[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Short, Squat, and Full of 'Ware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 70

File: Dwarf Augments.jpg (239KB, 581x815px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Augments.jpg
239KB, 581x815px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50212093
>KoborokuruOnYomi.pdf
>MenehuneGoesThroughDogDoor.trid
>ViewFromBelow.sim
>TolkienianBeardBraiding.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 8796 (66% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Can you get something off the top shelf for me?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running FourtiesForTheShorties.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Dwarfs. Great metavariant, or greatest metavariant? Blend in well with human society (cultural stereotype of being hard workers, that's the nice Canadian of Sixth World stereotypes), but with the ability to play up the physical difference as required. One dice of Reaction max and a slower speed, and in return you get a big boost to BOD, a step up for Willpower, improved resistance, and thermographic vision. And the metavariants are all fun and diverse.
>>
Am I the only one who constantly forgets that dwarves are a thing?
I have plenty of human, elf, orc and troll n
NPCs in my game, but for whatever reason, when I'm making a new NPC, I have to actively remind myself they exist, or there wouldn't be ANY in my games...
The fuck, brain?
>>
>>50297222
I don't we've ever had a dwarven PC in our games. Playing on and off since 1996.

Gotta give it to OP though, that's a cool pic.
>>
>>50297222
No, our group seems to forget about them all the time.
>>
File: Dwarf Biker Leather.jpg (198KB, 500x845px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Biker Leather.jpg
198KB, 500x845px
>>50297287
Thanks. I put dwarves in everything because the art for them is generally good, and there's lots of it. Unlike trolls, which look radically different all the time, artists more or less have dorfs down.
>>
How would one go about homebrewing a prototype weapon?
Asked last thread about rewarding my players for a run being done for Ares, but I don't really know what I could do beyond just "this gun except with 1 accuracy exchanged for 1 damage", or something along those lines
Or a new laser gun, I guess, but that's unlikely to ever be used by any of the characters they have right now.
>>
>>50298270
Take a laser gun and let the characters use a weapon skill they actually have for it. Also, make the laser not bad.
>>
>>50298270
>How would one go about homebrewing a prototype weapon?
Look at the various available firearms for the type you want to create, and keep it roughly within the upper / lower boundaries of their given stats.
>>
>>50299090
Not him, but wouldn't it be better to push the upper boundaries with it? Given that it's supposed to be a run reward?
>>
File: Gun Show.jpg (225KB, 1024x621px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Show.jpg
225KB, 1024x621px
>>50299147
The issue being that top-tier weapons are supposed to be difficult to acquire (expensive, and a high F availability), and are often broken. If you decide to step up from the top, you end up with something like the unerrated Rainforest Carbine.
>>
>>50299442
I'd think doing a run and only getting a laser gun or whatever would be difficult enough.
And yeah, it'll probably be F.
>broken
Well don't make it absurdly good. But like, it's no fun when you get a super fancy prototype laser assault cannon but you'd be better off with an ares alpha.
>>
>>50299147
Hence 'roughly'.
>>
What's the closest we've got to a main battle tank gun?
>>
>>50299551
4e main battle tank guns?
>>
File: Troll Weapons Dealer.jpg (108KB, 307x750px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Weapons Dealer.jpg
108KB, 307x750px
>>50299478
You're generally better off using the Alpha most of the time, because it is a top-tier weapon. If the homebrew laser cannon is just "the Alpha, but better" as some idiot was suggesting last thread, that's no good.

Honestly he'd be better off using some existing weapon, giving it a couple of mods as integral parts, and presenting it all as an Ares product. Good and unique, but not something that is the greatest thing since sliced soybread.
>>
> "For you, a prototype Ares Alpha Tactical. Same firepower, with integral suppression for the discerning operator. Not even Firewatch has them yet"

> "And for you, an Ares Light Fire '76. It's like the LF75, but it comes in a cool stars and stripes paintjob. It's built strong like America, so it can even survive a misfire of Ares Firecracker™ brand explosive munitions, and keep shooting."

> "And for the rigger, a set of wireless-enabled fuzzy dice for his Roadmaster"
>>
>>50299777
If the ares alpha is better, then what's the point? Why bother getting a silly prototype weapon if something you can get during chargen is better?
>>
File: new_toy__by_tiger1313-d7sf1ay.jpg (303KB, 997x801px) Image search: [Google]
new_toy__by_tiger1313-d7sf1ay.jpg
303KB, 997x801px
>>50298270
This Johnson also happens to work for the VP of Marketing for Ares and is offering an exclusive opportunity to beta test the new Ares Thunderstruck. Runners get the guns and a deal on accessories, but are contractually obliged to be witnessed using them X times per month to drum up hype in the community prior to the release. I'd let them test with longarms and automatics at a penalty so more players can get in on extremely ill-advised fun.
>>
>>50299991

Possibly:

- The alpha is illegal as all hell, this one might be *almost* as good as the alpha, but you can actually carry it without going to jail

- Getting strange stuff that's obviously from Ares' reject bin of failed prototypes and poor sellers is inherently kinda funny

- It's way more fun to shoot Mr.Johnson after he betrays you with a gun that he himself gave you instead of an off-the-shelf Alpha

- The Alpha doesn't come with that sweet stars and stripes paintjob
>>
>>50300114
>- The alpha is illegal as all hell, this one might be *almost* as good as the alpha, but you can actually carry it without going to jail
Oh yay, I sure do love something that can be replaced by an alpha and a duffel bag
>Getting strange stuff that's obviously from Ares' reject bin of failed prototypes and poor sellers is inherently kinda funny
If this was paranoia and there was no expectation of reward for your actions, perhaps. But it isn't. This is a game where gear is the main method of character advancement for 50% of players. So yeah, getting stupid bullshit instead of a reward isn't really worth it.
>It's way more fun to shoot Mr.Johnson after he betrays you with a gun that he himself gave you instead of an off-the-shelf Alpha
not really
>The Alpha doesn't come with that sweet stars and stripes paintjob
Oh yeah, that's a great reward. Fluff. Hey, another great idea! Instead of giving karma for the run, change the color of the mage's spells.
>>
File: 1446944467164.png (314KB, 378x497px) Image search: [Google]
1446944467164.png
314KB, 378x497px
>>50300223
>getting stupid bullshit instead of a reward isn't really worth it.

It's not "instead of" it's "in addition to". Anon made it clear in his original post that there was still going to be cash in hand, he was just going to add some cool firepower to the mix so that it would be memorable.

But I understand that you hate the idea that some people might like the idea that they have a unique piece of tech no one else does, something just for their character, instead of doing the proper thing and having a spreadsheet to determine the perfect gun and use that exclusively. After all, gear is a main method of character advancement. Choices in gear should never be used as a chance to explore a character's personality or give them on opportunity to roleplay with a good and interesting weapon, it must be mathed out to the extreme to determine the optimal path from which they cannot deviate.
>>
File: 0dWWt9v.jpg (56KB, 564x940px) Image search: [Google]
0dWWt9v.jpg
56KB, 564x940px
>>50297336
Well dwarves exist in a lot of different fantasies. Where as the SR version of trolls only exist in in their own fantasy. Plus because of the nature of the company and the inconsistency with art, no on has a base to draw on.
>>
>>50300114
There is no way that a unreleased prototype would ever be regarded as anything other than forbidden.

It should have some meaningful bonus, maybe not raw damage, but it should do something cool; like it's got a next gen smartlink which can fire special "smart" bullets that are essentially micro gyro-jet rounds that can curve making them harder to dodge/enabling otherwise impossible trick-shots.
Or may it's got a hook up to an Ares private sat-net that allows it to claim wireless bonuses while remaining virtually undetectable on the matrix since it's talking directly to Ares' system and bypassing the wider net.
>>
>>50300311
>Choices in gear should never be used as a chance to explore a character's personality or give them on opportunity to roleplay with a good and interesting weapon, it must be mathed out to the extreme to determine the optimal path from which they cannot deviate.
Yeah, see, here's the issue. I hate having to chose between the cool path and the optimal path. Preferably, the cool path should also be optimal. I shouldn't have to think "Do I want to have a laser cannon, or do I want to not suck?"
>>
>>50300311
The thing you're missing is that when this started in the earlier thread anon was looking for suggestions for material reward from a Ares Johson and I suggested that they'd have to go off book to give them something worthwhile, the party in question already has pretty optimised weapons. So I suggested prototypes, and making it a recurring plot hook, like Ares is now using the PCs to field test the weapons and the could lead to future goods and missions. However for that to work, the weapons have to be worth the players time otherwise they'll toss them in the corner and when Ares call again go, nah fuck those guys they gypped us. You gotta bait a hook if you want it to catch the fish.
>>
File: 1356628282862.jpg (157KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
1356628282862.jpg
157KB, 600x920px
>>50297121
>a slower speed
Not even. They still have the same Run speed calculations as everyone else, they just gain fewer meters-per-hit on Run tests, which were already a joke.

Yeah, I fucking love dwarves - I always have to resist the urge to play one.

>>50297222
It's because they're easily given the least attention and pagecount of any of the metatypes. When a writer wants to talk about people who are charming and have an accepted place in society, they talk about elves. When a writer wants to talk about people who are strong or poor, they talk about orks. When a writer wants to talk about people who are outcastes in a world that isn't sized for them, they talk about trolls.

Which leaves dwarves with no space to exploit, since they have an accepted place in society, are strong, and are in a world that isn't sized for them.

It's a damn shame - I'd love for the writers to give them a more prominent role.

But honestly, I feel like that's true in general. Dwarves tend to be regularly forgotten in any fantasy setting - though at least in those they have prominently-featured underground dwarf kingdoms as 'here be dwarves' segments to guarantee at least some attention.
>>
Everyone has been talking about how the Johnson can give out tech as unique rewards for a run. But what about the wizard? What can the Johnson be offering so they don't get shafted.
>>
>>50302729
>Rare reagents
>Access to corporate libraries for training purposes
>Synthetic awakened drugs
>Unique telesma

Worst case scenario they can sell the item on and convert the nuyen into karma.
>>
>>50302761
Given the context is specifically Ares, possibly add New combat spell formulae to that list as they field test them for effectiveness.
>>
>>50303378
Refined reagents and a combat related advanced alchemy formula?

Well, more likely the formula and then selling those reagents, possibly in large and unrefined amounts.

Unlike most of normal alchemy, advanced alchemy has some fun things in it.
>>
Hi, I'm looking for documents, pdf or otherwise, which compile useful lore in a condensed format. I'd be interested in anything like the Sixth World Almanac, but what I really want to have at hand is all the little stuff that exists in the world : gun brands and what they're known for in-setting, the aspect and effect of cybernetics, etc.

I won't need any mechanics stuff, but want the game to really feel like Shadowrun by making the effort of using all the in-setting brand names and other stuff like that.
>>
>>50302729
Weapon Foci. Or still just guns. Wizards in Shadowrun should still know how to shoot.
>>
File: npc_humanfemale_alicesim.png (94KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
npc_humanfemale_alicesim.png
94KB, 212x278px
>>50297121

there is another thread I think you got the previous thread wrong >>50254617
>>
File: 1479548295131.jpg (237KB, 962x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1479548295131.jpg
237KB, 962x1600px
Big fucking troll tits.
>>
>>50305206
I don't know what cultural shift has made everyone decide to portray female trolls as hot but I hope it keeps going forever.
>>
File: Troll 3e.png (320KB, 548x670px) Image search: [Google]
Troll 3e.png
320KB, 548x670px
>>50305256
I don't. It's stupid to talk about how trolls are viewed as monsters when they're all BBWs with horns. I don't know if the artists just can't be bothered to read about dermal growths, if the SR vidya's limitations made all the trolls look more human and the artists are going off of that, or what, but it's stupid.
>>
>>50305290
>it's the vidyas fault
The tabletop art has been doing a lot more to reinforce the idea that trolls still look fundamentally human beneath their various troll features than the vidyas ever did. Eiger excluded, most of the troll portraits in the games look jacked compared to current tabletop art.

What's causing it is more likely people wanting their trolls to actually look like people instead of looking like bears with horns, because the latter works against having the nuance required to play around with your character as a person, rather than having literally everything defined in context of either being in opposition to or support of troll stereotypes.

That and the fact that grunge and punk are so far out of style that people don't even remember them anymore.

>>50305256
I know, right?
>>
File: Troll Cop Macklusky.png (180KB, 409x578px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Cop Macklusky.png
180KB, 409x578px
>>50305331
I just mean that due to technical limitations/art style, the trolls of the vidya are a lot less craggy, and that smoothskinned idea might have been carried back over by artists for the tabletop.

>my inhuman character doesn't look human
>now I can't play him with nuance, only playing to or against stereotypes

Are all your dwarves Flint Fireforge or Pikel?
>>
The true reason trolls are being beautified:
They do not have troll regen, sopeople subtly file them closer to ogre or giant than troll.
Over the course of years, the mental reclassification gets stronger as it reaches critical mass.
>>
>>50305256
>>50305290
>>50305331
It's unfortunate that people are just going to assume that's what trolls look like, but I think there's meant to be a sharp uptake in trogs & reduction surgery.
>>
>>50305420
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Orks
>>
>>50305420
McKlusky was an Ork, you trog.

>>50305479
Nah, they're just making everything less cartoonishly inhuman - so that you can see the human being behind the tusks and the horns and such, rather than them being so far outside of that they're just their metatype.

Reduction surgeries actually remove goblin features outright - shaving off horns, removing tusks, rounding ears, and so on.

That said, basic corrections - for symmetry and such - might be as common in the Sixth World as braces and other orthodontics are in our time. The sort of minor corrections you make when a child is young for comfort and appearance, and which remain 'corrected' as they grow into adults. Where you're still obviously an ork or a troll or whatever, but seemingly-naturally on the somewhat more attractive side.
>>
>>50305420
that's an ork mate.
>>
So, at what point do Megacorps stop being corporations, and become Dispersed Mercantile and Oligarchical nations unto themselves? AA?AAA?
>>
File: 1476206662226.jpg (78KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476206662226.jpg
78KB, 618x800px
>>50305895
AA is when they gain extraterritoriality and the ability to issue SINs - so AA.

At that point, they're legally nations - specifically, profit-motivated nations with 100% socialized industries. Their employee-citizens even pay them a percent of their income to their employer as taxes.

It's all of the worst parts of communism and capitalism combined into a single truly awful megacorporate model.

Also, interestingly, there's more than one direction to reach that destination. Singapore, for example, privatized the entire citystate into a single AA megacorp, going from nationstate->corporate state, instead of corporation->corporate state. The Mafia, on the other hand, purchased the entire nation of Sicily, and thus holds unofficial AA status, with the ability to issue SINs, have nation-scale pseudo-legitimate banking, and even official armed forces and treaty recognition.
>>
Hey, yekka? Jack of All Trades Master of None is incorrectly applying itself to Knowledge skills, making the first level of every Knowledge skill cost 0 karma.
>>
What are some games you would like to play but never will?
Id like to play in a game that features a money hungry cyber ronin and a scumbag priest trying to do jobs and scam people in the neo-sengoku period.

Itll never happen.
>>
>>50306062
>What are some games you would like to play but never will?
Most of the games I'd like to play but never will are truly filthy lewd fetish games.

But aside from that? I'd love to play an LA-based celebrity runner game where the crew keeps getting into increasingly serious runs that they have to figure out how to scrub into watchable programming.
>>
If I put an Armored Jacket on an Anthrodrone, does that stack with its natural drone Armor?
>>
>>50306157
>If I put an Armored Jacket on an Anthrodrone, does that stack with its natural drone Armor?
Explicitly not. It either gets its natural armor or its worn armor. It says as much in Rigger 5.0 - though it was easy to miss, since it was in a different section from the anthropomorphic drones themselves, for some stupid reason.
>>
In the campaign I'm doing with my girlfriend, we're using the Life Module system of character creation from Run Faster. Run Faster only provides UCAS, CAS, NAN and Tir as nationalities. I've found life module options in Data Trails and Chrome Flesh, but can't find anything adding new nationality options. I'm mainly looking for a Japanese nationality choice for a Primerunner I'm making for the campaign.
>>
>>50305782
>they're just making everything less cartoonishly inhuman
>so that you can see the human being behind the tusks and the horns and such, rather than them being so far outside of that they're just their metatype
I don't buy it. Check Chrome Flesh for support it's being pushed in setting, and that reduction is being used by corps as a means of bringing trog facial structures into line with others as more easily recognisable by biometric security.
>>
>>50297121
I love dwarves so much, but often lament the comparative lack of content for them in Shadowrun. Other than ham-handedly homebrewing some fluff that brings them out of their "red headed step child" status, I don't know what do to about it.
>>
>>50306245
Can you give me a page on that? I'm trying to find it for reference.
>>
So, question about Ghouls, changelings and the magic resource on the priority table.

Infected and Changelings get 1 point magic per default, but do they add the magic resource number to their existing magic at chargen, or does the magic priority overwrite it ?

(so on priority D they would have 2 magic like everyone else)
>>
>>50307164
Overwritten.
>>
>>50307164
>Changelings
You mean Metasapients and Shapeshifters.
>>
>>50307367
>You mean Metasapients and Shapeshifters.
You mean pets pretending to be people
>>
>>50307426
No.
>>
so matrix combat started. With two almost new people. 20 minutes have passed and the one with highest initiative haven't even acted yet.This is gonna take about 40 years to end.
>>
>>50306293
I'm fully aware of its place in Chrome Flesh. Regardless, it's something that removes features outright. For cases where people are just made more symmetrical and prettier while still being recognizably orkish/trollish, though, you're just going to be talking about minor cosmetic touch-ups.
>>
>>50306708
Not that guy, but it's not an official rule - one of the devs said so on a forum, but that it never got listed in the book. By RAW - rather than word of god - they stack. By word of god - rather than RAW - they don't.

Pick your preference.
>>
>>50308475
please provide this RAW stating they do stack
>>
>>50308536
>please provide this RAW stating they do stack
That's not how this works. Unless something says they don't stack, they do stack - same as the way worn armor stacks with a troll's dermal armor or a street samurai's armored cyberlimbs. You don't have to prove a negative, only a positive.

As for the dev explaining how it's actually supposed to work, well, here you go:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/4mtu4o/can_humanoid_drones_wear_regular_armor/d3z5k6w/
>>
>>50307969
Show them this:
>>
Is there anything in any of the books that gives a good idea of what a Zero-Zone should be like?
At the moment I've just got a building patrolled by Roto-Drones, with a few Gun Turrets outside each door(set up as per the first example the book gives), the rigger controlling all of that sitting in a mostly-secure room in the building that puts him within 100 meters of most of them, and a chokepoint hallway with a security mage and some caged hellhounds, set to be released by a motion sensor.

I'm not sure if maybe this is too much, or if I should remove the rigger(and assume he's just handling it all from somewhere close but outside the zero-zone) and mage(and just let them deal with the hellhounds alone, without the mage's support).
>>
Run Faster (provisional) Errata now lets Karmagen to put 235 Karma into Nuyen, a maximum of 470k Nuyen, and Karmagen gets the free Knowledge and Contact points just as Priority/Sum-to-ten.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=9i97jfdhts1d0972d3lpi1rs47&topic=24596.30
>>
>>50308417
>Regardless, it's something that removes features outright
Here's the thing.

... You're wrong.

>troll reduction involves a multi-stage process of dermal-plate removal, tusk reduction, hair removal, symmetrical re-balancing, and a host of other little tweaks

Tusk reduction. No horn alteration. Symmetrical balancing. Dermal calcifications grow back or are only superficially removed. (after all, it doesn't remove troll natural armour)
That's Troll Reduction, nigs.

More than that, you're pushing the topic down a non-issue. Does not even matter which it is, so long as the corps are pushing reduced trog features and altering trogs for easier biometric security recognition. Which they are. And unless you ignore it or haven't been exposed to it, that's what the art shows us.
>>
>>50305959
I think Vietnam is trying to do the singapore thing, altho 100% of the stock in the megacorp is currently owned by the goverment, so I'm not sure if it counts.
>>
>>50306291
Make one yourself then.
>>50308931
I think that's good.
>>
File: 1476257661405.png (181KB, 838x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1476257661405.png
181KB, 838x1250px
>>50308982
Not that guy, but listen.

Most orks/trolls can't afford 15k nuyen of Troll Reduction, because that's a fucking lot of money.

Period.

That's three months of Middle Class rent/mortgage, food, car payments, insurance, and so on - and believe you me, most of these orks/trolls ain't middle class, so that's an even more extreme investment to be made.

So when you see orks/trolls that are on the good looking side? They're almost always either just naturally towards the more-attractive side of ork/troll appearance (because they do have a range/spectrum just like any other metatype, where some are prettier/uglier than the median), or they're people who got 500 nuyen of minor cosmetic surgery, or both. There will be some who drop literally tens of thousands of nuyen on serious overhauls, but that's going to be way, way far from the majority.

And the cheaper Metatype Reduction (which still costs 6,000 goddamn nuyen, well outside of what your typical ork can drop on cosmetic surgery) explicitly involves:
>tusk removal, body hair is lasered off for good, bone deposits and hard plates cut away

What's more, Troll Reduction's second level (25k nuyen, yeah right) further explicitly goes all the way to full horn, tusk, and so forth removal:
>Renraku even introduced a second level of the process that pretty much turns a troll into a giant human.

You're not just wrong, you're the type of wrong where you had to read through every sentence disagreeing with you in order to pick out only the sentences that - out of context - could support your claim. That makes you dishonest too - intellectually dishonest, if it wasn't intentional.
>>
Trolls are getting sexy because the unstable first transformations are now stable. Also they fuck a lot of humans.
>>
File: please stop.png (81KB, 757x127px) Image search: [Google]
please stop.png
81KB, 757x127px
>>50309154
>>
>>50309036
>I think that's good.
Great.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I should homebrew up an Ares weapon they could all get some use out of(all but 1 of them has points in Automatics, only half of them have points in Longarms, so I'd probably go with an Automatic weapon of some sort), or just give them each 1 gun and then a credstick with whatever's left from the total reward and then tell them there's a gun shop down the street that's been told to fill their orders without questioning their SINs.

The latter seems a bit better to me, because then they each get their own new gun, and they can customize it to their heart's content.
Plus, its their first run for Ares, and I kinda doubt Ares would just give a group of newbies a handful of prototypes to test out.
>>
>>50308931
Spirits and wards are the main purpose of using mages for security, and are more wide-spread because a single mage can create multiple wards and bound spirits and doesn't even need to stay at the place. Any location worth having an actual mage present would also have those two as well.
>>
File: Muh Freedom.gif (982KB, 285x171px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Freedom.gif
982KB, 285x171px
>>50309219
>Also they fuck a lot of humans.

That raises an interesting point. If one or more of your parents are not the same metatype as you, do you pick up their traits? Is there some troll with a leaner face and elf ears because he had elf parents? What about genetics not tied to metatype; would the human kid of a koborokuru and a white girl be mixed Asian/Caucasian, or pure white? And are there now trolls that look more trolly because they're 'breeding true' with other trolls, pushing their human ancestry farther up the family tree?
>>
>>50309437
The open answer is no.
The secret answer is yes.
That is why after a few generations of using humans as "breeders", they now have human features.
>>
Hey, chummers.

Is there a book in any edition that gives rules for runs in the wilderness? I've found a bunch of fluff and stats for critters but I can't find anything else.
>>
>>50309437
>If one or more of your parents are not the same metatype as you, do you pick up their traits?
Probably only slightly. Keep in mind that ork traits are super dominant over non-Goblinoid traits, so it's much more likely to find a pretty ork than a fanged elf, if that sort of thing manifests at all.

>What about genetics not tied to metatype; would the human kid of a koborokuru and a white girl be mixed Asian/Caucasian, or pure white?
Mixed. People of non-human metatypes are still visibly of their ethnic group. You have black, asian, white, and so forth dwarves, orks, whatever.

>And are there now trolls that look more trolly because they're 'breeding true' with other trolls, pushing their human ancestry farther up the family tree?
Certainly could be.
>>
>>50309392
Give them some mods for their current weapons (or a brand new gun from a book if one of them is eyeing something already, Ares having gathered info on them and trawled their Matrix search history), and the gun shop is enough for the first run. Save up the big special prototypes for later on, but tease them to keep them interested.

This is how corps get pet runners.
>>
>>50309392
I'd go with the latter. Prototypes are if ares really likes you.
>>
>>50309473
Somewhat related, do all children of human/whatever become nonhuman? Or do they all, or do some of them only?
>>
>>50309751
Genetics is a lottery in the sixth world.
>>
File: 1467344212240.png (3MB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1467344212240.png
3MB, 1000x1333px
>>50309751
Most of them become non-human metavariants, because those are dominant genes (and in cases of goblin/non-goblin, usually goblin), but there can still be human kids. A human child of an orc/human pair is rare, but not unheard of.
>>
>>50309751
>Somewhat related, do all children of human/whatever become nonhuman?
It depends on the combination.

Ork/human results in an ork more than 90% of the time - ork genetics are super dominant.

That's less true when you start looking at stuff like elves or dwarves or whatever.

And, on top of that, basically nobody is 100% one metatype, genetically, but they only express as one or the other. In the same way that two mixed-race humans can produce children that look really black, or really white, sometimes two orks will have their genetics line up where the kid gets none of the dominant ork genes, and ends up a human or an elf or something.

Shit's weird. There aren't any pure races.
>>
>>50309154
>More than that, you're pushing the topic down a non-issue. Does not even matter which it is, so long as the corps are pushing reduced trog features and altering trogs for easier biometric security recognition. Which they are. And unless you ignore it or haven't been exposed to it, that's what the art shows us.

Fuck, dude. I get that people stop reading after the first sentence, but this is embarrassing to read.
>>
>>50305986
Can't replicate it.
>>
Your runners are invited to a gala/ball, all of them will attend

What happens?
for those with no group: what would your character concept do?

>Party face and his girlfriend (former Sammy of the Team) try to enjoy themselves and pick up some girls
>Long-arms specialist/possible infiltrator just stands around silently
>TM NPC tries to get him to socialize
>Ork Sammy goes straight to the bar
>>
File: Fashion.png (284KB, 674x585px) Image search: [Google]
Fashion.png
284KB, 674x585px
>>50310085
Are they invited for run-related reasons, or just for the party?

Either way ends in bloodshed, but we need to figure out if it happens because the sammy is on K-10 or just drunk on the open bar.
>>
>>50310085
My Sam would be waiting anxiously on the toilet for all hell to break lose (which will always ALWAYS happen), with a disassembled assaultrifle stashed in the two large smuggling compartments in his legs.
>>
>>50308761
I kinda love you right now
>>
>>50310085
>Face/Infil would fit right in.
>Phys.Ad would not have a clue what to do, being a farmboy and all.
>Rigger would look the buffoon and raid the buffet.
>Chairmaster and Killtroll would obviously ruin everything five minutes in.
>Face/Decker would try to fit, but his views on the world would not.
>Technomancer would try to strike down the corporate overlords, be ready for anything.
>>
>>50310085
Mr smog would go in his bane mask and as nice a suit as he can. He would blow smoke on fat cats and chortly.
Crustaceonancer would go wearing scraps, posibly from a suit, and spend his time picking through the buffet.
Murderbot would go in a sprayed on suit, and act gregarious, friendly, and social. he wouldnt be liked much since like 4/5th ofhis stories are about killing all humans.
>>
>>50310085
Decker would fit right the fuck in(Dryad, high charisma) and be an entertaining part of the affair.
Infiltrator would probably fit in, but avoid notice most of the evening.
Adept would run around flirting with chicks and breaking shit on accident, then making jokes about how he's too good at partying.
The troll would stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>50310513
>Decker would fit right the fuck in(Dryad, high charisma) and be an entertaining part of the affair.
Man, I need to see more social engineer deckers. Social infiltrators who also Deck and Face. Social engineering is such a classic part of the real-world hacker package, it's crazy that Deckers are normally played as strictly software-side.

The advantages of being given access to internal systems by walking straight through the front door alone is mind-blowing, and that's before even taking into account the benefit of doing shit like conning people out of their account information to gain legitimate access to certain parts of a Host.
>>
>>50309242
>ITT: trogs who can't read good, or do other stuff good, too

>>50309154
Also;
>which still costs 6,000 goddamn nuyen, well outside of what your typical ork can drop on cosmetic surgery
Which is why the Japs (others, too, but gotta dig at the nips first) make it available in instalments and heavily subsidise reduction surgery for wage-trogs.

>> For those on a budget, you can buy the procedure as six treatments of only a thousand nuyen each. Your health insurance covers it if you’re in a Japanacorp, and several other corporations also cover it.
> OrkCE0
>>
File: Decker Dumpster.jpg (353KB, 713x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Decker Dumpster.jpg
353KB, 713x1004px
>>50310911
>Social engineering is such a classic part of the real-world hacker package, it's crazy that Deckers are normally played as strictly software-side.

Because deckers aren't real hackers. They're the boogeymen of the 80's come to life; masters of arcane processes that are taking over every aspect of life, who can turn your existence upside down from their bedroom.

Social engineering is fun and the practical way to get into secure systems in the real world, but it's not what deckers are. If you need a con artist, that's a different archetype; in the movie he'll be Brad Pitt, while the decker is Chris O'Dowd.
>>
>>50310085
Current party:
My character gets along with everyone or pisses everyone off. Either or.
The satyr definately pisses everyone off.
No clue for mystic adept
The decker shoots up in the bathroom and falls unconcious.
Planned party for next campaign:
Doom mage makes an ass of himself, possibly rips open his dress shirt to reveal bomb vest. Hostage situation unfolds from there.
>>
>>50311521
>Social engineering is fun and the practical way to get into secure systems in the real world, but it's not what deckers are. If you need a con artist, that's a different archetype; in the movie he'll be Brad Pitt, while the decker is Chris O'Dowd.
There's no reason you can't be both. Talk your way past the front desk, con John Wageslave into giving you full access to his terminal, and then using all of that to crack into a host. Then have one build off of the other - give yourself a fake AR security badge and open doors for you, bluff people into not questioning it, and so on.

Even as Shadowrun is set up, decking (especially AR decking) and Face stuff complement each other fantastically - in every way except attribute overlap.
>>
>>50311912
>in every way except attribute overlap.
Yes, hello? This is the Technomancer. I've got you covered.
>>
>>50312203
If you can find the points to be an Elf Technomancer with max Cha, you can also brick things like crazy.

Probably want to get some 'ware in you regardless of type because hey. It's probably going to get you way more benefits than the Res loss takes.
>>
>>50312203
>Yes, hello? This is the Technomancer. I've got you covered.
It's not a big deal either way. A Face/Decker only needs Logic, Intuition, Willpower, and Charisma, which is easily afforded - often with enough left over to get you some Agility and average ratings in your remaining physicals.
>>
>>50304380
Why bother when any competent wizard can pop a physical or stun-based spell with higher accuracy, less resistance, possible side effects, insanely good range, no ammo spent, and no clue as to where the origin of the attack came from? With the only downsides coming in if they fuck up their Drain rolls.
>>
>>50312658
>Why bother when any competent wizard can pop a physical or stun-based spell with higher accuracy, less resistance, possible side effects, insanely good range, no ammo spent, and no clue as to where the origin of the attack came from?
They take drain, they leave an astral signature, they do WAY less damage per attack, and not having and shooting a gun instantly marks you to be geeked.

Attack spells are actually one of the weakest combat options in 5e - full stop - with the exception of Indirect AoE spells.
>>
>>50309437
Nah, you're either one metatype or another. There's no mixing of metatypes. No half-elf/half-trog mixes, no half-human/half squats, only fullbloods.

Dunno about metatype variants, tho.
>>
>>50312658
Drain sucks, and also sometimes weapons are cool. My doom mage has a flamethrower, for example.
Also, spells do way less damage than weapons.
>>
>>50312658

“A gun can run out of bullets, and a mage can run out of mojo ... so I bring both to the battlefield. Insurance.” ~ Combat Mage Example Character, 4e Quickstart rules
>>
So question about cyberweapons.

In nearly every cybergun there's a listing for both internal magazine and clip sizes. This is for whether or not the weapon has an external clip port installed in the limb.

That said, what happens if you /do/ install said port? Does the cyberweapon cease to have an internal magazine and only feeds off a clip, or can it use both?
In addition, how does this work for the custom cyber guns, from Chrome Flesh? Are they assumed to have a similar setup?
>>
>>50313501
Pretty sure it can use both
And the cost that gets added onto custom cyber guns is at least in part to give them a similar setup, yes.

When they say all cyberweapons have those mods, they mean /all/.
>>
>>50313617
Sounds good. Is there something in the rules that backs that up, or is that just a broad interpretation of the rules? Just need something to point to in case someone gets pissy about it.
>>
>>50313668
I wouldn't call it particularly broad, but it's explicitly called an hidden external ammo port on 458. So the internal magazine should be there because you're just putting in a port so that a longer clip can connect to the gun.
>>
>>50313501

"All cyberguns have internal magazines" so I'd say that they have the internal magazine regardless of the external clip port.
>>
>>50312793
Changelings (aka broken metagenetics) can do half-breeds. Sex does not.
>>
No Shadowrun Anarchy PDFs, or is it still not out?
>>
>>50315412
I believe there were pdfs posted here, but I don't have them and I'm not going to look for you. Check previous threads, but it wasn't posted hugely recently IIRC.
>>
>>50315588
Huh ok, at least it's out
>>
File: bill the farmer.png (267KB, 1893x1795px) Image search: [Google]
bill the farmer.png
267KB, 1893x1795px
Hey y'all. I was dicking around with chummer5 and made a rural boy. Haven't finished buying all the essential gear like the commlink yet but finished the meat of the build.

How long do you reckon he'll last before getting killed and what do you think will spell his doom?
>>
Does anyone have some advice for adventures involving insect spirits? One of my players took an mild allergy to bee stings and I like the phrase "evil bee wizard" enough that I wish to use it more than once.
>>
>>50316218
decent enough
cause of death: shot down with gold bullets
cause of death 2: caught in supressing fire by cheesy guns from GH3. Sadly he had neighter bullets nor auto weapons to amswer.
>>
>>50316218
I'm curious as to why you're buying cheap clothing when you have a trust fund lifestyle.

I forget what the first level covers, but it should be good enough that your wardrobe doesn't need filling out with accounted for cheap stuff. (Unless you literally got it on a run or something, probably from one of the nicer vending machines.)
>>
>>50317191
Pretty much every lifestyle covers some form of clothing. Even street bums can get plastic flats.
>>
>>50317321
Yeah. I was just wondering why cheap clothes showed up on the sheet. At that point they were presumably accounted for (meaning paid out of the starting nuyen) and don't seem to have anything unusual to warrant it.
>>
So, I just finished Shadowrun Returns with a Rigger and I want to ask, what's a good "class" for the next two games if I don't want to miss shit ?

I'm thinking about a guy that magically punches stuff or a straight shotgun badass but I don't want to miss some cool stuff or quests because I'm not a mage or have no hacking so should I instead go with a Decker ?
>>
>>50318305
Decker specializing in assault rifles for when they're not decking.
>>
>>50318305
>>50318341
Decker specializing in assault rifles is a good pick, but I would go mage for hong kong, as you get an actually decent decker (and an actually decent rigger too) in HK
>>
>>50298270
Give the gun a unique property. Everyone likes the guns that work differently to the rest of their class.

In my experience, people only ever use the gun with the highest damage code (allowing for price if you're talking Longarms) or the gun with a unique property. The monowhip wouldn't get the attention it gets if it were just a high damage weapon and not the unique melee weapon that ignores your strength.

If it's a prototype that the party won't necessarily be able to keep or keep in ammunition, then you can go crazy with the balance without worrying about permanently breaking the game. What about an assault rifle with no recoil penalties? Or a sniper rifle that lets you keep aiming until you've got a +20 to your roll? Smart grenades that don't inflict friendly fire? Or just pick your favourite option from your favourite near-future sci-fi FPS.

What about ammunition that auto-aims? No matter how powerful that ends up being, you're never going to have to worry about the PCs over-using it if you give them a finite quantity of rounds.
>>
Are the Gun kata/Ares Firefight styles any good?
>>
File: Snapchat-6538073910459720897.jpg (992KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6538073910459720897.jpg
992KB, 1440x2560px
So my computer is bricked along with all my npc stats and a way to build them fast. Is there a place to pull pregen mooks from? I need a cybered yak and rent a cops. And floor plans. Amd my music is gone. Jesus i need this game right now.
>>
i have a v. large group (8-10) and normal jobs are a bit too tough for my group to wrangle

what are some unique opportunities afforded by such a giant table
>>
>>50319621
Throw them into an Urban Brawl game
>>
>>50319445
>Are the Gun kata/Ares Firefight styles any good?
No. There are very few Martial Arts maneuvers that are any good, so the only good martial arts are the ones with those actually-good techniques.
>>
>>50319651
I'm fairly new to the system, which techniques would those be?
>>
>>50319621
They're large enough to actually take party-splitting missions - where you need two or three squads operating separately from each other to complete an objective. You can have a team neutralizing a security center, a team hacking the data core, and a team outside on overwatch/evac all at once.
>>
>>50319662
The ones that do things other than provide a +1 - or the reduction of a penalty by -1 - to certain actions.

And even then, there are some - like Finishing Move - that have such a high opportunity cost that they're rarely worth using in actual play.
>>
File: Amazonia Attack.jpg (729KB, 1210x786px) Image search: [Google]
Amazonia Attack.jpg
729KB, 1210x786px
>>50319621
Jobs with multiple objectives.

>The PCs are hired to get some cutting edge VTOL control software, and deny that software to the corp that made it. There are two targets that need to be hit simultaneously, to prevent a lockdown from making access impossible- they need to break into the development complex and steal the server (they can't just copy the data and leave, they need to steal the actual physical server to prevent any attempt at recreating it), while simultaneously abducting the lead designer from an armoured convoy moving around the city.

Each run is several runs in and of itself. hope you have a backup DM or it will take forever

>>50319544
Sorry, don't know any collection outside of the adventures/books. I make them up on the fly: 12 dice in what they're great at, 8-10 in what they're good at, etc.
>>
File: Adept and Drone.jpg (279KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Adept and Drone.jpg
279KB, 1024x768px
>>50319662
Go to the mega, find "6000 Words On Martial Arts"
>>
main problem is that combat's really tedious with 20+ actors, including NPCs

>>50319634

they're fairly mage-heavy

>>50319663
>>50319691

done some party-splitting stuff with mixed results
>>
>>50316067
It's 5e compatible, so it's in the 5e bin. When it gets more content, it'll get its own folder. Until then? 5e bin.
>>
File: 39-1.jpg (90KB, 501x300px) Image search: [Google]
39-1.jpg
90KB, 501x300px
What happened to American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the other specks of land that the USA owned?

The Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico joined the Carribean League, and Guam is a freeport controlled by some crazy Texan admiral, but how about the rest of those islands? I imagine there would be a few powers interested in them, as naval/research bases or discreet areas for research if nothing else.
>>
>>50321206
Hawaii seceded after the Great Ghost Dance and the bloodline of King Kamehameha rules the islands again as king of a sovereign nation.
>>
>>50321336
They're also majorly metahuman. 35 percent of the population is made up of orks, 10 percent of the remaining population is made up of trolls. A lot of them are Japanese immigrants, but still.

Also, shamans hold a LOT of fucking power there.
>>
File: Dwarf Metavariants.png (579KB, 919x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Metavariants.png
579KB, 919x600px
>>50321336
>>50321369
Not to mention the menehune, the native fish-dwarves who watched too much Rocket Power.
>>
File: 1424589685564.jpg (122KB, 820x797px) Image search: [Google]
1424589685564.jpg
122KB, 820x797px
>>50319714
>mfw when my best option is to go full Revolver Ocelot.
>>
For codeslinger is Hack on the Fly better or Brute Force hacking
>>
>>50323346
Hack on the Fly for sure.
>>
>>50319714
The problem with that PDF is that it strongly encourages a rather lax attitude about combining Iaijatsu and half-swording. Works great by RAW sure, but a lot of GMs will slap it down.
>>
File: Iaijutsu.gif (7MB, 190x143px) Image search: [Google]
Iaijutsu.gif
7MB, 190x143px
>>50323852
That's not really something that can be dealt with, though. If something works RAW, it would be a mistake not to point out how good it is, even if in practise there's the chance it'll be rejected by a GM.
>>
File: forty kekarots.png (654KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
forty kekarots.png
654KB, 680x510px
>>50321336
>and the bloodline of King Kamehameha rules the islands again as king of a sovereign nation.
>King Kamehameha
Oh Dragonball, you and your whacky way of naming things after completely unrelated things.
>>
File: file.png (157KB, 404x462px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
157KB, 404x462px
>>50324514
Is it unrelated, or is there just a deeper meaning to it? FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON DRAGON BALL Z
>>50324222
Mostly I'm just speaking from the perspective of being a GM; I don't like having rules-lawyery arguments with people, especially those who are new to the game.
>>
File: 1438739756539.jpg (323KB, 1024x737px) Image search: [Google]
1438739756539.jpg
323KB, 1024x737px
>>50324650
As a GM, I love having rules-lawyery arguments with people, because at the end of the day I still have Rule 0. But it's fun to explore what the rules can allow you to do, and what the insane illiterate monkeys at CGL probably meant to write.
>>
>>50324650
Is that a fridge?
>>
>>50324742
No, its a Freezer
>>
>>50324650
>Akira Toriyama actually tried a number of poses when he was alone in order to decide the best pose for the Kamehameha. After much contemplation, he could not decide on a name for his "Kame" attack, so he asked his wife, who came up with the name. She told Akira that it would be easy to remember the name of the attack if he used the name of the cultural Hawaiian king named Kamehameha (lit. "the very lonely one" or "the one set apart" in Hawaiian language).
>>
>>50324742
>freezer
>freiza
>>
>>50323852
Iaijutsu isn't necessarily literally Iaijutsu - it's just a martial technique for rapidly drawing your weapon. That it's named after Iaijutsu is just due to how iconic that style is, not that it's the only thing that the technique can represent. Any GM who slaps it down because they think that the quick-drawing technique can literally only ever be Japanese-style Iaijutsu is either misinformed or stubborn in the manner traditional for sufferers of autism.
>>
Sup teegee. I'm quite new to shadowrun and I want to make a troll rigger. Not the most optimal of races for such a role but hey, fluff and roleplay reasons! What are the bare essentials a rigger needs? And by that I mean in terms of equipment, cyberware that sort of stuff, mainly looking for a mechanic/drone type of rigger, we already got a hacker in our group.
>>
>>50324820
Do you want the 'really good at directly controlling one single vehicle/drone' kind of rigger or the 'manages several drones to attack and spy remotely and semi-autonomously' kind of rigger?

Because there's two different types of rigger (RCC or Control Rig) which have very little actual overlap.
>>
>>50324747
>>50324778
... Fucking mangos & anumi.
>>
>>50324867
You are now realizing that every saiyan was named after a vegetable.
>>
>>50324851
Well we're playing 4e I might wanna add, but I do have access to the 3rd party books.

I think I want too focus on having one big drone, but I also want to help the group with having small scout drones because we're a bit lacking in that department.
>>
File: Saracen Glance.png (255KB, 602x388px) Image search: [Google]
Saracen Glance.png
255KB, 602x388px
>>50324911
>rigger
>4e
>>
File: file.png (308KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
308KB, 502x502px
>>50324867
>>
How fireproof can I get without much armor?
I want to be able to set myself on fire casually whenever I feel like. The sheer range of uses being on fire could have make me willing to spend a decent amount on it.
>>
File: lircdbe.jpg (41KB, 680x455px) Image search: [Google]
lircdbe.jpg
41KB, 680x455px
>>50325102
>>
>>50325151
A decent GM would ask how you expected to breathe with all of that fire using your oxygen.
>>
>>50325151
Protip: Ninjas don't need to catch you if you're on fire, because you're going to die soon.
It's relatively easy to resist being SET on fire, but once you're burning, the DV increase will eventually kill you.
>>
>>50325206
I may have to get some kind of air system.
Or just get used to breathing mildly asphyxiating gas.
>>
>>50325241
I know, but there are just so many situations where someone would take me more seriously if I was on fire.
>>
>>50325253
Get Elemental Aura adept power, choose [Fire]

Get shot to death for trying to intimidate people by being on fire.

Sucecss.
>>
>>50318305
>>50318497
Dont go decker in Hong Kong no matter what you do. One of your party members is a pretty decent decker that gets her upgrades for free. If you chose to go decker in Hong Kong you'll be more or less forced to spend all your nguyen on the same upgrades she unlocks troughout the game.

Dragonfall is another story completely. The optional party member that is the decker in that game is complete ass.
>>
>>50325327
trufax, Blitz was also a crappy person
>>
>>50325327
The only tolerable thing about is0bel is that she has a grenade launcher, right up until you start seeing enemies with the grenady catchy mitt thing.
>>
>>50325376
At least his personal mission was fucking great.
>>
>>50325391
yeah that was sweet
>>
>>50325206
This is the same general that turned p4m0, internal air tank, etc into "How long can you deepthroat?"

In SR, you can turn the question into when you need to breathe again, and that can be hours later.
>>
>>50324911
>4e
>rigger
I got some bad news, omae.
>>
>>50318305
>what's a good "class" for the next two games if I don't want to miss shit ?
It's almost always Decker / Face to not miss shit.
>>
>>50325724

Just getting into 4e - why are riggers so shit in that edition?
>>
>>50325795
Riggers were supposed to get the final supplement in 4e, but 4e ended before they could make it. So, while they don't have literally zero support, it's very much not enough. They're the least supported option in 4e - even less than technomancers.
>>
Is there a chummer for android?
>>
>>50325820
>tried to make an AI riggersam in 4e once
So fucking unviable
>>
File: 1471480771981.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1471480771981.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
So one of my players decided that they want to revive the Vory in the NY area, or failing that, starting a new small syndicate on their own.

Their plan of operations so far is to find the most defensible position in the local barrens, take it over and start recruiting gangs. Then work their way up from there.

I decided that the most defensible position is an old mall that was turned into its own mini arcology by the local powers-that-be.

What would be a good way to handle the PC taking that shit over and becoming a gang lord?
They are a combat monster and I really dont want to give them such a massive advantage just by "I kill everyone who resists".

Pic is the map I chose for that mall. Ignore the fluff stuff.
>>
File: 1474248181024.jpg (183KB, 736x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1474248181024.jpg
183KB, 736x1030px
>>50325975
No. tl;dr explanation is we don't store calculated values in the chummer sheets, so there's no way to read a character file without re-implementing all our logic. I've been approached by a couple of people interested in working on a sheet reader, but I've yet to see anything viable come from it.
>>
>>50326255
>revive the Vory
So they want to go to prison? Or do they not know how the Vory actually work, aside from being Slavs? They aren't some kind of territory-holding street gang.
>>
>>50326388
Our campaign is based on the syndicates in NY and the vory basically got wiped out in the prequel.
The PC is technically already a part of the vory, but that particular syndicate has next to no power in the area. Hence revive.
They are trying to recruit gangs as a basis to gain more power. Gotta start somewhere.
>>
Has the pdf for the amazonia book been uploaded or do I have to actually buy it
>>50325387
is0bel best girl, you take that back
>>50325795
Rigger 4 was literally a joke.
>>
>>50326127
With considerable work and the GM on your side, you can do fairly well with an AI riggersam - things like Feng Shui and Privacy Screen: Matrix on your home node drone, being allowed to apply hotsim bonus, judicious use of autosoft software suites and [profession] autosofts won't make you the best at anything, but they will allow you to be decent at everything without breaking program limits.
>>
>>50326442
Is he an actual Vor, or just affiliated with the Vory? Has he ever been to prison? Because the only way to become a Vor is in prison with another Vor.
>>
>>50326479
The Metropole book? I don't believe anyone's acquired it yet, no.

Is0bel is a cat murderer that can't deal with the fact that she grew up poor. Gobbet is best girl purely for dealing with her shit as long as she did.
>>
>>50299147
Maybe not in damage, but it could have some cool ability like spend a complex action to dial in on a metatype or awakened and get bonus dice on shooting them or something like that, turn everything it shoots into pickles, fuck I don't know.
>>
File: don't drop the soap.gif (4MB, 319x179px) Image search: [Google]
don't drop the soap.gif
4MB, 319x179px
>>50326513
>Because the only way to become a Vor is in prison with another Vor.
Why do I have this bad feeling that very few men willingly become a Vor?
>>
>>50326577
Not many people willingly join prison gangs
>>
>>50326544
>gobbet best girl
Thats not Koschei
>>
>>50326577
Not really, it's a position of status like being a Mafia made man. To be eligible, you have to demonstrate considerable leadership skills, personal ability, intellect, charisma, along with a well-documented criminal record.

You might work FOR a vory in prison, but you'd have to distinguish yourself in order to be considered.
>>
Are any of the Decker Qualities worth it in Data Trails?

>>50326479
Best girl for botching her own job, you mean
>>
>>50326544
>grew up poor
She grew up in a place so shitty it summoned a Horror by sheer vitrue of its shittyness. Like, that'd be expected to fuck people up
>>
>>50326544
I don't know how the fuck the writers thought that she was relatable after revealing that she killed a dude's cat because he pissed her off.
>>
>>50326778
Simple: she didn't kill a more likable, relatable pet animal such as a dog, hamster, parrot, lizard, snake, tarantula.....
>>
>>50326778
She didn't? I think? Tho I will admit she said re looking for the true killer exactly what I'd say if I had murdered some dude's cat.
>>50326803
Reported, hidden, cops called, etc.
>>
File: 1468454518825.jpg (614KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468454518825.jpg
614KB, 857x1200px
>>50326513
They took the amnesia negative quality, so they THINK they are a Vor.
Also we're going with the description in VICE that states that a lot of the old way were replaced with more convenient and pragmatic rules. Especially in the new world.

Also again, if reviving the vory fails, they'll just try to build up a new, independent syndicate.
>>
>>50326829
I'm pretty sure she did. She apologized for it and I don't think she mentioned finding out who really killed the cat.

Totally killed any desire to hammer that pussy.
>>
>>50326851
She does, but then nothing comes of it. Which is weird. Like, you'd think at least after the mission you'd be able to ask "did you really murder that dude's cat tho?"
>>
>>50326562
>race-seeking bullets

Someone got tired of seeing the mages have all the Slay [Orc] fun
>>
>>50326650
>well-documented criminal record.
True today, left behind in SR. The rest of it applies to positions of leadership. IIRC, so long as you're Russian and willing to do whatever you're told, the Vory have a place for you.
>>
Is there any convenient way to get around the fact that readying a Highland Forge Claymore is a complex action? The only way I've found is Iaijutsu, and as far as I can tell martial arts aren't really worth investing in just to get Iaijutsu.
>>
File: MGR_Art_06_02.jpg (54KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
MGR_Art_06_02.jpg
54KB, 640x427px
>>50327198
talk to your GM about making some sort of quick draw holster?
>>
Care to help a humble chummer out? I've been looking everywhere for "Shadowrun: Matrix" FAS7909 for third edition and I can't find a download link anywhere.

I used to have the goddamn PDF but I lost it and now can't find a link anywhere. If anyone were as kind as to hand me a link I'd be grateful forever.
>>
>>50327393
Wtf am I looking at chummer?
>>
>>50327393

Unless you home brew like fuck to make that work, all the existing quick draw holsters just make the Quick Draw action easier, which unfortunately only works with guns. Why they didn't make it apply to melee weapons too I'll never know...
>>
>>50327198
>>50327393
> The classic leather scabbard can’t be drawn off the back of anyone smaller than a troll. The blade is just too long to clear the scabbard. Get a quickdraw sheath if you aren’t a troll.
> Hard Exit

It's like they thought of that already.
>>
>>50327393

That would be the scabbard for Jetstream Sam's katana. To put it bluntly, it's basically a gun that shoots swords.
>>
>>50327198
The problem is that the Highland Forge explicitly has that requirement for readying it. You'd need GM fiat to get around it.
>>50327488
Pastebin.
>>50327156
Bleahhhh. Right, I forgot about that. I really wish they'd gone with a consultant criminal sort of thing instead, like the Vory 'legitimise' themselves by training other gangs how to be better at being gangs.
>>50327393
>I need to be able to draw my sword faster
>I'LL MAKE THE SCABBARD SHOOT IT OUT LIKE A ROCKET
>>
>>50327619
>the Highland Forge explicitly has that requirement for readying it

Yeah that's the annoying thing, hence why I'm trying to find a way around it. Given what our GM is throwing at us, having a better version of a combat axe would be a nice step up.

>You'd need GM fiat to get around it.

Yeah I don't like the idea of relying on GM fiat. Partly because he can smell bullshit a mile off, and partly because he's a bit all over the place: at one point he (via a spirit an anti-augmentation group summoned) gave our group's mage an extra point of Magic over and above all normal limits (i.e. Magic 7), but in exchange the mage can't use technology at all; at another our group was screwed out of a payment for a job because the job was technically impossible (the girl we had been asked to rescue was dead before we even got the job); currently he is putting our group through the wringer by chucking THE Renraku Arcology Incident at us. Suffice to say, I have become paranoid that damn near everything we do will bite us in the arse, so gambling on GM fiat feels a bit like Russian Roulette...
>>
>>50297121

Why are dwarves the shittest race?
>>
>>50327848
Because even the Best Race becomes the Worst Race when everyone forgets it even exists because it gets fucking nothing in the way of screen time or word count.
>>
>>50327848
Who wants to play as short, little, haggard-faced shits when you can be tall and mighty and not have to stand on a pedestal to reach the freezer?
>>
>>50328031

That just reminded me that Dwarves make terrible riggers and faces.

So why are so many of the images of/ and npc dwarves riggers and faces? What the fuck, Catalyst?
>>
File: 1479200127973.jpg (121KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1479200127973.jpg
121KB, 500x666px
>>50327848
>>50328004
>>50328031
>>50328260
I'm sorta new to shadowrun, what's the appeal of dwarves at all? what do they get as opposed to any other race?
>>
>>50328260
No idea about the face thing, but the rigger stereotype comes from the "dorf are gud with tech" thing. And riggers are the most hardware based archetype
>>
File: tumblr_o63akrqA3y1sw1lcoo10_250.png (137KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o63akrqA3y1sw1lcoo10_250.png
137KB, 212x278px
>>50328320
More strength, more body, disease resistance, infra red vision and less racism than the other metatypes.
>>
File: nV0Idb5.jpg (51KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
nV0Idb5.jpg
51KB, 460x600px
>>50328336
oh and more willpower
>>
>>50327848
To me, their so easy to appeal to when applied to other fantasy settings. Brave stout dwarves digging into the mountain home and slaughtering enemies in their combat trances. In shadowrun, they're just little walking boulders that people don't have much of a reason to be racist towards. I hate it so much.
>>
>>50328260
>That just reminded me that Dwarves make terrible riggers and faces.
What? They make perfectly serviceable Faces. They have the same Charisma and Intuition as a human, but with better Willpower. They're not optimal faces, like an elf is, but they do fine at it.

They're literally the worst Riggers, though, that's for damn sure. But, weirdly, the best Deckers - Deckers don't need Reaction, and really benefit from the Willpower and all of those extra both Stun and Physical boxes.
>>
>>50328336
>More strength, more body, disease resistance
In system where Agility is godstat because Initiative and diseases don't matter 99% of the times, unless we're talking HMHVV which can't be resisted anyway.
Willpower is handy though.
>>
>>50328320
Dwarves have a Strength and Body comparable to an ork, but with none of the mental/social penalties and extra Willpower to boot. That's the mechanical advantage.

The social advantage is that dwarves have integrated with human society as well as elves - unlike orks and trolls - but draw less attention than elves, because they're short and normal-looking rather than tall and sexy.

The roleplaying advantage is that they get to play with the themes of being the wrong size for the world/society (like a troll, but in reverse), the themes of being stupid-strong in a world designed for weakass humans (like a troll/ork), and the themes of being allowed to join normal human society, but not having it actually accommodate you in any way, forcing you to find your own way.

They're neat. But they're chronically underrepresented in official material because writers usually opt for one of the others when trying to fill niches instead.
>>
>>50328521
>Agility is godstat because Initiative and diseases don't matter 99% of the time
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Initiative and the stats that feed into them are the god stat because it affects - in a huge way - how many actions you get to take per round. That's why it's such a big problem that Dwarves have poor Reaction.

And disease resistance may not matter, but resisting corporate chemicals sure does.
>>
>>50305256
>that female troll
IM HAVING SOME TROUBLE
>>
File: 1458945523686.jpg (132KB, 1000x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1458945523686.jpg
132KB, 1000x1378px
>>50328584
>IM HAVING SOME TROUBLE
Let's make it double?
>>
File: giants_by_eoghankerrigan-d7vf0tv.jpg (310KB, 1280x945px) Image search: [Google]
giants_by_eoghankerrigan-d7vf0tv.jpg
310KB, 1280x945px
Anyone ever played a giant? I'm thinking of playing a giant adept in an upcoming game, but I feel like it might be a terrible idea.
>>
File: 1474599428125.jpg (150KB, 504x426px) Image search: [Google]
1474599428125.jpg
150KB, 504x426px
>>50328584
>>50328620
>>
>>50328634
One of my players is playing a chinese giant. We fluffed it as there being a strain of chinese giants that are the origin of all the "huge divine warrior" myths they have there.

It's been... challenging. He doesn't just have the whole anti-troll racism going on, but also good old ethnic racism AND other (regular) trolls see him as a human poser race traitor.
>>
>>50328634
It's definitely a terrible idea. What you should play instead is a human daughter from a giant commune. Daughters of giants end up human, instead of giants, at a 25% rate - which is huge, compared to most metatypes. So, it's real easy to play a normal-looking human girl whose father, brothers, and so on all turn out to be giants, when she takes someone home to meet the family.
>>
File: giant_by_eoghankerrigan-daaprjf.jpg (156KB, 800x1055px) Image search: [Google]
giant_by_eoghankerrigan-daaprjf.jpg
156KB, 800x1055px
>>50328657
Fair enough, I was planning on him being relatively inhuman looking though. Horns or tusks or maybe both. More like a Bauer-esque jotunn than just a big person.

>>50328667
That is a really good idea. You'd think they'd be huldra or something, but I guess it makes sense. Would be even more interesting if it was a recessive gene in women, but re-expressed in their children. So a normal sized woman would have sons who all grew up to be full sized giants.
>>
>>50328701
>Would be even more interesting if it was a recessive gene in women, but re-expressed in their children. So a normal sized woman would have sons who all grew up to be full sized giants.
It almost certainly works that way - there just haven't been enough generations since Goblinization yet for that to be obvious.
>>
>>50328634
I had one in my last game; it was a fucking hassle to deal with, since a fair chunk of the runs took place in the Ork Underground for a while.
>>
File: jb_princess.jpg (127KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
jb_princess.jpg
127KB, 500x464px
>>50328716
Yeah, I suppose that would have to be the implication given the background of the giant metatype.
>>
>>50328701
>>50328730
Also, the size difference between a human and their giant parents (siblings, suitors, whatever) can end up... pronounced:
http://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html?base_ft=11&base_in=&comp_ft=5&comp_in=6
>>
>>50328744
And isn't eleven foot their average, skewing an extra foot in either direction?
>>
File: Overwatch_2016-11-21_00-24-14.png (74KB, 184x248px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch_2016-11-21_00-24-14.png
74KB, 184x248px
Has anyone ever actually had a dwarf PC in their group? I usually see an elf or two, a troll, some orks, the rare snowflake fox girl shifter, hell right now I'm running for a group of 4 humans. But I've literally never had a dwarf in any of my groups.

Now that I think about it, I can't remember the last time I had a dwarf NPC either.
>>
>>50328755
Their average is closer to 10 feet, but they can go up to something like 12. 2.5m (~8'3") is the lowest end, 3.0m (~9'11") is Giant average, and 3.65m (~12'0") is the tallest giant on record.

So 11' is taller than average, but within the Giant normal range. 10' is much closer to average - though, keep in mind, that average is for giants as a whole, not specifying how much it varies between men and women. So 11' for a Giant man probably isn't anything particularly noteworthy.
>>
>>50328789
Ah, I thought 3.5m was average. Still, that's fucking huge.

>>50328777
The first, and last, game I played had a female dwarf mage.
>>
File: tumblr_nrh8wf0P5J1sdb0jzo7_250.png (83KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrh8wf0P5J1sdb0jzo7_250.png
83KB, 212x278px
>>50328777
We had a dwarf in the last campaign we ran. And yes, he was the rigger...
>>
>>50328777
Yeah, he was this douchey adept fucker. So happy he lost his job and had to leave.
>>
File: HTR Troop.jpg (126KB, 615x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HTR Troop.jpg
126KB, 615x1024px
So, just a quick check, if I get recoil compensation up to 10 that means no recoil from full auto ever, right?
Or is it cumulative so that the first time you shoot they cancel each other out but the second time you shoot you get -10?
>>
>>50328777
>Nice trips
One of my players almost played a gnome, if that counts
He played a Dryad instead, thank fuck.

I also vaguely remember a dwarf in the first game I played, as one of the few Johnsons we actually talked to instead of just being given a text blurb with the info on the run and then being railroaded through it by the GM
I'm not kidding when I say railroaded; one of our runs was stopping another team of runners from delivering a package somewhere; I, being the Mage, decided to climb up to a roof near the point on their route where we'd decided to attack them, and go astral then fly up into the air a ways so I could check their car from a distance(several miles, when I asked the GM how far away they were). The moment I tried to assense their car, the GM told me I was being hit by a mana spell from a mage in the car, and they somehow drove way past us to a freeway overpass, where combat happened(and I got railroad magic'd back into the group's van, because he pushed past the fact that I was on the roof so fast that he just threw my token down on the van when combat started.
>>
>>50328777
>Has anyone ever actually had a dwarf PC in their group?
Yeah. Usually about every other character, on average. To date, I've played:
>A dwarven drug-samurai street doc/chemist
>A dwarf with four cyberlimbs taking advantage of their high base strength
>A dwarvish decker with a gratuitous amount of dice thanks to adept powers
>A dorf survivor of Chicago's Zone who still wakes up screaming in the middle of the night, wildly swinging around his assault cannon (with underbarrel monofilament chainsaw) which he has to have within arm's reach of the bed in order to sleep comfortably at night

In order, they were an erudite nerd often giving himself checkups and proving extremely pragmatic when necessary despite being the group's conscience otherwise, a depressed young woman getting into increasingly extreme sports in her downtime because her extreme prostheses have left her feeling detached from her own life, and novahot psychopath who really was as good as he said he was with a sick sense of humor, and a scarred-as-fuck dead-eyed badass trying to put on his nice suit and live a respectable life despite being the guy who could slaughter an entire building in minutes if shit hit the fan.

In order, they had a shortly-cropped beard and a clean-cut haircut, a bare face but a head of thick hair, a shaggy beard and a shaggier mohawk (though he once shaved his beard and styled his hair into a ridiculously oversized Japanese-style pompadour in order to play a part in a group con), and grizzled stubble on face and head, shaved once a week with whatever he has on hand at the time, though it's so thick that it ends up as a heavy five-o-clock shadow by the end of the first day every time.

If I wanted, I could have easily played each of them as a human, a troll, an elf, and an ork - respectively again - without damaging their themes/motifs any, but I preferred each of them as dwarves instead.
>>
>>50328863
Recoil will accumulate with each shot fired, until you take a turn where you don't fire at all. With an RC of 10, shooting at full auto will bring it down to zero. Any attack after that will suffer a penalty unless you don't fire your gun for a turn.
>>
>>50328884
>one of the few Johnsons we actually talked to instead of just being given a text blurb with the info on the run
Shit, talking to and snooping on Mr. Johnson is half the game for my group. The only time the group gets the "text blurb get to the killing" bit is when it's some randomly generated filler run I'm pulling out of my ass an hour before the session. Then they get a call from their fixer saying Johnny hasn't been properly vetted yet, but the job is still on the table if they want to give it a shot.
>>
>>50328977
I started running a game of my own a month ago. So far they've met both of the Johnsons they've worked for, and I've given them each some quirks
>First guy: Works for Mitsuhama, never used contractions, was very proper and direct in his speech, gave them a rough schedule for when they could expect the best results for what the suggested plan was.
>Second guy: Member of the Vory, offered them 2 jobs, had a trunk with some shit to hand them for each job, avoided directly stating what was going on(referred to the people who asked him to hire runners as his cousins, avoided mentioning that the mage they ended up hunting was an insect shaman, gave them a can of insecticide and just said the area they were going into had a roach problem), talked very briefly and kept a shotgun in hand at all times.

>Third, an elf woman they haven't met yet: Will be firing an Ares Predator V at a target in a shooting range when they first meet her, talk up the gun for a bit before getting down to business, try to give them any information they want or need in order to get the job done, generally be a much friendlier Johnson than the other 2 have been

They haven't tried to snoop on either of them yet, though. The first guy they met in a diner and later returned to that diner for the hand-off. The second guy they knew going in that he was Vory, and they just took what he said at face value, then bitched when they called him back after the job was done about how he didn't mention the insect shaman(and then raised no questions about having them drop the shaman off in a parking garage elevator, alone, and then picking up a credstick with their payment on it a couple of floors down, where anybody could have grabbed it technically.)

desu im considering having their fourth Johnson try to screw them over, just so they actually start to be cautious about shit
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 480x840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 480x840px
What's going on in Iceland?
>>
File: Capture.png (24KB, 944x120px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24KB, 944x120px
>>50299551
4e has both modern and antiquated tank guns, modern ones can be found in Arsenal (pg 124) and older ones can be found in Euro War Antiquities (pg 92, pic related).
>>
>>50328777

I keep trying to make a Drone Rigger/ Face Dwarf but it's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.
>>
>>50329592

Probably a lot of Giants and Terrorism.
>>
>>50313981
>Changelings (aka broken metagenetics) can do half-breeds. Sex does not.

Technically Changelings come from sex just the same as everyone else. Or did you think they arrived in a shower of dual-chromatic sparkly snowflakes, a fully formed whine teenager?
>>
>>50315412
Its in the pastebin
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>>50326260
>>50325975

write an email to Jan Helke, [email protected], he was the developer for Mobile Runner, a mobile App that was able to read .chum files from Chummer4.

He should be able to give you some pointers.
>>
File: npc_dwarffemale_is0bel.png (168KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
npc_dwarffemale_is0bel.png
168KB, 212x278px
>>50326778
The thing I like about her is that she isn't 100% like-able. Pretty much all the new SR game characters are like that too. The reason why I enjoy that is because it makes them feel a lot more real. I mean how many people do you know in real life that have nothing you dont like about them? Sure I like Eiger, but I also get tired of having to be a hardass around her all the time to get respect.
>>
>>50326637
You mean Eiger

TFW no Eiger/Gobbet tuskerporn
>>
>>50326479
Is0bel is a bad decker and a worthless person. Not that Blitz was any better...

Seriously, there's a reason people tell you to play a Decker specializing in assault rifles in these games.
>>
>>50329998
>bad decker

You can hack everything you need to with her, why waste points?
>>
>>50330029
Because then you can do everything she does except better, and get someone useful on your team.
>>
>>50330051
>better

Why bother if she is sufficient for everything?
Make hacking easier? Its already piss easy.
I'd rather have fun and build a designated murderman PC without having to waste points in other shit.
>>
>>50330064
In that case you better avoid her entirely and just drag her along when you can't avoid her. If you want maximum subtlety:
-Troll Sam aug'ed up to the gills using Spurs (forget the monowhip, you'll get enough strength to do more damage with spurs as a troll.)
- Duncan (spec'ed for close combat)
- Gaichu
- Racter (again, with Koshei spec'ed for CC.)

You might, just might need to take cover in one of the side rooms during the raid on the commissariat
>>
>>50329592
Well for some reasons (lazy, ignorant developers, one assumes) it's part of of TPA, and since its the only part of the TPA to have real infrastructure, there are a bunch of rich and well to do American Indians living there now, alongside a once greatly dispersed but now mostly returned Nordic population. There is political tension over ending the protectorate and join the TPA proper, or leaving the TPA and joining the Scandinavian Union.

further reading on the subject hear
http://forums.dumpshock.com/lofiversion/index.php/t5389.html
>>
>>50329936
No need to be a faggot about it.

Changelings come from improperly activated metagenetics.

Any percentage of metahumanity could hold inactive damaged metagenetics, but they're not changelings until those genes are activated - passing through a mana spike, stepping into the Ganges at the wrong time, etc.
>>
>>50329998

>playing Harebrained SR Games
>choosing not to take advantage of the hugely overpowered drone combat
>>
File: 1223979133628.jpg (36KB, 300x349px) Image search: [Google]
1223979133628.jpg
36KB, 300x349px
Hey /srg/ couple of somewhat shitty questions for ya.
How do you feel about murderhobo runners? like, do you attempt to punish them, is it par for the course in SR more than in other systems, what are your own standards for if a character is a murderhobo or not?

How do you guys feel about a new player trying to play a fairly experienced runner, particularly in a group that has a bunch of experienced people with multiple editions under their belt? it's for multiple reasons, like encouraging oneself to think things through more, ask the group questions on what's smartest, have a "background" they can flesh out as the campaign goes on, and other stuff.

What's the worst type/example of character somebody can make? I can't really think of how to better ask that.
Like, how easy is it to go full retard in character creation, and end up making something like trout from the twodee storytime?

And the biggest question:
How is Anarchy, would you reccomend it to a group of retards who's (mainly) only experience with tabletop is D&D 3.Xfinder/5e , the occasional indie shit I pull off pdf threads for a lark, and basically reading the core books of far too many systems we don't actually play.
I've got the only SR "experience" in the group, and it was like 3 months that had to end since I was getting real sick of the GMs shit.
>>
File: 50287_p_1_mj[2].jpg (86KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
50287_p_1_mj[2].jpg
86KB, 500x490px
What's the fastest way to get a minigun in 5E ?
>>
File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859KB, 1024x768px
>>50330570
Restricted Gear Quality at Chargen or some ridiculous high level Contact and a very high Quality Face.

Don't bother though, the Minigun sucks if you don't use the optional Krautrules with it.
>>
>>50330453
I started playing Shadowrun when I enrolled in college. It wasn't my first experience I had with roleplaying but the frist time I started actively and regularly play.
From the start, it was more about the characters and their backstories then any overarcing plot. The runs usually ended up in huge clusterfucks that, at the end of the day, were just another shit day on this shit job.
I have to admit, our GM wasn't the greatest. He had this nack for super epic bullshit. We basically had a run in with a dragon on our second session and fought one a few months later. Despite this, the adventures were always manageable and fun.
Well... at some point, more people wanted into the group. At some point, there wasn't enough room for people so a secound group formed. It was fine. We both played in the same continuity so we sometimes had runins with the charactersfrom the other group and that was fine. At some point, our Gm had to drop out of college and couldn't run our group anymore. The other dm took other both groups and since some in our group quit and we played in the same continuity, players from the other group would come to our group and play there too.
Suddenly, it wasn't ablout characters and roleplay. it was about running and gunning and not giving a shit. Every character was min/maxed like hell and their backstory all was basically "I was in the military and now I run for fun". It basically was being a murderhobo for murderhobo's sake. The pay was (which was ridiculously high btw) used to buy more shit to become more awsome murderhobos.
I quit after a while because a) my character wasn't min/maxed to shit and b) because it just wasn't fun anymore.
They played for like a year and then moved on to another game.
I'm sad now. I will drink a hot soycaf and cry
>>
>>50330385
It's not the most powerful in combat, it's the most universal character. Elf Decker with just enough Charisma to go by (because the game forces your charcater to be the face) and aug's boosting your combat skills; you barely miss any side info/activity while doing more than just hold your own in combat.
>>
File: 0721B1-e1469128564852[1].jpg (91KB, 700x425px) Image search: [Google]
0721B1-e1469128564852[1].jpg
91KB, 700x425px
>>50330610
>optional Krautrules
The what ? What book is that from ?
>>
>>50330880
The German printing has an optional rule to increase the bullets fired by something like the vindicator. You get an increased bullet usage, but it also reduces the enemy's dodge pool. I think it goes to 1/4/8/12 ammo used and -1/-3/-7-11 reduced dodge based on your fire mode.
>>
>>50330880
see:
>>50330992
With those rules, the Vindicator can only fire full auto though.

What yekka forgot (and the real nice part) is that the Krautrules for the Vindicator also modify its suppressive Fire Mode.
The Gun uses 30 instead of 20 bullets and you get 1.5 the normal Damage for everybody caught within the field of supression.
>>
>>50331340
Isn't it just the 4e rules brought to 5e?
>>
>>50330992
>>50331340
Which book is the minigun in anyway ? I remember reading the stats a few days ago when checking the books but I can't find it anymore.

By the way did they ever stat a microgun ?
>>
What's the best pistol?
>>
>>50331525
Run & Gun.

And no, I don't think they ever statted a microdun.
>>
>>50331525
In 5e I think the Vindicator Minigun is in Run and Gun, in 4e it was in Arsenal. It's been around since 1e.
>>
File: Dwarf Rigger.jpg (75KB, 438x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Rigger.jpg
75KB, 438x1128px
>>50328484
>>50328260
How are they bad riggers? One point off REA isn't that big a deal, especially if you're not playing a wheelman (and it's not like riggers are going to be opposed to getting filled with 'ware to combat that).

To combat that, extra BOD and WIL means your brain gets less fried in hotsim.
>>
File: Drinking.gif (2MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking.gif
2MB, 240x135px
>>50328777
>right now I'm running for a group of 4 humans

Words cannot express how disappointed I am in your group.
>>
>>50332171

I dunno, if they're playing a Humanis group that could be interesting.

I mean they won't, and they suck because of that, but still
>>
>>50328777
Nope.
I'm relatively new and I forget dwarves even exist fairly often.
It doesn't help that my first gm was complete trash and basically never remembered metatypes existed, even for the PCs.
"oh wait, you're a troll/elf?" happened way too often for my liking.
>>
>>50332146
>To combat that, extra BOD and WIL means your brain gets less fried in hotsim.
The only damage a Rigger takes in Hotsim - unlike a Decker - is 50% of whatever health damage his drone's take. Which means if your drone takes 5 damage, you only have to resist 2 damage.

Willpower 5 and your RCC's firewall rating alone should protect you completely from literally any biofeedback short of your car getting blown up in one shot - and you have bigger things to worry about in that situation.

So, you're left with Reaction (piloting) and Logic (remote gunnery) being the two big attributes for a Rigger. Dwarves take a penalty to Reaction (the more important of the two attributes for the role) so they're the worst metatype for Riggers.

Are they catastrophically bad at it? No. It's only -1 maximum Reaction - that's a minor penalty, easily offset by a Specialty or two.

But are they the worst metatype out of the five for it?

Absolutely.

The archetypical 'dwarven rigger' is like having orks be the archetypical Face - it doesn't in any way fit their attribute bonuses and penalties.
>>
>>50332146
Saying that dwarves make good riggers because they have good Willpower is like saying trolls make good gun bunnies because they have good Strength - sure, Willpower helps with biofeedback and Strength helps with recoil, but realistically speaking the Reaction/Agility that they're losing is going to be a bigger problem than the Willpower/Strength provide as bonuses.
>>
>>50310085
>Infiltrator would drink heavily and then try to dance with a handsome elf.
>Demo guy would get into a drinking contest with the infiltrator.
>The twins would get into an escalating prank war to embarrass the other in increasingly public ways. This will end in a fist fight in the kitchen while they're shouting "MOM LOVES ME THE MOST!"
>Throwing Adept would try to sell everyone candy bars to raise money for the high school football team he coaches.

Everyone is also a Troll.
>>
Sioux wildcats are no fucking joke, holy shit.
Especially when there's six of them kitted out with AT launchers and they catch you napping.
>>
>>50333493
The Sioux, out of all the NANs, really have their shit together.
>>
What would the best pistol in sr5 be?
Part of me kinda wants to grab a slivergun with extended mag 2 and go burstfire all day every day, but I'm not a big fan of the whole sucking against armor thing.
>>
>>50334715
be?
Best heavy pistols are Savalette Guardian and the Warhawk, best light pistol is the Executive Action.
>>
>>50329994
just imagine them with golden chains connecting their tusks together
>>
>>50332171
It's weirdly out of character for most of the group too, since two of the players are career ork/troll guys and the third makes living meme snowflakes all the time. And this is the first time I've ever seen a group that isn't at least 50% nonhuman.

>>50332194
One of them did suggest putting the orks in camps, but nothing concrete
>>
File: megacorp party.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
megacorp party.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>50335511
triple dubs for putting the orks in camps ey omae
>>
>>50334909
Chummer you forgot the Browning Ultra-Power™
>>
>>50335668
It's literally just the guardian but with a smaller magazine, no free smartgun, and no burst fire capability.
>>
>>50335714
No it's the guardian without the superfluous gadgets, inaccurate burst fire, inferior reliability. Magazine difference is negligible since you guardian gooks magdump everything with your burst fire anyway (not hitting anything but plaster) whereas UP users understand how to actually put down targets with a single round.
>>
>>50335783
Warhawk is way better to put targets down with a single round.

Revolver master race!
>>
>>50335816
Don't you have some Big Boss pictures to fap to, Ocelot?
>>
>>50335840
Way ahead of you.
>>
>>50334658
Yeah, we kind of committed a pretty severe act of terrorism in Cheyenne.
So we got attacked by a spec ops squad who had our fucking number, they attacked at night while we were hiding in an abandoned gas station, put spike strips out in front of the garage, had a guy on the roof dump nerve gas into the vent system, used overlapping suppressing fire, and were getting ready to fire AT rockets into the small section they had corralled us into.
Thankfully we got saved by a contact of ours pulling off a gunrun in a gunship at the last minute and blowing a good amount of the enemy team away..
>>
>>50335783
Well, since we're talking accuracy
>browning: accuracy 6
>guardian: accuracy 7
guardian wins again.
>>
>>50335783
Actually, burst fire makes you LESS likely to miss, not more, and
>smartgun system
>superfluous
>>
>>50336712
>>50336236
>average guardian gook needs to rely on volume of fire and a literal aimbot in order to hit anything
I rest my case.
>>
>>50335783
>inaccurate burst fire
Right, it's so much better to take a complex for semi-auto burst.
>>
>>50337199
>Browning Ultra-Power™ users:
>Accurate shots who have discipline, train daily to master their weapon and study small unit tactics and combat extensively to understand and make optimal use of burst fire when needed
>guardian gooks
>jazzed up gangers who bought "da big gat" at the local gun store, spray and pray while allowing their gun mounted computer do all the work while screaming PLEASE HACK ME
>>
>>50337298
What is having decker. What is Take Aim. What is having wireless off. What is having more options.
>>
>>50338766
Anon are you actually arguing with the Browning Ultra-Power poster?
stop
>>
Any wishes for the next thread?
>>
>>50338867
More Giants.
>>
>>50338867
the moment your plan for the run went to hell
>>
Question. How fucked is a non toxic mage summoning toxic spirits? I am hatching a dumb plan that revolves around impersonating a toxic mage.
>>
>>50338977
Very fucked.
Consider a plan where you convince a free spirit who can alter themselves to look like a toxic spirit.
>>
>>50338977
Generally you need to be in a Toxic domain in order to summon a toxic spirit.
>>
>>50338867
Wasteland edition. Let's hear about the Thundarr-esque post-apocalyptic setting that Shadowrun is once you get past city limits, and discuss individual runs and entire campaigns which take place outside of normal civilization.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>50340196
>>50340196
>>
>>50335668
>>50335783
Colt Manhunter says hi, and also that you're a bitch who uses a hackable pistol with shit ammo capacity.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.