[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 53

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What would it take for your character to dress up in a maid uniform, thigh-high socks, and high heels?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50403273
>>
>>50408478
What would it take you to hang yourself?
>>
>the end of the last thread
>holy shit actual constructive criticism
>>
>>50408478
Why are those children allowed to serve alcoholic drinks?
>>
>>50408507
I know anon, I just wish I got some for my character.

Song Lilin, and yes I know I still haven't posted the full new backstory or sheet.
>>
File: Looted Terrasque.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Looted Terrasque.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
OP is a fag. But instead of bitching about it I'm going to do something constructive and present a new discussion question.

What is the biggest, nastiest, baddest muthafucka your party has ever fought? How did you beat it, or how did it crush you?
>>
>>50408478
imagine if one day OP wasn't a faggot
>>
>>50408536
They're Belgian?
>>
>>50408539
Then get around to posting your new backstory and sheet, and I'll comment it for you.
>>
>>50408543
We had to fight a big ass giant (CR 14, we were a 5 person party of level 5s) and I (A Strangler Brawler) used my Sleeper Hold ability to knock it out instantly, letting us simply chop off his head. Definitely my proudest moment.
>>
So I'm in a drow campaign as a cleric. What god should i worship? The Demon Lord Treerazer seems cool since hes basically the biggest "fuck you" to elves, and the nascent demon lord Nightripper just plain sounds awesome, though no particular connection to drow.
>>
>looking at my 5 str character more

>can only carry 12 lbs as a light load

BULLIES EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>50408614
>5 STR
Holy shit how I could get 6 or 7, but 5 like holy sweet baby Jesus fucking Christ in the ass (no homo) with some Aunt Jemima lube what the hell
>>
>>50408653
for fun of course.
>>
I really like Horizon Walker. What do people think about it? I am personally thinking of having it for my Fighter.
>>
What traits should I get for Svana? I'm debating on Boar Resilience, but the effects aren't really useful and I don't want to just go with Reactionary or something. Maybe a Survival boost and Acrobatics boost?
>>
Silvia's player here. I'm looking to improve my characte, mostly through the backstory writing and changing her personality to have her be more independent and a bit more easily embarrassed (though prideful).

Any advice on this /pfg/?
>>
>>50408653
honestly its not like low str matters for a mage just bully the fighter into carrying it for you.

or buy some muleback cords

if you're not using strength, it doesn't matter at all :D
>>
>>50408490
>I just dislike the idea of a character running off to something incredibly dangerous like adventuring when they have non-estranged family at home. Especially when it's something like Jade Regent and you are more or less doing it on a whim.

That's exactly why I didn't give him a kid, because being in a caravan on the Path of Aganhei is fucking dangerous and uprooting a child like that is just plain cruel. There are certain things you have to give up for a more harmonious game table, and it felt like a wife or child would have taken more out than it would put in.

>>50408688

Go with stuff that feels fun for your character or provides a skill that "clicks" with them, that's what traits are for! She's a motherly character from a close-knit village that suffered the plague, yeah? Sounds to me like she'd be Hardy, or whatever that heckin' trait is that gives you a +1 to Fortitude.

Here's a tip that I always use when I want to get form and function for a character's traits; go to the Trait Filter on PFSRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/tools/traits-filter) and above "benefit" type in the skill or boost you want your character to have, and when it gives you the list just imagine which one clicks with your character the most.
>>
>>50408478
How do I skald? I want a punchy skald who goes in, sings a pretty song and comes out with a few magic burned heads he chopped off from monsters with his shiny new axe/sword/pole-arm-if-need-be. Also are any of the archetypes worth the time?
>>
>>50408678
>reducing your access to Advanced Weapon Training?
For what purpose? Unless you're just going in for 3 levels, and that's only if you know you're going to be in essentially the same terrain type all the time.
>>
>>50408716
>mostly through the backstory writing and changing her personality to have her be more independent and a bit more easily embarrassed (though prideful).

She came from a big family that basically ignored her, yeah? Going from that to a huge gaggle of smiling, gregarious faces in service to Shelyn would be quite a shock - so much of a shock that, while she relishes the attention, she'd prefer to be in the corner passively absorbing the good vibrations.
>>
>TFW I made a character for Jade Regent forever ago, specifically to romance Ameiko in a childhood-friend-romantic-comedy way that felt natural over the course of the campaign.
>Abandoned it when someone else came in with "LOL Imma 20 CHA Kitsune Bard who loves everyone".

It's been....5 years? Something like that? I've DMed Jade Regent since then, but never played it.

Probably for the best, I wouldn't want to see another DM butcher it.
>>
>>50408543
The cacterrasque. We pissed off a really, REALLY crazy lich. Turns out when you have thousands of years and near endless boredom, you tend to do some really weird shit. In this case, the motherfucker decided it was a grand idea to transfuse the soul of a living terrasque into a tiny potted cactus, throw in some other insane magical bullshit and suddenly you're dealing with a 14 foot tall invincible cactus golem with a crazed lich playing jockey.

We lost 3 members of the party and the only reason it stopped is because it basically ran out of gas, and THEN we had to fight a particularly grumpy lich with a grab bag of magical items so absurd there was no consistent strategy to counteract them.

The lesson learned that day was that maybe you should just say hi to the lich who hasn't really hurt anyone in a few millenia instead of immediately trying to kill him for his shit.
>>
So I was made aware of the Antagonize feat in the last thread and that got me thinking.

Could I as a crafter make an item that has a intimidate aura combined with the antagonize feat?
And if so.. how?
>>
>>50408678
Rangers with the Warden archetype can add their favored terrain bonuses to allies, so thats good.

But generally im sorry to say Horizon Walker is not for you. Its best for rangers and rogues who already have lots of favored terrains, so that they can continue to build up favored terrain power. You would only have favored terrains from the prestige class, so you wouldn't really be taking advantage of what its supposed to give you. If you must take a prestige class, take a shadowdancer, hellknight, low templar or living monilith, those are cool and will grant you new abilities you can make use of, rather than abilities you will get less bonus out of than your fighter features.
>>
>>50408780
>The cacterrasque.
That sounds positively evil.
So you gonna share the stats or what?
>>
>>50408776
I did kinda want her to try and be a sort of "alpha female". But the general idea is that she's past it, but not really willing to let herself be as much of a wallflower after leaving the family. And I wanted to write in that she's terrified of repeating the mistakes of her mother's infidelity, so she's not comfortable with relationships.
>>
>>50408776
>>50408716

Expanding on this, perhaps this is part of the reason why Silvia was sent to Sandpoint; it's a small, sleepy town where there aren't too many people to trigger her "oh gosh find a quiet place" instinct.

She's a woman that got taken out of a bad place and put in a good one, but *too much* of a good one, so she's getting introduced to the concept of love and openness incrementally.
>>
Rolled 4, 3 + 3 = 10 (2d4 + 3)

Don't mind me, just determining something
>>
>>50408811
I don't know the exact stats, but here's what we did know of it.
>immune to magic
>Deals 40d6 + 72 damage per hit, but is wildly inaccurate
>had more than 35 AC
>Even when its punches and stomps missed everyone within 10 feet of him was knocked prone, DC was probably in the low 30's
>The lich riding it had at least 20 bottomless bags of dung, and was a big fan of the mud buddy spell. You do the math
>>
File: 1477248894124.png (4KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477248894124.png
4KB, 679x427px
>>50408906
>The lich riding it had at least 20 bottomless bags of dung, and was a big fan of the mud buddy spell. You do the math
Holy shit anon, treasure your DM.
>>
>>50408728
>and it felt like a wife or child would have taken more out than it would put in.
As much as /pfg/ likes to complain about character's having no living families, this is how I feel a lot of the time. It's just really bloody hard to justify why any "sane" person would run off on a dangerous job like adventuring especially if the stakes where anything short of "the world/out lives as we know it end if noone does this", which they often aren't.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. More so than dead family does even if it is "cliche", but different strokes I guess.
>>
>>50408896
nice size anon-chan
>>
>>50408539
I'd say the same, but I need to get off my arse and actually finish Amalia as anything but a really loose concept and get a sheet going.

I just grabbed the chance to try a full alterationist and happen to like veils. Is that so wrong?

Yes. Yes it is
>>
File: da zog.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
da zog.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
>>50408906
Holy dicks that's horrifying.
I wish I had your DM
>>
>>50408906
Your DM is a fucking god.
>>
>Can see a death or two coming
>It's only the second session
fuck.
>>
File: FoxGirl.jpg (73KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
FoxGirl.jpg
73KB, 480x720px
Plan to make a stalker/bushi with strong focus on Mithral Current and Elemental Flux (Unorthodox Training). Any advices about wis-based kitsune race and feat selection, /pfguys?
>>
>>50408890

Bah, that fits the mold of a Shelynite Paladin perfectly! Most of them are people who were damaged by toxic relationships, and sent out into the world to mend their own hearts as much as the hearts of others. Write away about her caution towards entering relationships, and perhaps include a bit how Shelynites might encourage her to whittle down that icy heart with friendship, courtly love and other things that can turn into romance.

I quite like how she's scared of entering a relationship because she thinks she might cheat, it adds a bit of a roadblock to overcome between her and whatever guy catches her fancy.
>>
First time DM here. Entire group is experienced players (including me) but nobody here DM's except one dude who's gone for the moment. Planning on running my first adventure soon-ish.

What's a good adventure path/campaign/module/one-shot/whatever that i can pick up of the trove that's good for a beginner DM?
>>
File: disgust but interest.jpg (48KB, 296x322px) Image search: [Google]
disgust but interest.jpg
48KB, 296x322px
>>50408906
>>The lich riding it had at least 20 bottomless bags of dung, and was a big fan of the mud buddy spell. You do the math
New strategy gained.
>>
>>50408543
SEPTUM OCTAVIUS DUO

The Awakened Fractal Tarrasque.

He was Tarrasque's all the way down, and he ruled over BAGWORLD, the place where all the stuff goes when you throw a bag of holding into a portable hole.
>>
>>50408892
I do kinda like that reason to go to Sandpoint, but I don't know how it'd fit with my idea of having her volunteer to see the new temple as a Shelyn representative only as a means to start traveling the world.
>>
>>50408976
Yes. Elemental flux is a lot better with a pool of animus, consider grabbing the first feat in the elemental flux style line for free action element swapping, and kitsunes belong in the fucking trash.
>>
File: KokkuriKohinaDerp.jpg (28KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
KokkuriKohinaDerp.jpg
28KB, 499x280px
Is it actually possible to play a shapeshifter/character with multiple identities whose true form/identity is kept a secret from the other players, instead of just their characters? Is it a good idea? Nothing malicious mind you, just a shapeshifter who genuinely wants to be whatever it is they're pretending to be. What about if the players are in on it, but their characters aren't, would that work out better? Anyone tried that before? I did it one time and it was fun, but the game died for unrelated reasons shortly after and I've been itching to try it again.

I wonder if I should have focused more on the human Etan, rather than the kitsune Gil. Probably would have been more fun, but it's a little late to do anything fancy now.
>>
>>50409007
>, the place where all the stuff goes when you throw a bag of holding into a portable hole.
I'm guessing be became fractal/awakened from eating all the BBEGs, McGuffins, and Evil Artifacts people have been throwing there for years?
>>
>>50409010
And another question. Can stalker be effective with two-handed weapon and without Brutal Slayer archetype?
>>
>>50408950
>It's just really bloody hard to justify why any "sane" person would run off on a dangerous job like adventuring especially if the stakes where anything short of "the world/out lives as we know it end if noone does this", which they often aren't.

The only time I've managed to pull that off in a really solid way was with Sigmund Caine, a woodsman whose entire reason for adventure was to rescue his daughter from the clutches of an evil dragon that had burned down his village.
>>
How do text games even work? How do you keep it fair so everyone gets a chance to participate?
>>
>>50409102

Text games are more fair than voice, man, people talk over people all the time; I'm a quiet person who doesn't like to interrupt so in voice games half the time I end up doing nothing all session because other people are louder than I am.
>>
>>50408539
Same, I just don't know where to put hooks on Shizuka; I don't want to look too snowflakey or anything, is the thing!
>>
>>50409051
I mean I guess, but why would you want to?
>>50409078
See that works since the goal is saving the family, that might be good for a one shot of if the dragon is the BBEG.

But the criticism about "no family/killed off family" was for a Jade Reagent game. Even the fucking NPC motivation is basically "Fuck, I don't really have much to live for. Let's go on a road trip!".

But sticking with the example, what would he do when the daughter is rescued? He doesn't really have a reason to fight anymore. I mean even if he's best buds with the PC's he still has a child to look after.
>>
>>50408751
A big issue with Skald is that you're running a delayed, slower-progressing self-rage, with the advantage of it being conveyable to the rest of your party.

In a melee heavy party, he's going to be a support that brings some serious extra pain. Though, a standard Bard would be about equivalent. Both granting a +1 to melee attack and damage rolls. (Bard through a direct +1, Skald through +2 Str. So technically I think both should stack.)

However, Skald's hit/damage bonuses don't increase until lv8 and only once more at 16th. while Bard's start going up at 5th, and hits again at 11th and 17th.
On the other hand, Skald's Will bonus is flat, while Bard's is only against Fear and Charm effects. And skald's Will bonus starts at 4, and goes up every 4, while Bard's progresses at the same rate as their other bonus.

The other bonus Skald has over Bard, CON boosting, is there mainly to offset the -1 AC. Also, the standard Rage drawbacks of limitations on skills applies. Where it does not for bard.

The Skald, however, can impart a select few rage abilities through his song. And has two feats to his own that bestow Fast Healing equal to the STR Bonus. Skald's Vigor is for yourself, while at lv10 you can qualify for Greater (10 ranks in Song) which allows you to bestow it on all affected allies. Not much, but if you're going to have it up, a worthwhile consideration. Especially at the end of the day where your party may be wounded from encounters.

The Skald himself, thanks to the 3/4ths BAB and d8 HD isn't going to be the best at direct combat. However, you get scribe scroll as a bonus feat, and Spell Kenning as a class feature, meaning you can pretty well always have a useful spell on hand, even if you don't know it directly. Though, it may take some GM cajoling to use them in tandem.

Essentially, you're a themed bard, not actually a singing barbarian. Though, your rage song does qualify the furious weapon quality iirc.
>>
>>50409007
Wasn't that in Fantasy Craft?
>>
>>50408950
That's partly why Silvia's relationship with her family isn't great. They don't have to be dead, but she doesn't worry about them either. It also gives the option of a forgiveness arc of sorts, which could be neat.
>>
>>50409138
I don't see how. Do you set it up so everyone gets a turn to talk to an NPC in text?
>>
>>50409157
>. It also gives the option of a forgiveness arc of sorts, which could be neat.
How is that even going to happen when you're an entire ocean way? Skype doesn't exist on Golarion yet.
>>
Here's my character concept for RotJR

>Unchained Rogue || Mystic (Knight Chandler)
>Character is the son of a minor Taldan Noble, who fled to Corvosa after some political unpleasantness.
>Grew up helping his parents con/cheat/steal from everyone around them in order to get by, and maintain the semblance of a noble lifestyle.
>Learns to sword fight, in order to have his father's back if a con goes south.
>Pretty damn good at it; they start building up a tiny criminal empire.
>Gets too cocky for his own good, and tries to rob a couple of adventurers.
>Fails, gets beaten within an inch of his life.
>Bailed out by a Don Quixote-esque "knight," who's bearing the crest of a noble house
>Knows the guy is crazy, but also thinks he's a noble, and becomes the knight's "squire" in the hopes of getting closer to the money.
>Spends the next six months sleeping under bridges and tilting at windmills. Despite the fact that the knight is crazy, he legitimately comes to admire the man's idealism.
>Old man dies saving him from an ogre.
>A bit shaken up and confused, he starts the journey home.
>Upon arriving back in Corvosa, he sees someone getting mugged and, without thinking, he leaps to the person's aid, and gets stabbed in the process.
>At that moment, his Soul Candle manifests.
>Lying there, bleeding out in an alley, and staring at the physical manifestation of his soul, he comes to a realization.
>All he really wants to be is a Knight.
>Still bleeding, he limps home, gathers up everything on his father, and turns it into the guard; incriminating himself in the process.
>Flees the city, to find a quest that'll make up for all the shit he's done and ends up in Sandpoint.

Comments? Questions? Pure unfiltered hatred?
>>
>>50409027
>but it's a little late to do anything fancy now.
>Applications don't officially start for little over another month at the least

Nigga, you have plenty of time to fine-tune this shit.
>>
So here's where i'm at

>Ratfolk girl
>Guns n shit along with spells
>lives outside of Sandpoint on her own cause weirdo
>Uses cap of human guise to go into town and sell alchemy stuff when she needs cash
>Completely socially inept, rants and claims she's an insanely powerful witch while she sells stuff, everyone thinks she's just a weirdo but she makes decent alchemy stuff
>I'd like to say she tries to pull off the whole BIG HAT N BROOM witch look but cap of human guise limits
>Actually is all that shit but is completely chuuni about it

I'm feeling I have a good start on this character.
>>
>>50409204
Well I'd be happy with her in my party.
>>
>>50409170
Nah, you just set the scene up with the NPC and let them play their characters; people who want to ask questions ask questions, the NPC responds, usually one by one, occasionally getting annoyed if it would be in characte for the NPC to get annoyed at a bunch of smelly murderhobos yelling at him, that sort of thing.
>>
>>50409216
i need to write up the rest of her but i'm just hammering some bullet point ideas out.
>>
>>50409146
>but why would you want to?
Thematic reasons. Dislike scarred muscle girls.
>>
>>50409223
I guess I just can't see how the flow of conversation would work unless people specifically state that they ask *after* another question is answered.

And what about combat? If you're on roll20, how exactly do you describe combat? Say what you plan to do before moving your token? After?
>>
>>50409194
It's shit like all the rest.
>>
>>50407410
>>50407617

So she traded her oracle curse from haunted to "relationships don't last past the first kid"

Im surprisingly okay with it.
>>
File: peek.png (76KB, 953x646px) Image search: [Google]
peek.png
76KB, 953x646px
>>50408906
New shenanigans get
>>
How unreasonable is it for an asshole wizard to send a bound outsider a continent away to fuck with his son?
>>
File: KuroKensukeOkay.jpg (27KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
KuroKensukeOkay.jpg
27KB, 600x338px
>people talking about family connections
>all I've got is a talking sword
>birth parents will never know the joys of sapience

Feels bad man.

>>50409195
"It's a little too late to do anything fancy" meaning "I can't hide it from the actual players when it's already a thing that's out there and known about". Was still planning on doing plenty of tuning, since that's part of the fun, and having it be something hidden IC would still have plenty of opportunities.
>>
>>50409194
>Questions?
Can your post her charsheet?
>>
>>50409245
Generally, you say what you're doing OOC (I'm used to seperate OOC/IC channels), do the movement/rolling/etc, then fluff everything up at the end in my experience. So you'd go like 'I think I'm gonna move here to flank that gnoll with the rogue--actually, cast shocking grasp before that, then move there and discharge it 'cause I can do that, here's my attack and damage roll' and then you move your token, then IC you go 'Reginald the Wizard curses at his companion's ineptitude and rushes to aid the rogue, hand crackling with lightning. "Would you fools stop letting people ambush us?" He complains as the gnoll feels the fury of his electric fist.' in the IC.
>>
>>50409180
I don't know how JR goes, I've never really played it. The idea was just me spinning my wheels a bit.
>>
>>50409289
Still working on it. Mostly wondering if the concept is even passable before taking the time to put it together.
>>
>>50409302
Jade Regeant as you fucking off to another continent by the end of Book 1. Unless you're an Ulfen or !Asian your family is going to be far, far away.
>>
File: Nualia.jpg (92KB, 478x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nualia.jpg
92KB, 478x1000px
Alright everyone, I want you all to tell me everything there is to know about Nualia.
I'm designing a character, and would like to know more about Nualia to see if I can put in a connection to my character somehow.
>>
>>50409330
She's a dirty bitch and a massive slut who got mad when her daddy said she wasn't allowed to have boyfriends anymore because of aforementioned massive sluttery.

This is a very biased view of the character.
>>
>>50409347
this is accurate.
>>
>>50409330
Dubm assimaer bitch that couldn't keep her legs closed, she fucked near a magic RAGE artifact and had a miscarriage. She then joined up with the god of grotesque births and wants to burn Sandpoint down.
>>
>>50409328
She's probably very okay with that.
>>
>>50409330
She is really angry if your DM brings her back as a recurring villain and you make constant puns at the fact that her demon arm was removed.
>>
>>50409146

>sticking with the example, what would he do when the daughter is rescued? He doesn't really have a reason to fight anymore. I mean even if he's best buds with the PC's he still has a child to look after.

Friend, we've spent a year covering those loopholes; for one, Sigmund has made it explicitly clear he doesn't give a rat's ass about staying an adventurer, and will leave the business as soon as he was able.

It's just... shit got in the way. Turns out the daughter's mother (implied to be a Hag in my backstory) was a high-power Hamadryad and goddess of the continent (whom my character had some seriously sweet interactions with when we met her) and the daughter herself (by this point 16, Sigmund is 33 at campaign start... noticing a trend for my characters) is a mighty powerful conduit of arcane energy, something the BBEG will stop at nothing to get.

As soon as the BBEG is dead SO will Sigmund's adventuring career, he will find a nice place to retire and relax with his divine waifu (who was slated to die last session until some clutch decisions cost Sigmund the majority of divine power he acquired after helping Iomedae.)
>>
>>50409330
Basically a victim of child abuse who naively believed her boyfriend actually loved her.
Nobody in sandpoint has seen her since she murdered her father.
>>
Alright so for Svanas traits I've decided to go with;
>Righteous Indignation: Must make Will save (10+level) or be forced to take AOO, take -1 on Will saves against spells with (emotion) tag except fear
Svana may have very strong emotions (nice and not so nice ones), but she doesn't have that much control over them hence, she gets easily attached and easily angered
>Militia Veteran:+2 Survival
In Svanas old village everyone protected everyone, nobody was left out of this, the village militia (they never called it a militia however) was made up of every man and woman who could hold a weapon.
>Heirloom Weapon: Masterwork weapon with +1 bonus, proficient with this weapon
This is the fauchard (used to be a glaive, but those 18-20 crits man, plus it doesn't matter that it's exotic) that the Elder gave to her when the village was dying from the plague and told her to go adventure and remember the village (she doesn't actually know that her village died out, she doesn't even know about the plague).

Thoughts? Anything I should change?
>>
>>50409358
>>50409347
That helps a bit.
I know the wiki says she was taken in by the Priest in Sandpoint, so I'm guessing she's adopted.

Was there ever info on her real parents, or no?
>>
>>50409396
>Masterwork weapon with +1 bonus
Meant +1 bonus TO ATTACK, not a +1 bonus, whoops
>>
>>50409396
>Heirloom Weapon
Don't think about take Ancestral Weapon instead?
>>
>>50409455
While that *technically* makes more sense, silver or cold iron bone isn't a thing and I liked the image of it being made from bone.
Also because I'm dumb (not PanzerCreed levels of dumb, but still dumb) I didn't even know Ancestral Weapon was a thing
>>
File: 1403123057003.jpg (42KB, 546x432px) Image search: [Google]
1403123057003.jpg
42KB, 546x432px
Well the backstory's there at least. Good lord thank god that's done even if it's tiny.
>>
Quick I need a motivation for a lich to draw people to her lair that ISN'T the super overdone "creating an undead army" thing
>>
>>50409579
Researching a ritual to kill gods.
>>
>>50409579

She's lonely and wants to throw a party.
>>
>>50409601
I thought about having her just be looking for an eternal lover

These party members are technically high enough level to become a lich with enough effort
>>
>>50409579
>Bingo Night
>Kidnapping of someone important
>Forgotten Arcane Lore
>Her CatBear breeding project keeps having escapees into the local forest
>Sent out an invitation to her great great great great great great grandchildren
>Avoiding paying taxes to local rulers for her lair
>Just won't stop sending letters to the local newspaper complaining about the way things are going in town
>Is using a combination of scrying and sending to go full jewish grandma on everyone within a few hundred miles.
>>
>>50409330

>Local Aasimar can't handle the bantz, goes crazy after nega-womb squirts out OP and promptly vows to create MYFAROG
>>
>choosing opposition schools
>divination, enchantment, evocation, necromancy

T-this is fine
>>
>>50409639

Exactly, just use Wiz from Konosuba and you're golden.
>>
>>50409689
Shit I never finished Konosuba pls explain
>>
>>50409396

You took a drawback, which means you get THREE traits.
>>
>>50409691

Wiz is an extremely powerful lich with an sinfully soft, shapely figure. She's a total pushover and runs a shop.
>>
>>50409717
that's rly cute wtf

I need to finish Konosuba
>>
File: LaughingCruiseMan.jpg (84KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingCruiseMan.jpg
84KB, 682x600px
>>50409555
>She never got the hang of turning back
>Oh well

every time
>>
>>50409704
Well fuck, Boar Resilience it is I suppose.
Told you guys I was dumb
>>
>>50409768

Boar's Resilience? Are there any skills you want her to have, or aspects of her backstory that might be fun to express in a trait?
>>
>>50409807
She's got every skill except for most of the Knowledge ones (she has Knowledge (Local, Nature and Nobility, but none others) and Spellcraft actually and I can't think of anything else that needs to be expressed except for her exceptional toughness, which means either Resilient (+1 Fort save) or Boars Resilience (No penalty for being at exactly 0 HP, can ignore Endurance prerequisite for Diehard) and Boars Resilience seems to be more useful and fun.
>>
>Paladin of Arshea with harlot sweets, dumped mental stats, and a BDSM fetish

alright, which of you assholes made this stupid travesty of a fetish character and how can I make sure you never breed? THis is the worst character I have ever seen in a roll20 thread for sheer raw that-guy amounts, holy shit, how could anyone think anyone would be okay with this.
>>
File: Darkness.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkness.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>50409889
whats wrong with darkness?
>>
>>50409889

You shut your whore mouth, Zeldana is great.
>>
>>50409920
Wouldn't Zeldana be the one with the whore mouth?
>>
File: DIRECT HIT.png (327KB, 824x448px) Image search: [Google]
DIRECT HIT.png
327KB, 824x448px
>>50409935
probably
>>
>>50409901
It's pure fucking stupid fetishbait that is in no way suitable for adventuring or play; the character's literally as dumb as an animal and is using a stupid loophole in the rules and is minmaxed to hell; the whole thing reads like the guy writing the character was fapping the whole way to the fetishes as much as the munchkinry.

>>50409920
No, she's shit and so are you.
>>
>>50409871

I love it! Fun concept, fun character.
>>
>>50409957
>suitable for adventuring or play
>Lewd campaign
>>
>>50409957
>Joke character delivers on joke
>not suitable for a lewd campaign
>>
File: Nier_Nier_Old_Artwork.png (1MB, 1295x1856px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Nier_Old_Artwork.png
1MB, 1295x1856px
>>50409392
>>50409388
>>50409358
>>50409347
>>50409406

So, is there anyway to redeem her?
Also, how would she likely respond if some crazy dude cleaving his way through her goblin horde claiming to be her father?
Pic related, this level/type of crazy dude.

And the best part He's not even her real dad either, he's actually an android that's just been programmed to think he is and to find his daughter because of a promise to his dead "wife"

Also, tangentially related, what's the best way to start off with a busted cybernetic arm?

>>50409889
probably just a joke character, not a serious one. ignore and move on.
>>
>>50409957

You're getting awfully triggered over a character that successfully pulls off the absurdity of their concept and produces a compelling party member as a result.
>>
>>50410005
Honestly it's not very compelling.
>>
>>50409957
>character concept is thematically in line with mechanics
is that...bad?
>>
>>50409982
I think I just figured out what bugs me about this picture.

The entire thing is an active, tense pose, except for his right fucking arm which is just lazily draped over his sword.

As for the arm, maybe just fluff it? Then getting it 'fixed' s getting the benefits of it?
>>
>>50409982

God dammit the point of Nualia is she's supposed to be your typical evil priest summoning a death goddess, she's a classic staple of old DnD that just so happens to have perky tits and soft platinum hair.

She is undeserving of redemption.
>>
>>50409149
What if I said that I was thinking of going the Spell Warrior archetype, which replaces the Inspired Rage with a song that lets you add +1 and +2 at level 5, +3 at 10, +4 at 15 and +5 at 20 as a stacking enchant on weapons (Which you would think is useless for casters but you can also turn the enhancement into specials including dancing and defending) and replaces kenning and scribe scroll with counterspell related abilities (Scribe Scroll is replaced with Improved Counterspell, Spell Kenning is replaced with allowing me to counter a spell from any school by expending two slots, at 11 I can expend only 1 to counter any school and at 17 I get parry spell) and dirge of doom is replaced with the ability to expend song rounds equal to the spell level to counter it as an immediate action while I am singing.
>>
>>50410016
its not someone is just sperging
>>
>>50409889
Is it really worse than the chain-pregnancy Lamashtu worshipper?
>>
>>50410005
There is nothing compelling or successful about this piece of shit character, she's just a lump of fetishes thrown together.

>>50410016
When both the mechanics and theme are stupid and shit, yes.
>>
>>50409982
She beyond redemption. She's insane and has given herself to probably the most evil god (that is proactive that is) of the setting and is generally nuts. Also if the GM is going to change the fact that she is the quintessential CE priest enemy, then note that she doesn't give a flying fuck about anything than herself and her devotion to Lamashtu, the gobs are just cannon fodder and good supply of regular sacrifices.
>>
>>50410064
Roku's penis will redeem her
>>
>>50410023
>except for his right fucking arm which is just lazily draped over his sword.
To be fair, its among the heaviest and slowest weapons in the game. His arm is probably tired from swinging it at robots and real humans all day.

>>50410064
>>50410024
Then it'll be fun roleplaying my character breaking down and falling apart as he realizes his life has no purpose.
>>
>>50410064
>She beyond redemption.

You are not being the paladin that Shelyn knows you can be, anon.
>>
>>50410025
It is considered one of the better archtypes in the few guides I've seen.

I'm leery of the extreme limits on the enhancements, going up to 5 and being divided by the number of people affected. Though, the elemental bonus damage flexibility is nice, and ghost touch is niche but useful enough to be on such a toggle.

Counterspelling's usefulness depends fully on what you're going to be fighting, but spell casting and Spell-like Abilities become more common as you climb the CRs. And the big drawbacks to counterspelling are the handicaps to doing it directly. (Though, I think it still basically requires a readied action, though it may remove the spellcraft roll and it decidedly removes the other limitations.)

Lingering Perfomance could be quite nice here in the whole, tripling your effective rounds/day.
>>
>>50410178
Zon-Kuthon is LE. He hasn't totally left all semblance of morality behind, it's just warped. Also remember that Shelyn was the first to fight him.
>>
>>50410073

Roku's penis is like 22 inches long with girth to match, the only redemption he will be doing with that involves lots of lube and a total slut like Onryou or Zeldana.
>>
>>50410210

Yes; but she fought him out of love. No one is beyond redemption; you owe it to at least try.

I'm running a pathfinder game right now where the overarching theme is sin and redemption; targetted end goals involve Lamashtu, Zon-Kuthon, maybe even Asmodeus depending on how high my players set their sights. It's not going to be easy on any account for any of these, but if angels can fall, demons can rise, if you ask me. Redemption is always an option; it is rarely an easy option for anyone involved.
>>
>>50410178

Sarenrae is redemption, Shelyn is love and beauty.

Someone that warps love so utterly as Nualia is anathema to the Eternal Maiden; she's a father-killer, a beast fucker and a deliberate destroyer of beauty (in this case, herself.) Nualia is everything Shelyn opposes.
>>
>>50410179
I understood the splitting your enhancements as that many weapons per person because otherwise you might as well go empyreal Knight paladin for the same effect for yourself only. Otherwise giving +1 to your party at high levels doesn't seem that good
>>
>>50410247

>Party attempting to redeem Lamashtu

The only thing weirder than the attempt is what happens if they succeed.
>>
>>50410247

Why aren't they trying to redeem Nocticula, a goddess actively trying to rise?
>>
>>50410247
You have to want redemption. Dou-Bral might, but Zon-Kuthon is most likely an eldritch horror occupying Dou-Bral's skull. Asmodeus fought his brother to the death for his ideals. He may be lawful evil but he considers that to be the only proper place to stand. Lamashtu is thousands of years old, has killed and ravaged and raped that entire time with no desire to change.
>>
>>50410247
Zon-Kuthon is actually pretty much beyond redemption

He is a fucking insane monster, the only way to save him is death, and Shelyn is fucking weak for not ending him.
>>
>>50410290
Then the setting finally has a non-evil goddess of fertility.
>>
File: monster grill thread.png (277KB, 626x634px) Image search: [Google]
monster grill thread.png
277KB, 626x634px
>>50410290
>Lamashtu redeemed to LG
>becomes mother of beastial folk, finding the beauty within and without, fertility and pregnancy
>literally mother of monstergirls
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1920x1080px
>Want to make a character
>Can't decide what class
>Can't decide what character or backstory to give them
>so many options, I can't decide, need a way to pick them at random
>not currently going to be in any new campaigns, so there's no story to build around yet.
So, how do you guys pick something to make? I've tried my usual methods pf reading and listening to music, but there are just so many ideas that keep eluding my fingers that I can't settle on one.
Help!
>>
Does anyone have Strange Aeons PDFs?
>>
>>50410064
Llamashtu is not the most evil proactive god in the setting, Asmodeus and Zon-Kuthon fight over that title. Zon-Kuthon is in fact the god who answers the greatest number of prayers of ANY god, he is incredibly proactive in spreading and encouraging evil. Also Llamashtu has a strong neutral following among midwives.
>>50410024
She worships a LIFE goddess, not a death goddess, though thats pedantic. Also I'm not sure she's undeserving of redemption, she was led to her current life by abuse and some really fucked up calamities, which is a real mitigating factor compared to "i did it for fun/power".
>>
>>50410313

It already has one! It's uhh... what's her name, the mother of Ragathiel.
>>
>>50410338
>lso Llamashtu has a strong neutral following among midwives.
How do you even justify this? Like who would openly worship Llamshtu?
>>
>>50410312

What would Shelyn give you if you manage to either purify her glaive or cure Zon-Kuthon? I hear she offers boons to whoever frees even a single soul from her weapon.

Also Zon-Zon is the monster inhabiting her brother's body, her little otouto is still in there somewhere.
>>
>>50410269
Her father didn't love her and merely used his position to abuse her, her love was pure and yet was met only with betrayal. I'm pretty certain shelyn would think it tragic that anyone could go their entire life never being loved by anyone.
>>
>>50410351
You pray to her to placate her so she doesn't corrupt the kid.
>>
>>50410269

Sarenrae is redemption, but I feel like of all the good deities, Shelyn is the one most likely to feel strongly enough about evil deities to give it a try. She is expressely able to love *everyone*, after all; literally only Rovagug dislikes her, and she herself is on neutral terms with most evil deities, which is more than Sarenrae can say. Furthur, let me quote you the paladin's code of Shelyn.

I am peaceful. I come first with a rose. I act to prevent conflict before it blossoms.
I never strike first, unless it is the only way to protect the innocent.
I accept surrender if my opponent can be redeemed and I never assume that they cannot be. All things that live love beauty, and I will show beauty's answer to them.
I will never destroy a work of art, nor allow one to come to harm unless greater art arises from its loss. I will only sacrifice art if doing so allows me to save a life, for untold beauty can arise from an awakened soul.
I see beauty in others. As a rough stone hides a diamond, a drab face may hide the heart of a saint.
I lead by example, not with my blade. Where my blade passes, a life is cut short, and the world's potential for beauty is lessened.
I live my life as art. I will choose an art and perfect it. When I have mastered it, I will choose another. The works I leave behind make life richer for those who follow.

"I accept surrender if my opponent can be redeemed and I never assume that they cannot be" and "I see beauty in others. As a rough stone hides a diamond, a drab face my hide the heart of a saint." and "Where my blade passes, a life is cut short, and the world's potential for beauty is lessened." are the important ones here; Nualia has sinned, but *no one* is beyond redemption under the gaze of the Eternal Rose; beauty is something that can be brought back. Sarenrae may hold the purview of Redemption in her divine portfolio, but Shelyn is the one most likely to not give up on the attempt.
>>
>>50410359
Yeah dude i'm sure Dou-bral is really still in there, do you think he was happier before or after he tortured his father and tormented him into a monstrous beast that enjoys only pain?
>>
>>50410320
Choose. You will never play all your characters, so simply and forcefully if needed choose one you want to play the most and would think you would have the most fun playing.
>>
>>50410351
Tell me have you ever met a mother? Some scales or sharp teeth aren't going to stand in the way of a mother's love. The midwives rarely practice their religion OPENLY but they do it because Llamashtu makes sure the children survive and grow up healthy, these midwives primarily exist in lands of great difficulty and strife. Llamashtu doesn't always mutate offspring and even if she did many women would rather a deformed child than a dead one.
>>
>>50410351
monstrous races, people who desire fertility, people who want the strength of beasts, people who desire to have someone apreciate them despite their hideousness, the deformed, and the outcasts of society.
>>
>>50410300

Because she hasn't had a presence in game yet; it's only just started, so they've only dealt with Lamashtans and Shelynites (so by extension Zon-Kuthon, since I consider the faiths to be linked) so far; also because I forgot Nocticula existed. Thanks anon!
>>
>>50410338

That's the entire point of Nualia and the unfortunate genius of Paizo during their early years; they looked at the eponymous Evil Priest character and asked themselves "what the hell makes someone become this way?" And then worked towards the natural conclusion that is Nualia.

She is unredeemable and deserving of death as befitting her Evil Priestess status, but you're supposed to feel damn bad about it because you find her journal after ending her.
>>
>>50410313
That would be a change.
Feels like "reproduction" is seen as evil over at paizo's, possibly because it may involve the dreaded penis, which by its mere existence is committing rape.

Or some other retarded bullshit.
>>
>>50410403
The best example is Rosemarie's baby
>>
>>50410459
THE PENIS IS EVIL
>>
>>50410403

Honestly I'm kind of glad we've got some hardcore mother characters applying for the campaign because I would genuinely be interested in seeing how Svana or Amalthea react to a Goddess that perverts the purity of motherhood.
>>
>>50410469
THE MAGIC MISSILE IS GOOD!
>>
>>50410480
Llamashtu does not pervert the purity of motherhood, I'm not sure where you get the impression that they do.
Llamashtu is evil certainly and encourages evil acts with evil results, but evil motherhood is no less motherhood.
>>
>>50410469
>>50410459
What if it's a feminine penis?
>>
So how bullshit would it be for a level 3 PC to successfully escape the Frozen Shadows if they wanted him dead?
>>
>>50409149
This is entirely true. My GM approached me once when I was playing a Skald, and he told me, "Anon, you're playing the class wrong. Here, I'll allow you to fully retrain into Bloodrager, it's more what you had in mind."

I stepped over my pride, and yeah, this is true. The Skald is a Bard, not a Barbarian. I ended up playing exactly the same character, but just twice as much effective wrecking shit.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (114KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
114KB, 1500x844px
>>50410351
>>50410351
>Like who would openly worship Llamshtu?
Mercy, for the poor wizened child
>>
>>50410497
Then it's not gay, but it's still evil
>>
>>50410443

I fucking love Burnt Offerings because of how much of it is a love letter to old DnD staples; you've got the unscrupulous mercenary, the wicked wizard and the goblins attacking a sleepy village on the behest of their evil priest overlord that seeks to summon forth great corruption into the world.

It's only during the campaign you discover the mercenary is handled realistically, the wizard has self-image problems and the priestess is literally insane.
>>
Nascent Demon Lords have domains listed, is this for characters who choose to worship them if they become full demon lords or can they grant divine spellcasting?
>>
>>50410511

The Frozen Shadows are a challenge for a level 4-5 group using single-class, Core rules.

A level 3 gestalt with initiator or spheres levels will have no trouble escaping them.
>>
>>50410272
Hm, it could be read that way, or it could go the way I off handed it.

That's something to bring up with your GM. Their reading is what will come down on.

I agree that it's underpowered compared to normal is it is divided by each affected weapon, rather than the full bonus to each person, which is then divided amongst their weapons.
>>
>>50410521
The wizard is a turbo cunt assburger which collects body waste from Tsuto.
>>
File: SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEE.jpg (12KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEE.jpg
12KB, 367x202px
>>50410399
>Choose.
BUT HOW DO I CHOOSE!
>>
>>50410549

Exactly! She's a fucking weirdo with self-esteem issues and a puppy crush on a by-that-point dead character.

>>50410555

Tell us the ideas and we'll tell you which is fucking gay and which is fookin legend.
>>
>>50409958
>Someone likes my concept
>Someone likes my character
Is this what true happiness feels like?
>>
>>50410555

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear,
I will choose freewill!
>>
>>50410536
>or can they grant divine spellcasting?

This, same way Hero-Gods can grant divine spellcasting even though they're not quite divine.
>>
>>50409679
>Necromancy

Don't they have some of the better spells you can shoot out of a gun, anon?
>>
I did apply a character for Rise of the Jadelords thinking that the events of Burnt offerinfs did happen already.
>>
>I am literally about to justify my characters Harbinger levels as using his teenage angst about a girl as motivation for his training
Somebody stop me!
>>
>>50410611
DHB, is that you?

I remember that Ricktor was originally designed as if Burnt Offerings had already happened.
>>
>>50410586
Necromancy's big draw in Enervation, but it does have nice rays...

I suppose i'll have to take opposition school research, but Abjuration has great defense, Conjuration and Transmutation have fantastic spells that all scale for me, and Illusion contains shit like colorspray

Maybe i could drop Abjuration or Illusion since i'll have a better hit die though.. .iii doon't knooowww
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>50410576

You've got what all applicants aspire for; people giving you a virtual handjob on how much they like your character.

Bask in this anon, work on expanding Svana's backstory and you'll have a solid shot at getting a spot in the campaign!

>>50410626
>Somebody stop me!

How about NO? Harbingers are edgy assholes, and being an angsty teen is perfect reason to manifest razor-sharp killing powers!
>>
>>50410628
No. I am the guy that applied a witch oracle aasimar named Kanela.
>>
Can I get a ruling on Strange Aeons?

Is it shit?
Redeemable concept?
Second-Darkness tier bad?
Or just completely bland and forgettable like Giantslayer?
>>
>>50410637
Drop Illusion. I know it's hard to not think like a regular wizard, but if you're a spellslinger, you're going to have to

ghehehehe

bite the bullet

anon
>>
File: Being a Martial in PF.png (802KB, 918x868px) Image search: [Google]
Being a Martial in PF.png
802KB, 918x868px
>>50410569
>Tell us the ideas
That's the problem, I can't get to the idea phase because I can't decide where to start from. There are so many classes I'd like to play with dozens of options that I can't pick that way.
I can't pick based on backstory, since I'm not building for any new campagins right now, so I can't base a character there
And I can't base it off an existing character, because there are so many cool character that I'd want to base a character off of like Samus Aran, John Wick, or Nyx Ulric.

PLus I may never even use the characters because they may never be appropriate for a campaign, or they may be redundant compared to the rest of the party. And that scares me and paralyzes me.

Maybe I should give up and just go back to making more homebrew content again. I've still gotta finish those archetypes sometime.

I just feel like I've lost control of my life/brain/autism
>>
>>50410654

Oh, well in that case... Hrm, lemme re-read your backstory.

Dude, just delete a bit here and there, you're 5 minutes of revision away from being Burnt Offerings friendly!

I know you can do it, anon!
>>
>>50410656
Strange Aeons become interesting at the third module.
The first one was uninspired and the second ones does have enemies that really make no sense.
>>
>>50410549
WOAH. I thought Chocolate TItty Wizard just stole his clothes and shit.
>>
>>50410678

Dude, DUDE.

Base your character off John Wick, become the Slayer you were born to be!
>>
>>50410699
Nail clippings and hair in a jar
>>
>>50410662
I suppose, especially since my defense will actually be pretty decent with my statline..

I'll probably still grab oppo research for some evocation spells later
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (237KB, 1279x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
237KB, 1279x1179px
>>50410718

>mfw she was Yandere before Yandere was cool
>>
File: PZO90109.jpg (297KB, 771x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO90109.jpg
297KB, 771x1000px
>>50410689
Any hints as to what about the first one falls flat?

I'm reading it right now, but if I don't find anything interesting in it, I might just dump the whole thing.

Can I get like, a basic summary of all the events up through the first two or three books?
>>
>>50410038
She never worshiped Lamastu.
>>
File: you can be my wingman anytime.jpg (29KB, 666x360px) Image search: [Google]
you can be my wingman anytime.jpg
29KB, 666x360px
>>50410702
>>50410678
Actually, talking it out, I think I may have figured out an answer.

I'll take each AP/Campaign thing, and I'll make a full party of 5 characters based off of the AP, followed by several 4-5man parties based off a particular inspiration theme.

I will then make the characters, with the restriction of having no two identical class option types.

Thanks anons, talking this out helped a lot.
>>
>>50410751
It starts off spooky and hectic, but then it drops the horror and becomes par for the course with a slightly spooky back drop
>>
>>50410662
I suppose i can make the most of my touch spells via reach spell
>>
>>50410797
I've gotten through the opening, so I can tell that much.

Alright, another question; Are ANY parts of it salvageable?

I was considering doing something Bloodborne-esque (starting off horror, but mundane and just creepy, and then slowly transitioning into full Lovecraft). Is there any cool stuff in there that might fit?
>>
>>50410751
First module is about escaping the ruined asylum. Characters are amnesiac and find hints their conditions was induced by a former boss.
Second module takes place in Trushmoor and deals with the PCs trying to find Count Lowls
Third module is about exploring the Dreamlands so the party can recover their memories.
>>
>>50408478
losing in a card game
>>
>>50410870
how about A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME??
>>
Rolled 11, 7 + 4 = 22 (2d12 + 4)

What's a good second half if I want to make a half-giant Steelfist Commando written as a former Taldan oil wrestler whose unfortunate injury in the ring forced him into an early retirement?

Rolling because why the fuck not.
>>
File: 449.png (387KB, 544x594px) Image search: [Google]
449.png
387KB, 544x594px
>>50410904
>22

MOTHER OF GOD
>>
File: ShWRGx.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ShWRGx.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
>>50410904
>>
File: 1444533519982.jpg (32KB, 729x522px) Image search: [Google]
1444533519982.jpg
32KB, 729x522px
>>50410904
>+str -dex race
>on a steelfist
For what purpose?
>>
File: 1479957120659.jpg (34KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1479957120659.jpg
34KB, 500x281px
>>50410904
>>
>>50410843
>Third module is about exploring the Dreamlands so the party can recover their memories.
I'm guessing your memories depend on which Story Trait you pick at chargen?
>>
>>50410904

Depending on alignment, paladin could work! Or psychic warrior for buffs, wi9th some archetype or something; I'll admit I"m not familiar with the options there.

Also, 22 inches? Zeldana's found a friend!
>>
File: Exec.png (170KB, 274x450px) Image search: [Google]
Exec.png
170KB, 274x450px
>>50410942
>not being a proud strength build
STRONG PRIDE WORLDWIDE

DEX FAGS CAN EAT A DICK
>>
File: DRILLS.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
DRILLS.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>50410983
>strengthfags
>not getting rekt by dexfags since 2009

kek
>>
>>50410995
What about bothfags?
>>
File: DunMeshFrog.png (520KB, 717x562px) Image search: [Google]
DunMeshFrog.png
520KB, 717x562px
>>50410942
>>50410983
Can't we just get along
>>
>>50411001
My son you must choose

You can be a strengthfag

or a dexfag.
>>
>>50411003
You know where we are?

Would we really be here if we could?
>>
>>50410983
>it's the same background pattern as Omza

I'm wise to your tricks!

>>50410995
>dexfags
>so rekt by strengthfags that they have to make their own rules not to get rekt
>>
>>50410942

Because half-giant fits the idea of a big, tough guy with large hands rolling about with another guy glistening in the hot Taldan sun, grunting as they exert themselves to dominate the other.

>>50410956
>paladin could work!

Oooh, that would work great, especially if I go Paladin of Kurgess! A loud, proud wrestler always eager to help others give it their all? Exactly what I was going for.

This guy would ruin her, anon. 22 inches is pretty much horse-dick, to say nothing of his powerful grip and immense strength!
>>
>>50410497
That you'd ask that is a sure sign that you're a faggot in denial.
>>
What happens if you Gestalt Wizard and Arcanist?
>>
>>50411040
your group calls you faggot
>>
>>50411013
>strengthfags
>not the victims of endless backstabbing

Does this trigger you?
>>
>>50411040
you ruin everyone's time
>>
>>50411040
Nobody wants to play with you
>>
File: spacejam.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
spacejam.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Suggestions of a fun balanced no holds barred basket ball match
>>
>>50411017
Sure, but then why steelfist? Wouldn't regular work better for armor and stuff? And this is ignoring the fact that warlord is a cha based class and halfgiant is a wis race.
>>
>>50410953
Actually the dreamwuests aren't that tematic. You must obtain items ehich could be of interest for Abdul Al-Hazred who is a level 20 spellcaster.
Ah, in one of the quest you might be end fighting the Old One Bokrug.
>>
File: Gun priest.png (228KB, 274x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gun priest.png
228KB, 274x450px
>>50411013
>I'm wise to your tricks!
I'm just a simple man that happens to think a certain game has some neat designs.
>>
File: john-wick-keanu-reeves.jpg (434KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
john-wick-keanu-reeves.jpg
434KB, 1920x1080px
>>50410702
>John Wick

Why do I love him so much? Is it because Wick is just a living stereotype? Why is Keanu such a good guy?
>>
File: sunlight straight sword.jpg (30KB, 202x344px) Image search: [Google]
sunlight straight sword.jpg
30KB, 202x344px
>>50410983
>>50410995
>>50411053
>>50411013
>Dexfags
>Strefags
>Not being Quality Master Race
gg, git gud scrub
>>
>>50411040
You get a book to the head
If online, you get banned and whenever you try to join a game you are denied
>>
>>50411040
Jack Vance comes back to life to punch you in the face.
>>
>>50411067
>Sure, but then why steelfist? Wouldn't regular work better for armor and stuff?

Not really, Steelfist gives me all the hand-to-hand stuff I want, pluuuus it gives me a bonus to fighting lightly armored, if wearing anything at all!

>And this is ignoring the fact that warlord is a cha based class and halfgiant is a wis race.

Pfft, I'll find a way to make it work, half-giant is a conscientious choice to make a huge-ass guy who's exceptionally talented in the ring due to his immense size. He's the Bronzed Colossus of Cassomir!
>>
>>50411009

But my strength and dexterity are equal and I'm currently set up as a switch hitter!

>>50411017

Oh, but what a ruining it would be! And besides, that's what healing magic is for!
>>
>>50411040
Isn't that really inefficient in a gestalt?
>>
>>50411079
Its because he's a cool guy who avenged his doggo even when he didn't want no trabble
Also, because Keanu is a vampire, hence why he's aged so well.
>>
File: eyebrows intensify.gif (839KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows intensify.gif
839KB, 500x650px
>>50411094
>switch hitter

We all know what that means
>>
>>50411088
You could do some thing like myrmidon fighter with entropic sage hedgewitch.
>>
>>50411111
That would make like 3 Entropic Sages now.
>>
>>50411111
nice digits my friend
>>
File: Really.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
Really.gif
4MB, 204x204px
Why is character creation so hard? Why are there so many options? Why are so many options such garbage?
>>
>>50411144
because this is pathfinder and we happy shitpigs here in /pfg/ revel in it
>>
>>50411117
I just like it, okay?
Who all is an entropic sage?
>>
>>50411094

Be prepared for plenty of aftercare and Lay on Hands! Just because he's a beast in the sheets doesn't mean he's an uncaring lover, though you and I both know Zeldana can take quite a beating!

>>50411111

Redpill me on Myrmidon Fighter or Entropic Sage Hedgewitch, what makes them a better pick than Paladin? Because I'm falling in love with the mental image of this guy being an absolute machine in the ring, and after his unfortunate accident winds up settling down in Sandpoint to be a cool role model or even be a teacher, I like to think he's great with kids.
>>
>>50411144
I can't not see those as tenga from the thumb.
>>
>>50411161
Omza and Silvia
>>
>>50411166

If I may, on the subject of paladins, the Enlightened Paladin archetype may be up your alley for this character.
>>
>>50411166
Myrmidon fighter just werks, or rather, has enough feats on top of it's great discipline selection.

Entropic sage I just meme because I like unarmed energy blade and wis to AC while unarmored. Nice things for a wis based mid-caster gestalt usually.
>>
File: 1410455795302.jpg (171KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
1410455795302.jpg
171KB, 600x799px
Working on a homebrew archetype for Skalds. Post the most metal Skalds you have.
Pic not really related, I don't have bard or skald pictures sadly
>>
File: 1437779336568.jpg (123KB, 682x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1437779336568.jpg
123KB, 682x1010px
>>50411205

Oh my GOD, Enlightened Paladin is absolutely, 100%, the thing I was looking for with this character. I love it, anon! Thank you so much!

>>50411216

Hrm, Myrmidon Fighter seriously does werk but those maneuvers are such a gosh darn pain for the poor DM, imagine having two initiating classes! How am I supposed to keep that from becoming a huge ole headache? Thank you so much anon, but I think I'll settle with Steelfist.

The less clothes he needs to wear while in combat, the better.
>>
File: tr.jpg (95KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tr.jpg
95KB, 600x900px
I'm rolling a tiefling rogue for a new round of pathfinder game, I'm not really sure how to play him however, We've been told that somehow we have been imprisoned but I don't want to go with the whole, "they thought me evil" trope with tiefling, any ideas /tg/?
>>
>>50411337
>ROGUE

BAIL BAIL BAIL BAIL BAIL(you're at least unchained right?)
>>
>>50411349
Yeah, unchained rogue. God who would play base?
>>
>>50411354
OH THANK GOD YOU HAVE A CHANCE.
>>
File: hakan_by_omuk-d6ez1o0.jpg (133KB, 783x1019px) Image search: [Google]
hakan_by_omuk-d6ez1o0.jpg
133KB, 783x1019px
>>50410904
>Former Oil Wrestler
Does he have eight daughters?
Are they all so pretty?
>>
>>50411362
I'm curious though why such aversion to rogue?
>>
>>50411337

They thought you shouldn't be in the Duke's bedroom with his wife.
>>
>>50410904
>oil wrestler
>half-giant for the size
I want fetishposters to leave
>>
>>50411381
Because its pretty bad even as far as martials go

Unchained Rogue is playable you just have to optimize pretty hard. Its a fun challenge if you're into that
>>
>>50411387
No one expects the Spanish inn physician
>>
So I think I settled on what I'm gonna be sitting down to run.

Strange Aeons has some ideas I was already thinking about (the dream stuff), so I'll basically be writing Bloodborne, but with Vampires instead of Werewolves. Same dream stuff, Great Old Ones, and gothic theming (Ustalav all day).

Now to sit down and write it.
>>
>>50411376

Anon please! He always makes sure to use protection or use other holes.
>>
>>50411400
I'm going down, knife master alt. as well as that we're doing some shenanigans with a modified 3.5 invisible blade prestige class, without the retarded feat prerequisite.
>>
>>50411434
you'll probably be ok.
>>
is it bad I was to NTR Ameiko by stealing away Ricktor?
>>
what are the best archetypes for UC Rogue that isn't Eldritch Scoundrel? I know Phantom Thief throws combat out the window for utility, but what cool stuff is there?
>>
File: NTR.gif (364KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
NTR.gif
364KB, 320x240px
>>50411456
>>
>>50411472
I said earlier in a row that I'm going with knife master mostly for the d8's rather than d6's upping my average damage. I like it. I took a look at scout for a while but didn't feel like I could make it work, to squishy.
>>
>>50411472
Thug is great for Intimidate builds, but that's usually a 1 level dip.
>>
>>50411399

I'm going to be honest with you, anon. This is a character first and smut a distant second, mostly there because this is a lewd campaign.
>>
/pfg/, which RotJR characters would you say have good backstories, descriptions or personalities?

I'm trying to find examples to model mine after.
>>
File: 1475095447615.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475095447615.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
>>50411523
Sure, pal. Whatever you need to tell yourself.
>>
>>50411524
Despite the memes NToRacle has a really cool backstory, themes, and NPCs. His backstory has all the right stuff.
>>
>>50411545
I'm struggling with NPCs myself but i'm not too worried at this point
>>
File: Fennec-Fox--750x500.jpg (80KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fennec-Fox--750x500.jpg
80KB, 750x500px
>>50411524

I'm liking Casimir. He seems like a cool guy.
>>
>>50411524
I particularly like Anja and Casimir. It can be difficult to go lovecraftian without resorting to the dark brooding insanity type stuff, and Casimir is just cool all around.
>>
>>50411545
I notice that he has burnt offerings accounted for in his backstory. How does that work?

>>50411568
I like Casimir's description, it seems like a decent model for explaining how they look with a bit more flair
>>
>>50411556
Like this is what NToRacle has:
>deadbeat now probably dead father
>disappeared mentor who might be important to his curse
>cool mercenary uncles who didn't take him in because hard life
>priest he now lives with now and helps him research
>old street kids he knows but kept at arm's length
>Ameiko as a both a motivator to improve
>>
>>50411472
>best
>eldritch scoundrel
Anon...
>>
>>50411608
>I notice that he has burnt offerings accounted for in his backstory. How does that work?
He used to, not anymore I think.
>>
>>50411610
I probably won't put in that much, my characters tend to be a bit more of outsiders to an area Kind of as a crutch as my golarion knowledge is a bit lacking so I can play with that to have the character and learn with them
>>
>>50411640

Tell us a smidgeon about the character and we will tell you everything there is to know about their potential homeland.
>>
Ok, I'm obviously not gonna be playing your RotJR game (I've got my own), but since we're talking characters:

>Family is Minkaian, came to Sandpoint with Ameiko's family from Brinewall (possibly related to Tsutamu, if you really need that much story connection)
>At the age of 16, a sense of claiming some sort of destiny sent him back to Minkai to join the military.
>Returns 10+ years later, his military service leaving him disenfranchised and wanting to get away from war.
>Begin campaign where he has to reluctantly continue his role as battlefield commander, when he just wants to drink beer & tell jokes.
>Get married & have a nice family with Ameiko. The throne can fuck off.
>>
How do i determine a familiars CR for the purpose of spell resistance from the fiendish template?
What alignment is a familar?
>>
>>50408478
Can we stop having those OP pics? I always miss these threads from the catalog assuming its another bait thread.
>>
>>50408780
sounds like an amazing gm
>>
>>50411698
I'm still figuring the homeland out, all I know is ratfolk mang.
>>
>>50408906
treasure your gm
>>
>>50411729

Ratfolk would be Druma, the land of Jewery.
>>
>>50411707
So, I wonder

Can the PCs take the throne for themselves?
>>
>>50411738

There's also the Deepmarket under Goka in western Tian Xia, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: beast blooded populations.png (1MB, 721x872px) Image search: [Google]
beast blooded populations.png
1MB, 721x872px
>>50411738
N-not all ratfolk are from Druma, you bully!
>>
>>50411769
Why are there Kitsunes in Varisia and the Linnorm Kings?
>>
File: poco.png (33KB, 261x560px) Image search: [Google]
poco.png
33KB, 261x560px
>>50411769

>nagaji
>>
>>50411776

Because Ulfen love them some Tian maidens to enslave and they don't care if they turn into foxes sometimes.
>>
>>50411769

Oho, you're right! Ratfolk are present wherever there is money to be made or stolen!
>>
RotJR DM just shut down aasimar faggotry
>>
Guys, I'm making an Initiating Skald, and would like your opinions and ideas.

I'm theming the archetype off of Heavy Metal, and would like some inspiration for metal themed/named raging songs you all think would be brutal to have.
>>
>>50411788
DON'T BULLY
>>
>>50411788
So, Ratfolks are the Jews of Golarion?
>>
>>50411776

Linnorm Kingdoms have a huge Tien population, which includes Kitsune.
>>
>>50411792
What do you mean by aasimar faggotry?
>>
>>50411786

Considering a portion of the Ulfen population turns into horrific werebeasts sometimes, that's a reasonable attitude to take.
>>
>>50411792
Frankly, I'm just glad to have an answer yea or nay.

TIME FOR 7 WIS MOTHA LOVAS

GONNA MAKE JJ PROUD WOOOOOOO
>>
>>50411797
Reap the Whirlwind.
>>
>>50411817

The Ulfen love their werebeasts, anon!
>>
>>50411748
Doesn't the artifact make them all into potential heirs, it's just the Ameiko is the first in line to the throne?
>>
>>50411797
>Back in Black
>You draw power from the Shadow Planes, allowing you to Hide in Plain sight as long as you maintain the performance in an area of dim light or less.
>>
>>50411849

Exactly. Hence why they're chill about the foreigners who turn into foxes.
>>
>>50411769
Is there pdf of blood of the beast floating around yet?
>>
>>50411871

>a fox is fine, too
>>
>>50411876
there was a mega up in the last thread or two that had it
>>
Is Sacred Summons worth it for a chaotic evil cleric?
>>
>>50411907
Found it thank you anon.
>>
>>50408478
> yfw Profession (painter) refers to painting walls ceilings and signs. Not art
>>
>>50411939
It's for whatever the fuck you want it to be, man.

It's not like the list of common professions are the only ones in goddamn existence.
>>
>>50410904

>Huge hunk of a man
>Professional wrestler
>Great with kids
>Almost two feet of dick

Oh gosh I'm in love.
>>
>>50411958
there's also, Artistry
>>
>>50411939
>Profession (Artist)

Wat do.
>>
>>50411894

>Look, Sven, sometimes your wife is going to turn into a terrifying amalgamation of woman and animal. It happens.
>>
File: 1476541050120.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476541050120.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>50411523
See >>50411976 and tell me it wasn't smut first.
>>
>>50411992
>what you've gotta do is pin her down even harder and dick it out of her
>this can last through the full moon sometimes. Good luck my man.
>>
>>50411994

T-three out of four is still a passing grade! Only one of those is lewd!
>>
>>50412033
Nigga, that's 2/4 if you don't count wrestler and 1/4 if you do.

Apply yourself
>>
>>50412047

I am applying myself, which is why I'm writing the character like I would for a normal campaign and keeping the lewd for later!
>>
>>50412004
This is the sort of advice that adventuring power couples are built on.
>>
>>50411989
Starve
>>
File: n4gpdeuDDn1rofoqgo1_250.gif (891KB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
n4gpdeuDDn1rofoqgo1_250.gif
891KB, 230x173px
>>50412047

>Some people don't count professional wrestler as a turn-on

What a bunch of candyasses.
>>
>>50412063

Are you telling us he's a Genetic FREAK?
>>
>>50412118
You know what they say about the cream?

IT RISES TO THE TOP

https://youtu.be/8C4lK41SX-Q
>>
File: diplomacy.gif (2MB, 299x173px) Image search: [Google]
diplomacy.gif
2MB, 299x173px
Looking for advice
made a myrmidon fighter, guantlets/dirty tricks and pistol shooting
he uses broken blade, fool's errand and some tempest gale for shooting his pistols
i have been using mithral current for counters and such, but im looking at primal fury, and it has some nice stuff
what would people recommend? use broken blade for the damaging stuff and keep using mithral current for versatility, or add on primal fury for MAXDAMAGEPOUNCING
>>
>i have to choose 10 level 1 spells

Fuck me.
>>
>>50412280
easy
what spell list?
>>
>>50411857
>>50411797
>>50411838
Okay, new idea.

I'm going to have a basic ability gained at 1st level based upon a particular genre of Metal, followed by a choice to either get a better ability for your genre or branch into a second genre at 7th level.

The genres so far are
>Black
>Death
>Folk
>Heavy
>Glam
>Power
>Progressive
>Speed
>Thrash
>Industrial
Now I just gotta think of good unique abilities and good song or band titles to associate with them.

And efore you ask, the name of this first ability will be Black Sabbath (as each genre will be referred to as a sabbath), and the upgrade at 7th I've picked the tentative title "Warriors of the World"

Thoughts, as well as anything to add would be appreciated
>>
>>50412157

If he's a genetic freak then Onryou is A Big Show
>>
New thread: >>50412312
>>50412312
>>50412312
>>50412312
>>
>>50412306

Battlefield by Blind Guardian? Seems like an easy pick. Hell, just about anything from their Night At the Opera album.
>>
>>50412319
I'm like 90% sure this is just the shitfinder faggot trying to get /pfg/ banned.
>>
File: PF Nagaji Farmer.jpg (25KB, 491x523px) Image search: [Google]
PF Nagaji Farmer.jpg
25KB, 491x523px
>>50411783
Ayyyy
>>
>>50412338
I was saving Blind Guardian for the Power 7th level ability. For the 1st level Power ability, I was going with Rhapsody of Fire.
>>
File: 1457124254411.gif (2MB, 420x428px) Image search: [Google]
1457124254411.gif
2MB, 420x428px
>>50412314

What happens when the Genetic Freak and the Big Show decide to do a little tumble?
>>
>>50408653
My wilder ended up with 5 strength (I rolled stats and got 15, 11, 14, 15, 18 and a 5 and I decided to keep the lineup). Fluffed it as part of the illness that killed her as a kid (she got brought back as part of the arisen/apotheosis story feats).

Her stat lineup ended as 5 str, (14+2)16 dex, (15+2)17 con, (15-2)13 int, 18 cha and 11 wis.
>>
>>50410351
Homebrew Jel race have a not-insignificant following of lamashtu, probably only notable because they don't have much involvement with gods at all.3

potentially magical realm here - but Jels tend to have really easy births/pregnancies and a propensity for twins... combined with their unusual race and lack of a deity of their own basically makes them a shoe-in for lamashtan's. They often feel like outcasts among society and they greatly desire a place of love and respect - Lamashtu offers that to them.
>>
>>50412383

Oh you didn't know? Your ass better call somebody!!!
>>
gareth around?
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.