[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 40

File: Catholic Space Nazis.jpg (71KB, 383x498px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic Space Nazis.jpg
71KB, 383x498px
Varying Degrees of Overpowered edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lfbawnl8buxaoc3

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyv56zze9m828d2

Not all looting is bad - the Admech loots xenos realms all the time. So why is it bad for the players to do it?

Prev: >>50187606
>>
File: caveat emptor.jpg (298KB, 1400x802px) Image search: [Google]
caveat emptor.jpg
298KB, 1400x802px
let's share pictures from your campaigns, of characters, places and starships.

Here, a picture of my players Universe Mass conveyor and flagship, the CAVEAT EMPTOR. campaign is going on.
>>
>>50237377

Better hope the clients don't speak high gothic.
>>
>>50237377
>Universe Clas Mass Conveyor
Patrician-tier tastes. Is that a cargo bay converted into a launch bay I spy there?

Personally, I would've mounted a set of Plasma-Accelerated Torpedo Tubes on the Prow, though. Make it into a full-blown ghetto battleship.
>>
>>50236888
To the guy in the last thread talking about the Inquisition, I rebut with this:
You treat word of the Inquisition as though it is a phrase that gets you whatever you want, free of charge with no questions asked.
What are ignoring is the nature of politics in the Imperium, and that even inquisitors are not above rebuke or question WHEN they have the full remit of an official inquisitorial rosette.
Eisenhorn, within the first 20 pages, had the example of when Eisenhorn himself did not mercy kill a suffering noble because he wagered he'd spend 10 years being hounded by officials about it. A full bird inquisitor still must answer for his deeds, if not to local governments, then to the inquisitorial cabal of the sector.
Using the badge clearly comes with a price attached. You are advocating people with only tertiary attachments to the Inquisition acting like they have all the bells and whistles when they clearly don't, and their lord tacitly supporting such blatant abuse of power.
A decent gm will show quickly that claiming Inquisition ties, with nothing real to show for it when Adepta have the right to demand proof of such, is the worst thing you can do.
As for your example, most Inquisitors do not build their status by flaunting minimal ties; it would be like an Arbitrator using their on paper remit while ignoring local treaties and agreements, ie badly for them.
There are times to go loud (when there is a full scale rebellion that demands immediate justifiable response) and times not to (when you want equipment because you want to bolster your personal arsenal as you are stating).
You can, and will, be called out, and when you are, why will your Inquisitor boss be happy with people abusing authority they don't actually have to accomplish a job in a fashion they may likely not support? If they wanted people screaming "INQUISITION", they could do it themselves. Acolytes and warbands are there to gather the information and pursue leads, at the end.
>>
>>50237584
I have never seen a GM that let a group use the =][= button without there being a cost attached, and you are ignoring the price to pay for what is honestly trinkets that most warbands do not NEED, but desire because murderhobo mentality.
That is why multiple people are shitting on you, because you are making a claim that most people who play the game know better than to make. The Subtlety mechanic is not just a measure of how loud you are, but how much your potential targets know about your existence.
People talk, word gets around, and that is represented by Subtlety. It is a mechanic that serves the narrative, and it is a warning to players that being foolish will cost them dearly down the road.
>>
>>50237450
>>50237529
the players choosed the name, and a campaign in a Universe. it's a very special one, though. one dating back from the DaoT, linked to an Holder Warrant signed by BigE, crewed by ship-generated french speaking clones, all organised in a sun-themed deathcult around the Sun -and the ship plasma generator which is copy of the Sun, as well-.
Ship and dynasty is known for having pulling off the impossible.
Oh, and all the PC are False-Men.

Shenanigans level is expected to be high.
>>
>>50237801

You should probably expect the Imperial Inquisition.
>>
File: Haarlock's_Bane_shiny_small.png (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Haarlock's_Bane_shiny_small.png
2MB, 800x800px
>>50237377
This is the emblem of the warband Haarlock's Bane, led by Faye Haarlock, Chosen of Khorne (although that last is a bit of an unofficial title).

It's confusing.
>>
File: ex_cathedra.jpg (89KB, 1024x622px) Image search: [Google]
ex_cathedra.jpg
89KB, 1024x622px
>>50237832
I'm the GM, they already had to deal with the Inqusistion, do not worry.

anyway, i'm not finding the Light cruiser drawing I've done here for a RT quest that was proising on /tg/. So instead, picture of a ship used in an other campaign I've mastered. this one is about to end soon, as players are about to face Erasmus Haarlock on the Dread Pearl.
>>
File: combined.png (630KB, 1090x1090px) Image search: [Google]
combined.png
630KB, 1090x1090px
>>50237836
>>50237377
There's also this bullshit, a Flamer-possessed Plasma Gun.

Dubbed the Warp-Assisted Self-Sustaining Plasma Gun. Or WASSP Gun, for short.
>>
>>50237584
>You treat word of the Inquisition as though it is a phrase that gets you whatever you want, free of charge with no questions asked.
Because it generally is, just like a Rogue Trader's Warrant of Trade usually isn't questioned when they've got an armed ship hanging over your planet.

>Using the badge clearly comes with a price attached. You are advocating people with only tertiary attachments to the Inquisition acting like they have all the bells and whistles when they clearly don't, and their lord tacitly supporting such blatant abuse of power.
That's the thing about the Inquisition, though: you have whatever bells and whistles you can convince people you have.

So, for instance, let's take the example of an encounter from one of the DH2e official adventures: you're sent chasing after some xenos artifact smugglers and you get a vehicle and go chasing after them into the desert to find their base. While you do so, you wind up stumbling into an Imperial Guard artillery regiment live fire exercise, and after a volley has been fired, they send a vehicle over to tell the "civilians" to fuck off.

My response? Pull out the badge. "I am a member of the Emperor's Most Holy Order of the Inquisition, and I demand to speak to your commanding officer about your regiment's unacceptably lax discipline! By failing to properly secure the live fire area with appropriate fencing and signage, you are wantonly risking the lives of His Holy Majesty's subjects and materiel! Such carelessness borders on heresy, and as such, you are hereby drafted into the service of the Inquisition! Consider this your unit's penance for your sins!"

(You'd then proceed to take a fairly big Subtlety hit, and then cakewalk all over all the smuggler mooks because even an Imperial Guard artillery regiment is still an Imperial Guard regiment, before having a climactic fight with their leadership)
>>
File: 56jf.jpg (258KB, 1181x1671px) Image search: [Google]
56jf.jpg
258KB, 1181x1671px
>>50237984
it reminds me of the archeotech sniping flamer the Sororitas player managed to get her hands on. I should draw that one day.

For those at home who wonder how it works, simple : fire the laser, where it hits, a flamer spray emerge from the reservoir.

Anyway, an other picture, this time of the RT owning the ship I posted here
>>50237905
>>
>>50237584
>>50238118
>A decent gm will show quickly that claiming Inquisition ties, with nothing real to show for it when Adepta have the right to demand proof of such, is the worst thing you can do.
The Adepts of the Adeptus Terra generally don't have the right to ask for proof, actually, and most of them wouldn't dare to do so, if only because they don't know if you're one of the hardcases that'd go "Are you questioning a member of the Inquisition? HERESY! *blam*"

>As for your example, most Inquisitors do not build their status by flaunting minimal ties; it would be like an Arbitrator using their on paper remit while ignoring local treaties and agreements, ie badly for them.
Arbitrator Precincts are built like fortresses for a reason, anon: so that they can do whatever the fuck they like to any of the local powers-that-be with impunity. They're usually the last ones standing once everything's gone to shit and the Space Marines show up in the fluff for a reason, you know.

>There are times to go loud (when there is a full scale rebellion that demands immediate justifiable response) and times not to (when you want equipment because you want to bolster your personal arsenal as you are stating).
Bolstering your personal equipment when you're starting is one of the best times to go loud, actually. Getting a Power Stake or a gun strong enough to punch through 10 points of Toughness can make the difference between success or failure when the PCs inevitably wind up running into whatever daemonic or xenos gribbly they're going to meet during the adventure.
>>
>>50237984
That thing looks like it has yarn for a barrel.
>>
>>50237584
>>50238118
>>50238238
>You can, and will, be called out, and when you are, why will your Inquisitor boss be happy with people abusing authority they don't actually have to accomplish a job in a fashion they may likely not support? If they wanted people screaming "INQUISITION", they could do it themselves.
They can only be in one place at a time; the Acolytes can handle a problem on one world while the Inquisitor goes off somewhere else to follow up on a more vital lead. Additionally, having one team being overt and shouting "INQUISITION" all over the place can be a big help to another team that takes advantage of their enemies' distraction.

>Acolytes and warbands are there to gather the information and pursue leads, at the end.
Judging by the official adventure, it's more that they're troubleshooters: they find trouble, and then they shoot it. Said trouble is daemonic and/or xenos related as often as not, and acolytes should prepare accordingly - by getting their hands on as many Sanctified and Plasma/Melta weapons as possible.

>>50237645
>I have never seen a GM that let a group use the =][= button without there being a cost attached, and you are ignoring the price to pay for what is honestly trinkets that most warbands do not NEED, but desire because murderhobo mentality.
Dude, literally like half of the artwork depicts Acolytes with the =][= symbol all over them. I mean, hell, look at the actual 40k models!
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Warhammer-40-000?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102275+4294966277+4294966906&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat
I can see multiple different models with the =][= being prominently represented: both of the Crusaders, one of the Arco-Flagellant sculpts, the Preacher w/ Chainsword (might be an Ecclesiarchy symbol), and the Warrior Acolyte all have them prominently displayed.
>>
>>50238295
Yeah, the whole "copper coil" didn't get through all the way.
>>
>>50237645
>>50238380
>That is why multiple people are shitting on you, because you are making a claim that most people who play the game know better than to make. The Subtlety mechanic is not just a measure of how loud you are, but how much your potential targets know about your existence.
Yeah, but it doesn't really matter that much, because you're going to have to go in and kill them all in the end eventually anyway. Wow, you'll have a surprise round when you kick in the door of the first room in the "cult temple complex" dungeon. Such a big difference; once someone starts shooting, everyone will know you're there anyway, and whatever advantage you gained from being subtle is basically gone.

It's a nice bonus, but not essential, or even that big of a loss.

>People talk, word gets around, and that is represented by Subtlety. It is a mechanic that serves the narrative, and it is a warning to players that being foolish will cost them dearly down the road.
Yup, and the penalties for a low Subtlety are basically trivial.
>>
>>50237984
>>50238444
I don't know what that is, but it's not a plasma gun, anon. That's not what plasma guns look like, not even the fancy ones the AdMech uses.
>>
>>50237984
I'm sorry, I just can't see that barrel "warp bit" at the front as anything more than a Kebab's rotating spit.
>>
>>50238475
His game, his aesthetics.
>>
Probably has an answer in a previous thread, but with them no longer being available from Fantasy Flight, is there a place to get the core books for only war and dark heresy 2nd for decent prices? I wanted to try and start a group for Only War where i am and there are two corebooks up on ebay, both a bit beyond my price range.
>>
>>50238607
The download site in the OP.
>>
File: I_have_too_much_spare_time.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
I_have_too_much_spare_time.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>50238475
The idea was that it was stripped-down, removing all the carapace and basically just keeping just the coil.

But in hindsight, yeah.

Either way, have some cruisers.
>>
>>50237984
Starflare Vent lets you fire a plasma gun like a flamer. And it's highly prohibited by the AdMech and cannot be reveresed.
>>
>>50238960
I think he's talking about a Plasma Gun that's possessed by a Flamer of Tzeentch, anon.
>>
>>50238960
>cannot be reveresed.
Well, it can be reversed. By a tech-priest spending a lot of time fiddling inside a very delicate and holy mechanism that has been defiled by a heretek. Unfortunately, that's not a lot of comfort to the servitorized husk of the person they found holding it.
>>
>>50238780
I want them physically though.
>>
>>50239397
How willing are you to find someone and mug them for it?
>>
>>50239397
Option 1: Download them, pay Kinko's about 70ish bucks to print you a copy and bind it.
Option 2: Print it yourself and deal with your shitty print quality and the obscene cost of ink.
Option 3: Find someone who wants to get rid of their corebook and is willing to sell it to you.
Option 4: Pay scalper prices on Ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist.
Option 5: Suck it up and use the PDF, tablets are dirt cheap these days.
>>
Players are going raiding against some Pirates, hopeing to hunt them down mostly piecemeal, win through boarding actions, then take their ships and add them to their fleet.

I don't want to fuck with their plan too much, but what's an interesting twist or complication to add to this plan?

inb4 Necrons
>>
>>50239472
>The players get to deal with a tenebro-maze, where secret passages and one-way doors and layouts that make no sense are the rule.
>The players accidentally board into a Black Hold full of hullghasts and mutant freaks
>The pirate ship has a Genestealer Cult on this deck, and there are Purestrains taking the chance to run riot. Roll for initiative or die.
>>
>>50239472
Chaos permeating the ship itself.
>>
>>50239513
>The pirate ship has a Genestealer Cult
Hmmm, this one sounds fun.

>>50239538
You see, this is exactly the kind of shit that I DON'T want to do.
That's basically taking the entire premise of their adventure, and stripping away all the reward for completing it.
>>
Anyone have a spreadsheet of the regiment creation rules? Referencing between 3 books is annoying.
>>
>>50239918
This is the latest one I have and I'm pretty sure it has a few errors.
>>
>>50240623
Thanks. I'll proof read it.
>>
>roll up highborn regiment
>get warp delayed to combat zone, get absorbed into new unit to replace losses
>Other unit was a heavily depleted regiment of badass, aka every PC regiment ever.
>We're green nobles who can't even speak low Gothic with more toys than common sense
>Sarge has to communicate in a combination of knife hand and shouting when translator corporal isn't around
>Shenanigans ensue

Playing a Blueblood regiment is way more fun than it oughta be. Especially the chivalry bit. Lots of fun opportunities with that.
>>
>>50241025
My current group has a rivalry with a Highborn regiment of stormtroopers called the Sun Born. They're 2 metre tall, golden haired ubermench that were genetically tailored by their parent, who are nobles on a Space Marine recruiting world. They didn't make the cut to become Astartes recruits so after tear assing through the underhive as Spryers for a few years they went signed on with the Guard.

And they're still pissed that lowhive scum was selected to be Marines over them.
>>
>>50241898
Aren't SM recruiting worlds exempt from the guard tithe?
>>
>>50242013
Usually though its actually a case-by-case basis thing
>>
File: royals.jpg (3MB, 5000x3322px) Image search: [Google]
royals.jpg
3MB, 5000x3322px
>>50242013
Baroness Abigail Greyhan the Twentyfourth of her Name: You know Reginald apparently the maid, you know the dark haired one, well she has a sister on level 201 who works as a secondary admin clerk for the Administratum.

Reginald Greyhan: Yes mother.

Baroness: And apparently her son has gone missing.

Reginald: Yes mother.

Baroness: Well apparently he was taken by those Angel fellows, you know, sons of the Emperor and all that?

Reginald: This again mother?

Baroness: I'm just saying Reggie, maybe you should have...tried a bit harder?

Reginald: Can we not go one brunch without you bringing this up? I told you, I wasn't genetically compatible with their process!

Baroness: Nonsense dear! You cost a fortune to get just right. And now the maid now has someone in her family that was selected. I'll have to fire her, I can't have HER looking down on ME. And you know how hard good help is to find.

Reginald: That is it! I'm going with Poppy and we're joining the Guard!
>>
>>50242221
We'll form our own Regiment. With blackjack and hookers!
>>
>>50236888
I just recently learned was Only War was and largely for shits and giggles started designing a regiment/the player characters. Its been very entertaining

>The core regiments Standard Kit includes both 1 Leman Russ and 1 Chimera per squad
>working out how they swing that is entertaining.
>>
I'm running a Deathwatch game with a group of long time DnD players and rl friends, general 40k fans and knowledgeable in the fluff, yet new to the system.
They have trouble understanding why they shouldn't just loot any and all imperial/warp/xeno tech they get their hands on and stockpile it, or why should they return their gear to the forge master for maintenance after each mission. (to rephrase, they -understand-, they just don't like it and are dead set on not changing) Several talks on this subject resulted in them trying their hardest to circumvent requisition in any and every way they can think of (piling on advanced specialisations for the standard gear, all of them taking signature gear as a 'mandatory' talent etc, setting aside req every mission for generally unnecessary cybernetics just to score them permanently). In their defense, they are not doing this out of spite or competition, just that they can't shake their DnD/PF ways of stockpiling gear and 'being ready for everything'.

How do I solve this issue? How would you solve it? Does it really need solving or should I just try to scrap the requisition system all together?

(I also have a secondary problem with them about relics but more on that only if you're interested)
>>
>>50237377
>>50237529

Is your discussion of yonder (quite good) drawing based on your knowledge of BFG? If not what?
>>
File: Inquisiton.png (3MB, 2312x3584px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisiton.png
3MB, 2312x3584px
>>50242294
>>
>>50239472
Necrons
>>
File: mission accomplished.jpg (92KB, 760x614px) Image search: [Google]
mission accomplished.jpg
92KB, 760x614px
>>50242013
Considering some recruit from hive gangs, and hives have such massive populations, it's likely you get some cross-over.
Personally, I'd like to see a few more "civilized" home worlds at standard Imperial Tech level be used for recruiting. I'm happy that it's rare, but I can't think of a single one that isn't something like the fleet chapters just showing up and grabbing a few kids now and again.
>>50241025
>>50241898
>>50242221
Your are all gallant anons, and have rendered leal service to the Emperor by providing me with these keks.

>>50239472
The pirates just looted a store of deadly viral weapons... and oh look, they didn't store them properly because they're a bunch of idiot pirates, and now one of the containers has been breached and it's a matter of minutes before the ship's oxygen system is completely contaminated. Hope you don't get a void suit breach!
>>
File: 1479176683486.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479176683486.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
A friend sent me this picture. Which primarch is Farage?
>>
>Sniper: I'm requisitioning a Red Dot for my Stalker Boltgun
>GM: Okay
>Me: I'm requisitioning a Motion Predictor for my Storm Bolter
>GM: There are no Motion predictors
>Me: Why?
>GM: Because I say so

I don't know how to feel about this honestly
>>
>>50242294

Enforce it. When they complain, have guns drawn on them for disloyalty and non-adherence to tradition. They'll get the message, and we'll keep an eye out when you end up in a That GM thread.
>>
>>50242658
Eh, in terms of sheer ludicrous bullshit, Storm trump Accurate any day.
And the Motion Predictor just blows the fuck out of RDS in terms of utility.

That being said, flat up denying is still a dick move.
>>
Remind them it isn't DnD, and this is the way that things work. And remind them that they can't hide anything - the Inquisition has psychics that can mindread, and the Forge Lords know their gear like the back of their hand.

Push them until they either shape up or ship out.
>>
>>50242747
It still costs 20 Req. That's 2x the RDS.
>>
Anyone ever build a viable unarmed build before?
>>
>>50242955
>Take unarmed talents
>Realize a sword is better
Unless if you count things like power fists/chain fists/lightning claws as unarmed, it is worthless outside of being a backup backup weapon option and grappling.
>>
>>50242287
Hold up ... I can speak Falsor.

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>50243052
I don't mean to be rude but that reads like you're having a stroke. Should I call 911?
>>
>>50242955
Short form?
>Be Ogryn
>Pump Athletics, boost Strength as high as you can go
>Get high-quality bionics and Best-Quality muscle implants
>Take Unarmed Master
>Take the Talent that lets you use Athletics checks instead of Strength checks
>Suplex things to death
>Realize that you'd have been far more effective with an Ogrynized Eviscerator
>Be sad
>>
>>50242564
He's a Custodian, one of the Emperor's personal bodyguards and member of his own army that he himself led. They're a step below the Primarchs, but above everyone else.
>>
>>50242287

How? You only get those from regiment types, and you only get one of those, unlike doctrines.
>>
>>50242540
just wait till I get internet back and can properly storytime, good ol' knife hands was just the beginning. Poor guy was a DMPC whose sole purpose was to die in the first session to set up a plot hook apparently. Turns out he had other plans, as we watched him tear through something like 7 different GM attempts to kill him, repeatedly succeeding on tests he wasn't trained in, dodging enemy fire to haul my broken ass to a ship, and when attempting to lightly stun the other Blueblood with a laspistol on its lowest setting in a lesson of "don't fucking talk back to me", rolled a crit.

The GM is pissed and vowed to kill him, while we've all agreed he's actually a PC from another universe and we're just a horribly drawn out npc escort mission for him. My guy has become obsessed with him because I'll be damned if some filthy commoner is going to win the life debt and die before I can repay it. Motherfucker just keeps saving me too, although I am catching up after I chucked a grenade at him to knock him free of a group of slaneeshi cultists.
>>
>>50243684
I think one of the doctrines in HotE does that.
>>
I'm looking at running a Black Crusade game with the following thoughts.

- If I get 4 players, maximum of one can be a CSM. If I get 5, 6 or 7 a maximum of 2 CSM. The idea is that a lot of the campaign will involve cleverness and subtlety rather than 8 foot tall power armoured gods of war.
- No one starts with any equipment (they gain it later, and gaining proper legion equipment will be a big deal) (This further puts CSM and humans on a more even field, since while CSM are still substantially stronger and tougher, they aren't massively over equipped). Obviously any Hereteks will start with their attached cybernetics.
- The group's actions will be taking place in a sector with substantially less Chaos activity than the standard setting in the book. It's a sector with a fair few Imperium planets, but also a lot of non-imperium human worlds where (so long as they don't be too overtly Chaos) they can show up and get some supplies.
- At the end of their first, introductory adventure (escaping from a prison planet that's gone to hell due to Ork invasion) they will have a weak Raider class ship from Rogue Trader. This puts them in a solid position of independence, but while their ship is powerful any reasonable Imperial fleet presence will mean they have to run.

Are there any problems with this set up I'm not foreseeing?
>>
>>50243052
Holy shit. Try again
>>
>>50243113
>>50244068
Is it your first day on the internet, kiddos? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-anyone-really-been-far-even-as-decided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like
>>
>>50244060
Have everyone be human.
>>
>>50244214
I considered that but decided to just limit it. I trust my players enough that they're not going to argue over the CSM roles.

My thought is that compared to the human archetypes the CSM are actually really fucking similar to one another. A Chosen and a Forsaken aren't really very different, at least not when you compare the Renegade and the Apostate.
>>
I suppose I can't really see a problem, other than what I'd assume would be probable friction between a CSM and humans
>>
>>50244289
I'm of the impression if you're running BC and there isn't some friction between different PCs you're probably doing it wrong.
>>
>>50244060
>their ship is powerful
Hahaha, oh god no.

Still, I'd say either all CMS or no CMS.
Anything else is too big a power disparity, even ditching gear, which nobody will thank you for.
>>
>>50244398
Well not powerful compared to any other ships they'd find. But it's still a 1.5 km long vessel with 15 thousand people in it that can host an army of thousands, which can really tip the scales in some encounters.

I picture the CSM being very useful as an enforcer in the group and knowing my players is likely to be played reasonably well in that regard. But if people are convinced mixed groups of heretics don't work in this game I'll go with the general consensus.
>>
>>50244462
If all they're going to be there for is as an enforcer, let them play a human enforcer.
I would imagine most CSM would not deign to act as a mere "enforcer" for some lowly mortals.
>>
>>50244541
Alright, thanks for the feedback.
>>
File: berzerker triumphant.jpg (855KB, 886x1266px) Image search: [Google]
berzerker triumphant.jpg
855KB, 886x1266px
>>50244060
Gotta be honest, one of the primary appeals of playing a CSM is the wicked kool armor for me. Crazy guns and demon weapons I can take or leave, but dressing like heavy metal cocaine darth vader is pretty much why I'd wanna play a CSM in the first place. I'd rather have that than a starship, in some ways.
I dunno, if your players are good sports who'd still be interested in playing a naked CSM for a chunk of the campaign then it would be fine, but that's my knee-jerk reaction.
Remember that Black Crusade has lots of rules for having fucked up versions of powerful gear. A friend of mine had a chaos marine with a silenced bolt pistol... that could only fire one shot before being reloaded and belched smoke everywhere. It was kind of hilarious. Anyway, for the CSM in particular consider letting him recover fucked up legion armor, maybe with a faulty power supply? Then he could tinker with it, Fallout 4 style.
You could also just nip it all in the bud and say "no CSM". That way you can keep Legionnaires as npcs, and stat them as appropriately nasty as you want. The biggest advantage I can see to allowing them is having someone who can interact with other chaos marines on a more even footing, as "big, hulking combat monster" is something that a mutant can do pretty well too.
Other than that, well... remember that a ship is a ship. Even the smallest starship in 40k is capable of devastating orbital bombardments. You've effectively given them the perpetual option to go nuclear whenever they need to, so keep that in mind. Personally, I might consider making the ship captained by a friendly pirate who sees the heretics as equal partners in an endeavor and will drop them off on a given planet for a few months to sow destruction before returning at the appointed time to help with anything overt.
>>
>>50244693
The idea is that the players start from the position of weakness of having to use shitty gear (the best they can get on the planet they're on is lasguns and the like), and gradually accumulate more power and better equipment.

I want the feeling of the CSM player getting his Legion Power Armour to be a triumphant moment. It won't be handed to him on a silver platter, but when he gets it he feels just how good he has it now, rather than just starting with it.
>>
>>50244693
And as for the ship, that's why I'm giving them a smaller one. It gives them freedom to move at will, and gives them advantage over less defended worlds, but it's not exactly a subtle tool if there's something they need and nearly ANY other voidships out there will force them into retreat.

Plus I'm going to give them an NPC who captains the ship while they're doing stuff, an ex-pirate captain they help spring from the prison planet. If I think they're overusing the ship the captain will just scarper with it at some point. Give them a whole arc about getting it back and getting revenge on the asshole.
>>
>>50244185
I can't keep track of you kids with your rap music and your gangster talk. Can't you brats just stick to plain spoken grammatically challenged english and dawn of war II allusions?
>>
>>50244781
It's a meme from 7 years ago which is about 40 in internet terms. It would be like someone chastising you for not getting a Perfect Strangers reference.
>>
>>50244781
The want-to-look-more-like meme is pretty old nowdays. Being on 4chan and not recognising it is like being on tumblr and asking "Wait, there's more than just homsexual, heterosexual and bisexual?".
>>
>>50244185
Save the dank memes for rebbit man.
>>
Throw some high pen weapons if the space marines are too good. Or twll your players to avoid sightlines of spacamarine felling attacks.
Black crusade isnt dnd. It isnt ment to be fair.
>>
>>50244060
>>50244693
>>50244717
I get this concept, I find that anything that can justifiably fight a CSM will wreck other people in the party.

And on the other hand when anything other than bashing heads is happening most of the CSM are twiddling their thumbs.
>>
Do you prefer Full/Semi Auto to be Full or Half actions?
>>
File: 1468480057694.png (493KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1468480057694.png
493KB, 750x750px
>>50244398
>>50244060
>>50244736
>their ship is powerful
(should be) threadly reminder that Raiders are the most mechanically efficient and most easily upgraded to be powerful ships in the system. That is, if you're actually using RT rules for the ship. Don't bother asking Shas, he agrees.

- most turns no single ship will fire more than 2, maybe 3 (if you're being daft and attacking a cruiser head on) weapons against your ship until you start getting to grand cruisers and the like, so the 2 on a raider is sufficient. Less weapon slots also means fewer successful requisition rolls to get good stuff.
- Speed is everything; being able to move a few squares more and make 90 degree turns means you can much more easily stay on the opponent's bad firing arcs and makes it easier to run away from overwhelming engagements.
- Raiders also cost fewer ship points at chargen, which means you can boost your requisition. Grab some turbo-upgrades for some Staravar laser macrobatteries (both in Into the Storm) and watch cruisers melt to a single volley.
- The Meritech Shrike-class Raider (BFK p. 28) is the best ship in the game. It's a basic raider that's all-around better than either the Havoc or Hazeroth in RT, but also has a +5 to BS. Stack those bonuses, and all that jazz.
>>
>>50245070
People who take the Meritech are worthless Heretek scum.
>>
So Brute of Burden seems to be a rather stupid ability. The main thing that it does is add your size to your toughness and strength bonus score when it comes to determining carry weight. If you are a human your size value is 4. My character, with a toughness and strenght of 50 each, with synthmuscle, would be able to carry 450 kg, which is 992 pounds. I can also lift 900 kg, which is just under a ton. If I was able to get best quality synthmuscle I'd be able to carry 1350 kg, or lift 2700 kg. In other words, I could throw a car up to almost a hundred meters on a lucky roll.
Breaking it even farther, if you were to get an ogryn with 60 toughness and strength, give it best quality synthmuscle, and give it brute of burden, you could end up throwing something that weights two tons and throw it almost 200 meters.
I could probably try to find a way to push this even further but the chart kind of stops at a total bonus of 20.
>>
File: rank 1 dark heresy.gif (1022KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
rank 1 dark heresy.gif
1022KB, 500x375px
>>50244717
Sure sure, I understand that, and there most certainly can be some pleasure in that kind of game. Nothing like getting to ascension and soloing Daemon Princes to remind you of what it was like when you were a rank 1 scrub, and all that.
What I'm talking about more is the core *concept* of being a Chaos Marine. It'd be a bit like letting someone play a Vindicare, but then telling them they won't get their Exitus Rifle back until 4 sessions in, or playing a Tech Priest without any bionics until a certain story point.
Now, again, I'm also speaking from my own personal taste. For some players, walking around in civvies while still being a 7foot immortal superman is fine and dandy for a while. But for me, it's something I'd chafe at a bit, even from a purely aesthetic point of view. I'd be happy doing it for the first session, and I would certainly enjoy the occasional session where I have to ditch my armor and go subtle, but much longer than that and I'd start to wonder why I chose CSM over an augmented meathead who won't cause as much of a stir. I'm not saying "don't do it" exactly, just... be aware of what it means to some players. And be up front with them about it, obviously.
>>
>>50245070
I'm using the Rogue Trader rules for it, but considering they're heretics stealing a small ship I'm going to be IMMENSELY limiting on the number of SP they get. The goal isn't to start out with a powerful ship decked out with huge rows of awesome weapons. They'll be starting with a very basic ship and (through infamy checks and in-game actions) upgrading it and maybe even getting a second, larger ship to start their own raider armada far down the line.
>>
>>50245395
Oh of course being up front about the lack of equipment to begin with. Hell a significant portion of the character creation is picking your first acquisitions. So letting the players know not to really give a shit about their starting gear is key to letting them know what to expect.

So ideally players for whom the starting badass equipment is a key component will gravitate more to other classes.
>>
>>50245356
Add 500 kg per number above 20.
>>
>>50245395
you know, that just gave me a thought

Are there any pictures of Space Marines, chaos or otherwise, not wearing their armor? I'm curious how they'd look what with the Black Carapace and all, not to mention all the plugs and cables you always see bolted into the back and sides of their heads in the art.
>>
>>50245459
There are a few. I remember in an early issue of the old Warhammer Monthly comic there was a story about some Blood Angel exiles that often showed them without armour (which was good because the artist fucked up their shoulderpads pretty regularly).
>>
>>50245459
There are some floating around. I have conflicting memories of whether the Black Carapace is above or beneath the skin, or interwoven within it, but there are definitely a lot of little plug holes and such in their skin where the armor interfaces. Some of the art makes them look fairly normal though, just big and with a few cybernetic interfaces.
>>
>>50245459
I'm reliably informed by Dan Abnett that at lest one nekid marine (The Lokenator) was quite a tasty piece.
>>
>>50245488
It is under the skin.
>>
>>50245459
I actually did a google search right after posting this, and found this picture in a review of the latest Space Marine codex, it's a little small but seems to give the basic idea
>>
File: Space_Marine_Armour.png (506KB, 599x366px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Marine_Armour.png
506KB, 599x366px
>>50245602
zog it all, I forgot the picture like a git
>>
>>50244060
Forget the humans, do this.
>>
>>50245609
Huh, they look big compared to the people around them (who also look a bit emaciated to me) but not impossibly huge outside the armour. They'd certainly stand out but if they had full skin covering clothes to conceal the implants they may be able to pass in a civilian population.
>>
>>50245717
No. An astartes absolutely can not pass for human above and beyond them being freakishly large. Their fused ribcage, overdeveloped muscles etc will make anyone instantly go OHMYGODPLEASEDONTHURTME!
>>
>>50245793
I think things like the fused ribcage would only come into play if they were either half-flayed, or at the very least wearing no shirt and with their ribs for some reason visible through the already established massive muscles. And if they had no clothing I imagine the black carapace plugs would be a bigger concern.
>>
>>50245793
They could disguise themselves from casual glances and observation just by wearing loose-fitting robes.

Only their size would look out of place as they'd be big guys.
>>
>>50245717
Somewhat. They're not hulking size outside their armour.

>>50245793
SMs are fairly large slabs of muscle, and can intimidate well, but it's not like that's a feature that's solely theirs. Breaking down crying is more a Fear thing, than a gene/synth muscle thing.
>>
>>50245920
To be fair though, BC have a fuckton of ways for PCs to get a Fear rating.
>>
>>50245949
Sure there are, but it's not being fair to mention it. None of those are intrinsic to being a space marine.
>>
I've got my second DH1e session today, playing a feral world Guardsman. In the team we have an Assassin, an Arbites, a Techpriest and a Psykers. All fairly new to 40k rpgs.

What advances should I be looking at for Rank 1 and 2, I've taken +5 in WS,BS, and T, as well as a few sound constitution levels. Eyeing up Dodge and Quickdraw, and I fancy grenade launcher training for fun.
>>
Does it make sense to fluff Sacred Inscriptions on a highborn's family heirloom weapon to be family related rather about how awesome the Emperor is? Reminding the highborn in question that they stand for something more, and getting pinned like peasant is beneath them?

Also, how'd you guys rate this character concept?

Highborn, mutant, desperado or assassin. Ended up in Inquistor's service as either a favor or payment for a favor and as a way to hide/protect her and the family reputation. Ashamed of being mutant, she doubles down on being proud of her birth and puts a lot of stock in it. Combined with being sheltered as she was hidden away in the family home, she easily comes off as arrogant, haughty and aloof. She tries desperately to hide that she is a mutant, and is publicly disgusted by mutants to further escape suspicion.
>>
>>50242339
I've never had the opportunity to play BFG on tabeltop, but I play it with the current PC game, I've read a lot fo the pdf, and of course, I've mastered a few RT campaigns so it helps to know the ships inside out.
>>
>>50246236
They're called Sacred Inscriptions for a reason. Unless your family is sacred, no dice.

Also what kind of mutant?
>>
File: firemission.jpg (39KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
firemission.jpg
39KB, 500x526px
So, years ago, when first vague news about the development of The Only War I had such conversation with my gaming group:

>How do you expect it to work?
>Easy. Every turn of battle 10d100 NPC and d10 PC dies, violently succumbing to the 41st millenium. Use 10d100 and d6 for heroic version.
>Kinda dice heavy.
>So, what 'bout narrative version? Everyone prepares a big pile of detailed character backstories and sit around campfire, throwing character after character into the ashes, as they tell of their gruesome deaths on the battlefields of the uncaring and grim darkness of the Universe!

So how does it work? Is Only War just Starship Troopers in Full Metal Jacket while All is Quiet on Western Front? How to avoid it being boring after two-three sesions, as being grunt is kinda non-decisive line of work?
>>
Does anyone have advise on how to role play the personality and demeanor of a Skitarii ranger in an Only War game? The GM is letting me play one.
>>
>>50247349
It's really very simple.

Run Old Soldiers out of the GM Kit, run Against the Savages out of the Core Rulebook, run the entire Final Testament Campaign

And then start doing more stuff in those molds. Play up the regimental homeworld culture, the regiment on the march, interactions with other units.
>>
Black Crusade armor craftsmanship has a bit for Good quality armor giving a +5 to social tests of one choice along with a few examples. I'm having difficulty imagining what examples there would be for Deceive.
>>
>>50247748
Plain armour, to better hide your true allegiances. Or to take the book example and keep it simple; symbols that confuse the mind.
>>
>>50247736
I was thinking of running Against the Savages, then 11th hour, then Final Testament, would that work?
>>
>>50248353
Sure. Maybe throw some of your own homebrew missions into the campaign on Skrynne, no more than three or four, tell the story outside those missions with rumors among the base camp or the regiment on the march talking about the enemy's doing. Refluff 11th Hour to take place on Skrynne and cut out any mention of Severan Dominate secessionists and you're golden on that front.

Then when the PCs' regiment wins at the end of the Skrynne campaign, run Final Testament as-written. Final Testament's at its best when the PCs have developed a reputation for being hardcore veterans, I think.
>>
>>50247473

A religious zealot, tireless on the advance and super focused on the target they are to hunt. When under the effect of Doctrinas they view it as a religious transcendent experience.

Does only war have skitarii? I only saw Crimson Guard in Shield of Humanity. Did I miss a book?
>>
>>50248736
No, the closest you can get are Crimson Guard. Presumably, he's talking about the Shas homebrew, threw his own together, or is fluffing a techpriest or something.
>>
>>50248736

Thanks. We're using, and tweaking, a fan made conversion PDF jokingly called "Mars needs women."
>>
>>50242564
>Which primarch
There are no Primarchs in that picture.
>>
>>50248891

As I figured. The Shas book. The only thing I disagreed with was treating Thallax like a "dreadnought" where you had to die to gain entry. Otherwise, I thought the specializations were pretty good, just hyper focused. A skitarii isn't going to be talkative much under those rules.
>>
>>50249146

Skitarii can take the Alpha talent to become semi-leadery if that's what you mean. You're not playing a skitarii to be a social butterfly.
>>
You have any interesting hooks/ideas for encounters against severan dominate? Only War ofc.
>>
>>50246078
Take Dodge first. Dodge is damn near vital.
If you don't have it yet, grab Awareness, too.
Quickdraw/Launcher training are both great, but not as vital at low levels as taking things that keep you alive and alert. Also, consider Drive-Ground Vehicle if your party doesn't have a designated driver yet. While you're better off shooting out the back of a truck in a chase, a lot of parties ignore driving which can screw you over if your GM is mean like me and throws chase scenes at you.
I think as a Feral you automatically get "Survival" but if you don't, consider that too. Basically, after the initial boosts to combat and survival, you want to take a few cheap utility advances that will let you cover things besides fighting in a pinch.
>>
Gonna run a Rogue Trader campaign for three friends, two of which aren't very knowledgeable of 40k at all, but they're excited to go. To ease them into it, I've decided to have them start under the command of a Rogue Trader. To give them their own freedom and all, I've decided the trader is gonna be crippled as hell and can't do anything but give the occasional vague order and trusting them to do it themselves. Later on, I'll probably kill him off or make him retire. Anything I can add to or change about it?
>>
Requesting scenery, maps, locations pictures. Without the fight going on ofc.
>>
So I've recently did a pointbuy for a Sister I've made for 2nd Ed. She has 50 WS, 40 S, 35 T, and 30 Agi. She's also a Feudal Worlder and has Feudal Plate Armor along with a Great Weapon with mono, so she's definitely going to be decapitating fuckers when shit gets hot.

Got the Bodyguard talent from being a Crusader and bought Devastating Assault. Don't have Dodge, unfortunately, but since I'm pretty much a walking meat shield, don't think I'll have to worry too much, especially in combat with Parry +10 and a WS of 50. Any other thoughts on some good shit to make a true melee monster?
>>
>>50242540
>I can't think of a single one that isn't something like the fleet chapters just showing up and grabbing a few kids now and again.
Ultramar?

>>50238233
I don't understand why marrying two concepts so foreign to each other seems so popular.
>>
File: Praxis Plateau.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Praxis Plateau.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50250505
From Stellaris
I'm using this in a campaign at the moment to represent a hive city plateau at peace
>>
>>50250544
Dodge.

Because you WILL get shot at before you get there.
>>
Best grid scalling on roll20? I have changed from ft to meters, so one unit - how many meters? Since 5 meters per square is a bit too much..
>>
Also, my players seems to overuse pinning a lot. Can you actually dodge this attack or the willpower save is the only option here?
>>
>>50250268
Thanks for the advice, I'm spending my xp at the start of the session so I'll be good to go.

Yeah, feral world gives me survival, and I started with Drive (Ground Vehicle) so that's nice to have
>>
>>50250726
Thanks, got any more?
>>
Is there anywhere with stat lines for grav, radium, and arc weapons? Or fancy mechanicus stuff like Plasma Calivers?
>>
Any tileset maps you have?
>>
>>50251019

Grav is Dark Heresy 2 core. Radium and Arc and every songle mechanicus weapon is in Mars Needs Women in the OP
>>
>>50245920
>>50245906
>>50245850
The novels (abnett ones even) state flat out that no marine could ever be mistaken for a normal human.
>>
File: Hive City Vista.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hive City Vista.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50250958
>>
>>50251332
thank you!
>>
File: Hive City.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hive City.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50251332
>>
>>50247219
DH2 Mutant background of the unnatural agility (1) variant. IIRC, rolled extra arms when I tried rolling her up, figure she'd hide it under her coat.
>>
>>50239472
While the players are aboard the pirate ship, a Kill Kroozer full of ork pirates attack the players' ship.
>>
>>50251111

The only place is homebrew? D'oh! Guess I'll have to scratch those character concepts.
>>
>>50250560
People mistakenly believe that crazy mashups = creativity. Those people are wrong.
>>
>>50245356
reminds me of that screencap of DW space marines being able to balance an basilisk per shoulder and not be bothered whatsoever as far as encumbrance rules went.
>>
>>50249206

All players are Skitarii, mainly ranges with at least one infiltrator and the Alpha is an npc. These characters came along with other Skitarii on a Mechanicus war-fleet to the sector, answering a several hundred years old request for resupply. With this new force a local militant minded Magos pulled strings to lead a mixed detachement of his own Crimson Guard and Skitarii. His cybernetic optics are firmly set to reclaiming lost lore and technology from the Severen Dominate.
>>
>>50250544
Toughness is important. It's damage reduction which penetration can't do shit about. You're not as tanky as you think you are.
>>
>>50250544
Get Dodge and boost Agility/Toughness ASAP. The whole point of the feudal world bonus is to do crazy backflips and shit in heavy armor.
>>
>>50250544
>I bought Devastating Assault.
Is it too late to go back and change that? All Out Attacks are almost always a bad idea.
>>
>>50254120

I'd love to see a battle royale between a Regiment of Crimson Guard and a Maniple of Skitarii. I think the Skitarii would have a narrow edge on the ground, but dominate if they are a vehicle maniple.
>>
>>50250503
I've run this style. I made the Rogue Trader crazy old and infirm, like 500 years old with no known hour. He would occasionally help out by wheezing an order if the players seemed lost or unfamiliar but otherwise he sat in the background.

It works, but that means a player has to be the face of the group and isn't the Rogue Trader, which is somewhat difficult.
>>
>>50254677

Meanwhile, the Crimson Guard could fair better in a war of attrition via their integrated weapons. The Skitarii vanguard, however, would be utterly devastating with their radiation. Conversely, rangers using arc rifles would easily dispatch higher ranking Crimson Guard.
>>
>>50251288
That doesn't mean they can't be mistaken for anything other than a space marine.
>>
>>50240623
Feudal World has the Feral world stuff on it.
>>
So can you wear armour over or under a void suit?
>>
Is there any fan-made stats for playing a Space Marine in Only War?
>>
>>50256402
Get Deathwatch. Make a Kill-Marine.

And hope the party has a fuckton of exp to make up for the massive disparity.
>>
>>50256402
I don't think I understand.
>>
>>50256402
It's called playing Deathwatch.
>>
>>50236888
>For all your questions on Dark Heresy
So, I've been invited to play Dark Heresy 2E.
I'm not a complete newb to P&P games, but I could use a hand making the character in my head, appear on paper.

I'd like to make a commissar, because they look and sound cool as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6cSEI1FLk
And would give me an excuse to use my Victorian general voice.
However as I'm sure you know, there is no such class. (at least within the core book, and I'd like to just keep it core)

I was thinking a Noble Born,Guardsman. maybe Hierophant?
I've heard mention of a Officer class/path?
but I've confused myself at this point, as there are many choices.
Little help?
>>
>>50256871
From what i know there isn't an officer background
i would probably go with <any homeworld>/guardsman/fanatic
>>
>>50256351
Best quality would probably be fitted right to the skin so you could potentially wear something like flak over it.
>>
>>50255087
I thought the question was about whether or not a marine could pass for human. They could absolutly be mistaken for samat else especially by the average dude.
>>
>>50257268
Crusader works too.
>>
File: tom.jpg (42KB, 1200x632px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
42KB, 1200x632px
Just finished watching The Crown.

I may start sending future players wishing to roll a Seneschal clips of Tommy Lascelles being a fucking boss.
>>
>>50257631
There's still some pretty considerable variation among humans, and they're not without access to augmentations as a generalisation.
>>
>>50256871
I'm unsure, but check the Only War book, there's a section on transferring Characters to other games and what exp they should have.

I'd say choose up all the regimental specifications and such, skills, and then port him over?
>>
>>50255087

For instance, a Magos can potentially end up looking pretty close to an armored Space Marine.
>>
File: 1477376621605.jpg (266KB, 2090x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1477376621605.jpg
266KB, 2090x1230px
>>50250759
Nerves of Steel helps, no?
>>50250811
Glad to help. In general, you seem to be doing the smart thing of hitting your cheap stat increases first, then grabbing skills. As a Guardsman, your primary role is always going to be as the psycho-combat monster, so keep that up. Even if you're a shooter, don't neglect strength, as unlocking Bulging Biceps is going to be worth it later on.
>>50256351
Up to GM/varies from make of the void suit, but I'd definitely allow an armored bodyglove beneath at the least.
>>50256402
Deathwatch/Rites of battle has rules for playing a Kill Marine, the sort of solo operative most likely to fight alongside some lowly guardsmen. If you want balance, though, those Guard are going to be rocking something like 15,000 xp, so you're going to be with some damn hardcore guard.
Black Crusades' Chaos Marines are a bit weaker to start with, so you might look at that, but in general a Marine is a big fucking deal. They work better when working with Inquisitors and the like, who will usually have special skills to make up for their lack of sheer combat power.
>>
Would it be OP to let the Triplex use variable settings and incineration/precision at the same time?

So a Precision Overload shot would be 1d10+5E Pen 2 Accurate, but be Unreliable and have x4 ammo consumption.
>>
>>50259562

Man I need a toilet paper holder like that, that would be rad as fuck.
>>
>>50259690
Longlas gets Accurate, Felling(4), and Variable Setting without having to choose between Accurate & Felling.

Also has +1 Penetration, +10 Ammo on the Triplex, and always keeps 150m range. Proven(5) is ok, but better when you're rolling multiple damage dice, because you can replace 1 damage die result with your attack's degrees of success.

Just about the only thing the Triplex does better than the Longlas is be a standard M36 Lasgun ...
>>
File: Hive-sibellus-big.jpg (205KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Hive-sibellus-big.jpg
205KB, 566x800px
I need some advice planning my next campaign. My group runs all of our campaigns in a homebrew sector, with characters from previous campaigns making occasional cameos, Dragon-Age-style. Our last campaign was a DH 1e one that ended with the max-Ascension-level PCs successfully stopping a full scale Necron invasion of the sector. After experiencing those giddy heights, we agreed that the next campaign should be more restrained in terms of scale. I'm thinking about doing a DH 2e campaign that casts the PCs as re-colonists to a hive world that was temporarily taken by the Necrons. Initially, it would be somewhat GTA-esque, with the players having to resort to crime to get by and steadily assembling a criminal empire, or advancing in the ranks of an existing one. As the campaign progresses, it becomes steadily more Blacklist-esque, as it becomes apparent that there are several shadowy organizations on the planet that are searching for a Necron macguffin and, due to their connectivity with the criminal underworld, the PCs are in a prime position to intervene in this shadow war.

Any thoughts or advice for creating a campaign with this premise? I've never run something like this, so I'm not really sure how to plan it out. Also, does anyone have good sources for describing the specifics of what day-to-day life in a hive is like? I know the basics, but I'll probably need to have more if I'm going to be running an entire campaign in one.
>>
>>50261123
You got any more pics to share? Check dh1 campaigns from books and mix it up.
>>
So I'll volunteer my new group up to bump the thread up.

Got tired of not having a game so started to run my own, Lore based Parker, I can only use shock weapons arbites and a sister who wants to be of battle.

They're on a hiveworld where one hive has been handed the shortest stick and are going to have to deal with a mutant uprising, genestealer infiltration, serious Khorne cult and a Spire Slayer from Deathwatch.

They seem to love how terrible the future seems to be, specifically love the challenge and the chance they might not succeed. Is it too much though?
>>
>>50262794
Lore based Psyker, new phones that haven't learned my special dictionary are the worst
>>
A terrible thought occured to me

If GW were to pick up the 40kRPG mantle... Would their terrible "only actual models can be drawn in illustrations to avoid copyright trouble" policy apply to their RPG rulebooks too?
>>
>>50263427

Without a doubt. Hope you like the complete and total removal of Your Dudes as well as official sanctioned character models.
>>
>>50264192
>>50263427
Such a game would be effectively unplayable. It'd be like the worst blind-bag mini excesses of 3.5e D&D cranked to 11.
>>
>>50265672
The real question though, is would GW even touch the RPG side of things?
>>
>>50266672
Nah. They've been seen on the prowl at licensing conventions looking for new companies to take up their IP. They have no interest in running the RPGs themselves.
>>
>>50236888
>"Make it stop! That guy is both eating and not eating his snack, and I'm DANCING."
>"Yeah, you're doing a pretty good job of it too."
>"I. Can't. DANCE."

Being a nascent psyker is suffering.
>>
>>50265672
Cyberpunk v3, now with added grimdark...

>>50264192
Well, they could probably make it work, by making a sprue with a bunch of different sorts of arms and legs on it with different sorts of equipment, sort of like the Malifaux RPG multi-part kits.
http://giveusyourmoneypleasethankyou-wyrd.com/products/wyr30402
http://giveusyourmoneypleasethankyou-wyrd.com/products/wyr30401
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/gif/1479337959855.webm

lady: my RT character
toaster: my "archeotech" equipment
reporter: mr inquisitor
>>
So how the hell does Regimental recruitment actually work?

Like once a Founding occurs is that everyone that is ever going to be in the Regiment?

How does a regiment get fresh recruits?

Do depleted regiments get combined with other regiment to buff out their numbers?
>>
>>50268725
>EveryExploratorMagosEver.webm
>>
>>50269030
>So how the hell does Regimental recruitment actually work?
It varies based on the world, how friendly local command is, and how well-supplied they are.
>Like once a Founding occurs is that everyone that is ever going to be in the Regiment?
Usually, no.
>How does a regiment get fresh recruits?
Either they absorb local recruits (See also: Mixed Regiments, Tanith First and Only), or their commander writes a mission report to sector command and the Munitorium, who will immediately and efficiently spring into action transferring troops to replenish the beleaguered regiment at top speed, directly from their home world. And you can make quite a nice purse out of a pig's ear.
>Do depleted regiments get combined with other regiment to buff out their numbers?
Sometimes, yes.
>>
https://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/catalogue/category/fantasy-flight-games/40k-rpg_159/
Go get them while they last anons god speed they're 5$ each
>FOR THE EMPEROR!!!
>>
>>50270444
Wait, are these the hard-cover books?

>live in australia
>$5 for a book, 9 books
>$117 shipping
Why do you do this to me?! *cries*
>>
>>50270568
>Why do you do this to me?! *cries*
Because you live in the worst country in the world and every other nation loathes you.
>>
>>50270444

Anything there that still needs ripping for the mega?

Still really depressed about FFG getting the license pulled. So much promise, the only good 40k stuff. An actual feel of non-herohammer 40k life. Lost like tears in the rain.
>>
>>50270444
>No RT core or ITS or BFK
>All the actually useful OW stuff is sold out
Well. Fuck you too, FFG.
>>
>>50270644
None of them exist anymore bro. They're out of print and FFG is dumping the last of their stock.
>>
>>50270623
>Still really depressed about FFG getting the license pulled. So much promise, the only good 40k stuff. An actual feel of non-herohammer 40k life. Lost like tears in the rain.
That's what happens when you start encroaching on the core business of your licensors, I guess.
>>
>>50271043

If only GW could actually write...
>>
>>50268558

So how out of scale for GW figs would these be, roughly?
>>
>>50271192
Well, Malifaux is 32mm Heroic and 40k is 28mm Heroic so pretty bad
>>
>>50270623
>>50270754
>>50271043

So we're stuck with Inq/Inq28 until GW figures out a way to C&D it.
>>
So, I had an idea for a fanmade supplement for Black Crusade, the Tome of Unity. It'd have rules for Chaos Undivided as a separate thing from unaligned, ways to play Chaos-y versions of Rogue Trader, Deathwatch and Only War (tentatively titled Masters of the Warp, Let the Galaxy Burn, and The Lost and the Damned), and possibly some fluff advice for playing BC campaigns that don't involve an orgy of backstabbing, since that seems to be a common complaint.
>>
Sorry, but I didn´t lurk the thread these last months, may I know what is happening to FFG and the WH 40k license? Thank you.
>>
>>50272228
>may I know what is happening to FFG and the WH 40k license? Thank you.
Nothing. Everything has already happened. FFG was suspiciously silent after Enemies Beyond came out, the news suddenly came that FFG had lost the license and all games had in fact been out of print for several months, and we've sort of been in limbo ever since.
>>
What are some good weapons with the indirect quality? I'm playing a peltast and want a good indirect weapon to trigger on my abilities.
>>
>>50270444
This seems too good to be true. Are these in english and everything?
>>
>>50272640
Bought Black Crusade Core and I will have that sent to me via Forwading service, I´ll report when everything will be ok, but consider that it´s the official site, so...
>>
>>50274046
I doubt there'll be any left by the time they get delivered. They've already sold out of one of the Rogue Trader adventures (Warpstorm 3), and there's usually single-digit numbers of each of the books in stock.
>>
>>50236888
Dump me your homegrown Guard regiments, I'm collecting them for cameos and potential home regiments in a very large series of Only War games.
>>
>>50275905
I got a couple. What bits do you need?
>>
>>50275936
Not really bits. If you can compile stats and lore into a .doc and convert it to PDF for posting, that'd be awful dope.

I'm just looking for regiments to cameo in my series of games, and maybe take one or two that I like and let players take the skin of a few members for a bit. I figured that while I'm making a lot of my own, it would be neat to involve the rest of you by giving you a chance to give me Guard units you're proud of/would be okay with other players experience; either outside looking in or inside looking out.
>>
>>50275905
Here's some of mine.
http://pastebin.com/fMNwVEaM
>>
>>50275975
Here m8. The two regiments that has enough fluff and rules to be shared.
>>
How can I best run/GM an Only War game? The player will be playing a Vostroyan Firstborn sergeant leading npcs, fighting Orks on Kulth.
>>
>>50276600
Play through the adventure in the back of the book. Then start thinking about exciting missions in a military campaign along with the occasional back-at-the-base shenanigans (being in the military is 90% pure boredom with 10% pure terror, after all).
>>
>>50256351
I discussed it on a case-by-case basis with my players. For example, flak armour plates were worn over the void suit whereas the assassin's body-fitting armour was worn under it.
>>
>>50276316
There are good shit anon, thanks. What do you mean by "Regiments of Ahceron?" Since neither of these regiments are from a world named such.
>>
>>50278545
Thanks anon. And Acheron is the homebrew sector I run my games in, those two regiments come from two worlds in the Acheron sector, Vespertine (Shrine world, obviously) and Arcturus (a hive world, which was not apparent in the fluff).
>>
What is the least comfy/most uncomfortable anybody in your party has ever been?
>>
>>50275905
>>50275975
I've got a few others that I feel are complete enough to share.
>>
>>50275905
>>50275975
The first regiment posted were basically Native American airborne, while these here are infiltrators that embed themselves in the society of a human world for a few months, learn the soft bits, and destroy all those soft bits in a single night or two's work just before an Imperial assault. They're like a human equivalent for Genestealers.
>>
>>50275905
>>50275975
A mix of American Civil War and a few other military traditions that come in mainly two flavors: line fighters that basically fight like more end-of-war Union infantry with a small few modern sensibilities (who can march so fast they're called Foot Cavalry), and actual cavalry who act more like long-range raiders, scouts, and dragoons than lance-and-pistol hard chargers.
>>
Which BC book had the talent that Raptors use for bonus damage on the charge?
>>
>>50275905
>>50275975
Finally, the last I feel is done enough to include, regiments who train a few different styles (like Cadians and Scintillans), but churn out very zealous and respected tankers, mechanized infantry, and grenadiers. I included the rules for their other stuff like air-drop, artillery, and scouts, but those aren't really as important. Also I'm really happy with the Shrine World lore (especially after /40krpg/ helped me through how Sue-ish the first draft was).
>>
>>50278751
Core rulebook.
>>
>>50278765
Is it a talent or trait?
>>
>>50278863
There is a talent literally named Raptor. Maybe that's what you seek for.
>>
>>50278870
Alright, thank you.
Then I find out it's not what I thought it was
>>
>>50272604

Yeah, try playing a real character, you memeing, homebrew-using fuckwit.
>>
File: bitterness intensifies.jpg (18KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
bitterness intensifies.jpg
18KB, 292x300px
>>50272188
I would *love* a Chaos Undivided supplement. Fuck new fluff, Undivided was the shit. I'd like to see some refences/detail on offering worship to the weird "Lesser Gods" of Chaos. Weird, nasty little deities that aren't as powerful as the big 4, but can still grant you boons if you serve them. I'd probably give them more esoteric or bizarre worship needs, but that result in temporary, potent boons for those that serve them well.

I think Only-War type cultists can already be fairly well represented by the BC core, maybe just with some advice for focusing the players more on "lowly cannon fodder scum" over "Devious masterminds".

The same with Deathwatch, if you're playing a squad of Legionnaires you can just start them at higher xp levels, maybe tack on some squad rules.

Space Pirates would be cool to see expanded a little, maybe just with some classes and advice for combining the two systems.

>>50271192
Some of the Malifaux stuff, particularly the metal figures, match up fairly well. They have a tendency to be kinda tall and skinny though. Rather "anime" looking.
>>
File: 1469585348743.png (222KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
1469585348743.png
222KB, 480x452px
I just wanna play Black Crusade but I have no one to play it with
>>
>>50280856
I too, wish to be a filthy heretic.
>>
>>50280856
>>50280862
I know that feel, fellow heretics.
>>
>>50270444

>no core books but black crusade

why god why
>>
>>50236888
So how do you, as a GM, deal with a party once they have a psyker with the ability to turn off the senses and take control of the minds of their opponents?
>>
>>50282463
Enemies with the Machine trait

Enemies with the From Beyond trait

Daemons
>>
>>50282463
Either start fudging Phenomena rolls, throwing in unstable warp areas that fudge phenomena rolls, use enemies with high WP, or include enemies who, through biology or intense training, do horrible things to people who come into mind to mind contact with them. Or you start playing extra unfairly and have a body-possessing psyker as a BBEG so it turns into Spy vs Spy played with innocent schmucks' bodies.
>>
>>50280648
Cool. Do you want to actually talk about this some more? I had an idea for an Undivided alignment that wouldn't come with a Mark, but would allow you to select a few skills/talents from each god as Undivided ones for an individual character, so taking them wouldn't make them drift towards another god.

The Only War stuff I was thinking about was actually rules for making Chaos regiments, using OW specializations for base character creation (modified, naturally), then letting you advance your character with BC rules. So you'd start off with lower power, but you'd have a regiment and a freer ability to advance (of course, a L&D regiment would have other issues, like logistics/requisition difficulties).

Deathwatch wouldn't need much, but I'd be interested in rules for ordinary CSMs of each Traitor Legions, not just specialist CSM roles.

>>50280856
Me three there.
>>
File: 1449953360426.jpg (3MB, 2000x2877px) Image search: [Google]
1449953360426.jpg
3MB, 2000x2877px
>>50282463
The Ordo Hereticus takes umbrage with said Psyker and the heretics that harbor that such an abomination. So they break out their anti-psyker kit and decide to go for a good ol' fashioned witch burning.

Anti-psyker gear is spread all over the lines, so you'll have to go look personally. But various Dark Heresy books should have the most of them.
>>
>>50282704
As a rogue trader can't they tell the Ordo Hereticus to go fuck themselves?
>>
Fast, tell me the most OP Implant that a Rogue Trader can have.
>>
>>50282913
Probably not, but any Inquisitor who's this maniacal about hating psykers is going to be one of the less pragmatic Monodominants, so they will definitely have enemies; try to figure out who they are and get them to fight.
>>
>>50282913
Sure, doesn't mean that whoever from the Ordo Hereticus will stop trying to fuck the Rogue trader and his cronies though. Or that they would do it in the open, they might sent covert witch-hunting squads and what not.
>>
>>50282913
No.
>>
>>50269030
They also rebuild from within by making babies.
>>
>>50283198

So the Firstborn sons of Vostroya use Mechanicus artificial wombs?
>>
>>50282913
They can if they think they already lived a long and satisfying life.
>>
>>50283339
I-if that's what you want to tell yourself, anon, then yes!
But IG regiments keep going provided they can find wombs and sperm donors...
>>
>>50282913
Depends on the Inquisitor, depends on the Rogue Trader.

The Imperium is a delicate balancing act of various organs and allies. While Inquisitor's power is often described as "limitless." That's quite simply not the case.
>>
>>50283742
>While Inquisitor's power is often described as "limitless." That's quite simply not the case.
Fyodor Karamazov would like a word with you...
>>
>>50283878
The limit of an Inquisitor's power is how scared other Imperial Institutions and individuals are of opposing his power, and how good he is at survivign their assassination attempts.
>>
>>50283938
Power. If you can do it, do it. If you can't: run hide pray.
>>
File: xenomorph starship troopers bug.jpg (189KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
xenomorph starship troopers bug.jpg
189KB, 1920x1072px
>>50236888
Stat me for a creepy game. I don't know if I'm going to make them a new xenos or just make them a different kind of tyranid form.
>>
>>50283878
>Fyodor Karamazov
Oh yeah. A lord inquisitor with the backing of a fleet and shit tons of SoBs took out a equivalent of a planetary Governor.

Now say it was the Fabricator General of Mars he was going to tangle with. How the fuck well do you think that goes for Mr.Robotchair?
>>
File: Ravener_2.png (1MB, 1050x1449px) Image search: [Google]
Ravener_2.png
1MB, 1050x1449px
>>50284421
Any book that talks about the Tyranids.
>>
Just finished up a Rogue Trader campaign I GM'ed. Kinda disappointed how it turned out.

>Rogue Trader crew is hired by a food production company to look into a rival company undercutting them
>Rival food ration company won a contract making food for the regional Imperial Guard regiments by promising prices nearly half of what they could offer, for double the goods in every ration
>Steak, potato, desert, shot of amasec, even cloth napkins
>Tests of this new food has been amazing, best tastin' shit ever!
>Sent to unearth the secret dealings/recipe that allows the company somehow get profit from this and if possible, destroy it
>Groups sets off, learns of the CEO getting married to a hot lady, they crash a party, even try taking him hostage
>Doesn't work, local Arbites ends up freeing the CEO (the group rolled very badly)
>They do escape with financial information
>Seneschal analyzes the papers and realizes the truth
>The company wasn't making any money
>They were in the hole billions, despite the CEO going on in the party how well they were doing
>Going off of the papers, they fly in to investigate the largest factory, hoping to find answers
>Sneak in, kill some guards, finally reach the main control room
>Huge pool of gravy, being marinaded in a horrid pulsating stone with a Slanneshi symbol
>Big bad hot wife shows up, explains that she doesn't care the company is going in the pits, as long as more contaminated gravy is infecting every Imperial Guardsmen in the sector
>Slannesh himself in every proud Guardsmen
>The Ork Freebooter, of all players, asked why she was telling them this
>>
>>50284972

>"Cause you're businessmen. Leave. You have no ties to this. Tell whatever you want to whoever hired you and I'll pay you double. And..."
>"When you come back to your cabins tonight, a surprise will await you."
>Group thinks, nods, decides "Fuck it, we'll leave."
>They go back to their ship, climb in, and sail away
>Find they did get 2x the Profit Factor due to them just leaving
>As GM, I left a single 2x4 foot box in each of the players cabin
>"This is the gift her patron left you. Within reason, you can request any object that can fit in that chest, and it will be given to you. But, you can expect some corruption."
>Ork is ready to rip the thing open

Fucking pissed too. I arranged if they said no to the wife that the boss fight would be a huge gravy monster. Would take precise hits to destroy to Slannesh relic to take it down. Oh wellll....
>>
>>50284989
>expecting an RT crew to not take the path of most profit and least resistance
You fucked up, anon. Decent story, though.
>>
>>50284972
>>50284989
I don't want to be that guy and shit on other people having fun.

But evil gravy? Food processing company? Not expecting the players to take the profit?

That sounds pretty fucking stupid anon.
>>
File: i don't wanan be chaos anymore.jpg (938KB, 2400x1634px) Image search: [Google]
i don't wanan be chaos anymore.jpg
938KB, 2400x1634px
>>50282687
My BC experience is limited, but I like your idea.
Let's see, what does Undivided do right now?
Re-roll on your mutations and pick the best result.
Allied with everything for skills/stats
No rewards/no marks.

Maybe dedicating yourself to being Undivided could be a Talent? It would let you select a few skills/talents as unaligned instead of aligned, and maybe give some sort of fellowship bonus/lack of penalty when dealing with followers of other gods, as the Undivided champions are usually the ones who can unite multiple factiosn together.
Maybe we could come up with an undivided Rewards list, but one that you only gain access to at every other corruption threshold, rather than every one? So going aligned still grants easier access to better powers.
>>
>>50285130
>>50285168

Yeah, it was my fault believeing our previous campaigns in Deathwatch would give them a habit of NOT trusting Chaos. A misstep on my part. Having a fucking Ork didn't help either.

Otherwise, fuck off. I was soooo excited for gravy monster. Spent all day designing it. Just be happy you weren't there for the fabrichet egg campaign against the Tau. Shit was lit.

But th
>>
>>50285231
* Sorry, crapped out.

But the overall campaign was fun in the end.
>>
>>50285209
>>50282687
You would need to make it comparable to aligning to one of the actual gods.

Maybe something like a bonus to your infamy acquiring non-aligned gear (which is going to be most of it). Or something like every time you acquire 1 aligned advance from all four gods, your next aligned advance is free.
>>
>>50284430
Fabricator General of Mars? I assume he's virtually untouchable by the Inquisition unless they have something real big on them and even then they might have to tread carefully.
>>
>>50285209
Something more like exalted psychic powers would be nice
>>
>>50285331
And that's why saying Inquisitors have unlimited power is incorrect.
>>
>>50285392
If the inquisitor knows the FG's super secret, then suddenly the FG is that inquisitor's bitch. Knowledge is just as powerful as Mars, friend anon.
>>
>>50283938

One should never underestimate the centeries long planning, determination, cunning, guile, and subterfuge of a sufficiently competent Arch-Magos.
>>
>>50285644
>sufficiently competent Arch-Magos
>competent
I think I see your problem, anon.
>>
>>50285392
>>50285331
>>50285629
I've said it before and I'll say it again. On paper, a lot of groups and/or people have absolute power, authority, or autonomy in the Imperium. A few examples include
>Inquisitors: Absolute authority
>High Lords of Terra: Absolute power and authority
>Mechanicus: Absolute autonomy
>Navis Nobilite: Absolute autonomy
>Astartes: Absolute autonomy
>Rogue Traders: Absolute autonomy and authority
The list goes on and on, but it's quite self-evident that some are more absolute than others, and none of them can actually function on their own, and depend on the other groups to function, to a greater or lesser degree. This is part of why and how the Imperium actually works.
>>
>>50276316
>Vespertine Rifles
What picture are you using for this? I've been looking for it; the guy you're using also had a buddy with mostly the same armor. If you still have that, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>50285695
Hell, the Imperium and the Mechanicum just ended their civil war a millenium ago.
>>
Have any rouge Necron scientists worked with Heretical Tech-priests? Conversely, are there any Hereteks who joined the Tau Empire? Both sound like interesting ploy hooks for a Dark Heresy or Rouge Trader game.
>>
>>50286546

*plot hook
>>
>>50286546
Whatever you wanna GM man, ran a Deathwatch game where the players had to extract a heretek who defected to the Tau myself.
>>
>>50286546
>>have any rouge Necron scientists worked with Heretical Tech-priests?
>Rogue scientist from a government black-budget lab, circa 1974 or so, defects with a suitcase full of classified blueprints that could tip the balance of world power
>Moves to rural South America and starts working with Bolivia's military-scientific group to ensure Bolivian supremacy in the cold war
Does this scenario seem likely to you, anon? Because that's basically how a cryptek would view it.
>>
How would you feel with a Wych in a RT party? I've always wanted to play one in a RT game.

I figure, she would be onboard the ship for the crew's entertainment in some sort of makeshift ring, and the RT would to keep them in line with the threat of being thrown against her. Of course, fighting keeps herself satiated, too. The RT himself would likely be an exotic creature/slave dealer.

I figure she was more or less traded in exchange for some big critter or some other exotic slave like a Tau for the DE's own pits, and she sticks around for the fun of it. Maybe she even has a favorite party member she there's as a pet and likes to train them, but it's more like a cat playing with a mouse. She gets joy from their pain, and maybe the party member is actually getting better at stuff (she doesn't actually care).

For adventuring, why not send the masochistic xenos down? She loves the thrill. Boarding party? Send the bloodthirsty alien who's race literally does exactly that for sport. Ect.
>>
>>50287108

Only faggots play xenos. Play a real character.
>>
>>50287108
If your group isn't into the idea, playing what's basically a pain vampire might not sit well.
>>
>>50287108
I've had a wych in a group before. It was, frankly, more trouble than it was worth for all concerned, not as interesting as everyone thought, and really just kind of disappointing.
>>
How do I make vehicle combat less fucked so it doesn't take a Leman Russ 20 turns to kill another tank? I was tempted to do a flat armor points reduction on all vehicles but that would mess up lighter vehicles. It's weird too because the MP Lascannon is one of the best anti-armor weapons in the game.
>>
>>50288879
Accept that battle cannons are not anti-tank as statted.

Increase battle cannon AP vs vehicles.

Bring back the AP reduction use of the Evaluate skill ... probably with a lore skill, or some other under used skill.
>>
>>50289137
And other weapons? A Krak Missile can only reliably hurt a Russ in the rear, with a 50% chance to do any damage on the side.

3d10+8 (avg 24) Pen 8
>>
>>50289137
Or, you know, use a vanquisher cannon.
>>
>>50289168
Even the Vanquisher Cannon isn't great. Average damage 37.5X Pen 6 damage.

So in a typical attack it will remove like 3 Structural Integrity out of 55.
>>
>>50289238
Pen 16
>>
>>50289163
Use the Anti-Armor training doctrine in Hammer of the Emperor.

Getting degrees of success on the attack roll added to Pen along with your BS bonus add up, especially if you have the guy using the anti-armor weapon pump BS.
>>
>>50289163
>And other weapons? A Krak Missile can only reliably hurt a Russ in the rear, with a 50% chance to do any damage on the side.
Isn't that pretty accurate to the wargame, though? Strength 8 vs Armor 14 is a glancing hit on a 6 with a Heavy 1 weapon, which means that the expected result is basically no damage taken (1/6 of a Hull Point lost on average out of 3), while on the sides vs Armor 13, you glance on a 5 and penetrate on a 6 which isn't that much better (1/2 of a Hull Point lost on Average out of 3).
>>
>>50290773

The war game means nothing. This is the RPG. The two are completely separate from each other.
>>
>>50291361
They both represent the same universe, though. It makes sense that it's almost impossible to seriously damage a Leman Russ tank with a Krak missile except from the back in both.
>>
>>50288879
Every penetrating hit causes critical damage.
>>
>>50237984
Why does this gay kebab machine have a stock and trigger system?
>>
>>50291456
Tzeenchian Kebab. The favour of the gods in every bite!
Warning: Materialized emotions. Highly Mutagenic. May Contain Herresy And Traces of Peanuts
>>
Can flora and fauna of a planet by psykers? Even weak ones? A carbivorous plant that draws in prey via telepathic suggestion? Hive minded (not tyranid) creatures? Predators that make themselves invisible?
>>
>>50291587
Yup. I remember various occurences of psychic flora. Probably including some from the rpgs.

Like the psychic grass in Eisenhorn.
>>
>>50291587
yes it can. this the 40K universe, it is so big that it can include almost anything you want, so yes, psychic flaura and fauna is indeed a possibility.
>>
>>50291376

No they don't. The RPG is made by people who care about the setting, and prioritize lore over rollplaying. The tabletop is made by hacks who want to sell models and wreck the settings richness. Taking "inspiration" from the tabletop means you don't care about the setting, and you are just as bad as the tripfag.

Tanks FEEL unstoppable, which is how the lore depicts them and the RPG makes them.
>>
Is there a way to keep a Sister Repentia from dying?
>>
Any recommendations on music for combat? I was thinking of using some of the same stuff for Shadowrun, but I'm not sure if cyberpunk music would fit Rogue Trader.
>>
>>50291587
>>50291840
>>50292025
>planet has psychic grass
>gets Perils of the Warp
>suddenly daemons everywhere
>>
>>50292464
fulfill your oath and re-join your order, or end up stranded on a planet with no enemies.
>>
>>50292204

Christ on a segway, what is it about xenos and homebrew that causes so much salt? It's so hard to talk about things sometimes.
>>
>>50238447
I exaggerated the dangers of low subtlety by saying the heretical cult would send a daemonhost to destroy anyone they definitely knew was associated with the Inquisition. That kept the players from using their characters Influence to get too much gear as they knew that would get them attention.
>Example of subtlety failure outside of DH:
There was this one episode of the tv show NCIS where the team was hunting down a terrorist leader. He was highly mobile, couldn't be tracked, blah blah blah. They wound up finding the guy because he really liked slushee drinks and would order them delivered to where ever he was. So they followed the slushee and then drone striked the terrorist after getting face to face confirmation.
>>
>>50294060
>implying that anyone in the Imperium has those sorts of mass surveillance abilities
Maybe on a Forge World, but anywhere else?
>>
File: 64L9jGX.jpg (78KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
64L9jGX.jpg
78KB, 497x373px
What are some favors a Rogue Trader might do for a Space Marine chapter to gain favor? Space Marines are so self-sufficient that they can do pretty much anything they need themselves. The only thing I can really think of (though I'm probably not being creative enough) is to ship supplies to them, but the chapter in question has a pretty good chapter forge and can make anything that they would need to have replenished on the regular.
>>
>>50294085
Hive Worlds, and some Imperial worlds are likely highly advanced.
>>
>>50294177
The big one is recovering lost relics, dreadnought sarcophagi, or geneseed, but the procedure here is much like returning soul stones to the Eldar or STC fragments to the Mechanicus: You turn up, offer the goods to them in good faith, hand it over as diplomatically as possible, never breathe the word 'trade' until the handoff is done, and *then* you politely ask them about trade and/or favors.
If you're willing to throw yourself and your men into an utter fuckstorm, you might also try rescuing an Astartes squad from a heroic last stand and being a big goddamn hero. Be advised that your troops and resources will sustain absolutely ludicrous casualties doing this.
>>
>>50294177
Rescue one of the members of their chapter from the Dark Eldar.

(This is actually likely to happen if your party plays through the Dark Eldar-themed adventure.)
>>
>>50292481
I'd say that the music is strongly depending on the location and the enemy. Shadowrun music is awesome for hives and industrial complexes, but you could use anything from classical music over game and movie soundtracks to tribal drums and industrial.

My personal favourite is powermetal tho, nothing beats fighting chaos to the elevating sounds of gloryhammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGV6bCTMM5w
>>
>>50295179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx61xeDV_60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czpve_uNiLM
>>
Might be joining a group on this but it's a first time for me, any basic tips before i join and start making my character? I've played WFRP so there are some similarities that i recognize in the system at least.
>>
>>50295611
Try being really vague and unhelpful. You won't get tg's best advice unless we have no idea which game you're talking about.
>>
>>50295752

Dark heresy 2e, and you have a good Friday you too.
>>
>>50295779
Use cover. Carry grenades. Aim before you shoot.

Eat the Subtlety penalty to use your Inquisitor's Influence to requisition a Power Stake as soon as possible - they're your best bet for killing powerful daemons, and will usually one-hit kill human psykers.
>>
>>50295843

Thanks, gonna see how much influence we can muster on our run regarding the power stake.
>>
>>50295887
Eh. I disagree with that anon. A power stake only helps if you're Ordo Malleus. Make sure your aptitudes match up if this game is gonna last. Try to get Finesse, if you can. Feudal World Assassins are hilariously OP in melee.
>>
>>50290773
No because Leman Russes in the wargame don't have 50 HP.

>>50292204
They're so unstoppable anti-tank weapons can't kill tanks.
>>
>>50296302
>They're so unstoppable anti-tank weapons can't kill tanks.

Good. The Hammer of the Emperor marches on.
>>
>>50296102
>Eh. I disagree with that anon. A power stake only helps if you're Ordo Malleus.
A Power Stake helps regardless of what branch of the Inquisition your Inquisitor belongs to. Hell, it's a stereotypical Hereticus weapon, and it turns Eldar Seers and Ork Weirdboys into charcoal if you're Xenos.
>>
Hot Bred

>>50296643
>>50296643
>>50296643
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.