[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 131

File: custom card primer v2.png (2MB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
custom card primer v2.png
2MB, 1400x1800px
Paired Permanents Edition! (Soulbound, Meld, Partner, etc)

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>50215041
>>
>>50244256
Thanks pal, that works a lot better
>>
File: Swords.jpg (129KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Swords.jpg
129KB, 750x523px
Hmm, one of the few times I already have cards to fit the theme, and someone else made the thread. Weird.
>>
File: Soul Splitter.png (271KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Soul Splitter.png
271KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Card C2 Sun Spinner.png (291KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card C2 Sun Spinner.png
291KB, 375x523px
>>50244397
Just a thought what if you made one give +4/-2 and the other -2/+4 and a way to fetch both of them with a sorcer?
Either way I like your idea!
>>
>>50244336
>>50244371
Glad I could be of help. Speaking of...
>T, X: Remove up to X counters from target creature.
Notice how here I use a comma to get the proper order. Also, you shouldn't have X refer to two different variables. But anyway, I don't entirely know how to word the last ability, since we only have Leeches for precedence.
>>
>>50244431
>Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or dies, it deals damage equal to its power to each creature and each player.

This is a primarily Red ability.
>>
>>50244431
Eh, I'd rather not throw in negative numbers like that. As for fetching them, you just gave me an idea. Thanks. Oh, and what >>50244466 said. Also, WB for a 4 damage boardwipe is unbelievably, absurdly powerful. Seriously, this has "emergency ban" written all over it. For the record, there's only ever been ONE emergency ban is all of Magic. ...Too bad I can't remember what card it was...
>>
>>50244431
2 mana for 8 damage on board? broken as fuck

Up it to 4 and make it "each other creature" for the ETB and then you've got something. Also, At least R/B, not W/B.
>>
>>50244457
thanks again for noticing,
being a Dylexia fucking sucks
>>50244466
I know but I was doing a set of White and Black with a friend all about definance and chaos and freedom and I just liked the idea
>>50244500
>>50244506
star, thanks for the tip, ammending now!
>>
>>50244500
That would be Memory Jar.
>>
File: Headstrong Youth.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Headstrong Youth.png
260KB, 375x523px
>>50244397
Interesting. I kinda only want the "pairing" effect to work when they are both attached to the same creature, but that's kinda pedantic I guess. I think they are reasonably costed, so that's fine.

>>50244417
This can get nuts with anything with evasion.

>>50244431
This is monored.
>>
>>50244545
Not too shabby, though one +1/+1 counter and it snowballs thanks to first strike.
>>
>>50244457
Amendments done,
Is there anything else that can be improved on?
>>50244535
I just looked at that? Forgive my ignorance but what was so egregious about it?
>>50244545
Maybe make it a 1/1 to start with?
>>
File: Hippolyta Amazon Queen.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hippolyta Amazon Queen.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>50244535
Damn, I thought it was, but wasn't entirely sure.

>>50244545
>Swords
Yeah, me too, but it got to the point where I thought it was needlessly detailed as well. Heck, the way Wizards is doing some Equipment matters, they don't even care if the Equipment you control is attached to anything.

>Headstrong Youth
You making another card for Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy, or is this it? Anyway, I think it's a good fit. Possibly undercosted, but that could just be me. So anyway, do you have an actual set for this stuff, or are they just loosely-related one-off cards, kinda like my CO "set"?
>>
>>50244593
>I just looked at that? Forgive my ignorance but what was so egregious about it?
TL;DR Magic was already dying, and they banned Jar because they thought it might have been the final nail in the coffin otherwise.
>>
>>50244417
Or even simpler version.

Eidolon of Friendship 2GW
Creature- Spirit Ally
Whenever a creature with soulbound enters the battlefield under your control, create a token that's a copy of it.
3/3

Iyasen, the Bloodied 2RR
Legendary Creature- Spirit Warrior
Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature, it fights that creature.
Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature or player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2/3
>>
File: Reality Piercer.png (252KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reality Piercer.png
252KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50244582
Yeah, I think I'll go with >>50244593's suggestion and make it 1/1. Should I make it WB to compensate you think?

>>50244598
This is just the "I'm a young badass" trope card. The dude the hero beats then becomes friends with. The actual arrogant dude has to be older and more established.

>set
No, just a "design shell" like you're doing, but with related custom keywords and mechanics.

>Hippolyta
>how does she manage to sculpt all these clay women with her hands so full?
>>
>>50244593
>>50244611
But for a more in-depth analysis.

Power levels and metas don't stay the same forever. Cards that were broken before might not be broken now due to changes in the meta. This is why the DCI is constantly banning and un-banning cards in various formats. So sometimes you might hear of a card that was banned and not understand why, and it might be because the meta has shifted so much from when it was banned.

Remember that Magic is incredibly complex, and there are many ways to make effects work in ways they aren't intended, like turning Fiend Hunter into permanent creature exile. In Jar's case, it boils down to three simple words.
>draws seven cards
Seven cards. An entire hand. Sure, you have to discard them later, but until you do, you get to play around with all the nice cards that you just got. Drawing a large number of cards is something that should NEVER be underestimated.

But as for the last part, I'll let Wizards explain it for me in pic related. For reference, the Urza's block is infamous for printing some of the most disgustingly overpowered cards in existence. Wizards wouldn't quite reach the same level as broken-ness until Mirrodin.
>>
File: Card C4 Sun Spinner.png (313KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card C4 Sun Spinner.png
313KB, 375x523px
>>50244673
cool idea! feels a tad powerful though. Maybe make it Blue Blue and Red Red instead of 1 and one Blue
>>50244713
Thats cool man! where did you find that?
>>50244506
>>50244500
>>50244466
ok here we go amended, also I added the you take damage to stop cycling like crazy, what do you think?
>>
>>50244593
>>50244713
For the record, these are all the cards from the Urza's block that are restricted in Vintage. You've probably seen or heard of most of them before.
>>
>>50244760
I had never heard of these, aside from lotus petal and tinker, but in honesty I did only start playing 4 months ago!
>>
>>50244287
Building a sort of "commander set" with three-color sets using partners. In order to get only one of each color pair in the sets, I'm using non-standard "core" colors for all the triplets. For instance, the Esper duo is Dimir and Orzhov.
Furthermore, I'm trying to fit every triplet into the same setting, and each of the five shards/wedges in their own world.

Each tri-color group has a focus color (both partners share that color), and a desired mechanic/focus. Right now, I'm working on the shards.
>>
>>50244731
This article.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/brief-history-standard-banned-list-2015-07-13

Though all I did was search
>MTG emergency bad
on Google.

>Sun Spinner
This should still be Red. Actually, you know what, I'm sorry, but you're new. Very new, I can tell. Until you become more familiar with cards, you should probably stop trying multicolor.
>>
File: Arcane Tether.png (245KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane Tether.png
245KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Stone-Form Expert.png (255KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stone-Form Expert.png
255KB, 375x523px
>>50244731
Okay, first off, the card is still red.

Let's analyze the abilities:
>ETB it deals 2 damage to each other creature
Okay, that's Pyroclasm, basically. A 2R card.
>LTB it deals 4 damage to each other creature and 2 damage to its controller
So a mass Char. That's a 2R card.
>4/1 body
That's a 2R card.

So all told, you have 6RRR worth of card on a 2WB body. Just so you know. And, it's uncommon.

>>50244760
Urza's was so insane. I played around that time and I think it was when the culture really shifted to the "Spike" mentality whole-hog.

>>50244787
Wow. This is really good. Should be rare, I think.
>>
File: Hippolytas Blessing.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hippolytas Blessing.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>50244692
Hmm, I guess I need to start watching more martial arts movies. What's good on Netflix?

>set
So, what keywords and mechanics do you have so far? Besides the P/T switching thing.

>Hippolyta
I've honestly always hated the clay thing. Just seems... I dunno, silly, I guess. Which I realize is weird for me to say, but still.

>>50244593
Not perfect, but much better, thank you. You should really download MSE.
>>
File: Card E2 Form Unbound.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card E2 Form Unbound.png
274KB, 375x523px
>>50244777
Thanks man, there's nothing to be sorry about pal you make a very fair point
>>50244813
right, thanks for the heads up, I think I'll split Sun Spinner into two seperate creatures then
>>
File: Card C7 Shore Breaker (NW).png (324KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card C7 Shore Breaker (NW).png
324KB, 375x523px
>>50244824
MSE?
>>
File: Shock Gloves.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shock Gloves.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>50244813
I feel like you might as well just say
>*/4
>~'s power is equal to its toughness.
And let that be it. Weird effect, hard to judge, Honestly, affecting the toughness through power is something I'd probably ditch.

>Urza's
Was it as bad as everyone makes it out to be? I always like hearing people talk about old metas, I guess partly because I rarely play myself.

>>50244787
Seems cool.
>>
File: Amazon Reinforcements.jpg (65KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon Reinforcements.jpg
65KB, 375x523px
>>50244846
>>50244859
Magic Set Editor. Do you notice how all our cards look different from yours? That's because we're not disgusting plebs like yourself. Nah, just kidding. It's because we're using MSE, which is a whole hell of a lot more useful, and pleasant to look at, then Cardsmith. Link in the OP. BUT DON'T DOWNLOAD IT TO YOUR PROGRAM FILES FOLDERS, DOWNLOAD IT ANYWHERE ELSE!!!
>>
>>50244879
why not to progmans?
>>
>>50244846
Should be
>Your maximum hand size is increased by one for each creature you control.
Though frankly, I'd make it
>Your maximum hand size is equal to the number of creatures you control.
I also don't see the Black in this.

>>50244859
I think my only real objection to this is that it can pump itself. Everything else is either fine or just needs slight adjustment, I think.
>>
>>50244912
Windows doesn't like things making changes in program files.
>>
File: Manamorphose.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Manamorphose.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>50244912
Because if you do that, you won't be able to update it with add-ons. It's the main reason why people have trouble updating. And the problem is that the main MSE file doesn't get updated by the creators anymore, you have to use add-ons to stay up to date. And to get all the wicked cool frames like this one.
>>
File: 1457104490221.gif (604KB, 512x390px) Image search: [Google]
1457104490221.gif
604KB, 512x390px
>>50244935
>>50244931
star! thanks guys
>>
File: Travelling Pupil.png (202KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Travelling Pupil.png
202KB, 375x523px
>>50244824
Anything Jackie Chan. I just watched some thing about him hunting down Zodiac statues; it wasn't bad. Had some American actors in it which was strange to see. Ip Man is alright; the first one is the best. I love the old cheesy ones too, but there aren't usually many on Netflix because you can get like 18 of them for $5 in a DVD set these days.

A far as the tropes go, I plan to do those, but I also plan to do more legit Wuxia stuff and really try to make it feel like martial arts on Magic cards. It's just for fun anyway.

Mechanics are:
>Duel (To duel, tap both creatures. At end of turn, each deals damage equal to its toughness to the other.)
This is "not!Fight" but drawn out because think of all the martial arts duels you see. Some last a while, some end fast. Duel lets you attach equipment, cast combat tricks, and do other stuff to affect the outcome, so it's more involved than fight, but fight will make several appearances too.
>Meditate (You may choose not to untap this creature during your untap step.)
Lets you turn your creatures into enchantments or back to creatures, basically, depending how you construct them to utilize it.
>Style swap
You know this one already.
>Hell cards
Aura Curses; the fun is in the flavor.

>Blessing
Amazons as Naya tickles me. Card seems pretty good but it's going to SWARM your board if you have a lot of 0 cost equips floating around.

>>50244846
>Your maximum hand size increases by 1 for each creature you control.
I think.

>>50244859
>gains
gets.
This is a really old-style card they don't do anymore. I don't really care for how fiddly it is.

>>50244864
I copied Doran for the first bit, but you might be right; that kinda rolls everything together a bit better. The math on combat tricks is odd either way, so maybe I'll go with your version.

>shock gloves
Strap a super angry Ashmouth Hound to each hand: the Equipment.

>card
Example of a Meditate card.
>>
>>50244859
I really like this, but I don't know I think I'd drop the colorless cost make him UUU without the hexproof and prowess then make his pseudo cumulative upkeep cost to every upkeep. That way on turn three hes more or less a 3/1 for 3
>>
File: Starro Possession.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Starro Possession.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>50244951
Star?

>>50244958
>Ip Man
I hear about that a lot. Which kinda sucks since apparently there are a billion movies with that name.

>Duel
I feel like this could be solved by choosing a creature you control, and opponent chooses a creature he or she controls, then they Fight. Would more or less get across the idea of a duel, each player choosing their strongest warriors.

>Meditate
Eh... not really sure about this one. I feel like it could just check to see if the creature attacked or blocked this turn.

>Hell
So, Curses basically? I mean, do Hell cards have any real mechanical difference from them?

>Amazons as Naya tickles me.
Glad you like it. And I realize it's going to be huge, that's why it's legendary, and the cost is so high.
>>
>>50244958
>>50245089
>I copied Doran for the first bit, but you might be right; that kinda rolls everything together a bit better. The math on combat tricks is odd either way, so maybe I'll go with your version.
Wait, I just realized I fucked up here. In order for -N/-0 effects to decrease toughness, as you want, you need to make it so the toughness is determined by the power. But wait, that also means that buffs to toughness don't increase power. I think your concept can't work because it's trying to do two opposite things. Could be wrong though, very tired right now.
>>
>>50245089
Oh its just a turn of phrase in Sheffield (north in the UK)
just means good,
>>50244879
also this a quickly update version of >50244593
>>
>>50245089
I might drop Duel, I am not sure it lends itself to anything too new or exciting. Nobody cares about the timing change and the idea of being able to do stuff while it's happening so if nobody likes it, why keep it? I may try again later with a different idea.
>Meditate
I had it like Style swap where you could tap it during your upkeep and choose not to untap it, but was convinced to make it so it just let you choose not to untap it to make you decide how best to tap it to begin with.

>Hell
Yeah, that's what I said. No, no difference mechanically. They are just Aura Curses, same as we've always had. They are just fluffed as the 18 Chinese Hells. I've only done one so far.
>>
>>50245111
I'm pretty sure if I just say "~'s power is equal to its toughness" it works fine.

If you cast a -N/-0 effect on it, it gets affected as normal. If you cast a -N/-N effect on it, it loses double the power it would lose normally. If you cast a +N/+N effect on it, it gains double the power it would normally. It's a bit strange but it's fine. It's a rare, after all, and doesn't have anything else to really worry about. I did strap Trample onto it though.
>>
>>50245200
~'s power is equal to its toughness doesn't work very well due to layers.
>>
>>50245216
Actually, I just thought if I added "base" to that would it work? Or do I have to change it back to how it was, riffing Doran and using that strange "stuff that modifies power modifies toughness" wording again?
>>
>>50245231
Base power and toughness isn't actually a characteristic of a permanent, it's a nonfunctional change intended to reduce confusion over how p/t setting effects work.
>>
>>50245200
>If you cast a -N/-0 effect on it, it gets affected as normal.
But that's not how it would've worked on your original card, which is why I'm confused.

>>50245165
>Hell
Sorry, just wanted to make sure.

>>50245128
Ah, OK. Card looks so much better now. The frame needs to be updated though. Ask someone else how to do it though, I'm going to bed.
>>
File: Hannibal Two-Tongue.png (251KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal Two-Tongue.png
251KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50245254
>>50245255
Yeah I'm not sure how to do this now. I want to, but I feel like I'm going to be pulling my hair out over it. Maybe I should take a break.
>>
File: Conner Kent Superboy3.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Conner Kent Superboy3.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>50245312
Taking a break from a card is usually never a bad idea. Take some time, come back with a fresh perspective.
>>
>>50245368
Everything on this is too cheap.
>>
What parts of MtG design are the most annoying for a card designer? Other than the fact that cards have to be made to work in meatspace so you can't do all the crazy shit digital-only cardgames do.
>>
File: patners.jpg (356KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
patners.jpg
356KB, 1875x523px
y/n?
>>
>>50245626
arguing over whether or not something works under current game rules and no one accepting the very real solution of, "So just change the rules."
>>
>>50245642
There's nothing demonic about Grunmel.

Putrid Claw is missing "creature token" after Plant Skeleton.

Vendar should only affect nonartifact spells.

Vesala is interesting. Pay life equal to converted mana cost, rather than just mana cost.

Vesnal - If you would gain life, you may scry X instead, where X is that much life.

Putrid and Vesala are good on their own and don't really need or support enough synergy to justify partner.
>>
>>50245642
These look pretty neat anon, I especially like Vesnal.
However, I do feel Grunmel has a bit to much for being a partner commander, I feel like the second ability is more than enough.
>>
File: Trackers Scenthoundv2.png (222KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Trackers Scenthoundv2.png
222KB, 375x523px
Good dog.
>>
File: Harvest Locusts.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest Locusts.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lduvic Proliferater of Fear.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lduvic Proliferater of Fear.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>50245878
>grunmel isn't demon enough
he is from a plane where the rule of the angles has grown so dominate people are turning to demons to try and over throw them. It's mardu demons vs esper angles with a bunch of temur shamans fucking around and being dirty hippies.
Grunmel is one of the leading rebel generals and is consider the primary teacher of battle. The devils are just generic recruits from the underworld, and what better way to supply your war front then to steal your enemies weapons?
I agree him being RW doesn't feel demon, but that's simply him on this card. Just like how even though Tezz is esper he has been printed mono blue.

>vender too much reach with effect
Alright sure, that sounds fair.

>ves and ves text wrong
Thank you for the correction.

>Putrid and Vesela feel too good to be partner
I'll agree with you on Vesela but I feel Putrid just making magma ragers is kind of weak.

>>50245903
>Grunmel feels too good to be a partner
Yeah I agree, I felt like I was pushing the envelope with him. To be honest I can't see a real need to leave RW when doing equipment memes besides maybe splashing blue for some artifact shenanigans. I could just make the Devil creation cost U and turn him into Jeskai.
>>
>>50246299
Instant speed magma ragers mind.
>>
File: Mounting Glory.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mounting Glory.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50246232
I'd like this more if it was a 2/3 for 3 but that would make it too good.

>>50246282
I think I'd like this more thematically if instead you made a copy of it whenever a land enters an opponents graveyard from play.
>>
>>50246359
That makes it way too narrow. Easier to change the name if it's a flavor problem.
>>
>>50246377
Nah it will be the allstar clock in mardu land destruction and the bane of all fetchland mana bases.
>>
>>50246384
Rubbish in a limited environment though.
>>
>>50246395
Not if you put in evolving wilds and land hate, land sac spells, and crackable lands.
>>
>>50246405
Really don't want to put in that kind of land hate just to support a single card.
>>
File: Spiritual Bond.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spiritual Bond.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Pykra Spellbender.png (263KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pykra Spellbender.png
263KB, 375x523px
>>50246653
I don't think this really works. Why not >becomes a copy of the exiled creature card?
>>
>>50246799
That'd be simpler I suppose.
>>
File: 0 Black Commons Second Draft.jpg (982KB, 2625x1046px) Image search: [Google]
0 Black Commons Second Draft.jpg
982KB, 2625x1046px
Posting updated black commons while I work on the red ones.
>>
>>50246359
Pretty sure the graveyard to battlefield ability on this stops it from being a common. Also could probably stand to be 2W at uncommon with that said.
>>
File: Fortune-Telling.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fortune-Telling.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Tavern Brawl.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tavern Brawl.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>50247127
Doing a full 10 pair cycle of flashback cards at common.
>>
>>50247127
How is this black?
>>
File: Iauduklaxrs Incubator.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Iauduklaxrs Incubator.png
260KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50247303
Pretty sure the X can be defined as the number of counters removed in the ability's text.
>>
>>50247346
The way it's currently worded, you can pay less than X, but you always have to remove all counters.

Wording with X= counters can 'overcharge' the card, making X too high to be payable.
>>
>>50247460
Then I would just make it that you remove X counters as part of the cost. Doesn't make sense that you would remove all of them every time. It's not necessarily a balance issue when you pay X and tap.
>>
>>50247195
I would assume because black gets to peek occasionally with discard cards, but by itself, it's shaky at best.
>>
>>50247510
That means you can get X=1 or 2, and get reliable free swings or blockers each turn. Isn't that a bit too much?
>>
>>50247684
Can't you /already/ do that in the current version?
Feels like you should cut back on the keywords the tokens get anyways. Evasion, haste, and evasion doesn't make much sense even if all you're trying to do is balance it by its rarity.
>>
>>50245398
How would you cost the abilities? Assuming that the mana cost of the card remains the same.

>>50245731
Because then you might as well just start making your own game. Seriously, I've been there, there's a reason we're sticklers for rules.
>>
>>50247303
>X, T, Remove X arcane counters from ~: [...] X can't be 0.
>>
File: Curse of Baki.png (305KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Curse of Baki.png
305KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50249132
Not bad. Kinda getting an Aura Barbs vibe. Actually...
>At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, each enchantment attached to that player deals 2 damage to him or her, then each Aura attached to a creature that player controls deals 2 damage to that creature.
>>
Can commander tax be referenced in effects? "If X, ~'s command tax costs 1 less", or something?
>>
>>50249984
You can make it "Your commander costs 1 less to cast for each time you cast it from the command zone."
>>
File: CST-020 R.png (941KB, 650x908px) Image search: [Google]
CST-020 R.png
941KB, 650x908px
Force of Will bump
>>
>>50252823
You can kill yourself at any time.
>>
File: CST-013 R.png (657KB, 650x908px) Image search: [Google]
CST-013 R.png
657KB, 650x908px
>>50253189
That's not very nice.
>>
File: CST-018 U.png (675KB, 650x908px) Image search: [Google]
CST-018 U.png
675KB, 650x908px
>>
File: flashback.jpg (692KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
flashback.jpg
692KB, 1875x1046px
>>
>>50254816
Captains ardor is missing an and.
>>
>>50254816
Seismic Event is actually too good at instant speed. It's like a better double Ice. Upkeep taps basically make it a 2-turn lockdown.
>>
File: Haunted Treasure.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Haunted Treasure.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>50254816
I really think you should make something else to fill Rowdy Crew's spot, and just make Rowdy Crew mono-Red. Admittedly, this is mostly a personal thing, I just don't like seeing cards making off-color tokens. But if it's a big tribal thing, I guess it's OK.

>Parley
Oh cool, you used my quote!

And the rest of the cards looks pretty fine, except maybe Seismic Event, which seems too cheap. I think the Flashback cost on this should be a bit greater.
>>
File: Manu Marshal of Souls.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Manu Marshal of Souls.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>card
Soulbond lord that does dumb rules things.

>>50253225
Don't know the templating for FoW, but I think it might be nice to be able to draw it even if it does have Quickcast.

>>50255011
Seems fine. I like the flavor of it.
>>
File: 0 Red Commons First Draft.jpg (1MB, 2625x1046px) Image search: [Google]
0 Red Commons First Draft.jpg
1MB, 2625x1046px
>>50246897
As promised, first draft of the red commons. Feedback, as always, is much appreciated.
>>
File: Unlucky Adventurer.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unlucky Adventurer.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>50254845
Fixed.

>>50254878
Hmm maybe it should go back to being a sorcery.

>>50255011
I could start them off as black tokens instead.
>>
>>50255372
>CR10
Doing this to your library is Red. Doing it to another player's library is Blue or Black.
>>
File: 54.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>50255577
>>
>>50255597
Oh, right. ...Still feels strange to put in on a spell though.
>>
>>50255633
Yeah, I know what you mean. But hey, it's new design space for red, so I figured I'd see what I could do with it.

Thoughts on any of the rest of them?
>>
File: Conner Kent Superboy2.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Conner Kent Superboy2.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>50255895
>>50255372
I don't know. Nothing really jumps out at me as being just plain wrong. Though I have to ask how effective CR11 is. The difference between casting it normally and Ambush casting it seem negligible to me. I also don't like how CR14 does nothing to the enchanted creature without the trigger.
>>
File: Maanzetor Mind Eater.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Maanzetor Mind Eater.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Too much self-synergy on one card?

>>50256027
About as exciting as your average Kryptonian, I guess.

I thought Superboy was angsty and stuff, though, not GW.
>>
File: Chato Santana El Diablo.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Chato Santana El Diablo.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>About as exciting as your average Kryptonian, I guess.
Is this supposed to be good or bad? Ugh, I'm blind to this shit. I'll just wait to see what others say.

>I thought Superboy was angsty and stuff, though, not GW.
Sometimes he is. This is the version of him that's just trying to live up to Superman. Also, the colors I use don't always line up with the personality of the characters, I try to make them reflect mechanics more.

>card
Eh, I dunno. Though I feel like it should exile the discarded card from the graveyard, then you get to cast it until end of turn.
>>
File: Duality.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Duality.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Reworked and color changed from >>50246653
>>
>>50256649
>exiled with ~
Seems fun.
>>
>>50256027
>Nothing really jumps out at me as being just plain wrong.
A ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one. Come on, man! What do you think, beyond the purely technical stuff? Are they solid? Are they boring? Would you be excited about a draft with these?
>CR11
Ambush lets you get the mana at (albeit limited) instant speed, but requires more of an investment up front.
>CR14
That's by design, although I'm sorry to hear that you don't like it.
>Superboy
Superman: Activated ability edition. I like it. The abilities are powerful, but the activation costs make them feel like more effort, as opposed to Superman's keywords. Design and flavor win, there.
>>
>>50256610
>Is this supposed to be good or bad? Ugh, I'm blind to this shit. I'll just wait to see what others say.
Neither? The problem is that Kryptonians are beaters with little to no subtlety, so their cards tend to be pretty one-note.

I like that he's a scaled-down version of regular Supes, though, in that he can gain all of his abilities.

>>50256610
I feel like the usage restriction is sort of superfluous. After nine mana and three activations, he's a 16/2 that blasts a creature for 16. That's really not any less egregious than a 32/2 or a 64/2 provided you can somehow pump 12 or 15 mana into an ostensibly aggro 4-drop. After around 10 or so, with regards to damage, the numbers stop mattering as much.

>>50256649
I like it, although I don't know how strong it is.
>>
File: Zauriel of the Eagle Host.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zauriel of the Eagle Host.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>50256723
>Are they boring?
Yes. But then again, I find a lot of commons boring.

>Would you be excited about a draft with these?
I dunno, I'd have to play more Magic. Which I don't want to do, because playing Magic when you're inexperienced fucking sucks. It is the worst thing ever. I might as well ask someone to beat the shit out of me for an hour while I feebly slap at them.

>Superboy
Thanks.

>>50256789
Well, technically Supes has Vigilance, but I feel like adding another keyword to Superboy would just make it crowded. Oh wait, or I could stop being an idiot and just make it a choice of three keywords. Jesus, yeah, I'll do that.

>Diablo
Thanks. Still a bit afraid of it though. Maybe it requires you to discard a card?
>>
File: Offer Tribute.png (258KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Offer Tribute.png
258KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lady Shiva10.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Shiva10.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
It sounded like this design was more or less approved during the last thread, but I just want to make sure.

>>50257475
I'd put the control bit above the upkeep trigger.
>>
File: Arrean Assassin.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arrean Assassin.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50257867
Not really liking this. I know Flash gets used in all colors, but it isn't supposed to be used that often outside of U and G, and of course in case of bugfixes.
>>
File: Hidden Fangs.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Fangs.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>50257867
Reminds me of this I had lying around.
>>
>>50257790
It was that way originally, but I glanced at some other control auras with upkeep effects that have it the other way around. Though looking at it again, the upkeep trigger being above any other effect is only used for actual upkeep and cumulative upkeep costs.
>>
>>50258064
Not him, but it's a colorshifted Ambush Viper. Now, since green does get flash whenever it wants, I can see an argument against it, but since a flash deathtouch creature basically boils down to "destroy target attacking creature" and black gets the most creature removal, there's a case for it.
>>
>>50258096
...Shouldn't the colors be reversed then, since Fight is Green? I mean, you might have to make the token Black, but that's not a huge change.
>>
>>50258126
It also makes it easier to read. The first time I read it, I was a little confused by the wording of the upkeep ability until I read the whole card.

>>50258139
Then there's just as much of a case for Murder in Green.
>>
>>50258149
Black requiring Green to get targeted removal seems much weirder than Green requiring Black to get a fight (that's functionally targeted removal).

But its sort of a weird card that I don't think would ever see print for exactly this reason.
>>
>>50258255
The fact that it uses Fight to do it makes it weird for me to associate it with a B cost.
>>
>>50258192
... no, there really isn't. Ambush Viper only ever got a pass because it was a creature. Black gets creature destroying creatures too. Assassins, anyone? So no, in correct, and false equivalence. Shame on you.
>>
>>50258456
>a flash deathtouch creature basically boils down to "destroy target attacking creature" and black gets the most creature removal, there's a case for it.
This is what you said. Your logic boils down to
>Creatures with Flash and Deathtouch = Creature removal spells
And going by this logic, you say Black should get the former because it has the latter. Then I used your logic to point out how it could be said that Green should get the latter because it has the former.
>>
File: Reclaim From Ashes.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reclaim From Ashes.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50258548
Sure, green can have creature removal spells, as long as that creature has flying. But your logic is flawed, because it assumes there are no OTHER examples or reasons why black gets thing but green does not. Black gets both, so it can have both. Green gets one of the two, so that does not mean it gets to have both, even if a card is made that emulates the effect. Orchard Spirit means green gets flying, right? I mean, it's basically the same? Nope. So no.
>>
>>50258548
>>50258666
Also, since Green got Beast Within, we should just do that willy-nilly too, right? There are steps and degrees to these things, and there's a line in the sand at some point. It's funny too, because green hates flying, but when it got deathtouch fliers, that was a mistake. The only way it's SUPPOSED to have those is with blue. I honestly don't make the rules, but I think we should follow them for the most part. Ambush Viper hasn't seen a reprint, functional or otherwise, so I don't know it's something they think that needs to happen in either color, but given what both colors get, it's fine for both in the end, whereas Hornet Queen was not.
>>
File: Wall Chicken.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wall Chicken.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>50258623
Why bottom? Also, you can't target any of those things you just milled because you have to pick targets beforehand.

Also Red would just straight up pull, it doesn't mill.

>>50258739
"Color bleed edition" is something I've learned to hope that I never see here.
>>
>>50258666
>your logic is flawed
But it's not my logic, it's YOUR logic. YOU are the one who decided to equivalate Flash+Deathtouch with creature removal. I'm not even trying to make Green get creature removal, I'm just pointing out what your logic implies.

>Black gets both, so it can have both
Really? Then show me a mono-Black card with Deathtouch and Flash. Show me one, and your argument will actually have merit.

>>50258739
>there's a line in the sand at some point
Yes, a line that YOU decided to erase, because you said
>a flash deathtouch creature basically boils down to "destroy target attacking creature"
So that line, between a creature with Flash and Deathtouch and "destroy target attacking creature", you erased it, you are the one who decided to do this, not me.

>I honestly don't make the rules
Yet, you're willing to colorshift a card, when doing so means giving a keyword to a color that's not really supposed to use it as it is being used here. Yes, I know you didn't make it, but still.
>>
>>50258837
>Wall Chicken
I had a chuckle.

>color bleed edition
It's a dicey subject because basically, it boils down to: WotC can do whatever they want, and we follow suit. Some chasms are pretty narrow, so leaping them as a custom card maker isn't too dangerous, but some are pretty wide and shouldn't be challenged. If one of us made New Phyrexia instead of WotC, for example, the thread would have crucified them most likely. But now, if we try to do something like that, it gets more of a pass.
>>
File: Michael Lane Azrael3.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Lane Azrael3.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
This is supposed to work with these >>50244397 plus another Equipment I'm still working on, but I wanted it to be more flexible than just tutoring three Equipment. Good, bad?

>>50258837
>"Color bleed edition" is something I've learned to hope that I never see here.
And yet we see color bleed all the time. I think the best way to go about that is through actually colorshifting pre-existing cards, since it seems to make the creator put at least some sort of thought into justifying it. Though I could be wrong. There was one guy who get pissed when he learned that Blue could generate mana for specific Blue-related purposes, like artifacts, and just started generalizing it to mean that Blue could make mana just like Red or Green.
>>
File: Heartbreak.png (299KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Heartbreak.png
299KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50258867
This bickering is pointless, because you're just going to keep ignoring that black can do both things, but green cannot, and there is no line in the dirt with black because it gets both effects, end of story. So if you really want some arbitration, go ask MaRo. His blog is right over there.

>>50259024
>Azrael
Seems fine to me.

>getting mad about blue making mana for artifacts and "blue things"
Jesus Christ how horrifying. It's one thing to not agree with something but it's another to just straight up live in denial that WotC allows things and doesn't consider them design mistakes, ergo, they are okay.
>>
>>50259082
1UU
Put target creature on top of its owner's library.
Target player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
>>
>>50259107
>Moshi moshi, bait desu.
We've been down this road, but here' your (You).
>>
>>50259126
but blue can do both things!
>>
File: Aethersink Helmet.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aethersink Helmet.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>50259024
My gut feeling with these is always "Search your library for a Batterskull..." but it IS a five-drop with no evasion and a mediocre body. Probably fine. Do you have the Equipment that gets slapped on him? I hope to god there's no hard evasion in it.

>card
Speaking of Equipment, lets all be Spellskite.
>>
>>50259156
>not some kind of lightning rod helmet
Funky Symbol Anon pls.
>>
File: Suit of Sorrows.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Suit of Sorrows.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50259082
>black can do both things
Look, one of those things is a creature with Deathtouch and Flash. If you can't show that Black gets this, then it obviously can't do both things. Yeah, Black sometimes gets Flash, but does it get it for the purpose of blocking with a Flashed creature? Not really, which is why I don't think Black gets both things here. But we should probably just drop it for the sake of the thread, since I doubt either of us will convince the other sometime before the heat death of the universe.

>Azrael
Wow, that's amazing, first try and it's OK. Cool, thanks.

>Jesus Christ how horrifying.
Now, I do disagree sometimes with Wizards, like exile-Polymorph, but I can't really find fault in Blue making mana that can only be used for Blue-related things. And unfortunately, I don't have the card with me, but he got so upset he made a card to that was, I think, basically a Blue ritual. Kinda a shame, the art was actually pretty cool. Guy in a diving suit drilling into the ocean floor, I think.

>>50259156
>Do you have the Equipment that gets slapped on him? I hope to god there's no hard evasion in it.
Still working on it, and it's called Suit of Sorrows. It won't have evasion at all, it'll just buff him. Actually, I'm kinda having trouble with it. Flavor is it makes the wearer super strong, but drives him insane too. I was thinking maybe an undercosted +N/+N with the "When this becomes unattached, sac the creature" ability, or maybe a discard or lifeloss upkeep trigger. Any ideas? This is the latest version of it. Admittedly, I haven't worked on it very much.

>card
Seems like fun.

>>50259178
>Funky Symbol Anon
LMAO. I think in one of the last few thread, he was called Rosemary anon or something. He should give us a name to call him by or we're going to keep giving him really weird names based on a set symbol apparently nobody can make heads or tails of.
>>
>>50259362
Reminds me of the Demonmail a bit.
>>
>>50259178
>>50259362
I think it was "Rosette Tooth anon", which I thought was fitting. It's not a tooth, but its not really anything either, so I'm not sure. I see a little (headless) person in my symbol, and I think I've posted where it comes from before.

I'm fine with Tooth Anon, I guess. In my head I'm Weeb Anon.

This was a new idea for a set symbol I was tossing around in my head (inb4 Jew Anon, Triforce Anon, etc.), but figured the confusion wasn't worth it.
>>
File: Awkwardly Discovered.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Awkwardly Discovered.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
>>50259938
Helps if I remember my card.
>>
File: G commons.jpg (1MB, 1875x1569px) Image search: [Google]
G commons.jpg
1MB, 1875x1569px
>>50259938
>>50259950
Set symbols and their meanings only matter for sets and related cards, honestly. A mess of one-shots don't require a symbol, since there's nothing tying them together. If the symbol isn't readily apparent but it's for a cohesive group of cards, then I'd be interested to know what it means, but if it's just something you like or that looks good, then it's just this thread's version of tripfagging. Some people like to know who's making the cards they're looking at, so it's fine.

>card
Seems fine. I like serious cards that are also a bit funny.

>pic
Green commons. Thanks to anyone who takes a peek. A few thoughts:
>Orchard Tender
I wanted to make a green version of Vile Rebirth since green can use cards in the yard to do things too. Not sure it's costed properly though.
>Woods Witch
Worried about this being too good.
>Veteran Conscripts
I think this is okay, but I'm a bit leery of large creatures at common.
>>
File: patners 2.jpg (219KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
patners 2.jpg
219KB, 1125x523px
>>
>>50260632
Not sure if intended, but Ruslor and Qualem are a nonbo. Players aren't forced to pay costs, even if that creature "must attack or block each turn if able."
>>
>>50260128
Woods witch should be fine, it has plenty of drawbacks.

CG06 could use trample on the token I feel.

Otherwise, nothing else stands out.
>>
>>50260128
CG11 Show of Strength
Wizards uses greatest/least over highest/lowest.

CG12 Corrode
Undercosted. I mean I know Fragmentize exists and hits just about everything regardless of "4" somehow being a limitation, but vanilla enchantment and artifact destruction is basically a 1G/W kind of deal.

CG13 Lutomancy
Feels really odd with the two abilities as neither of them really interact or are even related.
Also "is" is used instead of "becomes". The latter is used for being tapped by any method, whereas the former is referencing a specific event/ability. So far, I think "land is tapped for mana" is the only instance that this occurs.

Nothing else seems to jump out at me.
>>
>>50260896
I was worried about the token getting trample, but I'll slap it on there if it's no big deal. Thanks anon.

>>50261026
>CG11
I just realized I screwed this card up; I intended it to be a Lure effect instead of just a block requirement. But obviously it would have to be more expensive, and possibly not be able to be common anymore. Not too sure how to cost it though... 2G?
>CG12
It's also sorcery speed, so I figured that was also a drawback.
>CG13
The mana is meant to be a "cantrip" instead of draw, because I thought that a card would be too much. I figured scry on a land was too good for G, but too little for 1G, but a card would do too much for you, so I went with mana. I'm open to suggestions.

Wording fixes were made, thanks. Kinda mad I made those mistakes because I should know better. Was textbook stuff too. Oh well. Appreciate it.
>>
>>50259938
>>50260128
Also, I'm down with you telling us to call you whatever you want to be called. Forgot to mention that, but I'm tired.
>>
>>50261073
Roar of challenge is the most recent example, so go off that.
>>
>>50261102
... how do I keep missing these damn cards? I search these terms and then someone always comes up with something I missed. Dammit.

Upon consideration, I think I might just change the card. I need land ramp and Lure effects really belong at uncommon because they can lead to blowouts.
>>
>>50260632
>Werewolf
I'm not sure this is much better, but yeah, Wizards really dropped the ball with him, and Ludevic in my opinion. Anyway, I think a Werewolf lord legend should do the Immerwolf thing at least.
>>
File: 1475885885332.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1475885885332.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>50260632
>>50262245
Also, as the other anon pointed out, the RW one can't force anyone to pay the WB one's ability. You could change it so the WB has a player lose 1 life whenever a creature he or she controls attacks or blocks, which works just fine. And... hmm, how expensive would it be to change it so the lifeloss only affects players who attack you or block you? That would make the combo very interesting in Commander, since it would encourage opponents to kill each other more.

Anyway, RW would probably be worded better like this
>All creatures have vigilance and haste.
>All creatures attack or block each combat if able.
I feel like it just makes it easier to read this way. Also, "each combat" since that's what Wizards is doing now (the old wording only forces an attack/block on the first combat of a turn, and extra combat phases get around that).
>>
File: 1477982277661.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1477982277661.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
I need to stop with all these Death Strikers.

>>50260128
Hey, didn't you say something about liking G the least?

>CG01
>CG04
I don't know how to judge these

>CG02
Seems dangerous. Good idea to give it low power. Unsure if balanced.

>CG03
>CG08
>CG10
>CG14
Eh.

>CG05
Maybe
>Sources your opponents control with a lower converted mana cost than this permanent can't target it.

>CG06
Seems fine. But "Destritaur?" I thought I was reading something in Deutsch. Was ist das?

>CG07
Unsure about this. Probably fine with the cost being so high though.

>CG09
Pretty "Eh", though I take issue with the typeline. What about these guys makes them Mercs if they're conscripts? Soldiers fight for a nation, Mercs fight for a check.

>CG11
I think you can say
>If it has the greatest power among creatures you control
Since "greatest power" is a value that can apply to multiple creatures at once, and this just checks if it's one of them. I don't like this card, though I find it hard to put into words why.

>CG12
...On a purely technical level, I think this could work, but looking at the cards Wizards has made, it seems that they don't like seeing this effect at such a low cost, likely due to its flexibility. It's up to you, but I would either add a restriction or downside, or up the cost, if even just slightly, and add an upside.

>CG13
I think it's OK.

>CGw01
Did your other off-color cards use hybrid mana? I can't remember, but if they didn't, why does this? I feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of making it off-color. Also, I feel like the art could be better. It looks like the beginning of a campaign and the players just got their weapons. The Rogue is pleased with her dagger, but the Ranger doesn't understand why she got a longsword.

Also, is this a multicolor set? I forgot.

Also also, if you wish, I can add your in-progress MSE file to the PasteBin for /ccg/ sets, in the WIP section, of course.
>>
File: Lurking Animosity.png (271KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lurking Animosity.png
271KB, 375x523px
Does this work?
>>
>>50264268
No. Because the Aura will be put into a graveyard before the ability resolves. Easier to just make a token. But if you really wanted, you could return the Aura to the battlefield after it dies as the creature instead of making a token.

Also, the proper wording is
>When enchanted creature dies,
>>
>>50264311
Thanks, I'll get the wording updated.

>When enchanted creature dies, return Lurking Animosity to the battlefield from the graveyard and Lurking Animosity becomes
or
>When enchanted creature dies, return Lurking Animosity to the battlefield from the graveyard as a...
>>
>>50264268
a better version of this card would probably be

Lurking Animosity 1b
bestow 3bb
menace 3/1
Enchanted creature gets +3/+1 and Menace
>>
>>50264268
Hust use bestow
Bestow (cost) (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
>>
>>50264472
>>50264485
I was trying to avoid that. It's meant to be a reference to the old sleeping enchantments, like lurking evil. I'll give bestow a try, though.
>>
>>50264546
You could make it like Blood Mist.
>At the beginning of combat on your turn, if ~ is an enchantment, target creature you control gets +3/+1 and gains menace until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, ~ becomes a 3/1 creature with menace.
>>
>>50263813
G is my weakest color, yeah. I never have any ideas for it, but these went pretty easily all told.

>CG02
I thought it would be an interesting way to let green predate on itself, since it cares so much about high power. It kinda feels white with what it ultimately does though, so not sure if okay, but I figured the complexity and everything was fine at common and I love me some "new" commons.

>CG03, 08, 10, 14
I'll take that as a good sign.

>CG05
Hm. I wanted to keep the reminder text as close to hexproof as possible, but yours is shorter. I'll try it, then I can go back and change it if need be.

>CG06
Tried to get funky with the name since "Centaur Herdcaller" felt generic, but eh, I went generic on everything else, so I guess it looks weird.

>CG09
I should redo the flavor text to better illustrate that they WERE conscripts, but through the atrocity of combat are the stragglers and survivors that banded together and, so far from home, decided to try to earn enough money to pay off the right people to be able to go back. I wrote it when I was tired, and it's good for something else, but not for this card. I might change the name too, not sure. Or, since there's a Mercenary faction, they could use impressment to recruit, like everyone else does. Either way.

>CG11
This got removed and changed to land ramp. Pic related

>CG12
I could add an upside. Maybe mana gen, since ramp is actually pretty scarce in green right now. Make it like Deconstruct. I might make it scale off the CMC of the thing it destroys, not sure. Since it's a multicolor set, I may make it "add one mana of any color to your mana pool" to help with that.

>CGw01
Yeah, I don't like this card ultimately. Having slept on it I am going to redo it. And the art was the best I could find; it's hard to find art of a soldier making a farmer leave for war.

>pastebin
If you want. I don't have much confidence I'll finish it, but go ahead.
>>
File: CG11 Frontier March.png (253KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CG11 Frontier March.png
253KB, 375x523px
>>50265105
>forgot pic
Still tired I guess.
>>
File: Forgotten Soldiers Sword.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Forgotten Soldiers Sword.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>50263813
>Seems dangerous. Good idea to give it low power. Unsure if balanced.
Of course by low power, I meant low toughness.

>I'll take that as a good sign.
Well, it's more or less how I feel about most commons.

>CG09
Or just reflavor them as hardy survivors. BTW, Survivor is a creature type. (Varchild's War-Riders makes Survivor tokens)
>inb4 "Mercenaries aren't Green, REEEEE!"

>CG11
It's annoying when you forget the pic. It's funny when it happens to someone else.

>CG12
So, a Naturalize version of Plasm Capture? Sounds like an interesting idea. Now I want to see a BG version that kills a creature and converts it into mana. Hmm, but if it did scale, I don't think it would be common material anymore. Still sounds like a good idea though. Maybe save the design for a later slot.

>CGw01
Well, I wish I could suggest something, but I keep thinking a farmer should do something with lands, but White doesn't really do that. Well, I guess maybe tutor for a Plains? Maybe lifegain?

>PasteBin
It's up to you, though to be honest, I probably jumped the gun, since I haven't even seen anything in this set beyond common mono-color cards.

>>50265158
I feel like this does too much, even with the restrictions. I think it's good that it can net you multiple basic lands though, if it's a multicolor set.

By the way, have you considered Domain?

And your art for Corrode reminds me of this that I made. I was trying to make it uncommon, but that obviously didn't work out.
>>
File: CGw01 Warhound.png (268KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CGw01 Warhound.png
268KB, 375x523px
>>50265864
>CG09
I just removed the Merc component. My reasons were that each color had two mercs, but I gave green three for some reason. So, now it has two.

>CG12
I cost it 2/GG, and made it return one mana of any color. Should be fine that way.

>CGw01
New card entirely.

>Frontier March
See Mulch, for my basis for the card itself. I could scale it back from 5 cards to 4 though, if it's a problem. I figured an extra mana would let you drop one tapped.

>Domain
I have, actually. I am loathe to go back and insert it though, considering I have done all this work already. Still, it's not too late, and it could add flavor to the set as a whole, since it really is about 5color vs 5color. I'll take another look at it and see if I can fit it anywhere. Some cards might benefit from the rework.

>card
Yeah, this could possibly be uncommon if you increased the cost of the token a little. 2B might do it. It's really the issue that the token is so efficiently costed, to me anyway.
>>
File: Sword of the Samurai.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sword of the Samurai.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>50266469
>Frontier March
I guess it just feels kinda clunky to me, the implementation of it. Maybe add "Then you may put a basic land card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped"?

>Domain
Sorry to hear that. Well, I only thought of it for that one card due to how it looked at basic lands, and I was thinking of interacting with basic land types. So I'm not gonna be heartbroken or anything if you don't use it.

>Forgotten Soldier's Sword
Ironically, it was at 3 previously. And here's another one I did. Same problem. Hmm, is there anything that can do this sort of stuff in comics? Excalibur maybe.

>CGw01
Seems fine, though I'd choose art that focused on the warhound and not the woman and horse behind it.
>>
>>50255372
>>50246897
I almost never review your cards timeanon, because they usually look great and finished from the start and I don't feel like there's much I could add. I like these, and the new set is looking cool.
>>
>>50266569
I could change it to just putting a land from your hand onto the field tapped. It might clean things up a bit, yeah.

>Domain
I'm not against it. I'll see what I can do. I don't even have to use it that much; Conflux only had 10 domain cards in the whole set, so I could get away with that number or less. I'll scour the commons and see if there's anything I can do with it. I haven't done the five multicolor commons yet so maybe I will make them all domain cards for flavor purposes as well.

>CGw01
Hey man, you find art. It's hard sometimes. I wanted to show the Hound, the officer, and the army behind her to emphasize the set as a whole. I will see what I can do about zooming in more on the mutt. I at least put him front-and-center.

>sword
I feel like the token gen on the sword here needs to cost white mana. The token having Vigilance really makes it feel awkward otherwise.
>>
>>50266875
Actually I take that back; Conflux was a small set so 10 is a low number. Might not be too low, though. Again, we'll see.
>>
File: Arthur Curry Aquaman11.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur Curry Aquaman11.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
Why is it so hard for me to make an Aquaman card that justifies having Blue in the cost?
>>
>>50246897
>CB06
This seems a bit weak to me, but not every draft common has to be good.
>CB07
I don't really agree with this design, since black isn't really a ritual color anymore. I'd rather see a creature sac as part of the cost if you keep it though.

>CB09
Why does this pinprick you?

>CB11
This is much better for a black "ritual".

>CB12
I really like this.

>CB13
This is also pretty clever.

>CB14
Not a fan of black making small flier tokens; that's white and blue's job. Only way I can see it is on Vampire cards for the purposes of making Bats to do Vampire things with.

>>50255372
>CR02
I feel like this could just deal 1 damage to creatures opponents control, given that a card that does that is only 1R, and has an additional benefit.

>CR03
>red reach
Well, it's happening according to Kaladesh, so... bring it on.

>CR05
I'm amused how similar this is to a card in my set with the same art in the same color, and at the same CMC. Mine doesn't do lifelink though.

>CR07
Didn't they make this drawback white with the Pegasus? It's not a huge deal.

>CR09
Also amusingly similar to a card I did, though also different enough. I got rid of my version though. I thought you were using Escalate to enable the CMC5 thing, so seeing it on cards that can't make that mark feels odd. I almost wonder if you should have gone with Strive instead.

>CR10
Grenko is a hell of a gateway drug.

>CR11
This is kinda strange.

>CR13
I like red enchantments that do this, so I like this in turn. Good use of Evoke. I wonder if there are any tricks you can do with it since it's still sorcery speed considering the First strike. I dunno if there are any cards that let you abuse that fact.
>>
>>50267317
Because... I don't know. Also I just thought of something. You've added creature types for Kryptonians and stuff, so why not Atlanteans? Did you make Amazon a creature type too? Making him an Atlantean might help make you feel like you don't need to make him blue. Just because blue uses Islands for mana it doesn't mean blue = water. Color comes first. Red gets all kinds of ice elemental damage effects, so I wouldn't get too hung up on colors equating to elements.
>>
>>50246897
>>50255372

>>50267461 covered most of what I had to say, but CB13 is something to watch in terms of removal as 2 for 1's at common are really good. especially that cheap. CR11 I feel could actually have just R for the ambush cost as it's limited to combat and therefore lacks a lot of appeal for combo.
>>
File: Humble.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Humble.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>50267506
>You've added creature types for Kryptonians and stuff, so why not Atlanteans? Did you make Amazon a creature type too? Making him an Atlantean might help make you feel like you don't need to make him blue.
>why not Atlanteans? [...] you don't need to make him blue.
>Atlanteans
...Wow. I've been working on this set for... jesus, it's looking like nearly two years now. And I never thought of that. A simple solution that solves a problem that's been plaguing me for who knows how long now. Thanks. And yes, I did make Amazon a creature type. I even posted a few Amazon cards in the thread, >>50244598, >>50244824, and >>50244879.
>>
>>50267317
You justify it because he's fucking Aquaman

Merfolk are blue because they're fish people, Aquaman rules fish and assorted fish people
>>
File: Arthur Curry Aquaman13.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur Curry Aquaman13.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>50268289
Yeah, and that's the problem. Practically all of my designs were never really Blue, they used effects of other colors, usually White, and Aquaman was only ever Blue because he was a Merfolk.

OK, so, new version. Like a few of the iterations I've done, I tried to focus more on his role as the king of Atlantis than talking to Fish. Though I might throw that in later.
>>
File: Squallcaller.png (240KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Squallcaller.png
240KB, 375x523px
>>50268257
>Amazons
That was a rhetorical question. But I'm glad I could help. It might help with making the other characters too, as well as maybe Namor and his ilk.

>>50268289
This brings up what I know has been your other problem: what Aquaman should actually DO. I dunno if I care for >>50267317. I really think you should just go whole-hog on the "oceanic" creature types; Serpent, Squid, Kraken, Fish, Octopus, Starfish, etc etc. Have him give you control of all of those types when he ETBs until he LTBs, and maybe an anthem or some other thing (those types cost less to cast). I mean honestly, he does what he does in the comics, and the idea of him assfucking Starro is amusing to me. No sense in fighting what and who he is. Since he's mind-controlling things, blue fits, boom, done.

>>50268474
... or you could do this. Focusing on Arthur the King, this card works.

Compare to Captain of the Watch. She makes more tokens up front, being a 3/3 then dropping three 1/1s that she makes into 2/2s, for 4WW, so a total of 9/9 in bodies for 6 mana. Arthur here is hardier in combat, and gives a more useful anthem, but he doesn't make any bodies the turn he drops. However, it's easier to be safe with him and make a 2/2 on your opponent's next turn, which nets you a 3/3 first striker at the end of the day. So after a successful block, he gets you a total of 7/7 worth of bodies with first strike, which is arguably more oppressive than 9/9 worth of vigilance. He might be okay, all told.
>>
>>50268751
>Aquaman
Thanks. The water tribal interaction I think I'll put on a card that isn't a character. I've tried it a few times before, and I don't care for how wordy it is.

>Squallcaller
Strange, but it seems cool. Good job... uh, Claw anon.
>>
File: Talk to Fish.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Talk to Fish.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>50268474
>>50268751
>>50269356
Tried to include every nonsapient ocean-dwelling animal that isn't exclusive to Magic. Tell me if I'm missing anything.
>>
File: World Bauble.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
World Bauble.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
I'm not sure if this is under costed. It's effectively a mana ramp on turn 3, with filtering.
>>
>>50271840
You always search for cards, so its a "basic land card". Also, this causes a ton of shuffling, and is only "good" if people can find a way to break it (Target fetch, hold priority, crack fetch, get a free land.)
>>
File: Batmobile.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Batmobile.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Bump. No changes, just need more feedback.
>>
File: Spellcrusher Behemoth.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spellcrusher Behemoth.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>50273553
I think it really really really wants to be a vehicle.
>>
File: Practiced Pyromancer.png (318KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Practiced Pyromancer.png
318KB, 375x523px
>>50244287
>>
File: Protagonists Guts.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Protagonists Guts.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>50274018
>failing at basic English punctuation rules

I swear to god I have a degree. I'm college educated. I just can't English for whatever reason.

>>50274047
>red mana dork
Questionable. Very very questionable.
>>
File: Forcewatchers Scale.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Forcewatchers Scale.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>50274018
Should be dragon spellshaper or dragon wizard.
>>
File: Reclaim From Ashes.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reclaim From Ashes.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>50258837
>why bottom?
It makes it different enough from normal mill that people won't be too mad about red getting mill, and it could be argued it represents red reaching to reveal people's surpassed and hidden feelings (Library = mind, bottom = most secret thoughts) in some strange attempt to free their emotions or something.
>>
>>50274522
The thing is that red hardly interacts with the graveyard at all and the action of milling basically represents losing memories/forgetting stuff in a rather forceful manner.

That aside, the abilities you have on this card are worded strangely. Look at Tasigur as an example.
>Return an Instant or Sorcery card of target opponent's choice from your graveyard to your hand.
or another way:
>Target opponent chooses a creature card in your graveyard. Return that card from your graveyard to the battlefield. At the beginning of the next end step, sacrifice it.
>>
>>50274615
I was trying to give the wording a way to work with the cards not having to already be in the graveyard. Thank you for the suggested changes.
Also I could see red erasing memories or ruining minds. Red is all about burning things and thoughts and memories are just another thing to burn.
>>
File: Daydream Invoker.png (300KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Daydream Invoker.png
300KB, 375x523px
>>50274702
Red has that already; it can now impulse draw other people's stuff in addition to its own, a la Grenzo. I could also see red impulse drawing BOTH players at the same time, maybe.

>>50274460
I'd imagine a prowess equipment would be cheapish, since it requires outside input to do anything.

>>50274058
Legit.

>>50274047
Watch your card names. Also, red does do rituals, but not really dorks. If you want this to make mana, you need it to do something other than tap, I think. Saccing mountains would be something. I'd thing you could cost it to tap, sac a mountain, and add RR to your mana pool perhaps.

>>50273553
I agree this would make a good vehicle, but I know you're not doing non-evergreen stuff, so it's fine. Why does it only ping blockers though?
>>
>>50275049
>Exile half your library for the chance to cast a single card for 8
I mean, I know Invokers are huge mana sinks, but they're not that bad.
>>
>>50275438
You know, you're right, it's a badly designed card. 8 mana means you're not getting mana to cast the damn card. It's what I get for designing while tired. I actually don't think there's much I could do to fix it, all things considered. At least not how it is. Sometimes, the derp is strong with me.
>>
File: Daydream Invoker.png (294KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Daydream Invoker.png
294KB, 375x523px
>>50275438
>>50275499
Here's a version that works, and it can even keep the name. I wish I could delete the old one; it's a bit embarassing.
>>
File: Steamflogger Runt.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Steamflogger Runt.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>50274018
Well, it'll have to really, really, really hope that Vehicles become evergreen then.

>card
Not the first time I've seen this. Honestly, 1URG, T seems like it should just counter any spell with no downside. And it kinda sucks how it has to tap the Behemoth. Maybe get rid of the tap, and it gets a +1/+1 counter if the spell is countered?

>>50274047
I've always Red to get access to artifact-only mana generation like Blue has.

>>50274460
I've actually been trying to make a Prowess Equipment. I'll probably post it later.

>>50274522
It's still milling, albeit differently. I honestly don't even think it needs it. And why does it do creature recursion? Since when has Red done that... uh, what is your set symbol supposed to be?

>>50275049
>Why does it only ping blockers though?
Because I looked at Nahiri's Machinations for wording, and decided to throw it in. Not the best method, I know, but I liked how it could be used to represent the guns on the Batmobile. I was also kind of afraid about making the ping too good. Keeping the cost and damage where it is, would it be OK to change it to hit attacking or blocking creatures?

>>50275591
>Daydream Invoker
Does it form a mirrored pair with Daydream Believer? Jokes aside, the ability seems much better now. Also, who are you? Like the other anon, I don't recognize your set symbol.
>>
File: Curse of Staring Daggers.png (309KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Curse of Staring Daggers.png
309KB, 375x523px
RED
>>
File: Katarina Armstrong3.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Katarina Armstrong3.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
I honestly don't like the body on this, but I was encouraged by another anon to make the card more expensive. Might change the ability to a tap ability with a mana cost, spread the total cost out a bit.

>>50277028
I honestly don't know how to cost this. Sorry. I guess it's OK because it discourages casting more than one spell a turn, like the White curse. Though that one was 2WW...
>>
File: Halt The Pendulum.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Halt The Pendulum.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Card C6 Crushing Contraption.png (350KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card C6 Crushing Contraption.png
350KB, 375x523px
>>50277028
cool idea, maybe bump the cost up a fair bit as that sort of damage could add up very quickly
>>
>>50280059
This is beyond stupid and oppressive. Also, art taken, Walk the Aeons.

>>50280125
No. You already got feedback for this. Use it.
>>
>>50280220
I've never posted Crushing contraption before. Has it already been posted?

Ok I'll change the art work, is there anyway to improve Halt the Pendulum? I was thinking using it in a chaos commander deck
>>
File: Wolverines.jpg (135KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverines.jpg
135KB, 750x523px
I kinda hate these guys. I want them to be more interactive than "never block these things, ever."

>>50280251
>I've never posted Crushing contraption before. Has it already been posted?
Obviously.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50111054/#50148895

>is there anyway to improve Halt the Pendulum?
Off the top of my head? No. The problem with it is that it wouldn't be too hard to manipulate it and use land destruction to completely fuck your opponents and leave them with no lands, allowing you to easily beat them to death at your leisure. Explain to me what exactly you're trying to do with this, and I'll see if I can help.
>>
>>50280474
thats not me, just glad that someone else posted it.

Played a game agains a crazy chaos deck with loads of land swapping and all sorts of things going off. So I though of the idea of all players suddenly getting a huge power surge
>>
>>50280584
How does this do that? First, it does nothing straight away, second, it stalls the game by preventing players from playing lands, third, everyone will already know what they're going to get when it finally does leave the battlefield.

Maybe I just don't understand what you're saying.
>>
File: tumblr_nzhdc8VNXX1qb5gkjo1_400.jpg (25KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzhdc8VNXX1qb5gkjo1_400.jpg
25KB, 312x445px
>>
>>50271840
>Shuffle target land you control
make it "put target land you control on the bottom of your library"

it's very strong but it's within reason.if you want to fix some dangerous interactions you may say " become untapped for the first time each turn"
>>
>>50281427
Closer, but it should be
>its owner's library
because you can gain control of a land you don't own.
>>
File: Geomancy.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Geomancy.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>50281427
It shouldn't target at all if you want it to be "fair." There's a reason Karoo lands don't target.

>>50280059
Besides the oppression issue /co/anon pointed out, it doesn't leave the battlefield on its own, so there's no guarantee it will. If your opponent isn't maindecking enchantment hate, too bad, no lands for them!

Also, you have to force a reveal in order to guarantee that each player is complying with "Exile all land cards from his or her hand."

Gave me this idea though.

>>50280988
Eight fucking bears would be a 16/16 though. Beats Emrakul. Checkmate, Eldrazifags.
>>
File: Eschaton.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eschaton.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
I have this idea for a cycle of gods inspired by the Evoke mechanic from Lorwyn block.
If your devotion is less than 7, these gods play more or less like sorcery spells; they ETB, pop off an ability, and die. But if your devotion is 7 or greater, you get an indestructable brick to go along with your splashy ability.
>>
>>50281885
>Eight fucking bears would be a 16/16 though.
http://magic--the--memeing.tumblr.com/post/134629649033/ojutai-ravnican-sarkhan-volkswagen
>>
>>50281889
5 CMC is the going rate for board wipes these days. A conditional 5/5 Indestructible probably would start at 6. See Descend upon the Sinful.

>>50281903
Goddamnit old Magic and their weird uses of plurals. Runeclaw Bear is a 2/2 and is just a single bear. As is Bear Cub. Maybe they get weaker with age.
>>
>>50281889
Also I just realized that destroying all your other creatures will probably hose your devotion, making this much harder than you think to actually survive.
>>
>>50281978
...That honestly hadn't occurred to me.

Well, I could raise the cost and change it to 'destroy all non-white creatures' but I don't really like that...
I could raise the cost further so that it only destroys creatures that opponent's control?
Or I could just lower the devotion?
>>
>>50282064
Or just flip the order of the effects.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, if your devotion to white is less than seven, sacrifice it. Then destroy all creatures.
>>
File: Burst into Flames.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Burst into Flames.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>50257867
I didn't realize this would cause so much drama.
>>
>>50284607
Most people don't.

>card
Eh, seems fine, could be wrong.
>>
File: Trinket Thief.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Trinket Thief.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50284825
Not sure how I feel about this. I think Blue, and maybe White, should have the hardest time getting Gold because neither is really associated with mana gen (outside artifacts for Blue) or Gold. Maybe if there were sone requirement.
>>
>>50284932
it could exile an artifact from the yard, a la vile rebirth
>>
File: Merchant Freighter.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Merchant Freighter.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>50284932
True, maybe they should stick to uncommon for azorius gold producers.
>>
>>50285447
Pirate Anon is that you?
>>
>>50285569
Sorry I'm not the anon who made the pirate set in the op.
>>
File: UB04 Glowering Envoy.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UB04 Glowering Envoy.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50266786
Well, that's simultaneously flattering and frustrating. First of all, thank you. For the record, I welcome any and all feedback. It all helps me to improve.
>>50267461
>CB07
It was actually intended to be more of a colorshifted Elvish Aberration.
>CB09
Because black, basically.
>CB14
Eye tokens (as 1/1 fliers) are already an established part of the block. It's too late for me to turn back now.
>CR07
That downside shows up in both red and white in modern design, from what I could find.
>I thought you were using Escalate to enable the CMC5 thing
I am, but I don't push every escalate card into that role. Other cards can fill those slots as well, which I think helps to add flexibility and variability to the cardpool in the block, which in turn helps to prevent things from becoming trite and stale.
>>50267961
I'll keep those things in mind.

Thank you all for the feedback.
>>
>>50285447
A friendly tip: export your cards to .png instead of .jpg so they don't get so artifacty. It's worth the increased file size, I think.

I'm waiting for them to keyword Gold tokens like this. I'm surprised it's not a mechanic they've revisited.

>>50285569
>Pirate Anon
He's long abandoned us, I think. Honestly it feels like Timeanon is too; I don't think he posts anything but card walls and reactions to feedback on them anymore.
>>
>>50285668
>>50285703
>that timing tho
>>
>>50285703
>I don't think he posts anything but card walls and reactions to feedback on them anymore.
I review cards separately from posts about my own, but I am far less active than I used to be and than I'd like to be. That's because of my real-life obligations at the moment; I've recently married, I'm in the midst of a master's program, and I'm student teaching. Once things settle down for me, I'm hoping to get back to being more active in the threads.
>>50285753
I know, right?
>>
>>50285789
I know you're busy, Timeanon. I'm just pointing it out. People come and go; it happens. It's a bit odd that you don't attach feedback to your card posts, but eh, to each their own. RL first man.
>>
>>50285899
It's because I do them at separate times. If I'm on to post cards or respond to feedback, it's usually during my downtime where I have a chance to work on my projects. Otherwise, I'm usually on my phone between obligations, reviewing cards and slipping in posts when/where I can.
>>
File: Hoarfrost Invoker.png (259KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hoarfrost Invoker.png
259KB, 375x523px
The idea of two-color Invokers appeals to me. I might do a cycle of them for fun. I don't know why but I really like Invokers as a theme. The notion of a "common bomb" really tickles me and I think most of them aren't as pushed as they should be. Dawnglare is basically the best one, by far.

>>50284607
Probably fine, but I'm wagering you could drop the Flashback cost to 5RR.

>>50281889
>Devoke
Interesting idea. I think this should cost more, but the notion of a cycle of "Fleeting Gods" is really cool. Looking forward to seeing more.

>>50281885
Neat idea, but I would either increase the casting cost, or make the sac have a mana cost alongside it. That, or make them ETB tapped.
>>
>>50286025
Seems more like an uncommon to me, based on both its draft power-level and its complexity. I like the design, though, and multicolored invokers are a cool concept definitely worth some exploration.
>>
>>50286122
At 8 mana though (10 for that one to work properly) you should be getting something strong to win you the game. I guess I could see it being uncommon, but them being common is part of the draw for me, so I'm a bit loathe to move them up. I guess there'd be an expectation for two-color Invokers to be a bit more impressive, so maybe uncommon is the best spot for that. We'll see how things go as I work on the cycle.
>>
>>50286368
>At 8 mana though (10 for that one to work properly) you should be getting something strong to win you the game.
Exactly. And cards of that power most likely shouldn't be at common.
>>
>>50286382
I guess that's why most Invokers are so lackluster. Alright, I'm convinced. Uncommon it is.
>>
File: Astral Guardian.png (184KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Guardian.png
184KB, 375x523px
>>50286025
>Interesting idea. I think this should cost more, but the notion of a cycle of "Fleeting Gods" is really cool. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks. Part of the problem with fleshing out this cycle though is just fluffing it. It's very much a bottom-up design, but I'm not sure how to flavor it.
>>
>>50286817
Semicolon between flash and flying, since flash usually gets its own line. Put the sac clause at the end, and the exile clause as the first thing that happens, since that'd be the order of operations.
>>
>>50286879
Thanks!
>>
File: Call of the Netherworld.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Call of the Netherworld.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>50286879
Semicolons only when you include reminder text for one of those keywords. Flash and flying always get two separate lines, because they're two different "kinds" of (static, keyworded) abilities. One functions in the hand/stack, the other functions on the battlefield.

>card
Council's Judgment or something.
>>
>>50286966
No, I think it has to do with the type of keyword (flash being something that affects the casting of the card, defender being a drawback, so unusual from other keywords) because Skyhunter Prowler is a thing, and it uses the standard comma. I think Defender is just classified differently than other keywords, so they use the semicolon like they do with flash.

>card
Seems fine to me. You should be able to get rid of any single creature at 5 mana.
>>
>>50287239
Not him, but did you even bother to look on Oracle? Everything he said is accurate, if there's a line of keywords and not all of them get reminder text, yes, semicolons are used to separate them. If all of them get reminder text, you just use commas like normal, just look at the G Mirri card.
>>
>>50287239
Defender is regarded the same as normal evergreen keywords and often shares the same typeline with other keywords, separated by just a comma.

Flash always gets its own line. The exception to this being Angel of Salvation.
The use of semicolons seems to be restricted specifically when using reminder text on a same-level keyword ability, yet the reminder text only being relevant to one keyword.
Other examples of this are Dust Elemental, Aether Membrane, and Traproot Kami.
>>
>>50287239
>defender being a drawback
I just want to point out that on all the cards with a semicolon and Defender have reminder text for Reach, not Defender. Seriously, it would've taken you so little time to look up the Oracle text, but you'd rather make yourself look like a fool. And I don't care at this point if this comes off as being harsh, you earned this.
>>
File: Slapshot.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Slapshot.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>50287352
Angel of Salvation is an odd one because my first response was to say "They're both cast modifiers, so they go together!"

But if you look at other cast modifies, its all over the place. Convoke comes at the end of a card and Flash almost always comes first, and Affinity and Flash are separated (Tooth of Chiss-Goria).

And then when I was looking for other examples, I realized that all Delve cards have Delve come first... except for Tombstalker, where it comes last.

Man, sometimes this triggers me hard.
>>
>>50287449
>Convoke comes at the end of a card
What?

>Affinity and Flash are separated
Wizards likes separating keywords, they do that a lot.

>Tombstalker
I'd argue it's because it was the first time they put it on a creature.
>>
>>50287520
Sorry, I meant Conspire. Too similar for my evening brain. Conspire foots the text, while Replicate heads the text, despite being incredibly similar effects.
>>
>>50287449
I believe they are still same-level keywords. Delve, Convoke, Flash, Affinity.
Of course Wizards has mostly avoided having multiple of these keywords on most cards likely both due to complexity and balance (flash not so much). And if they were to be on the same card, they would likely have different lines as well. Angel of Salvation is probably only like that because they were short on space.

As far as Tombstalker goes, Wizards has said that they flip flop card formatting around every so often to make the card look better. That block of text on top of Flying would look very wrong to me. And it's one of the first times Delve had even showed up on a card anyways.
>>
>>50287346
>>50287375
I didn't notice they crammed all the reminder text on Skyhunter Prowler into one set of parenthesis. Calm your fucking jets. Just because people don't notice things doesn't make them shit. You make a mistake RIGHT HERE >>50287449 >>50287581 then have the GALL to say someone not being completely on the ball deserves your ire and bullshit? No. Now go sit in the corner and dwell on your hypocrisy for a while, and cool off.
>my "evening brain" is totally fine but someone else's is SHIT
Nice. Very nice.

>>50287352
Yeah I read that shit all wrong, and it fucked me all up. I see what's up now. I knew Flash usually got its own typeline but I thought Defender might have been treated differently after seeing the card I mentioned, and not paying better attention. My fault.
>>
File: Cavern Caretaker.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cavern Caretaker.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>50286025
Repeatable fog for 8 isn't fair for limited. Especially how it locks down your opponents creatures.
>>
File: You're an idiot.png (18KB, 1300x149px) Image search: [Google]
You're an idiot.png
18KB, 1300x149px
>>50287682
>Just because people don't notice things doesn't make them shit.
You're right. It's when you don't notice things, but talk like you know what you're talking about anyway.

>GALL
Pic related, retard.

> Now go sit in the corner and dwell on your hypocrisy for a while, and cool off.
How about live up to the fact that you are just one sad, dumb motherfucker?
>>
File: Tomb Raid.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Raid.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>50287722
Missed an "s" on the second ability. Also, "Kobolds" not "Kobalds", despite their lack of hair.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think its too strong for BB. Despite requiring a hoop to jump through, its really not an onerous one, especially since it buffs itself if you can get a red or white permanent out.
>>
>>50287722
I dunno if I agree man; spending 8 on something should pretty much win you the game. I mean it's fine to think it's unfun, but so are a lot of expensive effects that basically win the game for you. Most PW ults are not very fun to experience, and the game is usually over if the PW was CMC4 or higher. Look at even the common Eldrazi that are that beefy.

>card
I'm on the fence about this. Lorwyn had some really strong Auras that gave a lot of really good buffs but they were Auras, and you still got 2 for 1ed, and they only affected that one creature. This hands out buffs to all your creatures, not just the ones of those colors, and it buffs itself too, making it harder to remove. It also feels really strange to have a creature in black doing something like this.
>>
>>50287747
Then howbout you jump down that anon's throat then too for making the same grade of mistake, then slap yourself for still having such a ridiculous ego. You have some serious anger issues, and it really fucks these threads up when you go off like a fool for no good reason. You wanna know why these threads are ghost towns half the time? You. Your temper. Nobody wants to listen to you rant, and nobody wants to be the one to get snapped on when you go all angertard. Check yourself, faggot, get your shit in order, and lean the difference between being tough but fair and the sort of person who beats his kids because he can't control his temper and they spilled some milk.
>>
File: Farsul Final Broodfather.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Farsul Final Broodfather.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>50287821
>spending 8 mana should win the game
Not on a fucking common that is always at least a 2/2 bear for 2.
None of the big common eldrazis have had the option to be played as a 2/2 for 2. You either casted them as an 8 drop or you never casted them. None of the other invokers have game winning effects, why should this one?

>>50287811
Too good to be printed. You'd need to buff the Tomb Raid's cost to at least triple black. Like this is just, "pay B and exile 16 cards from your graveyard to cast Emmy." That might sound insane to pull off but you could easily build a deck around it. Just do normal sultai/grixis delve lists as an alt win that's turbo bullshit.

>Might be too good at 2 mana
I just figured it needing you to have board state to be okay is fine. I'll make it 1bb and if it feels underwhelming I'll cut the 1.
>>
>>50287951
>none of the other Invokers
What is Dawnglare Invoker? That one is a win the second you use it, because by that late in the game, you're either going to have the board presence to put the game away, or there's no reason to use the ability. Same goes for Frostwind Invoker. It can end games too, pretty easily. The others are pretty underwhelming by comparison, for sure.

>bear
That's true, but the ability still costs 8. You can end the game for much less, and as I said, my cards aren't going to be common. That one was when I posted it, but I got talked into going uncommon with all of them after a bit of a chat with another anon.
>>
>>50287951
>pay B and exile 16 cards from your graveyard to cast Emmy.
Is that significantly sillier than say, Aetherworks Marvel, Sneak and Show, Through the Breach, or your run of the mill reanimator (pun not intended)? There's always going to be some busted way to cheat out things that cost more than 7 or so mana.

But I'll probably bump it up to 1BBB.

>requiring a board state
Well, all lords require a board state to be relevant, because they tend not to buff themselves. And I think two mana lords have been written off by Wizards, and those are for tribal lords, not just "Run red and white creatures."

>Farsul
>At the beginning of combat on your turn, create a 1/1 red Kobold creature token with haste.
Is this Prossh's dead nemesis? Also, Lord isn't a type anymore, although I can see the appeal.
>>
File: Pulses of Growth.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pulses of Growth.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>50288001
All of them also have bellow average stat lines to mitigate their powerful effects. Also they only have one effect instead of 2 stapled into one effect.
At uncommon I guess it's fine but I still dislike how strong it is even for an 8 mana active.
>>
File: Grant Emerson Damage2.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grant Emerson Damage2.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>50287869
Because he isn't acting like you. He realizes he made a mistake and corrects for it. You just couldn't stand someone pointing out that you look like a complete idiot for not bothering to check Oracle. Not only an idiot, but a lazy idiot at that. Your talk of ego, anger issues, and going off like a fool, but this honestly just seems like major projection. I do have a few issues with my anger, that's true, but I don't feel like I was putting that into my posts here. I point out that you could've just looked this stuff up on Oracle, but besides calling you a fool in >>50287375 do you see any personal insults? Do you see any harsh language? Not really. Now, in >>50287747 I was vicious, but hey, you started it. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Anyway, I think I've spent enough time on you, I should probably get back to the cards in the thread. Oh, and please try not to give bad advice next time.

>>50286966
Target-less wording has always been a point of contention. I think this works though.

>>50287722
Yikes, really? Seems very very powerful. Also seems kinda odd. I'm having a hard time getting the flavor here. And I thought all Kobolds were Red.

>>50287811
You've posted this before, haven't you? Anyway, I guess it's fine, but it's super hard to judge.

>>50287951
The combo of keywords seems oddly defensive for a WBR creature.
>At the beginning of combat on your turn, create a 1/1 red Kobold creature token with haste.
Overall, I feel like it does too much. It's a big beater! And a token generator! And a sac trigger! And a lord! I think you should tighten it up a bit, pick out what really matters. The big beater thing isn't a problem in and of itself, but I think you could ditch one of the keywords. Also, the last ability, giving Kobolds Vigilance, seems just pointless to me, I say ditch that one first.

>Invoker
Just my two cents, but maybe land destruction?
>>
>>50288071
>5 identical modes
Ew.
>>
>>50288071
>below average statlines
No, not really. 2B for a 3/1 is about on par. A 2/1 flier for 2W is pretty standard too. They are all bodied pretty typically for their cost; the ability is mitigated by the crazy high activation cost.

>>50288083
>Invoker
You talking to me (the dude making Invokers)? Or... ?
>>
>>50288071
Why not Replicate? Or Multikicker? Or an X cost? Or even Escalate with the "You may choose the same mode more than once" from the Confluences?
>>
>>50288071
You know you could have just used multikicker right?
>>
>>50288083
You know what man? I was wrong, and it was Mirri that showed me the mistake I made. But If you don't see how your tone needs work, as does your presumption that you're somehow superior to anyone in the thread, all I can do is feel sorry for you.

But yes, cards. Ultimately, none of this little spat mattered anyway, and we should both be ashamed for perpetrating it in the first place. I could stand to rein in my own temper as well.
>>
File: Topsoil Fanatic.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Topsoil Fanatic.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50288066
>Who this guy?
The plane had a bunch of dragon fuckers who ruled over groups of kobolds and forced them to fight for their own goals. Eventually the Kobolds started revolting and slaying their dragon lords. Farsul found himself admiring the way the Kobolds executed revolts and earned their freedom, appreciated the sudden lack of rival dragon lords to fight with, and valued not dying greatly so he changed his style of ruling to be more of a, "You do shit for me, I'll bless the fuck out of you so you can do that shit and your own shit real good." and most Kobolds were like, "sure bro sounds good." though a good amount refused the offer, favoring true independence from dragon's rule. A few of the free Kobold clans plot to slay him but are finding little progress due to him and his followers being very powerful.

>>50288083
>seems too strong
Yes this has been noted and it has been nerfed in cost.
>Aren't Kobolds red?
Mono R doesn't fit a species that is normally slaves to dragons at all. It would at most fit G or B. I went with Mardu because it gives them some broad design space.
>>
File: Circe.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Circe.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Circe, a Wonder Woman villain. Ripped straight from the Odyssey, she's an immortal witch who just loves turning people who displease her into animals, usually pigs. And rather than exile or targeted sac, here she destroys, to show that her magic doesn't really effect things that are strong enough, which in this case have Indestructible.

>>50288157
I guess I was just saying it in general.

>>50281885
>Geomancy
You forgot to shuffle. Not entirely sure how I feel about it, but having the massive payoff later sounds great. Kinda reminds me of a Suspend card I tried to do.

>>50285125
Yeah, more or less what I was thinking.

>>50285447
Hmm, probably fine. Hey, is there an add-on for MSE that includes the Vehicle frame? Wait, I just noticed the Ship subtype. What does that do?

>>50285668
>card
Seems overcosted to me... then again, it is uncommon. Probably fine.

>Well, that's simultaneously flattering and frustrating.
Do you have the same thing I do, where nobody responds and you assume that means it's awful?

>>50285789
Hey, Time anon. Look, you take care of yourself first, I think we can keep each other entertained until you have enough free time to finish your set. Also, congrats on the marriage, I hope everything works out well for you (I'm assuming) two. Did you make a Proposal Richard Garfield style?

>>50286025
I think at this cost, you could just completely fuck over your opponents and only prevent damage from sources they control.
>>
>>50288342
BTW, this is the first draft of the character, more or less just through it up so I wouldn't forget later.
>>
>>50288269
>Mono R doesn't fit a species that is normally slaves to dragons at all.
Is that what the Kobolds are, slaves? I'm unfamiliar with their lore in Magic.

>card
I think it's fine. Though the name makes me think of some guy who's completely nuts about dirt and talks about it all the time. Nobody likes him because of this.
>>
>>50288342
Beast control outside of green feels really wonky. The first ability is fine, but the second doesn't feel like it belongs on a UB card, even if it "fits" with the destroy ability.

>just saying it in general
Ah.

>could just completely fuck over your opponents
Maybe, but I'd rather err on the side of caution here. It's a pretty potent effect.
>>
>>50288383
>kobolds are slaves?
Basically. In most fantasy realms they are either spooked into being slaves for the dragons or kinda hive minded by them.
In this Plan X they went from, "scared and subservient" to, "Fuck this shit! and fuck this! and fuCK YOU!" and revolted.
>>
>>50288482
>In most fantasy realms
Uh... that's good and all, but what are they in Magic? Like, Gnomes in Magic (bar one) are all VERY different from pretty much every other type of Gnome.
>>
>>50288482
That actually sounds pretty red to me
>>
>>50289106

Spellsurge is really, really mediocre for it's cost. You can do it once, then you have nothing in your graveyard to use for it again.
>>
>>50289106
Is there some secret technique to Penance that I'm not getting? Whenever combat damage is dealt to a creature you control... you lose that much life and then gain that much life?

I feel like Spellsurge should just cast a random card from your graveyard.
>>
File: invoker cycle 1.jpg (440KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
invoker cycle 1.jpg
440KB, 1875x523px
Okay, two-color Invokers, second try. I think I have them all properly exported this time. Hopefully I did alright getting the other four into a good spot for the cost. They all also got keywords that both colors share, in an effort to make the bodies more useful since they are two-color bears till very very late game. In the case of Hoarfrost, it kinda needs Flash to work at top effectiveness.
>>
>>50289126
How would you change it? Exile N cards at random?

>>50289150
>penance
Oh lawd, I didn't finish modifying the Souls of the Faultless text when I ported the ability in. Thaaaat's shitty of me. I'll fix it. You know what it's supposed to do though.

>spellsurge
Hm. I don't like it casting any card. Maybe change it to copy a random instant/sorcery card in your yard twice, cast the copies yadda yadda, then exile that card, so you can do it again?
>>
>>50289151
Hoarfrost doesn't need to know that those creatures are already tapped. If they're tapped, they're not going to untap. If they're not tapped, they don't need to untap anyways.

That said, I think the whole beauty of Invokers are that they do very simple things. These go a bit far beyond "creature with a big manasink."
>>
>>50289216
These are uncommon because I'm pushing them. I figured I would do more impressive things with the two-color ones than the monocolor ones do, and that necessitated them being uncommon. Of course, now I'm getting feedback on the concept from both directions, so... that's cool. Can't please everyone I guess.
>>
File: Penance Invoker.png (195KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Penance Invoker.png
195KB, 375x523px
Embarrassingly enough, I'm having trouble finding an elegant way to word Penance Invoker. This is what I have right now. I feel like it's still too ambiguous. I must be missing something in Oracle.
>>
>>50289302
>Until end of turn, whenever a creature an opponent control deals combat damage, that creature's controller loses that much life and you gain that much life.
Perhaps? Sure you go a little wider in multiplayer but the effect is similar.
Or
>Until end of turn, whenever a creature you control is dealt combat damage, target opponent loses that much life and you gain that much life.
>>
>>50289315
I thought about the second one, and worried it was too good, but I think it might be the best way to go about it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50288342
>Do you have the same thing I do, where nobody responds and you assume that means it's awful?
I worry more that people are just sick of my shtick. "Oh look, it's Timeanon with ANOTHER god damn wall of cards. Are they commons? Of course they're commons. Pass."
>Did you make a Proposal Richard Garfield style?
Nah, she actually isn't all that into Magic, beyond acknowledging the fact that it's pretty important to me. Which is okay in my book. I went for the more standard engagement ring, on-one-knee approach.
>Circe
Why not Boars, like Curse of the Swine? That would be more on-flavor, and functionally similar.
>>
File: Boston Brand Deadman3.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Boston Brand Deadman3.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
Trying to make a creature that takes control of another but doesn't stay on the battlefield. I think this works. But I am wondering if I should include a way to bring back Deadman from exile, like an activated ability or something.

>>50290101
>commons
Well, all sets have to start somewhere. But if I'm being totally honest, one of my motivators for giving feedback to commons is so I can see what the more complex cards look like.

>Boars
I forgot that was the type. I was kinda tired when I posted Circe, like I said, I just threw the card together so I would have it for later.
>>
>>50291139
Wait, why did I make it a 2/2? Should probably be a 1/1.
>>
File: Grim Lagoon.png (257KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grim Lagoon.png
257KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50293054
So if I have no untapped lands (because it's turn 1 or I'm tapping my lands to float first) this is just an uncounterable free ramp spell? That's absurd.
>>
File: Molten Backwoods.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Molten Backwoods.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>50293225
good point
>>
>>50293054
Just make it like the Ravnica bounce lands and remove the untapped restriction.
>>
File: Faulty Ranks.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Faulty Ranks.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>
File: done.jpg (680KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
done.jpg
680KB, 1875x1046px
>>50293594
done
>>
File: Billy Kaplan Wiccan9.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Billy Kaplan Wiccan9.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
Bump. Nothing's changed and I'm pretty sure it's OK where it is now, just making a final check, I guess.

>>50293614
Unsure of cost, but I think the wording should be
>Each creature with toughness greater than its power gets +2/-2.
>>
File: Auroraweaver.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Auroraweaver.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>50294882
A second set of bounce lands seem fine. How important will multi color be in your set?
>>
File: Knowledge Eater.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Knowledge Eater.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>50296166
Nice. I'm always a fan of cards that care about multicolor decks but aren't multicolor themselves
>>
File: Laplace Witch of Chance.jpg (59KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Laplace Witch of Chance.jpg
59KB, 375x523px
>>50296222
Nobody would ever willingly restrict themselves.
>If a player would search a library, that player instead pays X life and searches the top X cards of that library.

>card
Make coin flips great again.
>>
File: Fiora Master Strategist.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fiora Master Strategist.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50296684
I... what?
Are you trying to make attacking creatures block themselves?
>>
>>50296824
No, its the required rules text "Shuffle the blockers around as you choose." Because things stay blocked until something says otherwise (or they leave combat), and blocked things won't assign combat damage (without trample), a shitton of text is required to make a fairly intuitive effect possible.

Honestly I feel like it should just be "You choose how creatures block this combat. Activate this ability only during combat before the declare blockers step." Sure you can now force nothing to block, but it saves about 75% of the card space and makes it 100 times more readable.
>>
>>50296684
How would any attacker still be blocked after removing all blockers? Just give the attackers Trample.
>>
File: Parasitic Mist.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Parasitic Mist.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50297013
Replace the colon with a comma and put quote marks around the ability you want them to gain. You can drop the first all as well.
>>
>>50297013
Name doesn't really match the ability.
>Lands have "T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool" and lose all other abilities.
>>
File: Ragnir Planar Ancient.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnir Planar Ancient.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50298749
>GWU: Ramp
I think it should tap.
>>
Someone knows the correct wording for my new keyword?
>This spell costs 1 less to cast for each player that controls one or more spells on the stack.
>>
>>50299826
I wouldn't suggest it because, while it's fine to reference the stack, keyword implies that it'll be showing up a lot, and given that it interacts with the stack, it has to be on instants/stuff with flash only, unless you have another keyword on-deck to somehow enable it... and that's a lot of stack referencing. If you've come up with this idea, I have to assume you know that already, and won't be dissuaded, so in that case, it seems fine, but I think there's probably a few ways you could potentially word it.
>>
>>50299826
That's probably right, but don't. It just sound awful as words and as mechanically.
>>
>>50299826
This spell costs 1 less to cast for each opponent that cast a spell this turn.
>>
>>50300054
This is probably a better way to do it.
>>
File: Archangel of Storms.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Archangel of Storms.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Rogue Deathbreaker.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Deathbreaker.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>50301973
I'd like First strike more as it makes the card more hybrid, but over all this card is good. You could make it cost a C less desu.
>>
>>50302008
Alright common

>>50301973
Boring good stuff at a pushed cost. Will mostly be 8 to dome.

>>50298749
Agreed that it should tap. Ramping is fine at the cost.

>>50296684
Just copy Jarkeld.

>>50296166
Not bad. At rare it should have flying or something else so that it's functionable by itself.

>>50294883
You can just roll everything into one mode.

>>50289151
These are a bit too strong. Invokers are generally weak cards that have decent late game appeal. These are good cards with amazing late good appeal.
>>
File: Demonic Rebirth.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Demonic Rebirth.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>50302557
>Auro-Weaver should have built in flying
a 3/3 with flying for 4 is already really good. I don't think that would be fair at all in limited if it also had flow stone and hexproof if you had a board state. I think I'd rather just give it better toughness.
>>
>>50302674
This is too weak for uncommon and has a typo on sentence two.
>>
>>50302674
Just reuse Devil tokens.
>>
File: Crypt Cleanser.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Crypt Cleanser.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50302683
I made it just a murder then + the token.
>>
>>50302758
Abilities are formatted
[Any mana costs], [Tap symbol], [Extra costs]: [Effect]

The tap ability on this is also really weak considering you have to meet Threshold (not too big a deal in most cases, but still not super consistent for limited and decks not built for it), pay mana, and exile two cards from your graveyard. Not to mention the anti-synergy.
There are a number of common creatures that just plain tap to gain 1 life, so I would base it from there.
>>
NT: >>50304484
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 131

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.