[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 64

File: tumblr_o2d0r5f6SR1r1vvudo2_400.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2d0r5f6SR1r1vvudo2_400.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Voltron Commanders Unite! Edition

Old thread: >>50177677

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
Which of the new four color commanders is best for Voltron?
>>
>>50195334
Everything about Krond is baller, except for the lack of hexproof or shroud
>>
>>50195774
>shroud
Disregard me I suck cocks.
>>
>>50195724
Are you retarded? Partner is an ability like any other, it has its own cost to the card, they are not going to give it for free.
Again, it is like saying that hexproof is a downside, because it you don't consider it, the creature will be weaker than other creatures with the same cmc that don't have it.
Just think about how essential is a commander to the deck, now imagine that you can have 2 of those, this is how impacting Partner is, of course they are going to have a cost on the creature.

>players wants to kill the player that is giving them free draws
Group hug is an actual used strategy in EDH, just because your playgroup murders the first signal of hugging, it doesn't mean everyone else does. And if they do, they would kill you for playing Kami either, so I don't see the difference.
>>
>>50195772
Atraxa?
>>
>>50195334
>going to buy a Grim Monolith, a Mana Crypt, and more today

w-wish me luck
>>
>>50195772
A toss up between ogre, atraxa, and saskia.
>>50195774
Rafiq doesn't have hexproof either but he has access to blue and an exalted double strike.
>>
>>50195824
Hexproof DOES SOMETHING in a vacuum. Hexproof doesn't let you play a second card to make Hexproof work.

Partner, by itself, does -nothing-. Literal actual entire nothing. The only place it 'works' is if you're using the card as a Commander, and using a second Partner to fill in the gaps to make one Commander, power-wise.

As a card in your 99, Partner is 100% downside.
>>
Any suggestions for tuning up the five precon decks while keeping them balanced in casual play?
>>
>>50195900
Anon, your logic is really lacking here. The Partner mechanic itself is only upside. What you mean to say is the design process for partner cards was hindering and they were made intentionally weak.
If they gave Partner to any other existing legends with no other changes, they'd become strictly better.
>>
>>50195965
>Only upside
Disagree. It's "upside" only when they're your Commander. As a single card in your 99, or in a vacuum, it means the card is inherently weaker because it's designed to be half a card, and you don't have the other half.
>>
>>50195900
>judging cards in a vacuum
This is not how you properly judge a card, much less an ability. In a vacuum, hexproof doesn't do anything, since there is nothing for hexproof to stop. hexproof only has value if an opponent is trying to target it, and partner only has value if you have another partner.

>the card is shit because you may not use what it has to offer
It is like saying that Oloro is bad because he wouldn't work well in 99.

Also, if you are going to actually judge it in a vacuum, it is only upside, because if you give it to any other exisitng creature, it only makes it better.
>>
>>50195923
put malignus in saskia
>>
>>50195987
Okay, let me be as crystal fucking clear as I can be.

Partner, as it currently exists, is a downside because all of the cards with Partner are intentionally undertuned to make up for the fact that you get 2. Quite literally, every Partner is half of a card, by design, and therefore inherently weaker than a "normal" Legendary. They are ONLY playable as Commanders, because without their other half, they're fucking awful.

Partner, as a designed mechanic, makes an individual card weaker, because it is intended to only be 'half' of a card.
>>
>>50195923
>Give Yidris more combat related cards (i.e. doublestrike and unblockable) and remove the discard subtheme for more cascade-friendly spells.

>Give Breya more artifact token producers and more big artifacts to recur. Think Thopter Assembly

>Atraxa could use more protection to help the +1/+1 counters you're building up survive longer.

>Saskia loves damage doublers and myriad

>JD and Turk could use the offerings and hunted cards for more interesting politics
>>
File: Ali Baba_4E.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ali Baba_4E.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
Is this card going to be fucking banned under the new administration?
>>
>>50196040
Okay, let me be as crystal fucking clear as I can be.

Any ability, as it currently exists, is a downside because all of the cards with abilities are intentionally undertuned to make up for the fact that you get an ability stapled onto the card itself. Quite literally, every card with an ability is not a full card, by design, and therefore inherently weaker than a "normal" Legendary. They are ONLY playable in situations where they are benifical, because without those abilities, they're fucking awful.

Abilities, as designed mechanics, make individual cards weaker, because they are intended to rely on those abilities to be good.
>>
>>50195334
>two more weeks
Soon.
And that's Thanksgiving weekend, so I'll be in town to pick mine up from my LGS instead of having to drive 20 minutes to another city.
>>
>>50196116
What do you mean "new administration "?
>>
>>50196126
Except those abilities -actually fucking do something- when they're on the card.

Hexproof does not require a second card to function. Double Strike does not require a second card to function. They might get BETTER with those cards, but they actually fucking do something on their own, alone, printed on the card.

More importantly, putting Double Strike or Hexproof onto a card in design does not make them slash the power level IN FUCKING HALF.
>>
>>50196040
>partner is bad because they intentionally makes it bad
>I judge cards in a vacuum, but I arbitrarily take into consideration whatever I want
Tell me exactly what cards makes what Ludevic does, and still do 100% more on top of it.
>>
>>50196150
I'm analyzing it as a single card, not as a partner of two pairs. I'm analyzing it as one of the 99, where Partner is 100% irrelevant. And in the 99, it's a bad Howling Mine.
>>
I can't get myself to do anything with silas, he reminds me too much of martin shkreli and I'd feel bad playing him without a black lotus. help.
>>
>>50196040
>Partner is a downside because it's factored in the cost of the cards

Do you realize how retarded you sound? By that definition EVERY ability is a downside because EVERY ability is factored in the card's cost.
>>
>>50196142
Hexproof requires your opponent to want to target it to funcion, otherwise it is useless.
Double-Striker requires you to attack with the creature to function, otherwise it is useless.
Same with partner.

>it doesn't slash the power level in half
Because hexproof and double strike are not nearly as strong as partner. Take a look at indestructible creatures, their power is slashed in more than half, does it mean that indestructible is a downside?
>>
Yo, instead of arguing over whether or not Partner is a downside or not, let's go with the theme of this thread and post some Voltron decks! Here's mine, used primarily for 1v1, non French. It's win rate in my playgroup is ridiculous.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mgs-kamigawa-crisis/

Come on, let's eek some dickpunchers!
>>
>>50196133
Trump Administration.
This card is his worst nightmare
>Muslim immune to walls
>>
>>50196156
>this ability is a downside because I analyze it when it is useless
Ok, this is bait.
>>
File: yidrisjankwielder.jpg (274KB, 1280x771px) Image search: [Google]
yidrisjankwielder.jpg
274KB, 1280x771px
>>50195334
BEHOLD THE JANK!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/madness-at-the-core-of-alara/
>>
>>50195985
>>50196040
You are so entrenched in your position that you're not allowing yourself to comprehend what we're saying to you.
You're talking about the design process for partner cards, not the actual mechanic as it exist in the rules. We are saying that the mechanic itself is an upside.
>>
>>50195334
Also, I suppose to keep with the thread's theme, here's this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-11-16-jenara-voltron/

>inb4 "It's shit because no Swords of X and Y!"
>>
File: Sad_Robot.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Robot.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>50196157
Why did they give him that smug face? It looks as bad as the cards they designed after real people. Like potato-face solemn.
>>
>>50196375

I mean he is a smug little shit so its in character
>>
>>50196375
He knew how omnipresent he would be once Commander took off.
>>
what's some devious group hug tech? i just saw gate to the aether recommended for sakashima.
>>
>>50196346
Deck seems pretty good but why not just have Rafiq as your Commander? He'd do a better job than one of the 99.
>>
>>50196421
You're probably right, but I dunno. I guess I just like Jenara at the helm more than I do Rafiq. Maybe it's the Daily Regimen effect she comes with.
>>
>>50196040
>They are ONLY playable as Commanders, because without their other half, they're fucking awful.

Wow, you're amazingly wrong, my guy. Most of them are perfectly acceptable contenders in 99s rather than good commanders

Ikra is basically custom made for Dorian and isn't bad in other places. Same goes for Sidar,

Reyhan is bonkers in any given +1/+1 counters deck that can fit him. Honestly, if you don't see this I don't know what to tell you.

Ishai is pretty lousy as a commander, but is just fine in Kangee.

Silas basically says "Lose a creature or I get an artifact back. Half of esper says hello.

Vial Smasher is general enough to be considered in any deck she fits in, but probably not good enough to make the cut.

Ravos is an anthem with a good effect attached and is an evasive creature to boot.

Tymna gives you cards for life. I don't know what needs to be said.

Kraum is basically a dragon in a tribe with better support.

Ludevic... well, I'm not sure. I really hate the card so I haven't given it much thought.

Both Boros partners are dull as hell, and not even very well designed. Nothing new there, sadly.

Kydele gives you mana for drawing cards. In UG. Again, if I have to explain this one, there are bigger problems.

Finally, Thrasios. I don't know, 4 seems like a lot for that effect, but people seem to like him so I'll defer to the mob on this one.

Tana is the only one that really seems like she would be a better commander, and only because I kinda want to try building around her and Ravos to make a deck of nothing but tokens and anthems.
>>
>>50196395
It depends on your playgroup, but I'm loving the offerings and hunted cards. Being able to bribe people with tokens is great and just keep some bounce or flicker effects ready if they turn on you.
>>
>>50196375
>as bad as the cards they designed after real people

That's because it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jens_Thor%C3%A9n
>>
>>50196461
>Perfectly acceptable contenders in 99s
The people who *fucking designed them* said that they're half a card and complaining about them being underpowered is like treating a Command spell as if it only had one mode.

The people who MADE THE CARDS said they're parts of a whole, not intended to be playable on their own.
>>
File: isamaru.jpg (121KB, 391x550px) Image search: [Google]
isamaru.jpg
121KB, 391x550px
>>50195334
Most satisfying Voltron Commander reporting in!
>>
File: CommanDoge.jpg (125KB, 800x606px) Image search: [Google]
CommanDoge.jpg
125KB, 800x606px
>>50196555
I tried running him once. Didn't like how restrictive Mono-White felt, but maybe I made the deck all wrong. At any rate, I can respect anybody who runs the CommanDoge. It's not an easy path.
>>
File: Magic threads on tg.jpg (35KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
Magic threads on tg.jpg
35KB, 308x400px
>>50196550
>Relying on what the design team says rather than assessing the cards based on their merits.
>>
>>50196587
>Some random fucker on the internet who thinks a flying 4 mana Taurean Mauler is a "good card" knows more about power levels than the people who make cards for a living
OK
>>
>>50196597
To be fair, those people who make cards for a living fuck up pretty often. They're not the end-all-be-all on evaluating cards and balance.
>>
>>50196586
It is not an easy path, but I run him in 1v1 which is easier. Wins about 75-80% of games against random opponents.
>>
File: 1473313539320.png (177KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
1473313539320.png
177KB, 540x721px
>>50196597
Let's take a look at the instant replay, shall we?

>Ishai is pretty lousy as a commander, but is just fine in Kangee.

Lemme see if I can spell that out for you. Lousy means bad. Kangee is a bird tribal commander. Everything else is a product of your autism addled mind.
>>
>>50196625
Right, and I could have worded it better than that; it came across as Appeal to Authority, and that was a mistake.

My point is, while they aren't infallible, when it comes to the opinion of someone who does something for a living, vs some random asshole on the internet, who do I trust to know what they're doing?
>>
>>50196634
>Is lousy, but
That means it's not good. Very few of the Partners are playble as one of the 99, because the vast majority of them do something you can already do better with existing cards that don't have "I am half a card: The Mechanic" bogging them down.
>>
File: Hava Nagila.gif (945KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
Hava Nagila.gif
945KB, 500x354px
>>50196597
>The design team knows all

Welcome back
>>
>>50196375
I love Silas' smug face, it fits the card so damn well.

>Oh no blocks? Guess I can cast this artifact again. ;)
>>
>>50196660
>A random armchair quarterback on the internet knows all
Welcome back
>>
File: 1471464511550.jpg (56KB, 356x374px) Image search: [Google]
1471464511550.jpg
56KB, 356x374px
>>50196652
So I guess Taurean Mauler is half a card? Oh yeah, and that card that's an anthem, a creature, enables recursion and also does three other things.

Shit Reyhan is so good, I can't even bring myself to be sarcastic about it. You're dumb as fuck, man.
>>
>>50196703
No, Taurean Mauler isn't half a card because it's not a fucking 1/1 for 4 mana in 2 colors.
>>
>>50196709
Ok. We get it. You don't like Ishai. A card that everyone agree's is pretty bad I'm only arguing works alright in a niche deck.

Would you like to comment on any of the other ones or did you just fill up on all that low-hanging fruit?
>>
>>50195900
Reyhan is straight up good in Skellbriat or any other BGx deck that might have +1/+1 counters matter. Sidar gives all your tokens evasion. Vial Smasher gives the first spell you cast every single turn more value, even if it is random. I could keep going, but honestly I don't see why I'd have to. Is every partner good on its own? No, but the same could be asked of any card.
>>
>>50196764
Sure.

Silas sucks. He's small, has no evasion, and can bring back one card per turn -if- he connects. There's better ways to set up recursion engines in black, and even more ways in U/B since it's artifacts, specifically. He's like an even narrower Karador.

Vial Smasher sucks. Burn is awful in EDH to start with, and making it so the burn can't be removal and is RANDOM means it's basically useless. Kaervek is a better Vial Smasher and he's still shitty.

Tana I actually don't hate. I feel like she could've been a 3/3, but whatever.

Sidar is weird because his ability clearly wants you to go wide with small dudes, but punishes you for playing anthem effects.

Bruse Tarl is a worse version of True Conviction.
>>
>>50196781
Reyhan in Varolz can replace the enchantment that does the same thing for 6 or 7 mana. Being a 0/0 for scavange for Varolz kinda sucks but everything else about her is awesome.
>>
>>50196806
>Replace
Not really. Reyhan only transfers over +1/+1 counters. Death's Presence gives you counters equal to the dead thing's total power. That's a marked difference.
>>
File: 1478885100767 (1).jpg (273KB, 877x810px) Image search: [Google]
1478885100767 (1).jpg
273KB, 877x810px
>tfw my playgroup says infect should be set at 21
>try to explain that infect is balanced around reaching 10, not half your life total
>they dont listen and say it's more fair this way
>mfw I'm the only one who plays infect
>>
>>50196798
>Silas
I don't know how a 2/2 with Deathtouch and an effect for 3 in relevant colors sucks. Are there better ways to recur artifacts? Sure, but that's not his function. He creates pressure. an opponent either looses a creature or takes damage and lets you get something back. Then, if he's killed, you use one of your recursion engines to get him back, made easier due to him being an artifact and a creature.

>Vial Smasher
Honestly, I'm inclined to agree. I might not be looking at it from the right angle, but I can't really see using it.

>Tana
Again, something we agree on. I think the point is to make her bigger, though, as she's reasonably priced.

>Sidar
Anthems aren't the only way to win by going wide. Just take out the anthems for more token generation. Wide is wide.

>Bruse
Again, we agree. Both Boros commanders are awful. They're not even saved by being allies because they don't have any relevant effects.
>>
>>50196929
>playing infect
you're a faggot
>>
>>50196932
Because a 2/2 with deathtouch for 3 is irrelevant in Commander. You wanna create pressure? There's better evasive Commanders for that. You want to recur things? There's better options for that.

Doing two things badly is not value. Would you sing the praises of a machine that can ALMOST make toast and MOSTLY wash dishes?
>>
>>50196929
They're correct, though.
>>
>>50196929
Try pointing out to them that there are, at most, 3 Infect creatures that actually approach the "playable" threshold in Commander, and one of them is a fucking Legendary.
>>
>>50196949
It's one blighted agent in newzuri. It's one win condition. I guess i dont understand the appeal of a 2 hour game.

But you are right
>>
>>50196950
>There's better evasive Commanders for that.
Only gonna say this one more time, my dude. I don't like most of them as commanders. I'm talking about the 99.

>Would you sing the praises of a machine that can ALMOST make toast and MOSTLY wash dishes?

Now who's the armchair quarterback? By this point in the conversation you've shown that you're only capable of judging cards in a vacuum, completely ignoring the psychological side of the game.
>>
>>50196843
-4 mana for a stipulation you are already going to be actively trying to do though. Yeah it only triggers when things are going in your favor, but you should actively be trying to move in that direction when deckbuilding and playing.
>>
>>50197010
>complaining about a single infect creature
I thought your deck was based around infect somehow. Sorry, cutie
>>
File: 47.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
Yey or Nay?
>>
>>50197010
>He doesn't just play a singleton infect creature to snipe games, he plays the unblockable one

Turbofaggot status achieved.
>>
>>50197038
>tfw playing tainted strike in Saskia and btfo'ing two players at once
God damn it feels good to be a gangster.
>>
>>50197070
youre a bad man
>>
File: 1471812137737.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1471812137737.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>50197038
Man, if only there was some way to deal with creatures. WotC should really start making cards like that. Maybe even in every color.

I guess until that day comes, decks that turn creatures sideways will continue to dominate both the format and the game in general.
>>
>>50197038
He's playing a 1/1 with no protection, his opponents deserve it.
>>
>>50196461
Everyone shits on Ludevic and they're right because he really isn't that great, but the way i like to think of him is as a worse Edric in different colors. they're both commanders who give everyone a benefit as long as they don't hit you.
>>
>>50197095
Yeah then the playerbase have to start working on the arduous task of finding a way to recur creatures infinitely. Good thing wotc has estimated it would take another 15 years before the masses even grasp the smallest sliver of how its done.
>>
File: Least.png (8KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
Least.png
8KB, 257x196px
>>50196175
>>
>Zedruu and ghave get a reprint
>animar, kaalia and mimeoplasm do not

Why? Too expensive or..?
>>
>>50197186
The true cop out is no Riku reprint. Or PLC dragons, Intet should be on the Yidris deck at least.
>>
>>50197186
Well, Kaalia is getting a reprint in the Commander Anthology. I'd put money on the other two being in Eternal Masters 2: The Quest for More Money.
>>
>>50197220
>eternal masters 2

Please no.

But I'm looking forward to kaalia being a bit less expensive, because I'd love to have one for collector purposes.
>>
>>50197186
Zedruu and Ghave fit perfectly with their decks. The others would have been out of place, though welcome.
>>
>>50197037
Makes a pretty fun infect commander. Blight mamba mvp of deck
>>
>>50197409
But anon how do you get them to 21 infect so quickly? Most of the pumps are so small that it must take a while!
>>
I've got about $100 to get some of the pricier blue control staples, what should I get?
>>
>>50196959
>3 creatures
>not 3 cards total
>>
>>50197437
I know you're trolling me but with enough pumps its not impossible i can do 21 counters. Shit like Phyrexian Hydra becomes a lot more playable when it can't be blocked. Fortunately though my group aren't bitches and take their 10 poison like men.
>>
File: demon marked.jpg (591KB, 1240x1634px) Image search: [Google]
demon marked.jpg
591KB, 1240x1634px
>>50195334
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vial-smasher-the-gay/
Feed back please.
Goal:
>play cheap/free spells to get damage out of Vial Smasher

Also yes I know I should run Force of Will but I can't afford that.
>>
>>50197037
Yey, only if creatureless Voltron. Everyone and their mother's does snake tribal and it fucking SUCKS. Take a look at my deck and learn.

>>50196192
>>
File: rw8ueerpzjwx.png (361KB, 583x744px) Image search: [Google]
rw8ueerpzjwx.png
361KB, 583x744px
>>50195334
I got the Meren black/green deck but I don't think it's just quite there out of the box.

What are some good, cheap replacements I can make to make it more consistent with it's strategy?
>>
File: 15.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Does anyone have any experience with Pyhrexian Rebirth in EDH? Does the horror just always get fucked over immediatly or have you got to beat the shit out of people with it reliably?
>>
Atraxa stax friends? How much would people hate me? Basically Atraxa superfriends + smokestack, tangle wire and other shit.
>>
File: 1478702192051.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478702192051.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>50196672
>>50196597
By your logic, why should i listen to you, a random faggot on the internet?
>>
>>50197681
I have it in my rhys deck and someone stormherded for like 90 horses off my prinal vigor so I got 2 93/93 s that didnt get removed immediately...but usually its just a wupe yhat gets swords'd immediately
>>
>>50197681
it's usually never big enough to be worth it. go with something like divine reckoning instead
>>
>>50197474
>I've got about $100 to get some of the pricier blue control staples, what should I get?

one played italian mana drain
>>
>>50197474
Pact of Negation
Reset
Commandeer
>>
>>50197758
Yeah thats what I am afraid of. I guess though that could be a good way to draw out removal so you could play something better next round.
>>
File: self mill .jpg (464KB, 1872x444px) Image search: [Google]
self mill .jpg
464KB, 1872x444px
How many self mill spells should I run in a Meren deck to dump my fatties? I run all on here except gather the pack because I feel it hitting less targets makes it suboptimal and plan on adding in commune with the gods because I do run a pretty decent amount of enchantments.

What's a good number of fatties in a reanimator deck as well? Trying to squeeze in Avenger of Zendikar but don't want to ditch Scourge of Nel Toth because flavor reasons.
>>
So,I'm kinda bored of playing my commande r deck,so I'm looking for new ideas.I was thinking either one of the 2016 ones,or a three color one,but I,m not too sure.Anyone have any fun but strong commanders I can build with a medium budget,I already have most white,black and blue staples?Ideally it doesn't have red,but I'm not too picky
>>
>>50197661
Meren is pretty shit out of the box. Add things that sac themselves like spore frog, flesh bag marader, merciless executioner, and that catapiler thing that kill enchantments. There is also that one black ceautre fro kaladesh that makes the oppenent lose life equal to her power when you sack.

Basically take out most of the high drops and replace with low drop sac creature and add more board wipes
>>
>>50198153
What high cost mana ones are not worth running?
>>
>>50198171
I cant remember his name but that one flying demon thats like 7cmc and the flying incrct zambie were my first cuts
>>
>>50197681
I saw one once in an 8 player clusterfuck. Between that and the Elfball player the horror came down as a 69/69. The player then played Trostani and started populating the thing.

Fortunately he didn't get a chance to do that much before a Stormtide Leviathan came down.
>>
File: 1477853704799.jpg (81KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1477853704799.jpg
81KB, 640x1136px
Which Commander 2016 deck is the best out of the box? I think Yidris
>>
>>50198205
Toss up between him and alex
>>
>>50198171
Verdant Force
Caller of the Pack
Vinecrasher
Zombie Dragon I actually really like it but it's one of the easier ones to cut for something like sheodred or Avenger of Zendikar
Banshees
Plant Zombie
Unearth Demon guy
Champion of Stray Souls
Eater or Hope
Great Oak Guardian
There's a lot. The deck is built to fight the other decks out of the box but when you want to tune the deck you want to rush out Meren asap to rack up EXP counters. Once you hit counters equal to the cap of your curve you should be good.
>>
>>50198191
So the idea is get cheap self sac creatures and just keep respawning them?

Does this run up the cost of the deck dollar wise?
>>
>>50198242
That and Meren can act as a toolbox bringing back what you need. Reanimating cheap dudes is good. Usually you want cheap dudes that can kill themselves or other guys so you get counters and eventually you can just start reanimating huge costing fuckers like Sheoldred, Grave Titan, Dragon, Avenger, Butcher of Malakir, Really angry elephants, some dumb giant eldrazi thing.

Also eldrazi spawn/scions are really good fits for the deck.
>>
>>50198136
I guess it all depends on how much reanimation you have in your deck. Remember that you have to fill your grave in order to reanimation be useful, so you should have at least as much grave fillers as reanimations.

I personally like Jarad's Orders, and Deadbridge Chant is especially good if you have mostly fatties and some kind of control over your grave.
>>
Keranos or Jori-En? How do you even win in Izzet?
>>
File: FutureFusion-DP04-EN-C-1E.jpg (96KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
FutureFusion-DP04-EN-C-1E.jpg
96KB, 400x580px
>>50198338
already run Jarad's Orders and Buried Alive. They're great and remind me back of my yugioh days playing this busted shit in dragon decks.

I feel mixed about Deadbridge Chant. I don't like the random aspect of it. I also don't really like the mana cost. I guess there's some synergy with Commune with the Gods and Deadbridge chant if I really want to dump but at least with a lot of the smaller grave filers they have the chance to replace themselves in your hand. I'll have to play with Deadbridge again sometime to see if I change my mind.

I kind of feel my reanimation is much lesser than grave fillers. I only really run Meren, Scourge of Nel Toth, Victimize, Animate Dead, Life/Death, mostly for just Death but Life has the potential to close games with Avenger and a Overrun effect, Nim Deathmantle works to an extent.
>>
>>50198391
Keranos. Win by combo of your choice or play stax and just slowly burn everyone to death.
>>
>>50196197

Thats a Sihk.
>>
>>50198558
Yeah, sihk in the head.
>>
>>50198607
Sihk burn m8
>>
Looking to build Yidris when he comes out, what direction should I take it /EDHG/? I currently play helmsmasher and reaper king.
>>
>>50197758
In that scenario specifically I geel like if it gets swords to plowshared it was still a good investment. You paid six to destroy all creatures and gain a ton of life.
>>
File: mexican tricks you with h(...).jpg (4KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
mexican tricks you with h(...).jpg
4KB, 125x100px
>>
>>50198995
Fuck off Julio
>>
>>50195774
>>50195788
LOL nice one
>>
>>50199102

Sorry, it's just boring on my side of the wall. Send Commander precons please, the Cartel beheaded my last deck.
>>
>>50198136
>>50198338
Also buried alive.
I would consider running a couple dudes that get you lands to ramp and get early experience counters. Sakura tribe elder and Yavimaya elder come to mind. I would consider running gravepact effects as well as it lets you clean up the board.
>>
File: odric-lunarch-marshal-48145.jpg (141KB, 675x976px) Image search: [Google]
odric-lunarch-marshal-48145.jpg
141KB, 675x976px
Is he a viable commander, /tg/? Are there enough white/colorless spells with indestructible to set it up quickly?
>>
retoasting
>>50191348
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-jamal-great-again/
Haven't quite cut down to 99+1 cards but something along these lines.
This is a fairly expensive version but a lot of it can be cut/changed. The cards that I think are essential however are:
Lord of Extinction
Pod
all the guys that sac themselves for value
Creeping Corrosion
Necro/Arena/(Tutelage (?))
Survival of the Fittest
Dosan
Witness
Jarad's Orders
Greaves/Boots/Cloak/Passage
There's a lot you can do with Jarad. He isn't really a build-around-me commander like some other commanders, and is instead a beatdown machine with one-shot potential from multiple fronts (commander, infect, flinging something big).
Something you might do often is tutor Varolz+shadow/dreadnought for quick kills. Sheoldred and Vorinclex also run away with the game.
There's not much graveyard recursion because, as I said, relying on it will get you blown out by RiP and other good cards. Dredge will often cost you a draw as well as maybe 1-2 vital cards.
Deadbridge chant is mostly a casul card, I've never gotten that much value off it.
If I were to cut cards I would probably start with 1-2 mana dorks if you play 4p ffa, as they die to a stiff breeze.
If you have more questions fire away.
One of my favourite kills was Varolzing counters onto Hydra Omnivore, giving it infect and one shotting the table
>>
>>50199556
Depends on your playgroup but I find that he can more often than not put up a reasonable fight as long as you have a healthy selection of hatebears to stop combos
>>
>>50196015
>>50196065

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just picked up the Breya after work today: family had been hounding me for birthday gifts so I pointed to the rest of the sets for easy ideas. So far planning on putting in a Hangarback and a Thopter Spy Network in this one.

Planning on using these in five player matches with friends so I need to be careful in not overtuning any of them compared to some of my other Commander decks.
>>
>>50199556
White Creatures are shit for getting indestructible out quickly, instead go for some Artifact creatures like Creepy Doll, Darksteel Myr, Darksteel Juggernaut, Darksteel Sentinel (for Vigilance as well), and Stuffy Doll.

That being said, I get a LOT more use out of him in my Iroas deck. Upgrades "can't be damaged' into "can't be damaged or destroyed".
>>
I wanna make my Atraxa deck into an infect one, but I'm shite at building. Any recommended cards beyond the standard infect creatures and Inexorable tide?
>>
>>50199932
all the infect enchantments and the infect artifact.
>>
>>50199932
Viral Drake is a big one. Steady Progress, Fuel for the Cause, Pistus Strike, and Spread the Sickness might be good enough. Build it and play around a bit.
>>
File: 1478842801748.jpg (55KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1478842801748.jpg
55KB, 396x385px
I'm finally done fixing all the mana for Breya, unsure if I have the land total too high or low though. 35 land, 6 rocks.
>>
>>50200096
36 or 38 should be minimum amount of land.
>>
>>50200096
Probably a little bit low, but workable if your curve is low too. I'd personally run 36 lands and 8 rocks at the least. It's important you get the lands to cast the rocks in the first place, but some groups have very lenient mulligan rules so it doesn't matter. I think a larger mana base is slightly more important in 4-color decks too.

I usually want at least 3 mana sources in my starting hand unless it's really clutch, and I'm not sure 35 will cut it.
>>
>>50199572
Cut Varolz and his two fuccbois, Dark Confidant/Tutelage, Krosan Grip, Grim Flayer, Explosive Veg, and Whispersilk. Corrosion should be Bane of Progress. You should probably have a few actual dredge cards and more ways to pull things out of your yard like Soul of Innistrad and Meren.
>>
Please Rate my Horde of Notions deck.

All advice is welcome!

1 Horde of Notions
1 Vivid Crag
1 Vivid Creek
1 Vivid Grove
1 Vivid Marsh
1 Vivid Meadow
1 Panharmonicon
1 Mulldrifter
1 Omnath, Locus of Rage
1 Shriekmaw
1 Smokebraider
1 Incandescent Soulstoke
1 Flamekin Harbinger
1 Primal Beyond
1 Soul of the Harvest
1 Maelstrom Wanderer
1 Greenwarden of Murasa
1 Torrent Elemental
1 Ingot Chewer
1 Selvala's Stampede
1 Wispmare
1 Mirari's Wake
1 Maelstrom Nexus
1 Farseek
1 Brighthearth Banneret
1 Flickerwisp
1 Slithermuse
1 Spitebellows
1 Forgotten Ancient
1 Rubblehulk
1 Dread
1 Malignus
1 Vigor
1 Thicket Elemental
1 Aethersnipe
1 Nevermaker
1 Gaea's Revenge
1 Fusion Elemental
1 Liege of the Tangle
1 Whisperwood Elemental
1 Wolf of Devil's Breach
1 Woodland Wanderer
1 Lord of Extinction
1 Cloudthresher
1 Faultgrinder
1 Anguished Unmaking
1 Putrefy
1 Utter End
1 Mortify
1 Bring to Light
1 Conflux
1 Rampant Growth
1 Urban Evolution
1 Diabolic Tutor
1 Jarad's Orders
1 Animist's Awakening
1 Rite of Replication
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Sol Ring
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Door of Destinies
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Birthing Pod
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Cauldron of Souls
1 Zendikar Resurgent
1 Temur Ascendancy
1 Exploration
1 Command Tower
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Flamekin Village
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Tropical Island
1 Savannah
1 Volcanic Island
1 Underground Sea
1 Taiga
1 Plateau
1 Tundra
1 Scrubland
1 Bayou
1 Badlands
1 Jungle Shrine
1 Urza's Incubator
1 Living Hive
2 Island
4 Forest
1 Swamp
3 Mountain
1 Frontier Bivouac
1 Opulent Palace
1 Savage Lands
1 Reveillark
1 Sandsteppe Citadel
>>
File: 169.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>50195334
>Voltron Commanders Unite!
COMING THROUGH MOTHERFUCKER
>>
Alright laddies I bought the Entropic Uprising deck

What should I sub in/sub out immediately?

>>50200250
>All advice is welcome!
Use fucking tappedout, I'm not reading your list without it
>>
>>50200236
This is hilarious because last thread we were talking and anon mentioned that he prefers not to rely on his yard to heavily in case of yard hate
>>
File: 144.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
144.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>50200258
Hey bitch, where's my basilisk collar?
>>
>>50199556
I like him more in the 99. Queen Marchesa provides several tasty keywords for him.

>>50198624
I like him as a fair deck, possibly with a couple combos, or Voltron.

>>50198425
Life from the Loam and Golgari Grave Troll are both options. Loam doubles as a value engine with cycling and fetch lands.
>>
>>50200250
>>50200277
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-11-16-Epj-horde-of-notions-edh/
>>
>>50197661
Diligent Farmhand is a good one because it also ramps you into turn 3 Meren. Evolutionary Leap, Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, and Culling Dais are also good ways to turn your value engine on.

>>50197681
There are better board wipes out there. Martial Coup has a similar effect that I like better because an army of 1/1s is easier to get kills/value with then a big dumb dude.
>>
>>50200281
B/G is not the deck for him then. Not wanting to rely on your graveyard in those colors is like playing Voltron but not wanting to rely on your commander.
>>
>>50200419
>Dredging in non-tasigur
>Cutting Bob/Bob enchantment
>cutting K-Grip of all things
>Bane of Progress which destroys all the enchantments in the deck
c'mon. I do agree on Explosive Vegetation though, I just tokenly threw that in the list.
>>
>>50200286
Is he the only good burn commander aside from Purphoros?
>>
File: 1441768980293.png (312KB, 4500x4326px) Image search: [Google]
1441768980293.png
312KB, 4500x4326px
>tfw Local card shop owner puts an Atraxa deck aside for me because I'm the only one of his Patrons he can talk sports with

feels good
>>
>>50200559
>Dredging in non-tasigur
Why would you not? Like b/g decks the best value plays all involve the graveyard

>Cutting Bob/Bob enchantment
High mana curve/little topdeck manipulation. Too great a chance of killing yourself with a 6+ card

>cutting K-Grip of all things
One for one removal is bad. Sensei's top is the only real reason to run this and other options like Revoker and Pithing Needle are better in general.

>Bane of Progress which destroys all the enchantments in the deck
Yes, that's how sweepers work. It also destroys Rest in Peace/Leyline of the Void, which this guy was apparently shitting his pants over in the last thread, and is easier to reuse than a sorcery sweeper.
>>
>>50200745
>like all b/g decks
Measure twice, cut once, etc.
>>
File: 149.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
149.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50200676
>Is he the only good burn commander aside from Purphoros?
Nope!
>>
Guys, what are your thoughts on the new commander decks? Are they worth the price?

Never played EDH and was thinking of buying one of them to try it out.
>>
>>50200836
Yeah they're alright

I think you're supposed to steer clear of the non-blue one though
>>
>>50200676
What do you mean by burn commander? Monored and does the burn itself? RG Wort is pretty fun with big burn spellslinging.
>>
>>50200828
Interstading, I will look into her more.

it is a her, is it
>>
>>50195334
This is mine: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kid-icarus/
It used Kytheon/Gideon. Built it out of Nahiri2014 as my first deck but now im looking to make something more competitive.

Now I want to build Depala. What tech should i add besides all the dwarfs and vehicles before Aether Revolt?
>>
>>50200745
My point is that you shouldnt rely on graveyard. Once you've skipped a bunch of draws because of dredge you straight up lose when your graveyard gets removed.
>>
>>50200865
Burn in general, killing things with damage and spellslinging, or by itself, what red does best.

Im guessing Wort is better than Ashling since green gives you more options and ramp?
>>
>>50200895
Yeah, green covers up for most of red's shortcomings, which is ramp and card advantage. Wort helps with both, being able to copy ramp and card draw like Harmonize or Shamanic Revelation, and ramp and conspire make it much easier to finish with big X burn spells or stuff like Burn at the Stake.
>>
>>50200860
The one with Saskia as a commander?
Is it bad?
>>
>>50200250
kill yourself my man
>>
>>50200836
The fact that they come with pain/check lands adds a ton of real value, even if their tcgvalue isn't amazing. Those lands are good enough to stay in your deck for a long time and some are actually going to tick up significantly in the coming years.

>>50200878
You realize you get the dredge card back right? So you dredge Life from the Loam, then cast it and fish fetch/cycle lands back into your hand for a net gain of up to two cards in hand.

>you straight up lose when your graveyard gets removed.
That's not my experience with b/g at all, and I play right into that boogeyman. As long as you have redundancy and a decent removal sweet you can win with half your deck in exile.
>>
>>50200960
it's secretly good but no one wants to play it and see for themselves
>>
>>50201053
I'd prefer to play around it
Same reason why I have a shitton of mana rocks in Daretti, because often I have to pay for it
Also Dredging is really slow without a combo, sure you're getting stuff back but it's often not very good. Sure you're getting some lands back, but what are you going to do with those? If I want to play a grind game I'd play something else.
>>
Guys, help me. I can't decide between Yidris or Saskia.
>>
>>50196461
Nigga, if you don't see Akiri, Spoder-Girl for the Voltron goddess she is, you must be pants on head retarded.
>>
>>50201202
saskia is less awful
>>
File: 1477368812837.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477368812837.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
How many fetches should the 4 colour commanders run? I have two for Yidris beside evolving wilds and terramorphic expanse but they only cover 3/4 colours. I can access all four colours with the tango and shock but it looks off putting seeing a lack of green fetch.
>>
>>50200877
I built her. I threw in changlings. Yeah it feels like a cheap/easy/lame way to build tribal, but they synergize surprisingly well. They get +2/+2 from depala AND can be used with her activated ability.

Dwarven Blastminer is cute in edh, with land blasting on a stick, plus when i play her, i end up hell bent a bit, so using either this ability or depala's let's you do something with your mana.

Every boros mana rock needs to be run.

Captain's Maneuver for style points is always good.

Seer's Lantern is surprisingly nice. Scrying so you know if you got a dwarf or vehicle up next so you only have to pay one, plus have mana to play is a god send. Plus it's a mana rock.

Out of all the metal craft shit, Only Dispense Justice and Jor Kadeen is what I run.

Duergar Mine-Captain and Glory of Warfare are nice for crewing.

Apostle's Blessing is an under rated card as well.
>>
>>50201214
Would you care to elaborate?
I'm this anon >>50200836 and Yidris seems really good for me. Yidris and Atraxa.
>>
for a newbie could someone please define Vorthos, Voltron, and a cube?
>>
File: 1478763076774.jpg (80KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1478763076774.jpg
80KB, 320x320px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breyas-museum/

Despite my group thinking Breya is a terrible card mainly because they're fags I built breya as best I could with my limited choices. Anything else I should throw in or take out?
>>
>>50201312
Deadeye/Venser since you're going to have a lot of etb effects
>>
>>50201312
sword of the meek for ez combo
>>
>>50201302
Sorta unrelated erms, but I can lay them out for you I suppose.

A Vorthos is a player type like Johnny, Timmy and Spike. A Vorthos player is one who loves the flavour of a card. He appreciates when the mechanics of a card mesh with the lore it represents. He is the type to build theme decks or put Savage Punch in a Surrak Dragonclaw deck because his face is on it.

Voltron is a deck type, referencing a show of the same name where robots assemble into an ultimate machine. Similar to this idea, a Voltron deck wants to put all its chips down on a single creature, which the deck protects and beefs up, using it to deliver the killing blow. This term is also used for a Modern deck, which doesnt seem to use the same principle, though I dont know that one well enough to explain it.

A cube is a format similar to draft, except the player draft from a pool of a preassembled cards called a cube. Cubes can be constructed in any way a player chooses, but typically they include one of each card pulled from any number of sets.

Just use Google next time though, man.
>>
>>50201302
Vorthos is people who care about the story behind the cards.
Voltron is a term for combining power onto one creature. Reference to the old cartoon where robots form up together. Usually played with either equipment or auras.
A cube is a homemade selection of cards roughly the size of a full block. Often used for drafting over and over again.
>>
>>50201461
Modern Tron is Urzatron, a deck with all the Urza lands that just shits out huge Eldrazi
>>
>>50201253
How many fetches do you have? If you've got all of them run all of them, if you don't have all of them then I'd think you'd be OK with just the allied ones.
>>
>>50200277
Help a nigga out with Yidris
>>
>>50201253
Ideally all
>>
>>50200869
yeah
>>
>>50201275
You're doing god's work anon.

What kind of vehicle do you want to see from the next set?
>>
>Picked up a precon today, thought my (office) group was interested in doing a precon battle before taking stuff apart.
>No interest, everyone just went home

My group has been dead for about 2 months now. Ever since that one guy started running an oppressive Derevi deck, everyone got frustrated and unhappy. Even the Derevi guy doesn't want to play because he just won the same way everytime. Now I'm sitting wondering if I should just sell off my collection...
>>
>>50201731
Sell your collection then buy as many modern junds as you can.
>>
>>50201665
Something I want to see for a vehicle support card is like an "Emergency Brake" card, that makes a vehicle lose it's creature type, to fuck with kill spells/bad blocks/etc. It sounds like it's more blue than white, but I'm hoping.

I'd like an Unblockable Vehicle, some "Back alley dragster" or some shit.

I'd also KILL if they made a card called "And they're off" that let all creatures who crewed an vehicles untap. There is a second combat phase, and those creatures can attack for like RW2. Good, not broken, plus it'd be cute with Start Your Engines.

Other artifact support would be "Aether Ramp" Target vehicle is crewed and has flying until end of turn. Shit would be lit. How about you?
>>
>>50201731
Sounds like the natural conclusion to all groups with That Guy with the Derevi deck. Just check out your LGS for a new group man, it's worth a try over having nothing.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/follow-the-yellow-brick-road/

About to order this bad mother, any tips or cards I'm missing?
>>
>>50201829
>Desert Twister or Savage Twister for the tornado
>Gallows at Willow Hill for the hanged person theory
>Blood Moon/Imprisoned in the Moon for the Dark Side of the Moon urban legend
>Some sort of Kithkin for the Lolipop Guild?
>>
>>50201829
>Storm Crow or other bird for birds that attacked Scarecrow
>Some sort of tap effect to represent the rust for Tin Man
>Fleecemane Lion is a way better Cowardly Lion. Activate monstrous when he finds his courage.
>Oaken Brawler for those apple throwing fucks
>no Sleep spell for the damn poppy field?
>Nigga, why the fuck do you have eternal witness as dorothy. Run Braids. Blue dress/blue card. Has Braids/Is Braids. Shit, do you even try.
>No flying monkeys. WTF.
>No Glinda, the Good Witch (Obviously Rubinia is your only choice)

Fuck you and your poor decisions.
>>
File: Image.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
131KB, 223x311px
I did a thing. It took two days worth of free time, but I did it. My goal was to make a deck that wasn't full of unfun infinite combo shenanigans but could be made competitive with only a few changes. Did I manage that? I've never played at my LGS tell me how bad my manabase sucks
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-saprolings-and-death/
>>
>>50202050
I threw the list together so that it could hang, but still have a fun theme. I'm not looking to get completely rolled over for having a silly deck.
>>
>>50201731
why not just ask him to build a new deck and then ask your peeps to play again
>>
File: sad puck.png (108KB, 728x518px) Image search: [Google]
sad puck.png
108KB, 728x518px
>all of the commanders i want to build decks around are also in the precons i dont want to take them out of

what do i do?
>>
>>50202050
Thanks for all the suggestions though
>>
>>50202112
Buy a single? Is this a trick question?
>>
>>50201461
That was a pretty good explanation, better than anything google turned up when I first started learning the terminology. I didn't even know what a cube was until now, seems like a fun idea now that I know what it is.
>>
>>50202193
but i spent my monthly magic budget buying all the commander precons :(
>>
File: 4WABqQpTjv_EN.png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
4WABqQpTjv_EN.png
189KB, 265x370px
Picked up the Saskia pre-con since she looks like she'll cater to my Timmy playstyle. I plan on building a token swarm deck based around multiple combat phases. But, I'd like to put in some blink effects as well to choose new targets with Saskia.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>50202077
You have the right idea, but you're running a lot of shitty cards. First, there are a lot of colorless lands that don't do much for you.

Westvale and Vault are good, but I wouldn't run the others unless you have a reason to. At the same time you're not running Temple of the False God or Gavony Township, which I think are great for you.

The next bullet point is to avoid cards that just gain life like Soul Warden and Marrow Chomper. You want life gain from cards that also fill another role like Scavenging Ooze, True Conviction, and Fumigate.

A lot of cards are just too slow (eg: anything involving spore counters) or low impact (eg: Spontaneous Generation). The kind of cards you typically want to run are those that help you develop early (eg: Wood Elves) or win you the game later (eg: Cathar's Crusade, Elspeth Sun's Champion).

This is a slightly dated version of my Marath list. It should give you some card ideas, since both have token and +1/+1 counter themes: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fires-of-yavinaya-1/
>>
>>50202304
Aurelia, Godo, Gahiji. Rith is excellent since you can pay the ability cost twice, and both Odrics are RIDICULOUS with lifelink.
>>
>>50202304
Conjurer's Closet, Restoration Angel (combos with Kikki-Jikki), Eldrazi Displacer, the module from Kaladesh
>>
>>50202101

>why not just ask him to build a new deck
He's my boss.
>>
>>50202470
>not being able to separate work and outside of work
>being to afraid to politely ask him to play something else
cuck
>>
>>50202470
Unless your job is play testing mtg, it's perfectly reasonable. Tell him that the deck is far stronger than anything the rest of you have, and that you want games to be fun again. The stronger bit should stroke his ego and make him more agreeable.
>>
File: 1374848687627.gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1374848687627.gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>50202491
>>50202549

I have in an upbeat way given nudges to him that the group was not enjoying it. He didn't take the hint. It has nothing to do with me being able to separate work and and not work, but how he takes it. Like I said: today I went and bought a precon to have a regular precon pentagram (because in the past it's what we've always done), there was very little interest shown, so I didn't nag.

I dunno if you guys have ever worked professional jobs, but I tend to try to avoid any risk of rocking the boat with the guy who signs my paychecks, especially when my company had a massive layoff earlier in the year and I got a pass for being buddies.

Fortunately, there is a FLGS I do play at, I have had some fun there, and met some new acquaintances. But it is rather heartbreaking that the original group I'd play with has become rather uninterested.
>>
>>50202332
>colorless lands
A lot of those were generalized suggestions from people I know who weren't aware of what kind of deck I was building, I'll be sure to look through those and replace them

>Scavenging Ooze, True Conviction, and Fumigate
Those are fantastic improvements, thank you

>spore counters
The spore counters were just bonuses, it was more about the sac effects. I don't really like the idea of removing Deathspore Thallid because my friends generally run some kind of indestructible and it always ruins my day, but I will if you really think I should. I wasn't too attached to the others so I have nothing against them going

>Cathar's Crusade, Elspeth Sun's Champion
Cathar's Crusade is beautiful. Oh my. I debated heavily between Elspeth Tirel and Sun's Champion. I'm skeptical of including both because 'walkers generate a lot of hate in my group and, while the odds are slim, I don't want to end up with both in my hand. Could I trouble you for your opinion on that subject?
>>
>>50202332
>>50202734
Forgot to add thanks for the decklist! and thanks in general
>>
>>50202648
>I have in an upbeat way given nudges to him

sounds like you were just too much of a cuck to ask him to play something else and assert yourself honestly, probably why you never get a raise or promotion
>>
>>50202648
So basically what you are saying is that your merit on your own is not good enough to keep your job?
>>
>>50202367
Don't forget Assemble the Legion.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 265x370px
>play this bitch
>artifacts out the ass because lol4artifactlands, rocks, and tokens
>artifact recursion out the ass
>all hell breaks loose when cranial plating or a token generator hits the field
>suddenly hitting people for double damage
>Silas Renn brings back all the shit that dies for value and UB colors
>2 hit kills without infect

She hits so goddamn hard. What the hell
>>
>>50201731
Marath is a pretty good cop commander if you want to take another shot at fighting it.
>>
>>50202734
Sun's Champion has been phenomenal for me. She's the best fair card in the Marath list that I posted unless you consider Elesh Norn fair (which is too close to call). I've run two different Sorins in a deck before and it didn't cause me problems.
>>
>preconbash at my place tomorrow
>was initially hyped, but now can't bring myself to waste $40 on an okay commander accompanied by a pile of trash unsynergistic cards.

Trying to think of a good excuse just to run one of my low-powered decks tomorrow.
>>
>>50203116
maybe just dont be a faggot and play a game or two before moving onto other decks? holy shit why are you people such faggots about precons?
>>
>>50203116
The Atraxa deck is actually ectremely synergistic for what it does. The only card it wants but doesn't have is Doubling Season, but otherwise it's a real good +1/+1 counters errywhere pre-con.
>>
>>50203176
someone else in his play group probably called atraxa and he is all butt hurt about it, same thing happened to one of the guys in my play group
>>
File: michaelcaine-9-581x730.jpg (107KB, 581x730px) Image search: [Google]
michaelcaine-9-581x730.jpg
107KB, 581x730px
>>50203116
I'll bet you skipped your nephew's Christmas party too.
>>
>>50203161
Because it's wasted money on cards I don't need. I could easily buy the commander for $2 and spend the other $38 on actual shit that will work.

>>50203176
Yeah, Atraxa kind of caught my eye, but in our group of 7, two people already got her.
>>
>>50203053
She also goes well with sidar so you can ho wide with evasive artifact tokens while you go tall with her. Plus green gives you access to all the token doublers.
>>
File: 1259955809143.png (231KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
1259955809143.png
231KB, 476x356px
I just realized that they reprinted Baleful Strix again.

As an uncommon.

After being a rare in EMA earlier this year.
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (17KB, 285x300px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
17KB, 285x300px
>>50203195
>Yeah, Atraxa kind of caught my eye, but in our group of 7, two people already got her.
i knew it >>50203192
>>
>>50203176
I have a Doubling Season and i was thinking about making an Anafenza +1/+1 counters matter deck, should i pick up atraxa to suppliment it?
>>
>>50203217
That's a good call but I'm actually more butthurt that Yidris was supposed to be crazy cascade fun and the deck is full of high-cost schlock that will fizzle 50% of the time. But maybe I'm wrong, has anyone tried him?

Atraxa would have been a cool back up though.
>>
>>50203240
I meant pick up the precon to supplement the deck
>>
>>50203116
the decks are well worth the preorder cost
>>
>>50203240
>>50203248
Unless it's for French I would put Atraxia in the driver's seat and Anafenza in the 99.
>>
File: 1472592331359.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472592331359.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
How do I get good at shuffling with sleeves? All I can do is mash shuffle
>>
>>50203280
whats wrong with mash shuffling?
>>
>>50203287
Mash shuffling destroys sleeves, especially the edges, faster than anything.
>>
What's the point of Gilded Drake? It seems like any other Duplicant ability.

>>50203280
>Pile
>Split into two halves
>Weave one half into the other

Works for me
>>
>>50203292
Just mash gently. A playmat also helps preserve sleeves.
>>
>>50203322
>What's the point of Gilded Drake? It seems like any other Duplicant ability.
Trade guys. Bounce Drake. Repeat.
>>
>>50203322
Drake is a french vanilla 3/3 that you trade for permanent control of something far better for just 1U.
Plus, people typically run it with bounce or flicker effects.
>>
Pact of Negation or Cryptic Command in a non too combo heavy mono blue deck?
Leaning towards Command but Pact's 0 cost would let me play a lot more freely, and make it harder to telegraph when I've got a counter.
Both is not an option
>>
>>50203274
My playgroup and I are doing khans block guys as kind of a gimmick
>>
Can I get some help on this deck?

usually everyone at our table has 3 levels of decks, weak fun, decent games and tryhard.

Trying to make this the tryhard slot, essentially UG elfball:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-16-dXm-elves/
>>
>>50201778
Tengen toppen gurren Lagan

___name___ gets +1/+1 and one of 'keyword ability list' for each creature with crew that is crewing it
>>
>>50203375
To answer your question then, I think you're better off spending $40 on tcgplayer or mtgpark.
>>
>>50203424
That's what i was thinking, thanks man
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 500x738px
>>50203206
>green let's you use that cool green artificer legend from kaladesh
>doubling season/parallel lives/primal vigor thopters and myrs
>can sac Akiri to draw +10 cards at instant speed

Naya artifacts? FUND IT!
>>
>>50196065
>more cascade-friendly spells
Such as?
>>
>>50203437
>Partner with a Kaladesh legend
Anon,I...
>>
File: Image.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
139KB, 223x311px
>>50203530
I don't think that anon meant partner with pic related, I think they just meant to include her as part of the 99 when using the RW Kor and the GW Human.
>>
>>50203546
Oh,well I feel dumb now.Oh well,I<m getting kinda sick of my commander deck,is Roon any fun?
>>
File: Image.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
145KB, 223x311px
Are the hideaway lands any good? Specifically pic related and the white one? My only concern is they seem like obvious targets for land removal.
>>
>>50203724
There are usually better lands to destroy than one with a face-down card that you don't know, might be crap, might not be able to satisfy the condition for it

I've never used one personally but in games where they come down they usually activate. Seems like a good card to me. I have a couple WIP decks that I'm planning to include them in.
>>
I can't do it, guys. I just can't.

I don't know what it is about 4c that bothers me so much, but I just can't take it. I went to my LGS to try and get over because everyone is playing with the new shit, but it's not use.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying it, but I'm probably too autistic to enjoy the game right now.
>>
>>50202304
I think the Flip Avacyn would be pretty good board protection
>>
>>50203724
I put them in most decks I play and I've had 2 games where I never bothered activating them. That was because the top 4 cards weren't worth it.

I play 99% Simic so that could be a factor though.
>>
>>50203882
K.
>>
>>50203882
What? Play the decks that you like to play, anon.

Why do you care what others are playing? Stomp them. It's not like 4c decks are any stronger than 5c decks which have existed for eternity
>>
>>50202304

I threw this together just out of stuff I had so it needs a lot of work, but might have some good ideas at least?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-11-16-IUk-saskia/
>>
>>50203923

You don't get it. It's the fact that there are 4c in the first place that bothers me. I don't want to tell people to stop playing what they like, not do I want to with or against 4c.

I can't even explain it. I'm borderline panic thinking about it. I snapped at someone without meaning to when he tried telling me about his new deck because I didn't want to hear about it. I never do that.

Fuck.
>>
>>50203724
They're win more in my experience. Either you have easy access to the hidden card and are winning already, or you desperately need it but need build a boardstate before you can acccess it.
>>
File: Semen Demon.jpg (144KB, 1920x1069px) Image search: [Google]
Semen Demon.jpg
144KB, 1920x1069px
>>50203882

At least you recognize that you're being an autistic fuck about it, which means you're probably not actually autistic.
>>
>>50203948
>>
>>50203979

There's a pretty decent chance I might actually be, though. My brother is high functioning assburgers.
>>
File: fun fleas.jpg (202KB, 652x900px) Image search: [Google]
fun fleas.jpg
202KB, 652x900px
>>50203948
Sounds like you've got a touch of the autismo, son. I suggest you build a monocolor deck you can play and enjoy. Destroying a 3c, 4c, or 5c deck with a monocolor deck is uniquely satisfying.

Monoblack? No enchantment destruction? No artifact destruction? No problem! Just reanimate harder!
>>
File: 1426141597102.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426141597102.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>50204015

Kill your brother and claim his high functions for your own.
>>
>>50204017

I've played everything. At one point, I had 14 decks together.

My current best deck is monoblack (I actually have 2), and I had to stop playing it often because it's oppressive with my current LGS. My 2 mono blacks are actually my only two decks left because I took everything apart, and I left those two in my Ultimate Guard box.
>>
File: Black Tricks.jpg (118KB, 704x330px) Image search: [Google]
Black Tricks.jpg
118KB, 704x330px
>>50204017
son you seems misguided, black can do far more.
I do play a monoblack stx deck myself, with Xiahou-dan of course. I wouldn't recommend that necessarily to the other anon, but I destroy anything just right, especially with the help of cards like pox/small pox, deathcloud, etc. who help a lot to fuck everything and every-hand up.
>>
File: Fun & fair.png (236KB, 856x803px) Image search: [Google]
Fun & fair.png
236KB, 856x803px
>>50204094
>because it's oppressive with my current LGS
I'm very curious now.

I'll show you mine (I'm this guy >>50204104)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-08-15-xiahou-dun-the-one-eyed-edh/
(or see pic)

I must warn you that I didn't update it in the recent years, and I probably should. Also my playgroup is mostly friends who likes to go big so my deck is not even a problem for anyone.
>>
File: 1331070923999.jpg (6KB, 259x272px) Image search: [Google]
1331070923999.jpg
6KB, 259x272px
>bought the Yidris deck
How badly did I fuck up
>>
>>50204275

It's like $30, so worst case you're out a couple cups of coffee.
>>
>>50204275
>Have to deal combat damage in order to cast shitty over costed limited fodder so you can freely cast another shit piece of limited fodder that'll do jack shit.

You goofed, but not "give everyone lands and have no win con" goofed.

Yidris can probably be good if you get rid of his entire deck and restart though.
>>
>>50204312
>Yidris can probably be good if you get rid of his entire deck and restart though.
That's the thing, I don't think I'd even know what to do. Obviusly things like Rogue's Passage and Whispersilk go in, but it's just such a wonky trigger that I don't even know if it's worth building around
>>
>>50204139

I don't know if it's 100% up to date, but here.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/liliana-dark-madness/
>>
>>50204358
Cascading with big Cmc cards is a retard move. You'll cast a blasphemous act thinking you're just the hottest shit, then you shit out a mana dork.

You want a bunch of cheap cards so you can easily cast a bunch of spell post proc. It's almost impressive how badly they made the Yidris deck. How the fuck are supposed to get any good number of triggers with a curve that's fucking high.
>>
>>50204373
looks pretty fun
>>
>>50203979
Some autists are very self aware.

>>50203926
Add some untap all land effects like Nature's Will to go infy with Aggravated assault. You're more focused on fatties than tokens, which makes Tromp pretty bad. Consider adding some infect.

>>50204358
Either stuff it full of ramp, CA, and combo pieces or go full Voltron.
>>
>>50204449

After a quick look, it's not fully updated, but the gist is there, just replace Phyrexian Alter with Bitter Ordeal. People were complaining about infinites, so I made it infinite free he deck doesn't need it anyway, but it's nice to be able to just say "ok, the game is over now," when the game has been dragging.

Anyway, it is fun, and its been my favorite for awhile now. Put a lot of testing into it.

>>50204065

Nah. Why would I? He's actually much more happy with bus life than I am with mine.
>>
File: 1412036706428.jpg (66KB, 565x541px) Image search: [Google]
1412036706428.jpg
66KB, 565x541px
>>50204525

Because with the power of his high functions, you could rule the galaxy?
>>
File: 1438229823705.png (120KB, 285x411px) Image search: [Google]
1438229823705.png
120KB, 285x411px
>>50204550

I don't think it works that way.
>>
File: 1405241574641.jpg (32KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
1405241574641.jpg
32KB, 340x255px
>>50204555

Because you have never felt the power of the higher functions coursing through your veins. Once you have tasted of the power they provide you will at last understand and the long road to intergalactic conquest can begin.

Now go, and claim what is rightfully yours!
>>
File: image_5.jpg (58KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
58KB, 514x536px
>>50204601

You sure I'm the autist? I'm having doubts now.
>>
File: 1448295795375.jpg (121KB, 599x880px) Image search: [Google]
1448295795375.jpg
121KB, 599x880px
>>50204668

Join us, take the higher functions of the unworthy one and claim your place in history.
>>
File: 1463200238309.jpg (323KB, 1280x859px) Image search: [Google]
1463200238309.jpg
323KB, 1280x859px
>>50204705

If I am actually autistic, I'm pretty high functional, so...
>>
File: gay.png (232KB, 387x580px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
232KB, 387x580px
>>50204775

There are levels of higher function that you cannot begin to imagine, accept your fate, claim his life and join us at the highest function.

I will not ask again.
>>
File: 1426953221795.gif (872KB, 451x257px) Image search: [Google]
1426953221795.gif
872KB, 451x257px
>>50204787

Son what you're saying is that I can continue to say no, and that's the end of it.
>>
>>50195334
Today I learned 20 life Duel Commander is exiting as fuck, and the new precons eat dick and are the worst multiplayer experience I've had with precons so far.
>>
>>50203724
The white one is pretty good because its so easy to activate. The red one is pretty great too because you don't have to be the one to do the damage, so sometimes its even easier to activate. Not to mention they can let you cast a sorcery speed anything during combat which can easily be broken. As far as removal targeting I have never seen it happen.
>>
Hey guys bought the Atraxa precon, then pimped it for infect/counters cause im a Phyrexian hedonist, can I please get some feedback on it?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-envoy-of-cancer/
>>
Would panharmonicon in atraxa be a good idea or a bad idea?
>>
>>50203292
yeah... if you're shitty at it.

you know, if you don't floor it at every stop sign, your tires last longer too. Just a tip.
>>
Hey /tg/, which of the new precons is the best right out of the box?

I've read that it's Atraxa, but that Breya is pretty good too.
Also, is Yidris really shit?
>>
Can someone explain this doomsday pile to me?

Predict
LabMan
Gitaxian probe
Lions eye diamond
Yawgmoth's will

Where the fuck do I get the mana for yawgs will? It's not like I can crack LED for it.
>>
>>50203724
I feel that they're almost always too slow as in EDH you have plenty of mana that you couldve used to just cast it.
That says it is card advantage, and a discount, but sometimes/often you do whiff and your best option is a 0-2cmc spell which means youre not getting a discount
>>
Tappedout is driving me crazy. I have exactly 100 cards in my deck, and the site says I have 101.
>>
>>50206297
Including commander?
>>
>>50206309
Yes, Commander is part of the 30 creatures. It also lists 37 lands, 21 artifacts, 5 instants, 6 sorceries, and 1 enchantment.
>>
>>50206347
Maybe that's the problem? I think you have to fill in your commander in the special commander field and leave it out of the 99.
I'm not sure though, just seems like the most obvious thing.
>>
>>50206357
That's it, thanks. It's my first time using tappedout to build a deck, so I didn't know that I didn't have to list my commander in my creatures, since there is already a space for it.
>>
File: tumblr_o6auhb0zej1qz66gdo3_1280.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6auhb0zej1qz66gdo3_1280.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>50206380
Happy to help, my friend.
>>
>just ordered an ajani, mentor of heroes, smokestack and tangle wire for atraxa

I also ordered a magus of the tabernacle but I'm not sure if I should use him. I'm gonna have fun, right?
>>
>>50206526
Atraxa is guaranteed fun.
>>
File: 1407093014809.jpg (82KB, 432x318px) Image search: [Google]
1407093014809.jpg
82KB, 432x318px
>tfw my playgroup gives me shit for using cheap ass Ultra Pro sleeves, but I just hate how Dragon Shields feel
>>
>>50206711
Why not try kmc hyper mat? They're awesome. personally I hate dragon shields shiny back but ultra pros break so fast.
>>
>>50206729
I guess I never considered them, since our FLGS doesn't sell them. Thanks for the tip!
>>
What are some cards that you know have way better alternatives, but you just cant bring yourself to cut?

It's Jeskai Infiltrator in Newzuri for me
>>
>>50206795
Coldsteel Heart
It's a Snow Artifact!
>>
If you cast necromancy on a god like purphorous and he is only an enchantment when he enters and you put necromancy to the yard. Does purphorous live or die
>>
>>50203724
I love it omnath of rage, its super easy to hit this in green, while the other ones are a bit harder.
>>
File: AdiBPrO.jpg (111KB, 1049x550px) Image search: [Google]
AdiBPrO.jpg
111KB, 1049x550px
>wanted to preorder a new Commander deck
>LGS was only taking preorders for all five decks
>Finally go to buy it in person
>Sold out due to preorders
>Can't reserve either
>>
>>50205245
Panharmonicon, deepskate fish, and corpse jack menace seems pretty hilarious.
>>
Can someone explain to me how the Opalescence + Parallax Wave combo works? I looked up some explanations but my brain just can't wrap itself around how do the 4 creatures just get exiled when Wave exiles itself.
>>
How important is your commander as part of your commander deck? I've been epxerimenting with a gruul deck with a randomised commander, I roll a d6 before the game to decide one of 6 commanders, it adds a bit of fun to each game and makes me play the deck slightly differently
>>
>going to play with a commander group for the first time
>don't have 100 sleeves so I'll have to play bare
On a scale from 1 to 10 how much shit will I get for this
>>
>>50207470
If it happened in my group you would have to suffer the bants and then no-one would care since we'd assume you don't have an value in the deck anyway
>>
>>50207387
thats a pretty cool idea anon

generally my commander is pretty important, i have a few decks where they dont really matter but for the most part the commander is the key to the plan
>>
>>50207485
There are 2 cards worth about 5 bucks each and the rest is cheapo jank, I shuffle gently though... but there's one card that has a white spot on the back and I couldn't find a quick replacement.
>>
>>50207522
Yeah I have a couple like that as well, but my Gruul deck is basically RG goodstuff, the commanders in the pool are

>Ruric Thar
>Omnah
>Atarka, World Render
>Xenagod
>Mina and Denn
>Ulrich

Kinda want to replace the other two with Borborygmos and someone else
>>
>>50207549
think you could do that with anything other than gruul?

i like gruul but basically all my standard decks are gruul
>>
>>50207620
There's probably enough graveyard matters commanders in Golgari to get a few of those guys together
>>
>>50207470
Can't you buy some throw away sleeves or something?
>>
>>50207640
ya probably, now that i think about it my meren deck basically has all the golgari graveyard commanders in it. i might try that tonight after we are done fucking around with the precons
>>
>>50207663
The cheapest sleeves around are Ultrapros and they're not even in a color I'd like, and they go for like 5 euros for 50 sleeves or something
>>
>>50207293
Put the exile triggers on the stack, then exile the wave itself.

The wave will return as a "new" copy with five fade counters, after that the other exile triggers from the "old" copy happen.
>>
>>50195772

Probably Atraxa: she comes with Flying, Vigilance, Deathtouch and Lifelink out the gate. Plus if you manage to get a single +1/+1 counter on her she can slowly yet surely handle the rest.
>>
Yidris has easily made itself my pet card deck. I've never been so timmy in my life
>>
>>50207156
They are mass made dude you can pick one up at wall mart
>>
What cards could I add to the Saskia deck to break blue stalemates? I already added Avatar of Slaughter, just need more ideas for forced aggression.
>>
>>50207990
but then it'll cost more
I could either buy a single C16 deck or a c16 deck, a box, and some sleeves for the same price
>>
>>50207387
>>50207549
it depends very much on the deck itself. my monoblack can run at about 90% power with like 5 different commanders, but kokusho brings it up to 100%. however, my xenagos deck highly relies on xenagos himself as a haste enabler and a wincon.

your RG goodstuff can work fine with any of those commanders, but most of those commanders are best when built around.
>>
>>50208016
Yeah it was originally Ruric Thar but the izzet players kept whining about him

Now they whine when I kill them with Atarka commander damage or when I trample through with a Xenagossed Malignus OR when I cast primal surge and flip my library
>>
>>50198205
Atraxa, easily. After that it's Breya and Yidris at about the same level.
>>
Wanna build duel commander Atraxa infect. Anyone done this yet? Build is gonna be wonky but I feel it could work out kinda fine.
>>
File: 57.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50208004
Maybe try Monarch cards. They're usually pretty good at enticing people to attack.
>>
>>50207387
I actually noticed that most of my decks hardly even care about their generals. Like, it's nice that they're there because they usually fit the theme and are decent cards, but in 80% of games I never actually cast them. So I'm trying to rectify that with decks that are more focused on their general. Right now working on a Gonti list.
>>
>>50207387
Like anons said, it depends. In the Yidris deck Im planning, he and cascade just added bonuses in fact I wonder if I couldn't do the same deck better with a random BUG commander, but different topic . My Ghave deck on the other hand would be a worthless assortment of crap without him. Usually I like to shoot for somewhere in between, a commander that is both directly helpful to my plan and part of a potential wincon, but is also not so pertinent that I lose the game if the other guys decide to spam removal at him.
>>
>>50198136
anon why dont you have hermit druid?
>>
>>50196116

>Classic trans

Yep, another sjw trash card
>>
Want to build a cheap fun commander deck. I play skaven in Warhammer so I was thinking of doing a marrow-gnawer deck. Ashling the pilgrim also looks really cool, any other cards I should look at? Can these decks be built fairly cheap and still be good?
>>
>>50203472
For a budget Yidris:
>Delve spells
>Stuff like Forsee and other scry/draw type spells
>Creatures with strong ETB abilities like Eternal Witness or the Titans/Gearhulks
>Wide range spot removal like Beast Within and Purify so that you always have a target
>Modal spells like the commands

Basically anything that grantees you value when you cascade into it.
>>
>>50203376
pls respond
>>
>>50209096
no
>>
File: EDH commanders.jpg (172KB, 645x461px) Image search: [Google]
EDH commanders.jpg
172KB, 645x461px
>>50207387
Mono white can actually run sort of okay without Nahiri. She just makes board presence resilient after a board wipe and speeds things up when it comes to making aggressive dudes. Deck is a inbetween of equipments, boardwipes, and token production.

A lot of testing has revealed that I just want Meren out asap to start racking up experience counters. She's the best reanimator in her color combination so the sooner I grab those counters the sooner I can drop a fatty on like turn 5. Grind out the game on her value engine.

Plan on building Atraxa next. Dunno how important she will be but I assume very since proliferate is stronk. Watching commandzone dudes play with the decks has me leaning to leave the partner commanders all as part of the 99 since Ishai got stupid huge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRu1jN67qSM
>>
File: strands.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50209062
>Can these decks be built fairly cheap and still be good?

>marrow-gnawer deck
probably, yeah. mono-black is fairly cheap to build. no need for mana fixing, black staples tend to be fairly cheap, etc.

also, if you intend to build a rat tribal, then it will make the deck cheaper. tribals tend to be cheap to build in EDH if they aren't powerful tribes. you could probably make a funny rat tribal with marrow-gnawer if you wanted. but it probably won't be cut throat competitive because most tribals typically aren't, but fun is what really matters in EDH. if you're in a casual meta, i say go for it.

>ashling the pilgrim

mono-red tends to be weaker than monoblack, and a ton of the good red staples cost mad dosh, like gamble, blood moon and wheel of fortune. mono-red also isn't that powerful outside a few build-around commanders like krenko, purphorous and maybe zada (which are admittedly cheap to build) so if you do build mono-red, don't go for goodstuff.

i'd also say that mono-black is a bit more interesting to play than mono-red. mono-red typically has very linear gameplans whereas mono-black has a few options.
>>
>>50209157
Yea the marrow gnawed deck I've been throwing around is mostly rat tribal, although I use cards like rat catcher, ogre slumlord and mikaeus the unhallowed.

My testing on xmage has gone well, I've won against quite a few decks in multi-player by just being unassuming. Although 1v1 I don't do so well
>>
>>50209120
That video makes me miss the old Commander VS videos.

>>50209088
Suggestions for wincons? Just try and squeeze the most value or could something like storm be doable? I've seen some lists with the Water Tower in it.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.