[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One-page RPGs thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: rpgcharacters.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rpgcharacters.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
I often see threads on /tg/ asking for very light game systems. I also see plenty of anons here that post about their projects and homebrews.

How about we make a thread to collect very short RPGs and encourage people to make more? I myself am more than willing to try my hands at it!

So, to start us off, here's a collection of RPGs with a very tight limit of 200 words per entry: http://schirduans.com/david/200-word-rpg-challenge-2016

As for submitting systems from your collection or of your own creation, I'd suggest these guidelines:
>If you have games ready to be submitted (either yours or from other people), they are fine if they're about 10 pages or less;
>If you want to create a new game to submit for this thread:
>>Keep the core system within one page or less;
>>Character creation may take up to another page;
>>Skills, equipment, magic, feats and other such things may take up to four pages;
>>If there are setting/background informations that are necessary to understand/play the game, they should be summarized within 1 page. For non-vital background information you may take as many pages as you want.
>>You may include images; full-page images that include written rules should be counted towards the page limit
>>Character sheets are not counted for the page limits
>>You may take up to one extra page for clarifications and appendices

Discussion and images to keep the thread bumped are appreciated too! Topics should be generally RPGs, homebrews, and short systems in general, or discussion over other people's submissions or your own project.

Have fun!
>>
File: Sputnik Lost.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Sputnik Lost.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Humble bump with the PDF that convinced me to make this thread, from >>50182745
>>
>>50183909
>>
File: Lite.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Lite.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50183909
GURPS Lite
give it a try
>>
>>50184996
>>50185026
Thank you for contributing! I'll try to fetch something more to add as well
>>
>>50183909
It might be argued that this is just a cheat sheet, but these pages are all that's needed to play any kind of game in the FATE System.
>>
>>50186051
Here is the Character Sheet. Ignore filename, the sheet is in English
>>
>>50186069
Fuck, it isn't because I'm an idiot. Whatever, just google FATE sheet and you're done, or just write on a paper what yoi need.
>>
>>50183909
>light
These kind of things have never really been my cuppa tea. A buddy is thinking of starting up a The Sprawl thing, and every time I try to read the book I just NOPE out of it.

I think 5e is sort of my acceptable pain limit for 'lite' system? Good crunch is fun, guess I'm more of a SR3e person...
GLHF tho
>>
>>50187768
To be honest I tend to be a crunch-heavy person myself (I'm the OP). The big system I've been working on lately is, well, big and awfully full of details. ANyway, I find light games entertaining to both write and play. Making them is a challenge in itself and it also allows me to make something within reasonable time limits, exercise creativity and feel good about myself!
>>
>>50188119
Sounds fun! :3
Hope you got/will have a group to test stuff out with.
>>
>>50188245
Thank you and yes, luckily I do. We test it on a semi-regular basis as I keep fixing the combat system and add feats, spells and stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 620x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 620x457px
>>50183909
Try lasers and feelings

Pick a number between two and five. Roll under for 'lasers' (logic scientific knowledge technical skill, ray guns) and roll over for feeling (emotion, empathy, intuition, hand to hand).

Despite the cutest hipster sounding name it's actually a perfect distillation of Star Trek the original series. It takes their reoccurring theme of reason versus emotion
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.