[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 487
Thread images: 56

File: image.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1024x768px
I warned you about chaos, bro Edition

Previous General:
>>50343492

Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
File: IMG_4099.jpg (107KB, 640x871px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4099.jpg
107KB, 640x871px
FIRST FOR DARK ELDAR AREN'T DEAD BOIS
>>
>>50350395
Fuck yes! I don't even play deldar, that was just a bullshit rule.
>>
>>50350395

> Swerving a Raider into a sick tailspin has no effect on the passengers aim

But that's retarded.
>>
File: always bet on duke.jpg (339KB, 800x4600px) Image search: [Google]
always bet on duke.jpg
339KB, 800x4600px
>>50350395
We still aren't very good though
CTC and MSUborn are the only way we work
>>
File: IMG_3149.png (359KB, 1102x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3149.png
359KB, 1102x382px
>>50350349
I was going to say something, but I forgot. Oh bother. Have a wizard instead.
>>
FIFTH FOR BLOOD ANGELS ARE TRASH AND NEEDS BUFFS
All their specific units are weak and they can't be applied, and their psychic powers are weak
>>
Librarius BTFO

Leman Russ Executioner, like a phoenix from the ashes
>>
>>50350441
But at least we weren't gutted into unplayability. And for that I'm happy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 654x103px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 654x103px
>>50350395
Neat. Pic related is still a bit of a bugger, but gunboats may be usable now.
>>
>>50350349
You didn't even link the new FAQ.

That's sloppy OP'ing
>>
If I were to make a chapter based on Renaissance imagery, the book of choice would be Blood Angels, right?
>>
>>50350457
But we just got buffs.
>>
File: 1478435587231.jpg (234KB, 530x583px) Image search: [Google]
1478435587231.jpg
234KB, 530x583px
Should I throw my lot in with Torchstar or Shadowsun?
>>
>>50350590
Torchstar, definantly.
>>
>>50350590
Torchstar.
>>
>>50350349
What EPUB reader do you guys use? mine sucks for most of those codices.
>>
File: CXuws2O.jpg (61KB, 1438x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CXuws2O.jpg
61KB, 1438x1080px
Anyone else got a feeling the 1KS are going to be the Deathwatch of CSMs?
>>
>>50350639
No.
Only if they have an ability that allows them to.
>>
>>50350656
Said that three days ago.
>>
>>50350657

you're right, I'm an illiterate.
>>
>>50350656
what did he mean by this
>>
>>50350641
Readium/Kobo
>>
>>50350664

mmmmm

>>50350668

Good but hindered by their guys higher point cost.
>>
>>50350527
They are. We've always played it that way - that Jink doesn't force the passangers to snap fire, but moving over 6" does. Unless the opponent has loads of tanks or a buttload of Ignores Cover weapons, gunboats can be really good. Taking 20 poison shots with re-rolls to hit to the face, several times per turn, melts even MEQ units.

Where did you get this from, by the way? A new FAQ? Link?
>>
>>50350678
71 point for naked terminators?
Hindered indeed.
>>
>>50350691
Yup.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
>>
>Q: In the rules for cover saves it says that intervening models grant cover even if the model is fully visible unless you shoot over the intervening models. Does this include models that are taller than the intervening models i.e. are taller models able to shoot over shorter models?
>A: Yes, as long as the line of sight for the weapon being used is not obscured by the intervening models and does not pass through a gap between the models in the intervening unit.

>Q: Can Infantry count as intervening for a Monstrous Creature or a Gargantuan Creature?
>A: Yes, but only if 25% or more of the model is obscured by the intervening Infantry unit from the perspective of the firer.

So my Tervigon can't get a cover same from my gants?

The fuck is this shit.
>>
>>50350730
Making infantry cover the same as terrain.
>>
>Q: When I am using ‘long’ or ‘oval’ Cavalry/Bikes/Monstrous Creatures’ bases, am I allowed to pivot the base on the spot to gain additional movement like vehicles would?
>A: When making a move, you have to take into account how far all parts of the model have moved. Or to put that another way, trying to come up with a way of making a move that allows a model to move ‘further’ than its maximum movement distance is illegal. It is not allowed for a model to move 6″ towards or away from something, and end up more than 6″ closer to or further away from it!

>Q: I have a question about pivoting and moving a vehicle. When is the distance that a vehicle can move measured – before it pivots for the first time or after it pivots for the first time? Some vehicles may be able to gain an extra inch or two by pivoting, then measuring, then moving.
>A: If a model moves, no part of the model (or its base) can finish the move more than the model’s move distance away from where it started the Movement phase.

We AOS now.
>>
>>50350641
readium
>>
>>50350590
Shadowsun a shit, Torchstar is best waifu
>>
>>50350751
>We AOS now.
Buy not letting people sneak inches?
>>
Don't know how to feel about the 6"+ movement causing snapfire but thank God for no snap firing crews on the jink. I suppose the only crew that is gonna struggle with that are my 18" sslyth shardcarbines or the 18" blasterborn. We'll see!
>>
>>50350730

Can't get Terrain cover either.

Ground nids are deader than they were before. It's pretty sad. Flying circus got buffed though, at least.
>>
grenades in melee officially nerfed, time to break out the dreadnoughts in drop pods against my buddies guard blobs.
>>
>>50350772
Yea man people cant unfairly move their models additional inches what the fuck.
>>
>>50350773
but going over 6" has always made your units snap fire
>>
>>50350751

>I officially can't cheat anymore

Fucking hell...
>>
>>50350804

Has it? My group has always played that my venoms could move full distance and crew could fire as normal unless jink.
>>
>>50350762
One is the supreme commander of the Tau Empire. The other likes setting fire to things.
>>
>Q: Some pieces of terrain (woods, ruins, craters, etc.) provide a cover save to a models even if they are not 25% obscured. Does this really include large models like Monstrous Creatures?
>A: No. Just like Vehicles, Monstrous Creatures and Gargantuan Creatures are not obscured simply for being inside terrain such as woods or ruins.
No more Toe In Cover bullshit.
>>
What does TG think of SM Scouts? I've never bothered to use them, so is there anything they excel at?
I was given 9 with shotguns, 8 with sniper rifles and 2 with missile launchers.
>>
>>50350730
>>50350783
You could do a line of termagaunts followed by line of gargoyles.
Expensive and probably not worth it but it would get everybody that 5+.
>>
>>50350827
did you read the rulebook? maybe you should read the rulebook every new edition and not rely on "my group has played it like..."
>>
>>50350395
Are chariots considered transports? Asking because I want to know how these rules apply to the Burning Chariot of Tzeentch.
>>
>>50350874
>I was given 9 with shotguns, 8 with sniper rifles and 2 with missile launchers.
Those are junk

Bolters for dicount marines are where it's at
>>
>>50350884
No, they are chariots
>>
FAQ:
>Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?
>A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.

Warhammer 40,000: The Rules:
>"Some grenades do not have a profile. Any effects that they have will be covered in their special rules. Unless specifically stated otherwise, these grenades cannot be thrown or used as a Melee weapon."

Sounds like "throw" is not the same as "used as Melee weapon." But why should GW read their own rules?
>>
>>50350892
I thought the shotguns could have been useful with Crusader Squads. Get some shots on the charge and suck up some overwatch with scout bodies
>>
So wait, with the new FAQ, Flyers and FMCs can no longer be hit by blasts, even with Skyfire?
>>
>Q: Can units that are Battle Brothers embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
>A: No.

>Q: Can units from two Detachments with the same Faction embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
>A: Yes.

Jolly good, glad they sorted that out.
>>
>>50350932
Yup.
>>
>>50350925
Oh for acolytes sure, not not as real scouts
>>
>>50350938
Oh hell yes, my day just keeps getting better!
>>
>>50350939
I only ever used Sniper Rifles in Imperial Guard lists. What makes a scout squad with 4 Sniper Rifles not worth bringing?
>>
>>50350827
your group probably has an old holdover from 4th/5th. hell even vehicles snapfire when they go 12".

>>50350884
chariots are a unit, not a transport. the rider counts as stationary but since the burning chariot is fast he can move 12" and kill what he likes

though now i'm curious if you can tank shock then charge a unit with a chariot
>>
what is the current Mk armor used by chaos?
>>
>>50351003
II-VII
>>
>>50350920
That ruling has been around for a while. Rip tankbustas.
>>
>>50350879

I read the rulebook but one of the players claimed the FAQ changed that for dark eldar (obviously incorrectly)
>>
>>50350988

>hell even vehicles snapfire when they go 12

Not if they are Fast Skimmers.
>>
>>50351003
MkII-IV.
>>
>>50351013
Orks now have no good way of dealing with armour great.
>>
>>50350932
The whole hit by blasts thing was introduced by Death from the Skies. The BRB has always held the ruling that they cannot.
>>
Am I the only one who posts in this thread who doesn't actually play the game?

I'm too poor senpai
>>
>>50350920
On one hand, before this was clarified I also accepted "throw" only meant shooting phase. But on the other hand, I am sho am glad my rhinos and dreadnoughts won't get fucked to death by a clusterrape of krak grenades now.
>>
>>50351013
>That ruling has been around for a while.

As the drafts. Now they got an official release and nothing has changed.
>>
>>50351010
>>50351003
>>50351023
so what does the base set of chaos space marines have? from gw site
>>
>>50351058

They don't have standardized armour. It's whatever they can scavenge.
>>
Whelp grenades are still fucked for some reason. why, geedubs, why?
>>
>>50351019
"oh thats cool, can you show me?"
>>
Question about the blast template scattering onto skimmers.

If the skimmer was already targeted under the blast but the centered target was a different unit, does it still get to jink? The blast was placed before scatter was rolled so technically it's targeted but my friends and myself to some extent believe they won't get to jink.

Example:
I have a squad of reavers in between 2 venoms super close together. A large blast is centered on the reavers, hitting both the venoms as well. Do they get to jink or not assuming a direct hit or scatter that still clips them both
>>
>>50351058
with the way mutations, scavenging and time distortions work that's not something we can really answer.

>>50351084
possibly not since they didn't declare jink before shooting
>>
>>50351074

Yeah I know but ignorance is bliss, when close friends who've been playing for 15+ years tell you something good like that you don't look a gift horse in the mouth
>>
>>50351084
They reversed the "if your unintentionally hit, you can still jink!" rulings everywhere. (beams, scattering blasts) assume you can't jink unless your specifically targeted.
>>
>>50351038
No, I played back in 5th and visit the thread now and again to see how the game is doing. Don't play anymore since the actual game is trash
>>
>>50351098

So if they declared jink before the scatter dice were rolled that would be fine?
>>
>>50351100
Oh yeah of course. I have it lucky and just seem to memorize rules after reading them so I'm always skeptical of something that isn't familiar to me
>>
>>50351084
If you go purely RAW, it can't, because it was never "targeted" by the attack. You declare a jink as soon as the attack is declared against the unit. It requires clarification on what "targeted" means when declaring a shooting attack.
>>
>>50351049
Meanwhile all the units that relied on anti-tank bombs got fucked. What good is Demolition doctrine when buying melta-bombs for the sergeant is just as good? Or 30k, where several units can buy melta-bombs, but if they do, all models must buy them. Relied on melta-bomb squads to deal with souped up Spartans? Fuck you!
>>
>>50351058
MK 4 greaves
MK 3-5 chestplates
unknown pattern flared gloves
unknown pattern power supply
unknown pattern helmet (Looks mostly like modified VII)
>>
>>50351100
man fuck that, i had some dudes i was playing with telling me the rubric of ahriman made all the 1k sons dust not just the weaker members. if you got a doubt you should look it up or know how to argue it.

but be warned that it makes the game longer when you have to look up obscure or rarely used rules
>>
So when are the new Chaos Space Marines due? Early next year?
>>
>>50351106

That's going to make for some hairy times when disembarking my venoms then, but makes sense. Already had the tau and IG players say they're gonna abuse the hell out of it
>>
>>50351146
dec 3
>>
File: deathguard1.jpg (70KB, 381x390px) Image search: [Google]
deathguard1.jpg
70KB, 381x390px
>>50351058
MkII-IV.

If you look at old art, just about every mark has MkVI greaves and MkV torso. Those models were made back when GW didn't give that many shits about armour autism.
>>
>>50351129
>What good is Demolition doctrine when buying melta-bombs for the sergeant is just as good?

You'll still have a chance to demo something if he gets picked out, I guess?
>>
>>50350871
>No more Toe In Cover bullshit.

Tyranids confirmed deader than dead. Monstrous Creatures are now either disgustingly broken or utter trash with no middle ground.
>>
>>50351186
Totally worth 25pts. extra.
>>
File: you're tearing me apart GW.png (294KB, 488x334px) Image search: [Google]
you're tearing me apart GW.png
294KB, 488x334px
>>50351153
>>50351146
It's not a codex, it's a supplement which means it's still going to have unit prices from the base codex. Which means unless GW pulls some insane shenanigans and just slathers on underpriced/free buffs everywhere, it's still going to be shit because having those things are mandatory to make many of the units even mediocre.

Ksons are still 300 points for a squad of 10 in a rhino. Warp Talons are still . . . no, I don't want to type it, it hurts too bad. Legion rules are a step in the right direction but trying to fix the CSM codex with a supplement at this point is putting lipstick on a pig, why didn't they just make a new codex and put legion rules in it? Why?
>>
>>50351252
Can't release a new codex when we just got a supplement so we get another supplement which increases the period of time until we can get another codex. 6e Codex for life it seems
>>
>>50351252
>Ksons are still 300 points for a squad of 10 in a rhino.

Keep in mind that the new Thousand Sons kit includes Flamers and a fancy Rotary Cannon thing, so their rules must be changing, at the very least to provide them with those options. It's possible GW might tweak them in other ways while they're at it.

Everything else is shit out of luck though.
>>
>>50351252
Ask GW, not /tg/.
>>
>>50351252
there will be rubicae and scarab occult terminators. Those units will have their own dataslates, and will potentially have their own points costs.

Take a look at the GSC genestealers vs tyranid codex genestealers for the sort of dynamic changes the are willing to take.
>>
>>50351252

7e is dead in the water so they aren't updating codxes anymore.
>>
>>50351252
Raziel said in the last thread they were updating point values. And there's precedent, they gave different rules & points costs to GSC purestrain genestelers for example.
>>
File: 449677.jpg (83KB, 581x773px) Image search: [Google]
449677.jpg
83KB, 581x773px
>>50351252

Unless they pull some inane assbuttfuckery, there's no way 1KSons would not get annihlated on the table every single time.
>>
>>50351279
Maybe GW doesn't want to update the CSM codex because it's one of their bestselling items? I'm don't know shit about this so I'm just spitballing, but perhaps the reason GW is hesitant to release a new CSM codex is because the old one is selling like hotcakes and they haven't reached a number that says "okay, shit out a new one now". If it aint broke, don't fix it. So they have this product selling so well and it's pointless to stop milking it by making it obsolete, maybe somehow the CSM codex is one of the bestselling codexes they have or something.
>>
>>50351252
They're doing minor stuff that will be better forwards compatible with 8th. Just enjoy some new toys in the meantime.
>>
>>50351325
No. They update the Space Marine codex at every opportunity and it's a popular as it gets, and it's not even like CSM are the oldest codex.
>>
>>50351325
>ancient, shitty codex
>Bestselling

With how chaosfags are, I'd believe it.
>>
File: 001.jpg (281KB, 1341x891px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
281KB, 1341x891px
So how's the mortar? Too big, way too big or big but I can get away with it?
>>
>>50351347
maybe they have different standards that dictate how they make these decisions. since the loyalists are by far the posterboys of the franchise, they work on a different level of consideration
>>
>>50351325
I know there's been at least 3 chaos players starting in the last 2 months at my store, including myself, so I wouldn't be shocked
>>
>>50351363
most people who play 40k do not know the CSM codex is bad. you can probably find multiple "CSM are overpowered" threads on dakkadakka from this month.
>>
>>50351364
My biggest issue is mortars aren't fired at that angle. Needs to be pointed upwards when you actually glue it, at that angle the size of the weapon does indeed look goofy.
>>
just bought Planetary onslaught, its really cool
Now i want to make a planetary onslaught campaign.....
>>
>>50351252
My question was about the basic CSM squad...
You know, to get them more in line with Dark Vengeance Chosen, Warp Talons/Raptors and so on.
>>
>>50351414
Sorry, I meant to say "Petard". My memory is fucking with me
>>
>>50351384
Honestly I think they just see this as "Angels of Death" for Chaos. You're over thinking things.
>>
>>50351146
No rumors whatsoever
>>
>>50350762
Is torchstar a waifu now?
>>
>>50351444
The chosen are such stunning models, shame they're so horribly equipped
>>
>>50351499
thats up to you,you should know that answer yoruself
>>
So I want to make an Egyptian-themed loyalist chapter, based around using a large amount of Dreadnoughts.

What do you guys think of the name "Death Lords"? Too close to Death Guard?

I've yet to decide on a founding chapter too.
>>
>>50351019
Works differently for DEldar anyway, since their vehicles are Fast Skimmers. Heck, they can even pull down upgrades which let them move even further.
>>
File: plasma chosen wip.png (662KB, 571x459px) Image search: [Google]
plasma chosen wip.png
662KB, 571x459px
>>50351510
Don't have a pic of them finished atm I converted the DV chosen into a plasma gun squad, giving them different ranged weapons isn't really a difficult conversion at all. Ranged weapons might be a marginally greater pain in the ass depending on what you want to do, but then again
>melee chosen
>>
File: 349538e70d5e6dd7d40a353135a108c1.jpg (644KB, 1353x1221px) Image search: [Google]
349538e70d5e6dd7d40a353135a108c1.jpg
644KB, 1353x1221px
>>50351499
/tg/ will waifu basically anything female in the 41st millennium.
>>
>>50350470
yeah. This. I will still play them and have fun with my DE army.

Despite selling my GK and DA
>>
File: 1405284488062.jpg (259KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
1405284488062.jpg
259KB, 750x900px
>>50351038

I post here but I'm a collector and partaker of the lore. I stopped playing during 6th edition. I'm not poor, I own 3 armies and still buy models for all of them.
>>
>>50351544
>ranged weapons might be
*melee weapons, fuck
>>
>>50351544
Nicely done, I'm still accumulating bits and have my DV chosen painted from before I realised they were shite. Likely to pick up some more from ebay to convert
>>
>>50351527

Go Tomb, Sphinx, Pharaoh (claim it's a title from their Homeworld), or something. "Death Lords" is okay, but doesn't capture the Egyptian theme at all, or really separate them from the endless hordes of marines.
>>
>>50351038
I rarely ever play games because I have only painted 7 of my units since I started in 2013, and I feel bad but man I really hate painting so I just don't play.
>>
>>50351579

I was going to keep Pharaoh as their Chapter Master title.

(Also their Chapter Master is a dreadnought.)
>>
>>50351252

Literally just use 30k rules.

Your life and army will be better.
>>
>>50351038
I'm 2 poor to have army. Just watching thread for news abot 40k.
>>
>>50351579

As for founding Chapter, Ultramarines aren't a bad choice. Rome and Egypt are two of the most commonly cited empires in the world. Of course, if you want a fancy backstory, you could always rip one out of the Blood Ravens (possible) book and say that no one knows, but really it's the Death Guard.
>>
>>50351527
The Lords of Osiris.
>>
>>50351579
>>50351527
"Tomb Lords" is a cool name. Would feed into the Dread theme too.
>>
File: DELDARsquad.jpg (1MB, 3008x1632px) Image search: [Google]
DELDARsquad.jpg
1MB, 3008x1632px
Question about Dark eldar since this is a dark eldar thread

What are some good kill team lists?

So far I only have the start collecting box + another box of warriors and was wondering what are some good units to start out with

so far my list is 10 warriors (Sab upgrade), 3 reavers, and a raider at 193 points
>>
>>50351647

I dunno. I put "Tomb" kinda reluctantly. Doesn't it reach too far into the Necron dictionary?
>>
>>50351527
Name them Tomb Kings
>>
>>50351669

That was my first kneejerk idea, then it occured to me.

>>50351647
>>50351661

Yeah, when I see "tomb" in relation to 40k, I automatically assume Necrons.
>>
>>50350721
Q: If a unit includes multiple Psykers – e,g, Independent Characters, or Brotherhood of Psykers – can they cast the same power (e.g. Psychic Shriek) multiple times, once for each Psyker?
A: No.

Tzeralds and Horrors nerf.

Otherwise, >>50350395 fuck yes.
>>
>>50351661
Lord of the Nile
>>
File: Chaos_Terminator (1).jpg (277KB, 881x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Terminator (1).jpg
277KB, 881x768px
So I need some help with a mindset I've gotten from playing solely against a Tau player. I'm going to start bringing my my army to a local game store on the weekends to enjoy some causal fights, but I think my army won't quite function. You see, I hate my friends Riptide. He runs one at basically every points level. So I have done everything I possibly can to give my CSM as much AP2 as possible. Is that going to be an issue in a normal game? Will it be seen as cheesy or is just a massive waste of points? I've always wanted Lighting Claw termies, but I have to run Axes and fists. Plasma out the butt on my Chaos Marines, Meltas on Raptors. Is my army just all sorts of fucked up now or is keeping up the AP2 numbers worth it?
>>
>>50351641
The Sons of Isis

Bring lots of meltabombs.
>>
File: DSC_0105.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0105.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>50351593
it!S okay anon, I bought warriors of the fang last year around this date and only manage to assemble <10 marines. I magnetize a fewof them though.
>>
>>50351692
>Nerf

It's a FAQ, If you get "nerfed", you were doing it wrong.
>>
>>50351579
Are the "Night Guard" their worst nemesis?
>>
>>50351692
>Tzeralds and Horrors nerf.
It's like they want us to play summon factories...
>>
>>50351695
If you can't murder it fast, don't waste time on it.
Take away it's support instead.
>>
>>50351719

I mean its a cool way of changing how tyrannids work but the model is just so shit
>>
>>50351695
CSM terminators are best when cheap anyway, axe/combi-plasma is their best loadout. Maybe melta but the issue is actually getting in melta range, since they don't have DS mitigation anymore the odds of you getting actual melta rules are nearly fuck and all. So I like to DS them and still be able to double tap with plasma.

Plasma is fine on regular marines too. Basically CSM are shit no matter what but perhaps if you post your list it could be decided if you're doing the best you can or fucking things up even worse than they inherently are.
>>
>>50351594
Tomb/Sarcophagus Knights?

Since dreadnoughts are like tombs to half-dead marines.
>>
>>50350937
So Space Marine super conglomerate and Ork party buses are saved, everyone else can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>50351038
I've played once, but I'm usually to busy with grad school to play. Can't wait til after finals though
>>
>>50350730
It's always been this way in 7th. That's why people run gargoyles as cover screens.

Nids being trash is not news.
>>
>>50351527
How about you call them the Tomb Kings?
>>
>>50350987
Generally, whatever you'd shoot at with the snipers you'd be able to shoot with bolters and wound at more or less the same values, but being able to move first and fire twice if in rapid fire range.
>>50350874
I really like scouts with whatever gear you give them, just had very bad luck with snipers. Bought the Armourbane S6 AP3 sniper from the Raven Guard relics and didn't hit a single shot all game.

The thing about scouts is that they are meant for harassment duty -- for instance, the other day I infiltrated 5 shotgun scouts near a couple of whirlwinds in my opponents backfield, hidden behind cover and under the effective fire range after the scout move, and destroyed them both.

You gotta make maximum use of the special rules you pay for -- scout, infiltrate and move through cover.
>>
>>50350809
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>tfw you spend time at work thinking up new models and modification sprues to preexisting ones
Picking up 40K figures after a long absence was a good albeit expensive decision, but damn if it doesn't worm its way into my everyday life now.
>>
>>50351769
>Space Marine super conglomerate
What marines ever rode in other marines transports?
>>
>>50350932
They never could. Jesus Christ 99% of the FAQ isn't adding anything new it's just clarifying things that have always been so to people who are apparently too retarded to read the damn rulebook.
>>
If I buy cheap chinese recasts, do they come in sprues like the regular GW product? Or as full models?
>>
>>50351769
>Space Marine super conglomerate
Space Marines with different Chapter Tactics are treated as different Factions as per the Chapter Tactics special rule, so no worries.
>>
>>50351711

Here's my question then, if a Herald is in a unit of horrors, and the horrors cast Flickering Fire, can I use the BS of the Herald?
>>
>>50351846
it varies
>>
File: pinky and the feel.png (38KB, 248x225px) Image search: [Google]
pinky and the feel.png
38KB, 248x225px
>>50351832
tfw to smart to follow GW's rules when the ones I invented in my memories are better
>>
>>50351853
>When shooting can one model use another models BS?
>>
>>50351853
Why would you?
The Horrors manifested, not the Herald. So the Horrors would use their own BS skill.
>>
>>50351846
there are a bunch of different chink vendors and I've never purchased from them but literally every picture I've seen of these recasts is either just a bunch of bits dumped in a ziploc bag, or on their own special bootleg chink sprue that is nothing like GW sprues
>>
At what point amount is it acceptable to run flyers?
>>
>>50351880

It's a legitimate question.

>>50351892

The horrors manifest it, but my herald can't manifest his own. By that logic, I can assume that the unit as a whole manifested the power, so why wouldn't I be able to use the Heralds BS?
>>
File: DSC_0103.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0103.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>50351706
I swear I rotated that picture so it would show properly...
>>
>>50351897
1 every ~250 points or so starting at 1250.
>>
>>50351853

Can't you just have the herald manifest flickering fire? Since he would auto know the primaris of change in addition to other powers.
>>
>>50351924
>Q: If a unit includes multiple Psykers – e,g, Independent Characters, or Brotherhood of Psykers – can they cast the same power (e.g. Psychic Shriek) multiple times, once for each Psyker?
>A: No.
>>
>>50351921
phone posters reeeeeeeee
>>
>>50351918
Assumptions and logical conclusions don't work with 40k rules.
>>
>>50351861
>>50351893

But they're still in bits that I get to assemble then, yeah?
>>
>new Lore of Change, all powers force successful dtw rolls be rerolled
>Primaris: +2 to invulns, passed saves reflect s3 ap3 blind hits back
>1: reroll all to hit rolls for one unit for one turn
>2: pick the result of one dice in your turn
>3: a unit's weapons gain Force
>4: 3d6" S: d6 AP: d6 Assault d6 Witchfire
>5: you an opponent roll off and add the number of WC you want to spend, loser takes the difference in totals in Perils rolls
>6 - 12" S: D AP- line, starts at -2 on the D table but you can spend extra warp charges to offset this
>Magnus gets the Rubric too, 12" Nova that works like Mind War and transforms things it kills into new 1kSons/Spawn
>>
>>50351927
HE can use the power dice generated by the horrors and manifest it INSTEAD of them.
>>
>>50351927

no, not manifest flickering fire twice, just have him manifest it.
>>
>>50351954
IT VARIES

Not every chinacaster is the same, some do rough assembly and then case, some spruecast, some skip small parts then can't recast porperly
>>
File: fuck-popcorn-500x375.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-popcorn-500x375.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
>>50351960

>Primaris: +2 to invulns, passed saves reflect s3 ap3 blind hits back
>>
>>50351954
afaik yes, I've never seen then come as already assembled as in like a model that is one chunk of plastic. but then again like I said I've never bought from these chinese recasters but I really doubt any of them is doing that
>>
>>50351313
This.

Thousand Sons and Traitor Legions are going to do what GSC did - use an existing kit with existing rules but make a new better unit with a slightly different name out of it, just like Genestealers -> Purestrain Genestealers, or even, for example, how Khorne Daemons in KDK have Fearless instead of Daemonic Instability.

Expect stuff like "Night Talons" replacing Warp Talons for Night Lords, etc. using the same models but with updated rules including new special rules and better points costs.

I know Chaos players are abused and fragile things who instinctively recoil at the thought of their hopes and dreams being shattered again by another new release that promises to be their salvation but turns out to be garbage, but I think that GW is finally dying. Traitor's Hate was their last phoned in release which they needed to get out of the way so they could do this.

We New Golden Age 40k now.
>>
>>50351897
Depends on the flier, 1k is fine for one of most fliers. 2 at 1500 is passable if you give the opponent a heads up, just don't go full WAAC
>>
>>50351960
>all powers force successful dtw rolls be rerolled
no way
>>
>>50351918
>>50351853
Read "Brotherhood of psykers/sorcerers" from the Special rules section. First bullet point.
>>
>>50351918
>The horrors manifest it, but my herald can't manifest his own
so just manifest it with the herald then
>>
>>50351960

D Beam, o fun, no jinking out of this shit.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 700x878px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 700x878px
>>50351987
>existing kit
>>
>>50350439
>>50350527

Dark Eldar need all the help they can get. It's not like good passenger rules is going to save 90% of the army from being hard countered by random boltgun fire.
>>
>>50351960
Thats fake. 100% guaranteed. Screencap this post.

Some anon posted it here first, no source, no backup on his claims.
>>
File: FHPDCfG.png (119KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
FHPDCfG.png
119KB, 402x564px
>>50351960
>2++ invul save on terminators that blind opponents who shoot at them
>>
>>50352032
I'm obviously referring to the other units who aren't getting updated models before the release of the Traitor Legions book, dumbass. Did you not see the Warp Talons example in my post?
>>
>>50351987
i agree, the new 1k sons official name is "rubric marine" i know thats what the full name of them is but in CSM codec its just thousand sons.

can easily be updated version like purestain genestealers for sure.
>>
>>50352045
3++ isn't it? 5-2=3
>>
>>50352048
Why'd you say Thousand Sons if they aren't reusing old kits?
>>
>>50352067
Temrinator 5++
Mark of Tzeentch -1
Power -2
>>
>>50352035
Agreed.
>>
>>50350751

>tfw no more deploying tanks sideways then pivoting to get a couple free inches forward
>>
>>50352078
Fucking tzeentch
>>
>>50352069
They are, they're using the old Tzeentch Horrors kit but with new unit entries.
>>
>>50351989
What about something like remora drones, at 90 points a piece I run 2 of them at 1k since they still take up less than 20% of my points cost?
>>
File: 1443684502005.png (95KB, 283x293px) Image search: [Google]
1443684502005.png
95KB, 283x293px
>>50352082

>mfw I use to do that and felt dirty every time
>>
>>50351987
Since Tzeentch is the patron of the Ksons dex, GW will stay in character by having the god of hope offer the possibility of greatness but then snatch it away just as planned.

The traitor legions supplement presumably contains rules for all legions (so Ksons . . . twice?) and will reflect the nature of all gods. First you'll be mad as fuck when you read how Khorne got shafted again, then you'll excessively purchase several models anyway like a Slaaneshi retard, and finally the book will be shipped with anthrax powder for that Nurgly touch and because the UK is full of terrorist muslims now
>>
>>50352096
Those are Daemons not Thousand Sons.
>>
>>50352103
Go shitpost elsewhere, you aren't amusing.
>>
>>50350874

They excel at being cheaper than tacticals, while also getting to ambush the hell out of the enemy.
>>
>>50352115
They're in the Thousand Sons Codex you pedantic twat. The post was referring to the books "Codex: Thousand Sons" and "Codex Supplement: Traitor Legions", holy shit, learn some reading comprehension.
>>
>Q: Do plasma cannons and other Gets Hot Blast weapons benefit from rules that allow them to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1? For example, a Clan Raukaan character wearing the Tempered Helm nominates a unit of friendly Devastators to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1 in this Shooting phase. These Devastators are all equipped with plasma cannons. Do they get to re-roll the Gets Hot roll if it comes up as 1?
>A: Yes.

Fuck yes, plasma tanks are back on the table
>>
>>50352117
Stop /pol/lution report toxic waste to the authorities.
>>
>>50352100
And people wonder why the FAQ's got such obvious answers in them...
>>
>>50352097
Post the rules buddy, I don't know forge world tau statlines
>>
>>50352117
Then stop feeding me (You)s, Abdul.
>>
>>50352152
Abdul was the name of the guy I shot with a .50 cal in Afghanistan, eurocuck.
>>
>>50352137

Plasma tanks? I'm bringing plasma devastators, bitch!
>>
>>50352151
So they are 90 points each
AV10 all round
1 Twin linked long barrelled burst cannon: S5 AP5 Assault 6 36 inch
1 Networked markerlight
2 seeker missiles
BS3
2HP
Deep Strike
Hover
Shrouded
>>
>>50352078
>>50352090

If this is true (I doubt it), then I'm buying every Chaos terminator I can find on eBay for maximum termie spam.
>>
File: file.png (569KB, 725x510px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
569KB, 725x510px
Fun fact.

Imperial agents is a standalone Codex.

Traitor legions is just a Supplement.
>>
>>50352202
They cost 72 points each with combi bolter and power sword.
>>
>>50352205
Almost like Imperial Agents doesn't have an existing Codex to draw from while Chaos does?
>>
>>50352205
You said this fact was going to be fun.
>>
>>50352193
I bet your local 1000pt players love you, two of those doesn't sound fun at all
>>
File: 1323919239898.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1323919239898.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>50352205
is the wrath of magnus book just a fluff + formation book? if i made a 1k sons army would i only need the traitor legions book?
>>
>>50352045

Mark of Tzeentch can't increase an invuln save past 3++, unless they change its rules.
>>
>>50352078
Might be even better. See those models? Those are Tartaros armors. Whats special about that? They didnt have relentless but instead had Slow&Purposeful... and 4++. So they might actually have inbuilt 3++ due tartaros 4++ and MoT +1inv combining.

...Which is 2++ anyway with that power but hey! Inbuilt stormshields!
>>
>>50352239
Most likely the other way around
>>
>>50351960
Christ, now that "leak" who someone came up in previous thread is spreading like ebola, already in Faet and Bols and being quoted as an actual leak from a trustworthy and reliable source.

Now we have to suffer through a week of people crying about magnus with re-rollable 2++ save oneshotting stormsurges with autodeleting D-shots until the actual scans come out next week.
>>
>>50352235
Well since they can't take vehicle battle systems I had both taken out by an early warning override riptide wing and their sms. Is a riptide wing in 1000 points worse than 2 of those drones?
>>
>>50352239
It's a campaign book, so.. a few formations, a named captain level character and maybe some premade units with locked wargear but special rules.
>>
>>50352242
It wouldn't be, the psychic power is what takes it past the 4++
>>
>>50352253
really?
>>
>>50352250
3++, but yes.

That's what I'm hoping too.

Just curious how the Rubrics flamers will work.
>>
>>50352260
Yes. What the fuck kind of store do you play at where people field a Wing at 1000
>>
>>50352254

Fuck Stormsurges.

#makechaosgreatagain
>>
>>50350762
>Torchstar is best waifu
that explains why GW killed her in warzone damocles
>>
>>50352205
Well, of course. And thats good... For CSM. When they get a new dex Traitor Legions will just modify the base codex.
>>
>>50352250
No, you are thinking catiphracti terminator armor. Tarteros lets you sweep.
>>
>>50352284
>Fuck Stormsurges.

With a slaaneshi titan strapon

>#makechaosgreatagain
>>
>>50352307
Oh? Well fuck that then.
>>
>>50352307
But you can't sweep with S&P
>>
>>50352174
Abdul was one of the names of that basketball player who trained with Bruce Lee, Warcrimesboy.
>>
>>50352205
Fun fact.

Angels of Death was a supplement.
Which is exactly what Traitor Legions is. A supplement to its parent codex.
>>
>>50352321
Is that why thousand sons are so dusty?
>>
>>50352321
Chaos, amirite?
>>
>>50352321
Exactly. They get no benefit from it.
>>
>>50352254
>magnus with re-rollable 2++
But Anon, Magnus will be a Daemon of Tzeentch for rerolling 1's and a Daemon, so the Grimore of True Names / Cursed Earth will affect him.

I can make Magnus have a 2++ rerollable using existing tools if I wanted.

>I won't because I don't play CSM, more of Daemons of Tzeentch kind of guy.
>>
>>50352283
I have the most WAAC store ever.
1 eldar who spams D wraiths like it's nothing.
1 Necron who runs croissants in every game
1 Tank IG
1 farsight player who spams riptides
1 csm and 1 ork player who do nothing but paint since their armies are shit and their poor (chinaman a plenty for them)
1 Grey knight player who is just cancer
And one space marine player who runs drop pods out his ass with a thunderhawk.
Welcome to Australia and it's gw stores
>>
>>50352032
>realize that the TSons Sorcerer looks fucking great
>wanna get it before GW removes it from the site
>check the site just now
>it's gone forever
Oh joy.
>>
>>50352337
ayyyyyy lmao
>>
>>50350575
Explain this faulty statement, what strenghts do you find in Bangles?
>>
>>50352416
>1 Necron who runs croissants in every game
Didn't they die in 7th?
>>
>>50352416
Get them to stop, or illuminate them with the power of skyhammer.
>>
So should I go Eldar or Tzeentch for dominating the magic phase?
>>
>>50352418
It'll return as a 20$ single model
>>
>>50352390
>2++ rerollable with FNP 5+ will ignore 107/108 wounds
GUARD OR DIE
>>
>>50352418
had 2 blisters of em for about 6years, never played chaos
>>
>>50352436
No such thing.
>>
>>50352441

You faggots will get it from the chinks for $5 anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>50352416
>cancerous Grey Knights
How so?
>>
>>50352450
Psychic phase. You know what I meant you autist.
>>
>>50352429
I don't have much knowledge of necrons, but only the SM Player and I have flyers aside from him, and aside from the IG player and I, aa is hard to come by.
>>50352435
I'll show them once I get my Barracuda-ax-5-2 and tear them a new one with deep striking S10 ap1
>>
>>50352445
Rev up those D-weapons 'cuz we are sending this huge nerd back to warp!
>>
>>50352441
>>50352447
Ok wait nevermind lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/40K-Chaos-Space-Marines-Tzeentch-Thousand-Sons-Finecast-Sorcerer-/221742213884?hash=item33a0ddaafc:g:4TEAAOSwBahVKlnQ
>>
>>50352463
500 point game, runs a command termi squad (I don't know grey knight units, his entire army was 1 squad) with plasma siphon. And then teleports behind my army and spams psychic shit out the ass, Insta deathing my commander. Pay in mind this was my first game ever, so I was running the contents of the old start collecting box.
>>
File: Divi9yo.png (41KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
Divi9yo.png
41KB, 112x112px
>>50352489
get one before it turns into $300 tomb kings
>>
>>50352481
Now all you need to do is hit, get a high enough result to kill him and get through the 1/36 chance of him failing his Invulnerable
>>
>>50352541
Jesus christ
>>
>>50352578

C-3P0 was right, said no one ever.
>>
>>50352541
That had to be some Paladins, possibly a Librarian, allied with an Inquisitor. Pure Grey Knights don't have access to plasma siphon.
>>
File: 1237278153153.jpg (51KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
1237278153153.jpg
51KB, 291x173px
>>50352541

It was an important life lesson. It taught you the pain of WAAC.
>>
>>50352416
>>50352429

Nothing wrong with croissants now.

They even lost skyfire and can't snap-shot tesla rule. If he is not spamming wraiths it's pretty much fine.
>>
>>50352455
>Resin

Never.
>>
>>50352578
The nice thing about D is that it allows you to bypass saves. Only reason to tolerate it, really. To deal with all the 2++++++ rerollables.
>>
>>50352578
You only need to roll 6 - it ignores all saves and does at least 7 wounds min.
>>
>>50352638
>all the 2++++++ rerollables.
All of 1?
>>
File: Stormfang.png (361KB, 517x377px) Image search: [Google]
Stormfang.png
361KB, 517x377px
>>50352481
This is why the emprah gave us hellfrost weaponry :^)
>>
File: 1241210879418.jpg (58KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1241210879418.jpg
58KB, 604x453px
>>50352627

Join the Chink Side. Only then will you know true power.
>>
>>50352671
>All of 1?
you mean however many you want with tzeentch daemons?
or any unit with sanctuary/stormshield/veil of time?
>>
>>50352695
Nope, resin is garbage, can't take plastic glue, had no gravitas and deforms.
>>
>>50351527

Choose Iron Hands as your founding chapter, you want your Dreadnoughts to self-repair, right?
>>
>>50352715

You can never reroll a reroll.
>>
>>50352638
>>50352647
I forgot about Deathblow, that's not so bad then actually. Still a nightmare for most armies though
>>
>>50352463
I have a GK friend that's gotten pretty cancerous who wins through slaughtering everyone with Libbies, Dreadknights and Draigo in deathstar, and is now pushing everyone in the immediate friend group to get cancerous stuff ourselves (convincing our SM player to go grav spam, telling me to get more Riptides, etc). I mean what can people do against invisible 2++ rerollable with FNP? We can't even play objectives because he has vehicles and deep strike mobility to teleport, cleansing flame, assault etc. He's the only one who can use D with our current armies, and no one has super heavies. I have no clue how to play against that, so we agreed not to play each other since it's always in his favor.
>>
>Page 27 – The Psychic Phase, Witchfire Add the following sentence after the fourth sentence of the first paragraph:‘However, some witchfire powers do not have a weapon profile (such as the Telepathy power, Psychic Shriek); where this is the case, no To Hit roll is required – the attack hits automatically.’

Genestealer Patriarchs with Telepathy just got even better
>>
>>50352612
Would have been
>Librarian
>5 man Terminator squad
>Terminator Inquisitor

...In fact, that means not only is the guy a WAAC douchebag, but also a cheater as only Ordo Xenos inquisitors can take Siphons, and they can't take Terminator armour and thus can't deepstrike.

t. fellow gk ausfailian.
>>
>>50352798
Shove Culexus assassins up his ass till his eyeballs bleed.
>>
>>50351648
Don't waste your money on witches, they're a waste of space now. Get some scrouges, more reavers. Maybe some more warriors to build as highborne.
>>
>>50352798
Jesus christ that's horrifying
Does he not realise if you all go maximum WAAC he'll cap out way below you guys?
>>
>>50352268

But it does, because current Thousand Sons have an Aura of Dark Glory and the Mark of Tzeentch to get their 3+. Much like you're not allowed to fire your Heavy Bolters first then your Battle Cannon and still shoot at full BS, you can't say 'Well the MoT takes me to the 3+ and then I use other stuff to go the rest of the way'.
>>
>>50352816
That or Sisters of Silence right?
>>
File: 45435234234.png (28KB, 641x633px) Image search: [Google]
45435234234.png
28KB, 641x633px
>Rules don't apply to units inside vehicles unless specifically stated
>Units inside the vehicle however do count as scouting
>Units inside vehicles do not count as jinking

Why? Why yes for one and no for the other?

They truly hate Orks and Blitz Brigade.
>>
>>50352810
True. I think they could've only been Paladins if he ran them as a 3-man squad. Although, I think he might've rolled the Gate of Infinity power, too. For the "teleports behind me" part.

>>50352816
Don't even need a Cullexus to trigger me, just an Inquisitor with a Null rod in a blob squad of Acolytes/Crusaders triggers me.
>>
>>50352846
I think he wants to prevent everyone from refusing games with him by raising the power level, yet he despises D since he'd get no saves lmao.
>>
File: 546435.jpg (181KB, 550x358px) Image search: [Google]
546435.jpg
181KB, 550x358px
>>50352864
>>
>>50352864

Fuck Blitz Brigade and their pamphlets of rules.
>>
>>50352861
The culexus get killier the more psykers there are.

A GK squad is like pure PCP for him.
>>
>>50352798
Your lowest-investment to turning the tide more in your favor would be Inquisitors and Assassins.

Otherwise S8/S10 since Instant Death tells T4/T5 FnP to fuckoff.

But yeah I'd suggest not playing against him since he sounds like a twat.
>>
>>50352864
The funniest part for me was:
>Q: If veil of darkness deepstrike misshaps me to ongoing reserves, can I come into play with deepstrike? A: If the unit has deep strike.

>Q: If gate of infinity deepstrike misshaps me to ongoing reserves, can I come into play with deepstrike? A: Yes.
>>
>>50352856
Terminators 5++ > MoT 4++ (possibly AoDG to 3+) means the model plays at 3++ or 4++, both within MoT rules
The spell is a one turn effect taking place within the game turn and not list building so has to happen after, it's not optional like firing order
>>
>>50350656

I can see it. Only if they change the mark of tzeench rules though

Expensive troops with good weapons that can shoot magic lazors and are very hard to kill
>>
So are Raiders more viable now? Or is it still not worth it over a Venom?
>>
>>50352416

Which store in Aus is this? My local GW here is fucking cancer too. Town Hall
>>
>>50352798

>telling me to get more Riptides

You play Tau, and you're complaining about Grey Knights?

Also play smaller games. If he's bringing Draigo and Libbies and Dreadknights and a squad of Terminators or Paladins to bulk out the deathstar and Purifiers for Cleansing Flame and Stormravens as you claim he has vehicles, you're giving him too many points to play with.

Spam Interceptor and make his expensive inefficient Deep Strikers cry.

GK are good for one Deathstar and a couple of strikers in the form of DKs, but other than filling your 2 Heavy Support slots with Dreadknights and building one good unit with Draigo/Libby/Terminators, basically the entire Codex is a pile of garbage.
>>
>>50353007
Raiders are shit by design, stick with the venoms.
>>
>>50352950
>>50352956

I believe the new Tzeentch primaris will give a 2++ to models that already have a 4++ even without the Mark of Tzeentch.

In other words, if you have an Exalted Sorcerer with Sigil of Corruption, it will get a 2++ from the spell.
>>
>>50352806
>Genestealer Patriarchs with Telepathy just got even better
I think you mean "have always been this good"

FAQs do not change rules (for the most part, I know some do. this one didn't)
>>
>>50352861
Culexus is a lot scarier.
>>
>>50353045

>Shit by design

Why
>>
>>50353046

Lookin good but I wonder what theyll do with Nurgle and plague marines then

Maybe give them a blight grenade explosion on a roll of dice at the time of death ?
>>
>>50352944
And those two are literally one right after the other
>>
>>50353039
Sounds like he's a chill Tau player though. I'm betting 1 Rip, 1 broadside, a Stormsurge if over 2k and actual painted fire warriors
>>
>>50353039
I keep seeing posts about 1000 pt games, I'll probably give that a shot.
>>
>>50352810
Slightly related question, but is there a canon picture of the plasma syphon?
>>
>>50352944
Why must necrons be merged so, esp. Monoliths?...
>>
Anyone have the non-fucked Planetary Onslaught epub?
>>
>>50353090
Restriction can be fun, its why I never leave the 1500 point range.

Too much and the game just becomes shit Why I never understand this Apoc bullshit
>>
>>50353090
BEST FUCKING LEVEL
GK get their Star neutered or it takes the majority of their budget and they are a reasonable kill. It's hard to be bullshit at 1000 and its obvious at List stage
>>
>>50353080
1 Rip, 1 Broadside no Stormsurges. I play with the contingents so I have a good reason to take Hammerheads, Fire Warriors, Pathfinders over Drones etc. i've played against Mc spam Tau, and I hated it. At least I can at least claim to be balanced and fun with my opponents.
>>
>>50353148
The Tau player we need, but not the one we deserve
>>
File: 1ebzlg.jpg (73KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1ebzlg.jpg
73KB, 512x384px
>>50353112
>>
File: Iron shitstorm.jpg (625KB, 3250x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Iron shitstorm.jpg
625KB, 3250x1181px
I love based Iron Warriors

Also, I hope they get some heavy weapons-tanks special rules with the traitor legins thing
>>
>>50352032
Wait, is having FIVE flamers AND an assault cannon in a standard squad allowed now?
>>
>>50353180
What if I want to read it on my tablet?
>>
>>50353178
>tfw there's probably a few of us in the threads but don't like to mention because foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Taufags instantly go off on anyone who plays the faction
>>
You think 12 genestealers, 8 with toxin sacs and 4 with adrenal glands, would make for a decent kill team? I was oggling Lost Patrol and having an instant Tyranid Kill Team as well as a few scouts along with a full game seems like a decent deal.
>>
>>50353205
Not an assault cannons, but it looks like it.
>>
>>50353194
As if they'll get more than something like angry demon tank soul that grants their landraider's lascannons to be twinlinked.
>>
Seeing as though the Tau players are here now, I have a set of question for you guys.
If I take a commander with 2 gun drones and a drone controller, can you join a squad of 4 marker drones and have the drone controller affect all of them?
Will the gun drones auto pass los?
If you also took counterfire defence system as well, do the drones get bs2 on overwatch from cds and dc as well?
If you instead took vectored retro thrusters, whose initiative do you use for hit and run?
>>
>>50353217
Kobo on android

If you're on iOS just buy the book since you like throwing money away.
>>
so is the maleceptor any less shit now that it's psychic power autohits?
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 871x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 871x960px
>>50353221
I'm glad to see more of the respectable Tau players here.
>>
>>50353221
Tau seem nice as a faction but they're the most easily broken so the brain dead WAAC fags go for them
>>
>>50353221
Yeah, I play 1000 point games with no MCs as tau, never get any credit for not being a cunt
>>
>chaos should be able to use 30k equipment!
>GW gives rotor cannons and the useless terminator variant

Oh GW, every day you surprise me.
>>
>>50353263
No, its still Warp charge 2.
>>
>>50353141
Eldar cad1:
Farseer
3xWindriders
3xWindriders
Wraithknight

Eldar cad2:
Autarch
3xWindriders
3xWindriders
Wraithknight

964/1000p
Has some room for upgrades, prolly jetbikes for bot HQ's or few scatter lasers for bikes. Knights do the heavy lifting while rest of the army stays in reserve and/or out of sight as long as possible.
>>
>>50353255
Yes, no, no and Drone's I4.
>>
>>50353126
>>50353141

1k THE ONE TRUE POINTS LEVEL.

Enough to have fun stuff, not enough to start dealing with bullshit.
>>
>>50351960
>>2: pick the result of one dice in your turn
100% deathstrike blown on a D weapon, anyone?
>>
>>50353296

You can bring a riptide wing in 1000 points. Or three wraithknights.
>>
>>50353314
I can also bring a sledgehammer and some acetone to a 1000 point game but the people playing in this range have a distinct lack of dick in their mouths so I rarely have to field it.
>>
>>50353295
For the counterfire system, I've seen lots of debate on forums and never a clear reason for one way or the other. Is there a FAQ for it? It seems like a shit piece of wargear of it doesn't synergise with dc.
>>
>>50353330

There's nothing special about 1000 points is what I'm saying. Dicks will still be dicks. There needs to be point restrictions per slot choice.
>>
Which codex is worst in game?

Chaos Space Marines
Blood Angels
Adepta Sororitas
Orks
>>
>>50353239
Run them with GSC rules unless you have a Broodlord you want to throw in with them.

But yeah, Genestealer kill teams are cool, if yolo-y.
>>
>>50351013

When I saw the link to the final version of the FAQ this morning, along with GW saying there had been sweeping changes, my heart leaped. I scanned through it frantically, trying to find the grenades, hoping beyond hope that my Tankbustas would be usable once more.

Words cannot express the sadness I felt when I saw that nothing had changed.

I'm happy for Dark Eldar players though. Now there is merely the long wait before the official Ork FAQ is released and I can get really fired up!
>>
>>50353330
I once saw a guy field a tigershark A-X-1 in a 1000 point game, that was really autistic and he tabled the tank IG he was playing against
>>
>>50353205
Nah, you can give the entire squad flamers if you want. Plus a cannon. So 8 Flamers and a Cannon. Or 9 Flamers if you don't want a cannon. 10 with no Aspiring Sorceror.
>>
>>50353363
Are they better in the GSC codex? What's the difference between the two?
>>
>>50353362
Orks.

Chaos dominate Orks.

Sororitas are flamer heaven.

Blood Angels are Space Marines with flamers.

Its undeniable.
>>
>>50353250
Ok, my bad, question still stands. Standard squad (I'm assuming) Flamers still count as special weapons, yeah? Rotor cannon would be heavy, or at least another special. Since when has a standard squad been allowed to take FIVE special weapons AND a heavy or SIX special weapons if the rotorator's not a heavy? Or has the whole 30K Support Squad rules taken over 40K rules, in which case, that squad should ALL have flamers.
>>
>>50353217
iBooks on ipad
>>
>>50353362
Without supplements: Dark eldar. With supplements it is probably Orks. Sisters arent actually that terrible
>>
>>50353386
GSC gets an extra attack, 5+ invulnerable save, and the superior GSC ambush table that can potentially let them enter reserve 6" from an enemy and assault the same turn.
>>
>>50353379
So, the 30k Support Squads have now overtaken 40K tactical squads in the 40K rules. Wow.
>>
>>50353314
But the point is very few people will, it's absolutely blatant that doing this will be frowned upon. It's also easily identified as utter bullshit
>>
>>50353307
>>50353350
I feel like it's only worth it for spending spare points but I just take ATS.
>>
>>50353255
1.This is answered by codex. (Independet characters and drones) In short: yes and yes.
2.Auto pass what? Line of sight?
3.This is a tricky one, cds says the model fires with bs2. Controller says drones use the controllers bs. I'd say if the controller fires overwatch then drones use the bs2 too. If controller doesn't (typical with buffmander w/o guns) fire overwatch, then drones are bs1.
4.You use the best characteristic available for the unit.
>>
>>50353400
No shit, what do you think it looks all fucked up in?
>>
>>50353367
You realize the rulebook says one per phase, right? it was an intentional change in 7th ed.
>>
>>50353398
Book isn't released yet, used to be Thousand Sons could have NO special/heavy weapons, who knows how it'll work.
>>
>>50353417
Messed up for that first quote, sorry for the offtopic (You).
>>
>>50353386
GSC Genestealers get Scything Talon upgrades cheaper, Stealth, and a 5++. They can't, however, take Adrenal Glands or Toxin Sacks, but for what you get, that's small potatoes.
>>
>>50353396
ITC stats show ORks and Chaos marines are both mid-tier.

Blood angels are the weakest army in the game, it's fact.
>>
>>50353362
Orks.

>>50353386
Yes. They lose Bulky, get a 5+ Invuln, an extra Attack, have Stealth, and can use the GSC ambush table.
>>
File: 1401023970197.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1401023970197.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>50353440
>ITC
>>
>>50353423
1. thanks
2. look out sir
3. He is armed with 2 plasma rifles if it matters
4. thanks
>>
>>50353429
True.
>>
File: 87699789.jpg (14KB, 190x247px) Image search: [Google]
87699789.jpg
14KB, 190x247px
>>50353440
>ITC
>>
>>50352880
Yeah 3 paladins if it was only a 5 man squad is also possible.

Gate of Infinity is possible on GK Grand Masters and Librarians so that is legitimate with a xenos inquisitor if that's the case. Still really rather evil.

>>50353094
Not that I'm aware of. Probably some alien orb or box looking thing.
>>
>>50353426
Whelp, fuck that shit. Other neo-gw-epubs worked for me in iBooks before.
>>
>>50352728
Do you mean plastic cement? Then no shit, because it's not plastic.

Just spend the whole dollar to buy a packet of two tubes of Superglue brand superglue gel.
>>
>>50353440
>ITC

Only because they still allow Zhadsnark to be fielded.
>>
>>50353413
Standard are Inferno Bolters, wth Warpflamers being a choice they can all take. Only one can take the Soulreaper Cannon.
>>
>>50353440
>Blood angels are the weakest army in the game, it's fact.
No, they just have the worst players.
>>
>>50353416
Well as I mentioned above, It's seen as pretty normal in my store, with all of the wraith spam, tank IG, necron/grey knight/sm cancer that goes along with the riptide wing in 1000 point. They guy is now going to run an OSC with his wing to be extra cancer.
>>
>>50353480
That's shit for conversions, crappy brittle bond.
>>
>>50353294
>>50353314

I can easily fit a LoC/Prince, 3 Heralds, screamers, and Horrors in 1000 points and summon more to my heart's content of you want to play that game.

>>50353296

I love 1000 point games, though. They used to be the majority of my games when I had regular games. We'd occasionally play 1850, but it wasn't hard to see how unenjoyable it was. 1500 was hit or miss leaning towards fin most of the time, but 1000 was just right.

I'm starting to think that 750 might be good with the current shitstorm of rules, though. I don't get enough games anymore to properly judge.
>>
>>50353396

What's so special about flamers now?
>>
>>50353535
Orks die to them like really easily.

Because you know, no armour saves, open topped vehicles, ignores our only save, anti assault etc etc
>>
>>50353550

>our

I'm so sorry.
>>
>>50353550

So, they kill the worst army in the game. How does that make them super special?
>>
>>50353561
Follow
T
H
E
Chain
>>
>>50353518
Better to have break points for when something falls than to have a part itself break dramatically.

Also means you don't have to saw off an arm if you ever need to remove it for whatever reason.
>>
File: 1466008276341.jpg (106KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1466008276341.jpg
106KB, 850x850px
>>50353560
Its alright, I am too..
>>
>>50353409
>Without supplements: Dark eldar.

Now that they aren't crippled by the Jink/Snapfire ruling, Dark Eldar are broadly playable again. They get fucked hard by Ignores Cover weapons, but being able to spam superfast, cheap MSU units makes them great in objective games. They're certainly better than Orks, who generally don't do anything except slowly walk forwards and die.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-22-17-21-38~2.png (549KB, 1215x990px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-22-17-21-38~2.png
549KB, 1215x990px
Hiding on multiple floors just became a whole lotta liability.
>>
>>50353578
Better to have plastic that just bounces and stays intact.
>>
>>50353396
Y'all look like you need some XV109s
Strength 6 ap2 heavy 2 torrent 6 inch gets hot
make TEQs rue the day they thought that they were immune to flamers.
>>
>>50353080
>Broadsides are brokeden
>>
>>50353566
>what did he mean by this?
>>
File: Problem astartes.jpg (7KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
Problem astartes.jpg
7KB, 221x228px
>>50353610
>Broadsides are broken
>MFW
>>
>>50353463
Ok,
2.They have to roll just like everyone else. Unless your Independent character is in a unit with crisis suit bodyguard(s) who have the sworn protector special rule, which allows IC's to auto pass all look outs and those can be passed to unit upgrade drones too, if they are closest to the IC.
3.There is no errata on this and it seems it has some divide in some communities. In general characteristic change priority is first multipliers, then additions and subtractions and last anything that sets the characteristic at specific number. Snapshots sets the bs to 1 unless some special rule say otherwise. CDS allows BS2 for the model and controller says the drones use whatever bs the controller have, so I'd say they have bs2 too, but you might be better off checking this with your opponent if possible
>>
>>50353610
I don't think broadsides or riptides are broken individually. They are however easily spammed and highly efficient if the player chooses to do so
>>
>>50353648

Eh, Riptides are pretty undercosted for the amount of shit that they do, which is only compounded in multiples.
>>
>>50353597
This isn't mageknights or heroclix.
>>
>>50353666
Pretty much my point, they're both awesome units that I would definitely field myself were I to play Tau but in multiples they really turn the game into a crapshoot for many otherwise fun armies
>>
>>50353648
One riptide shouldn't be a problem in 750p+ games. Broadsides are fine. The are literally 70p 2w terminators without invulnerable saves and are locked in position with 36'' heavy weapons with their most common loadout (HYMP+SMS+Interceptor). If you can handle terminators you can handle broadsides. They have great offensive force multiplier value with their build-in twin-linked and volume of fire but you can play around it to a reasonable decree, unless you play on an empty board.
>>
>>50352423
i dont find many man we fucking suck i was just saying the cool new thing to say. I mean yea we just got an update but it wasn't that good. The formation we got was just the base with a couple special ones whose rules suck since they are pretty much "you can charge the turn you come in but you get no bonuses for it."
>>
>>50352798
>Libbies, Dreadknights and Draigo
645 pts min

>what can people do against invisible 2++ rerollable
Librarian conveniently rolled Sanctuary, Invisiblity, AND Veil of Time with 3 dice.

>with FNP?
5 man Paladin squad with Apothecary is 295 pts

>We can't even play objectives because he has vehicles
Rhinos, Razorbacks, Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts, and Stormravens.

>deep strike mobility to teleport
I'll give you that guarantee Gate and Shunts from Dreadknights (30pt per NDK)

>Cleansing flame
Either the Librarian rolled it, or took Purifiers (125pt min), also known as 25ppm with the durability of a Tactical Marine with no Deep Strike, so they're footslogging, Rhino(35pts)/Razorback(55pts), Stormraven (200pts), or Land Raider (240-250pts)

>assault etc.
They do that, be careful.

>He's the only one who can use D
So his Librarian also gets Vortex of Doom with his 3rd dice, (or with the relic for +1 power, 25pts)

What I'm getting at with the points is you're playing at like... 1500pts. And you didn't even mention a Troop choice so 110+pts tacked on.

A few of your points were random powers. I highly doubt you are facing a 2++ rerollable invisible, because that requires: Sanctuary, Invisibility, AND Veil of Time. 3 dice, each getting a 1/6 of what you need. With only Sanctuary getting 2 dice if you took the relic.
>>
>>50350439

You don't get Dark Eldar at all, do you?

Aiming while moving at 190mph in a sick tailspin is called sport. They strap blades to their Raiders because they like cutting people's heads off with them while turbo breaking the sound barrier.
>>
File: H&S.jpg (12KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
H&S.jpg
12KB, 284x177px
>>50353666
>Riptides are undercosted for what they do
1 Riptide can vaporise an entire deepstriking terminator squad before they can do anything.
S8 AP2 blast with interceptor is nothing to sniff at. and 185 points for that is absolutely cheap. Also, before accusing me of being an anti-tau-fag, I am a tau player myself,

>Not being hypocritical by running 3 aircraft in a 750 poi-I mean: FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!!
>>
>>50353768
He always seems to get the powers he needs. I'm gonna check the rolls next time, and we would generally play 1500-2000 pt games. Even if it had some hole or flaw it just wasn't fun to go against.
>>
>>50353729

I don't think I'd use them because of how stupid they are. Then again, I actually like Fire Warriors and would use them as the core of my army.

>>50353740

Broadsides have always been fine. Even when they had the S10Ap1 back in 4th/5th.

>>50353777

See, it's the blast that makes that broken against deep striking because they HAVE to be clustered together.
>>
>>50353777

Their bigger issue is their nosense 2+ armor with 4++ invul and stupid T/W statistics. I get it, Tau is good at shooting, but why the fuck they are so durable too.
>>
>>50353829
Cause Mecha Suits in Space.
>>
>>50353845
>Cause Mecha Suits in Space
Cause Creature Suits in Space*
>>
What do you think is the most irritating and pointless part of a model kit build, /tg/?

My vote goes to that one irritating wire in the Sydonian Dragoons kit, where the other two are modelled in place and they have you stick he middle one in for no reason.
>>
>>50353691
No, those are rubber.
>>
>>50353829
>4++ invul
5++ it has to go nova for 3++.
>>
>>50353744
Your honesty made me sad :(
>>
>>50353862
My mistake.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (84KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
84KB, 873x627px
>>50353868

Tomb Blades "blades" on sides. Almost impossible to glue in same angle and no fucking anything to hold them in one place to glue. They always fall if you dont hold them. They always break in transport too. And they serve nothing, as tomb blade have nothing to melee.
>>
>>50353868
I nominate fitting the legs in the Onager Dunecrawler kit. Having to keep them all together is one thing, but the fucking razor sharp spikes on the legs is another.

Fuck that entire kit, in fact, fuck the entire Skitarii range, it's all small spindly limbs that snap at a moments notice.
>>
>>50353868
Pulse carbines for tau
>In B4 Breachers are actually good
I couldn't give less fucks about breachers I'm talking about S5 ap 5 18" assault 2 on Tau.
As far as things that need to be glued go, the bases that come with remora drones give me cancer. You get a base with the height of a normal drone for a flyer and it isn't even the right size so it constantly facing at a 30 degree angle down.
>>50353823
The Ion Accelerator should be made a 20 point upgrade and its range reduced to 30"/36" and then it will be more balanced.
>>50353862
Do not start this again please, this debate over whether battlesuits should be walkers or mc gives me cancer
>>
>>50353810
Make sure he is follow Powers Cast = Mastery Level.

Also new FAQ stated no Novas in transports. (double check me)

I'm not trying to knock you, but it's pretty convenient that he is getting the ideal set of powers.

Also for that point limit, what are you bringing?
>>
>>50353963
>The Ion Accelerator should be made a 20 point upgrade and its range reduced to 30"/36" and then it will be more balanced.
With riptide wing, most of the heavy riptide lists are using heavy burst cannon instead, with like 1 or 2 iontides for interception.
>>
>>50353777

Are there any Soviet-themed Marine chapters?
>>
>>50353918
I didn't mind the Dunecrawler much. Probably made a mistake picking the Admech for my first army, though, all the models are complicated as fuck. Having quite a lot of trouble with some Sicarian Infiltrators at the moment, but once they're done and painted I can move on to 30k Admech which are slightly less crowded and flimsy. Lots more big robots and solid tanks, and less spindly mechadendrite arms.
>>
File: 1400500114385.jpg (404KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1400500114385.jpg
404KB, 1200x1200px
Is Cegorachs Revenge a good formation for Harlequins above 1500 points? What do you do with all of the dark reapers or shadowseers that dont go into transports? Or do you just say fuck it and play all foot harlies since every squad would have veil of tears?
>>
>>50353771
I hope they get the aerial assault rule back and that it also allows the passengers to shoot at full BS despite the vehicle moves mor than 6".
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (427KB, 1051x979px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
427KB, 1051x979px
thoughts about using these instead of battle wagons?
>>
>>50354225

Omg yes please!

Would turbo boosting Deldar that can fire at full BS really be that bad?
>>
>>50354173

Not right now. Googling it, all that comes up is mostly a chick cosplaying.

What would the chapter be called, Space Bears?
>>
>>50350395
I just want to take this time to say fuck you. Fuck you to all the people who wanted to blindly accept this bullshit new rule, because that's exactly what it was. It had nothing to do with existing rules and was based on fluff rather than crunch, which is fine, except it further broke the game.

I also want to say thank you to all the brave keyboard warriors who like me moaned about it wherever they could, 'tis a great day for Dark Eldar.

I guess I might actually consider finishing up my Ghost Arks as well now that they actually follow the rules as written.
>>
>>50354281

I had the idea of "Repressors".
>>
>>50354275
It'd be proper according to fluff.
>>
>>50354290

That works too, though it's already the name of the mobile bunker heavy apcs used by Ecclesiarchy forces.
>>
>>50353491
Also Buzzgob's Kustom Stompa
>>
File: latest-1.gif (20KB, 599x188px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.gif
20KB, 599x188px
Can anyone recommend me a transportation method for valkyries? They're frikken huge and fiddly and I'm not sure if there's a good foam tray option for them. Ive got one but with probably take two eventually.

While I'm at it, those of your with knights, what do you do? Mine rides shotgun with me and its only a matter of time before mom seatbelt tactics fail me when someone hits brakes in front of me.
>>
>>50354322
Wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in a cardboard box. Put the flying stand upside down into the sides of the cardboard box.
>>
>>50354293

Right?

>3 raiders move 12"
>dump 60 TL poison shots
>boost 36" away
>jink the shit out of return fire
>repeat

Fuck. That's how it should be.
>>
File: file.png (68KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
68KB, 300x225px
>>50354322
Scale and apply as template to foam.
>>
>>50354373
Isn't boost in the shooting phase?
>>
>>50354381
Yes. Shoot with the warriors, then boost the fuck away with the raider. It would be JSJ on steroids, or you know, super cocaine because Deldar.
>>
>>50354173
No, there's IG doing that.

GW tends to stick with a single real world Expy (except Necrons/Thousand Sons)
>>
>>50354376
Oh, neat. You don't happen to know the thickness here do you?
>>50354351
Good idea.
>>
>>50354405

And I guess the Ordo Hereticus are basically the NKVD.
>>
>>50354322
Custom case if you've got money, shoebox and pellets/bubblewrap/etc if you don't
>>
>>50354408
Uhh 4 inch i think maybe 5.
You can look up battlefoam for the square size.
>>
>>50354268
Isn't it actually squishier against heavy fire?
>>
>>50354416
They are the inquisition.
>>
>>50354446
It won't die to a single melta

But massed autocannons are more dangerous to it than a vehicle.
>>
>>50353982
I haven't gone against him in a while so I don't have a current list I'm having issues against him with. To paraphrase what I typically bring, 20+ Fire Warriors with Shas'ui Markerlights, 3 5-man Pathfinders, 2 3-man crisis suits with plasma, Riptide, Longstrike Railgun Hammerhead and Buffmander with Iridium, FnP and 4++. To fill in points I might bring the OSC (or it's suits seperate), Broadside, Drone Network, and even more crisis suits. It all depends on if I'm going Farsight and what the opponent brings generally. To be honest I'm the only person that really stands a fair chance against him but he can outplay me and win in numbers so well it's crazy. Is the cast limit per unit or per psyker?
>>
>>50354275
If they aren't given stupid man portable D weapons (and they won't) they'll be fine, perhaps lower middle tier.
>>
>>50354493

If you put the rules on the Deldar themselves and not the Raider, you don't have to worry about WG.
>>
So the complete list of TSons Dataslates are going to be:

1. Rubricae

2. Occult Terminators

3. Magnus

4. Ahriman

5. Exalted Sorcerors

6. Tzaangors

7. Pink Horrors

8. Blue Horrors

9. Brimstone Horrors
>>
>>50354530
>three kinds of horrors instead of horrors/flamers/screamers
weird decision
>>
>>50351025
>What are dreads, nobs, rokkits, and literally anything into assault for orks for 2000 Alex.
>>
>>50354590
Brimstone horrors are likely a rename of flamers (fire and brimstone ect)
>>
>>50354596
You seriously putting forth nobs, dredds and rokkits as worthwhile anti-tank proposals?
>>
>>50354618
No, brimstone horrors are the teeny yellow horrors in the silver tower game.
>>
File: Brimstone Horrors.jpg (82KB, 840x719px) Image search: [Google]
Brimstone Horrors.jpg
82KB, 840x719px
>>50354618
Nope, they're the little fire horrors that Blue Horrors splt into when they die.

They go Pink = 2 Blue = 4 Brimstone
>>
File: 109789523521351.png (228KB, 474x606px) Image search: [Google]
109789523521351.png
228KB, 474x606px
>>50354290

Should the symbol be a hammer and sickle or a star? Or a mix of the two?
>>
File: 60010799002_WHQSilverTowerENG06.jpg (75KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
60010799002_WHQSilverTowerENG06.jpg
75KB, 920x950px
>>50354618
Nah, they're a thing from the AOS silver tower game. A pink splits into two blues, then a blue splits into two bases of brimstones.
>>
>>50354655
>>50354664

So, a new Swarm unit?
>>
>>50354655
>>50354648
Oh, forgor rhose were a thing.

But yeah off where the flamers went.

Hmm maybe...
Sorceres enslaved sceamers as discs, maybe the Rubrics flamers have bound flamers inside?
>>
>>50354483
Each Psyker can cast up to their Mastery.
So basic GKs get Hammerhand OR Force

NDK gets Sanctuary OR Force

Etc.
>>
>>50354681
>Sorceres enslaved sceamers as discs
nah m8, disks and screamers are separate organisms

Either this means horrors are getting new profiles and the flamers/screamers can be taken with their codex: daemons profiles, or it means the thousand sons can't use flamers or screamers because of reasons.

Hopefully the former.
>>
>>50354715
disks are just tamed screamers though
>>
File: IMG_20161122_185904.jpg (77KB, 711x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161122_185904.jpg
77KB, 711x474px
>>50354715
>Discs and Screamers are separate
U wot
>>
>>50354715
They can get Horrors as troops and they split into Blue/Brimstone as they get damaged. There'll be models for the Blue and Brimstone daemons released.

They can ally in other daemons.
>>
>>50354721
>>50354746
huh, I wonder when they changed it
>>
>>50354659

The star. Space Marines aren't proletariat.
>>
File: IMG_20161122_190514.jpg (102KB, 624x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161122_190514.jpg
102KB, 624x768px
>>50354790

My pic is from the 4th ed Daemons Codex, which was printed in 07
>>
File: dea[1].jpg (228KB, 963x830px) Image search: [Google]
dea[1].jpg
228KB, 963x830px
Which army do I play to dominate the psychic phase?

Eldar or Tzeentch?
>>
>>50354838
Asassins
>>
File: discs.png (276KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
discs.png
276KB, 800x440px
>>50354790
Going back to Chaos 2nd Ed, there's no mention of Screamers, just Discs and they sound like Screamers to me.
>>
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5ecjdb/high_prices_and_low_margins_why_games_workshop/

>oy vey, why are you always complaining about the prices? You should be happy that they only charge this much! They're barely making a profit!
>>
>>50354838
Inquisition can put 36 warp charges into the pool at 1000 points.
>>
>>50354918
they won't really be able to do anything other than dominate the psychic phase... but boy howdy will they do that
>>
File: Untitled.png (376KB, 1045x461px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
376KB, 1045x461px
>>50354889
nah, I remember now

Screamers didn't exist until late 3rd edition 40k. (specifically the 3.5 book). Disks in the 3.5 book weren't screamers. They were their own thing, and closer to constructs in appearance.
>>
>>50354943
So they were only seperate things for one book?
>>
>>50354935
You could put rad grenades onto all of the Inquisitors and have twice the cheese in the same army at the cost of a few warp charges.

A tournament winner if there ever was one.
>>
>>50354970
Yeah?
>>
So are militarum tempestus any good? I really love the models but hardly see them mentioned.
>>
>>50354838

Tzeentch.

I hit at least 14 power dice without even trying at 1000 points(LoC/Prince, Herald x3, 11 horrors x2 = 15), and you can summon more things to dominate the phase while having Daemon Princes and a Lord of Change to do heavy lifting for you.
>>
>>50355002
Just find it weird that you still thought that, if that was the case, is all.

Different if they were seperate up until the 4th editon or something.
>>
>>50355044
Screamers are new daemons, the rest of the entourage are from the realm of chaos days. That's more or less why I thought they were still separate.
>>
>>50355080
Fair enough.
>>
>>50354943

>Discs are daemonic warp entities that soar on the etheric winds in the Eye of Terror

aka Screamers
>>
>>50355031

They're alright if you need some AP3 allied in.

Not too great as a single army though.
>>
>>50355031
Nope.
>>
>>50355118
"daemonic warp entity that soars on the etheric winds in the eye of terror" is an exceedingly general description, and could be describing just about any daemon capable of flight
>>
>>50354904
>all those people suggesting they shut down the physical stores to save operating costs
Utter fucking morons
>>
Getting pretty late
>>50355696
About time we hit the sack
>>50355696
Nothing going on here anyway
>>50355696
>>
>>50355712
I guess you just don't even bother to look first, huh?
>>50354337
>>
>>50355803
Ain't my fault they cbf linking.
>>
File: dfg.gif (2MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
dfg.gif
2MB, 500x277px
>>50355836
>ain't my fault--
Yes it is.
>>
Should I play Tau if I can't afford any of those giant fucking missles on legs.
Thread posts: 487
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.