[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition General /5eg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 33

File: IMG_0253.png (4MB, 1920x1634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0253.png
4MB, 1920x1634px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Thread Topic
What was your favorite PC? Either the one you enjoyed playing as the most, or one you enjoyed playing WITH the most. For DM's, what character did you enjoy creating content for? Was there something specific you liked working with a player on?
>>
>>50331605
The one i enjoyed the most would have been a shitty character i played in high school, because i enjoyed things more, but it was cringey stuff.
My favorite character is my ex-information broker halfling wizard, its fun playing a rogue that isn't a rogue, and even more fun being entirely truthful whenever it matters, cause thats the job.
>>
>>50331605
>that pic
those were some cool threads
>>
>>50331654
>threads

There was more than one? I missed out then. My plan is to actually run a campaign based on that actually in a few months. My group has a rotating DM thing going on, next up is CoS by one guy, then me on STK. After that I'm going to do the custom tower adventure
>>
>>50331605
Funny that, I was just thinking about it.

I made your typical half-orc barbarian. However, he had the 'entertainer' background and claims to have been a magician from a travelling circus.
He wears wizard robes and hat, has a notable moustache and constantly makes an attempt to parade as one. He probably even thinks he is one.

People in the party hadn't worked out that he wasn't a wizard. They even asked him to help with arcana checks.
Nat 20s.
>>
Im going to be running a game with 4 friends this weekend, we're all completely new to ttrpgs.
We bought wrath of ashreddragon. I was thinking of making up 1-2 puzzles and some npcs to fill out the downtime between dungeons.
Do i need to think about what the fights will be like or are the normal mobs fine?
>>
>>50332032
Wrath of Ashadalon is a board game, similar to D&D but more rigid and not requiring a DM. The monsters all have predetermined scripts that they follow, prioritizing certain kinds of enemies to target. So you don't really have to worry about "running" anything.
>>
>>50331605
Sauce of the image?

Google gives nothing
>>
Does anybody know what CR an NPC roughly equivalent to one 6th-level character would be?
Before you tell me "CR doesn't work for solo PCs fighting monsters", I'm using it because someone is interested in switching from another RPG group into mine and I'd rather not have them or me roll up a 6th-level character in case they play once and don't gel with the group or don't enjoy it.
>>
>>50332052
Well that makes things a lot easier.
Im assuming we can still do roleplaying bits so ill try to get some sort of story together.
Can we use the tiles and stuff for dnd later on?
>>
>>50332126
Oh, and in case that phrasing is ambiguous, I'm wondering what CR I should be looking up in the MM to use as a PC surrogate, not what the CR of a 6th-level PC could be calculated as
>>
File: Boardgame.jpg (60KB, 716x498px) Image search: [Google]
Boardgame.jpg
60KB, 716x498px
>>50332142
I don't know specifics about the game you've got but I still use all the shit from the D&D board games from 3rd edition.
Basically, if it looks like this you're good.
>>
Hey guys, I'm totally new to DnD, but I have the Starter Set. I'm going to be running some friends through it in a week or so and I'm really excited to do so. But I'm now wondering, of the three books (DM book, Players handbook and monster manual), is the latter the most optional? I'm going to ask my girlfriend to get me the books for Christmas, but wee're settling on a £50 limi, and that amounts to two books. I figure most monsters could be statted up of my own accord? The two rulebooks seem a little more important.
>>
File: kay.jpg (72KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
kay.jpg
72KB, 604x403px
Was taking a break from DMing. None of my mates who DM in the meantime can get the rules right.

Players forgetting stuff I can tolerate no matter how bad it is, too used to it. But DM telling a guy to apply proficiency for his Con save because the character has Athletics is too much. I've explained the difference between ability checks and saves like four times.

The killing blow was making a guy roll d12 for the saving throw because "DC 12" looked like dice-something to DM, dice choice, I don't fucking know. It's just beyond the autism level I can handle.

>>50332126
Wouldn't do it like that. WotC has a few pregens up to level 10. Seems like the tool for the job.
>>
>>50332142
Yes. The minis are unpainted, but they're the same scale as all other D&D minis. The game will come with some pre-made adventures and instructions on how to run them, and of course you can do roleplaying bits before, during, and after.
>>
>>50332159
Are you playing with a bunch of morons
>>
>>50332154
I would suggest buying the DM guide and MM. let your players buy the PHB, you won't really use it much as the DM except to look up wording, but that's really on your players and you make a ruling
>>
UA is today right? What time do they normally release it?
>>
>>50332153
Yeah, its more or less the same, except with a 9 square dragon and a bunch of cards with spells and moves.
The cards probably should have clued me in that its not exactly dnd.
>>
>>50332142
If you like the way it runs, you can even use the same parts from Wrath of Ashardalon in all the other D&D board games (Legend of Drizzt, Castle Ravenloft, and Temple of Elemental Evil.) They're designed to be kind of modular and use each other's rules.
>>
Tell your personal tips to someone who's gonna be a DM for the first time!
>>
>>50332275
TAKE NOTES!

Don't be afraid to improve.

It is okay for something to not work out like you hoped/planned it would, go with the flow.
>>
File: Overlord Rosa Velvet.jpg (290KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord Rosa Velvet.jpg
290KB, 1280x800px
>>50331605
> What was your favorite PC? Either the one you enjoyed playing as the most, or one you enjoyed playing WITH the most
He was a wanna be dark lord. He wasn't actually especially powerful (a wizard academy dropout), and he wasn't actually really evil (just a poser). His dark horse was stolen from the local stables, and his attempts to threaten people with his non-existing evil legions were laughable.
He ended up meeting the actual villains (us), who realized that he's a fake within minutes... But they've decided that playing along and making him their leader would be too fucking funny of an opportunity to pass up.
There was even a rivalry between two female evil PCs over who gets to be his dark mistress.
>>
>>50332319
>Bullying Butters
For what purpose?
That sounds really fun game,anon
>>
>>50332220
They're just quintessensial casuals, I guess. Except one guy who's also the only good DM of the bunch.

>>50332275
If you run a published module, do it and then realise you can prepare stuff like that quicker and better. The game plus your imagination won't let you down.

Know the rules. Just the essentials for now, but knowing your stuff is important in the long run and helps to make consistent rulings on the fly even if you've forgotten something.

Be brief and evocative in your descriptions. You don't get a lot of time before players' attention span starts to fade away. Describe something, then let them ask questions, answer them. When the conversation is dynamic, it's engaging.
>>
>>50332159
>Rolling a d12 for a DC 12 save.
No one is this stupid.
>>
>tfw you could nova with monk back in playtests
>>
>>50332561
Wouldn't believe myself if I didn't see it.
>>
File: nice meme asshole.png (92KB, 503x257px) Image search: [Google]
nice meme asshole.png
92KB, 503x257px
>>50332653
Which playtest? Because monks didn't get flurry of blows until the very last one, and that lets you spend 1 ki point to make an extra attack, with the RAI being very clear that you can't just dump all of them at once.
>>
>>50333015
>Which playtest?
All from summer and fall 2013
>>
Please let the next UA be the Mystic
>>
>>50333093
99% sure its gonna be cleric. Mystic, as much as I want one, will probably be end of December.
>>
>>50333107
:(
>>
>>50333092
You can download and look at them, they're in the Mega.

Summer 2013 has no flurry at all, and ki was extremely limited because it was only used for the subclass abilities.

Fall 2013 has flurry, but it was only 1 extra attack with the Attack action. Dumping any more than 1 ki on a single turn is purposely misinterpreting what the rule says.
>>
>>50333124
>Fall 2013 has flurry, but it was only 1 extra attack with the Attack action
Read the 8th level feature.

Also In my country september is still summer.
>>
>>50333121
I, too, am a sad panda. I would love to have a semi-official Mystic. Hopefully it won't be shit.
>>
File: Iliira Color.png (1MB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Iliira Color.png
1MB, 726x1024px
>>50331605
>What was your favorite PC?

See, the issue I have is that the thread question is openly asking me to talk about Iliira, but if I do you'll all jump down my throat.

As for the other question, I haven't DM'd a 5e game yet, and so can't answer it. I guess I could talk about the 3e games I DM'd for, but that's, well, 3e, not 5e.
>>
>>50333154
>muh special snowflake
That question is bait, no one actually wants to hear about characters, only arguing about rules.
>>
>>50333139
I'm sorry, but weren't psionics cancer? I've never played with them, but literally every story I hear is about them being awful.

Also Wizards did say they were working on psionic rules. So you might get your wish.
>>
>>50333191
How can they be cancer when they always were the most balanced "caster" ever? is this bait?

They may or may not fit in a fantasy setting, depending on subjective matters, but they were pretty fucking well done, their casting was clear and fair without vanician bullshit and broken spells
>>
>>50333133
Okay, two extra attacks, putting them up to 4... which is what flurry gives 5e monks anyway once they have Flurry of Blows.
>>
>>50333191
Most people who bitch about psionics have never used them, always citing "muh pure European fantasy."
>>
>>50333191
They were only awful/a-problem in like 3.pf if you didn't read the rules and let them put all their points ever into a single attack and do tons of damage (as if damage-causing is the problem in 3.pf...) Otherwise they largely had a lot of "refluffed" wizard spells and some other side stuff.

In 4e they were just a bit different than the other classes and like a lot of things, didn't get a ton of support (and were still basically outclassed by Wizards). They weren't terrible, though, and were kind of interesting.
>>
>>50333191
2e psionics were stupidly overpowered and kind of gave a bad rep to all subsequent psionics.

3e psionics was more balanced than the Vancian spellcasting system it was an alternative to. You'd still be shitting all over fighters or rogues, but a Wizard or Cleric did that anyway.

4e psionics was probably balanced, as were most things in 4e; but also uninteresting and samey compared to other power sources, as were most things in 4e. But I never played with 4e psionics, so I'm not certain on that.

5e Mystic looks like it'll be really, really fun and neat, but not overpowered based on what's been published so far. And of course 5e is the edition wherein R&D is working overtime at trying to maintain balance without cramping style an is doing a fairly good job, at least as compared to 2e, 3e, or 4e.
>>
>>50333235
>two extra attacks, putting them up to 4...
It doesn't have a limit, anon, sure, RAI might be like the limit is 4, but nova monk was never shunned by devs (they mentioned it wasn't very effective but never said it was broken). Eventually we got bonus action that limits this stuff.
>>
>>50333249
Side note, the 5e Mystic seems to be approaching psionics less from a "Professor X" standpoint and more from a "Indian yogi who's all about the chakras and meditation" angle, which allows it to fit into standard fantasy settings better.
>>
>>50333249
>2e psionics were stupidly overpowered
They also had like 3 different systems and I don't believe all of them were overpowered
>>
>>50333245
>muh pure European fantasy
I hate these faggots so much, D&D was never that, never
>>
>>50333286
It's not like this phrase even means anything
>>
New UA when?
>>
>>50333301
What it really means is "Tolkien's Middle Earth during the Third Age, and ripoffs thereof".
>>
I am preparing a backup character that will be a infiltrator Warlock making good use of Mask of Many Faces and the Actor feat. However as I want to play a race that doesn't get any bonus proficiency (Yuan-ti Pureblood) it feels like I have to start him out as a Rogue and then multiclass into Warlock. Would be bringing the character into a 7-8th level game (currently).
How useful would the Rogue's Cunning Action feature be for such a character? It looks really neat (Disengage and knock them back with EB when you're out of melee), but I don't want to delay the Warlock-y stuff for too long (Thought Shield is a key feature for the concept, I think).

As for the proficiency issue (and why I'm looking at a Rogue splash), the character will need to be able to perform scouting/trap-disarming/social stealth; Deception, Insight, Investigation, Perception, Stealth. Fifth skill would probably be Persuasion (depends on how the DM will let me twist Deception usage).
>>
>>50333323
Playing a rogue right now, 12th level. Cunning Action is the most consistently useful class feature I have simply due to the Dash option, nevermind the others.
>>
Gonna play my first rp soon,thinking of rolling a monk.
The dm said he's gonna roll 5e,any tips for a beginner?
>>
>>50333344
Sun Soul Monk. Be Goku.
>>
>>50333312
It's just after 8 in the morning at Wizards HQ, give them time.
>>
>>50333344
Monk is solid all around, save for 4 Elements Monks; it's fun, but its powers are too expensive to really be considered "amazing".

However, Sun Soul, Open Hand, and Shadow are pretty amazing.
>>
>>50333344
Be prepared to use a weapon at lower levels - it'll likely be better than your fists, damage-wise.
Way of the four elements monk is slightly lame due to limited options and everything taking all your ki ever.
You get your ki back after a short rest (I've seen some people think it's only long rest).

Monk is pretty cool. Sun Soul (a tradition in Sword Coast Adventure Guide) Monk is pretty fun cause you get to shoot blasts of sunlight and stuff.
>>
>>50333337
>Dash
You mean disengage, right?
>Attack with BB
>Disengage
>Move
>Laugh at your enemy
>>
>>50332275
>keep the world contained in a small area, no one likes 50 day walks to get anywhere and it will help you keep the world interesting.
>dont have encounters in open terrain all the time, add terrain features like trees and cliffs.
>avoid traps unless you know what your doing. Bad traps just makes the party paranoid and slows the game to a crawl.
>if your not sure on a rule houserule it and look it up later. Having fun is all that matters and keeping the game going is important.
>dont script encounters, social or combat, learn to improv because things will never go how you expect
>>
>>50332159
>Dice Choice 12
>>
>>50333405
No, I mean Dash. The ability to quickly get into position, or quickly GTFO (which Disengaging enables, but it's still the Dash that accomplishes it) has been utterly invaluable. Plus ever since I took the Mobile feat, Disengage isn't really necessary.
>>
>>50332159
>The killing blow was making a guy roll d12 for the saving throw
Reminds me of my party's newbie cleric. Joins the game when we're level 2. Finally wants to hit something with his crossbow, so he rolls 1d8. Maybe he was looking at its damage, but I assume it's because 1d8 was listed as his "hit" die.
>>
>>50333249
4E psionics were weird in that they didn't fully use AEDU: instead of Encounter powers they had some amount of Power points they could use to boost At-Wills. It wasn't the most well-polished sub-system and I don't think these classes had much support (because Mearls) but it was an interesting experiment. Also, psionic defenders (Warbrains! Combatcraniums!) had pretty cool fluff of people using their psionic ponential to enhance (and slightly transmute, I think) their own body

Also also, 4E monks became Psionic when power source Mystic Orient got cut. Reportedly, they were the most fun 4E class to play but I have no personal experience with them
>>
>>50333191
>pisonics
>cancer
They make int actually slightly relevant again.
>>
>>50333503
I loved the psionic's "'breakdown" of Encs into At-wills
So much more fun than standard Encs, giving your more options and decision points - how many PPs to put in, do you need to put them in, which of your several at-wills should you use...
Shame the class had like no support.

Mystic in 5e seems to be going a similar route of blurring the resource management system into a similar direction (one I prefer), which is part of why I really want to see how they do it.
>>
>>50333323
You do know there's a warlock invocation that gives you two skill proficiencies, right? You need more than 6 skills?
>>
Since the revised ranger allows an animal companion to increase their stats, would you allow them to get feats as well? Some limitations could be in place but savage attacker mobile sentinel they could all benefit in a companion.
>>
>>50333561
Up to the DM. Probably some abusable gimmick shit that Wizards of the Coast didn't intend.
>>
>>50333559
Only Deception and Persuasion, and Persuasion is potentially a waste. So that's one Invocation less that could have been spent on actually good shit.
>>
>>50333323
You want to build a character who specializes in splitting the party, going out alone, and making several different skill checks in succession while the rest of the party just watches. I see two problems with this:

1. That's kind of boring for the rest of the party.
2. If you get caught, you're fucked.
>>
>>50333571
Oh and Deception would be granted from the Criminal:Spy background anyway.
>>
>>50333581
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
Speaking of skills

My group is pretty small. Technically there's 4 players but in reality only 2 ever show up. So I was thinking of changing chargen rules slightly so that skills are more available (and so Fighters are less shafted in this regard)

What if each character had 7 proficient skills: 3 from class list, 2 from background, 2 others
They also have expertise in 1 of the 7. Rogues get additional expertise normally
How does it sound?
>>
This simple fix rebalances casters and drives wotc crazy. Find out more!
>>
>>50333604
>everybody gets perception or athletics expertise

>everybody becomes godlike at grappling or almost impossible to ambush
Eh, how about no.
>>
>>50333612
>delete
>>
>>50333620
Even in this scenario there's a ton of ways to fuck over characters three ways to sunday
>>
>>50333323
My old character was a rogue/warlock with deception expertise, actor feat, charlatan false identity, Mask of many faces invocation, etc.

The whole game was spent slogging through dungeons and when it came time to deal with npcs, the barbarian and necromancer just intimidated them. Never was my character's social gimmick ever important. Just eldrich blasting sewer critters was the best it got, and every session I looked down at my character sheet covered in special class features that I would never get to use and spells I had no reason to ever cast.

Basically, DnD is about combat powers and taking hit points off of monsters. Being able to trick NPCs is a nice little cutscene but it's not what the game is fundamentally about.
>>
>>50333593
That literally sounds like what you want your own character to do.
>>
>>50333642
>I know exactly how your group plays and will prove that with anecdotal evidence

No.
>>
>>50333669
>being able to pretend to be a new character successfully is the same as splitting the party

Rope -> neck.
>>
>>50333270
Isn't that what a monk is for?
>>
>>50333673
>>50333685
>guys how bout this gimmick
>you may not find it to be as fun as you imagine
>uhg, kys shitlord i literally can't even right now
>>
>>50333604
Sounds completely unnecessary. The difference between a trained and untrained check is actually very small, you have a good chance of beating most DCs untrained, and the game just isn't built to account for expertise in the default DCs for things. Also, ability checks are by far the least significant part of the adventuring experience - you could have a party that fails every single ability check and still beats the adventure with flying colors.
>>
>>50333710
The question was about the Rogue splash, I don't give a fuck about your thoughts on anything else.
>>
File: Zalgo Portrait Final+motley(1).jpg (2MB, 4724x5906px) Image search: [Google]
Zalgo Portrait Final+motley(1).jpg
2MB, 4724x5906px
>>50331605
>Favorite PC
Definitely the one and only, Zalgo the Magnificent! A deranged Varisian nobleman who fell with the adventurers after things went bottom up in the city of his birth. He may or may not have been a serial murderer, but his "decorative arrangement" of corpses post-battle really unnerved the party paladin. And with his Mask of Disguise and the Actor feet, he really went on some long-cons with some of the rest of the party members. Once I was able to actually have my animated puppet garrote people, shooting fools with a Hand Crossbow while Punch strangled them was a very good time. Got just high enough in Marionnetist to be able to toss soul strings on other people, then grabbed Rogue levels to get to Assassin.

The fact he ended up semi-retiring as the tutor/guardian of a young noblewoman confuses and terrifies me to this day.
>>
>>50333622
Good guess, but no!

All spells can be cast as a ritual, by a member of any class.

To learn the ritual, you need an int score equal to the spell level plus 10, and the ritual takes a number of minutes to cast equal to 10 times the level of the spell. If the spell has any material components, you must have them in your inventory, and casting the spell as a ritual consumes those components. Spellcasting pouches don't help with ritual casting.

Now martials actually stand a chance out of combat, and intelligence is useful.
>>
>>50332275
>Improv but with notes
Feel free to give NPCs different personality quirks and habits, but making certain you remember who's who does a wonder for the believably of your world.
>Fight outside of a empty frictionless plane
Having stuff for the party and enemies to interact with in encounters can go a long way. Keep it all situational, but reward players for creative thinking.
>Know the rules, mostly
If you come across something that you aren't 100% on, just make a judgement call and check it later.
>>
>>50333727
>look how little i care about other people's opinion while I post on a message board seeking validation about my idea from other people
Anyway, actually I can suggest the Inquisitive rogue specialization from Gothic Characters UA, which allows you to use your cunning bonus action to make insight and investigation checks to find clues or to enable sneak attacks against a creature. If you just want to be a fluffy non-combat spy, then there's an idea.
>>
File: smug kuririn.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smug kuririn.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>50333761
>the answer to caster/martial imbalance...
>is to make all characters casters
>>
>>50333731
Is this a 5e homebrew, or submerging for another edition? It sounds interesting.
>>
>>50333694
Isn't that what a refluffed wizard/sorcerer/cleric is for?

maybe
>>
>>50333249
>still pretending that 2e psionics was overpowered because muh disintegrate
>>
>>50333761
I'd much rather have Martial Practices back.
>>
>>50333249
>not overpowered based on whats been published

nigger mystic v2 is literally the most OP UA ever made, even worse than that cleric wizard school.

5d10 damage on every attack? The only save or die spell in all of 5e? cmon now.
>>
>>50333782
>If everyone's a caster...
>No one is.
>syndrome.jpg
>>
File: Marionettist.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Marionettist.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50333783
5e Homebrew. And prepare for the triggering...
It's Middle Finger of Vecna. As such, there's a typo in the PDF as the puppet's supposed to be able to attack regularly, just with the option of boosting it with Inspiration.
>>
>>50333832
>>5d10 damage on every attack?
where, what

and the Theurgy Tradition for Wizard is OP?
>>
Alright boys weeaboo-calling aside, what would the best way to play a Madara-expy be? Wizard? Monk? Ranger revised?
>>
>>50333782
Makes sense to me. Fundamentally, that is the issue that makes things so hard to balance. One class is playing chess, and another is playing tic tac toe.
>>
>>50332244
>UA
pls repli bois
>>
>>50333249
>4e psionics
>uninteresting and samey
>what is At-Will, Daily, and Utility without regular Encounter powers
>what is Augment
>what are Full Discipline powers
>what is being a fucking retard
>>
>>50333727
It won't be that bad, then. Warlocks don't really gain much with levels. You'll be behind on spell levels half the time, but it's not like you get any spell slots to cast those in the first place.
>>
>>50333827
Elaborate, please.
>>
>>50333861
Define expy
Probably a gestalt 20th level Monk/Sorcerer/Paladin that somehow can use armor and still use martial arts. And that wouldn't even be a 0.001% of the real deal.
>>
>>50333879
it is a mystery
>>
>>50333879
Read the thread. It's fucking 9 AM where Wizards is at, it won't be out for another 3 hours minimum, 8-10 more likely.
>>
>>50333899
>define expy
That's the problem with Madara, to be a true expy he'd be everything. Perhaps a gish that can use armor and shields?
>>
>>50333916
You can use armor and cast as long as you have profiency in said armor in 5e
>>
>>50333853
I love to bash people about homebrew, but this is actually not too bad. Hard to go wrong with just an archetype.

However, it's perhaps a little too late-loaded. The earlier stuff is okay, maybe not quite as generally good as lore or valor unless you abuse find familiar quite thoroughly.
Later, you get 'use a bardic inspiration die to cast animate objects without concentration'.

That honestly sounds just slightly too strong, really.
Though, I think, since it still has a duration you can't technically cast two 'animate objects' at once with it, can you?
Still, no concentration is a biggie for 5 times a long rest if you don't use bardic inspiration on anything else.

Eh, well, not seriously overpowered.
>>
>>50333855
You know you could go read the UA's and see for yourself, right? Im not going tos poon feed you.

If youre too lazy to go look it up yourself:

Mystic v2 is OP and broken AS FUCK. Non debatable

Theurgy wizard is OP and broken AS FUCK. Non debatable.
>>
Hey guys, since youre all discussing homebrew, figured id shill some shit ive been working on for a while:

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Sy-Krg-Tyl
>>
>>50333987
I disagree ;^)
>>
>>50332244
Around noon, pacific time.
>>
>>50333987
>Mystic v2 is OP and broken AS FUCK. Non debatable
It is not, already proved in previous threads Paladin deals more damage, and of course so does Fighter.
>>
>>50334015
>he thinks DPR is the only thing that makes a class good

youre shit at 5e. Kill yourself.

Or actually, if I was playing a mystic v2 and you failed a single save, id make you kill yourself whether you wanted to or not.
>>
>>50333832
>The only save or die spell in all of 5e?
Open Hand monk says hi
>>
>>50333685
I mean, you can impersonate someone else without splitting the party, but having the rest of the party around really limits what you can do with it. As with all other kinds of stealth, it tempts people to split the party to get the most use out of their abilities, but even in the best case scenario it just puts you out alone in a situation that you can't handle without the rest of the party. You're not going to sneak into the dungeon to find a single monster that you can kill in a single surprise round; there are going to be challenges suitable for a whole party. And even if there is just a single weak monster, the party could have handled that without you.
>>
>>50334031
Requires an attack, a save, and two actions. Mystic v2 requires one action.
>>
>>50333898
They were basically martial rituals from 4E, which got added in later and then little to no support other than the book they were published in, Martial Power 2. Which was towards the tail-end of publishing, but I still would have liked to see more options. Whatever. Anyways, they basically allowed you to perform ritual-like effects through one's martial skill, strength of body, and power of will. Things like allowing you to run without rest for days, swim to the bottom of the sea, forge weapons and armor that rivals anything the wizard enchants. But also things like mastering hiding things on your person, immaculate forgeries, or pantomiming through language barriers.

The full list is...
>Alter Ego, Decipher Script, Embalm, Feign Death, Forge Armor, Forge Weapon, Fortify Beast, Handle Steed, Hidden Pocket, Long-Distance Runner, Master Artisan, Peerless Exploration, Precise Forgery, Reliable Balance, Speech Without Words, Survivor's Assurance, Survivor's Preparation, Temporary Fix, Thorough Search, Tracker's Eye, Travel Sense, Uncanny Strength, Use Scroll, Warded Campsite, and Word on the Street.

>>50333949
Trust me, I got miles of usage out of that puppet. Between it and Zalgo himself having a magic item that allowed him Disguise Self at-will, he made for an almost hilariously efficiency scout that could always have an extra set of eyes or a ranged Thieves' Tools use. That shit was divine.

As far as the Master of Puppets ability, never got that far. But there are two things to keep in mind. First, at least with Soul Strings, you would not believe the number of 1's and 2's I rolled on that Inspiration die. Secondly. re-read the ability. You are only allowed a single target with the casting which is great if you happen to be around a Huge statue around, but that's far from common. And you're correct, at least Rules as Interpreted, I would have gone with only a single cast active at a time.
>>
>>50333561
Id say no since it specifically does not mention feats and that also can likely lead to some really abusable shit (like getting Armor Prof + prof to AC)

Interesting idea though would be to allow it to be spent on traits like pack tactics or relentless or charge.
>>
>>50333731
Why are clown's always such nightmare fuel?
>>
>>50334051
>6 times / short rest, can be used as part of an attack and thereafter only requires one action to make creature either be reduced to 0 HP (ignoring things such as resistance or immunity by doing so) or take 10d10 if it succeeds the save.

What's the mystic's thing?
'Broken will'?
Because that can't be it, the best they can do is make an attack against themselves, which is absolutely nothing like save-or-die. There are certainly a lot of interesting things you could do with it, though.
>>
>>50334051
>Mystic v2 requires one action.
And a save and if the enemy saves you can't do it again till you spend a long rest.

Also you got OH palm wrong, is one HIT (you can have up to 4 attacks per turn, 3 on average), then an action and a save, even if the opponent saves he takes 10d10 (average 55) necrotic damage and you can still spam as many as you want as long as you have ki.
>>
>>50334121
He means the Int save or else you believe whatever I say for 5 minutes, like these daggers are your glasses.
>>
I want a panther companion, but summoning a black panther in the middle of the Sword Coast seems goofy. What should I ask to refluff one as? I'm thinking cougar.
>>
>>50334147
Yeah a ranger with a black panther animal companion is COMPLETELY unheard of in forgotten realms lore.
>>
>>50334139
Yeah, that one's quite abusable as well.
You can get that at level 2 if I'm understanding right.

However, the DM can probably skew most of the things you say into making the monster not kill themself over things. A monster mid-combat wouldn't bother to take time putting on their glasses when they can already see, for example.

You could say 'If you don't kill lich, you'll die in a minute' but will the DM accept things that aren't proper sentences for the 10 words?
>>
>>50334147
You kind of answered your own question. So why don't you give us an idea of what you were expecting us to say?
>>
>>50334139
Take 1d4 damage
>>
>>50334170
>yeah that seems OP
>but the DM can...

Arnt you kind of proving the anon that said mystic is OP's point?
>>
>>50334170
This kind of shit is why I don't allow mystics and never will. They finally made the effects of charm spells clear and reasonable, so I don't see why they'd fuck it all up again.
>>
>>50334185
People don't put on their glasses with the same force they use to stab someone with a dagger. I'd rule it does even less damage than 1d4.
>>
>>50334147
>panther
Play as a dual weilding "super serious" Kender with a black housecat familiar.
>>
>>50334199
>People don't put on their glasses with the same force they use to stab someone with a dagger
Talk for yourself
>>
>>50334190
not entirely.

If the player has to abuse the intention of an ability to make it work within RAW, the DM can also fuck over the abilty within RAW, usually.

For example, if we ignore the 10 word limit for now and make them believe you make them believe 'If you don't kill yourself in a minute, everybody you love will die horribly' then there'll be an emotional dilemma of confusion rather than the enemy straight-up commiting seppuku. If you outright MADE the creature do it, that'd be a different story.

With the 10 word limit, it's supposed to limit things to simple sentences like command is supposed to limit things to one word commands.
>>
>>50333832
>5d10 damage on every attack?
>every
Yeah, the full ONE they have per turn
>>
>>50334199
They would if it's in the middle of combat and they REALLY NEED TO GET THEM ON NOW

However, they probably won't have the incentive for it if they can already see clearly and they're too busy fighting.
>>
>>50334209
underrated post
>>
>>50331654
>>50331703
Either of you have a link to them?
>>
what are some good feats for a halfling lore bard and would you take any feat before getting CHA to 20?

also, pic related, my current spells, @3rd level. rest of the party is very damage oriented and identify is a key part of the character's concept, any suggestion about them?
>>
>>50333832
>5d10 damage on every attack?

The only Mystic ability I can find that deals d10 damage is Psionic Weapon: Lethal Strike, which can deal +1d10 Psychic damage per Psi spent, up to 5d10 (average 27-28). But it takes 5 Psi to do. By 10th level you can do it up to 12 times between long rests.

A 10th level Rogue can Sneak Attack for 5d6 damage all day every day; meeting the requirements for Sneak Attack is easy. A 10th level Wizard is by that point casting 5th level spells, laying down huge AoEs or removing creatures from combat entirely with things like Dominate Person.

Don't get me wrong, 5d10 damage is a lot and should almost certainly be nerfed, but it's hardly the most gamebreaking thing I've ever seen.

What's the save or die you're referring to? Conquering Mind: Psychic Grip? I don't see how that's worse than Dominate Person.
>>
>>50334224
>not multiclassing
The class doesnt even go to 20, so you HAVE to multiclass. I was in a campaign at level 18 and the mystic/EK I made was fucking god like beyond anything that could ever be in the game normally. It was funny how broken it was.

>booming blade
>warmagic for an extra bonus action attack
>Oh yeah also im adding 5d10 damage to both of those
>action surge
>use the save or die ability
>>
>>50334257
>so you HAVE to multiclass
You can't, there aren't rules for Mystic multiclass, they don't have a Stat requirement.

Even if you do you can only add 5d10 to attacks up to 5 times per day, that's hardly gamebreaking.
>>
>>50334279
You can still multiclass OUT of Mystic, dingus.
>>
>>50334244
What site/program is that?
>>
Do pre-made campaigns typically help you learn how to properly DM?
>>
>>50334257
>It was funny how broken it was.
My Paladin/Undyinglight Warlock/Draconic Sorcerer was dealing 2x GFB+Str+2xCha + 2xSmite every turn, around 90 damage per turn

The battlemaster was dealing more
>>
File: nein.png (21KB, 382x90px) Image search: [Google]
nein.png
21KB, 382x90px
>>50334287
Do you meet the minimum multiclass stat requirement for Mystic
>>
>>50334287
You can't, retard, to multiclass INTO and OUT of you need to meet the class requierements, Mystic doesn't have because is not meant to multiclass (it's a beta for now). RTDM, familia.
>>
>>50334297
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/186823/Character-Sheet--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-character-generator

it's a very, very nice javascript enabled pdf, you can run it with acrobat reader dc. it has every core option and it lets you add UA/homebrew codes or just overall manual editing.
>>
UA is available:
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_Cleric.pdf
>>
>>50334147
I personally think it's very difficult to do anything "goofy" in Dungeons and Dragons, but a cougar sounds fine as an alteration.
>>
Can I just use the playable lich template from 3.5 to play a lich in 5?
>>
>>50334359
>those forge domain spells
sweet
>>
>>50333861
We're talking full arcane caster progression in a full martial frame with unarmed mastery of a full monk. Not doable in 5e.
>>
>>50334359
>Until the end of your next long rest, the object becomes a magic item, granting a +1 bonus to AC if it’s armor or a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls if it’s a weapon.
haven't even finished reading but isn't this like, strong as hell?
for a lv1 feature at that?
>>
>>50334359
Sick Forge Domain. 22AC with plate+shield at level 6.
Shame about the 5e thing with "crafting costs literally the same as the item cost plus consumes other resources" (its channel divinity) but I guess you can still pull a sword or something out of an hour of work if you've the metal just lying around.
>>
>>50334359
Just noticed something: None of them have martial weapon proficency. I mean, you can work around that, but it seems much more like they forgot to include it. I mean at least forge domain should have it.
>>
>>50334419
super strong at lvl1, mostly useless at higher levels / if magic items are commonplace
>>
>>50334359
Fighter 1 / Protection Cleric will be really fucking tanky.
>>
File: yes to please.png (53KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
yes to please.png
53KB, 512x512px
>>50333853
This is a pretty good homebrew.

I should start a collection of great homebrews. I already have a few of them translated in French, too.
>>
>>50334359
Be sure to fill out the bard survey.

http://sgiz.mobi/s3/29805c4661b3
>>
>grave domain cleric
>rogue or paladin
>someone else with hold person

Hold person > make enemy vulnerable > rogue or paladin deals 4x damage. ggez
>>
File: 18123903290.png (29KB, 131x174px) Image search: [Google]
18123903290.png
29KB, 131x174px
>>50334359
>Hey Grave clerics, we have this cool fun ability to sense undead. Not a huge ability but it's pretty neat, right?
>>It's once/long rest. And what's more, that never increases!

Why do they do this
>>
>>50334359
>Grave domain

Welp it's time to go full Van Helsing bois. Now I really want to play through CoS with a cleric of Kelemvor.
>>
>>50334420
>22AC with plate+shield at level 6.
Dont forget shield is a domain spell, you can get 27 AC
>>
>>50334441
It's super good for my perfectionist mind. It means that if you're playing these domains, playing Dwarf (or elf but who's playing this shit) gives you 100% benefits: racial weapons mastery is useful.

But yeah it's a bit bullshit if you don't :^)
>>
>>50334454
I do my fucking best to try to help moderate Middle Finger's shittier content, and when I can't, I just rewrite it myself. For example, my take on paintaster as compared to theirs.
>http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/2016/06/pain-taster.html

Generally, I only really touch shit that I would find in the setting I run in, but sometimes I'll download something that seems just fun enough to keep for a rainy day. Hell, it's what let me now have a party of four that's comprised of two homebrew classes (shaman and spellslinger), an Assassin Rogue, and a paladin that'll probably end up on a homebrew Oath.
>>
>>50334549
Well a fighter 1 or 2 / forge cleric sounds awesome but it still is limiting.
>>
>>50334531
They don't want having abilities to complicate your decision making, so they make it very infrequently usable. After you use it, it can't complicate your decision making until you've had a whole long rest to airfare the magnitude of what you've done.
>>
>>50334577
Shit, forgot the paintaster.
>>
> My thoughts:
Forge seems pretty good, especially early.
Grave seems OP throughout but also very cool & thematic.
Protection seems terrible and 100% uninspired.

Cool shit.
>>
>>50334584
Ah, the "assume everybody is retarded and bad at decision making" approach.
Sounds about standard.

I'd easily just increase it to like proficiency times per short rest. Or hell, WIS times per short rest.
>>
>>50334359
>Be in prison with metal bars
>Completely disarmed
>Pray to Hephaestus for an hour
>Metal bars are now a hammer of Hephaestus and you are free to go.

Seems cool/fun. I wish the value of the items you make could go up as you level up though.
>>
I want a class that maximizes the capacity for explosions, be they alchemical or magical. What would you recommend?
>>
>>50334717
Conjuration wizard.
>>
>>50334734
Really? Even over Evocation? Curious for your reasoning.
>>
Forge domain is fucking amazing, wow

Too bad about no martial weapons though. How would yall get them? I'm thinking elf or dwarf.

High elf could be really good at forge if you can make up for the lack of wis. Get some weapons AND GFB or BB to supplement damage

Next UA I want paladin oaths or warlock stuff. Has there ever been a UA for oaths?
>>
>>50334794
>Next UA I want paladin oaths or warlock stuff. Has there ever been a UA for oaths?
Next UA is about druids m8
>>
>>50331605
Lawful stupid cleric of Pelor played by a friend of my brother. Constantly trying to covert people, blindly walking into danger and the unknown without fear because Pelor will protect him, etc. He was great. He died unsurprisingly quite early into the campaign.
>>
>>50334531
I like my homebrew better.
http://pastebin.com/XRMzzDfX
>Tfw you make both an ancestral trance barb and burial domain cleric and then wizards comes out with their own
feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>50333731
>Nobleman is deposed and joins poor ner-do-wells to reclaim his power
>Develops proficiency with magic and stealthily assassinates his enemies
>Infiltrates the ranks of others and wears a signature mask
>Retires to become a father/mentor figure to a similarly badass young woman
Corvo?
>>
>>50334792
Roleplay out research into explosives like gunpowder, then summon them every turn.
>>
>>50334913
GM fiat is not a valid build.
>>
>>50334858
That's cool too. A Warden esque Druid that gets martial weapons and extra attack would inspire me to play druid for once

Never been any UA circles has there? Maybe we'll get a circle that can wild shape non-beasts
>>
Running Curse of Strahd for the second time, just want to run by a quick modification I want to change up before running to the end. Last time I ran, my party barely explored the castle, They got in, skipped 2/3rds of it, fought Strahd and done. Should I have sent them in earlier, I couldn't find a good time for them to explore it prior to the showdown.

This time round I want to mix it up, Ricavio is going to be killed fighting Strahd during an earlier attack, but his soul is trapped in his ring of mindshielding which Ezmeralda takes to glean from his advice and make preperations. When they get everything they need and fight and confronting him in his brothers tomb. However midway through Ezmeralda will join the fight, crashing heroically through a stain-glass window because you know movie tropes. Strahd will declare that as amusing as this farce is he has places to be and new relevations to act upon. For the interest of good faith for his guests he will wait for them at midnight at X for once last duel to prove that he is the true heir to this cursed land. After he leaves mistform through the window, Baba Lygsa will reveal herself and attack the party, once she is killed the party will notice two things, Strahds coffin is missing from his own tomb, and that there is sinister looking tarokka deck. Strahd has had a reading himself from Baba Lygsa and Ezmerelda points out that his reading points towards one person. The Diviner, Madam Eva.

This will give the players a final 6-8 hours of time to finish clearing the castle, handing in any quests or visiting any final locations before preparing for the midnight showdown, finding Strahd with Eva and his Coffin at some dramatic place as he has impatiently killed Madam Eva just before they arrived, throwing out some lines how on a night like this, his blood runs so hot and he has never felt quite so alive.
>>
>>50334955
I'd love a druid circle that forsakes the combat-useful wild shapes or ridiculous extra health it provides for wild shaping more often. I want to shift back and forth between cats and birds and snakes and shit while casting, not be a big dopey bear tank all the time.
>>
>>50335018
The epilogue will run on the subject that Strahd eventually does return to Barovia, as does a mysterious Vistanti fortune teller, both seemingly oblivious to their connection to eachother.
>>
>point buy is capped at 15 to make sure that if you use it your character will be mediocre at best to encourage rolling to appeal to subhumans with muh gambling.
>>
>>50334939
Since he referenced alchemical explosives, I would assume his DM is using the rules for explosives in the dmg.
>>
>>50335041
>A character is mediocre if it doesn't have 18 or higher in its main stat at level 1.
>>
>>50335041
>implying rolling is an option of the DM doesn't allow it
>implying that point buy makes you mediocre when everyone else is using it, too
>>
>>50334895
I have no idea who that is.
>>
>>50335041
What

>>50335032
That'd be cool. Maybe a circle that has location dependent (ala land) animals you could wild shape into for an extra couple times a day

Ie grasslands would get a horse or some kind of grazing animal, desert would get a snake or lizard or camel, forest gets wolf or something and etc
>>
>>50335063
Access to which is a matter of pure DM fiat.
>>
File: arab moat.jpg (40KB, 307x271px) Image search: [Google]
arab moat.jpg
40KB, 307x271px
>>50335088
yes
>>50335098
The enemies aren't
>>
>>50335130
But a reasonable assumption, given the query. You're arguing semantics now, which means you have no point. Get one, or it's time to stop.
>>
>>50335104
http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Corvo_Attano
>>
File: 1475293686487.jpg (122KB, 540x668px) Image search: [Google]
1475293686487.jpg
122KB, 540x668px
In a three player party with a goblin thief, and a half-orc barbarian, what race/class combo would have the most synergy? The allowed races are goblin, hobgoblin, bugbear, orc, half-orc, and human, for an evil campaign.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw
>Caster-Martial balance
>>
>>50335149
not him but that's like basing your build on laser guns, since they're statted
>>
>>50332126
1-2
>>
>>50335184
Go hobgoblin wizard.
>>
>>50335184
Pick bugbear for a whippin' good time
>>
>>50335201
>Monk and Cleric duo
>>
>>50335149
The point is that building around something not explicitly stated to be allowed is using unpermitted materials.
Why do you think the most important character build advice question in earlier D&D editions is "What books are allowed"? It's because "You should do this thing you can't do" is worse than useless.
>>
>start with 19 int
>cast wish at level 1
>>
>>50335206
If he asked what was the best build for laser guns, I would give him a laser gun based build, and then this retard would come and tell me not to do builds based on DM fiat.

He asked what the best build was for explosions, including alchemical explosives. So I gave him an alchemical explosives build, using the only alchemical explosions in the books that I can think of.
>>
>>50333861
Wot4E monk reducing the ki cost 1 (up to 1 ki cost) and giving them 1 ki point per 3 levels.

Or Sun Soul monk.

In both cases allow light and medium armors without removing any monk class feature except unarmored defense.

Also I recommend you high level game.
>>
>>50332159
>DC 12 means roll 1d12
dude what the fuck what was he even rolling for I mean how would he even fucking know that he succeded what is this did he even read the fucking book oh my fucking god
>>
>>50335339
Disregard that, I jumped in halfway through the reply chain.
>>
So, apparently Shadow Step (Shadow Monk 6) can grant advantage on shove or grapple actions, not just attacks.

Does that mean that Flurry of Blows hits can also be used to make non-standard attacks like shoves or grapples? Could a level 5 Monk attempt to shove four creatures in one turn with FoB (two hits with Attack action thanks to Extra Attack, two hits with bonus action Flurry)?
>>
>>50334052
>single target
Oh, right. That changes things a lot.

Honestly, I think it works, but you do have to consider that the other bard colleges are pretty strong. Valor provides consistent damage even when you can't cast spells and a higher AC along with the other use of bardic inspiration, lore provides some very nice spells and cutting words.
I'd probably call the other colleges stronger, but that's alright, because better underpowered than horribly overpowered like that one barbarian middle finger of vecna made.
>>
>>50335155
Ah. Well, seems to be lacking a fair bit.
>Didn't kill his family.
>Not penchant for collecting fetishes from foes, ranging from teeth to faces.
>No puppet imbued with his father's soul.
>Not a manic personality, gregarious and ever-giggling
>Doesn't speak in rhyme
>Is actually a decent combatant, as opposed to a walking shitposter who's combat capabilities are letter opener stabbing and handbow sneak attacks combined with Expertise-boosted strangulation
>Isn't in it purely to help friend and foe alike dive headfirst into the most intense emotions of their lives, be it frenzied hatred or pants-wetting terror.

Really, he's more of a mix between DEldar and a Solitaire.

>>50335339
I said it directly in my request >>50334717

Faggot
>>
>>50335339
>>50334717
>be they alchemical or magical.
>>
>>50335201

In 3.PF, yes.

Not in 5e.
>>
>>50335361
>better underpowered than horribly overpowered
That's basically what I always tend to shoot for, as awkward as it might sound. A lot of times, I'm looking for a homebrew archetype to have some unique aspect or gimmick that the core classes can't provide, and I'm perfectly willing to be "sub-optimal" if it means having a fun trick that I wouldn't otherwise have access to, be it the Marionnetist having its puppet and the ability to toss soul strings onto a foe and make them dance about and slash into their allies or a paintaster nearly dropping themselves in order to toss out a particularly vicious Sneak Attack.
>>
>>50335201
https://youtu.be/VImnpErdDzA
>players realize they are murderhobos.
>>
>>50335416
>last session on Friday
>mutilated a fire giant in combat, blinded him
>tied him to the ground
>interrogated him
>drove a crowbar through his skull when we were done
>...are... are we the baddies?
>>
File: duel.jpg (1MB, 2200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
duel.jpg
1MB, 2200x1200px
I kinda want to make some kind of "NPC fight club", where you calculate how a fight between different NPCs would go

Do you think it could be interesting?
>>
Are there any other splat options for Fighter than SCAG purple dragon knight, Gothic UA monster hunter, Classic UA cavalier and scout, and the Mariner and Underdark fighting styles?
>>
>>50334441
I think it's an okay exclusion for Forge. Makes it more likely that you'll use the magic weapon feature on the party fighter over yourself. Plus it encourages dwarves to take it.
>>
New Unearthed Arcana: Additional Cleric Domains

http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_Cleric.pdf

I like the forge domain quite a bit, but the protection and grave domains are bretty gud too
>>
>>50335459
>Sigmund v Edmund
>>
>>50335475
tunnel fighter fighting style, UA
>>
I've always run local 3.5, and now that I can't do local a bunch of online friends want me to do a roll20 5th edition.

What are some good tools for designing assets for Roll20?

Are there any key differences between 5th and 3.5 that I should be focusing on?
>>
I wanna make forge cleric duel wielding Shields. Id need tavern brawler for proficiency with improvised weapons wouldn't I?
>>
File: 3.PF vs. 5e.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
3.PF vs. 5e.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50335558
>Are there any key differences between 5th and 3.5 that I should be focusing on?
>>
>>50335227
An absent player has already committed to a hobgoblin eldritch knight, but a true devastator would be prime.

>>50335234
Okay, but what class?
>>
>>50335568
Yeah but it won't give you the AC bonus twice, so don't expect anything crazy.
>>
>>50335576
rogue
>>
>>50335558
>Are there any key differences between 5th and 3.5 that I should be focusing on?
1. Easier and simpler. Less stacking, less complex features, etc.
2. More balanced. Power differences between classes are minimal compared to 3.5, though there're some.
3. Lower powerlevel. 5e is less superheroes in a medieval fantasy setting than 3.PF. Your physical feats are around what's humanly possible and even magic can't bend reality 24/7 like before.
>>
>>50335579
There's an enemy (Fire Giant dreadnought) in volos who dual wields Shields and wears plate with 21 ac, so it seems like the second shield adds 1 ac. Might not apply to players, it'd be up to the dm entirely because it's never specified
>>
>>50335459
>those crossguards
why
>>
>>50335616
The rules specifically state you can't double up on shields, but adding +1 AC and d4 damage isn't that scary. So it's up to your DM but to get 2 shields and hits stuff tavern brawler is a start.
>>
>>50335579
According to Fire Giant Dreadnought stats, dual-wielding shields allows the second shield to give a +1 AC bonus. Not the full bonus, but still better than nothing.
>>
>>50335616
PHB specifies you can only gain the AC bonus from the shield once.
>>
>>50335667
The 1d4 from Tavern Brawler is just your new Unarmed Strike. The improvised weapon's damage is up to the GM, and given that a chair leg uses club stats, I'd suspect a heavy metal shield to at least do 1d6.
>>
Is there any way to play Bard of Glamour without being a stereotypical dancer/sexomancer vixen?
>>
>>50335509
>everyone gets Heavy Armor and +1d8 damage

Forge domain is pretty hot, but I'm a fucking AC whore so what do I know. Group boons that don't give a fuck if your DM is stingy with magic items, some out-of-combat usefulness, extra survivability out the yingyang, a little bit of bonus damage. Unfortunately, the domain spells suck. It's all stuff you can't access normally, which is nice, but the overwhelming majority is Concentration shit that you're never going to use because Bless or whatever is so much nicer to maintain. At least you've got Shield? And Heat Metal's useable despite Concentration.
>>
>>50335755
Gentleman thief
>>
File: glamrock.jpg (78KB, 534x347px) Image search: [Google]
glamrock.jpg
78KB, 534x347px
>>50335755
Depends. Do you define David Bowie as a sexomancer? Because if not, just play a glam(our) rocker.
>>
>>50335741
I'd let it be a d6 as long as it doesn't give any kind of AC bonus, there is only 1 point less average damage compared to a d8, and I'd take +1 AC over +1 damage.
>>
>>50335572
>>50335609
Cheers guys.
>>
>>50335886
Id be happy with +1 ac and 1d4, I guess it's up to the dm tho, id it was just going to be 1d6 with no ac id have no reason to use it over literally anything if it's costing me a feat
>>
File: UA_Cleric.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
UA_Cleric.pdf
1B, 486x500px
This get posted yet?
>>
>>50335671
>>50335616
That's for those specific creatures only. It doesn't apply to PCs.
>>
>>
File: Rick.png (344KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rick.png
344KB, 700x400px
>>50335741
>The improvised weapon's damage is up to the GM
1d4+Str that's the best I can do
>>
>>50335616
Kind of doubt the shields would actually help them much in terms of defence, considering with a number of small targets they'd just slip right past.

Instead, with their size, the shields are effective for bludgeoning things because at that size piercing and slashing weapons are just going to miss.

>>50335667
Unless the character is, say, a cleric.
In which case, they don't even melee that often and as long as they cast V or V,S,M or V,M or M spells they don't need their hands free to cast.
>>
I have a champion fighter in my group who's dipping 2 levels of bard. Once he reaches Fighter 10, he can take another fighting style, but since he already took Great Weapon Fighting at level 1 and wears no armor, all the others become useless to him. What could he take from things like UA, etc? I can only think of Mariner.
>>
>>50336078
*dipping 2 levels of barb
>>
>>50336078
He can pick protector style.
>>
>>50336078
Tunnel Fighter
>>
>>50336078
Tunnel Fighter?
>>
Forge cleric seems super exciting, but the item creation seems rather limited, and the other features are boring as duck. How do we fix it?
>>
>>50336032
>smash a jar of ink in a creature's eyes
>DM says he's looking up something on the damage charts
>I chime in that improvised weapons are all 1d4+Strength
>he says "No, there's another chart... ... ...gimme 2d10"
>mfw
>>
>>50336116
You mean how do we break it? You said yourself that it looks exciting just as it is.
>>
>>50335988
>grave
That's a pretty damn powerful thing there.
Imagine all the sweet combos you could do by inflicting automatic unresisted vulnerability.
>>
>>50336124
Stock up on some jars, become the jar warrior
>>
>>50336127
Exciting mostly for the spell list and the item creation. But the other features are boring, and the item creation is too limited.
>>
>>50336124
>Throw 2 ton boulder
>"How much do I deal?"
>"1d4+Str single target without prof because improvised and as an Action because it takes time to lift it"
>>
>>50336116
Item creation is limited only by its user's imagination.
>>
>>50336185
>implying a DM would let you throw a 40 pound rock without a DC 25 Strength check, let alone a 4,000 one
>>
>>50336105
>>50336115
I thought Tunnel Fighter was considered overpowered?

>>50336103
Protection only works with a shield, he wields a greatsword.
>>
>>50336198
Who needs to lift when you can use goodberry to flat out summon a 1 ton pumpkin over there heads?
>>
>>50336227
Well, it's magic, so I'll allow it.
>>
>>50336215
Tunnel fighter is OP as dicks. I use a revised version that is pretty powerful all things considered but not as bullshit or wierd.

It just gives you an additional reaction, which the only questionable cheese comes from Eldrich knight being able to absorb elements twice a turn.
>>
A player asked if he could use a two handed weapon on one hand and a shield on the other.
We discussed the issue and he wants it more for the flavor than power so he's cool with me giving some drawbacks on one handing larger weapons.
I thought that he could start doing that when he hits 20 str so it wouldn't seem too ridiculous.
What would you suggest for balance? Class is paladin if it matters and race is goliath.
Lowering the damage would be pretty basic, like greatsword doing 1d10 or something.
Disadvantage on all attacks was mentioned but that sounds too drastic. I would just give him a minus to hit but that doesn't sound like 5E at all.
>>
>>50336325
>Tunnel fighter is OP as dicks
Is it really?
>>
>>50335988
Yes. Multiple times.
Read the fucking thread.
>>
>>50336346
For balance?
I'd suggest accepting him using a two-handed weapon in one hand.
Except it deals 1d8 instead of 1d10.
Because it's essentially a versatile weapon.

The end. Welcome to 5E.
>>
>>50336346
1d4+Str, that's the best I can do.
>>
>>50336377
1d8 sounds reasonable, and I can always bump up the damage when he gets more str if he starts to lag behind the other characters.
How's the damage output of a vengeance paladin anyhow?
>>50336380
Now that's just pissing on his cereal.
He just wants to look cool and smite fools with a big sword, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>50336417
The joke was that the character is now using a longsword, dumbass.
>>
>>50336346
in past editions, Monkey/Iron Grip was a feat that allowed you to do just that.

Firbolgs, who in past editions were awesome giant-kin Nord warriors and not furry hippies, also got the ability to one hand two-handed weapons.

Monkey/Iron Grip imposed a penalty to-hit though; perhaps if your player one hands a two handed weapon, he only gets half proficiency bonus with it.

>>50336417
anon I hope you understand that the anon who suggested 1d8 was giving you a hard time, because a 1d8 one handed weapon that can be two handed for 1d10 is just a longsword. Literally, that's a longsword by RAW
>>
>>50336441
Just realized after posting.
shut up i'm not dumb
>>
>>50336417
1d8 basically means he's wielding a longsword, as his other hand is busy with a shield. Pally's have nice damage with Smites. Of course it'll never be as big as a fighter's, but paladins more than compensate it with their utility and support.
>>
>>50335608
We already have a rogue.
>>
>>50336417
Why would he "lag behind" other characters?
What I'm suggesting is just saying "yes" to your player and using what's already in there. Your player will essentially wield a Longsword but if he wants to believe it's a Greatsword, it's all fine. Don't go the convoluted way and just refluff away. Since it's a versatile weapon, he'll get his moments of "so i'm just throwing my shield and attacking two-handed" and he's going to feel awesome.
Tell him it's a Bastard Sword if you want, why not?

And lemme reassure you, Paladins shouldn't "lag behind" in damage if they're playing properly. Vengeance is pretty cool although hunter's mark usually calls for dual-wielding.

And don't mind the d4+Str guy, he's just trolling and baiting about the standard rules of improvised weapons being protective of the DM's sanity.
>>
>>50336011
Which DMsG entries are these from? Only WotC-endorsed DMsG stuff I could find was this.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/march-2016-review
>>
>>50336325
>>50336354
Infinite opportunity attacks does seem a bit absurd, but usually it wouldn't even come into play, I think. Besides, it eats your bonus action. One reaction attack on a creature moving through your reach is a neat thing, too.
>>
>>50336556
Most are titled as written on DMsG

They're the ones that are generally accepted as being "not too OP or useless, but aren't official canon" stuff in that list. Anything on that PDF that's listed as being DMsG you could probably get your GM to be okay with
>>
>>50336588
Some classes hardly use their bonus action like a fighter or a paladin who isn't smiting, so it is fairly easy to just spam this, now imagine the individual is a bugbear with a glaive. That is a 30x30 foot square centered on yourself where you get attacks on anything that moves in range.
>>
>>50336417
>>50336377
>>50336346

If it's for the flavor, did he specify "I want my character to be able to use two-handed weapons with one hand" or "I want a big sword and a shield" ?

Because longswords can be pretty damn big while still being one-handed.
>>
Holy fuck, Forge Domain is awesome.
>>
>>50336354
Considering 5e is meant to be very low fantasy for D&D, having your longspear-wielding fighter suddenly go "ATATAATATATAT" at a horde of 50+ goblins trying to run past him all at once until the corpses pile up into an unsurmountable wall.
>>
File: dwarfmog.png (36KB, 130x137px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfmog.png
36KB, 130x137px
>>50336770
>tfw I might have to break my Dwarven Fighter streak and play a Dwarven Cleric who Fights
>>
>>50336770
It's nifty, but it suffers from a surplus of passive features. A common trend in 5e design.
>>
>>50336826
Have you heard the good word of the war cleric? Fighting is pretty much praying.
>>
>get the new Icons of the Realms mini set
>sun elf wizard's head pops off as I remove it from the packaging

I ordered it for the Druid mini and knew it was mostly just repaints(the dwarf, elf, and ranger are brown people now and the fighter is a blonde) but I didn't think they'd be that cheap
>>
>>50336686
Bugbear reach only works on your own turn, so it's not that massive of an area.

While that is pretty strong in close quarters, there are often situations where it will do little more than slow people down.

While it is a lot of potential damage, it also tends to be rather spread out. It's also less helpful in instances where there aren't a lot of enemies running past you.

I'd say it's really reliant on the DM for how well it works, but for a Greatsword Champion, I don't imagine itd be too insane.
>>
>>50336879
What did you expect from -2 Con and d4 HD?
>>
File: hammer warriors.jpg (105KB, 513x478px) Image search: [Google]
hammer warriors.jpg
105KB, 513x478px
>>50336770
making a I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS NOT HAMMERITES group just became a lot easier
>>
>>50336831
My only issue with it is most of the domain spells being concentration. Magic Weapon and Elemental Weapon are pretty much the same spell, too
>>
>Turns are continuous, you don't actually stop walking every 6 seconds to see what others are doing
>Except when you run up a wall or over water
>>
>>50336346
Dude, just add it as a rare magical weapon.

Farquad's Bastardsword. This is an overly ornate, gold indlaid sword that is prodigiously large, almost as long as a claymore with an even broader blade. Enchantments on the blade however make it exceptionally light to an attuned wielder, who is able to flourish it as easily as any blade. Anyone who casts Legends Lore or spends a deal of time examining the exotic runes can determine that the enchantment comes from the far eastern islands.

It is a +2 Longsword that deals 2d10 damage on a hit.
>>
>>50336078
Why does he wear no armour.
>>
>>50334794
You're retarded next UAs:
Druid
Fighter
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue
Sorcerer
Warlock
Wizard
>>
>>50337004
He typo'd Bard instead of BarB.
>>
> joining a 5E game in my city, kinda last-minute thing
> DMs is giving us characters with background, links to other characters and relationships all written
> i can't really choose my character since i'm last-minute so i'm given the boring, wise and servile elven ranger
> another character is my brother
> he's wood elf
> i'm high elf

why am i only really bothered by this last detail
>>
>>50337037
JER-RY
JER-RY
JER-RY
>>
>>50337056
what
>>
File: springer.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
springer.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>>50337095
>Elven Wife Says She's Never Cheated, But Her Sons Are Different Subraces
>>
>>50337037
Question, the offspring of a High Elf and Wood Elf is a Weed Elf?
>>
File: rCEnyGd.jpg (29KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
rCEnyGd.jpg
29KB, 500x321px
>>50337173
maybe
>>
I'm a paladin and our party of 3's only frontline and healer (Wizard&Warlock), we are approaching level 4 soon so I have a question on perks.

I was a variant human and took Heavy Armor Mastery at level one which also gave me 19 strength.

Should I just make my Str 20, or take a perk to assist my survivability?

Shield Master - knock targets prone with bonus action and make my Dex saves better

Tough - More HP/lvl

Resilient - +1 Strength and proficient in str saves

War Caster - Advantage on saving throws for concentration and cast without a free hand for somatic spells
>>
>>50337013
Mystic has to in there because of what Mike Mearls said sooooo that's incorrect
>>
>>50337253
What are your other stats? I think I'd favor +Str/+Stat (like Con or Cha), but it obviously depends.
Also, Shield Master won't knock Prone. Unless something changed the PHB? It just shoves em back.
Resilient (Str) is garbage though.
>>
>>50336686
If they attack anything that moves in their reach, that uses their reaction, so they can only do that once.

>>50336892
I'm hoping it won't be, aye. Besides, as something they'll only get at character level 12, it seems powerful enough in this case, since it'll be under the "In this situation, I'll allow it".
>>
>>50337253
Making your STR 20 is kind of a big deal I think. Hard to pass up at 4th level I'm afraid.

Alternatively, you could take +1 to STR and +1 to another ability score, and then on 8th level go for a feat that adds to this ability score. Like Charisma.

Athlete is also a reasonable feat to take.
no it's not
>>
I think this is my favorite UA thus far, everything seems flavorful and fairly balanced.
>>
>>50337330
Yeah, it seems like they're definitely learning how to do this shit as of late.
>>
>>50337330
I mean yeah if you don't mention that Grave is OP and Protection is shit and insipid, it's a pretty good UA.
>>
File: 20161121_151646.jpg (585KB, 1205x577px) Image search: [Google]
20161121_151646.jpg
585KB, 1205x577px
>>50337292
I was going by my interpretation of pic related for a shove.

Also I rolled for my scores and got:
19 Str
11 Dex
16 Con
10 Int
12 Wis
18 Cha

I assumed taking resilient for strength is better than just taking the standard +1 since I'd also gain save proficiency. Same Logic for athlete perk since I'd gain extra as >>50337312 sarcastically suggested.
>>
File: 1470065686520.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470065686520.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
How come /5eg/ never creates, hosts, and recruits for Roll20 games like /pfg/ does?
>>
>>50337430
/5eg/ does. On the Discord.
>>
>>50334359
>yyyyeeess I can finally play a good "death" cleric that attempts to put undead to rest.
>>
>>50337430
Because we dont want to play with each other
>>
As a low level Cleric with only 3 prepared slots currently, is it worth actually casting anything or should I just hold off and use them for Cure Wounds?
>>
>>50337488
Depends on what you have prepared, but using a low level spell to kill an enemy a turn sooner is likely to prevent more damage than the spellslot would have healed.
>>
>>50337488
Depends, is there anyone else in the party that can cast cure wounds? If not, I'd say save atlesat 2 slots, the last one you can cast as you please unless you know you are not going be able to take a long rest for some time.
>>
>>50332653
Here's what i do:

FOB is 3 strikes instead of 2.

You can use Wis mod for martial arts attack rolls at lvl 6.

Monk Hp die is d10
>>
>>50337539

We are getting a bard tonight, so I think they'll have it at least. Seemed like anytime someone got hit by an enemy last session it was for about 90% of their HP.
>>
>>50337570
lol
>>
Are there any Deities of Travel in the Forgotten Realms, like Farlaghn in Greyhawk? Someone pointed me to Shaundakul but that doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for.
>>
>>50337297
Yeah. Tunnel Fighter is only really strong when it's at low levels and you build to abuse it with Polearms and Sentinel. Without a reach weapon and at later levels, it'll be a nice way to use their bonus action, but nothing crazy
>>
>>50337636
I'd go Waukeen, goddess of trade. Has the same domains and commerce is a pretty close theme.
>>
>>50333344

At low levels use your monk weapons.
Preferably a quarterstaff or spear.
Max out your Dex first, Wis second and don't dump stats.

I advise you to go with a stat array of:

12 Str
14 Dex
14 Con
12 Int
14 Wis
12 Cha

And then pick standard human as your race and raise those all by +1.

This gives you a free path to multiclass while being decently bulky and versatile.

As for subclasses you want to pick it depends on the flavour you want.

Sun soul - I cast fist. Literaly punch from range, at lvl 6 cast burning hands all day and at lvl 11 get a free mini fireball you can charge up with ki.

Long death - Kill a goblin and get free temp HP, make your enemies fear you and run from you (which is quite hard to do considering you have 60ft movement speed) and whenever you get knocked out just spend 1 ki as a free action and get back up.

Shadow - Teleport the archetype.

Open palm - Knock people flying, Heal your self at lvl 6, meh sanctuary spell active on your self after short rest and you can use quivering palm the most powerfull PC ability in the game.

And then there's the shame of the family.
Wot4E monk.
A class that tries and fails to be a caster.
>>
Jesus, am I the only one who thinks these UA Cleric domains are utterly OP? Just holy crap these are all ridiculously good.
>>
>>50337430
Because the majority of /5eg/ are either already committed to an existing roll20 campaign, or actually have friends in real life to game with, anon.
The rest of you fuckers use the discord.
>>
>>50337342
It's almost like Crawford understand how the system works better than Mearls does. Oh, wait.
>>
>>50337745
they're not super broken, and they're actually somewhat interesting.
>>
>>50337745
What in particular about each domain do you see as overpowered. The only feature I see as even possibly out of tune is the maximized healing on flatliners.
>>
File: 1475613208755.jpg (494KB, 886x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475613208755.jpg
494KB, 886x1440px
Is a paladin who has an unshakable confidence in their oath and would never even consider breaking it, constantly and naturally embodying it a more valid character than one who has thoughts or tendencies that might clash with the oath if they were not beholden, who could be made to break their oath under the right circumstances, even if they want to pursue that guise and atone? The devotion paladin who would rather tell a lie to keep people safe or happy, the ancient with a dark secret or weakness that could plunge them under if exposed, the vengeance who doesn't have the burning fury their mentor did or doesn't care to help others wronged by their quarry, and the crown that would gladly break superfluous local laws in favor of his home brand of justice?
>>
>>50337788
Mearls builded 5e from the ground tho
>>
>>50337804

Seriously? Free +1 weapon or +1 armor at level 1? The Defense fighting style at level 6 + fire resistance? Spare the Dying as a bonus action? Ability to make any creature vulnerable to whatever you hit it with? A radiant Hellish Rebuke that you can use whenever any ally is hit? These are all amazing abilities, and that's not even mentioning the domain spells are a few steps above other domain's spells. All three of these domains are simply better than the domains we already have save for, maybe, the Light domain or the Tempest domain.
>>
>>50334359
>Protection domain
>Forge domain

As i read thorugh it i found it hilariously broken for multiclass purposes as they get shield.

MC with monk and have access to shield and divine strike etc.
>>
>>50337890
>Free +1 to AC or to hit and damage that never gets any better and will probably be put on the fighter's greatsword
>the shittiest fighting style and a resistance that 2 races get naturally
>Spare The Dying becomes worth cantrip choice
>Spending a use of Channel Divinity to make something take double damage exactly once, as an action, in melee, instead of just dealing damage to it or casting a spell
>That's not how Radiant Defense works at all and you know it, go read it again
>>
Making a halfling based on Rocket Racoon. What's a good build for range?
>>
>>50338131
Heavy crossbow battlemaster
>>
>>50338131
>What's a good build for range?

I bet you main AD Carry you fat fuck
>>
>>50338175
>AD Carry

Literally gibberish to me. My first 5e game.

>>50338167
Thanks for the suggestion. Reading.
>>
>>50338175
Contain your nerdrage or take it to /v/. You're not being excellent, anon.
>>
>>50338175
>t. support main
>>
>>50338113

So it's a better Hellish Rebuke rather than a Hellish Rebuke. It's still pretty damn good. All of that is pretty damn good.

And Protection is easily worse than Defense.
>>
>>50338131
Beastmaster Ranger, beg GM to allow you to use a Vineblight instead as your companion, take Crossbow master as feat and use a hand crossbow.
>>
>>50337570
Oh, that just made me think of something. What if Flurry of Blows allowed to make a number of attacks equal to their proficiency bonus? Sounds like it'd scale very well.
>>
Anyone have that Aasimar characteristics roll chart?
>>
>>50338263
It's significantly worse than Hellish rebuke.You have to use an action to set it up in advance, and the damage dice can't be increased like Hellish Rebuke's can with a higher level slot. The only upshot of it is that Radiant is far and away a better damage type.
>>
>>50334359
What's the dumbest shit you can use Artisan's Blessing for?
>item must be partly metal and worth 100gp or less
>>
>>50338325
Id use it for a nice silverware set.
>>
>>50338283
Already got my Groot lined up. I think I'll do a heavy Crossbow since Rocket tends to have oversized guns. Pros and Cons between Ranger and Battlemaster? Thinking of going Hunter if I go Ranger.
>>
>>50338293
>High level monks make 2 attacks and then flurry for 6

I'm scared
>>
>>50338325
A club with a single metal nail in it.. Scaled up.

A large weapon costs 4 times as much, a huge weapon costs 8 times as much. You can afford a thousand times as much so a club sized for Gurren Laagan maybe?
>>
>>50338325
A magnifying glass.
>>
>>50338353
Revised Ranger from the UA is pretty good, otherwise it's pretty shit.
I think Fighter would suit Rocket better. He's not really a Ranger in any aspect of the class.
>>
>>50338325
Studded Leather armor.
>>
>>50338325
>become a smith
>create a full suit of scalemail (50gp) or chainmail (75gp) EVERY HOUR
>outfit an army in weeks

>create ladders (1sp) in the middle of a dungeon

>wagons made entirely out of metal (35gp)
>>
Why the fuck is Mordenkainen in Barovia and how did Strahd best him?
What the fuck, he's a level 27 wizard/archmage.
>>
>>50338325
A pile of platinum coins
>>
>>50338407
antimagic field
>>
>>50338399
I figured a Hunter with Favored any (Human) would make sense from the bounty hunting stand point but I suppose you're right otherwise.
>>
>>50338439
Strahd can't cast that though, he's only a 9th level spellcaster.
>>
>>50338501
He hired a guy, plus remember by 3.5 Standards that you're measuring Mord by, Strahd is a level 28 Fighter/Wizard.
>>
>>50338407
>he's a level 27 wizard/archmage.
Nope. He's a lvl12 Archmage. This is 5E.
>>
>>50338557
Mordy was also given stats in the ELH; his build uses epic rules.
>>
>>50338599
You mean 18d8 archmage, CR 12.

What timeline did this Mord exist on?
>>
>>50338373
As you should be, fighting a 17th level monk. Besides, I don't think it'd be that broken. 8d10+40, using a Ki point, averages to 84 damage, which is nowhere close to other focused martials.
>>
>>50338607
And Strahd, statted under similar rules, would be a epic level vampire lord.
>>
File: MissedASession.jpg (42KB, 485x210px) Image search: [Google]
MissedASession.jpg
42KB, 485x210px
>>50335416
Is this a Mitchell and Webb specific filename thread now?
>>
>>50338836
Nah, he wouldn't but he would be an actual Darklord, which they've unfortunately forgot or neglected to give him.
>>
The point being you can't say "How can Strahd, statted in 5e as a CR15 Vampire Lord possibly defeat Mord, who is statted in 3.5 as a Level 27 Epic Caster, just HOW?! HOW!" Even though in 5e, Mord is a humble CR12 Archmage.

It's like saying "Carnifexes are well underpowered in warhammer 40k, they only have 4 wounds when an imperial guard Lasgun in Dark Heresy does 1d10+2 damage."
>>
>>50338557
>>50338836
Where are you getting that?
Using Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, he's a vampire necromancer 10, a CR 15. Nowhere near Mordy's level.

Using the Ravenloft Gazetter Volume I, he's an ancient vampire Ftr4/Nec 16, CR 24 but still has 20 overall levels so not epic. Still nowhere near Mordy's level.
>>
>>50334794
Shame their channel divinity doesn't benefit from being used more often. Probably isn't even something you want to use once per short rest.
>>
>>50331605
>>50338934
>In D3 you break heavy iron doors, 3 diameter thick pillars, etc with ONE punch, you can't even imagine to do that in 5e.
>In D3 you can obliterate an entire room full of whatever while destroying all the enviroment in one hit. This is far from what you can do in 5e.
>Also is a continual combat against infinite hordes of monsters without any rest, in 5e this is night impossible.
>No, D3 is way higher level than 5e and not the other way around.

how would you accomplish a campaign like this in 5e?

>have "long rest" drops?
>low hp on enemies?
>build them as swarms?
>give more destructive aoe powers to everyone?
>random modifiers on monsters.
>randomly generated powerful magic items all over the place.
>items have sockets.
>>
>>50339043
You can't use it more than once a short rest any.
>>
>>50339007
Could you stop being so autistic.

The Mad Mage is a CR 12 archmage, Mord on his own timeline we're unsure about because he isn't even given full stats.
>>
>>50338557
>>50338836
>>50339007
Butthurt Strahd fanboys detected.
>>
>>50339046
By playing a different system.
>>
>>50339086
there isnt one that i can think of that would do a good job of diablo. is there such a game?
>>
>>50335149
They errata'd Minor Conjuration anyway just to silence arguments like this. The object poofs if it would deal or take any damage.
>>
>>50339101
Plenty.
>>
>>50339109
No, the errata says the object disappears if it deals damage, not that it disappears before dealing damage. There's a huge difference. Under the current raw, the object deals damage and disappears simultaneously.
>>
>>50339123
example?
>>
>>50339235
Requests go in >>>/wsr/
>>
>>50339396
>>50339396
>>50339396
>>
>>50338325

Blood.

it contains iron, after all.
>>
>>50338869

Epic
>>
>>50339046

>>In D3 you break heavy iron doors, 3 diameter thick pillars, etc with ONE punch, you can't even imagine to do that in 5e.

What. Why not. I'm pretty sure the DC isn't that high.
>>
>>50335355
No. Shove and grapple are still attacks, so they can benefit from things that help attacks, but flurry of blows is only unarmed strikes.
>>
>>50337013
>next UAs:
>Druid
>Fighter
>Monk
MYSTIC, just in time for Christmas.
>Paladin
>Ranger
>Rogue
>Sorcerer
>Warlock
>Wizard
Fits the alphabet and the promise
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.