[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 415
Thread images: 105

File: lich_by_kekse0719-d39y25p.jpg (130KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
lich_by_kekse0719-d39y25p.jpg
130KB, 900x600px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Is necromancy inherently evil in your campaign? Have you had experiences with fellow PCs using necromancy, for good or for evil?

/pfg/ pastebin: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU
Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50359808
>>
>>50366206
I've never felt right with 'inherently evil'

It should always be 'this is evil because X', not just 'this is evil'
>>
>>50366206
No necromancy isn't inherently evil in my game, it is frowned upon but it's not illegal, undead commonly replace slavery in my campaigns.
>>
File: 1416311695727.jpg (81KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1416311695727.jpg
81KB, 500x600px
>>50366077

I'll be DMing my first campaign on Sunday, anyone have any advice or anything? Should I use a premade campaign, or should I come up with my own? I'd like to eventually work it into a larger campaign once everyone in my group becomes a little more familiar with Pathfinder.

Also, is it possible to play without a mat/grid/whatever? I'm ordering one, but there's no way it's gonna get here by the time I play.
>>
>>50366206
Necromancy to speak with the dead, raise the mindless as servants, and to give a shadow of life are not evil in my campaign; using Necromancy to damage a creature's soul or to create thinking undead is though.
>>
>>50366404
just have fun with it, be prepared for players to do crazy shit.

Playing without a grid isn't hard to do but once combat comes into play just kind of clear some space on the table and use whatever is available paper wise.
>>
>>50366404
It's possible to play without a playmate/grid/whatever, as long as you don't enter any combat. It relies pretty heavily on moving 5ft here and 30ft there and whatnot.

Cheap alternative is drawing a grid on a paper, and using figurines of some sort.
>>
>>50366419
>>50366434

Yeah, I was planning on using paper for combat, or at least trying to.

Does the lack of a visual aid take away from the experience at all? It'll probably be light on the roleplaying to start since none of my players have ever done it before, so I'm a little concerned that things might be boring for them without it.
>>
>>50366450
It's less the visual aid and more mechanical assistance, but it shouldn't hurt too bad.

A bit of paper with a grid drawn on it will probably do fine.

Or if you wanna be fancy, some large-scale grid paper.
>>
"greater good" is rhetoric and thus irrelevant in alignment discussions
>>
>>50366450
The visuals don't matter. As long everything goes smoothly on the mechanical side, it should be fine.
Combat will get boring if you don't role-play it/describe it will though.
>>
>>50366516
I need visuals because relative positioning him a battlefield with as many as 15 indivuals is important in my opinion. Walls, objects, creatures, and light sources play a role.
>>
>>50366527
Meant visuals as in a pretty playmat, actual high-quality figurines, etc.
>>
Still looking for Wrath of the River King.
>>
File: b0040388_58267f80a8110.jpg (65KB, 750x477px) Image search: [Google]
b0040388_58267f80a8110.jpg
65KB, 750x477px
Could you guys help me for a second? I'm making a Synth Summoner, and need some feedback on the background.

Ok, so in this homebrew setting, long time ago an elder race fought off the Far Realm's invaders - aberrations - and sealed them off in vaults they constructed.

The elder race made a contract with a certain race of outsider to guard the vaults. So each vault is guarded by an outsider. When a ward breaches the outsider would come down to his vault and seal the aberration again.

However, the aberration was too fast/too strong than he imagined and the outsider got seriously wounded - even to the point he couldn't sustain his form in material plane. It would take too long to go back to his native plane to recover, and he will be fucked for breaching the contract.

So, my questions are...
- What kind/race of outsider would fit this background? Doesn't need to be a good outsider.
- What kind of a pact would fit to make the outsider an eidolon? I mean, IIRC the Synth Eidolon does not have an ego of its own, and the summoner just 'wears' its body. So what should my PC offer and offered back?
>>
>>50366777
Synth Summoner eiodolan has its own ego.
>>
>>50366777
Aren't those the kind of questions you should be asking your GM rather than a bunch of random people on the internet?
>>
>>50364591
Alright, let's give in to some degeneracy. A bit late, since I only saw the post a little while ago.

Not my favorite character per-say, but certainly the one that Corwin would have the most interesting chemistry with.

Corwin drained the mug of ale and called for another. He could feel their eyes on him, muttering, judging. The clothes, the scars, the sword, they all weighed on him; physical reminder of the choice he'd made. He'd imagined returning as a celebrity, decked in gold and furs, bearing stories of heroism. Instead the people seemed to avoid him, almost fear him. Ameiko and her siblings had been happy to see him, of course, but as the days turned to weeks, their hospitality was wearing thin.

He drained another ale. Things weren't going back to the way they were.

Corwin was roused by the sound of someone pulling out the stool on his right. She was pale, and dark haired, intricately carved jewelry clinked as she took a seat. Corwin remember seeing her around years ago, back before... before he made the worst mistake of his life; but he couldn't remember her name. "People have been saying there's a vicious barbarian in town, you may want to be careful around strange men in bars."

She laughed a high pitched, and slightly off kilter laugh. "Thanks for the concern. Now, it's only fair, that I warn you of the evil witch who slays men with her mind. Be wary."

He grinned, and offered a hand. "Corwin Brin, vicious barbarian."

CowinXAnja, strangest couple AR 4617

She shook his hand. "Anja Spitszen, evil witch."

The two laughed and talked long into the night; for the first time in a long while Corwin felt normal. Things wouldn't be the same, but maybe they'd be better.
>>
>>50366961
Ah goddammit, fucked up the formatting.
>>
Who here plans on their character having a crush on NToRacle if you're in the same party? I like the idea of NTRing Ameiko and stealing him away.
>>
File: Anja.jpg (21KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
Anja.jpg
21KB, 451x600px
>>50366961
As Anja's player, this fairly well fits how she is.

It's also kinda surprising that Anja is evidently one of the better submissions. But, then, I've always been my own worst critic. Is there anything in particular that stands out about her?
>>
File: 1451186549766.jpg (121KB, 850x695px) Image search: [Google]
1451186549766.jpg
121KB, 850x695px
I think I have a fundamental problem /pfg/ and my party is becoming concerned.

So I've become somewhat enamored with making Oracles of late. While I didn't notice at first the rest of my table has noticed I keep making them have backstories and curses that seem a bit too 'edgy' or 'depressing'.

For example making a half-elf Oracle that grew up in a small town and coming to love the forests outside the town limits, only to find one night it was set ablaze by careless adventurers. They begged the gods for some way to deal with the fire, and in that moment a powerful gust of unnatural wind sucked up all of the fire and ash and infused it into their arms. This was the basis for their mystery, Wind, and the Blackened curse.

I dunno I just feel off when my characters aren't suffering, or have to atone for something, or have some kind of painful reason to go adventuring. I've tried in the past to just make a character that seeks the 'thrill of adventure' and be positive but it just doesn't come natural to me. It feels wrong playing a character like that.

What can I do to improve, /pfg/ ?
>>
>+X to Will against fear effects
>"Lol look at these 1001 features that don't allow you to roll save like intimidate"
Thanks obama
>>
>>50366206
>Is necromancy inherently evil in your campaign? Have you had experiences with fellow PCs using necromancy, for good or for evil?

I dont like necromancy as inherently evil. It changes some things around with how certain undead interact but that is the way things are. I like to play necromancers, and not just the raise an army kind. It is by far my favorite school of magic. I usually play a neutral type and sometimes dabble in good and evil.

I like the ideas of nations using skeletons for manual labor and what not. Hollowfaust is one of my favorite books on this.
>>
>>50366206
stop making duplicate threads just to protest the other one you fucking cunt, this is how they get banned from the board.

This is like the third time you've done this in less than a week.
>>
>>50367239
It wouldn't be so bad if people would stop fucking splitting between the threads and keeping them both bumped
>>
File: 1479141146762m.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479141146762m.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
R8 my homebrew turtle race I just made in a few minutes

+2 Constitution +2 Wisdom -2 Dexterity
+2 Natural Armor
Medium
20 speed
20 swim speed
2 1d3 claw attacks or 1d6 bite attack.
If hit by a killing blow, may make a Reflex save with a DC equal to the attack roll, if successful, may retreat into shell, providing DR 15/Adamantium and +4 natural armor, but the only action they may take is leaving the shell(a move action)
When fighting defensively, gain extra +1 AC.
>>
Well, RIP old thread
>>50366191
>>50366191
>>50366191
>>
Aaaand the other thread is dead. That's a shame. At least it had something cute in the OP.
>>
>>50367288

Get fucked furfags. Yiff in hell.
>>
>>50367247
I don't much like the blatant fetishbait / ERP OP's either, but making another thread (and keeping it bumped) just to protest them is even worse form. Thats how /pfg/ will end up getting banned from board.
>>
>>50367347
That's what I mean, though. The second threads wouldn't be so annoying if people stopped bumping them. All the second thread does is stop any interesting topics from forming because the threads are now just shitposting about how they're "the right one".
>>
>>50367274
Killing Blow or a blow that would otherwise knock it unconscious?
>>
>>50367375
There are exactly two people in this thread bitching about how there are/were two threads because the first one was shit. Everyone else is staying on topic.
>>
>>50367325
>kemonomimi
>furry
Get out and crawl back to your 40k gutter.
>>
>>50367410

Go back to your ERP thread. Oh wait.
>>
so gotta ask, is NToRacle just dead weight in combat? How does he expect to actually get accepted?
>>
File: bardbarian.png (630KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bardbarian.png
630KB, 600x800px
>>50367145
I've always believed that normal, mentally balanced individuals don't become adventurers; and those that do, don't remain healthy for very long.

For me, Anja hit the right balance of mentally scarred and well-defined personality, without being overly fetish bait-y. Plus the similarities between her and Corwin made their contrasting personality traits "pop" a bit more, and made potential romance a bit more interesting
>>
>>50367425
He's a fullcaster. they're dead weight at level one, but even poorly optimized ones can end encounters at level 7.
>>
>>50367402
You're right, that does need clarification.

If knocked into negative HP by an attack they are aware of and they are not flatfooted, may make a Reflex save with a DC equal to the attack roll, if successful they may retreat into shell, providing DR 15/Adamantium and +4 natural armor, but the only action they may take is leaving the shell(a move action)

Would 5+Character level be a better amount of DR?
>>
>>50367437
He's also a 6 level initiator.
>>
>>50366961
>4617
>Literally one hundred years ago.
>Fucking bards.
>>
File: Railhead.jpg (102KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Railhead.jpg
102KB, 1024x768px
>>50366469
Well, depending on what you play it can also be a political ideology or even a 'faction'...
>>
>>50367450
Hey, don't blame me. I didn't have enough ranks to put a point in Knowledge History.
>>
>>50367434
Makes sense. For Corwin, he'd probably have to be the one to make the first move on Anja, but he's got a leg up in that he's got two things she really likes - beards, and muscle.

As far as having killed people before, she honestly wouldn't care, and might even enjoy some of the more horrible war stories. I don't know if anybody's actually noticed her alignment yet.
>>
>>50367437
Actually level 2-4 spells where it's hard, especially for Oracles with their shit spell list. Level 5 is where is gets easier.
>>
>>50366930

Speaking of inversions of typical backstories, I really like how Casimir starts the campaign with his story "over." He's done. Retired. He could spend the rest of his life as an Artisan and still have a lifetime of stories from his time as a swordlord.

I also like the handling of his wife's death, if that's something to note. Most characters become Determinators when a loved one dies, ever vigilant to figure out ways to either improve themselves or bring justice to their lost ones. Casimir sort of treats it like we would treat a senseless tragedy - he mourns, he grieves, and then... Well, life goes on.
>>
So has this thread gotten the Curse of the Crimson Throne anniversary edition yet? It's not in either trove, but I thought I'd check.
>>
>>50367487
AR to CE is -2700. IC to AR is -2500. IC to CE is -5200. Which means that the current year on Golarion is 4716. Though the current year on Earth in the Pathfinder universe is 95 years earlier, so it's 1921 there.
>>
>>50367446
I'd go with 5 or 10 max. DR/Adamantine is nothing to sneeze at on its own, and this would be the best source of it in the game.
>>
>>50367587
The thing is, often when you are hit into negative HP it's way more than -5, especially at higher levels when you could easily be hit into -45 or -50.
>>
>>50367151
Have you considered writing up only slightly dysfunctional (no one's perfectly normal that becomes an adventurer)?

>Get raised by loving - if somewhat absentminded - crafter/sage type parents
>Actually have tons of anecdotes (and then the party *never asked*) from growing up with them that helps put insight into the various skills you started with, because honestly, who the fuck has knowledge:planar and engineering at level 1 and *didn't* at least get it from someone or somewhere?
>They helped you pay for a good university or find a good apprenticeship, so that you'd have the best chances out there
>Your decision to hunt dragons and giant robots for money and materials suddenly became quite convincing after you explained to them you'd be hanging out with people that can literally produce miracles and raise the dead so that in some ways it's a lot safer than many other jobs out there
>You feel kinda guilty when you haven't visited in a few months
>Although you dread them asking 'which one is your girlfriend' yet again.
>>
Is there ways for non Paladins to take vows and gain benefits for it?
>>
>>50367670
Martial Traditions generally include vows with benefits, but that's the only way I know of, and it's 3pp.

No matter the implications, for the record, the PoW devs have gone on record saying you don't need to be an initiator to take part in martial traditions.
>>
>>50367670

Is there a way for paladins to take vows and gain benefits for it?
>>
>>50367151
You have to realize two things. One, pain doesn't make someone interesting. Two, you can be an oddball without having suffered.

Take my character, I've talked about them before. They're autistic. Have trouble with metaphors, worships a dead god, obsessive about cataloguing wildlife, to the point where they'll start documenting animal's features mid battle. You know why they went adventuring? Their parents disowned them for being an Arodaboo, so they had to find some way to make money.

>>50367670
Monks take vows. Paladins take oaths, and no, because paladin oaths modify paladin class features. They're basically archetypes.
>>
>>50367587
DR/Adamantine basically means that by the time it reaches 5 or 10 it no longer works, because you're facing weapons that are
A) Adamantine
B) +5
C) Both
D) All of the above?!?!?

DR: /- or bust.
>>
>>50367651
I thought about a character having a huge debt as the motivation for adventuring. No idea if that means you'd be at negative WBL or if it's just a story thing
>>
>>50367518
Huh, anyone, please?
>>
>>50367651
I'm going to be honest and say no, I've not ever really thought of that. I mean I usually come up with reasons for skills, but coming up with reasons for their relations to be on good terms with their family or past is usually a headache. These are excellent ideas though, and I appreciate it. I kind of like the 'which one is your girlfriend' bit since I tend to play high charisma characters especially since I tend not to play straight characters so the question would be 'who is your boyfriend?' and my character, being a girl, would promptly point to one of the only other 1-2 female characters in the party.

>>50367702
>Cataloging wildlife mid battle
That's adorable.
So if pain doesn't make someone interesting, then what would be some tips you could give me to make overcoming pain and hardship from ones past interesting?
>>
>>50367490
>For Corwin, he'd probably have to be the one to make the first move on Anja

He probably would. Given that the only people in Sandpoint who don't hate/fear him are the Kaijitsu kids (who Corwin kinda as the siblings he never had, and would never make a move on), and, now, Anja
>>
>>50367770
At the very least, they have one thing in common; orphans, having grown up without a mother, and their fathers dead.
>>
>>50367765
The important thing is not to brood. Pain in your past helps because it changes who you are in the present. How does that pain change his motivation? Is he an ecoterrorist, out to protect nature at any cost? Does he refuse to use fire because he fears another forest will be burnt? What you can't do is say "I got burnt, so now I'm gonna mope about being burnt."
>>
>>50367702
Our characters would get along

>Starts discussing target material composition and crafting potential after scanning the thing mid-battle
>Is utterly flabbergasted by any relationship more complicated than "they're happy" but will still try to give advice anyways
>Overdesigns all his work because you never know when that full plate will need to land on Mars
>Is looking for dead gods (to stripmine them)
>>
>>50367840
>Pain in your past helps because it changes who you are in the present.

Exactly, this is the thing people don't seem to understand. Don't be a mopey, don't be depressed, don't be angsty. No one wants to listen to you whinge and moan.
>>
File: Helmet.jpg (103KB, 1018x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Helmet.jpg
103KB, 1018x1024px
Jonas (lastname) is an aspiring hero, donning his plate mail and helm at night to take down the criminals of Sandpoint and beyond. He was born to a Shaonti tribe, and knew nothing beyond his simple life until one day they were destroyed by a group of settlers seeking to "civilize" the area. Most of his tribe was enslaved, he spent his adolescent years in slavery, until a law was passed outlawing slavery and he was released. He quickly built a group of other freed slaves and started a mine. The mine proved extremely profitable, and he rose to be equivalent to a minor noble. His workers were treated as little more than the slaves they had been however, and were not paid quite so well as he was. He found out of a strike they planned, and quickly sold the mine and left the town, finding Sandpoint to be sufficiently far and nice. Now he realizes the error of his past ways and wants to save people, but fears that his wealth would be endangered and thus, wears his armor when doing his heroic acts. In his social identity, he is happy go lucky and fun loving, not having a care in the world other than enjoying life and his gold but in his vigilante identity he is serious, rarely speaking except to roar at his foes.

Thoughts? He is a Faceless Enforcer (Vigilante archetype)/Warlord, will be using Eternal Guardian maneuvers (Because Black Seraph is just too evil, which sucks), an earth breaker to lay down the pain and doing a bit of intimidation during combat. I'll be taking the Bred for War and Extremely Fashionable traits, and the Avarice drawback. If we are using the good version of Heirloom Weapon I'll take that, but if not I'll just take Reactionary or something.
>>
what is the cyphergate?
>>
Forgot to mention, I need a last name for him.
Also hot damn I just realized that's a nice long back story.
>>
>>50367925
>Bred for War and Extremely Fashionable

I fucking love you. As for his name, might want to change it now that he's Shoanti. I'll grab some names to try if you want.
>>
>>50366206
How game breaking would it be if I houseruled that movement counts down like a meter and you can break it up between actions?

So a character who has 30ft of movement can move 10ft make one of its actions and move the rest of the 20ft somewhere else afterwards. The rules for opportunity attacks would remain the same so if a player moves in to attack and tries to step back they'd still have to risk getting it.

Aside from movement everything else would remain the same.
>>
>>50367941
>>50367925
>Accidentally didn't reply
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>50367941

I've seen bigger, but why is there slavery in Varisia when that's not a nation with slaves? Shoanti are firmly established natives and I can't see people just forcefully colonizing them.

As for last names, I'd go for something that complements Jonas, either Brennan or Callahan feel like natural fits.
>>
File: PZO1021.jpg (317KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1021.jpg
317KB, 780x1000px
>>50367747
I was asking to gauge whether it'd be worth dropping the link. No point if I'm 3 days behind the curve. Seems like not, though.

https://mega.nz/#F!nE0hGIRL!gOFNKfhyFfoLeuJEWzl51g!PVEk3ZzR
>>
>>50367949
It's not his real name, he changed it when he moved towns
>>50367966
It isn't nation wide slavery, it was just in this frontier town. Brennan really does flow, I think I'll go with that.
>>
>>50367765
No see that's the problem.
>coming up with reasons for their relations with their family to be on good terms

With most parents, that's the default. Most parents love their kids and want them to have a good life. Yes they're annoying, yes they're nosy, but they *do* wanna do right by you. Granted we're here in a general where a lot of people are doing some serious escapism from their lives, so the proportion of folks in here who had it fucked up might be higher, but still, overall, you gotta remember that "good terms with your family" is usually basic.

This is especially true if you're a non-noble living in harsher climes and times: For most people on Golarion children are their retirement mealticket, their hope for the future, their legacy, and keeping them fed and finding them a good spouse is the entire fucking reason they've been working so hard for so long. It's an evolutionary trait.

So the sheer number of "orphaned and abused" characters on here sometimes makes one wonder just how many emo preteens are pretending they're 18.
>>
>>50367998
Fair enough. If you need to justify slavers, remember that Varisia borders the Hold of Belkzen, which is always CE orcs.
>>
>>50367916
Which is why NToRacle is good now. His motivation is self improvement.
>>
>>50367988
Thank you
>>
File: DunMesh Marc awake.png (55KB, 301x346px) Image search: [Google]
DunMesh Marc awake.png
55KB, 301x346px
>>50368006
>mfw this is the first time I've made a character and completely forgotten to think about any kind of familial bonds

FUCK, I'M DOING IT AGAIN.
>>
>>50367951
You mean like how movement should have functioned in the first place? it will render a few shitty feats useless, but other than that that seems like a good houserule.
>>
>>50367941

I like Isendere for his last name. Have you thought about his alter-egos name?
>>
>>50368055
>render a few shitty feats useless
>not "remove the need for pointless, shitty feat taxes"
>>
>>50368066
Same thing really.
>Point blank shot
I fucking hate you paizo, just know this.
>>
>>50367816
Oh hey, this guy again.
>>
>>50368020
I was going for more of a "the *British redcoats equivalent* came and took the natives culture, smashed it and them and then built a little town", Orcs could be good though.
>>50368060
Isendere sounds too much like an anime girl type to be honest, like tsundere or something, I think I'll go with Isendare though.
I was thinking he wouldn't name himself, he would just go nameless or accept whatever name was given to him by the townsfolk. Is he too much like a Hellknight? I hope not.
>>50368081
>Point blank shot
I've always given my players this for free, because holy shit that's retarded.
>>
>>50368108
Fuck, I totally forgot about the Order of the Nail.
http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Nail
Entire point is to subjugate native cultures.
>>
>>50368055
Pretty much. My group tried 5e but after coming from 3.5 we didn't like how few character creation options there were. The one thing we really liked was the movement rule but we think 5e's attack of opportunity rules are retarded when someone can run laps around an enemy can't do anything unless it leaves it's attack radius.

I just thought I'd ask about the house rule in case there was an exploitable thing I didn't think about.
>>
File: 1467782707765.png (520KB, 717x562px) Image search: [Google]
1467782707765.png
520KB, 717x562px
>>50368006
>Be in party
>At least one (maybe two) characters want to kill their mother
>Pretty sure no one else even knows who their father is, one has literally described his mother as being a whore
>The other half of the party was abandoned too young to remember
>Everyone just *stares* after they ask you where you learned that trick and you tell them your parents taught you
How is this my fault?
>>
>>50368108
>Isendare

I like that one better. Townsfolk names are okay but it puts the DM on the spot to name you and you might not like that. If he wants to distinguish himself he can go by (Adjective)knight instead to set him apart from the Order of the Nail, something that puts down savages iirc. Or something like (color)(noun/adjective). Maybe something to reflect his new identity, The Redeemed.
>>
>>50368154
I'm tempted to have him revert to his old self become one of these eventually.
>>50368223
I feel like him naming himself wouldn't really fit his style though, and I like the idea of being a nameless knightly hero. If the GM makes me name him though I'll go with something that will show his new outlook though, I do like The Redeemed.
Also, all the good art has heroes with either no helmet at all or the helmet off God damn it.
>>
>>50368197

This post is too raw, I've been there too much.
>>
favorite story feat?
>>
>>50368295
>Also, all the good art has heroes with either no helmet at all or the helmet off God damn it.

Here try my GDrive. It has tons of art. I know I have helmeted heavy armor types.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBVU12SWp0MTJSWTA?usp=sharing
>>
>>50368295

I got just what you need, Senpai.

Look up Faraam Armor, look for dat art.
>>
>>50367105

>tfw nobody will have a crush on your character
>>
>browser crashes while editing a mythweavers sheet, but thankfully I save obsessively
>forget that when it does this, it opens up the sheet as it originally was and I have to refresh the page to get the actual version
>fuck up and undo half an hour's worth of edits

FUCK
>>
Does anyone like Ameiko? I played JR for a bit, but couldn't get to like her. And the scenario forced me & other players to like her despite her bing a bitch, even to the point of being a love interest.

And why the hell do PCs have to follow her all the way to Japan? And make her an empress? God JP failed to give me enough motivation to do that for her.
>>
File: 1479710249498.jpg (77KB, 546x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1479710249498.jpg
77KB, 546x1034px
>>50368365
>>50368380
/pfg/ is always the best, thanks guys. Here's the art I was considering making a character of at first.
>>
>>50368419
The very nature of Adventure Paths are Railroady.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 236x341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 236x341px
Looking for possible character art of Ricktor Watt. What do people think of this? I think it fits what I was going for but is a bit too old.
>>
>>50368419

Your mileage will always vary, my DM did a very fine job making her an extremely sympathetic and lovable character.

The PCs follow her because they're made Amatatsu Scions, but the real reason is because it's a fucking campaign built around helping her reclaim the throne and if you can't even gather enough of a fuck to figure out why than leave the goddamn table.
>>
>>50368429
I can follow the railroad, but god please sell me enough motivation to do so.
>>
>>50368449

So a younger version of that? Or something specific?
>>
Is Warlord's Unbreakable Gambit on d20pfsrd incorrectly worded? It says that to work the effect must me harmless on a failed save? Shouldn't it be that to work it has to not be harmless on a failed save?
>>
>>50368507
That image is almost right. The character is 22, the guy in the pic looks closer to 25. I'm having a hard time finding scruffy rogues that don't look edgy.
>>
File: Dragoon.jpg (277KB, 1264x924px) Image search: [Google]
Dragoon.jpg
277KB, 1264x924px
Can we talk about dragoons again?

Piercing thunder seems like a really good school to work with to try and do them, but I don't like how late the 'immunity to fall damage' comes online despite it being a level 1 spell effect.

Are there any feats that allow you to do jumping charges?

Cause all I'm turning up for feats is :

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/rite-publishing/combat-feats---3rd-party---rite-publishing/leaping-charge-combat

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/sean-k-reynolds-games/combat-feats---3rd-party---sean-k-reynolds-games/leaping-strike-combat

I'd also maybe like to mix in leaping evasion.
>>
File: invite.jpg (63KB, 430x294px) Image search: [Google]
invite.jpg
63KB, 430x294px
>>50368394
you just have to put in some effort
>>
>>50368453
>leave the table
Or get a better gm
Or even better don't do adventure paths with terribly written characters.
>>
File: 1340162694662.jpg (95KB, 500x1329px) Image search: [Google]
1340162694662.jpg
95KB, 500x1329px
>>50368525
>I'm having a hard time finding scruffy rogues that don't look edgy

I think I have two that might fit the bill.
>>
Kyon-kun, denwa!
>>
File: Male rogue happy.jpg (197KB, 799x990px) Image search: [Google]
Male rogue happy.jpg
197KB, 799x990px
>>50368568
>>50368525
>>
>>50368562

I put in a lot of effort!
>>
Anyone have the hookup on the Villain Codex yet or is it still being scrubbed?
>>
>>50368586
I like this one but I'm looking for poorer looking/scruffier. I'll just keep searching.
>>
>>50368525

Ooh! Ooh! I've got a character!
>>
>>50368625

Hmm. All I can recommend is to look though my link here >>50368365
>>
>>50368616
Who's your character? Maybe there's a shy anon with a crush.
>>
File: uVfj2he.jpg (40KB, 318x417px) Image search: [Google]
uVfj2he.jpg
40KB, 318x417px
>>50368629
>>50368625

How handsome do you want them, senpai?
>>
>>50368535
>Are there any feats that allow you to do jumping charges
I'd just fluff Spring Attack

Though, if 3pp is allowed, Piercing Thunder Discipline from PoW has a lot of charge options, and is essentially "Lancer/Spearman, The Discipline"
>>
File: IMG_0292.png (126KB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0292.png
126KB, 320x384px
>Playing necromancer who,while mostly focuses on debuffs, makes undead
>Gm allows me to take a 3.5 feat that, if the undead is corporeal and equal to or lesser than my cha mod(6) they don't count against the total max of controlled undead
Any suggestions on what kind of undead to mass produce that can be useful at 6hd? We decided to use the "horde template" if I create enough but for the time being, which would you all say is the best?
>>
>>50368687
>classic case of didn't read the fucking post
>>
>>50368675
Not terribly so. Admittedly he is a 18 charisma physically fit indivual. Does anyone have that image of the rogue dressed in rags spinning a knife?
>>
>>50368691
Anything incorporeal can solo more than half of what you're dealing with at that level. As such, shadows.

If that's too cheesy, I recommend taking a shitload of orc skeletons and giving them slings
>>
>>50368586
Is that Yusuf?
>>
How intelligent are skeletons without a necromancer nearby, /pfg/?

I have a new GM who is insisting because they can use weapons and know how to open doors, he's running them optimally (he uses the best positioning available, and they spread out in response to AOE attacks)
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>50368669
>Who's your character?

Oh well now I feel like an attention whore for posting in the first place, it's Casimir.

>tfw I know he'd be totally into Razmiran Priestess if and when she gets posted.
>>
>>50368691
>horde template
Please tell me it's not the Troop subtype, if your group has something better I'd love to get details.
>>
File: IMG_0303.jpg (96KB, 584x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0303.jpg
96KB, 584x750px
>>50368716
Can't do incorporeal for this, though shadows are fun irregardless, I do like the orc skeleton idea, though where I could find a ton is tricky, any other suggestions, of a skeletal nature?
>>50368737
They can use weapons, though not very efficiently, as for opening doors or that other stuff, ehhhh probably not unless one of them is intelligent and commanding the others nonverbally
>>
>>50368715

>Not terribly so
>He's 18 Charisma and physically fit

Dude your character is supposed to be gorgeous, either Calvin Kline Catalogue-tier or the type of thug you just wanna BE with, you know?
>>
>>50368737

Depends. If necromancy is inherently evil, Skeletons and other mindless undead usually seek out the nearest source of life and destroy it in the most straight forward of tactics then continue searching in a spiral pattern from there on out.

If necromancy is neutral and mindless undead have nothing directing them they should just kinda stand/lay there unless attacked or another undead is attacked near them, then they swarm in straight forward tactics.

They should be simple but effective.
>>
>>50368737
They will mindless attempt to destroy all life. They are mindless but have wisdom. Profession (Soldier) is wisdom based to know how to position themselves. As in profession (locksmith) to know how doors work.
>>
>>50368792
>Skills: A skeleton loses all skill ranks possessed by the base creature and gains none of its own.

And profession is trained only.
>>
>>50368763
Only thing that I could find was http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/zombie/zombie-horde-fgg and we just worked off that for other undead, such as a skeleton horde, or a horde of shadows and so on.
>>
>>50368803
Well there you go.
>>
>>50368781
It doesn't depend on the necromancer's alignment. All undead will mindlessly attempt to destroy all life they can find. Most undead if non directed however won't wander.
>>
>>50368687
>>50368695
Yep. Totally didnt read the post.

I just want something that at the minimum says "you can make an acrobatics check to jump in place of regular movement as part of an attack or charge action". With the result of check being standard jump height shit.

Then I just want to collect some shit for jumping, like the ninja's ability to always function as though they were running for jumping checks, and their halving(quartering? with high jumper) the DC's for jumping past level 10. With the added ability of acrobatics master trick to burn a point of ki for +20 to an acrobatics check.

Basically gives you 1ft of height for every +1 you have to acrobatic, or uh 2ft of distance for every +1 to acrobatics.
>>
>>50368827
Yeah he's being a power gaming, cheating little shit, undead, unless otherwise noted, without an int score will just mindlessly attack, with no real pattern or plan. This is coming from a necromancer player who's made sure of this shit.
>>
>>50368778
I suppose.
>>
>>50368748
If it makes you feel better, it came down to a coinflip between him and Anja for Corwin.
>>
>>50368852
I found a source in 3.5 from the Tome of Necromancy that undead do not understand how to open doors and if someone goes around a corner, they will search at that last known location.

Is there a similar source in Pathfinder?
>>
>>50368827

>60 skeles and 2 Glabrezu

Was the DM just tired of DMing?

>>50368833

>neutral, mindless things which are little better than objects, with no primal drives to do anything will do anything on their own.

Yeah, nah. Notice I specifically mention how necromancy is treated by the GM.
>>
>>50368873

I remember seeing that you can hide behind a sheet from a group of skeles as long as they dont specifically have LoS to you. Kinda funny really.
>>
>>50368873
Pathfinder, as with many topics, is vauge on the subject, probably out the laziness or the writing staff, but that's a good source if any, the one you have.
>>
>>50368737
Skeletons are mindless automatons. They do not have an intelligence score.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/skeleton-medium

Skeletons have no skill points or feats.

Because they do not have intelligence scores they have *no* instincts. Wisdom allows them to operate off of a simple sort of 'programming' (which defaults to 'kill everything they recognize as alive' around them when not 'programmed') but because they have no intelligence, they will not position optimally or spread out in response to AoE's.

Even insects have some intelligence that causes them to react to stimuli like pain - skeletons don't even have this so they'll just swarm without any direction.
>>
>>50368889
Was that in a module? Do you know which one it was?
>>
File: Ileosa.png (5MB, 1598x2090px) Image search: [Google]
Ileosa.png
5MB, 1598x2090px
Why does Ileosa look like some anime teenager here?
>>
>>50368944

Probably because she *was* some anime teenager in that image? She got possessed by the big bad dragon when she was young.

If anything that image does a better job of capturing Ileosa's appearance than earlier works.
>>
Forrrrreeessssst!

Details on Betrothed and Dungeon Lord archetypes for the Avowed! I'll even take a teaser or inspiration comment, I just wanna knoooowwww!
>>
>>50368873

The only Tome of Necromancy from 3.5 I remember was someones Homebrew. Which appears to be dead now as it just redirects to Wizards homepage.

>>50368934

Either Libris Mortis or Heroes of Horror. Or the dead Tome of Necromancy I mentioned above.
>>
Does anyone know of any archetypes third party or otherwise that make a Spirutalist INT based? Alternatively how about a way to get a spiritualists phantom in an INT class?
>>
>>50369001

Found it.

http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Tome_of_Necromancy_(3.5e_Sourcebook)
>>
Lilin 2.1!

>Minkai samurai dad, Tianese Aasimar mom
>poor farm girl, sings with mom and sword fights with dad
>dad goes broke, douche samurai duels him
>wins, goes in for the killing blow, Lilin runs in and blocks it
>knows she can't hold up, starts singing
>visiting daimyo hears, intervenes and stops the duel
>takes Lilin away to train and sing for him
>it's Sitsuka Senna
>she sees how the samurai in Minkai are corrupt
>devotes herself to fight against that, yeah paladins
>ten years later, she's 18 now
>daimyo proposes to her but she knows he's capital e Evil
>gets a night to decide, runs off in the middle of the night
>hitchhikes to Avistan, wanders alone through Varisia
>shows up broke and sick in Sandpoint with only her nodachi
>Koya heals her, she starts working for Sandru
>keeps her story a secret out of shame
>still wants to go back to Minkai and be a samurai

Long form here.
http://pastebin.com/FYJVExzJ
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (200KB, 350x394px) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
200KB, 350x394px
>>50369169
>>
>>50369169

Hope you char gets picked anom.
I'd say don't get your hopes up, but it looks a little to late for that.
>>
>>50369350
Who do you think are the most likely?
>>
>>50369169
Honestly that's a pretty good story, if me and you get picked our characters would fit well together and maybe even kiss?
>>
>>50366206

Anyone have any good Prestige classes for Brawler? (I am open to 3.5, PF, and 3pp options)
>>
>>50369390
If you want to muck about with Initiating, Dragon Fury is pretty based.
>>
File: snek.png (338KB, 1855x1255px) Image search: [Google]
snek.png
338KB, 1855x1255px
>>50369350
Don't worry anon! My hopes are never up!

>>50369378
Well that depends who your character is. I've tried to make her adaptable. And Bardadins are P U R E!

>>50369255
>>
>>50368992
Patpatpat
>>
File: 1442802751735.gif (1MB, 540x320px) Image search: [Google]
1442802751735.gif
1MB, 540x320px
>>50369418

>Don't worry anon! My hopes are never up!

Oh don't say that, anon! You've made a great character we want to see fight, explore and fall in love.

Pure cinnamon buns that sing, dance and wield the elements only deserve the highest forms of adorable romance!
>>
File: 1477531516593.jpg (17KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
1477531516593.jpg
17KB, 236x353px
>>50369418
my character is the Faceless Enforcer posted above, he'll hold her hand someday
>>
File: 1475084999596.jpg (34KB, 337x352px) Image search: [Google]
1475084999596.jpg
34KB, 337x352px
Why can't you fags take this circle jerk to the actual thread made for this shit?
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12KB, 251x206px) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12KB, 251x206px
>>50369480

Okay, I've got a question for you lads.

Has anyone here *actually* played a campaign set in Tian Xia? What about Casmaron?
>>
>>50369480

It was deleted.
>>
>>50369509
No, I mean in the actual waiting room.
>>
>>50369480
>Why do we circle jerk here?

Welcome to /pfg/ I see you're new, we circle jerk to everything. Because we enjoy it.
>>
>>50369507
We're currently in Tian Xia to find a party members baby mama.
>>
>>50369523
We're at each others throats most of the fucking time.
>>
>>50369526
One of them, anyways
>>
>>50369534
It's a very aggressive, kinky circle jerk.
>>
File: 1401283526298.jpg (88KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
1401283526298.jpg
88KB, 450x254px
>>50369526
>to find a party members baby mama.

Is the party member trying to take responsibility?
>>
>>50369169
Honestly, it's pretty Mary Sue-esque.

1. Age the character up by 7 years, at least. Having an 8 year old swear herself to a paladin code makes no goddamn sense.

2. The whole "this major evil guy is secretly in love with me" thing is really dumb. Get rid of it. She's got plenty of reason to leave without that.

3. How does a Paladin spend 10 years in the midst of this corrupt and evil government training program, and not get found out?

4. The trek from Minkai to Varisa is not an easy one, it takes the entire AP to follow, having your character do it in 2 sentences in the backstory seems to undermine the entire AP.
>>
>>50369566
It's a Gestalt game where people are trying to lewd at each other? Did you expect anything else?
>>
>>50369579
Yes.

Because believable characters make for the best lewds. No one gives a fuck about the struggles of the most perfect special snowflake to ever live.
>>
Was ANYTHING ever revealed about the Prophecies of Kalistrade?
>>
>>50369566
>8 year old swearing themselves to a moral code makes no sense
Have you ever seen any 8 year olds? Or watched any kids films/read kids fiction?

On the subject of the "major evil guy" its a fairly common trope for "local lord wants to fug" to cause someone to run away.

Yeah those last two seem pretty serious critiques tho. Its like adding someone to journey to the west who did bad stuff but never got punished and has also been to the west before.
>>
File: 1453223647344.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1453223647344.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
>>50369605

>He says this, in a campaign where all the submitted characters are unbelievable

You make an extremely good point, though, which is why I personally think the greatest doujins are ones featuring character combos that make sense and the encounter occurs in a way that does not violate the logic of the established setting.
>>
>>50369551
I think babydaddy is? One guy just seems to view children as an excuse for creating a giant combining mecha though, and the babydaddy's *other* babymama is travelling on their ship as well.

>>50369566
8 year olds aren't even old enough to start the proper training either, unless they're a Thri-Kreen but then they're nearing middle-age
>>
>>50369613
>Was ANYTHING ever revealed about the Prophecies of Kalistrade?

If you give me 50 gp I'll give you an answer.
>>
File: 935f65c5773830e3e8ed41b8a491fd51.jpg (707KB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
935f65c5773830e3e8ed41b8a491fd51.jpg
707KB, 1300x2000px
>>50369617
The loving couple ones are the hottest anyways.
>>
>>50369626
>8 year olds aren't even old enough to start the proper training
Actually, that's not true. in the times most fantasy games are meant to represent, a lot of children started training at around the age of 5. the earlier you start, the better things go.
>>
>>50369613
Here are the Prophecies of Kalistrade that i know of
>#35 Peace is good for business
>#34 War is good for business
>#208 Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.
>#98 Every man has his price
>>
File: 1477997895868.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477997895868.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>50369566
>1. Age the character up by 7 years, at least. Having an 8 year old swear herself to a paladin code makes no goddamn sense
Only adults can be serious about stuff? His character has to be a middle aged woman?
>2. The whole "this major evil guy is secretly in love with me" thing is really dumb. Get rid of it. She's got plenty of reason to leave without that.
It's a good part of the story.
>3. How does a Paladin spend 10 years in the midst of this corrupt and evil government training program, and not get found out?
Hurr durr Paladins are always Smite on Sight or they fall amidoinitright?
>4. The trek from Minkai to Varisa is not an easy one, it takes the entire AP to follow, having your character do it in 2 sentences in the backstory seems to undermine the entire AP.
So he has to spend a whole page describing her walking to Varisia? Nah, fuck off.

Honestly I feel like you're just angry and want to undermine peoples characters because you don't want people posting them here
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>>50369626
>>50369566

What's so awkward about having a character in their late 20s/early 30s anyway? She's in shape, she's got amazing (literally divine) genetics and she is *incapable* of suffering from disease. That girl is going to be as gorgeous at 35 as she is at 20.
>>
>>50369614
> Have you ever seen any 8 year olds? Or watched any kids films/read kids fiction?

Have you ever been around an 8 year old? Yes, I can understand her *wanting* to be the big pure hero, but actually being able to follow through on that commitment is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. Plus, the reasoning was "she sees the corruption around her." I think that's a bit beyond the capabilities of an 8 year old uneducated and illiterate farm girl. Making the character 14-16 makes a ton more sense.

> "local lord wants to fug" to cause someone to run away.

This is true, however the "local lord" in question is basically the second-in-command to the BBEG of the entire AP (at least going off the Tian book). If you're going to pull that trope, tying in what is likely a major antagonist reeks of special snowflake-ism.
>>
>>50369617
>He says this, in a campaign where all the submitted characters are unbelievable
I mean,all of the human backstories seem pretty down to earth.The only one that's really pushing logic is probably the Android.
>>
>>50369659
>His character has to be a middle aged woman?

The character is 20 years old, she'd be 27.

There is literally nothing wrong with a woman being in her late 20s or early 30s.

>So he has to spend a whole page describing her walking to Varisia? Nah, fuck off.

I think what he's saying is the trip should have done something, ANYTHING. The Path of Aganhei is legendary and a popular trek for... Oh, oh god.

Anon, you wanted a Daimyo, right? >>50369169, I know a better option.

Prince Batsaikhar, he's plot relevant.
>>
>>50369647
You became a squire at 14 or 15.
Even before that, as a page, where all you did were minor errands like "clean my weapons" and "go bring this letter to that girl" (although they did keep'em busy with a lot of that) you only even started THAT at 8, and you generally weren't knighted until 21.
>>
File: 1447034891673.gif (11KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1447034891673.gif
11KB, 408x408px
>>50369675
>I mean, all of the human backstories seem pretty down to earth.

Which do you think is the most grounded.
>>
>>50369659
>Only adults can be serious about stuff?
Of course not, but I doubt most people are going to take an 8 year old !Chinese girl seriously.
>Hurr durr Paladins are always Smite on Sight or they fall amidoinitright?
No, but chances are if you work for a hyper corrupt government and aren't corrupt yourself, people will take notice and eat your ass alive for it.
>>
>>50369647
>>50369685

This may sound silly, but the relationship between Dunk and Egg in "Dunk & Egg" is a pretty great "mainstream" vision of the Knight and Squire relationship. I'd suggest checking at out at a library and giving it a read.
>>
>>50369660
Who the fuck knows.
My current character turned 29 in this campaign, and I half of the party's half his age.
>>
File: Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>the Orator feat requires Skill Focus
>without it I'm a shit liar, but I cannot try to slot in Skill focus without fucking up everything else
>I could just take the trait for Int-to-bluff/diplomacy, but then I can't take Agile Dancer for that sweet, sweet flavor

Even in gestalt I have to make compromises for the sake of function over form. I thought I had finally escaped.
>>
>>50369673
I have been around 8 year olds and I've known plenty of people who've set their heart on something and kept with it since then, such as devoting themselves to a sport or hobby, planning to move to another country or selecting a career for themselves. It is not unreasonable at all for an 8 year old to follow through with a commitment simply because they don't understand the commitment when they first make it.

The character is "a visiting daimyo" not a specific one from the story.
>>50369659
No amount of "explaining it" will help, making the journey from Tian Xia is on its own a bad thing, because it takes away most of the mystery of Tian Xia and the journey. It is the journey that is bad, not how long the description is.
>>
>>50369705
committing to "wanting to become", sure.

but that 8 year old isn't going to be completing his vows anytime soon.
>>
>>50369617
Faceless Enforcer guy here, I thought Jonas was pretty realistic. It's a classic case of "slave gets freed, turns out to be as bad as the worst slave owners" and redeeming.
Also, he's basically fantasy Iron Man in case you guys didn't realize
>>
File: 1421942642393.jpg (27KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1421942642393.jpg
27KB, 315x315px
>>50369705

Hey man, you know what's an origin story I've seen nobody even consider?

Like, you know all those Tien refugees and exiles that settle in the Land of the Linnorm Kings? They stick to themselves because they're xenophobic assholes, but once in a while a young man or woman decides to date a native Ulfen (causing much scandal) or even marry.

The children of these unions are typically extremely beautiful and share the best qualities of both parents. The cost of all this, of course, is becoming a pariah in the Tien community and being forced to embrace your Ulfen side more than the Tien side. Heck, there's even a TRAIT for being a child of this sort of union, found in "People of the North!" I think it gives you Skald and Tien as free languages along with something else.

Why don't nobody wanna do that, hmm?
>>
>>50366206
>Is necromancy inherently evil in your campaign?
No, it's usually evil because it involves desecrating a corpse but it's okay if the corpse's rightful owner has agreed to it. The dying will sometimes sell their bodies to provide for their families.
>>
File: 1352150047583.gif (2MB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1352150047583.gif
2MB, 400x328px
>>50369659
> Only adults can be serious about stuff? His character has to be a middle aged woman?

Saying a goddamn 8 year old has the maturity and self-disciple to follow a paladin's code and see the systemic corruption that defines her life is pretty silly. Plus, by my count, the Character would be 25 after the age up. That's hardly middle-aged.

> It's a good part of the story.

But it's not. For reasons I've laid out in this post >>50369673

> Hurr durr Paladins are always Smite on Sight or they fall amidoinitright?

Hurr durr how can the bad guys know I'm a paladin when I light up like a christmas tree under any sort of detect spell? Stop being a fuck retard.

> So he has to spend a whole page describing her walking to Varisia? Nah, fuck off.

No, I want a backstory that doesn't undermine half the goddamn AP.

>Honestly I feel like you're just angry and want to undermine peoples characters

Giving feedback and constructive criticism is now "undermining characters"? If your ego is too delicate to handle any kind of criticism, then don't post shit.
>>
>>50369566
1. She didn't swear at 8 years old, I just had to put that line somewhere and that's where it flowed naturally. She's got Scion of Humanity, so she ages similarly to humans. Random aging puts a human Bard/Paladin at 21 max.

2. If I were GMing for myself I wouldn't include a romantic aspect with Senna. She already ran away, at this point he'd just kill her and be done with it.

3. As above, she wasn't aware of the corruption instantly, and while corruption is a major problem in Minkai according to the sources I've seen it's not like it's all pervasive. The country is still LN, after all.

4. The trip takes three books, books 2, 3, 4, and that's with people trying to get in their way. Normally it's a dangerous route, but you have a guide and you're fine, as far as I read. Yeah, I could have written more, but I was at 750 words, running out of steam, and couldn't find more on the Path of Aganhei without digging through the other books of the AP, which I didn't want to do.

>>50369660
I'll take it into consideration. I sorta wanted her to be younger to help explain why she decided her best course of action was to flee the continent. Sure, her 8 wisdom does that, but if she's younger then she's going to get hit harder by it.
>>
>>50369480
Would you rather we spend several hours bitching about balance of Casters/Initiators/Spherecasters and spazzing over autism?
>>
>>50369711
I said I've known plenty of people who set their heart on something and kept with it, which since you've missed is me talking about people I've known who have either talked about how they decided to do something when they were 8 or people I've known since they were 8.

Learn to read.
>>
>>50369748
>That's hardly middle-aged.

To remind everyone here, Middle-Age for a Human in Pathfinder is 35.
>>
>>50369688
I mean all of them don't seem that sue-ish.
>retired widower who puts his grief into his art
>overly proud mage who wants to leave town but doesn't because he's a friendzoned pussy
>summoner whose tragic past unlocked their psionic ability and Eiodolan.
>stoner former ex-military party guy
>samurai singer chick who somehow got across the ocean
Given all the crazy shit that can happen in Golarion, all seems pretty tame. Summoner chick might be pushing it, but not in an obnoxious way.
>>
Does /pfg/ think this RP drawback is too crippling?

>Court Fey Pact Avowed who made a deal for her power when she was very young, but what the Fey took was her ability to recognise faces
>She can identify a person's race, stature, and voice, but if they did something like change their outfit and not speak, she wouldn't be able to realise it was the same person she saw two minutes ago, or even someone she knew all her life
>However, another party member is a vitalist, and he's the only person she can fully trust, because being in a collective bypasses this disability and lets her recognise him immediately (And also anyone else in the collective but that's less important)

Interesting? Or too big of a handicap?

Does this become completely invalidated if she just gets an arcane familiar who can recognise faces for her?
>>
>>50369675
Considering that I have put together a sheltered android with the mindset of a child holding a firearm, I'm surprised at how little attention she's managed to get. Even considering the whole part where she's so far from Numeria where there are other metalthings and whose only motivation for being in Sandpoint is "I want friends/meds for dad".

I'd call it a mixed blessing, but now that I brought it to attention, now shit's gonna drop on me in three...two...
>>
>>50369781
And Adulthood is 15
>>50369761
Yes. I'd prefer mechanical discussion to circle jerking and cuteposting.
>>
>>50369807

Is she cute?
>>
>>50369812
>Yes. I'd prefer mechanical discussion to circle jerking and cuteposting.
That wasn't mechanical discussion we had, that was people shouting "NUH UH YOURE WRONG YOUR SHITTO SYSTEM" until the thread died
>>
>>50369832
I'd still prefer it to cute posting if only because of degrees of relatedness.
>>
>>50369802
Actually, she probably shouldn't be able to recognise voices either.
Clothes are fine, though.
>>
>>50369807
I'm honestly surprised by how little shit most of the characters are getting as well. Personally, I really dig the android, but that's mostly because it's in-line with a concept I've been wanting to try for a while.

>I will never play a wyrwood refluffed as a homunculus, searching for his lost creator
>>
>>50369840
Anon, they're both shitposting. At least the cute shitposting usually accompanies more polite discussion followed by character backstory/build discussion rather than just people yelling and arguing over the most autistic minmaxed builds that only 2hufag would ever use.

Are you seriously this booty bothered by weeb pics that you would rather the thread just continuously devolve into /v/-tier shitposting and bitching?
>>
>>50369790
Which is the most sue?
>>
>>50369169
Honestly I don't like it.
>>
>>50369869
>build discussion rather than just people yelling and arguing over the most autistic minmaxed builds that only 2hufag would ever use.
Except one usually leads to the other because 2hufag has apparently become a boogeyman for "any build or mechanic I don't care for".
>>
>>50369760

>I wouldn't include a romantic aspect with Senna.

If you best case scenario involves pretending that it never happened, then why give her a connection to such a major antagonist at all?

>Yeah, I could have written more,
My point is, no matter how much you write about it, it's still a problem.

One of the main themes of Jade Regent is exploration and discovery, having a PC who can say "been there, done that" to half the AP destroys that theme.

If I was going to re-write it, I'd say that Song stole a bunch of money from the Daimyo, and used it to pay a Wizard to teleport her away. It gets the character out of the bad situation, gets her to the start of the story, doesn't remove the tension, and adds a misdeed in her past. Which makes the journey through the Crown of the World a trial she has to overcome in to both literally and metaphorically re-enter her homeland.
>>
>>50369516

Because d20 doesn't play well with phones
>>
>>50369790
I crave attention and acceptance, what do you think of Jonas Isendare, >>50367925?
>>
>>50369911

My opinion? Don't make him a former slave, just make him a poor guy that made it rich off of owning slaves.

Another thing is to play up the hypocrisy of his "bleeding heart" for the slaves yet, upon discovering their DEPLORABLE conditions, chose to sell his shares and live the good life in Sandpoint.

He's a fart-sniffing asshole that plays at justice.
>>
File: okay.jpg (11KB, 500x247px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
11KB, 500x247px
>>50369897
okay

>>50369902
It's not pretending it never happened, it's adding a source of tension to the relationship between a specific PC and a major NPC. He's not going to stay his hand because he's in love with her, and she might tunnel in on him because she blames him for her problems.

Still, thank you. This is why I came here, to get this criticism. Getting teleported away does work better for the exploration aspect, and it also gives a better reasoning for why she got lost, if he dropped her down in the middle of the wilderness.

Luckily I have a month to work on this. I'm not planning on backing out.
>>
>>50369952
>just make him a poor guy that made it rich off of owning slaves.
>>50369911

Ooh! For inspiration, I'd highly suggest reading about Trimalchio, who was a satirical character from Roman times who was an ex-slave that became extremely wealthy and promptly used that wealth to further his own pleasures.
>>
>>50369952
Well originally he did run away to get away from his workers revolting, but now he realizes that he was wrong and wants to be a good guy. His social identity is still a lazy, selfish motherfucker though because he is just drawn to that life and can't resist.
>>50369963
Definitely reading that this weekend, thanks man
>>
>>50368006
So as somebody with little to no personal experience with positive family interaction, can you give me some examples? Like from movies or books or anime or tv shows?
>>
>>50369697
>Who the fuck knows.

Who's the oldest (by racial standards) applicant, anyway?
>>
>>50369642

>this image

all of my fucking want desu
>>
File: 1392017549161.png (22KB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
1392017549161.png
22KB, 234x200px
>>50370057
>Like from movies or books or anime or tv shows?

The Starks from Game of Thrones is an excellent example of a positive, functioning family.

The Lannisters, in contrast, are an example of a highly disfunctional family.
>>
>>50370060
Jonas is 28, I'm sure there's someone that's like 40 or something though
>>
>>50370060
Among the humans

It seems to be
32>25>24=24>20>18
>>
>>50370123
There's more applicants than that. And who is what age?
>>
>>50369802
>>50369841
It does make them really incredibly reliant on the vitalist, which makes any attempts to fly solo not too great. A familiar would probably fix it though.
>>
File: 205.jpg (55KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
205.jpg
55KB, 542x616px
So /pfg/, tell me about this Razmiran Priestess.
>>
>>50370185
>among the humans posted in the thread and with a posted age
>Sword Lord is 32
>Summoner is 25
>Blaster Caster and Mercenary guy are 24
>Samurai girl is 20
>guy who wants to be a waifu bot is 18
>>
>>50370202

She's a thicc, voluptuous, middle-aged Razmiran priestess that thinks she's a bad girl and deserves to be punished.
>>
>>50370060

DILF aasimar oradin. Depending on the rules he is like 70 or so
>>
>>50370215
>by racial standards
Means it's relative. Isn't 70 not that old by Aasimer standards? Most of the other non humans are in their 20's and can live into the hundreds too.
>>
So is this just going to be "everyone sperging out for three months then not getting accepted, and saying it was shit anyway"? Because I want to know if I'm wasting my time trying to ask questions outside of that.
>>
>>50370243
AASIMAR AGE AT THE NORMAL HUMAN RATE
>>
>>50370251
Baby you know it.
>>
File: 1455468930800.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455468930800.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>50370251
>>
>>50370243

It depends on how the GM says aasimar aging works. There are two conflicting sites. One says as human, the other they dont even start adulthood until 70.
>>
>>50370202

From the sound of her, she's the most blatantly sexual character in the line-up of applicants.
>>
>>50370264
>>50370276
Well at least you were honest.
>>
>>50366206
Hey /pfg/ I need some help choosing a class for a game. I've played with PoW for too long and I need to choose something that isn't PoW. We have le utility Rouge, a synth summoner, a abjuration wizard, and a magus. I woulda played a zealot or something to make the party better but now I'm not 100% sure what to play. First impulse says either something that can do ranged DPS or something that can buff and debuff at range.
>>
>>50369812
Although it's also the age at which you start your training for full-capability adventurer classes. It's certainly not the case that you've learned nothing before then, but it means there was that much of a basic education to even get to what a level 1 starts with.
>>
>>50370310

I'd highly recommend the Slayer.
>>
>>50370286
Moreso than the one that literally wants to turn himself into a waifubot?
>>
>>50370310
Inquisitor.

Get yourself a longbow, and go to town.
>>
File: Aging.png (446KB, 841x429px) Image search: [Google]
Aging.png
446KB, 841x429px
>>50370185
Time to do another rundown from the roll20 thread
>Khair, human, 18
>Onryou, tiefling, 20
>Song, human, 20
>Shizuka, dhampir, 18
>Omza, human, 24
>Anja, human, 25
>Casimir, human, 32
>Larash, half-orc, unlisted
>Silvia, skinwalker, 22
>Gil, kitsune, unlisted
>Amandia, android, 3
>Corwin, human, 24
>Roku, half-giant, 25
>Akane, human, 18
>Ricktor, human, 24
>Keva, oread, 25

>>50370254
>>50370282
No they don't. Pic is from the Advanced Race Guide.
>>
>>50370321
Haven't you been suggesting the slayer to people for the past 4 threads? What makes the slayer a good choice?

>>50370332
That sounds like it could work but isn't ranged bow stuff a pretty big stat investment?
>>
>>50370344
>What makes the slayer a good choice?

It literally does everything; it works as ranged, it works as a utility, it works as skill monkey, it works as a fighter, it slices and dices and will fuck your sister.
>>
>>50370333
>people always meme about how no one plays humans
>see this list
So it really IS a meme.
>>
>>50370344
I've suggested Slayer as well.

Slayer is good because it has enough to make it good at doing what you want to do as a martial, that is, kick in the door, hack and slash, all that fun, but you're also versatile enough to not be retarded out of combat.
>>
>>50370075
It'll happen.

She just needs to make sure he doesn't accidentally turn it into work material, since that might end up with Hori and Kashima as the bride and groom respectively (poor guy) while Nozaki takes pictures everywhere.
>>
>>50370362
You know the sad thing? I got one wrong, and it's mine. Lilin is an Aasimar. Scion of Humanity, but she's still an Aasimar. But yes, "No one plays humans!" is a meme.

7 humans, 1 tiefling, 1 aasimar, 1 dhampir, 1 half-orc, 1 skinwalker, 1 kitsune, 1 android, 1 half-giant, 1 oread. 7 humans, 9 others.
>>
File: orc1.png (110KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
orc1.png
110KB, 210x330px
>>50370333
>orcs are middle aged at 20
JUST
>>
>>50370333
To fill in for Gil, his Etan guise would be around 26 at the start of the campaign. Yokai have ridiculous lifespans though, so I still hadn't settled on an actual age.
>>
>>50370396

Bonus feat, man, it's powerful.
>>
>>50370333
How are Shizuka, Keva, and Onryou that young?
>>
>>50370461

They were born recently?
>>
>>50370408
Kobolds know your pain. But hey, we can be wizards and such before other races have hit adulthood.
>>
>>50370254
>>50370333
>>50370461
The ASSUMPTION a lot of people make about Aasimar/Tieflings/whatever, is that they grow to adulthood at the rate of their parent race. (IE: A "human" tiefling would be an adult at 15, but not hit middle age until 150)
>>
>>50370457
I didn't chose human for the feat due to the feat taxes and I wanted to be a fluffy tail.
>>
>>50370461
Because fuck actually being 60?
>>
>>50370479

This.

Aasimar and Tieflings don't "age slowly", they just "age really well."
>>
File: 32141235125235.jpg (285KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
32141235125235.jpg
285KB, 2560x1600px
>>50367988
Thank you very much and nice dubs.
>>
>>50370457
I didn't choose human for the feat, I legit do not like 90% of the player races in Pathfinder.
>>
File: Starting Age.png (165KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
Starting Age.png
165KB, 409x409px
>>50370412
I'll keep it in mind.

>>50370457
I picked up Scion of Humanity for Lilin to get buffs and the human FCB. Now she resists everything.

>>50370461
They wanted them to be?

>>50370479
That assumption would also be wrong. Of course no one gives a shit about what Paizo says. If you want to be 20, be 20.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (28KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
28KB, 439x480px
>mfw I realize like 80% of my characters are blondes
>>
>>50368006
>Actually bother to learn how to properly feed an infant when they're starting to switch from milk
>Talking to them all the time, which helps them learn the language and keeps them happy. And a happy baby is a baby that screams less
>Take them on small, safe trips, showing them anything from nearby farms to plants and waterfalls to even just having breakfast at the airport while watching the planes go by
>Let them experience things as they grow up, while keeping them safe - sometimes behind the scenes
>Just encourage them with simple things like actually showing up to school plays or driving them around to expand their range when they have to sell chocolates for the year's trip
>Fucking READ to them when they're young; interact for fuck's sake.
>Scold'em if you must, but do remember you were that age and easily that bad as well. The little fuckers got it from somewhere. (Source: Ask your grandparents or aunts and uncles when you can; you'll often find out one of your parents was an unholy little shitface growing up)
>Give them the advice they don't wanna hear
>Don't make it "taboo": Tell them how cool it was to do the same thing at your age if you want them to never do something again. If that doesn't work, you've raised them FAR too well.

Good families pass on their experiences and expend the resources they've built up to give their kids a chance at a better life than they got. This goes the same whether we're talking about a farmer in 300 BCE, or a single mother doing triple shifts at walmart (she wouldn't be doing triple shifts if it weren't for you, and trust me she hates every second of it, but if she doesn't, you and your sister get no hope).

Good families, when they CAN, try to spend time with their kids; and kids fucking LOVE that. A 4-5 year old will be fucking ecstatic about you taking her to work with you, or bringing him along to "help" pick what new car you want, or simply to get some of their hundred thousand questions answered.
>>
>>50370501
I mean, it's ASSUMED, because otherwise it's retarded. It's one of those "that's not how it's written, but that's how we read it" things I see a lot of people do.
>>
>>50370516
Targeting error there, that was for >>50370057

But yeah, surely you've interacted with small children at least once in your life. Surely you've had them looking up at you in wonder and hope that you can tell them what that thing over there says or is. Other than their basic needs, that attention and education is what they crave most, and most of them will love you inconditionally in return.
>>
>>50370517

>because otherwise it's retarded

Not really. Look at the Japanese. They die at like 120, and don't reach adulthood until like 40.
>>
>>50370550
not quite.
Their soul dies at like 30-40, and their bodies continue till 120ish
>>
>>50370505
Is that actually a bad thing?

So you have a default characteristic? I usually make my characters blond, because I'm blond.

Unless I'm making a character that's not blond, for the sake of playing something different from usual, like in addition to playing a different class/race combo I don't normally play.

Next character I make might be bald.
>>
>>50370550

>The Japanese are Fetchlings
>>
File: Saitama_OK.jpg (29KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama_OK.jpg
29KB, 375x305px
>>50370505
>>
File: 6fe.jpg (92KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
6fe.jpg
92KB, 400x407px
>PanzerCreed in RotJR
How does one know so little, but still go to /pfg/?
How is he not a filthy optimizing autist like the rest of us?
>>
File: boobs.jpg (34KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
boobs.jpg
34KB, 500x281px
>>50370505
could be worse
>>
>>50370578

>tfw you will never play a shapely Paladin that gets off on being the Party Shield
>>
>>50370576

He's an innocent cinnamon bun that deserves to be protected.
>>
File: 5KNMxjX.jpg (969KB, 1336x1898px) Image search: [Google]
5KNMxjX.jpg
969KB, 1336x1898px
>>50370585
>and who fantasizes about the party thief
>>
>>50370576
I don't think he goes to /pfg/.
I don't think he knows how to click on links.
I linked him to the Feat Tax rules.
He picked Improved Sunder.
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (237KB, 1279x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
237KB, 1279x1179px
>>50370600
>>50370585

Why do I have an urge to play this now.
>>
>>50370634
Who is that, and why is she so cute?
>>
>>50370652

Galko-chan, who is basically the lewdest character designed by anime yet explicitly written as a pure cinnamon bun.
>>
File: 1477500712314.png (250KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1477500712314.png
250KB, 586x634px
>>50370616
He is beyond saving
>>
>>50370616
>He picked Improved Sunder.
That level of innocence is refreshing, guy is like a sheep amongst the wolves.
>>
>>50370660

He is worth saving because his innocence is worth protecting!
>>
>>50370664
>>50370666
Or a dog. Treasure that person, and protect their smile!
>>
>>50370666
I see through you lies satan!
>>
File: useless bunny.png (504KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
useless bunny.png
504KB, 919x720px
>>50370585
I think a lot of Paladins have a martyr complex combined with chronic hero syndrome.

They WANT to get hurt, they WANT to be defiled and mindbroken and subjugated to pain and dehumanized.
Because they think they're doing it for the sake of others.

"If I'm the orc village cumdump, I saved 10 other girls from this cruel fate."
>>
>>50370683
I just want to save others who can't save themselves. If I have to take a stabbing or two in order to save them then I think it was a good trade! I'd rather not be stabbed, though, that hurts...
>>
File: 1430365558218.gif (182KB, 384x408px) Image search: [Google]
1430365558218.gif
182KB, 384x408px
>>50370683
>If I'm the orc village cumdump, I saved 10 other girls from this cruel fate.

>mfw Paladin with a martyr complex and hero syndrome wanders into Sandpoint after spending quite a long time in Belkzen, a half-dozen half-orc children in tow
>>
>>50370683
But the truth of the matter is - they're just repressed masochist sluts who WANT an excuse to be raped and defiled every night by every monster with a dick bigger than her womb can accommodate.

They want the image of chaste and purity, while fucking orcs and trolls and drinking their cum with all three of her holes.
>>
>>50370658
Tell me more about this "Galko-chan"!
>>
File: 1476904187043.jpg (355KB, 774x880px) Image search: [Google]
1476904187043.jpg
355KB, 774x880px
>>50370700
>They want the image of chaste and purity, while fucking orcs and trolls and drinking their cum with all three of her holes.

Just 3? That girl isn't a big enough slut then.
>>
>>50370702

She's scary when she wants to be!

Her boobs are bad for feeding children (confirmed inverted nipples!)

She smells!
>>
File: FECanas.png (1MB, 1000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
FECanas.png
1MB, 1000x1480px
Taking a campaign trait isn't mandatory for an AP, is it? Like, I like the flavor for a lot of the traits, but none of them mechanically do anything I really want, which is frustrating to me.
>>
>>50370724
It's not mandatory, no.
>>
>>50370700
>>50370698
>>50370696
>>50370683

>tfw this actually sounds kind of fun to play

>>50370724

It's usually considered Good Form to take one.
>>
File: god wills it.png (316KB, 600x860px) Image search: [Google]
god wills it.png
316KB, 600x860px
>>50370683
>>50370700

This is some freudian-tier bullshit.
But it makes my dick tingle, so I'll permit it.
>>
File: Dota-фэндомы.jpg (50KB, 235x280px) Image search: [Google]
Dota-фэндомы.jpg
50KB, 235x280px
>>50370683
>>50370700
>>50370711

...I think you folks might want to ease back on the porn a bit.
>>
File: 112287.png (15KB, 196x203px) Image search: [Google]
112287.png
15KB, 196x203px
>>50370696
Oh jeeze, I just realized. That's not the type of stabbing I meant!
>>
File: 1477318024004.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1477318024004.png
5KB, 225x225px
>>50370752

Are you sure~?
>>
File: halgra.jpg (104KB, 585x309px) Image search: [Google]
halgra.jpg
104KB, 585x309px
>>50370698

be sure to make your character an oread
>>
>>50370683
anon, please. This is a blue board, I'm at work and I have to do a presentation in the next 10 minutes, but I can't with this bulge in my pants.
>>
>>50370772

>Oread
>Not Holstaurus Agathion-blooded Aasimar
>>
>>50370742
I mean, there's one that is exactly a part of the backstory, and it gives a benefit I /can/ use, but... I really need a completely different trait's effect, and would have to wait 4-6 levels just to squeeze Additional Traits in.
>>
File: 1470784131580.jpg (323KB, 1000x1314px) Image search: [Google]
1470784131580.jpg
323KB, 1000x1314px
>>50370683
>no cute THICC NTRbait Paladin waifu who would suck Orc dicks to save my life.
>>
File: evil scientists at work.jpg (19KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
evil scientists at work.jpg
19KB, 400x262px
>A mad scientist character that realizes the world has odd rules and captures powerful adventurers to torture them and cast Maximized CLWs on them, knowing they always have the same healing potency, to estimate the "HP" of a character, and begins writing down the 'laws' that govern growth of power through various experiments.
>>
File: Abaj.png (316KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
Abaj.png
316KB, 600x789px
>>50370845
>NTR
>>
>>50370866
ABAJ
>>
File: 8JqpMxQ.png (533KB, 1276x715px) Image search: [Google]
8JqpMxQ.png
533KB, 1276x715px
>>50370857

>Both amoral and metatextual

Fascinating.
>>
File: 1471617747342.jpg (94KB, 791x632px) Image search: [Google]
1471617747342.jpg
94KB, 791x632px
>>50370845

I think this entire conversation is evidence enough that a character like this would be received really well.

Especially if she's a hopeless romantic! Butt-sluts becoming earnest lovers is the cutest!
>>
File: 1479839968363.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1479839968363.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>50370683
>>50370845
>>50370902
>this thread
>>
>>50370845
that's not a Paladin.
But she is certainly THICC
>>
File: Dog-taking-bath-GIF.gif (2MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
Dog-taking-bath-GIF.gif
2MB, 400x220px
>>50370917

A cold shower would not go amiss for some folks, certainly.
>>
Alright gents, here's a small challenge
>Take the last 5 vidya games you played
>take the protags of each and make them into a party for PF
>Hard mode: No games with character creation.

If you have a hard time determining how to make a particular character in PF, then just ask advice and someone may help you out.

Pic not really much related.
>>
>>50370925
They forgot to follow the rule of "masturbate before you post"
>>
File: 1276486541.jpg (390KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1276486541.jpg
390KB, 1280x1656px
>>50370921
>that's not a Paladin.

>tfw no cute warrior waifu
>>
File: 1478653364969.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478653364969.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>50370939
>remember the last five games I've played.
>can't remember anything beyond pokemon and metal gear rising
>>
File: 1470781163384.jpg (162KB, 572x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470781163384.jpg
162KB, 572x800px
>>50370940
>implying majority of /pfg/ aren't just posting on /pfg/ during their refractory periods.
>>
>>50370949
Well, Raiden is a Soul Hunter Stalker, that should be a good start.
>>
>>50370957
>having a refractory period
>not typing with one hand while fapping with the other

Low Energy Cuck
>>
Roku the giant is no longer a bushi brutal slayer. He's a psy arm/war soul soulknife with ODZS warder.

Now I need to figure out what traits to give him, what disciplines to focus on, and what (if any) disciplines to trade out for with Unorthodox Method.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>50370967
Brutal slayer bushi with riven or go home.
>>
File: 1455878327756.jpg (91KB, 515x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455878327756.jpg
91KB, 515x683px
>>50370970

>He doesn't spend his time on /pfg/ edging
>>
>>50370971
How does Psyarm work with zweisent?
>>
File: endless.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
endless.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>50370957
>>50370970
>>50370983
>Not endlessly ejaculating
>>
>>50370986
Not all too well, aside from benefiting from Wis. Manifesting with it is nice, though, because I get to Expansion my-ass into Huge territory until I get Primal Warrior Stance.
>>
File: 1435992220234.jpg (429KB, 593x940px) Image search: [Google]
1435992220234.jpg
429KB, 593x940px
>>50370996

That sounds painful, anon!
>>
File: m3irymwv4czx.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
m3irymwv4czx.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>
>>50371005

Where do I find the OVA of Konosuba? I binged on the main series but I want to see where half of the memes seem to come from.
>>
File: 1479330254674.gif (1MB, 735x420px) Image search: [Google]
1479330254674.gif
1MB, 735x420px
>>50371019
Nyaa
>>
>>50370972
>bushi
Nah, he may use a Katana, but he doesn't really use Ia that often and most of his attacks are him switching between savage hacking and precision slices.

Not much of a Bushi, that's much more Jetstream's thing, since he's pretty much your archetypical Bushi Warlord
Plus Soul Hunter emulates the "kill your enemy and absorb their electrolytes" angle pretty well.

>>50371003
Why does this smug elf look familiar? is she a Wakfu character?
>>
File: average tg thread.jpg (9KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
average tg thread.jpg
9KB, 269x187px
>this thread
>>
>>50371040
>Raiden not strength based
>throws a metal gear
>>
File: 1428878991939.jpg (94KB, 471x650px) Image search: [Google]
1428878991939.jpg
94KB, 471x650px
>>50371040
>Why does this smug elf look familiar? is she a Wakfu character?

Nah, just a thick and fit Elf that likes to use her hands.

Have a smug-looking older Paladin woman!
>>
File: 1479798250830.jpg (37KB, 379x376px) Image search: [Google]
1479798250830.jpg
37KB, 379x376px
>>50371057

>mfw I'm actually liking it
>>
>>50371071
I will admit, in hindsight, Brutal Slayer does seem the better fit, its just I didn't read it until later after I had already considered Soul Hunter for my NotRaiden build.
>>
>>50370077
I'll have to take some time to watch the episodes. Would read the books but don't have any cash on me or know anyone who owns them.

Also want to apologize for sounding cringy in the thread. Just want to break out of this bad character habit...
>>
>>50371094
Speaking of which, wouldn't NToRacle get an even higher diplomacy if they were an Android using Nanite Surge?
>>
>>50371122
No, because they're going Human to get the Luck feat chain.
>>
File: 1446856942307.png (52KB, 310x370px) Image search: [Google]
1446856942307.png
52KB, 310x370px
>>50371057

>mfw RotJR is lewd and super popular
>mfw absolutely none of the current characters are lewd
>mfw the only lewd ones are still super in the concept stage
>>
>>50370949
>Doomguy
There's a Barbarian archetype with guns, right? That, with IUS/Brawler ranks so he can actually RIP AND TEAR
>Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Slayer at base. Tinker maybe moreso considering how I've been having fun with that class by spamming my little robutts.
>Kain
Vampire with ranks in Fighter and...Wizard? Telekinesis/Unseen Servant could easily fluff out his ranged blood-drinking.
>Eddie the Head
Considering the base edition, most likely some Fighter/Inquisitor making use of long chains
>Frost Warlock
Summoner, Water Elemental Eidolon. Maybe some Boreal Sorc too for the Arcana.
>>
File: 250c408b22874fdc89d90909a486a480.jpg (200KB, 578x1536px) Image search: [Google]
250c408b22874fdc89d90909a486a480.jpg
200KB, 578x1536px
>>50371146
Cheer up, it's not like it's going to have any characters anyways.
>>
>>50371146
>>50371161
Awoos are cute! CUTE!
>>
>>50371148
>There's a Barbarian archetype with guns, right?
Savage Technologist
>Kain
Slayer/Magus would work. Vae Victus
>>
>>50370939

Lesse, that would be...

Titanfall 2: Jack Cooper and BT-7274. Hmm... summoner, maybe, and his eidolon? Or... is there any better way to do a Titan Pilot in Pathfinder?

Invisible Inc: I'll count Olivia Gladstone, AKA Central, as the main character/protagonist of it. Vigilante, probably?

Payday 2: Dallas, I guess is the closest thing the payday gang has a protagonist/main character. Switch-hitting ranger with a focus on stealth skills, trades out animal companion for something?

MGSV: Phantom Pain: Hidden Blade rogue for big boss? Broken Blade, uh, maybe something else? I'm not sure at this point.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor... hmm. Somes ort of mystic/spiritualist multiclass or something? Or just straight spiritualist? Not familiar with the class, so...
>>
File: 1444280798993.png (99KB, 494x375px) Image search: [Google]
1444280798993.png
99KB, 494x375px
>>50371161
>>50371170

Oh shush, I'm just saying some sexy hunks or busty bombshells might be a cool chance of pace from the procession of well-grounded normal types!
>>
>>50371183
>well-grounded normal types

I mean, even the most "well grounded" of the characters isn't normal?
>>
>>50371188
And adventurers aren't well-grounded.
>>
>>50371148
Doomguy is a Savage Technologist from Numeria.

Van Helsing is not a Slayer. In many iterations, he's like an Inquisitor/Investigator hybrid.
>>
File: 1472049416319.gif (249KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
1472049416319.gif
249KB, 600x496px
>>50371188
>>50371195

Anons please, like half of the characters applying are one step away from being retired and living normal, average lives.
>>
>>50371215
>are one step away from being retired and living normal, average lives.

Casimir is *literally* retired and he is *literally* living a normal, average life.
>>
File: 1449004801225.png (642KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1449004801225.png
642KB, 540x810px
>>50367939
>what is the cyphergate?
>cyphergate
>cypher
>>
>>50371215
I'll take it with pride that I'm one of the ones that doesn't fall into that category.

>>50371183
I like Anja's current description, but I'm considering changing it. Don't know what to, though.
>>
>>50371196
See, you'd THINK savage tech would work for Doomguy, but their rage is 100% counter to what he does when he gets mad.

Anger doesnt make him shoot better, it makes him NTR your internal organs via the medium of fist.
>>
>>50370939
>Killing Floor
...Is there a DOSH class?
>Victoria 2
...Is there a class that represents Großdeutschland?
>Pokémon Crystal
Summoner?
>War Thunder
I guess an Aegis would represent a Soviet Tank pretty well
>Senran Kagura
Hometown here we come
>>
>>50371257
There's a rage power that actually does disembowel actually.
>>
>>50371257
Doomguy seems to me to be a Desperado warlord that has some means of ammo generation, alongside VMC Barbarian
>>
>>50371276
>>Pokémon Crystal
>Summoner?
Preservationist Alchemist
>>
>>50371278
Oh, I know. But anger makes doomguy STOP using his guns.
>>
File: My Man!.gif (874KB, 273x415px) Image search: [Google]
My Man!.gif
874KB, 273x415px
>>50371252
>but I'm considering changing it. Don't know what to, though.

Are you trying to make your character more "lewd campaign" friendly? If so, I'd try to shy away from words like "lanky" and emphasize how she's a slender lil thing with an excessive amount of beauty (20 Charisma) that might reflect in certain parts of her fun bits.
>>
>>50370939
>Borderlands 2: Krieg
>Pokemon Go: Generic trainer
>Slime Rancher: chick with a vacuum gun
>Hell Yea!: demonic rabbit prince of Hell with assorted weapons and vehicles
>Burrito Bison: Burrito Bison, the gummy bear murdering luchadore

So a Savage Technologist, Master Summoner, alchemist focused on the Bottled Ooze discovery, some sort of tiefling techslinger and either a tetori monk or beast-wrestler brawler.
>>
>>50371294
to be fair, nothing in the savage technologist archetype outright says the dex bonus from rage is only for ranged weapons
>>
>>50371215
As the creator of one such character, in this case Shizuka, what do you fine folks suggest for anything, if at all, to change?
>>
>>50370939
>Dead Space
>Dead Space 2
>F.E.A.R.
>Dropsy

Hmm.
>>
>>50371215
I mean, is that really a bad thing? Sitting at being one step away from living an average life, only to turn and realize you want to go on a grand adventure sounds like a pretty comfy background.
>>
>>50368992
Hey, sorry, I've been traveling and couldn't respond until now.

The betrothed is a closer bond between the avowed and their patron or partner, resulting in either them following you around as an ally, or an avatar of them doing so. It doesn't necessarily have to be romance, but that's one of the more common motivations.

The dungeonkeeper archetype is one planned that has a unique pact based around dungeons as a concept (and gelatinous cubes as a monster), getting the ability to trap people inside spontaneously-created extradimensional spaces, engulf people in your power, and a home base/instant dungeon ability that serves as a core to their functions. Full disclosure: it's partially inspired by Magi, though not entirely. I like the idea of spontaneous dungeon creation.
>>
>>50371306
Same thing with Doomguy, Kreig's anger makes him STOP using guns. Although he at least still has ranged attacks I guess. And it's something he just DOES rather than it being an item powerup like doomguy. So it's closer.
>>
>>50371327

Honestly that's the best kind of adventurer, a man or woman that's satisfied with her position in life, but something comes along that offers a chance for something more... And with a flutter in their stomach, they take it and see how far that path leads them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo3VAltxlr8
>>
>>50371305
Honestly? I was going for the Innsmouth look, which is why I went for the lanky, dark hair, overly wide mouth sort of thing.

but it just doesn't really fit, so realistically, I'm open to basically anything. all I have of her at the moment is a headshot, and it doesn't even convey her personality properly, so it's all pretty open to change. Since I'm not particularly attracted to women, I find it hard to really figure out what I'd want a character to look like in an attractive context.

I'm far too used to characters that dump charisma.
>>
File: DATABAROLL.gif (563KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
DATABAROLL.gif
563KB, 500x280px
>>50371347
Forrest, why have you locked Cha-based Stalker behind a Prestige Class. It could have been perfect, I could have had my hunk of a Bushi/Brutal Slayer, but I've seen maybe one game that started at 6.
>>
File: Talyssa Ravenhill.png (474KB, 792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Talyssa Ravenhill.png
474KB, 792x1008px
>>50371359

She doesn't have a lot in the ways of physical attributes, so her beauty is wholly in pleasing facial features and an overall attractive figure. She won't have a lot in the way of boobs, or thighs, or a butt. Her hips might be a bit on the wide side since she's got 12 Con, but hardly anything out of the ordinary.
>>
So, what's maximum hotness for a barbarian girl?

...What's 20 Con, 14 dex, 20 strength, 14 cha like?
>>
File: 1467083150428.png (446KB, 801x602px) Image search: [Google]
1467083150428.png
446KB, 801x602px
You are all thirsty motherfuckers.
>>
Where's this "Zenko" Kitsune I keep hearing about from?
>>
File: 1412282215635.jpg (254KB, 503x850px) Image search: [Google]
1412282215635.jpg
254KB, 503x850px
>>50371408

Well if they are orcs
>>
>>50364591

Oh gosh.

I think Onryou would probably romance Tiefling/kitsune Not!Paladin. The whole acting like a hero fits all to well into a Cheesy romance novel persona that would make her just melt even if its an act.

I'm out of practice at writefaggotry so... maybe in a bit.
>>
>>50371432
I am okay with that.
>>
Annual reminder there's a Female Asset Generator on 1d4chan for ... female asset generating.
>>
>>50371429
DSP's Bloodforge Infusions playtest
>>
>>50371393
Alright, thanks for the help. I'll go make a couple changes to her description.
>>
>>50371408
>What's 20 Con, 14 dex, 20 strength, 14 cha like?

Dude... To put that in perspective, the "Appearance" score of those physical attributes is 17, she's a head-turner even in a big city.

20 Con means she's practically radiating vitality - healthy skin, rarely if ever gets sick, ample hips and a sturdy core. 14 Dexterity and 14 Charisma would mean a pretty face and limber limbs, but the Strength could mean anything from HUGE MUSCLES to "has the best abs you've ever seen."

God dammit, I've got art that's PERFECT for this but I can't find it. Don't know if anyone else has it, but it's the one depicting a shapely redheaded barbarian woman killing a minotaur in one scene, checking her hair in another, eating anime meat off the bone in another and the bottom scene has her sleeping topless while dreaming of meat? That figure is basically what I think of when I hear those attributes.
>>
>>50366416
Pretty much this. Do whatever you want with corpses and chat with all the dead guys you want, but it's not okay to enslave or damage a soul
>>
>>50371429
DSP bloodforge 2: electric Boogaloo.

Yokai Hulu Jing best fox
>>
>>50371485
>NToRacle's appearance score is only 14
Dumping strength made him too weedy
>>
>>50370939

>Wolf from Payday 2
>Ratchet and Clank
>Kyle Katarn
>Emily Kaldwin
>The Demifiend

So, a tech-savvy psychopath, a gun-toting space hero and his robot pal, a merc-turned-jedi-turned-merc-turned-jedi, the magical assassin empress of Dunwall, and some Japanese kid who used his demon friends to CANCEL THE APOCALYPSE.

Actually sounds like they'd make a better Starfinder crew than a PF party.
>>
>>50370939
>R-Type 3: Third Lightning
Hard Mode was "no character creation", what's "no characters" then?

>Assault Suits Leynos II
Okay, at least here there's pilots and armors technically. Obviously a tech user though. Probably Reactor Knight; did that ever actually get finished?

>Secrets of Grindea alpha 0.670
in this case just a regular lightning blaster with a tank pet... So, we're looking at an Avant-Garde kineticist.

>Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander
BLUH. Uhhhh. Um... Some kind of... Colossal... Technological... Robot Master Summoner?

>Castle in the Darkness
E-Flux using Warlord with some impressive acrobatics
>>
File: 1474514558243.jpg (96KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
1474514558243.jpg
96KB, 500x520px
>>50371444
This amuses me far more than it should, in all honesty.

>going for an aasimar failed
>what's the worst that could happen by entertaining a tiefling?
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339KB, 710x508px
>>50371318

Dude, your character is pretty much perfect, hardly extraordinary yet distinct among the hum-drum citizens of Sandpoint.

If I was to add anything to your character's backstory, it would be *one* major event or adventure she partook before the events of Burnt Offerings. She's a bookworm with a dusty tome she bashes heads with, now you have to add the AND THEN SHE [BLANK].
>>
File: Barbarian.jpg (238KB, 850x942px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian.jpg
238KB, 850x942px
>>50371485
>>50371408

Found it! I found it!

Pic related is what I imagine when I hear those physical attributes for a barbarian.
>>
File: thatssexy.jpg (128KB, 603x565px) Image search: [Google]
thatssexy.jpg
128KB, 603x565px
>>50371561
>>
>>50371561
Definitely looks right to me.
>>
>>50371561
fuckin' THICC
>>
File: approve.png (596KB, 1106x609px) Image search: [Google]
approve.png
596KB, 1106x609px
>>50371485
>>
File: 1429306172382.jpg (98KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1429306172382.jpg
98KB, 635x457px
>>50371561

Okay hold on, you shouldn't whip out artwork like that for what was probably a joke request, this is getting too real.

>Those glutes and thighs
>>
>>50371534
Her forcing him to bridal carry her fat ass. Severe risk of suffocation in her massive tracks of land. Also the gradual erosion of his pelvic bones. But all in all, a much more "Heavenly" time.
>>
>>50371469
>>50371495
Just read it, I don't get it, what the big deal with them? Or are they just another /pfg/ meme?
>>
>>50371561
Now how does a girl like that get the attention of a guy whose expressions are hidden by power-armor most of the time, and who's probably drawing up droid plans and just pretending to see you shake it?
>>
New thread

>>50371637
>>50371637
>>50371637
>>50371637
>>50371637
>>
File: crushedpelvises.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
crushedpelvises.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>>50371614
>>
>>50371635

She just wants the meat, anon.

The bigger, thicker and juicier the better.
>>
File: Fire Emblem Sweat.png (227KB, 744x750px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem Sweat.png
227KB, 744x750px
>>50371614
The real question is whether or not she'd be dissuaded when she found out that the hero she's been trying to romance is a literal animal.
>>
>>50371614

>Crushed pelvis
>Implying he isn't going to climb her mountain
>>
>>50371669

If she kisses him often enough he'll become a real prince!
>>
>>50371669

She's a native outsider, there's a little wiggle room. It'd be a shock, but remember Wuff Girl from Reign of winter is just an animal too.

>>50371684
This man gets it.
>>
>>50371672
>To. Hug the mountain. To Envelop. It. The mountain.
>To Hug the mountain.
>That mountain. That mountain.
>To Hug the mountain
>He wants to make love to the mountain.
>Tough, young, guys with their. Sinewy bodies
>And their, uh, fingers, and teeny toes. >Challenge. The rock. Challenging death.
>Why do I climb the mountain? Because I. 'm in love.
>>
>>50371684
>>50371699
God damnit anon, you had to go and make it cute.
>>
>>50370939
Uh... Heroes of the storm. Diablo 3. Darkest Dungeon. Diablo 2. Eve online. I'm going to drop Heroes of the storm in favor of final fantasy 5 though.

Well, I'd want to use my dust 514 characters rather than the eve online ones, because the capsuleers would be useless and they were a shared universe (even if dust got shut down :( sad times).

Diablo 3: Legacy of Nightmares set crusader - playing bombard / steed charge. Not a fucking clue how to do this. Maybe some form of initiator using entirely customized schools?

Diablo 2: Currently a low level magic find sorceress spamming fireball (going to switch to lightning once I get to about 40 though). Probably a spherecaster.

Darkest dungeon: Jester & Abomination. Abomb is a beastmorph alchemist, bombs are used to represent some of his humanoid acid vomit stuff. Jester is an archetype package bard that drops spellcasting to pick up sneak attack.

Eve Online: Dust 514 character, uses powered armor and a laser rifle. Aegis could maybe work to represent his light, medium and heavy suits. Probably gestalts techslinger. Does not account for the vehicle specialist at all.

FF5: Oh god. so many options.
>>
>>50371561
Ah asian diablo 3 fanart. The other character featured is the femwizard.
>>
>>50371347
>The dungeonkeeper
I can roll with that, looking forward to it!
Thread posts: 415
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.