[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 52

File: 40kGeneralLee.jpg (323KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
40kGeneralLee.jpg
323KB, 1200x900px
Dark Age of Warhammer General Images edition
>Now includes Planetary Onslaught sub-edition

Previous General:
>>50350349

Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
Do you mind badly painted models if you see that genuine effort went into it and bad results are maily because of inexperience/autism of the painter?
>>
>>50354366
>painted

You've put infinity more effort than most players just with paint, so no.
>>
>>50354366

I don't, but I am also a terrible painter.
>>
>>50354337
Official BRB FAQs is A Little Different From the Drafts sub-sub edition.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/40K_The_Rules_v1.2_Nov16.pdf
>>
>>50354390
That warms up my hearth. Thanks anon
>>
>>50354337
>Not including opdated FAQ
You useless ninny.
>>
>>50354426
Can we not be rude please? This is a family board and we won't be having such foul language paraded freely and proudly. Learn some manners.
>>
>>50354424
Also fuck the WIP thread, where you're expected to put on a song and dance just to show off a mini.
Sorry Camerafag, I can't afford a schmeckle 9000x with a wide-angle lense. I have to make do with my phone.
>>
>>50354438
shut the heck up you cotton-headed ninny-muggins
>>
>>50354366
i would rather play a terrible painted army, then some super cool forge world models in primer
>>
>>50354426
>>50354438
>that feel when "ninny" actually seems more profane because it's used way less than faggot and nigger
>>
>>50354465

>prime models in white
>drop loads of nuln oil all over it
>apply lazy coats of black to eyes, treads, weapons, bases

Does this please you now?
>>
>>50354451
No idea what your picture looks like but a guess would be...
Grainy as shit from poor illumination, shitty colour balance due no baisy background, sideways and with 10% of the picture being the mini, 20% a grubby hand and 70% messy table.

Put the mini down, pop a sheet of paper/cardboard behind it, get some light and look at the picture before you upload, bonus points if you crop and rotate.
>>
Okay semi-related, I have a question for you all.

Bit of background first: I used to do WH40k in my early-mid teens, before Warhammer money became booze money. Used to love it, but always thought it was a bit pricey.

Flashforward to now, 25 years old, in a very stressful job and need to pick up a relaxing hobby. I play vidya, guitar, and ride my motorcycle, but all of these things get me fired up rather than relaxed.

I actually looked at getting back into the modelling/painting side (which I was pretty good at) but holy fuck man, the prices. I ended up going in a different direction and picked up a bunch of Tamiya 1:35 model tanks instead.

The question is this: How in the hell can you justify how expensive games workshop stuff is? For example, a Leman Russ battle tank now costs £31, whereas a 1:35 Tamiya Panzer IV or STUG which is of comparable size (less chunky) costs less than half that?

The Tamiya kits are mid tier as far as modelling goes (Top tier goes to Dragon/Trumpeter, where price does become comparable with GW), but fuck man, there is so much more detail in one of these kits than a GW kit. How the bull fucking hell do they justify charging double for something with way less detail?
>>
>>50354487
much more then the 90% black primed armies i face
>>
>>50354451
Fucking exactly i have barely money to buy my models paints and such. Pic related my first models
>>
>>50354523

>The question is this: How in the hell can you justify how expensive games workshop stuff is?

You can't. Thats why you shop cheap on eBay, buy a glass jar, some Simple Green, a toothbrush, and a Games Workshop painting starter set. Put those cheap .50c a piece Space Marines in the jar of SImple Green, wait 48 hours, wash that shit in the faucet, and voila you have a canvas.
>>
>>50354540
I have the money and I like the minis.
>>
>>50354542

I feel bad now, since my guys are just primed white or red, but I spent the entire time wanting to throw the one hellbrute I painted in a mulcher.

Building the models I'm fine.
Converting I'm fine.
But painting pisses me off so much.

I can spend two months scratch building a Typhoon for an Apocalypse game but I can't sit down and paint a hellbrute for a hour without wanting to rage quit.
>>
Is $20 a fair price for the latest codex of a given army? I normally don't play or buy books but I don't want to be THAT GUY in the store if I ever decide to play again.
>>
>>50354565

It's a shame really. The Leman Russ was just an example, because I think a lot of their monster models (particularly tyranids) are excellent, and a lot of imagination/creativity have gone into them (whereas with historic models, it's more about research and engineering a kit). They just seem determined to fuck over their customer base and treat them like idiots.

> People are buying bits from the 'bitz catalogue'? Fuck 'em! Lets make them buy entire kits instead, and pretend to ourselves that no-one is going to open up their own shop on eBay to part off kits!

I think it's a shame because as well as the social stigma of going into a GW (let's face it, there is), people are now having to deal with increasingly ludicrous prices. The business might fold in a couple of years.
>>
>>50354601

I wish painting were simpler. By the time I apply that third pass of paint on something, I instinctively want to just say fuck thinning the paints I need my model painted fucking now.
>>
>>50354609

The business won't fold because Games Workshop has a monopoly which survives on the economic nerdbone of one country. Whether or not you decide to buy their Imperial Knights for $150 is of no real consequence to them since they primarily cater to the people who are guaranteed to buy it for full retail price.
>>
>>50354622

I know. I think the reason is because it's a S curve of effort vs reward.

I'll make a picture of what I mean if someone wants it.
>>
I think the reason why T4/3+ isn't considered durable anymore is due to the advent of Hull Points.

Prior to HP, you had high S single shot weapons to deal with vehicles (Melta, Las canons, Missiles, Rails, ect). While these obviously could kill MEQ, you generally only lost one model with a few exceptions.

Thanks to hull points, those same guns aren't nearly as effective with melta being the prime example. Why? A single penetrating hit has a 1/6 chance to wreck the vehicle IF it's AP2. However, medium S high rate of fire weapons are far more reliable to kill armor because they only need to glance it to death.

Those weapons, even if they don't ignore MEQ armor, force many more saves, and offer a greater chance of losing models. It also creates a cycle of fuck:

>infantry needs transport
>need weapons to kill transport
>anti-armor also kills infantry
>repeat

Getting rid of HP only goes so far because then G/MCs pull even further ahead. I think the simplest answer might be to make it so that vehicles can't be glanced to death. As in, a glancing hit can't remove the last HP. Then, boost penetrating hits from S9/10 to maybe remove 2 HP, or even a d3 instead of a single.

This also has the benefit of nerfing haywire and to an extent Grav.
>>
>>50354666
Exception for melta, not example.
>>
>>50354743
>Planeta
i am ashamed to admit that i am only slightly above " i have spraypaint "
>>
>>50354743

I feel like the middle is suicide tier.
>>
>>50354743
You should have put effort on the x-axis you fucking mong.
>>
File: IMG_20161119_184032.jpg (36KB, 416x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161119_184032.jpg
36KB, 416x432px
>>50354760

I want to believe that I am slowly crawling away from the middle.
>>
>>50354757
Iam only above spraypaint becuase i dont use spreypanint but when i get pissed of i just collect some thrash and make terain out of it using milk cartoon bottles and such. My local water bottle when cut and airbrushed with black and "rust" make mean ass water tank
>>
Was the cadian battle group ever errata'd or can I still bring as many command squads and Tank Commanders as I want without Core choices?
>>
File: ex2.png (38KB, 918x656px) Image search: [Google]
ex2.png
38KB, 918x656px
>>50354768
Fuck
>>
>>50354773
Thats is beautifull i love work on face thats when i struggle the most. Also that bolter
>>
>>50354793

Thats 10 year olds tier. Thats honestly not something you ever want to confess to anybody as a semi-adult, even anonymously.
>>
>>50354809
I dont want to fuck arount with airbrush that i just got on something that i care about
>>
>>50354773
Maybe find a way to break up the reddish hues, red/brown/coppery gold tend to run together at a dustance.
>>
>>50354768
Yeah, now it looks like after you put enough effort, you get practically infity quality.
>>
>>50354833
>>50354868

i fucked up, refer to >>50354797
>>
>People are unironically believing anonymous rumours started on 4chan with no images
Explain this?
>>
Hey /tg/. I got a friend who is huge into RP. And he want to try warhammer. Problem is where shoud i start him? He expreses interest in tau. Problem is that i dont know anything about space blue comunists. Any good place to start?
>>
>>50354914

I want to believe Games Workshop will make Chaos great again.
>>
>>50354914
>People
>4Chan
satisfied?
>>
>>50354920
Tell him to go read the lore for everyone and pick the faction he likes the most/hates the least.
>>
>>50354933
He read up upon everyone. But he is too of a good guy so he is into tau because they are "good".
>>
>>50354929
>satisfied?
No. Because it's on other sites as well. I called the guy out yesterday and now I'm up and shits plastered all over the net.

>>50354922
If you 'had the book' would you leak the psychic powers or Magnus's stats? That shit doesnt even have to be translated.
>>
>>50354807

Thanks! I had trouble with faces, too, but a small brush helps. All I did on that was base it, wash it, and highlight, but I think it might be a little too bright.

The bolter was also really easy. All I did was edge it with grey then silver after I was done with the colors.

>>50354831

How do you mean? The scheme is supposed to be Order of the Bloody Rose.
>>
>>50354920
>>50354951

Get him the Tau codex and the Kauyoun books for Christmas.
>>
>>50354951

No one in 40k is "Good"
>>
>>50354920
>>50354951
Sounds like you should get him into a 40k RPG before the tabletop.
>>
>>50354337
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

There's an FAQ/ Errata been posted 22/11/16, I don't know if it's a rehash or not
>>
>>50354968

I would if I were a shiteating troll who wants to make /tg/ squirm for a week.
>>
>>50354980
To be honest iam planing some dark heresy with him. And get him some books for chrismass. he is too busy to build and paint his army.
>>
File: ex.png (9KB, 708x159px) Image search: [Google]
ex.png
9KB, 708x159px
>>50354984

the link to the errata site has the updated FAQ on it. It's good
>>
>>50354984

16 pages? Why can't Games Workshop just sell me a Google Home servobot that will just lecture me on how to play the game? I already had enough trouble memorizing the basic rulebook!
>>
>>50354976
IIRC they usually feature blood red armour, black cloaks with white linings and black weapons.

While you are free to tweak the scheme I just think you'll lose *pop* seen at a distance.
>>
>>50354979

Morally Good Tier:

>The Emperor
>Malcador
>Knights Errant
>Custodes
>Ultramarines (except for Sidonus)
>Raven Guard
>Salamanders
>The Lamenters
>Star Phantoms
>Gabriel Angelos and his Blood Ravens loyalists
>Farseer Eldrad
>Commander Farsight and friends

I'm probably forgetting some.
>>
>>50354977
You don't need Kauyon, only thing it has that the Codex doesn't is Tidewalls. And you can just get Planetary Onslaught for those.

Mont'ka, on the otherhand...
>>
>>50355134

whoops I meant Star Crusaders or whoever went kamikaze on the Oldcron Death Star.
>>
>>50355134
>No eldar
Eldar masterace
>>
File: brose.jpg (96KB, 610x880px) Image search: [Google]
brose.jpg
96KB, 610x880px
>>50355104

The original did, yea, though I think the C:WH entry is slightly different.

I guess I could go up to white on the icons, and then up the highlight trim on the robes to a proper white as well.
>>
>>50355134
>Star Phantoms
>Morally good

>"These warriors have gained a reputation for being indiscriminate in their use of the firepower at their disposal, inflicting massive collateral damage, to the point where the Lord Solar Macharius himself is said to have stated that the Chapter was "Unsuitable for tactical close support of other Imperial Units"

They also belive civilian casualties from collateral damage is the Emperors will.
>>
>>50355182
It's your army, I'm infamous on WIP for showing colour theory and "proper" use of contrast down people's throats.
>>
>>50355221
Show me units painted as though deployed during night ops.
>>
>>50355221

If I sounded defensive, I didn't mean it. I'm legitimately open to ideas for improvements.
>>
>>50355221
Shoving*
>>
>>50355242

Prime black then turn off the lights

:^)
>>
>>50355274
The changes sound solid, ive said mine, past one am here and I've 7 hours of extended first aid course tomorrow
>>
>>50355282
Adjusting the lights is cheating. So is setting up a background. Pull it of with only color theory and basing.
>>
>>50355303

Ah, alright man. Just did that myself. Have fun lol
>>
>>50354337
Sup /tg/, I posted in the 40k general a couple of days ago saying I was debating quitting and selling my Orks, as I hadn't had fun with 40k for a while, as I felt that I was going through the motions whenever i played.

I realized today what the issue is- 40k has no tactics beyond basic competency. There is no way to make a great tactical maneuver in 40k, there is only normal (good) decisions and mistakes. That's why the game had gotten so boring. Once you can either do mental math or simply get a good level of intuition, you should never make a bad play.

The whole game system is designed with so many factors that encourage there being no brilliant tactical decisions, just normal behavior and mistakes. The ability to decide what your units do without any interaction from your opponent, the randomization of so many unnecessary factors, all of it just makes the game play itself.

This makes the game, assuming both people have experience, be decided in the listbuilding phase. Combined with the massive imbalances in factions, it makes games predictable from deployment the vast majority of the time.

Thoughts /tg/? Anyone want to buy an Ork army?
>>
>>50355473
You're doing it wrong.
Pick-up games at X point value are good and all but you sound like you need narrative missions. Building to defend X objective, Hold X point at the end of turn Y etc are vastly more interesting. That said even kill points can be interesting unless your opponents constantly run the same tactics and list, Deep Strike and Monster lists are especially tactical and make for enjoyable matches
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (427KB, 1051x979px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
427KB, 1051x979px
Thoughts?

Technically still legal
>>
>>50355473

You're playing a game that can be decided at the 30k or 40k level with monetary investments. You can make the fluffiest HH Legion army you could possibly make within a $300 budget and all I have to do is drop a $500 Mastadon on your face. Sounds more like >>50355572 + need to find friends who will play this way.
>>
>>50355473
Just find someone to play with who's willing to gimp their army for the sake of fun. You have to fall back on tactics when you're not able to optimize before the game is played.
>>
>>50355590
>You can make the fluffiest HH Legion army you could possibly make within a $300 budget and all I have to do is drop a $500 Mastadon on your face

Yeah but who the fuck would want to play you? Seems like you'd be the one missing out on the fun.
>>
>>50355473
You live in Seattle?
My T-Son army will fight you
>>
>>50355615

'My fun' isn't whats on trial here. Whats on trial is 'your fun'. The problem is you're playing me, some WAAC asshole, when you need to play with other people who are willing to game as intended.
>>
Pics of new 1K Sons models? Showing my buddy, he wanted to start chaos as his first but got discouraged til now
>>
>>50355649

Its in the last thread towards the end of it.
>>
File: UoJEOQ1.jpg (66KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
UoJEOQ1.jpg
66KB, 1200x675px
>>50354546
If you posted that picture in the WIP thread looking for advice, I don't blame them for criticizing you. It's far too zoomed out to show any detail other than just colored blobs. You can get good results with a cell phone camera, like this model I painted for a friend. Didn't break out for a lightbox or anything but it's clearly visible.
>>
>>50355590
But Mastodons are shit and are actively worse than literally anything else you could have stated
>>
>>50355683
Whats that model?
>>
>>50355692

I CAN DROP A MASTADON ON YOUR FACE
>>
File: IMG_4098.jpg (618KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4098.jpg
618KB, 852x1136px
>>50354546
Agreeing with >>50355683 here. I took this picture using the lid of my wet palette as a backdrop, angling it correctly against my desk lamp, and snapping the picture with my phone.
>>
File: GrenadierLightbox.png (1000KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
GrenadierLightbox.png
1000KB, 1200x675px
>>50355683
That being said, a lightbox can really help when taking pictures of models, just need multiple sources of light. Pardon the cat hair, got two of the little fuzzy jerks and they like getting it everywhere.
>>
Should I have the last 3 guys in my pathfinder squad have Ion Rifles or Rail Rifles?
>>
>>50355756
Rail
>>
>>50355756

Why not both (with the gift of magnets)?
>>
File: kharn-the-betrayer-art-7.jpg (172KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
kharn-the-betrayer-art-7.jpg
172KB, 500x728px
So what do you guys think the chances are of us getting better Bezerkers in the new book? Also I hope the 48 Bezerkers I bought don't get outdated by new models in a month.
>>
>>50355756
As much as I like the model of both (Rail Rifle is my preferred), you'll probably never use anything but markerlights with Pathfinders outside of kill team matches. That is, if you're going for WYSIWYG. Otherwise, rule of cool it.
>>
>tfw have a Raptor with dual Lightning Claws, another with a Plasma Pistol and both my CSM Champions have Plasma Pistols too
Why are the pretty weapons so shit? I don't want to start hacking arms off but being 4 models away from 1500 point WYSIWYG passes me off
>>
File: Medic.png (4MB, 1600x1797px) Image search: [Google]
Medic.png
4MB, 1600x1797px
>>50355706
A custom Medic I made for a friend as a gift. I used parts from Dreamforge, Victoria and Statuesque miniatures. Here it is unpainted to give you an idea of what parts were used.
>>
>>50355706
It's a kitbash of some sort.
Parts I can identify:
>Cadian torso
>Skitarii Ranger left arm and backpack
>Statuesque or Victoria head (not sure which)
>Witch Hunter right arm

Parts I'm unsure on:
>Legs of indeterminate origin, but the plate and tabard are definitely greenstuff from how crooked it is
>Assassin base?
>Servoskulls are all the same

>>50355683 confirm?
>>
>>50355766
World Eaters are gonna give us some kind of Khorne fun and CSM don't get more Khorne than Bezerkers/Kharn
>>
>>50355791
>>50355796
Thanks
>>
>>50355802
It's gonna be annoying as hell when the world eaters chapter tactics don't roll over to KDK
>>
>>50355796
Close. The plate and tabard are from Dreamforge Valkir, the legs are from Anvil Industries, the shotgun arm is Victoria Miniatures, base was 32mm custom made from terrain kit bits and the servo skull was made from Scion bits.
>>
File: WE_Red_Butchers_Terminator.jpg (444KB, 635x897px) Image search: [Google]
WE_Red_Butchers_Terminator.jpg
444KB, 635x897px
>>50355802
I wonder if we'll get the Red Butchers. I'd love to paint those.
>>
File: 109789523521351.png (242KB, 825x606px) Image search: [Google]
109789523521351.png
242KB, 825x606px
Soviet Marines from last thread.

To be properly soviet:

>come from frozen hellhole of planet
>drink lots of vodka
>decent sized industrial base but with relatively low tech, focused on mass production
>entire homeworld is centrally planned totalitarian war machine, controlled by Chapter Master with assistance from council consisting of ranking chapter officials and ordinary human leaders
>ordinary humans handle most of the bureaucracy
>chapter master is a puppet of the chief librarian secretary-general

(1/2)
>>
File: IMG_2361.jpg (3MB, 1672x1150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2361.jpg
3MB, 1672x1150px
Who is the best fighter out of the primarchs?

Angron
Sanguinius
Fulgrim
>>
>>50355860
>Play an obvious lame duck faction that exists only to give updated bloodthirsters to demons, and make mono-khorne demons viable

>Surprised it's a lame duck faction.
>>
>>50355874
>paint them
>run them under whatever the fuck rules you fancy
>????
>Profit
They're YOUR DUDES
>>
File: IMG_2858.jpg (90KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2858.jpg
90KB, 500x714px
Posting
>>
>>50355874
How about you play 30k? Crazy idea!
>>
>>50355956

Sanguinius solo'd half of the World Eaters legion and two Greater Daemons. Nothing really tops that as far as feats of combat go in the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>50355965
I suppose. I already run my 'Zerkers, Kharn and the rest in Pre-Heresy colors. I guess I'm just hoping they'll be cooler than just normal vanilla Termies. They seem too cool to use the basic rules.
>>
>>50355995
still got his ass beat by daddys boy
>>
>>50355987
Friends all play normal 40k and start foaming at the mouth when I mention Forge World.
>>
>>50356010

After running the Primarch version of NInja Warrior, he caused a glancing hit on Horus which reduced him down to 1 wound. Thats still pretty fucking good.
>>
>>50356008
Could always use a few bare-handed as counts-for Mutilators/Obliterators I guess?
>>
>>50355956
Pre-Heresy its Horus or Sanguinius.

Angron fails when he cant just overpower like against Russ, whilst Fulgrim is just a duelist.
>>
>>50355968
Goddamn fag, you need to make it 40k related. Do it for fucking 40k characters.
>>
>>50355995
Horus blew him the fuck out, but to be fair he was juiced up on all four of the Chaos gods' demon spunk at once.

Angron DID butcher an entire planet's population in one night though. He's probably physically stronger and more angry than Sanguinius but would still lose due to just not thinking during a fight.
>>
>>50355927

>combat doctrine: massed assaults, quantity over quality, numbers based warfare
>follows codex size, uses "Proletarian Guard" planetary defense force as additional cannon fodder
>if chapter gets too large, extra geneseed is kept in storage and reproduced via test-slaves, a process stolen from the mechanicus, ensuring chapter can always replenish numbers
>recruits and chapter serfs chosen from Proletarian Guard

>tactical marines fight on foot, by the numbers
>marines start as tactical, scout and devastator duty is for veterans, and specialize in lascannon and long-las sniper teams
>vehicle output consists of massed predator battle tanks and whirlwind rocket artillery'
>special cossack company use bikes and land speeders as scouts for artillery
>most special weapons are mass produced heavy bolters and flamers, cheap and reliable
>dreadnoughts, terminator armor, aircraft and grav weapons are exceedingly rare

>frequently take heavy casualties
>destroy all supplies not needed for Astartes to operate, friend or foe if possible
>train to survive in extreme conditions, Astartes biology allows them to survive for extended periods of time with little to no food, cannibalize fallen Proletarian Guard if necessary
>disliked by other Imperial Forces for their scorched earth tactics
>>
>>50356058
I'd say Angron could overpower Sanguinius. If only because Sanguinius would be trying to stay alive well Angron doesn't give a damn if he dies.
>>
Is the shokk attack gun good? I'm going to add one to my army, il pick it up tomorrow.
>>
>>50356065

Horus had an anime power up and Angron had a buffet that one time. That doesn't count against Sanguinus at all.
>>
December is going to be fun:
If Sisters get a redesign that isn't more nuns in boobplate, I'm buying that.
If TS end up actually good, I'm buying that.
If it's all shit, all just buy more drop pods I guess...
>>
>>50355734

As a fellow deldar player

HOW CAN YOU GET THOSE LINES LIKE THAT, what paint brush are you using are you going back and redoing your mistakes?
>>
Should I play Tau if I can't afford any of those giant fucking missles on legs.
>>
>>50356110
>If Sisters get a redesign that isn't more nuns in boobplate, I'm buying that.
Games Workshop should just ax the Sisters already to spare the fanboys the pain of living with false hope.
>>
>>50356077
>I'd say Angron could overpower Sanguinius.
Well I'd say you're wrong.
>>
File: wew lad.png (82KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
82KB, 736x627px
>>50355766

>buying 48 of those horrible Berserker models
>>
>>50356122

You already got Sisters of Silence, just hold out for a few more months. The only reason SoB players should be bummed out is the value of their all metal armies from the 90s are about to drop in value by like 75% because plastic bolter bitches will be the new rage.
>>
>>50356130
Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. There's no actual way to prove either side.
>>
>>50356120
Sure. Fire Warriors are good, Devilfish are good, Hammerheads are good, Pathfinders... are okay, Crisis suits are fantastic. You don't have to use anything bigger than a Crisis suit to win. My list only has one Ghostkeel, not in an OSC, and I do fine.
>>
>>50354540

Buying second hand and casting. I've never paid full price for a GW model.
>>
>>50356110
>not wanting nude nuns with big guns

anon are you fucking gay
>>
>>50356140
>You already got Sisters of Silence
Woah there pal, who said I was a Sisters fanboy?
>>
File: 1407100809000.jpg (86KB, 617x533px) Image search: [Google]
1407100809000.jpg
86KB, 617x533px
>>50356110

>if sisters get a redesign that makes them nothing like sisters, I will buy them
>>
>>50356139
Well I mean if you wanna play Berserkers what other option did you have?

A lot if you're willing to convert actually but I'm assuming he didn't.
>>
>>50356147

If his friend is committed, he should just buy the upcoming Tau box. It'll give him everything he needs.
>>
>>50355956
I believe Angron beats Fulgrim due to number of attacks, Horus beats both of them and Sanguinius is up in the air until he gets stats.
>>
>>50356122
They've been giving so many sub-factions codices lately that I would expect Squats to come back before another faction save for Slannesh gets squated.
>>
>>50356153

You will be once you get a taste of that brand new plastic armored pussy.
>>
>>50356122
That's basically what they're already doing with them, they're being put in to 'codex: other' with all the other less-than-a-real-army's.
>>
>>50356161
Nah, didn't convert. Although the other day an anon showed me pic related and now I sort of regret it. No matter though, I'm hopeful that some tasty World Eaters rules will make it all worth it.
>>
>>50356152
desu I'd rather have black templars with vaginas
>>
>>50356113
Windsor Newton Kolinsky Sable Series 7, Size 1. I will NEVER go back to any other brand except maybe Citadel for base/drybrushes. That damn size 1 can be used to basecoat, edge highlight, and freehand like a motherfucker.

Paint recipe is Abbadon Black base, Incubi Darkness FAT highlight on edges, Coelia Greenshade, slightly above average thickness edge highlight of Kabalite Green, and regular edge highlight of Sybarite Green, and then to do the sharpest tips I'm using Hellion Green right now, but I believe the non-drybrush equivalent is Gauss Blaster Green which I intend to pick up tomorrow, or so. Currently thinning down Hellion Green to make it semi-viscous.
>>
>>50356153
Why wouldn't you be?
It's all just women in armour isn't it?
>>
>>50354637
>>
>>50355956
>that fully solid breastplate on the marine next to Angron

I fucking love that style of power armor. What mark is it and can I buy a shitload of them somewhere?
>>
>>50356185

You say that now. But watch that codex get loaded with FOTM 500 pt formations that will become all the allied detachment favorites until 8th edition.
>>
>>50356202
Do you have any other sizes you use?
>>
>>50356183
>>50356204
I don't let my dick decide what 40k faction is my favorite.
>>
>>50356198
Oh damn those are nice. Personally if I ran berserkers I'd just get the WE conversion kits and axes from FW or a bitz site since I can't stand how goofy GW's stock zerkers look. Their posing is just retarded, especially on the legs.
>>
>>50356215
It's MK IV. You can get 30 in a Betrayal at Calth box or buy them for way too much money from FW.
>>
File: 1237274196742.jpg (191KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1237274196742.jpg
191KB, 1280x800px
>>50356232

>extreme violence doesn't turn him on
>>
File: 6165161511.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
6165161511.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>50356222
Not yet. Only bought the size 1 because I was fucking tired of my other shit brushes. I plan to get maybe a size 0 for tight spaces.

Here's a pic of the Venom with only the Incubi Darkness and Coelia on it.
>>
>>50356232
Then why the fuck play sisters instead of a real army? Have some self respect.
>>
>>50356215
IV. Betrayal at Calth.
>>
>>50356147
What about kroot and the bug things?

>>50356164
What would be the contents of that?
>>
>>50356120
You mean the broadsides with HYMP or the Stormsurge?
>>
>>50356160
Not that it's actually related to your post, but I'm planning to build a Skitarii force done up to look like the Radio Noise Project, led by the Railgun.

Please talk me out of this great idea.
>>
>>50356251
>Then why the fuck play sisters instead of a real army?
I don't play sisters, dipshit. I've been saying that this whole time.
>>
Selling all my orks to buy thousand sons

hope they wont be shit
>>
>>50356255
Kroot are just kinda there to tie up their troops while you fire at them with the fire warriors, and vespids aren't that great.
>>
>>50356259
Stormsurge
>>
>>50356255
>Vespid
Bad, period. They CAN work in Kill Team, but they're just bad in the real game.

Kroot have some utility as a gun line, cheap snipers, or a wall of flesh to protect your big and immobile stuff.
>>
>>50356279
At least they'll be better than Orks.
>>
>>50354637
>>50354637
I want it with some fancy explanation please
>>
>>50356279

Surely you can't be so poor that you have to ditch your whole army on fleabay for a measly $100 because thats all its worth right now.
>>
>>50356267
Then why does it fucking matter to you if they are still battle nuns? Literal SJW logic, leave my board pls.
>>
>>50354337
hmm
>>
>>50356283
Alright neat, should I lean towards 6th or 7th for friendly play?

>>50356290
So a few wouldn't hurt?
>>
File: 52a.jpg (21KB, 604x499px) Image search: [Google]
52a.jpg
21KB, 604x499px
>>50356110
mw Agents codex includes the Sister's domina pattern drop pods that can be used with allies.
>>
>>50356296
I got about $700, but thats still around a 50% loss
>>
>>50356309
7th
>>
>>50356303
>Then why does it fucking matter to you if they are still battle nuns?
Dear fucking god, have you even read the post chain? I think they should get the ax so the fanboys don't have to live with false hope anymore. I do not give one fucking shit about what they look like.
>>
>>50356245
>>50356254
Thanks anons. I'm really considering buying this JUST for the power armor.

What have I become?
>>
>>50356279
Wait for the rules. Dear god its a chaos supplement learn the lesson already.
>>
>>50356318
Now you're just triggering my autism, normie pls go
>>
>>50356317
Cool, thanks anon
>>
>>50356303
>/tg/ is one person
god you're retarded
t. anon who brought up Sisters
>>
>>50356309
No, not at all. I plan on fielding a unit of 20 to bubblewrap the front and sides of my tank unit. 72" guns on the kinds of boards we field = no real need to get into combat fast, so I can move the whole block 6" at a time without a problem.

Now, making ALL of your troops Kroot? Bad idea. I don't even recommend a unit of 20, just get 10 with sniper rounds. I just have a lot of table space to cover with mine.
>>
>>50356329
This.
>>
>>50356319
It's a pretty good deal and you can Ebay the other stuff you don't want for decent money. I've been using them in my CSM armies along with the new MK III armor. It looks much better than the shitty CSM models.
>>
>>50356289
Well then Missilesides are great. A missile Tau cadre is a happy Tau cadre.
>>
>>50356342
Yea dude?
>>
>>50356318
If you don't care what they look like why the fuck are you bitching about what they look like?

Don't play sisters if you don't like it.
>>
>>50356292
see
>>50354797
>>
>>50356251
>>50356303
>>50356372
Man, people who can't follow a reply chain should be shot before they pollute the gene pool.
>>
>>50356348
>>50356363
You did good anons. One more question. Any recommendations for a good colour scheme?
>>
>>50356329
>1000 suppliments
>all of them STILL building off the same, old, dogshit codex
All we ever wanted was an update.
>>
>>50356396
Farsight enclave or Vior'la
>>
>>50356405
8th edition is round the corned. NOBODY wants an updated codex now before the new rulebook hits home.
>>
Is it a safe bet running thousand sons as allies of chaos demons if they aren't that good, I love the models do I still wanna run them even if they are mediocre or bad.
>>
>>50356387
Yea? And faggots who complain about an army they don't care about need to be euthanized.
>>
>>50356387
We're not the ones bitching about imaginary women, my dude.
>>
>>50356409
>Vior'la
That's damn pretty. Thanks.
>>
anyone got a high quality copy of the tyranid codex i can throw on my phone to show someone the basics of how to into warhammer
>>
>>50355134
>>Raven Guard
I'm reading some of the heresy RG books, and I really like it how Corax feels bad about stuff and knows (and worries) about his failings.

He's a really cool guy, I understand why he leaves after all the tiring shit he has to go through.
>>
>>50356396
dark, dark blue/nuln oil, with some pale yellow "spotlights" picking them out of the darkness.
>>
>>50356266

Do it.
>>
>>50354540
I generally save up and buy from a third party. My flgs generally does like 15-20% off.
And I like the lore slightly more than I like history.
>>
>>50356419
I wish they'd just come out and tell us what they plan to release in the next year. As much as I like sitting around bitching about CSM I'd love to know that they actually plan to not leave us out in the cold. I'm pleased that we're getting the new supplement, but would it be so difficult to tell us what's in it? The rumor mill is fun to read, but I'd like to not be left guessing.
>>
Anybody out there run a Nurgle Daemons list? Any advice would be appreciated. All I know is Iron Arm on Great Unclean One is bananas.

Marching Plaugebearers across the board as a horde w/ feel no pain with a herald? Or Deep Strike them in?
>>
>>50356424
Since when do you have to like EVERYTHING about an army to care about them?
I like Spess Mahrens but I don't like their vehicles.
I like Daemons but I don't like Khorne-centric lists.
Why does someone have to like the design of a model if they like the themes and lore much better?
>>
File: large.gif (2MB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
2MB, 500x213px
>>50356442
nevermind i forgot it was in the OP
>>
>>50354603
Depending on which one it is, and if it is in decent shape, I'd say so. But them I'm the type that likes to have the physical copy of everything I play.
>>
>>50356494
Stupid shitposter.

Try following the post chain before you reply to a post you know nothing about.
>>
>>50356483

when in doubt, fluff it out.
>>
Does having multiple officers of the fleet stack?
>>
>>50356526
I can read just fine:
>one anon wants Sisters minus boobplate
>another anon wants Sisters squated
>retard comes to the conclusion that both are the same person
>nonsense ensues regarding criticizing an army you don't play
>>
>>50355134
The Emperor.

lol
>>
>>50356483
Infiltrate nurglings forward for cover saves
Take plague drones with iconss to fly up field for accurate summons and deep strikes
Summon plaguebarers then deepstrike your plaguebearers
Use a musician on one of your deep striking units to make sure GUO comes in turn 2
>>
>>50356460
There goes my last escape. Unfortunately the Tokiwadai color scheme isn't particularly distinctive, so I'll probably have to think of ways to get the scheme across. See you in a month or two.
>>
>>50356555
Something about running Ku'gath Plaguefather with a full CAD's troops choices of Nurglings brings a smile to my face.
>>
>>50356593

Prime white
Paint khaki robes and armor plates
Paint boltgun metal on everything else
Draw squiggly lightning blue shit on some stuff
Buy a Biribiri mini for your HQ choice
Done
>>
>>50356586
Roll your Daemon Princes on biomancy, roll your GUO on either biomancy or the curse of the wulfen books powers for Nurgle, and any heralds you have roll on malefic.
>>
>>50356419
>8th edition is round the corner
wait what
>>
>>50356684
Have you not realized there hasnt been a codex update in an entire year? Only supplements, campaign books and codexes to go with new miniatures
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 468x810px
Space yiffs are literally getting blown the fuck out by the T-sons on their own homenworld (again) is there a more Cucked loyalist chapter?
>>
>>50356684
Early next year, plastic sisters at the same time.
>>
>>50356684
The rumor is 8th is sometime next year. 1st or 2nd quarter? I don't remember. Many people fear a sigmarization of the rules but, everyone seems to be excited of the lore pushing ahead..slightly. It's an endless debate on what GW will do.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479835709723.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479835709723.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>50356720
But then there will be no wolves on Fenris
>>
>>50356719
holy shit you're right

>>50356736
>sigmarization of the rules
fucking please no
>>
>>50356765
>sigmarization of the rules
fucking please yes
>>
>>50356765
>>50356775

Nobody wants Sigmarization, but a lot of people want the rules bloat to be cut down significantly. Hopefully GW learned their lesson from what happened initially with Sigmar.
>>
>>50356775
Ok, tau can now shoot in combat :^)

youre welcome :^)))))))))
>>
>>50356765
Last rumors I heard were a push towards warscrolls in 40k in some capacity and a simplification of time-consuming rules, especially psychic phase.
Maintain the depth while speeding up play time is the idea.
>>
>>50356826
i hope so
>>
File: 1462686098575.jpg (677KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1462686098575.jpg
677KB, 1536x2048px
On r/warhammer40k a player posted about winning a tournament with Orkz. He used lots of Ork bikers, deffkoptas, and a stompa. People chalked it up to using Forgeworld. Are Orkz that bad or the players just that bad? I don't see Forgeworld as a problem at a tournament.
>>
>>50356848
>Forgeworld is broken

when will this meme fucking die already
>>
>>50356848
>Orks win something
>Immediate reaction is to invalidate it
Fucking really?
Especially what >>50356853 says
>>
Purchased my tickets for LVO
Anyone else going?
>>
>>50356848

Players are just that bad. One of the best players I know uses Orks, and has beaten armies that should have annihilated him.
>>
>>50356848
THEY'RE BAD
>>
>>50356753
The Tau Empire will happily accept Fenrisese refugees, just as we have many other abhumans and mutants persecuted by the ignoble "Emperor of Mankind."
>>
>>50356848
Most places ban forge world as it's not games workshop products.

Lots of the stuff they produce has weird, long outdated but still 'technically' legal rules doesn't help. Wasn't there someloop in their Prk rules that allowed you to take a stomps at a discount?
>>
>>50356848

Discussing WH40k in terms of tournament gameplay is an exercise in futility. Nobody wants their WAACfaggotry invalidated.
>>
>>50356043
heh, I'd watch that shit
>>
>>50356905

On the flip side of the argument, Forgeworld products offers an avenue to make weak armies viable.
>>
>>50356848
Orks being bad is actually just a meme. They're a pretty solid mid-tier army.

ITC stats has them consistently come out at mid-tier in tourniments.
>>
>>50356925

>the Chaos gods were watching with butts clenched as Sanguinus barreled through every obstacle course to the final stage
>>
File: 600px_Killskata.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px_Killskata.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>50349928
>WEAPONS
>Q: Can you clarify the use of a weapon as both a ranged and a melee weapon in the same turn?
>A: A weapon that can be used as a ranged and a melee weapon can be used as both in the same turn unless specifically noted otherwise

So why wouldn't they just include that this applies to burnas? What harm would this actually do?
>>
>>50356935
That's what I'm thinking the only Ork player I know does really well most matches at the shop.
>>
>>50354487
>How to paint Death Korps: a Forge World publication ($125.99)
>>
>>50355473
Play 5th edition and krump dem humies in the Assault phase
>>
>>50356949
>WAAC fag Orks want a flamer AND a power sword for their 15 points
Jesus Christ, it's bad enough we had to make them two-handed and ristrict them so only two units in the entire codex could use them but we were so afraid of your s3, I2 power sword boyz me made sure they could only use one profile a turn.

You can't have your cake and and eat it!
>>
File: Boobs.jpg (16KB, 496x364px) Image search: [Google]
Boobs.jpg
16KB, 496x364px
Hi anons.
Have some boobs.

Nao, does anyone know if Officers of the Fleet stack?
I always assumed they do, but recently played against a competitive type and was told they don't.
Anyone got a ruling?
>>
>>50357014
Those look pretty stacked.
>>
Have there been any rumours on the upcoming rules for the Thousand Sons stuff? Excited for the models but imma be pissed if they're trash.
>>
>>50354396
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/40K_The_Rules_v1.2_Nov16.pdf
Q: How does a power that targets ‘the Psyker’ but not his unit
work on a unit with Brotherhood of Psykers? If, for example,
a Wyrdvane Psyker squad casts Iron Arm, does one model
nominated as ‘the caster’ receive the benefits?
A: The power applies to all ‘Brotherhood of Psykers’
models in the unit.

I see the possibility for shenanigans here, in the best of ways.
>>
>>50357047
All I've seen so far is a new set of Tzeench psychic powers. One of which lets you decide the result of a single roll in that turn.
>>
>>50357064
If only grey knights got access to Biomancy.
>>
has anyone ran the lost and the damned cultist formation from the traitors hate book?

Thought it might be fun to build an army around that formation just not are what would be best?
>>
File: 99060105173_PsykersNEW01.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99060105173_PsykersNEW01.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>50357064
>S6 T6 I6 A4
>Best Wyrdvanes
>>
File: 20161120_191938.jpg (348KB, 864x678px) Image search: [Google]
20161120_191938.jpg
348KB, 864x678px
>50355896
>should I play tau-

No
>>
>>50357196
>>50355896, that is
>>
>>50356942
I can just hear the announcer screaming in Japanese while the Chaos Gods lose it
>>
>>50355134
Aren't the Doom Eagles concerned with preventing others from suffering?
>>
>>50356848
That's the right way to run orks in a competitive scene. You attach warbosses to the deffkoptas, even though that sounds stupid.

>>50356935
And using my house rules, space marines lose most games.
>>
So that leak from the other day may be legit according to B&C.
>>
>>50356568
>>50357014

Yes they stack.
>>
>>50357259
>deffkoptas
I don't understand this meme, aren't they just shiitty hipster bikers?
>>
>>50356905
>Most places ban forge world as it's not games workshop products.

That's like saying you won't allow somebody to drive a GMC because it's not a Chevy.
>>
File: TS-Rubrics2.jpg (340KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
TS-Rubrics2.jpg
340KB, 700x621px
Well /tg/, how much Thousand Sons stuff will you be buying? I have a hefty Chaos army as it stands, including 18 Thousand Sons' already. For the new stuff, I'll be buying the following:

2 x Rubric Marines
1 x Scarab Occult / Rubric Termies
2 x Tzaangors
1 x Exalted Sorcerors
1 x Ahriman
1 x Magnus
>>
>>50357305
Tl rokkits are nice considering ork BS
>>
>>50357318
I'll be waiting for the Grand Cult Detatchment to come out because I'm not an idiot.
>>
is there not a cheaper way top get involved in warhammer 40k? spending as much necessary for a competent army at around 1850 seems to be incredibly expensive
>>
>>50357333
Anon, obviously if the rules are garbage, I wont get a lot of it (but some of them are so pretty that I'll have to). But its HIGHLY unlikely the new gw is going to put out garbage rules for this stuff. If anything, they'll be op. Dont be a fgt anon.
>>
>>50357318
>Well /tg/, how much Thousand Sons stuff will you be buying?
None.
>>
>>50357352
Depends what you think "incredibly expensive" is. But $200 on the second hand market should be able to get you a lot. Add another $100 of rounding out your force and you should be able to have the army you want.
>>
>>50357354
Doesn't matter if they're good or shit.
No reason to get 4x squads of rubrics if the detatchment only wants 3.
Probably will require more Tzaangors than 2.

Use your brain?
>>
>>50357352
>$300 for an army that'll last years
>lol I preorder 2-3 $60 game every month from Gamestop

Which is actually expensive?
>>
File: Cultist of Tzeentch.jpg (136KB, 1024x922px) Image search: [Google]
Cultist of Tzeentch.jpg
136KB, 1024x922px
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have pictures of human Tzeentch cultists?
>>
>>50355572
Those missions still play themselves. I just raises the bar of skill to avoid making a shit move.
>>50355620
State college, PA.
>>50355591
My point is that there is no tactics in 40k, there is just randomization and list building. There is explictly a 'right' move to make the vasst majority of the time. There is no way to make a 'brilliant tactical maneuver' or the like. it doesn't mater if i'm a strategic fucking wizard, the game just comes down to dice rolls and lists.
>>50357004
Hey, shit was better back then, when Nobz were strong. Still, there problem still doesn't get fixed- there is still no way to out-skill/play people if both people are playing well.
>>
>>50357389
Maybe I want the new models for the Rubrics (especially considering the new weapons in the kit that were not previously avialble)? And maybe I'll fill in more Tzaangors as needed? Use your... no, obviously you dont have a brain. Just a second Vagina.
>>
>>50357428
If you're ever in Philly go to RedCapsCorner on Thursday evenings.

Really good group of guys there
>>
File: Untitled.png (99KB, 758x278px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
99KB, 758x278px
Well GW, which is it?
>>
^ ^
You really should kill yourself.

Have a (you)
>>
File: 1476745075557.jpg (253KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476745075557.jpg
253KB, 500x500px
>>50357318
None, that would be heresy.
>>
>>50357143
Can you just imagine this on the actual battlefield?

>be me, Atrricar the Defiler of the Black Legion
>lead a task force to raid a Hive World owned by a Rogue Trader for a valuable relic he has stashed in his armory
>drop from the sky in glorious daemon-pods while our fleet terrorizes and cripples the planetary defenses
>lead my squad of Chosen onto the battlefield, dispatching the green PDF and House troops with unholy Boltgun and malefic Chainsword with contemptuous ease
>Enemy reinforcements arrive in a Chimera, barely manage to disembark before Brother Ventros blows the Chimera to the Warp with a blast from his Meltagun
>It's a Commissar leading a pack of pathetic witches they call Wyrdvanes - little more than scrawny old men stuffed into a uniform with sunken eyes and leaning against staves as if they'll collapse
>All I am surrounded by is fear, and dead men
>Raise my boltgun to dispatch the pathetic weaklings in the name of the Warmaster, my brothers do the same
>Suddenly they drop their staves
>The air crackles with Warp-energy, and their eyes begin to glow
>My Chosen pour Bolts into the group of psykers, but it is too late
>While one of them is annihilated in a hail of bolts, the others emerge somehow unscathed from wounds that would have killed Astartes
>Their uniforms bulge with rippled muscles, and they charge towards us with an inhuman speed and ferocity
>Brother Noval raises his chainsword to shred one of the witches, but his skull is caved in with a single punch from the elderly Psyker, who is screaming incoherently
>Brother Ventros manages to obliterate one of them with his Meltagun, but suddenly another reaches behind him and tears both of his arms clean off and begin to beat him to death with them
>Fourth Psyker lifts the wreckage of the Chimera and hurls at Thiticus and Mortos, both of whom are crushed beneath it
>Last thing I see as my hearts are ripped from my chest is the terrified face of the Commissar at the butchery before him.
>>
>>50357480
Retcon of a retcon is perfectly normal and has happened before. Since this is not Quran you can easily determine that the "standing" interpretation is the latest one.
>>
>>50357480

the one in the official one on the website under OFFICIAL FAQs and not the draft on facebook
>>
File: sneaky laywer.jpg (24KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky laywer.jpg
24KB, 300x470px
>>50357407
>>
>>50357318

3 x Rubric Marines
4 x Scarab Occult / Rubric Termies
2 x Tzaangors
1 x Exalted Sorcerors
1 x Ahriman
>>
>>50357501
What the flying fuck is happened with Scooby Doo?
>>
>>50357441
And it will be fucking gushing when I see your bloated rubric list get charged by purestrains because you shot your load too early buying models before even finding out the rules.
>>
File: 1323830367134.jpg (199KB, 519x497px) Image search: [Google]
1323830367134.jpg
199KB, 519x497px
>>50357405

>no paints
>no brushes
>no primers
>no armybooks
>no goodboy points on asking dad for a ride to the local GW
>>
>>50357569

>dad

Just play Dawn of War 1 for the next few years until you grow up, get a job, and get the disposable income required to burn on this hobby. Preferably after you work a part time job in your senior year and start investing in your 401k.
>>
>>50357562
Dude, that show jumped the shark like ten years ago, and it jumped it wearing nothing but Daisy Duke's and the American Flag on a four-wheeler driving at 200mph.
>>
>>50357318
Already have 18 Rubricae and Ahriman, so I think I'll start with:
2x Dice
1x Wrath of Magnus
1xExalted Sorcerers
1x Scarab Occult (Maybe)

Need to see what the rules are like and what exactly Traitor Legions ends up being.
>>
>>50357617
...Am I old, anon?
>>
>>50357566
Jeez anon, its like you didnt read the part where I mentioned I'd amend things if the rules sucked. Not only that, its like you think I'm going to drop CSM's after 20 years just because of some more shit rules. Either way, I'll be buying TS's, but I'll probably be buying what I listed unless the rules are just like the worst ever. But you'll still be a double vagina fgt either way.

>>50357550
Now this guy gets it! 20 Termies! Thats hard core! Good on you! You think those blades they are carrying will be crazy good in close combat?
>>
>>50357640

More like your tastes are old. Your affinity for Scooby Doo should have ended on a sweet note with the live action porno.
>>
>>50357352
>he fell for the buying an entire 1850 point army at once meme
Just buy it in pieces. Basic hobby supplies and a Start Collecting will set you back ~$100-125, and that will take a month or more to deal with. Then just save up for another box kit to buy whenever you finish what you already have.
>>
>>50357619
I was thinking about getting 2x dice too XD . I'm a sucker for that stuff. Why no Magnus himself? Too much or just too big?
>>
>>50357661

Nobody over the age of 13 buys 1850 points at once without ever playing a game.
>>
>>50357666

Not that fag but Magnus falls into the category of models which are so detail-rich I'm better off commissioning someone to paint it for me instead.
>>
>>50357318

2 Rubric Termies + probably 10 Rotor cannons from FW with maybe a Contemptor

Already have 72 Rubrics so this will finish of the last 9 for 81 rubrics + an HQ and then it's support for my insanity. If only they had Rubric Dreads instead of shitty insan-o hellbrutes
>>
>>50357318
2x Rubric Marines
1x Scarab Occult
1x Exalted Sorcerers
1x Ahriman
2x Magnus
>>
>>50355473
>didn't get enough responses the last time I claimed to be too much of a genius for 40k
Let's be serious, you aren't playing a perfect game of 40k every time. Hell, I doubt it's even a significant portion of the time.

I totally agree that too much of 40k is decided during the list-building phase (largely due to imbalance).
>>
>>50357692
>commissioning people to paint for you
>your model has no soul because its just been airbrushed from hell and back
>>
>>50357722
2x Magnus? No Tzanaangors?! What madness is this anon?
>>
File: 1433447599447.jpg (53KB, 498x558px) Image search: [Google]
1433447599447.jpg
53KB, 498x558px
>>50357692
>commissioning someone to paint
But why though? It will never really be your model
>>
>>50357743

If I can like fake tits then I can like models that were painted for me.
>>
>>50357754
>Not buying 3 for all the options
Magnets are for the poor!
>>
File: IMG_20161123_042615_edit.jpg (342KB, 2076x896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161123_042615_edit.jpg
342KB, 2076x896px
Guys, I found those dudes in the cardbox of my brother's 40k Chaos Berserker army. They don't seem to fit very well with the theme of the army, maybe even not in 40k... what are they?
Pic related
>>
>>50357771
You'd need 12 for all options.
>>
>>50357780

not games workshop models.
>>
>friend calculates how many boys it would take to kill Magnus if his stat leaks are true
>It would take 400 boys to deal one wound to him in close combat with his 2++ re-rollable
>>
>>50357771
God damn it anon, I fucking hate magnets. Everyone I play with (myself included from my magnet faze) have shit fall of their models while moving. I'm fucking done with it. I just buy the options I want. I'm sorry, I know I'm a chump... but I just hate magnets now.
>>
>>50357780
i have no idea, but they look really cool
i kinda want them
>>
>>50357787
I made those stats up, don't worry.
>>
>>50357787

If only you could field 2000 boys like a lore battle.
>>
>>50357787
2+ rerollables were a mistake
>>
>>50357758
not really, it's like paying someone to paint your house or cut your grass; it's a luxury.

>>50357787
after seeing some boys struggle to hurt a keeper, i believe it
>>
>>50357783
You mean 6.

Cyclops + Khopesh

One Eye Missing + Khopesh

Mask + Khopesh

Cyclops + Staff

One Eye Missing + Staff

Mask + Staff
>>
>>50357838
>Implying anyone would uses anything but the classic cyclops
Pleb.
>>
>>50357780
Either Warmachine "elves" or something Malifaux. I think the latter, Warmachine has bulkier dudes.
>>
>>50357824
>paying someone to paint your house or cut your grass

Why though? It would never really be your house or grass.

Work and toil are what makes us.
>>
>>50357888
>Jose owns your house
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS AND OUR HOMES
>>
File: b14.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
b14.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>50357888
>Why though? It would never really be your house or grass.
>pay somebody to paint your house
>get out fucko this is my house now
>>
>>50357902
When will Duncan teach us to paint our homes so that we may avoid this plight!
DO I DRYBRUSH OR EDGE HIGHLIGHT THE RAFTERS?
>>
File: 1474249131875.jpg (356KB, 960x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1474249131875.jpg
356KB, 960x2000px
>>50357888
I dont think it works that way, but I dont own a house so I cannot comment on laws.
>>
File: 1461969989433.png (522KB, 748x499px) Image search: [Google]
1461969989433.png
522KB, 748x499px
>>50354451
lmao

any camera can take a decent model photo

it takes 10-20 minutes at the most to set up a lightbox you fucking accoustic piece of shit, stop taking offense to people trying to help you
>>
>>50357758
>>50357888
I get it, its nice to have nice things. People (mostly) dont paint the paintings on their wall, right? And having painted models is better than not having painted models, right? Maybe someone seriously just sucks at painting, or hell, they dont even have time to do it ( I get that, I have 2 kids and I paint like 1-2 models a month). Paying to have your models painted, especially the more complex models, makes sense to me.
>>
File: 1419660442007.jpg (129KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1419660442007.jpg
129KB, 500x476px
>>50357952
>accoustic piece of shit
>accoustic
>>
>>50357992
>People (mostly) dont paint the paintings on their wall, right?

Not in Delft.
>>
>>50357888
eh, it's a matter of priority as well. i know more then a few men who either can't paint or lack the time and would rather play then spent a few hours learning a craft
>>
>>50357318
2x rubric marines
1x exalted sorcerers

The models, besides the head, are perfect for conversion

can't fucking wait
>>
>>50358046
You don't want the heads?
I'll take them
>>
>>50357918
Kek
>>
>>50358059
nice try kharn
>>
>>50357566
I just want to point out how much of a fgt this anon is and that no one likes him. Zero fun in his bones.
>>
>>50357797
Are you in Europe? If you pay the shipping they're yours. But I really would like to know what they are.
>>
>>50358147
in canada sadly
i dont like them that much
could take them over to the /wip/ thread, probably someone there who knows what they are
>>
>>50358081
Not Kharn, just a Tzeentch fanboy
>>
Q: Do plasma cannons and other Gets Hot Blast weapons
benefit from rules that allow them to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1?
For example, a Clan Raukaan character wearing the Tempered
Helm nominates a unit of friendly Devastators to re-roll To
Hit rolls of 1 in this Shooting phase. These Devastators are all
equipped with plasma cannons. Do they get to re-roll the Gets
Hot roll if it comes up as 1?

A: Yes

IG can quit bitching now.
>>
>>50356905
No most places don't.
>>
>>50357405
I bought madden 17 and nhl 17 the other day for 60 each and now they are on sale for 30 each. I am still a little butthurt about this
>>50357661
but isnt 1850 the standard for this? Money isnt a huge issue but I do find the game to have a steep entry price. Is there not something more affordable to at least get the experience of the game so I can build over time without investing so much up front?
>>50357371
is there a reliable source for the second hand market not named ebay?
>>
>that reddit general discussing GW's finances
>nobody mentions that GW stores are all franchises or questions the actual operation costs
>franchise fees and over-reporting operation costs are Tax Dodging 101
>>
>>50358225
What points people play is entirely dependent on where you play. If you want to get into wargaming, check your local scene first and see what it's like.
>>
>>50358225
Depends on your scene. Some groups have fun with small 500-750 games, but most people regard 1000-1500 points as high enough to have proper games.
Either way start collecting boxes are a godsend as they finally:
1. provide a discount to the models in the bundle
2. offer everything needed to field an army in a single box
>>
>>50355473
Why not keep your ork army and pick up a new game on the side? There are more options than ever and many don't require a huge investment.

8th ed rules will probably be coming out next year and there is a good chance 8th ed Orks will be coming with it. You would be kicking yourself if the game takes a 180 for the orks. GW has been acting strange as of late. Maybe they'll actually get it right this time for orks.
>>
>>50358303

Not him, but he clearly wants to buy Rubrics brand new from GW. And that shit is expensive, unless GW decides to release an army box.
>>
>>50356279
Same. I might even pick up the limited edition of Wrath of Magnus for the objective markers and psychic power cards. I'm just done with my Orks. And the new Rubrics look amazing. Bonus points: Ksons vs Wolfy wolfs is my favorite kind of shitposting.
>>
Q: Are passengers in Jinking Transports forced to fire
Snap Shots?
A: No

DE rejoice.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-22+at+10.44.19).jpg (47KB, 746x616px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-22+at+10.44.19).jpg
47KB, 746x616px
>>50354451
so you dont have a cardboard box, a phone with a camera, some paper, and a desk lamp?
sorry i didnt realize people who would put hours of effort into a miniature wouldnt put a couple minutes of effort into a fucking lightbox.
You could litterally make it with the box you GET the lamp in.
>>
>>50358375
>Sick of losing
>Joins the losing side of a shitpost war
I.. ah. If you say so Anon
>>
Need some tips for my Skitarii army I'm buying at Christmas. I was thinking of getting 2 starter-packs worth and an Imperial knight to draw fire.
My budget is about £300
>>
>do flamers have a maximum range when firing overwatch?
>No.

Oh great, Tau still have magic 30" flamer weapons.
>>
>>50358468
I know /tg/ loves to hate Tau, but did you even think as you posted this?
>>
>>50354366
id rather see them at spray painted the army color then them being greys but thats just me.
Painting is a secondary to playing the game but its hard to feel like you care about a 30shmeckle figure when its all grey.
>>
>>50358468
>>50358476
it is stupid though, you can overwatch with an inferno pistol if an enemy unit is more than 6" away, but a tau suit thats congalined out 18 inches from the target can make its flamers fire triple their original range to hit someone charging because GW doesnt write rules competently
>>
>>50358476
You think it's fair that they can get d3 automatic hits per overwatching crisis suit within 12" of a single fire warrior at the ass-back of a 10" conga-line being charged from the front by an enemy unit another 10-12" away?
>>
>>50358510
>you can overwatch
cant*
>>
>>50358516
>>50358510
I did not consider their shared OW, that is on me and the egg is running down my face and pooling in my lap
>>
>>50358241
should I feel bad if I give another business my money and play my games at the gamesworkshop store rather than buying from it directly and playing there?
I like the idea of supporting store owners but it doesnt seem like GW stores are independent and therefore the people running the stores are mere employees
>>
>>50358529
Yeah that's the issue. If the FAQ stated this was only for the unit actually being charged it would be fine, but supporting fire in the Formation that increases the range from 6" to 12" is bullshit with template weapons.
>>
Today is the day I begin my new life being buttfucked by GW as I begin to play warhammer.

I grew up thinking about this day and my anus is ready.
>>
>>50355743
Tell me about these legs, anon.
>>
>>50358586
Which army did you pick?
>>
NEW MAGNUS LEAKS FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE

point cost: 999
ws:9 bs:9 s:9 t:9 w:9 a:9 ld:10
saves: 2+/4++
Special Rules:
Psyker (mastery level 3)
Fearless
Daemon of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch
casts abilities on a 3+
knows all the tzeench tree powers
Eternal Warrior
Smash
Instant Death
Flesh-bane
Fleet
Hit and Run
Scout
Infiltrate
It will not die (3+ re-rollable)
Rage
Rampage
Shrouded
Stealth
Zealot
Preferred enemy(space wolves)
Hatred(armies of the imperium)
>>
>>50356266
I'll find you with my particular set of skills if you DON'T do it and post it here.
>>
>>50358623
>Psyker (mastery level 3)
Dropped.
>>
>>50358458
Can someone help a newbie out?
>>
>>50358458
Start collecting box and one of those super start collecting boxes coming out soon
>>
>>50358458
I'd skip the Knight.
>>
>>50358612

I haven't actually bought anything yet but will be later today when shops open in my timezone.

But chaos marines.
>>
>>50358681
I saw that and was kinda dissapointed. Electro-priests are bad in my opinion
>>
>>50356593
Create stencil. Apply to tanks. Post results.
>>
File: 1363982023358.png (645KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1363982023358.png
645KB, 750x600px
>>50358688
Excellent choice, brother! FOR CHAOS!
>>
>>50358688
Dude.

Wait 2 weeks. Please.
>>
File: 1411110399652.png (15KB, 104x153px) Image search: [Google]
1411110399652.png
15KB, 104x153px
>>50358688
Anon, you must listen to >>50358770 or I shall be forced to become very cross with you.

the traitor legion supplement is about to drop and shit is likely gonna change. You wanna see how it plays out. IN THE MEANTIME, what kind of warband are you thinking? What is your favorite legion?
>>
>>50358688
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/20/the-eye-opens-for-the-traitor-legions/
Dude this is out in like 2 weeks.
>>
>>50357566
Just pointing out how much this guy sucks again.... like really. He sucks a hard ass dick.
>>
Is now a good time to get back into Chaos Space Marines? I havent got much (A land raider, a rhino, warp talons, 10 terminators, 10 tacticals and 20 chosen plus a heldrake) but seeing the new Tsons makes me wet
>>
>>50357640
I, too, am aged, Anon. I recall the heady days when the craziest shit happening on Scooby Doo was celebrety guests and somehow Shaggy and Daphne getting together and adopting a kid.
>>
>>50358804

Death Guard cos papa nurgle. Which from the looks of it is affected by the supplement.

Bearing in mind Im a new player, can't I just get the start collecting box? Is it likely to change that much that its worth waiting?
>>
>>50358998
YES
>>
>>50358998
The CSM box is a pretty decent start, since you get a termie lord for free with the price of the troops and helbrute. Also if you're thinking about running daemons in your list the nurgle box is really good as well.
>>
>>50358998
Yeah - while you might be fine, you might also look in the new supplement book and see a totally bitching death guard detachment that asks for 3 squads of plague marines and some other junk that ain't in the starter set - granted, you can turn those chaos marines into just about whatever with some conversion , the terminator lord is a great kit that's likely to be your HQ regardless, and 1 helbrute will probably be an auxillary choice in just about anything and might be fun to paint.

But I'd still advise caution if you can bear to wait. I can tell you though if you're planning on going death guard there's no possible way you will not want plague marines, so you could start there. Have you painted before? Death guard can look surprisingly nice with some easy drybrushing techniques.
>>
>>50358998
>2 weeks to potentially save $100
What if the legion rule are really cool but dont uses what you buy?
>>
>>50358998
Yeah also this >>50359044 if you do plan on allying daemons (which is good to do) nurgle daemon box set can't steer you wrong. Additionally, daemons are super duper easy to paint so it might be a nice start to learn at. Don't know your budget though.
>>
File: Legions.png (282KB, 1000x890px) Image search: [Google]
Legions.png
282KB, 1000x890px
So Chaosbros, what are you hoping is in the Traitor Legions book, what Legion are you and what's your favourite lore about them?
>>
>>50358960
No way to really tell without rules. But TS's will probably be the new hot shit. And with the new Traitor Legions rules, a lot of chaos armies will be much more viable.
>>
>>50359099
I've wanted to build Thousand Sons since I first learned that they have AP3 troops led by a psyker, but the price was never right.
>>
>>50359109
I actually might start doing a small bit of daemons, maybe £150 worth, then getting some Thousand Sons
>>
>>50359066

I have not painted before.

The reason why I don't really want to wait, even two weeks, is because Ive been wanting to get into warhammer for close to a decade now and haven't been able to due to money and time. Now Im able to I just want to get started. Ive already had to change from fantasy to 40k because I didnt like what I read about AoS.
>>
>>50359129
What don't you like about AoS?
>>
>>50359109
Are Daemons of Khorne any good? I was thinking of doing a Khorne/Nurgle Combination, but since the Tsons I might to a Tzeentch/Nurgle combo
>>
>>50359126
What do you think about the new TSons release then? Is the price right?
>>
>>50359069

Would GW really make the Start Collecting that pointless to get this close to christmas?
>>
>>50359099
I'm hoping for either a straight change to Bezerkers or a formation that gives them FNP and allows them to assault from vehicles. I just reread Betrayer and I'm really fired up in the hopes that I'll get to butcher some enemies. World Eaters should get something like that I hope.

Favorite lore for them has to be the Red Butchers. People that were so angry their fellow insane ax murderers locked them in their own armor until it was time to do battle and let them go on a rampage.
>>
>>50359170
Yes. Yes they would. First things first, dont trust GW to make smart decisions.
>>
>>50359138

Mostly the idea of you can have anything in your army.
>>
>>50359109
I wasn't on /tg/ much when Traitor's Hate came out, did it have the same hype level that Traitor Legions is getting?
>>
>>50359165
Troops are a little pricier than I'd like, but I imagine I'd want at least 2 squads of vanilla CSM in a full list anyway. Other than that I'm happy with everything else but Magnus.
>>
File: Points.png (384KB, 1107x272px) Image search: [Google]
Points.png
384KB, 1107x272px
>>50359185
I mean if you're playing pointsless games. Most people don't, and games with points has limits.

There's also the fact that everything you take has to be from the same Grand Alliance.
>>
>>50359129
Just start with some plague marines, bro. If you're definitely going death guard you won't go wrong there. It's hard to screw up plague marines anyways since they're so gribbly. You can use a lot of lazy painting drybrush techniques to get them done quickly. You don't want to start this hobby with too much unpainted plastic anyways - best to get one thing at a time and build it, paint it, then move to the next so you don't get overwhelmed.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Goatboy's_Quick_and_Dirty_Painting:_Plague_Marines

look up some basic technique tutorials GW does with Duncan on youtube to learn some basic stuff.
>>
>>50354337
>>50359293
>>50359293
>>50359293
>>
>>50358828
You seem mad.
>>
>>50359099
IRON WARRIORS CAN USE EARTHSHAKERS AGAIN
PLEASE
>>
>>50354603

For almost any gaming related book, $20 would be a decent price for something that was in good condition and up-to-date.
>>
File: Iron Warriors Volcano Cannon.png (443KB, 828x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Warriors Volcano Cannon.png
443KB, 828x1097px
>>50359099

I was hoping they'd give the Iron Warriors the Leman Russ, Basilisk and Baneblade variants.

They have all of this in the lore so there is no adequate explanation for why they don't have it on the table.
>>
>>50356140

The metal models are fugly to begin with...
>>
>>50356905
>Wasn't there someloop in their Prk rules that allowed you to take a stomps at a discount?
Not really a discount, more of a build your own Stompa.

The base Stompa is terrible as far as its armaments go.
>>
>>50357780
>>50357797
>>50357880
They are Rackhams models for their old game Confrontation. Quick googling says they are Griffin Fusiliers.

http://cadwallon.com/fusiliers-griffins.html
>>
>>50359966
ah man, i fucking knew it
i knew they looked familiar as shit
>>
>>50359960

There was Buzzgob's Stompa that you could take for 400 points.

It's terrible though and is about 100 points overcosted even at 400 points.
>>
>>50359188
Not even close. It's been nine fucking years of non-stop around the clock bitchfests by us Chaos players after we lost Daemons, Armory, and Legions in a swoop. Slowly things are getting bearable but for many losing Legions was the most angst-inducing.
>>
>>50355134
>no Imperial Fists

Dorn believed in the great crusade more than any primarch for fuck's sake!
Thread posts: 407
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.