[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 53

File: Dark Heresy Doom.jpg (70KB, 409x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy Doom.jpg
70KB, 409x400px
"Ordinatus is so tiny and smol" edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lfbawnl8buxaoc3

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyv56zze9m828d2

Everyone knows the top 3 weapons in the game are autocannons, special-ammo storm bolters, and bio-corrosive rotor cannons. What is the weapon you find you can't live without?

Prev: >>50132452
>>
File: IMG_3810.jpg (170KB, 282x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3810.jpg
170KB, 282x413px
>>50187606
DH2E, my players have discovered the joys of Accurate weapons, and now roll around with 4/5th of them carrying sniper rifles, except for the melee guy. It's pretty amazing how many mods they can stack in their favor for shooting.
>>
>>50187716
And how long have they been playing/reading the 40k rpg books?
>>
File: DBi0bpM.jpg (22KB, 606x177px) Image search: [Google]
DBi0bpM.jpg
22KB, 606x177px
>>50187606
The Long-Las.
It's elegant, it's grace, it'll burn off your face.
>>
>>50187606

volkite is my weaponfu
>>
File: lol wat am i doing.jpg (98KB, 736x666px) Image search: [Google]
lol wat am i doing.jpg
98KB, 736x666px
>>50187606
As a Tech Priest? Bare hands. I was a nightmare with all Luminen shit I was slangin' at low levels. I liked to think of my guy as fighting a bit like a cyborg version of Heihachi from Tekken.
>>
My Condemnor bolter is my best friend.
>>
File: Knew You Were My Nigga.jpg (41KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
Knew You Were My Nigga.jpg
41KB, 1033x679px
>>50187788
>>
>>50187606
>What is the weapon you find you can't live without?
Bayonets. Preferably mono or chain, but having an emergency melee "Oh shit" button when using a longarm adds immensely to my peace of mind, even if logically I know it's a glorified security blanket. And then I ask the techpriest about getting a power bayonet or one with Razor Sharp, and I feel even safer.
>>
>>50188047
I wish they'd make any sort of rules for chain or power bayonets beside "yeah they exist"
>>
>>50188249

Chain Attachment in OW, functions as Chain Knife in close combat.

In theory, you can do the same thing with a power knife.
>>
>>50187605
Then stop being tardy about acknowledging the context of the conversation.
>>
>>50188277
What

Where is that
>>
File: Chain Ship 40k.jpg (83KB, 963x331px) Image search: [Google]
Chain Ship 40k.jpg
83KB, 963x331px
>>50188540

only war hammer of the emprah p121
>>
>>50188578
Shiiiiiiet
>>
>>50188578
What're the stats on this thing
>>
>>50188731
It's a bad photoshop, man. That said? You can get silly amounts of ram damage from an over-armored ship if you give it a Reinforced Prow, an Armored Prow, and a Power Ram.
>>
>>50188249
>>50188277
Why is it the only place you find Power Knives is in BC? It seems like it'd be a ubiquitous weapon in the Imperium.
>>
>>50188958

Because power knives are the signature weapons of the Alpha Legion primarily, and Custodian Guard secondarily. They're rather hard to find.
>>
>>50189097
That's stupid and doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>50187732
it's also the only thing I could hit anything with.
>>
>>50189197
Welcome to 40k, where everything is stupid and makes no sense. This place runs on grimdark and rule of cool. l suggest making your peace with this now.
>>
>>50187606
I love the shotgun and shield combo, especially if the shotgun has a bayonet on it or if it's the "counts as shock maul in melee" shotgun from RT.
>>
>>50187606
>What is the weapon you find you can't live without?
Best Quality Power Maul. Relatively concealable, unobtrusive, useful in lethal and non-lethal takedowns, and can be used to batter down doors in a pinch.
>>
Plasma Revolver
>>
Any corrosive weaponry, especially iron eater grenades. They're remarkably solid support weapons since they chew up the target's armor.
>>
So I'm making an OW regiment. Is it normal that your average trooper will have a fuckton of grenadeS?
>>
>>50190273

Rule of cool's the only rule worth following, really.
>>
>>50191649
Depends on the regiment. Are you making a close-assault one?
>>
>>50191649

I made a regiment where every soldier's given 3 frag grenades, 2 stun grenades, 2 flash grenades, 2 pipe bombs, and 2 demo charges. Do you mean that kind of "a lot"?
>>
>>50191649
If that's how your regiment rolls, that's how they roll.

Having GMed and played Only War games, I do have a bit of advice there, though: Generally speaking, grenades are some of a trooper's best friend. No matter how your regiment's starting kit goes, the individual will eventually get his hands on as much explodium as he can manage. So if they start with a lot because their regimental style involves it, you're basically saving yourself a lot of logi tests.
>>
File: 1419018702140.jpg (133KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1419018702140.jpg
133KB, 450x600px
>>50191649
Grenades are awesome.

Not just for the players, but also for you. Having more consumable heavy ordnance gives your players a panic button and lets you as a GM throw bigger stuff at them (Within Reason).

Your average guardsman squad would never stand a chance against a chaos space marine. But grenades are the great equalizer. While they may not be able to kill the bastard easily, it becomes possible with some well placed krak nades, blind grenades for concealment and stun grenades when you have to run away screaming.
>>
>>50191920
>Your average guardsman squad would never stand a chance against a chaos space marine
Depends on whether your guardsman squad has meltas or krak missiles on them.
>>
>>50191990

Also what kind of Space Marine they are. If they're Khornate, you may be able to lure them into a spot where you can let the environment do the killing or just mass what ordnance you have.
>>
Okay, so let's say that the PC Rogue Trader has gotten engaged to an NPC Rogue Trader (like, say, Madame Charlabelle from Lure of the Expanse), and they're intending to merge their dynasties together, de facto if not de jure.

How would you handle this? Just make the wedding an Endeavor?
>>
>>50192066
I'd certainly run it as an endeavour.

As with any massive political and economic merger, there are going to be people coming out of the woodwork to object, try and get in on the action giggity, and all around make life hard for the pair.

You'll at least have to try and placate the members of each household that they're not going to lose their shit to a whole bunch of new relatives.

As well as trying to deal with all the other Rogue Tradres who will see you as a gigantic fucking threat to their business prospects.

An excellent choice, by the way. That poor woman needs all the help she can get.
>>
>>50187731
Got a couple guys who know the ins and outs, a couple guys who've played some of the vidya and a grill new to it who can't stop psykering.
>>
File: RT Laertes and Co, resized.jpg (2MB, 1538x2175px) Image search: [Google]
RT Laertes and Co, resized.jpg
2MB, 1538x2175px
>>50192066
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?489083-Rogue-Trader-Into-the-Maw-or-How-I-Became-Incredibly-Wealthy&p=13170373#post13170373

Well, it has to involve a cunning plan...
>>50192066

Charlabelle's assets are useful by all means, but almost any marriage is to her advantage and to your PCs detriment. Her dynasty is weak and her fleet is feeble. Never marry /down/, unless it's for love, and even then don't get married formally. There is simply too much at stake.

In the thread above, in our game, we had assassinations, politics, Mah-Jong, feuds, counterfeuds, and Orkestra (sadly, purged from the archives), and a few minor wars before we ended up marrying off Lord Captain Olivares to Lady Captain Chorda.
>>
>>50192097
Bah! What is this, a charity auction?

40k is a feudal setting. You marry to secure an alliance, to turn a foe into an ally, to grow your wealth, or to make a subtle move in a long-term game. You don't marry out of /pity/.

If you feel like Madame Charlabelle is deserving of an alliance - and that's fine, she seems sensible enough - make her a vassal in all but name of your dynasty. Sign a trading charter that allows her to move between your colonies and profit by them. Allow her to rebuild her fleet - to your benefit and profit. Perhaps marry her to one of your heirs or cousins - not a /direct/ heir, but enough that you will be tied by blood and parchment.

Madame Charlabelle wants security and a chance to rebuild her dynasty. Give her the time to do it, and her descendants might manage to make something of themselves. Until then, she has a tramp freighter and a forgotten name.
>>
>>50192215
>That lady
I recognize that artstyle, this is the guy that drew grown up Clarissa ss-ing her son isnt it?
>>
>>50192550
I don't... think so?

It's not impossible.http://davidap.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>50192272
> Never marry /down/, unless it's for love, and even then don't get married formally.
Marrying down can have its benefits, too, as long as you don't marry *too far* down (if there's a commoner you like, you can just add them to your harem of concubines). By marrying down, you get an ally whose metaphorical rising star is firmly tied to your own; the risks of betrayal or corrupt behavior is much lower, since if they bring you down, they bring themselves down, as well.

>In the thread above, in our game, we had assassinations, politics, Mah-Jong, feuds, counterfeuds, and Orkestra (sadly, purged from the archives), and a few minor wars before we ended up marrying off Lord Captain Olivares to Lady Captain Chorda.
I wouldn't, personally; Aspyce Chorda seems like more than a bit of a bitch (and even if personality isn't the most important thing, you're still going to have to spend a decent chunk of the rest of your life around them), and, more importantly, she's very heavily involved in corruption (of the financial variety, not the Chaos variety).

>>50192215
>Madame Charlabelle wants security and a chance to rebuild her dynasty. Give her the time to do it, and her descendants might manage to make something of themselves. Until then, she has a tramp freighter and a forgotten name.
She's the only NPC Rogue Trader who comes out of the Dread Pearl with any noteworthy profit, and don't underestimate how useful a tramp freighter can be; most ships can only carry tiny amounts of cargo in comparison, and if you've managed to leverage the Zayth adventure into a peace summit, well, you've got a Hive World's vast manufacturing abilities combined with its endless hunger for food and raw materials, and she's got just the ship to take advantage of that.

Also, if the PC party decided to go for Ship Points rather than Profit Factor during CharGen, she's not much more worse off than they are.
>>
So, out of curiosity, has anyone here ever completed the Warpstorm Trilogy, and if so, how did your fight with Karrad Vall go? Looking at his stat blocks, he seems pretty strong...
>>
>>50194119
we did, though our campaign was a mix of Lure of the Expanse and the Warpstorm Trilogy.
We faced karrad Valls over Iniquity : while half the team was heisting his vaults, looking for one of the map to the Dread pearl, the RT basically asked to meet him, wanting to join, tempted by the offers from slaaneshi agents she has received before. She went on his bridge, alone except for her fanfare, and challenged him to a tango.
And stabbed him with a power stake. Considering that she is an augmenticist strong enough to lift a chimera, it hurt a lot. she then teleported back to her ship, running away at all speed for an emergency jump, most of the loot of his vault inside her own cargo bays.
it would have prooved not enough, with Valss recovering and about to pursue, if the seneschal during the heist had not recognised, inside Vall's vault, that there was there Exterminatus Warhead, an archeotech mass-to-energy converter.
It wasn't fired toward the OPTIMUS NEMESIS. nor blown on Inequity itself. he fired it toward the black hole at the middle of the system...

they broke the segmentum record of the larget man-made explosion with that.
>>
>>50194373
and tfor those who were asking : what de we fight inise Lu'nassad when it came near Footfall ? well, it appeared that when lu'nassad was corrupted, they tried to summon the Avatar to help them. In vain.
So when we entered the center of the corrupted Craftworld, we were charged by a godamned corrupted Avatar of Khaine. A hell of a fight.

though, we are about to close the campaign soon, going too to the last climatic fight : destroying Erasmus motherfucking Haarlock over the Dread Pearl.
>>
File: Koronus Expanse.png (2MB, 1502x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Koronus Expanse.png
2MB, 1502x1126px
>>50192738
>the risks of betrayal or corrupt behavior is much lower, since if they bring you down, they bring themselves down, as well.

I'm not sure I agree - if it seems like the only way to step out of your shadow is by knocking you over, they will.

The plural of "Rogue Trader" is "war". Always has been.

>Aspyce Chorda seems like more than a bit of a bitch

You are not wrong. She's more than unreasonably crazy.

But her sister Anastasia, whom we found frozen in a cryotube, decanted, and use to steal a fair portion of the Chorda dynasty's fleet via a rigged game of Mah-Jong, a carpet cleaning machine, and some allies willing to wager a cruiser each

>you're still going to have to spend a decent chunk of the rest of your life around them

Oh hardly. You have a starship. They have a starship. You're not retiring to a cabin on Solace to read devotional tracts. There's plenty of Rogue Trading to be done - if you want little heirs, get the Tech-Priests to help. No need for one of you to carry the child personally.

>he's very heavily involved in corruption (of the financial variety, not the Chaos variety).

Again: Rogue. Trader.

If you aren't involved in financial corruption, there are two options. Either you are, and your Seneschal hasn't told you, or you aren't, and you're going to be robbed blind by people who are.

>and she's got just the ship to take advantage of that.

Correct! But that's one trade route from one world - worthy of a Chartist captain or an impoverished Rogue Trader house, but not worth an offer of marriage. Other alliances could be formed.

>Also, if the PC party decided to go for Ship Points rather than Profit Factor during CharGen, she's not much more worse off than they are.

Save for the fact that /they/ are the PCs, and she is not.
>>
>>50194997
>I'm not sure I agree - if it seems like the only way to step out of your shadow is by knocking you over, they will.
So you need to arrange the incentives so that it's a bad idea for them to do so: the risks outweighing the rewards.

>Oh hardly. You have a starship. They have a starship. You're not retiring to a cabin on Solace to read devotional tracts. There's plenty of Rogue Trading to be done - if you want little heirs, get the Tech-Priests to help. No need for one of you to carry the child personally.
You're still going to living for hundreds of years if nothing goes wrong, and even if your primary method of communication is through astropathic messages, you're still going to be talking to them a lot; if they fuck up badly enough, you're going to be helping clean up, or getting caught in the crossfire.

Also, personal interactions build loyalty and cost little. This especially applies to sexual interactions, due to the hormones and neurotransmitters released during orgasm.

>If you aren't involved in financial corruption, there are two options. Either you are, and your Seneschal hasn't told you, or you aren't, and you're going to be robbed blind by people who are.
Well, when your Seneschal is a member of the Adepta Sororitas' Order Famulus...

Besides, money that's being spent bribing officials is money that's not being divided among your key supporters to buy loyalty.

>Correct! But that's one trade route from one world - worthy of a Chartist captain or an impoverished Rogue Trader house, but not worth an offer of marriage. Other alliances could be formed.

More than one route. Mining colonies to Zayth, Agri-worlds to Zayth, Zayth to the closest Munitorum depot, Naval base, or local warzone...

Selling Macrocannons to the Navy is likely to be pretty profitable.

>Save for the fact that /they/ are the PCs, and she is not.
Well, that's a bit of an out-of-character justification, now isn't it?
>>
>>50191649
Hell yeah

If they're smart they'll open every encounter with grenades
>>
Is it possible for a weapon to be "stained" with good deeds instead of daemonic influence? For it to be passed on from hero to hero, doing great deeds and being slowly coated in the blood of the imperium's enemies?

And if so, how would you represent it in crunch terms? Besides just saying sanctified and calling it at that
>>
>>50195728
That's literally what Sanctified weapons are.

Particularly holy ones (e.g. the personal relics of Saints) might get the Daemonbane trait or special rules of their own.
>>
>>50195728
That's pretty much what Relic or Sanctified weapons are/do
>>
File: Possessed_Khorne_Daemonkin.jpg (49KB, 340x463px) Image search: [Google]
Possessed_Khorne_Daemonkin.jpg
49KB, 340x463px
Any of you guys ever played a possessed marine? If and when I find a black crusade group I intend to make that a character
goal. And I was wondering if looseing out on ascension is worth it? Because exploding into a daemon and having your soul mercifully absorbed by said daemon doesn't sound to bad. Considering the alternative is spawndom.
>>
>>50196428

If I could be a gal vorbak, totally. But that isn't an option.
>>
>>50196428
I'd do it just for the fun of it
>>
>>50195477
>So you need to arrange the incentives so that it's a bad idea for them to do so: the risks outweighing the rewards.

Right, so you can design a contract that enforces these terms, but if they're too unfavourable, they won't sign. Even if there are no loopholes, there's always plausible deniability. Those aren't /my/ ships, those are just temporary space stations or very large cafes.

And no Rogue Trader will consent to be a lesser partner in a long-term enterprise if they can help it. Would you?

>You're still going to living for hundreds of years if nothing goes wrong
If you're lucky. Very, very lucky.

>'re still going to be talking to them a lot; if they fuck up badly enough, you're going to be helping clean up, or getting caught in the crossfire.

Absolutely! There's just no reason to be in love with this person - if you help out, it's for sensible reasons. No suicidal charges required.

>Well, when your Seneschal is a member of the Adepta Sororitas' Order Famulus...

Sorry, in that case, "tithed blind".

Or manipulated. What does the Order think of marrying these 2 dynasties? Do they have plans of their own for the Rogue Trader's lineage(s)?

>More than one route. Mining colonies to Zayth, Agri-worlds to Zayth, Zayth to the closest Munitorum depot, Naval base, or local warzone...

In a rustbucket tub? You'd need at least 2 escorts to make long-distance runs safely. The Expanse is very dangerous.

>Well, that's a bit of an out-of-character justification, now isn't it?

Rogue Trader is probably the only game where the characters can make an assumption /similar/ to that, and not only be right, but also have it be totally fit the setting and tone. It's a game of egos, bravado, and ludicrous plans.
>>
File: 1471691849451.png (2MB, 1117x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1471691849451.png
2MB, 1117x1491px
>>50197152
If you have a high enough will score you can easily change back to a human like form. It's a rule where you can turn any appendage into it's original form.
>>
File: 1421874313385.jpg (140KB, 920x662px) Image search: [Google]
1421874313385.jpg
140KB, 920x662px
>Reaper autocannon
>Storm
>>
>>50197152
Gal Vorbak died in the middle of the Heresy. After Argel Tal died, there was only 1 left, iirc. All others after them were Vakrah Jal, which were slightly better than modern possesed, but far inferior to Gal Vorbak. The SoH had their own version, but were literally just modern day possesed.
>>
How specific do I have to be when it comes to the hatred talent?

Chaos space marines don't seem to be divided into chapters or patron Gods so I guess I just need one for cultists and one for CSM, But is it possible to lump in the cultists with just plain severans and go Hatred: Traitors?
>>
>>50199472

And there will never be new Gal Vorbak because ADB declared a specific set of circumstances that meant nobody could EVER reach that level.
>>
>>50187606
Grenades. Specially bag of grenades.
>>
>>50199539
That's perfectly valid
>>
>>50199740
I would assume that as a guardsman or some other member of the Imperium that it would be safe to assume that anyone interfering with your inquiries/lawful duties is considered a traitor right? From the hive gangers that try to mug you to the nobles that intentionally withdrew information to protect their interests.

Or would heretic be a better term to ensure harmony with your GM?
>>
quick question - which of the books of any and all of the RPGs have gear in them besides the core ones? I'm compiling a huge pile of gear from wh40k
>>
>>50199883
All of the splats?
>>
>>50199903
any of them have stuff substantially different in form or funtion from what's in the core?
>>
>>50199944
Yes. Did you ever look in one?
>>
>>50199944
Yes, however watch out as some of it is objectively better, and under-costed.

It's like, my biggest grip with FFG.
They do it in EVERYTHING.
>>
>>50200008

Just ban everything not core so the game is balanced.
>>
>>50200055
It is D&D 3.5 all over again.
>>
>>50199807
Oh, I thought you meant Traitor as in Traitor Marine. The examples for Hatred include Mutants, Heretics, specific institutions and the like, so Traitors et all would be a way too broad scope, I feel.
>>
>>50199983
no, not yet, frankly. Seems like I will have to
>>
>>50200055
That's a step too far mate.
You've just got to watch out for some of that stuff.
Adjust rarities, change opposition so it's actually a fun challenge and so forth.
>>
>>50200110
Except in 3.5, banning core markedly improved the game.
>>50200055
That's way too far, just have some common sense and be able to tell when something is too good, and hit it with the nerf-bat appropriately.
>>
So, I just started running a Rogue Trader game for a bunch of relatively new guys to 40k, just ran them through the campaign from the end of the core and a pair of systems that I fluffed up from some basic ideas. The problem I'm running into is that I can't think of a campaign idea to go with the freedom that they've come to expect from what I've given them so far.

Also, as they've learned more about the setting, they've asked me to do a space marine campaign after Rogue Trader, but I've been wondering, is it possible to run Deathwatch during the Great Crusade? It'd probably be something my players would really enjoy if I could set it up right.
>>
>>50200470
>a campaign idea to go with the freedom that they've come to expect from what I've given them so far.

"A warp storm opened up a sector long thought lost. Go wring out all its shekels."
"There is a legendary treasure somewhere in the sector, but the map is split between numerous places, KOTOR style. Find the fukken map."

>is it possible to run Deathwatch during the Great Crusade?

It is. The core Deathwatch can be modified easily, and there's a "Great Crusade Testing Ground" file made by Shas that stats out all the vehicles, weapons, rites of war, even some new classes like the Breacher, Seeker, and Consul.
>>
File: 1357534470639.jpg (84KB, 687x802px) Image search: [Google]
1357534470639.jpg
84KB, 687x802px
>>50200008
Like most things in crunch, diversely-written tabletop games, it's mostly about the flavour.

Sure, you can spend hours poring over every book to find the right combination of scope, ammo, gun, and addons to become the /best/ at killing.

But what's the goddamn point?

Just go pick gear that seems cool and you'll do just fine. Choose what fits the character, what's local, what's evocative, and what seems neat.

Would your character /really/ give up their ancestral power sword for a newly manufactured blade that has +1 damage?

Would they give up their angled blast-plate from their long-lost hiveworld home for a badly fitted set of carapace armour, just for a slight bonus?

It's totally feasible for a Rogue Trader to spend all 8 ranks with the same bolt pistol and power sword.
>>
>>50200668
>Like most things in crunch, diversely-written tabletop games, it's mostly about the flavour
That's a perspective that you and I share, but sadly my players do not.

And please don't say "find better players".
Because I've looked.
And these are the best I can fucking find.
God help me.
>>
>>50200711
Have you tried sacrificing them to the dark gods?
>>
File: 1283154062108.png (123KB, 927x428px) Image search: [Google]
1283154062108.png
123KB, 927x428px
>>50200711
Do you have other friends or acquaintances you could turn into players?

Experience is not required. Being a decent human being is.
>>
>>50200510
Thanks for the advice anon, but where can I find that file? I don't see it in the mega and google gave me some ebooks.
>>
>>50200938

The link I last used was http://www.mediafire.com/file/1a5knb1wbgzo8hh

Here's hoping it still works. The links keep disappearing as the guy makes edits.
>>
>>50201073
Thanks again anon, it's still up.
>>
>>50199883
The armory has everything that's in the RPGs.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z
>>
>>50192215
Dynasty BlackAdder 40k

Starring
Rogue Trader E.BlackAdder
His faithful servitor/servant Bald rick, PDF Soldier/companion George 'Fat-head',
Spess Mehreen Lord Flashhart, Field Marshall Melchett of the Imperial Guard, Liz the Inquisitor and the Chaos Champion,Lord Lukeweak the Incorruptible
>>
Looking for homebrew gear to give a group of acolytes from an alternate reality. If you have some decent names, that'd really help as well. I need as much as I can get.
>>
>>50201733
You'll love this, then:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4648258/1/Blackadder-40K-Tales-from-the-Black-Millennium

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4946664/1/More-Tales-from-the-Black-Millenium
>>
File: P1060673.jpg (3MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
P1060673.jpg
3MB, 2736x3648px
>>50201733
[Set to organ music]

The crash of cannon from on high
Heralds the Lord Captain’s arrival.
He causes enemies to fly
And proclaims everyone’s survival.

Lord Captain! My Captain!
Invincible and brave!
Another quite close shave!

Anything he wants he gets
And what’s left over’s not worth getting.
He is a master with a blade,
Mah-jong and other forms of betting.

A leader without peer!
See how his rivals fear!

He fights for you and me!
He’s assured victory!
>>
>>50201760
Rocketguns.
>>
>>50201760
Great job on giving nothing to go on besides 'alternate reality'.
>>
File: Birth of the BBEG.jpg (251KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Birth of the BBEG.jpg
251KB, 1536x2048px
The Punished Wasp demands stories. Particularly of psykers or cogboys murderizing everything that isn't them or their allies.
>>
File: 1266894793343.jpg (69KB, 600x898px) Image search: [Google]
1266894793343.jpg
69KB, 600x898px
>>50201892
We had Thomas Turlington, noble psyker, fop, and fool.

This was in the FateCore hack I'd built, and psychic poweres worked like this. You made your roll to activate them. If you failed, Perils, as per the 40k RPG table, with +10 for each point of failure.

But if you succeeded, the Warp also attacked you back. It rolled against your Faith, with a bonus equal to half your successes. So if you succeed with +6, the Warp got a +3 to attack you back. If you failed, Corruption damage, and also Perils.

Thomas was notorious for getting helpful Perils. He once Mind-Swapped with an NPC he was attempting to dominate (and basically possess) which ended up with him succeeding, possessing him, and then mind-swapping back to his original body. The NPC couldn't handle the shock. Thomas just whimpered.

Another time, he tried to use his telepathy to get a guard on the inside of a locked blast-door to open it. The Perils roll instead caused all tech-devices in the area to fail... including the door's mag-locks. And another PC's bionic arm and leg. And the local gravity.

Speaking of gravity, he rolled Gravity Reversal while climbing a huge, rickety gantry tower. The entire tower made it 50m into the air before the effects wore off, leading to a huge catastrophic crash that sent all the PCs but one into critical care for months.
>>
>>50201871
OK, so my players are at a weird point in spacetime where dozens of alternate realities converge due to warp fuckery. Some are grimmer and darker, some nobler and brighter, some populated by literal cosmic horror monster people. They're going to fight a motley collection of freaks and cosmic outcasts from multiple dimensions.

There are no wrong answers here, but I'd like some of the more exotic stuff. I've got a black hole gun as a piece of insane archeotech from a reality where humanity is still at it's apex, a metal man from a reality where they wiped humanity, and a rad-flamer from a reality where mankind stuck to atomic weaponry.
>>
File: By the Emperor, how horrifying.jpg (32KB, 470x332px) Image search: [Google]
By the Emperor, how horrifying.jpg
32KB, 470x332px
>>50201988
>even the gravity
>mfw
How has he not killed himself yet?
>>
>>50202013
Luck and only using his abilities when he needs to. He's a passable socialite and decent at stealth as well.

He also runs away a lot, especially from the vengeful ghost of Matthias Haarlock.

To be fair, /everyone/ runs away from the vengeful ghost of Matthias Haarlock.
>>
>>50202008
One of these:

http://antlerrr.blogspot.ca/2015/02/blur.html

(suitably refluffed, of course)
>>
>>50202071
>Luck and only using his abilities when he needs to.
Any times when his luck nearly ran out?
>>
>>50202008
>where dozens of alternate realities

40k has that?
>>
>>50202213
No one ever said it can't. If ships in the warp can find themselves at their destination before they left, who's to say they can't arrive in a different version of reality?
>>
File: Moon Eye.png (13KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Moon Eye.png
13KB, 700x700px
>>50202213

Yes, 40k has different realities and dimensions beyond the Materium, Immaterium, and Webway. One explicit example is the Chromes, metallic insect xenos from "between realities," from the Beast series. There are all sorts of kosmic threats one can face if the right doors are opened.
>>
File: 1398126246522.jpg (101KB, 550x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1398126246522.jpg
101KB, 550x1122px
>>50202111
Oh, pretty much all of them.

At one point, the other PCs had just rescued Thomas from the clutches of a traitor Imperial Guard officer and his fortress. To stop their escape, the commander called on his allies, who dropped a war-construct made of plasma, brass, and hate on the party from orbit. Think a suit of armour with a star inside of it, possessed by the soul of a heretic.

The PCs took one look at this thing and, being good servants of the Ordo Malleus, started shooting. When that didn't work, they started running. They stole a cargo-6 truck and laughed as the war-engine fell behind.

The laughter stopped when it started to catch up.

While the other PCs threw everything they had at it, Thomas hopped out of his body and grabbed the mind of an artillery officer on a distant ridge. He suggested, in a way the officer could not refuse, that shelling the big glowing thing running through a restricted zone might be a good idea.

Of course, the cargo-6 now had to dodge incoming artillery, craters, and a very angry war engine, but it worked out - the firey creature was extinguished with a direct hit from a six-ton shell.

Didn't kill it, of course - it came back to life the moment some poor NPC touched the wreckage, devoured his soul, and relit its flame - but it did slow it down.
>>
>>50202286
That sounds like something statted in 1e, but scaled up. I can't remember what it was called.
>>
>>50202349

slinnar war construct
>>
File: orky3.jpg (81KB, 666x599px) Image search: [Google]
orky3.jpg
81KB, 666x599px
Which game is the best to use for an Ork campaign?
Any advice in how to run it?
>>
>>50202375

Rogue Trader with Into the Storm, Battlefleet Koronus, Navis Primer, and The Fringe is Yours.

WAAAAAAAAAAGH!
>>
Has anyone stat'd out Titans? Only the Warhound has been written by FFG.
>>
What is LVS supposed to be in The Fringe Is Yours?
>>
>>50202609

Lasgun Variable Setting. Newer system lasguns have it, older system lasguns don't.
>>
>>50202399
Thanks.
Have any ideas for Ork adventures?
>>
File: 1384744742800.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1384744742800.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>50202369
Yeah, I don't like using actual names from the books in my games, especially if the PCs don't know them. It makes it feel too "Monster Manual"-ish.
>>
>>50202643
There are like, three Ork desires.
Lootin, Krumpin, and going Fast.
>>
>>50202643
there's a Khornate flet heading owards an area near the party's location, headed by a deamon lord-are the Pcs bad enough dudes to go there and krump the shit out of them?

replace khornate forces with basically any other faction, and it'll still work.
>>
>>50202643
Ork kroozer slams into a space hulk while traveling through the warp, killing most of the crew. Hulk dumps out of the warp and is falling towards a star. The Mekboss sends the PCs into the hulk to loot the bitz he needs to fix the ship and detach from the hulk before everyone gets roasted.
>>
>>50203005
>not looting the whole hulk
lame
>>
>>50203087
There's no time.
>>
>>50187606
So I have a question concerning a Rogue Trader Ruling.

For Lightning Attack it specifically says "The use of Lightning Attack may not be combined with Dual Strike." However, Swift Attack, which is a Prerequisite for Lightning Attack, lacks a line saying "The use of Swift Attack may not be combined with Dual Strike."

So this means either a)When using Swift Attack you can Dual Strike (so you make one main hand and one dual strike attack) or b)Swift Attack is missing a line and you cannot use Dual Strike with it similar to Lightning Attack.

Which one is it /40krpg/ ?
>>
>>50197584
What are these characters from?
>>
>>50204115
All these characters:
>>50192215
>>50192272
>>50192571
>>50194997
>>50197584
>>50201834

Are from this thread https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?489083-Rogue-Trader-Into-the-Maw-or-How-I-Became-Incredibly-Wealthy
>>
Should I use mats and minis or can I run a game of deathwatch without those?
What works better in your experience?
>>
Does penetration go through a toughness bonus?
>>
>>50204447
Nope.
>>
>>50204396
Get a whiteboard and some dry erase markers.
>>
>>50201478
OH. Fucking sweeeet, thankyou
>>
File: strangelove.gif (428KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
strangelove.gif
428KB, 500x322px
Okay, just finished what was published of the All Guardsman Party. I found it very entertaining piece of fiction, even if I someway doubt it's still genuine session report.

I want to run Paranoia-style short Only War campaign and force survivors into inqusitional posse. I want to catch that Regimantal Standard/AGP feel, that Empire is insane, Guard is meat grinder, Comissars are fanatical sadists, orks are bunch of wacky, hillarious murdermachines, and Exterminatus is inquisitorial term for ,,just to be on the safe side".

Where to look for inspiration?
>>
>>50206934
Blackadder Goes Forth is good inspiration for IG
>>
>>50206953
Should have thought of that. Good idea. But are out there any official materials that go this way?

You know, most 40k fiction I read is <spoiler> Dan-Abbnet-style emo power-mansturbation </spoiler> rather cringy and mostly serious.
>>
>>50204447
>>50204463
It sucks, I know. I fired a gun, got like 60 pen, and nothin' happened beyond the normal damage. There should be an overspending mechanic.
>>
>>50207334

*over penning

Damn auto correct
>>
>>50207004
Dead Men Walking has some good stuff in it.
Krieger's are batshit insane.
>>
File: Kriegers!.png (606KB, 835x3537px) Image search: [Google]
Kriegers!.png
606KB, 835x3537px
>>50207371
Yup.
>>
>>50207564

That screenshot still tries to humanize them. Kriegers are biological robots, impossible to have personality of any kind. They're impossible to roleplay as a result, since FFG used material predating the Dead Men travesties.
>>
File: 800px-Leman_and_Wulluffs.jpg (166KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Leman_and_Wulluffs.jpg
166KB, 800x501px
>>50207689
Even biological robots can have complexity.

Also, no offense, but you're clearly pretty strict on how you think fluff works. How's that working out for you? Do Ultramarines in your setting still carry bright red bolters? Is Leman Russ just a good general who was granted an army of Space Marines, right?

Get over yourself.
>>
>>50207906

Sick meming bro. I follow the official GW party lines, which is newest fluff retcons old. The Your Dudes / headcanon excuse does not allow one to fundamentally alter the setting based on precious fee-fees. You stop trying to make the game something it's not. Go play eclipse phase if you want biological robots.
>>
>>50208009
What does not having fun feel like?
>>
File: 1260414613603.jpg (197KB, 1001x2143px) Image search: [Google]
1260414613603.jpg
197KB, 1001x2143px
>>50208009
So I've met religious fundamentalists who insist their text of choice is perfect and divine, never to be examined or challenged.

But this... this is new.

And in cases where fluff is contradictory or ambiguous? What do you do - contact the Elders?
>>
>>50208124

No. you just go by what date was copyrighted most recently. In your image, the Squats are perfectly acceptable for existing because the BRBs explicitly mention them. Another example is White Scar Dreadnoughts. They use them regularly thanks to Warzone Kauyon a year back.

It is NOT acceptable to have a Krieger with personality because that has been explicitly stated to be impossible. Kriegers with defects like personality or physical imperfection are killed as target practice.
>>
How much higher would the stats for a Custode be than a Space Marine on average, 10 or so?
>>
>>50208204
Related question. Do you currently run or play in any 40k RPGs?
>>
>>50208204
To be fair both dead men walking and vraks Krieg had personalities, its just that the indoctrination process sees to making sure its suppressed so they'll never outwardly tell anyone how they feel or what they think unless its relevant to the operation.

And the fact that when Krieg are mobilized, the rank and file almost always going to be doing shit the minute they make planet side and won't exactly stand around and talk to people outside of their regiment. The officers may be in position to interact with outsiders but again, if the Krieg are in your planet then likely shit has long past hit the fan and its likely martial law so they won't exactly be talking to you unless you further the goals of the campaign and even then its likely telling you what to do and even then the Commissar will probably deal the public affairs end.

tl;dr, just because they don't talk about what they feel, doesn't mean they don't feel anything.
>>
>>50209060
>>50208204
Yeah, seems more like Kriegers are taught very well never to make a goddamn peep about what their thoughts are, even to each other. Human nature can be suppressed, but not wiped away.

I mean, even the most hyper-super-inhuman-crazy killing machines the Imperium can serve up like Eversor Assassins show an inkling of human nature peeping out. (In an Eversor's case, having the time of their lives slaughtering the enemies of men.)
>>
>>50209104
Not to mention that Eversors are perfectly capable of conversing like a human being when they're off their drugs which is very rare but it happened at least a bunch of times in a few novels.

Even when they're on their drugs they'll taunt, be able to differentiate friend from foe and may even hold back from fighting friendlies.
>>
>>50209104
Still I don't think that Kriegers are what he was looking for. You know, it's just grimdark turned up to eleven, so it's kinda absurd. He looks for Blackadder goes Forth of 40K-so absurd that it goes kinda grimdark.
>>
>>50210139
Go Scintillan Fusiliers if you want a blackadder themed campaign.
>>
>>50208009
>alter the setting based on precious fee-fees
That's some purity lawyering of the setting about super judges dredds fighting space clowns and weabos in the grimdarkness of the grimdark future. Dude, get that stick out of your ass.
>>
File: Halo Canon.png (39KB, 235x189px) Image search: [Google]
Halo Canon.png
39KB, 235x189px
>>50208204

There is a kernel of truth to this, and it's almost verbatim what I believe in. It is perfectly acceptable to add to or elaborate upon things, but to change or remove key pillars of the setting, that is bad, unless it is GW that does it. Something is canon until something new says it's not.

If a rulebook says something, then it's unalterable fact, no matter what it is. It could be something like Newcrons and New Skitarii, which fundamentally altered those factions. It could be bringing something back, like the Squats in 6th and 7th edition. It's even encouraged to add some new xenos foe that resembles nothing you've ever seen before to fight the players. But then you say "Well, I don't think Space Marines should exist, so they don't, it will just be the Astra Militarum," then what the fuck. Maybe 40k isn't for you.

If 8th edition suddenly says that the Ultramarines all wear pink and bounce from battlefield to battlefield while walking on their palms, well, you best get ready for some handstands, midsentence if needed.
>>
>>50210139
Oh yeah, Kriegers are obviously not suited for that.

I ran a quasi-Blackadder game of Only War once with a vaguely British line infantry regiment facing down Orks, that was a delightful time.
>>
What items are essential for a regiments standard kit?
>>
>>50211022

Grapnel
Microbead
Auspex
>>
>>50211022
Grenades
>>
>>50211022
At least one (1) half-liter (500 ml) bottle of liquor or strong spirit per soldier, and at least one (1) pack of twelve (12) lho sticks with standard pseudoplastic filters, per soldier, refilled no less often than once per standard week (168 standard hours), if soldier survives to claim it.
>>
>>50211022
Lho Sticks.
>>
>>50211022
Shovel per two soldiers.

Soldier with shovel digs.
Soldier without shovel stays behind him.
When soldier with shovel falls,
the soldier behind him picks the shovel and digs!
>>
I would like some DH2E conversion advice.

Seeing how there won't be any new books left I decided to write up some homebrew on the Deathwatch and Black Crusade material (since DH2E can handle the rest without any real issue).

For Space Marines, I thought that adding the Adeptus Astartes as a background with the sensible application of Chapter bonuses from the Deathwatch rulebooks would solve all the problems. But then there was the whole squad mechanic which I have mixed feelings about. What do you guys think? Just converting the stats/skills/talents to DH2E is enough to get the job done, or more work and additional game mechanics are necessary to make Space Marines work?

Black Crusade has roughly the same questions for CSM but becomes very straightfoward after that. However, can I honestly just copypaste the Chaos psychic powers there to DH2E? I don't have enough experience to be sure about this bit.

Any input would be appriciated.
>>
>>50211873
Making Space Marines in the DH2E system would require a new homeworld, background and role. These would also need to be a lot more powerful than regular human options too, in order to grant the Space Marine PC all the bonuses, talents and what not that a Space Marine possesses in the 40kRPG's. It doesn't really work any other way because Space Marines and their creation are so radically different from ordinary human beings.

Personally, I'd go against it. DH2E is not well suited to playing such a superhuman character with the way character creation is built into its premise of working for the Inquisition as Acolytes who have set their former backgrounds aside.

If you want to use the BC/OW/DH2E system for Space Marines I'd convert them to Only War instead, would be a lot simpler and more mechanically feasible.
>>
How many crew should a rogue trader frigate have? I know that the numbers in BFG are in the tens of thousands but I've seen some conflicting numbers in black library books and the like.
>>
>>50212489
Have you read the Rogue Trader books? They give you the crew, weight, and size of the hull right there in the entry for each hull.
(Side note, the given weights work out to the rough density of balsa wood, and size vs crew numbers imply Imperial ships are considerably more automated than modern aircraft carriers, but those are the numbers we're given)
>>
>>50212489
Technical Specifications

Dimensions: 1.6 km long, 0.3 km abeam at fins approx.
Mass: 6 megatonnes approx.
Crew: 26,000 crew; approx.
Accel: 4.5 gravities max sustainable acceleration.

Taken from the stats of a sword class frigate ship.

Other models from the Battlefleet Koronus:
Falchion - 27000
Claymore - 21000
Turbulent - 25000

I believe that is enough to give you a ballpark estimate.
>>
>>50212551
>>50212568

FFG was infamous for inflating the numbers by a factor of 5 to 10 against Battlefleet Gothic sources.
>>
>>50212568
>>50212977
concerning the crews only, as considering that Andy chambers, the guy behind BFG, was working with FFG when writing the rogue Trader core book...
>>
Would it be completely pants on head retarded to play a sorcerer who has his origins in the World Eaters but hid out with another legion before the whole kill all the psykers thing happened in the World Eaters?
>>
>>50212977
Considering that even with the Rogue Trader numbers, Imperial ships are mostly utterly devoid of life compared to the crew density of a modern aircraft carrier, I think their numbers are fine.
>>
>>50213975
>Playing an OG Legion survivor of any description
Unless your GM is willing to hand you about 20k XP to start with, do not do this. It will end in plot holes and disappointment.
>>
>>50214162
hey now, there is a whole Advanced Archetype dedicated to being an OG Chaos Maroon.

It does cost a fuckton of XP to start with it, but it exists.
>>
>>50213975
Yes.
>>
I'm making a DW Marine from a custom chapter that is pretty much Broke Marines. Any recommendations on power armor marks and a fluffy replacement for a bolter/heavy bolter? I'm not sure if he'll be a devastator or a tactical.
>>
>>50214313
Astartes Shotgun with specialty ammo?
>>
>>50191649
>0
Only if your regiment will have "Grenediers" in its name. Then it is fully lore compatible to let them have fuckton of grenades.
>>
>>50214162
>>50214299
Thought so

>>50214257
Excuse me mister?
>>
>>50214313
Large caliber autogun.
>>
>>50214394
Tome of Decay, Veteran of the Long War archetype. Not necessarily representing veteran of the Horus Heresy, but it's the closest one to that.
>>
File: Warboss_Grimtoof.jpg (202KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
Warboss_Grimtoof.jpg
202KB, 560x800px
Short story time

>Rogue Trader crew traversing through space
>navigator fucks warp rolls
>herewego.jpg
>warp right infront of an ork rok delving through space
>Pilot gets many degrees of fail
>ship gets lodged into rok
>psudo-spacehulk adventure to dislodge ship and destroy rok
>meet warboss with bandana over his mouth Kaptin Sawteef
>Rogue trader duels Kaptin in 1v1 combat
>Sawteef reveals that he actually has sawblade teef.
>Chomps Rogue Traders arm off with chainsword teef weapon during fight.

They ended up getting out, but not without losing limbs or weapons breaking.

That's what you get for failing navigation checks.
>>
>>50214447
Oh that, I figure it's close enough with weird warp time shenanigans yeah.
>>
>>50214257
Honestly, I feel that unless you're playing a 30k game, OG Chaos Maroons, even ones recruited mid-Heresy, should not be player characters, just powerful allies and/or enemies with a ton of Infamy/Fate.
>>
>>50214713
What's the problem with it? Time flows weirdly in the EoT
>>
>>50214313

Autogun and rotor cannon
>>
Question: During Chargen in Dark Heresy 2nd gen, can I raise an attribute up to 40 using points, then will it be raised up to 50 via Home World bonus?
>>
>>50214888
Homeworld modifiers let you roll 3 dice instead of two and drop lowest. What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>50203718
Swift Attack and Dual Strike are both Full Actions, so they obviously cannot be combined since you can normally only do one Full Action per turn.

The same is true of Lightning Attack, so the clarification there is really unnecessary in the first place.
>>
>>50214957
I'm guessing that this is point buy instead of rolls.
>>
>>50215086
Even then, why would it matter? Why do the character creation process backwards or scattered like that?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (274KB, 694x964px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
274KB, 694x964px
Hey, I was convinced there was a line in Deathwatch somewhere about mounting pistol or melee weapons on a servo-harness. Now I can't seem to find it. Was I wrong, or have I gone blind?
>>
>>50216796
I think that's based in a talent.
>>
>No irl games nearby despite living in >London
>All online games die within months, or are at AUS times
>Came up with a cool PC idea, which i'll never get to play
A shame
>>
>>50216796
Machinator Array talent.
>>
>>50214162
Nah, this cat has the right of it: >>50214769
It's long been established that there are plenty of Veterans of the Long War who feel as if the Heresy happened yesterday. Even if they've been alive 10,000 years, their understanding of time and experiences might be significantly less than that.
There are also cases of being time-displaced, duplicates from alternate time lines and all sorts of shenanigans to explain why a CSM who fought in the rebellion might be comparable to a starting BC character.
I'll freely admit that the OGs *should* generally be mega badasses, but there are so many examples in the fluff of them being not significantly more dangerous than a veteran loyalist that I have to assume there are still large numbers of them operating who can't be said to literally have 10k worth of continuous experience.
CSM have also been suggested to have used cloning in the past. My personal headcanon is that they have some weird clone/soul bonding shenanigans that can effectively let some CSM "respawn", but it's got a tendency to make them crazy, destabilize their physiology or create huge gaps in memory and shifts in personality.
>>
>>50216837
>>50217508
Thank you!
>>
>>50217587
There is also the possibility of them inducting new members.
>>
File: hydra chaos.jpg (104KB, 736x1073px) Image search: [Google]
hydra chaos.jpg
104KB, 736x1073px
>>50217719
Sure, but for a lot of people the appeal of the CSM is tied to the Horus Heresy. There's plenty of ways to play an interesting character who's a recently turned renegade, or someone who was recruited by the Legions directly, but personally I like the idea of playing as someone who was around during the Golden Age of the Imperium and hates it so much he's devoted his entire millenia-long life to tearing it apart.
>>
File: Tiji18.png (3MB, 3000x1948px) Image search: [Google]
Tiji18.png
3MB, 3000x1948px
Was wondering if anyone knew of a template or any resources for making a Sector map like pic related. Haven't been able to find anything through searching, but I'll make one from scratch if I have to.
>>
File: Rogue-Trader-KoronusExpanse.png (4MB, 2000x1299px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue-Trader-KoronusExpanse.png
4MB, 2000x1299px
>>50218321
No, but have one for the Koronus Expanse any way
>>
>>50192272
>being such a shitty RT that you have to fuck your way into success

A proper Admiral marries servitors if he wants to and makes Inquisitors his bitch. Then again, how would you losers know?
>>
File: HERESY HERESY EVERYWHERE.png (246KB, 478x274px) Image search: [Google]
HERESY HERESY EVERYWHERE.png
246KB, 478x274px
>>50220063
>f he wants to and makes Inquisitors his bitch.
Anon, I...
>>
>>50214540
That's absolutely hilarious.
>>
File: image.png (6MB, 3072x2222px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6MB, 3072x2222px
>>50219297
Oh well, Made one from scratch. Not amazing but plenty good for my purposes.
>>
>>50214540
This shit right here is why literally nobody plays Navigator
>Make your roll, man. Just remember that the fate of the group relies on your dice luck, and if you fuck up and wreck the campaign due to sheer bad luck, you *will* get dice thrown at you.
>No pressure, man.
It's like being a psyker but somehow even shittier.
>>
>Armageddon is Ullanor, homeworld of the Orks

God damn this is gonna come as a shock to my group. We're all playing steel legion regiment.
>>
>>50221072
do you have a template for making sector maps?
>>
File: temp.png (4MB, 3053x2184px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
4MB, 3053x2184px
>>50221152
Uh, not really.
I was >>50218321 asking for a template, but you could use this if you really wanted to
>>
>>50221088
On the other hand when things go right for you they go so right!

>Utilising our subtle tactics of 'pretend we are poor' we infiltrate high into a criminal organisation on a hive planet
>Planning on just swooping in with our space resources and taking whatever it is that has the criminals so hushed, this upcoming 'big score'
>Being grilled by the mob boss, he's pushing us to overcome harsher and harsher situations as a 'test of loyalty'
>In one of these 'tests' the whole party was almost killed by a Greater Daemon of Khorne that fell out of the immaterium while we were battling something else
>Reason with mob boss over vox that maybe he's being a little unreasonable
>He pretty much calls me Psychoscum and cuts all ties with us in front of the whole party for my suggesting this to him
>We arrive ready to 'debrief' at his ruined mansion full of drug addled squatters in the underhive
>Cal at the gate, can't forget your manners even in the grim darkness of the far future
>The mob boss answers personaly and tells us to fuck off a second time as things are getting too hot to be dealing with psykers
>Our resident NOTspacemarine, a feral deathworlder in powerarmor straight up unhinges the gate with one hand
>Augmented Mob boss ups the ante and punches a hole in the wall of the room of his mansion he was hiding in (attempt to intimidate)
>He throws a greco-roman styled pillar that at GMs discretion was estimated to weigh about 1 tonne (several storey marble pilar)
>Catch it with my mind and throw it back at him Yoda style( I was expecting perils for attempting something so badass, luckily none)
>Crushed him when he tries to catch it like an idiot
>Gunfire erupts from the ruins while we just leg it back to the ship through the slums

Could have gone worse
>>
File: Armageddon Ullanor.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon Ullanor.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>50218321

God save the man who invented Microsoft Paint. He will receive 72 virgins when he reaches his honored place in heaven.

>>50221128

The galaxy is a small place. Everything is interconnected. Every mystery has a defined and objectively correct answer.
>>
>>50222485
>The galaxy is a small place
Wrong. A galaxy is so big we have serious trouble comprehending the sheer size of it.
>Everything is interconnected.
By bad writing.
>Every mystery has a defined and objectively correct answer.
Even worse writing. It is almost always better to leave a mystery dangling than to actually answer it. The human mind wants to solve mysteries, it gets annoyed at concrete answers being given.
>>
>>50222553

I never said this was a good thing. I am just pointing out that this is the way things are. The Tyranid origin story, the origin of the ork clans, why the Great Crusade never conquered the Tau worlds, etc, all mysteries that were answered objectively now, and all we can do is make sense of the pieces.

Kind of like what Star Wars did to Geonosis and whatnot.
>>
File: Games Workshop.jpg (28KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
Games Workshop.jpg
28KB, 318x320px
>>50222553
>A galaxy is so big we have serious trouble comprehending the sheer size of it.

Give GW time. Marketing is making them condense everything so they can sell more models. All acording to plan.
>>
>>50222590

Wait, what's this about tyranid origin story, origin of ork clans, why the great crusade never conquered tau? I've been out of 40k for a few years, what is this bullshit?
>>
File: Pharos Tyranid Origins.png (306KB, 501x604px) Image search: [Google]
Pharos Tyranid Origins.png
306KB, 501x604px
>>50222635
>tyranid origin story
The Pharos Lighthouse, a Xenos construct the Ultras were using as a ghetto astronomican after the ruinstorm blocked off Ultramar, called them over during the Horus Heresy after it exploded. The tyranids were chillaxing in the space between galaxies, waiting for signs of life. They saw the Pharos flare, and bolted for it. 10,000 years later, they arrive.

(Source: Pharos)

>origin of ork clans
There were six Beasts during the War of the Beast. Each "Prime-Ork" led their orks in different methodologies. For instance, Goffs wear Black and White and value brute strength because those were the colors of the Luna Wolves who beat their green asses down during the Crusade, and they wished to emulate them.

(Source: The Beast Arises series)

>why the great crusade never conquered tau?

Not the Tau, why the Imperium did not settle their worlds before the Tau became a thing.

This one is a little odder. Basically, during the Great Crusade the Excertus Imperialis landed on a bunch of worlds fit for life, some verdant, some deserts, and prepared to colonize. Then some random dude walks out of what might be a webway portal, and kills himself Prometheus Engineer style. His body breaks down into a rapid-acting disease that ONLY kills humans. The worlds that would become the Tau empire are tainted and unfit for colonization - Rowboat declares them a Prohibited Zone until he can figure out what the fuck happened.

And so on. Every mystery has an objective answer now.
>>
>>50222722

Wait, so, what are the other beasts, then, for the orks?
>>
File: Tau be here in 6000 years.png (1MB, 977x567px) Image search: [Google]
Tau be here in 6000 years.png
1MB, 977x567px
>>50222722

Almost forgot. Last one is Source: Horus Heresy Book 5 Tempest "The Horrors of the Prohibited Zone". Here is a map that helps illustrate the positioning.
>>
>>50222758

Basically, there were six Prime-Orks, one for each clan. There was a Goff Beast, a Snakebite Beast, a Bloody Axe Beast, etc.

Don't worry about them, they're all dead. One got killed by the last Imperial Fist (before he died and the chapter had to get rebuilt from successors), one died to wierdboy 'eadbang, and the other four died offscreen. Though they are all dead, their Klans remain to carry on their legacy.
>>
>>50222622
Let's do some real quick math. Currently, we estimate there are 300 billion stars (300,000,000,000) in our galaxy. Let's say one hundreth of one percent (0.01%) of those have at least one planet that is naturally habitable by humans or humanlike aliens. That's around 30 million habitable systems just by sheer random chance, never mind terraforming efforts by humans or Eldar, or the fact that the Imperium settles dead or hostile planets all the fucking time. This makes a literal "Empire of a million worlds" look very tiny vs "'A million worlds' is a shorthand for a fuckton of planets". And that's just the basics of how fucking big a galaxy is.
>>
File: ZDLHv.jpg (61KB, 1354x1077px) Image search: [Google]
ZDLHv.jpg
61KB, 1354x1077px
>>50222722
I feel like I'm about to be done with this dumbass setting
>>
>>50222722
That shit with the nids pisses me off so fucking much.
>>
How do Chaos Ships move trough the warp? Do they have heretic navigators, specific mutants who have navigator genes, or every ship needs to bind a deamon who can guide them ?
>>
>>50225164
on that note, how do non chaos pirate groups navigate through the warp, assuming they don't have access to navigators?
>>
>>50225164
>Do they have heretic navigators, specific mutants who have navigator genes, or every ship needs to bind a deamon who can guide them ?
Yes. Or put less dickishly, it varies wildly. Some use heretical or mutant Navigators, some use sorcery or corrupt rituals, some bind daemons, some use specialized mutants or gene-gholams. A few faithful types will blindly cast their ship into the Warp and trust that wherever they end up, it's the will of the gods they fuck that shit up. Chaos is unpredictable and multifaceted.
>>
>>50225164
I always assumed that they went into the warp and just hoped for the best, with it sometimes working because they have the gods on their side.
>>
>>50225214
Secret charts of semi stable routes, psychic fortune-telling, heretek or xeno cogitators, diving into the stream with a massive amount of blind luck, buying navigators as slaves.
Being a pirate sucks in 40k.
>>
My DH party is headed to Dusk, and given what little we've been told, it sounds like a spookier, super-lethal 40k Dagobah. What sort of nasties should we expect? Is my feudal knight going to have a vision quest in a cave?
>>
>>50226457
The important thing to remember about Dusk: Everything is trying to kill you. EV. RY. THING. At all times. Almost all food is toxic, the plants and animals will both try to eat you, nothing can be trusted. The place is a deathtrap. Trust nothing and no one.
>>
>>50226492
So pack bottled water and tinned rations, gotcha.
>>
If I'm playing RT, is it actually possible to pull things in from, say, Dark Heresy? Specifically, that one shoulder-mounted heavy autocannon.
>>
>>50228016

The systems are compatible, yes. But using the DH1 autocannon won't make you any friends.
>>
>>50228125
I don't think it was DH1? I think it was some sort of Techpriest book. I remember the same book had like some Skitarii powerstaff and some plasma weapons, and something about a blackhole gun.
>>
>>50228016
Even the "nerfed" autocannon from RT and onwards is still one of the best heavy weapons available. You can try to talk your GM into giving you the full auto version, but you might get smacked upside the head with a rulebook for it.

>>50228171
Inquisitor's Handbook.
>>
>>50225214
you can travel through the warp without a navigator. Chartist and Free Captains of the imperium don't get navigators, so they take short warp jumps. It's much slower than uninterrupted warp voyages though.
>>
>>50228488
please, explain these chartists and free captains.
>>
>>50228171
>>50228455
Unless you meant the Mass Driver from The Lathe Worlds, in which case you might be able to get it but you'll need to be an Explorator (or have a potentia coil somehow) to actually use it.
>>
>>50228552
Also, the Mass Driver is fucking useless on any target except an armored human. High Toughness Bonuses fucking wreck it.
>>
>>50228570
>>50228552
Is the Mass Driver that thing with pseudo-infinite ammo?
>>
>>50228620
No, those are the integrated Lathe weapons.
>>
>>50228524
Chartist Captains have command of a trading vessel and usually have a contract to perform a very specific trade route between a handful of worlds. Very often, this is along the lines of "Go to Breadbasket to sell farming equipment and buy corn, go to Stripmine and sell corn to get industrial-class metals, go to Forgeworld to sell industrial-class metals and buy farming equipment, repeat from start." This is an extremely dull and safe existence with reasonable profits, done along extremely well-known and plotted warp routes that have been mapped for centuries, and can come to a sudden and screeching end if the warp route shifts or one planet in the chain is lost. They account for the vast majority of inter-system traffic and make a bit of money on the side selling passage to people who want to travel between worlds in their chain.

Free captains own a ship but have no warrant of trade nor a Navigator, and tend to be poorer, more unpredictable, and more ruthless than Chartist captains, but do largely the same thing, with slightly more freedom in that they aren't chained to the same routes. They also run protection for traders and/or systems, and can provide a ticket anywhere you can talk or bribe the captain into taking you. They also turn pirate shockingly often when things get especially lean and desperate and starvation threatens.
>>
>>50228629
Ah. Fuck. Alright, what's the actual name? I'm not going to have the books for probably about a day and a half, since MEGA has a data cap.
>>
File: Integrated Weaponry.png (648KB, 825x431px) Image search: [Google]
Integrated Weaponry.png
648KB, 825x431px
>>50228766
Actually my bad, here they are.
Also a reminder, if you use one, you're a dirty fucking whore.

Lathe Worlds is the single most broken book from Dark Heresy 1e. Well, bar the Grey Knights one, but you knew what you were getting the moment you picked that one up.
>>
>>50228793
What's actually all that bad about it? It's good against armor, but isn't it kinda bad against anything else?
>>
>>50228829
It does 1d10+4 R, practically ignores armour, has infinite clip size, a Full-Auto fire rate of 10, no need for ammo, and cannot be removed from your body.

Unless you're firing against something with a TB of about 6+ it'll mangle whatever you need it to.
>>
>>50228920
Oh right, you mean the normal Catalytic Mass driver.
Yeah, that one's mostly garbage.
Though going crit-fishing was probably the most fun way to kill people in 1e.
>>
>>50228920
Ah. Well, we're probably starting up an RT game, and I was considering fucking about with a Techpriest for the shit of it, and I'm basically looking for something interesting that I can mess about with that'll still be fun. A huge ass HMG seemed fun, but if it's that big a problem then I guess fuck me. Is there any sort of viable lightning shit I can do?
>>
File: 200[1].gif (2MB, 283x200px) Image search: [Google]
200[1].gif
2MB, 283x200px
>>50226492
>EV. RY. THING.
>>
>>50228920
>Unless you're firing against something with a TB of about 6+
Ahem. Mutants, orks, CSM, Genestealers/nids, a decent number of vat-grown freaks or servitors, many machine enemies, any daemon you care to name. If you're doing pure Hereticus, sure, it's nasty, Xenos and Malleus will find it to be much less useful.
>>
>>50229019

But if you're fighting things like that, your GM doesn't understand the point that Dark Heresy isn't about fighting like DnD, and is probably doing a shit job.
>>
>>50229054
Generally, most Inquisition investigations conclude in either an assassination or a firefight leading to an assassination. Occasionally capturing someone alive for interrogation and/or a show trial. Accused heretics tend not to be cooperative in this matter, resulting in combat. Some will be augmented or mutated freaks with abnormal toughness, or have the assistance of same. Meanwhile, the Ordo Xenos tends to, shockingly, combat xenos, which covers orks and genestealers. The Ordo Malleus tends to deal with chaos cults and daemonic manifestations.

And anyway, you're arguing fallaciously at best. If the game 'isn't about fighting', and getting into combat is doing things wrong, why are roughly a third or more of all mechanics directly used for fighting or related to fighting? Why are the sections about investigations and subtlety about a third of the length of the chapter solely about combat? If you're not meant to fight daemons, why are there extensive rules about exactly that and the consequences thereof? DH, and all 40k games, is a game and setting where hyperviolence happens on a routine basis. Sometimes, even most of the time, this is between humans, but occasionally, you're asked to fight the worst enemies of the God-Emperor with whatever you have, and you'll probably die, but gloriously, and afterwards you are swiftly forgotten forever. Welcome to 40k.
>>
>>50229019
Even with a TB of 8, each hit is still doing 1d10-4 damage.
And given explosive dice, that's still got a really good chance of fucking someone's day all the way up at a pretty significant range.
>>
>>50229054
This is an RT game, not a DH game. The question was about putting that weapon into an RT game on a Techpriest.
>>
My GM is amazing. I keep telling him this, but he still doesn't believe me. Could you guys help me convince him? Here's some lore and crunch he put together, a bunch of Guard Regiments based off Calixis Sector lore: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14qW-WCcvIkMerMtkVl_9f12dL1hq8wVSIeTJ4fB8Uzs/edit
>>
>>50229454
dammit stop linking my shit
>>
>>50212295
But Space Marines come from the same places as other people, so Homeworld is okay. They fit roughly the same roles as the ones we already have, at least mechanically. So why not dump all the goodies they can get in their Background, including stat and wound generation? What would be missing?
>>
>>50229893
>But Space Marines come from the same places as other people,
They really don't. They come from Feral Worlds, Death Worlds, and underhives, only occasionally other worlds. And they leave before they hit 12, at which point hypno-indoctrination takes over for the next 50-odd years until they become a fully blooded Tacmarine. Their homeworld is long irrelevant by the time they're playable. No, I'd do a DH-style Deathwatch 2e like this:
>Backport 2nd edition Marines using the data for CSM. Everyone gets standard power armor, a bolt pistol, and a chainsword and is assumed to be a fully blooded tacmarine, training-wise, and have shifted into their preferred role. This takes the place of Homeworld.
>Background is replaced by Chapter. This provides some skills and/or Talents, an Aptitude, and maybe some signature gear
>Roles available to Marines are Scout Sergeant, Assault, Tactical, Devastator, Apothecary, Librarian, and Techmarine. This provides the bulk of your Aptitudes, a few skills and Talents, and your main gear
Solo and Squad Mode I can take or leave, but I like the Requisition system okay.
>>
>tfw I was supposed to come up with the next segment of the campaign since my players finished the one in the OW handbook
>Completely forgot
>Am not good at making bull when it comes to stuff like this
>Can bull my way out of a whole lot of other stuff though. Had a near Alpha Legion level of bull discusdion with one of my friends, where we both lied throughout the conversation with neither of us knowing until a year later. That was hilarious.
Well shoot. The next session's tomorrow.
>>
I could have sworn there's a lasgun pattern that fires outside of the visible light spectrum, anyone remember what book its in?
>>
>>50230334
One of the RT books.
>>
>>50230334
Whisperbolt Discharger upgrade, Rogue Trader: Hostile Acquisitions. There's a long-las that does the same, in the same book.
>>
Question about warp travel - Can a ship "follow" another ship into the warp if they are in pursuit of it? Or do they have to know where the other ship intends on traveling to? Would they have to have a very skilled navigator in order to "see" the other ship in the warp?
>>
>>50230629
There's a Navigator Ability about that.
It's at "master" level of course, but it still exists.
>>
>>50230629
Sure. If they jumped less than 24hrs ago, pursuit is tricky but still possible, even with an amateur navigator.

Within 24hrs, it becomes relatively easy. You can slip into the warp-wake via the same entry point and follow directly.

Ships of larger displacement, or with poorly-designed Gellar fields or warp drives, create larger but also more turbulent wakes. Following is trivial, but the risk of dangerous encounters grows.

And only a very skilled Navigator can keep one eye on the Astronomicon and one eye on their quarry. Chances are, if you're pursuing a ship, you must follow it to its destination, for good or ill.
>>
>>50230261
What's the campaign and the regiment like?
>>
>>50229224
Rogue Trader game? Good against small animals, humans, kroot, and eldar, and shit against basically everything else.

I mean, look through Koronus Bestiary; there's far more creatures with Unnatural Toughness than those without it. Orks, Rak'gol, most Yu'vath stuff, basically anything nonsapient larger than a medium-sized dog...

I'd rather get the Phased Plasma Rifle, to be honest.
>>
In our last two sessions, our GM gave our Enginseer a Volkite Charger, made the Cawdor a proper Priest, gave the Orlock grunt Psyker and boosted the Sarge in her commandiness.

I feel like we should be worried.
>>
Your group of Acolyte PCs are investigating a Chaos cult, when you discover that they are planning on performing a ritual to summon a Daemon Primarch... with the intention of binding them into a Daemon Weapon.

Their leader is hoping that such a potent weapon would render them unbeatable in battle. However, if it was stolen and bound within the deepest and most secure pits of the Inquisition's reliquariums, it'd render said Daemon Primarch unable to hurt the Imperium ever again.

What does your PC do?
>>
>>50232950
Stop them. A, most Daemon Primarchs do fuck-all anyway, and B, the ritual would almost certainly fail and leave an extremely powerful daemon prince stuck right here in the Materium.
>>
>>50231256
Mechanized regiment with a medic, a heavy gunner/rambo/Not!Sgt.Harker, an Operator, an Enginseer, a Commissar, and a Ministorum Priest.

Going to be completely honest, I'm not fond of the Commissar.

They just completed Against the Savages, which had them defending a refinery against Orkz. They did it too well, because one of my players managed to keep rolling between 1-15 with his Chimera's Autocannon and got a lucky Vehicle Explodes result by setting off the Battle Wagon's Kannon ammo, then mowed down the two warbuggies and the Mek that was with them.

I really did not expect that to happen.
>>
how do you handle players with a flamer?

I have one player that always annihilates my encounters with his flamer, seems like there's not a very good way to counter this
>>
>>50232976
Have things at long range. After all, most ranged weapons have distances of further than 96ft/30m.
>>
I am currently GM for Only War campaign. The platoon is currently holed up in abandoned hive arbites outpost, which comes out as secret exit to the entrance of Severan Dominate base. I need some pictures of bases by night, hive city, maybe your ideas, portraits, and everything that may come handy. Appreciate your effort and help if you do, anons.
>>
>>50232971
Did any of them try to loot the Mek's gear? Because most of it's pretty good, IIRC, even if it's probably going to jam or explode sooner or later.
>>
>>50233188
Nah, I'm pretty sure we were all shocked by the fact that the Operator kept rolling so well.
>>
>>50233200
Are you a player or the DM? Because if you're a player, and your party hasn't left the outpost yet, say "By the way, after the battle was over, I went and looted the Mek's weapons, is that okay?"

Because he's armed with a "Shock Choppa" that's basically an electrified chainsword with no real downsides, and a "Kustom Blasta" that's basically an Inaccurate plasma shotgun that doesn't Get Hot.

And I was wrong when I said that it'd probably jam or explode eventually, because it doesn't have Unreliable like most Ork weapons do.

If you're the GM, just point out that they missed out on the sweet gear after they've been relieved and sent back to base. It might trigger their looting instinct the next time; that's one of the ways that Imperial Guardsmen become Veteran Imperial Guardsmen...
>>
>>50233304

>Using metagame and reading a scenario so you get all the looties.

Local commissar will come to off you.
>>
>>50233334
>Using metagame and reading a scenario so you get all the looties.
"It's a Mek. They're the Ork equivalent of Tech-Priests, right? They'd have all the sweet loot, just like our Tech-Priests would."
>>
>>50233304
>Telling players to loot
>Within distance of BOTH a Commissar and a Priest
You're one sick monster, you know that?
>>
>>50233304
>>50233385
>And an Enginseer too!
My anon, you sir have balls.
>>
>>50233375
>It's a Xeno. We suffer them not to live, and strike down their vile works in His glorious name. *BLAM*
>>
>>50233385
>Telling players to loot
>Within distance of BOTH a Commissar and a Priest
"The Emperor delivers all that we need. Sometimes it's through His Most August Munitorum, sometimes it's in the hands of His enemies."

Or alternately, if he's playing the Tech Priest, "I am claiming this salvage in the name of the Omnissiah. Do not interfere with His most holy plans."
>>
>>50233375
Sure. But looting post action just because you got info about some goodies

>Because he's armed with a "Shock Choppa" that's basically an electrified chainsword with no real downsides, and a "Kustom Blasta" that's basically an Inaccurate plasma shotgun that doesn't Get Hot.

and

>Because he's armed with a "Shock Choppa" that's basically an electrified chainsword with no real downsides, and a "Kustom Blasta" that's basically an Inaccurate plasma shotgun that doesn't Get Hot.

Is fucking ultra lame. Fucking metagamers.
>>
>>50233444
meant

>Did any of them try to loot the Mek's gear? Because most of it's pretty good, IIRC, even if it's probably going to jam or explode sooner or later.

as the second one
>>
>>50233385
Commissar Yarrick infamously looted an Ork Power Klaw and grafted it onto his cybernetic arm, IIRC.
>>
>>50233487
However, the tech was reclaimed and the machine spirit restored by the Admech, so it's ok!
In DH2e, are there any ways to keep the Feral World low tech bonus viable in the long term?
I wagered I could port up the Composite Bow from Inq Handbook, but what about a melee weapon? Chain/Power is technically locked out, so what, just run with a greatweapon all day?
>>
>>50233535
>I wagered I could port up the Composite Bow from Inq Handbook, but what about a melee weapon? Chain/Power is technically locked out, so what, just run with a greatweapon all day?

Take a loot at some of the shit from the splatbooks. There are Low-Tech weapons as good as some Power Swords in raw stats, IIRC.
>>
>>50221246
Please tell me about your font and icons?
>>
>>50233636

Looks to be font Heretica Inquisitor, and basic MSPaint Arrows.
>>
>>50233665
Well I meant this: >>50221072
>>
>>50232976
What >>50232989 said, Also high Agility.
>>
Any interesting encounter hooks for ow?
>>
>>50233603
Any recommendations?
>>50234033
Players are part of a company that is on the Colonel's shit list, get garrisoned out in the middle of buttfuck with no surprise train, little armor of any sort, to protect 2, yes, TWO artillery guns, because fuck you.
BAD SHIT HAPPENS.
>>
>>50233304
>using filthy xeno weapons

If you were my player, sure, I'd let you try and loot it... And after that the Commissariat and the Tech-priests would be so far up your ass that you'd shit out your mouth for a week
>>
>>50234111

And if you were our GM, we'd make sure you were never allowed to do it again for restricting player agency.
>>
>>50234125
GM is always right.
>>
>>50234125
>restricting player agency.
Anon, you do know that using xenos equipment is a capital offense, especially in the Guard, right?
>I just got trolled, didn't I?
>>
>>50234137

GM is only as right as the players allow them to be. Without players, the GM is just a shitty novelist.
>>
>>50234150
I wouldn't want you for my player. It's GM's idea how commissariat and tech priests present react to the tech heresy, and crybabies

>we'd make sure you were never allowed to do it again for restricting player agency

like this would be responded with "grow a pair". Oh I know the state of finding shittiest players possible, but now i have like 10-15 ppl that you can depend on not to be an lore crybaby or an edgelord.
>>
>>50234175
Shouldn't the players be expecting such a response, anyway?
That's why you keep that shit hidden.
>>
Maybe we should dump the scenery/vehicles/portraits here to live up the thread a bit and maybe some of us could use them?
>>
>>50234077
>Any recommendations?
Enemies Within has a pile of Low-Tech ranged weapons, along with the Axe of Retribution (Great Weapon with Penetration 6, Sanctified, and Felling 2) and Flail of Chastisement (1d10+8, Penetration 2 one-handed weapon that has a bunch of tags and can benefit from the Mono upgrade). Enemies Beyond has the Stealth Claw (1d10+4, Pen 4, with a bunch of abilities) and the Wailing Trident (2-handed melee or thrown weapon that does 1d10+8 Pen 4 and has a bunch of abilities). Enemies Without doesn't sort the weapons by talent group, so it's harder to tell which one would count, though the Talonblade probably does even if it's arguably not as good as the Stealth Blade (but still better than a regular sword- 1d10+3 and Pen 4, with Razor-Sharp and Tearing).

So yeah, lots of choices, many of them roughly Power Weapon-tier.
>>
>>50234394
>Enemies Within has a pile of Low-Tech ranged weapons
All of which are pretty shit lol. A composite bow has built in variable ammo that I can make myself for pennies, Pen 1-2 (forgot which), Accurate, range 45m, and counts as silenced for effects. The match/flint/wheellock guns all have atrocious reload times, inaccurate, or some kind of fuck you crippling drawback.
My problem is that you listed a lot of weapons that are very rare or farther down, and my ability to get shit like that is curtailed.
>I have been looking at dat flail, tho
>>
>>50234510
>All of which are pretty shit lol. A composite bow has built in variable ammo that I can make myself for pennies, Pen 1-2 (forgot which), Accurate, range 45m, and counts as silenced for effects.
Well, if you've got the Strength and Offence aptitudes, pick up the Bulging Biceps talent and get a Castigator Heavy Crossbow. 14 bolt magazine, 1d10+6 damage pen 1, and you automatically knock down anything Space Marine-sized or smaller on a successful hit (combine with the promethium-tipped specialty bolts for hilarity ensuing).

>My problem is that you listed a lot of weapons that are very rare or farther down, and my ability to get shit like that is curtailed.
Eat a couple points of Subtlety to invoke your Inquisitor's authority; you'll get to roll against his Influence (which will be 75+) to get the item.
>>
>>50234576
>Well, if you've got the Strength and Offence
Actually strength/defense. I have thought about that crossbow, but I plan to double as an infiltrator/B&E type, so it's tough to bring a big honking fucker like that around.
>my inquisitor
HAHAHAHAA, unfortunately, you are serious. We don't even know who he IS. Our tasks are delivered by dead drop and enforced by implanted cogitators and kill squads with our names on their hitlists.
>>
What is the best 40k RPG and why is it Only War?
>>
>>50234625
You can still invoke his authority to get stuff if you need to. You have badges with the Inquisitorial rosette, right? Show up at a suitable armory (the headquarters of the local Frateris Militia base), and start waving them around, and inform them that you're requisitioning some equipment in the name of the Inquisition.

If you don't have badges, go buy some nice black or red leather and some gold, and get the party's Tech Priest to make some. Cast an Inquisitorial =][= symbol and some letters spelling out "INQUISITORIAL ACOLYTE", and then sew them into a billfold-type bade. Even if they weren't issued to you by your Inquisitor, you're still junior members of the Inquisition, so they're still official Inquisition badges. Just don't expect them to get you anywhere in a dealing with an actual Inquisitor.
>>
File: folding badge.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
folding badge.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>50234747
>If you don't have badges, go buy some nice black or red leather and some gold, and get the party's Tech Priest to make some. Cast an Inquisitorial =][= symbol and some letters spelling out "INQUISITORIAL ACOLYTE", and then sew them into a billfold-type bade.
Basically, something like this, but for the Inquisition.
>>
>>50234791
Inqusitiorial Rosettes are available to inquisitor and if they give the authority to acolytes it certainly wont look nicely if they do shit like this.
>>
>>50234625
>We don't even know who he IS. Our tasks are delivered by dead drop and enforced by implanted cogitators and kill squads with our names on their hitlists.
This sounds like stupid shit. And you're probably not working for an Inquisitor.
>>
>>50234747
>You have badges with the Inquisitorial rosette, right?
I'm having a giggle.
>he actually is recommending impersonating the Inquisition with nothing to back it up outside our word and fake credentials
Anon, you rused me once, you won't get me twice!
Seriously, the consequences for getting found out is a death sentence from all of the Adepta, anon, and unless your Inquisitor values you enough to bail you out, you have burnt all official contacts. You are pushing the absolute most foolhardy thing a warband can possibly do.
>>50234825
Whoever they are, the Admech owe him favors, the Arbites have given us exclusive passcodes to restricted areas, and we have twice been airdropped into places via valkyries manned by fully geared Scions.
By lore, only a Arbites Marshal Proctor, Sector Lord or Inquisitor has that kind of dick to swing.
>he doesn't like black trenchcoat DH games
Here is your OW book, sir, I am having fun with my ambiguous lord.
>>
File: Jetstream Sam scream.jpg (6KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Jetstream Sam scream.jpg
6KB, 299x169px
>>50234885
>I am having fun with my ambiguous lord.

But you're having the WRONG kind of fun!
>>
File: 1477328690520.png (207KB, 595x448px) Image search: [Google]
1477328690520.png
207KB, 595x448px
>>50234907
The FUCK you say?!
>>
>>50234816
They wouldn't be full-blown Inquisitorial Rosettes, since those have special code-cyphers embedded in them to act as signifiers to the Inquisition and grant them Inquisitor-level access to the Inquisition's resources.

It's important to note that in the Inquisition, you basically have whatever power and authority you can convince other people that you have. If you can bluff someone into thinking that you have access to something, you basically do have access to that thing.

Don't have badges, and you want to wave around the "I'm with the Inquisition, give me your stuff" stick with the other arms of the Imperium? Make your own, and pass them off as legitimate! The vast majority of the time, nobody's going to actually bother checking anyway, and from a certain point of view, they are legitimate - you're with the Inquisition, and you made them, so they are official badges designating you as members of the Inquisition.
>>
>>50234885
>airdropped into places via valkyries manned by fully geared Scions.
>black trenchcoat
Whatever you say anon.
>>
>>50234938
> "I'm with the Inquisition, give me your stuff" stick with the other arms of the Imperium? Make your own, and pass them off as legitimate! The vast majority of the time, nobody's going to actually bother checking anyway

WRONG. If you try to pull off this shit some mysterious people start to come and question you from the actual other inquisitors or from different adepta. You will quickly burn bridges like this.

Long story short: You would be fucked over quickly if you have actual brain using GM
>>
>>50234958
>never see the boss
>only see signs of his power and reach
>the dead silent, black masked Scions were clearly a warning of "do not fuck with me", and we all knew it
I think you need to play with a decent GM, anon, who knows how to play an npc with power and reach, and knows how to use them to intimidate.
>>
>>50234885
>Whoever they are, the Admech owe him favors, the Arbites have given us exclusive passcodes to restricted areas, and we have twice been airdropped into places via valkyries manned by fully geared Scions.
By lore, only a Arbites Marshal Proctor, Sector Lord or Inquisitor has that kind of dick to swing.

Lazy GM detected. No aura of shadow, no tricky stuff like "maybe we are tools in hands of heretic", actual scions dropping some low lvl grunts. I mean ffs, they are superior to you. Why does he bother?
>>
>>50235042
>never interact with anyone above you
>don't even know who you're working for
>just handed missions
>unable to acquire resources on your own
Oh yeah anon, sounds mind numbingly interesting.
>>
>>50235109
>>50235117
see
>>50234907
I am amused that Shas called you both out in advance because apparently, my group is having fun in the wrong way.
I could explain to you why all these things happened, why items are more difficult to obtain, but... why should I? You are nobodies, and so am I, and I see no reason to justify my fun to anonymous cunts.
>>
>>50235117
This.
>>
>>50234967
>WRONG. If you try to pull off this shit some mysterious people start to come and question you from the actual other inquisitors or from different adepta. You will quickly burn bridges like this.
So you say "I'm an Acolyte with the Inquisition. It is within my rights as such to requisition the resources of the Imperium in order to accomplish my missions." If they ask who he is, you shrug and say that he's never told you his name, and that he prefers to act through cut-outs and proxies, before offering the evidence that he is a member of the Inquisition in >>50234885. If they ask about the badges, you say that they are your official badges, and that they accurately identify your rank within that organization ("Inquisitorial Acolyte"); if they press you on them, you admit that you made them yourselves, but since you are yourselves official members of the Inquisition, and you made them in the course of your official duties, they are official Inquisitorial badges - if they try to trip you up on some obscure law, just point out that the entire point of the Inquisition is that they're above those things, and that you're empowered to do what you need to do to accomplish your missions and keep the Imperium safe from its many enemies, within, without, and beyond.

Besides which, that sort of thing has rules in Dark Heresy 2e. Have you even read the rules on Subtlety?
>>
>>50235152
Another anon here. Go ahead.
>>50235160
This is the right way to get into painful interrogation in local arbites fortress. If those things are not encrypted then you are fucked over double, but this time even your inquisitor may be disgusted by this shit and he can say "eh, fuck them"

Subtelty mechanics are made for Americans. Its from 0-100 and it gets blurry if the session is narrative, and moving from 50 to 60 to 40 is useless.
>>
>>50235160
>display your Inquisition ties openly
>wonder why when you find your target, they are well armed and waiting for you
Yes, anon, the rules on Subtlety exist, and they usually fuck you over when you go full retard, which what you are suggesting.
Do you think official authorities won't start to ask questions? Do you think the Admech would simply bend over for you? The Ecclesiarchy?
Sure, you could swing the Big I cock in bumblefucksville, but start doing that shit in a place that remotely has it's shit together, and it is bad for you.
>>
>>50232976
Position your units in good, defensible positions. If a battlefield is prepared, flamers are useless. You need good cover (sandbags do fine) and clear lines of sight. Array them in multiple ranks with a superior providing direction for the force as a whole. You can see the pilot light on a flamethrower fairly easily and he's gotta get close to use it, so a decent sergeant would order his troops to focus on the advancing guy with the flamer. Remember: it's only metagaming when it isn't justifiable by present battlefield conditions.
>>
>>50235152
I guess I should have just said that was stupid and not explained anything, clearly you respond better to that than any kind of explanation.

>I could explain, but I won't
Yep, I am right.
>>
How flamers, bracing missle launcher, pinning mechanic works? Righteous fury is 1d5 for critical yes?
>>
>>50235207
>This is the right way to get into painful interrogation in local arbites fortress.
Only if you have a high Subtlety. If you have a low Subtlety, you say "I'm a member of the Inquisition", and people will believe you. But, perhaps, more to the point, you don't go to the Arbites fortress in the first place. You pull out the badge, and say "I'm with the Inquisition. You're coming with me, instead."

> If those things are not encrypted then you are fucked over double, but this time even your inquisitor may be disgusted by this shit and he can say "eh, fuck them"
Or he'll nod approvingly and go "Well done. Exactly as a member of the Inquisition should do."

I mean, have you even read the sections in Dark Heresy 1e about how Inquisitors become Inquisitors in the first place? It's 90% them building contacts and resources, and a decent portion of that is through bluffing their way into acquiring resources they technically shouldn't have access to; the official recognition of an Inquisitor is simply a de jure recognition that someone has already acquired the power and influence of an Inquisitor de facto.

>Subtelty mechanics are made for Americans. Its from 0-100 and it gets blurry if the session is narrative, and moving from 50 to 60 to 40 is useless.
They're the official rules of the game, anon. The rule is that you roll a d100 and if you get under your Subtlety they haven't heard of you/don't believe you, and if you roll over it they have and do.

The fact of the matter is that in 40k, if you say "I'm with the Inquisition," and wave an official-looking badge around? They won't ask questions, they'll just do what you say, since they know you can just shoot them to death if they don't. If one of the orders you give them is "Tell nobody about us", then the odds are pretty good that, at most, they'll tell their boss "The Inquisition showed up and took those" if said boss notices an inventory discrepancy if they can't write it off as stock shrinkage in the ledgers.
>>
>>50235412
>people will believe you Because why would they? It would raise questions, it would work on lowly grunts - but not on admech, ecclesiarchy or some high ranking officials.

2nd: It depends on a mission. There is a reason he is sending you not stormtroopers. You are not a snowflake, and inquisitor hearing from his interrogator level inquisitor: >Hey uh the party you sent to hive xyz made fake rosettes and started flashing them around.
Would throw a fit. Unless he wanted fuckups to.. fuckup.

The process you mentioned takes years, and meddling with inquisitorial encryption will surely bring wrath of inquisitor - if not multiple ones. It's a thin ice on river path you go.

>Official rules

That suck balls so badly, it's something written by mechanics that should be kept narrative from gm, if he is not clueless.
>>
>>50235240
>wonder why when you find your target, they are well armed and waiting for you
>Yes, anon, the rules on Subtlety exist, and they usually fuck you over when you go full retard, which what you are suggesting.
>no going zero Sublety and just rocking up with bolters and power armor and blowing the shit in a glorious set-piece battle that your servo-skulls record and broadcast to the populace as propaganda

>Do you think official authorities won't start to ask questions?
Generally? No. When the Inquisition shows up, you give them what they want and hope that they're not after you. If the badges are fake, then the actual Inquisitors will kill them, and they'll make it unthinkably painful, too.

> Do you think the Admech would simply bend over for you? The Ecclesiarchy?
Depends on what you're asking for. If you're asking for some super-rare holy relic, they might want to know what you want it for, but odds are pretty good that they'll hand it over if you have a pretty convincing explanation ("I need the holy sword of Saint Drusus to kill a Daemon Prince that a Chaos Cult is about to finish summoning" or "Some Hereteks have possessed a slumbering Titan under Hive Sibellius with daemons, they're getting ready to let it loose, and I need your Titan Maniple to kill it.").

If it's just something like a generic Flail of Chastisement or a Power Sword, though? Yeah, sure, they're expensive, but they've probably got a dozen of them in the planetary armory. Roll your Inquisitor's influence, modified by Rarity (-20 or -30, generally); if you fail, they don't have a copy of the specific item you're looking for here.
>>
File: catholicspacenazis.jpg (44KB, 383x498px) Image search: [Google]
catholicspacenazis.jpg
44KB, 383x498px
>>50235509
>2nd: It depends on a mission. There is a reason he is sending you not stormtroopers.
Yup. And that reason is...
>You are not a snowflake,
That you are a snowflake. You are a member of the Inquisition, with all the power and authority that implies.

>Hey uh the party you sent to hive xyz made fake rosettes and started flashing them around.
Or he'd go "Well played. I remember when I did that back when I was an Acolyte, too. I'm going to have to keep an eye on these ones, they've got potential."

>The process you mentioned takes years, and meddling with inquisitorial encryption will surely bring wrath of inquisitor - if not multiple ones.
Who said anything about encryption? It's just gold and leather, so that you can pull it out and clearly identify who you're working with to the plebs.

It's not like there aren't multiple pictures in the artwork of groups of acolytes openly wearing the Inquisitorial symbol on their clothes, weapons, and armor. I mean, look at the cover of Dark Heresy 1e!
>>
>>50235645
You are an acolyte, not an actual inquisitor. There is a huge difference.

The person on the front is an inquisitor you jackass.
>>
>>50235701
Okay, then, picking the first example I could find... the guy on p. 67 of DH 2e Enemies Without, are you going to tell me that he supposed to be an Inquisitor, too? He looks like an Acolyte to me, and he's wearing an Inquisitorial symbol front and center on his collar.
>>
>>50235803
pointless conversation
>>
>>50235906
It wasn't pointless when you were winning? I am a third party here and both of you are retarded. Just grow up and realise that one of you likes to play the game as a continued story, as your characters grow and expand, and the other likes characters that are pre-geared and get sent into set piece missions that they must solve.
>>
new bred

>>50236888
>>50236888
>>50236888
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.