[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 69

File: 223.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
Underappreciated commanders edition

Old: >>50280100

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
Sol ring should be banned.
>>
File: Nicolas Cage.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas Cage.png
136KB, 223x311px
>>50290868
>Underappreciated commanders edition

Love this guy. He's so spicy with the right deck.
>>
File: 224.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
224.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
How does Strionic Resonator work with Saskia's abilities?

If I understand correctly, you can't copy the first ability since "As X enters the battlefield" isn't a triggered ability.
What about the second ability? If I were to deal combat damage to a player with three creatures, will that create three separate instances of Saskia's ability where I can only copy one of them, or are they all one combined instance?
>>
>>50290918
nah sol ring is fine
>>
>>50290980
>"As X enters the battlefield" isn't a triggered ability.
It isn't?
>>
>>50290980
No, that's an ETB effect. It happens on ETB, not on cast, so Strionic can duplicate her "choose a player" strategy. Same with the damage ability, I believe.
>>
>>50290980
You can't copy Saskia's effect AFAIK, because it's worded "As enters the battlefield...", meaning it's not a trigger but modifies how it enters a battlefield, similar to how creatures come into play with +1/+1 counters.
>>
>>50291084
> implying Sol Ring doesn't make the format 99 card singleton instead of 100
Literally format warping. Anon how do you justify this?
>>
>>50291226
they fact that they reprint it constantly? i have like 30 sol rings and ive been playing EDH for like 3 years
>>
>>50290980
Saskia etb is not a triggered ability, since there is no trigger. But her second ability is a trigger, but it triggers for every creature that deals combat damage to a player, so you can copy any one of those triggers.
>>
File: stupid combo.png (515KB, 888x309px) Image search: [Google]
stupid combo.png
515KB, 888x309px
posterd this in the other thread right before new thread was made. so here:

how janky is too janky for your combos? I wanna build a breya deck with as many infinites as possible, and there is one extremely stupid combo i want to put in, but one of the cards seems useless without the rest of the combos and i wanna know how to make it useful. What non-angel tribal synergies can i put in breya to make conspiracy viable outside this stupid combo
>>
>>50291237
Why not just do Sword + Foundry? Not infinite but effectively the same, plus lifegain
>>
>>50291233
I think he didn't mean as Sol ring is too strong or not abundant enough for everyone to get one, but that every single commander deck uses one. It is basically a card that has 100% pick rate, so it limits deckbuilding, even if by 1 card.
>>
>>50291233
It's not a cost issue for me, just a deck variety issue.
>>
>>50291237
I don't even understand your combo.
>>
>>50291237
How does it even works? You know that Conspiracy won't make Restoration Angel a non-Angel, right?
>>
>>50291266
>>50291267
>1 card being a staple is a massive loss in variety
>>
>>50291299
>massive loss
That strawman sure is easy to beat, am I right?
>>
>>50290945
He rules. Going full-on mercenary with him is super fun
>>
>>50291256
Sword, foundry and ashnods altar would be an infinite life and mana combo right? With breya as a commander you could even run impact tremors and kill the whole table in one go if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>50291312
>lands are in every EDH deck, they should be banned because of lack of variety

its not that i dont get their argument its just so pointless to care about a single card that is over printed to fuck being in every deck. what are you really taking away from EDH by having it?
>>
>>50291328
>lands is a single card now
>implying there is any land that is 100% pick rate no matter what kind of commander you use
Strawmans everywhere, gotta beat them all, am I right?
>>
>>50291328
>what are you taking away from edh by having it?
Literally nothing because it's a multiplayer format, and the card only makes a difference if you draw it in your first two turns.
>>
>>50291328
As I said before, you take 1 card from the deck. And that's it. I think banning is overreacting, but I also understand the problem, imagine if there was a card in standard that was so strong that every single deck had 1 of it?
>>
>>50291288
resto would become a non-angel, look at the final ruling on conspiracy. It overrides all creature type that you control.

>>50291288
So you have to control Breya, Panharmonicon, and Conspiracy (lets say humans were the named creature type).
>cast resto angel
>double etb triggers because of panharmonicon
>one trigger to blink breya
>one trigger to blink resto angel (which we can do because of conspiracy)
>repeat until you have enough thopters to kill everybody

>>50291256
oh, i'm probably going to put sword of the meek in, and foundry came with the precon, so it probably won't leave. danke for the suggestion tho
>>
>>50291272
Choose a creature type besides angel, panharminicon gives resto two triggers, flicker resto and breya for extra thopters, repeat as desired. I'd recommend choosing a creature type you have some amount of tribal support for even if it's just one card like myr battleshere or precursor golem or something.
>>
>>50291541
>Precursosr Golem
>wanting to fuck yourself
All precursor does is turn swords into the best removal ever.
>>
>>50291571
Dat lifegain tho
>>
>>50291541
i could see calling myr, that would be fun. but like >>50291571 said, it's basically shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
File: 148.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
One of my favorites.
>>
>>50291701
Too bad he needs to be dealt damage to put spirits in play.
>>
File: 1477359922497.png (134KB, 342x530px) Image search: [Google]
1477359922497.png
134KB, 342x530px
>tfw equipping Vial Smasher with Inquisitors Flail and Grafted Exoskeleton
>tfw putting Curiosity on Tunneling Geopede and casting Harrow on the opponents end step

This Thrasios/Vial Smasher deck might MIGHT just work sorta
>>
>>50291796
>Inquisitors Flail
inquisitors flail only works with combat damage. Though, better than that, just use damage doublers like furnace of rath and dictate of the twins gods or something
>>
>>50291394
>siege rhino
>coco
>fetus Jace
It's not unheard of. But those are examples of truly format-warping. Turn-1 Sol Ring is like playing a ballgame against a headwind. You can't do a whole lot about it, it doesn't necessarily seal the win, and it's pure luck giving someone the upper hand.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_sRiXFurkpR.jpg (176KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_sRiXFurkpR.jpg
176KB, 850x473px
Xth for Braveheart.

Do not fall for the meme /edh/, aggro is alive and well.
>>
File: Scarred Puma_IN.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Scarred Puma_IN.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
is there anyway I can use this in zada
should I run insurrection so I can attack with him? are therreallly any other good mono red steal effects?
>>
>>50292152
Do you have any way of getting black or green creatures besides steal / threaten / insurrection effects?

The answer is no, anon
>>
>>50291725
Would be great if he was Naya colored
>>
>>50291136
>>50291155
>>50291190
>>50291235
It's not a triggered ability, but a replacement effect, like with Clones or Iona, so it can't be countered with stifle effects nor copied with resonator.
Second ability is okay. Keep in mind that triggered abilities start with 'when', 'at', 'whenever'. There may be still some, but I'm sure that someone will fill if I missed any
>>
>>50292152
You were not missed
>>
>>50291288
Wrong. Unless the card says 'in addition to other x', like Xenograft, it's just the chosen thing, like with Darkest Hour everything is just black.
>>
>>50292129
>commander of the "aggro" precon is 3/4
>commanders of the other precons are 4/4, 4/4, 5/4 and 2/8

Fuck you, the meme is real
>>
File: very doubtful.jpg (26KB, 332x360px) Image search: [Google]
very doubtful.jpg
26KB, 332x360px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kozilek-always-drawing/

Need some feedback on my first take on colorless commander. Its currently budget since it lacks two very obvious cards
>>
>>50292162
It's value though. It's a 2/1 defender for 1 red.
>>
File: M12015.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
M12015.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>50292265
>It's value though

Why not move onto this instead of your terrible meme?
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 160x228px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 160x228px
>>50292293
I'm mono red. plus i have a playset of these things and it feels wasteful not to play them..
>>
File: BLpJjx7H7i_EN.png (197KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
BLpJjx7H7i_EN.png
197KB, 265x370px
>have a deck that draws tons of hate
>make a new deck that will draw less hate
>get bored of doing nothing every game
>power it up a bit
>oops
>turn into archenemy again
>the table politics are basically "ok how do we stop anon from winning the game next turn"

okay friends, time to make another low-power deck. someone give me a list to a ~fun~ political deck, hopefully with something like gwafa hazid. not group hug, but politics. i want to make deals with other players and police the board. also it should have some fun wincons like the filibuster dude
>>
File: 2014-mirris-guile-cropped.jpg (114KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
2014-mirris-guile-cropped.jpg
114KB, 464x664px
Now we post cards that should be considered for any deck running its colors but for some reason nobody seems to be playing
>>
>>50292331
btw i didn't mean to post that image at all, ignore it
>>
File: 1476542420862.png (107KB, 383x631px) Image search: [Google]
1476542420862.png
107KB, 383x631px
>>50292244
>Naturally has vigilance and haste
>Allows you to either wail on two people at once or hit one player twice as hard
>Gives you access to both Naya and Mardu for a wide range of aggressive cards
>Plenty of draw power, mana ramp and answers available
>Damage doublers exist

No, fuck YOU. There's finally an aggro commander who can hold their own in multiplayer instead of "I kill one person and then die."
>>
>>50292152
Hey, this goes well with the born of the gods badger.
>>
File: strands.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50292335
that's kind of a dead draw though, and only gives you temporary card quality instead of quantity. it's okay but i wouldn't call it great

pic related should be run in any monoblack deck though
>>
>>50292323
Well that's your own fault faggot. Maybe you should get some vanguard elites
>>
>>50292323

Ho god the faggot with the forced meme returns...
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>>50292363
Seems alright. Kind of dependent on the type of mono-black deck though

>>50292335
It's a good turn 1-3 drop but after that it's not something you want to draw

I'm not sure why I don't see a lot of this guy
When I played him as my commander he was seen as very threatening, but ever since I tore that deck apart and moved him into the 99 of another deck, people seem to think he's mostly irrelevant.
I often end up drawing 5-7 cards before I lose him, and most often it's to a board wipe
>>
>karthus as commander
>conspiracy naming dragons
>cast karthus
>steal all creatures

could karthus dragon tribal be fun?
>>
>>50292439
>Stunt Double on Karrthus
It's fun but get ready to be blasted by any clone effect
>>
Is there any cards that make artifact creatures non-creature artifacts? Sort of a reverse March of the Machines type deal?
>>
Defenses for sol ring not being banned all sound like Sheldon is saying it
>>
>>50292439
Conspiracy only effects your creatures. You could Harmless Offering it to someone, then steal all of their creatures.
>>
File: 1479414521808.png (85KB, 258x229px) Image search: [Google]
1479414521808.png
85KB, 258x229px
>>50292439
Conspiracy only makes your creatures dragons though. What am I forgetting here?
>>
>>50292476
Ah, damn. But I guess that works too.

Just in general the thought of playing something like hellkite overlord makes my inner timmy happy.

Also, mycosynth lattice + hellkite tyrant would work right?
>>
File: Rysorian Badger_HL.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Rysorian Badger_HL.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
£spicy secret tech? ??
>>
>>50292480
You're missing the fact that I am an idiot and shouldn't post when I am half asleep, sorry.
>>
why is the scarred puma fag back? Holy shit the general was much better without him
>>
>>50292495
game breakingly overpowered for a mono green badger tribal
>>
>>50292439
Karrthus is a ton of fun to play, but like >>50292456 said, clone effects really fuck ya up.

My first "competitive" commander deck had him at the helm.
The main reason I switched him to Scion is because there were so many cards like Standardize that would be great in Karrthus but that I couldn't use because of the color restriction, and that lack of cards that actually synergize with his ability is kind of a turn-off for me. I prefer build-around commanders which I could do with Scion.

In fact, I would recommend Scion. One of the neat things is you can add 1-2 cards that synergize really well with one dragon (like ophidian eye or curiosity for Niv Mizzet, and Bear Umbra or Sword of Feast and Famine for Hellkite Charger) and then when you draw those cards, just call up the dragon with Scion.
So if I draw into Conspiracy or Standardize, I call up Karrthus and ressurect him with one of my many recursive spells (or just Teneb).
>>
File: Image.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
129KB, 223x311px
What are some cards that become better the more opponents you have? I wanna make a partners deck with Tymna and Sidar Kondo and since Tymna's greatness scales with the number of players, I'll make it my big orgy deck. So what are good cards in Abzan colors that want you to have many opponents? I've already noted
>Extort cards (specifically Blind Obedience, Pontiff of Blight and Basilica Screecher in this deck's case)
>Syphon Mind
>Syphon Flesh
>Capital Punishment
>Selvala, Explorer Returned
>Tempt with Discovery
>Gary

Secret tech: Sylvan Offering is pretty neat with Sidar Kondo, and Tymna can get some sweet use out of Hatred and Strionic Resonator.

>>50290868
My nigga. Wort is fucking sweet. Looking forward to testing the new Treacherous Terrain with it.
>>
>>50292550
That sounds fun, but scion is five colored right?

I'm a bit on a budget so five color decks are always a bit "eh" to me because of the mana base. I'll definitely give it a try though, thanks.
>>
>>50292570
Go mostly basics with green basic fetch package. 5c also has space for Gates and an altwincon of Maze's End.
>>
>>50292570
Depending on how powered your playgroup is, you can get by surprisingly well with just jamming ten tri-lands into a deck. Those new basic landcyclers are pretty sweet too. With big scary dragons you'll want effects like Grave Upheaval anyway.
>>
>>50292562
>kokusho
>rise of the dark realms
>decree of pain
ones that i use in my karador deck that accrues value dependant on the number of people that are in the game
>>
>>50292562
>Tymna can get some sweet use out of Hatred and Strionic Resonator
I don't get it, how?
>>
>>50292579
>>50292586
Playgroup is pretty casual, I have some fetches and shock duals, also temples and stuff and I'm planning on buying the lorwyn lands once I'm done building my legacy deck.
>>
>>50292609
>Hatred
You can pay 19 life to pump her before damage, kill someone with commander damage and gain it all back thanks to lifelink. Helps if she's evasive thanks to someone like Sidar Kondo.
>Strionic Resonator
When Tymna's ability goes on the stack at the beginning of your postcombat main phase, you can copy that ability with the resonator, then draw up to twice as many cards as you normally would (and paying up to twice as much life but cmon who cares about that)
>>
>>50292627
Oh right, I though it was something else besides her Lifelink
>>
>>50292046
I never said that Sol Ring warped the format, but it limits the deckbuilding by 1 card, since every deck needs to run 1.
A card with 100% pick rate not necessarily warps the format.
>>
File: Sol Grail_AL.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sol Grail_AL.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
SOUL RING BAN INCOMING IN TOMORROW MONTHS

SELL YOUR SOUL RINGS NOW
SELL THEM NOW
>>
File: Ali Baba_4E.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ali Baba_4E.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>be i

>playing gobolins tribal
>ydris command
>solo ring is first play
lay down creature
>it is over for yoy, .jpg
>everyone is scope
>mfw when
any other EDH player got good story? ?
>>
>>50292570
If you're picking up any of the precons there's a bit of land fixing in those already
I built Scion on a budget when I first started, and while the speed of the deck is hindered, it was still relatively consistent.
Running 5 colors on a budget is more about how you build the deck than it is about the actual landbase.
5 Tri-Lands would be enough to suffice in Scion, because he's more of a 3 color deck, given the nature of dragons. You'll mostly likely have significantly less white and blue than Jund colors, so build around it accordingly. With the exception of stuff like Standardize and Curiosity, try to make your white/blue cards late game stuff. This allows you to focus primarily on Jund colors in the mana base, so it plays more consistently in the start of the game. Your basics in Jund should greatly outnumber your basics in Azorius, but all your ramp should be W/U inclusive.
A lot of people get caught up in trying to make the manabase work so they don't have to sacrifice card slots, but the sad truth is that the deck will run much better if you sacrifice card slots for ramp when on a budget, that way you don't have to use a bunch of lands that enter tapped, which set you back a turn.

If you're thinking about this seriously I would do:
>5 Tri-Lands, one of which should be the Jund one
>3 Signets: Azorius, Orzhov, Izzet
>5 Land Fetches: Search for Tomorrow, Rampant Growth, Farseek, Harrow, Kodama's Reach
>2 All-Color Artifacts: Darksteel Ingot, Fellwar Stone
>Have Command Tower and any other all-color lands you can get your hands on
>Remainder should be basics in a ratio of 3-3-3-1-1 for B-G-R-W-U

I've used mostly this same strategy for 2 five color decks and they've both treated me very well. I'm rarely struggling for the last color by turn 6
>>
>>50291237

Too long, never gonna happen.
Fun though
>>
>>50292335

Awwww I had this card when I was 12ish. The memories.
>>
File: metal tits.jpg (49KB, 615x286px) Image search: [Google]
metal tits.jpg
49KB, 615x286px
>>50292849
>3 card combo +commander
>in black , the color of tutors
>in blue, the color of artifact tutors and draw
>never going to happen
>too long

Ok
>>
>>50292886
if your group sits back and takes it then they're a shitty group
>>
File: 1478115149647.png (136KB, 278x367px) Image search: [Google]
1478115149647.png
136KB, 278x367px
>Just paid $22 for the Saskia deck
>tfw buying a precon for 2/3rds of the MSRP

What am I in for lads? I'm mostly buying it to disassemble whenever I eventually make Tana/Sidar Kondo partners but it might have some other fun goodies right? Gonna throw Stonehoof Chieftain into my Gruul deck.
>>
I'm kinda disappointed Saskia the Unyielding isn't a Warrior. She would be amazing as the commander of the Warrior tribal deck I'm working on. Would even give me access to the Abzan and Gruul Warriors, as well as green mana fixings.
>>
>>50292627
So, you can pay life twice? What a swell idea.
>>
File: Fleshbag_Marauder-1.jpg (10KB, 91x76px) Image search: [Google]
Fleshbag_Marauder-1.jpg
10KB, 91x76px
>>50292896
>Expecting my group to see that combo coming, or understanding the interactions these cards have with each other to go infinite.
>implying they are savants, like us, who talk about edh online and know 3+ card combos

These are the same people who had to think about allowing mind over matter resolving or not, while a temple bell was on the field.

Don't expect randos at any lgs to be as knowledgeable about non -modern legal cards and their various interactions as we are, anon. We are the edh 1%
>>
>>50292823
I own three of the precons. I'll try to build the manabase like that, thank you.

Any dragons you would recommend in particular? I'll definitely use hellkite overlord and karthus, I also have skithiryx lying around.
>>
>>50292849
>grave dump
>use the all the best artifact+enchantment recursion in the format
sure, it's never gonna happen. okay there bud
>>
>>50292900
>tfw the only deck that sells above MSRP is breed lethality at 40€ on mkm
>stalwart unity has the most value cards
>can get it as low as 15€

I don't understand.
>>
>>50293059
Waifus sell anon
>>
>>50293059
i think it has to do with that fucking deepglow skate (i think thats what its called. idk the thing that doubles counters on permanents when it etb) desu i thought magus of the will was gonna be the most money card out the set.
>>
>>50292981
If you have Skithiryx, you get 1-hit-KOs with Moltensteel Dragon:
>Activate Scion's ability twice (he loses ability after it resolves)
>First activation resolves; fetch moltensteel
>Activate moltensteel's ability 6 times
>Second activation resolves; fetch Skithiryx
>Hit for 10 infect
Only works once if you can't get it back in the deck but it gets the job done. I typically steer clear of the OHKOs until it's a 1v1 situation though. Basically it's a trump card.

For a budget build, consider Gurzigost, to recycle dragons you didn't want to draw or are already in the yard

Teneb is very handy, and his recursion enables things like the previously mentioned Karrthus combo. For extra value on the Teneb activations, add Bladewing the Risen.

The recursion route may make for a more expensive build though. Scion can also be treated as a sort of Voltron Toolbox commander, so it's up to you. There aren't a lot of Must-haves other than Moltensteel (since you have Skittles), and Teneb.

Dragons for the combo route are again:
>Niv-Mizzet
>Hellkite-Charger

Dragons for toolbox:
>Hellkite Tyrant
>Balefire Dragon
>Nicol Bolas (a personal favorite of mine)

If you take the recursion route, don't be afraid to let Scion go to the yard in order to use:
>Kokusho
>Keiga
>Yosei

OH almost forgot, always have protection:
>Silumgar
>Stormbreath Dragon
I would consider them must-haves.
Skithiryx has regenerate so you should be all set for most wraths (for wraths you can't regen out of is Keiga, etc. as previously mentioned)

Conspiracy will allow Scion to fetch for any card in your deck

Things to keep in mind:
>Once Scion changes into another dragon you can't activate his ability again
>EtB effects don't work

If you go toolbox, Sunforger is a must-have, along with a good array of low-cost red/white spells (preferably white spells that matter more late-game because of the mana fixing issue).
>>
>>50292940
>le /tg/ elitism

at the very least only a group of fucking idiots would let panharmonicon stick around for any amount of time
>>
>>50292981
>>50293197
More:

Regardless of whether or not you go with recursion, you will have dragons in your graveyard.
>Living Death
>Bring to Light (which is not only a second Living Death, but also a second lots-of-other-things)

Steely Resolve is good but definitely not if you're going voltron because shroud

>Crux of Fate
>Tragic Arrogance because lolyouonlycareaboutonecreature

>Joiner Adept
(Since you're on a budget with land)

I think I'm done.
Also I know I used "him" a lot, but pretty sure Scion is more like a god-figure than a "him"
Just that good.

If you can't tell, I really like Scion
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50292335
Love this thing. It's like a reasonable Top.
Pic related is unimpressive for 1v1, but in political multiplayer EDH it's lots of fun.
>>
>>50293197
>>50293287
Do you have a decklist somewhere? I'm not the guy you've been replying to but am interested in changing from Karrthus.
>>
>>50293197
>>50293287
Thank you very much, I will keep that in mind. I even have a moltensteel dragon lying around here, and I shall start building the deck in january. Gonna order scion and some dragons by then.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure scion is male.
>>
>>50293102
Casuals don't understand the power of YagWin, since it exiles shit when they resolve. Still, I'd rather play the sorcery version, costs only half amount and isn't telegraphed.
>>
>>50292926
I think it's pretty clear-cut that warriors are loners in MtG and soldiers are part of organized forces. I'm not aware of any exceptions to this rule.
>>
>>50292335
Overrated without a lot of shuffling, which monogreen doesn't have a lot of. In more colours you have fetches but in that case you're also more likely to have black or blue to just draw those cards.
>>
>>50293446
it's an effect I would run more than one of in a deck, and probably try to have haste enablers. i run hall of the bandit lord in controly decks with a lot of activated abilities on creatures, and being able to grant haste outside of red is amazing. would recommend.
>>
>>50293373
I do but I'm on my phone and can't be arsed to find the exact link
Just go to tappedout.net/users/gilgamoosh and it should be a public deck.
Ignore the maybeboard. I use the maybeboard as both an actual maybeboard and an acquireboard because I like to see visually the things I don't have.
just use it as a reference though. It's a constant work in progress, and some of my previous iterations have actually played slightly better but I haven't reverted the decklist back yet.
>>
I just got my hands on the Plundering the Grave Meren of Clan Tel Noth deck and it seems pretty good on it's own. What can I add or take away to make it truly lethal?
>>
>>50292331
Hmm, why not try something fun like Norin the Wary
>>
>>50293754
oh someone noticed my post

i tried norin once on xmage and he just felt kinda boring and non-interactive. don't know what he's good for besides chaos or purphoros burn, and i don't really like either of those archetypes.

i think i want to play some kind of surgical group hug. not like "everyone gets free shit" but rather "if you do this thing for me, i'll give you free shit" and so on. you know, politics.

i do think red has a lot of fun cards but idk how to make a deck that uses them. maybe a mizzix deck that just plays goofy stuff? (not chaos though)
>>
>>50293304
Advocates are nice on multiplayer. "Hey have some cards my friend, let's be allies and fuck that nigga up"
>>
>>50292355
Haha, no. Saskia doesn't fix that problem. Almost ironically so considering how close her ability comes to just being a roundabout version of the hydraulic omnivore ability for everything which actually might have.
>>
>>50293713
Grave pact effects on creatures.
>>
>>50293304
Pulsemage Advocate is segrid teg :DDD
>>
>>50293826
I think the other anon was poking fun at you man, norin is the faggiest deck imaginable. Says alot about your autism that you missed it.

In seriousness, play a different UR or URx commander. Use the blue to force attacks and into general fuckery. Polymorpher's Jest, Reins of Power, Dulcet Sirens. In red make sure you play an enchant called War Cadence. If the x color is black play sudden spoiling.

Play Crown of Doom and Assault Suit. If you have flicker on a stick options, play Perplexing Chimera, if you have bounce play Willbender and the Naga morph that steals spells.

Playing politics is fun, but playing Tropico is more fun.
>>
>>50293826
Queen Marchesa politics?

Have tons of voting cards and play around the monarch mechanic, my group loved the introduction of the crown.
>>
>>50292940
except all of those cards are modern legal.
>>
follow up to this post: >>50293826

these are exactly the cards i want to run in a deck: >>50293875
>>50293304
asymmetrical help stuff

>>50293906
it might come as a shock to you but people enjoy different things and there are people who enjoy norin. there's no reason to expect that he was trolling (unless you're samefagging and calling me an autist for some reason)

i don't know if i want to go chaos but thanks for the advice anyway
>>
>>50291237
its easier to use myosynth lattice, ironworks/ashnods and go infinate mana
>>
>>50294109
what mycosynth combo are you talking about? and yeah, im putting displacer/deathmantle and ashnods alter/ironworks in as well for sure. but again, i want as many as possible in the deck.
>>
Does anyone else feel like Breya is a letdown?
>>
>>50294231
I feel like you're a letdown. I bet I'm not the only one either. Breya is fine
>>
Anyone got a neat bosh deck? The one I cobbled together is too damn slow. There isn't enough space for all the stuff I want to run.

Also good spellslinger izzet commanders? Melek looks cool
>>
>>50294231
The thing with Breya is that if you build her with very few ways to combo/find said pieces she feels very durdly and underwealming. If you build her with nothing but good stuff, she will probably be fine but deckbuilding will feel very cramped. With combo-oriented builds, she flows smoothly and can end games quick.
>>
>>50294231
Breya is fine, if boring because her power is so...up front. Her -4/-4 just makes her blase, it outright kills too much and makes a double activation a guarantee to fuck up anything you wanna do. She just leads to slow and steady control the board cruise control. I get the dismember inspiration but it should have just been -3/-3 and the gain life should have been 4 life. And since she is new everyone is just jamming the go-to cards to put in her deck right now so if you've played against one guy's Breya you've played against them all. That will change once people get bored of piloting those and branch out.

Thats how I feel about it at least. It sorts is a letdown but thats speaking from being the guy playing against the Breya decks, I'm sure most people who bought her to play her like her. She's perfectly crafted waifubait obviously.

8/10 pretty good
>>
>>50294277
raidmothers good, two for one is always good. just made one that ramps and land destruction. tokens and reverberates for copying spells, work towards three valakuts, land destroying, or cards that benifit from ramping lands like ground assault and landfall triggers. i call it "Raidmother who toils the Earth".
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50292335
Never seen anyone else play this in Mono decks for some reason
>>
>>50294454
oh wait you said izzet. been trying mizzix, gonna get more eldrazi spells that i can cast for free. also anything with buyback, flashback, kicker, poliferation so x spells can go nuts.
>>
>>50294277
I don't have a list so just general advice on how I'd build him. If you bought the Feldon precon you will have alot of the core cards you'd want to start a rough deck anyway, so if you haven't bought that look for it or look into a list of that deck and parse what you want from there.

You're 100 card breakdown will roughly be this: 1 Commander + 37~ Lands + 62 Spells.

First consider your commander. Bosh wants to chuck artifacts so try to prioritize around 40-45 of your spells being artifacts. That seems like alot but they will mostly serve double purposes as utility, then a boulder to chuck.

Mana Rocks - 10-12 cards, could be more if you wanna ensure Bosh repeat cast and general bigstuff. Don't be afraid to go into 4cmc add 2 butthole mana. Pyromancer's Gauntlet is tech. You can add mana dudes like sadbot and burnished hart to this group too if you want.

As much artifact recursion as you can - Deretti, Goblin Welder, Slobad, Trash for Treasure, Scrap Mastery, a slew of artifact creatures that return an artifact to hand on death.

Nice wincons to go with Bosh - Scuttling Doom Engine, Duplicate, Myr Battlesphere, (7cmc 7/7 golem from Origins, forgot name), Combustible Gearhulk, Wurmcoil, Spine of Ish Sah.

That still leaves room to add whatever you want.
>>
I need the most meme aetherflux resovior commander you guys can think of.
>>
>>50294495
The deck I threw together utilizes some of those cards you mentioned, mind if I post a decklist and you critique it? Thanks for your help BTW.
>>50294493
Cool, thank you
>>
>>50294333
Got any decklists for an optimal Breya build with combos?

Because eggs isnt working out for me.
>>
>>50294231
nah, im also let down. sacing two artifacts per activation is pretty brutal. i wouldve been more okay if her ability read "2, sacrifice an artifact: choose one-
-breya deals 2 damage to target player.
-target creature gets -3/-3.
-you gain 4 life."
>>
>>50294526
Sydri? Animate it then give it lifelink and shoot everyone. the thought of killing people with a giant living watertower is kinda funny.
>>
>>50291701
Token doubler + warstorm surge + sekki, that's a wincon. I never realized that before now...
>Target sekki with the surge trigger
>16 tokens
>Sac 8 to bring him back and repeat
>All the while you just got 16 warstorm triggers every cycle and 8 tokens
>>
>>50294533
go for it

>>50294577
I don't have a list because I don't play her but I'd keep my eggs package as just Auriok Salvagers, Trinket Mage, Sol Ring, EE, Skullclamp, the artifact lands (all 5 you can play), Pyrite spellbomb, Nihil Spellbomb, Aether Spellbomb. They are all still cards I'd want in a Breya deck anyway and they don't need to be a stupid long combo, just use them as recurring value. Spellbombs have their own abilities, all let you draw a card. The skullclamp can make your thoptors from Breya and other sources net cards. The lands are just free value that you have to accept if they ever get destroyed, but the Salvagers make her recoup halve the investment to activate Breya.

Breya's thoptors are a key thing. Use some thopter makers wotc has printed recently from Kaladesh and Origins. Whirler Rogue is a better version of the 0/3 from Kaladesh but play both. Hangerback Walker is also a must. I'd add in a Panharmonicon because the entire deck will have triggers up the ass if you are going a combo route.

Play as many of the gearhulks as you can sans the white one. Play all the signets you can and other 2cmc mana rocks. Shrine of loyal legions for more fodder. You could go real janky and get the module combo from kaladesh going in there.

That new card Grip of Phyrexia might be good, equips in general might be good. Sword of Feast and Famine can be great in a 4color deck, all the swords would be. All those thopters make great attackers with great equips (flying is easily the best 'common' keyword in the game).
>>
>>50294716
i mean you dont need the doubler, warstorm and sekki go infinite right there
>>
>>50294764
i wouldnt say all the gearhulks. black and maybe red are good for this deck. white will just fuck you up, and blue won't have enough reliable targets in the grave to be useful.

also there are some great 1 cmc artifacts and things you aren't mentioning. salvaging station is first off, if you run enough. other great cards are codex shredder, dispeller's capsule, executioner's capsule (makes a doomblade machine gun with salvaging station), expedition map (if you've got important utility lands like academy ruins or something), and my favourite weird one is voyager's staff. can double up on your own etbs, dodge spot removal and field wipes, can target and fuck up opponent's plans by targeting their creatures. all around great card.

depending how combo heavy you want your deck to be, I would say steer away from whiler rogues and the like, and focus on cards with the artifact type and recursion of artifacts, to make your combos more reliable.
>>
>>50294456

People don't want to make their opponents lands tap for double and they don't want to buy snow covered basics

I think it's worth it in either case though
>>
>>50294764

>grip of Phyresis

Card seems shit to me, although the flavor is pretty cool
>>
>>50294812
Oh yeah, true.
>>
>>50293713
Contamination, token generators and Sakura-Tribe Elder
>>
>>50293713
Grave Pact and Dic of Erebos are priority. Also recommend Fleshbag Marauder and Merciless Executioner. If you play Meren you gotta be that guy
>>
>>50291394
Smugglers copter

That shit happens in literally every single standard
>>
File: 1474419993945.jpg (24KB, 496x620px) Image search: [Google]
1474419993945.jpg
24KB, 496x620px
>>50295022
>mfw snow covered basic prices

I have an entire fat pack box of them, holy shit.
>>
File: GHh1UgC.jpg (218KB, 1920x1071px) Image search: [Google]
GHh1UgC.jpg
218KB, 1920x1071px
how do I make Triad of Fates good please help ill do anything
>>
I guess here is just a good a place as any. I'm working on a horde deck to be played in a casual EDH environment. I wanted to add a scheme deck to the side that has certain power cards that automatically go off when certain conditions are met. (First commander hits the board, etc. )

Thematically the deck is all zombies and zombie accessories. Any suggestions?
>>
>>50294764
>spellbombs
You need to pay mana to draw, so they are not really good, maybe only Nihil, since it can clear the grave of someone trying to abuse graves more than you.

>grip of phyresis
Kinda bad, equipments are not that abundant, so it can be a killer card against certain decks, but you would be better off a generalized artifat/permanent steal for a couple extra mana. Shrewd Negotiation for example, can trade your myr/thopter token for a Sol Ring, or your opponent's commander.
>>
>>50294764
https://deckstats.net/deck-11679997-3b53230be169626df78633fb516d98e4.html

sorry its not on tapped out, i didnt feel like punching in all 100 cards.
>>
>>50295050
grip is pure garbage, you are correct. My friends are all in awe of how cool it is and I'm sitting there thinking "this card is super shit in most metas"
>>
What are some targeting fuck you cards that I can use in Stalwart Unity? I'm looking to build it to be grouphug everyone's friend style until I can drop a few of em in one turn.
Things like Traumatize, Telemin Performance, That triple (?)red Sorcery that destroys all of one type of land, Natural Balance and so on.
>>
>>50295381
It's the Legacy bait card of C16.
>>
>>50295417
Crown of doom, dark depths + thespian stage to combo with tempt with discovery.
>>
>>50295381
>playing Breya semi-precon a few days ago
>swinging at a dude with lots of tokens, one with 30 power as it's equipped with a Cranial Plating and Loxodon
>have Myr Retriever and Shimmer Myr in play
>guy casts grip of phyresis targeting my cranial plating
>starts tapping BB to equip it to his Atraxa without even asking if it resolves.
>smug smile, I can tell he feels like a genius
>people laughing / praising the play all around the table
>point out it hasn't resolved yet
>sacrifice cranial plating and myr retriever to Breya
>cranial plating back in hand through retriever, flash it out and equip at instant speed to same token
>he gets hit and dies

Would have been the same result with any other removal, but discussing the card reminded me of this.
>>
>>50295575
and see he was just using it as removal, targeted creature destruction would have at least stopped the trample from the fuckhuge token
>>
>>50295595
I think the idea was to gain lots of life from the power increase it would give his atraxa, pushing him a bit further into safety.
>>
File: rakdos-lord-riots.jpg (53KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
rakdos-lord-riots.jpg
53KB, 243x348px
I wanna add in Dauthi Embrace (evasion for Rakdos) and Phyresis (alt wincon) into my Rakdos Reanimator deck.

What should I take out? Only cards I won't take out at Flowstone Flood. It really does pull it's weight when you get to discard big dudes and kill someone gaea's cradle.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-isnt-gimmicky/
>>
>>50295207
Let me buy them.
>>
>>50295207
aren't they like 20 for under $15? seems easy enough to make incremental payments, and i don't see the reason in investing
>>
File: 155.jpg (66KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
155.jpg
66KB, 336x469px
>>50294277

she helps keeping my hand full
>>
So since it has been awhile since the release. Which precons shine above the rest? I bought breya and im considering getting another
>>
>>50297572
What's the secret to a Jori build? Do I just slot in every <3 cmc instant and mana rock I can find, then Bolt+Counterspell my way to victory?
>>
>>50295980
>Only cards I won't take out at Flowstone Flood

Dude why. It discards a card at random. If you want to destroy lands there are better ways to do it in those colors.
>>
>>50292886
>metal_tits.jpg

I guess you could say she knows a thing or two from the school of hard knockers
>>
is bribery basically a shot in the dark? it seems like i'd have to fateseal or something to get the most out of it?
>>
>>50297967
>>
>>50292331
zedruu s the you
>>
>>50298014
I don't think you read bribery.
>>
>>50295980
Genuine question: Is this the most metal art in the game?
>>
>>50298014
What? Bribery searches for whole library
>>
File: Mogis, God of Slaughter_BNG.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mogis, God of Slaughter_BNG.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50298238
No this is
>>
>>50295209
I tried that already anon I really did. It just doesn't work, I tried building the deck as a B/W flicker deck with as much untap support as I could get. Triad is just way too slow, and I found the deck works much better if you just use obzedat as the commander.
>>
>>50297572
Jori is also a really good card for a yidris storm deck, along with that blue green legendary elf from kaladesh
>>
>>50298079
>>50298259
i meant isn't it a waste unless you know your meta?
>>
>>50290868

So, what's the verdict on the 2016 Commander Decks?
>>
I've heard conflicting opinions on pic related.

To me it seems pretty good. Yeah, it's basically a Suspend 3 Tutor, but you can also sacrifice the Clues it generates to draw cards in a pinch. Is it worth using up a slot in an EDH deck?
>>
>>50298336
Well, usually not. Most people run some creatures, and most likely you can guess contents of some decks based on the commander.
While some commanders aren't that obvious, some just scream what kind of strategies they play.
>>
>>50298336
If you don't know your meta, you can count on Consecrated Sphinx and Seedborn Muse
>>
>>50298488
If you are using a deck where artifact count matters or are strapped for card draw it's fine. If you really want the tutor effect ring of three wishes is alright.
>>
>>50298488
I like it in Breya, it makes tokens for her to sacrifice if needed. I just wish it tapped to make artifacts instead of only one per upkeep.
>>
Which commander provides the same agony on par with stasis / stax?
>>
>>50298488
It depends, I am using it in my Breya deck because artifacts matter and clue are easy sacrifice targets. Being able to tutor is more kind of a planeswalker ultimate.
>>
>>50298599

Well, I actually have a Tamiyo's Journal, which is why I was contemplating using it. Not really keen on buying individual cards.

>>50298605
>>50298617
>>50298599

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>50298611
Hanna is great. I run Auratog for stasis locks and Chronatog for others, such as Smokestack. It also works for Stasis
>>
>>50298635
Fair enough, I was just suggesting another colorless source that could tutor you whatever. Honestly an extra draw every turn will never be bad.
>>
My first crack at an Orc Tribal deck. Thoughts?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgo-warchief-of-the-horde/
>>
>>50298488
It's good for decks with shitty draw, who can't afford more powerful card-draw Artifacts.

So like, Boros. Or perhaps Mono-White.
>>
>>50298867

Considering I was messing around with a Nahiri deck, it'll fit right in.
>>
Keranos as a commander, yes/no?

He's got cool art and the idea of him whipping lightning bolts at opponents each turn is pretty neat.

Why is mizzix one of the only good izzet commanders?
>>
>>50299123
Keranos is fun if you like to be nothing but control.

Get your Keranos out. Then do nothing but sit back and be reactive as you swim in card advantage and random bolts.
>>
>>50299123
Keranos is a good value engine, for better or worse he doesn't give much to build around. If you just want to do general Izzet control stuff then he's good, all the other izzet commanders focus pretty much entirely on spellslinging or combo.
>>
File: IMG_5839.jpg (285KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5839.jpg
285KB, 1280x853px
>untap metalworker 4 times in a turn to add over 80 mana by accident

this card is unacceptable I never played artifacts until Breya came out
>>
>>50293473

>He doesn't run fetches in Mono G
>>
>>50299175
welcome to the artifact master race

metalworker was banned for a while, you came in at the right time
>>
File: Sygg.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sygg.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>50290868
>Underappreciated Commanders
Never see anyone play her and I can't remember the last time I saw someone talk about her on here, but fish get results. All the fun of agro with all the utility of UW. Good stuff.
>>
>>50291226
>99 singleton

what about the like 30 lands?
>>
File: Danse Magic Danse.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Danse Magic Danse.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50298268
Cute cow, bro
>>
File: 20161118_215109.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161118_215109.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Out of the four in the bottom row, which commander should I focus on building next base on the ones I have already?
>>
File: 136.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
136.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>50299224
Yeah, everyone uses the exact same lands all the time always in every single deck ever.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50290868

Did someone say S A P R O L I N G S??????

EDH is the only format I can really live the saproling dream. Almost no one knows that this guy exists and everyone needs to read him, but I love him.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Just recently started playing. Does spellstutter sprite enter play and THEN trigger the counterspell? Can I counter a 2 cmc spell when I only have 1 fairy before casting spellstutter?
>>
>>50299157
>>50299170
That's basically how I built him. All the good shit in Izzet colors with card draw and endless hate. There's no real wincon unfortunately besides casting omniscience k just good old fashion burn. Any good wincon ideas?
>>
>>50299242
If it helps decide, Odric's probably gonna be Voltron/Tokens, Kruphix is gonna be the usual draw cards and create infinite mana, Marchesa would be Pillowfort/Control, and Sidisi is U/B Zombie tribal with a splash of green for coverage
>>
>>50299274
If your playgroup doesn't mind combo wins:

>Firemind's Foresight
>Lightning Bolt
>Reset
>Reiterate
>>
>>50299269

Yes, Sprite etbs, triggering the counterspell, and counts herself
>>
So how many wrath effects do you run, /edhg/?
>>
>>50299269
>>50299337
But be careful, they can respond to the counter trigger and kill the sprite/whatever other faeries you have so you can no longer counter the spell.
>>
>>50299242
Sidisi can be pretty fun.
>>
>>50299242
I'd go for the Queen, but I love super defensive decks.
>>
>>50292725

>Soul Ring ban
Good thing my Sol Rings are safe, then. :^)
>>
File: 1478702564334.gif (685KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1478702564334.gif
685KB, 500x281px
>>50294611
But then that would make her too easy to break. I know 2 artifacts is a steep cost but at least it doesn't turn her into an obvious degenerate commander like prosh or derevi
>>
>there are people who actually think WotC would ban sol ring when they have gone way out of the way to make sure everyone has a ton of them
>>
>>50299534
alright thanks
>>
File: 1478357904277.jpg (44KB, 460x574px) Image search: [Google]
1478357904277.jpg
44KB, 460x574px
>>50299209
>>50299175
I play artifacts but i would never understand why it got unbanned. It's so fucking good that it gives the controller a huge chance of winning.
>>
>>50299516

At least 10.
>>
File: 1477008449199.png (280KB, 3388x3638px) Image search: [Google]
1477008449199.png
280KB, 3388x3638px
>>50299766
I expect a ban following introduction of Star Hoop, a sol ring that comes into play tapped.
>>
File: desire to know more.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
desire to know more.gif
940KB, 627x502px
Let's settle it once and for all /tg/. How do you prefer your Commander names to appear on card?

>John Smith
>John Smith, the _____
>John Smith of _______
>John Smith, _____
>>
>>50299516

Depends

I had a creatureless rakdos deck with 10 wraths + vandalblast and shattering spree

I have a GW creatures deck with only elesh norn for killing multiple creatures, but it has bane of progress and fracturing gust too

Mono u control deck has only cyc rift and evac, which does seem low
>>
>>50299886
>first and last
John Smith of _____
>one name
Smith, the _____
>>
>play against some guy's atraxa deck
>he drops myojin of night's reach
>activates at end of draw step
>>
>>50299886
Anything but the first, really. Legendaries need titles.
>>
>>50299867
>what is worn powerstone
>>
File: 134.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>50299175
I know that feel. Metalworker is absolutely obscene, I have literally no idea why they unbanned it. Especially when there is so much documented history of the intrinsic bullshit that comes with an artifact deck.
>>
>>50292217
Or bloodmoon
>>
File: Sygg, River Cutthroat_SHM.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sygg, River Cutthroat_SHM.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>50299218
Definitely not a girl.

I used to play sygg river guide as one of my first decks, tried to play him as equipment voltron.

It's disassembled.

I want river cutthroat as a general now though.
>>
>>50299766
>WotC
>Banning anything in EDH
>>
File: my boy.jpg (108KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
my boy.jpg
108KB, 1080x1920px
>>50290868
Pic related

>>50299886
John smith, ________
>>
>>50300082
>tried to play him as equipment voltron.
Why not just Merfolk tribal? It's really good.
>>
>>50299988
>3 cost
>>
File: 1473313539320.png (177KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
1473313539320.png
177KB, 540x721px
>>50300115
http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/commander
>>
>>50300130
Look at the other 3 drop mana rocks and find me another that produces 2 mana. WPS is great.
>>
>>50300139
that ban list isn't run by wizards, it's created by the rules committee, a bunch of judges who work on the format interdependently of WotC
>>
File: face.png (4KB, 185x186px) Image search: [Google]
face.png
4KB, 185x186px
>>50300115
but...
>>
>>50300129
Never a fan of merfolk.
>>
File: Cathy Bates Disapproves.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cathy Bates Disapproves.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>50300151
>It's not them, it's someone who does it for them and they just enforce it and design around it and host the list in their site and talk about bans in articles and won't put banned cards in precons
>>
>>50300192
Wizards of the coast respects their ban list. They made the EDH format without WotC's help
>>
File: Circu, Dimir Lobotomist_RAV.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist_RAV.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>50290868
Underappreciated commanders condition

Do any of you have secret tech for this guy?
>>
>>50300265
Petals of Insight + an infinite mana combo.
>>
File: IMG_1662.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1662.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Sup /tg/ so I'm new to this deck building thing and magic in general so I'm not super framiler with all the cards outside of the newer sets. I've picked up Axtra as a commander and I'm going for a eldrazi/horror themed deck. How do I make this work and stick to the theme? I want to keep the 4 colours so I can use all my fun emerge cards.

Thanks
>>
>>50300582
>I've picked up Axtra as a commander and I'm going for a eldrazi/horror themed deck
Why? There's no synergy there at all.
>>
>>50300192
Just me spitballing here, but I think WotC adopting the term Commander was to legally seperate them from the creators of EDH. (Seems kinda obvious, really).

So while EDH and Commander might seem the same thing, they aren't really on paper. EDH is the original format "coined" by Sheldon and Commander is the officially sanctioned version that WotC wants you to use.

Not really sure where I was going with this, but Sheldon Menery sucks and they should take over control of the banlist from him and his "team".

Hopefully over time the term EDH fades into obscurity and Sheldon does too, ushering Commander into a new age.

And I say this as someone who used to be extremely adamant about always referring to it as EDH as that was the original term. If forgetting it means forgetting Sheldon, go for it.

It's 6am, sorry.
>>
Just bought the Breed Lethality deck. Did I make a good choice?
>>
>go to card shop
>play with a group
>blood moon
>they get mad at me

why do people do this? do people really expect other to just let their deck go off without doing something to stop it or win? this isnt a "no rush until 30" format, why do people get upset when you try to win?
>>
>>50300582
you probably want some creatures that like going to the graveyard, and some creatures that help you manipulate and place counters.

There's not much synergy outside of the colors, though.
>>
>>50300629
Nobody likes being unable to do stuff. They are, however, a bunch of big babies who need to run more basics.
>>
File: 74.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
What does /edh/ think of this card?
>>
>>50300603
More likely it is the grey area of having another IP directly referenced in your product name.
>>
>>50300656
It's fair, IMO.
>>
>>50300598
>>50300631
She's really just for the colours and for the horror theme don't really have an idea of if I have a better option.
>>
>>50300656
The art is cool but that's about it.
>>
>>50300656
its ok
>>
>>50297834
Not ways that keep coming back. Its put in so much work for me that I love it.

Unless there's a creature variant with built in recursion, I'd rather have this
>>
>>50300598
Don't shit on his parade.

He wants a visual theme, not a mechanical theme. There's nothing wrong with that.

>>50300598
Either way, there's a LOT of cards with scary art, so pick out the best you can find among those and pilot that.

Both the innistrad sets feature heavy horror, zendikar obviously does as well, and the scars of mirrodin block.

Other than that there's a lot of older sets that feature a lot of phyrexians and evil shit, like the original Urza's block and specifically Invasion / Apocalypse.

As for synergy, you can play things that care about tribal synergies without referring to specific tribes.

Obviously it seems like the deck would have a bias towards black. Lots of black spells with horrible art on too.

One great tip to building your deck is to not only look at cards, but look at different printings of the cards you find interesting. Many cards have completely different art, particularely noncreature spells and some would fit the theme far better.
>>
File: sword wall.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sword wall.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50298238
This card is far more metal.
>>
File: Anthem of Rakdos_DIS.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Anthem of Rakdos_DIS.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>50298238
There are more metal arts.

Look at pic related
>>
is infect killing at 10 balanced in EDH assuming playing in a group of 4?
>>
>>50300760
infect is not balanced for commander at all.
>>
>>50300759
CRINGE
>>
>>50300770
why?
>>
>>50300656
would it work with necrotic ooze after its removed creatures before it died? other than that sounds like a good anti graveyard for a low to no creature deck on paper.
>>
>>50300760
Yes, yes it is.

Infect is used as a cap to stop lifegain decks from dominating the meta. Same with commander damage.
>>
File: 1327783600000.jpg (23KB, 422x362px) Image search: [Google]
1327783600000.jpg
23KB, 422x362px
>can't decide between dicking around on xmage or playing Titanfall
FUCK
>>
>>50300806
Go play titanfall
>>
>>50300760
Yeah, it's not more unbalanced than hermit druid, doomsday, dedicated storm decks, stasis or any other top tier strategy.

In fact, it's really fucking terrible in comparison.

Now, I find it REALLY unfun when someone randomly puts Tainted Strike on a +9 power creature, or attacks with a hasted 10 power skithiryx, but that's just a personal opinion, not something regarding balance.
It might as well have been a commander and Hatred for a OHKO.

Now I don't play with anything of the above since I don't enjoy it, but some people do.
>>
>>50300795
Because it's a mechanic based around a typical 20 life format that keeps lifegain decks in check.

Commander already has a mechanic to keep lifegain decks in check, and Infect cuts HP of a regular deck to 1/4 instead of 1/2, which is absurd.

Nobody here will agree with me though, because I'm a filthy casual who doesn't like getting oneshotted by hasty blightsteel outta nowhere.
>>
>>50300760
I think it's fine. Self-policing in a group is the best way to combat a threat, and you'd better believe you're going to get laser focused out if you drop an Infect threat without protection or evasion
>>
File: massive ass faggot.jpg (47KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
massive ass faggot.jpg
47KB, 1440x1080px
>>50300870
>requires at least 12 mana
>out of nowhere
>>
>>50300895
>implying there aren't ways of dropping a blightsteel really early
>>
File: 218.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
218.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>50300895
>implying 12 mana
>implying out of nowhere isn't a thing

I see you've never met the funnest enchantment ever printed
>>
>>50300906
>out of nowhere

That seems to be out of a Sneak Attack.
>>
>>50300906
>someone drops sneak attack
>no one at the table immediately blows it up

you should have just said your play group was retarded from the beginning anon
>>
>>50300953
>everyone always has the answer all the time
what magical christmasland world is your LGS, anon
>>
>>50300906
>sneak attack blightsteel

That would happen a grand total of a single time in my play group before everyone put in answers in their deck for it. That would not even be hard to deal with.
>>
File: lost legacy.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
lost legacy.png
141KB, 223x311px
Thoughts on Lost Legacy?
>>
File: Yukora, the Prisoner_BOK.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Yukora, the Prisoner_BOK.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>50298238
More metal art here.

Literally a megadeath album cover
>>
>>50300987
Absolutely worthless?

Praetor's Grasp or Sadistic Sacrament is far superior.
>>
File: megadeath.jpg (194KB, 736x840px) Image search: [Google]
megadeath.jpg
194KB, 736x840px
>>50300990
Well look at that
>>
When Saskia has lifelink and her ability goes on the stack, does her gaining life go in the stack as well?
>>
>>50300987
I like stained glass windows
>>
>>50300760
Infect is fine because outside of cards like tainted strike or grafted exoskeleton you are forced to play with underwhelming creatures so it balances out.
>>
>>50301148
No, lifelink doesn't use the stack. You just gain life when the damage trigger resolves.
>>
Is it possible to make a viable Breya deck without infinite combos?
>>
File: trostani-selesnyas-voice.jpg (50KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
trostani-selesnyas-voice.jpg
50KB, 243x348px
I have pic related and Craterhood Behemoth. What's a F U N deck that uses both?
>>
>>50301410
put craterhoof in trostani deck
>>
>>50294231
Tamiyo journal and myr turbine. Plus ashnods altar and sword of the meek with thopter foundry is always fun
>>
>>50299175
Does she have autism
>>
>>50299332
You're gonna have to walk me through this as a wincon
>>
>>50301656
>cast reset
>copy it with reiterate, buyback
>do this until you are satisfied with your 9999999999999 mana
>cast lightning bolt
>do this until everyone is dead
>>
>>50301672
Got it, hmm I like it . Definitely will put into the deck. Thanks anon!
>>
>>50301693
best part is that it is all instant speed.

Worst part is that you have to cast reset on someone elses turn.
>>
File: ludevic.jpg (217KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
ludevic.jpg
217KB, 850x473px
Why don't you love me edhg...

Not all magic cards are created equally, and I have great lore and flavor.

Just...give me a second chance
>>
>>50301857
>superfriends deck plays ludevic
>my Phyrexian Arena now draws me two cards each turn

It's ok, I love you. You're absolutely god awful, but I love you. On the other side of the board.
>>
>>50301857
The deck I built around you and your little goblin friend Vial Smasher is pretty good, in my opinion. Sure, he does a lot of the work up-front, but you're always there in the back, making sure I don't run out of spells to cast.
>>
>>50292246
some of your artifact choices are subpar. ghirapur orrery, expedition map, profane memento, rogue's gloves. you really want to be running between 15 and 20 mana rocks of some kind anyway, so you can get to your commander and big eldrazi early.
>>
So this dumb bitch exists to dome people for 8 through Treasure Cruise and Dig Through Time. I'm pairing her with Thrasios for obvious reasons but the question is do I build it more like I would build 100 card singleton Delver or janky big ass spells that can be cast for cheap.

The former would smash really hard through Empty the Pits or Logic Knot and superior card advantage while the later would dome retards casting strong shit by throwing Commandeer at them.
>>
>>50302018
Forgot her already.
>>
>EDH night at shop
>400 pound weeb dude shows up an hour late with a bag full of snacks and drinks
>drinks 2 of pic in a single game and a bag of chips
>says "i'll be right back between games"
> comes back 20 minutes later with two brownie mixes that he bought next door
>gathers up his stuff and leaves
>>
>>50298238
>>50300724
i'm pretty sure OG crucible of worlds art depicts the entire plane of mirrodin
>>
>>50302297
>OG crucible of worlds art depicts the entire plane of mirrodin
Accurate

Also it's based Ron Spencer art which you just can't say no to
>>
>>50301871
>my phyrexian arena draws two cards
But that's wrong. Unless you donate Ludeshit, you're not getting shit.
>>
>>50302328
>On the other side of the board

No shit. I love Ludevic when someone other than me is playing him.
>>
>>50302309
Everything Ron Spencer makes is the classic version
>>
>>50302342
Apprently I can't read, sorry about that.
I wish someone would play him, so I would also benefit from him.
Then again, there's one retard who turned his combo mizzet into mishmash of huggy chaos shit
>>
>>50302366
I mean, he seems like he would fit in a group hug deck, since it promotes people hurting each other and not you in order to get a card advantage, which you have hopefully built a deck around using.

Kinda like a slightly lower impact Edric. Doesn't make them attack with ALL their creatures, but they only draw one card.

Have a friend who made a gaybro group hug deck and he uses ludevic, edric, howling mine, cards that give everyone tokens etc.

One game he casts Minds Aglow, using 4 mana on the "draw" effect. Another player joins in adds 4 more cards, then another for 2. So everyone draws 10, in addition to all the other huge amount of draw he has given us, then he drops Vicious Shadows and a Blasphemous Act for R.
Instantly killed everyone, group hug can work at times.
Cards like Insurrection are also great, people ignore you to get huge benefits, kill all the other players, then suddenly they die to their own minions.
>>
>>50302424
I haven't got him, only deck out of C16 I'm plannin to build is Yidris.
I got Tibor&Lumia as my Izzet, but thinking of scavenging it.
>>
File: Shekeloyf.jpg (36KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Shekeloyf.jpg
36KB, 223x311px
Sup /tg/, I pulled a Goyf at GP Dallas, a Verdurous Gearhulk this morning, and bought the Atraxa deck earlier tonight. New to commander, and I want to spruce up the deck with my pulls as well as the Stoneforge promo I got from the GP. Any glaringly good cards I should add? Pictures welcome.
>>
>>50302552
Goyf is god awful in EDH, you're aware of that right?
>>
File: Atraxa_Praetors_Voice.jpg (210KB, 2047x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Atraxa_Praetors_Voice.jpg
210KB, 2047x1502px
>finally played my new Atraxa deck with my own customized deck
>winning with 5 ulted walkers on my board state
>winning with an 68/68 Atraxa and 150/150 Managorger Hydra on the other game

Winning those 2 out of 4 games are still satisfying, I am pleased with this deck.
>>
>>50302578
Luminarch Ascension seems cool, thanks
>>
>>50302065
Was that you? Did you describe yourself?
>>
>>50302552
You're better off without Goyf in EDH, unless you play french. Cheap vanilla is still a vanilla.
>>
>>50302578

>god awful

Not really, you can do a lot worse than goyf
>>
>>50300870
What idiots like you don't understand is that Infect isn't designed around dealing half of 20, it's built around dealing 10 damage. Just because the life totals have gone up in EDH doesn't mean the number or power of infect creatures has gone up.

I've tried to build infect decks in EDH and it just doesn't work. There aren't enough cards to support it. There are plenty of decks like The Mimeoplasm that has turning The Mimeoplasm into an infect creature with 10 or more power, but that's just a wincon in a The Mimeoplasm deck. It's not an "infect deck".

Infect is just another win con in EDH, and not even a particularly good one.

Like, are you telling me you've never been killed "out of nowhere" by any other win condition? What makes getting killed by a Blightsteel "out of nowhere" any different? I'll tell you. There isn't anything. You're just, as you say, a filthy casual.
>>
>>50302802
Goyf doesn't even pass the vanilla test in EDH

Serra Ascendant is better than Goyf in EDH and Serra Ascendant sucks balls
>>
>>50298611
Hokori IS stax as a commander. C'mon
>>
File: Kraum, Ludevic's Opus_C16.jpg (35KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Kraum, Ludevic's Opus_C16.jpg
35KB, 223x311px
God this art is bad
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.