[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 92

File: 1463786243590.jpg (46KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1463786243590.jpg
46KB, 500x467px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50180817
>Centaur communities.mapsft
>SURGE acceptance group flyer.zdf
>Shifters and you: A guide to the knowledge deprived
>colorful cartoon horses.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 5648 (10% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Man, have I told you about that one pidgeon shifter I knew? Even in human form she wasn't particularly smarter than her non-magical kin'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Planes.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Animal edition
We all know the Jaguar shifters, and Bear-Who-Walks-Through-Walls, but what are some rarer animal shifters you got in your games?
Other animal themed concepts welcome
>>
Horse cloaca!
>>
I've joked around about the idea of a parrot shifter who used to roll with a crew of pirates, but sadly haven't gotten to play it.
>>
>>50212093
Damn season 4 of Bojack looking dark.
>>
So I'm reading Shadowrun Anarchy.

I'm sort of a little disappointed by the Shadow Amps.

It seems like anyone can buy Adept powers without the buy in that Mages and Technomancers require (there's nothing that would point to Adepts needing to be Awakened, other than my knowledge of Shadowrun), which is good. But the Adept Powers are kind of useless, which is bad. But there's also Cyberware that isn't that good but costs the same as Adept Powers, except with the additional benefit of costing Essence. I mean, Cyberpurs and Killing Hands do the same thing, with Cyberspur costing -1 Essence. Retractable Razors on the other hand is reasonable at 2 Amp Points and -1 Essence, but kind of makes those Cyberspurs pointless.

I'm used to not every trait within a rating being equivalently meaningful to a story, but that just seems like they didn't think about what they were doing. These are *the same* traits where one has a steeper cost. There's also a lot of traits that only allow rerolls or additional dice, which isn't very interesting.

I'm not actually sure what the rules of the game are, but the powers are kind of uninteresting.

Also the Amps feel expensive.
>>
File: 1475795964358.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475795964358.gif
1MB, 720x720px
I'm starting a SR5 game tonight by rolling up some characters and introducing my table to the shadowrun universe. We played some DnD together before this, but everyone is relatively new to pen and paper.

Any tips to help thing go smoothly ?
>>
File: DnD vs SR.jpg (228KB, 1343x607px) Image search: [Google]
DnD vs SR.jpg
228KB, 1343x607px
>>50212658
First: Rolling up some characters in SR usually takes some time. If you don't already have it I advise you to use chummer5 in the OP
Second: in the mediafire there are the hayek sheets. Download them, print them out(if you play in RL) or send them to your players.
third: In the mediafire, in the Beginner Box content folder is a pdf called "CAT27100X_Quick-Start Rules".pdf. Aside from containing some very basic rules and explanations it contains Food Fight (the good Stuffer Shack Version) RUN IT
aside from that, pic related
>>
>>50212658
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/missions/background/

Give them this.
>>
>>50212864
Thanks, I was debating between doing the stuffershack mission or not, but it seems like a good starting point.

That image is the exact reason that we're switching over to shadowrun in the first place. Everyone wants more depth
>>
>>50212438
- Being awakened has an inital cost at chargen -> mundanes can fit better / more amps into their slots

- Awakened have to give up Amp-Slots for shit like Fireballs, which mundanes don't have to.
Those slots are limited, so thats another drawback.

Not saying its totally balanced, but its not as bad as you make it sound.
>>
Soooo hellhounds as guard critters.

I know that they are dual natured, but i cant make out an ability of them that makes them actually able to harm astral beings. Proably i'm just overlooking things.

Can your average hellhound actually harm, say, astral spirits ? Or do they have to be trained in astral combat to do anything harmful besides barking at them ?
>>
File: Anarky.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anarky.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>50213313
Adept doesn't require you to be Awakened, only Magic Amps do; unless that's stated elsewhere. As is, I wouldn't even consider that if I weren't already familiar with Shadowrun. Maybe that's why Adept Amps are so bland, since they require no buy-in. But that's why stuff like Cyberspur seems like it should be "worth" more.

It seems like Cyberware and Bioware Amps should all be one less, since they also cost Essence.

I'm also not really sure what purpose it serves to restrict characters to being either Awakened OR Emerged. Frankly if you're giving up four Amp points just to buy other Amps, you should be able to do what you want. Then again, I wonder how well the up-front surcharge of 2 Amps for Awakened/Emerged compares to the cost of Essence loss, or increased Amp cost for Bioware. Essence loss also seems more/less meaningful, since a full set of limbs would only be 2 Essence instead of turning you into a Cyberzombie, but even simple things like a Data Jack cost 1 Essence minimum.

I'm just all in all a little disappointed with how bland the powers are. If Adept is sort of the "default", I guess it's okay that they're bland, but since Cyberware requires resource management and Bioware requires both Amp points *and* (slightly lessened) resource management, they should be more interesting than dice bonuses or rerolls.

I mean, "Control Thoughts" is just giving a +1/2/3 on Intimidation and Negotiation.

>Unrelated to the powers:
I haven't gone through most of the rest of the book (I try to always start with chargen) but I get the impression that this is a completely different system that they jury rigged to be as Shadowrun as possible, right down to forcing it to use a d6 dicepool system instead of whatever it originally used.
>>
>>50213680
Aren't they Dual-Natured? If so they can just attack astral forms
>>
File: BIO000000035740.png.jpg (55KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
BIO000000035740.png.jpg
55KB, 599x449px
>>50212093
>We all know the Jaguar shifters, and Bear-Who-Walks-Through-Walls, but what are some rarer animal shifters you got in your games?
My current character is a Dog Shifter. His name is Runt. He's the runt of his litter, from when a paracritter breeder tried to create a Barghest/Hellhound mutt. The result was a mixed litter of either barghests or hellhounds - rather than any dogs with the powers of both - and a single normal german shepherd/english mastiff puppy, apparently unawakened.

I say 'apparently' because at 2 years of age, Runt's owner came home to find a naked elf stealing a bunch of dog biscuits from the tall cupboard - the one with a latch. The elf goes running off to the back room, and by the time his owner gets there, all he finds is his dog, doing a bad job of pretending to sleep.

It doesn't take long for things to get sorted out - Runt wasn't even keeping the shapeshifting an intentional secret, he just didn't see it as worth mentioning before. He only used it for things that required thumbs anyway, like using the trideo remote or accessing food secretly when home alone - he'd booked it because he thought he'd be in trouble for sneaking food.

I play him as a Mystic Adept, with a particular fondness for fire spells, because of his heritage. He makes great use of an armored jacket with special elastic, smart materials, and loose give in certain areas to let him shift without taking it off, along with tactical webbing to keep his gear on him when he has no hands. He mostly uses his dogform for mobility, but honestly he finds it a lot more comfortable during downtime than his humanoid form.

He's a very good boy.
>>
>>50213680
>I know that they are dual natured, but i cant make out an ability of them that makes them actually able to harm astral beings.
Just being dual-natured itself automatically means you can touch/harm astral beings. I'm pretty sure their elemental attack can too.
>>
>>50213785
>>50213870

But don't they need the Astral combat skill to ghost-bite spirits ? Isn't that the whole reason for the skill to exist, to punch spirits on the astral plane ?
>>
>>50213920
You can just use your normal skills if you're hitting them with a dual-natured limb or weapon. Astral Combat is only optional unless you're actually astral projecting, at which point it becomes mandatory.
>>
File: Final Character Sheet.png (823KB, 988x748px) Image search: [Google]
Final Character Sheet.png
823KB, 988x748px
I just beat Dragonfall the other day.
I was disappointed that I couldn't talk Vauclair out of the plan, but damn, that twist.

I'm going to start Hong Kong soon, and I want some advice on what Etiquettes to take, and what to stat my character like. I tried to be a combat Rigger in both Dead Man's Switch and Dragonfall, but the reduced actions made it really hard to be a robo-Rogue like I wanted. I ended up giving up on Rigging, but I didn't quite get to Close Combat 8 by the end, so I wasn't able to use the Ares Monosword.

I'm thinking about trying an Adept, but I worry that trying to be an Adept *and* do melee sword shit *and* have enough to keep up my Intelligence and Biotech and Decking and other useful non-combat traits will spread me thin again.

This is what I ended up looking like at the end of the game.
>>
>>50213920
That's not what Hellhounds look like. This is.
>>
>>50213965
So they can just bite a piece of a spirit or burn them with non-fire-but-close astral fire breath ?
>>
>>50213979
> mouth dick
got it !
>>
>>50214010
They can dual-natured bite, but I just checked, and the Elemental Attack is Physical, so it can't be used to affect Astral things unless they Materialize.

Biting and barking to alert someone else to an astral presence.
>>
>>50214039
Okay, got it ! But do they use their strength and dexterity for damage and attack or charisma and willpower ?
>>
>>50214061
>>50214039
>>50214010
>Astrally perceiving and dual-natured characters use their physical attributes and skills to fight opponents with a physical body, and their Astral Combat + Willpower to fight wholly astral entities.
A hellhound would need to roll using Astral Combat + Willpower (with Charisma as Strength) in order to fight wholly-astral beings. If it doesn't have any points in Astral Combat, it would need to default on the roll, meaning Willpower-1.

But dogs can be trained.

If you want your hellhound to be a really good Astral guard dog, get him trained by an appropriately-skilled shaman to be a very good boy at Assensing and Astral Combat.
>>
>>50213971
In the director cut you can, it just requires some very high charisma checks, the right etiquettes, and in the end it doesn't even matter
>>
>>50214114
>>50214039
>>50213979
>>50213965
>>50213870

Thank you all for those quick and insightful responses. I think i am now ready for my first round as Shadowrun Gm and will now go to sleep.
>>
>>50214114
>If you want your hellhound to be a really good Astral guard dog, get him trained by an appropriately-skilled shaman to be a very good boy at Assensing and Astral Combat.
And maybe get his teeth replaced with some high-end Weapon Focus implanted dental replacements. Or his muzzle tattooed to turn his mouth into a Weapon Focus. Chomp chomp.
>>
>>50214137
I know. I meant that I, personally, couldn't talk him down.
I apparently missed a conversation with the Talismonger's assistant. I also didn't have the skills to learn any extra details about Panacea to use to point out its flaws.
>>
>>50214114
Okay so if i understand the greentext right. Your everyday hellhound could bite a projecting mage, but would need astral combat for a spirit, since the spirit doesn't have a physical body per se ?
>>
>>50214178
or does it mean with "wholly astral" that there is no body in the physical plane moving along with it ? But then, why the need for astral perception to attack ? a mundane dog could bite or a corpsec wit a gun could just shoot it in the face...
>>
>>50214178
>>50214209
It means that in physical combat you use physical stats, but in astral combat (where you're attacking immaterial spirits or projecting mages) you use the astral/mental stats.

The hellhound would use Astral Combat + Willpower. If it's not trained in Astral Combat, that's Willpower -1, or a dice pool of 3.

Dogs - even magic dogs - aren't as good at biting spirits as they are at biting real, physical things, unless you train them to be good boys.
>>
>>50213768
>I'm also not really sure what purpose it serves to restrict characters to being either Awakened OR Emerged

Stoping turbocheese and the fucking background of the game.

You sound like exactly the wrong target audience.
The game is supposed to be rules light.
Making Amps basically always slight die bonuses, accieves this.
Fullfilling your wish of tons of different shit, however, isn't.
Stick to the normal Shadowrun if you want a complex system.
>>
>>50213971
Money is way more scarce in Hong Kong than it was in both DF and S:R, keep that in mind.

You can go the route you lined out, but throw out decking, its way to ressource intensive to tag-on and there is a fuckton of excellent melee weapons you can spend your Nuyen on.
Besides, there is a competent Decker and a frightening good Rigger available, use them both.
>>
>>50214798
I fail to see the purpose in stopping "turbocheese".

>The game is supposed to be rules light.
>Making Amps basically always slight die bonuses, accieves this.
>Fullfilling your wish of tons of different shit, however, isn't.
>Stick to the normal Shadowrun if you want a complex system.
I feel the gulf between "powers are simply bonus dice or rerolls" and "powers that feel flavourful and have meaningful effects that actually do something worthwhile" is so massive that you could park the moon in there.

I don't want a complex system. But the powers in Powered by the Apocalypse games are more interesting.

>>50214840
Ah, good, if there's an NPC decker I won't feel as bad. I was told that the Rigger isn't good, but that her personality is great, though.
If money is scarce, it's probably best to go Adept instead of Street Samurai.
>>
>>50214940
The Decker is a she, the Rigger is a he. People seem to like the Rigger and dislike the Decker generally, but not always.
>>
File: Liam.png (241KB, 537x449px) Image search: [Google]
Liam.png
241KB, 537x449px
Hey Chummers I need some advice. One of my players will be leaving the group for a while because of life stuff. The in game excuse will be that his character need to go back to the UCAS for some time. Any suggestions on hooks for what came up that requires him to drop everything and head home?
>>
>>50212259
Love it and stealing it
>>
>>50216732
Somebody moved in on his turf.
His grandmother needs his help moving apartments.
He was randomly chosen to try out new and exciting drugs for the low price of free.
The Exchange had him do something in the UCAS as part of his instructions.

I'm sure you've thought of loads of reasons for any of the characters to take a hike, just put a more temporary spin on one of those.
>>
>tfw I realize my session this week is on my birthday
>exactly 36 hours before the session starts
>>
>>50216732
Honestly? Send him away on some super crazy job that only he can go on for reasons. That way, you can give him the exact same amount of money and karma for when he comes back so he isn't a gimped loser.
>>
>>50216892
Happy future birthday anon. I suggest showing up with a party hat and a birthday boy badge.
>>
>>50217194
Just make sure that they actually have to do the run, and make sure there's consequences.
>>
>>50212658
Spend at least 5 hours making sure everyone knows the rules for shotgun chokes and grenade blast radius and damage. Be sure to create a PowerPoint to explain the "Chunky Salsa" rule.
>>
>>50212658
Skip over optional rules like Noise, Environmental Modifiers, and Background Count to start with, but make sure everyone knows they exist.
>>
>>50212259
if I haven't found a way to slip this npc into the game within the next month I will consider myself as having personally failed my players
>>
>>50212093
>Dude with a L115 wearing a horse mask

Allows you to line up your shots on people while they're busy going "WHAT THE FUCK" I guess?
>>
>>50214940
The NPC decker and rigger are fantastic at their roles, and the rigger has a favorite drone that you can get a gimmick modification for that makes it into an unstoppable killing machine. Adept is good, but I honestly had the most fun during my street razor cyberspurs only playthrough. With a little money management there's still enough to become an Adam Jensen-esque monster who can sprint a mile in one IP, catch grenades out of midair, and turn half a KE squad into a pile of gore with your sweet wrist blades.

>>50215766
I liked that the rigger was so... alien, I guess, and he brings a pretty interesting viewpoint and set of circumstances to the team. People probably didn't like the decker because she's a huge bitch, and her entire backstory and side run is super uninteresting and felt like it only existed as an unnecessarily long way to learn that the kings have to honor their deals.
>>
File: 1465053825480.jpg (1MB, 700x1375px) Image search: [Google]
1465053825480.jpg
1MB, 700x1375px
>>50212093
Anime edition?!
>>
>>50218581
The thing about them honouring their deals is that they'll fuck you in the end, though.
>>
A question for /tg/. In Shadowrun 5e, would a traditionally bladed weapon without an actual blade make use of the Blades skill, or the Clubs skill?

Like, if you had a wooden sword, or a Rurouni Kenshion style reverse-blade sword, would wielding that count as a blade despite the fact that it doesn't do cutting damage, or would it count as a club because it's effectively a bludgeon?
>>
>>50218789
Depends if you're using it like a blunted bladed weapon, or as a really awful bludgeoning weapon.
>>
>>50218789
>traditionally bladed weapon without an actual blade
>wooden sword
>made of wood
>no blade
Literally a stick.
>>
>>50218581
>an Adam Jensen-esque monster who can sprint a mile in one IP
In Dragonfall I used enough combat drugs to get myself like 8 AP.
>>
>>50218810
I'm thinking in terms of like a Samurai trying a "Less Lethal" alternative for subduing without necessarily murdering. Possibly with some added concealment because a wooden sword is well... wood.
>>
File: 1423591426219.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1423591426219.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>50218789
I think by raw if it doesn't cut it's not a blade, so you'd be using Clubs.

If I were your GM I'd probably make a special exemption for your weeaboo fightan magic stick because you're using it AS a blade, even though it's not one. You'd be using techniques and muscle memory from the Blades skill to use it, even if it can't follow through with a cut. Think about it, if you had to use a training sword or one of those bamboo practice sticks (I don't know what they're called) with the Clubs skill, how would you ever learn Blades? You'd just walk out of the dojo having practiced Clubs your whole life, and suddenly forget everything you've learned when you pick up a sword.

ur a faget btw
>>
>>50218870
I looked through Core pretty thoroughly and there's nothing in there about this specific sort of situation, where a bladed weapon is lacking an actual blade. The closest I found was the rule for changing damage types on page 186.

>CHANGING DAMAGE TYPES
>Sometimes all you have is a sword and you want to knock out your opponent and not kill them. In these circumstances your options are limited, as most lethal melee weapons are not designed for non-lethal attacks.
>When desired, the characters can use the Called Shot (p. 195) option to transfer damage types if the opponent is armored.
>If the opponent is unarmored, the attacking character can use the weapon in question as a club
(with the Clubs skill) with an Accuracy of 3.
>Blades used as a club lose all Reach due to the need to hit with the pommel to be a club.
>>
>>50214283
Okay, now i got it (kinda, rules seem blurry) but now the facility will have an elf dog-handler-adept to raise the best boys around. Thank you good anon.
>>
>>50218896
>there's nothing in there about this specific sort of situation, where a bladed weapon is lacking an actual blade
That's probably because if it's lacking an actual blade, then it's by definition not a bladed weapon.

Just ask your GM if you can use it as a blade and be done with it.
>>
>>50218905
>dog-handler-adept
Someone who can project, rather than just perceive, would be better at training astral combat, but sounds rad.
>>
>>50214940
>If money is scarce, it's probably best to go Adept instead of Street Samurai.
Adepts have to buy their powers with money in SR:HK. You'll gain no benefit there.
>>
>>50218896
He's not talking about hitting with the pommel, though, he's talking about a sword that has a blunted edge.

I wanted to do something similar in a game I dropped out of. I wanted a Metal Gear style High Frequency Blade so that I could be Raiden. It was basically a stun stick that used the Blades skill and was a Shock Katana.

>>50218929
Well darn.
>>
>>50218939
Sure, but all statted clubs except for like, chairs, do P damage in 5th. Honestly something like a bokken would probably just be STR+2P, +2AP.
>>
>>50219011
Think I'm on the latest nightly. Seems like short-barrel mod is now subtracting 2 damage instead of 1.
>>
File: W020140312703990863292.jpg (229KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
W020140312703990863292.jpg
229KB, 1200x1200px
>>50218629
>>
>>50219207
It's perfectn isn't it?
>>
>>50218922
By Howling Shadows RAW you either need the skill you want to teach on that level (and animal handling on a lower one) or animal handling on the level.
Which makes sense to me, since i don't believe that every guard dog trainer is a professional martial artist.
>>
File: 1477392247090.gif (488KB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
1477392247090.gif
488KB, 284x210px
>>50219318
I guess
>>
>>50212438

Actually, Adept powers require being Awakened.

Page 33 "Adept Powers: Instead of casting spells, adepts use mana to perform physical magic"

Page 63 "If you’re not Awakened, you can’t access mana to do amazing things like cast spells, summon spirits, or enhance your physical abilities."

page 134 "Critter Powers work similar to Spells, Adept Powers, and Technomancer Amps in that they can only be used by characters specifically designated as critters, in the same way that spellcasters and adepts are Awakened and technomancers are Emerged.
>>
Has anybody the link for parabotany book for 5e lying around ?
>>
>>50219886
Have you checked the OP pastebin mediafire?
>>
>>50220077
I did and couldn't find it there. Sort of need it for a run at a botany lab.
>>
File: Fire Horse.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Horse.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
>>50212093
>Other animal themed concepts welcome

As soon as shifters are implemented in Chummer5 I'm making someone that was spoken about a long while ago in /srg/.

A Horse shifter unarmed adept, with Adept Spell: Shape [Fire]. A revolutionary from Amazonia, he fought in the Az-Am War as a guerrilla with a knack for destroying supply depots. Now, pursued by Jaguar Warriors, he runs the shadows to earn the money to stay hidden.

I really like the idea of this guy sneaking into places with nothing but his blue jeans and a disposable lighter, and 10 minutes later everything is burning and a horse comes racing out the front entrance, blood on his hooves.

>>50213790
Nice.
>>
File: 1460058681111.jpg (754KB, 1280x609px) Image search: [Google]
1460058681111.jpg
754KB, 1280x609px
>>50213768
>I get the impression that this is a completely different system that they jury rigged to be as Shadowrun as possible

Correct. The Cue System, to be precise. CGL can't innovate, but they can try to hammer it into shape.
>>
>>50220506
Okay i have to ask, what's the lighter for ?
>>
File: Components- Somatic, Material.webm (814KB, 368x394px) Image search: [Google]
Components- Somatic, Material.webm
814KB, 368x394px
>>50220744
To have fire to shape. The Shape spells don't let you create matter, only shape it.
>>
>>50220767
nice

>>50212093
Was playing with the idea of a fog shapeshifter face. Just an all around good boy, maybe even a black german shepard, so people think he might be a hellhound when assensing. Just your usual stuff with kreatin control and commanding voice.

Your charamant elf face when in Metahuman form and an irresistible adorable dog when in animal form you just HAVE to take with you.
>>
>>50220939
>fog shapeshifter

Dammit, Steve, I told you vampires don't work like that in the Sixth World. And you're not even HMHVV-positive, you bought those fangs at Party City.
>>
>>50219645
Oh. Well that's shit, then. Although it means that anyone who's a Mage is automatically an Adept as well. I'm disappointed in this system. I wanted to like it and hoped that it would be a more accessible version of Shadowrun for me. But when the powers feel more like a board game it just feels bland. I don't know. Has anyone even run it yet? This thing came out a little after Gencon didn't it?

>>50220574
I mean, I know it's a different system, I just suspect that it's a very different system that they're trying too hard to make "familiar" to Shadowrun kiddies.
>>
File: 1459262649454.jpg (142KB, 726x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1459262649454.jpg
142KB, 726x1100px
>>50221064
Honestly, I'm just annoyed at the idiots who say it's rules-light, when it's a huge book with a mess of rules. It only looks simpler compared to SR5.
>>
>>50221800
It seems rules light. Or at least from what I can tell it's roughly Fate level.
>>
File: 1459263728172.jpg (93KB, 600x796px) Image search: [Google]
1459263728172.jpg
93KB, 600x796px
>>50222001
Trust me, it's average in terms of complexity. Try running a combat and you'll see, it's about D&D 5e level. If it was Fate, it's the shitty first version of Dresden Files Fate, with a lighter shell stuffed to the brim with so many modifiers and options it slows right down.
>>
File: 1477425518172.jpg (35KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1477425518172.jpg
35KB, 393x393px
>>50212093
Hey /srg/-bros. Anyone got an imgur/dl link to the artwork gallery? My HDD got fucked two weeks ago and I need some crazy gang mofos.
>>
File: 1465477185625.png (153KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1465477185625.png
153KB, 500x357px
>>50222083
Pastebin, faggot.
>>
>>50222110
The link doesn't work, dunce. Since forever.
>>
File: Idiot Sandwich.gif (773KB, 308x173px) Image search: [Google]
Idiot Sandwich.gif
773KB, 308x173px
>>50222150
>open Mega
>open Token folder
>suck my dick
>>
>>50222191
fuck. I think I owe you that BJ. Thanks, tho.
>>
File: 1463980572543.jpg (1001KB, 1306x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463980572543.jpg
1001KB, 1306x900px
>>50222212
Welcome. The dropbox link is being saved as a noob trap, I assume.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtG93BebJ4
Major a cute but Batou looks derpy as fuck.
>>
>>50222358
>Those fucking eyes.
Is his head too wide or something?
>>
>>50222358
It turns out, sometimes things that look cool in anime look pretty fuckin' stupid in live action.
>>
>>50222001
Fate is not, nor has it ever been rules-lite.
>>
>>50222358
It *looks* good, but Johansen's quiet disaffectedness isn't the same as the Major's, and Batou's eyes look even weirder than in the comics.

It all *looks* like I'd expect Ghost in the Shell to, but the plot sounds dumb and useless and ~backstory~ filled instead of something more interesting like the Laughing Man incident. I wonder if they're just going to redo the original movie? Some of it looks like they might.

Also
>Afraid to lose people by with an Asian lead
>Show lesbianism in the trailer
Progress?
>>
>>50222548
Fate is what people talk about when they talk about Rules Lite games that still have enough depth to last beyond a single silly session, the way that RISUS can't.
>>
File: 1479014873083.gif (1MB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1479014873083.gif
1MB, 500x558px
Do you guys have some comfy shadowrun/cyberpunk pictures?
>>
File: 1461612983756.jpg (134KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
1461612983756.jpg
134KB, 1024x663px
>>50222753
sadly not nearly enough

I search my folder and post what I find
>>
File: 1461613179859.jpg (53KB, 736x595px) Image search: [Google]
1461613179859.jpg
53KB, 736x595px
>>
File: 1475025670599.png (2MB, 1850x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1475025670599.png
2MB, 1850x1240px
>>
File: tumblr_o975yb031Y1v9hzxjo1_1280.jpg (245KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o975yb031Y1v9hzxjo1_1280.jpg
245KB, 1280x720px
There's cats everywhere
>>
File: 1475311422545.jpg (377KB, 1280x898px) Image search: [Google]
1475311422545.jpg
377KB, 1280x898px
>>
File: sUWLb3z.gif (360KB, 1024x535px) Image search: [Google]
sUWLb3z.gif
360KB, 1024x535px
>>50222866

Thanks anon
>>
File: 1476704032186.jpg (274KB, 1280x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476704032186.jpg
274KB, 1280x650px
>>
>>50222557
>Johansen's quiet disaffectedness isn't the same as the Major's
Well, I don't think any flesh and bone actress can get it quite right. Or would you have some idea who could?

>I wonder if they're just going to redo the original movie?
Well, trailer is showing three of the most iconic scenes from the original movie (four if the half-a-second flick of Batou is the "I hacked your sub-par eyes"). So they might as well.
>>Show lesbianism in the trailer
Major did her share of... fooling around. Canonically.

On a side not, I totally love the holographic building-sized commercials. It just fits.
>>
File: 1474137746431.jpg (2MB, 1900x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1474137746431.jpg
2MB, 1900x1034px
>>
File: 1474075899766.jpg (1MB, 1210x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474075899766.jpg
1MB, 1210x900px
>>
File: 1472621632403.jpg (704KB, 1600x857px) Image search: [Google]
1472621632403.jpg
704KB, 1600x857px
>>
File: 1471191983904.jpg (215KB, 810x824px) Image search: [Google]
1471191983904.jpg
215KB, 810x824px
>>
File: 1469766547580.gif (130KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1469766547580.gif
130KB, 500x333px
>>
Thanks anon, saved
>>
File: 1468103755082.jpg (130KB, 900x771px) Image search: [Google]
1468103755082.jpg
130KB, 900x771px
>>
File: 1468099873623.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1468099873623.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
>>
File: 1466473169764.jpg (1MB, 903x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466473169764.jpg
1MB, 903x1000px
>>
File: 1466402753785.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466402753785.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1464154544079.jpg (1MB, 1000x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1464154544079.jpg
1MB, 1000x1111px
>>
File: 9184049720175446519.jpg (264KB, 1606x899px) Image search: [Google]
9184049720175446519.jpg
264KB, 1606x899px
>>50222904

Isn't /srg/ all about that catgirl?
>>
File: 1462627333892.jpg (52KB, 564x740px) Image search: [Google]
1462627333892.jpg
52KB, 564x740px
>>
File: 50951182_p0.jpg (586KB, 973x1200px) Image search: [Google]
50951182_p0.jpg
586KB, 973x1200px
>>
File: 1457904978903.jpg (124KB, 484x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457904978903.jpg
124KB, 484x600px
>>
File: 1457669423153.jpg (479KB, 751x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457669423153.jpg
479KB, 751x700px
>>
File: 03d7c6ab127843fe83becac8d35d2354.jpg (181KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
03d7c6ab127843fe83becac8d35d2354.jpg
181KB, 992x1403px
>>
File: 1455329400143.jpg (225KB, 683x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1455329400143.jpg
225KB, 683x1160px
>>
File: 1398252155077.jpg (1MB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1398252155077.jpg
1MB, 1900x1200px
>>
File: 32542184_p0.jpg (2MB, 4200x2363px) Image search: [Google]
32542184_p0.jpg
2MB, 4200x2363px
>>
File: 1405418414340.jpg (2MB, 9450x3188px) Image search: [Google]
1405418414340.jpg
2MB, 9450x3188px
>>
File: tumblr_nh1lfkqAGc1rsagu3o1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh1lfkqAGc1rsagu3o1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x711px
>>
File: 57279845_p0.jpg (849KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
57279845_p0.jpg
849KB, 1500x750px
>>
Is it possible to "sneak" while projecting astral ?
>>
That's it for me
hope you enjoyed what I had at hand
nice to see some other Chummers help out
>>
File: 43286104_p0.jpg (319KB, 1339x665px) Image search: [Google]
43286104_p0.jpg
319KB, 1339x665px
>>50223400

Anytime, omae.
>>
>>
>>50223395
You'd just roll infiltration vs assesnsing
>>
>>
>>50222958
Possibly Tilda Swinton, although I'm not entirely convinced she's human to begin with.
>>
>>
>>50223524
>another honky
>>
>>50223553

If they were doing this movie 10 years ago, I think Lucy Liu could have pulled it off well.
>>
>>50222358
I wish that they'd just tell a story instead of getting into shitty pseudo-philosophical bullshit.

>>50222407
The artificial eyes are white/tan in the animu but are black in this. The actor's face is close to Batou's, but not nearly as muscular.
>>
>>50223759
>instead of getting into shitty pseudo-philosophical bullshit.
Welcome to the Cyberpunk genre, can I take your mirrorshades?
>>
>>50223804
Some groups overcome that by telling a story that gets into philosophy and use show-don't-tell to set a better tone. It's disappointing that this is where it's going, but we'll see what's going on.
>>
>>50223759
The animu didn't look nearly as derptastic in regards to his eyes, might just be the japanese penchant for fucked facial structure making a realistic version look strange.
Semi-related, he reminds of that alien from the Men in Black movie that involved time travel.
>>
>>50223841
Except the alien's eyes in MIB3 looked better than Batou's eyes in this.
>>
>>50222958
I don't think being flesh and bone has anything to do with having the right tone. Hell, they've got her looking the part. But her dialogue and delivery are nothing like Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's from the Ghost in the Shell anime.
She seems confused and scared, almost.

>Major did her share of... fooling around. Canonically.
I know. I was talking more about the things that Hollywood shies away from. Can't make those male audience members feel their dreamgirl is unavailable.

I do also love the big commercials. I notice a lot of them are monks. I get the impression that there's some cult thing going on, and that Major's history intertwines with it. I don't think they're going to go for the... what was it in the original movie? The Dollmaker?

>>50223759
>I wish that they'd just tell a story instead of getting into shitty pseudo-philosophical bullshit.
The whole point of Cyberpunk and especially Ghost in the Shell (which I think is more the benchmark of what modern cyberpunk is than anything else) is that it is all about the philosophy.

>>50223839
If you don't like Ghost in the Shell you're not going to like Ghost in the Shell. I personally hope they go hard in the paint with philosophical wankery.
>>
>>50223839
>>50223918
I mean, the name is a direct reference to the book The Ghost in the Machine, which is about philosophical psychology.
As well as a reference to the Major's status as a full-body conversion/cyborg.
>>
>>50223918
>>50224076
Yes, philosophy and psychology, not pseudo.

The first GitS movie was decent, but SAO ran a bit too long without a concrete plan, so things floundered a bit and certain events and plot arcs weren't ever decently satisfied, or characters made stupid choices when they'd have known better to.

The series' & movies' action remains entertaining and they have some pretty interesting and complex stuff going on, but it eventually tries to tell something instead of showing something, which is disappointing to me.
>>
>>50224202
>SAO
did you mean SAC?
because I can't see any connection between a isekai and GitS
>>
>>50224302
Yeah, SAC.
>>
>>50224202
I feel like the issue here is that you don't like it, so you dismiss it as "pseudo-".
>>
>>50221064
>I mean, I know it's a different system, I just suspect that it's a very different system that they're trying too hard to make "familiar" to Shadowrun kiddies.
Yes. The Cue System. They took it and hammered it until it vaguely resembled Shadowrun - severely denting it in the process.
>>
>>50223400
I'm currently putting together a Flickr gallery of all my cyberpunk imagery, starting with what's in the pastebin and completed by everything I've gather in about a year and a half of lurking here and doing random internet searches.

About 40% of it is tagged, and I hope to finish the tagging by the end of the month. There's around 800 pictures, so I'd rather not have to look through 4 pages of stuff when I could just type "orc punk samurai" or "milspec armor".

Tags are currently in French, but if /srg/ is interested I could either change them to English or provide a translation sheet. Most of it is pretty transparent.
>>
>>50224687
>Tags are currently in French, but if /srg/ is interested I could either change them to English or provide a translation sheet. Most of it is pretty transparent.
I'd be interested.
>>
>>50224822
>>50224687
dito
I'm in favor of a translation sheet. Less work
>>
i'm streaming blade runner in about ten minutes
i posted it in /vg/tesg/ and i got no interest
cytube / r / NAMBLA
>>
>>50226263
The Elder Scrolls General?
I can't imagine why there would be little to no interest.
>>
question about essence and 5e

so i've been in chummer and herolab and i've made a variety of different character builds with essence values that go into the hundreths (ie, .05) and both say it's good to go and no cyberzombie scenario occurs

is it ok since it's a nonzero number?
>>
>>50226960
as long as your essence is not 0 or below you are alive, though some would have your character show signs of cyberpsychosis at that point
you only become a cyberzombie if a Corp/similarly powerful entity puts so much Deltaware in your body that you get less than 0 essence, and then before your soul leaves the body staples it to your flesh with cybermancy
>>
>>50226960
Cybermancy isn't something that can just happen from having low essence. The only drawbacks to low essence are difficulty healing, poor social checks, low or no magic/resonance caps, and the roleplaying issues caused by being less and less connected to your humanity (referred to as cyberpsychosis).

If you reach 0 essence, you die. To become a cyberzombie, you have to be brought below 0 essence, have special cyberware installed, and a megacorp has to do some real nasty voodoo shit to keep your soul in your body so you can become a huge liability and even larger waste of company resources.
>>
File: tumblr_od7afkGORv1r2r59eo1_1280.png (498KB, 753x1071px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7afkGORv1r2r59eo1_1280.png
498KB, 753x1071px
>>50221064
I ran a couple of games after I was gifted a copy of the book. I honestly prefer running a hacked version of Blades in the Dark, Anarchy really doesn't do a lot to make rules-lighty stuff happen. Combat taking up a single page is nice, I suppose. And the sheer number of example characters is good. Honestly my favourite part of the book is the art.
>>
>>50227594
>poor social checks
Even with the lowest possible essence, it's more of an introductory penalty. You might go for gold and take negative qualities around cyber psychoses, but you likewise might also choose a non-minimum charisma and some social skills that keep your PC from having brain problems when NPCs talk to them.
>>
File: 1383127034521.jpg (350KB, 903x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1383127034521.jpg
350KB, 903x1600px
>>50227594
>so you can become a huge liability and even larger waste of company resources.
Yeah, but she's my wife so she was already that.
>>
>>50227594
>Cybermancy isn't something that can just happen from having low essence.
You mean cyberpsychosis?
>>
>>50227941
No, I meant cybermancy. You can't become a cyberzombie just by having low essence.
>>
>>50227665
Blades in the Dark? Isn't most of the art just reused from other Shadowrun books? I recognized a few pieces.

Tangential: Anyone play The Sprawl, the PbtA Cyberpunk game?
>>
>>50228001
Most of the character art is new. Sidebar art and such has largely been used before though.
Blades in the Dark is a rules-light heist/murder tabletop in an industrial fantasy setting. Basically Dishonored meets Shadowrun. Mechanics are based on Apocalypse World, I think. My absolute favourite thing about that ruleset is that it doesn't frontload all the planning. If a curveball comes up that could have been dealt with in the past, you just do a Leverage-style flashback and go 'Oh yes, we absolutely knew that we'd need a getaway wagon *here*, so several hours beforehand we arranged to have one' and then you vignette back to that scene and play out anything that needed to happen.
https://a.desu.sh/mqoxai.pdf
>>
>>50227941
Cybermancy as a specific and very specialised form of magic designed to tie souls to heavily cybered bodies allowing some to "live" with an essence of zero or below. Usually below as the only real point to these things is making an astrally staining abomination with which to fuck up enemy mages. AS the anon who first mentioned it pointed out, it's pretty costly and kind of unreliable, as well difficult to get the cyberzombie to co-operate as it thinks it's dead and tends to get crazy.

Cyberpsychosis isn't really as big a thing is Shadowrun as it is something like Cyberpunk 2020. Sure replaces your limbs with mechanical ones affects your mental well being (or reveals an existing issue at least) but what with all the other crazy stuff in shadowrun it just doesn't have the same impact.
>>
>>50228270
2020 does it right.
>>
Are there rules/ references to gorgons anywhere? Or would I have to resort to SURGE?
>>
Is there any justification for having a runner who's blind/deaf/otherwise crippled other than them being terrified of essence loss? Seems that any kind of disability is really easy and cheap to treat in Shadowrun.
>>
>>50228897
I'm pretty sure there's bioware healing that can restore lost vision/hearing without essence loss. You can change your sex or metatype by spending a week or so in a tub of goo.
>>
>>50228897
The qualities for Blind, Deaf, etc. indicate that you have a complete inability to process those stimuli in your brain, and that it can't be mitigated with technology.
>>
>>50229173
It says it's a nerve issue rather than a brain issue, isn't it trivial to fix damaged nerves?
>>
File: suit_by_guweiz-d9spqq3.jpg (142KB, 800x855px) Image search: [Google]
suit_by_guweiz-d9spqq3.jpg
142KB, 800x855px
>>50222252
>>
>>50229243
Not exactly. ASiST technology is a shim for converting digital sensory data into or from analog input/output. If the connected nerve isn't sending or receiving the appropriate signals, it can't work.
>>
>>50228001
There's a really good podcast called Friends at the Table that used The Sprawl in their second season, called Counter/Weight. They switched to it partway through after using TechNoir at the start, and it's a Pink Mohawk by way of Gundam game, but very worth a listen if you want to see the system in action.

Personally, ran a couple of one-shots of the Sprawl. Pretty fun, but hacking is absolute dogshit that slows the game right down, so I worked around that. Can post the moves I wrote if you're interested.
>>
File: 5pOKIQx.jpg (1MB, 1800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
5pOKIQx.jpg
1MB, 1800x1201px
>>50228867
Anyone?
>>
>>50228867
>>50229785
Doesn't exist. Gorgons in shadowrun are ocean-based dracoforms, but they're super-rare.
>>
>>50229902
What the fuck. Minotaurs, cyclops, and satyrs, but no gorgon? I'm straight up bamboozled by these choices.
>>
>>50229922
it's because it's a setting, not a one-size-fits-all thing. you can't include everything and expect to have any cohesion
>>
>>50212093
Are there any "canon" examples of mask wearing shadowrunner groups and what was the reaction to such a thing if it did exist. I've got some dorohedoro/payday fans in my tabletop group and I figured a good way to get them into shadowrun was by incorporating similar themes, but wasn't sure how well that would be looked upon in the sixth world.
>>
>>50229983
I mean, wearing something to obscure your identity during a breaking and entering is a cool idea, but most people get away with no doing it. If you're just doing it for style points, people in the shadows would probably call you gimmicky or somesuch.
>>
File: file.png (194KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
194KB, 1000x564px
>>50229922
Hell, naga are straight-up sneks.
>>
>>50229998
I'd certainly hint to them that the masks could have functionality beyond merely being masks, like having nvgs or air filters built in, but that would be up to them, right?
>>
>>50230028
Eh, I was more interested in the snake hair than the snake body really.
>>
>>50230075
You can get medusa hair extensions, but they're not a natural thing. Changeling won't help you much either.
>>
File: 6f18837b27cfede506ffffe8ba7573d6.jpg (164KB, 736x1048px) Image search: [Google]
6f18837b27cfede506ffffe8ba7573d6.jpg
164KB, 736x1048px
>>50230089
Shit. Why not? Gotta be some more straight forward animal-human fusion?
>>
>>50229983
>>50230030
I had a character in a game once who had a Ballistic Mask. He was an Adept, so I just used it to hold all his less-legal vision enhancements that he only needed while on runs.
>>
>>50230211
Also, it was painted black with gold racing stripes on it, for style points.
>>
>>50229983
All my characters always have ballistic masks, and they're always packed with gadgets.
>>
How do you determine a sprite's dice pools? They have matrix attributes listed, but those aren't actually rolled for most actions.
>>
So I'm making a runner in LA, he's a Troll Adept and a huge weeaboo (even by Shadowrun standards). I'm planning to play him as incredibly dorky yet surprisingly athletic. He uses a katana as his primary weapon, and I need an alias for him. We already agreed that his unofficial nickname would be Spaghetti-Kun, because he's a Mafia boss's estranged son and incredibly socially awkward, but I need his actual alias.

My task for you, /tg/, is to help me brainstorm a silly edgy alias for my character. Something like "Shadowblade" or "The Horned Samurai", or something like that. Ideas?
>>
>>50230513
Is it a name he picked for himself, or one that was bestowed on him?
>>
>>50230542
It's a nickname he gave himself. As I'm told, LA has a thing where it hires runners and has them film it, to be sold later. None of them use their actual names, so they create aliases, essentially creating a certain fan base around this runner persona they invent. My character actually got into Running because if that's, cause he was broke and wanted to be like his Runner idol/waifu.

So yeah, I'm basically going for the angle of "He picked this name for himself thinking it was cool, but it's actually really silly and lame sounding".
>>
>>50230513
Ninge
>>
File: ballistic-mask.jpg (95KB, 556x465px) Image search: [Google]
ballistic-mask.jpg
95KB, 556x465px
>>50229983
Teach them the virtues of custom balllistic masks. I prefer vision mods and an integral gas mask in mine. Honestly surprised to read that some people aren't using them, as I consider it core gear.
>>
File: pirate.png (4KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
pirate.png
4KB, 64x64px
Can somebody please tell me on which page in Data Trails i can find how many Software Slots an AI running on a Drone occupies?
I'm trying to find it, but the whole book is such a fucking mess.
>>
>>50230513
Euphoric Gentleman
>>
>>50231076
DT, p153.
>AIs are able to use the Control Device or Spoof actions to order to have a device load the AI into an empty program slot. An AI takes up one program/app slot on a device unless the device’s rating is lower than the AI’s Depth. In this case, the AI takes up two slots. If there aren’t enough empty software slots on a device, the AI cannot load onto that device. This means an AI with Depth 4 could never load onto a Rating 1 device, for example.
>>
>>50224202
To be fair there is total pseudo-science going on in the GitS manga, talking about souls and the dao and straight up getting spirit mediums in on cases. As a manga it got incredibly strange, adaptations since then have significantly toned it down.
>>
>>50231205
Thanks a lot, Yekka

>>50231274
GITS Manga vs the Animes is a very strange case anyways.
One of the rare cases where the first animated installments with significant changes to the plot are vastly superior to the source material.
>>
>I can't raise Depth to 6 due to a fucking 100 Points Limit on special Attributes in Karmagen

Well fuck me with a Chainsaw...
>>
>>50231386
Que?
>>
>>50231402
Sorry, I am tired, i misread something. Everything working as intendend, Yekka.
>>
File: para1.png (258KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
para1.png
258KB, 300x384px
>>50212093
Lets make the next /srg/ topic: plants use and abuse.

Was always a huge fan of cheap and easy protection, like undergrowth added with thornblade grass or dual natured vines as ghetto barrier.Or just plants as random encounter to make a seemingly normal day more interesting.
>>
>>50229949
So how's that any different from what they've got?Why would Gorgons be "ocean-based dracoforms"?

>>50229775
>Pink Mohawk by way of Gundam
You're going to have to elaborate there...

>>50229983
I'm not actually that big a Shadowrun fan, but of the, like, five times I've *almost* been in a Shadowrun game, most everyone took a Ballistic Mask for the simple useful armour. Only one person had it built into their character to acknowledge it, though, and they were a ditzy Shygirl inspired runner.

Payday would definitely be a very Shadowrun game.
>>
So, I am building a Pseudo-Streetsam AI resting in a S-K Direktionssekretär.

Anyone has some ideas for some CHEAP stuff i could place into my Drone Limbs?

I have 4 Capacity in each Arm and 8 in the legs left, Agility and Strength Boosts are already taken care of.
>>
>>50230693
I do that, but with a normal helmet, because I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>50232057
Smuggling compartments. Skates or Skimmers. Optimisation of your arms for a given skill. Cyberfingers with surprise gimmicks.
>>
>>50230124
Nah, you can be all sorts of shit. There just isn't anything that would help you be a gorgon in particular in the SURGE qualities. You'd be in full-on homebrew land.
>>
>>50232362
>Smuggling Compartments

This sounds like a good idea.
One in each leg, cheap SMG with easy brakedown stored in the two halves, be never unarmed anymore.
>>
>>50232455
Cyber holster. Be robocop.
>>
>>50232362
>skimmers but not Hydraulic Jacks
>>
Does shadowrun have phoenixes? I got a cool idea for them as awakened pigeons, but I figured I ought to make sure they don't already exist before I add them to my game.
>>
>>50232362
>>50232658
>>50232874

Excellent, keep the ideas coming, I'll post a build later since I'm not going to play Magic today ;_;
>>
>>50232874
They're definitely not a bad piece of gear, but I've run (hue!) into more situations where 'gotta go fast' was much more relevant than 'gotta jump far'.

You can always get both, of course.
>>
File: Security.png (89KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
Security.png
89KB, 212x278px
Is the Restricted Gear Quality in Chummer buggy or am I doing something wrong?

Only piece of gear over availability 12 I have is Hardened Mil-Spec Battle Armor: Heavy but Chummer keeps saying I have too many restricted items. It looks like it is counting the Armor Mods (including the default ones) as forbidden because deleting them seems to resolve the issue and allow me to go into career mode. But there must be some way to work around this. Surely this issue has come up before.
>>
>>50232928
>>50232874
>>50232658
>>50232362
Another Question:
What would be the best Action to take Codeslinger for, for the AI-Sam mentioned above? I chose "Brute Force", but there might be better stuff ...
>>
>>50232932
There is an option to allow illegal Characters to be created, alternatively just raise the Availability Limit in the houserule tab
>>
>>50231907
They have 'tentacle-like' appendages >>50232932
Should be resolved in current nightlies.
>>50232885
Yes, but there's not much fluff about them. Their only real fluff is that they're a large awakened bird with the Energy Aura power.
>Shadowrun, 2nd Edition, p 229
>Critters, p 39
>>
>>50232941
Do you have a cyberdeck?
>>
>>50233080
No, but why would i use one as an AI anyways?
>>
>Want to ask /srg/ about ideas for a campaign I'm running
>my players browse /srg/
life is ruff, chummers
>>
File: Null.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Null.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hello /srg/, could I get some advice? Trying to make a mage focused on countering other mages/magical security, but I'm not sure of the beat way to do so. Should banishing be a high priority, or would I be better off just punching spirits via astral combat? Similarly, how useful would counterspelling be for dismantling spells/mana barriers? Or should I just stick to using my counterspell dice for defense? Thanks in advance, attached PDF is current build.
>>
>>50233313
Ask for ideas, use ideas but twiste them.

Let your players think that you´re using the original idea but don´t, tehere is something else.

????

Profit
>>
>>50233313
>>50233336
Alternatively, don't do that. They'll expect you to twist their ideas, and be paranoid the whole run.

Or do what I do when I ask /srg/ for help. Either ask in a round-about way so the players don't realize I'm their GM, or spoiler tag the actual questions and make it very clear before the spoiler that I am their GM, and hope they enjoy having fun enough to not spoil themselves.(It's worked out, so far.)
>>
>>50212093

>Hitman soutfit
>The Awp
>Creepy Horse mask
>Still an ON-TOPIC OP Pic

Well done OP.

>>50213920
>>50213979
>>50216732
>>50218629
>>50220574
>>50220767
>>50221800
>>50222054
>>50222252
>>50222753
>>50222866
>>50222887
>>50222902
>>50222921
>>50222904
and the list goes on.....

I love this thread and I haven't even started READING past the first 2 posts.
>>
I an planning to play a character that fakes conditions on a near full time basis in order to make it easier to ditch identities

Should i tell the other players i am a fake vampire, or should i let them find that out on their own?
>>
>>50218789
I would rule it depends on whether the char is wielding it like a sword or using it like a club/bat. I would say it still uses blades but with a penalty on the damage roll because it doesn't cut as well
>>
>>50232928
Once I started thinking in three dimensions, I found quite the opposite to be true. Being able to run faster is a nice bonus, but being able to walk out of an eighth story window as safely as if you were stepping off of a curb expands your options dramatically.
>>
One of my players asked me a question, and it seemed sensible, but I wanted to pose it to you all before I answer him.

"If I have a biomonitor, can I set it up to automatically activate a trauma patch thats on me when it detects that I am in critical condition?"

Overall, it makes sense to me that this would be allowed, but I don't know that it was the intent for it to work this way. Thoughts?
>>
can you hook an explosive up to a biomonitor?
>>
>>50234428
How would they activate the trauma patch automatically? I don't know if you can slap a trauma patch on your flesh without it trying to fix your shit.

>>50234456
So a suicide vest?
>>
>>50234428
Activate a trauma patch with what? It could certainly activate a medkit built into your armor, though.

>>50234456
Yeah, sure. Or a script on your commlink could at least. There's probably going to be a go-between somewhere.
>>
>>50234470
Yeah. No point in a suicide vest if someone can just shoot you to stop you from setting it off.
>>
>>50234486
That's just a normal dead man's switch.
>>
>>50234428
There are wrist-worn auto-injectors. Just put the shit from the Traumapatch in there and hook it up to the Biomonitor.
Normal Patches give you the treatment the instant they are applied, don't think there is a way to stop this.
>>
>>50234513
I don't recall those being listed under detonator types tho
>>
>>50234602
It isn't, but what you described was just a deadman switch.
>>
>>50234632
Well yeah. What I meant was "can I get one in shadowrun" tho.
>>
>>50234649
I don't see why you couldn't use a biomonitor in that way, so sure.
>>
File: Armored Trooper Votoms.jpg (316KB, 1249x900px) Image search: [Google]
Armored Trooper Votoms.jpg
316KB, 1249x900px
>>50231907
>>Pink Mohawk by way of Gundam
>You're going to have to elaborate there...

The game started using MechNoir, a hack of Technoir (a cyberpunk game) that includes rules for giant robot suits. One of the main characters was introduced as "What if Han Solo used to be Beyonce". It's got a lot of anime influences, but it's still cyberpunk (GitS, to use examples from this thread, but with more focus on political philosophy than personal ethics).
>>
File: 1448853599898.jpg (103KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
1448853599898.jpg
103KB, 900x637px
>>50232885
Howling Shadows pg 70 has the 5e stats for the broad category of Phonecian Birds, which includes specifically phoenixes but also similar firebirds.
>>
>>50234740
Damn.
>>
>>50234071
>fakes conditions for fake identities
>pics the most obvious one, with huge restrictions on your actions to keep the cover while getting none of the benefits, and also one that will be actively hunted and murdered by literally everyone

You're doing a dumb, anon.
>>
>>50234779
You say that now, but ill be the one laughing when i cash in all those free silver bullets
>>
>>50234854
All you need is some forceps to pull the out of your skull and you're good.
>>
>>50234928
Its the perfect crime!
>>
>>50234773
You can still do a species of SURGE pigeon with fire powers, possibly arising out of competition with the growing number of demon rats.

and then you get hired by a 5th world idealist ecoterrorist for extermination duties, wiping out all this Awakened trash so 'real' animals can repopulate the ecosystem
>>
>>50233333
Somewhat shameless self-bump, plus another question: will a counterspelling foci/specialization also increase my dice pool for spell defense, or does it only apply to undoing an ongoing/quickened spell?
>>
>>50235903
"Counterspelling: Counterspelling foci add dice equal to their Force to any Counterspelling attempt, as long as the countered spell is in the same category as the focus. It also adds its Force to your spell defense pool."
>>
>>50235978
I really need to work on my reading comprehension, because I clearly let that line slip by. Thanks, good to know I dropped 8000 nuyen on something that won't be purely situational.
>>
>>50234714
>"What if Han Solo used to be Beyonce"
wut

Is that a transgender smuggler who used to be a pop star, or what? Because that could be a cool character concept.
>>
>>50237234
>Is that a transgender smuggler who used to be a pop star, or what?
You can be transsexual without being transgender, interestingly. A man who gets kidnapped by the mafia and sex-changed for prostitution might still identify as the same gender (male) while having had their physical sex changed (transsexual).

It's not considered much of a thing in real life, though, because transsexualism is more or less exclusively the tool of the transgendered community.
>>
>>50232369
You could maybe argue for it being an effect of the unusual hair negative quality.
>>
File: Aria Joie.png (218KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Aria Joie.png
218KB, 360x480px
>>50237234
Not transgender, but the other stuff. She was a pop idol manufactured by Space Disney, complete with a mecha back-up dancer, who turned to mercenary work after touring the galaxy and getting some radical ideas (Space Disney not being a fan of songs about overthrowing the corporatocracy).

The team muscle is a former parking lot AI that gained sentience, downloaded itself into one of the robo-valets, and started breaking legs for money so he could have a cool spaceship. It's a good show.
>>
>>50237354
>You can be transsexual without being transgender, interestingly
I feel like your example is trying to hard, and to counter it I'd point out that they're still transitioned, even if against their will, and living outside of the gender binary.
Also, they'd likely have gender dysphoria and wish they were back in their original form.

Or, you know, love being a woman and gargle a billion dicks. That's what my pornographic trideos tell me, at least.

>>50237403
This character sounds awesome.
>Parking lot AI
This character sounds ridiculous.

What game is this? MechNoir?
>>
>>50237794
You can love being a woman and gargle a billion dicks while still having gender dysphoria and wanting to be a dude again.

People are complex, and often contradictory.
>>
>>50237794
>What game is this? MechNoir?

The season (called Counter/Weight) started with MechNoir, but after a few episodes they decided that it wasn't the system they wanted to use for the podcast, so they switched to The Sprawl (with some modifications to accommodate for things that they established with MechNoir rules).
>>
>>50237794
>Also, they'd likely have gender dysphoria and wish they were back in their original form.
It did happen to a canadian dude, iirc, and he did show signs of dysphoria. There was a circumcision accident at birth and at the time doctors thought people id as what ever gender they were raised as, so they decided the best thing to do was to raise him as a girl.
>>
>>50237825
No, anyone who gets genderchanged forcibly learns to love their new gender and also becomes the biggest pervert possible. If that's not true, it means that hentai doujins and tumblr caption porn have lied to me.

>>50238500
I remember that ̶e̶p̶i̶s̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶L̶a̶w̶ ̶&̶ ̶O̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶V̶U̶. He ended up taking his own life. I guess hentai doujins and tumblr caption porn lied to me.

>>50237888
Oh, oh. I thought this was a sample/canon character. What site was this? I can't find the post.
>>
>>50233313
I advise you to give me extra karma.
>>
>>50234714
gunbuster?
>>
File: Mako Trig.jpg (102KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
Mako Trig.jpg
102KB, 600x742px
>>50239092
>What site was this?

It's from a podcast called Friends at the Table. http://friendsatthetable.net/

The pitch for the podcast to bring listeners in: http://friendsatthetable.net/e/an-introduction-to-friends-at-the-table/

Specifically, Aria Joie is a player character from the second season, Counter/Weight. http://friendsatthetable.net/2015/07/

It's also on iTunes. I recommend skipping episode 00, the Counter/Weight worldgen one, just because it's really long and kinda uninteresting, as it's just people throwing around ideas and deciding what the game is like. Also, the second season is better than the first (which is a Dungeon World game in fantasy post-post-apocalypse).

Also, AuDy the parking robot pilot is a great character- the guy who plays it is on point pretty much the whole show.

>>50240367
I haven't seen that one, but not really. It's not a bunch of kids training to fight some big external enemy, it's basically the PCs are interplanetary shadowrunners who have spent all their money and gotten into serious debt so they can have a spaceship and a couple big mechs. Also instead of dragons there are giant robots who embody concepts (like Grace, Loyalty, and Righteousness and Rigour) who control the galaxy through one method or another. No magic, but there are Newtypes.
>>
File: Block The Doors.png (74KB, 264x200px) Image search: [Google]
Block The Doors.png
74KB, 264x200px
>>50237354
What is it with you and this obsession with mafia-induced transsexuality?
>>
>>50230600
Underrated post
>>
>new chummer release
Time to redo all of my custom and override xml files
T-thanks yekka.
>>
File: tumblr_lvqkj9OVN81qz8wrho1_1280.png (158KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvqkj9OVN81qz8wrho1_1280.png
158KB, 643x900px
>>50242975
Can't take credit for it, guy from Reddit shot his load all over the place. Believe me, I'm as astounded as you are. Some of it was already managed in recent nightlies, but the vast bulk of it is his work.
>>
>>50243089
The kid has enthusiasm. Some stuff like the taser concealability thing definitely smell like something he's argued about online at length and dug in his heels about his interpretation, though.
>>
File: enforcer_03.jpg (162KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
enforcer_03.jpg
162KB, 700x933px
>>50243310
Ha! Yeah, we had a bit of a chat about exactly that before he made the pull request. I *think* he's just trying to be considerate of my preferences. My attitude for rules interpretation with Chummer has always been to stick purely to RAW; partially because it gives me a fixes point to stop arguments about interpretation, partially because I can secretly make people annoyed enough to yell at the devs to fix stuff.

I definitely got an impression of weary grognardiness about it though.
>>
>>50217767
Sooo... if I fire at a target at 18 meters using medium spead and short burst on my automatic shotgun while there's strong winds, lightly raining, moonless night. Remember, I have darkvision and a smartgun system implant, and have shot 2 rounds in a row last round, and my RC is -4.

Almost forgot, there's light cover and my opponent is running at a hustle.
>>
File: 1474859310687.jpg (110KB, 900x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1474859310687.jpg
110KB, 900x1250px
>>50243423
>Corrected Electronic Firing modification so that it takes up a Barrel
slot, as per the table on HT p. 183.

Seems we'll have to provide a german override xml again :/

This stuff got changed/fixed to be an internal Mod in the german Version of "Hard Targets".

The guy fixed some good things, but plenty of stuff here is a hard break from the established "raw only" attitude that Chummer had and plain&simple annoying:

>Added a pair of drone arms and drone legs to the Ares Duelyst because it
is an anthropomorphic drone.

>Added a pair of drone arms to the Transys OfficeMaid drone, as per
references in the fluff text on SS p. 180 to "its robotic arms".

>Added a pair of drone arms and drone legs to the Modified Renraku
Manservant-3 and recategorized it as Anthropomorphic, as per the
alternate models of the Aztechnology Criado Juan on R5 p. 145 listing
"Renraku Manservant" and its description as an anthropomorphic drone.

>Added a custom entry to the Dustoff drone for its armored Valkyrie
Module. Game-wise, this should behave like a combination of Rigger
Cocoon and Valkyrie Module, as per BB p. 23.

>Added a pair of drone arms and drone legs to the Caduceus CAD drone and
the Snake Fingers cyberware mod, as per BB p. 23 (Walker mod means it
has two legs). Due to it having a pair of arms and legs, the drone was
recategorized to anthropomorphic.
Yekka, any idea on how to handle this?
I'd honestly prefer not having to fix some shit that isn't RAW in every other release because somebody decided to inject his personal "how something should be" ideas into the datafiles.

Stuff like this should end up in optional datafiles, but not the main ones.
>>
>>50245846
I really don't like treating German content as an errata. They're effectively a completely different set of books.

As far as the limbs go, Rigger 5.0, whoever did the original content for that book must have missed them; page 125 and 145 both call out that anthros and walkers have limbs. It's sort of a meta-standard upgrade.

I'm not the biggest fan of the category changes, but that entire thing is a clusterfuck and specialisations are based off <useskill /> anyway.
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>>50245960
>I really don't like treating German content as an errata. They're effectively a completely different set of books.

Factually wrong, desu.
The german errata is in many cases sent to the guys at CGL first and the existing german and french Erratas are the base for the work of the current errata overhaul team and to be incorporated into the new Erratas (or already have into the provisional ones).

Best practice would probably be to create an entirely different book entry for the Asphaltkrieger (German Rigger5.0), similiar to what had been done with the Street Grimoire.

I suppose the unique IDs of the corresponding entries would have to be different.
Could you tell me a quick way of creating these for the xml files, Yekka?
>>
>>50246053
>Factually wrong, desu.
It's not officially English errata at this point, and there's no guarantee it will come through to English unscathed.
>>
File: Lighthouse.jpg (548KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Lighthouse.jpg
548KB, 1024x768px
>>50246087
>no guarantee

There is no guarantee you'll live till tomorrow either. The chance is still high enough to warrant appropriate actions like brushing your teeth every night and saving up money.

As i recommended above, go with the suggested "Best practice". Then everybody can decide for himself if he wants to stick with RAW or use what will be RAW with a high probability in the future, already today.
>>
File: tumblr_o2fxht7rnI1uk6apho1_500.jpg (121KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2fxht7rnI1uk6apho1_500.jpg
121KB, 500x666px
>>50246053
Well, override XMLs are fairly easy. Make a file called override_[name]_weapons.xml. [name] can be whatever you want. I use individual files for each major purpose, but if you don't really care you can just call it override_weapons.xml. First and most important, open the xml file and make open/close nodes our root node. This will look like <chummer></chummer>.
Since we're making changes to a mod, we also need to make a category for it to go into. In between those tags, insert <mods></mods>.
Next, open up the weapons.xml and look for the electronic firing mod. Copy its whole node from <mod> to </mod>. Next, paste that node inside your override file, inside the <mods> tags.

So you should have a structure that looks like <chummer><mods><mod>[bunch of content]</mod></mods></chummer>.

Since you want to change the mount to internal, change the mount node to <mount /> or <mount></mount>.

In general it's pretty simple to just copy-paste stuff, but you'll have to make sure that you maintain the correct structure. I highly recommend you use a text editor like Notepad++ with the XmlTools plugin, as it allows you to easily manage syntax highlighting and pretty print it so it's not all on one big messy line.
>>
So, uh.
why is it so much harder to get exterior augments than installed ones?
Like, a power rig over the arms and legs, instead of mecha arms and legs.
I like cybernetics a lot, but it is weird to me that the equivalent but in suit form is way more illegal than the installed shit.
>>
>>50246368
Game.
Balance.
Issues.
>>
File: TgSD0Tk.jpg (417KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
TgSD0Tk.jpg
417KB, 1050x700px
>>
File: 1478601230924.jpg (349KB, 1332x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478601230924.jpg
349KB, 1332x900px
>>50233962
your a faggot
>>
>>50246368
It isn't, and if you want to see how that would work, open up a copy of Spy Games!.

The "way more illegal" stuff is milspec tech armour.
>>
>>50240542

Hey image dumping guy, you should post more lolis.
>>
>>50246487
No you're
>>
File: 1476544067853.jpg (108KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
1476544067853.jpg
108KB, 760x572px
>>50247135
incorrect
>>
My dual-wield gunslinger adept lost an arm last fight. What to do now, /srg/? I'm planning to make custom holster for clips or switch to some melee shenenigans via focus weapon.
>>
>>50247320
You pack as much high grade cyber and bioware as you can into 1 point of essence.

While you wait for that arm to grow, get a reloading rail from Hard Targets
>>
>>50247320
Get a vat grown Type0 replacement.
Doesn't even cost you any essence

Or say "Fuckitall" and go Cyber.
You want to be the Adept with the Ares Redline in his Arm of murderfuckstabdeath
>>
File: grizzly_by_crazyasian1-d5i5gn4.jpg (97KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
grizzly_by_crazyasian1-d5i5gn4.jpg
97KB, 1024x670px
Where have the rules for what happens to shapeshifters with cyberware gotten to? I know infected with Regeneration need deltaware to avoid rejection, but I can't find anything about what happens when they shift.
>>
>>50247760
Check the index
>>
>>50247827
Not in there. It'd be a rules thing if anywhere, but based on Runner's Companion it'd have to be a good couple of paragraphs due to magic fuckery.
>>
>>50247839
Huh?
I was just joking because none of the books have a fucking index.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1639x828px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1639x828px
>>50247894
Core book does now!
>>
>>50247760
Shapeshifters are on a strict "Deltaware only" regimen just to get it implanted. After that, it's part of them.

Infected get it a little 'easier' although they face rejection when getting infected, see RF pg. 134-135.
>>
>>50247081
A) I'm not the image dumping guy (could be, but ain't)

B) That picture is of a guy. No lolis for you
>>
File: borbas_by_sharpwriter-d96db0n.jpg (688KB, 1600x2276px) Image search: [Google]
borbas_by_sharpwriter-d96db0n.jpg
688KB, 1600x2276px
>>50247961
In both forms? In 4th you had to get the gear implanted while you were in your animal form and then it poofed away while in your metahuman form.

Mostly I'm asking because I'm not sure if I need to bother with toggling improvements to attributes based on the form you're in. If cyberware can work in one form but not another then it's going to be a small clusterfuck, if it's open slather then I'll have a much easier time of it.
>>
Hey Guys, what would be a probable rank of a "Lone Star" offical with connection rating 8?
>>
>the tallest building in the world currently is just shy of 900m tall and has 164 floors
>the renraku arcology has over 250 floors and it's a fucking wide based pyramid
>it's probably not even in the top ten biggest building in-universe any more

I really struggle to comprehend the scale of arcologies sometimes. Shit's fucking insane.
>>
>>50248272
It's a small city, self-contained.
>>
>>50248238
Given that you need Friends in High Places to get that high, you're probably talking about a police commissioner equivalent.
>>
>>50248238
You know about the bit in police dramas where the obviously guilty perp goes free because the mayor, commissioner, etc, all decided he needed to go free? That's you. You're that asshole.
>>
>>50248039
I'll be honest: no fucking idea.

I would tend to say it affects both shapes (considering they already need to get goddamn deltaware just to get implanted), but I can't find anything written on the whether it affects both forms or not in RF.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>50248317
That works for me

>>50248376
Wow, rude.
I very much prefer "well connected person with societal repressed occupations".
>>
>>50248317
>>50248376
That would be moreso rating 7, which is "Holds a leadership position in a national corporation"
Rating 8 is:
>Well-connected across a multi-state region; an executive in a state government or a national corporation.
So probably the head honcho for Lone Star operations in a tri-state/national level.
>>
>>50248489
Nice, I was looking for that chart but couldn't find it.
In that case he's the asshole in a cop drama who goes free because the feds get involved.
>>
>>50248489
Ah, okay.
I'll go with "Executive" then.
Also had to switch to Knight Errant because LS isn't in charge of Seattle, but that actually works even better.
>>
File: Quicksilver.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Quicksilver.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50248511
>>50248489
>>50248317
>>50248376

Feel free to give me a few pointers on my above mentioned, well connected Person.

Should be a shooty/talky hybrid. Any obvious flaws?
>>
>>50248638
1. Acquire a ballistic mask and modify it with a gas mask, add Voice Modulation to further hide your identity if you want.
2. Acquire a set of street level clothing, like an armored jacket. You don't always want to be dressed up. Matching your surroundings as a face is important.
3. Acquire Holsters and more Smartgun systems.
4. Acquire Smartlink in eyes, maybe drop Targeting Laser (its personal preference if its worth using).
5. Acquire a few burner commlinks.

Besides that, you look pretty much fine.
>>
>>50248039
Hey Yekka, I have an override_weapons.xml file which is causing the Telescoping Staff to not appear in chummer5a. Using the standard weapons.xml file fixes the problem. The statblocks are identical.
I want to build a martial artist ork who fights with a staff
>>
>>50248816
Show me the file?
>>
Can only Qi focuses be made as tattoos? or can I get spell focuses as tattoos?
>>
>>50248838
http://pastebin.com/6Kj1sGVJ
>>
>>50248852
Any Foci* can be made into a tattoo, but I usually see them as Qi Foci.
>>
>>50248852
Qi Foci are the only ones spelled out as being allowed to be body modification; largely a question for your GM beyond that, I'm afraid. No particular reason not to allow it, aside from GM fiat taking your shit away from you.
>>50248896
Well that's interesting. Can't see any particular reason for it not to be working, but why are you overriding the whole weapons file?
>>
>>50248638
I'd maybe swap will and body, or cut a point of strength and body to get will to 5. I'd lower etiquette since the thresholds are usually on the low side, maybe use the points in disguise. I'd start shedding ware until I could manage wired reflexes 2, and swap the laser for a smartlink if there's still room. Otherwise smartlink in a set of contact lenses.
>>
>>50248947
As of Street Grimoire, "qi and other foci" are available as tattoos.
>>
>>50248947
I have a whole slew of minor weapon houserules I use at my table, like little buffs to the damage of shotguns.
>>
>>50248638
If you're going to invest so heavily in agility and initiative to be shooty, you ought to have more than just pistols as your combat skills, pickup some points in automatics and grab a rifle for when you need to kick in doors.
Perception(hearing) is an uncommon choice, but not a bad one
Targetting laser might be worth swapping out for a smartlink later, it's not a huge improvement but if you've got the nuyen go for it.
>>
Hey, how many things are you limited to per initiate grade? It's one item per, right? E.g. In the case of MysAdepts; Grade 1 can have "Art: Invocation" but not also have "Metamagic: Adept Point."
I'm not seeing anything to explicitly state that but chummer is letting me take one from each category and I'm not sure if that's correct.
>>
>>50249397
It should be one or the other, not both. I don't recall specifically how MysAds interact with Magician metamagics, and if they need to take the Magician's Way or not to do so.
>>
What do you guys think of this run idea:
>whistleblower/VIP/traitor/etc betrayed group/company/nation and is currently hiding out at a sympathetic nations embassy, or local extraterritorial corp branch
>PCs get hired to (preferably) capture him, or eliminate him if it is necessary
>Traitor is being moved out of the country via an armed convoy, with a team of shadowrunners running security for him at the embassy and during transit
>PCs either need to sneak/assault a foreign embassy with a team of shadowrunners already set up inside, or engage a moving convoy, making capturing him alive extremely difficult
>>
>>50249397
>>50249416
I believe you can only take one, it would be silly that mysads get double the initiation benefits when they are supposed to be a "Jack of all trades, master of none" magical archetype
>>
>>50249416
That would make sense, yeah.
>>50249451
That's the reason why I thought it was weird. It seemed more believable for a straight magician but a mysad having it felt off.
>>
I think there's a bug in the latest release of Chummer. All qualities cost exactly 0 karma for no reason. Anyone know how to fix this?
>>
File: tumblr_ogljzfmP4k1ve9nvwo1_400.png (196KB, 346x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogljzfmP4k1ve9nvwo1_400.png
196KB, 346x331px
>>50223258

EVEN COSPLAYERS DO A BETTER JOB WITH BATOU

FUCK
>>
>>50248783
Sadly, the Coat is already putting me on the brink of what is usable for +Armor items. Donning a Ballistic Mask would give me penalties.
Thats why i gave him the full face mask, which doesn't offer any protection

>street level clothing
good idea

>Holsters
damn, missed those

>smartguns
Already broke on money, Thats something to tackle later in the game

>burner Comlink
Yeah, thats a VERY good idea. Good thing meta links are so dirt cheap

Dropping Body to three would make me really fragile though :/
WR II costs around 100.000 additional Nuyen, the only way i could aquire this would be to ditch my tailored pheromones and that seems like a really bad trade.

>>50249007
>automatics
Might be something for some of my to be earned Karma, don't see anything where i'd be able to pull the necessary points out.
>>
>>50250908
You would get 2 more armor by wearing the coat alone plus a mask and forearm guards. Plus cheaper, so you could afford a few more goodies. You would lose one extra die though.
>>
Question. Do you think the renault funone has trunk space? It's a two seater, so I'm not sure.
Also, if it did have a trunk, could one fit a flamethrower and a duffel bag full of dynamyte in there?
>>
>>50251010
Would be doable, but the coat also grants those nice social bonuses and it would really be unfitting for a social character.
Oh well, can't be helped. Should be enough for the first runs and 2-3000 Nuyen from those shouldn't set me back to much on my plan on saving for Alphaware Bonelacing.
>>
>>50250908
Take a point from running, take two from impersonation, and one more from swimming.
Running is only used to give you a few extra meters when moving, and you already get 36 meters per combat turn, swimming has never come up in any game I've ever heard of, and you get to use disguise and impersonation together (your hits on the initial disguise test add to any impersonation hits you get later on), which gives you 4 points for automatics, or 3 points and a spec.
>>
>>50222358
Christ, Scarlet Johansson cannot act worth a damn. It might be an okay action movie like the Resident Evil movies, and I suppose that's an upgrade to most standard anime to LA movies. But the acting is just as bad as those trainwrecks, if not worse. And the dialogue sounds like it was written by a teenager.

>>50223759
>Implying the series wasn't dead-on with the Laughing Man incident.

We're going to get our Individual 11 soon.
>>
>>50251172
Running and Swimming are from a single group point :/

the two from impersonation would work, but that'd be only good for one point + specialisation, so 13 Points with the WiFi Laser
Might actually be enough for the occasional use though. I'll give it a thought, thanks for the Input.
>>
>>50251512
13 dice is definitely usable, keep in mind most tables have "around 12-14" for your main thing, in my experience.
>>
>>50251524
True, spending to much time on /srg/ and the offical board have distorted my view in that regard a bit.
Will probably try to grab an AK-97 as long as i don't get a Smartlink.
Decent punch and affordable. I COULD get the M23 before Chargen but that one seems to crappy, with only a single point of AP over the Guardians.
>>
How do I make my pure street sam weaker so other people who decided to do X and Gun not feel outclassed while steel being usefull?
>>
>>50251625
How strong is he?
Try to raise his passive capabilites that people usually won't notice and thus won't feel skillshamed, eg soak.
>>
>>50251625
Talk to your group about it, see if it's actually an issue before you do anything. Maybe talk to your GM about putting less emphasis on combat to help the other people shine in their chosen paths, not everyone has to have combat be a priority for their build.
>>
File: ork.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
ork.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50251647
good shooter with some melee and sneaking
>>50251653
the DM is the one that voiced his concerns. Talked with him but I'm also trying to figure something else just incase.
>>
>>50251625
Are you already in career? If you're already a literal murder machine, branch out. Start developing a web of contacts, or become an infiltrator, or start rigging on the side.
>>
>>50251820
>Automatics 12

Wow, how much Karma do you have under your head?
Besides the ridiculous amounts of Ammo and the 12ish skill, i don't see it as to overpowered, buts difficult to make exact claims without knowing the capabilities of your buddies.
Probably would ditch the cheesy Sleeping Tiger.

Though maybe i'm not the best to ask

t. plays a 30+ Soak Guy with 15 stat Boxes and both Platelete factories and the bioware that does the same for the Stun Track.
>>
new thread pls?
>>
>>50251647
Make him specialize in single shot or automatics. Leave room for another gun player, or melee if they want to go that way. Or just be gun bros.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.