[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 81

File: 1458051096732.jpg (381KB, 1280x621px) Image search: [Google]
1458051096732.jpg
381KB, 1280x621px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50297121
>Where to hide out if the run goes bad.trid
>What to do when you are trapped in a ZeroZone(tm).btl
>Getaway drivers: Why keeping one around can save your life.thread
>DocWagon subscription flyer.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1 (25% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'FUCK TAKA WITH A RAKE'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running "Happy Place".BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

SHTF edition
>>
>>50340196
those faces are perfect
>>
>>50340427
http://desuarchive.org/tg/thread/46002703/#46031104
>>
>>50340196
Is there a reason not to take a mentor spirit as an adept?
>>
>>50340847
You don't want some ethereal douchebag telling you what to do?
>>
>>50330453
anyone willing to answer more of the questions?
>>
>>50340847
It's essentially giving control of your life over to an unbanishable spirit that will use every means at their disposal to get you to follow their path.

Cool if you never ever want to stray from that path.

Otherwise?

>It can be seen and heard by those it chooses, and even physically interact with its followers.

>Your mentor spirit can have significant influence over you, giving you benefts when you remain true or punishing you if you go astray (usually with temporary reductions to your Magic rating).
>>
File: Don't Be That Guy.jpg (409KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Don't Be That Guy.jpg
409KB, 1280x1024px
>>50340949
Murderhobo, lit., a hobo who murders. A character with no purpose or place in the world but killing, adventuring, completing jobs, etc. Shitty in SR, shitty in every game.

If you want to play the guy who knows what's going on, either know what's going on or have a GM/group willing to spoonfeed you OoC.

Worst character is one that doesn't work with the group. There's lots of other things that are shitty, but trying to be lone wolf is the most obvious in SR, where you get yourself and everyone else killed really fast. You can easily make mechanical mistakes in chargen that make you shit at your job. Read the advice in the pastebin, and take your sheet to the thread/your GM when you think you're done to be worked over.

Anarchy is pretty shitty, IMO. Lousy attempt hacking a system that isn't meant for SR. Anarchy isn't anywhere near rules-medium, let alone rules-light, and is still missing rules. 2/10, if you're going to play an overcomplicated mess for SR you might as well go whole hog with the real thing.
>>
>>50340847
It costs karma and comes with a flaw.

But no, on the whole basically every Awakened should get one. Adepts in particular really benefit from them.
>>
File: YT_&_Hiro_Snow_Crash.jpg (480KB, 1108x530px) Image search: [Google]
YT_&_Hiro_Snow_Crash.jpg
480KB, 1108x530px
>>50340949
If you're running a game that encourages a body count and not much plot, being a murderhobo probably isn't a bad thing. If you're going the "we're professionals" or are heavily narrative it probably won't be successful
>>
>>50341192
You put stuff into perspective a bit.
thanks, chummer.
>>
>>50341547
That picture's kinda shit. Hiro is half black.
>>
>>50341637
I agree, but i don't have any other snowcrash art
>>
>>50341667
Here you go, omae.
>>
So, the talk of giants last thread got me thinking about geographical relations to metatypes. I get stuff like oni being specific to Japan, but big humans seems like a pretty universal thing. From Goliath to Paul Bunyan, you'd think giants could potentially crop up anywhere in the world as isolates. What are your guys thoughts?
>>
>>50341814
Whatever the regional type of giant a place has is usually what their ethnic metavariant is. Like cyclops in Greece and shit. It's just the Nordic metavariant that's specifically called Giants is all.
>>
>>50341814
I could see adding different metagenic qualities fluffed as different kinds of giants.
>>
>>50341667
>>
>>50342286
>I could see adding different metagenic qualities fluffed as different kinds of giants.
You're putting the cart before the horse. 'Giant' is the variant, not the base. They're troll metavariants.
>>
>>50342465
But trolls are arguably more specific than giants. Very large people, maybe with some weird stuff going on, are a lot more common than medium large people with horns and tusks.
>>
File: Troll Horn Tips.jpg (145KB, 754x975px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Horn Tips.jpg
145KB, 754x975px
>>50342479
Except they're not. Trolls as a species are far more common than any of their metavariants. There are many large folk in mythology, but in the Sixth World by far the most common and globally distributed are trolls.
>>
>>50342479
In what context, exactly?
>>
>>50342608
I'm not saying giants should be more common than trolls, just that it doesn't really make sense for them to be native to Scandinavia exclusively. One would expect them to crop up, at least in very small numbers,all over the world.

>>50342623
In mythology and folklore, which I admit Shadowrun doesn't follow that strictly.
>>
File: Troll Problems.png (51KB, 600x153px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Problems.png
51KB, 600x153px
>>50342677
Maybe I'm just not super versed in world mythology, but I don't know that many races of giants.

Jotun from Scandinavia, Formorians from Celtic myth, Cyclopes from Greece, sasquatches/yeti in Aboriginal/Nepalese stories, all are in SR. I can't think of another mythological structure that has an entire race of giants, not just individuals (except for nephilim, but they're divine beings that don't really fit in SR without some serious working).
>>
>>50342731
That's more what I mean. Every mythology the world over has extreme people who are randomly huge.
>>
>>50342731
Acording to Jainist mythology, humans all used to be giants that were six miles tall on average.
>>50342791
Sure, but those are all folded in under metavariants of trolls. Keep in mind that metavariants don't actually distinguish speciation or anything like that, it's more on par with the labelling of draught-horses or something.
>>
File: Troll It Was The 70's.png (327KB, 298x491px) Image search: [Google]
Troll It Was The 70's.png
327KB, 298x491px
>>50342791
So you want the quality Fuckhueg so you can play Goliath? You can get there with Elongated Limbs and maybe some other qualities that boost BOD and represent being strong and tough.
>>
>>50342858
>six miles tall on average

Makes melee viable if you track reach penalties.
>>
>>50342791
One-offs are represented by SURGE, not entire metavariants. That's why the Norse, with their Jotun, got Giants.
>>
Okay, but if Shadowrun is supposed to be Earthdawn in the future, where did Obsidimen and T'Skrang go?
Assuming they aren't just SURGE, since they were whole races.
>>
>>50343758
That connection has been officially scrapped, so any inconsistencies are explained away by "Meh"
>>
>>50343758
Give it a couple more centuries. The ages seem to pass through several thousand year cycles. They might not have expressed yet.

They also might have been totally wiped out at the end of the Fourth World.
>>
>>50342894
Well sure, but if everyone has those dimensions it all balances out. Sort of like PPP and dikote.
>>50343758
The connections have been scrapped as the licences are no longer held by the same company, but a consistent explanation would be that the current mana levels aren't sufficient to express their pleiotropic genetic changes. Earthdawn fluff indicated that all the namegiver races (Humans, trolls, obsidimen, etc.) were descended from a single progenitor race which may in fact have been the human metatype; ambient mana levels exacerbate their physical differences.
>>
>>50342677
>I'm not saying giants should be more common than trolls, just that it doesn't really make sense for them to be native to Scandinavia exclusively. One would expect them to crop up, at least in very small numbers,all over the world.
If they're not Euro-centric in origin, then they're not Giant metavariants, bro. They're something else that hasn't been classified yet, or a changeling.

It's like if someone said they like pistols, and the Browning Ultra-Power poster agreed that they like Browning Ultra-Power - but they meant pistols, and in context it was clear they're not talking only about the Browning Ultra-Power. That's you with Giants.
>>
>>50343758
>Assuming they aren't just SURGE, since they were whole races.
Canon people - and I'm talking canon as of 4e, not just 3e and earlier exclusive - have SURGEd as Obsidimen and T'Skrang already.

The problem is that magic isn't back strong enough yet for people to be expressing as them normally.

You know, the same way that it was over a decade after the Awakening before Goblinization started.
>>
File: JillAvatar.jpg (651KB, 1705x1706px) Image search: [Google]
JillAvatar.jpg
651KB, 1705x1706px
what was this
>>New GM Advice
>https://my.mixtape.moe/qadtwb.pdf
in the pastebin?
404'ed, for me.
>>
>>50344341
>Obsidimen and T'Skrang
Do they actually call them that?
>>
>>50344476
Ah, shit, that 404'd? Let me fix that a sec.

https://mega.nz/#!4B0wmbLL!dhHeYl1htSnXlcp31i4esltwfKTlWNzFq7fJvYrKMEg Boop.
>>
>>50344341

Are windlings also a thing?
>>
>>50345152
many thanks.
>>
File: remington870_bullpup.jpg (79KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
remington870_bullpup.jpg
79KB, 600x351px
On a scale of 1 to 10, how tacticool are your runners usually?
>>
So a while back I had a character concept of Lucky Pete, an Orc bruiser with a whole bunch of bad luck. I was pretty set on him being a muscle and thus an Orc but I might make him a Dwarf now to build up the under represented metahumans and start filling some diversity quotas *thunder clap*

I really like the idea of a Dwarf Sam/ Dwarf Enforcer too, sounds like fun.
>>
File: Tacticool.jpg (22KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tacticool.jpg
22KB, 620x400px
>>50345430

Too tacticool for tactischool.
>>
File: Never asked for this.png (17KB, 121x129px) Image search: [Google]
Never asked for this.png
17KB, 121x129px
>>50345430
like a 3 at best. one player I don't play with anymore he could not make actual characters in any system for shit, just basically statblocks with a name, usually a variation of the same name /might/ have been like a 6.
I'm usually pretty ok with it, but jesus christ it can be annoying during certain times.
>>
>>50345430
I have a runner who wants to modify his riot shield with a bow. Because reasons. And then slap flash-paks onto it.

We also have a rigger with a robot butler outfitted with an Ingram Smartgun for a shoulder.

Are those tacticool?
>>
>>50346508
>I have a runner who wants to modify his riot shield with a bow. Because reasons. And then slap flash-paks onto it.
First ... why?

Second, show him Flashields; R&G 72.
>>
>>50345430
How tacticool is casting invisibility while wearing a chameleon suit?
>>
>>50347471
retardo-tier
>>
>>50347481
Selffix:
actually, it has some practical use.
Normal invisibility doesn't protect you from digital cameras, so you would still have some use from the chameleon suit.

If you cast advanced invisibility however...
>>
>>50346821
To cite the player, "because it's cool".

And while that solves the flashpak bit, we still want to make a shieldbow.
>>
File: t'skrang.jpg (99KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
t'skrang.jpg
99KB, 600x750px
>>50345100
>Do they actually call them that?
They only call them that explicitly in 3e, but let's just say it's still fairly obvious what they are in 4e.
>>
So one of my players is a Troll melee adept with a claymore he got in chargen with that quality that lets you get a high ranked availability item. Ever since we started playing his character is basically, "Do I hit him? Okay he's dead". He's rolling 20P~ a hit plus he's kitted himself out so he's got gobs of armor. I admit: running combats with him is boring and not fun.

What can I do to make combats fun and engaging for all of us while at the same time NOT trying to hit the player's character with the nerf bat?
>>
>>50347745
Opponents coming from multiple directions at once sounds like your best bet. The troll goes Highlander on one group while the other players deal with the other threat(s).
>>
>>50347745
Objectives.

I can't emphasize this enough - the way you make combat interesting is by making there be non-combat objectives that need to be completely simultaneously.

The combat-monkey needing to buy everyone enough time to cut through a door, or hack a computer, or get the target to the escape vehicle. The combat-monkey needs to pull aggro to somewhere else to let the rest of the team sneak in somewhere. The combat-monkey needs to keep doing what he's been doing, but while hauling out a heavy-but-fragile object or an incapacitated crew member, so he only has one hand free and needs to be careful about not accidentally breaking whatever he's carrying.

Combat in most RPGs is - fundamentally - boring as fuck. It's made interesting, instead, by including complex objectives which need to be advanced even while combat is taking place - and, for creative players, by setting up the scenery in a way that certain advantages and disadvantages will come into play by interacting with it, but that's not relevant to this particular situation.
>>
File: Obsidiman.jpg (129KB, 458x550px) Image search: [Google]
Obsidiman.jpg
129KB, 458x550px
>>50345100
Usually not (>>50347672 is the exception), but when they talk about an EVO board member that SURGEd into a giant rock-man, it's very clear what they're talking about.
>>
>>50345153
Literally Pixies
>>
So /srg/, I have a question
Is there a headline generator for SR? or at least something to create for plot hooks/smalltalk material?
>>
Question. The salvete guardian takes a complex action to use burst fire, does that mean it can't do a long burst?
>>
>>50349419
attached

>>50349437
IT can do a long burst
>>
>>50349437
It was officially Errata'd to be a regular SA/BF weapon. The "Complex Action to burst fire" is a 4e copy and paste error.
>>
>>50347745

Word about the crazy huge fuck with an equally crazy huge sword spreads to corpsec teams in the area, so when he's called in the HTR teams come prepared. "Prepared" in this case means snipers (or tranq rifles if you're worried about a TPK), heavily-armored shock troops, and magic support focused on disabling him. The rest of the team has to knock them out to help/let him do his thing.

>>50349437
It's a simple action in the errata
>>
>>50349504
nice, though not really what I was searching for
Less "ideas for possible runs" and more "stuff you'd hear when listening to the radio/watching trid-news/browsing news matrix sites/etc."
something you can throw into the room to have players talk about that
Last time I Improvised with "Evo plans to create a drug to stop deterioration in ghouls" and "Ball in Madrid: Hestaby confirmed to attend"
>>
>>50349599
Don't think there's anything like that. Just open up a book to a random page and grab the first bit of fluff you see.
>>
>>50349504
>>50349515
>>50349595
Oh, ok. So then the only thing the slivergun has on it is a larger mag. (Extended mag 2 on the guardian is still smaller than the slivergun's base mag)
>>
File: 1337451833597.jpg (750KB, 1900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1337451833597.jpg
750KB, 1900x1080px
>>50347745
What everyone else said is already good advice, but never forget the possibility to simply copy his character sheet and throw a palette swapped version of himself at him.

See if he gets the hint. If not, default to the other advice in this thread
>>
>>50349650
The slivergun is also inherently suppressed and super illegal
>>
File: Pistol Desk.jpg (54KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
Pistol Desk.jpg
54KB, 500x748px
>>50349650
The Slivergun has lousy accuracy [4 to the Guardian's 5(7)], no built-in smartgun, and can only fire flechettes.

It's cheap enough that you can put a smartgun system in it without trouble, but I would only use it for times when I need a gun to shred some unarmoured person and don't mind tossing the weapon afterwards.
>>
>>50349650
The sliver gun is just kinda shit, all-around. Its real advantage, though, is that it comes already suppressed.
>>
>>50349694
>gets the hint
The hint to... what? Stop participating in combat? Kill his character in favor of a new one? I don't really get what you're suggesting this would accomplish.
>>
>>50349990
It's less to fix the problem now and more to hopefully show him how fucking annoying being a powergaming douchecanoe is in the future.
Or you end up killing his character and you know... another chance to roll something that doesn't ruin anyone's fun.

I must admit it's a "solution" born from anger at players that built their characters to COMPLETELY dominate a field.
I might have a similar, although less severe problem in my current group
>>
>>50350112
>wanting your character to be really good at their specialty instead of a liability to the team is bad
Your suggestion is just a passive aggressive, bitch-ass way to slag someone off, not actually solve anything.
>>
File: smug.jpg (25KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
25KB, 450x325px
Who would like to hear the story of the time my GM ran a module based on 5 Nights at Freddie's that his 12 year old daughter helped him make?
>>
File: Holes In That Plan.png (29KB, 243x248px) Image search: [Google]
Holes In That Plan.png
29KB, 243x248px
>>50350112
That doesn't show anybody shit.

Here's a lesson every GM needs to learn, when they start thinking like this: You are here to play games with your friends. You are not here as the teacher to educate a bunch of children.

When you decide to just throw a minmaxed enemy at the combat monster, all you teach him is that he needs to be good at combat because that's what this game and your GM style is like. Being a passive aggressive bitch doesn't help the situation in the slightest- he won't magically divine the lesson you are imparting to his poor simple soul at the end of the session like he's a fucking aardvark in a yellow sweater.

If there is a problem at the table, especially something as minor and easily corrected as "one guy made a character who is way better at combat than the others, so making appropriate encounters is difficult," the first and almost always only step is to talk to them.
>>
>>50350134
Yes. I admitted that. Thats why I said the other advice in this thread is good.

Also, no there is a difference between being good at something and being so domineering at it that the GM (and possibly the other players) stops having fun.
I'm going out on a limb here and guess that that particular player is not contributing too much outside of combat and gets pissy in social, or infiltration situations, because they have nothing to contribute.
Seen THAT too many times...
>>
File: Lies.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Lies.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>50350199
>Yes. I admitted that. Thats why I said the other advice in this thread is good.

No, your advice was, "Do this shitty unproductive thing first. Then do the other things mentioned ITT".

You're making this guy into a strawman to justify a shitty approach that will never work, whether or not he is what you assume he is.
>>
>>50350149
>does /tg/ want Storytime
YES
YES MOTHERFUCKER
START
POSTING
>>
>>50350252
Alright. It'll take me a bit to type it all up, so let me start by saying that I was playing Viper, a Latino Orc street sam who picked up a lot of cybernetics and skill with guns in the Azteca wars, as well as PTSD and a Bliss addiction. Other memorable characters include a cybered up troll street sam with a hacker contact (that detail becomes very important, because we didn't have our own decker), a black Quebecois female dwarf, and like 5 other guys I can't recall in detail. There was a rat shaman, and our face was an elf.

It all started when our fixer tells us to go to a certain trashy mall at midnight to meet Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. The fixer also mentions that they're not the usual sort of Mr. and Mrs. Johnson.....
>>
File: 1276158938087.jpg (168KB, 832x512px) Image search: [Google]
1276158938087.jpg
168KB, 832x512px
>>50350243
Yes. I have overreacted due to being pissy at this particular problem that, every time I tried to solve it via talking, ended up in drama and whining.

I'm salty and ranted on the internet.

To remedy, one thing I have done to combat the problem is to somehow split the party due to mission objective having to be done simultaneously. Then design possible combat encounters to fit the two or more groups.
Only problem with that is that it's hard to dynamically go back and forth so no one feels neglected, especially during combat situations.

Another thing I tried was using lots of magic. Combat monsters might be able to curb stomp anything they can reach, but they likely didnt have many points left to boost WIL very high, so mana spells work very well.
High force spirits are also a good way to give the mage(s) in the group a time to shine and put him on the back burner, assuming his adept powers wont SOMEHOW make his claymore ignore spirit armor.
Now to show them that power gaming can be DANGEROUS and that you shouldn't be ten times more dangerous than all your team mates combined, have someone control actions them and go for their friends.
Just use this very sparingly, because if you continue to take agency away from players, that's no fun either. To make the player feel like this isn't just taking away their PC, fluff the continued willpower rolls as an internal conflict of mind. Give them bonuses for good roleplaying inside that mindscape.

Or have an entire run with basically no combat and if they whine about that, try to make them understand that diversifying their character would prevent boredom during such sessions and that this is basically how all the other Players feel during combat, so leave some of the glory for them, too.
>>
>>50350499

Or have them encounter an enemy that is simply can NOT to be defeated with the normal means. Have them encounter an experimental battle tank in an Ares facility, or some other shit like that. The group has to stay alive long enough for the hacker to disable it. Throw some goons in on the side to give him something to do.

There, hopefully constructive advice.
>>
>>50350379
>arrive at mall
>Viper kills time by banging whatever female submitted her hole to the gloryhole in the bathroom
>at least, it smelled like a woman
>join up with other runners in the food court to eat shitty Korean food while we wait
>Mr. and Mrs. Johnson arrive, sit down at a table, and look around nervously; they're actually Mr. and Mrs. Schmitt, bogstandard wageslave married couple
>it's not every day that you can fuck with the Johnson a little bit and not pay a heavy price, so we take the opportunity to fuck with them a little bit
>all 8 of us sit down at the same table, don't speak to them, don't make eye contact with them, just continue eating our shitty Korean food
>pop cyberweapons in and out of cyberarms, they're getting scared as shit
>once we've had our fun, down to business: their only son, Micheal Schmitt, and the cops aren't doing shit because they're just wage slaves
>once the face milks them for all they're worth, we start gathering intel
>my contribution is sadly limited to calling my drug dealer contact and asking "hey, these guys bought anything from you" when a new person of interest pops up
>cybertroll's hacker contact actually does most of the legwork for us
>so this Schmitt kid is in a "clan" with 3 other kids for this one zombie shooter vidya, apparently they're pretty good
>they always hung out at a western themed Chucky Cheese sort of place after school, so they were almost certainly the last ones to see him before he vanished
>cont.
>>
>>50350549
>roll up to his school
>the plan is for the face convince the principal that he is a lawyer for a pair of concerned parents (the black Quebecois female dwarf and another one of our runners) and he'd better let us question those kids or else
>everyone else, of course, stays outside in their cars
>principal falls for this bullshit
>2/3 kids don't take much convincing to tell us that they all skipped school to play vidya at this western place
>one of them, though, the 'bad boy' dwarf of the group, was more difficult
>first words upon entering the questioning room were "fuck you"
>face asks if he and the "parents" can be left alone for a while with this punk, and the principal happily lets them at it
>face pulls out his sawn-off shotgun and slams it on the table, letting the little shit know he's not fucking around
>the bad boy facade shatters and the little shit is overwhelmed by terror
>black Quebecois female dwarf starts talking to him with a Yakuza accent for some reason
>little confirms the other kid's stories through, and I quote the GM, verbal diarrhea
>black Quebecois female dwarf ends the interrogation by telling him that better not get into any trouble again
>principal thanks us for straightening him out as we head out
>before we drive away, the rat shaman whispers to the little shit in astral mode that he had really better not get into trouble again
>and then we got to the western-themed Chucky Cheese type place
>cont.
>>
>>50350712
ah yes, I remember you telling us about that incident
>>
>>50350736
Ah, but that's just the beginning, anon. I didn't tell you the full story.

>>50350712
>the cybertroll dresses himself up as security inspector or some shit like that, manages to get the security tapes while I play the same vidya the kid loved so much
>plugged that shit straight into my brain, but I didn't even make the top 10 scores despite being a fucking war veteran
>fucking kids
>anyways, the security videos show that for about a week now, there's been a guy lurking about, eyeing Scmitt while wearing a staff uniform, but it's 10-15 years out of date and it looks like it hasn't been washed in that time either
>the last we see of Micheal, he's at the vidya, the creepy guy comes up behind him and they both suddenly disappear
>further analysis of footage shows doors mysteriously opening on their own after the fact, telling us this was a case of invisibility
>the cameras were tampered with so that the creep's face was never seen, but we hacked the vidya console's camera and got his face off that
>my drug dealer has actually met this guy, he bought a bigass cocktail of various knockout drugs recently
>cybertroll asks his hacker to get a name and address on this guy
>hacker suddenly asks for more money
>cybertroll gives it to him
>the creep is Indigo, a former Shadowrunner who just up and vanished 15 years ago
>we send our sneaky guy into his apartment from the outside with a chameleon suit and gecko gloves
>we have all sorts of plans on what to do if he's home or if it's booby trapped, but it's neither
>we start reading through the books he left behind (mostly Voodoo magic stuff) and look at what's on his trid
>we get to his journal, and that
>THAT
>is when things start to get disturbing
>cont.
>>
>>50350909
>I should mention that the journal was pretty fucking dirty, because as we found out it had been buried for a long time
>I'll give you a TLDR version of what the journal said and what we further managed to figure out:
>this Indigo guy was a follower of the Ioa of love, but still got discriminated against because voodoo, ironically couldn't find love of his own
>15ish years ago, he was doing a job at a brand new western Chucky Cheese, just going over security when he meets a fellow named Mikael and falls deeply in love with him
>problem is Mikael is jailbait and he don't want none of Indigo's statutory rape, in fact he feels that any romance in between them would be inappropriate
>Indigo tries to pull the old molest and memory wipe trick, but the magic goes wrong and kills Mikael
>Indigo hides the body, buries the journal with it and goes off the grid, hoping that someone will brign justice and kill him for his terrible sin
>nobody does, and he successfully molests and memory wipes several other kids who look like Mikael, compiling trids of them
>meanwhile, that first western Chucky Cheese place goes out of business and a new one, the one Michael Schmitt played at, pops up a few blocks away
>the old one is currently being torn down with Mr. Schmitt acting as the foreman
>after 15ish years, Indigo feels the need to go back to where he met Mikael
>it's not clear whether he went to the new western Chucky Cheese place by mistake or whether he went to the old one and it just happened to be Bring Your Kid To Work Day
>but one way or another, he saw Michael, who was a dead ringer for Mikael
>Indigo saw this as a sign; he dug up Mikael and the journal, kidnapped Michael, and went back to where it all started.....
>also he killed some demolition workers to keep everyone the fuck away
>cont.
>>
>>50351207
>knowing what we had to do, we headed to the ruins of the old western Chucky Cheese place, and this is where things started to really resemble 5 Nights at Freddie's
>see, the franchise has a couple of animatronic characters that walk around the joint, though obviously they were fallen into disrepair here
>we split into 2 groups, one goes into the arcade/restaurant building on the ground level, the other goes into the connected factory building (I guess it was to keep the animatronic in working order and shit?) through the roof
>first encounter is with Viper when he hears something move in the darkness of the prize storage room
>open up with suppressive fire with light machine gun, eat explosive rounds bitch
>merchandise everywhere destroyed
>see a doll moving, clearly possessed by a voodoo spirit
>full auto on that bitch
>fucking destroyed
>all the other dolls start moving
>suppressive fire, suppressive fire everywhere
>half a belt of explosive ammo later, no more dolls
>GM later told me the purpose of that room was to make playes waste ammo, well it sure worked on me
>move into next room, spot animatronic beaver
>hold position for a while, get report from factory crew that they'd just been attacked by (but had defeated) 'Wilbur the Wolf' animatronic
>pre-emptively saw beaver in half with full auto, it has to crawl about when it gets possessed later
>the fights with the animatronics weren't that interesting honestly, we were a heavily armed crew of runners after all
>Indigo got me twice with mind affecting magic, though
>once to distract with me with a defunct vidya, and once to get me to put my head in a drill press
>teammates couldn't pull me away, so the cybertroll saved my ass by breaking the drillbit with his bare (admittedly cyber) hands
>cont.
>>
>>50351437
>oh, also we found some dead demolition workers in the air vents
>finally, we find a trapdoor leading to the sewer, where we found another door leading to Indigo's bunker
>we bust in; there's Indigo, with a drugged up Michael and Mikael's remains at his feet, also one last animatronic
>the combat only lasts one round
>animatronic keeps most of the team occupied while Indigo casts more mind-affecting magic on me
>I would have opened fire on my own teammates, except that the rat shaman hit him with a fucking hardcore acid blast, making him lose his concentration before my turn came up
>Viper informs Indigo that the most satisfying part about killing him will be how morally righteous it is, and opens fire with full auto
>he's dead Jim
>animatronic drops
>after returning Michael to his parents, we tuck Indigo's corpse, Mikael's remains and all the evidence (the journal and trids) into a safe place and let the cops know where to find it
>we rescued a kid before his kidnapper got the chance to molest him, and we solved a 15 year old cold case for the cops, so it was a pretty nice feel-good run
>fin
GM said he was testing it out on us before he ran it at a convention later; the convention was in the small rural town of Peterborough Ontario (I live near Toronto), so no spoiler alerts because I doubt any of you will have this adventure run for you.
>>
>>50351207

> That his 12 year old daughter helped make
> Serial child rapist

He should check his daughter into therapy omae
>>
File: oper8lf.png (130KB, 944x1398px) Image search: [Google]
oper8lf.png
130KB, 944x1398px
What does /srg/ think of my jungle operator elf street sam? Backstory is that he served in the Azt-Am war, cutting niggas up in the jungle with his spurs and blasting them away with his arm-mounted SMG.
The GM asked us to keep dice pools at around 14d6 at chargen, which is why my automatics and unarmed combat is lower than rating 6.
>>
>>50351659
Yeah, we were surprised it got that dark. Though to be fair, the prose in the journal was pretty flowery. It was as PG as language could get while letting us figure out that Indigo was a serial pedophile.
>>
>>50340196
I got a question, need to find the chip-truth once and for all.

Does a technomancer have an automatic DNI? Description says they can interact with the Matrix without using any electronic device, and that all devices are Matrix devices (specifically that all devices have icons and are therefore Matrix objects). So does this mean that the TM can, say, activate the wireless function of firearms (e.g. switching fire modes mentally as a free action)?

More to the point, can a TM use a smartgun without a smartlink? RAW is smartgun needs a smartlink, without smartlink, the smartgun's data is going nowhere, but if TM can interpret Matrix data then can they also 'read' the smartgun data like they do AROs?

Thanks chummers, hope some of you drek-hot hackers can shed some light on this.
>>
>>50353534
Basically technomancers get a free DNI and a free image link, nothing else. So they still need a smartlink to read smartgun data, because the smartlink reads all the hundreds of datapoints the smartgun sends to it and formats it in a nice, readable way or some other bullshit.
They can trigger wireless functions of items, yeah.
>>
>>50353534
Technomancer can connect wirelessly to any device as if they had a deck in their head, but that's it. To get DNI with something, they need either an electrode net (or a datajack) or the Skinlink echo.

As for the smartlink, they are doubly fucked since even with 'trodes, they'd still need the eye implant eating into their essence.
>>
>>50353596
>>50353631
since drones can get a smartlink program, couldn't you make a smartlink CF?
>>
>>50353534
Forgot to say, I'm referring to 5e rules here.
>>
File: 1ecb2f5f901985d06c6c04dee7b3e724.jpg (257KB, 1111x719px) Image search: [Google]
1ecb2f5f901985d06c6c04dee7b3e724.jpg
257KB, 1111x719px
>>50353596
>>50353631

Thank you, chummers. Here, have a pic from a KE case file on unsolved Stuffer Shack murders, labeled by the detective in charge as 'rekt, lol'

Bonus question, omae. Would this setup work: TM commands Machine Sprite to run Diagnostics on a smartgun but without a smartlink, instead relying on the TM-sprite Resonance mindlink to make sense of the data? And whatabout just Diagnostics on a regular wireless (but without smartgun) firearm?
>>
>>50353683
Not sure if there's even a complex form for that (if that's what you meant by CF)

Best workaround I can think of is if a Machine sprite can use its Diagnostics power to function as a smartlink.
>>
File: CatBurglar.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
CatBurglar.pdf
1B, 486x500px
If we're doin' sheet reviews, how about my Infiltrator/Sniper/Pocket Street Sam? Premise is I got the shit blown out of me in a previous run, so I got all Adam Jensened.
>>
>>50352177

If applicable, pick up some contacts - not the kind you put in your eyes, I mean.

As an operator, you might want to consider a point or two in first aid, leadership (if you were a squad leader), Escape artist (if you had to do some deer hunter shit). Not strictly necessary, just cool for flavor

Consider picking up some speciality ammo and extra clips for your SMG - right now you're kind of a one-trick pony, being able to switch between ADPS, gel, SnS, etc. give you more flexibility depending on the composition and armor of your opposition
>>
What level of languages should a face buy?
>>
File: 1479417633850.jpg (391KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1479417633850.jpg
391KB, 2000x2000px
alright chummers it's time for a Horizonâ„¢ Consensus insta-poll

>favorite corp to do runs for
>favorite corp to run against

>least favorite corp to do runs for
>least favorite corp to run against
>>
If you transform into an animal through Shapechange/Critter Form, can you still cast spells? I'm pretty sure you can, but I'm not sure
Also: when transformed, can you use any Adept powers you have?
>>
>>50355913
No particular reason why not, assuming you don't have centering or geas requirements.
>>
Also: Can you chant while astrally projecting?
One of my players has taken Geas(Singing) and wondered if that means that she cant cast magic while Projecting
>>
>>50356032
There's no reason an astral form would be unable to chant/sing. Even if sound doesn't travel(I dunno if it does or not, desu), it's the act that's important, not the sound.
>>
>>50355998
Hey, in Chummer whenever I bond a Qi Focus on a character in career mode it gives me an extra 1.00 power point. I couldn't replicate the bug in create mode.
>>
>>50354412
>Ares
>Horizon

>S-K
>Aztech

Objectively best opinions.
>>
>>50354327
Languages cap your social dice pools, so purchase accordingly.
>>
>>50340847

Playing a Spider adept here.
Seriously, It's fun. Sure Spider sometimes sends subtle messages and carefully plots so my character can become a bug-spirit-hunting-remorseless-cold-blooded sociopath, but for the most part, It's lots of fun.

basically
>>50340868
is right.

Be prepared for a love/love / love/hate relationship with your totem in terms of roleplaying, depending of which you chose. (unless the DM couldn't care less about your character spiritual path , which is bad news.)

It's actually a load of fun. Over the course of the campaign I bought some highly exotic and illegal 8-legged friends, and got me the animal companion/ animal empathy powers. Oh the faces of the security workers being beaten by several thousand highly venomous spiders at the same time.
>>
File: SlyMcNeill_zps2f923ed6.jpg (42KB, 380x403px) Image search: [Google]
SlyMcNeill_zps2f923ed6.jpg
42KB, 380x403px
First time Shadowrun DM. Played a short sort of intro mission to learn the rules already but our second game is going to be Food Fight. Anyone got any good experience playing that one? I'd like the prep for the kinda bullshit my players will end up doing.
>>
So do dedicated summoners really break the game as much as they say? We're a fairly new group, and one of the players wants to roll one up. He's completely new to the game, but catches on to shit quick, and always plays his characters to maximum effectiveness. Mainly concerned about being able to give the players a challenge without having to roll in Spec-Ops on every run due to the summoner.
>>
>>50354412
EVO
Azzies

S-K
S-K
>>
>>50351659
She wants the Daddy D
>>
>>50360537
That requires more therapy.
>>
File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859KB, 1024x768px
>>50354412
Aztech
MCT

Ares
SK SK SK SK
>>
>>50360554
Loffy, please.
>>
Is "Human Supremacists" specific enough for the Vendetta negative quality? Or would I have to go for something like Humanis? Or would it be better to just go with the Prejudiced quality against them?
>>
>>50361453
It needs to be a specific individual or group, so just saying racist people isn't narrow enough.
>>
>>50361453
I'd say go with something more specific, since "Vendetta" is usually something refering to a closely defined group of persons (or a single one).

"Anders Beringer Breifickson, leader of the local Humanis chapter" would probably work as intended, giving you a specific lynchpin to construct your narratived around (the leader) and also allowing for the "heavy beef with Group X" part.

"Prejudiced" is to different mechanical wise, for my liking.
With prejudiced, all action hails solemly from YOUR side, there is no initiative to be expected from the group it covers.

Also:
>kali_body_armor

Kraut detected?
>>
>>50361473
>>50361488
Thanks, I thought it would be too broad but needed more corroboration. Prejudiced would probably work better now that I think about it anyway, because the character has actually now moved away from the original group that started the whole mess.

>Kraut

???
>>
>>50361512
>???

NVM then, i just saw the exact same picture posted a few days ago on german Shadowrun Board, with a request to stat is as an item.
>>
File: michael-lim-slim-suit-fb.jpg (500KB, 1574x2900px) Image search: [Google]
michael-lim-slim-suit-fb.jpg
500KB, 1574x2900px
What kind of roll would it be to force a clothing item onto someone? I've got this vague notion of getting a bunch of helmets and installing meta-links, trodes, hotsim modules, and personafix chips as a non-magical way of forcibly subverting guards, but I'm not sure what kind of actions it would even entail to grab a guard and hold him still long enough for a second guy to slam a helmet onto his head.

Similarly, if someone has a DNI to a hotsim-modified device, what hacking rolls would be required to transfer a personafix program to that device and then run it on the unsuspecting person? Like, say, if a hacker decided that the best way to win at cybercombat was to mind-control his enemy, rather than try to actually win the fight.

I feel like there's a lot of potential for personafixes as a real problem-solving tool, but I'm not sure where to even start.
>>
>>50362442
why not just do the actually interesting version and replace guards' hats or helmets with versions you've cheesed
>>
>>50362575
Because I'm not confident we can reliably replace the helmets with identical subverted versions sneakily and in advance, but that's definitely a thing I'd try pursuing too in my brain-hacking attempts.
>>
>>50362442
>>50362575
>>50362771
Might I make a suggestion for your runner's codename?
>>
File: New Runners, No Problem.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
New Runners, No Problem.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>50359834
It's a classic for a reason. Fun, easy to mod, and fast-paced.

>>50360182
If you have someone going full minmaxmage, you need need NEED to remember to apply background counts all the time.
>>
File: Dr Spaceman.gif (999KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Spaceman.gif
999KB, 400x226px
>>50360549
The doctor prescribed a dose of daddy's cummies in the morning, and one in the evening.
>>
File: Ryker and Breaker.png (228KB, 540x591px) Image search: [Google]
Ryker and Breaker.png
228KB, 540x591px
>>50361512
Check with your GM. Personally, I wouldn't allow "Prejudice [Racists]" at my table, because that's exactly the bias average people have towards racists. They don't like them, and are less willing to work and play nice with them.
>>
OK, hear me out here. I love SR and have played and DM several campaigns of it, and my current group's campaign is coming to an end so I was thinking about running it once more.
BUT
I am not a smart man, nor am I gifted with any kind of active memory. A few minutes into planning this new campaign I remember just how much shit there is to track and handle behind the scenes as GM, and it's already putting me off running. And then a thought occurred to me; what if I take this out of the city, away from the blanket surveillance and waves of future tech and the fuckwankery that is the Matrix system?
Have any of you guys had any success playing a guerilla warefare, or desert nomad, or wasteland survivor style game?
Was it fun to play and run, rr should I just suck it up and rererelearn SR again?
>>
File: weeb.jpg (84KB, 726x264px) Image search: [Google]
weeb.jpg
84KB, 726x264px
>>50340847
Can mentor spirits physically interact with the world around them? Beating people up, grabbing ledges, shit like that?

Could my desire to be the Jojos be fulfilled in this game?
>>
>>50363570
that's ally spirits
>>
>>50363590
Can adepts get those even?

I've only ever played a street sam
>>
>>50363570
>>50363652
Ally Spirits are just spirits that you're friends with.

Could also be done by being a Mystic Adept with a Possession tradition, though.
>>
>>50363338
I was planning on going with Radical Prejudice, because he literally thinks Racists should just be killed, or has a compulsion to do so due to past experiences.
>>
>>50363798
The only downside being that you end up in the deepest reaches of fucked-up Shadowrun subsystems.
>>
>>50363798
So could I hypothetically be friends with my mentor spirit to get kind of what I'm wanting to do?
>>
>>50363837
I mean, technically all Mentor Spirits are a form of Ally Spirit.

It's just that they usually offer little more than spiritual guidance. Ask your GM about it, though; I'd allow you to do it, but we're wholly in the territory of shit not covered by the rules.
>>
>>50363837
I don't think mentor spirits can assume a physical form, so no. They can interact with the physical world through you, but only through you. A mentor spirit couldn't stop a bullet.
>>
>>50363525
There was an anon playing a "The Amazing Race" game some time ago. Several teams of runners were hired by Horizon to pull jobs across North America, and the first team to complete all the jobs and the challenges won a grand prize.
If you really wish to stay away from cities, you could indeed make a survival game. Look into Run & Gun (extreme environments) and Howling Shadows for inspiration.

There is also a ton of cheat-sheets, in the pastebin or online, to help you run a more traditional game.
>>
>>50364095
I disagree. In core you have Sea physically pushing one of their followers around, in one of the other books you have Coyote opening a door, and there are things like Raven eating food. And that's not getting into the shenanigans that mentor spirits get into in the fiction books.

Mentor spirits are like regular spirits, but they can't be summoned or banished, and they have power equal to a stupid high Magic.
>>
File: Mentor Spirits.png (342KB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
Mentor Spirits.png
342KB, 716x402px
>>50364095
>>50364479
To clarify, I think it used to be the way that they could interact with the world but only through you, but that was back in the days of totems and shamans, when hermetic mages could dismiss mentors as figments of shaman's imagination and worldview. Now that's all been fucked.
>>
>>50340196
Why is the fluff for SR so good, and the crunch so god-awful? It's impossible to find games, assumedly for this reason.
>>
File: Catalyst Game Labs.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Catalyst Game Labs.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
>>50364592
>fluff
>good

Sometimes

>Crunch
>god-awful

Always.

SR, especially in the past couple editions, is a mess because 8 different people were sent to 8 different rooms and told to develop intricate subsystems, then all that was bound together and pushed out the door.
>>
>>50364285
>>50363525
I ran that campaign, it was mostly focused on a single group being hunted down by mercenaries a-la running man, while having to complete amazing race type challenges. It was more about me just using a fuckton of setpieces in different cities but there was an element of border crossing and travel in it too.
Sadly the campaign didn't last long, but I'm putting together a new one that is much more focused on guerilla warfare, as it's taking place in a civil war in Argentina.
>>
File: clsqjtb8y3yx.jpg (10KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
clsqjtb8y3yx.jpg
10KB, 250x236px
>>50353683
There was a smartlink CF in 4e, I can't imagine the technomancer book won't have the same thing or an echo version of it when it comes out in 9 years.
>>
>>50364592
>fluff
>good
the map of modern day north america in shadowrun would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>50364616
Where should I go to find games? My local college has nothing, and the only thing currently on roll20 is in german. Am I just looking in the wrong cesspits?
>>
File: 1459263728172.jpg (93KB, 600x796px) Image search: [Google]
1459263728172.jpg
93KB, 600x796px
>>50364670
FLGS. Online if you want to play a shitty all-shooting game. Start a game yourself, run it, force people to play it, weep at trying to understand the rulebook.
>>
File: 1396106562136.gif (23KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1396106562136.gif
23KB, 120x120px
>>50364701
>No FLGS
>Part of SR that intrigues me most is the story

I tried
>>
>>50354412
NeoNET
NeoNET

S-K
MCT
>>
File: 1442399846447.jpg (224KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
1442399846447.jpg
224KB, 1600x860px
>>50364740
You said college. Even if there's no SR game running atm, you can certainly find people in the college's game club who'd be willing to try it.
>>
>>50363798
Ally Spirits are more than that. They're familiars who you create from the ground up and can grow and customize with your own karma. Spirits with whom you have a functionally infinite number of services.
>>
>>50354412
TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO
>>
>>50340196
How much is too much when it comes to seducing a mark?
>>
File: Teeth.webm (2MB, 474x264px) Image search: [Google]
Teeth.webm
2MB, 474x264px
>>50365615
Getting this cyberware
>>
>>50365648
>Implying a Cyberdong is ever too far
>>
File: barbie.jpg (4MB, 3500x3500px) Image search: [Google]
barbie.jpg
4MB, 3500x3500px
So what's the most plastic ever went ? People are always spending their cash on combat upgrades so they go from mission to mission just getting stronger but what about other ambitions like saving up, getting a better life and becoming FABULOUS ?

Did you get any plastic operations or just invested into something purely aesthetic on one of your characters ? Do we have at least one person here that turned their male character into a pretty little girl ?
>>
File: 1285031800194.jpg (125KB, 452x685px) Image search: [Google]
1285031800194.jpg
125KB, 452x685px
Hey /srg/ I'm new to the system and running a game in 3e. I read that shamanic lodges have to be made in the domain of their totem, so I was wondering how is it justified for shamans traveling outside of Seattle and into Native territory in order to use and establish lodges?
>>
File: 1467013989029.gif (15KB, 425x304px) Image search: [Google]
1467013989029.gif
15KB, 425x304px
>>50366511
A lot of runners spend their income on upgrades as a business investment and wait for the "big score" to upgrade their lives in some other way. I've spent run payouts on cosmetic surgery and gene therapy before, but compared to something like a wired reflexes system cosmetic stuff is pretty cheap.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a /tg/ thread with more than 100 replies that doesn't contain at least one poster who's had a character change gender, willingly or not
>>
Is the artwork link in the pastebin working?
>>
File: 1467083512948.jpg (43KB, 564x866px) Image search: [Google]
1467083512948.jpg
43KB, 564x866px
>>50367362
No, hasn't for a long while. Go to mega, click Tokens.
>>
>>50367554
God I love miniguns. Is the vindicator worth it in 5e ?
>>
File: Minigun.jpg (117KB, 800x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Minigun.jpg
117KB, 800x1036px
>>50367753
>>50330992
>>50331340
>>
>>50367753
Only with kraut.
>>
File: 1461300861431.jpg (43KB, 433x800px) Image search: [Google]
1461300861431.jpg
43KB, 433x800px
I'm making a cyborg NPC in chummer4 and am laughing my ass off now, after realizing that nothing stops you from adding shit like a brush cutter, hovercraft adaption, or an oil slick sprayer to your petty and human looking Otomo drone body.
>>
Newbie here, what's a good number for stats you want to have at an acceptable level but are not your focus? trying to build a character and figuring out what stats to invest in.
>>
File: 1465474982117.jpg (262KB, 600x976px) Image search: [Google]
1465474982117.jpg
262KB, 600x976px
>>50368968
Rough rule of thumb, 12 dice (stat+skill) in your primary jobs, 8-10 in secondary, 6 in something you want to do OK in.

Every three dice = 1 success, by probability. ask your DM and the table to get everyone on the same optimization level
>>
>>50369025
>12 dice (stat+skill) in your primary jobs
To be clear, that should be 12+. For example, a gun-shooting character can easily have Agility 5, Skill 6, and a Specialty and already be hitting 13 dice before even getting augmentations of any kind.

Some punk with an Agility 9 cyberarm and a Smartlink built into his eye is going to be enjoying 19 dice, by the way, and that's an investment that any random decker could easily make in having a decent combat option.

12 is enough to be able to make the reasonable claim that something is your primary specialty, but you can easily and often enormously expand well above and beyond that with extremely little effort.
>>
File: 1449728937758.jpg (88KB, 441x850px) Image search: [Google]
1449728937758.jpg
88KB, 441x850px
>>50369119
You can, but it does not follow that you automatically should. It's damn easy to inflate dice pools until your dick is bouncing off the limit, but that kind of thing should be done in moderation, with careful thought and talking to the party.

I always like taking stats+skills below max, and going broad. I know it's unoptimal for advancement, but you can have a much more rounded character with a lot of tricks up their sleeves.
>>
File: shadowrunner.gif (2MB, 624x335px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrunner.gif
2MB, 624x335px
>>50351560
Good story, Anon
>>
>>50369468
>"Light Rail" Avenger
>huh, i wonder if tha-
>"12 news"/12 NBC
>"SCOTTSDALE RAPES" thing on the side

Jesus Christ
I didn't know there was a shadowrunner living in my city
>>
>>50363570
>Can mentor spirits physically interact with the world around them?
No, but they can physically interact with you.
>>
>>50363837
No.
>>
Should I get kitted out in steamers for maximum vape
>>
File: tmoaia_ka_us.jpg (337KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
tmoaia_ka_us.jpg
337KB, 800x1185px
What archetype best lends itself to a backstory as a mundane wageslave who accidentally got in WAY over their head - who more crashed into the shadows than fell into them?
>>
>>50369853
Here's a fun trick. Get an inhalation-only vector toxin, an internal air tank, and load your steamers up with that toxin. Get it as a chemical gland hooked up to the steamers, if your GM allows it. Then be that guy walking around, billowing out thick clouds of water vapor, unaffected but as everyone around you passes out.

That's how you Maximum Vape.
>>
>>50370275
Decker, probably. Or someone who had an unexpected Awakening.
>>
File: Cyberpunk Gear.jpg (160KB, 723x983px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk Gear.jpg
160KB, 723x983px
>>50370275
Works for all of them. A decker who dug into the wrong file during spider work, a street sam who was a guard and saw too much, a mage who's value ended up getting him in a situation, etc.

Really, the only one I can think of where it would be more on the character rather than their skillset is rigger, and even then you could treat them as a streetsam, or a wheelman who heard the wrong last words spoken in his backseat.
>>
File: Smoking Dame.jpg (174KB, 895x892px) Image search: [Google]
Smoking Dame.jpg
174KB, 895x892px
>>50370289
The only thing with that is working out the range and duration. If the GM says it works like a gas grenade (10m, 4 combat turns) great, though you might need to carry a few quarts of water on you to refresh it. But they might rule that it's less than that.
>>
>>50370275

Quite a few. Any poor bastard can have a bad run-in with some runners, and either be mistaken as an accomplice, or deliberately selected by security teams or higher-ups as the fall guy. Both malice and incompetence are standard-issue in every corp, from AAA all the way down.

Face is a good one because it relies on the kind of skills your up-and-coming-manager-material would have down pat in the corporate world.

If you got kitted up with the Shiawase Kacho or S-K Cyberlogician bundle while you were an up-and-coming hotshot. When some runners used your terminal as the in for a datasteal job, you had to get out of dodge. And hey, you're a hotshot programmer, and you've got a datajack or two in your head, how hard can this decking thing be?

Developing technomancer powers is also a good excuse to get out of dodge, too. If corporate will dissect your brain if you're found out you'll probably find yourself thrust into the shadows. There's good synergy with white-collar worker statistic blocks here, as mental attributes go straight into your living persona. Of course, late-stage technomancer development is IIRC rare.

You can play a sammy, too. Maybe you're a construction worker who got Augged up after and incident that resulted in a handsome worker's comp check that you blew on chrome. Then some runners interrupted you on the job in a way that made you the fall guy, so you said "They think I'm a 'runner? well, frag it, might as well be a runner now". And sure, those limbs might have been intended for lifting heavy materials, your cybereyes have flash suppression for use with the Oxy-Acetylene welding system in your arm, and usually that modular port on your left arm is either a standard hand or a plasma cutter.. But that arm still hurts when you punch a dude, your eyes'll still block flashbangs, that welder can kick out some nasty fire if you just tweak these two valves, and there isn't anything stopping you from getting creative with that plasma cutter.
>>
I can't read german. Aside from SMGs being shit, legality and magazine size, is there any reason to not use an HK MP75?

Seems like it's just a better P93 with a smaller magazine and doesn't scream "CC spook" when anyone sees it.
>>
>>50370289
>Get an inhalation-only vector toxin
So, Nausea Gas?
>>
File: 1446932465866.jpg (238KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1446932465866.jpg
238KB, 800x1143px
>>50371041
If you want to stay non-lethal. If not, Retro and Red Masque (from B&B) are both inhalation-only.

Or start spraying Jazz/Guts and see if you can start a riot.
>>
>>50347745
Your troll guy is not even optimised properly (Primarily melee character, blown a ton of karma to buy Restricted gear for an availability 14 item, being a troll in first place etc.).
If you want to mess with a melee guy with a lot of armor just toss some contact vector gas grenades at him and keep your opposition out of reach and well spread. Shoot him with stick'n'shocks, set him on fire.
Simultaneously, if you feel like it.

OR design a run with "no casualties" as a requirement from mr. Johnson.

OR pay more karma for non-lethal approaches.
>>
File: cNuSCFt.jpg (132KB, 736x521px) Image search: [Google]
cNuSCFt.jpg
132KB, 736x521px
What kind of run could a Yakuza Johnson give a Mystic Adept based on Lo Wang to pay off his debts?
One of my players took the In-Debt quality and his reasoning is that he used to be a Yak enforcer, but he left, with the stipulation that he would have to repay them for all the gear he was taking with him *somehow*. So far, he's been doing it as monthly ¥9000 payments, but since before session 1 I've been trying to figure out how to have his Yak contact call him up for "One last job, that only you can do."

I'm also kind of thinking of having their next run be against a cyber-vampire(as in, someone aug'd to shit to resemble some more classical vampire myths, including bioware retractable fangs and claws, and with a thirst for blood imposed by his augs. Granted, at first glance, he probably looks like a normal guy/HMHVV Vampire, since I plan to have his augs be as subtle as possible.

Kind of considering having the augs have been forced on him by Renraku, but I dunno if the Yaks would have a reason to send a group of runners to take out a cybervamp that works for/is owned by Renraku.

Pic related: my inspiration
>>
>>50372284
Have you opened up a copy of Vice and/or Shadows of Asia before asking about Yakuza?
>>
>>50372424
I've only got 5e books on me, fampai
I'll check the mega, though, thanks for the advice
>>
>>50372424
>>50372444
That didn't really answer my question.
Thanks anyways.
>>
>>50363299
Sounds like solid advice. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50347745
i never gm'd shadowrun, but in star wars d6 i had one of those guys.

i added a netgun to the arsenal of the next police they ran into.
>>
>>50364889
This. I know plenty of people who have wanted to try SR, but have heard horror stories about the complexity of the game and are afraid to give it a try. Just start a game, and don't be afraid to bullshit if you're unsure of a ruling. Most important thing in my experience with the game is to keep it rolling.
>>
>>50372503
>So far, he's been doing it as monthly ¥9000 payments, but since before session 1 I've been trying to figure out how to have his Yak contact call him up for "One last job, that only you can do."

It can be a bit more complicated than just paying off the monetary value with Yakuza, and if you read through Vice with an eye for complications, you'll pick details up.

>Sometimes you can pay off giri with nuyen, but it’s much more common to repay someone with loyalty and service. An Oyabun that forks out the nuyen for your Aunt May’s hip replacement isn’t just saddling you with a material debt but with a karmic debt. You don’t owe him just the money, you owe him for your aunt’s life—and even after you pay him back the nuyen, he can call on you for someone else’s life. It’s a bit Mephistophelean.
> Mihoshi Oni

In short, the Yakuza aren't likely to see his debt as a "one last job" type of scenario. That gear has put him where he is as a shadowrunner, and as such, he owes his success to them. That's a wellspring of ongoing obligation.
>>
ayo FUCK Lofwyr, that is all
>>
>>50347551
You might want to get them a dictionary, as they don't seem to know the difference between retarded and cool.
>>
>>50354412
Ares
Aztech

Aztech or SK
SK
>>
>>50359834
You have food fight? Willing to share? I lost my PDF.
Also any suggestions for running a first game for a group, having just come out of it? I've not DMed shadowrun before, been in a game for 3 or so months but left because the DM was entering That Guy levels and was blatantly copying stupid shit wholesale and putting it in the game even before that.
>>
>>50364701
if I'm wanting to learn rules better for what will inevitably be The Pinkest Mowhawk of a game for friends IRL, so I can DM hard and fast and teach my shithead friends, would you recommend an online game?
or should I just suck it up and stumble together with them whenever I decide to start up a game?
>>
>>50374091
The pastebin in the OP, omae!
>>
>>50374128
I couldn't find it in there
>>
>>50373706
/humanis/ pls go.
>>
>>50374340
I don't hate them or anything, I just see things as they are.
>>
>>50373706
>dumber than most population
Not exactly. Their average is still human average, but where they cap out is lower. This is as much a social issue as it is to do with ork physiology and age of maturity.
>>
>>50374872
I think a lower cap would equal to a lower average.
>>
Both orks and humans default to 1 logic. Costs the same amount of karma/attribute points to get to 5 logic.
Remember that attributes at the cap are exceedingly rare for any given Metatype and mean not being at the cap in a different stat.
>>
>>50375279
It can, but it doesn't have to, depends on how the bell curve gets treated.
And since its all made up stuff (shadowrun, that is), you can have it anyway you want in your game.
>>
Hey, I have been thinking of getting into shadowrun but it seems super crunch heavy with a ton of stuff to keep track on. (more than normal tabletops anyway) Is it easier than it looks?
>>
>>50375309
That's true for player characters, not NPCs. Most people have a score of 2-3.
>>
>>50374872
>This is as much a social issue as it is to do with ork physiology and age of maturity.

No. The attributes and caps are specifically only about their physical and mental capabilities, not the sociology of the metatypes.
>>
>>50375418
I've seen it brought up in the books, so sticking with 'yes'. Points for effort, though.
>>
>>50369468
>>50369519
*lived
That guy was found dead a few weeks ago.
>>
best starting deck? currently looking at the C-K analyst?
>>
File: Uncultured Swine.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Uncultured Swine.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>50375447
Stick with 'yes' if you want. You'll still be wrong, though, as evidenced by the fact that there's actually nothing in the book that supports you. The maximums are inherent limits based on your race, and the only way they could possibly work is if they are based on the maximums you can genetically get to. Notice how there's no option to say, "My orc was raised by Renraku in a special lab with the finest schooling available, so his max LOG is 8"? The sociological arguments makes no fucking sense for the mechanics of racial maximums, because they are hard limits that apply to absolutely everyone of a given metatype, regardless of background.

The best you can do without augments is Exceptional Attribute, which bumps up the max of one Attribute by 1. You can be slightly beyond the racial norm on an individual level, but it's not like the whole ork & troll population is a Kumon book away from having the same LOG maximum as humans. (and given how slum trolls are canonically reading anything and everything they can get their hands on, it makes no sense to give them the lowest LOG cap if you think it's based on sociology and opportunity, rather than racial limits).
>>
>>50375592
Speciality decks aren't flexible enough. Go with a Azteca 200 (or a Little Hornet) and mod the fuck out of it if you are on a budget.
>>
>>50375331
>Is it easier than it looks?
Yes, but it's still crunchy and fiddly, just not as much so as it appears.
>>
>>50375611
>You'll still be wrong, though, as evidenced by the fact that there's actually nothing in the book that supports you
Except that sociological effects were written into at least one of their writeups, else I wouldn't bring it up.

>Notice how there's no option to say, "My orc was raised by Renraku in a special lab with the finest schooling available, so his max LOG is 8"?
That would be Exceptional Attribute, Phenotypic Variation, and either Satyr (less ostracised than other orks) or Metagenetic Improvement. Some training, some winning the genetic lottery. Cost may be outside standard chargen, but that doesn't put it beyond the realm of NPC orks.

2/10, shitty troll, but you got a reply.
>>
>>50375785
>shitty troll
that's because we're talking about Orks, you trog
>>
File: Backpedal.jpg (38KB, 600x246px) Image search: [Google]
Backpedal.jpg
38KB, 600x246px
>>50375785
>it's written somewhere, but not actually. That's why I bring it up without actually bringing up where it is

They've written lots on the sociology of metatypes, nothing that says that racial maximums are based on sociology rather than genetics

>Exceptional Attribute
Mentioned, explained, and discarded, but I shouldn't be surprised that it turns out you can't read. It's a 14 point quality (which, for those reading along at home, is hugely expensive, and saying, "lol npcs don't need to follow rules" is entirely missing the point) that by definition is about exceptional individuals, not "This is how good a metatype can actually be, if you just give love a chance."

>Phenotypic Variation and Metagenetic Improvement
Also mentioned as not mattering in the grand scale of what racial maximums mean. The former is literally a one-in-a-billion chance to spontaneously generate an augment, the latter is literally an augment, and in either case it's again only raising the maximum by one.

If your GM is so inclined to let you stack both an augment to raise your max, and Exceptional Attribute, your orc is now by probability the only orc on the planet with a LOG 7 maximum. That doesn't mean that orcs as a whole aren't capped at LOG 5, because that's how much LOG an orc can get naturally without incredible flukes of luck. Good job trying to shift the goalposts halfway through, though.
>>
>>50375861
>implying
>>
>>50375279
Yeah, but it takes the same amount of attribute/karma to go from 1->3 log/int for any metatype, so one could assume that the average is roughly the same. I tend to assume Minimum+2 is the average for stats for each metatype in my games.
>>
File: smug rohan.png (734KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug rohan.png
734KB, 1280x720px
>>50350149
>>50350379
>>50350549
>>50350712
>>50350909
>>50351207
>>50351437
>>50351560
If you liked that story, you're going to love Viper's latest adventure, in which a simple hunt for a new BTL chip turns into hitting a Triad casino. Give me a little time to write it up, please.
>>
>>50375485
Good night, sweet prince
>>
File: i-fucking-love-cocaine.jpg (73KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
i-fucking-love-cocaine.jpg
73KB, 600x595px
>>50376237
>so, here's the party composition:
>Viper, whom I've already described
>Sniktbub the other Orc Streetsam, he was more melee oriented with a boneblade in his arm
>Toxic, an assassin who some nasty poison and a boneblade in his arm
>Dicker the Gnome Decker
>Facemage, a mystic adept elf who is also our face
>Kraut the German Alchemist
>Tut the Egyptian Troll mage
>Mr. Johnson is a high-ranked mobster most of the other runners in the party have done a job for already
>"Hey, the beetleheads ain't buying no more BTLs from us mob dealers, someone else must have invented a new, more addictive BTL. We's gonna pay you 6000 nuyen apiece to find out who's doing this and put a stop to this, and there might be a 2000 nuyen apiece bonus if you can bring us back a sample of the product, you knows what I'm saying?"
>Mr. Johnson's a cheapskate so we can't squeeze any more money out of him, not that we needed to in the end
>so we go about our legwork
>the one who got the best intel was Dicker, who was told of which casino dealt the new BTLs while going one one of his usual whores and coke binges
>because of his low body, his high lasted 6 hours, so whenever I tell you he did something you have he was high on novocaine at the time
>it makes the story so much better
>so we roll up to the casino, it's warded as fuck and it looks like it'll be hard to smuggle guns in
>it's called the Jade Garden or some shit, so you know it's a Triad casino
>in fact, it's a casino of the Octagon Triad, whom the other runners had stolen a shit ton of opiates from last session (and it wasn't even their main objective!)
>thankfully, the work of the Decker had prevented them from IDing any of them, so they didn't shoot us on sight
>cont.
>>
>>50375485
>dead

Fuck. Did Duncan MacLeod get to him?
>>
>>50376574
>the wards will go off if anything magic goes in, so only Dicker, Toxic, Sniktbub and I go in at first
>Sniktbub sneaks a sawn-off shotgun in his trenchcoat and I leave all my guns in the car (save for the machine pistol in my cyberarm, of course)
>they detect our cyberware, but don't have the stuff to pick out individual implants, so they give us bracelets that'll go off if any implants are activated (fat lot of good that did them)
>so while the other 3 of us gamble, Dicker orders himself one dose of this new BTL and goes into a private room to 'enjoy it'
>what he's actually doing is disabling the burnout function on the chip while riding the high so we've got a perfect sample for Mr. Johnson
>time goes by, and Kraut decides to leave his prepared alchemy in the car, head inside and start making alchemy in the bathroom
>Viper heads to the bathroom as well to get some gloryhole pussy, much to Kraut's dismay
>now, there's a big block of the map labelled "private" that we can't see into
>Toxic tried to sneak into there through the airvents, but spotted that they installed motion detectors in there
>Tut can't Clairvoyance that shit from outside because of the ward
>but we have a plan
>Tut casts invisibility and silence on himself and walks in at the same time as Facemage
>Facemage is an Astral Beacon, so he can slip by without noticing
>Facemage gets through by throwing some bullshit ID and her excellent social skills at the guards, convincing them she's harmless
>Tut casts Clairvoyance on the private area, and he sees a kitchen, some staff areas, the security center, some boardrooms, an armory....and a small warded room he can't see into
>also an elevator going down to the basement
>cont.
>>
>>50376876
Create a gnome, go melee physad, play, and be merry.
>>
>>50376849
>by now, Dicker has finished tinkering with the BTL
>it has a wicked, suicidal down when the high is done, but his novocaine high cancels that out
>he goes to the restaurant in the casino and starts hacking the shit out of the system
>grabs all files related to BTL production for himself and nukes the Triad's copies, even the backups
>even gets the name of the guy who came up with it so the mob can kill/kidnap him at their leisure
>now, at this point, we'd done our job, we'd stopped production of the new BTLs and even got a sample for the mob
>we could've walked out and collected our 8,000 nuyen from Mr. Johnson
>but
>we didn't
>we were far too curious about what was in the warded room and the basement
>so Dicker ASSUMES DIRECT CONTROL over the security system, sets all the cameras to loop and shows us the real feed of what's in the warded room
>it's a grimoire, and there's a guy ritually casting a spell in there
>loot hungry fiends that we were, we decided to kill the mage, loot his books, loot the armory and then check out the basement because it's isolated in a Faraday cage and neither Dicker nor Tut's wind spirit can see in there
>Dicker locks the off-duty guards in their breakrooms, scrambles their commlinks and disables the alarm system because he can forsee shit is going to go down
>everyone but Dicker and Sniktbub (whom we leave on the casino floor to keep an eye on things) joins in on Tut's invisibility and stealth party
>with Dicker opening doors for us, Toxic geeks the mage
>he was casting a fire spell to burn someone who hadn't payed their debts, so he and the room burst into flames
>thank you, Dicker, for activating the fire extinguishing system
>we grab some books and head over to the armory
>load up on ammo and pick up new guns
>ooooooh, a Mossberg AM-CMDT, I'm keeping that
>cont.
>>
>>50377156
>now, again, at this point, we'd done our job, we'd stopped production of the new BTLs and even got a sample for the mob
>we could've walked out and collected our 8,000 nuyen from Mr. Johnson
>but
>we didn't
>we were far too curious about what was in the the basement
>after all, there could be something to do with BTL production down there, so Dicker joined the invisibility and silence party
>Tut's wind spirit possessed a guy to bring us down in the elevator and Dicker got a look around through the cameras
>there was a checkpoint, an interrogation room with torture currently in progress, some guards in a break room, some guards eating dinner, a collateral room where they kept the jewelry and stuff they got from gambling addicts, a server room.....and a warded room with no cameras in it
>the mages go apeshit on the checkpoint and torture room, while I dash out and use my brand new toy to murder 2 rooms full of guards with suppressive fire (which it's technically incapable of because it's only got a clip size of 10, but it was going to be a slaughter anyways so the GM let it slide)
>meanwhile, the guards upstairs had realized all the doors were locked, shot off the locks and started putting the casino into lockdown
>Sniktbub informs us of the situation, and Dicker blows out all the lights
>when the thugs pull out guns with flashlights, he blows them up too, and the enemy Decker's cyberdeck
>then the thugs pull out knives and things get really fun for Sniktbub, who manages to kill 18 out of the 20 that went up against him
>downstairs, we go into that last mystery room, because let's face it, we had gone past the point of turning back long ago
>there was a mage behind the door, but guess what else we found in there once we geeked him?
>cont.
>>
If I learn a new language with Jack of All Trades it's 1+1+2 to get to rating 3 right?
>>
>>50376876
Is there a point you want to make by getting banned or are you just that autismal?
>>
>>50377456
>we found drugs, antiques and MOTHERFUCKING GOLD BULLION
>we hadn't just hit paydirt, we'd hit the fucking motherload
>by now the two thugs Sniktbub hadn't killed had fled, so we were desperately trying to get all the loot out of this place we could before Triad reinforcements showed up
>after grabbing some drugs for our own personal supply, Dicker starts grabbing all the valuable data he can from the servers and erasing the tags on everything while the rest of us start hauling as much gold bullion and jewelry we could carry
>there were also some pink slips and keys we looted from the collateral room
>Dicker just fucking destroyed every bit of electronics left in the building, making sure there was nothing left to incriminate us
>once we were out the door, the mage burned the place down to make sure there was no DNA evidence left behind
>we each dumped our share loot into our rides and all drove off in different directions
>Dicker went straight to Mr. Johnson, handed him the chip and told him there was a gutted Triad casino just waiting to be looted if the mob was up for it
>Kraut had made a point of rescuing the guy being tortured; don't remember much about him, but Kraut gained him as a contact
>now, I know you all want to ask me the same question: just how big a payday was this?
>well, each of us managed to haul out 12,000 nuyen of gold bullion and enough jewelry to sell for 2,500 at the pawn shop, so with the 8,000 from Mr. Johnson it was 22,500 nuyen in cash, plus some drugs, guns, ammo, a magic book or two, and a car for everyone who didn't have one already (which was everyone but Viper)
>a great payday, but man, those Octagon guys must be absolutely livid
>as Dicker put it "if we keep this up, we're going to have to wipe out this Triad before they take us out"
It was a great session. If I could do it again, the only thing I'd do differently is bring some duffelbags so we could carry out more gold bullion.
>>
File: images(4).jpg (12KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
12KB, 259x195px
What are some ways to make a big game hunter into a shadowrunner? Should I go all most dangerous game on it?
>>
>>50378862
Not necessarily, awakened beasts can be quite dangerous.
>>
>>50378872
How big of an elephant gun do I need to take down spirits and such?
>>
>>50378862
Sounds like a fellow with a specialization in Assault Cannons or APDS/EX-EX Sporting/Sniper Rifles.
>>
>>50378862
>>50378898
I actually did this beforehand, guy used a Marlin with handloaded APDS for a base damage value of 14P/-5AP per shot.

Alias: Corbett
Sex: Male
Metatype: British (Human)
Lifestyle: High (2 months)

BOD 3 WIL 3
AGI 6(8)CHA 5
STR 3 LOG 3
REA 5(7)INT 4
EDG 3 ESS
Nuyen: 1,750Y

Limits:
Mental: 5
Physical: 6
Social: 6

Skills:
Outdoors 2

Longarms 6 (Sporting Rifles)
Pistols 3 (Heavy Pistols)
Armourer 4 (Hand-loading)
Ettiquite 3 (High Society)
Con 2
Negotiation 2 (6 Karma)
Sneaking 2 (Wilderness)
Perception 2 (Visual)
Pilot Ground 2 (6 Karma)
Exotic Ranged Weapon (Dart Rifle) 2 (6 Karma)

Contacts:
James Kenna L6, C12 (High level Ares executive, Childhood friend and hunting buddy)
Running Wind, L2, C5 (Local NA tribe chief)
David Prescott L4, C3 (Local museum curator)

Knowledge Skills:
Paracritters 5
Hunting 4
Firearms 3
British History 2

Qualities:
SINner (National, Britain) (+5 Karma)
Outdoorsman (-3 Karma)
Friends in High Places (-8 Karma)
>>
>>50378990
'Ware
Cybereyes Basic System Rating 3 [12] (0.4 Ess) (6,000Y)
+Infrared Targetting Laser [4] (+1 Acc) (1,250Y)
+Thermographic Vision [2] (1,500Y)
+Vision Magnification [2] (2,000Y)
+Low-Light Vision [2] (1,500Y)
+Vision Augmentation 2 [2] (+2 to visual perception) (8,000Y)

Synaptic Booster Rating 2 (+2 REA, +2d6 INIT) (1 Ess) (190,000Y)

Muscle Toner Rating 2 (+2 AGI) (0.4 Ess) (62,000Y)

Tailored Pheremones Rating 1 (+1 to social tests) (0.2 Ess) (31,000Y)

Sleep Regulator (Only need 3 hours of sleep) (0.1 Ess) (12,000Y)

Hearing Enhancement (+1 to Hearing Perception) (0.1 Ess) (4,000Y)

Tremor Reducer Rating 2 (Can stay still for 16 hours, can take aim WIL+2 times) (0.2 Ess) (20,000Y)

Reflex Recorder (+1 Longarms) (0.1 Ess) (14,000Y)

Weapons:
Winchester Model 201 (1,300Y)
(Acc 8, DV 11P -1AP, SA, 2(B))

Marlin 3468SS (1,000Y)
+Custom Grip (+1 Acc) (100Y)
+Long Barrel (+1 Acc) (1,000Y)
(Acc 6, DV 13p -1AP, SS, 4(M))

Colt Future Frontier (500Y)
(Acc 5, DV 8P -1AP, SS, 7(CY))

Parashield Dart Rifle (1,200Y)
(Acc 6, SA, 3 net hits to deliver toxin with armour, 1 without)

Ammo:
20 Tracker rounds, rifles (150Y)
200 Handloaded APDS (Rifles) (+1P, -4AP) (1,500Y)
40 Handloaded APDS (Shotguns) (+1P, -4AP) (300Y)
40 Injection Darts (Rifle, Narcoject) (150Y (darts), 2,000Y (drugs))
140 Handloaded APDS (Heavy Pistols) (+1P, -4AP) (1,050Y)
140 Handloaded SnS (Heavy Pistols) (-1S, -5AP) (700Y)

Armour:
Ghillie Suit (Savanah/Plains) (600Y)
Ghillie Suit (Forest) (600Y)
(Armour 4, Restrictive, -6 to perception to spot when immobile, -2 when moving)

Ares Victory Big Game Hunter (5,000Y)
(Armour 14, Custom Fit, Custom Protection (6) (Chemical), Holster, Gear Access)

Berwick Suit (2,600Y)
(Armour 9, Custom Fit, Social Limit +1, -2 conceal modifier, +1 to social tests if wireless)
Argentum Coat (3,600Y)
(Armour 12/+4, Custom Fit(Stack), Social Limit +1, -3 conceal modifier, +1 to social tests if wireless)

He also had a bunch of misc survival gear and a jeep.
>>
>>50379007
>>50378990

Ohh, i like this.

Might build something like this myself
>>
>>50379055
The only real downside is that he has no skills in automatics, and so misses out on auto fire and has limited ammo capacity.
But to counter that he rolls 17d6 (~6 hits average) with his Marlin and deals 14P -5AP minimum, so it balances out.
>>
>>50377470
Yes.
>>
>>50376639
He and a girl (whom he was training in the art of the sword) were kayaking to an island (probably to train since there was two katanas in the kayak) and their kayak flipped, he ended up drowning.
>>
>>50340196
What books and or supplementaries are necessary reads for an aspiring GM?

I mean fluff-wise, since I already have the crunch down well enough.
>>
File: money.jpg (734KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
734KB, 1920x1200px
>>50377735
>If I could do it again, the only thing I'd do differently is bring some duffelbags so we could carry out more gold bullion.
>>
>>50379596
>believing the official story

this is an MCT hit if I've ever seen one, those bastards were probably afraid of what would happen if he finished his initiation ritual on that island
>>
>>50379596
>Buying in to SK lies
>>
File: kaijoseijura.png (118KB, 733x1404px) Image search: [Google]
kaijoseijura.png
118KB, 733x1404px
>>50380088
>>50380058
I made him in chummer.
>>
Is a sponsorship deal closer to distinctive style or calling card?
I want my runner to constantly be plugging evotech premium energy addative powders.
Gives the modern runner the energy they need! Makes you smarter! Great for smoith skin!
>>
File: Dead Money.jpg (556KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Money.jpg
556KB, 1920x1080px
>>50379733
>not Sierra Madre vault

So close
>>
>>50381463
Dead Money was great. Fuck the haters.
>>
>>50381335
Calling Card if you leave flyers for Evotech Premium Energy Additive Powders (tm), Distinctive Style if you wear sponsored armored jackets. Or both.
>>
>>50381335
Covering yourself in sponsorship decals would be distinctive style. Signature/Calling Card would more likely be leaving samples behind.
>>
>>50381596
>>50381631
I think it might be both, then.
Maximum sponsorship deals!
And a lifetime supply of protein shakes.
>>
>>50381661
Fluff it as that drug that provides a slight karma reduction to improve your STR. You need to get fit and let everyone know how well you're bulking because of Evotech.
>>
File: Dead Money Vault.jpg (155KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Money Vault.jpg
155KB, 900x675px
>>50381531
It would be a pretty great SR adventure. The holograms are trid projections with Fichetti Pain Inducers built into the emitters, there's an astral haze matching the released fog that is toxic to spirits, ghost people are some hardcore mutants, and the whole resort is set somewhere in the Australian Outback which imploded during the Crash of '29.
>>
>>50381679
This is a good plan, but what do you mean by karma reduction?

And yeah, Im going to be a fast and muscley sam. Or adept, actually, since I want it to look like the powder is doing the work, not the cyber
>>
File: Drugs.gif (409KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs.gif
409KB, 800x612px
>>50381722
>not being a drugsam

>thinking literal magic is a better choice for pimping the product than a bit of discreet chrome or nigh-invisible bioware
>>
>>50381722
Myostatin Inhibitor. Reduces the karma cost for improving strength by 2. It's a genemod, but you could fluff it as requiring constant doses of a trigger material, I suppose.
>>
>>50381750
Ironically, I forgot about drugsams.
But yeah, bioware and discrete chrome only.

Now to try and land a singing and dancing ad on the trid.
>>
>>50381774
>>50381722
Its called Ripper, its in Chrome Flesh, page 182-183.
>>
>>50381774
That all seems to work on paper, yeah.
What are some good side effects? Or should I just let the gm spring those on me?
>>
File: 1371447676404.png (10KB, 327x173px) Image search: [Google]
1371447676404.png
10KB, 327x173px
>>50381696
I think I'll actually run that...
only after playing dead money again, of course
I was actually planning on having a bank job for my group, but this sounds a bit better for them.
Any ideas for what I can call it?
Obviously Sierra madre isn't what I can call it, pretty much all my group likes fallout.
>>
File: Horsefoot Lever Action.jpg (56KB, 900x469px) Image search: [Google]
Horsefoot Lever Action.jpg
56KB, 900x469px
>>50381811
Amamirk Casino and Outback Resort

Sierra Madre is Spanish for Mother Mountain Range, that's the same think in Burarra

But if your group is all into Fallout, it won't help. They might appreciate the reference, but they'll know the twist.
>>
>>50377735
Beautiful.
>>
>>50381894
Ah, that is true.
I don't really think I'd /want/ the twist, though.
simply having an extremely hostile enviroment that's not normal corp security, with the "there's an absolute fuckton of cash at the end but X event prevents you from taking it all" is good in my mind.
>>
>>50381948
Anon, the fact you can't take the cash with you /is/ the twist.
Unless you mean the betrayal attempted by one suave ghoul
>>
>>50381971
Wait, it is? i thought it was that the guy was trapped inside.
>>
>>50381982
There was no guy who was trapped inside. You can trap someone inside or be trapped yourself but you don't just find a skeleton in the vault or whatever.
The trap was never sprung because Sinclair partially disarmed it.
>>
>>50381982
You can find Sinclair nearby; he disarmed the main trap because he couldn't bring himself to kill Vera even after her betrayal, but the poison cloud got him before he could finish the job.
>>
Where in what books can I read up on the organized criminal elements of Seattle?
>>
File: Yakuza Profit Grid.jpg (29KB, 547x367px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza Profit Grid.jpg
29KB, 547x367px
>>50382453
Seattle Sprawl Box, you lazy punk.
>>
>>50382545
Thank you, sassy internet stranger.
>>
>>50374091
As always expect PCs to make up stupid plans. Mine went in with a good enough one. One guy goes in with a helmet with a camera attach that shows the team what he's looking at. Then he assumed the twitchy paranoid guy was the marks guard, cast a bug based illusion spell on him that made him freak out and run into the bathroom, then sat down with the mark and try to pretend to sell him drugs for reasons I'm still not entirely sure of. Something about framing him as a drug dealer and getting him by himself. PCs love nonsense. Make sure to frame the scene with a clear goal.
>>
Let's say a key part of my character's story line is a company stole his girl.
Should I play the character before, or after the girl dies?
Before relies on the GM a lot to actually have rescue scenes and shit.
After means it's mostly on the player to pursue the vendetta.
I'm not sure, because I don't want to offload work onto the GM when I don't have to. What do you GMs think?
>>
>>50383466

You should absolutely go for Before. As a GM I'm constantly looking for ways to get people to connect with NPCs and world events, and cribbing them from a neat backstory is my favorite way.

This is also important because it can allow you to flavor some elements of the plot yourself (if your GM talks to you about stuff like that) and can set up cool twists.
>>
>>50383522
Well, all right. If it's not too much work, I could certainly go for before.
There's a certain hot rage that you get with the before that can't match the coldness of post.
>>
File: Elf Slots.jpg (776KB, 1333x808px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Slots.jpg
776KB, 1333x808px
>>50383466
>company stole his girl

In a, "Cool exec in his 60,000Â¥ nuyen suit came to a party, fed her stories of the high life, and they drove off together in his Westwind" sort of way, or a, "Let's cut open her brain to see if there's a part labeled 'technomancer fuckery'" way?

Either way, before offers better story opportunities. And in no way does the onus fall on the GM in that case. If you want your girl back, you have to fight for her.
>>
>>50383530
It really depends on how your GM is. In my last Shadowrun campaign I had a player give me his motivation for joining an extra-legal law enforcement agency as "I'm trying to hunt down the people who sold my sister into slavery, even if it destroys me."

I ended up wrapping his sister's story around a parallel narrative involving GitS-style "ghost dubbing" in androids and another PC who was highly cyberized and an amnesiac (25 points, a.k.a. "Write my backstory for me tier") who was really an advanced metasapient android.

The original plot was way less interesting than their backstories were.
>>
>>50383535
The second way.
And I'm glad with this response, I was actually hoping for before too.
>>
File: Bath Street Samurai.jpg (339KB, 1187x789px) Image search: [Google]
Bath Street Samurai.jpg
339KB, 1187x789px
>>50383602
>PC who was highly cyberized and an amnesiac (25 points, a.k.a. "Write my backstory for me tier")

I've always wanted to try this, just to see what shit my GM would come up with. With prior agreement that this is going to be a blank slate character, so use their backstory as you will and reveal it however is appropriate.

but I don't trust the current GM of the group to come up with something good and fun to play
>>
>>50383679

Yeah I really want to be a player in a game like that. Unfortunately my friends aren't as confident with building up cyberpunk settings as I am, so I'm the default Shadowrun GM atm.

Then again I'm kind of in a situation like that in our current campaign (D&D) where I gave my friend the broad strokes of my past (Elves had a mass exodus to avoid a costly war, I stayed behind for personal reasons) and he turned it into this amazing Elven dungeon that totally hit the right buttons for me. I'm 100% invested in uncovering my peoples' enigmatic history now.
>>
Quick question for ya'll. Is the PC of Shadowrun: Hong Kong a foreigner?
>>
>>50384137
PC is from Seattle.
>>
>>50384137
I should clarify. Am I playing a resident of Hong Kong, or am I from elsewhere?
>>
>>50384157
Thanks mate.
>>
>>50377456
It can go full Auto suppressive, the area its covering is just reduced.
>>
>Looking their Aetherology
>See the Tsuchigumo Warrior art
Since when did Shadowrun allow their artists to trace shit from other big RPGs?
>>
>>50384590
>Art: Kat Hardy
>imaginemysurprise.webm
>>
>>50383241
My PCs had a job to kill a vampire. It ended with a Pro-Wrestling match and a Tumblr army.
>>
>>50384666
Is that Jays Semen disposal unit?
>>
File: detective_by_kevindel-d93mq5o.jpg (132KB, 1024x916px) Image search: [Google]
detective_by_kevindel-d93mq5o.jpg
132KB, 1024x916px
What does your current runner order at the bar after a hard run?
>>
>>50386937
Since I'm the GM I'll just post what my runners would order
>ork Sammy takes a few bottles of synthohol, as an appetiser
>elf druid takes some tea
>human face drinks beer
>human Sammy drinks soy based drinks
>human TM either some water or wine
>>
>>50386937
Heroin.
>>
Are there any holidays or why has the srg beens so awfully slow the last few days?
>>
>>50387837
Thanksgiving.

Also, it's your fault.
>>
>>50387864
Actually, I'm one of the few people keeping this thread alive, you trogbum driller.
>>
Did someone crash a truckload of salt into these threads recently, or are the Americans just grumpy because of post-turkey tummy pains?
>>
>>50387974
I'm guessing Bit of Column A, Bit of Column B
As an yuropoor I don't care either way
>>
>>50387974
>>50387997
They are probably just drunk from their pisswater "beer" and sleeping out the increased amounts of FAT they took in.

t. fellow Euromoor
>>
>>50388189

You do realize that most of them are actually asleep and that this is all European salt you're tasting, right?
>>
File: 1377035420619.jpg (737KB, 1279x1535px) Image search: [Google]
1377035420619.jpg
737KB, 1279x1535px
I need some inspiration.
Could you recommend some good media examples of mortal - mentor spirit relationship?
>>
>>50386901
Not sure how they're related, but Kat has this weird style that's basically photomanipulation run through instagram filters. Fortunately doesn't show up much.
>>
>>50388274
Luke & Obiwan's ghost.
>>
>>50383679
/srg what do you think that guy in that pic's 'ware is? Looks like dermal plating + maybe a partial cyberskull, as there still seems to be a lot of flesh on his arms I'm not sure if he would have cyberarms or not?
>>
>>50388509
I'd say no cyberarm
maybe partial cyberdong
>>
>>50388509
Judging from the other art of him and similar characters by that artist, he's a cyberzombie by SR standards. He's got dermal plating, artificial muscle, probably some amount of internal cyber ware, cyber eyes, cyber skull, either entirely replaced or enhanced skeleton.
>>
>>50388567
Wouldn't be able to name the artist would you Google was no help (as usual).
>>
>>50388644
I think they were called Keys on tumblr, but I haven't been able to find them again either. I have a bunch of images I saved from a cyberpunk porn thread on /aco/ a while back.
>>
>>50388644
>>50388654
random fucker to the rescue
http://keysartstuff.tumblr.com/
>captcha:road road
>>
>>50388694
Thanks, well, I now know he has partial cyberlegs, probably cybergenitalia judging by the size of that thing.
>>
>>50388567
>>50388509
The only 'ware I could say for sure is dermal plating and junkyard jaw.
>>
>>50388533
>partial

Just the tip?
>>
>>50388849
Just the bits as large as her head.
>>
So, how tricked out can you get an anthrodrone? Their initiative already starts out at 3 dice so that's half a cyber samurai already. Throw some heavy armor on there and scrap their natural armor for mod points. Strap in an ares alpha and they should be in business.

Don't have a street samurai in the party anymore so I'm trying to see if I can create a pair of drones to do the job.
>>
>>50390034
They can get cyberlimbs that can be kitted out like a meatbag would (although adding armor on them is useless). Get a top-notch super illegal Pilot program and autosofts and you can definitely make a fighty drone that can stand its own in a scrap.
>>
I've been thinking about running Shadowrun, but the system is pretty complex. It really feels like even with a simple plot, there's a lot of factors and angles to cover even for a milk run with how many ways there are to secure something. How do I know where my players are going to look?
>>
File: 1472356708134.gif (895KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472356708134.gif
895KB, 500x250px
Is there a /tg/ mega for Shadowrun?
>>
>>50391338
Read the damn OP, you dimwit.
>>
>>50391338

>>50340196
>* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Lines 8-11

Always check the OP before you ask these kinds of questions, chummer.
>>
>>50390034
Mod in a multidimensonal coprocessor for an additonal die.
>>
File: 0ec.png (220KB, 425x298px) Image search: [Google]
0ec.png
220KB, 425x298px
>>50391363
>>50391395
Yup, I'm retarded. Did a ctrl+f for 'mega'. Didn't see the pastebin link. My bad.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.