[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1178: Blow up the Moon (Again) Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 622
Thread images: 68

File: jumpchain OP.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
jumpchain OP.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previously on JumpChain!
>>50234109
>>
>>50245346
What's Static Shock
>>
>>50248052
One of, if not the only, good TV shows that had a black superhero.
>>
>>50248052
A character who originated in Milestorm but was adopted by DC after that company closed. Pretty fun character, black science nerd teenager who gets electricity powers and fights crime with weird electromagnetism tricks. There was a pretty good cartoon of it as part of the DCAU, though something I didn't like so much was that they handed over a lot of the science to an OC character, Richie, who was brought in to be a sidekick to Static. Come on, Virgil's damn smart, let him make his stupid electromagnetic hover-disk on his own.
>>
Whatever happened to the person who claimed Mirai Nikki?
>>
File: Cyborg.png (212KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg.png
212KB, 500x375px
>>50248057
>>
>>50248132
I withdraw the only statement.
>>
>>50248127
Probably killed in some bizarro survival game by a girl with pink hair.
>>
Post your Stands, my dudes.
>>
>>50248185
I don't have one.
>>
So we're getting the magic DC jumps now. Any chance we'll get something like that for Marvel?
>>
>>50248057
>>
>>50248057
No.
>>
>>50248254
Does Marvel have notable a notable magic series? DC kinda lucked out between The Books of Magic, Constantine and Sandman but I don't recall a single notable Marvel magic user other than Dr. Strange, and the few comics I remember him in had him as basically a guest star

>>50248185
http://pastebin.com/tRPWU9DP
>>
Well I had no idea we were getting a MiB jump.
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>50248346

>>50248074
Didn't it actually crossover with the main DCAU one time? I remember that one bad future where that guy one, there was an old Static Shock. Also apparently Batman got Wondy preggers somehow.

It was one of those "the future is collapsing because people did things to the time stream" plots, I think

>>50248127
Wait, someone was doing Mirai Nikki?

I'm WAY out of touch. What new jumps (other than Infernals) are coming out?
>>
>>50248185
Still trying to hash out the details, but I really want some kind of memetic thing where, after people see a symbol created by the stand, said symbol now exists in their head and I can affect them through it somehow.

Maybe something like a remote stand where the stand can manifest and attack them every time they remember what it looks like?
>>
>>50248346
>Does Marvel have notable a notable magic series?
Not in the same way DC does, no.
>>
File: StormAnimated.jpg (145KB, 600x311px) Image search: [Google]
StormAnimated.jpg
145KB, 600x311px
>>50248057
I heard you were talkin' shit, m8.
>>
>>50248346
Strange had his own series for a long time. You could probably do something with Thor and all the things related to him. Ghost Rider has a lot of history.

But I think Marvel would be better off with some kind of "cosmic" jump. Dealing with GotG and all the stuff they have going on in space like the Kree empire, the Skrulls, Thanos, Beta Ray Bill, etc. The main jump doesn't touch on that at all and it's as big of a part of Marvel as the magic side is of DC.
>>
>>50248404
Ah, Storm. Y'know, I usually don't really get the whole lusting after comics grade superheroines thing, the art style always makes them seem unapproachable. But with Storm I totally get it.
>>
>>50248057
Anon.

Anon.

Anon.

Your social justice indoctrination is showing.
>>
>>50248445
>social justice
What are some jumps where /pol/ was right?
>>
>>50248057
I like Avengers Assemble
>>
File: JusticeLeagueUnlimited31.jpg (28KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
JusticeLeagueUnlimited31.jpg
28KB, 640x366px
>>50248057
Huh?
>>
>>50248461
Generic Creepypasta?
>>
File: Cyborg-teen-titans2.jpg (49KB, 672x494px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg-teen-titans2.jpg
49KB, 672x494px
>>50248057
>Im-fucking-plying
>>
>>50248497
As great as this is, it doesn't count if they only show up for one episode.
>>
>>50248461
Worm
>>
>>50248508
Already been done.
>>
>>50248057
>Static Shock
>good
Bitch, please. There are tons of better IPs out there.

>pic related
The animated show was good, but the comic was goat.
>>
>>50248510
Vixen was in way more than one episode. She was a mainstay during season 2 of JL in the DCAU and has been in a couple of the movies.
>>
>>50248074
Actually Richie is a character composite of two of Static's comic companions. They gave him the the SCIENCE! part because you always need a sidekick. He even became his own super hero, becoming a kind of Ironman Knockoff.

Also Static uses trashcan lids & man hole covers a lot. That's before Richie & him invented a collapsible disk.
>>
>>50248512
>humanity wins by being forced to set aside their differences and individual interests and come together as a species
>/pol/
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>50248366
>Wait, someone was doing Mirai Nikki?
Yes, someone claimed it in June and hasn't posted since.
>>
>>50248577
If you mean mind fucked/brainwashed into it sure yeah that doesn't tie into any conspiracy theory at all.
>>
>>50248594
Yeah, but the conspiracies are the good guys. They do terrible things but ultimately have our best interests at heart, and us struggling against them keeps fucking us over.
>>
>>50248497
Fun fact. There's a season 2 of Vixen animated series. Then there's a Vixen in JSA/Legends Of Tomorrow who I think is the grandmother of the Vixen in the animated TV series/cameo Arrow appearance.
>>
>>50248615
Good guys who completely fail. The people who eventually save the day aren't part of the conspiracy. The conspiracies do terrible things in the interest of good but completely fail to save the day.
>>
>>50248615
Not always true. There are plenty of conspiracy where the actual participants are bad news.
SEELE from Evangelion comes to mind.
>>
>>50248643
Aside from making sure that Scion went nuclear at just the right time and setting things up so that Taylor would get jailbroken into Khepri?
>>
>>50248577
I meant more the racially diverse secret globalist conspiracies fucking everything up, leaving whites to save the world.
>>
>>50248672
Yeah, no. Not going to credit someone for something that they didn't intend at all, had no idea would happen and was mostly the result of the countless other actors in the story screwing with their plans knowingly or not.
>>
>>50248689
That's how Path to Victory works. Make a hypothetical version of Scion, walk the path to beating him. Khepri's the Path's end result, not an accident.
>>
>>50248501
That's were /x/ was right though

>>50248672
>>50248643
>>50248615
Better question: How many /pol/ conspiracy theories involve a giant alien galactic mass dimensionally folded crystal super-automaton created by a space whale?

Because I've never been to /pol/, but I'd be very surprised if anything from there maps on to Worm. I mean Kaiser-and eventually the rest of his faction-dies or gets played for suckas by better villains.
>>
File: 2127-500x500.png (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2127-500x500.png
10KB, 500x500px
>>50248650
He was referring to pic related from Worm. There's actually another half dozen conspiracies, many of whom are pretty goddamn bad, from the same story.
>>
>>50248700
You're exaggerating how good the hypothetical version is. They did influence the story towards it's final conclusion but they have nowhere near the impact your attributing to them. If they really did have what you claim they do, why did Cauldron do all the ultimately unnecessary awful shit they did over the series when they knew exactly what they'd need, since apparently there was no need to plan just in case?
>>
>>50248700
Why didn't they just have Contessa force Panacea into jailbreaking Taylor at the start to get it over with if they were aiming for that all along? Why did they wait until billions had died from Scion's rampage years later?
>>
>>50248700
>Implying it wasn't a smurf plot

There was literally a segment where she was pretty explicitly brainwashed.
>>
>>50248718
Because Khepri alone is worthless. She needed an army of Capes, Cauldron and natural.
>>
>>50248701

>>50248686
>>
>>50248755
Except no, she only needed specific sorts of capes. If Contessa's hypothetical mode is as perfect as you say, she shouldn't have had any problems with getting the perfect shard formulas from Eden's corpse, meaning they should have been able to get all the perfectly suited powers they needed. But they didn't. They had to do a constant trail and error and just try and make as many good capes as they could. They didn't focus towards tinkers either, despite them ultimately being the most important capes type.

Unless you're going to argue every last Case 53 was somehow integral to the final battle.
>>
>>50248732
They needed him to be in Golden Morning Mode so they could wave his dead waifu at him and break his heart. His emotional state only started advancing once he went into blow shit up mode.

>>50248812
They might have been. Not in the sense that they helped deal the killing blow, but in the sense that their existence got the ducks in the row for the final battle. It's hard to tell when you're dealing with someone who's superpower is "I do the thing that makes me win, whatever it is."
>>
>>50248886
But they could easily push him into Golden Morning themselves. They've got Contessa, your version for her at least, who's powers are apparently working full force. Why wait? More parahumans are alive pre Golden Morning, certainly more stronger ones and all the ones that were vital in the final battle too. How much easier would it have been if Khepri could abuse Echidna to mass make Eidolons and Alexandrias?
>>
>>50248886
That's neat anon. Dodge the rest of the post. Problem with even your limited answer is what the other anon pointed out. The final battle could have been done much sooner and much better, not needing all this roundabout getting ducks in a row. Everyone important is alive at the start and if Contessa really is working at full power on Scion, they're good to go.
>>
>>50248886
Dude, come on. You're stretching really damn far to justify Cauldron having it all just as planned.
>>
>>50248911
>>50248928
You assume it could have gone better if things had been lined up differently. But we're dealing with a precognitive superpower that finds the winning combination of actions. You assume that means she fucked up; I assume they wouldn't have won with a different combination of actions. Why? Fuck if I know. When I gain a precognitive superpower I'll let you know.
>>
>>50248986
Except the contention here is that you're assuming her power is working properly, despite us being told it doesn't work on certain beings and that she has to wing it a lot. Nothing at all indicates that her hypothetical scenarios are like her actual full strength power and we have plenty of indications that it is not. When ever you're given evidence or have pointed out to you why this doesn't make sense, you do the equivalent of putting your hands on your ears and yelling blah blah blah.
>>
>>50248986
Man, when you sink to this level, you might as well just concede the argument. 95% of your argument is "Well maybe it's this, despite having basically nothing to support it". It's a lot more logical to assume that Contessa's power and how it relates to Scion isn't very good and that she knows it. It explains the story much better (And the story quality itself is much better) then if the entire thing was a gigantic rube goldberg plot.
>>
Okay, I get it: Worm is saltier than the Dead Sea at low tide.

Other than giving people Stands, any ideas for fun things to do with the jawbreakers from /co/co/?

Also with all the recent talk about DC Mystic stuff, what sort of things and people are there that stand apart from regular flavor DC?
>>
>>50249094
Well, there's Constantine. And this is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a good Hellblazer jump.
>>
>>50249094
Use 'em to power and uplift robots.

Apparently they work as a surrogate soul. Who'd a thunk it?
>>
>>50249107
Hey now-I recall Hellblazer's pretty much the only exception to a jump that's open for being replaced. It's only on the drive as a placeholder because someone overlooked it while it was uploaded with the rest.

>>50249138
I really wish /co/co/ lore was better consolidated somewhere, though I get that it's being hashed out so much everything probably gets mildly changed around every few threads
>>
>>50249094
Most of the Vertigo titles - Swamp Thing, Sandman, Books of Magic, and Hellblazer. I honestly wish they'd do a Vertigo Jump instead, but you get what you pay for.
>>
>>50248535
I didn't see the comic, I seen show and I would kill for W.I.T.C.H jump
>>
>>50249283
I mean, it pretty much is, isn't it? Even back when Vertigo was a thing, its characters existed on the fringe of DC.
>>
>>50249460
Probably not.

The guy hasn't read Sandman, I doubt he's read the Books of Magic.
>>
>>50248755
Speaking of Worm.

How do you defeat Gray Boy?
>>
>>50249404
If you liked the show you'd love love love the comic. It runs longer and really explores the world and characters. Some of later arcs are crazy.

If you poke around you can find the comic online.
>>
>>50249460
There's non-mystic Vertigo, though. Animal Man, Doom Patrol, and Shade all fit into the pseudo-DC Vertigo universe without being what I'd call mystic.
>>
>>50249094
Make them into slimes via that slime rancher jump after running them through the plum juggler+give it a boost method a few dozen times. Nothing bad will happen, probably.
>>
>>50249517
Balefire's the easiest way. The hard part is helping his victims without killing them.
>>
Alright everyone is shitting their pants over Scion, but what about Glaistig? She arguably is more powerful than him
>>
>>50249475
Did you see the WIP he posted before? There was an entire perk line based on Constantine, perks that reference Books of Magic, and a capstone that made you an avatar of the Red/Green/Blue/Gray.
>>
>>50249545
Anything that can kill Golden Boy can kill Fairy Girl. She has fewer powers, limits on how many she can use at once, and she's a human instead of a continent-sized abomination hiding in a pocket dimension and making us fight his fingertip.
>>
>>50249551
No I didn't. That is odd.
>>
>>50249517
Immunity to temporal effects, or being really fast and really, really good at dodging.

Probably a "things you kill stay dead" perk too, because his shard will reset him back to an earlier point if you do manage to kill him, and just flat out teleports him somewhere else if he gets stuck. He was only killed in-universe via exploits in powers. One of those things that keeps getting repeated, and may or may not actually be true, is that GU killed him by absorbing his shard in the brief period between him dying and coming back to life. Flechette just killed his clone with Sting, because that no-sells everything in the setting.
>>
>>50249591
The Worm Wiki is a piece of shit for trying to understand the characters or events
>>
>>50249545
She's got a lot of issues, anyone with enough social-fu perks, and drop-in gets a good one as a capstone, can probably just talk her down.
>>
>>50249475
The original miniseries or the multiple meh follow-up series? I've read the original multiple times and have read substantial chunks of the other.

And I have read /some/ Sandman and sizable amounts of Hellblazer.

Not much Lucifer or Swamp Thing, though. And I have basically never seen Doom Patrol and very little Animal Man.
>>
Fate extra will let you pick any canon master as your own, right? List a few goodish female masters I could take. Also, I'm more concerned with personality than raw power.
>>
>>50249545
>Fairly early Jumper takes the Passenger drawback
>Your host meets Faerie Queen
>Her shard sight shows her, instead of the crazy eldritch shit she normally sees, an apparently normal person
>Jumper notices her and waves
>Glaistig: What the fuck?
>>
>>50249649
Google is a thing that exists.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fate+extra+masters
>>
>>50249649
>Not importing your servant from the first Fate jump as your master
>>
>>50249649
Run Ru's pretty great.

Seriously though, Alice and Jinako Carigiri a best.
>>
>>50249666
That's pretty much what I did.
>>
>>50249659
I'm smoewhat familiar with zero and stay night, but none of the masters there appeal to me very much. Maybe prism illya, but I don't think she qualifies. I was hoping for someone would recommend someone i wasn't familiar with.

>>50249666
Haven't been there. Well, honestly I'm only doing this mini-chain for the hell of it, so I suppose I could just embed it in my normal one somewhere and use one of my companions.
>>
>>50249638
>>50249475
Completely forgot the point of my post. I meant to ask if there was anything in particular you'd like to see in the jump? There's a lot of stuff to work with.
>>
>>50249545
Are you dumb?
>>
>>50249768
It's a generic for a reason. It doesn't need to include a large amount of material from each of those properties. It'll just become too bloated. Better leaving those to their own jumps.
>>
Genealogy Of The Holy War
FE minichain #1
Location - Manster District - Free
Gender/Age - Not mentioned, female - Free
Noble Blood - 100 (900)
Bargin - 100 (800)
Major Naga Blood - 600 (200)
Minor Naga Blood? - Free
Charm - 100 (100)
Family Connections - 150 (-50)
Vengance - 200 (-250)
Theme Song - Free
Lots of GP - 50 (-300)
Sol Sword - 50 (-350)
Luna Sword - 50 (-400)
Loptyr's Ire - +400 (0)

The only way this build could be better would be if I could buy a Nosferatu, or a skill version of Sol. I mean, seriously. I've got Sol and Vengance both. The more damage I take, the more damage I do. The more damage I do, the faster I heal. It's beautiful.

Also, Nihil would be amazing, especially given Lunatic+ in awakening. Fuck your dragonskin+. Might redo this later to include a child, and have them pick it up.

NikaMoth, Digger, can I convince you to alter the companion import option slight? One for 50, two for 100, and so forth until eight? Paying 300 cp to buy a single companion is not fun.

Lastly, what's the difference between a Major Blood and a Minor Blood, and is my build invalid for picking both from the same source?
>>
Anyone able to answer my question here? >>50234895
>>
>>50250158
Blue.
>>
File: play ball.jpg (712KB, 976x1520px) Image search: [Google]
play ball.jpg
712KB, 976x1520px
>>50249768
The Mask? It's technically canon in DC, and it's technically magic.
>>
File: Stop Posting Satan.png (477KB, 695x559px) Image search: [Google]
Stop Posting Satan.png
477KB, 695x559px
>>50248346
People seem to forget it, but DOOM is also a Sorcerer as well as a Scientist.

>>50249666
I'm on to you Satan
>>
File: Best DC Girl.jpg (94KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
Best DC Girl.jpg
94KB, 736x414px
>>50249768
This is for a Mystic DC jump right?
I'd kill for a way that makes it easier to contact Death, who is mai waifu from Regular DC.
I could get two Deaths! Twins they were!
That's three anthropomorphic incarnations of the concept of Death total!
>>
>>50246260
I must admit that I thought of doing that, but ultimately decided against it because I thought it would be tacky.
>>
File: cthulhusavestheworld-b.jpg (37KB, 494x155px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhusavestheworld-b.jpg
37KB, 494x155px
Cultist
400 cp - Come Forth
The beings inside the Mythos are great and powerful, yes, but they have their flaws. Sort of. The more powerful of these creatures can be bargained with, though you often will find the costs not to your liking. Thanks to tireless research into the Mythos, you have developed a summoning method for each and every member of the Mythos. Yes, that includes Yog-Soggoth, though I recommend not - nay, NEVER - testing that one. Of course, insanity inducing gods being insanity inducing gods, using any of them may be a bad plan. Which is why you also get the skill necessary to make your own summoning rituals for other bings, outside the Mythos.

Cthulhu
600 cp - Mythos Master
The monster Cthulhu is one of the Mythos’s mid tier powers, a great old one. There are a number equal to him, and a number stronger, but those are all individuals. Those lesser to him are entire races. Those members of the Cthulhu Mythos who are weaker than Cthulhu will no longer bother you - as one of their gods, they would lose a fight with you, and they know it. While there are still a large number of ‘ordinary’ monsters here, this will prevent a decent amount of them from ever attacking you. Of course, it doesn’t really work on those stronger than Cthulhu, and Azathoth is the final boss, so good luck.
>>
>>50250113
Hm! I think I could fix that and make it so that you can buy a Nosferatu at character creation. Don't know why I didn't think about that before. I did initally feel the 300 CP companion cost was steep but I was unsure if I shoud change it.

The differences between Major and Minor blood is that Major Holy Blood people can weild the Holy Weapons--Minor Holy Blood people cannot. That's really the only difference. You still get the same boost to magic and resistance Naga blood gives you with Minor Holy Blood.

And your build is unfortunately invalid since it's pointless to buy major and minor holy blood of the same bloodline since the benefits don't stack.

I should word the perk better, in this light.
>>
>>50249591
I call bullshit on that spoiler.
Gray Boy had already been killed once, by GU herself IIRC. And she didn't have Sting at the time.
>>
>>50250834
Hot damn, those are pretty cool.

Though what does Mythos Master do post-jump?
>>
>>50250851
Actually, Nosferatu is basically a dark magic version of the Sol sword, so it's... not irrelevant, but not necessary.

The Sol skill, on the other hand, I would love. Healing 100% of the damage dealt would be amazing. But I digress.

Just out of curiosity, why is major blood discounted to drop in's? It seems like that would be a noble thing, given that minor blood is their free perk.

Ah, then I'll change it to a swordy one to go with my Sol sword.
>>
>>50250113
But overall, I think this is a good build, save for that one mistake.
>>
File: Gonna need more booze.jpg (54KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Gonna need more booze.jpg
54KB, 500x374px
>>50250834
>being able to summon entities like Azathoth or Yog-Soggoth at any time
>being able to beat up a fair amount of Lovecraftian gods at any time
So ignoring the complete bullshit of being able to summon Capital-G Gods or becoming close to them, why the fuck would anyone want to be anything other than cultist in your jump again?
>>
>>50250670
True, but the question was is there a magical series in Marvel not are there magical characters in Marvel.
>>
>>50250882

Major Blood is discounted for drop-ins because I made the drop-in skillset in mind with magic weapons and items. Major Holy Blood allows you to use the Holy Weapons, which is what those jumpers are going to want. I did consider switching the Master Knight/Baron perk and the Major Holy Blood perk but I decided against it.

Granted I didn't want to make the jump just a huge powergrab, which is why they cost so much in the first place.
>>
What a sly dog~ He's got you Wormposting again.
>>
File: Lovecraft-bestiary.jpg (422KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft-bestiary.jpg
422KB, 1280x1792px
>>50250874
Same thing. Makes things lower on the hierarchy than cthulhu reluctant to attack you, and lets you have afternoon tea with alternate versions of cthulhu.
>>
>>50250927
What happened to the villains when the superheroes were forced into retirement?

Did they just... stop committing crimes?
>>
>>50250926
That makes sense.

How difficult will it be to get the Book of Naga in setting, given that I am not a drop in?
>>
File: 484094061.gif (642KB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
484094061.gif
642KB, 400x231px
Last Time on Restarted Chain
War is hell, except when it's a harem anime. Hitler received many blows to the nuts.
This time!
Hey Yoro. Yoro. Yoro. YOOOOORRRROOOOOOOOOO!

Jump 12: Archer

Wakana: This place looks surprisingly normal.
Jumper: It is, for the most part. The technology can get a little advanced but it's mostly a normal world.
Raven: Nice change of pace for once.
J: Well, not totally. We're going to be starting up a spy and intelligence agency.
R: Aaaaaand there's the other boot.
Lina: I seem to remember a certain purple haired cutie wading into the battlefield and gleefully punching half a dozen AFWs into scrap just a few years ago.
J: It's a game we play Lina. Raven likes to pretend she's the voice of reason. We had a wager going in the beginning. She bet she could keep my baser tendencies from corrupting her and I bet I could get her to loosen up and enjoy life. So far, I've been winning.
L: Such an interesting contest. Are you accepting new players?
R: That's quite enough of that out of both of you.
Yamato: Awww... it was just getting good.

Identity: Drop-In (Free), Age 31

Perks:
+ Phrasing (Free)
+ Cultural References (Free)
+ Linguist (100, 900)
+ Engineering (200, 700)
+ Sploosh (300, 400)

R: Really?
J: Don't judge me.
R: Ooooh, I'm judging you.
J: You say that now, but wait until you find out what I just learned.
Y: Phrasing!
W: Not quite dear.

Items:
+ Cyborg Friend (400, 0)
J: Okay, so I can only pick one of you to fill this role and there's nothing else being handed out here. So we're going to have to come up with a fair way of deciding who gets it.
L: I'll do that thing you like with my tongue.
J: We have a winner.
R: You could at least let the rest of us bid.
W: I suspect that's not the only reason he's letting her have it.
Y: ....
W: Yes, now dear.
Y: PHRASING!
> "This is going to be so much fun to watch."

[1/2]
>>
File: Tea With Cthulhu.jpg (333KB, 407x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tea With Cthulhu.jpg
333KB, 407x500px
>>50250890
>being able to summon entities like Azathoth or Yog-Soggoth at any time
Like you could already do in Lovecraft. And they're still likely to eat you?

>>50250928
>and lets you have afternoon tea with alternate versions of cthulhu.
Wait, really? I didn't get that out of the perk... would be amazing though.
>>
>>50250937
That seems to be the implication, yeah. If you really want to fuck up the plot, it's basically as simple as being a supervillain who Gives No Fucks during the hero ban.
>>
>>50250928
I always feel that that pic always does sum up how Lovecraft treated things. Expectially the part where you look at it and ask... Where are Humans?
>>
>>50250945

Given how you're a noble with Major Blood and you took the "Family Connections" perk, you should have a fair bit of political clout. iirc, Prince Kurth and King Azmur weren't fighty type people so I think that if you could BS a reason like saying
that you need to help Grandbell in the coming war and the King and Prince need to do their royal duties, why not have you fight in their steed instead?
>>
>>50250984
Story Time!
There's honestly not a ton to talk about here, but I'll still give a short run through of the major events.

= Companions head off to form VALKYRIE, a competing spy agency literally right across the street from ISIS. I use my position as impromptu Intern to offer positions to the underpaid and underappreciated Drones, along with Ray, Pam, and Cyril. Mass exodus follows.

= Lana and Archer both try to apply as agents, but Major Lina turns them away at the door. By my request. Both head back to ISIS and cling to the sinking boats like rats without a life boat. Eventually Lana applies again and is accepted under the strict guidelines she does not contact Archer again and participates in the company mandated therapy.

= VALKYRIE does quite well for itself. Major Lina runs a tight, smooth ship and soon the missions are flowing. Ray, Raven, and I focus on the stealthy missions while Wakana, Yamato, and Pan get sent on the "louder" operations. The division works out very well and plays to everyone strengths.

= Literally zero thought is given to Archer or Malory, though I end up perpetuating a lot of running gags from the show.

= There's an intervention late in the Jump, as I apparently got /way/ too into the whole drugs, alcohol, and random handholding for everyone to be comfortable with. I agree to dial down like, five notches.

= It was a fun ten years. Very little in the way of details can be shared on this board, unfortunately.

Next time on Restarted Chain
Raven gets a chance to drive as she literally steals the wheel.
>>
>>50251021
At it's core, the perk is basically getting street cred inside the Mythos.

The weak races will obey you (mostly), the mid races will respect you (mostly, with the exception of cthulhu who will actually like you), and the strong races might notice you enough to not destroy you accidentally.

>>50251047
They're the tiny pixel in the bottom left. Or maybe my screen is dirty.
>>
...Although, I must note, that buying Fala and Naga blood can make the benefits stack and such a combination would be fairly powerful.
>>
>>50251100
>At it's core, the perk is basically getting street cred inside the Mythos.
>The weak races will obey you (mostly), the mid races will respect you (mostly, with the exception of cthulhu who will actually like you), and the strong races might notice you enough to not destroy you accidentally.
I.. would like to suggest that be spelled out a bit more? It really focusses on just the lesser races right now. And I need to be able to invite Cthulhu to my teaparties.
>>
>>50251176
Because they both boost magic? Cool.

I'll add that in later.

Can I get a rough estimate for the price of a single companion import?
>>
>>50250774
YJ_Anon, can Order Magic get more powerful with learning boosters?
>>
>>50251215

100 CP, I feel that 50 CP is too cheap for a single companion when they get 600 CP worth of perks.
>>
>>50251347
But you can buy up to eight companions for 300 CP still.
>>
>>50251295
Sure.
>>
>>50251408

update to fallout 4 when
>>
>>50251474
Sometime before Christmas at the latest. I've been busy with other things lately, so I haven't had a lot of time to myself.
>>
What's are the best uses for Misc. Meta? I'm thinking something like this:

Look up a perk you want to replicate but don't want to pay for or go to the jump that offers it, then make a clone of it with Rainmaker Kid or Misc Meta, pretty much. Using Misc Meta to replicate, say, the World Champion perk from Overlord (LN) means you don't pay an arm and a leg for it in Overlord itself saving you a lot of CP in a CP vampire jump, and it also means you don't have to go to Overlord if you don't want to.

Or you could recreate This Is, In Fact, My Final Form from SAO and free up 600 CP (who wants to be Kayaba's accomplice?), Device Meister from Nanoha, Incomprehensible from Young Justice, Copycat from Ranma 1/2, Sage of the Forest from Hero BBS, Savant from Pokémon, Jumper Empress of Jumper Eyes from Mushoku Tensei, any perk from a Gauntlet you really don't want to go to, or any capstone from Touhou. No need to go to those jumps, no need to spend CP on getting a perk you effectively already have if you do go, and if it's Misc Meta it'll even grow better over time.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Poor bait.png (455KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
Poor bait.png
455KB, 680x681px
>>50251510
2/10.
>>
>>50251510
Stop quoting SB.
>>
>>50251510
Hello SB copyposter.
>>
>>50250669
I honestly don't know much about the Mask? Doesn't it make the wearer essentially invincible? Like, laugh off exploring planets with cartoon physics invincible?

>>50250714
Something that makes it easier to contact higher beings like the Endless may work.
>>
>>50251532
>>50251536
Just because it's from SB doesn't mean it's invalid.
>>
>>50249939
Yeah, that's why I was asking. I can't include everything from each specific property, so I was curious if there was anything in particular people were interested in.
>>
>>50251578
Are you going to keep the Half-Blood Origin? I like the idea of being half fae.
>>
>>50250774
>tacky

Dude, it would've been perfect then. Quite a few creepypastas get just tacky.
>>
File: 1474333440865.jpg (50KB, 495x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474333440865.jpg
50KB, 495x1000px
>Reading the Hero BBS jump
>Like the Retired Hero perks and gear
>Retired Heroes finish their quest before the jump starts
>Don't want to just skip my quest
Halp.
>>
>>50251630
>Quite a few creepypastas get just tacky.
Lewd.
>>
>>50251510
>(who wants to be Kayaba's accomplice?)
I mean, in addition to the discounts, you also get an endgame raidboss-level power buff, and Kayaba's trust, which makes the betrayed look on his face as you see him being hauled away in handcuffs much more satisfying (granted, you may want an "above the law" perk to ensure you don't end up in handcuffs alongside him).
>>
File: 1478730715871.jpg (136KB, 420x922px) Image search: [Google]
1478730715871.jpg
136KB, 420x922px
Which jump has the best pressure point bullshit?

I know that Toriko has Knocking and Wuxia has pressure points, but what else?
>>
>>50251606
Probably. That was mostly based on Tim, Raven, and Nu52 Wonder Woman. It'll lose the physical buffs but keep a lot of the other.
>>
>>50251641
Maybe have an other Demon Lord appear suddenly?
>>
>>50251641
Grab the drawback that means you get summoned all the time.

All the quests you could want.
>>
>>50251666
A:TLA and Korra let you seal spiritual powers by doing so.
>>
>>50251652
>above the law
I assume perks you buy in the jump would continue to work in the real world.

Final Form in a more advanced, but otherwise mundane, world would probably put you above the law.
>>
>>50251641
Well, you basically get to fanwank the world you start it, to some variable degree of high fantasy.
Just say that you finished one quest and then a new one starts up because you didn't fucking do it right the first time.

It's like a videogame sequel, except you didn't lose all your shit from the last quest.
>>
>>50251666
Did that middle panel actually happen somewhere or is it an edit.

Also jesus christ Peter your neck has a tumor on it. and your chest looks like it's gonna explode. and your head is far too small. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU.
>>
>>50251666
Ranma has some. I guess some Exalted stuff works on pressure point, or masquerades as such while actually being more Essence stuff. Journey to the West? Histories Strongest has Medical Martial Arts...
>>
>>50251697
>Also jesus christ Peter your neck has a tumor on it. and your chest looks like it's gonna explode. and your head is far too small. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU.
Spider-cancer.

Radioactive spider, remember?
>>
>>50251578
How much does Princess Amaya factor into the plot of JLD? If it's enough for her to be represented there, nevermind, if it's not, then I'd like some of that Gemworld stuff.

Also, it was brought up when it was all one jump, but still: options for the Grey and the Black.

Uh... how about the Heart of Darkness? Or a more amicable and less schmuck-baity knockoff? Something like Cedella's Skull, but made from a willing wizard/voodoo master/insert other magical practitioner, to aid the Jumper in their studies? The Cloak of Cagliostro? The Manitou Stone?
>>
>>50251510
Says in the notes, anon.
Street level stuff.
And Rainmaker is exclusively for non-combat oriented powers. Like super-digging. Or turning inorganic matter into a food goop that you can control the flavor, color, texture, and nutritional value of.
>>
>>50251697
The panel bears an uncanny resemblance to Liefeld's infamous Captain America drawing, so there's a good chance it's real, just badly drawn.

The text is definitely an edit, however.
>>
>>50251765
Don't feed the SB copyposter.
>>
>>50250834
Seems might OP, buddy. Might want to rethink those.
>>
>>50251778
Just trying to help on the off chance that it's an innocent retard.

Now that I think about it, that kid with the food goop power actually has a really badass power.
He could rob banks with that shit, just turn the walls into goop.
He could clear rubble after a disaster.
All sorts of shit.

A Jumper could use it in conjunction with 401(k) from HSotD to devour lifeless worlds.
>>
>>50251765
>Street level stuff.
Is that even applicable, anon? Just get them at a lower intensity, and they'll get stronger by the rules of Misc. Meta.
>>
>>50251792
>You can summon stuff that'll likely kill you for doing so.
>You have amazing reputation among eldritch beings.
I mean, they're really cool perks. But they don't seem OP too.
>>
File: R7cIhIO.jpg (259KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
R7cIhIO.jpg
259KB, 600x927px
>>50251822
The Food Goop Kid suggests "transmutation" is a valid power. If you get something like "transmute a ton of matter" from Misc. Meta, with enough time you could probably do something like pic-related.
>>
>>50251913
Except we already have an FMA jump.
You're wasting points, but there's nothing wrong with that, I guess.
>>
>>50251913
Wasn't Clover going to make a gauntlet of that? Whatever happened there?
>>
>>50251938
We all went "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" at some of the perks and apparently he stopped working on it. We only have the WIP. http://pastebin.com/4H3anaZP
>>
>>50251510
What's Misc Meta from
>>
File: 1478195429042.jpg (59KB, 702x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478195429042.jpg
59KB, 702x480px
>You have 10 seconds to come up with an idea for a shitty chain theme.
>>
>>50251999
Snakes
>>
>>50251999
All builds must be based off of 90s rap-rock songs.
>>
>>50251999
On a plane
>>
>>50251999
Policing the Multiverse for anomalies, Drawback Enemies who've gone rouge/Roberts Jumpers, for Jump-Chan.
>>
>>50251999
Actual shit.
>>
>>50251999
Social media jumper just jumps to make Vines and selfies.
>>
>>50251999
Edgy anti-heroes
>>
>>50251999
The Fourth Reich.
>>
>>50252031
>drawback enemies that have gone rogue
So would Errai be the final boss? I mean, an anomaly hijacking control over an entire multiverse and gaining insane levels of power sounds like it would work as a final boss.
>>
>>50251999
No perks, only items.
>>
>>50252047
>Hero is undergoing a tortuous inner struggle over whether they should kill the villain
>Jumper standing in the background shouting "do it for the vine!"
>>
>>50251938
As >>50251965 says, the thread's brigade of entitled power-wankers convinced him otherwise.
>>
>>50251999
Robbie Rotten as a jumper-oh wait, you said shitty, my bad.
>>
>>50251999
Starting in Suggsverse Jump and leaving it in disgust. Looking for a better world to live in.
>>
>>50251999
Naked chain, no items only perks(no clothes or any other kind of item either good luck with no pokeballs for pokemon).
>>
>>50251999
Jackass Jumper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_3VrHLuqG4
>>
>>50251999
Kender Jumper.
>>
>>50251999
You must take every jump. Yes, even those. Especially those.
>>
>>50252081
>No Lazy Town jump
I didn't realize I wanted this.

>Drawback where Robbie Rotten interferes with any attempt to treat the jump as an excuse to train for 10 years
>>
>>50252122
Tasslehoff Burrfoot with that Rod running amok?
>>
>>50251999
Jumper can only talk like he's a TVTropes page / entry.
>>
>>50251999
A video game developer looking for inspiration.
>>
>>50250834
Looks good.
>>
>>50251999
Emoji magic jumper
>>
>>50251999
Trumper attempts to build a wall around the multiverse and make Jumpchan pay for it.
>>
>>50251999
Michael Moore: The Legendary Journies
>>
>>50252143
Pretty much. He can't buy items, only steal them. No invisibility powers or social perks. Must always take at least half the Drawback cap.
>>
>>50252200
Is he also going to make anime real?
>>
>>50252200
>>50252209
Pottery
>>
>>50252080
From what I recall it wasn't wanting more power, that argument was on a back seat to the whining of "What makes your setting so special?" and the bitching on how all gauntlets are evil and should never be tolerated. So it got shat up and nobody's touched it since.
>>
>>50252133
>drawback where Robbie Rotten's disguises always fool the Jumper and their companions, to the point of being able to disguise himself as an eldritch abomination if necessary.
>>
File: 1429993660384.jpg (49KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1429993660384.jpg
49KB, 500x444px
>>50252143
>>50252122
>>50252215
Let me give my response to this idea...
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
>>50252226
>Robbie Rotten companion option
>Times four
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 580x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 580x402px
Can your Jumper defeat Sportacus?
>>
>>50252226
> The eldritch mask is in fact a fake mustache he crinkled up and attached tentacles to out of construction paper.
> It still fools the jumper.
> And all their companions.
> Only one little pink haired girl sees through the ruse.
>>
>>50252222
You could have prevented literally all the suffering that happened in this setting if you weren't arbitrarily nerfed, but "lolno kek. muh tone of setting!1!!"
>>
>>50252269
Yeah, you. You're the reason. Your bitching right there. That's why we don't have an Uber jump. People like you.
>>
>>50251759
I'm planning to include some Amethyst/Gemworld stuff in one of the jumps.

>Also, it was brought up when it was all one jump, but still: options for the Grey and the Black.
Yup.
>>
>>50251999
chain where you accrue as many sound powers so that you can just scream at your enemies and they die instantly
>>
>>50252226
>Robbie Rotten disguises himself as jumper
>"If that's me, then who am I?"
>>
>>50251759
>>50252283
>Uh... how about the Heart of Darkness? Or a more amicable and less schmuck-baity knockoff? Something like Cedella's Skull, but made from a willing wizard/voodoo master/insert other magical practitioner, to aid the Jumper in their studies? The Cloak of Cagliostro? The Manitou Stone?
Well, it's not exactly the same thing, but...

Vestments of Fate/Freedom (??? CP): The Lords of Order and Chaos are powerful magical beings that were born at the dawn of time. For untold millenia, they have been locked in a metaphysical war, attempting to further the cause of Order or of Chaos. Primarily, this is accomplished by empowering mortal agents to act as proxies.

The strongest and most well-known example of this is Doctor Fate, the manifestation of Nabu, the greatest and most powerful of the Lords of Order, who channels his power through the Helm of Fate and those who it. But Nabu is far from the only Lord to empower his agents through artifacts and one such item has fallen into your possession.

You have some wearable object that contains the essence of a lesser Lord, whether of Chaos or Order. This item is bound to you, allowing you to summon it at-will, and when worn, grants you access to a large sum of magical power. You're no match for Doctor Fate at the peak of his power and your ultimate potential will vary greatly based on your own magical potential, but you will be able to call on spells that would leave most magicians in awe, even if you haven't an ounce of magical blood in your veins.

As well, when worn, the ghost of the — now long-dead — Lord will whisper in your mind, teaching you powerful magic and prompting you follow their agenda. You don't have to advance their cause, but they will be much more posts willing to teach you if you do so.
After this jump is over, you can silence the ghost or awaken it as you please.
>>
>>50252282
To be fair, we would have never had an Uber jump. It would have been a gauntlet.
>>
>>50252282
Why do you want an unlicensed taxi jump?
>>
>>50252227
Don't expect me to write it. My side-chain queue is full at the moment.

It does seem like a fun chain to write for though.
>>
>>50252282
Because no one likes fucking gauntlets. Part of the point of the chain is to maintain some form of continuity between settings. There's literally no diversity because the only way to tell a story in a gauntlet is by doing exactly what happened in canon. Or just dispense all the information about the enemy. Because anything else would be retarded.
>>
What are some good perks for teleporting things from my warehouse?
>>
>>50252352
That one in Kirby.
>>
>>50252305
>but they will be much more posts willing to teach you if you do so.
Uh, should that 'posts' be there? Looks cool though.
>>
>>50252305
First of all, that's awesome, if underwhelmingl nerfed. Second, how is anyone going to complete the Day of Vengeance Drawback with these kinds of power, assuming this is our high end gear? Or is that one of those, you need outside Jump powers flat out?
>>
File: e.jpg (828KB, 1280x1973px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
828KB, 1280x1973px
>>50252283
>>50252305
Thank you.
>>
>>50252352
Requip
>>
>>50252347
And yet we have a SOMA gauntlet and a LLTQ gauntlet. We even have an Exalted: Mortal Hero gauntlet. So clearly there's not as much hate as you claim there is. Maybe it's just you, Timmy.
>>
File: amidreaming.png (13KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
amidreaming.png
13KB, 381x380px
>>50252301
> Jumper mistakes this for an Evil Clone Drawback.
> "Shit, we're not going to have to fight, are we? I'm pretty sure that would destroy the town."
> "Am I the fake or the real one?"
> "Okay, tell you what, how about, whoever's the real jumper can just keep moving on in the chain, and the fake gets to control lazytown."
> Jumper inadvertantly teams up with Robbie Rotten, thinking they're him, in order to turn Lazytown into Jumpertown, which is actually becoming Robbietown.
>>
>>50252386
Yes, and no one's tossed to either of those. Or when they are, it's usually in a string of "punishment jumps". They're not interesting because it's always the same shit, different chain.
>>
>>50252372
No, it shouldn't. Thanks.

>>50252373
It's not nerfed as bad as it sounds. You just can't do the crazy stuff like create blasts that are felt three universes away or rez billions of people at once.

>Day of Vengeance
That'll probably be reworked into a Scenario instead of just a drawback.

>>50252374
You betcha.
>>
>>50252408
>They're not interesting because it's always the same shit, different chain.
Sounds like someone doesn't actually read the gauntlets in question. Of course with how salty you are, I doubt you read anything that isn't Exalted, Worm, Fate, or shounen.
>>
File: 1468822685736.jpg (29KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1468822685736.jpg
29KB, 330x327px
>>50252386
>Maybe it's just you, Timmy
>mfw
You recognize it's the shitposter, yet you keep taking the bait.
>>
>>50252347
Shut your whore mouth, Robot Unicorn Attack is fucking fabulous.
>>
>>50252437
I'm saying there are limited potential story solutions because often the only way to survive in them is to stay on the canonical railroads. Or at least that's what most intelligent people would do.
>>
Where are some places that you can upgrade your ocean or space ship with cp?
>>
>>50252386
To be fair, there's not much going on with SOMA and LLTQ. Robot Unicorn Attack barely has enough for Gauntlet. No accounting for any other Gauntlets, though.

No reason there can't be both a Gauntlet and a standard Jump of a setting, either. There's precedent.

>Maybe it's just you
It's always just one person on the other side of the argument, isn't it? Just one loud asshole who won't shut up and stop ruining your fun.

It's telling that there's over 600 standard jumps and less than 20 Gauntlets.
It's pretty obvious what people want.
>>
>>50252408
You're not wrong about gauntlets being eww, but Mortal Hero and LLTQ are fun and still have some variety. The first if only because of whether you're going safe, making use of Forgotten Realms Syndrome, or cheesing with the item imports. While the latter because of the paths to making Elodie competent enough to survive (or at least protect her). Personally, I like giving her learning boosters to turn her into Batman: Pink Princess Edition. Some people use the companion or item options, and I'm pretty sure at least one person just bought his way into her being skilled.

...Remember that guy who got betrayed by a companion and was eaten up by Elodie? Then Elodie got herself pounded by Rodin (and not in the good way either) while he went on to... do whatever the fuck Rodin does all over the multiverse. That was almost as magical as the guy who choked to death on food not even a minute into Naruto jump 1.

If it weren't for gauntlets, that would never have happened. And that's terrible.
>>
>>50252436
>It's not nerfed as bad as it sounds. You just can't do the crazy stuff like create blasts that are felt three universes away or rez billions of people at once.
As I said it was nerfed underwhelmingly, as in I'm actually impressed by how much power is being let through when most of the DC stuff I've seen is street level, cept for the ring.
>Day of Vengeance
Still how? Do we get the fucking Spear of Destiny or something, cause that's the only way he's ever been reliably taken down. I mean you've got guys like Gaunlet who try to craft combos to defeat that kinda thing but every time I've seen him do that he's been told, flat out, no-sell you don't fight the Specter he fucks you up no matter what. Heck the only resistance to Reality Warping in the entire chain is in Unsounded, which is some book I've never even heard of.
>>
>>50252523
Anon, nobody gives a fuck about stories anymore.

>>50252493
>It's telling that there's over 600 standard jumps and less than 20 Gauntlets.
Yeah because entitled fuckwits keep shitting on anyone who dares to deviate. If you're not a double god ant-stomping harem jumper, you're screamed at for doing it wrong.
>>
>>50252523
Yes. The thing is, there isn't really much of an option for variety with something like Uber, which is basically "bad shit happens because of black-box Nazi gods" the setting, and by not getting involved, you're claim to any sort of morality would be dubious at best.

>>50252551
It's more because not everyone is satisfied being another cog in a grimderp story, whose presence doesn't really affect the setting at all.
>>
>>50252551
>nobody gives a fuck about stories
...stop judging me.
>>
>>50252577
>It's more because not everyone is satisfied being another cog in a grimderp story, whose presence doesn't really affect the setting at all.
So work to change that and put some effort in instead of whining to have everything handed to you. I thought Jumpers were supposed to conquer anything.
>>
>>50252551
>entitled fuckwits
Looks like the 'entitled fuckwits' are in the majority, anon. You're the minority here. And a minority who constantly bitches about the status quo, despite the grand majority of people being in favor of it, would be the real 'entitled fuckwit', wouldn't they? It's like an SJW screaming about safe spaces and trigger warnings.

So… we're done here, right? Gauntlets aren't popular. And there's really no reason for them. They're like… an appendix.
>>
File: APPLAUSE.gif (171KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
APPLAUSE.gif
171KB, 600x526px
>>50252584
Okay I laughed.
>>
>>50252584
>>50252551
Yeah, I want no part of this.
>>
>>50251545
>Doesn't it make the wearer essentially invincible?
As long as you wear the mask you are toonforce invincible, much less powerful offensively but still pretty powerful.

Unfortunately the mask also drives you increasingly insane the longer you wear it so the user has to take it off eventually and it will come off on it's own if you fall asleep or unconscious, the Worm power based on it has a similar weakness in that the power doesn't work when you're unconscious.
>>
>>50252436
Couldn't you eventually do that? I thought the whole 'no match for doctor fate' bit referred to your starting ability, not after x amount of training/magic boosters.
>>
>>50252616
You stop that.
>>
>>50252596
So why doesn't everything just give you 3000 CP if none of it matters, anyway?

Better yet, please justify the existence of gauntlets, especially for a setting that is based on normal being becoming supernaturally empowered to meet their opponents in battle.
>>
>>50252584
NEVER.

>>50252601
>Gauntlets aren't popular. And there's really no reason for them.
And yet they still exist, and we had recent ones being made. So how's that majority working out for you?
>>
>>50252633
Can't be done
>>
>>50252551
I'm fine with being depowered, but It should be voluntary and provide points in the form of a drawback.
>>
>>50252633
That's too strong.
>>
>>50252538
>As I said it was nerfed underwhelmingly, as in I'm actually impressed by how much power is being let through when most of the DC stuff I've seen is street level, cept for the ring.
It's supposed to be on par with the original capstones that were stuff like make you a knockoff Merlin/Tim Hunter, make you an Avatar of the Green/Red/Blue, or give you Synchrocity Wave Travelling.

>Still how?
You won't be required to fight him directly. I'm not sure exactly what the scenario will be, but it'll be different.
>>
I guess we just don't get some IPs made as Jumps then, because some just don't have enough content for a full 1,000 CP Jump, yet would be perfect Gauntlet material.

Inb4 both sides call me a shitposter for saying we can't get a setting as a jump.
>>
>>50252645
Still 600:17, in my favor.
Ball's in your court, anon. You're getting dunked on pretty hard right now, you need to bring your A game.

COME ON AND SLAM
>>
File: Scatavore Warning.png (210KB, 650x1658px) Image search: [Google]
Scatavore Warning.png
210KB, 650x1658px
Right, right I'm on it.
>>
>>50252669
Please don't associate me with shitposters.
>>
File: 1469317901613.png (158KB, 379x425px) Image search: [Google]
1469317901613.png
158KB, 379x425px
This conversation is silly.

I guess if we're on the topic of stories...Jumpers! Ever have an enemy you respected or even got along with? Anyone who put up a surprisingly good fight despite an overwhelming power gap? Ever impress someone without using outside context powers?
>>
>>50252691
Dude, did you not see what I just said?
>>
>>50252683
Something something "everything deserves a jump" something something "m-muh power" something something "gauntlets are satan's work and only nerfers like red would want them reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
>>
>>50252700
>we're on the topic of stories

We aren't, because nobody here is a writer worth reading.
>>
>>50252683
Don't get me wrong, I'm very anti-Gauntlet, as I don't see a need for them if there's enough content to make a full fledged jump.
But for something like SOMA or RUA, it does make a bit of sense, I suppose.

In particular, anyone who's read Uber knows there's enough of a setting there for a full fledged Jump.
There's no need for a Gauntlet.
>>
>>50252627
I'll look into it.

>>50252632
Eh. The item alone won't give you the power to do so. It would probably give you the knowledge of /how/ to do the high-end stuff if you can supply the power.
>>
>>50252713
Yeah, right here: >>50252633
>>
>>50252683
Know how I know you're a shitposter? You're bitching about it instead of making the jump or gauntlet you want to make. Just make it if it's so important to you.

But you won't. You never do.
>>
>>50252726
>>
>It's another "/jc/ is split in two on a stupid fucking argument" episode
>>
File: This Fucking Thing.gif (274KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
This Fucking Thing.gif
274KB, 500x283px
>>50252700
>Ever have an enemy you respected or even got along with?
The Deer Lord is pretty respectable. If only because it'll headbutt me hard enough to vaporise my torso if I don't respect it.
>>
>>50252644
There's no reason for any jump not to be a gauntlet. If you want to preserve the tone of the setting, you make it a gauntlet. Simple as that.
>>
File: f446229058155799e2c01eb7e05e81ca.jpg (210KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f446229058155799e2c01eb7e05e81ca.jpg
210KB, 800x1200px
>>50252726
Ouch. Fuck you Anon. I try damn it.
>>
Please refer to >>50252689 for our Anti-Shitposter Policy.

>>50252681
That's all cool man. It's just after Young Justice anything Dr. Fate related I thought you'd nerf harder.
>You won't be required to fight him directly. I'm not sure exactly what the scenario will be, but it'll be different.
Okay I guess but as you are a dude with more know-how on the DC could you tell me how we /would/ fight him directly, if we so wished.
>>
see >>50252761
Rule one.
>>
>>50252789
>youjustplayedyourself.meme
>>
>>50252780
It's more like: "If you're a complete fucking hack who can't preserve the tone of the setting despite being given vast amounts of material to work with, then make it a gauntlet."

Or alternatively: "There's not enough content for a full-fledged jump, so let's make a gauntlet."
>>
>>50252773
It's a bunch of cunts samefagging at each other. Calm your fucking tits, Mooblord.

>>50252771
Fucking show me one "writer" that doesn't consistently get shat on or ignored by a good 90% of thread.
>>
File: 1407364212798.gif (997KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1407364212798.gif
997KB, 500x700px
>>50252773
It'll pass.
>>
>>50252847
ASA.
>>
>>50252834
Okay. So, that doesn't justify the existence of non-gauntlet jumps, anon.

I, for one, think the Dark Knight trilogy would make a perfect gauntlet, as it's a major point that the Bat's mortal frailties weaken him. Or Lovecraft, which is entirely about the futility of your existence.
>>
Ignore the shitposter, everyone.
He couldn't change people's minds on Gauntlets, so now he's attacking writefags.
>>
>>50252883
Good luck convincing the harpies of that. Anything that isn't just them yawning with ten or so years of extra power is a sin punishable by death.
>>
>>50252883
So take a drawback that locks your powers away. Don't force your predilections on the rest of us.
>>
>>50252736
Not the guy you're talking to might I make a suggestion? Dr. Fate's power seems to be based on his host, jumper probably won't be an ideal one without considerable power of their own.

If you feel the need to nerf an item based on him I would suggest having jumper's "compatibility" with it be based on said jumper's own magical abilities and then soft capped at whatever level feels appropriate.
>>
>>50252883
Do what >>50252914 said or, make a gauntlet of the settings yourself.
>>

So where do I got to find the list of claims? Do we have an Eragon series yet?
>>
>>50252940
Justiceanon made an Eragon jump, but he's said time and again that he's disappointed with every jump he's made and if someone wanted to remake them, he'd be cool with it.
>>
>>50252940
We do.
>>
>>50252940
Inheritance Trilogy is already made, Justiceanon HAS gone on record however to say he doesn't mind someone replacing it as he just wanted to make the damn world available.
>>
>>50252700
Tabris/Kaworu and I got along pretty well, despite him being an Angel. We discussed a lot of things, like what it means to be human, how amazing music was, and why giant robots were awesome. I even managed to help Shinji convince him to join our side, but for real this time (Shinji can accomplish this in the same game we get most of the lore from, so it should be possible). I did not feel the same way about Gendo and SEELE. I pitied the former a little bit, but the latter was purged with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>50252967
>>50252972
>inb4 someone makes a "know the true name of Magic" perk for 200cp, discounted to elves naturally
>>
Please refer to >>50252689 (You) for our Anti-Shitposter Policy.

>>50252967
>>50252971
>>50252972
Huh didn't know that. I'll have to look at it and make a build.
>>
>>50252940
Yeah, someone claimed it. IIRC, the same guy who made Last Exile.
>>
>>50252989
The fact that it was banned to begin with is completely horseshit.
>>
Okay, so I'm looking for property, or more accurately, sources of political/social power that follow me.

If anyone would care to suggest something, that'd be fantastic.

Nice and quaint stuff like Mad Men's Department Store or Breaking Bad's Los Pollos Hermanos are pretty good too since it's a nice thing to manage when I don't feel like dealing with being a walking world power, but I'm talking the BIG stuff in particular. Like Sherlock Holmes' An Empire in the Shadows, Europa Universalis' East Jumper Company and Duchy, Hearts of Iron's purchasable fleet, and East vs West's Nimitz-class carrier and Strategic Defense Initiative.

Noble titles technically count but that's a dime a dozen.
>>
>>50252989
That wouldn't make any sense. Since no one knew the True Name until Galbatorix figured it out in the final book.
It had been lost for ages.

Not like it matters, relying on words and gestures to do magic is for pussies!
You should totally just try to will stuff into existence, no way it can go wrong.
>>
>>50253027
Look at Spice and Wolf, is has both property and titles available that follow you around post jump.

Also? It's a pretty great jump of a sweet property.
>>
>>50252927
I don'the know about the soft cap, especially if the item is really expensive and based on magnifying what you already have.
>>
>>50253008
Yep. AND they actually want a final criticism of it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xx_58QTW0GbHHB9dDh_TFkQYmye7bJlTu_b_-IfUJVw/edit

They can't link it directly themselves as they keep getting a Connection Error trying to post on 4chins.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xx_58QTW0GbHHB9dDh_TFkQYmye7bJlTu_b_-IfUJVw/edit?usp=sharing

Eragon is currently in progress by a friend. Have a look.
>>
>>50253044
>Eragon is currently in progress by a friend. Have a look.
Did he check with Justice first? If not, he's an asshole.
>>
>>50253035
Doesn't matter, you've got people like >>50253022 who want to instantly know it, thereby granting Capital-O Omnipotence according to the Eragon rules of magic. We're going to see it happen, because who the fuck cares if it took that long to figure out? Jumpers always trump settings.
>>
>>50252989
People need to stop wanking the the "true name of magic".

The "true name of magic" is just the name of the magic language, allows you to cast any spell that could be cast with the language with that one word and manipulate the ancient language itself through magic.

The first part just saves time and the latter is only useful in a setting where 99.9% of magic is done through he language.
>>
>>50253027
Dragon Age: Inquisition has two perks you might be interested in. One makes you a judge and the other makes it so that every place you jump into you get a loyal super competent war council.
>>
>>50253069
Justice Anon has gone on record saying his jump can be replaced, asshole.
>>
>>50253069
Yes, he did.
>>
>>50252801
>That's all cool man. It's just after Young Justice anything Dr. Fate related I thought you'd nerf harder.
Not sure what you mean.

>Okay I guess but as you are a dude with more know-how on the DC could you tell me how we /would/ fight him directly, if we so wished.
Spectre with a compatible host and the full backing of the Presence? You wouldn't.

Spectre as we has in Day of Vengeance, lacking a host, corrupted by Eclipse, and drawing on just enoupower to not throw it in God's face? Well, you're still fighting a fairly powerful reality warper who is almost entirely immortal and can drain the magic from others to use against them, but he's not a fully-fledged cosmic entity. At one point, he's beaten back by a bunch of people channeling their magic into Captain Marvel, who gets amped and beats the hell out of him.

But ultimately, if you wanted to actually harm/capture him, you'd probably want something that isn't primarily magical in nature and can itself no-sell magic, since his powers are all ultimately magical.

You could also theoretically bind him to another human host, who act as arbiters of his judgement and can limit how much power he can access.

>>50252927
That's kind of what I had intended already, but making it clearer and maybe reducing how much the item grants on its own would probably be a good idea. Not sure about a soft cap though, since it's primarily acting as focus for your own power.

But it's going to be expensive and balances aeound the other options. I'll definitely do some more balancing on most of the stuff as I update the jump and get more feedback, though
>>
>>50253092
>allows you to cast any spell that could be cast with the language with that one word and manipulate the ancient language itself through magic
And we haven't seen any limits on that so far. Hence, omnipotence.
>>
>>50253109
He's confusing you for YJ_Anon, who said that you'd literally never be able to get to Zatara!Fate's level with Order Magic even if you spent millennia on magical enlightenment and training. You apparently would need a vast majority of the magic-boosters in the chain.
>>
>>50253109
>>50253160
I did indeed sorry.
>>
>>50253160
Well Mystic can correct that fuckup of a decision. We deserve better.
>>
>>50253160
...isn't Zartara!Fate one of the weakest versions though?
>>
>>50253123
Cannot raise the dead, cannot create from nothing, consumes brutal amounts of energy for crude effects.
>>
>>50253190
Except you said:
>The first part just saves time and the latter is only useful in a setting where 99.9% of magic is done through the language.
And there's plenty of magic systems that can do exactly what you claim it can't do. So I'll be taking the godhood this chain keeps trying to nerf, please.
>>
>>50253039
Oh man, that's some good shit.

And looks like a nice watch, too.

Thanks anon.

>>50253093
...Well, that Judge perk's gonna be one way to get mundane governments to think better of me.

Thank you.
>>
File: 5110914-batmanspectre1.jpg (967KB, 1271x2003px) Image search: [Google]
5110914-batmanspectre1.jpg
967KB, 1271x2003px
>>50253109
You could also probably just overpower the weakened Spectre if you're a late-game jumper. He's kind of a jobber, really.

>>50253160
I was under the impression you could reach YJ Fate's level, just not Klarion's.
>>
>>50253027
The scenario reward for Warriors Orochi is an entire port city that follows you around. That's pretty good political/economic power.
>>
>>50253188
>>50253231
No, Zatanna's father, Zatara. You cannot reach his level just through training. Here's a quote, but keep in mind that the shitposter soon joins the conversation.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48882914/#48889052

You need outside perks, but presumably you'd need a ludicrous shit-ton of them because it can't be improved at all through just study or training. Probably most of the magic-boosters.
>>
>>50253231
Someone mentioned Dr. Fate's ability to redirect a planet ending blast with his magic. A feat that says more about the nature of his magic than its power but it was reason enough for YJ to make a ruling to limit your power with it further.
>>
>>50253231
Poor Spectre he's always jobbing.
>>
>>50253177
S'Alright. Funnily enough, this is like the third time I've seen someone mix YJ Anon and I up.
>>
>>50253231
>You could also probably just overpower the weakened Spectre if you're a late-game jumper. He's kind of a jobber, really.
Er, I thought that the Specter we're fighting is basically the one from Day of Vengence. He doesn't job at all during that, to my memory anyway.
>>
>>50253070
Nice strawman.
Anon was complaining about it being banned, he didn't say anything about wanting it instantly.
Just that he'd like arbitrary limitations repealed.

And you obviously haven't read the books, so I'll break it down for you:
It doesn't make you omnipotent. It makes it so that any magic you cast using the Ancient Language trumps any other magic using the Ancient Language.
People can still use magic without AL, it's just more dangerous. That's how the final battle was won, as a matter of fact.

There's still the energy issues, anyway. Any serious magic requires bullshit levels of energy, because you have to pay what it would actually cost to do things the hard way.
>>
>>50253346
Any jumper worth their salt never has energy issues anymore. Get fucked.
>>
>>50253271
>>50253266
Oh. Good to know.

>>50253274
It's not his fault. He's a powerful comic book character. Most comic writers don't know how to deal with powerful characters beyond having them job all the time.

>>50253307
Nah, he doesn't. Because for one thing, he was significantly weaker there and for another, he was the villain.

That was mostly a joke, but he WAS weaker during Day of Vengeance, to the point where he could potentially be overpowered if you're strong enough.
>>
So, and I hope this doesn't kick off the argument about gauntlets again, but what works of fiction do you really like and would want to visit but can't see any way to make a jump of? I've been thinking of that lately, since I've been rereading The Stress Of Her Regard and realizing that "yandere quantum-mechanical vampire snake" is exactly the sort of thing that jumpers deal with on an every day basis. But the story is really meant more as a personal horror for Crawford, Byron and Shelley (as in Lord Byron and Percy Shelley, it's about poets being haunted by the aforementioned yandere quantum-mechanical vampire snakes. Crawford is OC for the story) even though they do eventually wind up having to save the world, so I can't see a good way to get a jumper involved in it without railroading.
>>
File: tumblr_nm6tqiuL0h1qkxrq4o1_1280.jpg (176KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm6tqiuL0h1qkxrq4o1_1280.jpg
176KB, 773x1000px
What are some jumps in which you can waifu yourself?
>>
>>50253378
I didn't know I wanted this until now. What have you done, anon?
>>
>>50253369
Death Gate Cycle. I think it'd make a superb Jump if there was some way to make anything but Sartan and Patryn viable backgrounds.
>>
>>50253378
Problem Sleuth has the Distaff Counterpart companion, they're a gender-swapped version of you.
>>
>>50253361
That's an argument relying on interjump balance. Get fucked.
>>
>>50253386
>Death Gate Cycle. I think it'd make a superb Jump if there was some way to make anything but Sartan and Patryn viable backgrounds.
Oh fuck yes.

You're right, though. Everyone would want rune magic and there's no way to balance that.
>>
>>50253092
>>50253123
>>50253190
>>50253215
If you wank that all magic systems are 100% compatible, then yes, The True Name is super-OP.

But who does that? Who here assumes that Inheritance magic and Fate/ magic would ever get along? What about HP and Dresden?

Doesn't make sense, you guys.
>>
>>50253361
>>50253396
You're both rude assholes. Get fucked.
>>
>>50253378
Grrl Power if someone ever resurrects Somefaggit.
>>
>>50253251
...Who the hell's Kasumi?

Also, thanks.
>>
>>50253369
Qualia the Purple, because most of the story is told from the perspective of a girl who keeps going to alternate timelines, and the time frame of the story is ridiculous.

It's still a fun read though and I totally recommend it.

Numerous settings that are mundane apart from one character that has special powers.

A Pokemon Go jump, I don't think the novelty isn't enough to base an entire jump around, but I think it's a cute idea.

Also on the list of "can't make a jump of it" is some stuff that's just a touch too magical-realmy for jumpchain.
>>
>>50253470
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIvmRKid5g
>>
>>50253367
>Nah, he doesn't.
Okay.

>That was mostly a joke, but he WAS weaker during Day of Vengeance, to the point where he could potentially be overpowered if you're strong enough.
Would Out of Context as fuck Naruto sealing, like shiki funin level, work on him? Turn his ass into a battery, if so.
>>
>>50253470
A character from Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden. She's in Warriors Orochi, too. The framing device for Warriors Orochi is that Orochi grabbed a bunch of people from various timelines and universes, so that's how they justified having her, her sister Ayane, and Ryu Hayabusa in the game.
>>
In Teen Titans, if I pick up my own version of the Red X suit, can I tie other Perk and Gear purchases into it, as long as I can tie them into its gimmick (whatever I choose)?
>>
>>50253378
what if you took awakening and you romanced your evil possessed future self?
>>
>>50253428
>not taking Conjoined Conjures
>not making them compatible

Plebeian.
>>
>>50253369
Protectors of the Plot Continuum. Imagine trying to make THAT work.
>>
>>50253513
>>50253521
Huh.

Well that's a thing.
>>
>>50253428
Everyone here does.

>>50253396
Sorry sweetie, them's the ropes. Any jumper learns how to get infinite magical energy, it's nothing special. So scurry along and let's get a jump without that nerf anymore, mm?
>>
>>50253536
Oh, and Momiji and Rachel, too. I forgot about them. And Sterk from Atelier Rorona, of all people, also winds up in there. Warriors Orochi 3 is a weird game.
>>
>>50253502
>Numerous settings that are mundane apart from one character that has special powers.
Any other characters? We've had Jumps based on video games with one playable character, it can't be that different.

>A Pokemon Go jump, I don't think the novelty isn't enough to base an entire jump around, but I think it's a cute idea.
I could see that being a toggle drawback if someone ever does that second Pokemon Jump people have thrown around a couple times.
>>
>>50253553
>Any jumper learns how to get infinite magical energy, it's nothing special.
I haven't. Large amounts, but not infinite. Could you share your method? I don't want to miss out on some essential part of the Jumpchain experience.
>>
>>50253570
Orgel of Origins, Universal Adapter. Boom. Infinite energy of whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>50253369
Reposting for those who live in less-fortunate timezones:

I'd like to propose a preemptive ban-list for settings that offer too much power to make into jumps:

>God of Highschool
>SMT Post-SMT II
>Dies Irae
>Date A Live
>Sengoku Basara
>Bastard!!!
>Diebuster
>Nobilis
>Scion
>Aberrant
>Psyren
>Malazan: Book of the Fallen
>Second Apocalypse
>Dark Tower
>Preacher
>Spawn
>Saint Seiya
>The rest of Exalted, but especially Solars
>The Culture
>Vampire Hunter D

Basically, we just people of /jc/ need to take a stand against the power-wankers. Not even a single thought of making one of these settings a jump is to be tolerated. If, despite all odds, jumpers for these settings are claimed, we must not allow them into the drive.
>>
What jump has the best technopathy? I'm not looking for anything to let me control machines, just to replace keyboards
>>
>>50253587
Dude, you can't just try to copy shitposter kun. If you want to troll you need to come up with your own ideas.
>>
>>50253369
I think I've said this before, but Fairly Odd Parents. The argument against it relies on interjump balance, but fairy magic is ridiculously broken in the hands of anyone who's not an absolutely idiotic dumbass, even with Da Rulez.

Also, a theoretical The Destroyer jump would have to deal with the fact that, in universe, Sinanju is so much better than anything else that it's the only thing anyone would take. At the same time, it's so central to the series that you can't not offer it. At least in the Wuxia jump it has to compete with the other mystical martial arts, in the source material it's ludicrously OP.
>>

>>50253596
Web Mage has some but I'm unsure.
>>
>>50253641
Dude I've fucking reported a healthy 1/3 of the thread at this point.
>>
>>50253586
That's not infinite energy, though. Orgels of Origin produce a lot of energy, but not infinite amounts. Well, I guess the ex nihilo nature of the Orgel means that over an infinite time frame it will produce infinite energy, unlike other generation methods which will eventually run down. But that hardly helps me when I'm working on a finite time frame. Come on, tell me the real way that you're generating infinite magical energy. You don't need to hide and deflect with false answers, we're all friends here. I'm not going to demand something be nerfed just because it's powerful.
>>
File: did you just nani my sore.jpg (7KB, 146x140px) Image search: [Google]
did you just nani my sore.jpg
7KB, 146x140px
>>50253587
Come on, anon. You're not even trying.
>>
>>50253617
I'm not familiar with The Destroyer, but could you break Sinanju down into a whole bunch of separate techniques up for purchase at disparate prices?
>>
>>50253369
>We'll never have a jump based on the world's shortest horror story

The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door.

>Drawback
The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a lock on the door.
>>
>>50253428
Here's where I get confused about this: Suppose the magic systems were compatible. Wouldn't combining them all together change the fundamental name of magic, and therefore make the True Name no longer true? You'd need to alter the True Name for every new magic system you added to the mix. Which, hey, maybe you can. I don't know what any given jumper's abilities are, I'm sure there's at least someone here with awesome computational linguistics skills. I just don't think it would be automatic.
>>
>>50253710
Excuse me, typo. I meant "change the fundamental nature of magic", not "fundamental name of magic". Though I guess it's kind of the same thing, here.
>>
>>50253714
I don't. I'd rather conversations about Worm or Nasuverse.
>>
>>50253587
>Post-SMT II
>Sengoku Basara
We already have those.

Checkmate.
>>
>>50253710
>I just don't think it would be automatic.
Jumpers trump that.

>>50253660
It's a white hole that pretty much gives infinite energy, and you can make more. You literally need nothing else.
>>
>>50253531
>Inter-jump balance

Shitposter.
>>
>>50253609
>>50253664
And yet, I've yet to see a convincing argument for any of those settings.

>>50253722
Anon, c'mon. Worm/Naruto/Exalted/Fate-posting are only varieties of shitposting.
>>
File: 1455319492495.png (88KB, 476x624px) Image search: [Google]
1455319492495.png
88KB, 476x624px
>No Sausage Party jump
>No 0 CP drawback for a crossover with Food Fight
>>
>>50253692
Meh. I mean, that could be a horror story, but with the lack of context it could just as easily be a fun transhumanist adventure. We don't know what the next sentence is going to be.

The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock upon the door. It was his friend Phil, who had recently uploaded into a machine body, here to take him to the upload center so he could get his operation done. Afterwards, they would travel to Jupiter.
>>
>>50253660
Well, it would certainly help if you managed to plug the output of an Orgel into a machine that create new Orgels, then plug the new Orgels into the same powergrid as the first, then rinse and repeat for exponentially growing energy production.

It might not be truly infinite, but IMO it's kinda like the visible universe: not infinite but for most purposes it might as well be.
>>
>>50253722
Anon, be the change you want to see.
>>
>>50253729
>It's a white hole that pretty much gives infinite energy, and you can make more. You literally need nothing else.
But that's not infinite. Under any finite time span that's just extremely large. I thought you said you had a scheme for infinite energy, anon. I got all excited, and you failed to deliver.
>>
File: not amused snake.jpg (35KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
not amused snake.jpg
35KB, 355x355px
>>50253714
>What kind of shitposting do you want to see in the future?
How about none?

>>50253751
>And yet, I've yet to see a convincing argument for any of those settings.
I've yet to see a convincing argument against any of those settings.
>>
>>50253722
Fine, anon.

Will there ever be a Worm update?

Is there any reason to remove the Manton Limit post-jump? Wouldn't it be better if he reinstituted it?
>>
>>50253751
>>50253787

I've yet to see a coherent argument against you two just getting a fucking room already.

>>50253769

Change that isn't wanted gets ostracized.
>>
>>50253587
We could have avoided all this if we'd had just embraced the Fallout Nerf.
>>
>>50253766
Isn't there something that in Supreme Commander that produces as much energy as needed... forever?
>>
>>50253729
>Jumpers trump that.
Sure, they easily could, if they're willing to put in the effort. But I can't think of any perks that would make it automatic without their involvement. Though I could be wrong, if you know of any I'd love to hear it. That sounds useful.
>>
>>50253757
The best version of the story I ever read was one that set it up so that the one knocking was the last WOMAN on Earth.
>>
File: SamusColor.jpg (44KB, 739x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SamusColor.jpg
44KB, 739x1000px
Drakensis, if you're around somewhere, I've got a question about Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon.

If you go the God route, then pick up Increased Monster Presence and Monster Bait, do you essentially gain free points? Gods can't actually enter the Dungeon, after all. I understand that if Monsters get loose in the city, they would tend to home in on me, but otherwise it seems like free points.

Was this intentional or were the Drawbacks supposed to pass down the line to the Familia?
>>
>>50253793
>Wouldn't it be better if he reinstituted it?
Yes, but only because some of the powers kill you just by having them without the Manton limit.
>>
>>50253806
Tireless from Overlord (The Anime), since it's stamina casting?
>>
>>50253714
>What kind of shitposting do you want to see in the future?
As a guilty pleasure, I like seeing new, good jumps of banned settings. I like reading through them, even if the thread hates them, and the time investment required limits how much people can shitpost.
>>
>>50253751
Scion's fluff is fantastic, even if its crunch is a bed of broken biohazard-laced glass.
>>
>>50253802
Not quite. The Paragon has a cap, it's just extremely high. It's another one of those "given infinite time it's infinite output since it never runs out, but for the short term it's merely enormous output" things.
>>
>>50253787
>I've yet to see a convincing argument against any of those settings.
...Not that anon, but you're kidding, right? You think it's okay to make a jump of Nobilis? The setting that makes Exalted look tame in comparison?
>>
>>50253817
Huh? What does that have to do with automatically engineering new True Names?
>>
>>50253814
I'm not sure if you're aware, but drake is an SBer. He's almost never around here.
>>
>>50253848
True, but he's almost never on SB, either. Though I suppose pinging him there would be your best bet.
>>
How much fucking samefagging is going on right now.
>>
>>50253848
I was not, but I remember seeing them in the IRC before, so I wasn't sure if they lurked in the thread at all.
>>
>>50253816
Daily reminder that the term Manton Limit is bullshit and it means whatever Wildbow needs it to mean at the moment.

Also, I think there's been WoG since the jump was made that tries to answer the "why don't they reverse engineer Tinker stuff?" question by saying that Tinker's don't understand what they're making, you start getting a lot of "I don't knows" if you keep asking questions, and implications of some Tinkertech being flat-out dependent on shard bullshit to function at all.
>>
>>50253692
The last woman on Earth was behind the door.
They repopulated earth with a lot of incest.
>>
>>50253865
Less than you'd think.
>>
>>50253043
>>50253044
You guys know what I just found? Here you go in the new Eragon Jump.

>True names are tied to the nature of the world, and the fate therein. As an outsider to such things, even if you learn the true name of another you cannot use it to bind them with this world's magics. You can only use True Names of other people if you choose to stay behind. You can NEVER know the True Name of Magic.
>>
>>50253802
Yep, the Aeon Paragon. Tough it did actually have a limit in-game and the jump mentions 'capable of producing near-infinite resources' and 'scale with your resource output' so I'd take it as not really infinite energy unless you actually have something that uses infinite energy.
>>
>>50253865
Almost none, surprisingly. I usually have to do a good deal of same-fagging for at least the initial posts on a topic, and from there the thread will usually carry it out further.
>>
File: 1466193963678.png (30KB, 353x384px) Image search: [Google]
1466193963678.png
30KB, 353x384px
>>50253865
Literally every post in this thread, that's not you, is me.
>>
>>50253878
Man, everything about Worm is bullshit and only means what Wildbow wants it to mean. The fact that Wormanon made something coherent out of that garbage is one of our greatest triumphs.
>>
>>50253846
We deserve nothing less.
>>
>>50253907
And here we are making it harder to justify a Worm update by shitposting and shitstorming.
>>
>>50253879
Just like god intended. This would be the third time, after all.
>>
File: there is nani to be sore.gif (2MB, 461x288px) Image search: [Google]
there is nani to be sore.gif
2MB, 461x288px
>>50253846
>...Not that anon, but you're kidding, right? You think it's okay to make a jump of Nobilis? The setting that makes Exalted look tame in comparison?
The only real argument against any of those jumps is that, if made, such a jump would be 'unbalanced' and 'broken.' This in itself isn't a reason to not have a jump of those settings, just a reason to make sure such a jump is done well.

However, whether or not a jump for them is done well, being balanced between power appropriate for the setting and not game-breaking, is another matter altogether, and one that would cause no end of shitstorms.

tl;dr - just because it'd be hard to do a jump for them right isn't a reason to not make a jump for them at all.
>>
>>50253924
Humans are one of the most inbred species on the planet, true. What's one more genetic bottleneck?
>>
>>50253879
Literally Thursday night for a jumper.
>>
>>50253930
Nobilis is kind of a shitshow even when you ignore power level. There's only so many kinds of adventures you can go on when you're the absolute embodiment of a concept. I looked into running a game of it, got a headache, and decided to do something else.
>>
>>50253943
Who was the anon that was running around talking about being Half-Cambian and doing it with Raven from teen titans? Cause yeah from what they said just about.
>>
>>50253930
>one that would cause no end of shitstorms.

So, an average day for /jc/ then.

Wonderful. When do we start?
>>
File: 1474172251298.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1474172251298.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>50253587
>>Sengoku Basara
>Not wanting "Japanese History as Presented by the Devil May Cry 4 Dev Team"
>>
>>50253982
Honda Tadakatsu is a giant robot. How anyone can not want that, I do not understand.
>>
File: d visits h.jpg (39KB, 352x330px) Image search: [Google]
d visits h.jpg
39KB, 352x330px
What is the cut-off point for a setting being too lewd and/or fetishy?
>>
>>50253846
So you don't actually have any argument against it? Just this spluttering 'b-b-but muh inter-jump balance'?

Some settings have higher average power levels than others. If you can't accept that, Jumpchain might not be for you.

>inb4 'It was for me until all these [expletive] ruined it.'
>>
>>50253369
I kinda want to make a Black Mirror jump, but I don't know how I'd do the narrative and location rolls, mostly because each episode is basically a self contained story that could basically take place in it's own universe, there are some easter eggs in some episodes that connect them to other episodes, but that's about it. Also I wouldn't really know what perks to put in.
>>
>>50254005
Wait, shit I changed my mind I want to use this image instead.
>>
>>50253369
I have no clue how to make a Twilight Zone jump when each episode is basically self-contained.

I think the world even gets destroyed in a couple of them.
>>
>>50254005
Is there still a setting if you cut out the lewd?
if yes, then it's probably okay.
What setting?

>>50254021
>People who don't agree with me are all the same person.
I don't even have an SB account anon.
Been here since thread 500.
>>
>>
>>50254005
No such thing. We have ASoIaF and Nasu. The important part is that lewd is not the focus of the setting or that there's a substantial amount of non-lewd material even if it is.
>>
>>50253982
>>50254001

>tfw another Wakfu jump that won't be updated
>>
>>50254005
If you can ignore the lewdness entirely and still have an interesting story, then it's usually okay. But if the lewdness is so intrinsic to the world that it's inescapable, then it's too lewd. Like, Highschool DxD is fine because the perversion is on the part of the characters. Get away from the protagonist (or educate him in how to channel his impulses in less offensive ways, as I and several other jumpers I know of did) and it's a perfectly fine modern day supernatural action series. But, say, Seikon No Qwasar wouldn't be, because it's an intrinsic part of the setting that the Qwasars fuel their powers by directly nursing human breast milk. You can't get away from that without ignoring the plot-relevant stuff entirely.
>>
>>50253970
Also about half of Starfire's powers in that same setting are the results of experiments preformed on her and her siblings, so anyone who went with the Tamaranian option and decided to waifu Starfire likely has the same problem.
>>
>>50254072
That sure is a nice Sailor Moon update we got. Totally worth chasing him off and bitching him out over it.

Oh wait.
>>
>>50253520
Hmm... maybe on DoV Spectre. It'd have to be at least strong enough to seal the 10 Tails and you'd likely have to wear him down a little, first. And if you take him to another jump, he'd probably lose a lot of his power.
>>
File: 1479153078361.png (16KB, 84x128px) Image search: [Google]
1479153078361.png
16KB, 84x128px
What does your battle outfit look like?
>>
>>50253586
>Orgel of Origins
A key part of my balanced breakfast.
>>
About the whole Order/Chaos Magic thing, I guess Zatara/Dr. Fate level magic is fine, without any outside boosters. The reason I capped it at Zatanna's level is because it's a bit hard to determine how strong they are after only a few appearances, and I prefer erring on the side of caution when it comes to indefinite power levels like that.
>>
Don't bite the bait.
>>
>>50254132
Any chance of a Tower of Fate like property purchase?
>>
>>50254132
Okay so around Kaguya levels (DoV Specter Only) going to need to beat the shit out of him, via some kinda anti-magic bullshit. Wait here >>50253109 you mention "But ultimately, if you wanted to actually harm/capture him, you'd probably want something that isn't primarily magical in nature and can itself no-sell magic, since his powers are all ultimately magical." I thought he was just a flat out Reality Warper.
The main reason that Gaunlet, before mentioned here >>50252538 couldn't do it is because the Thread said he just couldn't. I don't remember the exact phrasing but it was basically 'not with a balefire and the giga slave' or something like that. But we have lots of stuff that shuts down magic on the Drive, though I'm not sure if Gauntlet was running them or not.
Sorry for all the questions Cracker-Jack but it really is interesting to me.
>>
>>50253502
I theorized about a go jump once, but decided that there wasn't enough content. Then I theorized about a go/tcg jump, but couldn't think of a third thing to combine it with(3+ drop in=4).
>>
File: Icthultu_comes.jpg (65KB, 960x545px) Image search: [Google]
Icthultu_comes.jpg
65KB, 960x545px
>>50254228
>Tower of Fate
DCAU jump when?
>>
Which version of Kryptonians is it with the DRM genetics?
>>
>>50254249
Maybe just the video game?
>>
>>50254275
You mean a jump based on the new sun/moon games?
>>
I'm really disappointed Reborn unerfed Consume from Prototype.
>>
>>50254273
Are the DRM genetics enough to stop my Omnitrix from copying one of them?
>>
What should one of my Fate/Tower of God wishes be to ensure I am able to send other people on jumpchains, and have it work for them the same way, as well as being able to make new jumps and have them work? Would "I wish to become a Jump Coordinator" cover all that?
>>
>>50254296
No, anon was thinking about making a jump that was Pokemon Go+The trading card game+a third thing.

I suggested just the video game as the third thing.
>>
>>50254323
I don't follow?
>>
>>50254228
Maybe.

JLD will have the House of Mystery, which is what amounts to a magical TARDIS filled with all sorts of magical things.

>>50254238
His powers are definitely magical in nature. A Gigantic Slave would probably, at the absolute least, hurt like an absolute motherfucker to even higher-powered incarnations.

That's assuming I'm understanding right and Giga Slave is a spell that essentially summons a Capital -O-Omnipotent being and shoots them at an enemy in beam form?

>>50254263
Isn't Spyro (?) working on one?
>>
>Research time-travel post spark
>Go back in time to ensure you complete the chain
Is there any way to beat this strategy?
>>
>>50254005
>>50254084
I think the most important distinction is cutting the lewd elements versus censoring the lewd elements. Qwaser could work if you replaced the breastfeeding with something else, just like MGQ can't work if you pretend the monsters are murderous rather than horny. But it's a totally different setting at that point, and hits our No OC rule. On the other hand, Highschool DxD's lewd elements could be cut out and you'd just have a shorter series, and Fate already cut its lewd elements with no real impact.

So I guess the question is, would you still be jumping the same setting? Or would it be the 4Kids version of the setting?
>>
>>50254273
Post-Crisis mainstream comics Kryptonians. DCAU, Young Justice, and other alternate continuities may not have it, though this is unconfirmed either way.

>>50254303
Technically you can copy Kryptonian DNA, it just always comes out flawed. So you might be able to get a Bizarro form from it. Then again, the Omnnitrix is some bullshit, given that it can copy the "DNA" of things that are entirely inorganic. So maybe it could decrypt the Eradicator's work. I don't know.
>>
>>50254333
>>50254238
And I don't mind. I've spent way too much time thinking about these types of things, anyway. So discussing them is fun.
>>
>>50254353
Yeah, your boss is a multiversal reality warper whose one rule is "don't die." She knows if you're being a bad boy.
>>
File: Kagetora Suited up.jpg (171KB, 540x789px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Suited up.jpg
171KB, 540x789px
>>50254158
Pic Related is when I activate my current Ultimate Spiderman Symbiote Alt-form.

>>50254238
>>50254333
I could look it up for you again. I was trying to see if a combo would work but I'm fuzzy on the details now.

Also I was just using Ragna Blade, much more controllable when calling the Lord of Nightmares.
>>
>>50254309
Wish for the ability to create individual Jump-Chan's for anyone you want, with those Jump-Chan's/the chains they send them on being personalized to the subjects own of what a coordinator/chain should be like.
>>
>>50254158
Freeballin' all day erryday
For the intimidation factor, you know?
>>
>>50254309
Well, you'll have the ability to send people to other universes just for being a planeswalker. I suggest wishing for the ability to integrate the people into the history of that universe, so not everyone you send winds up as a Drop-In automatically. That's the tricky part.
>>
>>50254333
>Isn't Spyro (?) working on one?
Yes, he is doing a JL/JLU jump but he has left the other parts of DCAU open for other people to make jumps on.
>>
If I used bullshit science to mass produce life fibers, does engineering a custom Kamui seem like a reasonable feat? Assuming I have the tailoring perk from that jump
>>
>>50254303
Probably not. I mean, besides the neon Magic Sues and literally-Cthulhu, the omnitrix can copy anything with DNA. Including nigh-omnipotent living universes.
>>
>>50254444
Seems reasonable enough to me.
>>
>>50254333
Giga*

Autocorrect. Not even once.

>>50254391
If you want to, I'd be interested to see what you cooked up.
>>
>>50254333
>Gigantic Slave
I want a gigantic slave girl.
>>
>>50254371
>Technically you can copy Kryptonian DNA, it just always comes out flawed.
>So maybe it could decrypt the Eradicator's work.

So, what, are NanomachinesSon fucking it up? How exactly does it come out flawed? Like, if I scanned it, would it turn out weird?

Is it just a one-off thing, or do we have canon examples of DNA-copying not working?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 13.jpg (30KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 13.jpg
30KB, 225x350px
>>50254470
Sure thing....
My Kill Anything Combo.
Talimancer (Overlord [LN/M/A]) stores spells in physical objects + The Abyss of Magic (Overlord [LN/M/A]) makes any spell able to grow beyond its limits via time & effort + Sting (Worm) bypasses the physical defenses, up to and including dimensional quackery + Balefire (Wheel of Time) to unmake the target's existence + Magic Must Defeat Magic (Jackie Chan) makes it bypass any non-magical powers these things are using + Warring Warlock cancels/erodes their magical defenses + Avada Kadavra (Harry Potter) has no known magical defense + If It Bleeds... (80's Movie) would create an attack that kills perma-dead + Conjoined Conjures (Cardcaptor Sakura) to make the magic play nice + Safety First (Cardcaptor Sakura) so that if it ever was used against me/Reflected/etc it wouldn't work full stop

Channeling all of that through the...

The Sufficiently Enchanted Lance of Longinus (Talisman of Triplicate Maximized Magic Ra Tilt (Basically Dragon Slave: Astral Variant), Ragna Blade, & Avada Kadavera which have all been pushed further by the Abyss of Magic)
>>
>>50254519
I really should note that The Sufficiently Enchanted Lance of Longinus started out as the Eva Lance of Longinus.
>>
>>50254296
Technically you could do a jump on Pokken, maybe Re-Burst, and likely the ORAS/SM universe as well when it comes out in full and people can confirm lore details for themselves.

The question is whether anybody will do it, and if people will shout them down for trying.
>>
>>50254519
Neat. That very possibly would work, if you can hit him before he hits you or escapes.

Isn't there a perk like If It Bleeds that doesn't require a dramatic showdown?
>>
>>50254584
>The question is whether anybody will do it, and if people will shout them down for trying.

No to the first half, yes to the second half.
>>
>>50254158
It's got two layers to it. The inner layer is my Goku Uniform. When I activate it, it turns into a one-piece swimsuit + Elbow-gloves + Knee-socks, which change colour because I imported them as Drive Clothes Defaults to a Dusty Grey. The second layer is the Dirndl Meguca Outfit generated by my Soul Gem, which was fused with my Amadam, which then served as my SU Gem. Skirt and Bodice are the green of Kuuga's Pegasus form, the Blouse is a milky white, and the Apron is a very bright red, almost pink. The outfit is completed by my Mask of the Stars. It wraps around like the canonical version, but instead of two bright red eyes, I see through a blue cross-shaped visor. La Mascara del Santo from Mucha Lucha has also incorporated its silvery visage into my Mask of the Stars.

If that design is not messy enough, I also have a very flashy transformation to go along with the outfit that involves fusing with Samehada + a whole bunch of other junk.
>>
>>50254491
It's kind of weird, there are multiple layers to it (including one that causes Kryptonians to spontaneously die if they leave the planet. That's why Superman was the only survivor, Jor-El used his son as a guinea pig for the treatment to remove that defect, and didn't have time to disseminate it). The main one is just that the coding system that Kryptonians use is ridiculously complex, so that it's basically the molecular equivalent of encrypted data. This isn't a one-off thing, it's been mentioned many times throughout the comics. It's why Bizarro am not flawed original of Superman, for example, he's basically full of birth defects. It's also why Superboy is half-human, Cadmus couldn't figure out the full Kryptonian gene sequence. It gets mentioned some other places, those are just the first two that come to mind.
>>
>>50254593
Closest thing I can think of is Hunter (Lovecraft) which is like If It Bleeds but I don't know it it'll work, I avoid Lovecraft since last time I Jumped it with my character he got mind fucked hard.

If it has a soul then the Lance will hit what I'm targeting.
>>
>>50254632
>one that causes Kryptonians to spontaneously die if they leave the planet.
Wat? That is really fucking stupid.
>>
>>50254646
They're a species that becomes the most powerful things in existence if they leave their native environment. The writers had to give some justification for why they hadn't conquered the universe.
>>
>>50254672
>>50254632
So... Did Kara's parents stumble across the same treatment?
>>
>>50254593
>>50254639
Blessing of Strahvs from Banner Saga.
>>
>>50254632
What about Zod's gang?
>>
>>50254584
There could also be an Adventures jump, considering the manga is radically different from the games/anime.
>>
>>50254158
a mashup of Big fau, the un-losing Ranger,a zurg version of the kamen rider OOO:Putotyra combo and kamen rider fourze as reimagined by the Orokin.
>>
>>50254687
Sort of. Kara is Clark's cousin, and their fathers were both scientists. Zor-El used his brother's genetic engineering research in creating a treatment for a disease that Kara had, so that had incidental effects that removed the defect from her. It's dumb, but it is what it is.

>>50254713
That, I don't know. I can't find any reference to how Zod and the Phantom Zone criminals dealt with it. That said, they did have "sunstone" technology that mimicked Krypton's native environment, so it's possible it fooled the genetic suicide switch. Or, it's possible that the writers just didn't want to deal with the Eradicator for any post-Crisis Zod stories, and intentionally forgot about it. I've seen some claims that the stories where Zod appears are actually in a continuity descending from Superman: Birthright instead of the other Superman stories with the Eradicator, which is...I guess possible? Superboy Prime was punching time and causing plot holes around that period, merging two timelines like that wouldn't be the weirdest thing he did.
>>
>>50253884
Keeping that was one of justiceanon's conditions for remaking the jump.
>>
Jumpable "complete" version courtesy of Nika! Coming to a drive near you.
>>
>>50254934
But Justice doesn't even know what the true name really is! There is no "true name of magic" Galby was basically wasting his time during the whole series because he never finished his magic training to know better.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
>>50254706
Thanks I'll update the Kill Anything Combo to reflect this new information:
Talimancer (Overlord [LN/M/A]) stores spells in physical objects + The Abyss of Magic (Overlord [LN/M/A]) makes any spell able to grow beyond its limits via time & effort + Sting (Worm) bypasses the physical defenses, up to and including dimensional quackery + Balefire (Wheel of Time) to unmake the target's existence + Magic Must Defeat Magic (Jackie Chan) makes it bypass any non-magical powers these things are using + Warring Warlock cancels/erodes their magical defenses + Blessing of Strahvs (Banner Saga) can kill immortals or if flat out impossible to kill put them into a half-sleep-death state that they can't rouse themselves from + If It Bleeds... (80's Movie) would create an attack that kills perma-dead + Conjoined Conjures (Cardcaptor Sakura) to make the magic play nice + Safety First (Cardcaptor Sakura) so that if it ever was used against me/Reflected/etc it wouldn't work full stop.

Channeling all of that through the...

The Sufficiently Enchanted Lance of Longinus (Talisman of Triplicate Maximized Magic Ra Tilt (Basically Dragon Slave: Astral Variant), Ragna Blade, & Avada Kadavera which have all been pushed further by the Abyss of Magic)

As to what the Lance itself is at the point where I'd dare to fight the Specter... I'll need another post for that alone.
>>
>>50254672
I like to think that Kryptonian culture naturally developed to being against exploration due to it being a death world and higher gravity meaning that developing space travel was much more difficult to the point that they only got it after being way more advanced than we are now.
>>
Celebratory music for the completion of the Genealogy Jump

https://youtu.be/9FHYFu0Kc0U
>>
Are there any good perks for customizing the visual effects of powers? Being a Swiss army knife of multiversal superpowers is cool and all but I'm trying to build a coherent aesthetic
>>
>>50254981
But there is? he uses the damned thing, MC does too. MC uses it to name a creature near the end.
>>
>>50254981
He also wanked the true name as making you some kind of planet scale reality warper when the most impressive thing anyone does in the series is claim to be able to shift a mountain. He might've just skimmed the wiki and gotten the wrong impression.
>>
Would it be possible to change the color of a Green Lantern Ring's constructs and energy but not its emotional energy?
>>
>>50255045
(Continued)]
My Main Weapon Project of many Jumps.

Chekhov's Gun
1. Base weapon Gravity Beam Emitter (Blame!)
2. Enchanted (King Arthur) to 'Absorb other items and gain their properties'
3. Absorbed Tracking Gun (Blame!) from >>48052946
4. Dragon-Forged Weapon (Merlin)
5. Import as Barrel Replica (KNK)
6. Import as Seventh Holy Scripture (KNK)
7. Absorbed my Caster (Outlaw Star)
8. Absorbed the Dark Matter Gun (FFXIV)
9. Import as a Golden Weapon (Magical Girl Noir)
10. Utilized Dreadnought Engineering to upscale it to short rifle status.
11. Sword Plant (King Arthur) short rifle.
12. Using Let's Make It Better (Unholy Heights) to improve the traits.
13. EX Rank Item Construction (Fate/Extra) to make an A-Rank Noble Phantasm. [Be sure to use Monster Hunter part, Orichalcum, Orihalcon, Obdurium, etc.]
14. Fill 'Blank Legend' with Colorful Backgrounds (Drakengard) just because.
15. Absorb A+-Rank Noble Phantasm
16. Import as Juju.
17. Import as Dual Weapon. [+Lance of Longinus (NGE) to the GBE]

So it's one hell of a weapon.
>>
>>50255104
When Oromis claimed to be able to shift a mountain wasn't that with a gem that had been storing as much life energy as he could channel into it over the last century and also having several other elves do the same?
>>
>>50253884
>>50254934
Well, since I'm not a huge crybaby like either of you, I reserve the right to ignore any arbitrary nerfs or limitations I don't agree with. Just because I don't constantly scream about it doesn't mean I like it.
I ignored it when Justice made the jump, I'll ignore it in this remake too.

>>50254981
The True Name is very real, and Galbatorix did in fact use it, as did Murtagh and Eragon.
Galby got his shit pushed in because the AL is not the end-all be-all of Inheritance magic. Wordless magic is actually way stronger, because it's not held back by the petty, arbitrary distinctions that exist in any given language.
The fact that it's essentially a MacGuffin dial on whole truckload of Applied Phlebotinum is irrelevant.
You're actually better off not using it, if you're not a wimp who can't focus for two seconds.

>>50255104
>claim to be able to shift a mountain
Exactly this >>50255165
You don't even need the True Name for that, just an appropriate amount of energy.
Oromis didn't know the True Name when he made that claim, and he was even a cripple who couldn't use magic properly any more.

With sufficient energy, Inheritance magic is capable of any technically mundane action you'd care to mention. You could vaporize mountains, transmute sand into water, split a planet in two, reach inside someone's brain with tk and pinch a nerve to instakill them. You just need the power.
>>
>>50255110
Yep. In the comics they are able to change the colour, they just don't bother with it because it's extra effort for no benefit.
>>
Why do so many people care about not getting the Name of Magic if it doesn't really amount to much. You can do shit with Eragon magic without bringing up the name at all.
>>
>>50255204
Because it's keeping something out of Jumper hands, and by god if that isn't the highest crime imaginable in the Jump Society.
>>
>>50255178
You've also got to keep in mind that if you try to do something that you don't have the power for it'd kill you. So basically when using the magic make sure to word it or focus in such a manner that you avoid a situation where you have no way to cancel the magic.
>>
>>50255086
What I mean is that the "true name of magic" isn't the true name of magic, it is the name of the ancient language. The name allows the user to do a few things.

First it allows the user to preform any spell that could be cast in the language with just that one word, because that word is the language itself. This is only powerful because of the number of words a mage knows is the main limiting factor on their abilities unless they are an elf, in which case it is the length of the spell which the name also solves.

Second it allows the user to alter the language to suit their needs, such as adding a new word (Eragon with that creature) or keeping other people from using magic with it (what Galby wanted to do).

Both of these are a mute point however and Galby's desire to obtain it was due to the fact he lacked an important piece of information. The language was in no way required to use magic, any mage could do the first one if they accept the risks of using unstructured magic provided they knew about that possibility. The second isn't very useful unless everyone else is using magic structured through this specific language.
>>
>>50255178
>The True Name is very real
Yes but the "true name of magic" isn't, it is the true name of the ancient language not of magic.
>>
>>50255204
Because its limitation is completely unwarranted, and only even present because the jumpmaker didn't understand it?
>>
>>50255195
>Justiceanon (a.k.a. the shitposter)
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Burden+of+Proof

Every day until you like it.

>>50255204
I'm surprised more people aren't getting worked up about the True Names of people.
If you have a person's TN, you hold total control over them.
You can make them do anything.

>>50255229
I think it's more that it doesn't make sense for the restriction to exist, beyond inter-jump balance, which is ridiculous.

>>50255243
That's a fair point, but it's really the only advantage AL has over wordless magic. Keep your thoughts in order, and be careful, and you don't need AL at all.
>>
>>50255275
I thought they were one in the same?
Admittedly it's been a while since I read the series, but I don't remember them making that distinction.
>>
>>50255204
I personally don't care because I'd just use perks to remove the risks of completely wordless magic, but I don't know about everyone else but I'm just Reee-ing about the fact that the jumpmaker made such a ruling on something in a setting I like when he doesn't understand what he's ruling on.
>>
>>50255178
You're salty as hell. I wasn't complaining, I was explaining why the nerf was present.
>>
>>50255261
So you're saying you can do literally anything you feel like with it so long as you have the energy (or cast a spell to drain the energy from something else)? Since as you outlined the only limit on what it can do is stuff that can be described with the Ancient Language, and that includes adding or changing words in the Ancient Language.
>>
File: koma.jpg (61KB, 350x602px) Image search: [Google]
koma.jpg
61KB, 350x602px
Anyone got any comments on yonder perk? If it's good than I've finished the Perks part of Endless Frontier and will now move onto items

Nothing Personal, Pal(600, discount Intrepid Merchant): It’s only business...and you’re the best at it. People tend to believe both pretty easily when you’re involved, and as long as you’re fair about the pricing and availability of arms to both parties...you could unashamedly and blatantly sell weapons to two viciously opposed sides of a conflict and walk out of that war smelling like roses. As long as you don’t show favoritism, you can sell to whoever and whenever and not be punished for it. After all, it’s business, nothing personal! You’re also able to have people buy from you even after a betrayal without expecting any backlash...as long as what you’re selling is worth more to them(even in the moment) than settling a score, of course. You’d be a lame merchant if you couldn’t provide for your excellent customers, so as a bonus your skills with constructing healing and restorative items is such that now you can downright make them from scratch. Though quality of ingredients(chemicals and salves will make better baselines than twigs and berries, of course) can vary the strength, with a bit of scavenging you should be able to make something to patch yourself up. Not only that, but with experimentation you’ll be able to create restoratives with custom effects and with the right (usually rare) ingredients? You can make stat boost items, capsules/pills that can increase your natural capabilities(like intelligence, strength and agility.) However, these capsules have some lingering effects and will increase it a static amount no matter how strong you are, so for those who are already powerful it may not feel much. Still, every little bit counts.
>>
>>50255292
Isn't it fairly easy to learn a person's True Name?
>>
>>50255337
I'm not salty at all, anon. My mad levels are at zero.
And the nerf is ridiculous, so I'm going to ignore it.
You're awfully worked up about this, though.

>>50255362
Eh, if you know them really well, you might be able to figure it out.
Eragon figured out Sloan's, but he knew Sloan his entire life, and knew a lot about the guy.
It freaked him out when he realized that he knew this asshole from his home town better than he knew himself.
It took him weeks of dedicated self-reflection to figure out his own.

Galbatorix has a sort 'gift' for figuring out True Names.
Psychology/telepathy/understanding people perks would make it fairly easy if you started stacking them.
>>
>>50255307
Nope, a long ass time ago some group of mages realized that by speaking or just thinking the words of what they wanted to do made magic much safer and easier.

They then decided to improve this further by turning their language into an ideal focusing tool for magic in a few ways, such as making it impossible to lie in the language which made it harder of make a mistake.

Pretty much everyone uses the language for their magic during the time of the books because most don't even know it can be used without the language and those who do generally don't because it is dangerous.
>>
>>50255261
Ok true but it's semantics, it's obvious what the rule is referring to.
>>
>>50255307
Basically thousands of years ago there was no magical language and all magic was freeform. Eventually something happened because of this so horrific that an entire race called the grey folk united and cast a massive spell that chained magic to their language. Giving it the properties it's shown in the series, the ancient language has no inherent magical properties other than what the grey folk gave it with their spell.
>>
>>50255346
No, you are still restricted by the nature of the setting's magic as a whole which has a number of things that simply cannot be done.
>>
I want to work on another jump

http://www.strawpoll.me/11661564

vote on the FE jumps that haven't been done for me to work one and please tell me if those jumps have already been done
>>
>>50255408
They didn't chain magic to their language, they chained their language to magic. Magic can still be done without the language, just nobody does because they either don't know it's possible or consider it too dangerous.
>>
>>50255393
But it isn't, Justice thought that the "true name of magic" would give to total power over all magic period. When he explained his reasoning it was full of wank and misinformation, he had no clue what he was restricting.
>>
whats the jump where you can get the cauldron that combines items?
>>
>>50255598
Worm? Only cauldron that comes to mind.
>>
>>50255598
Journey to the West maybe?
>>
>>50255598
Journey to the West, or Atelier Arland.

Speaking of which, if you attain enlightenment in the former how much of it carries over to other jumps? I would assume the stuff in the perks sticks since it just applies to yourself, but some of the more esoteric things are reliant on a singular awarenes of the world which isn't correct elsewhere. Not to mention the holding the universe in his hand thing or imprisoning Sun Wukong under a mountain.
>>
>>50253587
Why is Date A live supposedly too powerful? I'm honestly curious, because from what I know, the setting is in the same power bracket as Madoka.
>>
What are some good perks that help with mixing science and magic? Most jumpers seem to dip into making magitech at some point or another, but I've only seen a handful of perks that help with that.
>>
>>50255719
That was the Buddha himself though, wasn't it? He's kind of on a whole different level.
>>
>>50255755
Crimson Sage it's awesome from demon king and Hero I believe, can't remember the Japanese name though.
>>
>>50253869
He does lurk in the thread so it's worth a shot.
>>
>>50255753
Not him, but it's more akin to Fate/ Grand Order in terms of power-level. Country- and city-busters are pretty common.

So it's above most settings, but not more than the most ridiculous shit we already have.
>>
So, in the Fate/ servant supplement, can we import a companion but have them imported as a historical/mythical figure, or do we have to choose Jumper?
>>
>>50255755
Harry Potter has one, so do Minecraft and Mage.

The best one I know of is Magitech from Banjo-Kazooie, it makes your tech fully compatible with your magic and vice versa, and lets you use one to supplement the other.
>>
>>50255764
Oh okay. I must've mixed them up, I thought in Buddhism a Buddha Is just someone who understands the universe well enough, not a singular or unique being
>>
>>50255809
...I'm pretty sure this is bullshit. The only thing that might be construed as country busting was whenever the first spirit showed up.
>>
>>50255753
It's a troll. The only one of those that might not work as normal jump is Nobilis, simply because the powerlevel starts as 'Do whatever you want'.
>>
>>50255866
Journey to the West Buddha is above even gods. As in he thrashes them when they step out of line kinda thing.
>>
>>50255348
They're too busy getting baited.
>>
>>50255753
There are a bunch of lower city level girls running around, if they get too unstable they will explode with a force that is nuclear at it's lowest and country sized at the strongest.
>>
>>50255809
Wasn't the best showing the first space quake which would be somewhere between country and island level?
>>
Fire Emblem Elibe Series and Gaiden are neck to neck for my next jump. I have perk ideas for both.
>>
Is anyone working on Project X Zone?
>>
>>50255975
a bunch of jumps right now skirt around it but none really touch on it.

Crossgates for 400 CP or the jump's a piece of shit.
>>
>>50255938
>if they get too unstable they will explode
So this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHgLqKZ3Cc
>>
>>50256001
Yes, but it usually takes out a city.
>>
>>50255996
Don't forget a continuity drawback, so characters recognize you from previous jumps.
>>
>>50255975
We need .hack jump before we have a Project X Zone jump. Though would we need to split the original games and G.U. into separate jumps, or could we fit both in one?
>>
>>50255996
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or deliberately inflammatory right now. Do you even know what the fuck Crossgates are.
>>
>>50256106
Depends on whether you want to split by time frames or not. There's three possible "entry" points technically, and it also largely depends on how you watch to approach the Virtual/Real duality as well.

I mean if you're just doing a simple short jump you could really just do it all in one I suppose, but .hack has enough to work with that it can get an intricate jump and work fine. Even new world, discontinued as it is, has enough lore for a jump
>>
>>50256134
Why do you think he's asking for them, anon?
>>
Would nanotechnology that is bound to a molecular structure pass down from parent to child?

For those who are not familiar with the cartoon Generator Rex; nanomachines have infected everyone (well almost everyone) and at any random moment can activate and cause horrible monstrous mutations. The victim MIGHT retain mental control and gain x-men-like superpowers, but outright monstrosity is common.

I picked up EVO from Generator Rex and I just want to know or not if I am potentially passing on dangerous nanites.
>>
>>50255966
Aren't mystery, gaiden, and shadow dragon really close together? I was looked my at timelines earlier, and the one I saw said they were only a year apart.
>>
File: 1453414938593.jpg (44KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1453414938593.jpg
44KB, 680x680px
>>50255996

>The devices that literally as a basic function make a Spark redundant
>being offered at all let alone 400 pts

Just ignore him, it's bait.
And he's not gonna make the jump either.
>>
thank fuck, someone finally broke the tie...

Elibe it is! Fire Emblem 6-7 Jump are now claimed by me.

Expect some cool stuff and the ability to become a dragon.
>>
>>50254966
>Magic Weapon Skill
>Healing magic on you heals almost all of your wounds, and casting a curse on someone will almost always work.

Could you clarify whether that's as in "these magics are more effective" or as in "these magics can't have their full effect"?
>>
>>50249649
Any canon master from Fate/Extra. Not anywhere.
>>
>>50256238
Nika? This? >>50256215
>>
>>50255975
That requires someone, anyone, to finish the whole game first

People like that don't exist
>>
>>50256215

Oh..you're right.

I'll just fanwank that the Gaiden world the jumper is going through is an alternate realiry of Gaiden seperate from the Gaiden events in other jumps, but I could just make a continuity drawback if you want it to be a thing.

That could be a headache, though...
>>
>>50256247

I think it's meant to be the former, from my readin' of it.
>>
>>50255866
That's because it's one of those words that has different meanings depending on the context in which it is used.
>>
Please refer to >>50252689 (You) for our Anti-Shitposter Policy.

>>50256297
Nice to see a new Jumpmaker. Good luck!
>>
>>50256247

I'll reword that so that a curse cast by you lasts longer, would be harder to dispel (like if you Beserked someone, it could be difficult for someone to snap them out of it).

These magics are more effective, is what I meant.
>>
Heads up:

I caught a warning for reporting the shitposter. His post got deleted, but I caught a warning all the same.
>>
>>50256388
How do we know you aren't the shitposter trying to dissuade people from reporting him?
>>
>>50256388
I didn't get one.
>>
So what's the scale of power in DC's magic side? Will you be towards the top as an epic level D&D wizard or an Overlord Caster?
>>
>>50256428
DC starts out a good deal lower, but caps out much higher.
>>
>>50256428
pretty much the same just one wears masks and tights, and then theres DC
>>
>>50256388
Read the image - you have to wait a while to make sure he's not actively on Janitor duty when you report him.
>>
What's Marvel Magic going to be like? I'm more on the Marvel side of the comics but I was never into the really high end magic guys. I know about Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom but what are the other guys like?
>>
Magic Weapon Skill (200 CP, Discount Drop-In) - You find that you have a great skill with magic items and that you are easily able to find and use them. Your power is boosted when using magical items and even if you have little to no magical talent, magical items will still be quite potent in your grasp. Healing magic on you heals almost all of your wounds, and curses cast by you will last longer, be more effective, and will be harder to dispel. For example, if you lif you Beserked someone, it would be very difficult for someone to snap them out of it even though magical means.

Is this a better way of wording it?
>>
>>50256505
Is anyone making a marvel magic based jump?
>>
>>50256297
Maybe mash both games together? Though I'm not sure if the imaged FE jump is general or about shadow dragon.

If it's SD, then you probably shouldn't make a jump for gaiden/mystery.
>>
>>50254966
Complete? Looks like it's missing origin descriptions to me.
>>
>>50254966
You dropped vengeance? Why?
>>
>>50256106
>>50256143
I would rather them be split, myself.
>>
>>50256507
>if you lif you
Might wanna fix that.
>>
>>50256505
Marvel magic often goes the realm of deus ex machina, it's really just an asspull plot device. Having said that, Dr. Strange's books it is a bit more fleshed out and balanced. It's just when you've got magic users running against non-magic users, that's when magic is portrayed as some OP Does Everything And Then Some skill.

Most of Marvel magic involves channeling energy from other dimensional beings. Strange is famous for rattling off "By the Sack of Cyttorak" and "The Hoary Hemp of Helslampaam" ... Maybe not exactly those things, but he's a lot of alliteration and using invoking the names of massively powerful beings.

As for what it does? You've got ordinary beamspam and shields, though that's rare. Energy melee weapons, though that's mostly in magic on magic fights. Lots of weird effects and playing with reality. Extra-dimensional travel is a big one. Summoning, binding, and banishing are biggies too.

Doom is big on enchantment. His armor isn't just tech, it's also magic and he loves to enchant shit. He's all about technomagic.
>>
>>50255813
Either. Or you can import them as themselves but in a non-Jumper class if you want.
>>
>>50256604
>Most of Marvel magic involves channeling energy from other dimensional beings
I remember this. I've read a few comics with Strange in them and he's always calling on gods or demons or something.

Is DC magic the same way? Or is it more personal power?
>>
>>50256596
My main gripe with split jumps is generally it causes headaches for the authors unless either one author solos all of them, or the authors are in close coordination (which is sometimes impossible given the nature of how transient jumpmakers can be)

Like I want to make Kingsglaive starting back in the timeframe of the concord and leading up to the events of Kingsglaive, but then I'd either have to do XV as well, or I'd have to coordinate well enough with whoever claims XV as far as continuity goes. It's a bloody headache just considering it.
>>
>>50256604
Could someone even do an "Occult Marvel" jump? I mean, I know there's Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, and Magik, but it doesn't seem as widespread as in DC.
>>
>>50256581
Vengeance isn't dropped! don't worry

>>50256601

Fixed!

>>50256552

That does make sense. I might just mash the two games together like I did with Thracia 776 + Genealogy.
>>
>>50256348
Looking at the jump, I see you can

#1 buy Major Holy Blood per for 600cp (300 for DropIn) and then you can wield one of the 13 Holy Weapons if you can get it.

#2 buy a replica of your choice of a Holy Weapon for 800cp.

If you buy #2, does that come with ability to wield the weapon or do you need to buy #1 too?
>>
>>50256643
If you included stuff like the Asgardians and Olympians in there, you could probably do it.
>>
>>50256643
The list I found isn't unimpressive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Marvel_Comics_characters_who_use_magic
>>
>>50256639
No, DC definitely has magic that calls on gods and the like. That's Constantines approach to magic: make deals with horrible beings to fight horrible beings... well, that and sacrificing friends, loved ones, and passers by for the greater good.

Stay far away from John Constantine is what I'm saying.

Anyway, there is a difference between DC and Marvel in that you do see big, powerful, scary as fuck magic users in DC that don't invoke powers. Zatanna is a great example of that. She doesn't invoke anyone, she's just a beast and channels her own power.

>>50256643
You could. Dr. Strange has had some great runs, so there's more than enough to draw on there. You could easily toss in Ghost Rider as well. Maybe a few of the other lesser knowns.

It wouldn't be as robust as DC's, I'll grant you, but it's definitely doable.
>>
>>50256650
But it wasn't in the doc? I saw you added sol as a perk, but I didn't see vengeance anymore. My vensolsol dream combo...

But you say it's still there?
>>
>>50248185
From /co/co/'s, I have [POWERHOUSE] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9-7uLg-DZU
as a stand that focuses on repeated blows, chain reactions and utilizing the environment around you to hammer away at a foe.

And from Jojo, I have [SHEPHERD OF FIRE] whose flames burn not simply normal matter, but that which binds or restrains. Awakened ability(which I haven't achieved yet) is [BAT COUNTRY], which will project a reality-marble-esque pocket of space modeled after a desert highway, whereupon flaming bat familiars attack my foe. You might also get hit by two gonzo journalists in a convertible.

Requiem ability would be [HAIL TO THE KING] whereupon the strength of Shepherd of Fire's flames is proportional to the differential of power between the binder and the bound.
>>
so...what jumps offer the ability to speak to abstracts? like asking the wind for aid? or the dead for wisdom?
>>
File: vengeance perk.png (43KB, 1270x110px) Image search: [Google]
vengeance perk.png
43KB, 1270x110px
>>50256681

It's hard to find since it's split between the pages thanks to an unfortunate quirk. I edited it though so that it's easier to find in the new doc, which is little different from the one Digger posted except it's better worded in some places.

Here's the perk
>>
>>50256507
Is the boost to your power a general boost simply from having a magical item, or is it applicable only to the power you get from that magical item?

Is the boost to healing and cursing a separate generic boost that stacks with the above or an example of the above effect?
>>
I'm getting tired of all this capeshit.
>>
>>50256680
>Stay far away from John Constantine is what I'm saying.
There was a drawback in the WIP that turned you into him, it was basically:

"You have plot armor for this jump, because death would let you escape what this drawback turns your life into. Welcome to a life that's absolute shit by the standards of Magic DC."
>>
>>50256713
Go watch TV or read a book. We'll be talking about something else in a thread or so.
>>
>>50256691
isn't there something in age of mythology, or was it civilizations
>>
>>50256713
Good for you I guess?
>>
>>50256691
>>50256730
Realm of myth.
>>
>>50256710
How long do the boosts last? Till the end of battle, or till there's a small lull in combat?

Will the boosts immediately subside if you have some sort of healing factor?
>>
>>50256712

It's only applicable to the power you get from the magical item. The cursing and healing boost comes from when you use a magical item to do those things.
>>
>>50256719
I've read Hellblazer.

There are not enough points in that drawback, there are not enough options in that jump, for me to consider that. Constantine is just below the Endless on the list of entities I'd love to meet, but would go out of my way, well out of my way, to avoid. The risk isn't worth the reward.
>>
>>50256739
If it works how I think it does(game mechanics) then it lasts as long as you stay injured.

So yeah, regen will negate it.
>>
>>50248185
Have a Companion's Stand actually. Want to get some critique on this 'un.

Romulus Jefferson Clay
Stand Name: Redlight King

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: B
Durability: B
Precision: B
Developmental Potential: A

Ability: Redlight King is the transformation of the old Stand, Vengeful One, that also represents Romulus' attempt at redeeming his own soul - erasing the vengeful and blind monster he had become. What Redlight King represents from this point onward is the potential within one's destiny, and the control they hold over it - which manifests in it's ability. Temporarily, Redlight King - an Automatic Stand - can 'free' someone from their earthly bonds and take their consciousness on a journey through space and time to show them all of their possibilities; All of their potential successes, all of their potential failures, it reveals everything. What Redlight King doesn't show is how that person reaches any of those points, nor the context in which said successes are obtained.

In a rather humorous twist, Romulus has NO control over Redlight King in any regard - the Stand being independent enough that should it wish, it could secede itself entirely from it's Stand-User. A fitting state for the Stand of a man who dedicates himself to breaking unjust chains of control and servitude.
>>
>>50256750
It was a +600 point drawback that all but guarantees your survival, pretty sure it was supposed to suck.
>>
>>50256428
Basically what >>50256447 said.

It's really the same as anime/manga generally compares to comics. Of course a Shounen MC can punch out Batman, but Superman's a different story.

>>50256639
There are plenty of people that call on magic of other beings for power in DC. Whether it's a "BY THE ALL-SEEING EYE OF AGGOMOTTO!" type thing or a warlock style pact where there's a permanent link established, or someone like Doctor Fate who uses artifacts empowered by higher beings.

But magicians that are powerful on their own are way more common in DC than Marvel.

>>50256643
Marvel has a lot of magic stuff, but it's never really as unified and interconnected as DC's magic side is.
>>
>>50255116

Not the anon you were talking to, but didn't your weapon have a few more steps before?

I only ask since I had copied down your weapon project awhile ago somewhere since it looked pretty interesting, and try to keep my eye out for useful weapon build combos.
>>
>>50248185
Stand Name: Tribute
Appearance: Heavily bandaged humanoid. Eyes are violet and it wears vagabond clothes, wool cap and a canvas trench-coat notable, over the bandages, which show through holes and such.
Power - D
Speed - A
Range - E
Durability - A
Precision - A
Potential - A
Ability: At it's core Tribute works on the principles of Causality Reversal but is limited in scope.

This isn't the Greatest Song in the World...: By using the ability to create a paradox Tribute can spoil forms of future sight/Precognition/Etc. from effecting the Stand and Gaunlet as they don't follow the timeline to fulfillment. This can exhaust Gaunlet as if he were putting in six times as much effort into every motion.

(Awakening) Down a Long and Lonesome Road: Using it's power to cause more than physical interference by enforcing effects that extend to rewriting or damaging natural laws, Tribute, and Tribute alone, is able to interfere with supernatural phenomenon, blocking magical lightning as if it were a physical blow, dodging time stops, striking the magical energy within a barrier are all examples.

(Requiem) ...it's just a Tribute: Cause and effect are reversed for the duration of a single action allowing Gaunlet to survive once but this seals Tribute away for a year and a day.
>>
>>50256781
Was that the point gain? That WIP isn't in the WIP folder and I don't remember.
>>
>>50256781
No, it totally makes sense to have that drawback and for it to be a big point gain. I just wouldn't take it if I had companions.
>>
>>50248185
Coco: Volatile Times, tells the most fortuitous path for avoiding my problems as well as being a punchghost.
Jojo: The Poison Woman, can turn any liquid the stand touches into any liquid poison I have previously injested, with the strength of the poison decreasing with range.
>>
>>50256800
Here's the latest one before I went through a revision.

Chekhov's Gun
1. Base weapon Gravity Beam Emitter (Blame!)
2. Enchanted (King Arthur) to 'Absorb other items and gain their properties'
3. Absorbed Tracking Gun (Blame!) from >>48052946
4. Dragon-Forged Weapon (Merlin)
5. Import as Barrel Replica (KNK)
6. Import as Seventh Holy Scripture (KNK)
7. Absorbed my Caster (Outlaw Star)
8. Absorbed the Dark Matter Gun (FFXIV)
9. Import as a Golden Weapon (Magical Girl Noir)
10. Utilized Dreadnought Engineering to upscale it to short rifle status.
11. Sword Plant (King Arthur) short rifle.
12. Using Let's Make It Better (Unholy Heights) to improve the traits.
13. EX Rank Item Construction (Fate/Extra) to make an A+-Rank Noble Phantasm. [Be sure to use Monster Hunter part, Orichalcum, Orihalcon, Obdurium, etc.]
14. Fill 'Blank Legend' with Colorful Backgrounds (Drakengard)
15. Absorb A-Rank Noble Phantasm
16. Absorb Lance of Longinus (NGE)
17. Import as Juju.
18. Import as Dual Weapon.
19. Create a Copy of Crowbar's Crowbar.
20. Absorb Copy-Crowbar

Until I figure out a way to copy the Crowbar I left 19 and 20 out and Dual Weapon actually does the same thing as absorbing so I just folded that into it.
>>
>>50256755
>>50256739

>>50256739

The boost the Vengance gives you lasts until you get healed.

A healing factor would make the injuries subside, and thus your power would subside as well.
>>
>>50256815
It is an incredibly thematic drawback, not just as a reference to Constantine but to the nature of how magic works in DC. If you want more power, your life is going to suck that much more.
>>
>>50256747
Okay. Then I would phrase it as something like:

>Magic Weapon Skill (200 CP, Discount Drop-In) - You find that you have a great skill with magic items and that you are easily able to find and use them. Their power is boosted when you use them, and even if you otherwise have no magical talent they will still be quite potent in your grasp. For example, an item that could heal a moderate wound would instead easily heal a critical wound, while a curse from an item would not only last longer but be harder to remove if it was you who delivered it.
>>
>>50256873

Hm! Makes sense. I will do that.
>>
File: zatanna_the+regime.jpg (117KB, 364x670px) Image search: [Google]
zatanna_the+regime.jpg
117KB, 364x670px
>>50256858
Yeah, it's a top tier drawback. It completely makes sense.

>If you want more power, your life is going to suck that much more.
The key to being powerful without regrets is being born to a stage magician father who is also a superhero in his own right. That way not only do you get a sweet family business, you also get shit tons of power. ... Also? You're hot as fuck.

Fuck working hard, just win the lottery of birth.
>>
>>50256914
She may have come out in one piece but she had her own price to pay for her power, those parents. . .
>>
>>50256948
Yeah, her parents did take it on the chin.
>>
>>50256948
What kind of jumper gives a fuck about parents?
>>
File: 1463680746763.png (6KB, 289x275px) Image search: [Google]
1463680746763.png
6KB, 289x275px
>>50256961
>>
>>50256961
Wouldn't you prefer to have an origin self who is well adjusted and doesn't introduce mental problems for you to spend 10 years dealing with?
>>
>>50256978
>moralfags

>>50256989
I'm saying jumpers don't give a fuck, they can just delete those memories. Boom. Problem solved, free power. Guess who's special origin condition got BTFO?
>>
>>50256750
What's such a big deal about Constantine, anyway? People talk about him like he's scary. Is he really powerful or something?
>>
>>50257014
>Is he really powerful or something?
No, he's pretty much magical Batman. Kind of like Dresden, actually.

He's good when it comes to "prep" and negotiating with powerful entities.
>>
>>50257014
It's less power and more being around him is like painting a target on your back, flipping the universe off, and giving the "smite me o mighty smiter!" speech. Bad things happen. VERY bad things.
>>
>>50257014
He has a fuckton of plot armor and the demons he outwits are mindbogglingly retarded. Even the First of the Fallen.
>>
>>50257014
He is a living breathing embodiment of the principal that magic in DC comes with a price usually paid in the form of the user's suffering. Most magic characters in DC have some unpleasantness in their past caused by them "paying for" their magic.

The nature of magic seems to be unaware that he has already suffered more than enough to pay his price. His loved ones drop like flies and fate puts him through the deepest of shit constantly.
>>
>>50257014
He always wins, at the cost of usually killing someone nearby(girlfriend, sister, brother, zatanna's mom, etc) and in the most trauma inducing way possible.
>>
>>50257014
Nah, he barely has any raw magical power of his own. He's just a really clever, really mean bastard.

He also literally has cosmic plot armor as a power.
>>
>>50257014
Remember that bit about DC magic having a price? Well while Zatanna's price was some tragically dead parents fate has a much more twisted sense of humor when it comes to Constantine.
>>
>>50257014
Constantine is a late-game jumper specced entirely for charisma, luck, and planning.
>>
>>50257109
And dead loved ones.
>>
>>50257109
Who's also kept every drawback he's ever picked up.
>>
>>50257074
>>50257108
>>50257118
So what I'm getting is that Constatine's plot armor/magic is fueled by the souls of anyone he makes bonds with.
>>
>>50257139
That is a pretty good description of him yes.
>>
>>50257139
Accurate.
>>
>>50257139
And everyone he despises. And everyone he's ever made eye contact with.

Really, just don't interact with the man. Now you see why the original jump had a perk that made you be on a team with him as a 300 CP drawback.
>>
>>50257168
...someone take him to Binbougami and make him benefit from Misfortune Energy.
>>
>>50257189
I'd rather bring it to him, use the JM machine, and send them to him in the mail with instructions to 'apply directly to forehead'.

Less chance of getting eaten by his plot armor.
>>
>>50254966
>Vengeance

Yes

>Wrath

Yes~

add these to Inferior Human Organs (Zim), Rolling Counter (Mother), Fight For Your Life(Borderlands), and Payback Semblance (RWBY)

Yes, yes, this is coming along nicely.
>>
>>50257014
Let me put it simply, Cracker_Jack had a +600 point drawback that gave you Constantine Pattern Plot Armor in the Mystic WIP. Even though it all but guarantees your survival it still isn't enough points for most of the people who know anything about him.
>>
>>50257014
You read Spawn or watched the movie or animated series? You know how his costume is sentient, animal smart, and how it moves on its own to defend him?

That's a bit how Constantine's plot armor works. It's super pro-active. Also? It's fucking unbelievably powerful.

There's a scene, in the Book of Magic, if I remember right, where John walks into this giant hall on the edge of reality. There are tons of insanely powerful beings there, all hanging out and talking and doing whatever. Anyway, as soon as John walks into the room, everyone shuts up and keeps an eye on John. Not because he's more powerful, everyone knows he's not. They keep an eye on him because he always wins. He cheats, he scams, he pays a high price and fucks himself and everyone around him in the process, but he always wins.

The books do a pretty good job of showing how horrible plot armor would be. The running joke among the fandom was that any time anyone mentions or is referenced to be a friend or family member of Constantine they're doomed to die shortly thereafter. It's only partially a joke.

He's just a lightning rod of pain and it's best to avoid him.
>>
>>50257189
I dunno man. Trying to get Constantine as a companion sounds like it'll end with you companioning a number of demons and angels that have it out for him and being forced by a contract you were tricked into to choose to stay in Commoragh.
>>
>>50257233
Nah, it'd probably just end your chain or turn it into that montage of Edge of Tomorrow where Tom Cruise dies in various ways for a good 20 minutes. It's funny to watch, but I imagine it'd be horrifying to live out.
>>
>>50257233
Constantine has straight-up bullied God into doing what he wants. Probably don't even let him know about the Benefactor.
>>
>>50257233
Honestly I just want to see what happens if he manages to weaponize it. Or better yet, harvest his misfortune energy.
>>
>>50253274
How big of a physical boost does Matrix of Leadership give?
>>
>>50257233
>>50257290
Keep in mind that he once turned his guilt into an infant and then sacrificed that infant in order to clear his conscience. No good comes from messing with or hanging with Constantine.
>>
Path to Victory, give me the path to avoiding any and all contact with John Constantine. This is in and of itself the best possible argument for taking that power in worm.
Thread posts: 622
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.