[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 34

File: download (1).jpg (113KB, 827x456px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
113KB, 827x456px
"Sigmar forge golden booty" edition

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Link to old thread:
>>50402003
>>
File: Nurgle.jpg (29KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle.jpg
29KB, 500x545px
>>50436351
First for Nurgle!
>>
File: lord_kroak_lrf_by_luches-d9jrj40.jpg (243KB, 1083x737px) Image search: [Google]
lord_kroak_lrf_by_luches-d9jrj40.jpg
243KB, 1083x737px
2nd for lord of the keks
>>
Female stormcast eternals confirmed
https://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/black-library-live-coming-soon-age-of-sigmar/#_=_
>>
>>50436578

I thought they always existed?
>>
Have they killed off the goblins?
>>
>>50436578
BOOBPLATE ETERNALS WHEN
>>
>>50436601
Nah, they are just Grots (normal goblins), Moonclan Grots (Night Goblins), and Grots (Gnoblars dont even rate a new name i guess... and i liked them the best...).
Rumor has it SKY PIRATE GROTS could be in the works, aka that thing I spend all my money on.
>>
>>50436598
They have, but they were only really ever mentioned vaguely. Hopefully we will get more of a taste into them.
>>
I don't like painting same models or gluing another 16 dryads together which took me days... what should I get after my starting box? I really like the kurnoth hunters with bows. a solid addition to building a sylvaneth army?
>>
>>50436696

Am I the only that thinks an all female chamber would be fucking cool?

I doubt it will happen because they're intermingled with the existing chambers but still.
>>
>>50436691
Reckon I've got any chance of them releasing a start collecting Moonclan Grots box in the future?
>>
>>50436716

Kurnoth hunters are a great addition anon. Any weapon option kicks ass.
>>
File: AoS-Battleforce-Boxes.jpg (104KB, 768x897px) Image search: [Google]
AoS-Battleforce-Boxes.jpg
104KB, 768x897px
>>50436716
If you have $165 USD you should wait for the new Battleforce boxes that are coming out soon, they are insane value
>>
>>50436753
because currently I only have the treelord ancient as anyone with a shooting capability. I play tested my army along with 3 kurnoth hunters from a friend and I completely annihilated a stormcast army. both of us were noobs though. but I realllyyy enjoyed this army and how it functions.
>>
>>50436775
when is this coming out?
>>
>>50436748
To be honest, no.
Unless they hit the faction with a battletome, no chance of start collecting.
But when they get one, they will get some new models... hot air ballon pirate ship, with DOOM DIVER GROT CANNONS, and PIRATE HATS....
I just came.
>>
>>50436871
Probably sometime early december
>>
>>50436872
It's a shame, I quite want to get some AoS stuff to try it all out, but I'm not really crazy about any of the new boxes they have. What I'd like is either some updated Elves or Goblins.
>>
anyone got the sylvaneth dice? they look swag
>>
>>50437068
well, it would not be too hard to ebay some used night goblins if you wanted some for cheap.
Also, two words:
MANGLER SQUIG.
They just rape, and the model isnt going out of style anytime soon.
If you want elves (i'm not using aelfs, because thats fucking stupid) join the que.... everyone seems to be waiting on them, and the only two realms they havent explored yet are the two realms of the Not High Elves and Not Dark Elves
>>
What warscroll would Duncan "Thin your paints" Rhodes have?
>>
>>50437235
Yeah I mean they're still selling the old models on GW but just feel like I want something new... Or more I don't want to buy some then they release new models for them. I dunno.

But yeah, waiting on Not High Elves to come out really, and hopefully they don't look shit.
>>
>>50437247
after that workout video, he will wound on a 6+, at most.
Bravery 10 (for showing his scrawny arms on the interwebs for ridicule, forever)
>>
>>50437271
besides one or two fyreslayers models, the new stuff from AoS was looked pretty good. I think GW knows the pressure is on for Elves, and isnt going to let the intern just fuck around on CAD for them.
>>
>>50436775
165 usd for this box is insane. its almost %75 of the stuff for free.
>>
>>50437385
> 75%!!!1!! OFF
alright easy there red shirt. Its all hovering around the mid to high 40s.
>>
File: 1463664312420.jpg (348KB, 1000x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1463664312420.jpg
348KB, 1000x1163px
>>50436351
Skaven 1000 points

Skaven Walord -100
Warlock Engineer -100
Clanrats x 40 -240
Clanrats x 40 -240
Warpfire Thrower -60
Warpfire Thrower -60
Poison Wind Thrower -60
Poison Wind Thrower -60
Ratling Gun Engine Team -80

Take the Lord of War trait to boost my hordes or ratling gun when I need it, and Crown of Chaos to keep my rats from fleeing en mass. Should be able to tarpit nd spear down anythong I need to while my mortal wound engines get in optimal range.

Opinions?
>>
>>50437401
Kurnoth Hunters - $58 x2
Tree Revenants - $37 x2
Treelord - $61
Drycha - $60

Total: $311
Savings: 47% off retail price
>>
>>50437401
Stormcast is a little better value

Celestant Prime - $80
Knight Azyros - $40
Liberators - $50 x2
Paladins - $58
Dracoth Guard - $65

Total: $343
Savings: 52% off retail
>>
>>50436871
3rd of December
>>
I really love Stormcast. Any idea when the next chamber will be unlocked?
>>
Can someone give a quick run down on what battletomes and warscrolls are about?
>>
>>50438936
If you played 40k, this will be easy.

A battletome is a codex
A warscroll is a data slate or unit entry
A battalion is a formation
A battleplan is a scenario/mission
The general's handbook is the rulebook, that just also happens to have all the points for everything in one handy tome
>>
>>50438980
So you don't actually need battletome's since you have the handbook?
>>
>>50439038
pretty much. The only battletome that i would say is a must for their army at the moment is the sylvaneth.
>>
>>50439038
The battletomes provide the warscrolls (which are available for free on the website and app), but also the battalions, which are not for free (paid for on the app). The newer battletomes also include alegiance abilities, which are like army special rules.

The handbook just provides points for everything, not rules for battalions.
>>
>>50438936
Warscrolls are the rules for your model. They tell you everything you need to know about how that model works in a single page. These can be found free in the AOS phone app or on the GW website.

Battalions are groups of models together in specific arrangemenets that give special bonuses. You can find them in various published books, or you can buy them in the AOS app.

Battletomes are a collection of warscrolls, Battalions, fluff, and special battle scenarios for a specific faction.

Recent battletomes (Sylvaneth, Bonesplitterz, Beastclaw Raiders) also include Allegiance bonuses for playing only models in that faction, like special abilities for your general, artifacts for heroes, and spells for your wizards.

Battletomes are only useful if you want to double down on playing a single faction. They are not a mandatory purchase like a Warhammer 40,000 Codex.
>>
I am confused about the novels. Is there an order to read them in?
>>
File: CiwpLeTWEAEeBBD.jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CiwpLeTWEAEeBBD.jpg
104KB, 600x600px
>>50439444
>>
File: wink.gif (496KB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
wink.gif
496KB, 500x204px
>>50439603
You, I like you.
>>
>>50439091
Beastclaw Raiders and Bonesplitterz, too. Other than that you are absolutly right, though.
>>
>>50439651
I'm glad they've put out more battletomes to that level though. Sylvaneth seemed like the level of choice that AOS needs.
>>
>>50439091
why are the other tomes useless?
>>
>>50439742
Not entirely useless.They're nice books, and include all the battalions. Just sylvaneth (and possibly a few others) have shit like new spells and artifacts for that faction.
>>
>>50439786
sylvaneth, beastclaw raiders, and bonesplitters have the additional alegiance abilities and artefacts and stuff in addition to the battalions
>>
>>50438464
A while ago there was a rumor about Stormcast Wizards, but that might well have been the Lord-Veritant.
Otherwise, so far we had *some* form of Stormcast release about every half year or so, so maybe 1st or 2nd quarter 2017?
>>
>>50439444

No, they can go in the bin in any order you choose.
>>
since I have the start collecting sylvaneth I am thinking of going gnarloot wargrove.

I can build the household battalion but I have the treelord ancient and not treelord. can I still build this battalion as the wargrove's rule says it must be an ancient and not treelord?

if so I think this wargrove would be the quickest/cheapest one for me to build with just getting revenants.
>>
>>50439705
Considering how in love /aosg/ was with the Sylvaneth battletome when it was released, that was probably the right call.
>>
>>50440003
Na, its gotta be a treelord. I think theres another that allows an ancient instead of the normal one? I'll look it up for now. Just use him as an common garden Treelord, only spergs will care that hes made up as an ancient.
>>
>>50440103
the cover and art inside and quality is just so beautiful to pass
>>
>>50440129
>A Gnarlroot Wargrove must contain the following:
• 1 Household battalion
(must contain Treelord Ancient instead of Treelord)

so what's this mean?
>>
>>50440162
That's the one i was looking for. it means to use the gnarlroot wargove, you have to take a household battalion, but instead of a treelord in it, its gotta be a treelord ancient. They're swapped out in this special case.
>>
>>50440199
yeah so since I got the ancient and a branychwitch I only need a revenant unit to build this wargrove yes? plus my dryads from the box.
>>
>>50440220
Yes, you could run that and get your order wizard without giving up your sylvaneth allegiance.
>>
File: beastman-charge.jpg (94KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
beastman-charge.jpg
94KB, 873x627px
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a little something about my dudes in AoS.
Haven't shared a link like this in a while, so tell me if it's not working.
>>
>>50440253
what would u recommend for the order wizard?
>>
>>50440367
Personally i'm thinking of taking Sisters of the thorn. Mostly because i love the models. but their buff on Dryads could be nice.
>>
>>50440435
I got a Spellweaver from the Wood Elves so I guess I can use that and it would fit more or less.

And I don't understand what is a battleline?
>>
>>50440453
Battleline is your "core" choices. Like in 8th or your 2 troops in 40k. Some units have "battleline" in their profile in the generals hand book where the points costs are. In AOS matched play you've got to take the minimum battleline units shown. i think 1000 points is 2.
>>
>>50440435
Sisters are fucking brutal with Dryads. A buffed dryad unit in cover save with a rerollable 3+ and every 4+ is a mortal wound against the attacker. Also the -1 to hit.
>>
>>50440507
can you field a "unit" of Order Wizard or just 1 wizard model?
>>
>>50440332
Nice work put in there friend!
>>
>>50440555
Thanks.
Nice trips by the way.

Also, English isn't my first language, so please disregard any grammatical errors that you may find.
>>
>>50440547
If they come in a unit then you can field it. Sisters of the thorn are a unit that counts as a wizard. You could take a wizard on griphon or the elf wizard on a dragon too. If the warscoll has a magic bit to it and they're order, you can take it. But it can only be one thing. be it hero, monster or warmachine.
>>
>>50440453
Sylvaneth gain a lot from staying pure. Making all your summoned Wildwoods free rather than 40 points each is a big deal. Plus you get access to the Sylvaneth specific allegiance stuff and battleline revenants.
>>
File: r7uPi3P.jpg (285KB, 2305x1034px) Image search: [Google]
r7uPi3P.jpg
285KB, 2305x1034px
>>50436664
Yes please
>>
>>50440672
yeah but you can get one order wizard in the wargrove we are talking about anon read the posts.

>>50440664
thanks man! I think I will go with the sisters too for sure. so beautiful models and very thematic for the sylvaneth army.
>>
>>50440777
So? You'd get the battalion bonuses but I believe you'd still lose Sylvaneth allegiance since every model in your army is no longer Sylvaneth.
>>
>>50440872
Nope. If a Battalion has a keyword every unit inside it count as part of the allegiance.
>>
>>50440949
Good to know.
>>
>>50436664
>>50440765
I've said in the last thread, we just need a 3rd party bits maker to do female stormcast eternal chests. That's it. All they need to do is 2 sizes: the smaller which is used by liberators, prosecutors, judicators and some of the heroes, and the bigger one used by the paladins and the knight-vexillor, among others I'm sure.

They would still be usable with the arms and legs and other bits just fine. Then some makers need to do head variants, whether they be more feminine heads, or just some creative different types for those who just don't want the traditional sigmarine ones.

I'd buy it.
>>
>>50440872
Page 156 – Allegiance Abilities, Allegiance
Add the following to the end of the second paragraph:
‘The allegiance abilities you choose will apply for the
duration of the battle.
When picking your army’s allegiance abilities, all units
in a warscroll battalion are considered to have the
allegiance listed above the title on the warscroll. For
example, the Guardians of Alarielle warscroll battalion
includes both Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternals units,
and has ‘Sylvaneth’ listed as its allegiance above the
battalion’s title. This means that all of the Stormcast
Eternals units in the battalion are considered to have
the Sylvaneth allegiance when it comes to choosing
allegiance abilities. An army otherwise made up of
Sylvaneth units which included this battalion could
choose the Sylvaneth or Order allegiance abilities, but
the Stormcast Eternals from this battalion wouldn’t
benefit from the Sylvaneth allegiance abilities, as they
don’t have the Sylvaneth keyword.’
>>
>>50440872
>>50440949
this
>>
>>50440777
The sheer amount of spells you can do as well is pretty scary even with the three rules of one in effect.
>>
Hey, haven't been on here in a while. Are people still only playing sigmarines, sylvaneth, beastclaw, and khorne? Seriously, before I took a break, I hadn't seen a skaven in months
>>
>>50441054
I feel like all other factions are actively being played to some degree at least. For example I play beastmen and Nurgle rotbringers
>>
>>50441078
That's good to hear then. My place still only plays sylvaneth and beastclaw, while I'm that weird skaven player
>>
>>50441119
I've seen a fair amount of death. And my shop has at least one Fyreslayers player.
>>
>>50441054
While in my shop a lot of people plays "new" armies that's because many are WHFB veterans and already have one or more old armies, so there is actually a lot of variety as at any given time you have someone playing his new army and someone playing the old.
>>
>>50441193
Any skaven?
>>
>>50441276
Yeah. Both Skryre focused and Pestilens focused.
>>
Any decent plastic or just less expensive options for Skyre Acolytes or Warplock Jezzails?
>>
>>50441054
My store is Chaos/Undead dominated, I run Pestilens and starting to work on my Molder. We have one other Skaven guy sometimes, One beastclaw, 2 Flesh-eaters and a Death-rattle. Sometimes you see Ironjawz and savage orcs. If you see Order it's only ever Stormcast

>>50441310
Convert Stormvermin to hold orbs and shit.For jezzails use kroot-rifles on clanrats with built-up clan-shields for the pavise
>>
File: IMG_0554.png (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0554.png
55KB, 480x480px
>>50440332
Nice work Anon!
Does anyone else have stuff like this to share? Beucase I love to read other people's own home brew fluff.
>>
>>50440332
Yo, whereabouts can I get this mapmaking thing?
>>
>>50441531
Here you go Anon.
>http://inkarnate.com
>>
>>50441531
Inkarnate, free website
>>
>>50440976
Cool. This suddenly makes me much more interested in the upcoming Dwarves.
>>
>>50441296
I have a lot of pestilens, but I'm also slowly making a nasty verminous-skryre army
>>
File: IMG_7612.jpg (62KB, 552x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7612.jpg
62KB, 552x449px
What's the best way to play thanquol and boneripper? Got this fucker lying around watching my verminlords command my skaven armies
>>
>>50440973
> Thinner bodies
Anon, fuck that. I want THICC girls. I'm talking French Revolution Fish wives THICC. Them bitches were working girls, and their job was crushing chaos between them thighs. Sigmar could barely fit them into sigmarite sized women.
THICC. GIRLS. SON.
>>
>>50442027
I never said thin bodies. There are 2 different size of torsos for the current male stormcast eternals, that's what i was referring to.

If anything these would be muscular, more like Zarya, and less like Mei
>>
>>50441570
their webapp runs super slow on my toaster
>>
Is the battletome for the slaves of darkness the Everchosen?
>>
>>50442923
Slave of Darkness have no battletome, like most of the factions.

Take the Grand Alliance Chaos if you want a printed version of your units.

If you are looking for Battalions with points, then the Grand Alliance Chaos and the PDF from the compendium have a few.

Everchosen have generic Battalions for mono-god lists which you can use, if you want.
>>
>ordered the generals handbook online ten days ago
>should have bought from the games store, but they are very far away
>ten days later usps still hasn't received it from the seller
I've made a terrible mistake
>>
>>50441871
Anyone at all?
>>
>>50440332
I can't help but feel like it would be a good idea to have a /tg/ unified portion of the realms. Like, different people's shit bordering one another and where the realmgates for each area go between one another.
>>
>>50444096
That would be pretty fucking awesome, desu, because I've seen a lot of good ideas. However such a thing would take a lot of effort from one individual.
>>
>>50440672
The Sylvaneth have a couple of battalions that allow you to take non-sylvaneth units without breaking allegiance, so if he uses one of those (Gnarlroot is a good one, since it allows you to take an Order Wizard), he can use his Spellweaver.
>>
File: Arachnarock_Spider.jpg (38KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Arachnarock_Spider.jpg
38KB, 600x620px
>>50436691
Don't forget Spiderfang!
>>
>>50444096
>Implying I wouldn't go out of my way to spoil it
>>
>>50436578
>Dat eight Lamentation pitch
>We're finally gonna see a ground-level view of the Age of Sigmar
>Regular people in a world that isn't regular in the slightest

I'm pumped, what about the rest of /aosg/?
>>
>>50444703
I'm pretty pumped, but a tad disappointed there will be no grungni dwarf hero. There's supposed to be a fyreslayer, but those guys are for grimnir. You would think a quest given by grungni would include at least one duardin follower. Instead we get a ironweld arsenal gunsmith, which is cool, but I just hope for more love of my dwarfs.

This leads me to believe that the steamhead duardin aren't coming until much later, at least until after this book, because he can't include a steamhead duardin character unless there is an army release.
>>
File: IMG_0575.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0575.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Battle station pic. Got some beastclaw I've been working on. These guys should make quite the splash in the local meta.
>>
>>50444739

You know the rumor on the street is fucking squats instead of steam dwarfs? Can you imagine AoS getting fucked by goddamn squats?

Anyway I'm sure steamheads vs. arcaniites in the realm of chamon will be soon. I think the lore itself has been leading up to this if not anything.
>>
File: 1479311969074.jpg (27KB, 366x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479311969074.jpg
27KB, 366x500px
>>50444799
>u know the rumor on the street is fucking squats instead of steam dwarfs?
Yeah that's not even a rumor people are considering anymore. It started when a guy who was in the warehouse caught a sight of new dwarf sprues with a bunch of crazy inventions and contraptions. He reported to rumor sites that squats were coming back.

Comments on the sites ranged from unbelieving to 'naw man it's steamhead duardin'. Well the guy came back later saying he got a second look and saw they were fantasy sprues and not for 40k. So not even he believes squats are coming back.

Besides there are various developer talks, even recent ones, where they said they have no plans to ever bring them back.

Even the GW teaser image for things to come next year is accepted to be squats. Everyone says it's either steamhead duardin or some custodes vehicle.
>>
>>50444887

Well plus reliable sources have pointed to them and the arcanites for how long now? Months?

I think we can see AoS releases right around the bend for the new year.
>>
>>50444937
I think so too, especially since it's been pretty much confirmed by reliable sources that ALL the rest of this year with be 40k stuff. Barring the releases for blood bowl (a dwarf team) and the super start collecting box sets.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 700x700px
>>50444799
>Female Stormcast Eternals
>Steamhead Duardin could be Squats

Why am I okay with this?
>>
>>50445062
>Female Stormcast Eternals
Practically confirmed at this point
>Steamhead Duardin could be Squats
Not even close
>>
File: demdwarves.jpg (162KB, 1616x496px) Image search: [Google]
demdwarves.jpg
162KB, 1616x496px
Ok so I decided what I am going to use these badass motherfuckers as in AoS:

Hammerers

Just think, they run up and pommel anything into the dirt. Hammerers kick ass in melee. I'll beef up their gauntlets with hamer-like bits and maybe even run tubes to some irondrake bits on their backs. Their armor can easily convey a 4+. I am pretty stoked about their release.

Yes I know bloodbowl is great, but I am honestly kinda meh about it. I mostly look forward to these minis.
>>
>>50444739
Well, he did say it's half Dirty Dozen. If we take that literally and see that there are 5 heroes mentioned (Doomseeker, Gunsmith, librarian, Blood Knight and mercenary), plus the fact that he said "among others", we can assume there are plenty more possible heroes.
Add to that that they get their quest from Grungni himself, and you have a great opportunity for a tease of future releases.
>>
>>50436578
my only question is:

what the fuck is the age of blood? When does that take place and around what events?
>>
>>50446010

Thought it was the time after chaos won and basically slaughtered fucking everyone.
>>
>>50446009
>Add to that that they get their quest from Grungni himself, and you have a great opportunity for a tease of future releases.
That is very true. Really I do look forward to it a lot, even without a grungni dwarf. Just getting first hand experiences with Grungni himself would be pretty awesome, and a book not centered around the SCE would definitely be refreshing.
>>
>>50446044
i thought that was the age of chaos
>>
>>50444176
We've talk about this idea before. My concept originally was a floating island in between the realms, that could only be accessed by warpstone tainted realmgates.
>>
>>50446078
They're the same thing. There is the Red Century during the Age of Chaos, when Khorne went and murdered the fuck out of everyone.
>>
There are many names attributed to the landmass which dwells between the realms. Voidshifter, The City Between Worlds, and The Warptouched Ruins, are all common names associated with the same place. To the few denizens who eek out a meager living here, it is Erraviheim(?). The city exists in the space between the Mortal Realms, ever orbiting them and collecting any fragments from the realms that have fallen into its own gravitational pull. How the city came to be positioned here is wildly speculated, although the large mass of warpstone, found along its surface and in the various cave systems that wind through the floating chunk of land, is thought to have played some part in the landmass's bizarre location. Multiple satellites orbit the city, each also having somehow found its way to inhabit the strange dimension. Among these are an ancient temple ship of the Seraphon, which has seen many Slann attempt to recover artifacts from the spacecraft's interior, Zharrvom, a Duardin hold that had been ripped from its original planetoid during a close encounter with the Realm of Fire, and the Eldritch Root, a giant stump that was pulled from the very ground of the Realm of Life, inadvertently saving the Aelves and Sylvaneth within it from an invasion of Nurgle daemons. Dotted along the surface of Erraviheim are locations that have collided with the island and been integrated with landmass. They have also provided some of the most ancient of texts and items, such as what is believed to be one Nagash's original times of necromancy, found among the ruins of a piece of the Lord of Death's Black Pyramid, which crashed into Erraviheim after being blown apart by Skaven, while Nagash betrayed Sigmar at the Battle of the Allpoints.
>>
>>50446144
>>50446203
This particular location has been set as the target of a raiding party from the horrors of the crypt king Vorash. One of the towers extending upward from the slanted piece of black stone has already been claimed by the royal ghoul. The touch of warpstone has also twisted many of the creatures that reside within this land and has given birth to whole new species of fauna, all of which appear to be far larger and more suited to extra dimensional travel than their uncorrupted counterparts. Recently, the Krakenspire Knights have entered Erraviheim to capture these beasts, but have found opposition in the fleet of Scourge Privateers, who have also claimed the warpbeasts as their prey. The chance to claim any powerful piece of history has caused many to attempt to find passage to the Shifting City. This is in and of itself a challenge as normal realmgates cannot grant access to the void between realms. Only realmgates infused with warpstone have been found to grant passage to Erraviheim, although others have found ways to access the city without the use of realmgates, such as the Skaven's gnaw-holes.

Worth noting that this is a couple of months old, but I can modify, and add anyone's location if they want.
>>
>>50441412
There's my skelly army which I've posted about in previous threads: a Saturday morning cartoon villain of a Wight King, name of Ethelred IX, who does stupid shit like marrying off his only necromancer to a Tomb Banshee for the sake of getting a ghost for his warband from her master, or challenging the Changeling to single combat and wondering who's behind all these daemons and beastmen appearing on the borders of his fiefdom.
Speaking of the Necromancer, Hector Lindqvist is the one who raised the Wight King in the first place, and now has to deal with his shit while he's forced to be subservient by their magical bond. I see their relationship as like that of Shredder and Krang's 80's versions (although I never watched that show so I'm going by hearsay on that).
Next is the Hell Knight, Sir Gaelfled, who basically acts as the Sancho Panza to Ethelred's Don Quixote - he knows that King Ethelred's Wacky Wild Ride isn't ending anytime soon, so he may as well go along with it and get some authority as his King's right-hand man in the process. His Black Knights are Ethelred's personal honour guard, and as such are always riding alongside their King.
Then there's the Seneschal, Sargard, who used to be leader of the town guard of Hector's town, before Ethelred killed them, had them raised, and declared himself King. The Grave Guard spend their time helping the townsfolk out, protecting shepherds, training the new blacksmith, creating a new town guard that can stand against enemies when they're inevitably called to battle, etc. Sargard himself spends his time helping Hector out, and has devoted himself to getting Hector through the difficult situations Ethelred puts him through.
Lastly: Marka Lindqvist (nee Emina), a Banshee who formerly belonged to a coven of Corpsemasters before her marriage to Hector. She has no opinion either way on the matter (unlike the unwilling Hector), and sees this only as an opportunity to poke around in her new husband's soul.
>>
>>50446214
>>50446203
Ayy! I was wondering where this went! Has anyone capitalised on it? An AoS Mordheim just seems really cool from my perspective.
>>
>>50437657
9/10 would field myself.
>>
>>50441310
Find adeptus mechanicus rifles for jezzails
>>
>>50441871
Use him to summon daemons. Two spells per turn, on a tanky mortal wound spewing caster? And he can summon bloodthirsters, plague drones, while the rest of his army kicks ass.

I should get him.
>>
>>50446429
I might make a time of war thing if enough interest is drummed up. But it's mostly for /tg/ to have a set place in the Mortal Realms.
>>
File: barb.jpg (26KB, 384x438px) Image search: [Google]
barb.jpg
26KB, 384x438px
shield barbarian anon here

I could have done the pose a bit better, and there are some gaps to fill, but hopefully this model reads as a marauder chieftain

I sort of just reached into my bits box to find something to cover the khorne symbol for this one, but I'll need to do more for the others.
>>
>>50446823
Looks good.
>>
>>50446831
thanks

I cut off both hands and the head of the original model, and filed down the khorne symbol on the chest.

The hardest part is going to be varying up the monopose bloodreavers for all the rest (30 bloodreavers and 30 marauders) so that it isn't an army of clones. I am feeling like weapon swaps can only go so far.

I think the model that was originally the bloodreaver chieftain is going to end up the drummer.
>>
>>50446513
Are the Galvanic Rifles long enough to use as Jezzails? I actually have a ton of them.

They're about 30mm from barrel tip to trigger, and ~37mm total length

I actually have a pretty good pile of them.
>>
So far I've got the starter set and a start collecting box worth of Stormcast stuff.

Any ideas on what to get next?
>>
>>50446873
>>50446823
I like the idea of what you're doing, and I think you're doing good work so far. Keep it up!
>>
>>50446875
Yep, use the jezzails, and creatively use clanrats and their triangular shields to make it convincing.
>>
>>50446899
First thing's first, paint them all up and play a few games, then you will have a very good idea of what to get next.
>>
>>50446920
I'm pretty handy with plasticard from my time in 40k playing Orks, so I can resort to that for the pavesen if the shield don't cut the mustard.

My end goal is a full Clan Skyre army, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to resort to taking clanrats anyway, just so I have a chaff unit.
>>
>>50446990
If you do, your stormfiends wont be battleline.
>>
>>50447022
Yeah, but I figure Acolytes are bit expensive points-wise to use as a tarpit/chaff
>>
>>50447061
>>50447022
That being said, it would be hilarious to field a list that's just 9 Stormfiends and a Warlock engineer (my meta plays at 1000 points)
>>
File: IMG_2327.png (1MB, 1000x1396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2327.png
1MB, 1000x1396px
>>50446899
There will never be a list that isn't improved by more paladins. I'm partial to Protectors stabbing from behind a Liberator screen, Retributors are generally considered to be some of the nastiest motherfuckers on the planet and Decimators are best for ...leaving at home and taking something else instead.
Otherwise, I usually toss a Knight-Venator in any list that has some points left over but doesn't need anything in particular. He's the perfect 'when in doubt'-choice. Though the Lord-Veritant is quickly moving to contest that position in my melee brick lists; his utility is lovely and he packs a nasty punch for a supporter.
>>
>>50437401
What's the value on the Bloodbound box?
>>
>>50447465
Price of units individually: $287
Price of box set: $170
>>
>>50447502
battleforce boxes are $165 not $170
>>
>>50447502
>>50447513
What is in it, exactly? Tired and not wearing glasses.
>>
>>50447520
Khorne Bloodbound Slaughterstorm
Mighty Skullcrushers – $100 ($50)
Wrathmongers – $57
Skarr Bloodwrath – $30
Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer – $30
Bloodreavers – $58
Blood Warriors – $62
Total: $287
>>
I'm thinking about building a gnarlroot wargrove with a sisters of thorn but there are others with the exact same set up in my FLGS so even though I love the sisters models I was thinking changing it to something else. what would you recommend as a wizard unit that would be useful and fit the sylvaneth theme at the same time?
>>
>>50447692
Maybe try and use regular freeguild wizards?
>>
File: 1469780338256.jpg (38KB, 278x325px) Image search: [Google]
1469780338256.jpg
38KB, 278x325px
>>50447607
>Slaughterstorm
>Mighty Skullcrushers
>Bloodwrath

I swear, Khornate names become more and more retarded every day.
>>
>>50447692
skink starseer and celestial hurricanum are some of the best wizard choices for Order
>>
what does summon starseer mean? you summon another of the same model? I don't see any other units with the name starseer in them.
>>
>>50447840
Read the fucking spell.
>>
>>50447738
You... do realise those last 2 are from End Times, right?
>>
>>50448076
Sure. Doesn't make them any less stupid. Though the Khorne Bloodslaughterer from FW still tops it all.
>>
>>50448135
>Doesn't make them any less stupid.
Fair enough.
>FW
Literally don't care. Almost anything from FW can be chucked into my "I don't care" file.

That's not to say I think they're bad - quite the opposite - but I just don't have an interest in it. It's superfluous to me.
>>
>>50444769
What's with the santa picture?
>>
>>50443143
You're not alone Anon. I ordered from Wayland Games, being an AoS newfag and all, still waiting on my order after a month.
>>
>>50447607
Wrathmongers make it worth it by themselves with that "Why are you hitting yourself?" trollage.
>>
>>50436775
The funny part is how ridiculously overpriced these shits have to be for 165 usd to be a good price. Three out of four have less than 20 fucking miniatures. The Stormcast one has a bunch of CADmarines and Sailor Sigmar. What the hell.
>>
>>50448273
I think they should stop listing the amount of miniatures on the box. It only makes it look more expensive and it doesnt give you an actual impression of 'worth'
>>
TOMB

KINGS

WHEN
>>
>>50448135
You are not me, but you answer like you was me.

BloodSlaughteter makes me chuckle every time.
>>
Dumb question, but do GW's sprays (e.g. Retributor Gold) need to go on top of an undercoat to work, or can you spray them onto the bare model?
>>
>>50448731
if it's plastic you can spray the bare model. Should work on metal as well, but metal is a bit more tricky to work with
>>
>>50446409
>Shredder and Kang
>Not Evil con Carne and General Skar
>>
File: ThefinalfateofSettra.gif (824KB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
ThefinalfateofSettra.gif
824KB, 400x256px
>>50448677

Never.
>>
>>50448731
Prime it first, anon. An undercoat helps depending on what colour you're going for. Are you going for a darker, rustier gold? Or a bright, splendorous gold? Pick the undercoat accordingly.
>>
>>50448927
Oh well. I've been using the points costs from http://www.scrollbuilder.com/ and the original warscrolls to field them as a death army in friendly matches anyway. Necro/Warsphynxes are hilariously OP.
>>
>>50448956
Bone Giants also work really well in magic-based Death armies (IE most of them). I'm tempted to make a Necromancer-led skelly army just so I can scratchbuild a cool Bone Giant.
>>
>>50449003
I have a bone giant as well (one of the old metal ones), and yeah, running mages and statues is all sorts of fun. Last game I ran a Royal Warsphynx as my commander, gave the tomb king (which at full health makes 3 3-damage attacks) the artifact that heals the model one wound if he kills a model, and the command trait that let the commander attack a second time if after attacking you dealt more wounds than a d6 roll. It wiped out squads, and with a mage backing it up to heal it every turn and a nearly-automatic 1 wound regenned every turn on top of halving oncoming wounds, it just wouldn't die.
>>
>>50448924
Never seen that either. I've heard of the show though.
It might be a better fit, depending on whether the guy who's in charge is the silly one or not.
>>
Guys do you have good idea for Dwarf for 1000 points ? i am thinking to play in mini tournament in my local shop
>>
>>50448375
>"Worth"
>>
>>50444176
How about all those that want to, make their own google docs document like this Anon >>50440332
Whit similar maps, layout, etc. Then we can make a larger map which points out where every Anon has their land?
>>
>>50437657
Look for chieftain with battle standard, would fit nicely.
>>
Are any of the novels decent? Black Library stuff is very hit or miss. wondering if any decent author has taken a crack at the AoS universe.
>>
>>50449170
30 thunderers + grim burlokkson to give them 22 inch range. 460
Warden king 120
Runelord 80
10 longbeards 140
20 warriors. 200
Block his units with your battle line. Add rend to your gun line with rune lord so they have -2 rend and hit/wound on 3/3
And your warden king can actually lower wound rolls on a target by 1. You coukd also swap that thunderer/grim group for a set of 10 iron drakes and something else but you need to keep your drakes closer.
>>
>>50449170
Also dwarves are expensive as they dont have a starter box. I recommend kijiji. Lots of good deals can be found if you arent a sperg and can handle 5 min of meeting strangers
>>
>>50446823
You trying for a non-chaos Barbarian army?

I'm doing the same, the issue with the mono-bloodreavers is they have so much Khorne Symbolism.
>>
>>50450169
Is there any way to play a None gunline force of Duradin?
>>
Just one question for you. Do you like new lore?
>>
>>50450473
i was thinking about taking steam tank ,gyro some slayers or warriors ( cuz i like them) and bugman with Quarrellers
>>
>>50450479
Yes.
Now what?
>>
File: DSCF4473.jpg (264KB, 1024x555px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4473.jpg
264KB, 1024x555px
Just finished this.

Metal is hard.
You may think you have worked that moldline just fine, but nooo.

Anyway, I love him already and I need a name.

Base is not done yet, i need to wait to dry, but I couldn't wait to share the work.
I've been scold for my terrible bases before, but I'm improving them I swear
>>
>>50451145
>I need a name.

roll 2 d6's
>>
>>50450473
Yeah but its really hero heavy so you need to run at least 2000 points to make it effective. I am waiting on getting an anvil of doom before I try running it but using long beards you can use all command abilities from leaders so if you bring thorgrim he adds extra melee attacks, belegar adds extra melee attacks to one taget. Ungrim adds 1 to hits and wounds in melee combat then just run a ton of ironbreakers /warriors. The shittiest thing about them is they only have 4 inch move so if you are going into gunfire you have to run which makes you lose your combat save rerolls. If there is scenery it helps.
>>
>>50451145
Really nice, but the white pauldrons look unfinished.
I particularly like the flasks and pouches. Those look neat.
>>
>>50448677
they were hinting of new armies on twitch last weekend when someone mentioned undead
>>
>>50450473
I suppose. Their melee infantry is ok, it is just because they are so slow, it is simply easier to use a lot of ranged units to make up for it.
>>
Rolled 5, 3 = 8 (2d6)

>>50451205
Unfinished?
Like adding a freehand or something?

>I particularly like the flasks and pouches. Those look neat.
Thank you. First time I try it.
I just followed the divine instructions of Duncan.

>>50451169
>>
>>50451317
Alright, roll 2 again
>>
Rolled 1, 5 = 6 (2d6)

>>50451355
>>
>>50451317
>>50451426
Alright, his name is Vashzahr

If you want a title for just roll another 2 d6 and tell me what chaos god he follows or if he is unaligned
>>
Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

>>50451464
Slaanesh, of course
>>
>>50451317
>Like adding a freehand or something?
I dunno, it's just that the white band on the pauldron looks empty. Maybe it's just me.
>>
>>50451306
They have such good stats though (besides quarrelers) it doesnt make sense not to bring even a little something shooty. That 1000 point battle line posted really doesnt have anything that crazy compared to other dwarf units.
>>
>>50451483
Sorry for the delay, anyway, his name is:
>Vashzahr the Denied
>>
>>50450479
Not really, no.
I happen to like certain themes, ideas and events as their own thing, but I can't get to wrap my head around the new whole lore as a coherent continuity.
>>
>>50451672
Do you want a re-roll for his title or do you stick wit hit?
>>
>>50450414
I'm fine with chaos, just trying for non-khorne.

It is a challenge with the bloodreavers I'll admit. Every single marauder will have to be converted heavily, but the result will hopefully be much better than just using the old marauder models, which I did buy a box of for parts and just in case. I suppose with some work the spare bloodreaver bits could be stuck onto marauder bodies to stretch things a bit further.
>>
>>50451672
I never though I would say this... but I actually love it.
I've never seen those tables make something good.

Vashzahr the Denied!

Once a lesser noble in a mercantile city in the realm of Hysh, he fall into vices.
He started spending all his money and influence to acquire drugs and mighty substances.
But when his lust for gold and sensation grow too much, he transformed his mercantile ship into a pirate ship and started raiding other merchants of other cities, to acquire money and rare spices.

But he dared too much, and his own city, his own people, denied him of his home and his title.
He was exiled. With his few men still loyal to him, he devoted himself to the God of Pleasure and it's continuing his voyage into vice and violence.
>>
>>50451965
vices...aka /b/
>>
>>50436351
Is this game good yet?
>>
>>50452161
It was always a good game, just with no points being the only problem.

So now that it has a decent points system, it's very good.
>>
>>50437247
WS10 BS10 S3 T3 W10 I5 A5 LD10

Any models in 24" that aren't painted well (or too thiccc) die instantly, no saves.
>>
>>50437289
>Ridicule Duncan

Kill yourself.
>>
>>50450861
You are gay now.
>>
>>50446823
Bro I asked a thread before that, where are u from? Got ~10 shields with a warmammoth which I dont need, maybe I can mail em.
>>
>>50452620
us west coast

I should have plenty of shields for now but I appreciate the offer (need about 38, have 36 plus another 12 coming in the mail already)
>>
can someone tell me why the fuck the starter set and the dryad box have fucking 16 models? why not 10 or 15 or 20 but fucking 16?
>>
>>50453251
Because it's an old kit recycled. From a time when you bought models individually and not in units.
>>
>>50436691
Normal goblins are Gitmob Grots actually.
>>
>>50441871
Take an arch-warlock, use him to get "extended range" on his triple arcane bolt spell. And you can also reroll the spell roll on a 2+.
Equip warp flame throwers, teleport him with a verminlord deceiver, watch him pop up from behind enemy heroes and deal 2d6 mortal wounds while being tanky as fuck.
>>
>>50450169
Is it just me, or does the fact people mix the 'new' stuff with compendium stuff just seem like people trying to game the fucking system? People using compendium Dwarf characters/war machines (cough flame cannon cough) with dispossessed. And it seems like it's mostly so they can take advantage of really unbalanced shit left in the game when they just shat out profiles for everything.
>>
>>50452774
Ah cool then, shipping wouldnt make much sense either, poor eurofag here
>>
I'm 110% convinced that the people clamoring for Female Stormcasts are basement dwellers who don't get laid regularly and need fantasy waifus.
>>
>>50453640
Or they're just trying to follow the normal dwarf theme of old in the new game?
>>
>>50453674
Yes. Your point being?
>>
>>50453674
Well you would be wrong. I and many other men with wives/significant others like seeing female heroins. It's not an SJW thing, far from it, it's just we want to see variety of sculpts in our army, and like diversity, which ultimately makes things more interesting.

I have a wife and 2 daughters, and you will see me as one of those championing against the motions to make female space marines, primarily because I am not for retconning long established fluff to pander to a demographic, but AoS lore is new, and they have already hinted at female stormcasts being a thing, we just want to see it. Just like I would like to see female imperial guardsmen.

It's not a sexual thing. It's not a stupid social justice thing. We just like the variety.
>>
File: drummer.jpg (239KB, 3184x1044px) Image search: [Google]
drummer.jpg
239KB, 3184x1044px
the drummer took a lot more work than expected and will need a bunch of green stuff

and the tassel on his beatstick came off when I went to take the photo of course
>>
>>50453885
Females wearing plate armor don't need sculpted tits. To argue that they do is sexist.
>>
>>50453917
Looking good.

>>50453885
Frankly, I prefer the idea of male and female Stormcast being visually indistinguishable when in armor.
Usually I am all for chainmail bikinis, boobplate and combat heels, but not here for some reason.
>>
>>50453942
Then at this point it's just an aesthetic argument. I like the boobplate look and wouldn't mind seeing that in some stormcast eternals. I'm not going to apologize for it. And again, I am not a basement dwelling 200lb virgin.

>To argue that they do is sexist.
Nice, play the sexism card. That always clinches the win in discussion, and doesn't derail it into a shitfest, at all.
>>
>>50454035
You're claiming you have a wife and girls and you want to see women heroes but then you do a 180 and want to somehow justify boob plate - but purely on artistic grounds... riiiiight.
>>
>>50454025
regardless of whether it is related to female stormcast or not, I'd like more shoulder pad options. If there weren't just different emblems but different shapes of shoulder pad it'd be an excellent way to distinguish different units or to be able to tell one army of stormcast from another.

It isn't like with space marines where there is tech heresy for changing ten thousand year old designs or anything.
>>
>>50453792
They have options for cogsmiths and cannons.
Just not the flame cannon or a really useful special character.
>>
>>50451965
Anyone else who want's their chaos character named?
>>
>>50454091
I'm not going to proceed with this discussion because I see where it's going and it will derail the thread. You can continue to think what you want, but having a '110% surety' of it is pretty dumb.
>>
>>50453317
still...you get 2 box and get 32 so 2 dryads go to waste
>>
Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d6)

>>50454188
My chaos lord on manticore needs a name. Was it 2 d6?
>>
>>50454188
c..can you name my tree..treelord ancient?
>>
>>50454315
Sure, but keep in mind that I am use Path to Glory, that is chaos focused so the names have that "chaos" feel to them

>>50454314
First syllable: Hur

Another 2 d6 please
>>
Rolled 3, 3 = 6 (2d6)

>>50454334
By the way, he is undivided just FYI. Let's see what I get now!
>>
File: nurglewarriors.jpg (717KB, 1244x1854px) Image search: [Google]
nurglewarriors.jpg
717KB, 1244x1854px
>>50454188
I don't need him named, but I'll just throw mine in to the pile.

CENSERS and TOCSINS

I have a Harbinger of Decay named Gagnus the Ratcatcher. He did something to offend greatfather nurgle, so as punishment his job is to follow the skaven clans around and collect rat corpses. Nurgle likes rat corpses for his garden, as they are great when packed under trees and plants.

It's the Harbinger of Decay (or chaos lord on mount with mark of nurgle, depending on how I want to play my list), and some putrid blightkings and chaos warriiors mark of nurgle. They fight alongside my pestilens force I am slowly building up, lead by the plague priest - Venomlord Tich, and grey seer, Warplord Stich.

Pic related are my chaos warriors with mark of nurgle. They are built from starter set blood warriors and spare bits from my blightkings kits.
>>
>>50454259
Again, it's an old kit, made for old warhammer. They can't just simply remove a model or 2 from the sprues without completely changing the sprues, and that would be counter productive. Just think you have 2 extra dudes you can use for other things, like kitbash a branchwych or use them for objective markers and scenery (i've always wanted to try making a few look like they are emerging from the trunk of a citadel wyldwood tree for effect)
>>
>>50454344
2nd syllable is: am

So his name is Huram

so roll for a title now
>>
Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

>>50454400
Rollan, hoping to get something cool!
>>
>>50454419
Ok so his name is Huram "Deathbringer"

Hope you like it.

>>50454315
Rolled some dices on my desk and got:
>Morvor
>>
>>50454438
>Huram Deathbringer

Sounds metal as fuck! I love it, thanks Anon!
>>
Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

>>50454188
Could you do a Beastlord and a Bray Shaman?
dice+2d6
First time rolling on this board so I've just filled it out in everything hoping it works.
>>
>>50454532
Ok so I am guessing this is for the beastlord. And do you want to use the undivided table for the title, or to a certain god?

First syllable: Val
>>
>>50454438
Morvor the Ancient...The rage of the forest...The wrath of nature!
>>
Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

>>50454576
Undivided sounds good and it is for the Beastlord.
Do I roll again? I'll do it anyway just encase I suppose.
>>
File: Beastmen_herd.jpg (79KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen_herd.jpg
79KB, 873x627px
>>50454607
It's 3 seperate rolls with 2 d6's each time. First one for the first syllable, second one for the 2nd syllable and the final one for the title. So your beastlord is named
>Valrimm

Ok, time for title
>>
Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

>>50454628
Ah alright, here's for the title then.
>>
>>50444887

>GW teaser image for things to come next year

Someone have this image?
>>
>>50454655
>Valrimm the chosen

May his named be feared in the mortal realms
>>
>>50454662
Cheers Anon.
Is this name table in the GH then if it's from path to glory?
>>
>>50454673
Sadly it's not in GH but it's on the seperate PtG that came before GH.

Did you want a name for your great bray shaman as well?
>>
>>50454656
That post you linked to IS the teaser image. GW on their blog did a post, showing that picture and pretty much saying it's a teaser for things to come next year.
>>
Rolled 3, 4 = 7 (2d6)

>>50454680
Sure.
>>
>>50454845
Ok, first syllable is:
>Gul
>>
>>50454845
Second roll
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 6, 4, 5, 1 = 25 (6d6)

>>50454188
Can I get a Chaos Lord name? For Slaanesh.
>>
>>50454863
No idea what happened there, I think the auto timer messed the post up somehow. I'll try again
>>
Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d6)

>>50454881
Alright I'm clueless, must be my phone being stupid.
>>
>>50454872
Alright, ladies and gents, I present to you:
>Zhrakkvor "Lord of Tortured Souls

>>50454881
No worries, just try again until it works
>>
>>50454897
Ok his name is Gulhar.

Now, time to roll up his title if he has one
>>
Rolled 4, 3 = 7 (2d6)

>>50454913
I hate this anti spam timer thing.
>>
>>50454898
>Zhrakkvor, Lord of Tortured Souls
Well cover me in gravy and call me Sally. Guess it's time to start kitbashing chaos and deldar, that's awesome.
>>
any sylvaneth players here who actually play with the gw model of wyldwood instead of homemade forest?
>>
>>50454931
Do I need to play Sylvaneth if I still prefer the GW one? I played wood elves in FB, does that count?
>>
>>50454927
>Gulhar the Undefeated
>>
>>50454958
I like it, makes me think he's some kind of magic duellist maybe. Shame they don't have any combat spells but arcane bolt. Maybe I'll run him with Malagor's warscroll
>>
>>50454945
I prefer the GW too ofc but can't afford it fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 5, 3, 3, 6 = 22 (6d6)

>>50454188
Please name my Lord of Plagues
>>
>>50455072
Alright, also guessing you want a Nurgle title

>Luctragar Blubbermaw
>>
>>50455091
thanks!
>>
I like the Malignants box. What faction is that? Deathlords? Any list/books for that?
>>
>>50455471
Nighthaunt.
But the Mortis engine doesn't have the nighthaunt keyword so you can't run a nighthaunt list with it.
A list for it would probably run a lot of spirit hosts as they're battle line for the faction. It doesn't have a book. Cairn wraiths are pretty useless unless you throw them into hordes of infantry and Banshees are only effective against low bravery targets.
They have no magicicians and no command abilities apart from the usual inspiring presence which is near useless for death with their 10 bravery.
They're not too good on their own right now, I use them as a hammer to my death rattle anvil.
Also spirit hosts are hell to transport.
>>
>>50455471
>>50455635
Taking the Death Alliance instead, getting a Vamp on Zombieflapflap and filling the rest with ghosts should be viable.
You have to pick non-spooky battleline but gain great support heroes like necromancer, vamp on abyssal terror and vamplord.
>>
>>50446409
Cool, I just need to know if you want the fiefdom itself located in Erraviheim, if they're looting some specific place, or just wandering the lands. Basically, I need a reason why they're there.
>>
>>50449528
Won't need it with a crown for both units
>>
WH40k player here, was looking at getting into Fantasy as a casual kind of setting but within the rules, was just curious on how army setups work here, I know there are four grand Alliances, am I allowed to build an army comprised of every faction inside a chosen alliance, or is it like 40k where you need to stick to one faction?
I was thinking of Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternal, with a bit from a few other factions.
Even further outside that can I go two different alliances? Like Could I go Sylvaneth and Malignants?

I understand it kinda relies on the playgroup, but if I wanted to stay within the rules
>>
>>50456458
>am I allowed to build an army comprised of every faction inside a chosen alliance
Yes, but why would you? There is a lot of synergy between heroes and their units, especially within their factions. So most heroes only buff units that share their faction. However the openness is nice for when you ally another faction who has stuff that you lack in. Like running stormcast eternals and also having some ironweld arsenal because you want cannon power.

Also some factions get alegiance abilities and relics they can choose from if they stick within themselves. Like the sylvaneth have some cool stuff if your entire army is sylvaneth. But when you bring in those stormcast eternals you lose that ability to take those, but you still have the general Grand Alliance: Order things you can take. There are pros and cons to both, really.

Buy the General's handbook, its an essential and explains army construction pretty well, as well as providing all the ponts for everything.
>>
>>50456458
You can do what you want until you go into matched/tournament play. That's where you have to respect the grand alliance and follow a point build for your game.

You need core, refered to as battleline, which is like the base troop requirements for your detachments in 40k. It's 2 battle line for 1000, 3 battleline for 2000, and 5 for 2500.

Certain armies have faction specific battleline, meaning a unit can count as battleline if you only take units from the same faction to build your army.
>>
>>50456625
Will do, thanks, didn't realise there was faction specific buffs.

>>50456641
I probably wouldnt be doing tournament play, not sure we even have tournaments in Australia.
The battleline info is good to know.

I should probably just read the rulebook..
>>
>>50456707
First, read the four pages of rules. That clears up most things. Then read the General's Handbook in the OP.
Matched Play, i.e. playing with points and army structure, has been for better or worse the dominant form of play ever since the GHB was released. If there is a AoS scene where you are from, chances are they have Matched Plays.
>>
>>50457118
Wait four pages?
Im reading once that's 550ish pages, is that an old edition?
>>
>>50454438
>>
>>50457367
Yes. The current game is Warhammer Age of Sigmar. If you have a mobile device download the AoS app, as it has the rules and every units' rules for free. For more in depth rules, including point costs and more scenarios, pick up the General's Handbook.
>>
>>50457367
Yeah you must be reading the old warhammer book. If this book was given to you by local players because it's what they play, then you may want to clarify things with them and ask them specifics.

Of not, then even the game's workshop page explains what the rules and factions are
>>
>>50457473
>>50457471

I feel like a dickhead lmao
Thanks for the clarification. The four page rulebook is much easier to understand, wish 40k did the same
>>
>>50457504
Rumor is it will do something similar summer next year.
>>
File: gwstorefront.jpg (91KB, 703x579px) Image search: [Google]
gwstorefront.jpg
91KB, 703x579px
>>50457571
Haha guys check out this captcha I just got. notice anything familiar? I'm not sure if anyone has seen this before on theirs.
>>
> Finishing up last pieces of Free People/Bret/Dark Elves/ Wood Elves for AoS
> Look at some random warscrolls
> Now I want a soulblight/nighthaunt army

How hard is it playing the vampire counts in AoS?
>>
>>50449489
This is more what I was thinking. Rather than a Mordheim-type scenario, a full group of connected maps (think arrows between one gate in the Realm of Fire leading to the Realm of Life).

1d4chan might be a good place to put the finished/unpolished product, with googledocs or something to develop it at first.

Hell, when GW finds another company to shill their RPing stuff, it might even be useful in the far future for AoS roleplay settings.
>>
>>50449057
yeah the warsphinx is amazing

it gets even more hilarious if you run it with Settra to get +1 hit for your whole army (works really well with liche priest spell Righteous Smiting). Back them up with a Tomb Herald (or 3) and you have a nearly unstoppable force.

Necropolis Knights with buffs are insane.

Tomb Kings are arguably the best army in the game.
>>
Between Gorechosen, White Dwarf and Silver Tower I have 3 Slaughterpriests...is there any reason for me to have 3?
>>
>>50458972
Mortal wound's
>>
>>50459336
Mortal wound's what?
>>
>>50459400
Mortal wounds dominate this game. If your list dishes out more mortal wounds than your opponent, then the game is tipped heavily in your favor. Fuck trying to play objectives, just table your opponent with mortal wounds.
>>
>>50454929
Please do it and share it with us in all its glory. Our Pleasure Queen demands it.
>>
>>50457586
huh, ive never seen that, i will be looking for that in my next captcha, maybe this one...

nope, it was just construction equipment
>>
>>50459336
Is it worth it to spend 300 pts for 3d6 mortal wounds at range 16" though? I feel like i could spend those points on something more useful like a Skull Cannon...then again i'm the putz that has 3 Slaughterpriests
>>
>>50459978
>Is it worth it to spend 300 pts for 3d6 mortal wounds at range 16" though?
Yes. Because even if one is sniped from range, you still have 2d6 mortal wounds at 16". That's enough to get anyone to question the security of any one hero or unit.
>>
>>50457723
Pretty hard and costly if you go pure vamp, thanks to bat models being necessary and shitty looking. But, vamp lords, nighthaunt support with zombie battle line is very doable.
>>
>>50459498
The apostrophe makes it look like a wound possesses something.
>>
So like, is Skaven Pestilins the only Skaven faction now? I've got a whole lot of Skaven from the isle of blood set I am putting together and I don't see any normal Skaven at all in AoS
>>
>>50461189
No. There's also Skryre, Eshin, Moulder, Verminus, and the master clan.

The warlord is from clan verminus
The warlock engineer is clan skryre
The clanrats are verminus
the master moulder is clan moulder
The rat ogres are clan moulder
The warpfire thrower is clan skryre
and the poisoned wind mortar is skryre

With the way AoS is, you can easily run all that together, even though they consist of several different factions, even for matched play

Pestilens is the only one that got a battletome, so far. And really that isn't much, it just means they got a few more formations. They don't even have allegiance abilities because their book came out before the GHB.
>>
>>50453640
considering when you remove the "compendium stuff" the only dispossesed leaders are the warden king (the same exact model of belegar), the rune lord, and the nearly completely useless unforged I think you can go fuck yourself when we dwarf palyers want to have variety in our armies.
>>
What do you guys think of the seraphon? Nobody ever really talks about them, and one I've only seen one guy at my store grab the sc box...once. the big dinosaurs look fantastic, the heroes are pretty good as well, although think the battleline can use some work.

I play Skaven, so I thought taking a break from grungy rats to vibrant dinosaurs would be a nice change of pace. How do they play?
>>
>>50456707
It's a good plan to follow pitched battle rules for any construction and such because it makes it easier to find opponents when you both have a baseline understanding of what 1500 point or 2000 point armies are going to be. If you have someone established to play with then you should feel free to disregard the restrictions. That's what all the cool narrative stuff in the General's handbook is for.
>>
>>50461535
They're pretty strong and have a very large range for a single Allegiance. Probably the only downside is their book predates the GHB and so lacks a few of the additional goodies recent factions have gotten.
>>
>>50460926
Phone auto corrected wounds to wound's.
>>
File: skelemanga.jpg (657KB, 1268x1920px) Image search: [Google]
skelemanga.jpg
657KB, 1268x1920px
>an entire new game later and undead is still a ghoul spam snoozefest

i just want a fun elite vampire lord army GW you kikes
>>
>>50461872
Deathlords army. Super massive skeleton constructs army. Low model count. Morghasts are battleline if you stick to deathlords only.

Soulblight army. Lots of vamps and the coven throne. Blood knights are batteline if you stick to soulblight only. Also vargheists. And bats!
>>
>>50461917
And neither of these use skeleton or zombie chaff. Both low model count for death.
>>
Where information about goblins-sky pirates?
>>
>>50462231
Obscure rumor somewhere. Don't expect anything to come out of it, since the only rumors close to 'reliable' are backed up by different leakers. This has only been seen or mentioned once.

Most of our discussions here about it are generally in the range of "woundt it be cool if it were true, and if so..."
>>
>>50461573
I don't mind the lack of extra battletome fluff. I was under the impression they were a hilariously weak army, or the models were a nightmare to work with, or something to explain why literally no one in my area plays them. Ffs we have like 4 ogre players and more death (read flesh eaters) than I care to number
>>
Does anyone here use the magewrath throne and/or the balewind vortex in a game? If so, are they any good?
>>
>>50462231
They got an explicit mention in the background lore of Beast claw Raiders. They're real, but not even close to confirmed for a range.
>>
>>50450075
The Gates of Azyr, Hammers of Sigmar, Call of Archaon, some of the Call of Chaos stories, Skaven Pestilens and Lord of Undeath are AFAIK considered good by consensus. Don't take my word for it though.
>>
>>50456035
I've never considered Ethelred's fiefdom to be anywhere near Erraviheim - it's literally one town, the single foothill it's built on and the two farms bordering it. I've never even considered what Realm it's in - it's just "foothill at base of mountain range".
He does occasionally wander abroad though. I imagine that if he ever went to Erraviheim, it'd be as a favour to the Corpsemaster coven to recover some magical artifact or artefact. It would be a minor one, too - the Corpsemasters are well aware of his stupidity, mostly because they can easily scry on him from their lair in the mountains overlooking Ethelred's Hill. Also he'd bring his whole army, just for the sake of glory, against whatever tiny warbands he finds there. He'd fit better as an "overseeing benefactor" sort of character, commanding Hector and Marka to push a bunch of skeletons and zombies around and look for one really minor thing, which causes a little confusion among those who learn of their quest: why the hell are they going after that little thing?
In case you're wondering "why did you call him Ethelred?", look up the old Saxon English king Ethelred the Unready. I felt that that sort of failure and lack of common sense would be fitting for my dude.
/mostly pointless fluff and trivia dump
>>
>>50458097
I'd gladly make an Inkarnate map of Ethelred's Hill and Magic Mountain (placeholder name, still a work in progress) if it linked to some other anon's mountains.
>>
>>50464035
How about we continue it in the next thread by people making docs with maps and lore then we use what they have to create the connections isntead of people being forced to make it themselves. That way it feels more natural and flowing instead of stale and forced
>>
File: dark_elf_sorceress_by_seeeffeye.jpg (92KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
dark_elf_sorceress_by_seeeffeye.jpg
92KB, 600x465px
>>50462538
>balewind vortex in a game?

morathi is good on the vortex. She gets a natural +1 bonus to cast two different mortal wound generating spells. On the vortex that becomes +2 almost guaranteeing they both go off every round. On the vortex she can post up on an objective and be immune to close combat while blasting 5-6 mortal wounds a round anywhere on the board (vortex doubles spell ranges).

Still weak to shooting, but my army has 2 dragons so they are almost always the thing people are aiming for instead of morathi.
>>
>>50463775
>Gates of Azyr
No, that's pretty bad.

Since it's the first story in a new setting, it's as bland and clichéd (is it even a word?) as you can get.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 475x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 475x228px
>>50462231
>>
File: you want to know more.gif (40KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
you want to know more.gif
40KB, 250x200px
>>50464596
>Winged Beastmen
>>
New thread?
>>
>>50464684
We are not like the other Generals.
We make new ones only when the old one ends.
>>
>>50448157
It is a picture of my brother who is no longer alive
>>
File: rumour-1.jpg (87KB, 1000x1149px) Image search: [Google]
rumour-1.jpg
87KB, 1000x1149px
Another GW teaser.
>>
>>50465961
It's a dwarf's thing. Trust me.
>>
>>50465961
godfucking dammit
more tzeench
that's 99% a Tzeench's greater demon
Slaanesh when?
Nurgle at least has the glottkin, which magically becomes a greater demon by simply trashing the glott brothers.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.