[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 79

File: Just Nordic things.jpg (1MB, 3746x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Just Nordic things.jpg
1MB, 3746x1127px
KRÜNCH Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for Adam
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa: >>50097602
>>
>>
Praise Talos. Anyone got a game going in the Aurbis? My group is pestering me for one, but right now I'm not feeling very inspired to run it. Would love to hear stories about other anons' games, though.
>>
What's the deal with the Buoyant Armigers?

Why are they only at Ghostgate?

What's up with the name? They float?

Are they as hard-line Temple doctrine as the Ordinators?
>>
>>50190977
They're Vivec's own military order, and they're at the Ghostgate because of the place's importance.
Buoyant probably has to do with their (ideal) demeanour, as they're supposed to model themselves after Vivec.
They're comparable to Ordinators, but while Ordinators are essentially soldier-priests (in various degrees) dedicated to the Temple, the Armigers are dedicated to Vivec, and primarily seek to be more like warrior-poets. Ordinators are primarily Indoril, Armigers are primarily Redoran.
>>
File: r_teslore.jpg (27KB, 305x185px) Image search: [Google]
r_teslore.jpg
27KB, 305x185px
I'm currently working on an elder scrolls mod for dwarf fortress and wanted to get your ideas on making each civ's playstyle unique. I'm focusing on industries and workshops, castes, unique materials and items, and differing skill rates. I'm hesitant to hack together a magic system as they tend to be buggy and to be quite honest probably above my skill level.
>>
>>50191401
You might have to be a bit more specific about what you're really looking for, because I'm utter shit at DF.

>get the idea to play df
>install it
>make a few attempts, always fail spectacularly
>play until i get bored
>quit
>a year or so passes
>the the idea to play df
>cycle repeats itself
My best run was when I decided to be a serial killer in adventure mode. Or when you end up in convoluted grappling fights with giant spiders.
>>
>>50190977
>I am a Buoyant Armiger, a member of a small military order of the Tribunal Temple, exclusively dedicated to and answering to Lord Vivec. We pattern ourselves on Lord Vivec's heroic spirit of exploration and adventure, and emulate his mastery of the varied arts of personal combat, chivalric courtesy, and subtle verse. We serve the Temple as champions and knights-errant, and are friendly rivals of the more solemn Ordinators in our dedicated service to Lord Vivec and the Temple.
>>
>>50191401
It is mostly conceptual at the moment, my current plans are
Orcs
>Increased size and physical stats. This will require balancing as size is a considerable factor in combat
>increased armor and weapon smithing skill gains
>nobility tied to military leadership
>unique weapons and armor. I'm deciding whether to do this via standard armor and civ specific orichalcum processing or unique armor types with standard materials
Dunmer
>Heat resistance
>bonemold, deciding whether to have it treated as metal or to limit what can be done with it with custom reactions using the bonecrafter skill at the craftsman's workshop
>castes based on great houses with corresponding skill rate bonuses and penalties
>various unique crops and pets
Nords
>cold resistance
>skill boost to fishing and melee weapon skills
>in leu of whaling, pressing fish for oil/tallow
>size and physical stat boost, less so than orcs
Bosmer
>ambush skill boost
>carnivores
>not sure if there is a way to enforce no tree cutting, but perhaps the home civ caravans could enforce vanilla elf tree cutting quotas
Khajiit
>ambush and animal training skill boost
>claws
>requires more research on my part
Bretons, Imperials, Altmer, Redguards, and Argonians all require additional brainstorming and research.
>>50191473
desu I'm still figuring out what's all possible. Industries and crafts that races excel at would be helpful. Pets and flora from various provinces would be good as well.
>>
>>50191648
>Khajiit
Good luck with the ~12 sub-species.
>>
>>50192362
You can actually vary body types via castes, It's going to be a bitch and a half to type all that shit though.
>>
>>50191648
I can give you some pointers on Khajiiti culture. It's one of my favourite topics.
In terms of production, clothing and so on, here's some quick pointers:

You're going to have to take most of your pointers from the Pelletinian side of Khajiiti culture, as well as what's found in cities. Because they're the ones that live in permanent settlements.

Fabrics are important, barring silk. Khajiit traditionally wear clothing described as "abundant shawls", which probably looks something like a sari. This is mostly for the bipedal Khajiit, who also wear the Budi, a traditional shirt or tunic that covers up their torso fur. The shawls are colourful and patterned, as are the Budi. Embroidery and striped patterns have been mentioned for the Budi in particular. If you can, you wear jewellery and trinkets.
The more Merish subbreeds frequently get tattoos.

Following on the notion of fabrics, the Khajiit also make fine, colourful tapestries. Cherim, a famous Khajiiti tapestry maker, supposedly had several factories that just made reproductions of his work.

Sugar canes are important, for obvious reasons. Moonlight is absorbed by the water and caught in the sugar cane groves, where the sugar canes are used to make moon sugar. Moon sugar is used for just about everything, from seasoning to skooma. Khajiiti food is, in general, very sweet. Candies, cakes, puddings, sugarmeat and sweet fondue are all common.

Caravans and trade are also really important.
>>
>>50192625
Interesting, I'm really digging the fabric trade angle. Silk in vanilla is only generated by hostile spiders afaik, but perhaps I could rig the new beekeeping system to create a sort of apiary silkworm.
>>
>>50190954
>Anyone got a game going in the Aurbis?

Not currently but I've been wanting to. Just not sure how to go about it. Can't decide if I should try and adapt it for 5e or just use the UESRPG and make my group learn the new system. Anyone ever try to run UESRPG?
>>
File: file.png (256KB, 264x394px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
256KB, 264x394px
>reading redguard dialogue on til
I should get around to playing this.
>>
File: file.png (633KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
633KB, 540x720px
>Redguard civilization is divided into the cosmopolitan coastal cities on one hand, and the numerous nomadic tribes that wander the desert itself on the other. The former have adopted Breton or Imperial manners of dress and architecture, modified with motifs and styles from lost Yokuda, and some have even reorganized their gods and tribal spirits to fit into the traditional Imperial pantheon of Eight Divines. The nomads are more primitive, either with trace-Nedic influences or stubbornly Yokudan, throwback castaways even to other Redguards. Devotees of Satakal the Serpent God are strewn among them, historically causing the A'likr border-states no end of strife. These revered madmen depend entirely on the charity of the other Redguards, though sometimes they rise in perilous bands, terrorizing the countryside in old Ra Gada fashion. Many, as in Rihad, go nude, rolling around in the dirt and nipping at the legs of passersby, "striking out" as if they were snakes themselves, while others perform terrible exhibitions of "shedding their skin". They have been seen rolling in the desert sand sidewinder-fashion in continuous, hundred-mile stretches, from Balhar all the way to the Nohotogrha oasis. The Satakals have never liked the Imperial presence, and have recently taken to harassing its civil servants. The Provisional Governors have been forced to run them out of the cities for the safety of its garrisoned troops and the native citizenry at large.
Snekmen > Ansei
>>
I'm going to go ahead and mention CHIM so that it's out of the way.
>>
File: 6877524065_9c10a4b239_o.jpg (816KB, 1626x1886px) Image search: [Google]
6877524065_9c10a4b239_o.jpg
816KB, 1626x1886px
>>
>>50190977
Bouyant basically means 'merry.' Sermon 24 will help you better understand their order.
>>
File: redoranguard.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
redoranguard.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>50190006
i-is that an execution?
>>
Making a shitty mod for Skyim based on "the town mayor is a dragon" thread here a while back. Wondering how completely wrecking the lore I am/perhaps things to keep it more lorefriendly.

This would be one of the dragons that made a pact with Tiber Septim, gaining protection in return of serving. However, eventually Talos dies, and eventually the "pact-dragons" just promised to go into hiding and not actively bother with humanity anymore, and the blades would occasionally check to make sure of this on punishment of death.

Except then Skyrim and Alduin happen, and Alduin sends his lieutenants out to deal with these age-old traitors. This hidden dragon defeats the lieutenant, but ends up heavily wounded and the mountain he lived at devastated. Not just that, but over the eras he built up a sort of hidden recluse society for those who reject regular society. Among the inhabitants of his "village" are

>A bunch of Fire Atronachs/Orcs devoting themselves to a live of fire and smithing.

>A few giants herding a massive mammoth herd (also a big source of food to everyone)

>A seeker that observes this "society" and will give information at a price for its lord Hermaeus Mora.

>A Hagraven who has sworn herself in service to the dragon, despite the dragon's discomfort with this

Player would be contacted by dragon calling out for the neutral Paarthurnax, who can't be arsed to go himself so sends the Dragonborn. Player would en up doing all kinds of quests for inhabitants to secure a future for them.
>>
File: dwemer.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px)
dwemer.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
Don't know if this has been talked in the previous threads so pardon me, but what do you guys think about the Dwemer in ESO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOmovKPay4Y

pic and video related
>>
>>50194709
>Dwemer in ESO
Is nothing sacred?
>>
>>50194709
What the hell? I do play ESO, but come the fuck on, is it in one of the DLCs?
>>
>>50194852
It's in the Orsinium DLC, public dungeon named Rkindaleft.
>>
>>50192839
Ran a couple things in UESRPG. It's pretty solid; don't allow shadow mages and you'll have a pretty easy time. It's still a WIP, but the devs are pretty active on the subreddit and here if you have questions.
>>
File: 1475861236102.jpg (462KB, 1920x1622px) Image search: [Google]
1475861236102.jpg
462KB, 1920x1622px
>>50194709
I see TESO continues with its horrible character design
>>
>>50194990
I disagree with you but have to say that those Dwemer look pretty fucking cool.
>>
File: 1476733181514.jpg (641KB, 968x1000px)
1476733181514.jpg
641KB, 968x1000px
>>
File: skyrimfood.jpg (320KB, 1034x877px) Image search: [Google]
skyrimfood.jpg
320KB, 1034x877px
N'wahs, give me some of your headcanon/conjecture/made up shit.

For example, what do you imagine Redguard cuisine is like? The province is pretty cosmopolitan but has a pretty high desert and mountain area that is poor for crops. How creative do Redguards get with their food availability, especially the few that live in bumfuck nowhere? I can imagine insects being a staple.
>>
>>50190954
Tried twice over the Internet, and once in real life. Things never even kicked off.

Shame, too. I've never played TTRPG outside of a one-shot my cousin had. I'd settle for anything at this point, even FATAL.
>>
>>50195901
I imagine they live off fish and trade with High Rock. I'm sure there are some fertile areas in Hammerfell that they can herd cattle and grow crops in though.
>>
>>50194974
Shadow mages are more of a BBEG thing anyways.
>>
>>50196464
zzz.... boring

come up with a typical hammerfell dish, right now
>>
>>50192625
>>50192670
Civilized Khajiit also find the showing of chest-fur to be offensive. They always, always wear at least something.
>>
>>50196633
Orc Baby Flambe
>>
>>50196633
Banana Mash
>>
>>50196455
I used to be like you, but I was lucky enough to stumble into a IRL GURPS group. I knew none of the people there, but I had a great time, and now we're in a fun campaign.
>>
>>50197185
I thought this was going to turn into a Skyrim maymay. But yeah, I feel like it might get a bit easier when I go to a bigger town or get back into college. So far the only people who are down are my boss who I'm really good friends with and two ex-coworkers.
>>
>>50196633
Fried chicken and collard greens.
>>
>>50196862
>Flambe
That's more of a delicacy among Breton Sorcerers. Redguards tend to prefer Orc Baby Kebab, slow roasted over the ruins of Orsinium.
>>
>>50194175
Looks like it.
>>
>>50196633
grilled giant locust (size of a rat) with honey
>>
>>50194175
Or an offering
>>
>>50194500
The Blades would never let dragons live, even in peace. The only reason the Blades went along with Tiber Septim's deal with Dragons was because he was fucking Tiber Septim.

Also two more questions
Why does Alduin want to kill these Dragons?
Why don't these Dragons join Alduin?
>>
File: 1474320142916.jpg (68KB, 350x324px) Image search: [Google]
1474320142916.jpg
68KB, 350x324px
>started up Skyrim again
>all the Whiterun NPCs are broken
>all the Windhelm NPCs are broken
>can't into main questline or civil war

Whelp, time for senseless murder hoboing...
>>
>>50191317
Does that mean that they try and stick there spear in things?
>>
>>50199017
Most people do regardless of religious/militaristic reasons.
>>
File: Alfiq Mage.jpg (183KB, 1024x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Alfiq Mage.jpg
183KB, 1024x1274px
>>50196714
Even the quadrupeds?
>>
>>50198799
Did you try uninstalling the horsecock mods?
>>
>>50199315
Now that's a good question. They're just as smart as their bipedal brothers and sisters, but it'd be a pain for them to put clothes on and off without help. I'd imagine they could get more away with more fur showing if only because of expediency. Some of the smaller quadrupeds (pahmar and alfiqs) might have annoying family that insist on throwing clothing on them.
>>
File: 32142345.jpg (178KB, 750x366px)
32142345.jpg
178KB, 750x366px
>>50199329
Figured it was a mod fucking with me but I don't have the patience to figure out which.

It'll be interesting to run through this without relying on Unrelenting Force to bail me out when my ass is getting kicked.
>>
File: 1420559916743.jpg (70KB, 248x252px)
1420559916743.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>>50199562
Can we address how underwhelming Skyforge is?

>mystical ancient relic of unknown origin
>just a hill in someone's backyard
>>
>>50199612
It's probably just one of those game vs lore world problems
Honestly the undercave was more interesting than the forge, didn't even realize the forge was even special until my second play
>>
File: hammerfell.jpg (1MB, 4440x2401px) Image search: [Google]
hammerfell.jpg
1MB, 4440x2401px
>>50195901
This tumblr is a really interesting experiment in trying to create believable food and culinary arts for the different cultures of tamriel.
I'm not sure how lore friendly it is, but it's really neat.

http://tastetamriel.tumblr.com/tagged/hammerfell
>>
File: 1472277809614.jpg (1MB, 1000x1268px)
1472277809614.jpg
1MB, 1000x1268px
When did the "Water is Memory" part of TES lore come about?
I know C0DA makes it specific, but the Annotated Anuad kind of hints towards it, with the new oceans and the Hist's realm being beneath the sea.
>>
>>50199763
Having it in Whiterun at all as a tourist attraction takes away its mysticism. Should have been on a mountaintop in the wilderness guarded by a master blacksmith hermit who alone knows its secrets.
>>
>>50201321
It's a forge, not an interdimensional portal.
While it can make skyforge steel, it's still makes everything else a forge makes. Doesn't really make sense such a practical tool would be in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, no settlement or anything.
Besides, it's already guarded by a master blacksmith who alone knows its secrets. He's just not a hermit.
>>
File: 1460229332142.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1460229332142.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>My name is _____ and what I do is none of your business
>ask what their trade is
>I'm an assassin
>>
>>50199801
How is Dragonstar and Dragon Gate NOT rightfully Breton clay?
>>
File: ob_spider_daedra.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ob_spider_daedra.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
would you?
>>
>>50191648
Reminder that Skyrim's the only game where Orcs are taller and more physically powerful than Nords and it's also a game where Imperials are one of the most physically powerful of races.

People keep making the mistake of TES Orcs = Orcs and TES Nords = humans or some shit, so they have this cognitive dissonance where they keep trying to jam them into archetypes. To the point that people who don't get TES are now part of Bethesda making decisions about TES.
TES Orcs = Dwarves
>stubborn, absolutist, isolationist mountain communities that are good at crafting, with the belief that life is struggle
TES Nords = Orcs
>rampant hordes of barbarian invaders with the belief that life is conquest

And I think Bosmer are almost the original elves from DF.
>>
File: contemplative_jazz_music.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative_jazz_music.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>>50203665
>mfw the nords are actually taller than orcs in morrowind
The orcs are a tad wider though. I don't know where you are getting the imperials being physically strong from. They have average physical stats and the base height.

>And I think Bosmer are almost the original elves from DF.
I think toady or three toe said they were his inspiration at some point. They aren't playable in vanilla fortress mode and play exactly the same as dwarves, however, so I want to do some tweaking to them as well.
>>
>>50203763
*play exactly the same as the dwarves if you add the fortress tag
>>
>>50191648
I'd really like to see this followed through, I'm a big fan of both df and scrolls lore. Do you have a blog or something?
>>
>>50203825
Not at the moment. I'll make one once I have something presentable to release.
>>
File: Eidar_Cheese.jpg (378KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Eidar_Cheese.jpg
378KB, 1280x1600px
>>50195901
Redguards have something called Shrieking Cheese.
In fact, cheese seems to be an interesting topic
in ESO, see:
Cheeses of Tamriel
by Master Chef Gilbard Larocque

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Cheeses_of_Tamriel
>>
>>50203763
In Skyrim, Imperials have battlemage skill bonuses, so they're the fairly good Warrior characters.
They have more combat skill bonuses than Redguards, 5 less than Nords.

You are right about Orcs having more weight in Morrowind, and in Oblivion the males are the same, Nord females wider.
>>
>>50203841
If I knew anything about modding df I'd offer to help. If you wanted to add Dwemer there are reactions to make constructs in masterwork you could purloin. Hope you can do it.
>>
>>50195901
Not sure why, but I imagine ceviche would be a redguard dish in tes
>>
>>50199315
No.
The Budi is for bipedal Khajiit.
>>
File: 1436563837114.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436563837114.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
>>50203867
>>50203665
Morrowind:
>Average Height
>+5 Blunt, Hand to Hand, Light Armor
>+10 Longblade, Speechcraft, Mercantile

Skyrim:
>Average Height
>+10 Restoration
>+5 Block, Destruction, Enchanting, Heavy Armor, One-handed

Nigga, they've always been martially focused, the thing that's wrong is now they're more magic focused, (Which sort of makes sense considering the Nibenese) and for some reason don't have a bonus to Speech.
>>
While we're on the topic, Redguards should have been less magic focused. You could seriously replace Alteration and Destruction with Light Armor and Two Handed, or replace one of those with Heavy armor and had been more in tune with lore. And it's not like it's a real difference in gameplay or balance considering it would just be a Swordsman build all the same.
>>
File: tumblr_n0cg3cXflh1t3fruoo1_1280.jpg (155KB, 768x1011px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0cg3cXflh1t3fruoo1_1280.jpg
155KB, 768x1011px
>>50203665
>complains about people putting races into archetypes
>proceeds to put them into an archetype

Also:
>Orcs are thankfully easy to recognize from other humanoids by their size
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Pig_Children

>As you know, Orc corpses are among the most sought after for the durability of their skin and the strength of their bones.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Corpse_Preparation_v_I

There's textual references to Orcish size and strength. I don't see why you try to say that's not the case.
>>
>>50203586
>Would you?

Have any choice in the matter? Probably not.
>>
>>50204291
>Nigga, they've always been martially focused, the thing that's wrong is now they're more magic focused, (Which sort of makes sense considering the Nibenese)and for some reason don't have a bonus to Speech.

Probably because no-one really played Imperials in the previous games outside of for RP purposes.

Bretons have the magika bonus, spell resist, and good starting Int and Wis.

Altmer are Bretons with even more magika but far more fragile to magic.

Kajit are rogues.

Bosmer are rangers.

Orcs, Nords, and Redguards make great warriors/fighters in general. Just pick the one the suits your style of warrior/fighter.

Argonians combine gotta go fast with built in scuba gear.

Imps have personality and bonuses to speech and mercantile. You start being shit at doing anything that isn't being a merchant in a game series where its really not that hard to make money no matter what you do.

Race powers are sort of useful early game but you'll replace them with spells that do the same thing but better and can be cast more then once a day. So I don't really think of those when comparing races in case you wonder why I didn't mention them.
>>
>>50204794
Oh forgot to add Dunmer.

Dunmer are anti social living blocks of asbestos with gotta go fast. Basically take them if you want to laugh at fire based mages.
>>
>>50203665
Think of it more as orcs being fatter on average and having huge guts.

It clashes nicely with the nigger pandering in TESV where they made them /fit/ noble savages with no downsides.
>>
>>50204869
That's probably why Imperial Men weighed so much in Morrowind.
>>
>>50204794
That kind of reminds me of one of my best friends who played an Imperial Knight born under The Lover and really enjoyed it. Star of the West and Lover's Kiss combined made sure he could take down almost any badass he couldn't kill with a sword. Plus the Agility bonus made up for the Agility penalty most human races have.

But outside of that, there's nothing wrong with their concept of the "Knight Race". I don't often play Imperials, but I think they have their place.
>>50204842
They make pretty good spellswords, too. Bretons are a better choice for for Gishes, though, even if they were designed to be Atronach Sorcerers, but Dunmer were pretty much designed to be spellswords.
>>
>>50204998
Star of the West and good Hand-to-Hand can take out nearly any enemy in the game, even at a low level, just with how hand-to-hand works in Morrowind.
>>
>>50203302
>Dragon star
>Breton

its a nord city bruh, play shadowkey.
>>
File: hhrothrough06_6877526025_o.jpg (553KB, 3276x1552px) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough06_6877526025_o.jpg
553KB, 3276x1552px
>>
Are the stars in the sky of Mundus 3 dimensional? Or at least perceived as such?

I know they're tears left behind from escaping Et'Ada, but surely they can still have a 3d position.
>>
>>50205344
We only know that they are all the same distance from Nirn.
>>
>>50194709
>no giant beard, no merish facial features
ESO, shit as usual.
>>
>>50205344
I doubt it, at least for normal stars. They aren't really "things", objects, but rather just holes in the firmament.
>>
>>50204491
>The Pig Children

Man I'm a huge sucker for any lore that's written from an in-universe perspective. That's why I try and collect every book I can find in dungeons, houses, etc.
>>
Speaking of stars, do we even really know what unstars are?
We know how the act, and what separates them from stars, but what kind of Lorkhan-related spirit are they really supposed to be?
Rogue Magne-Ge? "Illicit spectra"?

Also, why is Arkay the Dominion Planet of the Thief?
>>
>>50205477
Read the various accounts of the War of Betony.
Bretons, Redguards and the Empire have rather different ideas of what happened.
>>
>>50199612
i like the fact that it is a mystery without any explanation.

The fact it was there before the Nord and it has a giant Eagle Statue might be a hint it has something to do with Auri-El.

BUT the legends say it was there BEFORE the elves arrived. AND that the elves are afraid of it.

The Bird could also be a symbol of Kynareth ,but neither her or Auri-El are known to have anything to do with a forge.
>>
>>50196862
Atleast it's funny.

>>50197101
Boring.

>>50197532
Blandest shit ever.

>>50198632
Now that screams Hammerfell.
>>
>>50205625
Hegathe Lavamelon jam.
>>
File: 20161108150928_1.jpg (185KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20161108150928_1.jpg
185KB, 1024x768px
>ancient Nords had aqueducts
pretty interesting tbqhwy
>>
>>50201321
Remember the Silent Moons enchantment and the forge that was supposed to grant it...
Well not everything they put into the game was done.
>>
>>50204397
Yeah, Redguards could really use that light armor bonus. I also think Argonians should have +10 light armor instead of lockpicking.
>>
>>50204794
>Imps
That reminds me, where are the imps in TES?
>>
File: Nordwizard.jpg (3MB, 2550x3509px)
Nordwizard.jpg
3MB, 2550x3509px
>>50205250
Is that a river left of High Hrothgar? The perspective makes it look like High Hrothgar is near ground level. Or maybe it's a cloud that tongues are able to shape and walk on.

Wouldn't that be cool? Tongues using clouds for fast travel?
>>
File: skyrimshieldconceptart.jpg (987KB, 4124x1511px) Image search: [Google]
skyrimshieldconceptart.jpg
987KB, 4124x1511px
>>50205661
The Silent Moons enchantment is from another forge though.
>>
I hate how a lot of google image searches for TES stuff are polluted by the cancer that is 'skyrim confessions'. I'm just looking through interesting tags on tumblr and one out of 5 posts is this shit.

http://skyrimconfessionss.tumblr.com/post/66859460321
>>
>>50205706
A forge that had a lorebook dedicated to it.

Basically Bethesda did jack shit with the production stations in the game.
They didn't even make quests no matter how short for them nor did they allow you to forge special items as described for on these forges.

>>50205698
Graybeards going full Monkey King?
I can dig it.
>>
>>50205681
Assume you're talking about the fauna? They're in Oblivion. All over Cyrodiil, particularly in ruins and caves/mines. ESO plants then in other forested provinces as well I think.
>>
>>50205698
I do think it's a river, just the perspective doing tricks. I like the idea that there'd be a giant-ass river going through the tundra below.
>>
>>
>>50205625
Yokudan Shatterclams.

Gathered by only the best clam divers of the Yokudan peninsula, often with magical aid, Shatterclams are a sought after delicacy all over Tamriel. But the Shatterclam trade is controlled by Redguard trade companies, and most frequently (and affordable) eaten in Hammerfell's costal regions. It has a particular cultural significance to the Crowns.

The Shatterclam is so named for the curious fact that the clam's shell is very brittle, and easily splinters into a myriad of sharp pieces in the inexperienced diver's hand, spoiling the clam meat. Surprisingly enough, the clam seems unaffected by the pressure of the deep sea, and the infrequent (and dangerous) expeditions into the sunken ruins of old Yokuda will often report finding Shatterclams growing on sunken spires and towers.

The taste of a Shatterclam will vary depending on how deep it is harvested, with the greater depth giving the flavourful clam, but they are consistently smooth, sweet, and strong in smell.
>>
How come there's so much fan art of Morrowind that's just ordinary day people going about their lives?

I love it a lot more than images of Vivec getting CHIM everywhere or the LDB killing dragons.

Is it because Dunmeri culture is more fleshed out, but hardly illustrated in game?
Is it because Morrowind forces you to get immersed rather than let you gloss over everything?
>>
>Vivec's eyes are red and blue
>he sees everything like a 3d movie
deepest lore
>>
>>50205972
Skyrim doesn't need art of everyday life (wish there was more) because NPCs have all these routines and interactions. Morrowind's art shows us what the game is unable to do: NPCs that aren't just standing in one spot. And Morrowind, despite the NPC limitations, did flesh out the commoner life more.
>>
>>50205972
Both. Also Morrowind is just plain older.
>>
>>50205972
Because it tried to portray a cohesive world where people actually live in rather than a fucking theme park.

Also because it looks like hot garbage now and artwork does a better job at convening the world its trying to make than the game itself but that's basically on par for every bethesda game.
>>
>>50205972
Speaking of art:
>try to find nice art of khajiit/argonians/bosmer/orsimer/whatever
>the majority of the art is warriors in skyrim armour doing skyrim things
I just want nice art of normal people doing normal people things, or at the very least warriors dressed in their cultural garbs. For example, we have descriptions of Khajiiti clothes and armour, but good luck finding people who actually try to draw it. It' so rare.
>>
>>50206084
Think I can help you out. I'll dump what I have when I get home. Gods guide you.
>>
File: 1475505698837.jpg (93KB, 736x688px)
1475505698837.jpg
93KB, 736x688px
>>50206084
There's probs not a lot of beast race art for Skyrim, but there might be some for Morrowind and TESO, maybe some card art for Legends
>>
>>50190006
I want everyone to know that KRÜNCH would be pronounced "crynch".

Please stop umlauting words to make them seem exotic. Also stop it with å and o. We don't put dots and lines over and through or letters to make them more exciting, we invented new letters with their own sound to fit our language.
>>
File: 00D8-500x500.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
00D8-500x500.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>50206198
What the hell, Hiroshimoot? O. Ooooooooo.
>>
>>50206198
ok
>>
File: 1419859804362.jpg (313KB, 600x800px)
1419859804362.jpg
313KB, 600x800px
I dunno guys, I wasn't sold on ESO until I got to the argonian chick that sexually identifies as a crocodile and sends you out to kill a giant crocodile and cut out its heart, so she can do a ritual to transform herself into it and take its place among the swamp crocodiles. Then you set her loose on a bunch of bandits.

The Colonial Sanders lore isn't so bad, really.
>>
File: 1424547623656.jpg (96KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1424547623656.jpg
96KB, 450x495px
>>50206198
If Ü us pronounced like a y, then why did you have to make a new letter for it
>>
>>50206198
Whý äre ýöü being sö äütistic?
>>
>>50206198
Anon they just did it for fun.
Why are you getting upset by it?
I'm a German teacher and i don't care, it's just harmless fun.
You best stop feeding the trolls or you'll turn it into a meme.
>>
>>50206198
>Also stop it with å and o
I can't, I'm Norwegian.

>>50206206
>he doesn't know moot banned the o ages ago
How new are you?
>>
>>50206312
Why was it banned?
>>
>>50206322
moot and co. banned a bunch of unicode way, way back. Supposedly it was to prevent spamming. The ǿ was one of the things that got removed, for some mysterious reason.
That's how I remember it, anyway.
>>
>>50206296
>>50206307
Tolkien would be disappointed in you. Grammar and phonology is srs bsns!
>>
>>50206552
Not on a Beijing restaurant rating board.
>>
>>50206084
Try looking for TES art from before 2011, or before 2006 if you wanna filter Oblivion aswell.
>>
>>50206552
>Tolkien
Excuse me, this is the /shitting on Tolkien/ general.
>>
>>50206084
Alright, back home now. Enjoy. First up we have some good ol' tree sap
>>
>>50206766
>>
>>50206780
>>
File: altmer_by_smeha-d5c8eg2.jpg (205KB, 829x963px) Image search: [Google]
altmer_by_smeha-d5c8eg2.jpg
205KB, 829x963px
>>50206791
>>
>>50206799
>>
>>50206808
>>
>>50206820
>>
>>50206830
>>
>>50206842
>>
>>50206853
>>
>>50192625
It's funny that Khajiit are so into sweet things and sugar, seeing as real life cats can't taste sweetness at all.
>>
File: WZETFZb.jpg (532KB, 3000x2190px)
WZETFZb.jpg
532KB, 3000x2190px
>>50206869
And a Breton Knight to top it off. I'll drop what scenery art I have if anyone is interested.
>>
>>50206918
>breton
Anon...
>>
>>50192390
You can roughly copy various bodytypes. Roughly, there's three varieties- Quadrupeds (Housecat, tiger, HUGEASS TIGER), Fursuits (Humanfeet, digitigrade feet, small-humanfeet, small-digitigrade) and finally... Catgirl. Or catelf. They're supposed to look like wood elves with tails and ears.

That's because the khajit ARE wood elves, from what I can tell. Ones that did the Wild Hunt, turned into infinitely-shapeshifting monsters, and couldn't turn back until Azura tied their shapeshifting to the moons
>>
>>50206918
I'm pretty sure that is literally Ulfric.
>>
>>50206830
>Orc
>Noble Warrior
GET OUT OF MY LAND PIGFACE!
>>
>>50206931
>>50206965
Nope. Artist of the picture stated that it's a "breton knight errant"

http://tanathiel.deviantart.com/art/Memories-425756128
>>
>>50206961
>that theory
Absolutely heretical.
>>
>>50207003
>>50206918
He's probably more of a battlemage. I could see breton knights all knowing a bit of combat magic.

I don't think Destruction is a real magic school. It shouldn't be idealized as a combat school but as a magic school relating to energies, kinetic, thermal and electrical. Telekinesis, open lock/lock spells and such should be taken out of Alteration, and everything else out of Destruction, and both piled into 'Evocation'. Destruction mages prove me wrong.
>>
>>50206918
>white tree of gondor
>breton
>>
>>50206999
Right of conquest, manling.
>>
>>50207070
I'll conquest your Orsinium and wife but I'm not into bestiality so I'll just burn both.
>>
>>50207046
Holy shit, I honestly didn't notice that. Still, the artist labeled it as a Breton. Who am I to argue.
>>
>>50207070
>Says the pigface who never had a home

Warrior race my ass.

Go back into the mountains and shag your sister unless you are getting cuckolded by a Breton/Nord/Redguard/Imperial/Wood elf again.

And when they are done they will roast your ass and have some delicious P'orc.
>>
>>50207079
>redguards, bretons and holy orders team up to burn orsinium
>takes 30 years to take a single orcish city
>it just comes back somewhere else when they're done
Are you even trying?
>>
>>50207134
>Wood Elf
>cucking someone else
When has that ever happened? When have those merlets ever been anything but a joke?
>>
>>50207166

Well for starters Wulfharth being a Wood elf who was so badass Nords accepted him as one of their own and the fact that he became part of the Talos oversoul?

Yes stormcuck worship a Wood elf Warrior/Bretton Mage/Nord Thief.
>>
>>50207198
>Wulfy being Bosmer
>Arcty being Breton
Try again.
>>
>>50207166
Camoran Usurper.
>>
File: arenavalenwood.png (89KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
arenavalenwood.png
89KB, 640x400px
>>50101117
Arenanon can you still get that clean Valenwood screencap for me?
>>
>>50207251
>that was a week ago
Sorry, I totally forgot. Unfortunately I've left town of the weekend again, so I'll have to get it on Sunday.
Again, sorry.
>>
>>50207043
t. Berevar Bero
>>
File: vivec.gif (99KB, 540x540px)
vivec.gif
99KB, 540x540px
>>50207274
No hard feelings. I can't expect you to actually remember that kinda stuff as if it's some priority over real life stuff
>>
>>50207153
It's just conservatio, the old school type where hunters realized if they didn't stop killing all the game they'd run out of stuff to hunt.
>>
>>50206269
I think it's kinda like longer "y" and putting "yyyyy" in middle of words would make German look even more retarded than it already is. Not speaking German though, so I'm not sure.
>>
File: sounds.png (82KB, 933x781px)
sounds.png
82KB, 933x781px
>>50206269
I know this is a shitpost, but still.

Because 24 letters is by far not enough for all sounds used in many languages
>>
>>50205625
Yeah, I forgot to add wtaermelon.
>>
>>50205625
How does a giant locust even remotely scream Hammerfell? Or are you just another, "everything in TES is SUPER weird. Unless people are riding three headed geckos and shooting each other with plasma canons made from 8th dimensional lava squids, it's not canon." types.
>>
>>50208100
Nah, it just seems fitting as fuck to eat in some small village in dry, rocky highlands.
>>
>>50207198
Hjalti was the Breton anon.
>>
>>50194709
Of the existing DLCs, I think Orsinium is probably the one that tries the least to fuck over lore. Even the Dwemer, strange as it was, still got some respect.

Granted, trying to make Trinimac Worshipers out of orcs is odd, it still created an excuse for a pretty compelling story; and it actually made me feel bad for King Kurog. First time I ever regretted killing an orc
>>
I bring a gift.
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/5cf6qj/red_hot_sload_sex/
>>
>>50194709
>>50194741
>>50205393
>>50194990
That's not a dwemer. Don't jump into conclusions if you haven't played TESO or done the quest.
>>
>>50208890
Yeah, it's an altmer researcher, I asked.
>>
>>50208881
That was surprisingly good. Is the /r/teslore subreddit worth checking out then?
>>
>>50208890
TESO is shit, back to ribbit for you if you wanna jerk off to it.
>>
>>50208917
it wavers. there's some good stuff though, like
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/1wmxmm/the_wailways_of_old_cyrodiil/
>>
File: 1426731440453.jpg (283KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1426731440453.jpg
283KB, 528x528px
>>50208917
Not as good as /r/TrueSTL
>>
File: 600px-ON-npc-Gaiden_Shinji.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-ON-npc-Gaiden_Shinji.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>50208344
http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Gaiden_Shinji
Why does ESO have to do this shit?
>>
>>50208939

of all the things to go into damage control mode over, pointing out that the NPC everyone is spurging out over for not looking like a dwemer is not supposed to be a dwemer at all, is what triggers you?
>>
>>50208982
They're not that funny.
>>
>>50208982
Even MK approves of the content there.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueSTL/comments/514pcf/its_his_birthday_amen/d7pdrmv/
>>
>>50209009
They're hit or miss, 50% funny 50% cringey newfag trying too hard. Every once in a while they post a real knee slapper.
>>
>>50209025
How reasonable is the theory that Red Mountain exploding was at least partially her doing and the culmination of her revenge despite Vivec's attempts to throatfuck her into going away?
>>
>>50199329
>Did you try uninstalling the horsecock mods?
then what's the fucking point of playing at all?
>>
>>50208881
That was a good read
>>
>>50209072
He literally wanted Baar Dau to fall eventually
>>
File: pYexmXp.jpg (67KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
pYexmXp.jpg
67KB, 640x628px
>>50209072
I never trusted that bitch anyway
>>
>>50208881
T-wiz, do you browse TrueSTL?
>>
>>50209474
No, because >>50209009
>>
>>50208890
>>50208908
Phew, glad it's not an actual dwemer. Doesn't look too much like an altmer either though.

>>50208982
Is that a doujin edit? What's it from?
>>
>>50209674
> Doesn't look too much like an altmer either though.

Years underground will do that to you.
>>
>>50208983
Do what?
>>
>>50209674
The point was that years of being a paraplegic stuck in a chair with a steam punk text to speech device screwed him up in a lot of different ways.
>>
>>50208983
You're gonna have to be specific, what did they do to Gaiden that pisses you off so much?
>>
>>50208983
>Gaiden Shinji
I will never get over this stupid name
>>
>>50210120
What's your name? Probably Adam. Adam's a stupid name.
>>
>>50210120
Based Tedders tried to save it, and other Arena-era lore, by making it interesting.
>>
>>50210120
you fuckin' better because him having a weirdass japanese name is the only way my Imperial's name can make sense in the lore
>>
>>50208982
Almalexia doesn't know shit about CHIM. Just because she tapped the heart of lorkhan for power doesn't mean she's as 'enlightened' (which means insane) as Vivec.
>>
>>50210224
It didn't work well enough.
>>
>>50204246
I see no reason to think that. I'd imagine such traditional clothing would be designed to fit all forms of Khajiit.
>>
>>50210448
Not to mention that the smaller quadrupeds have natural telepathy and telekinesis- meaning they can still do things they'd normally need hands to do.

The larger ones aren't nearly as intelligent- they're kind of slow, really- though not to the point of being mentally disabled.

They're also used as soldiers, because of course, the hugest quadruped khajit are used as huge, heavily armored machines of war. Kind of like huge-ass bears, if bears could learn basic strategy and tactics, and wore goddamn full plate.
>>
>>50210412
trainwiz, if you really do get hired or are hired, will you make c0da canon?
>>
File: 36317-4-1369261282.jpg (746KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
36317-4-1369261282.jpg
746KB, 1920x1080px
>>50210581
The wailways will be canon.
>>
>>50210448
It's explicitly mentioned in the Pocket Guide that it's bipedal only.
>>
>>50210412
It's not my fault that you have shit taste, Trainboy.
>>
Tell me /tgesg/ I've been wanting to read the two TES books which came out not long ago (The Lord of souls and the Infernal city) but since I'm a poor european getting them would cost me a fortune, so does any of you have a PDF for the books or a link to get them ? Can you help a fellow fa/tg/uy in dire need of litterature ?
>>
>>50210782
It may be you with the shit taste no-name.
>>
>>50210762
The Pocket Guide also mentioned paper hako skiffs where people send their dead, and tons of ancestor worship in cyrodiil. Not to mention a jungle.
>>
>>50210303
Or maybe it can make sense because of the Akaviri. You know, the actual source of weeb in TES?
>>
File: item-57136-60-2.png (33KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
item-57136-60-2.png
33KB, 400x283px
>>50195901
ESO has its problems but fuck anyone that thinks the food items are wrong.
>>
File: robots.gif (964KB, 436x306px) Image search: [Google]
robots.gif
964KB, 436x306px
>>50210782
Sorry dude, but his name is Gaiden Shinji. Motherfucker sounds like he belongs in a deviantart poster.
Especially with the other Redguard naming conventions. He needs a renaming.
>>
>>50211077
It's obviously an akiviri name.
>>
>>50211093
That just makes him sound like a giant weeaboo.
>>
>>50211107
>This is my OC Gaiden Shinji he is the best blademaster and a redguard who made all the things and was taught by akavari to fold his katando five million times and slice the wheel he likes darkness and sadness and japan and hates vegetables and elves which are bad
>>
>>50211107
Well, he was around from the same time that the tsacsi (however you spell it) had just been kicked out of the entire continent, right? Maybe it's a cultural holdover. Maybe there are still people with super weaboo names hanging around.
>>
>>50211118
He's the only one and thus painfully sticks out.
>>
>>50208982
>>50209674
>>50210380
it's an edit of some tomb raider doujin, the original line was about the ranting of a virgin who doesn't know a thing about sex
>>
>>50211093
Actually lore wise Akaviri names are not like Gaiden Shinji.
Consider the names we know
>Savirien Chorak
>Versidue Shaie
>Sidri-Ashak
>Mishaxi
>Dinieras-Ves
>Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal
>Tosh Raka
>>
>>50211176
Huh.

Could it be Yokudan, then?
>>
File: ゲット外.jpg (48KB, 350x468px)
ゲット外.jpg
48KB, 350x468px
>>50211093
Somehow I doubt the Akiviris are named shit like Ryu Kensai.
>>
>>50211183
Well... no. You've seen Yokudan and Redguard names.
I'm confused why they didn't just retcon his name into something more appropriate like they did with other things.
>>
Wasn't there supposed to be a huge Samurai influence on Redguards?

It would be pretty cool if more Redguards had followed a similar naming convention.
>>50211220
Or even just say it's because he adopted the name or something. Would have been a nice detail considering that's not unheard of in Redguard culture.
>>
I have a question about an Argonian PC

How feasible would it be to be involved in the Great War AND the Argonian raids on Morrowind? Is the timeline reasonable?
>>
>>50211220
I agree. I mean, they did retcon a lot of other interesting shit just to make it so that they didn't need to actually work and make interesting environments after Morrowind, so why not retcon a bit more?

I'm still bitter about Oblivion.
>>
>>50211249
>Wasn't there supposed to be a huge Samurai influence on Redguards?

No, they are Moorish expies. The only samurai thing about them is how seriously they take their swords as seen in their sword singing...and maybe the fact that they nuked themselves.
>>
>>50211275
I recall that as something MK said. Moors with samurai influence.
>>
>>50211269
Honestly, not a lot is known about Argonian lifespans or even argonian births. It's implied that argonian babies are literally nonsentient lizards who are given souls and sentience through Hist tree sap, and are all connected to the Hist just by virtue of existing.

What I'm getting at is that it's not impossible that Hist recycle souls. Scoop up a dying argonian, pop them into a new babylizard. This would also account for the weird times argonian tribes have completely forgotten major events- the hist making *edits* while they're reincarnating them.
>>
>>50211269
There's about 150 years between the two. I
>>
>>50194500
Neat
>>
>>50211324
I would also go out on a limb and also suggest they have a bit of tribal african/islander influences with their pantheon. Perhaps Maori in that respect?
>>
>>50211339
So no?
>>
File: Jubal and Numidium Doodle.jpg (420KB, 997x964px) Image search: [Google]
Jubal and Numidium Doodle.jpg
420KB, 997x964px
Yo Trainman

Have you ever noticed the correlation between Dwemer settlements being in geologically active locations, such as volcanoes, mountain ranges, etc? Would it be too farfetched to theorize that the reason they are settled in those locations is both because of its remoteness from the rest of the world, and the fact that they need to tune into the clanking of the Wheels of Lull/frequency of Nirn in order to create resonant frequencies to do their Tonal Architecture experiments? I have spoken on this topic eons ago in these threads, but I didn't get too much feedback outside of a bunch of 'woah dangs' and 'well shits'
>>
>>50211411
I assume they also probably used geothermal activity for more mundane purposes- running huge-ass steam vents to power their dwemer stuff.
>>
>>50211409
Unless they're a potent magical man I'd say no.

>>50211411
I think the answer is a bit more obvious: They canonically use lava and geothermal bullshit in a huge amount of their works.
>>
>>50211442
This too, forgot to mention it. Ty.
>>
File: NMayByJ.jpg (110KB, 685x600px)
NMayByJ.jpg
110KB, 685x600px
>>50211444
But mountains, if we are going off anything based on irl physics (fine line), don't really have too much geothermal activity besides the ridge slowly pushing together over thousands of years. This is the basis of the theory that they are intentionally setting up in these areas just to 'tune in' to the frequency of Nirn. If they create a resonant frequency and further manipulate that sort of tonal denial of what is, it corresponds nicely to their entire philosophy, let alone the properties of their metal + misc other artifacts.
>>
>>50211115
A weabo nigger with shitty gear...

It's like poetry.
>>
File: vivec's shop 2.jpg (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
vivec's shop 2.jpg
1MB, 1440x900px
>>50211494
I can definitely see it.
I had the idea that dwemer metal was originally mostly bronze and brass, because those metals were more "earthly". Perverting them worked as a big fuck you to the divines.
>>
File: 1419098699365.jpg (84KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
1419098699365.jpg
84KB, 600x729px
>>50210902
>we have namefag fanboys now
It's official, we've become /tesg2/. It was fun while it lasted and I'll miss you lorebeards. Filtering the thread so I don't have to see it's slow decent into waifudom.
>>
>>50211639
My faith in Kynareth will guide me through this storm.
>>
What is the Legion presence in Argonia like?
>>
>>50211639
>people like trainwiz oh no

Welcome to... forever ago?
>>
>>50211750
Idk but I've always suspected it would just be around the borders of the province, with the inner of Black Marsh totally inhospitable for all other races sans Argonians to navigate.
>>
>>50211608
Would the dwemer even believe in the divines enough to hate them or would they just think that gods are spooks?
>>
File: Dagoth Ur Just Wants To Be Loved.jpg (569KB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
Dagoth Ur Just Wants To Be Loved.jpg
569KB, 1920x4320px
>>50211858
They don't believe the divines are divine in the godly sense, but they definitely don't like them.
>>
File: 1468720050426.jpg (116KB, 890x699px) Image search: [Google]
1468720050426.jpg
116KB, 890x699px
>>50211757
There's a difference between liking what someone does and "How dare you speak like that to my husbando, you don't even have name!" fanboyism
>>
>>50211943
I think you're overreacting
>>
>>50211176
Attrebus:
>One thing that has intrigued me are the descriptions given of the Tsaeci and the Maormer. Since I have not met these elusive races in person, how accurate are the descriptions?

Carlovac Townway:
>There are very old warriors, survivors of Uriel V's ill-fated invasion, and they told me what they saw. I stand by my descriptions that the Akavir Potentates were serpentine, not only in temperament, but in physical appearance. Even if I did not have witnesses, there are too many descriptions of them as snakes to assume that all writers used the same metaphor. There is much in Redguard history which suggests ancient connections to the Tsaesci as well. Not only are many of the greatest heroes clearly influenced by Akaviri as well as Redguard culture - Gaiden Shinji, for example - But the whole cult of Satakal and the dungeon called Fang Lair... It is too coincidental. We are a rare generation in Tamriel, when few of us have seen any denizen of Akavir. I suspect that we're lucky in that.
>>
>>50211976
Was that just Tedders trying to justify Gaiden Shinji's name anyway?
Which still didn't work out? They should have just renamed him. Shinji is a dumb name anyway.
>>
>>50211974
Perhaps, but waifufags are like furfags. Once you allow them a foothold in community they will multiply exponentially and usurp the old guard. Vigilance is a virtue.
>>
>>50212001
Yeah, that's definitely overreacting.
>>
>>50211995
>Shinji is a dumb name anyway
Sure, but he's mentioned too many times to just ignore, and trying to make something silly interesting is always better than just ignoring it.
>>
>>50212008
t. waifufag
>>
>>50211995
They should have made his name one he gave to himself, like a weeaboo.
>>
>>50212021
Don't be an aspie.
>>
>>50211639
>we have namefag fanboys now

We've always had those when it came to trainwiz, how new are you?
>>
File: Morrowind Days.jpg (434KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind Days.jpg
434KB, 1600x1200px
Does Vehks power come from the Heart, Chim or both. Like holding that big fuckin rock over the city, was it Chim or the power from the heart. What exactly can Chim and the Heart accomplish?
>>
>>50212001
You realize you're arguing with one of them, right? All you can do is stop replying to them, it doesn't help and just shits up the thread further.
Ignore and report, same as it's always been.
>>
File: sec-sama.png (56KB, 1230x386px) Image search: [Google]
sec-sama.png
56KB, 1230x386px
>>50212043
We need a Gaiden Shinji version of this.
>>
>>50212069
>implying
>>
>>50212081
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
Let's talk about the Elder Scrolls!

Are the Elder Scrolls only found in Mundus or are they spread through out the Aurbis?
>>
>>50212077
Heart mostly. He didn't CHIM it up until fairly late.
>>
>>50212077
His power comes from the heart, which is why he, like the rest of the tribunal, vanished/died after the events in Red Mountain. Chim doesn't give you inherent power- it gives you a new perspective from which to see the world, and perhaps let you manifest your power in new ways, but it isn't a 'level up' at all.
>>
>>50212107
You get one from the Soul Cairn, so spread out.
Or at least, they can be spread out.
>>
>>50212153
Can you mine elder scrolls?
What is the significance of moths, why are they so important?
>>
>>50212171
Moth screaming is a good way to read the scrolls.
>>
Anyone have that screencap/pasta about Dagoth Ur being a weird backward perversion that, instead of achieving CHIM, did something weird and backwards where instead of seeing 'I am part of God' like CHIM he sees it like 'God is part of I'?

It also had something about how people go to sleep and end up in the dreamsleeve, but because Dagoth is insane and backwards, when he's dreaming he ends up in Mundus?
>>
>>50212001
>>50212021
>trying this hard

Anon, you fucked up. Own up to it.
>>
File: dagoth ur explained.png (93KB, 1395x335px) Image search: [Google]
dagoth ur explained.png
93KB, 1395x335px
>>50212210
>>
So did Vivec achieve CHIM before or after killing Nerevar and rising to godhood?

The Sermons (though I have not read them all) suggest that Nerevar was still alive when he froze Lie Rock (Ministry of Truth) above Vivec city.

I'm a noob to Morrowind so I assume this 'Nerevar' is meant to represent the player's character
>>
>>50208983
Still waiting for an explanation anon. What didn't you like?

That they kept the name, that he wasn't a total douche? That he wore the game's Akavir style armor? What?
>>
File: 1454745164202.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1454745164202.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50210895
You're on your own for the other one.
>>
>>50212838
not that anon but with ESO in general I feel like the writers forget the concept that 'that which is unseen is more interesting'; they rape the lore by making real all these figures we know and love and have idealized in our minds. Its not good storytelling, its just selective storytelling via references to make a quick buck.

What makes TES so good is the same thing that makes Dark Souls so good; we just don't know enough stuff. Which is why we have these threads, to communicate and collaborate on theories about stuff. Fleshing it out officially kills it, because what isn't imagined is confined to the limitations of hardware, and is almost always inherently more boring than what you could've imagined.
>>
File: Moth_Priest.png (833KB, 600x1000px)
Moth_Priest.png
833KB, 600x1000px
What if they translated Elder Scrolls to braille? That way you can still read them when you're blind?
>>
>>50212297
Vivec is a lying manwhore, he achieved nothing except the deceitful murder of Lord Nerevar
>>
>>50213067
I can understand that, even if I don't agree. If anything I feel it is more compelling as it makes the past more believable, as you play out not just the old epics, but even the far simpler stories that get overshadowed and forgotten.

It makes the era feel more like it actually happened and less like some disconnected piece that you can only read or hear about.
>>
>>50213198
I can understand that, totally.

I think what that anon is getting at, or what I am getting at, is that they could've done the involvement of these ancient characters better. Sure legends get distorted, but if they keep that shit up, it can get to the point where the fanbase gets disconnected from the origin story, and in that, totally dissolves the suspension of disbelief for the player. I understand what u saying, but like Trainman Rockman said, they could've done it better.
>>
>>50213067
There's more problems with ESO. Mainly, all attempts at lore period.

God damn it, fantasy video games are all ABOUT making buildings out of poetry goddamnit. Fuckin' Morrowind's Ghostgate was made over thirteen years ago, and it's an ectoplasmic blue glowy shieldwall ward.

>captcha: Calle CHIMalhuacan
>Call CHIM! All'o'you can!
>>
>>50213257
Same anon. Your posts make me think MK fuckin made c0da for this purpose, to circumvent the canonical bearing of a branching MMO on the lore.
>>
File: Seht's Life.png (33KB, 668x629px) Image search: [Google]
Seht's Life.png
33KB, 668x629px
Sorry I haven't posted here in ages. I figured I should let you all know that stuff is changing over here and that the UESRPG train will soon be leaving the station again after a very long stop.

I'll have more details soon, and you all should be seeing me more often.
>>
>>50213290
C0da was just captain kirk's dunmerwank. Altmer are best elf, now and forever.
>>
>>50213419
Will /tgesg/ get its head out of its ass and finally play a successful campaign of UESRPG? Find out next time!
>>
>>50213464
yeah because they retroactively committed suicide via based pelinal
>>
>>50213499
>Pelinal
>based
oooh look at me I'm a dandy time-traveling terminator robot who mantled Shor, lemme smother a mofo with moths! lol, so randumb!
>>
>>50213591
>Pelinal
>not based
Spotted the elf.
>>
>>50213591
hey pisskin
>>
>>50213089
Traslating the scrolls without the sort of tech the dwemer had is almost certainly an exercise in fuitlity.

And might just strike the poor fuckers trying to translate shit blind.
>>
>>50212153
I'm pretty sure that shitty waifu vampire's mother took it there, I don't think it was in the soul cairne from the beginning.
>>
>>50212838
It's just another example of how ESO is incapable of letting the past stay in the past.

Gaiden Shinji has been dead for thousands of years. ESO has made a habit of throwing in these well known long dead characters 'because magic' and make them talk to the player so they think "omh it's *insert name here* that's so cool" and proceed to do absolutely nothing important with them. Not only does it cheapen the lore to namedropping but it cheapens the very idea of death within the TES universe.
>>
>>50212153
Speaking of the Soul Carin, what the fuck are the Ideal Masters? Daedra?
>>
>>50213089
That's like trying to build a sand castle on the sea floor.
>>
>>50214622
Necromancers of some sort who became Daedra like. It's all pretty vague, but they were once mortal.
>>
What exactly is The Wheels of Lull?
>>
File: mechanics de magnus.jpg (333KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mechanics de magnus.jpg
333KB, 1600x900px
>>50214729
The mod or the gears
>>
>>50214856
Yo Trainwiz, Millisecond Lavados is in the Dawnstar Inn, but I haven't started the mod yet. Should I be concerned?
>>
File: strider.png (42KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
strider.png
42KB, 1920x1080px
Plain Striders from Tamriel Rebuilt.
Are they canon? Lore friendly? Do you (dis)like them?
>>
>>50214914
Move him outside of the dawnstar inn.
>>
File: dagoth ur and CHIM.jpg (745KB, 1944x2584px) Image search: [Google]
dagoth ur and CHIM.jpg
745KB, 1944x2584px
>>50212210
>>50212266
Alternatively, this one that I posted in last week's thread.
>>
>>50214856
Both?
>>
File: wheels.jpg (141KB, 800x499px)
wheels.jpg
141KB, 800x499px
>>50215168
The Wheels of Lull is the term for the massive magimechanical system gears, machinery, and mathematics that lie deep beneath the world and serve as its underworks. The Wheels of Lull are the hardware of the world, that allow it to run without fucking up, and were created by Magnus. Sotha Sil later found them, and improved upon their designs and integrated his own ideas. This iteration is referred to as the Clockwork City, which is the massive complex/settlement that Sotha Sil created inside it.
The mod is the best quest mod out there.
>>
what exactly is """dwarven ore"""?
you should be able to answer this
>>
>>50215266
Several possible explanations:
a) Ore that is shorter than normal ore
c) Compressed dwemer armor and machinery that have over time, fossilized into a kind of slag that can be freely extracted
b) Compressed dwemer corpses that have, over time, fossilized into a kind of mineral that can be freely extracted
d) Stupid
>>
>>50215291
Given the distinction between Iron and High Iron, a stature-based explanation may prove more viable than initially thought
>>
Is there an Imperial Navy? I can't find any references to one, or does the Legion simply have boats?
>>
>>50215352
High iron is just iron originally found in Elsweyr
>>
>>50215363
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy
>>
>>50215394
>elderscrolls wiki
>>
>>50215452
Yeah yeah, but it still cites sources.
>>
>>50215363
I know in Skyrim the East Empire Co. has its own (legion equipped?) anti-piracy measures, but perhaps a proper navy was disbanded after the great war
Even the Katariah is its own thing crewed by the penitus oculatus without any real supporting vessels
>>50215452
not him, but the books cited seem to support the idea
>>
>>50215452
With UESP completely accepting all the ESO lore, it's not much better than wikia anymore.
Now it's all about the original sources.
>>
>>50215291
iirc Schick said somewhere that "Dwarven Ore" has its name because it looks kind of like the material the Dwemer used.
Backpedaling I'd imagine
>>
>>50215800
So it's the chinese knockoff version of tonal metal?
>>
>>50215716
I can't fucking understand why UESP includes ESO in everything when the loremeister has said that just because it's in ESO, that doesn't mean it will be in TES-prime.
>>
Next thread when?
>>
>>50217055
Because they are paid for this.
>>
>>50217086
Really? Where did you hear that?
>>
>>50217195
>>50217195
>>50217195

Move at strange angles.
>>
File: 6877527719_66c37af8d8_o.jpg (1MB, 4007x2725px) Image search: [Google]
6877527719_66c37af8d8_o.jpg
1MB, 4007x2725px
>>50190006
>No waifus or husbandos except for Adam
before the thread ends I want to show my admiration
RIP
>>
>>50217055
Adding onto this. Has ESO retconned any lore from the main series? Or just piled on extra shit?
>>
>>50213006
Thank you very much my good man
>>
>>50210895
>since I'm a poor european getting them would cost me a fortune
They sell the books in my local nerd store, and I live in Nowhere, Yurop.
>>
>>50211886
Dagoth Ur
>>
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
>>
I want to hug an elf.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.