[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 81

File: 47.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
Deck Archetypes that Need More Colors Edition

Old Thread: >>50268544

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>inb4 muh urza card when
>>
File: Arc-Slogger_MR.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Arc-Slogger_MR.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>50280100
>deck archetypes that need more colors

Self -exile needs more love
>>
>>50280175
Considering exile is sacrosanct and Wizards will never mess with it it should be on better effects than R exile TEN to shock.
>>
>>50280236
Indeed, because after all we don't want to get to yugioh levels of bullshit where the exile is your third hand.
>>
>>50280489
If only, long gone are the times of even getting to use exile as a second hand in YGO. Closest to that nowadays is a Pot of Greed that has a exile ten cards face-down from the top of the deck as an extra cost.
>>
File: Obstinate Familiar_OD.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Obstinate Familiar_OD.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
first for zada
>>
>>50280530
Calling bullshit. Elemental dragons were the only banish archetype to get significantly hit by the ban list and thats made up by pendulums having a second graveyard.
>>
>>50280665
They were the last deck to use banish zone because back then Return from the Different Dimension was still at 1. After that they pulled all exile interacting good cards.

And that was a good two years or three ago if I'm not wrong. Though we have Psy-Frame Omega and Shiranuis that are playable to some extent nowadays.
>>
>>50279268
Is Queen Marchesa really a rattlesnake? Won't people be tempted to steal monarch with a small evader to get a card draw and then give it up when an assassin comes attacking?
>>
>tfw forgot my elesh norn at my LGS

fuck. I mean there is a chance that I will get her back since we are a pretty small playgroup full of regulars and everyone knows that it's mine but still.

Any of you ever lost something?
>>
File: IMG_2642.jpg (45KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2642.jpg
45KB, 223x310px
I'm a relatively casual player who mostly plays at his LGS. There's a good mix of player types and personalities there, but there are a few really obnoxiously spikey and competitive players that show up. There's nothing wrong with being a spike or competitive, I have fun playing with plenty of players that are, but these guys are pretty awful. They'll go on and on about how "cute" a janky deck that goes off is, in a really derisive way, they get embarrassingly angry when they misplay or are even outplayed and openly talk about how they can't believe they're loosing to inferior players, and then proceed to mop the floor with them anyway.

Of course, these guys play super expensive, over the top tryhard decks. Animar, Leovold, Narset, Meren, the works. And they've got all the shiny toys, original duals, Mana Crypt, Crucible of worlds, The Mirrodin swords, Jitte, etc.

Something I've noticed is that they get super tilted whenever someone breaks their toys. I got an early Aura Shards out and could only target a Sol Ring (Kaladesh version of course), so I did. I swear, dude nearly packed up. He was so damn mad.

So my question is this: Is there a way to create an effective Wallet Hate deck? I just want to break as many of their precious toys as possible. Winning is nice, but I'm really just looking to troll these guys and see how much money I can put in their graveyard. I don't want to be too disruptive to the people at the table that I do like. I mean obviously I want to win, but not at the expense of the fun of people who don't suck, so I kinda want to avoid symmetrically oppression like JAAIV or Stax, but at this point I'll try whatever.

I just want to say again that I have no problem with competitive, spikey players in general, these kids just have really rotten attitudes and it's funny to watch them embarrass themselves by getting really tilted.

Pic mostly unrelated, but has fun flavor text.
>>
Why is MTG Info's "Did You Mean" function so god fucking awful?
>>
Any good artifact tribal type decks? I live being an artificer but I don't want to play combo wombo like everyone. Someone recommended golems but what commander should I use?
>>
File: 11[1].jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11[1].jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50280236
>exile is sacrosanct
Well, it was until Battle For Zendikar, anyway.
BFZ as a whole has to be the worst designed set Wizards has released since... fucking Homelands, probably. Fucking Devoid, too, that was garbage. Such a massive disappointment.
>>
>>50281053
Make Ruric Thar Primal Surge with all creatures with the exception of a few fuck you cards like Omen Machine, Possibility Storm, Asceticism, and Lurking Predators.
>>
>>50280900
She herself is a deathtoucher and she spits out more of them when you're not the monarch so yes, I'd call her a rattlesnake. If they happen to have a small evader to grab monarch, sure, they can draw more resources to attack the other players, which is sort of the point of the deck anon was asking about.
>>
>>50281095
Are there any commanders that just straight up buff artifacts? Not as far as I remember. But there's nothing saying you can't take a commander that's typically played as a combo engine and just make a more straight forward deck with them. I'd check out Sydri or Memnarch.
>>
>>50281053
The problem you are going to face is that expensive cards are expensive becauase they are high reward and low risk. In short, hating out a few of their cards still leaves behind the other 60 one-card wincons in their deck.

It's not enough to just inconvenience them, you need to be doing something proactive while they stumble.

Another unfortunate problem is that hate cards against expensive decks often punish budget decks worse because budget decks are going to inherently generate fewer resources to work with.
>>
>>50280162
Isn't Blind Seer Urza?
>>
File: best_waifu.jpg (119KB, 683x1170px) Image search: [Google]
best_waifu.jpg
119KB, 683x1170px
>>50280933
>leaving a waifu behind.
What's it like being a degenerate?
>>
File: marchesa-the-black-rose.jpg (115KB, 410x568px) Image search: [Google]
marchesa-the-black-rose.jpg
115KB, 410x568px
>>50281053
if you really want to make a tryhard playing expensive cards mad, build a deck that uses tons of steal effects. there are a few options for this archetype, like memnarch, old marchesa, generic izzet spellslinging, but i have no idea what is the most viable for it.

point is, they have to give away their 300 dollar cards for you to handle with your greasy fingers, which is going to make them very upset

you could also play something like edric and just counterspell literally everything they do for the entire game
>>
File: 1346178477268.jpg (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1346178477268.jpg
9KB, 205x246px
>>50280933
>Started playing MTG during the Mirrodin block
>First pack I opened I pulled a sword of fire and ice
>went back 10 minutes later
>never seen again
>mfw
>>
>>50281180
The only one I know is Jor kadeen, who I used in my myr tribal.

Unfortunately myr lack an actual wincon so the deck was more "artifact goodstuff with myr stapled on"
>>
So I'm thinking Reaper King is the way I'll go for Timesifter.dec. So far the combo looks like Timesifter + Command Beacon + Crucible of Worlds with some way to manipulate the top card to put my expensive commander on top if my library every turn and take all the turns. Isochron Scepter with a Brainstorm on it, Scroll Rack, and Jace the Mind Sculptor seem like the easiest ways to manipulate the top card, but if anybody else can think of any other repeatable ways to put a card from your hand on top, as much redundancy as possible would be nice. Having Reaper King as the commander also let's me run Bringer of the Black and White Dawns for tutoring and artifact recovery. Besides all the tutors and some other really high CMC cards to put on top, any other suggestions?

And no, I don't expect this to be good, but it will be really funny if it ever goes off. Maybe just build it grouphug style and have this as my ridiculous ridiculous win condition?
>>
>>50280933
How do you forget cards at the shop? Were you drunk?
>>
>>50281236
I was in a rush to get my drive home early and thought I packed everything in. Turns out I didn't and probably left her lying on the table while everyone else was focused on their game. That or I didn't search my pockets well enough.
>>
>>50281341

See:
>>50281350

I usually always double check if I have anything but today is just not my day.
>>
>>50281053
related to this, do EDH spikes know that no one likes them? it seems like 90% of the people who play EDH are cool dudes who just want to have fun and want others to have fun as well, but then that last 10% of people just absolutely NEEDS to win every game and doesn't care that they have to play the same tutor solitaire for it every time.

they are almost always assholes too. it's always either condescension or general passive aggressiveness. they unironically act like kaiba in yugioh or something
>>
>>50281350
Maybe more specifically what he was askinf, and the hat I'm confused about, is how you left just her somehow. Was she in a deck? Did you take her out to show everyone your wife and then forget to put her back wherever she was? How would that one card get left? And what kind of degenerate puts cards in their pockets for storage?
>>
>>50281375
*if I have everything, I'm begining to think that I'm drunk.
>>
>>50281279
went back where

where were you

was this in an lgs? did you go to the bathroom? did you leave your cards lying around on a table in a public place? the fuck are you trying to say senpai
>>
>>50281053
Just wait for them outside the store one night and rob them at gun point, or play that one blue nigger who steals shit
>>
>>50281157
I like the idea in theory, but again, that's pretty symmetrical. Still, worth considering. Thanks.

>>50281201
Yeah, these are exactly the problems I'm running into. The last one I'm especially concerned about, because I want to try to avoid punishing the other people at the table. I'm not the weakest or most casual player there, by any means, and I'd like to try to preserve their fun.

>>50281273
Now this is something I'd never considered as I tend to avoid blue, where most of the thievery shit is. I'm totally behind this idea though and I like the way you think. So tell me, what's your dorito fingerprint secret tech?
>>
>>50281381
>stop having the wrong type of fun
>>
>>50281386
Pockets, deck boxes, you know what I meant. I had her in a extra pile which I put in a extra deck box. Was showing that pile to someone else, then showed her to someone again and I still remember having her after that. Then I notice I have only five more minutes left to get to the bus station, pack up and leave without looking back. My mistake. I think theft is unlikely because there were more valueable cards in the pile and we are only seven regulars that show up to play every week so I kind of trust the people there.
>>
>>50280933
Never lost anything but during the Avacyn Restored prerelease I was talking deckbuilding with a kid there he ended up leaving before the tournament was over. I found his Treva the Renewer sitting on the table, and I haven't seen him at the store since. Maybe one day I'll be able to give it back to him.
>>
File: alibaba.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
alibaba.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>50281467
it is unironically and quite objectively the wrong type of fun if everyone else is having a bad time because of you

it's fine if you play spike edh with other broken brained edh spikes, but don't bring that shit to a casual table and act all enlightened by your ability to beat vampire tribals with your win-turn-2 animar combo deck
>>
>>50281544
You sound pretty autistic honestly. I bet you try and ban stuff in your play group without even trying to figure out how to beat it too
>>
>>50281607
not the alibaba anon but spike detected
>>
>>50281621
Not even a spike. I just do not think I am better than someone who likes because I refuse to use whatever tools are available to me especially when playing at a LGS
>>
>>50281208
>thatsthejoke.bmp
>>
>>50281647
I can understand both points of view but here is the problem
>to build the anti-spike/wallet warrior deck you lose the ability to deal with the majority of edh decks
The main problem is spikes taking 20 minute turns playing solitaire spoiling the game for everyone else. We had a guy in our local game store group who we unilaterally told him tone it down a bit or dont expect to play because all his decks but one involve turn two or three combos. also
>EDH
>Hyper Competitive
Choose one
>>
>>50281725
Then don't play at an LGS that is open to anyone you actual autist. Find a play group thats nothing but casuals.
>>
>>50281607
Kind of the opposite of autistic actually. The spikes who ignore the social contract are the autists and the casuals who complain about the power differential are the normalfags.
>>
Thats the problem, if you buiild a "fun deck" aka jellyfish tribal you end up as potato. If you build a competitive deck everyone bands against you.
>>
>>50281785
I'm kind of new to the format but I think I will just build grouphug decks that do not care about winning and are fun for everyone. If I want to win I just play modern or legacy.
>>
>>50281350
>putting cards in pockets

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1461539686191.jpg (11KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
1461539686191.jpg
11KB, 392x243px
>>50281414
>So tell me, what's your dorito fingerprint secret tech?

memnarch is probably very good, but he comes with a dose of artifact autism and he also draws a shitload of hate. but he can steal any permanent instead of just creatures. sadly, by showing him in your command zone people are going to know you intend to steal shit, and that's bad. in my opinion, it's better that the steal effects come out of nowhere (ie. your hand, not the battlefield) so these mega spikes will just play right into your stealing.

in my experience old marchesa is incredibly janky so i wouldn't recommend him.

you could also do mizzix with a focus on threaten effects and stuff like bazaar trader and conjurer's closet to let you keep the creatures for good. mizzix would let you cast those expensive spells like blatant thievery and bribery for extra cheap. could work very well and could be fun.

i have no idea if it would work, here's another fun idea: azorius enchantments. put in all the mind control style enchantments, then put in tons of enchantment synergy. you can also flicker, copy and recur your enchantments with azorius colors to get extra value out of them.

the main problem with all steal decks is that stealing stuff generally doesn't really help you win, so you do need to think of some wincon stuff to put in or just deal with the fact that you probably won't win much
>>
>>50280933
Only once during a conspiracy draft. Drafted gratuitous violence and I have no idea where it disappeared to. I had a close call during a kaladesh prerelease where I thought I lost my red card pool but I was dumb and just slapped it inside the box in a really small pocket. Happened again this last Saturday where I thought I lost cards for a deck because my opponent had the same sleeves as me.

Also back when I played scars and Innistrad standard I played a white blue deck and I have no idea where half of that deck is today. I still have the money cards from it though
>>
File: tumblr_o3lg4rETJ11u9beo8o1_1280.png (345KB, 622x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3lg4rETJ11u9beo8o1_1280.png
345KB, 622x424px
Fellow EDH Players, a few questions:

-What kind of EDH formats do you play?
(Usurper, Emperor, Star Magic, Horde, Planeschase, Standard Multiplayer FFA, Other)

-If it's a team format, what 'role' or deck do you bring to the team? (Control, Aggro, Combo)

-How would you encourage a FNM Standard or Modern player to get into EDH?

-What is the worst color combination for an EDH commander? (Worst as in will not win games, not on its difficulty to play against)
How would you fix it to make it more competitive?

Me:
-I play Horde Magic mostly, Usurper and Planeschase are next most played.
-When I do team games, I usually try to control with Roon if the other players are super competitive, or combo with Experiment Kraj if they are casual.
-I'd say that EDH is a fun format to take old Standard decks and try to breathe new life into them. I turned an old Astral Slide deck into a prototype for Roon, gave me the feels for a more simple time.
-Boros is pretty limited in its use: Turn Sideways or Land Hate. They should do something like Searing Meditation on a commander to encourage more variety. Also, something for dealing damage whenever damage is prevented by an instant or sorcery you control. There's plenty of "must attack if able" effects in Red plus direct damage spells, why not make a commander who is basically a Deflecting Palm on a body?
>>
>>50281759
As always, it depends on the LGS and who the odd-man-out is. If it's a spikey meta, the casual would do well to find another one. If it's majority casual, the spike shouldn't sulk and whine that there are social repercussions for ignoring the social contract.
>>
>>50281875
Guess what, that gets a similar amount of hate because you're dragging out the game and/or trying to claim a "victory" by kingmaking.
>>
>>50281945
english isn't my first language, I spazzed out, sorry. Meant deck box. I had her in a box with some other cards, a friend of mine looked at her, put her back on the table and apparently I left her there, fuck.
>>
>>50281759
lmao

you are so oblivious of your own autism

>Find a play group thats nothing but casuals.

that's literally what everyone did. you're the one walking into the group with a deck that doesn't match the rest of the table at all. if you're the only one playing a spikey deck then you need to fix your shit, not the fucking table. once again, don't play spikey shit with casuals, and don't play casual shit with spikes. it shouldn't be hard to understand that.

there was a person in this general a while ago who kept saying the exact same shit as you. i wonder if you're the same person as him or if you autists are multiplying now

>why do i need to sacrifice my own fun for the group

because that's what happens when you play a multiplayer game with other human beings, you self-absorbed can't-read-faces mega dumbo
>>
>>50282048
Everyone in my playgroup loves when i play Gahiji. No one gets mad at group hug for kingmaking when you're not kingmaking, and just group hugging because they are two completely different deck archetypes that people use the same word for even though they shouldn't
>>
>>50282122
gahiji doesn't really even qualify as group hug, he's more like "hey guys let me distract you with these free tokens. oh hey, i can now kill the entire table, thanks for forgetting about me"
>>
File: 1479150721425.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479150721425.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>50282017
>>
>>50280575
To prevent self mill? Why?
>>
>>50280575
I don't see why you need this when you can just use Goblin Bombardment
>>
File: deep lore.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
deep lore.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50282017
>What kind of EDH formats do you play?
Emperor, secret teams, pentagram ffa, 2hg, and horde

>If it's a team format, what 'role' or deck do you bring to the team?
All playstyles

>How would you encourage a FNM Standard or Modern player to get into EDH?
Never

>What is the worst color combination for an EDH commander?
There is no worst color combination. I've stopped combo decks with a pyroblast and won when red is the "weakest" color in commander and on the other hand I've gotten rolled by jund while playing control. It just matters what you draw as long as you constructed the deck well.
>>
>>50282143
can confirm, this is how my Gahiji wins everytime
>>
>>50281053
Ruination
>>
>>50281208
Why does literally everything feel the need to reference dune?
>>
Is pseudo stax the only way to build a decent Meren deck?
>>
>>50281201
>>50281053
oh this reminds me: hand-hate is pretty cheap in edh and works against high tier decks pretty well. expensive cards don't do much good for you if you don't have them.

black has pretty good options for it, like sadistic hypnotist, mind slicer, myojin, flipwalker liliana and so on. but this archetype is typically group slug stax and it hits everyone so it may not be that laser-accurate wallet hate. it also doesn't work as well against graveyard deck that well so keep that in mind
>>
>>50282302
There are many ways to build a Meren deck.

Build Mazirek with the same goodstuff if you think Meren's too powerful.
>>
>breed lethality is $45+ online
any chance my LGS will still sell it for $35? are any of the cards in it standard legal?
>>
>>50280175
Circuit, dimir lobotomist is fun. You self exile to card filter, and lantern lock your opponents out if the game
>>
>>50282143
I mean...yes...
He's still group hug for the most part though. Free tokens and lands is pretty huggy, he just don't take no shit for 2nd
>>
>>50282369
Mine sold it to me 35€ so go for it.
>>
File: 1436986362535.png (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436986362535.png
83KB, 500x500px
>>50281053
What the other guys have said; the salt will flow if you'll steal their stuff. Preator's grasp can be quite fun in your situation. Aura shards is also really neat. Ruination is just a great card in general. Go nuts and post results!
>>
>>50282354
Yeah, my playgroup is not very competitive, but not completely casual. So I didn't know if just a Meren with goodstuff and sac tools would be decent. Also, I am not really a fan of stax.
>>
>>50282369
Go to a big box store like a walmart or something. I dont even know why stores charge more than msrp knowing they'll always be undercut.
>>
>>50282458
There's so many different ways to synergize BG and Meren, the best advice I can give you is to make what you feel will work. And then build up or down from there.
>>
>>50282143
Uh, that sounds exactly like group hug to me.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (472KB, 871x512px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
472KB, 871x512px
POST EM
>>
>>50282504
well, i see true group hug as something that forgoes any real wincon stuff and only wins incidentally against a very much weakened final opponent. gahiji isn't really group hug because he does actively try to win, he just tends to help others while he's at it
>>
>>50282504
No, group hug is "hey guys let me distract you with these free everything. oh hey, you guys can now kill me and everyone else, thanks for letting me drag out the game"
>>
>>50282663
I disagree
But it's not a big deal anon-chan
In the real world no one cares what either of us call group hug--a deck is just a deck and how people think of it doesn't change based on our definition of what the deck is :')
>>
>>50282168
Tonight the streets are red, the lights are blue and blinding.
>>
Realm Razer + Oblivion Sower
:^)
>>
>>50282663
>>50282667
What's the term for decks that run lots of donations and politicking effects but still intend to win, then?
>>
>>50282667
But the description of the c16 grouphug deck is specifically that gives out free stuff and uses the stuff to make haymakers. You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>50282017
>Most people play 3-4 player FFA.
>you convert Standard and Modern players by exposing them to the alien concept of "fun"
>Boros is shit
>>
>play the grouphug precon today
>oath of druids + forbidden orchard in play
>round passes
>oath triggers for me
>hushwing griff
>round passes again
>get another oath trigger
>get the prevent combat damage guy
>fast forward finally draw archon and get to cast it
>gets destroyed one round later

I..I still had fun tho. What are some good finishers to put into this deck? Avacyn, angel of hope? Tempt with discovery + dark depths + thespian stage?
>>
>>50282771
No sign of the "Good Doctor"
>>
>>50281053
I would play clone effects like a mother fucker
>>
File: Phelddagrif02.jpg (144KB, 1154x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Phelddagrif02.jpg
144KB, 1154x1600px
>>50282833
i'd just call that a "political deck". i don't think politics and group hug are the same. something like gwafa hazid politics.dek will make deals with other players to get pressure off himself so that he can win later. this deck will protect itself by being controlly

uncle phel group hug.dek will just give everyone free stuff and will be such a non-threat that he will survive simply based on that.

but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>50282848
> Misinterpreting official content to support a preconceived definition rather than the common definition.

Hey, that reminds me of the card advantage guy.
>>
>>50283095
(This is a joke. The insert explains how to play group jug legitimately. Im not looking for (you) s)
>>
File: maraxus.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
maraxus.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
The fire rises
>>
>>50283171
BANE???
>>
File: cardart_BrilliantPlan.jpg (123KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_BrilliantPlan.jpg
123KB, 700x450px
>>50283171
>>50283179
4U
>>
>>50281273
I'm sad old marchesa has red. She would have been so degenerate in atraxa.
>>
File: 118.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Finally found what deck I'm gonna make next.

It's gonna be bad, janky as hell, but I'm gonna go for Spirit Tribal reanimator.
>>
File: 1478823057096.png (166KB, 452x505px) Image search: [Google]
1478823057096.png
166KB, 452x505px
>>50281053
I'm gonna be building Rakdos to fuck over a similar situation in my group. Dealing with the same Yisan player doing the exact same wincon (Untapping Yisan a bunch each turn to play Craterhoof Beast by turn six) five times in one night was enough for me.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-16-let-it-burn/update/
>>
>>50280100
is that urza ?
>>
>>50283232
I had thought about doing the same with the BG version of it, but /tg/ talked me out of it. probably for the best.

Spirit tribal sucks badly, but if you can make it work, good for you, have fun! I doubt my meta would allow for such janky fun decks.
>>
File: Debt of Loyalty.jpg (94KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Debt of Loyalty.jpg
94KB, 480x680px
>>50283171
Get rekt nerd lmao
>>
>>50283232
Play teysa as your commander instead
>>
>>50283297
delete this
>>
>>50280933
Auriok Champion
>>
>>50283204
>4U
No no, look at the card, 4RR.
>>
>>50283298
Nah, teysa is boring and used too often.

Plus I wanna stick to mono black.
>>
File: ayy.png (312KB, 450x311px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
312KB, 450x311px
Post jank
>>
File: 3916_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
3916_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
>>50283345
The masked man?
>>
>Not playing brago spirit tribal
shiggy
>>
File: 1409847634196.jpg (13KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
1409847634196.jpg
13KB, 188x268px
>>50283537
damn, got the wrong one myself.
>>
File: invoke prejudice.png (319KB, 315x448px) Image search: [Google]
invoke prejudice.png
319KB, 315x448px
>>
File: 1479110721166.png (171KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479110721166.png
171KB, 1280x1280px
>play white border ashnods altar
>group complains about my ugly white border card
>buy more white border cards
>>
>>50283596
Mom's gonna freak
>>
File: lightning bolt.jpg (68KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
lightning bolt.jpg
68KB, 564x752px
>>50283596
But white border is the best.
>>
>>50283619
Alpha is best fukboi
>>
File: 1469979043131.jpg (482KB, 1000x1926px) Image search: [Google]
1469979043131.jpg
482KB, 1000x1926px
>>50283615
>>50283619
i now also clarify "i cast a white-bordered living death" whenever i cast a white border card
>>
File: 1479281495531.png (351KB, 352x478px) Image search: [Google]
1479281495531.png
351KB, 352x478px
>>50283576
Goes right into silas renn.
>>
>>50283297
A LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED GUN
>>
What happens if I equip a land creature with Blade of Selves?
>>
File: white border spread.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
white border spread.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>50283596
I fucking love white borders
>>
>>50283942
the game ends

you lose
>>
File: 300px-Tezzeret_the_Seeker.jpg (39KB, 300x408px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Tezzeret_the_Seeker.jpg
39KB, 300x408px
>>50283886
It just occurred to me that faggot beat this guy.
>>
>>50282475
Most stores are run by greedy jews.
>>
>>50283970
Blame at least partially goes to people being fucking stupid and buy them at that price in the first place.
>>
File: Image (1).png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
117KB, 223x311px
>>50280100
I want to make a deck with this cute little ghost right here

How much of an idiot am I?
What would be some MUST HAVE cards?
>>
>>50283951
You get land creatures attacking all the players?

Duh?
>>
>>50284042
Rong akshuly. This interaction comes down to layer rools. You get copies of a non-creature land that are tapped.
>>
File: dreamworks_face.png (833KB, 1080x1433px) Image search: [Google]
dreamworks_face.png
833KB, 1080x1433px
>>50283966
>>
>>50284078
Wow, that's lame
>>
>>50284096
Fuck off Silas.
>>
>>50283966
Well artifact reanimator is a pretty good archtype compared to tutoring and making 5/5s. Tezzeret had to step up his game, I'm sure at this point he could get revenge with that kaladesh tech.
>>
>>50284116
Don't know who you're fooling, if tezzeret could be a commander he'd be better than Silas renn. gb2 esper non planeswalker fag
>>
File: Smug.png (842KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.png
842KB, 1080x1920px
>>50284114
>>
>>50284101
Hey, I'm not complaining about 3 more landfall triggers :^)
t. Omnath
>>
>>50284096
>>50284162
How can someone hate this face?
>>
>>50284199
Silas best smug anime girl
>>
File: en_mtg_comic4_tez_pt2_2.jpg (829KB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
en_mtg_comic4_tez_pt2_2.jpg
829KB, 800x1230px
>>50284199
Ladies, please, contain your orgasms.
>>
File: daretti.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
daretti.png
124KB, 223x311px
>>50284136
Daretti can be a commander and is the best artifacer planeswalker, and I will go back to esper, they have red now and many waifus
>>
>>50284242
is this a real comic? The art is DeviantArt tier
>>
>>50281350
>in a rush to drive home early

What was the hurry?
>>
>>50284287
yup
>>
>>50284287
Never doubt WotC's ability to half-ass something.
>>
so i bought the meren precon a few weeks ago and after playing it a couple of times i am ready to start making changes to it. ive already put in obvious things like spore frog, flesh bag marauder, and merciless executioner. what else should i put in it? what should be taken out?
>>
>>50283949
Back in my day white borders were shunned. Why the are they making a comeback?

Its fucking cancer.
>>
my buddy and i got c16 decks
what do you do when you keep beating your friend and he gets upset
>>
>>50282475
>tfw live outside US so no Walmarts
Well bollocks
>>
>>50284947
play a different deck
>>
>>50284947
change your deck
>>
>>50284969
It doesn't have to be a fucking Walmart. Unless you live in bumfuckistan nowhere you have to some sort of superstore type place. I'm sure there's a way to find out what stores magic is distributed to.
>>
>>50284975
>>50284986
this is our first time playing commander. he's really casual and i thought commander would be a good format for us to play
we swapped decks and i beat him with yidris and his pride is too hurt to swap decks again. i assume he's be mad if i got another deck to make things more even
>>
>>50284995
I bet there is but I live on a smaller Brazil state capital
>>
>>50284930

White borders are still usually disliked, but I like how they look, I think they make the colors pop, especially on stuff like basic lands, the white surrounding that big red square for mountains, etc is nice
>>
>>50284096
Looks like fucking toy story.
>>
Question, does an Umbra protect from the enchanted creature being removed from the game?
>>
>>50285084
Is this question for pillar of flame or something? No, it's not. It isn't destroyed by pillar of flame to get exiled.
>>
I know this deck is shit, I need to know what to add and cut to make it less shit:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nalaar-family-reunion-4/
>>
>>50285111
my main question was does the "Destroyed" Keyword cover "exile"
>>
>>50284897
baby lili That emblem and meren is an auto scoop and meren can recur lili and lili can empty your hand so you can reanimate them. Also just look at the bitch, shes just a lotv tuned for edh.
>>
File: umbra for ants.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
umbra for ants.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50285123
Look at what you posted, notice how exile and destroyed are two different words. Now reread the reminder text on the umbras and you WILL know.
>>
>>50285123
Oh, sorry, I was assuming you weren't a dunce and tried to figure the only situation where someone would be dumb enough to ask if two different actions were the same thing. The answer is "no", it's not.
>>
>>50285147
You could just have said no instead of being a prick.
>>
>>50285127
thats a really good idea, thanks anon
>>
>>50285166
Hey this trick works with every card, I was just trying to help forever instead of just once
>>
>>50285005
he sounds like a bitch but just wait a week and try it again
>>
>>50285127
doesnt loli liliana exile herself when she flips though?
>>
File: jankcombo.png (1015KB, 617x880px) Image search: [Google]
jankcombo.png
1015KB, 617x880px
Will this work in xenagos? I just got these cards from my LGS, will it work like i think it does
>>
>>50283171
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meet-the-banes/
Super janky shit that's oddly fun to play. Has no general theme, but can springboard to victory off many sources. So far the best win was Tempt with Vengeance with caged sun, Gratuitious Violence and Warstorm Surge on the field.
>>
File: 1473208914395.jpg (45KB, 549x188px) Image search: [Google]
1473208914395.jpg
45KB, 549x188px
>>50285281
>>
>>50285281
I don't... What are you trying to do here? What am I missing?
>>
>>50285281
How do you think it will work? I fail to see any correlation between those three cards.
>>
>>50285262
she then returns to the battlefield as a planeswalker.....
>>
File: 1473313539320.png (177KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
1473313539320.png
177KB, 540x721px
>>50285281
>>
File: 1472102144372.jpg (27KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1472102144372.jpg
27KB, 640x636px
>>50285281
Are you ok?
>>
>>50285281
All three of those cards can be put in your xenegod deck. I really hope thats what you're asking.
>>
File: 169.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>50280100
>Deck Archetypes that Need More Colors Edition
I said it last thread but this guy should have been 100% Boros. It's slower, yes, but you'd get access to all the red combat tricks/extra combat AND white Equipment tech. A match made in heaven.

But they obviously weren't thinking that when they designed him/some of the Equipment tech didn't even exist yet, plus with Ravnica coming right after it wasn't going to happen. But hindsight is 20/20, and my mana base is more consistent which is nice
>>
>>50285381
>>50285378
>>50285355
>>50285341
>>50285337
>>50285312
>can't see how this goes infinite with 6/1s and bolts
>>
>>50285281
Is....is this a troll? I am not seeing a combo here.
>>
Are there any other fun youtube channels about MTG besides spellslingers?
>>
File: MwMCEor.png (218KB, 1022x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MwMCEor.png
218KB, 1022x1024px
>>50285410
>>
>>50285427
Tolarian Community College
>>
>>50285427
desolator magic
>>
>>50285406
>But they obviously weren't thinking that when they designed him
There was only one or two gold cards in all of Kamigawa IIRC
>>
>>50285427
Mana Source. Star City Games Commander VS series.
>>
>>50285410
Show your work
>>
>>50285497
Yep, Genju of the Realm and Iname as One.

Shame they hadn't saved him for Ravnica and made him a Boros legend. That shit would have ruled so hard. BUT he's still super fun, and I like him
>>
tek against Maelstrom Wanderer decks? a friend of mine plays one and he has never lost a game with it that I've been in. everytime it's
>ramp out maelstrom t5
>cascade into big dudes with big abilities
>swing and win within 3 turns
>>
>>50285427
tolarian community college is honestly the best channel out there. the mana sources is good, the command zone has pretty good stuff, and strictly better mtg if you like budget standard.

>>50285491
that guy is a fag
>>
>>50285549

specific cards that are good against MW

silence
teferi, mage of zhalfir
summary dismissal
time stop
arcane laboratory/eidolon of rhetoric
ethersworn canonist

in general you want to use removal on his mana rocks to slow down the first cast of MW, and you want to ramp hard yourself so you can set up a decent board position that wont just get run over easily by wanderer + a couple creatures

sometimes wanderer just lucks into an easy win, thats why he's high tier, but he's not unbeatable, he can just be taxing to deal with. if youre not in blue to counter any game-winning cascades or white to use hate effects to shut him down, then you really need to be trying to outdo him with your own explosive start. if you cant do any of those things then your deck is just not very good and its going to lose to a good deck like wanderer
>>
>>50285640
>tolarian community college is honestly the best channel out there
It's a great channel for practical information, but jesus christ, the attempts at """humor""" that get uploaded from time to time are some of the cringiest videos I've ever watched.
>>
What are some good single target control cards to search for in group hug?
Things like Traumatize or Telemin Perfomance that could also conceivably take one player out late game and/or after a lot of card draws.
>>
>>50285549
force of will, mana drain, and pox work nicely for stuff like that.
Alternately look up azuza lost but seeking decklists to kill him on turn 1/2
>>
>>50285640
What are you talking about desolator is a cool guy with funny/epic lgs stories and he's VERY knowledgeable about magic in its entirety
>>
>>50285784
Desolator pls go
>>
>>50285733

you gotta rephrase cuz i have no idea what youre talking about

i dont think traumatize is a "control card", i suppose telemin performance is

bribery is much better than telemin performance but it sounds like you want to mill people out? im confused
>>
>>50285664
Yeah, The Professor seems like a nice guy and he provides great information in a really clear and concise way, but he is not an entertainer. The worst part is his little sketches are good in concept, but they really fall flat in the execution.
>>
>>50283243
>deck not found
>>
File: Sockpuppet.jpg (270KB, 668x633px) Image search: [Google]
Sockpuppet.jpg
270KB, 668x633px
>>50285784
>>
>>50285797
Hey man I gotta hustle my youtube channel here because I secretly hate all those fags on reddit and wish I had cool followers like you guys.
>>
>>50285469
>>50285491
>>50285500
>>50285640
Commander VS looks like fun, thanks for recommending it anon. The rest seem more like commentary about mtg rather than people actually playing in.
>>
>>50285281
Can someone please help me with this? The tournament is tommorow minutes. I need to know whether to put this in
>>
>>50285908
anon.. please
>>
>>50285908

can you not?

like it was somewhat funny the first time but we dont need you resurrecting dead troll posts
>>
>>50285908
Yeah dude, go for it. Nobody will see it coming.
>>
>>50285908
It'll work, sure. The real question is how desperately do you want to destroy your opponents?

Do you want "never invited back again" status? Include the cards.
>>
>>50285664
>>50285821
idk i think those crine moments make them funny honestly. id bet money that they are planned

>>50285784
i will admit that i have not watched a ton of his stuff but he basically seems like massive edge lord contrarian. if i wanted to hear edge constantly id talk to one of the high schoolers that go to FNM at my LGS
>>
>>50285816
Well, control as in 'messes with resources' which is what Traumatize will do.
As for the milling, its something that I'm considering to do to certain players after the game has gone a bit.
>>
>>50285960
He talks like a fag and his shits all retarded
>>
>>50285903
forgot about them, ya those guys are awesome. the commanders brew is also pretty cool if you like budget stuff
>>
File: 1276032627530.png (55KB, 1186x427px) Image search: [Google]
1276032627530.png
55KB, 1186x427px
>>50285908
>The tournament is tommorow minutes
>>
>>50285970
>>50285960
desolator rage quit on me in xmage and then started a shitstorm in the chat because he said i netdecked my list
>>
>>50286002
Well, did you?
>>
>>50286002
He poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses!
>>
>>50285908
>The tournament is tommorow minutes
Holy shit this is the best /edhg/ in a while.
>>
File: o face.jpg (35KB, 680x719px) Image search: [Google]
o face.jpg
35KB, 680x719px
>LGS decided to do an EDH tourney
>its 1v1
>>
>>50286047
Is it French?
>>
>>50286080
canadian
>>
File: Bubbling Beebles_UD.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Bubbling Beebles_UD.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>playing Ydris
>down to 25 life, Odric player with lethal next tI'm
>topdeck.jpg
>mfw when
>>
>>50286090
That's not even EDH, just some meme format.
>>
>>50286097

Wut
>>
>>50286111
It's a CANADIAN squirt gun
>>
File: decks.png (935KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
935KB, 1000x1000px
Post 'em time.
>>
>>50286149

Jeez 3 trash decks
>>
>>50285640
>many magic the gathering players ask the question

no he's fucking shit
>>
>>50286193
rude
>>
>>50286198

Sorry

I guess mono white is cool
>>
The only EDH deck I have is maralen because FUCK edh. Such a terrible format and it's such a fitting deck for how I feel about edh.
>>
>>50286149
>Triad of Fates
I can almost understand the others, but this? Why not play an actual Orzhov combo commander like Teysa, Selenia, or Ayli?
>>
>>50286217
Because Teysa, Selenia, and Ayli aren't bounce on a stick. I like the way Triad plays, even if it's slow. You get infinity value out of any ETB creatures that stay on the board, and if you hit rune-scarred demon, you just win.

Also, it was the first deck I built and it wasn't terribly challenging to build, though it got upgraded a lot since then.

TL;DR: first deck nostalgia & it's fun.

>>50286193
>>50286208

That's just mean, man.
>>
>>50286002
He's such a fucking idiot. He thinks everything decent is OP, because he tests it against the xmage AI.
>>
File: surrak.jpg (109KB, 1600x837px) Image search: [Google]
surrak.jpg
109KB, 1600x837px
Why is it so much fun to watch people squirm as they can't stop the oncoming storm?
>Value creatures into BIG creatures into combo.
Watching blue players sigh at part of their hand as soon as I play a turn two Surrak is so satisfying.
>>
File: k.gif (2MB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
2MB, 320x256px
>>50286216
>>
File: yugioh.dec.png (5MB, 1872x1335px) Image search: [Google]
yugioh.dec.png
5MB, 1872x1335px
>>50280489
you mean you don't know about yugioh.dec?
>>
>>50286347
>combo
Because its so fucking boring. No one likes to be in an engaging game and then suddenly 'oops I win'

fuck that
>>
File: Gay decks for babies.jpg (359KB, 1683x748px) Image search: [Google]
Gay decks for babies.jpg
359KB, 1683x748px
>>50286287
Don't let these autists get to you, build whatever decks you enjoy. I always thought Triads had interesting potential. You got a list?
>>
>>50286147
heh, i see what you did there m8
>>
File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>50286370
I'm sorry that you can't stop a dragon from punching you in the face for all of time.
>>
>>50282236
> I've stopped combo decks with a pyroblast and won when red is the "weakest" color in commander

Red is infact fine in commander. Purph, zada, and krenko are all viable decks that do their own thing. Mono white on the other hand has problems.
>>
>>50286287

>once you get rune scared demon you just win
>tutoring once every 2 turns means you just win
>>
>>50286401
>Purph

He makes me want to anger shit on whoever is piloting him.
>>
>>50282302
I've still been trying to convert my 1v1 Meren after the Necrotic Ooze ban. She always seems to do nothing or just only care about winning off Ooze.
>>
>>50286149
>Post 'em
But since I criticized you, feel free to do the same.

Some of them are pretty new and I don't have real deck lists for them.
>>
>>50286401

Even assuming mono red is better than mono white, white could still be better than red overall in edh, which I think is the case

And it's not like purph Zada and krenko don't have their own problems too
>>
File: Mardu.jpg (1MB, 1200x1603px) Image search: [Google]
Mardu.jpg
1MB, 1200x1603px
Hello. It's the anon who made that really bad white/black warrior tribal deck (using Daghatar the Adamant) awhile back. I'm still on a warrior kick and this is what I'm currently playing. The cards in the maybeboard are cards I don't own, but want to get for the deck:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mardu-budget-warriors-wip/
>>
>>50286097
wut

That's like the shittiest topdeck possible for Yidris, what the fuck does your deck look like
>>
>>50286021
no, my own spirits list
>>
>>50286361
>dark suspicions rhymes with dark magician
it really is yugioh
>>
>>50286361
What the fuck is this, some kind of... combo... oh dear god.

Is this just value city, or? What does this play like? How salty can you make people? I can barely comprehend what I'm looking at.
>>
>>50285549
Hallowed Moonlight
>>
>>50282302

I mean meren is a grindy deck so you do want to be recursively removing your opponents permanents, but I wouldn't necessarily call it pseudo stax, the defining trait of stax to me is land disruption which is definitely not super common in meren decks

Grave pact effects though are something you will see in stax decks and also great in meren though so I can see where you were coming from

Also stax is tier 1 and a normal meren deck is tier 2 so maybe you're right that the only TRULY strong meren deck is a stax version, I honestly don't know because I haven't played against all the different stax variants out there, only red or white based artifact stax and mono black pox

I don't think meren particularly synergizes with pox but I could see it working just fine
>>
>>50286500

How does that help against MW? I guess deadeye combos are reasonably popular in MW but in general it doesn't seem like a huge obstacle for MW
>>
>>50286381
Here you go, bud.
https://deckstats.net/decks/52791/611183-triad-of-fates-edh/en

>>50286403
>not running untap / enabling for a tap-heavy commander
>not running oblivion stone in Triad
>panharmonicon

>>50286428
I've never liked 5c commanders. Mostly because 9/10 times it's superfriends and that gets old fast.

The rest seems fine. Hidetsugu is classic red stuff. Mishra seems kinda useless; what's the story behind that deck?
>>
File: I enjoy red.jpg (1MB, 2360x684px) Image search: [Google]
I enjoy red.jpg
1MB, 2360x684px
>>50286149
>Post 'em time
My favorite time of day!
>>
File: zada.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
zada.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
>>50286520
zada is tier one so shut the fuck up
>>
>>50286555
>Mishra seems kinda useless; what's the story behind that deck?
not that anon, but possibility storm is a thing
>>
>>50286590
Not a good thing, but it is indeed a thing.
>>
>>50286608
>everyone else gets random stuff while you cast artifacts and get a random one from your deck each time
>>
File: nix.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
nix.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50286539
My bad, I forgot that Cascade casts things. Consider Nix, but it's not particularly useful since it's just a one off counter.
Grand Arbiter and other things that increase spell costs would be pretty useful early on though, combined with tactics that cripple his ramp.
>>
>>50286555
Can't stand planeswalkers myself, I don't run a single one in any of my decks (perhaps out of spite).

I chose Mishra because I had a friend who ran Arcum Dagsson and I wanted an artificer deck to combat his. I thought it was cool how he assembled little machines each game, although as he learned the deck he ended up getting more and more linear with it. When Mishra gets going he shits out artifact after artifact and I have to spend like 10 minutes figuring out which ones to tap to produce mana to copy an artifact to draw a card, then sacrifice some to generate more mana and draw more cards, etc etc etc. I hate wasting my friends' time so I don't play it often, but it's like a puzzle box trying to figure out how to win each game with him.

Nice trips btw
>>
>>50286638
Mishra dude here; since Possibility Storm is the first thing I tutor every game, the only sorceries I run are tutors and the only instants I run are counter spells. Nix is one of them, and I'm proud to say I've countered a spell with it that my opponent hit off my Possibility Storm.
>>
>>50286659

>I've countered a spell with nix that my opponent hit off my possibility storm

So you cast a different instant and flipped nix from the top? Pretty sweet
>>
>>50286698
Like I said, only instants I run are counter spells. 2 mana or less.

To be fair though, I've also cast a normal Counterspell and hit Pact of Negation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>50286719
>2 mana or less
Wait sorry I just checked and I do run a single Forbid
>>
File: 136.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
136.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>50286498
play ramp artifacts early game, tutor for a combo piece, or Darksteel Forge when vulnerable
Crucible gets my Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter/Inventor's Fair/Buried Ruin back
Crawlspace/Forcefield protects me from attacks, as well as board wipes/Death Pits+ping
Bottle and Uba Mask let me tap Bazaar of Baghdad without the drawback, and draw me a shit-ton more cards with Mindstorm Crown, Ghirapur Orrery, and Blood Scrivener
opponents all begrudgingly take chip damage for like 10 turns, or until Dark Suspicions or Words of War puts on the heat
there's a couple manlands to finish off the weak and creatureless

Ulamog to piss off mill
Nihil Spellbomb/Bojuka Bog to piss off self-mill/black
pic related + Voltaic Key to piss off everyone
>>
File: 300.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>50286738
>>50286498
oh yeah forgot pic related
The deck's really good even if you can't get the combo to cheat your discards honestly
>>
File: thrasios.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
thrasios.png
124KB, 223x311px
Thoughts on my Thrasios/Kydele?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/symbiotic-simic/

Also, share your partner lists?
>>
Is anyone working on a Breya deck?

Looking for some ideas on an Eggs-type deck since I have never built one before.
>>
>>50287009

I had an eggs list but I settled on a token list instead, it's more grindy and midrangey than combo although info have some combos still

The eggs version was super explosive but inconsistent, the grindy Thopter version is slow but is very disruptive

I'm still making changes to the Thopter version so I'm at 106 cards, also the eggs version was for cockatrice, it's out of my budget, but here's both lists:

Eggs:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/etherium-delirium-1/

Thopters/tokens
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/robotrippin/
>>
>>50287067
Sweet, thanks
>>
>>50286361
>>50286498
>>50286738
I feel like there is something important I am missing here.
>>
>there are people in this thread who thinks that it's acceptable to use planeswalkers as commanders
>>
>>50287399
If it was, I'd be running Kaya instead of Triad.
>>
>>50287435

I would allow that
>>
>>50287067
Try Thopter Spy Network in the token build. Also, Eldrazi Displacer for combos with Breya/Marionette and Ashnod's/Ironworks?
>>
>>50287579

Damn, I just so happen to have a displacer but didn't consider it

Seems strong
>>
/edh/, teach me to play recursion!

I picked up Breya last week, and quickly realized I was not prepared for the entire extra dimension recursion adds to the game. I keep taking ridiculously long turns because I can't tell when it's safe to sac something, or what to target for recursion.
>>
>>50287678
target the best card in your graveyard for the current boardstate
>>
>>50287678

I sometimes take a while on my turns too but basically you need to think ahead to know which target is a priority at which time
>>
Who is the best Partner for Sidar Kondo?
>>
>>50287734

So many combinations, I know people like the idea of him with Silas Renn to make silas connect, I think maybe it would good with the RG token making partner, WRG is good token and small creature colors, also there is the BG "modular" one, seems like you could do some cool stuff in combat by sacing to make a big unblocked 20/20 or something, BWG is good token and small creature colors too
>>
File: 1478271366486.jpg (31KB, 403x437px) Image search: [Google]
1478271366486.jpg
31KB, 403x437px
>>50285848
I'm dumb for linking the edit page, but you're dumb for not just removing /update/ from the end

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-16-let-it-burn/
>>
>>50287357
what part are you missing? if you play it right, you have no hand and 2-4 cards in exile you can play each turn and/or deal 4-6 face damage to each player each round
>>
File: thankssatan.gif (846KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
thankssatan.gif
846KB, 500x211px
>playing against Kynaios and Tiro
>he drops Biovisionary, spends a bunch of mana recurring Rite of Replication and casting it kicked on Biovisionary
>I Swan Song it
>He Swan Songs my Swan Song
>I Reiterate my Swan Song on his Swan Song
>he reluctantly puts his Rite and Swan Song into the gy unresolved
>my turn comes
>I cast kicked Rite of Replication on his Biovisionary

I don't think I've ever laughed this hard. Felt bad, but felt good.
>>
So I put together the eventual janky Iname deck. Thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-jank-is-real-1/
>>
>>50287895

Nice

Sounds like a fun turn of events
>>
>>50281972
Mizzix. I keep building her and winning by stealing the good shit on the table and blowing up everything else. Good luck building a NON degenerate Mizzix deck.
>>
>>50287895
Shoot, dawg. I wouldn't even be mad. You should be proud.
>>
>>50281135
I agree that it was a really poorly designed set, but it didn't make exile a "third hand" or anything like some people were fearing at the time. It's probably a good thing that we can look back and say that the worst thing it did was introduce some really efficient "colorless mana matters" creatures/spells into modern and legacy.
>>
>>50286361
I have to build a deck around this sometime soon, mogis seems like a fun commander anyways.
>>
File: seething.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
seething.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50287993
I've kept Seething Anger in my Mizzix deck just in case I ever get the opportunity to get a surprise commander damage kill, either with Mizzix herself or a stolen commander.
>>
>>50284027
here's my deck. it's obviously better at 1v1, but it's done pretty well at getting people off guard in free for all. It's really enjoyable to play too, as long as you don't stake your ego on winning every edh game you play.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-whide/
>>
>>50285281
Why the fuck does a card with information about the mating habbit of treefolks and nothing else on it exist?
>>
>>50288117

I like it
>>
>>50286638
Terfari (the creature) is the biggest "fuck you" to Cascade
>>
>>50288117
>>50288188

>52 creatures

I don't
>>
>>50288188
:D
>>
>>50288243
:(
>>
>>50288117

Return to the ranks seems absurd, never used that one but it has extreme potential
>>
>>50282017
>What kind of EDH formats do you play?
Standard MP FFA, Archenemy

>If it's a team format, what 'role' or deck do you bring to the team?
All of my decks are aggro decks. I go wide when the Archenemy, and tall when I'm not.

>How would you encourage a FNM Standard or Modern player to get into EDH?
Inform them they can get use out of cards that are no longer Standard legal, or it is a good place to utilize junk rares. Or, suggest picking up one of the pre-cons and play against them with another pre-con.

>What is the worst color combination to play in EDH? How would you fix it to make it more competitive?
Likely RW, even though RW can work in EDH with the right cards. It lacks draw without some odd conditions (like I need to discard first, or draw cards only if I utilize weak creatures).
>>
>>50287820
>>50287734
Silas ren + flankman = myr tribal
>>
>>50287734
I like the thought of playing him with Snakebutt and Doran/Assault Formation booty-bash.
>>
>>50282017
-Standard Multiplayer FFA.
-N/A
-I'd tell them that they don't have to worry about decks being made obsolete / cycling out every year, and that there's a lot of variety in the format.
-IMO, no color is totally unviable, though Boros seems to have the least options compared to other 2-color combinations. I kind of want to build a deck with crazy avacyn that's "Monowhite splash boros" because of her unique color identity.
>>
Wait craterhoof is 23 dollars? ??

I'm an avid dimir player, so I've lost to this fucker hundreds of times but never played one. He's really that expensive? ? I can practically commission a plushy of him for that much
>>
File: Static Orb_TE.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Static Orb_TE.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
What are some cards that give you sexual gratification upon resolving

Pic related
>>
>>50288576

He's basically the ultimate wincon for any deck that goes wide and includes green.
>>
File: sploosh2.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sploosh2.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>50288589

>mfw I cast Repercussions and my opponents know what is happening but they can't stop it
>>
>>50282973
Tried that once. Mimeoplasm, but ran it in the attempt to mill, clone and reanimate EVERYTHING. My biggest issue is being able to balance having cards to play and mana to use without giving up chances to steal/copy my opponent's crap.
>>
File: edh_decks_20161118.jpg (451KB, 1356x580px) Image search: [Google]
edh_decks_20161118.jpg
451KB, 1356x580px
>>50286149

I had a bunch of other decks, but I sold off a majority of my collection.
>>
File: shitty sleeves.jpg (7KB, 160x220px) Image search: [Google]
shitty sleeves.jpg
7KB, 160x220px
I want to build karametra, but I want the deck to feel unique. Any ideas? Is there anything I can do to make the most of the constant shuffling?
>>
>>50288605

Get ready for a blasphemous act mother fuckers

*unzips dick*
>>
File: artifact fun.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
artifact fun.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50288589

My my, those are some fancy mana rocks ya'll got.
>>
>the interracial gay couple are a group hug card
there's no way that wasn't deliberate right?
>>
File: Kami_of_the_Crescent_Moon.jpg (37KB, 502x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kami_of_the_Crescent_Moon.jpg
37KB, 502x360px
It's time to say thanks to YOUR commander. You know the one, your baby. The one that you pull out to show new players what you're all about.

Thank you Kami of the Crescent Moon, for many games of stasis and mass-bounce. Thank you for the confused faces of my opponents as frozen aether and stasis lock them out of the game, and windfall-for-50 plays. Thank you for showing me where I fit into the EDH community, the stax archetype.

So, who are you thanking?
>>
>>50287399
I use freyalise as my commander
>>
>>50281386
>>50281945
I keep my favorite card in my pocket. I use one of those thick card sleeves that you have to screw together and tape it up to prevent dust accumulation.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif (2MB, 216x150px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif
2MB, 216x150px
>>50288901

>ya'll
>>
>>50286555
>9/10 times it's superfriends
god, i'm glad that superfriends was only built like twice in playgroup. I had a pretty cool 5c reaper king artifact combo deck that usually did pretty well, but was possible to combo off t2 with a christmasland hand. I think the earliest I've actually managed to win through combo (and this is through disruption as well) was t5. Still not bad, considering it was janky as hell.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50288978

>Not putting on the airs of a Southern belle when playing dickish cards

I do declare! That's a mighty fine spell ya'lls got there, and oh no! Look at lil' ol' me. With all my lands-a-tapped out. I couldn't possibly counter it, now could I?
>>
>>50280933
I think my wife lost one of my Gaea's Cradles.
>>
File: 1471479822229.jpg (100KB, 1080x984px) Image search: [Google]
1471479822229.jpg
100KB, 1080x984px
>>50289125

I want there to be more porn of proper sounding southern girls getting BLACKED.
>>
File: 1438921470581.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1438921470581.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>tfw Wild Ricocheting an Acquire
He still got Expedition Map from Angry Omnath, so I didn't entirely blank it, but it still felt really good.
>>
ive just noticed that derevi loves artifacts. Cloudstone, lux cannon, mana rocks, static/winter orb, bpod, equipments. Im going to gut my old deck and see if i cant make it have a little better synergy than my last mess. Any tips for bant artifact decks?
>>
File: mfw autists near me.jpg (159KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
mfw autists near me.jpg
159KB, 600x350px
>>50289327

>Derevi
>>
>>50289343

I wanted to start on a jenara but atraxa stole her place so i want to fix an old bant instead
>>
>>50289125
It's "y'all". you waste of oxygen
>>
>>50285350
Under her owner control
>>
Should I add more lands?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-11-14-trinkets-and-treasures/

I've played 5 or 6 games with it so far and the first two I was drawing all sorts of lands and almost nothing else (I blame poor shuffling after building the deck). Middle game was solid with an even mix of everything I needed. Last two games I played I was getting screwed over pretty hard. Color hasn't been an issue so far since the majority of the deck is colorless, just quantity.

I'll run it through a few more tests to be sure, just looking for some outside opinions.
>>
>>50280933
So I called there today, friend of mine found her and will return her to me next week.
>>
File: jank.jpg (155KB, 668x469px) Image search: [Google]
jank.jpg
155KB, 668x469px
cheap, small, indestructible creatures or just recursion for this to work?
>>
File: clickety clackety.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
clickety clackety.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50290157
I would go with cheap recurring stuff like pic related or Bloodghast, especially if you have other stuff to sac them to for value and to avoid them getting exiled.
>>
>>50290157
Unless you have an indestructible, hexproof creature(which is not easy to com by in black), I would go for recursion. All you have to do is take care of gravehate. Stuff like reassembling skeleton, or zombies that comes back.
Remember that you need to have at least 2 creatures, since it is a given that at least one of your opponents is going to have a killspell and mana for it at midgame.
>>
>>50290157
First, do you have any way of returning any of those enchantments to the field? If not, are they going to have any synergy with the rest of the deck alone?
>>
File: 120264_200w[1].jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
120264_200w[1].jpg
25KB, 200x285px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-ishkanah-queen-of-spiddies/

Thinking about building this deck or something similiar. Opinions?
>>
>>50290244
>>50290249

Yeah, probably recursion is better. Thanks

>>50290269
I'm still working on it. I plan to make some kind of holding the board hostage/stax, just considering options for now
>>
>>50285005
Sounds like more like that it's not a deck issue, but rather issue about his ability to play
>>
File: stupid combo.png (515KB, 888x309px) Image search: [Google]
stupid combo.png
515KB, 888x309px
how janky is too janky for your combos? I wanna build a breya deck with as many infinites as possible, and there is one extremely stupid combo i want to put in, but one of the cards seems useless without the rest of the combos and i wanna know how to make it useful. What non-angel tribal synergies can i put in breya to make conspiracy viable outside this stupid combo
>>
>>50290868
>>50290868
>>50290868
NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.