[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 445
Thread images: 41

File: gen.jpg (340KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
gen.jpg
340KB, 1034x775px
Purging with my Kin, your wounds will not heal, fear is why you fall, confused with what is real edition

Last Thread >>50423548

Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
>>
First for Dark Eldar
>>
>>50429846
Second to combine mechanicus when?
>>
File: LEVIATHAN ON THE FRONT PAGE.jpg (97KB, 609x585px) Image search: [Google]
LEVIATHAN ON THE FRONT PAGE.jpg
97KB, 609x585px
third for LEVIATHANS
>>
So pink horrors are just unusable in their current form right?

Better left using the pre-split rules with friends?
>>
>>50429862
I've decided to start up a Khorne worshipping Warband.

I don't know what scheme I want to do. The Iron Warrior lover in me wants to do them, but on the other hand, I also want to do My Dudes.

Wat do?
>>
For fa/tg/uy in last thread who said he couldn't paint:
>Spray model Black
>Lightly paint whole model in primary colour (ie Red) so you can't see any Black underneath
>Use Black wash paint over whole model, but don't let it pool too much
>Paint details in other colours
>Wash that too
>Score 8.5 for painting abilty on dakka dakka
>>
>>50429882
Take the IW scheme and alter it slightly.
>>
>>50429882
Just do what you think looks cool. Paint up a model or two as color tests if you like and see which look you prefer.

Khornate IWs don't make much sense anyway unless you're going full Your Dudes with it.
>>
>>50429846
Edition sounds like something out of a linkin park song.
>>
>>50429882
Make them your own dudes with a similar colour scheme.
>>
>>50429926
Edition is from a ETTSD episode.
>>
Ive decided that im going to be building a tau list next so thank you all for helping with that decision.
>>
>>50429932
>Being that guy with a boring army
>>
>>50429938
>Tau
>boring
Come on man, you don't even know what he's taking. Fuck, he doesn't know what he's taking.
>>
>>50429880
Splits are optional.
>>
>>50429951
Yea >>50429938 I dont know what the hell im going to be playing but i know i want it to be suit tau but like i dont even want to actually use riptides because they are stupid. Tho tau do seem quite difficult what with the marker lights and all.
>>
>>50429951
>tau
>not boring
>gunline:the army, with a dash of shoot and scoot
nice one, ethereal internet defence force
>>
>>50429951
>>50429969
>Super anime robots
>Not being boring
>>
>>50429991
>gunline:the army, with a dash of shoot and scoot
Tau haven't been gunline since the start of 6th. Do you even know what the Tau meta is these days? They are one of the most mobile armies around because they spam JSJ suits, be they Crisis or Riptides.

>>50430002
>what is an opinion?
>>
>>50430002
Sorry anon we cant all have superior tastes in armies like you.
>>
>>50430002
But if you paint them like gundam they become less boring
>>
>>50430016
That's okay champ, keep at it.
>>
Buy the new battleforce.
1 xv95
1 xv88
1 squad of pathfinders
1 devilfish
Was there anything else? I don't remember
Convert the HRR and the devilfish to a railhed. Then buy start collecting box, run 1 xv8 as a hq and the other 2 as mandatory troop choices. If you want to buy 2 stealth teams and the the OSC formation with the xv95 for ultimate anti vehicle rape since you auti hit rear AV. Then pick up some remora drones or a barracuda ax-5-2 from FW as they are great units. make sure to run drones attached to a commander with drone controller and vrt.
>>
>>50430043
It comes with:
>1 Devilfish
>1 Pathfinder Squad
>1 Stealth Team
>1 Broadside
>1 Ghostkeel
>1 Commander
>>
>>50430043
>Convert the HRR and the devilfish to a railhed
Seriously, stop suggesting this. As someone who actually owns multiple Hammerheads, Devilfish and Railsides, I'm telling you it would look retarded.
>>
>>50430043
wait is this for me or what?
>>
>>50430065
ok how about converting 2 HRR into a single railgun?
>>
>>50430078
Idk, are you the new tau player?
It is just a suggestion honestly, take a look and see what you like. But the new battleforce with the start collecting box is one of the best ways to start as you get so many good units.
>>
>>50430102
i am the new tau player. Im thinking of running a farsight enclave just for the sweet suit troops.
>>
>>50429874
My Leviathan killed Bjorn in glorious melee last Friday!
>>
>>50429915
Could do that.

>>50429920
Yeah, that's true. Though iirc, there's at least a couple named Khornate IW, and if there's any of the four gods an IW would worship, it'd likely be Khorne or Tzeentch, in my opinion.

>>50429927
Might go with that.
>>
>>50430085
More likely. I said this a couple of times back, but a HRR is half the width of a Railhead, and just over half the length too. You could perhaps set them up like a fusion cannon, as long as you didn't do it in such a way that they'd be mistaken for one.
>>
Imperial Agents leak when?

I'm hoping for some Inquisition updates but I'm sure it'll just be a lame copy-paste job.
>>
>>50430141
USE THEM ON WRAITHKNIGHTS NOT HEROES
>>
>>50430243
No one in my meta plays Eldar :)
>>
>>50430241
expect the leaks next week. this leak there will be traitor legion leaks
>>
>>50430243
>implying a leviathan would survive the turn it needs to get a wraithknight in combat
>implying the wraithknight wouldnt just move 12" away and laugh at the leviathan as it tries to catch it with its stubby little legs as it turns invisible
>>
>>50430243
I want a Leviathan, how should I outfit one? I Play Minotaurs with plenty of Forgeworld like a fire raptor, contemptor dread, sicaran and a Spartan (with TH/SS termies inside lead by Asterion)
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 560pts.jpg (98KB, 900x605px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 560pts.jpg
98KB, 900x605px
New to 40k here.

I posted last week about my fiancee getting me some guard stuff for christmas. I'm getting the guard start collecting box, a command squad, GCS armoured claw box(which I wont use the GS sprues) and the cadian special weapons box.

Trying to make a small list for that stuff. Will vets work with armoured shield or does it need to be a regular infantry squad?
>>
File: tanksgiving05.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
tanksgiving05.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>50429874
>>50430141
Mine solo'd a knight last saturday! Fuckin' 2 hull points off of the knight in overwatch, 4 more over the course of 2 combats! He survived to see the end of the apoc game!

Here's the glorious fucker FATMAN standing next to the trophy he helped me get for most frags.
>>
File: 1480117192957.gif (2MB, 430x440px) Image search: [Google]
1480117192957.gif
2MB, 430x440px
>>50430358
>MFW my Google pixel randomly capitalises it's autocorrects
>>
>>50430243
AUGH lets try something else
>>
>>50430358
I usually give mine a Leviathan Storm Cannon, Siege Claw, the Hunter-Killers, Ceramite Plating, and recently started sticking it in a Lucius Drop Pod.

Does anyone know why the Leviathan comes with Frag Grenades anyways?
>>
>>50430358
>>50430374
I was going to help you, but then I noticed that you posted the cute gril who does disturbing things.
>>
>>50430361
Regular dudes.
>>
I'm thinking about building a Haemonculi coven to supplement my regular dark eldar, what shold I aim for, lots of Wracks, lots of Grotesques, Pain Engines, or a balance of them? Or are they best as an allied force for regular dark eldar? Or vice versa? I play with chill friends (Tau who slowly phasing out for Skitarii, and Ork who's gonna get some 1k Sons, and a soon-to-be C:SM who's gonna run Cultists and Word Bearers).
>>
>>50430371
>unpainted models in apoc
disgusting
also, please fix your gun barrels anon, every time i seem it makes me sick
>>
>>50430358
You can't go wrong with either of the ranged weapons, and the Severing Claws. It's also good to give it the Hunter Killer rack, especially for the hilarious amount of protection it provides from Weapon Destroyed. Armoured Ceramite helps too. And give it a drop pod. The Lucius Pod means it can STAY in the damn pod for a turn, and then charge the dumb motherfucker that stayed too close to it.

>>50430401
If you can remember it, note that ALL your weapon shots happen at the same time. So your frag-grenade can contribute to its ability to thin hordes out. Also the Severing Cut wounds spread to additional models. So if you play your weapons right, a Leviathan can easily shred through the entirety of a conscript blob in a single turn. Those 6 'thingies' on the outside of the sarcophagus are actually its frag grenades. It can shoot them into nearby blobs to thin them out as it charges.
>>
>>50430438
Are you sure the Severing Cut spreads? Looking at the rule makes it seems like its just that one model.
>>
Okay so im thinking about putting kroot into my list for some cheap fodder is it worth it anons?
>>
>>50430043
>Convert the HRR and the devilfish to a railhed.

Don't you dare use the rail rifle, it'll look dumb as fuck.
Buy a bunch of plasticard/styrene sheets. between 1 and 2mm, for a few (insert currency here) and make your own railgun, it's really not that hard. Find a suitable bottle cap of the turret and you're done. I'm half tempted to make one now just to show you'd be a fool not to.
>>
>>50430454
It spreads by virtue of how wound pools work. Model takes a wound, triggering the Severing Cut, Severing Cut adds d3 more wounds. Because it doesn't explicitly state that they don't spread to other models, then the victims must continue to keep making saves until the number of wounds inflicted hits 0, or they run out of models.

It's mostly only D weapons that cause wounds that don't spread, and they explicitly state their wounds don't spread.
>>
>>50430371
The hand that Chaplin Dreadnought is goofy looking as fuck.
>>
>>50430483
You do know that the additional wounds dont generate more right?
>>
>>50430499
Yea, so a Leviathan can at most deal a whopping 20 wounds on the charge. 5 attacks for 5 wounds, plus 5d3 from Severing Cut.
>>
File: gvujyfkutfdhgiu676.jpg (1MB, 2365x2704px) Image search: [Google]
gvujyfkutfdhgiu676.jpg
1MB, 2365x2704px
>>50430371
See, I told you Saturday I see you on here all the time. Our victory was complete. Ref even had to give reinforcements to the other team to keep us from winning so quickly- too bad they just deployed in the kill box created by our tanks, knights, drop pods, and dreadnoughts. Good game, my raptor brother. For Sanguinius and the Emperor!
>>
>>50429882
You can either look up a realtively unknown canon warband, or fluff your own

Personally I only "my dude" my DE because they have so much potential, but play CSM as The Purge because they are surprisingly unknown and i love their fluff
>>
>>50430510
Oh, I forgot it was each UNSAVED, I thought it was just the one roll
>>
Does anyone have experience with running the R&H "Purge" detachment? Or even any Guard artillery army. I want to make a warband of The Purge (the CSM, not the formation) supported by renegade chemical artillery in the Purge (the formation, lel). Something like

>Nurgle Lord
>Plague Marines
>Regular CSM
>Obliterators
+
>As many blast templates as possible

I quite like the idea of the Purge as a warband ("life is cyclical and currently corrupt, kill literally everything for Nurgle so we can start this shitshow over"). CSM may suck and artillery may also suck but that doesn't really concern me. My main concern is that putting down that many blast templates means each turn will take over 9000 hours.
>>
With the relatively recent errata adding 2 attacks to all space wolves and blood angels dreads, including named ones like Bjorn and Murderfang, anyone know if this applies to ALL dreads taken in either army including contemptors or even leviathans?

While the relic leviathan has a rule stating it cannot benefit from formation or detachment bonuses this change was for the dreadnoughts stats in each army, so i wonder if they'd apply
>>
>>50430361
Has to be regular dudes. Their entire purpose in life is to cling to the tank and prevent melee enemies from charging it. To this end they get a 4+ cover save while they're near it, and it gets a 5+ cover save from intervening models (which you can boost to a 4+ using Camo Netting).

You can punish baddies that DO charge the squad by buying a flamer and giving the Commissar and Sergeant power weapons. 35 points.
>>
>>50430539
Your turns will take literally forever, yes.
>>
>>50430484
The plan is to turn it into a Dreadnought-sized Crozius Arcanum. Probably by taking two custodian shields and mashing them together on top of the pike.

>>50430546
Personally I tend to err on the side of yes. Which brings the hilarious fun of 3 attacks base Deredeos. Also if you email forgeworld about their dreadnoughts, they end up saying that all of their "dreadnoughts" count as dreadnoughts for formations. Hilariously enough their Chaplain Dreadnought also counts as BOTH or EITHER a Chaplain and a Dreadnought. So for them, you -could- bring a Leviathan or a Chaplain Dread in a gladius. It's just that because of the Leviathan's Relic of Darkness rule, it can't ever claim a benefit from whatever formation you stick him in. No free drop pod, and no rerolls to hit on his BS5 guns. While a Deredeo ~can~ claim the formation benefits, he doesn't realistically benefit from them since all of it's guns are BS5 Twin Linked.. And who in their right mind puts a Deredeo in a drop pod?
>>
>>50430401
>>50430438
Thank you based anons
>>
>>50430410

I prefer the Dark Artisan formation as a complement to a regular DE force. I also like the idea of the Grotesquerie although I haven't run it yet. Based on my experience with regular Grotesques and considering how much better the formation makes them it's probably pretty awesome.

Some other anon I was talking with this morning seemed to support a similar conclusion

Some people like the Corpsethief Claw but it seems like overkill to me. Too unwieldy and it all counts as one unit. You'd be better off running 2 Dark Artisans or just 1 Dark Artisan and 3 Heavy Support slot Talos squads in my opinion (backed up by 0 experience since I only have 1 Talos and the 1 Chronos so far)
>>
>>50430539
Ask in 30k gen about how to play IW, that's the closest you'll get to 40k The Purge
>>
>>50430546
>torbjorn gets play of the game again
kek
that aside, its only the codex dreads that get it, FW deals with the rest of their stuff seperately
>>
>>50430583

Fuck. I'm going to play a counts-as game and see if I can figure out how to make it take under 8999 hours instead. Because the idea is cool as fuck but boring the shit out of my opponent is not.
>>
>>50430374
WWWHHHHYYYYY!!!!????!!!!!???
>>
>>50430660
i mean we all need a spider in our mouths now and then anon.
>>
>>50430539
I ran an army that looked something like this last week:

3 Basilisks
Manticore
2 Wyverns
Command Exterminator w/ 2 battle tanks
2 meltavets

Played against 30k Space marines. He got stomped. Even without the Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company (the reason I bought the models) that much ordnance can turn the map into a parking lot fast. He neglected to bring drop pods and without any way to attack my backline he gut buried.

In short, barrage and blast templates can win you a battle if you can keep the shooting units alive. Even Land Raiders (or a Spartan Assault Transport, in the case of that battle) won't stand up to the rain of pain an artillery-focused Guard army can shit out.
>>
>>50430660
I warned you that she was a cute gril who did disturbing things, but you clicked on that gif anyways.
>>
>>50430618
Gotcha. And while we're on the topic of dark eldar, Scourges are the current hotness these days in regards to anti-vehicle? I used to run triple Ravagers, or swarms of jetbikes (18 of them). Does inability to give incubi grenades at all now really make them useless as assault units?

And mandrakes don't suck ass anymore? I haven't played my dark eldar since 2012.
>>
>>50430361
What list maker are you using.
>>
>>50430552
Thanks. What choice should I take for the heavy weapons team in my HQ? I've went with a missle launcher, but from a more fluffy perspective I'd like to go with mortar, but I don't know if a mortar is a good choice or not.

>>50430691

http://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
>>50430621

That's actually a good idea, thanks anon.

>>50430678

Thanks as well. I imagine the effect is even better when your blast templates stay around as a dangerous terrain blob for one turn just to fuck with the other guy.
>>
File: 1474763381945.jpg (52KB, 449x459px) Image search: [Google]
1474763381945.jpg
52KB, 449x459px
>>50430683
Not him but I actually blindly clicked on it without checking the filetype. >mfw

>>50430691
>it's asked literally every thread
This is why we ask for it to go in the OP, guys. Not because it's good, but because it's pretty enough that everyone keeps asking. >tfw I was the guy who originally pushed Marines Anon to post the site I have to atone for my sins
>>
The only problem with https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator is that it doesn't have any FW armies

How am i supposed to quickly draw up a Heretic + Renegade list for /tg/ to review?
>>
>>50430685

>Scourges

There are mixed opinions on this, I like them. Haywire Blaster is superior to Heat Lance because it effectively has almost 3 times as much range.

>Triple Ravagers

Still a good strategy

>Swarms of Reavers

I love this but I only have 9 because they're expensive as fuck. Reavers are some of our best units.

>Incubi

Haven't run them so can't say for sure but yes people generally say they're fucked due to lack of grenades. I guess it kind of depends what you're running them with, and why?

>Mandrakes

I actually like them now but they still die in 0.5 seconds to anything Ignores Cover. They're mostly good for
>1 cheap trolling units to fuck with enemy target priority (if you aren't taking Blasterborn then you can just run 3 units of 3 infiltrating)
>2 can also shoot GEQs pretty decently and can camp on objectives

All of the retarded "no baleblast until you pain token somehow but the pain token is impossible to get because you have no baleblast" shit is gone lel
>>
>>50430518
> Based NIPPLE marines
Ah it was a glorious battle! It's a shame they did not deploy their free deathstrikes wisely, instead trying to use them on singular targets. For Corax and the Emperor!
>>
>>50430749
Yeah, it was pretty bad when they get a free guard army and orbital death strikes and still can't catch us in points. It was amazing.
>>
What a good weapons to put onto crisis battle suits?
>>
>>50430742
One of the most memorable matches I had versus the ork player was fielding all 18 of my bikes. Unfortunately I lost because he completed his week-long secret project of mechanizing his orks. My arrival shattered their local meta since I was the only one with vehicles (I had been told that dark eldar were worthless without their flying cardboard boxes). I ended up forcing the mechanization of the ork player.

I used to use my incubi to carve up MEQs and non-TT/SS termies, or Crisis and Broadsides. But now that cover saves are handed like candy AND I can't even use PGL's to make up for the lack of grenades, I'm wary of using them. A shame, since I loved fielding them in a Drazhar lead army. I even kitbashed that Drazhar.

C'mon GW, just give Incubi their tormentor's rules already and make them count as assault grenades. Or cancelling Overwatch. Or both.
>>
>>50430539
Actually anon that os exactly how I play. DG in 30k can also play like so with fun chem weapons. I'll post my list when I'm home
>>
>>50430712

If you're going to be investing into more guard, don't.

The mortar is bad for two reasons:

First, it only performs well against GEQ and worse, since it uses a small blast with mediocre strength and poor AP. A densely packed squad of Space Marines will likely only take one unsaved wound, and TEQ, MC's, and vehicles walk through it like it's not there.

The second reason this is bad is because a LOT of other Guard stuff does that job. Rank-Firing lasguns can deal with crowds without having to invest the extra points and lack of mobility for a weapons team, and the Wyvern does better than an entire squad of mortars for an almost nonexistent increase in cost.

As far as heavy weapons go, here's your lowdown:
>Conscript Tier
Mortars, for reasons already stated. Heavy Bolters fall here too, since they're outclassed by other weapons for the same cost and appear on almost every vehicle in your motor pool.
>Trooper Tier
The Missile Launcher. It's a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. The Frag round has the same problems as the Mortar, and the Krak round underperforms against vehicles due to poor AP compared to other, more dedicated AT weaponry.
>Kasrkin Tier
The Autocannon. It's better than the Heavy Bolter against literally everything except GEQ, and as I already mentioned you have other weapons to do that job anyway. Unlike the Missile Launcher it uses rate of fire to deal with crowds instead of blasts, and hits at S7, which turns any infantry into paste once they fail their save - and at AP4, most of them will. And unlike the Heavy Bolter, it also works against vehicles.
The Lascannon. There's a reason Space Marines use it all the time. It hits like a train, can oneshot vehicles, and has great range. What's not to like?

Depending on what you want your HWT to do, you'll probably go for one of these two. If you're having your CCS sit out in cover instead of a Chimera, kitbashing or proxying a Master of Ordnance isn't a bad idea either.
>>
Can anyone tell me how long The Devil You Know and Dead In the Water are (both audio dramas by Sandy Mitchell)?

Going on a road trip soon but Black Library doesn't mention their length like newer dramas.
>>
File: Tau - 1480pts.jpg (190KB, 900x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1480pts.jpg
190KB, 900x1001px
New Tau anon here and this is the list i drew up in like 20 minutes. Do me a favor and tell me what i did wrong.
>>
>>50430865

About 1 hour 20 minutes each.

Dead in the Water is the better one if you're torn between choosing.
>>
File: Proposed Purge list.png (237KB, 1029x969px) Image search: [Google]
Proposed Purge list.png
237KB, 1029x969px
>It's got to the point where you can no longer have various fluffy units and have a decent list
I hate that CSM have no barrage weapons
>>
>>50430821
Put the two of same weapon on each suit in the entire squad
Burst cannons for anti GEQ (But fire warriors cover this)
Plasma rifles for TEQ
Fusion Blasters for Vehicle hunting

If you're going to be bad at JSJing away from melee (like when fighting GSC), consider adding maybe one or two flamers if you have points to spare.
>>
>>50430921
>1475 points
Buy sniper rounds for the Kroot, they make them worthwhile.
Split your Pathfinders into two teams of five.
Drop counterfires on the Broadsides, they really don't get much use out of it. Replace with EWOs.
Don't buy more than two guns for any battlesuit because they can only shoot two. The only exception is throwing on a spare flamer every now and again for free overwatch hits.
The FSC Broadsides probably don't need stims but do what you want.

While not optimal you haven't made any glaring mistakes.
>>
>>50430968
sorry the website freaked out on me and i could only do about that many points before losing it all when i had to refresh. But thank you very much for the input i thought i was going to be berated for using kroot. im trying my best to figure out how to use the support systems.
>>
>>50430685
scourges are great, haywire blasters all round, though heat lances can also work, just takes a bit more work
i usually DS my scourges unless theres tons of LOS blocking terrain
triple ravagers is good, though it is expensive for what you get, especially since you oinly get 2 at full BS when you move
reavers are fucking god tier as long as you neutralize any ignores cover with/near their target, but they will gut most targets they get a charge on, units of 6, cluster caltrops. beautiful objective grabbers in maelstrom, especially turn one when they rock out with a 2+ jink save
incubi are alright, but getting into combat can be a chore, only invest in them as a bodyguard for a succubus, in a venom or raider with a webway portal
mandrakes are good at sitting on a objective in ruins and harassing lighter units that deign to come near but should avoid ever exiting their ruins ever
>>
>>50429846
>people is genuinely surprised that the TS as a codex is weaker than the space wolves aka Kelly's chapter
I told you anons, didn't I warned you?
>>
>>50430921
Bretty gud anon, just going to list out what I'd do with those models
>Don't mix weapons on Crisis suits. Always have 2 of the same, and if you add a 3rd weapon it should be a flamer for overwatch.
>Give the commander Iridium armour for survivability
>Give Kroot Sniper rounds
>Split the Pathfinder squad so you can markerlight two enemy squads a turn
>Drop the Bonding Knife ritual on the Broadsides and Crisis suits. It is useless until the squad gets 4 heads or more.
>Drop Counterfire defence systems too, if you're being charged all you're doing is paying a premium just to spite maybe one extra guy.
>Drop Stim on the Broadsides, Railsides are backfield and it's more cost effective to just buy more troops
>Ion Accelerator on the Riptide, you have enough anti infantry going on.
>>
>>50431082
DAILY REMINDER THAT CRISIS SUITS ARE STRICTLY SUPERIOR ORK NOBZ, IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY
> 22 POINTS
> 3+ Armour
> 2 Attacks base
> Better Leadership
> NO MOB RULE, YOUR DUDES DON'T KILL THEMSELVES
> RELENTLESS
> I2
> BS3
>>
>>50431106
Show me in the codex where Crisis suits can buy klaws, I'd happily pay a premium for squads of motherfuckers with pile bunkers for arms.
>>
>>50431082
Bonding knife ritual is required on all units that can take it in a farsight enclave.
>>
>>50431121
> ONAGER GAUNTLET
S10 fucking melee.
>>
>>50431130
>one attack
>one per army
Try again.
>>
>>50431121
fusion blades are almost strictly better than claws
>>
>>50431121

You are more than welcome to ally in a squad of Nobz with Klaws.

They're 43 points with a 6+ armour save.
>>
>>50431129
That's Enclaves? It's not really using any of the Enclaves advantages at the moment to justify it, especially since the regular codex has better signature systems.
>>
>>50431138
>also one per army
>S8 armorbane not S10
>50 fucking points

>>50431141
>Nobz are worse in every way
>but if you want to do this then you'll have to take Nobz as allies
You didn't think this through, did you?
>>
>>50431148
>Dawn Blade Contingent
Never mind, just noticed that.
>>
>>50431167
>also one per army
>S8 armorbane not S10
That's why I said almost. And yeah, multiple attacks at S8 with armorbane > a single S10 attack.
>>
>>50431148
Yea sorry im trying to build new lists so im not that used to everything it has to offer. Any help to take better advantage of what ever im missing out on would be appreciated
>>
>>50431182
It's also a Commander-only option. Are you trying to tell me a Fusion Blades Commander strictly exceeds the melee ability of a Klawboss?
>>
File: 1370436382919.gif (34KB, 972x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1370436382919.gif
34KB, 972x1098px
>flgs owner is super nice
>carry my codex's and dice in a back pack when I go to play warhammer
>owner let's me use the csm codex until my next pay check as long as I ask and put it back on the shelf when I'm done
>accidently put it in my back pack last Monday and walked out of the store
>don't realise I have it in there till Saturday
>mfw
What should I do
I feel like I'll get into some deep shit if I try to return it
>>
>>50431167

Think what through?

You said

>I'd happily pay a premium for squads of motherfuckers with pile bunkers for arms.

Well, you can. Nothing stops you from allying in some Nobz. People don't do it because Nobz are terrible.
>>
>>50431199
Nobz aren't Crisis with klaws, they're Nobz. If Crisis are superior to Nobz in EVERY way, there should be absolutely no reason why I should ever have to take Nobz, because Crisis should be able to do whatever they can do better.

As it stands Crisis cannot have klaws, so drop this meme, however accurate it otherwise is.
>>
>>50431106
>>50431130
>WS 2 (hitting anything with WS 5 on 5+)
>only one attack
>only one per army
>>
>>50430374
Cute grill with a cute spider. I like it.
>>
>>50431197
Just take it back, explain and apologise you autist
Like as you as get into the store go straight to him
>>
>>50431195
>Are you trying to tell me a Fusion Blades Commander strictly exceeds the melee ability of a Klawboss?
Since he's not limited to footslogging, I'm going to say yes. The commander is the one that can actually reach combat.
>>
>>50431197
bring it back to the store and just tell him you accidentially put it in your back, its the truth. tell him also to put the book in the back of his store and that this will be the book you will pay for.
>>
>>50431197
Return it, anon.

You'll only be in bigger trouble if you don't.
>>
>>50431197
Take it back and apologise, you dolt. If he's as nice as he sounds, he'll understand.
>>
>tfw Imperial Agents coming out
Anons, what if we get to play as Arbites?

Bringing law to the galaxy, one dead Lawbreaker at a time.
>>
>>50431214
>ws2
commanders are ws4 you dolt
>>
>>50430480
Or, buy the hammerhead box and use the leftovers to make the devilish a skyray.
>>
>>50430539
As promised here's the list I run.

+++ 1846pts/1850pts +++

++ Combined Arms Detachment - 1105pts ++

+ HQ (435pts) +

Chaos Lord (170pts)
Bike (20pts), Burning Brand (30pts), MoN (15pts), Power Maul (15pts), Sigil of corruption (25pts), Warlord

Daemon Prince (265pts)
Daemon of Nurgle (15pts), Power Armour (20pts), The Black Mace (45pts), Wings (40pts)

+ Troops (670pts) +

Plague Marines (175pts)
Chaos Rhino (35pts), 2x Meltagun (20pts)

3x Plague Marines (165pts)
Chaos Rhino (35pts), 2x Flamer (10pts)

++ The Purge Detachment - 741pts ++

+ HQ (75pts) +

Renegade Command Squad (75pts)
Arch Demagogue with Ordnance Tyrant (30pts)

+ Elites (250pts) +

Renegade Chaos Spawn (55pts)
>Lord goes here

3x Renegade Heavy Ordnance Battery (65pts)
Militia Training (10pts), Earthshaker Cannon

+ Heavy Support (316pts) +

4x Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery (79pts)
Militia Training (10pts), 3x Rapier w/ Additional Crew (69pts)

+ Fortification (100pts) +

Void Shield Generator (100pts) [3x Projected Void Shields (75pts)]
>>
>>50431188
The main draw is to take Crisis suits as Obj Secured troops or to take one of the Eight, but you can't take great advantage of either in the Dawn Blade contingent.

The main differences I can see between this and the regular hunter contingent is

Dawn Blade
>Crisis suits have obj secured
>Get the Earth caste pilot array System for the Riptide
>Killing blow detachment rule (More damaging to secretly predetermined units for one turn)

Hunter
>Don't have to take bonding knife
>Get to take regular Signature systems like Iridium armour
>Coordinated firepower rule (can share markerlights and become more accurate if more units share markerlights)

Dawn Blade feels better if you have a solid game plan and can confidently destroy your priorities each turn. Hunter is more versatile but depends on you laying more Markerlights to work.
>>
>>50431251
>what if we get to play as Arbites?
they're not in the book

Arbites play as a lite version of sisters+inquisition. Bolters, 4+ saves, lots of special weapon carriers in transports and little else. Possibly a token assault unit with shock batons and dogs. Fairly boring.

They're quite interesting in necromunda, which is where you should be playing them.
>>
>>50431277
FSE can't take The Eight individually now. If you want to use one of them you have to use all of them.

Per the errata they can also take relics from the FSE list AND the Tau Empire list, so Fusion Blades + Iridium is a thing that can happen. The same FAQ made it possible for Riptides to take the ECPA again, so it's definitely legit.

If you're playing FSE it's to spam Crisis in a CAD or use the relics. The decurion is only okay.
>>
>>50431285
>they're not in the book
Sadness. Just squat Sisters already and give me my Judge Dredd army.
>>
>>50431277
actual according to the farsight enclave supplement i get to take iridium armour
>>
File: 1443041153174.gif (941KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1443041153174.gif
941KB, 350x280px
>>50431106
Dammit, why is this meme so strong?
>>
>>50431268

Cool, thanks anon! Lots in there to consider, I appreciate you posting it since it contains some stuff I hadn't thought of
>>
>>50431197
Just fucking pay for it
>>
>>50431296
>Just squat Sisters already
I for one, wish this to happen simply to hear the miniscule fanbase's collective REEEEEEEEEEEEs.
>>
>>50431277
Have you not played farsight since this edition? Eight only come together, and FSE can take regular Sig systems.
>>
>>50430862
remind me, did they every clear up the interaction between mortar, master of ordinance, and multiple barrage?
>>
>>50431296
arbites don't really work in the main game

Give me plastic arbites to use in necromunda, though. That's something I want and would pay top dollar for.
>>
>giant mech suits can move 6", shoot all their shit, and move again because MUH TECHNALAGEE
>Deldar ravagers that move more than 6" can only shoot 2 guns
>>
>>50431322
When it turns out that they aren't getting new models and the update is just deleting discontinued models from their list the tears will be delicious.
>>
>>50430320
>what is dreadnaught drop pod
DSing next to WK and staying inside is actually not that bad idea.
>>
>>50431313
Keen so see what you end up with!
>>
>>50431285
>>50431340
>Bring back Necromunda
FTFY.
>>
>>50431345
I bet you don't use coasters either
>>
>>50431351
well, yeah

They could just dump the old necromunda bulkheads onto the online shop and I'd probably buy a dozen immediately.
>>
>>50431345
That would be boner inducing.

As Khorne is the Lord of Rage, I shall be empowered by their salty tears.
>>
>>50431260
you fucktard said:
>DAILY REMINDER THAT CRISIS SUITS ARE STRICTLY SUPERIOR ORK NOBZ, IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY
> 22 POINTS
> 3+ Armour
> 2 Attacks base
> Better Leadership
> NO MOB RULE, YOUR DUDES DON'T KILL THEMSELVES
> RELENTLESS
> I2
> BS3

dont switch back on the commander coz you lost the argument. commanders are also 85 points
>>
>>50430510
Sadly, severing wounds dont spread. It says "model", not "models" or "unit".
>>
Grey Knight player, building a paladin squad.

Debating swords versus Halberds

Unit of 5, Daemonhammer, Apothecary, 2 Psycannons, 4 Swords

345 Points

Unit of 6, Daemonhammer, Apothecary, 2 Psycannons, 5 Halberds

410 Points

Are halberds worth their 2 points? Strength 7 with hammerhand seems pretty great.

Also, is the Nemesis Banner worth its cost? I worry that it makes a single model too expensive but it does provide a nice buff for the paladin squad.
>>
Ok anons with your advice i changed up my list to now be a bit better. Now i need to know if i should keep it as a Dawnblade contingent or if i should change it to a normal Hunter contingent.
>>
>>50431405
Depends on the meta and what else you're bringing.
>>
>>50431388
>implying that was me
only commanders can take onager gauntlets, though
>>
File: Tau - 1850pts.jpg (225KB, 900x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1850pts.jpg
225KB, 900x1126px
>>50431414
Forgot the image
>>
File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>ork player puts nobz in Gorkanaut
>it gets super close to my riptide so I blow it up
>nobz emergency disembark
>next turn
>miss all my shots at the nobz
>nobz kill rip tide with their op armor saves and strength
Orks need to be fucking nerfed
My battle suits shouldn't be able to get get killed by an overgrown retarded piece of fungus
Also fuck my lgs for its house rule of preferred enemy unpainted models
I'll paint them when I fucking feel like it
>>
>>50431444
Frogposters deserve everything bad happening to them.
>>
Space marine chapter themes?
White scars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCzFFrMM9I&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>50431423
nope, every shas'vre can do aswell (32 points)
>>
>>50431419
That's true of everything, unfortunately it doesn't help me decide on what to do.
>>
File: nicebait.png (9KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
nicebait.png
9KB, 500x501px
>>50431444
>>
>>50430059
Hold the fucking phone, what comes with a d-fish, pathfinders, stealth suits, a missleside, ghostkill and buffmander?? New bundle??
>>
>>50431444
even if the scenario would be true. the nobs cannot assault in their turn after the gorkanaught blew up in your turn. since its not a assault vehicle (read it up, its true)
>>
>>50431532
actually, the only time they can assault out of it is if it explodes
>>
>>50431532
>reading comprehension
>>
Disembarkation Restrictions
After disembarking, models can manifest their psychic powers and either shoot or Run in
their subsequent Shooting phase, counting as having moved that turn, but they cannot
declare a charge in their subsequent Assault phase. If a unit disembarks from a destroyed
vehicle during the enemy turn, it cannot charge in the Assault phase of its own turn
unless the destroyed vehicle had the Assault Vehicle special rule.
>>
>>50431550
>>50431559
>talking about reading comprehension
>cant fucking read themselves

If a unit disembarks from a destroyed
vehicle during the enemy turn, it cannot charge in the Assault phase of its own turn
>>
>>50430411
My local Games Workshop had a policy where all unpainted models were considered to have -1 to all their stats (and their guns stats) for the purpose of apocalypse games.
>>
File: GEE_5c5a34_432679.jpg (25KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
GEE_5c5a34_432679.jpg
25KB, 381x380px
So Anons what are you doing with the money you got refunding your 1KS preorders?

Me? Some Black Friday stuff and Christmas presents for friends and family
>>
>>50431583
It appears you can't read
>anon blows up Gorkanaut
>next turn happens
>riptide fires weapons at disembarked nobz
>misses all his shots
>goes onto the ork players turn
>the nobz charge
>>
>>50431631
the nobz cannot charge in their own turn after the vehicle blew up in the tau players turn.

read this sentence from the BRB:
If a unit disembarks from a destroyed

for some clarifications : replace "enemy turn" with "tau turn" and "of its own turn" with "ork turn"

>beeing this retarded
>>
>>50431672
They charged him the game turn after the Gorkanaut blew up you illiterate retard
>>
File: Blackmane_Sigil.png (25KB, 364x291px) Image search: [Google]
Blackmane_Sigil.png
25KB, 364x291px
>>50431620

Getting BoP and building a space wolves army, then perhaps converting some wulfen by removing their weird legs for some armored legs.
>>
>>50431691
>still beeing not able to understand the fucking rulebook text

>the tau destroy the vehicle in their turn
>orc turn comes up, they cannot assault in their turn because its not allowed unless it is a assault vehicle/open topped
>another tau turn happens
>orc player is at his turn again. NOW he can charge.
>>
>>50431620
Why pre order if you give a fuck what their rules are?
>>
>>50431715
Which is what happens in the story.
>>
>>50431620
i am happy with them and i spend 550€ on it
>>
>>50431715
When I said game turn I meant game turn not player turn you illiterate hick

Also
>beeing
>>
>>50431692
You too. >>50431726
>>
People bitching about 1KSons not being Eldar level OP bullshit.

God forbid we actually have fun games.

The only reason people aren't happy with this hobby is themselves and the people with whom they associate.
>>
People forget that 8th Edition is coming and there will be a lot of changes.

Pick an army you like overall, not because it's powerful now. Rules change.
>>
>people who actually used Thousand Son models are happy with the update and new models
>csm players who never took them because 1d4chan said they're bad are unhappy with them not eldar level
>>
>>50431756
It's disingenuous to imply that there aren't any flaws with 40k as a game.
>>
>>50431726

To be fair, their points cost is absurd.
>>
>>50431778
Yes, but why pre-order before you know the rules if you're going to change your mind once you find out the rules are bad?

It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>50431756
People seem far too obsessed with the official rules, they forget that the beauty of the hobby is that you can make your own rules, like this.
>>
>>50431776
All games are flawed. Most of the flaws can be fixed by acting like a decent human being and playing with other nice people.

I play 40k over Warmahordes because those people are way too far in the other direction.

I watch them play games and they insist on using flat "terrain" so that it doesn't interfere with placing models or making tactical decisions.

I'd rather play an imperfect game like 40k that focuses more on fun, narrative campaigns than a game that focuses more on "HARDCORE TOURNAMENTS"

You're never going to get balance. War is asymmetrical. If winning is really that important then choose Eldar and call it a day.
>>
>>50431809
>I watch them play games and they insist on using flat "terrain" so that it doesn't interfere with placing models or making tactical decisions.

Is this like the person I saw in here objecting to lots of terrain because it stopped them shooting and slows down the game?
>>
>>50431809
Games may be flawed, but that isn't an excuse to not try and then make me pay for it.
>>
>>50431819
The way war machine players are obsessed with competitive play, they don't even need models. They can (and often do) just use blank bases to represent a particular model.
It's so far in the other direction from 40k that I wonder why they even bother with models at all.

If you look at modeling, converting, and painting as a chore - chances are I don't want to play against you because it's a pretty clear indication that you care about winning more than playing.
>>
>>50431827
They obviously do try, they just aren't doing what YOU want. That's what you're really saying isn't it? That you're unhappy with the decisions the game designers made.
>>
>>50431853
Myself and the people I play with. At this point we don't even use GW's rules at all, as they actively work against having a fun game.
>>
>>50431853
Not him, but yes I think Games Workshop's game designers are assclowns who don't know what their doing, and make rules more based on tradition than what would be fun to play as or against.

Basically I'm playing homebrew for another 5 years, but at least the models are nice.
>>
File: Big Al Bundy.gif (2MB, 193x153px) Image search: [Google]
Big Al Bundy.gif
2MB, 193x153px
>>50431844
>>
>>50431756

GSC had actually given me hope that GW's rules writers had turned a corner, which in turn gave me hope that 8th Edition might not just fix my Orks, but also the game in general.

TSons shows that this was a completely unfounded belief and that the rules writers are their same old inconsistent self. On the one hand they continue to shaft Thousand Sons players because they don't understand how the game they wrote works, and on the other hand give Codex Daemons the most broken unit to exist in a game that already has plenty of contenders for that title.
>>
File: painboy and boss.jpg (150KB, 1349x783px) Image search: [Google]
painboy and boss.jpg
150KB, 1349x783px
>>50431844
I enjoy modeling, I love converting, and I enjoy playing the game.

However I view painting as a chore. I'm not terrible at it, but not great either. I get complements on my models, but I think it's just people being nice. Either way I'd rather spend more time kitbashing and hacking up plasticard into armor plates.

>pic related my two most recently painted models
>>
>everyone bitching about rules

>in 4-5 months time, everything changes

There's not even going to be scatter dice.
>>
>>50431907

That's a bit of a long shot, mass spawning warp charges aren't Wraithknight level broke.l

Hell, in the same book Magnus is far more broken.
>>
>>50431922
Anon, stop fishing.
>>
Dudes, what was the name of those 40k booklets that had a blueish-green cover with gold corners? I need the cover but cant find it :(
>>
Rule number 1 of wargaming is don't be a dick.

You're playing this game with another person who is taking time out of their day to play a game with you. Your objective should be to make the experience enjoyable for both of you. If you make a list with the intention of "oh boy I can't wait to table the poor son of a bitch" stop, start over.
>>
>>50429932
P I R A N H A S
I
R
A
N
H
A
S
>>
>>50431853
Dude, lots of the new GW stuff is clearly not playtested. This is inexcusable.
>>
>>50431976
What exactly did you want? Play testing how?

I play Grey Knights and Blood Angels. I love assault armies even though assault is much worse than ranged combat.

What did you want from them?
>>
>>50431907
A friend and I have planned a 1500pt game of Thousand Sons vs Genestealer Cults in a week's time - I'll let you know how it goes.
>>
>>50431943

Units that generate more units are inherently powerful, because you get points for free. High points cost might negate that, but that hasn't been the case thus far.

Brimstone Horrors however are completely ridiculous. 3 points for a 5++ save Objective Secured pseudo-Fearless model is utterly bonkers.

Comparing Wraithknights to Horrors of any variety though isn't an even comparison. Both help you win the game, just in different ways. The Wraithknight is an underpriced heavy hitter that can delete anything in the game. Horrors generate you the psychic fuel that you use to win the game, and sit on objective points for you, which also wins you the game. Both excel in different ways, both are broken, I just feel that Horrors are more broken than Wraithknights.
>>
>>50431990
Expect the new edition to have a reserves/summoning system like in AoS.
>>
Do Space Marine jump packs fit on the MKIV or MKIII kits? They look similar enough.
>>
>>50431982
As in get together groups of experienced players to play with the rules before you print them, and then see what works, what doesn't work and what works too well.
>>
>>50432010
they do
>>
I accidentally dropped into this general from my regular general where are the anime shitposters in this general?, but I figure I might as well ask while I'm here, are you guys only about the wargame, or do you sometimes talk about RPGs like Dark Heresy, Only War and Rogue Trader?
>>
>>50431928
i cant tell if you actually think this or if you're trolling,. can you clarify
>>
>>50430410

As other anons have said your choices really are the Grotesquery, Dark Artisan or Corpse thief.
I've just finished building my grots and have a 1750 tournament coming up I'm going to run them in so I'll reserve judgement but they never let me down pre-coven supplement.
Dark Artisan is awesome especially with Web way to pinpoint it, make sure to position the cronos up front so he tanks the wounds, his ap 3 flamer is very nice when landing too.
Corpsetheif I find a little clumsy but it definitely makes a huge distraction and can win you some decent points in games, as I say the biggest benefit you'll find is that your reavers/venoms/raiders will get ignored in favour of this 600 point beast.

Scourges with haywire are awesome when you don't have to foot slog them across the board or they don't mishap every time you try and deepstrike, I'll get back to you on that one. For an additional 20-30 points you get 6 reaver jet bikes, 2 heatlance/blasters and d12 caltrops worth of str 6 hammer of wrath, that barring ignores cover have much higher survivability. I love the models though so I'll find a way to make them work
>>
>>50432043
There's a separate general for the RPGs.
>>
>>50432054
I actually think this.
>>
>>50432031
neat, thanks
>>
>>50432063
Thanks anon, I'm actually retarded.
>>
>>50430961

Don't they get access to some through forgeworld?
>>
File: 1462290672740.jpg (35KB, 395x389px) Image search: [Google]
1462290672740.jpg
35KB, 395x389px
>>50432043
Don't worry we are around
>>
>>50431774
Thank you Mr. Kelly.

now go and stay go
>>
>>50429930
>ETTSD
who
>>
>>50432244
Text to Speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8Six9qpcA&list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA

Aka effective canon
>>
Hey guys, in a few weeks I'll be getting my first models, I'm going to go Imperial Fist Space Marines, I know this thread pretty much gets bombarded with players seeking advice, and I was wondering if pic related is a good way to get started rather then buying a "Start Collecting" box.
>>
>>50432289

Terminators and landraider aren't used much at the moment because of balancing making them weak choices, everything else looks fine especially if you make those marines into sterngard or something.

Everything in the box will be fun to craft and paint (drop pods are super fun) so go wild buddy
>>
So i'm looking to get an allied Deathwatch force for my SM custom chapter, i'm getting 2 boxes of the Kill Teams and 1 Librarian in Power Armour. Already got a Drop Pod for them to ride in.

Now, how should I kit these out? I'm torn between:

Mixed Squad: 4 Boltgun/Power Swords, 3 Shotgun/Power Mauls, 1 Sarge with Boltgun/Xenophase and a Blackshield with Heavy Thunder Hammer, or...

Full Melee: 4 Power Sword/Hand Flamer, 4 Power Maul/Storm Shield, Blackshield with Heavy Thunder Hammer, Sarge with Hand Flamer/Xenophase.

I'm very open to changing these, that's just what I had so far. The rest of my chapter is *very* melee-focused and has a tonne of Jump Pack Infantry and Librarians (enough for every squad I own in 5000pts to have one attached), if that helps with context.
>>
>>50432289
Unless you are completely sure about this, a Start collecting would be better imo. Its easy to get overwhelmed with such a Big box, speaking of experience
>>
>>50432344

Sorry, that should be 3 with Maul/Shield, not 4. Can only take 9 with the attached Libby.
>>
>>50429913
>score 8.5 on dakka dakka

Im ded
>>
>>50432333
>>50432345

Thank you both, I'm not worried about getting overwhelmed, I've spent a lot of time thinking about this, originally I was going to play Tau but I like the look of the SM more, even though some of the models are underpowered in the meta, they'll still look nice on parade at least.

Also, I'm lucky to have friends that brought me into the hobby, the two biggest players are an Imperial Guard and a Dark Mechanicus player, though, we do have someone who plays Orks but he doesn't have his Codex yet nor has he painted up the models, long story short, I have people who can physically teach me some of the more difficult aspects of the hobby.

Once again, thank you both.
>>
>>50431798
That's great if you just play with your friends and they're into that level of house rules. I don't think that's the norm for most people though.
>>
File: IMG_20161123_214333.jpg (5MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161123_214333.jpg
5MB, 4640x2610px
I've got my 2nd game with my Khorne Daemonkin army against iron fists. The only models I have are:
1 chaos Lord with plasma pistol and power maul
8x bezerkers with rhino
8 cultists
8 bloodletters
Hellbrute from DV
Magnetised forgefiend or maulerfiend.

How can I not tabled /tg/?
>>
>>50432550
More dogs and bikers
>>
>>50432560
That's the plan long term but with the models I have is there any way I'm not fucked for tonight?
>>
>>50431297
>>50431324
>>50431293
>Suddenly realizing that my Tau friend hasn't played any 40k games since before Mont'ka.
>Realizing we're all feeling the grinding change of working
Fuck, real life sure snuck up.
>>
>>50432568
Use cover
>>
How much better is the game if everyone doesn't spam metal bawkses?
>>
>>50431424
>2 squads with Markerlights
Dawn Blade it is, Hunter contingent will be missing out once your pathfinders die.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (192KB, 900x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
192KB, 900x1186px
hey fa/tg/uys, judge my army plox
>>
File: Pyschosister.jpg (139KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
Pyschosister.jpg
139KB, 1024x575px
>>50431296
>>50431322
>>50431345
>>50431367

>the last thing you see when sister release
>>
>>50432606
Looks like a decent list to me. Is it for a fun game, or a competitive game?

Also, what army building program did you do that list in, or is that something you made yourself. Looking for a new army builder after the Battlescribe creator went full homo... Never go full homo.
>>
>>50432606
gimme a link to this please
>>
>>50431232
This.
>>
How do I get into Warhammer?

My only experience with it is Warhammer: Invasion and some vidya I played with my previous roommate.
>>
>>50432678
Have a look at the armies, see what you like the look of, read up on them, get a codex for it, buy models.
>>
>>50432678

Decide what models you like the of.

Buy a copy of the 40k 7th edition rule book, templates, dice and a codex box for the army you have chosen.

Buy a start collecting box for said army. If one does not exist, buy a hq and two troop choices.

Buy a set of clippers, a modelling knife, plastic glue.

Buy a few brushes. Usually a medium size dry brush, a medium base brush, and a small brush for fine details.

Get the basic paints you need, and watch some painting tutorials on YouTube. This will give you an idea of how many paints you'll need, as well as some basic skills.

Then go and have fun.
>>
>>50432472
Dark Mechanicus? Does he just use the Admech books or has he converted everything? Been thinking about adding some Chaos to my Admech.

Also termies and a Land Raider really aren't too bad against stuff like Orks and Guard, both fairly/really low tier codexes. SM are top tier, you can afford some suboptimal choices.
Against Admech, don't even bother with the LR or Termie squad though. They'll crunch them both quicker than than they will a 10 man tactical squad. Can't really recommend anything else, since I don't play Space Marines, but if you know what the Admech guy was using in his games I can tell you what level of power you'll need to fight him.

What chapter were you thinking of painting/playing, anyway? They have rather different playstyles.
>>
>>50432750
Dark Mechanicum, thank you. Not Mechanicus.
>>
>>50432655
>>50432659
sure thing compañero, it is a web aplication but i really like battlescribe better

>>
>>50432789

Thank anon. Much appreciated.
>>
>play the army you like the look of, they said
>it'll be fine, they said
>favorite armies thematics wise are Tyranids, Orks, DEldar
>never win
>ever
>>
>>50432874
Maybe its just me that i cant play for shit, but i got lots of fun games where i had my ass handed by nids and orks.

also the dark eldar are pretty good, you just need to understand how to play them.
>>
>>50432874
>Build DE models
>Use Corsair rules since the Duke isn't around anymore
Easy fix, but as an old archon i feel you pain
>>
Do Hellhounds and Sentinels have a place in IG armies? I want to make a fully mechanized guard army revolving around chimeras, vets, kasrkin in valkyries, hellhounds, a lot of sentinels, and a few russes

Also, are bane blade variants better or macharius variants? I'm eyeing a macharius vanquisher or a hellhammer
>>
>>50432894

Sentinels are a pretty good way of packing heavy weapons into an aggressive mech list. Hellhounds can be situationally great. Magnetize both of them so you can switch weapons.
>>
>>50432889

>understand how to play them
>just take 20 Talos xDxDxD
>>
>>50432916
almost as bad as the "nids aren't bad" faggots

>just take 20 flyrants!
>>
>tfw abandoning the concept of even trying to be competitive
>tfw fielding units you'd never field before
>tfw said units are fun as hell

Why did I never try Death Company Dreads or SangGuard before.
>>
>>50432750
Imperial Fists.

He uses a lot of Imperial Knights which he has converted, heavily mechanised, no Skitarii infantry to my knowledge but he has a few Dunecrawlers and other AdMech vehicles and such unconverted, the only thing converted are the Knights I believe, he also sprinkles in a few Daemons, I don't have a good understanding of the Tabletop Rules so I'm not sure if he is allowed to do this.

IG dude is almost the polar opposite, five platoons of men relying on swarm tactics, he's the dude who would try and outnumber Tyranids, he has Knights, though not as many as DMech dude.

Our player base has been planning a massive get together where everyone brings everything, its certainly going to be fun watching the Imperium arm wrestle with Chaos while the united Xenos cower in the corner(we only have about two Xenos players who actually have models)
>>
Ok, I'm probably getting a Baneblade variant of some kind to add to my armies come Christmas.
Thing is, I've never magnetised a model before, and I would like to get as much as possible out of the model, given that it's a tad expensive.

Is magnetising models a simple enough process?
I can follow a YouTube tutorial as well as the next man, but I'd like to know if I am likely to horrifically maul my first ever Superheavy if I screw it up at all.
>>
>>50432916
did i ever said you should play like that? i dont even have a single fucking talos.

but yeah, its not my fault if you play with autistic waacfags who play an army of just one unit.
>>
>>50432958
Sorry, let me fix it

>just take 20 Venoms xDxDXD
>>
How do I take an allied Skitarii detatchment, when they don't have HQs?
>>
What will Cadia do about the space wolves refugee crisis? I, for once, do not want those smelly unwashed barbarians on my planet.
>>
>>50432996
Take the skitarii maniple in their rule book
>>
>>50430371
>FATMAN
Needs rollerskates.
>>
File: 1479733906447.jpg (756KB, 1210x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1479733906447.jpg
756KB, 1210x1620px
I got a thousand son lore question, ok so everyone knows ahriman casted the rubric of ahriman to stop all mutation on his fellow brothers but doing so made all non psykers turn to dust in this armor. so my question is, if this stopped all mutation then why da fuck does the exalted sorcerers of the thousand sons have mutation?
>>
>>50432874

>play Deldar and Nids
>win as much as I lose
>take lists I like rather than WAAC even though my friends are all WAAC fags
>you just need to git gud
>>
>>50433029
Those mutations are beneficial mutations granted by Tzeentch I would assume
>>
>>50432961

Gunboats are viable now anon, get with the times. Also the list of non use able models isn't that big if you know what you're doing with them.

What else did you expect? You play MSU armies
>>
>>50433044
hmm i guess so
>>
>>50433029
He stopped geneseed mutations.

Also

>why isn't a spell cast by a mortal strong enough to stop mutations from the literal god of magic?

GEE I FUCKIN WONDER
>>
File: 1478863802529.jpg (28KB, 508x504px) Image search: [Google]
1478863802529.jpg
28KB, 508x504px
>>50433088
don't get your panties in a twist
>>
why haven't the formations leaked yet?

why are there literally people who already have the most anticipated thing in forever and they haven't leaked it?

do they not understand how much (You) they'd rake in?
>>
File: 1281378265462 (1).jpg (28KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1281378265462 (1).jpg
28KB, 344x341px
>Anon please don't use Necron Decurion or Canoptek harvest or Destroyer Cult
o-ok, will you not be using Chapter Tactics or formations either?
>Of course I will, what are you some waacfag?
>>
>>50433116
People wanted Wrath of Magnus to play Thousand Sons. They got the book and realized that it did fuckall to actually make Thousand Sons even remotely viable, so they lost all interest. Better that we unprivileged masses harbor hope for a few more days than have our dreams dashed upon the rocks.
>>
>>50433136
Well, not a same thing. If you exclude some marine units then space marines are pretty fluffbunny-tier army.
>>
>>50433116
They have leaked. Go find them.

>>50433141
People who want to play TSons are loving this, you're wrong.
>>
>>50433136
Chapter Tactics are an innate rule. Asking him not to use them would be more analogous to asking you not use Reanimation Protocols.

The formation thing is likely kinda bullshit, but it's entirely possible that he's running really shitty formations/load-outs that would still result in a fun game.

As usual, the answer is to act like an adult and talk to your opponent about your and his concerns and find a mutually satisfactory solution.
>>
>>50433141
>They got the book and realized that it did fuckall to actually make Thousand Sons even remotely viable

idk man magnus looks like wraithknights on steroids
>>
>>50433147

>People who want to play TSons are loving this, you're wrong.

Until they get to the tabletop and are brutally whipped around again and again with their wincingly expensive units.
>>
>>50433156
Problem is Magnus is TOO good and no one in their right mind will let you actually run him, so he might as well be deleted outside of fun fucking around apoc games.

Everything else that's left is super expensive points-wise, and entirely reliant on randomly generated psychic powers. You need to be playing a 2500 point game before you can even use the one of the Formation special rules for the core Formations in the Decurion.
>>
>>50433147
There have been multiple people in these threads who already own Thousand Sons lamenting the fact that baseline Thousand Sons are still as hideously overpriced and ineffectual as ever. Scarab Occult aren't that much better either. Their shooting is okay, but their melee is pretty pisspoor for the price-point.
>>
>>50433136

I play a marine player who is exactly like this. It sucks, but you meet people like this anywhere you go.
>>
>>50433172
No, they aren't that bad. They're solidly mid tier.

>>50433180
Very small minority.
>>
>>50433178
>Magnus is TOO good,
Tell that to the D
>>
>>50432874
>play the army you like the look of, they said
>it'll be fine, they said

I love Mechanicus. And Admech-affliated Knights who are little more than brainwashed cyborgs.

So I play War Convocation. And thus, i have no friends.

IA14 when I want to play again!
>>
>>50433178
Post your battle report proof plz
>>
>>50433200
its pretty hard to D him out of the sky.
>>
>>50433180
>pretty piss-poor for the price point
Nice alliteration bro
>>
>>50433192
>Very small minority.
According to you. We'll see what the minority opinion is once people start sitting down and realizing that Thousand Sons still can't do jack-shit on the table despite their exorbitant cost.
>>
>>50433141
I wasn't disappointed with what we have seen so far. But then, I'm not a competitive player, and neither are the people I play against.

I can understand why some people would be upset, though.
>>
>>50431496

FAQ screwed using Force and Hammerhand together.

Bring halberds.
>>
>>50433146

>My formations are fluffy, but yours aren't!

Don't be a massive faggot.
>>
>>50431444
No KEK, you are the bait.
>>
>>50432512
I actually often get away with using my own rules for pickup games with strangers, even in official GW stores.

The fact that I always bring a 30k Mechanicum army as an alternative might have something to do with that though.
>>
>>50431692
If you remove their legs, can you send them to me please?
Providing you are UK.
>>
>>50433270
Decurion or Canoptek harvest or Destroyer Cult are Necron cheese. If necron cant bring them, SM cant bring their cheese either. Both can bring they shitty formations and have a blast.
>>
>>50433284
Yeah, people are a lot more amenable to playing CSM with some minor tweaks when the alternative is a Warpflame Host with FMC support.
>>
>>50433303
>If necron cant bring them, SM cant bring their cheese eithe

That was the entire point being made.
>>
>>50432606
Put in in a format that's not a pain to read and I will.
>>
>>50433313
...Oh, true. Fuck I've been up for almost 40 hours now this is unhealthy.

Time to design some Rough Rider lists!
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (79KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
79KB, 640x360px
>tfw can't decide between Necrons or Admech
>>
>>50433323
That's not hard to read, Anon.
>>
>>50433351
Check your privilege, able-minded scum.
>>
>>50431345
I'm a SoB player and I like the cut of your jib.
>>
>>50433363
Are you even trying? Welcome to /TG/ newfag
>>
>>50429846
pleasse some one explain to me, Chaos Traitor Legions rules will come on the wrath of magnus book? or is another book coming out?
>>
>>50433447
>mad obvious joke
>/TG/
>calling others newfags

no john you are the newfags
>>
>>50433526
>falling for the /TG/ gag
>Getting mad over obvious bait
>calling others newfags
First time getting trolled? :^)
>>
File: Spammy Crons 2k.png (171KB, 805x969px) Image search: [Google]
Spammy Crons 2k.png
171KB, 805x969px
Shame i'd never play it
>>
File: 1348764844816[1].png (2KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
1348764844816[1].png
2KB, 244x226px
>>50433566
You sure got me xDD
>>
>>50433566
>>50433526
>>50433447
>>50433363
https://youtu.be/m2ZQxEzqA5s?t=76
>>
>>50433645
This is now a cringe thread
>>
>>50433136
I got this from a necron player.
>only want to place three pieces of terrain tops
>asks me not to bring my stompa or gaz in 1850pt or higher.
>asked me not to bring flyers
>shows frustration when i want to roll for witch direction we fight(long way vs shot ways)
>insists we play long way

I finally won a game when I place a avrage amount of terrain on the table.
>>
File: Best Waifu.png (2MB, 1041x924px) Image search: [Google]
Best Waifu.png
2MB, 1041x924px
Why is your legion better than mine /tg/?
>>
>>50433700

Because my legion has Renaissance Space Jesus.
>>
Any word on how much the Relics and new weapons cost for Thousand Sons? Trying to figure out how much kit I can throw on the Scarab Occult at 1000 points and whether the Astral Grimoire is viable at that point level.
>>
>>50433694
Who is he to you?
Friend
Educational peer
Colleague
Random guy in a GWS / FLGS?

If it's the last one, just don't play him any more.
You can tell him why and he can falsely accuse you of being a sore loser. Or you can just say you'd rather not and save yourself hassle.

Doesn't sound like he's worth playing unless he's close to you, you have to put up with him in your daily life or he's the only other person who is local to play warhammer with.
>>
>>50433716
All your sons are crazy mutants and should be exterminated. Next!
>>
>>50433672
Well I must say that was an epic first post right their!
Truly cringey!
>>
>>50433700

>The actual arch heretic who ruined the Galaxy because he couldn't handle not being a chosen scion of the gods

What a whiny piece of fuck.
>>
What's the deal with the Wolves Wolfs? Are they Fenris only or would it make sense for a Successor chapter to have some too?
>>
>>50432951
Ok then, the Skitarii medium infantry excel at their jobs, but without those he will have a very low model count on the whole. Bring big guns and anti-tank, and try to focus on eliminating one or two units per turn. If you have to, throw some Tactical squads at the Knights and try to tie it up for a turn, but since on average you have a 45℅ chance of breaking after the Knight chops at you don't rely on it.
He is allowed to add daemons, but he has to deploy 12" away from them and if his units are within 6" of a demon or vice versa, he has to roll a die at the start of turn. On a 1, that unit can't act for the turn.

Dunecrawlers are badass, they are the best anti-aircraft in the game and pack some nasty lasers.
Fairly squishy in a group of one or two, shoot them first.
Imp Fists are great vs swarms, add a Whirlwind and just Bolter them down.
Be warned that yellow is the hardest colour to paint, so be prepared for a few messed up tactical marines or a LOT of time spent perfecting the colours.
>>
>>50433737
SW cannot into successors.
>>
File: 1365214713305.jpg (19KB, 184x186px) Image search: [Google]
1365214713305.jpg
19KB, 184x186px
pleasse some one explain to me, Chaos Traitor Legions rules will come on the wrath of magnus book? or is another book coming out?
>>
>>50433743
Why not? Every chapter has to provide gene seed samples as tithe to the High Lords.
>>
>>50431907
>GSC had actually given me hope that GW's rules writers had turned a corner,

wew lad
>>
>>50433764
Yeah and SW geneseed only works on people from Fenris. Look up the wolf brothers if you'd like to know more.
>>
>>50433763

Another book.
>>
>>50433771
People have been shillposting about how Rowntree is going to fix everything for over a year now. It's not surprising that people actually drank the Kool-aid.
>>
>>50433723
He's a friend and he wants to play atleast one time a week. Now that we play at my house on my table we play by my rules witch I only follow the book. The last game we had I think it made him see that a close game is more fun. He'll learn with time.
>>
>>50433723
>>50433694
Other you could play him at his own game with the longest range guns you have.
>double CAD, big meks with force fields, shokk attack guns, minimum slugga squads with big shootas
>outflanking minimum sized squads of kommandos with rockets/burnas for anything hiding backfield
>dakka jets with super shootas for fast attack
>lootas and mek gunz everywhere, kustom kannonz, lobbas, traktors if he tries to bring a flyer
>everything in your army has at least a 36" range
>play long with no terrain
>>
If I want to get into Skitarri/admech where do I go after getting the start collecting pack. (Also not that guy who can't make up his mind.)
>>
>>50433772
The problem here is that the Wolves have some cool units but I think their colour scheme is arse.

Wat do.
>>
>>50433829

Make your own successor.
>>
>>50433829
Wolf Lords have a good deal of autonomy. Create your own reason as to why your guy changed their paint job. Honouring a victory or a mighty deed got drunk and lost a bet. Maybe someone who knows the SW fluff better might even know an example of this.
>>
>>50430146
No, it's not true. In the old rules Khorne was the only god they could get marks from, in Storm of Iron there is a heavily khornate IW dude with his company of berzerkers, and IW went down the path of a lust for blood and giving no mercy assaulting like World Eaters to leave the trench work. So khorne makes a lot of sense.
>>
>Thousand Sons detachment lets each psyker cast one additional power
>all of them are losing their primaris and quite possibly one additional power to the Discipline of Tzeentch
That's not much of a benefit at all.
>>
>>50433700
You don´t know what to expect from us because you don´t know jack shit about us. Hell, neither we know anything about ourselves, mate.
>>
>Thousand Sons Grand Coven
>War Cabal
Thousand Sons (5)- Rhino- 185
Scarab Occult- Additional Mastery Level, Spell Familiar- 290
2x Sorcerer- Spell Familiar, Additional Mastery Levelx2- 140x2= 280
>The Exiled
Ahriman- 230
2x Sorcerer- Spell Familiar, Additional Mastery Levelx2- 140x2= 280
>Tzaangor Warherd
3x Tzaangor- 70x3- 210

Total is 1475. Probably just buy the Missile Launcher for the Scarab Occult. Plan would be to infiltrate the Scarab Occult with a Sorcerer and as many Tzaangor as possible. Cabal Sorcerers ride with their formation units, the Exiled all hide with the Tzaangors unless I Death Star it up with the Scarab Occult.
>>
>>50433825
Select a unit that isn't Electro-priests, Ironstriders, Ruststalkers or Rangers. Buy however many you want. One Ranger squad is good, one Ironstrider is OK (not the Dragoons, those are awesome) only ever get 5 Ruststalkers and 5 Infiltrators max.

Everything else is awesome and fine with most armies. Add a Knight for extra fluffiness.
I love the Admech books in that nearly any unit can be used well apart from Electro-priests if you don't care about power level that much. Electro-priests just suck at everything.
>>
>>50433829
>>50433865
Companies are huge and not codex complient, so you have the right to paint them in whatever scheme you want.
Mine are Greyscale with Red shoulders and gold trim for elits and HQ.
>>
>>50431620
Took my mom to a nice brunch for her birthday in the Hancock Building yesterday, still debating on Thousand Sons. Might hold off until January.
>>
>>50433088
So basically you're a shitcunt.
>>
>>50433925

Seems very easy to table.

Also what are you even going to accomplish with those Psyker powers? You don't really have anything to hit with the top end buffs, so you're kinda gonna be stuck witchfiring a lot.

And I don't know if you've noticed, but the number of cost effective witchfires in the game isn't very long.
>>
>>50430241
>>50430241
According to red shirt at my gw he has traitor legions and imperial agents scheduled to release at the same time.
>>
>>50433953
Are the dune crawlers worth enough to just buy a second get started pack?. 1 pack of rangers 1 pack of vangaurd 1 (2?) dominus and 2 dune crawlers? or what about the kastelan?
>>
>>50431620
How do I refund? full serious here.
>>
Is there any leak of the 1Ksons rules? I see you guys discussing about it, but I don´t see them.
>>
>>50434063
B-b-but people on /tg/ said Thousand Sons were totally viable.

Yeah, it's not really feasible. Probably shift Ahriman into the Cabal, drop the other two Sorcerers, and add a CAD with a Paradox Herald and 33 Pink Horrors.
>>
>>50434115

>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR HOW DO I GOOGUL HUDRRRRRRRRRRRRRDUNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No leak at all, friend
>>
>>50433265
it wasnt the FAQ. it was retards who cant read the very first paragraph on the psykers entry who have been reading it wrong
>>
>>50434068
Yes, the onagers are great in groups, because of ther invul rule. I have 3 and the ++4 in tanks is pure love. They truly are great. Also, get dragoons. Buy them to gw, to chinaman, recast them yourself, i dont care. Those sweet monsters for just 45 points each are too good. Also, chicken-mounted knights, because cool.
>>
>>50434333
What?

The rules say nothing about how many powers a psyker can attempt to manifest.
>>
>>50434344
How many dragoons would I need for a good unit?
>>
Is the helbrute dataslate still good to use for it's formations?

It's a bit of a relic of 6th edition (although so's the CSM codex to be fair), but I have three helbrutes and I want to deep strike multi-melta toting chainfist wielding dreads straight into my enemies big guns
>>
>>50434411
>Mastery Levels
>The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his Mastery Level.

page 22 in the rulebook. many just wanted to use some shenanigans to get around that,
>>
>>50433871
No, I meant with the doing what looks cool bit.
>>
>>50434464
What line states what is the limit of powers they can attempt to cast?

'Depends on his mastery level' doesn't tell me anything other than there is some kind of connection.
>>
File: Necron_Cover_Art.jpg (25KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Cover_Art.jpg
25KB, 250x334px
Reminder to disregard Ward's codex ; The C'Tan control the Necrontyr, they wish to plunge the galaxy in silence, the Deceiver manipulated Abaddon to destroy the Blackstone Fortresses, and the Blood Angels NEVER allied with the Necrons.
>>
>>50434344
Not the guy you're talking to but also considering Admech.

Are dragoons useful for anything other than popping tanks? In batreps that's the only thing I see them doing.

Also, why are Electro Priests so bad?

Any chance they'll be at least usable after we get the IA book in March, and are hopefully able to put them into a transport?
>>
>>50434546
They're also good at larger-ish low armored units, or small elite units.
>>
>>50434538

>Blood Angels NEVER allied with the Necrons.

Why do people have the slightest issue with this? It doesn't even conflict the 3rd edition fluff, let alone seem out of character in general.
>>
>>50434538
>wanting Necrons to be a grimdark doomsday faction when there are already Chaos and Tyranids, who cover the doomsday factions much better than Necrons ever did

>not wanting newcrons, who have much more depth to them

>not realizing newcrons allow for both egyptian rusemeister, diplomatic trading, and c'tan-controlled doomsday dynasties to exist

>being blinded by nostalgia
>>
As a Thousand Sons player who started in fifth, I've never had it better. I started at the very lowest and the new rules are NEW.
Sure, they're not powerful. But damn it, they're more powerful than they were, and more importantly there's actually some reason to take them.
>>
>>50434538
why would you want badcrons ?
>>
>>50434505
mastery levels are not based on numbers for a reason.

and also.
>psykers can generate as many powers as their mastery levels allow it.
funny how no one got that wrong. i mean. a ML 1 psyker could roll 6 times on a discipline, right?
>>
>>50434596
>Pre-5th Edition Necron
>A silent and deadly race of Grim Reapers who want to eliminate all sentinent life on the galaxy, descended from the mighty Necrontyr whose arch-enemy is the Old Ones, creating a far larger-scale conflict dating back from thousands of millenias ago, who created the Pariah gene and the Cadian gate, and are slowly building back their army to eliminate any creature linked to the Warp
>post-edition Necrons
>Just another Xeno race ; But robotic.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
This look like a recast to anyone else? I think I just ended up with a recast.
>>
>>50434628
>oldcrons
>just like chaos and tyranids, but robots
>>
>>50434546
Electro Priests are bad because they're both ugly and jarringly different aesthetic from the rest of the line.

Give me Dark Vader looking dudes who control lightning, GW!
>>
>>50434596
I wouldn't even be mad if Necrons became one of the "good guy" factions like the imperium, eldar, and tau

40k getting Age of sigmar'd when so we can have grand alliance good guys or whatever
>>
>>50434611
Started in late fourth. I'm just disappointed that baseline Thousand Sons squads are still garbage.
>>
>>50434628
they are still silent and deadly, still descend from the necrontyr, still the arch enemys of the old ones, they may still create a far larger-scale conflict, they probably still creadted the cadian gate
>>
>>50434636
Nah that's just regular shitty FW resin
>>
>>50434660

It seems to have an unusual ammount of flash, plus some pock marks...

On the other hand, it was an ancient, now discontinued casting. Maybe it was pulled because the quality was getting too low.

All I know is I got it off eBay from Poland for like £50, and if it is a recast that's kind of a ripoff price.
>>
>>50434617
>mastery levels are not based on numbers
>mastery level 1 psyker
>mastery level 2 psyker
??????

I really don't understand what you're trying to imply.
>psykers can generate as many powers as their mastery levels allow it
>the psyker knows a number a psychic powers equal to his mastery level
Key word, equal.

>The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his Mastery Level
He only knows a number of powers equal to his mastery level, therefore the number of psychic powers a psyker can use each turn depends on his mastery level.
He can't attempt to cast more powers than he knows so a level one psyker with two spells can only cast two powers, simple.
>>
>>50434637
>Chaos
>Dwell in the Immaterium, linked to human emotions and souls
>Necrons
>Material creatures, emotionless, souless

Can't you see that the whole point of 40k is the conflict between those two great races ? That's why the Blackstone fortresses exist, that's why the Orks exist, that's why the Pariah gene or the Cadian gate exists.

The tyrannids are meant to represent an even greater threat than this original conflict ; Because they come from the outer Milky Way, and approach because of the Emperor's light. It is meant to represent a far larger scale conflict than just normal people building armies and cities, to show how little they are.
It also made the Necrons stand out as perfectly monstruous, and the C'Tan Gods as true rivals to every other supernatural beings.

Nowaday, the C'Tan are just pokemon balls, and Chaos doesn't have any real rivals.
>>
>>50434682
>It seems to have an unusual ammount of flash, plus some pock marks
Yeah, sounds like forgeworld.
>>
>>50434644

To be fair, the Necrons DO want order.

Just order under their control

Dividing it up like AoS:

>Order
Imperium
Eldar
Tau
Necrons

>Chaos
CSM
Daemons

>Destruction
Orks
Dark Eldar

>Tyranids
Tyranids
>>
>>50434704
Why would DEldar and Orks work together?

The others make sense, sort of. They have precedents at least. But that one makes no sense to me.
>>
>>50434693
>He only knows a number of powers equal to his mastery level, therefore the number of psychic powers a psyker can use each turn depends on his mastery level.
He can't attempt to cast more powers than he knows so a level one psyker with two spells can only cast two powers, simple.

Wrong, most can also charge their force weapons, and quite often they also know the primaris power, meaning they got Mastery level X +2
>>
>>50434715

I just meant as a general classification. DEldar don't want order, but they don't want Chaos either. They're content to just live in Commoragh and pop into realspace occasionally.
>>
>>50434729
they want to preserve the status quo
>>
>>50434721
a psyker that is ML 2 rolls for 2 powers and gets the primaris aswell, knows also force 4 powers
>can cast all 4 powers

a psyker that is ML 2 rolls 2 powers on different disciplines (or knows one by default and only rolls for a additional power similar to mephiston) also knows force. knows 3 powers
>can cast 3 powers

lol

glad the FAQ got you WAAC bitches now
>>
>>50434644
>Good guy alliance

I thought that what was fun about the 40k fluff is that none of the factions are truly good or bad, that they all had their own agendas, and that alliances could never be reached in long-term because all of them were stuck in their own ways of thinking (The Eldars see everything else as primitives, the Imperium follow the old Emperor's command of purging every Xenos)...

What is the point of having "good guys" against "bad guys" ? Oldcrons weren't bad guys ; They were here to plunge the universe in silence, which wasn't so bad when you saw how horrible the Warp is. And the Chaos Space Marines, they're not generic bad guys, they're normal men who fell because of their purely human nature, like the Word Bearers who were rebuked while showing the purest of faiths.
>>
>>50434721
>Wrong, most can also charge their force weapons
You're missing the point, I'm asking where it says otherwise in the rulebook.
Due to the FAQ, we know that's wrong but the rulebook says nothing about it.
>>
>>50434704
>in the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, Tyranids never get allies
>>
>>50434757
t. tau player
>>
What is a fluffy way to get psykers into my Admech army?
>>
>>50434772

>I thought that what was fun about the 40k fluff is that none of the factions are truly good or bad

Well if that was the intention, they failed hardcore.

40k is a setting of caricaturishly black hearted villains, corrupt authority figures, religious maniacs, and horribly overwhelmed regular joes and heroes.

Aka, Grimdark.

The humans, Eldar, Tau and Necrons have a lot of fucked up politics and crazy people working at cross purposes, but if they didn't have good guys amongst their factions, there'd be nobody for the Grimdark to happen to.
>>
>>50434807
Dark Mechanicus
>>
>>50434807

Even the AdMech needs primaris psykers for navigation.
>>
>>50434636
Naa, recast are nicer
>>
>>50434816
honestly most of the factions are morally grey
with the exception of dark eldar and khorne a case can be made for all of them as to why they are not entirely evil
>>
>>50434729
Dark Eldar want a controlled state of chaos. Enough anarchy to keep things interesting, but not total Chaos because deep down they know they'll be among the most fucked.
>>
>>50434816
Yeah, and ?
I mean, that has always been the charm of the 40k universe. The fact that it is so bleak and so dark, and yet everything was bleak and dark for a reason. The people who fell to Chaos fell because of their own flaws or despair, and the religious maniacs holding the Imperium have every right to be religious maniacs, when you know that in the past, Humanity was brutalised by Xenos or how the human souls can so easily fall to the Immaterium...
Nowaday, it seems like everyone just want a batch of united and glorious people who happily work together, even if they are an ancient race created eons ago, sentinent robots, or proto-catholic humans. Why is that ? During the 12th Black Crusade, the Eldars and Humans united, of course, but it was teeth-clenched teamwork, because it was either that or outer destruction. And the whole 12th Black Crusade was just a far greater plot by a force who needed the Blackstone fortresses gone ; The C'Tan, who planned to come and reap all souls.
>>
>>50434905

DEldar are similar to orks in that, their endgame is what 40k is currently. Like, they live in their ideal right now.
>>
>>50434798
>if you play by the rules you are a tau player
Thanks anon.
>>
>>50434698
I think the Crons are still perfectly monstrous.

They're not only god-killers, but enslavers. Their new fluff still accentuates their ability to blot out life on a whim, though they just cant be bothered most of the time.

My biggest problem w them is that they thought taking a 60 million year nap was a viable solution to their troubles.
>>
>>50434807
Psychic Titan Legions if they're ever released.
>>
>>50434893
Not even Khorne is a bad guy. I mean, no, Chaos isn't inherently bad, they're based off human emotions and human nature.

Imagine that you are a worker who is brutalized by your boss, every day of the week, in the dark confines of a factory in a Forge World. Imagine that your brother fucks up and is captured and turned into a servitor. Imagine all this rage that boils in you, imagine all this will of revolution and freeing yourself from your labor ; That is what push people toward Khorne, knowing how to fight, how to defend yourself, how to free yourself.
It is only years later that you become a guy full of spikes who shout "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" all day long.
>>
>>50434919
Hell, Vect has pretty much declared the current situation a "Time of Plenty" and told dudes to party. That said, it is a ruse so Vect and Rakarth can quietly try to deal with Khaine's Gate and get Neocommorragh up and running.
>>
>>50434924
it isn't the fact that the Newcrons aren't monstruous that bothers me. It is their purpose, their agenda.
The Oldcrons were Reapers who were the perfect antithesis of the Warp. They couldn't be bought, you couldn't trade or discuss with them, contrarly to the Chaos corruption who is meant to be attractive, for people to bargain with them and finally fall. The Necrons had a simple plan : Harvesting souls. And the C'Tan were powerful Gods who did everything to destroy the influence of the Warp, including creating the nulls, the pariah humans that you normally see in the fluff, like the Sisters of Silence.

Nowaday, they're just another faction who wants to carve itself an Empire... Like the Eldars, the Humans, the Taus, or hell, even the Orks.
>>
>>50434946
well to be fair old khorne fluff had him down as wanting honorable combat and he was all in all a pretty cool guy
nowadays it's all blood of the innocent and not caring whence the blood flows.
>>
>>50433029
Damn, where can I learn more about these sporting events? Praise Nuffle.
>>
>>50435026
>he fell for the lies of chaos
>can't deal with the fact that all chaos gods are pure evil
May Emperor forgive you, for I can't
>>
>>50431943
pink horrors were already one of the best troops in the game because of their save/psychic capabilities

now they've effectively had their wound count tripled for no cost
>>
>>50435147
Keep in mind that blue horrors and brimstone horrors don't have access to daemonology. Its possible that pink horrors wont either?

I know, small compensation for 25pts and 5 wounds in a single 9pt model, but still
>>
>>50435181
>Keep in mind that blue horrors and brimstone horrors don't have access to daemonology.
Where does it say that?
>>
>>50435181
>>50435147
It's allright, we get to sell the same models thrice for the players. Look out for similar things in future codicies too. Tyranids calling in extra units, ork hordes etc.
>>
How do I equip a slaanesh CSM sorceror these days?
>>
>>50434636
Definitely a recast anon.
The telltale sign is the big blocks of resin they use to channel into the mold.
They have mold lines, bubbles and misalignment.

The channels would never have mold lines because they are a part of the mold on FW ones and they are typically pristine.

The resin is also much paler than FW.
>>
>>50435199
they do not got the discipline as option in their datasheet. mentioning the rulebooks quote there wont help either. as every psyker that got a new publication since the 7th rulebook got the access to daemonology written in their entry.

>b-b-b-but there is still the rulebook quote.
let it rest. ahriman is in the very same book as the new horrors and he got daemonology written in his entry. horrors dont. its better that way (heralds, daemon princes and greater daemons can still summon)
>>
>>50435231

Oh well, Polish eBay guy was an ass for not being up front about that.

It seems repairable enough though, and I was going to do some conversion work on it regardless. Should pass as a decent looking dread.
>>
>>50435265
>Any psyker may generate from the daemonology discipline in addition to the ones listed in their army list entry

I know /tg/ really likes to get ahead of itself, but please
>>
>>50435288
eBay will 100% let you claim a refund and they won't care about you sending the miniature back.

That's up to you.
You got a miniature at probably a very decent price.
You were also mis-sold. You weren't told you were buying a recast.
The seller also couldn't be obvious in saying he's selling a recast because it's against eBay policies and they would remove it. This would remove a gateway to people being able to buy FW recasts from him.
There is obviously a deficit in quality for you to come here and ask the question.
You have also said you can work it into a playable model.
If you report it for a refund, they will ban him from eBay. Other people won't be able to get cheap FW recasts, but they also won't get scammed if they expect the real deal.

There's pro con for getting your money back and keeping your mini.
eBay's new policies and Indian / Chinese customer support always go 100% with the buyer without evidence.
>>
>>50435331
>GW updating ahriman and writes down all 11 disciplines he has access to.
>but somehow forgets to add the daemonology on daemons, only change is written.
>in the very same booklet

anon, please.
>>
>>50435265
>I know better than the rule book.
I don't think it's unreasonable to assaume that GW's writers have half a brain and know that unless they exclude them horrors will have access to daemonology.

They're most likely changing the rule come 8th edition next month, that's why they failed to list it.
>>
>>50435374
>the most recent datasheets for more than 80% of daemon army list entries don't have access to daemonolgy which was added via an FAQ that explicitly supersedes army list entries

There's not even scans available still
>>
>>50435374
>implying GW writers aren't capable of such gross incompetence
>>
>>50435411
what are you smoking? only the Horrors have been adjusted. EVERY other unit entry didnt change.
>>
>>50433763
silly anon, why put out one codex, when you could put out 5 different books and milk it.
>>
>>50435331
>>50435386
Yes, RAW lets you generate daemonology on horrors.
However, I think its pretty obvious RAI that horrors don't get daemonology
>>
>>50435231
>telltale sign is the big blocks of resin they use to channel into the mold
You're joking right?
>>50435288
When I get home tonight I'll take a photo of some stuff I got from FW directly and some stuff I bought off a guy I'm 99% sure is recast.

The quality from FW is anything from shit to good.
>>
>>50435288
see
>>50435340
recasts are cancer
shitty recasts doubly so
selling shitty recasts as the real thing triply so
you said you paid 50£ for it , how much was the original thing on FW ?
>>
>>50435411
There were actually the scanned rules for blues and flames a few generals ago, and those didn't have daemonology
But the best solution is just to wait Saturday and directly ask GW on their facebook page, instead of shitting up multiple threads always for the same reason
>>
>>50435374
isn't it stated in the rulebook that all models have it unless explicitly stated they don't ?
>>
>>50435545
That is mostly to help bring older edition codexes back up to date. All 7th edition psykers so far have listed daemonology in their list of disciplines.
The obvious intent here is that post7th edition codexes need to specify that they can generate from daemonology.
But yes, RAW, you dont need to have daemonology listed to generate powers from it.
>>
>>50435545
Probably for legacy books left over from 6e.

I'd agree that if Ahriman / Sorcerers are listed with Daemonology and Horrors do not have it listed in the exact same book. You can't generate from Daemon on Horrors.
But, that's how I'd play it. Going to miss my Cursed Earth Horrors.
>>
>>50435485
I don't think so.
They even released an FAQ stating all daemon psykers have it.
>>
>>50435598
Yep. Thats gonna suck. I plan on dropping some horrors from units and adding in the 3-9 herald formation to bring daemonology back into my list
>>
File: 2009_01_10_Fyrbrand.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2009_01_10_Fyrbrand.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
i haven't played a tabletop game in a reaaaally long time, but i remember slow and purposeful rule being that you had to roll as if u were making a difficult terrain test to move normally, is that rule the same as new now in 7th, 1kson have peaked my interest back into the hobby
>>
>>50435584
>>50435598
this ambiguity is GW's fault really
my astropath is obviously only supposed to have telepathy but RAW he can
>>
>>50435609
new update, new rules and intent.
The chaos space marine side of things has daemonology listed.
Ahriman, who is unchanged apart from the disk has it listed.
It seems like horrors shouldn't have it.

YES, its ambiguous, and YES, RAW you can do it. We'll most likely have to wait for an FAQ
>>
>>50435620
>>50435584
You realise the book is coming out less than a month before 8ed ed drops?

They're most likely just writing it for next rule book so you've got a month to enjoy daemonology on your horrors.
>>
>>50434068
Yeah, easily. Two or 3 Get Started is a good base, 20 Vanguard, with 3 Plascals and 3 Arc Rifles, and 10 Rangers. 3 Dunecrawlers. Looks good.

Kastelans are decent but REALLY point-intensive. 1 unit tops, equip with phosphor blasters.

You probably want 2 groups of Kataphron Destroyers before any Kastelans, those own everything.

>>50434457
>>50434546

2 or 3 dragoons per unit ideally, and they excel at killing light infantry and tanks en masse. Arm with the Taser Lances.

Electros are just way too expensive. Halve the point cost or give Admech an assault transport and I'd be all over them.

>>50434807
An Ordo Machinum Inquisitorial detatchment sent to look out for cool shit and prevent the Admech from hoarding their finds.
Use two or three groups of 10 Henchmen with just bolters, and add a Psyker to each unit, and give them Chimerae for your Kataphrons and Vanguard to hijack with their 5 fire points. 3 Kataphron Destroyers firing from an AV12 moving bunker is awesome.

Add a couple inquisitors with ML1 and Rad and Psychotrope nades and have them hang with your Sicarians if you want to use them as a countercharge unit. Those buffs + Divination/Biomancy makes them rapetastic, especially if you manage to grab Endurance for Eternal Warrior.
>>
>>50435500
As in if you look at the details on them that shouldn't be there, not the blocks them self if you read the next two sentences.
>>
>>50432954
Bump.
Anything I really need to watch out for while magnetising?
>>
>>50435622
Holy shit that poor marine
>>
>>50435719
>>50435719
>>50435719
Fresh memes here
>>
>>50435219
Hello?
>>
>>50435660
8th edition is not in January?
>>
>>50435786
You use wargear
>>
Which one are the traitors: Dark Angel or the Fallen?
>>
>>50433829
Make a different faction of space Vikings using space wolf models.
>>
>>50436304
Is there any difference?
>>
>>50436958
Yeah and call them the Blood Eagles for a cool Space Vikings name.
>>
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6qGamu24Y
>>
I just ordered Battle for Vedros and a wartrakk for 40 pounds total from GAME

Did I fuck up, /tg/?
Thread posts: 445
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.