[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 69

File: 1434322420641.jpg (70KB, 200x733px) Image search: [Google]
1434322420641.jpg
70KB, 200x733px
Horse People of the Bjoulsae River Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for Lord Bridwell
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa: >>50190006
>>
File: 1477090523887.jpg (2MB, 2025x709px) Image search: [Google]
1477090523887.jpg
2MB, 2025x709px
>>50217195
First for Glorious House Telvanni
>>
File: mai knightfu.jpg (155KB, 664x800px) Image search: [Google]
mai knightfu.jpg
155KB, 664x800px
>>
File: races_mw_argonian.gif (8KB, 191x137px) Image search: [Google]
races_mw_argonian.gif
8KB, 191x137px
What exactly did the Empire get out of having Black Marsh as part of it?
The Argonian Account, though fictional, presents it as a place unsuitable for plantations or industrialisation.
>Black Marsh simply was, is, and always shall be unable to sustain a large-scale, cash-crop plantation economy.
Even Imperialized infrastructure failed, with goods transport eventually returning to exploiting the natural phenomenon of the Underground Express
>>
>>50217521
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>50217629
Manifest Destiny, and a super prison smack dab in the middle.
>>
Migrating my question from the last thread cause I posted as it was dying.

Has ESO retconned any old lore from the main series? Or just added a bunch of stupid inconsistent fluff to their own game?
>>
>>50217595
>Tfw in Bumfuck nowhere, Texas
I wish I didn't have to drive for 30 minutes along a highways that's always under construction just to visit a comic book store. Drugs are easier to get here than nerd shit.
>>
>>50217629
>Black Marsh's position in the Third Era has been much the same as it has been throughout the other times in history. The Empire finds strategic benefit in holding the coasts, and keeps its most dangerous criminals in Blackrose and other dungeons closer to its interior.
>Black Marsh continues to be a "backward" land economically by Imperial standards. Most of the agriculture is grown by subsistence farmers, though recently more has been shipped abroad, of Tamriel. Banditry appears to be on the decline in recent years, with most criminal acts being perpetrated not by outsiders, but by natives, such as the "Naga" thugs of Argonian stock.
>>
>>50217629
The prestige of actually having all of Tamriel, better control on piracy in the region, taxes and tariffs, a prison colony, several important harbours and lizard tits.
>>
File: dree_ja_by_sudenjoiku-d4jj7iv.png (1MB, 1264x632px) Image search: [Google]
dree_ja_by_sudenjoiku-d4jj7iv.png
1MB, 1264x632px
>>50217595
Well lucky you, but in France I seem to need to go fuck myself if I want to read these books.
>>
File: CYwAbPetClI.jpg (46KB, 604x341px) Image search: [Google]
CYwAbPetClI.jpg
46KB, 604x341px
>>50217629
Tiber wanted to paint the whole map.
>>
>>50217723
Lizard tits are worth their weight in gold.

They help conduct magicka and brainwaves by diverting the flow of Daedrons, which is why the female lifestage of Argonians are more intelligent and better mages.
>>
>>50217629
As the others have said, the Empire never realy held black marsh anyway, and they wouldnt have wanted to either.

The coasts are always nice to have, otherwise there would be trade ports in tamriel not under imperial controll and piracy was rampant. So they shut that down.

Inner blackmarsh has no exportable cash crops or pretty much anything else of value that the argonians would give up. Its basically tamriels equivalent of Australia.

>>50217685
>retconned

The only thing beeing cyordiil, however that could be explained by CHIM working retroactiveley.
ESO actually has a book in it postulating that Cyrodiil was actually a jungle and there is a dungeon in which you go to a "past worldskin" Cyrodiil that is a jungle.
Also there is a jungle in the Blackwood so who knows.

>stupid inconsistent fluff

And some good consistent fluff too.
ESO gets a lot of flack for ignoring old lore when in reality it goes to autistic levels of preserving Daggerfall and Redguard era lore.

For example pic related from OP are actually featured in ESO, they do explain a little bit further as to what they are supposed to be. For one they worship a Mother goddess related to horses which is not a direct clone of one of the divines (could be Mara tho, or Kyne) and they supposedly originally came from Yokuda, but far earlier than the Redguards did.

Realy much of the hate for the games lore comes from the KFC guy and a lot of Lorumites not actually playing the damn thing.
That and /v/ like tendencies to hivemind about the topic.

>>50217827
No Lizard tits in Blackmarsh. Lizard tits are just a ploy by the Hist to make you find the Argonians more relateable.
Furries wanting to fugg Argonians are playing into the Hists hand, mark my words.
>>
>>50218207
If you are still noob-ish to TES lore, how badly would ESO lore set you back from the rest of the series?
>>
>>50218260
No game sets you back in the lore.

Not even Oblivion sets you back in the lore.
its not like ESO has anyhting particulary "wrong":
The biggest issue with ESO is that its budget means it has to conflate a lot of things.

For example you will not see non Indoril stuff in Morrowind, they only have the indoril portion of morrowind.
You wont see an awfull lot of black marsh either, only the morrowind border.

You also wont see more than two different khajiit subraces.

But that doesnt mean it will invalidate your lore knowledge since im fairly sure it wont teach you anyhting thats outright bullshit.

Just like the other games you should understand that the world is not limited by the games and that just because Narsis is not important in ESO doesnt mean that in a time when House Hlaalu is actually very important Narsis wouldnt be a huge city rivaling mournhold.

It realy is the same for all games. If you play Skyrim and think only the dragonborn and three other people use the Thu Um then you are also getting the lore wrong.
>>
>>50218207
Hey thanks. I wasn't aware that they were trying to take careful steps to preserve the lore. For context of my question I played ESO for about a year when it was released on PC so...2014? That was before I went full dive into the lore so I could run a campaign in it. Since then I haven't payed too much attention to ESO or the lore since I stopped playing it.
>>
>>50218419
the circlejerk about that game is strong. id say the lore is better than pre knights of the nine oblivion, not that thats any hard.

You wont get much good lores out of most of the EP and DC storylines.

AD has good things about Cannibal Bosmer lore, Maormer and about the Dro-mathra (Evil khajiit spirits from some old ass lore book), also you end up fighting the Anti-Mane on the Moon.

The good lore of ESO is almost all in the DLCs, specifically Orsinium which i cannot stretch enaugh is an amazing exposition of Orc culture and answers a lot of the things that made no sense in skyrim (such as:How do orcs populate when only the chief is allowed to marry, how do orcs have technology when all of them are just miners, what happens if orcs worship malacath as trinimac and not the other way around)

Game got a shit rep but lore wise its fine. Its still an MMO tho with all the faults that come with that. PvP can be pretty sweet of course.
Either way, dont listen to the /v/ Hivemind. When it comes to Bosmer, Inner Blackmarsh or Orc lore, ESO is a great resource.
>>
>>50217685
>Has ESO retconned any old lore from the main series?
Bosmeri Wild Hunts are the work of Hircine now.
The Chim-el-Alabal is now made from Lorkhan's blood.
Mentions of Ebonarm have been removed.
Khajiit subbreeds have been retconned.
The Green Pact is suddenly not so serious about that whole cannibalism thing.
Mane lore has been seven degrees of fucked (really, a lot of the Khajiit lore plain contradicts other lore, like naming conventions).
The transcription error.
Misplacing a river.
Also I'm like 50% sure that Orsinium's chronology is wrong, but I'll have to go check that.

Really, the worst thing for me is that the entire setting of the thing, I can't stand the Alliance War, and I have more hours and I should in ESO. Why couldn't they just place it during the Simulacrum or whatever?
It seems so incredibly strange that Tamriel suddenly had the greatest conflict in its history, with huge and improbable alliances, and then that's just never mentioned again, ever.
And the Khajiit lore, because it's just plain bad.

And I'm sure there's really good things in ESO as well, I just don't really care about the end result, the whole package, and I'd much rather discard all of it.
>>
>>50218469
>also you end up fighting the Anti-Mane on the Moon
I need to do this.
>>
>>50217629
Don't the Empire harvest tons of Argonian slaves? Seems like in several of the games the majority of Argonians met are doing slave labor.
>>
>>50218494
>Bosmeri Wild Hunts are the work of Hircine now.

Implied to be.
They are sitll associated with the chaos of the dawn era, as quite clearly seen with the datamined wild hunt models.

>The Chim-el-Alabal is now made from Lorkhan's blood.
This isnt new.

>Mentions of Ebonarm have been removed.
He has been replaced with the celestial Warrior, who might be one of the magne ge.
Say about it what you want, Ebonarm was a Beta tester of Daggerfall, i got no problem with them giving the nedic gods different identities.

>Khajiit subbreeds have been retconned.
Citation needed, unless you mean Elderscrolls Legend which made Phamar into humanoids.

>The Green Pact is suddenly not so serious about that whole cannibalism thing.

WRONG there is an entire questline dedicated to cannibalism and there is an entire zone dedicated to what happens when Bosmer dont follow the green pact.

>The transcription error.
Its one book that is beeing contradicted by another book from the same game.
you might aswell say that the examination of the Dragonbreak by Kuhlmann is "transcription erroring the dragonbreak" because it does it away as "bad scholarship"

>Misplacing a river.
You mean like in Skyrim where the Rift river 1. flows upwards and 2. Rifton has a harbour despite the river does not connect to anywhere else without having a huge waterfall cliff somewhere in between.

>Also I'm like 50% sure that Orsinium's chronology is wrong, but I'll have to go check that.
Or Orsiniums chronology was never correct in the first place since nobody gave a shit about recording Orc history.
There is plenty of lore that isnt great in ESO but orsinium is awsome. Ive not met a single lorebeard that disagrees in that regard.

>It seems so incredibly strange that Tamriel suddenly had the greatest conflict in its history, with huge and improbable alliances, and then that's just never mentioned again, ever.

Because they arent that huge. The aldmeri dominion is the only one that actually survives
>>
>>50218494
>Why couldn't they just place it during the Simulacrum or whatever?

I actually really like that idea. They could just use the arena district in IC as a frame for PvP. No faction restrictions needed which was one of ESO's biggest bad ideas from the get go. Provinces are becoming unstable and dangerous without strong imperial authority so plenty of adventuring work to be had. Provincial wars are popping up which means plenty of opportunities for mercenaries (additional PvP)

The more I think about it, the better of an idea it seems.
>>
>>50218623
>>50218494
Onthe size of alliances:

Ebonheart Pact: Two holds of skyirm, House Indoril and maybe parts of house redoran, a couple of argonian tribes and some freed slaves

Daggerfall covenant: Three former Breton Kingdoms, Orsinium and the Crowns.

The only realy large Alliance is the Aldmeri Dominion, which is also why it took Talos to eventually take them out.
The entire thing is no longer mentioned because the alliances of ESO are temporary, there most likley have been many other alliances untill Talos came about, remember its still around 500 years till that happens in a time that is characterized with a whole shitload of Wars going on.
Also note that the majority of the world doesnt give a fuck about the alliance war.

Look at ESOs gold coast, they bareley seem to notice, too stuck up in their own inner imperial strife. Same for abahs landing where they just appear to see the war as beeing good for trade.
>>
>>50218522
slavery is meant to be illegal in every province except Morrowind.
>>
>>50218522
>>50218671
Slavery in morrowind beeing ignored was one of the terms morrowind had.

In cyrod slavery is considered barbaric. Note that despite the roman aestheitcs, the empire is not rome.

In general TES should not be seen as antiquity or the middle ages, in many ways TES is incredibly modern, maybe not always in sensibilities but simply in the age of their culture.
the medieval look mostly comes from the fact that magic exists and makes much technological advancement pointless.
>>
File: DSC_0695.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0695.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>50217226
>>
>>50217724
Really? Polish here and books are usually one of the few actually decently priced products here.
>>
Is there a source about Dunmer Marriage-Customs and if they have Divorces?
>>
>>50218207
This, my main issue with ESO is not that they don't care about lore, but rather that it feels very overcrowded and over the top at times. When almost every single village or interesting place has some kind of ancient evil or other great threat that you have to beat it quickly becomes absurd.
>>
>>50218806
Check this out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/4nlwqw/dunmeri_wedding_customs_marriage_among_the_dunmer/
>inb4 teslore
>>
>>50218847
>>inb4 teslore
not here
>>
>>50218854
what's wrong with it? too much fanwank? Or is this just the usual reddit boogerman behavior?

this is a honest question
>>
File: psychedelicpepe.gif (185KB, 195x200px) Image search: [Google]
psychedelicpepe.gif
185KB, 195x200px
>2nd thread
>>
>>50211155
Do you have the source though? :^)
>>
>>50218886
I meant that reddit is not that frowned upon in this general, check the OP
>>
>>50218797
Yeah, all the books costs quite a lot but if you want to get something that isn't translated or was barely distributed you're just fucked
>>
>>50217521
looks like colonel sanders the loremaster
>>
File: DagothUrGetsBullied.jpg (2MB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
DagothUrGetsBullied.jpg
2MB, 1920x4320px
>>50210120
It's a little relic from Arena times that is fun to reference every now and then in books. But I agree that he's not a character you should actually show ingame.

>>50211035
I actually dislike how they simply use real-life dishes and actually use the real-life names for it, stuff like borscht. I dunno, it doesn't feel very TES to me.

>>50211269
That's give or take 170 years of difference. If you're a vampire or a really good mage that's easy to explain though.

>>50211750
Read the argonian account. Argonia has secceded from the Empire already, but when it was still part of it, legion influence didn't go very far.

>>50211886
Fixed that for you as far as I could with my paint skills. Because I'm technologically illiterate it somehow ended up being 2 MB.

>>50212082
Seconding this.

>>50214963
>canon?
no
>lore friendly?
yeah
>do you like them
yeah, I can imagine them having a lower build in plains to eat low-lying vegetation, or whatever the fuck it is that silt striders eat
>>
>>50217724
poor squat form, lizard, your heels need to be flat

also, does anyone else use gloves and keeps an iron dagger on him when harvesting ingredients?
>>
>>50219045
He's just not slavic enough to do that.

And to answer your question, no, I don't usually roleplay when I play TES games, shame on me I guess.
>>
>>50218623
>Implied to be.
Do you want an undeniable Great Hunt-related retcon then?
Because Online has a version of Chimere Graegyn's journal (from Battlespire), where the name of Hircine's hunt has been changed from Wild Hunt to Great Hunt.
Not to mention that the book was written in 3E 172, but is still in ESO for some reason.

>This isnt new.
It absolutely is. Find me a single source from before ESO that says the amulet is Lorkhan's blood.
There's rather multiple texts that state that it's Akatosh's blood.

>He has been replaced with the celestial Warrior
It's still a retcon, as the word "Ebonarm" has been retroactively removed from texts. Check out "From The Memory Stone of Makela Leki".

>WRONG
Calm down m8.

>Citation needed
Hunal's Interview.

>You mean like in Skyrim
The fact that Skyrim did something wrong doesn't mean it's okay to do the same.
And I'm talking about the Xylo.

>Because they arent that huge
Yeah, they are. And I was talking about the size of the conflict.

You like ESO, and that's okay, but you need not defend everything about it. Part of liking something is accepting all parts of it, like the times where ESO legitimately retcons things, like editing texts.
>>
File: arenablackmarsh.jpg (102KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
arenablackmarsh.jpg
102KB, 640x400px
>>50217734
This is probably he most autistic nitpicking you'll ever hear but that left map of the Netherlands is incorrect as the 'Flevoland' province didn't exist at that time. We reclaimed a whole province out of the sea.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flevoland
>>
>>50219072
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2rGlwOzLnI
>>
>>50218833
Yeah thats a big issue with it beeing an MMO, they only had so much time for world design so basically every sinlge town had a questline attached to it.
Id say its a little less ridiculous in the AD zones compared to the EP zones (primarily because the EP zones were done first when the game was still gonna be a WoW clone)

>>50218847
>>50218854
>>50218886
Reddit Boogieman.
But this is TES lore, the community is already fractured as is, even tho i get mad at the reddit community a lot for not posting about anyhting but Stormcloak wank, there are some talented people there.

Recently some former Secunda Project guys have been posting some of the lore on Reddit so thats not bad.
>>
>>50219118
>Recently some former Secunda Project guys have been posting some of the lore on Reddit
Please elaborate.
>>
>>50219045
>>50219061
>implying Argonians arent the slavs of TES

An Xileel are russia rising.

>>50219068
>Wild Hunt to great Hunt
Wouldnt that imply tha the wild hunt is NOT tied to Hircine?
Which lore wise makes much more sense?

>you dont need to defend everything

i dont, i just disagree with the parts you mentioned.
I have plenty of things i dislike about ESO such as Narsis beeing an Indoril city rather than haivng Hlaalu architecture or simply Black Marsh not having enaugh weird creatures.

But the part about the Bosmer just pisses me off because it gets parroted so ofthen and its blatantly false.

>Retcons

I have to agree, then again i wonder if thats neccesarily a bad thing.
But yes, a retcon it is.

Im just fucking sick of the /v/ circlejerk about how ESO rapes the lore when in reality it doesnt rape the lore any more than Oblivion or Skyrim did.
Or Morrowind if you consider Daggerfall lore to be important (which you shouldnt)

>>50219133
The IRC chat the Secunda Project was on disbanded a while ago due to the service beeing terrible and members of the team having real life shit to do.
Now its been revived on a Discord channel and all that Old lore that was created is beeing unearthed and slowly posted on lore related platforms.
>>
>>50219154
>everyone who disagrees with me is part of a circlejerk
Or even:
>circlejerks cannot have legitimate grievances about something
Tune down that fanboyism.
>>
>>50219072
>This is probably he most autistic nitpicking you'll ever hear but that left map of the Netherlands is incorrect as the 'Flevoland' province didn't exist at that time.
>tfw this exact same thing was your first reaction when looking at the pic
autismalbros
>>
>>50219154
Now I want to see slavs argonians doing slavs argonians things
>>
File: skywindvivec.jpg (183KB, 1024x673px) Image search: [Google]
skywindvivec.jpg
183KB, 1024x673px
What other cool province mod projects heavy on lore do we have? I'm not actually interested in the projects themselves, I just like checking out their concept art.

I already know about Project Tamriel and Tamriel Rebuilt. Skywind also has some interesting concept art.
>>
Imagine if Todd hired some good writers for ES6
>>
>>50219206
You might want to check out Beyond Skyrim.
>>
>>50219208
Well, KK is still there. And Nesmith's okay.
>>
>>50219206
as mentioned beyond skyrim, i think there is also an alternative to Tamriel Rebuilt trying to create Cyrodiil in Morrowind, i forgot what the project was called but they got some pretty cool stuff, tho they mostly use assets from the main game and dont do a lot of their own meshes.
But not every project can have the support of TR or Skywind.
>>
>>50219254
> i think there is also an alternative to Tamriel Rebuilt trying to create Cyrodiil in Morrowind
Are you talking about Province: Cyrodiil? Althogh in this case
> they mostly use assets from the main game and dont do a lot of their own meshes
is total bullshit.
>>
Is there an explanation for Khajiit fur patterns?
Is it jut a genetic thing?
>>
>>50219274
>"Yes," Cherim said with another grin. "You see the small figure of the Khajiit stealing the rings off the dead Wood Elf? His back is facing you, but he has a brown and orange striped tail like Cherim's. Cherim does not say that all stereotypes about the Khajiit are fair, but Cherim must sometimes acknowledge them."
Apparently fur patterns are semi-unique and you can sometimes identify Khajiit by it.
>>
>>50219254
Skyblivion
>>
File: Tribunal.jpg (391KB, 1200x1521px) Image search: [Google]
Tribunal.jpg
391KB, 1200x1521px
>>50219208
Aperently this picture was comissioned for Tribunal
>>
>>50219285
Unknown, but likely genetic. Breed might also be involved.
Those without fur often get tattoos that look like fur patterns.

>>50219399
I've become increasingly fond of cheesy fantasy art over time.
>>
>>50219399
I imagine that there's a world where TES never evolved beyond Arena and this is exactly what it looks like.
>>
>>50219409
>>50219285
>>50219274
Its also tied to the lunar lattice.

Some breeds always look more like tigers for example.
tho im not an expert on khajiit lore.
>>
>>50219399
I love old metal fanarts like this. I'm having a hard time figuring out what scene is this exactly supposed to be though.
>>
>>50217724
I believe The Infernal City is the only one translated in cheeserunes at that point. If you don't mind reading in english then amazon is your friend.
>>
>>50219583
>reading translations
>when you can read english
>>
File: 20161113075650_1.jpg (304KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20161113075650_1.jpg
304KB, 1280x1024px
>walk always in the light or we will drag you to it!

These lads get my paladin boner raging.
>>
>>50219677
i wish they were more competent.

in all the quests related to the vigilantes they get messed up by daedra or vampires.

I wonder do they tolerate at least Meridia worshippers?
>>
>>50219530
ITs not fan art. it was comissioned *by* Bethesda.
>>
>>50219438
I'd actually totally be on board for a setting that's basically Elder Scrolls if Redguard hadn't happened and it had continued in the Daggerfall-Battlespire direction. It would be something quite else, but it would be fun.

>>50219725
No, they're firmly anti-Daedra, with no exceptions. Being products of the Oblivion Crisis, it's sort of understandable.
>>
>>50219651
I personnaly don't mind, but obviously the guy I answered does. Besides there is a limit to how much I can percieve some subtelties in english, for some very harduous reads i don't mind a proper translation. It all depends you english level, if anon is more comfortable with a translation its his right, you don't have to decide for others, man.
>>
>>50219399
The cancelled Tribunal game or the Morrowind expansion?

>>50219530
The same scene you can see in the center of the plaza Brindisi Dorom. The fight between Mehrunes Dagon and Almalexia.
>>
>>50219583
I have no problem with reading in english but paying 40€ for a 3$ dollars book in occasion kinda bother me
Also
>cheeserunes
Made me kek
>>
>>50219821
So, more games were planned during Daggerfall's creation, and right after Daggerfall came out, Bethesda started working to three projects all at once.
The project that would eventually warp into Morrowind was called originally a Daggerfall-style game called Tribunal that was supposed to be set in Summerset. That image must be from around that time.
>>
>>50219805
Actually being the guy you answered to I don't mind, I even prefer to read texts in their original languages whenever I can, but if I can't find a book in original version I fall back on the translation
>>
File: 1420798257928.png (28KB, 309x266px) Image search: [Google]
1420798257928.png
28KB, 309x266px
>>50219725
>Meridia worshipers
>>
File: 1418670560109.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1418670560109.png
3KB, 192x192px
>>50219409
>>50219757
I honestly wish the series still somehow kept the 90s RPG Daggerfall aesthetic instead of going from alien-like to generic overdesigned fantasy.

I miss the times when you could have a world where colorful flowy clothing is the norm, wizards and vampires are sexy dudes with large face concealing hoods and glowing eyes, khajiit are tattooed catgirls, and priestesses are half naked sluts.
>>
>>50220025
Battlespire is sort of the sweet spot for weird as hell and still very 90s.
>>
Can someone explain why people believe in a 'flower petal kalpa model', where all of the Kalpas happen at once and have a definite end?

I swear Paarthurnax specifies that the world resets after the Kalpa ends.
>>
>>50220025
I miss the style of putting a coat on over armor, fucking aesthetic as hell.
>>
>>50220137
>wearing a dress under breastplate under a robe with a cloak and a cape on your back
My battlemage will never get cold.
>>
>>50219677
Where's the Kynareth Order? Are they like hippies that chain themselves to trees to stop them from being cut down?
>>
>>50220311
Check Bloodmoon's Fryse Hags.
>>
Are the original vampires undead like all other vampires or some form of Daedra?
>>
>>50220261
Wishing there was a way to just dress up a character without having to actually play Daggerfall and get the equipment.
>>
>>50220382
Read Opusculus Lamae Bal ta Mezzamortie.

>>50220393
>not wanting to play Daggerfall
>>
>>50219854
Wasn't Oblivion the one that was originally slated to be set in the Summurset Isles? That's what I remember from the interviews and stuff at the time, after Daggerfall was successful.

>tfw got Daggerfall for Christmas that year and at least six months of life were consumed on buying houses and not following the main plot
>>
>>50220552
No, that was Tribunal.
>>
>>50217685
A little while ago I decided to make a list of books from previous games that are featured in ESO even though they shouldn't be. I rather quickly came to the realization that rather than being oversights on the part of lazy devs, many of the books were in actuality retconned to 'fit' the setting.

link
http://pastebin.com/HmrPgcmG
>>
>>50220552
What about Romanelli?
>>
>>50220583
What *about* Romanelli?
>>
>>50220552
iirc it goes like this

Elder Scrolls II was originally planned to be set in Mournhold and likewise called "Mournhold."
Elder Scrolls III was originally planned to be set in Sumurset and caller "Tribunal."

Both these plans were quickly scrapped.
>>
>>50219068
>Find me a single source from before ESO that says the amulet is Lorkhan's blood.
1. Akatosh is Lorkhan
2. There have always been conflicting accounts of how the Chim-el Adabal was created, from the Alessian "Akatosh gave it to me" or even the "Pelinal brought it/it actually is Pelinal" to the Ayleid "we totally made it ourselves."

>Hunal's Interview
As far as I remember he only says that people like to exaggerate. This is leaving it painfully vague so as NOT to invalidate anything.
>>
>>50220573
>nine divines referenced in ESO book
How lazy.
>>
File: 1266697213_fullres[1].jpg (460KB, 1281x720px) Image search: [Google]
1266697213_fullres[1].jpg
460KB, 1281x720px
>>50219399
>>50219530
>>50219821
>>
>>50220114
The end of one kalpa is the start of the next kalpa, or, at least, you can think of it that way.

The main point would be that every Dawn is the same Dawn. Shor is the son of Shor, even if it's a new Shor.
>>
>>50220573
that shit is fucking embarassing
>>
File: eawMRR7.gif (339KB, 423x386px) Image search: [Google]
eawMRR7.gif
339KB, 423x386px
>tfw no argonian skin boots
>>
>>50220720
stupid chaikaposter
>>
>>50219068
>Find me a single source from before ESO that says the amulet is Lorkhan's blood
Amulet of Kings ≠ Chim-el Adabal
The Red Diamond had originally been in the possession of the Ayleids, hence White-Gold Tower.
It being made of Lorkhan's blood actually makes a lot of sense and is one of the few things I'm happy ESO made lore.
>>
File: rimmenfanart.jpg (540KB, 879x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rimmenfanart.jpg
540KB, 879x1200px
This is pretty dope

https://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/2638-the-pantheon-of-elsweyr/
>>
>>50220644
>Ah, hairless ones. What imaginations they have! The simple answer is yes; it is absolutely true that theja-Kha'jaydetermines a Khajiit's furstock, or 'breed,' as some say. However, the extent to which we catfolk vary in size has been exaggerated in certainImperial sources. During theRemanConquests, when the Cyrodiilswere seeking justification for invasion of the Khajiiti kingdoms, we were tagged with the epithet 'beast-men,' and propaganda was spread emphasizing our similarities to our cousins of lesser sentience. For what could be wrong with liberating a fertile land such as ours from lowly 'beast-men'? Indeed, curious one, there are truly seventeen distinct furstocks of Khajiiti, but do not be taken in by the exaggerations of Imperial propaganda.
Do I need to explain why this is nonsensical?
>>
>>50218899
http://g.e-hentai.org/s/904581a96e/298975-2
I wasn't able to find it because I was wrong about the subject, but found it after someone else corrected me
>>
>>50220813
Nice, but too many humanoids. With how many forms Khajiiti have, I think they would imagine at least third of their divines as non-humanoid cats.
Not just Mechrunes.
>>
>>50220831
Or Khajiit are literal beastmen and this is simply a khajiit perspective on things.

Khajiit of course would not compare themselves to cats.

An Ohmes is not a House cat. A senche is not the same as a sabretooth tiger form Skyrim.

thats the whole point here.
>>
>>50220720
Argonian skin boots and belt
Khajiit fur coat
>>
>>50220839
That was dissapointing.
>>
File: 1425743485794.jpg (115KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425743485794.jpg
115KB, 370x500px
>>50221116
Hentai usually is
>>
>>50219002
Does it cost a lot to get it online?
>>
>>50221160
Do we have Almalexia porn?
>>
>>50220644
Different guy here, and I don't care about whose blood the Chim-El-Adabal is made from, but Akatosh is not Lorkhan. They're heavily intertwined, yes, but they are different beings, otherwise when Talos ascended during his mantling of Lorkhan, Akatosh would've been mantled and replaced too.
>>
File: Lady_Brisienna.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lady_Brisienna.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
>>50220025
>the series still somehow kept the 90s RPG Daggerfall aesthetic instead of going from alien-like to generic overdesigned fantasy.
I thought many people here believed 90s RPG Daggerfall aesthetic is "generic fantasy".

>a world where colorful flowy clothing is the norm, wizards and vampires are sexy dudes with large face concealing hoods and glowing eyes, khajiit are tattooed catgirls, and priestesses are half naked sluts
I would like that in modern TES games or games in general. Some still do this but most want to go for the grim/dark/harsh and full of brown because it has to be "serious" and """immersive""".
All the dark aestetics should be for the isolated areas and dungeons.
Settlements should be full of color and life.
>>
>>50221428
Lorkatosh has actuallly been a big theory in the lore community for a while and C0DA didnt realy help with the whole "akatosh becomes lorkahns heart" thing.
>>
>>50221428
It's already way more complicated than, I think, anyone really fully understands. The Akatosh we know is already an artificial being created for the sole purpose of supporting the Empire by a secretive Imperial monkey illuminati, who is based on a syncresis between Merish and Nordic faiths. This process basically involved putting a sheet over Shezarr and calling it a dragon. I mean, it's might be where every single other divine comes from too. The Magne-ge even showed up, and that means shit is going down. Last time that many of them got together was probably when they created Mehrunes in Lyg.

What were we talking about again?

>is it any wonder that the Time God would hate the same-twin on the other end of the aurbrilical cord, the Space God?

Akatosh/I AM = Lorkhan/I AM NOT

>Closer. Lorkhan’s heart-hole isn’t a cage at all. Or maybe it is. Akatosh, Time-Dragon, First Born, begins to eat his tail.

Basically, I'm of the opinion that AKA and LKHAN in their most base form are and always have been exactly the same being. AKA was what it was when "ensnared in the temporal writings and erasures of the acausal whim that he begat by saying "I AM" and LKHN was what it was when it saw the Wheel.

Also, basically, I'm pretty sure MK just out and said they were. It makes too much sense, and this isn't even going into how simply it explains all of the Trinimac Boethia stuff.
>>
>>50221515
Sorry, this post is a mess, but I just get way too excited about this kind of thing.
>>
File: aka-tusk and lorkhan.jpg (592KB, 1855x3300px) Image search: [Google]
aka-tusk and lorkhan.jpg
592KB, 1855x3300px
>>50221515
>>50221537
I'm with you for a bit there, up until you say I AM = I AM NOT. I was always of the opinion that this image posits, that Akatosh and Lorkhan were intertwined and Lorkhan's death is what caused time to happen. I also remember something else mentioning how the two are the corrupted subgradients of Anu and Padomay, or Anuiel and Sithis or whichever one is right above them, thus being opposed figures in the IS/IS NOT dynamic, making it sound weird if they're the same being.
>>
File: reachmanhouse.jpg (331KB, 1024x665px) Image search: [Google]
reachmanhouse.jpg
331KB, 1024x665px
What superstitions are there on Tamriel?
Only one I can think of is Nords not liking to kill wolves because one of them might be Sai.
>>
>>50221637
That part I just now came up with while reading the "Eat the Dreamer" text again.

>he begat by saying "I AM"
This starts everything; permanence, time.

At the same time, we have
>He saw the Tower, for a circle turned sideways is an “I”. This was the first word of Lorkhan and he would never, ever forget it.

He comes to a realization, the concept of CHIM (which, as an et'Ada, doesn't account for much outside of theory).

So, realizing this, you add a NOT to I (AM).

>That any Creation would become so utterly dangerous because of that singular fear of a singular word's addition: "I AM NOT"?

Of course, CHIM is I AM + I AM NOT, just as AKA/I AM + LKHN/NOT = Lorkhatosh.

Either way, the contemporary Imperial "Akatosh" is basically just Auri-el with bits of Shezarr welded on.
>>
>>50221637
Oh, and another thing: I'm not sure that the significance of the number 8 during the Dance of the Selectives has anything to do with fragments of Akatosh, but rather the creation of the rest of the auxiliary Divines in the first place (Mara, Zenithar, etc.)

They are described as "stars falling" and we know that the Magne-ge visit the Mundus during Dragon Breaks, which was what the Middle Dawn was. Other sightings of the Magne-ge are described with star imagery, such as Mnemoli the Blue Star.

>Mnemoli the Blue Star, who is associated with un-time events, and was said to be visible even in the daytime sky at the time of the Dragon Break.

So, like I said, I don't think we fully understand what was going on here at all.
>>
>>50220883
You double N'wah, read what Hunal is saying.
>the extent to which we catfolk vary in size has been exaggerated in certain Imperial sources
Meaning, Khajiit are not as varied in size as most people think they are.
However, some of our most important sources on Khajiiti size are Khajiit themselves (chiefly Jobasha). And all Imperial sources we have are entirely consistent with Khajiiti sources on this issue.

Not to mention the fuckery in this text:
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Moon_Cats_and_their_Dance

Really, just about everything by Hunal is different levels of bad, like how Lorkhaj's corpse is now a fourth moon, which isn't really consistent with pre-ESO lore either. Kind of breaks with the whole point of the ja-Kha'jay if Lorkhaj's not just beyond creation. I'd say it's even debatable if Lorkhaj is really "dead" in Khajiiti faith.
>>
File: bravil.png (2MB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
bravil.png
2MB, 1400x788px
>>
File: 12412343535.jpg (81KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
12412343535.jpg
81KB, 500x282px
>>50221471
Was. Not so much anymore. Got overtaken a long time ago by swords that look like novelty paddles and armor sets that look like the artist started drawing and then never fucking stopped.
Generic fantasy is now colourless, gritty, depressing, sexless, and basically devoid of any fun whimsical elements. Which is ironic if you think about it.
>>
>>50219725
>implying that Merida is a "good" daedra

Haha no.
>>
File: 2016-11-13_20-23-11.png (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-13_20-23-11.png
74KB, 640x480px
>>50221471
I would love it if new TES games would let me dress in colourful, fancy clothes, layer cloth and armour, and let me shoot fireballs from my tits.
>>
File: Valenwood.png (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Valenwood.png
29KB, 640x480px
Hey Mapanon, I got you that unmarked Valenwood map.
>>
File: bretonarmor.jpg (75KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bretonarmor.jpg
75KB, 607x1080px
>>50222478
I appreciate simple designs sometimes. But when you have something extremely overdesigned and try to make it gritty it looks awful.

>>50222479
If vigilants of Stendarr are utilitarians they might not hunt Meridia worshippers too hard.
>>
File: arenaelsweyr.png (385KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
arenaelsweyr.png
385KB, 640x400px
>>50222624
Yes! Thank you! That grey mound is Selene's Web, right?
>>
>>50222680
And the vigiliants would be fools and hypocrits to show those worshipers mercy.
>>
>>50222313
>Meaning, Khajiit are not as varied in size as most people think they are.

Says a guy.
ESO has many writers and there are many conflicting in universe theories going on. Yes conflicting even those that were all coming from ESO. The most famous one beeing the "Transcription Error" one versus the "Jungle was a definitive reality" one.

I just dont think its worth getting much upset about that remark.

>lorkhaj

Note that Lorkhaj, Jone and Jode were never the same thing in Khajiiti religion and Jone and Jode as seperate entities were ofthen cited as a counterpoint to Lunar Lorkhan.

For what its worth in ESO Khajiit seem to disagree with themselves a lot especialy with the "Fourht moon" bit, you do go to the Den of Lorkhaj afterall. The thing with the "Fourht moon" there however is probably a direct response to a fan theory that came out of a graphic bug in morrowind.
The idea that there is a darkness stretching over the moon (the "fourth moon", so to speak) that you can see through.

Wether or not Lorkhaj is dead in Khajiiti faith is something i wouldnt see as neccesarily a question that needs to be answered. "Dead" is a fairly relative term for gods.
>>
MAKE WAY
>>
File: 2016-11-13_20-41-42.png (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-13_20-41-42.png
49KB, 640x480px
>>50222695
Yeah.
>>
>ywn have a full game set in an expanded shivering isles where the Sheogorath that is also the Champion of Cyrodiil and the Divine Crusader starts doing crazy lorkhanic shit with you as his apprentice
>>
>>50222721
I love those eye slit designs, they fit so perfectly with the rest of the aesthetic that has been invented up for yokudans and their descendants.
>>
>>50222710
>I just dont think its worth getting much upset about that remark.
It just goes in line with the many bad turns Khajiiti ESO lore has taken, which was the single greatest disappointment for me while playing the game.
I don't think this is okay, and multiple writers is no excuse. It's these guys job to write lore, so I'm within my right to demand quality.

>Note that Lorkhaj, Jone and Jode were never the same thing in Khajiiti religion
Yeah, I know my Khajiit mythology. My knowledge of that is why I find it ill-fitting for Lorkhaj to be associated with the ja-Kha'jay in the way Hunal and ESO Ahnissi portrays it.

>Wether or not Lorkhaj is dead in Khajiiti faith is something i wouldnt see as neccesarily a question that needs to be answered
I'm not talking about what it means for a divinity to be "dead", I'm talking about how the Khajiit perceive him. Because while he has his heart ripped out, Lorkhaj is never really referred to as dead in pre-ESO Khajiit texts, but once ESO's out it's suddenly "Dead Moon" and "Corpse Moon" and all that jazz.
>>
File: 6877597993_6b0ba21672_o.jpg (1MB, 2511x2850px) Image search: [Google]
6877597993_6b0ba21672_o.jpg
1MB, 2511x2850px
>>
File: 1475500985481.jpg (72KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
1475500985481.jpg
72KB, 1024x748px
Are there any races besides the main playable "civilized" races that aught to be statted up for a TES game? D&D has always loved dropping stats for things like goblins and dryads for PCs, but would goblins/falmer or spriggans have any place in a TES tabletop? Or at the least specific regional groups that are distinct from the big ones, such as possibly considering Reachmen to be distinct from Nords or Bretons?
>>
>>50221726
>Sai

i do not know this story. Explain.
>>
>>50222963
Totally. I made a list once.

Giants, ogres, goblins, harpies, lamia, hagravens, all sorts of daedra like Dremora, Mazken, Aureals, Imga, Lilmothiit, Sload, spirggans and Falmer, heck, even skeletons. That's just off the top of my head. Then you have other Mer, like the Maormer, plus all of the different Argonian tribes and Khajiiti forms.

Culturally you have Colovia and Nibenay, plus the Reachmen as you mentioned, any many more.
>>
>>50223103
Oh, and minotaurs, of course. More than anyone else.
>>
>>50222963
Reachmen and maybe Direnni as regional variants. Argonian and Khajiit variants. Maybe types of Daedra.
Maormer, Falmer, Chimer, Kothringi, Lilmothiit, Sload, Ayleid, Imga, Draugr, Chimeri-quey, Men-of-Keptu-quey, Atmorans, Skaal, Yokudans, Hagravens, Minotaurs, Dwemer, Esronians, Roscreans, Ynesleans, Goblins, Gremlins, Centaurs, Dreugh, Dragonlins, Giants, Harpies, Imps, Spriggans, Nymphs, Dragons, Dwemer Cutebots, Ogres, Rieklings, Skellingtons and maybe Dunmeri Undead.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>50222888
>It just goes in line with the many bad turns Khajiiti ESO lore has taken,

Such as? I for one liked Lorkhajs Den and the focus on the Dro Mathra, they couldve easily just ignored that bit. Sure the mane could have had more than like 12 strands of khajiit hair but thats visuals. They did also have the monk bits which i liked.

>Dead Lorkhaj

Hm. Its a change but i dont neccesarily disagree with. I think Lunark Lorkhan was probably my favorite depiction of the deity and i disliked how Khajiit mythology was used as a counterpoint to that theory.
>>
>>50222527
>shoot fireballs from my tits
esg in a sentence.
>>
File: dragonstarstatue.jpg (113KB, 1023x714px) Image search: [Google]
dragonstarstatue.jpg
113KB, 1023x714px
>>50222975
Very obscure god. God of luck. Related to Mara. I think that all we have on him is from Daggerfall, but atleast he hasn't been officially retconned.
>>
>>50218341
Now comes the real question: is it a good game? And yes, I am asking from a MMO definition of good game.
>>
>>50218341
>If you play Skyrim and think only the dragonborn and three other people use the Thu Um then you are also getting the lore wrong

Well, seeing as so many Draugr shout, most players should assume that it's just a forgotten art.
>>
File: meridia_by_isriana-d674wm2.jpg (96KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
meridia_by_isriana-d674wm2.jpg
96KB, 600x799px
When you anons play an Elder Scrolls game, is there ever a deity you tend to lean towards (especially if you're roleplaying your way through)?

The quest for Dawnbreaker in Skyrim made me love Meridia, if nothing else because I like her attitude.
>>
>>50224257
Depends on what you like.

The PvP in my opinion is the best part of the game. Its essentially DAoC, even if you dont like the lore aspects of it the Alliance war is great.

The Main Quest is what youd expect, the zones that were in at the start of the game are unfortubatley not up to normal Elderscrolls level of quests in the sense that they are crowded with them, you wont find a town that isnt beset by some Evil cult or some rampaging Giant.

That beeing said its fully voice acted and you can go into any province (provided you can find a boat or something that takes you there, or just walk on foot) without any level restrictions.

If you want to play it for Solo play, i recommend skipping most of the alliance zones and getting right to Orsinium which from a lore standpoint is the most interresitng new addition.
Generaly the DLC zones are designed to be simmilar to Skyrim and Skyrims DLCs, expect a main story simmilar in lenght to Dawnguard with quite a bit of focus on a small set of characters.

Then you usually get gameplay additions like the Dark Brotherhood gives you the ability to one shot NPCs by slitting their throats form stealth, while the thieves guild gives you access to "heist" missions where you have to sneak into a building complex, steal three different items without getting detected (you get better rewards the stealthier you are)

For a PvE thing: The 4 Player dungeons are fairly well designed and give good rewards. Raiding is not as big a thing as it is in WoW, there are Trials with Leaderboards, these are raids but the key here is not that they are ridiculously hard (tho they arent easy) but that you compete with other guilds for doing em the fastest and without dying.

So what should i tell you: Personally i like it, its different to lets say Guild Wars and its questing is very much single player centric. Imo if you like PvP or small scale PvE get it its not very expensive
>>
>>50224257
If you could tell me what a good MMO is to you i could help you out more, i dont wanna recommend a game that you dont wanna play.

>>50224425
>vekh
>the hist
>>
>>50223907
More like /tg/ in one sentence.

Unless you could include HFY circle jerking, elf rape, FATAL, and Cosmic Brownies.
>>
>>50224425
>liking Meridia

Guess you didn't play KotN back in Oblivion. Meridia is a complete cuntwaffle.
>>
>>50224425
I normally play Breton Sorcerer/Spellsword types, so Magnus and Phynaster, with special mention to Mara, Dibella, and Julianos.

For Daedra, Azura, Sanguine, and Meridia are alright. Maybe Hermeus Mora.
>>
>>50224425
Arkay.
>>
>>50225052
I played back at beta, and I enjoyed somethings, but there wasn't enough to wow me for the price they were asking. I'm just worried about the extras cost if I grab it now. If you subscribe to the premium service, does it cut you off from the DLC stuff if it expires?

>>50225133
Was addicted to WoW for years; enjoyed GW2, especially after the action camera was added, though there was way too much gring in HoT; WildStar would've been my addiction if not for a few things. I'm mostly just am tired of tab-targeting MMOs.
>>
>>50225558
>I'm just worried about the extras cost if I grab it now. If you subscribe to the premium service, does it cut you off from the DLC stuff if it expires?

Yeah it does, you do keep any DLC skill line levels you have but can't get more levels in them.

Also it's worth noting that you get 1500 crowns (cash shop currency) every month you're subbed, which is what $15 would buy you anyhow if you were just to buy crowns, so if you sub for a couple months you'll also have enough crowns to buy the DLC packs you want to keep.
>>
File: 1471686159852.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471686159852.png
2MB, 1280x960px
How common are the different types of armor? I'd imagine cost is the main reason why you only see steel in the Legion (past Morrowind at least). How much of it is game-ism when you see everyone running around in glass/ebony?
>>
>>50225558
well i only played GW2 before they added the new camera so i realy dont know how to compare.

As for grinding: Crafting high levle gear can be grindy if you dont want to spend money on it, specifically getting the materials. same for getting the highest ammount of Champion points which is their equivalent of Horizontal progression (after max level you can earn up to 560 skillpoints), it should be noted that there is a PvP campaign that turns Champion Points off so you dont *have* to do that to be competetive in PvP.

As for Wildstar: Wildstar is more Raid focused, i dont know if youll find that in ESO, there arent that many raids i think 5 or 6 and they are more focused on beeing time and perfection trials.

>Does it cut me off from the DLC stuff

Yes, generaly the consensus seems to be: get one month of premium, see what DLCs you like and then maybe buy em.
Note that the DLCs are on sale occasionally. Right now Orsinium is on a 70% sale

Constantly beeing a premium subscriber is mostly something that professional crafters do (ESO has those, since crafted gear is very good and beeing a top tier crafter is quite an investment since you have to learn all the crafting styles and acquire the traits to craft set gear) because it gives you access to infinite bags for crafting materials.

Also one thing to note: Items have changed much since the beta. ESO is now almost entierly item set based. That means in endgame you will only wear set pieces (crafted or dropped) and the set pieces tend to heavily impact your playstyle.
There are for example gear sets focused on stunning enemies by dodge rolling through them, a popular set summons a little dwemer centurion that occasionally heals you, one set boosts your ultimate everytime you dodge an attack etc. Of course there are also more generic sets that mostly give you stat boosts.

Also all the Dungeons are scaled to max and have 3 gear sets and one Monster Set (you wear the final bosses skull as a hat)
>>
>>50225705
>Monthly stipend for subscribing
That's actually something I like. Did it for Secret World when it first went f2p, used it to buy the content they released.
>>
>>50221726
>Only one I can think of is Nords not liking to kill wolves because one of them might be Sai.

>dozens of Nords walking around in wolf armor on Solstheim
Guess it's a mainlander thing.
>>
>>50225558
>action camera
What?

Also did they ever add any inew classes or weapon types or anything?
>>
>>50225867
I mean the Companions were wolfskins on their armor despite beeing werewolves, i realy dont think the nords give too much of a shit about wolves.

>>50225868
one new class i think.
And some of the old classes got to use new weapons.

I heard GW2 is quite good now, but the PvP queue was always too damn long which is why i eventually stopped caring.
>>
>>50225867
More like a Daggerfall thing. It probably went away whenever Sai worship went away.
>>
>>50225186
Name one Daedra that isn't.
>>
>>50225771
HoT grinding was a whole new level of grind. Korean MMO level. So long as its not "spend 3-6 days of nonstop play to get one component" then we're good.

Never actually got into WS raiding, my potato of a computer is one of the reasons it never became my number one. I've always enjoyed smaller content anyway, especially now that my time is limited.

And I'm totally okay with sets being the way to go as long as the set bonuses are interesting, like the ones you listed. Dodging through enemies is how I played my Thief in HoT, since you can build them to damage on a dodge. I'd just run into a mob and just start jumping around.

>>50225868
They added a mode that locks your camera to your mouse and does soft-targeting instead of tab targeting. Turns the game into something more like Neverwinter or whay ESO does from what I played.

They added a new class that channels power from legendary heroes in the Mists, and ever class got a new specialization that unlocks some new mechanics and a new weapon for the class. For example, Thiefs get the Daredevil, which unlocks staves and adds an extra charge of dodging, while Necromancers get the Reaper which unlocks great swords and gives a new shroud form.
>>
>>50225959
>>50226017
Might as well give it a dl and see how shit is I guess.

Any point in buying the new xpac?
>>
>>50222975
The God of Luck. Long ago, Sai fell in love with a beautiful Nord lass with silver hair. He professed his love and they married, but the gods disliked this union because he brought too much luck to Skyrim and ruined the balance of the universe. Because of this, Skyrim became a very prosperous nation who conquered. Being forbidden to see his love, he takes the form of a wolf to visit his lover in secret. This is why it's bad luck for a Nord to kill a wolf, and it's also why Nordic Women get a bonus to luck in Daggerfall.
>>
>>50226039
Its how you access the new stuff. I'd say play it a bit, since a lot of the core game changes are still there, and if like it, buy the expac. Be warned, the new areas are fun as hell, but tough to solo unlrss you had the best gear before the expac, and the grind is real. Biggest sin is they locked the main story behind the grind. Never finished it because it was going to take me an obscene amount of grinding world events to advance it.

That's another thing about the expac, the initial zones are just grinding events for the world event. Its like the Wastes they added, where there's no heart quests, just an overarching world event and little dynamic ones that feed into it.
>>
>>50226120
Yeah i don't even remember having too much fun in regular ass GW2. Maybe the new camera will make shit more fun.

No clue about what profession to play though, as I recall always restarting a shitton back when i did try to play. What's good for hitting shit whilest having some magic to your name and also not dying?
>>
>>50226151
Guardian. Its like a paladin, but more fire than holy light and healing.

The camera does change it a lot, I feel. The new stuff also makes moving important. Everything shits out fire not to stand in. EVERYTHING. The Wyvern boss in the first zone covers the fighting arena in fire patches. Fun as hell.
>>
>>50226017
>grinding
Its definitly not that bad in ESO.
The worst grinding is probably getting the last few champion points before cap and gathering tempering alloys to upgrade your high level gear to the highest quality.

If you wanna play for dodging there is actually a build dedicated to dodge trolling.
You combine the set that lets you knock people over by rolling with a set that will set down a trap on the ground each time you dodge roll. (in endgame you will always wear 3 sets at once, one monster set and eihter one crafted or one dropped set or two dropped sets) in PvP this is hihgly annoying and a realy great way of pissing off your enemies.
>>
>>50226499
>>50226151
Oh yeah and there is absolutley no content locked behind a grind like that besides the Raids.

Anything else is max level and you are scaled to max level.
>>
>>50226312
I'm not sure bout guardian. They seem kinda unfun from what I remember and from what i've seen on the wiki. Also their new class thing also sounds dumb.

Think I might go necromancer
>>
File: WaitingForSehtToUpdateTheUESRPG.jpg (67KB, 630x399px) Image search: [Google]
WaitingForSehtToUpdateTheUESRPG.jpg
67KB, 630x399px
Hey everyone. Been a while. Thanks for being patient with me.

My long UESRPG hiatus is finally over, and I'm assembling a team of teenagers with attitude to help me finish the project and ensure that it can be maintained in the future. This means both finishing the books we have planned, and polishing what we've got. And to do that we need some help.

I've restructured our online presence somewhat, but basically all that matters is that we have a nice google doc with all our links (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing) and a shiny new discord server for design and game finding purposes (https://discord.gg/p3CMn2P). I won't be updating the old blog anymore, and the IRC is dead, but our subreddit still exists for those who want to use it.

If you're interested in helping out, or just want to hang out, drop by our discord server and say hi. And once again, thanks for being patient with me.
>>
>>50226649
Yeah, GW2 lacks good battlemage classes.

Speaking of which, is a battlemage build viable in ESO?
>>
>>50219068
the xylo river thing with ESO used to bug me, but in chapter 5 of a dance in fire, it is mentioned that silvenar is located next to the xylo. Given that silvenar is no where near the border at the time, there are at least three possible explanations for this:
1. author used the wrong river
2. silvenar can move like falinesti
3. the xylo has two branches, the western on goes past silvenar, the eastern one forms part of the border
>>
File: 1463114902528.png (102KB, 321x326px) Image search: [Google]
1463114902528.png
102KB, 321x326px
>>50227108
Dual wield+bow stamina sorcerer is a popular and pretty strong build where you cast bound armor and some other buffs, turn into lightning and palpatine everyone, then stab shit to death with swords or (usually) daggers.

For casual (read:not speedrunning top tier content) play basically all but the absolute worst thought-out builds are viable though. My favorite build is a magicka-based dragon knight one that actually wears cloth and uses a destruction staff to stack a couple fire dots on the targets, then literally whips them to death. Like with a whip. The whip is also made of fire
>>
>>50224425
Hail Sithis.
>>
>>50227098
Hey Seht. Thank you so much for all the work you've put into all of this. It's really appreciated.
>>
>>50227108
Necromancer seems like it kinda works as a battlemage.

Sorta.

Also what perssonal stories are the best / least awful / have /u/ in them.
>>
File: 1428877389176.png (45KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1428877389176.png
45KB, 554x439px
>>50227640
>using Sithis worship as an excuse for your character to just murder everyone indiscriminately
>>
>>50225731
It's completely gameplay to see that.
>>
>>50227770
I'm glad you enjoy it!
>>
>>50227098
Take your time, these threads exist because of you.
>>
Might run a Morrowind campaign. Is UESRPG /the/ definitive system to run TES games with, or do you guys use alternatives?
>>
>>50228633
It is.
>>
>>50228521
More than you may realize. I posted TES lore threads like every fucking day back before /tgesg/ was a thing until it caught on. Back when people saw TES and were like "that not /tg/ material!"

Good times.
>>
>>50227900

> Needing an excuse for playing a deranged psychopath

You start most main games imprisoned for a reason.
>>
>>50221167
Less so but you have to pay the delivery so sometimes it's pretty much the same, and if you want to get something out of EU you better sell one of your kidney
>>
>Mfw 100% resistance to Frost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxA9O2WW138
>>
>>50230129
What the fuck how is he not dead ? Nord people, explain yourself
>>
File: 1417835530981.jpg (315KB, 800x1354px) Image search: [Google]
1417835530981.jpg
315KB, 800x1354px
>>50230177
Americlap, but my Mom lived in Norway. She talked about it, but I don't know how accurate most of it is.

Two things. Due to exposure at a young age and possibly a bit of genetics, they develop a small layer of dense fat that insulates their body. Some also have some psychological tricks to help ignore the cold, like pretending there air is normal temperature but mint flavored, or more commonly just relaxing you body to prevent shivering.

The second thing is that person is more than likely a professional who does the Iceman challenge, so he's probably an extreme case. The alcohol would make him die of exposure faster, but it probably helps him not shiver as much. It would also give the illusion of warmth, and thin the blood to bring more warmth to the outside. Which is fine as long as you don't stay outside for too long.

Stuff like this isn't unheard of, though, since it's customary to end a sauna session by taking a dip in an ice cold lake.
>>
>>50230129
>drinking beer after vodka
The fuck, is this guy mad.
>>
>>50230177
>dead
Dude, Kodal is way to the south of Norway. It's not even really that cold there.
>>
>>50230286
Well that's pretty terrifying, I knew that it was quite normal to end a sauna by jumping in ice cold water but I thought that they just stayed in for a few seconds, like those athlets that litteraly get sprayed in liquid azote after effort.

Christ just looking at it makes me cold.
>>
>>50230327
And to think that I am learning your language...
Why is there not a place on Earth where it's hot but the bugs are still a normal size and the system is not completely shit ? Why is it the crazy cold people who have good systems ?
>>
>>50230354
It's because most people in Europe work or drink to stay warm. In England, it's just easier to get shitfaced than to bother cleaning the ash out of the fireplace.
>>50230323
I think that was so he could drink a bit more vodka afterwards.
>>
>>50230354
Why are you learning Norwegian?
>>
>>50230286
>Stuff like this isn't unheard of, though, since it's customary to end a sauna session by taking a dip in an ice cold lake.
That varies a lot though. It's pretty common to do sauna, ice bath, back to the sauna again, and so on.
Around where I'm from though, it's more common with a hot bath ("stamp") outdoors in winter, and periodically throwing yourself into the snow before going back in the bath. Sure, the snow's cold, but getting back in the stamp is pleasant as fuck.
>>
>>50230416
Because why the fuck not I guess ? Honestly I still have no idea why I started this but now I'm not gonna stop and start over.

Also to stay on topic and to show the world my noviceness in deeplore, I still don't understand where does all this CHIM thing come from, I finished Morrowind and litteraly found nothing about this, neither did I found Sotha Sil or Almalexia so I'm confused, could somebody explain ?
>>
>>50230454
I don't know where it came from either, but I find CHIM one of the most obnoxious things about the fanbase.
>>
>>50230427
That's really interesting. I used to want to move to Norway, or at least Scandinavia when I was young. I even tried to learn a bit of the language. Then I realized they probably don't want anymore immigrants, even a white American, on the mainland, and the fact that Iceland is the Alabama of Scandinavia. That, and it would be impossible to get weed and other fun stuff.

But we're getting a bit off topic.

>>50230454
Did you read the books?
>>
>>50230516
I read most of those I could find that seemed to talk about Vivec and the rest of the Tribunal except the 36 Lessons because it just seemed a bit too much and I wanted to finish this game at least once.
>>
>>50230546
The sermons contain where it starts. The thing is that it isn't all in one source. Like most lore concepts, our understanding of it increases the more the games cover it and the more the developers talk about it.
>>
Not a lore question, but is there a mod that fixes the personality test in Morrowind?
>>
>>50227108
>>50227461
>magicka DK

actually a very good DPS build
If you wanna go battlemage i recommend Sorcerer or Dragon Knight as base classes, with DK probably beeing more on the "battle" side of battlemage.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 500x641px
>>50227098

Just wanna say great job and keep it up brother. I'm actually DMing a game for my game squad using your UESRPG and we've all been enjoying it, even the guy that doesn't really know elder scrolls appreciates the mechanical nuances.

I'll drop by the discord sometime. Consider us play testers.
>>
>>50230941
Thanks! I'd love to hear about your game, and having more people giving feedback is always a good thing.
>>
File: 1475259086093.jpg (51KB, 394x296px) Image search: [Google]
1475259086093.jpg
51KB, 394x296px
I don't understand how these threads have gotten so slow when there's always TES threads on /v/, most of which end up in lore discussion
>>
>>50232015
>on /v/, most of which end up in lore discussion

>hello, which are are the niggers?
and posting the same bait pics is hardly lore discussion anon
>>
File: hermaeusmorastatue.jpg (288KB, 1024x621px) Image search: [Google]
hermaeusmorastatue.jpg
288KB, 1024x621px
>>50224425
HERMAEUSHHHHH MOOOOORAAAAAHHHHH
Mostly for mage characters
>>
File: goldcoin.png (848KB, 942x452px) Image search: [Google]
goldcoin.png
848KB, 942x452px
>>50225731
There's this battle acount in 2920 where the legion would equip whole squadrons with ebony armor.
>>
File: Merid.png (2MB, 900x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Merid.png
2MB, 900x1191px
>>
>>50220651
lore noob here. could you explain what's wrong with this?
>>
>>50218638
>The more I think about it, the better of an idea it seems.
It's a great idea.

>>50232528
The ninth divine came about much later.
>>
File: sutch.jpg (184KB, 1428x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sutch.jpg
184KB, 1428x1200px
>>50218494
>>50218638
>>50232549
War of the Red Diamond could be cool aswell.
>>
File: Naryu_Virian.png (496KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Naryu_Virian.png
496KB, 800x450px
>>50224257
For an MMO? Sure, honestly one of the better ones I played. There are tons of content, some actually nice and interesting locations and well written quests and characters.
>>
>>50232665
Poor Kintyra II.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161112_184803.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161112_184803.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50232837
>well written quests
some. Honestly it's a little hit and miss. Sometimes you get a quest that forces you to act like a spastic retard in order to progress (Freedom's Chains - you have to interrupt a ritual that all signs point to being in no way harmful, and lo and behold doing so fucks everything up for everyone) or breaks lore over its knee (Almalexia gets chased out of her own temple by a bunch of fairly smalltime daedra worshippers). But then you have quests like pic related that acknowledge Memory. Though maybe that's a bad example, because when you ask her to elaborate she just gives the usual 'mortals wouldn't understand' bullshit.
>>
>>50232975
Yeah, I meant some of them are nice. A lot of them are just generic or kinda dumb (still better than "kill X wolves" quests many MMOs rely on), but there are many that are actually pretty good for MMO standards. Especially when you take into account the sheer amount of content ESO has.
>>
>>50233018
It's definitely improved with One Tamriel. It was a huge mistake splitting the game up into thirds. I just wish the game had been designed for 'all tamriel' questing from the beginning. It shouldn't have taken two years for this to happen.

Every time I look at some improvement they've made to the game, it becomes really clear that they're just cleaning up mistakes that, frankly, we were shouting at them not to implement when we first found out about them during the beta or whatever. They've walked back so many things that they defended really hard years ago, i wish they would've just fucking listened from the start.
>>
>>50233085
Honestly yes. I wasn't sure at the beginning if I like the One Tamriel idea exactly because of how they designed the whole game with zone-to-zone progression and alliances territories. It could have been great if they designed it to be open from the very beginning, for example during Simulacrum like one anon suggested. I also like how they're going for a bit more of role playing and customization options, for example by introducing new crafting motiffs. I think they also mentioned adding housing in the future.
>>
>>50233139
Housing and Vvardenfell are next. Honestly Vvardenfell might go a long way toward winning back some popularity if they can manage to do it right. I don't know if they can, but having the opportunity to focus all their attention specifically on Vvardenfell might allow them to at least not shit all over it. Worst case we'll probably just get Dragonborn DLC
>>
>>50233165
Nice to know, I wasn't really paying attention to the news and I haven't played the game for about half a year now. What about this Black Marsh multiplayer zone they were supposed to be doing? South of the currently accessible Black Marsh part?
Oh, and what did they do about quests that specifically target other alliances now that One Tamriel is a thing? There were quite a lot of them in all zones.
>>
this isn't lore. I don't mind using ESO for like, food in tamriel or whatever, but there is an ESO general on /vg/ for discussing the game.
>>
/tg/ is not /vg/

>>50233256
Yeah, this has been going way overboard for the last two threads.
>>
>>50233256
>>50233282
Yeah, I guess you guys are right this time, sorry.
>>
Might run a campaign for friends that takes place during The Great War. Having a hard time figuring out where they would start. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1462297083995.jpg (729KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1462297083995.jpg
729KB, 2000x2000px
Can someone explain to me why anyone would ever want to become an Amaranth?

Wouldn't you loose all sense of self and memory?

I can understand why Vivec wants to create a dream that isn't shit but what does he/she get out of it?
>>
>>50233697
Do you want them to be a part of/connected to a specific side of conflict or just be kind of caught in between?
>>
>>50233751
This is probably something I should know after being into TES and browsing these threads for so long, but what's Amaranth?
>>
>>50233752
Either or. They're still deciding. I wanna have plans for either case.
>>
>>50232975
I almost forgot ESO picked up the water thing and ran with it.
As for
>mortals wont understand it
shes also a huge asshole so that probably explains it.

>>50233018
>>50233085
Best example is probably the justice system.
They went from
>It wouldnt work
>Ok you can steal things but no bounty
>Ok there is bounty now but no advanced systems
>Ok there are now restricted areas, thieves guilds and pickpocketing
>Ok you can literaly murder an entire town by slitting every single NPCs throats.

>>50233139
The whole "Lets do another setting" has been debated to no end and you know what? Second era is fine. It has a lot of distance to the mainline which means they can get away with making stuff up on their own and showing things that are not common in the later eras. Such as the Ternion Monks worshipping old Nordic gods etc.

But that comes from someone that actually loves the idea of the Ebonheart pact so whatever, im probably biased.

I agree tho that zone to zone progression was a mistake and that they should not have done it.
The problem is MMOs take ages to develop and this game was started to be made when Oblivion came out and WoW was the go to MMO.

>new Motifs
Bruh they are adding new motifs with every major update. They also now allow you to dye costumes and hats and they introduced alternative stances and animations. For example you can have an assasin stance where you are a huge edgelord, play around with a knife all the time and run like a ninja.

>Housing
Confirmed for Q1 next year. After that most likley a big ass Vvardenfell expansion , according to data leaks everyhting that isnt the Red Mountain or Sheogorath is in, with even quite a few of the small villages present, so its at least orsinium sized. and then they got Clockwork City and Murkmire in the pipeline.

>>50233238
>Murkmire
Completley reworked. Nobody liked Craglorn because it required groups of 4. So they said Murkmire wont be that.
They might remake it into Orsinium 2.0
>>
>>50233751
In general or in TES?

In TES the reason you would want to be an Amaranth is because the world is built form Pain betrayal and conflict. This is why Tamriel almost never has peace and is extremley violent.

in C0DA it is postulated that Lorkhan set in motion the possibility for an Amaranth so a new world could be created from love instead of from pain.
A world that isnt a huge fucking shithole like the Arena aka Nirn is.
>>
>>50233697
Hammerfell might be fun, or maybe south-western Cyrodiil.
>>
>>50233785
Amaranth is a state of beeing where you dissolve your personalities into a dream.

When you amaranth you become the next godhead, you create a world where everything springs from a part of your consciousness, therefor everything is you.
The reasons for doing so ar ein the above post.

>>50233752
Id love to run a campaign with elements of Warfare.
Maybe each player could controll one unit warhammer style with his character beeing the Officer of said unit.
Isnt there a TES Warhammer conversion somewhere?

>>50233256
I agree. But hear me out: ESO has good lore, but ESO is also not accepted at all in the lore community. Making a thread on /v/ or /vg/ about it would be pointless, it would get shouted down and the typical hivemind would prevent the thread from going anywhere but posting discredited memes of the KFC guy that never happened.

here have some books from an upcoming expansion written by some overeager argonian and looking the part.

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/keshu
>>
>>50233881
The fact that you can't talk about ESO elsewhere (which is false, you can), doesn't mean you should talk about it here.
You're obviously new, but please respect the thread by taking that elsewhere.
>>
>>50233916
>obviously new

Im not.
Several other people have talked about it and its not like im ignoring the lore.

I was making a plea for that to respect the guidelines of the thread.
But sure, you could just ignore all the new lore that comes in because the game triggers you.
>>
>>50233979
Sure, might as well discuss fanfiction.net lore while we're at it.
>>
>>50233916
I don't remember there being a rule about ESO lore not being allowed here.
But discussions of it often devolve into pointing out its contradictions.
>>
>>50233991
Take a look at the ESO discussion ITT and tell me how much of that is lore.
Everything that can go in /esog/ should go in /esog/ and stay there.
>>
>>50233979
>responsible for sudden ESO surge
>doesn't know about Scrollhammer despite it having been in the OP for years
>consistent complains about muh circlejerk that have not been posted here before
>claims he's not new

>>50233989
Pretty much, given how TES VI won't have to follow any of the lore in ESO.
>>
>>50233989
you mean like C0DA? Or Lleswer tenders to the mane? or this many goblins left the cave?

This is TES lore, if you dont want fan conjecture on lore maybe you should look towards another setting. TES lore lives on the fact that it is always biased and as such never quite correct. As such fan theories and conjecture is an important part of what is lore.
I mean this entire discussion about amaranth is mostly solved by C0DA which realy isnt anyhting other than fan fiction.

>>50234060
good that you arent an authority on this then.

I for one for example find the Argonian book ive just posted to be a great ressource for traditional argonian lives, with gruelling tests of strength and ingeniuity beeing required to be seen as an adult simmilar to rainforest tribes on earth.
>>
>>50234103
>responsible
Clearly i am responsible for all the posts in this and the previous thread.

>doesnt know about scrollhamemr
i literaly brought it up.

>TES Vi
Might aswell discard PGE1 while were at it since Oblivion didnt follow Redguard era lore.
TES sadly retcons shit all the time but that doesnt mean you should ignore retconned lore.
>>
File: the_myth_of_consentual_sex.jpg (40KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
the_myth_of_consentual_sex.jpg
40KB, 500x464px
>>50234132
>>>/r/teslore
>>
>>50234157
>TES sadly retcons shit all the time but that doesnt mean you should ignore retconned lore.
Luckily, I can just do the opposite.
>>
File: 123123141.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
123123141.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>50220651
>>50232549
To play the devil's advocate. I think it was established that Talos had retroactively always existed in the timeline because of Dragon Break bullshit.

That's a fucking retarded excuse, but then again there really is no use in arguing about chronological inconsistencies at this point.
>>
Reminder that ESO takes place entirely in Coldharbour and the entire plot of the story is Molag Bal fucking with you.
>>
>>50234312
I mean its pretty much the choice between one of three things.

1. the Heimskr approach: CHIM works retroactiveley
2. the Kuhlmann approach: its all just shoddy scholarship
3. the "Oblivion is non canon" approach. as seen here >>50234178

I personally like that at least they adress the issue at hand, they could simply have retconned the entire thing and said Cyrod was never a jungle and no Chim chim chimeroo was required to do so.
Id also like to point out that the retroactive CHIM also leads to Vekh impregnating a bunch of Yokudan Kings in the Head as Ansu Gurlenth so that makes the whole thing worth it for me.
it also shows that they have some respect left for their fanbase even tho they fucking push Skyrim 2: Mods on console edition
>>
>>50234312
Talos always existed after Tiber's death instead of after the use of the Numidium in the Third Era. This takes place before Tiber was born.
>>
>>50234448
>the Heimskr approach: CHIM works retroactiveley
but both Heiskr's speech and the Mythic Dawn Commentaries suggest that people are aware that Cyrodiil was a jungle and that the past was not changed
>>
>>50234157
I'm not talking about retcons, I'm talking about Bethesda having the ability to freely accept or deny ESO lore.

>Q: Do you have any co-operation with the creators of the single-player TES games, with regards to lore from ESO showing up in a future TES, and such?
>A: I'm personally in regular communication with Kurt Kuhlmann and Bruce Nesmith at BGS. We talk about that sort of thing, but really, whatever those guys decided to use or not use from ESO in future single-player titles is entirely their prerogative.
>>
File: bigsmile.jpg (10KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
bigsmile.jpg
10KB, 235x235px
ESO lore discussion is fine, we can shit on it but it's open for discussion.
Discussing ESO gameplay like in

>>50224257
>>50225052
>>50225558
>>50225705
>>50225771
>>50225856
>>50225868
>>50225959
>>50226017
>>50226039
>>50226120
>>50226151
and more posts I don't feel like quoting

should be in >>>/vg/tesog/
>>
>>50234613
the same is true for any other TES game, that doesnt mean they dont intend to use any of it that just means they dont have any obligation too. Which is ok. It doesnt mean they wont tho.
For example im fairly sure if TES6 is set in hammerfell, which judging by all the signs it got it will be, Craglorn will definitly be at least as much an inspiration for the Skyrim border as Shadowkey is.
What this does mean however is that if they want to make sentinel into a less arabic city, they can go full african. Which of course they wont do since Oblivion they are trying to make both the Crown and the Forbear redguards into NotMoors (while in Redguard it was primarily the forbears that were, while the Crown had a distinct african style to that theme)

>>50234518
Or Mannimarco. Mannimarco the King of Worms is distinct from Mannimarco the God of Worms aka the Revenant.
When one becomes a god, even without using CHIM or any of the other walking ways, the Mortal persona remains.
Of course with Talos this means he has always existed while Mannimarco has not, at least to my knowledge.

>>50234601
Or the past has changed and people still remember, or that the past has not changed but people were changed as to not bother too much with it.
Talos fuckery isnt exact science. The same goes with Vivec. Was Vivec the son of a the netchimans wife brought into the world via a Simulacrum?
Or was he a "Daggerlad" who offered to suck Nerevars cock while he was guarding a Caravan? In truth probably both events are simultaniously true.
>>
File: anton-kuhtitskiy-bonus-argon.jpg (814KB, 1920x3003px) Image search: [Google]
anton-kuhtitskiy-bonus-argon.jpg
814KB, 1920x3003px
Hostan Scrollhammer on Roll20.
https://app.roll20.net/join/1672652/X4SYJA
>>
Friends want me to run a campaign in Vvardenfall following the fall of the Ministry and Red Mountain erupting. It would be cool to include how the Dunmer struggled to survive with the blight alongside the invading Khajiti. My issue is I don't know much about Vvardenfall proper, and there hasn't been much source material about Morrowind post-video game Morrowind events. Any tips?
>>
File: kvatch.jpg (765KB, 1280x859px) Image search: [Google]
kvatch.jpg
765KB, 1280x859px
>>
>>50234801
>invading Khajiti
>>
>>50234836
Argonian, my bad.
>>
>>50234601
Retroactively changing something doesn't mean everyone forgets. Hence why some still remember what happened at Red Mountain, or why the Arcturian Heresy still exists.
>>
File: 1474664839853.jpg (416KB, 617x692px) Image search: [Google]
1474664839853.jpg
416KB, 617x692px
How does Neloth keep his complexion looking so well for a man born several hundred generations ago, living in a mushroom and breathing ash all day? You think he'd look old as fuck but he doesn't look much over 60.
>>
File: Neloth.jpg (154KB, 1280x519px) Image search: [Google]
Neloth.jpg
154KB, 1280x519px
>>50235223
Telvanni magic keeps him youthful and joyous.
>>
File: canisroottea.png (180KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
canisroottea.png
180KB, 400x558px
>>50235223
Now this is pure conjecture, but I believe that there is a certain treshold where your magic can act stronger than aging, and you achieve near-immortality (only trauma can kill you). Divayth Fyr has achieved this, and Morrowind's Neloth was actually senile, and might not have a lot of time left to live. But he actually crossed that treshold and is now doing better than he did >200 years ago.
>>
>>50234783
Thats a realy cool looking argonian.
I love the scale pattern on the armor, he looks like an argonian mercensary in morrowind.

>>50234814
Shows how tiny it realy is and how importan t it is to differentiate between lore and gameplay.

>>50234801
>invading khajiit
The Hists plan has changed?
Generaly i would go with what is established about morrowind if everyhitng has gone to shit. Ash storms everywhere, a shortage of food and enemy soldiers everywhere. Basically Mad Max Morrowind edition.

>>50235223
Telvanni propaganda.

>>50235295
Or he was never senile and just fucking with you to get the best robe in the game for what? 100 drakes?
>>
>>50234783
Did you get anyone?
>>
File: 6877574457_d2c240658c_o.jpg (1MB, 2373x2817px) Image search: [Google]
6877574457_d2c240658c_o.jpg
1MB, 2373x2817px
>>50235751
No.
>>
>>50235778
You'd think there'd be enough overlap of people liking TES and wargames, but there's never any interest.
>>
So after the Red Year, it's said that many Dunmer fled to Skyrim. Where did the ones who stayed on Morrowind go? I'm assuming Vvardenfall was completely uninhabitable for many years. How far reaching was the effects of the Red Year?
>>
>>50235804
There really isn't, and that's a shame. Especially since it's much easier for strangers online to play a wargame than actually sit down and have a proper roleplaying campaign.
>>
>>50235778
I was the guy there briefly. I'm really sorry dude, but something came up.

I've never played a wargame before, but one of these day I'd love to play a game with you.
>>
>>50235934
No worries. I might set it up again next weekend if I have time.
>>
>>50235468
Definitely senile. He has no problem making you run all errands while sitting in his tower 200 years.
>>
File: redoranguard.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
redoranguard.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>50235883
>How far reaching was the effects of the Red Year?
Overrated. Balmora and Gnisis survived, even if they were decimated. The whole mainland remained inhabitable, but the south got (temporarily) conquered by Argonians. They were kicked out by Great House Redoran after a few years. Some people think they ended up going through all of Morrowind and genociding everyone in their path. We don't have exact statistics but I'm damn sure they've never gotten as far as Kragenmoor, Necrom or Ebonheart.
>>
>>50236180
That's all wizards though.
>>
File: dragonbornloadingscreens.png (2MB, 1920x2040px) Image search: [Google]
dragonbornloadingscreens.png
2MB, 1920x2040px
>>50236247
Yes, so why fake senility? Didn't his servant have to make some ointment for him?
>>
>>50236180
That's not senile, that's just Telvanni.

If you were on the verge of immortality magic, would you stop your research and stop a small battle, or just hire one of the many thousand people who are willing to fight for you to take care of it?
>>
>>50236285
Yeah, for his joints. That doesn't mean he's senile, though. If you want an example of senile, Therana would be better.
>>
>>50236221
>Balmora and Gnisis survived, even if they were decimated.

What do you mean?
>>
>>50236221
>Exagrated

We know they are at the time of Dragonborn near Mournhold (implying narsis is still under their controll or destroyed) and supposedly settle there occasionally raiding.

We also know that they conquered all of the telvanni lands to the point that the telvanni lords had to flee in ships.

A lot of the "Redoran reconquered everything" thing seems to be exagrated. We know the argonians also venerate the scathing bay which means that they must be somewhere close to the inner sea: my best guess is that there is no direct front between the dunmer and the argonians but rather that the argonians are essentialy the saxons in britain: they settle inbetween dunmer settlements and occasionally raid them.
>>
>>50237452
You're gonna call me autistic, but that one diary about 'TELVANNI GOT BTFO BY ARGONIANS LOL HOUSE TELVANNI DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE' is the one thing in Skyrim I consider non-canon. Other things in Skyrim can be chalked up to engine/budget limits or something being there but not shown (like other Tongues, worship of the old pantheon)
>>
>>50237452
I don't think they eve got to the Telvanni Isles, just the major holds on Vardenfell.
>>
>>50236221
>>50237452
sources?
>>
>>50237789
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Red_Year
It's a lot of fragmented information and what I posted was partly conjecture.

I firmly believe that by 4E 201 the Argonia-Morrowind borders are pretty much restored, there's central government again, most of the land is ash-free, all great houses still exist (except for Hlaalu, replaced by Sadras which holds onto the same lands) and cities like Mournhold are mostly rebuilt. Redoran still dominates but it's slowly fading as Dres and Indoril are getting their shit together, and Sadras is nearly as powerful as Hlaalu used to be.
>>
>>50236221
Nah m8, it was pretty fucking dire. Buildings collapsed all the way down in Tear.

>>50237545
>it's not true because i don't like it
You were completely right in that first statement though.
>>
>>50237545
Why?
I mean a volcano erupted and a meteor clashed into vivec, the telvanni lands probably got flooded halfway through anyway.

>>50237789
The Diary you find in Brand Sheis quest and people talking in Raven Rock about how "Scalebacks" living in morrowind killed their family when raiding.

>>50237868
well there are borders but the borders are much further north according to dragonborn.

>>50237606
Well Skyrim disagrees with you.

But this is a topic you always get these types of discussions about because most lorumites started playing TES with Morrowind and are thus Dunmerboos.
Myself included.
>>
>>50238125
Of all the houses, the Telvanni are the best to have survived the happening.
>>
>>50238147
And yet why is Neloth on Solstheim? Why is this supported by the book saying that the telvanni had to scatter on ships?
Look i get it, you dont see Argonians as that big a threat. So did the Dunmer, which is why this happened in the first place. These are 4E Argonians under the An-Xileel, these guys are scary.
>>
>>50238328
>And yet why is Neloth on Solstheim? Why is this supported by the book saying that the telvanni had to scatter on ships?
>Why is Bethesda retarded?
I wish I had an answer for you. Lemme know if you find one.
>>
>>50238125
The journal is contradicted by neloth's dialogue in dragonborn, as all his references to house telvanni are present tense. For instance
> Telvanni? What are the Telvanni?:"The Telvanni are the master wizards of Morrowind. The greatest of us grow magical towers like this one from the mighty fungus trees. Together we form House Telvanni, one of the great houses of Morrowind. The great houses rule what is left of our once proud nation.
>"I've heard of the House Telvanni of Morrowind:"Of course you have. Everyone has heard of the master wizards of Morrowind. We are one of the great houses that rule Morrowind."
>>
>>50238455
Of course the Telvanni are still a great house. that does not however contradict that the argonians have successfully invaded them.

>>50238387
>Bethesda is retarded
>Red year was literaly made up by MK in advance and he has confirmed this himself
>tfw Morrowind is retarded
>>
>>50238643
The issue being taken is not with the entirety of the red year.
Keep your focus.
>>
>>50238643
Yeah, for some reason I got uesp claiming that house telvanni is no more mixed up with someone claiming that itt. Also I don't think that red year is stupid so much as beth bungled it trying to include muh oppressed scalies revenge.
>>
>>50238719
Well the issue seems primarily that people dont want to see Dunmer face a crisis.
That may sound condescending but Skyirm does have some very strong confirmations in there. Brand Sheis quest for one and the entire Dragonborn expansion. I see no reason why the dunmer shouldnt get the short end of the stick for once.
Especialy when it helped fan favorite Redoran become a more powerfull faction while Hlaalu got replaced with something more interresting in the process.
Why cant the An-Xileel be established as a threat?
I hate this insistance of the Dominion beeing the only real threat in Tamriel aside from whatever is the big bad of the current Video Game.
The hist are pretty damn scary as far as sentient races go and have shown their ability to duke it out during the oblivion crisis. Why would black marsh not form a renewed power block in this turbulent time?
>>
>>50238762
Because the whole point is that the evil slavers got tumblr'd.
In no world would a faction that keeps to themselves, even within themselves, be an actual target of the oppressed.
>>
>>50238747
>Muh opressed scalies

Read the TIL page about the Keyes Novel, it is not about "muh opressed scalies". The An-Xileel are basically Argonian Nazis, purging their own population for having been "infected" with imperial culture , banning outsiders from their province and generaly acting like pompous assholes, which then culminated into them invading morrowind.

This "muh opressed scalies" is a narrative made up by people that dont bother to look at any sources other than skyrim and just draw their silly real life paralells that have no place there.
Argonians as a "Native american" or "african" stand in was always stupid and never correct. And everyone that gives the minimal ammount of shit and reads the Argonian account will realize that a large force behind the "Slavery by the evil white dunmer" is actually an argonian tribe called the Archein.
So please stop falling into this badlore trap.
>>
>>50238805
Naw.

The Dunmer got Dunmered. That's what it's all about to be Dunmer. It's about walking 2000000 miles uphill across Tamriel through piles of shit that used to be a god to find a new house.

It was entirely intentional.
>>
>>50238805
>Tumblrd
>Slavers

You are mixing up arnessian wars.
You are talking about the frist arnessian war which was a slave result, note that the Slaves lost said war.

This is the second arnessian war which was not a slave uprsiring but an invasion by an organized An-Xileel army.

Again the whole "Slave" narrative doesnt realy work on argonians.
Argonians enslave each other pretty ofthen from what we know (The Archein enslaving weak northern tribes, the Root House People enslaving everyone else and taking their stuff and the Xith-Xaht enslaving other argonians to build their puzzle city)

If anything the northern tribes get preyed on by anyone. And it wasnt them that invaded Morrowind. The An-Xileel from what we know are either Blackmarsh wide or are from Southern Blackmarsh since we know they are in Lilmoth, they are a governing body of the argonians that rule above tribal level.

Look i hate narratives that are about the "Poor opressed slaves" getting back at the "Evil patriarchy" but lets face it this isnt that. The first arnessian war was to show that this doesnt work in TES and that slaves make poor soldiers.

The Second Arnessian war was to show that the An-Xileel mean business and are simmilar to the Thalmor in their convinction to wage war outside their own territory.
>>
>>50238762
I don't think that's why. When have the dunmer not been at threat?
>velothi persecution and exodus
>war with dwemer
>azura's curse
>rule by the corrupt empire and false gods
>red year and the argonian crisis
Personally I don't like it because they didn't spend enough time painting the argonians as a credible threat. It just reads like a revenge fantasy.
>>
>>50238957
As it was said the Red Year was planned since the development of Morrowind (the game), so that part, at least, isn't a factor. Argonians aside.
>>
File: 1475416063805.jpg (24KB, 266x337px) Image search: [Google]
1475416063805.jpg
24KB, 266x337px
>Well MK thanks for doing this. I want to ask you a bit of a more mundane question. What does the politcal structure of the An-Xileel look like? It seems strange that the Hist would even need a political party to exercise control since they have control over Argonian minds. - Ushnad_gro-Udnar

>Whatever the An-Xileel wants you to believe it is, don't. These are LIZARDS.

When did you realise that MK was a massive shitlord?
>>
>>50238957
>>50238992
Its just mostly people not getting that screwed over is part of what makes the dunmers cool.
Trek across tamriel just to settle in the shittest country there is. War with fantasy atheists, become gods, fight the empire to a standstill single handedly.

As for revenge fantasy: Well and a lot of other wars have been framed as a power fantasy.
Personally i dislike the revenge fantasy parts of it but Argonians finally acting outside of their borders is something that makes them so much more interresting than beeing "the passive" race. This makes them more interresting as a major race or player race.

I now still have the same problem with the Bretons who seem to be pretty much absent form the current storyline, beeing loyal subjects to the empire and not doing an awfull lot.
>>
>>50239019
>Who ever said the Amaranth didn't have an antithesis?
>Like, I dunno, one set in a Hist..?
- MK
>>
>>50239019
MK has some strange thoughts about the Hist and the argonians in general.

For one thing he makes them out as one of the biggest villains in the setting on the other hand he frames them as something very different to the other lore authors.

For example according to MK the hist arent literal trees but more some kind of metaphysical thing.
Which to me is strange since all we know about the hist is very physical.
As in Argonians physically licking trees, trees physically mutating argonians, hist sap physically beeing able to take properties of metal. Dunmer argonian hybrids beeing used as spies is something he made up himself.

It seems weirdly inconsistent. But then again as MK said himself the Hist arent exactly "his" part of the lore.
>>
>>50239097
By that I think the idea is, like the plane(t)s, the Hist are an entity that is processed as "trees" by an over-stressed mind.

>captcha: merida
>>
>>50239070
>Hist Amaranth

The current theory as far as i know goes like this

>Argonians are sent out to collect information
>But not to improve argonian society
>All Argonian minds go to the Hist when they die within the marsh
>Argonian souls might be stolen from the dreamsleeve
>The Hist are a Hivemind that Argonians tap into, it is however limited to Blackmarsh
>The Hist are using the Argonians to collect "knowledge" to use in their dream
>The Hist might be abducting souls for their amaranth
>The Hist endgame is to build their own Amaranth but they require either information, souls or something else to do so

I mean its all pretty much conjecture but form what MK said about the hist and from what we know about argonian behaviour this appears to be the most logical conclusion.
>>
File: 1454465915089.gif (843KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
1454465915089.gif
843KB, 500x487px
>you will never be a medium armor wearing mysticist that levitates everywhere ever again
>>
>>50239158
Meanwhile, in all the games so far, Argonians are the go to race if you're looking for something to stick your dick in.
>>
>>50239272
>wearing armor
Disgusting
>>
>>50239452
It looks cool and lets me occasionally smack things with my stick when I get bored of sending waves of skeletons, scamps and ghosts at enemies.
>>
>>50239365
after which you are probably infected with spores or some shit.

>>50239452
>unarmoured never again
>>
>>50223103
>>50223366
Don't forget Akavir.
>>
>>50230354
Australia not the greatest but its better than most. New Zealand might be what you're looking for?
>>
>>50239097
>Dunmer argonian hybrids beeing used as spies is something he made up himself.
I never understood this part of his lore.
Surely the slaves took up this role. There's got to be powerful families with argonian slaves in their houses that overhear their plots and schemes.
>>
>>50230454
Sotha Sil and Almalexia are in Tribunal. Which is an expansion to Morrowind. AKA Proto DLC/ another game entirely.
>>
>>50239942
That makes sense. Slaves, moreso that regular ass servents, are beneath notice. Just as a normal person wouldn't care about a chair being in the room while they speak to their conspirator about something secret so too would a normal person not care about the lizard dusting the bookshelves.
>>
>>50240016
>>50239942
Note that the hist dont neccesarily want political or military secrets from the dunmer.
more likley they want argonians that can essentialy "Be" dunmer and collect information not from observing dunmer but from beeing dunmer.

Afterall they want to build an amaranth, not an empire.

>>50230454
CHIM is in the sermons, but dont bother too much with CHIM, people make it out to be this very huge thing when in reality it isnt hat important. It is however a good way to explain the sub gradient way that the universe works.

>>50239952
Also this. They appear in the first expansion Tribunal which is focused on Mournhold.
>>
>>50233085
>It's definitely improved with One Tamriel. It was a huge mistake splitting the game up into thirds.

That was one of my biggest turn-offs from when I was observing it early on. It seemed like a dumb idea to split up all the races into multiple subfactions, despite this not being a standard in the previous Elder Scrolls games. I understand and am okay with the story justification, but it doesn't mesh with the feel of Elder Scrolls.

Even moreso, people have favored races all across the board. I prefer to play Bretons, for example, another of mine prefers Dunmer, another prefers Nords, another prefers Bosmer, etc. It forced groups of friends to have to decide who would have to drop their favorite race. Which isn't a huge deal, granted, but still an issue.

I got Skyrim Special Edition for free through Steam, and playing that has gotten me curious about TESO, though; especially since it seems like some of the issues I had are gone.
>>
>>50238957
I think its more no one takes the Beast races seriously. Than Bethesda not painting them as a credible threat. Argonian's are really hardy, skilled mages, and are nimble and dexterous enough to make great thieves. They had an organized assassins guild like the Morang Tong in the shadow scales. As well as several other things (like the connection to the hist, various subspecies). People just look at them and think that the Argonians are 'furries and slaves what a joke race lel' and dismiss them.
>>
>>50240345
>more likley they want argonians that can essentialy "Be" dunmer and collect information not from observing dunmer but from beeing dunmer.
But Argonians can still be part of the Great Houses, not only civilians.
The only house I can imagine they can't join is Dres, not because of the slaves, but because the Dunmer wouldn't be comfortable with it
>>
>>50240712
again i think the point is not that they see how dunmer live but to live as a dunmer.
Basically the Hist want to simulate a universe so they want to have as many viewpoints as possible. Perhaps they want to have "argonians" that dont even know they are argonians.

Its becoming very meta at this point but i think you understand what im going at here. Of course this is all complete conjecture.

>>50240669
Which i thiink is odd. the beast races in TES are handled pretty well, even the khajiit. Lizard men are ofthen competent characters in fantasy settings but cat people are normally universal furbait. In tes with the lunar lattice and Lleswer and all that lore the khajiit are actually beeing taken seriously, at least by the lore folk.

The argonians realy suffer from the "slave race" meme that is ofthen expressed for humors sake but it realy only shows one dimension of that race.
Sadly almost all the good sources on argonians are from a book that almost nobody read.
>>
>>50240669
As for the "stats", which arent lore but are ofthen treated as that i gotta agree Argonians are just weird.
For one they seem to be fairly inconsistent as to what they are.

To take Morrowind as an example most races fall into some class. Khajiit are fairly good thieves, acrobats to be specific, nords are good barbarians having bonus on axe blocking and medium armor, while dunmer make good battle mages.

If you try to make a class out of the argonians racial boni you get a pretty shitty class as they only get boni on "utility" skills, skills that compliment a class not make them like alchemy and athletics. Same for "no armor".
this trend continued into the other games with alchemy beeing the only constant. In skyrim for example they get a bonus in lockpicking which is probably the most useless racial to have.
as of late the argonians seem to be having a "regeneration" theme, simmilar to many other lizardmen in fantasy, seen in skyrim as the "hist skin" ability and in ESO as their role as either a tank or a healer.

Still its important to remember that stats dont equal lore.
Bretons make good wizards in game but the majority of bretons arent wizards. Just like the majority of argonians probably wont cast illusion spells at you, chances are most of them are just gonna throw spears at you.
>>
>>50236531
Well, while the guy you're replying to might bot have meant it this way, "decimation" historically meant to destroy 1/10 of something. It's used in that sense in New Vegas actually.
Even nowadays, it often means to destroy most of something, not necessarily all.
>>
File: MnemicEgg.png (860KB, 976x514px) Image search: [Google]
MnemicEgg.png
860KB, 976x514px
>>50240792
One thing I really liked about ESO's argonian lore is that they seem to have their own Tower Stone now.
>>
>>50240792
>again i think the point is not that they see how dunmer live but to live as a dunmer.
but Kirkbride also wants to establish non-Saxhleel argonians as official lore
there's got to have been dunmer who have become one with the Hist
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>50238125
>Well Skyrim disagrees with you.
No, it doesn't. Brelyna Maryon Disagrees with you.
>>
>>50224425
Anything related to lorkhan/talos
>>
File: pig.png (9KB, 248x224px) Image search: [Google]
pig.png
9KB, 248x224px
CUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>50224425
honestly, i tend to lean more toward fedora characters. Even my argonians tend to revere solely the hist and find sithis to be unnecessarily destructive, even if they acknowledge him as a bringer of change necessary for life to flourish. The 'every argonian worships sithis' meme needs to stop
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.