[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ Winter Ball Discussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 44

File: The Romance of the Three Boards.jpg (493KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
The Romance of the Three Boards.jpg
493KB, 1152x864px
This is the thread for discussing the 4chan Winter Ball and board-tan related topics. Content creation, board-tan discussion, inter-board news, and general goodwill is welcome. Please do not shitpost.

The megabin of content created by /his/, /tg/, and /vp/. (Updated 11/15/2016)
http://pastebin.com/Z57p7sJE

Current /tg/-related news :
>There will be a showdown battle between /tg/ and /vp/ to show who's the boss of this gym on Thursday (?).
>Multiple projects for both /vp/ and /his/ are in the works.
>This may become the first 4chan Wacky Races between /pol/o/, /m/int/, /histgvp/, and /XD/. Our ride is currently a red chariot with tons of orky bitz stuck onto it, led by two Scoliopedes.
>The ball may happen at any of these two dates : November 26 or December 3, depending on what /qa/ says

Question of the Thread -
Depending on how things go in /xd/'s boards, how should we approach a possible joining of both our parties? It's been asked before, but I might as well ask again to be sure.
>>
>>50269807
I keep forgetting to link the previous thread.
>>50249276
>>
File: VP TANS 2016.png (862KB, 1775x1913px) Image search: [Google]
VP TANS 2016.png
862KB, 1775x1913px
>>50269807
I'd rather stay in touch, but not go as a group. Also don't forget a drawfriend aged up /vp/ to general approval.
>>
File: studio-tallinn.jpg (52KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
studio-tallinn.jpg
52KB, 960x640px
>>50269807
Reposting suggest that we host the ball in a previously unused huge basement dungeon/room like an underground nightclub/rave.
>>
>>50269807
Hey /tg/. I'm one of the drawfags that worked on /aco/, and while I really like this board and what you do here, I got to say that I just don't really feel motivated to draw your board-tan.

The more I look at it, the more I don't like it, and I at the point where I almost just want to do a 180 redesign, if that's cool. I'd love for the /tg/ drawfags to also help out though, because I rarely come here and my major forte is character design, not traditional games.
>>
>>50269965
Well let's talk it out. What needs to change for it to be fun?
>>
>>50269965
As another anon has so eloquently put it,
>"The drawfags will draw what they will draw."

All that we ask is that there is a general /tg/ feel to it. This means dice (canonically d20s, but it can be other dice), something to do with cyberpunk, and something to do with Warhammer.
>>
>>50269965
What about it is bad? I always liked it because like /co/nrad, it's not the base design but the outfits he wears that makes Teej fun.
>>
>>50269965
It's fine if you don't like the design, drawfriend. What motivates you, motivates you, but the design of /tg/-tan is based in what works. We've never really had a very strong characterization from looks because as a board we play so many different characters. It's where /tg/'s design came from, he's an open canvas to put whatever costume you want onto.

I mean, you can make and post whatever you like, but don't expect to really get positive feedback. There's a reason /tg/'s design has lasted so long.
>>
>>50269807
They prefer to go by /dx/, pronounced dicks. And I say we meet them there, but don't pair up. /d/ hates being in the /tg/ harem, because they'd much rather have their own harem, and /x/ is... well, x.

>>>50269904
We still need to draw our victory comic against /vp/, asking Vanille to be our girl.
>>
>>50269965
You could always add a new outfit, last year (though the ball was way more low key) we had a cyber punk theme.
Identifying teeg is the artists job, that is having the audience recognize the character instantly, without having a label; you see those OC's with 'nametags', not a bad choice, but unecessary if they flushed out the board's theming.
Tans are a creative exercise in both representation, and branding.
this years theme seems to be ambiguous, since we're still getting to know our companion boards. I do love the wacky racers idea, i want to sketch up the group in racing suits, but we shall see.
>>
>>50269965
Draw whatever you want anon.

As long as you're not here to start another spam war, because you're continuing your tirade on the Winter ball and anything /tg/ related.
>>
>>50269984
I just get this overwhelming "loser vibe" from him, y'know? Not the good kind of loser either, and he's also pretty bare-bones in terms of design in general. Most of the art makes it seem like he's stuck in first draft mode. And, I don't want to be rude, but the redesign with the hat and armor, and armor in general, just sort of make him look like a loser in armor. I'm flipping through the board-tan image archive, and he just doesn't fit and doesn't look good.
But, that's just my opinion, and I don't want to just barge in if you guys are happy with him, it's just that we did a lot of great work with /aco/ and I like this board and I'd love it if I could help him actually look not so... sorry, but loser-ish.
>>
>>50270131
Well, remember this - Teej is based off of an amalgamation of real-life fa/tg/uys, who are, in fact, average Joe Schmoes. He was designed to be a regular person because he IS a regular person - just a guy who tells stories both great and shitty. A man who loves roleplay. The people's man.

/tg/'s man.
>>
So... I was the anon at the end of the last thread that called /pol/ out on merely dabbling in RNG... and I also was the guy who won the 14d88 and the Steelix rolls. Sorry for egging /pol/ like that.
>>
>>50270131
Well if you look at what everyone else says, Teej is a fairly plain guy with costumes aplenty. Find an outfit that works and put him in it. So long as the character can be seen as the same you can change as much as you want.
>>
>>50270155
I'm just really glad we didn't make /aco/ an amalgam of the real life users, I guess. That would have been horrifying.But, it sounds like you guys want to stick with "loser in costumes" theme, especially if you're going to get poetic on me, so I'm just going to head back to /aco/.
>>
>>50270163
And really i've always thought that was his biggest advantage. you can utilize that look to work with almost anything with it still being the character.

personal aesthetic i guess, same with why /v/'s simple tan works.
>>
>>50269807
>led by two Scoliopedes.

Will there be donuts?
>>
>>50270223
No, that's just how I think the board feels on the matter. Me, personally, I'm torn between keeping him an average man but improving his general looks; or scrapping the average man and making him something like a Spehss Muhreen or a Warboss.
>>
>>50270223
K, bye
>>
>>50270223
>>50270131
Ah, yep. This is that one Shitposter. Next time we see him he'll be arguing that the winter ball isn't /tg/
>>
>>50270277
i feel like making him a space marine or a warboss would be a bit to extreme however this did gave me the idea what if we played a bit more off of the fact that he's a rollplayer being able to fit into any roll and be generaly anything that is needed at the time while still just being him.
>>
>>50270155
>tg's man

Don't do that.

This Winter Ball thing isn't representative in any shape or fashion. This is something that you may forget or try to pretend is not the case, but that's where you go a step too far. It's just a small minority of posters using the /tg/ name for a character in a project which less than even a full percentage of this board or site care about.

As someone from /tg/, I have to pop in and say "No, this is not my 'man'." This is simply you Winter Ball folks' character, and as long as you don't forget that, the rest of us here can ignore you without having to deal with you guys pretending you represent the larger board in any fashion outside your project.
>>
>>50270297
>>50270409
What'd I just say?
>>
>>50270425
That was my first post in the thread, genius. And, I'm not saying the Winter Ball isn't /tg/, it's that your characters are not representatives/avatars of the board, especially when they're rather unpopular outside of your Winter Ball threads.
>>
>>50270480
Then what would you rather have since you are speaking for the majority?
>>
>>50270480
>Winter Ball invented board-tans
>Board-tans are only ever talked about in Winter Ball threads
...what.
>>
>>50270519
You to not arrogantly assume that you can speak for me or the 99.99%+ of posters who don't care for your project.
>>
>>50270584
Well if people want to decide what /tg/tan looks like, they can say so. Until then you can put your bait in the trash where it belongs.
>>
>>50270610
No one* cares what your /tg/-tan looks like, because no one* cares about your project. Keep him as is, just don't pretend anyone outside your projext has to accept or respect him.

>*a fraction of a percentage care
>>
>>50270409
Well, what's wrong with /tg/-tans design?

What causes you to be so mega autistic?

At the end of the day, the Winter Ball was started to make Boards do some corss-board OC.

Otherwise places like /tg/ just turn into "X General"

>>50270660
The Warhammer General fags hate the AoS fags, yet they both have neither right to tell them to fuck off of /tg/.
>>
File: Shymplytymply.jpg (68KB, 244x248px) Image search: [Google]
Shymplytymply.jpg
68KB, 244x248px
>>50270409
>>50270480
>Board-tans originated in Winter Ball
>>
Oh look,it's the same arguments last year.
And the year before that.

At least their shitfits spawned a certain hamster,that was kinda fun
>>
>>50270745
What was that hamster's name again? Man, that brings back memories.
>>
>>50270682
I'm not telling you to fuck off. I'm clarifying an important point you shouldn't forget. This is your thing, not /tg/ as a whole's thing, or 4chan as a whole's thing. You guys might want to pretend otherwise in hopes of using that to coerce people to help you out with your project, but that is distinctly underhanded, especially to people who are new to this site.

Don't forget, these threads were banned from this board not too long ago, and are still banned on several of the boards. If you want people to work on this project, that's your business, but don't pretend this is anything more special than a small group doing their own thing.
>>
>>50270777
>These threads were banned not too long ago

As I recall the only time Meta-Threads were distinctly banned on /tg/ were with nazi mod.

And who said we're trying to be ALL of /tg/.

We're as much a representation of /tg/ as WHFBG or Eclipse Phase General.

Deal with it and move on.
>>
So let's try to make that /his/ card game. To start off we need the basic rules. I remember people mentioning a few things though. Cards should have Argument and Contemplation modes. These would be attack and defense respectively.
>>
>>50270816
These threads were banned and moved several times from /tg/ even just last year. And the year before that. And so on and so forth. Hardly the era of Nazimod.

And, this response was simply clarifying a bit of a boast from one of your members. It's important that the boast isn't treated as anything other than that, a gross exaggeration.

I'm glad there is an accord in this matter.
>>
>I don't care about this thread. I just read it, post in it, and talk about how important my posts are and how arrogant anyone who disagrees with me is.
Anon, I'm pretty sure that's not how "not caring" works.

>>50270777
>I have not been around long enough to know what board-tans are, so everyone else must be newfags REEEEEE
Dude, board-tans have been around since at least 2005. /tg/ has only been around since 2007. You're making yourself look like an idiot.
>>
>>50270844
Keep it simple. Make it a little bit like Rock-Paper-Scissors in terms of argument-contemplation-innovation, but with a lot of philosophers.
>>
File: 1437416057259.png (11KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1437416057259.png
11KB, 478x373px
>>50270920
>I'm glad there is an accord in this matter.
>Literally begging for (you)s
>>
>>50271039
Well we need a big set of Philosophers, because I know nothing about them.
>>
>>50267128
Mega Fug is for when Viol get frustrated we're losing and decides to shift into Mega Overdrive.
>>
>>50271086
Asking /his/ would be cool. Maybe add some phases to card combat, too, like (Draw)-(Discover)-(Debate)-(Discard)
>>
>>50270959
What part of that contradicts anything that I said? Board-tans have never been "official" and are well understood to not actually serve as representatives of the boards in any fashion. They have always been just the hobby of a tiny minority of posters, who are typically tolerated as long as they don't try and force their characters on the rest of the board.

This Winter Ball business is largely just to try and keep the project from dying out, and have enjoyed several site-wide bans in its history. It's fair to call you guys an extreme minority, it's fair to say that there are no polls of any significance conducted in your threads, and its only too fair to say that no one on any of the boards has to care about your project.
>>
>>50271131
So what would Discover and Debate be? Also we should have spells or such be called "Evidence" cards.
>>
>>50270584
as a joe schmoe who isn't doing anything to do with the winter ball - why do you give a singular fuck what they do with a board-tan. it's not like its going to affect you.
>>
>>50270844
>>50271039
>>50271086
Could always make a simple system based on this classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZQJFbrqjUY
>>
>>50271160
Discover -> the discovery of new philosophical schools, events that happen to change the philosophical world (wars, peace treaties, etc.), and inventions that change the playing field to make some cards stronger / weaker.

Debate - the attacking phase. Philosophers do verbal battle in the Forum.

>>50271159
K
>>
>>50271161
I just don't like it when these guys try to lie in order to convince people of one thing or another. They've done it quite a lot in the past, and that actually may be what earned them all those bannings.

You're right that it's nothing to get stressed about, but I do feel it's important for these guys not to get too big heads. Even for their own sakes, arguably.
>>
>>50271250
Only person with big head here is you.

>>50271208
So do we want scores for battle or just types that trump eachother?
>>
>>50271250
eh, it'll resolve itself, they'll have their fun rping, then collating the rp into a wiki, updating a bunch of stories, and having threads talking about it before it goes away in the new year. besides, bigheadedness is a popular way of thinking on a board full of people pretending to be the hero
>>
>>50271304
Stats. Nothing above five, but each card can only have eight stats. Some philosophers are great debaters, some were great contemplators, and some were good at innovations and inventing.

In battle, we can either have debates be decided by rolling a six sided dice and deciding what numbers correspond to what stat (1-2 being arguing, 3-4 being contemplation, and 5-6 being innovation). Obviously, higher number = win.
>>
>>50271304
Cute, but I've already explained which posters here have made quite arrogant statements, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't out yourself as one of the guys who fell for the lies some time ago and have blindly thought you were contributing to something more than it actually is.

It makes me actually feel a little sad for you.
>>
>>50271343
I think it would be best to keep it to just cards. So in what order would the triangle of power go?
>>
>>50271366

You know what? You're right. Why don't we see exactly what everyone thinks of the Ball?

Here's a 1 question poll. Let's see if your opinion holds true or not.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11669464
>>
>>50271366
Nah, I know this is a small thing. But I want to make this as worthwhile as I can by making people happy. If you are having such a bad time because of one person's statement, then 4chan isn't for you.
>>
>>50271370
If it's purely just RPS, do something like Attack->Reason->Expose->Attack.
>>
>>50271387
This is like asking "who likes meat?" at a barbecue. Also, why do you think a poll that won't get more than perhaps fifty responses has any bearing on what thousands of people think?
>>
>>50271387
not him but even you should know that a poll like that is going to be horribly skewed in our favor when nobody expect for the people with some intrerest are even looking at this thread.
>>
>>50271448
>>50271458
You're right, my bad.

>>50271584

There, fixed.
>>
>>50271602
Well, this is a thing. Please don't let it get ut of hand, both of you.
>>
>>50271820
Eh, I'm leaving it alone for the most part. Actually, I'm hoping to get some juicy Bee- related /tg/ stories from it.
>>
>>50271863
Us posting in that thread would ruin the neutrality,so let's just lurk
>>
>>50271458
It's not only that, but that the answers are all extremely skewed, and ultimately aren't even the ones that are being asked here.

"Is it fun?" does not mean the same thing as "Is this an officially endorsed project?" And, the latter question isn't even poll-able, it's distinctly and factually false.

>>50271602
And, once again, you miss the point. You simply made another thread that most people will ignore or already filter.

You're quite dishonest in hoping to try and use polls in the manner that you are.
>>
File: 1453772658215.jpg (38KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
1453772658215.jpg
38KB, 360x361px
>>50271932
>officially endorsed project
>a project officially endorsed by an ever-changing mass of loosely affiliated anonymous users of a tibetan yak milking newsletter
>>
>>50271932
Please stop.
>>
>>50272064
I mean, shit man. You have an option for "I don't care", when not caring is done just by not voting.
>>
>>50271602
Looking at the poll now, it seems that the majority that doesn't like the ball doesn't have an opinion for or against it.

It's the same thing as the Mages' Guild.
>>
>>50272300
"I don't care for it" is hardly an endorsement. Like you said, they don't like it.
>>
>>50272321
They're apathetic enough that they don't care how /tg/-tan is represented in it, nor are they autistic enough to keep on posting here, as you do.
>>
>>50272321
But they don't hate it, either.
>>
>>50272321
I don't like MtG but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell them they don't belong and the majority of the board doesn't care about MtG if it's not the primary board traffic.
>>
>>50272521
Between the options of "I Fucking Hate it!" and "I don't give a shit", they preferred to say "I don't give a shit."

And, yes, the idea is that they don't care about the board-tan. In fact, even the people who voted positively don't necessarily care about it.
>>
>>50272590
>People who voted that they care about something don't actually care about Said thing.

K
>>
>there are spergs flipping their shit about the winter ball
>these are probably the same redditor shits who dragged the nazi mod in a while ago and split /tg/ in half with their sheer shitpost retardation.
>>
>>50272758
The question and answers are simply in relevance to the Winter Ball threads as a whole.
>>
>>50272797
>this was two years ago
Fuck, where did the time go? What happened to my life?
>>
>>50272830
Yeah, so? You said it yourself. Nobody cares about the board-tans outside of events pertaining to them. If they did, we'd have regular threads on them.
>>
>>50272797
Yeah. At this point the only reason we keep the little autist around is to keep the thread bumped.
>>
>>50272880
You seem confused. Are you the one who made the poll? The one with the negative answer asking "Why do we dedicate a month to this shit?"

"We" don't, if "We" includes the majority of the posters on this board. /tg/ as a whole doesn't dedicate a month to this. 4chan as a whole doesn't dedicate a month to this. It is a few posters, a very few posters, who care about this at all. Only you guys dedicate a month to it.

>Nobody cares about the board-tans outside of events pertaining to them.

Almost nobody cares about the board-tans even when you guys are doing these "events."
>>
Guys, I'm terribly sorry, but I will not be able to continue working on the Pokémon RPG.

I recently made the switch from Adderall to Vyvance and the side effects on the new meds are really shitty. The first night I didn't even sleep. I kept on writing all my thoughts on the rpg thread for 8 hours straight, argued with trolls, and it was the absolute cringest thing I've ever done. I'm going to be taking a break here, but I'll work on it in my spare time. If I get it done before the Ball I'll let you guys know.
>>
>>50272953
Well, you certainly seem to care enough that you posed as an /aco/ artist to shit on the thread... and come here any time the thread is live.
>>
>>50272996
Take care of yourself, anon. There's nothing more important than your personal health.
>>
File: HIS Cards.png (14KB, 706x545px) Image search: [Google]
HIS Cards.png
14KB, 706x545px
Some shitty icons for the types of cards.
Red is Arguement, very aggressive and fast paced.

Yellow is Innovation, all about comboing things together.

Blue is Contemplative, slowly taking control of everything.

The arrows indicate what type beats what it is pointing at.
>>
>>50273031
I am not here to shit on this thread. I'm here to keep you, you personally apparently, from running away with some sort of ego about this whole thing.

In fact, I apologize to the other people in this thread. I should have realized that you were some kind of head case when you started this whole "I bet everyone loves us!" poll business, and I've been to patient with my replies to you.

You've got a weird victim complex combined with a persecution complex combined with illusions of grandeur. This is just a little project from a few members of each board, and it will do you good to remember that before you do things like make more threads just to ask how people feel about you.

Now, I'll stop rising to your bait.
>>
>>50273082
Should have gone with Argue->Expose->Reason, but that seems pretty cool anyway. Not bad, icons-wise.
>>
>>50273129
Nothing is set in stone yet, that was just what I threw together.
>>
>>50273105
Oh I do love the smell of passive aggressiveness in the morning :^)
>>
>>50273141
Cool. So the things we've got so far are
>It's a rock-paper-scissor type of game
>Philosophers either have one of three traits or have stats in three core traits
>Players are rival schools of thought, with the philosophers doing battle in the Forum

Things we need to hash out are
>turn order?
>stats?
>card abilities?
>philosophers?

Should we keep it simple or make it more complicated?
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 998x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 998x800px
Hey /tg/. Just thought I'd ask your opinion on this comic. Assuming no other Pokemon could get involved, how would you recommend Pawniard save his trainer.
>>
>>50273266
Cut the rocks so he lands in the water safely
>>
>>50273266
Jump below his trainer face first. Steel resist rock.
>>
>>50273266
Honestly, in the few moments that Pawniard likely has?

Stab into the rock aiming at his owners wrists, essentially pinning him to the rock. This will give the Trainer enough of a suspension that he's able to use his other arm to pull himself up.
>>
>>50273266
He's got legs, right? That trainer can grab those legs.
>>
File: ShittyCard.png (7KB, 375x480px) Image search: [Google]
ShittyCard.png
7KB, 375x480px
>>50273251
I figure two states. Passion and Reason, which would be the attack and defense stats. Cards could be places in either mode to defend whatever we call the health pool. I like what was said earlier about keeping numbers small.

The pow is Passion and the Scroll is Reason. Some cards may draw from past examples (grave), draw cards, discard cards, buff cards. I think some mechanics should be there. Keep the general types better than what they are suppose to beat, because the key to winning a debate is having multiple ways of thinking.
>>
>>50273411
stats, not states.
>>
File: 1415594093097.gif (3MB, 450x248px) Image search: [Google]
1415594093097.gif
3MB, 450x248px
>>50272996
No need to be sorry, Adderall-kun. This event is nothing to stress over. We've been lucky to have you generate hype with us this season.You're always welcome to take it comfy with us over on /vp/.
>>
Where do I find info about what the other boards are doing? The pastebin only lists /histgvp/
>>
>>50273251

Here's my take on it.

We don't have 'player' cards - the players represent themselves, using the arguments of great philosophers to bolster whatever their position is. Philosopher cards are from one of the three schools of thought, which interact in an RPS manner as established, and each has some sort of effect as well (look at opponent's hand, force discard, draw, etc).

Gameplay is similar to War or Uno. One player makes an 'Assertion' by playing a Philosopher from their hand; then play proceeds in a circle (or back-and-forth if one-on-one) where each player must counter the previous assertion with a philosopher strong against the previous. Countering an assertion lets you resolve the ability on the philosopher you played; when no players can counter the last assertion made, the player who made the assertion scores a point and everyone draws back up to a starting hand (7?).
>>
>>50273509
Mostly just visit other threads and type Winter into the Catalog.
>>
>>50273521

Oh, another aspect is that philosophers also have a 'strength', and you can counter an assertion by playing a philosopher of the same school with higher strength, but then you don't get to resolve your ability. Just a thought.
>>
>>50273521
>>50273533
Fuck everything I said here >>50273411

This is way better
>>
>>50273266
Punch with a spike through muscles on the forearm between bones and drag him out. Painful but not very dangerous and much better than falling on rocks.
>>
Guys, I've been thinking. We like Competition, right? We're also surprisingly good at Pokémon. After tomorrow's battle with /vp/ what if we worked together on starting an informal tourney with the other chill boards that likely have players? I mean, it's no 4chan cup, but in my mind it would be pretty fun.
>>
>>50273550

Shucks, glad you like it! The one problem I see is it doesn't lend itself well to deckbuilding, but it does save us the equal and opposite problem of balancing the cards against each other for that purpose.

Other than fiddly details like turn order and hand size, the main thing that would need to be done is picking out abilities, schools, and strengths for different philosophers.
>>
File: Muh benevolence.png (253KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
Muh benevolence.png
253KB, 500x588px
>>50269807
>>
>>50273680
Well deckbuilding would come from the type of thinking you do as a person I guess. Some people may want to focus on getting as much info as they can, while others may want to play a style that denies others cards.

Some basic card effects would be: Discard, Draw card, reveal cards, maybe even drawing on abilities from cards down in the pile.
>>
>>50273521
Sounds pretty good. I'll hash it out a little more with the people in the day krew.
>>
>>50273738

Fair enough. Not devaluing your suggestions at all, but my original idea had been one communal deck - but I like your idea too.

Ideas for philosopher abilites:

Plato - discard your hand, draw that many cards (" knowledge is not empirical, and that it comes from divine insight")

Aristotle - one player reveals their hand ("all peoples' concepts and all of their knowledge was ultimately based on perception")

Nietzsche - cannot be countered normally, can be countered by any school philosopher with higher strength ("Nietzsche asserts that what made people great was not the content of their beliefs, but the act of valuing")

Socrates - reverses the order of strength valuation ("he himself knew he was not wise at all, which, paradoxically, made him the wiser one since he was the only person aware of his own ignorance")
>>
>>50273915
Ah, that was just misunderstanding what the deck would be. So if we are using a RPS style how would something have higher strength? Or would they have numbers to deal with Philosopher's of the same color?
>>
>>50273974

Yeah, a color and a number each. Colors win RPS-style, numbers are tiebreakers (but winning a tie doesn't activate your ability, to incentivize color-countering).
>>
>>50273737
Who was the best faction and why is it Other?
>>
>>50274000
Sounds good. Is there a Philosopher with a focus on learning from the past? I feel like one that could use the ability of a card say 3 down in the pile would be a fun one to set up.
>>
>>50274013
That's a funny way of typing 'Shu', anon. It's as if you don't have honor and valor in your heart.

>>50274000
Nice trips. I like the color and number idea. Keeps it simple for beginners.
>>
>>50274039

Newton? "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
>>
I demand Epicurus.
>>
>>50274056
Perfect. I'll get a notepad with these going.
>>
>>50274048
I was going to contradict you, but I myself don't even know what the best faction actually is.

We can all agree that it's not Wu though.
>>
>>50274056

Thought, we could also have multiple cards for each philosopher to represent different quotations from each? Then if we do have deckbuilding, you can only bring one of each - or if we do a communal deck, you can never counter a philosopher with another quote from the same philosopher.
>>
>>50274069
Epicurus sounds like a true bro. He'd probably do something along the lines of boosting the stats of allied philosophers when played before them.

>>50274081
At least you're not a dirty Southlander.
>>
>>50274096
Perhaps he would make it so the next Philosopher a person played could Strength contest despite color advantage, but that could also be super strong.
>>
What would Diogenes' ability be?
>>
>>50274096
Yeah, the things he is known for (apart from starting hedonism, which is the opposite of what people think it is) was:

Being the ultimate bro's before ho's guy. Disregard women, acquire buddies.

BTFOing God before Jesus was even a thing.
>“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
>Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
>Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
>Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
>>
We need some way of asking Vanille out still after the match. There was talk of a comic?
>>
>>50274115
>Diogenes
>When faced against cards he's weak against, Diogenes can disregard the debate wheel and simply tell the man to stand out of his sunlight, temporarily turning into a stronger color than the opposing card.

>>50274114
The drawback would be that he is incredibly weak on his own. He is not a man who values pain.
>>
>>50274013
>>50274081
It's either Wei or Wu. It's definitely not Yuan, baby football world champs or Jin. The problem with Wu is that all the cool people are relatively minor roles in Romance, like Gan Ning or Zhou Tai and Wei's problem is that of all it's forces it only has about three great people.
>>
>>50274124

So we could have;

Epicurus [Friend to All] - Immediately play any other Philosopher from your hand, resolving their ability. The next player must then counter that Philosopher.

Epicurus [Original Atheist] - Until your next turn, no player may resolve Philosopher abilities.

and Epicurus [Pursuer of Ataraxia] - A player who wishes to counter this Philosopher must discard a card from their hand to do so.
>>
>>50274175
I happen to like that first one. It's basically forcing both players to play two philosophers, giving the upper hand to the person who plays Epicurus.
>>
>>50274175
>>50274205
I think they all are good, maybe we could go with the idea earlier than there can be more than one of a Philosopher, but they can't counter themselves.
>>
File: descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es[1].jpg (95KB, 1031x860px) Image search: [Google]
descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es[1].jpg
95KB, 1031x860px
>>50274175
>>50274223

Rene Descartes [Give Her The Dick] - Counters anyone, countered by anyone.
>>
>>50274279
I'll put it on the list.
>>
If we want to keep the colors we need to make sure we have an even number of each type so one color doesn't overpower the others.
>>
>>50274279
We'll need a heavy list of female philosophers for this card and this card alone.

Or maybe the events-per-round idea can still fit in?
>>
Guys I'm trying to write us up a rocky balboa training montage for our match tomorrow but I simply can't get motivated. Post some training montage music so I can get in the groove of things.
>>
>>50274659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

I'm not sorry.
>>
>>50274659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4gv11PTI8
>>
>>50274687
>>50274671
Excellent. Let the montage begin!
>>
File: image.jpg (370KB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370KB, 3440x1440px
Since it's be abhorrent to just post on one thread.

This is only so-so related, but I made some oc earlier since this ball thing with /vp/ kept entering my mind.

Feel free to declare it absolutely heretical.

http://m.imgur.com/tyBHlB0?r if mobile compression made it too pixilated.
>>
>>50275144
Nice numbers, nice Oc.

atleast it gave me a giggle.
>>
>>50270920
I was here for the first Winter Ball thread.

They were not banned.
>>
>>50275935
For the accord,I drawfagged quite a lot for the winter ball the year before and I didn't get banned either
>>
>>50275935
It's always off-and-on, depending on the mods/janitors.
>>
why do I do this to myself
>>
>>50276847
Beautiful
>>
>>50276847
You're desperate for people to automatically praise you?
>>
>>50276847
i feel those wheels should have some spiky bitz so that if anyone tries to over take us we take out their wheels and half the car.
>>
>>50276847
I love it
>>
>>50276847
Add a licence plate of "KSVO - SRBA", I feel we should add more of the other boards to the ride.
>>
>>50273521
I have an idea. If you beat an enemy philosopher by at least double their argument value (ie opponent=7, you=14), you force them to go into a meltdown and either make them take a negative effect going into the next turn or let you take a positive for the next turn. This can encourage good arguments rather than throwing out any shit argument.
>>
>>50277285
I think we should avoid numbers that high, but maybe we could have some cards based around fucking over your opponent somehow. Like making them skip a draw or make them play a certain card type if they have it.
>>
Is /vip/ going with anyone or are they too young to have a tan yet?
>>
Today's the big day. We said 4:00 EST, right?
>>
File: 1479117907578s.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479117907578s.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>50277463
They haven't decided who to take, but they do have a -tan
>>
File: 1479117907578.png (263KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479117907578.png
263KB, 600x600px
>>50277488
whoops
>>
>>50277482
Yep
>>
>>50277502
>>50277488
Neat
>>
>>50277513
There was talk of Teej being drawn as the male trainer from X?
>>
>>50277578
It was an idea for a prebattle gift I think.
>>
>>50270409
I don't care about the annual crossboard events, but I am loving this pointless drama. Board policemen are always entertaining.
>>
>>50271387
Well, consensus is in. Out of 100 people:
43% enjoy the ball
27% don't give a fuck one way or another
8% don't have a clue.

And 22% actually hate it... which was a remarkably similar number to the poll on Anti-QuestFags last time we did that.
>>
>>50277680
Just stop bothering with it. The people that hate it won't change and I'm sure most don't care and didn't even bother with the poll.
>>
>>50277711
This. Who cares what some low-test troll thinks?
>>
>>50277711
Honestly the only reason I did the poll in the first place was because I was curious as to whether the Fun Police actually had some sort of high ground.
>>
Today should be fun either way
>>
>>50277680
Considering that the poll was hilariously skewed, it's actually quite telling that most people either hate or don't care for this thing.
>>
>>50277782
>most hate
It really is don't care or like. If people hated it they would go out of their way to try and shit on it like a certain someone.
>>
>>50277782
>anon hates badwrongfun so much he's willing to spend all morning maintaining a presence in the thread he hates

I know you're gonna think you're being a masterful troll, but everyone really is laughing at you.
>>
>>50276847
Needs more choppy bitz.
I love it.

>>50277772
Good luck, man. We'll be watching. When is the battle?
>>
>>50277841
4pm EST
>>
I've been thinking... Why stop with Pokémon and this one competition? We should be having a bit of a go back and forth between boards.

So I found two ways we might be able to play MTG online with /vp/ and other boards for free:

https://untap.in

http://xmage.de

So, who's up for some Collaborative deck-building? I say Commander Format is most fun format. What say you?
>>
>>50278016
sounds fun we are probably going to have to teach most of them MTG isn't quite a pick up and play kinda game.
>>
>>50277794
Like I said, skewed poll, but the results are as they are. A fair amount of people basically said "fuck this shit,"though in fairness it's likely in part as a response to the kind of insanity that would lead someone to make a thread just to ask what people thought about their little project.

Factor in how many people filter winter ball or didn't care enough to even vote, it's still pretty surprising that the majority of responses were not the bright and bubbly acceptance you were so desperately craving. Ultimately, the poll was meaningless, but it does highlight that no, you guys are not representatives of the larger board in anything outside of this microcosm you've erected for yourselves.

>>50277816
I'm sorry you think 4chan is a hugbox. Why should people hesitate to tell you how things are, when you're so desperate to live in delusions of grandeur?

Play with your little paper dolls, but don't try to pretend that this is anything except a little club that thinks of their project first and the board second, while the majority of the board will always consider the board first. You guys are more concerned with figuring out how to keep your threads bumped with chatter than you are with contributing to the board, and always are more interested in getting people to draw and write for your OC as opposed to working on other /tg/ projects.

If this thing is what it takes for you guys to get motivated to do stuff, and you desperately seek a little group that showers each other with positivity largely just to keep their ulterior project alive, that's you guys. I personally consider you to be the anathema to what this site is supposed to be about, with you guys largely just working/advertising a personal side project while pretending that you're doing it for everyone else's sake, and breaking the spirit of the rules while pretending to adhere to the letter of them.
>>
File: 1473180541837.jpg (16KB, 229x287px) Image search: [Google]
1473180541837.jpg
16KB, 229x287px
>>50278063
>putting this much effort into bait
>>
>>50278063
Holy shit, man. I was planning on letting you be, but this is something else.
>>
>>50278059
True, but at the same time there's probably a surprising amount of overlap between the world's most popular TCG and the most popular Handheld RPG.
>>
>>50278076
Call it bait if you want, but it's me just communicating with you why I find your project rather hypocritical and somewhat repulsive, especially the transparent method in which you conjure up short little "activities" just to keep these threads bumped, all of which are ultimately destined for the trashbin.
>>
>>50278086
Shouldn't you be advertising for more drawfags and writewhores?
>>
>>50278109
Keep going, this is almost entertaining to watch
>>
>>50278130
I'd say it is. I wanna see how far this guy is willing to go.
>>
>>50278130
>>50278140
Your attempt at damage control is amusing in itself.
>>
>>50278122
I gave up on that. People said it sounded desperate, so I'm calming down.

Now I'm just keeping myself busy by watching the various threads while working on Da Epik.
>>
>>50278092
>>50278059
>>50278016
I'm down for it, and I agree, commander is probably the best.
Should we build the deck here, or do it in it's own thread? On one hand, here might be better, because we probably won't Spike the deck as much. On the other, a /tg/ deck sounds like something a majority of the board would be interested in. we could just leave out that we're using it for the Winter Ball, so our resident troll won't get as triggered by it. Then announce that, hey, you might be able to see this deck in action.
>>
>>50278147
It's okay m8 we love you there's no need to hide your true feelings :^)
>>
>>50278063
This is gold, keep going

The fact that you're probably sincere makes it even better
>>
>>50278164
What if we built it as a duel deck, and just be outright. It's /tg/ vs. /vp/, build a deck that represents both.
>>
>>50277841
I've thought of adding choppy bitz,but I wasn't sure how.
Power claws or something like that?
>>
>>50278187
Chain-swords it can be no other thing.
>>
>>50269807
ANYONE WHO THINKS /TG/ ISN'T ALREADY MARRIED TO /POL/ IS AN IDIOT WHO HASN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO THE GODDAMN BOARD.
>>
>>50278187
Chain-swords jutting out of the center of the wheel.
>>
>>50278198
"Showed up on our lawn one day and refuses to leave despite being arrested weekly for trespassing" is not the same as "being married to".
>>
>>50278198
Nah, /pol/ is a that douche we sometimes hang out with when we need someone to glorify the Emprah and the Imperium with. Besides, /polo/ is a thing, and they seem to be getting along quite nicely.
>>
>>50278159
>People said it sounded desperate

Judging by some of the attitudes in this thread, you guys really are a little desperate.
>>
>>50278217
>>50278224
>>50278198
We had a bonding moment with /pol/ over repeating numbers and God Emperors in the previous thread. They're good boys, them, but we're not interested in the Pollack like that.

They've drawn a lot of lewds of /O/livia and the Pollack, though.
>>
>>50278198
>I want to marry my stalker
>>
>>50278182
I actually rather like this idea. We build it, balance the two decks between each other, then we challenge /vp/
>>
>>50278240
Winner of the /pol/ RNG thing here: >>50270160

It was Slightly skewed in our favor though. Near as I can figure, I've always been sorta lucky.
>>
>>50278248
Alright, so why don't we define /vp/'s theoretical play style first?

Viol is definitely a Spike-Melvin style player. He's rather competitive.

Vanille, on the other hand, is more of a Tamara-Vorthos. She cares about the Pokémon adventure and her love of Pokémon.

Main color is definitely Green, probably focusing on Creature Combos. Probably some Red or Blue in there as well.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50278313
Green-Red? Viol would be all for fast burning.
>>
>>50278313
We should probably Bring this up with /vp/ first, probably right after the match. Maybe have Poll Anon create a Survey for them. But you're probably right for the most part. A /vp/ deck would be something of a Spike-Timmy-Vorthos deck.
>>
>>50269807
This is stupid.
>>
File: download (10).jpg (9KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
9KB, 178x248px
>>50278337
Probably something with a good early game, and a powerful late game, but a slow mid-game. Definitely a creature focused deck. I'm thinking that it's a Fast-Mana Beast deck, with stuff like pic-related.
>>
>>50278349
Just report and move on. Half these guys are genuinely autistic, the rest are medicated. They're better in here than on the rest of this board.
>>
>>50278349
Yeah. So is a lot of stuff on /tg/, and 4chan as a whole. Doesn't stop people from enjoying it.
>>
>>50278337
/vp/ here, can confirm. He's definitely a hyper offense guy, even if stall/defensive teams are also quite strong in Pokemon.
Vanille would just play a fun deck.
I haven't played MTG in years, so I'll be just monitoring this thread. I don't know shit about the game at this point.
>>
So far we have: Plato, Aristotle, Nietzsche, Socrates, Newton, Epicurus. Diogenes, and Descartes. Now we need to put them into the three colors.
>>
>>50278494
Add one more and put three in each color. What about Machiavelli?
>>
>>50278390
>NaCl-anon is STILL HERE

You can't make this stuff up, folks!
>>
>>50278437
So definitely a Green deck, with a Spike-Timmy feel to it. Spike for viol, Timmy for Vanille.

What about /tg/?
It's kind of hard to define the board with every kind of MTG Player in it as what kind of player there is. We've really got two options: go by the board-tan's personality, or we have a deck-building thread.
>>
>>50278505
Well let's see what color they each are right now. Then add whatever we are missing. I can put all the stuff together, but I don't know enough about philosophy categorize them.
>>
>>50278514
>the board-tan fags are STILL HERE.
>>
>>50278655
The hilarious thing is that this guy posts throughout the entire day. He really doesn't have a life outside of browsing 4chan.
>>
File: shiggydiggy.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggy.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>50278514
>>50278758
>replying to bait
>>
>>50278793
Counterpoint:

>NOT replying to bait

Come on, you've got to admit that this guy makes you smile just a little bit.
>>
>>50278758
It's a little much for someone who spends his time imaging 4chan boards having pedophilic sex to comment on what other people do.

More importantly, a few minutes a day to comment on what you guys are doing is hardly a major sacrifice, especially compared to people like >>50272996. Your weird little project is actually driving people to sickness, exerting themselves just to produce stuff that no one asked for or wants, all just for the sake of getting a few more bumps.
You also have this weird habit of thinking only one person doesn't like what you're doing here, which is funny considering the poll results.

And, when all you can do to respond to these accusations is sort of flop around, is it really surprising people would find it amusing to shoot all you fish in your little barrel?
>>
>>50278864
>trying to smile through the tears

I don't know who you're trying to fool, especially since you keep trying to say one thing, but your actions speak louder than your words.
>>
>>50278879
>>50278894
Thanks for giving me the smile anon. You really are a funny guy.
>>
File: brionne idol.jpg (126KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
brionne idol.jpg
126KB, 480x480px
How long until the match?
>>
>>50278948
Three hours and four minutes.
>>
Will the match be recorded? Won't be home from work for another 5 hours
>>
>>50278879
Actually, the project was just what I chose to focus on. I could have done a multitude of different things While being unable to sleep due to starting on a new prescription drug. Vyvance is on hell of a drug, and I was not in the right state of mind when I was simultaneously sleep-deprived and on my first dosage of it. I don't actually regret working on the project, but I do regret my behavior on that thread and do sincerely apologize to everyone. I'm taking it easy, and am still working on the project when I can.
>>
>>50279037
Maybe take a break from the namefaging and the flak that accompanies it and browse /vp/ to get the measure of the place?
>>
>>50279316
I already do so. In fact, the only time I have ever namefagged is threads that involve a project I'm working on. Which, so far, have only included this thread, the Calvin and Hobbes RPG, and the Pokémon RPG.
>>
>The most adorable 4chan event is back

Oh boy, oh boy! My comfy levels are going to be at maximum.

Of course, the arrogant little shitstain anon, who claiming that we're too big for our britches, claims to know that a single general that only comes around for a brief once a year, is destroying the board culture and all that we hold dear. Bait or not this really needs to step back and look at what he's spewing. Puts a bit of uneeded damper on things.
>>
>>50279602
It's been a comfy event for the past two years. This year's shaping up to be a comfy one, as well.

With any luck, I think I'll be able to run a game with a /his/torian, a /vp/oreon, and whoever else wants to join in.
>>
>>50279602
get ready anon. in one hour we'll fight /vp/ in a Pokemonbattle and we'll win their heart doing so
>>
>>50279662
I've been using the team in ubers and AG for the past few days to get the hang of it.
>>
>>50279662
Wait, one hour? I though it was at 4pm ET, in two hours.
>>
>>50279662
>>50279728
It is 2 hours ish
>>
>>50279733
>>50279728
looks like I fucked up the conversion to my timezone
>>
For the love of god remember to Save the Replay!
>>
>>50279662
>>50279680
What's the team? What format? I haven't been following the threads.
>>
>>50279834
Custom battle. Our team is Mega Sableye, Scarf Gallade, Special Aegislash, DDance Salamence, Quickfeet Ursaring, and semi support Crobat
>>
>>50279856
Sounds fitting and decent enough, Ursaring especially is always fun. I hope /vp/ doesn't go with a meta team either, I'm sure it will be fun to watch.
>>
>>50278016
>>50278059
>>50278164
>>50278182
>>50278248
>>50278313
>>50278337
>>50278437
>>50278533

So, the Collaborative Deck-building for MTG sounded interesting, so I decided to make a thread. Probably not going to use it against /vp/, but it should be fun to see what kind of deck /tg/ as a whole will build:
>>50279704
>>
>>50279896
They went with a lot of their own memes. Grabpoid doesn't want me to spoil it for him though, so I can't give details.
>>
>>50279943
Put it in a spoiler, I won't look if I know it is that.
>>
>>50279602
An entire month isn't really that brief, and it's less about destroying board culture, and just explaining one of the many reasons why people would have a problem with this. I think a part of that list goes something like this.

1. They directly break rules #3, #10, and #11
2. They arguably break rules #4, #6, #8, and #13.
3. They are unnecessary for their expressed purpose: people visit other boards all the time, and collaborations are common and occur naturally throughout the year, when people are actually interested in the idea instead of just seeking something to bump their threads with.
4. The members of this club often attempt to present themselves as representatives of the larger board, despite being minority participants in a set of offtopic threads
5. The attempts to keep these threads "on-topic" are mostly just throwaway chatter to avoid being banned again and to keep these threads bumped.
6. There's a distinct degree of arrogance to assume that these threads help produce OC, when OC is generated everyday by the larger board that is actually useful or wanted by people outside of this project.
7. The quality of the content produced in these threads is a sour point to bring up, but it does bear mentioning in a list of why people would have an issue with this, especially when people in these threads expect the content to reflect the rest of the board
8. The central discussion of these threads, the board-tans, are decisively off-topic, despite being named after the boards. Trying to surround the central discussion with other topics does not really disguise that the main topic of this thread is discussing how a set of characters will go on dates, which is not a traditional game. It's fanfiction at best.
9.Though it was already mentioned in point 1, it bears repeating that Advertising in all forms is not welcome on 4chan, especially when done under the guise of "In-house" advertising.
>>
I have just one question for you.
Are you ready?
ARE YOU READY FOR /VP/ TO DEFEND THEIR TITLE IN THE PKE SUUUUUUUPER SLAM? IN TWO HOURS YOU CAN SEE THIS AMAZING PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT FOR JUST $14.99
>>
>>50280027
Shine on you crazy diamond
>>
File: 1479253825947-vp.jpg (396KB, 1276x624px) Image search: [Google]
1479253825947-vp.jpg
396KB, 1276x624px
Here's the Team as an Image.
Rayquaza is their mega, but it's an HM Slave
>>
>>50280082
They changed zard's moveset to Alan's
>>
>>50280082
Their Fug isn't mega. It doesn't have Dragon Ascent
>>
>>50280027
Winter Ball was started directly because Moot said on the FAQ board that he wishes Boards had more OC.

Board-tans have been an extension of 4chan culture in what? 6 years?

It all started with 4chan house. At the end of the day my autistic little friend, It's things like Winter Ball, 4chan house and 4chan cup that make 4chan 4chan..
>>
>>50280115
None of that is true, aside from Moot expressing a desire for people to stop treating the boards as separate cultures or acting like there's walls between them, which is precisely what you guys are doing.

This all started when the board-tan business was clearly dying out, in hopes of revitalizing it. The "inter-boardness collaboration" angle is just trying to keep yourselves from getting banned.

And, above all else, point #3. Your board-tans are unnecessary for what Moot wanted, and in fact your attempts to define people as belonging to one board or another is directly against his expressed wishes.
>>
>>50280027
Why don't you just use your mod powers to delete the thread?
>>
>>50280176
Going along with >>50280176, why don't you ask the mods? Oh, wait, they care about your opinion almost as much as we do.
>>
>>50280176
Ok then Major autismo, we'll stop having our fun because it's badwrong.

We'll stop the drawings, the cross-board communication, the Custom card games and rulesets.

I have a question. What do you do on /tg/? What threads do you visit?
>>
>>50280224
Isn't it obvious? Someone that salty could only be part of the MTG Standard.
>>
>>50280260
I don't play MtG but I assume that was a sick burn.
>>
>>50280115
Small correction, Winter Ball has been happening since ~2007.

It was not some new development created after the FAQ, its popularity simply returned to 2008/2009 levels.
>>
>>50280260
See

>There's a distinct degree of arrogance to assume that these threads help produce OC, when OC is generated everyday by the larger board that is actually useful or wanted by people outside of this project.

Is what makes me chuckle, the last few years /tg/ has been hit heavily by the general virus. Even our Drawthreads are General.

It what happens to all 4chan boards after a while and I think the Winter ball is a nice way of having something structured but open.

He does scream like a person who is whining

>Waaaagh why can't this be r/traditional games
>>
>>50280301
God I feel fucking old now, thanks.
>>
File: 1474356034780.png (38KB, 198x141px) Image search: [Google]
1474356034780.png
38KB, 198x141px
Please do not squabble. This is a thread of kindness and good times.
>>
File: IT DOESN'T MATTER.png (45KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
IT DOESN'T MATTER.png
45KB, 500x341px
>>50280050

NOW LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, /TG/!

WE ARE VERY GOOD FRIENDS! MAYBE EVEN MORE THAN FRIENDS! WE WILL ALWAYS BE THANKFUL THAT WE MET EACH OTHER, BUT LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING /B/ROTHER

THIS HERE'S OUR TURF! THIS HERE'S OUR PASSION! TRY AS YOU LIKE - WE ARE CHAMPS! WE ARE /TR/AINERS! TAKE A SHOT AT THE CHAMP, CHUMP, AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS

I BET YOU THINK THE RNG GODS WILL FAVOR YOU AGAIN?

IS

THAT

WHAT

YOU

THINK?

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

AND AFTER WE BEAT YOU, GET READY, BECAUSE YOUR HAND IS MINE TO HOLD, JUST LIKE THE CHAMPION BELT! SEE YOU IN THE RING TONIGHT!

I'm pretty hype, this is gonna be so fun
>>
>>50279918
I'm actually getting some pretty good feedback from the polls here. looks like /tg/ is a Timmy-Vorthos player who likes Black-Green or Black-Red best. We should keep that in mind if we do the duel decks thing.
>>
>>50280432
>t. Viol
>>
>>50280462
Jund a best color combo
We should run Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund dragon-tribal.
>>
Anybody got the link to the battle?
>>
>>50280607
Not happening for another hour or so, anon.
>>
>>50280607
Since it is in 53 minutes, no.
>>
>>50279602
I kinda like shitstain anon, there are times when this thread would fall off the board if it weren't for shitposting it back from page 7+.
>>
People were suggesting running Savage Worlds for the other boards for the 4chan Races, and I'd like to do that. Should I sift through the PDF thread, or does someone have any better suggestions?

>>50280644
I'd probably bump it with something useful, if that's the case.
>>
>>50280682
>I'd probably bump it with something useful, if that's the case.
He's just being tsundere.
>I-It's n-not that I-I like the ball or anything Senpai~
>>
>>50280682
Here's a SW vehicle creation kit: http://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcore/VehicleToolkitUpdated.pdf
>>
>>50280682
>Not running it in GURPS.
I'm sure everyone will appreciate a detailed walkthrough of the 3e vehicle creation process.
>>
>>50280432
YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL BOARDS ARE CREATED EQUAL. YOU LOOK AT US AND YOU LOOK AT /VP/ AND YOU KNOW THAT STATEMENT'S NOT TRUE.

SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER TRAINER YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING

BUT /TG/ ARE GENETIC FREAKS AND WE'RE NOT NORMAL, SO YOU GOT A 25% CHANCE AT BEST AT BEAT US!

AND THEN YOU ADD /HIS/ TO THE MIX? YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN.

SEE THE 3-WAY FOR THE WINTER BALL, YOU GOT A 33.3% CHANCE OF WINNING

BUT WE

WE GOT A 66.6% CHANCE OF WINNING BECAUSE /HIS/ KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT US AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY

SO /VP/, YOU TAKE YOUR 33.3% MINUS OUR 25% CHANCE AND YOU'VE GOT AN 8.3% CHANCE OF WINNING!

AT SHOWDOWN

BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING(IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1)

AND ADD 66.6% PERCENT WE GOT A 141.6% CHANCE OF WINNING AT SHOWDOWN

/VP/? THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE.

AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU.

AT SHOWDOWN.
>>
>>50280713
My feelings on this particular topic are irrelevant, I think, because I am a filthy namefag.

>>50280717
Solid. I'll look at it when I've got free time.

>>50280731
Hahahahahahahah.

No.

If I had an extremely patient group gathered from the other boards, maybe.

Should I start asking around the other threads to see who's interested, then?
>>
>>50280717
>>50280682
>>50280759

It was also suggested that we adapt the Super Powers Expansion to vehicle powers to give it a more Wacky Races feel, and to allow everyone to get the Car Powers they want.
>>
>>50280759
Go For it.
>>
>>50280732
Occasional (one-time) /sci/ poster here.
Can confirm these numbers are tight.
So tight, like a jar of pickles, you try hard to open it (i.e. win the match, in this metaphor) but it's too damn tight, so you put the jar back, and announce that you didn't want those pickles anyway.
>>
So is the match against /vp/ a single match or best 2 out of 3? We should do the latter.
>>
>>50280890
Basically, we're going to keep going until one of our representatives drops.
>>
File: incineroar_by_boneby-dacuh3v.jpg (102KB, 1024x837px) Image search: [Google]
incineroar_by_boneby-dacuh3v.jpg
102KB, 1024x837px
>>50280732
LISTEN HERE /TG/

YOU MIGHT THINK THOSE 8:3% GONNA SCARE US?

YOU MIGHT BE ROLLING SOME DICE EVERY DAY, YEAH

BUT NOW LOOK AT THOSE DICE

IT'S A MERE D20

NOW LOOK AT OUR BOARD

SOME OF US ARE ROLLING EVERY DAY TOO

BUT NOT FOR A MERE 1/20

NO, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BIG NUMBERS HERE

WE'RE TALKING BOUT 1/1024

JUST FOR A DIFFERENT COLOUR AND SOME SPARKLES

YOU THINK THAT SCARES US?

WE HAVE ADOPTED TO CHANCES YOU CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND

NOW BRING IT
>>
>>50280890
I say that if the first two games are 1-1, we should go into the third game with a single swoobat.
>>
>>50281030
Fuck.
Yes.
>>
>>50280964
THE DICE GODS ARE ON OUR SIDES. YOU MERELY SUCCEED BASED ON TRIAL AND ERROR.

YOU'VE GOT DETERMINATION, AND WE RESPECT THAT.

BUT THAT COMES NOWHERE NEAR TO THE SHEER WARP FUCKERY WE'RE CAPABLE OF.

WE'VE THE POWER OF BOXCAR JOE, THE MAGICAL HOBO.

RINCEWIND THE WIZARD

THE BLESSING OF LADY LUCK

THE IRE AND BLESSING OF THE DICE GODS.

YOU THINK 1/1024 IS SOMETHING, HAH! TRY 1/8000. THE CHANCE TO ROLL NATURAL 2O THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

WE'VE PEOPLE WHO'VE EXPERIENCED THAT.

SO DON'T GO COUNTING ON LUCK TO SAVE YOU.

WE'VE FLIRTED WITH LUCK LONG BEFORE WE STARTED FLIRTING WITH YOU.
>>
Rolled 607 (1d1024)

>>50280964
Doesn't seem that hard

*hefts dice*

*angers posters with asterisk-based action*
>>
T-MINUS 10 MINUTES TO THE DUEL OF FATES BETWEEN /tg/ AND /vp/!

IS OUR CHAMPION GRABPOID READY TO MAKE US PROUD?
>>
>>50281124
I am a glass case of emotions
>>
>>50281124
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.

/TG/

ARE

YOU

HYPE?!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDw1PV-iguY
>>
>>50281141
Here's some pump up music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXaYtKjSdz0
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>50281168
I am [dice] levels of hype.
>>
>>50281189
Shit, I can't lose now.
>>
>>5028118
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
>>
>>50281189
OOOHHH SHIT!
>>
File: Jon_glass.jpg (19KB, 236x342px) Image search: [Google]
Jon_glass.jpg
19KB, 236x342px
>>50281189
>>
>>50281189
>A natural 20
IT'S A SIGN
THE DICE GODS SHINE DOWN UPON US!
>>
>>50281189
GG /vg/
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>50281189
[gasp]
A critical hype result.
Rolling for crit result.
>>
File: 1476781064392.jpg (12KB, 221x213px) Image search: [Google]
1476781064392.jpg
12KB, 221x213px
>>50281189
>>
>>50281229
Critical confirmed.
>>
File: wrong number.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
wrong number.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>50281189
>>
File: 250px-Borisawesome.png (158KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Borisawesome.png
158KB, 250x319px
>>50281189
>>50281229
>>50281254
THE HYPE TRAIN IS REAL, AND HAS MORPHED INTO PIC RELATED.
>>
Archive this Thread! DO it!
>>
File: IMG_2784.jpg (121KB, 480x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2784.jpg
121KB, 480x767px
>>50281189
Niiiiice.
>>
>>50281088
YOU CALLING 1/8000 BASICALLY IMPOSSIBLE?

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY HERE

WANNA KNOW A FACT ABOUT BEES?

MOST OF THEM ARE MALE

I SAY MOST BECAUSE ONLY 1/8 OF THEM ARE FEMALE

AND GUESS WHAT

ONLY GIRLS CAN BECOME QUEENS

THAT'S 1/8192

HARDER THAN YOUR 1/8000

BUT LETS GO A STEP FURTHER

WE DONT JUST WANT A QUEEN

NO

WE WANT A RULER

A RULER THAT CAN FIGHT

SO WE GIVE THEM THE 5 PERFECT IVS THEY NEED

THERE ARE 6 STATS IN POKEMON AND ONLY 5 AN BE PASSED

SEE THE PROBLEM?

THATS RIGHT 5/6 CHANCE TO GET FUCKED OVER

T GET THE PERFECT QUEEN YOU GOTTA BE(E)AT 1/49152

YOU'RE OUT OF YOU LEAGUE BUB
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ubers-477841650
THE BATTLE FOR OUR SOULS IS HERE
>>
>>50281351
IT BEGINS
>>
>>50281351
6-0
Yes.
>>
>>50281351
6-0 Sweep with our Trogdor.
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ubers-477846829
Round 2
>>
6-0 SWEEP FOR /TG/. wE GOT THIS BOYS.
>>
>>50281351
NATURAL 20 6-0 SWEEP!
>>
For the 1-1... you know what to do... deploy plan bat
>>
>>50281481
Time for a final round.
>>
>>50281481
Nothing but swoobat now.
>>
>1-1
SWOOBAT TIME BOYS
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ubers-477853235
Grand Finals
>>
File: VERSUS .png (534KB, 1440x1044px) Image search: [Google]
VERSUS .png
534KB, 1440x1044px
WE HAVE A TIE FOLKS, LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO ROUND 3!
>>
>>50281623
Oh, shit, I like that Teej. The hat and the short hair combo is great. Could you draw a full version of him as a Commissar?
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ubers-477858503
Double overtime
>>
>>50281729
You can't lose! You mustn't lose!
>>
>>50281738
We haven't!
Weren't we doing a best of 3?
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ubers-477861815
The Final One, for real
>>
>>50281802
We're doing a best of five, now, because both combatants have decided for doubling down.
>>
File: ITS HAVVENG.png (558KB, 1440x1044px) Image search: [Google]
ITS HAVVENG.png
558KB, 1440x1044px
>>
File: 1475696170844.jpg (69KB, 518x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475696170844.jpg
69KB, 518x750px
>>50281804
We lost 2-3, but I had fun. Should have used Swoobs.
>>
>>50281888
Trips of truth.
>>
>>50281804
Good fight, champ. The bird was too brave, but that's alright it's getting nerfed in Sun/Moon
>>
HOLY SHIT that was hype we lost but we fought with all we had.
>>
WHAT

DID

WE

TELL YOU, BROTHER?

THE CREAM OF THE CROP, YEAH
>>
File: 1479399204513.png (220KB, 723x642px) Image search: [Google]
1479399204513.png
220KB, 723x642px
GG. Though you did manage a 0-6 sweep, so there's that.

>>50281901
Nevr 4get smogonburd ;_;
>>
Brave Bat and Fug slayer bearington gave it there all ;_;7
>>
Good effort man.
That sweep was sick tho.
>>
I guess this means the ball is in /vp/s park they get to make the final call.
>>
File: 1463490803752.png (107KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1463490803752.png
107KB, 625x468px
>>50281804
Ya did good champ. The bird was just too brave.
>>
I was supposed to finish this before the duel, but oh well.

http://pastebin.com/qvqiNReR
>>
For those who don't know, Gamefreak realized Bravest Bird was overpowered and overnerfed him into oblivion in SM. Tomorrow he turns into a shitmon. This was /vp/'s sendoff to the Pokemon who controlled the metagame for the last couple of year.
>>
>had prepared a piece of writefaggotry in case of /tg/ being the winner
Welp. To the trashbin it goes.
>>
>>50281935
Added to the megabin. It'll show the new update in the next thread.
>>
So you guys saved the replays, right?
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477841650
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477846829
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477853235
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477858503
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-477861815

Here's the replays in order for any anon who missed it.
>>
>>50281951
Post it anyways for bizarro /tg/, don't let me waste your work
>>
>>50281804
Goddamn, that was hype as fuck. Well played.
>>
Ok, now do we challenge them to MTG?
>>
>>50282031
Give it time Aderall-kun. The ball is in /vp/'s court for now. When we have the initiative we can challenge them again on our own home turf.
>>
>>50281951
post it anyways under spoiler, writefagging shouldn't go to waste.
>>
>Vanille wins, didn't want to. Upset.
>Teej doesn't know what to do either.

>Viol: "Fuck it, just kiss already."
>>
File: well_deserved_nerf.png (198KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
well_deserved_nerf.png
198KB, 500x577px
>>50281991
>>50282107
I'll probably make some adjustments and post it later.

And don't feel bad about the defeat, these matches were hype as hell.
>that 6-0 sweep
>>
So, I don't know how aware you are of our memes, but the team runs something like that

Talonflame is basicaly what >>50281947 said. Its ability makes any flying type moves gain priority, and priority is pretty OP. It dominated the metagame throughout all of gen 6 and tomorrow it is dethroned. F.

Citizen Snips is an old Showderp star. Stupid as fuck, gimmicky ass set but unstoppable if actually allowed to use the gimmick

burasto baan....Well, the XYZ season of the ashnime was actually honestly pretty good. They started doing good animation, actually evolving Ash's pokemon for once, even gave him a special snowflake mega-without-stone greninja and his team had various theme songs. People were actually expecting him to win after twenty damn years, they felt like this was the time, but in the end he lost to megazard X, to a move that had a type disadvantage. Thus Burasto Baan will forever be the legacy of the Chuuni Faggot of Smile Breaking

no es fake is because of the fucking TIDAL WAVE of denial people were in before fairy type was revealed. A spanish leaker first tried to confirm that it was no fake, and it stuck

Fug is just a funny translation of a type. German, I think. Shit stuck.

/vp/oreon is probably self explanatory
>>
File: fug.jpg (8KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
8KB, 174x231px
>>50282207
Some german anon was doing a Rayquaza giveaway The german name for Flying is Flug and photoshop magic gave us a new meme
>>
New thread?
>>
>>50282319
Yeah. Looks like this is one going down.
>>
>>50282319
wait till page 10.
>>
>>50282319
Always wait until page 10. I'm keeping an eye on it.
>>
>>50281088
>THE DICE GODS ARE ON OUR SIDES. YOU MERELY SUCCEED BASED ON TRIAL AND ERROR.

>YOU'VE GOT DETERMINATION, AND WE RESPECT THAT.
This is actually what happened. 6-0 Dicegod sweep followed by determination to a 2-1 for /vp/. Dicegods give another chance with 2-2, but /vp/ had enough determination for the 3.2
>>
>>50282363
In terms of 6-0s it's 2-0 to Teej.
>>
>>50282207
Which ones were Viol and which were Vanille?
>>
>>50282642
Top 3 are Viol, bottom 3 are Vanille
>>
>>50274152
>baby football world champ
I...what?
>>
Hot off the presses.
>>
>>50282762
Good shit. I'm just glad I didn't tilt too hard and snagged another 6-0
>>
>>50282762
my heart.
>>
>>50282762
Added to the imgur. Also, is that an FFXI joke?

Is that why your guys look like FFT characters? I love the art style, but I just can't shake the feeling that they're going to start talking about the Church of Ivalice and the Hokuten/Nanten.
>>
>>50282762
Cute! CUTE!
>>
File: WITNESSED.jpg (173KB, 1912x792px) Image search: [Google]
WITNESSED.jpg
173KB, 1912x792px
>>50281189
>>50281229
WITNESSED!!!
>>
>>50282788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxMKvjwjup8

It was a pretty popular meme back in the day.
>it's already been 5 years
>>
>>50282841
>"Poe-kay-mon"

Also, what the hell happened to that show? I was too old to watch it, but whatever happened to the Suite Life?
>>
>>50282871
Um, after they wrapped up the whole hotel thing, they changed it to "Suite Life on Deck" which was the same thing but now they're living on a huge cruise ship. It didn't do as well. I dunno what happened after that.
>>
>>50282871
I remember them moving from the hotel to a cruiseliner
I have no idea what happened later tho
>>
File: voil.png (304KB, 957x799px) Image search: [Google]
voil.png
304KB, 957x799px
>>50282788
I loved FFT, but I'm more of an FFTA/Disgaea man myself. I draw better but I'm in a hurry since I need to prep for Pokemon Sun tonight. /vp/'s gonna be in a tizzy so I'm not sure how well we can keep our Winter Ball thread alive.

New game releases are always a fun time though, I hope you guys at /tg/ consider playing with us!
>>
>>50282990
I know I'm hype for the new games. I live in a small town so there's no midnight releases for me but Walmart opens at 8:00 AM so me and my bestie took the days off work to play the whole day.
>>
>>50282990
FFTA was alright. Disgaea doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth, but that's just me. Good luck with Pokemon Sun.

Doesn't Pokemon Moon have the better waifu?
>>
>>50283068
The waifus are the same regardless of which version, unless you're a weirdo who wants to fuck the pheromone roach, I think she's in Moon.
>>
>>50282990
drawanon, I'm going to have a story by tomorrow that's going to require some drawfags for some swimsuit designs. I'll be posting the first part of this tonight once I'm done and proofread.
>>
File: Sugimori_794.png (867KB, 1144x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sugimori_794.png
867KB, 1144x1280px
>>50283068
>Doesn't Pokemon Moon have the better waifu?
no, Sun has
>>
Hello fellow fa/tg/uys

All this winter ball talk has been making me itch to run a game of pokemon tabletop, using PTU

It's not a typical pokemon setting. The PokeWar fucked the world over hard, to the point the Poke-Gods decided to intervene and hit humanity back to the iron age in some places. Others have recovered, and things are starting to get back to normal in some places. Not all, just some.

Be looking for about four to five players to fill out the party. You don't need to know how to play the system or even build a character, you just need to have a character concept in mind, and we can build them up from there.

You can find me on Skype and Discord under this name.
>>
>>50283177

Move when ready.

>>50283153
Send it to me for proofreading. I'm more than happy to help.
>>
>>50283168
Might wanna try this again next thread
>>
File: Moon.png (317KB, 494x497px) Image search: [Google]
Moon.png
317KB, 494x497px
>>50283163
>Not wanting Celesteel
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.