[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 48

File: 115.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Commanders You've Never Fucking Heard Of Edition

Previous: >>50371918

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>50384571
The other day i heard some anon was trying to make a clone tribal/copy spell deck so that their deck would always have an appropriate power level.

I also remember a different anon asking for a deck that let them control as much of another persons deck as possible to piss off turbo autists that won't let you touch their decks/spent a lot of money on the decks.

Can i get a decklist/status update on the projects. They've been stuck in my head the past few days.
>>
Does Alesha fit into Zurgo Helmsmasher? What would she target? I'm thinking she could be useful to fetch Burnished Hart and Silent Arbiter perhaps but I'm not sure if she's worth including.
>>
the guy who does the judge thread seems to have fucked off for over a week now

anyone know what happens when a manifested card becomes a copy of another creature? can you still flip it?
>>
File: 90.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>50384633
forgot pic
>>
>>50384633
Well that would depend on the Zurgo list, wouldn't it?
>>
>>50384633
>Does Alesha fit into Zurgo Helmsmasher?
Not really. Alesha is better at the helm
>>
File: iname-as-one-cropped.jpg (162KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
iname-as-one-cropped.jpg
162KB, 464x664px
>>50384571
>shit commanders edition
okay
>>
>>50384662
Bitch I know Iname.
>>
>>50384608
Not the anon you were talking about, but I actually tried my hand at a clone/copy deck once, here's my list while you wait for the other anon. It hasn't been updated in a while, so I bet there's new stuff you could use

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hey-i-need-to-borrow-your-deck/
>>
File: 29dicks.png (75KB, 448x141px) Image search: [Google]
29dicks.png
75KB, 448x141px
>>50384686
>>
>>50384737
That's just a count of people dumb enough to not throw Iname away
>>
>>50384634
I'm not the judge guy but I know this one. face down/face up is a status like tapped/untapped or phased in/phased out. a face down card is always a vanilla typeless 2/2 and cannot be modified to become something else

>707.10. If a face-down permanent becomes a copy of another permanent, its copiable values become the copiable values of that permanent, as modified by its face-down status. Its characteristics therefore remain the same: the characteristics listed by the ability or rules that allowed it to be turned face down. However, if it is turned face up, its copiable values become the values it copied from the other permanent. See rule 706.3.

if you morph it while the "copy of something else" effect is still happening, it will flip up as that copy of something. it's pretty silly.
>>
>>50384633
if you had zurgo with a bunch of small helper creatures like say hatebears, battlecry, and battalion instead of a more typical equips and boardwipesl voltron.
>>
>>50384758
>a face down card is always a vanilla typeless 2/2 and cannot be modified to become something else
well that's not necessarily correct, auras/equipment and counters can modify it
>>
>>50384758
In the case of manifest then, I pay the copied creature's cost to flip it? and if it wasn't a creature before, it can still be flipped as a copy of that creature?
>>
>>50384834
there's a rule that specifically says non-permanents cant be turned face up

>701.32e If a manifested permanent that’s represented by an instant or sorcery card would turn face up, its controller reveals it and leaves it face down. Abilities that trigger whenever a permanent is turned face up won’t trigger.
>>
File: 4b8.jpg (13KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
4b8.jpg
13KB, 200x260px
Hey guys if you could give some feedback on this yidris deck. Specifically I need more practical waifus and synergies.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yidris-and-waifu-force/
>>
>>50384876
>>701.32e If a manifested permanent that’s represented by an instant or sorcery card would turn face up, its controller reveals it and leaves it face down.
What if you flicker it?
>>
>>50384897
>400.4a If an instant or sorcery card would enter the battlefield, it remains in its previous zone.
>>
>>50384908
So it stays exiled?
Fuck, that means I misplayed last week with my Brago deck. That's a pain. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>50384892
>meren

for what purpose
>>
>>50384786
>>50384658
>>50384652
Thanks, noted.
This is my first Mardu deck. I'm just making it out of stuff I have lying around but it's mostly wipes and noncreature stuff: it's supposed to be voltron.
In general, should I be more worried about ramp or card draw?
>>
>>50384964
It's entirely personal preference, but I'd worry more about ramp. Black is one of the best colors for draw, usually in exchange for life, but ramp is tougher in those colors
>>
>>50384929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZG11UBoj-o
>>
>>50384931
get creatures back, abuse sacrifice mechanics

She's like a tamed back lifeline, which I would like to make a pretty central piece.
>>
Help /edhg/

Should I do Yidris or Vial Smasher+Kydele?
>>
>>50385196
Yidris.
>>
>>50385196
Be a bro and run my main man Vial Smasher.
>>
>>50385196
I play commanders to drastically change how I'd make and play my deck.

All the partner cards just seem to have such minor effects that you end up with a completely generic deck within specific archetypes.

Yidris on the other hand is "ALL the cascade!", which is pretty gamechanging.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>50385354
>man
>>
>>50385359
Pretty much share the same thoughts for partners. Although to me at least Vial Smasher was a bit of an exception to the rule, gotta admit I was pretty enamoured with the whole "Russian Roulette" idea, where you give her infect then cast something 10+ cmc to kill someone.
Of course, Yidris seems pretty damn fun too, although I'm having way too tough of a time figuring out how to build him, I'm purposely staying away from Chaos because chaos is for fags, and Storm because I dont wanna have to take the deck apart after 2 or 3 games cause of hate.
>>
>>50385056
Yidris is storm tho

No need to go for any creature shenanigans when you can win the game with one combat step.
>>
>>50385409
I know right? Fucking disgusting, almost triggered me as much as when shitlords call Gonti a he.
>>
So with all the overtime this holiday season I wanted to pick up a new deck specifically for my groups multiplayer games.

I will keep it simple:

Boros or Azorius and why?

Aurellia and Brago are already taken
>>
>>50385418
I get the storm angle, but I just want to play value creatures and fuck with cascade
>>
>>50385419
But he is gender neutral, get fucked.
>>
>>50385451
Or to specify before you flip out, it can be used as gender neutral too*
>>
File: Image.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>50384571
>>
>>50385427
Do you want to be the guy who watches other people play and maybe once or twice do something relevant, before losing to a sweeper?

Boros.

Do you want to be the guy who impacts the game and is constantly something that other players have to take into account?

Azorius.
>>
>>50385427

What kind of decks do you play now?

How competitive are you playing?
>>
File: 33b.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
33b.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>50384571
>>
>>50385466
>>50385582
If you haven't heard of them you wouldn't have been able to post them. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>50385491
Fair enough, I am a bit worried about making another blue deck.

Our Aurelia player does well for himself with boros but thats because no one else wants to play control.

I am torn between gwafa because pillowfort seems "fun" and hanna ship's navigator

>>50385531
>What kind of decks do you play now?
Talarand, Phenax, Jhoira, Ezuri CoP and eladamri

>How competitive are you playing?

Slightly above table top, no good tutors, hardly any boardwipes (besides Jhoira).

I had to sit my group down and address their lack of removal because no one would bring any but theyve gotten a bit better.

I think maybe two or three out of the ~20 decks in the group that I don't own have counterspells in them.
>>
>>50384662
Wow after considering this trash heap so many times I somehow never noticed the "from your hand" clause. This thing is hot garbage. Life aspect as far as I can tell is awful too but death aspect is actually pretty good. I run a list that has every mono black spirit worth running (and some that aren't) that just spends all day recurring them and sacing them until it wins. It's been pretty fun so far but would probably be garbage 1v1
>>
This is the prototype for a deck that is supposedly representative of /vp/, that is, creature focused, with an emphasis on Mana Ramp and Creaure buffs. Your basic Ramp up the Fatties Deck. We'll be using this in conjunction with another sister deck in a major event for the Winter Ball.

Anyway, using my extremely limited abilities as a deck-builder I managed to create this first draft.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vp-commander-challenge-deck/

You can probably tell, but it needs some serious work. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
>>
>>50385748
I'm confused.

Is this a competetive event, or just for fun?

Who are you competing with?

Are there any additional rules enforced?

Why did they pick you as their representative? No offense, but don't they have any intention of winning?

Is it 1v1?

If so, are you following the 1v1 or multiplayer banlists?
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
I want to make a deck centered around Permeating Mass, with pic related as commander. The goal is to make as many copies as possible. So far I just have stuff to force blocking and tutors, but haven't found anything to abuse Permeating Mass too much
>>
>>50385822
ok, from the beginning:

Members of the /tg/ Winter Ball thread thought it would be fun to challenge /vp/, our "date" for the winter ball, to MTG, after we had a huge overhyped event where we faced them in Pokemon.

The idea was to create Commander Duel Decks, Balancing one against the other in order to create an interesting match-up, while still being representative of both boards.

So it's us versus them, in a 1v1 match, probably best out of 3 or 5. Players will likely be decided through a preliminary tournament. the entire thing will be run through Xmage. Mostly for fun, but the hype for the Pokemon match was greater than that of any FNM tourney I've been too.

I'm basically the guy giving it momentum because I expressed the most interest in it, and because Winter Ball is on Holiday for Thanksgiving,and because /vp/ went dark after the release of Sun and Moon. We expect things to calm down a bit n a week, and hope to have the decks ready.
>>
Is there any secret tech for this gal? Looking to pair her with Reyhan for fun with 1/1 counters, and for sure will have kresh in the deck.
>>
>>50385935
sounds like you should work with the guy making the /tg/ deck to balance them against each other.

I suggest banning cards like Sol Ring and tutors etc that give the opportunity for wild variances in power, it can let one deck win without much competition, not good for a spectator match.

I assume there will also be a lot of non-mtg spectators, or at least people with very little knowledge of the game, so avoid too complicated effects.

Honestly, I feel Mayael is probably the most pokemon-esque commander there is.
>>
File: flankman and mustache.jpg (104KB, 554x371px) Image search: [Google]
flankman and mustache.jpg
104KB, 554x371px
It's a real shame there's no blue in here, because a buddy cop deck with these two would have been hilarious
>>
>>50385995
Ah, you misunderstand. I'm on the /tg/ side of things, and in order to keep things "fair" /tg/ will be designing both of them, then having each team practice with them over Xmage.

We chose Karametra because it was the more "fun" option. Also Gods. Gods are fun.
>>
File: 1480024687113.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480024687113.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>50385748
Your card choices are all over the place. So you want to make a beast tribal or something?
Have you considered xenagos as the commander? He uses fatties as the main wincon.
>>
>>50385978
I havent had the opportunity to use her or make a deck but eldrazi monument will work.
>>50385916
I think permeating mass will work better with red. Red and green have cards that force combat or block.
>>
>>50386163
Honestly since it was just me, I threw whatever seemed good at the time. No real design in mind other than Fatties, Mana Ramp, and a lot of smaller stuff to trigger off Karametra, then a couple of spells and artifacts to buff and removal if need be.

Xenagos may be a better choice...We liked the idea of /vp/ having a huge Mana Ramp and Huge Creatures, but if RG makes for a more interesting or overall better deck, there's no reason not to make the switch.

We're going at this completely raw, Sorry. If EDH General were given this problem, how would they approach it?
>>
>>50386250
Well, I'd try to decide on all (four?) of the decks at once at least.

Not design one at the time.
>>
>>50386250
You could have one deck be karametra and the other one be xenagos.
You could check out precon edh decks or the decks from the "x vs y" series to get an idea how to make beginner decks that interact with each other.
>>
File: Image (1).png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
127KB, 223x311px
I'm looking to put together these guys in a deck that isn't just reanimator/blink like a lot of lists I've seen and I had the idea to use as many cards that let me play with my own and other life totals as possible. What cards work well with this theme?
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
I forgot how fun Kataki death and taxes was to pilot.
>Rule of Law absolutely obliterating combo decks and UGX
>Dank cards like Kismet, Blinding Angel, Devout Witness, and Mana Tithe used to win games
>Shits on obnoxious decks like Breya, Arcum, and Daretti
Pic related, won me more games than I can count.
>>
>>50385978

I don't think there's any tech that hasn't already existed for normal token decks. In this case, you want shit that boosts her power and extra combats with haste, and Cathars Crusade is a must of you're paired into white.

>Swing
>saplings
>crusade triggers
>extra combat
>swing
>more saplings and triggers
Ect

I will probably pair her with the Weaver for some built in card draw with the tokens, which also gets me black and white token shit.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>
>>50384794
It's true as far as copy effects are concerned.
>>
File: signed by artist.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
signed by artist.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>50385916
I love vhati! Good choice
>>
One of my good friends and a member of my playgroup moved away recently. We have a substitute fourth, but hes kinda a shit. New guy gets butthurt about being the target of removal and holds grudges. Plus he takes for fucking ever to play his turn, but I don'f feel like I can joke around with him about it like I can with the rest of the group. I just feel like he'd take it too personally. I don't hate the dude, but it just sucks because it went from being such a fun enviornment to this thing it is now. I dunno. I am just gonna have to talk to him. Just wanted to vent.
>>
File: Wort, Boggart Auntie_LRW.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Wort, Boggart Auntie_LRW.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50387000
No worries,and yeah that crap happens. The new guy will eventually begin to conform to the rest of the group, play faster turns,and just be generally a better part of the meta. Fresh blood in the group will always be like that at first,and you're still comparing him to the guy that left. Look on the bright side,he will lead to diversity hopefully in the decks in the meta

Also, should I buy a foil and build this bitch
>>
>>50387040
I personally prefer Wort, The Raidmother to Auntie.
>>
File: Image.png (274KB, 444x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
274KB, 444x311px
>playing these sexy mofos
>grouphug turtle and generic g/u cancer goodstuffs as opponents
>grouphug has Oath of Druids, Walking Atlas and creature Teferi, along with various effects making attacks cost 7 mana per creature
>cancer player has 6 Acidic Slimes used to take a Breya player real early, a Consecrated sphinx, another Teferi, some other things
>I have 6 lands, a Reyhan, a Chasm Skulker, and a Fathom Mage

>play Realm Seekers for 25
>Oath gets me Champion of Lambholt on following turn
>sac Realm Seekers moving counters onto Champion via Reyhan
>swing at cancer with Reyhan, sac Champion moving the counters to Reyhan for lethal commander damage
>sac Reyhan onto the Fathom Mage, draw 28
>put 28 counters on squid
>sac both putting 50 something counters on Walking Archive
>pass the turn
>mandatory trigger
>drop mic
>>
>>50388278

>Worse Managorger Hydra
>At Mythic

lel
>>
>>50388350
>managorger hydra at legendary with partner
Sure she's not batshit broken, but she's not unplayable either
>>
>>50388385

She's fine, I just don't get why she couldn't have the Managorger trigger, she costs more and has a worse keyword (discounting Partner)
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50385978
I gotcha bro.
>>
>>50388466
>someone removes your sacrifice engine or board clears your creatures
[scooping intensifies]
>>
>>50388576
Sac it all in response drawing a bajillion cards? It's not that bad of a card.
>>
>>50388466
I laughed at the flavor text, for some reason I've never read it before even though I own the card.
>>
File: 1470781633761.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470781633761.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>Play Oracle of Mul Daya with no lands in hand
>Put 2 lands onto the battlefield off the top of my library
>>
>>50388944
I love when that happens. If I can cast him, I'll hold my lands in hand, in case I get to play from deck. It's so satisfying not to draw lands.
>>
File: orzhov.png (203KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
orzhov.png
203KB, 241x347px
Hey guys I'm pretty much done my gahiji meme deck, looking for some super secret tech additions though

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-16-lord-of-war/

It's a pretty typical Gahiji deck but I went really hard on the "make deals with other players" theme. Typically, I'll ask opponents not to attack me in exchange for some goodies later, and to help me with cards that specifically require teamwork.

But are there any cards that require an opponent's cooperation besides these ones? I really love doing these shady deals with other players

>Combustible Gearhulk
>Dawnbreak Reclaimer
>Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
>Death or Glory
>Humble Defector
>Tempt cards

More cards like that please?
>>
>>50388993
Throw Reverse the Sands in just for shiggles maybe.

Bitter Fued as well.
>>
>>50388278
So I guess these two are the "I want to play Atraxa but not get hated out first" Generals.
>>
I have commander ennui.
>>
File: Myojin of Night's Reach_CHK.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Myojin of Night's Reach_CHK.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
are the myojins secret tech with atraxa?
>>
File: Obstinate Familiar_OD.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Obstinate Familiar_OD.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
name a commander better tHan zada. YOU CAN'T
>>
>>50389107
Nugrenzo
>>
File: 171.jpg (60KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
171.jpg
60KB, 336x469px
>>50385427

Azorius. Force your playgroup to learn about removals and answers to things
>>
>>50389115
i've been meaning to ask something related to this

if you throw enough money at a mono-red deck, can you make it actually good when it comes to mana? i was thinking of making a grenzo deck with a ton of "red" ramp like gauntlet of power, burnished hart, etc, and then just hitting people with tons of evasive little dudes and goading them and casting all their shit
>>
>>50389085
They seem like a dead draw most the time. Too much mana.
>>
>>50389155
8 mana isn't too much for a "win the game if it resolves" effect
>>
>>50389168
>implying
>>
>>50389168
In my meta people are either top decking at 8 or have draw engines and don't care that much
>>
>>50388993
Remove selvala, temple bell and alliance at arms, those are more group hug than politics.
Look for "I can save you if you give me a blowjob" combat tricks that also benefit you, such as benefactor's draught.
Also "fuck you for not sticking to the deal" cards such as enchant player curses.
>>
>>50389758
>Remove selvala, temple bell and alliance at arms, those are more group hug than politics

selvala is there to help me with the guise of "helping" others. she is a bit off theme but still pretty good for the general purpose of the deck. i don't always want to help just 1 person, it's more about pretending to be a nice group hug guy, but actually getting stronger.

temple bell is there mostly because i'm struggling to find reliable and cheap card draw in these colors.

alliance at the arms helps me way more than it helps others since i have a ton of token synergy, pillowfort stuff and even stuff like mob rule. typically, i won't cast it unless i see another player way ahead others. when that happens, i cast it and say "we need to take this guy down!!" and act as if i'm hugging everyone (but really i'm getting ready for a big alpha strike)

i tried benefactor's draught on xmage and it just felt shitty most of the time. i don't really want to untap my opponent's creatures and it's a really situational way to draw cards anyway.

curses seem like they could be work, although they're kinda situational. i could run stuff that really encourages people to attack that player, like Curse of the Forsaken and Curse of Chaos. thanks
>>
>>50389835
Check out the "tribute" keyword for some minor political interactions
>>
>>50389168
It's definately very powerful. If you can ramp and play it reasonably early
(discard effects generally become less impactful as the game drags on), you can have all your opponents topdecking for as long as you have the myojin in play.
>>
File: Evolutionary Escalation_C16.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Evolutionary Escalation_C16.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
What's your favorite commander 2016 card?

Hard mode, no legendary creatures.
Pic related for me
>>
>>50390974
As an ecologists, I think I've discovered my favorite mtg art
>>
>>50390974
i really love orzhov advokist (>>50388993). definitely my favorite card in the expansion.

goblin spymaster is also really fun, but i wish the goblin tokens had haste. without haste, the goblins just end up killing each other without really getting anything done, and it's kinda lame. haste seems like such an obvious addition for them that i wonder why they didn't give them that

the one thing they got right this expansion was fun group hug / chaos cards. they managed to grasp the idea of "help everyone (but me the most)" cards very well
>>
File: suc4x[1].png (5KB, 170x207px) Image search: [Google]
suc4x[1].png
5KB, 170x207px
I know it's a typo.
But you should always double check your prices before posting.
Let's see if they honor my $12 for a $150box
>>
>>50391188
where at anon?
>>
>>50391188
It just says that it's the box anon. You may be the one getting played instead
>>
>>50391208
tcgplayer
I don't think they seller has them up anymore (can't imagine why) but I snagged it while it was there.
>>
File: sucsc[1].png (5KB, 686x76px) Image search: [Google]
sucsc[1].png
5KB, 686x76px
>>50391235
Cropped out the address
But we'll shall see who is the fool next week
>>
>>50391177
Well the tokens are created at each opponent's end step, so haste would be irrelevant.
>>
>>50390974
But why? It's fucking useless in anything but group hug kingmaker decks.
>>
File: Shit counters.jpg (94KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Shit counters.jpg
94KB, 312x445px
>>50391430
cough
>>
>>50391339
yeah oops, i meant haste along with the token being created at upkeep
>>
>>50391527
>>50391430

Kraj my man.

I put it in my kraj deck.

Pair that with master biomancer and pentavus
>>
>>50391430
>it helps a player
>it must be kingmaker

you dummy, you're supposed to use help-opponent cards on opponents who are doing poorly, not ones that are already doing well. by helping someone get back on their feet, you're incentivizing that person not to attack you while simultaneously taking pressure off yourself, since your other opponents will have more threats to deal with besides yourself.

my group hug deck has a high winrate because people just don't attack me. they don't even notice that the "group hug" player is slowly getting stronger than anyone else because "lol he's giving me free life with his wall of shards, he can't be a threat"
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
New player here, I need some advice and card recommendations for a Numot EDH
>>
>>50391832
sol ring

at least 1 mountain, 1 plain and 1 island so you can fetch them with solemn simulacrum
>>
>>50391832
https://edhrec.com/commanders/numot-the-devastator
>>
>>50391868
Thanks, you're a big help
>>
>>50391898
No worries, edhrec is your best friend
Good luck building!
>>
>store hold duel commander tourney
>show up with an infinite breya combo
>easily collect my 15 dollars in store credit
>get dirty looks on my way out

this was a fun friday
>>
>>50392060
>duel commander
is shit
>>
>>50391766

>it's another "my bad deck is so good because my playgroup is retarded" episode
>>
>>50392060

Post list pls

>>50392144

To each his own, fag
>>
>>50392223
>he doesn't play in a casual meta

i feel bad for you my son
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-25-14-53-39.png (431KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-25-14-53-39.png
431KB, 720x1280px
Would it be crazy to get a deckbox more expensive than any of my decks?
>>
>>50392246

I don't see what it has to do with "casual metas", you said that you have a high winrate with a deck and that your playgroup doesn't see that deck as a threat

Doesn't matter how casual you guys are that is just pure stupidity, whether a deck is a threat or not is relative to the playgroup, and relative to your playgroup, your deck is a threat
>>
>>50392309

Yes

Imagine how good your decks could be if you spread $75 of upgrades amongst them
>>
>>50392309
I still believe those are way too overpriced, and for that price, you can just get 1 or 2 expensive staples.

I guess if you have the means, go for it.
>>
>>50392309
You will probably have more fun spending $5 on a deckbox and $70 on card upgrades or a new deck.
Unless you have a well-paying job that is, in that case do whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>50392309

I feel like those aren't even that nice looking for $75, kinda ugly

Still nicer than what most people use but not $75 nicer
>>
planning on going to FNM tonight, should i play in the modern or standard tourney?
>>
>>50392309
No. As a proud wyrmwood enthusiast, I can tell you the deck boxes are worth it. Just get one for your favorite deck, the one you'll always keep, and upgrade it over time. The lotto is a hell of a deal.
>>
>>50392435

Hard to say, if you have decks for both then just pick your favorite deck and play whichever tourney that one works in

Alternatively if you have FNM buddies, play the tourney they'll be playing
>>
>>50392309
Those are really for people who drop way too much on their decks.
>>
>>50388409
Uh, what? I'd say in general flying is a much better keyword than Trample. But the trigger is so much worse that it seriously doesn't fucking matter. I don't know why it doesn't trigger off you. It would even ring similar to Prowess which would be flavorful.
>>
>>50392309
what do you actually get for 75 bucks there? one of those boxes?

dittoing this >>50392388

those look like they're worth about 10-15 bucks for one. maybe they're made of some ancient dinosaur tree that makes them "worth" 75 bucks but otherwise that seems like a ripoff. ugly blocky aesthetics, leather strap as the lock and generally just kind of "why bother" look to it all. i don't think expensive wood counts for much if your design doesn't look good.
>>
So I'm gonna be putting together a mono black reanimator/goodstuff deck. What general should I have lead it?

Trying to keep the commander under or at 4cmc. These are the ones I have,

Korlash
Erebos
Ashling
Gonti
Kuon
Liliana
Mirri
>>
>>50386655
Do you have Soul Sculptor in that deck? Turns all your enchanment removal into creature removal and stops attacks.
>>
>>50393109
Gonti is my favorite monoblack general at the moment. He makes good use of reanimation if you have no other targets too, for extra triggers. He is kind of random in depending on your opponents' decks though.

Erebos is probably the best out of those if you want something always useful.
>>
>>50393109

Lili seems the best of those for reanimator/goodstuff
>>
File: le banned commander.jpg (449KB, 1000x1382px) Image search: [Google]
le banned commander.jpg
449KB, 1000x1382px
>>50393109
i've been playing around with monoblack stuff for a while now, and i ended up going with Kokusho. here's my list

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lifedrain-lifegain-lifepain/?cat=custom&sort=

it's not a super competitive list but it's synergestic enough to make my casual ass group cry a lot and treat me as archenemy. basically, you just do recur & sac shenanigans until you get bored and recur kokusho 15 times with corpse dance or strands of night and then win
>>
>>50393308
also for some reason tappedout lists the deck as being worth 200 bucks. it cost me 80 euros on magiccardmarket so i guess americans are just getting jewed out on cards
>>
>>50393324

I'm pretty sure most Europeans claim that card prices are more expensive there than in America

Tappedout has some weird issues with their price estimations I've noticed, usually overestimations, but also, you may have paid one price and the deck could be another, because cards change value
>>
>>50393324
tappdout bases price on ebay values for some god forsaken reason
>>
>>50385359
I'm using the two BW partner commanders to lead my BW clerics.
>>
>>50393324
Would you recommend using magiccardmarket.eu if you live in Europe? A friend of mine recommended tcgplayer.com because of their cart optimizer (which seems great) and relatively cheap shipping from the US, but the cards on magiccardmarket only cost half as much.

Does it get expensive through shipping or something? Bad place to buy bulk upgrades? High scam risk?
>>
File: grenzo.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
grenzo.png
135KB, 223x311px
Has anyone built nu-grenzo? I was wondering if I should go goblin tribal, tokens or just a bunch of evasive weenies. at the moment i' mostlym leaning towards flying tokens like thopters and stuff.

>>50393822
i'm using magiccardmarket.eu as an european and i've basically never had a problem. ordered around 300 cards there and the only problems were stuff like "card is wrong language" or "card was slightly lower quality than promised" and even then i've always gotten a refund. no reason to even use more than the absolute cheapest shipment unless you're ordering something really expensive. there's even the shopping wizard thing that basically optimizes the order for you so that you'll get your cards as cheap as possible (they'll come from multiple sellers and mtgmarket will handle the payment). i would definitely recommend the website.
>>
>>50393822
>High scam risk?

to clarify on this, the scam risk is basically 0 if you don't use shady sellers. if the seller has 3000 sales under his belt, there's basically no reason for him to screw you over. bad reviews typically hurt them way more than any scam could help them.

if you're really worried about being scammed, you can use tracked shipments, in which case they don't get paid until you confirm the shipment has arrived.
>>
>>50393891
I built it goblin tribal, after already owning a Krenko deck in the past, and it played pretty similarly so I scrapped it, but it's still fun. Going wide with thopters and stuff seems more interesting.
>>
You guys made any recent/black friday acquisitions?

>mfw they charged only 80 dollars for this pile
>>
>>50389072
>not wanting bullshit your way around with a gorrilion counters at a time
>>
>>50388993
Basandra, Battle Seraph is quite good for that strategy
>>
>>50394188
Damn anon great score
>>
>>50389072
Why would you get hated out for playing atraxa?
>>
File: 20161125_153847.jpg (174KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_153847.jpg
174KB, 720x714px
>>50394188
>meh, thats alright i guess. seems about right for 80
>notice the wheel
>>
>>50394188
I like all others than Chandra. Worst Chandra. You gonna paint porn over it?
>>
>>50394188

That's a crazy good deal
>>
>>50394188
Pretty quality lie anon
>>
>>50393822
It's scam free pretty much because it's a flea market. Every seller has evaluations from their sales and you can also pick to only search from high rated sellers. Shopping wizard makes it so you don't even have to search for the cards yourself, it picks (mostly) optimal prices+shipping fees for you and drops everything in cart.
>>
>>50393822

MCM is basically the main way to buy cards in europe. I've heard spaniards are scammers, but most others are safe.
>>
>>50394188
i feel like you are not being truthful with us
>>
>>50392435
Play your standard deck in modern, come back and post results
>>
>>50393822
Had a guy who didn't send the card, or it didn't arrive.

Reported the sale as not having arrived and the seller being unresponsive and that he wasn't interested in reaching an agreement (I sent a message asking about the card and that if we could do something about a refund if it went missing, he told me no and stopped responding to my messages)

Got like 10 angry / desperate messages from him begging me to rescind my negative review since it pushed him under the 98% succesfull transaction threshold.

Got him to refund my Azusa even though it wasn't tracked. But I didn't remove the review since the only reason he bothered to do anything was for his precious 2% and he acted like an asshole about it. I just checked and he is still below the threshold over 1 year later.
>>
File: ftl53_sen1.jpg (63KB, 620x415px) Image search: [Google]
ftl53_sen1.jpg
63KB, 620x415px
Alright elegan/tg/entlemen, here's the thing:

I recently did a widespread purge of like 9 EDH decks because I didnt see myself using them over others. I have on me the following:
>Tuned Brion
>Queen Marchesa Planeswalker Goodstuff
>Nin Artifact Combo
>Daxos the Returned
>A Tuned as Hell Titania
>Tymna/Sidar Kondo Hatebears

I then realized that the decks I took apart had blue in them, so now I have a metric fuck ton of blue staples left over.

So question, what is a good U or U/x general for just using shit like FoW, C. Sphinx, Deadeye/Palinchron etc.

And

what is a fun U/x deck that uses the wacky side of blue?

So far I came up with the following:
>Tryhard
Sen Triplets Control
Jeleva Big Spells
Rashmi Control
Bruce Tarl/Ishai/Kraum Control

>Casual
Mirko Vosk Mill/Grave Theft
Experiment Kraj
Vile Smasher/Kydele Wheels
>>
File: ExperimentKraj.jpg (359KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ExperimentKraj.jpg
359KB, 1024x768px
>>50395814
100% recommend Kraj. He scoots the border of Casual/Tryhard in the best way.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/25-11-16-Wjd-lazav/

Any feedback appreciated, general idea is to be mill voltron.
>>
>>50395865
How much overlap is there between something like my Nin deck where its winning plays are
>Darksteel Forge/Mycosynth Lattice/Nevinyrral's Disk
>Lattice/Vandalblast
>Infi-Mana with Nin to deck someone
>LolBlightsteel

I like Kraj and I like activated abilities, but I'm curious if it will just play similarly.
>>
>>50389148
With enough money, any deck cab ramp super hard. Problems show up when you dont spend enough and rely on colourless rocks while all your tech has complicated devotion, or if you're playing in a very tuned meta that loves artifact hate/ramps in better colours. I run a monoblue memnarch ramp deck and it's pretty stronk. Red might be more difficult, but not that much if you're running guilded lotus and all the darietti artifact good stuff.
>>
>>50395801
I have several hundred orders though and I've had negative experiences less than a handfull of times.

Once I ordered a playset of Azusa's from different people, right before the massive spike. One guy pulled the order with some asspull of an excuse, the other guy was the above post.

Once I got the wrong cards, complained and got the cards later, got to keep the first I got but they were only like €5.
And three other times the cards I ordered didn't arrive, one order at €150, one at €50 and one at €20. The two at €150 and €50 got refunded since they were tracked, the one at €20 didn't, but the seller gave me 50% back.

And this is over the last 3 years of regular card purchasing. People pretty much always lie about the value of the cards and write €0.5-3 on the packaging, so no toll.
>>
>>50395919
Oh I forgot one, I once bought a cheap Forcefield (Like $70) and the guy responded saying he had sold it in person earlier that day and hadn't had time to remove it from MCM, he asked if I could pull my order. Since he has sold it to me through MCM, he is obliged to get me one, so I could have told him to fuck off and find me a new one, but I wasn't an ass about it and cancelled the order.
>>
>>50395910
It works similarly but has more reliance on creatures than artifacts (obviously). While they aren't as resilient, creatures are much easier to tutor for.

Kraj + Mossbridge Troll + Jodah's Avenger

Kraj + Selvala, Heart of the Wilds + Untap creature

Kraj + Pili-Pala + Bloom Tender

You can grab a bunch of different dudes to engineer the proper combos.
>>
>>50395814
Run lazav. Not only is it fun to play, but with good staples instead of the cohesive jank I run, you'll be able to do some really mean things with mutual discard and powerful counters.
>>
>>50395981
I suppose its way more heavier on combos with an added bonus of making Kraj deal lethal Commander damage. And yes, Creatures are rather easy to tutor for.

>>50396029
My issue with Lazav is two-fold: 1) I have two people playing Lazav, and 50% of the time they dont even transform into anything useful. I think I only ever see him become an Ulamog once... in a span of two years. Reason being is related to point 2) These decks are usually starved on the whole milling aspect. Yes I can always Windfall, Mass Discard, pop a bitch, but it can be played around. I like Mirko Vosk because, in addition to being so low profile, I can get a better shot at reanimating their own stuff since his on-hit effect is a Mind's Funeral. Lazav will without a doubt be in the 99, but I don't see myself using him at the helm.
>>
>>50396147
I think you should run effects that are repeatable, preferably without a cost to make Lazav really work. Memetic Orb, Muse, Mill Crab, etc. and couple bigger bombs like Mind Grind. That way you can focus on just hitting your opponents face while cards get milled at a good pace without you doing anything really.
>>
>>50396187
I'll give that some thought. Passive mill is a good way to get things going. I also do have the necessary Swords for him except for Body and Mind, a bloo bloo. I'll give that approach a shot, switch to Mirko if need be.
>>
>>50396147
Fair enough, that's solid reasoning. My lazav uses memory jar, various windfall effects all sorts of counters and discard pretty effectively. The goal isn't to goldfish something good, the goal is that through attrition and luck something good is statistically likely to hit the yard. I also run a lot of hand peaking things and targeted discard to make sure I get what I want when I want it. Trepanation blade, sphinx's tutelage mind grind/funeral is a sneaky wincon. I just wheel then pull every land from someone's deck.

Now mimeoplasm is lazav, combo edition. Blue staples would fit very well in that deck, as would a whole reanimator build, but I've wanted to build it straight face ramp into goodstuff, then when they pop your game winners, throw down Mimeoplasm and reap some bounty. Tempo style beatdown decks are better 1v1, but with all that blue you should be able to set up some cool attrition setups to let you maximize your advantage.
>>
>>50384571
Screw it, gonna play into the 'edition' -- Soraya the Falconer has the potential to be a great commander. Banding OP, bird tribal viable.

>>50385978
Pair her with the BW Anthem dude. Run Hatred and Soul Sisters. Dump your life onto an unblocked Tana with Hatred, killing somebody and getting a zillion (buffed) saprolings and all your life back. Repeat by using Anthem Dude to recur Eternal Witness to recur Hatred if necessary. Disclaimer: Backfires hillariously when faced with instant speed removal. Have Vines of the Vastwood and/or Swiftfoot Boots or other hexproof/indestructible granters or prepare to end up at 1 life with nothing. You can do most of it without Anthem Dude, but he synergizes really well and white gets you more +?/+? to all dudes effects, which makes her spawn more tokens and makes the tokens hurt more.
>>
>>50395691
FNM just started, ding this idea btw
>>
>>50396653
just got btfo by U/G infect, this is not going to well so far
>>
>>50396853
Anon, you knew what you were getting into. How can a standard with no real removal or combos hope to compete with normal modern nonsense? Liliana the last hope is worth like 60 bucks, in a format where LOTV is a real thing.
>>
>>50396874
i just thought it would be funny, if i get btfo 2 more times ill just drop and play edh or standard until its all over with the other losers
>>
>>50392238
ok, enjoy you're shit
>>
>>50396903
What standard deck are you running? In a format with bolt, not even looter scooter will save you.
>>
>>50396370
>Pair her with the BW Anthem dude
Why the fuck would you ever do this when Tymna is in the exact same deck. What is people's deal with Ravos. I seriously don't know what people see in him when you can have a cheap card draw engine instead as a partner.
>>
>>50384633
Can. I've got it in mine to bring back a few things, burnished hart, gary, odds and ends, but she's slowly losing her place as I change my deck.
>>
>>50384964

Card draw has been my biggest hurdle in Zurgo Dickslapper. He comes out the gates fucking wailing on things, and drawing out a ton of hate, then stall out by the late game having burned through my cards.
>>
>Tfw I keep crushing my opposing opponent in emperor.
>Tfw they keep getting madder about my deck.
>Tfw they wont stop playing emperor.

How do I convince my friends that free for all is much more balanced?
>>
>>50397121
Tymna does nothing for your board.

That's really the difference. Other things make Tymna better, and you have to work to get value out of her. Ravos makes other things better, and with his recursion ability you can durdle and get value out of him -- not always a bad choice in multiplayer, and in a duel Tymna's cheaper but Ravos' recursion is stronger since you're guaranteed gas.

It's a matter of personal taste, but when talking about a partner with Tana, Ravos has the better synergy with tokens. Tymna has some because tokens let you bum rush better to get your draw hits in, but Ravos'd up tokens are actually better at ending the game.
>>
File: 1438698537127.jpg (24KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
1438698537127.jpg
24KB, 369x434px
How many times do you run a deck before determining whether or not it's doing what you want it to do?
My Breya deck won both games she'd been in so far.
>>
>>50396946
well i lost every game i played at FNM but i had fun. running mono blue energy

Creatures (16)
4 Thriving Turtle
4 Minister of Inquiries
4 Aether Theorist
2 Electrostatic Pummeler
2 Aethersquall Ancient

Artifacts (8)
2 Glassblower's Puzzleknot
3 Dynavolt Tower
3 Hedron Archive

Spells (11)
3 Era of Innovation
4 Glimmer of Genius
4 Engulf the Shore

Lands (25)
4 Aether Hub
21 Island
>>
File: jusr fuck off.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
jusr fuck off.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>edh tournament
>guy is playing mnoblue artifacts
>the new blue artifact guy is the commander
>t1 sol ring into l greaves
>t2 commander
>pepper spray him and walk out
>>
Are there any lesser known spikey budget decks to play in EDH besides Edric?

I feel like I want one mega ultra super tryhard deck lying around for those occasions that I end up in a really tryhard session. I kinda like how Edric plays but I'd rather do something a bit more unique

I have a fairly casual Xenagos deck lying around. Could I tune it to be good for 1v1 against stuff like Narset and Leovold? I was thinking of taking out all my card draw, replacing them with cheap combat tricks and instant hexproofers, and then just relying on one-shotting my opponent with a Putrefax or a Malignus or something like that. I could probably get a turn 3 lethal on another player like half the time if I made the deck really aggro.

Any idea if that would work or if it would be better to just build something else entirely?
>>
>>50385005
I'm currently working on an Alesha deck and I would recommend putting Sword of the Animist if you have equipment and Knight of the White Orchid, Kor Cartographer, Oreskos Explorer, Land Tax, and Weathered Wayfarer. There's probably more but that's a good start. Worst case scenario you have ramp for any non-green decks you build.
>>
>>50397482
Size of game? I feel like Breya's new enough that people don't know what to expect out of her. How's it feeling? I generally find that the best deck isn't always the one that wins in Multiplayer so are you stumbling your way to victory or did you have it all along?

Sounds promising, but give it a little bit to see if folks counterplay hard.

>>50397528
Wrong MTG thread, anon.
>>
File: tmp_32552-2906101649790965.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32552-2906101649790965.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Picking up my copy tomorrow during the Standard Shitshow at my LGS.

The planar deck will certainly spice up some of my EDH games. Shame about the 4 decks being practically unplayable, because everyone plays EDH only and 60-card casual is long forgotten. I blame all of you.

I don't want to take the decks apart because they're so neat thematically. Nice MtG memorabilia. Now I just need to find a deckbox online that can fit all 86 planes sleeved.
>>
>>50397482
it's less about winrate and more about evaluating value of the cards and the themes

i scrapped my monoblack token sac deck after i noticed that none of the token cards really did anything to help me win. turned it into a sac & recur with some strong creatures to recur instead of token stuff, and it became way more powerful than my group could handle
>>
>>50397599
T3 Lethal-or-lock is the benchmark for ultra tryhard. If you can do it reliably and resiliently, you can swing with the tryhards.
>>
>>50397621
i want this so badly but ive spent all my money on christmas gifts for my family which i dont even like
>>
>>50397455
So you... are... actually playing it FOR the anthem? Are you insane? If you play Tymna it puts you in white which gives you much more cost efficient anthems in general than a 5 drop dude. Admittedly he does also effectively draw you a card every upkeep but Tymna draws you extra cards every turn too and is cheaper, and that's a much better thing to have in the command zone than a crusade even in tokens when you can just play the other anthems.
>>
>>50397649
actually the turn 3 win is a bit more rare than i made it out to be. that's assuming a sol ring or a mana crypt, and one of the creatures that allow for a one-shot with xenagos (malignus, putrefax, some infect combat trick, etc.)

really, i'd be looking at a turn 4-5 lethal most of the time, and turn 3 sometimes.

i'm going to play around on xmage a bit to see if i can make something happen
>>
>>50397599
Volrath ramp and reanimator. It's stupidly strong, new players have no idea what's going to happen, black has solid card draw and the only way to really fuck you is to chump volrath while he doesn't have flying/trample. The strategy is ramp to 6 as fast as possible, yard a fattie to pump him, then pull the fattie back with some reanimator. Alternatively, wrath the board a few times, reanimate various things, then yard a Draco for surprise one shots.
>>
>>50397671
I've played Planechase before and I can confirm it's bretty gud.

You might be able to get just the Planar deck for under $40 soon so don't worry.
>>
>>50397740
Oh, I forgot the best part. The creatures you run are all budget and under 2 bucks, and the most expensive card in the deck is damnation, if that's how you roll, but more than likely sol ring/necropotance/phrexian arena/thran dynamo will be your most expensive things. Grab an avatar of woe, puppeteer clique, ashnods and body snatcher, then watch you opponent go "wait, wut?" Carnival of souls is a viable build as well, particularly against weenie decks.
>>
>>50397678
You can never have enough anthems. NEVER. If I could play a deck with Opalescence as the commander and just a crapton of anthems, I'd do it.

Okay, no, that'd be boring as shit, but unless I'm playing Stax, turbo-tryhard, or both I'll pay more mana for the bigger effect, as long as I get what I pay for, which at 5 you still totally do.

Tymna
Cost: 3
+Lifelink
+Draws 0-opponents cards depending on how well you do in your combat phase
-Costs you life for your cards (But it's not much so who cares?)

Ravos
Cost: 5
+Flying
+Is also an anthem (Value: ~1CC)
+Gets you 1 card every turn, but it's guaranteed gas
-Have to have shit in your GY to get it back (But it's really easy to stock the GY so who cares?)

Play Tymna if you can't support a 5-drop in your edh deck (lol), have a crapton of evasion, or like (mostly safe) gambles.

Play Ravos if you can afford 5 and want reliability and board presence.

Also, play Tymna with Kydele. It's hilarious.

But play Ravos with Tana, IMO.
>>
/edhg/, I think I'm going insane. I keep building GREEN decks. First it was Gitrog Monster, and okay, that's BG. Then came Meren, which got me worrying. Then I built Titania, and I KNOW that's nuts because she's mono-g. And now I'm looking into building Freyalise control for shits and giggles.

I mean, it's not red, but I still think I've got a problem. I need a good esper commander to level things out.
>>
>>50397848
i mean, I guess I can accept that but it feels like an aggressive deck like tokens with Tana would want the cheaper card draw effect it can get sooner and would rather play cheaper anthems than a 5 drop one in the command zone if the other option was phyrexian arena you could immediately draw off of the turn you play it and could draw more than one cards if you either had evasion or went wide enough. Also I think it's kind of unfair to not list being a 5 drop as a con as it is a direct comparison to Tymna and 5 is worse than 3 by a pretty wide margin tbqh even if it is technically more achievable in commander since by then you could be top decking and lands are coming at a trickle.
>>
>>50397620
but he asked
>>
>>50397916

Diff person here

The reason I like Ravos more than tymna is that Ravos' recursion just happens whereas tymna's card draw you have to jump through some serious hoops, not easy to do at all
>>
>>50397941
You technically have to jump through hoops but it's what you want to be doing anyway. That's why she's good imo. She doesn't auto draw but you have the political excuse to attack since Tymna needs you to to draw and if you're in a token deck you should be going wide enough. If I were building more around her I'd probably play more evasive dudes just to further guarantee it but I still think she works in general. I just realized Ravos is probably better after a wipe but Tymna could have drawn you some cards bu then.
>>
>>50397902
Green is the best colour though. Why would you waste money on fancy lands when you can fish whatever colour basic you want?

That being said, brago is basically the opposite of green. You could even run Lord of Tresserhorn/Jeleva or Sharrum.
>>
I'm gonna do it
I'm gonna build Brago spirit tribal
>>
>>50398010
As a semi-spirit tribal bravo player, why? There are so many stronk nonspirits it's a shame not to. Palace Jailer is a thing.
>>
>>50398029
What?
>>
>>50398034
Well, Brago auto corrected. I was saying that, while spirits are neat, there are very good cards in Brago that aren't spirits, like palace jailer and ninth bridge patrol.
>>
>>50398064
Playing tribal doesn't mean you play literally 0 creatures that aren't of the tribe.
>>
>play group thinks everything i play is cancer
>play nath discard/elf themed deck
>everyone complains about discarding cards and death cloud
>play a vial smasher/kydele partner deck that has a lab maniac in it(no infinite combos)
>people complain about me comboing off
>play ruric thar with a shit load of big creatures
>everyone says it's not fun if they can't cast non-creature cards
>make a merieke deck
>everyone gets upset at me for stealing shit

like honestly how are people such babies? i feel like anytime i win everyone is super mad at me.
>>
>>50398071
Yes it does? Are you on drugs, that's the whole point of a tribal, other than vorthos cards for flavor purposes. Take my secret tech and be gone, charlatan.
>>
>>50397969

Idk maybe I'm underestimating tymna but I'm just imagining, you have a 4 player game, 3 opponents, let's say you have tymna and 4 other tokens in play from a couple token spells you cast, so it's like turn 4 and your board is about as wide as you could hope

But it's turn 4 so you're opponents have a blocker or two. Let's say opponent A has 2 blockers, opponent B has 1, opponent C has 0, nothing crazy

So this turn you can draw two cards by sacing a token to a player B's blocker

And that's a really good scenario for you

If you start off slow with the tokens, or you play more than one creature heavy opponent, you may get entirely locked out of card draw from tymna

Tymna seems best late game but not as good as a Bident of Thassa would be

Idk, worth testing both though
>>
>>50398078

Why do you hang out with these people?
>>
>>50398097
No it doesn't. The point of tribal is to build around synergy with a creature type, not play all of a creature type, that's the part that's purely Vorthos.
>>
I've been working on a scoring system for our game sessions to spice them up and encourage traction and (friendly) competetion.

"Whenever a player wins or loses the game, he or she gets the amount of points equal to the number of opponents who left that game before that player.

It basically means that after one 4-player game, the scoreboard will often be 0-1-2-3. Points are accumulated throughout a session. It should nudge the players to focus on the best (=highest-scoring) player and create sort of an organic "hate order".

Are there any blatant flaws in this system? Have you tried any scoring systems? Are they a terrible idea?

I personally dislike the idea of "achievement points" for doing various stuff, because they sometimes encourage unnecessarily prolonging or "metagaming" the game. Maybe an extra point in the end to the deck that was most fun to play against?

rate my autism
>>
>>50398243
Objectively wrong, and stupid. Of course "some" noncreature cards will be general goodstuff but the entire point of a tribal is to use the tribe. A deck with good synergy is just that. A deck built around a particular tribe with a splash of goodstuff is not a tribal. Grimgrin only zombies rooftop storm is a tribal.
>>
File: 1478957171134.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478957171134.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>50397848
Tymna encourages attack and tana needs to attack. So it's good.
>>
File: 240.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
240.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
Newbie question:

Is pic related ability mandatory? I mean, whenever a Sliver comes in to play do I HAVE to destroy a thing? Even if it's mine? I doesn't say "may" so I'm a bit confused.
>>
>>50398280

My playgroup took stats for a little while, dice roll victories, 1st-2nd-3rd place finishes, stats for each individual deck besides the stats for each player as well

I think it was good overall, helped give people some perspective, helped with threat assessment and also helped with the loser's salt, people weren't getting as salty when they could look at the stats and see that their fave deck's winrate was only a little below the one they hated for being OP

And then we even had some really specific stats being taken, like number of victories in which the winning player resolved tooth and nail, etc

we discovered that a few cards had absurdly high winrates some not surprising, tooth and nail, living death, some more surprising, Rhystic study actually had a higher winrate than sol ring in multiplayer games

Eventually the stats guy got bored and tired of it so we haven't had them in a while but I think it was a good thing overall
>>
>>50398411
Mandatory. You have to destroy something, even if it's yours.
>>
>>50398411
You could be an asshole and forget your trigger on purpose so long as your opponents don't remind you, but you are correct, it is mandatory.
>>
>>50398411
Don't be confused, you knew the answer. If it says may, you get to pick. If not, you're up a creek and have to do it.
>>
>>50398299

Tribal is a deck descriptor, its a theme that a deck can have in greater or lesser amount
>>
>>50398424
Now, don't encourage newbs to cheat.
>>
>>50398476
Don't tell me what to do you're not my real dad.
>>
>>50398411

Not a May ability, it's mandatory

Don't let that deter you though, the card is absolutely worth running in a sliver deck
>>
File: 1457994537446.png (23KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
1457994537446.png
23KB, 140x160px
>>50398423
>>50398424
>>50398447

Thanks!
>>
what do you guys think of my ruhan deck so far? i cant think of what else to put in it and still keep it under 200 buckarinos

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruhan-the-most-american-commander/
>>
>>50398471
So you're saying I can run Jin and blightsteel in my spirit tribal? I get Gissa in a zombie deck, but your understanding is flawed. Charlatan was pretty apt.
>>
can I get a rate /tg/? I just want someone to be as excited about this deck as I am.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-red-dream-ticket/
>>
>>50398503
Hanweir Battlements?
>>
>>50398299
>Objectively wrong, and stupid
You're the one who is objectively wrong and stupid.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/beyond-basics/trouble-tribals-2016-07-07
More specifically
>THE ART OF DEVIATION
Generally, in a tribal deck, you want to avoid playing creatures that aren't of your tribe if possible. They don't receive the bonuses that your other cards provide to creatures of your tribe.

However, there are exceptions.

I'll always remember the Black-Green Elves deck that Charles Gindy used to win Pro Tour Hollywood in 2008. A deck full of Elves—and smack-dab in the middle of it? Four copies of Tarmogoyf.

Now, Tarmogoyf is decidedly not an Elf. However, it is strong enough that it was worth playing.

In general, I would look at these two factors when looking to include cards not of your tribe's creature type:

Is this creature so strong that it, on its own, is generally stronger than my tribal creatures when they are receiving bonuses and/or empowering my other cards? (As was the case with Tarmogoyf there.)
If I count this as a noncreature spell, will I still have enough creatures for the tribal cards in my deck to function?
The thrust behind the second point is to make sure that you aren't kicking out a bunch of tribal cards from your deck to fit in cards like these, to the point where you'd be better off not playing tribal anymore. It's just one step from adding Tarmogoyf to "Maybe I could play Siege Rhino, too..." and then suddenly this slippery slope doesn't look so much like an Elf deck anymore at all.
>>
>>50398525

"Tribal" isn't a flavor-only concept

Tribal describes game mechanics too, if gettting a bunch of spirits and spirit related synergies online is vital to your deck's success then your deck is spirit tribal

So yes you can definitely run those in your spirit tribal, if you felt like those would make the deck better, but it's up to you, if you want your deck to be max spirit flavor then you can't run them
>>
>>50398525
>So you're saying I can run Jin and blightsteel in my spirit tribal?
Uh, yeah? Having two off theme cards doesn't make you not a tribal deck. This was a bad example since Jin and Blightsteel aren't exactly good enough to put into a spirit tribal deck, for example, but if it were, say, Snapcaster and Palinchron or something, sure, it wouldn't make your deck was otherwise focused on abusing creature type spirits.
>>
>>50398525
How would you call a Brago deck with 28 Spirits, Spirit-related spells, Jin, and Blightsteel?
>>
>>50398078
I think you turn Ruric Thar into Xenagod and smash them in face. If they can't deal with dank fatties then I don't know.
>>
>>50398525
Are you saying Prophet of Kruphix wasn't the best creature you could run in Sliver Overlord?
>>
>>50398578
>he doesn't understand the concept and thus parrots misinformation
Competitive tribal decks filled with staples are not tribals. What is being described is a "competitive" tribal that needs to sacrifice being a tribal to be effective. If you want to argue semantics I will, but right now you're "that guy" who Wikipedia's the lecture before coming to class.
>>
>>50398644
>Playing Prophet in Sliver Overlord
>Implying that's a tribal deck
>>
>>50398650

If it wasn't a tribal deck, sliver overlord wouldn't be good
>>
>>50398647
Are you kidding me right now
>Say something stupid
>Get told you're wrong
>Call the other person wrong and stupid
>Get proven you're wrong and stupid
>"wow way to be an autist you disgusting fucking tourneyfag you are such a that guy"
comedy gold
>>
>>50398663
But if it has anything that isn't your creature type, it's not tribal. If you had prophet in your sliver overlord deck then it's not sliver tribal. That's an objective fact. Deal with it.
>>
>>50398644
>>50398607
>>50398603
Not tribals. Keep saying whatever you want and making whatever compromises make you feel better. If it's not thematically a tribal, than you're waving you dick in the wind. I can call my tempo deck a control deck , but that's a fundamental misappropriation. Compromises in your theme for playability's sake may incorporate your tribe, but it's a misnomer to call that kind of deck a "tribal". You can say your deck has tribal synergy but that's something fundamentally different.
>>
>>50398417
Stats sound like a fun idea. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50398647

M8 you're obviously the one who's being autistic about semantics here

The majority of magic player know that "tribal" is just a word to give people an idea of what your deck does, it's not some hard and fast strict ruleset
>>
>>50398715
reaction image
>>
>>50398670
Nice projection hombre. Do you need cream for that battered bunghole? While I may be pedantic, I'm right. If you were able to understand the analogy, you'd realize that I was making fun of your feigned knowledge simulated through a cursory google.
>>
>>50398715
Even the official format literally called Tribal Wars allows for some non-tribe creatures.

I hope you don't sperg out at some poor guy in your playgroup who brought a tribal deck with a random Solemn Simulacrum in it.
>>
>>50398715
>Modern Merfolk runs Aether Vial
>"AETHER VIAL ISN'T A MERFOLK YOUR DECK ISN'T TRIBAL"
This is literally you right now.
>>
>>50398765
You stated your definition was obejctively true. I found a link that objectively proved you wrong. I provided proof. Nothing was "feigned". That's totally nonsensical. What was I supposed to do, instead of linking you to an official article about tribal decks posted circa SOI I should have just said you were objectively wrong and stupid with nothing to back it up like you did?
>>
>>50398741
But anon, how can you define anything without strict rules? It's like you're intentionally skirting the fun and challenging part of deck building for the sake of winning. That's fine, but you don't deserve to be lumped in with people who thought out their decks and didn't fill it full of staples.
>>
>>50398786
Not a creatue but the point still stands in a general sense
>Play phantasmal Image and Kira
>They have the gall to call it merfolk tribal
lmaoing at their life
>>
>>50398715

You're free to think that there's a difference between a deck with tribal synergies and one that is all one tribe with no other creatures, but you're wrong to say that the latter is tribal and everything else is "misappropriation"

I mean you're factually incorrect about word usage so idk why you're making this into a semantic argument

If you want to argue from a flavor perspective that decks with only one creature type are more awesome or something then you have ground to stand on, but you are simply wrong regarding usage of the term "tribal deck", it's not a debate. Check out a modern bant spirits deck and see snapcasters, check out a legacy elf deck and see an elemental regal force or a beast craterhoof

The thousands of players who play those formats and others collectively decide what a term like "tribal deck" means by using the term to describe their decks, just because you have some sort of prejudice for purist vorthos decks doesn't mean you get to overrule them
>>
>>50398816
It stands in an autistic sense.
>>
>>50398786
If you could read I said very clearly that noncreature cards don't necessarily need to be part of the tribal.

>>50398795
What you were supposed to do is read and shrug because I've clearly put more time and thought into this than you have, and I'm right. The entire point of your argument was tentative justification of compromise for competitive purposes.
>>
>>50398840
>What you were supposed to do is read and shrug because I've clearly put more time and thought into this than you have, and I'm right. The entire point of your argument was tentative justification of compromise for competitive purposes.
Jesus christ, this really has become "I was just pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>50398828
>a bloo bloo I'm wrong so I'm going to fundamentally misrepresent the argument and use competitive magic for justification
>>
>>50398858
Did you read what you posted?
>>
>>50398551
i think there are better mono red commanders personally
>>
>>50398797

You can define nebulous things with nebulous rules, do you not understand the concept of relativity?

You're argument is different now, now you're saying a deck with only one creature type is more fun or more challenging to build it takes more thought

That's different from saying other decks aren't tribal

If you had just said that originally we would have nothing to argue about
>>
>>50398872

Jeez man you have issues
>>
>>50398929
He said something absurdly stupid and is trying to cover it up by being exaggeratedly stubborn. Thats all. It's an easy and common defense mechanism over the internet.
>>
This thread is tempting me to add a non elemental to my entirely elemental Horde of Notions deck.
>>
>>50399024
Then it wouldn't be tribal. You don't want to succumb to spikefaggotry, would you?
>>
>>50399052
johnnyfag detected, go cry in a corner as one of our decks loses yet again
>>
>>50399024
If you do it, you might as well run a 5c child of alara deck goodstuff deck.
>>
>>50399024
Etched Monstrosity.
>>
>>50399091
this tbqh famalamadingdong. just adding 1 non elemental fuck it just play scion hermit druid then if you want to be a tryhard
>>
>>50399101
I was thinking Bloom Tender. Being able to drop Horde and having WURBG available on the same turn to reanimate something that died or I discarded sounds great.
>>
>>50399157
That sounds amazing. Do it. You'll just have to live with the guilt of submitting to the spike side and not having a tribal deck anymore. At least it's from lorwyn so you still have some flavor points.
>>
>>50399157
That sounds disgusting.

I'll allow it.
>>
>>50399203
>>50399185

The dream is to have entombed a Maelstrom Wanderer the turn before.
So you just drop Horde, animate the Wanderer, get two cascades, and attack with everything.
>>
>>50398900
such as? Im running 20 in the main.
>>
>>50389107
Mother FUCKER.
I'm ordering that card right now.
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>50399374
kiki jiki
>>
>>50399444
If you have access to other colors, I'd rather suggest some other cards, mostly because they do GOOD things in addition to making you never lose to not having cards in your library.

G: Abundance
U: Parallel thoughts, Laboratory Maniac, Archmage Ascension, Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar
W: Pursuit of Knowledge
UG: Sages of the Anima

Skip if you pay 1 mana:
Words of Worship

There's also others that make you skip only your draw step.
>>
>>50399551
Island Sanctuary is brilliant for this sort of thing. It doesn't totally replace all draws, but the defense it provides is pretty intense (Combo with Mystic Decree for excess fun) and it's only 2 to bring out.

Also, there's an entire cycle in line with Words of Worship. Words of Wind, Words of Waste, Words of War, and the green one.
>>
File: 1476986854287.jpg (36KB, 398x299px) Image search: [Google]
1476986854287.jpg
36KB, 398x299px
I want to play a deck that's based completely around copying everything my opponents do. Creatures, spells, artifacts, etc. Who should I use as the commander? I've looked into Riku, but I want to copy things my opponents do, not myself. Sakashima seems interesting, but mono-blue seems tough. What do?
>>
>>50399904
There's also mimeplasm and lazav. Maybe wrexial too
>>
>>50399451
but 2 thirds of my creatures are legendary. that seems bad.
>>
>>50384571
This is my most obscure commander, not too out there but it's such a fun monored deck
>>
File: IMG_7282.jpg (47KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7282.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
>>50400748
Forgot pic
>>
I'm a bit tired of watching my friends race to see who can jack off over their infinite combo first. What's the best way to make them stop in their tracks and slow the fuck down?
>>
>>50400811
leovold is the strongest anti-combo commander, but at that point you're as bad as them
gaddock teeg, augustin IV and most prison decks are all pretty good at slowing the game down or locking the game down
>>
>>50400811
edric flying men can race most combo
>>
any suggestions for my atraxa infect deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-11-16-qXP-infect/
>>
anyone got a recommendation for a goblin deck commander?

mono red or red/black, doesn't necessarily have to be a goblin

not krenko
>>
>>50400881
Take it apart and make something more fun than everyone's flavour of the month meme creature
>>
File: Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim_OGW.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim_OGW.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
I'm running Ayli Cleric tribal. I'm wondering what are the best recurring sac victims? And other sac fodder enablers or whatever's the word.
I already have Reassembling Skeleton.
>>
>>50394188
I bought a Mox Diamond and a Top, for my Breya deck.
Also, Breya is fucking fun.

Easily my favorite deck in years.
>>
>>50400961
Gift of immortality on sidisi, or...
Serra avatar
Yosei
Tree of perdition
Kokusho
Disciple of bolas
>>
>>50401006
drudge spell is pretty cool in my experience
>>
>>50401020
+ skullclamp
>>
>>50401041
forgot about that beaut'
going straight into my skeleton deck
>>
>>50400881
About 4 more lands
>>
>>50401099
any suggestions for cuts?
>>
>>50398503
Since it's a meme deck anyway you should include the permanent commander phase out combo.
>>
>>50401150
You say meme deck like that actually memes something
>>
>>50400914
If you want to go fucking Nuclear? Zada, Hedron Grinder.
If you want the Goblin version of politics? Grenzo, Havoc Raiser.
If you want people to hate you? Zo-Zu the Punisher.
If you're insane? Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician.
If you're weird? Wort, Boggart Auntie.
If you think 1 is too few? Vial Smasher the Fierce + another Partner.
If you like spellcasting, and want to push your boundaries and introduce Green? Wort, the Raidmother.
>>
I have no idea how to build commander decks but I just want to upgrade the Saskia precon deck
>>
>>50397587
Wimp.

Vandalblast into Rakdos Charm 4 LYFE
>>
>>50401215
find stuff to punch faces with.

then find stuff to punch faces with, but harder.
>>
>>50401215
Double strike and stuff that adds second combat phases
>>
>>50397587
Pussy.
>>
>>50401179
thanks grenzo seems like my kind of goblo
>>
>>50401215
>it's just swords.jpg
>>
>>50397587
>pepper spray him and walk out
I wonder what chris is up to these days

also what new blue artifact guy? padeem?
>>
>>50401355
Yes padeem
>>
>>50400811
it depends what their combos are. infinite creatures? run rakdos charm, ensnaring bridge and things that punish that shit.
untap tap infinite mana, play overabundance, or mana barbs.
too many artifact infinite mana? run all the hate.
random shenanigans run hard beat down.
run shit that exiles stuff from their decks to make half pieced combos useless, cards like never more and seals of cleansing type stuff. hate bears are good too
>>
>>50401623
Dont forget torpor orb and cards like frozen aether / kismet. Fucks over so many combos.
>>
>>50401787
Ohh and Damping Matrix to stop artifact and many creature infinites
>>
>>50390974
Easy mode: Vial Smasher. The card's pretty much the spirit of casual commander incarnate; wants to play big splashy spells and huge fatties, and doesn't really care who gets hit.

Hard mode: Cruel Entertainment. It's flavorful and extremely fitting. It's cruel and entertaining. Huh, imagine that. There's no greater way to make two people mad at each other than to exchange their turns. "Huh... I forgot to play a land? Oh well...~"
>>
>>50402327

Cruel entertainment seems really bad to me

Like what reason do they have to fuck with each other when they know the one can get revenge when the other turn rolls around, not to mention if they did they'd be making the game a lot easier for you and they know it

Seems much more likely that they use those turns to team up against you, and you spent a bunch of mana to make that happen
>>
>>50402349
It's not a good card. It's a fun card.
>>
>>50400914
Saskia
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-enters-the-fraya/

Hey y'all, brewing my Breya deck and looking for some advice on what to cut and what to add. Acquireboard has the cards that I'm currently waiting on in the mail
>>
>>50402451
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-enters-the-fraya/
>eldrazi displacer
do you use him as removal or for flickering? i didn't put him into my breya deck because i had too few good targets for flickering
>read the runes
does it work well for you? never cast it because i didn't want to discard/sac too much stuff

will you be adding wipers/spot removal?
>>
Somebody pointed out to me that my Simian Spirit Guides are actually worth a buck, so now it looks like my weekend's gonna be spent going through my commons and uncommons to try and find value. Urrgh.
>>
File: worriedpepe.jpg (61KB, 540x511px) Image search: [Google]
worriedpepe.jpg
61KB, 540x511px
oh god i cant stop building decks

i built one earlier this month, and i'm already brewing like 4 other decks

>grenzo flying men and light chaos
>edric flying men and control
>gahiji politics and pillowfort
>rakdos reanimator

i'm also interested in alesha, ephara, kambal and marchesa but haven't started brewing for them

send help
>>
Do you guys think control should get more love in Commander? It really doesn't seem like it's worth putting a lot of spot removal and stuff like that in your deck because at best, you'll stop a single player from comboing off or whatever, and then the other 2 players will be relatively better off since you've burnt card advantage.

It feels like the only deck that can really supply that massive need for card advantage to control 3 players is Edric, and he's broken good anyway. Maybe some kind of B(U/W) deck could also do it with necropotence and other broken card draw engines, but it's still eh eh
>>
>>50403278
Was me a month ago.

Have started to pull decks apart. Got rid of Mono white angel tribal, sidisi self mill, and Akiri Boros. Built Liliana reanimator/goodstuff tho.

I wanna pull myself down to 7 decks. I have, so far.

>Colorless Kozilek
>Azusa Lands.dec
>Ezuri Elf Rampage
>Liliana Black Reanimator/Goodstuff
>Azami Wizards
>Trostani tokens
>Rakdos Reanimator
>Atraxa +1/+1 Madness
>Breya.Dec
>Mayael Power 5
>Zada, Combo Grinder

Probably gonna get rid of Rakdos, Akiri, and Ezuri but not sure what else. Wanna keep Azusa and Azami cuz they're my most competitive decks.
>>
>>50403402
Control is strong in edh but it depends entirely on what you're trying to build. I run Brago flicker stax board wipes and soft locks pretty effectively. I also have a lazav hand lock down deck, and Memnarch uses hard locks with a shitload of mana to win. When you're building control for edh, use cards that hit all players for little investment, like propaganda, or necrogen mists. Like you said, spot removal isn't as good, but throwing down stormtide leviathan or winter or and tangle wire in Brago is usually a pretty strong play.
>>
File: SHREK.png (201KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
SHREK.png
201KB, 265x370px
Yidris.
So what would be good 'must-includes' in the deck after buying?

Maybe my new favorate commander.
>>
File: talrando.jpg (24KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
talrando.jpg
24KB, 300x246px
Any tips for this beauty? I'm trying to make it duel commander but I don't know if talrand's the right guy for the job.
Yes, changing commanders is a valid idea
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/talrand-is-a-ing-ot-2-electric-boogaloo/
>>
>>50403466
Yeah I don't consider stax the same as control. I just see control as mainly spot removal and mass removal, and is basically laser-accurate when it comes to controlling. Stax fucks everyone over and is basically the shotgun approach to controlling.

That's just my opinion though. I was hoping to make a deck that revolves around laser-accurate removal like that, but the options available are kinda disappointing. Here's a commander I would like for this archetype:

----

Grand Arbiter Augustin V

WWUU

Discard a card, 3 colorless mana: Return target spell or permanent you don't control to its owner's hand. Any player may activate this ability.

2/4

----

I think that would fix the main problem with playing control in EDH, which is that by spot removing someone's shit you're simultaneously making yourself and that player weaker and the 2 other players stronger. This would basically fix that issue (in a bit of a ham-handed way, though)
>>
>>50403569
How about some dank for those drakes?
>>
>>50403589
or maybe the ability should be more like:

Each player may pay any amount of mana. If the amount of mana is 5 or more, return target spell or permanent to its owner's hand.

I probably fucked up the wording but you know what i mean
>>
>>50403569
>>50403594
It might be a meta call, but I would swap Mnemonic Wall for Archaeomancer. Lower CMC is always good when you want to buy back countermagic
>>
>>50403589
Bad stax is like a shotgun, you lock things down all willy nilly and pray you benefit. Good stax is like using a shotgun in a hallway shooter. You set yourself up for success, and make sure people can't really fight back. Now, Lazav or Jekeva might be right up your alley. Lazar turns spot removal into a powerful weapon and Jeleva basically nets you free removal whenever you swing. Most Control in edh is enchantment based because they have continuous effects. Like thoughtseize is tad, but mind slash is better because you can keep using it after one investment.
>>
>>50403471
>Doomsday
>Lab Man
>Tendrils
>Living End
>Wanderer
Maybe Memory Jar, but mana fixing ismost important, some rocks and better landbase.
>>
>>50403686
Jeleva or Lazav aren't really stax commanders though. Jeleva is better suited for storm.
>>
>>50404012
I understand that, what I was saying was that for a "control" setup utilizing spot removal, those are your best choices.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.