zone, it's new content.
>Oh my god, they are assholes. The most glorious assholes imaginable. They're having magic coke parties and constantly talking shit about each other. They're golden and beautiful and more evil than the Forsaken. This is amazing.
>>
>>50465837

WELL MET
>>
>>50473305
I fucking love the story of Highmountain. Becoming the champion of Thunder Totem and going around to convince the other tribes to rejoin the Highmountain, only to find out that the Bloodtotem joined the Legion and convincing the Stonedark drogbar to join instead

one of the few zone stories that holds up to Spires of Arak
>>
>>50473305
>Now I returned in Legion and found out that I can't have a tauren DH tank. FUCK BLIZZ FUCK ELVES FUCK DEMON HUNTERS FUCK ILLIDAN
it sucks too because vengeance is the most fun tank spec I've played
>>
>>50473305
>Tauren RP
Back in those Vanilla beta days I was extremely into Freeform Forum RP, so I actually played that Tauren Hunter in an RP-Tavern-Thread we had going.

I wanted to re-read the posts I wrote when I was 12 and have a good cringe, but they deleted the thread. Not sure if I'm glad or sad about that.

>>50473197
My Grimtotem brovine.

>>50473591
>Bloodtotem go ebul
I'm seeing a pattern with the Tribal names here that Blizzard seems to throw before the players as expfodder.
>>
>>50473642
>I'm seeing a pattern with the Tribal names here that Blizzard seems to throw before the players as expfodder.
at least their named in a way that makes sense when they become evil. The fact that the Legion vrykul are named "Felskorn" always makes me chuckle cause shouldn't they not like the Legion then?
>>
>>50473642
So, are the Bloodhoofs Kil'Jaeden-level cunning, or the exception to the rule?
>>
>>50473329
I remember the uproar because of Blood Elves joining the Horde. Looking back the Blood Mage had maximal aesthetics and it's kind of a bummer they didn't give male Blood Elves the same bulky build, it would probably have alleviated some of the refusal of the Horde players back then.

When BC came out I played them, of course, and I thought they were amazingly implemented, although looking back I would have designed Silvermoon differently, with a more patchwork fix look. Cleaned up, yes, to distinguish them from the Forsaken and their superspook design, but still visibly ruined from a siege that plowed through the middle of the city while ragtag militia battled in the streets alongside what little standing army was available at the time against hordes of zombies and frenzied ghouls.

Most effort would have been just to clean up and make major buildings and roads available, again, and then apply some pretty paintbrushes so the place doesn't look as depressing, anymore.
>>
>>50473792
They're me forgetting them when I made the statement.

But, they also have no "-totem" in their name, so maybe that's how they're save?
>>
>>50473642
>I wanted to re-read the posts I wrote when I was 12 and have a good cringe, but they deleted the thread. Not sure if I'm glad or sad about that.

Be sad
>>
>>50473827
I was just kidding, relax.
>>
>>50473827
SO when with Hammul Runetotem become a feldruid?
>>
>>50473913
I should back up all my old forum rp posts. I know freeform has a bad reputation (and deservedly so), but it really helped me improve my writing style and become aware of what a good character is and isn't, and I can actually see how my characters and writing became better over time.

Seeing how my very first posts disappeared forever is making me antsy, but I haven't had the mind to search and copy paste eight years worth of cringey nostalgia.

So, speaking of past lore: We all probably agree that major WoW lore didn't quite turn out the way we wanted, but there must have been bits we enjoyed and that kept us invested.

What were your favourite lore bits that has the potential to be great plotlimes? What were your expectations for the continuation ahead of WoW?
>>
>>50474229
>implying he wasn't evil the whole time
#justice4elerethe
>>
File: blade of the black empire.png (253KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
blade of the black empire.png
253KB, 680x486px
>>50474316
>trusting the Nightmare
>trusting the Old Gods

I bet you unironically agree with pic related.
>>
>>50474276
Blizzard is fantastic at worldbuilding but their overarching plots are usually pretty bad. The problem they've had since Wrath is constantly making minor characters more interesting than major ones (Drakuru and the Drakkari in general vs. The Lich King for example). For whatever reason, the focus of their efforts is always bad but they build an incredibly interesting world around them. For now I hope they keep using Legion as a "where are they now?" for Warcraft, bringing back old characters that were shit on by the narrative and giving them a second chance. Death knights convincing Kel'Thuzad to come back home and warriors getting to stormforge Lei Shen so he can finish the gods' work are two ideas I really like that get bounced around a bit here
>>
>>50474534
Lei Shen and Kel'Thuzad are based. I want Anub'arak too. I play DK and Warlock in this xpac, and I don't really like lock lore so idgaf about that, I just want some based Scourge bros for the Ebon Blade.

>>50474504
I hope the Old Gods btfo Sylvanas and the Legion at the end of the expansion. I regret not maining Shadow Priest in Legion.
>>
>>50474534
>>50474790

I would absolutely LOVE to see Lei Shen again but I have a feeling he's really dead this time.

Also someone clarify for me but didn't Wrathion technically take Aman'Thul's power from Lei Shen when he ate his heart?
>>
>>50474933
It was the power of a titan keeper, Ra'den.
>>
>>50474946
Didn't Ra-den get that from Aman'Thul?
>>
>>50474962
Yeah he was empowered by Aman'Thul like Odyn was.
>>
>>50474933
>>50474962
I just looked it up. It was retconned when they decided all the Titans are dead.

"One day, while the keepers were carrying out their work on Azeroth, they suddenly felt a great influx of power, and a surge of fragmented memories washed over them. Puzzled, the keepers sent a message to the Pantheon, asking what just happened and why, but never received a reply. After a very long time, Ra realized that this was no mere anomaly, but the very last remnant of the Pantheon's spirits after the traitor Sargeras had slain his brethren. The Highkeeper struggled to accept the death of the Pantheon, and carefully extracted the lingering power of Aman'Thul before storing it in a mountain vault near the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
the mogu decided that if the Pantheon were dead and their servant refused to continue their work, he would do so himself. Without warning, Lei Shen incapacitated Ra, bound the keeper in great chains, and stole not only the keeper's power, but also the power of Aman'Thul[16] (though he never succeeded in harnessing Ra's two artifacts)."

So it's more than just the power of a titan keeper, it's actually the lingering essence of Aman'thul
>>
>>50472506

Yeah, we need more development like that. Seeing the NPCs develop and grow is great. Makes them feel so much more humane and connected to the world. Like its actually a living, breathing world where the little men can make his way up and become a hero as well, not everything is dependent on you. This was the best aspect of vanilla and continues to be the best aspect of blizzard when they give a fuck. Its so stupid how random little NPCs like Thisalee Crow, Sven Yorgen, Archmage Vargoth and the likes can tell a much more interesting story then the supposed main storyline or the big name NPCs being all grim and heroic.

I seriously wish they'd have planned out expansions and story ahead instead of pulling shit out of their asses constantly, imagine how could a 5 expansion overarching story and characters could have been.
>>
File: 6e5f50cd210aa763.jpg (182KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
6e5f50cd210aa763.jpg
182KB, 1440x900px
>>50473810
In fairness, the part of Silvermoon that functions as an in-game capital and looks all prettified is only about half of the actual city. A good chunk of Silvermoon is straight up inaccessible and implied to be entirely wrecked (particularly where the Dead Scar runs through it) and part of the starting questline has you trekking through ruins infested with Wretched and malfunctioning golems.

Honestly though, I don't mind all the luxury and gold. The whole point of the blood elves when they were first introduced was that they were on the rise again, but on an unstable ladder made from the skeletons in their closet. As you go through Eversong Woods, half of the blood elves you meet are desperately trying to keep things together, while the other half are drunk on stolen or corrupt power.
>>
Reminder that it was WC3 that turned the Orcs into Dindus. And WC3 didn't even have a proper Alliance Campaign.
>>
>>50464150
Nah, it had nothing to do with her being pissed at Khadgar, it was because she insisted on handling the Orb of Domination herself once he was done with it, and then she went full Denethor.
You never go full Denethor.
>>
>>50476708

WC3 was fresh and it was handled well. Bullshit started seeping in in TFT but only in WotLK times it managed to completely take over.
>>
>>50472965
>Dwarves digging up the Tauren's ancestral land
>Dwarves trying to wipe out the Frostwolf Clan so they could dig up their Valley
>Humans trying to frame the Horde for a massacre they committed
>Kul Tiras still trying to continue their war with Durotar after getting smacked down
>>
>Pre-TBC Draenei
>Blood Elves
>Naga

They should have had the Forsaken hang out with the Illidari like one of the RPG books talked about. But nooo, we had to have two factions.
>>
>>50473050
I wish Blizzard would just release a "mount-less" mount for everyone, sort of like the monk handwraps being "weapon-less" weapons

I want to see my gnome sprinting across the landscape as fast as a horse
>>
>>50477600
Should have split it into 3 after WotLK, so that all races can join the undead.
>>
>>50475525
That's kinda it, though: I would have kept the habitable zone's visual design very close to the still wrecked zone, only briefly more cleaned up, at least on the streets. As soon as you enter a building, that's where the beauty shines where people try to make comfortable homes or try to relive luxuries of times gone by. Sure, maybe the administrative headquarters is a little more posh, maybe the mage's quarter or the noble holds are a bit less in disrepair, however overall I would have made sure that the capitol resembled the state of the blood elves: Badly battered and barely holding together as a society,but still doing so with ingenuity and tenacity while debauchery could be going on behind closed doors.
>>
>>50469710
>To this day I'm mad about Saurfang not being the orcish faction leader. He is literally the embodiment of the honorable orcish warrior concept.
He is now. Or at least entertaining him enough for him to pretend to be dead for you is required for achievement of beating Horde leaders.
>>
File: Public_Defender(49732).png (321KB, 400x543px) Image search: [Google]
Public_Defender(49732).png
321KB, 400x543px
>>50471394
Baine is also a professional defender.
Or at the least he makes superior defender than Tyrande makes prosecutor.
>>
>>50478172
>yfw your Father pretends to die only to go andown party with his "murderer" in The Nexus.
>>
File: 99iiSMf.jpg (35KB, 612x804px) Image search: [Google]
99iiSMf.jpg
35KB, 612x804px
>>50478892
>yfw you have no face
>>
>>50478172
I've yet to actually see him dead yet. He absolutely WRECKS people.
>>
>>50477600
Honestly think it should've been 4 from the getgo

Night Elves shouldn't have ever joined the Alliance, and the thought of a playable Scourge makes me so fucking hard
>>
>>50475491
>imagine how could a 5 expansion overarching story and characters could have been.

It would be disgusting. As some other Anon pointed out earlier, Blizzard is terrible at writing characters for an expansion's main/overarching storyline; to give a storyline/character focus, and make it last 5, or even 3 whole expansions, would cause such an escalation of power and "Epicness"(tm) that would make Dragon Ball seem tame in comparison.

For proof, look no further than WoD: Yrel began as a mining slave and, over the course of one year or so (which is what I assume the whole Draenor campaign lasted, give or take a couple of months), became a ridiculously powerful Paladin (she was 4-manning Blackhand in Talador with the help of Orgrim, Maraad, and the commander of the Horde/Alliance expedition forces before PLOT happened), an Exarch to the AU Draenei, and finally went to fight Archimonde with the help of a wise-cracking Super-Wizard, some muscle-bound mongoloid that was being tortured by a Legion torture expert a few hours ago, and a handful of murderhobos.
>>
>>50475491
I think it partially comes down to the leader vs. boss dichotomy
When an NPC is some smug prick dispensing edicts from on high, I don't give a single fuck, and usually hate them (see Sylvanas and Nathanos in Legion), but when it's some dude who's stuck in basically the same situation as me, but we have each other to work it out, it's cool as shit and they end up feeling like a huge bro (Nazgrim, Thisalee Crow, Reshad, etc.)

combined with the fact that Blizzard sucks ass at big picture stuff, the implications about a character you get from their 5 quests add up to a better story than anything they actually write on purpose
>>
>>50453144
I like to think having most of your race exterminated in the third war would be a humbling experience, doubly so when your enemy revitalizes the source of magic in your homeland.

Seriously though, you would think that after seeing the world get cracked in half during the sundering, elves would drop their haughty pride to face the greatest threat to the planet. But no, they'd rather watch it all burn because they won't shake hands with the dirty horde.
>>
>>50477538

>>Dwarves digging up the Tauren's ancestral land

Which actually got resolved diplomatically offscreen cause tauren are not raging morons.

>Dwarves trying to wipe out the Frostwolf Clan so they could dig up their Valley

They went there to dig, the frostwolves killed their first prospectors so they came back with an army. The fucking frostwolves themselves tell you this.

>Humans trying to frame the Horde for a massacre they committed

You fucking what? Framed?

>Kul Tiras still trying to continue their war with Durotar after getting smacked down

And thanks to quality blizzard writing they were completely right in the end.
>>
>>50480902

It is bad written because you still insist on the loop.

> Horde has quarrels but offer peace and to trade for wood. On the elves case, they just offered to help the Alliance.
> Alliance just undemine all that, and keeps pushing wars until Horde starts to do some nasty shit and them they can brag how the Horde is evil and warmong while they just could stop to being a ass
>>
>>50480902
>right in the end
That's called self fulfilling prophesy.
>>
File: Backroom_Bouncer_full.jpg (307KB, 1152x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Backroom_Bouncer_full.jpg
307KB, 1152x1474px
>>50480902
>Which actually got resolved diplomatically offscreen cause tauren are not raging morons.
My memory may be shaky, but [citation needed]
>>
>>50475491
even when Nazgrim dies it's a completely bro tier death
after leading us in 3 continents, he gets stuck with a hard choice. Stain his honor by betraying the warchief he's bound to serve and joining the revolutionaries, or side with a man attempting to rehabilitate an Old God's corpse. Seems like an easy choice, but he knows he's fucked no matter what. While he was chilling in Grizzly Hills, we were killing the Lich King. When he was still trying to knock the sea water from Vashj'ir out of his ears, we were killing Deathwing. So he knows that in the end he has no chance to kill us. From his point of view, there are three outcomes, all bad: Either he dies to an army of his former comrades, he dies to an Alliance raid that then desecrates Orgrimmar, or he defeats both raids and Y'shgarraj and the Blackrock Gestapo conquer Azeroth. So in this tough situation, he picks the best option, he grits his teeth and waits for you to come after him, and when we do, he puts up a damn good fight. Ensuring the Horde's next generation of champions are prepared to kill Malkorok and destroy the Wolfenstein lab under Orgimmar, then take out Garrosh

literally the most based orc who ever lived
>>
>>50477889
See, I think the blood elves at the start of TBC were kind of the opposite of that. They're not "battered but holding together", they're rapidly on the rise but coming apart at the seams. Among all the starting areas, Eversong Woods is probably the one in the most pressingly dire straits (not counting the Cataclysm starting areas, or Gnomeregan which is just plain FUBAR). It's very beautiful on the surface, but you don't have to look deep to find a huge amount of problems, most of them self-inflicted.
>>
>>50482047
I thought it was cheap when I found out that DKs could res him, but I soon got over it because I wanted my Nazgrimbro around. The only bad part is that you can't use him as a companion to chill with you on the Broken Isles.
>>
>>50482009
In the RPG Cairne worked it out or something but in the game the Dwarves got fucked by the Earth elements which is what the Tauren figured would happen.
>>
>>50482207
Nazgrim should have been in the Halls of Valor, but becoming a Horseman was the second best outcome
>>
>>50482047
"We hold that in any disaster, whether shipwreck, fire, or sword, a man must stand by his master when once he has given his word."

Nazgrim would be best orc if Saurfang didn't exist. He's a close second, though. Kept his honor to the end, despite being stuck with a no-win situation.
>>
>>50443577
Honestly, back in Wrath, I liked it when you found Jaina's locket and returned it to her, Arthas having held onto it despite being the Lich King
>>
>>50442979
>>50443019
Highmountain was probably one of my favorite locations. Ebonhorn is GOAT
>>
>>50458143
What exactly was Kosak responsible for? All corruption is Metzen as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>50465837
The light will protect me, the LIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>50481084

The horde literally never offered peace once. After the armistice and fighting together at the end of WC3 they are invading Ashenvale again.
>>
>>50482892
That was to shoehorn the Night Elves into joining the Alliance though. I don't think there was any valid reason for them to keep logging that shit anyways, other than maybe trying to draw the Nightmare Dragons out.
>>
>>50482826
>What exactly was Kosak responsible for? All corruption is Metzen as far as I'm concerned
Bringing Orcs from Warcraft 3 state back into Old Horde mentality from Warcraft 2.

He's basically responsible for all the bad development of Garrosh ever since MoP at the least.
>>
>>50482959
I thought that was in response to the community's unreasonable Hatred of Garrosh for not being Green Moses?
>>
>>50482928

It wasnt shoehorned, even in TFT the humans and elves were allied.

> I don't think there was any valid reason

The orc NPCs tell you. They love to fight and they want to conquer new territories for the horde.
>>
>>50482959
Honestly as much as people love to shit on bad writing I remember Garrosh being an incessant piece of shit back in Wrath during Trial of the Crusader. It's not as if the buildup was especially sudden or something, and his dad was like that just the same. He was basically getting continually more and more assmad from the moment he was brought back to Orgrimmar because he felt the orcs deserved better.

"Garrosh is shocked that Thrall would ever be that unreasonable. He becomes irritated at Krenna’s words and the more Garrosh reflects on them, the more he becomes increasingly frustrated and impatient. Garrosh becomes frustrated with Thrall’s lack of action against the Alliance and the Scourge; frustrated with having to divide the orcs’ resources and forces to deal with the problems of the other Horde races; frustrated to see the Scourge infect their food supplies with plague and rain death upon them while Thrall refuses to unleash the full might of the Horde. Garrosh is determined to preserve Orgrimmar and restore the orcs’ glory by any means necessary, even if he has to force Thrall’s hand to do so."
>>
>>50482892
Jaina, Thrall and Varian had a peace summit on Theramore. It was a idea from both Jaina and Thrall. They discussed the lumber issue.

The summit ended badly for stupid reasons (you can blame Varian autism, bad writters or both, they were actually the same thing) but is canon.

The main focus on ashenvale was to take lumber, the conflict was a consequence... But it was not exactly a real war.

Yes, for the NE that was a really big thing (or at least a in-game excuse to make NE join the Alliance) but for everyone else that was a thing that could be easily fixed with commerce and trade...
>>
>>50483011
Garrosh could still be a dick and remain a great character.

Someone that dosent tolerate bullshit or dishonor.

That scene on stonetalon was awsome, his "advice" to Sylvanas where he censor the necromancy is something that you would not expect from someone that mess with Old Gods shits... and also awsome.

And all these scenes were not planned by the main heads... It was just the guys from quests that had no clue that the long-term plan was making Garrosh some Hitler-like figure....

Thats why everyone love the low level zones lore, Kosak probably never touched that .. He was probably busy ruining Thrall and Deathwing characters...
>>
>>50483124
Wasn't that the summit Varian was going to when he got shipwrecked and disappeared until Wrath?
>>
>>50482959

> pretending Garrosh wasn't a trash character there to push faction faggotry from WotLK on

>>50482986

> It wasnt shoehorned, even in TFT the humans and elves were allied.

TFT also had the Blood Elves and Night Elves help each-other and end their team-up on good terms. How'd that work out?
>>
>>50482518
Nazgrim was a faithless coward and a fool hiding behind the notion of honour to absolve himself of r responsibility. He swore to garrosh because garrosh was strong, and nazgrim isn't willing to risk being on the loosing team.

Even at the end he fights us where either he wins, and so was right. Or dies and escapes the consequences. A true warchief does what is right for the Horde, not just what's right for the orcs. Nazgrim would have been lead down the same general path as garrosh by pro-orc advisers and leftovers from garrosh's reign
>>
>>50483294
There was another after Varian defeated Onyxia, they had a agreement and the Twilight Hammer attacked.

Varian blamed the Horde for the attack.
>>
>>50483368
>> pretending Garrosh wasn't a trash character there to push faction faggotry from WotLK on
I'm not. But Cata Garrosh wasn't going full Warcraft 2, but with technology and Old Gods instead of Demons, on us.
>>
>>50483369
Orcs (and all Horde on general) often blame their Warchiefs for any shit that happens like everyone does with any political leader... but it still is a big taboo to question the warchief inside the military chain of command...

Even Voljin was following orders without question until they tried to kill him.

Nazgrim was just a prouc and naive Orc...
>>
>>50483231
>Thats why everyone love the low level zones lore

Not the Alliance. For them it was all meme zones or trying to put everything back together after the Twilight Hammer/The Horde trashed everything.
>>
>>50483667

I'm still assmad about that one. All the beloved zones were turned into shitty CSI/Rambo references.

>>50483368

Pretty much nothing happened after. By the next time they interacted they were already firmly entrenched in their military alliances. Plus the WoW era blood elves becaume everything the night elves despise for historic reasons.
>>
>>50483369

> Even at the end he fights us where either he wins, and so was right. Or dies and escapes the consequences. A true warchief does what is right for the Horde, not just what's right for the orcs. Nazgrim would have been lead down the same general path as garrosh by pro-orc advisers and leftovers from garrosh's reign

Horde Dindu Nuffin poster found. Vol'jin and the other Horde leaders aided Garrosh in the war.
>>
>>50483631
>naive Orc
no need to be redundant
>>
>>50483783

Stop defending faction faggotry Kosak.
>>
>>50483927

This is one of the few times when its completely justified. Kael did an Azshara again and was busy sucking demon cock, of course the night elves who live on the other side of the planet anyway wont be rushing to ally them.
>>
>tfw think anduin's going to have a big role in legion
>all he does is sit on a throne while uncle greymane gets all the spotlight
lets just hope that when wrathion returns, anduin will be there with him
>>
>>50484529
Let's just hope when Wrathion returns, he gets slapped by Ebonhorn
>>
How would you have developed the timeline after warcraft 3?
>>
>>50485242

The horde is not a bunch of dindo faggots.No time travel. No alternative timelines, No alternative universes. No chronicles. Keep the vanilla tone of loosely cooperating alliances instead of RvB superpowers and chosen ones saving the world. Less linear and more decentralized expansion packs and storylines with more minor joinable factions.
>>
>>50485313
Would you people that call the Horde "dindu" be satisfied if the factions weren't put into the game and different races had loose alliances with each other?
>>
>>50485242
Well, if I limit myself to ONE big change per expansion...

>Vanilla: No Ashenvale wars, Tauren negotiated a deal instead, so now we have neutral NElves
>BC: Alliance Arakkoa and Horde Ogres instead of BElves and Draenei
>Wrath: Sylvanas' jump off ICC sticks and she stays dead, probably Nathanos takes over or something I dunno.
>Cata: New Factions apppear - Scourge trying to recover from Northrend and Illidari recovered enough from losses at the Black Temple
>Mists: Alliance Mogu, Horde Pandaren, Illidari Hozen, and I dunno Scourge could get a killed-off Jinyu tribe? I frankly have no idea.
>WoD: Since it still has to happen, add all the cut content back in I guess?
>Legion: #BaineforWarchief2K16

But then I'm no MMO designer.
>>
>>50484217

>This is one of the few times when its completely justified.

Sure it is Kosak.

>Kael did an Azshara again and was busy sucking demon cock

He's dead and his own subjects turned on him. The Blood Elves stopped being demoney complete with getting another Sunwell.

>of course the night elves who live on the other side of the planet anyway wont be rushing to ally them.

Doesn't go to them being ridiculously hostile to each-other as required by WoW's faction system.
>>
>>50485505
Vanilla: No factions. All races are "factions" and have loose alliances with each other. Tauren are allied with Orcs, Darkspear Trolls, and Night Elves for example. These alliances are tested in different storylines and zones.
BC: Illidan gives us help to kill Kael'thas, then leaves to some Legion world. We aren't sure if we are to view him as a hero or villian. Also give him less edgy dialogue.
Wrath: -Sylvanas' jump off ICC sticks and she stays dead- this, and some badass apothecary like Putress takes over. The Scourge has more of a presence across Northrend and Arthas is more intimidating. Jaina pleads with the Argent Crusade not to kill Arthas, he still has good inside. Arthas impales her with Frostmourne. The scene atop the Frozen Throne stays the same.
Cata: Make Dragon Soul not shit
Mists: No Garrosh villain (the Horde is orcs only). Based Lei Shen is the final boss
WoD: delete it (except garrisons are fun, as long as they are optional)
Legion: There wouldn't be faction leaders to kill off, but they could still kill off some race leaders. Also don't make Illidan the Chosen One savior edgelord. And stop overusing Khadgar.
>>
>>50483899
Why must everything turn into a /pol/ meme? Is it just the Warcraft playerbase is more susceptible to this Dindu shit than the rest of /tg/
>>
>>50485692
>Jaina dies in Wrath

Ow.

Also, how is Legion going to happen without WoD Gul'dan?
>>
Are Serpentrix and Megaera the same tyep of creature?
>>
what is the history behind shalamayne?
why is varian able to switch between arms and fury lol?
how and why did he split in two when he was on kalimdor?
is he still able to do that?
what would happen if one of his sides died?
how did he merge back into himself?
is him splitting related to mirror images of blademasters?

what the fuck is this lore blizzard?
>>
>>50486258
Pretty sure that Varian splitting in two was due to fuckery on Onyxia's part and not voluntary. Something about one half (the one that was made a gladiator) getting all his aggression and drive and the other half being a pussy she'd be able to manipulate.

But then, I only read the first few issues of that comic and got the rest from the wiki.
>>
>>50485242

Saved this:

>The Scourge and Legion mow over the Eastern Kingdoms besides Stormwind, Kul'tiras, and Ironforge.
>Stormwind, Kul'tiras, and Ironforge build a new Alliance in the wake of the North's fall. Theramore burns its bridges with them after Admiral Proudmoore's death. They write off Kalimdor for now and instead focus on warring in the north and searching for allies
>Calia is Varian's wife and Anduin's mother
>Illidan dies and stays dead from Arthas.
>Dalaran gets wrecked with Kael'thas as the last Kirin Tor.
>The Scourge mows over Quel'Thalas. All leftover High Elves in the East go Blood Elf. Lor'themar and his troops go around keeping out the Scourge and Forsaken from the capital.
>The Scourge and Legion invade the South of the Eastern Kingdoms. They are beaten by the armies of the Alliance of Stormwind with secret help from the Red and Black Dragonflights.
>The Blood Elves and Naga go around the Nether fighting the southern kingdoms of the East, Scourge, and Outland citizens. Since Illidan died in Northrend Kael, Lady Vashj and Akama lead the Illidari. With the power of fel magic, they set their sights for worlds: Outland, Azeroth... and maybe more. The Mag'har Orcs have been slaughtered or enslaved. Gronn, Magnaron and Ogres are also slaves of the Illidari. But before Azeroth can get conquered, the Illidari have to defeat the Genesaurs, Ancients, Botani, Podlings, and Fara of Outland.
> In Theramore Jaina Proudmoore founded a library of the arcane. Kul'Tiras lists Jaina as a traitor since she repeatedly supported the Horde.
>>
>>50486500
Why would the black dragons help the alliance?
What happens to *GARROSH, SON OF GROM*?
What do the nelfs do? Chill in their forests?
What about Maiev?
>>
>>50486500
Isn't Caila a LOT younger than Varian? Also wouldn't that make Anduin the rightful heir of Stormwind AND Lordaeron?

Also why ya gotta axe the Kirin Tor?
>>
>>50486844
Nah, Varian and Arthas were about the same age, and Calia was older than Arthas.
>>
>>50486907
Oh, right, he was already 10 during the First War. Not sure why I always thought he was older than that.
>>
>>50486500
>Calia is Varian's wife and Anduin's mother
Delete this. Kind of completely reshapes the dynamic between Varian and Anduin if his mom is still alive.
>>
>>50486500

Continued:

>The Forsaken Kingdom allies with the Illidari. While The Forsaken Kingdom rallied around Sylvanas, it's also ruled over by a council of Undead Nobles who work to keep Lordaeron's sovereignty. They go to war against the Scourge, Legion, and New Alliance (who don't count the dead as citizens and also seek some real estate)
>Orgrimmar is the capital for both the Orcs and those Tauren who allied with the Orcs.
>The Night Elves open to trade and aid in battle against shared enemies like the Naga, but join neither Theramore or the Horde.
>The Dwarves of Ironforge see the carnage up north as a golden opportunity to go beyond being the sidekicks of Humanity. They forge an alliance with the Gnomes and work to unite the clans.
>Vol'jin works to build a new Troll Empire in the west, facing the Farraki, Aqir, and Quillboar
>Arthas is just a piece of the new Lich King. The Lich King focuses on rebuilding after Illidan's invasion and fending off the Legion leftovers in the north. The Forsaken are ignored for now.
>>
>>50485754
All they had to do was have Kil'jaeden manipulate someone on Azeroth to open the portal at the Tomb. It sets up Kil'jaeden as the boss of Legion better. He'd say "Archimonde failed x years ago, now it's my turn". He'd probably command Xavius to take out or at least distract Malfurion since he's the reason Archimonde lost in the first place.

It wouldn't be hard to set up a strong warlock character in the previous expansion, maybe even an ally to the player, that Kil'jaeden manipulates to open the Tomb.

WoD wasn't all bad, but time travel is cancer
>>
>>50486732

>Why would the black dragons help the alliance?

To get rid of the Legion and their Undead goons.

>What happens to *GARROSH, SON OF GROM*?

Either isn't born or leads a rebellion against the Illidari.

>What do the nelfs do? Chill in their forests?

They're opening themselves more to the world around them and its changes. They still follow traditions like gender roles.

>What about Maiev?

> Is lost after hearing of Illidan's death

> Also why ya gotta axe the Kirin Tor?

To fit better with what we see in TFT. Having Dalaran being up and running so soon after WC3 shouldn't happen.

>>50487534

>Delete this. Kind of completely reshapes the dynamic between Varian and Anduin if his mom is still alive.

Eh, she's dead in this Azeroth.
>>
>>50484217
Night Elves were sabotaging Blood Elven buildings even before they could learn a thing about Kael'Thas aligning with Legion.
>>
>>50487977

They knew about the blood elves being demon sucking edgelords far before that. You dont remember the blood elves in Azshara?
>>
>>50485895
for some reason, Blizzard got it into their head in Pandaria that boss hydras should be stationary necks without a body
they redesigned Aku'mai into that too
>>
>>50486844
>>50486907
characters that were active before WoW always seem older than later introduced characters. See Garrosh being the same age as Thrall or slightly older, but acting like a fucking 17 year old when we first see him
>>
>>50488705
Well, he was technically in quarantine for his entire life.
>>
>>50485715
it's just one guy shitposting to get the thread deleted. Report and ignore

>>50483369
Nazgrim knew he'd be on the losing side. He joined to protect Orgrimmar from the Alliance and to ensure that Horde heroes would be strong enough to face down Garrosh
>>
>>50489323

> He joined to protect Orgrimmar from the Alliance

Like the Alliance was uncucked enough to torch Orgrimmar. They're such cucks they'll help their enemies in a civil war without working to weaken them while doing it.
>>
>>50489455
Kek, would've been funny if Tyrande or Genn sent a squad of their soldiers to raze the valley of spirits during all the chaos
>>
>>50489455

>the great "fist pumping moment" of the alliance was varian going "uuuhhh play nice kids" in the face of a passive agressive voljin before leaving the occupied capital of the enemy
>no grievances ever gets adressed, ashenwale, gilneas, southshore, swamp of sorrows, water under the bringe man
>jaina is portayed as an ebul insane meanie poopy head for trying to get vengeance for Theramore
>even when civilians from Theramore were tortured to death and used as archery practice RIGHT IN THAT FUCKING INSTANCE
>hope you guys are ready for an entire expansion of orc dick sucking if SoO wasnt enough!

hope metzen and kosak choke to death on a green dick
>>
More Turalyon when?

I want him and Khadgar to hug when they reunite.
>>
>>50489671

Watch him becoming a stale, bland fortehlight paladin taking about muh pees and cooperation instead of acting like the supreme commander of the alliance.
>>
>>50485895
Doubtful.
Megaera is actually a Cloud Serpent mutated by Lei Shen.
>>
>>50489671
Never, with the way that Blizz is building up the players as uber super soldiers he's gonna be killed off screen and we'll use his death as a rallying cry.
>>
>>50447529
>I am pretty sure that Botani are also Titan creation.
Botani are just elves that didn't have the titan soul to commune with.
>Evolve from trolls do to arcane wells/ evolve from plant primals do to apexis
>Earliest forms are centaur like and lead them based on connection to a higher plant spirit/emerald dream
>Appose to machinery and mechanization
>>
File: stromgarde ruins.jpg (71KB, 928x546px) Image search: [Google]
stromgarde ruins.jpg
71KB, 928x546px
Why does no one care about this kingdom and its country? It's literally one of the comfiest zones, and it'd be a fucking port city and a prime connection to Lordaeron.

You'd think the Alliance would be jumping all over the chance to seize it fully.
>>
File: alterac.jpg (211KB, 1600x1144px) Image search: [Google]
alterac.jpg
211KB, 1600x1144px
>>50493276
Alterac > stromgarde.
>>
>>50493306

no one in the alliance ever gave 2 shits about alterac
>>
>>50486258
bump
>>
>>50493276
but anon, The Ebon Blade cares deeply about their loyal fiefdom. They just can't care a lot because the only citizen left is also the king
>>
>>50493335

it's actually funny because factions like the ebon blade are going to exhausted when Legion ends, while the actual Alliance and Horde are sitting in the back and biding their time

in the coming expansion, I expect the Ebon Blade to become completely irrelevant, making Stromgarde prime pickings for Danath's return (which ties into Turalyon coming back and more spotlight on Khadgar)
>>
>>50493313
which is why it's the best.
>>
>>50493346
>after the greatest war Azeroth has ever seen, I expect a group of necromancers to become irrelevant
keep hoping meatbag
>>
>>50483631
So like any military?
>>
>>50483631
>Even Voljin was following orders without question
Yeah he just said that he will stab Garrosh right after Thrall said that he will be new warchief
>>
>>50493346
you can make an argument for some factions. But the Ebon Blade can only grow. The only way for them to even lose men at this point is to annihilate an entire force of them before anyone can retreat
>>
>>50495748
>But the Ebon Blade can only grow
Yeah especially when Silver Hand, Alliance and Horde starts wondering eho the fuck attacked them during the war against Legion.
>>
>>50495765
the Ebon Blade actually hasn't done anything to the Alliance yet, and their attack on Light's Hope was squared out by Mograine making a cool Ashbringer skin (no really). It's only Sylvanas that has beef, and she will kneel before the One True King
>>
>>50493313
>No one cared about Alterac
>What is Stromgarde and Gilneas wrestling to annex after second war
>What is giving Daval Prestor a.k.a. deathwing receiving major renown amongst the nations by elevating him Lord Protector of Alterac
>What is Lordaeron increasing their already vast property by claiming protectorate ownership by the third war

Alterac has always been a cake that every other nation wanted for themselves for mining rights.
>>
Guess character by his quote without Google.

The heroes have made it to the glorious finale!
>>
File: fucking do it varian.jpg (86KB, 589x758px) Image search: [Google]
fucking do it varian.jpg
86KB, 589x758px
Just to remind you all.
>>
>>50496629
Brokenmechanicslord Tyrannus
>>
Lore question, does Wrathion and Ebonhorn are last of Black Dragons or Black Dragons in Blde's Edge Mountains are still alive?
>>
>>50496817
Sabellion is still alive, but he doesn't seem to have any interest in anything but chilling outside the arena
all the other black dragons in Outland got merked by based Gruul
>>
>>50496865
>by based Gruul
Ogre\s cocksucker pls.
Also, there were stiill a lot of eggs in Burning Crusade and since none killed them in the fluff...
ALso, let's not forget about Netherdrakes,
>>
So, why hasn't there been a mass influx of refugees from Outland, given that it's mostly hellscape and there's been a giant portal open for years now? There's been a few hints of Outlands people making the move here and there, like some arrakoa seemingly living in Gadgetzan in the latest HS expansion, but not the massive exodus from a shattered world-corpse with no future that you'd expect.
>>
>>50496900
all the unhatched eggs are either dead or nethered
the nether drakes don't really like the black dragons

>>50496919
Cataclysm tried to represent this with the Mag'har joining the Horde, but it was done poorly and not reciprocated for the Alliance or neutral races. Also the portal to Draenor overwrote the portal to Outland so they're trapped there now
>>
>>50496961
>all the unhatched eggs are either dead or nethered
>source: my ass
>>
>>50486258
Shalamayne was originally two magical swords when the split Varians were fighting Onyxia in their final confrontation she cast some shit at badass Varian, pussy Varian grew a spine for a few seconds and tried to jump in front of it. The blast hit both of them and ended up fusing them together again. A side effect of it was that their swords fusing into one as well
>>
>>50497037
if they aren't dead then why haven't they watched yet?
checkmate atheists
>>
>>50497061
>if they aren't dead then why haven't they watched yet?
Because Blizz doesn't want to touch Outland.
Also more likely just like Nefarion Sabellion aren't bad guy.
>>
File: 1474222931355.jpg (434KB, 1103x696px) Image search: [Google]
1474222931355.jpg
434KB, 1103x696px
Just popping in to say FORSAKEN PRIDE WORLDWIDE
>>
File: One_Night_in_Karazhan_trailer2.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
One_Night_in_Karazhan_trailer2.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
So, what is the actual canon for what Karazhan was like? Originally the canon version was the one in The Last Guardian, with Medivh living by himself with two servants and then Khadgar, but then TBC came along and now it's this massive place with a whole town around its base and stables and tons of servants, and a feasting hall and lots of artwork and a theater and lavish guest bedrooms and all sorts of things, like it was a massive center for culture or something. I'd almost say the fantastical party palace Karazhan from Hearthstone is more believable as having been canon.

Also,
>quest through a towerful of wizard shenanigans to save tonight's party from a demon who's mad he didn't get invited
>retrieve an ancient artifact in a fantasy indiana jones adventure, then save it from a master thief who's a magical energy being from another dimension
>choose sides in a gang war between thuggish gun runners (with paladins), mad alchemist wizard priests and golem-summoning ninjas in a grimy magical steampunk goblin city

Why has hearthstone been a much better inspiration for tabletop RPG than the rest of the warcraft franchise has been, lately?
>>
File: Ben Brode laughing3.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ben Brode laughing3.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>50497738
>Why has hearthstone been a much better inspiration for tabletop RPG than the rest of the warcraft franchise has been, lately?
because Ben "HAHAHAHAHAHA" Brode is a better ideas guy than game designer?
>>
>>50496817
>>50496865
Sabellian, eggs, and whelps are a-ok.
Other older Black Dragons in BEM went to Azeroth during Cataclysm.
Black Dragonflight still have a massive shortage of females in breeding age, especially since BEM ones went to Azeroth to get killed in service of Neltharion.
>>
File: Ragnaros,_Lightlord_full.jpg (182KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnaros,_Lightlord_full.jpg
182KB, 1024x1365px
>>50497738
>Why has hearthstone been a much better inspiration for tabletop RPG than the rest of the warcraft franchise has been, lately?
Because they don't care about being Epic (TM), but about having fun, even when it came to Whispers of the Old Gods, with corruption getting rampant, they made Rangaros the Lightlord, with reasoning as:
>What happens when you try and corrupt a corrupted firelord? DOUBLE NEGATIVE, INSECT!
>We knew we wanted to flip a lot of characters from good to evil in this expansion. We also knew that Ragnaros (once enslaved by the Old Gods) could be fun to see flip in the same way. The problem is, Ragnaros is already a terribly evil Elemental Lord. So we went the other way with it and explored what he might look like if he were “uncorrupted”. Paladins in general are the one bastion of hope in Whispers of the Old Gods, with many of their cards themed around standing against the oncoming darkness. Having Ragnaros lead the charge against his former masters seemed like it could be pretty awesome. Hence, Ragnaros, the Lightlord!
>In the alternate reality into which Whispers of the Old Gods provides a glimpse, all four Old Gods are awake (and alive), and have been unleashed upon Azeroth.
>While this has corrupted many of the world's inhabitants, others such as Ragnaros have been inspired by this cataclysm to forsake his evil ways, rising to stand and fight against the ancient horrors.

LIVE, INSECT!
>>
>>50497732
>FORSAKEN PRIDE WORLDWIDE
Daily remonder.
Only 1 live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTtSlQfSsQY
>>
>>50497806
>Black Dragonflight still have a massive shortage of females in breeding age, especially since BEM ones went to Azeroth to get killed in service of Neltharion.
You mean Synestra?
>>
>>50497904
I love Ragnaros lightlord.
>>
>>50483631
What's the point of a military if everyone who disagrees with his superior can express it and rebel? It would be an undisciplined mess.
>>
>>50497738
I laughed my ass off at the Hearthstone references in the new Karazhan dungeon
>>
File: Wrathion_full.jpg (82KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Wrathion_full.jpg
82KB, 750x1000px
>>50497975
No, I mean Obsidia. She were the last.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Obsidia
Also, Kosak decided to make Nyxondra (mother of Wrathion) into daughter of Deathwing and sister of Onyxia. http://wow.gamepedia.com/Nyxondra
Also, I do wonder if Serinar died or still lives. There is no quest to kill him, and it's obvious that Wrathion knew nothing of survival of Ebonhorn or Sabellian, so Serinar, sitting in Obsidian Dragonshrine should be hidden from Wrathion's sight.

>Wrathion, son of Deathwing, is a dragon. Why isn't he tagged as a dragon, you ask? WHAT, ARE YOU TRYING TO BLOW HIS COVER??
>>
File: 1458424413960.png (702KB, 642x918px) Image search: [Google]
1458424413960.png
702KB, 642x918px
>>50446434
>>
File: One Night In Karazhan.png (293KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
One Night In Karazhan.png
293KB, 500x365px
>>50498060
Please, tell us more.
>>
>>50498628
after you beat the Opera event, there are trash mobs called "Medivas" that cast two spells. Firelands Portal, which does 555,555 damage in an AoE and summons a trash mob from the Firelands raid (literally directly from the raid, they're all level 87 elites that die to the first cleave or AoE to hit them), and Purify, which removes magic debuffs from one of their allies and places a debuff called "drew a card" on the caster
>>
>>50473234
Sylvanas has her own gulag.
>>
File: Blackrock_banner_in_wc3.jpg (125KB, 307x555px) Image search: [Google]
Blackrock_banner_in_wc3.jpg
125KB, 307x555px
>>50497732
Not my Warchief.
>>
>>50498975
Looking back, I'm extremely confused for this design choice to include the Blackrock Banner in the campaign screen.

I mean, here's the thing: Normally, you would pick something related to the protagonist force you're playing, right? But the Blackrocks are repeatedly shown to be antagonists, and not even major ones but rather sideplot mooks.

So why is the Blackrock Banner raised high and in clear view?

Sure, it may be a nod to the people who played Warcraft 2 where the Blackrock-Banner was more prominent and synonymous with Horde design, but to me even then it was such a minor detail that I'm not sure that people really got the reference to begin with.
>>
>>50499205
>So why is the Blackrock Banner raised high and in clear view?
Because Horde was restored by Blackrock clan.
>>
>>50499205

Causue its a multifaceted recall to the past both of the orcs and players. It can be taken as a symbol of past glories, it can be taken as something you want to leave behind. It can be taken as something thats not relevant anymore but its so integral part of you it shows up, it can be taken as a nice nostalgia moment for WC 1-2.

Its open to interpretation and it was design genius to include it like that, without any explanation.
>>
>>50461639
>Flying at well over 310% with muh crusader and muh lighas
>Suddenly hear banshee wails and an evil reverb voice "STOP! IN THE NAME OF THE ONE TRUE KING!"
>Press the gas pedal on my rocket as muh lighas throw holy bolts at the fucking rotter

Fuckin' rotters.
>>
>>50497738
Karazhan wasn't just Medivh's home, it was the home of centuries of Guardians before him. A lot of the stuff was probably built for them.
>>
>>50497904
>We'll never get into HS world
Ragnaros the LightLord leading from light's hope chapel using Lightfury hand of Ragnaros and Lightflame shield bastion of Hope
The Lich Commissioner and his legion of death police
>>
>>50496817
>>50496865

I have a slight suspicion that Wrathion isn't going to be too happy about not being the only uncorrupted black dragon on Azeroth anymore.

I really hope Ebonhorn whoops his ass a little bit, and if fucking Sabellian showed up that would be fucking based.
>>
File: 1475611920730.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475611920730.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>>50500086
>it was the home of centuries of Guardians before him
Deadwind Pass was made by Sataiel using Ulthalesh, Karazhan was built, but not really used, by Aegwynn. Medivh moved in later.
>>
>>50487999
Idk, that was some 10k years ago. Humans though, wasnt there a medivh guy that was literally the greatest demon ever. Some kirin tor faction that learned directly from the blood elves and end up spreading the plague, and summoned archimonde. Yeah no humans dindu nuffin, NEs dance on a mail box in stormwind all day for them, 0 warlocks there.
>>
>>50500487

Did you just have a stroke typing that out? Thats some word salad shit.

Also, no. There are blood elves doing demonic stuff in Azshara in vanilla.
>>
>>50500400
>Ebonhorn not giving him a comforting pat on the back while he drinks his sorrows away and telling him he'll get better at this sort of thing when he's older
>Sabellian not smacking him across the face for being an idiot

>no Black Dragon Adventures with Ebyssian the optimist, Sabellian the realist, and Wrathion the pessimist
>>
>>50500599
Im on a phone, quality be damned

>Vanilla
You mean lighter skinned night elves in a mostly irrelevant, incomplete zone?

Also thats beside the point. Alliance has their own warlocks and mages, some of them caused way more damage to the night elves than the blood elves or their ancestors ever did. Reminder that the highbornes that were exiled had nothing to do with queen azshara's plans and fought the demons themselves. Yet night elves have no problem sucking human, gnome, and dog dicks.
>>
>>50500882

>moving goalposts this hard
>>
>new achieve for Sulthraze

THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A TROLL RAID

but for reals though it'd be nest if they showed us more of Zandalar
>>
new thread
>>50502344
>>50502344
>>50502344
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.