[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General Anonymous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 36

File: 1390021683033[1].jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1390021683033[1].jpg
39KB, 600x450px
A Big Bug Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for Balablob or Malaclob.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa: >>49990575
>>
File: 1469407382424.png (931KB, 1022x1834px) Image search: [Google]
1469407382424.png
931KB, 1022x1834px
First for bug dicking
>>
File: 1475842829149.jpg (16KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
1475842829149.jpg
16KB, 189x189px
>>50097735
im not one to know elder scrolls lore really well especially vivec but i do know he did some real fucky shit. tell me straight doc. did he really fuck the bug, and whats with the statue.
>>
File: pge01_elsweyr_pic_02.jpg (101KB, 229x582px) Image search: [Google]
pge01_elsweyr_pic_02.jpg
101KB, 229x582px
I hereby annex this thread in the name of the Mane.
>>
>>50097761
The spear is both literally and figuratively his genitals, so probably.
>>
So, why do people worship the 8 divines (specifically excluding talos cause he's not an aedra). Haven't they lost most if not all of their power to really do things in making Mundus? Would it not make more sense to keep the Daedra as friend and worship them like the Dunmer do?
>>
>>50097932
>why do people worship the 8 divines
Culture.

>Haven't they lost most if not all of their power to really do things
Not really, they still interfere from time to time.

>Would it not make more sense to keep the Daedra as friend
The Princes are not your friends.
>>
>>50097993
Can you point me to that interfering from time to time? The only thing I can come up with is Talos giving the player a lucky coin in Morrowind (in disguise), and the prophet from Knights of Nine is also implied to be Talos iirc.

As for not being friends, perhaps friend was the wrong choice of word. Perhaps better said as "beings on whose bad side you don't want to get."
>>
>>50097932
>the 8 divines
Stopped reading there.

Why do people keep worshipping God?
>>
>>50098185
Except the existence of both the divines and the daedra are a certainty in TES. It's not like worshipping one automatically means denying the existences of the others. (Again, on purpose leaving Talos out because not aedra/daedra).

Perhaps I should rephrase it.
Throughout the games, we constantly see Daedra mingling with the world, whereas Aedra hardly do. Why is so much value put on the Aedra.
>>
>>50098106
>Can you point me to that interfering from time to time?
Akatosh literally appears in the middle of the Imperial City and facefucks Mehrunes Dagon.
>>
>>50098106
You're right, most of them did lose most of their power. The two times you mention are both Talos, who is a Divine but not an Aedra.

To be fair, you do also meet an avatar of Mara in Morrowind. This could be a product of mythopoeia, which feels like a cheap excuse sometimes.
>>
>>50098281
Totally different circumstances.
>>
>>50098106
>Can you point me to that interfering from time to time?
Convention.
Granting blessings.
Forging Pelinal's stuff.
Morihaus-Breath-of-Kyne.
Akatosh's Covenant with the Empire and his interference in the Oblivion Crisis.
Kyne breathing life into the Nords.
Mara manifesting as Ama Nin.
Standarr having an actual, physical hammer.

It doesn't even matter if it was actually the Divines or not, or if it even happened, as long as people think it was the Divines.

>>50098272
>Why is so much value put on the Aedra.
Because people believe in them.

You're making two huge flaws here. First, you're assuming that your knowledge as an actual person in the real world what has read a ton of TES lore is very transferable to an average in-universe Colovian dirtfarmer. Secondly, you're assuming that the matter of faith boils down to "choosing the god that appears to have the most agency". And that's obviously not valid.
>>
>>50098272
Daedra "mingle" with the world because they want to burn/murder/fuck/eat/read something. Aedra take an interest in the world because they like it.
>>
>>50098340
This clarifies some things, thanks.

>>50098382
Wouldn't it be better to state that Aedra have a vested interest because they actually sacrificed part of themselves to make it be, whereas daedra are more "interesting, but I'm not giving myself up for that"
>>
>>50098340
From an outside perspective you can, though, make distinction between cultural belief motifs, mythopoeia, and maybe even what "actually" happened. If you want to.
>>
>>50098404
Sure, we as fans ought to try to figure out "the truth", but that's not very relevant to the question of "Why do people in the setting have certain religious views?".
>>
>>50097932
The Divines still hold some power. Not only do they physically make up Nirn, they can still manifest themselves through avatars and other means. And if I'm not mistaken, they draw power from worship. I think there was even a term for this in TES lore, that you could achieve godhood if you're worshipped as one.
>>
File: arenavalenwood.png (89KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
arenavalenwood.png
89KB, 640x400px
I did it n'wahs, I made the Valenwood map. However, there's 3 dungeons I can't get the names of. Could anyone who actually has Arena give me the names?
>>
>>50098695
Is it good or bad that I don't even have to boot up the game to know this?

Anyway, the dungeon closest to Eldenroot (just south-east) is Selene's Web, and that's the only one you should bother naming. The two other are just random quest dungeons of no real significance.
>>
>>50098674
You might be thinking of CHIM, where you can achieve god hood by basically realizing you're already god.
>>
>>50098695
>Arnenthia
>Right across the border from Skingrad.

Still mad Oblivion didn't even try to do Elseweyr & Valenwood. Just a magic invisible "Nope, can't go there".
>>
>>50098695
NEAT
>>
>>50098558
Of course, right.

>>50098854
Mythopoeia.
>>
>>50098394
In that case aedra are like the people who pitch in for a new coffee machine in the office and the daedra are the people who don't pitch but expect investor privileges, and when they don't get to use the new machine they make a fucking mess in the break room.

Daedra are literally the room mates who eat your food, deny it, brag about it, and try to intimidate you when you bring it up.
>>
>>50098793
So Selene's Web is the only one uniquely named besides Elden Grove?

Dang, I hate having to fetch the maps from google images. I'm too autistic to live with those random dungeons on the map so I'll have to do it all over again if I can get a proper map.

Also, what's the name of that one town I missed? It's in the southeast.
>>
>>50099632
Longhaven.
>>
>>50099743
Thanks. Think you could get a 'cleaner' screenshot of Valenwood's map? With only Elden Grove and Selene's Web, not the random dungeons?
>>
Kynareth has blessed us with another beautiful day here at Daggerfall.
>>
>>50097775
stay warm comfy kitto
>>
>>50097932
Because the Aedra are benevolent and literally a part of the world mortals live on.
They may not be as personal as the Daedra, but they definitely hold more influence over Mundus than their wicked counterpart.

Regardless, the idea of that the gods have 'power levels' is an incredibly shortsighted way of seeing things to begin with.
>>
>>50099798
On Sunday. I've just left home for the weekend.
>>
I've become such a lorefag that I'm replaying all the games with more lore friendly heroes..
Fucking help. My need for my playthroughs to work within the lore has taken over my playing of the games.
>>
>>50101997
>lore friendly heroes
So like Talin?
>>
File: disgonbegud.png (4KB, 292x236px) Image search: [Google]
disgonbegud.png
4KB, 292x236px
>>50101117
thanks in advance
>>
>>50102025
more like I only ever had 2 characters, a breton spellsword and a khajiit nightblade
it didn't make sense to me that a khajiit would be chosen as the dragonborn, and have the same skills and race as the nerevarine.
or that the heroes of Arena, Daggerfall and Oblivion were all basically the same Breton

it doesn't have to match the promotional material but it can't seem weird when I think of the series as a whole
>>
>>50098297
It's really not.
>>
>>50099866
It's good to see you, Knightanon.
>>
>>50102165
It's can be so, nothing says the Nerevarine has to be a Dunmer with a grey ponytail. The Nerevarine, CoC, and LDB could all be Breton Gishes, or Khajiit punchcats for all lore is concerned.
>>
>>50099363
They also kill your cat in order to just get some leftovers out of the fridge.
>>
>>50102303
oh I know, my nerevarine's still a khajiit mage because it actually works damn well with the Azura connection and whole outlander part of the prophecy (also I love the irony of their greatest hero being reincarnated as a race they enslave)

but Khajiit dragonborn just seems off, there's literally no basis for it and unless you're doing a punchcat playthrough it just doesn't make sense that Akatosh would pick a random cat
Nords or Bretons work due to Talos. Imperials could be a loooong distant relation of some Septim branch. (Martin canonically had Sanguine's Rose at some point in the past, dude's bound to have some unknown bastard child)
I guess even though any race technically could be dragonborn I don't see why they would. Throughout all of history it's only been humans.
>>
>>50102430
What are dragons but big cats?
>>
>>50102662
winged argonians
>>
>>50102246
Do you think gender specific terms exist for Knights, like Knight and Dame in Tamriel?
>>
>>50102662
Basically just megalomaniacal lizards with wings; a cat is a narcissist mammal with a drug addiction.
>>
>>50102165
There's absolutely nothing strange about a Khajiit dragonborn. The very concept is constructed to allow such a thing.
>>
Okay faggots, riddle me this
>as per lore, Bosmer are actually ugly forest goblins with perma-glamor
>Khajiit Ohmes look like Bosmer, or at least close enough to be mistaken for one

So are Bosmer really imitating the Khajiit in their most elven forms?
>>
>>50102795
Knights have historically been male, so it makes sense that they don't have a female equivalent name.

In Tamriel, Sera now means sir and Muthsera now means madam. Or it could have always meant that, and I misremembered how Dunmer addresses worked.
>>
>>50103351
No, they just have a common ancestor, and that appears to be a remnant.
>>
>>50102701
>>50102795
It's a joke on how they view Alkosh as "a real big cat".
>>
>>50103585
Not Tamriel, just Morrowind. And Muthsera is just Sera+.
>>
>>50103351
So are we then justified in bullying Forgot?
>>
>>50102701
winged argonians are just the Sarpa tribe.
don't worry, they're shut-ins, they're harmless
>>
>>50102795
No, everyone's just a Knight. It's a position/occupation, not really something gender specific.
ESO uses Dame, but a UESP search gives me not a single other occurrence of that term.

>>50103351
Nah, that wouldn't really make sense.
>>
>>50097602
Is the "khajiit come in many different forms" thing still canon? As in that they can birth housecats, catgirls, larger cats, "normal" khajiit and everything in between?
>>
>>50103946
Yes.
>>
So.... Why have none of the gods or daedra done anything with/about the Snow Elves? From the divine perspective (we know that they at the very least worshipped Auri-El), it seems wrong/unusually cruel to let them become completely destroyed after ages of warfare, to the point of them losing their "black soul", especially at the hands of the "gods rejecting" dwemer.

As for the Daedra, surely there would've been Falmer who were desperate and aware of their position looking to make deals with someone who weren't the dwemer.
>>
>All the Temples to Stendarr and his Crusaders are in the backwoods, small, irrelevant regions of High Rock
Come on, you can't expect me to be from some literal where place like Phrygias.
>>
>>50104058
Maingame lore or ESO lore?
>>
>>50104025
The gods can interfere, but usually not that much.
>>
>>50104111
Main game.

Though places like Camlorn or Evermore might have Temples to Stendarr and knightly orders too.
>>
>>50104135
Are you referring to where temples appear in Daggerfall?

Because that's not an accurate representation of Tamriel.
>>
>>50104181
It is an accurate representation of High Rock, and Bretons.
>>
>>50104194
No it's not.

In size, maybe. But little else.
>>
>>50104194
>>50104243
I haven't played it myself, but wasn't most of daggerfall randomly generated with probably the exception of main plot important locations?
>>
>>50104286
It was a procedural generation, I think, like Bethesda generated it randomly and then shipped it out after adding the important locations by hand. Kind of like the landscape in Oblivion.
>>
>>50104286
Cities, including where temples appeared were set though.
>>
>>50104367
And you think that's a 100% accurate rendition of High Rock? Like, if you were teleported to the actual Tamriel, it would look exactly the same with exactly the same amount of people saying the exact same lines and with all the houses on the exact same flat plane?

No, it wouldn't. Because even if the size is closer than the other games, it's still a vastly scaled down version of the world.

And temples to Stendarr exist in other provinces too.
>>
>>50104417
But who wants to be a Breton in other providences?
>>
>>50104441
Good point.
>>
>>50104058
>hating on the province that has the skeffington coven
Besides, it's not like you have to be from any of those areas. You don't have to worship the regional deity, and there's still temples to them outside those areas.

>>50104181
There's no reason to assume that the regional deity system isn't correct. In fact, it's supported by the lore in the case of Daggerfall's Kynareth worship being plot relevant.

>>50104417
>And you think that's a 100% accurate rendition of High Rock?
No one is arguing that, you spastic. Stop acting dumber than you are.
>>
>>50104512
Are you offended or something?

>It is an accurate representation of High Rock, and Bretons.

It ain't.
>>
>>50104581
I'm just tired of pointless arguments that serve completely no purpose.

>It ain't.
I never said it was. You're shadowboxing.
>>
>>50104598
It's not like there's anything better to talk about.

You might not have, but someone did. Not that it's a huge deal.
>>
>>50103692
Dunmeri culture exists where Dunmer do. As of Oblivion, it is gendered.
>>
>>50104651
Right, but it's still a Dunmer language thing, not a Tamriel wide phrase. You wouldn't walk into a court in Sentinel and be addressed by a Forebear as "sera."

How is it used in Oblivion?
>>
>>50104512
>Liking any place that sounds like Skeletington Cove
I don't want to hear anymore rattling at night
>>
>>50104441
You mean the people who are commonly sellsword adventurers in other provinces, looking for gold, glory, and a hill to call their own?
>>
>>50104673
Just as I said. Look at the Dunmer page in Oblivion.
>>
>>50104675
Skeffington Cover sounds pretty nice from what we hear of it.

Also, if you don't think conjuring spooky skelingtons is the tightest shit ever, get out of my face.
>>
>>50104702
>Gold
>Glory
Petty, a TRUE knight does what they do out of duty.
>>
>>50104675
>rattling
I'd be more concerned about the screaming skeletons.
>>
>>50103196
no but a khajiit nerevarine AND a khajiit dragonborn make me wonder why tf the higher beings keep picking khajiit
>>
>>50104441
>Humans that live a bit longer
>Bonus to magicka
>Dragonskin
>50% Resistance to magicka
>Cute petite grills.
>Intelligence, Willlpower
>Passionate and artistic.

Doesn't sound that bad. Fuck, if I could trade my physical attributes for higher mental stats or even magic in real life I would. Not being as jaded or apathetic, with more discipline would be nice. And in a world full of magic and curses, resisting them and physical attacks sounds good.

I can see the appeal, especially if you wanted to be an adventurer.
>>
>>50104772
Not all Bretons are Knights. Some are just adventurers like Bards, Sorcerers, Healers, or Spellswords.
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't get why people keep calling Hermaeus Mora a big bad all the time? As far as I know, the evil comitted by him ingame is:
>Make player gather one soul of each race for followers use in rituals
10 kills
>Make player gather blood of elven races to recreate dwemer blood
5 kills. And technically one could argue you could've gathered the blood from living subjects.
>Discards Septimus once Oghma Infinium is retrieved
1 more kill
>Gave Miraak knowledge of bend will shout
>Killed Skaal Shaman to absorb his knowledge

Sure, he's responsible for kills, but no more or less than most daedric princes. I'd argue he's one of the better ones, by mortal morals. He does not ask you for, on greater scale,
>Deceit (Boethia)
>Destruction (Mehrunes Dagon)
>Domination (Molag Bal)
>Instinctive Repulsion (Namira)
>Pestilence (Peryite)
>Nightmares (Vaermina)

Maybe I'm just being too autistic over this, but HM strikes me as mostly decent Daedra. But that could also be because he knows so much, but reveals so little. But from what we know, he cares little to reveal, even for an ultimate plan. His ultimate plan would be to know all, not complete domination or some other evil thing. (I am assuming that knowing all does not mean big brother style constantly observing every mortal 24/7)
>>
>>50104948
He's also a trickster/tester/adversary type in Atmoran totemic faith.
>>
>>50104893
But you can't be a great warrior with no combat related perks
>>
>>50104948
don't forget all the souls he trapped in the flooded grove
he's a big bad because basically any time he gives a mortal information we've seen him kill them or enslave them immediately after, not to mention that gathering that information has normally required deaths of other mortals that will then have their blood/souls used
dude's more likely to betray you than clavicus vile and more likely to enslave you than molag bal
>>
>>50105011
Do push-ups, run, train in armor/weapons, then make a spell to replicate Berserk/Adrenaline Rush or just cast Dragonskin. Maybe conjure a bound weapon and armor.

Unless you're being facetious. Hard to tell on the internet.
>>
>>50104948
>just skyrim examples
Come on, Anon. Apply yourself.
Most of the Ysgramor myths are about overcoming Herma-Mora's vile treachery.

He's a big bad because he has no care for his worshippers, no concern for the ramifications of his schemes, and no reservations about doing anything as long as it results in him hoarding more knowledge. He's "less evil" because his goal isn't domination or murder itself, but he has no qualms about using that to get where he wants. He's no less amoral than any other Prince. Ranking them is kind of pointless.
He's a total and irredeemable asshole.
>>
>>50105062
>Using Conjuration
Whats it like being a supreme fag?
>>
>>50105063
But he isn't a big bad, which means the primary antagonist. That title would go to the daedra princes who actually concern themselves with utter destruction and dominance of others, those being Molag-Bal and Mehrunes Dagon respectively. The others are irredeemable assholes, but most of them are more concerned about fucking around with their followers and mortals in general than going full fuck force across Nirn. Remember, Herm's modus operandi is using others and taking from others as he pleases, but he limits himself generally to individuals rather than communities. And destruction and dominance over everything would go against his desires, that being the ability to gather all the knowledge in existence and discovering new knowledge before unseen. After filling Apocrypha with every single piece of data in existence he would become obsolete as he could no longer play with mortals either since the entire creation is bent to his will.
>>
>>50105063
>just skyrim
That first one is oblivion, and as far as I can recall he has no active role in Morrowind. Admittedly, I haven't played Arena or Daggerfall, or ESO.

Also, it might be me associating evil with DASTARDLY EVIL PLOTTING in the more classical way. He's evil more by inaction than actual action, I guess.
>>
>>50105136
>But he isn't a big bad, which means the primary antagonist.
But neither are most of the ones mentioned as examples of bad Princes in the post I replied to.
I'm not really concerned with him being a primary antagonist or not, I just want to dispel the notion that he's in any way not a amoral, corrupt spirit.

>>50105154
>more by inaction than actual action
Both, his actions are also problems.
His interactions with mortals are in general almost exclusively negative, unless you happen to be some spectacularly useful cultist. That said, if you ever stop being useful he's kill you without second thought if that would teach him another way to skin a Horker.
>>
File: Infosphere[1].jpg (28KB, 350x380px) Image search: [Google]
Infosphere[1].jpg
28KB, 350x380px
>>50105136
>After filling Apocrypha with every single piece of data in existence he would become obsolete
wait.... does that mean Hermaeus Mora's true form is...
>>
>>50105108
Pretty good, as long as I get to keep pitching to fags like you.
>>
>>50105396
Too bad you can't Conjure a pair of balls to fight like a man
>>
File: tumblr_nxxljqoom61r0uc86o1_1280.jpg (232KB, 600x642px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxxljqoom61r0uc86o1_1280.jpg
232KB, 600x642px
>>50102165
>4 characters into Skyrim and I'm only just now playing the obvious Nord stronk not-Conan angle.
>>
Is it possible to mantle the Dreamer/Godhead and awaken in their reality?
>>
>>50106068
I don't see any way that would work.
>>
File: l5r_the_vengeful_1600.jpg (198KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
l5r_the_vengeful_1600.jpg
198KB, 1600x1200px
Akaviris: actual animal people or just fantastical racism?
>>
>>50105431
We both fight with skill and strength, using weapons and armor. I just don't let mine weigh me down, don't have to repair mine, and maintain it by dominating Daedric spirits to be my bitch so I can have higher quality arms and armor that makes me even better at fighting and is weightless.

You just get heatstroke/hypothermia, show up to combat fatigued, only to have your armor get damages and have to break 400 hammers just for the next fight.

Git gud, casu-el.
>>
>>50105299
>I just want to dispel the notion that he's in any way not a amoral, corrupt spirit.
Wait, somebody actually questioned whether or not Herm is a giant cthulhu-esque douche nozzle who has no redeeming qualities, beyond a soothing voice, who only cares for his own multidimensional butt hole and the shit that gathers around it?
>>
>>50104651
>>50104716
It's never stated and the only thing that somewhat supports this idea is two lines of throwaway greetings that call male dunmers sera and females muthsera. I think it's far more likely that the intern who wrote that didn't bother to look up the usage of the word.
>>
Why does Molag Bal love blue fire so much?
>>
>>50106181
At least I hope, a little bit of both
>>
>>50107315
http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Dunmer

>"What is it, sera?" (if a Dunmer is talking to a fellow Dunmer, who is male)

>"What is it, muthsera?" (if a Dunmer is talking to a fellow Dunmer, who is female)
>>
>>50107383
Because he is the fire stone. Makes sense he'd love weird flames.
>>
>>50107415
Yes, those are the two throwaway greetings I mentioned.
>>
>>50107431
But it occurs in game, and frequently if you play Dunmer. Even if it's a mistake, it's a pretty big mistake.
>>
>>50107315
>>50107415
>>50107431
>>50107466
Does Skyrim make any mention of this? If it were something that has changed, that would probably be the thing that cements it.
>>
>>50107383
Can we talk about this for a moment?
What the fuck is cold-flame supposed to be? Not trying to shit on ESO or anything, just legitimatly curious if anyone has any idea what these atronachs are.
>>
>>50107489
I don't know. If any place would mention it, it would probably be dialogue from Dragonborn. I can check through that tomorrow if I'm not drunk.
>>
File: Flame_Atronach_variant.jpg (238KB, 1214x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Flame_Atronach_variant.jpg
238KB, 1214x1080px
>>50107529
pic related
>>
>>50107529
>>50107552
I only know what UESP tells me. I don't bother trying to make sense of ESO.
>>
>>50107654
Anything called DOP 9497.15 is cool.
>>
How is ESO compared to the mainline games? And to other MMOs?
>>
>>50104025
I feel this matter has never been properly addressed. I mean the obvious is that the Falmer were just a creation for the Skyrim game and its specific lore, and have no existence outside of the province or any other lore.

But, they seem to be a victim and uncared for in every respect (except the few scholars.)

They never had their slavery overcome like the Khajiit and Argonians. The Nerevarine, CoC, and LDD couldn't have been snow elf.

They are the unseen, the unseeing absence of all care.
>>
>>50108082
The Falmer and their defeat at the hands of the Atmoran settlers dates back to the PGE1.
>>
>>50104807
On a long enough timescale, this would not be unusual. If a "chosen one" can be a random race, then over enough time the same race occurring twice in a row or twice in recency would not be such an abnormality.

A coin flip is 50-50, but within 100 coin flips a stretch of 7 heads in a row is not abnormal; the end result will still be 50-50.

boom. probability. sample size. statistics.
>>
>>50108001
>mainline games?
Bad.
>other MMOs?
TERA does it better if you can handle the weebshit.
>>
>>50108082
>I mean the obvious is that the Falmer were just a creation for the Skyrim game and its specific lore, and have no existence outside of the province or any other lore.
Fucken n'wah, the falmer were part of the Tomb of the Snow Prince quest in Bloodmoon and it was theorized at the time they may have degenerated into the Rieklings.
>>
File: meridia_ii_by_danz535-d4rqrly.png (607KB, 1762x1633px) Image search: [Google]
meridia_ii_by_danz535-d4rqrly.png
607KB, 1762x1633px
>>
So who here has actually played the UESRPG? And who would be interested in playing?
>>
File: Leki.jpg (62KB, 260x311px) Image search: [Google]
Leki.jpg
62KB, 260x311px
>>50110119
>So who here has actually played the UESRPG?
Only briefly, group fell apart.

>And who would be interested in playing?
Depends on medium and timezone.
>>
>>
File: 6877480531_d0d8682c6d_o.jpg (1MB, 4179x4755px) Image search: [Google]
6877480531_d0d8682c6d_o.jpg
1MB, 4179x4755px
Did no one every believe the Nords' rumours about Snow Elves?

They're not that well hidden in Skyrim.
>>
>>50101997
>Not playing them with the most lore unfriendly heroes as possible
Can't speak for the first two games, but
>Not being argonian nerevarine to set up the future invasion of morrowind
>Not being an altmer hero to save Nirn by destroying the Septim bloodline, paving the way for aldmer dominion
>Not being an Altmer dragonborn, making stormcloaks win the rebellion, destroying the empire even more
>>
>>50110131
What did you play back then?
>>
>>50111251
I believe the implication is that their massive resurgence is only a thing as of 4th era. Before that they mainly kept to dwemer ruins, and relatively deep too. Also, about the "not that well hidden", ingame dwemer ruins are supposed to be relatively accessible, because otherwise they're.. well, just not a gameplay element. It'd be somewhat frustrating if you saw all these dwemer ruins but they're completely collapsed, or filled with doors that can't be unlocked because the mechanisms broke.

Also, someone did the math once and skyrim is about the size of Poland. Imagine if the people of Warsaw heard about how some farmers found the ruins of some old russian castle with displaced cossacks in them raiding the farm animals. They'd hardly take it seriously.
>>
>>50107539
I know that the follower Jenassa calls the dragonborn sera.
>>
File: 2015-03-14_00003.jpg (218KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-14_00003.jpg
218KB, 1024x768px
>>50105299
>That said, if you ever stop being useful he's kill you without second thought if that would teach him another way to skin a Horker.
>>
>>50109270
merid a BEST
>>
>>50111659
And would most people seeing the Falmer realize what they actually were anyway?

IIRC there's some dialogue around Whiterun where someone spotting one outside a particular cave, but they just call it some strange creature they'd never seen before or similar, if you actually go that cave you find it full of Falmer. They might have given a description that matches up with Falmer too I think.
>>
>>50097735
Could I get some more like this? Trying to show my friend why /tgesg/ is the best board.
>>
File: tesdiscussionstg.png (48KB, 885x392px) Image search: [Google]
tesdiscussionstg.png
48KB, 885x392px
>>50113279
5 minutes in MS paint
>>
>>50097932
>So, why do people worship the 8 divines
Cause there are nine of them ya silly cunt.
>>
File: Dwemeris.jpg (46KB, 339x175px) Image search: [Google]
Dwemeris.jpg
46KB, 339x175px
Why are the Dwemer so mysterious. Did they just not have any "foreign relations" at all? I mean, presumably there would be plenty of people who spoke or at least could read Dwemeris in addition to their own language. (Much like how in ancient Asia many scholars could, even if they didn't speak Chinese, at least read it because the written language was universal pretty much).

And then after the Dwemer disappear, surely there would be many people left who thought "Well fuck, they're gone. Let's take all their shit and use it for ourselves". I mean, it can't be that the Dwemer shunned writing down how their stuff worked, meaning that suddenly outside civilization could get free entry to all their cities and shit, as long as they had a decent enough force to deal with any animunculi and now masterless Falmer.
>>
>>50113734
I wonder how many people in the TES universe actually know how to read.

There is not one school in any of the games yet every peasant owns a book.
>>
>>50098854
Both are correct. Beleif has power in the setting, look at sovnegard.
>>
>>50113855
Presumably at the very least the mages guild has literacy as requirement or perhaps shoehorned in for the first-years. As for the lack of actual schools in the games, that could also have to do with cities being about a few dozen buildings big from morrowind on.

For the royalty, at least, and the rich, I assume they can afford private tutors for their children.
>>
>>50110119
Pretty much the same answers as him >>50110131
>>
>>50111251
Well considering the recent resurgence is supposed to be them getting resdy to go full genocide on the surface world cause they are salty cunts.

You are mostly killing scouting parties and frontliners.
>>
>>50113991
Can they really go "full genocide"? I thought they lost their sapience/sentience, no longer having black souls and all. This makes them on par with Giants.
>>
>>50113734
Apparently a lot of dunmer can't read.
>>
>>50113855
Parents can teach their kids too. There's nothing special about a teacher, they aren't a separate race.
>>
>>50114239
Hehe
New canon. The dragonborn was a teacher, who taught Alduin the error of his ways.
Technically this is right, since might makes right for Dragons and MUH FIGHTS ARE ACTUALLY VERBAL DEBATES
>>
>>50114104
I think thats just game design fuckups because they dont have the base.
They do seem smart enough to craft armor, housing and slaves. And they know magic. They just really, really hate the overworld.
>>
>>50113734
Unless I'm remembering something wrong, there were Dwemer invited to the coronation of some Cyrodiilic emperor once, along with Nerevar. Again, unless I'm remembering something wrong, certain dialects of Dwemeris are similar to Aldmeris, and can be translated by way of that.

The Dwemer, particularly the Vvardenfell Dwemer, were one of the most secretive cultures on Tamriel. The disappearance of the Dwemer is one of the reasons why no one messes with the stuff they left behind; they don't want to vanish as well. Also, the only people who would have been around to take it before the Empire rolled in and staked a legal claim on all Dwemer artifacts were the recently transformed Dunmer, who wouldn't have had an interest.

>>50113855
There are plenty of schools in Tamriel - in the lore. They even have printing presses.
>>
>>50102430
>Throughout all of history it's only been humans.
>forgetting empress katariah and arguably the nerevarine if you believe one of the hidden prophesies
This guy.
>>
File: IMG_3550.jpg (114KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3550.jpg
114KB, 680x1000px
>>50104025
>>50108082
>never been properly addressed
Well, it was lightly touched on, like many things in this series. Our good friend Knight-Paladin Gelebor does say a good amount of snow elves did try to strike out on their own. Some made alternate alliances, tried hiding out, etc, but eventually most either failed to hide from the nords, were killed by other means, outright vanished, or gave up and accepted the dwemer's offer. He does say it's quite possible their are other small groups who've succeeded in hiding their conclave. So officially, it's been left with room for expanding, but with enough said about it to have a decent grasp of the situation, again, like many things in TES.
>>
>>50113991
That's more a common rumor/theory than anything concrete. More likely they're just generally violent to anything that's not them, but since that's surface folk, it's seen as aimed violence, which implies they want to kill all surface folk, which implies they want to rule the world. It's all a big presumption.
>>50114576
They're compared to goblins in game at least once I think, and it's an accurate comparrison, they're both little more than beasts, but clever beasts that use tools.
>>
>>50113572
And so you die a heretics death.
>>
What do mages trade with Daedric Princes for Sigil Stones?
>>
>>50115869
Depends on the Prince.
>>
So why is it that Divayth Fyr is so old?
Is it just because he's supposed to be an epic tier character, or do mages normally get to be unaging within the setting?
>>
>>50116020
Epic tier, definitely
>>
>>50108001
>mainline games?
Pretty much the same, if you like MMOs it's better.
>other MMOs?
Has a very nice combat and does a lot of stuff other MMOs don't.
>>
>>50114743
>there were Dwemer invited to the coronation of some Cyrodiilic emperor once
Corontation of the Alessian Emperor, Goreius.
Mentioned in Rislav the Righteous.
>>
>>50116086
>does a lot of stuff other MMOs don't.

Like what ?
>>
>>50116020
A bit of both. Magic isn't enough for unaging, but it can help.
>>
>>50116073
But do we get any sort of insight about how he got to be that longevous? Like, dealing with daedras, or just being particularly good at restoration and alchemy?
>>
>>50111646
Punchydude.
>>
>>50110119
>So who here has actually played the UESRPG? And who would be interested in playing?
I played a short campaign. Ended when we got tpk'd (fucking mishaps).
>playing over internet
Whew, count me out.
>>
>>50116195
I mean the group, sorry
>>
>>50112820
This man speaks the truth.

>>50113734
Because the Dwemer were a largely isolationistic and xenophobic culture, and didn't have the habit of letting outsiders into their culture. Dumac seemed to be kind of open, but they viewed themselves above all others.

Compare it to learning Khajiiti martial arts. It's a complete mystery to most, but you can actually learn Ta'agra, and study in Elsweyr. Meanwhile you could learn Dwemeris, but you couldn't take a class in Tonal Architecture. So when the Dwemer went away, few really understood how that stuff worked.

Besides, there's probably less of an incentive to write down or spread things orally if you can communicate through the Dreamsleeve. And a lot of Dwemer "writings" like Lexicons, are so obscure to use that you can't just read them as long as you know Dwemeris. It's also possible that they had a cultural focus on apprenticeship as opposed to just writing everything down.
Add in that they were paranoid fuckers, and that all their deathtraps stayed behind when they went away.
>>
>>50114296
>debates
That sort of implies they're listening to each other, as opposed to just shrieking at the top of their lungs.
>>
>>50116122
Not him, but rather than a central auction house guilds set up shops in cities to sell goods. You can customize your abilities beyond just leveling them statically, any class can heal/tank/dps but some do oy easier than others. Rather than cooldowns you manage resources. Any class can use any armor/weapon. As of recently, the world is scaled to you, so you can quest where ever when ever.
>>
>>50116020
Well, many Telvanni councilors are necromancers and they use their necromancy to extend their lifespans. Maybe Fyr does as well, being Telvanni himself.
>>
>>50111634

those are not lore unfriendly, it acually makes sense.
>>
>oh boy it's friday, time for my favorite 4chins general
>page down, page down, page down
>steal fresh memes
>steal nice pictures and links I haven't seen before
>catch up on never ending tamriel rebuilt etc.
>welp, see you next week
>>
>>50115543
I dont think they are naturally stupid, just victims of their situation because of the dwemer version of hobbling.

They basically faced an apocalyptic even with the fall of their dwemer masters, without even being able to adabt properly to their blindness they are suddenly thrown in the dark. Their masters who fed them are gone, their machines probably set to kill because the dwemer were cunts like that. They probably killed eachother to not starve to death and it went from shitty to worse from there. They probably thought they had left them for the surface as a final fuck you, henerations later they only know that not like you=the old masters who we hate.
>>
>>50114104
Souls don't have much to say about intelligence. A retarded Nord or an Orc vegetable still have white souls. Giants, Falmer and Hagravens (who are all geniuses compared to most animals) have black souls.
>>
Do Orcs and their Orsinium threaten my city of Daggerfall? I'm guessing they do, who wants to join me and destroying the Orsinium again?
>>
>>50119015
>Do Orcs and their Orsinium threaten my city of Daggerfall?
Time period matters here.
Generally it's not really a threat to Daggerfall City in particular.
>>
>>50118876
>A retarded Nord or an Orc vegetable still have white souls. Giants, Falmer and Hagravens (who are all geniuses compared to most animals) have black souls.
I think you got that reversed.
>>
>>50119194
I did.
Thanks.
>>
>>50114296
>>50116534
shouting could've been improved mechanically to support this

like being able to counter certain shouts with other shouts
>>
>>50119371
Why? There's nothing in the nature of a shout that says they're supposed to counter each other. It's not a debate.
There's lorewise established ways to stop shouters (like gagging them or jamming your cock into their mouth) and ways counter them (swallowing). If you're thinking of mechanics, just add the latter.
>>
>>50116122
Sorry, was busy playing it and having fun, but besides what >>50116576 said, the world feels more alive than most MMOs, there are a fuckhugeton of books and lore to find and read, exploration is very rewarding, dungeons and trials have fun mechanics, thieving, murdering and other stealth stuff, I could go on but I'd rather go back to roleplaying
>>
>>50113524
Good stuff. Thx
>>
>>50105154
In Daggerfall he makes you kill a random noble to get his book. Now to be fair pretty much all of the Daedra quests in Daggerfall were "go here and kill this guy then come back for your reward."
>>
>>50107552
>>50107529
>>50107383

His favorite color is blue. Do you need any other explanation?
>>
>>50113855
If you hadn't noticed children npc's only became a thing with Skyrim. If you don't have kids modeled then there really isn't a reason to model schools that'll just be empty.

I would also point out that every single bandit camp in all of the games have letters and journals written by the bandits. So it's safe to assume everyone in Tamriel learns how to read and write even if they are poor.

This isn't all that weird actually. In real life for example, the Roman empire had an extremely high literacy rate to the point where even some slaves were literate. The idea was that you had to be able to read, write, and do basic math to be able to do your job even if you were a slave. For one example: its alot easier after all to just have the people working on a dockyard to read the cargo manifests and names printed on the crates then to need a foremen to constantly have to point out which crates and jars to move. So people were taught how to read as part of their job training even if they hadn't already as children before.
>>
>>50120416
True, but there's some difference in how it's presented:

>Vaermina
>"This lich I gave power to stopped listening to me, kill him. But it's really just an excuse to morally corrupt you".

>Hircine
>"I've given someone the gift of lycanthropy, but he's being a bitch and doesn't appreciate it. Go kill him for being such an ungrateful little shit."

>Azura
>"There's this little healer that's been talking shit about me, how about you go shut her up or whatever and I'll give little unimportant you a trinket or something."

There's also a pretty big difference in how they talk. Meridia tries to come off as nice and friendly, Mehrunes Dagon is a bumbling brute, and Azura is haughty as fuck.
>>
>>50119015
Eh, why not. Let me go speak to a few Redguard buddies of mine and let's have a party.
>>
>>50120759
>So people were taught how to read as part of their job training even if they hadn't already as children before.
More like, you can't read you won't get hired.
>>
>>
>>50116148
They just mention Telvanni use necromancer arts for immortality, and it's implied that they don't need to sleep.
>>
>>50116148
His intimate knowledge of corpus disease I'd wager.
>>
I remember the beginnings of a discussion the other day in the main thread that never got going, and it left me wondering: What are some arguments for or against a paladin using alteration magic?
>>
>>50123558
Why wouldn't a paladin use Alteration? It's not considered evil. It's used to enhance combat, which I could see a paladin using.
>>
>>50123558
>main thread
I'm new here. Is this not the main thread? Is that why it's slow as hell 24/7?
>>
>>50123736
This is somewhat of a branch of >>>/vg/tesg
>>
Quick question guys. So Vivec achieved CHIM which essentially puts him at the very top of the TESverse along with Talos power levels wise, right? Why couldn't he CHIM Dagoth-Ur away?
>>
>>50123745
Yeah i know about that place. I left for here because it's mostly waifu shit.
>>
>>50123771
Yeah that's typical of people here I guess. Waifu shit is fine as long as the characters are fleshed out or the creator is good at screenshotting. It's the petty drama and sperg-outs that get tiresome. It was really bad yesterday.
>>
>>50123762
Using CHIM in non-subtle ways could disturb the dreamer. Don't ask how Talos CHIMed an entire province from a jungle into yurope.
>>
>>50123847
Even the dreamer knows cyrodiil is a pleb province, below notice
>smugmer.jpg
>>
>>50123847
>Using CHIM in non-subtle ways could disturb the dreamer
Please stop spreading this meme. There is not a single source that even slightly implies this.
>>
One more question, is Michael Kirkbride's stuff that he has written after not being with Bethesda considered canon at all? Or in the case of C0DA, non-canon?

>>50124146
I am the guy who asked the question that he replied to. Is there a better explanation?
>>
>>50116020
Yes.
Epic level magic is the answer. It's even mentioned in Skyrim that what you learn will last you a lifetime. Several if you've got the talent.
>>
File: 9rujvAs.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9rujvAs.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>50120797
>Meridia tries to come off as nice and friendly
>>
File: dagoth ur and CHIM.jpg (745KB, 1944x2584px) Image search: [Google]
dagoth ur and CHIM.jpg
745KB, 1944x2584px
>>50123762
I always understood it as Dagoth Ur's sort of anti-CHIM thing was powerful enough to protect him from that kind of fuckery from Vivec, or other fuckery from the Tribunal.

His anti-CHIM, is in the beginning of this image, I must not have saved the version that was just that.
>>
>>50124216
I don't view it as canon, but I like to understand it to understand the lore he has already written in games.
For example, Lorkhan's original goal, or how Hjalti is doubly confirmed to be a Breton.
>>
>>50124819
>Zero-summing
Spooky
>>
>>50119509
The problem with ESO is that they fucked over the lore.

I mean, Dunmer and Nords fucking eachother (and dwemer) over constantly and consistently for the past several thousand years before the interregnum, and then fucking eachother over constantly and consistently *after* the interregnum...

But during the events of ESO they're besties and work together! Just so that they can have a 'Alliance/Horde' thing just because WoW did it. I mean, at least they don't have the argonians on that team too, because if there's one thing post-dwemer dunmer hated more than Nords, it was argonians. All dem slaves....

OH WAIT. THE ARGONIANS ARE ON THE SAME TEAM.

and don't even get me started with the 'can't make buildings out of poetry' bullshit.
>>
>>50125845
>enemies can't band together to fight a greater threat
>>
>>50125845
In defense of ESO, it is mentioned time and again that the Ebonheart Pact is by far the most unstable and crazy of the alliances that only exists because of the other alliances. They are the three guys who hate each other in class but everyone else already formed their groups for the class group project.

It's not the strongest reason for them to be together (many of ESO's excuses aren't, see: the whole Wood Elves city thing,) but it's possible.
>>
>>50125878
>>50125916
Yeah, I suppose. It's just that the Ebonheart pact is just one of MANY things that bothered me about ESO.

For example, the first image I ever saw of ESO was an argonian complaining about being sick and praising sithis to a stranger. In a setting where argonians literally don't get sick. It's like a dude in the bible belt being 'Thank LUCIFER HIMSELF that you're here! I'm on my period, despite being male as shit. Do you have any pads?'

The '20 year old elf queen' that looks like an adult despite the fact she should be a toddler at that age.

The lack of khajit breeds in khajit-ville, even for NPCs. I mean, all you'd need is take a simple 'tiger' model and give it lynx ears and mess with its sizes and you just dealt with an entire third of the khajit NPC population. Give some Bosmer models fur textures and tails for the other third.

The entire asthetic of everything. 'a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors'... Becomes a dumb stone building, or even worse, stolen Night Elf houses from Warcraft 3.

And finally (and I'm not sure about this, seeing as I haven't played ESO once I found out it'd be bullshit) that the Tsaesci fucked off. Despite ESO supposedly being basically around the time that the Tsaesci invaded and shit all over everything.
>>
>>50123817
No, all waifus are bad and have nothing to do with the games.
>>
>>50126314
How so? That's just wrong.
>>
>>50125845
>>50126016
You are one of those fags that has not played ESO enough to know about the shitty lore of ESO.

What you listed can be explained away in some way, shape or form.

A quest where you go to Far Shores, take a soul, go back to Mundus and somehow return the soul back into the body. Yes, ESO has the first revival in TES even though due to the way souls work it should basically be impossible and all in lore attempts to do so have created horrible crazy monsters.
>>
>>50126016
>>50126326
Or how about a quest where some random apprentice mage opens a portal to past through which you send your mind into a mind of another guy from past to discover some stuff...but you can actually alter time because in past if you change outcome of events it actually changes future for you.

So this apprentice mage learned some above=Psijic level magic where he can create Dragonbreaks at will.

I can go on, there are so many horrible genuine instances of lore RAPE and I hate that people complain about fucking shitty dialogues with poisoned Argonians or whatever.
>>
>>50126322
The Elder Scrolls is not a barbie simulator, those fucks should make a waifu general and leave the other threadS alone.
>>
>>50126355
Not all of them are Diana-tier waifus, anon. Most actually play the game with them. Think of them as female characters. Is that so bad?
>>
>>50126377
They're not posting about the game and adding a regular screenshot, they put the abomination in a pose they like, take some screenshots and post them.
For fucks shake, some are dressed as modern people and set in modern rooms, what on earth does this shit have to do with The Elder Scrolls?? I don't even know how many people have left that thread just because of this. They should leave to their own shithole or be banned.
>>
>>50126415
>they posts screenshots taken from Skyrim
>"what on earth does this shit have to do with The Elder Scrolls?"
Nice one anon. At least we have this thread to contain people like you who get triggered by TES screenshots that they don't like.
>>
>>50126465
Mmm... This comments seems out of place...
>checks cancerthread
>sees >>>/vg/159512375
Ok, you're a mongoloid, >>50126377
>>
>>50126465
Post them in /g/, as you took them with your computer.
>>
>>50126415
There are plenty of people who post about their own characters which perfectly fit the universe. There's regulars who write stories, use screenshots as storyboards, and who draw.

That you're focusing on the absolute worst /tesg/ has to offer is hilarious, because the general consensus is that Diana-tier glamazons should take their arses back to LoversLab or /aco/

tl;dr: You sound bitter.
>>
>someone thinks Mora is somehow not the final bbeg of Skyrim and also just as much of a dickbag, if not moreso, to mortals as his fellow princes

This is almost as hilariously wrong as those who think Azura and Merida are "good" deadra.
>>
>>50126493
Friendly reminder that this thread is the containment thread
>>
>>50126524
I haven't been there in 6 months ot so, it seems the worst of the cancer as indeed been purged in that time, so congrats, I may go back and see if it's true, the worst posters came later in the day IIRC

>>50126536
Just kill yourself already
>>
>>50126524
Couldn't have said it better myself. Too many people here just get so fucking angry about original characters, creativity, and role-playing in a role-playing game series (god forbid).
>>
>>50126524
Oh, and I never complained about drawing, storytelling or actual characters posted for a reason (and not as a bannable avatar). I think those are great and fit the thread.
>>
>>50126549
You seem upset. It's not healthy to be like that.
>>
>>50126564
>muh avatar
Okay so you're one of the "everybody MUST be anonymous" types? Do you hate social atmospheres in general?
>>
>>50126581
No, I just used the avatar argument to get waifuposters banned, but let's move this discussion to /tesg/

Sorry for bringing it here in the first place.
>>
You know what's FUCKING STUPID? Elf lifespans. Why isn't there a clear-cut length of time given for the average lifespan of each of the races of mer? In my head it's Altmer: 1000, Dunmer: 650, Bosmer: 300, Orc: 60 based on each race's relative affinity to magic (and orcs tending to kill themselves when they turn 40). Thoughts?
>>
>>50107529
ask /tesog/
>>
>>50126869
We've discussed this and got different numbers, I think there was a source that talked about Dunmer reaching 300 years in average.
>>
>>50126893
You're not talking about that TESO q&a thing as a source, are you? Just checking.
>>
File: tesg.jpg (71KB, 538x307px) Image search: [Google]
tesg.jpg
71KB, 538x307px
>>50123745
just because they link to us doesn't mean we're a 'branch'

we're vastly superior to those fags
>>
>>50126908
I don't think so, but I can't be certain, it was some dunmer saying how old he was and how long he thought he had left
>>
>>50126869
I always figured that elf lifespans were similarly long, it's just that dunmer, bosmer, and orcs live more dangerous lives. Dunmer have shitty healthcare and all that ash and shit can't be good for them, bosmer are savage rapscallions and only the young ones leave their forests- meaning nobody ever sees the extremely old ones- and orcs are warmongering third-class citizens that love malacath and fightan' too much.

Altmer end up living a thousand years not because they have a naturally longer lifespan, it's just that they spend that life living in a nice clean tower doing wizard shit, and they actually end up old enough to start physically breaking down.
>>
>>50126980
Orcs are too different from the other elves
>>
>>50126326
>>50126347
I can't see what's actually wrong with either of this, at least stuff citing situations where this is somehow impossible.
>>
>>50123558
>main thread
I'm sure a lot of us, like me, never use /tesg/.
>>
Do you think it snows in Morrowind?
>>
>>50127383
Time-travel without Breaking the Dragon is possible. It creates wounds though.
Basically in ESO you didn't break the dragon, you just gave it a papercut on its dick.

Shivering Isles had a guy who could resurrect. Indeed, Skyrim also affirms that it's possible, just so fucking difficult you have to either have gods or someone exploiting alchemy to accomplish it.
>>
>>50127436
It snows ash, especially after Red Mountain had its little shitfit.
>>
>>50127436
In Arena if you visited Morrowind in the winter it snowed.
>>
>>50127445
Heck, the guy who resurrects High King Bill is the afterlife in the first place.
>>
>>50127471
Is the god of the afterlife* that is.
>>
File: 1471340313919.png (675KB, 575x803px) Image search: [Google]
1471340313919.png
675KB, 575x803px
>>50127470
Arena had seasons?
>>
>>50127487
Arena and Daggerfall had winter & summer depending on what month it was and what region you were located at.

Also they both had holidays.
>>
>>50127487
Yep.

The reason every game after Daggerfall starts in the fall is because that's the season the map is supposed to be.
>>
>>50127502
Fallout 4 managed holidays, so who knows.
>>
>>50127524
When you think about it, it makes sense why Beth scrapped holidays & seasons with Morrowind. Time in the first two games moved a lot faster compared to the newer games where you can finish almost everything in the vanilla game in as little as 3 ingame months.
>>
>>50127617
Pretty much. If games took place over months or years you could put in a lot more systems because you'd expect more things to happen.
Reminds me of the Morrowind romance mod where you can have kids that grow, but it takes actual in-game years.
>>
>>50127436
I suspect only in winter, in northeast Morrowind (around Blacklight)
>>
>>50127617
Confirmed, did all factions and main quest plus Tribunal and Bloodmoon in 6 in-game months, and that's with sleeping in a bed every in-game night.
>>
>>50127617
In a way they didn't totally scrap seasons, just dynamic ones. Instead in Oblivion and Skyrim we just get different regions existing in their own season basically, with Skyrim leaning heavily on winter where Oblivion did spring/summer.

I do remember seeing snow falling in places other than Bruma in Oblivion during the winter, though that was probably a weather mod.
>>
>>50123762
CHIM is the understanding that you are one with the universe and vice-versa. You have the power to conquest everything, but you lose the will to do so, because you know you already ARE everything. You can only do things out of love.
Talos changed Cyrodiil, out of love for his red legions.
Vivec had some for of regret for what happened to Dagoth Ur, and didn't want to take action against him.
>>
File: nirngravity.png (550KB, 952x1648px) Image search: [Google]
nirngravity.png
550KB, 952x1648px
A classic.
>>
>>50127950

Which board is this from? I can see the dates but post numbers are far too low for /tg/
>>
File: 42160-1-1340596616.jpg (531KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
42160-1-1340596616.jpg
531KB, 1680x1050px
Why are paper lanterns so widespread in Vvardenfell?
Wouldn't the windy ash storms keep blowing them away?
Or do they keep them for the 10/10 aesthetic?
>>
>>50128228
Notice that little cone-shaped plate on top? That's to keep the ash out of the lantern when the wind blows. But they probably don't have enough glass or anything to make proper lanterns, and open flames would just get snuffed out.

Though that also looks kind of like a kwama egg. Maybe they're empty eggshells instead of paper?
>>
>>50128185
noncuckchan's tes board
>>
>>50128228
What do those letters say?
>>
>>50127436
Sure, around Blacklight.

>>50127617
I think completing Arena's plot took me around three and a half years of ingame time, and I was practically speedrunning it by the end.
>>
>>50128572
"Forge darkness into light"

Had to boot morrowind to see the "da" in darkness. If you look closely, the A is inside the D.
>>
File: VivecBTFO.png (60KB, 902x538px) Image search: [Google]
VivecBTFO.png
60KB, 902x538px
>>50128185
the other chan's /tes/ board

>>50128560
tbqh I find 'noncuckchan' absolute trash, even the /tes/ board is mediocre. And I'm the one making the screencaps
>>
File: indorilBTFO.png (29KB, 931x280px) Image search: [Google]
indorilBTFO.png
29KB, 931x280px
>>50128715
>"Forge darkness into light"
holy shit I did not expect it to actually say anything

that's dope as fuck
>>
>>50128722
>tbqh I find 'noncuckchan' absolute trash
So I do. Doesn't make this one any better
>>
>>50128715
Wow, nice
>>
>>50124216
Love, capital L.
>>
File: 1454196819477.png (162KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454196819477.png
162KB, 480x360px
So, the Khajiiti Clan Mother tradition is basically a mirror of their mythology (Clan Mother/Favoured Child mirroring Fadomai/Azurah). And I think that's cool as fuck.
Reminds me somewhat of Orlanthi traditions in Glorantha, just not as explicit.

Are there any other cool examples of mortal cultures aping or reenacting their gods?
>>
>>50128796
Mostly specific events: Enantiomorphs, the founding of the Empire. Breton hill fetishism.
>>
>>50128811
That's not quite the same thing though, unless you're purposefully recreating those events.
>>
Have no clue why these n'wahs take to such issue with necromancy! The dead have no rights, the dead are not citizens, the dead can fight in battles that the living otherwise would! Why are we allowing this I'll-rationed sense of ethics to be imposed on us by the empire?
>>
>>50129064
Dunmer are all about that ancestor worship, they wouldn't want some fetcher in a black hood jamming things into their ancestors. Also most Dunmer are cremated when they die. The ones who aren't actually do raise to protect their family tombs.
>>
>>50129178
Isn't having bits of you put into making a ghost fence supposed to be an honor as well?
>>
>>50126016
>The '20 year old elf queen' that looks like an adult despite the fact she should be a toddler at that age.

It's canon that elves develop as fast as humans: an 18-year-old elf is as adult as an 18-year old human. They just age slower after they're adults.

It's not D&D.
>>
>>50129876
Then why don't we see any refugee Dunmer children? Checkmate Nerevar.
>>
>>50129953
The netches ate them.
>>
>>50129064
>imposed by the empire
The empire has government sanctioned necromancers, if anything the brought in heretics like yourself.
>>
>>50129064
The Empire doesn't give a fuck about necromancy itself, only the late 3rd era / early 4th era Mage's guild did due to the plicies of one of their Archmages, adn that fucked died and later the guild disbanded.
>>
File: 1439369788223.jpg (112KB, 450x900px) Image search: [Google]
1439369788223.jpg
112KB, 450x900px
>>50126326
The Ebonheart Pact isn't too farfetched superficially, but there is some shit in ESO that really just make you realize that the while 'oh the alliance is kinda unstable' was ESO just trying to save its ass.
For example, there is a Nord who literally holds a fucking fief withing Deshaan, which is itself ridiculous. But that's not all, this Nord has married a Dunmer (who iirc was noble). Dunmer viewed Nords as being practically animals around this time, and marrying other races was seen as the work of Molag Bal. This 'wife' would have to been inhumanly lucky to not have been exiled, if not immediately assassinated by the Morag Tong.
And the idea that Argonians (who are viewed as being even more primitive than Nords) would ever be given freedom at this time is absolutely ludicrous. I could see that Argonian army being granted amnesty, and perhaps a treaty outlawing 'en'slavement of Argonians for a few years. But granting freedom to all Argonians and letting them settle! Slavery is not just some moral issue in Morrowind, the economy literally runs on it, and getting rid of it would cause severe distress. If the EP is supposed to be a defensive alliance, wouldn't the last thing Morrowind would want to do is destroy its own economic foundations? It's also stated that Telvanni refused the EP, but they're going to tell me that the Dres did?
But to go even further, and Argonians are not only actually being allowed to make their own settlements in Dunmer territories, but they plant a fucking Hist tree in Ebonheart (which is as good as claiming the land their own) and its somehow evil to disagree with this in-game? That's my biggest problem with this, the people who are shown to not agree with the EP are generally depicted as being evil or in the wrong, despite the fact that if the EP was truly 'unstable' (and if the foreign relations were treated in an actual lorefriendly way), disdain for the EP would be extremely prevalent. And they pull the same shit with AD.
>>
File: 1477895094966.png (792KB, 719x701px) Image search: [Google]
1477895094966.png
792KB, 719x701px
Have you heard of the high elves?
>>
>>50131123
One of the worst things ESO has done is actually making it lore how only the parts of provinces you can visit are the ones part of the alliances. Everything related to mechanics and limitations of the game has to become lore, which really fucks shit up.
>>
The worst thing about ESO is that people keep talking about it.
>>
Does the Vigil of Stendarr exist outside of Skyrim? When was it formed?
>>
>>50131795
Excuse me?

>>50131871
The worst part is how people who don't like it keep talking about it*

>>50132007
Yes, post-Oblivion crisis.
>>
File: DaggerfallDreugh.gif (38KB, 103x160px) Image search: [Google]
DaggerfallDreugh.gif
38KB, 103x160px
Going to try to host a trial game of Scrollhammer on Roll20 in a few hours, if anyone's interested.
>>
>>50128228
I know I keep them for the 10/10 aesthetic.
>>
File: why morrowind is best.jpg (1MB, 1242x3790px) Image search: [Google]
why morrowind is best.jpg
1MB, 1242x3790px
>>50128295
>>50128572
>>50128715
>>50128729
>>50128759
man Morrowind did not fuck about when it came to worldbuilding
>>
>>50128748
>>50128722
Anyone that isn't a complete freak finds it trash.
>>
>>50132485
I feel like AoS would have been a better ruleset to base Elder Scrolls on. The scaleable skirmish dynamic fits a lot better to the setting.
>>
>>50134722
It doesn't matter, Anon. Nobody ever plays.
>>
>>50097932
late but i think the main difference is it's kind of implied if you worship the aedra despite them not really meddling within your life your afterlife will be good, but if you wuss out and start colluding with daedra who can actively change your mortal life you're condemned to Oblivion for your afterlife which generally sucks
>>
>>50134807
Depends on the person and the daedra you wroship. If you really fucking love hunting and worship Hircine, you're going to have a pretty great time.
>>
>>50134908
I imagine Hircine would get bored with you eventually and Most Dangerous Game your ass.
>>
>>50135015
The entire realm is one constatly changing game of hunter and hunted. Hircine doesn't really need to pay specific attention to you unless you're doing really well.
>>
>>50135057
Saved
>>
>>50135057
>spending that much time to creative fallacious arguments against homosexuality
All they had to do was put in some extra words in their presented premises and conclusions for their points to be valid. But then, expecting that from a bunch of NEETs and C college students isn't really feasible either.
>>
>>50135057
is this thing seriously citing statistics from upwards of 30 years ago
>>
>>50135057
This is pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>50112801
>Neloth being as Telvanni as one could be
Stuck up cunts as they can be, I just love those guys
>>
>>50135285
>tfw 2+2=4 is no longer true because it's old
>>
>>50116020
Just assuming, but I think both
I mean in most cases of beings with unusual long life spans due to magic you get liches
But Divayth could even magically clone rule 63 himself, so I'd argue that he has access to some really epic tier magic, which he uses to prolong his life
>>
>>50135351
statistics don't work that way, son.

thousands of people died from polio in the 1940s. if i tried to tell you thousands of people are currently dying from polio by citing death records from the 1940s you'd call me a shit-for-brains, you shit-for-brains.
>>
>>50135445
Yeah but we found a cure for polio
We don't have a cure for gay
>>
>>50135499
>durr hburr what is reading comprehension
>>
>>50135057
/pol/, pls go and stay go.
>>
>>50135057
>the conclusion in 2.A.i doesn't logically follow from 2.A
>he inadvertently "proves" that homosexuality isn't a choice by not knowing formal logic
>>
Well, that's one way to fuck up a thread. At least it happened near the end.

>>50132485
Scrollhammer game is open.
https://app.roll20.net/join/1672652/X4SYJA
>>
>>50125845

Nothing makes sense in ESO because all of it takes place in Coldharbour, because it's the only way ESO can make any sense.
>>
>>50136016
Yep.

"Like Nirn, but covered in shit" was more metaphorical than first realized.

>>50125845
>But during the events of ESO they're besties and work together! Just so that they can have a 'Alliance/Horde' thing just because WoW did it. I mean, at least they don't have the argonians on that team too, because if there's one thing post-dwemer dunmer hated more than Nords, it was argonians. All dem slaves....
>OH WAIT. THE ARGONIANS ARE ON THE SAME TEAM.
>and don't even get me started with the 'can't make buildings out of poetry' bullshit.
Hell on "Buildings out of Poetry" they SHOULD have ripped off WoW more, at least WoW wasn't trying to be grounded in boring bullshit at all times.

I hope that dev got spammed with images of the crazy architecture WoW had.
>>
>>50131123
So, the EP and AD are unstable and don't really work. What about the DC? I can imagine Redguards and Bretons getting along, but don't they regularly burn down Orsinium?
>>
File: file.png (134KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
134KB, 320x200px
Guys, I'm going to pop out for a minute. Can you watch my Orsinium in the meantime, just to make sure no one burns it?
I'm kind of in the middle of something important.
>>
>>50137573
None of them work, half the questline in all the areas is just getting the races to work together.
Which involves murdering the opposition and anyone who might have criticism against that particular faction. Kinda dark if you think about it.
>>
>bump limit reached
>on page 10
JUST
>>
>>50138361
It's Monday anyway.
>>
>>50138392
>>50138392
>>50138392
>>50138392
New Thread
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>50138397
it's still sunday where i live :^)
>>
>>50138400
>posting it and deleting it right away
Why even?
>>
Ho-ha-ho.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.