[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 427
Thread images: 68

File: 1479693731245.jpg (43KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
1479693731245.jpg
43KB, 564x797px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Cute summoner edition!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50366206
>>
What might /tg/s opinion be on allowing players to take monster feats?

Yes? No? Depends on the feat?
>>
>>50371675
I allow Druids to take say, Hover as a feat, or Flyby attack.
>>
File: Sable_Colored.png (2MB, 1441x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Sable_Colored.png
2MB, 1441x2112px
>>50371675
Realistically, Monster Feats are no more powerful than standard feats, just have more strenuous requirements. If the character can meet said requirements, there's no reason to prevent them from taking said feat.
>>
Sup /pfg/. I wrote a big, clunky archetype for swashbucklers. I think it's fun. Comments are open if you would like to read and opine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lfad5Vs52LRyQ9wxxeuk8aRekhHOc056t3Wv-KpmM8Q/edit#
>>
>>50371540
Wouldn't finding the her magical book be the event? Or is that too minor?
>>
File: 4b5008bd25310ac1a2640ce175659e94.jpg (192KB, 736x1057px) Image search: [Google]
4b5008bd25310ac1a2640ce175659e94.jpg
192KB, 736x1057px
>>50371637
Burgeoning Barbecue

School Transmutation (Mundane fuckery?); Level 4
Casting Time 4 hours
Components S, M (500Gp of Exotic Ingredients + at least one pound of Dragon Type Meat)
Skill Checks: Profession (Cooking) DC 28; 4 Successes
Range: Touch(*Special)
Saving Throw: None Spell Resistance: no
Backlash: Primary and Secondary Casters receive 2d6 Nonlethal Damage
Failure: While Consumer gains half their weight, speed is reduced by half, and is locked at a heavy load for 10 days.

Effect:
An exceptional fantastic meal developed originally by Giants as a gift to their closest human friends. The hearty meal, when consumed, Causes the individual consuming it to grow one size category larger. Specifically Doubling(x2) height and Oct-tupling(x8) their weight This effect is permanent. All Magical equipment worn by the consumer grows with her, mundane equipment worn by the consumer will not grow, but will remain on their person for 1+hardness rounds before bursting off. Magical weapons owned by that person will grow to fit her new size, including throwing weapons. Mundane weapons will not.

The cooks can convert this meal into a set of four kebabs to split the growth between individuals, however the effect is then reduced to 1 hour.
>>
File: toddie.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
toddie.png
131KB, 241x245px
>>50371672
>See that Onryou?
>You can tame it
>>
>>50371707

Too minor - she found the book, now what? Finding the book is basically her level 1, what did she do for the other two levels?
>>
>>50371675
They're mostly just there because the majority of PCs when the books first came out would never qualify or had nothing to do with them.

... Then PCs started having options to have wings.

And claws.

And breath weapons.

And tentacled beasts.

And suddenly they really belonged in the general list again, but 'monster feats' is just a category like 'combat' or 'metamagic' in worst case.
>>
So I have come here to ask. After the changed to Ricktor Watt:

Backstory:
>http://pastebin.com/zaehdxs0

Sheet:
>http://pastebin.com/8wgvQayq

Backstory Greentext:
>born cursed unable to lie & break a promise
>mother died in child birth
>had abusive father
>started learning thievery under old beggar former thief
>beggar eventually actually starts teaching him instead of mooching
>stole from the Kaijitsu manor
>met Ameiko, became obsessed
>didn't tell anyone because he can't lie
>eventually made mistake of promising to make her happy
>this warps him quite a bit as he gets physically ill constantly now
>started reading to find out about his curse
>goes on super sweet crime spree in Maginmar to improve himself
>final big heist with a raid on Usher's Hall
>steal his amulet lodged in the eye of a statue he thinks might have a key to who cursed him
>after the big heist beggar mentor disappears
>returns to sandpoint to find that in his absence his father has died
>doesn't have anything left, begins living with the priest
>seeks to discover the secrets of the amulet and the mark on his back, and become someone worthy of Ameiko

Is there anything I should really change? Anything to improve on for the character? Anything that is grossly offensive?

At the moment the debate is removing Nature's Divination, as it doesn't fit the character that great, and instead being a Dark Tapestry oracle.

As of now he has the following:
>two +10s to skills per day
>three +8s to any d20 per day
>one +4 to any d20 per day
>seven rounds of +4 to Cha and Dex skills per day

If I change it he loses both +10s and gains a sweet competency bonus to stealth and armor that's always on so he doesn't need to wear a breastplate.
>>
>>50371734

This is doubly hilarious because she's an Iron Mountain Monk.
>>
File: Lewd.jpg (55KB, 323x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.jpg
55KB, 323x720px
>>50371745
>And tentacled beasts.
>Read that as tentacled breasts
>>
File: Ah.jpg (107KB, 541x538px) Image search: [Google]
Ah.jpg
107KB, 541x538px
>>50371769
>>
>>50371675
They're feats. PCs can take them if they qualify. This is how it's always been, and it's really never been an issue.
>>
>>50371769
I googled it hoping for funny images. I'm like super dumb because it's all just tentacles and breasts, not tentacled breasts.
>>
>>50371637
Is becoming a priest then setting out on a pilgrimage good power level for a level 3 PC? I had some conflicting reviews in my focus group that said a level 3 is basically just an uppity commoner or that they should have accomplished something bigger like saving the town.

My other choice is an unworldly farmboy that's decided to use his psionics for more than helping cows and sheep not die on the farm.
>>
File: 1436138377887.png (66KB, 296x285px) Image search: [Google]
1436138377887.png
66KB, 296x285px
>>50371734
>>50371761

She's got some sizeable outcroppings, yeah? Just get some thick metal loops on the tips and loop a chain though 'em.

At that point climbing the mountain's as easy as giving the chain a good tug.
>>
>>50371734

All Onryou wants is a charming, princely, and exceptionally cheesy, man (Or sufficiently bifauxen woman) to whisper corny sweet nothings into her ear and take her to their castle where they'll be waited on by a hundred servants and they'll have a baker's dozen of children!!
>>
>>50371745
Nitpick: 'monster feats' isn't a category, just a section title. 'Monstrous' was a feat category in 3.0, and people keep trying to label the general feats in the bestiaries and monster manuals as 'monster' for whatever reason.
>>
>>50371793
>>50371813

PFS doesn't allow you to take monster feats still.
>>
>>50371753
Basically what I'm asking is should I tone him down on the mechanics side quite a bit more?
>>
>>50371737
That's true. So going on a little adventure to give her the taste of freedom and uncertainty, perhaps that'd be the thing that pushes her from "neat NPC" into "adventurer material"?
>>
>>50371824
PFS doesn't allow a lot of things. I'm not sure how that's relevant.
>>
>>50371805

while that's probably sexy as fuck, the mental image of getting pulled by nipple piercings physically hurts me.

To counter act this, I must claim that Onryou has inverted nipples.
>>
File: 1448993288759.png (151KB, 474x426px) Image search: [Google]
1448993288759.png
151KB, 474x426px
>>50371853

>Inverted nipples
>Not just making them large enough that nipple piercings are no problem
>>
>>50371886

Her tits are already the size of her head, she doesn't need glass cutters on top of that. her horns can already cut glass
>>
>>50371745
What classes can start with wings? The only one I can think of is gargoyles and they have 36 RP.
>>
>>50371946
I'll assume you mean Races, not classes.

Look up the Strix
>>
>>50371946
Wyvarans have wings. Their flight isn't great, but they can fly.
>>
>>50371946
>>50371960

Wyvaran Too
>>
>>50371960
Yeah that's what I meant.
>>
File: OverW Smug-metra.gif (2MB, 245x350px) Image search: [Google]
OverW Smug-metra.gif
2MB, 245x350px
>>50371853
>>50371886
>>50371906
I honestly didn't think my initial response would spiral this far out of control
>>
>>50371906

I imagine she was just a scrappy kid before she came back to sandpoint on her six year pilgrimage with her Master. Puberty hit her like the Earthfall.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
Is there a more thematic class than a ranger with lots of points in UMD for a Goblin slayer character?
>>
>>50371996
>Is there a more thematic class than a ranger with lots of points in UMD for a Goblin slayer character?

Uhh... Slayer?
>>
>>50371906
Yeah!

She seems more like a pasties girl anyway.

Also damnit Clover, where'd you move the heckin spoiler tag button?
>>
>>50372004
My DM doesn't like that class. Says it does too many jobs better than other classes.
>>
>>50372024
Your DM is a moron.
>>
>>50371996
Goblin Slayer is a fighter.
Totally serious, he's a commoner who specc'd his feats to fight goblins.

He might have taken 1-2 levels of ranger for favored enemy.
>>
>>50372024
I mean, he's not wrong that it does stuff better than other classes, but "being better than a fighter/rogue" isn't exactly something for a class to get banned over.
>>
>>50372024
Your DM is an idiot.
>>
>>50372024
Does he ban wizards?
>>
File: Onryou Kajitisu.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Onryou Kajitisu.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>50372005
She doesn't really wear a bra, More along the lines of a few leather straps to hold the bulk of the mass in place. even then thats only when wearing something formal.

>>50371991
Yeah Ameiko often teases her saying that she mugged the Bosom Brownie while she was traveling. Or that She' not part demon, but part Minotaur. Or that she drinks three gallons of milk a day and that's where it all goes. Or... Well she's got a lot of them.
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (776KB, 514x667px) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
776KB, 514x667px
>>50372054
>Or that she drinks three gallons of milk a day and that's where it all goes. Or... Well she's got a lot of them.

Yeah, she could really feed a whole tavern with those things!
>>
>>50372050
Nope, that's why I always play one if I can. Dude witch hexes are fucking sick.
>>
>>50372036
DM here. I'm all for improving the balance of Pathfinder, but forcing power creep by overloading these "hybrid" classes - which are all pretty much Gestalts, a system that was broken even at the height of 3.5 - was not the way to do it.

IMHO if you can balance the baseline of fighter, rogue, cleric, thief you've solved D&D and in pathfinder that needs to be the focus before bullshit like "oh, the strongest martial class + the sneak attack that lets rogues compete with martial classes + let's break the RNG while we're at it."

It's the same as the magic primacy problem, but inverted - taking away places to "be" in the other direction. When the Standard Four are fixed then I'll think about what new niches should be opened - Paizo making a cash grab by burning the old ones is shameless garbage bullshit.
>>
File: WHAT HAPPENED.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT HAPPENED.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>50372054
I feel like if Anja and Onryou ended up in the same party, Anja would consistently be jealous of Onryou's cooking skills and assets, as she's got better than Anja in both departments. The fact that it's on display would just set her.

I'm just imagining the tiefling girl coming back and Anja looking like pic related
>>
File: 1472435450730.jpg (11KB, 198x328px) Image search: [Google]
1472435450730.jpg
11KB, 198x328px
>>50372091
>but forcing power creep by overloading these "hybrid" classes - which are all pretty much Gestalts, a system that was broken even at the height of 3.5 - was not the way to do it.

>He thinks Slayer is overpowered

It's quite literally one of the most balanced, effective classes in the game.
>>
>>50372054
>Those eyes
I'm in love
>>
>>50371853
had a friend who actually had her nipple ripped in half - she had piercings and her hookup had braces lol. she described the pain as "astonishing"

honestly i think that'd be a good rite of passage for bloodragers lol. the split-stream trial. guys do it with prince alberts, and then your magic blood anger hate powers activate forever.
>>
>>50372091
>implying Barbarian wasn't already a million times better than Fighter
>implying bard, or basically every class, isn't better than Rogue
>ACTUALLY IMPLYING that hybrid classes are gestalt-levels of broken
>implying that Slayer isn't one of the most well-designed, comfiest to build Martials in the system

Next you're going to tell me that you ban Unchained Rogue.
>>
File: Whatthefuck.gif (1MB, 446x270px) Image search: [Google]
Whatthefuck.gif
1MB, 446x270px
>>50372091
>which are all pretty much Gestalts
What? No. they're not. They're really not.

If you want a good example, look at the Swashbuckler - it's meant to hybridize the gunslinger and fighter, right? well, it's worse than either of them. And given one of those is gunslinger, that is a low fucking bar.

Brawler isn't as powerful as a typical fighter in the vast majority of cases. Even vigilante is stronger than it.

if we look at the half-casters, Hunter is considerably weaker than druid and, here's the thing, it focuses on the animal companion a lot more than the Ranger or Druid, giving it its own Niche. It's THE petmaster class, and that's about all it does truly well.

Are Shaman and Arcanist broken? Yeah, but Arcanist isn't any more broken than wizard, which is core. Shaman has no real excuse though, i'll admit, but it's the only class in the game that's serious cheese.

Learn some real balance and read the fucking classes before you dump them, dude. You're talking out your ass.
>>
>>50372099

This is about when the bear hugs come in. then marshmallow hell.

>>50372070
She only drinks ONE gallon of milk each day thank you very much! She needs the calcium for her training.
>>
>>50372105
It's literally a ranger and rogue gestalt that does completely unreasonable sustainable damage just for free regardless of its feat or style choices. It's SO STRONG. An encounter should take a whole party, not one guy to back up a Slayer.

>>50372124
No I agree with the unchained rogue, I just changed talent progression and removed the "special" sneak since that is what tactics and debuff magic are for. But improving the rogue is definitely a worthy design goal.
>>
>>50372143
I'm just curious, how is Swashbuckler weaker than Gunslinger? I can see for fighter, but at my table, whenever I've rolled a Swashbuckler, I'm mostly overshadowed the other martials or my party. Answering is pretty neat as an ability, and if I snag Cut from the Air and Smash from the air, then I pretty don,t need to focus on my defenses as much as other classes might need to.

I understand it's nothing amazing still, but considering we only play 1pp at my table, it has always been relevant and viable.
>>
>>50372165
mostly overshadowing* even
>>
>>50372143
>but it's the only class in the game that's serious cheese.
What about summoner?
>>
File: RATTLE ME BONES.gif (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
RATTLE ME BONES.gif
1MB, 360x360px
>>50372154
>I just changed talent progression and removed the "special" sneak

If this means "My version of the rogue has fewer talents" I'm afraid you straight up can't be saved. If by "special sneak" you mean Debilitating Injury, you're retarded.

>slayer does unreasonable amounts of damage

t. man who has literally never played with a barbarian, properly built inquisitor, Paladin, or even a fucking DRUID.
>>
>>50371753
Are we just going to ignore how weird and creepy this guy is?
>>
>>50372207
Yeah, I don't try to play classes that ruin the game for the DM or my fellow players, or give myself sanity limits if I have a cool concept that can only be a Barbarian (no Inquisitors). What's wrong with that exactly? I work together to make a great story, that's all that matters.
>>
>>50372165

As I understand it, the primary issue with swashbuckler is the action economy. Too many features competing for Swifts and Immediates.
>>
>>50372154
>literally a ranger and rogue gestalt.
1) Not literally. I don't care if that word doesn't mean what it used to mean, it doesn't get sneak attack as fast as a rogue or the hunter's bond of a ranger.
2) Ranger and rogue aren't particularly good. Even U Rogue isn't some combat monster. The reason people say Slayer is balanced is because it actually allows you to do what it says it does. It's a flexible non-magical character that can deal damage without being locked in to a single style, as well as have some out of combat utility.

>>50372165
Oh, so you're just partially retarded. The rest is that your players can't optimize for shit.
>>
>>50372217

That's just how DHB do.
>>
>>50372230
Oh yeah, but isn,t that the same for Inquisitor?
>>
>>50372223
t. Stormwind Fallacy
>>
>>50372165
Relevant and viable do not mean "good".

Here's the thing with tier lists; they aren't meant to show what is the most broken, they're meant to show what has the most narrative importance. A fighter has very little narrative importance and can't really affect the story in a grand way. that's where Swashbucklers, gunslingers, and the like sit; they can only contribute in heavily specified regions of the campaign handed out by the GM. Meanwhile, summoners, wizards, and the like are manipulating the entire course of the campaign as an ability they can do multiple times per day.

Combat contribution is not why spellcasters are broken.

>>50372183
Right, I knew I was forgetting one.
>>
>>50370939
Uh... Heroes of the storm. Diablo 3. Darkest Dungeon. Diablo 2. Eve online. I'm going to drop Heroes of the storm in favor of final fantasy 5 though.

Well, I'd want to use my dust 514 characters rather than the eve online ones, because the capsuleers would be useless and they were a shared universe (even if dust got shut down :( sad times).

>Diablo 3
Legacy of Nightmares set crusader - playing bombard / steed charge. Not a fucking clue how to do this. Maybe some form of initiator using entirely customized schools?

>Diablo 2
Currently a low level magic find sorceress spamming fireball (going to switch to lightning once I get to about 40 though). Probably a spherecaster.

>Darkest dungeon
Jester & Abomination. Abomb is a beastmorph alchemist, bombs are used to represent some of his humanoid acid vomit stuff. Jester is an archetype package bard that drops spellcasting to pick up sneak attack.

>Eve Online
Dust 514 character, uses powered armor and a laser rifle. Aegis could maybe work to represent his light, medium and heavy suits. Probably gestalts techslinger. Does not account for the vehicle specialist at all.

>FF5
Oh god. so many options.
>>
File: BaitDontCare.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BaitDontCare.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>50372223
I... What? Are you honestly implying any of the classes I just listed, save Druid, are ACTUALLY capable of ruining a game? You're pulling our leg, right? Are you fresh off the PFS boat? Are you the kind of person who would unironically defend the Jingasa nerf? I don't care how hard I'm being baited, I need to know.

>>50372239
The things that compete for an Inquisitor's actions all tend to actually have impact, rather than "I need this to not be literally worse than a fighter"
>>
>>50372217
Trust me, if you find the current draft creepy the first one was this x10.
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (23KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
23KB, 337x372px
>ready to bite the bullet for that sweet Deflection bonus from fighting unarmored
>mfw I remember I can craft Bracers of Armor
>>
File: Shocked Reaction2.png (916KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked Reaction2.png
916KB, 1280x720px
>>50372288
So, is this how NToRacle is creeping in his fetishes? He puts in something so grotesque and offensive that, when he tones it down, it looks sane?

Just like how people circumvent TV censors?
>>
File: Oglaf Fox 01.jpg (14KB, 172x196px) Image search: [Google]
Oglaf Fox 01.jpg
14KB, 172x196px
>>50372099
>>50372146
i was already pretty sold on a lot of the characters, now you're just teasing me.
>>
>>50372091
First off, thank you for posting and proving that you are, in fact, a moron.

Secondly, I'm going to do my best to respond point by point, but your post is filled with such incredible displays of ignorance that my brain is struggling to grasp your point.

> which are all pretty much Gestalts, a system that was broken even at the height of 3.5

No.
The hybrid classes are not gestalt, and dismissing 10 classes because of an asinine over generalization is moronic.

> if you can balance the baseline of fighter, rogue, cleric, thief

Fullstop.

I've been doing this a long time, so lemme give you a piece of advice. You can't. Balancing the archetypical party would involve majorly rewriting two of the four classes, no matter how you try to do it. Martials are too weak, and casters are too strong. That is a fact of the system.

> the strongest martial class
Bitch, what?

The Fighter is a fucking joke. The Fighter isn't even the best martial in the CORE RULE BOOK.

> the sneak attack that lets rogues compete with martial classes

At massively reduced progression, to the point that it's not even worth mentioning. Plus, Sneak Attack is complete shit in PF.

> let's break the RNG while we're at it

+1 to hit/damage per 5 levels "breaks" the RNG? The hell kind of drugs are you smoking?

>taking away places to "be" in the other direction

What? English mother fucker, do you speak it?

> When the Standard Four are fixed

Will never happen.

> burning the old ones is shameless garbage bullshit

Oh please, the CRB, with the exception of Paladin, Barbarian, and Bard, is hot garbage. The best decision Paizo ever made is trying to get away from it.

> It's SO STRONG. An encounter should take a whole party, not one guy to back up a Slayer.

No, it's not. If a Slayer is breaking you encounters, then you're fucking awful at encounter design.
>>
>>50372356
So, different guy, but aren't fighters becoming an okay option now, with stuff like Weapon Spirit and more?

If you throw in 3pp, Myrmidon is certainly a solid addition?
>>
>>50372374
Exactly. Okay, as in "no longer a steaming pile of dogshit."
>>
>>50372374
>aren't fighters becoming an okay option now, with stuff like Weapon Spirit and more?

Using 1pp content, they're playable. You deal damage, or use combat maneuvers, and that's about it. You still lack any kind of utility, and your saves suck. You're probably the worst choice for the job, but you can do it.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the 3pp support for Fighter; but anything that can initiate isn't completely terrible.
>>
Does synthesist summoner make a lot of DMs roll their eyes? Does it ruin games?

I finally have an idea for a character, but must ask some advice to finish fleshing it out. Question is: what are fun gestalt options to pair up with Synthesist summoner?
>>
File: 1370228075380.jpg (41KB, 367x384px) Image search: [Google]
1370228075380.jpg
41KB, 367x384px
>>50372323
Nah.

Just because this version is less creepy and rapey, doesn't mean it's acceptable.
>>
>>50372443
I'll be honest, Synthesist Summoner isn't as bad as people make it be. Sure, it allows the Synthesist to dump his physical stats and the eidolon to do vice versa, but it divides the Summoner's action economy.
>>
>>50372443
>Does synthesist summoner make a lot of DMs roll their eyes? Does it ruin games?

Yes and no more than a regular summoner.

It's basically a blank check to be the world's biggest munchkin, and that's all people seem to use it for.
>>
>>50372323
>>50372449
I think I need to go on the record as saying that this is not my fetish, merely that I think a toxic and dependent romance is interesting roleplay-wise as opposed to an entirely happy romance.

This version is much less dependent. Really it depends on the tone of the game overall. I just want to play a character I find interesting to play. I don't even want to participate in ERP.
>>
>>50371753
Should I shoot for a backstory of this length or something shorter? I'm at about half that length if I add the personality/description/flaws/introduction sections.
>>
>>50372471
You don't need to participate in ERP to jerk off after the session m8
>>
>>50372054
It's gonna be fukkin wierd for Corwin, the last time he saw Onryou, she was like 13, and just learning the joys of breaking stuff.

Now she's got that whole amazon warrior vibe.
>>
>>50372471
>I think I need to go on the record as saying that this is not my fetish

Sure m8, whatever you say.
>>
>>50372487
>>50372479
If I made a character to appeal to my fetishes people would know it. I do not plan on the character or his relationship with Ameiko being sexual in nature.

Besides in the current draft he just wants to make her happy and find out who cursed him.
>>
>>50372513
>Besides in the current draft he just wants to make her happy and find out who cursed him.
And find his mentor. Plus he just wants to make her happy by being a better person for her.

How is wanting to be a better person to make someone happy creepy?
>>
File: _lol_sona_by_savua-d86p64t.jpg (156KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
_lol_sona_by_savua-d86p64t.jpg
156KB, 751x1063px
I'm posting this to vent, so feel free to skip over this if you want. Have a Sona for your troubles.

Is everyone here familiar with non-compete encounter design? Let's put out an example.

Your party of 4 come across a locked, stone door. You designed this simple encounter, whether on purpose or not, and have a few ideas on how the party will go about solving it.

1) The locked door has a key on a guy a few rooms down.
2) The rogue can lock pick the door.
3) Etc etc.

This is fine. What's not fine is making players have to follow that tune exactly. Maybe the wizard has knock prepared. Maybe the druid has stone shape. Maybe the monk has a DR ignoring strike. There are a hundred different ways to solve nearly any encounter that getting pissy because a player used an LoS teleport through the bars of their prision, and thus you have to retroactively say that this hamlet of 1,000 people somehow have a fucking Anti-magic field sitting in their basement jail, then telling us that we are doing it wrong when you tell us all the solutions we try to present don't work because we don't know what fucking words to tell you that you want to hear.

Encounter design for non combat should be simple.

1) The problem.
2) Some solutions with some consequences
3) "and then the PCs overcame it"

Waste of fuckin 4 hours.
>>
>>50372573
Every fucking time, I'm with you there.
>>
File: 1403319051832.jpg (180KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1403319051832.jpg
180KB, 1440x810px
>>50372054
>meanwhile, in the corner of the inn amid the pile of books, desperately attempting to ignore the banter and failing miserably
>>
File: never trust an elf.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
never trust an elf.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>Nobody is playing an innocent character with the smokin' body.
>>
>>50372600
>>50372573

This. Open encounters like that are fine. Dont get all pissy when we fuck up your clever design. It is the same with larger scale goals. Dont be mad we decided to talk our way through the dungeon or break in via grappling hooks and escape on gliders.
>>
>>50372625
Why is ganon chopping wood?
>>
>>50372625
She's probably innocent, though not really a smokin' body.
>>
>>50372513
>>50372526
Nah it's fine now. Some people just have a really low tolerance level.
>>
>>50372054
>>50372483
Man, this is making me realize I really should branch out and look at how my character's gotten along with other residents. One doesn't just show up in sandpoint and proceed to live there for 8~ years without at least attempting to make friends.

Or losing his temper when a local girl broke one too many of his creations right after he finished working with them.
>>
What's a good occupation for an Alchemist that DOESN'T involve being a potions peddler?
>>
>>50372675
Which one's your character, Anon?
>>
>>50372726
Miner. You got the bombs and the knowledge (engineering) for that sort of job.
>>
>>50372726

>Miner
>Engineer
>Engineer corps for military
>Sapper
>Inventor? Maybe
>CSI
>Detective
>>
>>50372726
Terrorist with implant bomb.
>>
>>50372736
Etan the glassmaker, hence getting his stuff broken by rowdy kids. Were it not the middle of the night I'd probably just go through the posted characters one at a time and make a few projections on how things would most likely go. Maybe I should get on that tomorrow, make it a little writing exercise to get my withered creative juices flowing.
>>
>>50372768
>CSI
>Detective
Investigator
>>
>>50372471
So you're gonna, if accepted, shit the game for everyone for your giggles, m8?

get fukt
>>
File: CONSTRUCTION MAN 2.jpg (105KB, 671x995px) Image search: [Google]
CONSTRUCTION MAN 2.jpg
105KB, 671x995px
>>50372726
Well, you could be a surgeon most likely, or go with my personal favorite: A Dad
>>
>>50372823
Wait, where did I say that? I just want to play a character who is a bit obsessed with Ameiko, wants to be a better person and improve himself for her, find out what happened to his mentor, and find out about the mark on his shoulder.

I'm really not seeing what in the current draft is so bad.

What is bad? I want to change it so I can work with a party. I don't want to be that guy in the game.
>>
>>50372826
By now we've got enough DAD to just fill the entire party with them and be DADSQUAD.
>>
>>50372795
Neat. I'll think of something for him with Anja as well.
>>
File: Keyole.png (442KB, 766x820px) Image search: [Google]
Keyole.png
442KB, 766x820px
What has this general become?
>>
>>50372905
To be honest?

Character discussion, seems like.
>>
>>50372910
Pretty much. Most of the stuff we're discussing has a bit of lewd potential, but it's mostly character interactions.
>>
>>50371246
I don't understand
>>
does every character literally need to be a childhood friend or creepy stalker or next door neighbor of Ameiko.

seriously, guys, just be random adventurers meeting in a bar
>>
>>50372936
That's not really the point of Jade Regent. All of the campaign traits have you be romantically involved, the best friend of, or sibling of one of the major NPCs. Being involved with them makes sense and gives you a stake in the adventure.
>>
File: smile.png (368KB, 721x764px) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
368KB, 721x764px
>>50372910
>>50372922
I'm not even mad desu. More surprised that the discussions of tits or whatever haven't been pruned. Guess the janitors just gave up since it's still within the realm of character and discussion and writing ?
>>
File: Pretentious Confusion.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
Pretentious Confusion.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
>>50372936
>half the fun of the AP is the chance to actually give your character a reason to go for the plot hook
>"why is everyone giving their characters a reason to care about the plot hook?"

Nigga, maybe I'm sick of playing random adventurers that have no real reason to care about the town they're trying to save.
>>
>>50372936
Because that's what Jade Regent is about? You have a connection to one of the major NPCs of the adventure path and aren't just a random from out-of-town.
>>
>>50372997
>>50372957
>>50372949
you're not doing jade regent

you're doing Rise of the Runelords

everyone's so busy trying to get their bees up the heiress' bonnet that they're making dull as fuck characters
>>
>>50373004
No, it's book 1 of rise of the runelords and books 1-6 of jade regent.
>>
>>50373004
>Rise of the Rune Regent
>Book 1 of Runelords, followed by books 1-6 of Jade Regent

No anon, you are the retards.
>>
>>50373004
>everyone's so busy trying to get their bees up the heiress' bonnet that they're making dull as fuck characters
Wait, so you're suggestion of "random adventure in a bar" is more interesting?

Also the campaign is mostly JR. Book 1 RotRL and books 1-6 JR.
>>
Well let's be honest, the adventure isn't going to happen.
>>
File: BaitHook.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BaitHook.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>50373004
>>
>>50372936
>creepy stalker
I don't get where people are getting creepy stalker from. NToRacle doesn't seems like a creepy stalker. Even in the first draft he only became creepy after his dad died. Before that he was just a poor kid who snuck into the manor to be Ameiko's friend.
>>
File: 1479229199127.png (19KB, 221x224px) Image search: [Google]
1479229199127.png
19KB, 221x224px
Thanks again for the CotCT Anniversary edition anon!
>>
>>50372891
>Dadsquad forms
>No lewd happens
>Just endless dad jokes
>Ameiko gets on the throne, surrounded by loyal dad-advisors

Fund it
>>
>>50373148
>talk about dad jokes
>don't even make the obvious one
>Ameiko on the throne, surrounded by DADVISORS
>>
>>50373148
>Dad-advisors
>Dadvisors
>>
File: tumblr_ni4vjwZRwa1tqkqd8o1_500.png (101KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni4vjwZRwa1tqkqd8o1_500.png
101KB, 500x400px
>>50373148
>Other nations get sick of the constant dadjokes and declare war.
>>
File: dad76.jpg (274KB, 900x649px) Image search: [Google]
dad76.jpg
274KB, 900x649px
>>50373155
>going against the dadquad
>>
File: ybydbsqqwwoqix5ihaiy.png (204KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
ybydbsqqwwoqix5ihaiy.png
204KB, 800x400px
>>50373214
Bring it, old men.
>>
>>50373214
The fucking juicy juice gets me every time, hot damn.

I need to get better at being team dad in my game. I'm more like the weird older brother.
>>
File: dad_76_by_ferrumpenna-da62zs4.jpg (83KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
dad_76_by_ferrumpenna-da62zs4.jpg
83KB, 600x845px
>>50373214
Dad 76 is probably the best thing to come out of OW. Even Gareth agrees.
>>
>>50373247

Better than that weird uncle
>>
File: iKq6Xuo.jpg (95KB, 680x1587px) Image search: [Google]
iKq6Xuo.jpg
95KB, 680x1587px
>>50373274
>not posting dad76 jokes
>>
>>50373284
NTRDwarf?
>>
>>50371753
>DepressedHomebrewer
>makes depressing characters
>suddenly everyone throws a fit
I don't get it.
>>
>>50373315

I know it has been going on for several threads but I still have no idea what NTR is.
>>
>>50373301
>>
>>50373337
Shorthand for neotare, the japanese term for when someone seduces yo love interest away from you.

As far as I can tell anyway.
>>
>>50373337
Depressed homebrewer made two characters, both of them have really high diplomacy scores. Ones a exiled dwarf who was forced to be a cannibal and possibly was a murderer. The other was a cursed child who befriended Ameiko and became fixated upon her.

Players joke about NTR because they don't know how the romance system works and because its a meme.
>>
>>50373364
I think it's netorare, but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>50373364

Thanks anon. Youre the best.
>>
File: 1473849763227.gif (292KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1473849763227.gif
292KB, 300x168px
>>50373150
>Dadvisers
>Dadvisors
>76 wears a Dadvisor
>>
File: 1479541899453.jpg (781KB, 3200x2134px) Image search: [Google]
1479541899453.jpg
781KB, 3200x2134px
>>50373148
No team mom
>>
>>50373444
>immortal vampiric necromancer
>>
>>50372952
has tit discussion ever been pruned as long as people aren't posting NSFW images?
>>
>>50373454
>true BBEG of Overwatch
>>
>>50373444
There would be at least one team little sister, though! One dad would be a Promethean Alchemist on one side. It could be debated that maybe, depending on how the homunculus is treated, it could act as a team mom instead.
>>
>>50371753
I asked if anything was offensive if the backstory and if it needed a change. People seem to think it does, but what needs the change?
>>
File: 1470282412791.jpg (267KB, 646x930px) Image search: [Google]
1470282412791.jpg
267KB, 646x930px
>>50373494
>Homunculus daughteru
>She's an ageless victorian doll
>>
>>50373369
I regret being the first that memed about NTR and people picking up on it.

Also, why are Drake companions so fucking horrible?
>>
>>50373518
Because Paizo.
>>
>>50373518
>I regret being the first that memed about NTR and people picking up on it.
Honestly it's kind of fucked DHB over, no way he is getting chosen now. The guy makes sad and depressing characters.
>>
File: welcome home, good hunter.jpg (187KB, 1771x2598px) Image search: [Google]
welcome home, good hunter.jpg
187KB, 1771x2598px
>>50373511
did someone say Doll?
>>
>>50373524
My GM allowed me to get a Drake companion for my Sylvan bloodline sorcerer, and I guess that I should've figured why he found the idea funny because it's just so fucking shit. I get that they're lazy fucks, but why must I invest 100% of my ressources over 20 levels for them to become decent fliers? Who thought 8d6 breath damage at level 15 was acceptable? And that's after investing like 2 other powers into it, jesus.
>>
File: tumblr_oc3nwxp4Ce1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg (556KB, 768x1366px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc3nwxp4Ce1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg
556KB, 768x1366px
>>50373494
D.Va is cute little-sisteru.

Roadhog is fun-uncle.
>>
>>50373530
Now now, I remember what happened last time. Wait until bump limit.
>>
>>50373562
>Roadhog
>Tank

You're playing him wrong. He can't tank for shit because he has no damage mitigation.
His self-heal cannot sustain large damage sources and his skills are more suited as a 'jungler/skirmisher' role picking off high priority targets like Mercy or Lucio with Hook + Shotgun pointblank.
>>
>>50373591
Nobody cares. Just enjoy the cute picture.
>>
>>50373591
I'm not playing him at all because I dont have overwatch.

I didn't decide his role, but I understand very much how he plays, because it's an idea that's been around since pudge in dota 1. He aggressively secures picks and is a wall of health which gives your team a numbers advantage to do what you want. He's not exactly "defensive utility" like say, reinhardt... he's aggressive, but that doesn't make him not a tank.

In fact he functions like tanks did in real historical use - they were durable things that rolled in, fucked shit up and enabled less durable things to follow up behind them. They could take some punishment, but they weren't *just* about being abused.
>>
>>50373562
I dunno, Roadhog's less the fun-uncle, and more the one who you don't see too often, but owns a scrapyard.

He lets you take home anything you build from scrap parts, so long as it actually does something. That's his only rule.

>>50373591
He's a tank in the sense that he can still take a metric ton more punishment than everyone else. He doesn't actively protect, but he draws fire by being both a large, tempting target and a threat you need to answer, while also being able to sustain his presence on the field better than any other tank without external support.
>>
File: 1452631760174.png (2MB, 831x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1452631760174.png
2MB, 831x1500px
Funny how the Doll is better than the person she's based off of.
>>
>>50373705
fuck, meant to quote
>>50373530
>>
>>50373705
Idealizations are always better than reality.
>>
File: poor edgy.png (324KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
poor edgy.png
324KB, 850x531px
>>50373705
N-no bullying!
>>
Must be a fucking slow day on /pfg/ since we're discussing /v/ shit.
>>
So what are some abilities that allow rerolls?

The Witch's Fortune Hex does.
The Dual Cursed Oracle's Fortune Revelation does
I need rerolls.
>>
>>50373757
Human racial feats have a couple.
>>
>>50373757

>be human
>take all the luck feats. Every feat, luck feat
>reroll and make your party reroll too just for kicks

It is so sick. It is my next build.
>>
>>50373747
Man, /tg/ and cosmic horror have a long history. Bloodborne is only related to that, but given this is basically Waifus General it makes sense.
>>
>>50373771
>>50373760
The human feats add numbers, they don't do rerolls.
>>
>>50373771
There's a 3pp class called a Luckbringer who basically forces rerolls on every fucking thing.

>>50373773
And the overwatch posting?
>>
>>50373757
You want Preacher Inquisitors.

They're all about dem rerolls.
>>
>>50373789

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/defiant-luck-human'
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/bestow-luck
>>
>>50373789
But that's wrong, idiot. Try reading them before making stupid comments.
>>
>>50373792
>And the overwatch posting?
Yeah, that's just kinda bullshit.
>>
>>50373832
>>50373820
Yeah it does but only on nat 1s. That's pretty bad desu.
>>
>>50373844
That particularly annoys the fuck out of me, since it makes twos worse than ones.

ones you get to reroll, but twos are fucking WORTHLESS TO YOU.
>>
>>50373862
Depends on the DM

On an attack roll, a 2 won't screw you over, but a nat 1 makes you roll on the fumble table
>>
>>50373885
Any GM who uses a fumble table shouldn't be behind the GM screen unless they're running a just for laughs beer and pretzels gonzo game.
>>
Rules question: does Bulette Leap feat's bonus damage stack with Siegebreaker's breaker rush?

Breaker Rush: [...] When [Siegebreaker] performs [bullrush or overrun] combat maneuver, he deals an amount of bludgeoning damage equal to his Strenght bonus. [...]

Bulette Rampage: While you’re using Bulette Charge Style, whenever you succeed at an overrun combat maneuver check against a foe, that foe takes an amount of damage equal to 1d8 (if your size is Medium) or 1d6 (if your size is Small) + 1/2 your armor bonus to AC + 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus.
>>
>>50373960
As a player - Yes, the damage stacks.
As a DM - I'd say you can only use the highest modifier for your strength rather than stacking it to 1.5
>>
>>50374011
I was not sure which one was right, since the type of damage is different.
>>
How to make an initiating Anti-paladin?

Take Knight Disciple.
>change Silver Crane to Black Seraph
>change Iron Tortoise to Cursed Razor

Honestly the class features could just be "change so it hurts good people" instead, but anti-paladins don't feel as focused on defense as paladins.
>>
Do Primal Disciples actually lose ALL their rage powers except for 1? That seems like a really steep cost compared to the other 6 level initiators.

Also how does Advanced Study interact with 6 level initiating to get 7th and higher level manuvers?
>>
>>50374052
Having one rage power means you can still take the feat for more. Adv Study works as if you were having full initiation, and so do PrCs.
>>
>>50374042
>Cursed Razor
>Not that one undead discipline from the vampire book
>Hungering Something
Come on senpai you know its dank. Black Seraph represents the fiendish side of evil, the deathly side gets the discipline whos name escapes me.
>>
>>50374483
it's called Unquiet Grave.
>>
Could you use Interplanetary teleport to travel to other systems?
>>
>>50374534
There is no moving to other systems.
You can't escape Pathfinder.
>>
SARENRAE, IOMEDAE OR RA for rise of the runelords for a glory(heroism)/sun cleric?
Also the bonuses to channel to harm undead don't work when using alignment channel do they?
>>
What program were people using to take two-page screenshots of a pdf?
Thanks heaps.
>>
>>50374833
Photoshop
>>
>>50371946
Wyvaran Strix Syrinx some Aasimar and some Tieflings
>>
>>50374603

I'd aim for either RA or SARENRAE, depending on the character - that is to say, only go for Ra if you're playing an Osirioni Cleric.
>>
>>50374603
>>50375462

Oh, forgot to mention! You know who is also a Sun God and has heroism? Shizuru, the Tien goddess of the Sun and Samurai.

She is also LITERALLY Amaterasu in the same was Daikitsu is Literally Inari.
>>
>>50372826

I like how those robes still have the price tag.
>>
>>50373444

All it would take is one person applying with an older, possibly married (or widowed) woman with a kid or three!
>>
Got bored, wrote this.

The clinking of metal rings on top of a staff filled the ears of passers by as the massive robed figure strode through town. An extremely long pony tail bobbed and weaved dangerously close to the stamped dirt roads of Sandpoint. the figure's face was obscured by a downturned wide brimmed hat. They stood before the door of the favorite town in. With a deep breath the person walked in. a tiny bell rang as the door opened.

"Welcome! I'll be right with you" Ameiko sang out from some unseen room. The Inn was moderately busy, the dinnertime rush had since ended. The figure could only recognize a few of them.

"Take your time" The voice was deep, but feminine. She took off her hat and held it underneath her arm. A few of the patrons squinted or sneered as the woman reviled her fiendish traits of red skin, curved horns, unnatural eyes and long teeth.

Ameiko rounded the corner to the main lobby and stopped dead in her tracks. She was wide eyed and mouth agape.

"Come one sis, I don't look that weird"

"Onryou!!" Ameiko sprinted headlong into her sister. The large tiefling scooped up her older sister in a giant bear hug. "When did you get here!? I thought you were in Jalameray!"

"My training is done!" Onryou dropped her sister onto the ground , "I'm ordained now."

"I'm glad! However, that doesn't change the fact that i'm mad at you!" Ameiko's cheeks puffed out.

"W-what? Why!?"

"You got too tall! I was the giant of the two of us! And what the hell are these!?" Ameiko's hands flew to Onryou's chest, Something bulged around the older sister's fingers nearly enveloping her hands. "What'd you do? Shake down the Bosom Brownie? Or did you shove some Djinn in the dirt till he granted your wish to become half minotar?"

"S-sis stop it! That just sort of happened."

"Stop feigning ignorance you will tell me your secrets! But that can wait, My sister is home! A round of drinks for everyone!!"
>>
>>50376094
That was cringey.
>>
>>50376094
Congratulations, you some how got me drinking earlier on Thanksgiving than my relatives ever could. And it's not even noon too! Give yourself a pat on the back, anon.
>>
Good morning /pfg/ today I will remind you you that I'm running a Mummy's Mask game set to take off in time for the holidays, 3 and a half weeks or so, get in and apply.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1816336/dwc2Sg
>>
How compatible are 3.5 disciplines with PoW?
There's some absolutely amazing shit out there for 3.5.
>>
>crafting is ass in PF
>ranged sneak attacks are ass
I just want to Stealth Archer with a bit of magic
>>
File: not awoo.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not awoo.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>Our GM wants is going to run Wrath of the Righteous because he wants to play a good guy saving the world campaign

Are there ways to not get Stumped by the Trump(etting)?
>>
>>50376604
Play a LN Asmodean Advocate and lawyer your way through it.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/asmodean-advocate-cleric-archetype
>>
>>50376604
Warn the DM of a really stupid out-of-character moment in Book 5 that they should alter.
>>
>>50376604

Warn him the first book is made by the writer that ruined the Baldur's Gate expansion and gets kind of preachy, and the fifth book has a terrible depiction of a major deity.

Blammo, like 80% of the story problems for WotR have been fixed.
>>
Consider the following immensely retarded idea:
>Magus archetype that loses the spellcasting class feature, keeps cantrips, and gains a way bigger Arcane Pool that doubles as an inspirarion pool
>Becomes Cha-based, with 6+Int skills/level and more class skills
>Gets Pool Strike for free, overall gets more Magus arcana, with a fuckton of Arcana that are totally unique to it so it still has some of the utility of spells, several based off pool strike
>Can choose to do the whole spell combat/spellstrike schtick with just Pool Strike
>U N H I N D E R E D S H I E L D
>inb4 "just use spheres"

In hindsight, this would likely be better as a Vigilante Archetype
>>
>>50376834
Forgot to add that the spell combat/strike pool strike gimmick would be done without spending any resources, but you could spend points to improve the pool strike (damage, AoE, status effects, etc)
>>
>>50372625
>innocent character with the smokin' body.
>not playing a damaged sociopath that is unattractive, but still has a decent personality and genuinely wants to help people
Then again, I've probably been reading too much Worm.

>>50372726
Think of most any STEM field that doesn't revolve around computers, an Alchemist can do it
>>
>>50376604
Take the Infiltrator Archetype for Inquisitor, worship Asmodeus, be LE, and watch as you're still better at this whole hero thing then, like, 90% of the NPC.
>>
>>50376728
Which writer was this? And how did they ruin the BG expansion?
>>
>>50376936
>>not playing a damaged sociopath that is unattractive, but still has a decent personality and genuinely wants to help people
Those words, all mean the opposite of what you said.
>>
>>50376936

>Damaged sociopath
>Has a decent personality and wants to help people

Isn't "they don't have a genuine personality" one of the hallmarks of a sociopath?

Also, no offense, everyone and their mother tends to go for either suave and handsome or ugly with a heart of gold. When's the last time you've seen a genuine pure cinnamon bun with a huge pair of buns?
>>
>>50376953
>>50376971
Hey, I just tried my best to describe Taylor Hebert. I mean, she tries to be a good person and help people, but she's still essentially a violent and heavyhanded criminal who can't trust people and doesn't exactly have her morals completely straight anymore.

How would you try to describe her? Or am I the only one in thread who has read Worm?
>>
>>50376951

Amber "I don't care what the players want, I'm proudly using this as a vessel for diversity" Scott.

She ruined the expansion by writing a boring story while butchering the characters for their "problematic" personalities by giving them "more modern" ones. The expansion was also a mess of code, but that was just one side of why it was a shit sandwich.

The problems she included into WotR are a focus on the absurdly long and sappy romance between Anevia (a transwoman) and her lesbian girlfriend half-Orc Hero of the Crusade Irabeth. The Templars are a clear stand-in for "religion sucks" and the resistance group or whatever they're called are obnoxious scrappy underdogs for diversity. The villainous Dwarf is written like he was literally oppressed by the cishet assholes and the second couple you meet is a gay black man trying to cure his twink lover of heroin addiction.

It's such a mess of rainbow diversity you kind of lose sight on the fact this is a FUCKING CRUSADE.
>>
What are some level 1-3 spells that give a bonus to AC that stack with armor and shields?
>>
>>50377034
Nobody cares.
>>
>>50377044
Arcane or divine? Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, anything with a deflection bonus.
>>
>>50377034
That's fucking based af.
>>
>>50377053

The guy asked about Amber Scott and I gave him an answer, she's a shitty writer who only gets work in niche industries because nobody with half a brain cell would let her within 100 feet of their building.
>>
>>50377034
Sounds awful. Take Identity politics out of my game pls.

What's wrong with Book5?
>>
>>50377080
>Shield of Faith
This is pretty good!

I'm just looking to stock up on cheap, useful potions.
>>
>>50377110
It's only identity politics because people hate the fact that gay and trans characters are "shoved" into their faces for simply existing.

Also book 5 ruined a deity by having them go from LG to a torturer gameshow host.
>>
>>50377110

Iomedae shows up and gives the party, by this point practically demigods, a mission to rescue her lame-ass herald from a non-threat. She gives the party a pop quiz and any non-answer or wrong answer is punished with violent trumpeting that might kill the party.

In my opinion it's not as bad as people say it is, most characters will go along with the quiz or have the skills to answer. The problem is it's stupid and handled poorly, making a divine encounter feel like anything but.
>>
>>50371675
If they can qualify for them, they can take them.
>>
>>50377110

Not that anon but a LG deity acts out of character for being a LG deity. It also potentially punishes players for being an alignment other than good. The example given is any LE character would want the Worldwound closed. Not just good ones.

You basically are taken to stand before Iomedae and quizzed. Wrong answers or answers she doesnt like results in a trumpeting which does a decent amount of damage. Disagreeing with this results in more trumpeting. Assaulting her results in permanent alignment shifts and getting dumped into the worldwound.

Basically, you are trying to help her out and she wants to make sure you are worthy before you can continue but you just wanna kill demons, but she is on a power trip at the moment. The whole encounter is clunky, out of character, and overall bleh.
>>
>>50377140

People don't want their first book for a Crusade AP to be populated entirely by gays and trans people.

Deal with it, this kind of "shut up and smile, shitlord" attitude is why Trump won.
>>
>>50377191
Yes, literally people are complaining that there are non-straight characters. Thank you for agreeing.
>>
>>50377140
No-one(well, almost no-one) complains just because LGBTQFV people are included in a story. People only complain when they're shoved to their faces via terrible writing.

So the real problem is the bad writing, trans and gay characters just highlight the issue.
>>
>>50377212

Yeah, and I'm saying because people are complaining it might be a good idea to actually change the things they're upset about.

As I said before, fucking deal with it that people would rather not have this schlock thrown in their Crusade campaign.
>>
>>50377212
Why does their sexuality matter for the plot?

Hint: It shouldn't.
>>
Why is Heavyload Belt so expensive?
Permanent Ant Haul for 2000gp seems like a complete scam.
>>
>>50377254

But anon! If their sexuality does not matter than why are you shitlords complaining about them being non-binary?
>>
Small question, what's my role in the team? I'm playing a monk and compared to the barbarian I have less AC, less HPs, less DPR and the same number of skills. What's my role? I thought I was supposed to be more defensive, but he has more AC and HPs.

I only win on Reflex saves, because even in Will he has as much as me when he rages.
>>
>>50377271
>non-binary
Stop appropriating words, shitlord. Trans and gay people are both binary.
>>
>>50377302
To make other players feel better about themselves.

But seriously, monks suck(save for a few specific archetypes), especially if you're not using the unchained version.
>>
File: e95af9f701b04991868a5ce29fe49d77.jpg (152KB, 1111x1393px) Image search: [Google]
e95af9f701b04991868a5ce29fe49d77.jpg
152KB, 1111x1393px
>>
>>50377187

This might be a heretical statement, but the only thing I really hated out of that encounter was Iomedae asking if redemption is possible for everyone and you get punished if you answer "yes."

After Book 4 was entirely about meeting Arueshalae and helping her overcome her succubus nature.
>>
>>50377320
I'm using the unchained version
>>
I got Chug (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/kobold-press/general-feats---3rd-party---kobold-press/chug)
What 1st level potions should I stock up on?
I'm a level 5 Warder.
I'm thinking of Enlarge Person + Expeditious Retreat.
I would get Protection from Evil but it's likely a lot of enemies will be neutral.
>>
>>50377044
Barkskin
>>
>>50377414

That was my complaint too. I was waifuing hard on her with my character and for the encounter to run like that was bleh.
>>
>>50377044
Ironskin
>>
>>50377254
For the plot, maybe not at all. But gender and sexuality do matter for the characters. Whether they're straight and cis and gay and trans. It's funny that "Sexuality shouldn't matter!" is only ever brought up when characters aren't straight.
>>
How much should I tie my RotJR character to the caravan NPCs? I didn't really want to be a Sandpoint resident, but it seems that theres no other option to give your character a reason to be involved with the main quest.
>>
>>50377574
Remember, the game starts with Burnt Offerings. That could give you a reason to stick around.
>>
>>50377625
So it'd be fine if over the course of Burnt Offerings, I come to want to protect the party's smiles and will travel to far off lands for that purpose?
>>
>>50377574
>but it seems that theres no other option to give your character a reason to be involved with the main quest.

Did you even bother to look at the Campaign traits and see there's literally one called "Outlander" for Rise of the Runelords? Aka, you're some schmuck that went to see the Swallowtail Festival and the grand opening of the church?

Also it's kind of important to be a resident or have some sort of tie to Sandpoint, this is like going into an exploration game as a pencil-pushing accountant and emitting a low E flat bitch-moan whenever you're not writing in triplicate.
>>
>>50377663

There's a 4 year timeskip between Burnt Offerings and Rise of the Runelords, which is enough time for your character to go back to caravaneering, settling in Sandpoint and becoming close friends with the gorup or starting a family with another PC or NPC.

By the time Brinewall Legacy rolls around you should have reasons to protect those smiles, or follow those smiles to the end of the Earth.
>>
>>50377664
I only looked at the Jade Regent campaign traits since the majority of the campaign was that AP. Could I use the campaign traits as a story element without taking them?
>>
I read Apollo and Midnighter # 1 out of curiosity, there were 3 pages, of gay sex, pages, not panels, and I was less offended by that than even the backstories of the characters in WotR.
>>
>>50377704
>Could I use the campaign traits as a story element without taking them?

Of course! You just won't be getting a mechanical benefit from them.

Big buff Caravan men are pretty top-shelf anyway, make him a tall swarthy Taldan and you'll be turning legs into jelly wherever you go.
>>
>>50377420
You're supposed to be an agile (useless in combat) mobile (only if you picked flying kick) combatant, so, unless you pick flying kick you're going to be worse than the barbarian in every relevant aspect.
>>
What would you count as "vigorous activity" for the purposes of Keep Watch?
The example is "fighting" so I think anything less than that would be fine, no?
I'm thinking about spending most nights under the effects of Keep Watch while doing simple exercises like curls, push-ups, squats, etc. at a slow, relaxed pace. What do you guys think? Is that too much?
>>
>>50377743
I might go with the outlander/caravan guard angle then, seeing as I'd have to rework large portions of the backstory to fit into sandpoint other ways.

But she's a lithe fluffy tail Korvosan paladin, not a big buff man.

Could I still turn legs to jelly?
>>
>>50377791
Slow relaxed pace should probably be fine.
>>
File: ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>50377687
>tfw realizing that, by the time Jade Regent starts, you character will be in his 30's

That shit really does creep up on you, I thought I could get away from it in my games of pretend
>>
>>50377797

>Will I still be turning legs into jelly?

Quite the opposite, depending on how ample her Charisma or hefty her Constitution is, but what's a Kitsune doing in Korvosa anyway?

>>50377825

Dude, I'm having the same problem, Casimir is going to suffer from the rules for Middle Age at this rate, I might have to ask the DM if I can get him some of that Andro Salve or whatever Crystal wrote up on her blog.
>>
>>50377687
>There's a 4 year timeskip
That's assuming the GM isn't just going to go straight to the Brinewall Legacy after Burnt Offerings/ or fusing them.
>>
>>50377853
Thankfully my character will still be many, many years away from hitting Middle Age penalties during the game. It's still weird to think about, even if the timeskip does get passed over to keep campaign flow.

I'm pretty sure the fluffy tail is the awoo, not a kitsune, but I might be wrong.
>>
>>50377853
Dude you could always ask to just not take the penalty and not benefit from the mental boost.
>>
>>50377853
My thought was that she was going to be in Sandpoint to see the new temple as a Shelyn follower, and using that as an excuse to start traveling around the world to follow her mentor's footsteps.

Its the awoo kind of fluffy tail though. And she's probably not particularly great looking since her charisma and con bonuses cancel each other out.
>>
Fucking hell I hate Paizo's writing for APs. CoCT is massively dependent on a situation regarding the king, that seemingly no one ever thought to identify with a skill check or divination, just keep doing things that don't work over and over. And then when the party is at a level to fix t, they get told No, just because, invalidating the rules of the spell that should have worked.

Learn how your own goddamn system works you fucking shit guzzlers.
>>
>>50377975
Wasn't CotCT made very early in 3.x life? Like they completely didn't know what they were doing and were still using blaster casters and cure preparing clerics?
>>
>>50378001
Are you implying that Paizo knows what they're doing now?
>>
>>50378033
They've gotten a bit better. I mean, look at their 2/3 casters compared to their core monk.
>>
>>50378033
Clearly not, or they would have at least fixed a few of the more glaring flaws. Stuff that would have still been blatantly poor writing back in 2e, because the skills and spells in question have been around forever.
>>
>>50377975
They tried and failed?
>>
>>50378049
>I mean, look at their 2/3 casters compared to their core monk.
You mean like core bard?
>>
>>50377957
>Dude you could always ask to just not take the penalty and not benefit from the mental boost.

True enough, I figure it's a question I'll need to ask when January rolls around.

Though I'm kind of digging the thought of using herbal supplements to keep this guy in prime condition for Jade Regent!
>>
>>50378065
Yep, none of the other ones. Just the bard.
>>
>>50378063
Paizo probably didn't try

If you mean NPCs, they had a lot of time and people to try lots of things over again. And this being about their king they really should have. Even then, the full "can't do that" sucks for players later on.
>>
>>50378095
Casters being better than non-casters sounds like Pathfinder from day 0. If you seriously want to argue that Paizo has gotten better at their own game, you should try pointing at Vigilante and Swashbuckler.
>>
File: 1404025019996.png (109KB, 414x426px) Image search: [Google]
1404025019996.png
109KB, 414x426px
>>50378083
>herbal supplements
>prime condition
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>50377777
Get of truth, but check this sick dub
>>
So our party is:

An elf that had their family killed by demons and goes into a frothing rage when they're mentioned. He's also trying to get his magical stones back.
An intelligent sword that was made by said elf, which gets stronger as it kills shit and also hates demons. Was made when said elf shoved the blade into a demon and killed it, turning the blade into a demonweapon that doesn't know it's a demonweapon.
A summoner that uses power armor and whose family was also killed by demons and hates the fuck out of demons. His power armor is stolen demon technology that he uses to murder demons.

First session is the party going into the abyss and killing all demons they can find after saving a village from an attack of demons.

On a scale of 1 to Doomguy, how do you think this will go?
>>
>>50378122
>Casters being better than non-casters sounds like Pathfinder from day 0.
You mean the entire edition, right? That's been an issue since 2000. Probably before as well. Certainly is an issue in 5e
>>
>>50377975
Can you spoiler the situation in particular? I'm curious.
>>
>>50378175
>Certainly is an issue in 5e
Sure, though the difference isn't as significative as in 3.PF
>>
>>50378161
Ripandtear/10
>>
File: this is me.jpg (88KB, 552x798px) Image search: [Google]
this is me.jpg
88KB, 552x798px
>>50378161
And kill your girlfriends, just to be sure they're not succubusses.
>>
File: 1449085469030.gif (431KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449085469030.gif
431KB, 640x360px
>>50378083

Shame the stuff only lasts for 1d4 hours, I guess he'll just have to smear the stuff on if he needs to do some vigorous activity.
>>
>>50378178
The queen murdered the king with a poison that imitates the effectof leprosy. Spells to cure disease had no effect, but you would think that one of the royal clerics might try to identify it after that failed by either skill or one of the divinations they have by that level, then cure him with new info. Later, the king cannot be resurrected because his soul is judged faster than any other, despite the spell functioning to bring back those gone for years
>>
>>50378279
That's dumb

Is there even any handwaving as to why his soul was judged? Did he sell his soul or something, or is it just lazy writing?
>>
File: Rosen Nice.gif (962KB, 320x260px) Image search: [Google]
Rosen Nice.gif
962KB, 320x260px
>open the rules Q&A thread
>switching an initiator to Cha for no cost is on the table
>Charismatic, RIP AND TEAR, battleshifter Dragondude is completely possible now

How does /pfg/ feel about STRONK half elves
>>
>>50378175
We're talking about Paizo here, not WotC.
>>
>>50378305
Just lazy.
>>
>>50378320
And they have gotten better. Not everything is better, no, but they certainly have gotten better.
>>
What's /pfg/'s opinion on Roku?

I tweaked the class a bit, from bushi brutal slayer to PsyArm/WarSoul (working towards Awakened Blade), and now I'm about to get to expanding the backstory a bit.

As an aside, I'm wondering what disciplines to focus on beyond Silver Crane/Scarlet Throne/Primal Fury. I'd like to use Mithral Current for its counters and strikes but I'm not sure it's worth the investment.
>>
>>50378279
Couldn't they have just used an Iron Circlet of Guarded Souls? That's the easiest way to prevent someone from being resurrected.
>>
>>50378313

>Switching an initiator to Charisma for no cost is on the table
>Zweihander Sentinel can be keyed off Charisma now

W-what?
>>
>>50376213
Oh man that looks neato. I've never played mummy's mask can someone give me a rub down on what kind of campaign it is?
>>
>>50373337
I got you covered senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejUcnpwNDLs
>>
>>50378438
Patently false. DM reserves the right to allow it, and I doubt he'll allow Cha ZS
>>
I have a question about the Vigilante archetype for Stalker.

>The vigilante cannot select investigator talents which augment alchemy, nor can he select stalker arts which require a ki pool to function.

Can they still take a power like Alacrity, which has a passive function, but also a bonus if you spend a ki point on it?

>Alacrity (Ex): A stalker's land speed is faster than the norm for his race, gaining a +10-ft. enhancement bonus to his base speed and he may add his Wisdom modifier to Acrobatics checks, due to his nimble and finely honed body. The stalker enjoys this benefit only when he is wearing no armor or light armor, not using a shield, and not carrying a medium or heavy load. [As a swift action, the character may spend a point of ki to pour extra speed to his step to increase this bonus from 10-ft. to an additional 30-ft. for one minute, but he is fatigued afterward for 1d4 minutes as he catches his breath.]
>>
>>50378417
Every king should be wearing one anyway.
>>
>>50378453
Honestly, it's quite a bit of dungeon crawling in pyramids and some KANGZposting.
>>
>>50378417
Would have been a decent change for the updated AP, but they didn't. Just that the queen gets in the way and the soul of the king gets to skip the judgment line. Remember, pharasma knows who people will try to raise and holds them back until their proper time!
>>
>>50378474
Ah I was hoping its be intrigue in not!egyptian slums.
>>
>>50378409

Honestly? It's pretty munchkined, even by the standards of RotJR. Warded Against Nature basically screams "I'm a soulless min-maxer."

The backstory doesn't really have much to it beyond "am mercenary." So, it could definitely use an overhaul.
>>
>>50378482
Couldn't she have just fed his soul to a daemon rather easily with her resources? His soul is worth quite a bit.
>>
>>50378470
Why not?
>>
>>50378496
What about Ricktor in his current iteration. I'm want him a bit weird and creepy but apparently I'm still way over people's tolerance levels.
>>
>>50378496
Big scary giant scares animals doesn't jive well for you?

As for the story, I'm not in for an overhaul. Just an expansion. Being a wandering mercenary with a conscience from a troubled land (which we'll return to eventually) works just fine for me in a sea of childhood friends and sisters.
>>
>>50378438
>>50378512
It's on the table, not 100% a possibility. The DM said he was going to be keeping his eye on things for abuse. Cha ZS probably isn't that out there, but considering how ZS is still one of the most ridiculous archetypes in PoW I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>50378498
Another fine solution not taken by the people who got paid for this shit. Isn't it great how quickly ideas thatactually work are getting posted, while Paizo didn't even try?
>>
>>50378496
How do you function as a mercenary when any caravan you're a part of freaks out because of your curse?
>>
>>50378542
He has to walk in the back. Or scout ahead. Pack animals are skittish as fuck.
>>
>>50378496
>>50378528
>Big scary giant scares animals
>one of the applicants is an animal

This can only end in comedy
>>
>>50378575
let go of the dog lenny
>>
>>50378533
So it's less that it's going to Cha, and more that it's a ZS.
>>
>>50378528
>Big scary giant scares animals doesn't jive well for you?

No, the fact that it has a major benefit, and a negligible downside is what doesn't jive with me.
>>
File: 1480009762406.jpg (642KB, 1532x1872px) Image search: [Google]
1480009762406.jpg
642KB, 1532x1872px
Is there a race of bat-people in Pathfinder, similar to pic related or am I better off homebrewing it?
>>
>>50378592
After all the shitposting involved with it, yea. It sucks, but it is what it is.
>>
>>50378516
Backstory-wise, I never really had a problem with the original one. I mean, sure, it was creepy and rapey, but adventuring doesn't attract nice people. I think, the problem has stemmed from the fact that handling that sort of obsessive relationship requires a certain degree of maturity and finesse on the part of the player. Given the initial backstory, many are doubting your ability (as a person) to not be a creeper. The problem with Ricktor isn't Ricktor, it's the person playing him.

Mechanically, it's dumb. In a game loosely-based around romance and shit, building a PC whose entire purpose is to be better than everyone else at romance (because you can rely on them to handle combat) feels like a massive "fuck you" to the rest of the party.
>>
>>50378605
>No, the fact that it has a major benefit, and a negligible downside is what doesn't jive with me
What qualifies as a "negligible" downside? Animals not approaching you willingly is a pretty big deal. But iirc there's a trait that makes animals prioritize attacking you.
>>
Would allowing a Gambler Kineticist to change all their shit from CON to Int/Wisdom/Charisma to emulate a "regular" psionic guy be a nerf or a buff?
>>
>>50378672
The character isn't just diplomacy. He is a fantastic skill monkey as well and can handle essentially any skill required. His diplomacy bonus is only slightly higher than anything else (+19 vs +15).

And he is a competent combatant who can contribute. He likely isn't the strongest combat monster but he doesn't just stand around with his thumbs up his ass.
>>
>>50378725
>The character isn't just diplomacy

I was here when you explained how to get a +55 or something on Diplo. Plus, it doesn't matter, when you've previously stated that the entire reason the character was built was to max Diplo.
>>
Are druids and clerics as broken as in D&D?
>>
If you hit the floor directly under yourself with a 15 foot cone, what squares get affected? Just yours? 5 foot burst? 10 foot burst?
>>
>>50378766
No he can get +50 to any des to cha check once a day because he has a floating +36. The only difference between it and other skills is he has an additional +2 to diplomacy from a trait.
>>
>>50378778
Yes.
>>
>Complain that heavy armor is shit
>GM homebrews a trait that removes movement speed penalties from wearing armor
Uhhhhhhhhhh..?
I mean, I'll take it, but... Whew!
>>
>>50378674
>Animals not approaching you willingly is a pretty big deal.

It is, because it means that you're basically immune to any animal attacks. The skittishness can be overcome with a not terribly difficult handle animal check.

No other drawback makes you completely immune to a creature Type. That's why Warded is so fucking dumb.
>>
>>50378725
>>50378766
This. You fucked up when you decided to literally say you were going to start meme-ing people back.
>>
>>50378648
There's a bat heritage for skinwalkers, called Bloodmarked.
>>
>>50378791
Any dex or cha check. Dear lord phone posting is suffering.

And he actually doesn't have a lot of the stuff from that post now. Like the deific obedience to jack off god, or social grace. He has esoteric scholar instead so he can manage any knowledge checks needed.
>>
>>50378798
Animals are a weak-ass creature type that stops mattering at level 2.
>>
>>50378791
Sure?

You asked for my thoughts, I'm telling you what I've seen.
>>
>>50378809
Fair point. The built has changed significantly since then though. He can do all skills at a +50, not just diplomacy.
>>
>>50378791
>No he can get +50 to any des to cha check once a day because he has a floating +36
Listen to yourself for a moment.

Granted, I think people are just mad he made a high-op character.
>>
Do you guys reckon the Prehensile Tail racial would let me get stuff out of my Handy Haversack as a Swift action?
>>
>>50378814
Show me another "drawback" that provides a benefit.
>>
>>50378778
>Are druids and clerics as broken as in 3.5?
FTFY

Nearly. Druids are less broken since polymorphing is one of the few things Paizo managed to actually fix(well, more or less), so you can't play a druid that makes fighters cry while having 10 in all of your physical stats.
>>
>>50378836

Tongues.
>>
>>50378818
Yeah fair point. I asked and should be able to take the criticism. It's a bad showing on me for getting defensive. I'll take it into consideration. Thank you.
>>
File: WHr3tJa.png (46KB, 381x408px) Image search: [Google]
WHr3tJa.png
46KB, 381x408px
What kind of character would you make to fit the Cyphermage concept?
What kind of person goes around with a billion scrolls wasting his money like that?
>>
>>50378814
>he's never hunted mamoths
>>
>>50378836
Umbral Unmasking, if used properly.
>>
>>50378835
ask
>>
File: 1352246496493.jpg (7KB, 251x183px) Image search: [Google]
1352246496493.jpg
7KB, 251x183px
Well, since apparently we're shitting all over people's PCs.

Anyone got mean things to say about Corwin?

There's something about his backstory which bugs me, but I can't put my finger on it. Also, I haven't played a Warlord before, or used PoW:E content, so any advice people can give me would be appreciated.
>>
>>50378833
That's what I'm seeing. I have plenty of ways to just make him worse so that's fine. I think the main issue is he is too good of a skill monkey and other people are worried that they won't be able to do any skill he has invested in because he can out muscle them.

I think a big reason for that is the amulet and nature's divination the two big floating +10s. I should get rid of that and change it to dark tapestry as I had planned earlier.

Without those his max floating bonus becomes +16 using luck, legalistic and city spirit. And he becomes a more narrow character relying on dex and cha skills.

Plus luck is split between all d20 rolls not just skills so he doesn't get to use it that many times.
>>
>>50378839
That's an Oracle Curse, not a drawback; dipshit.
>>
What's the best ranged weapon to pack for a STR build?
I don't intend to use it much, but I want to make sure I can do something against flying enemies or enemies I can't otherwise get to in a reasonable amount of time.
Composite Longbow?
Throwing axes or somethin'?
Help me out here, please.
>>
>>50378904
Either Chakram or Composite Longbow.
>>
just throwing it out there, I'm original Rokuposter and i'm not involved in this traits argument

and I just want animals to be scared of me, god damn
>>
>>50378919
Then ask the dm to fluff it that way. Scared animals can still attack.
>>
>>50378883
Do you all think that is enough of a nerf? I'm not sure how much more would keep the character viable in combat because to a degree I need inexplicable luck in combat.
>>
>>50378919
The trait thing was mostly just an aside.

The main problem with the character is the damage output, tankiness, etc. There's not really a way to challenge your PC without making the other (posted) DPS characters irrelevant.
>>
>>50378858

Give us the skinny on Corwin and we'll roast him alive, anon~!

Wait, isn't Corwin the character who's claim to fame is solely "na na na na boo boo, I fucked Ameiko before you?"
>>
>>50378992
It's really difficult to balance honestly when there are so many people in such a wide range of optimization levels.
>>
>>50378992

Speaking of irrelevancy and overpoweredness, which characters would you say are balanced? Are there any that need work or toning down?
>>
>>50379002
Yeah and he fucked her when she was like 14.
>>
>>50376207
>>50376211

This was the intended reaction.
>>
>>50378471
pls respond
>>
>>50379024
Yeah this would help. I'm realizing I have a serious issue in that I don't really have a good idea of what is "too optimized" any longer.
>>
>>50379025
That's just creepy.
>>
>>50379002
He's the stoner who went off to war, and came back with scars and mental trauma. Mostly just drinking himself to death, because he's got nowhere to go, but he can't relate to anyone in his hometown.
>>
>>50379041
And he's supposed to be like 40 right?
>>
>>50379064
He's 24.
>>
>>50379064
>>
>>50379041
>>50379025

To be fair, it doesn't sound unbelievable for a character like Ameiko to get her cherry popped at 14, she's an impulsive lovely young woman with an irreverence to authority and serious daddy issues.
>>
>>50379076
Maybe people just don't want to hear about pedos getting their jollies off.
>>
>>50379076
Goddammit no.

I'm the guy playing Corwin, I don't know how this got started.
>>
>>50379071

So, what you're saying is he fucked a 14 year old girl when he was 20?
>>
>>50379091
Didn't you literally say you fucked Ameiko when you were teenagers a few threads ago.
>>
>>50379106
Nope.
>>
Please roast Onryou, She needs to be bullied.
>>
>>50379099
Most of the backstories invovling Ameiko seem to assume she's in her 20's.
>the sisters are both 18 in 20, and are described as being younger
>Omza is 24
>Corin is 24
>Ricktor is also 20 something
>>
File: 1479621807022.jpg (112KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479621807022.jpg
112KB, 724x720px
>>50379115
>>
>>50379088
So what's worse? The pedophile or the stalker?
>>
>>50379127
Everyone in /pfg/
>>
>>50379114
So that was someone else just memeing your character.
>>
>>50379124
She's 22 in JR, right? I think everyone's been assuming no major time difference between the JR part and the RotRL part.
>>
>>50379136
I think we might be memeing too hard.
>>
>>50379136
Apparently.

Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>50379115

Onryou feels like one of those characters in a harem anime. You know the one, the huge-breasted virgin that's absurdly ignorant about how badly people want to fuck her.

She is a character I would want to see in an ERP, spitroasted by a pair of half-giants, her personality does not seem too existent for a campaign like RotJR.
>>
>>50379115

She has smelly breath, and is fat.
>>
>>50372290
or get someone to cast mage armor on you.
>>
>>50379161
RotJR might be an ERP if everyone wants it to be though, that's the thing.
>>
How do save bonuses work against Shadow Illusions?

For example: if you have a bonus on saves against fire damage for some reason, and you get hit by a Shadow Evocation mimicking Fireball, do you apply your save bonus on the Reflex save, or does it not apply because it's not real fire?

Conversely, if you have a bonus on saves against illusions, would you apply that bonus to your reflex save?
>>
I'm thinking about making a brawler-esque character that specializes in using underhanded tactics to win fights.

Any advice on how I can make it somewhat decent?
>>
>>50379161
As I've said before

I would pay for someone to writefaggot that
>>
>>50372374
Yes. With the recent feat options from the X master handbook fighters can get big numbers.

But teleport, charm, and divination aren't big number abilities.
>>
>>50379184
That new Ratfolk Fighter archetype?
>>
>>50379161

I have noted in a previous thread that i need to come up with a motivation for adventure that's outside of familial attachment to the "main character."

Just having issues figuring out what that is. Probably something to do with the six years of monk training she did in Vudra.

>>50379186
You want it? I can do it. I'm out of practice though.
>>
>>50379186

Pay for someone to commission it instead.
>>
File: DaS Sweating Knight.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DaS Sweating Knight.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>Realize I could take two traditions and skip taking the trait for one of the disciplines I wanted
>this frees me up to take a much more interesting trait, and saves on the headache of squeezing in the Additional Traits feat
>I would have to switch from NG to CG for the second tradition, Cagebreakeers
>this is not that big an issue in and of itself, as the tradition itself fits the eclectic nature of the character
>but then I would be Chaotic Good, the most memed alignment in pathfinder

Makin' difficult choices here famalams.
>>
>>50379206
You got a link to that archetype?
>>
>>50379221
>literally caring about how "memed" an alignment is
>not just making a cool character
>sacrificing original character design for minor mechanical fuckery
>>
File: 1471564362867.png (56KB, 354x432px) Image search: [Google]
1471564362867.png
56KB, 354x432px
>Making a level 6 character
>Realizing Perception is just 6 as it's not a class skill and the character has 10 WIS
>No trait slots left
>>
>>50379315
Pick a different skill. Other party members will have perception anyways.
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339KB, 710x508px
>>50379212
>Just having issues figuring out what that is. Probably something to do with the six years of monk training she did in Vudra.

Anon, let me spell this out for you.

(JADE REGENT SPOILERS INCOMING)

The Jade Regent is supported by a group of Oni Generals called The Five Storms. Onryou is an Oni-Blooded Tiefling. Not saying an Amatatsu fucked an Oni, but their mere presence in a region, causes planar fuckery which could include slipping a bit of fiendish cancer in some Amatatsu DNA.

Go for that angle, say she gets a strong pleasant tingle at the thought of going to Minkai (where her kin dwell) and the closer she gets to Minkai the stronger her Oni-blood manifests itself in compulsions for sex, violence and gluttony.
>>
I love Roku's fight initiation, it's some pro-wrestler shit.

first rd: move action summon 15 ghost katana while standard action expansion
looks like: Roku slams his feet into the ground, one after another, huffs, and punches his right fist into his open left palm. Swords appear in a dazzling array, slowly revolving around him, as he grows twice as large.

second round: move action distill blade
He moves his hands apart, and a huge katana generates from the hilt-up, out of the palm of his left hand. He finishes off with the two main fingers on his left hand sliding across the side of the tip of the blade.
>>
>>50379348
I already know vauge stuff about the five storms. And her whole deal is trying to get her demonic urges under control, that's the whole reason she was set up with her Master in the first place.
>>
Monkey Fish gives you a 10 foot climb and swim speed.
Does that mean you gain the +8 bonus to climb and swim from having a listed speed, or is that bonus only from innate, racial speeds?
>>
File: MMIFunction.png (386KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
MMIFunction.png
386KB, 500x481px
>>50379267
>sacrificing original character design
>when the net "loss" amounts to changing an N to a C on the character sheet and having to skim a tradition so I don't accidentally break an oath
>and the gain is making the mechanics themselves better match up with the character in question

I'm not sure I follow, anon. Alignment isn't particularly important anyway.
>>
File: WorldMap.jpg (354KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap.jpg
354KB, 1333x900px
>>50379348
>>50379212

Oh, and Vudra is a TERRIBLE place to have her stay for monk training; do you know where Vudra is? Observe pic related.

There are monasteries dedicated to monkery in Taldor *and* the Land of the Linnorm Kings. If you want an idea on some motivation to head north, say the Frozen Shadows (the antagonists of Book 2) killed your Sensei and you're kind of salty about that, or you went to Taldor for six years and burned out your anger on cheap romance novels and dating cute Taldan guys (who are canonically obsessed with the whole "princely romance" thing.) Heck, why not say that's where she got her adorable standards for a partner? And yeah, this would mean she probably isn't a virgin, but who cares? She was going through puberty at that time and would obviously be subject to quite a few wandering eyes.
>>
Should I use Craft (Food), Profession (Chef) or Perform (Cooking)?
I just want to be able to whip up delicious campsite meals but I'm not sure which skill governs that.
>>
How much AC should I have before I stop worrying about it? I'm making a tanky warpriest.
>>
Now that I think about it I'm really skeeved out by halfling/hobbit feet.
>>
>>50379514
Ask your DM.
>>
>>50379454
>>50379391

I want to add a quick addendum; if you are dead set on getting your character's shapely ass to Vudra and learn how to hit things really good there, I'd goddamn *emphasize* how important that journey was for your character. She would have become more than just a calm, collected young woman from this journey, she'd be downright worldly.

You dedicated maybe two sentences for a journey that is about as significant as the journey from Sandpoint to Minkai, and that's kind of messed up.

>>50379514

Profession (Chef), Craft is for specific meals and Perform is for Iron Chef-style fuckery with the knives to look cool.
>>
>>50379514
>I just want to be able to whip up delicious campsite meals but I'm not sure which skill governs that.

Literally every time a "party must make a delicious meal for the party" segment shows up in the AP, they ask for Profession (Cook.)
>>
>>50379515
20 + level is the objective.
>>
>>50379454

Well there was an idea where i rolled up her Sensei's backstory. Where he basically was prepping for some huge disaster in the future.

I had the idea where she was basically his cohort for a while.traveling every which way. I chose Vudra because that was a Major center of Irori worship. That said, I think i could just have it be a sort of Pub Crawl for Monk Monasteries in the inner sea an have her Sensei be born in Vudra.
>>
>>50379551
Thanks. What about saves?
>>
>>50379565
As high as you can get them, with Fort and Will being higher priorities. There's no real answer for that.
>>
>>50379604
Yea, but at certain point the opportunity cost gets out of hand. Like...at what point could I upgrade my sword over my cloak?
>>
>>50379565
15 + level/2 is where you reach the point that you probably don't even need to roll.
>>
File: 1397507311836.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1397507311836.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
>>50379563
>That said, I think i could just have it be a sort of Pub Crawl for Monk Monasteries in the inner sea an have her Sensei be born in Vudra.

Dude, I can't emphasize enough how much better that is for the character; she's a Master of Many Styles, yeah? How do you think she LEARNED all those styles? Every Monastery teaches a different way of Monking, and she went to them ALL.

She's a genetic FREAK that went busting down other people's Dojos just to learn their secrets.

FUCK, now she's making me think of Garou from One Punch Man.
>>
>>50379653

>Don't hide them from me
>Your techniques, show them to me!

>>50379627
Idk, I try to budget my characters like, 30-40% offense, 30% defense, 20% utility, rest is whatever
>>
>>50379563
Go to the Land of the Linnorm Kings. Hang out with hunky barbarians, and learn to punch primal dragons.
>>
>>50379653
>>50379690

>She's a genetic FREAK that went busting down other people's Dojos just to learn their secrets.

"Do you want to be mesmerized by the physical phenomenon?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JJHA0YIOEM
>>
>>50379653
She's Raoh
>>
>>50371753
Well I've done it. I'm made Ricktor Watt, now at lower op.

http://pastebin.com/HE88Nn7k

He is now a Dark Tapestry Oracle, thus losing Nature's Divination. I also got rid of the Knowledge Amulet (may upgrade amulet to it later, but it would be up for debate).

He gained Cloak of Darkness. Which means he doesn't wear armor and is instead cloaked in darkness.

Dark Tapestry fits his overall flavor better as well. Darkness, Luck, Slums are the main things his class features liken themselves to.

I think this is a step in a positive direction.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (28KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
28KB, 439x480px
>>50379653
>>50379690
>>50379765
>>50379772

>She's a genetic FREAK that went busting down other people's Dojos just to learn their secrets.

>mfw her Sensei was actually kind of an asshole
>mfw the DM includes a segment where we fight Sensei
>mfw Sensei trained Onryou *wrong*, adding tiny flaws in her technique

>mfw Sensei is Master Li from Jade Empire
>>
>>50371637
Hey /pfg/ how do these interact?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/i/inevitable-strike
Standard to give yourself +20 to the next attack
&
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/network-power-metapsionic
This one

Can I give +20 insight to all my allies attack rolls for 5 PP each round?
>>
>>50379814
For the implications of this his maximum floating bonus is now +16 if he blows everything. However he needs the +8s and +4 for combat and thus likely will only use his other +4 for skills.
>>
File: Citan2.png (381KB, 618x976px) Image search: [Google]
Citan2.png
381KB, 618x976px
>>50379836

Apparently he's been likened to this guy.

He was born in the gutter to a poor family then suddenly a relative died an he became super rich. Afterwords he begain to commune with spirits to learn martial arts, using a technique he learned from a drifting exile. And lied to dear friend in order to become an ordained priest of Irori.

He's constantly worried about some calamity that will happen in the future.
>>
>>50379836
OH FUCK!

her sensei can ignore half her wisdom to AC Score. Specifically the half from her monk class features. She still has divine protection, but he can see through her physical defenses.

I'm super invested now!! Pic related is about what he looks like.
>>
New thread!!

>>50380101
>>50380101
>>50380101
>>50380101
Thread posts: 427
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.