[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/'s Winter Ball Discussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 35

File: 1479417543857.png (534KB, 1440x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1479417543857.png
534KB, 1440x1044px
This is the thread for discussing the 4chan Winter Ball and board-tan related topics. Content creation, board-tan discussion, inter-board news, and general goodwill is welcome. Please do not shitpost.

The megabin of content created by /his/, /tg/, and /vp/. (Updated 11/15/2016)
http://pastebin.com/Z57p7sJE

Current /tg/-related news :
>/vp/ has won the showdown, and will be providing some post-battle interactions through writefaggotry soon..
>Multiple projects for both /vp/ and /his/ are in the works.
>With the release of Pokemon Sun / Moon, /vp/'s threads will be somewhat slower.
>This may become the first 4chan Wacky Races between /pol/o/, /m/int/, /histgvp/, and /XD/. Our ride is currently a red chariot with tons of orky bitz stuck onto it, led by two Scoliopedes.
>The ball may happen at any of these two dates : November 26 or December 3, depending on what /qa/ says

Question of the Thread -
Should we bring back Commissar Mittens and the Lizard Wizard?

Previous thread -> >>50269807
>>
>>50283177
>Should we bring back Commissar Mittens and the Lizard Wizard?
Is this a real question.
>>
Hello fellow fa/tg/uys

All this winter ball talk has been making me itch to run a game of pokemon tabletop, using PTU

It's not a typical pokemon setting. The PokeWar fucked the world over hard, to the point the Poke-Gods decided to intervene and hit humanity back to the iron age in some places. Others have recovered, and things are starting to get back to normal in some places. Not all, just some.

Be looking for about four to five players to fill out the party. You don't need to know how to play the system or even build a character, you just need to have a character concept in mind, and we can build them up from there.

You can find me on Skype and Discord under this name.
>>
Any updates on the philosopher card game? Talking about that last night was really fun.
>>
>>50283279
Maybe we should add a gretchen/goblin to the line up of commissar mittens and the lizard wizard is his honour.
>>
>>50283382
I like this a lot. If I didn't have to work late tonight I'd draw it.
>>
>>50283416
His name will be Da Rules Lawya'.

>"OI! DIS BREAKS RULE TWO, YA ZOGGIN' GITZ!"
>>
>>50283430

>not 'Roolz'
>>
File: IMG_1551.jpg (24KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1551.jpg
24KB, 178x248px
Can we have /tg/ in a smuggler's copter while riding the chariot? It can be part of the chariot design AND be a fashion statement about the current standard meta!
>>
>>50283561
Sure. It's not set in stone, anyway.

>>50283449
Da Roolz Lawya'.
>>
File: HIS Cards.png (14KB, 706x545px) Image search: [Google]
HIS Cards.png
14KB, 706x545px
>>50283276
Need help on coloring the philosophers we have so far into the categories. Cards have a RPS color system with numbered strength to break ties. Cards from the same philosopher can't counter each other.

Red = Argumentative, aggressive cards

Blue = Contemplative, control and slower cards

Yellow = Innovative, combos cards

List of cards so far: http://pastebin.com/W51NBMSp
>>
>>50284436
Are we sticking with Argumentative, Contemplative, and Innovative? I just said those because they sounded philosophical, but it kight need a different phrasing.
>>
Ok, so are we challenging /vp/ to an MTG game?

>>50284851
>>
>>50284908
The names can change, just what they are for now.
>>
>>50284918
Shit, meant to say that I god a good laugh. Keep up the impression, it's remarkably accurate.
>>
>>50284918
Later we first gotta do the aftermath of the duel, besides their thread is pretty dead at the moment.
>>
>>50284950
They're getting ready for Sun/Moon. After that dies down, they'll most likely write Vanille finally mounting Teej's d6.

>>50284918
Challenge /his/ instead. We've had our /vp/ match. It's high time we did something for them.

>>50284926
Ah, okay. Just wanted ti make sure.
>>
>>50285014
/his/ could be fun. I've gotta get off, and it doesn't look like they have a winter ball thread up either. Could someone else make the request?
>>
>>50285104
What kind of team would /his/ use? Ghost types? Things that learn Ancient Power? Empoleon?
>>
>>50285248
Fossils and psychic types. Alakazam, Kabutops, Omastar, Deoxys, Ho-oh, and one other.
>>
>>50285248
Xerneas and Yveltal are probably the most historically-relevant Pokémon given that they were at the center of a war.
>>
>>50285248
>Implying they would use anything other than gods from not!rome
>>
>>50285248
Sigilyph
>The guardians of an ancient city, they always fly the same route while keeping watch for invaders.
Golurk
>It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them.
Bronzong
>Ancient people believed that petitioning Bronzong for rain was the way to make crops grow.

all seem to be likely candidates
>>
>>50285306
>>50285104
>>50285104
Wait, I thought we were doing mtg with /his/?
>>
File: pokemonconquest21.png (154KB, 395x292px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonconquest21.png
154KB, 395x292px
>>50285248
Golurk and Claydol were built by ancient people, so they could work.

Could also use Zekrom and Shiny Rayquaza if you want a historically accurate Japanese battle.
>>
File: IMG_3287.jpg (47KB, 369x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3287.jpg
47KB, 369x286px
>>50285366
We still are. I think.

>>50285370
>ywn ride with the sixth demon king of hell into battle
>ywn fight with the one eyed dragon of oshu by your side
It's raining pretty hard where I am, right now.
>>
>>50285370
>pokemon+nobunaga's ambition

Man, I need to pay more attention to Pokemon releases.
>>
>>50285358
other historic Pokemon
Claydol
>Claydol is an enigma that appeared from a clay statue made by an ancient civilization dating back 20,000 years. This Pokémon shoots beams from both its hands.
Unown
>This Pokémon is shaped like ancient writing. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings or the various Unown. Research into this topic is ongoing but nothing is known.
Aegislash
>Generations of kings were attended by these Pokémon, which used their spectral power to manipulate and control people and Pokémon.

maybe
Wartortle
>It is said to live 10,000 years. Its furry tail is popular as a symbol of longevity.
Cofagrigus
>It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.
>>
Alright, I don't know if we need anymore songs, but someone from overclocked just released this, and since it relates to Pokémon, I thought it could be considered.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBn1uJjmhy4
>>
>>50285014
>Vanille finally mounting Teej's d6.

d12, surely. Barbarians are best after all.
>>
>>50285592
I'd say we're more like monks than barbs.
>>
>>50285663
So... we come with Improved Unarmed Strike?
>>
>>50285905
We come with at least five Ki Points for bonus attacks.

[spoil]We'll have shit athletics, though.
>>
>>50285948
Haha, I fucked that spoiler up.
>>
How is the ball supposed to work? Why does /qa/ decide?
>>
Ok, so, what should I know about /his/ before I ask them to a match of MTG? Would they want to build their own deck, or do we build it for them? Help them? Give them a few suggestions?(obviously point them towards Theros)

When are they most active?(rough estimate by time zone preferred)
>>
>>50285014
More like his d8.

Because it averages out at 4 and a half. ZING!
>>
>>50286472
Their active times are still up in the air because they're relatively new, but around 5:00 Central Standard Time should be good.

Us building it with them would be cool.

>>50286441
/qa/, having little to no userbase to speak of, gets to decide when the ball happens. That's it. Even then, it's usually decided by a charismatic person from another board.
>>
>>50286535
But how does the winter ball work? Do we just make more OC?
>>
>>50286790
everyone piles into a plug dj room and watches/listens to music and memes
>>
>>50286790
Well, from what I learned in the two (now three) years I've been doing this...

The Winter Ball is all about inter-board relations and communication. It's for spreading memes, broadening your horizons, and sharing in the autism that is roleplaying as a board.

It's also a chance to share music, draw, write, and talk about your board to people who wouldn't usually come here.

There's usually a set date, but, like the last two years, it's still up in the air at this point. I suggested December 3, but November 26 is also an option suggested.
>>
>>50286908
Dec 3 is better, Nov 26 is black friday and a bunch of people go out of town for thanksgiving weekend.

>>50286938
oh hey i remember you from the last two years.
and you forgot the story link, you got it right in the /vp/ thread.
http://pastebin.com/yqUqN3Vz
>>
File: AndWereNotGivingThemBack.jpg (313KB, 561x576px) Image search: [Google]
AndWereNotGivingThemBack.jpg
313KB, 561x576px
>>50286790
More or less.

Speaking of which, first story out of me this year. Woooo.

This one also comes with a poll for /tg/ and a poll for /vp/ (which I'll post in the /vp/ thread) to determine how the next story goes. Please post in the poll for the board you regularly go to.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11676919

>>50287041
Thanks for the heads up. This is what I get for doing 5 things at once. Gonna keep trying til I get it right.
>>
>>50287041
That's what I've suggested, but I'll suggest it again in the /qa/ thread.

>>50287068
I'll add this when I have the chance.
>>
>>50286790
This year /tg/ seems to be making a theme of getting other boards to game with them, RNG competition with /pol/, Pokémon Showdown with /vp/, Wacky Races with everyone using Savage Worlds, MTG with /his/ and /vp/.

Adderall-kun made mention of a Calvin and Hobbes RPG. Would /co/ like that?

Also we should challenge /k/ to a game of gun/car sluts.
>>
>>50287120
Sorry, /k/ to gun sluts, /o/ to car sluts.
>>
>>50287159
How would those even work?
>>
>>50287297
Well, we're already doing Wacky Races, so probably not that one, otherwise I would've said Car Lesbians.

/k/ would probably be Savage Worlds built like the Maid RPG, and using whatever military supplement we could find.
>>
>>50287379
/u/ would be all for Car Lesbians.
>>
>>50287584
You shouldn't talk for an entire board.
>>
>>50287584
We can get car gays as well and have /y/ get interested as well.
>>
>>50287603
But it's cars and lesbians. Both /u/ and /o/ would be up the wall for it.

>>50287607
Is that a game? I know the PDF thread has Car Lesbians as a thing.
>>
File: Murcielago_eng.jpg (255KB, 1000x814px) Image search: [Google]
Murcielago_eng.jpg
255KB, 1000x814px
>>50287664
>But it's cars and lesbians.
>>
>>50287584
I fully support this. There's a reason why Teej is often seen as the Harem Anime Protagonist, we can play games with everyone. Hell, one of these days we should work on a FATAL supplement for SW or Gurps and give it to /d/ as a present.
>>
>>50287721
Just run FATAL for them. Ever since the Lewd Writing General moved to /d/, we've basically got a red line all the way to them.

>>50287690
>not sure if this is /o/ or /u/
Though, in fairness, I'm sure there's an /o/utist who crossboards as a /u/-boat somewhere on this website. Hello.
>>
>>50287664
>>50287607
Car Lesbians has only two stats: Car and Hot. It's pretty easy to make it gay. Just describe hot guys holding hands and kissing instead of hot girls.
>>
>>50287771
>just describe hot guys instead of hot girls
Already, you and I have reached an impasse.
>>
>>50287758
>Implying FATAL is even Mechanically playable.

Yeah, no. Take away the Sex from FATAL and you're pretty much left with a game with mechanics that are so overly complex that Mage: The Ascension looks better by comparison.
>>
>>50287721
>>50287758
Why do we even talk about FATAL anymore (outside of the memes, of course) when there's the much better Zetai Reido? That game seriously needs to get its translation finished.
>>
>>50287804
Yeah, we'd probably need to find ourselves a /d/m or a lewd ca/tg/irl to run it for us.
>>
>>50287828
>>50287829
I thought the stupidly complex rules were why people played FATAL to begin with. The sheer amount of details needed is what would both turn on and turn off those involved.

>>50287843
I'm sure there's a bunch of /d/eviants who would line up for it, given the chance. Same for the Wacky Races suggestion.
>>
File: 20161118005441_2.jpg (181KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
20161118005441_2.jpg
181KB, 1280x600px
Some anon on the /vp/ thread wanted this after I posted my Astartes/Chespin picture. Thought a few of you lads might like it too.

Some base links/different perspective;
http://imgur.com/a/M52w6
http://imgur.com/a/VjNMR
>>
>>50287897
Chesnaughts and a Quilladin versus Orkz and a Goblin? I'd pay to see that fight. Good edits.

Do you want me to add this to the megabin?
>>
>>50287876
No, it's why it became such a huge joke. It's easier to modify DnD (there are 3rd party splats for this sort of thing) than to even bother to try and play FATAL. It only became so popular because it was so objectively awful in every possible light.
>>
File: image.png (812KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
812KB, 1136x640px
>>50287911
Your choice, bruva. If people would enjoy it, I'm down.

Though, if you're going to do that, you might as well add the inspiration too.
That being pic related,
>>
>>50287876
You need to roll 1d100 over a hundred times just to get started. Complexity only works when it's functional and makes sense, like GURPS. FATAL is just poor design choice.

>>50287829
Don't we have the residential /a/nonymous scanlators who do the translations for Monster Musume and similar? We could ask those guys for help.
>>
>>50287968
better quality here, actually; http://i.imgur.com/tyBHlB0.jpg
>>
>>50287979
>>50287966
Well, then. Nevermind.

I guess I'll just make some homebrew rules in 5e if I want to start a secret campaign during the afterparty of the night of the Ball.
>>
>>50288009
In "secret campaign" do you mean DnD 5e with extras rolls and stats for genitals?
>>
>>50288053
I'd play in it
>>
>>50288053
And a few extra uses for Athletics, Acrobatics, Intimidation, and Perception. Among other stats.

But this is if I'm actually able to get off my lazy ass and get this stuff done. I've even got a campaign plot.
>>
>>50288074
I wouldn't mind translating the Anal Circumference and other tables if you'll promise to get some use out of them.
>>
>>50288095
On the day of the ball, I will most likely be running a campaign in lieu of writing anything substantial for the Ball, this year. I'm still working on Da Epik, as slow as that's going, and I'm still doing thread-monitoring for all participating boards, but I would like to get a campaign like that out of the way.

>"Oh, no! /d/ and /aco/ have gone insane! They got drunk off of /ck/'s punch!"
>"[Insert participating boards here], you're going to have to stop them! Sexually!"
>"Or, y'know, non-sexually, if you're boring. I guess."
>>
>>50288127
Actually, I insist on doing it. there's no way I'm passing up my chance to become infamous.
>>
>>50288127
>spoilers
>"Or lose your teeth if you guess wrong on how to stop them."
>>
>>50288164
>>50288158
For the Ball Proper, I've got just a regular campaign involving /r9k/ and their possible shooting.

It involves an apartment building climb.
>>
>>50288164
Or lose all forms of virginity, starting with Nasal.
>>
wait wait wait, I've been out of the loop since last winter ball, what's the deal with /his/? We're not bringing along a third wheel again are wel?
>>
>>50288418
They are NOT a third wheel. /his/ is on equal footing with /vp/, near as I can tell. Our ties to /vp/ are closer due to multiple years of ball-interactions, but /his/torians are still dear to us as dates.
>>
>>50288418
herodotus is coming along as a Bro, unless things get... Roman, and fem-/his/(forgot her name) is going along with viol, we think. We're trying to find him a date if possible.

>>50288437
Yeah, it's all part of the /tg/ harem, see >>50287721
>>
>>50288437
Hmm... alright, so long as we don't go full harem like we did a few years ago. Who all was there again? Like, /d/, /s/, /x/, and I think one more.

I'll have to look into what /his/ is like
>>
>>50288469
>>50288468
I see there are conflicting sentiments here.

/d/ has stated that, while they're cool with doing double- or triple-dates with us, they don't want to be a part of someone else's harem.

Me, I'm happy to just bridge boards together, so I'm of the opinion that a harem is just a big adventuring party.
>>
>>50285366
We should do CKII or Risk or something. Something more apropos of the similarities between /his/ and /tg/
>>
>>50288469
/his/ is a bro. We're going to challenge them to mtg using Xmage or Untap.in tomorrow.

Speaking of which, can somebody suggest planes for me to list to them? /his/ is definitely a Vorthos-Timmy player, so I'm going to appeal to that before anything else.

Obviously Theros, because not!Rome with amazing god cards is going to set them off.

I'm tempted to tell them about Kumigawa, but in light of recent /r9k/ events, maybe not?

I'm more of a Timmy-Johnny player, so I don't pay much attention to the lore. Which planes would /his/ be most interested in? Which ones have the longest and most detailed lore, or best flavor text?

Oh, interestingly enough, the strawpoll results showed that /tg/ is mostly a Timmy-Johnny player, with Vorthos falling not far behind. Basically, we love having stories to tell, and having interesting combos and decks that generate those stories.

As for Mana Colors, results were inconclusive. It was a three-way tie between Red, Green, and Black.

So, now you've got some ideas as to how /tg/-tan would play magic.
>>
>>50288527
Maybe. Let's put it to a vote tomorrow.
>>
>>50288489
Adventuring party>harem

If we can't decide, we can just be the party bard.

Did some research on /his/ and /her/, and I approve. Hero seems like a total bro and Hist a cute. Starting to get worried that Teej is turning into a pedo, but eh. I like loli.

So what's everybody's classes?
>Herodotus is a wizard, old and wise.
>Viol is a barbarian, incomprehensible in his berserker rage
>Vanille is likely a druid or ranger, actually getting along with her beast companions
>If not the bard, fun and excitable, Teej is probably the paladin, quick to shout HERESY
Historia I'm having a bit of trouble placing. A lot of her character is just being juvenile. Maybe a happy-go-lucky rogue a la Rikku from Final Fantasy X?

>>50288573
Funny enough I've always pictured /tg/ being more blue-white with all the rules-lawyering, HFY, and our tendency to turn shitty bait threads into scientific debates. Maybe some red. As for planes, honestly I just really love Ravnica, but yeah, theros/nyx is probably best.
>>
>>50288573
Dominaria by far has the longest story. The Weatherlight saga is pretty good.

We should play Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund Dragon tribal for our deck. Its all three of our preferred colors, big creatures for the Timmy's, fun combo's for the Johnny's, and Dragon Tribal for the Vorthos.
>>
>>50288626
I was actually not too surprised about our archetype. At the end of the day, most of our threads are targeted at generating stories. The thing we were the least of is actually Spike. Apparently very few M/tg/ players are seriously that competitive. Our color choices also reflect that. Big beefy green monsters, crazy Red stuff like Goblins, and all the interesting Black counters and Tricks. Blue is just "No, you can't have fun" Permission and white is kind of the stick in the mud color. You don't get many stories out of those.

>>50288639
Knowing /his/, they'll jump on Theros/Nyx, so the decks might turn into Dragons vs. Gods. This pleases me greatly.
>>
File: gmon ADVENTURE.png (802KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
gmon ADVENTURE.png
802KB, 1280x600px
those gmod images in the imgur reminded me of when I used to make set-ups in gmod. Maybe I could get back into that. It was fun if nothing else
>>
>>50287081
I love it. Vanille is so cute.

>the government uses super advanced prosthetics technology and psychoactive pharmaceuticals to turn young girls from broken families into a clandestine cyborg anti-terrorism task force.
Yeah, that sounds like something we'd do. Or had done, maybe.
>>
>>50289271
>that greentext

So... Gunslinger Girl?
>>
>>50289027
gmod-goober here, good to see you appreciate them and all that crap. Intended for just one, but someone mentioned wanting to see a Chesnaught fighting off a horde of Green skins and I took into that

might make a few more, I dunno
>>
File: HoodieVanille.png (281KB, 574x879px) Image search: [Google]
HoodieVanille.png
281KB, 574x879px
>>50287081
Alright, little interim story to wet some appetites for the follow-up to the Little Flirt I'll be writing tomorrow. Now I sleep.

http://pastebin.com/kguxSvNQ
>>
>>50289940
>http://pastebin.com/kguxSvNQ

kek nice.
thanks /d/
>>
>>50289940
Not bad. Will add it to the pastebin.

>>50288626
In the last uears, Teej has been compared to paladins the most.

Historia would be a child NPC for escorting purposes.
>>
Ok, so does anyone have any objections to challenging /his/ to MTG? Someone stated that we should maybe use Risk or a more /his/ friendly game, but personally I think we'll get a better story out of a hyped up MTG match.
>>
>>50291379
Risk would be better and more understandable for them, desu. It would also be fair, since we challenged /vp/ to something they're relatively good at.

If you want to challenge them to MTG, that would be fine.
>>
>>50291379
I love the idea. Id like to nominate Theros Block Constructed. Fun, flavorful, and had a number of viable archetypes .

UW Heroic being my favorite.
>>
>>50291180
>In the last uears, Teej has been compared to paladins the most.
Compromise: Paladin with the ACF that replaces Smite Evil with Bardic Music?
>>
>>50291504
I don't see why not. I'm not sure if we, as a board, are charismatic enough to be cinsidered bards, but I'm down for it.
>>
>>50291427
We're actually thinking of going Commander/EDH, since that lends itself to more flavorful decks, but Theros is the first suggestion as to where /his/ should start.(Gods make the best commanders anyway)
>>
>>50291568
I run a stupid Thassa Sea Monsters deck. I love it to bits.
>>
>>50291568
Damn. I was hoping it wouldn't be EDH/Commander. It's the one format i dont play and i thought i'd volunteer to play.

Oh well. Best of luck.
>>
>>50291700
We'll be using Xmage or Untap.in to play, both free MTGO clones. Feel free to throw together a commander and try the format out, it's honestly the most fun and personalized block imho.
>>
>>50291870
Format, not block.
>>
since /polo/ and /mint/ seem to have a raceoff, do we join in?
>>
>>50291912
Already ahead of you, bruv. We have a red orky chariot driven by Herodotus and led by two Scoliopodes. /mint/ is driving their version of a MEGAS, while /polo/ is driving a twingo powered by der juden.
>>
File: 1479393654942.png (436KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479393654942.png
436KB, 1000x600px
>>50291912
Our ride is already prepared
>>
>>50291912
/m/ is talking about getting /toy/ back, though.
>>
>>50292094
Just like in /r9k/, there's a division between wanting and not wanting /int/. It's much less autistic, though.
>>
So, I started the Collaborative Commander thread again, thought you might like to see the results of the poll in order to get ideas as to /tg/-tan's style in MTG.

>>50292287
>>
>>50291932
>>50291931
I have no words, only WAAAAGH burning in my heart
>>
>>50291932
It's still missing the Chain-swords attached at the spokes in order to lay waste to all vehicles who may dare approach us.

I would totally play a 4chan version of GorkaMorka
>>
>>50291912
Do we have system/platform for that? If not I have an idea:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68r4zvcupdw7jnv/Grimdark%20Racing%20-%20Core%20Rules%20v1.5.0.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>50292810
We were going to do Savage Worlds Vehicle Combat, using the Super Powers Supplement to give everyone the crazy car they wanted. We should have some Drawfags make icons for the carts and do it on Roll20
>>
>>50292893
I'm still offering to DM it. Just gonna be busy with a thing for the next few days.
>>
File: Da Roolz Lawya'.png (42KB, 482x626px) Image search: [Google]
Da Roolz Lawya'.png
42KB, 482x626px
>>50283430
>>50283449
Concept art.
Sorry it's shit.
>>
Get ready for out daily bump-poster guys, Da Roolz Lawya iz here.
>>
>>50293604
Hah. That's not bad.

>>50293624
The polls said there were multiple people, if that makes any difference.
>>
>>50293702
A surprising amount. Thank god we've got a janitor in here. or it could get messy.
>>
How did /tg/ and /vp/ become a thing? I know it's fairly established now, but I never understood what the common ground was.
>>
>>50293970
ADVENTUUUUUURE AND CAMARADERIE
>>
File: nicebale.gif (281KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
nicebale.gif
281KB, 245x240px
>>50293999
Trips = Truth
>>
>>50293970
Some people wanted it. That's sort of how this thing works. You get twenty people who want something, and it happens. Or, two or three people who post a lot.
>>
>>50293970
There was a ball, two years ago. I was a cheeky imp that did too much and messed up some stuff earlier on, but then I wrote some stuff for /vp/ and started the /tgvp/ date thing. From there, other content creatirs made some really good stuff and cemented the deal.

They like stats. We like stats.
They like games. we like games.
Fantasy monsters.
Monster waifus.
>>
>>50293999

first answer best answer
>>
>>50294033
I remember /vp/ had no dates in mind other than /cm/ and everyone was like "WE'RE TOO BUSY FOR DATING, GOTTA BE CHAMPS". Then /tg/ asked and everyone was on board because we didn't think anyone would ask us.
>>
>>50294590
I don't remember who initially suggested it, two years ago, but I do remember that they talked about the similarities of stats and minmaxing in Pokemon.

We learned from the debacle two years ago, which is why last year took so long for us to get everything together, polls-wise.

I miss the old poll-anon. Our new one is great, though.
>>
Ok, quick vote. Mtg for /his/ or Risk for /his/?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11680965
>>
>>50294638
It was our 3rd year running of failing to get /po/, after dragon mod burnt our hopes and dreams /vp/ asked us to the ball. Cute as sin OC was made.
>>
>>50294984
>Mtg
Too complicated.
>Risk
Shit game

How about Axis and Allies.
>>
>>50294995
Oh, shit, yeah! That was the year where /po/ snapped because of /tg/ and /pol/ mucking about!

>>50295008
It's a shit game, but one that makes sense. Axis and Allies works, too, though.
>>
File: winter 2014 an new po.png (49KB, 862x1472px) Image search: [Google]
winter 2014 an new po.png
49KB, 862x1472px
>>50295037
>>
>>50295037
>>50295008
Hmm. Axis and Allies would be more fun... should we allow /his/ to choose the map? Also how would we best run it? PBP?
>>
File: winter 2014 return of the po.png (37KB, 862x1472px) Image search: [Google]
winter 2014 return of the po.png
37KB, 862x1472px
>>50295090
>>
File: winter 2014 revenge of the po.png (40KB, 862x1472px) Image search: [Google]
winter 2014 revenge of the po.png
40KB, 862x1472px
>>50295110
And we never looked back.
>>
>>50294984
Campaign for North Africa.
>>50295037
>One that makes sense.
>Being high-shub-duggary-dee of australia means you can teleport men to the middle of europe
I mean, I suppose it help logistics-wise but still.
>>
>>50295110
There's a picture in between that you're missing that involves a dragon mod.

>>50295100
Allow /his/ to choose the map, since they'd have the better time of it.

>>50295127
It makes perfect sense. Don't you know about the Outback Tunnels?
>>
>>50295142
I know, i had one job.
>>
File: dtgAppology.png (2MB, 800x7277px) Image search: [Google]
dtgAppology.png
2MB, 800x7277px
>>50295037
You're definitely mixing this up. /pol/'s mucking about was with /v/ over /x/ and /e/. There was lots of dumb drama and sockpuppeting.

Our mucking about was trying to get /po/, failing, and then took /d/ for granted as a fallback who then spurned us, and then we got an invitation from /vp/. It was so heartwarming we went along with it.
>>
>>50295163
No, no, maybe. It's been two years. Hell, I can't remember last year's ball. God, I'm losing it. And that's frightening.

I distinctly remember writing a /d/ apology piece that went with that, and I also remember /pol/ going nuts on /po/'s board and getting them pissed. The /x/ and /e/ shit also involved /biz/, funnily enough.

>>50295156
It's okay. I forgive you.
>>
>>50295127
>That filename
>>
File: Diplomacy_box_cover.jpg (65KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Diplomacy_box_cover.jpg
65KB, 250x250px
>>50295008
>How about Axis and Allies.
How about Diplomacy?
>>
File: CouldBeWorse.png (1MB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
CouldBeWorse.png
1MB, 1600x2400px
>>50295193
/biz/ was /pol/'s equivalent of /e/ to /v/, iirc, but it was all sockpuppeting, /pol/ just did it harder. Don't worry too hard about forgetting last year. /qa/ accidentally burned the dance-nasium down and all other venues were booked. Kinda died out and never happened.
>>
>>50295375
Last year, I remember doing games with an /x/-phile, a /d/eviant, and a /vp/oreon. I'd like to do that again, this year, but with a /his/torian and whoever else would like to join.

Maybe that's why I'm so for the Winter Ball. I've had nothing but good experiences, thanks to /tg/ and tabletop gaming.

Where did the time go, anon? What's happening to me?

>>50295325
Never played that before. Is it any good?
>>
>>50295428
>Never played that before. Is it any good?
Basically is a strategy game loosely following world war 1 with no random elements it is all about proper planning and accurately guessing what your opponents will do.
>>
>>50295493
>a game about mind games and yomi
>against /his/, the board of humanities and philosophers

Well, it'll be a quick game, at least.
>>
>>50295520
Ok, So I've decided on Axis an Allies. For that we have two options:

http://atwar-game.com/

and utilizing Roll20. Roll20 might be better since we could upload a huge custom map and custom icons and use that. I will, unfortunately, be unable to run it.

If you've got any other suggestions on sites we could use, let me know.
>>
>>50295913
I use this for when I want to play axis and allies.
http://www.triplea-game.org/
>>
Ok, yeah, this one's it. Any suggestions before I make the challenge? Also, some art might not hurt.
>>
>>50295913
I can run it in a couple of days, if no one else has picked it up.
>>
>>50296588
Sweet. You gonna be ok running all of this?
>>
>>50295493
Diplomacy really need more than two players though. At least with Axis and Allies the 5 nations are split into two teams.
>>
>>50297023
There are variants for two players, like France Britain Russia against Austria Germany and Turkey, with no italy.
>>
>>50296956
Of course. I'd love to. I'm just INCREDIBLY lazy, and will need time to study whatever rules are needed.
>>
>>50297110
I know, but considering 90% of the gameplay is in the discussions between the players before the moves are made I don't see a 1v1 working.
>>
>>50297224
Ok, I'm sending the link right now, any final words?
>>
Aaand Sent:

>>>/his/1973014
>>
>>50297254
Tell them that I wish them the best of luck, and if no games happen tomorrow, I'll run it on monday or Tuesday.
>>
I'll sign up for the /tg/ team.
>>
>>50297291
Ah, shit. Right as I send this /his/ goes and creates a CAH set:

>>>/his/1972876
>>
>>50297424
Join in! Have some fun with them.
>>
>>50297424
Could someone make sure the challenge doesn't hit their page 10? I've got a session and will be offline.
>>
File: 1478897751165.jpg (431KB, 1821x1369px) Image search: [Google]
1478897751165.jpg
431KB, 1821x1369px
>no flavorful MtG match with /his/
I'm very upset.
>>
>>50298347
I am too. I wanted it, but I figured /his/ would have a more fun time of Axis and Allies.
>>
>>50298514
Or they would do, if they reply to our challenge.
>>
>>50298543
They haven't even replied? That sucks.

At least the Pokemon match with /vp/ went well, right? I missed it on account of work, but I'm sure it was great.
>>
>>50298543
It could be possible they lost interest in the event.

Though other than the fact not a single winter ball thread has been created by them since the last one i realy no basis for this.
>>
>>50298563
Round 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477841650
Round 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477846829
Round 3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477853235
Round 4: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477858503
Round 5: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477861815
>>
>>50298575
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. It's only been a few days.

Us paying more attention to /vp/ was pretty bad...
>>
>>50299036
Who knows all we can do is keep the thread up for as long as we can without overstaying our welcome and hope something comes from it.
>>
>>50298563
RIP in peace, Bravest Bird.
>>
>>50299036
>>50299132
I mean, it's sad they might not attend, but maybe we won't have to search so hard for a date for Herodotus?
>>
>>50299154
Fuck Bravest Bird. I mean... good match, but still, OP. Well, we knew what we were getting into. I say if /his/ doesn't respond we challenge /vp/ again, this time to a Tiered match. Or we do that MTG thing with them.
>>
>>50299791
let's do an MTG thing with them give em a little taste of our front of mastery.

At least we swept them hard in the first round.
>>
>>50299791
Nah man, /vp/ won Pokemon. Feel free to go on their board and look at showderp for people to play.
>>
>>50299837
I Second this one. If /his/ is a no show, we cut our losses and focus on /vp/, they're as active as us, despite being busy with Sun/Moon, and they've certainly been working on as much, if not more OC. If /his/ shows back up, great, we welcome them with open arms, but there's no need for us to push it. The challenge is on page 7 as it is.
>>
>>50300100
Harsh Dubs man, but you've got a point. Should we bump it, or wait until it reaches page 9? /his/ is pretty fucking slow.
>>
>>50300326
wait there is no need to bump it /his/ is so darn slow we can wait for page 10 then bump it once and leave it.
>>
>>50300345
Yeah, gotcha. Should I suggest the mtg match as an alternative option, or do we stick to our first post?
>>
>>50300399
let's just stick to this if they aren't going to bite for this i doubt they would be much more interested in MTG.
>>
>>50300420
True. Kinda sad though.

Do we still keep the Chariot if they don't show?
>>
>>50300456
I don't see why not. Plenty traditional games use them.
>>
>>50300456
>>50300345
>>50300326
>>50300100
Let's not give up on them yet. /his/ is as slow as time itself, moving as fast as moss on a Greek boulder. Give them time.
>>
>>50300606
And like a Greek boulder, we might get our hopes up only to have them roll right back to the bottom of the hill.
>>
>>50300723
AND WE WILL ROLL THAT GODDAMN ROCK BACK UP THE HILL.
>>
>>50300723
>>50300732

This is how I feel about every new MTG release, in hopes of seeing the return of Thallids.
>>
i can already see it in my mind Teej walk up to Herodotus who is sitting in classical the thinker pose contemplating something and suggest they play axis and allies Herodotus doesn't react 10 minutes later nothing has changed 1 hour later nothing has changed Teej visibly getting annoyed, 6 hours later Teej has decided he works on something else while he waits, 12 hours later Teej decides to leave it, 3 days later Herodotus finally finished contemplating Who then turns to where Teej was and responds "ah yes was there something you wanted to talk about?" Teej no longer there he shrugs and continues to contemplate Teej then returns and the cycel continues.
>>
>>50300854
Make it So, Drawanon.
>>
>>50301102
I'm not actualy a Drawfriend sadly my skills are terribly lacking just putting our current conundrum in how i would see it in character from my mind to words.
Though if someone with actual skill would be willing to pick it up and turn it into something that would be awesome.
>>
>>50300854
Sounds like a classic 4koma, but it could be split into 2 parts. He'd be sitting in the forum while Historia yells about how the Egyptians invented electricity.
>>
>>50285248
Rock, Fossil, and Ghost.
>>
>>50285462
Aerodactyl
>It's a fucking pterodactyl
>>
>>50303171
Hoot-hoot
>Athena's owl.
>>
Slow morning today. Do we have anything planned?
>>
>>50305210
Not realy we were planning on playing some games with /his/ now that the ball is in /vp/s park however /his/ seems to have forgotten about the winter ball and /vp/ is all busy with the sun and moon release hype.
>>
>>50305230
I guess I'll check back in a few hours.
>>
So... we could dick around a bit with one of the other boards. I mean, there's something strangely horrifying yet appealing to challenging /pol/ or /d/ to Cards Against Humanity.
>>
>>50307600
If i remember correctly we were also working on a pair of decks so we could challeng /vp/ to a game of MTG.
i think we had decided on commanders for the format with a black green and a smattering of red for the colors we still need to think of what kind of deck would fit /vp/
>>
>>50307662
why don't we just play the pokemon tcg?
>>
>>50307699
Because we want to have fun?
>>
>>50307662
>>50307699
The decks were for either /his/ or /vp/ but we decided since /vp/ won to let them make the move. Granted Sun and Moon killed their thread.
>>
>>50307699
We could but we already had a massive duel off with them giving them a little taste of the other side would be fun.
>>
>>50307662
The consensus was something like Green Red Fatties for /vp/, very Creature focused for them.

/tg/ on the other hand, favors Green Red Black equally, and fovors Combos and decks that tell stories more than anything else, either through flavor, or through the crazy situations the deck creates, usually Dragon Tribal or Theros God Commanders.
>>
>>50307720
the black green red actualy came from a poll one of the anons in our thread set up with.
I believe some sort of dragon for the commander i can't for the live of me remember which one they decided on though.

We realy hadn't discussed what /vp/ or /his/ would fit but i think for /vp/ probably a green blue red no idea for /his/ though i don't visit them enough.
>>
>>50307756
Actually, this could be rather fun. We could create a Fatty vs. Fatty deck. Our Dragons vs. Their Behemoths and such.
>>
>>50307801
So let's ask the most important question then.

What could be the theoretical commander for this behemoths deck?
>>
>>50307913
Craterhoof.

Or that one mono green theros goddess.
>>
>>50308156
Just looked that up god that would suck to face in a creature centric deck i love it.
>>
File: Image (8).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (8).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50308182
Here's the god in question. Now, the problem is that a mono - green commander means a mono- green deck. There is, However, a rather interesting solution to the limiting factors of a Monochromatic deck: we splash Eldrazi, artifacts, and other colorless cards in order to round their deck out. Actually, this works way too well when you consider Eldrazi to represent Legendaries, and Artifacts as various items.

So, /vp/'s MTG Deck anyone?
>>
>>50309841
To bad we can't spice it up a bit more with some other colors, though on the flip side keeping it mono with colorless will reduce the skill lvl needed to play it and keep it open to beginners while still being pretty powerfull.

Now then the second part to this would be how would we build our own deck?
>>
>>50309841
I like the idea of giving some hydras to that deck. Things like heroes bane in particular is like training the monster, and it's a win condition when given trample
>>
>>50309968
I think we should build their deck first, and make it a real "Fuck You" deck for anyone(us) who faces it. Then we build a deck that is NOT a counter to it, but is able to counter it, while still being it's own deck. Since they get a god, we could get a god, or we could just tweak the one being built here: >>50292287

>>50310069
This is plan. This is plan I like.
>>
>>50310223
fair enough just wanted to see if we could get some form of consensus on what kind of spread are we looking at in terms of green red and black so i could start looking into cards that might fit.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Well, since it's mainly Winter Ball posters involved, we should probably build it here. Maybe start coming up with Commanders? I liked Xenagos.
>>
>>50310366
it's decent but i personaly feel it doesn't realy fit the feel of the deck we are trying to build
>>
File: Image (5).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (5).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50310460
Yeah. How about this one?
>>
>>50310483
That might be a good one could lead to some nice moments i say we put it in the books and keep it as a nice option.
>>
File: WBTest00.png (823KB, 900x2555px) Image search: [Google]
WBTest00.png
823KB, 900x2555px
>>50283177
/his/ here, how are things going on this end? /vp/ didn't have a thread up, and I apparently missed a thread posted on /his/ yesterday regarding the ball.
>>
File: 20130109.png (854KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
20130109.png
854KB, 600x887px
>>50310660
>>
>>50310660
Oh hey /his/ we thought for a while you had forgotten about the whole deal.

yeah we wanted to see if you guys where up for a game of Axis and Allies.
>>
>>50310660
Well, we challenged you guys to a game of Axis and Allies. No response though. However, The /his/ CAH game looked sexy as hell.
>>
>>50310660
/vp/'s thread archived. They're kind of riding the Sun and Moon Hype Train right now. They should be back by next week.
>>
>>50310714
>>50310719
>>50310736
Sorry about that, apparently the entirety of /his/ from the last ball thread (me included) completely missed /vp/'s post from yesterday. Which is odd, because some 100+ posters were on that thread.

To be honest, I have no idea how many people on /his/ are actually still interested in the ball, so I don't know if anyone will answer. I'm mainly focusing on trying to draw at least one winter ball-related 4koma (like the one I posted, except with hopefully a little more consistency qualitywise) a week. If you have any ideas for what I could draw the three boards doing in the meantime, I'd be glad to run with it, though.
>>
>>50310780
well a couple posts up someone had a decent in character idea this one >>50300854 for why his is having trouble responding.
>>
>>50310820
Gotcha, I'll run with that.
>>
>>50310780
>>50310820

Teej should try and call Vanille afterwards, but Vanille is too bust. So he calls Viol...

>SHUT UP FAGGOT!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW, WE'LL TALK IN ABOUT A WEEK. UNTIL THEN I'VE GOTTA WORK OUT THE NEW META BEFORE THAT SHITPASTE /R/POKÉMON DOES!
>>
>>50310855
Wait, are we going to "tan" reddit? That would be hilarious:

>4chan house is wild, messy, and are plagued with pop up ads.
>there's constant violence between boards, but that's because they actually interact with each other.
>yellow pages boards are actually talked about, and love to join in on the fun
>the Reddit apartments are 20 times bigger
>the "nsfw" building is separated from the "sfw" building
>the tans are actually holograms, controlled by 20 or so males in their 30s that have strapped themselves into the "upvote" machine, that kills of any thoughts that are not supported by the rest of the group. This makes all the holograms look, act, and mourn for Hillary's loss the same way (most of them, that is)
>/r/Pokémon doesn't know any subreddits that would resemble /tg/ or /his/, and is portrayed as a 17 year old male that is taller than vanellie, stronger than viol, and a bigger jerk than both combined.
>/vp/ and /r/Pokémon are currently in their rooms, playing Pokémon sun and moon as fast as possible, each yelling out insults out their windows to the other (as 4chan and Reddit live across the street)
>>
>>50311272
nah, they aren't worth the time. Cool ideas though.
>>
>>50311349
Why thank you.

Great, now I want to write about an encounter with /tg/ and /r/magictcg, where /r/magictcg keeps showing pictures of himself to /tg/ and keeps saying "you know, this is what makes me so great, you know?"
>>
>>50311485
Yeah, but at the end of the day, they still play Magic together, and have a good laugh over Grand Prix Richard Crackstyle.
>>
>>50311272
>/k/ and the gang taking pot-shots across the street every Sunday
>Some of the r/ holos have to take cover in the Safe Space

Maximum kek.
>>
>>50311534
They'll still argue over the magic stories, with /tg/ hating most of them and /r/magictcg loving all of them.
>>
>>50311647
/r/DnD seems nice enough, but he ignores everything except for 5e for the most part, so he can be even more autistic than /tg/ at times.
>>
Tumblr would be a College Dorm down the street. The campus is the cheapest state in the US. The Dorm was supposedly All-female at some point, but the definition of "Female" has become so subdued by the residents that it's been quietly re-labeled Co-Ed, though no one has told the residents.
>>
>>50312738
*Cheapest State College in the US.
>>
>>50311746
/r/TabletopCrusaders, on the other hand, is pretty good friends with /tg/, and a nice guy to boot. They meet up every Sunday.
>>
>>50312775
>implying
Namefags killed /sss/
>>
>>50312989
Ah, yeah I was halfway through making a futuristic Pharma-punk JoJo setting. It was actually pretty great. Then that shit Gibus Edgeless couldn't handle someone using his name, started Tripfagging, and basically fucked it up for everyone.
>>
>>50313042
I'm sorry the d10 system hasn't been finish. The other devs and I are having a big case of life for the past while. Also we are just at an impass at design.
>>
>>50313042
>Gibus Edgeless
Janitor take note. /sss/ would be greatly improved without this guy.
>>
>>50313091
You're fine. Design takes time, we get it.
>>
>>50299624
But that's us anon.
>He doesn't want to date the marble historian
>>
>>50313417
Actually, I just think we should settle down a bit. See where things go with /vp/. I mean, at the end of the day, don't we want what /co/ has with /ck/?
>>
>>50313563
It seems nice. Lets see what /his/ does, as we don't want to make them angry or anything and exclude them if they want to join in with the fun.
>>
>>50315027
Yeah, definitely not. Vanille/Teej needs to be a thing though. How many years have we been building up to it?

I'm sad that all we can offer them is PTU
>>
>>50312738
Tumblr would have a non-described building that was building-sexual.

>>50315065
Lewd.
Meh. I have a secret love for Teej and Demona, but that is just me.
>>
>>50315651
Everyone has a secret thing for /d/, anon. The problem is that /d/ doesn't like to limit their options. A serious relationship with /d/ will never happen with anyone, unless it's something like a committed open relationship.(which I actually hope happens with /x/) Also /d/ is jealous of the /tg/ harem.
>>
>>50315708
I feel like there's enough between /tg/ and /d/ to bind that together. I also would think Demona would be willing for something serious. They've displayed fidelity before.
>>
>>50315748
>implying the only reason they practice fidelity isn't for cuckoldry.
>>
>>50315811
That is, unsurprisingly, not a fetish on /d/. It's too normie.
>>
>>50315708
is /d/ not with /mlp/? I thought the power of horsecock overcame all. They were together for a while if nothing else
>>
>>50315874
Nah, they're currently considering whether they're going to invite /mlp/, but their main date is /x/. They bonded over creepy waifus, succubi summoning, and both getting raped by Cthulhu.
>>
>>50315065
This would be the third I believe. More was going to happen last year, but since things fizzled out, so did the OC. Part of the issue is ensuring its mutual though. It's too easy to sock puppet a board unintentionally and force a whole load of cringe.

Speaking of which, I've finished the first draft of the follow-up to >>50289940 And >>50287081 if anyone's following. Just need to do some proofreading.
>>
File: meat jersey daughter 01.jpg (725KB, 766x800px) Image search: [Google]
meat jersey daughter 01.jpg
725KB, 766x800px
>>50315891
>creepy waifus
respectable
>>
>>50316016
>a whole load of cringe
You seem to misunderstand what we are doing with the ball. Half the battle is in coming to terms with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 1280x600px
>>50316214
Before I forget, wanna add http://m.imgur.com/a/88H2U
to the mega? It's for /vp/ and /his/.
I'll finish something up for /his/ and /tg/ quite soon.
>>
File: 1414126795228.jpg (414KB, 1300x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1414126795228.jpg
414KB, 1300x1230px
Alright, fucking did it, proofread and modified and everything. I'll probably go back over it tomorrow and change shit anyway because right now it's 5am and I'm DONE, but for now I'm satisfied. I haven't gone to sleep yet, and the sun's not up either, so I did it, I delivered "today". Here it is, part 3, The Big Flirt.

http://pastebin.com/Wf32z4UE

I also updated the original paste to include all parts up to now with a handy little table of contents if you wanna catch up. Altogether it's just called "The Flirt"

Someone tell me when /vp/ has a thread again so I can post it there too. WOOO, time to sleep.
>>
>>50317620
>http://pastebin.com/Wf32z4UE
>>
>>50317620
>and in a shade of purple that went well with her new complexion.
>>
>>50317643
>>50317700
The double dubs has it. BTW, you should reload your tabs since I changed exactly one word late in the story.
>>
>>50317620
loved it anon

thanks man
>>
>>50317620
I love your work anon, but the 'EXTRA Heretical' part was to much. My sides have left orbit and are on there way to the omnissiah.
>>
>>50317620
>>50316349
I'm almost done with real world things, so I'll get back to my PC before sundown and get this stuff taken care of. Thank you for your hard work, boys.
>>
Just got done with a one-shot wild west campaign and I'm up for making more. Do we have any players from the other boards?
>>
File: Image (10).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (10).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Alright, so I've been thinking about how to go about building /vp/'s deck, and I came across this. Forget Nyx as a commander, this is /vp/'s General. It's Creature Mana Ramp, the card.
>>
>>50320696
Probably still keep Nyx though. It's too nice of a card not to include.
>>
So, what the actual fuck is going on? I've been around for a while but never paid attention to this Ball thing. Anyone would care to educate an anon in this whole Winter Ball thing?

From what I've been able to figure out from visiting the 1d4chan site and some browsing it seems that the tans are having a party at the 4chan House?
>>
>>50320750
Get a bunch of Write and Drawfags, stick them in a chatroom filled with a collective Playlist, and then center the whole thing around the board-tans going to a ball together. It's basically a time where other boards interact with each other for fun and OC. It's actually quite a bit of fun. We just had a huge match against /vp/, which you should check out the replays for. Now we're trying to get /his/ into a game of Axis and Allies, and building a duel deck set so we can challenge /vp/ to some Magic.

Also Savage Worlds 4chan Wacky Races may be a thing.
>>
On the subject of the playlist, do you think we should include a Two Steps from Hell Track? I mean, they'd probably have a couple of songs to pad our 40k song requirements.
>>
>>50320750
I will explain in detail when I get home. Hell, I'll write a pastebin about this.
>>
>>50320750
Basically, it's a small group from all over 4chan that's trying to keep this small project they've cooked up alive even though it's been limping and near death for the last couple of years, involving making their personifications of the boards go on dates.

To try and advertise their project and stall out its death, they make these threads and keep them bumped with "fun and OC", which largely translates to "cringe-inducing activities" and "begging for drawfags to make OC for us."

If you're looking for a hugbox to dump stuff and get praised for it, this is the place. If you're looking for people who like to say things like "/tg/ likes [stupid thing I like]" or "/tg/ and [board I puppet on] are lovers!", this is also that place.

Thankfully, they fade away pretty quickly, since even they have trouble forcing enthusiasm into this thing for any length of time.
>>
>>50321226
That really isn't needed.

>>50321228
Welcome back
>>
>>50321228
Ok, now do the one where you come in as an artist from another board and tell us that /tg/-tan looks like a loser. Then wait ten minutes, and come back again as a board member with the exact same opinion, then continue to argue the point in the exact same manner.
>>
>>50321295
>>50321226
The pastebin might be a good idea to include in the OP though.
>>
>>50320696
>>50320728

I Second Karametra. /vp/ will get way more milage out of free mana for summoning a creature, and White will give them a nice early game with cheap creatures, plus a few counter-spells if they need it.
>>
>>50321228
>>50293604
>>
>>50321295
Nevermind, then.

>>50321459
I'll be maintaining the megabin once I'm back to my PC.
>>
File: c02.jpg (76KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
c02.jpg
76KB, 500x563px
>>50317620
BTW, if there's any drawfags that want to take inspiration from anything I've written or just wanna draw Vanille and Teej (and Viol and Herodotus and Historia) in swimsuits, please, feel free. I actually wrote in that rustling clothing rack explicitly for a "stupid sexy Teej" moment for Viol, whether someone draws it out or I take 5 minutes to write it later.

Anyway, brainstorming the next thing. Probably won't really get to it until tomorrow, but I think it'll be good.
>>
>>50322923
Air battles, as a concept, should seem cool. In practical application, however, you'd only get broken bones and death from it.
>>
>>50322923
well done on the writefagging, cute as fuck.
>>
http://pastebin.com/Z57p7sJE

Pastebin updated. Still no word from the other boards, due to this and that. Pokemon SuMo and the Peru Leaks of FFXV have made things a little quiet on all fronts.
>>
>>50326840
Playlist Anon, here's a thread up for 40k music, thought you might be interested: >>50322825
>>
File: 20161121005537_1.jpg (169KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
20161121005537_1.jpg
169KB, 1280x600px
>>50326840
here's the final touch. exaggerated carnifex ripping through a pirate ship, lazy it be.

http://imgur.com/a/yd64a

that'll be all this year. i'm done now if any of you hate me for some reason.
>>
Ok, so things have gotten slow. Here's what I'm thinking: this thread dies, new thread starts during peak /tg/ hours, when the thread is sure to stay bumped thanks to our resident Shitposter. I start /vp/'s Commander Deck Building, which I'm thinking will just be a card list dump that I then turn into a tappedout, which we then fashion into a functional deck. Sounds good?
>>
>>50329039
Please don't bait shitposting. That just won't end well.

>>50328810
Looks nice. Sorry to see you go, man.

>>50328183
I should get around to adding that.
>>
Sorry I was absent from the threads for the past few days lads. I was travelling through a far away land and achieving great things. Now that I have accomplished my goal of becoming a Pokemon master I will be back in full force!
>>
>>50330420
>he didn't catch them all
>>
>>50330591
I'm working on a living dex now anon. Just finished Nuzlocking Moon. Was great fun, even a bit hard at points. MVP and Biggest Bro awards go to Vector the Magnezone. Solo'd most of the totem pokemon, saved my ass way more than once, and died valiantly heavily damaging the champion's ace while taking a Z-move.
R.I.P Vector. It would not have been possible if it weren't for you.
>>
>>50329656
Depends. If people want to
Request things, they're more than fine to do so. That said, since people generally overlook the posts, I'm assuming that's not the case. Probably due to the fact I do nothing related to the board-tans, but it's whatever.
>>
>>50330630
Would you say that moon & sun would be a good place to get back into pokémon? I've not played one since Ruby, but watching the matches between /vp/ and /tg/ got me pretty hyped to try one again.
It's still not out in Europe so i'll have to wait anyhow.
>>
>>50330876
Yes
>>
>>50330876
Sun & Moon is pretty great. If you're itching to get back in before then though, I recommend romhacks. Some of them are rather well-done in their development, and feel like entirely new games.

I say Pokémon Dark Energy, which is a hack of the original Silver. More story focused, and the main hack is an item called a De-stone. Basically, you can de-evolve your Eevee starter, keep his moveset, then evolve him into something else. Your Espeon can have Water, Electric, and Fire moves.

If you're feeling masochistic though, Pokémon Dark Rising. This thing is legendarily hard. Forget about Nuzlocking this thing, just try and get through it as-is.
>>
>>50329656
The guy won't leave, so we might as well plan around his existence in the thread. He always hits around new thread time, during /tg/'s active hours. This means the Winter Ball thread stays bumped no matter what during /tg/'s busiest time.
>>
>>50333815
And if he stops because we planned around him, that will fall into our hands too.
>>
>>50333737
/vp/ here. Yeah, Dark Rising is absolutely sadistic. You will reach a point where level 100's naturally occur in the wild. You end up facing a member of the Elite 4 with a team full of Legendaries. Other than the bugs, the game itself is actually pretty great, especially if you're looking for something harder.
>>
>>50315708
>>50315651
>>50315748

I mean, I´m flatterd you´d think about doing somehthing together again, But, Think about open loving relationships? That´s a little extreme even for our standards isn´t it?

We arnt jelly we just want all the dicks in all of our holes ourselves instead. We promise.
>>
>>50335452
Please, all that is just sex. At the end of the day what you really want is someone to hold hands with.
>>
>>50335858
>>50335452
/d/ would totally have that Slut turned Tsundere love story, wouldn't they?
>>
>>50336510
I dunno, seems too vanilla for them. Though I'm not sure, isn't de-corruption also a /d/-tier fetish?
>>
>>50339615
Well, going by personality, Holding Hands would be their hard limit. All it would take is the few seconds to consider that that is their last unexplored fetish...
>>
>>50340287
I think the final, unexplored fetish for /d/ would be a loving, consensual relationship that is both chaste and appreciated in a mental capacity.
>>
>>50340701
>>50340287
Guys, I think you're forgetting, just because /d/ explores the limits of fetishes (as can be applied to the rules of this site), doesn't mean /d/ likes all fetishes equally. She did some hand-holding-tier shit the last TWO years with /mlp/ along with the usual kinky stuff of course, but she's still dumped her for /x/ this year.

I mean sure, yeah, I get the joke, we're so transgressive and edgy here on 4chan that something pure and wholesome becomes the edge of common decency, but that's still more /h/'s thing, not /d/'s, and that arrogance and self-congratulating attitude with that assumption that /d/ totally wants to do pure stuff with US is why we got (rightfully) turned away two years ago. I get that people like the old flame between us and /d/, and I know I'm being a bit no fun allowed, but I also don't want /d/ to be mad at us again because we're acting like self-centered fools.
>>
>>50340986
You're taking this a tad too far, man. Everyone knows it's for humor's sake.
>>
Alright, we need a project. something to keep this thread going, otherwise we'll be stuck doing nothing until /his/ or /vp/ re-emerge. The MTG thing is a good start, but is there anything else?
>>
>>50341468
We have the /his/ card game, but we still need to color things.

Plato - discard your hand, draw that many cards (" knowledge is not empirical, and that it comes from divine insight")

Aristotle - one player reveals their hand ("all peoples' concepts and all of their knowledge was ultimately based on perception")

Nietzsche - cannot be countered normally, can be countered by any school philosopher with higher strength ("Nietzsche asserts that what made people great was not the content of their beliefs, but the act of valuing")

Socrates - reverses the order of strength valuation ("he himself knew he was not wise at all, which, paradoxically, made him the wiser one since he was the only person aware of his own ignorance")

Newton- Copy the effect of the philosopher 3 cards down in the community pile"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Epicurus [Friend to All] - Immediately play any other Philosopher from your hand, resolving their ability. The next player must then counter that Philosopher.

Epicurus [Original Atheist] - Until your next turn, no player may resolve Philosopher abilities.

Epicurus [Pursuer of Ataraxia] - A player who wishes to counter this Philosopher must discard a card from their hand to do so.

Diogenes - When faced against cards he's weak against, Diogenes can disregard the debate wheel and simply tell the man to stand out of his sunlight, temporarily turning into a stronger color than the opposing card.

Rene Descartes [Give Her The Dick] - Counters anyone, countered by anyone.
>>
A good secondary project would be helping design a campaign for that Wacky Races idea.
>>
>>50341551
This I can do. What do you need?

Also putting us on the timer for the next thread. Page 10, here we come.
>>
>>50341742
I'll make the new thread when the time comes.

I'm on a 5E kick right now, but I can get the Savage Worlds pdf and the Vehicle ruleset and all that on my own. I'm an improv GM, though, so I'll need ideas and a basic structure of how to do this race.
>>
>>50341789
It's actually quite easy in my mind. The whole thing is just a huge PVP SW combat, with you interrupting every so often with new Enemies and or obstacles. The important thing in this isn't the story, it's the way combat plays out. Basically, run combat with some roleplaying in-battle, and use this guy's advice:

http://theangrygm.com/manage-combat-like-a-dolphin/
>>
>>50341913
To add to this, Any prep you do should probably come in the form of a random encounter chart.

The next obstacle is a:

Bridge... Made of wood... and is structurally unsound.
>>
>>50341789
I think what you need to do is fairly obvious:

https://www.watchcartoononline.io/anime/wacky-races
>>
>>50344379
Move when ready.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.